Windows Support Forum

"Network cable is unplugged" but its really not..

Q: "Network cable is unplugged" but its really not..

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "Network cable is unplugged" but its really not..

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "Network cable is unplugged" but its really not..

sadgyrl514 said:

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?Click to expand...

Try rebooting,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-is-unplugged-but-its-really-not.166539/
Relevancy 90.83%

I ve spent the last two or so weeks attempting to fix this problem I ll explain it to the best of my ability If you have any questions I ll be happy to help you help me My problem started about days ago Prior to this date my service would drop not predictably but enough "Network or Cable (not) no unplugged" is "Limited connectivity" and that I can remember it Comcast has insisted there is no problem and no other computers on the network experienced this problem so I assumed it was something local I never made "Network Cable is (not) unplugged" and "Limited or no connectivity" a real attempt to fix "Network Cable is (not) unplugged" and "Limited or no connectivity" it however because it wasn t a big enough problem to bother me A simple reboot would fix the problem The error would occur most often when I was downloading media and running another program that was accessing the internet The problem would still occur without both happening at the same time however so I assumed that it was a coincidence days ago I was on the internet browsing I left for an hour and upon my return found the internet was disconnected I rebooted and instead of connecting an error came up quot Limited or no connectivity quot After several more restarts I was connected but it dropped out again with the same error I connected looked my Wireless card up and it connected to the network After several days the wireless card came up with the same error In addition the error was still happening with the LAN connection and it would say the network cable is unplugged when it is clearly plugged in I would have assumed it was an error with the router but three other laptops were able to connect to the network as well as my desktop The LAN cable refuses to connect at all and when it says it is connected I still receive the quot Limited or no connectivity error quot The wireless card will connect but often goes out with the same error Right now I m using the Wireless card Doing an IPConfig the Wireless adapter is receiving all settings The LAN connection doesn t see DHCP enabled although it is I m unsure if this is an error or it doesn t see DHCP because it doesn t see the cable as connected right now it is disabled and won t re-enable because it thinks the cable is unplugged I ve looked through many different webpages and attempted the fixes suggested but nothing has helped The cable is still functional and I changed no settings between the time that it worked and suddenly stopped working I m going to retest this by plugging the the cable directly into the modem and seeing what happens I don t believe the NIC has gone bad but in either case I am unsure why this would affect the wireless card I ve disabled any firewalls incase that was causing the issue but it didn t help Whenever the wireless card isn t working I ve noticed it still receives the signel strength as I ve also noted that whenever I get the quot Limited or no connectivity error quot the Wireless card nor the LAN connection is getting an IP from the router This lead me to believe something was conflicting with my computer and the router but I am confused as to why it would only affect the wireless card sometimes I m using an Inspiron running WinXP using Comcast High Speed Internet with a Linksys router and Linksys Wireless G card My onboard card is a Broadcom x Integrated Controller I have my computer docked in a docking station with the LAN connection going through the hub Even connected directly into the computer I still receive the quot Limited or no connectivity error quot I ve contacted Comcast to see if they made any changes that may have only affected my computer After I got through the bull of a recording asking me questions and got to a real person I was told everything was quot green across the board quot When I questioned him further he insisted it was the router even if the router worked for me and is still working for the other comp... Read more

A:"Network Cable is (not) unplugged" and "Limited or no connectivity"

just one statement, I used to have a wireless network and my computer although the closest to the router would have slow or no connetion and the others would be conected and working fine. I changed to wired on everthing for that reason...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-is-not-unplugged-and-limited-or-no-connectivity.59455/
Relevancy 90.52%

I ran two Linux distrobutions on my computer KateOS didn t work monitor didn t like something and Ubuntu I didn t install anything I was just having a look to see if I could make a partition smaller with it so I could then install one of the Linux OS s Anyway my problem is that now I have stopped using the Live CD s and have gone back onto windows it is saying that the Network Cable is Unplugged or some other message to that effect I have done several things to try to get it working but nothing has Here is what I have done so far I restarted the computer several times I reinstalled the drivers of the Ethernet socket thingy It s built into the motherboard I did a system restore and then un-restored it after that didn t work I disabled the Ethernet socket thingy in device manager and then enabled it again I unplugged the router from the power and plugged it back in again I unplugged the ethernet cables at both ends and reconnected That s all I can remember doing at the moment but "Network cable Solved: unplugged message unplugged" although it isn't I may have done one or two things extra to Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged these The only thing I can think of doing extra to this would be reformatting the harddrive and reinstalling windows which I d rather not do I do not know if the ethernet socket thing works in Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged Linux or not but I could try it out if you think it will help The device manager on windows says it is running correctly but I still get the Network Cable Unplugged message pop up every Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged so often I get no internet whatsoever on the desktop I m on the laptop at the moment On the router the connection light flashes instead of staying on like it normally does so I think the router is recognising there is a connection of some sort just not one that works All my computers stats should be accessable in my quot Computer Specs quot however if there is anything else you need then just ask Thanks Giltrap nbsp

A:Solved: "Network cable unplugged" message although it isn't unplugged

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-cable-unplugged-message-although-it-isnt-unplugged.684243/
Relevancy 89.9%

Ok so have a Dell Inspiron laptop that is running on Windows XP and I am unable to connect to the internet This happened a little over a week ago suddenly and everything that I have tried has been unsuccessful I connect to the internet through an ethernet cable that plugs directly from the wall to my computer however I cannot get internet because my computer is telling me that a quot Network Cable is Unplugged quot when reads detecting cable, a network cable "network unplugged" error not Computer it clearly is still plugged in I have tried using different cables and in different rooms of my apartment and yet I still have the same problem My other roommates are not having any issues so this lead me to believe there is probably a problem with my computer My computer skills are on a basic general knowledge basis so I have no idea how to Computer not detecting a network cable, error reads "network cable unplugged" begin to attack this problem Strangely enough in my attempts to get on the internet I turned on my wireless connection which displays a full connection in the icon at the bottom of my screen at good or excellent quality yet when I open firefox or explorer the browsers I use I still have no internet I am not sure if this is an indicator of the same problem I am having or just a separate issues but I am in desperate need of help So please if you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them nbsp

A:Computer not detecting a network cable, error reads "network cable unplugged"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-detecting-a-network-cable-error-reads-network-cable-unplugged.843225/
Relevancy 85.56%

Hi all I ve recently had my internet failing on me I ve got a BT Home Hub which i use to connect my computer to specs in signature via onboard LAN as well as my housemates computer and XBox via wireless Everythings been fine for about years but recently after installing a new OS XP home on a new hard disk about weeks after this new setup ive had the computer tell me that the quot network cable is unplugged quot when i boot up Theres nothing wrong with the cable which is slotted properly or with the onboard LAN device details says everything is working properly After minutes or so itll look up an IP address and connect sometimes itll take a bit longer its probably not the new installation but i have re-installed a Samsung unplugged" - internet problem cable is connection with ethernet "network DVD-ROM drive and MS Office with the downloaded updates - could these have messed up the onboard LAN somehow Its quite annoying that this is occuring since i cant find everything that is obviously wrong any suggestions would be much appreciated my internet problem with ethernet connection - "network cable is unplugged" onboard LAN is a Murvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Base-T Adpater Copper RJ- nbsp

A:internet problem with ethernet connection - "network cable is unplugged"

In correct settings will give you the same error message. Back track your setup... Remove and reinstall everything, then force a reset by pressing the reset buttton in the back of the cable modem, and the routers, and reboot.
If your devices are all from the same manufacturer, their disc will usually fix them all.
Also, your internet provider can tell a lot by looking into your system from their tech support bench in Las Vegas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problem-with-ethernet-connection-network-cable-is-unplugged.85240/
Relevancy 85.56%

On my network card I have a quot a network cable is unplugged quot after unplugged" adding loss is cable network internet 3 of " A Fedora messege The cable is plugged in I first got this messege after installing Fedora Core on a seperate partition Since it the internet connection didn t work I took Fedora off and Re-Installed Win XP Home edition I have this running off a router the router is connected to another PC running SuSE linux I had this same problem on the other computer but I fixed it after installing SuSE and tweeking bad luck I think something got messed " A network cable is unplugged" loss of internet after adding Fedora 3 up in either the re-sizing of the partition gb to gb to make room for Fedora All I have on the computer now is XP home I need XP It is a shame that d games dont run on linux even though I like linux and am using it to type this messege By the way I had both of the computers working fine off the same internet connection after i fixed the old one and before i messed up the new one nbsp " A network cable is unplugged" loss of internet after adding Fedora 3

A:" A network cable is unplugged" loss of internet after adding Fedora 3

Does the network link light turn on on the router and the NIC in your computer?
If not then you have a problem with the cable and/or the hardware. Operating systems, partitions, etc has nothing to do with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-network-cable-is-unplugged-loss-of-internet-after-adding-fedora-3.24076/
Relevancy 85.56%

Hello I ve been searching up and down for a solution to the issue I ve been having with my network for the past couple months now with no luck and I m hoping someone here may know what the issue is Here goes after moving months ago and switching from a cable connection I had for years without issue and going to Verizon DSL after ironing out all the bugs I had with it in the first place now my computer constantly loses it s local area connection with the icon showing in the bottom tray saying quot a network cable is unplugged quot I know I have no issues with my modem or wired router as my notification network Solved: Constant is "A cable unplugged" Xbox doesn t lose connection Whenever this happens I have to go into network connections and disable and enable the connection before it connects again then it doesn t last long before Solved: Constant "A network cable is unplugged" notification it does it again I ve tried changing out the cable so shouldn t be a bad cable Tried switching firewalls and playing around with settings with it no luck Is this the sign of a bad Solved: Constant "A network cable is unplugged" notification NIC Or more likely some system settings deep down somewhere which I pretty much have no experience with It s driving me nuts as I can t get anything done Thanks for your time and pleaseeee help nbsp

Relevancy 85.56%

Hello, so I downloaded hamachi the other day to play with some friends on GMOD and I was finished with hamachi so I decided to un-install it, after doing so, I noticed Google Chrome, Mozilla, Steam and many more applications can't connect to the internet, but Internet Explorer 64 bit is able to connect... I don't know how to fix this and I've done a bunch of research on many ways to possibly fix it but none have worked so far... I use a wireless usb for my wireless connection, it works perfectly fine but my Local Area Connection keeps saying that one message and I just wanna fix it :/ please help?

A:Local Area Connection "Network cable unplugged"

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-1008882.html
Relevancy 85.56%

Hey guys First of all I would like to say that I am an IT tech so there s no need to explain everything in details I m posting here because I m having trouble with some LAN on Cable DUAL message SP2c "Network & XP Unplugged" hardware compatibility "Network Cable Unplugged" message on XP SP2c & DUAL LAN that happens only with Windows XP Service Pack c and not SP I might as well post this in the Hardware subforum According to Microsoft there s nothing that was added to the OS other than a new range of license keys But for what I can see there s definately something different other than that in the OS Here are some specs of the systems I am using ASUS P K-E onboard Marvell Yukon e Intel PRO GT plugged in the third PCI slot Ok let s explain this crazy bug Once the Intel PRO GT drivers are installed the Marvell Yukon e will stop working It ll say quot Network cable unplugged quot even if there s a cable connected The NIC LEDs are still actives but Windows won t detect the network cable anymore It s looks like the Intel drivers are corrupting the Marvell ones Here s what I am tried and verified - The devices are on different IRQs - I plugged the Intel PRO GT in the third and second PCI slots so that both card would not share the same bus First PCI slot shares the same bus with the onboard Ethernet controller - I ve updated both devices to their lastest drivers - I ve uninstalled-reinstalled both devices drivers - I ve tested my network cables and they re all top shape - I ve tested all my switches in different ports they re all top notch - I ve installed an older Windows XP SP without quot c quot version and no conflict occurs everything works fine So all hardware is not defective Even when I uninstall the Intel drivers the Marvell will not come to life again Even if I re-install the Marvell drivers and the Intel one isn t present it won t work The only way to get the onboard adapter working again is to reformat I ve got systems with the exact identical problems and configurations So there s deffinately something changed in the SP c Since it s looks like the Intel drivers are causing this in part I ve submitted a ticked to Intel and awaiting their answer I m also posting this message so if someone is having the same trouble or wants this system setup he will al least be able to find this message by googling aroung If anyone have a suggestion or knows what Microsoft could have changed in their Service Pack other than the license part it ll be very helpful Contacting Microsoft support was very painful They couldn t even switch my license for an older SP license So I am stock with this bugging problem Thanks in advance Phil nbsp

A:"Network Cable Unplugged" message on XP SP2c & DUAL LAN

this might work:
Change the Link Speed and Duplex settings to use "100 Mbps Full Duplex" or "10 Mbps Full Duplex" instead of Auto Detect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged-message-on-xp-sp2c-dual-lan.702336/
Relevancy 85.56%

I have purchased an older IBM Thinkpad that has been upgraded to Windows 2000 Pro. When I am in range of a known public Wi-fi network, or nearby to my home QSL modem (that has a built in router), the computer does not indicate that it has located an available network. This is when using, separately, both a Wi-fi card and a USB wireless adapter. (I have installed the required drivers.) When I consult the network connection information, it says, in either case: network cable unplugged. I can connect to the Internet via my home modem, if I plug the computer in directly, using an ethernet cable. But this does not solve the issue of being able to use a public network, when away from home.
I have also tried to set up a new network, but Windows 2000 does not seem to offer "setting up a wireless network" as an option. Any ideas?

A:Using either Wi-fi card/USB wireless adapter: "network cable unplugged"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-either-wi-fi-card-usb-wireless-adapter-network-cable-unplugged.795301/
Relevancy 84.94%

I ve been having an ongoing problem with MSN Messenger causing my internet to stall intermittently and I d really like to see if I can get it resolved A few minutes after I run and connect to MSN my internet will stop working momentarily and my systray will show my Local Area Connection as quot network cable unplugged quot or something and then it ll go away and everything resumes I Messenger error Internet cable Solved: unplugged" causes "network MSN Running to stall, reconnect my MSN Messenger which has since been disconnected and a few minutes later the same will happen again and kill all my internet activity with the same quot network cable unplugged quot message or sometimes I may get quot no connectivity quot problems or something After a few rounds of disconnecting reconnecting things will seem to stabilize and I can actually use my MSN Solved: Running MSN Messenger causes Internet to stall, "network cable unplugged" error Messenger without it completely disrupting everything every few minutes but the problem will occur all over again in the future if I ever ran MSN again Anybody know what s up Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Solved: Running MSN Messenger causes Internet to stall, "network cable unplugged" error

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-running-msn-messenger-causes-internet-to-stall-network-cable-unplugged-error.593126/
Relevancy 84.94%

I have been trying unsuccessfully to connect to the wired connection in my dorm room The wifi is working but slow and other people in our suite have fast wired connections But when I go and try to connect with wired my laptop says quot Network Cable Unplugged quot My network card is Connection "Network Unplugged" Wired Cable a PCIe GBE Family Controller with the driver I run ipconfig all and I get this Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix school edu Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D-C -FD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August PM Lease Expires Sunday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- -C - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Wired Connection "Network Cable Unplugged" Enabled Yes My laptop is a Asus G VT if that helps Any help would be appreciated I have already rollbacked Wired Connection "Network Cable Unplugged" updated the drivers restarted Wired Connection "Network Cable Unplugged" the computer and ruled out the possibility of my ethernet cord or wall outlet nbsp

Relevancy 84.94%

Hello I have searched everywhere to find an answer to this and although I have encountered posts on various sites re similar problems "Network Unplugged" Cable and non-shared a printer I have seen no one with my exact problem I own a Dell Dimension with Windows XP It is networked with my roommate s computer via a Netgear Cable DSL Web Safe Router My internet connection was working just fine until I bought a Canon PIXMA MP I connected the printer to my computer via a USB cable and kept getting the quot Network Cable Unplugged quot error I double-checked - it wasn t So I d unplug the USB the network connection would be fine I d plug it back in and would get quot Network Cable Unplugged quot again Not wanting to have to choose between having internet access or using my printer without unplugging and plugging in cables I tried to fix the network cable unplugged problem I d let the computer try to quot troubleshoot quot my lack of connectivity and kept getting quot Invalid IP "Network Cable Unplugged" and a non-shared printer Address quot messages I d bring up my MSN Messenger window and sometimes when that would troubleshoot the disconnection problem it would tell me that my IE was set to quot work offline quot and did I want to change that When I d hit quot Yes quot I could then connect via MSN Messenger but it would never last long However through all of this I could print without a problem Now no matter whether my printer s USB cable is plugged into the back of my "Network Cable Unplugged" and a non-shared printer computer or not I get quot Network Cable Unplugged quot It is extremely frustrating "Network Cable Unplugged" and a non-shared printer The reason this is different than so many other posts I ve seen is that I am not trying to share this printer with my roommate The printer is just for me Does anyone have any ideas All comments are welcome as I m about to rip my hair out nbsp

Relevancy 84.94%

I installed a new printer (HP deskjet 6500 series) on one of the networked computers in our office yesterday and set it up as a shared printer. Ever since then, said computer cannot connect to the network ("network cable unplugged" error). Prior to installing the new printer, everything was working fine. I have tried rebooting the computer, uninstalling & unplugging the printer & restarting, unplugging the network cable and restarting & then plugging back in, and rebooting our entire network. Nothing so far has worked. I'm thinking about using system restore to revert the computer to the way it was prior to installing the printer. But, I've never used system restore before, so I'm a little wary. Anyone have any tips regarding that or other reasons for this problem? Thanks!

A:"Network Cable Unplugged" after installing printer

Out of curiosity, are the LED's on the NIC on?
Are you getting an APIPA address if you do an ipconfig?

Out of curiousity, are these computers Sony Vaio's?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-after-installing-printer.41618/
Relevancy 84.94%

My LAN was working fine yesterday and I have not touched it since but today, it's coming up as "Network Cable Unplugged". "A cable is not plugged in to the network adapter "Local Area Network" comes up when I try diagnosing the issue.

I have the cable running into my computer. This problem occured a few days ago but the cable was changed (brand new one) and whilst it did work for a short while, it is again showing up as "Network Cable Unplugged".

Please please help me out!

A:"Network Cable Unplugged" but it most definately isnt!

I must add, my laptop is a fairly new (March 2008) Toshiba and up to date I have not needed to use the LAN connection.

I am unable to go to Toshiba because I am in a foreign country (China) and dont speak the language.

Could it be to do with the hardware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged-but-it-most-definately-isnt.818618/
Relevancy 84.94%

I've bridged my wireless and ethernet connections to connect my xbox360 to the
internet.
This worked fine before on this laptop but now it don't!
I've enabled compatibility mode via netsh but I still get "network cable unplugged" on MAC Bridge Miniport immediately after I create the bridge.
The wireless network works just fine when I remove the bridge.
I have the latest drivers and SP.

Ideas?

A:Bridge show always "network cable unplugged"

Are you using a router?

This would be the way ahead. They are quite cheap now and are wireless.

The other way would be to go into options and allow other computers to access the internet through your computer.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/163147-bridge-show-always-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 84.32%

with an icon of a computer with a red quot X quot over it I do not know what a network cable is or how it could be unplugged because my computer came with wifi I cannot get it to connect to the internet at all My Dell Precision M recently had a Dell Precision unplugged" showing Network laptop cable Connection message,"Local Area computer virus and I Dell Precision laptop showing message,"Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged" ran malware megabytes to try to fix it Malwarebytes did clear my computer of the virus but after a few days of running malwarebytes my laptop gave me a message that it had to shut down to protect itself It said that if I had recently changed any settings on the computer that might be the cause of the shutdown Everytime I turned the computer on it would show the same message and then shut down again I brought it to a computer mechanic He said that malware megabytes got rid of the virus but probably mistook a good file as part of the virus My computer seemed to be shutting down because of a the good file that malware megabytes modified I got my laptop back from the computer guy today It seems to be fixed other than the fact that it won t connect to the internet at all The first time I recieved the message quot Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged quot was after I ran malwarebytes but before I brought it to the computer guy My laptop would often connect to the internet anyway back then I am wondering if malwarebytes might have changed the internet settings Does anyone know how to fix this problem Thank you nbsp

A:Dell Precision laptop showing message,"Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged"

If you don't have an ethernet cable connected then that message is normal. Since you apparently don't use it you can disable the connection in Network Connections to get rid of the nag.

It's impossible to guess what files might have been modified by the malware, the malware fighter, or the computer guy.

Does your wireless adapter appear under Network Adapter in Device Manager as OK? What, if any, warning or errors are there in Device Manager?

Assuming you are using an integrated wireless adapter is it switched on? Can you detect your network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-laptop-showing-message-local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.915461/
Relevancy 84.32%

Ok - I have to admit I am in trouble I recently had a problem with my ethernet connection and I must have this connection as wireless is too slow for some applications I run My wireless works fine My ethernet was working but is now showing as quot network cable unplugged quot when it is not unplugged and works just fine on my work laptop a Dell with Windows XP My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A - S My best friend spent hours trying to help me over the phone - finally had me go buy a Linksys Network Adaptor got it set up and the ethernet was back working until I unplugged the ethernet switched to wireless and played games wireless for a couple hours Did NOT download cable Ever present "network unplugged" anything just played online games Shut down and went to bed Then traveled for work Ever present "network cable unplugged" to a hotel - plugged everything in same cables and same adaptor that were working last night and now it s saying that my Linksys Network Adaptor quot network cable unplugged quot when it bloody well is not Help - I can not call my dear friend he will have a cow Little ol madislander - stranded on the island of computer madness nbsp

Relevancy 84.32%

Got a weird one here I m using Windows XP pro Broadcom Netxtreme Gigabit adapter integrated system is IBM intellistation z pro xeon based scsi HDs etc more details if you think it s relevant "Network Cable Intermittent Unplugged" router Dlink DIR- DSL connection sbc ameritech In short the network adapter CAN connect fine to the router and is able to surf the web check email etc However when Intermittent "Network Cable Unplugged" i attempt to download anything of any larger size like MB or even load web pages content in a rapid fashion the network connection icon displays the quot network cable unplugged quot dialog box at the taskbar connection is interrupted then after a couple seconds connection is re-established This happens only with this computer not with the two laptops or the other desktops It seems that under higher load or increased traffic such as while downloading a file or loading - webpages in abot seconds the adapter hits a kind of bandwidth ceiling and resets things i have tried updated to latest drivers flashed card with latest firmware tried setting all advanced options under configure tab to different values such as the negotiation setting tried full half full half full auto and auto checksum offload MTU flow control WOL etc etc turned on off OS and BIOS power management of network adapter enabled disabled windows firewall enabled disabled QoS any sort of connection speed auto control settings etc in router tried static IP and DHCP both methods behave the same way as described above tried more things im sure things i haven t tried Bypassing the router completely and connecting directly through the DSL modem running a new cable can t remember if this one is cat or cat but again it works fine with my laptop and gets a green light from the problem computer s network adapter can surf web through it up to a point as described above Weird observations and voices in my head Connection always seems to get interrupted and quot cable unplugged quot message after downloading around - megabytes of data This is pretty consistent if i watch download progress bars and mark where this error occurs each time Not based on any intrinsic scientific evidence but it feels gut instinct almost as though this network adapter and this pc as a whole are almost overpowering the router when network traffic to this computer rises and things start blazing leds start flashing and hard drives start rumbling Sounds silly I know but i think someway somehow this computer is trying to suck up bandwidth and data faster than the router wants to let it and the router is saying quot okay sucker you wanna play and bam boots this computer off for - seconds then let s it reconnect quot i still havent been able to find anything in the router settings that would necessarily be tied to this kind of behavior though Any help or additional gut observations welcomed with gratitude As always im happy to provide more information as needed Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 84.32%

hello. my computer continuously says a network cable is unplugged, but in a few seconds it gets reconnected. I figured this out when i was playing Lunia and the screen just froze. My uncle created an identical cable to see if that was the problem, but it just continued. I tried unplugging the cables and restarting the computer to see if that was the problem. Again same thing. I also tried switching the ports on my router also, same bull. My uncle also said it might be the NIC or the network card(whatever those are).Im using a 2001 Dell Dimension E310 and a Westell VersaLink Model 327W. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

A:Windows XP "A Network Cable Is Unplugged"

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. In the Device Manager open the Network Adapters.Right click your network adapter (NIC/Ethernet connector) Take note of it. And go to the Computer Manufacturers support web site and download an updated driver for your Network Adapter and install that. If that still fails you may need to purchase a new PCI NIC card and install that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-a-network-cable-is-unplugged-418857.html
Relevancy 84.32%

Hoping some of the Windows ninjas can help.

Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500 desktop/tower. Hard wired Ethernet from Dlink router to PC.

Had been working great for months. But all of a sudden (yesterday) - getting this message from "Net Connections." Ethernet, network cable unplugged (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller). It's strange because it had been working. The PC has WIFI so it's connecting that way.

Here's what I tried so far:

1. Plugged in Ethernet directly from cable modem. Same error.
2. Connected another device to router. It works.

Seems like it's some kind of issue with PC itself - either hardware failure or driver corruption ? Would there be a problem with deleting the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller in the Control Panel>Network and Internet > Network Connections - restarting and see if that fixes the issue.

Any other suggestions?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51013-network-cable-unplugged-but-plugged.html
Relevancy 84.32%

after doing new clean install of Windows XP, I get message that Network cable is unplugged. It's not unplugged, but no light comes on the back of the NIC showing a connection either. I've tried switching ports on the router, switching cables, switching to a different NIC, and plugging the NIC into a different slot in the computer. Still nothing. Windows recognizes the different NICs I install, but doesn't think any of them are getting plugged in to the router. Ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged-message.56691/
Relevancy 84.32%

Hi I have an Asus laptop EeePC with Windows XP It s been totally trouble-free Suddenly out of the blue there is no Wi-fi the little internet icons on the taskbar have a red X on them and when I put the cursor there the message quot A network cable is unplugged quot appears When I right click on the internet icons on the taskbar and click on quot open network connections quot and right click on the Local Area Connection the menu does not include status or repair as clickable options They are there but dull Under Local Area Connection quot properties quot is listed Atheros AR AR AR P When I click on quot configure quot under Device Status it says quot this device is working properly quot and quot If you are having problems with this device click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter quot I ve opened the quot Driver quot tab and uninstalled the driver but that has not helped When the computer is restarted the same red X appears on the taskbar There is no sign of any wi-fi anywhere I ve gone online on another computer and searched under is network unplugged" wi-fi cable message No "A and quot A network cable is unplugged quot but have not found anything No wi-fi and message "A network cable is unplugged" that helps I hope you can PS perhaps I should mention that I m in an area where there No wi-fi and message "A network cable is unplugged" are a large number of wi-fi connections that appear as well as my own which is working fine otherwise But on my Asus laptop there is no sign of wi-fi nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wi-fi-and-message-a-network-cable-is-unplugged.1157422/
Relevancy 84.32%

Here s the story My wife and I both hook up to a linksys router Until this morning everything worked fine for over a year Suddenly this morning my wife gets quot Network cable is unplugged quot on her onboard network connection I ve tried a known good cable I ve switched ports on the router unplugged" "Network cable a with is twist My machine works on all ports hers gets the message on all ports I ve re-installed latest drivers I ve uninstalled re-installed the network connection under device manager I ve tried disabling the quot detect media source quot "Network cable is unplugged" with a twist registry key I think that s what it was called and several other solutions I ve looked up on the net I tried unplugging the machine for minutes then restarting When a cable is plugged in the link light comes on the card and the router sees the connection but same message Any ideas left I m totally baffled As a kicker I had a hell of a time getting a second NIC card to work once I installed it in her machine too All settings looked good and it should have worked but I couldn "Network cable is unplugged" with a twist t even ping the router After trying the same things times I eventually got it to work though I don t know how I hate computers sometimes Many times I try the same exact thing loads of times and times it doesn t work but the tenth time it will Win XP Pro all altest updates SP Aopen MB with Intel Pro onboard NIC nbsp

A:"Network cable is unplugged" with a twist

Don't feel alone. It has happened to me also with a NIC. I gave up for the night and the next morning it worked without doing anything, which does not make any sense.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-is-unplugged-with-a-twist.263719/
Relevancy 84.32%

I'm having a problem with my D-LINK router...

Starting last night, after I had restarted both of my computers and when I started them back up every few minutes it says in the corner of the screen "A network cable is unplugged"... then it automatically connects again. It's very strange and highly annoying. D-LINK technical support isn't able to help because it's a rare problem... so I'm sorta stuck. I have no idea what could be wrong. I've tried everything.

Thanks.

Relevancy 84.32%

in XP is there anyway to disable that when it says "a network cable is unplugged" besides disabling the lan completly? I have a laptop that I connect to this computer sometimes and that message is annoying

A:disabling "a network cable is unplugged"

I think you would have to disable all balloon tips. You can do this by downloading the XP Power Toy TweakUI and disabling them thru that or just edit the registry.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729&sd=tech

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-a-network-cable-is-unplugged.409965/
Relevancy 83.39%

Hi everybody I suddenly lost the ability to connect to the internet through cable I think it is related to the security update addressing a vulnerability in kerberus http support microsoft com kb I have no idea what it does but I m reasonably sure that it happened just after the update The network connection keeps cycling between quot identifying quot and quot network cable unplugged quot every - seconds I m running windows on an older lenovo laptop and I ve tried rebooting system restore reinstalling the drivers removing lenovo s connectivity program uninstalling the security update manually but all to no avail A thread with a similar problem led me to try changing the quot link speed and duplex quot from quot auto negotiation quot to quot mbps full duplex quot under the advanced tab of the network connection properties this gives me a network connection but no internet access Connecting the cable through the side of the computer changes nothing compared to connection through the docking station I can access the internet just fine through wifi Any ideas Any help will be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Mysterious "Identifying"/"cable unplugged" cycle Internet connection problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mysterious-identifying-cable-unplugged-cycle-internet-connection-problem.1137775/
Relevancy 82.77%

Hello I ve been having a big problem with my network recently I run on Windows XP and I use wireless internet system with my computer directly connected to a router our router is a TEW- BRP TRENDnet the router then redirects internet to my father s computer Our internet comes from "Network is please need Cable help Unplugged" a "Network Cable is Unplugged" need help please tower a few miles away Networking problems have been only affecting my computer and my father says he s never gotten that message but I think that makes sense since he uses about one ethernet cable for internet access and a small receiver The quot Network cable is unplugged quot message appears randomly throughout the day and usually appears more frequently when I "Network Cable is Unplugged" need help please m downloading a large file or loading a very large webpage I have tried many other things to try and solve this Replaced all cables and had all cables tested for faults Updated drivers firmware for NIC card card is Intel Pro PL and router Had "Network Cable is Unplugged" need help please router tested by a local company and they said it looked fine Changed all the duplex settings and tried using each one but they all still gave the unplugged error Disabled UPnP Switched the ports on the cables on the router to check for bad ports Powercycling everything Called ISP they couldn t solve it In my opinion I think it could be the router since we ve been using it for about years and it s gone through quite a few lightning storms or my NIC card has gone bad I m also thinking of taking my computer in to a local company and having them look at the NIC card but I wanted your opinions first I heard that the network card can come loose and we have taken it in to town a few times so it might have come loose slightly I have tried opening up my computer but I have no idea where it is This problem has been going on for almost a year now I didn t think much of it since the internet always came back on in about seconds with some occasional refreshing of the internet But now that I have a lot more homework that requires internet use and I m trying to start playing World of Warcraft it has become quite a hassle Any help is greatly appreciated I m also not very tech-savvy so please try to keep the lingo down Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 82.77%

Hey, i'm about to explode with rage because this is VERY ANNOYING. EVERYTHING is plugged in, the internet on my computer is working fine. However my laptop says "local and internet connection" but only displays the 5 bars now if I go into network configuration. It says everything is connected, yet ALSO says the LAN cable is unplugged, which it isn't. I originally thought this might be a problem with the laptop itself but my dad brought his home from work and it doesn't work either... I've done pretty much everything you can think of doing to fix this problem but nothing is working, so PLEASE help, i'm at the point of begging now =[

A:"unplugged" Network cable

Is the network cable plugged into a live switch or router?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220562-unplugged-network-cable.html
Relevancy 82.77%

when i connect my desktop to the Siemens SpeedStream 2604 Router the link light does not come on and my computer shows my network as being disconnected. also the desktop does not show as being connected. when i connect it straight to the dsl modem it works just fine. so i tried plugging my lap top into the Siemens SpeedStream 2604 Router and it works on all 4 ports. i have tried restarting everything and i still cant get the desktop to link with the router. i have set it to auto detect ip. i have used this router on my desktop before with no problems, any help would be helpfull, thanks in advance

Relevancy 82.77%

I have a Sony Vaio Vgc-rb40 with XP. A couple of days ago we had bad storms at work. After the storms, it wouldnt connect and stated "a network cable is unplugged." I took it home and got the same result.

I tried enable/disable, ran spyware, restored to a cpl days prior, changed the link speed, renstalled the drivers, swapped cables, ipconfig /release and renew....nothing...the device manager said its ok...

i do not have a separate card for the ethernet - it is directly attached to the mobo...

assuming the ethernet port is fried, should i buy a 10/100-usb adapter and run it tha way? Or try to thave the port repaired? or just buy a new machine?

lastly, everything else is working fine on the computer. thank you very much.

A:"A network cable is unplugged"

Uhh... it sure sounds like the network adapter on the MB got toasted by the storm.

Personally, I'd buy a PCMCIA adapter, not a USB adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-network-cable-is-unplugged.729613/
Relevancy 82.77%

Hi I Cable "Network Unplugged" is ve had a problem for a "Network Cable is Unplugged" while now Everytime I game or download or even surf the net after a while I "Network Cable is Unplugged" get a quot Network Cable is Unplugged quot message and my internet router and modem disconnects and reconnects within the span of a few seconds I have tried buying a new wireless router and updating its firmware to see if that was the problem and it was not I tried switching the ethernet cables and it failed Lastly I called my ISP and asked for a new modem but the problem still persists It is really annoying anyone have any ideas Thanks P S Someone suggested to me that I should try to plug the modem straight into my computer I did and it works fine so they told me it was the Network adapter on the computer I m routing to But this problem still occurs when the other computer is off could the adapter be the problem thanks nbsp

Relevancy 82.77%

Starting today, I've been having major problems with the internet on one of my computers. I'm currently using a cable modem with an ethernet cable connected to the ethernet card. My old computer says that a "network cable is unplugged", but it isn't. I have tried restarting the computer, updating the drivers for the ethernet card, and I have also scanned for viruses and spyware; none of which solved the problem. I know the problem is not the modem or the ethernet cable because the internet works on my new computer next to it with the same modem and cables. What else could I try? Or am I dealing with a faulty ethernet card?

A:"Network Cable Unplugged" but isn't

goto network connections, right click on local area connection and select proerties.

On the general tab, click the configuartion button. Then select the advanced tab.

You will see a list of things in a white colum on the left side. There should be one that says link speed or something of that nature. highlight that and then in the value box select 10 full duplex, see if that lets you connect to the cable modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-cable-unplugged-but-isnt.364992/
Relevancy 82.77%

Hi I need help I have Identical Dell PC s running XP SP along with a Wireless laptop They are networked using a Dlink The PC s are hardwired while the Laptop is - cable network Help "a unplugged" is Wireless The laptop works fine Help - "a network cable is unplugged" but the PC at times almost always start getting this little popup on the lower right hand that says quot a network cable is unplugged quot it stays on for about seconds then disappears seconds later it reappears This only happens on the PC s I have tried everything checked and changed cards settings returned and repurchased a new router replaced cables reformatted both pc s and reinstalled software this worked for about days the they reappeared I have checked for viruses I use Norton I alsoran adaware and spybot I checked the modem I seems to only happen when connected to the router I don t seem to get it when I wire a single PC directly to the modem Anyway I have looked all over the internet and have not found a answer HELP BTW my pc s continue to work fine only the interuption disconnects my kids from chat at times and I sometimes have to hit a link twice to launch it HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP nbsp

Relevancy 82.77%

Hello I sure hope you guys can help me I m Not. Cable It's "Network Unplugged" Please But Help! working on a Gateway GP - c desktop PC running Windows XP Pro SP with mb of RAM The Internet access was fine until about a week ago "Network Cable Unplugged" But It's Not. Please Help! At that point the computer could no longer get online I checked the Device Manager and saw that the Network Adapter D-Link DFE- TX had a red X next to it I tried uninstalling and re-installing the device but that didn t work - the red X remained There are no other devices installed under quot Network Adapters quot So I downloaded a new driver for the device and installed it That seemed to do the trick because the red X disappeared However I still can t get online because now when I check the Network Connection status it says quot Network Cable Unplugged quot It didn t say that prior to the installation of the new driver I tried various network cables going into various different plugs in the router - still nothing The router quot sees quot the connection and there is a green light on the back of the PC next to the network plug Here is something of interest This is the only network connection that appears in the Network Connections window When I look at the properties of this connection it says this in the quot Connect Using quot window Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC But the Device Manager says D-Link DFE- TX Could that be the problem If so how can I fix this I have to run out for a few hours and do a job but I ll be back by late afternoon and I ll check for responses right away Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 103.2%

Dear Experts,

I have the same issue as mentioned in the following thread, but none of the solutions working for me.

Plugged In Ethernet Cable Not Detected

I had this problem before in windows xp long back and the dry reboot worked

This driver was working in Windows xp but it is not working in Windows 7, it just worked for 1 min then it disconnected. I tried dry reboot, i updated the driver but it is not working.

Looking forward for the help.

Marvell Yukon 88E8040

Laptop = Dell Inspiron 1545
windows 7 64 bit

thanks
Nasim

A:Marvell Yukon 88E8040 LAN Connection states "Cable Unplugged"

What does ipconfig/all show? Are all the addresses the same as usual?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223214-marvell-yukon-88e8040-lan-connection-states-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Hello dear community Now i've tried to fix this error myself for countless of days this quite common problem The error is following My computer now and then doesnt recognize that i've got a ethernet cable plugged in to my computer The internet work all times on all of the other computers in the home network problem, windows Common unplugged" "cable error 7 OS win Common problem, "cable unplugged" error windows 7 NIC intel r dc- gigabit network connection I've tried to disable IPV adress updated drivers and some other stuff And when I tried the option to change the link duplex from auto to fixed it worked Sometimes it worked at mb then it lost connection to the cable and I changed it to gig and it work again And when gig didnt work i changed back to aso This worked for about - weeks Then suddenly it couldnt find the cable in neither of the options So I tried the good old plugg out modem router computer and let it be offline for some hours and then put it on again I tried this several times each day for a week changed to all varies of duplex each time Then suddenly it worked again for hours then it died AGAIN Now ive been cut from the internet for some days on my desktop computer again Needless to say im getting pretty frustrated So after this time I give up I need you expert help Do you have any clue what to do Best wishes Simon

A:Common problem, "cable unplugged" error windows 7

Hi Myris, and welcome to SF.

Have you tried another network card in the problem pc as a test?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208449-common-problem-cable-unplugged-error-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Last night my internet was working perfectly and I closed my computer lid before going to sleep as usual This morning I wake up to use my computer and the internet isn t working I check the icon at the top and instead of showing an empty wireless meter with an X over it it shows a computer and a cable with an X over it which isn t normal My laptop Unplugged Wireless Adapter's Built-in "Cable" is is an Acer Aspire with a built in wireless adapter and it has a button near the power button that turns the adapter on and off I decided to turn it off give it a while and turn it on but that didn t fix it so I restarted the computer Now when I try to Built-in Wireless Adapter's "Cable" is Unplugged turn it on an off it gives the wireless symbol with a circled X Built-in Wireless Adapter's "Cable" is Unplugged over it I have checked the device in Device Manager to see if it is working and it says it is working properly Built-in Wireless Adapter's "Cable" is Unplugged So I uninstalled it restarted and the computer automatically installed software like it should but that didn t fix it I tried a System Restore but that didn t work as well Another thing I should mention is that I have tried rolling back the driver which didn t fix anything then I updated it which also didn t fix anything Is there anything else I should try The only thing Diagnostics can detect is an unplugged cable but it s built in so it doesn t require a cable I ve had it for gt year and this is the first problem I ve had Edit I downloaded Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and it says no wireless adapters can be found I think this may be the problem Is there a way to fix this nbsp

A:Built-in Wireless Adapter's "Cable" is Unplugged

Welcome to TSG:
If the wireless switch does not turn the adapter on,I might suspect a wireless adapter gone South.
But,let's make sure that all necessary tasks are up.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser (computer browser will start when needed)
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
• WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
• Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic
If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

Does your user's manual give you any clues as to how,if at all,you can access the adapter and just check it for connections ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/built-in-wireless-adapters-cable-is-unplugged.997023/
Relevancy 101.48%

I tried to connect to pc s both running XP with a cat cable via direct connection but when I plug in the cable XP gives a message quot network cable unplugged quot The following may help I connected the pcs via a connection "Cable says: between XP unplugged" 2 Direct PC's. hub and everything worked fine I connected the first pc via direct cable connection with my asus eee laptop also running XP and it worked fine I also connected the second pc with my laptop and it also worked I also tried other different cables but with the same Direct connection between 2 PC's. XP says: "Cable unplugged" result cable unplugged Both pc s are quite old years both are freshly formatted and not connected to the internet Both pcs are virus free checked with Bitdefender Total Security and AVG When i try to ping the other pc when the pcs are connected via direct cable connection I get quot Destination unreachable I have set up s of networks without a problem but this thing is new I hope there is someone out there who can help Thanx nbsp

A:Direct connection between 2 PC's. XP says: "Cable unplugged"

are you using a cross over connection - some new connections will auto detect, but older connections will not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/direct-connection-between-2-pcs-xp-says-cable-unplugged.784443/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello all and thank you in advance hopefully Well last night I tried to get on the internet and it said quot Internet Cable Unplugged quot The problem with this is it is actually plugged in Currently i m hooked up to a Cable "Internet issue Unplugged" router linksys and all of my other internet connections my sister s laptop which I am currently on and my ipod touch connect perfectly I ve had no "Internet Cable Unplugged" issue power failures or any reason to believe this is a hardware failure I have a very good feeling this has nothing to do with hardware I ve tried switching around cable cords such as mixing and matching from router to computer computer to router modem to router etc The funny thing about this is when I try to direct connect my modem to my computer it doesn t work but when I connect it back into my router the internet seems to quot jump start quot for example when I double click on my connection It actually shows quot packets received sent quot I think this has happened before multiple times actually and i ve usually attributed it to not paying the internet bill but i ve called comcast and they have reaffirmed that I have actually payed and this is not the problem There is a chance that this is a hardware problem being internet chords router modem etc but I STRONGLY disagree with this Like I am sure it has nothing to do with my hardware because hours ago my internet was running fine and all of a sudden it just stopped working Please any help at all It s much appreciated -Josh nbsp

Relevancy 93.31%

Hello Folks wave I am new here and hoping for some help with this insanity I have a machine network and I just recently Unplugged" Madness "Network switched to Comcast from a dsl connection Perhaps it just coincidence but when I switched I started getting quot Network cable unplugged quot balloons and losing internet connectivity I am wondering if there is a virus that does this as I am having a hard time believing "Network Unplugged" Madness all my NICS Cables and routers are all bad all of a sudden I have tried different cables switched NICS and have Barricade routers both SMC The problem is intermittent and when the message ballon is flashing all my lights are green seemingly I am connected but no access I just reformatted a machine for a friend and plugged into the router to pass over some files and instantly got the Unplugged message I am not a guru but have experience with these boxes but really I am at a loss to find out what s doing this All machines are running XP and ran problem free untill aforementioned service switch Also when I log into the Barricade to see what numbers are there my subnet mask is while all my NICS have Is this normal I thought they should match and was wondering where the router was pulling it s numbers from Any help with this will be appreciated Thx for reading e nbsp

A:"Network Unplugged" Madness

So you router or whatever your PC's are using as their gateway has an active DHCP scope? Do you know the IP address of the router? Can you ping it from each PC? If not try the following:
On each PC, in the NIC properties under TCP\IP make sure they are all set to obtain IP address and DNS automatically. Then in a command prompt on each PC type ipconfig /release (followed by) ipconfig /renew
They should all get an IP address from the router (if properly configured) and you can check by doing an ipconfig /all afterwards on each PC.

Try this first and if you're still stuck we'll go from there.

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-unplugged-madness.70502/
Relevancy 89.01%

Linksys WRT g Wireless router with a Linksys port workgroup switch on my end so that I can operate three computers at my desk There IS an ethernet line plugged into the ethernet port on my new windows vista PC I run primarily windows xp but Plug Area a adapter the network Connection" cable "Local into got stuck with vista Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" on this new beast because they wouldn't sell the package without it My only copy of xp Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" is for dell so I can't install it on an eMachines I won't run windows k on this one because it won't run some of the programs I use So the network is composed of mostly xp and one or windows k computers there are a LOT of computers on this LAN All I want is to get this stinking POS connected again and by again I mean I was playing world of warcraft on it less than hours ago It worked GREAT If somebody could tell me what this CRAP operating system just did to 'FORGET' how to connect to my network I would really appreciate it

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"

I HATE VISTA

I restarted the computer and it ate itself. I'm having to do a clean install 12 hours after getting it set up in the first place.

can somebody help me with this so it doesn't happen AGAIN?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-213588.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hey, so I have a problem and although i'm terrible at describing computer problems I'll give it my best shot. So one day I turn on my HP Pavilion dv6000 with Windows Vista x64 Ultimate and the internet would not work and it had been the previous day. The wireless connection switch is turned on and the light is blue, not orange, but my computer will not detect any networks. My little brother has an HP desktop with the same OS but he is not having problems connecting or finding the network so the problem is obviously internal to my computer. WHen i diagnose and repair it...i get the message: "plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"." Again my connection is wireless and i have no idea how to fix this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/211407-plug-cable-into-network-adapter-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 89.01%

how do i do that?
all the computers in my house are connection to the internet except for mine.
help please!

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"

what make and model of computer do you have do you have the user guide if so it will tell you if not need make model etc ie is it a laptop or desk top but this may help the cable you need is called a rj45 it looks like a large telephone plug and their is only one place it will fit so if you have a cable a little trial and error will help find it just do not force anything in anywhere

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-329894.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Here at work, for some months, I've been connected to my company's LAN by ethernet cable, and I could also connect to the WiFi in our office (run by our joint venture partner company). All that would happen is that as soon as I connected to the WiFi, that network became my "primary" one, i.e. if I went to check my external IP, it would be the WiFi one that would show up, and I'd have trouble connecting Outlook, etc, since my PC now thought I was on a different network).

The last few days, however, I can't connect to the WiFi at all. It finds the network, but constantly just says "Waiting For Network". However if I pull the ethernet cable out of the PC (i.e. disconnect from my company's LAN), I can them connect to the WiFi no bother.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 89.01%

Hi there, eyeryone.

I have been trying to get my internet working on my eMachines W3400 computer. It is currently running Windows XP Media Center 2002, but the problem is that, when I plug the ethernet cable into my modem, a balloon pops up saying that a network cable is disconnected.

I have tried upgrading the driver, restarting the computer, and the sort, but nothing comes up. When running ipconfig /all, all that comes up is the physical address, that the media is disconnected, and that the adapter is a Realtek RTL8139.

Any help?

A:Problems with Realtek RTL8139 Ethernet Adapter: "Network cable disconnected"

Probably a defective cable, defective NIC or maybe defective whatever is connected at the other end of the cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-realtek-rtl8139-ethernet-adapter-network-cable-disconnected.1010613/
Relevancy 89.01%

computer is intel, Msi
B75MA-E33,

all drivers are installed, and re installed.

I put in a new graphics card, and all of a sudden , it has stopped working.
I am using a wireless adapter and turned wireless on my modem to use the internet.

I prefer wired internet from the ethernet cable though - this has "broken"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380391-wired-ethernet-cable-not-working-network-adapter-not-found-red-cross.html
Relevancy 89.01%

i am trying to access internet through sony ericsson naite on Laptop(OS- VISTA). i had installed pc suite for trying to access internet with usb cable and bluetooth. Mobile is properly connect with pc (laptop) but i can't access internet.
when click connect internet option in pc suite i get message "Plug a cable into network adapter "local area connection" or get ip automatically". it try to configure manually and many trick on net, i failed to access net. operating system vista(updated).

Help me with steps please..

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268312-plug-cable-into-network-adapter-local-area-connection-get-ip-automatically.html
Relevancy 88.58%

"Network cable uplugged" message intermittantly. Tried some fixes I googled. Still occurs. Windows XP sp2, 5 year old Dell puter. Have a linksys router that networks with another desktop. No such messages or service disruptions noted on the remote computer. Any ideas? Thanks tons in advance!

A:Solved: "Network cable uplugged" ARRRGH!! ^#$^$#%^$

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-cable-uplugged-arrrgh.841864/
Relevancy 88.15%

I have an HP a f Intel Pentium Dual CPU bit operating system with a NVIDIA nForce Ethernet card and Netgear Wireless-G Router for the Toshiba laptop My internet connection has been working just fine on BOTH computers Recently JUST THE HP will "Local cable internet Plug a network Lost the - Error into Area Connection" adapter not connect to the internet saying quot plug a cable into the network adapter local Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet area connection quot I have tried various repairs to diagnose where the issue is occurring and think it might be something to do with an HP update that may have messed something up or a driver issue After taking the router out of the loop trying a new ethernet cable etc I m thinking either drivers port or card I have Windows Vista and have searched various forums and tried several quot solutions quot to no avail Any ideas I am communicating thru my laptop s internet connection so I am limited to the quot Diagnose amp Repair quot options on my HP with NO INTERNET CONNECTION -ruled out router issue -tried different ethernet cords -researched error in System Diagnostics Report Microsoft to adapter is reporting quot tv configMgrErr quot -unchecked ipv internet protocol -several restarts -Network Sharing Center - checked properties of quot local area connection quot Desktop OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium Dual CPU E GHz Processor Count RAM GB RAM Hard Drives C Free - MB Antivirus Norton Enabled Some updates recently failed due to loss of internet connection C Users Robbi AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Robbi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - - -AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes amp Thanks in advance for any assistance offered Robbi nbsp

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-error-lost-internet.949907/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I am having this issue and have been searching online for days with no solution, so hoping someone here can help..
I have a dell laptop that suddenly started getting this message about network cable is unplugged, when it in fact isn't.. I cannot run ipconfig, i get an error that says it's not allowed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. The light on the network port is on, and I've tried several known working cables with no luck. I even went so far as to buy a dlink ethernet adapter that plugs into the laptop slot (pcm I think it's called) and this network card has the same issue, however works perfectly in another machine. I have tried winsock repairs I found online, but having no luck anywhere.
Any suggestions? Any further questions? Thanks!

John

A:Network cable unplugged error, but it's not unplugged

If it is not unplugged, you have a damaged socket, damaged cable, or damaged or defective ethernet card.
What error flags to you have in the Device Manager?
What is your Dell model and how old is it?
Using a strong light and a magnifying glass, look for bent or twisted wire in the ethernet socket., or just plain ol dirt, dust, hair, and fiber.
Still, a bad cable is most user's most likely problem. Do't forget that the other end of the connection can give you the same error message.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-error-but-its-not-unplugged.133483/
Relevancy 84.28%

--Love the website motto stupid questions are easiest to solve I am running Win x on a newly installed non-laptop MSI ZH A-G motherboard with i - I spent a couple of days ensuring that I had device" unplugged" "device Thumb "unknown drive installed all of Thumb drive "unknown device" "device unplugged" the drivers including the chipset facilitated by MSI s LiveUpdate I have a simple USB thumb drive I take it to my roommate s VISTA computer--it plugs in just fine I cleaned rewrote read I did a check for errors scan in properties it is FAT formatted with default allocation size I plug it into my computer detailed at top I am not even getting a common problem-- quot unrecognized USB device quot It does not even know that it is USB apparently--I get an error box from the system tray TITLED Driver Software Installation Device driver software was not successfully installed ---- unknown device fat red X Device unplugged unidentified device fat red X Device unplugged ---- nonsense help links from MSFT CLOSE box SIDE-EFFECTS There is a small led on the thumb drive that shines steady assumably indicating something is wrong nevertheless power is present normally it flashes on and off a couple of times when recognized on VISTA computer yes I tried multiple USB plugins on front and back of tower-case I hear an audible quot g-dunk quot sound every second The Device Manager window though functional and operational briefly flashes in response to every g-dunk a second later INTERESTINGLY I finally tried plugging the non-USB -year-old device into either of my USB ports I get no error window no install no function no side-effects except the led illumination ATTEMPTED Multiple google searches and tech forums I ran sfc -- microsoft s system file checker The device cannot be enabled disabled uninstall drivers--not present in Device Manager I SHOWED hidden devices including the simple CMD prompt to SHOW Uninstalled the USB Root Hubs and Generic USB Hubs in Device Manager rebooted MSI CommandCenter shows all voltages stable Voltage also stable V V CPU-IO Vcore I even contacted PNY manufacturer for advice--they responded that this is a simple USB device and there are no device drivers manufacturer-specific to this USB thumb drive Since I admitted that it works in roommate s system--they blame the other system--soft or hardware nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi
I've come back home on holiday from university and am having trouble with reconnecting to my home wireless network.

When I started uni, I had to change settings on my browser(Firefox) and computer to connect to the university network. The instructions for which or here if they are any help (Configure your laptop/PC :: Wireless Access at Aberdeen - DIT, University of Aberdeen click on windows7).

Currently, the wireless network I'm trying to connect to is a BTHomeHub with "shared" "WEP" settings. What do my computer settings need to be for this?

Hopefully someone can help, thanks :)

A:Unable to get "Computer network settings" to match "requirements of the Network"

Go to Start/Search and type inetcpl.cpl right click the inetcpl.cpl icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. go to /Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Search and type ncpa.cpl right click the ncpa.cpl icon and Run As Administrator. now Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP IPV4)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD.exe icon and choose Run As Administrator. In the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-get-computer-network-settings-to-match-requirements-of-the-network-610116.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I am running Windows 10 Insider build 14332 and had issues setting up home group. After running the home group troubleshooter, my ethernet and wifi adaptors got renamed to "Ethernet 2" and "Wi-Fi 2" respectively.
I am unable to rename it now. It shows an error "Cannot rename this connection. A connection with the name that you specified already exists. Specify a different name."
My internet is working fine but I am finding these names a bit annoying. I have seared online for similar issues but the solutions haven't worked for me.

A:"Wi-Fi" shown as "Wi-Fi 2" in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

The devices are still in the device manager but not connected.
These are hidden devices.
To much here to tell you how.
Search for hidden devices, device manager to find how to remove them
This has been around since XP

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/423793-wi-fi-shown-wi-fi-2-control-panel%5Cnetwork-internet%5Cnetwork-connections.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi folks. This is after doing an upgrade from Server 2008 to Server 2008 R2 mind you. Not sure if that matters.

I was having problems with RDPing to my Win7 clients so I checked that remote desktop was enabled. When doing so I saw that it informed me that I had to allow rdp access in the firewall which I know had been done before. After looking around I realized that my network profile had been changed to "Public". I also noticed that my active network shows as "unauthenticated". What does this mean and how can I fix this? How did this happen? Thanks.

A:Network shows as "Unauthenticated"....Changed my network profile to "Public"

How many DCs are there in the domain?
I suggest that you remove the Windows 7 computer from the AD, and exit the Windows 7 computer from domain. Then, re-join the computer to the domain. How does it work now?
If the issue persists, please temporary disable the firewall on both computers. Also, please check if Network Location Awareness service is enabled on the server and Windows 7 computers.Arthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca343a3c-c61e-4816-9a96-d973386db2e2/network-shows-as-quotunauthenticatedquotchanged-my-network-profile-to-quotpublicquot?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello everyone how are you!

I have a question, actually I'm development a application for sharing internet connection. I'm using "Wireless Hosted Network and Internet Connection Sharing" that it's in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd815252%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I want change default IP Address range and I have read that these settings it's in next address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters.

My question is, How I can restart or update the "Internet Connection Shraring" or "Wireless Hosted Network" after I change the IP Address range for that assign IP Address different to default.

Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cad8769-ac99-4437-8b52-752a0cf85da9/restart-or-update-the-quotinternet-connection-shraringquot-or-quotwireless-hosted?forum=netmon
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP get - Network wifi get a also "connected" I connecting to - Access" "Unidentified caf Internet Although I When No at with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is no Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-i-get-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there is no caf a Network although also - get No I When "connected" - Access" connecting at Internet "Unidentified to wifi Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-quotunidentified?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.27%

Does anybody know how I can change these icons?

I changed the default icon for the network one in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C} but it didn't change.
Appreciate any help,

B

A:Changing "Computer" and "Network" icons in explorer navigation pane

Hello, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could use the method in the tutorial below to change the icon of "Computer" and "Network" to what you like, and have it applied everywhere in Windows.

Desktop Icons - Change or Restore Default Icon

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/351478-changing-computer-network-icons-explorer-navigation-pane.html
Relevancy 81.27%

This is a question for information about why my networking problem finally was resolved I have four PC s on my network one Windows and three Windows XP The Windows PC always sees all three of the other computers However the Windows XP computers sometimes don t see the other XP computers when I press My Network Places Quite by accident I discovered that "View when Network Places" Why "My does Workgroup Computers" doesn't? work if I press View Workgroup Computers then ALL the other PC s in the network DO show up Furthermore if I click through quot View Workgroup Computers quot and access edit a file on one of the other computers then this computer will ALSO show up in My Network Places This behavior seems to be quite consistent and works every time I have tried it Apparently this is a workaround to the long vexing problem of why Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? my networked PC s sometimes don t show up under My Network Places My question why does View Workgroup Computers apparently always show all the networked PC s when My Network Places does so only intermittently or sometimes not at all Thanks for Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? any response Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-does-view-workgroup-computers-work-when-my-network-places-doesnt-487868.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi everyone, this morning I turned on the PC to do the usual stuff but I could not connect to my internet with the error "Unidentified Network - Limited". After trying to troubleshoot my ethernet I get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". After troubleshooting didn't work I took to the web. I literally tried every solution I found... to no avail. This brings me to extra frustration since I only built my PC last thursday.

System Specs: CPU; AMD A6-6400K
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M
RAM: Kingston 8GB
Storage: 2x 1tb WD Blue
GPU; Gigabyte GTX 650
PSU: Corsair 600w
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95
Case: Corsair 200r
Operating system: Windows 8

IPConfig /all: (Will get when I find something to transfer over the info)

A:"Unidentified Network - Limited" and "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-limited-and-ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration.1113621/
Relevancy 81.27%

G day all I am hoping someone may be able to tell me why my local folders appear under quot The Internet quot Local Places" Solved: opening Network appear "My Folders "The as Internet"when on one of our work computers rather than under quot Local Network quot We have four machines running XP Home and one running XP Pro The front machine has XP Home on it and I cannot open any Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" of the shared folders for this machine on any of the other three machines even though they all have the same workgroup name Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" They are all connected via CAT cable and we have a Netcomm NB ADSL modem router a Netcomm V Telephone Adapter VOIP modem and an port switch in the boss s office And the front computer s folder s and drives that I have chosen to be shared are listed under quot The Internet quot Does anyone know why this is and how I would go about correcting it Thankyou for your help and time Aaron nbsp

A:Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-folders-appear-as-the-internet-when-opening-my-network-places.578697/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, I have a brand new Dell Precision Workstation with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I have not been able to connect to networks or the internet. It does not recognize that it is plugged into the network/internet via an ethernet cable. The computer has a Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet adapter which appears to be detected and running normally. However it says "network cable unplugged" even though it is fully plugged in. Does anyone know of a solution or what the problem may be?

A:Network cable unplugged message when using ethernet cable

Is that your only connection? What is your network setup? Are you running through a router or a switch?

Try another cable. That one may be bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121044-network-cable-unplugged-message-when-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello Since last night my LAN connection has been giving me the error quot Network cable unplugged quot I have tried swapping the cable with another swapping the ports on the router restarting the router power cycling the router turning off the router and my computer and in Network is error: plugged cable Unplugged Cable then turning them back on and nothing has worked My computer has two network connections Realtek PCIe Network Cable Unplugged error: cable is plugged in GBE Family Controller and a Hamachi network which the computer is using but not getting Internet on of course - I assume because it isn't giving a network cable unplugged error This is the network controller that comes on my Gigabyte MA X-UD P motherboard and it has the latest driver from the manufacturer's site In the device manager it says that the device is working properly There is a green light under the ethernet cable on the router but not where it attaches to the motherboard I can't remember if there was one before or not though The Realtek Diagnostics Tool says the following IP Address Connection NAme Local Area Network Link Status Disconnected It has a tab for Cable diagnostics which says the following Pair Length Status - Normal - Normal - Normal - Short When I run diagnostics Register Mac Loopback PHY Loopback IRQ and FIFO all pass Here is what ipconfig all says Primary Dns Suffix Node type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - d- d-eb-b DHCP yes Autoconfig Yes Then it has the Hamachi connection a Tunnel adapter isatap numbers another Tunnel adapter isatap different numbers Tunnel Adapter LAN and Tunnel adapter T Adapter I've tried plugging the ethernet cable into another computer instead of the router to see if it detects an Unknown Network but it still says unplugged Running the Windows Diagnostics asks me if it's plugged in I click next step and that's all it offers It was working yesterday It might have updated If not the only thing I can think of that changed on our network which admittedly consists of a lot of things at the moment two smart phones a macbook two laptops three desktops - one of them being the one having the problem - a Nintendo DS and two Wiis is that we just hooked up one of the Wiis to Nintendo's WiFi Center yesterday for the first time On the router's home page it views my computer's status as quot offline quot I checked its dedicated IP and made sure none of the others overlapped and they don't The computer in question cannot access the router which is a wire Gateway Oof any ideas

A:Network Cable Unplugged error: cable is plugged in

Quote: Originally Posted by sodivided

It has a tab for Cable diagnostics, which says the following (Pair/Length/Status):

1-2 0 Normal
3-6 115 Normal
4-5 0 Normal
7-8 191 Short

Have you tried a different network cable? Your diags here say you have a short on 7-8.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60308-network-cable-unplugged-error-cable-plugged.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I recently upgraded a computer that i haven t used in a couple years to XP SP from WinMe after the upgrade i installed all the new drivers and a wireless card The computer is a compaq persario desktop The wireless card when installed says it is working and connects to the router with no problem but when an explore is open it fails to bring in the information I then patched in a cable and the internet works but with a constant pop up that LAN Connection Probelms Windows Unplugged" with Intenet Xp "LAN2 is Unplugged the connection speed is very slow and constantly asked if i want to work off line I have ran several virus scan on the computer and picked up several Trojans that i think i Probelms with Windows Xp Intenet Connection "LAN2 Unplugged" have taken care of but yet the problem persist I have tried the patch Probelms with Windows Xp Intenet Connection "LAN2 Unplugged" cables on other computers around the house and they all work fine So the cables are fine I Probelms with Windows Xp Intenet Connection "LAN2 Unplugged" have tried different cables I have searched the forums for solutions but have yet to find one that would work with the computer here are my windows stats Compaq Persario with proccesor mb of ram Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings default gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name me Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description NETGEAR FA Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - F-B - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday October P M Lease Expires Sunday October PM C Documents and Settings default gt ipconfig all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/probelms-with-windows-xp-intenet-connection-lan2-unplugged.644455/
Relevancy 80.84%

orginaly posted in the wrong forum sorry I recently upgraded a computer that i haven t used in a couple years to XP SP from WinMe after the upgrade i installed all the new Windows with Xp Connection Intenet "LAN2 Unplugged" Probelms drivers and a wireless card The computer is a compaq persario desktop The wireless card when installed says it is working and connects to the router with no Probelms with Windows Xp Intenet Connection "LAN2 Unplugged" problem but when an explore is open it fails to bring in the information I then patched in a cable and the internet works but with a constant pop up that LAN is Unplugged the connection speed is very slow and constantly asked if i want to work off line I have ran several virus scan on the computer and picked up several Trojans that i think i have taken care of but yet the problem persist I have tried the patch cables Probelms with Windows Xp Intenet Connection "LAN2 Unplugged" on other computers around the house and they all work fine So the cables are fine I have tried different cables I have searched the forums for solutions but have yet to find one that would work with the computer here are my windows stats Compaq Persario with proccesor mb of ram Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings default gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name me Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description NETGEAR FA Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - F-B - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday October P M Lease Expires Sunday October PM C Documents and Settings default gt ipconfig all nbsp

A:Probelms with Windows Xp Intenet Connection "LAN2 Unplugged"

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/probelms-with-windows-xp-intenet-connection-lan2-unplugged.644462/
Relevancy 80.84%

After I finished transferred some files across from external hard drive to laptop and I used a picture from external hard drive as my background desktop but when I tried to click "Safely "remove it said there were programs running yet I have nothing transferring/connecting from external hard drive to laptop then I unplugged the USB device.

I did noticed when I removed the external hard drive my background picture was gone when I went to change themes, I'm worried so Can this damage to the laptop/external hard drive or corrupt software

A:I unplugged my external hard drive without "Safely Remove" Can this da

That thing about programs using the drive happens a lot with my Toshiba lappy.
Unless you've changed any of the default hardware policies for the external drive (most of them won't even allow you to), unplugging without ejecting should not be a problem. Nevertheless, whenever you are unable to eject, it is better to wait till you turn off the computer before unplugging.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
J

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276766-i-unplugged-my-external-hard-drive-without-safely-remove-can-da.html
Relevancy 80.84%

This has happened at lease twice before. My Dell XPS was unplugged from the charger, and I locked it and closed it and at least 15 min later there was an unexpected shutdown. I know this because when I re-open the laptop, the computer is off and Windows tell me there was unexpected shutdown.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

A:Closed laptop (unplugged from charger), a while later "Unexpected Shutdown"

Maybe your laptop has its power settings set to - Shut Down when Lid is Closed (when on battery power).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/closed-laptop-unplugged-from-charger-a-while-later-unexpected-shutdown-585394.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.84%

When I use the netsh command to set and start the "Hosted Network", I can set the settings fine, but starting the hosted network yields "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.". I have already tried the fix where you enable the "Virtual Adapter" device in device manager, but it did not change anything.
On the flip side, using the "Mobile Hotspot" option inside of the settings starts fine and works correctly.
I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 Anniversary Edition (build 14393) on a Dell Inspiron 7558. The wireless networking card is dual-band 802.11ac.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/443964-why-does-mobile-hotspot-work-but-not-netsh-hosted-network.html
Relevancy 80.84%

The control panel opens fine. I can access all items in the control panel
except "Network and sharing center" and the "User accounts" (I can't access this sections via the taskbar either).

What happens when I open one of the two items is I get a popup saying the
following; WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING.

I used to be able to access these items. And one day, I just coulodn't anymore...

Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks.

I'm using Vista Ultimate x64

A:Can't access "Network and Sharing Center" nor "User Accounts"

Hello Newbie,

See if running a sfc /scannow can find and fix bad system files that may be responsible for this.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/187690-cant-access-network-sharing-center-nor-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Srry i know this post is a bit old but i recently just got this problem i can access the internet fine but i cant access my network settings, user settings, or see the the properties of my pc. i tried running your solution Brink but the scannow showed

"Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow
Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.
C:\Windows\system32>"

i then ran sfc /verifyonly but got the same answer.

i then ran findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt. and the txt file came up blank.

idk wat to do rite now i am at my witts end.

A:Can't access "Network and Sharing Center" nor "User Accounts"

Hello Jayrrus, and welcome to Vista Forums.

I would recommend that you use Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper to scan your system with at boot to help make sure that your system is malware free first.

Afterwards, you might see if you may be able to do a system restore at boot using a restore point dated before you had these issues to see if that may be able to fix them.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292657-cant-access-network-sharing-center-nor-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, when I type in my address in I.E./Windows Explorer I can see the folder that I shared on the lan but I also get two extra folders "Printers and Faxes" and "Scheduled Tasks". How do I get rid of them?

Also, is it possible to limit users to download 1 file at a time from me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-scheduled-tasks-and-printers-and-faxes-from-network.104763/
Relevancy 80.84%

i don't know if i am missing something or it is a bug on w10.
i click "add new bluetooth device" and then i can pair a lumia, ok. i can see my phone in "join personal area network" window.
if i try to pair the phone from "join personal area network" window i can see it in bluetooth devices list but not in "join personal area network" window.
so... it is a bug?! did i make anything wrong?! what is the difference between "add new bluetooth device" and "join personal area network" on w10?! what is "join personal area network" used for?!
thanks

A:"add new bluetooth device" vs "join personal area network"

Most likely a bug with your Windows phone, not Windows 10. Microsoft is not supporting the Lumia line that well. It does help when you ask for help, that you also post the model of the phone, what OS version it is running, along with screenshots or logs of what is wrong.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39561-add-new-bluetooth-device-vs-join-personal-area-network.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I need to know this since windows thinks that my monitor gets unplugged when I turn it off and use displayport (DP) as a media to transfer the image. This will be a big issue for windows if its not fixed soon since DP more or less always registers as "unplugged"
when the monitor is off.
Any1 know a solution to this problem? its bad when u need to change the resolution back to normal each time you start the computer and forgett to start one of the monitors...

A:Auto detect "unplugged monitor", where to turn off?

This is controlled by your video driver, not Windows!
The problem lies with the video driver.Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/579e675f-9246-4205-bfd8-5bfcd1bdf4e6/auto-detect-quotunplugged-monitorquot-where-to-turn-off?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi
Please help. I have a band new PCwhich was working fine yesterday.
but today I come to use it and the sound has vanished.
I go through all the checks (the speakers work still, its not muted,correct ones are selected, all the drivers are ok and upto date) so I run the trouble shooter.
The answer it comes back with is that the Speakers/headphones are unplugged.
But they are not unplugged they are exactly the same as when it worked

What do I do now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-pc-claiming-speakers-headphones-are-unplugged-when-they-are-not.890990/
Relevancy 79.98%

My Inspiron laptop with Windows XP Pro has an interesting problem When I now unplug the AC adaptor from the back of the laptop the little icon of the plug in the bottom right corner of the taskbar does not switch to a picture of the battery When I highlight over it it still says quot On AC Power quot as though it were still plugged in Even weirder when i click the icon or go thru control panel and get to quot Power Meter quot it says the battery is not present and that the current power source is AC power But the battery is definitly present as i am able to use the laptop under these conditions and seriously I dont mean i took the plug out of the wall only The plug is not connected to the laptop and the above still happens The only thing that recognizes the difference when the laptop is not plugged in is the little orange LED light just under the right side of the monitor When it is plugged in the light turns green Unplugged says Inspiron "On 6000 Power" still AC Please help nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Help please !

Monitor with built-in speakers is connected over an HDMI cable and so the speakers cannot be actually disconnected. Strangely, the sound feature comes or goes by either a reawakening or a reboot. Speaker icon has a red X indication when it has failed and none of the Windows sounds play.

This is a 8.1 desktop that has the latest Realtek and Intel drivers installed direct from their websites.
Any ideas ?

A:"The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged"

More info...

Under the "Sound" tab in the Mixer and under Playback, HSG1074 has a green check and is noted as the Default Device. Under this icon is the Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio which is showing not plugged in.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/58446-speaker-headset-headphone-unplugged.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I tried updating driver error: The Acer Crystal Eye Webcam has not found? Please plug in the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam and then run installation again. How on earth do I do that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-crystal-eye-webcam-unplugged.1004769/
Relevancy 79.98%

My Inspiron laptop with Windows XP has a problem When I unplug the AC adaptor from the back of the laptop the little icon of the plug in the bottom right corner of the taskbar does not switch to a picture of the battery When I highlight over it it still says quot On AC Power Unplugged still says "On Inspiron 6000 AC Power" quot as though it were still plugged in When i click the icon or go thru control panel and get to quot Power Meter quot it says the Unplugged Inspiron 6000 still says "On AC Power" battery is not present and that the current power source Unplugged Inspiron 6000 still says "On AC Power" is AC power But Unplugged Inspiron 6000 still says "On AC Power" the battery is definitly present as i am able to use the laptop under these conditions and seriously I dont mean i took the plug out of the wall only The plug is not connected to the laptop and the above still happens The only thing that recognizes the difference when the laptop is not plugged in is the little orange LED light just under the right side of the monitor When it is plugged in the light turns green The computer also just shuts down out of nowhere with no advanced warning if I don t have it plugged in at all times Any help is much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-inspiron-6000-still-says-on-ac-power.671816/
Relevancy 79.98%

i would like to remove the various ghost devices haunting my system such as various flash drives or usb printers or mice no longer in use (but still calling for a driver update)

A:[SOLVED] removing "unplugged" devices

To show devices that are no longer present in Device Manager:

Go to Control Panel | System
Click the Advanced tab, then click the Environment Variables button
Under the System variables section, click the New button.
In the Variable name: box type DevMgr_Show_NonPresent_Devices
In the Variable value: box type 1
Click OK, then click OK again on the Environment Variables window
In Device Manager, Click View | Show hidden devices

Any duplicate drivers, and drivers for devices not connected (USB Flash etc), will show up as "ghost" icons. Note that there are several items under Sound, video and game controllers that are normal to show as a "ghost" icon, such as Microsoft Kernel devices. Don't remove them unless they .
Under Network Adapters there will also be a RAS Async Adapter and possibly a Microsoft TV/Video Connection item, you can leave unless they are duplicated, in which case remove both.

External USB drives, Flash drives, and memory cards that are not connected will show as ghost devices under Disk Drives. Removing these entries won't hurt anything, but if you've assigned a specific drive letter to these devices, you'll have to re-assign the drive letter again. You may want to make sure those devices you use frequently are connected.

These ghost drivers also show if you boot to Safe Mode and check the Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-removing-and-quot-unplugged-and-quot-devices-418060.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey, I am really hoping someone can help me solve this problem, it's driving me up the wall!
When I started using my computer this morning everything was fine, and then "no network access" kept appearing, along with "limited connection/connectivity". I would troubleshoot the problem, but then at the end of the troubleshoot it would freeze, and my screen went black, so I had to turn my computer off and then on again. This problem has persisted throughout the day, I've googled it but nothing really the same as this has turned up .. if someone could please please help me, I'd really appreciate it!

A:"No Network Access" and "Limited Connection/Connectivity" ?

Hi Caoimhe123

My name is Riyazuddin and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell

If its a wired connection - I suggest you to try using a different ethernet cable and check,
If its a wireless connection - Try to get to the router as close as possible and check,

Please specify the type of connection, model of the router, OS and the wireless card your using and reply back

Regards
Riyazuddin M

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241273-no-network-access-limited-connection-connectivity.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi I have been having this problem with my desktop computer for some time and have tried so many or then Address" Connectvitiy" No Network "Acquiring "Limited things with no real solution Basically the internet works SOMETIMES and then suddenly for seemingly no reason it will lose connection fail to acquire the network address and then end up saying quot Limited or No Connectivity "Acquiring Network Address" then "Limited or No Connectvitiy" quot Sometimes when I start the computer up this will happen from the beginning Sometimes when I do a system restore "Acquiring Network Address" then "Limited or No Connectvitiy" to a few days previously it will sort the problem "Acquiring Network Address" then "Limited or No Connectvitiy" but then the problem returns after a period of time My desktop computer worked fine for some time and it has only been in the past few weeks that it has had this problem So problem Fails to acquire network address on one computer in two seperate XP partitions says quot Limited or No Connectivity quot Connection works fine on laptop Problems also on Xbox Live disconnecting I am guessing same problem as desktop but of course with less options to experiment and analyse Here is my network s set-up BT HomeHub Desktop Computer running two different XP s in seperate partitions BOTH of which have the same problem XP- SP Many programs installed incl AVG Sygate Firewall and Firefox XP- SP Very few programs installed fresh OS Still problematic Xbox Disconnects from Live sporadically and sometimes refuses to reconnect Laptop XP SP This is the only device that has no problem connecting to the router or the internet This is also the device used to set-up and configure the router in the first place Although one problem did occur at some point whilst I was trying to repair this issue which I will mention below Solutions I have tried that have ultimately failed Changing wireless adapter ADDON GWU USB same problem Netgear WG v same problem I have also tried each one with the other uninstalled on a fresh XP partition so I have determined there are no conflicts between their files or utilities Resetting router duh yeah didn t work Changing settings on Desktop so that there is a Static IP address Now says quot Connected quot instead of quot Limited or No Connectivity quot but there is no access to internet from any program Also router settings claim desktop is not connected Changing settings on router so it always assigns same address to desktop Orginally no help although now router will not even let me do it Tried resetting Winsock and TCP IP Stack No help Tried resetting router to factory settings Still no change Used a second Windows XP SP partition fresh install STILL same problem suggesting it is not a software issue This second partition is of course shown as a seperate device on the router settings with it s own IP address Also see below Tried changing from WPA encryption to WEP - this did not work and caused even the laptop to stop working I am not sure if I set up the WEP incorrectly I simply changed the router s settings and then typed in the WEP code on the computer when it found the network again Possibly useful interesting points On the second Windows XP partition the problem actually seems to be WORSE On my primary XP partition I can sometimes go for extended periods of time a few days sometimes without any disconnection problems With the secondary fresh Windows XP partition I have started up the computer left it running not actually doing anything and the internet connection will without fail get lost and the usual quot acquiring network address quot followed by quot limited or no connectivity quot alerts will pop up Also it should be noted that the primary XP partition is easier to stabilise It can often be temporarily resolved by a reset or a system restore When changing from WPA to WEP I lost connection on both the desktop and t... Read more

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi so currently i have a problem every time i click on a launcher this message appears quot The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Planetside lnk' refers to is unavailable Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network the "the that network "lnk" or cut unavail".... short connection drive resource is available and then try again quot "the drive or network connection that the short cut "lnk" unavail".... please refer to the attachment to see the message for yourself Additional information the harddrive TB that i am using for the computer has been split into two drives The quot C quot drives usually contain necessary programs for a standard computer and the quot D quot drives has all my "the drive or network connection that the short cut "lnk" unavail".... games planetside is one of them work music and so on After seeing that message above appear for the first time today i also "the drive or network connection that the short cut "lnk" unavail".... realised that my quot D quot has also disappear completelt vanished so basically every shortcut that is source from that drive is not working I dont think it is anything to do with the wiring as the quot C quot drive is still there it is part of the same hard drive I have look at other post saying reinstall the program bla bla bla But that isn't my main problem at this moment the major problem is taht i dont have that secondary drive anymore so even if i can reinstall the program where will i put it my major program drive quot C quot is almost full and this drive have other important document in it so i cant really reinstall that S Please help me out its really urgent and just an FYI my knowledge with computer is really limited so it would help if you guys can dumb it down for me thank you for your help

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/392666-drive-network-connection-short-cut-lnk-unavail.html
Relevancy 78.26%

running windows 2k ntfs with a pentium 3 600 mghz and 512 mb of ram...
my cdrw stopped working all of a sudden the other day so i opened up the computer and switched out the power connectors and it worked fine then after about 20 min of working with windows it made a sound like it was trying to open and the unplug/eject device window came up telling me i unsafely unplugged my drive...its an internal drive...how the hell could i unplug it without being inside the computer...now it wont work at all, no lights, the door wont open, its gone from my computer and the device manager...cmos detects it as c/h/s/precomp/lz 0/0/0/0/0 when i set it to auto and when i tell it to autodetect the drives it takes a good 2 min or so to say that theres nothing there, its my secondary master drive, no secondary slave...any help is appreciated

Relevancy 78.26%

My Inspiron laptop with Windows XP Pro has an interesting problem When I now unplug the AC adaptor from the back of the laptop the little icon of the plug in the bottom right corner of the Laptop Still Says AC Power" "On Unplugged taskbar does not switch to a picture of the battery When I highlight over it it still says quot On AC Power quot as though it were still plugged in Even weirder when i click the icon or go thru control panel and get to quot Power Meter quot it says the battery is not present and that the current power source is AC power But the battery is definitly present as i am able to use the laptop under these Unplugged Laptop Still Says "On AC Power" conditions and seriously I Unplugged Laptop Still Says "On AC Power" dont mean i took the plug out of the wall only The plug is not connected to the laptop and the above still happens The only thing that recognizes the difference when the laptop is not plugged in is the little orange LED light just under the right side of the monitor When Unplugged Laptop Still Says "On AC Power" it is plugged in the light turns green Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unplugged-laptop-still-says-on-ac-power-91005.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I installed iogear bluetooth on my pc sometime last year but didn't use it but now I need it to communicate to my cell phone. When I inserted the adapter I get the error: network cable unplugged.

I can see the software is there but not sure how to proceed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bluetooth-network-error-network-cable-unplugged-windows-xp.1113865/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I m currently experiencing a new problem with a customers machine Its Local Area Connection under network connections flips between the enabled state and Network Cable Unplugged I ve went Connect and 'enabled' 'Network flips Cable Network Unplugged' between through the line and confirmed its plugged in and the ports lights are blinking properly I m unsure whats causing the problem but have a feeling its either a windows networking Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged' service or the driver I m tending to lean toward driver since it connected fine yesterday and downloaded MB of updates I have tried re-installing the same driver that i used yesterday to get it on the internet with no success Device manager says there s nothing wrong with the Ethernet driver Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged' but it does list another ethernet controller although I m pretty sure that it is the wifi device which I haven t been able to get its driver to work either Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged' The computers model is an quot HP Pavilion DV - DX quot it is running a fresh install of Vista Home Premium bit Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Network Connect flips between 'enabled' and 'Network Cable Unplugged'

Have you tried manually setting the port duplex/speed?

For this to work you need to be able to specify the speed/duplex on both ends of the connection (i.e. at the switch as well as the machine).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connect-flips-between-enabled-and-network-cable-unplugged.931244/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I'm running Windows XP Pro. I'm not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to combine the contents of "My Computer" and "My Network Places" into one icon? I know how to remove either icon (via TweakUI), but is it possible to, for example, have all of the links in "My Network Places" appear in "My Computer" or vice versa?

A:Combing "My Computer" and "My Network Places"

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combing-my-computer-and-my-network-places.469671/