Windows Support Forum

Alienware overheat? need help

Q: Alienware overheat? need help

I am quite concern about my new Alienware Laptop's Temperature which is really high for my amazement. When using programs, copying large files the HDD temperature can go up to 54-55 and the CPU temperature can reach up to 57 Degrees Celsius using the touchmouse on the laptop can be grueling because of the heat.

FYI: My working area is fully air-conditioned, I've also using block object as a laptop stand for better air circulation - though the result is what I have mention above. Please help me how to ease this issue

Spec: Intel Core?2 Duo 2.16Ghz
7600 go 256MB NVIDIA Graphics
2 x 512 (667 Mhz DDR2 Memory)
80GB HDD

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Alienware overheat? need help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Alienware overheat? need help

Nah those temps are fine, my laptops touch mouse can get veryhot too (burns my fingers sometimes aaha) and the underside can get VERY HOT, but as long as the comp doesnt turn off because of over heating, its all good.

thoses temps are fine any way, i have a desktop computer that gets hotter cpu readings than that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-overheat-need-help.71903/
Relevancy 40.42%

I installed windows 8.1 before and when i played games like Left 4 Dead 2, it never turned off by overheat. But when i upgraded to windows 10, whenever i played the same game, it would never last until the first safehouse (about 10 until 15 minutes) and automatically turned off because overheat. i believe the fan is in a good condition because i just bought it. and yeah i've updated the BIOS from the support.hp.com but the problem is still there. could you give me any help? it's the first HP laptop i've ever bought and just knew that hp always get this problem (no offense). Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Overheat/td-p/5758049
Relevancy 40.42%

I recently got a new computer and finally got around to downloading SpeedFan. What I saw made me cringe and stutter. My GPU was running at an impressive !150! Celsius. I stopped my computer and cleaned the fan. I got it down to 112 right now, running it on open case (mind you that I monitored it at 239 at some point prior to the reboot). I kid you not, even SpeedFan was capped, showing me 199 on its icon)...GPU's fan is at 1750-1800 RPM and Core's at 1000. Room temp is 21-22 degrees. Is there anything I can do to help this? I dont feel like going to buy a new graphics cards for an already new computer...bypass? clock? RivaTuner(still getting acquainted..)? anything? plz help :/

A:GPU mad overheat

Quote: Originally Posted by ChronicDreamz

I recently got a new computer and finally got around to downloading SpeedFan. What I saw made me cringe and stutter. My GPU was running at an impressive !150! Celsius. I stopped my computer and cleaned the fan. I got it down to 112 right now, running it on open case (mind you that I monitored it at 239 at some point prior to the reboot). I kid you not, even SpeedFan was capped, showing me 199 on its icon)...GPU's fan is at 1750-1800 RPM and Core's at 1000. Room temp is 21-22 degrees. Is there anything I can do to help this? I dont feel like going to buy a new graphics cards for an already new computer...bypass? clock? RivaTuner(still getting acquainted..)? anything? plz help :/

HAHAHHHH, My brother has a similar motherboard with the same graphics, I think it's suppose to run at the temperature (his ran from 90-120C). I couldn't find a way to fix it, since it's onboard graphics which is with the southbridge. I installed an ATI Radeon HD 4650 and just completely ignored the temperature reading on it, so far, no problems have shown up(after 8months).

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/83835-gpu-mad-overheat.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok Now i was running a Volcano at rpm s and at one time it topped out degrees Overheat On CPU temperatures Overheat On CPU in Farenheit usage Then my board went bad and it was - degrees So i sent it back and got a new board Now the Volcano sucked too much power from my board I am using a duron heatsink at rpms and its degrees I m looking at a new one with high cfm s do cfm s matter that much or rpm s Both of the heatsinks are running on a amd barton Now im looking at the Arctic cooling mm CPU Cooler For AMD Athlon Socket up Overheat On CPU to Model quot ACCS L quot -RETAIL does anyone have any other suggestions for heatsinks w fans that i can buy The link to this heatsink can be found at Heatsink Fan I m Looking At Im looking for one with low noise below - Dba s and with high cfm s Also with a price below - dollars If anyone knows of and HSF s in these restrictions please inform Overheat On CPU me nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Can anyone tell me why my HP laptop sometimes just shuts down by itself. I believe it is overheating,is this possible? Thanks in advance.

A:Overheat

Yes it's very likely that dust has built up in it over the years and that's causing a heat build up. If your technical you can pop the notebook open and clean it out yourself. Otherwise take it to a trusted local repair shop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheat.796635/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi.
i have a dual core athlon x2 4800+ @ 2,5 GHz on a Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 motherboardmn,
4 Gb RAM
ati 2400 hd gpu.
psu : lpj9-23p @ 400W
cooler : ac freezer 64 pro
problem is cpu overheats like crazy. while i'm writing this post the temperature is 30C (readings from everest). but if i'd go in a game, or install something, or do anything that uses a moderate amount of the CPU it will go in seconds to 60-70 and start to rise until hits 100-110 and goes into shutdown.
it's not the paste.. dust .. heatsink.. or whatever .. i've heard this 100 times .. cleaned . changed paste .. etc.
any solution? thanks

A:cpu overheat

How old is the system?

Is this a new problem that recently developed?

Is this a home-built system or is it factory-built?

Have you made any hardware changes to the system before this problem developed?

What proof do you have that the heatsink and fan are properly rated for this system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-overheat.994441/
Relevancy 40.42%

i finally built my new computer and im playing crysis atm. however, i notice my gpu temp gets up to around 80c. (~45c idle) and i hear that 90c is meltdown temp... i have one of the best ventilation cases on newegg and have never had a problem with overheating before. All 7 fans in my case are running fine and have plenty of air moving through the case. any ideas on the problem?

Relevancy 40.42%

i posted a thread a few weeks ago about my laptop overheating, and i didint know what was making it shut down all of a sudden, i downloaded a few temperature monitors, and it seems like my hard drive get's really hot for some reason, the monitor tells me that it goes up to 122 F and stays there. i dono what to do or why this suddenly keeps happening. i tried the support from dell, and all they tell me that it's a virus, buy this software, bla bla bla.....
any suggestions?

Relevancy 40.42%

I have a KDS valiant - it was overheating before with bad fan bearing noise - I took out the fan and oiled bearing and now it blows fine.
It was OK for about a week but now the overheat warning is going on 20 sec or so after powerup, and the unit shuts off after a few more secs. Yet the fan is blowing cool air out the back.
All I can think of are either:

1: temperature sensor is blown - in which case does anyone know where the sensor is? Hopefully it's not within the processor. I see a chunky little component parked next to the processor,k maybe that is it?

2: Need heat conductor paste b/n processor and cooling/fan assembly. But that would not seem to explain why it suddenly started happening well after I had reinstalled the assembly. HO critical is it to have conductor paste there?

Relevancy 40.42%

I have a ASUS FX5600 V9560. 128mb AGP 8X

I am also running ASUS smart doctor and it is giving me readouts.
They are:

VDDQ: 1.48v
NWDD: 1.53v
AGP BUS V1: 3.24v
AGP BUS V2: 4.49v
AGP BUS V3: 12.2v
It is also giving me readouts of temperatures.

GPU: 60c

RAM: 43c
Now these seem a little high to me.
The fan apears to be running, and gives a readout of 6661.

I do get the odd crash during games which I suspect are caused by over heating.

Is there anything that would cause the card to overheat like this?

The rest of my systm is:
2400xp AMD
512mb ddr 333mhz RAM
L7VTA Mainboard

ANy help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi.
I bhought a new graphic card ATI Radeon HD 5750 about week ago and now I suspect that it make my CPU AMD Phenom II x2 550 overheat as there was no temperature problem with old card.
When I am not running program or game which use a high graphic resources- cpu allright.
As soon as I start game cpu moniter shows 100% use on both cores and after a while temperature goes over 90C+.
Where is a problem? I cant really work out why graphic card exchange could cause it.
Thanks a lot.

A:CPU overheat

That sounds like a background services or resource issue

I don't think the card would cause this unless you are freezing during game play

Could be something with the game that brings it up but keep in mind the gpu would get really hot too if it was the case

how's the gpu temps ? have you checked them and a 5750 is a pretty low end compared to whats out right now

Also if you can you might want to throw a couple screen shots out to us to help you better deal with the situation cpu temp resource monitor and the ccc to monitor temps i would also go as far to download cpuz to see if there other issues one more thing was the heatsink installed by you or was it bought already put together ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/126204-cpu-overheat.html
Relevancy 40.42%

misi mau nanya nih HP 431 apa emang produk gagal ?Hp 431 mempunyai 2 grafik INTEL dan AMD saat switch ke AMD 5 menit layar blank hitam. dan hanya ada suara.saya rasa tidak hanya saya yang mengalami seperti ini.semua penguna HP 431 mengalami hal yang sama,silahkan cek disinimereka mengalami hal yang samahttps://web.facebook.com/HPindonesia/posts/10150805223840124?_rdrmohon untuk solusinyasudah banyak orang yang di rugikan

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-431-OVERHEAT/td-p/5817219
Relevancy 40.42%

Everytime after everytime my pc installing something for longtime and i reboot i get error Hardware Monitor was not found. Please Check the power setting. or something like this and then i go to bios power and i see CPU Temperature on RED LIGHT its about 70-79 c. Then i shut down and after a 10 min its all ok anyone know how can i fix it? my CPU temperature going up fast.

Relevancy 40.42%

What was the really needed time for computers to rest?
If you use it for 16hours..playing will it shorten your Hard drive life?and can it actually overheat your system if you wont let your PC rest for a while??

Just asking..well my fan was burned.but i dont actually play 16 hours..it was just 2 hours 3 times a day,randomly. .
Was it the caused?

A:OVERHEAT

Don't know about that,but speaking from personal experience i have let my pc run 84 hours strait, was during a lan and it was playing warcaft,counterstrike and black ops non stop, i was not playing for 84 hours,the time was devided between 8 friends,it was part of a 4day lanning theme thing,but my point is i did not get problems with my rig,but if you think logicaly about it i would say you should shut it down for a hour or two after gaming so long.(the game manuals suggest resting 15 minutes per 1 our play,but that for your sight,you could do that. hahaha

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/161080-overheat.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys,

I am currently using a AMD Phenom Quad core processor 2.20GHz. The problem i have is when i run SpeedFan to check the temp of my cores i noticed that one of my cores was overheating around 13C more than the rest.

It shows on SpeedFan:

Temp1: 33C
Temp2: 36C
Temp3: 50C
Core: 30C

Now does this mean that one of my cores are overheating more than normal or am i reading SpeedFan wrong?

Thanks for your time

Matt

Relevancy 40.42%

I have had many laptops, most of them are Toshiba, now iam using an Hp Dv4 and it seems that the HDD heats up , the performance is affected (by overheating the processor) and its annoying. I want to replace the HDD with a SSD. I know performance will be enhanced, but I am more concerned about the heating part.

if there is a recommended brand please tell.

A:Does SSD overheat?

An SSD should run cooler than a normal hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-ssd-overheat.156947/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys i recently bought a xfx gpu and a ocx watt psu the card was or? overheat faulty and was sent back to the company after a few clean reinstals It was replace with a Asus the card worked perfectly fine for about month then i started geting random black screens when using Youtube since then it has started creeping into games i thought something was overheating so i installed monitors for gpu and cpu and neither seem to be overheat or? over heating never seen the gpu go over and cpu has on occasion hit normally i can play games BF for hours on max settings with no issues at all then all of sudden out of blue overheat or? will just overheat or? black screen when playing game or watching a movie it will do this or times and then will let me play for another hours with no problems when it goes all black all the fans in the pc start goin really fast and whirring and it gets stuck on a black screen requiring a hard reset now im starting to think maybe a driver issue the thermal paste on cpu gone off or mayb a damaged capacitor on the m b It is a older mini atx motherboard processor gig dual core with only a pci-e could it just not be upto handling the GPU Is there any admin tool that will give me a idea on whats goin wrong there is some errors about the time of the reset but im unsure if they are caused by the random shutdown itself anyone have any ideas before i start replacing parts i do have my old gpu psu Edit have now run dmark and prime with speedfan running i dont seem to be able to recreate the problem using these programs and temps seem fine well cpu hits - c but seem to lvl out and dont go no higher or crash edit i have increase power control on gpu to as sugested by the company i bought the gpu from and will update as required nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I got core i7 2600k at stock speed with stock heatsink fan, when im in gaming, the temp rose to 72-78'C. is this normal?

A:CPU Overheat?

Its a bit high, but on a stock heatsink, that's to be expected. Try pushing some more cool air with fans over the CPU and a good exhaust out the top or back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overheat.196778/
Relevancy 40.42%

Anyone else experiencing this? I've had Win 8 installed on my laptop for about a day and notice that my fan is blowing non-stop, looks to be running hotter than with win 7. Is this an issue?

DV6-6140us

A:PC Overheat with Win 8

Where does your laptop sit?

Have you tried cleaning out the fans with an air compressor?

Download HWMonitor and install it then take a screenshot of the program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/pc-overheat-with-win-8-a-673909.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I built a new computer.

I turn it on and go into the BIOS Setup, then after 30 seconds it shuts off. When I restart it it won't work.

Is this my CPU overheating?

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all,

I replaced my P4 standard CPU fan with a quieter one, its called a cooler master. Only thing is my PC now overheats, i had got a program called Inter Active Monitor and i can view the RPM of the fan, when it gets hot it does not speed up to cool the system down it there a way of sorting this out?

Thanks

Paul

A:PC Overheat

Would it help if i fixed a fan to the casing on the back to suck the air out or fix one to the front to blow the air in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-overheat.12351/
Relevancy 40.42%

I bought a brand new Intel 101gccl motherboard and a Pentium 4 640 3.2ghz processor
which comes with a heatsink and a fan.The problem is that when I started the computer
and began to configure the bios I saw in the hardware monitor that the temperature of
the cpu was 65 C and raising up to 90 C,with the chassis opened!.The next thing
I did was to unplug the power and touch the heatsink and it was warm, almost cold. The
fan is working properly and it's new so there's no dust on it. Why is the motherboard
reading that temp? .Any help would be appreciated

A:Cpu overheat

Hi,

Did you apply thermal paste between the CPU/Heatsink? If not, do not turn on the computer again until you have got some thermal paste - Arctic is a good brand.

Nick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-overheat.580959/
Relevancy 40.42%

My Zotac GTX 970 AMP Extreme Edition is overheating going over 60?C in the main menu of the game. I determined its temp by Zotac Firestorm. The game that I run is Dying Light, I have 2 fans one at the back and one at the bottom. If I ignore the temp my case would get hot I have examined the video card and the fans if there was any chunks of dust, there was none. Help!

A:GTX 970 overheat

Cris1,
As far as I understand normal GPU temps are always higher than the cpu and only a real concern if above 80c when highly stressed. You may want to add another intake fan or exhaust fan if you have open spots? Or you can look to add higher performance fans to get more air flow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/388166-gtx-970-overheat.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys Last night my internet failed which every now and again it does anyway so im not that bothered about this problem but anyway to get it working again you have to force a switch off and then on again This was when the problem occurred The Windows Error Recovery options scrolled in line by line rather than Possible Overheat? just appearing all at once then the screen went black the fan appeared to turn off and just the power light charging light and caps lock light were still on I tried to boot a couple more times which all seemed to work for the same amount of time as the first one before crashing the same way On the final time i tried it the fan began being excessively loud and i switched off as i thought something was at breaking point This morning all seems fine and in eventvwr there seems to be no errors listed for last night however for this mornings log it says that both my two AMD Turion 's speed was being limited by system firmware Any ideas why this happened Thanks Macca

A:Possible Overheat?

Please provide us with these reports so we can get an idea of what's happening: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
I understand that you're not having BSOD's - but these reports will help us see what's going on inside of your system.

In general, an overheating event will have the exact symptoms that you describe - to include no records in the Event Viewer. But there are other problems that can have the same symptoms, so a look at the reports requested above may give us some hints.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282875-possible-overheat.html
Relevancy 39.99%

hi,
i have a dell inspiron 1525, dual core, 1gb ram, 160gb hdd. a few weeks ago i did a clean install of windows seven x86 (before, it was vista). a couple of days now i notice that the touchpad is getting uncomfortably hot. the rest of the laptop is normal temperature. buttons aren't so bad, it's really the touch area. what could cause this?

A:touchpad overheat?

Could it be the hard drive bay next to it? Check your temp

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94058-touchpad-overheat.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Now im using Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz HT with Intel Motherboard PCY..
But when im going to play a games like GTA.. my pc will pop up a message that it overheat.. is it cause by my stock heatsink or should i buy new heatsink and what is the best heatsink for my pc (depends on cost + performance)..

Or is there any other cause? And what is normally temperature for idle pc for pentium 4 HT?

Relevancy 39.99%

Hey all,
Well the fan on my 3 year old laptop is making alot of noise, pulsing, and even stoping from time to time. I plan to open up the laptop this weekend, but i was wondering, after i clean out the dust, if the fan still makes the noise, does this mean the ball bearings are shot. And if so, what do i do? What kind of lubrication is safe and how do i go about lubricating it. As you can see from the picture (scroll down) then fan is enclosed in a heatsink and i wont have much access to it. I think my computer is overheating right now b/c even the keyboard gets hot. Thanks for any help
~Dan
http://www.mikeshardware.com/howtos/sonyhdswap/
(see step 8 and 9)

Relevancy 39.99%

hello i had a problem with my pc for over a year now and i thought someone maight be able to help me out here Problem description when i first turn on my computer and check out heat through BIOS its useually - when i play any game it go off to \(;o;)/ problem Overheat and then pc reboot yah you can fix your lunch on my CPU i changed my Overheat problem \(;o;)/ CPU fan times already and still the problem wont go off it used to go when i clean my old fan but now this isnt working anymore i have new fan wich shouldnt be holding kg of dust gt gt all the fans in my case are working probably and motherboard software is showing same temp read as BIOS so it is after all true System Intel Pentium IV Ghz GB of ram ATI Radeon X Pro AGP graphic card Powersupply w HDD s and i GB i think this info is enough hope i find an answer to this problem T T my ghz pc run same games without damn sound gt gt then reboot nbsp

A:Overheat problem \(;o;)/

You need to reseat the heatsink to the cpu, using a small amount of heatsink compound.

If the heatsink does not have a perfect thermal bond with the CPU, overheating will occur despite the heatsink and fan being dust-free.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheat-problem-o.470013/
Relevancy 39.99%

Just last night I decided to play the single player of Call of Duty I had this computer for months Before this I played the Overheat A1310N Or? HP Multiplayer online of COD for years So last night playing the SinglePlayer my computer shut down It was a little warm in the room to I rebooted came all back up fine It will work fine doing everything else HP A1310N Overheat Or? When playing the COD it would crash again I took HP A1310N Overheat Or? the side panel off and turned on our airconditioner I worked the rest of the night hours or more So today I chatted with HP and here is the last few sentences I know on there website it says you can add a PCI fan in Vicki P I just asked my supervisor regarding this issue Vicki P This is a compatibility issue Vicki P the video card on the computer does not support the game Call of duty Vicki P But when the game tries to run on the computer the processor overheats and this is causing the system to shut down Fatbob I played it for hours or so after I had the side panel off And I played it before for a long time MULTIPLAYER MODE Vicki P To resolve the issue you need to install a video card What do you all think nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I've recently bought a vn7 592g and I noticed that during game the heat goes to 80-90celcius, and I was wondering if it was only my Pc or it's "normal" ? Because I read about heat problems on the 591g (old gen) but never on this new gen.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Vn7-592g-Overheat/td-p/455845
Relevancy 39.99%

My laptop is turning off after 5-10 mins. usage. I think it is over heating, because it's very hot near the fan. The windows xp is still ok, when I turn it ON again. The problem started since I used Magicjack for communication. I think it is the cause because magicjack is also very hot. I will not use magicjack again. I'll go back to Skype.
How can I fix it? If I let Bestbuy or Toshiba fix it, how much do you think it will cost me?
Thanks.

A:overheat laptop

First of all, we need manufacturer and model. How old is the laptop? Is it used heavily? Do you use it on a flat surface or in your lap?

A-N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheat-laptop.852196/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi If I enable smart fan control in BIOS and start up Windows the overheat warning tone sounds It only sounds at C or over When the BIOS setup is booted the CPU temp is around to C idle It never goes below but that might be okay No warning goes off only when I boot windows right at the boot screen It keeps loading but just when the welcome CPU warning Overheat screen should appear the computer freezes and I have to reset it Motherboard ABIT VA- CPU AMD Athlon Ghz K series Smart fan control with or minimum speed and C target temp I'm not sure if it's really overheating since I have no way to check if the temp goes really that high Since it freezes right away which is an CPU Overheat warning alarming thing itself and I can't open the CPU Overheat warning Core Temp monitor program or anything I installed Speedfan and I started playing CPU Overheat warning around with the fan control Temps do not seem to get high if I drop the fan speed lever to nor does the warning go off but the computer is idle I'll test it under load just in a few seconds Do you think this might be false warning or do you think I should reapply thermal paste Update This is a desktop PC I reapplied the thermal paste but and temps got lower but that warning still sounds Thanks

A:CPU Overheat warning

It might be a good idea to reapply the paste, but be aware that it's a complicated job on a laptop, and there is a good chance that you could break your laptop. It might be best to have that done by a qualified technician.

Also, if it were me, I would not mess around with the fan control on a laptop. It does what it does for a reason, and there are algorithms and routines (that are far smarter than we are) running the show to keep it from overheating.

Lastly, are your ports blocked by dust? Or are you running the lappy on a soft surface, such as a bed? That can cause overheating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366857-cpu-overheat-warning.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok I finally figured out the cause to my auto-restart problems Like I Really system...(overheat) hot suspected it was because my case is too small and too crowded the design sucks bad and it s mading China that explains a lot of things I switched case with my old amd the case is old but it s huge and cool and it is definately the strongest case I ve ever seen Anyways even though the thing is much cooler than before the northbridge and my GPU is still pretty hot I touched the CPU heatsink and that thing is so cool compared to the GPU If I put my finger directly on the back of the center of the GPU for seconds it starts hurting is that TOO Really hot system...(overheat) hot or is it normal for a TI SE The northbrige heatsink was also very hot Is there anything I can do about those or is that kind of temperature for northbridge and GPU normal nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I recently purchased a new computer. I have had this computer for about 2 months. I very recently looked inside the case for fun and found that a fan was unattached. I found out that the fan was supposed to be attached to the northbridge. Here is a picture of the part: http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/2555/partao9.jpg . The fan was not attached for about 2 months. The northbridge probably overheated, but i have had no problems. I am worried. What are the symptoms of a northbridge overheating?

Relevancy 39.99%

My Dell xps m1330 laptop has an integrated video card (Nvidia 8400 gs) which has an overheat issue. How to fix this problem which causes the screen to shut off by itself or turn blue/white. Thanks.

A:laptop overheat. Need help.

- Check the laptop for obstructions (dust, etc) around the vents. Compressed air is recommended.

How do I clean my laptop?

- Always put the laptop on a firm surface (not a pillow, bedspread, etc) so vents are not blocked.

- Consider using a laptop cooling pad for additional ventilation.

Newegg.com - cooling pad for laptop

- Install monitoring software to see real time temperatures for GPU, CPU, HDD, etc. Some free apps:

Speccy

HWMonitor

If problems continue it may be necessary to have the laptop checked out by a professional repair shop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/271669-laptop-overheat-need-help.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Whenever im playing any game and my pc is at a hot temperature. The game will freeze up for a couple seconds (or minutes). After it will continue again but the graphics are all distorted. The only way to fix it is to restart my pc. This problem never occurs when my pc is at a low temperature, leading me to believe its an overheating issue. I got a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 with updated drivers. Please help.

A:Videocard overheat?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you considered getting some extra cooloing for you graphics card?

http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/invt/cmvhcl61u1&bklist=icat,4,shop,o,of

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videocard-overheat.16900/
Relevancy 39.99%

hello, i'm new to this site. this is my first post actually. from what i've read so far you guys are really good in sharing knowledge and ideas. anyways, my question is regarding a laptop case fan (compaq presario m2010us). it keeps on shutting down and i noticed the fan underneath is not working. can anybody give me an idea on how to replace it. thanks

A:overheat/shutting down

Try this link. Scroll down to product information.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=459484&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&query=compaq%20presarion%20m2010%20us&dest_page=product

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheat-shutting-down.64896/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi guys,
I've been having some trouble with my PC overheating when playing games, or doing other intensive stuff.
Upon checking my CPU temp after such a restart it will be high, like 80s or even 90s. Although, to my knowledge the CPU fan is working fine (currently running at 3013 RPM accoridng to everest).

Also, I've had my PC restart when doing menial tasks and without my CPU temp being high.
So I don't know whether the two problems are definitely linked.

My specs are:
Windows XP pro
AMD athalon 64 3500+
1024 ram
geforce 6600

Cheers.

A:CPU overheat and pc restart

Centigrade !!!
I would upgrade my CPU fan and cooling system. Also add a Case fan.
Actually, for what you are doing at those temperatures, I would consider a liquid cooled system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overheat-and-pc-restart.77411/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, I just installed Windows Seven on my laptop. Everything works correctly but, if I began install MS Office or Nero computer was very hot and fall down. I opened window and put laptop there - on the fresh air and installation was successful. Can you tell me how to decrease performance of Windows seven??? I also tried CPU meter and CPU temperature was around 80?C. Thanks you for hint

A:Windows Seven and overheat CPU

Sounds like the machine needs to be opened and cleaned out. Like the fan and heat sink of dust and dirt etc...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/42370-windows-seven-overheat-cpu.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey guys.

I need your help, my pc shuts down whenever i play medal of honor/counterstrike, do anything intensive with CPU and GPU.

speedfan has GPU at 51 degrees, temp 1 @ 117 degrees and core at 111 degrees.
these are all celcius...
Ive reseated the processor, cleaned and reapplied arctic silver yesterday, and today it did the same.

Also it chucks up a silly error with a fan spinning at 135000 RPM... would keep it cold if it was doing that

Any idea why its not cooling enough, i mean the side of the case is off...so its ventilated really well..

edit : forgot specs..
AMD x2 dual core 5200+
3gb ram
nvidia 9500GT 512 gfx

A:Overheat and shutdown!

Hi Paddy

My first guess would be that SpeedFan isn't reading things correctly for your board. My next guess is that SpeedFan might also be not only reading the speed of the cpu fan incorrectly, it might be slowing it down.

Try uninstalling SpeedFan, and test to see if the game causes a shutdown.

The other thing I'd check -- when the system shuts off, unplug the power & ground yourself -- and see if the cpu is burning hot. Check the gpu too. If the cpu truly seems overheated, try a different fan. If you are overclocking the cpu at all, revert to stock speeds (on everything: cpu, gpu, memory, power). If you have a gaming motherboard, check the settings in the Bios to make sure you're not overclocking something unintentionally.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/overheat-and-shutdown-448294.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi People I am hoping someone can provide a solution to a very 530 !!!Help!!! Overheat Problem HP frustrating problem that my wife has got with her laptop Whenever she uses it it works fine for about - minutes then it starts to stutter eventualy slowing down to a crawl with task manager barely accessible this occures even when doing simple tasks such as browsing the web the laptop gets extremely hot and the heatsink is hot enough to burn on touch If I remove and refit the heat sink re-applying thermal paste naturally the laptop will work fine for a day or two but then it goes back to its former spluttering state it originally HP 530 Overheat Problem !!!Help!!! had a ghz processor but HP 530 Overheat Problem !!!Help!!! it has HP 530 Overheat Problem !!!Help!!! been replaced with a ghz cpu the machine has displayed the same behaviours with both cpu's in place It has been tested with the following Os's and again it has displayed the same behaviours even when in tandem with the above cpu's this is confusing and frustrating me in an unhealthy way the machine specs are listed below Machine HP Laptop Cpu Intel Os Windows Xp Pro Windows Vista Basic original Os Windows Vista Ultimate Windows Beta Windows Rc Ram ddr gb If any more info is needed please dont hesitate to ask I will provide what ever information I can I am desperate to get this sorted out The laptop is just over a year old and my wife is extremely frustrated with not being able to use it for any long period of time All help and suggestions will be fully explored Many thanks in advance to all that assist Regards ReaperXL

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-530-overheat-problem-help-385486.html
Relevancy 39.99%

hello i got bored to try upgrade windows 10 my laptop overheat all time and shutdown. when i play game is same. I clean my laptop no dust new thermal  paste all good. In first day when i buy new my laptop overheating all time. i never will buy HP again. my old acer have 7 years work more good and all win 10 upgredes. i got realy MAD my money on wind. Right answer for me is never again HP laptops. I try all clean new thermal paste bios update to f 26 rev3.7 all video driver update from hp site, no one help me for HOT problem. My best way now is put that sh*it on trash and all my problems will be finishet. Ty hp i lost my money but nevar again HP. 

A:overheat my HP G6 2260su

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-G6-2260su-overheat/...  im not alone here have ppl same problem ..........

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/overhead-my-HP-G6-2260su/td-p/5846216
Relevancy 39.99%

I just got my new from XFX and right out of the box I m showing huge temp spikes from an already high C idle temp Along with the temp spikes up to c shutting the computer off at times the memory and core clock speeds spike with the temp Both the core and memory will spike to their max and I have noticed this spike when I maximize my web browser and then settles back to idle Say goodby to any games I Overheat 7970 HD cant even get HD 7970 Overheat to any game menu s without a crash Both fans are working and spin up to the max along with the spikes so its not a heat removing issue The card isn t even hot to touch when it quot overheats quot Just found out the card spikes if I switch between tabs on an already open browser AMD Phenom II X T Crosshair IV Formula BIOS Gb Corsair Ram And the troublesome XFX Radeon HD Black Double Dissipation With CCC Any help will be fantastic or this card will be a target to sight in my rifle Thank You Troy nbsp

A:HD 7970 Overheat

If its a brand new card, RMA it. If software is implying an overheat but it isn't hot to touch it could be a bad heatsink, poor thermal compound etc. Regardless what the problem is, it doesn't appear to be working correctly so should be RMA'd.

However, what are you other system specs?
What PSU do you have and how old is it?
What temps does the rest of your system run at?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-7970-overheat.1048017/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello all,

I have the Pentium D Dual core 3.20 GHZ CPU in my computer and it has been overheating.

Last week it shut down due to heat, and earlier today it was at 112 F (44.5 C).

Attached is a screenshot from my BIOS "Hardware Monitor"

A:Pentium D CPU Overheat 112 F

Have you opened your case and cleaned out the dust from your case? Excessive dust in a case building up from long periods of not being maintained can cause heat. I would open my case and see if it has alot of dust around the area were the heat sink and fan were the cpu is located and clean it out with a compressed air can. Just make sure if your touching parts inside the case to be touching something metal like the outside of the case to avoid a static discharge to your components. Or you can wear a static wrist band and do it like that but I just keep one hand touching the case while the other one is cleaning the case to avoid a static discharge.I recommend doing this with the plug to the power removed though to avoid getting shocked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/215551-pentium-d-cpu-overheat-112-f.html
Relevancy 39.99%

hello i got bored to try upgrade windows 10 my laptop overheat all time and shutdown. when i play game is same. I clean my laptop no dust new thermal  paste all good. In first day when i buy new my laptop overheating all time. i never will buy HP again. my old acer have 7 years and work more good and have all win 10 upgredes (updates). i got realy MAD my money on wind. Right answer for me is never again HP laptops. I try all clean new thermal paste bios update to f 26 rev3.7 all video driver update from hp site, no one help me for HOT problem. My best way now is put that sh*it on trash and all my problems will be finishet. Ty hp i lost my money but nevar again HP. 

A:overheat my HP G6 2260su

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-G6-2260su-overheat/...  im not alone here have ppl same problem ..........

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/overheat-my-HP-G6-2260su/td-p/5846216
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey guys I m not exactly sure where to post this but here goes Recently I won a new computer at a recent gaming competition Last night I decided to try to overclock a bit I used the ATI Catalyst Control to do the AMD overdrive It was testing on Ghz and I decided to stop it After restarting the CPU Overdrive was enabled and I didn t really want to OC it so I just turned it off However now when I run Diablo my game keeps freezing every so often I ve overclocked the computer seems overheat Computer to manually before to about Ghz at V I think and it was fine for awhile till it started to overheat about degrees if I recall Computer seems to overheat correctly That s when I noticed slight freezing in CS GO and I reset the settings So right now I don t know if the issue is a CPU or a GPU overheating issue Also I downloaded the AMD OverDrive program and turned down my turbo boost to x multiplier Mhz and V as opposed to V I logged the CPU temperature while running Diablo and it seems its hovering around degrees which seems fine to me I also recently updated the ATI drivers last night to Also my computer runs on watercooling have no idea how it works I hope someone can shed some light on what I ve done as clearly I m an OC noob I d like to know what the are steps to troubleshoot and if I damaged anything on my computer Below are the specifications of my computer AMD FX ATI Radeon Series Not sure which model exactly ASUS M A X EVO Kingston HyperX RAM Gb Not sure what clock speed but AMD OverDrive says KHX C D LK GX if that helps PSU W Thanks so much in advance Update I just flashed a new BIOS to my mobo and the problem is still imminent It does not seem to happen when I play CS GO However now I get random freezes on desktop like when I bring up Skype nbsp

A:Computer seems to overheat

Update: I believe I have solved the issue. Apparently, it was the new ATI Catalyst 12.10 that was causing the freezing issues. I rolled back my drivers to 12.8 and everything seems fine at the moment. Anyone can shed some light as to why this happens though? Thanks so much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-seems-to-overheat.186645/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have win 8 on a Samsung laptop that overheats when using solitaire games (apps). Will 8.1 stop this ? I also have the classic shell 'start' button - will this cause a conflict if I update.

Thanks

mike

A:WIN 8.1 and overheat problem

are you using it on a hard flat surface

i doubt windows is the cause and moving from 8 to 8.1 will make any difference

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-8-1-and-overheat-problem.1112420/
Relevancy 39.99%

My laptop computer has decided it just won't turn on twice now in one month! Both times it felt really hot when this happened.
When pushing the power button there is no response at all. The first time the LED's for battery and outlet power would'nt even light up. Then several days later it suddenly worked fine.
This time the LED's were lit when plugged in. I unplugged it, and the next day re-plugged it in, the LED's lit up and it worked fine again. Could the transformer be malfunctioning?
This is an HP Pavilion N3210.

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,
Got laptop 1 year old. experience unexpected shut down which caused by overheat as I think. Laptop very hot. Its getting worse and worse. I thought its dust so open and clean everything up. Problem still there. What else could cause system overheat and shut down?

A:Laptop overheat

Is processor fan spinning? Also, did you reapply thermal paste between heatsing and processor?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/265039-laptop-overheat.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi My laptop s a HP Pavilion dv and I ve googled about this overheating problem but I haven t gotten to any good solutions My dad has checked the fan and he doesn t know how Overheat Log and This Problem Hijack to get to the heat sink Other than that this laptop has Hijack This Log and Overheat Problem decent Ram GB but it s running extremely slow I can t tell if I have a virus or not Sometimes Windows XP loads slower than usual and sometimes it speeds Hijack This Log and Overheat Problem up Anyways Here s the log I hope you guys can help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system spoolsv exe C Program Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system igfxtray exe C Windows system hkcmd exe C Windows system igfxpers exe C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Sup SmartRAM exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows system wscntfy exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Windows system wisptis exe C Program MozFire firefox exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files HiJackThis TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www plusnetwork com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com go notebookaccessories O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C Windows system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SmartRAM quot C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Sup SmartRAM exe quot m O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-this-log-and-overheat-problem.914718/
Relevancy 39.56%

System Model Asus Z V Processer Inter R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M GT Integrated RAMDAC MB Windows Vista Home I know enough about computers to get around but not much on the technical level I just copied stuff from dxdiag please tell me if you need more info I m using an Asus z v rebranded and sold by Rock and for the past few months have noticed it crashing when I m running a game There is no evidence of it struggling prior to crashing the fans don t go crazy or anything it simply spontaniously switches off I can turn it on straight away afterwards with no issues It will happen every now and then usually whilst gaming It does feel pretty hot and a SpeedFan test revealed temperatures rising over - to even By games I m usually refering to WoW or BF nothing crazy demanding with maybe firefox running as well I ve done virus and spyware scans my computer did have some my Help! Why crashing overheat laptop does keep trojans yes I Why does my laptop keep overheat crashing Help! m a computer idiot but now it s clean and constantly scanned The onlyother processes running are the essentials Avast and Spybot sometimes Why does my laptop keep overheat crashing Help! itunes So nothing that should stretch my laptop s performance capabilities I m assuming what s causing it to shutdown is overheating the right side of the keyboard does feel quite hot when it crashes But I m unsure what is causing it Right now with my laptop on Power Save mode and with only mozilla running SpeedFan indicates all temeperatures are around C except Temp unsure what that refers to which is at C still edit ok minutes later and GPU is now also over C Nothing feels that hot So am I right in guesing that over heating is the issue which must be caused by dust or a faulty fan Is there anything else it could be I m hoping the fact that I can reboot it immidiately with no problems indicates there is no permenant damage yet I d like to open it up and clean it but don t want to loose my waranty in doing so I d also like to solve it myself if possible Any advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded to a p5W-dh deluxe and a e6600 (o/c'd 10%) everything has been running fine but i just checked the temperatures after the computer being on for about 9hours and the readings I am getting are:

System: 38C
CPU: 150C

Is that even possible? 150C is mega hot! surely the computer should have shutdown through fault?

Running 2gb ddr800 ram, x800xt, with two 80mm fans and a standard cpu heatsink/fan.

Any advice would be appreciated!

T

Relevancy 39.56%

I really don stumps Unexplained Buy Overheat(?) Best t know if this is in the right forum because I really don t know what the root of the problem is TL DR My laptop has symptoms Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy of overheating forced shutdown delay before it will restart but the temp is well within normal parameters AND it only happens when playing some games that are NOT the most cpu or graphics intensive Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy games I use My machine Asus G Jh laptop Windows -bit Home Premium SP ATI Mobility Radeon Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy HD Intel Core i Q GHz GB RAM A couple months ago a new indy game called Magicka caused the symptoms I listed above I thought it was a one-time thing caused by inexperienced programmers making a game in their basement until it started happening every time I tried to play either Magicka or L D online with friends Now consistently within - minutes of online gameplay the forced sudden shutdown occurs This does not happen with Supreme Commander Sins of a Solar Empire EVE or the other dozen games I play many of which are much more cpu and or graphics intensive than those listed above When the shutdown does occur the laptop does not feel hot at all it can get much hotter doing other things and no shutdown occurs I took it to Best Buy since I bought it there and according to them all hardware seemed fine and all they could find were a few viruses Suprise suprise when I brought it home it was still borked Right before the shutdowns started happening EVERY time I played those games I also had a very strange anti-virus related slow-down problem than was resolved to my bewilderment by uninstalling the program I can go into in detail if anyone thinks it would help PLEASE don t make me hand my computer back to Best Buy so they can send it away for a MONTH Any suggestions at all are very much appreciated Thanks a lot in advance

A:Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy

What version of ccc are you running is it up to date ?, its important to keep your drivers updated especially if your having issues with crashing games.And it is not trivial to find " a few viruses" I would be a little more concerned with that then anything else. Also more system info would help like what are you running for system protection,Anti virus, firewall,free space on your hard drive the whole shooting match, is your operating system up to date etc. Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389787/unexplained-overheat-stumps-best-buy/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello Dear community

I runned Speccy to check up what is wrong with my computer (during games like dying light, FPS drops to 10 / War Thunder lowest settings 30 FPS / Insurgency lowest settings 20 FPS) at the beginning of the game, all games run smooth with 60 FPS

Surprisingly, my Motherboard shows C121 temperature (and no, its not Fahrenheit) Overall, my temperature values are yellow without running anything resource-intensive.

I am wondering if my recent FPS drops can be correlated with my motherboard or the temperature values.

May you help me please?

I attached the Speccy report below:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/medion-motherboard-c%C2%B0121-overheat.1168090/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all A Toshiba Satellite laptop running XP Home SP ? freeze overheat Screen - is giving me a hard time The machine boots and then freezes during the initial phase of the Windows startup The screen appears frozen with the Windows logo and the progress bar frozen also Both HD and fan stop running Yet the laptop still outputs heat and the fan starts up every other minute for a few seconds The owner of the laptop informed me Screen freeze - overheat ? this problem occured on occasions and then occured more regularly and now every time the PC boots up I extracted the HD and mounted it as an external USB drive on another machine with no problem The content Screen freeze - overheat ? of the disk can be accessed OK Screen freeze - overheat ? I ran a virus check that revealed viruses and adware After removing them and double checking I put the disk back into the laptop but the problem remains I tried repairing Windows using the XP install CD The files are copied to the HD OK but when I reboot to finalise the installation the PC freezes after a few minutes I even tried to boot from a Linux live CD This worked OK once Then the laptop froze when I did it once again So Screen freeze when booting Windows Screen freeze when reinstalling Windows Screen freeze when booting Linux The heat generated through the air vents seems excessive even after a freeze Any idea what may be the cause of all this From where I stand it seems like a hardware problem But I definitely need some advice Thanks in advance Edw nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I have a GHz Pentium CPU Northwood variety MHz FSB running on an MSI PE Neo mainboard CPU Overheat Problem Solved: recently just a couple of days ago my brother who is addicted to console games Solved: CPU Overheat Problem told me that while he was playing Sonic on the Sega Genesis emulator an error message popped-up telling that quot CPU temperature is abnormal System will shutdown quot showing a progress bar that once completed the system shutdown itself automatically I know that this is a legitimate message generated by MSI CoreCenter utility MSI bundle with their boards to monitor CPU and system temperature so I powered up and found the problem - Under Windows XP Pro SP and with CPU usage at - MSI CoreCenter utility reports that CPU temp is about - degrees Celsius and I have set the program to alert the user when CPU temp Solved: CPU Overheat Problem reaches about degrees and I know that it is WAY TOO Solved: CPU Overheat Problem HIGH - At first I thought that it might ve been a problem with CoreCenter so I dowloaded the newest version and got the same readings Also I read the readings in the AMI BIOS of the board and it gives the same numbers so the problem MUST be my CPU so here s what I ve done so far - Opened up the side of my ATX chassis same readings - Ran CPU test times in SiSoft Sandra Standard CPU temp reached up till degrees I got the message and shutdown - Brought a really fast fan and pointed it at the HSF combo while the PC was switched on that dropped the System Temp by about degrees to degrees but the CPU temp still within the s at idle state - Removed the HSF combo and reseated it also double checked the four mounting points same readings Now that s really strange as that problem only began recently days ago Right now CoreCenter and BIOS say that CPU is at degrees Before at idle state temp was at degrees and at utilization reached degrees NOTE I am using the default Intel CPU fan and heatsink combo I got the processor packaged in an Intel Original Box also checked fan running at RPM -- When I had the side of the chassis cracked open while the PC was switched on I checked the fan it is spinning normally but strangely although the CPU is at degrees the heatsink doesn t appear to be hot at all it seems as if the heat isn t dissipating properly through it - Any suggestions I built this PC myself DIY and I know that these readings aren t normal nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I know this thread is a year out of date but my computer experiences the same problem I will leave it on and after x number of minutes it will go into standby but Computer in Standby Overheat then the BIOS Overheat alarm will sound repeatedly To clear the problem I have to shut the computer down I have recently installed more memory and an additional fan thinking that this would solve the problem I ve also disabled some startup programs and cancel tasks etc to try and stop it from over-working but this doesn t seem to solve the problem Computer never used to be like it until about months ago It has always done it but it was never a regular daily occurance Any ideas would be greatly appreciated to keep my PC cooler but cost effective ---------- Spec Operating System Windows x SP Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA -UD Rev RAM GB x GB x GB DDR MHz PC - Memory CL V Processor AMD Phenom Computer Overheat in Standby II X Processor mHz cores logical processors

A:Computer Overheat in Standby

Hello -If this is a "Brand Name" computer, you could list the Make and Model of computer then post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -Publish a Snapshot using Speccy << Follow These DirectionsThank You - EDITED to repair link -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482676/computer-overheat-in-standby/
Relevancy 39.56%

I really don't know if this is in the right forum because Overheat(?) Best stumps Buy Unexplained I really don't know what the root of the problem is TL DR My laptop has symptoms of overheating forced shutdown delay before it will restart but the temp is well within normal parameters AND it only happens when playing some games that are NOT the most cpu or graphics intensive games I use My machine Asus G Jh laptop Windows -bit Home Premium SP ATI Mobility Radeon HD Intel Core i Q GHz GB RAM A couple months ago a new indy game called Magicka caused the symptoms I listed above I thought it was a one-time thing caused by inexperienced programmers making a game in their basement until it started happening every time I tried to play either Magicka or L D online with friends Now consistently within - minutes of online gameplay the forced sudden shutdown occurs This does not happen with Supreme Commander Sins of a Solar Empire EVE or the other dozen games I play many of which are much more cpu and or graphics intensive than those listed above When the Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy shutdown does occur the laptop does not feel hot at all it can get much hotter doing other things and no shutdown occurs I took it to Best Buy since I bought it there and according to them all hardware seemed fine and all they could find were a Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy few viruses Suprise suprise when I brought it home it was still borked Right before the shutdowns started happening EVERY time I played those games I also had a very strange anti-virus related slow-down problem than was resolved to my bewilderment by uninstalling the program I can go into in detail if anyone thinks it would help PLEASE don't make me hand my computer back to Best Buy so they can send it away for a MONTH ' Any suggestions at all are very much appreciated Thanks a lot in advance

Please upload a report as there is information included in it that can help diagnose your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155679-unexplained-overheat-stumps-best-buy.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi.. well about 30-50min ago my computer just shut its self down, overheated i think and it was making a buzzing/whistling kind of noisy engine jet sound should i be worried or?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3071 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 468740 MB, Free - 259745 MB; D: Total - 468741 MB, Free - 157373 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, WG43M
Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

here are tempature readings if it helps pls help thanks:

Relevancy 39.56%

I do not have a major problem with this. However I would like to find a solution to keeping my HDD temperature down. I will not use any aluminum in my computer. Thats not to bright. I will not put liquid near my computer so thats out. My HDD i perfect. I want to keep it that way. I am also concerned about vibration in the solution and frequency. I won't go overboard on this. There should be an overall solution to this. However for some unknown reason. Even computer manufacturers and HDD manufacturers don't have it. So maybe in Europe or something they have a high speed dual plastic fan. Thank you.

A:Hard Drive overheat

What is the problem with aluminium might I ask?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-overheat.885195/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello May someone help me My VGA Card is Nvidia Geforce GT had an extremely overheat I know when I start to play PC DVD game maybe a few hours my computer was automatically restart and not start the Windows So I think my video card maybe crash or nearly broken After I open the case to tough it and let my finger still burned It is extremely hot because its fan doesn t work When it cool down I test it again and it work properly and doesn t have problem on the monitor but it start to hot quickly A friend ! overheat Card Video of mine told me that it will be broken or useless because it hold the a high temperature already but I don t exactly I want to know that why does it become hot and hot so quickly It has a heat metal with a fan on it How long should I use my computer without play game And how long should I play computer DVD game on my computer because sometimes I used to play more than hours without Video Card overheat ! stopping I use Windows XP service Video Card overheat ! pack Ram GB Nvidia geforce GT MB Asus P Q Deluxe Intel Core Quad GHz HD GB If all the video Video Card overheat ! cards are like this what can I do to make it cooler than this Please help me thank nbsp

A:Video Card overheat !

If the fan does not work you need to either replace the fan which a store like Radio Shack might carry or replace the video card. A 9800 could well be under warranty BTW.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-overheat.876118/
Relevancy 39.56%

I've owned this laptop from my Aunt for a few years, however it always overheats without a heavy duty fan available, and suggestions for how I'm going to fix this, I'd like to get it to work for some research and other stuff. Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Vista - HP G50 overheat.

hello gamer20Thirteen and welcome to TSF,

Overheating is a very dangerous condition for any computer, especially a laptop.

I would like you to refer to the following post to clean out the vents in your laptop.

Caring for your notebook computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-hp-g50-overheat-990593.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I've been using my laptop for some time now and this day, while I was playing Lord of the Rings Online, it suddenly turned off. When I press the power button it only blinks for a split second and turns back off but after around 1-2 minutes, I am able to turn it on again. I've been playing Lord of the Rings Online for several days and this never happened. Is my laptop crashing? or is it just overheating because the side was quite hot when I touched it while I was playing. Whenever I turn it on, no BSOD, no warning saying "System recoved from error" etc.
Here are specs af ever they are needed.
Proc: INtel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5500 @1.66GHz
RAM 1Gb
Video Card : Ati Mobility Radeon x1450 (512 mb)

Relevancy 39.56%

I really don t know if this is in the right forum Overheat(?) Buy Unexplained stumps Best because I really don t know what Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy the root of the problem is TL DR My Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy laptop has symptoms of overheating forced shutdown delay before it will restart but the temp is well within normal parameters AND it only happens when playing some games that are NOT the most cpu or graphics intensive games I use My machine Asus G Jh laptop Windows -bit Home Premium SP ATI Mobility Radeon HD Intel Core i Q GHz GB RAM A couple months ago a new indy game called Magicka caused the symptoms I listed above I thought it was a one-time thing caused by inexperienced programmers making a game in their basement until it started happening every time I tried to play either Magicka or L D online with friends Now consistently within - minutes of online gameplay the forced sudden shutdown occurs This does not happen with Supreme Commander Sins of a Solar Empire EVE or the other dozen games I play many of which are much more cpu and or graphics intensive than those listed above When the shutdown does occur the laptop does not feel hot at all it can get much hotter doing other things and no shutdown occurs I took it to Best Buy since I bought it there and according to them all hardware seemed fine and all they could find were a few viruses Suprise suprise when I brought it home it was still borked Right before the shutdowns started happening EVERY time I played those games I also had a very strange anti-virus related slow-down problem than was resolved to my bewilderment by uninstalling the program I can go into in detail if anyone thinks it would help PLEASE don t make me hand my computer back to Best Buy so they can send it away for a MONTH Any suggestions at all are very much appreciated Thanks a lot in advance nbsp

Although I cannot see a relationship between overheating and a virus (or an AV program), the fact that BB told you they found a "few viruses" gets my attention. It does not sound to me like you have a hardware problem, so what I recommend is you download and install HiJackThis (HJT) install the program, close all open windows, launch HJT and click the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. The log file will save in Notepad. Copy the entire file a paste it into a reply to this thread.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING. Most of what is listed is required for your system to operate. Wait for one of the authorized HJT analysts to provide you instructions.

Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-overheat-stumps-best-buy.990289/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I ve an AMD Athelon i have a terrible memory but CPU Core went overheat undetected... i think it s got x and in the name sorry it s off right now and you ll see why For some time i ve had to switch down from my GT Graphics card to a as I was getting artifacts and freezing after about minutes of starting CPU Core overheat went undetected... the machine Quicker if i ran something d After a week or so I started getting blue screens with that and got worried I just assumed the had died Turns out both the cores in my CPU are running at degrees IDLE gt lt and or more when under any kind of load Im guessing this CPU Core overheat went undetected... is why the was acting so strangely and clearly i need to get some new thermal paste and check the cooling fan is secure Do you think i ve permenently damaged the graphics card as first CPU Core overheat went undetected... thought or is it entirely possible that its been fine all along and was just collapsing because the CPU wasnt coping under such heat nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I really don't know if this is in the right forum because I really don't know what the root of the problem is TL DR My laptop has symptoms of overheating Unexplained stumps Overheat(?) Best Buy forced shutdown delay before it will restart but the temp is well within normal parameters AND it only happens when playing some games that are NOT the most cpu or graphics intensive games I use My machine Asus G Jh laptop Windows -bit Home Premium SP ATI Mobility Radeon HD Intel Core i Q GHz GB RAM A couple Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy months ago a new indy game called Magicka caused the symptoms I listed above I thought it was a one-time thing caused by inexperienced programmers making a game in their basement until it started happening every time I tried to play either Magicka or L D online with friends Now consistently within - minutes of online gameplay the forced sudden shutdown occurs Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy This does not happen with Supreme Commander Sins of a Solar Empire EVE or the other dozen games I play many of which are much more cpu and or graphics intensive than those listed above When the shutdown does occur the laptop does not feel hot at all it can get much hotter doing other things and no shutdown occurs I took it to Best Buy since I bought it there and according to them all hardware seemed fine and all they could find were a few viruses Suprise suprise when I brought it home it was still borked Right before the shutdowns started happening EVERY time I played those games I also had a very strange anti-virus related slow-down problem than was resolved to my bewilderment by uninstalling the program I can go into in detail if anyone thinks it would help PLEASE don't make me hand my computer back to Best Buy so they can send it away for a MONTH ' Any suggestions at all are very much appreciated Thanks a lot in advance

What program was it that you uninstalled?

Does the laptop feel hot to the touch anywhere on it when this happens. Usually this will be near the touchpad or anywhere along the wrist rest.

Are you running it on a soft surface when this happens, like a bed, couch, your lap? Despite the name, a laptop really should be on a hard surface when used. The air vents are on the bottom and can easily get blocked on a soft surface. You are also more likely to get lint into the fans and heat sinks from fabric surfaces.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unexplained-overheat-stumps-best-buy-564449.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all I know very little more than jack squat about computer tech But I saw that you all at the Tech Support Guy forum got a very strong recommendation from the folks over at Gizmos Freeware so I thought I d fish for some answers here for a problem that s been vexing me for a number of weeks now I have looked through the current threads and did not see that this problem has been addressed If it has and I missed it please kindly redirect me to that thread The very short version is that I need to replace Replacement (Slimline GPU Overheat) my GPU and PSU and would like some guidance A longer version follows the specs HP Pavilion Slimline s f Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count GPU Replacement (Slimline Overheat) RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION Eureka MS C R Antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection Updated and Enabled The much more detailed account is as follows The first sign of problems was that when the photo slide show screensaver came on the monitor would slip into power-save sleep mode while the computer remained active The monitor would not respond to peripherals and a hard reboot was the only way to get it back Some googling suggested it may be a power settings issue so I turned off the screensaver and reset all the powersave options to quot never quot That seemed to delay the problem but didn t eliminate it The same problem occurred during any sort of extended high demand graphics Then I was reminded that the Slimlines are notorious for cooling problems - I have the tower in a dark very well-ventilated area for just that reason So I opened it up and blew it out It was mildly dusty but nothing scary After booting with the side panel still off I noticed that the GPU fan wasn t working I ve since noticed it will spin randomly I downloaded Speedfan to get a reading of running temps and saw that everything was within range except the GPU which runs at about C at boot C at low load and jumps up to the high s with a heavy load video etc Running a house fan right at the graphics card keeps it in the - C range even when working hard So it s pretty clear that I need a new GPU The added wrinkle here is that the card that s in there now is rated for a W PSU and the stock unit for this Slimline is a W so it was set up for trouble to begin with So it s pretty clear that I need a new power supply to handle whichever new graphics card I get Finally I foresee the need to also add some case cooling for an extra layer of protection the case has two fans as is - see the attached a pic of the components layout for reference So I need to upgrade the GPU PSU and case cooling This much I know I m not so sure about the order in which to tackle them though Nor am I confident that I know what I need to about making the modifications I m a returned student on a tiny budget so I d like to do it one piece at a time if possible If anybody has any feedback related to specific replacement units that would be appreciated as well Thanks so much nbsp

A:GPU Replacement (Slimline Overheat)

You may need to do more than just upgrading... but more on that later. As I see it there is only two things that actually should be upgraded and that is the power supply and system fans. Your graphics card could actually be fine- as long as you don't keep it under extreme load for long (90+C* is usually the highest that nvidia cards can take. Don't know about ATI cards) it may still survive and not need to be replaced. The Graphic Card rating for PSU is the minimum that graphic card needs to function correctly and probably the reason the fan is not working as the moment. More fans are always a good thing.

Now to what I was mentioning before, slimline computers don't give a lot of room for upgrading and the position of components is one of its major drawbacks. The only way around this is to literally "spider" or "octopus" the computer.

The term spider and octopus means to literally take the components out of the computer and to secure them to a frame usually made of metal or plastic. (I used CD pack lids flipped upsided down on three corners of the case [[secured with duct tape]] where I support my hard drives- which rest on the "top" of them ) I do this for the DVD/CD Rom drive and PSU as well. This gives me the ability to put alot of fans by the into the case. (I have a total of 5 fans in my computer right now and one is actually a fan card placed next to my gpu to keep it extra cool.

I would first suggest that you look up a power supply that is at least two to three times your current 220 wattage. I would also recommend getting some plastic sheets or metal frame to secure the components outside the computer case (if I had a camera I would show you) I would also recommend getting 120mm or 140mm fans for the best fan cooling implimention. Or if you could afford it liquid cooling would always be the best choice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpu-replacement-slimline-overheat.1012003/
Relevancy 39.56%

I've got a 2 yr old Toshiba A505 laptop. Earlier today, I shut it down, then on attempted restart absolutely nothing would happen. No lights, no sound etc. After a few minutes I was able to boot it normally.

So I tried it again, same thing. Wouldn't start. No lights, no indication that the "on" switch worked.

Then after another few minutes it started normally.

So I shut it down again and flipped it over. I noticed some dust restriction on the air intake and realized that overheating may have been the problem. So I blew everything out and have now restarted it several times normally. Apparently that fixed it.

So the question is, is that the normal symptom of laptop overheating? I need this machine to be reliable so if there's much chance that something else is the problem I need to replace it right away.

A:Toshiba laptop overheat?

Holy Moly, 138 views and nobody's had a laptop overheat?...lol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-overheat.1040430/
Relevancy 39.56%

I m not sure where to post it it can be posted under games software or overheat cpu makes Game hardware I have a laptop MSI GX with a i - CPU and radeon HD vid card When i play anno Venice singleplayer my CPU propably gets overheated and shuts Game makes cpu overheat down my laptop It does not reboot automaticly I ve seen logs from coretemp that when i play anno it stresses my cpu at and my cpu temp increases steady till Game makes cpu overheat about degrees celcius and after a while then crashes my laptop Multiplayer games are no problem i can play for hours but Game makes cpu overheat only if i m not hosting I tried reducing graphics it makes no difference I tried reducing the temperature in many ways i ve bought a laptop cooler i removed dust and tried many other things I ve seen an option in bios to adjust the temperature where it shuts down my laptop but i wonder if it ll be healthy for the components if i increase that value So the question is do you think it s the game shutting down my laptop Is it the temperature or something else and how can i solve it if it s the temperature maybe there is a program that can limit cpu usage on anno thnx in advance edit another test with now both a CPU temp monitor and GPU temp monitor cpu temp remains steady in anno around - degrees celcius gpu temp is in IDLE no anno - degrees celcius and in anno goes fast above degrees celcius So maybe it s my GPU it only wouldn t explain why i don t have trouble in multiplayer edit if i play one of my other games my GPU temp goes up to degrees celcius but then i have no problems maybe i didn t play anno long enough to see the true max temp nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-makes-cpu-overheat.997331/
Relevancy 39.56%

I recently bought a new PC from a friend mainly used for PC Gaming It is a custom built PC I used it for a few hours at his house PC [SOLVED] due to Crashes Overheat and seemed great I [SOLVED] PC Crashes due to Overheat gave him the money and took the PC home I tried to play the game Arma It seemed to be all going good until it started lagging for a minute or so and then crashed the whole PC I found out the reason and it was due to an overheat I know its not just that game because it also crashed another time while playing World of Warcraft It doesn't crash right away but after - minutes on Arma it will crash Any solutions Here is my PC specs OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd M MT-D Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled

A:[SOLVED] PC Crashes due to Overheat

How did you discern it was overheating? Also, you said that you found out what the problem is, so I'm not understanding what assistance you'd like from us. If you want to know what you can do to remedy the overheating issue, you can try the following:
Check system for dust and clear any present
Check all your fans to see if they're all running properly
Your friend may not have placed the CPU heatsink/fan on the CPU properly, or improperly applied thermal paste between the CPU and the heatsink. Try getting your friend to reinstall the CPU fan/heatsink to ensure this isn't the case.
Check airflow in the case to make sure that hot air is properly being ejected and cool air is entering.

That should ensure for the most part that things are running moderately cool and stable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-pc-crashes-due-to-overheat-619187.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello nbsp months ago I bought a HP envy Phoenix I think it's the Just a few days ago i started having problems with it When i start gaming after Phoenix GPU overheat, fan working not HP min - my monitor will display a black screen and say no input signal The CPU keeps running but i still have to shut down the computer with the powerbutton in order to get my screen back nbsp There is nothing wrong with the monitor or the HDMI cable Searched for HP Phoenix GPU overheat, fan not working the problem a bit and found out my GTX gpu is overheating It HP Phoenix GPU overheat, fan not working gets up to degrees before shutting down So i opend up the desktop and found out my fan is not working There is nothing blocking the fan because i am able to spin it manually Furthermore when trying to activate the fan with MSI overheat software the fan is unable to start I put it at but the RPM stays at nbsp nbsp When the desktop was open I was able to notice that the fan is actually trying or something like that The fan moves just a tiny bit but falls back to it's original posistion This happens every seconds or so It's like it doesn't get enough power to make the fan spin or only gets power for second and then stops for seconds nbsp Is there any solution to this problem I never overclocked my GPU or tryed to do anything with it because i don't know much about it nbsp Hope it's just a software error updating drivers for GTX didn't help nbsp Kind regards and really looking forward for any help nbsp LaurensDev nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Phoenix-GPU-overheat-fan-not-working/td-p/5680856
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I have a problem with my laptop but for what I really need help is for contacting speaking with a person about my ongoing fix petition see Satellite overheat problem L50-B-1HM last paragraph The problem started with my laptop serial no YE C making a noise of a loose piece in the top right corner where the fan is This happened for about weeks being hard to detect at first where the sound came from It is in guarantee and no drops bad use have occurred These noises were not something continous just happend sometimes about - days a week and during just a few seconds Afterwards it stopped making noises Then I received several messages of the system telling me Satellite L50-B-1HM overheat problem about a refrigeration problem to turn off the pc and call the technical service While I am been doing this task of contacting them I have reduced its usage The last day I was with the pc it turned off itself I have made a petition to repair it Satellite L50-B-1HM overheat problem I am from Spain My real problem is haven't been able to speak to a single human being during the whole process I suppose a carrier company is coming but I don't know when or anything I had to do the petition through the web page toshiba es sos because it was impossible to do by phone I have received an expedient number by this web it does contains numbers and letter The phone numbers I have used are - You answer questions to a robot about your problem but at the end of the process the line is always engaged whenever you called - You answer questions to a robot and when it asks you about the number of incidence you cannot write letters so I supposed the number I have is not the correct one I need help to contact someone in Spain telling me if I have to do something more and at which point of the process I am

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94391-Satellite-L50-B-1HM-overheat-problem
Relevancy 39.56%

I am moments away from making a new laptop purchase with Windows Last choice most important choice is either -bit or -bit OS Buddy of mine is Windows laptops? overheat 7 64-bit adamant I get the -bit if I use on a laptop because of heating issues and not needing all the RAM gt GB that -bit are adept He says if I dont do video or graphic processing then why bother I wasn t going to get more than GB of RAM but thought -bit Windows 7 64-bit overheat laptops? is the future so I might as well jump on I dont anticipate hooking any old hardware to this as it will be networked wirelessly Does he make a good case of -bit on a laptop over -bit I have never owned a laptop Any makes or models of laptop that you know have heated up with -bit I noticed Dell isnt even offering -bit OS or at least I am not seeing it Much ado about nothing Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 64-bit overheat laptops?

Some OEM's are ONLY building 64 bit laptops. I do NOT think he is making a good case, it MAY have been on the ones built a few years ago, but not now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-64-bit-overheat-laptops.870174/
Relevancy 39.56%

Greetings Firstly my apologies for computer ignorance and my most sincere gratitude for your attention and patience My computer has been stable for around years until last night it started freezing and restarting by itself usually when there s a lot of applications running or I m running by Desktop restarting itself, overheat? a game that requires a lot of memory and heats up my pc For the record however it has froze on BIOS setup too which confuses me I figured that showing the system summary plus speedfan and additional info would help understanding so here i photobucket com albums q TheDigitalKitty spec jpg i photobucket com albums q TheDigitalKitty fan jpg Temp stays at - C without any major application running and goes up to - C when running World of Warcraft I assume that s Mainboard temperature Because I m afraid of overheat Had past problems with a different computer because it was dusty - And yes I m keeping this one clean I have an external mini-fan running and turned towards the Desktop restarting by itself, overheat? tower to cool it a bit My computer is apparently virus and spyware free Ran Avira and Spybot and I have most my drivers updated according to DriverMax Let me know what additional information I can and Desktop restarting by itself, overheat? should provide I d like to know if my PC Desktop restarting by itself, overheat? is shutting down due to overheat and if not what would you advice me to check nbsp

A:Desktop restarting by itself, overheat?

Wow first off i hope PC Wizard is reading your DIMM voltage wrong, DDR2 should top out at 2.4 volts max for the fastest DDR2. I recommend taking out your RAM and looking for the voltage on it, and putting it in the BIOS manually. Then check if PC wizard shows the voltage that you input.

If PC Wizard shows the new voltage correctly you should download and burn memtest http://www.memtest.org/#downiso to see that there is no permanent damage to the DIMMS.

BTW: its not uncommon for a CPU of the NETBURST architecture to run up to 80C

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-restarting-by-itself-overheat.137300/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey everyone, so I think I have boiled down the problem to my video card overheating. (Original prob was that my system would freeze whenever it was on for more than an hour) Microsoft support said they could not find any problems with any of the .evt files that I sent them, but said that temperature was one of the main causes of freezes and hang-ups. So after I shut my computer off and opened the case, the video card was blazing hot! And I mean hot, cooking eggs hot! What causes this to happen? I have no idea and would like some input so that I can end this madness for good. Thanks alot.

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, i am planning to upgrade to a BFG GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB PCI-Express Video Card, and i am wondering if my case temperatures and cpu temperatures will increase, even if it is a slight increase. Since im new to the forum i cant post any links but the pc i have is a hp media center m8125x, if u search it in Google you'll be able to find it. I upgraded the psu on it to an Enermax liberty 500watt. There is no room to put case fans, and there is only 1 exhaust fan in the pc. I know for sure that the card is able to fit inside the case as i have already measured it. Thanks in advance.

A:Upgrading to 8800GTS will overheat CPU etc?

There's no intake fan? If not this case apparently isnt meant for anything that will increase the case temp at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-to-8800gts-will-overheat-cpu-etc.118671/
Relevancy 39.56%

Yo! Guys what's up?
My dad has a big problem recently, and is with his HP Pavilion DV6 -1280us.
Its AMD Turion X2 ZM-87 @ 2.4 GHz is Overheating, and reaching mid 80?C temperatures.

I've checked this with Speccy.

Eventually the computer either freezes or Shuts Down (No BSD yet, AFAIK)

Motherboard seems to also get a temperature increase.

The computer was recently cleaned, since it was thought that the vent had been blocking the air flow.

I've tried putting the PC to Power Saver, but nothing.

A:Laptop CPU Overheat. Reaches Beyond 80C

Wait... I've found the CPU usage is around 90%. I've just killed WD Management engine, which was using 64 - 70%.

I thought, that it was need of thermal paste (which I don't know if the guy who the computer was sent to applied it or not).

I'll post back if that was the main problem.
Edit: Seems I've sorted out the problem. It seems that the WD was the main cause of the Processor Overheat.

Now the CPU has dropped to 55?C which is the normal temperature for the laptop.

Anyways, thanks for the help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212631-laptop-cpu-overheat-reaches-beyond-80-c.html
Relevancy 39.56%

You know with all the computer problems i have between my computer and my family s computers most of which i bult i m suprised i don t hate computers First of all I want to say that all information in this is second hand The computer in question is my mom s and we live in different parts of the state so it is rather hard to see firsthand what is going on Here is what has happened Over the past month or so her computer has just suddenly froze a few times while she wasn t there I didn failure? cpu memory Possible or overheat t think it was any major problem since it IS windows after all Also the clock on the computer was starting to get further and further off each day she would reset it every dya yet every day it would get further and further from the real time Today the computer was froze once Possible cpu overheat or memory failure? again She reset it and the biostar logo for the bios came up and it just hung on that She tried resetting it again and this time it just repeatedly beaped until she used teh power switch on the psu to turn it off Now when she starts it Possible cpu overheat or memory failure? up the fans start and even the NIC gets power the light is beeping but the monitor doens t even flicker and she said that it didn t sound like the hard drive is spinning up There are no longer any beeps and she has Possible cpu overheat or memory failure? to turn it off with the psu switch Any clues nbsp

A:Possible cpu overheat or memory failure?

Hi,

The first thing I would do is replace the CMOS battery.

Spaceman

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-cpu-overheat-or-memory-failure.118525/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,
I spoke to a local computer buff i know who strongly advised me against AMD processors saying that they overheat quite quickly/often....is this true (yes, i realize this depends on other factors..but im talking about just a basic senario.....like moderate gaming/online use...possibly leaving computer on all the time)....as opposed to a p4?

(let the fighting begin)

Relevancy 39.56%

I just did my 300th or so board
dual xeon 2.8 with new copper heat sinks
on first post 1 board just beeps long for about 8 beeps
no video
2nd board 1 long continous beep overheat light comes on
by the way 1 cpu at a time to test
with 1 cpu board stays on
but the other cpu 1 beep and shuts off
can't send back the cpu's could it be something else not
these do this as soon as powered on

A:I think I'm in trouble overheat beep

This sounds like bad motherboards, not CPU's or memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-im-in-trouble-overheat-beep.74347/
Relevancy 39.56%

I really don t know if this is in the right forum because I really don t know what the root of Buy stumps Best Unexplained overheat the problem is TL DR My laptop has symptoms of overheating forced shutdown delay before it will restart but the temp is well within normal parameters AND it only happens when playing some games that are NOT the most cpu or graphics intensive games I use My machine Asus G Jh laptop Windows -bit Home Premium SP ATI Mobility Radeon HD Intel Core i Q GHz GB RAM A couple months ago a new indy game called Unexplained overheat stumps Best Buy Magicka caused the symptoms I listed above I thought it was a one-time thing caused by inexperienced programmers making a game in their basement until it started happening every time I tried to play either Magicka or L D online with friends Now consistently within - minutes of online gameplay the forced sudden shutdown occurs This does not happen with Supreme Commander Sins of a Solar Empire EVE or the other dozen games I play many of which are much more cpu and or graphics intensive than those listed above When the shutdown does occur the laptop does not feel hot at all it can get much hotter doing other things and no shutdown occurs I took it to Best Buy since I bought it there and according to them all hardware seemed fine and all they could find were a few viruses Suprise suprise when I brought it home it was still borked Right before the shutdowns started happening EVERY time I played those games I also had a very strange anti-virus related slow-down problem than was resolved to my bewilderment by uninstalling the program I can go into in detail if anyone thinks it would help PLEASE don t make me hand my computer back to Best Buy so they can send it away for a MONTH Any suggestions at all are very much appreciated Thanks a lot in advance nbsp

A:Unexplained overheat stumps Best Buy

It sounds like one of three things at this time: a) you are infected or b) the drivers of Magicka are causing issues, or c) you need to update the video drivers from Asus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unexplained-overheat-stumps-best-buy.163576/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys, I'm new here and I run in to trouble...I got my self a geforce 4 ti4200 128.
And yeah it heats a lot! so i got a different fan for it, now the cpu is fine, but the ram is the one that is heating...What do I do?
I cant mesure the temperature because i dont have the monitor, so how do I go about it? the case is pritty hot...Im worried that my ram will fry out soon if I keep it same way.
my specs are :
[email protected] 220
[email protected] 405

Thanks

A:GeForce 4 overheat question

From my experience, the air ventilation inside your casing is an important factor to the temperature inside your PC. In my case, my Athlon XP dropped from 59C to 47C on idle (I have a small casing). You would probably wanna check whether the ventilation within your casing is efficient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-4-overheat-question.4632/
Relevancy 39.13%

Computer specifications:

Operating System
MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz 44 C
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
Intel Corporation DP35DP (J1PR)
Graphics
M208WA @ 1280x960
512MB GeForce 8800 GT (Undefined) 53 C
ForceWare version 258.96
Hard Drives and Optical drives
ATAPI DVD A DH20A3H
JEL 5QN856V4 SCSI CdRom Device

Problem:

My computer keeps restarting for no apparent reason. I've performed a memtest, It passed. When I leave my computer on, doing nothing, it doesn't restart.

I've reinstalled my PC, formatting it completely, didn't help.

I've unchecked the "Automatically restart PC on error" and no BSOD shows up.

It's not overheating, since I've got a little monitor on my computer box, always monitoring the CPU heat, and it's always 40-50 degrees celsius.

Any idea what could be done?

A:Windows XP restarting randomly (not overheat)

If NOT using keyboard but just browsing, etc with mouse, does this happen?

Or the alternative (typing a bunch, no mouse).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-restarting-randomly-not-overheat.156810/
Relevancy 39.13%

What is a good brand for power supplies? and where can I get them?

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,My g6-2305sl often go over the 95 C with a cpu activity of 50-60%.I tried to update the bios (currently i have the F.26 version), clean the inside of the laptop and to change the thermal paste, but the temperature didn't drop significantly. Even in energy saving mode and with a cpu activity around 30% the temperatura go from 88 to 94 C. What can i do to return to a normal temperature?   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/High-temperature-and-overheat-of-g6-2305sl/td-p/5750587
Relevancy 39.13%

Dear Lenovo, I have recently bought a Lenovo y50-70  with a Western Digital SSHD of 1 TB (not more than a month old) and I noticed a few times it makes a clicking noise when I put it to hibernate. Also the hard light is flashing at every click, which is about at an interval of 30 seconds. I presume it doesn't hibernate but it somehow blocks in an on-sleep state because it's getting warm and the keyboard lights flash.Also the SSHD gets often very high temps, the maximum was 57 Celsius but it usually gets 52 in full load and in normal use 40-45 Celsius.Please, tell me if the hard is going to have problems or even die, I have my diploma and I don't want to loose everything I worked on just right now xD

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/SSHD-clicking-noise-and-overheat/td-p/3351598
Relevancy 39.13%

First of all here are the specs -AMD Athlon XP w retail fan -Gigabyte GA- VRXP -Samsung MB RAM PC -MSI GeForce TI- -Plextor CD-RW Athlon overheat, XP 1900+ AMD dead? x -IBM Deskstar GXP GB -Maxtor GB -TV Tuner haupauge however you spell that -Soundblaster Live Gamer -Antec W power Supply -Windows XP Ok I have had this computer for about a year now and never had any problems with it until now I have noticed it has been getting slower over time but I just thought it was because I needed a fresh install of windows which I never had time for The computer locked up when starting windows one day and from then on it has never come back up -The computer was full of dust and build up Cleaned that up and it still locked up -I thought it was the hard drive so I tried a DOS boot disk with AMD Athlon XP 1900+ overheat, dead? scandisk While it was about a fourth the way through a surface scan AMD Athlon XP 1900+ overheat, dead? it locked up AMD Athlon XP 1900+ overheat, dead? -Now it might be the hard drive but i suspected the power supply I tried a supply that was working on another computer and it locked up on scandisk too -At this point I tried various things and it seemed the more I messed with it the sooner it would lock up Now it will not even boot to a floppy it gets stuck just after the post screen -I took everything out all that was in was the CPU It gives me the beep code for RAM -Insert RAM and it gets to post and stops with both PSUs -Hook up Floppy and it posts but never boots the disk Now i m stuck so I just take out the CPU and have a look The CPU is made of brown material on the outside and the silver core in the middle I noticed that around the core the brown looks like it was wet The color is just a little darker I have been trying to find a picture of a ruined Athlon to make sure but can t I believe it is fried but need to know for sure before I buy a new one Please help BoLo nbsp

A:AMD Athlon XP 1900+ overheat, dead?

CPU check is usually done on the underside (pin side), generally with a fried Athlon, right in the centre you notice it discoloured very slightly. If you sniff this part you usually get the scorched metallic smell (not always).
Must say though if the cpu was fried you would not get post at all. Sounds more like the motherboard or memory, have you tried swapping the memory out ? If possible try the cpu in another board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-athlon-xp-1900-overheat-dead.141647/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I m having issues other than the usual ones in life Problem is this Artifacts due to overheating I ve been monitoring my video card s processor temps at load on various games Cards: horribly? Any don't overheat Video that like Sims Fallout NWN These are reasonably aged games yes Fallout Video Cards: Any that don't overheat horribly? runs wonderfully The other two on the other hand send my video card upwards Video Cards: Any that don't overheat horribly? of C even up to C once My friend built my machine I trust him Video Cards: Any that don't overheat horribly? He said my power supply was more than able to handle the GeForce GTX EVGA brand Thermaltake Purepower W RU W ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply As of right now I have my side open with a floor fan sitting right beside it and even tonight as winter draws near I just hit playing Sims getting artifacts The games RUN smoothly I have no real lagging issues It s just that darned overheating artifacting I have my video card s fan on I have or so fans in total in the machine overall I have the card set at below the factory default overclock I have no idea what to do about this issue I could get a new card but I see overheating mentioned here and there though nowhere near as much as I ve seen people with s complain I have no experience with ATI cards I do not have the means to get into expensive water cooling methods Any thoughts Thanks General Specs Win XP Pro SP Intel Core Quad Q GHz CORSAIR XMS DHX GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX GTX ASUSTeK Computer INC P E Deluxe Rev xx nbsp

A:Video Cards: Any that don't overheat horribly?

Good excuse to upgrade to a Radeon HD 5750 or 5770
You could probably just have the heatsink full of dust though... (if this is not built recently and always have had the overheating problem). Take a can of compressed air or an air compressor and go outside to blow the card, and preferably the whole computer clean...
Still, with that kind of an outrageous overheating (and artifacts already at ~80-90 C, shouldn't be happening), there's something wrong with the card...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards-any-that-dont-overheat-horribly.876577/
Relevancy 39.13%

Dear All,

Please suggest me a software for my Win 8 64 bit which can monitor my CPU temp such that when temp goes beyond a specified value say 70 degree celsius, the program will pop up a warning, some sound also.

I tried the latest version of core temp, but whenever temp exceeded my specified settings, the prog stops working. Any other software?

Thanks,
Troy.

A:[Request]Software for CPU overheat alert

I haven't used it in a few years, but I believe Speedfan will alarm at high temps.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/46709-request-software-cpu-overheat-alert.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I Have an Origin Gaming Computer that just recently underwent possible overheating due to a cooling pump failure For the longest time was not even able to reinstall windows because during the install it (Possible overheat on hardware) BSOD's Multiple would BSOD Updated BIOS and reset CMOS and WALA was able Multiple BSOD's (Possible overheat on hardware) to reinstall windows I Purchased new SSD's because I thought the SSD's crashed in Raid Computer is currently running in Safe Mode and lasts about minutes until it BSOD's again I attached the MiniDump's and would love any help determining the the problem whether or not it be hardware or software My guess is that it might be either a failing graphics card or motherboard but not completely sure as this is my first build that has ever experienced a problem like this P S The Dump is the one that occurs in safe mode and the other one occurs - seconds after booting normal windows SPECS Power Supply KW Corsair AX CPU Cooling Liquid Cooling Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Processor Intel Core I x GHZ Overclocked to GHZ Memory GB Cosair Vengeance DDR Mhz Audio Creative SB Recon D Edit Both dumps occur in both safe mode and normal windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/400203-multiple-bsods-possible-overheat-hardware.html
Relevancy 39.13%

> I have p4 3.4 Dual Core with P5WDH Deluxe , 2GB-533 DDR2 memory,
> ASUS EN8800GTS 640MB Grphic Card and Vento 7700 casing.
> I can proper running application but i playing the game company of heroes.3 or
> 4 minutes later my system automatically shutdown.And then i take of my side
> casing cover and touch my graphic card and it's so hot.So i check the vga
> card fan and it's working.Later i change my previous graphic card
> ( asus en7300gt slient ) and i can play the game without shutdown.
> So how can i fix that?Plz Help.

A:ASUS 8800GTS overheat soultion?

ASUS EN8800GTS 640MB Graphic Card used about 120 watt from Power Supply, is your PS strong enough. Asus p5wdh have some utilites tool on Motherboard driver cd "PCprobe", so you can monitor voltages, coolers, temperature of CPU and Mobo for example.
try to also install some tool for your VGA, maybe you can find it also on VGA driver cd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-8800gts-overheat-soultion.74400/