Windows Support Forum

This simple message sends Skype into an endless crash loop, update out now

Q: This simple message sends Skype into an endless crash loop, update out now

Fresh from iOS' embarrassing Messages bug that could crash iPhones with a random string of text, a similar flaw is hitting Skype across platforms. Specifically, sending a message containing only "http://:" sends the app into an endless crash loop in...

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: This simple message sends Skype into an endless crash loop, update out now

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: This simple message sends Skype into an endless crash loop, update out now

Every system has this. Just hasn't been discovered yet on the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-simple-message-sends-skype-into-an-endless-crash-loop-update-out-now.213661/
Relevancy 89.87%

The person who posted fix instructions has been banned Since his instructions didn't work I'm guessing I should do a new original topic Here it is Endless restart notification began several weeks ago Last installed updates on KB KB KB Endless Restart Search Endless loop Update and which remain That day I Endless Update Search and Endless Restart loop individually uninstalled all updates from beginning of endless update checks ensued About months ago installed Windows then shortly afterward resorted to Windows Windows always downloaded along with subsequent updates but I was able to prevent its installation Original hard drive was damaged and replaced following drop to floor Tech advisor no longer available to me From current Speccy Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Pentium T GHz C Penryn nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Dell Inc K P Microprocessor C Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel Mobile Intel Series Express Chipset Family Dell Intel Mobile Intel Series Express Chipset Family Dell Storage GB ATA Crucial CT MX SCSI Disk Device SSD C Optical Drives MATbleepA DVD -RW UJ SCSI CdRom Device Audio IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

A:Endless Update Search and Endless Restart loop

Hi,

First let's try to find what is going on...

Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Restore Points
Click on Go.
Post the resulting log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610158/endless-update-search-and-endless-restart-loop/
Relevancy 83.85%

BSOD crash after computer hung attempted restart after registry restore.Manually shut it down. Error msg: *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0XF8A0C528, 0xc0000034,0x00000000, 0x00000000). Kept looping through startup in loop loading bar going across then flashes of the following: windows screen, flash of blue screen, no input signal, Sony screen, XP system options. Hit f8 to windows advanced Options Menu. Tried last known good config twice but same loop and all safe modes but no go. Followed directive in your post and did following: Black Screen Hang (before splash screen shows)
- Disk Diagnostic
- CHKDSK /F /R (try to boot)
- fixmbr (try to boot)
- fixboot (try to boot)
- Safe Mode (try to boot) Any suggestions please aside from reformatting? Thanks!

A:XP Home BSOD Crash and Endless Loop

System manufacturer and model?How...and why...did you "attempt to restore the registry"?Is This your post at another forum?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429657/xp-home-bsod-crash-and-endless-loop/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi there this is my first online help Loop Endless Explorer Crash Internet forum post so please bare with me Firstly my system Internet Explorer Endless Crash Loop is a Windows Vista -bit Service Pack Ok the problem When I log on all my startup programs start and load up as normal and then about minutes after login a message stating quot windows explorer has stopped working quot then quot windows explorer is restarting quot This happens twice Then my desktop goes blank including my start bar spare the wallpaper I am able to still run SOME programs using task manager This has only been doing it for a day and no amount of restarts has helped This has never happened before to me When I run my anti-virus programs they also pick up no threats I have found the incident in eventviewer and these are the details it shows Note in eventviewer is displays the information under quot application error quot Log Name Application Source Application Error Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer MABnCMCE-PC Description Faulting application Explorer EXE version time stamp x e da faulting module USER dll version time stamp x e e exception code xc fault offset x process id x application start time x cdb e d c Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt MABnCMCE-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Explorer EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e da lt Data gt lt Data gt USER dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e e lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt cdb e d c lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Please help me I am way out of my expertise here

A:Internet Explorer Endless Crash Loop

I have read several forums about this problem, and some people suggest it is caused by conflicting programs/applications /OR malicious programs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/internet-explorer-endless-crash-loop-672883.html
Relevancy 79.55%

While away my wife laptop got stuck in a endless stage 3 update. Is there a ctrl break to stop the update process everything I tried does not seem to work start in safe mode, c prompt, I can used the rescue function on the laptop but that will formate her hard drive and reinstall everything trying to save her data first.
Thanks

A:Endless stage 3 update loop

MS about this:The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista and Windows 7
instead Vista DVD use special recovery disk Create a Recovery Disc

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/261423-endless-stage-3-update-loop.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Im having some issues with my update..

recently restored my laptop windows 8, and i have

93 recommended and 3 optional, and its been "updating" for over an hour and its still 0kb and 0%

I ran a troubleshooter and it "repaired 2 issues with windows updates" but still not updating..

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45028-update-endless-loop-not-loading.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I recently formatted and reinstalled my Windows 7 OS. Windows has since detected hundreds of updates and has been installing them. Unfortunately, upon restarting Windows has informed me that it has been unable to install updates, and had to revert to old settings. Then when I shut down it attempts to install them again, only to fail upon reboot, revert to old settings, and repeat the cycle again.

I have disabled automatic updates for the time being, with the hope this will temporarily correct this problem, but I need a more permanent fix. Any advise would be welcome.

Thanks.

A:Windows Stuck in Endless Update Loop

Go to your control panel in windows. Once it opens . Scroll down to the trouble shooting icon. Then click on it. Once it opens . Click on System and Security Icon. From here it should fix your windows update problems. Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-stuck-in-endless-update-loop.201631/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello all,

I have a lab (of about 20 of the same machines).
windows 7 professional, 32 bit OS, 4gigs ram...

Three of these machines recently have become stuck in an endless loop after some windows updates. They reboot at "applying windows operation 1170".

I've recently put Deep Freeze on these machines, and they're stuck in a frozen state right now.

I've tried safe mode, startup recovery, unfreezing via the server console... with no luck with anything.

So, I'm assuming Deep Freeze is the cause of the problem. Is there anyway I can get into the computer to disable it?

A:Endless reboot loop from windows update

Did you try Safe mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/endless-reboot-loop-from-windows-update-701337.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Over the past 2 months, Windows update (Win 8.1, HP Pavilion) has failed three times. After selecting the recommended downloads, the PC goes into a permanent loop of updating, restarting, failure to update, return to previous configuration and then attempting to install updates again with subsequent failure & endless loop. I have to use the 3-finger salute to interrupt and regain control. I have currently disabled automatic update. This odd pattern occurred last fall with my Vista laptop (Toshiba), but after ignoring all updates for about 2 months and then re-enabling updates that laptop seems fine & recent updates have gone smoothly. Now the problem is the Win 8.1 PC and its inability to install updates. Suggestions?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/46699-win-8-1-update-fails-enters-endless-loop.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey all I updated my friends system to the f bios - and it now comes up - update Trying 8710p Endless Failed - LOOP BIOS to r... HP Now that the bios update did not succeed and then it restarts nbsp This is an endless loop - which never lets HP 8710p Failed BIOS update - Now Endless LOOP - Trying to r... me boot into windows - so I cannot go back to a previous version of the BIOS nbsp I have been reading around the forums and discovered a method to try an emergency recovery by getting the rompaq bios and holding down the Windows Key B when I turn on the system nbsp Just bought an external USB Floppy drive to try this emergency recovery nbsp I tried the USB - but it wouldn't work nbsp I am getting different results here - but not what I want nbsp With the USB Floppy plugged in When I hold down Win B - the caps light flashes nbsp for a lot longer now it looks like it initializes the floppy drive green light comes on for just a moment - but then nothing - just flashing caps lock for a bit and then finally a restart again into the doom loop It never appears to begin to read the floppy disk or search for a bios file nbsp What am I doing wrong What can I try Does the disk need to be leabeled a certain way Does my BIOS file need to be renamed nbsp Any help would be GREAT Solved View Solution

A:HP 8710p Failed BIOS update - Now Endless LOOP - Trying to r...

I had a very similar experience.  Here is how I fixed it. Download sp41954.exe from here  or search for it.  Double-click on the file to launch the application.  If you are running Vista or higher, close the program, go to where it extracted (C:\swsetup\sp41954) and find the file FirmwareUpdater.exe.  Right-click on the file and select properties.  Click the Compatibility tab and select "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".  Launch FirmwareUpdater.exe and create a bootable diskette.  If you are running XP, you can create the bootable diskette from the sp41954 directly. Power off the laptop.  Connect the USB Floppy drive with the newly created diskette to the laptop.  Hold down all four arrow keys while turning on the laptop.  Continue to hold down the four arrow keys until you see either the num-lock or cap-lock key flashing ( don't remember which).  It should be reading from the diskette.  After a minute or so, the laptop should reboot and operate normally. When I did this, I disconnected everything from the laptop and removed the battery.  I do not know if it was necessary to remove everything or not. Hope this helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-8710p-Failed-BIOS-update-Now-Endless-LOOP-Trying-to/td-p/2477051
Relevancy 76.97%

I am currently stuck on build My frustration is due to the mandatory reboots that Windows keeps scheduling during the middle of the workday often when I am away from my in 10547 endless stuck builds update 10532 and between loop computer I have disabled this quot feature quot in the update settings but it persists Windows has downloaded build and keeps insisting that it needs to reboot to install it but reboots never attempt to install anything it is a routine stuck in endless update loop between builds 10532 and 10547 reboot In troubleshooting this issue I attempted to opt out of the Insider Program and downgrade to RC builds When looking at those options however I discovered an error message quot Your Microsoft account requires attention to get insider builds quot I clicked on the quot fix quot button and it had me log into my Microsoft account including all that dual authentication stuff In the end the wizard closed out and I was presented with a quot next steps quot button to click So I clicked that and it looped me right back into that same login wizard requiring dual authentication at the end of which I stuck in endless update loop between builds 10532 and 10547 found myself right back at the quot next steps quot button and the persistent error that quot Your Microsoft account requires attention to get insider builds quot Clicking directly on the quot stop insider builds quot hyperlink below that button produces a popup box stating that quot We need you to do a few things to stop receiving builds quot Below that statement is a hyperlink titled quot How do I opt my device out of Insider builds quot Clicking on that hyperlink takes me to a web page at windows microsoft com telling me that all I need to do is go into the advanced options for Windows update and click on the quot stop insider builds quot hyperlink Clicking on that does not however give me an option to verify my choice It just returns that same error message about quot We need you to do a few things to stop receiving builds quot At no point does it tell me what those things are it just keeps looping back on itself Is there a way to break out of the loop without reinstalling the OS altogether UPDATE I might have made some progress A few months ago an update corrupted my user profile requiring me to create a new profile I was reluctant to delete the old one because I wondered if maybe some key file was still locked up in it that I might want later I think however that because the corrupted account was still linked to my live account there were conflicts Not sure why it took more than two months to surface but when I just deleted that corrupted account I was able to download security updates and I'm no longer getting that error message to quot fix quot my updates It still loops me when I try to opt out of the Insider Program but at least half of the problem has resolved I'm going to reboot once again and see if that does the trick SECOND UPDATE Rebooting is now permitting a re-download of build I still am not able to opt-out of the Insider Program but maybe after completing the update

A:stuck in endless update loop between builds 10532 and 10547

I have also experienced this effect but have only the user profile (not corrupted) and despite repeated attempts to update, cannot initiate build 10547.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/25105-stuck-endless-update-loop-between-builds-10532-10547-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 8500, OEM Windows 7 64-bit installed, nvidia geforce GT640.
I did a Windows update last week but i stop halfway due to thunderstorm, i did a system restore and then continue Windows update the next day.

now my PC restart automatically after a few hours, so I did another system restore but this time the system restore was not successful, and now my PC is stuck in endless restarting cycle.

Can someone assist me? thank you in advance!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/388935-windows-7-startup-endless-loop-after-w7-update-system-restore.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I m new to this forum and want to Issue Loop Failure Endless Reverting/ Windows - Configuring Update / send a shoutout and a Thanks for all that everyone does on here I have a Gateway Win bit desktop PC that is having issues with Windows Update I guess that I have not been paying attention to my Windows Updates and I have not done a normal shutdown of my PC in a while There were strorms coming up and I decided to power down It said configuring updates do not turn off PC The next thing I noticed a few hours later it was on my grey Gateway start up screen saying something along the lines of Failure configuring Windows Updates Reverting Changes quot After like three hours I was back in business Well the computer at random times tries to re-run the updates with the same message Finally yesterday I searched and found Microsoft s quot Windows Update Windows Update Issue - Failure Configuring / Reverting/ Endless Loop Troubleshooter quot I ran it and it said that it fixed all of the updates I even did a couple of reboots and Windows started normally BUT last night my wife Windows Update Issue - Failure Configuring / Reverting/ Endless Loop noted that it said that the computer needed to reboot to allow updates to finish processing and of course it went through the whole Failure configuring windows upates reverting and such Arrgh How can I fix this I thought that the Troubkeshooter tool might work and iot looked like it did but then it tried updates just a few hours later Thanks for any guidance nbsp

A:Windows Update Issue - Failure Configuring / Reverting/ Endless Loop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-issue-failure-configuring-reverting-endless-loop.1150614/
Relevancy 70.09%
Relevancy 66.65%

Endless restart notification began several weeks ago. 
Last installed updates on 3/22/16: KB3102429, KB3035583, KB2952664, which remain.
That day, I individually uninstalled all updates from beginning of 2016; endless update checks ensued.

About 9months ago installed Windows10, then shortly afterward resorted to Windows7. Windows10 always downloaded along with subsequent updates but I was able to prevent its installation.

Original hard drive was damaged and replaced following drop to floor. Tech/advisor no longer available to me.

From current Speccy;
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Pentium T4400 @ 2.20GHz 53 °C
Penryn 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0K138P (Microprocessor) 58 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])
Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Dell)
Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Dell)
Storage
119GB ATA Crucial_CT128MX1 SCSI Disk Device (SSD) 45 °C
Optical Drives
MATbleepA DVD+-RW UJ890 SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

A:Windows Update endless seach & endless restart

Hello,

In order to resolve the issue, please try the following steps:

Click on Start and in search box type Services.msc and hit enter.

In services window, right click and stop the following services: Background 

Intelligence Transfer Service, Cryptogrpahic and Windows Updates.

Leave the services window open and access c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution. 
Clear all the contents of Software Distribution folder. 

Next access c:\windows\System32\catroot2. 

Clear all the contents of Catroot2 folder. 

Go back to the services window and restart the 3 services that were stopped. 
Restart the computer. 

Disable any 3rd party security software and retry Windows updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609219/windows-update-endless-seach-endless-restart/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi.
I hav seen threads about people wanting this, but not the other way around.
When I call my friends on Skype, they hear everything I hear through my headphones. If I listen to music on YouTube, it shows up as microphone input in skype audio settings.
I have searched the forums to no avail, and I have changed possibly all of the sound settings both in Skype and the control panel.

I don't know what sound card I have, nor the name of the software. If needed, how do I find these?

Thank you!

A:Skype sends my audio output to call participants

cant help on the skype issue but, for finding your sound card drivers they will be in device manager, unless you have put in a new sound card then chances are you are running off the integrated motherboard card, if people need it put up what motherboard you have...although i doubt they will, this is more likely to be a skype or microphone setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/206576-skype-sends-my-audio-output-call-participants.html
Relevancy 64.07%

SP2 sends me into a loop of shutting down and restarting. I installed in Aug 2004, and two weeks ago. Both times I had to do a system restore to break the loop.

MSFT tech said to wait until the new Windows XP comes out in March/April, because SP2 will be part of Windows XP.

Any comments or advice is appreciated.

A:SP2 sends me into a loop of shutting down and restarting

SP2 has a lot of "things" that come with it. If your OS hasn't been activated, in MS's opinion anyway, it will do what you said.
Your XP cd has a restore feature on it. Have you tried it?
As usual Microsoft tells you to wait until they have a better, $$$, version coming out
soon...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sp2-sends-me-into-a-loop-of-shutting-down-and-restarting.323850/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a desktop that I got a blue screen but didn't get to see all of the issue message. I do know that something was mentioned about ATAPI,,, however, no matter what I do now, when I try to start windows, it goes only so far, then,, bam,,, reboots itself. I've tried safe mode, last known good config, everything,, there must be a simple solution to this,, I cannot be the only person evr having had this problem.., I have a required discs,, can someone please tell me what to do? Thank you for having this site availavle for anyone that may need it. However, my sister seems to have taken care of her issue simply by going to the cmd prompt and giving the system a few things to do ,, therefore it passed through its loop.... system botting fine into windows, all seems to be doing fine,, thanks anyhow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-endless-loop.1001757/
Relevancy 63.21%

So I can't boot my computer anyway I try. If I use last know configuration, start windows normally, any of the safemodes is starts loading then flashes and restarts. I've already tried to use the disable automatic restart on system failure function and when I do I get a blue screen that says " a problem has been detected and windows needs to be shut down o prevent damage to your computer

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
Check to see if sée software.........(but had the usual here)

If problem continues.....( the usual)

Technical information

*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x8AC70A68, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

Additional information: I dont have a installation cd for it

A:Endless loop

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297185

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/endless-loop.1001642/
Relevancy 63.21%

There have been several comments in this forum that a problem has been encountered while installing W7, ie process fails, then starts again in an endless loop.

I am still waiting for my copy of W7, due tomorrow. I am wondering, since, I am not going to change partition size, or delete any partitions, I can boot from the hd and still do a clean install. Do you think that this will reduce the possibilty of my encountering the dreaded endless loop?

A:Endless Loop

Quote: Originally Posted by richc46

There have been several comments in this forum that a problem has been encountered while installing W&, ie process fails, then starts again in an endless loop.

I am still waiting for my copy of W7, due tomorrow. I am wondering, since, I am not going to change partition size, or delete any partitions, I can boot from the hd and still do a clean install. Do you think that this will reduce the possibilty of my encountering the dreaded endless loop?

Welcome to Windows 7 Rich.
Refer to the top of the forum for installation tutorials.
As suggested success is achivable by copying the disk contents on to a partition in C:\ drive, making the partition bootable and running the installation.
For further information refer to the Sticky's at the top of the forum.

Regards,
Adrian

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32137-endless-loop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

hello i am having a problem with either my harddrive or my motherboard I have XP home a Compaq with an Athalon XP a Radeon LE mb and a cheap motherboard my problem started when i bought a new case with case fans and lights and the such the lights and panel an loop endless display werent turning on i gave the computer to my uncle wh said he would take a look he found out that since the screws were spo short the ones holding the motherboard down the pulled something away from something else lol dont remember what he said exactly anyway he put longer screws in and it worked but he said the battery for an endless loop the BIOS came loose after that when ever i turned on my computer it would not start up it just restart each time i tried the system recover an endless loop but it would just restart the computer I had XP partitioned on another section of my HDD So i used my cd recovery thing and did the format recovery hoping to fix it but i am now left with a HDD with what i believe is no data Also when i did the system recovery after the format it just restarted my computer again that is where i am now any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I am running XP sp2 and it started an endless boot loop. When I tell if to not to automatically restart on error I get the fatal error C000021a 0X00000402. I have tried booting off the installation CD to run the recovery but after it states it is starting windows it powers off. It loops in safe mode, safe mode with dos prompt, etc. Nothing has changed on these 2 machines in over 6 months. Is there a new virus or worm that could be causing this? It is happening to 2 machines built at the same time, 256K, 66 GB HD (plenty of room). I have reviewed the other forums about the 21a error but they were not any help as I cannot get them to load the windows CD. Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/endless-boot-loop.500871/
Relevancy 62.35%

Recently, I was on my computer (A Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974. Approx 2.5 years old) when it started to shut down with the famous blue error screen. As annoying as this was, it wasn't a big deal. No, the big deal started when my computer started acting up. It took longer and longer for it to boot to the desktop, sometimes even a half hour because I had to keep manually turning it off in on in order to get a response. Now my computer won't even go past the "Starting Windows" screen.

A:Computer in an Endless Loop

Do you still have your OS disk? try to boot off it and select repair and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-in-an-endless-loop.1061128/
Relevancy 62.35%

I read the guide and see that I am supposed to do certain steps before asking for help but my system keeps blue screening and rebooting so I am writing rebooting endless loop from my laptop I m not sure what to do since I can t keep it running long enough endless rebooting loop It does seem to endless rebooting loop stay on in safe mode Should I follow the preparation guide in safe mode Here is some info on what happened endless rebooting loop and what I have done so far I was watching a downloaded tv show downloaded from demonoid when my computer suddenly shut down and rebooted It keeps doing that over and over I have searched the virus blogs but can t find anything like my problem No other signs no pop ups or fake scans or anything just the blue screen and rebooting I have some software that I used In safe mode I ran rkill updated malwarebytes and scanned Viruses were found and removed I ran the quot Best Buy quot MRI all hardware passed and which removed more viruses I ran Advanced System Care and Microsoft Security Essentials I am still having the same problem in regular mode I ran the ms malicious software removal tool too also in safe mode Even if I run rkill in regular mode I can t finish a scan Should I do a repair on my os Or what is my next step Thanks for the help Donna

A:endless rebooting loop

Hello,

Yes, please produce the logs in safe mode and post them.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426768/endless-rebooting-loop/
Relevancy 62.35%

Having some trouble with XP starting up. The startup is cought in an endless loop. It gets to the black startupscreen from XP (where you see the blue progress bar) and then restarts my PC again, and again, and again,..... Safe mode doesn't boot either. If I boot from win XP CD I CANNOT choose the repair install, only full install with formatting drives.
I had this problem before, but found no solution on any forum. Had to format everything and re-install XP to solve. This is not an option now because of too much data on PC now.
Can this have anything to do with the volume licence key for XP i'm using?

Please help.
Thanks!

A:XP startup endless loop. Plz Help!

I have the same problem but I see a blue screen right before it restarts and I can't read what the error is because it's gone in less than a second.
Any suggestion is appreciated!

Thanks,
Cahuinga

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-startup-endless-loop-plz-help-12737.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My laptops' HD has bad clusters which CHKDSK cannot repair. Can I clone the disc to a new one. The bad bit will of course be set in the new HD as well. Chkdsk will run at boot but as the disc is new CHKDSK will complete successfully. Right??
H?kan

A:Chkdsk endless loop/bad HD

Hello and welcome Hbj mate first have you backed up the data you have? because I personally don't see any point in cloning the drive to anew one as it has corrupt files.

Have a look at this first though Startup Repair and there is always this Repair Install

The other option is a factory reset on the machine but it will get rid of the data hence me asking if it is backed up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393682-chkdsk-endless-loop-bad-hd.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My computer will boot to starting windows logo and then restart. It will do this endlessly.
What I've tried so far;
Every startup repair - restore system to earlier time - disable auto restart in case of failure for hope of a BsoD (I got no bsod) - RAM check ram is fine. - finally my last resort was to use the CD RegBack command in System restore.
And after all that I still have the problem.
Here is my nbtblog.
Please request any other info you need.

A:Endless startup loop

Service Pack 1 9 1 2012 10:33:42.375
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\hal.dll
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\kdcom.dll
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\PSHED.dll
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\CLFS.SYS
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\CI.dll
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Wdf01000.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WDFLDR.SYS
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ACPI.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WMILIB.SYS
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\msisadrv.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\pci.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\vdrvroot.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\partmgr.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\volmgr.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mountmgr.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\amdsata.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\storport.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\D:-ORIVERS\amdxata.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\fileinfo.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\msrpc.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\ksecdd.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\cng.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pcw.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Fs_Rec.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ndis.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\NETIO.SYS
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\ksecpkg.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tcpip.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\fwpkclnt.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\volsnap.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Tpkd.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\spldr.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rdyboost.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\mup.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\hwpolicy.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.SYS
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AtiPcie64.sys
Did not load driver @hal.inf,%acpi_amd64.devicedesc%;ACPI x64-based PC
Did not load driver @oem69.inf,%devicename%;Avnex Virtual Audio Device
Did not load driver @cpu.inf,%amdppm.devicedesc%;AMD Processor
Did not load driver @oem69.inf,%device... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573575/endless-startup-loop/
Relevancy 62.35%

My laptops' HD has bad clusters which CHKDSK cannot repair. Can I clone the disc to a new one. The bad bit will of course be set in the new HD as well. Chkdsk will run at boot but as the disc is new CHKDSK will complete successfully. Right??
H?kan

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393682-chkdsk-endless-loop-bad-hd.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all,

I just bought an Asus Eee Box 1501 with Windows 7. When I power it up, it takes me to the first install screen, then gives me an error message saying that the computer wasn't properly shut down, and to press ok to restart it and proceed with the installation. So, I press ok, it reboots, and gives me the same error message, and it won't get out of this loop. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Endless loop trying to install

Sounds like something in the installation failed, though I could be wrong.

Try this: Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/77694-endless-loop-trying-install.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm having a problem with a friend's computer. It is an old eMachines T1220 w/ a 1.2Ghz Celeron. I have just installed a new 80GB Maxtor HDD, and am attempting to install Windows XP Home Edition. I changed the boot sequence to read off the CD-ROM first, and the preinstallation files have loaded fine from the disc. My problem is that when the computer reboots, it goes right back into loading the preinstallation files. I have never seen it say "Press any key to boot from the CD." It goes right to "Windows is checking your system's configuration..." or something to that effect. Anyway, when the computer reboots, if I take the CD out of the drive, and let it go straight to the HDD, it says "Operating System not found." If anyone out there can offer some advice, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

A:Endless XP Installation Loop

What medium are you using to attempt this install?

Did you delete all partitions/structures on the drive...before attempting the install?

The only time that I've ever seen an attempted install skip the F8 acceptance (which is key)...it was something weird like the CMOS battery or a RAM issue or a slipstreamed CD that I had not burned correctly (it only happened once and I don't remember just what I did to overcome it). I have multiple disks so it may have been that.

I would first check to see if the BIOS recognizes the hard drive...then I would run a diagnostic on the hard drive.

After having done that to satisfy myself that the drive is properly recognized and in working order...I would insert the XP CD and attempt the install.

It wouldn't hurt to clean the CD used either (plain water, soft cotton cloth (T-shirt), do not rub in circular or oval motion, strainght lines across surface of disk.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291655/endless-xp-installation-loop/
Relevancy 62.35%

The thread title should be descriptive enough, but if not, basically what happens is the computer will load up to the desktop, but then restart again and it continues like that in a constant loop until I turn off the PC.

Anyway, is there anything I can do to fix things? The only thing I can think of is to reformat and reinstall Windows, but I don't have a Windows install disc and I'm not sure exactly how to reformat in the first place. If this is the only option though, I guess I can purchase a new copy of Windows, but I'd prefer not to until I've exhausted ever other option.

Oh, and I'm running Windows XP, by the way. Not sure if it's relevant or not, but I figured I should mention it anyway.

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I m having quite a peculiar problem with a system I loop Endless boot m halfway building and I was hoping someone could help First the problem Whenever the computer tries to boot a running windows version it reboots endlessly Now the background I got this computer from a friend who had no use for it It s using an EVGA i I believe motherboard It did not come with a hard drive and he didn t know if it worked Endless boot loop or not so I figured why not I haven t had much extra money so I ve been plugging in old HDDs I ve had sitting around to no avail One didn t boot at all and one Endless boot loop had an endless boot so I figured it was done for Then I got it to boot to one finally but it came up with XP professional and a message saying quot This version of windows must be activated to log in quot The computer this HDD came out of was from a county business so I have no doubt that it was a legit windows on it why it doesn t work now it beyond me Nevertheless I have a legit windows CD to install so I attempt that only to find that quot this file quot is corrupt Back to square one After this I found out how to reset the trial period to activate from windows itself rather than a pop up at the log in screen which involved booting into safe mode which was successful So I do this and restart thinking it was going to work Well it did but now I get stuck in the boot loop After the bios loads it gets to what would normally be the loading bar with the windows logo it just resets I consider myself to be decently knowledgeable about these things but I m at a loss Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

My desktop contains two Western Digital SATA physical drives I am speaking here only of the first Drive C containing only the OS For reasons which don t matter here I wanted to replace my XP Pro SP OS with Windows Sp using the slipstreamed Win K disk in my library I forgot that this install knows nothing of NTSF formatting When install told me install; OS endless loop it would have to format to Fat I permitted the reformat which of course failed Now there is no OS at all Well I thought I ll reinstall XP Pro and let it replace the NTSF formatting Then I ll use a utility like Partition Magic to convert the format to FAT and install Win K The XP install does in fact reformat the drive and proceeds to deploy the XP files But at the first install reboot it returns to the Welcome screen and starts over It wants to reformat again deploy the OS files again and start over again And again UBCD Win finds drive C and reports it healthy so I m assuming OS install; endless loop the physical drive has not failed I need to clean it such that XP will not trip over the data which causes the endless OS install; endless loop loop in the reinstall process I wonder if there is something on the UBCD Win disk that will do the trick or if someone here can suggest a remedy other than a resource from UBCD Win Best regards O nbsp

A:OS install; endless loop

Not sure why you think W2K doesn't know about NTFS, it most certainly does.

Sounds like you did not set the boot order back to hd then cd after the first install reboot. If you don't install just keeps starting again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-install-endless-loop.696915/
Relevancy 62.35%

After battleing some spyware and malware xp spyware and antimalware I cleaned up things with malwarebyte and spybot I thought that things were going good until the other morning I noticed that the computer was just rebooting itself over and over again It will loop Endless rebooting make it past the login screen and then display the background picture then it would shutdown and reboot and keep doing this I can hit F to bring me to the safe mode choices screen I have tried several of the different choices with no luck at all I did switch it to not shutdown upon error then I got blue screen IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL tECHINAL INFO STOP x A x B x x x D Da Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete I mainly just Endless rebooting loop want to get my business folder and of course my music and photos off of the hard drive Any help would be great Windows XP Pro

A:Endless rebooting loop

You could hook it up as a slve drive on another computer and get what you want from the driveOr you could invest in a IDE/SATA USB CABLE 2.0 and connect drive to the molex and usb 2.0 ide/satathat way youcan get the folder in question............but the blue screen with the ERROR is to me unrepairable....i got a harddrive with the same errori ran the repair from windows cd and it did nothing so i bought a ide/sata usb 2.0 cablegot my info that way ...hope it works for you if you choose to it that wayhttp://www.amazon.com/USB-2-0-SATA-5-25-Ad...r/dp/B000J2GUS0http://www.usb-port.com/sa300.htmlhttp://www.usb-ware.com/usb-2-ide-sata-adapter.htmThose are a few links

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176765/endless-rebooting-loop/
Relevancy 62.35%

I hope I'm in the right place! This is my first time in this forum. My son & hubby tried to install a different mouse on son's computer. It didn't work so they un-installed it & re-installed the old one. Now the computer is in an endless loop. It goes to a screen that gives you several options for starting in safe mode etc. No matter what option you choose, it does the same thing...just starts over. If you don't do anything, it just starts over.......over & over again. I'm not real "techie" so any advice should be in simple language!! Thanks in advance

Bev
www.jim.mylightyear.com

A:Endless start-up loop

Do you have windows xp on cd?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/endless-start-up-loop-241903.html
Relevancy 62.35%

When I enter WLM, it doesn't get out of downloading mail. When I try to exit the program, I see that it's rapidly downloading 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 messages (which I do not have on my email server). It appears to be stuck in this loop. I don't know what, if anything, I did to cause this.

I thought about repairing the installation, but there is no listing for WLM in Programs or under Windows Live Essentials.

Help, please. Thanks.

A:WLM endless download loop

Problem solved. It was an AVG issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/113520-wlm-endless-download-loop.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Dear All - I am (?) endless I am loop boot in an new to this exchange and forum I am in an endless boot loop see details below I thought of going to Geek Squad but the online reviews were not favorable Could someone please help me or at least direct me to I am in an endless boot (?) loop someone who can I am SO over my head on this I have been at this for days took a break to enjoy Christmas At this point I want to do the following Get out of the loop and be able to get my PC back It is not formatted as it still is acting as my main PC where I have my wireless router modem setup for all my PCs and MACs to access the I am in an endless boot (?) loop Internet Be able to get my PC to be able to read SeaGate storage device Help Here is my saga and thank you for your patience in reading my tale PC stopped recognizing SeaGate Free Agent and subsequent fixes TestDisk has put me in an endless loop at startup I have an external device SeaGate Free Agent Desk Terrabyte drive where I backup my data This device actually contains original data as I removed it from my PC s harddrive so it really isn t just a backup Seagate Free Agent stopped working with my PC VISTA When I connect it to the PC it makes a loud ticking sound Apparently this seems to be a common issue as many users have already documented this complaint I am in an endless boot (?) loop In my attempts to resolve my issue I did the following and possibly made it more convoluted and now I am stuck I downloaded a software TestDisk from this site After I installed the software TestDisk and ran it my PC is now in an endless loop Others have also experienced this issue documented at the following link I used a program called TestDisk to help find the hard drive and now - Microsoft Community I have tried booting my PC VISTA pressing F F F several times and none of them gets me to that old familiar menu that would allow me to start-up in Safemode I also don t know what disk to insert to boot up I have the following CD DVDs and from my original purchase and inserted them into my drive while my PC was booting up and was not successful Or I don t know what I m doing Operating System Reinstallation CD for Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition I also purchased a recovery disk from the following I used my MAC Book Pro to create a DVD but not sure I did that correctly I burned the following to disk EasyRE for Windows Vista iso No luck when I placed into my Vista CD DVD drive Operating System Reinstallation DVD for Windows Vista Home Premium BIT I tried changing how my system boots but not sure what to do next Sincerely BDW

A:I am in an endless boot (?) loop

Hi BDW2012,

That sounds like quite a mess!

Before we continue, I just want to double check that you have everything backed up? Do you have your product key noted down just in case? If not, can you note it down? If not, then just make sure this file is in your backup:

C:\Windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE (it has no extension)

Now I would like you to make a bootable Vista USB: Dell Community

Don't do anything with it yet though

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299187-i-am-endless-boot-loop.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Can anyone help Turning my computer on one Endless loop in reboot XP morning I got a screen saying that XP is sorry for any inconvenience but it was unable to load properly last time I get the options Endless reboot loop in XP to boot in safe mode safe mode with command prompt safe mode with networking or normal mode On the previous use the machine was shut down normally with no problems On selecting any of the options the XP Pro splash screen appears the green bar moves across a quarter Endless reboot loop in XP of the way amd then the machine reboots to the POST screen then the inconvenience screen Selecting any of the options results in the same loop I have tried downloading the six floppy bootup disks from MS It loads the first disk checks the system configuration and then comes up with an error saying bios info inf could not be found error code setup will have to exit I dont know if this is due to the disks or the hardisk The other thing I tried was booting straight from the XP cd In this case it stated Atapi emulation could not be found press a key to boot from cd When a key is pressed the sorry for inconvenience screen pops up Its driving me mad does anyone have any solutions Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

i have a computer with windows xp home edition already installed on it.

due to some corruption issues, i decided to try and upgrade re-install to keep all the existing programs.

the process hangs at 33 minutes left and won't complete

now every time i try and boot i get "setup process restarting"

safe mode does NOT bypass it
at this point, i just want to abort the installation process and go back to my existing windows.
is there anyway to stop/abort/quit the windows setup process WITHOUT formatting the hard drive?

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello RE Windows XP Home SP Have Windows Recovery Console Installed Have Sony Recovery Disk FYI Prior to this problem I had Loop Won't Reboot-Endless XP other issues from running CC Cleaner registry cleaner I think I ran Malware Bytes full screen Spybot Search and Destroy Trojan Remover and Avast Antivirus full scan No issues except a false positive with Trojan remover it seemed over Jawbone Uninstaller Description Computer was hanging when trying to reboot Hangs at Computer is shutting down XP Won't Reboot-Endless Loop so I installed Microsoft user hive fixit repair to it would shut down Restored an old registry file from a couple weeks ago because of other issues including Internet explorer not starting windows update problem etc Computer would not reboot as it was hanging again Forced a manual shutdown Upon reboot computer in endless reboot loop loading bar going across then flashes of the following windows screen flash of blue screen no input signal Sony screen XP system options Hit f to windows advanced Options Menu Tried last known good config twice but same loop Tried rebooting to safe mode safe mode with command prompt safe mode with networking but still same loop Booted to windows recovery console and ran chkdsk f r but still same loop problem Selected disable automatic restart then Microsoft Windows XP and get BSOD I power down and manually reboot and the endless loop starts again This is an old Sony Desktop but I have a lot of software etc without original disks so I would like to avoid wiping it clean if possible I do have the original Sony recovery disks but not the serial number Since the Windows recovery console is available are there any suggestions to rebuild or replace needed boot files or others to try and get this thing back up Any suggestions Thank you Here is the BSOD message A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP x B XF A C xc x x nbsp

A:XP Won't Reboot-Endless Loop

I have basically the same problem (Compaq, 9 year old computer, prefer not to lose what I have on it, no real backup) and my error codes are: STOP 0X00000024 (0X000190203 0X84F7A9F8 0XC0000102 0X00000000) XP screen for 1/2 second or less, compaq screen, then, black screen with options (safe modes , last known, windows normal, etc.) I never get to anything but those 3 screens. I'm at my wits end! What do I do??? Thanks!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-reboot-endless-loop.1028702/
Relevancy 62.35%

Okay I have an acer laptop that has had this problem for almost a year now When I turn on my computer it shows the white startup screen with Acer in green then it goes to the black screen that shows information before it brings you to the windows xp loading screen The problem is that my computer doesnt even make it to the windows xp loading screen After the startup logo it goes to the black screen which displays this Intel UNDI PXE- build Copyright - Intel Corporation For Realtek RTL x x PCI Fast Ethernet Controller V PXE-E Media Test Failure Please Check Cable PXE-MOF Exiting PXE ROM After that happens on the same screen under the information I typed above it just copies the same exact info over so it looks like this Intel UNDI PXE- build Copyright - Intel Corporation For Realtek RTL x x PCI Fast Ethernet Controller V PXE-E Media Test Failure Please Check Cable PXE-MOF Exiting PXE ROM Intel UNDI PXE- build Copyright - Intel Corporation For Realtek RTL x x PCI Fast Ethernet Controller V PXE-E Media Endless Loop On Startup Test Failure Please Check Cable PXE-MOF Exiting PXE ROM Then the screen goes blank and it keeps on doing the same loop over and over and over and over until I turn my computer off No Idea whats wrong Does anyone have at least some idea of what is causing this Thanks for any and all help

A:Endless Loop On Startup

sounds like your computer is trying to boot via the network card, check in the BIOS for the boot order, make sure that the network card is set to try after the hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98523/endless-loop-on-startup/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello! I downloaded and installed Avast! Free Anti-Virus yesterday. When I restarted my computer, it started an endless rebooting loop. It will load the Windows XP loading screen before it restarts again. I tried going into Safemode, but it doesn't work - the computer just restarts instead of going into Safemode!

I'm an artist and there is a LOT of irreplaceable art files I've been working on the past month trapped on my computer. Is there any way to save my computer or at least access my files so I can back up this month's files?

Relevancy 62.35%

my wifes computer is a vaio and it is stuck in an endless loop where it starts up... hits the vaio screen.. waits abotu 5 seconds... restarts up again. anyone have any idea what i am to do here.

A:stuck in endless loop

You can either check the BIOS of the laptop and check its Boot device priority by continuously tapping F2 or Delete upon turning the laptop on (depending on the BIOS, I'd try F2 first), or try reinstalling the version of Windows you have installed on that particular laptop.

It seems it is having trouble getting to the Windows load process after the Vaio startup screen and never gets a chance to load Windows and offer some kind of error for this problem.

If this does not help you, wait for someone else to offer assistance. This is all I can advise for you to try with the information you provided.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-endless-loop.606671/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just put together a computer and used the windows xp proffesional edition. It formatted my hard drive and copied files, however when it restarted it went into an endless boot up sequence. the only options I get is "delete" to enter setup which seems to offer no help or "tab" which shows the specs for some reason and the the endless boot sequence will start again in 10 seconds or the moment I hit escape. If I press nothing it just keeps booting and booting

The Motherboard is an Asus p5b-vm se
Hard drive is EIDE 320GB

I dont know what else to say, when I hold f8 to try safe mode, it gives me a menu asking from what boot device to use:

Floppy Drive
IDE:WDC WD3200AAJB-5
IDE:CDU5211

none of which do anything but continue the boot sequence

thanks for the help

A:My Boot up is an endless loop

When you formatted the drive, did you also delete the previous partition on the drive? Might be worth a shot. Also make sure the Boot sequence is correct in the BIOS and that it does include the hard drive.

Also, whats the background info for this? Is this a new build or a system you are reformatting and if reformatting were you having other issues before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-boot-up-is-an-endless-loop.734207/
Relevancy 62.35%

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk partition (1) windows system 32

also xpress recovery2 GIGABYTE CD TITLE
Windows XP won't load, keeps recycling, tried to enter safe mode, won't let me. I have minimal experience. What should I do?

A:endless loop cycle

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get my XP machine to boot up? It goes through this loop where it prompts for for various starting modes. When one is selected it reboots, but goes back to that selection mode. Don't know if I described it 100% correctly. Anybody?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/endless-loop-cycle.879586/
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm usually very cautious about what i open on the internet. i guess i had a moment of weakness and opened a file that I'm guessing was infected,because shortly after i did,my computer restarted itself and keeps restarting iteself in an endless loop. it gets to the windows loading screen,loads that up for a few seconds and restarts. im in safe mode with networking right now. none of my anti-virus programs are working right,and my computer is too new for the problem to be caused by RAM or hardware malfunctions in general. my computer is all i have to do,and i havent been able to use it for about a week....im going a little stir crazy. couldnt find any help by reading other peoples problems so i decided to ask it myself and see what shows up. please help.

A:PC in an endless reboot loop

Have you tried using Last Know Good Configuration?

When you start to boot into safe mode...arrow up to Last known Good Configuration and hit enter.

If you are still unable to boot into normal mode, then run the following scans in safe mode:

You may need to download them using a different computer and transfer via USB if safe mode with networking wont allow you to download them:
Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.

Disable any script blocking protection
Double click dds.pif to run the tool.
When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt.
NEXT
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here.

Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
Click the image to enlarge it

In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)

Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.

Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in your reply.

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-in-an-endless-reboot-loop.922868/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I just finished building my second computer for my wife It Loop Start Endless is using the following components GIGABYTE EP -UD R Motherboard made in Dec INTEL Core Duo E processor GB of OZC SLI-ready RAM EVGA GT Vidio card Western Digital WD Endless Start Loop AALS Caviar Black SATA hard drive Sony Optiarc X SATA DVD's Windows XP Professional O S ANTEC SONATA III case with watt P S U MASSCOOL mm CPU cooler Antec Silver compound External Seagate FreeAgent HD Everything went well with the build and it started and ran just fine for several days while it was in my room During setting up Endless Start Loop the BIOS it went thru many cold starts and restarts etc just fine I installed a downloaded Temperature program and it indicates that the CPU temp is degrees C at idle and light loaded conditions Figuring that it was a go I moved it to my wifes computer room and she loaded a number of games and other software on it After installing many software programs everything was still working fine Then it started acting up Although it usually starts from a shutdown condition if it is running and it is asked to go thru a quot restart quot the Windows goes thru its usual shut down process the screen goes black then the POST screen comes on and it sits there for or seconds Then it shuts down sits there for about seconds and the POST screen pops back on It then sits there for another - seconds and shuts down again It will continue to do this for as long as I let it Pressing quot Delete quot or any of the F keys does not get it out of the loop It will not enter the BIOS when it is doing this The only way I've found to get it out of this loop is to kill the power and let it sit for seconds and then power it up again Hitting the START button after doing this brings up the POST screen and test results and it proceeded to start Windows like it should Does anyone have any suggestions that I might try to fix this Your help would be greatly appreciated I figure that somewhere in the BIOS I've messed up even though it was working fine for me during the build and post build testing I did

A:Endless Start Loop

Have you tried resetting the CMOS? Short the cmos jumper on the mobo with power off and disconnected. Then see if it starts up. also check that all cables and connections are properly seated.... cables and memory. Thats what I would start off with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/endless-start-loop-343671.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I used Acronis True Image 10 to make a copy of my laptop hard drive.

Recently got a different laptop and migrated the image to it through the recovery wizard. After fighting to get the thing to boot to the Welcome screen (agp440 mbrfix etc.) I now get an endless loop.

I click the icon to log on, I enter the password and get the message that windows needs to be activated. I click the activate windows now (Im aware I'll have to register or use a diff registration for this machine than my old laptop). NExt I get the message that "windows is already activated".
Then it goes back to the welcome screen. I click logo, enter password......same thing. It's on an endless loop. Rebooting does not help.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/endless-registration-loop-342620.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Gateway Intel Pentium Ghz and I m running XP Pro My computer is stuck in a boot-up for no reason that I m aware of The system Endless loop boot-up just began restarting out of the blue The restart gets past the Windows XP screen which does show F System Recovery option past the Gateway screen which shows F BIOS Settings but then instead of going on to the desktop it goes to the screen that says quot Windows did not start successfully Endless boot-up loop A recent hardware or software change may have caused this quot It then gives Endless boot-up loop you the choice of booting in Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last know Good Configuration or Start Windows Endless boot-up loop Normally When I attempt rebooting in Safe Mode or any of the other selections mentioned above the computer just restarts after seconds No new software or hardware has been added Any help would be so greatly appreciated Thanks guys nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

All right in an attempt at reinstalling XP over my current XP installation has gone horribly wrong I was having some problems getting Windows up and could only boot in safe mode So I toyed with msconfig and altered my boot options to where it automatically booted up in Safe Mode with Networking so I wouldn t have to manually do so everytime Well I forgot that I d altered this setting when I put in my XP cd and decided to reinstall windows The installation gets about halfway through and states that it has to reboot to finish Of course when my computer boots in Safe Mode I get an error saying that the Installation can t complete while in Safe Mode and that it s going to reboot again But since my boot ini has been altered it ALWAYS boots in Boot Loop Up Endless Safe Mode Now I can t boot up at all as everytime I turn my computer on it tries to finish the XP setup process with or without the CD in the drive I ve tried to boot off the CD again which leads to the same result I m aware this is a pretty stupid situation I ve gotten myself into and ANY help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Endless Boot Up Loop

Try last known good configuration from the safe mode boot menu. If you get in to safe mode, run msconfig again, under the general tab click the normal startup, and under the boot.ini tab, make sure that safe boot is unchecked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106025/endless-boot-up-loop/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a dell dimention 2400 that had XP home on it. I reloaded with XP Pro a while ago. There was a electric outage and itwet down. When I turn it on it does an endless loop of rebooting. I tried safe mode and last known good config ad still no good. I went to advanced boot and chose no attempt for reboot. After 1 boot try it says unmountable boot volume. I tried to insert the XP Pro cd and boot from it and I get NTdetect failed. Anyone have a clue? Is the hard drive shot? I thought inserting the cd would give me the option th load the OS or repair. Help. Thanks

A:Endless loop trying to boot

Are you sure you were booting from the cd and not the HDD? Not being able to boot from the cd won't have anything to do with the condition of the HDD, well it shouldn't anyway. I've seen stranger things. Lets test that theory, dissconnect the HDD and boot from the Windows cd. If it work reconnect and boot from the cd again. You will probably have to do a repair install from the cd which is very easy in xp. A smple google will show you othe steps to do that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/endless-loop-trying-to-boot.1056468/
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm running Windows 7 Premium Home on my Toshiba laptop and it does automatic updates. The problem I'm having is that when the comp boots up and the lock screen comes up, it tries to do the updates, then says that the update has failed and its going to revert the changes, then it reboots and the process starts all over again. I can't get past the lock screen to shut off the automatic updates. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

A:Caught in an endless loop

Can you boot to Safe Mode command prompt? If so you can disable the Windows Update service using the sc command.

If you can get there try this command

sc start=disabled wuauserv

Edit: On my Toshiba Laptop restore points do not work. Therefore I disable Windows Update and use a snapshot rollback program to take the place of restore points. You may have a similar issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393065-caught-endless-loop.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Windows 8 (not Pro) New ASUS laptop.
Logged into MS account. 8.1 downloads to 51%, starts the install, then quits and goes back to the download.
Over and over.
I've installed all win updates, un-installed MalwareBytes and SpyBot 2014.
Any advice appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/38809-endless-loop-while-updating-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I'm new here and I hope this is the right place for this question.

My computer just had a really bad error where it couldn't restart because a file was missing, Well I fixed that and I tried to restart but when ever I rebot I get this message "Windows XP setup can not run under safe mode. Setup will now restart." the only problem is once it restarts it's still in safe mode and the same message comes up.

Any help you guys can provide would be great.

A:[SOLVED] Endless loop

are you doing a clean install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-endless-loop-172056.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi folks It s been Endless Boot-up Loop years since posting to this forum in order to help a friend solve her computer problem and you guys were so impressive I always remembered it Well Endless Boot-up Loop this time it s my own Alienware Area -M running Windows XP that needs help It s stuck in an endless Boot-up loop At one point there s a lightning-quick flash of a blue screen too quick to read I ve managed to intercept the process and select quot Safe Mode quot quot Last Known Good Configuration quot or quot Boot Endless Boot-up Loop Up from Hard Drive quot but it simply winds up in the endless loop once again Unfortunately I Endless Boot-up Loop have none of the helpful discs that Alienware provides upon purchase of on of their computers as I m travelling and so wisely decided not to cram them in the rather full suitcase figuring it was only a small chance they would be needed Guess again Please if anyone has any idea what to do I would be so grateful for suggestions Keep in mind it won t be easy to respond there s no other computer available nearby and might take a few days before I can get back to you Where does one start Thanks so much Otto nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

5 month old pavillion w10/32 factory installed  boots no changes beforehand locked into repair mode just cyclesHave iso disc so think not a major issue go legacy bios and boot win cd  go to repair screen and  unable to repair as disk with windows on lockedRun full hp diag no issues wont run chkdsk wont repair mbr as most functions are not available coming to conclusion that the disc may be a hybred amd win 10 not seeing x partition?Not sure if error is in h/d ssd bit if there would be picked up by diagnostics?Issue one having tried ms site no joy in unlocking driveIssue two any way of getting PC to bootIssue three this seems to be an undocumented feature of the pc judgeing by the number of various forum postsAny help would be appreciated before it goes back to vendor 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/endless-loop-and-locked-drive/td-p/5680117
Relevancy 61.49%

So yesterday I have tried to reset my windows pc but when it was resetting my pc it got stuck at so i Googled to see what the problem was Someone said to hold down the power button and start my pc up again so i did that After i did that I got to a blue screen telling me to Launch windows Launch it from an external hard drive Shut down your pc This isn't exactly what i could choose but it was something like that So i chose Launch windows but after that my pc restarted and now i am stuck in an endless loop My pc doesn't even get to the windows logo It is stuck for sec at the toshiba logo then the screen loop stuck restarting Pc in endless a goes black for a sec and then i get back to the toshiba logo I don't get the BIOS screen and i Pc stuck in a endless restarting loop already tried booting from a usb but it doesn't work cause it can't get past the toshiba screen Help me please Thank you P s I am not very good with a pc Pc stuck in a endless restarting loop

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/128890-pc-stuck-endless-restarting-loop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I am a fairly well experienced computer user and I have been using Windows XP Professional ever since it came out I usually can fix my own problems but this one has me stumped Due a Setup Endless Windows in XP Loop corruption problem I wanted to reinstall Windows XP so after Windows XP Setup in Endless Loop backing up all of the files I want to save I used the original Windows XP Installation CD to reinstall Windows The first part of the process worked fine files were copied from the CD the configuration was saved and the computer re-booted After the reboot the computer continued to install Windows The first message on Windows XP Setup in Endless Loop the screen indicated that the installation would complete in minutes The installation process continued for about a minute and suddenly the computer re-booted again After this reboot the Windows logo appeared and the message appeared again that the installation would complete in minutes After about a minute it rebooted again This same process kept repeating several times until I gave up The computer was stuck in an endless reboot loop I tried different hard drives and got the same results I disconnected all of the hardware in the computer except the motherboard the graphics card and the Ethernet card I took out all of the memory except for one stick megabytes and I still have the same problem I am out of options Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem What I should do next I am pretty sure that I have a hardware problem somewhere in the computer I would like to find some hardware-testing software that can be put on a CD disk so that I can boot from the CD and run the testing software I have not been able to find anything like that Can anyone recommend some hardware-testing software that I can run from a bootable CD Thanks jba

A:Windows XP Setup in Endless Loop

Hello mate. It sounds like the install CD could have a read fault or be scratched or dirty. It's obvious the computer has difficulty reading it when it gets to a certain point.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-setup-in-endless-loop-456077.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello RE Windows XP Home SP Have Windows Recovery Console Installed Have Sony Recovery Disk FYI Prior to this problem I had other issues from running CC Cleaner registry cleaner I think I ran Malware Bytes full screen Spybot Search and Destroy Trojan Remover and Avast Antivirus full scan No issues except a false positive with Trojan remover it seemed over Jawbone Uninstaller Description Computer was hanging when trying to reboot Hangs at Computer is shutting down so I installed Microsoft user hive fixit repair to it would shut down Restored an old registry file from a couple weeks ago because of other issues including Internet explorer not starting windows update problem etc Computer would not reboot as it was hanging again Forced a manual shutdown Upon reboot won't Loop reboot-Stuck PC in Endless computer in endless reboot loop loading bar going across then flashes of the following windows screen flash of blue screen no input signal Sony screen XP system options Hit f to windows advanced Options Menu Tried last known good config twice but same loop Tried rebooting to safe mode safe mode with command prompt safe mode with networking but still same loop Booted to windows recovery console and ran chkdsk f r but still same loop problem Selected disable automatic restart then Microsoft Windows XP and get BSOD I power down and manually reboot and the endless loop starts again This PC won't reboot-Stuck in Endless Loop is an old Sony Desktop but I have PC won't reboot-Stuck in Endless Loop a PC won't reboot-Stuck in Endless Loop lot of software etc without original disks so I would like to avoid wiping it clean if possible I do have the original Sony recovery disks but not the serial number Since the Windows recovery console is available are there any suggestions to rebuild or replace needed boot files or others to try and get this thing back up Any suggestions Thank you Here is the BSOD message A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP x B XF A C xc x x

A:PC won't reboot-Stuck in Endless Loop

STOP 0x7B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE this can mean that the boot file has become corrupted or that the HDD has failed. Download the ISO image for Drive Fitness in my signature and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Extended tests on the drive. If either test cannot fix the problem, or fails, then the drive needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-wont-reboot-stuck-in-endless-loop-615042.html
Relevancy 61.49%

i just ran a virus scan and deleted what i was told was a trojan - ODV.DLL file

i had to reboot and the program (hitmanpro) had to delete the file at start up.
after the file was deleted i can no longer get to windows. i get the windows logo screen with the scrolling blue bar but after that the computer restarts before i get to the blue welcome screen.

i tried starting in safe mode and found it hangs on MDFSYSNT.SYS (which is linked to macdrive software that i use) and then restarts the computer again in an endless loop.

what can i do?
running windows xp pro sp3
what is odv.dll? i couldnt find it searching google.

A:[SOLVED] Endless restart loop without odv.dll?

Update:
after several attempts at REPAIR installations and upgrades of windows.. i was able to get back on my computer.. and so far everything seems to be working fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-endless-restart-loop-without-odv-dll-515056.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Greetings:
I am getting the following endless loop when I try to start up my HP Probook laptop. I cannot get into anything or stop it even to try anything.
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is your first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
***STOP: 0X0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A9928,0xFFFFFFFFC000000D,0x0000000000000000,0X00000000000000000

I?ve tried to start in Safe Mode to no success. Tried Start Up Repair-no success. The Last Known Configuration option came up with a blank screen and just the mouse arrow.
Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Cannot stop endless BSOD loop

Hello tones911.

According to Carrona.org, STOP 0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Usual causes: Hard drive, File system, Boot sequence errors, Device driver, Virus infection (in particular check the MBR)

Do you have access to another computer to download and burn a bootable iso in a blank disc/ flash drive? If so, scan the system for possible virus infection as guided in the following link.
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274735-cannot-stop-endless-bsod-loop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I got a new ASUS F series laptop a few days ago and yesterday while playing Team Fortress the graphics went all buggy and I could not see anything at all Now its done this before and I usually was forced to tab out because I couldn t make out the menu or new loop endless an So..my in is laptop stuck anything except So..my new laptop is stuck in an endless loop corridors really from the sounds the game sounded fine so shrug Well anyway I was getting frustrated by this so I decided to just hold down the power button until it completely shut off When I turned it back on it wen to the windows error screen asking me if I wanted to start in Safe Mode Last known good configuration etc Well here s where the problem is Whatever I choose the computer goes to the little bar loading and than blip half a second of blue screen silence and the computer restarts again the ding of the ASUS screen than straight to me picking an option Safe mode last known starting it normally nothing Nothing works Ugh Any options beyond sending seeing if my warranty So..my new laptop is stuck in an endless loop covers this nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all I'm not very familiar with ICT in general so please do forgive me if I misspecify my 8.1 endless => Win restart problem 10, loop question I will try my best My computer suddenly started to go for some sort of upgrade and was stuck at I did not authorize anything as such so I figured it was to update to Win which I didn't want actually To solve this I just pressed and held the power button and turned it back on Then it Win 8.1 => 10, problem endless restart loop started to some sort of endless loop from the Medion loading screen to another blue screen with a text that notified me that something went wrong there was a sad smiley face above the text I managed to get to a menu called Easy Flash Utility by pressing F and now that is where I'm stuck I have added photos of this My laptop is a Medion Akoya I also have taped the loop thing so I'll add that too if that's useful Thanks for your time

A:Win 8.1 => 10, problem endless restart loop

I'm sorry this has happened.  I would put in a windows 8.1disk or a third party backup disk or thumb drive such as Macrium reflect or Acronis and boot from one of those. Follow the instructions to retrieve a backup of your operating system. or If you have a Windows backup image of your computer, this would be ideal. You could use your windows 8.1 disk or repair disc to access features that would let you install a backup image, or just fix the boot process if that is all that is needed (I doubt one would be this lucky), and other features that are available. Other than that the last thing you want to hear is do a complete reinstall of your operating system.  But if you haven't made backups, I do not see any alternatives.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then give Microsoft a call and one of the nice people there can walk you through some smart ways to restore your system. (It was their fault per your comment, so emphasize that if they ask for a credit card.  However, I bet they do it free for you because they help people free with installation issues.. This is my experience.  Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616154/win-81-10-problem-endless-restart-loop/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey everyone,

this is my first time on the forum. I have a dell dimension 3000 , p4, 512 ram running windows xp. It has been working flawlessly for the last 2 years. I recently decided to try to use the standby and hibernate mode. After one day of these settings I came back to the computer and tried turning it on.. Nothing! I restarted it and a note came on the screen that a file nadtl32 ? not 100 % sure of that. could not be found. I went on to some sight and it gave me the solution. I promptly went back to the computer and did what it said. The computer started and then it gave me a blue screen. i shut it down and restarted and it just seems to be in a continuous loop of the windows startup screen coming on and then restarts again.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,,tile4fun

A:windows in endless loop on startup

What, you went to a website to follow a solution. ouch. I suggest you buy an external HD backup all your stuff and then format that drive. can you boot in safe mode ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-in-endless-loop-on-startup.654997/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I'm trying to escape and Loop Installation Endless XP Windows endless loop of a failed Windows install Details below the bolded part Windows XP Installation Endless Loop at the bottom is the part I am specifically having trouble with I'm getting this error saying that quot SETUPORG exe does not exist in the i folder on UXPCD quot There's a RETRY and SKIP options and technically i will choose the SKIP button The installation will finish but when the computer reboots itself it won't continue saying that there's a missing file C WINDOWS system presetup cmd - FILE NOT FOUND C WINDOWS system setupORG exe - FILE NOT FOUND setupORG exe - gt Original windows Setup exe POSSIBLE CAUSE quot Presetup cmd quot not exist in the i folder on UXPCD quot setupORG exe quot not exist in the i folder on UXPCD Check your quot Txtsetup sif quot in the i folder on UXPCD ---Txtsetup sif ------------------------------------- SourceDisksFiles setupORG exe must exist presetup cmd must exist -------------------------------------------------------- SETUP ABORT when i press OK the system will reboot and will go on a loop just like this I don't know how to solve this I've went through various forums and it seems that most of them haven't found the answers yet I thought you can help me with this I can't use my laptop now even if i run it in safe mode

A:Windows XP Installation Endless Loop

If I were a betting guy, I would suspect the disc that you have.
Is this a Manufacturer branded PC ?
Is this the original disc that came with the computer ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-installation-endless-loop-789434.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I;m trying to do a repair install of Win XP on a Toshiba laptop. Setup gets to the installing Windows part, then flashes a black screen covered in zeros, then a quick blue screen that I cant stop long enough to read, then reboots, and setup restarts. I have given up on repairing this install, now I just want to wipe the disk and start over. Problem is, I dont know how to get out of this vicious setup loop. Any suggestions??? Thanks!!
thyme

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I really care about security Endless toolbars loop of malware and what I download using MS essentials malwarebytes WOT for firefox but my roommate wanted to download some app for his android and he installed some malware It added extensions to IE firefox and chrome I manage to delete it from chrome and firefox but I just couldnt from ie so i disable whole ie from windows and some malware called OptimizerPro placed in C ProgramData I manage to delete with RogueKiller and AdwCleaner almost everything that malware did but one thing I cant As soon as I start win and start firefox those command lines get written in prefs js in my Endless loop of malware toolbars profile folder You will see that line in this log from AdwCleaner so how can I clean my system from that I wanted to reinstall firefox but the problem is that pref js file is in my profile folder and I need it for my saved passwords and other things I forgot to say the problem is that I delete those lines with AdwCleaner but as soon as I start firefox again they are there like I didnt delete them at all AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Operating system Windows Professional bits User VandaL - PC Boot Mode Normal Running from C Users VandaL Desktop AdwCleaner exe Option Search Services Files Folders Registry Internet Browsers - Internet Explorer v OK Registry is clean - Mozilla Firefox v en-US File C Users VandaL AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles rd az jl default prefs js Found user pref aol toolbar default homepage check false Found user pref aol toolbar default search check false Found user pref extensions BabylonToolbar prtkDS Found user pref extensions BabylonToolbar prtkHmpg Found user pref sweetim toolbar previous browser search defaultenginename Found user pref sweetim toolbar previous browser search selectedEngine Found user pref sweetim toolbar previous browser startup homepage Found user pref sweetim toolbar previous keyword URL Found user pref sweetim toolbar scripts domain-blacklist Found user pref sweetim toolbar searchguard UserRejectedGuard DS Found user pref sweetim toolbar searchguard UserRejectedGuard HP Found user pref sweetim toolbar searchguard enable - Google Chrome v File C Users VandaL AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Preferences OK File is clean - Opera v File C Users VandaL AppData Roaming Opera Opera operaprefs ini OK File is clean AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner S txt - octets - AdwCleaner S txt - octets - EOF - C AdwCleaner R txt - octets

A:Endless loop of malware toolbars

Hello qwertex0r Welcome to The Forums!!Around here they call me Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.I need to get some reports to get a base to start from so I need you to run these programs first.-DeFogger-Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool.The application window will appearClick the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation driversClick Yes to continueA 'Finished!' message will appearClick OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-Download DDS-Please download DDS from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:DDS.txtAttach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logsIn your next post I need the followingboth reports from DDSreport from security checklet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488373/endless-loop-of-malware-toolbars/
Relevancy 61.49%

My trusty old tester with a Q9660 core and an Intel DG43NB board running 7 64bit has suddenly started to go into an endless loop of starting to boot then suddenly stopping.

I don't think it is heat as I have now that long put new thermal in it plus and Arctic Freezer Pro. Have tried reseating the RAM and checking all connections but cannot see anything obviously wrong.

Anyone got suggestions on what I can try next please. I need this machine as my new Ivy B is in need of a reinstall and I just need to mail and stuff while I try and get it fixed.

A:Machine in endless boot loop

Does it boot into safe mode. If yes, that would point to a problem with a startup program.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266199-machine-endless-boot-loop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Mod edit MOVED to Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs boopmeGreetings I am getting the following endless loop when I try to start up my HP Probook laptop I cannot get into anything or stop it even to try anything A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is your first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP X B xFFFFF A xFFFFFFFFC D x X I ve tried to start in Safe Mode to no success Tried Start Up Repair-no success The Last Known Configuration option came up with a blank screen and just the mouse 0x0000007b Endless BSOD loop of arrow Any ideas Thanks

A:Endless loop of BSOD 0x0000007b

STOP 0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICEUsual causes: Hard drive, File system, Boot sequence errors, Device driver, Virus infection (in particular check the MBR)In your case you report a Stop: 0x0000007B (, 0xC000000D, , ) error in which the value C000000D = STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETERThis is most likely the result of partition table &/or boot file corruption (based on previous experience) ... most often caused by malware.What was happening on the system prior to this problem developing?Were you aware of any possible malware infection on the system before this problem arose?
Were you attempting to remove malware when the system became unbootable?Have you had to deal with malware on the system recently?If not malware, was there any other issue evident with the system or were you doing anything unusual that may have inadvertently caused this problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482287/endless-loop-of-bsod-0x0000007b/
Relevancy 61.49%

I believe I had a virus... Protection services was forcing me to buy there product and I had all kinds of viruses according to the program they are offering. Part of problem I believe was this offer.. I rejected it and problems compounded. Computer went from loading windows and desktop to a black screen and nothing loaded. I entered safe mode once and attempted to install a antivirus software Webroot Spy sweeper in safe mode, when asked to reboot to complete install, I did that and now I've been stuck in this safe mode loop and cannot go back in? Need help please. I am running XP version home edition version 2002 with service pak 2. it is a pentium processor 4 with 3.2 ghz and 1.0 gb of ram???

A:endless safe mode loop

You have a root kit virus, the best thing to do is to wipe the drive and do a fresh install of XP. If you could get into Safe Mode with Networking you could download some malware removal tools, but if you can't then it's best to format and start again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/endless-safe-mode-loop-392337.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Right up front I CANNOT GET INTO WINDOWS AT ALL NADA ZIP BUPKUS NO SAFE MODE NO DEBUGGING MODE NO RECOVERY CONSOLE NO START c000021a & loop the boot endless BUTTON Sorry to yell but most every post I ve looked at c000021a & the endless boot loop for the last c000021a & the endless boot loop hour has apparently been answered by someone just out of their local MENSA soir e and begins with detailed information about using Safe Mode I have on the bench a Dell behemoth running Windows XP Home My client called after acceding to an onscreen promise to rid her system of evil nasties for free I resurrected the AV software Security Essentials ran Malwarebytes to c000021a & the endless boot loop discover and dispatch the offender and its buddies Went to reboot and the system proceeded through POST the Dell splash screen and started to load Windows with the worm train of blue squares zipping across the screen The screen then goes to black and instead of the Welcome screen the Dell splash screen reappears It would do this ad nauseum if left to its own devices I have tried the following Kicking it this of course was more for my own benefit Run Knoppix from a live CD to recover the data files and scheduled a conversation with the client about Carbonite Mozy or SOSOnline Attempted to start in Safe Mode it runs through the list of drivers then goes dark and back to Dell splash Attempted to repair using a Windows XP disc gets to Administrator password hit return back to Dell splash and even though it runs Linux fine from a RAM drive Run MS s Memory Test I tried the Debugging Mode only to be teased with a screen telling me the C drive was clean a brief flash of a powder blue screen with some white fixed font not BSOD verbiage giving an indication something different was transpiring only to have it disappear before anything could be read in my excited prematurely overjoyed and elated frame of mind I have the data files so I am not adverse to reinstalling Windows--in fact I am resigned to it--but what I don t want to do is invest the time to reinstall track down and install drivers run hours of Windows Update reload programs and utilities only to possibly have this problem occur again This is a pro bono client with a special needs grandchild whose pride and joy is her original iPod Touch and downloading new tunes and programs for it the iPod I must say she has excellent taste in music and her playlists rival my Pandora stations A new computer is not really an option at this time Any insight which does not begin with booting into Safe Mode or going to the Start button would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:c000021a & the endless boot loop

I would personally start with chkdsk /r from an XP CD or a burned RC ISO. It fixes some broken files as well as sectors and whole clusters and might just find something in Security Descriptors that's getting in the way. After that, I'd go in with - in your case Knoppix - and bin all the rubbish from all User Accounts, including SystemProfile and checkthe sates of the last created .old or .sav versions of System, SAM and Software in case what I've already done doesn't make the system work and I need to revert to those files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c000021a-the-endless-boot-loop.980880/
Relevancy 61.49%

Windows Action Center displays this error:
Restart to repair drive errors

We found errors on a drive. To repair these errors and prevent loss of data, restart your PC now. The repair could take a while to complete.
The restart completes (doing very rapid checks), and after a minute or so Action Center displays the same error again. This happens every time I start the computer. Sometimes the computer boots straight to the Start screen, and sometimes it boots to a blue screen with the option of sending a report to Microsoft before completing the boot. Sometimes it sends a report with no action required.

I have checked the hard drive using PC Checkup with MyDell, and with TuneUp Utilities, and no errors are reported. Using CHKDSK C: /f /r /x does not complete, but gets stuck at 13%.

I have also used chkdsk to check the two USB external drives that I use, and no errors are found.

[Windows 8.1]

A:Restart to Repair, but endless loop follows

Hi, just saw this.. you've probably solved it by now.

Searching on your error message offers (for example):
Check disk (Chkdsk) runs when you start Windows 8 or Windows 7
"Restart to repair drive errors" keep showing up after reboot - Microsoft Community

You could also try running CHKDSK from a boot CD/DVD.

It would also help if you can identify which disk/partition - if more than one- is being flagged.

Good luck, dalchina

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45318-restart-repair-but-endless-loop-follows.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I am doing online course with Blackboard Our lesson links Javascript on BB access Real Media video on a local CD It worked fine with IE but not with IE I tested the CD locally with no problems So I don't think it's the problem with javascript Here is what happened click lesson link in BB bar security infomation loop IE7-Endless with and open a new window to play Real video A small Security Information window ask you quot Do you want to display the nonsecure items quot Click quot Yes quot Our IE7-Endless loop with security infomation bar video is blocked and the Information Bar reads quot To help protect your security Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your computer Click here for options quot Clicked the bar and allow blocked contents auto-reloaded the page and went back to the small Security Information window Click quot Yes quot repeats the whole process I have tried to turn off all the blockers that I can turn off It didn't repeat the loop but displays a black window with no video If I right-click and choose quot print preview quot the video will play on the paper in Print Preview mode Any ideas Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-endless-loop-with-security-infomation-bar-125558.html
Relevancy 61.49%

After reviewing other queries on the MS Answers and Technet forums I'm coming to suspect that this is a fairly widespread issue among Windows users I've tracked it down on my system to a service wuauserv which simply runs forever taking about 7 wuauserv endless Windows in 64-bit loop of the CPU and never concludes Disabling the service cures Windows 7 64-bit wuauserv in endless loop it but at the expense of preventing all updates nbsp I doubt if the problem is with the service I think it is following faulty instructions This may be due to hiding updates like those to prepare for Windows but restoring all hidden updates did not cure Windows 7 64-bit wuauserv in endless loop it quot Checking for updates quot continues to run endlessly Windows 7 64-bit wuauserv in endless loop At this point the only 'solution' seems to be disabling wuauserv and doing without future updates The alternative is no updates and a drained battery nbsp I suspect this needs some higher level Microsoft attention I have tried nearly all of the proposed fixes short of re-installing Windows and none of them have solved the problem FWIW I'm running -bit Windows and the problem appeared somewhere around April without any action on my part that I am aware of nbsp I have saved the megabyte WindowsUpdate log but it does not show any obvious problem to my untrained eyes

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab9fa571-ddc5-4853-a07a-450df6e783c3/windows-7-64bit-wuauserv-in-endless-loop?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 61.49%

This morning, July 31, I started a restart of my computer. During the normal shutdown the notice that the system was installing Microsoft updates came up that three updates were going to be installed.

For over six hours my Windows Vista Home Edition software has been in an endless loop that starts with a message on the screen that states:

Configuring updates: Stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete, Do Not Turn Off Computer.

I have tried to start in safe mode with networking and the same message appears and the endless loop process starts all over again.

Is there a way to stop this process? If so how?

A:Configuring updates endless loop

You should try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/configuring-updates-endless-loop-400446.html
Relevancy 61.49%

When I start the PC i see the windows logo like normal. then chkdsk is activated and runs through. However at the end it goes too fast that I can't read the result if it was successful or not. The screen turns black and then the computer reboots and the process repeat. No blue screen.

Boot disk is recognized properly incl size (checked in BIOS). I tried safe mode but there it just gets stuck while loading and the boot disk (intel g2 80 gb ssd) makes some noise, coil whine.

What are my options to be able to actually read the result from chkdsk?

A:Chkdsk: endless boot loop

Boot feorm recovery environment, or advanced boot options->repair computer->"command prompt".
Perform a chkdsk/f command there

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340782-chkdsk-endless-boot-loop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I do all the tech support for my family and friends but now I am truly stumped The computer is a dell dimension it all started with a BSOD with errors I tracked down and replaced the ram Great no trouble then I did a windows restore from the OEM disk that came with the computer and was still fine although it only had sp on it Went in to fix Thunderbird which had hiccuped and lost all emails and settings while trying to fix that the computer suddenly rebooted and has left me in the reboot from hell loop gets to windows logo and reboots no error or anything Here is what I have tried already EVERYthing stills reboots the SAME- safe mode repair windows fixboot fixmbr turned off all peripherals in bios Ran diagnostics on dreaded loop the rebooting endless all hardware all check out fine bootcfg Rebuild Perform an in-place upgrade Cannot get in windows to Disable automatic restart piggybacked it to my computer and all files and settings are there There are no errors also ran nortons adaware and spybot from there I think that s all but I may have forgotten somethings Now I am trying to use the Ultimate Boot disk and when trying to boot next device I get quot cannot get disk Parameters quot Is there anything else I can try before I give up and reformat the HDD

A:the dreaded endless rebooting loop

Before I wasted time trying to reformat the hard drive...I'd run the appropriate long diagnostic on it. Sounds to me as if that might be the problem.I would also slave it to a second system...and see if Event Viewer features any "disk" or "drive" errors.Of course...I would move any desired data files from it before doing any of this.The other alternative is consider the possibility that the file structure is damaged...usually, XP will indicate such with an error message of some type. Not sure what an "in-place upgrade" is, but if it's a repair install...then that only removes Windows from consideration as the culprit. Leaving malware and hardware as suspects.Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics - Vox - http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/bootabl...iagnostics.html Hard Drive Installation and Diagnostic Tools - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/ Dell Diagnostics - http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...lang=en&cs= And...don't misinterpret this. I'm not saying that the hard drive IS the problem, it's just the hardware item that I would start with.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317794/the-dreaded-endless-rebooting-loop/
Relevancy 61.49%

PC is a Dell Inspiron all in one running Win 7 64 bit home premium (I think). When I power it up, I get informed the last boot didn't complete and can choose between starting the Launch Repair Service or Starting Windows Normally. Choosing the repair service results in it hanging. Choosing the normal start results in a reboot and ending up where I just started.

Safe mode doesn't work. And I don't have a recovery disk or an install disk (only one of my four machines that I don't have the disk, go figure). I tried booting the last known good configuration but that just started another reboot.

I'm out of ideas. Any help would be much obliged.

A:Endless Loop of Startup Repair

You'll need the disk for repairs. It's provided in these steps which try everything possible for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349792-endless-loop-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Dell Studio Xps 8000 Core i7

Windows 8 installed 3 weeks ago, This was the only no issue install I had.

Unit was sleeping and when it awoke frowny face stating a problem occurred
and attempting to repair, Error 0xc000021a

It will restart and repeat endlessly

A:Endless Windows 8 Reboot Loop

Are you able to access the system at any time? Or do you always fail to start Windows?

If you can get into Windows, Please follow the http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html to provide the crash reports.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/endless-windows-8-reboot-loop-677482.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I'm new here obviously so thanks in advance loop checking' endless 'Disk for taking the time to read my post Dell XPS running Win x Had it for about six weeks and I had two problems I with it - every so often maybe once a week when I would turn it on instead of booting into my 'Disk checking' endless loop normal startup screen it 'Disk checking' endless loop would say 'Preparing Windows' 'Disk checking' endless loop then boot into like a generic account with none of my programs or files or anything shutting down and restarting fixes that problem A little annoying but no big deal - every so often maybe twice a week I I'd shut it down and I'd get the BSOD with 'SESSION HAS VALID POOL ON EXIT' given as the problem I bit of Googling seemed to reveal that this was a fairly common issue with Wi on this particular machine so I never worried too much about it I'm describing these problems because they might shed light on the NEWEST problem which is as follows Did a Win update yesterday and today I discovered that when I turn the machine on I get 'To skip disk checking press any key within second' at the Dell startup screen I didn't press anything but it didn't seem to go into disk-check booting normally into Windows instead I tried to do a disk check and right away it told me 'Windows has found problems with your disk' telling me I had to restart to fix them so I did and got the same 'To skip disk checking ' message followed by an immediate boot into Windows instead of any disk checking I tried to do a system restore thinking one of the updates might be causing the problem but when I try to do a system restore it tells me that I have to run check-disk first but every time I do I get the same routine I just described above Anyhow it doesn't actually seem to affect the computer's performance but it's an annoyance and a concern and I just want to fix whatever the problem is If any of y'all can shed some light on it for me I'll be so appreciative Thanks again for reading this

A:'Disk checking' endless loop

You could try running:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in elevated command prompt.

It takes 15 minutes to an hour to finish.
Reboot when it is done.

It might help.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25311-disk-checking-endless-loop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I m trying to escape and endless loop of a failed Windows install Details below the bolded part at the bottom is the part I am specifically having trouble with I m getting this error saying that quot SETUPORG exe does not exist in the i folder on UXPCD quot There s a RETRY and SKIP options and technically i will choose the SKIP button The installation will finish but when the computer reboots itself it won t continue saying that there s a missing file C WINDOWS system presetup cmd - FILE NOT FOUND C WINDOWS system setupORG exe - FILE NOT FOUND setupORG exe - gt Original windows Setup exe POSSIBLE CAUSE quot Presetup cmd quot not exist in the i XP Windows Installation Endless Loop folder on UXPCD quot setupORG exe quot not exist in the i folder on UXPCD Check your quot Txtsetup sif quot in the i folder on UXPCD ---Txtsetup sif ------------------------------------- SourceDisksFiles setupORG exe must exist presetup cmd must exist -------------------------------------------------------- SETUP ABORT when i press OK the system will reboot and will go on a loop just like this I don t know how to solve this I ve went through various forums and it seems that most of them haven t found the answers yet I thought you can help me with this I can Windows XP Installation Endless Loop t use my laptop now even if i run it in safe mode nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Ok so basically, after successfully installing windows 10 from windows 7, I decided to clean my hard drive and reset windows because I deleted my "edge" and thus my apps were not working. The problem then started, the reset went fine until it reached 64% and read "configuring settings" then it just restarted my PC and went in a loop like this;
>startup
>bios screen (Asus/Intel)
>monitor turns off
>monitor turns back on
>blue win10 logo and loading circle
>black screen for 5-10 secs
>install screen displaying 64%
>restarts and loops
This wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't been up for 5 hours already trying to fix it, I really need help now. Thanks

A:Endless boot loop after reset

Try installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 if resetting the PC isn't working. There isn't any major difference between fresh installation and reset in Windows 8/8.1 or 10. However, keep in mind that this will requires Windows 10 Installation CD or bootable USB that you may have created previously.

Good luck!!

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/12857-endless-boot-loop-after-reset.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My pc was infected with some rouge Anti-virus software that I was able to remove using Malwarebytes The very last of the instructions during that boot in XPpro endless loop process was to Restart Computer The PC will not restart in any mode The splash screen comes up and then the PC does what appears to be a hard reboot exactly as if I shut it down It then attempts a reboot and the loop continues The only way I can get in is during the XPpro in endless boot loop POST screen to invoke F which is a custom feature of my Gigabyte board that allows a rescue CD to be inserted The interesting thing is that I don t actually have to put any CD in and the computer will then boot in normal mode XPpro in endless boot loop Once in all features programs work fine I ve XPpro in endless boot loop run malwarebytes AVG and SUPERAntiSpyware and all come back clean It is almost like during the removal of the virus my system files were corrupted There are no error messages or BSOD at any time just endless boots a couple of times and then it locks after a few POSTs with a blinking cursor Any ideas

A:XPpro in endless boot loop

Well...you contradict somewhat in what you state, it seems .Does the system boot into Windows in normal mode?Does it boot into safe mode?The blinking cursor on XP...typically indicates a damaged MBR. Normal cure for this is to use the XP Recovery Console and run the fixmbr command...but this is not suggested for persons with OEM systems (due to nonstandard nature of the boot structure for those systems).Since you indicate that you have a Gigabytes board...does that mean that you also have a MS Genuine XP CD?If so, then I suggest reading Black Screen (fixmbr) - http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503.As for the reboots...we need more info.Go to Control Panel/Performance & Maintenance/System...Advanced tab. a. At the bottom of the tab...click the Error Reporting button. Make sure that Enable Error Reporting is chosen and check marks are in the two options. Click OK on that particular tab only. b. On the Advanced tab, just above Error Reporting...click the Settings button. On the Startup & Recovery tab...under System Failure, checks in first two options, no check in the third option. Under Write Debugging Information...you want "complete memory dump" reflected, along with %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP.<<It is almost like during the removal of the virus, my system files were corrupted.>>That happens routinely...for that matter, any file may become damaged routinely...it's only when it becomes obvious that we guess that such has occurred. To repair/replace missing/damaged system files...my choice would be to do a repair install of XP. An alternative is to run the sfc /scannow command. This may or may not solve your problems with your system, it's just an attempt.How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43051.html LouisAnd...your system may still be infected but I cannot determine such. It just amazes me that people always talk about removing this or that...as if there was only one malware item on the system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354120/xppro-in-endless-boot-loop/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, folks. I've had lots of success mining the forums here for virus/malware assistance here, so thought I'd try with a new problem.
My Dell Latitude D620 running WinXP SP2 will suddenly will not boot up properly.

When I power it on, I get a black screen saying that Windows did not shut down properly, and offers me a variety of choices, from Safe Mode to Last Known Configuration to Start Windows Normally.
Regardless of which I choose, eventually a blue screen with white text appears, just for a second or 2, too fast to read anything, and then I get returned to the original black screen. And so on, until I simply power down.

I do not have any of the original disks for this machine, and nothing has been changed on it.
This just started happening about 2 nights ago for no reason I can identify.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Rap

A:Laptop won't boot / endless loop

Download BlueScreenViewNo installation required.Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381582/laptop-wont-boot-endless-loop/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all, I hope someone can help. Everytime I go to start my windows xp sp3 media edition computer it keeps looping and doesn't make it to the log on screen. I can't start in safe mode either. When I press F8 at start up and get to system recovery consoul I run CHKDSK / R and everything comes up ok. No new hardware or software has been added. I am not sure if it is a virus or what.

Thanks

A:Windows XP endless boot loop

I checked the ram also and it is ok. I hit F8 on boot and disabled auto restart and this is the Blue Screen Of Death Error Message I get.

***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF798B524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-endless-boot-loop.915763/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey After eagerly receiving my PC today from the repairshop due to this problem http www sevenforums com crashes-d ml post I got it back with a new motherboard the Gigabyte ultra durable GA-Z XP-UD -iSSD and I booted up my PC everything seemed to work but I noticed some flickering on the screens and endless stuck in loop PC session. I assumed it was due to the lack of graphic card drivers so I removed two of my screens leaving one PC stuck in endless loop session. left and pressed the reset button it started as usual however my screen received no signal and after around seconds the PC turned itself off after about seconds later it turned itself on this seem to repeat itself as an endless loop I'm receiving no picture my keyboard mouse aren't lighting up however my headset does I've removed the mobo battery to reset CMOS didn't help and i've spent the past two hours googling without finding a sollution I'm running without an operating system as I just received the PC back from repair Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks PC stuck in endless loop session. in advance

A:PC stuck in endless loop session.

I'd pack it up and return it to the repair shop. Doesn't sound like they finished repairing it.

Does it have the CPU cooler installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219401-pc-stuck-endless-loop-session.html
Relevancy 61.49%

After a (sloppily done on my part) multiple driver update on 7 Home Premium x64, I've been tossed into Startup Repair. SR goes into an endless repeating loop - never reporting failure, just an endless repeat. I've used the Windows 7 install disk and tried System Restore. Twice System Restore has reported success, yet I immediately end up booting back into the Startup Repair loop.

I am given no options - when I try F8 I'm simply tossed back into Startup Repair. I'm thinking there may be a command prompt way out of the loop, but I'm clueless in that area.

Really need to avoid a clean install.

Offering up half my kingdom for help here. Thanks.

A:Startup Repair Endless Loop

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/168740-startup-repair-endless-loop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

my work machine started acting up yesterday. even though i have it set to log in automatically, the log in screen started appearing suddenly when i boot. the only option is my regular account.

when i click it, the monitor (old crt) clicks off and on, like it's changing resolution. it goes blank for a second, then the login screen comes back up.

it takes some messing about, restarting, and lots of clicking, but eventually it logs in and i can work.

any thoughts? i'm baffled. and i'd rather not spend half the day reinstalling everything...

A:endless loop at login screen

Bad drive? May sound strange but I wouldn't be surprised.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/21440-endless-loop-login-screen.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Long story short I had the bvd System endless loop Restore exe malware I was able to delete it but now my dual-boot Windows XP Windows Vista is having problems with connecting to the Internet Neither Windows XP or Windows Vista sees my modem After trying everything renewing IP address and resetting the Winsock and spending hours on the phone with AT amp T tech rep and re-installing Windows Vista with no luck I have decided to restore my Windows XP system to a previous restore point My Windows Vista never was able to System Restore endless loop save a restore point Here s the problem After I select a previous restore point in Windows Xp my computer goes through the process then reboots When you expect it to complete the operation after rebooting a dialog System Restore endless loop box appears that asks me to select a restore point If I do then the computer goes through the process reboots then asks me to select a restore point again It never restores to a previous point I ve spent a week doing all this with only limited results a slow Internet connection after resetting Winsock But it reverted to no Internet connection after the computer rebooted Based on previous problems after finding malware I can only assume this is a configuration issue But I ve exhausted my options Any suggestions would be most appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

the latest victim of the autochck not found rebooting cycle I ve endless advice autocheck loop. tried most been thru the forums looking for a solution this link http www infocellar com winxp chkdsk-and-autochk htm provided some good info however generally the point is being missed You cannot get into the registry autocheck endless loop. tried most advice to modify any autochk values My situation is thus i have two drives with win xp pro sp on both One for use the other for emergencies like this I can switch the master slave relationship between autocheck endless loop. tried most advice them While trying to fix this problem following some other advice i accidently deleted the recovery console but have regained that Ive found that you can tweak this in order to get full access to ALL files This is no good seeing as i cant get passed the autochk not found message in the firstplace quot to turn this feature on in the relevent OS The closest solution was the PTEdit one where you can run this from a bootable floppy and the status of the drives are shown I assumed it would be an easy fix but the showing a hidden volume was not there the value representing that the drive is loadable is shown for BOTH drives this fix worked for most others maybe i need the latest version as the one i used was so the questions is there any way to use the accessible installation to modify the inacessible OS installations registry autochk keys or files so it boots properly Can anything be done thru the recovery console of the inaccesible OS as this can be used note if i slave the inacessible OS drive i can still access the files on there Also after a fsutil check the drive was reported as not dirty I noticed that the chkntfs commands don t work in the recovery console only cmd which is a because these seem to be the only commands that can fix this problem in dos Any changes here I assume are still irrelevant because they are changing the wrong registry and are meaningless when i boot from the other drive Respekt and the title of genius is bestowed on anyone that can fix this Mind u my xp cd is damaged so it has to be done without a repair installation or using the other OS options ie safe mode with the exception of recovery console these cannot be accessed nbsp

A:autocheck endless loop. tried most advice

Using Disk Management in the available XP, right click the XP partition on the other drive and 'Mark partition as active' - if it's greyed out it is already set and isn't the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autocheck-endless-loop-tried-most-advice.706090/
Relevancy 61.49%

I was recently using my girlfriends computer when a message came up saying something about an automatic update then went into a repair mode. Then when the computer restarted it went into startup repair. It says it can't find any problems, and when you restart it, it keeps going to startup repair. The computer originally had XP on it, and her step dad installed 7 right before we moved across the country, so we don't have any kind of install or recovery discs. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Tyler

A:Startup repair endless loop

Well now things have taken a turn for the worse. I tried to disable the startup repair, and I guess I did. But now when I boot the computer, it says I'm missing a file and won't run windows without the cd. Please help me fix this problem so we can get back to my initial problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379019/startup-repair-endless-loop/