Windows Support Forum

Windows does not read processor speed or RAM amount correctly

Q: Windows does not read processor speed or RAM amount correctly

I have a liquid cooling system hooked up to my machine I haven t been using my PC again until recently and I discovered that other people let the coolant run out The PC had shut itself Windows not amount or RAM speed does correctly processor read down as a precaution due to overheating Ok I have filled the coolant and everything seems fine in the BIOS My processor registers as a ghz Pentium and that I have MB of RAM When I go to Windows does not read processor speed or RAM amount correctly Windows gt Control Panel gt System gt General tab it shows my processor speed Ghz but then has a Ghz under that I m assuming that Windows registers this as running at Ghz Windows also registers my machine as having MB RAM instead of the Now this is far from affecting performance but I m somewhat of a perfectionist and it s an annoyance when my computer isn t running how it should Is it possible that there is damage to some parts even though the BIOS registers everything Or is it just Windows screwing up possible because of the automatic shutdown and is there a way to fix it nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows does not read processor speed or RAM amount correctly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows does not read processor speed or RAM amount correctly

Hey my comp does that to :knock: I would not wory about it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-does-not-read-processor-speed-or-ram-amount-correctly.21453/
Relevancy 69.23%

Okay, I have a Asus p4p motherboard and I had 1gig of Kingston, 400 dual channel RAM in, perfect. Now, I add the exact same Kingston, 400 dual channel RAM in (2 more 512's) and windows is only reading 1.5 gigs.

If I do my math right I think it's supposed to say 2gig? Any help on this issue?

Thank you in advance,

Kent

Relevancy 61.06%

hey
my friend just gave me a 256 mb pc 2100 ram coz he didnt need it. i currently have a 256 mb 333mhz (is that 2700?). if i put it in they'll both have to run at 266 mhz right so do you guys think i should?

Relevancy 60.63%

i would like to clean up my pc windows xp against virus and infection;it cause low speed processor

A:speed processor windows xp

Welcome to TSG....

We can start with a HijackThis log and a special tech for this will help you after the log is posted they have a little gold shield to the right of their name.

To download HJTsetup.exe from SpyKiller To Download HijackThis go to the following at the File Repository
Click on the button for Download to the right of HijackThis Self Installer:

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5

Save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply. DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
A security expert with a gold shield to the right of their name should take a look at your log - please be patient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-processor-windows-xp.560655/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an m7664x that I will be upgrading to 64-bit Windows 7 and I want to upgrade the RAM. According to the product specs, it has the A8M2N-LA (NodusM3) motherboard with 4 DIMMs.  On that page, it says that it supports up to 4 GB of RAM at 667 MHz. Now, I've come across a few posts here and elsewhere that suggest that it can handle more (up to 8 GB) and higher RAM speeds (PC6400 / 800 MHz) and have it recognized and utilized. Can anyone confirm that it can support up to 8 GB of RAM and with higher speeds?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Maximum speed and amount of RAM for m7664x

Wow, what an old thread! To answer your question and to update this thread, I bit the bullet and bought 8GB of 800 MHz RAM and it's been working for close to a year now.  I seem to remember that I ran MemTest on it and it shows that it's indeed running at 800 MHz but it's been a long while since I would've done it, if I did. I also thought about upgrading the processor but already by the time I installed the RAM (close to a year ago), the compatible processors were hard to find and expensive.  Plus, the machine wasn't used for anything other than general duties and was also hampered by on-board graphics to boot.  In the end, spending extra money on RAM for a pretty old computer was the limit for me. blueeclipse86, you can try and upgrade the RAM on your machine as I did but, of course, I can't guarantee that it'll work for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Maximum-speed-and-amount-of-RAM-for-m7664x/td-p/200448
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I have purchased a new AMD 64 4000+ OEM processor to replace my old AMD 64 3200+ processor. The BIOS recognises it as a 2.4GHz processor, but when I go into contol panel, performance/maintenance, and then system in windows XP it only shows up as a 1.73GHz speed. I then put my old 3200+ proccessor back in and it only shows a speed of 998MHz instead of the specified 2.0GHz. Is this just because windows doesn't recognise AMD processors very well. Or is something wrong?
Many thanks.

Relevancy 59.34%

I have a P3 800. When i right click my computer sometimes i get 796mhz which is fine but sometimes Windows tells me i have a 647mhz processor which is odd. I downloaded a seperate benchmark program (Freshdiagnose) and that agreed with Windows on both occasions. My Bios gets it right though. Does anyone have any ideas? Will programs and games perform at the speed it says in Windows?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Tom

Windows XP Pro
IBM Thinkpad T21
P3 800Mhz
512 RAM

A:Windows shows wrong processor speed.

Laptops usually scale back the processor speed to save heat and power consumption, when full speed is not required.

You do not have a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-shows-wrong-processor-speed.348784/
Relevancy 58.91%

Guys, a real basic question. I am looking at buying a new machine and have a choice of DVDRW/CDRW or DVDRW. The CD write and read speed (16 and 24) appears alot quicker than the DVD write and read speed (4 and 8). Is this a true comparison i.e. the CD reads 4 times quicker than the DVD or am I missing something. Will be using the laptop for a lot of CD reading for itunes and this is an important factor in my decision. All guidance appreciated. Cheers.

On a side note anyone know what the differance is between these two graphics chipsets?? i.e. which is better or are they pretty much the same

Gaphics chipset - Intel 855GM NVIDIA Ge Force FX go 5200
Mem Size - 64mb 64mb
Mem type - Shared Dedicated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-read-and-write-speed-compared-to-dvd-read-and-write-speed-graphics-chipsets.20476/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there I have speed 5742 amount Acer Ram or Travelmate on peculiar error condition Here is the run down Client brought a laptop Ram speed or amount on Acer Travelmate 5742 to me Acer Travelmate Windows pro bit Had the ram upgraded in the USA x gb Rx Pc L s - -b I was under the impression the the OS was only seeing because of the bit OS I attempted to load bit to correct That is where it all went pearShape the laptop would not boot I Ram speed or amount on Acer Travelmate 5742 tried all i knew i deduced it was the ram as I got several BSOD pointing to ram slotted in some x GB R X PC - - -F Installation went without a hitch Thinking the ram was too fast for the mobo I started looking for ram but could not find Did some research and understood that I could get ram and the mobo would just slow it down No way will not boot well it loads the bios then starts windows for about seconds then shutdown or DSOD How is this possible I have been in the pc business for years never saw this I am asking how Ram speed or amount on Acer Travelmate 5742 was it possible for the laptop to boot and operate with the upgraded ram but wont boot to install new os What magic was performed I went through all the scenarios in my head back in the DOS days load himem sys load ems driver load some type of memory manager on post run script after or on post bios insyde version has little or no settings i can get to besides boot order and type is there anyone here that is clever enough to assist me thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393289-ram-speed-amount-acer-travelmate-5742-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Processor to there Brother way a floppy? for Is Word a read windows Brother WP- D word processor with about disks full of documents that I want to transfer over to windows The floppies are the disks but are unreadable by Windows I have tried Pcwplore Sam dsk and Anadisk Anadisk shows up as blank but having tracks I haven t found a definition to read that reads the disk in dsk The others show a blank unformatted disk Has anyone had any luck Brother recommends a company to Is there a way for windows to read a Brother Word Processor floppy? do the data transfer but from what I understand they charge over a disk That adds up pretty quickly Anyone have any other ideas I have scoured the web for awhile now and nothing seems to work Someone claims to have had success with a Carrera Word Processor but did not post the method Printing out pages on a nearly year old glorified typewriter and scanning the pages into OCR is not very feasible I d greatly appreciate any suggestions by you computer guys out there nbsp

A:Is there a way for windows to read a Brother Word Processor floppy?

Looks like good and bad news
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/50632.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-way-for-windows-to-read-a-brother-word-processor-floppy.787572/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,
I want to connect my VCR to the computer to transfer old home movies to DVD.
The Analog to DV device requires a 1 GHz processor. Mine is 498 MHz.

Regarding the speed, will the device work only slowly or not at all?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

It is not a matter of slow or not at all. It is most likely a matter of dropped frames. If you have a cheaper video capture card [one without hardware decoding] it will probably work however you will not like the result.

Video editing / encoding is cpu intensive. I would hate to think how long it would take to encode the video file after you capture it [with that cpu]

To give you some idea, it takes me about 15 min to encode approx 1hr of video with an intel dual core cpu. With yours it will be hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-capture-device-speed-vs-processor-speed.603223/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz which I've overclocked to 3.4 Ghz.
The problem is that windows does not display the correct processor speed. It still shows 2.94 Ghz not 3.4 Ghz. I checked with various softwares and found the processor speed to be about 3.4 Ghz but windows just wont do it correctly. Please help!

A:Windows doesn't show corrrect Processor Speed

What does it show in Task manager under Performance tab while carrying out some CPU intensive tasks?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/15371-windows-doesnt-show-corrrect-processor-speed.html
Relevancy 58.48%

OK, on my laptop I have a amd turion 62x2 mobile chip, and windows xp says it's only running at 803mhz when it should be 1.6mhz.

Half the true speed so what is the problem do you guys think?

A:Does Windows Xp Have Trouble Reading Processor Speed For Laptops

My old Latitude C400 had a power conservation option in the BIOS which would dynamically change the CPU's speed depending on the system load, this would help the battery life somewhat. Check you manual and the BIOS for such an option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84431/does-windows-xp-have-trouble-reading-processor-speed-for-laptops/
Relevancy 58.48%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor for upload I speed Why Verizon am amount getting not of Fios? advertised the AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB P Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION VIOLET Antivirus Bitdefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled I am supposed to have a plan But when I run a speed test on this computer which is hard wired to the router I get an average speed test result of mbps download speed and an average Mbps upload These averages are from three test runs from six different websites totaling tests This is after a Verizon tech politely did everything she could do Verizon told me it is my computer and for month they could protect the computer from viruses and make it run faster which would solve the problem But still when my computer is shut off and I play Call of Duty Black Ops on my hardwired Xbox the signal strength is still erratic It s crazy We ran the Verizon Fios optimizer but it had no effect whatsoever I run Bitdefender Antivirus Plus on automatic It tells me my computer is Why am I not getting the advertised amount of upload speed for Verizon Fios? free of viruses We turned the router on and off That did not help Can anyone help me fix this problem Please let me know if you need any additional details nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-am-i-not-getting-the-advertised-amount-of-upload-speed-for-verizon-fios.1035974/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey people, last week I ordered fios. I am supposed to have a 25/25 plan. But when I run a speed test on this computer (which is the wired one) I get 25 mbps download speed, but 0 mbps upload. It's crazy. Yesterday I was getting about 4 or 5 mbps for upload and a couple of days after I had gotten it installed I was getting like 15 mpbs. Why is it going down? I ran the verizon fios optimizer, but it seemed to have no effect whatsoever. I even downloaded a separate utility called TCP Optimizer, and followed instructions on a little guide, but that didnt help at all either. Anyone know why this is happeneing, and How I can fix it? Please let me know if you need any additional details.

A:Why am I not getting the advertised amount of upload speed for Verizon Fios?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-am-i-not-getting-the-advertised-amount-of-upload-speed-for-verizon-fios.899988/
Relevancy 58.05%

I need to order a new desktop for my office to replace a 3 year old machine that runs at 3.2 Ghz. The new machines that Dell offers only has this option:

Intel® Core™2 Extreme QX6700 (8MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)

I don't think there is a standard measuring stick that is used to compare all the processor speeds that I can find or understand. I work with CAD programs that use up a lot of resources and I typically get the fastest available and max the RAM. With all the latest software that I have to install, I need the new machines to run faster than the ones they replace.

Can anyone tell me how this 2.66GHz processor compares to my current machine? I don't have the exact specs for it, this is what it lists on the dell support site for my system - PROCESSOR, 80532K, 3.2GHZ, 1M, 533, M0.

Relevancy 57.62%

My config:
Mainboard: GA-MA69G-S3H
DVD drive : Pioneer DVR 116 (IDE )
Harddisk : Hitachi 2TB (Sata Ahci)

When I copy file (~1gb) from DVD to harddisk , the speed only range from 4mb to 10mb, never go above 10mb. The disc is clean and no scratch. Test on CD Speed shown the drive can go up to 16x. Confirmed the drive is run in UDMA mode, not PIO mode.

But it is absolutely normal in file transfer between harddisk and usb flash drive. Problem exist only in DVD read.

Tried command in dos mode like xcopy , robocopy, but speed is just the same as copy in windows explorer.

Also I tried the trick of uncheck the remote differentiate compression, uncheck superfetch, uncheck windows search, and close the index service. Cannot solve the problem.

Any one experience the same as me and is it a common problem that need Micorsoft to solve?

A:Slow dvd read speed in windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by januaryabc

My config:
Mainboard: GA-MA69G-S3H
DVD drive : Pioneer DVR 116 (IDE )
Harddisk : Hitachi 2TB (Sata Ahci)

When I copy file (~1gb) from DVD to harddisk , the speed only range from 4mb to 10mb, never go above 10mb. The disc is clean and no scratch. Test on CD Speed shown the drive can go up to 16x. Confirmed the drive is run in UDMA mode, not PIO mode.

A quick google search suggests there may be a firmware upgrade for your drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/76301-slow-dvd-read-speed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a motherboard that has a FSB of up to 400MHz.
My processor is an AthlonXP 2200 which can only run at 266MHz
My memory is 256MB DDR DRAM PC2700
SisSoftware Sandra testing tells me my memory speed and processsor speed do not match. Question is: Does this really matter? I know a processor upgrade would sort it but a)the computer seems to run fine and b) I daren't try to sneak ANOTHER pc purchase past the wife! (just yet);-)

Relevancy 56.76%

I am going to be buying a new computer in the near future and was wondering if backups, file copying, and defragging will speed up very much?

It seems like that at some point, the drives would not be able to keep up with the processor and faster processors would not be needed for many or even most applications.

I am using a 1 ghz Pentium 3 computer now and am going to get a new 3 ghz computer next.

Also, recently, I read an article about the new dual core Intel chips and that sounds like something that I would like but do not know if they are out yet, and if so, do not know what they are called.

A:Processor speed vs hard drive speed

The main point of having a faster processor is that it runs games smoother, compresses audio and video faster, and so on. These tasks are not particularly dependent on hard disk performance. Nearly all applications will benefit from a faster processor regardless of the speed of the hard disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-vs-hard-drive-speed.372071/
Relevancy 56.76%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello Recently my processor has been acting up It's been working fine till now When in Google Chrome my processor is used around This is with Razer Synapese open not working correctly Processor To get the Sensitivity that suits me best while gaming but it only uses a consistent Processor not working correctly KB while google chrome uses over KB and up When watching a video my processor is up to without any games open The game that I play looks to be suited for my PC I don't have my internet open when playing and have everything that takes CPU space from the game away closed Besides Razer Synapese link to the game Hardware - Free Shooter Game - Online shooter - Battlefield Heroes MY PC specs are OPERATING SYSTEM Windows Home Premium BIT CPU AMD Atholon tm X Processor GHz suits the game perfectly RAM GB RAM suits the game perfectly GPU GeForce GTS dont know if good for the game I have GB free on my harddisk C and GB on my external harddisk E I have no problem with the sound so I don't think it matters If you need any other specs than let me know how to get to them so I can reply it to you Thanks for helping in advance Edit The problem I have is when playing the game it takes about a minute to load in while it's supposed to take about seconds I don't join servers unless I have bars under Ping

A:Processor not working correctly

It should first be stated that if your cpu wasn't working correctly , your computer wouldn't run at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillisel

When in Google Chrome my processor is used around 30%. This is with Razer Synapese open (To get the Sensitivity that suits me best while gaming) but it only uses a consistent 77,272 KB while google chrome uses over 300 KB and up.
)

Sounds like you simply have massive software lag somewhere. A browser should basically use about 5% when idle.

The easiest way to fix unwanted software changes is to simply do a system restore to a point when it was working properly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/processor-not-working-correctly-897290.html
Relevancy 55.04%

On Both my cdrom and my dvd, if I have a Disk in the drive and Type DIR & read that disk, then remove the disk. Then put a totally different disk in the same Drive. Then Type dir and Try to read the Drive it will Display the Dir of the CD that I have Just removed. I have to reboot my machine to be able to correctly read the disk. It does the same thing if I use windows explorer also. This is driving me crazy. Why is this happening, better yet - How can I stop this and read my drives correctly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-read-cd-or-dvd-correctly.380139/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I read a cd and then take it out and replace it with another totally different cd, I type dir and it shows all the stuff on the 1st cd.
How can I make my machine refresh my cd rom drives?

Relevancy 55.04%

Having trouble reading My CD & DVD Drives!!
If I remove the media from either drive, then replace it with new media, then type directory it shows the directory of the media I just removed and not the directory that is on the cd or DVD that is in the drive. This has been going on for MANY months. I have to reboot my machine whem I want to read new media correctly. A fellow on one of the help forums said my machine was not refreshing the drives but the guy never said how i Could do that. Any one know.? I'm thinking of buying a new motherbd combo to solve that but I can't make up my mind whether I should Go back to Pentiums or stick with AMD. I never had this Kind of trouble when I had Pentiums. Any advice?

A:CD & DVD won't read correctly!

Please do not double post. You should stick with this thread since it looks like hardware issue than a multimedia one.

Requesting closing thread and reply to the link above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-wont-read-correctly.382918/
Relevancy 54.18%

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda_s

Unfortunately it didn?t work as promised by the Microsoft documentation. More research for me, unless someone else has a clue?

Hello all,

I have a similar problem. In my case xp pro recognizes only 3.5 of the 4 Gigs installed. However, both bios and vista show the correct values.

Could this have something to do with having dual channel memory installed and dual booting xp pro 32 with vista ultimate 64?

My system:
Q6600 quad core, Gigabyte P35C-DS3R, 4 gigs super talent RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:XP doesn’t read ram correctly

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofreewill

Hello all,

I have a similar problem. In my case xp pro recognizes only 3.5 of the 4 Gigs installed. However, both bios and vista show the correct values.

Could this have something to do with having dual channel memory installed and dual booting xp pro 32 with vista ultimate 64?

My system:
Q6600 quad core, Gigabyte P35C-DS3R, 4 gigs super talent RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, found this comment on another help site:

"Hoopsomuah

Windows XP Pro+SP2 32-bit version can use 4 GB Ram. As it starts it uses 0.5
GB and therefore shows 3.5 GB available. To show more than 3.5 GB you need
to install the 64 bit Windows on your system.

Uncle John
"

Guess I'll have to upgrade to xp 64 to fix it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-doesn-t-read-ram-correctly-226291.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi!I want to know why CPU-Z(1.68) doesn't read my cpu freq. correctly.I checked in my BIOS and it says as usual 3200 Mhz but CPU-Z says 1319 Mhz.

Thanks for reading or reply.

A:CPU-Z doesn't read my CPU frequency correctly!

What does cpu-z say when cpu is under load? Your processor may have some kind of speed control.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320470-cpu-z-doesnt-read-my-cpu-frequency-correctly.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Used Nero and new DVD-RW drive to burn lots of data to DVD-RW discs as data discs. New DVDs will read perfectly in other PC. My PC will not recognise / read them. Explorer simply sees no files.
I'm using Windows XP on PC, and all my updates are installed, so far as I can tell. Other DVDs will read perfectly in this drive.

Any ideas? It's really irritating to know that the data is on there but not be able to access it!

Thanks for any ideas!

Relevancy 53.75%

Here s a weird situation system has gigs of ram and the BIOS reads it correctly as MB ram read BIOS does. but correctly, XP doesn?t But XP Pro reports only gigs Anyone got a clue why this would happen I m going to try a swap out when I can get XP doesn?t read ram correctly, but BIOS does. my hands on a couple of one gig modules for testing but that s not going to be for a few days Advice would be much appreciated Some system details below I can get more when I crack the box open System OS XP Pro SP MB Supermicro Dual Xeon Mem x gig modules Matched set so I m told Type unknown ECC BIOS Phoenix XP doesn?t read ram correctly, but BIOS does. Potential items XP doesn?t read ram correctly, but BIOS does. of note In the BIOS under advanced chipset control there is an ECC config selection I see only two choices ECC or Disabled Currently set to ECC The item specific help says If all memory in system supports ECC this selection selects from No ECC Checking Only Checking and Correction or Check correction with Scrubbing Does the lack of the four choices in this case mean the ram is NOT ECC In OS now - Device manager - gt System Devices - gt Direct Memory Access Controller Properties notes No drivers installed but the driver tab notes Tried a driver update but got a no better driver than the one installed yada yada message Is that normal Probably not related but I thought I d mention it There are no attention warnings anywhere in device manager Generally the system is running well with a few shutdown reboot errors that I attribute to Roxio EZCD Creator not being properly removed I know about the regedit and will fix it one day but it s most important to have all gig pulling their weight for CAD work first Thanks for any advice lt My first posting here - please excuse me if minimal details are prefered to save space gt

A:XP doesn’t read ram correctly, but BIOS does.

Most memory is not ECC, so I suspect that's what you're seeing.

Exactly what CAD application do you use that requires 4gigabytes of RAM? In almost every case I've ever seen, memory past 1-2 gigabytes is wasted and doesn't add any performance...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-doesn-t-read-ram-correctly-but-bios-does-11806.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Not sure about my title.
Recently I replaced my older normal hard drive for an SSD (Samsung EVO840). Because I could not place it directly on my motherboard I is hooked via a PCIe card.
2 things came about:
-1- On my Windows taskbar bottom right corner I have it listed as a drive I can actually remove/eject
and
-2- While my original drive holding my OS on the C:drive was listed (I think) in Computer Management-->
Disk Management as 'Disk 0' my SSD is 'Disk 2'
Are these things OK?
Is it normal for my SSD to be ejectable and if not what should I do about it?
and
Is it OK for the SSD to be listed as 'Disk 2' instead of '0' and if not what (and how) should I do about it?
Thank you

A:Is my HD in the right place and configured/being read correctly?

Disk 0 simply means the primary drive holding copy of OS. You should seek for better way of connecting your SSD i.e. Use SATA/USB cable. Instead, you can leave the SSD as it is. It'll do no harm to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350361-my-hd-right-place-configured-being-read-correctly.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Here's the scenario: I put a DVD movie in to watch. Nothing happens. I open My Computer and right click on the OD, which registers that there is a DVD in the player. But I can't play the movie. I eject the DVD, then close it again (without removing DVD). Then the OD registers the movie and includes an option to play the movie with my choice DVD playing software (PowerDVD 5). Everything plays, no problem.

Device Manager shows no problems with the drive. I imagine it is some sort of weird setting somewhere at which I'm as of yet inexperienced.

All I want is for the computer to recognize the contents of the DVD without having to reinsert. I don't remember when this started. I've just endured it for a long time and thought, "What the heck...let's see if my colleagues can help me with this one."

Relevancy 53.75%

I can't pinpoint when this problem happened, I think it was either after updating bios or moving my graphics card into a different slot, but I have 2 sticks of 4gb of ram. The motherboard will only read ram in the A1 slot. I have tried swapping out the ram and have determined its not the ram itself, it is (or i would assume to be) the motherboard. If I put them in A1-A2, the computer refuses to start correctly, giving me error code 55 on dr. debugger and the monitor won't turn on. If I do A1 - B1 or A1 - B2, the computer will start correctly, but only reads 1 4gb stick. It's an Asus Z87 extreme4 motherboard.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone I have had correctly PC seem doesn't to mouse read input a long term problem with any mouse I use on my computer whether it be optical or laser with or without drivers the mice are harder to control than they should be Most of the optical mice seem to have faster movements than they should do whilst the laser mice seem to have the opposite effect now I have tried different ports surfaces dpi etc and they make subtle changes but nothing major When I first had my PC around years ago everything felt fine even with the mouse I am using now Madcatz RAT so I am not sure what has changed I am not sure what else I can try if it comes to it I may end up taking it to a local repair shop even then I don't think it will be fixed Has anyone got any ideas of something I can check or try which may give me a better insight to what is causing the problem Many thanks in advance Luke

A:PC doesn't seem to read mouse input correctly

Hi

check the mouse settings. try lowering or raising the speeds in their.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356805-pc-doesnt-seem-read-mouse-input-correctly.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hard disk--Western Digital GB EIDE Enclosure--StarTech quot eSATA USB IDE SATA I removed hard disk from Win SE machine put it into external enclosure and connected it via USB to WinXP PC In WinXP the now-external disk is displayed as Local Disk E Problem--The folders listed under Local Disk E are seemingly randomly named--such as V BA DE MY OL PR and WIxDOWS where quot x quot looks like a greek character or something from a different character set No familiar or recognizable folders are displaying Some individual files are listed not external read in correctly enclosure Disk under E BAT and a few TXT files but I can t open them When I click on one of the folders I get error msg quot E BA refers to a location that is unavailable It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted then try again quot I wondered if the hard drive was corrupted or damaged but it was working fine when the Win machine s CPU overheated The enclosure s docs say that WinXP natively supports the enclosure so no extra drivers are needed--I assume this is correct And that the Win and WinXP file systems are compatible Any ideas on what s causing this problem What s the best way to troubleshoot this I ve seen this thread http forums techguy org hardware -solved-ext-usb-hdd-not html which suggests putting the hard drive into a machine I d expect that connecting another hard drive internally would open up a whole additional suite of troubleshooting problems involving master slave connections etc Thanks for Disk in external enclosure not read correctly tips--I m a noob to hw enjoying it have a lot to learn nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Ok,
So i've just changed my cpu cooler and thermal paste from the ocz tempest to the zalman cnps 9500 nt with some nice smoooooth as5. Before my readings in Nvidia's "ntune" were 51/52c were all i got out of it, i tried "Everest" it reported the same, i then checked the readings in bios, this revealed my cpu was actually running at a much more believable 31c. I failed to realise it could have been a software problem.

Now that i've changed my cpu cooler, the software still reports the same 51/52c reading but the bios reports a more nicer figure of 25c...what's going on? is it a software problem? if it is what can i do about it? how come the bios reads a more believable figure? thank you for any help provided.

A:software failing to read cpu temps correctly

Sounds like the software to me. One logical explanation is that while your OS is loaded and lots of processes are running, your processor would probably be doing a lot more than it does while in the BIOS (when no OS is loaded). However, twice the temp is definately a big difference!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-failing-to-read-cpu-temps-correctly.73938/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all Good day I would like to know how to boost the read write speed of my Hard Disk Drive Someone told me about some innovation in Windows such as Superfetch Prefetch Ready Boost etc - something that is supposedly utilizing the idle capacity of your RAM SSD to boost the read write speed in speed read How can up HDD write/ RAM/ SSD speed? the Hard Disk How RAM/ SSD can speed up HDD write/ read speed? Drive Currently my laptop is setup as follows GB C Drive running on SSD - has the Windows and all apps installed in it GB D Drive has all the Libraries folders installed in it RAM GB PLanning to increase it by an additional GB it this helps Hence how can i use the SSD or RAM to improve on the Hard Disk read write speed Currently my Intel SSD toolbox is showing as follows Question is how do we know if Superfetch Prefetch is enabled based on the printscreen shown above It just show that the feature is optimised By the way can we transfer the following folders from C Drive to D Drive Will it affect the computer performance

A:How RAM/ SSD can speed up HDD write/ read speed?

Hi there
There is virtually NOTHING you can do to speed up the performance of an HDD unfortunately --that's the nature of spinners.
If you MUST use a Spinner the only things you can do are these

1) Get one with the FASTEST spin speed -- 5400 RPM is too slow -- it should be a MINIMUM of 7200 and preferably 10,000 RPM.

2) Make sure it has the LARGEST CACHE possible -- this variable is not usually shown in the Disk specs when you buy it - and if you ask any salesman in the store he will look at you as if you have come from another planet. You should be able to find out though -- just Google for the various HDD's you want to buy and look at the specs. The Cache is like a bit of special FAST internal memory (RAM) that's in the disk controller hardware

(What the cache does is prefetch the data the computer THINKS you are going to want from the HDD next - so when you need it it's already in the system - you don't have to wait for the disk to calculate the physical sectors required, then wait for the rotation to reach the physical position and then transfer the data. These times might seem very short to you but compared with the normal speed of computer operations the physical rotation and access times of the HDD are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE SLOWER than accessing the cache or main memory. The pre-fetch algorithm is quite sophisticated and takes a little while before it is reasonably optimized for your use). The prefetch is done when the computer is "Idle" so it doesn't slow down any of your applications.

3) Ensure you are not using IDE any more - the HDD should be e-SATA.

4) Keep only user data (documents, photos, music etc) on the HDD's - put the OS and installed applications on the SSD.

Your best bet is to install the OS and applications on the SSD. There's no harm in say moving favourites to the SSD but if these aren't accessed much then there isn't a huge point.

An SSD has NO MOVING parts so data is ready almost instantly -- even here though a cache is useful since the index can be held in storage too.

Increasing the RAM probably will have only a marginal effect - depends on what you are running and how many applications you run concurrently. If you run things like Virtual Machines --Yes RAM will improve performance but if you are running things like OFFICE or simply surfing the web spend the extra money on getting a larger capacity SSD -- a decent SSD is probably the BEST thing you can do to improve machine performance. Going from 4GB to 8GB RAM is cheap enough so I'd do it as a matter of course especially if you are (or want to) run the 64 bit version of the OS.

For most typical apps including a lot of games you won't benefit hugely from having a faster processor - especially if you DON'T have an SSD for the OS as most computer usage is often really heavily I/O bound anyway.

(Just to show how good though an SSD is -- in a small i3 powered laptop with a Samsung 840 SSD (250GB) fitted it takes around 3 (yes THREE) secs for photoshop to be READY FOR USE.

I'd forget about things like Ready boost etc -- these just screw up the basic prefetching algorithm -- if you need your Spinners as I said above an e-sata one with a decent cache size and a 10,000 RPM speed is what you need.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25345-how-ram-ssd-can-speed-up-hdd-write-read-speed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Could you help give me advice share experience Laptop Dell Latitude E is clean in perfect condition no dust or etc inside I Fan) code error fan 2000-0511 failed respond is working but The to (Processor Fan correctly have replaced cpu fan with new Fan is running but error is occurred at BIOS boot I m able to start Ubuntu OS nbsp fan is running but all indicators are showing RPM Fan is working but error code 2000-0511 The (Processor Fan) fan failed to respond correctly for the fan Temperature indicators are looking OK at average values When I ran the diagnostics the same thing the new fan is spinning but RPM detected I have older BIOS version A and I tried to update with the latest A Update is successful and I run again diagnostic tests - NO change the same error again Here is part of the output - everything is passed with the exception of nbsp quot error code - The Processor Fan fan failed to respond correctly quot EPSA Build nbsp UEFI ROM BIOS A Starting PSA Main Processor Fan - Various Tests Started nbsp High Speed RPM Max Speed RPM N ARequired samples in range Maximum samples nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Target fan RPM Detected fan RPM Tolerance in percent Required samples in range Maximum samples Fan is working but error code 2000-0511 The (Processor Fan) fan failed to respond correctly nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Target fan RPM Detected fan RPM Tolerance in percent Tolerance in percent Target fan RPM Detected fan RPM Tolerance in percent Ended Elapsed time Test Results FailError Code - Validation Msg Fan - The Processor Fan fan failed to respond correctly

A:Fan is working but error code 2000-0511 The (Processor Fan) fan failed to respond correctly

Hey, i have the same problem with an other notebook. Di you solved this problem?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19652574
Relevancy 52.89%

QuickBooks transfers Vendor data records as all credits whether it is a payment or a bill. I want to make the bills display as a debit. I can't figure out the formula to do this

A:Excel Formula to covert a credit amount to a debit amount

The simple way is:

Copy Cr amount & pest formula format on Dr amount to convert all Dr amount to Cr amount.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/excel-formula-to-covert-a-credit-amount-to-a-debit-amount.4068980/
Relevancy 52.46%

Was unable to access my encrypted XP data files after clean installing W7 onto the same machine. Fortunately found a certificate key on an old backup. Don't want to mess this up again so looked at certmgr and am unclear as to where to import the key to??

There's lots of info on how to encrypt your files but not much on how to properly import a certificate. Where should it go so I can access all my files?

Appreciate your time,
Lorlin

A:How to correctly import certificate key to read encrypted XP files

Hello Lorlin,

If you mean for a EFS certificate, then this may be able to help.

Encrypted File System (EFS) Certificate Backup

Encrypted File System (EFS) Certificate Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335262-how-correctly-import-certificate-key-read-encrypted-xp-files.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I dont know if this topic has been addressed before.

I have an IBM secondary hard drive which doesnt seem to read free space correctly;what happens is when it's full (even tho it says i have plenty of gigs left), it says i need to delete files before i can add more to the drive; at that point, the HD is toast, all my files were gone; i had to reformat the drive; i had to reformat this drive like at least 5 times; what do u think is the problem? is there something i can do to fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-hardware-doesnt-read-free-space-correctly.86558/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys Let me explain the situation first I have a Desktop PC and a netbook They are in the same room and so is my router My router is a Wire from AT amp T All these devices support wireless G My file transfer speeds from my desktop to laptop is going at a dismal rate of around KB s I am connected to my router at Mbps with my WiFi network issues. me my please? configure WiFi Help correctly Speed cards on both the systems I am trying to figure out where this bottleneck is and try and speed this up -I am in an apartment building There is least interference on channel so I have set my router to use channel -The router is set to work at either B or G but I know I'm definitely connected by G on both the computers since I'm connected at Mbps -I have full WiFi Help me configure my WiFi network correctly please? Speed issues. signal on both computers and there is hardly any interference in my apartment that I am aware of My internet bandwith is perfectly fine -Transfer rates between these two computers through a LAN connection is blazing fast Its connected at Gbps and transfer rates are around MB s -If I connect the desktop and netbook in the Ad Hoc mode I get a pretty steady MB s -In the registry I have set the NetworkThrottlingIndex to FFFFFFFF hex so throttling is essentially turned off but that makes no difference Does anyone have any ideas that could help me Thanks

A:Help me configure my WiFi network correctly please? Speed issues.

I have another question:

My netbook has Draft N wireless. I have heard that the maximum speed on that is 150Mbps. Is that for both send and receive? Also what would it be real world?

If I had a WiFi wireless N 150Mbps send/300Mbps receive card on my PC, and this draft N card on my netbook, will I have enough transfer rates to stream my BluRay discs from my PC to my Netbook? I have heard that BlurRays have a maximum bit rate of 40Mbps which means I should be totally good to go right?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186870-help-me-configure-my-wifi-network-correctly-please-speed-issues.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,We just purchased a Vostro 230 Mini-Tower. The CPU and memory specs as ordered are:317-9864    Core 2 Duo E8400/3.0GHz,6M,1333FSB,Vostro317-9872    3GB, Non-ECC,1333MHz DDR3,1GB+2GB,VostroBut when I go into the BIOS, the memory speed on the System Information page is reported as 1066MHz, not 1333MHz as expected.I pulled the memory and looked at the label. Unfortunately it's Kingston memory. Kingston, for some strange reason, does not print the memory speed on the label. Size, yes. Speed, no.Does anyone know why the speed isn't being reported correctly in the BIOS, and how to verify whether it's a BIOS error or we just didn't get what we paid for? I'm looking into CPU-Z and Memtest86. Thanks in advance....

A:Vostro 230 Memory speed not reported correctly in BIOS?

BX80570E8400 (SLAPL, SLB9J)BXC80570E8400 (SLAPL, SLB9J)BX80570E8400A (SLAPL)
Bus frequency is 333 MHz.
Because the processor uses Quad Data Rate bus the effective bus speed is 1333 MHz
CPU-Z rarely gives the correct answer now.
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology EIST and C1E allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage
and core frequency CPU-Z does not handle this well if at all and gives bad numbers.

cpu z wrong core speed
cpu z dram frequency
cpu z memory frequency
cpu z wrong multiplier

Intel® Processor Identification Utility — Intel® Processor ...

Detailed Description

This version of the Intel® Processor Identification Utility will
properly identify Intel® Core™ i7 Extreme, Intel® Core™ i7, Intel® Core™
i5, Intel® Core™ i3, Intel® Core™ i7 Mobile Processor Extreme Edition,
Intel® Core™ i7 Mobile Processor, Intel® Core™ i5 Mobile Processor,
Intel® Core™ i3 Mobile Processor, Intel® Core™2 Quad Mobile Processor,
Core™2 Quad, Intel® Core™2 Duo, Intel® Core™2 Duo Mobile, Intel® Core™2
Extreme, Intel® Core™ Duo, Intel® Core™ Solo, Intel® Atom™, Pentium®
Dual-Core, Pentium® Dual-Core mobile, Pentium® D, Pentium® Processor
Extreme Edition, Pentium® 4 Processor Extreme Edition, Pentium® 4,
Pentium® M, Celeron® Dual-Core, Celeron® D, Celeron® M, Celeron®, Mobile
Pentium® 4, Mobile Celeron®, Multi-Core Intel® Xeon®, Dual-Core Intel®
Xeon® and Intel Xeon® processors. Older Intel processors can be
identified with the Intel Processor Frequency ID Utility.

Download

File name decoder: (pidxxx##.msi) pid = processor identificationxxx = country code or localized language## = file version.msi = file extension that indicates a Windows* installer (executable)(example: pidchs25.msi = Processor Identification, Chinese-Simplifed, version 25, for Windows*)  xxx = country/language codeschs: Chinese-Simplifed cht: Chinese-Traditionalenu: Englishfra: Frenchdeu: Germanita: Italianjpn: Japanesekor: Koreanptb: Portugueserus: Russianesn: Spanish

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19357725
Relevancy 52.46%

Two years ago, I bought a computer. The computer has an Intel motherboard. That time, Intel website claimed that the maximum amount of RAM is 4gb, and so did the seller. Now, Intel changed the motherboard specifications by reducing the amount of maximum RAM to be 2gb. Thesedays, although Intel reduced the maximum RAM in specifications to 2gb, I'm thinking of increasing the amount of RAM to 4gb, so would there be risks over my computer because of doing that? If so, what are they?
Thanks previously.

A:Increasing the amount of RAM over the newly-announced maximum amount?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increasing-the-amount-of-ram-over-the-newly-announced-maximum-amount.865415/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Hewlitt Packard pavilion 7900. How can I find out my processor speed?

A:processor speed

start/run/type dxdiag and press enter.

the processor speed should be listed on the initial page

Or you can download this utility
http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=435

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed.74572/
Relevancy 51.17%

I currently have a desktop with a single core AMD Athelon 2.08 GHZ, 1 GB ram running XP. I am planning on using an older laptop in its place. HP NC6400 Intel 1.6GHZ Centrino duo ,3 GB ram running Windows 7. Will I notice a slower performance with the laptop?

A:Processor speed

Judging from PassMark.com benchmark scores.

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ > benchmarks between 400 & 500
Intel Core2 Duo 1.6GHz > benchmarks between 800 & 1100

To answer your question, I don't see any reason why the laptop would be slower. The laptop has two times the CPU performance and three times the memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed.176285/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm not even sure where to post this query, or if its a valid question. There is a site called PC Pit Stop. They have a test you can run that tests out our entire system. Then it prints out your results and an average for your system. It then gives you a score. The site keeps a record of your test results.
I just ran the full test. My score was 1550. Up until Nov 1st, my Processor(CPU) speeds were always over 6000 MIPS. My test scores were around 1700. From the Nov 4th test till now, the speeds are between 4500 and 4700. I don't get any flags, because I guess the test thinks thats pretty good. They show the average to be around 5500, so I'm about 83% of that value. I cannot figure out why my speed has droped off. Any suggestions?? TIA

A:Processor Speed....

Well I have been going to PcPitstop for a very long time. they have changed that test around several time and my opinion I like d the one they had before this setup. Anyways many things can effect that score. where specifically is the test falling? Internet? ram? CPU? IE? compare to you old test and narrow it down. Now have you checked if the number of background processes are increasing? Are you shutting down all running programs like messenger Antivirus ext.. while testing? post back exactly where the test is falling in what category.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed.522242/
Relevancy 51.17%

What would be faster, a 2.4ghz cpu with a 1066mhz fsb or a 3.4ghz processor with an 800mhz fsb? Is the fsb capable of being overclocked? Which effects overall speed more?

A:FSB vs Processor speed

In my opinion, the 2.4GHz CPU would be faster than the 3.4GHz, and especially in the case of an Intel Core 2 Duo vs. a Pentium 4 or Pentium D. If the FSB is low but the CPU is high, that might not make that much of a difference, cuz even if the CPU speed is that high, the FSB might not be able to do the stuff that it needs to do fast enough to keep up with the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fsb-vs-processor-speed.67253/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have installed in my PC an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ processor.

I had the impression that my speed was 2.1 GHz.

I ran the Belarc PC Management program and I discovered that my processor is a 1.73 GHz AMD Athlon XP.

I also viewed System Properties - General and it reads:

Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
1.74 GHz
512 MB of RAM

Could someone please tell me why this is?

Are my settings underclocked?

If so, how do I correct them?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

I was wondering how to find out my processor speed? I did "dxdiag" and under process it says

AMD Athlon XP3000+, MMX, 3dnow ,~2.2ghz

so what does that mean exactly?

Relevancy 51.17%

I'm a novice when it comes to prosor definitions.
Need help.
Bought new desk top, built by PC Club Inc. Paid for a "AMD ATHLON 64 2800+OEM" processor.
At home the system informatin screen stated that we had a "x86 Family 15 Model 12 stepping 0 authenic ~1800 Mhz" processor.
I thought an 2800 processor would be faster and better than a 1800 Mhz procer.
The salesman tells me that the 1800 is better. For some reason I feel we've been had!
Can some one advise me which is the better processor?
TKS Bob A

Relevancy 51.17%

I am building a PC for a friend. All he needs is a processor that can handle multiple web browser windows open and the same time constantly, lets say 6-10 at a time. What speed processor should I be looking for? Thanks.

A:What speed processor should I use?

Any modern processor will work. 6-10 browser windows is not taxing on a system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-speed-processor-should-i-use.578511/
Relevancy 51.17%

I've got a computer with Windows 98SE and I figured out I need a faster processor to play a couple of my games. Right now I have an Intel Pentium III 670MHz processor and I need at least a 1.3 GHz processor or equivalent, or to be on the safe side a 2.0 GHz processor or equivalent. How do I upgrade my processor speed? I won't be doing it myself but what do they do to the computer to upgrade the processor? Around how much would it cost to upgrade from what I have now to a 2.0 GHz processor? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 51.17%

recently bought a new pc with an AMD athlon processor. I ordered a 2200+ processor. Under my computer/properties speed shows up as 1500+ which is 1.3Ghz. And also shows up in my bios start up screen. Did I either get ripped off or is there something I do not know about processor speeds. Eric

A:amd processor speed

Check your fsb setting. It probably defaults to 100. You need to set the fsb to 133 it will then read correctly. Check the manual; it will have instructions on how to set bus speed.
If this is a computer you purchased, why not take it back to where you bought it from and have them correct the problem. After all if you pay for something, you have a right to expect that it will work as advertised.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-processor-speed.104957/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am torn between purchasing 2 different types of computers to replace my Macbook that I had to sell to pay the taxman.

One has a 2.13 GHz processor and the other a 1.8GHz. How much noticeable/significant difference would there be between the 2?

A:Processor Speed

You can't simply compare mhz anymore. You have to compare the architectures. Are they both the same processor type, or are they two different kinds?

If they are the same, let's say both mobile Core 2 Duos...chances are, you won't notice much of a difference, and the cost savings can be put towards more memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/142169-processor-speed.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hi

i have a notebook with intel pentium 4 3.06, ram 512 hdd 40G
running on xp pro sp 1

my question is that is my notebook running at its peak? coz when i check in my computer under properties,

it shown firstly the processor speed then on the bottom it shown 1.1 Ghz

i m running direct Ac and not from the batt. is there a reason?

A:processor speed on xp pro

Most notebooks use "speed stepping" on the processor to lower the speed until its needed, to save the heat dissipation.

Its likely that a notebook with a 3 GHz processor is actually using a "desktop" processor, and without some such ability to keep it cool it would be too hot to handle, and you could almost cook on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-on-xp-pro.304498/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys
I have just built a new pc for myself using an Asus A7V600 Skt A DDR400 KT600 8X Audio/Lan/SATA MB mobo with an Athlon XP 2500 Barton processor. I am using 512 mb of crucial ddr ram 2100 pci.
I expected some good performance but was dissapointed. When I checked, the processor is shown as 2500 but is actually producing 1.4 mhz.
Any ideas??
Thank you

Gus

Relevancy 51.17%

Where can you find out what your processor speed is. And when you boot up your computer, how do you get into the screen where you choose the safe mode?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys, I am confused. Help me pick which processor is faster. Im talking about pentium 820 and athlon 64 3300+ w/ HT. Ok first of all, the pentium 820 is a dual core compare to athlon 64 which is not but the athlon 64 has HT means its like dual core, or not? Im confused help me pick which one. And which processor in amd will you compare the speed in Pentium 820?

If I'm gonna pick I'll say that athlon 64 3300+ is faster for me than the pentium 820. Let me know if I'm wrong. The purpose of my system is mainly for gaming.

Thank You

A:Help on Processor Speed

I'll cut the geeky crap and get right down to the point.

The Pentium 820 is duel-cored and runs at 2.80GHz. The athlon 64 3300+ runs at 2.4 GHz. I have always been a strong supporter of AMD because it usualy outpreforms Intel in terms of gaming. But with the athlon 64 3300+ there is one set back. It only has 256kb of L2 Cache.

L2 Cache and cache in general (to dumb it down) manages how many applications you can have running at the same time without noticible slowdown (also referred to as bottle necking) More of the cache is better and causes better preformance when multitasking.

The Intel processor has 1MB L2 Chache, because its a duel core 2 x 1MB = 2Mb Cache. This proving that the intel processor would be better for mult-tasking (Teamspeak, Msn, a game and an anti virus all running at the same time) With no visible slowdown.

I would usually recommend AMD, but honestly, I believe Intel is the way to go in this case. But this is ONLY because you suggested that specific AMD vs that specific INTEL processor. There are some very nice AMD processors out there but I just wouldnt recommend the 3300+.

Oh and by the way, HT (or HyperTransport) is a technology that helps stop bottle necking, but it is definatley NOT the same as a duelcore. Duelcores are TWO processors working together and HT is just one core.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-processor-speed.481280/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All Processor speed??? I Processor speed??? have different laptops that I am using one of them is an Acer with an AMD Sempron processor the other is an e-machines with an AMD Turion processor Other than the processors the rest of the stuff is pretty much the same The Turion is technically supposed to be the better quot faster quot of the two processors My question is this Whenever I visit any web pages the sempron processor seems to load the pages faster It doesn t matter if it is a newly visited site or if I already have cookies from the site or if I wipe the cookies clean When I set the two computers side by side and hit the enter button or the mouse button or the go arrow at the same time the quot faster quot processor doesn t get up and go there is a pause before it starts it s work and then a pause before it finishes loading the page Many often times in the lower left hand corner it says item remaining and doesn t quot finish quot loading the page for quite a while I know that the processor speed tests are within miliseconds of each other and they re taken from robots who hit the enter key at EXACTLY the same time and I m not one of those but I m not talking about miliseconds I m talking about at least seconds or more per web page a significant stall any explanation anyone could offer for the quot technically faster quot processor being slower than the quot inferior quot processor would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

HI,

can someone tell me how you can find the Processor speed
of a Win NT machine ( e.g Right click My PC etc) which this obviously isnt!

A:WIN NT Processor Speed?

Start , run , then type "dxdiag" without the quotes and it is under the system tab .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-nt-processor-speed.194555/
Relevancy 51.17%

This may be a silly question but this is the place for those - especially for those of us still learning to be true geeks! I have been given the assignment of PC inventory and one of the requirements is processor speed. Is there an easy way to determine this without kicking the user off and rebooting and doing F10 during reboot? These are mostly Windows 95 and 98 machines so we don't have the luxury of Windows 2000 system manager. Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 51.17%

I got an old machine to give to a friend, and am gonna' load Me on it.

What's the speed of the Pentium(r)? Is 970X a chipset model #, to tell the speed?

Relevancy 51.17%

A pentium 4 has a processing speed of 1.4GHz and a Pentium D (or) Core 2 Duo almost the same but has two processors which share the job making it a lot better than the old P4 ... My question is how do I know the processing speed of a multicore or a multiprocessor system ?????

Relevancy 51.17%

My computer is running at 550mhz when it is usually running much faster.
My computers specs are down below.
I cannot figure out why it i doing this i checked the processor speed in bios and it said 100/100 so im stumped

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a AMD XP2500+ 333FSB Barton Retail Boxed 512kb L2 Cache on a MSI KT4V motherboard which should support up to 2800+. The processor apperrs in bootup as only 1100mhz - why is this and what do I do ? Thanks.

A:amd processor speed

Your FSB is likely set incorrectly. It is likey set at 100, instead of 166Mhz. You should find this setting in the CMOS setting or on the motherboard via jumper settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-processor-speed.164766/
Relevancy 51.17%

When the computer is idle when browsing the Internet seems 2.9 GHz processor speed 2.6 even. But when I went to the game processor speed 2.1 GHz fixed. Please help I need to increase the speed of the processor. If can be found, why wouldn't you be? Let me put it this way I've written can be overturned.. system idle 2.9 Ghzin game 2.1 fixed How playing 2.9 can I do? HP Pavilion 15 p002 stAMD A10 5745M HD8610G & R7M260

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-need-help-about-the-processor-speed-HELP/td-p/5796945
Relevancy 51.17%

I read somewhere that there is someplace on the net you can go to test your processor speed. Is this true? If so is this safe and where can it be found?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

When the computer is idle when browsing the Internet seems 2.9 GHz processor speed 2.6 even.But when I went to the game processor speed 2.1 GHz fixed. Please help I need to increase the speed of the processor. If can be found, why wouldn't you be? Let me put it this way I've written can be overturned.. system idle 2.9 Ghzin game 2.1 fixed How playing 2.9 can I do? HP Pavilion 15 p002 stAMD A10 5745M HD8610G & R7M260

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/I-need-help-about-the-processor-speed-HELP/td-p/5796946
Relevancy 51.17%

When the computer is idle when browsing the Internet seems 2.9 GHz processor speed 2.6 even.But when I went to the game processor speed 2.1 GHz fixed. Please help I need to increase the speed of the processor. If can be found, why wouldn't you be? Let me put it this way I've written can be overturned... system idle 2.9 Ghzin game 2.1 fixed How playing 2.9 can I do? HP Pavilion 15 p002 stAMD A10 5745M HD8610G & R7M260

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-need-help-about-the-processor-speed-HELP/td-p/5796951
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello if this is is Down Processor Speed Way posted in the wrong place please forgive me I am not sure what happened I don t know if it s a virus or not It was running fine Processor Speed is Way Down but now everything is slower I watch a movie almost every but now cannot because image and sound are jerky And every click of the mouse especially internet browsing seems to take seconds when before it was instant I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Home Premium I ran Malwarebytes and have Processor Speed is Way Down tried shutting down and restarting computer many times but it s still slow If you can help solve this I would be so very grateful Thanks UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PM System Uptime AM hours ago Motherboard Dell Inc UK Processor AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor TK- Microprocessor mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM E is Removable Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Points No restore point in system Installed Programs Torrent Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Reader X D DX Facebook Messenger Facebook Video Calling Free Studio version Google Chrome Google Update Helper HL- HTML Executable IERuntime Java Auto Updater Java Update Laptop Integrated Webcam Driver LibreOffice Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile Microsoft Application Error Reporting Microsoft Security Client Microsoft Security Essentials Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C x Redistributable - Mozilla Firefox x en-US Mozilla Maintenance Service MSVC x MSVC x MSVCRT MSXML SP Parser Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver Nokia PC Suite Nokia Software Updater Pazera Free MKV to AVI Converter Pazera Free MP to AVI Converter PC Connectivity Solution PowerDVD DX Roxio Creator Audio Roxio Creator Copy Roxio Creator Data Roxio Creator DE Roxio Creator Tools Roxio Express Labeler Roxio Update Manager Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB v Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Trader s Little Helper Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB VLC media player Webroot SecureAnywhere Windows Driver Package - Nokia Modem Windows Driver Package - Nokia Modem Windows Driver Package - Nokia pccsmcfd LegacyDriver Windows Live Communications Platform Windows Live Essentials Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant Windows Live Installer Windows Live Language Selector Windows Live Photo Common Windows Live PIMT Platform Windows Live SOXE Windows Live SOXE Definitions Windows Live UX Platform Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack WinRAR -bit Yontoo Event Viewer Messages From Past Week AM Error Service Control Manager - The Function Discovery Resource Publication service terminated with the following error - AM Error Service Control Manager - The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Resource Publication service which failed to start because of the following error - PM Error Disk - The driver detected a controller error on DR PM Error BTHUSB - The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used The driver has been unloaded End Of File

A:Processor Speed is Way Down

At first glance you have a hdd with a total capacity of 112 GB with 1.025 GB of free space.

You have less than ten percent of free space, you need more free space for swap space. This will most certainly slow your computer.

I would suggest defragmenting your hdd and do the disk cleanup.

I would also suggest either deleting files and programs which you don't need, or add an external hdd to transfer your data to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483282/processor-speed-is-way-down/
Relevancy 51.17%

i have an amd xp 2800+ now it reads like a 2.1gig in dxdiag, but it was supposed to be a 2.8 gig processor how do i find out if it is a 2.8 as u can help

Relevancy 51.17%

In a computer with SATA 3Gb/s NCQ HDs … Which is more important ??

1: A 3.0GHz P4 930 … or … a 3.2 GHz P4 940 dual core processor
or
2: 2Gb of DDR2-533 MHz Ram … or … 2Gb of DDR2-667 MHz Ram

I’m thinking the processor is much faster than the Ram or HDs and the Ram Speed is significantly more important.
Am I on the right track ?

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell XPSm140 laptop. It suddenly started running WAY slow. When I view the general "system" info in "Control Panel" my 2.13GHz processor is only running at 81MHz!!!! I was told that a BIOS update might have caused it so I took the CMOS battery out and let it reset...still only 81MHz

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a AMD 3000Xp processor but on start up it reads that is is a 1300 also my computer properties says the same why?

Is there a fix to reset the this or some sort of utility for processors
I have only had this error since my graphics card went a few days ago I have since replaced it with an older one until i get chance to go out this weekend to get one.

As it is my pc is running like a donkey and i could do with getting it back up to speed so i can use dreamweaver, photoshop and illustrator together.

Any help would be great
thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm sure I'll get a lot of laughs and head-shaking from this, but it's a long story.

I am attempting to repair an OLD computer for an elderly friend of mine who simply "Won't have anything else!" The machine is an HP (looks like homemade) with an Intel Pentium II MMX processor. Anyway, her processor died, and I can't find anything on it that tells me the speed. So essentially, I don't know if it's a 233, 266, 400, etc. There must be some way to find out, but there are no numbers that I can see anywhere that will tell me for sure. It fits in a single slot and has an attached cooling fan if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Intel PII MMX Processor Speed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slot_1

It's a slot 1 PII - if you can't read the info on the side of the CPU then you are probably SOL

You might find one on eBay for a buck so I'd get a couple that were different MHZ - try one until it works.
Start on the low side - 250 or 333mhz
Also I believe you can adjust the MB to different speed CPU's with jumpers on the MB
Google is your best bet...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-pii-mmx-processor-speed.670947/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all, I'm hoping you can help me out.
My setup is:
AMD 1.1 proc
256 DDR Kingston Memory
Asus A7M Motherboard

My problem is that I did a reformat last week, and now my computer reads the processor as an 850 instead of 1.1
Anyone know of a way to correct this? Hopefully without reformatting again.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Processor speed wrong

You need to change the multiplier/frequency settings in the BIOS for the processor.

Go up one step at a time, until you get to where you need to be.

If all of a sudden your computer wont boot, reset the CMOS.

**NOTE EDIT**
Reformatting should have nothing to do with it, the only thing that changes is the hard drive. What's wrong is in your BIOS. However, I'm not too familiar with that low speed processor but I'm more than certain it is a BIOS problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed-wrong.6233/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Folks, I have got an AMD processor 2.4+ GHz andAsus A7N8X-X Motherboard. I have recently realized that during boot up it shows 1.8 GHz it used to show 2.4 GHz. I dont know what happened, does it mean that my pc is running at 2.4 or 1.8 as it is displayed during boot up, how can i correct it?

Cheers.

Relevancy 50.74%

About 5 months ago I could download a game at speeds around .8 or .9 megabyts p/second. Now, for whatever reason, my computer is never jumping above .38 m/p/s...
Also, for whatever reason, I see that some of my processors out of four will jump up and down in usage for no reason. I would have my 2nd and 3rd proc's just jump up and down to 80 percent workload and then drop for two seconds, just to repeat the cycle perfectly.. Im not sure if that has something to do with it, but it's certainly an issue id like help on. I really do appreciate and knowledge on this problem that you would be able to share with me.
Also the speed of my download will drop to about .013 m/p/s for maybe a minute, the go back to the classic .39 :/

A:Processor and speed issues

I would suggest starting here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/t...lware-preliminary-removal-instructions.58138/

Sounds like malware or something to me.

Ensure your antivirus, firewall and windows are up to date and run a full scan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-and-speed-issues.181503/
Relevancy 50.74%

Just noticed today something that seems odd to me. While I had PC Wizard open to look at temps, I noticed the CPU frequency is running at 798 MHz while it's speced at 1900 MHz... I also noticed the CPU frequency is the same as the FSB HT Link frequency (whatever that is).

Anybody got a clue about that? I've never even looked into overclocking (underclocking ? ) and have not changed anything in BIOS relative to the processor. This is on my Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop machine with and AMD Turion 64 X 2 processor running XP Home.

See the attached thumbnail

Raybro

A:Solved: Processor Speed

This is completely normal .

Modern CPUs (especially mobile ones - like yours) will lower their clocks to preserve energy and emit less heat while they just sit idle or when under low load.

If you launch a heavy program then the clocks will speed up until they reach full speed.

Try launching a heavy application, ALT+TAB and check your clocks again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-processor-speed.856910/
Relevancy 50.74%

INTEL(R) PENTIUM(R) 4 CPU 3 GHZ(2 CPUs)'S SUB SCORE REDUCED TO 1.8
CAN ANY ONE HELP ME

A:Processor speed reduced

Or its the power saving kicking in or it has a really dirty heatsink causing throttle down to reduce heat.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/246354-processor-speed-reduced.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I've been using Windows Ultimate x Speed Processor Reduced. for the past years I've been using an Intel D GCCR motherboard with GB RAM My system had some problems so Processor Speed Reduced. I planned to format it But everytime I try to do it it gets stuck When I used a Windows Professional x disc it got stuck after showing 'Loading Files' with a black background It'll show starting windows but not even the logo would come Same happened with Windows XP disc after 'loading necessary files' it too got stuck My Windows Experience Index was But one day my system started to hang up get 'Blue Screen On Death' etc It became very much slow and sometimes it wont start I thought it was something up with the motherboard and it turns out so as said by the service center guys Display Problems So I changed mine to Biostar G M Now all a sudden the Experience Index of 'Processor Performance' dropped to from It is a Pentium D GHz Sometimes when it gets a trouble to start up I just press the restart button and it shows that I'll have to use a Windows Repair Disc to correct the issues But since I dont have it I just tried to format it with another version of Windows And hence Paragraph And I could not format my system after changing into the new motherboard I had used various softwares to check the functionality of ram processor speed hard drive etc but everything looked fine What should I do

A:Processor Speed Reduced.

You might like to start with steps as listed here: Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

Also, with all due respect, the G31 motherboards are rather cheap and I'd be a little skeptical as to the reliability and performance of those motherboards. I had a couple, and had several problems. I have since learned to spend a few extra dollars on the motherboard, and spend less on repairs and and stress medication

You may have a fairly messed up system, trying to install Windows x86 over x64, and then using an XP disk. Perhaps a clean install would be a good place to start?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/238124-processor-speed-reduced.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello nbsp I have a Lenovo G - Core i laptop I started getting these events in windows factory installed usually after the system goes into idle for a while edit and at every computer startup nbsp The speed of group speed x The be... is x in - of G50-70 processor processor in group is G50-70 - The speed of processor x in group x is be... being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report I upgraded my bios to the latest v http support lenovo com us en products Laptops-and-netbooks Lenovo-G-Series-laptops G - -Noteboo nbsp and then upgraded to windows then I did a clean installation of windows with no lenovo software just microsoft auto installed all the drivers the PC barely does anything usually the CPU temps are around - HWiNFO and the laptop is always cool nbsp but to my surprise the errors started coming back I read this error has something to do with Intel SpeedStep or some power managment config in BIOS but the BIOS is very minimal and has no options even remotely related to those nbsp what's going on how can I fix this - nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-70-The-speed-of-processor-x-in-group-x-is-being-limited-by/td-p/3315134
Relevancy 50.74%

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but here I go.

The Story: I have a Dell Dimension E510 with 1gb of RAM Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz with a processor speed of 533 MHz. I recently bought a 4 GB (Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ), with a processor speed of ddr2 800 and installed it. After going into bios, it says

Installed Memory = 4.0GB
Memory Speed = 533MHz
Memory Channel Mode = Dual Interleaved
Memory Technology = DDR2 SDRAM

Why is my memory speed still 533 MHz and not 800 MHz? Can I change this?

A:Change Processor Speed

A pentium 4 3.0Ghz CPU has a front side bus speed 133Mhz. And quad pumped 133x4 is 533Mhz.

Now, your RAM is DDR2 ram, so you take the FSB speed of 133Mhz and double it to 266Mhz (DDR part). Then you take the x2 part and take 266 x 2 = 533Mhz.

Thus, your RAM is going to run at 533Mhz. The way to increase the RAM speed is to overclock the CPU and increase it's FSB speed. You could then take the FSB to 200 and then that would run your ram at 800Mhz. However, the Dell is not likely going to let you make these changes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/192557-change-processor-speed.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey people I been looking at different types of processors Processor Speed Problem for a while and things have certainly changed It Processor Speed Problem used to be all about Intel P clock speeds and the faster the clock the faster the speed Doesnt seem to be like that anymore and suddenly have all these new things comming out such as Intel Core Duo Intel Core Solo Intel Core Duo Intel Core Extreme Intel Pentium M Whats going on with all of these Have been reading through the intel website and all through the web but im having problems understanding what these mean Can someone please explain the differences between these and how to compare which are good I am looking for a mult-purpose laptop for a friend Just needs to surf the net watch dvds and videos divx etc do word processing and Excel work Can someone suggest a good one to get For myself im looking for something which will play the latest games very quick and basically be a beast of a machine been looking at the extreme prices but they are alot been thinking core duo Thanks ppl nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have just reinstalled XP, updated all my drivers which are now working perfectly but the problem is my processor is only running at 797mhz.

Could anyome shed any light or has anyone experianced this before?

Spec:
Compaq Presario r3000 Notebook
AMD Athlon 64 3400+
512 MB

Relevancy 50.74%

I was given an older Toshiba laptop as a donation. It is a :

Windows ME
Toshiba Satelite 2800 v1.01 (toshiba 2805-5202)
Version 4.90.3000 Build 3000
System type x-86 based pc
Processor Pentium (r) 111
384 MB RAM

How can I find out the processor speed?

A:how do I find out the processor speed?

Without downloading anhything you can go to Start -> Run -> type DXIDIAG and press ENTER. It should tell you the speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-find-out-the-processor-speed.511543/
Relevancy 50.74%

i just put in a AMD Athlon XP 2500+ CPU Barton 512K 333FSB Socket A 462 into my system but on the startup page it says its running on 1100+ and had something saying i cud change the cpu speed by going into bios settings but i have no idea how to do it.

any ideas?

A:Processor speed lower than it should be

If you know what model your motherboard is, please post it here.

Otherwise, download CPU-Z from here.

Click on the Mainboard tab.

Post here whatever it says in that section.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed-lower-than-it-should-be.78735/
Relevancy 50.74%

Bought a used mobo chipset RAM back in Nov had a bugger of a time getting it running Finally formatted the hd and got it up Unfortunately since it s used I don t have all the documentation but I know it s an Asus AMD Athlon supposed to run at The previous owner had it at and says it should work together fine Getting into the BIOS there s an option to switch to the ghz but if I select that the computer won t boot it just hangs with a blank monitor So I reboot and swap it back to ghz in the BIOS and then it boots up fine There s no error message and we checked the jumper settings so we re not sure what the problem could be or how to fix it Tried swapping to up run will ghz 1 Getting at 1.33ghz processor only speed: out the power supply to W ATX was told this should be more than ample and that power wasn t the problem Have Maxtor HDs x DVDRom and am running WinXP Pro mobo chipset came with ATI AIW mb x AGP video card but upgraded to an nVidia GeForce x AGP although mobo is only x Couldn t get it Getting up to speed: 1.33ghz processor will only run at 1 ghz up to with either Any ideas what the conflict could be or what to try would be appreciated Was told Getting up to speed: 1.33ghz processor will only run at 1 ghz it had to be a hardware conflict or a BIOS setting but I haven t a clue where to look Thanks nbsp

A:Getting up to speed: 1.33ghz processor will only run at 1 ghz

what sort of ram/dimm do you have in it? because if it is generic, or not the specified ram, then it may cause your cpu to run at a lower frequency, ie 1ghz..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-up-to-speed-1-33ghz-processor-will-only-run-at-1-ghz.21480/
Relevancy 50.74%

Which is really more important?

Today I bought the Core i5-750 which is 2.66Ghz with 8MB of "Smart Cache". As I'm looking at a big box store website, I see that the Core i5 661, which is rated at 3.33Ghz with 4MB of Level2 cache, is selling for the same price that I bought the 750 for.

As I haven't picked up my order from the store yet, I was wondering if I should keep my order or cancel it, and pick up the 661.

Thoughts?

A:Cache vs. Processor speed

I guess the best way would be to find a web site that showed the performance of all the cpus. I saw one the other day that have every single intel cpu for the last 5 years or so in a giant lineup of benchmarks. Of course I can't find it now

In my general experience though, if the CPU technology is the same or very similar than clock speed rules and memory and cache are of little real world consequence.

As the archetectures between two chips differs more and more then clock speed is not as comparible but between those two it probably is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/87895-cache-vs-processor-speed.html
Relevancy 50.74%

First image is in windows 7 second in windows vista (separate partition)
i mean WTF happened it used to run at full speed!! (its a 1.9 Dual core)

Windows 7 original beta (7000), should i bear through the paint and upgrade to the RC version that was just released?

A:processor running at 1/3 speed WTF

If you look a little closer you will see that the FSB speed is the same but your multiplier has dropped to x4 in Windows 7, which is most likely to to save power and prolong the life of your components, if you start doing something that is more intensive and requires more power you should see the multiplier rise to the default again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/8812-processor-running-1-3-speed-wtf.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently bought a used computer from my girlfriend's work. It is a Dell Dimensio 8100 with a Pentium 4 1.6 GHz and 128 Mb RAM (working on XP). The computer was completely wiped out with just XP and office installed. I realize this is not the ideal RAM to be running XP on, but it seems to be fine for just opening and using the internet (which is really all I'll be using it for). However, I came into some issues while opening video. For example, I was on youtube.com and tried to open a video, but i waited over 10 minutes before I gave up. Is this result of the slow processor or the lack of RAM? I read that increasing RAM to 512 might not even help with video if the Pentium is so slow. Should I just give up on it and just use it for simple internet use, or will upgrading the RAM help me with my problems?

A:Help With New Computer Ram Vs. Processor Speed!

It to me sounds like you use a dial up connection?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51997/help-with-new-computer-ram-vs-processor-speed/
Relevancy 50.74%

can anyone help i have a amd athlon 1800 ghz cpu but it is showing only 1200 ghz how can i change this