Windows Support Forum

When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down

Q: When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down

Hi I have windows vista ultimate they slows When playing down and music, videos randomly and I make tons of videos In November I built a new pc and it worked great no problems specs are at the bottem Now I only have one problem and to me this is a big problem I make tons of videos with my freinds and sometimes for money Im going to college for When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down video in a year and a half so I need to do as much now as possible The problem is that all songs and videos on my computer randomly will slow down for - seconds then continue as if When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down it hadnt happend I have no idea what the cause of this is This did not happen until february when I got windows vista before installing it I completly formated my harddrive and installed vista ultimate previously had windows xp pro Now I have no idea how When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down to fix this problem You now are probably wondering why I waited so long to say this but I just finally had enough of it I just put up with it for so long It does not only slow down while watching and listenign to videos and music on my computer but also when I watch videos off of the internet even if they are completly buffered I know there can be conflicts with video codecs not really sure what that means or how i would fix that but any suggestions at all would be extremly helpful Thank you VERY much -Nick Computer specs Motherboard ECS KA MVP Videocard Geforce GT Processor amd athlon x am Memory gb Soundcard onboard Operating System XP now vista ultimate Harddrive gb rpm wd gb rpm wd nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down

Bump................

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-playing-videos-and-music-they-randomly-slows-down.75268/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys,
I'm planning to make an order on simpleshoppinglink.com buy I'm still thinking: I want to buy a powerful machine for playing new big games and decided to ask someone's thoughts about it. So what would you buy for playing games: PC or Laptop?
If you choose PC: i7 4790k or i7 4930k? or another proposes?
If you choose laptop: which one?

A:What would you buy for playing games?

An i5 with a good video card. Games are GPU intensive so you'll need a video card to handle the latest games with 8 gigs of memory.

I personally play on a PC. There are those who play on a laptop. It boils down to a personal preference. if you need the mobility you go laptop. However, I can build a PC significantly cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-buy-for-playing-games.215861/
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm currently in the process of trying to run three separate videos on three separate computers which are then connected to three separate projectors (sorry if this seems confusing). I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.

I've read posts about the VLC Media Player, but am not sure if it's what I need since I will be using three separate computers and then connecting to projectors.

If anyone knows of a way that I can do this either with the VLC Media Player or without I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks guys, xx

(I'm not quite sure if this should be solved with hardware or software)

A:Running three videos on separate computers simultaneously

I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.Click to expand...

almost 99.9% impossible. Whether it's streaming or simple MP4s, each system is pulling independently and every system has a unique client-host latency and will likely get out of sync almost immediately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-three-videos-on-separate-computers-simultaneously.212543/
Relevancy 23.65%

I dont know how long its been going on but within a internet provider switch from AT&T to TWC its still been doing this. Every time I reset the router name or password it lets me reconnect to the internet, but when I shut it down and boot it up later or after a couple hours it refuses to connect until I switch the router name or security password.

Its a toshiba running windows 7
The adapter is realtek or something like that which im pretty sure is the cause but nothing seems to fix this issue.
Thanks for any info on this.

A:Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

What is the Model number of the Toshiba laptop?
Does your laptop come with an Ethernet port (most do have one)? If so, try connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet Cable and see if the problem continues.
I highly doubt that its a problem with the Router (but it could be). I believe that you may have a problem with the wireless drivers installed. I would suggest:
1. Download the wireless drivers from the Toshiba website
2. Properly Uninstall the wireless drivers
3. Install wireless drivers from the download (step 1).
4. Wait and see if problem still persists. If so, let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stops-connecting-to-internet-randomly.209164/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys, so my internet has been dropping a lot more recently (I have had this issue for about 4 months now). The odd thing that I cant figure out, is that it only happens on my desktop. Every other computer and phone can connect and doesnt drop wifi like the desktop does. Also, this happens when im wired through an ethernet cord. I have reinstalled network drivers, bought a wireless usb card, tried troubleshooting everything I can that I know how to do. Any other things I could try?

Thanks

A:Internet Drops Randomly

Specs for computer (make and model of computer that is having problems -or- make and model of the hardware)? Also, what wireless router (or modem) are you trying to connect to? What is your Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-randomly.208315/
Relevancy 22.36%

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Guys

I have a Dell latitude ES5500 which is a recon model
It works fine and on start up I hear the fan going. (so I don't think this is the problem)
All of the airways are clear.
When the laptop first arrived I could get 4-5 mins of video or game time before it shut off, it is now down to virtually straight away.
The laptop does not feel hot to touch either and when turned back on will perform any other function ie e mails word processing database and excel etc without a problem.
I can go on facebook and read post search the internet with no problems but as soon as I try to run a video or play a game it drops straight out.
I have to hold the button down to shut the laptop off and then it will restart with no bother.
This is fairly frustrating and I was wondering if anyone had any advice/ solutions to this?

A:Laptop keeps turning off when playing video's or games

It's worth installing HWMonitor or SpeedFan to check temperatures when you are playing video. My laptop fan doesn't kick in until the GPU temperature gets to 60c and it then drops rapidly to about 50c whereas your fan is working from start up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-turning-off-when-playing-videos-or-games.207231/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there!

I recently have come across an issue where my internet randomly disconnects, mostly while on Skype or downloading video games and cannot figure out the issue at all. It usually downloads fine for about 1 minute and then disconnects completely. 0kbps and internet drops on my computer alone.

I'm kinda new to tech forums so if you guys need any information let me know.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi, I had this problem a few years ago, which was fixed by buying a new USB wireless dongle.
But if you are using wireless connection to the router, try an ethercable instead and see if the same thing happens.
Are you using a laptop? If so it could be faulty wireless 802.11 board.
If you are using a USB wireless adapter, it could that the pc is turning off the power to the USB ports to 'save power', that can be changed if required.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I have not long updated my computer and I was on a bit of a budget I done a ATX build and I bought Of FPS Warcraft Troubles World Playing While MSI - Z -G GAMING MS- mother board Microsoft Windows Ultimate Edition -bit Service Pack Build Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz GB Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR MHZ ram x GB MSI NVIDIA FPS Troubles While Playing World Of Warcraft GeForce GTX GDDR SDRAM GB PCI Express x Graphics Card Thermaltake Slim x CPU Cooler cm Corsair CX M Builder Series W Power Supply I have TB hard drive I play World of warcraft and I beleave the Lag problem might be down to my i CPU Here is a text file from CPU-Z WAYNEO-PC txt The NVIDIA Geforce Experience Recommends settings for the game and says I should be able to runt he game in ultra so I tell it to do this when I go and play the game it is laggy I have MS Home and world latency any info and help would be very welcomed as my mind is blank and I dunno what is causing it When the computer started up for the first time I went into the BIOS settings and clicked on OC GENIE and it is ment to OC it to what it can If you need any more info please let me know many thanks nbsp

A:FPS Troubles While Playing World Of Warcraft

I am thinking about getting a Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz Socket 1150 8MB to replace my i3 can I also get feed back on this is it worth it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-troubles-while-playing-world-of-warcraft.205463/
Relevancy 26.66%

On my iphone4 when I tap the pictures folder, there are videos in it too,same videos in my video folder but no pictures in it. Is that normal or not? I've gone thru the settings but see no way to separate them.

A:Pics & videos together

As you can see, the first 5 are pictures & the rest are videos, is that normal?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pics-videos-together.204339/
Relevancy 22.36%

Since my friend is too stressed as well as not the type to go on places like this I am asking for him He has a AMD Athlon II P Dual-Core Ghz laptop with gigs of ram and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series GB the thing is Laptop issues has playing games years old Well he has been having issues with games and since I own Laptop has issues playing games a desktop I only know so much about what its really capable of Anyway he wants to play games like Warframe War thunder and not need to lower the settings all the way just to in some cases barely play Also seems he cannot run Just Laptop has issues playing games cause Now another friend I talked to briefly said sounds like something is eating his resources but again only know so much about laptops So is it his CPU video card ram or is it all the junk that might be on his system He did note that his laptop does seem to run hot and with only one fan vent it coudl be the reason for all I know he said an I quote here quot its hot enough to melt the glue of the foot pad in the corner and cause my hand to sweat quot he would love to get a desktop but sadly funds for him are quite limited nbsp

A:Laptop has issues playing games

It is quite obvious that the problem is temperature and I also think that laptop doesn't meet the recommended specification requirements of the games he wants to play.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-has-issues-playing-games.203314/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi

Recently I have been getting this weird problem, when playing some graphically demanding games, my pc blacks out for a few seconds then comes back, and sometimes this happens continuously while playing. So I don't know what is actually the problem as I think I have a fairly good pc, please help.

PC Specs:
CPU Intel i5 2550K 3.3Ghz
RAM: 8gb
GPU: Gainward GTX560 Ti 1gb
PSU: Corsair 550w

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-blacks-out-when-playing-graphically-demanding-games.203153/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have just put an asus p775 motherboard and i5 processor into my PC, reinstalled all components with no issue, PC rebooted fine back into OS (Windows 7), after anything between 10 mins and half hour the PC just switches itself off, any thought would be welcome

A:New i5 upgrade, PC randomly switches off

Is your CPU temperature running high?...Is the heatsink properly connected?...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-i5-upgrade-pc-randomly-switches-off.158925/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys Just got my new Sound Blaster Everything phenomenal Blaster sounds videos Youtube Sound Z: except Z in the mail this morning After some research I found that I Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos should set Windows Sound settings to Speakers non-full range in order to best utilize the SB drivers I use a pair of Razer Carcharias stereo headset I don Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos t have speakers Supposedly by doing this and turning on SBX Surround I ll get simulated surround in games and listen to stereo music just fine simply by turning off SBX Surround when doing so Well games sound great with simulated surround FLACs stored on my computer sound great and crisp no matter what Windows is set to Stereo or BUT Youtube videos sound awful In order to get Youtube videos to sound good I need to go into Windows CP and set the sound options to Stereo Speakers Once I do it goes back to sounding great again It should be noted that I only use Youtube for music As unlikely as it may sound YT is an amazing resource for classical music You can find a lot of performances by different conductors orchestras or soloists if a solo piece and Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos you can create your own playlists It s kind of a big deal to me Everything else about the card is amazing Windows x Latest Firefox Latest Creative drivers Jan as of this post Problem The sound loses clarity it becomes muddy and the bass is way over the top If I crank the volume too high the sound becomes distorted Not pleasant at all This doesn t happen in the slightest with music stored on my hard drive only YT nbsp

A:Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos

Hey Coxis,

The behavior that you explained can be fixed if you set the adobe flash player to 'follow' your soundcard settings. If you're on 64-bit windows, go to:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\

Open MMS.CFG and add this line:

UseWAVPlayer=1

Worked perfectly for my 5.1 setup. Youtube audio was previously stuck on its own upmix (a.k.a simulated surround) settings and ignored my soundcard settings.

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-everything-sounds-phenomenal-except-youtube-videos.202558/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I am going on holiday in early June and am looking for a way to listen to music while I'm in the pool as I plan to spend a lot of time doing so.
The way I can see it is that I have two options:

Buy a waterproof case and waterproof headphones
buy a waterproof MP3 player all-in-one.
Obviously each option has it's flaws - otherwise I wouldn't be there.
Even if I buy a waterproof case how can I be sure that even though there is a waterproof case, where it contacts with waterproof earphones will be waterproof as 'waterproof' to some sellers just means rain-proof.
The problem with the all in ones like the Sony Waterproof Walkman is that they are very expensive for very little space, the 4GB alone being 50 and 8GB is 80.

Does anyone have experience in the matter, anything they can recommend, preferably I'd like to use my phone in a case for my 32GB MicroSD card, but whatever works I guess.

Cheers guys.

A:How can I listen to music whilst swimming?

:big grin: My wife JUST purchase a waterproofed iPad Shuffle from waterfi.com

website is very descriptive and the device is AS Advertised - - she's very happy with it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-listen-to-music-whilst-swimming.201909/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello

When I play Diablo 3 I get some fps drops , usually at the same places. usually im around 130 FPS but can go down to 50 or even 25 sometimes when its bad. its not unplayable but its no fun at all.

The places are demanding I guess, there is a lot of **** on the screen and action all around.

My current setup :

Nvidia 780Ti HOF , goes to around 60C during load
i5 4570 goes to around 65 during load
8 GB ram,

Im assuming the 780Ti should be able to handle Diablo 3 even when its demanding?

I used an AMD r9 290 earlier and got the same issue at the same places.

Before I changed card from the 290 to 780Ti I formated my computer and installed Windows 8 Pro.

So it shouldnt be any software causing this,

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it perhaps my CPU?

What can I do?

if you want to I can record the actual gameplay and show you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drop-when-playing-diablo-3-something-wrong-with-my-hardware.201463/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello all,

I have been troubleshooting an issue I have been having with my PC for awhile now. I will turn my computer on to play a game (FarCry3 or Diablo 3). When I am finished I will close the game and go to desktop. After several hours of not being used I will return to my computer and start up the game. This time however the game will be "glitchy", the sound will be crackling and suffers lag the entire time. The only way I have been able to resolve this is by restarting my computer.

I have tried clearing my RAM cache, I am up to date on all updates regarding windows and hardware. I also initially only had 4gb RAM I upped it to 8gb to see if that could potentially be an issue. I am lost here and was wondering if anyone out there had any tips or similar experiences.

A:Computer slows down drastically

I've had this happen to me too. It turned out it was the internet browser (IE I think, but it may have been chrome) taking up a ton of resources and using the CPU. I believe Facebook was the real problem and it only because a problem after having FB open for a long time.

If you can play in windowed mode perhaps you can open the task manager to see if your CPU is doing anything else at the same time. Sometimes malware can use your CPU and cause issues like this (not just when gaming).

You can also see if you can update drivers, but I would think that would affect the game all the time, not just sometimes.

Good luck,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-slows-down-drastically.200139/
Relevancy 25.37%

When I play windows media player or any other mp3 player my pc begins to slow down a lot and mouse stutters and my internet webpage closes :/ any help please?

I've posted my IRQ

A:When I play music my PC starts to slow down and mouse stutters

What are your system specs?

Some possible solutions: Make sure Windows is up to date. Try updating your sound driver (post your system specs and I will show you how to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-play-music-my-pc-starts-to-slow-down-and-mouse-stutters.200950/
Relevancy 23.65%

The model of my laptop is Toshiba Satellite L645.
I have encountered overheat issues recently and I thought it was the dust that clogged around the fan. I did the clean up and up everything back. I manage to boot up the computer and reach the window dekstop but the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop.. Somehow, after a while, the fan worked and spin for quite sometimes.. Then again, the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop and eventually my laptop overheat again.

IS the problem arises from the fan itself, or the thermal sensor problem? Im not sure.. pls help me =(

A:Laptop heatsink fan randomly stop working

I would replace the fan first, it is cheaper than a motherboard and laptop fans are known to fail. You can get the fan on EBay cheaper...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/I.html?_trk...toshiba+satellite+l645+fan&_sacat=0&_from=R40

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-heatsink-fan-randomly-stop-working.200017/
Relevancy 22.36%

As the tilte says my CPU is jumping to 100% usage for a few seconds then back to normal (40-50%) when playing games.
This is more noticeable when I'm streaming and is more frequent.

This happens when playing games and streaming but not when idle or internet use.

My CPU jumps to 100% use and causing a massive fps drop froim 45-50 to 6fps for the few seconds that it is at full load.

CPU - FX 8320 @4.4Ghz
H100i Cooling
Motherboard - Asrock 970 extreme 4
GPU - GTX 550ti (evga stock speeds)
12GB ram - 8gb crucial tracer tactical and 4gb corsair vengance
1tb WD Black for main storage and OS
1tb WD blue for recordings
264gb ssd's with DayZ on one and arma 2 on the other

any help would be great.

A:CPU jumps to 100% then back to normal when playing games

Alright, what's the process taking up 100% CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-jumps-to-100-then-back-to-normal-when-playing-games.199679/
Relevancy 25.8%

So, Youtube and other sites work, but with certain embedded video players, clicking the fullscreen button does nothing. The video just remains windowed. This has been a problem for awhile now, and I have been unable to find a solution anywhere, as nobody seems to share my issue. I run Firefox, and have an HP Pavilion laptop. I will upload a screenshot of one of the players that does not work.
Also, I tried disabling hardware acceleration and had no luck.

RE
It is not the website lacking the required code for fullscreen, because this happens on any website running one of these players, and they used to work fine for me.

A:Fullscreen button not working with online videos

Other than the video being stretched on my 16:10 display, I had no issues w/ the playback on IE10 & FF26. Have you tried updating Flash plugin, if not the latest, to see if that fixes your problem? Do you have the same problem w/ IE?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fullscreen-button-not-working-with-online-videos.199491/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello all.
I tried both of Kolavec's fixes. Neither worked.
I've also tried keeping Youtube and Task Manager open to check which process was doing the damage...
It seems that keeping Task Manager open stops the video from lagging (also tested on IE 11.0.2).
This antidote, sadly, doesn't extend to games.
This thread was created by someone with the same problem who seemed to have found a trojan responsible for the slowdown. Any and all advice would be appreciated.
PS. I'm so relieved that there are recent thread on this topic! Thank you (and I share the pain of every sufferer).

EDIT:
Following the advice given in linked thread, I found an executable file "vpecyihvyphx.exe" that started upon leaving the mouse idle and disappeared when I moved the mouse again. I await any guidance/ recommendations you have for me.

EDIT 2:
I just downloaded and ran MalwareBytes Anti Malware (Free) and it seems to have done the job for now. I'll keep you all posted and I hope this helped some of you.

Moderator note - Post moved from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...hen-I-dont-move-my-mouse.196106/#post-1375126

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-lag-when-i-dont-move-my-mouse.199492/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello all,

So, I have a Toshiba Satellite computer that's a couple years old, but runs fine other than the internet.

This problem started happening around a month ago, for a couple days it'll just disconnect and reconnect to the internet randomly ( Every couple minutes or so) But after a couple days, it usually just stops. Recently it started doing it again, and I've searched and searched online and tried literally everything I can find but nothing seems to work. We've updated drivers, tried restore points, changed the driver settings to maximum performance in the power management settings, but to no avail.

We're running on Windows 7, have intel-Centrino Winax adapters. It isn't the router either btw, as we have another laptop that stays connected perfectly fine. Tried toshiba support, but since the warranty is out they wanna charge us, but the tech guy did say something about changing settings, just not sure what settings he was talking abou

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and any more info you need just let me know how to get to it and I'll post. Thanks!

A:Toshiba Laptop randomly disconnects and reconnects every couple minutes.. Tried everything

You may have to invest in one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315091

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-randomly-disconnects-and-reconnects-every-couple-minutes-tried-everything.199323/
Relevancy 26.23%

I got this same problem with videos in youtube and such. One quess was that it was a bitcoin miner. Any one know how to get rid of it? My antivirus can't find it.

A:Videos/games lag when i don't move my mouse

Open Task Manager to the performance tab. Leave mouse idle. Does CPU usage rise?

If yes, hit PRocesses tab, and take a screenshot of which process is taking up CPU time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-games-lag-when-i-dont-move-my-mouse.196106/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have an ASUS U56E laptop that randomly reboots when running anything, minesweeper, spider solitare, IE explorer. No bluescreen appears, the screen goes black and the machine reboots. If you win a spider solitare game and leave the fireworks running in background it does not reboot, but if you leave the fireworks running for a while as soon as you kill the fireworks it shuts down immediately. I have run temperate checks, memory check, full disk scan, and reloaded the machine from initial disks. I even brought it to Best Buy and their geek squad told me they tested it thouroughly by running a video streamer on it and it didn't shut down after 4 hours so there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know where to go from here and appreciate any suggestions.

A:Asus U56E laptop randomly reboots - except when fireworks from winning spider solitare is running

"reloaded the machine from initial disks" Did you do a clean install of Windows and reapply all the Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-u56e-laptop-randomly-reboots-except-when-fireworks-from-winning-spider-solitare-is-running.187107/
Relevancy 26.23%

Anytime I watch online videos, or play games w/ my xbox 360 controller the video lags after about a minute passes and I have to move the mouse to make it stop. It's really annoying when I'm playing video games and it throws me off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-games-lag-when-i-dont-move-my-mouse-what-do.195950/
Relevancy 22.36%

I'm extremely confused as to why it's still doing this. I tested my microphone and it doesn't work with my voice. It just plays sounds from my computer. I played a youtube video and I could hear it but not my voice, so its playing sounds from my computer and not my voice.

I've tried everything now. Reinstalled drivers, mic is unmuted, made sure it isn't the steromix selected.. etc.

I have my microphone selected as default device and my headphones set as default. I've been through all the properties and still not luck, need help.

A:Headset Microphone is playing sounds from computer

How can a microphone play sounds? Microphone is an input device, so make sure it is set as such.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-microphone-is-playing-sounds-from-computer.195540/
Relevancy 32.68%

I really want some help here cause I have absolutely no idea Specs AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm DH Graphics Quad core Ghz G DDR memory Gig HDD G full Graphics Radeon HD G over FPS down Game time slows Alright I ve never really run into this problem before I can download a game and play it for the first day wonderfully Game FPS slows down over time I start back up and the next day the FPS is cut in half One of these games is War Thunder and going from an average of FPS Game FPS slows down over time to is a little painful Starmade also had this problem I was running FPS for a few days then it dropped to around and stayed there These drops happened weeks apart This has happened with other games but none of their drops happened at the same time The worst part is that one a game drops it always runs that slow and never runs any better regardless of how many restarts settings changes or background programs I close This is odd because I ve never heard of a game-specific drop in performance I should probably mention that the laptop s only about a month old If anyone could help me with this that would be great Thank you nbsp

A:Game FPS slows down over time

First, we usually tell people that if this thing is still under warranty then contact seller and tell them of your issues. A10 chips are good chips.

Second, do you have a cooling pad? Heat can cause this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-fps-slows-down-over-time.195014/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all you black screen - playing sounds Notebook sys spotties out there can someone help me please my Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing sons notebook an HP G -b sg with core i amd mobility g running win ultimate has a heat-problem shutting down frequently when gaming I tried to clean it could not get to ventilator cause I can not disassemble dismantle the machine without destroying it thank you HP well long story short - I just cut away the plastic covering the vent cleaned it with vacuumcleaner so far so good I installed win on clean formatted hdd installed all Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing drivers needed started up the da thing but the screen stays black although the system-sounds are playing that little quot I finished starting bleep quot tried everything no way the display would light up installed os again on oncemore formatted hdd now it s telling me that it can not identify the grafics stops installing driver from HP homepage and any other driver Lan touchpad sound is in that notebooks quot mind quot already installed they are not it was all clean cause formatted if I just install win and nothing else everything is fine well it s not - because I can Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing not access internet and video playback stutters but the display lights up What am I doing wrong or is the thing just broken down due to heat warranty was void before I cut the vent as it is and a half years old any suggestions anyone hope you get what I am trying to say I m from germany and not a native speaker writer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing

Did this laptop come with Windows 7 Ultimate or did you purchase the OS and thus installed it?
Best bet for you is to get the HP Recovery CD or DVD for your model it will have all the drivers needed for your model. Basically it will install the HP Factory Windows 7 along with everything that's suppose to go with it. This process takes a few hours to run.

So contact HP Tech support tell them you need the Recovery CD/DVD for Model HP laptop. There is a cost for this so be aware. Then you won't have these issues saying graphic driver stopped because you don't have the correct drivers etc. The HP recovery will have all those installed.

Also with every HP system you get recovery with it but it's on the HD in it's own partition so whatever got installed might have blown out that partition and now you have an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-screen-black-sys-sounds-playing.195083/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there,

Here is my problem,
I game a lot, & if I disconnect from those games for 1 or 2 minutes I'll probably be dead and/or lost the game.
My connection drops randomly, this happens once every hour or so, a few minutes later I reconnect to the same internet. The internet hasnt shut down, I can still browse on my phone & on another computer., but those arent on when Im gaming.
I've had this problem for a while now and it also occurres on my other laptop when I gamed up there. I can solve this by going to controllpanel & troubleshoot problems with network adapter, but it is getting really annoying. Even when Im only browsing like now it just drops connection.
Can someone help me?

-Kay

A:Connection drops randomly

Sounds like you're on a DSL connection - - are you?

I would log into the router and on the WAN side configuration, set the MTU to 1492.
This will stop tcp fragmentation and therefore avoid the necessity of reassembly, which can easily overflow buffers and break connections.

Might also reduce tcp ACK responses by applying this change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-drops-randomly.193423/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,my hard disk is paritioned into 4 drives.In my F drive my videos are stored,when I open my F drive and go to the folder where some particular videos are stored and try to watch it, there is a green loading bar at the address bar and then my pc hangs,I cannot copy,rename etc the file
This occurs with approx all my folders but only about 40-50 % videos are affected in a particular folder,rest run normally
Thanks in advance

A:Cannot watch/copy videos

What is the total size of this hard drive, and its 4 partitions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-watch-copy-videos.192779/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys I have seen a few post about stuff like this but they didn t have what I have going on So a few weeks ago I m playing World of Tanks and it was working fine for hours then I go to play Counter strike for a few hours nothing happen everything worked fine Well when I got around to Dragon age I always fun in windows mode I clicked the internet to look something up but then when I clicked back into Dragon age it gave me a black screen and a screen saver came up saying Not Opitimum Mode- Recommended Mode x Hz I never seen this ever So I took my friends monitor and hooked it up to mine and everything came up the game and all But when I hook mine back up it goes back to this screen People told me it s my video card but how could it be that if switching screens worked Now I didn t use the screen long just a few minutes but I m going crazy with playing when screen game. a Black out my GAMES nbsp

A:Black screen when playing a game.

What are your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-playing-a-game.192890/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello all. I hope this isn't in the wrong section...
My computer recently has begun to disconnect itself from the internet randomly. One time, it did it for an hour and would keep reconnecting but soon after disconnecting again. I've eliminated the chance it was my whole service by asking members of the household if their internet was acting up.

Here's another strange thing that will happen when the problem occurs. Upon shutting down to try and reconnect, my computer will be stuck on the shutdown screen.

I found one minidump from yesterday, but I'm not sure how much of a help it will be. I'll attach it anyway.

Please inform me if there is any other information that you require.

A:Internet Disconnecting Randomly

What is your network adapter? It must be an issue with your adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-randomly.192115/
Relevancy 22.79%

I run Windows WD MyPassport TB Problems first started about halfway into a Vuze transcode for a movie the randomly External WD HD denied messages. giving me access My started is original file and the transcode folder are both on the drive First it wasn t letting me My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. right-click delete rename the option for those wasn t on the right click list but everything else was I restarted and still the same I did the Check Disk in the HD menu I ticked the recover bad sector box and it wasn t moving didn t feel like waiting so I stopped it My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. and afterwards anything I tried to do gave me quot access is denied quot I forgot that I had formatted it into ExFAT so my TV would recognize it and I had movies files were gig in size which might cause problems It says under the security tab it is quot unable to display current owner quot I would really rather not format it s not even letting me select it for lack of privileges but if that s all I can do then so be it It s saying it has no used space or available space its half full nbsp

A:My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to work, it said there was something wrong with it still and promted me to do another check disk scan which said there were no problems (I didnt select the "bad sector" option) (durr!) but I remember it doing something similar before, should I format it back to NTFS, Is that what is causing the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wd-external-hd-randomly-started-giving-me-access-is-denied-messages.191994/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello comunity ,, earlier this week I had a problem with my cpu , and this site is the only site who helped me correctly, and im thankfull
Today I had a wierd problem with my computer ,, I had a graphics card ' Nvidia 7100 gs '
I removed it cz I wanted to get a new one , more powerfull ,, and now im working on my internal video card - Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset family
Intel Gma3000 . 256 Mb
the problem is , once I started to use the internal one ,, once I play Avi files ( 45 ) minutes , the computer freezes for couple minutes ! tried multiple video players and the same problem
P.S I never had problems with internal v,card
---- By the way my computer is Pentium D 3400/4M ,,, 3 GB DDR2 ram ,, 500 GB/HD ,, WIN7
Many thanks in advance

A:Computer freezes when playing .Avi

Correction ** not only AVI files ,, its just any video files ! no problems with audio files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-when-playing-avi.191732/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I've recently ordered a new PC and it should be here in a week. I'm a gamer and I like to write music and will finally be able to record with my new system. I'm just lacking a sound card. So basically I'm looking for a card that will be awesome for gaming and music. Any suggestions out there? I know I will need a PCI-E card. I'm looking to spend $150-200. Any help would be much appreciated

A:Sound card for gaming and making music

This is probably the best one out there: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132010

That is the best of both worlds. There is a better card for gaming, but the Essence above is much better for creating music and phenomenal for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-gaming-and-making-music.191256/
Relevancy 24.08%

K so I have a new pc Built myself and had a few problems getting PC shuts off randomly it to turn on Turns out I had to short two means that aren t even the power connector ones Anyway I got everything setup Windows blah blah I move it to my room from kitchen cause kitchen had better lighting for working conditions I turn it on and bam it shuts off after maybe - minutes Now I m thinking it could be cpu over heating It is hotter in my room I left the computer on bios and slowly PC randomly shuts off watched cpu temp climb At PC randomly shuts off about C it shuts off Is that an over heating temp It sits at that for a while before it shuts off I haven t updated drivers yet could that be a problem Build Cpu Intel i Psu kingwin w Motherboard asus p z - v lx Gpu radeon hd I also took off the heat sink after getting frustrated and taking everything apart when it wouldn t start did that PC randomly shuts off mess with the thermal paste It looks evenly applied When it shuts off it s just off no warning Please help nbsp

A:PC randomly shuts off

Take out graphics card and try again. Also, what do you mean by "Turns out I had to short two means that aren't even the power connector ones."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-randomly-shuts-off.191246/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi. Whenever I download any video from youtube or any other website, it has crackling sound. I tried reinstalling various drivers, flash player, different downloading tools but nothing helps. however, when I don't download but just watch video on youtube, sound is ok.
How to fix it?
I have dell n5010 and windows 7 running
Any help would be appreciated

A:Crackling sound in downloaded videos

Have you tried transferring the video to other PC and see if it works fine? the program you used to play the video may be the culprit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crackling-sound-in-downloaded-videos.190345/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all I am trying to work out if there is something wrong with my PC or something wrong with the game Guild Wars While playing this game the computer screen will flash a pink purple and my computer reboots itself additionally just as it reboots I ll hear a strange sound in my headset almost like a buzzing noise The odd thing is I ve taken it in to the store and they ve ran all the memory video card stress tests and it was completely fine it s less than a year old still under warranty they wont replace anything unless it playing Wars 2 while Computer Guild reboots is actually hardware failing and not the game causing it While playing the game temp levels are completely normal too and I bought a new case to further improve cooling just to be sure The problem persists Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2 I have an ASUS motherboard Intel core i - GHZ GB of Ram GTX s in SLI If any of you talented Tech Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2 Spot people could please help me to conclude this issue it would be greatly appreciated If it is the game itself I can pass the information on to ArenaNet to fix the issue and put an end to my frustration Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2

I doubt it's the game as there are millions playing it and I'm sure at least thousands with a rig similar to yours. When the game crashes you have the option to have it verify all the files on next launch. Are you choosing to do that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-reboots-while-playing-guild-wars-2.185084/
Relevancy 26.66%

I cannot download any youtube videos from my IDM why is this so??
it always gives a notification which I had posted with a screen shot...

A:Can't download YouTube videos

Try using jdownloader.org.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-download-youtube-videos.188880/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I just bought myself a NEC medias t smarthphone days ago and now I got a problem The phone just reboots itself a software reboot not total for no aparent reason without me doing anything to it it s just lying there doing nothing and with medias me NEC anything without 101t and doing itself randomly reboots the screen blocked and suddenly it NEC medias 101t reboots itself randomly and without me doing anything makes the quot rebooting quot melody and so I notice This is happening to me since yesterday it did it like - times and hasn t done it today yet I would really apreciate if you could help me solve this issue That I have likelly caused myself without knowing it this are it s specifications Net GSM - HSDPA Size x x mm Weight g Display Tipo LCD touchscreen capacitivo M colores Size x pixels pulgadas - Resistant to damage surface - multitouch - IP X IPX IPX waterproof and dustproof certification - accelerometer sensor for autorotation - Gorilla Glass screen - proximity sensor for auto shutdown ithink that s how s it s translated - touch controls Ringtones type Polif nico MP WAV Customization downloads Vibration Yes - Audio conector mm Memory Phone numbers Nearly unlimmited fields and entries call picture call registry Nearly unlimmited card slot microSD up to GB - GB internal memory MB RAM - processor Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM GHz GPRS Yes data speed OS Android OS v Gingerbread Messaging SMS MMS Email IM Push Email Browser HTML Clock Si Alarm Si Infrarred port No games yes downloadables colors Black Camera MP x pixels autofocus flash LED geo-tagging video - GPS with A-GPS support - digital compass - EDGE class - G HSDPA Mbps HSUPA Mbps - Wi-Fi b g n - Bluetooth v A DP EDR - microUSB -social webs integration - video player MP H H WMV - audio player MP eAAC WMA WAV OGG - integrated with Google Search Maps Gmail YouTube Calendar Google Talk - Memo calling voice command - Hands free included - predictive text input XT Batery Standard Li-Ion mAh Stand-by - Tiempo de conversaci n - Ok that said I go to say the things I have done to it xD As a good newbie with a new toy minutes after getting it I dedicated to explore all the new possiblities toying with the google play store customizing my desktops with widgets wich took me minutes to figure out how to do it xD etc I installed tested and uninstalled a variety of apps and stuff but nothing shady or dangerous except for the apptoide and blackmart wich I have already uninstalled My phone is not rooted or overclocked in any way Now I will list the currently installed apps on my phone it s all in it s original language and it s all last versions as far as I know mensajes Portal movil telcel Portal telcel telcel ijuegosHD ijuegos Ideas iapps ideasmusic msngr plugger iradio rss gps telcel itv iimagenes itonos Adober Reader -free Age of empires -free Agenda Ajustes Android asistant -free Angry birds -free App SD -free Archivos Asistente Avast mobile security -free beautiful thunderstorm -free block breaker HD brujula -free google search busqueda de voz calculadora call timer pro full paid camara contactos convert pad -free copia de seguridad correo descargas double twist -free el acuario real-gratis evernote -free evernote widget -free facebook fruit ninja -free galeria gmail google goggles -free google grabador de voz gun amp blood -free GYM guia de ejercicios -free Heroes call -free Instagram f-ree linterna tiny flashlight -free local google maps messenger musica navigation need for speed shift plague inc -free google play store real calculator -free reloj symphony of eternity google talk telefono The sims touchstore pro -free Google traductor -free SCT traza tu ruta Video camara Whatsapp -free wikipedia -free You tube Zello -free Great little war game items marked with an where included on the device and can t be uninstalled Now the Widgets in my desktops clock and date x tiny flashlight x calendar x avast x calltimer pro x double twist player x android asistant x wheather x evernote x ... Read more

A:NEC medias 101t reboots itself randomly and without me doing anything

Pull out the battery and re-install it. If your phone is using a micro SDHC flash card, remove it and re-install it. If these steps don't work, try restoring the phone to factory settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nec-medias-101t-reboots-itself-randomly-and-without-me-doing-anything.186820/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a 20 inch flat panel HP monitor that just randomly shuts down you can be in the middle of something and in just shuts off and you have to turn it back on. It's not going into sleep mode or anything because you can be moving the cursor and bam just shuts off. There is not set time , sometimes you can be on it for a couple seconds , sometimes an hour.Any ideas?

A:Monitor randomly shuts off

steelth said:

I have a 20 inch flat panel HP monitor that just randomly shuts down you can be in the middle of something and in just shuts off and you have to turn it back on. It's not going into sleep mode or anything because you can be moving the cursor and bam just shuts off. There is not set time , sometimes you can be on it for a couple seconds , sometimes an hour.Any ideas?Click to expand...

Check ALL connections. Make sure they're they are correct & snug.Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-randomly-shuts-off.188153/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop because the former one had huge, unfixable overheating issues even if I used a cooling pad, didnt play games etc. It was a Acer Aspire 5738G.
My new one is a HP Pavillion G6.
I haven't had any major overheating issues with it yet and it has an average CPU temp of 40-45C when I'm only surfing, which I know is completely normal/safe. When I play games like GTA San Andreas or other older games it goes to around 55C and reaches 60C if I've played it for more than one hour.
Yesterday I tried L.A. Noire, which is a pretty new game and it didnt take more than 5 minutes for the CPU to reach 70C, which gave me haunting memories of the Acer Aspire.
Is this normal/safe? Should I lower the settings?

CPU: Intel i7-3612QM
AMD Radeon HD 7670M (1 GB DDR3)

A:Reaching 70°C when playing a game like L.A. Noire normal?

70c is not to bad try keep the laptop cool as possible. just keep the heat vent clear and you should be fine.
some model of HP do have overheating issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reaching-70%C2%B0c-when-playing-a-game-like-l-a-noire-normal.187686/
Relevancy 24.08%

My computer will be running fine and then it will cut off. It has done this over and over. Do you think that this an issue with the power supply? The error reads: Shut down due to environmental Temperature and Have PC Serviced immediately.

A:My computer is randomly shutting down

You are over heating. Your best bet would be to open the case if this is a desktop and get a can of air and blow the dust from your fans and cpu and see if this helps. You may even need to replace the cpu thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-randomly-shutting-down.187576/
Relevancy 23.65%

Acer Aspire T180 Decktop with windows xp media center edition.

AST180-EA350M

Does it on 2 different monitors.One them is a brand new monitor that was never used but in box for awhile.

A:Monitor goes to sleep/goes blank randomly

Do you have on-board video or a separate video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep-goes-blank-randomly.187498/
Relevancy 26.66%

When ever I download any video from you-tube from IDM this (shown in picture) appears,
I don't wna change the down-loader as I m an IDM lover but I have tried on different browsers ,and my down-loader is also up to date ...
please help
THANKX !

A:Why can't I download YouTube videos?

Although it is illegal to download some videos from youtube, what browser are you using & what video download addon are you using & a link to the video would help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-cant-i-download-youtube-videos.187070/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have an hip laptop and it randomly off randomly shuts Laptop shuts off I want to try to trouble shoot before I call it a Laptop randomly shuts off lost cause Referred to some great threads on here before so thought I d give this forum a try Thanks ahead of time for any help I have an HP Pavilion dv It randomly would shut off a few months ago got better but started up again When it shuts off its sudden like someone pulled the cord on it After it shuts off I cannot get it to start for quite awhile afterward minutes to hrs if not longer I can push the power button and the computer will attempt to start but will do the cold shutdown in the middle of startup Sometimes it can get as far as the windows log on and then shutoff The shutdown happens at all times no pattern in my activity The computer has some other issues I can t run it without the power cord because the battery is dead HP said its because I didn t take the battery out when I used the laptop plugged into the wall Refuse to buy another battery if I can t get laptop to work My year old spilled milk on the keyboard and it was bad enough the milk came it the USB ports and battery slot on the bottom Another issue is when I try to change the power battery settings I can t change it past the lowest performance setting because the laptop overheats It will shut down within minutes of changing setting this seriously affects the performance since it has to run so low But hey it s a laptop and works for my basic net surfing and word processing If it sounds like a lost cause let me know If there s something I can try I appreciate the help nbsp

A:Laptop randomly shuts off

Wow, after spilling milk all the way through it I would consider myself fortunate that it still runs. To me it sounds like it is overheating. Laptops generally collect dust inside as they age and eventually develop cooling issues. I'm sure all the milk doesn't help. Have you tried opening it up and dusting it off with a can of compressed air?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-randomly-shuts-off.183568/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello

So I have had a big problem with my computer. It does not happen that often but when it does it is really annoying and scary. My computer just shutsdown and a screwed up noise goes through the speakers and the fans goes sky high! It happened one time when I play crysis 2. I played it for like 5 minutes before it happened. I booted the computer up and then I had a look at my temps which where around 50C. Started up crysis again and played for like 10 minutes and it only went up to 70C. So it is not an overheating issue! What should I do?

Thanks for any help!

A:Computer turns of randomly and fans go sky high!

shameless bump!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-of-randomly-and-fans-go-sky-high.184322/
Relevancy 26.23%

Audio playback on all online videos has random buzzing stuttering interrupts that last - seconds This happens only on this Toshiba Laptop It is not happening on any of the other PCs in this office I have tried to upload a sample demo of when viewing online Audio bad videos the problem but I was not allowed to do so through this forum s upload button I have it available if someone can explain the process for posting this mp file Also I took the laptop home and it has the same problem there as Audio bad when viewing online videos well In both office and home the internet is a wireless connection with plenty of bandwidth at both offices There is no problem playing videos or audio from this machine whether from the HD or from the office network Just from internet alone added late I forgot to mention that the video portion also stutters at the same time as the audio messes up And if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio My machine info Model Name Satellite P D S Part Number PSPHJU- J Serial Number OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIOS Version V CPU AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Mobile M Physical Memory MB RAM Hard Disk Capacity Byte GB Hard Disk Free Space Capacity Byte GB Video AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD version Screen Resolution x Pixels Color Quality True Color Bit Sound Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio version Network Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC version MAC Address A A F EC Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS version MAC Address E B Modem None Internet Explorer IDE Device TOSHIBA MK GSX ATA Device HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT F ATA Device FW version ET nbsp

A:Audio bad when viewing online videos

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed. Does this occur on all browsers? Do you have any plug-ins running or audio codec's installed? You could even go as far as checking to make sure your video drivers are all up to date.

if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering, it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio!Click to expand...

When this happens. Does the computer it self freeze or just the video?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-bad-when-viewing-online-videos.181456/
Relevancy 22.36%

My tower is barley a month old and is already having carshing and restarting issues when im playing games basicly I can be playing a game for like 10 mins then it will crash and restart. As its such a new tower im guessing graphics card psu. Heres the whole tower http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...rebones+Kit+w/+3+FREE+Games!+?productId=50872

im not sure of the graphics card as its borrowed I know its a Gforce of some description.

The game im playing is dirt showdown its a driving game.

I should add its a 2gb graphics card and the towers not over heating so my guess is psu

A:Computer crashing/restarting when playing games

Hi, You should find out what Graphic card you have, and download the correct driver for it.
A clue is that you say it crashes when playing games, but does it crash if you open 'Computer' screen, or say 'Notepad'?
If you just booted the pc and did nothing, just left it on the Desktop screen, would it crash then? ( No, I am guessing.)
So if you can uninstall your current graphic card driver, that's, 'Device manager' ,Look for 'Display adapters',
Click on the tiny arrow to the left of the word 'Display adapters'.
Right click on the name of your card.
Then, 'Properties', 'Driver' tab, 'uninstall driver'.
Reboot the pc, let Windows install a generic driver. (Just wait , it will happen and notify you near the taskbar.)
Go to the Nvidia website, choose 'Support', then 'Download drivers' then 'Option 2' Automatically detect card.
That should find the correct driver for your card.
If it does not, then in your 'Search for files and folders' box, type 'dxdiag'. In the display tab you will see the type of card you have. Go back to the Nvidia site and search for it manually. Get the correct version 32 or 64 bit.
If your problem is the wrong driver, it should now be fixed. If it's the PSU overheating, then you will need to upgrade it.
Hope this makes sense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-restarting-when-playing-games.184067/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey all First time poster on these forums I was hoping to disconnects randomly Everyone Internet from get new insight as to what might be causing the issues I m having About a couple weeks ago I started to experience some internet troubles It would be every minutes or every couple hours but I would get disconnect from the internet To start with the tray icon it would mostly show the triangle over the symbol when this Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet happens yet sometimes it would say it was connected perfectly fine Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet In both circumstances during these periods Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet it would not be able to connect to the internet On my network maximum of three of us I am the only one that is hardwired in to the router with an Ethernet cord The other two are wireless We had gotten a new router from Bright House a Ubee modem router and were not satisfied at all when this started happening We purchased a new router to get gigabit Ethernet ports and to give us GHZ wireless channels After installing the new router and setting the UBEE to bridge mode the problem persisted When the UBEE is in bridge mode though and I connect directly to the modem I haven t noticed the problem Although I have never been directly connected to the modem for any extended period of time I have seriously tried every solution that threads have offered saying that it may be a windows problem and none seemed to do the trick So I am finally trying to reach out to you guys to hopefully receive some help I have tried calling Bright House and they sent test signals and they say that the connection is fine We noticed that when we disconnected our house phone the problem seemed to stop happening But now after it has been disconnected from the modem for a week or more the problem returned Resetting the router and modem together seems to grant us at least a day of uninterrupted access and sometimes more After I bridged the UBEE I did change some settings I disabled the firewall and set a DMZ to my router to allow all access through to it What should I do next to address this issue Thank you all in advance NickkyCubba nbsp

A:Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet

The problem lies somewhere in between your ISP and PCs.

Is this how your routers are connected?
ISP ----- Ubee wireless modem/router (bridge mode) ---- 2nd wireless router

Make sure you only have one dhcp server and the routers are not operating in the same channel. You can disable the firewall of your 2nd wireless router keep the firewall on on your modem/router. You dont need to use DMZ unless you are hosting some service to be accessed through the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(computing)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everyone-randomly-disconnects-from-internet.177796/
Relevancy 22.79%

I ve a pc with the flg specs AMD Phenom x T ghz stock speed Transcend Mhz ddr GB x GB sticks XFX Radeon HD gb Graphic card M A -EM motherboard Seagate TB RPM primary hdd Seagate x gb RPM for storing my stuff CM Extreme Power Plus W psu I ve been using this pc for past yrs and no problems so far Recently I ve used the quot M A M quot Motherboard along with Frontech DDR x GB RAM The processor graphic card hdd and remaining components are same while playing PC My games crashes except the board and RAM The build worked nicely Now I ve reverted to my own board M A ---- I was playing games like NFS Hot Pursuit My PC crashes while playing games Just Cause and so on After a few minutes of gameplay the pc crashes without any error Not even check for solution msg box no BSOD No events recorded in event viewer So today I reformatted my pc and installed windows Ultimate X But the problem is unsolved I ve checked my hdds for bad sectors My PC crashes while playing games defragmented the disks checked for malware viruses with kaspersky All are working fine except the games And also the firefox is crashing while viewing the pages with flash content No overheating issues and the hardware is properly fitted Thermal paste is also fine Checked the RAM with memtest for over hrs and found no errors Pls solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My PC crashes while playing games

This is kind of a shot in the dark but if you can, try swapping out the power supply. If that doesn't work try swapping out the videocard or running it with the onboard video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-crashes-while-playing-games.183226/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I've been experiencing a significant decrease in frames when playing games such as Battlefield 3 and Skyrim on my laptop. This problem only occured after cleaning my laptop from Sirefef trojans (Thread for solved Sirefef issue: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...and-sirefef-y-laptop-keeps-restarting.182428/).

My laptop has the following specs:
Windows 7 64-Bit OS (Professional)
Intel Core i7 (Dual Core)
12GB RAM
NVIDIA GeoForce GT540M (1GB)
I've always been able to play my games under 50 - 60 FPS, especially when my charger is plugged until now. I don't understand why this is no longer possible after the sirefef-trojan-cleaning-process.

What can I do to solve this issue?

I should also note that my games, particularly Battlefield 3, only runs at a dreadful 20 frames or less at the moment. This applies when my laptop is both charging or not charging​

A:Laptop reducing FPS when playing games after cleaning Sirefef trojans

Try formatting and re-installing Windows fresh. Most laptops have built-in factory restore options on boot up. Virus infections can leave nasty things behind or file damage even after they are "removed"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-reducing-fps-when-playing-games-after-cleaning-sirefef-trojans.182718/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone,

The problem that I?ve been facing is my laptop just freezes, the screen freezes, the audio distorted, not able to move cursor, keyboard does not work. Had to force power off.
Here are the specs:
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad Y450, bought around October 2009
CPU Intel centrino 2 dual core 2.53 ghz, P8700
GPU nVidia geforce GT240M
Ram 4 GHz
HDD WD 500 GB
Wireless Intel 5100 AGN 802.11

Operating System: Tried both Windows 7 32 bit and Windows XP
CPU temp monitoring software: Speedfan 4.xx
Anti virus: Avira free antivirus

Next reply I will post problem history and details
Please request information if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Thank you,
Ninja

A:Laptop freezes randomly

My questions and doubts:

How can it be solved?
Can we call this ?overheating? since it freezes when temperature is not over 60 C? but it freezes more when the weather is hotter.
Is the temperature during safe mode normal or too high?
Am I abusing my laptop?

Please request information or pictures if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Problem history:
It works fine with Windows 7 since 2009, when I?ve been recovering from spine surgery, I?ve been using it more than usual since December 2011 where the problem occurs first time, then it occurs more often since March 2012.

Computer usage behavior:
I usually use Autodesk Inventor and Autocad software for 3D and 2D designing, along with web browsing, playing music with iTunes, watching some concerts and South Park by windows media classic. I play occasionally play games like Left 4 Dead 2, Elder Scrolls Skyrim (once-twice a week).

The laptop is placed on a 30 degree inclined stand, due to my surgery I need to only lie down to use the computer. It is turned on about 4-10 hours a day.

Observations:

It?s been working fine since bought, when I play games, the temperature of CPU and GPU goes up to 75 C for about 1-2 hours, no problem, usually I don?t play longer than 3 hours.

Since March, it freezes randomly about 1 hour after startup when I?m using designing software along with web browsing. Temperature is about 48-53 C, I have screenshots of the temperature software before it freezes. This happens at least once a day.

Since March, it freezes about 5 minutes after start running left 4 dead or skyrim.

During safe mode, the temperature stays about 70 C and sometimes freezes.

After forced shut down and power on right away sometimes it freezes during boot, or even 5 seconds after power on.

It rarely freezes when watching videos and when turning the computer on all night for downloading.

I never finish a full system virus scan, it freezes about 20 minutes after scanning while temperature is about 50 C.

Weather condition: Thailand, hot and humid.
No air conditioning in room, temperature during of months Dec-Feb: 20-30 C, Mar 30-35 C, Apr 35-40 C (hottest of summer). My laptop in this temperature works fine in the past 2 years, other older laptops are also working fine.

Suspected causes and solutions tried:
Replace thermal paste at CPUs and GPU, dust removal at CPU fan, got a cooling pad underneath laptop: temperature slightly drops (3-5 C), no significant improvement in freezing.

Tried updating drivers to the latest possible for the right OS, reformatted partition to change OS to Win XP but problem still occurs.

Thank you,
Ninja

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-randomly.180287/
Relevancy 23.65%

As the title says, my mouse stops working for a couple of seconds and then starts working perfectly again. It mainly happens when I am playing BF3, the game freezes for a second, then I hear the usb-removal sound Windows makes and the game unfreezes but the mouse is dead, then game freezes again for a second and mouse starts working. During the moment mouse is dead all other USB connected things works, only mouse that dies.
It has happened a few times before when im not in any game.

Why is this happening? I have never had any problem with this before.
I have tried putting my mouse a different USB port and it helped for a day or two and then it happened again.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
i5 2500k
GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
8GB RAM

A:Mouse randomly dies for a couple of seconds

I have had this same problem a few months ago. Although it happened with my mouse and keyboard simultaneously. My main harddrive was going bad. I replaced it and have not had the problem since. It was rather confusing at first as I had never seen these symptoms before from a bad harddrive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-randomly-dies-for-a-couple-of-seconds.181873/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello i have an Nvidia Geforce go 7900 gs for my laptop. When i play World of Warcraft , the screen goes black , but i can still hear sounds from the game. The Screen never frozed before but it seems that smth is wrong now...

A:Screen goes black when playing WoW

Does the screen go black at any other time when not playing games?

Just to be quite sure, try another monitor and see if the problem is the same.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-when-playing-wow.178515/
Relevancy 24.08%

I ve always been running on A C power but lately my computer loses power for no reason It s not that it shuts down but instead it just turns off like it suddenly lost power I thought maybe my charger was dying so I bought one from HP but that hasn t changed anything My randomly My laptop off turns battery hasn t worked in a really really long time so I never put it in the laptop anymore I tried the computer in the outlets in my bedroom and in the library and I got the same results Sometimes the power shuts off as the computer is booting other times it lets me get to the home screen and I can play on the computer on a while before it loses power I always keep my laptop on top of a chill pad Although I ve noticed my fan doesn t turn on when I turn on my computer Is it suppose to My laptop randomly turns off Also I think I might have heard a noise from my fan How can I be sure it s the fan I have a HP G US I bought it in It s running off Windows Vista Service Pack nbsp

A:My laptop randomly turns off

The laptop is definitely old enough for some service. It is possible that the cooling fan is worn out and/or dirty... if the fan is not running properly, the laptop will sense a over-heating condition and it will turn off. Have the laptop serviced and new batteries are cheap enough on EBay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-randomly-turns-off.177610/
Relevancy 23.22%

I had this memory stick for a while, and its been working fine. It has a lot of my important college work on it too. Just a few days ago it randomly stopped working. I've tried it on all computers I can and none of them recognised it, and it didn't pop up in 'My Computer'.
The best reaction I got was on this laptop, where it said it was processing, but then said that I did not have a suitable driver software or something like that. Please help, I have a lot of work on it .

A:7dayshop USB memory stick randomly stopped working?

A lot of them quit just because they have been dropped more than 12 inches.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/7dayshop-usb-memory-stick-randomly-stopped-working.177490/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello, i have had my laptop for a year almost and i have had this problem most of the time. when i try and watch videos(youtube) the screen goes blank for a few seconds then it comes back on telling me that the "desktop driver stopped working and has recoverd". it also says "desktop manager stopped working and was closed." can someone please help?

system details:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core
CPU T4500
2.30ghz 2.30ghz

64 bit operating system
3gb RAM

A:My laptop crashes whilst watching videos

Please tell us more about computer brand and model, opeating system, etc.
You are missing software or drivers, usually free, than will enable proper operation when downloaded and installed from the maker of your computer, or your operating system.
It could also be resources limits such as memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-crashes-whilst-watching-videos.174546/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello Before i start explaining i did not Computer games during down shuts playing have this problem before i upgraded im not the best at computers So i bought a new video card NVIDIA GTX TI cause my old card was really bad So when i started playing i tested the graphics on APB All Points Bulletin Computer shuts down during playing games before i upgraded i would only be able to play on Computer shuts down during playing games low without lag but now i could play on High And so after mins or so of playing my computer would just turn off and then on agian after about secs I started it up agian and put the graphics on low and disabled all the special graphics options put the fan speed on high Now i can sometimes play for hours and sometime only mins which is really wierd cause GTX TIis suppose to handle atleast High on a game like APB So what i am wondering is what is causing this problem and what can i do to fix it Computer Specs Computer HP pavilion m me Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Video card NVIDIA GTX TI Memory gb RAM OS Vista amp SP Power supply watts Not sure how much The picture shows the temps of my computer just for sure Thanks nbsp

A:Computer shuts down during playing games

The problem is your power supply, 300 is not enough for gtx 560ti, get 550+, open your case and look at your powersupply,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-during-playing-games.176641/
Relevancy 23.65%

I hijacked randomly? Mouse/keyboard have a wireless keyboard mouse sometimes randomly my mouse won t move for a long time it ll move opposite direction i tell it to move slower than it normally does With my keyboard sometimes it will get stuck on a bunch of letters decide to not respond when I mash every letter Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly? Explorer Marc ZEUS administrator Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Marc at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly? Disabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly? svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Users Marc AppData Roaming Mikogo M -Service exe C Users Marc AppData Roaming Mikogo M -Capture exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin pg ctl exe C Program Files x SafeConnect scManager sys C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Users Marc Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe I Program Files Security Stuff PSI PSIA exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Windows system conhost exe I Program Files Security Stuff FileHippo com UpdateChecker exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Actual Multiple Monitors ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter exe I Program Files RainMeter Rainmeter exe C Program Files Soluto SolutoService exe C Program Files x SafeConnect scClient exe I Program Files Security Stuff PSI psi tray exe C Users Marc AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe I Program Files Itunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Users Marc AppData Roaming Mikogo mikogo-host exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc I Graphics Card ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe I Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE I Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Actual Multiple Monitors ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe I Graphics Card ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Versi... Read more

A:Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly?

Whenever this has happened in the past I've always been on the internet and it doesn't feel like a hardware issue... I have standard logitech wireless mouse/keyboard. When I run ESET and Super anti-spyware the problem seems to go away. If people think this is just a hardware issue randomly then I'm not going to worry about it, however if people think it could be a random hijacking then obviously I'm going to worry about it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-keyboard-hijacked-randomly.176439/
Relevancy 24.94%

Having dredged the internet, I came across this forum amongst the many with questions relating to cd drives working but dvd not etc, but my issue is slightly different, i think.

CDs seem to play ok, and so do DVDs, but I seem to have a problem with my laptop reading a disc with DS games on it that it used to read no problem. The discs can be used in my other half's laptop, so it is clearly a problem with my laptop.

I'd appreciate if anyone could advise where I can start to solve this problem

A:Music and video play on laptop CD/DVD drive but not data files

You need to have the CD/DVD drive replaced. Internal lasers fail in strange ways. The drives are not too expensive and they are easy to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-and-video-play-on-laptop-cd-dvd-drive-but-not-data-files.175583/
Relevancy 22.79%

This is my problem:

My pc shuts down if i play games like: Dungeons and dragons online, call of duty 4, Medal of honor 2011.

I read some other treads about computers shutting down when games were played but those treads were shut down so i had to make a new tread.

I hope you guys can help me a bit!

Specs:

intel core i7 first generation
4 GB RAM
Nvidea Gainward GTS 450
ASrock x58 motherboard
1Tera Hitachi HD
500W powersupply <-------------i tink this is the problem but i'm not really sure

Speedfan is telling my:

GPU temp:40 C
cores are around:45C

A:PC shuts down when playing games

Yeah try another power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shuts-down-when-playing-games.174643/
Relevancy 43%

I have a sony vaio VGN nw350f that keeps freezing while playing online videos and games. When it freezes the sound will keep playing but at a slower, louder, more annoying speed. Sometimes when I restart or turn on the laptop after shutting it off it will tell me "Operating system not found" or just blink _ at me. Don't know if these symptoms are related.

I tried downloading both intel and sony display drivers where at first I was able to install, now when I try to install any of the drivers it says I don't have the right drivers for the right OS.

edit: I have already restored the HDD to factory default.

A:"Operating system not found" and freezing while playing videos

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VGN-NW350F/B

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/operating-system-not-found-and-freezing-while-playing-videos.174799/
Relevancy 26.23%

As a part time DJ i spend a lot of time playing the same laptop a Recording music from music in the same order so i was thinking what if i Recording music from a laptop could just sit down and record the tracks that i play Recording music from a laptop directly into one Recording music from a laptop big MP and then it would save me having to load and cue each track I use a program called ClubDJ Pro its a twin deck system with a predefined playlist i can usually just load a playlist and tell it to cross fade during the last quot X quot seconds of the song X being a set time between and seconds However i find some songs have an extended silence at the end that can when i first played them mess up the auto cross fade facility and as anyone will tell you silence is deadly when your doing DJ ing So is there a program i can use to either record directly from my program or use another PC or laptop to record onto i assume i would use the earphone out on one to the Line In socket on the other PC Laptop and then record onto that It would be good as it then means i can use different mixes of my own nbsp

A:Recording music from a laptop

you might use WavePad Sound Editor to remove the trailing silence

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recording-music-from-a-laptop.174560/
Relevancy 25.8%

My speakers are Logitech Surround Speaker Z506 and motherboard gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3.

I havent got a soundcard but I'm wondering why i cant use 5.1? and what sort of plugins/codecs i need for it? it used to work for my old machine using realtek HD and all 5 speakers work but for some reason my newer machine doesnt work, anyone can help or lead me to find a solution?

A:Speakers not using 5.1 when watching/listening to movies/music

What media player are you using and does it support Dolby 5.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-not-using-5-1-when-watching-listening-to-movies-music.174538/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, on my laptop I've been having horrible lag spikes while playing any sort of game. This problem was not present about 10 months ago and i used to be able to play games very smoothly without any problems.

My Laptop is a Gateway NV52, 4 GB ram, and 320 gb hdd.

I think there has to be something in my backround processes that is eating up so much memory.

I also have a picture of one of these cpu usage spikes, i believe it is pretty bad lol.

Any help to solving this problem would be greatly appreciated, it is such a hassle to play games and just having my fps go down the drain and my laptop running so slow

A:Constant 100% CPU usage, lag spikes on laptop while playing games

Try downloading and running this tool:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

What anti virus and anti malware programs are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-100-cpu-usage-lag-spikes-on-laptop-while-playing-games.173820/
Relevancy 23.65%

I own a Gateway MD2614u and it has been true to me for the last 2 years, but now it has a little problem. The screen turns black and will not come back on unless I hold down the button and restart the computer. It is not the backlight on the screen and it is not the screen itself. I hooked an external monitor to it to confirm and it made that screen black as well. I was using Windows 7 Ultimate X64 on the machine however I reverted it back to Vista Home Premium X64. The problem reoccured even with its intended operating system. Does anyone have any ideas what the cause of the problem is? I don't believe it is the cable or the monitor.

A:Laptop screen goes black randomly

It may be that the GPU is overheating or failing. Try running something like FurMark to stress the GPU. If that causes it to go back quickly, there's a good chance that the GPU is the problem. For most laptops, this is not something you can fix short of replacing the entire motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-goes-black-randomly.173762/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a wired network setup in my home that works perfectly except when my dad randomly Network innaccessable shares visits Essentially I have a modem wireless router that plugs into a Network shares innaccessable randomly few systems on one side of the house then I ran a cable under my house to come up in my bedroom on the other side of the house where I use a coupler to plug in a cable to the other side of this room where it connects with a router which I disabled its DCHP server so it will just act as a hub So this system works fine normally I have several computers with multiple operating systems a few game systems and a few media players plugged in wired and they share files over the network without a hitch Then my dad visits and I have to plug in another cable which runs out to the camper in my back yard we keep for company To plug this cable in first I used a old hub but then I started getting the errors I will describe next so I removed the hub and ran a long cable from the nd router to a nd coupler to reach the ethernet cable that runs outside but the problems still persist Specifically what happens is network shares seem to work fine and all computers can be seen but at some point none of the computers can access the windows network I usually get an error along the lines of quot there are no available networks quot or if the computer or system was already connected to another system on the network if I try to open anything or navigate up or down a directory I get quot invalid computer name quot the errors vary based on OS but these are the general ones From the computer in room I can often see only devices connected my first router the modem wireless router and occasionally this happens in the nd room too where it will only see devices plugged into the same router but more often than not when this happens no other devices can be seen When this happens internet still works EXCEPT for the entirety of this problem my main system in room will randomly not be able to find a website server but after a refresh or two it will work Oddly enough though these problems persist even when the laptop my dad plugs his end of the cable into is off but the problems stop if I unplug his cable I made sure his wifi was off so there weren t any feedback loops but the problem still persists I can usually get things working again usually only temporarily by resetting a router but this only makes it so that routers plugged into that device can see each-other The IP range of my initial router acting as the DCHP server should have plenty more IP s to assign so that can t be it and the fact that the internet still works for the most part while windows networks are down is perplexing For specificity s sake the operating systems of the computers on my network are- windows windows xp linux windows server and a mac OS on my dad s laptop yeah I know I have a weird setup Any help that can be provided is appreciated At the moment I am stuck resetting routers throughout the day if I need to share files it is rather infuriating nbsp

A:Network shares innaccessable randomly

Your description certainly IS interesting.

Oddly enough though these problems persist even when the laptop my dad plugs his end of the cable into is off, but the problems stop if I unplug his cable.Click to expand...

This begs that the cable itself is bad or too long. The longest cable between two connections (eg: a hub to a device) is 100 meters (aka a football field).

Try disconnecting the connection to the secondary router, moving the cable to your primary router, coil the cable on the floor and connect it to the laptop which is in the same room - - if the cable is ok, then all devices on the primary router should have Internet service.

You might also try installing Network Magic (the trial period will be sufficient to watch the activity) on a system close to the primary router and use it to monitor devices connecting to your network

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-shares-innaccessable-randomly.173233/
Relevancy 22.36%

This is my computer:

H67A-USB3-B3
Inet Core i3-2100
4GB 1333MHz Kingston
?Caviar Blue 1TB SATA III
Nvidia 430GT 1GB
390W Cooler-Master

I am not using the USB 3, I am using only 4 USB connections for mouse, keyboard, video cam and 1TB External Drive(not always).

Thank you.

A:USB stop working after playing games

make sure the usb drivers are installed still. right click my computer, properties, hardware tab, device manager. see if there are any missing drivers. if there are, install them.

~ttm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-stop-working-after-playing-games.172753/
Relevancy 47.3%

So the problem is on my laptop When I view videos on youtube it s fine untill i switch to fullscreen My mouse working videos well not AMD playing when 6630m DX11 watching games or will be unaccurate and i will have to place it to the left of the button i wish to press there is also a line usually down the right side of the screen asif the video has been pushed to the left and my mouse doesn t know this The same thing happens with games on DX or and The Sims I tried finding solutions on the internet but couldn t find any I found one which was to disable Hardware acceleration in flash and it fixed it but then I downloaded a video in Itunes and bam the problem reoccured I can t download videos drivers because i m unsure which to download and when I went onto the AMD site i got an erorr message saying contact your dealer as it s not compatible My question is simple AMD 6630m not working well when watching videos or playing DX11 games How do i fix it Btw my laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCCA with Intel i and Win Oh and I know there is a switchable graphics feature but that wont do any good as I play quite heavy games Help please nbsp

A:AMD 6630m not working well when watching videos or playing DX11 games

Try re installing Windows 7 fresh. Most laptops have a restore feature accessed during a start up. Laptops do tend to get bogged down with a lot of unnecessary stuff slowing things down and affecting other programs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-6630m-not-working-well-when-watching-videos-or-playing-dx11-games.172136/
Relevancy 23.65%

My Acer Aspire One D E notebook is only a couple of months old and has started turning stop to know laptop off itself randomly? Anyone my turning how itself off unexpectedly First I noticed when I closed the lid it started to turn off rather than just sleep When I opened it up I would get a message on a black screen giving me the option to restart or Anyone know how to stop my laptop turning itself off randomly? delete something to restart sorry i didn t really understand this message only the second option worked and just seemed to have the same effect as restarting but quicker Now it also turns off randomly when I am using it I don t think it is over heating there is no sign of this It turns itself back on straightaway without me having to do anything The screen just suddenly goes black and has a small white flashing line in the top right corner then reboots itself all programs closed and unsaved data lost but working fine again as though I just turned it on I d be grateful for any advice thanks a lot nbsp

A:Anyone know how to stop my laptop turning itself off randomly?

Sounds like some sort of power problem.

If it's only a couple of months old you should call up and get it checked under the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-know-how-to-stop-my-laptop-turning-itself-off-randomly.170541/
Relevancy 26.23%

i have a green screen when i try to play videos and it just happened randomly, so it cant be becuse ive got the wrong drivers or the os or if i formated because ive had my laptop for about 10 months now and i havent changed anything on it yet its still got all the same stuff that came with it.

any help would be gratefull asap.

A:I have a green screen when I try to play videos

You could try updating video drivers.

Most likely it's your video drivers have you installed a new graphics card or anything like that, or how long have you had your graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-a-green-screen-when-i-try-to-play-videos.171624/
Relevancy 25.8%

Looking for the best headphones for gaming and music... Noise canceling preferred so I can use them in a work environment also. Planning on spending no more than $100. Don't need a mic I can just use a separate one.
What do you guys think?
Thanks!

A:Choosing the best headphones? (gaming/music)

I'm considering using a few more dollars to get the Audio-Technica ATH-A700's, hmm what do you guys think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-the-best-headphones-gaming-music.171298/
Relevancy 22.79%

It turns on but the screen doesnt The backlight is not broken because when turn Asus and laptop screen it freezes on when randomly G73 doesn't does it does turn on randomly everything works Pushing down on the screen works but only as long as I m Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does holding it really So I ve come to the conclusion that the lcd cable has loosened somehow or there is a problem with the program that starts the computer I ve only had the laptop for about months and the problems started about month after buying it And when it does turn on it randomly freezes Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does I have no clue why I m no computer expert and I ve only built a single computer I have already ran defrag and c disk cleanup ran Norton and turned off unnecessary programs The vents are not obstructed and I ve already done what I think is a hard reset Removing the battery holding the power button for seconds and then putting everything back together I m about to throw the thing out the window and I cannot afford any parts to replace or take it to any computer repair shop I only make about a week nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does

Was able to turn it on

Its in safe mode right now and I'm checking the event log 8,894 errors. They are 7023, 7031, 7034, 10010, 14329, 6008, 55, and 8003. The 7000 event ID all occur when im trying to turn my laptop on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-screen-doesnt-turn-on-and-randomly-freezes-when-it-does.170227/
Relevancy 26.23%

I hope I m posting in the correct area for this kind of encompasses a little bit of everything video mainly For the past several days when watching DVD movies on my Dell Dimension I ve noticed intermittent video freeze ups they last for only about to second the freeze up stops the movie starts back up again Now I wouldn t be so concerned about this but when the movie comes back on-line and starts up again the movie skips forward about seconds therefore when the movie is finished playing I think it would be safe to assume that DVD videos freeze, skip? then release, then I ve missed close to minute to maybe even minutes worth of time from the whole film due to this freeze up resume and skip problem I know that it s important in these matters for everyone to know what I m using as far as hardware amp software here goes O S Ubuntu Desktop Version bit Media Player VLC Computer Dell Dimension Hardware Intel Pentium Hyper-Threading Gig CPU Intel xx Mother Board onboard Network Interface adapter Gig s of DDR system RAM Gig internal Maxtor RPM I D E hard drive Nvidia GeForce A DVD videos freeze, then release, then skip? MB DDR RAM Clock MHz Pipelines x Architecture NV card connection - PCI only no PCI-e or AGP only PCI slot Creative XF-i Titanium Fatality capable sound card Sony DVD-ROM drive at x speed Gear Head - USB HUB PCI slot card Watt stock Dell power supply Be aware that everything in regards to mother board connectivity to both the hard drive and DVD-ROM drive are done so through I D E connections Connected Peripherals Microsoft illuminated Reclusa gamers keyboard Microsoft illuminated Habu gamers mouse Panasonic Home Theater system connected via sets of RCA to mm cables AG Neovo inch LCD monitor set to x resolution Again this annoying problem is happening when only watching DVD s I have no problems what so ever when watching things such as an already downloaded video file watching You-Tube Watching Hulu or Fancast all those work great quot Got any thoughts my friends quot nbsp

A:DVD videos freeze, then release, then skip?

That power supply may no longer be sufficient or is failing slowly. Try another higher wattage power supply before anything else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-videos-freeze-then-release-then-skip.170092/
Relevancy 21.93%

hello

I just got a new TV and ive connected it to my computer.

Everything worked fine the first day but the second day i got this wierd problem that my screen gets dragged when im playing games or minimizing my browser or other programs...

abit hard to explain but heres a video... Watch what happens when i close google chrome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-driwkdIM

it might be because of my old graphics card which is a ATI radeon 4650

I really hope thats not the problem but if it is its not that big of a deal since ive ordered a new one

thanks for any help provided

A:Screen drags when playing video games or minimizing

Updated video card drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-drags-when-playing-video-games-or-minimizing.170035/
Relevancy 22.36%

I drive? a mapped network via Playing CD games ve just recently bought an HP Pavilion dm notebook and unfortunately it doesn t have a CD drive Fortunately I mapped the CD drives from my desktop onto the notebook and can install games over that The down side to that is that some games won t run this way I m guessing it s the copy protection getting in the way But my question is is there a better way to play games via the network as if there s actually a drive in my notebook I d like to play games on my notebook via my desktop s CD drive without interference from the copy protection I ve seen programs like Virtual CloneDrive WinMount Playing games via a mapped network CD drive? and etc but they don t seem to support mapping folders to a virtual Playing games via a mapped network CD drive? CD drive I d like to not use disc images if possible So I suppose I d really just like to use my desktop s CD drive as if it s installed on my notebook in a way that s feasible with games Is this possible Advice is greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/playing-games-via-a-mapped-network-cd-drive.169602/
Relevancy 22.36%

My mic in TS and Skype mixes together what I'm listening to like music, game sounds, etc., with my speech. I'm using a headset, so I know it's not because of volume. How do I fix this?

A:How to stop mic from playing speaker sounds?

mute your mic in the playback section in your sound options

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-mic-from-playing-speaker-sounds.168846/
Relevancy 22.36%

When I play games on my PC certain sounds a subdued Specifically voice sounds on some games are to quiet even though voice is turned all the way up or they cant be heard at all Any sound playing with Problem while games help is appreciated Thank you DXDIAG Info ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time Problem with sound while playing games of this report Machine name ZACH-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model SMS A H Monitor Id SAM CC Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-A - F FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOB... Read more

A:Problem with sound while playing games

Is your Creative sound card rather old? Have you tried updating it's drivers from the Creative website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-sound-while-playing-games.169348/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys, new to the forum. My PC specs are on my profile.

So, I have had no problems playing certain .avi video files on my computer, but this evening, for no apparent reason, I tried to play a video and it wouldn't play. Other videos still play, but the ones from my camera do not.

I thought this could have been a codec issue, so I downloaded the latest K-lite Mega codec pack and installed it, but to no avail. An error message came up on Media Player Classic, which can be found here:

imageshack(dot)us/photo/my-images/851/errorvc.jpg/

Your assistance in this matter is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-James

A:Videos not playing, even after updating codec packs

Have you tried using Windows Media Player 11?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-not-playing-even-after-updating-codec-packs.167892/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello,
I got D-LINK DWA-131 WiFi adapter on my bro computer with Win 7. Mine router is Linksys E1000. Adapter connects to internet good, but after some surfing net network disconnects. When I try reconnect I get error and Windows troubleshoot. Only way is to turn adapter off and then on again few times to connect to network. What shall I do to fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-disconnects-randomly.167894/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys looking for some help here I had this problem at the beginning of the summer and thought i fixed it but its asleep falling randomly Monitor back The problem being my monitor going to sleep while I m using it and the only way to get it back is to reboot It first happend when I was playing Mass Effect and After a little research I narrowed it down to my graphics card overheating When I started monitoring it the temp would regularly get into the s C and also hit into the s Monitor randomly falling asleep One trip to best buy later and an extra gpu fan and it was better I think I was also careful to take breaks and let it cool Monitor randomly falling asleep Now more recently its been doing it occasionally It has happend once or twice in windows but I recently started taking a comp sci class and wanted to install Linux just for fun so I partitioned part of my HD for ubuntu Now I m not sure if its Monitor randomly falling asleep because of this but while playing in Ubuntu my monitor has fallen asleep three times today alone Once was when I was changing the background once when I was downloading pictures and once when I was trying to find out how to get the sidebar I had back So I guess my first question would be is this a hardware problem like I think or is it because of the ubuntu My money was on graphics card but I took it out and have been using the on board gpu for the past few hours and after the last indecent mentioned above I have run out of ideas and found myself here Any recommendations would be appreciated Note This is my first note so I apologize if im missing something or am in the wrong section or something like that Specs Win x OS AMD Athlon x Ghz processor Biostar TA G M motherboard G ram Nivida GT mb graphics card the one I took out W rosewill power supply nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-randomly-falling-asleep.167785/
Relevancy 46.87%

DMA is enabled...

The sound is synced to the voices, but the music seems to be playing slowly. Like in slow motion.

Have tried playing with several different audio players... VLC (VLC default codecs) and k-lite codecs as well...

Any suggestions?

Thanks much..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voices-fine-but-music-playing-in-slow-motion-during-dvd-playback.167687/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello iv been having problems with my internet since the start of this month it runs perfectly fine but randomly it will lag spike Can t load web sites can t do anything really but it won t DC It has went to local internet only a couple times but came back to full internet really fast It will do this randomly it can spike for seconds to minutes and these spikes can happen constantly for an hour or not even happen for an hour Iv contacted my ISP and they sent someone over to check my phone line Modem DSL Broadband btw and they said they found no errors they also changed my network server to a different one they checked to see if i had a virus or was getting DDOSd they said everything came up clean Iv ran a ping test on various sites and it will be normal but during the lag spikes ill have anywhere between packet loss or Iv also pinged my default gateway without the router and i get the same thing Request Timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost lo Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this I never had these issues before The modem is brand new They gave me new ethernet cords and everything Also when i reboot my modem and it comes back on it won t connect to the primary DNS server when i run diagnose and i have to restart my DSL laggy Randomly computer before i can load any websites I use windows vista nbsp

A:Randomly laggy DSL

So your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is no help with this? After all it is their responsibility isn't it? What are your computer's complete specs? Have you run any antivirus and anti-malware scans yet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/randomly-laggy-dsl.165854/
Relevancy 21.93%

Whenever I play a video or run a game, white flickering horizontal lines start appearing on the screen, is there a way to make this stop?

A:Horizontal white flickering lines when playing a video

What are your computer specs. Look at my specs in the drop-down box in the upper right corner of my posts to give you an idea what we need...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/horizontal-white-flickering-lines-when-playing-a-video.165556/
Relevancy 21.93%

I hope i have the right board. Anyway I have a sony viao laptop.
It plays random adverts all the time. It also happens when I click play on a youtube videos or the likes. It'll play over the video its very annoying.

I have scanned the laptop with fully updated AVG, NOD32, SPYBOT, MALWARE BYTES, SUPER ANTISPYWARE.
not all at once but installed them one at a time an updated them.
they all found absolutly nothing.

I've uninstalled most programs also to narrow it down but it seems to be none of them.

I've always had AVG up to date so I dont know how this happened.

Does anybody have any ideas? I'd hate to have to wipe the laptop cause im away from home for a few months and dont have discs and drivers etc.

Cheers

A:Sony Vaio laptop playing random sounds

Try performing a Sony restore function for the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-playing-random-sounds.165081/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I have a Toshiba Equus laptop and the cover for the `x` button has fallen off and it seems to have sent it a bit mad, if I want to type that letter it wont but it does type it several times when I dont want it to! Any ideas please?

A:Toshiba keyboard playing up!

If you have lost the key cap, the only way to fix this is to replace the keyboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-keyboard-playing-up.164885/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hiya

I've just been browsing on the internet through my wireless router.
Now its not working, its saying i'm connected to the router but not letting me go online.

I did the cmd winsock thing and that made no difference. I then connected through the cable and it was working fine, now i've unplugged from the router and its loading reallllllly slow/un usable.

Whats happened? it was saying it couldnt connect to dns server 192.168.1.1, but then it started working... but now its not :/

A:Samsung Vista laptop wireless now playing up

This sounds like either a fault with the routers wireless transmission or your wireless card in the PC.

Start by resetting the router, there should be a reset button somewhere on it, usually you will need a thin wire to push into the whole and hold it until the router responds. This will reset it to default so any security settings will need to be reset.

If there is no change take a look in Device Manager for your wireless card under Network Adapters, right click on the device and select properties, check to see if it reports any problems. If no problems are reported try uninstalling the device and then reboot so that windows will reload the drivers.

Let us know how you get on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-vista-laptop-wireless-now-playing-up.164793/
Relevancy 24.08%
A:Screen resolution changes randomly

Usually this is a problem with your video driver conflicting with some other program. You are running an old version of Internet Explorer. This tells me that you are missing some critical XP updates. Run Windows Update, paying attention to all critical and hardware updates. While your at it, you have too many toolbars.That search hook looks bad... Is Avast running and updating properly? You may have a malware infection

You may want to post this here:
Virus & Malware Trouble

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-resolution-changes-randomly.164416/
Relevancy 24.08%

i have a customers computer that randomly shuts down in the middle of just general usage. I will do the basic trouble shooting, but any further info or tips would be great. Thanks.

A:Computer randomly shuts down

Common causes for this would be overheating or PSU failure.

Download and install this to keep an eye on your CPU temperature. Set it to display the temps in the task bar. If the temps are going over 80C you should check the fan is OK and that the heatsink is clean, also replace the thermal paste on the CPU.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-shuts-down.163585/