Windows Support Forum

Unidentified network Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Q: Unidentified network Windows 7 Ultimate x64

So my problem is I bought new laptop Asus A VM installed Windows Ultimate bit and all newest drivers but I still cant connect to my wireless network Laptop sees my network connects to it but its unable to connect to internet and says its unidentified I have tried going to device manager and uninstalling then scanning to re-install my wireless drivers but that didnt help either also I dont have bonjour service network 7 Windows Ultimate x64 Unidentified I keep reading about thats causing problems I checked for that I did manage connect to network somehow I dont even remember how but it involved entering PIN Unidentified network Windows 7 Ultimate x64 number if im correct from back of my wireless in some settings on laptop and it worked but later I realised that now none of my other wireless devices can connect to network so I reinstalled my wireless to default setting and im without internet on laptop again Im quite new with networking problems and im clueless now so if you have any suggestions how to fix it please tell me what exactly to do And heres ipconfig all Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Shandi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address FE- -DE- - E- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Network Adap ter Physical Address DC- -DE- - E- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc b f dc Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - -A - - C-D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - -A - - C-D DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CB -F CB- -B - CB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unidentified network Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unidentified network Windows 7 Ultimate x64

The IP address of 169.254.244.220 that you have isn't valid - this is a Windows-allocated one when you don't have an IP.

So, considering none of your other wifi devices can connect to the network, we need to work out how to turn on DHCP server. Do you have a router and modem? Or a modem/router device?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network-windows-7-ultimate-x64.188176/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello my name is George and im running a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 computer and i and getting a error when i try to connect to the internet with my Belkin g Wireless adapter...

It has worked before and then one day it desided to say Unidentifed Network. So i thought i would do a troubleshoot and it just comes up with Unable to obtain a valid IP Configeration. I Have looked at so many forums to see if they have the answer but everyone's is a little bit diffrent to my problem. So please Help and reply asap as i have been working on this for hours.

Thanks in Advance...

George

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Unidentified network Help!!

Please Help!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189737-windows-7-ultimate-x64-unidentified-network-help.html
Relevancy 84.71%

So one day i turned my computer on and the internet said unidentified network, i been using the same modem with Verizon it worked fine. I have disabled the adapter, unistalled it all that and still does not work, i tried to make a new connection it still does not work, im in school and my computer is how i submit my work. I have called technical support with verizon they said its my computer. Please help.

Ipv4 address 169.254.195.91
Subnet mask 255.255.0.0

Relevancy 84.71%

I had a network problem with my pc.. i donno how to fix it and look for some solutions, but failed. i hope you could help me.

thanks

A:Unidentified Network windows 7 ultimate x64

Please describe your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222046-unidentified-network-windows-7-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I bought an Ethernet cable to plug directly to the modem for better speeds I plug it in and it doesn't work It has a Public Network symbol and says quot Unidentified Network quot When I diagnose it says quot Local Area Network quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration My NIC is the Intel R Ethernet Connection i -v I have tried almost everything Manually set the IPV from the IP config command disabled IPV tested the cable on other PC checked BIOS to make sure it is enabled started in safe mode with networking changed speed and duplex installed official Intel drivers It could be the modem but I'm unfamiliar with what settings to tweak Modem is a Telstra Gateway Max TG vac Cable is plugged in the right place The modem LED is green and flashing and the PC's top LED is orange and flashing but the bottom is green I uninstalled the driver in device manager and restarted then reinstalled but still doesn't work If I login to the modem with the other PC it doesn't appear under the Ethernet connections I called the ISP for Sometime after trying to fix it I had the exact same problem with the WiFi and I just enabled the IPV and it worked again It was quot Unidentified Network quot and had a public Network Unidentified Windows with Ethernet Ultimate 7 on network symbol just like the Ethernet is doing Here is Ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name LLEEEEEEEEEHHHA Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address F - - - -F - Unidentified Network with Ethernet on Windows 7 Ultimate F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address c d e f be d b Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address c d a dd cfa c P referred Link-local IPv Address fe d e f be d b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe fff fe fbca DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-CB- F- C-AF-F - - F- C DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway Description ASUS PCE-N Mbps n dual band Wirel ess PCI-E card Physical Address BC-EE- B-E -F -ED DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address c ee fb c P referred Temporary IPv Address c e f e Pr eferred Link-local IPv Address fe ee fb c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday December PM Lease Expires Monday December PM Default Gateway fe fff fe fbca DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-CB- F- C-AF-F - - F- C DNS Servers c NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List gateway Tunnel adapter isatap lbuchhinternode on net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D A -B F - - F - B CF E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387195-unidentified-network-ethernet-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 62.78%

hello. i have a windows 7 professional 32 bit
i have been having problems trying to connect to the internet today. last night it was perfectly fine
it either says identifying... unidentified network. when i troubleshoot it says windows cannot automatically detect this network's proxy settings
my other netbook (the one i am using right now) can connect as well as other computers here, to the same network
i tried connecting through a cable but it also says unidentified network.
for six hours i've been trying solutions i've read but to no avail. i tried system restore but it keeps on failing.
please help. thanks

A:UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings

i used this with win7 to overcome the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/71408-unidentified-networks-set-private-public.html?filter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.1098970/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all,
I have tried all the similar solutions to my problem but non eworks.

I have just installed WIndows 7 Home 64bit.
Wireless works (slooooooow).
The cable from my Billion router/modem is recognised but does not work.

In network and sharing centre I can see Wireless as Home Network and cable as:

Unidentified network - Public Network (no link = can't change it).
The 4 TCP/IPv4 is set at automatic. Even if I put the Billion default address 192.168.1.254 and subnet and gateway nothing.

Tried going into ipconfig and it gives me a 169.254.176.23 (=no internet connection then, but I knew that).

The wireless IP is correct at 192.168.1.2

From what I have understood from all the fora I have to change the network from Public to Home.

How do I do it?

I would be very grateful for any sort of help.

A:unidentified network - public network Windows 7 64bit

Hi Villas

Networks\Connections is not my area but this will show you how to change from public to home network - Network Location - Set as Home, Work, or Public Network

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181627-unidentified-network-public-network-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I had Windows Vista and everything was fine today Windows No Network Access, since - 7 Unidentified downloading Network I decided to use my free Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 Windows upgrade and I can't connect through my router It started when I downloaded Windows and I went to connect and it showed my network it said quot Unable to connect to quot network quot quot Then after a little why it didn't even show my network their at all It just said quot Unidentified Network No network access quot Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 I've tried nearly everything I'm connected now through the modem but obviously I want to fix this situation with my router so I can Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 connect through my router Also every since I got Windows I can't go to my routers IP address at http - it just won't open the page I was going to reset all router settings to default but it wouldn't let me access it I did read a lot of the other threads on this subject I've tried Disabling then Enabling Local Network Connection didn't work Please help me guys

A:Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7

This problem usually has to do with a secondary default gateway in the Windows 7 network adaptors Ipv4 settings. The link below shows you how to fix that problem.

http://pocketpccentral.net/blog/2009...blem-resolved/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89905-unidentified-network-no-network-access-since-downloading-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Well i had the problem when im doing the ICS between a computer with internet win and a computer with ethernet cable Winxp When i unplug the cable or the other computer restart or whatever i get the message of quot unidentified network quot quot internet innaccesible quot quot no Network Access quot etc I know is a kick in the balls and its so hard to know what Unidentified in access at 7 ICS Network, Fix network No for Windows is the problem cuz is a little bit tricky i have searched everywhere and nothing helped me out i tried bridged updating drivers disabling enabling parameters disabling firewall editing gpedit etc it was driving me nuts just watching the quot Public Network Unidentified Network quot I have tested and i did the next config doing lots of trial and error Worked perfect for me I hope it helps you out too guys Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7 Do the steps in the next order Both computers in same Workgroup Both computers with bonjour disabled or deleted In CMD delete route In my case Internet router Wlan Win Ethernet Lan Winxp The pc with the internet Share the internet of Wlan then go to Lan gt Properties gt ipv disabled ipv ip assigned when u share the internet submask default Default Gateway Here you put the ip of the gateway created to share internet This is the most important to remove the quot public network quot and unidentified thing The name of it in my computer is quot Residential Gateway Device quot DNS DNS Pc client Get automatic IP option this is important DNS DNS And youre done I hope it works for you guys i really Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7 have passed frustrating times to get this thing working properly i test often pluging and unpluging the ethernet just to see Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7 if this still working and it does Notes The DNS are from google dns Sorry for my english

A:Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7

Interesting that the default gateway 0.0.0.0 can also be problematic with a regular network connection as well.

In both cases typing in the default gateway resolved the issue as described in the link.
Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281119-fix-unidentified-network-no-network-access-ics-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Well I have searched and fought with this on my own long enough apparently i need help! My desktop cannot see my network. The network itslef runs fine Xbox, phones kindle and this laptop have no probles seeing nor using the network.
I have run ipconfig /all tried reseting Tcp/IP to no avail. what else can I do?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2815 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM), 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 100000 MB, Free - 57089 MB; G: Total - 426882 MB, Free - 200273 MB; H: Total - 426884 MB, Free - 11964 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4N68T-M-V2
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys, my windows ethernet network says 'unidentified network' every time i try and connect my Xbox to Xbox live through my laptop. Is there any way to solve this because i feel as though i have tried everything, and may as well go back to windows 7 if possible.

A:Windows 8 'Unidentified Network'

what steps are you using to enable internet sharing?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24736-windows-8-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Well, I have got a desktop computer and a laptop at my home. I have got a single internet connection. So I added an extra NIC card to my desktop PC. Then I connected my desktop to the internet and then connected my laptop and desktop using a crossover network cable. Both my machines have got win 7 installed. So when I created the network my laptop identified the network and allowed it to me to choose between home, work and public networks. I am able to share the internet too. But my desktop keeps on saying unidentified network which prevents me from joining my homegroup. I don't think there is problem with driver. So any help would be heartily appreciated.

A:Unidentified network in windows 7?

Quote: Originally Posted by 94KTV

Well, I have got a desktop computer and a laptop at my home. I have got a single internet connection. So I added an extra NIC card to my desktop PC. Then I connected my desktop to the internet and then connected my laptop and desktop using a crossover network cable. Both my machines have got win 7 installed. So when I created the network my laptop identified the network and allowed it to me to choose between home, work and public networks. I am able to share the internet too. But my desktop keeps on saying unidentified network which prevents me from joining my homegroup. I don't think there is problem with driver. So any help would be heartily appreciated.

Select both adapters using shift+click, the internet connection adapter and the laptop connection adapter in the network connections window, right click and bridge connections. That's by far the easiest way to overcome this issue...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/149152-unidentified-network-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

First off I would like to say I feel great to be here I've read many of the posts and you're all really helpful I plan to stay here and help others if I am able to Onwards to the problem Ever since a few days ago I've been hit with the quot Unidentified Network quot problem It's the only network I can see and it's a wired connection I use a Linksys WRK G and never has it given Vista or XP this sort of problem I updated the firmware of the router and updated the drivers of my NIC but still nothing I've tried simply resetting the router still nothing I basically did everything posted here Code http www scribd com doc Lazy-Techs-Knowledgebase http www scribd com doc Configure-the-Unidentified- http www scribd com Network 7 Help! Unidentified Windows doc I-Decided-to-Just-Post-This-as-a-New-Thread and nothing worked Here's my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Codfisher-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigab it Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- -F -F -B DHCP Enabled Yes Windows 7 Unidentified Network Help! Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe be a Preferred Autoconfiguration Windows 7 Unidentified Network Help! IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- - F- - A- -F -F -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap Windows 7 Unidentified Network Help! A D - B - - -AEC FE B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt Please help guys

A:Windows 7 Unidentified Network Help!

Try using the solution dictated in this thread and see if it works:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-i...rk-access.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/14260-windows-7-unidentified-network-help.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,
I am new here and I really hope I get a solution for my problem. I'll be forever grateful to this site if that happens.
So, here goes my problem.
My computer, all of a sudden, stops connecting to the internet. Both Wi-Fi and Ethernet aren't functioning. When I try to connect, they show an error (unidentified network). When I troubleshoot using the Windows troubleshooter, it says there isn't a valid ip configuration. I tried few methods like reinstalling drivers and renewing stuff using command prompt, but to no avail. Please help, college is really hard without a working internet connection.

Relevancy 59.77%

I recently moved into a new place and I have a switch connected to the ethernet port of my wireless router. From that switch I have 3 computers running, all Windows 7 x64. Both of my laptops can access the network, however my desktop is unable to connect.

I've tried dozens of solutions to no avail, upon browsing for hours. Attached is my ipconfig -all log, if anyone could help me out I would appreciate that a lot.

A:Unidentified Network, Windows 7

It looks like you aren't getting anything from the router, no default gateway or IP nothing valid there at all.

Have you tried resetting your router yet? Have you tried to update the routers firmware?
Run these commands at your command prompt and see if anything changes.
netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)
netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)
Then ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115957-unidentified-network-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
when restarting windows I get my network and unidentified network
with no internet

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a749cb5-6153-4359-ba23-e89d3f6fafca/windows-7-unidentified-network?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having a problem connecting using an Ethernet cord to the internet It was working fine a couple days ago then all 7 Network Windows Unidentified the sudden stopped I don t think I did anything different Ran ipconfig which is below Have uninstalled installed the network driver looked up other fixes reset the TCP IP stack but nothing has worked Would appreciate any help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C windows system gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b f IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap BBF A D- D - D -ACA - A E A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F C - B - F -A - C CE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap FFBD - - DB- B - AB D CD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e c b f Link-local IPv Address fe c b f Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap E E B E- FF - -BD F- AD D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

HI all, I am new to this forum and have been having the following problem for about a month now;
Two Wire 2700 router connected to my Windows 7 pc by network cable works perfectly. Also no problem with the wireless connection either. Added a switch to enable better positioning of the router to the master phone socket and cannot now connect to the router with the network cable only wifi. When I plug the pc into the switch it detects an unidentified network with no internet connection. Doing the normal repair steps ends in a message about ip configuration.
Any ideas bearing in mind that if I take the switch out the PC connects to the router with the same cable perfectly. Yes I have tried two different switches and three different cables.
I am sure it's something so easy to fix I shall laugh about it...........

A:Unidentified network Windows 7

Hmm; sounds like your switch is acting like a router AND creating an IP address conflict.

A switch should NOT provide DHCP service and not provide DNS settings, so

wire PC->Switch (and nothing else, Not WiFi either).

get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG /ALL
what do you get as a reply? should not contain ANY ip addresses anywhere.

now wire PC->->Router (with wifi disabled), rerun the ipconfig; should now have ip addresses

finally, wire PC->switch->Router (wifi disabled) and the ipconfig results should be identical to those immediately above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network-windows-7.188735/
Relevancy 59.34%

I posted a reply on a similar topic but figured I'd start a new thread even though it seems this has been discussed a lot I have a verizon wireless cell access point I connect a w hp pc to it and set it as a home network I also have a nic in the same w hp box connected to a local g switch with a bunch of HP 7 Windows public network unidentified is other stuff on it an xp pc a ps a directtv dvr and a majicjack That's my home LAN I'm letting the w hp machine do the Windows 7 HP unidentified network is public dhcp as part of internet connection sharing which mostly works fine I had to hard set an ip address for the dvr There's even a registry entry that you can control the dhcp local subnet What I'm finding is that with windows home premium even though you can share an internet connection there is no way to change an independent home LAN network to be a quot home quot location Because w hp decides the home LAN is quot unidentified quot it won't let you change the type and it's stuck as a quot public quot network So none of your home computers can talk to the windows computer They can use the internet but that's about it There's a lot of fixes floating around but none seem to correctly fix the problem It's not a problem if you have w pro because you can edit the security settings for unidentified networks and let the admin change them But I can't even find the security registry entries in w hp Has anyone actually fixed this short of shelling over the money to upgrader to w pro Seems to me that w hp ought to be enough to run a home network Help

A:Windows 7 HP unidentified network is public

Update. This particular powerscript Change does change it to a "work" network. I still can't make any changes to it myself though. This fixes file sharing since a work network will permit this. From what I've read the fix has to be reapplied if the network gets recreated.

Sort of a "partial" solution but not exactly the one I was looking for.

I've got another machine on my network running xp pro and I'm sort of leaning towards making it my "ICS" machine to connect the cell access point to my local home lan. Then perhaps the xp hp box will see that the local lan connection has internet access and give me the option to set it as "home".

Also not my ideal solution as I'm assuming eventually I will have no xp machines and will be back revisiting this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210394-windows-7-hp-unidentified-network-public.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I am having problems connecting to the internet on my friends computer I ve tried to use two Unidentified Windows with Network 32-bit Vista routers to which the laptop would not identify Unidentified Network with Windows Vista 32-bit the network on either house I have tried multiple solutions such as editing the registry keys to enable dhcp broadcasting and I have also tried resetting the TCP IP stack repair Unidentified Network with Windows Vista 32-bit options for Vista posted on an eariler forum Here is my ipconfig all Thanks for any help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users colleen gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name colleen-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - -C - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e d eb a c d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - E- -A -BE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dda a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - F- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A D D - - CA -A B - E F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap dhcp drexel edu Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C B - D - - -B E br CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap - - B-AD - BA br F A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Unidentified Network with Windows Vista 32-bit

That shows no connection of any kind. If you've already done the stack repair, try booting in Safe Mode with Networking using a wired connection and post another IPCONFIG /ALL

You should use a known working router port and cable for this test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-with-windows-vista-32-bit.875587/
Relevancy 59.34%

HI,

i am using windows 7 on dell latitude d620, when i share Internet

via mobile htc wildfire android 2.3 version , so sometime it is network connected .

but most of time showing error unidentified network & net is not work.

i am really confused why this error is showing.

please help me . THANKS A LOT.

A:Unidentified network error windows 7

Check your network settings of your phone and your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/238038-unidentified-network-error-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am running Windows 7 on my PC but I installed Windows 10 Enterprise as a virtual machine using VMWare Player. My Network Adapter setting on VMWare are set to "NAT:Used to share the host's IIP address". This works just fine when I run Ubuntu VM but
does not work when I run Windows 10 VM.

I tried to select other Network Adapter settings e.g. Bridged etc. but no luck. I am not using a static IP but the one assigned automatically seems to be of a private network I.e. 192.168.#.#

I am not really good with networks. I followed a tutorial online to change the startup types of the network settings but that also did not help.

Conclusion: When I run Ubuntu VM on VMWare player with network adapter settings set to NAT, it works. So I think the problem is with Windows 10 network settings, maybe?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b9d5bd1f-2d91-4337-8a46-4e14005b313b/windows-10-unidentified-network-issue?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

I don't know much about computers yet, and i'm in a bit of a pickle. I upgraded my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 with the free upgrade that came out a while back. I recently bought an Ethernet cord to enhance my gaming performance, but when I plug it in it says identifying for a little while then says unidentified network no Internet. My friend came over and tried it on his laptop and it worked for his Windows 8.1 . I have a Comcast router/modem combo and have it hooked to a western digital router which is what the Ethernet cord is run from.

A:Unidentified Network on Windows 10 Laptop

Pictures help. Your computer is probably picking up the Comcast Hotspot that they have enabled on their gateway.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32877-unidentified-network-windows-10-laptop.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Built a new workstation at work.  Installed windows 7 pro and ran windows update.  All of this done in my "lab".

After moving the computer to the workstation, it has no internet access and says unidentified network.  Moved it back to the "lab", and it worked fine.  Moved it back to the workstation and the problem is still there.

It replaced an older Dell with windows xp pro.  I connected the Dell back up and it works fine.  DHCP is running.

I also grabbed a windows 7 pro laptop and tried the hardwire connection, and I got the same unidentified network with no internet access.

Anyone have a experience with this??  This has got me pulling my hair out.

A:Windows 7 unidentified network issue

You may need to assign a homegroup/workgroup to the Win7 PCs, ... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/What-is-the-difference-between-a-domain-a-workgroup-and-a-homegroup .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543682/windows-7-unidentified-network-issue/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello My Vista Unidentified Network:Windows laptop is unable to connect to the internet It recognizes my wireless connection Unidentified Network:Windows Vista public network as quot unidentified network quot and Access quot Local only quot I ve tried using many other solutions but I still haven t found a way to fix this My other laptops computers Unidentified Network:Windows Vista and gaming devices are able to connect to my linksys router except for this laptop My computer information is as follows Windows Vista Service Pack Manufacturer Gateway Model T- u Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core Processor TK- GHz Memory RAM GB System Type -bit Operating System I hope this helps as well Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kimade PC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Admin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D BE D-C - F A- CDF- C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CD F A-B A - CC -BC A- E EA br FA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Kimade PC gt nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys, as i understand this issue has been around for a long time now, im not sure when it started but recently my pc wont connect to the net. it connect to unidentified network but no internet access i've tried a rannge of things and eventually gave up and did a clean install, this solved it for a while but its gone again. any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi. Windows 7 ppl.

I have the "normal" problem with my wireless connection..

It's an unidentified "public" network, with limited accsess. "Wireless Network Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

I't works on all our PC's with XP.

My PC is a Toshiba Satellite P500-14z. (one week old)
My wireless nettwork adapter is then: "Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC"
and my router is Thomson SpeedTuch Inteno

Yes, i have updated the drivers.
Yes, i have tried to turn off the TCP/IPv6.
Yes, i have reset the computer to the factory settings.
Yes. i have googled for a week.

So if anyone knows how to fix this, please help before i die of pain :P

Love Mockme. <3

A:My Wireless = Unidentified network. Only on windows 7

See if this article can help you troubleshoot ipconfig - Windows Command Line Utility

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83972-my-wireless-unidentified-network-only-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Recently upgraded to windows 8, and the Ethernet connection on my laptop repeatedly shows Unidentified network. I re-installed windows 7, and it works fine. The Consumer preview and release preview of 8 worked fine too. Now, since i am back to windows 8, the problem is back again. Tried everything on various posts on net that i can, but of no help.
The Internet connects for few seconds initially, wen the network is in the process of "Identifying Network". But it stops, as soon as it identifies it as Unidentified network.
Any help on it ???

A:Windows 8, shows Unidentified Network

Originally Posted by viking01

Recently upgraded to windows 8, and the Ethernet connection on my laptop repeatedly shows Unidentified network. I re-installed windows 7, and it works fine. The Consumer preview and release preview of 8 worked fine too. Now, since i am back to windows 8, the problem is back again. Tried everything on various posts on net that i can, but of no help.
The Internet connects for few seconds initially, wen the network is in the process of "Identifying Network". But it stops, as soon as it identifies it as Unidentified network.
Any help on it ???

It sounds like the network driver isn't right.

Can you post the ipconfig/all from this machine?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16161-windows-8-shows-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Help My ethernet cable was working fine until now This is what I get This is in the properties dialog Can anyone help me I think I have tried just about everything This is ipconfig Code Windows Unidentified Windows ethernet using 7 Network IP Configuration Host Name Jordan-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Windows 7 Unidentified Network using ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - D- B- B- -CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c bcf b e bd Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -B -D - - D- B- B- -CF DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address C-B - D-E -DA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d cfc a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday September AM Lease Expires Wednesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -B -D - - D- B- B- -CF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Windows 7 Unidentified Network using ethernet isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd d b f f fdfa Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe d b f f fdfa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap E E -DE - B - - CA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface BBE -C - CA -B F - E FFAF B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks

A:Windows 7 Unidentified Network using ethernet

Hi, Welcome to Seven Forums.

This address...
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.56.189(Preferred)

Means you are not getting an address from your router.

As a starting place, check your DHCP range in your router, and that hou have no MAC filters defined to only allow specific MAC addresses. Or specific MAC addresses blocked (such as the wired physical address/MAC address).

Often routers use a default range of 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.2.100 for the DHCP range.

Your wireless picked up 5, so do you have other PCs/Devices using the other addresses?

You could also try a static address just to test.

IP Address: 192.168.2.6
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.2.1
DNS: 192.168.2.1

and see if that works.

Please let us know how that goes..

Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303244-windows-7-unidentified-network-using-ethernet.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello guys The only reason - Unidentified Windows 8.1 network-limited i'm starting a new topic is that I'am desperate I basically tried every solution there is out there and nothing works Here goes I Windows 8.1 - Unidentified network-limited installed win recently and the problem is at the title suggest I got a connection that says Unidentified Network-Limited I said no problem I set up a new connection broadband I entered the username and password the isp gave me and the internet works fine The problem is under my connection panel I have connections Windows 8.1 - Unidentified network-limited one that says Unidentified-Limited and the Windows 8.1 - Unidentified network-limited one I created and that works Beside that this is an irritating problem I could live with that the bigger problem is that I can no longer download at full speed I used to download with mg but now at some torrents it's now up to even mg or if it is suddendly goes down and back up and down again This is a happy case I download torrents with kb a torrent which a friends downloads it with - mg I just wanna get rid of that limited connection Here's how it looks like I made the non working one private as in a tutorial from here but still won't work If anyone can please help I tried everything I am desperate Thank you

A:Windows 8.1 - Unidentified network-limited

Hi,
You need to provide more detail about your network, adapters, system and other information.

For now press Windows key + X and then select command prompt (Admin)
copy and paste following commands, line by line into the console and hit enter after each one:

c:
cd \
mkdir info
cd info
netsh wlan show all > wlan.txt
ipconfig /all > ipconfig.txt
driverquery /V > drivers.txt
wmic baseboard > baseboard.txt
wmic computersystem > computersystem.txt
wmic service > services.txt
wmic process > process.txt
netsh dump > dump.txt
netsh lan show settings > lan_settings.txt
netsh lan show profiles > lan_profiles.txt
powershell
Get-NetFirewallrule -Enabled True -Direction Outbound > firewall_outbound_rules.txt
Get-NetFirewallrule -Enabled True -Direction Inbound > firewall_inbound_rules.txt
Get-NetFirewallProfile > firewall_profile.txt
Get-netfirewallsetting > firewall_setting.txt

Now open Windows explorer and navigate into C drive, then select info folder, compress it with windows zip utility 7zip or with similar tool and post here as attachment.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/64937-windows-8-1-unidentified-network-limited.html
Relevancy 59.34%

This problem is driving me insane I swear I'd fixed it once but now its back to haunt me and I have no idea what causes it It's just so random I've posted a x64 Windows in AGAIN issue Network Unidentified - 7 thread about it here before but had managed to fix the problem What I did to get rid of it was Set quot Speed amp Duplex quot in my adapter properties to a fixed speed in my case it was Mbit Half-Duplex the others didn't work Changed network speed WAN port speed in my router from Mbit Auto to fixed quot Mbit quot That seemed to have done the trick and Unidentified Network issue in Windows 7 x64 - AGAIN everything worked for weeks Today I go out for lunch for minutes and when I come back the connection is gone I reset the adapter - nothing I've tried all the regular stuff again reinstalled the drivers etc reset the router laptop but it still can't find the network It's a disaster as this is my work laptop and I have to be online all the time What on Earth could've happened while I was out The laptop was locked and I always have it locked whenever I leave it so it's absolutely impossible that somebody had messed with my settings I've checked - the router amp adapter settings are still the same but for some reason the settings that had worked for weeks don't work now anymore I'm going mad The problem persists in safe mode and I've tried every Speed amp Duplex setting now - nothing works anymore The adapter doesn't seem to be absolutely dead as it recognises the cable but still can't get on the network Please help me Here is a full list of my adapter settings Any idea what may have caused it to die during sleep in locked mode

A:Unidentified Network issue in Windows 7 x64 - AGAIN

Hello,

Can you do an 'ipconfig /all' please.

Do you have the latest installed drivers? Has Windows updated the drivers whilst you where out?
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217943-unidentified-network-issue-windows-7-x64-again.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, usually I'm using my usb modem connected to my laptop to provide an internet access to my xbox while I was on Win 7 and it runs good but after I upgrade my OS to Win 8 now I can connect no more. It says that my ethernet connection is "unidentified network" while I still have my ICS enabled (My USB Modem still stated "shared"). I have set IPv4 to obtain automatically though.
how to fix that?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 59.34%

Computer > Dlink Router - Virgin Media Modem

Ive had this issue with two different model routers, so it`s now leading me to believe that i have an issue with windows 7 somehow.

If i reboot my computer, or turn it on from cold boot, I get the issue (SEE ATTACHED THUMBNAILS)

I can resolve the issue by going into network connections, disabling my
Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adaptor
Then re-enabling it again.

this now seems to sync with the router and all is well.

anyone experienced this issue before or know why it is happening?

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there.

I bought a new computer yesterday and it allready came with windows 7 build 7100.

My problem is, I had a small home network runing here but now the new computer can't connect to it or have internet access through it.

When I connect the ethernet cable directly to the modem I get internet. But when I connect it to the router I get the Unidentified Network error.

I have updated drivers and firmware

My router is a smc barricade SMCWBR14S-N2
My net connector is and asus inboard realtek GBE family controller

Please help, I've spent a whole lot of time fiddling with this with no sucess.

Thank you

A:Windows 7 Unidentified Network Error. Help!

Do you have dhcp or static IP?
Did you try to assign a static IP to your interface?
Did you try another port on the router?
Did you try another cable?
When you log in to the router and you check your local network status do you see that the interface tried to connect?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-unidentified-network-error-help-396404.html
Relevancy 58.48%

im trying to get my windows vista pc to connect to my wpa2 secured adhoc connection (on windows 8) but it just wont work. i've spent at least 4 hours trying to fix this but the problem still persists. my other vista laptop can connect and all my other devices can connect. this windows vista pc can connect if the security type is wep.

i already tried the ff. but to no avail:

disabling ipv6
updating all related drivers to the latest one
editing the registry for the dhcp thing
running microsoft's hotfix
uninstalling my anti virus program (malwarebytes)

my wireless adapter is called tenda w322u and it says it's supposed to be compatible with wpa2 secured connections. please help me identify what the problem is. thanks.

A:windows vista - wpa2 unidentified network

Does the tenda w322u work with the other Vista laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-wpa2-unidentified-network.1107849/
Relevancy 58.48%

So usually I'm using my Windows 7 + USB Modem with ICS enabled to give my xbox 360 internet access and it's working fine.
But after upgrading it to Windows 8, my Local Area Connection now becomes Unidentified Network so I can't give my Xbox internet connection again. In diagnose the problem it says that "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP Configuration.

How to fix this?

Thanks in advance

A:Ethernet Adapter Unidentified Network in Windows 8

any help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-adapter-unidentified-network-in-windows-8.1077108/
Relevancy 58.48%

Windows Unidentified Network via LAN WiFi working My on board was doing this same problem so I bought a new Network Card Turned out it was also a realtek and performs worse The on board would atleast work for a little bit on a fresh boot sometimes This new one hasnt worked since i installed it ive tried three different sets of drivers and a host of troubleshoot options from the good old googles for about a week solid im ready to give up and depend on wireless Sigh I dont want to do that i game and ping matters XP Im connected straight to modem my laptop experinces no problem wither wifi or lan and my phone stays solid on my wifi Frontier ISP Netgear frontier provide router Ipconfig with wifi on Windows IP Configuration Host Name SpizawnDesktop Primary 7 LAN...WiFi Unidentified Windows working. via Network Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Windows 7 Unidentified Network via LAN...WiFi working. netgear com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix netgear com Description Realtek RTL B Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -E - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc a a a f d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday July PM Lease Expires Saturday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - B- A- - - - - -AB DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - - -AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - B- A- - - - - -AB DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E E - F - A - F - D D CCCEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap netgear com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix netgear com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms AutoConfigProxy REG SZ wininet dll MigrateProxy REG DWORD x ProxyEnable REG DWORD x ipconfig wif off Windows IP Configuration Host Name SpizawnDesktop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - - -AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - B- A- - - - - -AB DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E E - F - A - F - D D CCCEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again AutoConfigProxy REG SZ wininet dll MigrateProxy REG DWORD x ProxyEnable REG DWORD x I have tried googling this problem alot i simply just dont know what to do anymore Im not exactly a pc dummy but don't have a lot of experience with networking Will post ip config of my onboard once i reset and turn it on in the bios Ipconfig of just onboard Currently working As stated earlier it... Read more

A:Windows 7 Unidentified Network via LAN...WiFi working.

With Wi-Fi off:
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.1.122(Preferred)

It seems you can't get an IP address from the router DHCP server. Did you try factory resetting the router (not just power cycling)?

Also, Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 12-34-56-78-90-AB for onboard LAN I believe. Did you change the MAC address manually before?

Create a manual System Restore point - System Restore
Get Download Complete Internet Repair - MajorGeeks and run it as admin
Select:
- Reset Internet Protocol
- Repair Winsock
- Renew Internet connections
See if it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376509-windows-7-unidentified-network-via-lan-wifi-working.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello guys Been looking though several forums now and tried several so called solutions but nothing fixed my problem So I hope you will be able to solve this problem for me Two days ago my connection to the internet went down I went to look at the router modem which told me that it was from my ISP s end I Windows Network 7 Unidentified issue Another - Solved: shut down the computer and went to bed Today I plugged in my new graphic card and turned on the computer and I no longer have a connection Router Modem blinks fine and the wireless is working just fine currently from which I m posting this thread This is what I ve done so far Uninstalled Bonjour and every single Apple connected program Switched back to my old graphic card to test whether that was causing some kind of problem Deactivated IVP Reinstalled Windows bit Resetted BIOS with the pin switching and im still a helpless fellow with no internet on my desktop Router modem Netgear CVG G Network adapter nForce i Motherboard Asus P N-e sli Hope you can will help me nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have a desktop computer that I usually connect through ethernet to my home network using a d-link powerline adapter The other night it just randomly stopped working and had been working all day previously I have been looking for a fix for two days now and have achieved nothing I reset the resetlog txt using command prompt I have assured that my adapter is configured to automatically assign an IP address I have used a restore point to return my computer to a time when the internet was working and I have also refreshed Windows currently on build and none of this has Network 10 not windows even did refresh fix a of Issue, Unidentified fixed my issue I have an external wireless antenna that works fine and I get wifi through it without a problem As I'm sure you have already guessed I am not the most technically proficient person but I feel that I have exhausted all available resources to try to fix my problem so I come here asking for help Code Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users User gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Unidentified Network Issue, even a refresh of windows 10 did not fix Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -DE- -A - -FA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - - C- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address -DE- -A - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ac c d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- C-DC- - -DE- -A - -F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - - - C- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b fd b cf a cc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- C-DC- - -DE- -A - -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - C- A- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E DE F- FB - A-B EA- B AB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EFC F - A - -AF A- C E DF BAB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users User gt

A:Unidentified Network Issue, even a refresh of windows 10 did not fix

If you attempt to troubleshoot the connection, what error do you get?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36366-unidentified-network-issue-even-refresh-windows-10-did-not-fix.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone First post here and hopefully it will be a good one I ve had this problem now since Thursday night I literally 10. Internet...Limited Unidentified network...No Windows on tried every solution to fix this problem and nothing has worked Even tried to call Microsoft Comcast My ISP a local technician and they have no clue how to fix this I even did a fresh install of Windows to see if this works and my problem still persists My WIFI works through my laptop the Ethernet works on my laptop too but the Ethernet on my gaming PC just doesn t work If I type ipconfig release It works But if I try to renew it it says its unable to reach the DHCP server Any help would be appreciated Just ask if you need more information than what I provided My router modem is all in one Unidentified network...No Internet...Limited on Windows 10. provided by my ISP Comcast I believe it s called a Gateway PC Specs MOBO ASUS Z -A CPU I - K GPU GTX SSC RAM GB RAM OS WINDOWS Here is what I get when I type in ipconfig all Host Name DESKTOP-AOMBQO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address - A- A- D-FC-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address c c fd d c ff cd Preferred Temporary IPv Address c c fd ce a f f ff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe d c ff cd Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e aff feb dae DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- -AF-ED- - A- A- D-FC-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A - ED - -A F- DDADCB C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-internet-limited-on-windows-10.1168711/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone This is my first post so I hope I'm doing this correctly A few months ago we upgraded our modem router and got the Cisco DPC Our internet provider is Cox Communications We have several laptops in our home and connect to our WiFi with our smartphones fine However my laptop is unable to identify this new modem router The only way I am able to connect is to be directly connected through a ethernet cable I think that is what it is called It looks like a yellow phone cable I'm not very technologically savvy All I know is that this issue arose after we upgraded to this new Cisco modem-router Previously with our old router modem I was able to connect to the wireless just fine The antivirus software on my laptop is Avast Attached is 7) Unidentified Issue: Wireless (Windows Network a screen capture of my ipconfig when I am not connected by the ethernet cable as well as my ipconfig when I am connected second screen capture Any help is greatly appreciated Edit Attached is my Xirrus log as well I hope I am doing this all correctly Thank you everyone in advance

A:Wireless Issue: Unidentified Network (Windows 7)

Quote: Originally Posted by lovelygarden

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. A few months ago, we upgraded our modem/router and got the Cisco DPC 3825. Our internet provider is Cox Communications. We have several laptops in our home and connect to our WiFi with our smartphones fine. However, my laptop is unable to identify this new modem/router. The only way I am able to connect is to be directly connected through a ethernet cable (I think that is what it is called? It looks like a yellow phone cable?).

I'm not very technologically savvy. All I know is that this issue arose after we upgraded to this new Cisco modem-router. Previously, with our old router/modem, I was able to connect to the wireless just fine.

The antivirus software on my laptop is Avast!

Attached is a screen capture of my ipconfig when I am not connected by the ethernet cable, as well as my ipconfig when I am connected (second screen capture). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Attached is my Xirrus log as well. I hope I am doing this all correctly. Thank you everyone in advance.

Ok, you have the tunnel adaptor problem which is nothing new.

To get rid of all those extra adaptors which is the cause of the connection problem you will need to run the file below which should delete all those extra adaptors.

There is a 32 and 64 bit version, you need to extract the file you need for your system "32 or 64 bit" and run the file then reboot.

It may require a reboot and a couple of tries to get rid of them all. Post the ipconfig/all again after you do that.

You will definitely want to update the firmware on this new router so as to make it compatible with your lap top which should prevent the problem from occurring again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308329-wireless-issue-unidentified-network-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Have upgraded a satellite laptop to Windows 10 and now I get the message unidentified network.....wireless works fine, router ok with other wired and wifi connections.....

yhe laptop Satellite C55-A (PSCG6)‎

says compatable ble for windows 10 upgrade
http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swup...=en&country=US

although the website says US and the laptop bought in the UK

any help with the Ethernet card / connection would be appreciated.....have removed in device manager and reinstalled driver from toshiba website...

A:Satellite C55-A - unidentified network after upgrade to Windows 10

Uninstall the LAN or Wifi drivers from Control Panel.
Let Windows Update install the latest drivers.

If it still happens check the Microsoft forums for a solution.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90929-Satellite-C55-A-unidentified-network-after-upgrade-to-Windows-10
Relevancy 58.48%

So, today i got home and jumped on my Dell laptop (Latitude E6530) I realized i had the yellow alert "thingy" on the Ethernet symbol. I then clicked on it and it says Unidentified Network, no internet connection. i looked up a bunch of solutions and nothing helped. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they know a possible solution.
Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64281-error-unidentified-network-ethernet-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi after trying to set something with netsh in a dos script I can t access internet anymore nothing wrong in quot local area connection quot properties ipv - ip and dns is set to auto Tried disabling dhcp client service and restarted my router I get quot quot Local Area Connection quot doesn t have a valid IP configuration quot when I try to quot diagnose the connection quot it doesnt fix the problem and suggest me to restart router oh and I noticed Autoconfiguration IPv Address thats weird im pretty sure thats wasnt there Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b c bbb Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap DCD B- B E- AC-A E - A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B F -CD D- CD-A CE- AE DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users User gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b c bbb Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap DCD B- B E- AC-A E - A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix windows 7 No access unidentified , network, internet Tunnel adapter isatap B F -CD D- CD-A CE- AE DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix command in bat script I usednetsh interface ipv set address name quot name quot source windows 7 , unidentified network, No internet access static address addr mask mask gateway gate netsh interface ipv set dns name quot name quot static dns netsh interface ipv add dns name quot name quot dns index netsh interface ipv set dns name quot Local Area Connection quot static quot quot netsh interface ipv add dns name quot Local Area Connection quot quot quot index and I did that http pocketpccentral net blog windows- -unidentified-network-limited-access-no-internet-connection-problem-resolved minitoolbox log MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by User administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled ProxyServer Hosts content www applian securesites com localhost www applian securesites windows 7 , unidentified network, No internet access com IP Configuration Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Local Area Connection Connected TeamViewer VPN Adapter Local Area Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ----------------------------------pushd interface ipv resetset global icmpredirects enabledpopd End of IPv configurationWindows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled NoEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TeamViewer VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-B - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled YesEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address - -B - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c bbb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - B- F- - - B- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip EnabledTunnel adapter isatap DCD B- B E- AC-A E - A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATA... Read more

A:windows 7 , unidentified network, No internet access

Interesting problem.
1. What I would do first is make sure that your DHCP service is running.
2. Next I would make sure that your ip settings (Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings, then right click the Local Area Connection you are having a problem with, then select Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IP 4) and click the properties button just below to the right)
3. Make sure that "Obtain an IP address automatically" is selected.
4. Same for DNS just below that.
5. Click OK all the way back to Network Connections and close that window.
6. Open a command prompt window (Start -> then type cmd in the text window and press enter)
7. At the C:/> prompt (or what ever yours shows) type ipconfig /release (then press enter)
8. When that completes type ipconfig /renew (then press enter)
9. Then type ipconfig to see what ip4 address you have (the 169 addresses are automatically loaded if windows does not detect a dhcp source for an ip)
10. Check to see if your ip address is what is expected from your router/modem or local provider. If not what is it?
11. If not, the next step I would take is to try a system restore, going back to the point closed to, but just before you ran your netsh script.
12. Then repeat steps 1 -> 10. If you do have an expected ip addr. after that, try pinging something like google. (at cmd prompt type ping www.google.com)
13 If that works hooray! Try browsing. If that works then happy browsing. If not try back and we will see what else we can do.

Note: Doing all this (if you haven't done it already) presupposes that your network and and internet hardware are working just fine. Something that just came to mind also is that (just by coincidence) your nic may have started wigging out just after you ran your script. The script may or may not have had anything to do with it but since it happened right after or during the script, it might appear that the script caused the problem. I've had similar things happen like that before.

Good luck with your problem. Hope this helps.

rjh

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457489/windows-7-unidentified-network-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 58.48%

I've been googling for the past 4 hours on how to fix this darn problem, and I still haven't grasped the solution. I'm not too computer savvy but the funny thing is my 2 desktops connected to the router (wired) can get online, and my two laptops connected to the router (wired) can't get internet access at all. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Windows 7 Unidentified network, no internet access

Dear Joshyo10!!
I had the same problem but now solved.
Have a look at this: DNS server not responding with No Internet access
Follow as I did..Hope this will solve the problem...

A) What I did first was: RUN a command prompt with administrator access.
START> CMD > IPCONFIG/all
Then you will see physical address of your LAN card and Wireless Card..
1) Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection will have physical address as "D2-7F-55-Q0-M7-57". It is unique address. Similarly,
2) Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection will also have physical address as "00-1W-26-J6-1R-AV".
My wireless network was working nicely but i had problem with wired network.

B) So Next thing I did was, right clicked on
Then START > CMD > NCPA.CPL
Right click on Network Connection > Properties > Click on "Configure.." button > clcik on Advanced tab > Find the Network Address
Under Network address you will find the "Not Present" checked. Uncheck that by clicking the check button in front of a blank box.
In that box put the value as physical address of your network card without dash (for the network which is not working...LAN Ethernet card address in your case) i.e.D27F55Q0M757
I clicked OK and waited for a minute...
And my internet started...
Hope this will work for you as well...
Best wishes!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by joshyo10

I've been googling for the past 4 hours on how to fix this darn problem, and I still haven't grasped the solution. I'm not too computer savvy but the funny thing is my 2 desktops connected to the router (wired) can get online, and my two laptops connected to the router (wired) can't get internet access at all. Any help would be much appreciated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74729-windows-7-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have several different OS's including MAC OS Lion Windows Home Windows XP and Windows Professional Starting yesterday my Pro box all of sudden could not connect to the internet I keeps spinning and spinning and it says OS's Professional. 7 work Unidentified Other Network using Windows quot Unidentified Network quot I looked online and there seems to be several Unidentified Network using Windows 7 Professional. Other OS's work causes of this but I can't find a fix to my particular problem Here are some of things I've tried so far Power cycle both the router and the cable modem - Didn't fix it Plug Windows Pro directly into the cable modem after power cycle - Didn't fix it ipconfig release - Says an address has not been associated with an endpoint ipconfig renew - Just sits there an eventually times out ipconfig flushdns - Didn't help A bunch of netsh commands - Didn't work Updated the LAN driver with the latest from Intel - Acer has one from but the intel one is Still didn't work Updated the BIOS of the computer - Didn't work Disabled Windows firewall - Didn't help Uninstall McAfee - Didn't help I think I've listed everything I've tried Again this is only happening on my Pro box All my other OS's are working when they were directly plugged into the modem and the via the router All the updates on the box from Windows are the most up to date I didn't install anything or change anything that I know of One thing I noticed is that strangely enough the box says Unidentified Network and No network access in the bottom right icon but then amazingly an update was able to be downloaded from Windows Update and it installed Very very strange because I don't seem to have a valid IP address when I ran ipconfig the IP was a address Does anyone have any ideas Very frustrating

A:Unidentified Network using Windows 7 Professional. Other OS's work

Do you see this in 'Network and Sharing Center'

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217292-unidentified-network-using-windows-7-professional-other-oss-work.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Laptop has connected to this network before when I first set it up. Now when ever I attempt to connect it stays on unidentified network, public network. In advanced sharing settings it is set to public network as current profile.

I have no access to the gpedit or local policy's, as I have tried following other tutorials on this site. what else can I try?

A:Unidentified network, Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit

Quote: Originally Posted by Ausghostdog

Laptop has connected to this network before when I first set it up. Now when ever I attempt to connect it stays on unidentified network, public network. In advanced sharing settings it is set to public network as current profile.

I have no access to the gpedit or local policy's, as I have tried following other tutorials on this site. what else can I try?

click here http://www.xpresslearn.com/networkin...tified-network ;for me worked

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217367-unidentified-network-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I have a pavilion dv6 - windows 7 home premium. everything was working fine till recently but since this morning my wireless connection is coming up as 'public network' with an error message 'unidentifed network - no internet access'. its connected to router as usual with strong signals and other computers on wireless are working just fine. I did not change anything on my laptop but now I have tried all the solutions mentioned on internet. restarting/uninstalling-installing drivers/ updating drivers/called HP support/safemode networking but nothing has worked so far. I am running AVG antivirus if thats important. any other ideas will be much appreciated. and how can i change a public network to my home netowrk in this case??thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:unidentified network - no internet access windows 7

Hi, It may be an idea to set up a Static IP address to see if this will allow you to connect. Open windows Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Centre.  Click Change adapter settings and in the following window, right click your wireless connection and select Properties.  Left click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to highlight it ( click on the wording and not the box with the tick ) then click the Properties button.  Click the radio button next to 'Use the following IP Address and then enter the following values. IP Address                                192.168.1.110Subnet Mask                             255.255.255.0Default Gateway                        192.168.1.1 Also, assign the following DNS Server Addresses Preferred DNS Server               208.67.222.222             ( These belong to OpenDNS )Alternate DNS Server                208.67.220.220 After entering these values, remember to click OK to each open Window, before restarting the notebook. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-windows-7/td-p/1050257
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi after trying to set something with netsh in a dos script I can't access internet anymore nothing wrong in quot local area connection quot properties ipv - ip and dns is set to auto Tried disabling dhcp client service and restarted my router I get quot quot Local 7 No unidentified windows network, internet access Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot when I try to quot diagnose the connection quot it doesnt fix windows 7 unidentified network, No internet access the problem and suggest me to windows 7 unidentified network, No internet access restart router oh and I noticed Autoconfiguration IPv Address thats weird thats wasnt there Code Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b c bbb Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap DCD B- B E- AC-A E - A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B F -CD D- CD-A CE- AE DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users User gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b c bbb Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap DCD B- B E- AC-A E - A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B F -CD D- CD-A CE- AE DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix command in bat script I used Code netsh interface ipv set address name quot name quot source static address addr mask mask gateway gate netsh interface ipv set dns name quot name quot static dns netsh interface ipv add dns name quot name quot dns index netsh interface ipv set dns name quot Local Area Connection quot static quot quot netsh interface ipv add dns name quot Local Area Connection quot quot quot index and I did that Windows Unidentified Network Limited Access No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

A:windows 7 unidentified network, No internet access

Hello UnderPL Welcome to the Seven Forums!

The first method for restoring a working connection would be to shut everything down. Powering off the desktop or laptop, unplugging or switching the router off, and unplugging or turning the modem(dsl or cable generally).

You can unplug the ethernet cable from router to modem while that generally isn't necessary with it unplugged. Once all that is taken care of you wait about a half minute and then either turn on or replug the modem used and allow that to resync with the ISP(Internet Service Provider).

That will usually only take a matter of seconds to see that happen while waiting a full minute will insure that is complete. The next step from there is to turn on or replug the router and allow that to pose as the pc in order to establish a private IP. A new Mac address and IP will then be seen to.

The last step is powering up the pc hopefully having the network discovery box in the internet connections settings checked for automatic discovery. Once you are back at the desktop you then go into the Control Panel>Network & Sharing Center to run the Network troubleshooter if the network icon hasn't already turned from a red X to green by then.

This should automatically detect and apply repair for the active connection that was re-established. You'll know when you see the Home, Work, Public screen appear for selecting the type of network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/235778-windows-7-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi URGENT DV6 7 HELP WINDOWS FRANTIC NETWORK! HP UNIDENTIFIED DAYS I'm FRANTIC RIGHT NOW I think my computer is about to suffer a crash I think it should be anytime I don't know what is going on I started having ths prblem last saturday when I lost internet connection I have an hp dv and the internet was ok for the rest of computers in house but my computer lost internet It then regained it and then a while later lost access down to bottom right where I look at how many bars URGENT HELP FRANTIC WINDOWS 7 HP DV6 DAYS UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK! I have when i hovered my mouse over it when the internet was not available to me after hovering mouse ovr it it said Unidentified Netword I use a wireless network WINDSTREAM which has never been very good but this is very strange all other comps work but mine still intermittently loses connection and if it has connection it has or bars It will lose connection to wireless internet and then will have an orange triangle but i can see the bars to the internet service indicating that it still sees wireless service but when hovering my mouse over it says Unidentified Network I can hit connect or disconnect and then connect and then it will sometimes connect and sometimes it will completely go to a RED indicator indicating that it doesn't even see service PLEASE PLEASE HELP PLEASE I use windows and I use an HP DV Laptop with Windows as specified i dont know how many times Idon't know what I could set to fix this or if this thing is a hunk of garbage PLEASE PLEASE HELP TY

A:URGENT HELP FRANTIC WINDOWS 7 HP DV6 DAYS UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK!

Hi highfrequencyventila, let me try to help you with your problem. The first thing to check if your wifi network adapter on the bottom is connected/seated properly, dust free just to make sure we elminate the red X indicator which means it is turning off abnormally or a loose somewhere in between. Let us know how it went of any changes after doing this fix as I'm sure more suggestions would come as your thread would be monitored by the members/staff of BC community.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02842252.pdf

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537649/urgent-help-frantic-windows-7-hp-dv6-days-unidentified-network/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone my roommates laptop has been having issues connecting ever since i got rid of the old Modem Router ISP ComcastOld Modem Router access/ Windows Local network Unidentified vista ArrisNew ModemMotorola SB SURFboard DOCSIS Cable ModemNew RouterASUS Dual-Band Wireless-N Router RT-N U Laptop SpecsWindows Vista Home PremiumToshiba satellite a Processor intel celeron cpu ghzRAM GB bit OSSo what happened is I decide to buy my own modem and router returned the one comcast was charging me for I bought the ones stated above My computer and my laptop had little to no issues connecting to the new router My roommates connected then said local access limited or no connectivity It was connected for a little bit I Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network tried Windows update cause I noticed a lot of things was out dated I thought it was fixed he told me the other day it wasn't Well now I Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network cant get a connection at all What I have tried Google the problemI have been on Microsoft sites and various sites trying to fix it no luck Anti virus and firewall NO NORTON or McAfee installed Windows firewall disabled Installed malwarebytes No spyware malware dected Direct connection to modemI unhooked the router and plugged the ethernet cable to the laptop directly no luck Ive disabled the IPv connection No luck there either Updated the driversAtheros ARG EG wireless network adpaterRealtek RTL EFamily PCI-E Fast ethernet NICNo luck after that eitherScreen shothttp s postimg org h n p er message edited by Authority

A:Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network

Ok....Now the laptop not connecting can you go back into network and connection sharing center, click on "manage connection" and then right click on the wireless connection, make sure both versions 4 and 6 are check and under the tcp/ip properties for both IPV4 & IPV 6 are set to "obtain an address automatically" and below to make sure it is set to obtain DNS server automatically. clicking ok. If that does nothing try setting the router to a specific channel rather than auto.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/windows-vista-local-access-unidentified-network/13550.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I'm having with my Windows HP laptop I've recently moved into student accommodation which requires us to register for the Internet Studentcom and when running on Windows my laptop HP G - SA cannot find the internet connection I've tried a number of things to remedy this - disabling Avast Shields running a Norton Removal Tool Norton was pre-installed when I first got it but I installed Avast instead as I've never had any problems with it disabling Internet Unidentified Windows (No Access) Premium Home Network 7 Windows Firewall as well as the netsh winsock reset command and a few others - I've been trying since Saturday to no avail Unidentified Network (No Internet Access) Windows 7 Home Premium so it's no wonder I can't remember some of them This problem isn't just confined to my laptop or my room either - my flatmate in the room upstairs has the same issue - the only way the Unidentified Network (No Internet Access) Windows 7 Home Premium two of us can get on the internet is by using an Unidentified Network (No Internet Access) Windows 7 Home Premium Ubuntu disc which is okay but we'd rather prefer to use Windows than have to keep booting up using a CD Also the internet connection occasionally shows as connected the little icon at the bottom comes up with 'Unidentified Network - Internet Access' generally about minutes or so after we connect but when we try to use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer to access the internet we just get error messages specifically Error in Chrome Just to add - this is the second year I've stayed here and I had no problems whatsoever with Keycom our previous ISP here and this is a wired internet connection Any help would be much appreciated

A:Unidentified Network (No Internet Access) Windows 7 Home Premium

Try resetting your network adapter by right clicking your wireless connection icon in the notification area and click troubleshooting. If That doesn't work, go into device manager and uninstall network adapter and reboot computer. If that doesn't work either then go to HP's website and look for the latest network adapter driver to download and install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/187001-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi i have one bothersome problem with Windows and also Vista ok i have laptops one running Windows -bit and the other Vista -bit for some reason out of the blue both machines stopped getting access to the net and i have this ongoing message saying quot Limited Access No Connection quot and or quot Unidentified Network quot with the wireless with Network/Limited Connection issue Unidentified or No Access Windows 7 connections the strainge thing is both laptop sees my router but it would not connect NOW i have other laptops my old Compaq Presario V and a Dell Insparion D both Running Windows XP Pro and they connect to the router and my mom s Dell Mini running Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7 Windows -bit that too connects to the router i ve tried every method possible even googled solutions to find a way to Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7 fix the problem but to no avail since i have yet to a straight answer to fix it BTW i dont know if it has to do with teh fact that the laptops are running a -bit operating system and theres some incompatibility somewhere i mean im bout on the verge of giving up on fixing this and just wipe em both out and do a full re-installation as a last resort any pointers of how to quot properly quot fix this network issue nbsp

A:Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7

Hi Shadow,
I had a very similar issue when reinstalling xp pro onto a oldish laptop, again as with you my laptop could see my router but not connect, (a yellow triangle icon)

This is what I had to do perhaps/ I hope, it will work for you.

First I found a bit of free software that does not install but when run will give you all the info you need to know about your laptop, sorry was a while ago just google there is more than one.

This will let you know the exact wireless card you have in your system, then and it took me a bit of time to google and find the right one, download the latest driver for the wireless card.

Now I could connect by plugging a cable in and downloaded the update directly to the laptop in mention, however after running it it still did not work, so for some strange reason I re-downloaded it from another computer, copied it onto a pen drive and ran it from there and it worked.

Finding the correct driver can be a little tireless wading through the oh download and pay for my brilliant driver updater software, but somewhere in the middle of all that crap will be a genuine driver you need.

another option is go direct to the laptop manufacturers website and check if they have the driver's.

Worth a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-limited-access-or-no-connection-issue-with-windows-7.961935/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey all constantly disconnecting Unidentified 7 Windows and Network issue, keeps reconnecting I found this forum while googling possible solutions to this problem but with no luck About a week ago after getting a new ISP and router my computer connected fine to the new wireless network my old ISP was Verizon and we had wireless DSL and my PC had no problems It went into sleep mode some time later and since then I ve been having this nonstop unidentified network problem that I ve tried multiple Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly things to fix but nothing has worked so far Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly It basically drops out the connection and my home network becomes unidentified and doesn t work Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly and then randomly reconnects and it happens over and over Sometimes when it connects it connects to NetworkProfile which seems to be exactly the same as my router s connection so I don t know if that s like a duplicate connection that was made or not I have no clue All I ve pinpointed so far is that it s definitely a computer issue My older laptop also Windows my iPhone my dad s iPhone and even his old Vista netbook can connect with no issues but with my PC it ll be connected then some time later it ll disconnect and say the network is unidentified and public This happens repeatedly It goes from this To this I also tried connecting to another network a hotspot created by my iPhone and it did the same thing so it s definitely not my new wireless service Might be a problem between my computer and wireless networks in general So I ve tried many different things and nothing has worked This includes uninstalling and reinstalling my old network adapter checking for drivers resetting the IP stack deleted Bonjour many things that come up when you google the problem I even got a new not too expensive thankfully network adapter and it still occurs It s irritating because this sounds like a very common issue with Windows and even looks like Was hoping some people could help out and help me pinpoint the issue here because this has been driving me nuts for a long time My last resort would be to reinstall Windows or do a factory reset but apparently that doesn t fix the issue and knowing my luck it d be the same with me Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read this and help me nbsp

A:Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-unidentified-network-issue-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-constantly.1149651/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an HP Pavillion PC which had Windows Vista Home Premium with all patches up to date. I upgraded to Windows 7 last weekend and ever since every time I reboot NW access fails. In Network Sharing there are 2 networks "Network 2" and "Unidentified Network". I have to disable the NW Adapter and enable each time to get rid of the "Unidentified Network" and recover NW access.
How can I fix this?

A:Unidentified Network appears every Windows 7 reboot and stops NW access

I have the same problem with Vista and 2008 Server.The issue is that the ROUTE table contains a phantom persistent default route 0.0.0.0 to one of the network interface cards.  This activates the "Unidentified Network" (Public) every time the network connection becomes active.  Sharing permissions are turned off.My solution is to use the Windows Command Screen as Administrator and remove all default routes.   ROUTE DELETE 0.0.0.0This removes the default routes from all network interfaces.  You must then reapply the necessary default routes to your interfaces (Do not use address of the network adapter as the default).  If you have an isolated network (without any router, firewall, or gateway) with more than one computer -- I do this in a development laboratory -- is to choose for default address for Vista, 2008, Win-7, to be the IPv4 address of any other attached network interface.I don't know why Microsoft deciced to make the default routes 0.0.0.0 persist in the routing table instead of just being bound to the network adapter.  The network stack used by XP, 2000, 2003 systems do not have this problem. I hope this helps!Good systems are supportable

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3f8999b6-495d-4065-9825-2271b4c898f6/unidentified-network-appears-every-windows-7-reboot-and-stops-nw-access?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.19%

Pls help me out with the fine. is Network working internet 7 Windows Issue but unidentified following Windows unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine Unable to create hotspot What to do now IPv and IPv shows no internet connectivity C Users HOME gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HOME-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter netAccess Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description netAccess Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Contro ller NDIS Physical Address - - - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e b b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - Windows 7 unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine. - - - F- -FB- - - - - D- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CC -FEBA- AA -B E - B BBFA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B -A DD- BFB-B A-F BA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Windows 7 unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine.

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please check out this Tutorial.
Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wireless Hotspot

Another one here:
http://sanjutalks.wordpress.com/2012...se-in-android/

You may also check out on Connectify.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301605-windows-7-unidentified-network-issue-but-internet-working-fine.html
Relevancy 57.19%

since the upgrade I have been unable to connect to the Internet.

The errors I get
- one or more network protocols are missing on this computer - windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity

I have tried
- netsh windsock reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew

If you need screen shots or addition data, let me know.

Thanks in advance

A:Unidentified network - no internet access (Moved from Windows 10 forum)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-moved-from-windows-10-forum.1162000/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Win system Everything was working until a few days ago and then the Ethernet connection stopped The activity LEDs work but the Ethernet will not connect The Wifi works fine through the same router as the Ethernet is plugged into Here is what I did so far Rebooted PC full power cycle Rebooted router MSCONFIG to disable all unknown services and apps Replaced Ethernet cable Tried a different on Unidentified works fine - Ethernet Network Windows Wifi 7 - port Confirmed Ethernet driver is latest version Deleted Ethernet driver anyway and reinstalled Reset IP Stack Set TCP IPv to static IP and defined the DNS server Confirmed the adapter's advanced settings were Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine correct Connected to a USB Ethernet adapter that I know works and has worked before on Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine this PC Nothing I did in the above list worked - Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine Ethernet does not connect The activity LEDs are working The Network Connections shows a plugged-in Ethernet as an Unidentified Network Here is the IPCONFIG ALL Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name London Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- -D -B - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc a ea c d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-E - C- -D -B - -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASIX AX A USB to Fast Ethernet Ada pter Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address BC- - -CE-CA- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December- - PM Lease Expires December- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-E - C- -D -B - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address BC- - -CE-CA- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F BE -BD - D - E - E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E F A - C - C- DE- A DDA FFD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I am a total loss I thought it was a hardware problem at first but the fact that it does not work on a USB Ethernet adapter tells me the problem lies somewhere in Windows Any help is appreciated Konacq

A:Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine

What router is it and have you tried plugging your modem into the pc it self to after rebooting both devices sans router? Could your router have like enabled mac filtering perhaps?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387345-windows-7-unidentified-network-ethernet-wifi-works-fine.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey I have a laptop running Windows Unidentified Windows Vista Ipconfig Network Wireless Problem Parameters with Correct Vista with all latest updates from Microsoft and I have an issue connecting to a wireless network When I connect to the wireless network with quot Excelent quot signal strength Windows gets all the correct parameters IP Address Gateway Subnet mask DNS everything is exactly Windows Vista Wireless Unidentified Network Problem with Correct Ipconfig Parameters the same just the IP ending changes of course of another computer running Windows However the Windows Network and Sharing Center shows quot Identifying quot for around s and then shows quot Unidentified Network public network quot and the laptop can t ping even the Gateway that it s showing on the quot ipconfig all quot On the router side it shows a list of connected devices showing the computer in question as connected but it can t ping it neither Does anyone has a clue on how I can solve this issue This computer connects to other wireless networks other computers access the Internet thru this same wireless network and this computer connects to the Internet thru the same router using a cable Thanks a lot VT nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-wireless-unidentified-network-problem-with-correct-ipconfig-parameters.1016994/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I got my comcast internet connection this morning; I setup my wireless connection and its connecting fine with my office computer. Unfortunately personal computer (HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC in which Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2 is installed) is not able to connect with the router. I even tried connecting my modem directly - NO Luck. It was connecting for couple of minutes and getting disconnected.

Both my office computer and my iPod are connecting fine with the wireless network but my personal computer is showing Connected (local access only) icon in the system tray. When I mouse over, its showing "Unidentified Network (<network name>"
Is there any way to resolve it?

Thanks in advance
Subeesh

A:Unidentified Network issue when connecting wireless n/w from Windows Vista Home Prem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-issue-when-connecting-wireless-n-w-from-windows-vista-home-prem.1012965/
Relevancy 54.18%

I've freshly installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit on my system that previously had Ubuntu installed, and prior to ubuntu had win7 ultimate installed. With the fresh install of win7, I receive an unidentified network/no network access issue.

Heres a list of things ive tried:

- reset the network adapter
- restarted the modem and the router
- messed around with homegroup
- reset tcp/ip
- tried connecting to a specific ip/dns/default gateway (which i retrieved with a laptop)
- ip /release /renew although i wasnt successful

Ive tried almost every single thing I could find on google. Nothing works. I connect fine on ubuntu and I connected fine on ultimate.

I havent tried installing drivers though. Because I cannot access the internet on that machine to install those drivers. Help is much much appreciated as I am tired of ubuntu.

Thanks,

j

A:Fresh install of Win7 *unidentified network/no network access*

Welcome to the forums bietzshe,

I don't know much about 7 Enterprise, but I imagine you would need to install the Lan/Network drivers for your Motherboard.
Is your motherboard the P67 FTW? Do you have a driver CD for it? If not then you will need to head over to EVGA - EVGA Download Center find your motherboard from the drop down list and download and install the Network driver there.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292757-fresh-install-win7-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Forums I'll start off with the scenario that brings me here Today I managed to redecorate my bedroom where my computer sat on top of a shaky wooden desk That desk is now gone caput and replaced by a much bigger sturdier and prettier glass replacement Before I dissasembled the computer to re-decorate I was able to browse the internet at ease There were no Network; - Powerline Unidentified No Network Adapters Access problems at all However after the new desk was setup - and all Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters wires replaced in their correct slots Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters I find that I am unable to connect to the internet or Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters even the house's network For the past year I have been wired to the router using a RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC It was plugged into an extension cord in my room into the Ethernet port in the back of my computer Downstairs it's twin was situated no less than feet away from the router - plugged into the first port Now when I boot up the computer the network notification presents the following message quot Unidentified Network No network access quot and sometimes presents a yellow next to it So I am reduced to typing on my mother's laptop - which has no problems connecting to the network I am able to use the ipconfig release command but unable to use the renew - it hangs in the command prompt then tells me that the DHCP server cannot be located The IP beforehand was reverted to - before all of this I was I've been attempting all sorts of fixes for the past hours To no avail any help would be greatly appreciated EDIT I'll also mention that the DNS server and IP settings are set to automatic EDIT Windows Network Diagnostics have determined that quot Local Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration

A:Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters

The router itself would present you with a new Local Area IP, thus the prefix of 192.168.0.*, so I can almost guarantee that it's not your computer acting up. Personally, I'm not too sure on why or how it gave your computer the middle-finger, but it seems to be the culprit..

I'd try resetting your router back to Factory Default settings (Unplug its power source for about 5-10 minutes), plugging everything back in, and seeing how it goes from there.

EDIT::

Also, when you get the chance, I'd check to see if there are any available firmware updates for your router... just saying. Hope all is well mate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200400-unidentified-network-no-network-access-powerline-adapters.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Aight let the fun begin When I turn on my computer I roll some dice to see if my internet is going to work If I role anything besides a my internet doesn't work It starts with trying to identify a public network and continues to try to identify it for hours on end I have tried many solutions spent hours on the phone with HP customer support linksys router support my internet company time warner cable and many other chat sites which as you can see since im here have had no success On my network Unidentified Networks followed by by Network Network Public followed Multiple Vista and XP computer as well as a Xbox I've tried every combination on the network to see if something unplugged would fix the problem no success The best part is when my Vista computer is connected to the internet sometimes my xbox cannot Unidentified Network followed by Public Network followed by Multiple Networks connect to xbox live When I unplug the Vista ethernet cord or disable the internet connection my suddenly can connect to my router and the internet flawlessly There are no conflicting IP addresses on my system I already checked for that Identifying Public Network Solutions Unidentified Network followed by Public Network followed by Multiple Networks to try and fix this None of them work effectively if I say a prayer it might work for half a day then go poopy again -Restart modem -Unplug modem -Restart router ive checked for any router fixes updates as well as bought a new router to see if helped no success -Unplug router -Static IP Fun fact about this one I made a static IP doing all that good stuff even have my port forwarded which is a Linksys and does a funky thing I am allowed to play online games and am also able to use instant chat messangers like skype aim and msn However when I attempt to connect to browsers such as Firefox Internet Explorer Google Chrome Opera or any other web-based browser it shows a constant loading screen followed by a unable to connect to internet screen If I take off the Static IP it goes back to trying to identify a public or unidentified network -Disable Enable the Network -Uninstall Network Driver Reinstall -Update Driver -Diagnose -Restart Computer -Went into regedit and tried their registry edit solution Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers Fun thing about this one When doing their solution to this it had no effect When I am not recieving a Public or Unidentified network my Vista loves to throw a curve ball at me and tell me their are multiple networks connected I've tried directly connecting my Vista computer to my modem thinking quot Hey that should fix it quot Wrong Any help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance I'll try to check this post as often as I can but since my Vista computer cannot connect to web browsers I'll have to check it when my XP computer isnt in use by another family member Thanks again

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/197968-unidentified-network-followed-public-network-followed-multiple-networks.html
Relevancy 53.75%

For some time now my internet would be fine for 1hour after booting up my computer and then the network would then fail to be recognized. I have followed multiple tutorials on the internet, with countless suggestions, where other people have had the same problem. Some seem to fix the problem for a short time and then it comes back a week later.

Currently I am having to use my phone to connect to the internet.

Any changes I have made to try and fix it I have reversed. Except when I formatted my PC to try and fix it but again was only temp fix.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Willing to remote if needed but do not know how good the connection would be through my phone.

Many Thanks

A:Unidentified Network - No Network Access - Win7 64bit

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would help me to diagnose this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243224-unidentified-network-no-network-access-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I've instaled TuneUp Utilities on my PC. It was working fine. Then I've run some optimisations and now I don't have an internet connection.

I've tried all the fixes in the site, but nothing works.

Here is the info:

" Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . :
%.`#(-PC Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter %'&(g- ,`%&." "`j'* :

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 94-39-E5-28-84-C2
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 04, 2015 3:05:19 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 04, 2015 5:26:48 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled"
Please save me!

A:Unidentified network / Limited Connectivity to a wireless network

moved to network forum

those utilities can often cause issues - if they do a registry clean-up - not recommended

lets start with a tcp/ip reset

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista - Windows 7 - Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/unidentified-network-limited-connectivity-to-a-wireless-network-979730.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Guys and Gals So i have a problem trying to connect unidentified home change network network to - Public cant my PC Via Ethernet wireless can connect but i m wanting wired as the signal strength is poor and of cause wired is faster ive never had wired connection on my PC and the problem has only just came about after moving home Public network - unidentified network cant change to home i digress so in network sharing its is showing my wired connection as unidentified public network - IPv Connectivity - no network access IPv Connectivity - no network access Now i have tried the following - resetting router i have fibre so reset both - reset pc - uninstalled reinstalled and udated drivers for Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller - turned off firewall - turned of anti virus anti spyware - manually assigned IP - automatically assigned IP - installed protocol on IPv and IPv - deleted network from my computer and reconnected - changed my security settings to low disabled then reset them back after no change ip config - Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Ryan gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c f c fd e d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b fe a Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap F D- - - C -AD A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fb f f ff Link-local IPv Address fe f f ff Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap FF F D- BF - A-A D- A F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap E A - - BD -B - B FDD A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Any help with this would be great as i said i have a connection via wifi so im not gonna hang my self just yet but would really like some insight into the problem Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hey,

I have recently (After yesterday's Windows Update) gotten a weird problem

As I log in normally to my computer, the Network Sharing Center doesnt respond, nor does the icon down in the taskbar. I have tried the solutions you can find by googling to fix this - none helped.

That is not everything, every application that wants to use internet connection freezes as they try to do so.

I got it fixed temporarily by using the System Restore to restore the system to the point before the Windows Updates were applied, but that is not an option anymore, because the restore point is no longer there.

Windows does not let me uninstall updates in Safe Mode, and as Windows Update accesses internet to do so - it too freezes during a normal login.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 network problem

Have you tried safe mode with networking?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/29272-windows-7-ultimate-x64-network-problem.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone quick story to detail my exact problem though this thread showed the same problem with no working solution for me I installed Win on a separate partition use Win Ultimate x normally and was using it It worked fine I connected my iPhone to charge it when the phone automatically activated a tethering app This instantly switched my wired network connection to the USB connection which I immediately disabled As soon as I did that my wired connection my hard wire internet not the tethered iPhone connection stopped working and showed the network only as quot Unidentified network Thus the error Now I followed all of the instructions in the previously linked thread I even reformatted my hard drive to for Unidentified network home error Network no avail Microsoft support wants me to pay not gonna happen Furthermore I know it isn't a router or actual network issue because my desktop is the only machine with that problem My xbox was streaming TV over the same network when it all occurred and Unidentified Network error for home network it is doing so as I type this I switched the cables obviously rebooted multiple time the whole nine yards What makes it worse is every time I try to diagnose the problem Windows just tells me to reset my router I even tried that but obviously it didn't work After every reboot my IP changes back to a address Every time I manually set it no change It seems like no matter what I do it won't get fixed The only thing Microsoft support said I should do is search for updated drivers for my NIC This shouldn't be necessary since I reformatted once before and I didn't need to update my drivers to access the internet I'm about a day away from just scrapping the whole thing for parts Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Unidentified Network error for home network

It sounds like your machine is having a hard time picking up the router. The 169 address is what you get when the router isn't being picked up by the machine. It's like a generic IP that Msoft uses when nothing is available.

You also take your chances plugging anything Apple into a Windows PC, seems to be when the problem started. That is what the entire Bonjour fiasco is about.

Have you tried updating the firmware on your router because something doesn't seem right there.

Updating the drivers might also be good advice. You haven't listed any system specs so I can't do that for you.

If all else fails you could try typing your default gateway from your router into your IPv4 settings window. The link below shows you how.

http://pocketpccentral.net/blog/2009...blem-resolved/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221844-unidentified-network-error-home-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there I noticed there was another front page thread that was a similar problem to this but I didn t want to hijack the thread A few days ago after having my PC Windows turned off for about days due to not having a monitor I turned it on and suddenly was experiencing the little yellow triangle over my LAN connection in the windows tray It says Unidentified Network - No Network Access Im using a wired connection to the router which is a Belkin and I haven t had any issue like this in Network - Access No Solved: Network Unidentified the years i ve had this PC I have tried a few fixes that I found online but haven t had any luck and it has me completely stumped Im posting this off my MacBook Pro which is wireless and isn t having Solved: Unidentified Network - No Network Access any problems nor are any other wireless connections in the house iPhones PS etc I have AVG free installed on the PC I would post ipconfig results on here but im not sure how to do that because I have zero net access on the PC Thanks in advance for any help given nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

On my laptop I just noticed this appearing when I hover over the Wifi bar indicator in the right hand corner.

I have no way of deleting this connection, I also don't need it nor do I know how it got their in the first place. It also shows up as a Public network. Furthermore, in Network Connections it shows up as TAP - Windows Adapter V9. I can't delete it but I can disable it.

There is no option to remove from the Network and Sharing Centre. Any suggestions on how to delete/remove?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/396164-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hello everyone

i'm facing a big problem xD my laptop doesn't connect to my wireless network, neither by cable (wired). i dunno what happened to it, it was working good

i googled for a solution, but nothing worked

here's a photo to clear it a little bit more

what the hell did happen to my laptop!!? i didn't change network settings at all!
pls help me

thanks in advance

A:(Unidentified Network - No Network Access) Issue

Hi Asem and welcome to SF.
Read this tutorial and see if it helps- Internet Troubleshooting Guide[2]=Networking Internet

Also see- Unidentified Networks - Set as Private or Public[2]=Networking Internet
Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/155845-unidentified-network-no-network-access-issue.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi i have recently made hardware changes to one of my computer the build now looks (win7) unidentified network-no network access like this AMD - x - black edition Mobo - M N -VM unidentified network-no network access (win7) I formatted the drive and a fresh install of windows When the computer starts up for the first time all the drivers install properly but in the bottom left i have a message unidentified network-no network access (win7) saying unidentified network - no network access I have searched around online for possible solutions and here is what i have done so far - uninstall network driver and restart computer - made sure my internet protocol V is set to obtain ip automatically - reinstall windows - installing drivers for m n -vm manually I have computers on this router none of which needs the network connection to be set up with setup wizard This computer wont connect though I m all out of ideas as to why Windows IP Configuration Host Name vincent-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - C-C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ce cc a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -C - - - C-C - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E-DFB - FC -A EB- FB DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I can see that i don t have a default gateway When i try to make changes to internet protocol of ipv i choose an ip with the same first digits as the other computers in my house and setting the gateway to the same one as the others When i do this it freezes and says not responding nbsp

A:unidentified network-no network access (win7)

Do not start multiple threads on the same topic. You have replies here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-network-access-win7.968050/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello there; My windows 7 computer was connected to my home's wireless network yesterday perfectly normally. I drove last night to my mother's house and proceeded to connect to her own wifi router wirelessly. Although my sister's computer that's on windows 7 connects ably, and both our iPhones connect, my computer will not. My computer finds the network( it is unsecured without a password if that makes a difference ) connects, receives an ipv4 address in ipconfig, yet does not obtain Internet access. It labels the network as an "unidentified network". If you do know how to fix this problem, please let me know; I will be forever in your debt.

Ipconfig /release tells me "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation." Despite having run CMD as an administrator.

A:Unidentified Network Error on working network

You just need to re-identify the network with windows.

Last time you may have checked the bx at the bottom by mistake.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199070-unidentified-network-error-working-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone A few days ago my computer was infected with OpenCloudSecurity spyware and after multiple virus spyware No network access, network error unidentified scans I finally got rid of it Unfortunately sometime during this my Toshiba Satellite laptop No network access, unidentified network error stopped connecting to my WiFi I know it's not the router or modem because my phone and my brothers laptop the one I'm using now still connect fine I even tried connecting it directly to the modem I've searched up and down on different forums on the net for fixes and tried many of them unfortunately to no avail Usually when this stuff happened I would just restore my system Upon trying to my disappointment no restore points Damn I tried fixing my registry with WinASO Rescanned with my virus scanners Disabled and Re-enabled the Network card Reset the ipconfig setting under command prompt I'm at a loss at this point and it's been going on a week that it hasn't connected If anyone could help me you'd be a life saver Thanks a bunch P S - Not sure if this helps but here's my copy pasta'd ipconfig settings Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless No network access, unidentified network error LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - A- - -F -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN PCIE Netwo rk Adapter Physical Address - A- - -F -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d eb c aa Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - -E -CA-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A CD-D - C - D -CC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C windows system gt

A:No network access, unidentified network error

Welcome to SF,

Try resetting both TCP/IP and Winsock:
Click on Start=> All Programs => Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log press enter
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog press enter
Restart the computer after.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190406-no-network-access-unidentified-network-error.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I have a BT modem which incorporates a wireless modem and 4 switches for hardwiring via ethernet.

I have had to set up a long ethernet cable because the wireless signal does not reach. The ethernet cable is less than 100 m. (About 30m).

I know that the ethernet cable works properly. I know that the modem receives the internet becasue I can connect to it wirelessly via another computer (laptop).

I also know that the wireless modem requires a password.

When I connect with the ethernet cable and bring up 'Network and Sharing Centre'. I find that I get 'Unidentified Network' (Public Network). When I try repairing with Windows Network Diagnostics this does not solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Nevica

A:'Unidentified Network' in Network and Sharing Centre

If you are trying to setup a Wireless connection then the logon name and password must be EXACTLY the same as the original setup.
If you can position the receiver( the comp) close to the sender( router/modem) then when it is up and running you will be able to see how strong the signal is. Then when you move the comp to where it is going to be used you will see how much drop off you are getting. If you are getting substantial drop of in signal strength then look around for how to improve the signal .
NB. Signal strength can be affected by moving the Modem as little as 25mm.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/263793-unidentified-network-network-sharing-centre.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I got help to a BSOD problem in the crashes and bugs forum. Impressed with the help i received i was hoping to get help for a network issue ive had for a while.

I am using a cablet connection with my Zyxcel P2602 HWT modem. The modem/router is provided by my internet provider. It also supports a wireless connection.

When i start my computer both the connections is fine. After a while though the cabled connection is said to be unidentified. It works as a local connection, but has no internet access. When i run the diagnoses for the connection it again recognize the network and its working fine for a while until the same happens.

I tried upgrading the driver without luck. The version now says Atheros AR8121/AR88113/AR88114 PCI-E ethernet Controller (NDIS6.20
Driver date: 11.06.2009

If there is information needed ill be happy to provide.

A:Network problem - Unidentified cabled Network

Hello DonkrDjay, welcome to SF!

As a test, can you check what IP number your router gives you (through its DHCP server i hope) when it works well?
Then when it stops working... is it still the same or did you get a totally different IP for your PC?

Second, if posible, could you post snips of your router DHCP settings?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174193-network-problem-unidentified-cabled-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi. this site had a post of a similar problem, but the suggestion did not fix my problem. So, I thought I might post my problem specifically and see if anyone has any suggestions.
I have 2 different laptops. both running Windows7 and connecting to the internet wirelessly. within a few days of each other they both began to display "Currently connected to: Unidentified network No network access" and they will not let me get on the internet. It is not my router becuase It shows the same thing no matter where I try to connect. I have tried my gym and a local restaurant that I have always had success connecting to before. Furthermore my WindowsXP desktop is directly connected and is connecting to the internet without any problems. My laptops are both running AVG for antivirus. Any ideas?

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone

I have recently installed windows 7 (64) and wanted to put more RAM in. I started off with 2Gb and added 1 Gb of ram to make 3Gb (No problems Here). I then added another 2Gb of ram bringing it up to 5 Gb (Now the fun begins!)

Windows 7 runs fine and I can play games with the 5Gb...but... I can't seen to get on the internet! It comes up saying unidentified network! I take out the 2Gb and everything is ok again and i can get back online and everything.

I was told to make sure all my drivers are updated which I did and they are all up to date.

Please help, does anyone have any answers??

A:Ram affects Network card?? Unidentified network?? Win 7

What if you use this driver: Marvell: Download Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40849-ram-affects-network-card-unidentified-network-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

so i've been trying to fix this for the best part of a week now and its finally got the better unidentified network no network wired access of me and i'm resorting to doing the thing no man wants to do and i'm wired unidentified network no network access asking for help My comp just doesnt seem to be able to get a connection through wired unidentified network no network access the ethernet anymore which is considerably faster and more reliable when it does work all i'm getting is unidentified network no network access i have tried running the troubleshooter disabling the wired unidentified network no network access windows firewall and avg but no joy checked the ip is dynamic reset router adapter and pc tried some reset dns catalog command tried ammending the network type and values in the NIC adapter properties none of these worked so i set them all back to what they were before and nothing has made any difference also tried an ip config release and renew but again nothing thanks in advance for your help heres the ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Gumdrops gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gumdrops-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Edimax EW- PIn Wireless PCI-Express Ad apter Physical Address - F- F-E -CE-AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c b bb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC-AE-C - F-C - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e cb bec d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers fd d e c a ff fe c NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A- - -A E- C F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BFD -AA B- EC -B -A DFB AA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394078-wired-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Ive just installed W7 7600 HP on to one of our work PC's and it says its connected to an unidentified network. I cant change it to work network or even Home network but the strange thing is its working fine. All our other PC's can see it and share files on it etc and i have internet access on it.
This is the second time ive installed HP and the second time this has happened. In the past ive been using Ultimate and this didn't happen.
We use static IP addresses for our internal network with no DNS server.

Anyone got any ideas how i can change this network location. Im using HP as im testing it out for when my copy arrives in Oct but if this is a problem related to HP i might think again.

Cheers.

Dave.

A:Cant change unidentified network to work network

I guess i cant delete this thread but ive sorted it out.

Mods, if you can delete this thread please do so.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/18393-cant-change-unidentified-network-work-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So I currently bought a brand new server. I have Microsoft Windows Server 2008 on it. I was able to set my XP boxes on it just fine, however when I upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate and added the computers to the network all I get is a please wait... and it spins forever. I have let it :

-Ran for 24 hours

- Checked for a DNS error (everything is fine)

-Ran in safe mode (can get on the network in safe mode)

-Ran all the updates

I have talked to my mentor and also searched online and haven't been able to come up with anything. Any information you can provide would be awesome.

Relevancy 52.46%

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate saturday night (I got it early to have a release party). It was an upgrade from Vista Ultimate.
I can't access any of my network shares. I am running a NSALite2 server with 3 drives and a Linksys NAS200 with 2 1Tb drives. I can access both via HTTP, but can not access them via a network share. I can ping both of them as well. I am using a laptop and connecting via wireless N. I can get on the Internet just fine. I can access the drives just fine on 2 XP machines on the network. I was able to access these drives previous using Vista Ultimate.
I have read some about changing the encryption from 128bit to 64bit, but was having trouble finding where to make this change.
Any ideas?

A:Windows 7 Ultimate, can not access network shares

Quote: Originally Posted by Homerj

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate saturday night (I got it early to have a release party). It was an upgrade from Vista Ultimate.
I can't access any of my network shares. I am running a NSALite2 server with 3 drives and a Linksys NAS200 with 2 1Tb drives. I can access both via HTTP, but can not access them via a network share. I can ping both of them as well. I am using a laptop and connecting via wireless N. I can get on the Internet just fine. I can access the drives just fine on 2 XP machines on the network. I was able to access these drives previous using Vista Ultimate.
I have read some about changing the encryption from 128bit to 64bit, but was having trouble finding where to make this change.
Any ideas?

Homer

You running homegroup or workgroup? how are you sharing the files and who is the owner of them

thanks

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28761-windows-7-ultimate-can-not-access-network-shares.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I only need file sharing between PCs with Windows Ultimate x st PC has internet nd PC Cable? Windows 7 How PCs with to x64 Network 2 Patch Ultimate has no internet Each PC has a working networking device and there is a correct patch cable between them There is no router Hardware is not the problem I need help configuring settings in Windows for each PC setting up folders in each How to Network 2 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PCs with Patch Cable? PC or whatever it takes so I can share files between these PCs I am not willing to look elsewhere for instructions for how to do this because I've already looked at various sites including YouTube And this has resulted in wasting many hours over several days - just to establish a simple file sharing connection If YOU are an expert at this and have the patience to help me in this thread until I get this done AND you require compensation then please name your price I can pay by PayPal I will be posting pics to show the problem Let me know if additional pics are required Thank you

A:How to Network 2 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PCs with Patch Cable?

Welcome to sevenforums!

You should be able to share file between two PCs only if the two are connected to internet with the home network settings.

Otherwise it could be a solution at cost, to buy a network Ethernet Pci-e Card or switch/hub and plug the two pcs with a Ethernet Cat5 or Cat6 cross-over cable.

You might have to assign IP manually
How to connect two PC's using Ethernet cable

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304968-how-network-2-windows-7-ultimate-x64-pcs-patch-cable.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hello all I am hoping someone here restore ultimate network problems Windows and can help me i am loosing it trying to get my backup and restore function to work from network I have Windows ultimate network and restore problems my external tb drive set to my desktop i have all permissions and owners set to everyone with all boxes checked i can view this drive fine from my laptop can access folders drag folders over no issues i even made a complete backup on another drive and placed it on my external of my laptop seems every time i try to do a system backup to my external via my network it fails i keep getting error x from what i see means Windows ultimate network and restore problems access restriction all my computers are part of my homegroup when i setup location it asked me for credentials i just basically used my laptop name and password as my desktop main pc of homegroup has no password could this be issue im not understanding how to setup with proper credential can anyone help i have tried another forum but all i get is links to google from those member i have done and tried everything i come across to get this functioning correctly it always fails around

A:Windows ultimate network and restore problems

Quote: Originally Posted by kaos420

hello all. I am hoping someone here can help me. i am loosing it trying to get my backup and restore function to work from network. I have my external 1.5tb drive set to my desktop. i have all permissions and owners set to everyone. with all boxes checked. i can view this drive fine from my laptop. can access folders drag folders over no issues. i even made a complete backup on another drive and placed it on my external 1.5 of my laptop. seems every time i try to do a system backup to my external via my network it fails. i keep getting error 0x80070005 from what i see means access restriction. all my computers are part of my homegroup. when i setup location it asked me for credentials i just basically used my laptop name and password. as my desktop main pc of homegroup has no password. could this be issue? im not understanding how to setup with proper credential. can anyone help . i have tried another forum but all i get is links to google from those member. i have done and tried everything i come across to get this functioning correctly. it always fails around 91%.

Homegroup has connectivity issues on some networks (especially older multi OS networks) You should try workgroup as it uses IPv4 and is more stabile.
Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/98176-windows-ultimate-network-restore-problems.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I just got a toshiba c650 laptop with windows 7 ultimate (64bit) installed. All of the drivers are installed except the network controller and the ethernet controller. I can't seem to find any links or info. leading me in the right direction. Can anyone tell me where to find the correct drivers? In the device manager,under network controller properties,it doesn't even name the manufacturer,or the driver details or properties. 
PLEASE HELP. Thank you!!!

A:windows 7 ultimate no network control drivers

Have you seen this link? http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2733919

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517516/windows-7-ultimate-no-network-control-drivers/
Relevancy 52.03%

I get the quot Ethernet quot Doesn t have a valid IP configuration quot message whenever I attempt troubleshoot the ethernet My set up Alienware Aurora R computer I have a gb USB ethernet converter with an ethernet system connected to an quot AV Powerline Adapter with Wireless N and passthrough sockets - triple kit quot setup When I was on Windows I just plugged the powerline set up at their to Windows connection "unidentified router to ethernet Updated network" 8.1, respective places connected to the Updated to Windows 8.1, ethernet connection to router "unidentified network" Virgin Media mb speed wireless ethernet Hub and it worked perfectly with no complicated setup took less than minutes to do I know a wi-fi adapter would be a short term Updated to Windows 8.1, ethernet connection to router "unidentified network" fix but unfortunately Wi-fi is Updated to Windows 8.1, ethernet connection to router "unidentified network" near impossible because of where my studio computer is based my computer studio room is in a converted shed at the very back of my garden and geographically to far to get any reliable wi-fi signal hence the need to purchase a mains powerline system I delayed updating Windows until today After this update I am now completely without internet I can t understand what the problem is I am unable to perform a system restore for some reason It cannot be a router problem because my mobile phone works as does other devices in the house just not the computer I knew it worked perfectly before this update so it has to do with the update somehow I am getting quot unidentified network quot and quot limited quot connection --- I have no idea if it s safe to post this information hackers but I m desperate so here is my network log I obtained it from doing a few CMB commands and tcp ip resets but I don t think they were successful Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jeremy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASIX AX USB to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - -B - F-D -AF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -C - -D -BE-D -FD- -D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - E- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - - -BD-BC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n USB Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - -BD-BA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac b a c fcc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -C - -D -BE-D -FD- -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address D -BE-D -FD- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EB- E - BB - D-F C D DA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration En... Read more

A:Updated to Windows 8.1, ethernet connection to router "unidentified network"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updated-to-windows-8-1-ethernet-connection-to-router-unidentified-network.1119792/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everybody I got a problem from hell I purchased a laptop recently with Windows Home Premium I discovered that the New Express slot did not allow for my previous laptops PCMCIA wireless Windows7 "Unidentified connected to XP Windows Network" modem to be fitted no matter Windows XP connected to Windows7 "Unidentified Network" I bravely connected the two laptops using the old laptop running Windows XP Prof SP with a crossover cable and then setup the Windows XP connected to Windows7 "Unidentified Network" Internet sharing connection and stumbled across a working link to the Internet with my newer laptop Happy days for a while then with upgrades of Virus software and Windows updates being run on the newer laptop a mother of all problems broke the unthinkable quot Unidentified network quot So off to SevensForum and to the rescue or not Discovered quot Set Registry Editor quot to quot Public quot quot Private quot or quot Default not configured quot so now I able to set the Home network or set Public network as I like but the network remains unidentified and the link to the Internet connection has the little red cross the the globe icon is a bleak Grey color This is too much for the troubleshooting not able to identify as details reveal quot No issues detected quot I don't know what to say please someone help quot Brink quot got me this far How does one add screen shots here I suppose the easy way is to go buy another wireless modem that will fit in the express slot but that would be cheating

A:Windows XP connected to Windows7 "Unidentified Network"

I have the same thing. I have internet though. I guess it's just a glitch in the networking code.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/102700-windows-xp-connected-windows7-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello recently out of the blue my computer hasn t been able to connect to the internet I have a wireless laptop and wired xbox on the same router which can access the interet Here is a bit of my IPCONFIG Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon access router unidentified - Windows 7 network to and No Interet no Access E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - B- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f f a Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A- - - - - B- F- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Network adaptor is on automatic ip addressing I have uninstalled the bonjour service thinking that was the problem uninstalled installed and updated the network adaptor drivers and have reset the tcp ip stack none of these have worked I have tried a different cable in both a different ethernet port on my computer and a different ethernet port on my router Ive tried searching and finding a solution for two long days but have found no solution can anyone shine some light for me here and help me fix this nbsp

A:Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-unidentified-network-no-interet-access-and-no-access-to-router.960517/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, i have a problem and hopefully somewhere out in the vast world there is an answer. i need to access files on my windows ultimate 32 bit desktop from my windows 7 home premium laptop wireless. both computers are connected to the internet through AT&T uverse router (if that matters at all) just not to each other. although im fairly familiar with windows, i have 0 clue on how to accomplish this feat so please instruct me from scratch. i know windows vista is incompatible with "homegroups" so i have to set up a network. i followed the 'network & sharing' guide for my folder but still no luck, can someone throw me a bone?

A:windows 7 (64bit) network w/ windows ultimate (32bit)

can anyone help me? is my question unclear?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50429-windows-7-64bit-network-w-windows-ultimate-32bit.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I downloaded all drivers from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=5229500&... for netwrok and bluetooth but one one seems to work with the hardware inside. Can anyone please tell me which one is correct. Product No:C4Z48EA Best regards,Jernej

A:HP ProBook 4740S Windows 7 ultimate Network, Bluetooth and u...

Hi: Please post the hardware ID's for both devices and I'll post the links to the drivers you need. If you don't know where to find the hardware ID, please read the info at the link below. http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/blog/device-drivers/how-to-check-the-hardware-id-for-a-windows-dev...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-ProBook-4740S-Windows-7-ultimate-Network-Bluetooth-and/td-p/2373263
Relevancy 51.6%

I amp m a relatively experienced Windows user with some administrative experience I amp ve setup configured and connected to many wireless networks in the past while using Windows XP I recently purchased a Dell Commections Windows Network Vista Ultimate with Wireless Latitude D laptop with a Windows Vista Ultimate operating system I amp m having problems connecting to various g unsecured wireless networks i e airport hotel work etc amp with this laptop and operating system Often while trying to connect the Windows Vista wireless icon on the toolbar will state that I Wireless Network Commections with Windows Vista Ultimate have successfully connected to the given network but will state that only amp local amp access is available When viewing the Network and Sharing Center window the network icon between the computer and Internet icon will state amp unidentified network amp When checking the IP address it tells me that only an auto configuration IP address is present While staying at a hotel in Ft Worth Texas this past weekend this Wireless Network Commections with Windows Vista Ultimate scenario happened often while trying to connect to the hotel amp s unsecured wireless network Although it happened often it did not happen each time I tried to connect to the hotel amp s wireless network Sometimes the laptop would connect grab an IP address and state local and Internet access on the toolbar wireless icon I had a Windows XP operating system Dell laptop present at one point in time when the Dell D would not successfully connect At that same point in time I was successfully able to connect with the Dell Windows XP operating system laptop Based on this fact I don amp t believe that there was anything wrong with the hotel amp s wireless network Can anyone shed some light on this problem nbsp