Windows Support Forum

Can you force a RAM limit through BIOS?

Q: Can you force a RAM limit through BIOS?

Im only asking this because I have a computer that should be able to take 3 gigs of ram. But for some reason all the ram ive tried in it only read as 128 *which could be possible cuz the ram was from old systems* but I just got a 512 stick of ram for it but when it came it reads 128mb as well. They could have sent me the wrong thing but now im wondering if for some reason there was a limit set on it somehow. So im just wondering if thats possible.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can you force a RAM limit through BIOS?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can you force a RAM limit through BIOS?

Do not just buy RAM randomly, you must know the exact model. Try running this utility: http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/
The utility will tell you what ram to purchase and the maximum it can hold. What is the model of the PC because there may be a BIOS issue if it is a newer more than old PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-you-force-a-ram-limit-through-bios.187403/
Relevancy 55.04%

How can you tell the size HD that old BIOS will support when there is no paperwork?

A:BIOS limit on HD size

Run something like Everst Home Edition (a freebie). Dig into the information it will give about the BIOS and go from there.

http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-limit-on-hd-size.309662/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi !
I have a friend who recently got an 20 gig hd to add to his
700 mhz something pc, that has an 8 gig hd in it.
Now, the bios doesn't detect it(probably cause the bios/chipset has to
be upgraded cause of the 8.4 gig limit).
I'm wondering, if i would to repartition it, to let's say 7-7-6, on
another computer, would the bios detect it then ?

Relevancy 55.04%

Greetings all! - my question, whats the easiest way to re-install the OS and Apps from an HP recovery cd, after the original hard drive (2.1gb) has been replaced by a new 20gb drive.?
HP Pav 8210, bios set auto - 8432mb, Samsung 20gb with Samsung DM ver 9 installed. boots to c:\ but (of course) recovery wont run from F10 command on bootup, due to drive overlay not been recognised by recovery disk - I dont think partioning the drive will help either in this instance. Cheers Kevin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/h-p-recovery-s-w-on-hdd-bios-limit.89201/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Toshiba Laptop BIOS ACPI V. 1.30. The computer always tries to boot from the hdd, and cannot load windows. How can I force the computer to boot from cd-rom? Holding C or F12 do not work. I'm mainly asking for help from someone with experience in this BIOS because changing boot priority doesn't seem to affect cd-rom booting, but without a hdd the cd-rom drive will boot.

Also I've tried to buy an enclosure 2.5 inch ide, but this is incompatable. Does anyone know what types of hdds are in recent Toshiba laptops?

Update: Crap! The drive is ATA.

A:How to force bios to boot cd-rom

Just to cover the bases, after you enable your CD rom drive as a boot option and make it first, do you save the changes or discard?

Stupid, I know, but do you have a CD in your CD drive when you're trying to boot?
You shouldn't have to hold C or F12 or any other key if your boot priority is configured properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-force-bios-to-boot-cd-rom.577481/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello

I made a major change where I installed a new motherboard from Gigabyte. At the same time, I re-installed an old hard disk so I can use it for data storage .

Problem is, that old hard disk had a Win 7 installed and it boot from this one insted of my SSD drive. The SSD drive was already in my machine before the motherboard swap.

I look up in my bios boot sequence and the SSD does not appear. But it is available from the list when I press the F12 for the boot selection.

I'm not an expert and I'm a bit (maybe a lot) loss with all these aptions.

Any help appreciated

Martin

A:Booting from SSD: How to force it in bios

Did switch physically the Sata cable of the Hard disk to the SSD.

Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251672-booting-ssd-how-force-bios.html
Relevancy 54.18%

how do i create a USB stick that will force a BIOS update at startup?

i have downloaded the BIOS and extracted the files, but how do i make a USB to boot from and force the update?

i have included a pic of the files extracted

A:How To Force HP Bios Update

If there is a legitimate UEFI/BIOS update for your particular hardware HP should have a fully (or almost fully) automated BIOS flash program in the downloads area for your computer, with instructions.

You need to consult the HP support site, looking specifically on the page for your specific machine.  Here's what it looks like for mine:

01-Main_Support_15-g035wm.jpg   121.39KB
  0 downloads

As you can see, there is a BIOS update that just came out a few days ago (thanks for making me check - I haven't in a while):

02-HP_2015-12_BIOS_Update_15-g035wm.jpg   84.01KB
  0 downloads

Upon clicking "Download" I am offered the option to do a pure download or to use the "Download & Install Assistant."  When available, I always choose the latter:

03-HP_Downloads_Options.jpg   98.56KB
  0 downloads

Once the BIOS Update Finishes Downloading, you get the Install Now option:

04-HP_Download_And_Install_Assistant.jpg   50.4KB
  0 downloads

05-HP_Download_And_Install_Assistant_Install_Now.jpg   50.95KB
  0 downloads

After Choosing "Install Now,"  you get this parade of screens while the BIOS Update Program does its thing:

BIOS_Install_Screen_01.jpg   63.09KB
  0 downloads

BIOS_Install_Screen_02.jpg   93.01KB
  0 downloads

I missed capturing the third screen due to it's speed of display and my own fat-fingering of Alt+PrtSc

BIOS_Install_Screen_04.jpg   42.25KB
  0 downloads

BIOS_Install_Screen_05.jpg   49.97KB
  1 downloads

BIOS_Install_Screen_07.jpg   30.04KB
  0 downloads

BIOS_Install_Screen_08.jpg   37.46KB
  0 downloads

Now, after closing all the programs I had open, this is what's left showing on my desktop immediately before hitting the "Restart Now" button:

Desktop_Just_Before_Restart.jpg   188.65KB
  1 downloads

Then, your system restarts (for the first time) and you'll get a series of screens either exactly like these or somewhat like them:

01-BIOS_Update_after_Reboot.jpg   42.36KB
  0 downloads

02-BIOS_Progress_after_Reboot.jpg   120.17KB
  0 downloads

03-BIOS_Verify_after_Reboot.jpg   64.81KB
  0 downloads

04-BIOS_Restart_Request_after_Reboot.jpg   123.27KB
  0 downloads

Now the system restarts and goes through the process of actually flashing BIOS memory during the boot process.  You'll see update status shown as a blue screen in the middle of a black field:

05-BIOS_Flashing.jpg   251.91KB
  0 downloads

06-BIOS_Flash_Complete.jpg   261.47KB
  0 downloads

Then your system will go through rebooting the rest of the way like it usually does.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599455/how-to-force-hp-bios-update/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone System Gateway NX X Notebook Intel MB amp CPU Phoenix TrustedCore Bios A normal boot in this laptops current state results in a stop just after POST when the OS should start The system isn t locked or frozen as the FN keys still change things but there s no display and nothing happens I would like to attempt a force flash recovery of the BIOS but having recovery Gateway BIOS notebook force scoured the net for weeks and dozens of email attempts to Gateway and Intel I have very little information as to performing this procedure AFAIK there is no recovery jumper on this motherboard I haven t read of any such jumper and have torn the laptop completely apart looking for one So if you have any information about recovery modes on Gateway Intel MB Phoenix BIOS I d be very grateful to hear it Details and Progress I ve read many posts that describe power-up key combinations that initiate a force flash recovery I ve attempted the combinations Gateway notebook BIOS force recovery and techniques with no result on this Gateway However I began trying random combinations and believe I ve found the recovery process but am unsure what the computer needs next I tried holding WIN R while powering up and got a whole different boot result This time I get a black screen no backlighting even the fan turns on for a few seconds then off the normal LEDs power button AC available etc come on I ve tried dozens of configurations of bootable CDs and flash drives as outlined by other BIOS and pc manf but haven t achieved anything on this Gateway I purchased a USB floppy drive which I d read that some systems will require The first thing I noticed is that during the normal failed boot the floppy sounds like a normal drive testing itself OTOH when using WIN R the drive makes an extra quot back and forth quot read-like sound but then goes silent So if I m on the right track I now need to know how to format the disk to get the computer what it needs If one of you knows that I m NOT on the right track please let me know Otherwise any help greatly appreciated Thanks PM nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-bios-force-recovery.713449/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey i was just wondering can the BIOS settings cause an automatic restart?

COMSTER!

Relevancy 52.89%

I have made a mistake and forced - flashed my gpu with the wrong bios. Now i have a black screen. Now what i am aiming at is a cd or usb that will force start-up boot and flash the bios automatically ? Hope anybody can help me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/force-startup-boot-to-flahs-gpu-bios-609517.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Having an issue where I am completely unable to BIOS (3.08) y510p Force Corrupted? Flash? access my nbsp BIOS settings after pressing F I am directed to the BIOS then within seconds the keyboard stops responding to inputs The only way out is by pressing the power button nbsp nbsp Now for the stange part Windows system info seems to think I am running however the frozen BIOS screen says it is Version nbsp y510p BIOS Corrupted? Force Flash? (3.08) nbsp I have tried running the update exe and am greeted with this nbsp nbsp I have also tried running the update file and am greeted with the exact same message not the expected older version message nbsp nbsp Is there a way to force the flash I would like to have access to my BIOS again I have also tried accessing the BIOS via the small button to the left of the left speaker however this freezes a few seconds in as well nbsp nbsp The computer runs normally for the most part my only complaint is the frequent graphics card crashes restarts under intense gaming nbsp load nbsp Is there a way to downgrade BIOS versions or force the update

A:y510p BIOS Corrupted? Force Flash? (3.08)

Is there any way to downgrade the BIOS to 3.05 using a USB drive or CD? Apparently people have been having major problems with Lenovo BIOS setups, and have had great success using modded versions to allow WLAN customization, and fix graphics card errors.  Considering the factory software has failed me, I would like to give this a try.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/y510p-BIOS-Corrupted-Force-Flash-3-08/td-p/3313364
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking about upgrading my Inspiron 3647 Small Desktop's RAM and graphics card for a while now and I would like to ask if it can handle 16 GB of RAM (8GBx2) and for any suggestions for an upgrade from a GT 625 that would fit within its case. The computer has 2 DIMM slots so I wouldn't think that 16gb of ram should be a problem. It already has 4 GB pre-installed.

Thanks in advance. 

A:Inspiron 3647 Small Desktop RAM Limit and Graphics Card Upgrade Limit

It supports 16 gigs.
http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Dell/inspiron-3647

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19652277
Relevancy 48.16%

So Before - Force Motor Driving EX Logitech Query Force Feedback anyone tells me to Logitech Driving Force EX - Force Feedback Motor Query send it to Logitech for repairs I should mention that there are none that I know of in my area and I'm not willing to pay R ZAR postage to send a big box km away to get my wheel 'checked' Other than that it's already nearly years old and way out of warranty Now onto the finer details The force feedback suddenly stopped working one day a few months back There was no funny smell or smoke or unusual amount of heat etc Anyways long story short I suspect the motor is the culprit here I can't see any damage or burn marks on the IC boards A Google search for the details on the side of the motor returns nothing even remotely related to Logitech or electronics in general so I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction here Markings on the side RS- PH- Made in China TD V The above is a symbol almost like a logo but I don't recognise it I've redrawn it in Paint see attached perhaps someone else knows it Other than that I've also attached a photo of the motor with a CD beneath it for a size reference I don't play racing games enough to warrant buying a new wheel and everything else on the wheel still works I simply don't have any force feedback and the wheel obviously doesn't center itself anymore no springs all done with the motor If anybody can help point me in the right direction with looking for a way to either test repair replace this motor I would be eternally grateful PS I am currently trying to sort out my account on the Logitech forum to ask there as well but seeing as I haven't used my account in about years problems with an old MX it's been disabled I can't 'enable' my account and it won't let me register again

A:Logitech Driving Force EX - Force Feedback Motor Query

Hello, I am also facing the same problem as faced by you. The wheel is working fine but there is no ff. I dont know whether the fault lies with adapter or with motor or it is a circuit problem. Could you please tell me how did you manage to solve your problem??

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/139313-logitech-driving-force-ex-force-feedback-motor-query.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello everyone!

I am looking for information on a issue I have when I open Delta Force Task Force Dagger.

The game will actually open two instances of itself, I will be able to play in the one that pops up but when I click on the Exit button there is still a instance on the start bar. I have to maximize that then it goes back into the game which at that point I have to click the exit button again and then the program is closed.

I checked on Novalogic's web site support and even emailed them but no resolve either way.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Ken

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delta-force-task-force-dagger-issue.218987/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm getting very frustrated - running Windows XP and Phoenix 6.00 Bios, I want to boot from hard disk first and never from whatever might be plugged into the USB sockets. If say, I have an ipod or external hard drive plugged into the USB, bootup always looks there first and of course gives a "disk boot failure - insert system disk and press enter" message.

Here's how my bios is setup:

Main
- Primary Master - None
- Primary Slave - None
- Secondary Master -DVDRW drive
- Secondary Slave - DCD ROM drive
Advanced Bios
- First Boot Device - HD0
- Second Boot Device - disabled
- Third Boot Device - disabled
- Boot Other Device - disabled
Surely someone must know ? I'd really appreciate.
thanks
Simonides

A:How do I force boot from C: drive with Phoenix bios 6.00 rather than USB drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-force-boot-from-c-drive-with-phoenix-bios-6-00-rather-than-usb-drive.681304/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 34.4%

i have a pc with a 40gb hdd that's coming to its storage limit.
question is if i put in another 40gb hdd in and change them both to dynamic would the storage just run into the next as if it were an 80gb? or do i have to manually change the locations of files?

A:HDD near limit

If you set them to dynamic, it would not automatically extend the partition. You would have to do this manually in Disk Management.
Word of advise. Extending a partition to another disk is fast and convenient. However if the time arises that you encounter a failed disk, recovery of data may be less then pleasent for either drive. I usually do not recommend using dynamic disks unless the drives are configured in a redundant array.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hdd-near-limit-146845.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all,
A friend has asked me how much is the maxium of amount of ram can he put in his machine, he knows he has 3 slots there and one slot is filled with 256 mb ram but he wants to put more in if he can, but does not know how to find out what is the maxium limit, that he can actually put into his machine.
His Motherboard is a Via - pent-3 with 733 mhz.
thanks for any help
Tuby

A:How much RAM is the limit ?

Your friend needs to go to the MB manufacturer's site and download the manual. I've never owned a via chipset (I think that's what you mean) but I seem to remember an issue occuring if all three RAM slots were populated you would lose dual channel capability. Anyway you need to look for the MB model number which, hopefully, should be printed on the board. Google for the mfr. support site. The support documentation should state how much RAM the board can use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-much-ram-is-the-limit-53457.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok, i've noticed this for a while. When i'm playing games or something online, i can't use more than like 3 keys at a time. If i try to crouch while moving diagonally forward/left, it won't let me. I have to press Ctrl+W+A, but i can't strafe left and it gives me this beeping noise.

Is there a way for me to turn off the key limit (or whatever it's called) in XP?

A:Key limit?

I don't think you can hold down 3 keys at a time on any keyboard on any computer. I've only been able to hold down on 2 at a time in a game.Also you might have some accesible features on. To make sure they are off do thisClick StartClick Control PanelClick Accesibility OptionsFirst uncheck any of the boxes on the left, then...Click Settings under "StickyKeys"Un checkmark "Use Shortcut"Click OKClick Settings under "FilterKeys"Un checkmark "Use Shortcut"Click OKClick Settings under "ToggleKeys"Un checkmark "Use Shortcut"Click OKThen click the Display tabClick Settings under "High Contrast"Un checkmark "Use Shortcut"Click OKClick ApplyClick Ok

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29260/key-limit/
Relevancy 34.4%

Can anyone tell me how much music the player will hold?

A:WMP limit

Hi,

The only limit is the storage capacity of your system, DVD or CD's.

i.e.
4.7G on a single layer DVD, 700MB on a CD & the ??? Hard Disk Drive (HDD) space you have. OK?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295503-wmp-limit.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all

Does XP have a limit to the amount of memory it can utilise? I have heard that it is limited to 3 gig, is this right?

I have 4 gig of DDR2 (533mhz) and I don't think XP is utilising it properly. 1) windows only shows my system as having 3.5gig. 2) I have been having memory issues when using Illustrator - basically anything above an 8 page A3 layout (600mb file approx) causes illustrator to crash. I have checked the memory usage in task manager and it never goes above 600mb when running illustrator.

Any ideas? Or is this typical?

Cheers

A:Win XP RAM limit?

32-bit XP can allocate (by default) 2 GB memory per process.

You can increase it to 3 GB by using the /3GB parameter in boot.ini, but applications need to be compiled as 3GB-aware.

You might need to use the /PAE parameter in boot.ini too.

I recommend trying XP x64 if you have a 64-bit CPU, there's a trial version available for testing. It doesn't have the same memory limitations as 32-bit version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-xp-ram-limit.57518/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello everyone!
Iam using vista 64. Is there any programs that limits RAM usage for a specific program/game?
Because I got 2 games that won't work with over 3GB Memory which means I gotta use the MSConfig and restart all the time just for play those games.

So is there any kind of this program?

(Btw Iam new here)

A:Ram Limit?

Bump... No one can tell me if this kind of program exists or not?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/229848-ram-limit.html
Relevancy 34.4%

The resource monitor has been showing low, constant numbers of connections even with moderate bittorrent activity (>1mpbs). Are there are built-in limits on any type of TCP connection?

A:Is there a TCP limit?

Check yours

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

It's called TcpWindowSize.

Abit of reading as well.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc938219.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55402-there-tcp-limit.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello -

Isn't there a way for me to expand the limits of SP2 for files I import? Seems like I saw it here someplace but can't find it now. I just installed SP2 on this computer and would like to use it in the same way I used SP1. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Relevancy 34.4%

HELlo,
i have a system with ligit windows on which i was gettin a blue screen error so i reinstalled windows on the same computer so far i havent made mine legit so can i enter the same key on my same system?
p.s.
how many times can use my key on the same system?

A:cd key limit on 1 pc

Hi there
This has just been answered in another post.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/131558-cd-key-limit-1-pc.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,

Have done a fresh install of XP Pro SP3 and have the latest updates as of yesterday. I noticed the following error in the event viewer

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Tcpip
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4226
Date: 19-Apr-10
Time: 8:21:02 PM
Description:
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at ...

I did a google before this posting and got a bit confused after reading the comments at the following URL.

Code:
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1246416&page=1
Is the following solution safe?

Code:
http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497
Thanks

Relevancy 34.4%

In the Event Viewer/System, I keep finding a Warning (event 4226):

Tcpip
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Am I infected?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598401/tcpip-limit/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi. hoping anyone can help. I've just got a samsung 1tb sata hdd & after installing it xp says it is only 127gb??
Specs.
MSI K9A2 CF M/board
Athlon 64 dual core 3.00ghz
3gb ram.

Thanks in advance.

A:127 gb limit

update your bios from the manufacturers homepage.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/127-gb-limit-416457.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello.

I am planning to build a system for graphic design purposes: Core 2 Quad 2.40 ghz with 4 gigs of ram. I won't be able to use Vista as the main OS. I will use XP Pro SP3 32bit.

Can I improve a XP pro SP3 system by adding 4 gigs of ram?
Can I set 2 gigs for the OS and 2 gigs for Apps?

I think I read somewhere that this can be done. But I'm not so sure right now.

This link says 4gb:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555223

Any help will be appreciated.

Willy.

A:XP and Ram Limit

Essentially, 2Gb is the maximum that any single application (graphic processing in your case) can have. On a 32-bit processor, only 3.2 Gb of real ram can be addressed by the processor.

The system uses virtual memory to reach 4Gb, but the more real ram you have the less of the virtual memory is 'slow', and the faster your PC actually runs.

With the 32-bit limit only 3.2 Gb can be 'real' ram, but clearly it is worthwhile to have 4Gb real since you can only install exactly 3 or 4Gb.

To use 4Gb of real ram would require 64-bit XP professional, but due to many problems such as driver availability and even more so, application availability and incomplete debugging of a (so far) minority OS, I would not recommend this route at present.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-and-ram-limit.107974/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey Guys

I have got myself a new laptop recently with the following specs

It's a HP Pavilion G6 2253SA

Intel Core i5 3210M
Intel HD 4000 Graphics up to 1.6GB shared graphic memory
6GB RAM DDR3 at 1600MHz
1TB HDD 5400RPM
Intel HM76 Chipset

Anyway I have a 64 bit copy of Windows 8 Pro installed and this has been re-installed as I did not want to bother with all the Manufacture software that was not necessary for my system

This next part sounds silly and fussy
Anyway even after reinstallation my ram still does not go up to 6GB as it only peaks at 5.89GB and that 103MB is reserved for hardware

I plan on upgrading it to 8GB of ram however I do not want to upgrade it if all the extra memory is just going to be reserved for hardware

Thanks to any replies

A:RAM Limit on 64-bit Windows

Simple answer -- Integrated video. Your on-board video uses system RAM since you do not have a dedicated video card

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/26025-ram-limit-64-bit-windows.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello everyone I seem to have a problem at least i think i have limit? no even RAM Windows though using not all a problem with my computer The Windows not using all RAM even though no limit? picture below is a picture of my computers information WHILE rendering a D-text object I have done some research and cant seem to find a answer or im not sure what to do but i have gathered the information that you can all help me with I will diagnose what each picture seperately with what i want you to help me figure out in a breif description in it What i am also trying to do is render videos but it is wanting take over Hours to rendering a second clip CLICK IMAGE TWICE TO ENLARGE The bottom photo is a picture of all my specs and what I am running Windows -bit GB Ram GHz ect ect My laptop model is a ASUS R A with Windows pre-installed clean This laptop is a month old and only use it for media The picture on the left is a photo of my Task manager while its rendering the video I can see the CPU is going above its limit even though I have not made any modification to my systems settings but the RAM is not being completely used It also says GB Available GB commited Even though i only have GB and the Page Pool is low as hell when it should be higher If im correct The picture on the right is a picture of my virtual memory I have GB of ram but the currently located is MB when it recommends GB I was thinking about maybe putting this to GB but im not sure what to set the Initial Size and the Maximum Size values too So basically I want to have my computer modified for rendering at the fastest speed possible I have also gone into the settings and made sure the limited ram thing is off and it was already off Help would be much appreciated please UPDATE I figured if my power options are set to power saving it uses less CPU but when i set it to max it uses all the CPU This does not fix the RAM problem though

A:Windows not using all RAM even though no limit?

Just a suggestion. Everyone can read your enormous and colourful text, but your pictures are far from the best. Maybe if you would edit the text to something more natural (using examples from other posts is a good start) and posting larger images, it would help immensely.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/21922-windows-not-using-all-ram-even-though-no-limit.html
Relevancy 33.97%

One of my housemates is abusing our broadband conection a bit at the moment with p2p downloads, so... since we have asked him nicely to slow it down and he has ignored us, I would like to know if it is possible to limit the bandwidth available to computers on our little network. we are using a d link 604 router, which is a bit cheap and cheerful and we have a variety of windows opperating systems, win 98, me and xp all running on the 4 computers.
Any ideas would be much appreciated
thanks

A:Limit Bandwidth

What OS is he running? If i m not mistaken the only MS OS able to manage your bandwidth is XP. Another simple way is to limit his bandwidth using the bandwidth trottle found in the the p2p program he is using. As far i know, only routers for business users allow their users to limit the bandwidth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limit-bandwidth.5667/
Relevancy 33.97%

I've recently reorganized my Bookmarks into different folders. However, when I updated the Bookmarks on my laptop using Mozbackup, the Bookmarks were still in the old folders. When I looked in my profile on my PC, I saw that my profile hadn't updated, and when I experimented by adding a new bookmark my profile still didn't update. Is there some limit on the number of bookmarks you can have in Firefox?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/bookmark-limit-287552.html
Relevancy 33.97%

How do I limit or reduce memory (RAM) caching?

"Why would want that?"

Because my cache takes 4GB of memory, and I only have 6GB total. I'm already using 1.4GB for open applications, which only leaves me 400 - 900mb of RAM for a heavy graphic video game (I need approximately 2GB at the very minimum). FPS is ridiculously low (frame lag).

A:Limit RAM Cache?

I think I found a temporary solution!

Is it a good idea to disable "Superfetch" before I play a graphically intense video game, and re-enable it after I'm finished? I'm finding this to be a good possibility for my needs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/214079-limit-ram-cache.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a SONY DVD RW DW-U18A
Board: P4VT8+ 1.0
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P1.40 04/08/2004

When I burn a DVD it stops at 4mg. What do I need to do to get the full 4.7gb

Dave
[email protected]

Relevancy 33.97%

hi!

I need to limit internet bandwidth on my desktop.

Maximum download speed, given by ISP is 470 kb/s.

Now, how can I limit it within Windows(7 Pro) to for example 250 kb/s ?

I would like to avoid commercial software, and I don't want to limit every program manually.

Best regards

A:limit bandwidth

Quote: Originally Posted by croatianchemist

hi!

I need to limit internet bandwidth on my desktop.

Maximum download speed, given by ISP is 470 kb/s.

Now, how can I limit it within Windows(7 Pro) to for example 250 kb/s ?

I would like to avoid commercial software, and I don't want to limit every program manually.

Best regards

DO you mean you wish to avoid paying for the software, or commercial software in general?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/135445-limit-bandwidth.html
Relevancy 33.97%

What is the limit of the amount of operating systems i can put on one harddrive?

Im thinking to put different windows xp and one windows vista. Is this possible and how much more OS's can i put.

tnx and i hope the question is clear

Relevancy 33.97%

hey all, I just want to know if there is a software that can limit my download size, i am limited from by 28GB, but if i use more, they making me pay horribly much :S so if there is anything that can warn me when i reach it, or to cut my connection, i would be thankful .
I hope someone would help.

A:Limit my download

Not sure if this is what you're after: Internet Url Logger Free Download

Out of interest, is there much difference in price between a 28GB cap and unlimited downloads with your current ISP.

If they are so expensive why don't change to one that's more reasonably priced?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173346-limit-my-download.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

This is probably an overasked question, but basically, I have two gig of ram, and I thought "2 more won't hurt will it?". But apparently when I said this to a friend, he said "Depends on how much your OS allows..."

So how much does XP home SP3 allow?

Thanks

A:XP Home 32 bit SP3 Ram limit

32bit windows allows 4gb, but shows 3 or 3.5gb
64bit shows it all.
I believe with Windows XP Pro 64bit + the correct motherboard, you can support 8GB

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-32-bit-sp3-ram-limit-346177.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I need a micro SB.
I see some that have some awsome capacity.
HOWEVER... when searching my phone's compatible accesories it doesnt show any micros over 4 GB.
Am I restricted to that? or am I safe getting a 16 GB ?

Relevancy 33.97%

What do you explain if I play a game at 1280 x 800 and 1680 x 1050 and I find no difference in the quality of graphics?

My gaming rig is AMD phenom X4 3.2 ghz, 8gig of RAM, radeon HD 4870 X2 2gig with HD raptor 10,000rpm. Monitor is Asus capable of over 1680 x 1050.

I assume that the limit comes from the game itself ?

A:resolution limit?

Where are you changing the resolution settings? If you are not changing them in the game then yes the game is limiting it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolution-limit.835554/
Relevancy 33.97%

Guys, there's a little patch spreading on the web, that can patch memory or file. I just can patch memory, it doesn't allow me to patch the file. That sucks a bit because when i reboot the laptop, the limiter comes in action again. anyone knows a way to patch tcp forever?

Relevancy 33.97%

I found this forum on google and read through this thread. I have a similar problem at work where I have 35 students that need to get files from my machine. We are all in the same workgroup, but hampered by the 10 computer access limit. I read somewhere that this setting can be changed or adjusted, but I haven't been able to find that information again.

You say there are other alternatives to setting up a server. What are some of these alternatives, please?

Relevancy 33.97%

Does anyone know if there is a way to limit guest accounts in Windows XP to only being able to access certain files and folders? If so, how do you do it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limit-accounts.388448/
Relevancy 33.97%

I just hit the customer list limit of 14,500 in Quickbooks Peo and the boss doesn't see the point in upgrading it to the Enterprize version for 3,500 smackers. Does anyone in this corner of the net know of a sales tracking/accounting software program that we could use in place of QBP?
I'd appreciate any suggestions! *applies forehead to keyboard*

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5761/quickbooks-pro-limit/
Relevancy 33.97%

How do I find and close the tabs I do not use? New to this stuff. Windows 7. Thanks

A:d2 pad (don't laugh) tab limit

Tabs where or in what program?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d2-pad-dont-laugh-tab-limit.1118373/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have windows XP Pro and my kids already have there own logon name, I need a way that will only allow them on the internet for a set time. I have cable modem that is connected to my LAN. Is there one for free I can use I don’t need to do any thing else.

A:internet limit

Welcome to TSG!

There are software applications out there that can set controls for computer use.
I took a trip over to www.tucows.com (try before you buy site)
(Windows, System & Utilities > User Management and then searched for XP compatible apps)

The first one I came up with ... 1st Security Center Pro 3.1
(http://www.tucows.com/system/preview/258636.html) ... allows for The "User Working Time" function allows you to limit working time for your children, colleagues or students. You can define several time intervals and durations.

A very well known protection applicaton is Net Nanny www.netnanny.com
They have a try-before-you-buy at http://www.netnanny.com/products/freetrials.html

The cost of these apps is minimal and they sure do provide a great level of comfort (for you) and security (for your wee ones)

I hope this helps
cheers
MDM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-limit.117118/
Relevancy 33.97%

background info I m gone at least days of every weekend And the time when I come back my roommate has been using my computer to look at stuff I really don t want traced back to my computer Or he uses it to print off huge articles He has his own computer but he doesn t want the porn on his and doesn t want to waste printer ink so he just waits until I m not around to use mine After I got pissed about it he promised to stop but then started back up like two weeks later So I tried to stop it limit access? How to by setting a screen saver How to limit access? password but then he just unplugs my How to limit access? computer and hits cancel on the log-in box and gets in that way and I know that can t be good for my computer The breach of privacy is total BS IMHO but i can t afford the rent by myself so i m stuck with the assclown so on to the question Is there any other kind of password that I can set up that isn t as easily bypassed as the screen saver password Since Internet Explorer and Word are the main problems is there any way of making those programs innaccessible when I am not logged into the computer Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

I have Windows XP Home 32bit edition, I have enough slots, usb drives, sata drives for 13-17 more hard drives.

I was wondering if there is a limit to how much space I can have? Like 1 petabyte.

A:Limit of overall space?

For seperate drives the limit is the number of available drive letters. As for size I believe its 16 Terabytes when using NTFS for any individual partition.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limit-of-overall-space.466726/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

I am having some difficulty getting my pc to utilize the full 8GB of RAM, as it seems to only be using 3.2gb.

I have confirmed it is a 64-bit system.
In the boot options menu I ensure that there are no memory restrictions are in place.
The ports seem fine. The RAM cards themselves are also fine (I had some extras laying around, with the same problem during my tests)

The images below should contain necessary information about system specifications.

Let me know if other information is needed!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/130073-ram-memory-limit.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I am trying to dual boot windows 7 and windows 8 consumer preview, but first i need to make a new partition in order to do so (I made the mistake of completely wiping my windows seven a few months ago) :$ anyways, when I try to it tells me I have to many partitions, it there a way I can keep my current partitions and still make another one for my windows 8? or am i stuck with only one operating system at a time?

A:Need help with Max Partition limit

You should be able to Shrink C in Disk Mgmt and create a Logical subpartition there since it is contiguous with D which is Logical. Do not accept conversion to Dynamic if it will not give a Logical.

If not you can use the Resize and Create function in free Partition Wizard bootable C: Partition Wizard Move/Resize Partition Video Help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/229963-need-help-max-partition-limit.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Me and my mate were looking to buy some new RAM, we settled on 24Gb, way more then we need but it would do us for a life time.

But then he bought up that Windows might cap us, and sure enough 7 Home Premium has a 16Gb limit...

I read but found no confirmation that SP1 removes the RAM limit, but if it doesn't is there a registry entry or something to bypass the RAM limit?

A:Can the RAM limit be bypassed?

Nope. If you want to use more than 16GB, you have to upgrade to Ultimate, Enterprise, or Professional.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/226360-can-ram-limit-bypassed.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi HDDr's

so i'm wonderin,'.......what choices are their available in 'large hd partitioning limits?'
1. Will the above ref'd OS's even recog over 2TB?
2. If not, will it allow the installation minus the calculating of the actual size?(ex. 4TB installed yet OS only shows 2TB)

***(raid of course)***

wonderin if anyone experimented
thnx,
apollos
PS I don't know what this DDO is.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vst-or-w7-tb-part-limit-418611.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello.
I am using several PC (with XP Pro) as a dedicated Point of sale system. I would like to know if there is a utility that will prevent my users from using other programs? In other words, I would like their usage to be limited to using the POS program.
Thanks.
Pam

A:Limit PC Use to One Program

start > run > gpedit.msc

See the attachment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limit-pc-use-to-one-program.227799/
Relevancy 33.97%

If I buy a copy of XP Pro upgrade, how many different computers can I install it on? In the old days I bought win98 and installed it on all four of my comps. Can I do that with XPro?

A:XP Install Limit?

Not unless you purchase Volume Licensing: http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/3214/1d/www.zones.com/images/pdf/WindowsXPLicensingPrimer.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-install-limit.186417/
Relevancy 33.97%

any1 no how to remove the word/character/number limit on msn messenger?

thanx a ton

A:msn word limit

I don't believe you can, but this nifty little programs raises the limit to 1100 characters among another things. Check it out; it's free and adds really nice features to MSN .

http://www.msgplus.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-word-limit.235290/
Relevancy 33.97%

How to limit space for a user on Windows NT Server. For instance i want to make a user use only 800 MB space on the Hard disk of the server.

help pls.

A:Limit space

Windows NT cannot do it, but there are third party utilities. It is available within Windows 2000 and XP and it is called Disk Quotas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limit-space.185636/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum I wasn't sure where it should be put.Last night my internet service suddenly stopped working throughout the house. I called Cogeco and apparently I'm 20GB's over my download limit. I had no knowledge whatsoever that this limit existed. Is there any other ISP I can use so I can get more download space, or is there a better service on cogeco so i can at least get 50GB?Thanks,n0data(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)

A:Download Limit?

According to their website, their max is 100GB. So you may have to upgrade your service. You may want to do some research on alternatives like Bell Sympatico or Rogers but keep in mind that with Cogeco you can package your internet with your TV and you may not be able to do that elsewhere. BTW, I'm on Rogers. Check out the link.http://www.cogeco.ca/en/high-speed-internet-_o.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131779/download-limit/
Relevancy 33.97%

As some people on these forums may know I have just bought a copy of Windows XP Pro. and installed it onto a new 120 GB.HDD. and have partitioned it as follows 10/20and 90GB with the OS.on the 10 partition,I now want to change the partitions to 20/20and 80GB. with the OS on the first 20 GB.My question is this is there a limit to the number of times I can reinstall the XP.OS. before the 30 days are up and I have to activate the product?The reason I ask is that I want to get everything the way I want it(even if it takes me a few formats and reinstallations)before activation.
regards CallMac

Relevancy 33.97%

Is there any way of limiting the cpu utilization of a process in XP? Most of the games I have run in full screen mode, and Windows always assigns about 99% to them. Now normally that wouldn’t be a problem, but when you’re using a laptop, the cpu becomes very hot and causes the fan to run very fast (and loud!!), to cool the cpu down.
These games are a few years old, and so, don't need that much cpu usage or processing power.

Any help would be appreciated.

PC - Asus D1 laptop/portable desktop
P4 2400 ghz/ 512mb ram.
Running Win Xp Pro.

Relevancy 33.97%

Problem occurs when trying to access the recovery console I m trying to help someone with a boot failure It goes as far as the Windows Startup menu with Safe Mode SM w Networking SM CP LKGC Normal After selecting quot normal XP size have Does HDD limit? a quot it Does XP have a HDD size limit? stops Does XP have a HDD size limit? after seeming all white rectangles have passed along the bottom of the screen The original HDD is a GB SATA HDD Using Acronis True Image ATI I cloned the original HDD Does XP have a HDD size limit? to a TB Western Digital HDD also SATA The cloning went fine When I booted to the TB HDD the boot process proceeded as before This is a Dell Dimension BIOS Revision A The TB HDD is recognized in the BIOS Booting with my XP Pro SP disk or my cousin s Dell XP Pro SP a OS disk after selecting quot repair quot I am informed that no HDD is detected What s going on EEEK I look forward to you helping me solve this mystery RF nbsp

A:Does XP have a HDD size limit?

Just happened with a 250 GB HDD.

Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any hardware-related disk configuration is correct. This may require running a manufacturer supplied diagnostic or setup program.

I'll bet it needs SATA2 drivers.

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-xp-have-a-hdd-size-limit.905169/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
I have an Asus A8N-E with 4 GB Ram, a FX-57 processor @ 2.88ghz, Radeon HD 4850 (512MB) and using Windows 7. When I try playing newer games, like Sniper: Ghost Warrior, I only get about 10 FPS. Does this sound about right for such a set up?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

A:Has my set up reached its limit?

I would suggest a new processor, along with a new mobo of course(I dont even think they make mobos that color anymore).

Are you already looking? Do you have a price range in mind?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/has-my-set-up-reached-its-limit.154689/
Relevancy 33.97%

Personally I use mozilla browser on my computer because of all the security flaws with Interent Explorer. On the shared house PC unfortunetly, none of the other members of my household do that. They all use Internet Explorer and change it back to the default browser whenever I'm not around. After a couple of weeks they start complaining to me that there is a bunch of pop-up ads and the computer is running slow. I tried limiting thier ability to install and download programs but that just got everyone mad because I was never around to install things for them. Basically I want to know if there is a way to get rid of IE so the only thing it can be used for is to update windows? Also is it possible to limit its use from other people without completly restricting thier ability to install other programs freely?

A:Is it possible to limit access to IE?

Depends on how hell-bent these people are on using IE. Personally, I'd just remove all shortcuts along with the desktop icon (can be done in tools->internet options->advanced), and rename iexplore.exe to something nobody else recognizes. This way, you can run that filename from start->run in order to do windows update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/is-it-possible-to-limit-access-to-ie-26734.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a problem with my cap limit on my adsl lnternet. I have a monthly limit of 3gb. On the 4th of April I was capped by my service provider. After calling their helpdesk they said that I must have a virus running om my system that is using all my data.
I scanned with AVG antivirus , Malwarebytes anti-malware and Super antispyware and found nothing.
Yesterday I bought another 3gb bundle. I checked my e-mails and received 7 mails , not one is bigger than half a megabyte. This morning my adsl was capped again. The support guys said that I must have a virus or something and they are not able to help me.
Can anyone please tell me what I can use to track the usage of this data.

A:Something is eating my Cap Limit

Definitely sounds like a virus.

To assist in your problem, we need you to download HijackThis (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe). Install the program (it will save to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis), run it, and select 'Scan'. Do not fix anything yet, just select 'Save log', and copy the contents of the log to your next post. A security expert will be along to check the log. Please be patient.

If, after 48 hours, you have not received a response, click on the 'Report' button at the bottom of your post, and ask politely to have the post moved to the Malware Removal forum.

Another thing you might want to try is Spybot - Search and Destroy. You can download it here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-is-eating-my-cap-limit.816586/
Relevancy 33.97%

I just got through building a nice powerfull machine with 8 GB's of RAM. I had been playing around with runing Vista x64 on it for a couple of months but today went back to XP Pro x32.

I was surprised though when I went into My Computer and under "Properties" and "Computer" it only showed my ram as 3.25 GB's. My BIOS shows the full 8 GB's though.

What's the deal?

Relevancy 33.97%

I can`t get my computer in XP sp2 show the right GB on my 250GB seagate disk it´s only shows 127GB, I downloadet the fix in registret from seagate homepage but the problem still there. My motherboard is Asus P4P800S-E deluxe and in bios it`s says the disk is 250GB.

Relevancy 33.97%

Following the path I run the test file limit
gpedit.msc/User Configuration /Administrative Template/System/Dont Run Specified Windows Application/enabled/show/test.exe/ok
It will not run the test file in Windows But by renaming test file, this limitation disappears.
How do I solve this problem?
Is it possible I replaced instead of the name, specify the file size?

A:Run limit files

If you really want to prevent the program from being run I would log in as administrator and Take Ownership of the file. On access settings I would allow not even read access by anyone else.

Edit: also local policy isn't the greatest way to prevent a program being run. I used it to prevent IE from being run. But Windows Installer trumps my regular account so during install of a program up popped IE to my surprise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325288-run-limit-files.html
Relevancy 33.97%

WOW Our fearless leader asking questions these are some that I ve blocked Let John double check it but I ve had no issues yep it s poss Tape made a mistake DENY kazaa - P2P block/limit fasttrack clones tcp from any to any udp from any to any edonkey and clones tcp from any to any - udp from any to any - winmx and napster tcp from any to any udp from any to any tcp from any to any udp from any to any bittorrent tcp from any to any - udp from any to any - gnutella tcp from any to any udp from any to any eMule is a clone of eDonkey tcp block/limit P2P from any to any tcp from any to any tcp from any to any tcp from any to any tcp from any to any tcp from any to any If you want block/limit P2P to block p p and just about any other application that requires a persistent connection to a client machine do the following Set up el cheapo NAT routers in series Make them secure don t set up any virtual servers close down everything that you don t need Connect a proxy server to the inside LAN interface and have all of your clients connect to a seperate NIC on the Proxy Set your servers that require internet access up on a different leg of your incoming connection so block/limit P2P that they do not go through the double NAT Proxy Server Your users will start to complain that they cannot access steaming audio and all kinds of other bandwidth robbing appz The best way to stop p p is to limit the bandwidth The p p ports I have are limited to Kb s This way they still connect but don t use up any bandwidth This method is the only real way to block p p Click to expand Well I have troubles with my network and I heavily suspect it comes from some P P software of my co-users of the network I administrate I m kinda a noob to administrating so I tried to do the above with the ports blocking but it obviously didn t work So now I wonder how I have to do the bleu thing For information I use windows xp professional the rooter is a belkin wireless G router Ghz g If anyone can help me out It would be very kind nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/block-limit-p2p.768078/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have the Western Digital 200GB WD2000JBRTL UATA100 with an Ultra ATA Controller Card...hd plugged into controller card like it should be....
yet it still detects only the 137 GB's...i really don't know what's wrong. Help anybody:

Some other specs of my comp:
Windows XP service pack 1
Gigabyte GA-8IK110
Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG (is my bios not 48-bit or something?)

A:137 GB (128 GB binary) limit? Help?

Install Intel Application Accelerator, it should help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/137-gb-128-gb-binary-limit-help.6526/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am trying to download a file that is bigger than 4GB with ie8 on XP. The file system is NTFS but it gets to 4GB then gives up.

Internet explorer 8 should be able to download files greater than 4GB according to Microsoft website.

But when I was trying to download a 5.4GB file (wikipedia text compressed) it gets to 4GB then stops to copy files to desired location and cannot continue. Is there some temporary file setting that is stopping me?

I am at university account so I cannot easily install a download manager

I was hoping to get some advice on how best to go about downloading this file. Do I give up with ie8 and windows?

Thanks,

David

A:ie8 download limit 4GB?

'it gets to 4GB then stops to copy files to desired location and cannot continue' - what location is desired?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-download-limit-4gb-455519.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Does anyone know if you can put time restriction on a xp?
Vista has time limit which you can block certain times that you can't access the computer.

A:time limit

You can do it from the CMD prompt.

net user username /time:M-F,08:00-17:00

But you may just want to install Windows Steady State. That may give you better options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/time-limit.857744/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm using Vista and want to load a program only on one user account. I know this answer is probably right in front of me but I'm brain cramping! How do i install the program only on the one of users account?
Thanks

Relevancy 33.97%

My 7 yr old Toshiba laptop has a 60GB HDD.
I'm thinking of upgrading to a 320GB as i use it a lot more now.
Will the bios see it & whats the max size with XP?
Cost will be just the price of the HDD.
And will ghost over everything from old to new HDD.

Any thoughts?

A:Limit on HDD Size

Off the top of my head, I believe you can go up to 2 TB with XP, though it may be larger than that, as well. 320GB will certainly do

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/limit-on-hdd-size.4060546/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi folks,

Not long ago I assembled a nice PC semi-monster. I chose a good and reliable PSU because i use a lot of hard drives, midi controller via usb, other usb devices, a few phones from time to time (also via USB) and an audio interface (Presonus) via Firewire... Some of my hard drives are powered by USB, some are not, the rest is usb-power only.
My problem/question is - Will i need a better PSU since I'm planning to install 2 more usb-powered midi controllers (my choice for now is again Emu Xboard 61), 2 more WD usb powered hdds and a second external audio interface... if possible.

My PSU at the moment is 1100W if I remember correct.

A:PSU max limit advice ?

1100 Watts is very powerful. I wouldn't suspect you'd need anything more than that.

I have a 430w PSU, and while I am wondering if a 500w might be a better idea, the bottom line is I have not had any problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/73231-psu-max-limit-advice.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello, I have a small bussiness with around the 7 workers,
each of them have accses to the Windows 10 RDP,
but now i want to limit the accses to some programes on the computer,
can i do it?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49159-limit-rdp-users.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I m having an issue that is really bothering me limit? Crashplan 1TB I m running Crashplan to backup roughly TB of data most of which being my RAW photos According to tech support the software is designed to stop at TB The workaround that Crashplan 1TB limit? they gave me was Crashplan 1TB limit? to enter quot java mx deauthorize restart quot into the code to open it to unlimited While that is fine it can be a pain in the ass especially when I restart after doing updates etc The software is supposed to run on restart and it doesn t Which means not only do I have to start it I have to enter the code restart the software and login again then run it into the tray When I run the software if I don t run the code right away it will crash before it finishes the system scan I have tried reinstalling the software but that hasn t helped Does anybody have a solution to keep the code embedded Thanks nbsp

A:Crashplan 1TB limit?

I'm guessing you are running out of memory for the Java service they run in the background. I have grown to over 5TB backed up and ran into this problem a long time ago. Really wish there software would automatically adjust this setting in the setup INI file.

You can modify the CrashPlanService.ini file in the C:\Program Files\CrashPlan directory.

1. Change -Xmx512M to -Xmx8000M
The line in the file is:
Virtual Machine Parameters=-Xrs -Xms15M -Xmx8000M -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=300

2. Restart your computer.
3. Check task manager, enable viewing all tasks, see if the service climbs up in useage and stays open.

This changes it so it can use up to 8GB of ram. You probably don't need it this high, but what the heck play it safe, and if it doesn't need it, it won't use it and the ram will be free for other programs.

https://hardforum.com/threads/crashplan-1tb-limit.1898839/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys,

I live in a student house and we have a 25mbps internet connection. Everyone uses a laptop but me, I have a really advanced desktop for my studies.

We are having a problem because my cpu is pulling a lot of bandwidth even when I'm not using it. I am using netLimiter Pro but that doesn't even work sometimes. I limit my bandwidth both in and out by 1mbps and it's still pulling a lot making it hard for the others to even stream at times.

Please give me a solution to this, I really need it.

A:LIMIT the usage!!

We are having a problem because my cpu is pulling a lot of bandwidth even when I'm not using it.Click to expand...

what have you got running any P2P applications ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limit-the-usage.1092941/
Relevancy 33.97%

I've been going round and round on the web trying to find out about the 4GB limit on Windows, but I'm not 100% having seen some arguments about what it means and if/how to get around it.

I have an XP Pro workstation with 4GB ram in it, of which it can see around 3.5GB. I'd like to squeeze out the remaining half a gig since I'm running Virtual PCs on this box.

I also have some 2003 Servers that may need more than 4GB of ram (Opterons running 32-bit 2003 Server).
1. Does the /PAE boot switch only work on Intel processors or AMD as well?
2. Does the /PAE boot switch work on XP Pro or just on Windows Servers?
3. Does the /PAE switch allow you to use more than 4GB physical ram on a 32-bit OS?
4. Can regular apps use more than the 4GB of ram if /PAE is used? (eg. Virtual PC, Vfox etc)

Relevancy 33.97%

quot Analysis more than cores may well be pointless One of the ongoing themes of my microprocessor coverage over the past few years has been the relationship between on-chip execution bandwidth well may be cores limit? 16 the and the quot memory wall quot So I was intrigued to learn of 16 cores may well be the limit? new research from Sandia National Labs that indicates that the severity of the memory wall problem may be much greater than 16 cores may well be the limit? the industry generally anticipates In a nutshell the quot memory wall quot problem is pretty straightforward and it's by no means new to the 16 cores may well be the limit? multicore era The problem arises when the execution bandwidth i e aggregate instructions per second either per-thread or across multiple threads and programs available in a single socket is constrained by the amount of memory bandwidth available to that socket As execution bandwidth increases either because clockspeeds get faster or because the die contains more cores memory bandwidth has to increase in order to keep up To put this in simple multicore terms cramming a ton of processor cores onto a single die does you no good if you can't keep those cores fed with code and data But memory bandwidth isn't keeping up Memory bus bandwidth latency and or throughput hasn't increased quickly enough in proportion to Moore's Law a fact that leaves processors starving for bytes In this respect the quot memory wall quot is a classic producer consumer problem and it's the reason that on-die cache sizes have ballooned in recent years As the memory wall gets higher and higher it takes more and more cache to get you over it At this point it would be fair to say that most modern server processors are really high-speed memories with some processor core stuck on the die instead of vice versa The memory wall is therefore an added barrier to the success of the many-core paradigm I say quot added quot because the most famous barrier is the programming model Massively multithreaded programming isn't just a quot hard problem quot rather it's a generation's worth of Ph D dissertations that have yet to be written The work from the Sandia team at least as it's summarized in an IEEE Spectrum article that infuriatingly omits a link to the original research seems to indicate that cores is the point where the memory wall causes a fall-off in performance on certain types of science and engineering workloads informatics to be specific At the -core mark the performance is the same as it is for dual-core and it drops off rapidly after that as you approach cores The chart included in the report is striking and I wish I had the appropriate background to interpret it Again the lack of any link DOI report title deck title or other reference information is unbelievable Nonetheless despite the lack of color from the source I'm sure the many-core skeptics in the audience and there are quite a few will seize on it as further validation that the maximum worthwhile core count is well below It looks like Sandia is proposing that stacking memory chips on top of the processor is the solution to this bandwidth problem If that is indeed their proposal then they're in good company Both Intel and IBM have touted advances in chip-stacking techniques and Sun has published research in the area of high-bandwidth memory interconnects that involve placing dice edge-to-edge But to my knowledge these die-stacking schemes are further from down the road than the production of a mass-market processor with greater than cores quot Analysis more than cores may well be pointless

Relevancy 33.97%

Hey all, quick question...

I'm sure we've all heard about the 1.65 voltage limit on DRAM for the i7s...however, I read online (somewhere) that there really is NOT a set voltage "limit" to this DRAM, but a set voltage RATIO that one must stay within for healthy, normal operation. In essence, 1.65v is at the upper end of the voltage ratio for a normal processor-to-DRAM voltage relationship. Is this true? Intel says stay below 1.65, but I swear I've read somewhere (tomshardware.com perhaps?) that you can be safe as long as you stay within that ratio...

Anyways, in short, is it true that you can safely up your DRAM voltage AS LONG AS you up your CPU voltage and stay within this magic ratio? Has anybody heard of this? If so, does anybody know that ratio? I thought I remembered it being below 10%? I could be totally off

Thanks,

Sal

A:is the i7 1.65v limit true?

lol hello Sal

The rule of thumb is to not have more than .50v difference between the DRAM voltage and the QPI/DRAM bus voltage. More than this can cause damage. I can personally attest to that

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/204649-i7-1-65v-limit-true.html
Relevancy 33.97%

please
i'm trying to download more than 3600 file from an webpage, ijust go there and with IE, i click with right button & do "download all with DAP".
the problem is that on the fist 460 files are qued for download !!
is this a limit somewhere in DAP or what?
please help me

A:PLEASE hep with DAP file limit

You'll need a web-downloader for that, such as BackStreet from www.spadixbd.com
DAP or any other normal DL-program is not geared for such a high volume.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-hep-with-dap-file-limit.26207/
Relevancy 33.97%

I don't know much about hardware, but I'm buying the following parts, and I'm wondering what is the biggest resolution I can get with the computer? I don't want to put a ton of strain on it, so I would like to get a monitor that is not huge (recommendations?).

Since I'm here, I may as well ask this too: Will all these parts fit together? I asked a couple other people, they said yes, but I need to double check.

i5-2500 CPU

Asus P8P67 LE Motherboard

8GB Kingston DDR3 1333 RAM

Seagate 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

Gigabyte GTX560 Ti 1GB PCI-E Video Card

Asus DVD-RW SATA Drive

Antec Three Hundred Computer Case

Coolermaster Extreme Power Plus 700W ATX Power Supply

A:What's my monitor limit?

The typical 23/24" monitor will have a resolution of 1920x1080. You can drive that resolution without any issue.

The parts look fine. For other ideas, take a look here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...evised-2011-and-updated-regularly-448272.html

I'm not familiar with the quality of Coolermaster power supplies. Personally I'd go Corsair or Seasonic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-my-monitor-limit.1026190/
Relevancy 33.97%

My brother recently moved back into the house and whenever he watches videos through a streaming site, my gaming ping goes up to 400-1000 ping from regularly 60-80ping... is there a way to limit his use of bandwidth through anything or my router? I use smcd3gn router.

My brother uses a wireless laptop and i use eternet connection for desktop..

A:Limit Bandwidth

It depends on his OS and the version of it. Windows Pro versions you can change he bandwidth limit in Gpedit.msc the default is 20% which is little. QoS Bandwidth Reserve Limit - Vista Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/limit-bandwidth-639525.html
Relevancy 33.97%

What are the memory size limits in 32bit xp. I am getting 4mb 2x2gb sticks and I wonder if it is a waste of time.

A:xp memory limit

Hi,

Windows XP 32-bit can't use more than approx. 3.12 GB RAM (including video RAM). Installing more than 3 GB RAM with XP is, IMHO, a waste of money.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-memory-limit-176907.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Only a quick one. Is there any way to allow IE to run more than 2 downloads at once?

I work in an office with a good ADSL connectoin and a LOT of software that is constantly updated, but it's getting irritating only being able to run 2 downloads at a time when my connection is strong enough to support at least double that (I'm aware it will affect the speeds, but I've done the math and it'd be quicker if I can get up to 4 going at once)

Any way through?

A:Download Limit

Hi theduck, I have a registry edit at my site that will increase the number of downloads allowed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/download-limit-10970.html
Relevancy 33.97%

i'm shopping around for external USB hard drive enclosures and was wondering if their listed size limit is actually something i have to worry about? for example if the enclosure says its limit is a 400 GB hard drive, am I really unable to put a 500 GB or 1 TB hard drive in it?

Relevancy 33.97%

I hope that this is the right section for this =P
I am wondering if I can set limits on a folder and how much space it can take up on my system. I would like to keep a folder from going over 7GB. Is there any program that I can do this with to customize the folder that way? ( or something else ? ) I have heard of 'quotas' but im not so sure on windows 7. I would like to prevent the folder from adding ANY more files to it.
Any Ideas?
Thankyou!!! ^^

A:Folder Limit

Quote: Originally Posted by redblade8

I hope that this is the right section for this =P
I am wondering if I can set limits on a folder and how much space it can take up on my system. I would like to keep a folder from going over 7GB. Is there any program that I can do this with to customize the folder that way? ( or something else ? ) I have heard of 'quotas' but im not so sure on windows 7. I would like to prevent the folder from adding ANY more files to it.
Any Ideas?
Thankyou!!! ^^

You can prevent a folder from being written to, and that will prevent it from growing. I dont know of any direct way to say when it gets to 7 gigs stop.

Sorry

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/91317-folder-limit.html
Relevancy 33.97%

what is the windows 7 hdd size limit?

A:windows 7 hdd limit

I don't remember what the limit for the NTFS file system is but it is higher than any drive currently available. The real question is not what Windows 7 supports but what your hardware supports.

32 bit Windows 7 has a maximum drive size of 2 TB. This is imposed by the drive partition standards. 64 bit Windows supports a different partition system that raises this to something well beyond anything currently available. But your hardware may limit these sizes to a lower value.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-hdd-limit-555643.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm wondering what the HD Space limit is on the 32 Bit OS's and the 64 Bit OS's.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-space-limit.586408/
Relevancy 33.97%

Is there anyway to limit the bandwidth for the users of the network? This is to prevent people from using up the bandwidth. I have a Linksys WRT54G version 7 router

Relevancy 33.97%

Let s start off will a short little story about my life At the beginning of December last year my laptop HP pavilion Touchsmart quot sleekbook decided to go to First indications pointed to the hard drive and when I called HP they said I needed to buy their replacement to rectify my problems Being fairly tech savvy and having a curiosity of how things work I decided to figure out a different solution I found out that it was a problem with the boot files in windows I used a rescue iso from linux and saved some important stuff but I made a few mistakes and lost most Bypassing limit RAM the everything else I got a clean version of windows enterprise and restored my PC Everything was going fine I was slowly building Bypassing the RAM limit back to the previous functionality I had gotten to over a year Then on Christmas my hard drive crashed and the computer couldn t even boot The drive was unrecognizable I bought a replacement upgrade and I decided I wanted to get the most out of my rebuild so I ordered some more RAM I was running on GB from the manufacturer there was a GB and GB in my motherboard I didn t think there would be a limit to how much RAM I could use with windows x bit so I bought an GB module thinking I could double my RAM and run SolidEdge more smoothly and who knows what else Unfortunately I have recently learned that I am limited to GB of RAM with this specific chipset processor is AMD A - m APU My knowledge is fairly limited compared to those that do this stuff professionally or are avid hobbyists I would like to think that there is a way to get my system to use all of the memory I have provided it I have been reading into it and I am still unsure as to why the chipset is limited to only having access to a certain amount of RAM If it s x or x architecture there is no reason it shouldn t be able to access the upper limit of GB of RAM If a x bit architecture utilizing PAE can technically use GB what limits a literal x bit build to such a low cap My computer can quot knows quot how much is there Windows only shows me GB is available when both sticks are mounted When I have just either the GB or GB inserted it only shows GB although I remember seeing exactly GB at one point I can t get it to duplicate When I have the stock what came installed this PC was refurbished before I took ownership RAM installed it shows GB but I didn t take a screenshot of that In any case you can see on the first image that the computer sees all of the GB but for some stupid reason it only has access to GB and I am not going to give up without a fight YOU WILL USE WHAT I GIVE YOU AND YOU WILL LIKE IT I feel like there is a powerful computer somewhere on my lap but it is just hiding within this thin black plastic case IDK maybe I m completely wrong Someone please help nbsp

A:Bypassing the RAM limit

If your motherboard is limited to 4GB per memory slot there is not much you can do.

What does the system report with only the 8GB stick in the machine? Does it read 4GB, the full 8GB, or does it not boot at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bypassing-the-ram-limit.207909/