Windows Support Forum

DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address

Q: DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address

So we have a server at one of the places I work that is a domain controller and DNS server website domain server controller pointing DNS to of instead address as well as an smtp server The domain is named companyname com The website is you guessed it companyname com Now why they set this up like this I don t know but because they have every now DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address and then the DNS server decides to point companyname com to the domain controller and ignore the fact that I have a www Host A record pointing to the web server s external IP address and a record saying DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address that DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address companyname com should also point to the web server s address The problem seems to stem from that when the server reboots for updates it of course forces the DNS server records to update and it puts an entry in there that contradicts my static records with the domain controller s local address in for companyname com Can I force it NOT to put a certain entry in there or rather not update a certain entry that it has in there Or can I force it to treat my static records as primary I m fairly new to this as I ve not dealt with this issue before and I m out of ideas nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address

Hmm; for the External DNS accessible to the web

create a CNAME for www.company.name
create another for dns.company.name.
each pointing to unique IP addresses
this dns ONLY supports publicly available services; NOTHING internal

the Domain Controller should have a SEPARATE DNS, internal to the LAN, not accessible to the Web.
Internal users configured to -> internal DNS which performs recursive lookup to your ISP's DNS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-server-pointing-to-domain-controller-instead-of-website-address.187372/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi there,
As a result of some hard drive troubles I have just had to re-insall windows 2000 server main domain root on my main server.

The other servers which where also setup in the domain tree as domain contolers (I think) need Active directory removed and installed; I guess to make them work with the main server, but as it is not the original setup on the main controller, when I try to uninsall AD, i get a message that the server was not found on the main domain controller.

How do I get it uninsalled whn I havwe this problem please?
Do I have to compleatly re-insall those server too?!
Many thnaks for any advice

Relevancy 75.68%

My server is a domain controller thus i cannot add users with admin rights and so i cannot use lusrmgr.msc to add or change... i've added the user i want =active directory>users> and added the user and set it to admin..but when loged onto does not have the admin rights... learned that this was becuiase it was a domain controller

A:Add users to domain controller server

Correct, the DC admin has the keys to the kingdom and can create a user-id with/without admin privs.

Unless the admin is your very best friend, I would expect exactly what you are reporting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/add-users-to-domain-controller-server.177336/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello

I have a problem and it is that I must log on vpn server before I log on the domain

in windows xp I can tick the "Log on using dial-up connection"
http://www.nsnetwork.dk/billed1

how do I do this in windows vista / 7

kind regards

dcedata

i am not that good in english :-( so please be

A:windows 7 logon a domain controller through a vpn server

Hello,
in internet explorer>tools (top right corner)>internet options>connections tab>add vpn

hope this helps, good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-logon-a-domain-controller-through-a-vpn-server-552461.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, I have not found any similar issues, so I'm writing here. We are experiencing issue when ATA lightweight gateway is installed on domain controller with NPS role, RADIUS functionality stops working, but ATA gateway works well. When lightweight gateway
is uninstalled, RADIUS functionality starts working well as expected. So I have two questions, where to start troubleshooting and is it possible (HOW?) to contact MS support directly with ATA questions? Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/665ee17c-881f-45e3-a09b-157bbaeee808/nps-radius-server-on-domain-controller-issue?forum=mata
Relevancy 73.96%

This is confusing I've set up numerous computers on our domain before so I'm pretty well acquainted with the procedure So we upgraded a computer in our domain from XP to so and with Server Domain Win8 controller issue 2003... my manager could see if our software would work in That much I got done just fine put simply it does The problem I'm having is that when I try to attach the computer to the domain two things go wrong first of all the network drives don't map Not a big deal I heard this was an issue with Windows and logon scripts I'd like to try to implement a Group Policy-based drive mapping system but Windows Server seems to be missing that capability though supposedly that can be added back The other more troubling issue is that when I restart the PC it seems to Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003... lose any connection it had to the Active Directory Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003... Domain Controller The first Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003... time you hook it onto the domain it's just fine you can freely go in and out of the servers without providing new credentials but if you restart it loses that After a restart I can't log in except with credentials the PC already knows and trying to access the file shares on the servers prompts me for a password entry I can rehook it into the domain by redoing the whole process from the start but then restarting it after that will just blank out the AD DC credentials again Mapping the drives would be impossible if I can't maintain a connection to the Active Directory I pinged back the Windows PC from the server side which I logged into using Remote Desktop from the Windows machine so there's clearly communication happening Is Windows being rejected by the Active Directory for some reason I looked on the AD list of PCs and when I select the Windows computer it doesn't bring up an operating system version so it sounds like something is missing Anyway some clarity here might be nice EDIT Let me add an addendum when we attach the computer to the domain it gives us this error --------------------------- Computer Name Domain Changes --------------------------- Changing the Primary Domain DNS name of this computer to quot quot failed The name will remain quot Our Domain quot The error was Something about not finding the domain controller --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I kind of ignored this at first but I suppose it's worth reporting

A:Domain controller issue with Win8 and Server 2003...

I can't say for certain why it's forgetting the credentials and requires you to sign in each time, although that may be controlled by the Admin through the GPE.

As for the DNS problem, your problem may be different but I've seen similar complaints and apparently it helps to manually add the Domain's DNS servers to the IPv4 properties of the network adaptor you are trying to connect with.

Other connection problems with Server 03 can be solved by clicking on the link. This may help with the drive mapping problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-s...2k-server.html

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/18227-domain-controller-issue-win8-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

This is domain lost Solved: controller its Server W2K3 a lab environment The DC was a VM I thoughtlessly deleted the VM of the DC No problem - I have a copy of it But the copy was from before this server joined the domain So I tried joining the domain but local admin can t do that I Solved: W2K3 Server lost its domain controller tried changing the server back to a workgroup but it popped up a domain login window and asked me to authenticate as a user with privileges to leave the domain I also tried Solved: W2K3 Server lost its domain controller adding the server to the DC on the Solved: W2K3 Server lost its domain controller DC but that is not sufficient netdiag results Trust relationship test Failed Test to ensure DomainSid of domain DOMAIN is correct FATAL Secure channel to domain DOMAIN is broken ERROR ACCESS DENIED LDAP test Failed bunch of stuff deleted Registered Service Principal Names WARNING The default SPN registration for HOST SERVER domain is missing on DC dc domain WARNING The default SPN registration for HOST SERVER is missing on DC dc domain FATAL The default SPNs are not properly registered on any DCs Everything else in the netdiag test seemed to work OK DNS is working Just can t rejoin the domain nbsp

A:Solved: W2K3 Server lost its domain controller

OK I figured it out. I had to go through three changes/reboots to get it fixed.

First - Change the name to some arbitrary other name without trying to leave the domain. Use domain Admin credentials, for some reason this would work while trying to make it a workgroup computer or trying to rejoin the domain directly would not work.

Second - after the name change and reboot, make it a workgroup computer. Again, use domain admin credentials, now that the name has changed that works too. Reboot.

Third - change the name back to the real name and join the domain, again use the domain admin credentials. Reboot.

Beat my head over this for a long time, it never occured to me that just changing the name would be enough to get out of the trap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-w2k3-server-lost-its-domain-controller.780399/
Relevancy 73.96%

This must be kind of common as 2003 Controller Install on Error Server DNS Domain I see a lot on this issue but unfortunately not much on a fix Anyways I m on a path to MCSA so I need to do labs on Server from time to time I use virtual PC to make virtual machines of XP Clients and an Enterprise Server Anyways DNS Error on Server 2003 Domain Controller Install I can t attach clients to the domain it gives a message that the server can t perform the requested operation for whatever reason When setting up the domain controller I get this Diagnostic Failed The registration diagnostic has been run times Warning Domain Controller functions like joining a domain logging onto a domain and Active Directory replication will not be available until the DNS infrastructure for Active Directory is correctly configured The DNS zone authoritative for the domain Nirom local cannot be updated because it is the DNS root zone Domain controllers will not send dynamic updates to the DNS root zone If you want to use this domain name select Install and configure the DNS server on this computer below and create a delegation for the new DNS zone Nirom local from the root zone to this DNS server For more information including steps to correct this problem see Help Details The primary DNS server tested was a root-servers net The zone was root Domain controllers will not send dynamic updates to the DNS root zone Click to expand Okay well since I haven t studied the DNS part that much yet how do I do that And can I fake an internal IP like instead I don t know why but I can RDP into the systems to and fro but I can t ping them or hook up to the virtual server s domain Any ideas This is one an old Dell with gigs of Ram Cable Modem into a Netgear Router that gives out IP range of stuff I override the TCP IP setting on the cards though and choose my own just specifying as the gateway Any help is much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

We were  configuring  active directory domain service(AD DS) from server manager for an ?active directory federation services? certificate requirement which is used while configuring  ?certification authority ?  under
setup type-> Enterprise CAs
While configuring ADDS , under Deployment configuration, we have selected ?Add a new forest?(as there was some issue while selecting add a domain controller to existing domain) and provided a new root domain as ?aaa.org?after
next step we have provided the ?Directory Service Restore Mode? password
How can we revert server to old state ? The server earlier was SharePoint server.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/be58bacd-97c0-4450-8494-1f4f92a0afde/revert-windows-server-7domain-controller-back-to-previous-forest?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello all I have purchased a domain name through a registrar enom central I currently have a hyper v lab set up at home with a domain controller dns server and am thinking of starting a web server on either Apache or IIS on a different virtual machine I want to point my domain name to my home web server My question is this What do I do I have to do at my domain name registrar I m assuming I have to point a name to address web private Domain behind pointed on server IP home Solved: registrar type of dns record to Solved: Domain name registrar pointed to home web server on private IP address behind my home server s public IP Solved: Domain name registrar pointed to home web server on private IP address behind and maybe vice versa I have a static IP at home Do I have to create some DNS records pointing from my domain name registrar to my server at home using my PUBLIC ip address If possible please provide specifics on which records I should point to my home server PUBLIC ip address and if any DNS changes need to be made within my domain Also if any records on my home domain windows ad domain setup I seem to be able to find a lot of info on Apache and IIS but not a whole lot of info on how your web domain name registrar relates to your own web server I m not really interested on IIS or Apache specifics but more interested in the fundamentals of how a domain name registrar GoDaddy or any other registrar host needs to be pointed to your web server and vice versa I know a lot of people on forums tend to point to links or tell me to go to google but I find it hard to learn that way If anyone has the time to give me some insight that is much appreciated Sorry if this seems kind of specifc its just im really eager to learn and any help would be great Thank you so much in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Domain name registrar pointed to home web server on private IP address behind

Create or edit the www host (A) record at your DNS registrar and point it to your public IP address. Its that simple. Then when people connect to www.yourdoamin.com it resovles you public IP therefore sends them to your home network. Don't forget to port forward port 80 on your router to your internal web server private IP address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-domain-name-registrar-pointed-to-home-web-server-on-private-ip-address-behind.1000780/
Relevancy 66.22%

hello

i have a printer shared on a windows xp professional machine.... when i try to connect to it i get this message : server clock is not synchronized with the primary domain controller clock

i have googled and the results indicated that i should check the clocks to ensure they are all synchronized on all three computers involved: the computer the share is on, the computer attempting to connect to it and the domain controller.

however the problem remains.. can anyone assist?

A:server clock is not synchronized with the primary domain controller clock

Check dates too?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/server-clock-is-not-synchronized-with-the-primary-domain-controller-clock-434875.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I downloaded a demo of WormsArmaggedon from team 17 website and it worked for about 2 minutes then everything went black.I exited but when i tried to get back in the shortcut points me to a website thats not even there.I uninstalled and reinstalled everything but the same thing happens?Any idea whats that about?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shortcut-pointing-to-a-website.117291/
Relevancy 64.5%

dear all

i have a problem in adding addtional domain controller in my forest domain.

when i try to add additional; domain controller after working few miniutes it gives meessage THE ACTIVE DIRECTORY WIZARD IS UNABLE TO CONVERT THE COMPUTER TO DOMAIN CONTROLLER ACESSES DENIED

ENTER THE USER NAME AND PASSWORD OF AN ACCOUNT WITH SUFFFICIENT PREVILAGE TO CREATE AN ADDITIONA DOMAIN CONTROLLER .

But the user name has full permission he is administrator

please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-in-adding-child-domain-controller-in-forest-domain.412605/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
I currently host a few servers for friends etc but having a Dynamic IP is a big pain. I know that there used to be a service (DYDNS) i believe that let you point a web address to a dynamic ip by running a little app on your PC. Only trouble is its now a premium service.

Are there any free services like this around or relatively cheap ones? Or even any other ways of doing it?

Many thanks,

Spud

A:Pointing a web address to a dynamic changing IP?

You can try no-ip.com. Never used their service so I can't say how good they are. It's a shame that Dyn (DynDNS) is no longer offering their free service. I didn't even know till you posted this as my account is still fine and working with them. Digging deeper, they grandfathered 4 million accounts and I guess I was one of those accounts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pointing-a-web-address-to-a-dynamic-changing-ip.1061272/
Relevancy 64.07%

I've been trying to join a new Windows 7 Professional machine to a domain controller running Windows 2003 Server with no luck.  We currently have 4 Windows XP machines running on that domain without any issues, but when I try to add the Windows 7 computer,
here is what happens:

A computer account on the domain could not be found (confirmed it is already there)
I put in the computer name and domain again, and Administrator credentialsNow it tells me: "An attempt to resolve the DNS name of a DC in the domain being joined has failed."
I currently have DNS on the Windows 7 PC set to the Domain Controller and have IPv6 unchecked under Network Properties.  I can even ping the domain name (resolves to IP of the domain controller).  It looks like it can, indeed, find the domain from
the message in step 1, so am I missing something here?
Thanks in advance for any help!

A:Cannot join Windows 7 to domain even after setting DNS to domain controller IP

Hi,
You need flush your DNS cache in client side first.
Then, let?s create the following registry value for a try:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManWorkstation\Parameters

- Created a DWORD DomainCompatibilityMode = 1
 - Created a DWORD DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0
Reboot the machine and check the result again.Alex Zhao
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/68a3f2d0-8811-4748-9470-568149193b0a/cannot-join-windows-7-to-domain-even-after-setting-dns-to-domain-controller-ip?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone So on my work laptop yesterday i got disconnected from the network and upon trying to reconnect i had internet access but no network access ran through some diag was able to ping my other work domain domain contacted active An the could not be for directory controller station ip dns and dg where all fine checked for dns records issue none found so i removed it from the domain and tried re-adding it and this is where the problem is no matter what i do i cannot add this laptop on the domain i get full internet access on the network but no network access i know the Dns server is functioning perfectly and cant be the issue i have also flushed dns rebuilt tcp Ip stack and removed all lan and wlan profiles i am also getting a certificate error when An active directory domain controller for the domain could not be contacted trying to access the network on wlan Using my local admin here are some print screens of first the issue when trying to add the laptop back to the domain then Ping results to my DNS server after removing the machine from the domain it now no longer picking up the correct DNS server Would assigning a new DNS record resolve the issue he following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location SRV resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller AD DC for domain quot bareesc bareescentuals com quot The error was quot DNS name does not exist quot error code x B RCODE NAME ERROR The query was for the SRV record for ldap tcp dc msdcs bareesc bareescentuals com Common causes of this error include the following - The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bareesc bareescentuals com Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -LM Physical Address -F - - - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ba c f e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- F- - - -F - - - A- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ping to correct DNS servers C Users beops gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL C Users beops gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Its driving me crazy i ask about the DNS record fix as i dont have the current access to do it test it myself thanks

A:An active directory domain controller for the domain could not be contacted

Funny enough, we've found a handful of users on our network today unable to access local resources for the same reason!

Your DNS settings are being hijacked. They should point at your DC, but instead are pointed at a malicious DNS server hosted somewhere in Israel. Give your computer a good bath before letting play with the other children again.

We're currently in the process of mediation around here, too.

Hope that helps!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/an-active-directory-domain-controller-for-the-domain-could-not-be-contacted-1036417.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

We have a server set up with serval computers t. I formated a pc that was on the domain and now trying to attach it back to domain and i get the message.

Domain Contriller could not be contacted
I putted all the settings same as the other pc's..

i'm also getting the message " ip adress already in use. but i'm using the same ip as the pc had before i formated the pc. is this the reason that i get the message , Domain Contriller could not be contacted

i also can ping from the pc. to the server

Any Ideas?

thanks for the help

A:Problem:A domain controller for the domain could not by contacted

sorry i mean i also get the message " a duplicate name exist on the network"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-a-domain-controller-for-the-domain-could-not-by-contacted.763597/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have an employee that gets this upon every boot on his assigned laptop. I have utterly no idea what it means or how to correct it. Help needed please.

A:Error: Domain controller could not be found for the specified domain.

Check the machine account. You might also delete it and recreate it. This may require a domain admin to rejoin the machine to the domain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-domain-controller-could-not-be-found-for-the-specified-domain.784662/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello everyone I really hope that you can help me You are my last hope I domain the cannot windows either controller connect is the because to down... domain, maintain about domain computers Recently when users try to log in on most of them the following error appears frequently quot Windows windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller is down... cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable or because your computer account was not found Please try again later if the message continues to appear contact your system administrator for assistance quot I have seen that this error appears only in the computers with Windows XP and not in the computers with Windows Vista or We have domain controllers Please let me tell you about the ways I tried to resolve this problem and their results - on some computers after several restarts the users are able to log in but if they restart or shutdown after that the error appears again this worked for some computers but I do not know if the error will appear again in the future - on some computers when i disabled the windows firewall or allowed all kind of ICMPs it was resolved but this did not work for all the computers and I do not know if the error will appear again in the future - I unjoined and then rejoined some computers from the domain and it was resolved but after restarting the error appears again - If I unplug the network cable the users can log in but after restart the error appears again - I have tried to reset the user password and computer on the Active Directory for some users and they were able to log in but after restart the error appeared again for some other users it did not work at all I have also restarted the domain controllers without success Also some strange things are happening to some users Their active desktop and documents are not stored locally but in a Fileserver that they access immediately upon log in and it looks like they are locally but some of them are losing ownership on their folders and are not able to access their documents I had to log in in the fileserver set the ownership and then the security rights for all the files and folders in order for the user to access his files again So as you see there is a mess here going on What can I do to resolve this errors and ownership problems What is wrong with the domain Please help me Thanks Flori nbsp

A:windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller is down...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-connect-to-the-domain-either-because-the-domain-controller-is-down.1029934/
Relevancy 60.63%

Ok tricky one...

I am transfering a web site from one domain to another. The current site is in its onw folder etc..

So I want to upload the folder to my new domain..Thats no problem.. But the new domain I have I want the index.php to be in the root dir..

so its like this www.test.com It will then go to my site...But I want the site still left in the folder...I know if I place the entir site in to the root it will work but there are far to many PHP files to be in the root thats why I have them in one folder...

Is there a way I can point my www.test.com to the index.php that is contained in the folder with out having it all in root..

I hope you understand what I mean...

Relevancy 60.63%

When I logon to our network I get "Domain controller for this domain could not be found:. The event viewer records event ID 5719 in the system log:
No Windows NT Domain Controller is available for domain PGMS_LAW. (This event is expected and can be ignored when booting with the 'No Net' Hardware Profile.) The following error occurred:
The RPC server is unavailable.
According to MS support the way to resolve this is to disable LMHOSTS lookup box. This was not enable on any machines and now I'm stuck. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Domain controller for this domain could not be found

Simplest thing to try is remove it from the domain (make sure you have a local account with admin rights FIRST). Then re-add it to the domain.
Can you see/use network resources otherwise? Are the lights on on the NIC? Have you tried a different cable/network port?
Maybe remove/re-add the NIC. Check all the properties, correct IP/subnet/gateway/etc.......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-controller-for-this-domain-could-not-be-found.50282/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all - I have a problem with my domain.

I have 1 domain "europe1" with the PDC in the UK.
I have 2 bdc's for europe1 in the a location in france.

europe1 is the accounts domain and is trusted by lots of resource domains.

The problem is this : Open user manager for domains on either one of the BDC's, it tries to retrive the list of users but gives the error "cannot find a domain controller for this domain".
If I try to retrieve a list of users from any one of the trusting domains it works no problem.

As a test we built a new bdc and it worked with no problems.

Any idea's what is wrong with our original BDC's ??

Thanks in advance

A:Cannot find domain controller for this domain

Have you done the standard what I term Microsoft solutions.

Reapply service pack the BDC's
Apply the latest Network card driver and reapply the service pack.

Only other thing I can think to check is can the BDC's resolve the PDC computer name.

Hope this is some what helpful.

Scott

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-domain-controller-for-this-domain.51332/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm a computer rookie Original Website Sends Address Me Website Wrong To problem was typing in a website would send me to the wrong website Found this happens with clicking on links too Always the same wrong website Followed the prep guide to follow prior to posting HJT log The steps didn't solve the prob but found unable to fix clogger c downloader small BAR and banker VB AG was able to fix DNSchanger hg In looking at those problems they date back to June The prob with the wrong website has only been around the last month Hope you can help Much appreciated BN Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeC Website Address Sends Me To Wrong Website WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files IE Privacy Keeper IEPrivacyKeeper exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Hijack this HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ntlworld com broadbandR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar msnhomeR - Website Address Sends Me To Wrong Website HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p ER amp ar homeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimizedO - HKCU Run IE Privacy Keeper quot C Program Files IE Privacy Keeper IEPrivacyKeeper exe quot -startupO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk C Prog... Read more

A:Website Address Sends Me To Wrong Website

Welcome to BleepingComputer BN40Please disable Spybot S&D?s Resident[TeaTimer] protection,or it will interfere.When everything is done and your log is clean,you can re-enable it.If TeaTimer gives you a warning afterwards that some changes were made,allow the changes,don't block it.How to disable TeaTimer during HijackThis Cleanup:http://russelltexas.com/malware/teatimer.htmThen download ResetTeaTimer.bat:http://downloads.subratam.org/ResetTeaTimer.batDouble click ResetTeaTimer.bat to remove all entries set by TeaTimer.********************************Download and run Fixwareout from the link below: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/lonny/Fixwareout.exeAfter the reboot post the contents of the logfile C:\fixwareout\report.txt in your next reply,along with a new Hijackthis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84348/website-address-sends-me-to-wrong-website/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok here is my situation, I have 2 pc's running Win 2000 and a third running 2000 server, how do I get the 2 machines to join into the domain.....I installed AD and now have a domain called "something.local." does this make sense to anyone? also I am behind a linky router and have given my 2 pc's a static ip of "192.168.x.x" do I have to run a DHCP server on the 2000 server machine? I am completly lost and could use some help....I know Active Directory is not for the timid, maybe I bit off more than I can chew!!!

A:Domain Controller

In control panel, open system, under identification, change it, and add the domain name, apply, and you'll get a message as to whether it was sucessful or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-controller.132979/
Relevancy 55.47%

Having trouble accessing Active Directory users/computers it times out and says it cannot connect to the domain controller and when I boot up takes forever and on the internet it takes minutes to switch screens.

Using XP Pro and Windows Server 2003. This is happenning on the admin PC. Thanks

A:Domain Controller

Hello & welcome to TSF,

you need to do this to both systems

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to slipstream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create
this also applies for (SP3)

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /purgecache) then enter / your pc will work like crazy / this helps in rebuiding the cache file (notice the space between (sfc & /)
#5 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & / )

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot

---------------
also
---------------

now this is the process

a (sfc) is a windows scanner that is directed at the core system files & dll's

it scans only these files & dll's to see if they have been corrupted or replaced by (maleware/spyware/trojans/ viruses/ ect..that are designed to mask themselves as part of the operating system and cause havic or send information/data to it maker /originator

now i do know that during this process that these 2 patches/hotfix's will be knocked out

KB902400 & KB914440

to wich can be easily reinstalled by downloading them from the download center at microsoft / since microsoft is always creating patches & fix's for the software to solve issues they placemant & page that they are on will change / when downloading them you can save them for fucture use and reinstalling / just make a file and put them into it / one will ask to have the system rebooted ( yes ) the other simply is installed

i use (Belarc Advisor)to wich will show you all your installed patchs & fix's and if they are intack & will give you a direct link to microsft to either give you info on the patch/fix or a link to reinstall the patch/fix

you can download it here

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Belarc_Advisor_d1385.html

now with the removal of infections i find it to be best to do a (sfc) for from the process of removal some files/ dlls can be damage and need to be replaced

now also when you remove infections it can also cause added programs to act weirdly or to stop fuctioning all together to wich they may need to be repaired or reinstalled

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/domain-controller-324476.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'll be adding a new Domain Controller to our network this evening. It's not currently connected to anything right now, so I need to know if I actually have to join the machine to the domain, or can I just plug it in and bring it up as a new DC on the domain? In other words, do I have to go through the process of going in to Active Directory on the existing DC and actually adding a new computer to the domain and then bring it up as a DC, or does it automatically join when I make it a DC on the network?

Steph
IT Intern

Relevancy 55.47%

We have over 110 laptop users all logging on using cached domain login information.

Recently I've had a couple ring up saying that they can't log on to their laptops remotely as they get a message saying the domain controller is not available so all I've been able to do is get them to drive all the way on to our Head Office so i can reconnect their computer on to the domain and then get them to log on and then off the domain to create a cache of their logon details.

Any ideas the previous cached information has not allowed them to log on?

I'm guessing it has become corrupt but not sure how.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/domain-controller-not-available-571258.html
Relevancy 55.47%

how many domain controller can be added in windows server 2003

A:domain controller

You will need at least one per domain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-controller.562768/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a child domain server03 [branchoffice.welber.com], that is part of a parent domain server02 [welber.com], right now the main DNS server is on the parent domain server02 and server03 uses this as it's DNS server.

How can I setup a Enterpise wide compatible DNS server on server03 so that if the link is cut between server03 and server02, all local users will continue to be able to authenitcate properly with server03, that this will not interfere with operations when server02 and server03 are connected.

I guess I would list the first DNS server on server03 as server02 leaving as it is, then set the 2nd dns server to server03 once it's setup correctly.

Thanks for your help.

A:Configuring DNS server for a child domain server

I think you're getting DNS and Active Directory confused.

Are you looking for authentication, AND name resolution - or simply authentication?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-dns-server-for-a-child-domain-server.408279/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everybody,
On some of my computers, when I tried to log in, I get the error say that it cannot find the domain controller, so I must log in locally. But the others log in OK. And when I log in locally (on the computers that has the error), I can ping the domain controller, that's mean I don't have any connection problems, but why it cannot find the domain controller? Have anybody had a problem similar to me? Do you have any quick solution for this?

Thanks in advance

A:Cannot find domain controller

Did you add the WINS address under Advanced TCP/IP settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-domain-controller.403364/
Relevancy 54.61%

Exactly what do we mean when we hear/use the term "Domain Controller"? What sort of services run Exactly what do we mean when we hear/use the term "Domain Controller"? What sort of services run on the server that is designated as the Domain Controller? Is this the server on which DHCP and DNS and maybe some other services also run? What are the minimum specs for a Domain Controller server for say 30 - 50 users and would the standard version of Windows 2003 be sufficient for this?

Can we have more than 1 servers in an organization but only 1 of those designated as the domain controller? And last question: Can we have MS-Exchange running on the domain controller?

I know I have asked many questions in 1 post but will be grateful for a reply.

Thanks.

A:Trying to understand a Domain Controller

Let me google that for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Server+Domain+Controller

Google is your friend

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-understand-a-domain-controller.138926/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everyone I m in a predicament Our small company uses a domain controller which every user logs into for access to the network and their local profiles The profiles are NOT coming stored on the server side however they are simply local but users are given rights to certain file server areas The machine used as the DC is VERY old and we re not confident it will stay running much longer What s the best way to migrate users to a new server We have Migrating to Domain Controller Another one from a new machine with a proper Windows server installed We set up another domain OfficeNet I was under the impression we simply needed to quot promote quot the new server to become the new Domain Controller - however we re not sure how to do this and do we need to quot copy quot the old user login information from the old server to the new If that s even required Any help or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks Katt All users are XP PRO SP with a few MACs and both servers are Win nbsp

A:Migrating from one Domain Controller to Another

Actually it would have been easier if you kept the new server on the same domain -

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-server-2003-2008/823462-domain-controller-advice-needed.html

If you have the ability to do it you may want to just do that. I have some links in this thread that wshow you how to have 2 DCs in one domain and to promote the new one.

When you have 2 different domains it becomes a bit more convoluted and you have to do some trusting and domain migrations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrating-from-one-domain-controller-to-another.825795/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am new here and I hope someone will be able to advise me regarding the problem I am having I am responsible of a small office network that is based on one domain controller which also works as the DNS Yesterday I was planning to join a new PC to our domain name and usually when I do this I change the administrator s password temporarily to use it on the new PC and then change it back to the original one it is a secuitry phobia issue After successful join to the domain I changed the AD administrator password back to the original one and tested it immediately and it worked just fine I locked the server and few hours later I wanted to make a change in the AD and I was very surprised that the administrator password is not on Problem Domain my Controller working anymore Please note that other users passwords haven Problem on my Domain Controller t change My questions here are - Are there any type of hacking tools that can be run from a local network pc which have local administrative privilages that can hack the domain controller this way and change the administrator s password or harm the domain controller - Could this be a problem bug from the windows OS itself - Is there any legitimate way to reset the password in this case - Is the built in windows firewall reliable and what do you recommened for software secuitry This happened once before about a year ago and the network was smaller so I finally decided to resintall wndows and start from scratch But this time I just want to reset the password and study the security issues It is very unlikely that I mistyped the password three times twice when resetting and another time when testing it I will really appreciate any suggestion recommendation in this regard Regards to all nbsp

A:Problem on my Domain Controller

One aspect of maintaining servers is to create additonal administrator accounts so you can use them to edit/change the default administator account if its profile becomes corrupt or you have issues with passwords.

Q1 not that I am aware of
Q2 doubtful
Q3 use another admin account
Q4 software firewalls are OK but you get better protection from a hardware router/firewall. Not sure what you mean by software security. That is what share and ntfs permissions are about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-on-my-domain-controller.698895/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey, I have been trying to get my Gpmc.msc to work latley. After installing SP1 and all sorts of other stuff I get told i need to be a Domain Controller. So, I try to install my domain services then i get this,

Can sombody please tell me how to install this thing. I dont have a network of linked computers but i need to install this anyway. Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Need to make myself Domain Controller

Why in the world would you need to enable AD services?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/167516-need-make-myself-domain-controller.html
Relevancy 54.61%

At one time we had an mixed environment.

After the NT box was removed we had 2 Windows 2000 servers (PDC, BDC).

About 5 months ago we replaced our PDC with a 2003 server and no longer operate in a PDC/BDC environment.

Well now it looks like we'll be replacing the old Windows 2000 server with a Windows 2003 server.

The new server with have the same name and IP address as the old 2000 server.

My question I guess is do I need to demote the existing DC and then take it off the network, put my 2003 server on the network and do a dcpromo?

Relevancy 54.61%

An old client called me and he's still running a system I set up for him over a decade ago running an NT server. For some reason his network went down. When I looked it said "domain controller not found. What happened? I noticed that his HD only had around 600MB left. Could that be it? No room to load and swap out etc.?

Also event viewer says there is a bad block on the HD. maybe that?

Thanks,

Bernie

A:NTt domain controller not found (yup!)

Did you check to see that WINS is running and the workstations are set up to connect to it? Have you checked to see that the workstations can do name lookups?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ntt-domain-controller-not-found-yup.1102188/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all,
I'm having an issue getting a domain controller seeing the internet modem/router box.
The network is laid out as such: internet > modem/router > domain controller > rest of network.
If I connect a computer directly to the modem/router, it works fine. When I connect the DC to it, it doesn't seem to see it.
The default gateway matches so I can't figure out what's going on.

heres the IP details for the machine that's connected directly and working:
IP: 192.168.1.64
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.254

and for the domain controller:
IP: 192.168.1.35
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway:192.168.1.254

Any help would really be appreciated.

Cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-controller-not-seeing-router.976277/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone,

This error message is driving me crazy... Please help?

Userenv - " Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your
computer network. (An unexpected network error occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted. "

I have tried everything I can think of, and I'm going out of my mind...
Thanks!
--Scott

A:Domain Controller error

Is this error coming from the Event Viewer of your DC?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/domain-controller-error-405893.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi All When i setup group policies on the active directory domain controller i get an error message saying quot Access denied quot and in the event log it says quot The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted quot when i run dcdiag all tests pass with the following exceptions Starting test frssysvol There are errors after the SYSVOL has been shared The SYSVOL can prevent the AD from starting VMRDII passed test frssysvol and Starting test FsmoCheck Warning DcGetDcName PDC Problem... Domain Controller HELP! REQUIRED call failed error A Primary Domain Controller could not be located The server holding the PDC role is down D vmrd com failed test FsmoCheck But ntdsutil says vmrdii is the PDC and it is not down because dcdiag was run on that very machine netdiag passes all test with the following exception DC list test Failed Failed to enumerate DCs by using the browser ERROR CONNECTION ACTIVE ntdsutil can connect to either domain controller succesfully So can Active Directory Users and Computers Domains and Trusts etc Just Global Policy and Domain Controller Security Policy fail Also attempting to demote the secondary domain controller to Domain Controller Problem... HELP! a member server throws a similar error along the lines that the primary domain controller cannot be found The question is how i can diagnose the problem Thanks for your help Wei nbsp

A:Domain Controller Problem... HELP!

Just a guess as I have only one DC in my Active Directory domain, but can you uninstall Active Directory and then re-install it? Perhaps while it is uninstalled, you could use something like NT4's server manager to synchronize the domain, then reinstall Active Directory. My guess is that some piece of AD did not install correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-controller-problem-help.91174/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have recently set up a domain controller for a new site and one issue we are having is being able to RDP into the machine. This is on Windows Server 2012 R2. After using the IP to RDP into the machine, I can input my credentials, it then shows the certificate warning, then says connected to session and waits a couple seconds and then just closes. No error, no blank screen, just closes. I checked the Event logger on the server and it showed:
An error occurred when transitioning from CsrConnected in response to EvCsrInitialized. (ErrorCode 0x80070102)
I do want to say that the main Domain Controller does have Windows Server 2012 Standard and NOT R2 and anyone and everyone can RDP into that no problem.

Also the logs on the Client machine trying to RDP into the DC comes up with this error:
Remote Desktop Service start failed. The relevant status code was 0x800706b5.

Anyone have any ideas?

A:RDP issues into a new Domain Controller

I'd start at the beginning. Have you verified that the services are running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rdp-issues-into-a-new-domain-controller.1154581/
Relevancy 54.61%

I need to run the script below but the problem I have is that the command needs to run while you are logged onto the desktop of the domain controller but I am are not granted run in log to without domain to controller to having vbscript the that access Any suggestions would be wonderful thanks This script will add assigned groups to NT clients local groups List any modifications and initialize script type vbscript Option Explicit number for sGroupArray entry below under quot Initialize Group Array quot Dim oNet Dim oGroup Dim sComputerName Dim sGroup Dim sGroupName Dim strDomainGroup Dim RetVal strDomainGroup quot WinNT NENA Domain Admins quot Create Network Object to get computer name For i To computer names Set oNet CreateObject quot Wscript Network quot Set sComputerName oNet ComputerName sGroup quot WinNT SWSA Admin-GS-NBCPCADM quot amp i sGroup quot WinNT SWSA Admin-LS-NBCPCADM quot amp i sGroup quot WinNT SWSA Software-Install quot amp i vbscript to run without having to log in to the domain controller Next Get group object for the above computer Set oGroup GetObject quot WinNT quot amp sComputerName amp quot administrators group quot Add all the groups from the array into the clients administrators group For Each vbscript to run without having to log in to the domain controller sGroupName In sGroupArray RetVal oGroup IsMember quot quot amp sGroupName amp quot quot If Not RetVal Then oGroup Add quot quot amp sGroupName amp quot quot RetVal oGroup IsMember quot quot amp strDomainGroup amp quot quot If RetVal Then oGroup Remove quot quot amp strDomainGroup amp quot quot Next Set oGroup Nothing strDomainGroup quot WinNT NBCNEWS NBC-TV Marketing quot strDomainGroup quot WinNT NBCNEWS NBC-TV Research quot strDomainGroup quot WinNT NBCNEWS Traffic quot strDomainGroup quot WinNT NBCNEWS Sales quot Redefine sGroupArray Variable Dim strGroupArray Initialize the group array strGroupArray quot WinNT SWSA NBC-TV Marketing quot strGroupArray quot WinNT SWSA NBC-TV Research quot strGroupArray quot WinNT SWSA Traffic quot strGroupArray quot WinNT SWSA Sales quot strGroupArray quot WinNT SWSA File-LS-NBCNEWS-Sales quot Add Sales Mrkt Traffic Research Groups to Power Users Set oGroup GetObject quot WinNT quot amp sComputerName amp quot Power Users group quot Remove the abo RetVal oGroup IsMember quot quot amp strDomainGroupM amp quot quot If RetVal Then oGroup Remove quot quot amp strDomainGroupM amp quot quot RetVal oGroup IsMember quot quot amp strDomainGroupR amp quot quot If RetVal Then oGroup Remove quot quot amp strDomainGroupR amp quot quot RetVal oGroup IsMember quot quot amp strDomainGroupT amp quot quot If RetVal Then oGroup Remove quot quot amp strDomainGroupT amp quot quot RetVal oGroup IsMember quot quot amp strDomainGroupS amp quot quot If RetVal Then oGroup Remove quot quot amp strDomainGroupS amp quot quot Add all the groups from the array into the clients Power Users group For Each sGroupName In strGroupArray RetVal oGroup IsMember quot quot amp sGroupName amp quot quot If Not RetVal Then oGroup Add quot quot amp sGroupName amp quot quot Next Release the Group and Network object from memory Set oNet Nothing Set oGroup Nothing End script Wscript quit nbsp

A:vbscript to run without having to log in to the domain controller

Finally, I have it figured out how to do it...I reset the AD password since it is Windows 2000.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vbscript-to-run-without-having-to-log-in-to-the-domain-controller.454777/
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm trying to get rid of an old w2k server that is the DC and DNS server. I added DC and DNS to an existing w2k3 server and it looks like it replicated all the AD data ( I see users and machines listed ) but when I unplug the old server and login to the network at a workstation I don't get access to the internet trying to use the new server as the DNS server or to local network stuff. I think I may have both a DC and DNS server configuration problems.

Thanks in advance

14Mike

A:New Domain Controller problem

Are you using the new DC as the DHCP server? If so you will need to do an ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew from the workstations so they get the new DNS information otherwise the workstations will be using the old DNS server for their lookups.

And did you demote the old server? You can't just unplug a DC from a network, AD has to know it is gone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-domain-controller-problem.817413/
Relevancy 54.61%

When I plugged in my domain controller into the electric supply, it made a high pitched squeaky noise, and the power light lights, but then everything (eg/ fans) turns off - and the power led stays on.

Is my psu dead or something else?

Jonee

A:Domain Controller's Died =o(

Have you tried testing the power supply on the pc? If you have a spare psu I would say swap it out, if they are the same type like atx or at form factors?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-controllers-died-o.369270/
Relevancy 54.61%

This is kind of complicated I have a client who runs a Windows terminal services network Their network was hacked and used as a spam relay and all the passwords were changed so they can hacked controller Domain t access their network Domain controller hacked I managed to hack the pwds on the servers but whoever hacked in changed all kind of permissions etc on the domain controller machine so even logged in as administrator which it says I am I don t have full admin rights I can log in using directory services but the active service directory is off limits I did some checking and noticed that the domain Domain controller hacked is listed as quot unknown quot When I try to change it to the proper domain it is greyed out so I can t change the domain What could they have done and how can I fix this Their main IT guy is away and I talked to him and he would like to look for other solutions before having to reinstall the OS I should mention that I have very limited experience with terminal service networks so maybe it s something I m just missing Thanks Bernie nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

we are using windows 2000 server with ADS, and we have a two server one is domain controller and another additional domain controller.. recently we have crashed domain controll server, presently running on only aditional domain controller, rightnow we want add new server for domain controller installing from the scartch..
can pls tell me,how to make or promoto new server as a domain controller from the additional domain controller,
what steps i need to take...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/promote-the-adc-to-domain-controller.335523/
Relevancy 54.61%

I've posted 2 threads on this forum and have NOT gotten a response... I'm sure someone on this forum is smarter than me!!

I asked if anyone can tell me why I can not access my servers on the network from my pc or any pc on the network when I shut down my PDC and leaving the BDC on at a different segment.

I am trying to test for a disaster recovery plan. If my PDC burns up the BDC should be able to authenticate all users and they should have access to all other servers as usual... correct?

Appreciate the help!~

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-backup-domain-controller.586411/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi All,

My small company is running in a XP workgroup environment. For security needs I am switching over to a windows domain. Our recently engaged IT professional initially pushed back on the domain controller idea - citing the cost in terms of degradation of performance during log in as well as an increase in care and feeding of users. After being informed of the security requirements, he is on board with the domain controller plan. My question to the experts here is: What am i getting myself into running my small bus network (<10 office + 10 classroom systems) in a domain as opposed to workgroup? Will this be an operational headache?

Much thanks!
Mark

A:Fear of domain controller

If the business stays small no its not an operational nightmare. In fact I am a domain advocate as there are alot of centralized things you can do on a domain that you can't with workgroups.

I.E. A domain login account allows 1 person to log onto all 20 user PC's instead of having to setup all 20 users at each PC. On top of that password changes if you change a password on the domain it changes it at each station you log in to. Also this allows for ALOT of flexibility if you ever have turnover you simply disable the account in the one spot and the person can't log in anywhere.

As far as longer login times I think thats close to hog wash. In a 20 user environment in 1 building if you have a long log in to your domain your looking at someone who setup a pretty horrid domain controller (or possibly someone who does not know about DNS and Active Directory). Now if this is a domain log in over a WAN yes it can bump up login times but then you need to look at your WAN connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fear-of-domain-controller.363727/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have two servers running NT 4.0 the problem is that the backup domain controller cannot log on to the primary domain controller. I've tried setting trust relationships and I get the "this server is already on the Domain" message.

A:Domain Controller Situation

If you have a Primary and Backup domain controllers in the same domain there is no need to set up a trust.

Trusts are used to define relationships between two seperate domains.

Can you explain in more detail what you are trying to do when you say

"the backup domain controller cannot log on to the primary domain controller"

Cheers

Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-controller-situation.46989/
Relevancy 54.61%

I Have a Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista Home Basic and a Windows 7 (Based on Vista). I just got a Belkin router but i installed and set it up on my Windows 7 PC. Is there any way to make my Server 2003 become the new Domain Controller. I need it to install Ranger for networks.

Relevancy 54.61%

The title says it all. Can Windows 7 Professional be modified to run as a domain controller and use Active Directory? If so please point the way to a tutorial if you know of one. Thank you.

A:Can Win 7 Pro be modified to run as a domain controller and use A.D?

No. If it could Microsoft would be on you faster then Winnie-the-pooh stalking a jar of honey.
The only way you are going to have a domain controller is by using Windows Server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184575-can-win-7-pro-modified-run-domain-controller-use-d.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Nevermind. . . I forgot to reset firewall settings in Norton 360.

We have a small network using Windows Server 2003. I'm having trouble setting up a new workstation, using Windows XP. It was finally working, then suddenly it cannot locate the domain controller and access our file server. In windows explorer, "My Network Places", it does not even see the server.

I've tried to check all settings I can think of and they are set the same as workstations that work just fine.

Problem seems to be the same whether I connect wired or wireless. No difference.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

A:Domain controller could not be contacted

This issue can occur because the Sysvol directory is not shared out on the domain controller.To verify that the Sysvol directory is shared out, type "net share" at command prompt to see if the Sysvol share is showing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/domain-controller-could-not-be-contacted-195520.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I want to install this administration software for my Network called Ranger for networks. To do this I am required for my PC to become a Domain Controller. I want this software installing on an exact PC which is running XP SP3. How do I make that PC the Domain Controller of my Network.

A:Domain Controller Setup

Posted via Mobile Device
you can't. A domain controller is setup on a Windows server OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-controller-setup.812070/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi..

i have Two domain controllers [one is the additional domain controller]

will the additional domain controller take over incase of the Primary server failure ?

will my users be able to login from the Additional Domain controller ?

Thanks In Advanced..

A:Additional Domain Controller for Login

Yes, but files and services that are only on the failed domain controller won't be available while it is down; things like routing and remote access, shared files, etc but, they should be able to login without problem. You should make sure you setup your DHCP server to have the second domain controller as a DNS option or clients might become confused once their leases expire.

Joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/additional-domain-controller-for-login.524390/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guyz,

I wanted to know about the Domain controller I mean what are sites, forest etc. More over I see in the administrative tools different things like Active Directory Site and Services, Active Directory Domain and trust, Domain Controller Security Policy, Domain Security Policy, clusters.

I have worked with group policy on domain controller for disabling USB drives and some other registry key auditing through Domain controller but I am not satisfied with that and also I do not want to go into theory things. Can you provide me any good reading like case study which will clear my concepts about all these things?? In fact I have configured one DC myself for testing purpose but I was just doing hit and trial and similarly I completed the installation of the DNS for that Domain Controller. But I am not satisfied and neither my mind is clear about these things so please suggest

A:Information about Domain Controller 2003

I would go to Amazon.com and query for book titles like "Adminstrating Windows 2003 Server" or "Windows 2003" etc. Amazon is one of the largest online bookstores and they deliver to everywhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/information-about-domain-controller-2003.741903/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello All,

I wanted to ask you all a question,

I work at a school and funds are always tight, it would be nice to replace one of our domain controllers with a simple Linux box.

The idea is to keep the main server (Windows 2003, 2008 soon) as the GC, then have additional domain controllers as Linux boxes.

I have a box ready to go with Samba, not really sure what to do though.

Regards.

Alex.

A:Linux as a Secondary Domain Controller?

Hello again,

I've been trying to get it to work for a couple of days now, and I'm much closer.

The only thing I'm stuggling with is Kerberos authentication, if anyone has any active directory experience it would be appriciated!

Regards,

Alex.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linux-as-a-secondary-domain-controller.129419/
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows 2003 server
I have a small test domain. 1 DC, 1 Production server, 1 web server, 3 client pc's.
I have added the web server into domain, directly onto same switch no firewall or dmz separating web from other servers.
The web server can ping the DC and production server using IP and DNS.
However when I try to ping the web server using IP from DC or production server they do not resolve and when I ping it using DNS they switch to searching for IP 172.16.1.1 instead of what it should be. I have checked reverse lookup zones and the IP is entered correctly.
Does anyone know why the DC and production server views the web server with the wrong IP?

thanks

circlerunner

A:Solved: domain controller problem

Okay what does that IP resolve to when you try it locally. How many NICs are in each machine and does that range match anything else you've got setup.

Clear the DNS cache on each machine then clear the DNS servers resolved cache. If you could post the nslookups that would be handy also. I mean the complete zone files would be excellent but I'll settle for the lookups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-domain-controller-problem.738306/
Relevancy 54.18%

Currently at work we are running Active Directory on a Windows Server with a Domain Controller on Windows There are currently various groups set up each with specific rights though certain users might be in multiple groups As of lately we have decided to have each user backup their data to the Domain Controller but limit the access to each users folder so that only the SYSTEM Domain Controller and the specific user itself can access their own folder Now what I have noticed is that once I remove the directories Controller Securing on a Domain All Users Group or any Group where that user Securing directories on a Domain Controller is part of the user has no more access although the user him- herself was added seperately Here is a example layout with the settings User Backups - User A - User B Click to expand Now when looking at a folder s security settings it is as follow Administrators email protected User A email protected CREATOR OWNER SYSTEM Users Domain Users Click to expand This allows anyone to access the folders and when removing Users Domain Users all the power users administrators and User A still has access Now as soon as I remove Administrators everyone looses access except the CREATOR OWNER and SYSTEM which is partially fine So far I have come to the conclusion that it is caused because of group policies clashing and have found a way to get around it but that would mean using folder sharing permisions rather than group policies and in the end I will end up having quite a lot of shared directories which I am trying to avoid In conclusion only the user of each directory is allowed to access their own folder with exception of the system P S I have just noticed that although a user is added to the folder if that user belongs to a group which does not have access that user is denied access as well confirming my theory that it is cause by group policies overwriting each other Any advice would be appreciated Kind Regards Anton nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/securing-directories-on-a-domain-controller.386276/
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows SP Domain controller XP Client machines logon s can be slow fileserver is on windows DC BUT is only accessible at first logon when the credentials are fresh After a period of time if you try to access the share mapped on the DC explorer freezes This happens on all clients that are on the domain The only system not having an issue is one that is not on the domain and runs on a local account upon accessing the mapped drive there have been a series of different Domain Win2k Controller problems errors such as a domain controller could not be found name already in use and security circumvension detected or something similar I have tried all registry fixes such as the autodisconnect keepalive etc as well as tcp acknowledgement attempts and frequency of occurences which should have been fixed in SP I recently noticed something in event viewer in the file replication service logs Message Following is the summary of warnings and errors encountered by File Replication Service while polling the Domain Controller MYSYSTEM domain com for FRS replica set configuration information Could not find computer object for this computer Will try again at Win2k Domain Controller problems next polling cycle Message The File Replication Service is no longer preventing the computer MYSYSTEM from becoming a domain controller The system volume has been successfully initialized and the Netlogon service has been notified that the system volume is now ready to be shared as SYSVOL Type quot net share quot to check for the SYSVOL share I found a Win k posting elsewhere that says the symptoms would be EXACTLY what I am experiencing but they chucked it up to the firewall on and so i should use a specific port Win k doesn t have a built in firewall i don t believe We use a hardware firewall but that shouldn t affect the LAN I have patched the server with all updates and checked DNS I can ping the machine name from any client and it is cached correctly in arp Thoughts nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-domain-controller-problems.622460/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey TSGs I have a client that cannot login to the domain I can t login as domain administrator as well The following error message results quot Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable or because your computer account was not found quot I have been able to work around the problem by unplugging the network card and logging in After it logs in I can plug it back in and everything works normally I can ping the DC access network drives and the DC assigns the correct IP according to the reservations Cannot to login Solved: domain controller? Of course if the user logs out It will not log back in I will have to unplug it again The user s pc was a hand-me-down from another department so I am unsure whether something has been changed or not The client is running XP pro sp the DC is Windows Server The client is DHCP enabled Solved: Cannot login to domain controller? with autoconfig Somebody please help me determine Solved: Cannot login to domain controller? what could be causing this Thanks for your time Lesso nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot login to domain controller?

Need to dis-join that machine from th domain and then re join it. Make sure that the computer account in AD(Just to double check, it is most likely gone already) is removed also. You are logging in with cached credentials when you disconnect the cable, when you plug it in the DC cannot find the machine in AD.
To Dis-join it remove the cable and login with the admin credentials and then goto the systems properties>computer name.

Add it to a work group doesnt matter what one, then when prompted to enter user name and password with authority to complete the action leave it blank and press enter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-login-to-domain-controller.620945/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an NT SP Win network setup with subnets connected via a fractional T and denied Access to controller domain Cisco router The PDC is on our Corporate Access to domain controller denied subnet the BDC is located at a branch office When I try to logon from a Win box at the branch office I occasionally get a message quot your domain password is incorrect or access to the domain controller has been denied quot The password IS correct and it happens from all the PCs when this occurs If I wait for or so minutes I can log in fine This happens intermittantly several times a day Access to domain controller denied I had NICS in the BDC but disabled one of them because it was causing me DHCP renewal problems Anybody have an idea of what could be causing this or Access to domain controller denied how I can track which domain controller the Win box is trying to authenticate through There are no Event Log messages pertaining to any problems so I am kinda stumped It also looks like I m getting DHCP renewal OK even when it won t let me log onto the domain Thanks for any help suggestions nbsp

A:Access to domain controller denied

Hi shannon this sounds like you may not be getting name resolution. if you're using WINS servers then the link may not be quick enough to get name resolution for the PDC. We have had similar problems and had to have the PDC and BDC IP addresses in the LMHost file on the win98 / client PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-to-domain-controller-denied.39596/
Relevancy 54.18%

If I connect vista to a domain cntroller, is their any way that I can display the regular screen?
Not the CTRL ALT Delete login.
I want visual login.

Anything?

A:Connect to Domain Controller questions

Ctrl-Alt-Del (SAS) logon has security benefits over the "pretty" (FUS) non-domain logon UI. That's why the act of joining a domain kicks the machine over to SAS logon... it's considered a corporate machine and that (presumably) means the need to emphasise security.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/228882-connect-domain-controller-questions.html
Relevancy 54.18%

dear administrator,

My notebook is configured to company domain controller group. My doubt is why I still can connect to the domain group at home even is not connected to my company LAN. I thought is authenticated by domain when connect to LAN only can access to windows. Please advice for my inquiry. Thank you.

Regards,

Jimmy

A:xp login to domain controller issue

When you connect to the domain (whilst in the office), your computer caches a local copy of your profile, so when you're away from the office, you still log on in the same manner, and whilst outwardly, the logon screen suggests you're logging in to the domain, when your computer realises you're not connected to it, it logs into your locally cached profile, giving you the same desktop and start menu, etc.

Hope that explains it for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-login-to-domain-controller-issue-290706.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Does anyone know of any software out there that would allow someone to set up a domain controller on a desktop machine running either Windows XP or Linux?

Relevancy 54.18%

I downloaded that day eval copy of Windows Policy + XP + Domain Pro Group controller a long time ago but never used it I ve been wanting to check out the XP Pro + Domain controller + Group Policy server-side of Active Directory permissions and whatnot and plan to install it on Virtual PC later and play with it My question is Here at work they ve got a few DCs and computers with XP Pro Permissions on the XP Pro + Domain controller + Group Policy client computers are restricted XP Pro + Domain controller + Group Policy based on Group Policy I d like to mess with the same stuff at home Basically the question boils down to I d like to experiment with restricting groups and or individual users with GPO however from what I can see in the GP editor it seems that there is only one Group Policy which govens the entire computer and all users regardless of their group I d like to apply different restrictions sort of like assigning one Group Policy to one user and another Group Policy to an entire group etc Any of you know where I can find information on this I ve definitely tried Google and a few other search engines but the sites that it turned up weren t really helpful at all Thanks in advance Lyc nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-domain-controller-group-policy.402389/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am at my wits end, any help would be appreciated.

I have two computers:

LOFT
mapped network drives M, N, O

BEDROOM
mapped network drives P, Q, R

if i am on the LOFT computer i can see all mapped network drives, M,N,O,P,Q,R

if i am on the BEDROOM computer i can see mapped network drives P,Q,R but not M,N,O
i click on M,N,O and it comes up with a windows asking for login and password and states the following,
"the system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication request,
after I type in the info I can then see the drives

any clues as to what is going on?

thanks

A:system cannot contact domain controller

Are both machines Windows 7 or 8?

Setting up a Homegroup may help with the drive access problem.

You could also try adding Authenticated or Everyone to the permissions on the Security tab of the drive but messing with the NTFS permissions would be a last resort for me.

This could also be an ownership problem but having to take ownership is a bit more extreme.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/19764-system-cannot-contact-domain-controller.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok...I was going to use NT 5.0 and MS Proxy or the new name what ever they call Proxy server now. But, being that this was on a home lan and I was connecting it with out a network connection during setup,...I couldn't get the damn active directory to take. So, I shrugged my shoulders and decided to install good ole NT 4.0 and Winproxy to share my connection at home with my wife. Now, the thing is this... will NT 4.0 allow one Nic be Dynamic (external ISP NIC) and the other to be static (Internal home network)? I can't seem to ge the system to let me use one as Dynamic and the other Static...anyone know how or if this is possible???

THanks!

Also anyone heard of any ISP's deploying SHDSL yet?

A:Mult Honed NT domain controller?

Under networking are you able to access both nic's and edit change the networking configuration?

Let me know,

Cheers
Scully

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mult-honed-nt-domain-controller.48624/
Relevancy 54.18%

We are running a NT 4.0 server and have lost the ability to login to it from the workstations. How can we reconnect to the domain controller?

A:Lost contact with domain controller

This problem is related to your other thread about your server. It has to be corrected first. I am closing this thread to prevent confusion.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-contact-with-domain-controller.85791/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am using an NT4 server that i have on a small lan, i am also trying to connect to it via a ras connection. When it gets to the user name, password, domain name screen and i enter my user name and password i get a response that says no domain controller to validate password. No i find this odd because i am trying to dial in from a pc that i know works on the lan, the only thing i have done is unplug the cable from the nick card and log off the server before i try and dial in. I am only using tcp/ip with wins enabled and dhcp. Someone please help!! Thanks

Relevancy 54.18%

I've got to set up a new domain controller for a remote site here and was wondering if anybody knows of any pitfalls of setting it up here as another domain controller and then later just changing it's ip to the subnet of the remote site and moving it in site configuration?

It's a 2003 Active Directory.

A:Domain Controller change of ip and site?

I have heard (but not seen, admittedly...) that you can change domains, sites and probably trees (can anyone confirm this?).

The best bet (that I know does work) is to demote your DC to a member server, then re-promote it to a DC through dcpromo.exe on your Windows Server CD. I don't know if it has a copy on your hard drive or not.

This is MCSE territory. It'd probably be best to wait for more knowledgable folk to respond.

In the meantime, a handy little website I know of is this: http://www.petri.co.il/. It was a handy resource to have during my studies at TAFE here in Oz (I suppose it would be the equivalent of a community college) doing Network Management. Hope it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-controller-change-of-ip-and-site.525821/
Relevancy 54.18%

Getting a CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION Diag file attached of all sudden a Domain BSOD'ing Controller Windbg is not super helpful Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File sadvm c Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Bitmap Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV C Windows symbol Domain Controller BSOD'ing all of a sudden cache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV C Windows symbol cache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer DataCenter SingleUserTS Built by amd fre winblue r - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff ee PsLoadedModuleList xfffff ee dd Debug session time Tue Jan UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck a a f a ec f b b be c c a b c Probably caused by Unknown Image ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION This bugcheck Domain Controller BSOD'ing all of a sudden is generated when the kernel detects that critical kernel code or data have been corrupted There are generally three causes for a corruption A driver has inadvertently or deliberately modified critical kernel code or data See Kernel patch protection for x -based operating systems A developer attempted to set a normal kernel breakpoint using a kernel debugger that was not attached when the system was booted Normal breakpoints quot bp quot can only be set if the debugger is attached at boot time Hardware breakpoints quot ba quot can be set at any time A hardware corruption occurred e g failing RAM holding kernel code or data Arguments Arg a a f a ec f Reserved Arg b b be c c a b Reserved Arg c Failure type dependent information Arg Type of corrupted region can be A generic data region Modification of a function or pdata A processor IDT A processor GDT Type process list corruption Type process list corruption Debug routine modification Critical MSR modification Debugging Details ------------------ PG MISMATCH DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre STACK TEXT ffffd b c a a f a ec f b b be c c a b c nt KeBugCheckEx STACK COMMAND kb SYMBOL NAME ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME Unknown Module IMAGE NAME Unknown Image DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP IMAGE VERSION BUCKET ID BAD STACK FAILURE BUCKET ID BAD STACK ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km bad stack FAILURE ID HASH -faf - b -bbc -dc ecdd Followup MachineOwner --------- This is a virtual machine in a vSphere environment Thanks folks

A:Domain Controller BSOD'ing all of a sudden

Update your Intel Ethernet drivers.

Code:
E1G6032E.sys Tue Mar 23 22:08:16 2010 (4BA92DC0)
Intel Ethernet
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=E1G6032E.sys

vmci.sys Tue May 1 03:14:27 2012 (4F9F38F3)
VMware
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vmci.sys

vmmouse.sys Mon Jun 4 11:34:25 2012 (4FCC8121)

vmmouse.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

vm3dmp.sys Wed Jun 13 11:42:02 2012 (4FD8606A)

vm3dmp.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

vsock.sys Sat Sep 29 07:01:05 2012 (50668091)
VMware vSockets Service
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vsock.sys

vmmemctl.sys Sat Nov 17 16:43:40 2012 (50A7B0AC)
VMware server memory controller - digitally signed
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vmmemctl.sys

dump_LSI_SAS.sys Thu Mar 28 18:42:34 2013 (5154810A)

dump_LSI_SAS.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

lsi_sas.sys Thu Mar 28 18:42:34 2013 (5154810A)
LSI SAS driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=lsi_sas.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

dfsrro.sys Thu Aug 22 13:39:34 2013 (5215F876)

dfsrro.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

intelide.sys Thu Aug 22 13:40:03 2013 (5215F893)
Intel IDE storage driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelide.sys

Debug session time: Tue Jan 13 16:21:09.262 2015 (UTC + 1:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mihael\SysnativeBSODApps\011315-6859-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17328.amd64fre.winblue_r3.140827-1500
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:18.165
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BugCheck 109, {a3a01f5a49ec84f0, b3b72be09c6c8a8b, 2c0000103, 7}
BugCheck Info: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
Bugcheck code 00000109
Arguments:
Arg1: a3a01f5a49ec84f0, Reserved
Arg2: b3b72be09c6c8a8b, Reserved
Arg3: 00000002c0000103, Failure type dependent information
Arg4: 0000000000000007, Type of corrupted region, can be
0 : A generic data region
1 : Modification of a function or .pdata
2 : A processor IDT
3 : A processor GDT
4 : Type 1 process list corruption
5 : Type 2 process list corruption
6 : Debug routine modification
7 : Critical MSR modification
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT_SERVER
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: BAD_STACK
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2399
BiosVersion = 6.00
BiosReleaseDate = 07/12/2011
SystemManufacturer = VMware, Inc.
SystemProductName = VMware Virtual Platform
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue Jan 13 15:48:24.095 2015 (UTC + 1:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mihael\SysnativeBSODApps\011315-4078-02.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17328.amd64fre.winblue_r3.140827-1500
System Uptime: 0 days 1:03:52.569
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BugCheck 109, {a3a01f5a3328cb9c, b3b72be085a8d127, 2c0000103, 7}
BugCheck Info: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
Bugcheck code 00000109
Arguments:
Arg1: a3a01f5a3328cb9c, Reserved
Arg2: b3b72be085a8d127, Reserved
Arg3: 00000002c0000103, Failure type dependent information
Arg4: 0000000000000007, Type of corrupted region, can be
0 : A generic data region
1 : Modification of a function or .pdata
2 : A processor IDT
3 : A processor GDT
4 : Type 1 process list corruption
5 : Type 2 process list corruption
6 : Debug routine modification
7 : Critical MSR modification
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60009-domain-controller-bsoding-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am attempting to bring up a new second win2k dc, but when I run ads install wizard, it will not find the domain. Am I missing something? If this isn't a simply dumb question, let me know and I'll go into more detail. Thanks!

Relevancy 54.18%

How can I set up a LAN without using Active Directory or Domain Controller on Windows Server 2003

A:LAN w/o Active Directory and Domain Controller

Don't run it in domain mode. If its in workgroup mode it won't use AD and your don't need resolution to DNS to it. If you run it in domain mode you have to do the whole shabang.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-w-o-active-directory-and-domain-controller.485130/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi ,
I have an SSID with dot1x authentication .Unfortunately my radius server has only self signed certificate. 
So for the first when the user log on to the desktop, wireless profiles are not being created and they fail to login . We need to manually create the profile ,
How can i solve the problem 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/18c421f7-f883-434b-b6bc-5fe598939c2f/login-using-wireless-against-domain-controller?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.18%

I'll try to be as straight forward as possible when visiting website in windows Hosts file looks fine - Code Copyright c - Microsoft Corp This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP IP for Windows This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host IP&Domain Website - blocked names Each entry should be kept on an individual line The IP address should be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name The IP address and the host Website blocked - IP&Domain name should be separated by at least one space Additionally comments such as these may be inserted on individual Website blocked - IP&Domain lines or following the machine name denoted by a ' ' symbol For example rhino acme com source server x acme com x client host localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself localhost localhost Windows XP Virtual Machine - NAT Mode the website does not work Setting up the adapter to connect with a seperate connection and the website works fine Firewall - Avast AV disabled still no luck Anybody got any ideas I did find this - http www sevenforums com network-i s-website html seems somebody else has had a similar issue before Wonder if he solved it

A:Website blocked - IP&Domain

dumb question. Do you have windows firewall off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/22804-website-blocked-ip-domain.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So, I thought it was just one site that I go to with a .to domain (tonga). Which are commonly used for torrent sites. Anyways, it turns out that I can't visit any site with the domain of .to I tried a lot of them. I also tried the website http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/  to see if the websites were down, and they were not. 
As far as I know my ISP does not censor my internet connection.

A:Can't load any website with a .to domain

Edit : Figured out the issue sort of. It had something to do with the DNS my isp was using by default. I changed the default DNS to Google Public DNS and all websites load. Guess my ISP is trying to be big brother. 
Here is the website that helped me. 
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570150/cant-load-any-website-with-a-to-domain/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi ,
we are having 50 computers network having two ISP's broadband connection @ 512 kbps.we are having one windows 200 Domain controller and one file server and all other computer are clients having Win98SE and Win 2000 professional.we are having norton 2000 corporate edition installed on every system,also we are having microsoft antispyware and Adaware.we regularly update(windows update as well) our systems.since two days we are facing problem of viruses,worms,and spywares on Domain controller, there are folders on our file server on which file and folder permission in given through domain controller.now we are unable to access folders from any of the systems.Can anybody make me thorugh this problem. thanks in advance

A:Viruses,worms,and spywares on Domain controller

get norton corp edition or use www.ravantivirus.com
or you can try trendmicro www.housecall.trendmicro.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viruses-worms-and-spywares-on-domain-controller.381607/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok

So i had a test environment where i was playing around with Active Directory and Child Domains. I have a domain and i created a child domain under that domain on an old server. Well it just so happened that the server had a serious hardware error and no longer runs.

How do i go about removing the child domain from the main domain controller? It is continuously filling up the Directory Service log because AD can't find and communicate with the failed child domain.

How do i remove it without having the failed server up. If it were up i could easy demote it but that server is toast.

Does anyone have any information on it? I have searched the web a bit and i haven't had much luck finding what i was looking for.

thanks everyone

A:Removing Failed Child Domain Controller

Here are MS instructions to manually remove a server from the AD:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498/EN-US/

It can be a little nerve racking if your not comfortable with console based commands; but I've done it on a couple of networks with great results. Best advice: ghost/image the server before you start... just in case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removing-failed-child-domain-controller.584527/
Relevancy 53.75%
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I want to ask question regarding the DC group policy. Is it possible to track or find out that on which system a GP is not applied?

Actually we are applying a group policy in our company and at the same time we want to keep track that if a group policy is not applied on any system or some body has changed the group policy on his/her system we can figure out that particular system on which the GP was not applied.

Is it possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-we-find-out-domain-controller-policy-has-been-applied.714674/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am setting up a domain for my college assignment, and want to remove the "This Computer" option from the list on the Windows XP Logon screen, but can't work out which policy it is. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 2000 domain with a single PDC.

Recently I installed another machine as Windows 2000 Server and I want it to be a domain controller.

So I ran the Dcpromo utility and joined it to my present Active Directory and made sure that all objects from the old server were replicated. Then I took the old server offline to see if this new server would take over. But it did not.

What do I have to do if I want the new server to be a Domain Controller instead of the old one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-domain-controller-issue.276394/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all~

I'm looking for some information, specifically what are the hazards involved in changing the system date on a domain controller multiple times within a 24 hour period?

The purpose for this; we have a database that performs end of the month report processing. When the last day of the month passes, those numbers are gone (the views involved with the reports and criterion go deeper than the Aleutian Trench- changing these from static to variable would be a long and painful process).

If anyone has firsthand knowledge, experience or can direct me to whitepapers that have relevant information, I'd so greatly appreciate it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-system-date-on-a-domain-controller.1055920/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have searched the forums for two weeks and logging Samba controller Windows into Pro 7 domain I still cannot log into a Samba domain controller I have tried everything suggested including upgrading my version of Samba to and it only made matters worse After two weeks I am able to have my laptop join the domain but after I reboot and Windows 7 Pro logging into Samba domain controller try to log into the domain as a user it keeps giving me the lost trust error meaning that the creds were rejected I have tried every combo of enabling and disabling of the RequiredSignOrSeal and RequireStrongKey registry entries and still nothing If anyone has a patch or another workaround to get this working I am all ears The funny thing about all of this is when I log into the local host account I can see the other machines on the domain Could this mean I am actually logging into the domain and I don't even know it or is that a whole other issue seeing as how the login screen is telling me I am logging into the local machine Again any help would be appreciated

A:Windows 7 Pro logging into Samba domain controller

What's the "local host account"?

How do you "see" the other machines "on the domain" when logged on as that account?

To troubleshoot this without guessing:

- www.wireshark.org
- install
- start a packet trace log
- quickly repro the symptom
- stop and save the trace
- zip and upload here.

Analysis of a packet trace is the best way to troubleshoot networking issues. Once the activity "on the wire" is understood, it's possible to be more focused in searching for a resolution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/34217-windows-7-pro-logging-into-samba-domain-controller.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am running two networks at the same time.

Network 1: Novell 3.12
Network 2: Windows 2000/NT domain

My clients have windows xp pro and have the latest version of the novell netware login client 4.83 with SP1.

When I logged a windows domain user on the machine before I installed the netware client, the computer logged in fine.

After I installed the novell client, when I logged in windows gave me the following error message..."couldn't log you into the domain controller or no domain controller available... windows is loggin you in from a cached account"

I've tried using that novell client that comes with windows xp as well. I've had no luck.

How can I get my workstations to log into the two networks?

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a laptop running windows NT and attempting to log on to the system with dial up networking. The domain controller not found message comes up upon connection, what could be causing this?
-I have set up the user in RAS and believe all the settings are correct.
-The modem I am dialing into is on a member server on the network, it was previously a bdc which the user could dial into with no problems.
-I have no problems with a windows 98 machine dialing in with the same username.
- attempted logon with numerous different usernames including admin and the one that works with win 98
- dialup is authenticated, then message comes up for no domain controller.

Relevancy 53.75%

hi guys,

any body knows, how to set a Group Policy that force every clients in my network to synchronize their windows time to my DC time?

i have a windows server 2003 enterprise edition and 3 standard editions, they always replicate each other.

all of my clients use windows XP SP2 for their OS.

thx in advance guys.

Relevancy 53.75%

Is it possible to save the results of a people/user search on a domain server? I would like to transfer every user to my address book or at the least save it to some type of file.

Thanks,
tekyamaster

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saving-a-domain-controller-users-listing.283972/
Relevancy 53.75%

After removing one DC SERVER02 from my Windows 2003 SBS network the clients are now all bringing up the following message in the event log and the drive mappings are no longer working, even though there is a second DC SERVER01 still on the network.

Event ID: 1054
Source: Userenv
Type: Error
Description:
Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted). Group Policy processing aborted.

Both servers are meant to have the same role as a DC so that if one server goes down then the other server will take over. Any ideas?

A:Event id 1054 after removing one Domain Controller.

SBS can be the only domain controller on a domain, you can only add member servers. I have the feeling the server you removed was acting as the domain controller. All of the scripts for mapping drives were on the DC Server02 since it will not replicate scripts to an SBS server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-id-1054-after-removing-one-domain-controller.490887/
Relevancy 53.75%

The domain controller can only be found for the initial login after changing from workgroup to domain, any further login attemps bring up the logon message 'a domain controller for your domain could not be contacted'. Once I remove the computer from the domain on the server I can add it again by changing from workgroup to domain on the new machine, but again am limited to only one login. Any idea on what could be causing this?

A:{User Opened New Thread} - Domain controller

Greetings

Can you ping the server? Can you net view it? What network access do you have to it?

Are you connecting to it over a router? Is it in another subnet?

Are you trying to connect using Win9x or an NT machine?

What type of protocols are you running? What types are the server running?

Cheers
------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-opened-new-thread-domain-controller.28290/
Relevancy 53.32%

We have a small organisation with users A website. not User Domain Particular a access Could domain has been created and the domain users can access an Particular Domain User Could not access a website. internal web application with their Digital Key The Web app works only on IE The admin user of the web app can access the Web app without the digital key with username and password The issue we are facing is a particular domain user in a particular PC could not access the web app with admin user account without digital key The same domain user can access the web app as the admin user in other PCs and some other users can access the app with admin account in the same PC Eg User A cannot access the App in the PC P User B can access the App in the PC P User A can access the App in the PC P All the above accesses are by Admin user without digital key IE displays quot Internet Explorer cannot display the Webpage quot error Things I did to resolve the issue Recreated the Domain user account Reset the IE But no luck Please help on this friends Thanks in Advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397573-particular-domain-user-could-not-access-website.html