Windows Support Forum

Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming

Q: Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming

I will post a link to a computer that was purchased for me I have been out of computer gaming for awhile and have recently started playing a game called Dayz It is gaming Upgrading desktop retail for Acer my a modifcation for a game called Arma The computer runs most things that I have played fairly well However Arma is a high demand game which typically gets me under FPS I was thinking of getting rid of the computer and buying a new one or upgrading some parts inside From what I have been reading processor video card ram and power supply would be good places to start I haven t taken the computer apart yet to look inside and see what I can add to the current motherboard Budget is a concern and I don t want to go crazy I don t need to play on ultra settings Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming but normal or high would be nice Any suggestions would be great Here is the PC http www walmart com ip Acer-AM Windows- -Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-I Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming

Without knowing your full system specs I would say, you could probably get by with a GPU and power supply upgrade. Do you know what size power supply you have in the machine? I'm also assuming you don't have a dedicated graphics solution, since you have an AMD-A6 CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-acer-retail-desktop-for-gaming.188098/
Relevancy 71.81%

I need help upgrading my old Acer Aspire M1100. Its lying around and i need a PC for gaming. Budget = ?200-?300 ($310-$450)

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64
512MB , 160GB HDD
ATI X1200 (integrated i think)
Windows XP SP3 (came with Shitsta Home Basic, Tried W7 Starter, worked well )
250 Watt PSU

I just want to upgrade it so it can run new games eg COD, BF3, LA Noire etc. Can this PC be upgraded? Do i need a new mobo? I want to upgrade the CPU to phenom II and a good GPU. Im guessing i have to buy a new PSU right? I need tips what to put in and how. Im a noob, i've never even opened a PC let alone change the parts!

Help!

A:Upgrading Acer Aspire M1100 for Gaming and Windows 7

Yikes, yes sir, you'd need a new computer. Yours. The case might be worth something though...

Don't know that you can get anything that will play BF3 with 400US$ o.0

Could try to build it yourself

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209364-upgrading-acer-aspire-m1100-gaming-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all I m new here I just finished typing up a well thought out post only to be asked to log in after hitting post and to find I had to start again GRRRRRRRRR Ok so I will start again and keep it short and brief this time I need help please I want to upgrade my computers RAM I m a begginer Upgrading Desktop Acer Help Ram T300 Please? on Aspire by the way but try my hardest to understand and research all I can I m glad to have found this forum cause it s a speedier Help Upgrading Ram on Acer Aspire T300 Desktop Please? process having people experienced in the area to look to for advice apposed to trying to learn it Help Upgrading Ram on Acer Aspire T300 Desktop Please? all on my own and figure it out Anyways my computers details are Acer Aspire T Desktop PC Windows XP Home Help Upgrading Ram on Acer Aspire T300 Desktop Please? Edition bit Intel Celeron CPU GHz mb Ram I m a beginner and have been doing extensive reading on how to upgrade Ram ect Basically my computer sucks and it is forever out of virtual memory From what I ve read the amount of Ram I have is pathetic So I want to upgrade to the maximum amount of Ram my computer can handle GB I ve been on crucial com and it recommended that to do this I get two of these GB -pin DIMM DDR PC memory module CT Module Size GB Package -pin DIMM Feature DDR PC Specs DDR PC CL Unbuffered NON-ECC DDR V Meg x I ve been looking around locally as I live in New Zealand for compatible Ram that I can get to upgrade and have come across a few places But one that I found new and cheap on a online auction site and I wanted to ask if it was compatible with my computer The details of these modules are HYS D HBR- -B ADJ GB p PC CL c x Registered ECC DDR DIMM Now I know the GB pin PC CL DIMM is what I want BUT The ECC x Registered c specs are what have me confused and unsure because Crucial com s recommendation has NON-ECC while the online auctions site seems to have ECC quot quot has x quot quot has x quot quot has Unbuffered quot quot has registered And the online auction sites module specs c I don t even know what this refers to I think unbuffered ist he opposite to registered Is this right And if so does that make this module incompatible Also the difference between the x vs x does this also make it incompatible And NON ECC vs ECC incompatible I ve just been trying to find some reasonably priced Ram modules to upgrade my computer localy in NZ however failing that I will bite the bullet and order from crucial if I have to assuming they accept international orders and shipping is reasonable I simply want to be able to multitask doing things such as having a couple tabs open in Firefox listening to music on windows media player having Windows Live Messenger running and active Having a software program open that I use Also a document or spreadsheet ect All while being able to do them all simultaneously and not have my computer lag and become inefficient I need it to do what I require and Upgrading Ram seems like a very cost effective way that I hope will solve this problem I have already read many articles on disabling unnecessary startup programs and services and done that I make an effort to keep my PC tidy and clean with regularish quot house keeping quot of my computer Disk clean up CC Cleaner Updates Removing Unnecessary files and programs Degragging when necessary ect With upgrading my Ram alone from my current Ram to GB allow me to multitask in the way that I need to Or is there more involved that I m unaware of As much as I d love to upgrade my whole system that s not really feasible at the moment due to finances but I think Upgrading Ram is doable if it means that It will allow me to multitask like I need to Any feedback advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I anxiously look forward to any replies Thank you in advance And this time I m going to copy this whole post before submitting in case the same damn thing happens lol Miss CrazySexyCool nb... Read more

Relevancy 65.79%

Greetings I brought an Acer computer last year with a small budget It is by no means a powerhouse but it sufficed plenty so far for Can me better desktop (Video for gaming? Ram) make help card, my Acer you my usual needs Lately though I begun to be interested again in PC gaming and I was looking for the possibility to upgrade this computer in order to make it decent or even good for gaming Here are Can you help me make my Acer desktop better for gaming? (Video card, Ram) my specs Model Number ax -ef It s similar to this one in size http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo but has slightly different specs as follows CPU AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPU Speed GHz GPU AMD Radeon HD D Power ACER - Acer Liteon PS- Watt Power supply Can you help me make my Acer desktop better for gaming? (Video card, Ram) - http www amazon com ACER-Liteon-PS- -Power-supply sim B A QM RAM GB OS Microsoft Windows build -bit If you need additional info tell me and I will provide I d love to be able to run modern games but I have no idea of what I should expect and how much I should spend Can you help me make my Acer desktop better for gaming? (Video card, Ram) I d be more than pleased if I could run say Battlefield at medium to high settings but I don t know if this is a realistic expectation to have My budget is around to a maximum of GPU I spotted this video card in a recommendations article http www tomshardware com reviews gaming-graphics-card-review - html The Radeon R It seemed to me as a very appealing choice -Would my computer be able to handle it -Would there be a better card for my needs in a similar price range -What kind of performance should I expect from it or an alternative card RAM Additionally my Ram is in the gbs ballpark -Should I upgrade it to gbs or more -And if I should is it important to choose a specific brand of ram module over the other Also if current games are out of the question would there be a cheaper card I could get that could enable me to play mid-range games that were released during the past few years I d love to run something like The Witcher at decent settings or Dawn of War and Starcraft at a relatively fluid pace Finally is there anything else that s important and that I should know I m still somewhat new to PC gaming hardware Any support would be greatly appreciated PS Additional mention I am canadian nbsp

A:Can you help me make my Acer desktop better for gaming? (Video card, Ram)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-help-me-make-my-acer-desktop-better-for-gaming-video-card-ram.1135955/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have windows 7 home premium with retail box license in my computer. I am thinking of upgrading to windows 8 pro because of low upgrading fee but I doubt if I have a retail box license after upgrade ? I wanna keep my retail license since oem license expires if I chance my mainboard.I experienced a couple of mainboard replaces in the past. Do you know about this? Would I keep my retail license after upgrade or would microsoft turn my license to oem?
Thanks in advance.

A:Upgrading windows 7 retail to windows 8 pro and license oem/retail?

NoelDP helped me with the answer . Thank you, NoelDP.
http://download.microsoft.com/Docume...0bef5cbe3a.pdf

Can I transfer the software to another computer or user?

You may transfer the software to another computer that belongs to you. You may also transfer the software (together with the license) to
a computer owned by someone else if a) you are the first licensed user of the software and b) the new
user agrees to the terms of this agreement. To make that transfer, you must transfer the original media,
the certificate of authenticity, the product key and the proof of purchase directly to that other person,
without retaining any copies of the software. You may use the backup copy we allow you to make or the
media that the software came on to transfer the software. Anytime you transfer the software to a new computer, you must remove the software from the prior computer. You may not transfer the software to
share licenses between computers. You may transfer Get Genuine Windows software, Pro Pack or Media
Center Pack software only together with the licensed computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/10718-upgrading-windows-7-retail-windows-8-pro-license-oem-retail.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi.
So a couple of questions for those of us on the RC who've ordered the Retail. If we spend the time and apply the various tweaks, install our programs and everything on the RC, will the upgrade process be seamless or should we just wait? I would hate to go back to apply all the tweaks I've done.

A:Upgrading from RC to Retail?

It is not recommended to try to upgrade from RC to RTM. While theoretically possible, it is not supported.

And what do you mean by "...should we just wait"? Wait for what?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/27048-upgrading-rc-retail.html
Relevancy 60.2%

When Win 7 is released and i get my retail copy, will be able to upgrade from the win 7 build im using, or will i have to do a fresh install? Id rather not have to deal with the configuration and installs again.

A:Upgrading from build X to Retail

Chances are you'll be able to upgrade, but Microsoft always recommends a clean install as that will have your machine in the most-optimized state.

Cheers,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233000/upgrading-from-build-x-to-retail/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys I know this has probably been asked a million times before I'm sorry though I don't have time to look and I want an up-to-date answer Anyway I am currently using Windows RC A while back I purchased Windows Professional from the from to version) Upgrading (upgrade RC retail Digital River student offer for good thing I'm a student Then I found out it's an upgrade version but it doesn't matter since there are workarounds to do a fresh install with it anyway However I wanted to see if there are any options of upgrading from RC to the retail upgrade version that I bought The thing is I HATE the hassle of resetting everything and reinstalling all the programs manually I also have a ton of games installer besides just that it'll take bloody forever to get everything done I was wondering if there was any way to preserve on that I've been doing this stuff for a while and I know it's normally not possible but I stopped following the hardware industry a while ago so who knows what's possible now I just wanted to ask about all the possible installation options and I know for example if you edit a file on the W disk you can enable the upgrade option but it will store all your files in a folder called windows old and not save all your program installations or something Can somebody just clear this up for me I'll really appreciate it thanks -Ed

A:Upgrading from RC to retail (upgrade version)

Many have reported good results doing an in-place Upgrade from the RC using this popular workaround: Upgrade the Windows 7 RC to any retail version Icrontic Tech

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/57908-upgrading-rc-retail-upgrade-version.html
Relevancy 59.77%

If I have a Windows 7 Home Basic 32bit OEM installed and I and to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Basic "64bit" (Retail version Downloaded from internet) can I use my OEM product key to activate the retail one on the same computer with no hardware modifications?

A:upgrading from 32bit to 64bit (OEM to Retail)

Quote: Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar

............upgrade to Windows 7 Home Basic "64bit" (Retail version Downloaded from internet)............

Hmmmm...............look at the chart halfway down this link:

Windows 7 editions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

where it says, next to "64-bit version available?", under the Home Basic column, "Yes, but not in retail SKUs".

That makes me wonder about the validity of what you have downloaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372241-upgrading-32bit-64bit-oem-retail.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello everyone I am graduating with my B S this Friday and my parents asked me what I wanted for a graduation present and jokingly I said a new computer and they went for it So now I m in a pickle of sorts cause I do want one The one I am using now is about years old it is running ok but obviously is becoming quite inferior This computer was custom built with my friend s help so was pretty good at the time it was made Now I am about to engage heavily into computer gaming with SW The Old Republic coming out and will probably also play Diablo when that is released so I am hoping to get a computer which can handle these games on the highest settings That being said however my dad is pretty firm about getting a computer from Best Buy or some type of retail seller IIRC this is frowned upon by most computer experts or at least for those who build their own Can I get your advice as to good models for the kind of gaming I will be doing Or at least the minimum specs I should be looking at or things brands to avoid when picking one out I was really hoping Specs retail computer? gaming for good a to get something relatively top-of-the-line but I don t think the budget could exceed K nbsp

A:Specs for a good gaming retail computer?

Best Buy do sell computer components so you're not limited to buying a prebuilt (ugh).

No Best Buy in my country, but a quick look at the site shows you can build a pretty good system for that budget. Bear in mind you could save around $500-600 by going with a more basic setup:
Intel 2500K CPU+ Gigabyte Z68 motherboard + 8GB RAM $649
Power supply: Corsair TX650M $100
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (OEM) $110
Chassis : Corsair Carbide 500R $122. You can save ~$40-60 by going with a more basic case.
Hard drive: WD Cav Black 1TB $150 (Prices are obscenely high at the moment)
HP DVD rewriter $30
Basic component cost (so far) : $1141
Now...
Graphics card. If you aren't planning on upgrading again in the short/medium term, then I'd suggest spending enough to see you through the current and upcoming game releases.
XFX HD 6950 1GB $243.

Monitor...Your choices are a cheaper TN+film panel, or a more expensive IPS panel which offers better color range (gamut) but may have higher latency (detectable ghosting with fast motion).
HP's 2511x (25", 1980x1080) is a very nice TN based LED panel ($230) or
HP's ZR24W (24", 1980x1200) is a very nice IPS based panel ($405)

Total: $1634 or $1809

Peripherals, if you don't already have them:
Mouse : Razer DeathAdder 3500 ($60) -Highly recommended. I use one myself- very nice ergonomics and fully featured.
Keyboard: Razer Arctosa ($50)
Mouse pad : Razer gaming pad ($15)
CPU cooler...
If you are planning on NOT overclocking then the boxed Intel heatsink will work fine...However, if you are planning an overclocking adventure (the 2500K is usually good for 4.7+ GHz in daily operation) then I'd suggest an aftermarket cooler:
A mild or medium overclock - mid-priced air cooler such as the Corsair A70 ($38), a medium-high (say 4-4.3GHz) oc needs a good air cooler such as the CoolerMaster V6GT ($51), while a 4.6 or more I'd recommend either a very good air cooler (none on the Best Buy site that I could find), or the Corsair H100 all-in-one water cooler ($110).

You'll need to make some compromises along the way- especially if you are paying for someone (Geek Squad) to put the system together - wasted money IMO. There's enough online help and guides to allow you to put the system together easily- although your father might have other ideas on the subject. Decide what you need, and what you don't, and whether you would be happy with a gaming orientated TN monitor, or would prefer the better colour reproduction that the IPS provides. Your best bet here would be to see both types in the flesh- so a reconaissance to your local computer shop could well be in order.
Juggling the options around should keep you within budget. If you need/want a speaker sytem, gaming headset, webcam etc. you will need to make further compromises...or add some funds towards your folks nice offer.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-for-a-good-gaming-retail-computer.174704/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have now windows 7 rc 7100. I read some info about the fact that microsoft suggest to clean reinstall everything with the retail version. But I would like to know if anyone tried to upgrade to RTM.

Relevancy 57.19%

Original ACER desktop with Windows 8 and it was upgraded through the Windows Store to Windows 8.1
The upgrade came up with errors "the Secure Boot watermark".
I tried various things suggested to fix the error but was unable to.
I backed up the computer data.
I formatted the drive and installed Windows 8.1 from a thumb drive and it installed correctly without errors.
I was unable to install a Product Key Licence as the computer had it imbedded in the bios and I have no label with the key on the machine.
I should not have to purchase another licence. How do I find the original licence key?
I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

A:ACER Desktop with Windows 8 upgrading to Windows 8.1

Originally Posted by Postie71

How do I find the original licence key?

How to clean install Windows 8.1 if you have OEM computer with UEFI firmware (BIOS) embedded Windows 8 product key?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/43887-acer-desktop-windows-8-upgrading-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have AMI Aptio F6 BIOS in my Antec VSK3000E desktop, running Windows 7 Professional [Retail, not OEM].
Belarc reports: Boot Mode: Legacy BIOS in UEFI & UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. F6 08/03/2013 &
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Q87M-D2H. I have tweaked UEFI/BIOS combine to reflect as much BIOS as possible.

My question concerns the three Boot Options, and the Boot Options Priority; apparently within the Legacy-BIOS portion.

I would like to set Boot Options to:
external USB FD
external USB CD\DVD device
external USB stick [bootable]
internal CD\DVD reader/writer [also has BluRay playing ability]
internal CD\DVD reader/writer [does not have BluRay playing ability]
internal hard-drive [has System Reserved partition, Cdrive partition, Ddrive partition]

Because I do not at all understand the choices that are found in the Options and Priority blocks,
I have no idea on how to "write" the above 6 choices into Boot Options and Boot Options Priority.

A:AMI Aptio F6 BIOS [Antec VSK3000E desktop] Win7Pro [Retail]

From what I have seen you do not get to "write" in the drives you want. The UEFI/BIOS will usually only show fixed drives as boot options for the boot order. I believe this is because using a removable drive as a boot priority option could cause problems.

A method I use is to use the F8 key at boot to bring up the BBS, or boot menu. There you will see all connected bootable drives and you can choose which one to boot. And in the case of a UEFI BIOS you can choose which mode to boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/357226-ami-aptio-f6-bios-antec-vsk3000e-desktop-win7pro-retail.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there, question about license keys... I have a retail copy of Win 7 Pro. I would like to install it in a virtual machine on my current computer and use Anytime Upgrade to upgrade it to Win 7 Ultimate.

When I finally purchase a new computer, can I use the same upgrade key to put Win 7 Ultimate on the second computer?

THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT: If I Upgrade a RETAIL Pro key, does it become a RETAIL Ultimate key, or does it become an OEM (in a sense) key that is tied to the computer on which I first install it?

Thanks in advance!!

Jared

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade from RETAIL Pro to RETAIL Ultimate

Check the frequently asked questions here:

Upgrade to another edition of Windows 7 by using Windows Anytime Upgrade

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...asked-question

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Microsoft Windows

What is Windows Anytime Upgrade?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/298330-windows-anytime-upgrade-retail-pro-retail-ultimate.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi and thxs for entering to this topic. plz help me looking for the best or very good gaming parts for my pc try to make my pc operative for 100% games at max setts.
My pc now is way outdated, i only have $1600.

PC specs now:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Dual Cpu 1.60ghz perfomance rate at 2.4ghz
Mainbord: Intel D945gcnl
Memory:1016mb (1gb)
Video Card: Intel 82945g (128mb) is almost not having a video card
Hard Drive: 160gb

A:Help me upgrading my not for gaming pc to a gaming pc!

if what you are saying is that you want to upgrade your old machine....i would not attempt to do do that. with $1600 you can build a gaming behemoth that will play anything on max settings. this is about $1100 which leaves you plenty for a 24" monitor and CD/DVD drive if you need them. you could also add a SSD if you want to improve load times as well. The GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P also has 2 PCIE slots for a future Crossfire/SLI upgrade. Also, if your not in a huge hurry, you might want to wait until March to see how the GF100's perform.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128409
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161301
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242001
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145260
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-upgrading-my-not-for-gaming-pc-to-a-gaming-pc.141913/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello

I'm really new to the tech/computer world, and know next to nothing about graphics cards. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what graphics card I can upgrade my computer to. I have purchased the new Alien: Isolation game and would actually like to play it, I'm also ready to actually play a game smoothly without it freezing or lagging all the time.

Here's what computer I have so far as I know

HP-Pavilion

System Model: VD010AA-ABU p6126uk
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002)
Processor: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 4094 MB Ram
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Chip Type: ATI display adaptor (0x954F)

now I know NOTHING about computers so apologies if the is any irrelevant info here or maybe even some missing please let me know

Thanks

A:Upgrading my PC for better gaming

Hey Darkeerantis what is your PSU (name and type or at least wattage). What is your MB (again name and type). How much free room you have in your case. What is your budget and desired performance.

Btw. your CPU isn't very powerful and the whole setup seems dated you might consider upgrading the whole rig.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-pc-for-better-gaming.207396/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys !!

I have a $1000 budget to upgrade my gaming computer.

I will upgrade this components:
- RAM memory
- VideoCard
- Motherboard
- CPU

At the moment these are my specs:

Ram - 1 GB 2x512 corsair XMS PRO
CPU - 2.0 Ghz AMD64 x2 3800+
videocard - BFG 7800 GT
Motherboard - Asus A8N sli premium
Anyone have any ideas to help me meet my budget?

Thanks so much

A:upgrading my gaming rig

Welcome to TSG,

1 GB is not enough to run newer games. I recommend 2 GB or RAM?.

Also 7800 is pretty fine for me, but I doubt that it'll run games on high settings such as crysis, bioshock or others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-my-gaming-rig.642322/
Relevancy 51.17%

I want to upgrade my PC for gaming, I want to be able to run big games on atleast high settings. (Saints Row The Third, Call Of Duty, APB Reloaded, etc)
My budget it $600.

My current specs are

DA061/078L-AM3 Motherboard
7GB DDR3 RAM 1333 Speed I think (something like that, had a bunch of 3's..)
AMD Anthlon(tm) II X3 425 2.7ghz Processor
Integrated Graphics

First I planned to just upgrade the GPU and PSU, but then I heard my processor might slow me down, and bottleneck the GPU, so I need to know if i'll be fine with this CPU, will it run smoothly?
If not, can I upgrade the CPU on this board? if so what should I upgrade to?

The GPU I planned on getting was Radeon HD 6850.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey Guys

I'm trying to update as shown in the thread title. However, when i click upgrade, setup tells me the following

"You can't upgrade from Win 7 64bit to Win 7 32bit"
"You can't upgrade from Win 7 32bit to Win 7 64 bit"

I have Win 7 x64, and i'm trying to install Win 7 x64. The only thing i have done is change one of the .ini files on the install to allow me to update from the RC version.

Any Ideas?
Thanks.

A:Upgrading Windows 7 RC to Windows 7 Ultimate Retail

Quote: Originally Posted by xrey

Hey Guys

I'm trying to update as shown in the thread title. However, when i click upgrade, setup tells me the following

"You can't upgrade from Win 7 64bit to Win 7 32bit"
"You can't upgrade from Win 7 32bit to Win 7 64 bit"

I have Win 7 x64, and i'm trying to install Win 7 x64. The only thing i have done is change one of the .ini files on the install to allow me to update from the RC version.

Any Ideas?
Thanks.

Which file did you change? where did you get your RTM image?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/69965-upgrading-windows-7-rc-windows-7-ultimate-retail.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade to a gaming computer. I'm just looking for a reasonable and a little above average computer for gaming. I'm not looking for Godlike! (pun ) computers for like Age of Conan or anything... Just a general computer that can play things decently (preferably CoD4 well) and to enhance my computer's running speed. It seems to make random slow downs and I suppose it's time for an upgrade. Also, I'm limited on money so I want to make this upgrade as cheap as possible.

As of now my hardware goes as follows...

Windows XP
1.00gb of Ram
Pentium D, 3.00 ghz
Nvidia Geforce 6600
ASUS Motherboard (whatever is compatible with D)

I suppose that my slowdowns result from my old Pentium D (2 years old) so I'm looking to replace that as my first priority.

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a S5-1224 HP which shows 2.8GHz processor & 6.0 RAM. I would like to run a flight simulator game. The game shows minimum system reqiurment of Dual core 2.5 GHz or faster, 4 GB RAM & Video card with at least 1 GB VRAM. Can my system be upgraded to run this? If so what would I need to buy and install? Thanks for any help. Not very computer savy but can install hardware and memory.

A:Upgrading for minor gaming

First of all, lets start a necessary dialogue concerning your system.The slimline series is a small case. Adding graphic power will increase the need for a new power supply (PSU), and both will add to the thermal heat inside the smaller case.   Your limited to a standard called TFX power supplies.  Here is an example.   PLEASE only look  at the supply and the physical dimensions.  Next comes another important issue, your also limited to a standard called "Legacy" graphic cards.   Non-Legacy cards are called UEFI vBIOS (implimented Sept 2012),  and that means you can not use UEFI cards. Not knowing the requirements of your chosen flight sim game, I chose Slight Simulator X Gold Edition.  You can go here and do the Can I Run It   module.   Or use this site, and plug in the game's name.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-for-minor-gaming/td-p/5729862
Relevancy 50.31%

hey all,

i just got a free laptop from a friend of mine, it's an "Acer Extensa 5513WLMI"

What i want to do with it is to upgrade it for gaming, so my question is would it be worth it to upgrade the laptop for some gaming, or just buy a new one xD ? and if its better to upgrade any ideas what would be good for it and at a low budget ?

Current Specs:

- 2Gb Ram
- Intel core 2 duo T5500 1.66ghz
- Intel Media Accelerator 950 [Gfx]
- 120 gb HDD

Acer Extensa 5513WLMI - Tech-specs <-- link for better specs.

A:Upgrading a laptop for gaming?

I would sell it and put the money towards a budget gaming PC. It takes a very specific laptop to play games on, and they are all VERY expensive. The few things you could upgrade on that aren't worth upgrading to be honest.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/272925-upgrading-laptop-gaming.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys new here at TechSpot and I gotta say its amazing We all know as time goes by games become more demanding and I think its time for me to upgrade computer Upgrading gaming my computer I want it to be good enough to run new games like Homefront or Black Ops Here are my system specs Processor type Intel Pentium Intel Pentium D Intel Upgrading gaming computer Core Duo NOTE Not all Pentium processors support Hyper-Threading technology Level L cache KB Level L cache MB for Pentium XX processors with Hyper Threading MB for Pentium XX processors with Hyper Threading x MB for Pentium D XX processors with dual core x MB for Pentium D Upgrading gaming computer XX processors with dual core K for Celeron D XX processors MB for Intel Core E processors and earlier MB for Intel Core E processors and later Memory Type -MHz -MHz and -MHz dual DDR unbuffered SDRAM Memory connectors four Memory capacities MB MB or GB non-ECC Maximum memory GB NOTE See Addressing Memory With -GB Configurations to verify the amount of memory available to the operating system BIOS address F h Computer Information Chipset Intel G Express Chipset RAID Support RAID Mirroring DMA channels eight Interrupt levels BIOS chip NVRAM MB NIC integrated network interface capable of communication System clock -MHz -MHz or -MHz data rate Video Type integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X Intel GMA X PCI Express Audio Type Sigmatel Expansion Bus Bus type PCI PCI Express x and x Bus speed PCI MHz PCI Express x slot bidirectional speed - MB s x slot bidirectional speed - GB s PCI connectors two connector size pins connector data width maximum bits PCI Express connector one x connector size pins connector data width maximum PCI Express lane PCI Express connector one x connector size pins connector data width maximum PCI Express lanes Drives Externally accessible Bays two -inch drive bays one -inch drive bay FlexBay Available devices Serial ATA drives floppy drive USB memory devices CD DVD drive and Media Card Reader Internally accessible two bays for -inch high serial ATA hard drives Connectors External connectors Video -hole connector Network adapter RJ- connector USB two front-panel and six back-panel USB -compliant connectors Audio six connectors for support System board connectors Serial ATA SATA four -pin connectors FlexBay Drive one USB -pin header with one pin removed for keying for optional Media Card Reader -inch bay device Floppy drive one -pin connector Fan one -pin connector PCI two -pin connectors PCI Express x one -pin connector PCI Express x one -pin connector Controls and Lights Power button push button Power light green light Blinking green in sleep state solid green for power-on state amber light Blinking amber indicates a problem with the power supply inside the computer If the system cannot boot and there is a solid amber light a problem with the system board may exist see Power Lights Hard drive access light green Link integrity light on integrated network adapter green light A good connection exists between the network and the computer off no light The computer is not detecting a physical connection to the network Activity light on integrated network adapter yellow blinking light Diagnostic lights four lights on the front panel see Diagnostic Lights Standby power light STBYLED on the system board Power DC power supply Wattage W Maximum heat dissipation BTU hr Voltage see the safety instructions located in the Product Information Guide for important voltage setting information Manually selectable to V and to V at Hz Backup battery -V CR lithium coin cell Physical Height cm inches Width cm inches Depth cm inches Weight kg lb Environmental Temperature Operating to C to F Storage to C to F Relative humidity to noncondensing Maximum vibration Operating to Hz at G Hz Storage to Hz at to G Hz Maximum shock Operating G - with pulse duration of msec - equivalent to in sec cm sec Storage G - with pulse duration of msec - equivalent to in sec cm sec Altitude O... Read more

A:Upgrading gaming computer

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition - $199.99
GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 - $179.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 - $64.99
SAPPHIRE 100312-1GSR Radeon HD 6950 1GB - $244.99
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W - $89.99
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB - $64.99
COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN3 CM690 II - $69.99

TOTAL - $914.93

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-gaming-computer.161760/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
i'm looking for some advice on what components of my standard HP Pavillion p6-2002uk desktop pc to upgrade which would give it better performance for playing games. I'm not the most clued up but I'm sure modifying what i currently have with some new hardware will be a lot cheaper than buy a lovely brand spanking new gaming pc!
I'm assuming getting a new graphics card would be beneficial etc. but i may be wrong which is where i need the help, also determining what is compatible.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Cheers

A:Upgrading my PC for better gaming performance

Here are my current specifications: click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/upgrading-my-pc-better-gaming-performance-4601223/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey everyone Well I had a friend make this computer for for Upgrading gaming my computer me about two years ago Upgrading my computer for gaming and I just found out tonight that it has a single core processor I know what you re probably thinking How could this guy not realize this until two years later Well I ve been noticing decreased gaming performance for the last couple months ago probably because I ve been buying more graphic intensive Upgrading my computer for gaming games I m hoping to gear it up for the upcoming ff But i m also trying to spend a minimal amount of money The main thing I need to change i realize is the processor and I ve been doing the research and it seems that I ll need a new motherboard I d like to try to avoid that but if it comes to it I would like to keep my RAM and graphics card if possible It seems like a lot to juggle and I m really hoping someone will be able to offer me some guidance I ll list the hardware details below Motherboard ASUS box is labeled Jetway PT - North Bridge VIA PT Pro Revision South Bridge VIA VT Revision CPU CPU Name Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPU Code Name Prescott Vendor GenuineIntel Number of Bits Instruction Set MMX SSE SSE SSE XD Platform Name Socket LGA Memory Memory Summary Maximum Capacity MBytes Maximum Memory Module Size MBytes Memory Slots Error Correction None DRAM Frequency MHz Memory Timings - - - CL-RCD-RP-RAS Device Locator Slot Capacity MBytes Memory Type DDR PC Speed MHz Supported Frequencies MHz Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Data Width bits EPP SPD Support No XMP SPD Support No Device Locator Slot Manufacturer Corsair Part Number VS GB C Capacity MBytes Memory Type DDR PC Speed MHz Supported Frequencies MHz MHz Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Data Width bits EPP SPD Support No XMP SPD Support No Device Locator Slot Manufacturer Corsair Part Number VS GB C Capacity MBytes Memory Type DDR PC Speed MHz Supported Frequencies MHz MHz Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Data Width bits EPP SPD Support No XMP SPD Support No Device Locator Slot Manufacturer Corsair Part Number VS GB C Capacity MBytes Memory Type DDR PC Speed MHz Supported Frequencies MHz MHz Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Data Width bits EPP SPD Support No XMP SPD Support No Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GS If there are any other specifications please don t hesitate to ask Again I m trying to look for a compatible processor dual core or even quad core for this mother board probably very unlikely or a motherboard that would fit my RAM and video card Thank you so much for your help and your time viewing my post nbsp

A:Upgrading my computer for gaming

I need more info about the motherboard because when doing a search for PT894-8237 or Asus PT894-8237 or even jetway PT894-8237, nothing comes up but the Via chipset.

But either way from those specs you gave me it looks like you have a Socket 775 Motherboard which is good because you can pick up a dual core or quad core for a decent price as you can see here,
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=106&subminorcatid=26
Keep in mind this is a Canadian Website so prices are in Canadian Currency but if you go to the checkout you can select American Currency if you are from the USA.

So This is what I would suggest to you. Buy a Dual Core Cpu (since very few if any games support quad core) And also buy a new Video card because yours is very underpowered for new higher end games & without upgrading both your not going to see much difference since the video card will be the bottleneck after you upgrade the cpu.

So as for a new video card I suggest something like the ATI 5770 which is a pretty good mid range card as you can see from here,
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=108

If your willing to get a higher end ATI card since they have the fastest video card out currently.

We also need to know the Brand/Model and watts of your power supply. Reason is because if you decide to also upgrade the video card you may also have to upgrade the Power Supply because it wont be strong enough to provide the added power a higher end video card is going to now draw from the Power Supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-my-computer-for-gaming.902290/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys I'm a PC noob and wanting to upgrade my household PC to a gaming PC I'm just struggling with what I need to do this
Help appreciated

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/upgrading-home-pc-gaming-pc-4606818/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have roughly $320 budget; Main upgrades I want - Mobo/Gcard/Ram/Heatsink (if possible a new case, have a stock gateway)
(Planning on keeping the CPU but willing to see all ways of upgrading)

Current Specs: (All Stock, no OC)
AMD Phenom II 925 Deneb 2.8 Ghz AM3 95W 6MB L3
Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H (AM2+ Mobo)
4GB RAM (Not sure what brand, nothing special, stock with the old gateway)
Seagate Barracuda 7200 750GB HD
Saphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 (weird model, not one of the nicer versions Ive seen)
hec X-Power Pro 650W ATX 12v v2.2 / EPS 12v
I would like DDR3 ram or something on a usable cheap'ish mobo.

Relevancy 49.88%

Yes I am aware that this desktop has a load of problems but Upgrading Gaming? an for eMachines ET1831-03 I am wondering if there is any way I could upgrade the power supply and video card for this specific Upgrading an eMachines ET1831-03 for Gaming? desktop I am not aware of what may or may not be compatible I have no prior experience with computer stuffs But I know the contents of the computer I am aware that there was a topic about this posted a while ago but the stuff suggested was I think retired The games I play are I will list them from most recent to least recent -Smite -Osu -Left Dead -Interstellar Marines -Minecraft -I have other games but I don t remember what to list All I want to do is basically have a graphics card good enough to play the latest games I don t care about exceptional performance or anything I just want to play in the right resolution with fps on low-medium graphics Now remember I m clueless so if I don t know what I m saying then just know that I m trying to explain myself xD Now lets see my budget is - If it s lower than or a little more than then it s fine Thanks Oh and I m Windows nbsp

A:Upgrading an eMachines ET1831-03 for Gaming?

Suggestions: Save money for building or buying a newer PC. You RAM is maxed out at 4GB (that is the motherboard max), which will hinder the performance of some games. Having 8GB of RAM is the "norm" for gaming now. If you want to upgrade a little now, and start saving money to get/build a better system later, then I would suggest the following:

Video Card - Your motherboard has a PCI Express x16 slot (Version 1.0), so to be compatible, I would suggest getting a 2.0 card - example: MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti - $114.99 USD ($84.99 after rebate) from TigerDirect. I suggest this card because it is a well built card. It doesnt draw too much power from the PSU, but will still give you plenty of graphic power to play those games you listed at medium if not medium/high settings.

PSU - Ultra LS Series V2 500w - $39.99 USD from TigerDirect

This would leave you money to start planning a better build (which we can help with that when you are ready to do so).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-an-emachines-et1831-03-for-gaming.207208/
Relevancy 49.88%

I built a gaming PC about 2 years ago, and while it still plays the games I play just fine, I'm itching to either build a completely new system, or upgrade some of the parts that are lacking. I am on a bit of a budget and would like to only have to buy one or two parts a month if I build a whole new rig. If anyone could take a look at my current setup and tell me which parts definitely need replacing, or if I should build something better that would be awesome. The details are in my profile. If the suggestion is to start from scratch, what is the best order to buy the parts in to make it a little more future proof? It would probably take me about 4-6 months to be able to buy everything depending on prices. Thanks in advance!

A:Advice on building/upgrading a Gaming PC

Here is a few options:

Upgrading the CPU to a FX-8350 would double the processing power.
Upgrading the GPU to a GTX-760 would more than double the graphical power.
If you don't have a power supply greater than 500W's, I'd recommend getting one before upgrading to GTX-760. If you prefer a different card, you can look up the recommended power ratings from AMD or nVidia, for the selected card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-building-upgrading-a-gaming-pc.199327/
Relevancy 49.88%

My current PC well SUCKS Hasn t bee upgraded at all since I got in PC; gaming all Is Upgrading a this to eachother? compatiable with in except for a new gig hard drive from the old Upgrading to a gaming PC; Is all this compatiable with eachother? gig hard drive and MB of RAM Finally time to modernize it so I can play some games I at least want to run World of Warcraft with some great quality with no lag I went to NewEgg and whipped this up Motherboard BIOSTAR NF -A Socket NVIDIA nForce ATX AMD Motherboard PCI Slots Max GB memory supported Not too sure if this is the one for me I need help here Processor AMD Athlon Orleans GHz Socket AM Processor Model ADA CNBOX Suicide Overclock jump reports of GHz working stable I m pretty confident this is a good choice for me I wanted to get a much more powerful Processor but I just don t have that money Graphics Card POWERCOLOR X GTO MBDDR Radeon X GTO MB GDDR PCI Express x Video Card Apparently runs CounterStrike perfectly Built-in fan I believe DirectX and OpenGL support This one I thought was a really incredible deal for that price I m not ENTIRELY sure yet but I think it s looking good Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda ST AS Perpendicular Recording Technology GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM Greatest Hard Drive deal I ve ever seen Around bucks for GB of storage I can go lower if my budget demands though DVD Burner SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner With X DVD-RAM Write LightScribe Technology Black IDE Model SH-S M BEBN - OEM Just your average DVD burner I didn t know they were this cheap so I m a bit worried I REALLY need a functional burner Total What do you guys think I can salvage my old Sound Card Case and Power Supply from my current PC I think How much power will I need to run all this Will I need a new supply I m unsure what my current one puts out I m also not sure if my sound card will be compatiable with the new motherboard Will my case even fit this It s an old clunky Compaq Presario case The old nasty ones you see at the library I just don t have the cash for a new one Alright that s it Is all my hardware compatiable with eachother Also how can I check my current system specs exactly nbsp

A:Upgrading to a gaming PC; Is all this compatiable with eachother?

Couple of major problems here.

The CPU and graphics card you have chosen will not work with that motherboard. You need to choose a socket AM2 motherboard with a PCIe x16 graphics slot. Something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127010

I also notice you haven't mentioned ram. You will not be able to use your current ram in this new system. Look at at least 1Gb of DDR2 800 ram.

Your power supply also will not be enough to power this new system. Have a look at the Antec SonataII case, which comes with a nice solid power supply for $75 after rebate:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129155

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-to-a-gaming-pc-is-all-this-compatiable-with-eachother.58819/
Relevancy 49.88%

I bought a Compaq Presario SR WM from Wal-mart last year for around Since then I ve really gotten into online gaming MMORPG s and while I can play the games on my computer I have to use the lowest graphics settings I want to upgrade my PC to up the resolution and be able to use anti-aliasing without lag While I have learned a lot about software since owning a computer I currently have no experience in hardware upgrades I should also mention that Solved: Need my Gaming advice. PC into Upgrading PC. this computer came with Vista Home but I downgraded to Windows XP which many might consider an upgrade come to think of it I have gone to multiple websites to find instructions on how to upgrade my computer but the only Solved: Upgrading my PC into Gaming PC. Need advice. problem is I have no idea what I should be buying I have all the instructions on how to perform the upgrade but not on the specific hardware I should be buying for my model number Any advice suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated I am including all the specs of my computer that I could find below Product Number KJ AA Processor Athlon LE L GHz MT s Socket AM Cache Memory L Cache kb Chipset GeForce SE nForce Motherboard Asus M N -LA HP Compaq motherboard name Ivy -GL Memory GB currently installed GB Max X GB allowed Speed Supported PC - MB sec Memory Solved: Upgrading my PC into Gaming PC. Need advice. Type pin DDR SDRAM Hard drive GB SATA G Gb sec rpm Modem K bps data fax modem Video Graphics Integrated graphics Sound Audio High Definition -channel audio ALC chipset Network LAN Integrated Base-T networking interface Expansion Slots Available PCI PCI Express X PCI Express x Drive Bays Available of quot and of quot Operating System Win XP Version Service Pack -bit I am planning to upgrade to Windows as soon as I can If there s any additional information I need to provide let me know and I ll get it here A S A P Thanks for any advice and suggestions ahead of time -Jenna- nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Just need to know what upgrade hardware (video card) I need to enable my computer to play the more graphically demanding internet video games that have been developed in the last couple of years.My computer came with the standard video card out of the box.  would like to know the product part number and availability if possible.I previewed the list of desktops no longer being supported by HP and my specific model number was not on the list.  I'm hoping that gives me a good chance I can get the part I need.Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-present-Video-for-Gaming/td-p/5619239
Relevancy 49.88%

My computer is starting to run slow when playing Rise of Legends. If I were to upgrade my system which would provide me the greatest performance gain: Graphics card upgrade, CPU or more RAM.

Intel® Pentium® 4 - 1.6 GHz
400 MHz System Bus
Cache • 12K micro-op trace Cache
512 PC-2100 DDR
80.0GB (5400RPM) UltraDMA Hard Drive
ATI 128MB graphics card (it's old, can't remember the model)

Relevancy 49.45%

I've managed to pick up a fairly cheap Acer XC-704 as part of a sale. Here are the off the shelf specs: Acer XC-704 Specs I'm hoping to upgrade it to run Civ 6. Below are the specs for Civ 6.Minimum:OS: Windows 7 64bit / 8.1 64bit / 10 64bitPROCESSOR: Intel Core i3 2.5 Ghz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 Ghz or greaterMEMORY: 4GB RAMHARD DRIVE: 12GB or moreDVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installationVIDEO CARD: 1GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 5570 or nVidia 450)Recommended:OS: Windows 7 64bit / 8.1 64bit / 10 64bitPROCESSOR: Fourth generation Intel Core i5 2.5 Ghz or AMD FX8350 4.0 Ghz or greaterMEMORY: 8GB RAMHARD DRIVE: 12GB or moreDVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installationVIDEO CARD: 2GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 7970 or nVidia 770 or greater)Anybody got any recomendations to parts for upgrading? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-XC-704-Upgrading-to-Run-Civ-6/td-p/457853
Relevancy 49.45%

Im seeking to helpful upgrading pc gaming some a buying & advice on Need either upgrade my PC or sell this PC and buy a new one but i dont know which is the better option efficiency and value wise Theese are my specs CPU Intel Core i CPU GHz Mhz core s Memory GB DDR GPU Nvidia Geforce GTS Its not bad but the graphics card definately needs upgrading and everything i play nowdays can only run on low graphics if i want a smooth framerate Heres the problem I desire to play Rift Duke Nukem Forever Skyrim and Battlefield and other games on very high highest graphics with the best framerate The thing is if i get a new graphics card which will probbarly be either Need some helpful advice on upgrading & buying a gaming pc a or i will also need to upgrade my PSU to a Branded PSU as its apparently reccomended to go with a good brand PSU manufacturer to increase the lifespan and Need some helpful advice on upgrading & buying a gaming pc safety of the PC as the new cards are power hungry I dont really have a good cooling system either as far as i know it seems to get quite hot with Need some helpful advice on upgrading & buying a gaming pc just the specs i have So then i would need to buy a new cooling system And i dont know if my GPU or Ram is good enough to even support a or a I wouldent want it even the slightest bit bottlenecked Ive only ever had Nvidia cards and i trust the company so i would rather a nvidia than a radeon If i end up realistically having to also upgrade the Ram or the CPU then wouldent it make sence it would just be better to sell my current pc and get a new one New as in built i dont want any crap like packard bell asus alienware ect ect as its cheaper to get it built and apparently its easiyer to upgrade than a allready made company computer so im told What do you think i should do what would be the better option Upgrade my PC starting off with a new graphics card even if i have to upgrade other components to support or sell this one and buy a new PC Remember theese are my specs CPU Intel Core i CPU GHz Mhz core s Memory GB DDR GPU Nvidia Geforce GTS Sorry for the long post and thanks for any advice nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I recently got a new 120gb SSD to replace my HDD. I have an i7 Lenovo y570, 8gb ram, with switchable graphics using a Nvidia GeForce 555m. Before upgrading, while playing Guild Wars 2 my performance was flawless on ultra graphics running at about 80 C and stable 50 FPS. Now I'm experiencing spiking FPS running at about mid 90's C after 5 mins on the lowest graphics settings! I updated all drivers and installed it correctly to the best of my knowledge.

Would greatly appreciate some help, ready to game!

Mike

A:CPU Temps on laptop much higher while gaming after upgrading to SSD

Was the video card driver one of those that you updated? If so, try uninstalling that driver and reinstalling the driver you did have on it. Sometimes driver updates break stuff.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270920-cpu-temps-laptop-much-higher-while-gaming-after-upgrading-ssd.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I want a gaming pc but found I can upgrade my pc for 200 for all the parts needed. I would like to play total war and the sims at med to high. And to play civ at medium. The graphics card is only 1gb. And the cpu is 3.4 ghz and quad core that can overclock. 

A:Would upgrading my cpu and gpu in my Dell inspiron 570 be good for gaming?

LucasM101
I want a gaming pc but found I can upgrade my pc for 200 for all the parts needed. I would like to play total war and the sims at med to high. And to play civ at medium. The graphics card is only 1gb. And the cpu is 3.4 ghz and quad core that can overclock. 
LucasM101
 The Inspiron 570 Ultimate Upgrade, that includes overclocking can be found Here:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19490818/20298141.aspx#20298141
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987347
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys I need some advice upgrading one of my older computers Basically before I was using Computer Gaming Solved: Upgrading Need Advice it as a media pc and just Solved: Upgrading Gaming Computer Need Advice recently have been letting my girlfriend use it as a gaming pc since its much better than what she has Here are the current specs Intel Pentium Dual Core E Ghz M mhz MSI P NGM -L GeForce Socket Motherboard EVGA GeForce GT MB PCIe w Dual Link DVI X Ultra MB PC DDR MHz Ultra LSP w Power Supply THERMALTAKE LanBox Lite MATX Cube Case I m not looking for anything amazing she s just getting framerate problems playing tf and we would like it to run smoothly we would also like it to be able to handle l d and l d on low settings I m thinking about surprising her and upgrading the video card for Christmas and need some help I don t believe the board that is in there will support the newer video cards and the case might be too small to fit a full size card in there anyway possibly with modification I really don t have the cash to build a brand new comp for her so I was hoping that there was a decent video card I could throw in with the current setup to get the games running smoothly nbsp

A:Solved: Upgrading Gaming Computer Need Advice

That's not a bad system, upgrading the graphics card will be enough, at least for the games you like it to run.

I think this card will be more than enough:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9&cm_re=radeon_hd_5750-_-14-102-859-_-Product

You can also buy a Radeon HD 4850 if you can find one. In fact the HD 4850 is a better choice since it's faster and you can get it for a better price:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129138&Tpk=radeon hd 4850

Note that I know nothing of VisionTek cards, I just posted the above link for reference. I'd go for any card made by Sapphire, XFX, Asus, Gigabyte and HIS. If you can find one of those go for it!

The bad news is that you have to upgrade your PSU as well, running the new card on a low end/cheapo PSU could lead to all kinds of problems.

Get this one if you can afford it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9005&cm_re=corsair_650-_-17-139-005-_-Product

Cheaper alternatives:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...371020&cm_re=antec_psu-_-17-371-020-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._re=ocz_stealthxstream-_-17-341-031-_-Product

EDIT:

If you can't fit a normal size card in your case then you can get something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=HD_4650_low_profile-_-14-102-829-_-Product

But I don't think it's worth it as this card will perform close to your 9500 GT...It's hard to find a fast small form factor card.

This will be certainly faster but not by much:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=9600_low_profile-_-14-187-060-_-Product

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-upgrading-gaming-computer-need-advice.882049/
Relevancy 49.45%

So I bought a pretty nice gaming pc about 2 years ago...and i want to keep her around but add some upgrades.

Heres what I have on board at the moment:

Amd Athalon 64 x2 3800+ Processor
Ati x1900 512mb videocard
3 gig of corsair ddr ram pc3200
ABIT KN8 Ultra Motherboard

I wanted a dx10 videocard so I just snagged:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150267

Now i am considering upgrading my processor to an amd 5600+ or 6000+ x2...but don't know if I should upgrade my motherboard at the same time?

I want a pretty good gaming pc, and have heard great things about that videocard. I am new to upgrading myself but am excited to learn. Please give me your input.

If you think mobo and new processor plz give me some ideas...thanks so much

Relevancy 49.45%

ok so i upgrade my pc and moved from amd to intel, i got a evga p67 ftw motherboard and a 2500k i5 processor, im going to be watercooling everthing and i want to make sure it works so i build a quick version on top of my motherboard box, but the real problem im having is when i try to boot, so it does the first load screen where the 4 balls of color come together and form the windows flag and then it blue screens for about a second(just short enough so i cant read it) and then it restarts. ive take the hard drive and put it back in my old configuration just to check and make sure it didnt get corrupted and it boots perfectly so i have no idea what to do, please help i want to start watercooling already !!!!

A:Upgrading gaming pc and i get blue screen(that last for 1 sec) right after loading

update it does the same thing when i boot into safe mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-gaming-pc-and-i-get-blue-screen-that-last-for-1-sec-right-after-loading.175199/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys, I'm planning to get a laptop for general stuff and gaming. It's important to me that I can play PC games that aren't too intensive graphics wise. I need a laptop that can run games like Skyrim, TF2 and some MMOs at preferably medium to high settings (but I could go for med to low). The laptop I've found is here:
ACER V5-552 15.6" Laptop
Processor: AMD A10-5757M (2.5GHz, 3.5 GHz with Turboboost, 4MB L2 cache)
Storage: I TB HDD (5400 rpm)
6 GB RAM (DDR3) Up to 12 GB installable RAM
Graphics Card: Integrated Radeon HD 8650G
Resolution: 1366x768
Is this going to work well with fairly easy games or could I go even more intensive for games like Crysis 3 and BF4?
Thanks for your help,
Joe

A:Acer V5-552 Laptop For Gaming

That processor is OK for gaming but the built in GPU is a little low if your expecting high settings even at 720p (With a decent framerate of course). On a game like Crysis 3 Which is so heavy on GPU's, you will likely only get low on that. As for BF4, I can say Medium 30+ FPS at that resolution. If you want a gaming grade laptop, your going to have to jump up a few notches for performance.
This is a medium-low end gaming laptop designed more for people playing not as intensive games as your listing. If you have a budget, could you list it and we will make some alternative solutions. Im assuming around $550 since newegg lists that laptop for that price, but with only 384 stream processors your not going to get far with that even at 720p except on the low settings. BF3 for instance on the 7660D (Which is just the 8650D essentially) runs at 58FPS average on low settings on a 720p monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-552-laptop-for-gaming.199515/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all nbsp I recently purchased the Acer Aspire T3-710 upgrading gpu Acer Aspire T - Desktop computer specs below however I need to upgrade the graphics card and it looks like there is enough space to fit this Nvidia GTX ti nbsp graphics card Acer Aspire T3-710 upgrading gpu The current graphics card is a Nvidia gtx OEM specs here This current card is a single slot the one I would like is double slot there is single slots on the backplate It appears large enough but I am unsure nbsp Anybody got any advice on upgrading this card Or even better GPUs that would fit the T - My current PSU is only w so I know I need to upgrade that also but I don't want to until I have a graphics card I know will fit nbsp nbsp My current Desktop specs nbsp Windows Home -bitIntel Core i GHz Skylake nmRAM GB Dual-Channel Acer Aspire T3-710 upgrading gpu DDR Motherboard Acer Aspire T - U E GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TB HDD rpmPSU w nbsp Thanks for any help nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-T3-710-upgrading-gpu/td-p/435895/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, I have an Acer aspire 5610 and I really want to upgrade the hardware.
It has an GMA 950 Which I really can't change, and vista with supporting 1GB of Ram. and 170GB Hdd.

What hardware could I upgrade in my laptop that would boost performance? Is the upgraded hardware going to dramasticly boost my gaming performance? How much would the upgrades cost?

I heard I should upgrade my HDD, Is this worth it? would it boost my gaming performance?

A:upgrading my Acer laptop.

Your only real options here are to increase your Ram. You can upgrade the Hard Drive though that won't help your Gaming much. Your Video card would be what gives you the most boost for gaming, but as you said you can't upgrade that.

Most laptops are not designed as Gaming Machines. There are a few that are quite good at gaming but they are actually quite expensive. Alienware Laptops are good but you have to check out the prices. http://www.alienware.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-my-acer-laptop.834888/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi,
i have recentley brought an acer X3900 it has an Intel Core i5-650 and 3GB RAM,
i want to upgrade the graphics card on this thing but i am unsure of what to get, what could this computer handle? would there even be a place to fit one on the motherboard? i am looking to spend between 100 and 200 pounds, im not really 1 for the best graphics and all my games run mainly on low settings on an 8600m at the moment, but a fairly good upgrade would be nice, Thanks, oh yeh and i like nvidia 1's, dont wana change, cheers

A:Upgrading GPU in Acer X3900

According to Acer's website you can use a low-profile video card and there is a x16 PCI-express slot. The power supply is only 220W so you're pretty limited to what will run on that machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-gpu-in-acer-x3900.150505/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am unable to download windows 10 to my acer all-in-one system as its showing that my NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 240 Graphics card is not compatible. I have downloaded drivers and tried upgrading windows 10 but still its not working. Please provide me with appropriate solution.

A:Windows 10 not upgrading to my Acer All-In-One hav...

Doesn't it give you the option to do the update anyway?

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Windows-10-not-upgrading-to-my-Acer-All-In-One-having-an-NVIDIA/td-p/430040
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all nbsp I recently purchased the Acer Aspire T - Desktop computer specs below however I need to upgrade the graphics card and it looks like there is enough space to fit this Nvidia GTX ti nbsp graphics card The current graphics card is a Nvidia gtx OEM specs here This current card is a single slot the one I would like is double slot there is single slots on the backplate It appears large enough but I am unsure nbsp Anybody got any advice on upgrading this card Or even better GPUs that would fit the T - My current PSU is only w so I know I need to upgrade that also but I don't want to until I have a graphics card upgrading Aspire gpu T3-710 Acer I know will fit nbsp nbsp My current Desktop specs nbsp Windows Home -bitIntel Core i GHz Skylake nmRAM GB Dual-Channel DDR Motherboard Acer Aspire T - U E GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TB HDD rpmPSU w nbsp Thanks for any help nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire T3-710 upgrading gpu

Hi neewuI have also recently purchased this pc and immediately upgraded the psu to a 600w evga unit to install a decent gpu. As it stands the best gpu you could go with for this prebuilt is a 750ti. The issue is not only with the psu but the length of the card itself. There is only 1 PCI slot on the motherboard and there are power connections directly behind the video card seemingly preventing a card longer than 6.5 inches or so to be installed. From what I gather it would be worth it to upgrade the psu as I have and go for a GTX 960 mini or a 970 mini. If anyone has upgraded the gpu on this pc I also would be interested to know what fits. I have ordered a 970 mini and will post the results when it arrives

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-T3-710-upgrading-gpu/td-p/435895
Relevancy 49.02%

Well I got this brand new Acer Veriton g for free Considering I sold my old suggestions) Upgrading Acer (Need an gaming computer for an X and was running on a GHz replacement I was pretty excited I opened up the case and noticed that it has an AGP x slot along with two more memory slots to fill I took and put a spare fan in the empty fan port in the back of the case I also pulled a w power supply out of the closet probably spare from a cheap case purchase and put that in there to replace the w power supply I had dollars in BestBuy money on a gift card on my wallet so I went out and got two more Kingston and just installed them Now I want something sweet to put in the AGP slot This is why I am posting today I was thinking about getting the BFG GS but I wanted to get some more opinions first I know I am not going to get anything real great but Upgrading an Acer (Need suggestions) this thing should at least last me through college All I play is some strategy and MMO games anyway so this computer should last me a while nbsp

A:Upgrading an Acer (Need suggestions)

First you will need to replace the powersupply. a cheep 300w won't run a high end card like that. I recomend this powersupply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954
It is made by an exelent company (FSP) and will power a card like that and still leave headroom for future upgrades.

The geforce 7800 is a good card for agp systems but the Radeon X1950 pro is the best agp card currently avalible and rocomended if you can afford it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=Property&Subcategory=48&Description=&Type=&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&PropertyCodeValue=696%3A9640&PropertyCodeValue=696%3A9639&PropertyCodeValue=679%3A23298&PropertyCodeValue=679%3A24896&PropertyCodeValue=679%3A25339&PropertyCodeValue=679%3A23257
there are some X1950s

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-an-acer-need-suggestions.68861/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm upgrading my AO532H-2588 hdd to a kingston vt series 256gb ssd , also im adding a broadcom HD crystal hardware decoder 970015 and a 2gb ddr2 667 for ram. I'm running widows 7 32bit home premium also.
Any one have any tips or tricks to help out? I'm a wind turbine technician and work with software and hardware but nothing like this.
How do I check my bios ver. and do i need to upgrade?
Should I change my OS ?

Relevancy 49.02%

I am unable to download windows 10 to my acer all-in-one system as its showing that my NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 240 Graphics card is not compatible. I have downloaded drivers and tried upgrading windows 10 but still its not working. Please provide me with appropriate solution.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Windows-10-not-upgrading-to-my-Acer-All-In-One-having-an-NVIDIA/td-p/430040/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.02%

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Windows-10-not-upgrading-to-my-Acer-All-In-One-having-an-NVIDIA/m-p/430040
Relevancy 48.16%

I am looking to go from 6gb to 16gb of DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM (dual-channel support on four DIMMs)

Where and What product should I buy?

additional specs:
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/2011/acer/aspire/AspireM3450/AspireM3450sp2.shtml

Thanks a bunch!

Relevancy 48.16%

I need some advice about upgrading my Acer Aspire One D - 8 D250 - Pro HDD ... Win One Aspire upgrading to Acer BQr SNID now with GB ram from the original dual boot Windows XP Home with SP Android set up to a Windows Pro only OS newly purchased upgrade DVD The problem appears to be with the hard drive but I m not convinced that upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ... s where the issue actually lies nbsp I had chosen not to keep any files with the upgrade so this should have been a nearly clean install upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ... The upgrade procedure failed with the ubiquitous there is a problem error and now the install won t start over or continue beyond that point when I restart from the Win DVD nbsp The BIOS the original InsydeHO v Intel V does still see the hard drive the original Seagate Momentus SATA ST AS but it doesn t list the drive when I go on to try a custom install which I believe I should be able to do even with an upgrade disk Running diskpart during the install tells me that There are no fixed disks to show nbsp I removed the HDD and tethered it to a Win PC where I ran Seagate s SeaTools diagnostic and repair utility and then ran Checkdisk Everything appears to be fine The Disk Management utility on that PC tells me that its GB is partitioned as GB Healthy OEM GB NTFS Healthy Primary Partition and GB Unallocated presumably where Android used to reside nbsp I have tried the custom install again using the new Crucial MX GB SSD that I had intended to port the upgraded OS to subsequently having initialised that first using the other PC showing GB NTFS Healthy Primary Partition but the Win install doesn t list that disk either and diskpart also doesn t show it nbsp I had thought about a BIOS upgrade to Acer s v but I m not convinced that is the problem since the current BIOS does see the HDD nbsp Your help would be greatly appreciated nbsp I am not an IT professional by the way only a novice PC hobbyist So be gentle and keep it as simple as you can

A:upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ...

John_Easton, I think you're going to have to get a working (and activated) operating system on your computer again...i.e. windows xp or windows vista or windows 7 so you can use your upgrade dvd.  Since you have the "upgrade only" version of Windows 8 pro, I don't think you can do a clean install of windows 8 pro on your ssd.  If you can install your windows xp recovery discs on that ssd, then I think you can use your winpro upgrade dvd. I'm assuming that you have the "upgrade only" version of windows 8 pro.  Maybe that's not the case and you have full version of windows 8 pro????  Please post if you really have full version of win8pro, and it will be an easy fix. Don't be afraid to call (or chat) microsoft either.  They are very  helpful with things like this.  You can just explain the situation and I'm sure they could probably give you good advice or resolve it. Anyway, that's what I would do....call microsoft.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/upgrading-Acer-Aspire-One-D250-to-Win-8-Pro-HDD-issues/td-p/388741
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an Acer Veriton M which I am looking to upgrade The graphics card recently died and I am looking for a new one I would like to play games like League of Legends World of tanks CS GO and a few easy to run games I would also like to upgrade the RAM which I currently have gb of but I m not sure how much the motherboard can support I am looking to buy this http goo gl please!? M460 Acer Veriton upgrading Help with lXrgo however I m not sure whether it will fit if the PSU wattage can support it and if the CPU Help with upgrading Acer Veriton M460 please!? will be a bottleneck I am unsure of the specs and I can t check because when I load up Help with upgrading Acer Veriton M460 please!? my PC everything is enlarged and I can t get around I think this is because the Graphics card is broken so Help with upgrading Acer Veriton M460 please!? I would also appreciate if you could help me change the resolution and if factory resetting it would work that d be great because I m planning to anyway however I do know the CPU is an Intel duo quad core G I have a budget of for the graphics card If the one I suggested won t work and I will only need gb of RAM which won t be much money a suggestion would be nice though please I can t afford a whole new system yet so I m just upgrading this I know it seems like a lot but it won t come anywhere near the cost of a new PC Sorry for asking a lot I just can t be sure as I can t see my system specs because I can t get on my PC and there isn t much on the internet about it as it s a fairly old system Any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I currently have an old Acer Extensa laptop with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition -bit with Service Pack SP preinstalled I wanted to use it as an emergency laptop and put a new SSD GB hard drive in it and do a new install of a Windows OS preferable Windows I prefer to use the latest Windows because I already have an official Windows ISO file that I downloaded from microsoft com when installing a new SSD to my current Lenovo laptop I also have the old Windows Vista product key from the old Acer Extensa laptop Question Is it possible to upgrade to Windows with an old laptop given the specs below without any performance issues or general compatibility problems Question If yes to the st question above and my old laptop can indeed handle the Windows OS what's the best way to install Windows Keep in mind I'm starting with a brand new GB SSD with nothing on it I have both product keys one from Vista and one from Windows Thank you The Acer Extensa has the following specifications Processor AMD Athlon X dual-core processor TK- Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition operating systemMemory GB PC - DDR SDRAMOptical Drive Multiformat DVD RW CD-RW drive with double-layer supportScreen WXGA my lapt for options OS old upgrading What Acer are an from TFT-LCD CrystalBrite widescreen displayHard drive Hitachi GB rpm SATA hard driveGraphics ATI Radeon Xpress X graphics with MB dedicated memoryAudio Acer DSonic stereo speakers with high-definition audio supportWireless Acer What are my options for upgrading OS from an old Acer lapt InviLink wireless LAN b g Ports -in- media card reader Ethernet LAN with RJ- connector V high-speed modem

A:What are my options for upgrading OS from an old Acer lapt

install windows 8.1 with windows 8/8.1 key, clean install, drivers - updates, done..

some older hardware may be any issue - but can't tell you if so.. as compatibility wizard will not run on vista..

my old dell vista machine - no problem
wife's newer dell win 7 machine - had to change wifi card

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/60495-what-my-options-upgrading-os-old-acer-lapt.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I need some advice about upgrading my Acer Aspire One D - BQr SNID now with GB ram from the original dual boot Windows XP Home with SP Android set up to a Windows Pro only OS newly purchased upgrade DVD The problem appears to be with the hard drive but I m not convinced that s where the issue actually lies nbsp I had chosen not to keep any files with the upgrade Pro ... Acer D250 One 8 HDD Aspire - Win upgrading to so this should have been a nearly clean install The upgrade upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ... procedure failed with the ubiquitous there is a problem error and now the install won t start over or continue beyond that point when I restart from the Win DVD nbsp The BIOS the original InsydeHO v Intel V does still see the hard drive the original Seagate Momentus SATA ST AS but it doesn t list the drive when I go on upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ... to try a custom install which I believe I should be able to do even with an upgrade disk Running diskpart during the install tells me that There are no fixed disks to show nbsp I removed the HDD and tethered it to a Win PC where I ran Seagate s SeaTools upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ... diagnostic and repair utility and then ran Checkdisk Everything appears to be fine The Disk Management utility on that PC tells me that its GB is partitioned as GB Healthy OEM GB NTFS Healthy Primary Partition and GB Unallocated presumably where Android used to reside nbsp I have tried the custom install again using the new Crucial MX GB SSD that I had intended to port the upgraded OS to subsequently having initialised that first using the other PC showing GB NTFS Healthy Primary Partition but the Win install doesn t list that disk either and diskpart also doesn t show it nbsp I had thought about a BIOS upgrade to Acer s v but I m not convinced that is the problem since the current BIOS does see the HDD nbsp Your help would be greatly appreciated nbsp I am not an IT professional by the way only a novice PC hobbyist So be gentle and keep it as simple as you can

A:upgrading Acer Aspire One D250 to Win 8 Pro - HDD ...

John_Easton, I think you're going to have to get a working (and activated) operating system on your computer again...i.e. windows xp or windows vista or windows 7 so you can use your upgrade dvd.  Since you have the "upgrade only" version of Windows 8 pro, I don't think you can do a clean install of windows 8 pro on your ssd.  If you can install your windows xp recovery discs on that ssd, then I think you can use your winpro upgrade dvd. I'm assuming that you have the "upgrade only" version of windows 8 pro.  Maybe that's not the case and you have full version of windows 8 pro????  Please post if you really have full version of win8pro, and it will be an easy fix. Don't be afraid to call (or chat) microsoft either.  They are very  helpful with things like this.  You can just explain the situation and I'm sure they could probably give you good advice or resolve it. Anyway, that's what I would do....call microsoft.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/upgrading-Acer-Aspire-One-D250-to-Win-8-Pro-HDD-issues/td-p/388741/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all,

Currently I have a Acer TravelMate 3020, would like to upgrade it from Windows XP to Windows 7, my specs is

CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300 Chipset: Mobile Intel 945GM Express Front-side Bus: 667MHz Memory: Dual-Channel DDR2 Memory Capacity: 1.5GB Display: 12.1″ TFT LCD w/CrystalBrite technology,Graphics Chipset: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 950
Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Modem: 56K V.90 Ethernet: 10/100/1000-T Gigabit Bluetooth: Bluetooth V2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) solution - up to 3M signal cover, with Bluetooth phone support Audio I/O: Headphone/Line-Out, Microphone/Line-In USB: 3x USB 2.0 Firewire: 1x IEEE 1394 PC Card: 1x Type II Flash/Memory Card Reader: Secure Digital (SD), xD Picture Card, MultiMediaCard (MMC), MemoryStick (MS), MemoryStick Pro (MSPRO) Other: Fast Infrared (FIR), Optional Acer ezDock, Possibly AcerMedia Bay - Extra HDD or Battery

Pleae advise. Thank you

A:Upgrading win 7 from Acer TravelMate 3020

Check with the Upgrade Advisor:

Download details: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

Than post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/90741-upgrading-win-7-acer-travelmate-3020-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have had an Acer Apire T180 for a long time, and it is rarely used any more. I was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade its CPU, and add in a graphics card so that it would be suitable for high end gaming? I'm not sure whether this task would be too difficult, or if it would require a change in motherboards? It has an AMD Sempron 3000+, and I would assume it has integrated graphics? Help would be much appreciated?Thanks in advance

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Upgrading-my-Acer-Aspire-T180/td-p/425777/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an Acer Aspire 5253-BZ602 with 2GB and added memory. The speakers are rather worthless. I have to hold the laptop up to my ear half the time to listen to anything. A real pain. Is there a realistic fix/upgrade for this? Thanks

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there,

I need some help finding out what parts I need for upgrading my old computer to a speed capable of handling music production software, the computer is about 4/5 years old so is a little out-dated.
This is the spec:

Windows Xp 32 bit
AMD sempron 3100+ 1.8ghz
2gb Ram (although it only says 1.3 available?)
80gb Hdd
NVIDEA GeForce 4 Mx440
I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to upgrades etc. So If there is anything else you need to know about it, just ask.

Hope you can help,
Thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey all So I want to build a quot gaming desktop quot mainly to play final fanatsy As far as desktop building goes I ve never built one but I ve always wanted to I ve been using this website http www build-gaming-computers com best-cpu html to help me out Building Desktop) (Gaming Computer a Desktop with my research Basically what I m doing at this point is trying to get Building a Desktop Computer (Gaming Desktop) an understanding of the different Building a Desktop Computer (Gaming Desktop) parts I should purchase in order to build this I m currently looking at an AMD Phenom II X Black Edition for the CPU I m a little confused on which motherboard to get though I ve read to stay away from motherboards with integrated video cards I would like to buy seperate video cards that I can install myself for better performance does that mean I should stay away from this combo on newegg http www newegg com Product ComboDealDetails aspx ItemList Combo I have a zillion other questions but right now Im trying to Building a Desktop Computer (Gaming Desktop) focus on choosing a cpu and a motherboard any thoughts advice comments on anything I ve said Please HELP If I put this question in the wrong forum I do apologize I m new to the forums If anything just point me in the right direction and I ll re-post there Thanks all nbsp

A:Building a Desktop Computer (Gaming Desktop)

No reason to avoid integrated graphics. You don't have to use it.

Take a look at barebones kits at places like Tigerdirect.com. You may find something to your liking and they give you a big head-start, include the processor usually, and are much cheaper than individual parts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-desktop-computer-gaming-desktop.949858/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone I've just bought a new Acer Aspire V G My laptop crashes or reboot by itself every times i play a video game Sometimes minutes or hours later -I update all the drivers from the Acer Website -I've updated the Bios to the latest -I've already Random BSOD when Aspire Acer gaming run a memory test with Memtest during hours no single error -I've run a CPU test with intel with intel Processor diagnostic There's a warning which says CPU Frequency Test Passed with Warning The processor Random BSOD when gaming Acer Aspire frequency could be affected by Random BSOD when gaming Acer Aspire power management features In order to ensure the processor frequency is not affected by a power management setting enter BIOS load defaults and disable any 'Over-Clocking' or power management features that may affect processor frequency Also set any software applications which control power management features to default I didn't overclocked my CPU I don't know whether it's overclocked or not It's a second hand laptop -I've tried to test my graphic card with AtiTool but when i run it it says ''The Kernel Mode driver does not seem to be running A device driver is Random BSOD when gaming Acer Aspire required for communication with your video hardware -I've also run a hard disk test with HDtune and it seems that i have Mb as bad sector My specs IntelCore i - MQ ghz with turbo boost up to ghz Nvidia Ge force gt m gb ram DDR L to hdd West digital windows upgraded to windows bits Please help me to solve this problem thanks

A:Random BSOD when gaming Acer Aspire

Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!
Also, with the debut of Win10, we are extremely busy with it.

Do your still need help with this problem?
I will be notified if you reply to this topic and will respond within 48 hours.

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum): Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions Please use Option 1 as it provides Event Viewer logs.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54646-random-bsod-when-gaming-acer-aspire.html
Relevancy 47.73%

http www gadgetfolder com acer-aspire-x -excellent-mini-pc-specs html As you can see it has a low profile case At the moment I can only fit small Acer Upgrading or of x3810 Aspire GPU case graphics cards into it so basically how quot tall quot the gpu can be is cut in half since the wideness of the case is so small as you can see just looking at the front I deduced this by trying to fit my geforce into it didn t fit because its too tall I was wondering if you guys could give me some links of some relatively powerful GPU s that would fit into my case if you can t find anything higher than a then don t bother I want to be able to play Mass Effect and Battlefield on all high So if thats the case then I m wondering if anybody here Upgrading case or GPU of Acer Aspire x3810 could help me find out my motherboard size Because I don t want to buy a new case and than find out my MB wont even fit in there I don t know much about compatibility between MB s and Cases does it even matter Should I just buy any bigger case and it should fit Or am I in big trouble because its an ACER computer and Upgrading case or GPU of Acer Aspire x3810 the MB might not be a quot common quot form factor And on top of that I have another problem I have a quot wireless network quot card in there I think thats what you call it And its a small size so if I get a bigger case then it wont fit because of the thingy The silver platting on the card that you screw onto the case that connects to the back of the case Sorry for just pouring all this info onto you guys but I think I m in some big trouble I now fear for my future as a PC gamer nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

After upgrading my Acer 5742-6682 from Windows 7 to  Windows 10 the laptop no longer detects flash drives (USB 2 or 3). There is a sound when a drive is plugged into a port (all three ports act the same). In the device manager an unknown mass storage device is listed. The flash drive cannot be seen Computer or Windows Explorer. I started the machine from a Linux DVD and all flash drives were recognized and mounted without delay. I have tried Lexar, PNY, SanDisk, and Verbatim brand flash drives. The problem in Windows 10 is that the drives are not automatically recognized and installed. I can manually install them (a very annoying process).

A:After upgrading my Acer 5742-6682 to Windows 10 t...

Fire up Device Manager and see there any issues shown I'm guessing one of the USB hubs is having a friver problem.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/After-upgrading-my-Acer-5742-6682-to-Windows-10-the-laptop-no/td-p/430526/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an Acer Aspire as above with just 2GB of memory. I'm told that I can upgrade it to as much as 8GB but what I need to know is :- 1) is it just one bank of 8GB memory or is it two banks of 4GB memory?2) what type of memory is it that is fitted?3) is there a photo or anything like that where I can see what I'm going to encounter as I take the bottom of the machine off? I'd like to see what I'm doing before I make a start. Many thanks

A:Upgrading memory on Acer Aspire E11 E3-112-C455

Hello, Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Upgrading-memory-on-Acer-Aspire-E11-E3-112-C455/td-p/365980
Relevancy 47.73%

currently the Aspire E Acer Aspire E700 Upgrading Xp, Vista With To has XP Media Center Edition and i'm wanting to upgrade it to Vista Home Premium i've come for help here since Acer won't support me even though the system is Vista Capable Now for a start Acer Tech support won't tell me how to burn the recovery discs that are on the hidden partion on the hardrive and told me that if i upgraded to Vista they would be useless anyway because Acer Aspire E700 With Xp, Upgrading To Vista Vista Upgrade or full clean install would delete it and the discs wouldn't work To go back to previous windows i would need to do a ghost image of it so i can use the old windows if needed after instaling vista i would need to do a ghost image also so i wouldn't have the activation problem so that would be done What is a good Ghost image maker and which are the simplest to use in creating and restoring Is Vista Upgrade easy to install your self do you think it would be best if i took it to a computer store to do this i know they can charge a bit but this process shouldn't take more than a day Let me know the best way around this

A:Acer Aspire E700 With Xp, Upgrading To Vista

1) A good Ghost imaging program is Acronis True Image (get v10 for Home as it's Vista compatible also). Another is Ghost by Symantec. There are freeware apps out there, but I haven't tried any so I can't recommend them.

2) Vista is much simpler than XP. Less time and fewer screens to contend with. Stay away from upgrading another OS - too many problems. But purchasing the upgrade version and clean installing it will be the easiest.

3) A computer store could do this faster and easier than you - but if you find a place that'll do it in a day I'd wonder because they weren't all that busy. Expect 3 or 4 days for an installation without issues - longer if there's problems with the drivers, etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86086/acer-aspire-e700-with-xp-upgrading-to-vista/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an Acer Aspire one d255e netbook which runs Windows 7 starter. Although I have upgraded the ram to 2 Gb it still is a bit sluggish. Would upgrading to Windows 7 home improve performance? I am also thinking of doing a clean install of Vista or even XP to improve performance.

A:Acer aspire upgrading to full windows 7

Would be better to buy a higher spec NetBook.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/270786-acer-aspire-upgrading-full-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

After upgrading my Acer 5742-6682 from Windows 7 to  Windows 10 the laptop no longer detects flash drives (USB 2 or 3). There is a sound when a drive is plugged into a port (all three ports act the same). In the device manager an unknown mass storage device is listed. The flash drive cannot be seen Computer or Windows Explorer. I started the machine from a Linux DVD and all flash drives were recognized and mounted without delay. I have tried Lexar, PNY, SanDisk, and Verbatim brand flash drives. The problem in Windows 10 is that the drives are not automatically recognized and installed. I can manually install them (a very annoying process).

A:After upgrading my Acer 5742-6682 to Windows 10 t...

Fire up Device Manager and see there any issues shown I'm guessing one of the USB hubs is having a friver problem.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/After-upgrading-my-Acer-5742-6682-to-Windows-10-the-laptop-no/td-p/430526
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an Acer Aspire as above with just 2GB of memory. I'm told that I can upgrade it to as much as 8GB but what I need to know is :- 1) is it just one bank of 8GB memory or is it two banks of 4GB memory?2) what type of memory is it that is fitted?3) is there a photo or anything like that where I can see what I'm going to encounter as I take the bottom of the machine off? I'd like to see what I'm doing before I make a start. Many thanks

A:Upgrading memory on Acer Aspire E11 E3-112-C455

Hello, Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Upgrading-memory-on-Acer-Aspire-E11-E3-112-C455/td-p/365980/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I was just given an AXC-705-UR53 by a friend who upgraded her computer. I was wondering what graphics cards would fit in the case. I'm interested in a MSI GeForce GTX 750Ti since it's a low-profile card, but I'm not sure it'll fit. What are decent cards that would fit in this case. Thank you all in advance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Upgrading-graphics-card-in-a-Acer-Aspire-AXC-705-UR53/td-p/448709
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently upgraded my Lubuntu from xx to xx The upgrade finished showing of some errors which I don t recall but the computer kept running Then I tried to restart it but it froze in a black screen with a bunch of stuff written like a loading screen then I switched it off and tried to restart again but now it seem like the power button doesn t do anything no lights no sounds nothing at all This Lubuntu 5570Z upgrading Acer after 14.xx Aspire won't start to acer already had some starting problems previously to this Sometimes it wouldn t start but after a couple tries at the power button and maybe removing the battery it would turn on properly But after the upgrade it seems like the power button doesn t exist anymore it just does nothing I already tried removing the batteries unplugging the cable Acer Aspire 5570Z won't start after upgrading to Lubuntu 14.xx plugging the cable back on and holding the power button for a bunch of seconds but nothing helped Also tried removing battery plugging cable off holding power button for a minute plugging cable back on and nothing I also removed the ram sticks sort of cleaned them Acer Aspire 5570Z won't start after upgrading to Lubuntu 14.xx and put them back on still nothing Also my battery was just plain dead it doesn t recharge anymore When the computer was running and I removed the power cable then it would shut down immediately I know it probably shouldn t but maybe this has something to do with it I m out of ideas anyone could please light my way and help me get this fixed I know this seems like a hardware failure but why after an OS upgrade What does it have to do with it This is puzzling me nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey all,

I've been given a laptop by my father-in-law for the kids to play with but it's as slow as hell and is in some real need of TLC. It's running Vista 32-bit at the moment but I have a spare 7 upgrade 32-bit disc which I had installed on my old PC (which has since been decommissioned) and thought i'd install that on the Aspire to give it a new lease of life.
I searched the Acer website but they don't carry Windows 7 drivers for that model, only Vista drivers. I was just wondering if the Vista drivers would be compatible and OK to install onto a Windows 7 install? Pretty random question I know but if anybody has any insight into this I'd be extremely grateful.

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Booz.

A:Upgrading an Acer Aspire 5535 to W7 - Drivers comaptible?

Hi there .. I would go ahead with the Install and any Drivers Windows does not find ... You should be able to use the Vista ones they work in most cases ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/315957-upgrading-acer-aspire-5535-w7-drivers-comaptible.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all.

I was wondering if I could upgrade to Win7 from vista HP on my Acer 5720z with an upgrade DVD I have from sony.

Actually I bought a Sony VAIO and I do not want to upgrade it to Win7. But I did want to use the upgrade DVD that came with it on my Acer.

Me thinks there should not be a problem and I will need to hunt for Acer drivers but I just wanted to confirm if Win7 would activate okay using Sony Win7 key on an Acer laptop????

TIA

A:upgrading acer vista laptop with sony upgrade dvd

I think that varies case by case, from manufacturer to manufacturer. It could be that the Sony disc expects to see a Sony BIOS and if it doesn't, you are out of luck.

I'd guess you would just have to try it. I would further guess that if it will install, it will activate.

But as a safeguard, I would make sure I could restore the Acer to Vista if you can't upgrade to Windows 7 and things went in the toilet midway through.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/55760-upgrading-acer-vista-laptop-sony-upgrade-dvd.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have an Acer Aspire laptop with Windows XP Media Center Edition This past weekend 5100 Acer after screen Aspire laptop 4GB upgrading RAM to black I tried to upgrade to GB of RAM After replacing the old RAM sticks with the new I am getting nothing but a black screen after Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM turning on my laptop The mouse and keyboard I usually keep plugged in Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM the USB ports do not work There is no sound nor does any monitor that I ve tried hooking up to my Acer display anything as well I ve tried every key combination I could Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM come in mind with but nothing works I can t access the BIOS nor anything else The HDD indicator light flashes green for only a few seconds after powering up the laptop I m not for certain if the laptop keyboard is functioning either I m unable to turn the NUM LOCK on or off The CD DVD drive runs normally I assume I m able to pop in a disc and can hear it running normally I ve also tried placing the old RAM I had previously used back in the laptop but there is still no change I ve run out of options and am curious if anyone here would be able to assist me Your help is much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM

If adding the old RAM doesn't change the way it behaves there is another issue.

When you added the RAM, did it involve stripping the laptop down? Or simply removing a cover on the underside of the laptop?

If it involved a strip down, it sounds to me like the video connector has been disturbed, or not been reconnected, hence you cannot see anything as the display is not powering up.

Obviously if you didn't strip it down there is another issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5100-laptop-black-screen-after-upgrading-to-4gb-ram.168736/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys This is a bit of an odd one I have a five year old Laptop kicking about in my house ACER Aspire and it s been very reliable over the years I have a great desktop PC so I hardly 5600 (This CPU it? Upgrading ancient!) ACER Is even is it Aspire worth thing - ever use Upgrading ACER Aspire 5600 CPU - Is it even worth it? (This thing is ancient!) the Laptop any more but I may soon be moving away for a little while I won t be able to take my desktop computer with me for the move and it s looking like it ll be up to my trustworthy to keep me going for a year or so I m thinking though before the move I d like to upgrade its CPU if possible In the past I upgraded the RAM to a pair of DDR GB sticks and it all works fine The CPU however is the basic Intel Core Duo T that came with it and despite having XP running with basic presentation enabled it can still be a little slow I m not sure if this is going to be all that worth it but should I upgrade the CPU I m trying to find a better CPU compatible with the laptop I have but aren t getting very far Does anyone here know what processors would run in this old thing Here are some current specs for my machine CPU Intel Core Duo T Cores Threads Name Intel Core Duo T Code Name Yonah Package Socket mPGA Technology nm Specification Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz Family Extended Family Model E Extended Model E Stepping Revision C Instructions MMX SSE SSE SSE Virtualization Unsupported Hyperthreading Not supported Bus Speed MHz Rated Bus Speed MHz Stock Core Speed MHz Stock Bus Speed MHz Average Temperature C Caches L Data Cache Size x KBytes L Instructions Cache Size x KBytes L Unified Cache Size KBytesClick to expand Motherboard Manufacturer Acer Inc Model Bodensee Version Not Applicable Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model i GM Chipset Revision Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model GHM ICH -M U Southbridge Revision B System Temperature C BIOS Brand Acer Version v Date PCI Data Slot PCI Slot Type PCI Slot Usage Unknown Data But Width bit Slot Designation PCI Slot J Slot Number Click to expand Any help and advice would be much appreciated Cheers nbsp

A:Upgrading ACER Aspire 5600 CPU - Is it even worth it? (This thing is ancient!)

I wouldn't do it, because even if a T2500 or T2700 would fit, the BIOS might not recognize it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-acer-aspire-5600-cpu-is-it-even-worth-it-this-thing-is-ancient.1018246/
Relevancy 45.58%
A:why does acer quick access not work anymore after upgrading to windows 10 anniversary update

Hi First time hearing about this problem. A quick search turned up this link. Might give it a look and report back if it works, so others will benefit from this issue!
Welcome to the forum! Quick Access in Windows 10 is not working

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442085-why-does-acer-quick-access-not-work-anymore-after-upgrading-windows-10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 45.58%

can i somehow use my vista disc at some point to allow the win7 retail install to upgrade the win7 RC AND NOT HAVE TO REINSTALL MY PROGRAMS?

i currently have vista 32 bit home premium. i have the install discs for it too.

i want to create another partition and put win7 RC 64 bit on it (dual boot).

i have win7 home premium preordered.

i want to upgrade win7 RC to the retail when it comes out, WITHOUT REINSTALLING MY PROGRAMS.

i read the win7 retail discs will allow you to upgrade the win7 RC, but you will have to reinstall programs.

i am wondering if using the vista disc will allow me to upgrade and keep my programs.

thank you!

A:vista + win7 retail discs to upgrade win7 RC to retail

Plenty of threads to choose from on that info, why don't you try this one.New Info release from MS on UPGRADE or for other info Windows 7 Upgrade Guide: All Your Questions Answered

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/16153-vista-win7-retail-discs-upgrade-win7-rc-retail.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Looking to build a new computer with the maximum price of $2,000
I need:

At LEAST 16 GB RAM
At LEAST 500 GB SSD
Run any game smoothly
Windows 8+ compatibility
Intel, NO AMD, WHATSOEVER
nvidia graphics
Thanks for any recommendations.

A:New Gaming Desktop

I made this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3P7tG

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-desktop.202647/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello!

I want to build a gaming desktop and I also would like some oppinions about what I am looking at the moment. I have an idea, because I made my search and found some cool stuff here, but I want to discuss it with you guys to have some oppinions about what it would be my gaming rid.
I mainly use the computer for gaming: Battlefield 3, League of Legends, Diablo 3, FIFA 13. I also like to watch movies in Full HD (1080p).
I hope you guys can help me, cuz I want to build a PC in 2 weeks.

CPU ______ Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard ______ ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155
Memory ______ C48 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x)
Storage ______ SanDisk 2,5'' 128GB SATA3 SSD - Hitachi Deskstar 500GB SATA 3,5'' 7200RPM
Video Card ______ Asus GTX660-DC2-2GD5 VGA
Case ______ Antec VSK-3000 EU
Power Supply ______ Antec HCG 620 M-EC

Thankyou very much

A:Gaming Desktop

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-desktop.196531/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys new to Best Gaming $800 for OEM Desktop the forum I came here through a Google search for the above title and found this great thread http forums techguy org games -best-gaming-desktop-i-can html Unfortunately it has since expired and I am unable to post but I d Best OEM Gaming Desktop for $800 like to continue it a bit Before I go any further please excuse my computer literacy- I am not well versed in components by any means The link to the system BG- posted looks great and am very much interested in the two upgrades that Tanis recommended however I too am looking to keep this as close to as possible and I was wondering if this includes a wireless card Also with Windows costing around I m hoping to get it at a student rate once my gf starts grad school in Sept is there any way to lower the price Before I stumbled into this forum I was am strongly considering this Dell right out of the box http www bestbuy com site Dell - ssor p id amp skuId Now I am concerned that the Best Buy system isn t great for WoW WIll the power supply be an issue If I don t have an upgraded heat sink cooling system will playing WoW for - hours at a clip cause physical or irreversible damage to the hardware or in ay way slow the system down over time Finally and I apologize for this wall of text can anyone speak to the value of the two systems It seems that I get a lot of computer through Dell cheaper than iBUY and also includes Windows wifi with x the RAM Any input on this or on things I may have overlooked would be greatly appreciated Thank you Rob nbsp

A:Best OEM Gaming Desktop for $800

If you already have a monitor, you can build one (or if you know someone to build it for you) for $600 or less.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-oem-gaming-desktop-for-800.917942/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all. I'm fed up with my old computer. I'm not what you would say technologically inclined. I love to play WoW, but it's hard for me to raid because in 25 man's I usually average around 2 and 3fps and I can barely function with that. I'm looking for the best gaming desktop I can get for under $800. Before making an investment like this I like to have all the expert advice I can get. I have been looking at this one here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229134 , but I'm keeping my options open. I don't want to make a bad decision.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello there,

I am trying to decide which tower to buy. I am mainly going to be using this for gaming and such. But also Photoshop, Dreamweaver and etc. My main game is Starcraft 2, if that helps at all.

Here are my 3 options I have narrowed it down to:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pa...rive/1253361.p?id=1218243227257&skuId=1253361

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pa...rive/1243488.p?id=1218240379197&skuId=1243488

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Compaq+...rive/1254175.p?id=1218243229976&skuId=1254175
I hope someone will be able to relate to me and be able to help me. Thank you so much, I appreciate it a lot for all responses.

~ Rewired ~

Relevancy 44.72%

currently i'm planning to get a new set if desktop for gaming. Here's the spec i came out as below:

Core i5 2500K
Asus P8p67- LE
Kingston PC1333 D3 4G (4X4G to 16G)
ASUS ENGTX450 1GB D5 Direct CU TOP
1TB W.D. GREEN 64M 7200 RPM
750W GX ( A/80+ )
Cooler Master USP100
ASUS SATA -DVD-RW

I'm very particular on graphic card, anyone please advice if i've missed out anything.

Thanks.

A:New desktop for gaming

Other than that video card it looks good. If you're really going to be gaming on this machine I'd get something a little beefier on the video card side. You'll be seriously bottlenecked there if not unless you're playing at a really tiny resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-desktop-for-gaming.163304/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone!
I really really want to buy a gaming computer to buy for my son's bithday and since they have great graphics but I need some help in finding one!
If anybody knows any great computer and what website to find it with at least 2.0 mhz , 1 or 2 GB Ram and a good graphics card that cost at least $599.00 or less.
Thank you!

A:Desktop Gaming PC HELP!!

a gaming PC at that price would be hard to find if it was by a common retailer, 2.0 Ghz is rather low, so im guessing you are looking for dual core, try Dell ive heard they have some...deals... if you can call them that, personally i would build it... cheap quality parts... go to a local computer store and see if they can make anything decent for you post, what computer they suggest here before buying (and price)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-gaming-pc-help.722629/
Relevancy 44.72%

http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page3.html Been wanting a gaming rig for years and years. Now I'm finally going to build my own. I found this link and wanted some thoughts on whether or not it's a good build for the price/performance. Any thoughts?

A:New Desktop Gaming Rig

Hey there. That looks like a nice setup. There is one small change that I would make and that it to use a higher wattage PSU. Just to be on the safe side and in case of future upgrades that require more power. I would suggest one around 550-650w to be sure and also power supply's run at their most efficient at around 50% load.

This would be a nice high quality power supply to go for - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...7139004&cm_re=550w_PSU-_-17-139-004-_-Product

Jack-O-Bytes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-desktop-gaming-rig.975147/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I hope this is the right place to post.I am looking to buy a gaming desktop. I do not know alot about computer specs so I thought I would post here to help. I have been looking at the alienware alpha R2. I have heard that it is overpriced. I have a budget of about $1000 but I would pay a few extra hundred if it really improved performance. I do not need a massive rig just a decently fast desktop to play a few of my favourite games on steam, and use league of legends and discord at the same time.Any help and advice would be appreciated. I am from Australia that seems to limit the options a bit I think.Thanks.

A:Looking to buy gaming desktop

Do you want to build a system completely, or buy a system and add a video card, or buy a gaming system from manufacturer as a gaming system?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158631.0.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everybody I am kind of new to buying a good gaming $1,000 keep it desktop, to under Gaming looking desktop and have no ideas what to look for Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I am looking to spend under if possible As of now I have in mind but as said before don t know what I am looking for The computers are CybertronPC Kombat-X Gaming PC Red Processor AMD FX GHz Six-Core Motherboard AMD Chipset Memory GB DDR Ballistix SDRAM expandable to GB Hard Drive TB RPM Genuine Windows Home Premium -bit Graphics x AMD Radeon HD GB Video Cards in CrossFireX Configuration Optical Drive X DVD RW Dual-Layer Drive with Gaming desktop, looking to keep it under $1,000 LightScribe Audio High Definition Channel Integrated Gigabit Ethernet LAN Expansions Bays Total Free - External quot External quot Internal quot quot Slots Total Free - PCI PCI Express x PCI Express x DIMM -Pin Connectivity x PS Keyboard Mouse Combo x USB x USB front rear x RJ- Network Ethernet Base-T Base-TX Base-T Audio x HDMI x DVI x D-Sub VGA Chassis In-Win BUC Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Watt Power Supply Accessories Keyboard and Optical Mouse with Scroll Service amp Support Details Year Parts amp Labor Warranty Free Lifetime Tech Support CybertronPC GM F Assassin Gaming PC Red Processor AMD FX GHz Quad Core Motherboard AMD Chipset Memory GB DDR Ballistix SDRAM expandable to GB Hard Drive TB RPM Genuine Windows Home Premium -bit Graphics x AMD Radeon HD GB Cards in CrossFireX Configuration Optical Drive X DVD RW Dual-Layer Drive with LightScribe Audio High Definition Channel Integrated Gigabit Ethernet LAN Expansions Bays Total Free - External quot Internal quot Internal quot Slots Total Free - PCI PCI Express x PCI Express x DIMM -Pin Connectivity x PS Keyboard Mouse Combo x USB x USB front rear x RJ- Network Ethernet Base-T Base-TX Base-T Audio x D-Sub VGA x HDMI x DVI Chassis In-Win MANA Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Watt Power Supply Accessories Keyboard and Optical Mouse with Scroll Service amp Support Details Year Parts amp Labor Warranty Free Lifetime Tech Support nbsp

A:Gaming desktop, looking to keep it under $1,000

Are you willing to build one yourself? I suggest that you go that route as you'll be buying better components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-desktop-looking-to-keep-it-under-1-000.184671/
Relevancy 44.72%

For Christmas I ask for money to pay for a quot super quot gaming desktop I got for christmas drum roll GAMES and not games i can play on this PIII Oh no but the newer games such as Gears of War Oblivion and F E A R And i have a list of older games that i cant play since My older brother went to college and took his desktop with him So this means now that I have around at Gaming under Desktop for $700 most but in time doing odd jobs I can get about to buy myself a desktop to play these games I Found several parts I liked on newegg com and they are as follows Processor AMD Athlon Gaming Desktop for under $700 X Windsor GHz x KB L Cache Socket AM Processor Motherboard ASUS M N Socket AM NVIDIA nForce MCP ATX AMD Motherboard Video Card I was thinking a Radeon x But there are so many choices I dont know what brand to go with RAm Ive been looking around for gig dual channel to fit in as well Give me suggestions Hard Drive Im not too picky on size The box im on has twin gb So anything gb and up id be fine with Sata of course Case Here again im not picky looks dont matter much to me Black atleast two mm fans mid or full tower PSU No idea I ve never built a computer but in my dads basement with cases that came with good power supplies So everything today about rails amps beards is all new to me I have everything else I believe Keyboard Mouse Monitor though i do plan on replacing someday soon but the one i have will work cheap speaker dads getting me a stereo system ill hook it up to for my birthday so ill worry about sound card then And I have a cd-r drive and a DVD drive in this box i can pull out and use in the box I am asking for peoples opinion on building a box for under What to go to what to stay way from and if at all someone to walk me through this ordeal Thanks Merc nbsp

A:Gaming Desktop for under $700

found this http://www.ascendtech.us/customkititems.asp?kc=DTBBA33GAM25200

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-desktop-for-under-700.531980/
Relevancy 44.72%

Link to this pc: http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Black-...-Drive-and-Window-8-Operating-System/24699992
This pc runs on a 95 watt power brick, it doesnt have a battery inside of it also that motherboard in that pc doesnt even have a pci slot on it! Or any other graphics card slot, so i was wondering what motherboards i could put in that pc that accualy have and support pci express, also would there be room to mount a 500 watt power suply?? And i noticed that on the back of the case that there were no wholes where usually the graphics card sticks out, so i was wondering if i could like change that back pannel out, and if i could where would i get the pannel??

A:Upgrading a hp 110-023 desktop pc?

If you are looking at a significant upgrade like that, then you would probably be better off getting a new case anyway, you can get reasonable ATX cases that don't cost much. I would assume that it is currently in an Mini or Micro ATX case, similar to alot of HP units at the moment. They are small and restricted on space internally which can significantly impact the which graphics card will physically fit. Ideally a Full ATX tower is better for a gaming machine as it provide more space and generally better airflow for cooling.

Are you sure its a 95w PSU? Seems a bit small to me. Regardless of that, a new PSU is highly recommended for a GPU upgrade as you appear to be planning anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-a-hp-110-023-desktop-pc.1105619/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello Just became a member here last nightm Looking to upgrade my desktop The one that I have running is an oldish one that I upgraded to windows from the existing windows It's a biostar mother board and desktop my Upgrading has only the option of GB ram So looking for something more up to date and maybe futre proof for the next years Been looking at quite a few on line but not educated enough on computers to make a final decision So maybe some member here can help me out with some knowledge on the new desktop I would like to have the O S on a ssd then all other doc's on a second internal drive Been looking at one here Any thoughts on this Please Sorry cant seem to get the link in forums Maybe copy and paste into your browser Buy Zoostorm Core i GB TB GB WiFi Desktop PC at Argos co uk - Your Online Shop for Desktop computers and all in ones

A:Upgrading my desktop

Looks good but doesn't seem to list a graphic card, onboard one is not enough for gaming.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39338-upgrading-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

So I'm using my desktop quot Rex quot right now in place of my laptop while I wait for parts to come in to fix it I'm thinking I want to also look into updating my desktop to be able to keep using it as a work station after I fix my laptop It is after all perfectly fine I want to upgrade it though because right now it's a bit of a dinosaur hence the name and runs like one even at its best Acer Aspire AST -UA B desktop AMD Athlon GHz CPU GB ram GB HDD RPM NVIDIA GeForece GT graphics card HDMI DVI VGA Coolermaster W PSU COOLING CPU fan stock MM fan side intake PSU fan rear exhaust MM fan top exhaust Right now I have my laptop's GB HDD hooked into the second SATA port on the mobo and all my libraries switched to that upgrading Desktop drive so I can keep working on school stuff Anyway I don't have a big budget so upgrades will be coming a bit at Desktop upgrading a time But here are two options I'm entertaining right now OPTION Keep the Desktop upgrading motherboard and graphics card the same upgrade to a newer dual-core AMD CPU that will fit the same slot on my mobo Upgrade the RAM to GB Upgrade the HDD to something GB RPM OPTION Get a new motherboard convert to Intel my personal preference anyway Intel i quad core CPU GB RAM or GB GB RPM HDD GB SSD Keep the graphics card the same for now Obviously option would be the more preferential option without taking budget into consideration but my budget isn't very great either That's why I'm entertaining option one and thinking about it What would y'all recommend and why If build price estimates could be included that would be great If you have a better idea than what I've listed that would be great too I can always plan for a budget adjustment if necessary Here's a picture for your entertainment PS Yes this is the same desktop I posted threads about in regarding the case modification and fan installation PPS This should probably be moved to PC builds not hardware sorry mods

A:Desktop upgrading

Throw me a budget and I'll see what builds I can find for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313914-desktop-upgrading.html