Windows Support Forum

Gateway NE56R wifi doesnt work at home after windows 8.1 update

Q: Gateway NE56R wifi doesnt work at home after windows 8.1 update

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Gateway NE56R wifi doesnt work at home after windows 8.1 update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.6%

THIS IS A NEW~ISH (1yr) LAPTOP FROM GATEWAY.  GATEWAY NE56R My wireless speeds are not up to par. The GATEWAY website sends me to ACER to download a network driver from their site.ACER website DOES NOT RECOGNIZE or SUPPORT GATEWAY COMPUTERS!!THIS IS RIDICULOUS! HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT GATEWAY WOULD NO LONGER HAVE ANY TYPE OF SUPPORT?? I WOULD NEVER HAVE BOUGHT THIS IF I HAD KNOWN. if anyone can help me, please reply?

Relevancy 94.6%

THIS IS A NEW~ISH (1yr) LAPTOP FROM GATEWAY.  GATEWAY NE56R My wireless speeds are not up to par. The GATEWAY website sends me to ACER to download a network driver from their site.ACER website DOES NOT RECOGNIZE or SUPPORT GATEWAY COMPUTERS!!THIS IS RIDICULOUS! HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT GATEWAY WOULD NO LONGER HAVE ANY TYPE OF SUPPORT?? I WOULD NEVER HAVE BOUGHT THIS IF I HAD KNOWN. if anyone can help me, please reply?

A:Need to update my network driver for GATEWAY NE56R

What operating system are you running?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Need-to-update-my-network-driver-for-GATEWAY-NE56R/td-p/311976
Relevancy 85.57%

Not the expected POST beep or anything like that.
When I plug in/unplug the power adapter, there is a beeping from the computer.
Now, if I plug in headphones and do this, it beeps through the headphones.
Muting the sound also mutes the beep.
There is no "PC Speaker" setting for me to mute.
There isn't the Non-PnP devices in the Device Manager to disable the "Beep" device.
I've gone through all of my Window's sounds. No change.
I've had a few Gateway support chats and they told me to either mute the aforementioned PC Speaker or to disable the speaker in the BIOS.
Checked the BIOS and there's no option.
Anyone have this problem? Anyone know what I can do to solve this?

A:Gateway NE56R laptop - Windows 8 beep sounds.

If you haven't solved this yet. You could try locating the sound being played and delete the sound file located C:\Windows\Media

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488370/gateway-ne56r-laptop-windows-8-beep-sounds/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi i have Windows 7 ultimate 64bit and XP Pro 32bit, and here is my issue: i have a huge network and i have to set my IPs
IPv4:
IP Adress 10.100.150.200
Subnet M: 255.255.128.0
Gateway: 10.100.20.1

DNS: 10.100.0.3

This settings work on all XP OS but doesnt work with all Windows 7. It works for 5-10 min then it says no connection. After set IP it works then doesnt work. If i ping 10.100.20.1 -t it pings as much as i want until i stop and if i restart ping it doesnt work, while first ping i can access to internet after stopping the ping no internet also, That win 7s works with normal ip configurations like: ip:192.168.0.10 gateway: 192.168.0.1

So any1 have any idea what it could be? Does windows 7 have problem with different gateway problem? or is it a bug?

Thanks for any reply..

A:Windows doesnt work With different IPv4 Gateway

Quote: Originally Posted by emiks

Hi i have Windows 7 ultimate 64bit and XP Pro 32bit, and here is my issue: i have a huge network and i have to set my IPs
IPv4:
IP Adress 10.100.150.200
Subnet M: 255.255.128.0
Gateway: 10.100.20.1

DNS: 10.100.0.3

This settings work on all XP OS but doesnt work with all Windows 7. It works for 5-10 min then it says no connection. After set IP it works then doesnt work. If i ping 10.100.20.1 -t it pings as much as i want until i stop and if i restart ping it doesnt work, while first ping i can access to internet after stopping the ping no internet also, That win 7s works with normal ip configurations like: ip:192.168.0.10 gateway: 192.168.0.1

So any1 have any idea what it could be? Does windows 7 have problem with different gateway problem? or is it a bug?

Thanks for any reply..

You haven't mentioned the type of router you are using for this connection but it may help to update the router's firmware to the newest version if possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/218450-windows-doesnt-work-different-ipv4-gateway.html
Relevancy 80.41%

hi i'm having a wifi problem once i've  upgraded to windows 10to be short , my wifi is disabled and i cant activate it neither manually ( Fn + F12 ) or authomatically (via windows )i tried to update my drivers ( they are all updated ) and the strange thing is that my bluethoot works perfectely !i'm having also a driver that says it is damaged it has a yellow triangle in it , this is its name ACPI\HPQ6001\2&DABA3FF&3thanks for your help

A:WIFI doesnt work after the windows 10 upgrade

JayForce wrote:hi i'm having a wifi problem once i've  upgraded to windows 10to be short , my wifi is disabled and i cant activate it neither manually ( Fn + F12 ) or authomatically (via windows )i tried to update my drivers ( they are all updated ) and the strange thing is that my bluethoot works perfectely !i'm having also a driver that says it is damaged it has a yellow triangle in it , this is its name ACPI\HPQ6001\2&DABA3FF&3thanks for your helpThat damaged driver is the wifi button driver. Which wifi adapter is installed? Have you tried installing the driver in compatibility mode? Right click the driver installer softpaq and click on troubleshoot compatibility.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-doesnt-work-after-the-windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5178058
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys i recently bought a windows tablet from Onda that came with full licenced windows didnt upgrade from anything and i reset it as soon as id finished fiddling about with it and testing it so i could set it up fresh it worked perfectly before resetting it and it connected to my wifi fine but after it wont find any internet connections and when i click the wifi icon in the corner it says connections unavailable ive tried the reg delete thing as doesnt tablet windows work 10 after Wifi resetting it has vpn on it and i googled around trying to find a fix one of which suggested if you upgrade from windows that vpn breaks the wifi so this might be similar however the command prompt didnt find the reg key thing it was supposed to delete so that was Wifi doesnt work after resetting windows 10 tablet a no go ive tried diagnosing connection problems and it resets the wifi adaptor but nothing improves ive Wifi doesnt work after resetting windows 10 tablet also tried updating the wifi driver but it says its already up to date and i cant connect to the internet on it to search for another adaptor ive contacted Onda but theyve just offered to replace it if i send this back which im a bit wary of doing as they might just deny recieving the item and im out whatever it costs to send to china tracked could anyone please help me this was what i tried Step- Execute the following command and then press Enter reg delete HKCRCLSID f -a ad- bf- - cbbc ba va f Step- Enter the bellow command and press Enter netcfg -v -u dni dne it couldnt find the reg to delete

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/33656-wifi-doesnt-work-after-resetting-windows-10-tablet.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi there, had to replace the hard drive and reinstall. Tried:Windows 8.1 professional / No brightness controlWindows 7 professional / No brightness controlXubuntu 13 / No brightness controlUbuntu 13 / No brigthness controlAlready downloaded the windows 7 and windows 8 drivers from the website support based on the model: no luck, doesn't work. Windows 8 doesn't even let me install (the install files say the computer doesn't match the hardware). Also downloaded the intel update driver tool, detected, downloaded, installed but no change, the computer remains with the Windows basic display driver. The touchpad synaptycs doesn't work, no scroll functions available, but the brightness is what concerns me the most. Tried searching by the serial # but no luck, everything brings me to the basic NE56R drivers. Will appreciate any help, thanks * I searched the web all around, above and below, the model seems very rare but I found posts about that laptop having brightness problems, no solutions found.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Gateway-NE56R-no-brightness-control/m-p/368759
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi there, had to replace the hard drive and reinstall. Tried:Windows 8.1 professional / No brightness controlWindows 7 professional / No brightness controlXubuntu 13 / No brightness controlUbuntu 13 / No brigthness controlAlready downloaded the windows 7 and windows 8 drivers from the website support based on the model: no luck, doesn't work. Windows 8 doesn't even let me install (the install files say the computer doesn't match the hardware). Also downloaded the intel update driver tool, detected, downloaded, installed but no change, the computer remains with the Windows basic display driver. The touchpad synaptycs doesn't work, no scroll functions available, but the brightness is what concerns me the most. Tried searching by the serial # but no luck, everything brings me to the basic NE56R drivers. Will appreciate any help, thanks * I searched the web all around, above and below, the model seems very rare but I found posts about that laptop having brightness problems, no solutions found.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Gateway-NE56R-no-brightness-control/td-p/368759/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 77.83%

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Gateway-NE56R-no-brightness-control/td-p/368759
Relevancy 76.97%

I'm trying to help my sister whose notebook has slowed down to a crawl Have cleaned out some problems w Adwcleaner but still slow so I suspect more issues IE in particular is very slow to come up altho it did improve when I removed AVG secure search AVG web tune-up Also do very to slow notebook and boot Gateway NE56R everything she Gateway NE56R notebook very slow to boot and do everything was one of the unfortunates whose computer was hijacked by m-soft and another part of the slowness was the downloading of Windows which I removed and hopefully prevented happening again using Outsider's GWX utility Could someone look thru the FRST scan results and guide me further in my quest to clean this mess up You guys have helped me immensely in the past Thanks Terri p s Just encountered copy paste problem in Notepad Gateway NE56R notebook very slow to boot and do everything and can't do it so sending both Farbar files as attachments I don't want to hold up my turn for help by trying to fix this copy paste issue first so Gateway NE56R notebook very slow to boot and do everything hope that's ok Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Mary administrator on MARY-PC - - Running from C Users Mary DesktopLoaded Profiles Mary Available Profiles Mary Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgrsa exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgcsrva exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgidsagent exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Framework Common avgsvca exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgwdsvcx exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerSvc exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LMutilps exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files x Gateway Registration GREGsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Gateway Gateway Updater UpdaterService exe NTI Corporation C Program Files x NTI Gateway MyBackup IScheduleSvc exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgnsa exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgemca exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe ELAN Microelectronics Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerTray exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxext exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe UltimateOutsider C Program Files x UltimateOutsider GWX Control Panel GWX control panel exe Apple Inc C Program Files x... Read more

A:Gateway NE56R notebook very slow to boot and do everything

Greetings Terri and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far.Please tell me how the computer runs in Safe Mode with Networking.Please do this.===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix in Normal or Safe Mode--------------------Press the Windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterClick Format and check Word WrapPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it to your Desktop as fixlist.txt. If FRST.exe is not on your Deskptop please move it to that location. (<<<Important)CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:
HKU\S-1-5-18\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "\SearchProtect"
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-459464201-4007533415-338245963-1000 -> {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
Toolbar: HKU\S-1-5-21-459464201-4007533415-338245963-1000 -> No Name - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - No File
Toolbar: HKU\S-1-5-21-459464201-4007533415-338245963-1000 -> No Name - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - No File
S2 USTSScheduler; "C:\Program Files (x86)\USTechSupport\SchedulerService\SchedulerService.exe" [X]
Task: {26C9BB89-217A-4B63-AA4C-03A117139EE5} - \DTReg -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {7A9B5B13-E79E-4B3E-85D9-44960E26A61E} - \DTChk -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {E02C81F2-3D04-43FA-B206-2E6FE4... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612091/gateway-ne56r-notebook-very-slow-to-boot-and-do-everything/
Relevancy 76.54%

I just reinstalled 8 on a ssd and tried to install 8.1 from the store but it says i need to update windows first. I tried running windows update but i get an error saying "Windows could not search for new updates" error code 80240440. I tried everything I could find online and nothing seems to work. I tried restarting windows update, i tried turning off firewall, I tried reinstalling windows again and selecting "check for updates online" before installing from the cd, i tried running a check disk, and there is absolutely no program installed on the drive other than windows. I think this is absurd and insane, i've never had so many problems with an operating system before, especially for something so basic as an update utility. Can anyone help me out?

A:Unable to update to 8.1 because windows update doesnt work

Try some of this : Windows 8 update Code 80240440 error - Microsoft Community

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/46145-unable-update-8-1-because-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 76.11%

windows is set to automatically update... but whenever i click search for updates it always finds some new updates... so the automatic update function is broken

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58583-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR WHEN TRYING TO UPDATE WINDOWS..... Error 0x80072EE7...IT WAS WORKING FINE ONLY 3 DAYS AGO... PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP BEFORE I REFORMAT AND START MY COMP AGAIN... I DONT WANNA DO THAT ...I HAVE WIN XP AND IE 7 IF THAT HELPS

Relevancy 76.11%

my windows update updated somefile and then my internet explorer wont work, i tried to instal ie 7 but it says installation failed ,any help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-then-my-ie-doesnt-work.596938/
Relevancy 74.39%

Dear
Getting one issue with my laptop.
Installed with Win7 pro 64.

Whan i tried to ipdate with WU getting the error 800737D
So i tried sfc /scannow and i get the error : windows ressource protection cannot apply asked operation (french version)

After many search i found the CheckSUR.log and it contains some errors

(end of filel)
ummary:
Seconds executed: 1022
Found 29 errors
CSI Manifest Missing Total count: 1
CSI Corrupt Component Keyform Total count: 2
CSI Corrupt Identity Total count: 1
CSI C Mark Deployment Missing Total count: 25
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_3a2710bsb3cad92001b58ea56989b2b8_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.17966_none_6de19eb 30ab4535d.manifest

You will find CBS.zip in attachement.

I saw on this forum some users who get help on those issue.
I really dont know how to solve it and i prefered not reinstall system.

Thanks for your help!

A:Windows Update 8007370D - sfc /scannow doesnt work

We still need the SFC results in the CBS.log (or CBSPersist files) - it should help us work out why SFC failed - it wasn't in what was uploaded.

You had fairly massive corruption when you first ran CheckSUR back in March - it fixed everything apart from the current error at that time.

I'll post a fix protocol for the manifest problem soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373990-windows-update-8007370d-sfc-scannow-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 72.67%

There is a shield with an x when I go to Windows Update. It seems to attempt to search but after hours it just keeps searching. Ive tried various "fixes" for Windows Update but nothing changes.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19989654
Relevancy 72.24%

I have recently encountered a problem with my PC,WI-FI works fine but my PC shows unidentified network. when i reset the modem and set it up it works fine but after some time it reverts back to its original state. Please help me

regards,

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1527 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 2 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 99898 MB, Free - 69680 MB; D: Total - 188468 MB, Free - 146175 MB; E: Total - 188469 MB, Free - 187787 MB; F: Total - 29996 MB, Free - 5637 MB; G: Total - 99 MB, Free - 61 MB; H: Total - 40876 MB, Free - 40749 MB; I: Total - 40876 MB, Free - 9340 MB; J: Total - 40868 MB, Free - 6361 MB;
Motherboard:
Antivirus: Quick Heal Total Security, Updated and Enabled

A:LAN doesnt work, but wifi does

do you have other devices connected at all
if so , do they also disconnect

W7 Ultimate
did this come with the PC ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-doesnt-work-but-wifi-does.1171937/
Relevancy 71.81%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi! I have a problem. I have wifi connection on my laptop but it doesn`t work now. I need to plug ethernet cable in my laptop in order to have an internet. And wifi lost all known networks. Can you help me?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does-4597111/
Relevancy 71.38%

I am using windows XP pro with service pack My computer has been working with succesfully with wifi previously But my landlord installed a new wifi network system and it works for every PC doesnt wifi Solved: on my work computer in the network except mine He doesnt know why On my list of wireless networks it says there is a strong signal for the network and that I am currently connected to it I have entered the network password correctly But it also says Status Limited or no connectivity The network did not assign a network address to this computer If I click the repair button it says Windows can not repair the wireless network because the following action can not be completed renewing your IP address For Solved: wifi doesnt work on my PC assistance contact the person who manages your network I think that the transmitter router does not want to communicate with my computer I dont know why In wireless network connection status gt properties gt internet protocol TCP IP gt properties I have the following boxes checked obtain IP address automatically obtain DNS server address automatically My wireless card details wireless-G PCI adapter device type network adapters manufacturer Linksys IP address I have been told that an IP address in the range of xxx xxx like mine is what windows assigns to itself if the adapter is connected but can t find a DHCP server Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

My LapTop is HP Pavilion dv7-6157cl

I've tried 3 times to make the Windows Update Ralink RT5390 802.11 b/g/n/ Wifi Adapter with Drive Date 11/14/2012 and Ver 5.0.8.0 that's on the update site now but it does not work. So I've reverted back to the former adapter each time, including now.

My current adapter is drive date 9/7/2012 and Ver 5.0.3.0. This one works fine.

Also each time I tried to update I kept getting the message that my DNS settings had been changed. Did I want to keep current settings or change to new settings. This is also confusing.

Any ideas what's up with this obvious screw up from Microsoft or Ralink?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/23313-wifi-windows-update-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I downloaded Windows 7 through a flash drive, and the wifi isn't working on my computer. I have a HP m6-1045dx laptop. I think the drivers are missing, but I don't know how to install them because I have no internet on the computer.

A:Recently downloaded Windows 7 home premium, annd wifi won't work

Quote: Originally Posted by myousaf42

I downloaded Windows 7 through a flash drive, and the wifi isn't working on my computer. I have a HP m6-1045dx laptop. I think the drivers are missing, but I don't know how to install them because I have no internet on the computer.

Welcome myousaf42 to the windows 7 forum.

What you need to do is to use another computer and go to the hp site for your laptop support and download the drivers
for your wireless network card. put it on a flash drive and then install it on your laptop.
should work fine.

You were able to get on here so I assume you have another computer to use to download the drivers.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318924-recently-downloaded-windows-7-home-premium-annd-wifi-wont-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Please help!

There was a power outage in my apartment last night and my laptop was plugged in at the time. Now when my power cable is plugged into my laptop I cant receive wifi!! Ive double checked and whenever the laptop is just running on batteries it can receive wifi. This is so weird and Im worried the power outage broke something inside my laptop.

The laptop is am Acer Aspire 5100 and the wifi is a Linksys router.

Thankyou, thank you, thank you in advance!

Tania

A:Wifi doesnt work when power cable plugged in to laptop

Perhaps something has happened to the power adaptor. If you can find an identical adaptor with the same voltage and amperage output, try it at your home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-doesnt-work-when-power-cable-plugged-in-to-laptop.684491/
Relevancy 69.23%

hi

i got a new router and a new connection

the wifi is working on my pc, laptops, ipad. but not on the phones. got a samsung galaxy and an iphone 5

not a range problem. even if i am standing next to the router the problem is still there.

the phone connects to the wifi. thats all. cant use the net then

please help

thanks

Relevancy 68.37%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 68.37%

I ve scoured the internet for answers but wireless problems are so vast that I can t pinpoint the Update doesn't Solved: work SP1 WiFi after Windows answer to my problem This is what happened Internet and computer working fine as usual Windows Updater offered to update with Service Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 Pack Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 I confirmed After the computer restarted I tried to go about my business NO INTERNET CONNECTION Uninstalled the Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 Service Pack restarted Still no connection Other Symptoms I watch House too much -Opening Dell Wireless WLAN Card utility spurs the following message quot The Wireless Network Adapter could not be accessed This application may have diminished functionality as a result quot - Dell Wireless WLAN card Utility says Radio Disabled -Radio Configuration Dell Quickset WiFi Catcher says Switch Status Enabled So somehow this service pack did something that disabled messed up my wireless -- and now I don t know what to do I am running Windows Home Vista Premium and am using an B G N Draft wireless chip from Broadcom Dell Help would be awesome please nbsp

A:Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1

Are you sure Service Pack one didn't restart you WLAN Autooonfig on your PC?

http://www.home-network-help.com/wlan-autoconfig.html

Maybe you want to make sure thats all turned off since your just using the dell supplied software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-doesnt-work-after-windows-update-sp1.796404/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi
Wondering if someone can help me.

I am running Windows Vista Sp 1
For a little while i am unable to access my control panel. When i click on it, it comes up with a blank window(like its trying to open) and doesnt display anything. Also windows says cant check for updates.
Ive done some research and it tells me its got something to do with the SL UI Notification service. When i go to my services i can see its stopped. But when i start it, it stops striaght away.
Can someone help me to keep this strated permantly so i can recieve the updates as well as my control panel functioning properly
Look forward to hearing from an expert

A:Windows doesnt update + control panle doesnt load

When was it last.... there?

Run Vista System Restore -
START | rstrui - choose a restore point prior to the start of the missing sightings

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-doesnt-update-control-panle-doesnt-load-413575.html
Relevancy 66.22%

So heres my problem On boot XP Home Wireless desktop work 1200 sp3 Doesnt with Labtec screen it works but when the OS starts loading Labtec Wireless desktop 1200 Doesnt work with XP Home sp3 the lights turn of and back on and when windows is loaded the reciver just blanks out on me I have tried format uninstalling all drivers and installing only the keyboard ones searched for newer drivers than but failed used Labtec Wireless desktop 1200 Doesnt work with XP Home sp3 google used this forum sent it back to the shop and they said it works Im really out of ideas here even my Computer specalist father fails to get it work on another xp pc in our house I have thought about maybe its the realtek drivers but i really dont belive it So heres the specs of my pc Code Manufacturer FUJITSU SIEMENS Processor AMD Sempron tm Processor MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Hard Drive GB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Sound Card Realtek AC Audio Speakers Headphones Defender Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr -

A:Labtec Wireless desktop 1200 Doesnt work with XP Home sp3

Spontaneous rebooting like you described can be a couple of things. The first thing I would try would be to check the power supply. What is the wattage on your current PSU?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/labtec-wireless-desktop-1200-doesnt-work-with-xp-home-sp3-523891.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My automatic windows update doesnt work anymore, even reinstalling a new XP sent to me by microsoft didnt sort that out.

I am waiting for Microsoft to come up with a solution.

In the mean time I want to make sure I install all updates. How can I see which updates are installed and where do I go to pick up the latest manually

PS if anyone would know how to fix the update problem that would be even better!

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello mates its my first time i post here
before 1 hour i updated to the last build but some problems appeared. I cant open Market when i click it shows the logo and then it close also when i try to play an mp3 it pops an error box saying "the remote procedure call failed" i cant open videos as well and also photos tab from start doesnt work too . How can i fix that?

I had a clean installation of the latest Official ISO from MS

for example when i try open a pic i get this

A:Several apps doesnt work after update

Hi all,

Did anyone found a fix for that issue? I'm experiencing it too and it's really frustrating.

I will provide logs & other information if needed.
I'd appreciate it if anyone with experience could have a look.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Marin

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/8330-several-apps-doesnt-work-after-update.html
Relevancy 66.22%

After I successfully updated my laptop to 8.1, I wanted to update my desktop too. But it doesnt work. The installation crashes after a long wait time during reboot at some point, for example last time, I tried twice, at 82% (preparing settings) or something. A orange screen appears (something went wrong) with a sad smiley and it reboots. After the crash reboot it hangs again and when I do a reset, it will restore the Windows to 8. What could be the problem for this? How could I debug into it? What kind of log files should I post here from the $windows.~bt folder?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/34007-8-1-update-doesnt-work-crash.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all,

I resntly bought myself a new harddrive for my PC. Nothing special, its a 40 Gig Seagate Barracuda 7200. When i tried to install it it didnt work. The PC just cant see it. A mate sugested a bios update but ive heard they can ruin the PC if they go wrong. Can someone explain exactly what a bios update does and how to do it. Ive got the update just deciding whether to get someone to do it or not. Or if someone has some other sugestions as to getting the new harddrive working...

Thanks

Pisso

A:New Harddrive doesnt work... Bios update???

it's pretty unlikely that you're going to need a bios update to use a second harddrive. it's far more likely that the cabling and jumper scheme is flawed, check that out first.

a bios update (aka 'flashing' the bios) is the process of changing the bios code stored on a special chip onboard (aka cmos chip) to a different version. it is performed by executing a program supplied by your motherboard maker, and may or may not require the use of floppies. running an update program designed for another motherboard can easily cause fatal errors that make the board unbootable. losing power during the bios upgrading process can corrupt the cmos code and render the system unbootable. should a board become unbootable, it will not be able to execute the correct update program and cannot be fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-harddrive-doesnt-work-bios-update.27894/
Relevancy 65.36%

A friend of mine has shut down his pc during an update, now the screen wont work at all, i tried plugging it into the tv to see if it worked but nothing has worked

Its window 7 and a hp (pavillion dv6 ?)

A:Shut off during update, screen doesnt work at all

Quote: Originally Posted by Taaf

A friend of mine has shut down his pc during an update, now the screen wont work at all, i tried plugging it into the tv to see if it worked but nothing has worked

Its window 7 and a hp (pavillion dv6 ?)

Try this : Press f8 when starting the computer - then do a system restore before you shut off the system when doing a update ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/215759-shut-off-during-update-screen-doesnt-work-all.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have a problem where my microphone do
doesnt actually work what it does when i try to talk anywhere ,such as a game or skype, is that it will playback all of my computer audio(Ex if im talking to someone on skype they will hear themselves instead of me) ive tried many things such as getting a sound card and messing around in the audio device setting in windows 10 but nothing seems to fix it. I am slowly losing hope. I am pretty sure this is a software problem but i cant seem to put my finger on what it is.
My computer specs:
Case:
Phantom 530
Motherboard:
MSI Gaming 5 z97
CPU:
I5-4790k
Ram:
16 Gigs of Kingston HyperX Fury Ram
Storage:
240 Gig Sandisk SSD
Generic 2 TB Toshiba 7200 RPM HDD
Optical Drive:
Generic (Rarely Use It)
-Peroxide

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-mic-doesnt-work-bought-sound-card-still-doesnt-work.1166213/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am having a proble with my computer I cannot do Windows updates window opens update home windows ads plus at work browser cannot Help with new when I try I get quot Internet Explore cannot display this website quot I can get to other pages with internet explorer infact when I opened http www bleepingcomputer com I did get there I also got another browser window that opened to quot http newsdaily com income index html quot which is some ads for work at home offers I don t know if the two problems are related I have also noticed that when I leave my mouse alone Help cannot update windows plus browser opens new window with work at home ads that every seconds or so the curser goes from normal to busy right back to normal Help cannot update windows plus browser opens new window with work at home ads not sure if it is normal I am running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Version build xpsr sp gdr - Service Pack Internet ExplorerVersion Update Version I am running CA Security Suite CA Anti-VirusCA Anti-SpywareCA Personal FirewallI have mbam installed and I update it before I run it every once in a while I ran it last on here is the log file from then Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes orgDatabase version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer PMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Full scan C D F G Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER Software SolutionAV Rogue AntivirSolutionPro - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected I hope you can help me Thanks George

A:Help cannot update windows plus browser opens new window with work at home ads

Hi George, these are usually caused by malware.Let's do these scans also.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this,needs an update:Open MBAM in normal/regular mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346130/help-cannot-update-windows-plus-browser-opens-new-window-with-work-at-home-ads/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi HP Support Greetings from Latin America, we have a HP Pavillion All in one 27-n001la, mainly used by my 5 years old daughter, with all her educative games. Since the upgrade to Windows 10, touch screen is not longer "touch", and we cannot find driver available at the website to solve this issue, which btw, is quite relevant for my daughter as she still doesnt have any control of the mouse. Hope you can help us. Warm Regards from Chile Carolina

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-Screen-of-my-HP-27-n001la-doesnt-work-since-Update-to/td-p/5678166
Relevancy 63.64%

i havent done anything changing lately. but whenever i want to alt crtl delete to close off a web page that is stuck it doesnt go onto the thing anymore. when i goto cmd on run in start button it says this program is already being used. but when i type in command in run it goes on. are they the same things?

A:My Alt,crtl,delete Thing Doesnt Work And Cmd Doesnt Work?

Have you updated, and run your antivirus?Have you done any online virus scans?Have you run any Spyware/Malware programs?What Spyware/Malware programs do you use?Were there any error messages?If so, what was the exact error message?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69639/my-altcrtldelete-thing-doesnt-work-and-cmd-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey,

So i'm having an odd problem, my wifi only works correctly at home. When at home, I have no problem and a good, solid internet connection. When I am anywhere else (friend's house, school, work, even my phone personal hotspot), I can connect to the internet with no problem, and it even shows as "internet" on the wifi screen so I know it is getting it. However, when I attempt to load a webpage it shows as if there is no internet. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. I have done the ipconfig renew and release, when I do release it says "media disconnected". I have also tried forgetting the network and reconnecting.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the internet in these locations to troubleshoot, so I figure I would get some advice now and try it when I am there again.

Thank you

A:Can only get wifi to work at home.

Anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35186-can-only-get-wifi-work-home.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Everyone,

My hard drive crashed, so I installed a new one. I reinstalled XP via the 3 Toshiba Recovery and Applications/Drivers CD that came with my laptop. Everything went fine. This laptop did NOT come with a built-in WIFI card, so I have a Belkin 54g card, and I installed the drivers for the card.

I am able to see available wireless networks, and succesfully put in the WEP password on my router. My connection is 'excellent', however when I click on IE or AIM I can't get online. When I look at the status, I can see I'm Connected, however I'm only sending some packets, not receiving any. See attachment.

I can plug in my ethernet cable and get online just fine this way.

any help?

A:Reinstalled XP Home, now Wifi won't work

Hi Everyone,

My hard drive crashed, so I installed a new one. I reinstalled XP via the 3 Toshiba Recovery and Applications/Drivers CD that came with my laptop. Everything went fine. This laptop did NOT come with a built-in WIFI card, so I have a Belkin 54g card, and I installed the drivers for the card.

I am able to see available wireless networks, and succesfully put in the WEP password on my router. My connection is 'excellent', however when I click on IE or AIM I can't get online. When I look at the status, I can see I'm Connected, however I'm only sending some packets, not receiving any.

I can plug in my ethernet cable and get online just fine this way.

any help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/reinstalled-xp-home-now-wifi-wont-work-147846.html
Relevancy 62.35%

***I have no problem connecting to my WiFi at home and other hotspots, but when i go to work, which is at a hotel with and unsecured wireless network, it tells me I cannot connect due to an unknown reason. Please help***

A:Connect to WiFi at home, but not at Work

At home and at work (identify the work network if it is not obvious) ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-to-wifi-at-home-but-not-at-work.977732/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys,

I've got a Dell work laptop. It has McAfee Safeboot and other work related security things. I don't have many "privileges" on the machine. It connects to my work wifi network just fine (automatically) but I can't get it to connect to any wifi networks outside of work. If go to network settings and look at the wireless adapter and view available wifi networks, nothing comes up. It looks like the laptop has an alternative program that controls network adapter (Dell network adapter program) but it won't open when I double click it.

Any thoughts on where to start? What more info would you like?

-eamon

A:Connect work laptop to home wifi

Have a talk with your work IT department and see if they can check it out for you. Then I would make sure that all the drivers are updated, not through MS but through each vendors website, especially the network adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177144-connect-work-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 61.92%

my laptop and handphone couldn';t even find my home wifi while the rest could..
i tried to restart my adaptor for quite a few times but it still fail...
this problem appeared suddenly when i still could connect it last time..

i m using asus n43s windows 7 home premium

A:couldn't connect to home wifi when others work!

What channel is the router using? What channels are the computer's adapter capable of using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/couldnt-connect-to-home-wifi-when-others-work.1105910/
Relevancy 61.06%

Got me stumped! My Sony Vaio connects to the net fine at work but at home shows connection to the wireless network but no internet access. Any thoughts appreciated! BTW I'm using a Netgear DGN1000 & IE.

A:Unable to connect to net via wifi at home but is fine at work

Is this a company issued machine ?
Sounds like it should of been connected to your home network before your work network if it was a personal machine ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/288200-unable-connect-net-via-wifi-home-but-fine-work.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. When I am at work the wifi connection works perfectly fine. However when I go home the wifi is extremely spotty. It will work and then randomly I will have trouble opening a webpage or checking my email. It will say my network connection is unavailable. The strange thing is my wife's wifi on her laptop will work perfectly fine even when mine is not. Is there a setting on my laptop that is getting messed up as I move between networks? Thanks for the help.

A:Wifi is fine at work but spotty at home on just my laptop

it maybe the signal strength
lets have a look at the signal at home
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-fine-at-work-but-spotty-at-home-on-just-my-laptop.1158206/
Relevancy 60.63%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 60.2%

I just purchased ACER ASPIRE E 17 - model: E5-722G-68AP, and after i installed Windows 10 (64x) it seems that Windows dont see Wifi & BT hardware at all. So i checked the Stickers bahind and it says: Wireless and bluetooth device QCNFA435 is installed in this laptop. Installation CD contains this driver, but it doesnt do nothing, installs, restarts the OS and nothing happens, Airplane mode is checked and turned off, downloaded same driver from Acer support page, same issue is here. Please advice PS: Network LAN Adapter works normally

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-722G-68AP-Windows-10-doesnt-recognize-WiFi-and-BT-adapter/td-p/441044/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,after last big update of Windows 10 : - bluetooth is diseappeared, it isnt' working anymore and moreover the light of audio and wifi on the keyboard is always on. I tried to reinstall BT drive with no success. Matteo

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-audio-led-and-wifi-led-don-t-work-after-update/td-p/5797166
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello , ihave an HP pavillion G71 340us that uses wifi link 1000 BG. I have my wifi drivers installed properly and everything set accordingly but when ever i turn on it on i cant see any wifi signals or any wifi at all to connect to . I am able to use a usb modem to connect to the internet but i cant use wifi because it doesnt show me available wifi to connect to.

A:My wifi card doesnt receive wifi signals

Dear Customer, Please try the below troubleshooting:http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=wirelessconnection.net&section=social   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-card-doesnt-receive-wifi-signals/td-p/5841271
Relevancy 58.91%

How can I fix this?
How do I uninstall the last update?
How do I unable updates?
This is urgent.
This will let me go to another OS

A:My Push notification does only work when on WIFI! It happen after the last update>

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question How can I fix this?
How do I uninstall the last update?
How do I unable updates?
This is urgent.
This will let me go to another OS Please, which device, windows build and apps?
Start with a simply soft reset (hold vol down + power 15secs)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441865-my-push-notification-does-only-work-when-wifi-happen-after-last-update.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello Everyone, we've a Problem. After we've updated a HP ThinClient T610 to the newest ThinPro Version (5.2.x) it doesn't recognized the WIFI Adapter anymore. I've tested it with another one, but even this one doesn't work. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? Or is there a list with the supported WIFI Adapter on it? It would be great if anyone could help us. We should provide a solution to the customer. By the way: the adapter ist shown in the USB-Manager. But it doesn't recognize it as a WIFI Adapter. It's just there that i could redirect it to the session, not to connect to a Wireless-Network. Many thanks!Alex

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T610-WIFI-Adapter-doesn-t-work-after-ThinPro-5-2-Update/td-p/5711207
Relevancy 58.05%

here s a HT log please help i can t access anything through windows work... doesnt explorer help! windows explorer and i have several viruses on my computer what can i do windows explorer doesnt work... help! Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe D Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe D Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe D PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe D Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe D Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C program files qttask exe C WINDOWS javany exe D Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS iesy exe D Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files Winamp winamp exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Erik Desktop PeperFix exe C Documents and Settings Erik Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS apaoz dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS apaoz dll sp html R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO no name - ABF C-DD D- FF-DD A-B E F B E - C WINDOWS d pn dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run vptray D PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run InCD D Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent D Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C program files qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run javany exe C WINDOWS javany exe O - HKLM RunOnce winnt exe C WINDOWS winnt exe O - HKLM RunOnce apiqx exe C WINDOWS apiqx exe O - HKLM RunOnce iesy exe C WINDOWS iesy exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot D Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM D Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res D Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - D Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - D Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - D Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - D Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - D Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Trusted IP range HKLM O - DPF C BBD-E - DAD- - E C FDC CDKey Class - http www cdkeybonus com cdkey ITCDKey cab O - DPF B F-D BF- -B -FDC F F E B FilePlanet Download Control Class - http www fileplanet com fpdlmgr cabs FPDC cab O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net pple com bonnie us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF D F B - A - D - B - DC A SecureLogin SecureControl - http secure comned com signup... Read more

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all, I have a serious problem. I install SP3 on Windows XP Professional and when I try to export to PDF (Crystal Report 8.5) this error occured: Failed to export the report. When uninstall the SP3 the export works good. What does mean? Any suggestion?
My XP installation:
- Windows XP SP3- .NET Framework 1.1- .NET Framework 2.0- AFPL GhostCript 8.51- MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser- MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
 Thanks. 

A:Please HELP! Export to PDF doesnt work under Windows XP SP3.

Hi everybody.

I was having the same problem here: using Crystal Reports 8.0 and PDF Exporting functionality added from Crystal Reports 8.5 files, exporting to PDF stopped working when we installed Windows XP SP3. It never worked on Windows Vista as well.

Similar to Voloda10 (the person from the last post), when I installed Crystal Reports 8.5 SP3 on the development machine with Windows XP SP3 the problem was solved, but when I tried to install manually the DLLs from CR 8.5 SP3, the problem wasn't solved. The files I picked were the ones related to the problem:

'u2ddisk.dll' v8.6.0.304 (%windir%\Crystal)

'u2fPDF.dll' (or 'crxf_pdf.dll') v8.6.2.429 (%windir%\Crystal)

'tslv.dll' (or 'crtslv.dll') v8.6.1.726 (%ProgramFiles%\Seagate Software\Shared) (or %CommonProgramFiles%\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin ?)

'ExportModeller.dll' v8.6.2.440 (%ProgramFiles%\Seagate Software\Shared) (or %CommonProgramFiles%\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin ?)
But after some testing I finally concluded that the file that solved the problem was the main API dll, 'crpe32.dll'!! I use the Automation Server, that uses the 'crpe32.dll' file, so in my case this one solved the problem:

'crpe32.dll' v8.5.3.979 (%windir%\System32)
In another application I use the RDC component and was experiencing the same problem. Same solution. I replaced the 'craxdrt.dll' file and the problem was solved:

'craxdrt.dll' v8.5.0.674 (%ProgramFiles%\Seagate Software\Report Designer Component)
And better than that, those files solved the problem for Windows Vista too!

Googleing for "crystal reports 8.5 service pack" I found a link to the CR 8.5 SP3 on a brazilian website (http://www.crystal.com.br/su_sp.asp). The direct link for the SP:
   http://ftp1.businessobjects.com/webprod/hot_fixes/en/cr85win_en_sp3.exe

Tip: Instead of installing the SP, you can unpack 'cr85win_en_sp3.exe' and after that use some tool to decompress 'data1.cab' (it's a Install Shield v6 Compressed File, not compatible with Microsoft .CAB files), like i6comp, that you can get here (or somewhere else):
   http://programmerstools.org/node/123

Regards,
Pedro.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8b7e2642-e823-4ad0-acd0-e1e6e1ead5d8/please-help-export-to-pdf-doesnt-work-under-windows-xp-sp3?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, does anyone knows why does everytime i restart or turn on my computer the size of my windows go back to the default size?? it looks like Windows XP doesnt remember the windows size setting.

Thanks so much!!!

n00ber

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Ive been having a problem lately with my windows Everytime i want to acess my folders or any windows archive by left clicking it comes out with an error msg Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvienice then i click see what this data report contains and it comes up with browser Windows doesnt work error signature AppName explorer exe Appver Modname helper dll Modver offset f I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out i ran hijack this since i heard it was a good program and it came up with some stufff heres the Windows browser doesnt work log can someone check it out for me and tell me whats wrong please Thanks ElmalO Logfile of HijackThis Windows browser doesnt work v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C windows system saie exe C Program Files CSBB CSv P exe C Program Files AutoUpdate AutoUpdate exe C PROGRA Softwin BITDEF bdmcon exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdoesrv exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdswitch exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exe C Program Files CxtPls CxtPls exe C Program Files mozilla org Mozilla mozilla exe C Program Files AlertSpy AlertSpy exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnews exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http hot-searches com search php v amp aff R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http hot-searches com index php v amp aff R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hot-searches com index php v amp aff R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride hot-searches com lender-search com O - Hosts file is located at C WINDOWS nsdb hosts O - Hosts lender-search com O - Hosts hot-searches com O - BHO IE Agent - - - - - - C Program Files CSBB CSBB DLL O - BHO BTGrabObj Class - -F C- B - EC -AD - C WINDOWS BTGrab dll O - BHO My Search BHO - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - C Program Files MySearch bar bin S BAR DLL O - BHO no name - BE- D - CEB-ADD -E A D - C Program Files CxtPls cxtpls dll O - BHO no name - C C -F F- D - B - ACD AE - C WINDOWS Helper dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - C WINDOWS systb dll O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO SDWin Class - CD C- FF- - FC-AEA B B DCE - C WINDOWS System dzbkf dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar My Search Bar - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - C Program Files MySearch bar bin S BAR DLL O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - ... Read more

A:Windows browser doesnt work

Hi and welcome to TSG,

Please download and run the following program(s):

CWSHREDDER

http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html

Close all browser windows, open cwshredder.exe then click "Fix" and let it run.

Then restart your computer.

AD-AWARE

Go here: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
and download Ad-Aware SE Personal

Install the program and launch it.

First, in the bottom right-hand corner of the main window click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

Then, in the main window: Click Start and under Select a scan Mode tick Perform full system scan.

Then, deselect Search for negligible risk entries.

To start the scan, click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it. (Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and then click Next)

Restart your computer.
SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY

http://majorgeeks.com/download2471.html

Open Spybot Search & Destroy (Click Start, Programs, Spybot S&D (Advanced Mode). Click online, Search for updates, Download all available updates. Close all Browser windows, Click ''Check for Problems''. Anything that needs to be fixed it will show in red and have a green check in the box to the left. Click ''Fix Selected Problems'', Then restart your computer.

Then, after rebooting, please post another log and we’ll see what’s left to get rid of.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-browser-doesnt-work.322264/
Relevancy 58.05%

i have a creative sound blaster x-fi xtreme fidelity sound card and i dont think it is compatible with windows 7

here is screenshot of the software i have for it.

http://prntscr.com/4yjqo5

tells me recording cant be used.

so if this software isnt compatible with windows 7.. are there any new updates for it so i can use it on windows 7?

or is there any other sound software i can use?

thanks for help

Relevancy 58.05%

The tool bar on the bottom of my screen all of a sudden stopped working. I cant click on Start to open my programs and when i minimize programs they disappear. It looks fine but it doesnt work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

A:Windows XP tool bar doesnt work

Use Error Checking
Start - my computer - Right click Local Disks C - Properties - Tools Tab - Error Checking Section -
Check Now - Check mark both boxes - Click Start.
This will start when you Restart your computer. It take about 35 minute on mine. 5 parts and the last 2 takes
the longest.

Go here for Taskbar repair. Anyway that's what they say.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-tool-bar-doesnt-work.635854/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have tried to run the update, both from the pop up, and downloading from the website. When I try to run it, a window pops up and says "please wait" and disappears and nothing else happens.

A:upgrading to windows 10 doesnt work

Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have installed all of the Windows 7 updates, uninstalled my virus scanner, and still it wont upgrade. When I start the upgrade a window pops up that says "please wait", it stays up for less than 2 seconds and disappears, then nothing else happens. I have tried running it as administrator and still nothing.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/upgrading-to-windows-10-doesnt-work/531.html
Relevancy 58.05%

its a brand new 50x cd rom drive, it works perfectly under win98/win2k, however in XP it pauses my computer for about 30 seconds when I insert a CD, half the time it'll detect the cd, sometimes it still thinks the previous cd is still in..i tried turning on DMA, i tried turning off the autoplay features, i tried switching around the jumpers, i also tried running with just the cdrom( i have a cdrw connected that works perfectly )

btw I have a brand new computer so I don't believe it has anything to do with the hardware, I was thinking maybe an IRQ conflict but the device manager says there is not one..does anyone know whats wrong? would appreciate any help.

A:CDROM doesnt work under Windows XP

first make sure you don't have any 16bit drivers loading in autoexec.bat or config.sys.
second, your drive my simply not work with xp; check microsoft's hardware compatability page ( forget the link) for more information.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cdrom-doesnt-work-under-windows-xp.55992/
Relevancy 58.05%

When I hit Windows + E Key. it doesnt bring up the windows explorer anymore. It gives me the error message " This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I am the administrator on this PC and I have no other usernames or guests on this PC. I was trying to hide the network connections options in control panel using the registry and i think somehow i messed it up.

I have windows XP- Sp2, DDR1 Ram. And my keyboard is fine. No virsuses or spywares detected.

I think i accidentally made some registry changes.

Plz help

Relevancy 58.05%

i installed windows 7, and everything seemed to work fine.
installed a bunch of programs, they also all seem to work.

but then i decided to do some backups; i created the rescue cd using windows, and then cloned the hard drive also using windows 7.

but then i noticed the backup program, and decided to click on "set up backup"; nothing happens.

if i try the same from a disk drive/properties (ie click on backup there) nothing happens either.

any ideas? maybe something i installed broke this, but it seems like a pretty basic function to break like this.

thanks,

mark

A:Windows 7 backup doesnt work

Quote: Originally Posted by markg

i installed windows 7, and everything seemed to work fine.
installed a bunch of programs, they also all seem to work.

but then i decided to do some backups; i created the rescue cd using windows, and then cloned the hard drive also using windows 7.

but then i noticed the backup program, and decided to click on "set up backup"; nothing happens.

if i try the same from a disk drive/properties (ie click on backup there) nothing happens either.

any ideas? maybe something i installed broke this, but it seems like a pretty basic function to break like this.

thanks,

mark

Mark one thig you can do is to check event viewer (type event viewer in search) go to the windows log>application tab. look for errors relating to vss, backup, app hang app crash. (errors have red in the left column) when you find them note the event ID and source code and let us know whata they are

Another thing you can do is to go into services.msc and make sure the vss service is running. If not set it to auto and start it.

the other option is to use a 4rd party app like acronis (which I recommend) since it doesnt use vss or anything else It will run

Hope this helps

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/38542-windows-7-backup-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 58.05%

when i open windows explorer it crashes and i get this See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box Exception Text System AccessViolationException Attempted to read or write protected memory This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt at EnumProcesses UInt UInt UInt at ePower DMC DMC Form doesnt explorer work windows Please help EnhanceTimer Tick Object sender Please help windows explorer doesnt work EventArgs e at System Windows Forms Timer OnTick Please help windows explorer doesnt work EventArgs e at System Windows Forms Timer TimerNativeWindow WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms NativeWindow Callback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtr wparam IntPtr lparam Loaded Assemblies mscorlib Assembly Version Win Version REDBITS - CodeBase Please help windows explorer doesnt work file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- ePower DMC Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file C Acer Empowering Technology EPOWER EPOWER DMC EXE ---------------------------------------- msvcm Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none d b c f msvcm dll ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms Assembly Version Win Version REDBITS - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Windows Forms b a c e System Windows Forms dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version Win Version REDBITS - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System b a c e System dll ---------------------------------------- System Drawing Assembly Version Win Version REDBITS - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Drawing b f f f d a a System Drawing dll ---------------------------------------- System Runtime Remoting Assembly Version Win Version REDBITS - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Runtime Remoting b a c e System Runtime Remoting dll ---------------------------------------- WMIInterface Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file C Acer Empowering Technology EPOWER WMIInterface DLL ---------------------------------------- JIT Debugging To enable just-in-time JIT debugging the config file for this application or computer machine config must have the jitDebugging value set in the system windows forms section The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled For example lt configuration gt lt system windows forms jitDebugging quot true quot gt lt configuration gt When JIT debugging is enabled any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box nbsp

A:Please help windows explorer doesnt work

It looks to be some sort of problem with Acer ePower, which appears to be some sort of proprietary power management. Are you current on windows maintenance, including the most recent .NET?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-windows-explorer-doesnt-work.777100/
Relevancy 58.05%

Basically, I just purchased a brand new windows laptop and since purchasing it every time I go to click on the windows store icon it launches the app and then stays on the loading screen forever. I have left it for hours and it does not go into
the app. This is very frustrating and I cannot seem to find a solution!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/95eff220-0e8d-4873-8998-f6a628b93a5a/help-windows-store-app-doesnt-work?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all, long time no see :-)

I have converted to Apple myself, but a very good friend of mine is still sticking with Win XP Pro, but recently he tells me that Google the search engine doesnt work when used with Internet Explorer, no matter what version of IE he uses !!
He says Bing works perfectly OK.
He is asking me if anyone else is having the same trouble ? and does anybody know why ??

Thanks if you can help and/or advise my mate what is going on.

Tim

A:Windows XP + IE + Google doesnt work !!!.

Doesn't work how can't find google. Crash what?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-xp/125010-windows-xp-ie-google-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Recently, Ive had to reformat my computer after a massive virus took over my computer. And now Ive been trying to return all the programs that ive had on previously.

Internet Explorer 7 was my favourite web browser, dont ask me why I just like its design, so I tried to put it on again. And so everytime I install Internet Explorer 7, and then reboot the computer (as it says to do) when I log back into my account, Only the background appears And a message appears telling me that windows explorer needs to shut down. And whence I Uninstall IE7, All is good.

Im running on XPSP2. And I installed Internet Explorer 7 directly off the microsoft website. And Currently Im using Internet Explorer 5.

A:When I install IE7, Windows explorer doesnt work.

It is suggested that you reboot twice after installing IE7. There is a good article on trouble shooting IE7, you can find it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206374/when-i-install-ie7-windows-explorer-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 57.62%

When i get into control panel>add remove programs > Add remove windows components i get an error message:
"Setup was unable to load the master information FIle"
Then when i press ok another window popups :

Cannot initialize or something ....
Please help ....
Also another problem on my PC that i cant change the Language options in control panel because the Field where the language options are (English/German etc ...) is simply empty ... it like the service is off or broken .....

Please help

A:Add/Remove Windows Components Doesnt Work

Do you have a Microsoft XP CD or cabinet files on the hard drive in the location of c:\I386

I believe what is not loading here is the sysoc.inf file. You can restore it to the c:\windows\inf folder.

Do a file search for it. You should have one copy in c:\windows\inf

You may find another in c:\I386

If you do, you may be able to copy the I386 file to c:\windows\inf

You probably ought to rename the one there first, eg: sysoc.old

If you just find sysoc.in_ with an underscore, that is a compressed file and needs to be expanded. It can be done using the following command with either your Microsoft CD or the c:\I386 folder as the source. I'll give the CD based command:
expand d:\i386\sysoc.in_ c:\windows\inf

this assumes 'd' is the letter assigned the CD-ROM drive. There is a space after the _ and before c:

I have nothing on the second problem, but the two may be related.

You can also try going to Start>Run and entering:

sfc /scannow

Close all Windows before doing that or you may not see the procedure execute.

You may need your System CD if files need to be restored. You may also not get any prompts at all if restores are made from the installed cache or c:\i386 folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-windows-components-doesnt-work.145402/
Relevancy 57.62%

This morning both of my laptops stopped working.

They both require the User to logon and this DOES work.
One goes to the desktop and the other shows the start page then nothing further can be done.
The mouse moves around but nothing happens when I click on anything. Nothing happens when I right click.
Ctrl-alt-delete does come up but the only options that work are to switch users or log out. There is only 1 User set up on each Pc. I cant access the task manager.

One of them is stuck on the wallpaper screen and the other is stuck on the start screen.
both are on windows 8.
Wireless network with mcfee security.

Any ideas?

A:windows desktop doesnt work-2laptops

Sounds like a defective mouse. Are you using the same one on both laptops? Have you tried the touchpad on each laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-desktop-doesnt-work-2laptops.1149492/
Relevancy 57.62%

Why don't wmc extenders work on windows 8? Are they working to fix this problem?
I want to install windows 8 but this is stopping me from installing it

A:Why doesnt the ceton echo work with windows 8?

maybe you should check with Ceton ,as its them that will have to come up with the fix. edit - found this .
Ceton releases Windows 8 drivers, Echo set-top box is getting Android inside for the holidays

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/14686-why-doesnt-ceton-echo-work-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I installed windows live messenger 2011 and when I try to login it says service unavailable.

Is it because its running on windows 8? I even tried all the compatibility modes and nothing seems to connect.

Thanks.

A:Windows Live Messenger doesnt work.

according to this it works, see post3 ; http://www.eightforums.com/software/2400-working-non-working-software-windows-8-developer-preview.html

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/3087-windows-live-messenger-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Status Unresolved Computer Type Desktop PC GPU Sapphire HD Dual-x gb GDDR factory OC using single GPU CPU Intel Ivy bridge i k Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD H LGA RAM Kingston Predator GB PSU Corsair TX M w Plus Bronze OS Windows Pro bits GPU Drivers Radeon crimson Hotfix installed only INF files through device manager Chipset Drivers z chipset version Background Applications before Black Screen http imgur com T Qz wi Description of Problem After installing Windows Pro on a new Seagate drive everything was ok for a while I was downloading drivers and moving around the desktop but then all of a sudden i got the black screen of death i did a reboot and i was unable to get past the loading screen of the windows logo the circle thing got stuck I rebooted till i finally made it into safe mode there I disabled the intel HD driver on device manager and i was able work on Windows Driver doesnt Amd 10 Crimson to log into the desktop in the next normal boot but then another crash i tried to install the Crimson drivers and right after i clicked the setup the screen freezes and i cant do anything i can move the mouse but nothing responds so I'm forced to reboot i tried installing the AMD drivers on safe mode and it said there was an error finding the device controller Troubleshooting The last thing i tried was to manually install the Crimson drivers on the device manager by clicking on the default display driver then update driver and manually choosing the path to the extracted AMD folder it installed correctly switched the resolution to automatically monitors native res but nothing else changed catalyst center didn't install so i tried opening the setup again to find the same issue reported above system freeze and reboot then i have to do the same annoying procedure going into safe mode disabling intel HD graphics on device manager i don't know why Amd Crimson Driver doesnt work on Windows 10 it keeps activating on its own how can i stop that and then rebooting into windows again I even used DDU again to see if i can install the Amd Crimson Driver doesnt work on Windows 10 driver afterwards but same result should i switch to an specific older version of crimson or catalyst I'm out of ideas and i have no clue what is causing all this Ive also seen many people on the forum having problems with the new drivers Amd Crimson Driver doesnt work on Windows 10 Id appreciate your help guys looking forward to your reply

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/55926-amd-crimson-driver-doesnt-work-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hello, after a sudden windows crash when the windows boot to desktop i can only see the desktop icons without titles, an error window without message and title. I would also to mention that i'm not able to move the cursor and use the keyboard. What's the problem ?

here is a photo of the desktop:
Attachment 52319

A:Windows doesnt work properly after bsod

Insert a Windows Disk and try a System Repair option. Click on Command Promt and entre the following command. Report back with the results. SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55269-windows-doesnt-work-properly-after-bsod.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Tried on the Windows Support website but have had no luck what so ever but im not surprised Here is my problem I have Windows media player and have kept Media Windows doesnt 10 Player work! my XP SP up to date etc however when i try to open WMP nothing happens Nothing in task manager and nothing on my screen I have reinstalled several times but notiably i cant do a clean uninstall because there is never an option to uninstall in Control Panel gt Add Remove programs And now when it installs it doesnt create icons and doesnt even open I have checked my computer for adware and spyware and its clean I also have Windows Media Player 10 doesnt work! a virus scanner and that hasnt picked up anything I have read something bout malware But how can i check for that Anyone have any ideas about how i can get WMP to work It doesnt even work on my browsers firefox and IE so i cant do anything like Windows Media Player 10 doesnt work! watch vids etc nbsp

A:Windows Media Player 10 doesnt work!

have you tried downloading a new wmp10? maybe yours is corrupt in some way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-10-doesnt-work.408203/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi!

The sleep mode on win 7 only works for like 5 seconds then it starts up again at login screen. Anyone know how to fix this? Because i want it to go sleep mode until i touch the keyboard or press anything for it to wake up.

A:Windows 7 Sleep mode doesnt work

Hi ! I think your network causes your computer wakes up automatically.
You can try this step.. hope it'll work...
Prevent your Network Card from waking your Windows Vista/7 up from its sleep

Check your network card properties through the device manager and disable the “Allow this devide to wake the computer” feature.

Right click on your “My Computer” then select Properties.
Click Device Manager on the left side of the Properties window.
Check your Network card on the Network Adapters (Click on the + sign to expand).
Right click on your network card and select properties.
Go to the Power Management tab and untick the option there to prevent your network card from ever waking up your Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-sleep-mode-doesnt-work-677548.html
Relevancy 57.62%

OS- windows vista 32-bits

Control Panel -> Network & Sharing center
Network discovery ON
File Sharing ON
Public folders Sharing ON
Password protected sharing ON
Media Sharing ON

Window firewall turned OFF
McAffee firewall turned OFF

Case 1: Connect to LAN using wireless connection (network type= private)
I can open the windows share, look at the list of shared folders & open them.

Case 2: Switch from Wireless to Wired LAN connection (network type= private)
I can open the windows share, look at the list of shared folders. But can NOT open any shared folder. Does anyone know why this may be happening? As far as I can say all is equal between the two networks. I have opened up appropriate ports on the router as well.

All I am doing is change from Wireless to Wired connection. Everything else is equal. I want to switch to wireless to improve file transfer speeds.

A:windows share doesnt work over wired lan

Here is a network trace from wireshark. I keep seeing re-transmissions for the packet highlighted below. Eventually the request times out at the client end.

139 23.780789000 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.4 SMB 160 Tree Connect AndX Request, Path: \\192.168.1.4\USERS
140 23.781413000 192.168.1.4 192.168.1.2 SMB 124 Tree Connect AndX Response
141 23.787286000 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.4 SMB 154 Trans2 Request, FIND_FIRST2, Pattern: \*
144 23.988441000 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.4 SMB 154 [TCP Retransmission] Trans2 Request, FIND_FIRST2, Pattern: \*
145 24.073991000 192.168.1.4 192.168.1.2 SMB 124 [TCP Retransmission] Tree Connect AndX Response

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/302621-windows-share-doesnt-work-over-wired-lan.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey,

During a LAN-Party, just like that some of the keys on my keyboard just stopped working.

[Key] Tab Key
[Key]Caps Lock
[Key] Windows Key

Im using my ROCCAT Valo. Its bin working very well since his LAN-Party!
And i have no idea whats wrong!
Please help!

A:My Tab, Caps Lock & Windows Key doesnt work!

Check the settings of your keyboard. The Roccat is designed to disable those keys. You have them set to be ignored.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-tab-caps-lock-windows-key-doesnt-work.905651/
Relevancy 57.62%

My laptop is HP envy 15t-ae000 CTO which run windows 8.1 . Today i updated my OS and restarted the system and found out that i am not able to use my touchpad.  I tried reinstalling the latest synaptics touchpad driver from the HP support center, but unfortunately it did not fix the issue. I tried to run the HP diagnostics during bootup for the touchpad and was not able to move the mouse pointer. Although the status of the diagnostics run says cancelled rather than failed.  If someone could suggest some probable solutions, it would be of great help. Thanks in advance. Regards,Srijith 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/touchpad-doesnt-work-once-windows-8-1-got-updated/td-p/5742994
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a problem. My prolific driver serial to usb doesn't work. I have windows 8 64 bit. I have tried several things but not succeed. I have read that ther is a ser2pl64.sys 90Kb which will work but I cannot find it on the internet. Can anyone help me with this file. Thanks.

I finally succeed to get a working version again.

A:prolific driver doesnt work on Windows 8

I have a Prolific USB/Serial converter. I had an older version that worked on Win 7 but would not work in Win 8. I bought a new model (with updated internal chip) and that now works in Win 8.

It isn't the driver, its the chip version, from what I found out doing google searches.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/283305-prolific-driver-doesnt-work-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

first of all I'm from Holland and not a wizzkid much of the things I read I don't really understand what its about also 7 work after doesnt upgrade windows keyboard because of the keyboard doesnt work after upgrade windows 7 english versus dutch terminology for things Hopefully somebody can help me out i have a friend who understands computerstuff a lot better seeing him tomorow to trie to fix the problem I bought a hp pavillion dv with 'free' upgrade for windows Ordered it and tried to install but compatibility report stated to update driver keyboard doesnt work after upgrade windows 7 keyboardfilter first and that I had to remove certain software games skype and ATI catalist install manager control center removed games and skype but couln't find the ATI thing to remove I also could not find keyboardfilter and updated anything to do with keyboards Then started upgrade but it got stuck on finalising so had to quit eversince the keyboard doesn't work Got depressed about it and left it for a while Yesterday full hope tried again and found out that I could put keyboard on the screen so I could at least type again and finally get into my laptop tried again to update all possible reinstalled the upgrade manager keyboard doesnt work after upgrade windows 7 cd and this time it worked So according to my computer windows is perfectly installed with all recent driver updates etc me happy thought to be smart but keyboard still doesn't work I found problems triangle with exclamationmark which computer itself cannot solve driverprogram 'synaptics PS Port TouchPad' - problem with starting code standard - key or microsoft natural PS keyboard wi th HP QLB - the digital signature that is needed cannot be checked Possible that after recent hardware or software change a file is insalled that is incorrectly signed or is damaged or damaged software from unknown sorce is installed code I had to translate this from dutch so excuse any clumsyness What to do

A:keyboard doesnt work after upgrade windows 7

Hi

Try a look at this:

HP PAVILLION DV7-1245DX UPGRADE FROM VISTA 64 BIT ... - HP Support Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/54422-keyboard-doesnt-work-after-upgrade-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Model #: H0E11EAHP Pavilion p7-1016ukm Desktop hi i have tried every thing i can think of but cant get beats audio to work after the windows 10 install and i cant find any driver or software updates for this pc model. can anybody help with a solution please

A:beats audio doesnt work on windows 10

Hi: See if this IDT HD driver works.  Install and restart the PC... This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp71717.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/beats-audio-doesnt-work-on-windows-10/td-p/5724775
Relevancy 57.62%

My autorun doesnt function when I insert a CD. I've checked the registry entries and they are all set to the correct values.
It was working fine recently and the only changes I have made to the computer were to install windows upgrades, upgrade Java and PhysX.
Has anyone got any ideas. Ive tried another forum but apart from checking the registry values I havent had any other ideas

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

1) After I refreshed my pc after getting a virus, I cannot use the +PrintScreen command anymore. When I press those two buttons, the screen doesn't dim for 2 seconds and goes back to normal, it stays normal and a png file doesn't appear in the Pictures\Screenshots

2) For future reference, which category would this thread be under. I was a little confused
Thanks a lot for your help

aar407

A:Help! 1) Windows+PrintScreen Doesnt Work 2) In text

Hello aar407,

Is this a desktop or notebook? For notebooks, you may need to press either the Windows+Ctrl+PrtScn or Windows+Fn+PrtScn keys instead.

Screenshot - Capture Screenshots Directly in Windows 8
However, refreshing Windows 8 may not get rid of a virus though. You might consider resetting, or preferably a clean install instead to help make sure it's gone.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/26629-help-1-windows-printscreen-doesnt-work-2-text.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently updated my Inspiron 14" 5459 to the Windows 10 anniversary update, i noticed that when my wifi access point changes or wifi signal drops or turning off wifi, my laptop semi-freezes, you could still scroll with the mouse or track pad and select open tabs but that's all, clicking other icons and even the windows start menu does not work, if you wait for more than 5 minutes, everything goes back to normal. Waiting around for about 5 minutes is annoying so what I do is press ctrl alt delete and from there restart the laptop. my wifi adapter is updated to the most recent version and also both graphics card (intel hd 520 and amd radeon m335) is also updated to the latest version.  Any suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

A:after Windows 10 anniversary update, Inspiron 5459 freezes if wifi is turned off or wifi access point is changed, is there a solution to this problem?

Please confirm the wireless card from the device manger or the network control panel. Also please update the BIOS firmware to the latest version. The BIOS update should ideally be version v1.2.2. Also please try system out with  a LAN cable as well to confirm if is indeed caused by the wireless. Though this may not run a complete diagnostics on the network you can run a hardware diagnostics on the computer using the following steps

Shutdown the computer
Hold the 'Fn' key and turn on the computer
Let go of the 'Fn' key after 2 seconds

This is will initiate the H/w diagnostics. Please let us know if it completes or if  you run into any errors. If  you do run into any errors. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988325
Relevancy 57.19%

heyi recently reinstalled the os from the restore partition. i cannot seem to update through windows update. the computer justs hangs with no progress. is there a patch or fix to correct this? its running win 7 home.  Any help is appreciated.Dave

A:windows 7 doesnt update

Hi, Dave: See if installing this July 2016 rollup gets windows update to work.  At least you will have the updates through July. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172605

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-7-doesnt-update/td-p/5818674
Relevancy 56.76%

hi guys

my problem is that when i try to go into "add and remove windows components" it comes up with an error like so

i need to have access cause i need to reinstall paint, plz healp

A:Add and remove windows compents button doesnt work ?

Need more info

XP
XPSP1 etc...

http://support.microsoft.com/search...id=global&catalog=LCID=1033&1033comm=1&res=20

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-and-remove-windows-compents-button-doesnt-work.835158/
Relevancy 56.76%

why does pacific gunner mess up my computer when i install it? once installed it works fine except for half of the icons on my desktop wont open!! unistalling the game doesnt fix the problem, I have to format the hard drive!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-doesnt-pacific-gunner-work-properly-with-windows-xp.254228/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi!

I have a major problem...
when i want to search for something i press Strg+F .. then the windows search opens ... after that i want to search for instance for all pdf-files i have on my computer... but when i press the search button.. nothing happens.. i dont know how to solve that problem..
...this really sucks!

Relevancy 56.76%

Have an HP computer G60. It came preloaded with windows 7. I dont like windows 7 or windows vista, so I decided to buy a retail windows XP disk,and install that on the machine. This was about a couple weeks ago.

Yesterday, I noticed the computer asking me to activate windows. I had activated it when I first loaded it onto the machine. There have been no hardware changes made to the machine. Why is it asking me for activation again? Whats even more funny is that the key that I put in the first time doesnt activate windows anymore.

Whats going on? How do I stop the thing from asking me for the activation key and giving the countdown of days?

A:Activated Windows is Asking for Activation Again and Original Key Doesnt Work

Just call Microsoft and explain what you did
It's quick and painless

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279522/activated-windows-is-asking-for-activation-again-and-original-key-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 56.76%

have others experienced the same thing server machine windows used as an application server windows firewall application exception 'inbound' rule added in this case server application was 'microsoft sql server named instance using port ' servers ip as an example client machine windows used as an application client windows firewall turned OFF no routers between these two machines its a peer to peer network first test at client machine telnet fails to connect portqry exe test to same ip and port number reports 'filtered' meaning the port in question is being blocked by some firewall second test at client machine turn OFF firewall on server machine telnet works just fine telnet session established portqry exe to same ip and port number reports 'listening' meaning the port is open and is able to listen for client connections evaluation of tests amp apparently when 7 doesnt firewall windows work) (application exception one creates windows 7 firewall (application exception doesnt work) an 'application' exception inbound rule windows 7 firewall (application exception doesnt work) using windows firewall on an application server machine DOESNT windows 7 firewall (application exception doesnt work) WORK AS IT SHOULD final test on server machine - application server windows firewall turned back ON this time i added a new rule that specifically opened port number not an application exception in-bound rule but instead a port exception in-bound rule on client machine - telnet works just fine telnet session established portqry exe to same ip and port number reports 'listening' meaning the port is open and is able to listen for client connections evaulation of test again what seems to be a confirmation that windows firewall on a windows server machine seems to not to work with application exception in-bound rules but does seem to work properly with port exception in-bound rules DO ANY EXPERTS HERE have additional insights here thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-firewall-application-exception-doesnt-work-471128.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have Windows Xp Pro on my computer.When i plug in the flash drive in to the usb port, its detects the new hardware and configures it and says your new hardware is ready to use, but unfortunately cant see the flash drive as a drive letter under My Computer.How can i resolve this issue.Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a laptop - toshiba satellite pro L450-EZ1541, When I try to put my laptop in to sleep mode using Windows 7, it doesn't resume. The only way I can get it to turn back on is by pressing the power button. and then press it again to turn on. the same thing occur when the laptop hibernate!! Any solution for this problem???