Windows Support Forum

EVGA 550Ti Superclocked won't idle down

Q: EVGA 550Ti Superclocked won't idle down

I noticed after I installed beta driver 310.70 that temps at idle were way up, about 41c, so I removed the card and cleaned the fan and heatsink with compressed air (it wasn't very dirty). Still high temps afterwards, started looking at settings, and noticed that the card was no longer idling down (staying at 981 MHz core and 2257 MHz memory all the time). That explains the high temps, but how do I fix this problem. I tried a completely clean install of the stable driver (306.97) per a guide on the proper way to update Nvidia drivers, but the problem remains. Checked all the BIOS settings, multiple monitor is disabled, etc. Checked all settings in Nvidia Control Panel. Any help will be much appreciated! BTW I am running Windows 8 Pro x64

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-550ti-superclocked-wont-idle-down.188189/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: EVGA 550Ti Superclocked won't idle down

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello.I really need help.
I own a GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti.
Its fan gone broke so I bought a new one.
When I removing the stuck screw of my GraphicCard, I accidentally hit and remove two tiny parts which I can't name.
So I ReAttach the removed component via taping it with ElectricTape.
I lost the other one so I get something like that from other broken GraphicCard and tape it with ElectricTape.
I test the GraphicCard without fan yet, the result, it turns ON, the PC reads the GraphicCard but restarts when the MOBO's name appears.
I can't attach the fan yet because it was under warranty and I wanna return it if my GraphicCard is broken due of this matter.
***Now the problem is, Do my beloved GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti will still work or it is permanently broken due of this two tiny component?***

I attach a photo regarding "that" two tiny parts.It's sad.Please Help.

A:Geforce GTX 550ti removed tiny parts

You might as well try installing the new fan because from your description of what you did you already voided the warranty. My guess is that those tiny pieces have a function otherwise they wouldn't be there in the first place. If your graphics card doesn't work anymore, you're just going to have to buy a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gtx-550ti-removed-tiny-parts.207178/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a Mi2S and I'm running the latest stock ROM 4.4.23.
Ever since the 4.4.11 update I've had poor idle battery life.

Before that when I look at my battery usage, as long as I have good signal and the screen is off, the battery level graph is flat.
Now, almost always when my phone is idle, no matter what there is some heavy drain, it was approximately 25% over 12 hours.

I've tried all the MI2S updates since then and they are all having this issue. I have not installed any new apps or changed anything on my current ones.

Attached are some wakelock detector screenshots.

Sometimes ???? has many wake alerts, but sometimes it does not. Weather app is disabled, and autosync is disabled too. Occasionally ???? does not have many wake alerts but that doesn't seem to reduce idle power draw, and I think it had this many wakes before as well.

Also the 3h wakelock app is the music player; the idle drain happened when the music player was off.

Thanks for reading.

A:Heavy idle drain on Smartphone

Word on the street is to disable

PUSH notification
and ALL location services

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/heavy-idle-drain-on-smartphone.202796/
Relevancy 81.27%

I AM UPGRADING FROM A RADEON 5700 1G TO A
EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP
is this a good enough step up to play battle field 4 at a high level?
low on cash but this card I found seems to have what I need plus maybe a few yrs in it before a upgrade is needed. any input would be appreciated.
reason I ask is I have a day to cancel and get something else but I am not real good with computers. I am running a phenom quad core with 4 gigs of ram on win 7 ultimate and a 600 watt power supply and 1t hard drive

OH AND MY MOTHERBOARD IS A GA-MA785GM-US2H

A:EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP

This should answer your question. The GTX 660 has 30FPS with ultra quality at 1680x1050. Lowering the quality settings to high, raised the frame rate to nearly 50FPS.
http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/

Final Thought:

If you can live with high settings however, you'll boost your frame rates by around 60%, sometimes as much as 80%, which is enough to make the GTX 660 and HD 7850 practical options. ...
Fortunately, there's less to consider when choosing a processor -- just make sure you have a quad-core chip. It doesn't even have to be a new one, as even the Core i7-920 and Phenom II X4 980 took care of business. ...Click to expand...

Side note:

As was the case with Battlefield 3, as long as your processor has four cores/threads, it shouldn't have a problem in EA's latest shooter. The only processors to struggle were the dual-core AMD Phenom and Athlon CPUs, while the game can utilize up to eight threads if your chip has them on tap.Click to expand...

Another improvement would be to get 8GB memory. In my opinion 4GB is boarder-line to being sufficient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-superclocked-03g-p4-2666-kr-geforce-gtx-660-3gb-192-bit-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-x16-hdcp.202193/
Relevancy 85.14%

PSU issue I think

heres what it is when I first installed this card (had a 500w antec psu) the comp was fine till I played diablo and poof shut off the comp via psu , so decide to get a thermaltake 2 600w and hook tht up now ot plays for a longer time
but does the same thing,I took the card back and got a new one of the same
same thing happens , so I decided to try a different approach and I have a psu I modded for xbox 360 tht is wired to stay on and I ran the card powered by tht and was able to play for hours and only 2 times it shut that psu off suggestions or now a psu tht doesnt get fooled so easy or what is really going on...lol thank you

A:PSU issue with evga gtx 660 superclocked

If you got a different video card and a different PSU, chances are there is something else wrong unless you got very unlucky and got another bad part from one of the two things swapped out.
My guess would be one of the following just from one you said:
The new PSU is bad as well
The CPU is overheating and shutting off
GPU could be overheating and shutting off (Though this is unlikely)
Those are just a few things to check, I would go into the bios and see what temp the CPU is running at while in there and decide if its running above what it should be. If that's not the issue I would try returning the PSU for a different one and see if that fixes the issue. Though the fact that the machine shuts off with 3 different PSU's points to a different part being an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-issue-with-evga-gtx-660-superclocked.201615/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok,I am building a PC and I would like to buy EVGA GTX 650 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5.
I got one 120 mm fan and I can afford myself one more(both 1200 rpm)
Will that cut it?

A:Will Superclocked model of a GPU need any extra fans?

You don't need to if you don't want to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-superclocked-model-of-a-gpu-need-any-extra-fans.201420/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I am planing to build a custom budget gamning PC.
Is this GPU(http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-SUPERCLOCKED-Graphics-02G-P4-2653-KR/dp/B00966IU9W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1396179748&sr=8-4&keywords=evga gtx 650 2 gb) or this (http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-3751-KR/dp/B00IDG3PRI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396179830&sr=8-2&keywords=evga gtx 650 2 gb) really worth it and does it fits to this:

AMD Athlon X4 760K-CPU
MSI FM2 A75MA E35-MOTHERBOARD
Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz 4 or 8 GB-RAM
Corsair CX430-PSU
NZXT Source 210-CASE
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB-HDD
Sorry for my english.
Thanks in advance.

A:Is EVGA GTX 650 2 GB worth it?

Do you have a budget for how much you can spend on the Video Card itself? I would suggest shopping around because Amazon doesn't always have the best deals. Depending on where you are located, you could find some really sweet deals. Spending another $10 you can get an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487024 ) or for the same price as GTX 650 you can get a PNY GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8906822&CatId=7387 ). I'm not saying you have to buy either of those cards, just showing you that you have options. You could also go with an AMD video card if you wanted to. Let us know how much you can spend (on either just the Video Card or the whole system) and we can help you out.
Also, looking at the specs you included, it looks like you have a decent plan for the build. I would suggest getting 8GB of Ram, not just 4GB. If you want to game on it, then 8GB is pretty much the "safe zone" for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-evga-gtx-650-2-gb-worth-it.201248/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey everyone I idle monitors display Dual PC after anything won't occasionally is ve been having a recent issue with my monitors and it s really been stumping me lately I recently acquired a nd Yamakasi x monitor from South Korea I love these things and while the monitors themselves are working quite well I ve been having an issue since I connected the nd one Occasionally maybe - of the time when the PC has been idle for long enough that Dual monitors occasionally won't display anything after PC is idle the monitors have turned off when I come back to the PC and move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard the monitors turn back on and I am promptly greeted with a black screen on both however it appears that there IS a signal as the monitors turn on and remain on however that signal is just a blank black screen I ve got both monitors beside each other and the one on the left side is plugged directly into the dual link DVI port on the back of my master in my crossfire configuration The right-side monitor is plugged into an active displayport to dual link DVI adapter which also requires a USB port for power When I notice this black screen effect I also notice a small thin blueish bar spanning the height of the right monitor at the far right side of the screen this bar looks about the same thickness as the side edge of an open window in Windows but I ve never been able to tell if that s what it is or not UPDATE Upon closer inspection of the quot blue bar quot I can now tell that it doesn t look quite the same as the Windows side edges of a window It does span the entire vertical length of the screen it s about - pixels wide fairly bright blue and the far left or right seems to be random as to which it is column of pixels is a brighter blue than the rest Also the line isn t QUITE at the far edge of the screen it s offset from the edge by about another - pixels When I get this black screen effect the mouse cursor will never appear and no matter what I do including pressing control-alt-delete nothing else will ever appear on the screen If I press the power button I can see and hear my PC doing the usual process that it does when Windows goes through a normal shut-down which is the current setting for the functionality of the power button and then it turns off like normal Upon restart the issue is gone of the time until the PC is left idle again except that the right-hand displayport adapter monitor is not recognized by Windows upon reboot until I unplug and replug it I m running Windows Professional and I just freshly reinstalled Windows on a blank solid state drive within the last two weeks It appears to me that Windows is still running just fine since it seems to shut down normally and it looks almost as though the black screen is a huge window that is stretched almost fully across my monitors with only the far right edge visible and without any way to interact with this window However I also wonder if it could be an issue with the dual link display port to DVI adapter because every single time upon restart of the PC after this issue occurs it only recognizes the left side monitor and won t recognize the right one until I unplug the adapter from the displayport and reinsert it Obviously I don t want to be unplugging and replugging my monitor on a daily basis so I m wondering if anyone has heard of a similar problem or what I could possibly do about this Thanks in advance everyone nbsp

A:Dual monitors occasionally won't display anything after PC is idle

Update: I've discovered that usually the problem can be solved by unplugging and replugging the displayport adapter while the PC is on, but only if the aforementioned "blue line" is present on the right-hand screen when I move the mouse. Yesterday, I had a similar issue except that instead of turning back on and detecting the PC's video signal which is just a black screen for both of them (with blue bar on the right one), the monitors (both of them) refused to even acknowledge that there was a signal coming to them at all and wouldn't even turn their backlights on or wake from sleep mode. Even when I hooked up 2 different monitors using standard DVI-D single link or dual link cables, I still could not get any video signal to output at all, to ANY monitor.

Turning my speakers on, I found that I could hear the Windows 8 "device connect" and "device disconnect" sounds when I unplugged or replugged either of my 27" monitors, but nothing at all was heard when attempting to switch to other monitors. This tells me that Windows IS detecting and seeing the monitors, but somehow the video signal is just not reinitializing properly after the computer turns the monitors off after idle time.

The only solutions I've got at the moment are to set Windows to NEVER turn my monitors off, or to shut down the PC every single time I'm done with it; neither of these solutions are particularly pleasing to me. Please let me know if anyone has any advice at all, even if it's just an idea that may or may not work out.

BTW my PC specs are:

2500K currently at stock settings
16 GB Patriot DDR3-1333
MSI Z68A-GD55 B3
2x Radeon HD 7950 also currently at stock settings
120 GB Vertex 3 (OS/main apps drive)
1TB WD Blue
1TB WD Black
1000W Cooler Master modular PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-occasionally-wont-display-anything-after-pc-is-idle.196256/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have had this card for a little over 2 years. Now I want to upgrade to something better because I not only game, but hook my computer up to my Sony HDTV for movies and such.
My system Specs:
Intel core i7 960 (3.85 GHz)
18GB RAM (corsair vengeance? forgot)
512GB SSD (OCZ vertex 4)
EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked (want to upgrade?)
650w PSU

I am looking at maybe a EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked or around that price range of $250. I do not want to SLI my 560 because I don't think my PSU can handle it and heat issues.

Any suggestions or advice? Thank you guys in advance you are the greatest!!!!!

A:Upgrading from EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked

The GTX 760 is a good choice. Other option in that price range would be a HD 7950.

Btw playing movies through a TV doesn't warrant an upgrade since it's not GPU intensive. You should see a nice performance bump when playing graphically demanding games though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-evga-gtx-560-ti-superclocked.195869/
Relevancy 29.67%

My computer s fairly old now and pretty pathetic for a modern day gaming computer I ve had many issues before but they were always able to be fixed -- or at the very least understood One thing I ve noticed recently is that my computer tends to heat up far too hot whenever I leave it running idle for about minutes -- even when watching videos http I imgur com WsqU yJ png Blue is GPU temperature Green is CPU It can and will get up to degrees and just goes back down as soon as I reactivate my computer The only thing I can think to link it to is my recently running from while up CPU Heats computer idle / away its fans CPU Heats up while idle / away from computer at maximum speed all the time so I don t forget to manually set it through speedfan and accidentally let my computer burst into flames by limiting its fan use to while I play games I ll admit I don t know much about computers in general so my question is Would having my computer run this low in temperature normally in the morning around - in evening depending on heat that day and usage mess with something Or is it just about time to reapply some thermal paste upgrade my computer or simply be more vigilant in setting my fan speeds I m currently running an old AMD Athlon ii quad core processor nbsp

A:CPU Heats up while idle / away from computer

My computer's fairly old now, and pretty pathetic for a modern day gaming computer. I've had many issues before, but they were always able to be fixed -- or at the very least understood. One thing I've noticed recently is that my computer tends to heat up far too hot whenever I leave it running idle for about 5 minutes -- even when watching videos (http://I.imgur.com/WsqU0yJ.png Blue is GPU temperature, Green is CPU. It can, and will, get up to 80 degrees) and just goes back down as soon as I reactivate my computer.

The only thing I can think to link it to is my recently running its fans at maximum speed all the time so I don't forget to manually set it through speedfan and accidentally let my computer burst into flames by limiting its fan use to 40% while I play games. I'll admit I don't know *much* about computers in general, so my question is: Would having my computer run this low in temperature (normally 28 in the morning, around 35-50 in evening depending on heat that day, and usage) mess with something? Or is it just about time to reapply some thermal paste, upgrade my computer or simply be more vigilant in setting my fan speeds?

I'm currently running an old AMD Athlon ii quad core processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-heats-up-while-idle-away-from-computer.195880/
Relevancy 37.84%

Alright so I got a new video card for an old build with a dying video card The new one is an evga GTX non ti non overclocked The problem is upon installing the drivers the PC bluescreens while at the starting windows screen The message says attempt to restart the graphics driver and recover failed or whatever it is along those lines the stop message ix x driver in question is nvlddmkm sys I have eliminated as far as I can tell the possibility of a driver problem I tried driver sweeper once tried two versions of drivers the one on the disc and the latest from online and I simply just uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times Anyway I have eliminated the possibility of drivers im fairly sure and the possibility of a bad motherboard as my GT is working perfectly as I type this on the PC in question Noteably the GT bluescreens 660 Troubleshooting an evga GTX about once a week or so with the same message of driver recovery failed I could not tell you if the stop message is the same if it happens again ill update thread This only happens after a while of gaming or sometimes tabbing in and out of games Temperatures are reasonable not a cause Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 I might also say that the card DID boot ubuntu live off a USB and display the screen in p quite well It also works fine in safe mode for windows I couldnt get any of the GPU diagnostics tools in ubuntu to work though-most seemed to be unavailable Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 to download the nvidia drivers didnt like live copy So my question is could the OS itself be the problem Should I attempt to make a small linux partition Or is Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 it more likely than not just a faulty card Im about done here I just want to know by tommorow if I can send the bloody thing back if it is indeed faulty Specs core quad Q GB ddr w PSU card appears to be working fine on it in terms of fan spinning slight heat generation Intel DG CN example link http compare ebay com like var lv amp ltyp AllFixedPriceItemTypes amp var sbar I know its not a good system to put a gtx on but the rest will be replaced eventually If its relevant my case has more than adequate cooling This is not what I wanted to do upon receiving a new card I wanted to game Please please help and thank you nbsp

A:Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660

The 660 requires a 450W PSU or greater, so you are fine. What OS do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/troubleshooting-an-evga-gtx-660.195526/
Relevancy 29.67%

New here so not sure where to ask this question and hope I'm in the right place. When my pc sits idle for a while, the fan starts to run & doesn't stop when I move the mouse to come out of sleep. The fan runs with nothing happening & the screen remains black. The only way to stop it is to power it off. I can wait a minute & power it back up. It re-boots & everything appears to be fine after that. The power button also blinks more times than not but everything seems to be running okay. When the computer sits idle again for a period of time, I go through the whole thing all over again. Can anyone offer a resolution to this or can I expect my pc to go out on me in the near future?

Thanks,
Heelsfan

A:PC fan runs when my system is idle

Try changing the power-down settings for your drives, CPU, etc. in Control Panel/Power Options/Edit Plan settings/Change Advanced Power Settings - there you can configure all power options for all hardware. Try changing just one setting at a time and waiting to see if the problem goes away. That way maybe you can figure out what is causing the problem. If nothing else works, try disabling CPU c-states in the BIOS. Certain hardware and software configurations have conflicts with Windows and can sometimes be fixed by changing settings. Also, make sure all fans and heat sinks are free of dust (by blowing out with compressed air if possible).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-fan-runs-when-my-system-is-idle.191119/
Relevancy 29.24%

After I upgraded my video card to a Geforce 660 TI I noticed that after a couple of minutes in, my CPU gets an additional 50% on it. I'm very afraid that if I dont do something about this it will greatly shorten my CPU's lifespan. I've done everything I could. Checked my PC with avast and malwarebytes, I'm clean. I've noticed that svchost has been taking a large amount of CPU, in particular 2 Services:
PlugnPlay
AudioEndPointBuilder
I know that those two processes are key Windows related ones and cancelling them will just ruin everything all together. Anyone got any ideas on how I can solve this? Pre the hardware updates my CPU was just fine, going up at 2ish% while idle, now it's 50ish.

A:50% CPU while idle, after video card and power upgrade

Did you do a clean install of the drivers for your 660Ti? It's generally a good idea to rid your machine of all trace of the drivers from your previous GPU before installing a new one. Driver conflicts can cause all manner of problems.

I'd try running sfc scannow. You may also want to check if your GPU is properly seated. Also, while I'm sure you've already done it, I'll go ahead and suggest uninstalling and and re-installing the drivers for your 660Ti -- just in case you missed that one. It'd be better if you download the drivers from the Nvidia website. Make sure you install the latest WHQL release.

Did you install the new GPU yourself? The title of your post says "...power(watt) upgrade." I'm sorry, but I have to ask, does this mean you upgraded your PSU, as well?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/50-cpu-while-idle-after-video-card-and-power-upgrade.188511/
Relevancy 29.24%

My core speed or the multiplier don't drop in idle
bios setup everything is automatic
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5272.301415.589480272&type=1&relevant_count=1
core i7 980x
x58-ud7

I also when I get into bios same thing no drop
latest bios and default setup

A:Core speed or multiplier don't drop in idle

Hmm; I'm sure these are the FIXED ratings of the chip, not the ACTIVE usage.
The Win/7 Task Manager->Performance->Resource Monitor clearly shows active usage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-speed-or-multiplier-dont-drop-in-idle.185031/
Relevancy 37.84%

Just installed a new EVGA card This is the card that has GTX Gpu s on it 460 EVGA GTX problems The problem is the PC starts up normally I get one beep and all things start loading fine and I can even hear the windows startup tune Unfortunately I EVGA GTX 460 problems get no video to the monitor I will then hold down the power button and power it down I hit the power EVGA GTX 460 problems button again get the quot Windows did not start up normally quot screen and THEN I am able to get it started and working correctly Now this morning I did all the things I previously did and got quot Startup Recovery quot This ran for a while and then windows came up normally Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated System Asus P Z deluxe mobo evga win gtx dual gpu gb vid mem OCZ Fatality series PSU w Intel Core i k cpu gb Corsair vengeance Ram tb Seagate HDD nbsp

A:EVGA GTX 460 problems

did you upgrade to the latest drivers? If all else fails try updating the BIOS.
if that fails, save yourself the hassle of troubleshooting and RMA the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-gtx-460-problems.183244/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

I recently bought a new custom pc, but kept old 560 Ti in it.
So System what I have now:
850w PSU Corsair;
16gb Kingston Ram 1600Mhz;
3770k i7 Intel Cpu @ 4.7Ghz
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H;
Gigabyte 560 Ti Video card;

There is 2.2 Cm distance between Cards. I would get a 560 Ti in no time if I wouldnt be worried about the heat.

I want to buy a new video card or add another 560 Ti. But Selling my current 560 Ti would be hard here.
I could get a new 560 Ti for 300$ (Hate prices in Latvia(East Europe))
or Gigabyte's Gtx 680 2gb For 740$(Price here)
or Gigabyte's Gtx 670 2gb for 570$(Price Here)
I have a chance getting Evga's 680 FTW 4gb from US but its gonna be only on october 630$ (Price in the US)

Question is, What would you do if you were me?

EDIT: I am using old Monitor - 1440 x 900 Resoulution, Going to buy 1920 x 1080 Soon

A:What should I get? Another 560 Ti or EVGA's 680 FTW?

My opinion based on the fact that you aren't yet capable of gaming at 1080p resolutions is stick with your 560 till October and then get a much cheaper 670 from the US (instead of the FTW). For $630 you're inching pretty close to a pair of 670s @ $800. The rest of your machine would NOT be a bottleneck to a pair of 670s but I'd be willing to bet you would be happy with just 1 of them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-should-i-get-another-560-ti-or-evgas-680-ftw.182920/
Relevancy 37.41%

I recently bought my gtx 570 and love it does everything I want (havent tested very demanding games just yet) and I was wandering is there any game out there that I would have to overclock it

A:Is it worth overclocking my EVGA GTX 570

Well what games do you play? BF3 for example would benefit from an overclock. You should be able to get 800-850Mhz without a voltage tweak.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-overclocking-my-evga-gtx-570.181356/
Relevancy 29.24%

temperature when Idle
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H61-M LX (LGA1155) 87 C

CPU temperature [Idle]
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 42 C

the thing is when i watch movies, play games or do do video converting, my temperature drops to.....43
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H61-M LX (LGA1155) 43 C

CPU temperature
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 60 C

is this normal? or there's something wrong.

A:Why is my system temperature high when idle...?

what program are you using to monitor temps? Try CPUID Hardware Monitor. If you are referring to either CPUTIN or AUXTIN and NOT Core temps than please run HW monitor and post a screenshot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-my-system-temperature-high-when-idle.178279/
Relevancy 30.1%

I recently replaced my old w PSU with a new w one On the old w the cpu ran at c Running FF and the cpu fan at rpm It would stay at this temp all the time On the new w the cpu now runs at c Running FF but the cpu fan now runs FULL SPEED rpm after minutes of computer at CPU heating up idle use Is it possible that CPU heating up at idle the w psu is putting out more current to the cpu thus making it run hotter and making the cpu fan run faster Also the old w psu has a pin power connector and my cpu temps were low all day The new w psu has a pin connector and now my cpu temps are higher than normal and my fan is running at MAX rpm to maintain c after ten minutes and never go down I heard that perhaps the extra current from the extra pins on the motherboard power connector could make the CPU run hotter I CPU heating up at idle had no problems when I was using a pin connector The temps were low and stayed low all day long Any ideas Thanks Scott P S My cpu fan as I type this is running at rpm NOISY I also plan on installing a MM case fan as a precaution Motherboard ASUS M A AMD AM Quad core CPU support CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core PSU Enermax w Memory Kingston Gb -Pin DDr SDRAM DDR x Video card ATI Radeon X Mb nbsp

A:CPU heating up at idle

Ernamax 500w? Do you mean Enermax? If not, what are the PSU's specs? Did you take anything apart besides the PSU connections? Could you have knocked the CPU heatsink loose accidentally? In any case, try removing the heatsink, clean off the old thermal compound and reapply fresh thermal compound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-heating-up-at-idle.178491/
Relevancy 37.41%

This is my first time posting on any forum so please excuse me if I miss some things out I recently got a second hand EVGA GTX gb OC from an online auction site I have a Dell XPS which 460 signal! GTX EVGA no Secondhand -- had a w psu in it I installed the card and attached both pin power cables and I got a single beep no signal and my computer wouldn t boot into the operating system I figured this might Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! be due to my power supply being under the recommended wattage so I bought a Zippy w psu and I m still having the same Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! problem My old card still works fine so no problem with the motherboard I ve tried uninstalling the old gpu drivers and still nothing The error code that my computers lights display translates to quot Other failure quot which Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! according to dell means there is most likely a hardware failure Is this a common problem and is there a solution or am I now the proud owner of a paperweight Thanks in advance Nesh nbsp

A:Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal!

Maybe Dell don't allow you to change the graphics card? Maybe you can try the card in a friend's PC.

Btw $230 is very expensive for that card, about twice the market value.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/secondhand-evga-gtx-460-no-signal.176297/
Relevancy 29.67%

So for some reason my CPU is always at around 50% idle. It says there are 54 processes running yet I can only see around 15 in the Processes tab... Anyway to fix this?

Hmm i used Temp Files cleaner, restarted, ended the process like LCORE for keyboard, razer, hamachi, poweriso and alike and it was 5% idle. Anyway, Firefox also tends to freeze up quite often too. I think my HDD could be failing but I am not sure, anyway to test HDD health?

A:Windows 7 CPU Usage @ 50% idle

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.j...toid=720bd20cacdec010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD links to SeaTools, which can deep-test several makes of HDD, not just Seagate.

Heavy CPU usage can indeed mean a HDD is dying (slowly). I expect it is something else though. Look at the the processes tab and click the 'show processes from all users' checkbox. Update your networking driver software to the latest version. Don't allow install of the singing-and-dancing bits of networking software. (The monitoring in other words - networks work or dont work in a pretty obvious way)

Also look at the services tab for most of what is going on.

This link http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic172991.html#post1103669 is for similar but not identical problems, and worth looking at for the techniques involved in sorting the problem out. Especially note Process Explorer post#4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cpu-usage-50-idle.174787/
Relevancy 36.98%

I wonder if EVGA had the official 'okey-dokey' before pushing out this little gem. It handily bests the GTX 580 while sporting 2GB 's of memory.(only 1GB per GPU however). In many situations it will give the GTX 590 a run for its money...actually for about $200.00 less. At the same price as the average GTX 580, this card would seem to be ready to cannibalize sales of both the GTX 580, and 590 if it is made widely available. It's seemingly an odd move, but a tremendous card according to the folks over at PC Perspective

From PC Perspective:

the review can be had here at PC Perspective
:http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-2Win-2GB-Dual-GPU-Graphics-Card-Review

A:EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2 Win 2GB dual-GPU graphics card

The card more than likely has Nvidia's stamp of approval since at the price point it equals enthusiast territory, and like the dual GTX 460 EVGA launched earlier, I think the card is neutered on being SLI'ed with another of it's kind ( strike one). Nice niche card but...
At $500+ it's also going up against EVGA's own GTX 560Ti DS (with similar cooling) that's clocked faster and would certainly have more OC headroom at the same price point (SLI) (strike two)
Like the dual-GTX460 (and the PowerColor dual HD 6870) I wouldn't think the card would see widespread release. It checks the same boxes as the conventional two card setup ( good price/ perf. relatively cool'n'quiet ..but is still saddled with the 1GB frame buffer and 256-bit bus that makes it less than suitable for Surround/ 3D/ 3D Surround (strike three).

I'm actually surprised that EVGA haven't launched a dual version of their GTX 580 Classified 3GB (just for PR's sake at least) and Nvidia probably would frown upon a GTX 570-2Win, but I'm also guessing that the PCB, extra memory and VRM's would make it prohibitively expensive in any case...so given that those two options are off the table, then a dual GTX 560Ti becomes the de facto choice I suppose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-gtx-560-ti-2-win-2gb-dual-gpu-graphics-card.172997/
Relevancy 37.41%

Several mos ago replaced OEM GPU that ran hot w EVGA GT When hot weather got here I noticed GT seemed to run hotter than I think it should w normal browsing temp to EVGA before GT up? 240 Max fan cranking allow But also noticed fan speed really didn t increase much until temps were in high s - Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up? even then fan might run only - I can get GPU up past C just clicking back forth on some images - like Mozilla themes Yes the GPU fins fan are clean - took em outside amp blew out Can see down thru the fins w a flashlight to check Really wasn t dirty so made no diff under type of use described Installed MSI s Afterburner amp tried the quot User defined software automatic fan control quot - which controls the fan well SpeedFan didn t amp easy on resources Question - at what temp would you really crank up the fan to avoid ever getting above that temp Specs or manuals don t give this info Obviously the stock setup wasn t effective Right now have Afterburner set to at C C see graph This may not be running the fan high enough to keep it below C - still gets there opening a lot of pages Once fan kicks in temp drops fairly quickly amp running at that easily drops it below C or Should note - no other components get nearly as high so doesn t seem to be a problem w the case I know some report GPUs running F amp even higher but seems kinda high amp hard on components if happens very often Still have a lot of room to increase fan speed but don t want to be overly concerned if C isn t an issue I could raise it to or higher C if necessary This also makes me question effectiveness of the factory thermal paste as I ve read so many complain about That maybe I should think about redoing the paste Thanks nbsp

A:Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up?

Hi Debbie,
GPU' s are designed to run warmer than CPU's so while cooler is better, 50-60c is nothing to get overly concerned with. increasing the airflow through your case to lower temps would be preferable to running the cards fan at 90% constantly if you can. The upper thermal limit for GPU's (AMD & Nvidia) is 105c. while thats to warm as far as I am concerned, If you can keep idle temps below 50c and load temps to 85c or less, the card will probably outlast your use for it.
Hope that helped

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/max-temp-to-allow-evga-gt-240-before-cranking-fan-up.167388/
Relevancy 47.73%

I seem to be experiencing really high GPU temps when playing Brink. I have a GTX570 Superclocked, with 2 24" monitors. Case and card are both free of any dust build up. The card is only 3months old, it idels at around 50c and max temp ive seen even running Crysis 2 is only 65c/68c. however when playing Brink(1980*1050, everything on medium) my GPU temp went to 85c! Fan speed was set manualy to 85%(cant go any higher using EVGA Precision). Can anyone tell me if this is safe/ok? My specs E8500, Asus P5N32-E SLI, 4Gb DDR2 667Mhz, Corsair 650W PSU, Antec 900 with 4 120mm and 1 200mm

A:Safe GPU temperature for superclocked GTX 570

Seems a little warm on idle but that may be because your house is warm.

Other than that 85 sounds about right at 100% gpu load.

I would however turn your fan speed back to auto, and monitor fan speed in game to see if it rises above 85% speed itself, and also your temps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safe-gpu-temperature-for-superclocked-gtx-570.165092/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello!

I posted a thread earlier today and I asked for what the problem is, so I opened the case and I saw that the graphic cards fan is not moving. I created a new thread because I didn't write the problem in the topics name.. So I took some pictures!!

data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/Foto149.jpg
As you can see my processor fan and the chassi fan works fine

data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/Foto151.jpg
Harddrives and other components

data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/Foto153.jpg
Here!!! Do you see that it is not spinning? I dusted it off and it still is like that..

data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/Foto154.jpg
Same thing here!!!

How do I fix it? I know it is the problem..

I mean, I got at the moment over 100C in idle.

If I can't fix it, how do I remove it? Would another graphic card fit in there?

A:Graphic card not spinning (pics) 100C at idle!

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem. Judging by the pictures you should be able to replace it, but not with anything powerful. With out more information I can't help you. I need to know more about the hardware in your computers, pictures only do so much.

Download a program called CPU-z. Tell me the processor, motherboard, ram and video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-not-spinning-pics-100c-at-idle.162996/
Relevancy 36.12%

ok first off i got this board second hand from my brother he couldnt get it to work at all however he thought it was a video card compatability issue He had a ATI Radeon card and its an NVIDIA chipset on the board Now that ive giving a tiny bit of back ground ill give you the systems specs or atleast the specs itll be once its working and can see things CPU Intel core duo E RAM GB DDR x OCZ REAPER Motherboard As mentioned EVGA NVIDIA i sli GPU GEforce GS PSU Sparkle W gold class TB for storage and a GB + no =( sli output board video Evga 680i Nvidia for the OS Thats whats in my box and the box itself is a Rosewill Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =( CRUISER So far everything looks like its powers up right and and the HDD spins up it seems like its posting correctly i jus cant get anyvideo out of it Any suggestions would be helpful also keyboards will not work in any usb port and on the mointer it says entering power save mode it detects the cable being there but does not get a signal ive tried multiple keyboards and multiple video cables nbsp

A:Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =(

sounds like it's just a faulty board... it doesn't matter if you have a single ATI or NVIDIA card, it should work with either

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-sli-board-no-video-output.160688/
Relevancy 36.12%

I was just curious if the was good card for a low end system? I really only play CS 1.6 and use the net to look up football and movies!! i got 50 dollar gift certifacate to best buy so i thought i would get this video card!!!

1.9ghz athlon xp
1.5 gigs of ram
A-bit nf7 mother board
audigy soundblaster
pny Geforce 256mb video card
500 watt power supply
Windows xp sp3
160 gig WD 7200rpm
40 gig 7200 rpm

That is what im runnning!! I kidna wonder if the 2 gigs of ram im using is making the 256 meg video card lock up my computer!! Not really sure what the deal is though lol!!

A:Evga GeForce 6200 512MB video card

I personally think you'd be better off getting a Geforce 8400GS, or ATi HD4350, or Geforce 210GT for that kind of money. I've no idea which is better of the three, but they're all under 50 bucks.

I would have recommended the HD4670 if it wasn't over 100 bucks, which is shocking given the price I paid for it here in the UK a year ago!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-geforce-6200-512mb-video-card.158980/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have an old computer which I am converting into a media system. It has a EVGA NVIDIA 7800GS card (AGP) which I am connecting a DVI to HDMI cable. Will this support sound through the DVI to HDMI cable or am I stuck with computer speaker sound from the computer audio port?

A:EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

no, the sound will not be carried through the DVI connection. if you were using a direct HDMI output on the card it would work (if the sound had audio processing) but only the video will be carried (i.e. DVI does not support sound)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-7800gs-dvi-to-hdmi-sound.157563/
Relevancy 37.41%

It's a simple question i have 160? to buy graphic card, the best i can get for that kind of money is either EVGA gtx 460 786 SC or MSI gtx n460 786/5d Cyclone.

Which one is better?
Both cost same, one is 158? other 160?.

Which is quieter?
I can't find accurate info, for EVGA it says max noise 40 db, but at the same time it says it is the quieter of this class. For MSI i found review that says it only produces 31 db at full load.

How does mini-hdmi/dvi to hdmi work?
I saw lots of threads on different forums, where people are reporting problems with sound when they connect gtx 460 to TV to watch movies.

Thnx for help.

A:GF GTX 460 EVGA SuperClock / MSI cyclone

So, i found more information at goru 3d, they tested some of gtx 460 cards and now it is even tougher to decide.

MSI GTX 460 Cyclone OC - The idle noise levels coming from the card are downright silent, in idle you will barely hear the card as we measured 37~38 dBA, which is right below the threshold of noise coming from the PC itself.Click to expand...

eVGA GeForce GTX 460 768MB SuperClocked - Despite the temperatures being a little higher on this card, that does not have an effect on overall sound levels. At its hottest measured point (64 degrees C) the fan RPM had risen towards 45% RPM, and that's still very little. So even this massively overclocked SKU remains absolutely silent.Click to expand...

eVGA is a couple of fps faster than cyclone in most tests, but it doesn't have a voltage raise function if i decide to further oc. Whinch means max overclock is a bit lower compare to Cyclone.

In the end i may just buy the cheapest palin gtx 460 fot 145? and overclok it, i am sure i could oc it to 800mhz core and 4000mhz ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gf-gtx-460-evga-superclock-msi-cyclone.157435/
Relevancy 37.84%

My EVGA 8800gt is experiencing major issues, so I will be RMAing it shortly. I was wondering which card you think I will get in return? Anyone RMA one recently?

A:Evga 8800gt rma?

Probably a direct replacement.
EVGA will probably tell you what card you'll be getting once you get the RMA ticket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-8800gt-rma.154954/
Relevancy 28.38%

Am having a problem with my monitor and power saving mood

My Mobo is Gigabyte EP45-D6Q

Graphic card ATI Radeon HD 4850 With last driver 10.9

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Monitor LG flatron L 1750SQ with a vega cable

i have my monitor power saving settings to shut down monitor after 5 min, when i touch the mouse or keyboard after a short time of idle the monitor come back from savepower mood, if it goes into a long time idle once i touch the mouse the monitor power button keep flashin and i have to turn it off and on manytimes from power button till it come on, i changed the vga cable and installed graphic last drivers, i have no problem with the monitor as long its on, it only does that after LONG idle can someone help me plz?

A:My monitor stay in power save mode after long idle only

Five minutes is too short a time for monitor shut down in a desktop. Increase the monitor shut down time to 30 minutes. Also check the BIOS settings for "wake up" options. You might try setting the bios to its defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-monitor-stay-in-power-save-mode-after-long-idle-only.153778/
Relevancy 35.26%

I just installed a EVGA geforce 8400 gs onto an intel board that does have onboard video. I set the display adapter to PCI-e on the BIOS but when I use the card the screen has a light blue tint to everything and the colors just look really off. I've tried changing the setting with the nvidia control panel but I just can't get a true white at all. When I take the card out and use the onboard video it looks perfect. I've updated the BIOS on the MoBo, the driver for the evga card but nothing works. I'm using windows xp sp2. Any thoughts? Thanks.

A:EVGA GeForce 8400 GS on an Intel D101ggc has a bluish tint and dull

It appears you have answered your own question. If still under warranty, I would find a way to replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-geforce-8400-gs-on-an-intel-d101ggc-has-a-bluish-tint-and-dull.138439/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys after quite a bit of trouble with choosing comparing etc my next graphic card I decided to go with GeForce GTX mainly because it seems a bit better than radeon HD and even though it doesnt have dx as radeon has it has PhysX which is an advatage since newer games will focus on dx and not but anyway I m now stuck on choosing the quot type quot of this Zotac, gigabite type EVGA, GTX GeForce OC...) 260 (TOP, graphic I sort of eliminated the basic one because I dont really care about say - bucks for better performance and decided to go with ASUS TOP version but than I saw this Gigabite OC version and really can t tell which one is better they re almost the same price or if there is better type here are the types I came across on my GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...) shop website with prices in USD -GigaByte GTX SO GV -N SO - I MB PCI -E - -GigaByte GTX OC GV-N OC- I MB PCI-E - -Zotac GTX Synergy ZT-X E KG-FDR MB PCI-E - -Asus ENGTX Glacia tor Plus HTDI MD MB GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...) PCI -EAsus ENGTX Glacia tor Plus HTDI MD MB PCI -E - -Gainward -Bliss GTX Golden Sample MB PCI -E - - Zotac GeForce GTX GS AMP Editio n ZT -X E KG -FCP MB - - ASUS ENGTX TOP HTDI M from asus store http www asus com product aspx P ID wFbgFmfX Zo exlV amp templete - and many other types mainly Gigabite Zotac EVGA here is the link site is in my native tongue czech but you will be able to clearly understand the types and prices they have USD - czech crown http www czechcomputer cz fulltext jsp query GTX amp type stockitem what I m looking for is obviosly the best-go best performance and I would like it to eventualy be able to go crossfire when I upgrade my motherboard And I would like to ask if it would be compatible with my PC here are current specs Motherboard - ASUS M A Graphic interface - ATI Radeon HD Graphics Memory - mb dual CPU -AMD Athlon X CPU Speed - overclock from bus speed MHz Power Supply Make Model - Watt output Amperage - not important since I obviously need a new one for this graphic card OS Windows XP Prof bit thanks for any hints and help nbsp

A:GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...)

The Gigabyte GV?-N26SO?-896I? (Super overclock ) version is the best performer of the bunch. It is on par with the GTX 275 in performance and comes with the standard Gigabyte three year warranty.
Review here http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1686

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gtx-260-type-top-zotac-evga-gigabite-oc.141780/
Relevancy 28.38%

I bought this netbook on black friday and had done a ton of reviews on it and everyone gave it stars I got it at BestBuy and they had said that they opened it from the manufacturer and freezes reboot Netbook restart when can only manual Brand-new idle, with uninstalled all the trial software and installed an Anti-virus program Aside from that all I ve installed software-wise is Skype I have no issue with the computer if I am actively surfing or working on a document But if I pull up a web page that has a lot of text and I m reading it for a while or if I walk away from it and leave it it freezes after only a few minutes Also I can t close the laptop while it Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart s on otherwise Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart when I open it again it will show me the screen quot User Name application running quot but when I click it it doesn t do anything I have run all the spyware checks and anti-virus and it s clean I have also changed the power options so that it doesn t hibernate and shut of screen savers This hasn t helped It really is a great little computer otherwise and I d like to fix it rather than take it back for a refund Does anyone have any ideas I really don t think it s a heat issue since it sometimes only happens after minutes and it isn t hot at all Could it be the ram I can t reboot Windows in it since I don t have a portable USB Optical drive and the netbook itself has no CD-ROM Here are the stats OS Windows XP service pack Model Compaq Mini - DX Intel Atom N quot LED GB DDR GB HD Built-in HP webcam b g nbsp

A:Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart

Talk to the manufacturer. Get it fixed while still under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-netbook-freezes-when-idle-can-only-reboot-with-manual-restart.139457/
Relevancy 37.84%

My Gtx crapped out so I called EVGA to get eVGA over Fuming a replacement After tests a stool sample and a promise to give up my first born child they agreed to replace my card I shipped my card off to them and about days later I get an email telling me that they will not replace the card because when they looked at my card it had a tiny Fuming over eVGA i mean tiny chip at the very edge of the card They said that this damage is Fuming over eVGA a total loss to the card and they will not replace it The chip touches nothing not the circuitry at all and is so smal that you can barely see it My wife unfortunately did not ensure the shipping of my card so Im out of luck EVGA knew the card was bad IE the RMA they gave me before i shipped it off Anyone else have the crappy customer support from them or am I one of the goats running out to slaughter nbsp

A:Fuming over eVGA

When I RMA'd my video card EVGA responded very quickly. They gave me an RMA number just a few hours after I requested an RMA, and I got my new card just under two weeks after I shipped it to them. My card did not have any damage like a chip out of the edge though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fuming-over-evga.136771/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everyone thanks in advance for any help,

I'm getting a constant humming/buzzing sound that is driving me nuts. The noise only comes through when no other sounds are being played. For example, music, games, Ventrilo activity will all mask the noise. (I'm not sure if it completely cancels the noise or is just loud enough to cover it up...) But if I am browsing the web or typing a document with no background audio the buzzing is always there.

Here's my setup:

-Logitech headphones (used these for over 4 years with no issue...)
-Plugged into Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel mobo audio jack [Realtek HD Audio Manager]
-CoolerMaster Cosmos case

I don't think any other hardware would be of relevance, but tell me if otherwise.

I built my rig in July and this issue has only crept up in recent weeks - please help before this sound drives me nuts!

A:Maddening buzzing/humming when computer is idle

A fan or hard drive can broadcast and electrical hum or buzz in a computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maddening-buzzing-humming-when-computer-is-idle.134472/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys I just needed some advice as to whether this plan will come to fruition I have an ASUS EN GTS MB DDR that burnt out started seeing horizontal spots all over the screen and win -bit won t boot because of it Hence I have decided I will be getting a higher end video card to replace GTX260 core216 OC Planning GeForce buy to EVGA my year old GTS that I had paid CAD for Also I had modded the card with a Duorb VGA cooler about a month ago The new cards I have been looking at seem very power hungry and that is why the GTX core OC seems interesting I humbly require your expert opinions to help me decide if this thing will work with my rig or not And what alternatives can i go for Please note that I am not restricted to NVIDIA I am flexible for ATI Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC s as well My rig specs are as follows Motherboard with only one PCIe x slot AMD Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC Athlon x GHz AM socket modded w mm TR fan from Tt GB DDR RAM MHz W Antec PSU SLI ready NZXT Zero Case with x mm case fans LED SATA HDD one of them is a GB Hitachi rpm other is Seagate GB Windows RC -Bit Your thoughts are MOST welcome nbsp

A:Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC

That card is a good choice. I'd go for a better psu with that thing, you'd barely make it.

On the other hand look into a 4890 1gb, it does beat out the 260 in some benchmarks and is a bit cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/planning-to-buy-evga-geforce-gtx260-core216-oc.131128/
Relevancy 29.24%

This isn't my first system build, but it's my first one in 3 years.

I've got a i7 920 (D0) with stock cooling. I initially used the factory thermal paste, but was getting even higher temps. I just applied Arctic Silver 5 (using their instructions) and i'm still getting temps I consider pretty high compared to all my AMD builds in the past. I'm using a GB UD3R Mobo and my case is an Antec P180 which has pretty good airflow over the CPU.

I'm worried I've got a crap CPU? can I exchange it at Microcenter worse case scenario?

any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Bryan

p.s. I'm using Real Temp 3.00 to monitor the temp.

A:New build w/ i7 920 Running hot (55c idle and 91c load with Prime95)

Couple of questions, did you remove all of the old thermal paste before applying the new? and are you overclocking?

I haven't used Arctic Silver 5 before, but i've heard there is a cure time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-w-i7-920-running-hot-55c-idle-and-91c-load-with-prime95.130666/
Relevancy 36.98%

Like the name says i have an EVGA nVIDIA 9400 GT 1 gig video card, 2.8 dual core processor, 3 gigs of ram, runnin xp, wondering if i can tweak it to improve performance for both call of duty 4 and battlefield 2.. anything else you need to know about my computer just let me know i'll be sure to post it here .. thx in advance

A:Help with tweaking eVGA Nvidia 9400 GT

Try downloading Nvidias "NTUNE" software amd use it to increase your video performance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-tweaking-evga-nvidia-9400-gt.129251/
Relevancy 29.67%

I built a computer in February and have fixed all the little problems but one. It seems 90% of the time if I leave my computer idle for too long, it will freeze. Most of the time it happens if I boot it, walk away and when I come back everything has loaded but it is frozen. Any idea what's wrong?

CPU: Intel Q6700*
MB: Asus P5Q3 Deluxe Wifi
RAM: Corsair 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600Mhz
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Quad Silencer 750W
GPU: IceQ 4670 1GB

Off PC Probe and Asus AI Suite:
CPU Temp: 19C Idle - ~28C working +avg
System Temp: 32C Idle ~ 36C working +avg
Vcore=1.03V
+3.3=3.34V
+5=4.97V
+12=11.98V

A:Computer Freezes When Idle

Looks like you have a good rig... good temperatures, good equipment, excellent power supply... Is the Corsair memory value ram?

You didn't mention the OS, CPU fan, or hard disk drive.

Remove 2 GB or memory and see what happens. Next day change with the other 2 GB.
We find memory is the problem when you are stacked at 4GB... or cooling fans...
Consider taking a closer look at the thermal paste... if it is on too thickly, it can actually heat up and idle... as the paste acts as an insulator...
Then it is always useful to unplug and reseat all the cables

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-when-idle.128886/
Relevancy 29.24%

Whoo boy. A relative has a Win98SE machine that had been sitting unused for many years. It boots up fine, reasonable performance, etc. It is connected to a router via an Ethernet cable (brand new). He can get on the Internet and as long as he is active on it, he stays connected to that page (whether it is a game or email or whatever). However, if he walks away from the machine he loses his Internet connection and has to reboot the machine to get it back. Also, if he stays on one page for a while it will work fine (even gaming) but when he tries to navigate to another website or web page, he has lost his connection and he has to re-boot the machine. My first thoughts were his screensaver and/or his Power Saving feature, but they were turned off already. Any thoughts as to what else may be causing this problem?

A:Win98 SE loses net connection when idle

Yeah... upgrade :haha:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win98-se-loses-net-connection-when-idle.123125/
Relevancy 36.55%

Evga just released their GPU post Evga GPU results your Tuner, Voltage voltage tuner exclusively for GTX and cards and now a patch has been released allowing higher unsafe voltages and foreign cards google it So I thought there should be a thread for people to post their results with overvolting Provide essential information if you can some are not too important Your card a brand and or any factory overclocks Any prior overvolting via hardworking or BIOS Stable clock speeds prior to overvolting Stable clock speeds after overvolting Amount of overvolting ex mw - gt mw Temperatures from a reliable source I hear GPU-z is good Evga Precision seems concurrent Graphics card Evga GPU Voltage Tuner, post your results and case cooling ex Stock fan at fan speed and one mm HDD fan with cfm Method for testing stability I just run the Crysis Benchmark GPU demo for a while Driver version for simplicity and convenience you can just say latest if thats what you have Motherboard if that matters I don t really know Any other relent data If your card still works v can be fatal Stay safe don t push your voltage too far the patch removes the safety limitations Evga put on if you have any recommendations or other comments post those too nbsp

A:Evga GPU Voltage Tuner, post your results

I will post my own results as soon as i have time...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-gpu-voltage-tuner-post-your-results.121874/
Relevancy 36.12%

This is my system MB:
* MB manufacturer name: ASUS A7V8X-LA
* HP/Compaq name: Kamet2-GL6E

Compaq Presario S6500NX
Video: VIA SG3 Unichrome IGP 64MB Max
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2GHz
and 512MB Of RAM

I am buying a EVGA e-GeForce 6800XT W Fan 128MB PCI-Express 128-P2-N367-TX video card(unless someone recommends another) An want to know how to install it, and what I'll need to install it(BTW I am upgrading to 1.5GB's of RAM and a 400W PS before I buy this)

A:Help with installing EVGA GeForce 6800XT on a Compaq S6500NX

It should not be too much of a problem to install the new video card. You just open the case and install the card in the AGP slot on the motherboard. The card should be autodetected on boot up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-installing-evga-geforce-6800xt-on-a-compaq-s6500nx.98337/
Relevancy 46.87%

I ve just purchased my fiance the EVGA Geforce GT superclocked edition as an early Christmas gift We ve just finished installing it and started up some of our games The main game that we play Geforce superclocked Question 9800 edition regarding GT is World of Warcraft which with our old card Radeon x got around FPS in big cities Now that we ve installed the new card it Question regarding Geforce 9800 GT superclocked edition s only getting around FPS in the big cities Also he booted up Team Fortress and he was getting significantly less there too His system specs are as follows Motherboard - ECS Alphion Graphic interface - EVGA Geforce GT superclocked Memory - GB DDR ram CPU - Pentium CPU Speed - ghz I don t know the make of the power supply but I do know that it s W If this information is needed we can pop it open and get it From what I ve read on the card it should be a pretty good upgrade compared to what he has in there right now I would think it would at least perform at the same speed as his current card if the CPU wasn t strong enough I m not understanding why it is performing so badly Could his CPU be causing the graphics card to bottleneck If there s any further information you need please ask I d hate to have to return it to the store since it appears to be a very nice card according to reviews nbsp

A:Question regarding Geforce 9800 GT superclocked edition

Do you have the latest drivers installed? And have you confirmed if the low FPS are not due to your internet connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-regarding-geforce-9800-gt-superclocked-edition.116735/
Relevancy 36.98%

Well, i finally decided on my new gaming rigged but i need to know if anybody knows if there is a good heatsink out there that fits my motherboard link

and also the case link

i'm not sure if you need to PSU cause sometimes i read about people heatsink taking up the motherboard space. here is my PSU link

now i know how the motherboard is crap cause it's just like a 680 but since i'm getting the GTX260 216 core, the combo deal from newegg pretty much lowered the cost of a nice motherboard to an affordable price.

A:Heatsink that fits evga 780i

What did you find out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/heatsink-that-fits-evga-780i.114132/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok Problem GeForce 9600 GSO eVGA I got a new graphics card today It s a eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem EVGA GeForce GSO So eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem I grounded my self unplugged everything the usual stuff Installed my card made sure it was all the way seated but didn t plug in the power supply because I need an eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem adaptor So Question is the power just for the fan ON the card or for the fan AND the card I turned back on my computer and it put out this loud constant beeping sound and nothing showed up on the screen In the manual for the GeForce under Quick Fixes it says quot Problem At boot-up all you hear is a series of beeps from the computer but see no screen at all Cause The beep sounds are warning sound from the motherboard BIOS that says that it cannon initialize the video card This can mean on of three things The card is not seated correctly Well I made sure it was seated There is a problem with the motherboard s video card slot It s a brand new computer I don t think the motherboard is crap already There is a problem with the video card Well its a brand new card too so I don t think it s that either Solution Remove the card from the computer and reinsert it making sure that the card is seated properly in the slot Then try to boot the computer again If this does tnot work then the problem is either with the motherboard or the video card and you should contact your hardware manufacturer So Question arises What could the problem be Also Question Where can I get an adaptor to adapt my pin power on my card to my SATA power supply cables I would post a link but it says I need posts nbsp

A:eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem

It needs that power connection, usually there is a cable that comes with that card that you can attach one end (2x 4 pins) to the PSU and the other 6-pin to the graphic card.

It might just need that power.

If it still doesn't work, even if you think it is seated perfect take it out and put it back in.

You know it seems unlikely but I just bought a 9600 GT yesterday and put it in. I had the exact same problem. Power was connected, it was in just fine and yet no signal.

I took it out and made sure there was no dust and that it was in there correctly when I put it back in and It is working fine for me now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-geforce-9600-gso-problem.112916/
Relevancy 37.41%

Yes it is a budget card But for the price it is still an awesome card http www nvidia com object geforce html First the cons Setting up D settings through the Nvidia control panel while easy was a mistake I have set 8400GS EVGA eGeForce it up to run at almost the best possible settings leaving almost nothing to run as per application settings Run into issues immediately Playing BF with in-game settings at a medium the game would crash about every hour Same was for the Chronicles of Riddick game The stock cooling is useless Card very often heats up to degrees The multi-display settings in the driver a hard to figure out EVGA eGeForce 8400GS EVGA website does not even display the card anymore and it wasn t very easy to find it there The pros Very good with video processing I run Various Adobe graphics and video programs and none of them have any issues When I finally adjusted the settings in the control panel to let each program decide the quality for itself the card performed great Overall i would have to say that if You like me have a low budget but do want shader and DX compatibility this is the card for You I have yet to test it on Vista nbsp

A:EVGA eGeForce 8400GS

detoam said:

Yes it is a budget card. But for the price it is still an awesome card. http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8400.html
First the cons:
The stock cooling is useless. Card very often heats up to 58 degrees.Click to expand...

58 degrees Centigrade is not very hot for a GPU.

detoam said:

The multi-display settings in the driver a hard to figure out.Click to expand...

Yes, to a degree, but Nvidia has included every setting you might think you need but it does require a bit of digging and patience.

detoam said:

EVGA website does not even display the card anymore and it wasn't very easy to find it there.Click to expand...

Well, true enough, but this is true of most manufacturers sites now. They try lead you right to the 8800GT cards right from the jump. I suppose they figure that's what everybody's looking for at the moment.

detoam said:

Overall i would have to say that if You (like me) have a low budget, but do want shader 4 and DX10 compatibility this is the card for You.Click to expand...

I didn't take the time to check this out, but I believe the GT8400 also is HDCP compatible as well.
If you aren't trying to establish yourself as a legend in gaming circles this could be the graphics card for you, as it adds dual monitor and High def capability to the average computer with onboard graphics.

I would also suggest that people check out this GT8500 from Biostar: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814141065 this card is a steal ($35.00) after MIR. It has 512MB of GDDR2 of it's own (doesn't use any system RAM), and is 128 bit access. I believe the 8400s are 64 bit, but keep in mind I don't know if that is really a downside when you consider the likely uses of either of these cards. They both should do a bang up job of driving your flat screen TV and monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-egeforce-8400gs.111880/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok quick question, are the GeForce 8800GTS Superclocked compatible w/ a Win2k OS?

A:Evga 8800gts

I believe that if your GPU is compatible with your P.C., you should be able to run any Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-8800gts.91967/
Relevancy 36.98%

Im new at bios stuff and i want to know stepby step how to flash or update my bios. I dont have a floppy drive, and I dont wanna use a disc. can any one help me?

A:Bios update EVGA 590 SLI or the Foxconn one

Well you've obviously been to the evga site already and didn't like the options you were given, so please let me write you a nice little BIOS firmware update program. It'll take a few hundred hours of learning and continuous testing, but if you don't want to burn a disk then I feel I have no other choice. :rolleyes:

So what is the real problem? What don't you have or know what to do?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-evga-590-sli-or-the-foxconn-one.97211/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all long time no see I was at work this morning when I noticed a product sitting on the counter n ow this isn t uncommon as there is often product laying around before the store opens it s my job to put it all away Anyways this particular product was an EVGA USB-VGA Adapter I took a closer look at it question USB just VGA Adapter, a EVGA little and it appears that what it does is allow people that don t have secondary monitor outputs to use an open USB port to achieve the same effect Now I do have DVI ports on my computer and monitors but my question is not related to that it s this would I EVGA USB VGA Adapter, just a little question be able to reverse the flow meaning instead of going from the computer through USB to the monitor could I go from something outputting a VGA signal and put it into the computer Here is the product on Circuit City s where I work website http www circuitcity com ssm eVGA catOid - rpem ccd productDetail do I ve been looking for a way to record in at high def even p from my Xbox I have the VGA adapter for the Xbox and I would like to look into getting this if I could plug my s VGA output into this and record it through some app for the computer Maybe FRAPS or some screen recording software If anyone knows anything about this product or can use deductive reasoning I can t to save my life on things like this to figure out whether I could use this for this purpose I would be grateful indeed this might be just what I m looking for Thank you in advance nbsp

A:EVGA USB VGA Adapter, just a little question

This can't be THAT tricky of a question, someone has to know. Please help me out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-usb-vga-adapter-just-a-little-question.107069/
Relevancy 36.98%

i just bought a new EVGA 6800gt off of ebay and i want to know if it is possible to remove the stock heatsink and turn it 180 degrees and reattach it. if some could find a pic of the underside of the heatsink it would help me out alot. the reason i want to do this is because i have a pci slot fan and i want to use it to suck the hot air from the video card

A:Nvidia EVGA 6800gt heatsink

You might be able to get some pics off google.

However, without checking, I'd have to say no. From experience, their heatsinks were manufactured to fit the graphics card and RAM, which are of different heights. Therefore, the underside of the heatsink isn't flat... and you get the idea hopefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-evga-6800gt-heatsink.105938/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi fellas, im wanting to build a PC for gaming and im not sure which way to go. Im a bit new at choosing my components and was wondering what you guys thought. The Asus Striker 790i or the EVGA 790i? Or any other mobo ideas?

Ive currently ordered a Q9450 CPU.

Once ive chosen the motherboard another problem im going to have is the DDR3 ram. I havent got a clue which goes best with what. Any help would be appreciated!

A:EVGA or ASUS

Heard a lot more complains on the striker then on the EVGA. So...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-or-asus.103875/
Relevancy 28.38%

Just got an XFX 7900GT. Seems to be working great except for a couple things.

1. After playing CSS for a while against bots on cs_militia, I started seeing multicolored dots everywhere on all textures. Like little paint splatters or something. Many times when i play CSS i get no artifacts at all. But it was monsterous tonight. Is this a heat issue? (See bullet 3)

2. The FEAR performance test showed me getting a steady 15fps no matter what settings i used (Minimum or Maximum)

3. My card idles at about 70 degrees celsius. Seems a bit hot?

My computer specs:
P4HT 2.8ghz
3GB ram
7900GT

A:7900GT: Some artifacts/performance issues/idle temp concerns

70c at idles does seem pretty hot....

Do you have enough circulation in your case? How many fans (in and out)?

If at the start of gaming you have no artifacts, and they increase with time, that is a classic sign of an overheating issue.

Edit: another possibility is your PSU. What make is it, and how many watts is it rated at? Also open up you case and look at the sticker attached to it. How many amps is it putting out on the +12v rail?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/7900gt-some-artifacts-performance-issues-idle-temp-concerns.51837/
Relevancy 36.98%

I know that 8800GT is definitely a better one, but I'm not sure about the manufacturer, what are your experiences with Club3D, and is it better to give 30EUR more and get this card instead of 9600GT.
I don't plan to buy anotherone in 2-3 years and I have 19" LCD wide...
BTW, I will use E4600, so will it enable me to use 8800GT to its full potential?

This is the model in question
Club3D CGNX-G882DDF 8800GT 512MB GDDR3 HDTV TV+2DVI 600/1800

A:Club3D 8800GT vs EVGA 9600GT SC

Yes, the 8800GT will be used to its potential, although i would get a BFG. just personal choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/club3d-8800gt-vs-evga-9600gt-sc.101846/
Relevancy 30.1%

my cpu usage is fluctuating from up to when sitting on idle when i attempt to do anything it takes forever and a day i have only just installed an HIS Iceq turbo on a clean install of windows xp and the essential drivers the cpu usage seems to be far too high although i know the card may be a little overkill for my system i didnt think i would have this amount of problem system specs NZXT Zero case more than enough fans to keep system cool Asus A R-MVP Motherboard AMD Sandiego Edition Stock Gb Corsair XMS CPT Memory running in dual Channel mode - - - x WD Raptor Gb in running in stripe mode with Kb Stripe Size SATA x WD Tb SATA x WD Gb IDE IDE x Pioneer DVD Writer Black SATA x NEC DVD Writer IDE x Standard Floppy Drive x Creative Live With Live Drive Attatched x over usage idle 75% when Cpu Realtek Ethernet Card x Enermax Liberty W and now x HIS IceQ turbo HD anybody know why i should have so high CPU usage when the only things installed and running are the drivers for all the components cheers nbsp

Relevancy 29.24%

hello Everyone,
I'm really in need of help,
My problem are :

1. CPU USAGE 100% that makes computer slow,
2. Network Connection is also slow (ex: Connecting to the server, Copy and Moving files from one computer to the other computers)

I already SCAN our pc using antivir updated version, run spyware and pc tune-up, but still got problem or no detection of Virus, worms etc..

Tnx and Godbless

A:CPU usage, System Idle, Network Connection - Need Help

My HJlog

Before i forgot here's my HJlog please read thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-usage-system-idle-network-connection-need-help.102497/
Relevancy 37.41%

A buddy of mine ordered a 8800gs and I was wondering if a fan from an 8800gt fit on his card. The reason I ask is that I am about to install an aftermarket cooler for my 8800gt and I was thinking about giving him the fan off of mine. My guess is it will work, but I might as well ask. Thanks in advance.

A:Will a fan from a EVGA 8800gt fit on a XFX8800gs?

I suppose it will... After your friend tries to install it, tell us how it went

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-fan-from-a-evga-8800gt-fit-on-a-xfx8800gs.100924/
Relevancy 36.98%

i just got my motherboard RMA d after a power outage i plugged it and when i powered it mother RMA'd DOA? 680i Board EVGA Just on a spark flew from my video card so i knew that my video card was probbably fried so i bought a brand new GT plugged everything in again started it up and nothing there is not a video signal at all my mother board being a EVGA i A has a cool little DEBUG led and all im getting on it is - - when Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? my computer was up and running i usally got FF Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? witch i checked on the manual is Boot since Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? i get a Random - - that is not even in my mother board manual i think that it might be dead on arrival the computer powers up and my fans start running my brand new graphics card starts up and the mobo lights come on another thing about the mother board lights when i would start up my computer before i had the power outage i would only get a BLUE led which would come on when there was power to the system and a Green light that would come on when i powered on now i get those two and a orange one that i think hads a label of J if anyone can help me out with this the things that ive done I reset the bios using a jumper that my mobo manual said I took out the board and re set it in my case I made sure that all my connections were good while i wait for an reply from someone i am going to reset my CPU on the mother board nbsp

A:Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA?

Well, it is likely dead, but dead due to what happened, rather than dead upon arrival.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-rmad-evga-680i-mother-board-doa.100659/
Relevancy 46.87%

HELP!!!
I'm a computer dummy. Should I upgrade my three year old system's graphics card by installing a 7600 GT Superclocked DDR2 512MB AGP 8X?
My current card is an ATI 9800XT 256MB 8X, which was the top of the line card. My computer was custom built; card price at the time was $500.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-9800xt-256mb-vs-7600gt-superclocked-512mb.99534/
Relevancy 37.41%

I just upgraded from a fx to a gs The is a big buggy when I play games Normal 7600GS problems EVGA graphics is normal such as on desktop or media etc But whenever I play games stuff like this EVGA 7600GS problems happens like in the screen shot The card is not overclocked I uninstalled the previous drivers and downloaded and installed the new ones Reseated the card in the AGP slot and unplugged and replugged in the pin molex power on the card I ran ATI tools and I scanned for artifacts and none were found at default clock I found that really weird since the graphics on games were screwing up One thing I did notice was that on the show d view tab on atitools the sample graphic was screwed up Missing pieces and lines all over the place Another wierd thing was that Everest home edition does not give any info in the GPU and AGP PCI tabs It only gives info under the Windows Video and Computer summary tabs However GPU-Z and all other OCing programs detects the card fine Could this be a bad card Or maybe my AGP slot drivers need to be updated Any insights would be very much welcome nbsp

A:EVGA 7600GS problems

What are your system specs? What is the computer that the video card is plugged into?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-7600gs-problems.98614/
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm trying to OC my EVGA 7600GS with Ati tools. I updated my drivers and now when I open up Ati tools, the low power 3d clock is at 0 Mhz. My 2D and 3D are at default clock. I can't change the low power 3d clock speeds. Is the newest forceware drivers blocking OCing for the low 3d power clock?

A:EVGA 7600GS OCing ATItools question

try using nTune to overclock the card, i had to do this with my 8800gts.
i had the same thing happen with the ATITool, it showed 0 core mhz / 0 memory mhz

you can get nTune here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html
its strait from nvidia, so its safe to use, just dont over do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-7600gs-ocing-atitools-question.98574/
Relevancy 82.13%

Well i have just ordered a few new items for my pc, to allow me to play cod4, crysis etc
on high details. I was wandering as my motherboard has an unbuilt graphics card if i would have to disable this somehow? and if so anyone help me with that? Or wether it would just go straight in and be used instead of the inbuilt card. If anyone could please help with this matter i would much appreciate it! My cards due on Wed-Fri. Thanks MoiRa

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-new-evga-geforce-8800gt-superclocked-work-under-a-m2n-mx-motherboard.98422/
Relevancy 36.55%

Which MOBO should I get and why?

EVGA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard

Link:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2945260&Sku=E145-2012

vs

Intel 975XBX2KR Motherboard

Link:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2563503&Sku=I69-2145

The main reasons I am considering them are value (features for the price -around $200) and expandability (as many PCI express slots as I can get)....Any opinions/experiences appreciated! Thanks!

A:EVGA nForce 680i SLI vs Intel Bad Axe mobo

u say PCI express slots and as having a lot of old computers with good components I look for boards with more PCI slots to use.

Good Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nforce-680i-sli-vs-intel-bad-axe-mobo.98326/
Relevancy 36.12%

2 questions really... Is it hard to replace the fan/heatsink on the card? Is it done? If so, what kind of fan/heatsink am I looking for?
I'm planning to overclock it, not severely, just slightly if any.
Did some scouring on the forums and some searching, couldnt find an answer so anything that will lead me in the right direction would be awesome.

thanks,
C

A:Aftermarket Cooling options for EVGA GeForce8800GTS (G92) 512mb

At this point I'm going to say finding an after market cooler should be fairly easy, but I don't have an example yet.

The review.

The product. but not in stock at Newegg at the moment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aftermarket-cooling-options-for-evga-geforce8800gts-g92-512mb.98003/
Relevancy 35.69%

Just wondering before i buy. Dont wanna come home and find out its not compatible with vista.

A:Does the eVGA e-GeForce 7300 GS Graphics Card compatible with Vista?

What do you mean by compatible ? Do you simply want a card that will allow you to enable the Aero effects of Vista ? Try looking in this LIST.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-the-evga-e-geforce-7300-gs-graphics-card-compatible-with-vista.95605/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey guys and gals,

I bought this mobo back in July and have not used it yet. It's the A1 680ISLI and I am not sure if It supports the new PCI 2.0 interface. Any suggestions/Answers???

THX

A:Does the EVGA 680ISLI MOBO support the 8800GT

The 8800GT should be a PCI-e x16 interface, so as long as the mobo has that then you'll be fine.

Basically everything you can get these days has PCI-e x16 on it so it will most likely be ok

If you're not sure, google for pictures and compare what you have on the board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-the-evga-680isli-mobo-support-the-8800gt.95334/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have purchased a eVGA 7900GS PCI-E video card. I also have an eMachine T6528 which uses the MS-7207 Motherboard. It has the intergrated VGA card with Geforce 6100. I placed the eVGA 7900GS, but I got no signal from it. I still have signal from my intergrated VGA card. I set my primary video card to PCI Express on the BIOS. It still does not see the new card, any clue for me? Thanks.

A:Help With EVGA 7900GS

Hello, ken123, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, did you disable the integrated card? You said that you set the PCI-e to the primary but i don't know if this is the same thing or not.

To disable the integrated graphics in Windows: Right click on your My Computer icon, click Properties. Open the Hardware tab and press the Device Manager button. Expand the Display Adapters section and double click the built in graphics. On the drop down menu at the bottom, change it to Disable and make sure that the PCI-e graphics is set to Enable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-evga-7900gs.94356/
Relevancy 37.41%

Ok i recently brought a brand new gtx installed with EVGA new 8800GTX problems it into my pc and ran problems with new EVGA 8800GTX dmark to compare the increased performance Running my previous GS i had obtained comfortable scores of gt with a little tweaking of core and memory of the GPU With the GTX installed at stock speeds this dropped to - I originally thought this would be driver related and rather than using the drivers EVGA website suggest i dropped back to the ones the official nvidia site gives no change score were still around k ish Wondering problems with new EVGA 8800GTX if the PSU might be at fault i tried both changing the wiring and even switched in the older w PSU i had Again no change still way below expected benchmarks Incidently the fps on world of warcraft had also dropped from ish on the old gpu to - on the gtx Riva tuner shows the GPU to be running at stock speeds on core shader clock and memory clock Have tried altering settings on the GTX with riva tuner and have had some success with this although this doesnt provide any siginificant improvement and certainly doesnt bring the scores up to the k ish mark i should be expecting My system is as follows - Windows XP professional Gigabyte DS R motherboard Pentium core duo E running at Ghz o c Gb geil black dragon pc ram x gb sticks Thermaltake toughpower w PSU and ofc EVGA nvidia G GTX gpu With the GTX installed i have also had an odd period when frequencies on the gpu core and memory dropped to below half stock speeds and have experienced or random blue-screen crashes usually when running d applications My question i guess is what else could be wrong what could i do about it And i guess most importantly does anyone have suggestions for diagnostic tools or programs with which i could locate the problem EVGA have offered return or replacement under their RMA warrenty but i would like to be sure before incurring the expense of shipping the card back to them and any help would be gratefully appriciated nbsp

A:problems with new EVGA 8800GTX

8800gtx

ok my friend , look the 8800GTX is an amazing card with a high level of next genaration grafix, you should check if you PCI slot is runnig at 16x and also that you DX is up to date , the 8800GTS is only 3600 rand or less , you waited money on that card why did'nt you just buy the 8800GTS the clock core is the same and the memory is just a little bit less i mean ok half the amount , but if you have about 1.5 to 2 GB of ram it shaouldnt matter. allso make sure that they did'nt trick you when you bought the card , try computers only they have grate prices >>> , ,because my dad purchased the 8800GTS and he plays gothic3,bioshock,quake wars, eany other new game full grafix at a wounderfull 50+ frame rate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-new-evga-8800gtx.90245/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I have an Nvidia eVGA gt graphics card running the latest Forceware drivers I play an online shooter called WarRock games (eVGA) quite in often Nvidia freezing 7600gt much like CounterStrike For some Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games reason Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games when I am in game the game will Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games just suddenly freeze for a period of about seconds to minute and then go back to working just fine This will happen several times during the game When the game freezes I can still hear sound It does not freeze when in just regular Windows OS Why would it be doing this I have not had a chance to test it in other games but my friends say that they have never experienced a freeze up like that in WarRock Any solutions I have had this card for about - months and have never had it happen It has only now started happening Also one other question about the fan on a GPU Is it supposed to suck air inward toward the card or blow outward away from card Thanks nbsp

A:Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games

Firstly, what are your pc specs? To your question about fans, some are designed to blow air out the back of your case, but most fans blow air off of your card by either blowing cooler air towards your card or blowing hot air off the heatsink.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-evga-7600gt-freezing-quite-often-in-games.82621/
Relevancy 36.55%

hello i am running a e6400 (not overclocked havent got around to it yet jusst got this board on thursday.and speed fan reports my proccesor is 40c which is very hard to belive.because i have my proccesor liquid cooled also how the proccesor be 40c when the thermal sensors for the cores inside the processor are only 30c.correct me if im wrong but i think the sensors on the board are incorrect i rather trust the intel sensors inside the prccesor also on my old Gigabyte 965p-dq6 my cpu heat reading was always cooler than the cores so could it possibly be that my proccesor is colder than the cores on my proccesor?

A:EVGA Nforce 680i thermal sensors

So are there any updates to this question? What have you found out so far?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nforce-680i-thermal-sensors.87575/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am about too build this new prebuild build mobo evga any 680i suggestions please?Thanx on new pc EVGA i mobo Intel e processor Evga gtx gigs kingston hyper x ddr mhz samsung and new build on evga 680i mobo any prebuild suggestions please?Thanx western digital gig HD sata g s zero therm btf cpu cooler thermal right hr- vga cooler cooler master new build on evga 680i mobo any prebuild suggestions please?Thanx cosmos case pc power and cooling quad power asus dvd super multi w lightscribe drives I was just wondering if any other tech geeks out there might have any prebuild suggestions for me i already downloaded latest bios and latest video drivers and have both burnt on disks Oh i also have artic silver ceramiqe thermal paste for all cooler instals Yea i would just be very greatful if anyone having any thoughts that could help this build go smooth would be greatly appreciated These forums have helped me in the past and i even may have helped a few people although im not realy a pro at this stuff this pc will only be my second build and i just spent a good bit of cash so i dont want mess any thing up one again thanks for any replys too this post live healthy and game hard all nbsp

A:new build on evga 680i mobo any prebuild suggestions please?Thanx

Take it easy, one step at a time, keep kids away, watch for static, think before you act and then think again. If in doubt, build the whole thing outside the case and boot it up before fitting it for the final time.
When you have built hundreds of them you will wonder what all the fuss is about, but I remember the fear of the first build and all that cash just waiting to burn away!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-on-evga-680i-mobo-any-prebuild-suggestions-please-thanx.88271/
Relevancy 36.98%

This is my first computer i ve ever built and im having drives 680i 122-ck-nf68 cd and EVGA trouble finding a logical way to connect my CD drive to my motherboard Right now i have my hard drive IDE connector plugged in then im using one of the connectors into my hard drive and the cd drives and EVGA 122-ck-nf68 680i other into my cd drive Im pretty sure that this isn t the right cd drives and EVGA 122-ck-nf68 680i way to do it but my motherboard only has IDE connector Im using an EVGA -CK-NF -A Are there newer CD drives that dont require an IDE connection or something Also when i boot up i get past the bios then when the Windows logo comes on the screen i get a blue screen but it goes off my screen so quickly that i cant even get a glimpse of what it says Im using an old hard drive that already has windows xp installed on it but i dont have the CDs handy Do i have to get them and boot up using the cds specs EVGA -CK-NF -A ATX Intel Intel Core Quad Q GHz x MB L Cache gb OCZ Gold ddr ABS w power supply BFG gtx mb bit gb Segate Barracuda rpm nbsp

A:cd drives and EVGA 122-ck-nf68 680i

Heh, my last version of windows wasnt genuine but i guess ill go out and buy it =p. So what im thinking is i should go out buy a new hard drive, a copy of windows xp. The new hard drive shouldnt use a IDE interface right? If thats the case then i'll keep my old hard drive connected using the IDE as a slave then transfer all my stuff onto the new one then disconnect the old one.

oh and im in the US btw

thanks for the reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-drives-and-evga-122-ck-nf68-680i.86990/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi
I have a problem.My CPU is extremely high, almost 100%.By checking the task manager I find that the system idle process is 90%.The Laptop now is very slow with a consistently low loadind.I have checked for virus,spywares, malwares,adawars.Nothing was found . I also also fixed the registry errors and defraged the hard disc.There's also enough space available in the HD. I finally checked the msconfig.exe but I thinjk it is ok.I do not understand what is going wrong.Could you be help me?
thanks

My system is
WINXP MEDIA CENTRE EDITION (including all the updates)
cpu intel coreduo T2300, 1,66GHZ
1 GB/go ddr2 sdram(533)

A:cpu high,low pc and system idle proceess 90%

Tell us how many processes yoy have running in the task manager.
If more than 45/50 you should weed a few out.
Also tell us what sort of memory (PF) use you have.
This is what mine looks like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-high-low-pc-and-system-idle-proceess-90.85427/
Relevancy 36.55%

I was looking at the EVGA Nvidia 7950GT KO 512MB GDDR3 for my Dell 8400.

But it comes with a 6 pin power cord, how come?

Shouldnt I be able to slap this into the PCI-E slot and be good to go?

Thanks.

A:EVGA Nvidia 7950GT KO 512MB GDDR3

Nope, it needs extra power. PCIe can only supply 65W (I think...) the card requires more than that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-7950gt-ko-512mb-gddr3.86633/
Relevancy 36.98%

I just put my first build together about a month ago and i couldent quite figure out how to flash the bios. i downloaded the Drivers from EVGA's website but im pertty sure that it did not even touch the bios.

can anyone give me a suggestion?

A:Need Help Updating my Bios on my EVGA mobo

Most of the time when you flash the bios, you need to transfer them to a 3.5 floppy disk. Then stick the disk in the A drive, shut it down and restart. When it reboots, it will go into DOS momentarily and flash the bios. It should then reboot, at which time you need to remove the disk. It should then restart in the normal mode. Even though EVGA has a program built into the motherboard utilities to download and flash in Windows mode, sometimes the bios just won't flash correctly OR the bios just won't catch. I had an EVGA 590 SLI and had the same problem. The program just wouldn't work directly from the internet or by saving the file in Windows. I had to transfer to a disk and flash the bios as above. One of the best utilities for flashing the bios in Windows has to be ASUS. Since I upgraded my board, I've upgraded the bios 2 revisions and haven't had a problem as of yet. ASUS rocks!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-updating-my-bios-on-my-evga-mobo.86410/
Relevancy 36.98%

i been looking at both of these motherboards and i want to know which one should i get

A:EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 or ASUS P5N32-E SLI

For me the preferred choice is the ASUS every time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-122-ck-nf68-a1-or-asus-p5n32-e-sli.85369/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey everyone I decided instead of spending all the extra money on having someone build First monster My Build!~ Core/EVGA ~ Quad your computer or buying a wayyy over priced dell compaq something along those lines i would finally build my own Im years old and pretty much love computers to death haha I have a very very fair amount of computer knowledge so its not like im walking into somthing i have no idea about I just wanted to see the reaction about what im doing and about my selection of parts so here we go haha Case Raidmax Smilodon Mid-Sized Tower Processor Q Intel Quad My First Build!~ Quad Core/EVGA monster ~ Core Tech Conroe ghz CPU Cooler Tuniq Tower Motherboard EVGA nForce i SLi Ram Twin-X Corsair PC- mhz low timing ram GB Power Supply OCZ GameXstream Watt Video Card EVGA GTS MB Not SLi yet img src images icons new prekesh-wink png class mceSmilie alt title Wink DVD R W Both ASUS w Lightscribe Technology Hard-drive Seagate gb RPM Here are some pictures of the build so far This is all i have so far Mobo and PSU and Case So watch around for me to add more stuff Thanks for looking nbsp

A:My First Build!~ Quad Core/EVGA monster ~

Looks like you know your stuff, and is too late to change the OCZ, which is the only weak link I see in your system.
Let us know how it is working from time to time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-first-build-quad-core-evga-monster.83481/
Relevancy 36.12%

I just recently bought a new motherboard and processor I wanted to get an Intel e processor so I went with the EVGA nVidia i motherboard I ll post the exact model once I get home I already had an existing machine so I reinstalled Windows XP Pro bit after replacing my parts Everything seemed to run just fine but once I have Windows loaded neither of the Gigabit LAN ports are recognized I figured that they were disabled in BIOS so I made sure they were enabled That EVGA nVidia detected not 680i motherboard LAN ports didn t help so I figured that I would have to install drivers After doing that I still have no network connections Ipconfig shows nothing either I didn t have a lot of EVGA nVidia 680i motherboard LAN ports not detected time after I finished the build so I haven t yet played around any further than what I described above but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the problem is I m not currently with the machine but I ll edit my post accordingly once I get there and I ll post anything else I try as well As usual any help is appreciated P S Does anyone know what the normal or load temps that a stock e will run at No problems just curious nbsp

A:EVGA nVidia 680i motherboard LAN ports not detected

you need to install the motherboard drivers. Usually supplied with the mobo. You may need to download Win64 versions (if available)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-motherboard-lan-ports-not-detected.83286/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello. I have a evga 7900 gs ko. I need some advice on how to fully maximize my video card's performance. For some reason i can't even get a constant 100 fps on cs. I want to know if it's that is vista decreasing the performance, and how i could fix it. I also want to know the best 3D settings on the Nvidia Forceware Control Panel

Using a Gateway GT5404 =/

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

A:eVGA 7900 GS KO advice

Your performane is of course depending on your cpu, ram menory, etc. Post your particulars and perhaps someone may have some input regarding that. Your graphics fps is being brought down by whatever is your weakest link. You undenialably have a quick GPU. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-7900-gs-ko-advice.82233/
Relevancy 29.24%

I recently installed an evga nvidia 8600gt video card. Vista 32 bit starts up fine but my idle cpu usage sits at 50%, and I can't shut down or restart properly and the system will hand after 30 minutes or so. I just end up having to hold in the power button. I have the latest drivers and it's still doing the same thing. When I pull the 8600gt out and put in my old 7300gs, cpu usage at idle is at 0% and vista shuts down and restarts fine. Vista runs fine otherwise and I can play games without a problem. Any suggestions before I rma the video card?

A:8600gt causing high cpu idle usage

I "RMA'd" my 8600 gt. Not because of the idle problem, but because it dawned on me that for $100 more I could own the 8800 GTS 320mb. It not only idles well but it's about 3 times better than the 8600.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8600gt-causing-high-cpu-idle-usage.82017/
Relevancy 29.67%

since about 2 weeks ago i noticed this pc slowing down at just about everything it did and i went onto task manager and it said that the system idle process was taking up around 72% of the processor usage.

why has it suddenly shot up?

A:system idle process...

The system idle process is just the amount of "nothing" your computer is doing.
Mine is currently at 85% for instance.

That doesn`t mean to say there isn`t something slowing your PC.

Could be spyware or anti spyware or anti virus.
Get rid of Norton/Mcafee/ if you have them.
Uncheck everything in msconfig startup folder except firewall/av.

The spyware thread is here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-idle-process.80811/
Relevancy 31.39%

Well i got nvidia evga 8800 gts 320 mb i went to nvidia.com and got the newest drivers which are 7.15.11.5824 and i went to evga and seen they have 158.45 should i go there and download theres or stick with these?

A:Question about nvidia drivers and evga drivers

Why not try both... I doubt that it makes a lick of difference. The first one that dosn't give you the blue screen of death is the one to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-nvidia-drivers-and-evga-drivers.79761/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hows the overall quality and performance of this card i got the 320 mb version to this brand new sealed and want to know shall i pop this in or get a 620 mb etc Any info would be great Thanks in advanced

A:Evga nvidia 8800 gts Questions.

From what ive heard the difference between the two versions only shows above 1600x1200 resolutions, and thats just framerates. I suppose it depends on the game also but from my research thats been the only difference. Last week I just upgraded from a vanilla 6800 to a EVGA superclocked 8800gts 320MB and I haven't found anything to complain about yet. Performance in Vista isnt up to par yet but thats true for all Nvidia cards, they generally perform 10-20% worse in Vista than they do in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-8800-gts-questions.79682/
Relevancy 36.98%

I installed the drivers from the cd works etc.i go to the net download and install but when restarted pc gets a error about out of ranged change display mode to 1680x1050 @ 60 ghz so i cant see anything until i do a system restore.it seems the drivers arent being installed and removing my first set of drivers with the that resolution on it..any help please

A:Help installing evga 8800 drivers

Hey RUDEBWOY, If your willing to try my suggestion
Never install a driver from the provided cd, outdated. Go here:
Vista
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.24.html
XP
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_158.22.html

re-download new driver, save it to your desktop
un-install all video drivers (go to control panel/programs)
nvidia should be listed as nvidia drivers, ati as catilyst---something like that
re-boot your system and allow the generic windows driver to install
run install program you downloaded from your desktop
if that doesn't work you'll need a driver-cleaner program, I believe there are free versions floating around, google for it
good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-installing-evga-8800-drivers.79711/
Relevancy 37.84%

I just updated my drivers on my new evga 8800 gts 320 mb and when it restarted im getting an error about out of ranged change display mode to 1680x1050 @ 60 ghz i cant get into windows to do anything cause that error keeps coming up with a black screen nor can i change anything on my monitor settings i can get into safe mode tho please help asap!

A:Help evga error!

it seems that what i go to nvdia it uninstalls my old drivers which removes the 1080 display mode and when its restarted its gone so it cant boot from there any ideas how to work around this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-evga-error.79699/
Relevancy 37.41%

I just got my EVGA GeForce 7800 GS 256MB AGP video card a few hours ago and it didn't come with the installation CD and manual (yes, I've checked the box thoroughly). I think it's gonna take about a week for my CD to arrive, so I was wondering if I could install the video card without it and if so, how? Thanks in advance.

A:EVGA video card came with no CD

Yes, you can....all you have to do is disable the current drivers, shut down the computer, and then install the card. When you turn the computer back on, go to www.nvidia.com, and then download the latest drivers .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-video-card-came-with-no-cd.78960/
Relevancy 84.28%

I can't find any reviews comparing the g80 gtx superclocked to my current sli set, Just curious to know how it would compare. If anyone can find some good links with fps on a current game, like FEAR or something like that I'd appreciate. Or just any general 2 cents would do, thx.

/input come on people

A:BFG 7950 512 SLI vs EVGA g80 superclocked single

If SLI GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB cards can't beat a single 8800 GTX then your card (Slightly under the 7900 GTX) can't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bfg-7950-512-sli-vs-evga-g80-superclocked-single.78133/
Relevancy 37.41%

Can anyone that has used this program or system please give me a brief description on how it works.

A:evga upgrade progam

Its pretty limited/restrictive.

Basically you buy a card, and if within 90 days of purchase you want a better card you can do it, you have to send your card back in perfect condition with everything it came with (you have to have bought it from a dealer on their list) and then you pay the difference in cost between the new card and what you originally paid for the old.

ALL The details here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-upgrade-progam.78444/
Relevancy 38.27%

I noticed on newegg.com that all eVGA products were renamed to EVGA. I found this strange and I prefer the eVGA name over the EVGA name. But I was wondering if the name is eVGA or EVGA. I guess it really doesn't matter, but I kind of care.

Anyway because of neweggs change in names I thoughh the correct name is EVGA. Yet in my eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GS KO 256MB (and thats how I believe it should be named. Sorry cfitzarl) manual it is called eVGA.

Anyway, you known the question.

A:Is it eVGA or EVGA

If you head over to evga.com, then you see that it is EVGA all over the place. Maybe they decided to change the spelling at some point?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-evga-or-evga.77947/
Relevancy 36.98%

im working on a EVGA GeForce 7600 GS and the cooling fan is got a bad bearing and i have searched and searched for a replacementy for it and it seems they r not out there?!?

seems that it would be a common fix?!?

anybody have any suggestions??

A:cooling fan for a EVGA GeForce 7600 GS

Contact EVGA. If you recently purchased the card within the past 30 days, they should ship you a new fan for your card.If not, you'll have to try and match one up from an older graphics card. This may or may not work. For the time being, take off the case and place a fan as close to your case as possible to keep the temps down. This is only a temp fix, but it will buy you some time to find the correct fan.
There are also graphics card fans that plug into a pci slot specifically designed to cool the card. The run around $$20 US and some work better than the onboard fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-fan-for-a-evga-geforce-7600-gs.73286/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello I m running Windows XP and I just acquired a LinkSys wireless router WRT GS It works fine but I have a connection that I need to monitor that I don t necessarily have to send information TO Unfortunately when I don t enter in any commands for a time Right around minutes on the nose the connection drops because of idleness This doesn t affect any non-idle connections on the same server The thing is I m able to re-connect right away without re-configuring the router or the modem or unplugging anything It just doesn t seem to like me sitting idle wireless connection LinkSys idle dropping and I need to So far all my searches have turned up scenarios where the router completely drops the connection This hasn t happened to me at all Plus I have used another wireless network with the same Linksys router model Not the same physical router but the same brand same design etc which DID NOT drop idle connections Hopefully my confusion is understandable I know wireless connections are going to drop from time to time but being that this is so frequent and predictable I m hoping there s a simple solution that I m overlooking that ll help me at least stay connected with SOME regularity while I m away from the computer Any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance Edited to add I already tried updating the firmware No luck nbsp

A:LinkSys wireless dropping idle connection

Yes, idle connections get flushed periodically. You just have to send or receive some keepalive data to keep the connection alive. This is a necessary operation - otherwise the router's connection tables would fill up with dead connections sooner or later and you would get a nice router crash/reboot.

What kind of a program/protocol are we talking about here exactly? SSH servers/clients have keepalive features and some FTP clients can do "keepalive" too by periodically sending bogus commands.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-wireless-dropping-idle-connection.74748/