Windows Support Forum

my computer... automatic on after switching on the AVR

Q: my computer... automatic on after switching on the AVR

i just using my computer early, suddenly the AVR was blown up., i replaced the new AVR, but after plug-in, my computer doesn't power on..so i replaced the PSU, with new one..after setting up, my computer automatic ON after switchin ON the AVR..the CPU Fan spining, no beeps, no display...

i tried running my MB out of its casing, only with processor..same problem
automatic ON after switching ON of AVR..

what seems to be the problem..any idea to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-automatic-on-after-switching-on-the-avr.73660/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: my computer... automatic on after switching on the AVR

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys Im using a program that i click a button and it starts a process that takes about seconds When it is complete it brings the window it is in to the top of all of the other windows i am using and interupts me For example i would start the process and then start typing in Word all of a sudden the finished program will jump up to the top and i will end up finishing my sentance in that window This is very annoying and i really need some help I know other people who use the software and this doesnt happen to them all that happens is that the task on the switching automatic windows between task bar will flash The software doesnt have the option to change this problem unlike in msn messenger automatic switching between windows when you can turn the feature off Does anyone know of an XP setting that will fix my annoying problem thanks in advance Jon PS the bit of software is not important and is nolonger sold supported nbsp

A:automatic switching between windows

If you have TweakUI installed there is a setting in their to keep applications from stealing focus. Otherwise just make the registry setting.
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#focus

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-switching-between-windows.552950/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys Im using a program that i click a button and it starts a process that takes about seconds When it is complete it brings the window it is in to the top of all of the other windows i am using and between automatic switching windows interupts me For example i would start the process and then start typing in Word all of a sudden the finished program will jump up to the top and i will end up finishing my sentance in that window This is automatic switching between windows very annoying and i really need some help I know other people who use the software and this doesnt happen to them all that happens is that the automatic switching between windows task on the task bar will flash The software doesnt have the option to change this problem unlike in msn messenger when you can turn the feature off Does anyone know of an XP setting that will fix my annoying problem thanks automatic switching between windows in advance Jon PS the bit of software is not important and is nolonger sold supported nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-switching-between-windows.552949/
Relevancy 57.19%

Twice in the past 3 months or so my ISP's DNS server has went down. When this happens I set my DNS manually using IP's from a couple of open DNS servers. As the DNS outage only lasts a couple of days I like to change it back to automatic and use their DNS server as it's faster. My question is everytime I switch it back to manual DNS I have to retype the IP numbers in, and is there a way to keep them set, but not use them unless the automatic DNS isn't working? Better yet would be an option where the automatic is primary and an open DNS is secondary, allowing me to be even more lazy and not have to change the DNS manually.
Thanks

A:switching between automatic and manual dns in windows xp

You can add the numbers below your ISp's. Go to your network connection Select Properties | Internet protocol (TCP/IP) Click Advanced | DNS tab. Add the numbers and use the arrows to order them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-between-automatic-and-manual-dns-in-windows-xp.26176/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

Is there any way to automate Fast User Switching on Windows XP?

Say, there are 2 users, user1 and user2. How can I automate the switching procedure to user2?

Thanks,
Haku

A:Automatic Fast User Switching

I'm not quite sure what you mean here... do you want to create a shortcut that will automatically switch over to user2 when you click it or what?

Although I have it disabled, I was under the impression that fast user switching was already pretty automated; just 2 or 3 clicks right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-fast-user-switching.385265/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi. I have my netbook connected to router. But sometimes i need to connect it by ethernet port to copy some big files quickly. In this case i had to turn my wi-fi connection off by hand. Can i tune my windows 7 so this swithing from wi-fi to ethernet port goes automatically. And switch back to wi-fi after disconnect cable?

A:automatic switching from wi-fi interface to ethernet

Hi and welcome to TSF this may be of some use Auto Enable/Disable Wireless Network Connection In Windows 7, Vista, XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/automatic-switching-from-wi-fi-interface-to-ethernet-614260.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Every time I use Firefox version 3.5.3 here as of late I will eventually be unable to connect to the internet. In order to do so, I have to go into Firefox "Tools" and change the "Manual Proxy" radio button to the "No Proxy" radio button to get Firefox to connect once again by clicking on the "refresh" icon. Sometime later during the same browser session, this will happen again.....and again off and on. It is becoming very annoying.

What could be causing my Firefox Proxy to automatically change from No Proxy to Manual Proxy without input from me? How do I remedy this issue?

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265400/firefox-browser-automatic-proxy-switching/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an OptiPlex 755 running Win 10 Professional.  I have a speaker plugged into the rear sound port which works OK.  However when I plug my headset into the front port(s) the sound doesn't switch to them.  Instead I have to manually open the sound icon, select "Playback Device" and switch make the headset the default sound device.  Then when I'm through using the headset I have to manually reverse that process. Most of my Dell computers - some older than this one and running Win 10 Pro - automatically switch to the headset when it's plugged in and back to the speaker when the headset is unplugged. Is there some other setting somewhere in the innards of the OS to make that happen, or am I missing something.  I'd be grateful for any help.

A:OptiPlex 755, Windows 10, No automatic headset switching

The Optiplex 755 was only validated with XP/Vista. So where did you find a Windows 10 Analog Devices ADI 198x driver?
I am using the Optiplex 9020, Windows 7, with the Realtek onboard audio. I have the option for "Enable auto popup dialog" checked =

Which brings this up when I plug in headphones =

On your system, right mouse click the Dell Audio icon on the taskbar, click Sound Manager, click Advanced. What do you see?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19668923
Relevancy 56.33%

I've set my laptop to operate under tablet mode at start up. When I'm in one program, say Edge and then I start a new program through it (i.e. downloaded a new program from a weblink and then clicked on the run option) my laptop doesn't automatically switch to the newly running program. It just keeps me in edge until I manually go to the new program.
Is there a way to change that so my laptop automatically switches to the newly run program/app?

A:automatic switching to newly opened program

Sounds like an issue with tablet mode as I'd expect it to switch. I suggest you use Feedback Hub app to report it as an issue.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434184-automatic-switching-newly-opened-program.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi. I have my netbook connected to router. But sometimes i need to connect it by ethernet port to copy some big files quickly. In this case i had to turn my wi-fi connection off by hand. Can i tune my windows 7 so this swithing from wi-fi to ethernet port goes automatically. And switch back to wi-fi after disconnect cable?

A:automatic switching from wi-fi interface to ethernet needed

You may need something like this --> Wireless Protector: Auto disable WiFi when connected to lan

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198895-automatic-switching-wi-fi-interface-ethernet-needed.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys First of all I Off, and and Running Slow, off AVG Itself Really Switching on Firewall Switching Windows On itself Computer would like to thank you in advance for your help and assistance I have both DDS reports but for some reason everytime I run the RootRepeal programme it never finishes I let it run for hours last night and it never got to the end Anyhow here are the DDS reports DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by david at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off D D BF Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings david Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe c windows system sdra exe BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No File TB BED - B- BC- E-C C DD F - No File TB D D -C B- BD-AE - A BC FA - No File TB CBE -C B- F- BC- CBB E D - No File TB amp Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - TB BB D -A - B -A -C A F EC - No File EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB BED - B- BC- E-C C DD F - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE dRun Power GoExpress quot c program files cyberlink power go Power GoExpress exe quot IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C - hxxp messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cab DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E - hxxps support microsoft com OAS ActiveX MSDcode cab DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - - hxxp fpdownload mac... Read more

A:Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off

Hi,My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
/md5stop
CREATERESTOREPOINT
Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279063/computer-running-really-slow-avg-switching-itself-on-and-off-windows-firewall-switching-itself-on-and-off/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a 500MB CPU with 256 MB memory on a Etower machine

Whenever I hover my mouse on an inactive window it automatically switches to that window and I don't always want to switch to the inactive window how do I stop this from happening?
This happens in explorer or internet explorer and all other programs also. It will switch to whatever I hover the mouse over. I cannot figure out how to stop this from happening.
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you
Bpsman

A:Solved: how do I stop automatic switching of inactive to active windows

Sounds like you were tinkering with XP's TweakUI. You need to go to this screen and disable the X-Mouse functionality.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-stop-automatic-switching-of-inactive-to-active-windows.501726/
Relevancy 54.18%

After two days of unsuccesful attempting to install Windows 10 (from Windows 7) the newest Windows OS software installed correctly on my Inspiron N411z with Intel i5 (and upgraded to a SSD HD two years ago). BUT, now it does not switch automatically between audio coming from the build-in speakers to a headphone connected with the headphone socket visa versa. The Original Smartaudio software interfered with Windows 10 and does not offer a new windows 10 safe version. After having read various advices I de-installed and de-activated the Original Smartaudio from my laptop. Default audiodrivers is now the microsoft audio driver. I can switch between speaker-sound and headphone sound "manually" by going to sound settings and setting either speakers or headphone as the standard. But this is annoying. Anybody a solution to get the switching done automatically like before?
Greetings
Gerard

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19987607
Relevancy 48.59%

I was having problems with Windows Update. The dialog box would just sit there and present no status as to how much was downloaded. Download progress would stay at 0%. I turned on automatic updates and I started getting old updates in the list, some of them years old. I'm sure I would have already installed these updates so I hid them from view. Just went to check for updates again and 2 other years old updates appear. I have since set updates back to notify me when available. Why are old updates showing up with recent updates? I never had this issue before. I never used automatic updates, I always did updates after notification only. Now, because I switched on automatic updates and then switched it off again, these old updates are showing up. Any suggestions?

A:Switching to automatic updates presents old updates?

MS doesn't usually offer updates if you have them already. Are you quite certain you have them? If you haven't then it is likely to offer them when you turn Auto Updates back on.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/switching-to-automatic-updates-presents-old-updates/14066.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Changed a CD ROM Drive and changed a hard drive on my desktop.
Switched on and nothing started even the computer
Checked all fuses and plugs from the wall to the computer.
Checked the fuse in the power unit inside the case.
Checked all power cables from front on/off switch plugged into correct slots on motherboard
Nothing
Monitor is showing power to it so power is getting there
Help any ideas for next step to fault find

Just had a thought it could be the on off switch on front off computer, any one know how to test the switch?

Relevancy 43.86%

i have a abit nf7 motherboard this week it has started to turn on and off
within 30 seconds , saying cpu not workable, but if i click on last none system
working settings it atemps to start windows, any ideas

A:computer keeps switching its self on and off

Hallmark sign of a failing or failed PSU. Replace it with an equal or greater wattage.
Also clean out the insides while grounding yourself. Blow and vacuum the dust.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-switching-its-self-on-and-off.71121/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello i am having a problem with my computer it keeps on switching off. I read the thread about it and i cleaned out the fan. It was clogged full of dust. In my bios, when i go to power, the the voltage meter 3.3V is at 4.08 and red. It has not changed since i cleaned it. When it first occurred it went back to normal level after i left it off for awhile. Have i got permanent damage and if so to what component would it be the power supply or the chip processor.

Relevancy 43.86%

Is there a way to remove xp from one computer and install it onto another computer?

Relevancy 43.86%

I replaced my keyboard a few days ago because it was not turning on (recieving power). I had opened the computer earlier before the replacement because I suspected a faulty keyboard port socket, but I did not do anything to it, after seeing that it 'looked okay'. I actually worked on the computer afterwards just using the mouse without any problem, although I had picked up non attached jumper in the box. Iam not sure whether this has come off somewhere and is the cause, but a day later when I turned on the computer it just switch off without any warning or even an error message. This is going on up to now. My computer has a Celeron 2.45Gh CPU on a Maxtor motherboard, with a Phoenix Award Bios. Please help!

Relevancy 43.86%

guys i need your help. I have an Hp running win 7 and as soon as it switches on it powers off . Am suspecting its the CPU as am told. How do i tell for sure if its the CPU? what tests can i carry out? please help. thanks guys you always come to my rescue

A:computer switching off on its on

Hello wakinews,

In my experience it's most likely the PSU.
Also check the CPU FAN to make sure it is working.
A CPU rarely dies unless it has overheated a lot, or it's over volted.

Make sure the PC is clean from dust build up - fans, heat-sinks, vents, etc.

If you have a lot of devices attached, you could try removing them and see if it helps.
If the PSU is dying that might lower the power draw enough to boot up...

The best way to test is to try known working components.
i.e. borrow a good PSU and test your PC with that, or test your PSU in another working PC.
That's not always easy, possible, or practical...
If you know a reliable repair shop you could see how much they would charge for testing to determine the cause.
They should have equipment/parts that they can test with.

Personally, i would buy a new PSU and try it.
Even if that is not the problem in this case, it never hurts to have a spare back-up PSU on hand.

You do use a good surge protector or UPS, right?

hope this helps,
David

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237277-computer-switching-off-its.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All A problem has occurred with my PC and I m hoping someone can advise Of late working both on and off line my PC has started to just switch itself off as Itself Just Computer Off. Switching if the electricity supply or socket switch is turned off There is no warning Sometimes just rebooting it can be annoying as it switches off seconds into the reboot Then again the PC may run for a couple of days without a hitch I have noticed that it tends to switch itself off when an anti virus scan runs I m downloading something playing music or video Even looking at Google Earth can be a problem - moving the mouse and the screen freezes for a second or two then catches up or jumps to where the mouse should have Computer Just Switching Itself Off. moved the screen image It frequently turns off when this happens It is as though anything involving the computer to work harder than just reading a web page or emails prompts it to shut down Any ideas on what the problem might be I m assuming that the electricity supply is operating normally The problem started when I moved address Only at my current home did the problem emerge Thanks ScottX

A:Computer Just Switching Itself Off.

System make/model...and manufacturer?

How much RAM installed?

How many partitions? Size of each? Free space on each?

Have you checked to ensure that all fans are working properly? (Open case and take a look).

This is a desktop?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157473/computer-just-switching-itself-off/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have an Acer Aspire M Intel Celeron Mb DDR Gb Sata HD running Vista Home Basic When I start up I get a box opening quot Windows host process Rundll has Off Keeps Computer Switching stopped working After about minutes it switches off and starts up again I have also had the Blue screen with Stop X B followed by four sets of Computer Keeps Switching Off numbers in brackets It starts up fine in safe mode and stays Computer Keeps Switching Off on Computer Keeps Switching Off I have tried the system restore but it constantly fails I haven't added any new hardware or software I have tried another HD but when I tried to load the OS in I got the Stop X B again Replaced the RAM and still nothing Ran it with the Optical drive disconnected and nothing I thought I would try to use the Acer Backup disk only to find it was faulty I then tried to boot onto a XP OS Disk thinking that I could format and simply install XP but again I got the Stop X B Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks Katie

A:Computer Keeps Switching Off

Good Morning, Katie -

Sorry to hear of your system trouble.

A bugcheck 0x7b = INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Windows has lost access to the system partition during startup.

Do you have a recovery partition on your system? You need a Vista DVD or the recovery partition to get back into Vista. Then follow kb 919529 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919529

If you do plan to revert to XP - kb 555582 should help -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919529

Either way and with the drive you select, you may need to wipe it clean - killdisk -
http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

If staying w/ Vista you will need to upgrade your RAM. 512 MB is not enough for Vista. Minimum is 1 GB, I always go with 2 GB minimum on x86 systems. There is nothing I can tell you about rundll32.exe - it is the Windows Generic Host Proc - it "hosts" other apps and there may have been multiple instances of rundll32 running at the time of the crash.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-keeps-switching-off-341558.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My computer keeps switching off and freezing. Don't know why this could be happening. Sometimes following it switching off, it takes about 3 attempts to restart. We have XP running on our PC. What should I do?

A:My Computer Keeps Switching Off! ?

Hello Scotslass,There could be any number of reasons that are causing this problem. To narrow down the culprits, could you answer some questions.How old is the computer?Do you know what hardware is in the computer?Is your computer completely up to date via windows update?What security products are you using on the system?Has this problem ever happened before?Could you open control panel=>administrative tools=>event viewer and look in the system, security and application sections for errors and warnings?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155434/my-computer-keeps-switching-off/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I am using a Dell 15R Inspiron laptop, which gets switched off sometimes. Please note it is not shutting down but the power suddenly goes off. When I reboot, it starts Ok again.

I have faced this at least thrice in last one month.

Please help me get over this or else I am afraid I may face HDD failure later on.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I have a computer which is switching itself off.

Sometimes it will run for a while and then do it, other times it will go from a cold boot to switched off in less than a minute.

I have previously determined that a stick of RAM was faulty, so I removed that and I have also cleaned all dust from the machine and re-applied thermal paste.

This is a clean install of Windows XP.

Could this be a PSU issue and if so how would I determine that? I don't really want to buy a new PSU only to find the issue continues.

Thanks a lot,

Al

A:Computer Switching Off

Do you get any error messages at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-switching-off-695225.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have recently bought a new computer with Windows XP as the O/S. I am a novice at this sort of thing. I foolishly went on the web before I had installed ZoneAlarm and there seems to be a virus or gremlin of some kind in my computer, although AVG nor Norton Utilities can find it. When I accessed the net it would go immediately to a site called "Outwar". I've managed to stop this by shutting down the System Restore feature.

Also ZoneAlarm tells me that the programs winscv.exe and messenger keep trying to access the net. As if that isn't enough the computer turns on by itself unless I shut down the power bar. Help! I don't even know where to begin.

A:Computer switching itself on

in the bios you probably have something enabled like
wake on ring
wake on lan ect
disable it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-switching-itself-on.232383/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey all,

I have been having this problem for a while now but i think if don't resolve it my computer will end up not working at all.

What happens is if i switch the computer on it comes on fine everything seems fine etc but if i leave it on unattended even just for 5 mins it switches itself off.When i try and switch it on again it initally doesnt work i have to actually switch the power off at the plug on and off again to get it working again.

My computer is a Acer Aspire X3200.

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

A:computer keeps switching itself off

Hi check what power settings you have set up http://www.aces.edu/ctu/techref/netw...erSettings.pdf
Windows Stand By and Hibernate | Windows XP Power Schemes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-keeps-switching-itself-off-614770.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hiya Everyone,
I turned on my computer about a few weeks ago,Windows XP SP2 started up fine and then the whole thing just turned off,It never shut down just an immediate switch off,I tried taking out the memory,graphics card to see if it was a faulty part but nothing worked,I bought a new graphics card with no success,It just keeps doing the same thing,It goes on stays on,It can stay on from 2 seconds to 10 minutes it sometime just switches off but it can last longer sometimes,Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong,Its just a new computer built by someone,It is 2.93GHZ Celeron,200GB Harddrive,512Ram,256MB Graphics,DVDRW Windows XP SP2,Your help would be much appreciated as it was an expensive pc and now its just sitting there,Thanks for any help that is received,​

A:Computer Keeps Switching Off

I turned on my computer about a few weeks ago,Windows XP SP2 started up fine and then the whole thing just turned off,It never shut down just an immediate switch off,I tried taking out the memory,graphics card to see if it was a faulty part but nothing worked,I bought a new graphics card with no success,It just keeps doing the same thing,It goes on stays on,It can stay on from 2 seconds to 10 minutes it sometime just switches off but it can last longer sometimes,Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong,Its just a new computer built by someone,It is 2.93GHZ Celeron,200GB Harddrive,512Ram,256MB Graphics,DVDRW Windows XP SP2,Your help would be much appreciated as it was an expensive pc and now its just sitting there,Thanks for any help that is received,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-switching-off.661125/
Relevancy 43.86%

Before I get too involved with what I'm about to do, please tell me if I can simply take my HDD out of one computer and put it in another, and still have it work. I'm using XP, btw. I have a feeling the XP security stuff will prevent me from doing it, but I'm hoping there's a workaround.
(I just don't feel like doing all that backing up and reinstalling process, and ghosting is not an option right now.)

Thanks!

Relevancy 43.86%

Well first of all hello.... i'm new here so bare with me if im not giving enough information.
I jus bought a laptop thats has window vista and right now i dont have a router but untill i get one im trying to put the usb cable that connects to the modem onto my old computer wich runs on a windows ME and the internet wont work can anyone help me?

A:Help on computer switching

If you want to use the USB cable then you're going to need the installation CD that came with the modem to install the software. If I were you I'd skip the USB cable and just use a Cat-5 cable to connect the Ethernet port on the modem to your network card on the computer. Make sure your network card is 'setup to receive IP addresses automatically'. Your computer should receive an IP address from the modem and hopefully the internet is working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-computer-switching.560377/
Relevancy 43.43%

Please please help I have a Dell Inspiron It s a wonderful computer that i rely on with my life Here s the problem Help!! Off! Screen Computer Switching I turn the computer on and within about seconds the moniter screen Help!! Computer Screen Switching Off! goes black The computer is still on and there s nothing else apparently wrong except that the screen is black If i close the screen and let it go on standby and then re-open it the screen will come back up but again for only seconds I have put Help!! Computer Screen Switching Off! the computer in safemode but even in safe-mode the computer still turns off the moniter It appears that the problem would then only be with the moniter but i cant really figure it out since last night i just did what i do every night- closed it let it go on standby and put it on the floor Here s what i m thinking could be possible problems A few days ago the computer had an overheated message but after I d left it alone for minutes i put it back on and it was fine So that could now be manifesting itself as a larger problem now I live in the UK but am from the US and so my computer is always in an adapter I ve been here almost years but maybe now it s just powering out I did just download Bittorrent lsat week im sorry i know it says no mention of these things but it may be relevant and its not a question actually about that so there could be some kind of virus But then again I have avast spybot and adaware so i m pretty up on all of that stuff And i ve never used kazaa or anything like that The last few times i turned off the computer before this problem it was having a pop up about something called shellcon which i looked up and is apparently linked to musicmatch I also am obsessed with photoshop and skype and use them constantly so it could be related to either of these perhaps Thats as much info as i can think of I would post a hijack list but it would be difficult as i have to keep re-doing it every seconds but if that would be helpful i can try to muster it Please please someone help I am lost without my computer and really need some advice Thank yoU nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I'm not sure switching keeps off randomly Computer if this is the right section and I apologise in advance if it isn't My computer has been running more or less faultlessly for the past years but about an hour ago it randomly switched off This couldn't have been to do with a Computer keeps randomly switching off cut in power supply because the various other peripherals connected to the same source remained untouched The operating system itself didn't shut down the whole system just completely switched off immediately There was no error message prior to switching off nor was there anything upon restarting it I hoped this was just a one time thing but the exact same thing happened minutes later Some quick Computer keeps randomly switching off searches for this issue mainly leads to articles blaming it on overheating but I doubt this very much as all fans are in operation and are not clogged Computer keeps randomly switching off up with dust I was not doing anything demanding around the time when it switched off but yesterday when I was playing graphically intensive games nothing happened at all Does anyone have any idea what's wrong My PC is relatively old and I am buying a new one in a month but I don't want to give up on it yet None of my components are overclocked and I'm running Windows Vista Thanks

A:Computer keeps randomly switching off

Please post your full computer specifications inlcuding make and model of power supply.

If your system is oem i.e one you have bought from a shop such as a dell, hp or compaq please post the model number.

Posting your specs can help us to help you better.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-keeps-randomly-switching-off-615370.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Running Windows XP SP2. Have not been on my computer for a while and my son was complaining of it running slow so have updated all my security ewido, adware etc. I am finding it difficult to upgrade (renew) my Norton anti virus I can get onto the symtec web site but every time I get to check out to buy the down loadable upgrade it tells me there is nothing in my basket!!! I have disabled cookies in explorer and disable the security progs but to no avail.

My real problem has come after updating my security progs though and finding I was again infected second time I've asked for help. Now each time I try to run any of the security progs the computer itself will switch off the only way I can get it back is by switching off at the mains!

Thanks in advance

A:Windows XP sp2! Computer switching off!

When the service pack 2 first came out I installed it, but it gave me nothing but problems. I thought I had a virus that I couldn't find. Finally a service tech from Juvio took a look at my system and told me it was the sp2. I called Microsoft and they agreed with the service tech. I was told by the service tech to uninstall it as I had plenty of backup and didn't really need it. So I uninstalled it and haven't had a major problem since.

I like to hear if anyone else ran into the same problem.

Aloha,

Konagirl

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/32284/windows-xp-sp2-computer-switching-off/
Relevancy 43.43%

I feel at my wits end with this quot bleeping computer quot There s so many strange things going on I m beginning to wonder if there s not a ghost in my PC LOL My biggest problem I ll try my best to describe it I have Windows XP Professional for starters Sometimes my taskbar and the buttons on my windows look like they quot revert quot back to the old Window s format flat square buttons from like anywhere to seconds to a minute and then back again After it s done this my modem doesn t work won t disconnect from the internet but at the same time won t do anything at all on the net I still have dial-up by the way I ve run all my spyware e g SpySweeper Surely Computer Not... Os? "switching" Between Ad-Aware Computer "switching" Between Os? Surely Not... Spybot Search amp Destroy and even Yahoo Anti-Spy SpySweeper keeps finding Virtumonde sp and it says it quarantined it but with each run it finds it again So I thought I ll reboot in Safe Mode and run it again and see if that will help remove the problem Now my second problem When I try to reboot in Safe Mode I get a screen where I have the option of logging in under the Admin account or my main account that I use The problem is this When I try to click to enter under the Admin account it asks for a password I don t remember ever having been asked for a password in the past when I ve booted into Safe Mode I m stuck on what the password could be And when I try to log in under my main account in Safe Mode I get nothing but a black screen with quot Safe Mode quot in the four corners of the screen and that s all My computer is also slow It takes some applications like windows folders and Firefox application WinAmp Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger forever to load Each time I boot up I hit ctrl alt delete and bring up the task manager and I see the processes qmedia exe urdvxc exe and irdvxc exe Also several svchost exe and spoolsv exe I usually close the qmedia urdvxc exe and irdvxc exe because after a google search I learned they were bad I leave the svchost exe and the spoolsv exe because I learned through google search that I need those but some can be disguised as alware spyware Can anyone PLEASE help I m at my wits end and I feel like I ve become obsessed with running scans on my computer to find the problem Just tell me what to do and I will do it Here s some information about my computer and if you need more I ll do my best to answer I have a Dell a rather old one at that so old I only have gigs of harddrive but I make do I m running Windows XP Professional I don t have the installation disk anymore I don t think I haven t been able to find it after an ex stole CD s from me and the spyware programs I have are Spy Sweeper Spybot S amp D and Ad-Aware and to my knowledge they re all up-to-date I also have SpyBlaster working in the background I m working on getting AVG Anti-Virus but with dial-up and one phoneline and it being plus MB - ontop of the switching problem and not being able to use my net at times for long periods of time it s hard for me to get Any help would be more than appreciated I may even give cookies away virtual chocolate chip they re great I promise And I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong area

A:Computer "switching" Between Os? Surely Not...

As far as the password goes, try " admin" I think I would try the Malware/ Hijack forum for starters
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96551/computer-switching-between-os-surely-not/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi
i'm new to computing but i've been ok until a couple of weeks ago.
The computer keep shutting down then coming back on and scanning
it happens loads of times but yesterday i kept getting a message saying corrupt file and unreadable
WINDOWS\QTFONT.qfn was one the others are \window recebay.rec
C:\windows\system32\Catroot\tmp.edb..
Then it tells me to run the chkdsk utility

i'm on windows xp i have ad aware running and spy bot
i am a complete novice any advice please

Relevancy 43.43%

This evening I added a new programme to my wife's computer.  I had to turn off then turn back on and it is asking for my Microsoft Key numbers.  The problem is I do not have them.  The computer was set up in a local shop who are no longer operational.  It is an older type programme ie XP.  The computer is totally legal and has always worked completely ok, but there does not seem to be any way of getting in to the system without the Microsoft prompt that keeps coming up.Can anyone please help to suggest how I can get round this.  My wife is making my life *censored* and as quickly as possible please before she kills meKind RegardsIan

A:Switching computer back on

I'd suggest you contact Microsoft directly. Alternatively, if you have backup images you can restore to a prior date.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,146439.0.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently purchased a nVidia GeForce GTX for my HP Pavilion a Switching Computer Cases x PC and I m left feeling less than satisfied Switching Computer Cases My current case and layout is not ideal for such a large card and the GPU temperature at idle has been around C not what I would like it to be So after doing a bit of searching I ve come across the idea of installing a new case with more space and fans to keep the card and other hardware cool The case I m looking at happens to be the Antec fits my budget http www antec com us productDetails php ProdID Take a look Switching Computer Cases at the case if you want I d love to hear your opinions But my real question is how difficult is it for a beginner-intermediate user like me to remove all the hardware from my current case and install it in a new one I ve done some work with the hardware in the past Installed a new PSU multiple graphic cards network cards optical drives etc but I ve never done anything with the motherboard Would you recommend this choice to someone like me By the looks of it I should be able to handle the job but that s just from watching videos Do any of you have tips or recommendations I could use to help me with this task Any help is greatly appreciated and my thanks in advance to anyone willing to help nbsp

Relevancy 43%

acer aspire z5610 i have my computer is on for maybe hour or so then i hear the beep then stop then beep comes back looping sound continues then computer freezes then automatically shutdown restart it self i took it back to acer giving them say problem they did the test but they said they quote it fine but still having it

i dont know why i had this machine for a yr now it started to act up i sent my computer to be repair at acer they repair it problem is the thing still there
Can anyone help me

A:computer looping sound automatic restart computer

Hello,

Please run: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Also run these hardware diagnostics:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

All three Prime95 tests: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html

If you get any BSODs, provide us with: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/160023-computer-looping-sound-automatic-restart-computer.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello all,

I've recently acquired the use of another computer at my job, and I'm in the process of swapping all of my files and data from my old computer to the new model. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to deactivate my e-mail account on the old computer and have all my e-mails be received on the new computer. On the old computer I went to Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings under Edit in my Netscape Mail (Try not to laugh) and cleared the account settings page. Next, I opened up Outlook on the new computer, went to E-Mail Accounts under Tools, and then switched the primary e-mail address from that of my former boss (it's her computer that I received) to my own. Trouble is, when I had a co-worker send me a few test e-mails, they would only be received on the old computer, not the new one.

A:Switching E-mail Address To Another Computer

unless I have got the wrong end of the stick (?) I think you are still needing to program Outlook on the new computer with the e mail addresses you wish to receive e mail?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124916/switching-e-mail-address-to-another-computer/
Relevancy 43%

Whenever I switch to my brother s user it always freezes and pretty much lags It started happening about days ago Here s the lately, My especially when really switching has users. been laggy computer HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v My computer has been really laggy lately, especially when switching users. Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C My computer has been really laggy lately, especially when switching users. WINDOWS System smss exe C My computer has been really laggy lately, especially when switching users. WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system oodag exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe c WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imonnt exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imontray exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender seccenter exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files GetRight GetRight exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Click-to-Call BHO - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - C Program Files Windows Live Messenger wlchtc dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar BitDefender Toolbar - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run IMONTRAY C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imontray exe O - HKLM Run SonicFocus quot C Program Files Sonic Focus SFIGUI SFIGUI EXE quot BOOT O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run farstone NULL O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKLM Run BitDefender Antiphishing Helper quot C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEShow exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe User Fahd O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background User Fahd O - HKUS S- -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-has-been-really-laggy-lately-especially-when-switching-users.755989/
Relevancy 43%

Been pulling my hair out with this computer for my Mother I am usually pretty good at fixing viruses etc on computers but not this time The computer keeps - INFECTION OFF COMPUTER UNKNOWN SWITCHING switching itself off overnight when all UNKNOWN INFECTION - COMPUTER SWITCHING OFF the virus spyware scans happen I have installed and run many programs incl Spyware Terminator Super Anti-Spyware Spybot Lavasoft Malwarebytes AVG Computer kept switching off when Super Anti-Spyware got to the quot Windows System dumprep quot file I disabled this from the startup and Super managed to continue scanning but then must have found something else it didn't like and switched off UNKNOWN INFECTION - COMPUTER SWITCHING OFF again All the other programs have found little issues and all were cleaned but I am still having these problems AVG will pop up everynow and then saying that it has found a virus trojan and will clean it but will not find anything else with an in depth scan UPDATED File Name C WINDOWS system drivers NDIS sys AVG keeps popping up with Trojan horse Rootkit-Agent DI either it cannot remove the file or doesn't even give you the option to do so UPDATE Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool has found this file to be infected with quot Win Cutwail F quot It says that it has partially removed it but looks like nothing has changed If I do a quot scan file quot with AVG it still doesn't recognise it as a virus Root repeal still sees it as a size mismatch so I am assuming it is still infected Running Microsoft Online One Care will update below logs after this has completed Here are the DDS and RootRepeal logs thank you in advance for any help with this DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Anne at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWSsystem svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWSSystem svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program FilesLavasoftAd-AwareAAWService exe C WINDOWSsystem spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Filesa-squared Freea service exe C Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportbinAppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVGAVG avgwdsvc exe C Program FilesDiskeeper CorporationDiskeeperDkService exe C Program FilesJavajre binjqs exe C PROGRA AVGAVG avgrsx exe C Program FilesLogMeInx RaMaint exe C PROGRA AVGAVG avgnsx exe C Program FilesLogMeInx LogMeIn exe C Program FilesLogMeInx LMIGuardian exe C Program FilesNetLimiter Pronlsvc exe C WINDOWSsystem nvsvc exe C Program FilesSpyware Terminatorsp rsser exe C WINDOWSSystem svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program FilesTomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C PROGRA AVGAVG avgemc exe C Program FilesAVGAVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWSExplorer EXE C Program FilesNetLimiter ProNLClient exe C WINDOWSRTHDCPL EXE C Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice GrooveMonitor exe C Program FilesLogMeInx LogMeInSystray exe C Program FilesMicrosoft IntelliType Proitype exe C Program FilesMicrosoft IntelliPointipoint exe C Program FilesLogMeInx LMIGuardian exe C PROGRA AVGAVG avgtray exe C Program FilesJavajre binjusched exe C Program FilesSpyware TerminatorSpywareTerminatorUpdate exe C Program FilesLavasoftAd-AwareAAWTray exe C Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore exe C Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore exe C Documents and SettingsAnneDesktopdds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mSearch Page hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program filesavgavg toolbarIEToolbar dll mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program filesavgavg toolbarIEToolbar dll TB Easy-WebPrint c -e d- c -aa d- ac baba c - c program filescanoneasy-webprintToolband dll TB AV... Read more

A:UNKNOWN INFECTION - COMPUTER SWITCHING OFF

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256278/unknown-infection-computer-switching-off/
Relevancy 43%

I'm looking to switch my computer case to one that will quiet down the sound of my computer, an Antec case probably. What do I need to take into account? Does it have to be the same size as the old one? Do I need to make sure the motherboard is able to fit correctly? What do I need to know? Or is it a pretty easy thing to do?

Relevancy 43%

I am using a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with an Intel Celeron GHz GB RAM running XP Home Edition version service pack I shut my computer down and when it came back up it had switched to classic view and won't switch back When I restart it it will come up as the new view but soon switches back on its own Also when it came back up I had lost the icon in the start tray that shows that I am online This is the one when I clicked it I could see what wireless signals were available and choose to connect to one or another I can't find the icon which makes it very difficult to get online I don't have the start up disk and am hoping that I won't have to pay for a new one I have run McAfee anti-virus and found no viruses I don't know much about computers so this is really annoying me Please help if you can Thank you

A:Computer keeps switching to classic view

Right click on the Taskbar and select properties,then look at hidden icons.With luck it will be there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-keeps-switching-to-classic-view-311725.html
Relevancy 43%

This is a reocurring problem where my computer will just randomly turn it self off I think it may either be malware though I have scanned for malware automatic updates causing shutdown or I keep getting a warning bubble saying that I m running low off! - Help computer switching itself urgently needed keeps on virtual memory I am a beginner and naive when it comes to technology This error has occurred before but it has been non-occurant Help urgently needed - computer keeps switching itself off! in the last year since it happned last The computer will just randomly switch itself off no matter what I m doing I dont think its the hardware just a hunch please please help as this is a pain in the really i should get a new PC its an old packard bell model running on windows XP thanks heres a hijackthis scanlog by Help urgently needed - computer keeps switching itself off! the way Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files btbb wcm McciTrayApp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Virtual CD v SDK system vcsplay exe C apps ABoard ABoard exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C apps ABoard AOSD exe C PROGRA BTBROA SMARTB BTHelpNotifier exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Virtual CD v SDK system vcssecs exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrowser exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http uk yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http uk rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http uk search yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http uk search yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c apps Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA Yahoo common yiesrvc dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO ... Read more

A:Help urgently needed - computer keeps switching itself off!

can anyone tell me whats wrong with me computer from the hijackthislog?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-urgently-needed-computer-keeps-switching-itself-off.909319/
Relevancy 43%

hello,

i have a windows 8 laptop with a azerty- keyboard layout, recently i bougt another laptop which has a qwerty-layout. my problem is that i use my microsoft account to log in to the computers and so the keyboard layout keeps switching automatically to the last laptop i used.

is there a way to make sure this doesnt keep happening and that i dont have to switch it manually everytime?

thanks, dylan.

A:keyboard layout switching on other computer

Go to sync settings and deselect language preferences - this is keyboard, display language etc

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57519-keyboard-layout-switching-other-computer.html
Relevancy 43%

Motherboard Asus P GC GC MATX BIOS American Megatrends Inc CPU Intel Pentium Dual CPU E GHz Memory GB PC- Video Card DIAMOND HD PRO PCIE GDDR Sound Card Computer freezes users switching between when Creative SB Audigy Ethernet D-Link DFG- TX adapter Internal HD Computer freezes when switching between users Terabyte SATA Removable HD GIG IDE Windows XP Pro SP With the exception of the removable GIG hard drive sound card and Ethernet card all the hardware is new The computer had been running slow So when I installed my new tb drive I reinstalled XP and all my software from scratch Only data was restored from my system backup The title really says it all I had been having problems with my USB mouse To fix this I have uninstalled the mouse driver and let it reinstall itself at the next boot-up So far so good Time will tell whether this has actually worked However my previous problem with the computer freezing up while switching user still persists The freeze usually happens while switching from a user account to the welcome screen the only other significant thing I can think of is what when I installed XP on my new HD As soon as I went to open Internet Explorer and before anything else was installed or restored I received the customary message that explorer had encountered a problem and had to shut down So I really don t know what to do next Thanks for any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Here s the HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Solved: any why? My itself computer ideas keeps - off switching C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Belkin Bulldog Plus upsd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA MEDIAK MagicKey exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files COM Technology Corporation COM Wireless USB Utility Wlan exe C PROGRA MEDIAK OSD exe C Program Files Solved: My computer keeps switching itself off - any ideas why? Belkin Bulldog Plus MUPS exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run anvshell anvshell exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run MagicKey C PROGRA MEDIAK MagicKey exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run COM C Program Files COM Technology Corporation COM Wireless USB Utility Wlan exe O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup MUPS lnk C Program Files Belkin Bulldog Plus MUPS exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF C - - C E- B -F D B A Driver Detective v Members DD v - http www drivershq com cab prod Driver Detective v Members CAB O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF F D B - C - -A - DB FD D B Driver Detective v Non Member DD v - http www drivershq com cab prod Driver Detective v Non Member CAB O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe O - Service Servicio Auto-Protect de Norton AntiVirus navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service Norton Unerase Protection NProtectService - Symantec Corporat... Read more

A:Solved: My computer keeps switching itself off - any ideas why?

Is it really switching itself off or is it going into sleep or hibernation mode? Check your poewr management settings in Control Panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-computer-keeps-switching-itself-off-any-ideas-why.367144/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I would appreciate any suggestions on how best to do this I purchased Windows no new computer, Switching optical drive a to from the ultimatesteal com and have it installed Switching to a new computer, no optical drive on Switching to a new computer, no optical drive my lenovo x I just bought an x which I want to migrate to Will I be able to use my x if I've installed my Windows on another computer I would like my x to still be useable in case of emergency but I guess it is okay if I can't use it anymore At any rate I am not sure how best to accomplish the move I have redownloaded the installation file for windows not sure Switching to a new computer, no optical drive if it will work since this is a second computer but maybe it would be better to make a system image of some sort I've never done so I have an external hard drive I can use but no optical drive Can I boot from my external hard drive Also the x has a copy of Windows Vista which says it has an invalid activation code I bought it used Will this create a problem with the upgrade Thank you for your help

A:Switching to a new computer, no optical drive

Are you downloading an ISO file? If so, you can write it to USB flash stick to boot and install Win7: Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool[2]=General%20Tips

You can also run Setup file (if you are downloading files or extract ISO to Vista) to overwrite Vista by running a Custom install.

I believe Ultimate Steal (student deal?) is full version, so you needn't worry about qualifying Vista OS. If an Upgrade version, the installer when booted or run will only look for another OS to allow Upgrade version key.

To avoid ever having to reinstall either OS, make a Win7 backup Image stored externally so you can reimage the HD or a replacement in 15 minutes.

You can only install on one machine per license. During activation you will make a robocall that trades numbers to deactivate the old install while activating the new one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/70312-switching-new-computer-no-optical-drive.html
Relevancy 43%

I have setted a static IP to my Router Thompson Speedtouch WL on this computer to be able to portforward my applications and works fine the problem is it doesnt work as soon as i try the router on my other computer the portforwarding stopps working even thou the settings are exactley the same this leave me the quot bright quot conclusion something is wrong with my static IP freak could thath be cause the Issue computer when switching Router IP shall not be identic on both computers when i check in command com ipconfig all the IP Netmask amp Gateway all info are becoming exactley the same when i follow this guide PortForward com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall Lets say the dhcp server generated quot quot it seem will stick to this forever with this router i have no idea why it allways choose the same numbers on any computer is Router Issue when switching computer thath normal i have tested to change to quot quot as end-number on the second computer but still the portforward fails after any ideas what might be wrong here Kloppstock nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all,

I have one question. How can I stop the computer switching on when the mouse is clicked? I swear I found and changed this option once but all of a sudden my computer is switching on again whenever I accidentally click the mouse.

Note: When I say "switching on" I mean from Standby, not when it's been shut down.

Thanks in advance.

A:How to stop computer switching on when mouse is clicked

Hi SomeoneYes,welcome to the forums , in device manager go to "mice and other pointing devices" >properties>power management and make sure " allow device to wake computer" is unchecked

Devices - Allow or Prevent to Wake Up Computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/141458-how-stop-computer-switching-when-mouse-clicked.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have transferred a Hard Drive into another computer and thought I had to re-install Windows (XP Home) - this I did.
In so doing I created another Folder - Windows2 - so as not to overwrite anything. I have a Windows folder as well.
I also still have a Windows98 Folder on this drive.
I cannot access the latest e-mails in the new configuration - or anything else for that matter - and know that I am going to have to reinstall all programs.
How and where do I find those missing e-mails, or can I uninstall this new version and revert to the old one?
This is a serious PANIC!
John - 060922-21:39EDT

Relevancy 42.57%

Bit of an odd one this Since I got my new computer last year it has been intermittently switching to the dvorak keyboard configuration It seems to happen with programs which necessitate a lot of keyboard input especially games and word processing programs Before I knew about the dvorak configuration I thought the only way to fix the error was quit out of the application as that always resets it to the normal configuration But the most recent time it happened when I knew about the little taskbar icon I noticed it had indeed changed to the dvorak Computer Dvorak configuration to switching intermittently configuration and switching it back via the taskbar fixes the problem So it s no longer a major hassle but it is annoying and perplexing Anyone have any ideas Edit I forgot to add that it s happened Computer intermittently switching to Dvorak configuration with two different keyboards so it s not a keyboard problem and it doesn t happen on start-up so it s likely not a program running on start-up which is causing it nbsp

A:Computer intermittently switching to Dvorak configuration

just check in control panel /keyboard that the standard 101/102 Microsoft natural board is highlighted. if there is any other board in the setting delete it. if using a third party k/board /logitech etc... try
up dating the drivers for the device from the manufacturer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-intermittently-switching-to-dvorak-configuration.731198/
Relevancy 42.57%

we have dell inspiron 1501 that locks up every time you try to switch between user accounts. Whats causing this? Whats the solution? "THANKS"

A:Computer locks when switching user accounts

Are you switching accounts or logging on/off? How long does it lock up for or does it require a reboot to unlock it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-locks-when-switching-user-accounts-280928.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Windows machine with a Sound Blaster ZX sound card I also have a G headset that needed to be replaced I just got my new G and was able to set it up headset. to G930 Computer auto-switching not fine The software is installed and both Computer not auto-switching to G930 headset. it and the sound card have the latest drivers and Windows is completely up to date When I plug in the dongle and turn on my headset though it doesn't automatically switch to Computer not auto-switching to G930 headset. output sound from the headphones The only way I can Computer not auto-switching to G930 headset. get it to do this is by opening the sound options in the control panel and making the headset the default audio output device This wasn't necessary before the headset malfunctioned and I needed to send it back for repairs which was also before I upgraded from to it would switch to the headset as the primary output device as soon as I plugged the dongle in and switched the headset on Any ideas why it isn't doing this any more and how to get that behavior back Does have some issue with support of USB headsets that didn't Right now I have to constantly switch my default output device between my speakers and headphones depending on what I'm using and this shouldn't be necessary I've also tried completely uninstalling my Logitech software and drivers and reinstalling them No luck so far

A:Computer not auto-switching to G930 headset.

You should be able to just leave the headset set at default and save/apply settings. Then when finished with the headset, unplug and your PC should set itself to speakers settings as default once headset is unplug. My headset is setup the same way, works perfectly for me.

To answer your question; it could be the difference between 8/8.1 as to why it's happening with your headset. Same for my 8.1 setup.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38066-computer-not-auto-switching-g930-headset.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello I Computer after Adapter switching says HDD I VGA Standard Graphics have have a problem as you may already know After switching my hard drive out for a new one Because of what I think to have been a virus my computer keeps telling me that I have a quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot when I know I have an quot ATI Radeon HD G quot graphics card I've looked for drivers to install for my actual graphic card but I can't find and I also am not sure on how to install them I have no idea how or why this happens although I do know I can't play certain games I've tried one Speccy says this about it Monitor Name LP WH -TLAA on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Current Resolution x pixels Work Resolution x pixels State Enabled Primary VgaCompatible Monitor Width Monitor Height Monitor BPP bits per pixel Monitor Frequency Hz Device DISPLAY Monitor ATI video Manufacturer ATI Model video GPU Sumo Device ID - Subvendor Toshiba Current Performance Level Level Technology nm Release Date Jun DirectX Support DirectX Shader Model OpenGL Support Bios Core Clock Bios Mem Clock Driver version ROPs Shaders unified Count of performance levels Level And this is a picture of Computer says I have Standard VGA Graphics Adapter after switching HDD HW Vendor Detection I guess you're going to have Computer says I have Standard VGA Graphics Adapter after switching HDD to click it I also know that before I switched hard drives my screen resolution went up to x I believe might have been and now it only goes up to x And if I need to install my drivers or whatever could I get a link to the driver download and instructions on how to install them Also as you might have guessed it's a laptop If you need any other computer info or other info just let me know Thanks for the help in advance

A:Computer says I have Standard VGA Graphics Adapter after switching HDD

mahlulu22, welcome to the Seven Forums.

For the drivers you need you have to go to Toshiba,

Drivers & Software Support | Toshiba

You will need the full model number for your laptop. While there also look for chipset drivers, and if available get them and install before the video driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/301461-computer-says-i-have-standard-vga-graphics-adapter-after-switching-hdd.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everybody, i'm in a real problem here. Whenever i switch on my computer it automatically shuts down after 2 minutes. I can only use it in safe mode with networking. I was running perfectly fine untill 2 days ago. Please, i need help, and i don't know much about computers!!

A:[urgent]Computer restarts after 2 minutes of switching on

Hi Terra321. Welcome to the forums.

I would recommend doing a System Restore, either in safe mode, via your computer recovery options (press F8 repeatedly while booting (just after POST) or via a System Repair disc. Choose a restore point that was created before your problem occurred. Here are a few tutorials to help:

System Recovery Options

System Restore

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169534-urgent-computer-restarts-after-2-minutes-switching.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey there Decided that I was going to have a PC to muck around with so I just recently acquired a PC which a mate was going to Problems HP 6619 on computer switching (AP) Pavilion - chuck out - HP Pavilion AP believe AP means Asia Pacific Micro ATX Case and a Mhz Celeron Processor and other not so fancy specs compared to what is coming Problems switching on computer - HP Pavilion 6619 (AP) out these days When I brought it home I plugged the Power Cable into the power supply socket connected monitor mouse and keyboard up pressed the power Problems switching on computer - HP Pavilion 6619 (AP) button on the front panel of the computer only to realise it would not fire up I realised also that my mate being a not so computer literate person hadn t touched anything within the PC itself hardware wise - the warranty seals and power supply configuration sticker was intact on the case itself So I am assuming that he hasn t touched anything within the computer that may have caused this problem I am just wandering what could be the cause of this computer to not function The obvious problem sounds like a power supply that has just given up but it could be other factors yes nbsp

A:Problems switching on computer - HP Pavilion 6619 (AP)

Do you hear anything go on like fans or drives spin up? Any lights on the case or keyboard or is the system just completely dead? Meaning absolutely nothing happens when you push the power switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-switching-on-computer-hp-pavilion-6619-ap.432396/
Relevancy 42.57%

The computer is sleeping. I switch on my nearby desktop lamp (11 W fluorescent fed by its own transformer), and the computer wakes up 80% of each time the lamp is switch on! This has suddenly started a few days ago. The 230 V plugs for the computer and the lamp are not near each other mains-wise (for example, they are not plugged into the same extension strip). I didn't do anything at all to either item around the time the behaviour started.

Its not a disaster, but it is odd. Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389463-switching-my-desktop-lamp-wakens-computer.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My XP computer resets its' clock to the year 2020 after every reboot. IS that a battery problem or something more insiduous?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reasons-the-computer-date-keeps-switching-to-2020.20910/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi! So I have just made the switch back to the world of PCs and Windows after using a MacBook exclusively for 8 years. What I am trying to do is switch the mousepad scroll direction. It used to have an option on my Mac for changing the scroll direction to the opposite way, but I cannot find this same option for the new laptop. Maybe I am not looking in the right place, I have not used Windows 10 before, last time I used a PC, it still had Windows XP on it, so I've been out of this game for a lonnggggg time. Its not a deal breaker or anything, but I'm gonna have to retrain 8 years of muscle memory if there's not an option. Does the Omen laptop have a mousepad that is capable of switching scroll direction to the opposite way, or am I just out of luck?  Thank you very much!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Switching-the-Scroll-Direction-on-Omen-Computer/td-p/5732441
Relevancy 42.57%

Whenever I switch from league of legends to Netflix or hbo my computer crashes but it's not a regular crash with the blue screen but my screen will turn a random colour and the last thing heard through my headset will turn into a loud buzz that goes on forever till I shut down my computer. It does this almost everytime I press the play button on Netflix after just playing league but I don't know how to fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashing-after-switching-from-league-to-netflix.1164232/
Relevancy 42.57%

When i turn on my computer, i see the windows logo and the little bar below it, that tells you that the computer is working and moving on to the next step.... but my computer gets stuck on that forever and i have to remove it from the power source to shut it off. In other words, i cannot successfully turn on my computer! Help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-not-switching-on-past-the-windows-logo-297243.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I actually have no idea why I'm getting BSOD's. I think maybe it's my ram, mainly because WhoCrashed said something about memory corruption, but then said it's probably buggy drivers. I recently did a clean install because windows component store was all messed up, I could get updates. Anyway, the required zip file is here. WORKHORSE-Tue_05_26_2015_212848_08.zip I wish I could be of more help, but I just don't know. The crashes are so random. Most time when the PC is on but not even in use or if I've been doing one thing for a while and then switch to another program.

A:BSOD when computer is not in use or switching browser tabs

You've received a mixture of 0x109, 0x1A and 0x19. The 0x19 has highlighted MalwareBytes Web Access Control, if you're running MBAM in realtime can you switch to running on demand. If the problem persists you may have to uninstall MBAM for testing purposes.

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {20, ffffe001f4bb3ac0, ffffe001f4bb3ae0, 4020017}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys
Probably caused by : fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+1be )

Followup: MachineOwner

The other two dumps are inconclusive and may well be pointing to an error with your RAM.

Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note

Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Post back with the results.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66473-bsod-when-computer-not-use-switching-browser-tabs.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there recently I've been having trouble with Windows wanting to switch me out of Aero mode no matter what Aero Computer matter no Basic to from Switching what? I've attempted to do to fix it I've tried numerous things such as switching it manually using the command prompt - net stop uxsms net start uxsms which may work for a few seconds but then immediately switches back to basic I've also tried additions in the regedit as I've found some people have had success with it online but it has not been fixed so far I've tried playing with the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager entry with Services msc and the same issue with the command prompt fix happens It simply returns to basic a few seconds after In performance options I've switched Visual Effects to Custom with all options on as well as trying best appearance Troubleshooting Aero also does nothing I don't think it is an issue with my hardware as it performs pretty well when it comes to gaming on newer titles which I do regularly Are there any ideas as to how to fix this or prevent windows from switching out constantly Is it a bug Computer Switching from Aero to Basic no matter what? with Computer Switching from Aero to Basic no matter what? a driver perhaps Any help would be very much appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Computer Switching from Aero to Basic no matter what?

I would try System Restore to before the problem occurred.

TsVk!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596216/computer-switching-from-aero-to-basic-no-matter-what/
Relevancy 42.14%

I upgraded my PC got a new graphics card, new ram and a new power supply. I switched everything out and I get no signal on my monitor and when switching to my on board card I get no signal as well. Fans and systems powers on my monitor shows no signal and goes back to black screen.

I need help I don't know what do to do.

A:Upgrading computer( no signal after switching graphics card)

I'd start by removing the sand box from the computer, that's way too dirty to allow the computer to run properly. That heat sink is filthy and will cause the CPU to overheat and throttle down performance or even shut down. A can of compressed air will fix that.

Aside from that you don't have the 4 power connector for the CPU and that absolutely needs to be connected.

The video card may also have power connectors near the back that need to be connected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-computer-no-signal-after-switching-graphics-card.1165880/
Relevancy 42.14%

Not sure if this is a hardware or software issue and kinda has me stumped One of the office PCs has started the habit of daily switching itself off at about am Except it's not off because the power light is flashing orange But it's not on and not sleeping or hibernating so I don't know what state it's in But the screen's off and it doesn't respond to mouse or keyboard actions or a short press of the power button long press turns it off The pc is a dell optilex running windows ultimate It's only recently started doing this roughly coinciding with hour after an switching Computer standby?) (or half on off switches a change of location within the office There's nothing in the event logs that would indicate an intentional change of state just the 'previous shut down was unexpected' message I've run windows security essentials scan and malwarebytes both of which come up clean Computer switches off (or standby?) half an hour after switching on and wouldn't a virus leave some activity in the Computer switches off (or standby?) half an hour after switching on event log I've set the power options to not sleep or hibernate or turn off hard drives To try and Computer switches off (or standby?) half an hour after switching on replicate the issue at other times of day I've altered the system clock to am but the issue does not then arise at system time Lastly I did find a scheduled task for the google update at I've disabled it and will see what happens on monday but in light of the system clock points raised above I don't think this will be it I must say I'm stumped Any suggestions as to causes or lines of further investigation

A:Computer switches off (or standby?) half an hour after switching on

Does this happen when someone is using it, or is it a computer the is not consistently used? If it happens routinely at about the same time, have you sat at the computer to watch what's happening?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-switches-off-or-standby-half-an-hour-after-switching-on-642700.html
Relevancy 41.71%

So I accidentally downloaded a virus of some sort I got a non-stop UAC message asking switching letters and my drive computer Malware unbootable D C made by for something call setup something I kept hitting no no no but it popped up half a second Malware made my computer unbootable by switching D and C drive letters later So i just figured i will click yes then remove the virus with my scanner After that a program popped up that I know was scareware It was call malware scanner or something similar About seconds after that My computer shut down On restart it failed to boot up and took me to startup repair that failed I tried a system restore from the windows cd that failed I booted into a CD called UBCD Win Did some virus scans didnt seem to find anything I also found the probable cause for not being able to boot it switched my drive letters It turned C into D and D into C I tried switching the back and on reboot it was still the same problem I went back into UBCD Win and the Drive letters were still C to D and D to C Can anyone give me a hand I am pretty technically experienced but having trouble

A:Malware made my computer unbootable by switching D and C drive letters

Hello chrisx16x2008,

Is this a 32 or 64 bit machine?

When you say it won't boot, are you getting a bsod, a black screen, or restart loop? How far does it get before 'it doesn't boot'?

If bsod, what is the stop error code?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/malware-made-my-computer-unbootable-by-switching-d-and-c-drive-letters-569726.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a KVM switch that I use to plug in different machines and work on them, and recently when I switch back to my main machine, sometimes I get a BSOD. It seems to me like there is something wrong with my video driver, since right before the BSOD, the video driver crashes over and over, but I don't want to start messing around with things until someone more experienced than me can offer some advice.

I used the DM Log Collector, and have attached the zip to my post.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge about this topic can help me out.

Thanks!

A:BSOD when switching back to computer with KVM switch, error 0x00000116

Anybody able to help with this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357139-bsod-when-switching-back-computer-kvm-switch-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 41.71%

OS Windws Home Premium Desktop computer Antivirus Panda Global Protection Updated and Enabled A few weeks ago my Panda suddenly wouldn t load error quot Program Files Common Files Security pavshld PAVSHLD DLL is either not designed to load Protection and off switching won't Global periodically computer Panda and on run on windows or it contains an error quot Then I have to use their generic uninstaller on Panda s site to get rid of it all I have repeatedly tried to install GP and it won t install correctly Tried off Global Protection disc and internet DL for GP I contacted Panda who gave me a supposed solution Dear Customer You will Panda Global Protection won't load and computer switching on and off periodically need to uninstall the software from the Control Panel - gt Add and Remove Programs and then reboot the system Next you will want to manually uncompress the installation file PandaGP exe into a folder To do this a free program called winrar will be required to perform these steps Create a folder in your C drive called Panda Right click the mouse button on the installation file PandaGP exe and select quot Extract to quot Extract the contents of the file to C Panda Go to Start - gt Run and type CMD then click OK In the new window type quot cd quot and press Enter Now type quot cd Panda quot and press Enter You are now on the path C Panda Now type Setup Shield and press Enter this will launch the installation again I was unable to extract from the download option not available so they told me quot The error points to a install shield issue you might have to look at repairing the Microsoft files our only work around would be the steps sent in the first e-mail quot I tried to fix this using the MS Tool but it made no difference I have Panda installed now and the anti virus seems to be working but it won t update last update reads or open Now my computer keeps turning off and on and is not booting up into Windows I have run a virus scan with Malware Bytes and Spybot which say my computer s clean I have included a HiJack This log and hope it helps Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C PROGRAM FILES PANDA SECURITY PANDA GLOBAL PROTECTION WebProxy exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection ApVxdWin exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ask com l dis amp o R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explor... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/panda-global-protection-wont-load-and-computer-switching-on-and-off-periodically.1022185/
Relevancy 41.71%

So recently I decide to try out windows which was the trial version that I downloaded from Microsoft After finish installing I thought all my files would be gone but it wasn't I still have the files but it was not installed as if I have the files and data but I wasn't able Boot mess 8 after and switching Computer Windows is back up installing to run it because its not installed into the system for some reason So after having a bad time with Windows I decide to switch back to window by inserting the window disk delete all the partitions and make new ones and installing it but here comes the problems After I finish installing window I ran into multiple annoying things that did not have before windows First problem There has been a blinking white dash line on the top left which is annoying and I don't Computer Boot is mess up after installing Windows 8 and switching back know what cause it Picture below imgur the simple image sharer imgur the simple image sharer This is like the same line as Computer Boot is mess up after installing Windows 8 and switching back the ones you get when your system unable to detect an OS but my system is able to boot up normally Second problem When I go into the bios I saw a new thing in the boot sequence There is this new thing call quot window boot manager quot which also bugs me and I want to remove it so bad not only it annoys me I must boot from that even thought I installed the OS on the hard drive when I put my hard drive as first priority the computer cannot detect an OS and unable to boot Picture below imgur the simple image sharer That was only one problem now I got another one which I got two freaking quot window boot manager quot instead of one Picture below imgur the simple image sharer Third problem My computer starting window part is completely mess up instead of having a Window new look loading screen I got an old loading screen that looks like its from window Xp Pictures below imgur the simple image sharer Top left was before the bottle right is now Additional problems When I create an partition for installing OS now I that every time I create an partition the window automatically creates an extra MB partition that said MSR microsoft reserved It created two of those as I was trying to make partition I have hard drive one TB the other one is TB Ps All my drives are GPT I have been struggling to fix this problem since sep and I have not been successful I tried to re install the OS times reset the bios and still unable to fix it I really hope for the community to help me with this because Its ruining my life Im spending a large amount of time on this and Im not able to get a good result this is me at home A good solution Im looking for is to be able to reinstall my OS without having to run into the problems I have listed

A:Computer Boot is mess up after installing Windows 8 and switching back

Where did you get the Windows 7 disc you used to reinstall with?

You can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file. Just be careful during the install not to accidentally install some of the bundled junk that comes with it. Always take The Custom Install option.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

YOU MUST HAVE A VALID KEY TO INSTALL THIS .ISO.
The one on the COA sticker on your computer will work.
If you are just using the Recovery Console you do not need a key.

You can also create a bootable USB Flash drive (4GB or larger) to install Windows 7 from.Download and run Universal USB Installer Easy as 1 2 3
Select Windows 7 from the first drop down list, all the way to the bottom
Select the downloaded Windows 7 iso file
Select your USB flash drive
Click Create
Once you have the new disc/flash drive, do another clean install following these instructions:

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346773-computer-boot-mess-up-after-installing-windows-8-switching-back.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello i was thinking about purchase the Dell Inspiron Slim s and switching out some hardware in it to get some better gaming out of it Watt Power supply Graphic Card Upgrade HIS X Pro IceQ Turbo and Creative Sound Blaster X-treme Audio or X-treme Gamer Sound Card Obvisouly being thirteen Custom or to Time?: Case Computer worth Not Easy my Switching a and taking all this time and research and my lifes saving s pretty much - I saved up about for no real reason i want it to look cool and make all my friends jealous So to the point If i buy a new custom case here s some choiced B-low is it that hard to move all the chips and drives from the dell case to another http www apevia com product php pid amp xcSID f a d ae Easy or Not worth my Time?: Switching to a Custom Computer Case c ae a http www apevia com product php pid amp xcSID f a d ae c ae a http www apevia com product php pid amp xcSID f a d ae c ae a http www apevia com product php pid amp xcSID f a d ae c ae a http www apevia com product php pid amp xcSID f a d ae c ae a It doens t take a whole day and a huge instruction pamplet right I know this is a stupid question but I m only being cautious before spending All you have to do is un-mount and un-plug each piece and re-mount and re-plug it into the other case right PS - If I buy or neon glowstrips and LED lights which probably aren t worth the money and hastle but for buksa piece why not do i plug them into like the Mobo probably not or directly into the power supply Do you mount them with velcro screws or do they have some kind of slot I m sorry many ppl frown when noobs post questions that sound like they haven t reasearched or don t know what theyre talking bout - I tried to nbsp

A:Easy or Not worth my Time?: Switching to a Custom Computer Case

Why pay $400.00 for a processor, motherboard, memory, hard drive, and operating system that you have little control over.

PROCESSOR

MOTHERBOARD

MEMORY

HARD DRIVE

OPERATING SYSTEM

The above is a little more expensive but you have total control, and I'm a little leery about the motherboard but you can choose what ever you can afford and still works with the processor. You'd also have to have a video card too to get this running because it doesn't have built-in video. Any case you really like would be best. Neon usually connects to your power supply. You might want to spend the sound card money on your video card, and go with a cheaper sound card unless you really want the best sounding music, and you have a half-decent sound system to go with it. Planning your new computer usually takes the most time. Installing components into your case can take a couple of hours if everything goes smothly and much more it it doesn't, and yes, most of the time it's just take out and plug back in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/easy-or-not-worth-my-time-switching-to-a-custom-computer-case.84808/
Relevancy 41.28%

i's Switching on but some error and any key press to shut down

A:nokia lumia 520 is switching off do not switching on

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question i's Switching on but some error and any key press to shut down You need to plug it to a pc and use WDRT; but if it's the error No boot device found, WDRT is not always working. That's a faulty hardware

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436094-nokia-lumia-520-switching-off-do-not-switching.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guy's just wondering if it's possible to get windows 7 to switch audio drivers when you switch to another user account.

For eg.. normal speakers device for my personal account and then have my multichannel device (profire 2626) set as default for my other user account 4 studio work.

Atm, if i change it on one account it changes on the other account which is annoying and i'd just like to set default device for each account so i don't have to do this.

Thx

A:Switching drivers when switching users?

I don't think this is really possible since the sound settings apply globally. I'm curious why you want to do this, though...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/191138-switching-drivers-when-switching-users.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 running windows xp home. 2.99GHZ processor and 58 GB free space left.
My problem: My computer automatically goes into hibernation mode and will not start up again for at least 5-10 minutes after. It gives no warning whatsoever when this happens. I'm risking it happening right now. I have the computer set to stay on at all times. All power options are set to "never" turn off. Please HELP!

A:Automatic Computer shutdown?

requesting this thread be closed as duplicate; I've responded to your other thread here.

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/470611-computer-shutdown.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-computer-shutdown.470606/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Dell several years old running XP and SP 3. Several years ago I was able to arrange to have my computer turn on at a set time every morning. It worked fine and never failed. Now I want to remove the automatic start up feature but I can not remember how I got to the site so I can remove that feature. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

A:Automatic computer turn on

Enter the BIOS setup at startup and check the power options.
You should be able to disable it there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-computer-turn-on.979332/
Relevancy 40.85%

After I log off my PC, it doesn't automatically shut down as it did in the past. I now have to physically push the power on-off power switch to turn off the system.

Does anyone know of a "fix" to this problem?

Thanks

A:Automatic Computer Shut down

Hi can be for many reasons..check link below..
http://www.theeldergeek.com/shutdown_issues_in_xp.htm
You are using Xp?
Let us know if you find the answer..

Welcome to TSG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-computer-shut-down.453415/
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer having Windows Xp shuts down automatically after varying time during work after the mouse click or scroll wheel roll. The fans are working normally and there is no obvious suggestion of overheating. The power switch is also apparently normally functioning. Can somebody solve my problem.

A:Automatic shut down of computer

Laptop or Desktop?

Please provide some computer specs. Run msinfo32 from START/RUN/cmd and save as an NFO file and attach to post. you may have to rename as a text file first priot to attaching.

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-shut-down-of-computer-252957.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am using a B for continous recording because of the space and power consumption reasons I followed various instruxtions to turn off the sleep and hibernation However in spite of doing everything possible it goes into sleep hybernation after about hours and I have to go to the computer to restart can from automatic... prevent How my computer I B50 it nbsp The following are the current settings nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp How can I prevent my B50 computer from automatic... nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Turn off display nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Never nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NeverPut computer to sleep nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Never nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Never nbsp Change advanced power settings nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Battery nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Plugged inMy Custom plan nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Requires PW on wake up nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp No nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NoHard Disk nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Turn off nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Never nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NeverIE nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Javascript Timer frequency nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Max nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp MaxDesktop Background setting nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slideshow nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Available nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AvailableWireless Adapter setting nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Power saving mode nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Max Performance nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Max PerfSleep nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Sleep after nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Never nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Never nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nb... Read more

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/How-can-I-prevent-my-B50-computer-from-automatically-sleeping-or/td-p/3318726
Relevancy 40.85%

I turn on the computer and it goes to automatic repair And THE keyboard shutdown and the mouse too I need help

A:Computer goes to automatic repair

Hi there @Darnell2, May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are stuck in a repair loop.  I am happy to give you a hand with this. Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? If you have installation media for Windows, start your computer from the installation media. When you see the "Install Windows" page, click "Repair your computer" to start the Windows recovery environment. In the "Choose an option" screen, select "Troubleshoot".Select "Advanced options" and then select "Command Prompt".From the command prompt, type each of the the following commands one by one and press Enter after each command: Bootrec /fixmbrBootrec /fixbootBootrec /scanosBootrec /rebuildbcd If you do not have bootable Windows installation media to start this, then you can Download Windows 10 - microsoft.com, from here. Obviously you would  need to have access to another computer for this, possibly a friend's or family member's computer, and you would need some media to use for the image. Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Computer-goes-to-automatic-repair/td-p/5761840
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I am searching for a way that i can have my computer start up at say Am monday-friday automatically As I have remote control software installed so i can utilize it and sometimes am not home in the morning to turn it on myself The computer i am trying to connect to is utilizing wireless G so Wake On Lan will not work since it is wireless However I have been thinking if it would be possible to purchase an external wireless device that will run out on a RJ that i can send the WOL quot Magic Packet quot to Also there is the BIOS option Automatic Computer Start Up but for some reason my monitor says quot Display not support quot Automatic Computer Start Up when it is booting and in Automatic Computer Start Up the BIOS It is an acer AL inch lcd monitor so i cannot use the BIOS at this time Videocard i am running is a Radeon X Pro AGP Please if you can assist i would be greatly appreceated i also posted this in the XP Forum spot but just saw this and figured it would be a better place Myztiq nbsp

A:Automatic Computer Start Up

Please do not post duplicates. Reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=457115

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-computer-start-up.457116/
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer has 4 or 5 times the last two weeks stopped working and restarted with the message "Grafikrutinen AMD slutade svara".  Could it be that the card for graphics are about to crasch?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Automatic-restart-of-the-computer/td-p/5852667
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm new to this site and I'm not very tech savy, but anyways I'm running a basic, older model e-machines computer with windows xp sp3. When I turn it on it gives me a couple of choices; start windows normally, start in safe mode, last configuration that worked etc.... Anyway I've tried all of them and the same thing happens, it goes to the boot screen for a few seconds and then it shuts off, anyone know about this problem? . Any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks.

A:Computer Automatic Shutdown

Hello,

When the computer was last used.. was it shut down okay?
Did anyone install any new hardware or software the last time it was working?

Try this for us:

Let it get to that menu again and try "Safe mode with command prompt"?

Does that work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-automatic-shutdown.934620/
Relevancy 40.85%

Lately my computer been acting up, When I play my games and my computer reaches a temp of 116 degrees it automatically reboots and when it starts up again it says windows has recovered from a serious error.

Anyone have a idea why it keeps doing that?

I have 3 fans in my computer and the usual fan and heat sink on the processor and the usual fan on the graphics card. Recently i put that heat sink paste to see if that helps but so far it acts the same.

Thanks in advance.

A:Computer Automatic Reboot

My 2 best guesses are:

The temperature sensing apparatus is defective, or
The processor is about to malfunction.

But, stick around for other replies, I am sure these will not be the only possibilities.

Good Luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-automatic-reboot-18075.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I recently bought a used Dell Optiplex for my niece. It came w/o an OS. I installed Win98 w/o problem. The computer is running great w/one exception. Every morning at 6:30 it powers on by itself and scares the daylights out of my niece. She thinks it's possessed. I thought I found something in the task scheduler and deleted it, but that didn't work. I don't see anything in the BIOS, but I could be overlooking something obvious. Can anyone help? Many thanks.....

A:automatic computer startup

There are a lot of different optiplexes can you post the model or service tag (serial number)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-computer-startup.113724/
Relevancy 40.42%

not sure which section this pertains to specifically but quot drivers quot seems close enough issue i recently upgraded to automatic and/or detection driver automatic Disable hardware install an sli graphics configuration since upgrading my previous method of avoiding the TDR driver crash has stopped working known fix that i can't get to work anymore when running a single gpu i Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install could disable and uninstall the nvidia hd audio device then disable and uninstall the hd Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install audio controller under system devices problem solved no crashes after adding the second gpu Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install there are now two hd audio devices and two hd audio controllers upon disabling or uninstalling either controller the system automatically re-installs the hd audio devices previously uninstalled which in turn causes the hd audio controller to re-enable re-install itself to be clear all hd audio devices and hd audio controllers on my system must be disabled AND uninstalled to prevent TDR or since the upgrade full system freezes or restarts sli double TDR already tried it Drivers - Turn Off Automatic Driver Installation this tutorial does not stop automatic driver installation it just prevents the downloading of drivers from windows update tried it anyway no help How to Stop Windows From Detecting New Hardware eHow disabling automatic hardware detection as described here does not prevent automatic device recognition and driver re-installation safe mode does prevent the drivers from re-installing immediately however it also prevents most software from booting properly after uninstalling hd audio controllers in safe mode and rebooting windows promptly re-installs all uninstalled devices and controllers please help so is there any way to convince windows to stop being so quot helpful quot by re-installing these device drivers at boot or can windows be made to stop looking for uninstalled devices altogether thanks in advance

A:Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install

Disable this service:

UPnP Device Host

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/292188-disable-automatic-hardware-detection-automatic-driver-install.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Help...

Automatic Data Collection and Dashboard /Date Inputs are automatic. Metrics are predicated on the percent complete per month..

It is hard to explain, but the data accumulates hourly, daily, weekly, monthly quarterly, Simi annually and annually.

Some areas do not meet the % required for the month others do the dashboard should show that.

The dashboard should show each month the % complete and if it is on target.

Please see spreadsheet example, I can manage the most conditional formatting; I just need help to automate the process.
Thanks,
mrsmithexcels

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-data-collection-and-dashboard-date-inputs-are-automatic-492558.html
Relevancy 40.42%

This kind of problem I am seeing for the first time in my life without having a ending Search WMP launch of Automatic with shutdown automatic Windows and clue The pc is own by one of my friend First foolish thing he did was to put some customized xp into his computer Suddenly today morning he started to scream on phone about this problem I am not able to see the desktop The problem is whenever the computer starts windows media player starts up along with search windows one contain no search item another contain quot quot in Automatic launch of Windows Search and WMP ending with automatic shutdown the search item another contain quot quot as search contain the string may be different I can t remember exactly Closing one of them shutting down the system completely No restart It is like someone is opening a search box in front of me and typing the search string The problem was occurring even internet not connected While shutting down sometime it showed quot some no of users are connected shutting down will cause problem quot like that zombie system So I instructed to remove windows xp format c and install windows from original disk Much of my surprise just after installation it started showing the same symptom Internet was not connected After set up with internet I connect it via teamviewer check msconfig -- only one entry was there google update chorme was installed -- I check the processes no suspicious process was running -- There is no autorun inf file in any of the drive There was no pattern of the incident sometime click on my computer open those three windows sometime not Some time it just open up when everything is idle Sometime double click of exe s trigger this It sometime it just like flood of opening those four windows Sometime while I type any weburl it start typing that automatically I need some help Guide me if more information is needed

A:Automatic launch of Windows Search and WMP ending with automatic shutdown

Let's get some more info and go from there.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disabl... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424695/automatic-launch-of-windows-search-and-wmp-ending-with-automatic-shutdown/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all Does setting Windows Updates to quot notify for download and notify for install quot via GP edit also Driver? include automatic automatic Device Updates Win disabling Does disable Device Driver automatic installation Or does disabling automatic device driver installation need to be configured separately If the latter separate setting is Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver? it advisable to do so despite the ominous warning from M that quot your device may not work as expected quot I followed Brink's characteristically excellent tutorial for GP edit here Windows Update Automatic Updates - Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver? Enable or Disable in Windows to quot notify for download and notify for install quot Thanks for that So my questions center on whether doing so will also prevent automatic device driver installation or whether I need to and or should configure that setting separately M 's ominous warning seems to be strongly discouraging users from disabling automatic device driver updates and quot realistic icons quot For my OEM XP Vista and systems I have always gotten drivers -- WHEN NEEDED -- from the OEM not via Windows Update as the OEMs historically have done a better job than M in offering the needed drivers for their computers Is that still true under Win Assuming that disabling automatic Windows Updates does NOT also disable automatic device driver updates should I disable automatic device driver installation on this OEM Win box TIA MM

A:Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver?

Hello MM,

That will stop drivers from automatically being installed in Windows Update, but won't stop drivers from being available in Windows Update.

If you don't want drivers to be available in Windows Update, then you can disable this using the tutorial below. If disabled, you'll have to manually update (download and install) your drivers from the manufacturer.

Driver Updates in Windows Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 10driver-updates-windows-update-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

The first tutorial below you posted will turn on/off automatic installation of drivers for devices. However, I would recommend to also disable automatic updates in the second tutorial below to be safe.

Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/56958-does-disabling-automatic-win-updates-include-automatic-device-driver.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, my dad's computer is Windows 98 PIII. Lately it has been restarting by itself when i turn it on..near the windows 98 splash screen. It would do this until it reaches the safe mode stage, then i would enter safe mode, log onto windows, restart and then boot into normal Windows. Does anyone know of any problem related to this?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-restart-upon-starting-up-computer.388178/
Relevancy 40.42%

I believe the computer is infected with a virus.....

Everytime I boot-up the computer and Login to windows XP, I would get a small dialog box saying that it will count down to 10 seconds and will shut down.

Is my computer being HIjack or this is a spyware within my PC.

what program can I download to resolve this problem, thanks in advance.

Charlton

A:Computer counts down & automatic shut down

Sounds like it may be msblast

Blaster Worm Removal Tool for Windows XP and Windows 2000 (KB833330)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&DisplayLang=en

After that

Go to http://www.oneknight.co.ukand download 'Hijack This!'.
make sure it is placed into it's own folder, not a temporary folder. Then doubleclick the Hijackthis.exe.
Click the "Scan" button, when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.
Go to where you saved the log and click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log (in the security section)
It will possibly show issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required,
so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-counts-down-automatic-shut-down.226088/