AMD and display driver issue

Q: AMD and display driver issue

Hello,

I need some professional help.
My computer:
AMD a10
4fb RAM
R9270x BY XFX
NOW, without the graphics card the computer runs fine. When I install the ddriver's for the r9 it will work, but eventually the display driver stopped working makes its way back.

I've ran all diagnostics on the memory and checked temperstures which all turned out to be fine.

I sent the card into xfx and they returned it saying it's fine.

WTF DO I DO MATES. I think it's the card....but that's just me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-and-display-driver-issue.212301/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AMD and display driver issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 59.34%

Greetings!

My display driver seems to be having issues. While watching videos online, or just sitting at my desktop doing nothing with absolutely zip running, my display driver will crash and recover.
Not really irritating or frusterating, as it doesn't seem to do it in any games(Dragon's age, mirror's edge, Fallout, etc'.). And I certainly play extensively.
But, it's worrying nontheless.

My rig is:
Window's 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Processor (Quadcore)
4 gigabytes of DDR3 1600 mhz as RAM
2x Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 graphic cards ran in Crossfire
And a ECS Elitegroup A790GXM-AD3 mobo.

All my drivers seem to be up to date. And I can't find any fixes. Event viewer states "Display driver atikmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

And ideas on how to prevent/fix this?

A:Display Driver issue!

Completely spaced my powersupply: OCZ ModXstram 700 watt. Airflow is fine-- Nothing is remotely close to overheating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/56620-display-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Please update the driver, its stil 14.502.1028.0 for windows 8.1 x64.On Amd driver webpage new derivers like 16.3.2 or 16.5.2.1 are not working, the mouse pointer freezes for some time on display with these driver (tried to solve but no solution).With older driver 14.502.1028.0 geme performanc is su**s .So please suggest me which driver i should use or me give any solution for newer drivers.Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Display-Driver-Issue/td-p/5630089
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello So I have a really big problem I got a new PC like days ago however right from the start it s causing problems and I think it s all related to the GPU or the Display driver When I first started using it and tried to play games after - minutes specifically in Guild Wars it would just restart but kinda hang on it it seemed like it turns off and then after seconds turns back on At the time I could play games that aren t as demanding as Guild Wars for about minutes and same thing would happen again that would be in League Of Legends So I called or driver GPU issue. a Display a guy that setup this PC and he told me to update to newer version of the display driver so I did That fixed the problem but not entirely Now I could play games a bit longer but same thing would happen after a while in more demanding games I could play League Display driver or a GPU issue. of Legends for a really long time before anything happened But then it started to get worse and now it seemed like an entirely new problem and this is the current issue What happens is when I normally turn on my PC even before I actually get to see the desktop I m getting a flashing black screen windows splash screen Startup screen or however you call it is all distorted and when it finally shows the desktop the results vary Sometimes only the taskbar is all red and kind of scrambled other times I see pixels all over the screen and lines all different colors Few times I got the message quot Nvidia display driver karnel has stopped responding and has recovered quot but it still keeps doing all the stuff that I described Twice or three times I got a BSOD that said that it s trying to resolve the display issue I forgot the exact thing it said but it was something like that So that s all of it Here s my system info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count Temporary RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Temporary Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI H M-P G MS- Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled As you can see I have a pretty old GTX but as written after it it s temporary as well as the processor I m changing my graphic card at the end of the month and my processor at the end of the next month But these are the parts that a guy gave me to use until I get the cash to replace them I m pretty sure he overclocked some stuff so I have a better performance until I replace these parts so I m kinda thinking this might be the issue too but when I called him he said that it shouldn t be a problem and that it also could be a power supply issue but I really think that it s graphic card related I do have a years warranty but I don t have a car and the snow outside has gotten really tall so I would like to find a temporary solution to this and be able to use this PC as is until the end of this month then I would go to change the graphic card and in the process see if there are any other problems and tell him to fix everything up but as I ve said I would really love to be able to use this PC for now so I don t have to carry the PC in these weather conditions twice in two weeks I hope you guys have some kind of solution to this nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Dear HP Support, Please help me to install VGA driver and Graphical Driver for My system. I have installed windows 7 32 bit. System Model :  Notebook-14-AC171TU(T5Q67PA#ACJ) Thanks&Regards,SelvaG

A:Display Driver-VGA Driver Issue

Hi: This is a peer to peer forum, not HP support.  HP maintains no official presence here. The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W7 32 bit graphics driver directly from Intel. The 2nd driver on the left is the auto install file. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Display-Driver-VGA-Driver-Issue/td-p/5716248
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I am currently experiancing some issues with the display on most of my G2's. What happen is the driver crashes then recovers, I have 2 EliteDisplay E232 screens plugged in using display port connections. I have installed latest HP drivers and it didnt resolve the problem. I installed latest Intel drivers and that also did not resolve problem. I have re-imaged the PC with the company image and still the issue persists. I have changed the Video Memory in the BIOS form 32mb to 256mb and still not joy. Anybody else got any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-Display-Driver-Issue/td-p/5656055
Relevancy 58.48%

Basic Computer Details Alienware Radeon x gig Ram BSOD/Display Driver Issue Vista Bit Okay so basically i reformatted my computer a few weeks ago and been having this issue ever since It originally started with a BSOD on startup of a few games none of which should have ANY trouble running and originally they BSOD/Display Driver Issue were all running fine at max specs with no issues The BSOD error was atikmpag sys and something to do with the display driver etc SO from there I went back and redownloaded the drivers for the ATI card s and didnt get the BSOD anymore however now when i start a game it will either load and wont play the video and or freeze before any video plays and just stops so I end up having to just turn the computer off as its completely and utterly frozen No idea where to go from here all of the drivers are showing up to date etc Any helps appreciated Feel free to ask questions BSOD/Display Driver Issue obviously i ll jump through almost any hoop need be to fix this problem

A:BSOD/Display Driver Issue

Download driver sweeper from the link below run it and Checkmark the box next to amd display/ Graphics.Then hit the clean button.cleam everything listed under the display.MajorGeeks.Com - Contacting Download Site Now please Reboot your machine and get a fresh copy of your driver from here.http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452611/bsoddisplay-driver-issue/
Relevancy 58.48%

Does anyone know of an Intel HD Graphics display driver that allows you to use an HDMI monitor with Windows 10? I'm using, what I think is the latest and greatest. Driver date is 11/3/2015, version 10.17.10.4229. Currently, only able to connect via analog VGA. Thanks.

Relevancy 58.05%

Briefly I own a Compaq Presario CQ Laptop and I recently re-installed Windows I've used the drivers that came with this laptop but I've noticed that in Windows Update there was an update for the intergrated graphics driver so I've installed it After updating the buttons in Firefox glitch really badly unless I set the refresh rate to Hz The problem would've been solved if it didn't RESET GPU Display Issue Driver (Glitch) Intel ITSELF to Hz every time I reboot the laptop That damn thing can't seem to remember my settings Also the colours on the screen seem okay but as soon as I log in and the desktop shows they go pale blue looks rather gray I've got everything set to defaults I am pretty sure this is a Intel GPU Driver Display Issue (Glitch) software - driver issue as that quot glitching quot started just as I've updated the driver Should I just uninstall that update or is there something that will allow me to keep the pretty-new-useless interface of Intel Graphics Control Panel without that ugly glitch

A:Intel GPU Driver Display Issue (Glitch)

Hi there ... I would check the Manufactures Website to see if they have an Update for your Laptops GPU ...

As the Drivers you got on the Disc would be pretty old ..
While you are at the Manufactures Website check to see what Series of the Intel GPU is ...
Then if you can not get an Updated Driver there you could get one from the Intel Website ..
I think it may be Series 4 but could not be certain with out knowing your Exact Model Number ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/343134-intel-gpu-driver-display-issue-glitch.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Thank in advance for you help with this issue.

I have a HP Slimline s3020n with and Nvidia 6150 LE onboard for video. Yesterday I had a error come up that said ":your display drivers have been recovered". After that for some dumb reason I hit the power buttom on my comp and now I can't get windows to start.

I have tried doing system recoveries and starting in safe mode, I also tried " boot using last working configuration" that didn't work.

The problem is that my windows looks like it is going to load and then just goes black after 5 seconds of the windows loading screen.

I guess my question is, how do I reload my display drivers when I can't get to windows? I can reload the correct drivers if I can make it to windows. Please provide any help you can guys, I will check back hourly for solutions.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello ,

Ive installed a fresh copy of win 10 on this laptop , but the problem is that graphic driver installed by windows makes a delay when I run the laptop , after the win logo , it stuck for about 30 sec on a black screen , then enter the logon screen of the windows .. Ive tried to use the driver given here :

HP Pavilion dv7-6b00ee Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

and then try to restart or shutdown the laptop & run it again , the issue was disappeared , knowing that the driver that makes the issue has these information

so can you tell me please why this issue happened with this driver ?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66370-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook-pc-display-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a pc hooked up to my old CRT TV I know should get a flatscreen but the CRT works for us This weekend I reinstalled Windows and now I can't get a picture on the TV I connect to the TV using the SVideo port on a Radeon video card Before the reinstall the picture svideo CRT (driver display using issue?) issues showed up on the TV fine I get a perfectly fine image when the PC is booting up all the way through the flying dots windows logo At that point the screen goes black When I connect up a different monitor everything works fine To my limited knowledge it sounds CRT display issues using svideo (driver issue?) like a driver issue Windows defaulted to the Generic non-Pnp monitor I've tried switching to Generic TV but to no avail Here's the weird part the display works fine when I boot into safemode but CRT display issues using svideo (driver issue?) not in CRT display issues using svideo (driver issue?) low-resolution mode Since its a CRT the resolution in safemode is fine Is there some way I could force Windows to use the safemode driver in regular mode I think that would take care of the issue Any suggestions would be much appreciated

A:CRT display issues using svideo (driver issue?)

Whats the make and model? go to the website and find your display driver.
Trust me, you do not want to rely on windows default display driver.
You can also try this since its a radeon card.
Update graphics drivers:
AMD :AMD Driver Autodetect
^ if you do run this, and you are installing the drivers, don't worry about screen flickering and pixels going nuts its normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/258458-crt-display-issues-using-svideo-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all my first post and a complete head scratcher Issue? Driver Alt-text / Corrupt Display I have an HP Compaq Corrupt Alt-text / Display Driver Issue? p Laptop T Ghz Dual Core MB Ram Corrupt Alt-text / Display Driver Issue? with dedicated HD graphic cards running Windows Pro x When I Corrupt Alt-text / Display Driver Issue? hover over any of my menu bar icons e g Internet Explorer the text buble or Alt-text as it actually is I think says what I am hovering over in a cream popup However when I hover over the Windows quot Logo Start quot icon the Alt-text is corrupt so much that you cannot read it at all All other hovers are perfect as expected i e over the system icons etc I have also noticed it in MS Office in all applications I have Office Pro installed and in every ribbon all icon hovers work as they should except when I open the list of font sizes from the drop-down list of values All Font sizes are displayed in a corrupted broken fashion again I cannot read them Although I suspect it may be something to do with my ATI graphics driver I do have the latest version installed As said it seems to be localised to those areas and does not seem to be getting worse or better Totally annoying I have used other applications and all seems perfect including Acrobat COD Black Ops Minecraft and Chrome etc Therefore I'm completely baffled Any ideas suggestions or previous experiences Thanks in advance Tink

A:Corrupt Alt-text / Display Driver Issue?

Welcome to Seven Forums Tink0027. Just as a start, suggest booting into safe mode and see if you have the same issues there. Also, it will no doubt help if you can post some screen shots of the corrupted hovers.

Safe Mode

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213693-corrupt-alt-text-display-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys I m desperate for help now I ve been playing a game called Jade Dynasty from Perfect World International for the past - months Every so often though while playing the screen flashed and goes black for a couple of seconds When the game Display Dynasty issue Driver & Jade returns to normal I find a error saying that my Nvidia Display Driver Kernel failed and has successfully recovered But it s getting annoying now and I want to fix it Since the problem is somewhere with the Nvidia driver i wanted to run a diagnostic on it but I Jade Dynasty & Display Driver issue dunno if I need a program or something to see if it can find a problem So I just went to Nvidia and got the most current driver update and updated DirectX also Jade Dynasty & Display Driver issue but the issue still is happening The ironic thing is the system requirements isn t near what my computer can provide and I have no issues with Battlefield Bad Company at max settings or any other current game on the market my system specs is a Gateway FX laptop with Intel Core Duo P GHz GB DDR Ram Nvidia GeForce GTX Mobile and a GB RPM HHD and running Windows -Bit Also I run the game and Firefox only I hope you guys can help me I m despirate nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jade-dynasty-display-driver-issue.933868/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello community nbsp My model is a DM VUS that's the one with the Intel HD and the Nvidia GeForce m The display is driven by the Intel HD and I am not having any problem with that The issue is that sometimes when I start a program using the Intel HD graphics card it either stutters a lot freezes or stop completely The mouse and stuff still works and I can close the program Here is the message I recieve I get it everytime I start a call in Skype or run something a bit demanding nbsp Driver issue Intel - Graphics 14 TPY Display I never got this message in Windows probably because TPY 14 - Intel Graphics Display Driver issue it was the right driver but I don't recall updating any Intel graphics drivers after I got to W The strange part is that Intel Driver Update Utility tells me that installing their software update for this GPU won't work becuase I have a custom driver from Lenovo Is that correct nbsp Any ideas Heard of any updates anywhere nbsp Thanks in advance Have a good day Solved Go to Solution

A:TPY 14 - Intel Graphics Display Driver issue

Hi My TPY 14 uses Intel HD 5500 and GeFroce 940M. But I install the Intel driver updates without any issues. Maybe you can try something like getting the "Intel Display Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad Yoga 14 (Type 20DM, 20DN) - 2/9/2015 - 10.18..."  as a backup. Uninstall the Intel display driver and install the ones from Intel to see if it fixes your issue.  Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/TPY-14-Intel-Graphics-Display-Driver-issue/td-p/2198285
Relevancy 57.19%

All of sudden today while working my laptop stopped with bluescreen asking me to disable Caching and shadowing in Bios. (Screenshot attached)
I check the BIOS and could not find such setting.

Then rebooted and it prompted me for repair. I followed it and then again after some time blue screen error with display driver issue(Screenshot attached)

I am running Windows 7 Basic on my Sony VGN-FZ35GN with Nvidia GeForce 8400 GT GPU.

PS- I am able to boot normally after window restart and all working fine but this blue-screen issue I see twice a week with different errors.

Kindly advise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bluescreen-shadowing-and-caching-issue-with-display-driver-1043713.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I can not run Cyberlinks program PowerDirector or previous releases on my Satellite Pro S - F laptop problems with video program DivX as well while I am using display driver version driver date Hence I loaded the latest display driver version from Toshibas website display- zip and installed it on my operating system Windows Vista Business Build Service Pack Windows error message Driver software could not be loaded The driver software could be successfully be installed but when executed an error occured error code error name PnPDeviceProblemCode architecture x Hardware-ID PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS amp REV Setupclass-GUID d e -e - ce-bfc - be PnP-error code B driver name igdkmd sys driver version driver date - - I installed the display driver which I got directly from Intels website This solved the PowerDirector problem but the display quality was poor hence I went back by installing a former recovery point I would appreciate an advice how to run the latest driver PowerDirector driver 7.15.10.x issue with S300-10F: display Pro 9 Satellite update Display Devices Card name Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mobile Intel GMA MHD Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Satellite Pro S300-10F: PowerDirector 9 issue with display driver 7.15.10.x Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor PnP-Monitor Satellite Pro S300-10F: PowerDirector 9 issue with display driver 7.15.10.x Standard Driver Name igdumdx dll igd umd dll Driver Version English DDI Version BGRA Supported Yes Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes

A:Satellite Pro S300-10F: PowerDirector 9 issue with display driver 7.15.10.x

Hi

Latest display driver can be downloaded from Intel page.
The Intel page provides always the newest drivers for the own chips.

The Toshiba driver page provides display drivers version:
v 14.34.2.4953 for Win XP
v 8.15.10.1883 for Win 7
v15.9.0.1489 for Vista 64bit
v 15.9.5.1502 for Vista 32bit

If you want to get newer drivers then you have to choose one from Intel page.
The driver from Intel page should be installed in device manager.
Means you have to force Windows choosing the Intel driver. This can be done using the Advanced installation procedure. Then you will be able to point to the driver files.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?59859-Satellite-Pro-S300-10F-PowerDirector-9-issue-with-display-driver-7-15-10-x
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I need to do scientific parallel computer with my Qosmio F750, but I'm unable to run the basic test of CUDA called "bandwidthTest.exe". It returns the following error:

cudaGetDeviceProperties return 35
-> CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version

I researched about this problem, and all people agreed that the driver of my display has to be updated. I have version 290 already of the driver, but the latest version is 301.24. Why can't I simply install the NVidia drivers from NVidia's website like I do with all my other computers?

What can I do to solve this problem? I don't want the certified driver from Toshiba... I just want a standard NVidia driver.

Thank you for any efforts.

A:Qosmio F750 - CUDA and display driver issue

> Why can't I simply install the NVidia drivers from NVidia's website like I do with all my other computers?
With computers you mean laptops or desktops? I don?t know where do you work but I presume in your company or institution where are you working there is IT department. Contact people who are working there and I hope they can help you with explanation why you cannot use original NVIDIA drivers.

There is big difference between notebooks and desktops. Desktop graphic cards are supported by graphic card manufacturers directly but on mobile units support is by notebook manufacturers.
There are many reasons for that.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67110-Qosmio-F750-CUDA-and-display-driver-issue
Relevancy 57.19%

All of sudden today while working my laptop stopped with bluescreen asking me to disable Caching and shadowing in Bios. (Screenshot attached)
I check the BIOS and could not find such setting.

Then rebooted and it prompted me for repair. I followed it and then again after some time blue screen error with display driver issue(Screenshot attached)

I am running Windows 7 Basic on my Sony VGN-FZ35GN with Nvidia GeForce 8400 GT GPU.

PS- I am able to boot normally after window restart and all working fine but this blue-screen issue I see twice a week with different errors.

Kindly advise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bluescreen-shadowing-and-caching-issue-with-display-driver-1043713.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I ve encountered a problem and despite reading about the issue on multiple forums including this one I haven t really been able to figure out how to fix the problem on has display issue has working recovered stopped driver A been and my laptop Issue is Sometimes when watching movies on DivX player could be several times per day and other days no problem I get this error message quot A Display Driver has Stopped Working and has Recovered quot Display starts blinking and freezing and a few times I A display driver has stopped working and has been recovered issue have had to shut down the computer on the physical on off button My laptop specs are HP Pavillion dv AMD Turion X Ultra Dual Core ZM- processor GB Memory RAM Windows Vista Home Premium The graphics are ATI mobility Radeon HD I tried updating driver but it says driver is up-to-date The computer is about years old and has always had a tendency to become very warm I have never had this issue before but it s also only recently that I started wathing movies via DivX player on this laptop I read that overheating could be one of the problems so I downloaded SpeedFan I cannot figure out how to control fan - it might be that fan is not working or maybe you just cannot control the fan on this laptop but I simply do not know According to SpeedFan HD was in the s Temp was - and Core was As I don t seem to be able to control fans I tried to address the heat issue by simply tipping the laptop over so it s not placed bottom down and doesn t get as hot because air can more easily get out of it Now temps are HD around Temp - and Core - so it s definitely down but problem isn t solved Before I was able to get the temp down it had a tendency to be very noisy as if it was working overtime but that actually seems to be much less now I m not running any other programs on the computer when watching movies so unless some programs are running in the background it s not as if it should be working too hard on anything but the DivX player I don t know anything about over- under-clocking voltage and stuff like that so it s difficult for me to say if any of this could be the problem I only know of these things from reading up on possible ways to solve this issue on various forums It s a real problem for me as watching movies is almost the only thing I use this laptop for I would really appreciate any help on this Best regards nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Good day.
I got a new PC, I installed windows 10 home edition, It worked fine until windows did update VGA adapter then it became unusable, I needed everytime to restore system to get it worked and loose anything I worked time after restore is created, I checked vga card and found it Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, My vga adapter card is built in on gigabyte motherboard with no information on drivers.

I need help to resolve this issue, I am attaching hwinfo of my Pc and waiting for kind help.

Specification file is attached.

Thanks.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/microsoft-basic-display-adapter-driver-issue.314216/
Relevancy 57.19%

Trying to do the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 on XPS 15 9530 and I get error:
!Display: The Display is not compatible with Windows 10.  Check with the manufacture for support.
I have the latest Dell updates of the Nvida GeForce GT 750M and Intel HD Graphics 4600 for windows 8.1. 
Per Dell the XPS 15 is supported for Win 10 and per Nvida , the GT750M driver is supported.

How can I get Win 10 on the laptop.  I had tried it before and had same errors.  Time running out.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19986684
Relevancy 56.76%

I Aspire driver resolve my Acer on How my I issue 5050? display do with recently had my Acer Aspire laptop which used to run on Vista updated to Windows How do I resolve my issue with display driver on my Acer Aspire 5050? I noticed right away that the display resolution looked compressed or 'squashed' and stretched Went to adjust the resolution but there are only two options x what I understand to be the computer's native resolution it is a quot screen or x The only display option is 'Generic PnP Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' So I went to the Acer website to look at drivers but there are no driver options for Windows for my Acer model only Vista or XP I downloaded the VGA ATI driver that was there for vista and tried opening it in compatibility mode to no avail I also tried Compute gt System Properties gt Devise Manager gt Display Adapters gt Standard VGA Graphics Adapter gt Driver gt Update Driver which did nothing Finally I went to try a 'regedit' hack Increase your screen resolution with this Windows hack My Asus Eee PC which also did not work Anyone out there have any suggestions or can tell me what I'm doing wrong I'm new to this so maybe it's more obvious than I think Thanks Also everything else on Win OS seems to be working fine as far as programs audio etc As far as I can tell right now just the display is wrong

A:How do I resolve my issue with display driver on my Acer Aspire 5050?

Welcome to the forum

I think there is no update for your VGA driver but to be more sure you can download windows upgrade advisor to see what is applicable to your OS:

Download: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/228249-how-do-i-resolve-my-issue-display-driver-my-acer-aspire-5050-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Well to start with the problem arose days earlier when I was playing League of Legends as usual The laptop crashed to black screen and started rebooting but was presented by a blue screen error Vedio TDR Failure atikmpag sys and it would keep restarting nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp In case you are wondering no new drivers or windows updates were installed that day or the week I have been using the same drivers with no issues for an year or so I didnt have the recovery disk with me so I downloaded the same version of OS single Driver AMD Dell - 15R Special issue Display Edition 7520 Inspiron language from the windows website into usb drive and successfully booted into safe mode with it Then I proceeded to uninstall AMD drivers and all its Dell Inspiron 15R 7520 Special Edition - AMD Display Driver issue components and voila my computer could boot normally again Hence the problem is AMD Now I tried installing the original AMD drivers from the dell support website which were successful except AMD DISPLAY DRIVER which brings me the root cause The log just says AMD DISPLAY DRIVER status failure Again I uninstalled in safe mode and tried installing from AMD website the updated ones which installed successfully The laptop rebooted but after - minutes again another blue screen error popped up saying THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER and restarted again and again Currently am running my laptop without any amd drivers uninstalled them Tried running sfc scannow says found corrupted files tried repairing with restorehealth said failed to repair amd Please help Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19990607
Relevancy 53.75%

Heyy everyone This is my first post on this forum and it has taken me a while to post this thread since I have been trying to research and figure out my own problem myself by searching many MANY other related forums but so far have had not much luck Also obviously I couldn t find an individual who had the exact same specs as my computer Driver has driver Display Issues; responding Display stopped igfx who had the same issues so I am going try and get help through this thread specifically for my computer First I will explain everything that is going or happened and then all the specs are at the end of the thread Recently I downloaded a trial of World of Warcraft just to start playing it again for a Display Driver Issues; Display driver igfx has stopped responding little bit I played it for about two days and then after playing it for about an hour or two straight all of a sudden the video card craps out screen flashes goes black and then comes back within seconds Then a message error pops stating Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered Within those two days I was playing though I was doing a lot of updates on my computer since I reformatted my laptop recently So I thought maybe it had to do with the updates and decided to do a system restore Of course with my luck the system restore failed and failed a couple more times after trying again but at different restoration points dates So then I decided so continue with my updates since I still had to install services pack more updates service pack and more updates With every restart I had to do for the updates I would try WoW but right away as soon as I try moving my character in the game the video card acts up again instantly but very severely causing my whole system to freeze and I am forced to hard boot my laptop So since the updates were no luck I went onto Intel s website and downloaded the most up to date driver for my video card I have still had absolutely no luck I have updated everything downloaded driver updates for my video card through Windows HP s website and Intel s website updated BIOS tried downgrading the driver to an earlier version but still NO SOLUTION So frustrating The specs for my computer Hp Pavillion dv ca OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta BB None Antivirus Norton Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I also did the quot Can You Run It quot test and surprisingly my computer failed but not surprisingly failing in the Video Card section specifically under Hardware T amp L it claims I don t have it I really don t even know what that is since I don t know too much even about video cards themselves The only reason I find this surprising is because I used to play WoW on this laptop about a year ago with no problems at all and because I also played it for two days before it crapped out I also looked up the error in Event Viewer Log states Log Name System Source Display Event ID Level Warning Here is the DXDiag report as well request before posting a thread ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NICOLE-PC Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv GM UA ABL BIOS Ver PARTTBLv Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDr... Read more

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm running Windows Home Premium -bit OEM never reinstalled HP model p y approx year old no major problems until now I've attached the BSOD Dump and System File Collection Crashes, Non-BSOD Driver Issue? & Display BSOD but Windows refuses to produce a System Health Report because I have to run in safe mode If you have an BSOD & Non-BSOD Crashes, Display Driver Issue? alternative method I'll be glad to try it but normal mode seems to be producing BSOD & Non-BSOD Crashes, Display Driver Issue? crashes more and more quickly First BSOD was then then There BSOD & Non-BSOD Crashes, Display Driver Issue? have been more than crashes but not every crash has produced a minidump several times the crash has been a sudden black screen One time display froze with a bunch of horizontal lines distortion and stuck like that until I hard restarted I have had to hard restart every time except for occasions during which hard restart would not work and I had to pull the power cord System Restore had me up and running for a whole day yesterday and then it crashed again today I was playing Zynga Poker on Facebook during at least crashes but crashes have happened without it open as well Running passes of the memory checker did not detect any memory issues From my experience it doesn't seem like a hardware problem but I could be wrong Please help

A:BSOD & Non-BSOD Crashes, Display Driver Issue?

Really easy. Your AVG.

I notice your AVG which is often at least a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace your AVG with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205669-bsod-non-bsod-crashes-display-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I had to do a fresh install of Vista to get rid of the dreaded KSOD issue with Vista. It seems upon updating, this problem has come back. I remember getting rid of the problem by getting rid of a few bad updates, but I can't remember them. Does anyone know which updates are known to cause this problem?

A:"Display driver" Issue...again

in the device manager uninstall the video card
reboot tapping f8 and choose low resolution mode
when windows finishes rebooting
disable a/virus
install your drivers
reboot the computer

post the error in full

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/display-driver-issue-again-436740.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello folks I Vista driver related) Problem multiple-monitor and/or (display Display seem to be having multiple problems all at the same time all of which may or may not be related but let me start from the beginning This all started when I tried to connect my Inspiron laptop to our television For some reason my Vista Display Problem (display driver and/or multiple-monitor related) laptop froze Vista Display Problem (display driver and/or multiple-monitor related) the image on both my computer and TV had white lines across it and so I turned off my system since it was locked up I restarted and began having display problems - first windows were not opening in the desktop area They would open in the system tray but were quot unreachable quot by the mouse I played with display settings and got the screen to fit but now seem to have primary problems PROBLEM Whenever I play games view pictures or Windows Media Player I see strange quot plaid boxes quot However the desktop is fine and everything else appears to work fine I contacted NVIDIA and I have installed different driver versions as well as the OEM Dell s driver s - all did not work - I still saw the distorted images when playing games viewing pictures and videos I have also completed System Restore s to points prior to when I was having the problem - unfortunately that did not work Here are screenshots of what I am seeing http farm static flickr com fa b jpg http farm static flickr com e a c b jpg http farm static flickr com f b cae b jpg PROBLEM This problem may stem from the original TV incident When I click on Display Settings my computer shows another monitor connected but there isn t one I try disabling it or deleting one of them and it goes right back to the Generic PnP before this happened I could have sworn the Generic non-PnP monitor was the default but if I choose that option everything disappears but the wallpaper and I am unable to do anything Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing http farm static flickr com c cf b jpg http farm static flickr com b b jpg If I go to DISPLAY SETTINGS - ADVANCED - TROUBLESHOOT I am unable to turn off acceleration because the box is faded Also my system info OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Inspiron System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A DISPLAY Name NVIDIA GeForce M GT PNP Device ID PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS F amp REV A amp A BA D amp amp Adapter Type GeForce M GT NVIDIA compatible Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce M GT Adapter RAM MB bytes Installed Drivers nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll nvwgf um dll Driver Version INF File oem inf Section section Color Planes Not Available Color Table Entries Resolution x x hertz Bits Pixel Memory Address xFD - xFDFFFFFF Memory Address xE - xF FFFFFF Memory Address xFA - xFEAFFFFF I O Port x EF - x EF F IRQ Channel IRQ I O Port x B - x BB I O Port x C - x DF Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Driver c windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys MB bytes PM Please help nbsp

A:Vista Display Problem (display driver and/or multiple-monitor related)

The first set of pictures that you put up look like classics examples of bad video RAM. In a desktop PC I would tell you to swap out the video card with a differnt one to verify that is the issue since in a few cases bad drivers can cause the issue but it's highly unlikely. Professional service by a local non big box computer shop is your best bet at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-display-problem-display-driver-and-or-multiple-monitor-related.908168/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an HP dc7900 at work and the system keeps getting the error "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered". First the user is not playing game and I have updated the video drivers. I also ran DXDIAG.exe and I have looked at the report and I don't see anything abnormal.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this error Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered keeps occurring ??

A:Event 4101, Display - Display driver igfx stopped responding

Hello,

Try uninstalling the current driver completely and re-install the driver from the HP Support site.

Perform the following steps:
-Download Trexxy Driver Fusion from Driver Fusion - The Complete Driver Solution and install it. Don't run the program yet
- First, Uninstall the Intel Graphics driver/software from Control Panel > Uninstall a program and restart
-Now run Driver Fusion, select Intel Display and then select Delete
-After complete restart the PC then install the latest release of the Graphics driver from the HP Support site.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/event-4101-display-display-driver-igfx-stopped-responding-684638.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I started having issues yesterday the day after I installed teamviewer a program that is on my iPad also to remotely control the laptop At first the screen started freezing when I was in the middle of a Java game So I restarted the laptop only to have it freeze at the main screen after login The screen would freeze the display would change to black pc and issue? display screen blank- is the mobile Display a very low resolution I think So I kept restarting it only to repeat Until eventually once Display screen black and blank- is mobile pc display the issue? past the windows logo the screen would turn black and blank Sometimes the display would turn on black and blank and other times it would do that after the logo A few times I managed to get it to go into safe mode and I restored to a few days ago but it made no difference I also tried many other things like changing some settings but nothing worked So after like or hours I Rolled back and disabled quot nvidia quadro nvs m quot since I read it might be causing the issue and I should uninstall it which I couldn't once I disabled it I restarted the computer and made it to the main screen without issues and I could even load my game I enabled it again And restarted the computer only to have the same issues so I disabled it again after finally getting into safe mode I don't know if it works fine now I left it on at most for - minutes without any issues and I never actually logged into the game to see if it works I figured out that in my display settings instead of showing my main monitor it only shows quot mobile pc display quot I know that means from a mobile device but I don't see the option to change back to the main screen By using the previously mentioned app it changed my settings and so now I don't know how to get the main display screen I tried restoring to a previous version before but that didn't do anything so I'm guessing it didn't fix the display issue I also tried reinstalling the driver at least twice and nothing quot http www nvidia com Download index aspx quot

A:Display screen black and blank- is mobile pc display the issue?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does your Laptop have dual Graphics ... If that is the case go to Dell Website and Download the Driver there for your Graphics ...

I would also suggest you read the Link below ...
NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356982-display-screen-black-blank-mobile-pc-display-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2qjyjbd.jpg  Here is the screenshot of what happens.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Gi3xLcolBqg2cZMTWdtgWZQ  Here is information about my computer.

Thank you, any help would be really appreciated. 

A:Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver Vista(R) stopped responding.

I tried installing drivers but it failed to install and I proceeded with restarting anyway. Actually I  was goggling my problem and came here because someone had similar issue and was solved. I figured if he got it solved, why not try this website.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502858/display-driver-intel-graphics-accelerator-driver-vistar-stopped-responding/
Relevancy 46.44%

So anyone got any ideas for this issue? It seems as if though its not hardware related and more driver/software related. I've put my cpu at stock settings underclocked my graphics card changed ram timings and this is a new set of sticks since i replaced them following someones post saying that that was their issue so gave it a try but apparently it isn't go in safe mode uninstall drivers run driver sweep reboot reinstall nothing problem persists and yes i do have the latest mobo/vid drivers.

[CPU] Intel? Core? i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), Overclocked~4.2GHz
[RAM] 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 Triple channel
[MOBO] Asus Rampage II Extreme X58
[GPU] GTX 285 SSC X2 SLI 740/1660/2800
[HDD] WD Velociraptor 300GB x2 raid 0 stripe
[PSU] Corsair 1000HX
[SC] X-FI Titanium
[Case] Lian Li PC-P80
[OS] Windows Vista? Ultimate SP1

Everything looks in order?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nvlddmkm-sys-display-driver-has-stopped-responding-attempt-to-reset-driver-failed-363262.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Here are my system specs

Athlon 64 X2 3800
Asus A8N32SLI Deluxe
2x Geforce 7800 GT
2 GB (4x512) Crucial Ballistics 2-2-2-6

Vista Ultimate x64
Nvidia Forceware 100.65

I experience a driver crash and recovery from time to time, especially when playing newer 3D games (primarily Lord of the Rings Online). Anyone else having any similar problems?

A:Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered - nvlddmkm nVidia Driver

Originally Posted by bataylor1314

Here are my system specs

Athlon 64 X2 3800
Asus A8N32SLI Deluxe
2x Geforce 7800 GT
2 GB (4x512) Crucial Ballistics 2-2-2-6

Vista Ultimate x64
Nvidia Forceware 100.65

I experience a driver crash and recovery from time to time, especially when playing newer 3D games (primarily Lord of the Rings Online). Anyone else having any similar problems?

Hi.
This driver it?s in beta version, remembered, only you need put in mode sli, only one GPU, and the porblem finish. I have 2x 6800, and y resolver with this way.

regards.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/51389-display-driver-stopped-responding-has-recovered-nvlddmkm-nvidia-driver.html
Relevancy 46.44%

For about a week now i have been experiencing a problem Anytime I try to watch a video on youtube or playing LoL my screen blacks out and it either 347.25 Driver Windows Display Driver, Mode Kernel NVIDIA Version Recovers successfully and displays the error Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Windows Version stopped responding and successfully recovered the screen completely blacks out and displays an error and PC has to restart I am currently running windows x GB RAM Intel Core i - QM Please help As soon as possible Thanks in advance And here is my Dxdiag Log result ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name ASUS-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model N SL BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel reg Core i - QM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.25 Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.25 bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel reg HD Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.25 Graphics Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel reg HD Graphics Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id SEC B Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd igd umd Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E - - CF- - B C C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x B Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf IntelGfx NTamd iSNBM pci ven amp dev amp subsys b Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeWMV C ModeVC C Deinterlace Caps BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out YV YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceT... Read more

A:Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.25

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark only the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571840/display-driver-nvidia-windows-kernel-mode-driver-version-34725/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am not sure if this is where it belongs or if it is a Graphics Card issue I have an Acer Aspire z- with an Intel R Pentium R p GHz MB cache This only happens to me while I am playing The Sims I have the game set on the lowest quality settings even though my laptop quot claims quot to be HD LED etc This issue still happens As you may know I cannot replace the graphics card as it is apart of the motherboard and to buy a new motherboard with a better graphics card would cost more than a new Graphics XP driver for Display Windows Driver Intel Stop Accelerator computer I have been the my manufacture's website and tried installing an Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver for Windows XP Stop update of the graphics card and that didn't do the trick either I am at my wits end and I just want to play the game without it shutting down and freezing my computer The reason I know the error is because I do Alt Tab to get back to the desktop The way it acts up while I am in game is the screen blacks out but I can still see the software's mouse and then it blinks a couple times and then freezes completely causing me to do a hard shut down What can I do to resolve this issue

A:Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver for Windows XP Stop

i havent found anybody that sells motherboards for acer with better a better graphics chipset. i would really like to have a better chipset tn this radeon express x1200.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/254215-display-driver-intel-graphics-accelerator-driver-windows-xp-stop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba Satellite S70-B-10T, buy in November 2014. Since December 2015 he began to crash when I play League of legend after the
loading wit the error : "display driver has crashed and recovered".
I am on windows 10 I try to bac on Windows 7 and Windows 8 but the problem remains the same.
I try uninstall the driver and install correctly the latest same problem.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93279-Satellite-S70-B-10T-AMD-driver-crash-with-error-Display-driver-stopped-responding-and
Relevancy 46.44%

quot display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version stopped responding and has recovered quot Hello and thanks in advance for your windows nvidia kernel driver version 332.21 stopped responding... mode display driver help I am using a Dell XPS computer with the following specs Windows Home Premium Service Pack Bit OS Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 332.21 stopped responding... GB RAM Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Dell has attempted to help me with this problem Prior to having this error pop up on my screen the computer would just have a blank screen at start up after the dell logo then the windows logo appeared They had me run the computer in safe mode with networking and they have uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled them they ran CCleaner and fixed all registry errors cleaned out temporary files they installed and ran Windows Security Essentials and got rid of any malware Finally they decided to send me a new graphics card They had a technician come install the new card and run a diagnostic test and update all drivers Everything seemed to be fine but when I opened a game on the system that uses the more intense graphics the screen went blank again I have not played any games since but while browsing the internet at random times I get the error message from the title of this post The screen will go blank for a few seconds then reappear with that message I have tried to do some research and have found that the error is probably something called TDR However I am not an expert and I am clueless Please let me know at your earliest convenience the steps I can take to resolve this issue nbsp

A:display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 332.21 stopped responding...

Can someone please help me with this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-nvidia-windows-kernel-mode-driver-version-332-21-stopped-responding.1119473/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I was working with an audio recording software just now when I faced this error in the subject line The screen blacked for seconds Display Version 266.58 responding stopped Driver Driver Kernel Nvidia Mode Windows or so and then came Display Driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 266.58 stopped responding back Also I faced similar errors when I was using Power Point and a screen recorder software but the error was a bit different nvlkdm has stopped working Also I had just installed IE beta hardware acceleration opened the first site and the system crashed and I had to do Display Driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 266.58 stopped responding a hard reboot and Display Driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 266.58 stopped responding unistall IE to save my life from such errors again The errors are just random The nVidia drivers are downloaded the official nVidia and are the latest available for my DELL XPS M with M GT OS Win Ultimate bit I also got two BSOD s at different time with a message saying quot Unable to reset the display A problem occured with the display driver driver quot I noted this error code on the blue screen x nvlddmkm sys Dumping physical memory etc etc There are no Minidumps being formed in Windows Minidump I just enabled them now so I wasn t able to post any of them - All temperatures normal RAM test with Windows Memory Diagnostic memtest DELL Diagnostics pass no overclocking However I perfomed the stability test with Furmark for my grpahics acrd and the display started flickering with dots Earlier when I installed the driver and had the performed the stability it had ran absolutely fine for more than min I read somewhere it can be an issue of Windows Update KB and I looked it in Installed upadtes to uninstall this but I didn t see it listed there nbsp

A:Display Driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 266.58 stopped responding

Hi,
I unistalled the previous driver 266.58, clened using a driver sweeper. I installed the drivers that came with my system from DELL (At that time, I had Vista).
I installed the drivers in Compatibility Mode for Win Vista SP2. After this, when I performed the test, the system still crashed and I got this error on the desktop.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 8797F024
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
E:\Windows\Minidump\020711-32183-01.dmp
E:\Users\Sarin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-56690-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
E:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Here's the minidump file
020711-32183-01 Crash Dump File

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-nvidia-windows-kernel-mode-driver-version-266-58-stopped-responding.979283/
Relevancy 46.44%

I received this error see subject line or below this evening while using Adobe Photoshop CS on my Windows -bit system Error occurred while attempting to use the slice tool in Photoshop The screen froze momentarily - seconds the went black - seconds and then came back to quot normal quot but with the error message in the bottom right corner of screen If occurred - times within minutes I rebooted Photoshop and it has not occurred since Display stopped Mode Windows Nvidia Kernal driver 185.93 Version responding Driver, but I m extremely worried since my computer is my livelihood and I cannot afford to be without it should it go down on me unexpectedly I had a local guy install this video card on my system - weeks ago http www staples com PNY-GeForce- -GT- GB-PCIe-Verto-Graphics-Card product cmArea SEARCH Not sure if it is the culprit or not Here s the error again quot Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver Version stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot Thanks in advance Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding for any assistance that is provided nbsp Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding

A:Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 185.93 stopped responding

Try downloading the latest drivers from nVidia click on support then download drivers, without knowing your exact Display adapter model i cant give you the exact page to download from

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-nvidia-windows-kernal-mode-driver-version-185-93-stopped-responding.145500/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey,

I'm running Windows 7 and this has happened a few times. The PC freezes and then starts working again. A little pop up appears 'Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has recovered'.

Code:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1:
P2:
P3:
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WD-20111113-1449.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-8590101-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Windows\Temp\WER15B4.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_0_0_cab_0f6315b4

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: b92a9a92-0e06-11e1-8abc-f46d048fe153
Report Status: 4

A:Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has recovered

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Most often this is caused by a problem with the display driver - but it can also be caused by other things (such as hardware problems, etc).

To check about the drivers, visit the ATI website ( Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD ) and download/install the latest version of the drivers for your system. FYI - your ATI drivers date from Feb 2010 - that's pretty old for a graphics driver!

If this doesn't fix things, the STOP error is a 0x117. This is very similar to the STOP 0x116 and troubleshooting is the same - so please visit this link to see other suggested troubleshooting: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums

Please uninstall SpeedFan as the giveio.sys driver dates from 1996. If you wish to continue using it, please download a fresh copy from the owners website.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\WD-20111113-1449.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Sun Nov 13 09:49:39.439 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:23:04.844
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+4ca0 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_TIMEOUT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x117
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x117_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
Bugcheck code 00000117
Arguments 85481008 8dc46ca0 00000000 00000000
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/display-driver-amd-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered-612302.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am totally weirded out by this I got a Samsung Evo ssd about a month ago I include this because it might cause the and Wifi corrupted/gone Driver, Display Printer, driver problem I am running windows x Last Saturday I woke up and my computer blue-screened because of a DPC WATCHDOG something or another I was able to fix it by updating my GPU and integrated graphics drivers Yesterday tuesday I went to print a document with LibreOffice and it said copied from a dialog box splwow exe - Bad Image Printer, Display Driver, and Wifi driver corrupted/gone --------------------------- C Windows system spool DRIVERS x UNIDRV DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator Printer, Display Driver, and Wifi driver corrupted/gone or the software vendor for support Error status xc f Okay I think I can print elsewhere I continue working still need a solution to this part of my question is how do I fix this Here is where it gets weirder today twice I put my computer to sleep and when it wakes up my wifi is gone boom nada I try toggling my PC into airplane mode I try turning Airplane mode off wifi stays off I try to turn the wifi on and it won't turn on I tried manually dragging it to no avail I am now assuming this is a driver issue Any ideas what could be causing this I have run a full scan of my AV and am scanning with ESET online but nothing yet

A:Printer, Display Driver, and Wifi driver corrupted/gone

Well problems went away... still no printer driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63597-printer-display-driver-wifi-driver-corrupted-gone.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Howdy! I've recently had the infamous "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered." error while playing The Ship (Steam powered). I have done research and found the most recommended solution, which is upgrading my driver.
However, after downloading the new driver for my Intel Express 82945G video card, (6/6/2007, whereas my current one is in December) I read the readme. It explicitly states that you must have at least 1 GB of system memory. However, my new Windows Vista computer only has 512 MB. Because of this, I have not yet installed the driver.
Next course of action?
Thanks!

-Glunn

A:Display Driver Igfx Error/ok To Upgrade Driver?

It sounds like you definitely need the new driver, but if it states you need 1 gig...you probably do. If you are playing graphics intensive games you should likely upgrade anyway.

If it were me (and I am not advising you to do this) I would back everything up first, then go ahead and try to install the new driver, and see if it worked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97706/display-driver-igfx-errorok-to-upgrade-driver/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys recently my brother built a pc for me and successfully... stopped AMD driver Display has and driver responding everything is fine and Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully... running smooth but I keep getting this annoying error when I play like multiple clients of a game or just Call of Duty Like if I got - windowed clients of rose online and listen to music or i'm on twitch at the same time sometimes my screen goes black for like - sec and then the error pops up and most of my clients are ''not responding'' so I have to restart them or reset my shop etc so it's really annoying I've been getting this error for a while now sometimes it doesn't happen in like days and then it can happen - times in hours I've already googled and searched a lot but it was never clear and there was so many fixes that I gave up i'm not really good with pc's and everything so i'd really appreciate some help arghh I installed the latest drivers Still getting it was wondering if anyone could help me or know the exact problem of this Thank you so much

A:Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully...

Have this always happpened? It might be that your graphics card cannot handle it. Could you fill your system spec? System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/322250-display-driver-amd-driver-stopped-responding-has-successfully.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So I have recently had an issue with the y ideapad laptop I know display driver background ... driver, 10 Y560 Windows WAY Y560 display driver, Windows 10 background driver ... past use of life but it's still plodding along just fine nbsp The display driver I think is crashing after the windows load screen on boot nbsp Make a long story short through my diagnosis of the laptop I thought it may be the thermals from the video card and CPU nbsp Ergo I Y560 display driver, Windows 10 background driver ... pulled the thing apart replaced the thermal compound and was still running into the same issue of the laptop not making to the login section on boot and occasionally throwing a black screen up in safe mode nbsp Went in via safe mode very odd by the way to get there on Windows and nuked the drivers for the old series mobility AMD card nbsp I was still experiencing the same issues after a fresh driver reinstall so I just resigned myself to using the laptop with the built in graphics on the MOBO instead of the video card nbsp Well after about an hour of putzing around feeling sorry for myself Windows blanks the screen out and pops up with the drivers re-installed and the screen looking like normal nbsp So my question is two fold nbsp Anyone have a solution for the blank screen after the windows boot screen all research points back to this being a problem years ago but driver updates seem to have solved the issue nbsp Is Windows doing funny things with my drivers in the background unbegonist to me nbsp While I have little doubt Windows IS doing things Y560 display driver, Windows 10 background driver ... I'm looking for a way to turn it off seeing as how I have such an old laptop and the drivers are JUST fine and dandy the way they are nbsp Thanks in advance -Liggett nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y560-display-driver-Windows-10-background-driver-downloads/td-p/3378651
Relevancy 45.15%

Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Is the error I am getting. I get it when opening a new chrome browser and every few seconds while playing Diablo 3. I've tried updating DX drivers as was suggested by a different forums to no avail. I just completed building this computer 2 weeks ago. I was out of town last week so haven't had a chance to research this problem till now.

Thanks in advance,

A:Display driver amd driver stopped responding...

What PSU and graphics card have you got?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285716-display-driver-amd-driver-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 45.15%

When I am playing game sometimes it said that display driver has stopped working and close the game, It's not for every time, It is happening sometimes what's the solution? plz help   another problem: after updating my windows 10 the dislplay colour also change , and it is red-white around the screen, this is tottaly uncomfortable for me,plz help tnx in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/display-driver-amp-display-colour/td-p/5766118
Relevancy 43.86%

The computer's a year old running XP and my incredibly card slow. mode issue? Driver Safe issue? Video boyfriend and I have no idea what's wrong with it it's his I'd put in hardware support but I don't know which piece of hardware may be corrupted exploding as we speak or what It began last night He's done this before -- he has two monitors one meant for a TV I believe and another old computer screen Normally it runs on the TV one because it's bigger He switched to the older one to show me how he can adjust the settings so that it's all vertical That was great and dandy and we didn't expect any issues He's done it before and it really isn't doing much to the computer Later after midnight he goes to switch everything back to normal First the computer acts like Driver issue? Video card issue? Safe mode incredibly slow. the monitor is there but that it can't do anything -- it tries to go into sleep mode or something Then I suggest he unplug Driver issue? Video card issue? Safe mode incredibly slow. shut down plug things back in normally and power back up This appears to work I was a bit happy then until we got to the XP loading screen It's going and then after it flashes then goes black Nothing comes up nothing does anything And so the three hour saga of last night begins We restart we spam F we get into safe mode he disables Nvidia but can't open the application Nor does his mouse function in safe mode I know some don't but it really doesn't help the situation I've used my laptop to bring up shortcut keys and we're functioning through everything that way He restarts after disabling Nvidia and nothing's different Spam F repeat We go to the device manager and look for any signs of danger He re-enables Nvidia restarts nothing different He tries looking for updates and he tells me that Nvidia doesn't need any nor does anything else in the device manager so far as he can see I'd written down the driver for Nvidia prepared to find any updates online and download it and somehow get it to him since even in safe mode with networking it didn't seem like he could get to the internet He's already started trying things again today but I think he wants to give up and just throw it out which we really can't do This makes no sense either so I refuse to give up until I find out what the heck is wrong with it in the first place Furthermore in safe mode everything is running incredibly slowly I don't know if this is normal since I've never had to do this but I'm talking - minutes between each command sometimes We also could not enter VGA mode for some reason nor are we able to normally boot He went to F and possibly F as well and couldn't find anything there that looked helpful but I just don't know what's going on or where to look because nothing appears to be wrong besides the way that it's acting Please and thank you so much I'll greatly appreciate anyone who can quickly assist and stick around for a little while for our answers as they'll take some time with the speed of the computer right now The Nvidia driver is Nvidia GeForce SE nForce I'm on my laptop if that wasn't clear which is a separate computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/driver-issue-video-card-issue-safe-mode-incredibly-slow-405321.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I posted the same on their tech support forum but I'm beginning to think the issue while it may have been exacerbated by the game Guildwars is likely on my end but I have a memory issue? (GW2 space GPU update can't Also, HD crashing) driver Odd issue? number of suggestions none of which has worked Also tried my own stuff Anyway here is what I posted on their own tech forum ------ Having a lot of issues getting into gw I have bits and pieces Odd memory issue? HD space issue? Also, can't update GPU driver (GW2 crashing) of problems others have had in the past but nothing seems to work so I m re-downloading the game basically All I want to do is play the freaking game why does it have to be so much trouble Once in awhile I will get that blue and yellow graphical glitch on something Just more info for diagnosis If and when this happens it s always immediately apparent at character select However The biggest problem I have with GW is also on login it either crashes or bluescreens my computer right after clicking play and the client tries to load for - seconds For the past few days of the time it just crashes If I try to patch after that point the patcher stops at Downloading KB and will not budge from it Not even to log in I have to reboot my computer to get it past Downloading KB One post I found said that they started having all these problems after downloading a number of games on Steam which I have done off and on due to a friend getting me a few gifts until their HD shrank down to gigs Same here and the problem got worse around that same time frame Since downloading Chivalry last week which put me down to gigs I ve been crashing times However after deleting Tera and Aion then having around gigs of space I m still having the same issue I tried updating my video card nVidia s GTX driver but for some reason it just continuously failed So I tried a slightly older version Failed So I tried the oldest video card driver installer I could find in my folders still failed So I went and dug up the freaking basic driver CD installer that came with it That worked Tried updating drivers again failed again So I had to run the CD again I also tried restoring my computer to last week prior to downloading Chivalry prior to updating any drivers That too failed Your system cannot be restored to this date and changes were reverted or something to that effect Yes I picked one of the ones it told me to pick Since running the CD for my oldest driver my screen also flashes black initially after my desktop appears when booting my computer As an additional note for the past few weeks whenever I want to get on GW it seems like it ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE THE FIRST THING I DO PERIOD OR IT WILL CRASH However if it s the first thing I can use my computer just fine as normal But if I say load up Google Chrome and surf for a minute at all GW was guaranteed to crash However if I loaded GW first before absolutely anything else it would usually load not always and with the game still open I could browse do whatever with absolutely no issue at all I just want to play the game anyone have any insight ---------- In addition here is the information from the error crash log of the game itself that may help with some insight Crash lt Fatal Error Fatal disk-error on read App Gw exe Pid Cmdline BaseAddr ProgramId Build When - - T Z - - T - Uptime days Flags System lt Name ZEKE-QECX F PA IpAddr Processors GenuineIntel OSVersion Windows bit System Memory lt Physical MB MB Paged MB MB Virtual MB MB Load CommitTotal MB CommitLimit MB CommitPeak MB SystemCache MB HandleCount ProcessCount ThreadCount Process Memory lt Private MB WorkingSet MB PeakWorkingSet MB PageFaults DbgHelp dll is C WINDOWS system dbghelp dll DbgHelp dll version -bit compatible ThreadPoolFile Thread xe lt Trace lt Pc c f Fr fcc Rt e Arg ea e ea b aa Pc e Fr fcf Rt f Arg feb aa db fa fe Pc f Fr fe Rt f f Arg db fa fe db fa fac Pc f f Fr fe c Rt fe Arg db fa fe a db fa Pc fe Fr fe Rt a Arg db fa fac Pc... Read more

A:Odd memory issue? HD space issue? Also, can't update GPU driver (GW2 crashing)

Unfortunately, though I thought I did, I have no images of the odd cyan/yellow graphics glitch, and I have no way of getting one (google didn't turn up any that looked the same as mine, granted some were similar).

Edit - I also noticed after re-enabling page memory on my primary drive after freeing up some space, that in the error logs, the amount of paged memory in use is for some reason higher. I can't imagine why this is, but maybe I don't understand the process.

*--> System Memory <--*
Physical:   845MB/ 2047MB  41%
Paged:     5375MB/ 7009MB  76%
Virtual:    822MB/ 2047MB  40%
Load: 58%

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486933/odd-memory-issue-hd-space-issue-also-cant-update-gpu-driver-gw2-crashing/
Relevancy 43.43%

It shows two drivers with errors, mobile 4 series express microsoft wddm 1.1.  If I delete them and reboot, they both come back.  The lenovo system update does not recommend a newer video driver, the intel tools don't find it, if I manually download and try to run the win10 one for x64 systems it says it does not meet the minimum system requirements.  Some searching shows it to be a 4500 series type driver so I would think it would have worked.  Any ideas?

A:R500 video driver issue - is there a win10 driver ...

Are you running 32-bit or 54-bit windows 10? Does your R500 have integrated or discreet graphics?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/R500-video-driver-issue-is-there-a-win10-driver-for-this/td-p/2273422
Relevancy 43.43%

Hp computer has an issue withDisplay driver AMD Driver Stopped and after that I get this pop up Error: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered  I have windows 10 came when I brought it New from HPHow do I fix this issue Display driver AMD Driver Stopped responding and has successfully recovered??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Display-driver-AMD-Driver-Stopped/td-p/5665422
Relevancy 43.43%

I have  windows 10 as my operating system issue is this pop up Display driver AMD Driver Stopped
after another pop up HP PCs - Error: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered 
not getting no help from HP really bad tech support should have got a Dell Computer please Help ??

email address is :  [email protected]

Display driver AMD Driver Stopped

Detail on my computer system
Model #: 22-a140xt
Product #: N1N09AV#ABA
Serial #: [personal information removed]
Software Build #: 15AM3QCT605#SABA#DABA
Service ID #: 20160511
PCBRAND #: HP
OS #: ML

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Display-driver-AMD-Driver-Stopped/td-p/5665324
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys,

I am having two issues with my laptop.

1.  When my laptop is running on battery (no matter which power option I choose) the screen will go black or flicker if I stop moving my mouse.  The moment I move it goes back to being fine but if I let go it flickers.

2.  When I put my computer to sleep and then turn it back on later, the wireless card just stops working.  I get a red x on the wifi icon in my toolbar and it will not show any networks, even if I  Disable/Re-enable the wireless card.

I have already deleted the graphic card drivers and wireless drivers and reinstalled. My laptop is has a dedicated graphic card but it also uses the onboard graphic card.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

A:DIsplay issue and Wifi issue

Make and model of the computer ?

You say 'mouse'. Do you mean a USB or wireless mouse or are you referring to the track pad ?

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598945/display-issue-and-wifi-issue/
Relevancy 43%

Everytime I try to open Google Earth Starcraft or run a Nvidia stability test the application freezes the screen goes black for a few seconds and the above message pops up along with error code quot quot I also somtimes get quot display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot which then crashes and recovers several times until the whole lost driver display OpenGL has fix do "Nvidia I How connection driver" with crash the computer crashes and I get blue screened It always happens with ten seconds of How do I fix "Nvidia OpenGL driver has lost connection with the display driver" crash opening one of those programs I have tried updateing my graphics drivers clean installing older drivers editing the registry turning off Aero and using system restore Nothing works and I am out of ideas Here are my specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor How do I fix "Nvidia OpenGL driver has lost connection with the display driver" crash Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN Napa HP P N ULSL Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-fix-nvidia-opengl-driver-has-lost-connection-with-the-display-driver-crash.1014776/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all I'm not sure where to start with this issue it's bit spread out but it all started while I issue? issue maybe its a 8800GT bios Or Driver was gaming and the game froze and then the computer crashed The freezing happened every once in a while but the crashing had never happened During the restart I see this And then when windows tried to start up I got a blue screen and then it rebooted once again Determining that this was an issue with the bios I resetted the CMOS No change So I flashed the bios with the newest update Again no change I was able to boot my computer in safe mode with no issue though So I figured it must be a driver issue I started by removing my graphics driver for my GT and rebooted It was able to start up Windows fine but the stuff in that image above still occured I then tried to install the drivers located on the NVIDIA website instead of using Window's driver But I got a message saying that I'm not using Windows or Vista and as such I cannot install but I am using Windows Pro So I tried using the Window's auto driver install and when I restart I am unable to load Windows normally So I'm really puzzled now because right now I believe it's a driver issue but I can't install any other driver than the one Window's installs Also 8800GT Driver issue? Or maybe its a bios issue if I am able to get a driver installed how would it relate to the above image Thanks for any help 8800GT Driver issue? Or maybe its a bios issue and if more information is needed please let me know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/8800gt-driver-issue-or-maybe-its-a-bios-issue-431798.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Well I just found this forum today, so I decided to ask this question.

About a year ago, I had to system restore, because my computer just kept FSODing on me. When I went through the system restore process with Dell, at the end of the process I got an error. I don't quite remember what it was, as it was so long ago.

Ever since then, my computer has been completely without sound. I have tried everything from installing/reinstalling/uninstalling drivers, to the most simplistic, such as checking if my speakers work, or are connected.

So far, nothing has brought me any closer to figuring out what this problem could be. I am pretty sure that somehow, my sound card (its an integrated one) has just fried or something, but I really dont know.

So... is my sound card busted? Or are my drivers just not working for some reason?

Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Sound Card issue, or driver issue?

System restore . . .

System restore or system recovery? Did wipe the old operating system out and reinstall everything from scratch (system recovery) or did you use Windows' system restore to backdate the configuration. (Frankly, I think the choice these of terms by the industry are very confusing.)

Assuming system recovery and assuming the sound worked before and quit after system recovery, I'm for a misconfiguration. But, the simpler fix might be a cheap add-in sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-issue-or-driver-issue.645672/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all maybe bios 8800GT its issue. a Driver issue? Or I'm not sure 8800GT Driver issue? Or maybe its a bios issue. where to start with this issue it's bit spread out but it all started while I was gaming and the game froze and then the computer crashed The freezing happened every once in a while but the crashing had never happened During the restart I see this And then when windows tried to start up I got a blue screen and then it rebooted once again Determining that this was an issue with the bios I resetted the CMOS No change So I flashed the bios with the newest update Again no change I was able to boot my computer in safe mode with no issue though So I figured it must be a driver issue I started by removing my graphics driver for my GT and rebooted It was able to start up Windows fine but the stuff in that image above still occured I then tried to install the drivers located on the NVIDIA website instead of using Window's driver But I got a message saying that I'm not using Windows or Vista and as such I cannot install but I am using Windows Pro So I tried using the Window's auto driver install and when I restart I am unable to load Windows normally So I'm really puzzled now because right now I believe it's a driver issue but I can't install any other driver than the one Window's installs Also if I am able to get a driver installed how would it relate to the above image Thanks for any help and if more information is needed please let me know

A:8800GT Driver issue? Or maybe its a bios issue.

hey did you reboot in safe mode and review everthing in that area and or install the drivers in there as well

how about system restore? i try not to but sometimes have to

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/38679-8800gt-driver-issue-maybe-its-bios-issue.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am upgrading my older laptop to windows xp and everything works great with the exception of needing a new driver for the display chips and technologies 65555 pci. If anyone knows where i can find this or how i can fix this problem it is greatly appreciated.

A:Driver for display

Try using the driver at http://www.video-drivers.com/drivers/81/81187.htm.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/driver-for-display-17218.html
Relevancy 40.85%

hi guys,
gettin really stressed....
everytime i go to cod or fifa manager or any game like that it will work for a few seconds, then it freezes and shows a blue screen, which says my display driver has stoped responding, i have run in safe mode and "rolled back" to my old driver, still not working, i reinstalled latest driver... still nothing

I have no idea what is wrong, it just started doing this a few days ago, any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 40.85%

I keeping getting a message saying display driver stopped responding but recovered itself. Can I fix this?

Relevancy 40.85%

I had problems after updating my driver using windows update. I was told to uninstall my dispaly driver to re-install it but now after going to the nvidia website I have no idea what I should dl for my display driver.

A:display driver

Windows update can really mess up older nvidia and ATi video cards.
Unfortunately without knowing your video card, I have less of an idea then you do and can only suggest go here and put in your card model:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
If you don't know what that is download and install this to find out:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver.553918/
Relevancy 40.85%

My display driver stops responding and says it was recovered but it says its for windows vista and i have windows 7. Oh ya HI, my name is Tara I'm new to this site.

A:Display Driver

Welcome,
A bit more information please. Is this graphics feature on your motherboard or a plug in card?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534098/display-driver/
Relevancy 40.85%

hey i having this...ERROR display driver fc!Why?Im using HP 1000,AMD HD 7450M,RAM 2 GB,

Relevancy 40.85%

Every now and again, my screen goes black and after it has come back, I get a message saying "Display driver stopped responding" with some more words underneath. Unfortunately, the message doesn't stay on the screen long enough to properly read what it says.

Does this mean I have a faulty display driver please and if so, what should I do about it please?

Which driver do you have installed for your GPU? Check in Device Manager and post back with the info, we'll go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/366954-display-driver.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I have purchased new HP 15 r035tu. I want to use win 7 32 bit operating system on this.I am unable to install display driver, pl help me. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:display driver.

Hi: Actually after much digging around, I eventually found one buried deep in the Intel site in a very unlikely place. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx???DwnldID=23889 Download, unzip and run the setup exe file.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/display-driver/td-p/4636838
Relevancy 40.85%

I was playing a new closed beta mmorpg when an error occurred with the ialmrnt.dll file {my main display driver}
Is there an update I can get for this driver or a way to stop the error?
diagnostics are in profile

email me or contact me via msn or reply to this thanks

A:Display driver

Go to your motherboards manufacturers website and download and install the latest video driver. Have you updated XP to SP3?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver.111292/
Relevancy 40.85%

I get this message when I'm photoshopping:

Only happens when I'm using photoshop, never happens when playing games or any other graphic demanding tasks.
I've tried several older versions of my display driver yet it still happens, and more often.

I have a GTX 260 graphics card.
Any suggestions? =]

I did some searching on this problem, it seems that most of the suggestions have to do with problems with addons or plugins.
What's been suggested is to uninstall or disable these one at a time till you hopefully find the one that might be causing the issue.
I know it's not a definitive answer but it's the only thing I could find to suggest. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/111562-display-driver.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I was recently provided with a new to me Coretronic PV755a monitor. Can someone help me locate the appropriate driver or settings for this. Upon bootup it generally, but not always results in the image being small and offset. As always, any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-display-driver.969187/
Relevancy 40.85%

Everytime i play world of warcraft my screen goes black for few seconds and i get a message saying

'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered'

i checked my device driver and there no yellow triangle or anything

Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
thats my display adapter

any ideas whats wrong?

cheers

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, I have a Latitude C840, a rather old laptop, that I just got and I have noticed that the video driver has not been updated, but it does not matter what I do, I can not find out what kind of video driver that it has or how I can update it because as of now, everything goes really slow, like when I scroll or drag a window, you can tell that it is the display driver.

Maybe there is a universal driver for this?

I have checked in Device Manager, I have used Driver Detective, I have used Uniblue Driver Scanner, and none of them have found out what kind of Display or Video device that I have in order to update it. Someone please help me in this situation.

Thanks.

You can get the drivers for your Dell Latitude C840 at Dell's site - http://support.dell.com/support/dow...D=LAT_PNT_P4_C840&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver.959778/
Relevancy 40.85%

Do any of you fine people know where I might get the display drivers for an SiS 530/620 intergrated 3D VGA controller.

I've been trying the SiS website but the drivers download page keeps timing out.

Thanks
John

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

My system configuration is P4-1.7GHz, 1GB DDR1 RAM, Intel Desktop D845GLAD MB with 80GB IDE HDD. Current OS system is Windows XP.

I wish to install Windows Vista Ultimate on my system. I tried trial installation where display (graphics) drivers from XP to Vista could not be transferred.

Can you please help me on this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Yogz

Ok now your drivers will be slightly different for Vista and i'm assuming its a 32bit, X86

Download both these drivers and hopefully you should be able to perform a clean installation of Vista

Vista Bios for Intel

Vista Graphics driver for Intel

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-driver-231613.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I m greener than grass at this and I have a problem Can anyone please help The display driver has developed a snag the machine repeatedly went to a black screen but made a fan like whirring noise I had to force the pc to shut down On restart I got a screen of gobbledegook and eventually managed to start in safe mode Now in the device manager under display adapters I can see Video Controller VGA Compatible with a little yellow mark by it When I attempt to download a Display Driver driver I get an error ocurred during installation of device Access Denied or Could not find compatible graphics hardware I have got past my level of expertise for Display Driver all my efforts I cannot get the pc to perform the way it used to The resolution and general speed is as if I m in safe mode So my question is how on earth do I get a display driver on board As I have indicated any reply will need to be in fairly basic language as I make two short planks Display Driver look positively thin Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Video Controller VGA Compatible Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

the screen gets really fuzzy and just a few minutes ago the screen resolution was horrible, the colors were dull and the font and the icons were huge... after restarting it was ok. but lately i have been having problems with my display driver. after restarting i got an error stating soemthing like the nvdia display driver was unable to complete its' task. and when i scroll up or down on my browser pages lines appear on the screen. it's not the video card, i just had someone here and they replaced the card.

I'd got to www.guru3d.com and download the detonator distroyer, run it, then reboot and download new vid card drivers from www.nvidia.com.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver.187511/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

Earlier this morning I wiped the hard-drive of my emachines 270 using Dariks Nuke and Boot. I put all the stuff I needed of the computer onto a flash drive before doing so. This included the system32 folder that contained all the comps drivers. I have just installed Windows XP (Service Pack 2) but my monitor display will not go above 640x480 and 4 colours. Does anybody know how to find out what driver I need? Thanks in advance.

Tom.

A:Display Driver???

Tom: Most likely, you need a video driver since you wiped it out when you wiped the drive.
Perhaps the file you saved to the flash drive doesn't contain the video driver.
If you have net, go to the eMachine support site, enter your series and model no. and look for your video driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver.624694/
Relevancy 40.85%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.20GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 446 Mb
Graphics Card: IGP 340M, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 38146 MB, Free - 21257 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 002A
Antivirus: microsoft essentials

Relevancy 40.85%

Gentlemen,

I have a Panasonic Toughbook CF-27 and need a display driver for windows 98.
Can somebody help me with this driver?

A:CF-27 display driver

This is as close as I can get you. You have to go in and get it from here: http://tcc.toughbook.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cf-27-display-driver.324708/
Relevancy 40.85%

i just repair windows xp through windows xp boobable cd after that it is not shown display driver when i manualy tray to install display driver it shows this error" An unknown error has occurred setup will exit"

Hello, please explain exactly how you manage to 'repair' your XP installation, also have you been able to install all the updates still available, including SP3, and how exactly are you trying to install the display driver? Also look in the Event Viewer and see if there are any additional details for your 'unknown error".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver.1134132/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi guyz im new to this forum and im here because of my pc problem i just formatted my pc and i cant play games anymore before i formatted it it was just fine and im a newbie display driver when it comes to computers here is my dxdiag ------------------ System Information display driver ------------------ Time of this report Machine display driver name ACOLYTE Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab The system is using the generic video driver Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer Direct D functionality not available You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name vga dll Driver Version English DDI Version unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD vga sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B - AAEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV D amp SUBSYS F amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFF ----------- DirectMusic ----------- DLS Path C WINDOWS SYSTEM drivers GM DLS DLS Version Acceleration n a Ports Microsoft Synthesizer Software Not Kernel Mode Output DLS Internal Default Port Realtek AC Audio Software Kernel Mode Output DLS Internal Microsoft MIDI Mapper Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS Internal Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS Internal Registry OK Test Result Not run ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name USB Keyboard Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x CF x FF Driver n a Device Name USB Keyboard Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x CF x FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No Registry OK ----------- USB Devices ----------- USB Root Hub Vendor Product ID x x D Matching Device ID usb root hub Service usbhub Driver usbhub sys b... Read more

You've got to install drivers for your graphics card. Is it integrated? Or a separate card? You need to determine what brand and model it is, go to the manufacturers Web site and download and install the latest drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver.813671/
Relevancy 40.85%

i have 945 or 965 mercury mohter board but i am unable find display driver for win vista

Try running something like Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
or
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

That should give you more information about your hardware.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-driver-606903.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all and thanks for this site,

Well i got a error message when i play a specific game, i can play like 15-30min max then i got this error.

I got a 1G ram and GeForce 7500 ( or 7600 ) graphic card.

Thanks for the help!

Reinstall graphics drivers? Take off mod?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-driver-272315.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Blink the Screen than showing the message Stopped Display driver its happening after 4 to 5 minute i am to get the solution anyone know about it.

1. Welcome to Tech support guy
2. Your computer spec you have posted i3 - tells us absolutely nothing, except it is an Intel i3 processor
3. Please post the spec as it appears on
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
by copying and pasting to your reply the contents of the white box
4. My first suggestion is to update your video driver either from the motherboard site if it is integrated graphics
The graphic card site eg Nvidia, AMD etc if it is a separate card
OR the Computer manufacturers site if it is a Dell, Toshiba etc - a named make of computer
5. Please post the exact message - rather than stopped display driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver.1130060/
Relevancy 40.85%

i got windows 10 and i had my p70 built from lenovo i keep getting this alert poping up on my screen about a display driver for windows 8. can someone tell me why is it doing that and if my display is in danger.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-display-driver/td-p/3335863
Relevancy 40.85%

I have Windows XP I have had a few crashes lately. Occasionally, a window will appear stating "the
ialmrnt5 display driver stopped working normally".
How can I repair, update, or replace the current driver?

Hello, Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Please go here... http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng and run the Intel Driver Update Utility. That should help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver.1089153/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everyone, I'm new, lol. I'm using my droid eris to type here so please forgive my lack of anything. My puter recently quit on me all together due to "display driver nvd....". Is there any way to restore it? All I can tell you is that I'm running Vista home basic. I can't remember any other info on it, however, its just a home made job a friend put together for me. Thank you in advance for any help.

ah ha, graphic cards, of course

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/285552-display-driver.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello as you can read the title my problem is with my graphics card driver which wont let me use him I had a post before here for my BSOD problem it was solved thank God but after maybe months a new problem arose Right now my Display driver is disabled i went safemode to shut it i tried uninstalling it rebooting and it would boot up to my desktop but as soon as I open any programs windows will install a driver automatically and then ask me fora reboot then I ll reboot and after the windows logo shows right before I can see my desktop the monitor will shut off teling me that there s no signal cumming form the gfx Everything s fine without the driver I ve tried a few different version of drivers but it seems it wont accept them Anybody had the issue with mine please share how to solve this madness this sorcery Acer Predator G Display Driver going mad i - ghz gb RAM Nvidia GeForce GT Display Driver going mad Acer monitors x Windows Ultimate Display Driver going mad x You can read on my previous post on BSOD graphics card related here http forums techguy org showthread php t amp goto newpost nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all

Just a question about display drivers. I had a problem a while ago that nobody could help me with. It had to do with the display driver. I had to reformat. Anyway I had another problem yesterday. I turned on the computer and it got as far as the Windows screen and froze there. All the colors were just crazy. I restarted the computer and a box came up telling me to go into Safe Mode. I did that and assumed that it was the display driver. Which it was. I checked out the display driver and sure enough there was a problem. I reinstalled it, crossed my fingers and it worked!!!
I was just wondering if there is something wrong that would cause this to happen twice. I really don't want it happening again. Any suggestions?

I am running Windows 98
64mgs of Ram
6.1 gigs

Hello- Yes, there are several things that might cause problems....some hardware or software conflicts, outdated driver possibly installed, DX version you may not have updated to 8.1 or 8.1a, damage to video adapter itself....power supply going bad, RAM damage... have you installed an updated driver for video adapter, or one from the original install disks....may be out of date? Check the computer manufacturers site or the video chip /card's site for newer versions. Do you have an AGP or PCI type video adapter?----there may be a setting you have to turn on or off in BIOS. Does your system possibly need a monitor driver or .inf file installed to recognize it's actual make and model (does it show in Device manager as what it is)??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver.104071/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have 2 problems.

Toshiba laptop
Satellite L305-S5865
Model is PSLBOU-02S02D
OS is Windows 7 x32
Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU [email protected] 1.86GHz 1.87 GHz
Ram: 2.00 GB

Problem 1: October last year I change the OS from Vista to Win 7 and things were
okay. Lately I have been having these glitches where the screen goes blank and a pop up message appears "Windows display driver stopped working but has recovered". However, the message seem to suggest that Vista drivers are still in operation and I wonder if there is some incompatibility somewhere. How do I get this sorted?

Problem 2: CD-Rom drive. The meassage I am getting is Code 39 (windows cannot load the driver for this hardware). I have tried the Toshiba "fix it" method to no avail. Please help

Quote: Originally Posted by pedzisayi

Problem 1: October last year I change the OS from Vista to Win 7 and things were
okay. Lately I have been having these glitches where the screen goes blank and a pop up message appears "Windows display driver stopped working but has recovered". However, the message seem to suggest that Vista drivers are still in operation and I wonder if there is some incompatibility somewhere. How do I get this sorted?

If windows update was set to automatic, it may have downloaded a newer version that is not playing nice.

If not driver, check the temps for your video, as it may actually be overheating.

Lastly, it could simply be failing.

Quote:
Problem 2: CD-Rom drive. The meassage I am getting is Code 39 (windows cannot load the driver for this hardware). I have tried the Toshiba "fix it" method to no avail. Please help

Does the drive show up in BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/186401-display-driver.html
Relevancy 40.85%

when i tried windows 8 on my laptop for the display driver it had wddm driver and areo themes worked but on windows there is wddm driver that will work on it can i used the windows 8 dirver in windows 7 and if so where can get it from

We can't possibly provide any assistance to you unless you give us details as to your hardware... brand and model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/269515-display-driver.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi. I have a "dell" latitude notebook and cannot alter the diplay settings,can I use any display driver or would I have to find the "neomagic"driver ?the display installed is magic media. Thanks ron

You need the correct display driver for your video system.
Either on your restore cd or try here
http://support.dell.com/us/en/home.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver.68806/
Relevancy 40.85%

Lately I've had lots of problems watching any kind of video even a minute video clip nbsp Basically my PC just starting freezing a little when trying to watch any video nbsp Then the BSOD finally happened at it said the problem was with atikmpag sys nbsp After that I can only boot in safe mode nbsp Doing lots of research on this problem someone suggested that the atikmpag sys file says the file isn't validated nbsp Sure enough I can see that nbsp All display driver other files are fine in the directory except for that one nbsp So the suggestion was to rename the file to OLD and reboot nbsp Sure enough PC comes up now nbsp But as expected the display adapters in the device manager both say they couldn't be loaded Intel HD Graphics and Radeon display driver HD M nbsp Did more research on how to best get new versions nbsp Watched the HP video on display driver a different computer and it says to just go into device manager and select update driver for these nbsp Unfortunately Windows decided that both of these are up to date and won't download over the corrupted files directories even though it tells me that something is wrong with the display adapters when I just look at the General tab nbsp For completeness it says the problem is code nbsp So I need to update manually from the HP driver page nbsp I guess I want the Intel HD Graphics Driver from November my current one is July nbsp But because it's the graphics driver that is messed up I can't get this option from my laptop that has the problem nbsp I can see it on a different laptop though nbsp nbsp Bottom line is that I'm looking for instructions that will allow me to download the driver I'm guessing to a flash drive attached to a different computer and then correctly transferring that driver to the broken PC nbsp My biggest concerns are to not mess up the functioning PC and figuring out if I need to uninstall and then install from the flash drive and do I do that on bring up i e have the flash drive in the slot on boot up or do I do that after the system is already up nbsp So can someone point me to instructions to get the display driver downloaded and loaded on the correct PC Thanks much nbsp PS I'm still surprised to see that the newest driver is from nbsp Is that normal

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/display-driver/td-p/5652714
Relevancy 40.85%

I just loaded WinDVD on my laptop, I am getting the following error message. "Playback cannot continue due to lack of Macrovision support in the Video display driver. Please update your driver. What do I do next? How can I update my driver?

see if this helps here if not, I'll track down something else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver.131749/