Windows Support Forum

Need to know more about Internet speed

Q: Need to know more about Internet speed

I am paying for internet high speed 3 MBPS
just did a speed test my internet speed is Ping 155 download 0.56 upload 0.31
This is DSL
I have just called Windstream and there looking in to it.
My Qustion is where should I be at with 3 Mbps?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need to know more about Internet speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need to know more about Internet speed

See this post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-know-more-about-internet-speed.188227/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 48.59%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 48.16%

So sometime ago around about the start of November my internet speed dropped out of nowhere and has remained at the constantly lowered speed since then Usually I would have a download speed of mbps however in recent days that s more like mbps When trying a bandwidth test that would usually have been about mbps however that is more like mbps now A way I used to scope what my bandwidth was was using the Formula com website where when you watch a video on it it will tell you your bandwidth rating before hand That as I say has dropped from the mbps to the mbps mentioned This is normally an and Speed Speed Drop Bandwidth Internet Sudden okay speed to do things however whilst my father is using Netflix the internet becomes so slow that it is basically impossible to do anything Normally on my old internet speed it would have not been a problem Now I ve done all the tests that are normally mentioned to Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop do as I have been searching for an answer since the Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop internet speed tanked It is not a computer specific problem as it is exactly the same on all devices connected to the router I have rung my ISP and they have said that my line should be receiving around mbps as we run on an ADSL connection However doing a line test through the same provider says we should be getting mbps My ISP reports no problems with the line and there has been no change at my end either When the internet suddenly dropped as I say it was a sudden speed decrease it didn t happen over a period of time it literally happened in an instant I was on a BT HomeHub This hub would continuously be disconnecting due to a fault however the internet speed was always at the mbps Bandwidth However around about the th- th of November as I say the internet just dropped but we were still having troubles with the disconnections A BT HomeHub was then upgraded to which has since stopped the disconnections but the speed has remained exactly the same Any advice would be appreciated on this and I thank you for any time that you put into this issue I just hope that it s something that can be resolved I just want to know what has caused it it s one of those things that just shouldn t happen but has and it is mighty frustrating Again thanks Phil nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello how we all doing Good I however am not so good someone told me that ones psychological well being is connected to the state of ones comp Slow computer a declines dl speed/hdwrite 100% goes internet, to speed when CPU using progressively lot of irrtation Obviously this is true But I digress Have an issue with CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines high CPU that only occurs when internet network card is involved This makes my computer laggy According to asus liveupdate application I have the latest drivers for everything I even updated my BIOS through it CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines and it installed in windows somehow I did flash it via floppy or usb I have read that this software is very unreliable and buggy If someone can give a link to where ASUS posts BIOS revision history bugfixes I would appreciate it I can't find it on this link I start OS everything CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines is fine Fire up latest version of chrome my laptop has been connected on and off today and I have google update so it should be this very latest download anything I think anything at least from FTP and CPU load increases as the download speed increases It takes about - seconds for CPU to reach then the download speed decreases I think my comp can't handle that high hd write speed while CPU is If it gets up to MB s megabyte this happens Close dl finished paused CPU goes back down to normal levels of idling which I suspect is unusually high in my case Windows is not very snappy but not all too laggy either I get maxed out to MB s with ubuntu ftp CPU rises dlspeed declines just as described If I close chrome then start again CPU spikes to for half a second Even just opening my computer causes this This made me suspicious that it's simply my laptop that is weak it can't handle high hd write without cpu going bonanas However copying to HD from USBstick gets me a stable MB s with CPU not noteworthy elevated Problem persists with all program under explorer exe in processexplorer closed At one time interrupts went to - system idle was at at one point Processxplorer exe was See attached pictures At one point prcsexplorer said system idle processes is using CPU yet the diagram and systra is on How come Tested again with all eset smart security modules disabled the ones that can be disabled from right click of systray - system idle even as much as at one point Could eset still be root problem anyway I noticed for example one module needs reboot to be disabled Just now I restarted without barely any services and applications internet was not working spike to when opening my comp Also restarted with my normal applications and services cpu spikes to from opening browser and google docs On old stationary also cpu when connect to internet might this just be a switch issue Have a cheap no-name no brand-name simple one On the other hand I tested without switch only my comp connect straight to jacket in wall - problem remained Also same problem occured when I tested my laptop on the librarie s wireless some month ago On fresh install of ubuntu bit with a handful of software installed and no other modifications I get a stable cpu load of - with mb s- mb s from ftp via browser So no decline in dl hd write speed in contrast to W No unnormal elevation of RAM it rests at GB just as before dl started Once dl finished cpu goes to - If I recall correctly issue was there from the very beginning of getting it and the problem persisted after reinstalling windows bit ultimate and only installing a small number of software Note that a couple of months ago the only way to make CPU come down from was to reboot Or manually disconnecting then reconnecting network cable Or disable then enable network card ethernet adapter in device manager Also this impacted OS much more than now windows in general was very very laggy and ope... Read more

A:CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines

Try to update driver for JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, if already updated then try to roll back the driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-goes-to-100-when-using-internet-dl-speed-hdwrite-speed-progressively-declines-628783.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

A:difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 43%

Since I got proper wired ADSL I am having several problems when connecting surfing and downloading from the internet What the causes might be I don t know but I ve listed them below When I click my Firefox icons be that on the desktop or on Rocketdock it can take up to seconds or ? internet icons, speed, connection Persistant problems dwindling internet so to physically open a page I m talking just Persistant internet problems ? internet icons, dwindling speed, connection a page itself not content If I have just turned the computer on then the page loads pretty quick that s a webpage not a physical page However the longer I m on the internet the slower the page load times seem to get This also manifests itself in downloads When the computer is first turned on downloads are working fine however as time goes on most downloads dwindle to nothing or all are not downloading When I click the Internet Explorer icon desktop or Rocketdock it opens on my homepage but if I enter an address the address opens in a new Firefox webpage while the IE page stays on my homepage Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Persistant internet problems – internet icons, dwindling speed, connection

Try doing this procedure and see what you come up with.
Also, please tell us what type of computer you have, specifications, etc.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/persistant-internet-problems-%E2%80%93-internet-icons-dwindling-speed-connection.131906/
Relevancy 42.57%

Thank you for taking the time to read my request I purchased an HP entertainment laptop windows vista os about a year ago and I started experiencing problems with my work antivirus when speed, Slow is behaviors: laptop will pausing, Internet Youtube program internet can... Adverse on, videos not speed a couple of months ago Most recently I've Adverse laptop behaviors: Slow internet speed, Youtube videos pausing, Internet will not work when antivirus program is on, can... experienced the following Slower speed surfing Adverse laptop behaviors: Slow internet speed, Youtube videos pausing, Internet will not work when antivirus program is on, can... the net Slow to open up an Internet Window about seconds Can not browse internet at the same time that an anti virus program is turned on to monitor Has occured with Norton and Trend Micro Can no longer access I-Tunes store or Rhapsody store when I open the applications You Tube videos are stop and go instead of running fluidly All of this is new behavior for my laptop Any ideas on what may be happening or what I should try to do next I downloaded hijackthis so I have that software program on my computer If anyone is willing to help I would greatly appreciate it Please let me know if you need additional information Many thanks in advance

A:Adverse laptop behaviors: Slow internet speed, Youtube videos pausing, Internet will not work when antivirus program is on, can...

Can not browse internet at the same time that an anti virus program is turned on (to monitor).It is best to do a virus scan when the computer is not in use otherwise.If you suspect that you are infected, I would recommend posting in our Am I Infected? forumhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212423/adverse-laptop-behaviors-slow-internet-speed-youtube-videos-pausing-internet-will-not-work-when-antivirus-program-is-on-cannot-access-itunes-store/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi My internet speed is consistently are Internet Fast Broswers Internet but Slow Speed is fast - mbps but Chrome and IE sometime run slow sometimes For instance I'll be browsing Yahoo fine for a couple minutes but then I'll try to open another tab to do a Google search and the browser will stall for about a Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast minute before loading that page Or I could click a link on a webpage and the browser will stall and show a blank white page for Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast a minute Loading the content on a webpage usually takes close to the normal amount of time it just stalls before hand It doesn't happen every time I click something but it happens often enough to be a nuisance Last night I went under settings and did Referesh your PC which is supposed to restore defaults and delete installed apps but the problem is still here EDIT-- Here's an example Everything usually stalls at the same time but not always Just now Gmail stalled for minutes but I was still able to open a new tab and complete a Google search However when I tried opening a new tab and going to Gmail that way that tab stalled too

A:Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast

I get that too sometimes, it is clearly caused by your computer (and in my case my computer) not your connection. I have ti with chrome but not IE, because i never open IE to check it. I have windos 8 so we have similar experiences in several respects. Mine haven't been as bad as yours lasting only 30 seconds or so at worst. I think this is due to large processes running in task manager and hogging memory/processor capacity. The only things i can advise is to: see if there are any large processes running under the details tab of task manager which should not be running, scan with your antivirus and with malwarebytes (there is a free version)to check that the cause isn't a virus of some sort, see if any startup items can be safely disabled (this can be done from a feature within the program CCleaner from piriform) and try clearing your temp files (CCleaner can also do this) and browsing history along with deleting any junk you have in the recycle bin and deleting old files you no longer need/uninstalling old programs you no longer need. When using CCleaner be VERY CAREFUL not to disable startup items without first verifying they are safe to stop (check google) and NEVER use it's registry tools (anything that attempts to "clean" the registry can damage your system). One other thing that might help you is disbaling add-ons in the browser and making plugins "clcik to play" rather than running automatically, doing this will mean there is less content to load so loading will be faster.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557088/internet-broswers-are-slow-but-internet-speed-is-fast/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am using an AT&T 2Wire 2701HG-B Router, and it sucks.
I can't get another one so that's outa the question.
What can I do to speed up my internet connection?
As of now it's:

Crappy, I know. Any help or advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

A:How do I speed up my internet speed?

I, too have AT&T as my High Speed Internet provider, but through UVerse. I do agree that the routers they've been using have been falling on the crappy side. Some may have a different opinion/experience.

Anyway, ever since I've put my main tinkering-do-it-all computer in the DMZ, I've noticed a significant speed increase.

There are gotchas, though:

1. Once the computer is in the DMZ, it won't communicate with the rest of your home computers. It is USB SneakerNet time when moving/sharing files.
2. If you have important files, can't leave your computer running all the time. If you have to, then make sure the Windows firewall is on and your computer is armed to the teeth against viruses and spyware.

I do not recommend this setting for everyone. It's just that I noticed a big difference with downloads and overall internet experience. Also noticed a big time improvement in gaming.

Your mileage may vary and you may want to find out more about DMZ before trying it out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191094-how-do-i-speed-up-my-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I have a problem with slow internet speed. If I play a video clip on youtube for example, the video will play for a few seconds, then it will freeze for a few seconds, then play again for a few seconds then freeze again for a few seconds etc etc

This happens with almost every video i try to play. It happens with whichever website i goto to play a video clip.

I'm currently using internet explorer as my browser.

I recently went to the library to play the same video clips there, and the video clips were playing continously without freezing.

I think my download speed is 8mb, which should be fine i think

A:slow internet speed with internet explorer

Have to install adobe player new version also check you JAVA update.
If you have windows 7 check your updates too.Then you can reset your internet setting upper left corner has menu
Tools\internet option\advance then click on reset and restart your browser.Also you can use google chrome browser instead.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/slow-internet-speed-with-internet-explorer-551966.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

hi guys

We are sharing internet use at home. The modem is connected through a router.
Somehow, the internet becomes very slow. If its directly connected to the computer its a lot faster.

by the way, we are using broadband
thx

A:internet speed

Wired or wireless? Cable or DSL? Have you updated the firmware in the router? What model router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed.614429/
Relevancy 39.56%

cant figure this out i have called my isp and got no where but spending more money for faster speed..
Problem: speed test

shows that i download at a rate of 25Mbps but when downloading a file of any size 25Mb-1Gig I never see my speed go above 1.71Mbps if any body has any thing that might help me figure this out or just explain why this is thanks in advanced.

... downloading a file of any size 25Mb-1Gig ...Click to expand...

Most times file sizes are quoted in Bytes (each Byte is 8 bits) instead of bits. So, my first suspicion is that you are confusing the two. If you miscalculated and you are downloading a large file at 8 * 1.71 Mbps = 13.68 Mbps then you are probably hitting a limit of how fast the server is working on your behalf.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed.836871/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi! I've been reading here for awhile and have posted a few times in other folders under a differfent name (lost the id info due to computer changes) I have a question that is more curiosity than anything else. 

A couple of friends and I have been discussing how having more than one computer on a single cable connection effects upload and download speed.  Friend A claims that having 2 or 3 computers on one connection slows down everyone while friend B claims the speed the cable company claims you should get is good for each individual computer. My stance is "I dunno but I could probably find out" so I am the researcher who is the designated tie breaker.  What say you all?

Barbara

A:Internet speed

Normally the router will treat requests on a first come first serve. So if for example user A starts running a torrent client and using the full width of your connection it will leave very little room for users B and C, even to access their emails. But if all users are just browsing the web everyone will get a slice of the pie (bandwidth), until the pie is all used up and then you go back to a first come first serve basis. There is a function on many routers called QoS (quality of service) where you can give bandwidth priority to specific applications or ports, or whatever, and also prioritize certain machines over others.

Edit: so to clarify, your cable company has no say. It is all down to your local network and your configuration.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551079/internet-speed/
Relevancy 39.56%

i probably got a reasonably old computer here in comparison to most people i would imagine,...anyway have you guys got any tips to run the internet speed any faster ???????

and whats the best way to free up memory ?......

a new computer is out of the question for the time being !

Tnx folks

Relevancy 39.56%

can someone help please my speed of internet connection has slowed right down like when i open a browser it takes about 40 sec to open and it is a broadband connetion i rang provider and they say everthing is allright on there end i must have a virus i have tryied scaning with nod32 and now trying norton but both picked up nothing tryed trojan scan and nothing can someone please please surgest something.

Hey Cossie,

The time your browser takes to load up (open up for the first time) isn't directly related to the speed of your internet (at least as far as I know). Have a look at your processor usage to determine if something if consuming all the CPU and if that is the case, post back with the name of the process.

If that is not the case, try a different browser to see if the problem persists. If it does that more then likely the cause it a virus. We'll get to that later.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-speed-201575.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi again all :haha:
Can someone tell me if there is a adsl speeder on the internet that really works cause i really need one. My internet connection is 128kb/s and that is divided over 3 pc in my house thru a 8-poort switch that is connected on the router of the adsl and my speed sucks really realy sucks.
So can someone help please. I have already tried over 3 software to boost up my connection but it's just the same, i would be glad if it boost up with only 3kb/s. THANKS

A:internet speed up

You`d be better off spending the money upgrading your bandwidth,than fiddling with software solutions,in my opinion.However,if that`s not possible,this http://www.onspeed.com/en/index.php claims to speed up dsl times 5.Ho hum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed-up.42037/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello.
Late last year I upgraded my internet to fibre optic with speed up to 38mbps.
The provider is EE which I have been with them for a long time and before EE it was orange.
My question is since the new fibre was connected last November the speed was 37/36mbps,But since the beginning of this month have noticed that the speed is now 34/32mbps.
Okay it does say in the contract UP TO 38,But would there be any other reason for this change in the speed figures,I only live about half a mile from the BT exchange.
Would any one have any thoughts on this Please.
Many Thanks.

A:changes in internet speed.

It can vary over time,try do several speed tests over the course of a day with speedtest.net. It can also be affected by the number of people in your neighbourhood. So if theres been new housing, that will affect performance.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39094-changes-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Ten Speed Internet From days ago my computer was fine No problems Then I started to get windows opened with ads in them I've run Norton AVG and several other programs trying to get rid of them Nothing Norton has been removed and the five steps have been followed My chief From Internet Speed complaints are I am getting an From Internet Speed aweful lot of popups titled quot from internet speed quot I am being redirected about every other time I do a search on google I haven't tried any other search engine Thank you for your help Decker Main txt netDeckard's System Scanner v Run by Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Removed Ad-Aware -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Owner exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAEA EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files HP HP Photosmart Pro B series Toolbox HPWVTBX exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Acer WLAN g USB Dongle ZDWlan exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Owner exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system iftuyszv exe O - BHO no name - - b b- d - - c b - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Helper Class - A - C - E - C B- AE - C Program Files BChanger bchanger dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - b d- ac- -bfff- a eb - no file O - BHO no name - cf f - e - a -cba - - no file O - BHO no name - D ED - - -AB - FA EDE E - no file O - BHO no name - e eebbe - cab- c -b a- e ebb c - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAEA EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX Series quot O quot USB quo... Read more

A:From Internet Speed

Hello and Welcome.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

I see some remnants of Norton still.

Please use the instructions on this page to completely uninstall your Norton Products.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and use ComboFix to install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode if needed. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

For Windows XP Service Pack 3, you may use the Recovery Console package for Windows XP Service Pack 2 appropriate for your Operating System, XP Home or XP Professional.

As part of installing the Recovery Console, ComboFix will begin to run. Follow the prompts to install the Recovery Console. Your desktop may disappear. This is normal. It will return.

Once the Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see a message that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows:

Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

If you have any questions along the way, STOP and ask them before proceeding.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/from-internet-speed-262550.html
Relevancy 39.56%

So.
i have elisa 24/10 but lately it can only download 100kb-400kb

and if i try watch in youtube video it cant play it even in 240p im clueless, it started about 2-9days ago i cant recall exactly time.

And im pretty sure its now virus because i have formated 2-9 day ago my computer and i runed virus scan 1day ago (norton full system) so i dont know what to do

A:my internet speed changes

Unless you did something to your computer that changed your internet connection settings, this problem might be with your service provider. You could try using a system restore point that goes back to a date/time prior to when this problem first started.

System Restore

If a system restore doesn't help you can undo it if you want to.

System Restore - Undo - Vista Forums (same tutorial works with Windows 7)

Personally, I would contact customer support for your internet service provider. They should have the tools to run diagnostic checks on your computer and their own service.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/266373-my-internet-speed-changes.html
Relevancy 39.56%

When I installed MSE on my tower I was able to use my AOL dial-up and the integral AIM Then put MSE on laptop which only uses wireless and could not use AIM now can t even access the internet while person sitting next to me is able to do so on their laptop the ONLY variable was the installation of MSE is UNINSTALLING MSE easy and complete and would AVAST or the new AVG be a good replacement for it I cannot think of any other reason for the problem And how DO you uninstall MSE now MSE: internet no no HI-SPEED AIM, Laptop using the hybrid Vista not quite not like the MSE: no AIM, now no internet HI-SPEED original Vista I was able to use AOL dial-up on this laptop until after having too many blue screens decided to uninstall and then reinstall AOL Well when AOL would attempt to dial-out to find the phone s to use IMMEDIATELY at that point of the reinstallation the BLUE SCREEN came up no matter how often I tried uninstall reinstall it kept happening I assume it had something to do with Windows thinking it was an attack or something So was using the laptop solely with Hi-Speed Wireless at school now after this MSE installation not even that works Well made it on for a second just now then booted nbsp

A:MSE: no AIM, now no internet HI-SPEED

Nobody here has complained about uninstallation of MSE so far. Use Control Panel/Programs and Features.

What do you mean by "hybrid Vista/7" ? Never heard of such a thing. Please explain.

I

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mse-no-aim-now-no-internet-hi-speed.972867/
Relevancy 39.56%

Buy a better internet package from your ISP (internet service provider).

A:speed up internet

Dont you just love the highly detailed questions you get sometimes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/speed-up-internet-393880.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I had already posted somthing kinda like this, well the problem is that i get about a 1/10 of my normal internet speed(50kbs). There are 4 comps on this internet connection but it doesnt realy make a diffrence if every one is downloading or only one (NORMALY), but right now they all have this problem. There is no diffrence in download speed between FireFox and InternetExplorer, but othere programms like b***share work fine with about 500kbs. HMM well the worst thing is that if one of those LONG *** downloads finlay finishes the download file mostly doesnt work. Well any one have a clue what it could be ??
O almost forgot
Comp is running
Win XP pro , AMD 64 , Nevidia 4 sli chipset, dual lan, 1gb ram ...

A:Internet speed (again)

I'm using a wireless card now and it didn't change anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-again.404621/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello All,
My question is : How is it the my cable broad band speed is 7Mbps
and my local telephone company is offering me up to 16Mbps.
I always thought the cable broadband was faster.
Could someone explain this to me.

Thanks.

A:Internet Speed

Tiered service levels. There are 4 levels of service available for me in my area. The greater the bandwidth the higher the cost of course. Unless you get one of those 'introductory' or 'bundled' packages.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406996/internet-speed/
Relevancy 39.56%

i am running a pc on xp i am paying for 20meg speed from virgin media uk. my pc wired by ethernet si running at about 3meg but my pc in the other room running wirelessly from thr router is running at 15meg. any ideas

What happens if you hook the one up in the other room direct?

How many PCs are on that connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed.924976/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello.
Late last year I upgraded my internet to fibre optic with speed up to 38mbps.
The provider is EE which I have been with them for a long time and before EE it was orange.
My question is since the new fibre was connected last November the speed was 37/36mbps,But since the beginning of this month have noticed that the speed is now 34/32mbps.
Okay it does say in the contract UP TO 38,But would there be any other reason for this change in the speed figures,I only live about half a mile from the BT exchange.
Would any one have any thoughts on this Please.
Many Thanks.

A:changes in internet speed.

It can vary over time,try do several speed tests over the course of a day with speedtest.net. It can also be affected by the number of people in your neighbourhood. So if theres been new housing, that will affect performance.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39094-changes-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

How can i check my internet speed , and how can i check my internet is running or not.

loraandbush,

If your internet connection is not working, you won't be able to connect to sites like www.google.com or www.yahoo.com, etc.

To test your speed, go to:

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

Follow the speed test links on this site.

- John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-speed-249659.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,

Will anybody help how to increase the internet speed and Download Speed (BSNL INDIA).
Please fell free to help me out.

Regards
Trojan

Internet Speed is dependent on many factors. They are as follows.

01. What is the band-width that you are paying for and getting from your ISP (BSNL). This is the most important parameter. The band-width is normally stated in kilobits or megabits per second. Your maximum download speed would be one eighth of your band-width in kilobytes per second. Thus if your band-width is 2 mbps you would get a maximum download speed of 256 kilobytes per second.

02. The above is the ideal speed that you would attain. However there are transmission and hysteresis losses on the way, and you should feel satisfied if you get 80% to 90% of the ideal speed. If you get less than 80% then you should complain to your ISP telephonically and they would reset your profile in their records which shall improve the speed.

03. There is an excellent free software (donationware) named NetSpeed Monitor (http://www.floriangilles.com/software/netspeedmonitor) that you might like to download and install. It keeps track of your Internet transaction and speed. This gives you an idea about how your band-width is being utilized.

04. Finally there are download managers that automatically catch anything that you want to download and download for you. Most of them use multiple strands to download files which they claim speeds up the download process if it is not already running near the ideal speed. I don't recommend there use with a broadband connection. But if you are very keen then you may try Free Download Manager (http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/). One of the best download managers is Download Accelerator Plus Premium (current version 10.0.3.3) but it is not free.

Trust all this is of help to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/237299-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

im a console gamer and recently got broadband. The speed is 1500kbps, although it doesnt appear to be running even close to this. The pc says its running at 100 mbps. That doesnt appear to be correct. the Xbox 360 is pretty laggy, I havent tried the wii or ps3 yet. is it possible that the sprred is capped and i can make it faster?. And why is it saying 10mbps. If you have any sugestions It would really help me out. I cant be bothered fiddling with it anymore if it cannot even handle console gaming, although adam internet (isp) said that the speed we have would be ideal, but Im at a loss really because it is pretty average.

Welcome to TSG:
Do a speedtest:

www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

Let's see what is really being received.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed.830946/
Relevancy 39.56%

hello my internet speed seems to low according to speedtest.net i tried everything disk defrag,registry defrag,cleaned registry using cleanmypc registry cleaner i have my pc with avg internet security 2011 premium what to do now plz help!

Speedtest

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5439/speedtestr.png

Pingtest

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7467/pingtestu.png

Hijackthis LOG

http://www.mediafire.com/?5thqe92e1vi7g87

A:Internet speed to low

Can you tell me the download and upload speeds? I am at school and the sites you have the images on are blocked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed-to-low.160850/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello All,
Can you let me know how to know our Internet speed?
Thanks

Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332236-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

i have 60mbps internet speed but when im connecting through wifi my laptop only picks up 15 20mbps

Relevancy 39.56%

What's your Internet Speed?

mine.

Attachment 29633

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi. I have 4MB/s of internet speed. I wanna share with 8 users and I wanna know whether these users will be using the same internet speed i.e: 4MB/s for each user at the same time. Is it possible to make such connection like this? Is there anyway to distribute the same internet speed at the same time? Thanks!

A:[WTA] Can I have the same internet speed?

All users will be sharing the 4 MB/s bandwidth. If 2 users are downloading at the same time your effective bandwidth will be 2 MB/s, less if more users are downloading. It is impossible for multiple users to share a 4 MB/s connection with each user getting 4 MB/s. But with typical usage multiple users will not actually be active at any given moment. If there is only one active user he will get the full bandwidth.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382107-wta-can-i-have-same-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I am currently have Mid-continent Communications Internet service as it is the best Internet available in my service area and here is their list of compatible routers: https://www.midcocomm.com/Services/Internet/Equipment/

Onto my question. We are looking for the best router that we could get for the best bandwidth (we have 5-7 users) for many people on netflix, you-tube, steam, etc. that will deliver the best performance whether or not there are users using Ethernet (as it seems to dedicate most bandwidth to those on Ethernet over wifi) or not.

We have the 60Mbps plan and unlimited bandwidth and according to this one guys guide to figure your lowest theoretical latency, we average 5-10ms above that

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/123920-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

internet speed: i'm looking for faster speed; dell 2005 optiplex desktop (horizontal box, flat, ie, not tower) is what i have now; i'm going to buy a desktop that's a couple yrs. old, probably w/ windows 7: will this speed up my internet much ? i'm going back to broadband connection, i'm currently using dsl; the dsl seem a bit faster when i switched to it 1 yr. ago; thanks

The speed of your connection is determined but the speed that you're paying for from your ISP and the speed of the connection from a server/site to your system. Changing PC's won't change the speed you get but if the slowness is caused by a faulty network adapter you may see an improvement.

Try a speed test and see what results you get:
Speakeasy Speed Test

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-speed-644713.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hello is this an ok internet speed?

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/256043212.png

OK is 5MB down. That is more than enough.

What is the ISP tell you what speeds are you meant to be getting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed.1098928/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Linksys WRT60N V.3 router. I find that I frequently have to unplug/plug the router in order to maximize the speed of my system. My ISP is Comcast. This morning again I found my DL/UL speeds were way off. I unplugged the router for a few seconds, plugged it back in and let it resume. My speeds went back to 25.6mbps(DL) and 3.3mbps(UL).
Is there a setting or something that I need to change to keep it from going down like that?

Relevancy 39.56%

Hey guys

I've noticed this in the past, but I have never asked anyone about it before. I have Bell Sympatico DSL Highspeed. When I am downloading something, the speed starts off very high and then begins to decrease. For example, I just downloaded Open Office, and I noticed the download speed at a crazy-high 1000+kbps. As usual, it started to go down rapidly, dropping over 50kbps every second. Eventually, it settles around 170kbps. So, why can't stay at the high speeds it stars off at?
And what is the average speed that you guy get from your internet?

Hi StEvE21

I don't know the answer, but my theory is that as soon as you click on download it starts loading into a buffer. When you've spent time deciding where to download to, then the buffer empties quickly then you're back to a normal speed.

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48572/internet-speed/
Relevancy 39.56%

My question might/might not be related to win 10.

I have this win 7 pc and a 50meg internet connection speed and this pc will reach that speed either connected wired or wireless.

I have an Acer Aspire E11 notebook with win 10 that will only check from 28 to 30meg wireless on the same speed check website, have not checked it wired. It was upgraded from win 8.1 but I never checked it while on win 8.1.

Does anyone know of something in the network adapters that might speed up the notebook?

A:Win 10 internet speed

I have now checked the internet speed with it wired and it goes to the full 50mb but only about half that speed wireless.
Any ideas?

Edit:
Can this be moved to the networking forum?

Edit again:
I have just checked the internet speed on my win 7 desktop with the wire disconnected and only get about half the internet speed that I get wired. In the first post I did not know that the wireless connection still used the wire when it was connected.
Can the router be the problem or limits of the pc's wireless networks?
The router is a D-Link Mod.DIR-615.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-10-internet-speed.1153374/
Relevancy 39.56%

What's your Internet Speed?

mine.

A:What's your Internet Speed?

Here's mine:

New speed here instead: What's your Internet Speed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/1200-whats-your-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Which is the best smart phone to access internet faster to maximum extent through usb dialup connection through PC suite? Samsung's android or nokia with windows os??
If others,please explain in detail...

A:Internet speed(2g,3g)

Maybe I do not understand your question. Smartphones access the internet usually thru 3G or 4G. Verizon seems to have the best 4G coverage which is pretty fast.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323113-internet-speed-2g-3g.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,
how can I find out what my internet speed is?

I want to add to my "system specs" , on my profile.
I would also like to know details of my "Motherboard" (same reason)

I have learnt a lot through this Forum. It works for me.

Thank you.

A:What is my Internet speed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/222693-what-my-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi
My internet is really slow so I ran a speed test.
It said that my line speed is 478kb and my download speed is 10kb
Is there any way I can speed up my download speed?

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello everybody I have a question that gave me headache for quite some time now It s about my internet connection speed First of all I m a mediocre computer user so please treat me as a novice So it s like this Internet need - Speed help I connect to the internet through a USB G modem or data stick I tested my speed on various speedtest sites Just now I tested on speakeasy net and it s averaging between - Mbps I m from a developing country so that speed is considered average When I download something from the net using IDM Internet Speed - need help or torrent programs the speeds are quite satisfying for me averaging between - Kbps The problem is when I watch videos from youtube for example it s very jittery and laggy Same thing when I do a video chat conference chat The video chats looks like a slow motion of videos with a lot of buffering stops When I click on my connection s status and looking at the data transfer s numbers I m guessing it s around - Kbps If at that moment I do a speedtest check I still get quite satisfying results so I m guessing it s not my ISP s speed problem My question is why can t I get full speed when watching videos online or doing video chats Are there anything I could do maybe some tweaking in Windows to fully utilize my internet speed to watch videos online or do video chats Any helps Internet Speed - need help are very appreciated Sorry for my bad English Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Mine from inside Windows 8 dev Preview 8102.

A:What's your Internet Speed?

with clear wireless 8 to 10mb. but with windows 7 still can't get windows 8 to work.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/2326-whats-your-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a wireless connection on my HP Pavillion laptop computer. My internet speed on my laptop is 1.5 mbsp. I have a dell desktop computer and it's internet speed is 8 mbsp. I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. What do I need to do to get my internet speed on my laptop closer to my desktop?

Relevancy 39.56%

is there a way to increase internet speed. mine is 480000bps. i thought it was suppose to be 56k but it has never been over 50k.

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys,

I've been having trouble with my internet service. For some reason my internet speed goes from 28mb to very slow speeds 1.5 or less for hours then goes back to normal.

What could the possible reason be for this? this issue has been plaguing me so much that i switched from att u-verse to comcast. I had comcast for 2 days now and the issue is still the same.

I have also noticed that the tv both for uverse and now comcast have issues where i get pixilation randomly at times.

I had U-verse bring someone out to my house (when i had the service) and they said all the test show the line is fine.

What could it be? That it effects both a DSL line and a Cable line?

Relevancy 39.56%

just a quick question, i have just neworked 3 pcs and a wirless laptop through a linksys wrt54gs router, the problem is when 2 or more of the comps are running the internet and email seems to slow down, is there a reason for this and is there anyway i can speed it up i am on a 2mb cable connection with virgin media
thanks in advance
Andy

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a ADSL connection for 1 year now... For 1 year i have been able to download at the speeds of 100 KB/s.

The past 4-5 days the speed has dropped to 20-25... That is not normal for me. And even though i am downloading at only 20, the browsing becomes very slow, like my limit is 20KB/s for everything combined. I called my ISP and they said there is no problem from their side, and maybe the filters they have for some sites dont let me download ..

Is there anyway (application or something) i can find were my problem is ? for example model/router/wires..

Please someone help.... my 100Kbs is now 20

Relevancy 39.56%

I recently transitioned from windows xp to windows seven. I like all the perks of windows seven with the sleek look and advanced security but my internet acts very strange. I have an 8meg internet connection and it ran fine on xp. After installing I can't even get 1meg down. sometimes I only get 500ish kbs and have trouble even loading pages. I know there is nothing wrong with my internet because surrounding friends have the same internet and they have no problems. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try using Advanced System Care Pro by IObit, it has a built-in connection optimization that might set your system free. After optimization, restart and try to check your connection again. That should do the trick.Whatever that's slowing down your connection should be fixed by the optimization done by ASC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2925-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello guys
I have a small home network of around 5 PCs
I have 8MB shared connection from ISP
so when I run speed test check from one of my PC it returns around 1.76 Mb download and 0.07 Mb Upload Speed
my question is, if I connect one of the PC directly to modem and run the test again so will I get 8MB of speed?

I have little idea what you are talking about. Internet speed or bandwidth is measured in Mega-bits per second (Mbps) or kilo-bits per second (kbps). Total downloads or monthly download limits are usually given in Giga-Bytes (GB) or Mega-Bytes (MB). So if you have 8MB that is a pitifully low monthly limit--I've used 1/2 that this morning on email, news and some threads on this site.

If you are interested in the speed you are now getting try something like Speedtest.net with a connection to the router. If that seems lower than what you think you are paying for then try with a computer connected directly to the modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed.1009567/
Relevancy 39.56%

I use Internet Explorer so how can I tell what my speed is thought the Internet

Go to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and click the Begin Test button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93914-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello everybody i hve Internet speed a prblm regarding my internet speed Internet speed which is not working properly my download Internet speed speed is so slow in normal mode but when i switch off to safe mode with networking its working there wht is the prblm i cant manage myself prblm comes whenever i play videos like on youtube or anywhere as i switch off the youtube site my speed goes down to sometime also my actual speed is kbps its working in safe mode with networking i already complaint regarding my issues to my service provider but nothing happens it starts when i switch off my window xp to window service provider is saying change your window i kno this is a ridiculous answer but wht i can say to him i dnt kno i format to times window but same prblm appears my colleagues also have window on their computer their connection is working fine please somebody sort my prblm if Internet speed someone knows with regards TarunKhurana nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed.143165/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey i have 256/128 kb internet connection ( ADSL )
Just wondering if any 1 has any tweaks or programs that might help speed it up a bit
Best speeds i can get is 35Kb a second down speed any1 no much about this topic?

Relevancy 39.56%

hey i was wondering how u would check what ur internet speed is in mpbs or kpbs.. plz help.

Relevancy 39.56%

internet speed: i'm looking for faster speed; dell 2005 optiplex desktop (horizontal box, flat, ie, not tower) is what i have now; i'm going to buy a desktop that's a couple yrs. old, probably w/ windows 7: will this speed up my internet much ? i'm going back to broadband connection, i'm currently using dsl; the dsl seemed a bit faster when i switched to it 1 yr. ago; thanks

The speed (bandwidth) of your internet service depends on the speed of your internet service. You can have defective "stuff" (modem, cables, computers, etc.) that prevent you from getting that full speed but you cannot speed it up except by contracting for a faster service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed.1052609/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi there recently we have set up internet in our student accommodation flat and for some strange internet speed low Very reason the internet speed seems to be incredible low when I am connected using wireless I am trying to download some stuff and the download speed drops below kb s The internet speed is very temperamental as it can be fine for a minute and then it will suddenly drop really low If I disconnect from and reconnect to the network the speed will be high Very low internet speed again then it will drop really low again If I am connected via an ethernet cable the speed is fine and does not drop at all My ISP is Orange and I am using an Acer G laptop Some of my flat mates are experiencing this as well but some aren t I was wondering whether or not it could just be a laptop thing or a router thing The speed can drop that low that I can not even browse web pages Is there any suggestions on what I can do Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Very low internet speed

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-low-internet-speed.1020724/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi there guys, im writing to you all the way from Paraguay asking for your help... I am currently paying my ISP for a 1MB internet connection.....My internet is as slow as a 3 legged turtle! I have just done my speed test and im getting...
Download: 0.97 Mbps

Upload: 0.33Mbps

Please tell me if thats what im supose to be getting? Cheers

A:Please help! Internet speed

If you're paying for a 1 Mbps download speed and your computer is getting 0.97 Mbps, you're okay.

A 1 Mbps download speed is slow by today's standards, so you can't expect to do things on-line at the same quality as someone who has a 20 - 50 Mbps or faster download speed.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-internet-speed.1128313/
Relevancy 39.56%

hey everyone now here it is. I just restarted my acer aspire one netbook back up after about a month. (i have been having some funn with my alien ware desktop). so recently we got a new router which transmits to all of my computers at 150mbps, but on the acer it only shows up as 54. so i was wondering if there was a setting i have to change or what i have to do to fix this if possible. the signal is good. Thanks for your time!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405787/internet-speed/
Relevancy 39.56%

how to speed up my internet conction through registry or any other easy way to increase speed?? pls help!! THANK U

A:Internet speed up

Depends on where the bottleneck is. What speed are you supposed to be getting and what are you experiencing?

Describe your network, including brand and model of modem and any routers, switches, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-up.1001817/
Relevancy 39.56%

hi iwas running onspeed as i cannot go broadband in my locality but its gone pearshaped and dispite lots of emails to onspeed i dont get any answers can anyone surgest any programme to speed up my internet[Moderator edit: moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed]

What is your Kbps speed when you connect?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41245/internet-speed/
Relevancy 39.56%

there r so many ways people say to speed up ur internet!!!!But wot is the best thing to do to check wot my speeds is and am igetting the best i can get??

whats you contract with your ISP for speed ?

then use http://www.dslreports.com/stest and test speed ...

the ask your ISP what speed you can expect depending on distance from the local exchange

for example on a 8mb service getting 5-6mb would be typical
based on my experiance in UK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed.875557/
Relevancy 39.56%

would anyone know when I had my internet installed instead off putting a line from the lamppost straight to my house like everyone in my street they ran a line from my next door neighbours to mine so now there are two internet running from one line from the lamppost would that make my internet speed run slower than everyone in the street that have their own line thanks in advance

what country are you in
If in UK
Most houses have 2 lines from the pole to the house
so you do have a separate line to your house and should make little difference
is this a semi-detached , Terraced or detached property

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed.1171889/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey guys,

Where can I check what my current internet speed (mbps) is? I know my bill comes with the speed (1.5-3 mbps) but when I look into my "Local Area Connection" it says speed: 100 mbps. And when I connect my phone and check the speed with a few apps it all comes back as 54 Mbps. So what is my speed? I'm guessing one is upload speed and one is download speed? But how come everything shows differently?

edit
maybe my upload is 1.5 and download is 100Mbps and my phone caps at 54 Mbps??? I dont know...input please?

Thx guys!!!

A:Internet speed?

I highly recommend www.speedtest.net

The LAN showing 100MBps is referring to the "network" connection between your computer and your router. 54MBps is usually typical for Wireless G speeds, which are slower than the cable connections.

Speedtest.net will tell you your real internet connection speeds, both downloading and uploading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed.162370/
Relevancy 39.56%

internet speed question; my mothers aspire x1430g pc has a integrated gigabit adapter, broadband is 39gb but only clocks at around 3gb, i have optimized settings to the best that i can but no avail

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a dlink xtreme desktop adapter for my computer and a 54MB/s router. My internet download speed is 2MB/s. is there a way to make this faster?

Relevancy 39.56%

Hey guys. I am doing a project that compares the relationship between population and internet speed. I was really hoping that you guys would help me out and provide some data for me. Please leave comments with the following information
What's your up/down speed? (speedtest.net results preferred)
What's your local area population?
What's the population of the nearest city?
Any replies would be great, thanks all.

A:What's your internet Speed?

I'm pretty sure there's a thread for this already - I'll link it when I get a chance to search.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-your-internet-speed.198656/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all.

in XP if you hovered the mouse over the internet icon down by the clock it gave you an idea of the speed, is there anything like it in windows 7.

Thanks

A:internet speed ??

actually in xp when u hover over the icon thats not your internet speed. thats the speed capable of the adapter in your pc. if u want to know ur actual internet speed use Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and choose the location nearest to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90212-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Ever since I went from Vista to Windows 7 it seems my internet has slowed down. I am running a MSI, and AMD possessor fairly new less then 1yr. Is this a known issue? To be exact I use Grabit to download newsgroups and it took half the time to download a article with Vista than it does with Win 7

What kind of Internet are you using? Cable, DSL? Wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed.145697/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I didn't know where to post this
my internet speed been groin crazy
its goes fine then at some point all the speed drop the lights flickers
only in wifi tho
I called my ISP they said it the signals from the wireless phone
called my friend he says its signals from other routers * I live in a building around 16 ap 4 per floor*
both said to connect via either
a lot of my usage is by phone so I use wifi
any one have any solution for it ?

Eliminate the possibilities.

Turn off the wifi, connect to router via cable only. Is it still slowing down? If yes, it's something related to wireless. Then continue troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed.204286/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have an Intel Pentium 3,1200 mhz, 1.19 ghz, 256 mb ram pc that is connected to a wireless netgear 11mbps router. Question! Will increasing my ram memory from 256 to 512 help my speed on the internet ? I have a DSL connection @100mbps @ Earthlink as isp. Please help me improve my speed.

Relevancy 39.56%

hey, i was wondering if there is a program or a way to find out what my internet speed is without having to do anything long or complicated. thx.

A:what is my internet speed?

Take a look HERE

Regards Howard :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-my-internet-speed.31672/
Relevancy 39.56%

i have a cable connection (Comcast) and my internet is slooowing down by the week. i wanted to know if there is anything i can do to speed it up or a software in can get?

Relevancy 39.56%

hi everybody

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY

My internet speed seems to drop quite often, but if I turn my modem off and then back on the speed
returns to normal, can anyone tell me why.
regards calmat

With out any system specs provided it's just a shot in the dark. I would guess that your wifi adapter needs to be updated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38393-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 39.56%

i using 1mbps of internet...one week ago it is faster....this few day suddenly internet speed when open page it will become slower like 128k modem and it will hang a while and hang a while when open internet..my window is window xp avira anti virus ...spybot search and destory and malwarebyter anti-malware...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149727/internet-speed/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this, so I'll appologize ahead of time if it is posted in the wrong place. I was wondering how I can find out what my internet speed is. Is there any sites that can determine how fast my internet is?

Relevancy 39.56%

The last week or 2 I've seen a great deal of lag anytime I play an online game on my computer. My "Network" is set-up as such: my mom's computer connects to the modem, which connects to the wireless router; my computer connects to the wireless router with a Cat5e cable. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother that use the Wireless Router to connect wirelessly.
The password for the router somehow got taken off, so I put a new 1 on it but the lag persist. I'm not too techy with computers, so any help will be greatly appreciated. I would like to find out if this is a problem with my computer or my mom's,sisters', or brother's. Or is it a problem with the actual Internet Connection/Service Provider. I'm using Vista Ultimate 64bit, an I have updated the drivers on the router. Any help/suggestions appreciated. Thank You!

Relevancy 39.56%

Hey. I was wondering if there is something I can do to make my Internet faster or running more successful. I use a high speed Internet connection. Thanks for any advise.

You'll need to provide a bit more info for others to help you.

Are you on DSL? Who's your carrier if so?

Or are you on cable? Who's your carrier?

We need some specifics about your computer system, OS, modem type, etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/3417/internet-speed/
Relevancy 39.56%

running 1mh. 384k ram dell had problems with freezes ran defrag problem improved subtantially after defrag computer ran slow on net {dsl}hard drive made strange noises during defrag. how do i determine if the problem is the computer or my high speed connection

freda

A:speed on the internet

have you got anti-virus software and is it up to date? download and run Ad-aware and spybot from the links in my signature. Then post back with results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-on-the-internet.273363/
Relevancy 39.56%

First of all i would like to thank everyone for their efforts and help.

I have P5 256Mb Ram. My internet speed has gone done drastically. Could anyone help me to improve it

Rgrds

What type of internet connection do you have and also have you checked for spyware / trojans recently? They are number one cause of internet slowness. 2nd is DoS or ping attacks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed.415205/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a download speed of 3500Kbs which divided by 8 gives me an upload speed of around 420Kbs but i am only averaging about 25Kbs

How can i speed this up.. I tried it on my wireless laptop and also on the wired pc but speed is the same no matter what time of day it is, its always roughly the same

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149156/internet-speed/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have the Belkin F5D7230-4 router. I also have a laptop with the Belkin 54g network card.
I have Verizon DSL service.
I am literally 10 feet away from the router and connected to it and only getting 5MBPS. If I close the browser and wait a few seconds I can get up to 54 then drops down to 24 then 18 then 5. Shouldn't it stay at a certain speed?

Relevancy 39.13%

Internet Speed Monitor is taking over my computer. What can I do?

A:Internet Speed Monitor

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-monitor.636623/