Windows Support Forum

Microsoft expected to unveil a pair of Lumia smartphones, Surface Pro 4 and Band 2 at October event

Q: Microsoft expected to unveil a pair of Lumia smartphones, Surface Pro 4 and Band 2 at October event

Microsoft is reportedly planning to host a massive hardware-focused media event this fall in which it'll introduce two new Lumia-branded smartphones, the Microsoft Band 2 wearable and the Surface Pro 4.

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft expected to unveil a pair of Lumia smartphones, Surface Pro 4 and Band 2 at October event

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft expected to unveil a pair of Lumia smartphones, Surface Pro 4 and Band 2 at October event

I hope they release a updated Type Cover keyboard. That is literally the only gripe I have with the SP3.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-expected-to-unveil-a-pair-of-lumia-smartphones-surface-pro-4-and-band-2-at-october-event.218410/
Relevancy 20.21%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey guys and gals my names Alex I m in the market right now for what to get for myself as far as a mobile pc goes I ve been doing a lot of research on Microsoft Laptop Pro on Surface 3 Opinions or s Surface Pro and honestly I m really happy with the results What I m looking for is pretty much what the SP has mobility but power Now that s just my general needs honestly I could probably do without the SP but I m starting to get into D modelling and along with D modelling a little bit of art I don t and probably won t do it professionally but more-so as something to Opinions on Surface Pro 3 or Laptop do on the side for fun and maybe to help developer buddies of mine looking for models or art of some kind but still mostly for fun By the way the version of the SP I m looking at right now is the i variant with the gb of ram and gb SSD Read and believe it s the best price wise for the uses I ll Opinions on Surface Pro 3 or Laptop be using it for ie d modelling drawing light games Opinions on Surface Pro 3 or Laptop etc Explained more below And I ve read up on the Yoga a little as well and I ve found that it costs about the same as the Pro for just about the same components The pen for the SP looks really good and from what I ve heard works really well with the tablet But besides just being a good tablet I m wanting something that can work as a bit of a laptop I m a big gamer BUT When I m on the road I m not the kinda guy to be interested in playing HEAVY games really When I m on the sail boat or on the road or something I d much rather have lighter less battery required games like Dwarf Fortress or small rogue likes anything that s fun requires thought and can drag me away from the drive unless I m driving So I think the SP would be perfect for Dwarf Fort and other small games I play simply because usually they require more processor and near to no graphics with the occasional exception So I guess really a tablet would be my best option at least personally I really don t want to lose that ability to use a pen in favor of being able to more easily modify and repair a device such as a laptop I guess the next question is is the Surface Pro my best option for tablets So far it s the most highest rated one I ve seen as good for regular consumers go instead of just professionals So I guess my question is does anyone have their own opinions on the SP or other tablets possibly cheaper that are just about as good Please try to avoid being biased or putting a product down due to a defect or something I want good sturdy advice with someone that s had a lot of experience with the SP while doing the same things I do or at least similar Cheers Alex PS Money isn t that much of a problem for me really but being cheap whilst also strong performance wise is a really good thing for me Used to work on a really really slow PC and really don t want to go back in time Also I am pretty good with computers I ve spent a good portion of my life working on them myself and even have built the PC I m using right now myself not that that matters too much but it s more to say that if there are things I have to do to improve performance of the SP or something etc to help that kind of thing nbsp

A:Opinions on Surface Pro 3 or Laptop

I should mention, the main use for this PC is NOT gaming, if you haven't already figured that out. It's meant more for browsing on the side of my main PC, for browsing and other things when I'm on the road, modelling when I'm away from my main PC, etc. NOT gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opinions-on-surface-pro-3-or-laptop.213363/
Relevancy 54.61%

Much of the lure surrounding Microsoft's long-rumored Surface Mini was the notion that it'd come in at a lower price point compared to its full-sized brother. That project was ultimately scrapped and instead, we got the Surface Pro 3 -...

Read more

A:Microsoft's new Atom-powered Surface 3 starts at $499

This was sounding so promising then I got to 2GB RAM....

Have a look at your PC now - if you are running next to nothing over standard windows services, then you are probably somewhere around 1.2GB. Add an email client, some virus software a few Chrome Tabs and you will already be swapping away to page file as the OS starts to worry about memory and things will start to grind. How much would 2 more MB cost? Shame as otherwise it sounds quite a capable little machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsofts-new-atom-powered-surface-3-starts-at-499.210900/
Relevancy 25.37%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 47.73%

Sir,
plz rate (or give ranks to) the following smartphones :
- samsung note 3 neo
- samsung k zoom
- sony xperia z
- htc desire 816
I'm really confused b/w these phones ..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rate-the-smartphones.205316/
Relevancy 47.3%

Good day mates! Quick question, what smart phone are you using for gaming? I use a Samsung S Duos and it seems fine to me. Getting rare delays and hangs but works good in my gaming. I play Kingdom of Legend and it runs smoothly in my phone. I can also play other games but I really liked this one because I don't get lags or any internet connections problems. Suggest me any phones and the price so I can budget things out lol.

Thanks in advance!

A:Games for smartphones? What is your phone?

Samsung GalaxyNote3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-for-smartphones-what-is-your-phone.201443/
Relevancy 52.03%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 26.23%

How serious is this? I'm running on a Dell laptop with a Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller.

It is saying that I should back up all of my important files because of possible hard drive failure.

PLEASE HELP? I don't know how to fix this because I don't know what it means.

A:Hard drive is reporting a Smart Event error message

It telling you your hard drive is on its way out. You can try running a check disk and see if that helps. But to be on the safe side you should back up your personal files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-reporting-a-smart-event-error-message.199432/
Relevancy 20.64%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey all I currently have an iphone s and I am looking to upgrade to a new phone The s and one screens are too big for my taste so I was thinking about an s mini xperia sp or xperia zr I mostly use my phone for surfing and watching movies during the commute Also the occasional casual game nothing too fancy I read in some reviews that the battery life of the s mini especially for those tasks is very good some between smartphones Torn but I Torn between some smartphones find the phone to be a tad bit too expensive for the hardware Torn between some smartphones it contains around euros The xperia sp on the other hand offers better hardware for a much lower price euros but I am finding statements about the battery life to be very conflicting Anyone got some experience with this phone The xperia zr then it looks very nice but I am afraid the covers for the usb port and mm jack are not very solid and will be broken in a month or Torn between some smartphones Anyone got some advice nbsp

A:Torn between some smartphones

The S4 mini has beaten down specs. If you are not a spec freak, then go for it. Have you thought of the iPhone 5? Or maybe the iPhone 5S coming out next month.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/torn-between-some-smartphones.195686/
Relevancy 20.64%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-access-database-issues.194266/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey techies I ve been looking into smartphones recently because I intend on getting one in July If I m honest I don t want to spend on the Galaxy S or the HTC One and I d still rather not the Galaxy S Looking around on Amazon there are a number of these flagship clones produced by Star or TTsims for about that on paper look pretty decent and a pretty good substitute to the real deal despite a few pieces of irremovable Chinese software apparently these can be removed by rooting but I have no idea what that is or how the majority of them boast quad-core A s or A s with a MK graphical processor and varying between qHD and fHD AMOLED screens But how DO they compare to the real thing if I m honest compare do real clone to smartphones How thing? the cheap I don How do cheap clone smartphones compare to the real thing? t need the best thing in the world but I d prefer at least p with a quad-core so if none of these actually are that good I may just settle for the Galaxy S Mini If anybody has any experience or knowledge on these matters please share nbsp

A:How do cheap clone smartphones compare to the real thing?

I never really go for clones. Go for something cheaper from a big name brand. There are plenty of smartphones here in the US that are cheap ($50USD-$100), some even free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-cheap-clone-smartphones-compare-to-the-real-thing.193109/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a Dell Studio 1737 Windows Vista Home 64 Service Pack 2. All of my drivers are up to date and I have the most recent BIOS.

I get this error message in my event viewer a couple of time an hour:

Source: ACPI
Event ID: 13

: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

Also, when my computer is unplugged from the AC and running on battery power the system lags a lot and after about 15 minutes its turns off without warning.

I feel like this is all connected. Any advice?

Thank you!

A:ACPI error Event ID 13

This could be caused by a failing hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acpi-error-event-id-13.190645/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello Everyone errors event DNS client I m have a problem on my newer computer that I would like DNS client event errors to know if anyone could give me hand trying to figure out DNS client event errors Now this is not an error that is preventing the computer from working But I get an error in the Event viewer constantly Just makes me think that there is something wrong Error is as follows Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer Jay-PC Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot C E- EEA- A -A FE-A B DDB D quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Location quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Context quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Like I said earlier If anyone can give me a hand with this I would greatly appreciate it Also Im sorry if I m posting this in the wrong Forum Topic Wasn t sure what sub topic I was supposed to put it under Thanks nbsp

A:DNS client event errors

Easiest approach is to delete the host file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc contains hosts

you need ADMIN privileges
First stop the client by getting a cmd prompt and enter net stop "dns client" (exactly as shown)
now cd to \windows\system32\drivers\etc

del hosts
then recreate it using echo "" >hosts
(that is two consecutive double-quotes without anything between)

now you should clear the event viewer log containing the error and follow up with
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-client-event-errors.186735/
Relevancy 20.64%

Why doesn't my microsoft lifecam work with windows 7? Is there a simple way to fix this problem?

A:Windows 7/Microsoft Lifecam

We would need the model number to tell you a reason to why it is not working, and if there is a fix.. If there is no supported driver for windows7, you may need to attempt to use a Windows Vista driver and run it in compatibility mode.

If these options are not possible, you may have to purchase a new one.

Please reply back with the model of the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-microsoft-lifecam.185668/
Relevancy 32.68%

Before I get to the poll a little history is in order I got my first droid retiring my GS moved to iOS from WinMO few years ago But I think it is the most 920 or ATIV Lumia S regrettable of decisions I made Because despite the fact that I always went for the higher end droid at least of its time e g Desire SGS SGSII Sensation SGSIII to name few I never found a stable solidly performing android phone They all suffered from random crashes reboots sluggishness hang ups and I only install apps - I need nothing more They all have various annoying quirks as well e g SGS ATIV S or Lumia 920 III doesn t want to find any WiFi network at times folders on home screen will randomly open at ATIV S or Lumia 920 their own my older Sensation s screen would stop responding quot in some places quot etc IMHO almost all droids I owned had great hardware but a crappy OS Few months ago I got my hands on Lumia and used it along side my Sensation SGS III for months and my views about WP totally changed It easily outperforms all those multi-core droids with its dated single core SoC being absolutely rock solid and very easy to use UI unlike androids copycat of iOS It is time again to jump ship only thing to decide is should I get ATIV S or Lumia though I m tilting toward the later due to better support upgrade cycle of Nokia compared to Samsung However SuperAMOLED display of ATIV S will be more battery friendly and it also have expansion slot ATIV S comparison Lumia specs Specs of HTC X amp Accord rumored Lumia along side Samsung ATIV S So what you guys would pick nbsp

A:ATIV S or Lumia 920

I'm firmly set on the Lumia 920 right now. I've always had a thing for Nokia handsets, and until Android hit the scene I only ever owned them. Plus, I don't think I'll miss the lack of storage expansion (my SGS3 has 16GB now and I'm only using 1GB of it!), and I think Nokia will be quicker and more supportive with its own apps than Samsung will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ativ-s-or-lumia-920.185141/
Relevancy 37.41%

I recently got a zte g n290 phone,TV phone, but its locked to a particular network/ service provider. I got some info on how to unlock it and did, before I did it said invalid sim but now it goes through and now it searches and then says Emergency / select a network. I've tried other codes and stuff.
If there is any other way that I can do this please inform.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unlock-dual-band-phones.185172/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a mixture of domain and workgroup computers on the network and wan to have them all visible in Microsfot Windows Network My Network Place Group - Machine amp Machine are on workgroupA with its not Computer Microsoft in visible Windows Network own subnet and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are on the domain and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are also on the domain however on a different subnet and it too can see each other fine If I am on Machine it only sees Machine When I am on Machine it can not see Machine or however it can see Machine The same goes for Machine can t see any other machine except Machine even though its on the domain I have a WINS server in place in Group and it WINS see all the machines as Active Registrations But when I go into My Network Places on the WINS server it only sees machines in Group which are Machine amp Machine DNS entries are setup correctly with correct hostname and IP so I m lost as to what is happening here Sorry of this sounds confusing nbsp

A:Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

My understanding is that

a given system(A) may be attached to a domain OR
unattached and accessed in a workgroup; mutually exclusive.
That says your request is not possible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-visible-in-microsoft-windows-network.181851/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've been playing games for more than 12 years with KB+Mouse and have never used a controller before. Games are becoming more and more controller optimized and I have an Eyefinity setup that would give a better experience with a gamepad, so I decided to get one

I've narrowed my options to Razer Onza TE BF3 Edition (Wired):

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.235034100/categoryId.54297600

And Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows :

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo...d-20&ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322381006&sr=8-3

They both seem pretty good, but have heard very mixed views on razer products...

Which one is better ?

A:Razer Onza or Microsoft controller for Windows?

Do you already own a wireless 360 controller? You can use a 360 controller on your PC if you add one of these. I use it and it works fine.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...FCT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331256805&sr=8-1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-onza-or-microsoft-controller-for-windows.178459/
Relevancy 33.97%

Just to whet the appetite of the Techspotters who are squirreling away cash ready for the day that 28nm GPU's see the light of day.

8+6 pin PCI-E (with provision for 2 x 8 pin possibly for testing purposes).
12 memory IC's -so presumeably 12 x 32-bit = 384-bit memory bus
Tahiti (HD 7970/7950) production/availability slated for Q1 2012, Pitcairn (HD7870/7850?) in Q2 2012.

[Source : Beyond3D forums]

A:AMD Tahiti (HD 7970/7950) pics surface

Some possible info surfacing at OBR (He of the supposed-fake-but-actually-on-the-money-Bulldozer-leaks).
The graphs look off from what I've seen on the intertubes, but the 15% improvement over GTX 580 in 3DMark11 seems on the money, which should translate to ~22-25% better performance than the HD 6970 in gaming. This would tend to add weight to the decision to allow board partners to have custom HD 7950 designs at launch, since it would seem that the 7950 isn't going to be the performance equal of GTX 580/ overclocked 570. Custom SKU's would allow overclocked performance to better match the Nvidia cards -much the same strategy as Nvidia employed with the GTX 560Ti.

PCGH are reporting that the 7970 will hit retail at a ?539-549 price point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-tahiti-hd-7970-7950-pics-surface.174436/
Relevancy 34.4%

More on Bulldozer Architecture here from WCCF Tech....

http://wccftech.com/amd-slides-detail-bulldozer-zambezifx-am3-platform-architecture/

A:Slides surface on Bulldozer innards

G, in the past 8 months we have read a ton of rumor with a ton of supposed genuine slides only to find out so much is bogus. X-Bit Labs website in particular comes to mind

And you understand this a lot better than most people I know. So this NOT directed at you. I just like to know what you think and how reliable is this website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slides-surface-on-bulldozer-innards.169778/
Relevancy 39.99%

I just built a new computer: ASUS-M4A785TD-V EVO with 6GBs of Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 CL9 240pin Dimm shouldn't it show as 1600 speed and not 1333 the part #: KHX1600C9D3K3/6GX can someone tell me if this is right or not,I'm running Win.7 64bit Home Premium. PSU-Corsair 650w.

A:Memory running slower than expected

In order to run your RAM at 1600 on your board the RAM must be overclocked. This is why the motherboard has it set at 1333. See this link and click on the Detail tab: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131398

Great choices on board, memory, and power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-running-slower-than-expected.154869/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have someone who is experiencing random connection problems on the clients such as slow or no connections to mapped network shares. Event id 10009 keeps being recorded in the domain controller logs.

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer MARK-PC.pmc.local using any of the configured protocols.

It has a range of different computer names within the same events. As far as DCOM is configured it's only setup to use TCP-IP.

Server - Windows Server 2008 Standard FE
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Clients:
24 XP Pro
2 Vista Pro
2 Vista Home (should they be using home in an environment like this?)

I have attached the last 256 logs from Application & System as of yesterday evening at around 5pm'ish. I've checked again this morning and looks like the same error has already been re-occurring.

Can anyone give me any suggestion as to where to go with this?

Thanks.

A:Event ID: 10009 DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <computer name>

Extra Info

Sorry I forgot to also mention that the server is acting as a DHCP server and that there router has had DHCP disabled. Client PC'S are set to local static IP'S and are not actually set to obtain if this has any variance.

Thanks, David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-10009-dcom-was-unable-to-communicate-with-the-computer-computer-name.147932/
Relevancy 20.64%

My razer deathadder recently died and I couldn't afford another one, so I went for something cheaper

I got the intellimouse 3.0 and i'm not too impressed

I have the pointer speed set on the fastest setting, but when you are moving the pointer around slowly it jerks in increments of of a millimetre or so, and its quite frustrating when gaming, especially in sniper situations

Is there any way to make it smoother?

A:Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 - making it smoother?

If you haven't already, install the intellipoint driver. Although the mouse will work using the native Windows driver, you will have fuller use of its capabilities if you install the latest driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-intellimouse-3-0-making-it-smoother.151804/
Relevancy 26.23%

I d posted in another part of techspot about a problem that it finally turned out was a slowly very slowly dying hard disk that I d had as my D drive for data and documents etc on an XP SP system gig memory Pentium GHz Not wanting to again be so vulnerable to losing my data I thought I d try a RAID configuration I went cheap yes in event viewer errors on copies RAID large and often a mistake I know with an Addonics ADSA PCI controller card that supported software RAID Once I got past the bad documentation - the installation guide started with the driver installation then the next step said quot do this part first if you re configuring RAID RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer quot and described a procedure where several things were to be installed BEFORE the card was - things never really got going smoothly I got RAID running and thought that for sake of ease I d just copy my data roughly gigs from the single drive that had it to the new RAID setup The old drive I had relettered to Q and the new array was D this was done before I configured RAID and formatted the new drives So I went to Q and selected all highlighting all top-level files and folders and their subcontents copied then went to D and pasted Every time I tried this within - minutes I d have a BSOD either a kernel stack or a kernel data inpage error The time it seemed to work best I d moved about gigs in some files So is that a problem with the RAID or with Windows and its copy function Obviously I don t typically copy that much data using copy and paste but I ve done it before without problems Ultimately I used an image of my data and restored that image onto D and all worked well And the computer has been stable now for almost hours since all this happened There ve been two exceptions One was that twice on restart XP has launched chkdsk on C my boot drive not the RAIDed data drive The first time this happened I d had to do a force restart after a lockup on a mass copy attempt so I could have accepted this becuase of the abnormal ending The second time though was after a smooth Windows restart that I did when installing some Windows updates a NET service pack that had been pushed to me after I had to install NET as part of the required RAID utility package that came with the controller card Since I m almost never asked to run chkdsk and when I am I usually understand why this bothers me The other is that I have gotten several event viewer errors related to the new RAID array A few were at a time when I had restarted Windows smooth and normal Windows restart and it went to the login screen fine and stayed that way overnight Others have occurred invisible to me when I m on the PC Here s the most recent one Event Type Error Event Source SiSRaid Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer XP Description The device Device Scsi SiSRaid did not respond within the timeout period For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data f h c a Is this stuff normal Should I be worried Pre-RAID I d go weeks usually but often months with no errors ever in my event viewer nbsp

A:RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer

So I went to Q:\ and selected all (highlighting all top-level files and folders, and their subcontents), copied, then went to D:\ and pasted.Click to expand...

Ouch! The technique of copy/paste is more likely to cause issues than anything else, especially on large size transfers.

Empty the Raid target
Select the top-level-folders
drag-n-drop onto the Raid Drive letter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-errors-on-large-copies-and-in-event-viewer.151764/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys I would like to purchase a pair of headphones which would offer new pair of A gaming headphones? the best sound quality of both worlds I mainly use my headphones for gaming hours and listening to music hours I pretty much do a even amount of both of my hobbies each day Would the AKG K be ideal for these types of environments More info on the AKG K I was currently in the market for a gaming headset But as i came across these headphones these seem the better viable options AS if i A new pair of gaming headphones? were to purchase A new pair of gaming headphones? a gaming headset i would only be able to A new pair of gaming headphones? enjoy one of my hobbies I know these headphones aren t designed for gaming but the headphones offer good bass and response time which is essential in gaming My question to you is i currently game on a Sony plays station would these headphones be compatible with the Sony plays station More info on Sony plays station One connectivity that i am certain that the Sony plays station supports is USB Now i know that the headphones do not come with a USB adaptor quote me if i am wrong but is it possible to buy one of these for this headphone Or some other kind of adaptor that will enable the headphones to work with the Sony plays station Again I m sure that the Sony plays station has more connectivity so could you please research this Another question i would like to ask is say for example these headphones are not compatible with the Sony plays station Could you guys recommend one which performs similar Also if i were to buy this headphone and use it for gaming would i get the same gaming experience as if i were using a gaming headset By that i mean quot you can hear people sneaking up behind you quot with a gaming headset would this be the same for the headphones My budget is Thanks to all that contribute nbsp

A:A new pair of gaming headphones?

I'm not sure if the PS3 supports USB headsets like a PC does. I also don't know for sure that the USB ports on the console are 2.0, because the only thing I use them for are charging the controllers. I could try my USB headset a little later to test it out... but most USB headsets just convert to regular 3.5mm jacks anyways. If you have an audio receiver you could use optical audio with the PS3 and then connect your headset that way. I actually use my PC's sound card as my receiver and connect my phones through the computer. Of course I need the computer on when I use the PS3 but there are a number of options with any headset.

As far as actual headsets go, there are a LOT of options and tiers in terms of quality. I have the GameCom 777 by Plantronics and they are plenty good for what I need them for. Those AKG's seem really nice from the reviews but are very expensive. I paid well under $100 for my headset and they are by far the best I've owned. Just go with what you like...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-pair-of-gaming-headphones.149843/
Relevancy 41.28%

Recently my faithful pair of SONY SRS-PC rear speakers stopped working after years of use Now I was going to get the Logitech S Speaker System because of the Amazon Newegg reviews and that it meets my needs for the kind of performance I am expecting out of such a sound system HOWEVER I discovered through other people s comments online that the speakers are hardwired together by a very short audio cord This means the speakers are What's of speakers? good a pair computer not quot extendable quot Since I need the speakers to be - feet apart in my room I want to be able to conveniently extend their range with the stereo extension cables I already have I don t want to manually cut the wires because I m afraid I may cross over the wrong wires in the wrong What's a good pair of computer speakers? way and decrease the sound quality This means I have to look for another set of speakers that are minimally quot decent quot to meet my needs like the Logitech S but where the speakers are quot extendable quot if you get my drift The problem is that I have looked everywhere on the internet and I could not find any or speaker system setup that allows me to place the speakers - feet apart due to the fact that they are HARDWIRED UGGGH Can someone please help me find another or speaker system that is in the same price range I wouldn t mind paying or more for a better performing set though nbsp

A:What's a good pair of computer speakers?

Try one of the sets at Cambridge Audio which you will find on-line... Also take a look at the speaker systems at Directron.com, TigerDirect.com, NewEgg.com, ZipZoomFly.com, PCMall, CDW.com,

then pick them by RMS power ratings...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-good-pair-of-computer-speakers.145050/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi

I recently reinstalled windows xp on my ibm t43 but now I can't connect to the Internet. I've tried everything I know which is very little, but I can't find the wireless conection that is in my house.

I'm in need of some help... Please

A:Can't connect to Internet after reinstalling Microsoft XP

Hi Speedracer :wave:

I am not a mod, but
Welcome to :grinthumb

When I arrived, one of the Mods welcomed me with these helpful hints.

You should read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.
System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-after-reinstalling-microsoft-xp.139114/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi everyone I m hoping someone here can help me with some sound problems Back on my old XP computer which I really miss the default sound manager was the Realtek HD Audio Manager as is the case with this settings help 10 manager, band EQ audio Vista computer However on the xp system the manager had band equalizers 10 band EQ settings audio manager, help that you could tweak to your liking It helped me get the most out of my crappy speakers and made listening to music and gaming tolerable On Vista though the band EQ has been completely scrapped and in its place are a couple crappy presets none of which provide the right tuning that I want Here s a pic of the XP one just for reference http i photobucket com albums oo qqnplayah soundmanager jpg The current one for comparison http uk geocities com iain lavache btinternet com real jpg So as you can see the new Vista manager is seriously lacking in that department and I m debating getting new speakers to make up for the deficiency Does anyone know of another program that manages the audio for your computer And I m not talking about video player equalizers as every single video player worth its data bits has it own equalizer I need a global audio manager that tweaks sound across the board and I need it bad Any help would be awesome nbsp

A:10 band EQ settings audio manager, help

Why don't you invest in a good 3rd party sound card and use its supplied audio managing software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/10-band-eq-settings-audio-manager-help.134021/
Relevancy 26.23%

I m looking for some help please My computer was giving New of event HDD/XP lots gets stuck errors booting, viewer me lots of BSOD slowed stuck bootups and errors originated New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors from Device Harddisk D in my event viewer My hard drive failed generic long tests and had bad clusters so I got a new hard drive installed it New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors with XP and it was fine for a week Then my computer would boot New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors to a blank screen and wouldn t boot in safe mode So I yesterday reinstalled XP again and now it s staying on the XP loading screen but never actually loading Safe boot got stuck as soon as I went into event viewer I managed to get it to start up normally just now and I am seeing these errors in event viewer -Error event ID The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D -Warning event ID An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation -Error event ID The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning That same error repeats only instead of DHiverCP NetBios it s DNS Client TCP IP Protocol Driver and IPSEC -Error event The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Aavmker AFD AmdK AsIO asuskbnt aswSP aswTdi Fips IPSec MRxSmb NetBIOS NetBT ohci RasAcd Rdbss Tcpip Does this appear to be a hardware issue or is there a problem with the copy of Windows I obtained I m so frustrated I almost want to buy a premade from Dell and forget about it My current system specs Asus M N-SLI Deluxe mobo AMD Athlon X GB Corsair -Pin DDR SDRAM Please help nbsp

A:New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors

It appears that you have a nice system, if you can get it back to normal.
We have to suspect other hardware, since two hard drives have similar symptoms... but you may have copied evil stuff from the one drive to the other. How did you transfer files? Or an infestation.
What did you use to scan your system for virus and spyware infestations?
Have you carefully checked your cables... or even tried replacing them temporarily?
Examine all sockets for dirt and debris, and clean your system thoroughly but carefully.
You may need to rule out some things that do not seem part of the problem... as it may be a long and slow process to figger out where the problem is... I would start, if the drive will work well enough, by running MemTest86 for four hours or seven passes, which ever is longer... or removing half the memory to test the other half, then switching.
We always suspect the cables first. They can fail and look good.
Any defective hardware part can cause problems elsewhere if the conditions are right... so I would begin by making a check list, then trading out everything on the list... video card, modem even if not used, ethernet connection or software, .
I would also try another drive and cable... any other drive, even using the first drive, fully reformatted and reinstalled with Windows and basic software....
Windows will not normally cause these of problem, but if you have scratches or smudges that would make it difficult to read, then you could theoretically introduce errors... unlikely though that is.
You could have an optical drive error that is not seeing the software properly.
But it is also possible that your Asus board, good as it is, has a defect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hdd-xp-gets-stuck-booting-lots-of-event-viewer-errors.131519/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello I recently bought and installed the Flight Simulator X Acceleration Pack X Flight Simulator Microsoft in my laptop but when I play it I have a poor performance such as low FPS and chopped gameplay so I have weather scenary and traffic in very low but Microsoft Flight Simulator X for the resolution Microsoft Flight Simulator X it is the same for my computer to use a low one x than the higher one x Does anybody know how I can fix it My laptop has the following specification Acer Aspire Z OS Windows Vista bit with DirectX Processor Intel Pentium dual-core T GHz MHz FSB MB L Cache GB RAM BG HDD Video Card MB Mobile Intel Graphic Media Accelerator X Chipset Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Controller Version I am not sure if it is because it uses a lot of CPU resources or if it is because of the processor or the Video Card I have other games as Age of Empires and it has a high performance even if guns are firing Thanks nbsp

A:Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Everybody complains about this. I think the program is a resource from the jump.

Now FS2004, that will run great on anything. And it doesn't have to be activated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-flight-simulator-x.131939/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am connected to a network domain. When I go to My network places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>Domain I can see all networked computers when I am wired in but when I connect wirelessly I cannot. I use a "Wireless access point" connected to my firewall router. I have tried disabling the wireless firewall and assigning a static IP. I am logged into the domain but the only way to can view the other computers on the network is to connect through a wired connection. I'm thinking it has to be a setting in my Wireless router but I cannot figure it out.

A:Viewing Microsoft windows network

Hi

when you connect via the wire, and via wireless is the ip address,subnet and default gateway in the same range ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viewing-microsoft-windows-network.131090/
Relevancy 20.64%

I noticed when I turned on my computer today it said it was unable to install some drivers. I look in my device manager and it has the yellow exclamation mark by the following:

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #5

My system is a Dell XPS 630i on Vista 32bit home premium.

I immediately went to the Dell site and installed all the latest drivers and the bios as well but this did not fix the problem.

I am able to connect to the internet. Is this a problem and if so can somone wizard help me troubleshoot it?

Cheers in advance

A:Microsoft 6to4 adapter

Delete these drivers in the Device Manager and restart your system. See if Vista reinstalls these automatically

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-6to4-adapter.126383/
Relevancy 20.64%

My Microsoft Habu mouse freezes when at some game servers, I play mainly DFX and in some servers where plenty of action is going on, the "nice" mouse freezes for several seconds, about 5 to 10 seconds....specially if I swirl it.

My PC is home built with an Intel Q6750, 22 inches samsung lcd monitor, G 15 Logitech KB, 4 G memory Mushkin, GForce 280 Video card, nfORCE 780I MOBO,Thermaltake 750 PSU, several fans and a V1 cpu cooler. I run Windows XP Pro 32.

Any idea why this is happening, the driver version is 2.12 and firmware is 2.03 on the mouse. I am about to dump it to the garbage can, any suggestion about a real good and reliable mouse, cost is no issue...

Tks

A:Microsoft Habu mouse troubles

Go with a moderately priced Logitec gaming mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-habu-mouse-troubles.123378/
Relevancy 20.64%

when i try to change the font in excel or word it freezes and then crashes. but it doesn't do this with power point or one note. i have reinstalled it, deleted the normal.dot thing but nothing seems to work. and yes i have done the Microsoft diagnostics but it says that it should be working fine. so it would be nice if some 1 knew why this happens and how to fix it

A:Microsoft Word 07 freezes

any 1? come on there must be some 1 that has had this happen to them and know a fix for this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-word-07-freezes.119814/
Relevancy 20.64%

We have a new WSUS server running WSUS 3.0 sp1 on Windows Server 2008. I'm new to this so I was wondering if anybody would know it's it's capability be to deploy non-Microsoft installs and upgrades. I'm specificially thinking about Adobe products (mostly Adobe Acrobat). We will need to upgrade all of the computers on our network from version Acrobat 8 to version 9 pretty soon. Will there be a way to do that? Will there be a way to deploy updates when they come out? Or just one or the other? Is that pretty much up to the individual vendor? Do they have to make a special package that we put on the server? Or can we make one ourselves? Would that be hard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wsus-for-non-microsoft-products.119548/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New VX-3000 Problems Microsoft Lifecam Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still get the error message Next I check and see if Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems

If no one can help me with my problem, can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can resolve it. (Other than Microsoft Customer Support that is, that's definitely a last resort).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-problems.118681/
Relevancy 19.78%

I currently have a pc that was windows 2000 that is now not working. I recently put a new hard drive into the pc and it currently store all my music (itunes) and document flies. I would like to if it is possible to take the hard drive out and connect it to my other computer externally. The only other issue is the other computer is running on vista. Is it possible to do this?

A:Can I make my internal HD external and I change the type of microsoft it runs with?

Yes, you can take that hard drive out of the 2k machine and read it just fine in Vista. What you can't do is take your OS drive from 2k and boot another machine with it, but I don't think that is what you were asking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-make-my-internal-hd-external-and-i-change-the-type-of-microsoft-it-runs-with.114513/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, I download movies off of the internet and i recently made a huge upgrade to my computer, new mobo, cpu, HDD, Graphics card, dvd drives, monitor etc..

Anyways, some movies I D/L have this vertical "Green Band" on the screen, in the middle.

This is beginning to be a major problem, because my "Mom" keeps yelling at me. LOL

My NEW system specs:
AMD Anthlon64 AM2+ DualCore 3ghz(ea) 6000+
MSI K9 Neo-F
Foxconn Nvidia GeForce 8500GT 512mb
2GB OCZ Reaper HPC UHP DDR2 ram

A:Green Band Problem

-=Do you download your movies from various sources or from one source?
-=What is/are the file extension(s) of the videos that have the green band?
-=Are you able to copy the movies to another computer/does the same problem happen on the other computer?
-=Which media player application are you using? (Windows Media Player/Center, RealOne, MPlayer, ETC)

At first glance, this seems to be a codec problem. There are many ways to get around this, like trying a different media player, or installing codecs that support your video format.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/green-band-problem.111965/
Relevancy 18.06%

Ok, so i got kinda a blue screen yeah . I tried to start a video chat on msn, well the computer decided not to like that. Anyway, now i get this message every time i try to install my sound drivers

"Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system before installing realteck HD audio driver"

My mobo

Using onboard sound.

Googled, read, looked around, ran windows repair, help? pls? thanks guys

A:Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system.... "error"

after googleing, i found 2 potential solutions:

Right click on My Computer, go to Properties, Hardware Tab, Device Manager. Look for any yellow bubbles next to the devices. If you see any, right click on it and click install driver. Select the option to find the drivers yourself, the next screen should allow you to browse and navigate to that folder. If the drivers still don't install then go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com in IE and get any hardware updates you can get. The MS bus driver might be an update you need to get.Click to expand...

I installed WinXP once more, installed SP2 and then the Sound Driver.
Again it didnt work.
(DAMMIT!)

Then I remembered that i actually had changed a sound card setting in the bios. (No i did not diasble the soundcard )

The case i have installed this Mboard in has a front pannel.
And the Mboard has a front panel connector.

To connect the front pannel I had turned to the manual to get the rigtht pins set up.
The manual states on page 2-31 that:
"The default setting for this connector is legacy AC'97 audio, if you want to use the High Definition (Azalia) audio features, set the AC97 & Azalia Link A in the BIOS to Azalia."

Well this case does not use a high-definition audio front panel, so of course i had diasbled the Azalia Link i Bios.
(It was enabled in the Bios even when the manual said that the default setting was AC'97, ow well ... )

For "fun" i just tried to put it back to the setting it was when i installed the Mboard (Azalia), and then, bingo, the sound card worked in windows.Click to expand...

seems like a very rare problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-bus-should-be-loaded-into-your-system-error.50870/
Relevancy 20.64%

Lots of valuable information in that file I'd like to access. I was able to create a new Outlook file in safe mode so I guess the program is OK.

It was suggested to me recently the cause may have been due to me having Microsoft Service Pack 1 at the time. I had not updated to Service Pak 2 (which I now believe has been updated to Service Pak 3). Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, do you think there's a chance that if I update my Service Pak that I might still have a chance of recovering the data I had in my original Outlook file?

A:Still unable to open Microsoft Outlook

I dont think just upgrading to service pack 3 would do any good.

May be you need some more luck there.

Hope you get the help you need

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-open-microsoft-outlook.110662/
Relevancy 20.64%

Been trying to solve problems with my graphics card for ages think i've finally found it

in IRQs i have about 100
"Microsoft ACPI compliant system"

why do i need so many?

is this a error?

i was hoping someone would know something about these and why i have so many.

just got me worried when the list appeared with loads of them on,

system specs:-

OS: Running vista ultimate 64bit & XP Home with 2 Hardrives
Case: Coolermaster Black NVIDIA Edition Stacker 830
Power: CM Realpower 850W Modular PSU
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6850 3.0ghz Kentsfield
Motherbaord: Asus Extreme Sriker II 780i
Controllers: Scythe Kama-Meter Multi Functional Controller
Memory: Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500C5 TwinX
Drive: ASUS DRW-2014L1T DVD±/RW DRIVE
Storage: 2 x Samsung SpinPoint T 160GB SATA-II
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Sound Card
Graphics: 512MB BFG Tech 8800GTS

hope someone can help.

A:Microsoft ACPI compliant system? too many?

That is not a normal thing imo.

In Bios;

Make sure your Advanced setting for Plug and Play OS is set to Yes.

Then, under Power, set the ACPI APIC Support to Disabled for now.

Boot and see what, if anything, changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-acpi-compliant-system-too-many.109509/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,
I just bought a Razer Reclusa keyboard and the only problem I'm having is that it does not "power up" so to speak until after post. If I needed to get into the BIOS I could press [del] a million times and nothing would happen. Once windows starts up, it works fine. Is this just the way the keyboard is? I'd appreciate any info.
Thanks.

A:Microsoft Razer Reclusa Keyboard

Haven't looked up that keyboard, but I think I know what it is (the fix) anyway.

You need to get into your BIOS (with another keyboard, ideally PS/2 if you have the connection)
Then set Enable for USB Keyboard/Mouse support

I think that may be a bit of a mind teaser to do, but I'm sure you'll work it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-razer-reclusa-keyboard.109352/
Relevancy 20.64%

Well I was in the market Zune Microsoft 30GB for a new mp player as I broke my old Creative Zen MicroPhoto and ended up buying a Zune on ebay they are not actually available for sale in stores in Australia First Microsoft Zune 30GB off I was expecting a much larger box for it to arive in I was kind of suprised that it was as small as it was not that its really small though The layout of the box is kinda neat though Headphones that came with it are pretty good for default earbuds they also are magnetic and have small little clips on the back so you can clip together back to back Nifty and rather handy I have found Video quality is very nice for an mp player I think Although I dont use it for video just music I have watched the little videos that came on it I thought they were very nice quality It has WiFi novelty maybe but not a feature I really care about and think I will ever use Interface looks nice and performs well although I do prefer the interface of my old Zen MicroPhoto I am dissapointed that you cant use the device as a portable hard drive I have read that you can do a couple of changes to your windows registry and it will show up as a portable hard drive But I dont really care about this I have flash drives that are sufficient for my portable storage needs Its not perfect and has no extraordinary features but If you are in the market for a mp player and don t like iPods as I do consider a Zune If anyone has any questions about the Zune I will be happy to help you as best I can nbsp

A:Microsoft Zune 30GB

Did it come with the new firmware ? When the second generation of Zune players came out, it was officially possible to upgrade old Zune players to the second generation firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-30gb.101363/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi All;

From time to time on my XP Home SP2 machine I get a "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." warning.

I've read the MS Help and Support info, do not have a virus or malware as was suggested in the article and I tried the cmd line: netstat -no proceedure to no avail.

It's not the end of the world and my dsl has no other issues.

I can live with it, but wonder you know of a work-around.

Certainly appreciate any help.

A:Tcpip Warning in Event Viewer/System

Concurrent Session usually are found in your browser or a Torrent client application.
Limits on them are imposed to ensure your system does not drown and lockup due
to excessive connections from ONE application.

Reaching the limit is non-fatal; ie the programs should continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tcpip-warning-in-event-viewer-system.106349/
Relevancy 26.66%

My problem started when I upgraded my computer to an Intel C2D, 2GB Corsair DDR2 Memory, Windows XP Pro, two Liteon LH-20A1S SATA DVDRW's, EVGA nForce680i video and Viewsonic flat screen all running on a EVGA NF680i S775 Mother Board.

Sometimes the machine freezes, sometimes not. The error message is: Source: atapi, Type Error Event ID 9, Description: "The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort7, did not respond within the timeout period". (At times I get Event 15 error)

I suspect it has something to do with the two Liteon DVDRW's I have.

Would anyone know if this is a known problem? I have the latest video drivers.

Thanks,

Alex

A:Atapi Error Event ID 9 freezes computer

do you have a good driver? Did you update the drivers recently? If so roll back to the previous working driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atapi-error-event-id-9-freezes-computer.89407/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a ATI Radeon 9200 AGP graphics card however it only has hardware acceleration when i install Microsofts drivers. When i install the ATI Catylist drivers then dxidag shows accelaration greyed out. I have an AGP 3.0 slot.
Is there a specific driver that i am suppose to install as this card was given to me second hand?
What could be the cause of this?

A:ATI Radeon 9200 only works with Microsoft drivers

Fully uninstall the ATI program
You may also use the ATI uninstall program to be very thorough.

Download the most up to date ATI program(drivers) for your card
Re-install and test again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9200-only-works-with-microsoft-drivers.102930/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello guys I just purchassed a laptop HP Pavilion dv cl Entertainment Notebook PC After the very first thing I did opening it from the box and setting it to Cannot only Microsoft connect sites up I tried to connect on the internet I found Cannot connect only to Microsoft sites that Cannot connect only to Microsoft sites all Microsoft related sites refused to connect and of course Windows Update too I am able to connect to Google Yahoo and some other sites but as I said cannot connect to Microsoft IE shows website found Loading but it never does I struggled to fix this issue by going to HP support site thinking to update Ethernet drivers and so but all in vain I also tried to use a couple of drivers from NVIDIA s site but it was helpless The other thing is that at HP Drivers and Support site my hardware does not match For this specific model there is provided software for the hardware that is not present in my l-top For instance bluetooth is not present in my l-top and when I downloaded the Network driver and tried to apply the update an error message was displayed as no bluetooth device is present on the system which aborted the further installation I also have different type of Optical Drive I tried to contact HP Online Support but it kept showing connecting without ever finishing it To this writing I am not in the States and also when I set up the l-top for the first time I was out of US if it does make any difference I know that nothing is wrong with my ISP because I can connect another PC and the network works just fine I really need help in this matter AMD Athlon x TK- Mother Board manufacturer QUANTA MODEL CF CHIPSET NVIDIA nForce Rev Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go M nbsp

A:Cannot connect only to Microsoft sites

what operating system did you install?
did you also install a firewall program or any other "freeware" utilities for internet security and stuff?
did you try a different browser such as firefox?

please post back
mscrx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-only-to-microsoft-sites.100680/
Relevancy 26.66%

My desktop is a Dell Dimension c and lately I couldn t start Dimesion 4600c Event Thermal Dell it The orange light on the power button is blinking and nothing happens when I press it And at times when it would power on I get a previous shutdown due to thermal event message until recently it wouldn t start anymore Most of the times it wouldn t start is probably because of the air conditioner The air blows directly to Dell Dimesion 4600c Thermal Event the computer and it gets real cold So last time when it won t start I had to use a hairdryer to heat it up or put it out in the sun But that doesn t seem to work anymore So my question is is something wrong with the fan or the power supply P s I don t know if this is the place to post this I really don t take care of my computer so let s forget about that Your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated my location is Malaysia and the average room temperature is degrees celcius nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimesion-4600c-thermal-event.98806/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi , i am running a windows server 2k3 with sp2 and server is getting rebooted with event id 1001 :The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000003, 0xe0872e04, 0xf187f9c4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020808-03.dmp.

and also i am getting event id 1003 : Error code 1000008e, parameter1 80000003, parameter2 e0872e04, parameter3 f1aff9c4, parameter4 00000000.

in the logs may this also be related to same issue.
Could anyone help me figuring out the cause of this. whether it is due to any driver or hardware failure. I am also attaching a dump files along with the thread.
Pls help me with the resolution asap. thanks

A:Event ID 1001: server rebooting from bugcheck

Pls reply asap i need help urgently thanks

I need to get it resolve very soon . pls help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-1001-server-rebooting-from-bugcheck.98680/
Relevancy 41.28%

My good Friends Graphic Computer Just died...(explosions)

i wanted to ask what would be the most reliable mother board that he could buy. And that could be paired with an Core 2 duo E6850? His old board was an Abit and thats about all i know about his dead system.

Also i was wondering about P35 mobos or should he get an Nividia 680i?

I Got an EVGA system with an E6750 and it runs without hiccups should i recomend my layout or should he go with another company?

all i need is an mobo that is not an P35 and is not Abit and supports Core 2 Duos?

can any yall help??

A:Need a Mobo and CPU Pair for an graphics Enthusiast

"I Got an EVGA system with an E6750 and it runs without hiccups should i recomend my layout or should he go with another company?"...

You like your setup and it runs good... go with it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-mobo-and-cpu-pair-for-an-graphics-enthusiast.93083/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi can anyone of you help....

Recently when i start my computer it will automatically reboot and under computer management i see the error....

It will usually reboot twice and perform well after tt..it's very irritating

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 7c6b142c, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80544bea.

A:Error, Event ID: 1003, Category: (102)

Computer hardware specs please!
How can we help you if we don't know what you have? Think about it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-event-id-1003-category-102.92296/
Relevancy 26.66%

My thoughts regarding Barcelona AMD Launch Event TechSpot news: the recent AMD Barcelona launch Feel free to flame me if you wish just as long as you do it nicely As Intel seems to get all of the good press regarding both desktop and server CPUs these days AMD threw an official Barcelona shindig last night in San Francisco Calif The event which took place at two buildings in the San Francisco Presidio District focused on Barcelona AMD s first quad-core server processor Although I was unable to attend the event due to prior personal TechSpot news: AMD Barcelona Launch Event engagements several friends and colleagues who made it to the Letterman Digital Arts Center told me that it was an absolute blast Along with it being a rather interesting event the official unveiling of Barcelona most likely helped give AMD a nice morale boost the company desperately needs Even though early benchmarks indicate the numbers are a bit unimpressive a GHz version is definitely in the works Numerous hardware vendor executives were present to discuss the great things AMD is doing while carefully avoiding any direct pokes at Intel Sun Microsystems showed a U -core AMD Barcelona server - the company last week unveiled a -core Intel Tigerton version Pricing of the products Ars Technica has the scoop During an event at the Westin S F hotel earlier in the day AMD officials were on-hand to discuss some of the company s plans for the future AMD CEO Hector Ruiz unexpectedly stopped by to visit with everyone in the room - much to the delight of the handful of selected bloggers present He took the time to answer a couple of questions from the bloggers journalist present though it appeared everyone in the room was hesitant to ask him the hard questions Speaking about AMD marketing or lack there of Ruiz admitted that AMD has a bit of work to do in that department - especially compared to Intel No one thinking logically expects AMD to suddenly take back major ground on Intel but the unveiling of Barcelona is a step in the right direction Considering I own both AMD and Intel processors I just want the companies to compete fairly with one another Here are some assorted links for your enjoyment Quad-core is here and now Barcelona vs Intel Clovertown and Tigerton AnandTech hardware preview TG Daily linkage The potential of Barcelona Thoughts Cheers Michael Hatamoto nbsp

A:TechSpot news: AMD Barcelona Launch Event

Here are a couple more links:

Making progress
Nothing like something from The Inq!
Not a savior?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/techspot-news-amd-barcelona-launch-event.86716/
Relevancy 26.66%

I installed the XVid Play Won't Wav and Event System Sounds Files player for Windows XP Home the other day and it hung during installation so I had to restart my computer All of a sudden I don t have any more system sounds and I can t play wav or midi files I tried doing a system restore but of System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play course none of my restore points allow me to roll my computer back to that date Then I tried troubleshooting it through Windows Support no go I removed and reinstalled my sound card and drivers Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live and installed all the codecs I could find still System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play no dice Here s the kicker I can play MP s through WinAmp and video with sound through Windows Media Player but I can t play wav files or midi files Whenever I go into Sounds and Audio Devices and highlight an event sound the play button remains dimmed If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this issue short of formatting my HD and reinstalling Windows I would be very appreciative Losing patience quickly -Eric nbsp

A:System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play

In the sounds and audio control panel is your sound card registered as the preferred device for playback ? What is listed in the MIDI box ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-event-sounds-and-wav-files-wont-play.42351/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello!

Today I looked through the Event Manager Utility of Windows XP and I've seen this error there, about 15 times.

The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, has a bad block.

Event 7.

Does this mean that I have a bad on my HDD or could it be some error, like windows can't read a corrupted file?
Thank you!

A:The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, has a bad block. - Event 7 in Event Manger.

Backing it up and reformatting it may help. Before that, error check it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-device-device-harddisk2-d-has-a-bad-block-event-7-in-event-manger.86166/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just need to know if the Trackball Mouse cables Microsoft and compatible? USB cable in a Microsoft button optical mouse ends in an internal plastic plug I have a Microsoft Microsoft Mouse and Trackball cables compatible? button optical trackball with a broken wire than can t be repaired When I looked online to buy a replacement only then did I lean Microsoft stopped making selling their optical trackball s WTF so there are no replacement parts out there to be had They are so rare now even broken trackballs fetch a premium I opened it up to see if I could fix it and the cable ends in a simple five-connector plug so fixing my trackball couldn t be easier If only I could find a replacement cable Microsoft still makes sells their button optical mice but doesn t sell parts If it uses the same cable I figure I can buy a cheap one just for the cord and use it in my trackball Anyone out there ever open up their Microsoft button optical mouse that can confirm for me if the cable just plugs in inside nbsp

A:Microsoft Mouse and Trackball cables compatible?

Go ahead and try the cable... I hope the wire color codes are the same. I use a wireless Logitech. Maybe it's time for you to switch to a wireless mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-and-trackball-cables-compatible.84514/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ever since I installed a Linksys BEFSX41 router/firewall unit, I've notice an error in the System Event Viewer with this information:

The IP address lease 192.168.2.100 for the Network Card with network address 00184DE9390C has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.2.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

What needs to be done to get rid of this error? Thanks

A:Error in System Event

Did you assign the address using Static IP for 192.168.2.200?

What range did you set in the router for IP address? Make sure your using

DHCP
All NIC is set to auto for speed
All NIC is set to auto to obtain the IP (DHCP) from the Router.

Now in the ROUTER are you using any sort of IP filtering:

by IP address
or by MAC address?
Are there any restrictions for this PC in the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-in-system-event.83659/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi,

I just bought a Microsoft laser mouse 6000 from Newegg (specs here). I'm trying to get the back and forward buttons working in Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty). I did some modifications to configuration files as suggested by Google search results. Unfortunately, that screwed it up so that the scroll wheel controls back and forward, and the real back and forward buttons don't work at all.

The imwheelrc config file (/etc/X11/imwheel/imwheelrc) says that the xf86config file needs to allow for enough mouse buttons. But locating xf86config in the terminal returns nothing.

What can I do??

A:Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 on Ubuntu 7.04

...bump...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-laser-mouse-6000-on-ubuntu-7-04.80399/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi all,
I'm new here and I guess the title says it all. Every time when I do some work on ms word my pc will restart itself at random times. Just for your info, there's nothing running on the pc while I'm on ms word. By the way I'm using windows xp, intel pentium D dual core processor, 512mb ram and power supply tecom 450w. Kinda weird I know but it happens almost every time I'm on ms word and only word else it never restart like tat. Anyone can help? Thanks

A:Pc restart whenever I'm on microsoft word

tried uninstall and reinstall?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restart-whenever-im-on-microsoft-word.75746/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have uninstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator X Demo, but it is still in the add and remove programs in the control panel. Can someone tell me how to get it out of there?
Thanks
lw10m@yahoo.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-microsoft-flight-simulator-x-demo-in-the-add-and-remove-control-panel.68893/
Relevancy 27.09%

i was wondering if someone could help me figure out this error i must have at least on a new install of XP home Event Type Error Event Source DCOM Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE Computer STEVE Description The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID BC CF - - F -B B- AA CF EBB to the user NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE SID S- - - This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Click to expand the link takes me to this page Details Product Windows Operating System Event ID Source DCOM Version Symbolic Name EVENT viewer event error DCOM COM ACCESS DENIED IN SERVER ACTIVATION OR LAUNCH PERMISSION Message The permission settings do not grant permission for the COM Server application with CLSID to the user SID This security permission can event viewer error DCOM be modified using the Component Services administrative tool machine-default application-specific local remote launch activation Explanation A program the Clsid displayed in the message tried to start the DCOM server by using the DCOM infrastructure Based on the security ID SID this user does not have the necessary permissions to start the DCOM server User Action Verify that the user has the appropriate permissions to start the DCOM server To assign permissions Using Regedit navigate to the following registry value HKCR Clsid clsid value localserver The clsid value is the information displayed in the message In the right pane double-click Default The Edit String dialog box is displayed Leave this dialog box open Click Start and then click Control Panel Double-click Administrative Tools and then double-click Component Services In the event viewer error DCOM Component Services event viewer error DCOM snap-in expand Computers expand My Computer and double-click DCOM Config In the right pane locate the program by using its friendly name Right-click the program name and then select Properties On the Security tab in the Launch and Activation Permissions group box select Customize and then click Edit Add the user to the permissions list and give the user the appropriate permissions Click to expand I have tried searching the registry for quot HKCR Clsid clsid value localserver quot but i can not find anything I am lost with this and not sure what to do now nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-viewer-error-dcom.66552/
Relevancy 21.07%

Well i'm not really sure if thiis is the right place to ask but has any1 bought or know someone who has a zune? im thinkin about gettin 1 and am not really sure if they got all the bug worked outta them yet, cuz i heard that they don't work as a hdd yet but they are workin on it. got any suggestions?

A:Microsoft Zune

Yeah, I bought one the same day they came out. I was looking at an iPod. Some friends have had problems with them so I decided to check out the Zune. It can not be used as a HDD at this time as you already know.

Funny thing is, or I found it amusing at least, is that right out of the box it requires a firmware update! Looks like something sooooo new, MS would have already done this before release. The update only takes a few minutes, no biggy really. BUGS???I have not encountered anything strage operationally.

One thing(s) to consider.....the iPod's I believe have adjustable EQ's where the ZUNE only has presets to choose from. The ear buds that come with it really dont sound that great....to me at least. It is ONLY compatable with XP, forget about using 2000. I had to upgrade my laptop to XP to use the Zune, didnt realize this at purchase. Not compatible with Vista either....as of yet anyways. You will need to buy a DVD converter to copy movies to the Zune. Or try and find a free one....they dont exist believe me. (my problem now is finding one that works well, there are many out there)

The Zune software you DL on your PC is very easy to use. The screen itself on the Zune looks very very good. It comes pre-loaded with several music videos and short movie clips. The Zune syncs easy with the PC, no problems at all....so far....remember this is by MS!

So far I am happy with mine....I have already DL'd around 300 songs on it. You can search your music by band, genre, song etc. Storing pictures on it is very similiar. So far I would recommend you buying one!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune.63598/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have the latest IntelliPoint drivers (5.5), but there is still no way of re-mapping the tilt wheel functions at all. It would be great for games if i could remap to arrow keys for example, because horizontal scrolling isnt recognised in many programs, or ANY games.

Please someone help if they have any idea...

:dead:

A:Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 - How to remap tilt-wheel

not too sure about remapping tilt wheel, but i would try a google search and check with M$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-intellimouse-explorer-4-0-how-to-remap-tilt-wheel.46142/
Relevancy 27.09%

Been having a few problems for a while with my setup.
The raid controller reports new event and when you look at this event it says something like BETI error or processing resets found. I have changed controller card twice, a new pair of disks Maxtor diamond 10 250 GB and the controller is a SI 3132. This pc has always crashed and fallen about when least expecting. Any body experienced BETI and what does it mean?

A:Raid controller event message

The error is shown in the event log which is accessable from the SATARAID5 array manager. Many types of errors appear but i have attached the the first event log tonight.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-controller-event-message.61499/
Relevancy 39.99%

I bought a radeon x1900 GT card which was suppose to run at Core clock 575MHz and Memory Clock 1200MHz but it is giving memory clock speed of 600 mhz !! Is there a problem in installation? I tried overclocking but system crashed at 710 Mhz.

Any suggestion , what to do?

A:memory clock half of expected!!! HELP!

You don't have a problem, it's DDR memory. Even though it reads at 600MHz the effective clock is 1200MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-clock-half-of-expected-help.60215/
Relevancy 20.21%

How do i fix this problem?? >>> The System file is not sutible for MS-DOS and Microsoft Window?

A:The System file is not sutible for MS-DOS and Microsoft Window?

Try XP_FIX.exe
"This installaton program will reinstall the missing or corrupt Windows XP system files command.com, autoexec.nt and config.nt. The absence or corruption of one or more of these files causes a "16 Bit Subsystem" error.

We recommend that you download this file and save it to your desktop or to another location where you can find it. Double click on the file to run it once it's downloaded. If problem reoccurs in the future, simply re-run this program."

Microsoft describe the manual method HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-system-file-is-not-sutible-for-ms-dos-and-microsoft-window.51648/
Relevancy 32.68%

giddy Hello giddy I used a program called quot garage band quot Its a thing about band" software "garage Help! Need Information called a that can let you make a song i like it so much that i want it so bad here is the problem its for Macintosh computers i Help! Need Information about a software called "garage band" have windows i herd that you can use it on windows any way i am not sure and i dont wont to buy it and not work please if you have and information about this topic please respond LoL If you Help! Need Information about a software called "garage band" have any advice or qustions about this topic then feel free to post Thank P S wave If you have advice about this please please tell me And if you dont say hello anyway LOL Thank you stickout P S Can i add you to my buddys list If yes say so If not i undersatand i and i wont thanks Why cause scince you had advice i will know that you had good advice and i just want to be you friend If you have any qustions then please ask and i answer as soon as possible thx nbsp

A:Help! Need Information about a software called "garage band"

Garage Band is made by Apple and available for Mac only. I'm 99.9% sure that there is no Windows version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-need-information-about-a-software-called-garage-band.50904/
Relevancy 16.77%

Catchy title I ll get to it Its at the end of my autobiography below Recently while playing Oblivion my pc has been displaying the blue-screen-of-death Sadly there is nothing written on the blue-screen-of-death Its only an empty blue screen It just turns blue after about minutes of playing and I just restart my pc Microsoft Apparantly "Needs My Help" It didn t always used to be like this though I used to play Oblivion a lot - hours at a time Until one day after a couple of hours of playing I got the BSoD The first thing that came to mind were those hundreds of ffdshow audio icons that appear in the Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help" system tray when exiting Oblivion if you ve played oblivion and watched movies on the same pc you know what I m talking about So following the advice of a FAQ on the offical Oblivion site I configured ffdshow not to open with Oblivion Then it truly began Everytime I would play Oblivion for Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help" more than half an hour the audio would start messing up and then eventually I would get the BSoD The first thing I did was re-install the audio drivers graphics card drivers and even ffdshow No help I had already purchased a new Watt PSU for soon-to-come upgrades I hope to replace my Watt one So I put that in its in now and no help Upon restarting my computer after one of those BSoDs Windows informed me as it usually does afterwards that it has recovered from a serious error This time I decided to submit the error report Internet explorer opened and took me to a webpage informing me the Microsoft was aware of this error and they needed more people to give them full memory dumps to help them analyze it However they needed the full dumps and I only had minidumps so I couldn t help them out at least until I reproduce the error and get a full dump Anyway you now know the story of my life so can you help me out I don t think my problem is on the top of Microsofts to-do list You may wonder why I haven t posted this in some sort of Oblivion forum and I ll tell you I got the BSoD once while playing FEAR I was playing many games to test out the new Watt PSU and I played Doom Half-Life FEAR Quake and the Chronicles of Riddick all day long I got the BSoD when exiting FEAR I haven t been able to reproduce the BSoD for FEAR since For this reason I don t think this is strictly an Oblivion problem and this place is the most helpfull among the many forums I have seen the Oblivion forum is full of annoyed and annoying people Here is the error I get upon restarting if anyone can decipher it BCCode a BCP BCP C BCP BCP FF OSVer SP Product And here are my specs - Pentium D Processor with Dual Core Technology GHz FSB - GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz- DIMMs - GB Serial ATA Hard Drive RPM w DataBurst Cache - MB PCI Express x DVI VGA TV-out ATI Radeon X SE HyperMemory - Sound Blaster Audigy ZS D Card w Dolby and IEEE - FSP PSU AX -PN W RT nbsp

A:Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help"

Your problem IS with ffdshow.

ffdshow is much more than just a simple movie viewer... it also replaces several windows media format CODEC's with it's own versions of these.

Most games use several Win XP CODEC's, which in your case, have now been overwritten by beta, open source, untested or unsupported CODEC's. Oblivion, for example, uses the Windows CODEC For MPG2 video streams. Users of both ffdshow, DVD X-Copy Platinum and dozens of other 3rd party packages have been experiencing this problem as these packages replace the supported, tested Win XP CODEC's with their own.

My best advice to you would be to try removing all unneccessary 3rd party applications that have replace XP CODEC's, or try various 3rd party CODEC downloads with your fingers crossed one will yield the same compatibility as the stock Windows XP versions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apparantly-microsoft-needs-my-help.49135/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey

I just got me a P5N32-SLI Deluxe, to fit my new Intel 930 chip in. And i am interested in utilizing the SLI option aswell, but have the following cards at the moment.

One is GF 6800 w/256MB ram, (the text in the display properties says just GeForce 6800) and a GeForce 6800 GT w/256MB ram.

I know in the manual it states that they should be identical, but is this identical enough, or does it actually have to be completely identical?

Maybe if the video bios version is the same it would be ok or? I just havent toyed around with SLI since 3DFX WoDoo II, so i am a little novice on nvidia's system sofar.

If this proves to not be an option, i guess i would be looking at buying another of the GT model, or maybe get 2 7800 cards, it would just hurt my wallet a lot

A:Cards for SLI, can these pair?

They have to be the same model exactly (same core, same memory configuration/size, same BIOS).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cards-for-sli-can-these-pair.48982/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have windows XP .When i opening Microsoft outlook It get hanging.When i changing the data store folder then it opening.After 2 or 3 days the same pbm occured.I have Macfee 8.0 installed on that pc.
Plz give solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-outlook.44346/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a rather simple question that I haven't been able to find an answer to.
Will socket 940 eventually be able to use 65nm procs? I know that the new desktop/server sockets coming out will have it.

I ask because I'm about to spend a lot of money for a dual socket 940 workstation. I'm starting off with 2 single core's but will eventually get 2 dual cores when they lower in price further.

Or is the nm change the reason for the socket change? Something like that I wouldn't know.

A:Socket 940's expected lifetime

No. For anything with more then one socket on the board, you can only use Opterons & Opterons are moving to another form-factor this year.

Only Athlon64s will be able to use the Socket-940 interface from there one & they will not be able to use it with more then one socket (even though each socket will be able to house more then one core).

It's not quite easy to comprehend, I know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-940s-expected-lifetime.42406/
Relevancy 56.33%

I've been running Kingston HyperX 240-Pin DDR2 675 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel SDRAM for over a year now. I just realised that it is only running in Single Channel mode. I'm pretty sure it's because my mobo Foxconn 915A01-P-8EKRS only supports Dual Channel with a bandwith of up to 533 (PC2 4200). My question is, if I purchase the 533 version will I be able to run the new pair with Dual Channel while running the old pair with Single Channel?

(I know that the old pair will probably jump down to 533 also.)

Also, do you think it would be worth it for $100? Is there a noticeable difference?

Thanks for the help.

A:Mixing Dual Channel Pair and Single Channel Pair Memory question

need more specs

does your mobo have 4 ram slots if so use the 1st and 3rd that should run it in dual channel !!

also make sure you on have 2 sticks in not 3 :slurp:

and the answer is to your question what ever the lowest speed ram is. the other ram will be clocked down to run at that same speed the lowest speed
takes the rains !!!
and you will notice the difference running dual chanel

but for reall speed difference ditch your ram and buy GEIL ULTRA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mixing-dual-channel-pair-and-single-channel-pair-memory-question.42151/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have just bought a new mouse for my computer, its a microsoft optical wheel mouse. It seems to work fine on the desktop but when i get into a game such as CS it seems to freeze in places, particually when im aiming. It will move fine but when i try and aim at someone sometimes the mouse wont move as if its kinda frozen, its hard to explain but if any of you have any ideas why this might be would be very much appreciated!

A:Microsoft Mouse Problems

The "lag" you are referring to is fairly common in lower priced optical mice. what model do you have and what kind of surface are you using it on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-problems.41341/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have been using this mouse for about a year now problem 1.1A IntelliMouse Microsoft Optical I was just surfing on the net today when the mouse froze and would not work light at the bottom did not light up like usual I usually connect it to the computer with a PS converter and Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A problem decided to unplug it from the converter and just plug it in the computer Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A problem using its original USB plug and it worked However after every about minutes it stops working every minutes I would need to unplug the mouse from the USB port and reconnect again I have tried my other USB ports all did the same Everytime it disconnects on the right bottom it would pop up a message saying quot Unrecognizable tool connected quot something along those lines however when I do reconnect it it ll recognize it sayin the mouse model I was wondering is there a problem with the mouse or is it the computer Anyway I can quot fix quot this problem I m broke at the moment haha and have no money therefore can t get a new mouse at the moment and this problem is annoying me nbsp

A:Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A problem

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest MS Intellipoinit drivers? the latest version is ip5.4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-intellimouse-optical-1-1a-problem.40131/
Relevancy 20.64%

Just bought this after a previous post and thought you guys might like a review.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7093058&type=product&id=1109233550650

This product is more for fun than actual security. You can use this for boot but you can still type in the password making it nothing more than a convience to log in. The only other thing that it does is remember login and password information. If I where to guess it creates a file of these passwords actually making your system a little less secure. However, saying you have a fingerprint scanner is cool in an odd sort of way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fingerprint-reader-from-microsoft.39853/
Relevancy 39.99%

I recently replaced my Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128mb with a ASUS ATI Radeon 9800XT. I did the same thing and uninstalled old drivers before putting in the new card and installing the latest Radeon Driver. I am experiencing really bad frame rates for this card and they are not much better than the 5200 if not worse. I have tried driver cleaner pro and removed all traces of nvidia drivers but still no result.

Gigabyte Ga-8IPE1000 Pro 2 Motherbard
P4 3.0 Ghz HT
512 DDR Ram
Asus ATI Radeon 9800XT

A:Radeon 9800XT not running as expected

it could be a defective card but it could also be the fault of driver cleaner. other people that used it to clean oout nvidia drivers have had problems after using it. it seems to have a tendancy to take out files it shouldnt. like .dll files.

put your XP disk in your rom drive and open a command prompt. type sfc /scannow this will run system file checker and repair or replace any damaged or missing system files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9800xt-not-running-as-expected.38891/
Relevancy 40.42%

We all know that the new Radeon X1800 XT is coming out really soon but from what the benchmarks show it still doesnt quiet beat the Geforce 7800 GTX.. i would like to know what you people think cause ati clearly wasted these 5 months trying to catch up with the Geforce 7800 gtx instead they could have made a much better product, which means by now i'd say their no. 2.
I gotta admit though that the X1800 XT uses 16 pipelines compared to GTX's 24 and some how manages to get better benchmarks in some games. The only way this card is going to be a success is that the price range should be about 350 to 450 cause the last 7800 GTX i saw was for 460 US dollers.
What do you guys think

A:Radeon X1800 XT not what i expected

A pretty good article here:

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20051006/index.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-x1800-xt-not-what-i-expected.34854/
Relevancy 20.64%

Please help,
have installed wireless desktop set, ps2 connection only for keyboard and usb/ps2 connection for mouse. Mouse works fine with either connection, the keyboard is a nightmare.
Works fine on one PC reboots fine and no issues. The other PC doesn't get past POST. Blank screen and no beeps after POST or messages. Both PCs run on XP Professional.
Have even done a total clean install to get rid of any software or device conflicts, only has monitor, keyboard and mouse attached. Works fine with old cabled keyboard and mouse.

PS. works if I boot with old keyboard/mouse and then change over to wireless whilst running but when reboots same old problem

Please please help

A:Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problem

Could be that the PC is too old to accomodate a wireless keyboard.
Check that the powersupply for that keyboard-sender is ON before you boot.
You sure it's wireless PS/2 and that the keyboard is not also USB?
If so, check USB settings for keyboard in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-wireless-keyboard-problem.33052/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a custom built pc that my friend put together for me. This also has a sound card problem - The sound stops working after a sound has been played more than a couple of times, and the computer might freeze or restart after a while. I know this is the sound card/driver because the computer works fine when i disable the driver. I meant to use this computer for multimedia so i have an asus motherboard with an external echo event gina 20 sound card.
I have tried downloading an re-installing the driver but that doesnt work. I'm guessing something must be configured wrongly, or the driver isnt compatible for some reason.

A:Another sound card problem! echo event

Hi benz925,
i have exactly the same problem than you with a gina 20 and a Asus P5GD2 premium wireless edition Mobo ...;(
For me , that's not a drivers problem , i have install the Gina with the same drivers on another compute with the same XP pro sp2 and it works fine.
I think there are a conflict between mobo and the gina and really i don't know how to fix that.
The more simple is to put the mail i send to echo support ( without any response , not too cool) for explain my problem and all the things i have try to fix it and it will be cool to stay in touch if we find something.
What is the reference of your Mobo please ?
bye

My mail to Echo-support :
Hello Echo, and first sorry for my terrible english, i 'm from France.
I can't make work my gina 20 with my new config and i've try a lot of things and all your latest drivers 6.11, 6.08, 6.05, so perhaps you can help me.
the card still work fine on my olds computers, and also with a more recent config with XP pro sp2 installed by me identically to my compute ( brother's computer )with the 6.11 drivers.
On mine, install is fine with all the drivers versions for W2K/XP and it seems to have no problem on the device manager.
But i have no sound and chaotic problem with all software calling the asio wdm drivers :
no sound, or sometimes white noise
software that crash or not read any audio events
no output level in the console or sometimes all in the red

Softs work fine with the cheap sound card integrated with the mobo ( but cheap sound, lot of latency, not a gina

I've reinstall completely XP ,without the plug&play option in the bios to prevent hardware conflicts, so i don't have any other soundcard (disabled in bios also), no wifi, no lan,no drivers of graphic card, nothing ...

Gina appear on IRQ 21 without sharing or conflict and it's always the same problem ;(

So i just describe my config and perhaps you have an idea to something to test, it will be wonderful :

pentim 640 3.2Ghz
mobo asus p5GD2 premium (last bios) with chip sound: c-media9880 (same problem with sound chip enabled in bios and not installed)
GC Gigabyte 6600 GT
1 Go ddr2 533 corsair select
hd hitachi S-ATA
win XP PRO sp2
Antec sonata (alim 380 w)
and .. echo Gina 20

Perhaps my sound card is too old for one of this new components and i have to stop to experienced ? In this case it will be better with a Gina 24 or 3G ?

Thanks a lot by advance for support me, i'm really out of idea to try.

Have a good day, and whatever, thanks for the excellent sound of your products.

Sincerely,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-sound-card-problem-echo-event.28013/
Relevancy 40.85%

I currently have the video card NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Pro. However due to the fact that this is such an old card many new games don't work on it. For this reason I want to change to a NVIDIA GeForce. Would any problems occur to my computer from changing video cards? If any, explain please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-expected.29914/
Relevancy 34.83%

Back when I used to run Windows ME I used to have a lot of hard drive problems bad clusters Surface Scan Thorough Utilities? on the hard disk When I d run Thorough Surface Scan Utilities? Windows I would do the quot thorough quot surface scan disk option many times but it would NEVER detect the bad sectors After my computer would crash or times in a row on start up windows would automatically send you in to a strange blue screen program where it would use an odd looking surface scan disk program to systematically check every bit on the hard drive for bad sectors it would actually give you a read out of every bit it was testing The thing I loved the most about this program is that it would ALWAYS catch nearly every single bad cluster on the hard drive sure it used to take hours to run the scan disk on an GB drive but it was damn worth it However I have no idea how I could have gotten to that program manually as it was never part of the normal quot surface scan disk quot program in Windows Now I have Windows XP and the Windows XP quot Thorough Surface Disk Scan quot is absolute garbage It never catches anything What I would give for a program like the one my computer used to use back under Windows and ME Just out of curiosity does anyone know what program that was that Windows used to use And is there an equivalent in Windows XP that can test every bit on the hard drive or at least do a thorough job like the old one nbsp

A:Thorough Surface Scan Utilities?

I seem to recall it as being a light version of Norton Disk Doctor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thorough-surface-scan-utilities.27204/
Relevancy 40.85%

So far so good building my new rig just stumbled upon something that dual channel 2 of Deluxe pair memsticks as 4 A8N-SLI on I guess I 4 memsticks as 2 pair of dual channel on A8N-SLI Deluxe do not understand So far I have bought the A N-SLI Deluxe mobo and 4 memsticks as 2 pair of dual channel on A8N-SLI Deluxe AMD nm cpu and a case Been doing some research on the memory and I came up with thinking I wanted this CORSAIR XMS -Pin MB DDR PC- PRO series with activity LEDs Model CMX - XLPRO - Retail Model CMX - XLPRO Specifications Manufacturer CORSAIR Speed DDR PC Type -Pin DDR DIMM Error Checking Non-ECC Registered Unbuffered Unbuffered Cas Latency - - - Support Voltage V Bandwidth GB s Organization Mx -Bit Warranty Lifetime After a bit of more research I found things One the next ram I am about to talk about scored higher in a review site and two the Asus site says it supports the latter as two 4 memsticks as 2 pair of dual channel on A8N-SLI Deluxe pairs of dual channel memory but it does not support the corsair one This is the other memory Crucial Ballistix -Pin MB DDR PC- - Retail Model BL Z Specifications Manufacturer Crucial Speed DDR PC Type -Pin DDR SDRAM Error Checking Non-ECC Registered Unbuffered Unbuffered Cas Latency Support Voltage V Organization M x -Bit Warranty Lifetime Now is that really possible That the mobo will not support a specific stick as two pairs of dual channel but it will others The reason for my question is I am really wanting the LEDs on the first pair but I will most likely buy another two sticks shortly after the rig is built and I don t want it switching bakc to single channel Anyone have any expereience with this nbsp

A:4 memsticks as 2 pair of dual channel on A8N-SLI Deluxe

I would take the Crucial Ballistix. After all, you want performance, not some more decorations for your Xmas-tree!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-memsticks-as-2-pair-of-dual-channel-on-a8n-sli-deluxe.23008/
Relevancy 20.64%

I m having a little problem here dealing with the two mice on my laptop It s a Dell Inspiron with a Synaptics touchpad built-in and a Microsoft Wheel Optical USB mouse plugged into the system I want to disable and Synaptics Microsoft fight mice the touchpad since one of it s buttons is broke it keeps automatically clicking with no input from me at random times HOWEVER - I need the Synpatic drivers installed in order Synaptics and Microsoft mice fight to disable the device If someone can point me to a guide that can disable the touchpad in the s BIOS all the better I can t install the Intellipoint Drivers Synaptics and Microsoft mice fight because the Synpatic drivers are already installed However that means without the Microsoft drivers my Microsoft s mouse s scroll settings keep getting reset everytime I boot - If I have the Microsoft mouse drivers installed first then install the Synaptic ones the menu for the Synpatic device properties is broken meaning Synaptics and Microsoft mice fight I can t disable the touch pad or the drivers annoying icon ARGH So can anyone help out here Is there a way I can disable the touchpad AND keep my external mouse s scroll settings from resetting all the time nbsp

A:Synaptics and Microsoft mice fight

The Windows-built-in standard USB mouse-drivers should let you use scrolling without any problems. No need to install those bloated Intellipoint drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/synaptics-and-microsoft-mice-fight.22588/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have been trying to determine which device would be best suited for cooling a pair of SCSi 15k HDDs. I have been looking around at some of the following (in order) of interest. Sound dampening is not a huge concern, mainly concerned about cooling.

Smart Drive 2002 Copper Hard Drive Enclosure- SCSI compatible? Little documentation to indicate if rear is already equipped with wiring or is this will work with SCSI cables?
AEROCOOL HB-101 Hard Drive Cooler Aluminum- Wondering if this is a gimmick or a real option... or a SilverStone SST-FP53-B 5.25" Hard Drive Cooler or a Cooler Master CoolDrive 3... ??? Any other reccommendations based on experience or reviews? Thanks in advance for any help.

A:NEED serious advice about Hard Drive Cooling (Pair of SCSI 15k)

if you haven't already bought a case, buy a case with a hard drive cage fan and put it to use. for internal enclousures, all same size drives and cages are compatible. just make sure you have cool air blowing on those drives and they should be just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-serious-advice-about-hard-drive-cooling-pair-of-scsi-15k.20300/
Relevancy 35.69%

I am trying to broadcast music (Rhapsody) from my computer to an FM channel on my stereo using a "Beam It" device. I have a Soundblaster "Live" Card in the computer (about 4 years old). The output from the computer is digital so I am just picking up hiss on the stereo. Any ideas about how to work around this would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/beaming-music-from-computer-sound-card-to-fm-band-of-stereo-system.20049/
Relevancy 40.42%

I recently put together a new computer with a Gigabyte motherboard (400FSB, VIA KT600 chipset, DDR400) and put in 512MB of PC3200 Kingston Ram. I read that using this setup its capable of up to 3.2GB/s but normally around the high 2?s. When I ran a Memory Bandwidth Benchmark using SiSoftware Sandra I got just over 2.1GB/s.

When I first ran up the computer I also has a 256MB chip of PC2100 Ram, and found out that it would slow my 3200 ram down this the slower 2100 speed ram. I have since removed it to see if I could get the approx figures that Sandra said I should get with the KT600 chipset and DDR400 ram. But no luck.

Does anyone know if that?s normal for a 400FSB with DDR400 and AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton. Any another thing, what is the main advantage of really fast RAM, does it help the CPU?

A:Ram not reaching expected speed?

When you use that one stick of PC2100 Ram you are limiting all the RAM to the speed of the slowest RAM. Your processor has to wait for the RAM to process requests for memory access, so it really forces the Processor to slow down as well.

On the other hand if you have a processor with an FSB of 333 and run PC3200 Ram or DDR400 Ram, You can not take full advantage of memory designed to run faster than the processor.

Your computer may run faster if you pull out the PC2100. Of course you will then have less memory and it may have to write more Memory Pages to the hard drive. Which would slow it down for another reason.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reaching-expected-speed.16077/
Relevancy 20.64%

Does anyone else here use a wireless keyboard and mouse? My mouse died a couple days ago, so I was going to purchase a new wireless one. Well Bestbuy was sold out of every single wireless mouse except for the $90 ones. I looked over and saw this really nice looking Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse for only $60. I said, heck with it. I bought it, and I love it. Just thought I'd share my experience with you all. I bought the Microsoft "Basic Wireless Optical Desktop"

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

So does anyone else use a wireless keyboard/mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-wireless-mouse-and-keyboard.9946/
Relevancy 27.09%

i just found a tip too review the lastest errors that my computer has encountered............ in dealing with all the mess that i've had troubles.... e.g. http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10796 (mo money(psu)......... mo problems)

anyways... i have about 5 thousand system and application records in the event viewer......... everything from service control manager to save dump to DCOM and workstation errors.......................................................................................................all of which i'm clueless

is that many errors normal...........

oh and they all range within a few days.......... usually only mere seconds apart

A:admin tools/ event viewer???

Fortunately, not all errors in the Event Viewer (EV) are real problems. Actually, many are not problems at all. You can adjust the size of the records that are being held in the EV by right-clicking either Application, Security or System and selecting Properties. You can set the size of each file to keep or clear.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-tools-event-viewer.10854/