Windows Support Forum

Network adapter keeps disabling itself

Q: Network adapter keeps disabling itself

HI, Ive been tring to fix someones computer over the past week, and have ran into countless issues with it lol.

recently someone on this forum help me clean the malware off of it (we are still in the process of cleaning it up) and I noticed that the network adapter continually disables itself. I have only been able to observe this change if I let the pc sit for over 5-10 minutes, then when I come back, the internet has been severed, and I asm unable to reconnect. The only way I am able to reconnect is through a full reboot.

I tried modifying the services under regedit to automatically restart if the service is stop for some reason.

thank you for the help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network adapter keeps disabling itself

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network adapter keeps disabling itself

Until you are declared "clean" by the Virus and Malware helpers, it is inadvisable to attempt any other repairs concurrently. It will definitely upset the helpers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adapter-keeps-disabling-itself.187774/
Relevancy 73.53%

Alright, so sometimes I get network crashes and disabling network adapters appearing randomly, but mostly in minecraft.
I have an HP Pavilion p6-2052sc and I just reformatted my pc and downloaded the 802.11n wireless adapter + some other adapter.

I'm not sure if it is the drivers/adapters, if anybody knows please tell me what drivers/adapters HP Pavilion p6-2052sc has by default. (Only network related or something)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-network-crashes-disabling-network-adapter.1045776/
Relevancy 72.24%

This sometimes happens.
Sometimes when I turn on computer or when I exit the game my internet connection is not working.And I find one more network (undefined public network).Then I must disable that network and run troubleshooting problems then it detects network adapter is disabled.Why is this happening,and how you I resolve it to never happen again?
I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 RC and my modem is HG520s.

A:Network Adapter is disabling automatcual

Is it possible for you to upload a screenshot of your network connections...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/134968-network-adapter-disabling-automatcual.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So everytime i go on the computer via ethernet for a while,say 1 hour or so,the ethernet will stop working and sometimes the adapter will turn itself off,even when im booting the pc from scratch,im confsued on this one :S

Any ideas?
Thanks
Sam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-adapter-keeps-disabling.1107051/
Relevancy 55.47%

HiI have a HP Envy dv6-7200sa Notebook (with windows 8) and I am having trouble with my wireless adapter. It keeps disabling itself. This has been going on for about a fortnight where by I can be on the internet and then I loose my connection. It is not a problem with my wireless hub as I can still get on the internet on other devices. When i trouble shoot the issue I keep getting the message that the wifi adapter is disabled I have not done any updates that may have caused any issues and can not keep restoring my notebook Can anyone suggest anything that can resolve this issue for me? Thank you

A:Wireless Adapter keeps disabling itself

Hello @Atmac ,Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand the wireless adapter in your notebook is disabling itself. When this happens does the wireless light on your keyboard turn red or orange? It would also help to know exactly which wireless adapter you are using. To find this you should be able to see the device in Device Manager under Network adapters. In here you can also see the status of the adapter. When it says the device is disabled you should see a small symbol that looks like a white circle with a black down arrow (see image below).  Once you have determined the wireless adapter try reinstalling the drivers from here: HP ENVY dv6-7200sa Notebook PC Drivers. It could also be an issue with the wireless button. You can download the most recent driver for this here: HP Wireless Button Driver. Let me know which adapter you have or if those suggestions worked.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-Adapter-keeps-disabling-itself/td-p/4600144
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Failing After Adapter Disabling Wireless I have a Windows laptop that has this infuriating issue lately that I've tried many times to fix but have failed Sometimes I like to connect to the internet via Ethernet and sometimes I prefer using Wi-fi depending on where I am so whenever I want to use Ethernet I disable the wi-fi adapter But the issue appears when I want to re-enable the adapter When I try to enable it some time later it appears as if it has disappeared in the network adapters list and when I go to my Device Manager and find the Wireless Adapter Failing After Disabling adapter there it shows a caution symbol on it When I check the properties of the adapter it reads quot Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory Code quot And when I look at the Resource settings it reads quot This device isn't using any resources because it has a problem quot The adapter name is Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N I have tried the following so far - Rebooting the laptop - Disabling and then re-enabling the adapter via Device Manager - Browsing Microsoft's website for an update for the driver Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated By the way if you're thinking quot well you could just set your wi-fi to not automatically connect to the network so you can do it manually quot I know but I made a batch file to make using Wireless and Wired easier and this issue wasn't always happening Finally I know it's not the batch file because it used to work with the batch file

A:Wireless Adapter Failing After Disabling

You do not want to Disable the wireless adapter, just disconnect from your wireless network. Choose to not connect automatically.
Go to the Device Manager and Right click any device and choose Scan For Hardware Changes. This should reinstall the wireless adapter. If not, restart the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-adapter-failing-after-disabling-1118577.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all I recently bought a brand spankin' new Asus Intel Core i - hq laptop bit Windows Initially it would drop the internet connection every minutes or so I eventually toggled the switch to stop if from cutting off the wireless adapter to save power and I thought this solved the problem However now about - times a day the wireless adapter cuts off entirely and nothing brings it back except restarting the computer In fact it won't even allow me to open the window for Change adapter settings once it disables itself nor will the enable disable option have any effect and if I try to check out what networks are available it refuses to even open the tab I have tried toggling settings in the services section reinstalling the driver it says the driver is up to date and disabling the power saving option as i mentioned and nothing has helped any advice would be greatly appreciated Also the pic below is just a jpg of the system info thank you all in advance

A:Asus Wireless Adapter Disabling Itself

If this laptop is brand spanking new it's under warranty.  I'd give Asus a call and see what they can do to resolve this.

You posted that this is a Asus laptop, but didn't post the model.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585038/asus-wireless-adapter-disabling-itself/
Relevancy 54.61%

Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem.
It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no beeping in light where my Pc's Ethernet connection is.

Plz guys what to do, fyi last one is working right now-

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/48973-multiple-ethernet-network-adapter-network-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi...,
i want to disable ipv6 for Cisco Systen VPN Adapter,
i got information like remove Tcpip6 from   
HKLM\system\current controlset\control\class\{.....}\0017\linkage\upperbind. but i didn't find "Tcpip6" here, only
Ndi will be available ther. i also removed srting id for cisco vpn adapter from 0017 but no required reusult. can any  help me.
i am using  windows 7-32 bit, Cisco vpn client 5.0.
thanks in advance

A:Disabling IPV6 on particular adapter only using registry edit

Sir, you can Disable IPv6 From Registry By these steps :

To disable certain IPv6 components yourself, follow these steps:

Click Start

, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters \
Double-click DisabledComponents to modify the DisabledComponents entry.

Note If the DisabledComponents entry is unavailable, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:

In the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
Type DisabledComponents, and then press ENTER.
Double-click DisabledComponents.
Type any one of the following values in the Value data: field to configure the IPv6 protocol to the desired state, and then click OK:

Type 0 to enable all IPv6 components. (Windows default setting) 
Type 0xffffffff to disable all IPv6 components, except the IPv6 loopback interface. This value also configures Windows Vista to use Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) instead of IPv6 in prefix policies.
Type 0x20 to use IPv4 instead of IPv6 in prefix policies.
Type 0x10 to disable native IPv6 interfaces.
Type 0x01 to disable all tunnel IPv6 interfaces.
Type 0x11 to disable all IPv6 interfaces except for the IPv6 loopback interface.

Advanced steps
Important The following steps are for advanced users only.

To use IPv6 instead of IPv4 in prefix policies, follow these steps:

Find the current value data of DisabledComponents. Change the data to binary data. It will be a 32-bit binary data
Find the sixth bit of the data, and then set it to 0. Do not touch any other bits. For example, if the current data is 11111111111111111111111111111111, the new data should be 11111111111111111111111111011111.
Change the data from binary to hexadecimal. Set the hexadecimal value as the new value data for DisabledComponents.

To enable native IPv6 interfaces, follow these steps:

Find the current value data of DisabledComponents. Change the data to binary data. It will be a 32-bit binary data
Find the fifth bit of the data, and then set it to 0. Do not touch any other bits. For example, if the source data is 11111111111111111111111111111111, the new data should be 11111111111111111111111111101111.
Change the data from binary to hexadecimal. Set the hexadecimal value as the new value data for DisabledComponents.

To enable all tunnel IPv6 interfaces, follow these steps:

Find the first bit of the data, and then set it to 0. Do not touch any other bits. For example, if the source data is 11111111111111111111111111111111, the new data should be 11111111111111111111111111111110.

To enable all IPv6 interfaces except for the IPv6 loopback interface, follow these steps:

Find the first bit of the data and the fifth bit of the data, and then set them both to 0. Do not touch any other bits. For example, if current data is 11111111111111111111111111111111, the new data should be 11111111111111111111111111101110.

Notes

Using a value other than 0x0 or 0x20 will cause the Routing and Remote Access service to fail after this change goes into effect.
You must restart yo... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2166e0f3-110b-4bd3-90d4-b30c8eac5517/disabling-ipv6-on-particular-adapter-only-using-registry-edit?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok first of all ill say that i am using a Realtek Wireless Adapter (a card in the back, not a USB) and the program i am running to manage my internet is 'REALTEK RTL8185 Wireless LAN Driver and Utility'.

Now comes the problem. At first my computer goes fine, and can work for hours on end, then suddenly, my internet will just cut out, for no reason whatsoever. Then i click to repair my internet, and it becomes stuck on 'Disabling wireless adapter...', and if i press 'Cancel' nothing happens. The only way to regain my internet is to reboot my computer, but even then i have to manually turn it off as it again gets stuck on 'Windows is shutting down'.

I would be greatful for any help and advice you could give, and if you need any more information then just let me know. Thanks

A:Repair stuck on 'Disabling Wireless Adapter'

Sounds like you might have a driver issue or a failing wireless adapter.

I'd download and install the latest wireless drivers, if that doesn't do it, it's probably time to consider a new wireless adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repair-stuck-on-disabling-wireless-adapter.790808/
Relevancy 54.18%

I know this is a virus of some sort, because if I restore my computer back a few days, the internet works fine. I'm using an ethernet cable that does work, as it works fine in my laptop. The problem occurs in "Safe Mode with networking" as well, so I can't even download any programs to help. I also can no longer restore because I have no restore points besides one where the problem is still occuring. If I turn the local area adapter on, it turns off again seconds later. Is there anything I can do?

A:Local Area Connection adapter keeps disabling

Forgot to mention - I can't post logs of any sort, seeing as I can't access this forum on my computer to copy paste (no internet). I have Malwarebytes running now, but no detections yet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624394/local-area-connection-adapter-keeps-disabling/
Relevancy 53.75%

I installed a new network interface card, because my integrated ethernet adapter quit working. I disabled it and uninstalled the driver, I even deleted the driver from the system 32 driver file. But when I reboot, the ethernet adapter is enabled and the driver is reinstalled and there's a error message in my system tray saying the cable is unpluged. I can't physically remove it because it's part of the motherboard. Any idea how to keep it from installing itself?

Relevancy 53.75%

Ok, this is the story:

I have a Compaq X1000 with a Mobility Radeon 9200 card and a Windows XP OS.

I recently got problems with my ATI card because after 5-10 minutes of having my computer on, the screen started to jump and it froze, having me to reboot my computer. After that I just disabled the ATI driver (via adapter's propierties), hoping that solved the problem, but it didn't. So, hoping that the ATI was now fixed, I tried to change from the VGA (the default that the computer has) to the ATI, but I couldn't, so I (foolishly) disabled the VGA adapter (also via adapter's propierties) and I rebooted my computer, but when I did, I just had a black screen, although I could still hear the sound.

Can one of you please help me to solve this and return everything back to normal? Thanks

A:Black Screen Problem for disabling the graphic adapter

you need to enter the bios during boot up and enable the video adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-problem-for-disabling-the-graphic-adapter.42970/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey I'm trying to set up a hotspot with my laptop for my phone because I have no wifi When I plug in an ethernet cable the wifi adapter becomes disabled I need it to stay enabled The reason I need to do this is because with NETSH WLAN commands you can create a wifi hotspot by sharing the internet connection on the wired adapter and broadcasting a ssid on the virtual wifi miniport adapter ''netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode allow ssid Hotspot key Password'' But with my wifi adapter the STOP need to wifi Windows make I disabling 8 adapter disabled the wireless autoconfig service wlansvc is not running which is needed When I try to enable my wifi adapter or the wireless autoconfig service they simply disable again directly after My network adapters are Intel R I need to make Windows 8 STOP disabling the wifi adapter Dual Band wireless-N amp Realtek PCle GBE Family controller There is no Intel PROSet Wireless software interfering and I don't have any Wireless autoswitch software installed on my laptop as far as I know Please help me

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60103-i-need-make-windows-8-stop-disabling-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok this is the story I have a Compaq X with a Mobility Radeon card and a Windows XP OS I recently got problems with my ATI card because after - minutes of having my computer on the screen started to jump and it froze having me to reboot my computer After that I just disabled the ATI driver via adapter s propierties hoping that solved the problem but it didn t So hoping that the ATI was now fixed I tried to change from the VGA the default that the computer has to the ATI but I couldn t so I foolishly disabled the VGA adapter also via adapter s propierties and I rebooted my computer but when I did I just had a black screen although I could still hear the sound Can one of you please help me to solve this and return everything back to normal Thanks If you think about the BIOS well I am really not familiar with it but when I start my computer it says F ROM Setup and if I press it this is what I see My bios is like this You can only choose the next options File System Info - Detects there is an ATI card BIOS date Restore defaults - Already tried it Save Changes and Exit Ignore changes and exit Security Admin password Pwr on password DriveLock Password Device Security - Everything is enabled Screen for Black graphic adapter Problem disabling the here System IDs - I don t know what this is Tools Battery Calibration - I don t think this is important HDD Self-Test options - I ran the quick test and it said Error Read failure Advanced Language Boot options - Multibot is disabled and the boot order is First Optical Device Second Hard Drive Device options - Parallel port mode ECP USB Legacy support Enable Ok this may sound stupid but is this the BIOS or do I need to press something else at the start nbsp

A:Black Screen Problem for disabling the graphic adapter

Nevermind, just fixed the problem:

http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/145290.html

Although I still want to know why my screen bumped and it got stucked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-problem-for-disabling-the-graphic-adapter.438042/
Relevancy 52.46%

i have a linksys wireless router. i am trying to establish a wireless connection to a dell insperion laptop. i have contacted linksys and they tell me i need to disable the built in utility of the adapter so they can help me connect using the WZC utility of the XP. i have contacted dell but they will not help me unless i buy a warrenty.
can anyone help me with this?
steve g

A:disabling the built in utility of the adapter on a dell insperion notebook computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-the-built-in-utility-of-the-adapter-on-a-dell-insperion-notebook-computer.892377/
Relevancy 51.6%

device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and then underneath the bang with WAN Miniport (IP) #2. When I check the properties of the device It says it is not working properly. When I attempt to uninstall the device it tells me that the device cannot be removed because it is required to boot the system.

A:device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and

go into your bios and under boot options, remove network/internet as a boot option if it is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-under-my-network-adapter-i-have-my-intel-ethernet-adapter-listed-and-91828.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello

I have my AWUS036H for a few months now and it worked perfect until now.
My landlord has a router in his appartment and I need to connect to that router to get access to the internet.
I bought this adapter for a better signal but this week I got a very weird problem.
My adapter can find all the networks surrounding it except my landlord his network. But my inbuilt adapter can find my landlord's network and all the others. To clarify, here an example:

AUS036H finds:
Neighbour1 (strong signal)
Neighbour2 (strong signal)

Inbuilt adapter finds:
Neighbour1 (weak signal)
Neighbour2 (weak signal)
Landlord's network (weak signal)

What is going on? It drives me nuts!

Thanks in advance

A:AWUS036H adapter can't find specific network but inbuilt adapter can

Quote: Originally Posted by Herp

Hello

I have my AWUS036H for a few months now and it worked perfect until now.
My landlord has a router in his appartment and I need to connect to that router to get access to the internet.
I bought this adapter for a better signal but this week I got a very weird problem.
My adapter can find all the networks surrounding it except my landlord his network. But my inbuilt adapter can find my landlord's network and all the others. To clarify, here an example:

AUS036H finds:
Neighbour1 (strong signal)
Neighbour2 (strong signal)

Inbuilt adapter finds:
Neighbour1 (weak signal)
Neighbour2 (weak signal)
Landlord's network (weak signal)

What is going on? It drives me nuts!

Thanks in advance

Here is the problem, the AWUS036H can only see b or g signals, it's not 802.11n capable so it can't see N only signals. The Landlord has a router which is set to broadcast the faster setting which is 802.11n only, not mixed with b or g because that would limit the connection speed to 54Mbps.

This means that you can't see his N only signal because the AWUS036H isn't N capable. No doubt the inbuilt adaptor is N capable.

You really need to get one that can pick up b, g and more importantly n which is much faster and usually has more range.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/313981-awus036h-adapter-cant-find-specific-network-but-inbuilt-adapter-can.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Inspiron home running XP and a Latitude D XP that I used to be able to use interchangably with a Comcast modem and a Netgear WGR router A couple of weeks ago my internet connections slowed and now have ended After several phone calls to Comcast the last tech told me the problem was quot the network address showing in the device manager is different than the network address that shows in the TCIP IP settings quot I am getting an error message of quot network cable unplugged quot on the Inspiron and the red X on the second of the two adapters st is nd is Broadcam x I can get internet from the Latitude when directly connected to the cable modem but not when routed through the router for wireless We have tried multiple reconfig of the IP shutting everything down computers router modem all with no success Any help anyone can provide would be great--I still need to order Christmas presents nbsp

A:Network adapter in device manager is different than adapter in TCIP/IP settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-in-device-manager-is-different-than-adapter-in-tcip-ip-settings.886135/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I registered to forums to get help to solve wireless adapter issue I am having I have been looking for help to IP could Wifi adapter network stack protocol bind not adapter in Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter Lenovo forums and AV provider problem is still on Background I changed AV software from Symantec to F-Secure I uninstalled Symantec software and installed F-Secure software Laptop is Lenovo T What happened First I recognized that ping commands caused Windows to crash Then I uninstalled some VPN softwares and ping started to work Operation did something to wireless and LAN connections they did not work anymore LAN started to work by removing LAN drivers from device manager and reboot After reboot Windows reinstalled LAN drivers and LAN was ok Wireless is a pain in there I have tried almost everything All Lenovo provided network softwares and power management tools are uninstalled and reinstalled together with wireless drivers Wireless driver is not recognized by Windows None of automatic repairs or wifi uninstallation operations have corrected problem I collected some logs which might help but now I do not know how to proceed Windows reinstallation is something which I do not want to do ------ Device Manager Device Manager has quot Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter There are no devices with exclamation marks ------ Lenovo software diagnose repair log Issues found Detection details There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter Detected Detected Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Set up the wireless network adapter Completed Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv and Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv can be used on the network adapter InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name BF E - CA- E E- EDA- D CDCCE Repair Admin etl The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Completed Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues Detection details Expand InformationalDiagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Manufacturer Intel Corporation Provider Intel Version Inf File Name C Windows INF oem inf Inf File Date July Section Name Install MPCIEX Lenovo HMC BGN WIN Hardware ID pci ven amp dev amp subsys Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type ------- It seems there is collision between Windows registry and device manager What can I do to repair wireless Thank for your help

A:Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter

Hi Ron, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Try this to start

Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Services & Applications > Services.

Scroll down this list to find 'WLAN Auto Config'

Double click on 'WLAN Auto Config' On the general tab, select from the start up type drop down menu, select 'Automatic'. Under Service Status click on 'Start'. Then 'Apply' these settings and exit from all open control panel windows.

This should then allow Windows to set the required bindings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314713-wifi-adapter-could-not-bind-ip-protocol-stack-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 50.74%

problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

I am frequently being disconnected from the internet.

Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter) has a exclamation mark (!) in a yellow triangle in device manager.

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

When i check for solutions, it says cannot load driver software.

A:problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

See this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520

If there are no problems connected with this code31, ignore it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-microsoft-6to4-adapter-network-adapter.784178/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am currently encountering problems with my internet connection because of a problem to my computer's Network Adapter which; Realtek RT Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) additionally, I cannot watch movies with my computers Media Player because there is also a problem to the; Standard VGA Graphic Adapter.

I have tried updating in Systems but says the driver software for the device is up to date. I even tried disabling it but the problem still persist. Even scanning it incase of hardware change, but still a problem.

Is there any advice on how I can configure the problem.

A:Network Adapter and VGA Graphic Adapter problems

Originally Posted by ausred

I am currently encountering problems with my internet connection because of a problem to my computer's Network Adapter which; Realtek RT Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) additionally, I cannot watch movies with my computers Media Player because there is also a problem to the; Standard VGA Graphic Adapter.

I have tried updating in Systems but says the driver software for the device is up to date. I even tried disabling it but the problem still persist. Even scanning it incase of hardware change, but still a problem.

Is there any advice on how I can configure the problem.

Hello ausred, and welcome to Windows Vista Forums.

First, can you describe the "problems" you are having with your Ethernet card?

Can you post a screen shot of the Ethernet card entry in your "Device Manager"?

It would look like this:

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282637-network-adapter-vga-graphic-adapter-problems.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I m not totally computer-literate when it comes to hardware and such but I am fairly literate with most computer terms So in advance I apologize for any confusion a misused hardware name may cause Also before I begin let me just say that the issues hereafter discussed apply to a computer separate from this one compatability Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter This computer works fine but the one I will be talking about my computer is the one without an internet connection at the moment So recently my network adapter decided to stop working I won t go into the details but it s completely fried and I d much rather spend the money to get a new one instead of go through the hassel of trying to fix my old one And Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter compatability thus we come to question number one Do most if not all network adapter cards work with most PCs I have a Dell Dimension with Windows XP Home edition with highspeed cable internet so would pretty much any network adapter do the job My stepdad who is fairly computer-literate though often too cocky about it says that pretty much all network adapters will work with any computer unless the computer and network adapter are old or new respectively Also what are the most reliable brands of network adapters What kind of details about the product should I look for when purchasing Now on to the second part of my post wireless internet adapter For a while my computer has been a few feet from the router because we had have no way for a cord to reach anywhere else particularly my room Now because of spacing issues in this room I am being forced to relocate my computer My choices are these a Buy a wireless network adapter so I can move my computer to my room or b Have an internet-less computer for an indeterminate amount of time Obviously I prefer the former So my next question is basically the same as the first one but about wireless internet adapters rather than network adapters Do wireless adapters work universaly for computers Again I have a Dell Dimension with highspeed cable internet so I m pretty sure the speed of the wireless adapter is important And again what are the best most reliable brands of wireless adapters What product details should I be looking for I hope I ve provided all of the necessary information I m most likely going to be ordering the aforementioned hardware bits off of NewEgg com or some other similar computer hardware site I don t know if that helps in answering the question s at all but I figured any additional information may help Thanks to all of those who have taken the time to read my questions and I appreciate any response greatly nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey everyone,

Got an issue with a friend of a friends laptop. 

The person wants to turn off network discovery so noone on his network can access his PC. (this seems simple eh?)

When it does this it alerts him that he must turn on Windows Firewall to do so but he already has a firewall with a paid for Norton 360 package.

So we're in a loop. He turns network discovery off --> Windows firewall turns on --> Norton doesn't work until you turn Windows firewall off --> Network discovery turns on.

Any ideas here?

A:Disabling network discovery.

It is a sad but true statement that Norton does not play well with others.

There are two simple things you can do.  Get rid of Norton and download a free antivirus like Avast free, there are good firewalls which are free as well, Comodo is a good example.

The second thing is a question they need to ask themselves... if they don't want other accessing their computer why are they on a network?

Another thought... use a wifi router to make your connection and don't let anyone know the password.

Five ways to protect your wifi router.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540882/disabling-network-discovery/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

The network adapter keeps disabling itself and I have to manually re-enable it each time. Would anyone know of any reasons why this would be happening? Anything thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

A:Network card keeps disabling

One all purpose fix is to delete the device in Device Manager after booting to safe mode. When you reboot in normal mode Windows will reinstall it. You may want to copy all your settings for the NIC if anything is other than default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345863-network-card-keeps-disabling.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm running a W7 64 bit machine and was wondering if there is an easy way to temporarily disable Network Adapters on my machine?

A:Disabling network adapters

Hey rocks911,

Hope this small tutorial can help you and you get what you are desiring to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319071-disabling-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I know this is probably a very very stupid question. I dont know much about my computer and i need to know...

if i disable my network connection...
will i be able to enable the same connection again later?

sorry. and thank you.

A:disabling the network connection

Yes, you can disable/enable them at will.

You might have to re-enter a password though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disabling-the-network-connection-207066.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys,

I install novell network accidentally and i've tried to log on computer only but my laptop is asking for username and password which I never set up because this laptop was new and the safe mode isn't activated yet. Now, I dont what to do beacase i cant get through safe mode and i dont how disable this novell network app. Is there anyone can help me regarding this big problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/46478-novell-network-disabling.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I am having a lot of users. If there is some way to disable the Network Properties. then please inform, it will be very useful....my main objective is that users should not be able to see there Ip by Right Clicking on the Network Places icon or some other way
OS is Windows Xp...

Waiting for a positive reply...

Regards

Relevancy 48.16%

Bear with me as I am a newbie to networking. I got a Netgear WGR614 router and have it hardwired on a Win XP SP2 PC. It is working fine. My other PC is Win98SE and I got a Netgear WG111v2 USB 2.0 adapter for that PC. I had some trouble installing it but finally got it done. My download speed on that PC is about 650K, where my other PC is 1500K. I am using a Broadband modem. What I was wondering is would a Network card make the speed any faster compared to the USB adapter, as my 98SE PC only has 1.1 USB and not 2.0, or is it slower because the PC is just old!...confused...thanks for any insight......Carole

A:Network Card adapter or USB 2.0 adapter?

Well, it's hard to imagine USB being faster than the Ethernet, not to mention that Ethernet is more stable for networking. The slow downloads may just be the machine, the network drivers, or the adapter itself. I only use USB adapters as a temporary measure to test machines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-adapter-or-usb-2-0-adapter.438411/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello people:

I run a dual boot WinXP and Win2K pro config. I've noted that Win2K will behave strangely when I disconnect from the network (disabled under network settings). For example, the mouse pointer will become slow and often a clicking sound seems to come out of nowhere as if I were laying on the keyboard. Otherwise, the system runs fine with the network connections enabled. How to fix....?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-goes-abnormal-when-disabling-the-network.725102/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am a teacher in a computer Classroom. We are on a school network and certain students abuse the internet privalages. Is there a way for me to restrict the internet for a certain computer in the network besides unplugging an ethernet cord?

A:Disabling internet on one computer in a network

Sounds like a question for your Network Admins.
We had a Network Group we could put the kids in when we wanted to restrict Network access. This of course has to be done on the server level. If they were in the NO INTERNET group they were blocked from the Internet on the Proxy Server that goes out to the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-internet-on-one-computer-in-a-network.1030895/
Relevancy 48.16%

Well I got a free computer from my work because it was not working. The problem was that the power supply was busted. Now that I have a free working computer I cannot log in becuase it still ask for my work password and user name.
My question is if there is anyway I can bypass this and use this computer?

Relevancy 48.16%

If this question belongs network in java using while Crash ie after disabling elsewhere Crash while disabling network after using java in ie please let me know The problem I recently started playing chess online The site uses Java for the game interface it works fine When I leave the site or close Crash while disabling network after using java in ie IE still no problem However if I then try to diasble my local area conection via the network connections the comp crashes If I have auto restart on failure off i get BSOD I have tracked error code after code to no avail here's the details Details only happens after using that site and java and then trying to disable connection The event viewer has no error logs at all except for which it generates for Crash while disabling network after using java in ie the crash event All drivers are up to date as far as I or a driverguide can tell No hardware has been added or changed and chkdisk scandisk confirms all drives operating normally All virus adware hook virus ADS Hijack this scans are clean Memory memtest is clean Error report and dump logs are as follows Any help in interpreting this info or a solution is much appreciated P S I highly suspect this is a driver issue although I can't figure which Or an IE issue P P S Only once the crash happened after closing IE before I tried to disable the network but after about times of the problem happening the exact same way i have not been able to duplicate that instance P P P S I have tried driver verifier but dont understand it well enough to inerpret any data it gives Computer Info OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire E System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD R -B SMBIOS Version Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Using IE most current version no betas or RCs or anything like that System Error Time PMCategory Type Error Event ID User N A Error code c parameter parameter parameter parameter afd Bytes d System E f rror Er f f ror code c d Param eters c c c afd Words d f f f d c c c Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is C WINDOWS Symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Sat Nov GMT- System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck C afd WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for win k sys Probably caused by win k sys win k BRUSHSELOBJ BRUSHSELOBJ Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL c An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool Run the driver verifier against any new or suspect drivers and if that doesn't turn up the culprit then use gflags to enable special pool Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg afd address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR xC CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt ExFreePoolWithTag f afd mov dword ptr eax ecx CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME iexplore exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from a to afd STACK TEXT b f c a f nt ExFreePoolWithTag x f... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crash-while-disabling-network-after-using-java-in-ie-126291.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have searched the forums and cannot find this info elsewhere If this question belongs elsewhere please let me know This is my first post and I will do my best to make it concise yet complete The problem I recently started playing chess online The site uses Java for the game interface it works fine When I leave the site or close IE still no problem However if I then try to diasble my local area conection via the network connections the comp crashes If I have auto java after disabling in while network Crash ie using restart on failure off i get BSOD I have tracked error code after code to no avail here s the details Details only happens Crash while disabling network after using java in ie after using that site and java and then trying to disable connection The event viewer has no error logs at all except for which it generates for the crash event All drivers are up to date as far as I or a driverguide can tell No hardware has been added or changed and chkdisk scandisk confirms all drives operating normally All virus adware hook virus ADS Crash while disabling network after using java in ie Hijack this scans are clean Memory memtest is clean Error report and dump logs are as follows Any help in interpreting this info or a solution is much appreciated P S I highly suspect this is a driver issue although I can t figure which Or an IE issue P P S Only once the crash happened after closing IE before I tried to disable the network but after about times of the problem happening the exact same way i have not been able to duplicate that instance P P P S I have tried driver verifier but dont understand it well enough to inerpret any data it gives Computer Info OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire E System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD R -B SMBIOS Version Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Using IE most current version no betas or RCs or anything like that System Error Time PMCategory Type Error Event ID User N A Error code c parameter parameter parameter parameter afd Bytes d System E f rror Er f f ror code c d Param eters c c c afd Words d f f f d c c c Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is C WINDOWS Symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Sat Nov GMT- System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck C afd WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for win k sys Probably caused by win k sys win k BRUSHSELOBJ BRUSHSELOBJ Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL c An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool Run the driver verifier against any new or suspect drivers and if that doesn t turn up the culprit then use gflags to enable special pool Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg afd address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR xC CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt ExFreePoolWithTag f afd mov dword ptr eax ecx CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME iexplore... Read more

A:Crash while disabling network after using java in ie

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crash-while-disabling-network-after-using-java-in-ie.517567/
Relevancy 47.73%

I ve had this issue before and a simple router reset fixed it last time Not this time however and I have no clue what to do I ll explain in detail guest and disabling enabling network will connect. After nothing whats going on I purchased a WNDR v probably around two months back and since then After enabling and disabling guest network nothing will connect. I haven t had any issues with it Now I like to keep the security setting on WPA -PSK for the security but my brothers and my own Nintendo DS don t support this security for connecting So since my previous router had a guest network I decided to activate and deactivate that network with no security when it was needed Half hour or less and I haven t had any issues until doing this with the WNDR v Basically what happens is after disabling the guest network again no wireless devices can connect to the router PERIOD Upon trying to connect it also says quot You are unable to connect right after it verifies the password I spent a few hours trying to fix it but I haven t gotten anywhere really What I have tried-v -Resetting the Router -Powercycling the Router -Resetting it to factory defaults and restoring previous settings -Enabling and disabling the network -Deleting the original network saved on the computers and connecting as if from a new network -Also tried restarting my computers -Updating the firmware For some odd reason I couldn t find any firmware last week I researched it a bit and found some solid leads but nothing that fixed the issue The only quot Fix quot I could find was disabling the security and leaving it open Which I would prefer not to do for obvious reasons Any help would be greatly appreciated Router Type Netgear Wireless Dual-Band N Router WNDR v Firmware V nbsp

A:After enabling and disabling guest network nothing will connect.

Why not use WPA-PSK? Most devices support that, and in practice it is just as secure as WPA2.

Sorry, but I have no clue about the cause of your current problem. Suggest that you make sure you have the latest firmware and then reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-enabling-and-disabling-guest-network-nothing-will-connect.1072029/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm using windows xp and every time a user logs in it offers to remember passwords when a user logs into the network or any servers. Does anybody know how to disable this?

A:disabling saving network user passwords

Go to Start | Run
Type in regedit
Find one, the other or both of the following keys in the left pane:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\Network

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Network

In the right pane, you may see DisablePwdCaching, with a value of 0 (zero), double click to change the value to 1 (one)

If it doesn't exist, right click the key, click New | DWORD Value
Name it DisablePwdCaching,
double click to change the value to 1 (one)
For all users I suggest that you use the HKey_Local_Machine to set the policy
You will need to log off Windows for it to take effect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-saving-network-user-passwords.142270/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello people:

I run a dual boot config (Win2K & XP pro) with my system. Under Win2K (SP4), if I disable the network through any known method, it causes the mouse to become really slow and sometimes a rapid clicking sound in the background, as if someone were holding a key on the kb. Even if I reenable the network connection, the mouse pointer will remain slow. It seems that a warm boot fixes the symptoms until I disable the network.
Otherwise, the system runs completely normal. I'd obviously like to fix this so that I don't have to have the network connection enabled 24/7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-the-win2k-network-causes-abnormal-behavior.724821/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm running Windows 7 and have seen other posts on this, but none of the resolutions seem to work for me. I'm unable to connect to the internet - my desktop can view other computers on the network, but the internet is still screwed up. Under active networks it sees my work network, and then one named "Unidentified network." Tech support will fix it, but then upon restart, it goes right back to being disabled.

I've done route delete 0.0.0.0, disabled and troubleshooted the adapter, updated my drivers, disabling the firewall, and there's no bonjour to be found. I'm running out of ideas here - any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a problem with disabling the network user name and password prompt I have desktop and laptops all running win Ultimate x Everything Password Help for Win ulitmate Prompt & with disabling x64 Network was working find till I had a fatal crash HD crash Had to reinstall everything new on a Fresh HD With the New install my laptops can't access my desktop with out a network name and password HOWEVER my desktop can access share files on both laptops Help with disabling Network Password Prompt for Win & ulitmate x64 but not the other way around I've had things working Help with disabling Network Password Prompt for Win & ulitmate x64 before and nothing has changed except the new OS install on a new HD I don't understand what I am missing All comps are able to see each other I just cant get rid of the prompt for the user name and password when trying to access the fresh install on my desktop I've gone in to the advance network sharing settings and check the radio button to quot turn off password protected sharing quot That should have done the trick It seems to work on my laptops but NO DICE Last desperate thing I even set up a HOMEGROUP which i never needed to since i got the file share to work fine BUT even in the HOMEGROUP the same prompt for a user name and password keeps popping up when trying to access the desktop and Not from the desktop to the laptops So I have to be missing a really simple setting somewhere please help

A:Help with disabling Network Password Prompt for Win & ulitmate x64

I am absolutely confused!!!

I made a second user on the desktop computer and the same user (name and pass) on one of the laptops.
Turned ON the password protection setting on the desktop.

Logged in on the laptop with the same user...and then on the laptop that is not the same user and file sharing WORKED ON BOTH????

Deleted the same user on the laptop and file sharing stopped and password prompt came back...but the untouched laptop with no settings changed can still access the DESKTOP computer?

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195780-help-disabling-network-password-prompt-win-ulitmate-x64.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all,

My laptop tends to install all the printers on the network where I work. I dont use any of those printers and having them installed is pointless and a pain. I can delete them, but it will go and install them all again. Is there anyway I can disable this so it doesn't keep doing it?

A:Disabling Auto Network Printer Install

You just turn off that feature. See Drivers - Turn Off Automatic Driver Installation - Windows 7 Help Forums Even though it is for 7, it works for Windows 8.x.x.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47259-disabling-auto-network-printer-install.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello This computer had malware like vosteran multioplug seachextensions goobzo rockettab installcore I was able to remove them using Malwarebytes The computer seemed to be fine for a few days after that until the network stopped working The wireless network icon has a red x I can't open the the -Can't open network, can't connect Log network adapter HickJackThis to settings Open Network and Sharing Center unless I'm in safe mode and HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings I can't open the network adapter settings it says that windows explorer has an error and closes the window I also tried to connect a usb network adapter and an ethernet ExpressCard but it wouldn't install them It won't read usb memories either unless they were installed previous to this incident I booted the computer with bitdefender and scaned it It found a few trojan infected e-mails that were removed No more viruses have been found after that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX x en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR EXE C Program Files x Fortinet FortiClient FortiTray exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrres exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Intel IntelAppStore bin ismagent exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrobat sl exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT SCHTASK exe C Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client GreenList exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client WhiteList exe C Users Administrator Desktop HickjackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - B D - D - A B-AE - A DA - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Partner BHO Class - FF F - C - b -B BA-C DDD E C - C ProgramData Partner Partner dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO IEPlugin - C CD -A CB- D -A F -D F A BE - C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client VIPAddOnForIE dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO... Read more

A:HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings

Greetings justreboot and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. While I review our situation please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop <<< ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same timeType msinfo32 and press EnterLeft click on System SummaryClick File, Save, and name the file SummaryZip and attach the file to your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. FRST resultsAddition logSys... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565566/hickjackthis-log-cant-connect-to-network-cant-open-network-adapter-settings/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus es from my laptop My Windows Firewall Defender and Updates would not work still won't my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues I installed MalwareBytes and Zone Alarm in addition to my Microsoft Security Essentials and restarted my computer once - everything seemed fine I went to delete a few programs from my computer via the control panel just unneeded things like Canon software I don't even use anymore My computer told me I needed to restart so I did and when connection wireless driver adapter network Problems with and network it turned back on I suddenly had no more Internet access It registers that my Internet providers are being picked up on as in it says Silver Moose is emitting a signal yet I have quot limited access Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver quot and all other devices using the network in my home are working just fine I tried troubleshooting and it says that there Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver are problems with the wireless Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver network adapter and the driver for wireless network connection adapter I've read that removing a access will render someone Internet-less but some people have overcome this However every thread I've already taken a look at don't exactly fit with my problems computer model so I wanted to stay on the safe side and get help fitted exactly to me I have Windows bit a Gateway model NV I don't know if my processor Intel R Core details are needed If so I'll gladly provide them I ran ipconfig all and was about to transfer a copy of it from my messed up computer to this one via a flash drive but suddenly I've found that my computer doesn't recognize a flash drive at all anymore So it's very very messed up indeed I would REALLY like to know what I can do to try and make this situation better or if a system restore is the best option I don't know how to use system restore or what it all does so if you do recommend that can you please offer and explanation of the options it'll give me Will it give a time period I want to backtrack to I feel really helpless here so thanks a ton for any and all help

A:Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver

First with this remove Zone alarm, while it use to be a great product, it cause more issues than it's worth these days.
Next, Start menu-> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on command prompt and run as Administrator.

Type in netsh winsock reset and reboot, see if the combination of these will help.

Otherwise, system restore is very simple to use and will only affect programs installed, not your personal files. If this doesn't solve the issue pick a time before the rootkit, a couple weeks if possible, and just restore it. You can scroll through all the date to make note of any changes that will be made. Make sure to re-install your AV and Malwarebytes afterwards to keep you protected.

Also, I do not work for Malwarebytes, but $29 for a lifetime license and an active protection module is absolutely worth it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252548-problems-wireless-network-adapter-network-connection-driver.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All Please can anyone help I have done something and I don t know what I have just bought a new a IP Connection' Solved: does Help have Network not 'wireless a valid adapter network computer a compaq running windows AMD athlon tm IIx processor I had no problems connecting it to the internet it has Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a a wired ethernet cable which plugged to my Thompson router and worked straight away I also have a Toshiba satellite L - laptop running Vista with wireless internet connection At this stage I was getting internet on my new PC and wireless internet on the laptop The problem came when I tried to set up a home network I have done it previously on the old pc running Windows XP with no problems however I am not sure what I have done but I can get internet on the PC but on the laptop it is connecting to the wireless network but not the internet In the network and sharing centre it shows the laptop connected to an Unidentified network but then there is a cross through the line connecting it to the internet In Network and Internet Network connections I double clicked on Wireless Network Connection and then on diagnose I got a box with the heading - The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configeration I am a bit bewildered what to do and thought it better to seek help rather than fumble around in the dark Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-a.1016800/
Relevancy 47.3%

I saw another post that had the exact same problem I m having just that my problem is on a desktop We got wireless internet a few months ago and my desktop was working fine with it Have a wireless adapter for Wireless Losing Adapter Computer and Network Network Recognition the internet Then a few weeks ago the internet started randomly disconnecting from only my computer I thought it was a network problem But then I hit something and the internet was working fine again for a few weeks Now it s Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition on the fritz Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition again starting yesterday When I try disconnecting and then reconnecting to the network it will tell me that there were no networks to connect to And when I unplug the adapter and plug it back in to the usb ports it ll tell me that my computer can t recognize the adapter that it s malfunctioning I ve tried the adapter in all the ports and it gives me the same message I have to restart my computer to get it to both recognize the adapter and the network so it ll connect again once it s restarted The internet will last for random periods of time When the internet goes out I get the yellow triangle error thing first on the network icon it doesn t just go right to there being nothing period and having the X symbol only after I try disconnecting from the network Sometimes all day then I ll leave the computer on over night and find the internet is out again on it in the morning Or it ll last for only a few minutes Sometimes the computer won t lose the network if I try disconnecting and reconnecting from the network It ll reconnect to the local network but when it s trying to find the network to connect to the internet it can t find it It ll say undiscovered network I thought maybe the adapter was faulty so I ve tried switching it with the adapter from another computer It still did the same thing with the other adapter And nothing is wrong with the adapter I was using it worked fine in the other computer when I put it in Both adapters are good When the usb ports stop working for the adapter it s only the adapter having problems Everything else still works fine I have no clue what the problem could be I never had any network internet problems when we had wired internet Here is the system info for my computer I really need help this is causing me heart attacks x x I really don t understand much about computers so if any help could be explained really simply and in a lot of detail so I can understand I d really appreciate it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Nettle Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition

Do other usb devices work fine on the computer? For instance, if you plug in a thumb drive the computer, is the computer able to recognize the drive as well as read/write data to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-losing-wireless-network-adapter-and-network-recognition.1056416/
Relevancy 47.3%

This is a desktop PC with Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Up until yesterday the PC had perfect internet access via ethernet When I came to use it last night - no access The situation The sys tray icon has a red cross and mouse over produces Not connected - no connections are available The network Adapter is a Realtek PCIe Solved: and not Centre Network Adapter Network in Sharing showing GBE Family Controller and is showing in Device Manager and according to the properties is working correctly The network diagnostics troubleshooter finds the following - Windows could not automatically detect this network s proxy settings When I open Network and Sharing Centre and then click on Change Adapter Solved: Network Adapter not showing in Network and Sharing Centre Settings there is nothing showing in the Network Connection If I click on Connect to a network I get No connections available If I click on Set Solved: Network Adapter not showing in Network and Sharing Centre up a new connection I get Windows did not detect any networking hardware What I have tried I have uninstalled the network adapter from device manager and then reinstalled it Still showing as ok I have run netsh int ip reset quot and quot netsh winsock reset quot I have downloaded and installed the latest adapter drivers I noticed a Windows Critical update had been done at so I restored the system to before that update I restored further back than that update to two days previously None of the above worked and I m not sure what else to try Has the actual hardware failed or is there something else I can do nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I m new to this so bear with me I know there are a lot of forum posts on this on this forum and many others but manager connections network in network 7) available and no No device adapter (windows after hours of trawling through them and getting nowhere I No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) thought I would make a thread with my specific problem and see if anyone No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) can help I got my new graphics card yesterday and after hours of trying to get that to work it s in and working but now I have a red cross where it says my internet is connected and when I click on it it says No Connections are No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) available I have a wired connection and the ethernet cable is in there is no light on my mobo to confirm this When I troubleshoot it says Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter If you have a network adapter you will need to reinstall the driver I have got my MOBO CD and attempted to do that but the gigabyte interface is completely missing and I can t find the network adapter on there I have also tried downloading the new drivers first on my laptop and running them on the PC but that had no success and the second time through my Iphone personal hotspot but with the same results I know the ethernet cable works because I have put it in my laptop I have a Gigabyte H MA-D v Mobo i K GB Ram GTX Running Windows Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I m close to putting my foot through my PC Thanks James nbsp

A:No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-available-and-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-windows-7.1117129/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all,
I have created a universal Windows 7 Pro 64-bit image. There are zero issues when using this image apart from one. When I add it to the domain, it seems to set the NLA service (Network Location Awareness) to Disabled when it was originally set to automatic. Now, I can set it back to Automatic, but it's a real pain and I have been searching far and wide for a fix. Does anyone know why this would happen? As far as I can tell it doesnt happen all the time, but most of the time when I add a PC to the domain. From what I can tell, it isnt part of the group policy, as non-imaged win 7 pro 64-bit PCs do not have this issue.
Is there some way I can prevent this from happening? I'd be grateful for any help anyone might offer.
Thanks,
Seanboy

A:Network Location Awareness Service - Keeps disabling itself in Win7

From what I read about this problem may have to do with one of the Windows updates and that resetting winsock is supposed to fix it. To reset winsock just follow the procedure below.

1. Click start, type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe, click Run as administrator, and then press Continue.

2. Type netsh winsock reset at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

Note If the command is typed incorrectly, you will receive an error message. Type the command again. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt. Then, go to step 3.

3. Type exit, and then press ENTER. You should be prompted to reboot, if not you should reboot and test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/95791-network-location-awareness-service-keeps-disabling-itself-win7.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Friends I have a Gateway NV managing enabling/disabling not well network adapters Win8 L U amd a -based quot laptop with win it works pretty well except for a Win8 not managing well enabling/disabling network adapters few things that I suspect are related and I suspect all three are due to how is managing the drivers of the devices - Network performance in terms of starting up latching the WIFI AP successfully and getting online is unreliable oddly it seems that it does not like disabling the Ethernet CAT device leaving the WIFI enabled If I leave both enabled wifi performance seems more stable gaining and holding the connection - When I disable the CAT connection using the windows adapter settings pane the utility will hang but not consistently sometimes it hangs until it is forced to stop via taskmanager or restart but not always sometimes it merely takes a VERY long time - showing the hated hourglass while it takes as long as - minutes - Shutdowns and or restarts can take an extremely long time However it seems again that if both network adapters are enabled builtin wifi and builtin Ethernet the reboot or shutdown seems to go a bit more normally - Sometimes the WIFI will not actually connect as evidenced by IE and or Chrome being unable to access the network if I check windows using the taskbar widget it will show the system quot Connected to quot the AP and having quot Internet Access quot That little utility is mis-reporting When I DISABLE the WIFI adapter via control panel util the little taskbar widget may or may not still show the WIFI Device as quot Connected quot I assume that the adjustment of that feedback mechanism is caught waiting for something so slow to respond to the disabling of the device Yes I have uninstalled via windows both devices AND their drivers and reinstalled each using fresh checked driver files from Gateway Acer all the issues were there before and after all tips advice helps appreciated

A:Win8 not managing well enabling/disabling network adapters

Hi cognus,

You seem pretty well versed in troubleshooting so I doubt that I can help you; however, I will make the following statements based on my experience with Windows 8 and this experience comes from using a desktop and Laptop on a daily basis:

Win 8 is the fastest starting OS I've ever used - 6 second boot to desktop
Win 8 has the fastest shutdown times I've ever experienced - desktop about 1-2 seconds, laptop about 3-5 seconds
My laptop has no wifi connectivity issues under Win 8 - in fact, I could almost swear that it is running faster than Win 7

Now, if I were you, and I were starting to troubleshoot this issue, I would be focusing on the connectivity to the router, the protocols being used by your desktop and laptop, and the capabilities of the router. So, is the router Win 8 Ready. Can it handle both IPV4 and IPV6? The reason I'm focusing my attention in that area is because I had an old router when I first installed Win 8 and my connection speeds seemed to be suffering a bit; however, once I upgraded my router to one with 10/100/1000 ports that was IPV4 and IPV6 capable (eg Win 8 ready), everything improved immensely. Please understand that I am just generalizing here so take the information for what it might be worth. Good luck.

Oh, one more thing. Did you do a clean install of Win 8? If so, what partition structure did you end up with? 350MB system reserved + the rest to C: (for a legacy install)? If not, and you somehow did a Win 8 install, using the original Gateway partition structure, I can almost guarantee you that this would cause some issues.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/27805-win8-not-managing-well-enabling-disabling-network-adapters.html
Relevancy 46.87%

For at least a few weeks now my PC is non-stop generating network traffic about kB s while doing MULTIPLE_IRP network error when message disabling connection absolutely nothing - all download no upload I never knew why but since it didn t really cause any trouble I didn t pay any more attention to it Since a couple of days though I m having some trouble and I can t figure it out by myself When MULTIPLE_IRP error message when disabling network connection I boot my PC everything is perfectly fine for about minutes After that it starts generating that weird network traffic and I can t access any other computers on my LAN anymore can t ping hostnames can t ping IPs can t MULTIPLE_IRP error message when disabling network connection access them through windows sharing VNC anything I can still access my router and internet works just fine as well So I tried messing around with some settings and when I tried disabling my network connection I got a bluescreen that said MULTIPLE IRP COMPLETE REQUESTS and then at the end STOP x x DBB F x D x x pic added in attachment - there s a bad flash in the middle but it only covers the regular BSOD text If there s anything I should translate please tell me After a reboot the previous paragraph repeats itself If I wait for the Weird Network Traffic of Doom to start and then I disable my network connection I get the bluescreen again I looked around for a while and tried some solutions that worked for people with the same x error but nothing worked for me I also tried updating my chipset drivers to the most recent ones downloaded today from nvidia com but that didn t help either Oh yeah there are no s or s in device manager - something someone asked in a similar thread just thought I d answer that in advance My motherboard is an MSI K N-SLI Platinum with an AMD GB ram a GF GT and a Promise PCI S-ATA ATA controller USB-wise I use a wireless keyboard mouse receiver a wired keyboard that I sometimes switch for a camera or memory stick and two external hard drives Running Win XP Pro SP If there s any info I left out please let me know Any attempt to help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have stopped and disabled the "Function Discovery Resource Publication" in services.msc, yet my computer continues to be discovered on the network, with access to all shared files etc... I have restarted the PC several times and tried starting/stopping/re-disabling twice as well. I know it was working properly (invisible on the network) yesterday. How is this possible?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390523-stll-discovered-network-even-after-disabling-service-fdrespub.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I've been experiencing a variety of problems Google redirects resultant searches redirect to advertisements or another search engine Random spawning of web page google com webhp Network becomes disabled Network settings in unprintable letters On boot up no desktop icons or taskbar just wallpaper Using any form of anti-Spyware anti-Malware or AntiVirus results in Debug window unhandled Win exception in svchost exe Gmer would result in auto reboot or debug window svchost exe Attached files attach txt ark txt Sections C drive GMer died using the orig settings DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by redirects, Google gone disabling, Icons Desktop network OCONNELL at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Google redirects, network disabling, Desktop Icons gone Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Google redirects, network disabling, Desktop Icons gone Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe c oracle ora bin ORACLE EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files VMware VMware Server vmware-authd exe C Program Files Common Files VMware VMware Virtual Image Editing vmount exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files VMware VMware Server vmserverdWin exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C My Downloads Security dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www metacrawler com uDefault Page URL hxxp www msn com mDefault Page URL hxxp www msn com mStart Page hxxp www msn com uCustomizeSearch hxxp ie search msn com uSearchURL Default about blank mWinlogon Userinit c windows system Userinit exe BHO HelperObject Class c d-c - c - -fce ad c - c program files techsmith snagit SnagItBHO dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO MSN Toolbar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB SnagIt ff e -abde- eb-b e-d aab cabe - c program files techsmith snagit SnagItIEAddin dll TB MSN Toolbar e ed c- cb - d -b e -ab c c - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll TB FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - No File TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB -D C - - FA - E EAAC - No File TB BC A- - D - AC -E B A BA C - No File EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File EB amp Discuss bdeade f-c - d -bced- a c ab f - shdocvw dll uRun ISUSPM quot c program files common files installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler uRun H PC Connection Agent quot c program files microsoft activesync WCESCOMM EXE quot mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun ccApp c program files common files symantec s... Read more

A:Google redirects, network disabling, Desktop Icons gone

Attachments for the above post
Cheers
Brewmeister

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/google-redirects-network-disabling-desktop-icons-gone-525834.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have windows 7 Ultimate installed (was originally installed as a clean install) and have ever since it was RTM. Everything has been running flawlessly and still is except for one thing. My network cards don't show up under Network and Sharing Center, but they do show normally under device manager and my network connection is rock solid. Currenly I'm plugged into a 10/100mb At&t U-Verse Residential Gateway (router). Because of this I can't manage either of my NICs and I can't join my homegroup.

The NICs are intergrated into the motherboard. The NICs are Nvidia nForce adapters.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Or at least know where I can go to figure this out?

Thank you!!

A:Network Adapter Not Shown in Network and Sharing Center

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest drivers from Nvidia?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74958-network-adapter-not-shown-network-sharing-center.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Our internet service provider updated our internet speed from 100mbps to 1000mbps for no extra cost. We had a Netgear n150 wireless router but it wouldn't support the 1000mbps speed. We were told we needed to upgrade to a r6300 netgear router which is capable of 1000mbps. Now were are told we need to install an ethernet PCI network card or a network adapter. I am told we have to have a 2.0 port for the network adapter to work. It would be cheaper for us to install the internal Ethernet PCI Card, my problem is I don't know which one to buy. I know we need one that is rated 1000mbps, are these universal or will we have to buy one that fits each brand of computer?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hallo i have a problem with my network card in my laptop. I have acer 7730g. So i connect cable in ethernet card with my router and light blinks fine but no network connection shows in Network Adapters. So here is the pictures in Device Manager:

http://i.imgur.com/GP4VLvl.jpg?1

Probably is Bridge 8280 in PCI ? I dont know . Something must to change but i dont know what.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386081-network-device-pci-not-detect-windows-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I've had my current rig for a couple years now but recently did a clean install of Vista Home Premium x I was previously runnin x with no major networking problems I use my Xbox as a media center Transferring/Streaming Hangs When from Adapter Network Network extender but because Network Adapter Hangs When Transferring/Streaming from Network most of my video files are divx xvid I use TVersity as a transcoder Since intalling x my network adapter would freeze and disconnect while streaming a video to my Xbox Thinking it was a problem with TVersity I decided to use my original Xbox to play the files Unfortunately when FTPing to my Xbox I had the same problem- the network adapter would hang and only recover after a hard reboot It also caused my primary processor core to max out at but there was no process or service shown to still be utilizing the processor I have tried both IE and SmartFTP to rule out a software issue and have used both a network connection w router and a direct crossover cable to rule out the router as a problm I use BitDefender but have also tried it with my firewall turned off Have updated all the relevant drivers and messed around with the NIC speed amp duplex settings with no avail Specs are as follows please help -KW Vista Home Premium x Itel Quad Core ghz gig ram EVGA nVidia i SLI Dual onboard nVidia Network Adapters

A:Network Adapter Hangs When Transferring/Streaming from Network

Hi ConFUZEd wulf,

What type/model of network adapter are you using with Vista64?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/160881-network-adapter-hangs-when-transferring-streaming-network.html
Relevancy 46.87%

is there any solutions for this problem?
it's really bugging me
i already try to fix it by manage the device manager (network adapters)

A:Problem with wireless network adapter or acces network

Hello razuke, Welcome to SevenForums : Can we get a bit more information to assist you ? Please do this : System Info - See Your System Specs . After updating your profile pls do this to enable us to have information to help you out : Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread . Thank you , we will try out best to assist you in this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343229-problem-wireless-network-adapter-acces-network.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a linksys usb600n (v2) using the Win7 driver from linksys. It installs and is displayed correctly in Device Manger - BUT it doesn't appear in the Network and Sharing Center as an adapter. This same device and driver were previously working just fine in this system - but I rebuilt the OS (clean install) after testing a number of security products out.

The initial install went fine - no problems that I remember - just plug in the adapter and install the drivers obtained from Linksys (Ver 3.00.01.0). I tried the same thing on the re-build and it looks fine until I go into the Network Center and can't set up wireless networking since the adapter does not appear.

SIW shows TWO (2) linksys USB adapters under Hardware/Network Adapters, but does not show the network adapters in the Network Information section.

Any ideas?

A:Network Adapter Not Shown in Network and Sharing Center

Quote: Originally Posted by dhartmann4030

I have a linksys usb600n (v2) using the Win7 driver from linksys. It installs and is displayed correctly in Device Manger - BUT it doesn't appear in the Network and Sharing Center as an adapter. This same device and driver were previously working just fine in this system - but I rebuilt the OS (clean install) after testing a number of security products out.

The initial install went fine - no problems that I remember - just plug in the adapter and install the drivers obtained from Linksys (Ver 3.00.01.0). I tried the same thing on the re-build and it looks fine until I go into the Network Center and can't set up wireless networking since the adapter does not appear.

SIW shows TWO (2) linksys USB adapters under Hardware/Network Adapters, but does not show the network adapters in the Network Information section.

Any ideas?

Hi dhartmann. Welcome to Windows Seven Forums!

It would seem that your computer is confused!! I would suggest, while the usb adapter is plugged in, you remove all drivers in "Device manager". Then unplug the usb adapter and reboot the computer. After Windows has loaded, check "Device manager" again for any remnants of usb adapter drivers. If it is clean, plug the adapter in again so that the usb driver can install again but this time with only one instance. That should un-confuse your computer and allow the adapter to appear in network adapters again.

Let us know if this provides a solution or if we need to try something else?

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/22044-network-adapter-not-shown-network-sharing-center.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a sony vaio running windows vista home premium My local area adapter is Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Connection Although the ethernet cable is plugged in I cannot connect to the internet I am in a college dorm and have tried connecting the laptop to others cables who are not having connection problems Yet my computer still cannot connect Note My computer was NOT having issues a few days ago and had been working fine for a couple of weeks Since then I haven t changed any settings etc etc I have updated the driver for the Marvell Yukon adapter which hasn t rectified the problem I have also tried resetting the winsock catalog I forget the exact name of the commands but there was two of them I typed in using the command prompt Both were completed successfully but did not solve the problem Network Can't the Adapter Network Error- to Connect Vista I have also compared my settings with another recent Marvell Yukon adapter in IPv and IPv with a friend s computer to verify that the same options are selected and they are identical Both Vista Network Adapter Error- Can't Connect to the Network are set up to get automatically assigned IP addresses The exact message Vista Network Adapter Error- Can't Connect to the Network I get when trying to diagnose and repair the local connection is quot Plug cable into the Network Adapter Local Area Connection quot The computer is very new within the past few months and I ve done basic searches of the registry and startup files to see if anything nasty had managed to get in although I would expect much worse problems if that were the case and I haven t found anything Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated If there s another thread somewhere with this problem that I missed while searching the site I apologize for the double topic Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Whenever I take my laptop to school, I can't connect to the wireless network until I reset the network adapter.

When I go back home, it switches to my wireless router without a problem (usually). Sometimes when I change locations while on campus, I have to reset the network adapter again.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello people:

I get strange behavior in Win2K (SP4; dual boot config with WinXP pro) when I disable the network in the Network Connections folder. Afterwards the pointer begins to lag on screen. Often there is also a distinct background clicking sound that's heard as if someone were laying on the keyboard. When the connection is enabled, all's well, but a warm boot is required to bring around normal behavior. What's up here?

A:Solved: Strange behavior in Win2K when disabling network connections.

Sounds like something that's running on the machine is looking for the network connection. I think I'd start with virus/spyware scans first, and work from there. Does it have problems with the network disabled if you boot in Safe Mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-strange-behavior-in-win2k-when-disabling-network-connections.725588/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,

at work we are having a small home network of 6 Pcs four of them running on Windows 7 Ultimate and two of them running on windows xp.
Since one of the pcs running on windows 7 Ultimate will be accessed by a wider number of people we don't want them to be able to see our network structure and consequently tamper with it. Therefore, we have disabled the Network List Service in System Configuration in Administartive Tools. However, when we do this the Pc loses internet connection.
I tried doing the same thing on my home pc running on windows 7 Pro and the network works fine there.
I would appreciate it, if someone let me know what is happening and how I could solve this issue.

Thanx in advance ;-)

A:Losing Internet Connectivity after disabling Network List Service?..

Hi, welcome to the forums

Is the computer connected wirelessly? If so and you're having connectivity issues then you could try the steps in the following tutorial to see if it clears it up

Wireless Network - Remove

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122026-losing-internet-connectivity-after-disabling-network-list-service.html
Relevancy 46.44%

can disabling the Network Sharing Serivce in Windows Media Player 11 cause AXWIN Frame Window: svchost.exe Application Errors?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295452/disabling-network-sharing-service-in-windows-media-player-11/
Relevancy 46.44%

I know how to enable/disable a firewall through command line. But how do I do the same for Files and Printer sharing on a network connection through cmd. This is for an xp workstation(s).

Thank you for your help.

A:Disabling/Enabling 'File and Printer Sharing' on a Network Connection through cmd

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-enabling-file-and-printer-sharing-on-a-network-connection-through-cmd.731424/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello All Where to start Somehow one of my computers has removal program run Connection Something Disabling or and Malware Network to Allowing virus any Not obtained malware spyware virus not really sure what It will not connect to the modem at amp t dsl connected straight to the modem I have unplugged and plugged a laptop into it and it works fine so I know it s not the dsl causing the problem There are other issues as well First off it will NOT let me run Hijack This and get a log file I have tried in regular as well as safe Something Disabling Network Connection and Not Allowing any virus removal or Malware program to run mode and it shuts the program down shortly after it opens The same holds true for any virus or malware removal program that I install I ve even renamed the install file as well as the actual exe file for the programs and it does the same thing I have tried the following programs and have gotten no where HijackThis SuperAntiSpyware Malwarebytes Glary Utilities CCcleaner HostsXpert Norman Malware Cleaner program will start scan then find something and immediatly shut down SDFix and SmitFraudFix In addition when the computer boots up the following error messages pop up Followed by Any time one of the programs tries to open an explorer window it throws up this image then shuts down And this is what pops up when you try to run any malware virus program System is Windows XP Home SP Unable to obtain HJT log Here is the DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Compaq Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials On-access scanning enabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exe quot globalroot Device svchost exe svchost exe quot svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc quot C WINDOWS system svchost exe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exec windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeJ Computer Utilities dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dllTB Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dllTB amp Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB E BD F- B D- E- BE-FD BB AAE - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun updateMgr quot c program files adobe acrobat reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot uRun libcore en setup exe c documents and settings compaq owner application data f f ebd bd f f ae bcd be libcore en setup exeuRun SE c program files secess SE exeuRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exemRun HPBootOp quot c program files hewlett-packard hp boot optimizer HPBootOp exe quot runmRun TkBellExe quot c program files common files real update ob realsched exe quot -osbootmRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun REGSHAVE c program files regshave REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNmRun SunJavaUpdate... Read more

A:Something Disabling Network Connection and Not Allowing any virus removal or Malware program to run

Hello Derrick Pullen ,Sorry for the delay. If you still need help, please post a new DDS/HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it. Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358712/something-disabling-network-connection-and-not-allowing-any-virus-removal-or-malware-program-to-run/
Relevancy 46.01%

Computer Info:

Emachine T3065
CPU: AMD Athlon? XP 3000+ Processor
QuantiSpeed? Architecture operates at 2.167GHz
512KB L2 cache & 333MHz FSB
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft? Windows? Vista Ultimate
Chipset: NVIDIA? nForce?2
Memory: 512MB DDR (PC 2700)
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 160GB HDD (7200rpm)
Optical Drive: 48x Max. CD-RW Drive; 16x Max. DVD Drive
Media Reader: 8-in-1 Digital Media Manger (USB 2.0, Secure Digital? (SD), Smart Media, Compact Flash, Memory Stick?, Memory Stick PRO, Micro Drive, Multimedia Card)
Video: NVIDIA? GeForce?4? MX graphics (1 AGP 8x slot available)
Sound: nForce? 6-channel Audio
Network: 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Premium Plus Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other: 5 USB 2.0 ports (4 in back; 1 in Media Reader), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio-In & Out
Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D
Having trouble connecting to the internet. Any network does not show. So can't view properties. Please help. Thanks!

A:Network Adapter Not Visible In Network Connections

Could it be disabled in the BIOS? Have you tried resetting the BIOS to default/safe values?
Can you try another network card (they're fairly cheap)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148117/network-adapter-not-visible-in-network-connections/
Relevancy 44.29%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 44.29%

Ok, im new to this site and also pc's, so dont go using all these pc terms.

I saw that you can disable an integrated card. I have an intel extreme graphics 2 card, but it wont let me play Battlefield 2 on it.

I have a Compaq 2700, intel 4, my chipset is intel i865P/PE/G/i848P.

CAn someone tell me how to disable it; what would be the best graphics card to buy; or if i can install a graphics card even though i stil have my integrated one?

Thx for taking the time.

P.S Battlefield 2 demo is out now and i cant play it

A:Disabling? I need help on disabling a integrated graphics card

Check on the compaq website for your system to see whether the graphics can be upgraded.

Also please don`t start another thread, just because no-one has answered this one.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-i-need-help-on-disabling-a-integrated-graphics-card.26456/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

For several days my wireless connection has been connecting and disconnecting. Today I tried connecting to wireless and cannot actively see any wireless networks available. My wireless switch is on and is showing a blue light and Network Adapters in Device Manager show no warnings however when I run diagnose in Network Sharing Centre it tells me that Network Adapter "Wireless Networks Connection" is not connected.

The Wireless Router is fine and another laptop and iPad seem to have no problems connecting to it please could you advise?

I am running Windows Vista on a Vaio VGN FE41S

Many thanks,

J. Smith

A:Network Adapter "Wireless Network Connection" Problem for VGN FE41S

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.
please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

---------------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-problem-for-vgn-fe41s.1069737/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just today have purchased a playstation 2 network adapter. i stuck it on the ps2 and got it all hooked up. So far all is going well. I shove in the setup disc and am not confused a bit. I put in all the necessary info (dial numbers, isp etc.) but the isp seems to be the problem. I can connect on it, but when it gets done dialing it says "Authentication Failed" I am pretty sure that this has something to do with my msn login (that i previously put on there). I dont know exactly what to put there. i thought it would be my email address. I am using msn 8 as my isp.

PLEASE HELP. thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

Yesterday I had a local area connection, today I only have a wireless connection. I have a sony Vaio laptop. There is an installed Marvel Yukon interface card.

Any help will be reward with much gratitude and thanks.

Morris

Relevancy 42.57%

HELP I am going out of my mind I have been hacking at this problem for two days and can not figure it out I built a new computer ASUS M A -T and installed windows bit everything was working fine I did not validate the version of windows because I was waiting to replace the g hard drive with a ssd By the time I recieved network adapter the ssd windows validation time had expired I tried to validate the version of windows and I could noy because the network adapter was now gone This is strange because when I first built it it as fine and I was all over the internet via broadband ethernet cable Now the network adapter internet box has a red x and will not recognize the cable and no lights are flashing on the back as well It seems I ned to reinstall the driver so network adapter I used another computer and downloaded the only LAN file from ASUS website and nothing I downloaded any file I could find on the site and none seem to work please how do I get the network adapter back P S there is no network adapter shown in device manager it reads no adapter installed code nbsp

A:network adapter

Have you tried booting into safe mode and then validating? You might need to reinstall windows cleanly on your new SSD and then reinstall everything. Then activate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter.1009586/
Relevancy 42.57%

Well I installed Windows 7 on my computer, today, it went smoothly it internet was working fine thought the install, but when I booted it up after the install it can't connect to the internet and it says something like Please update Network Adapter Driver, please help, I am on a different computer now so I can connect to the internet.

A:Need network adapter?

Hello. First of all you need to update your system specs so anyone can helps you about the driver that you need. Also you can try updating driver via device manager.
Start->Control Panel->Device Manager. There expand Network Adapters,and click on it with right click and select Update driver software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/149600-need-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello.

I have a laptop. It has an build-in wireless network receiver, and then i have an USB wireless receiver as well. I has worked like a charm for years, switching between those two receivers when i need to. I has helped me trouble shoot and sometimes i needed to use the USB adapter for gaming and such. The problem is, recently the USB-receiver can not connect to the wireless network. It says, down in the popup menu, that: "The security information of the router does not corresponds with the information saved on the computer" or something similar. I have tried everything. I hope someone knows a tricky way to reset the whole thing or something. The security info does corrosponds. That is the weird thing. IM running windows 7

Thanks in advance!

A:USB-Network adapter.

Try removing the wireless network and reconnecting afresh.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612559/usb-network-adapter/
Relevancy 42.57%

My Yoga laptop has suddenly stopped 'seeing' networks.  We were traveling and I thought it was just difficulty getting connected in hotels, but we are at home now and it doesn't see my home network (or any of my neighbors', which it usually can detect)... When I did trouble-shooting, I got this message:  "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter.  If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver." I'm clueless.  Any ideas/advice would be appreciated. 

A:Network Adapter

Go to control panel, device manager, and look for a X or Triangle by the line of network adapters. That would indicate a problem there. If there is no easy mark you can uninstall the wireless adapter sotftware driver and restart the computer. It should automaticly reinstall the proper driver as it "sees" newly installed  hardware.Best of luck.Jim

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Network-Adapter/td-p/3375176
Relevancy 42.57%

my girlfriend just sent her laptop away to be fixed now that she has got it back it does not show at wireless networks and wont connect to the internet i had a look and there is no network adapter installed. I dunno where to look for one so it would be helpful if somebody could point me in the right direction

its a packard Bell and windows vista

Relevancy 42.57%

Hello, I was given a laptop recently as a gift, an HP Pavilion dv7, but only just now sat down to mess with it.  The laptop has been reset and there's apparently not a network adapter installed, because I cannot connect through wired or wireless connection and all of my attempts to find the network adapter has failed (it's not in the device manager for instance).  I'm really not at all knowledgable about this sort of thing.. how do I acquire a network adapter and fix this?  Thank you.

A:No Network Adapter??

Hi, What is your Pavilion dv7 ?  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-Network-Adapter/td-p/5588320
Relevancy 42.57%

I am having problems with my other computer..it worked fine and i logged off and went to log back on the same night and couldn't..says network adapter needs driver updated or is corrupt...i have googled the problem and tried about everything that i found on there and still can't get it working..i even did a system restore and reloaded windows 7 again. how do i fix the network adapter to get my computer back working again? Thank you for your help.

Download and install the latest network driver. For an integrated adapter get the driver from the PC (or motherboard) manufacturer's site. Else from the adapter manufacturer's site.

Still get the same message after the above?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter.1121603/
Relevancy 42.57%

OK so i just freshly restored my computer totally clean I installed Firefox and D-Link Air Plug G DWL-G Then i started updating the computer to SP I began with SP everything worked fine except the computer theme went back to -style Picture was taken from another computer where the internet still works Then adapter Network i moved on to SP After that was installed the real problem happened My Network adapter internet adapter stopped working However the problem that occured in SP got fixable Now as i said previously i have a D-Link Air Plug G DWL-G When my computer started it said quot AirGCFG exe - Entry point not found quot quot The procedure entry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi dll quot AirGCFG exe is the name of the process that the USB internet adapter runs as Now how can i fix this and get my USB internet adabter working again Anybody know And yes i have tried uninstalling and re-installing the adapters software

A:Network adapter

Another error mesage says:
"WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry point not found" "The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-adapter-469251.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, I have a gx 60 destroyer msi with windows 8.1 on it. I attempted to fix my Ethernet problem by deleting the Ethernet adapter in the network adapter from the device manager however I also clicked delete from my computer so now I cannot use my Ethernet port and in device manager there is a other folder and it has a Ethernet controller with a yellow triangle on it. I would like to use my Ethernet port again because it is faster than wireless how would I fix this issue.

Relevancy 42.57%

Had to reload windows 7 pro 64 bit . Cannot connect to internet. When I click on device status, it reads"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43

At the most basic:
Go to device manager, right click and uninstal the unknown device, click the 'scan for changes' icon at the top.
or
Download the driver for the lan at the vendors site, or mainboard manufacturer if onboard.

If a plug in card, remove it, then clean the edge contacts that fit in the slot with a rubber eraser.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579705/network-adapter/
Relevancy 42.57%

I would like to replace my built in Network Adapter with a card. The built in is a Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network connection. I'm using Windows 7Pro 64 bit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What would be the reason? That is a good network card, solid, supported, updated, and typically works forever without problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86714-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi! i have a Acer TravelMate 5744. i recently upgraded my software to windows 7 professional but it doesn't allow me to log on to the internet because of the missing Network Adapter Drivers but i can't find them on the internet using a different PC and i can't even run an auto update course it can't go to the internet. if i go to the device manager...i can also see that i'm also missing drivers for Ethernet Controller, Network Controller drivers please help it's be 2 days looking for these drivers over the internet i can find all kind of Acer Models but i can't find the one that i am using also tried different kind of drivers and still nothing

Hi Mafilolo, You can download the drivers from here Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook, Ultrabook / TravelMate / TravelMate 5744 also while downloading the network adaptors ,download the chipset driver and reinstall that win 7 only puts the basic chipset drivers on

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271731-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Im trying to install a kingston network card in a machine with win98. Ive installed the drivers and the OS seems to recognize everything, including identifying the card. When I go into the properties for the connections it doesnt have tcp/ip set up for the nic card,when I try to add the protocol it just flashes a second but doesnt add it. This computer also has a modem in it whhich they were using and that has tcp/ip set up. What am I missing here? Also tried installing the services from the 98 disc but networking components dont even show up.

hardware conflict? try to disable modem card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter.420673/
Relevancy 42.57%

i have a problem on my network adapter because i have to enable it every time i turn on or restarting my laptop..
unlike before its ok..it automatically detects my adapter
device name: realtek PCIe FE family.

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401929/network-adapter/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there Thanks for looking at my forum its appreciated this is my first post here so hi too Im having an Network Adapter??!?! No issue with my system that i build a No Network Adapter??!?! year back never had a problem with it until now really I'm not sure how about it happened or what it tried to do but for some reason i'm not able to reinstall the drivers for my Ethernet which obviously results in not having internet Once i uninstall the driver from Device manager it tells me its found the software but still wont install it it gives me the same error message as it would if i downloaded the Ethernet files from asus i've tried a new cable with no luck i have also tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling from the asus webpage once downloaded but i get a error message at the end of the install saying something like No network interface card exists in the machine ive looked online as well as read a few tips on here but still with no avial as i said i really not sure what caused this ive looked in bios and the Ethernet adapter is still enabled the strange thing is that i have hamachi on my system and the two little network screens are up until i disable hamachi so im assuming this is just a software issue Im running Vista Asus M A Deluxe Mobo Thanks in advance for your help Ravvie

A:No Network Adapter??!?!

hello,
have you tried re seating the card itself? pull the card, and reboot (without card)
shut down, install the card and let windows detect it automatically. worth a shot!

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-network-adapter-542653.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I need so help on my Acer laptop Windows Vista Basic. Device manager has that yellow exclamation mark by "6t04adapter" this is under "Network adapters" shows code 10 and ive tried to update and still has that yellow exclamation mark. Dont know what to do or what this adapter for. Not sure if I should uninstall just really need some advice. This Acer laptop is 3680 series.

Sounds like you need a device driver for your network adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter.608796/
Relevancy 42.57%

After a virus forced me to reformat i used my friends Compaq boot disk thinking it was the same thing. Xp installed fine but never recognized my network adapter so its a ***** to get any drivers . The drivers that i have tried have failed or mabey its just me. Its a epox series9npa nforce 4 ultra mobo thier website is down since they went out of business and its kinda vague on what driver i need for the net adapter. Mabey i just need to use a reg boot disk,im not sure. Also i updated to service pack three thinking some basic driver would recognize it or something but no go . and isent the network adapter driver supposed to come basic? do they leave it out for retail?

A:No network adapter

Hello & welcome to TSF,

Windows does come with some basic drivers but not all of them !!

they mainly deal with the system (as in operating software

now they do get some from the name brand companies like (Intel / AMD / Via / Nvidia

but most of them you have to search them out at sites that carry the old drivers for mobo's like yours

or you can get them from places like (driveragent ) but your system has to be up & running & they also charge you for them

I wll see if i can find the one you need

but i seggust that you get this program ( its free) so that you can find all the divers for your system & download them and then put them to disk for those unexspected issues

follow link (http://www.majorgeeks.com/EVEREST_Fr...ion_d4181.html

I will lok and see what i can find for you

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-network-adapter-291065.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A660/07T PSAW3A-07T00R (around 3 years old) and I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

The problem is that when I finished the installation, it wouldn't connect or be able to find any WIFI's around me. I checked online for solutions regarding the network adapter but there wasn't any that can help. In device manager there wasn't any "Network Adapter" option and when I attempted to plug in the ethernet cable directly, it failed to connect (no notification or anything).

It would always tell me to install a driver for it except I couldn't find any online. The other way was to install using CD but I no longer have that cd.

Can anybody help? This is very frustrating.

Relevancy 42.57%

My computer died a few months ago . I received the recovery CD's from Dell and reinstalled the operating system, But now I can't connect to the Internet and get the message that there is no network adapter. What do I do now? Do I need to use the Driver CD and reinstall also?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A4-3305M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3559 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6480G, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461838 MB, Free - 409414 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0W274W
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A really great person just called to let me know if the drivers weren't recovered I have to use the Driver recovery CD also!! Here goes!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter.1061787/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,
I have an ASUS Gryphon Z87 motherboard.
I want to install a WiFi Adapter card, but the only slot available is a PCIe x16 3.0.
I have bought a PCIe card but it doesn't fit.
Which one will fit.
Thanks in advance.
Wint1.

You could get a Usb stick wireless adapter, you would 'lose' a Usb port though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter.1159048/