Windows Support Forum

Gateway M-Series will not power on

Q: Gateway M-Series will not power on

I just replaced the Motherboard today for a customer, it worked just great! I went into the bios and recalibrated the battery. Problem is that I think it burnt out the laptop because the laptop will not power on at all, just like before I replaced it.

What I ment was that I think calibration caused the burn-out of the board

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Gateway M-Series will not power on

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Gateway M-Series will not power on

Laptop motherboards can fail quickly. Was this a new or used board. I really doubt that a battery calibration would damage the motherboard. Have you tried starting the laptop with the battery out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-m-series-will-not-power-on.188228/
Relevancy 75.68%

Lately I have been having power issues. my laptop is always plugged in (power surge protecter used) i shut it off when not in use. but now even though it is using 100% AC adapter for power; the Li-ion battery is draining, and the laptop shuts off after about 15 min. i have tried to use the laptop with out the Li-ion battery and it shuts off after about 15 min. i have switched outlets and there is no change.

i do use a chill pad at all times. and i have checked all connections and everything is plugged in.

Any suggestions?

charlenein

A:Have a Gateway 7500 series laptop with Power Issues

Inspect your battery, and power adapter very carefully for bent pins and contact strips. Assure best contact by bending them outward ever so slightly.
Then consider buying an official Gateway power adapter on eBay.
Power adapters fail frequently enough to distrust them. Batteries have never been as reliable as one would like.
Too much heat or too drastic a cold will ruin the power adapter or the battery. Do not leave any of them in a car during summer or winter temperatures.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-a-gateway-7500-series-laptop-with-power-issues.98035/
Relevancy 58.05%

this computer which is a gateway series model #2900490 is having some problems. when i turn the computer it freezes up at startup. It has a operating system of windows XP with 512 mb,and 80 gigibits hard drive. And also i have seen the blue screen once or twice, but when i restart it, it will start normal. i don't know why but it will freeze up every other time when i turn it on. I do have a virus protection (AVG) and i have donloaded all the windows updates that it is required by windows updates. I also downloaded all the drivers and utilities from the gateway site.I also downloaded GTWUPD to scan the computer and also microsoft fix it and still i have this problem. Iv'e down the CHKDSK to check the hard drive. Please help

tonchis

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Gateway T- series Lap Top The Mother Board part is ACEH- GAB -F The serial is V DM I tried contacting Gateway but the information Serial that the system is asking for in order to attend to my request is scratched off the Gateway Top... T-63 Lap for BIOS need My I series the bottom of my Lap Top nbsp So I am unable to Download a copy of I need the BIOS for My Gateway T-63 series Lap Top... the BIOS that i need I am having problems with nbsp the fan constantly racing nbsp the computer running slow nbsp the CPU is constantly running between and The computer was working quite well until my daughter started to use I need the BIOS for My Gateway T-63 series Lap Top... it I have cleaned the whole cooling assembly and applied fresh nbsp nbsp nbsp Heat sink Compound along with doing other checks that various sources on nbsp nbsp nbsp the web recommend I have also replaced the Hard Drive The laptop was nbsp nbsp nbsp ok for about two days afterwards nbsp and then the problem returned It was suggested that I should re-flash the BIOS but as I mentioned before I am unable to download a copy from the Gateway Web site nbsp I am nbsp soliciting the help of this community to help solve this problem Thank you very much nbsp edited to partial serial number for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names email addresses phone numbers full serial numbers etc Solved Go to Solution

A:I need the BIOS for My Gateway T-63 series Lap Top...

the only BIOS available is:BIOSGatewayBIOS89.91.243.2 MB2010/07/13Download you can find it, doing a manual search here:http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/drivers-downloads

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/I-need-the-BIOS-for-My-Gateway-T-63-series-Lap-Top/td-p/450428
Relevancy 57.62%

dual boot adding win 7 will not work Gateway drivers set up only for win 8 True?

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/43208-gateway-xs2110g-series.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Gateway T- series Lap Top The Mother Board part is ACEH- GAB -F The serial is V DM I tried contacting Gateway but the information Serial that the system T-63 Top... need BIOS Gateway for the series My Lap I is I need the BIOS for My Gateway T-63 series Lap Top... asking for in order to attend to my request is scratched off the bottom of my Lap Top nbsp So I am unable to Download a copy of the BIOS that i need I am having problems with nbsp the fan constantly racing nbsp the computer running slow nbsp the CPU is constantly running between and The computer was working quite well until my daughter started to use it I have cleaned the whole cooling assembly and applied fresh nbsp nbsp nbsp Heat sink Compound along with doing other checks that various sources on nbsp nbsp nbsp the web recommend I have also replaced the Hard Drive The laptop was nbsp nbsp nbsp ok for about two days afterwards nbsp and then the problem returned It was suggested that I should re-flash the BIOS but as I mentioned before I am unable to download a copy from the Gateway Web site nbsp I am nbsp soliciting the help of this community to help solve this problem Thank you very much nbsp edited to partial serial number for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names email addresses phone numbers full serial numbers etc

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-need-the-BIOS-for-My-Gateway-T-63-series-Lap-Top/td-p/450428
Relevancy 57.62%

I need to figure out how to get my webcam and camera working and what drivers I need anyone gt that answer pls

A:Gateway NE71B Series

Go here - http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/drivers-downloads
Then put "NE71B" in the product model box. You may also need to change the OS version to 64-bit, before a listing will show.
The camera software is listed under the application tab.
I didn't see a driver listing for the camera, so Windows may have generic drivers installed.
If reinstalling software doesn't work, I'm not sure what else to say.

Good luck with your repairs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne71b-series.207366/
Relevancy 57.62%

I want to disable the mousepad on the Gateway laptop, but all the threads on doing this do not seem to address my model! I don't see a disable button for the pad! I am going nuts with the cursor flying all over the place when I type! I would appreciate any assistance!
Thank you!

A:Gateway M Series Mousepad

You should be able to disable in the control panel/mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-m-series-mousepad.1065980/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have the Gateway ZX4800-02 Series All In One (using Win 7) and wonder if someone could tell me if there is a "web cam" on this computer (I believe there is) and where I might be able to find it and how to use it.
I am not too familiar with computers, etc., and would appreciate a non-technical explanation.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gateway-zx4800-02-series-1075338.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hi I need help in finding out how to save a copy of any Reboot or recovery for my laptop. it shows the gateway logo when I start it but that's it. it says I need to insert a cd disk or usb to recover. I have windows 8

A:need help rebooting Gateway NE 522 Series

You can recover from either A) your hard drive or B) the recovery backup you created.

A) If the factory recovery partition has not been deleted from the hard drive:
Turn your computer Off and then wait 15 seconds.

Turn your computer On and press <Alt>+<F10> during startup. A screen will appear asking you to choose the keyboard layout.

Several options are now presented. Click Troubleshoot.

Click either Refresh your PC or Reset your PC.
Note: "Refresh your PC" enables you to restore your computer to the default factory condition with your files intact. "Reset your PC" completely removes all files and resets your computer back to the factory settings.

Click Next. The process will take several minutes.

B) If you cannot run Windows, your original hard drive has been completely re-formatted or you have installed a replacement hard drive, you can attempt to recover from the recovery backup you created on a USB drive:
Find your recovery backup.

If your computer does not have a built-in keyboard, make sure a keyboard is attached to your computer.

Plug in the USB drive and turn on your computer.

If it is not already enabled, you must enable the F12 Boot Menu:
Press <F2> when starting your computer.

Use the left or right arrow keys to select the Main menu.

Press the down key until F12 Boot Menu is selected, press <F5> to change this setting to Enabled.

Use the left or right arrow keys to select the Exit menu.

Depending on the type of BIOS your computer uses, select Save Changes and Exit or Exit Saving Changes and press Enter. Select OK or Yes to confirm.

Your computer will restart.

During startup, press <F12> to open the boot menu. The boot menu allows you to select which device to start from, select the USB drive.
Use your arrow keys to select USB Device, then press Enter.

Windows starts from the recovery backup instead of the normal startup process.

Select your keyboard type.

Select Troubleshoot and then choose the type of recovery to use:
Click Advanced then System Restore to start Microsoft System Restore:
Microsoft System Restore periodically takes a 'snapshot' of your system settings and saves them as restore points. In most cases of
hard-to-resolve software problems, you can return to one of these restore points to get your system running again.

Click Reset your PC to start the reset process:
Reset your PC deletes everything on your hard drive, then re-installs Windows and all software and drivers that were preinstalled on your system. If you can access important files on your hard drive, back them up now. See "Reset your PC from the recovery backup" below.

Click Refresh your PC to start the refresh process:
Refresh your PC will attempt to retain your files (user data) but will reinstall all software and drivers. Software installed since you purchased your PC will be removed (except software installed from the Windows Store). See "Refresh your PC from the recovery backup" below.
Reset your PC from the recovery backup - Caution: Reset your PC will erase all files on your hard drive.

The Reset your PC window opens.

Click Next.

Select the operating system to recover (normally only one option is available).

Choose to keep any changes to the hard drive:
If you have deleted the recovery partition or otherwise changed the partitions on the hard drive and want to keep these changes, select No.

To completely restore your computer to Factory Settings, select Yes.

Choose how to erase your files:
Just remove my files quickly erases all files before restoring your computer and takes about 30 minutes.

Fully clean the drive completely cleans the drive after each file is erased, so no files can be viewed after the recovery. Cleaning the drive takes much longer, up to 5 hours, but is much more secure as old files are completely removed.

Click Reset.

After the recovery has finished, you can start using your computer by repeating the first-st... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-rebooting-gateway-ne-522-series.1160171/
Relevancy 57.19%

So Dell made a really terrible 15 Series power 15 Can a board power board? a with Inspiron Dell Dell I Series Inspiron 5000 replace 7000 decision nbsp They have a transparent strip in the power button for an LED light to indicate if the power is on nbsp A power indicator is a given in any laptop no matter how cheap it is nbsp However Dell in all of it Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? s genius decided to not include an LED bulb on laptops up to the Inspiron Series despite leaving a transparent slot for it nbsp Seriously what happened to this brand nbsp Do children make these laptops now I want to fix this as my laptop is no longer returnable and a power indicator is absolutely necessary nbsp So the only thing I can think of is replacing it with one from the Series somehow Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? with some help probably This is a Dell Inspiron nbsp I also have an Inspiron nbsp Not sure which exact model I should get the part for Are they compatible Is there an easier way Like how Fn H turns on the hard drive indicator Thanks

A:Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board?

The systems use different case and mainboard designs -- and may even be made by different companies.  The answer in all likelihood is no.
I don't think Apple has produced a Macbook with a power indicator -- the PC vendors are playing follow Apple.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981673
Relevancy 56.76%

but it freezies. I don't have a recovery disk. what can I do?

A:I have a gateway NV55C series laptop that can't st...

Hello, You can perhaps buy the recovery media from the Acer store (also available on all Gateway and eMachines PCs).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/I-have-a-gateway-NV55C-series-laptop-that-can-t-start-the-os-I/td-p/415746/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.76%

but it freezies. I don't have a recovery disk. what can I do?

A:I have a gateway NV55C series laptop that can't st...

Hello, You can perhaps buy the recovery media from the Acer store (also available on all Gateway and eMachines PCs).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/I-have-a-gateway-NV55C-series-laptop-that-can-t-start-the-os-I/td-p/415746
Relevancy 56.76%

im working on a gateway series e computer... the computer is not reconizing the modem.. the owner thinks lightning got it... but everything else works..... any ideas... ive reinstalled drivers... also looks like i will have to go through gateway to get the modem... short little stubby thing.... any info on this would be appreciated..
thanks
sd

A:e series gateway modem problem

sabledog said:

im working on a gateway series e computer... the computer is not reconizing the modem.. the owner thinks lightning got it... but everything else works..... any ideas... ive reinstalled drivers... also looks like i will have to go through gateway to get the modem... short little stubby thing.... any info on this would be appreciated..
thanks
sdClick to expand...

I would run everest home on the pc to get more info, need complete model number, motherboard etc.. i find it hard to believe that you have to buy a gateway modem but, who knows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-series-gateway-modem-problem.501439/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a GW M series with Win 7 Ultimate Laptop
It will not see the cd/dvd rom at all. Not even in bios.
I have changed out the dvd rom without benifit.
I have not tried to boot to external dvd rom to re-install system and it
desnt seem to see the external dvd, USB, at all anyway.
Not sure what is going on at this point. Any suggestions appreciated.

A:Gateway M series cd drive problem

Hi,
I'll assume that the drives can be made to open and close the tray so that you know they are getting power.
Have you checked to be sure that you have the latest and greatest drivers from Gateway? Even if you do it might be worth downloading them and reinstalling them to see it they got lost the first time around.
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499730/gateway-m-series-cd-drive-problem/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello. This may, or may not be the correct place to post this. But I simply had a question.

Please know that I do not currently have the computer with me, but I do know the specifications of the laptop, regarding my question.

I own a GateWay laptop NV51B15u series. I was simply wondering if I would be able to upgrade the processor to something more powerful. Currently it is 1.6 GHz, and I play a lot of PC games, so wanted something a bit faster, at least 2.4 GHz. I know this is not a gaming computer, though it has surprised me, and I love him. Even runs Dead Island full graphics, which surprised me. Anyways, my current processor is a 1.6GHz dual-core AMD E-Series.

Personally looking to run Rage, if I even can, not sure, have to test... But anyways, any help would be appreciated it. Thank you. Graphics card is decent, just CPU pisses me off. :P

A:CPU Upgrade Gateway NV51B15u Series (LAPTOP)

Hello BlueBerryShadow, the Graphic card is all important when it comes to playing games and not the CPU. Without looking into whether it is at all possible for you to change the CPU (which is most likely not possible) I would personally doubt that it would make a lot of difference for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188994-cpu-upgrade-gateway-nv51b15u-series-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have of these laptops bought Christmas Since Aug or Sept of mine has gotten really hot and shut down without warning only when plugged up -- never while running on battery A couple of months ago both of my daughters machines began doing the same thing They shut off when plugged in not on battery Usually shuts off when on the internet but sometimes when not on the internet Someone said it might be the power coming into our house so we took them to a friend s house and they still cut off -- so not that Next we got a new power cord for one of them still shuts off Had mine quot repaired quot by a homeschool friend who does computers -- he took the overheating shutting down T laptop and Gateway Series back off cleaned out the fan area sent it back to me charged me a bundle -- worked fine for about weeks then cut off this weekend They get extremely hot you can hear the fan kick into quot high gear quot and then slow back Gateway T Series laptop overheating and shutting down down air is blowing out of the teeny tiny vent on the left-hand side but still they overheat Is this design flaw with the T series I am at work so don t have all the quot specifics quot of the computer but it runs Vista could Vista be causing a problem I know very little about computers and this is driving me insane I paid a lot for these laptops and hate to have to buy new ones in order for us to have something usable Any help suggestions would be appreciated gramma them nbsp

A:Gateway T Series laptop overheating and shutting down

i would say they have got dirty over time and need cleaning - BUT you have already had that done - I assume correctly

They will run at a slower speed on battery to conserve power - so CPU speed reduced etc - which maybe why not overheating on battery

Vista should not be a problem

I have 3 of these laptops, bought Christmas 2008. Since Aug or Sept of 09 mine has gotten really hot and shut down without warning, only when plugged up -- never while running on battery. A couple of months ago both of my daughters' machines began doing the same thing.Click to expand...

It maybe a fault on that model - you could ask gateway if they have seen the problem - there maybe something available

i have used compressed air and also a vacuum cleaner (BUT That does create static and can cause other more series issues) and cleaned out all the vents etc

As the FANS are running at top feed - i think it is a heat problem and could still be dirt buildup in the vents and fans

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-t-series-laptop-overheating-and-shutting-down.907212/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, this laptop had vista on it and I went and installed windows 7 I got all the drivers installed the only one I'm looking for drivers for the built in SD, I can't finding it, please help thanks everyone. Iv been putting in the SD card and it dose not load the SD.

A:Need help finding drivers for gateway hdmi m-series

The Vista driver should work, from the Gateway site ( or whoever does Gateway now ) where you got all the others. It`s not there ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/308176-need-help-finding-drivers-gateway-hdmi-m-series.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My laptop is from this series http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...F68hCxauiA-bHg and I'm not able to get any audio through my tv when I connect via HDMI. I was previously looking at this thread No audio coming out of HDMI and decided to try my luck here with the same issue, just with my laptop model.
Any suggestions?

A:No audio coming out of HDMI - Gateway MD Series

As this PC was upgraded from Vista to Win 7, was all the device drivers also updated? e.g. Video driver (which would include HDMI)? Are you using the Gateway sound driver? If not that can also be a potential problem as many times non-Vendor sound drivers (e.g. the generic Windows HD Audio Codec) either do not work or work correctly. Depending on how the HDMI audio is generated, it may be generated from S/PDIF that is generated by the audio hardware.

When you plug in the HDMI cable does it automatically change the defaul audio playback device from Speakers (your PC sound card) to the HDMI? If not, what happens when you manually change the default playback device to HDMI (what is needed for HDMI audio)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/217675-no-audio-coming-out-hdmi-gateway-md-series.html
Relevancy 56.33%

So i finally decided to upgrade to Windows (vista) series, Gateway lost. OS Solved: FX and the kid at best buy suggested software called Wipe Drive he claimed it works wonders with erasing your whole hard drive and explained to me why i should start Solved: Gateway FX series, OS (vista) lost. with a fresh one for windows So me being gullable i purchased it Little did i know using this disc it erased vista completely and without vista up it wont let me upgrade to windows from boot it will take me through the first few stages of upgrading but then ultimately tells me to eject disc reboot with vista up which i obv cant and insert the windows upgrade disc Now my real concern is i have just received my System Disc and Recovery discs in mail via gateway I pop in the system disc and i go through the stages As soon as im prompted Solved: Gateway FX series, OS (vista) lost. to insert Disc of recovery i do but all i get is waiting for files to load which is there from system disc ive waited an hour and have got copied total progress Am i missing something or did this wipedrive completely wipe out my computer nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Okay the father-in-law has this Gateway E Series desktop not sure what exact model but it has only mb in it and he's been complaining that it doesn't work very well So I decide to do the new son-in-law hero geek thing and pop in an extra mb pc memory stick I had laying around Everything worked great the computer ran like a champ and I patted myself on the back Then a few hours later the computer locked up self-rebooted and then failed to boot and started an endless cycle of rebooting It would get past the quot Windows XP quot screen with the horizontally sliding blue boxes to the blue screen with the Windows logo that's normally up for just a few second before the option to select your login appears But now it just hangs there for awhile and then reboots again So at first I'm thinking the memory is bad Gateway Series Strange Fail Boot E I pull it out Nope same problem I try every possible configuration of the Gateway E Series Strange Boot Fail memory cards Everything's the same It even does the exact same thing if I boot into safe mode What the heck Is it just coincidence that this happened when I put the extra memory in Did the memory somehow cause Gateway E Series Strange Boot Fail this to happen and if so how can it be reversed

A:Gateway E Series Strange Boot Fail

I think it was a just coincidence

Try taking the CMOS battery out for about 10 minutes, replace and try booting. If that doesnt work you may have to preform a Repair Install.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ps/doug92.mspx

Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. Then insert your Windows XP Setup CD, and restart your computer.

1.When the Press any key to boot from CD message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.

2.Press ENTER when you see the message To setup Windows XP now, and then press ENTER displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen.

3.Do not choose the option to press R to use the Recovery Console.

4.In the Windows XP Licensing Agreement, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.

5.Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP.

6.Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

If you have xp sp2 installed it needs to be incorporated into your xp disk or it will not offer the repair option only the clean install.

Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Create Bootable CD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gateway-e-series-strange-boot-fail-95784.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm working on a used Gateway M-Series laptop model number W I The laptop runs fine but whenever I try to Gateway M-Series drive hard boot BSOD with boot into Windows with the hard drive that came with it I get a BSOD It essentially reads A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Check Gateway M-Series BSOD with hard drive boot for viruses on your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK f to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical info STOP x BC xFFFFF A xFFFFFFFFC Thinking that it could be an issue with the drive I took it out and put it a drive from a Linux machine and the Gateway booted up normally I also took the Gateway drive and put it in the Linux box and the computer gave me an endless reboot cycle of quot Windows is loading files quot So the Linux drive works in the Gateway and in its own computer but the Gateway drive works in neither Simple right Just fix the drive problem solved Not so fast Now I know for a fact that the prior owner of the Gateway infected the machine with all kinds of malware and a lot of it was never removed Since Windows was compromised with so many viruses and other nasties I simply decided to start with a clean slate So I formatted and reinstalled Windows on the drive Knowing that formatting doesn't remove all malware I also hooked the drive up to other computers and ran An Microsoft Security Essentials scan Results were clean An AVG Internet Security version scan twice and results were clean Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool which took over two hours Results were clean I ran CHKDSK twice on the drive once from another installation of Windows and it did report that it had repaired some bad sectors I used EASUS Partition Manager to run a surface test on the drive and it came back with a couple of bad sectors So it would appear that the drive may have been damaged by too many incorrect shutdowns or malware and wouldn't work at all Not true Normally I would have thought that the drive was toast since it didn't boot up into either computer However I hooked it up to my own custom built computer and it worked Windows booted normally installed updates normally ran its programs correctly all without error messages So why isn't it working in the Gateway laptop I thought it might have something to do with the Gateway's RAM So I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic twice and it did not report any errors The BIOS recognized all the RAM on its summary page and emitted no error beep when the system started The Linux drive also booted up with no problem Just to be sure I checked the RAM each stick in a different module while booting up from the Gateway hard drive but still encountered the BSOD The RAM looks fine and the contacts were not dirty or damaged I reseated the memory just to be sure nothing was loose but to no avail Therefore I think the RAM is exonerated as a possible culprit Windows also would not respond to any of the F commands If I told it to boot into Safe Mode or Last Known Good Config it would still bluescreen I ran startup repair on the drive after one such failed attempt and I did get an error message explaining why Startup Repair couldn't fix the drive but I don't remember what it was Since the Gateway drive is from Western Digital I downloaded and ran the WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic program The drive passed the SMART test and the WD quick test without issue I was going to run the extended test but after I saw the estimated time sitting at hours after running it for minutes I decided to stop the test For what it's worth it didn't report any errors during the first two and a half hours I was running it I'm wondering if the BIOS on the Gateway is infected somehow Sure I can access it without issue but maybe it has some sort of malware in it that could be interacting with the Windows bootup sequence ... Read more

A:Gateway M-Series BSOD with hard drive boot

With all testing you have done, may be a bad connection.
I would check the pins on the Power & Data connection on the MOBO & HD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/192709-gateway-m-series-bsod-hard-drive-boot.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I'd like to know if i can record voices - like in a room - with my p-series laptop, windows vista. if i can, how do i do it? thank you.

A:how to record voice on a gateway p series laptop vista

I assume you either have an inbuilt microphone or a separate. See this:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/how-to-record-voice-on-a-gateway-p-series-laptop-vista/13790.html
Relevancy 55.9%

i have no recovery disk nor my password for my T-series W350I gateway laptop. this was passed down from an old friend to help me during my first stages in my college journey.

A:gateway T-series reboot with no password or recovery disk..

gateway t series w350i restore cdhttp://is.gd/BBwNxj

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/gateway-tseries-reboot-with-no-password-or-recovery-disk/13420.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i have a gateway laptop model W350a T-Series. the problem is, when i turn it on.. nothing goes on to the screen.. the power works, fan works, but nothing goes out on the screen.. only black screen and no beep.. would appreciate much if you can help me out on how to fix it..

A:how to fix black screen gateway laptop model w350a t-series

If you never ever see anything whatsoever on the screen it is a hardware fault.Assuming the above and if the computer sounds as if it is booting up normally then it could be:The connectors at either end of the cable between the mother board and the screen, the cable, or even the screen itself.With the computer booted up try moving the lid back and forth slowly. If you suddenly get a glimpse of a picture then it is most likely cable failure at the hinge, or maybe connectors loose.If you see anything but black on the screen during bootup then this could be a different matter.EDIT: Tidied up wording.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/how-to-fix-black-screen-gateway-laptop-model-w350a-tseries/13847.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all I recently picked up a Gateway E which has the slim case I know its old but it was free I did purchase a new HDD for it as well as a DVD-burner Other than that it already had GB of memory and a slim MicroATX Gateway solutions for a Cooling Series - case E GHz M Pentium processor I would really like to use it but it is VERY loud I don t see how someone could work with Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series it on their desk annoys the Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series heck out of me I removed the heat sink cleaned off the old grease and blew out all the dust Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series and reinstalled with new grease This seemed to help a little but not very much At idle the processor temp hovers around C is that normal for this processor The fan speed depends on the case temperature or processor temp so when it gets warm the fan is really turning up to rpm I saw Its not really the fan itself that is making noise but its the air flowing through the case fan that makes it sound like a jet engine Are there any suggestions I really don t want to put any more money into it but I was thinking about just getting a different case This would require me to buy a new PSU and heatsink fan also Having the slim case is not a big deal to me Thanks nbsp

A:Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series

No, 60C at idle isn't normal. You were on the right track with changing the case. Most of my CPUs run in the neighborhood of 35 to 40C at idle. (The exception is my Prescott P-4 in an Emachines T-5026, which ATM, is 53C under light load). I haven't seen 60c since the last 100 degree day in my non air conditioned house

I'm curious about the CPU, you've included everything except the actual part number.

You should also investigate to verify that your motherboard is an actual mATX form factor, so that it would mount correctly in a standard case.

One quick question, were the temps that high before you remounted the HSF?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-solutions-for-a-microatx-slim-case-gateway-e-series.156770/
Relevancy 55.04%

Resource and Performance Monitor (Report).zip

? OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ? Windows 8
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64 bit
? What was original installed OS on system? Windows 8
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Came pre-installed
? Age of system (hardware) 3months
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? no

? CPU AMD E1 - 120 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHz
? Video Card
? MotherBoard 4.00 GB(3.72 GB usable)
? Power Supply - brand & wattage

? System Manufacturer (Gateway)
? Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) SX2110G

A:Blue Screen Of Death - Gateway DX Series PC System Information

Quote:

Originally Posted by OoSuperGameRoO

I just bought a SX Series Gateway PC and I had it for about two months, and Im getting a lot of blue screens that says that the PC ran into a problem and it restarts the computer, I don't know what is going wrong with it or what to do about it. Should I go to the store and get a replacement one or is there anything I can do to fix it, it does this mostly when I have a couple of programs opened at once.

Please try to follow once more the blue screen posting instructions. The report you gave is only a small portion of the files we need to help you.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-of-death-gateway-dx-series-pc-system-information-687335.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay once again I'm stumped and hoping someone will have some ideas for me This machine outwardly branded Gateway is unmodified from its original out-of-box state It has x Kingston GB DDR -PC was orginally pre-loaded with Windows OEM and at present isn't doing much I'll offer as much of the story leading up to the present but unfortunately the owner my dad doesn't problem Intel Gateway UEFI DX4870-UB308 Core I3 Series Likely Acer quite remember what all he did and or did not do that one fateful night when I promised if he'd just wait until morning I would fix the issue he had run into after Windows went live and instead of doing an UPGRADE install he went all rogue in Acer Gateway DX4870-UB308 Series Intel Core I3 Likely UEFI problem the wee hours and decided a clean install would be best and went for it The next morning when he then had a copy of Wini that would not activate he didn't want to tell me he'd done precisely the opposite of quot Wait until morning quot and decided to instead cover his tracks and play dumb if I asked too many questions So he formatted the HDD and then realized he had gotten rid of the Recovery partition when he'd decided Windows was nifty enough to keep Still kept out of the loop at that point I had no idea he'd then order replacement OEM DVD copies of Windows and if his master plan went off without any hitches he hoped to install W then re-install the last version of the W Insider Preview addition which would in his theory solve everything and I would never know what he'd been doing in the wee hours of night All of this just MIGHT have worked but after hours of trying anything he could think of he thinks he remembers that he didn't want to wait the seconds it tool for the PC to attempt to boot from DVD each morning so he just he thinks went into quot yue-fee quot as he called it and told it not ever to boot from DVD again Naturally it' now in a state of suspended animation When powering up whether using on board VGA or the HDMI which is what he'd been using sent out any video at all--not even the splash from BIOS I've tried USB recovery sticks but but the system isn't even lighting them up leading me to believe they may be going un-mounted at all Sadly I've had about minute of experience with UEFI machines and each experience seems to be worse than the last I asked Cortana and as you see she wasn't helpful I have also tried basic forensic elimination reintroduction of RAM and things like that I have tried both on-board options for video--HDMI as well as VGA and since I am not seeing a splash at all am wondering if I threw a PCI display card into the mix will it have any effect at all other than the additional step I take toward daytime drinking as a sport I see a few jumper blocks that are just crying out to me one is BIOS WP write protect which seems to be ENABLED and the other is CMOS RESET which is in the NORMAL OP position The other is labeled on the board almost its own LOOK HERE sign as FLASH OVERRIDE I've tried various quot standard quot keyboard blasts trying to get to a boot menu with no luck The DVD OEM is ready to go if it ever worked There is also a USB Recovery stick Paragon that isn't doing anything but keep dust out of the USB port It's a decent machine when it's working and is sure to be awesome when upgraded to Win can anyone suggest a way to bridge the gap from here to here Otherwise it may be time to update my Screen name from SmartguyDumbPC to MENSA-pc-KICKED MY BUTT

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/62725-acer-gateway-dx4870-ub308-series-intel-core-i3-likely-uefi-problem.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Gateway 507GR Wont Power-On after a power surge. Had slight hissing noise in the Bestec power supply, replaced it, and it still will not always power-on. If I switch the a/c power on/off really fast while holding the power button, it will fully power-on after a few minutes of toying with it (tricky). Tested this new power supply in another machine, works perfectly, and so it's the board that's not powering-on. Removed the board and looked closely at the caps for swelling leakage, but what should I be looking for on the board after pwr surge? Any techs here familiar with this board/situation, very common that the failing bestec pwr supply takes out the board, the Intel E210882 MOBO. Thanks in advance.
PVT

Relevancy 53.75%

My Gateway MN: MS2274 is having problems charging or even turning on. I don't know much about laptops since this is my first one (bad mistake). Anyways, my charger has been getting loose so I have to adjust it to even get it to charge but when it does does charge my battery it holds charge good compared to what little I know about other computers/batteries. Now, it won't turn on at all and my charging light will blink 5 times. If anyone could help me with this problem or let me know if they have experienced the same I could use it quickly!! World of Warcraft is waiting for me!! lol Side note: My tech support is passed its warranty. I have tried taking the battery out and turning on but it does absolutely nothing, not even any blinking. Maybe battery/charger? I would love for some help with this issue!

A:Gateway MS2274 -- power outlet and power on problem

That blinking light will be an error code. If you do not have a manual with the error codes in then contact Gateway to find out what it means. I have been unable to find an on-line manual to look it up in.

Chances are that either the battery, the charging circuit on the motherboard or the charger have developed a fault.

If I have understood correctly that it does absolutely nothing with the battery removed, but with the charger connected, it is most likely the charger at fault. I would test it first to be sure before buying a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ms2274-power-outlet-and-power-on-problem.170065/
Relevancy 50.31%

Which new nvidia gfx cards use only one 6pin pcie connector? I can only find 9600 cards for my bro's pc, He's on a tight budget & doesnt want to get another psu if he can help it. Also doesnt want to go ati because he may want to sli in the future.

Do any 9800gtx cards use only one conector, id assumed they'd be the same as the 8800gtx with two.

A:9 Series card power connectors

I think the 9800GT might only use 1.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/176426-9-series-card-power-connectors.html
Relevancy 50.31%

AMD introduces new low-power AMD Embedded G-series APUPress release, June 26; Joseph Tsai, DIGITIMES [Tuesday 26 June 2012]
AMD has introduced the latest entry to the AMD Embedded G-series processor family with the AMD Embedded G-T16R accelerated processing unit (APU). The AMD G-T16R is targeted at very low power, small form factor and cost-sensitive embedded designs that require a combination of x86 compatibility and graphics. The optimized design of the AMD Embedded G-T16R sips power, with power consumption of just 2.3 watts on average or 4.5 watts thermal design power (TDP).

Read more at... AMD introduces new low-power AMD Embedded G-series APU

A:AMD introduces new low-power AMD Embedded G-series APU

AMD dropped out of the high-end due to fierce competition and running out of steam... it's even /fiercer/ at the low end...

You have to wonder if they have what it takes to be able to thrive at any level.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/7323-amd-introduces-new-low-power-amd-embedded-g-series-apu.html
Relevancy 50.31%

the fan always run even in IDLE when lan power is on
thanks for all help, who can stop fan.....

A:Satellite Pro L series: Fan always run even in IDLE when LAN power is on

Just view questions:
What notebook model do you have exactly?
What system are you using?
What do you mean by LAN power exactly?

I can just tell you that the cooling modules are controlled by fan table stored in the BIOS.
Usually the cooling fan starts to rotate if the CPU would be loaded by some single applications/processes. It could be also possible that your fan rotates continuously with low performance in order to keep the temperature low. This isn?t a real notebook problem.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72314-Satellite-Pro-L-series-Fan-always-run-even-in-IDLE-when-LAN-power-is-on
Relevancy 49.88%

It s been about a year since we ve used this computer and last time we did it ran perfectly Now all of a sudden it pops a black screen saying that there is a quot Main fan error quot and to check the fan The first thing I did was clean out the fan There was a small amount of dust in it but nothing major The fan turns on for five seconds on start up then something turns it off Things that I know so far is the fan is NOT damaged and the computer is NOT overheating in anyway My father and I tested this by pulling out the memory chips The fan runs continuously without stopping when the chips are M-series fan "Main Error" notebook Gateway removed Also the air coming from the vent is not warm and I can touch the fan itself and it is not even warm My father and I believe there is something wrong with the sensor that says whether or not "Main fan Error" M-series Gateway notebook the fan is running Possibly a heat sensor of some kind What we need to know is if there is a way to find where the sensor is at and if there is a way to repair it The warranty of this computer has expired so please don t suggest taking it back or just buying a new computer Any information about this issue would be greatly appreciated M-series Gateway Notebook Model nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Please help My Computer is having a series of startup power problems It started off that when I put the PC into standby when I wasn t using it the blinking light which signifies standby would stay blinking even after I logged back onto Windows I usually fixed that by turning everything off unplugging resting the transformer powerbar and then plugging back problems having of Computer startup/power a series in amp turning it back on Then early New Years Day I noticed the computer was off and I didnt remember turning it off and the blinking standby light was not on My settings were set so that it was several hours before my PC would shut itself completely Computer having a series of startup/power problems off and it hadnt been that long since I had used it I tried to turn it back on via power button and I was able to log into my admin Windows user account but the whole machine Computer having a series of startup/power problems shut completely off right around the time when the desktop icons started loading I unplugged everything cleaned a bit of dust out of the inside of the tower reset the power bar waited awhile plugged it back in and started again same thing several times I noticed that the back smaller fan was barely going and making no noise--It is usually somehwhat loud on this old computer At first I thought it was overheating which it did about a year ago but I didnt hear the little beeping that normally occurs when that happens I unplugged reset power bar and turned it on again and before the login screen loaded I hit F I think to go into BIOS settings I set a Supervisor password for BIOS settings and restored all other settings in the BIOS screens to default This whole time I am spinning the back fan manually with my finger whenever it seems to start slowing down or getting quiet When I first logged back on to Windows I went in my Admin acct and disabled the network connection I use Comcast broadband connected via ethernet btw right away The fan kept going normally on its own and has since I ran Avast antivirus-found nothing-Then I defragged-I ran Hijack this and got the log below--I didnt fix anything in there yet as I wasnt sure what was what I also turned off the Hibernate function in the Power Settings For now I am able to use the computer and go online as you can see by my posting here I am now using my nd Windows user a Limited Account and am avoiding going online with my Admin account Obviously I got it running again--but I m not sure exactly what it was that I did which fixed it--or how long it will last I use my PC for my small business and having it switch off w o saving anything could be a serious problem for me My question is HOW do I know what was is wrong with it and how do I keep it from just turning off like that again Preferably without spending much money as I have next to none THANKS My Hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTDevSrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent... Read more

A:Computer having a series of startup/power problems

please clcik report and ask to move to spyware forum they are busy though you will be moved back here if needed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-having-a-series-of-startup-power-problems.972153/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I recently bought a Radeon series MB but I m having some confusing issues with it After plugging in the power lead to it on my W PSU when you pressed the power button on the computer the Issues? 9800 Power Radeon Series pc would burst into life for a fraction of a second and then die If you removed the power lead from the Radeon it powered up fine with Radeon 9800 Series Power Issues? the familiar quot you need to connect your power lead quot sign I figured a W PSU was too weak so went and bought myself a W but exactly the same thing happens Finally after testing a few PSUs I had around a W seems to work it however my frame rate is exceptionally slow and D Mark results are way below what they should be I would ideally like to get the W PSU working does anyone have any pointers My Machine Configuration is as follows - P GHz FSB with MB Cache GHz dual channel DDR- GB HDD space Radeon Series w MB RAM Any help would be very gratefully received I have done a google trawl and a few people complain about power issues - but nothing quite like this Lee nbsp

A:Radeon 9800 Series Power Issues?

No ideas, anyone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9800-series-power-issues.21709/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello, 

I have a Dell Inspiron I5 / 5000 series which would not start on pressing the power button. I called Dell while it was still under warranty (it is out of warranty now), and they advised to simply remove the battery, and reinsert it. The laptop started fine after this tweak. However, it has done the same now on two more occasions, and worked after doing exactly the same each time.
This is now turning out to be a botheration. Would someone advise on a permanent fix? 

Thanks in advance
Mega

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991243
Relevancy 49.88%

How to clear power-on password of HP desktop 110-a04 series pc?

A:how to clear power-on password of HP 110 desktop PC series

Hi, Please try 3 times then post back error code Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/how-to-clear-power-on-password-of-HP-110-desktop-PC-series/td-p/5809905
Relevancy 49.88%

I want to install a new Graphics card into my ideacentre 300S11IBR. What I'll be installing is the NV GF GT720 2G VGA/HDMI LP VIDEO_CARD which is recomended by the hardware manual(see page 48) but how would I connect the new connect the graphics card to the power supply? Hardware manual:https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/ideacentre_300s_hmm_20151104.pdf

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Power-Supply-from-the-Lenovo-IdeaCentre-series/td-p/3427779
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideacentre series desktop computer from Best Buy nbsp Though the performance seems to be okay I've found nbsp one nbsp 'feature' that is extremely frustrating the motherboard nbsp has a proprietary PSU connector nbsp nbsp The W nbsp aftermarket PSU I purchased can't be nbsp installed because nbsp the Lenovo motherboard nbsp has a pin connector for the PSU whereas the aftermarket PSU has nbsp a 'standard' nbsp pin connector nbsp Since Lenovo advertises this as an Easy to Upgrade Powerhouse do they nbsp sell an adapter to use aftermarket PSUs nbsp If not is anyone aware of an aftermarket solution that I 700 Supply Lenovo - (... Unit Ideacentre Power Series can purchase nbsp nbsp I would think that nbsp enough people have encountered this issue that someone would nbsp offer a plug-and-play adapter cable nbsp I've already nbsp reviewed the following post on this forum but it primarily desribes nbsp a solution that involves cutting wires and using a paperclip as a jumper nbsp It also mentions a -to- pin ATX adapter cable at a site called Moddiy but a later post Lenovo Ideacentre 700 Series - Power Supply Unit (... says that nbsp this adapter unfortunately nbsp doesn't work https forums lenovo com t Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX IdeaCentre- - -Pin-Atx-Connector td-p nbsp Is anyone aware of an adpater that will work nbsp Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Lenovo-Ideacentre-700-Series-Power-Supply-Unit-PSU-Replacement/td-p/3321568
Relevancy 49.45%

Good day i have a DELL INSPIRON 15 3000 SERIES.. I started using it from FEBRUARY 2016... I have no problem using it until this June 12 2016.. It just wont turn on... When the adapter is plugged the charging LED opens but later the light will disappear.. I already tried the 30 seconds power press without the battery and the adapter to release the stock power.. But it still doesn't work,,, I'm confused because why do the CHARGING LIGHT TURNED ON WHEN I PUT THE BATTERY ON AND PUT THE CHARGER IN..?? any help please or suggestions... please and thanks

A:DELL INSPIRON 15 3000 SERIES POWER PROBLEM

Hi,
Thank for writing to us!
If the system come up to the Dell logo kindly run diagnostics.
This could be a hardware issue which might need a service call.Kindly provide us with the service tag and email address via private message .
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983910
Relevancy 49.45%

My laptop is only months old nbsp I am getting an error message that says quot Alert Series Message Power Adapter Error 5000 on nbsp The AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined nbsp The battery may not charge nbsp The system will adjust the performance to match the port adapter quot nbsp There is a Note that this can be disabled in the BIOS setup which I went into and saw no such thing nbsp Also Power Adapter Error Message on 5000 Series at the bottom you can Continue Enter BIOS Setup or Diagnose nbsp If I do Continue or BIOS Setup Power Adapter Error Message on 5000 Series it won t boot into Windows nbsp If I run the Diagnose it takes hours and then will boot Power Adapter Error Message on 5000 Series into Windows nbsp I don t dare turn the computer off and have to run another hour diagnostics which comes up with nothing is wrong nbsp My computer is much more sluggish and the mouse very sluggish since this happened nbsp I ve read other things about this on older computers but this computer is virtually new nbsp Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Power Adapter Error Message on 5000 Series

Call Dell - they'll send a new adapter first.  If that doesn't solve the problem, they'll replace the DC jack or the mainboard -- all under warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19774469
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi!I have a brand new (like 2 month old) Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series and I've noticed a problem with it. If i turn on the laptop and it's not plugged in, it runs just fine. However, when it's already on and I plug it in to the power, the screen goes to black and after a few seconds it goes to sleep. After, I turn it on again and it works just fine. However, this issue has happened a couple of times before and I don't know what to do to stop it. HELP

A:Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series goes to sleep when plugged into power

Fhms97 is this issue still happening? I just bought a factory "like new" Dell Inspiron 15 5000 and I'm having the same exact issue. Did you end up fixing it?
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19652585
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there nbsp I've recently bought used DV series notebooks a DV amp a DV nbsp Both are in full working order except that Illuminating Power Series Lock DV9000 icon & Not Caps in... LED neither have working Caps Lock LED's The caps lock key on both units is functioning correctly nbsp AS YOU CAN SEE HERE I know I can download software programs to give an on screen display amp or audible beep but would prefer the built in LEDs to work The Num Lock LEDs work correctly on both units nbsp I have tried suggestion of taking power lead then battery out pressing the power buttton then replacing the battery and power lead but this doesn't fix DV9000 Series Caps Lock LED Not Illuminating & Power icon in... the issue nbsp The DV9000 Series Caps Lock LED Not Illuminating & Power icon in... second issue is with the power icon in the status bar On both units I see a plug with a red x When pointing the mouse I get a message saying charged consider replacing battery I didn't get this apparent battery fault when running Vista Is there a fix nbsp Any help appreciated nbsp TIA

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/DV9000-Series-Caps-Lock-LED-Not-Illuminating-amp-Power-icon/td-p/5799854
Relevancy 48.59%

Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 Power Supply will it fit into a tower case raidmax Sagitta

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-professional-series-gold-ax1200-power-supply.148233/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have had the computer since May and all of a sudden the power cord will not plug into the computer, thus the laptop cannot charge.  I had no issues until this last weekend when I went to plug in the power cord, it just fell out.  I can't tell if somehow the receiving end inside of the computer got moved, or if the metal end of the power cord got pushed deeper into the hard rubber part of the cord.  It appears the cord cannot reach to connect.

A:Dell Inspiron 15 300 series power cord won't plug into laptop anymore

Hi Scxc1638,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Do you have another power adapter to try or to test this on another system?
please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address and a picture of the adapter port.
Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996881
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone wave I m have an old and aging system here is the following specs E P Neo -FR FIR HDD gb ODD Pcolor X Pro gig ram transcend seasonic s II W Cooler master 600W Series Professional Corsair OCZ HX650W ModXStream V.S. Pro Supply Power V I just got OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro Power Supply V.S. Corsair Professional Series HX650W a power color G from a friend its free blush excess from his upgrade OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro Power Supply V.S. Corsair Professional Series HX650W will my computer PSU able to handle the power required for this video card It will be my first attempt in overclocking this old system of mine will be my testing bed Since my aim was to practice and experience overclocking I m planning to get a new PSU because I m afraid of blowing things up My option are OCZ W ModXStream Pro Power Supply and Corsair Professional Series HX W I need advise to which one is better I read each PSU specification I wonder which one is better the multi rail design of OCZ or Single rail of corsair Is wattage of both PSU will be enough if i go on multi GPU X on crossfire in the future Thanks you OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro Power Supply V.S. Corsair Professional Series HX650W rai nbsp

A:OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro Power Supply V.S. Corsair Professional Series HX650W

Corsair is generally considered to be a slightly more reliable brand. I personally would suggest a single 12V rail with high amperage. Do you require a modular PSU? If not, then the Corsair 650TX is cheaper than it's modular counterpart, the 650HX.

I think that for a single PowerColor HD 4850 the Corsair 550VX will be more than sufficient. However, if you're looking to keep the system more "forward compatible" (not future proof because nothing is), the Corsair 650TX should do great. I would think that the 650TX would be the best choice for CrossFire with 2 HD 4850s.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ocz-600w-modxstream-pro-power-supply-v-s-corsair-professional-series-hx650w.142729/
Relevancy 48.16%

Has anyone here used a Goal Zero Yeti 400
http://www.goalzero.com/p/165/goal-zero-yeti-400-solar-generator
to power a Precision M7700 series laptop during power outages or off the grid?
(Specifically I have an M7710)
The reviews look pretty good and one reviewer looked at the output with his oscilloscope "to check the "Pure Sine Wave" on the Yeti-400 AC output and I found a very nice sine wave with low harmonic distortion 150vp 60Hrz and 110vac RMS" so I'm assuming the dell power adapter wouldn't notice the difference between plugging into this and the wall outlet.
But I just wanted to check and see if anyone has feedback before ordering.
(There's no power companion available for the 7700 series laptops or I would go that way)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990974
Relevancy 48.16%

About once every month my laptop keyboard will freeze up out of nowhere It doesn t matter what I m doing at the moment However at the same time the power button also stops responding In order to turn off my computer I have to unscrew the panel under my laptop and unplug the battery cable After re-plugging the cable in and rebooting my laptop works fine until the next time the keyboard fails and I and Inspiron 7000 Series Keyboard Failure 7559 Power Button have to do everything described above again I have attempted factory resets and system restores but nothing I have done seems Inspiron 7000 Series 7559 Keyboard and Power Button Failure to resolve the issue I suspect that the issue may be related to the actual keyboard s hardware but I am hesitant about opening up my laptop unless it s actually necessary Anyone who has experienced this problem or has any insight would be greatly appreciated I can post specific specs if needed but Inspiron 7000 Series 7559 Keyboard and Power Button Failure here is a screenshot of some of my general specifications nbsp i gyazo com da a a acafa ec f c e Inspiron 7000 Series 7559 Keyboard and Power Button Failure png

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996391
Relevancy 48.16%

About once every month my laptop keyboard will freeze up Keyboard Series and Inspiron 7559 Power Failure 7000 Button out of nowhere It doesn t matter what I m doing at the moment However at the same time the power button also stops responding In order to turn off my computer I have to unscrew the panel under my laptop and unplug the battery cable After re-plugging the cable in and rebooting my laptop works fine until the next time the keyboard fails and I have to do everything described above again I have attempted factory Inspiron 7000 Series 7559 Keyboard and Power Button Failure resets and system restores but nothing I have done seems to resolve the issue I suspect that the issue may be related to the actual keyboard s hardware but I am hesitant about opening up my laptop unless it s actually necessary Anyone who has experienced this problem or has any insight would be greatly appreciated I can post specific specs if needed but here is a screenshot of some of my general specifications nbsp i gyazo com da a a acafa ec f c e png

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990602
Relevancy 48.16%

How do I power on my gateway zx6970. It powered on for a few seconds then just power off again and will not power on again. Please helpmessage edited by Boymeng

A:How do I get my gateway zx6970 to power on?

It may be the PSU that has died, so try a new one first.Then see if fitting a new PSU has fixed the problem.Start a new thread if a new PSU did not fix it.Be sure to mention that you already tried a new PSU.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/how-do-i-get-my-gateway-zx6970-to-power-on/40351.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a gate way with a power problem. The on switch will turn on, but it will stay yellow, and the motherboard green light will come on. The fans will not turn on and I do not hear the hard drive. Is this a power supply or on/off switch.

A:power proble for gateway

Power supply, or faulty computer component stopping the power supply from starting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-proble-for-gateway.682905/
Relevancy 48.16%

i have unplugged it. taken battery out held down power button. tried powering it up with battery in and with battery out. can anyone help me?

A:my gateway m285-e will not power on

dont885,

When the battery is installed do you see a battery charging light with the AC adapter plugged in? If not, it sounds like an AC adapter problem.

If you do see a battery charging light, try removing the battery and just trying to power it on using the AC adapter to see if that does anything.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/my-gateway-m285-e-will-not-power-on/td-p/357868
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,
I have a Gateway LT-3119U that stopped working two days ago. When the charger is plugged in, the unit will not power up. The LED in the Power Button does not light up and the battery indicator light not working as well. I measured 19.5V at the output of the charger, so it would appear the machine is getting power. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

A:Gateway LT-3119U Will Not Power Up

Unplug power and battery, hold power button down for 30 seconds. Plug it all back in and try to power up? Any sign of life?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/360239-gateway-lt-3119u-will-not-power-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Gateway GT5654 desktop and one day it just stopped powering on. So far i have taken the power supply out and tested it within another computer, it was fine. I have also replaced the CMOS Battery. Even went to the extent of removing thermal paste from processor and putting new paste in. The Gateway just won't do anything, except for *sometimes* the MoBo fan running for a couple seconds. Maybe a bad power switch? Bad MoBo? I have searched several sites, and there was no exact answer to this. Anyone have any thoughts, experiences, fixes for this issue. Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 48.16%

I was given an older Gateway small desk top computer that doesn't power up. It's an Essential 1000. I got a power supply tester and have tested all the parts of the power supply and it all tests ok. The person that last used it said they just shut it off and it wouldn't ever power up again. I'm going out to get a battery to replace that. Is there anything else I can test on it myself to see if it is working?

A:No power on a 2001 Gateway

Open up the case and make sure the RAM, Video Card, Motherboard, and Processor are all seated/connected to the power supply properly. A dead battery won't stop a computer from turning on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-power-on-a-2001-gateway.342121/
Relevancy 48.16%

My gateway fx has a power supply of about 400 watts and the GTX 260 needs approximatly 500. I am planning on buying a new power supply but how much do i need to run the graphics card and everything else on my gateway? Anyone

A:GTX 260 To much power for Gateway FX7026

As a general rule of thunb, you really can't install a power supp;y that is too powerful. Provided the power supply has the required outputs (plugs to work on your system) and physically fits your case it should work. Now to the wattage and amperage ratings. You should look for something 550W or higher (prefered), a single 12V rail of 60 or 80 Amps or a multiple rail rated at 18Amps or higher each. Also as important look for something made by a higher quality manufacturer such as OCZ, FSP, PC Power and Cooling, Enermax, Sparkle, others would add a few other quality manufacturers. Do not fall for a power supply because it is a good price deal (bargain Basement), these tend to fail horribly at a much higher rate frequently burning out critical system components as they do. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341010 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341017

That just lists a couple.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gtx-260-to-much-power-for-gateway-fx7026.806982/
Relevancy 48.16%

Have a Gateway P III, 1 Ghz...need to know how to set the power management settings so I can turn the PC on and off via a surge protector panel instead of on the PC itself...thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have an Gateway 500 CTO with a mother board Intel (El Paso) Motherboard - 1.5-GHz and power supplies 160-Watt Power
One day when i went to turn it on it would not boot up.
There is a light on the power supplies box but does not light up.
The light on the front pannel comes on and so does the light on the mother board. The fan on the power supplie does not work.
If the power supplied went would it take down the mother board on this kind of Gateway computer?
Thanks for the help.

A:Gateway Power Supplie went bad?

possibility. You can pick up a power supply for around $30-40 that's twice the size. (or just go to a computer salvage store.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-power-supplie-went-bad.53842/
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently had a problem with a gateway mx6124 i replaced the power cord as it was bad with a new one when I plug the new one into lap top the red light flashes and than stops
if I take the battery out and try nothing . is it the swithch? Is there a way to test to see why it won't power up when plug into source? Thanks

A:Power out gateway mx6124

"I replaced the power cord as it was bad with a new one"... Did the old AC adapter do the same thing, red light flashes and stops?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-out-gateway-mx6124.114830/
Relevancy 48.16%

i have unplugged it. taken battery out held down power button. tried powering it up with battery in and with battery out. can anyone help me?

A:my gateway m285-e will not power on

dont885,

When the battery is installed do you see a battery charging light with the AC adapter plugged in? If not, it sounds like an AC adapter problem.

If you do see a battery charging light, try removing the battery and just trying to power it on using the AC adapter to see if that does anything.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/my-gateway-m285-e-will-not-power-on/td-p/357868/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a yo Gateway NV I know ancient right that started acting up about a week ago After putting it to gateway except up... power it does won't NV53 when sleep for the night it would not start up again I m pretty sure that it gets power because the DVD and fan turn on but it gets no further in the boot up process I went online and read about someone that unplugged the unit removed the battery then held the power button for approximately seconds It worked Later that day the laptop went to sleep again and this time the power button trick took approximately tries to get it to work I then turned off gateway NV53 won't power up... except when it does sleep gateway NV53 won't power up... except when it does and hibernate to keep the computer running A couple of days later I tried gateway NV53 won't power up... except when it does to see if the computer would start if I completely shut it down and then restarted it It didn t This time it took approximately tries of the power button trick I haven t turned the computer off since but last night it updated windows and restarted with no problem That leads me to believe it is likely a power button issue not software related For some background I swapped out a HDD for a SDD about a month ago and had no problems before this Also after updating iTunes to iTunes stopped working I uninstalled iTunes after that The iTunes issue started about the same time Coincidence or not To summarize the laptop will not restart by any method that requires pushing the power button but it does appear to get power It will restart if I choose the quot restart quot option instead of off sleep Thank you in advance for the help nbsp

A:gateway NV53 won't power up... except when it does

Hello, remove the battery and try to turn on the laptop and observe the results. if it continues the same behavior, the only way to make a determination would be to remove the bezel by the screen so you can access the micro switch that actually powers the machine when it is off. Use a pencil or similar small (but not sharp) item to activate the switch and turn on the laptop. If it comes down to this also do a good visual inspection of that switch, sometimes when users are a bit heavy handed, it can become dislodged enough so that the button on the bezel fails to trigger it most of the times.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-nv53-wont-power-up-except-when-it-does.1133367/
Relevancy 47.73%

My dell inspiron 3000 series beeps when pressing the power button and wont turn on. It happened about a week ago and when it does, i just leave it alone and then when i try again it turns on.. Now it wont turn on at all. It just keep beeping.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992197
Relevancy 47.73%

My one year old Gateway DX-4200 started having re-boot issues where it would not power back up. Power button fades in and out. The power supply has been checked out OK. The motherboard has been replaced with a new one but the problem persists. At first I could get around the issue by unplugging the power cable then it would power up OK. Now the power button just fades in and out from the beginning and will not go any further.

A:Gateway PC will not power up - button fades in and out

I don't know what you mean by, "...Power button fades in and out..."

Did you change anything that would put unusual demands on your power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-pc-will-not-power-up-button-fades-in-and-out.136220/
Relevancy 47.73%

My wife s Gateway GM e desktop stopped working yesterday unexpectedly She was working in the Vista Media Center and it froze up with a black screen which happens every now and then with her Media Center Our normal fix is to shut the computer off with the front power button wait a few minutes and start back up again When she hit the power button to shut down she said that POST power-up Gateway problem she got a bunch of colored bands across the bottom of the monitor something that s never happened before After a few minutes she went to start it up and the computer didn t Gateway power-up POST problem want to When the front power switch is pushed the PSU fan the CPU fan and the case fan power for about a second maybe less then they all shut down About seconds later they all try to start again but shut down immediately This cycles on until I pull the power cord out of the PSU the front switch doesn t stop the process After I plug in the PSU again nothing happens green light on the MB but that s it until I press the front power switch Then the cycling starts again My thinking is that there is a signal being sent to the PSU that there is an overload or overheat condition and to shut down I ve taken all the power cords off of the components HD DVD drive card reader but the cycling persists I ve taken the PSU out of the computer removed any dust in the system reseated the four memory cards reseated the TV card Same result I haven t taken the heatsink off of the CPU If it was an overheating issue at least the CPU has to boot up to start to get hot I don t know what the components of the POST Power On Self Test are but apparently we re failing on Question whatever that is I ve tried to test the PSU but without a switch on the back I don t know how to activate it Shorting out pins with a ground doesn t do anything With the power cord out I get residual voltage through but it seems that that comes from pin the v standby I m stumped Any ideas nbsp

A:Gateway power-up POST problem

I would start troubleshooting by jumping a known good power supply to the board to see if the problem continues. If you don't have a known good power supply to use, take the tower to a shop where they can test the existing power supply with a PSU tester and also can jump the board with a known good power supply.

I test power supplies and boards like this all the time and it takes about 20 minutes so the cost should be minimal around $25-$30.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-power-up-post-problem.1031137/
Relevancy 47.73%

i was changing the inverter board after i put the new on in i noticed my laptop had no power none no fans no power lights nada, after looking at the inverter i noticed one of the small wires on the plug that goes into the inverter on the lcd cable was broke would this be the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-6860fx-wont-power-on.976163/
Relevancy 47.73%

Tried the power drain thing............nada. No lights, fans.........zilch.

it is a Model PA6A ...............Gateway wants 199.00.........I'm a firefighter not a millionaire; any help?

A:gateway laptop wont power on

Hi Ascfire,
First you should check if the power cord works. You can also try to remove the battery and HDD, power cord unplugged, of course. Put all together and try again. There may have been a current peak and it can make a lot of harm, which needs professional help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-wont-power-on.921540/
Relevancy 47.73%

Arrgh! I have a Gateway Solo 1450 which works great EXCEPT the power connection on the back is loose, so I can't use the AC adapter. Can I replace this?? How do I open the back?? I have taken out all the screws, but there is something holding the back on at the power supply.

Thanks

A:Gateway Notebook Power Connection

Hi and welcome. Check the manual on Gateway's website. Hopefully it isn't under warranty, otherwise you may void it by tinkering.

Had a similar thing happen on an HP. If I could get the plug in just so so, it would work. You may need some soldering skills once you break into it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-power-connection.391176/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an older Gateway desktop. After a quick power flicker in the house the desktop will not power on. I followed check list on gateway site and still will not power on. There is a green light lit on the mother board though. It has windows XP. There are no beeps or error messages. The power light does not come on, the fan doesn't run. There is only a green light lit on the mother board. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

I am working on a friends Gateway P Laptop somehow the HDD got locked The owner does not know how to go into the BIOS to set a HDD password I have been a PC tech for many years and this is my first encounter with this I did some research most say contact manufacturer or they nbsp will not help because they think the unit is stolen I can guarantee nbsp it is NOT nbsp I tried removing the up Gateway I says P-6825 power when Ent... Laptop, it CMOS battery tried recovering the files with an external drive reader it shows unallocated space on the disk and shows it is not initialized nbsp nbsp I saw some strange fixes that I did not think were a good idea shorting out the CMOS with a jumper wire inserting a Vista disk and doing a Hot swap while powered up with the HDD that could cause other issues mess up other HW I do believe nbsp nbsp The owner purchased a new unit and just wants to recover data He told me he had the HDD replaces a while back not sure how to proceed nbsp Thanks in advance for any info nbsp Rick

A:Gateway P-6825 Laptop, when I power up it says Ent...

HDD password is set or frozen?http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Gateway-P-6825-Laptop-when-I-power-up-it-says-Enter-Primary/td-p/407519/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.73%

I am working on a friends Gateway P Laptop somehow the HDD got locked The owner does not know how to go into the BIOS to set a HDD password I have been a PC tech for many years and this is my first encounter with this I did some research most say contact manufacturer or they nbsp will not help because they think the unit is stolen I can guarantee nbsp it is NOT nbsp I tried removing Laptop, up when Gateway it says Ent... I P-6825 power the CMOS battery tried recovering the files with an external drive reader it shows unallocated space on the disk and shows it is not initialized nbsp nbsp I saw some strange fixes that I did not think were a good idea shorting Gateway P-6825 Laptop, when I power up it says Ent... out the CMOS with a jumper wire inserting a Vista disk and doing a Hot swap while powered up with the HDD that could cause other issues mess up other HW I do believe nbsp nbsp The owner purchased a new unit and just wants to recover data He told me he had the HDD replaces a while back not sure how to proceed nbsp Thanks in advance for any info nbsp Rick

A:Gateway P-6825 Laptop, when I power up it says Ent...

HDD password is set or frozen?http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Gateway-P-6825-Laptop-when-I-power-up-it-says-Enter-Primary/td-p/407519
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I recently was using my Gateway laptop one night. I smelled something burning and disconnected it. I turned it back on and everything worked fine. However, the light on my laptop that indicates if the adapter was plugged in would not come on. When I disconnected the adapter from the computer the green that it is on the adapter itself glows solid green. When I plugged the adapter inot the laptop, the light on the adapter is green but its blinks back and forth. Somehow, my laptop is not reading the adapter or it shorting the adapter out. Does anyone know whats wrong?

A:Power Shortage with Gateway Laptop

A burning smell from electronics usually means that some component was pushed to its limits and after seeing the light that component decided to alter its form of existence into something like a brown molten lump.

Take that laptop to a repair shop or return it if it is still under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-shortage-with-gateway-laptop.28220/
Relevancy 47.73%

I ve just been handed a gateway up MX6124 Gateway won't power lights - no mx that Gateway MX6124 won't power up - no lights quot works fine just needs a charger quot You ve heard that one before right I m getting the v output at the correct polarity on the charger via meter but do not get any indicator lights on the unit when I plug it in I also get no response from the power button no surprise since no lights which I presume means no power to the boards All that to ask is the power supply connection easy to access I ve done it before on a Dell but it was a task is it replaceable or serviceable Maybe the better would be is it a separate power board or is it wired to big mama like the dell Still repairable but a little tricky to solder on the main is this machine even worth the time effort the specs look like it may be adequate for light browsing email access and like that but first hand knowledge would be appreciated Thanks for any reply you may have for me JTW nbsp

A:Gateway MX6124 won't power up - no lights

Hi this was all I could find http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Q106/Blade/8511418.pdf hope it is of some help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-mx6124-wont-power-up-no-lights.904060/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I have replaced the power supply on a Gateway PC. The PC starts to boot then hangs with the message "no response from MSD". I think I may not have re-connected all the devices properly, or, not plugged in the power to somewhere. Rather than start troubleshooting I thought someone here might know that specific error code so I can go directly to the problem. Any help? Thanks.

A:Gateway Power Supply replacement

Sounds like there is no signal from the video card. How far along in the POST does it get? I am also not sure if Gateway uses standard ATX power supplys, you may need to get one directly from Gateway. Compare the pinouts from the old PSU and the one you just put in and see if the voltages are all the same with the same number of pins. This would be the connector that clips onto the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-power-supply-replacement.283712/
Relevancy 47.73%

I need help w my gateway computer Here s the problem Recently turned on my computer amp it did nothing Power light problem Gateway supply power was red instead of green amp the power supply fan did not even come on Figured that the p s went out Ordered a new p s from Gateway amp swapped it out Computer fired right up Used it for several hours amp Gateway power supply problem then shutdown in stanby mode Problem solved or so I thought When I went to turn it back on a day later it would not come out of stanby mode Tried several things amp fianally unpluged it Tried to reboot again amp it was doing same thing as old p s Nothing It was like it was stuck in stanby mode or something Would not reboot Reswapped new p s out with old p s amp it booted up again Now p s fan was running again Have been running like this for several weeks w no problems but can t figure out what s up w new p s or why the old p s suddenly worked again I now have a new p s that does not work b c it s stuck in standby mode so I m ustill using old p s When I shutdown most of the time I put it in stanby mode amp it has been workin ok ever since I reinstalled old p s Any ideas Possibly the motherboard Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey all, I have a Laptop that was working alright (besides the fact that my new battery wouldn't work).
THe problem is this, yesterday, while working, the laptop completely shutoff. Not shutdown, just cut off power. OK, wierd I thought, so I tried booting again, nothing. I messed with the battery, unplugged, etc, tried many things. FInally 5 minutes later, I tried and it came back on. Again suddenly, the laptop cut off power again, but this time, it won't come back on.
What is the problem?
Also my battery has this little button that says push, next to these numbers 25, 50, 75, 100.
I'm kind of figuring that there is some kind of short?
THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

A:help with a Gateway Solo 5300 - no power

It could be a short.
However:
That laptop is somewhat outdated as well, so I doubt the unit is still in warranty.
What does it do when the AC adapter is plugged in and power is on?
Does it still power off?
Does your mouse lag at all (as if the processor/memory were being over burdened)?
What is your battery level?

If it powers back on after 5 minutes, it may be a heat issue.
I deal with troubleshooting laptops on a daily basis.
It could be a number of things:
Bad battery, bad charging circuit, overheating, etc..
What are you doing when it shuts down (i.e. does it turn off no matter what app. you're running)?

It could be that there is alot of dust/debri in the unit.
Laptops are ALOT harder to clean out and are more finicky (for lack of a better term) than desktops.

Check your Device Manager and make sure everything is how it is supposed to be (all +'s with no other devices / no ! / no ? / no red X's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-a-gateway-solo-5300-no-power.225240/
Relevancy 47.73%

anyone know where i cna just buy a power supply for a gateway fpd1520 it worked for like hmm 1 and a half years and then it burnt out it was flickering and stuff i opened it up and it was humming and out of the capacitor looked like acid ate its way out so if any help possible i would appreciate

A:gateway fpd1520 power supply

suicidaljelo said:

anyone know where i cna just buy a power supply for a gateway fpd1520 it worked for like hmm 1 and a half years and then it burnt out it was flickering and stuff i opened it up and it was humming and out of the capacitor looked like acid ate its way out so if any help possible i would appreciateClick to expand...

You can find out what the specs on the PSU are and either buy a new one with the same specs or buy the same one.

http://www.gateway.com/index.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-fpd1520-power-supply.299324/
Relevancy 47.73%

My laptop(Gateway NX 560 XL) would run for a while, overheat and shut off by itself, each time I used it. I brought a usb powered fan for the laptop to sit on, and this helped prolong the amount of time it stayed on before shutting off. I stored the laptop away for a couple of weeks in an attache case. When I went back to use it, it would not power on using the power cable that came with it. I tried using a universal power cable that lit up when connected, but the electricity still wasn't making anything power on.

My laptop has a 80 GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive; 1024 MB 667 MHz DDR2 Memory Module; Window XP Media Center Edition; 945PMw/128MB ATI Video Motherboard; 8X DVD Multi-Writer Drive; & Intel Core2 Duo Mobile Processor T5600.

boscobuddy

A:Gateway NX 560 XL laptop overheats and won't power on

Sounds as if overheating caused your laptop to die...possibly fried your motherboard, or CPU, etc.
Try connecting a different adapter/power unit to your laptop to see if that resolves the problem.

If that doesn't help, you may want to take it to be physically looked at by a shop or technician..but chances are heat has damaged it. For future reference, here's an article on preventing laptop overheating: http://time4tech.com/article26.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-nx-560-xl-laptop-overheats-and-wont-power-on.950064/
Relevancy 47.3%

Around once a month my laptop s keyboard will randomly stop working out of nowhere It doesn t matter if I am playing a game or just simply browsing Google Chrome At the same time the power button stops responding as well The only way for me to turn off my laptop is to open up the Inspiron Button Malfunctions Keyboard Series and Power 7559 (Computer Freezes) 7000 panel under the laptop and pull the battery cable out After replugging in the battery cable and rebooting my laptop goes back to normal until a month later when one of these random freezes happens again I ve tried factory resets and system restores but nothing has solved this problem I was thinking that the root of the problem being with the actual keyboard s hardware but I am hesitant to open up my laptop unless I m absolutely sure of the cause If anybody has also experienced this issue or has any suggestions Inspiron 7000 Series 7559 Keyboard and Power Button Malfunctions (Computer Freezes) they are greatly appreciated I m not sure what system specs I should provide so here Inspiron 7000 Series 7559 Keyboard and Power Button Malfunctions (Computer Freezes) is a screenshot of some general information about my laptop nbsp i gyazo com da a a Inspiron 7000 Series 7559 Keyboard and Power Button Malfunctions (Computer Freezes) acafa ec f c e png

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990598
Relevancy 46.87%

The problem started about a month ago I would be using my laptop and it would shut itself down If I let it set for mins it would come back on and I could use about an hour and it would go down again The machine is all orginal nothing has been added or Gateway DS 450X wont up! power Laptop changed from the orginal config I took it to a local pc repair shop as well as Gateway and was told they could not duplicate the problem and nothing was wrong Now it wont come on at all it tries to boot up and shuts right back off Sometimes it makes it to the Windows XP screen and then shuts down At first I thought the laptop was getting to hot but now it seems like a power issue I am not techincal but am tired of spending money to be told there is not a problem with the machine therefor I am looking for a resolution to this problem myself Any suggestions is much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Gateway DS 450X Laptop wont power up!

laptop issues are posted in the laptop forum. Either it is power or heat.
I suggest replacing the power pack. That's an easy thing to test.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ds-450x-laptop-wont-power-up.95507/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi
Suddenly my Gateway NV570P with [edited to comply with guidelines] was shutdown and not starting at all. I was in doubt that it may not have power , Than I connected the power plug and try restart , It was not starting at all, NOt sure what to do and how fix thw problem. When I press the power switch on laptop , One BLUE light was glowing solidly for 2 secong  and another BLUE light was blinking twice and both the lights are disapearing and laptopn was not  starting at all... 
Some how this laptop parts are very loosely connected and upper part (Ke board part) easy coming from mouse side. I have to manage these two pieces intact with TAPE... Please help how to fix this power issue

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Gateway-NV570P-power-supply-issue/td-p/405380/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi
Suddenly my Gateway NV570P with [edited to comply with guidelines] was shutdown and not starting at all. I was in doubt that it may not have power , Than I connected the power plug and try restart , It was not starting at all, NOt sure what to do and how fix thw problem. When I press the power switch on laptop , One BLUE light was glowing solidly for 2 secong  and another BLUE light was blinking twice and both the lights are disapearing and laptopn was not  starting at all... 
Some how this laptop parts are very loosely connected and upper part (Ke board part) easy coming from mouse side. I have to manage these two pieces intact with TAPE... Please help how to fix this power issue

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Gateway-NV570P-power-supply-issue/m-p/405380
Relevancy 46.87%

(Dont know if this in right section)
My mom bought a Gateway Laptop about 5 or 6 months ago and now it doesnt turn on when its plugged in. I have to push the AC adaptor into the laptop and hold it in firmly for it to power on/charge. Is there something wrong with the battery or is it the AC adaptor? If you need any more information just ask.

Relevancy 46.87%

Gateway 600ygr wont power on. I did not work on my Gateway for about 3 months. The battery is dead so I now plugged the power adapter. No light came on. No beep. No sound from the fan either. I left the power adapter overnight maybe it will charge the battery but nothing happens. The Gateway is using window XP.

A:Gateway 600ygr will not power on. Untouch for about 3 months

On some laptops a fully expired battery can stop the laptop powering up on mains power so try removing the battery.Also, you will definitely need a new battery if you do manage to get the laptop working again on mains power. If a battery is left uncharged for 3 months or more it becomes unusable and won't charge up.If the laptop will not power up even with battery removed then it's obviously something more serious and you'll need to let a laptop repair centre take a look at it if you think it's worth spending money on it. But be prepared for them telling you "sorry we can't help you if it won't power up". That's what I got told when I took a "dead" laptop into my local repair shop for a friend.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/gateway-600ygr-will-not-power-on-untouch-for-about-3-months/66314.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Basicallly the power button is stuck in, no amount of fidgeting has gotten it out, and I'm reluctant to open her up for fear that I may end up doing something stupid and irrepairible. If someone has the same kind of computer as me and they would be willing to show a step by step solution to the problem...that would be swell.

the Power button is above the keyboard and the cover is attached to the monitor hinges.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-mx7515-power-button-stuck.691635/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I have a vintage Gateway Solo 2500 laptop that I was planning on using as a light vintage gaming system with Windows 98. The computer all together runs great and is in near perfect condition for how old it is ( 20 years, I think ), but I'm having issues with the computer trying to run it on battery power. Yes, I know that the battery might be dead so I purchased another thinking this might fix the problem, but it didn't.

The laptop runs perfectly on AC power, and the computer sees and shows the battery is charging to 100% ( both the original and the other one I bought ). When I try to run the laptop on the battery only, it will not power on at all and will show no sign of any power anywhere, even the battery meter fades away without AC.

If anybody has anything to offer in finding a solution, I'd be very grateful!
Thank you for your time!

A:Vintage Gateway Laptop Having Power Issues

Is the new battery you got an HP battery? I ask, because HP has an issue running generic batteries and his may be why the new one won't work for you at all.

If it is an HP battery, then try the following and see if it will allow for the battery to work...

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in.)
6. Now put the battery back in and see if you can get it to run on battery only.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3130175/vintage-gateway-laptop-power-issues.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I Have a Gateway E 4100 with a odd power up problem The computer would power up sometimes and not others. Ultimately, it stopped altogether. I removed the power supply and tested it: it was bad so I bought another and installed it. Pressing the power switch would not start up computer. I pressed the TEST button on the PS and the PS lamp came on and the fans started and MB lamps lit. Then I released the test button, all went dead. I tried to start the PSU by shorting the two contacts on the MB but that did not work. Just for grins, I pressed the power button AND pressed the PS test button: the computer came up and worked fine.

My guess is that the MB circuit that sends the grounding signal to the MB power connector is not working. f this is true, the MB is the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks , in advance for any help

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Gateway M-6834 laptop and when I turn it on, its power button and wireless light blinks (no matter f I turn on or turn off the wireless manually). The fan doesn't work and actually the computer doesn't start. Only these two lights are blinking. I unplugged the battery and only used the adaptor, but again it didn't change and the same happened. I do appreciate your help!

A:Gateway M-6834 laptop -- power blinks

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-m-6834-laptop-power-blinks.127519/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Gateway-NV570P-power-supply-issue/td-p/405380