Windows Support Forum

When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down

Q: When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down

Hi I have windows vista ultimate they slows When playing down and music, videos randomly and I make tons of videos In November I built a new pc and it worked great no problems specs are at the bottem Now I only have one problem and to me this is a big problem I make tons of videos with my freinds and sometimes for money Im going to college for When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down video in a year and a half so I need to do as much now as possible The problem is that all songs and videos on my computer randomly will slow down for - seconds then continue as if When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down it hadnt happend I have no idea what the cause of this is This did not happen until february when I got windows vista before installing it I completly formated my harddrive and installed vista ultimate previously had windows xp pro Now I have no idea how When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down to fix this problem You now are probably wondering why I waited so long to say this but I just finally had enough of it I just put up with it for so long It does not only slow down while watching and listenign to videos and music on my computer but also when I watch videos off of the internet even if they are completly buffered I know there can be conflicts with video codecs not really sure what that means or how i would fix that but any suggestions at all would be extremly helpful Thank you VERY much -Nick Computer specs Motherboard ECS KA MVP Videocard Geforce GT Processor amd athlon x am Memory gb Soundcard onboard Operating System XP now vista ultimate Harddrive gb rpm wd gb rpm wd nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: When playing videos and music, they randomly slows down

Bump................

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-playing-videos-and-music-they-randomly-slows-down.75268/
Relevancy 80.41%

I just purchased a gaming laptop from a friend Basically what is happening is that whenever I play any type of music On playing Laptop help! music, slows while need windows media vlc even streaming music if I m doing ANYTHING else on my laptop the music skips and the computer lags This includes using any program browsing the internet etc The only way I can play songs without any issue is just not Laptop slows while playing music, need help! do anything else However videos don t do that playing games don t do that I can stream from netflix and still be able to do other things without any problems It is just when I play music It makes no sense to me Can anyone help with this very annoying issue I have Windows Ultimate edition Windows Ultimate Service Pack Processor Intel Core Duo CPU P GHz Installed memory GB System type -bit In device manager for sound video and game controllers it has Realtek High Definition Audio listed and the drivers are up to date Any help would Laptop slows while playing music, need help! be GREATLY appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop slows while playing music, need help!

I just purchased a gaming laptop from a friend

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53 GHz
6.00 GB RAMClick to expand...

That laptop appears to be about 6 years old and is not a gaming one.

What brand name and model name and model number is it?

---------------------------------------------------------

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) file.

After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.

Information about that laptop will appear.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-slows-while-playing-music-need-help.1150853/
Relevancy 80.41%

i just reformatted my pc at lags a little when playing playing down or pc video slows when music videos and even mp 's i ran adaware and spybot and cleared pc slows down when playing music or video the found items here's my log Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe D PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe D Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe D Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE D WINDOWS System svchost exe D PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe D PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe D WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE D Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe D WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe D Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe D Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files BinarySense HDDlife HDDlife exe D Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe D Hjt HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC D PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC D PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update D Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility D WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run DeviceDiscovery D Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe O - HKLM Run zzzHPSETUP G Setup exe O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon D Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup HDDlife lnk D Program Files BinarySense HDDlife HDDlife exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res D PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - D PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - D Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - D Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - D PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - D PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe O - Service Diskeeper - Executive Software International Inc - D Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe End of KRC HijackThis Analyzer Log

A:pc slows down when playing music or video

I see nothing in your log other than

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zzzHPSETUP] G:\Setup.exe

Do you know what that might be ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pc-slows-down-when-playing-music-or-video-47909.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I keep getting a blue screen when i play music from my itunes, or when i play videos or music files online. The error message is something like "kernel page instack error" or something to that affect. It doesnt happen when i play movies from my windows media player or vlc player. I think it has something to do with my drivers, but i really dont know. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

A:blues screen when playing music from itunes, or playing videos online

You can look at this document and follow the instructions
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q315266

Basically it says:
1. Install the latest SP
2. Check your hard drive (chkdsk)
3. Scan for viruses

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blues-screen-when-playing-music-from-itunes-or-playing-videos-online-501305.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have had this problem for a while, for some reasons, the videos that I play, from YouTube or anywhere else, stop playing, I hear no audio, and the video skips every 2 seconds

The songs that I try to play on the Internet don't play at all.

Need some help

~Sonic

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/music-files-and-videos-not-playing-478811.html
Relevancy 74.39%

So i have tons of videos i take from my gopro and my phone that i downloaded on my notebook but when i click the video it lags so much. the video plays but it take like 30 seconds to see a 10 second video its so choppy. Same happens with music i cant listen to that either. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Trouble-Playing-Music-and-Videos/td-p/5619884
Relevancy 74.39%

All of a sudden, I can't play any online music video's. If I go to vidilife or clearchannel and click on a music video, all I get is that small X in a box in the upper left hand corner. Windows media is my default player. Any thoughts? TIA

A:Playing online music videos....

uninstalled any programs lately?

or maybe just try re-installing the browser!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playing-online-music-videos.463067/
Relevancy 74.39%

So i have tons of videos i take from my gopro and my phone that i downloaded on my notebook but when i click the video it lags so much. the video plays but it take like 30 seconds to see a 10 second video its so choppy. Same happens with music i cant listen to that either. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Trouble-Playing-Music-and-Videos/td-p/5619872
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello For the last three weeks I have had problems watching videos online and Videos Music and Problem Playing now even playing songs on sites such as myspace My computer usually runs very fast If I go to youtube and try to watch a video it will play normally but the load does not keep up therefore it Problem Playing Videos and Music stops every two seconds plays and then stops again On myspace videos will now play for six seconds only Even songs on my play list will stop randomly and go to the next song due to load issues on myspace Everything else runs fine such as opening up pages on the internet It is only with videos and music that I have been having problems with I have had a slow internet day everyonce and a while but this has been going on for three weeks now I have done scans with my McAfee with nothing found and I did a system restore to two weeks before this Problem Playing Videos and Music problem started Can anyone please help Thanks and Best Regards Isaac Infante

A:Problem Playing Videos and Music

Do you have the latest version of Flash?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174885/problem-playing-videos-and-music/
Relevancy 74.39%

I get the message below with every video or mp3 no matter what program I use to play them. I even just made a video clip with my web cam and still got the same message when I tried to play it. I have ran the recovery manager set the computer back 2 weeks and was able to play video and music for about 2 days,

I need help

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

A:problem playing music and videos

Try downloading the final Vista codec package:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Vista_Codec_Package_d5326.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-playing-music-and-videos.641373/
Relevancy 73.96%

tried to play any music in itunes and no audio, music bar line never leaves the far left end.
tried to watch video and no audio, video itself is fine but the sound disappeared no clue how or why.
tried to raise the volume meter for the audio of windows itself and the audio is ok. and also my computer is not on MUTE.
any thoughts on why this is happening? no audio/sounds on any media related files but on the sound effects of windows itself is fine.

update: i tried watching a video from youtube and the audio is working fine. so i really have no idea what's going on with my laptop now.

A:no audio when playing music or watching videos.

Please fill in the "My System Specs", including what sound hardware you have. All we are left to do is guess without it.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/57794-no-audio-when-playing-music-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi There Hope you can help me I have a Tiny Pc I know oh dear I hear you say I bought it in so it s not new but have never had a problem with it till about months ago When I listen to music or watch video be it via cd dvd on the hard drive or streaming it stutters all the time Video image stutters too Even when I turn it on the windows start up music stutters It s driving me mad as you can imagine I ve tried loads of things updated all drivers and installed new sound card and im now wondering if the motherboard is on its way out Have any f you had this happen before or heard of it Any help would be greatly received as it possibly the most annoying thing ever My system is below System XP Professional SP AMD athlon tm processor GHz GB of RAM Cheers Jon nbsp

A:Pc stutters when playing music, videos, streaming and when clicking anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-stutters-when-playing-music-videos-streaming-and-when-clicking-anything.890449/
Relevancy 73.1%

My audio on my laptop is dragging when i am playing music or music videos on it or any videos for that matter. What do i need to do? Is there maybe something i need to download to make the audio play better? Please help!

A:audio on laptop dragging while playing videos and music

ummm...can u please explain the 'dragging' term you used? Also, is it just the audio, or are you experiencing issues with the vide when it plays. What sound card are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/215429-audio-laptop-dragging-while-playing-videos-music.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Whenever Complete videos music, games playing freeze or I ve tried to play music a dvd or video of any sort or play a game my computer Complete freeze playing music, videos or games has been getting complete freeze ups The problem only started around - days ago I play music in Itunes and this Complete freeze playing music, videos or games is where the problem started however I have also tried using winamp and vlc but I get the same problem I can get anywhere between seconds and minutes of music before the problem occurs Complete freeze playing music, videos or games but when it does it locks up the whole computer i can move my mouse around but nothing can be clicked no keyboard commands are working ctrl alt del alt f etc When the song freezes it will constantly loop the second of the song that it froze on but no other worrying sounds are made by any part of the computer If I m watching a video I once again get between seconds and minutes before a problem occurs the audio will carry on as normal but the video will hang and thats when the whole computer freezes Once again no keyboard commands work and the mouse can move but not interact When playing games everything is fine until i try to close the game or click or alt tab away from it then it will get caught half way between the command and freeze up the entire computer just like the other causes of freezing The only way I can un-freeze my computer is to turn it off at the power button or using the restart button I ve used various anti-virus registry cleaner diagnostic tools etc but nothing seems to have helped the situation a system restore to a time before the problem occured didnt come up with any promising results either If anyone has any ideas of something to try it d be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

So basically my computer has been crashing for about two weeks now. I have just switched from Ultimate 32-bit to 64-bit and they were both clean installs. I was thinking about buying a registry cleaner but i guess ill come to the pros first

A:BSOD while watching videos, playing games or music

Hello Vlandor.

Since you are having problems when running something I have to ask you how old the hardware is. I had a similar problem my self not too lobg ago and it ended turning out to be the harddrive that was faulting.

My recommendation would be to run some benchmarking programs to see if you might get some kind of clues that way. Maybe you can find a bench mark that crashes your computer almost instantly compared to the other programs. I would recommend starting of with Prime95 for CPU stress testing and 3DMark for stress testing of your GPU. Please come back and tell us the results when you are done with the two.

Also i have to ask if you did any changes to the computer before these problems started to accur. Also a registry cleaner will not help you if you have tried a clean install of windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233719-bsod-while-watching-videos-playing-games-music.html
Relevancy 72.24%

i just upgraded my PC to Vista Ultimate SP and whenver i play music or some video files the sound quot skips quot i don t know how to describe it but it like pauses for half a sec with a skipping sound then plays again like if the cpu usage is at but that s not what s causing it Nothing like this happened in XP playing Audio Vista Skips music/videos In When Solved: just started it happens ever so often i ve search the internet for for about an hour yesterday with no avail I have a intergrated SoundMax digital audio card I ve tried reinstalling the audio drivers check DMA settings on both my HD s tried various media players etc my sound card doesn t have those quot Enhancements quot that i read about People were able to solve their problem by disabling Solved: Audio In Vista Skips When playing music/videos them I also don t have a wireless network card I tried to see if maybe the Solved: Audio In Vista Skips When playing music/videos activity on the HD was causing the issue but couldn t make a connection I tried moving program windows around rapidly but that didn Solved: Audio In Vista Skips When playing music/videos t cause the skipping to occur i m at a loss here any help much appreciated Windows Vista SP Ultimate Dell Dimension Intel Pentium ghz HT GB ram X IDE rpm GB Hard Drive SoundMAX Intergrated Digital Audio nbsp

A:Solved: Audio In Vista Skips When playing music/videos

i just tried reinstalling my audio drivers and chipset drivers, disabling and re enabling the sound card via the BIOS, still there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-audio-in-vista-skips-when-playing-music-videos.747948/
Relevancy 72.24%

it becomes more frequent and severe,can somebody look at the dmp files,whocrashed says it's not hardware problem
it's something about memory it says
Attachment 270614

A:BSOD while browsing web playing games/videos/youtube/music

Daemon Tools/Alcohol %

Code:
dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Jan 13 19:45:46 2012 (4F10358A)
Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although we have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions). Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

As an alternative, many people recommend the use of Total Mounter or Magic ISO

Security Software

Right now I cannot see any security software installed on your system, did you have any? removed it for some reason? Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software. Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are recommended from a strict BSOD perspective. They do not cause blue screens on the system as other AV products do.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
Do not start the free trial of MalwareBytes, unselect that option when prompted.

Update and make full scans with both separately.

Start up

Keep less stuff at the start-up. Only anti-virus, this helps avoid driver conflicts and improves time to log in to windows.
Troubleshoot a Problem by Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7 or Vista
How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7

Virus check

Scan your system with the following:

Kaspersky TDSSKiller - How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)
ESET online scanner - One-time virus scanner free with ESET online scanner

Disk Check

For errors on your Hard drive(s): How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Debug session time: Tue May 28 21:07:45.950 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:26:43.574
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800809d43a, fffff88005cb5a50, 0}
Probably caused by : afd.sys ( afd!AfdTLReleaseIndications+1a )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun May 26 15:07:30.778 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:22.401
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800279b598, fffff8800279adf0, fffff880012a6d64}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun May 26 03:19:40.247 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:07:50.870
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050033, 6f8, fffff800040c9447}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
PROCESS_NAME: Transformice.e
Debug session time: Wed May 22 01:16:40.607 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:09:12.230
BugCheck A, {fffffa7fffffffd0, 2, 1, fffff800040924ec}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiInsertPageInFreeOrZeroedList+54c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: mpc-hc.exe
Debug session time: Tue May 21 10:29:04.734 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:33.342
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050033, 6f8, fffff800040cfef6}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
PROCESS... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292118-bsod-while-browsing-web-playing-games-videos-youtube-music.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello!
My computer has recently started doing these things.
It's very noticable, I cannot watch videos/listen to music and also cannot play any games sometimes.

When playing games it goes for minutes okay, then my FPS drops to 10 or so and sound starts to make static noises.

Everything what has sound does those static noises and it really drives me mad.

I've tried reinstalling antiviruses, scanning, cleaning registries, uninstalling almost all programs and games, cleaning my HDD from unused files, reinstalling drivers and codecs, nothing helped. I don't want to reinstall my windows, because I have a movie project started and I cannot backup ALL my files, it's really huge.

Thanks in advance.

A:Computer slowed down, static sound while playing music/videos.

Hi,

sounds like you've done most of the things we'd suggest. It sounds to me like your machine or graphics card may be overheating? Is there adequate ventilation around the machine? Also, take the cover off and blow out any dust, especially in the CPU heatsink.

Also, while the lid is off, check the graphics card fan (if it has one) is spinning freely.

Finally, you may want to download speedfan from

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

to see if you can glean any insight into temperatures.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-slowed-down-static-sound-while-playing-music-videos-441271.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So I have a problem similar to this post (which is now closed): http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/936703-random-music-playing-virus-stdrt.html

My laptop, running Windows 7 will randomly play music. It's always the same tune (an electric guitar tune), and it runs 2 or 3 times in a row and disappears. Task manager reports nothing unusual and I've tried closing every process I can. Closing audiodg.exe stops it for a second until audiodg.exe starts again.

I have MBRcheck.exe and OTL.exe as per the other post, but I didn't want to run anything until I have specific instructions.

This really has me stumped and is very annoying - hoping someone can help.

Thanks.

Relevancy 72.24%

My computer has started randomly playing music and advertisements after recently downloading a program to watch a live sporting event I know it was not a great idea Originally I was also unable to access the internet yet after running Malwarebytes that has been corrected However I cannot figure out how to get rid of the music issue I have tried Spybot and Kaspersky to no avail Any help would be appreciated I have attached the log files below for each thing requested Hijack This Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Norton Identity Safe Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files music Computer randomly playing x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI psi exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exe C Users Justin AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Justin AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Justin AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Computer randomly playing music C Users Justin AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Justin AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe C Users Justin AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Justin AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Justin Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd bestbuy amp pf cndt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd bestbuy amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO vShare Plugin - C - BB- -AF E- FAEDACF - C Program Files x vShare vshare toolbar dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton AntiVirus Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - AB C -A EC- f-B FE- B B A F - C Program Files x Norton Identity Safe Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO HelloWorldBHO - ABD B E -B - B-A - ... Read more

Relevancy 71.38%

Greetings all,

So this problem seemed to pop up after I enabled the guest account feature. I have since disabled it.

Anyway, whenever I attempt to play music, a video, or anything with sound (including internet videos and stuff) the keyboard and mouse will both freeze. But the weird thing is, the video will keep playing and the computer will continue to apparently operate.

I have already tried uninstalling my integrated sound card drivers, deleting them, and re-installing them, but no luck with that. Also tried SFC /scannow, but no discrepancies were noted.

I don't have any system restore points either...

Any ideas on what might be happening here? I hope it's not a hardware issue...

EDIT: When I hit the restart button (hardwired to MOBO) and programs start to shut down, the mouse and keyboard start to work again before the computer shuts down.

A:Sound Not Working; Playing Music/Videos Freezes Keyboard and Mouse

I suspect the sound is just a byproduct of whatever is causing the keyboard and mouse lockup.
The key, as I see it, is the reset and when "programs start to shut down" it unlocks, again suggesting some program or other hardware device is the problem.

Are the keyboard and mouse wired or wireless? and if wireless are they separate or on the same wireless connection?

What media player(s) are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/400348-sound-not-working-playing-music-videos-freezes-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I ve beenexperiencing this problem for awhile now When I watch videos for example abc go play pc games or listen to music itunes my videos to music Computer Freezes Up games. or playing or watching some listening when computer would randomly freeze up and make a loud sound The audio would sound like abroken record and I can t exit out so I have to do a hard shut down on mycomputer Also I notice my internet connection is slower than usual I do havevirus spyware protection and I have scaned to see if there was a virus but itshows nothing serious My computer is about years old I would Computer Freezes Up when watching videos or listening to music or playing some games. greatlyappreciate it if you guys have any suggestions as to what I should do Thecomputer specs are Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express ChipsetFamily Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated andEnabled I am a single mom and not getting any help from their dad Icannot take my only pc for repairs for financial reasons I would appreciateany help you guys could offer me in fixing this problem Thanks Chasity nbsp

A:Computer Freezes Up when watching videos or listening to music or playing some games.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-up-when-watching-videos-or-listening-to-music-or-playing-some-games.1082811/
Relevancy 71.38%

I'll just be randomly playing music and all the sudden the volume will get a lot quieter, after awhile it will get normal again, sometimes it will go higher than normal too. This happens when I play a game or music. Usually it lasts about 20 seconds after changing but often it can go high to low to lower in a matter of seconds, this all happens randomly too it's not only happening when my music gets louder or quieter. I checked wires and the volume control center and no bars are moving. It happens on all media players and all games and movies and all sorts of things.

I have Windows XP Home SP1, 2.4 ghz Intel P4 processor, SB Audigy, 1 GB DDR ram, Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro 128 mb. Any help will be MAJORLY appreciated, as this problem really makes doing anything involving sound on my PC sound like crap.

A:Volume randomly changes playing games/music

Try updating drivers first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-randomly-changes-playing-games-music.229311/
Relevancy 71.38%

I m running Windows XP I use the Windows Firewall and I run Malwarebytes Starting roughly a week ago I get random instances of music commercials playing sometimes accompanied by a popup ad and it s freezing the computer after a time Malwarebytes doesn t playing freeze and computer randomly, Music pop-ups, fix the problem Please help I ve posted the logs below -CoryDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by HP Administrator at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - FW Norton Internet Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k Music playing randomly, pop-ups, and computer freeze netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCD exeC Program Files Seagate Basics Basics Status MaxMenuMgrBasics exeC Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs USBTip USBTip exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exeC Program Files Roxio CinePlayer DMXLauncher exeC WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exeC WINDOWS Samsung PanelMgr ssmmgr exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exesvchost exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS arservice exeC WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exeC Program Files HP Digital Music playing randomly, pop-ups, and computer freeze Imaging bin hpqimzone exeC Program Files Seagate Basics Service SyncServicesBasics exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X HPZIPM EXEC WINDOWS system PSIService exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system Tablet exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM CPSHelpRunner exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Search URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktopuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf mStart Page hxxp www yahoo com mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmluInternet Settings ProxyServer uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt localuSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo comuURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO Adobe PDF... Read more

A:Music playing randomly, pop-ups, and computer freeze

Hi,ComboFix should be run only when requested to do so. Post contents of c:\ComboFix.txt log that should exist there since your earlier run.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320972/music-playing-randomly-pop-ups-and-computer-freeze/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have reached my limits trying to find the cause of this on my own, please help.

My desktop PC bluescreens randomly when I use it, sometimes multiple times per day, sometimes not for several days.
The usual BSOD error code is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I have ran a memory test which was successful.
I suspect the gpu hardware failing but I have no real evidence.
Trying to debug the dumps myself has led to a personal deadend.

Hopefully the attached file can help you experienced people to find the specific reason of failure.

Thanks a lot in advance!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69375-bsod-randomly-when-playing-browsing-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

Something on my computer (Windows Vista) is playing the following track repeatedly at random times:

YouTube - Irritating random music that plays on my computer (I recorded this instance of it in the hopes someone can identify the culprit)

I can't isolate the cause of it. There's apparently no fixed trigger for when it starts or stops. Sometimes it loops non-stop until I disable and restart Windows Audio, other times it cuts off halfway (the recording I made is an example of that happening) A whole lot of different malware and virus detection programs including Norman, PrevX, Malwarebytes and online tools like TrendMicro all say my computer is clean.

This thing is driving me nuts because I do a lot of transcription work on my computer, and the unstoppable looping track makes it impossible to get anything done. Anyone know what it is, please?

A:Music playing randomly, scan results negative

Separately, here is the DDS log. When I tried to do a GMER scan I got a BSOD and I'm a little nervy about it now. I hope this is enough info to go with?

DDS (Ver_11-03-05.01) - NTFSx86
Run by Mint Kang at 18:06:42.65 on Sun 04/10/2011
Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000
Microsoft? Windows Vista? Business 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.3059.1893 [GMT 8:00]
AV: Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus *Disabled/Updated* {2F668A56-D5E0-2DF1-A0AE-CB1284F42AB2}
AV: Norman Security Suite *Disabled/Updated* {D038CA80-26F3-90BF-94AA-03C4D945E661}
SP: Norman Security Suite *Disabled/Updated* {6B592B64-00C9-9F31-AE1A-38B6A2C2ACDC}
SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Outdated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Spyware Doctor *Disabled/Updated* {94076BB2-F3DA-227F-9A1E-F060FF73600F}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Program Files\Norman\Npm\Bin\Elogsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norman\Ngs\Bin\Nnf.exe
svchost.exe 4
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Norman\Npm\Bin\Zanda.exe
C:\Program Files\Norman\npm\bin\nvoy.exe
C:\Program Files\Norman\npf\bin\npfsvc32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\EvtEng.exe
c:\Windows\system32\o2flash.exe
c:\Program Files\Fujitsu\PSUtility\PSUService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup
C:\Program Files\Norman\Npm\Bin\scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Norman\Npm\bin\NJEEVES.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Fujitsu\FUJ02E3\FUJ02E3.exe
C:\Program Files\Norman\Npm\Bin\Zlh.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Desktop Calendar\Desktop Calendar.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opvapp.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conime.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norman\npf\bin\npfuser.exe
svchost.exe 4
C:\Program Files\Norman\nse\bin\NSESVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norman\Nvc\Bin\Nip.exe
C:\Program Files\Norman\Nvc\bin\nvcoas.exe
C:\Program Files\Norman\Nvc\Bin\cclaw.exe
C:\Users\Mint Kang\Documents\dds.scr
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uStart Page = about:blank
uDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://hk.fujitsu.com/pc
mDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://hk.fujitsu.com/pc
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = proxy.singnet.com.sg:8080
BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper: {06849e9f-c8d7-4d59-b87d-784b7d6be0b3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelper.dll
BHO: ContributeBHO Class: {074c1dc5-9320-4a9a-947d-c042949c6216} - c:\program files\adobe\/Adobe Contribute CS3/contributeieplugin.dll
BHO: SSVHelper Class: {761497bb-d6f0-462c-b6eb-d4daf1d92d43} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper: {ae7cd045-e861-484f-8273-0445ee161910} - c:\program files\adobe\acrobat 8.0\acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/music-playing-randomly-scan-results-negative-565012.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I have read through all the threads which you have posted about music playing in the background. I too have this problem when i am using IE or when i connect a device to the computer such as an external display, or if my computer remains idle for a while.

I currently have a HP Pavilion m6 1045 dx running Windows 7 64 bit ultimate. I use IE to browse the internet and i am not anywhere near any radio towers.

I have downloaded all your reccomended software and am following direction placed in other posts and will continues to post them to this thread in hopes that i can solve this problem without having to reformat my computer.

A:Music start playing randomly on my computer in background

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 9:24:42 PM, on 1/2/2013
Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16457)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IELowutil.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Users\Nyree Derderian\Desktop\OTL.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_11_5_502_135_ActiveX.exe
C:\Users\Nyree Derderian\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DllHost.exe
c:\program files (x86)\adobe\acrobat 10.0\acrobat\acrord32.exe
c:\program files (x86)\adobe\acrobat 10.0\acrobat\acrord32.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = Preserve
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.bing.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,
O1 - Hosts: 127.0.0.1 localhost
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: Logitech SetPoint - {AF949550-9094-4807-95EC-D1C317803333} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\32-bit\SetPointSmooth.dll
O2 - BHO: URLRedirectionBHO - {B4F3A835-0E21-4959-BA22-42B3008E02FF} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office15\URLREDIR.DLL
O2 - BHO: Microsoft SkyDrive Pro Browser Helper - {D0498E0A-45B7-42AE-A9AA-ABA463DBD3BF} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office15\GROOVEEX.DLL
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: SmartSelect - {F4971EE7-DAA0-4053-9964-665D8EE6A077} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USB3MON] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver\Application\iusb3mon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ToolboxFX] "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\ToolboxFX\bin\HPTLBXFX.exe" /enumn /alertsn /notificationsn /fln /frn /appDatan /tmcpn
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SwitchBoard] C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoa... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-start-playing-randomly-on-my-computer-in-background.1083492/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a slow performing Acer Laptop I've upgraded the RAM Defragged the drive Chkdsk the drive removed virus trojans but playback of videos music and DVDs sputter jerky sound and video still happens Please tell me if I'm missing something slow videos Laptop Music playing (iTunes), Acer DVDs and performance online in this log that will Acer Laptop slow performance playing Music (iTunes), DVDs and online videos help me get this laptop working great Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery Monitor exeC Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files AirPort APAgent exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files UPHClean uphclean exeC Acer Empowering Technology admtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC DOCUME user LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exeC Acer Empowering Technology admServ exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us mg mail yahoo com dc launch d edrov av R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllR - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar ... Read more

A:Acer Laptop slow performance playing Music (iTunes), DVDs and online videos

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261845/acer-laptop-slow-performance-playing-music-itunes-dvds-and-online-videos/
Relevancy 69.23%

This is something that I ve been having trouble with for a couple months now but recently I ve noticed it happening more often The problem is essentially me playing games or watching videos and having the sound video and Computer Up Games Playing Freezes/Locks Randomly Watching Videos When Or mouse completely freeze up I then have to hard restart the computer and sometimes my wireless connection will not work as well Computer Freezes/Locks Up Randomly When Watching Videos Or Playing Games and I ll have to restart the computer again to make the WiFi work I m running Windows SP on Bootcamp on a Macbrook Pro that Computer Freezes/Locks Up Randomly When Watching Videos Or Playing Games I bought in I believe Not sure if it is malware or something else that is causing the problem Hopefully Tech Support can help me out here If there s anything else you need from me before you can help me please let me know My Hijack Log dds txt and attach txt are as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x VirtuaWin VirtuaWin exe C Program Files x VirtuaWin modules WinList exe C Riot Games League of Legends RADS system rads user kernel exe C Riot Games League of Legends RADS projects lol launcher releases deploy LoLLauncher exe C Riot Games League of Legends RADS projects lol air client releases deploy LolClient exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Joshua Chen Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadm... Read more

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I just recieved a new custom built computer from Cyberpowerpc I installed the newest drivers for everything but for some reason when I scroll to fast on a web page watch videos at full screen attempt to play a game or even when I am trying to open a program my computer screen becomes distorted with pink and green lines and my watching playing Computer scrolling, when Freezes videos games. Randomly or mouse and keyboard are unresponsive and sound dies within seconds If I wait for a good minutes sometimes my computer will restart If anyone Computer Randomly Freezes when scrolling, watching videos or playing games. has any advice what so ever it will be greatly appreciated because I am ready to take out my graphics card and use the on board one If you need any information i will be more then happy to give it to you Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes F WINDOWS System smss exe F WINDOWS system winlogon exe F WINDOWS system services exe F WINDOWS system lsass exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F WINDOWS system spoolsv exe F Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe F Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe F Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe F WINDOWS system nvsvc exe F Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe F WINDOWS System dmadmin exe F WINDOWS Explorer EXE F WINDOWS system RunDll exe F Program Files ASUS PC Probe II Probe exe F Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe F Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe F Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe F Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDClock exe F Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDPop exe F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe F WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE F Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F WINDOWS system ctfmon exe F Program Files Gigabyte Gigabyte WP GS Wireless PCI Adapter SoftAP Installer WINXP RaUI exe F Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe F Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe F Program Files ASUS AASP aaCenter exe F Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE F Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe F WINDOWS system wscntfy exe F Program Files iTunes iTunes exe F Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe F Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe F Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run C Sound RunDll c cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run Launch PC Probe II quot F Program Files ASUS PC Probe II Probe exe quot O - HKLM Run Launch LCDMon quot F Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe quot O - HKLM Run Launch LGDCore quot F Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe quot SHOWHIDE O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE F WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot F Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot F Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot F... Read more

A:Computer Randomly Freezes when scrolling, watching videos or playing games.

I am moving this to the hijackthis section of the forum. If they give you a clean bill of health have them send it back over here and we'll see what we can do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-randomly-freezes-moved-from-xp-220083.html
Relevancy 69.23%

What sounds like radio commercials have been playing on my computer randomly since this morning. I attempted to search for help using Google Search, any link that I clicked sent me to random websites. Norton and Microsoft Malware Remover have been run and neither have shown any viruses.

A:Multiple problems: google link redirection and ads and music playing randomly on pc

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)DownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your replyPlease do not run any other scans unless instructed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457703/multiple-problems-google-link-redirection-and-ads-and-music-playing-randomly-on-pc/
Relevancy 64.93%

Videos will not play - sometimes they will start and then they stop. I have downloaded Adobe player but it doesn't seem to work. The sample videos that came with the Windows 7 system play beautifully. What can I do? Is it possible that the Abobe player is not installed properly? I have uninstalled it several times and reinstalled again but no difference in playing videos.

A:trouble with videos playing from home page news videos and also youtube videos

Name the Website you are experiencing problems with

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-videos-playing-from-home-page-news-videos-and-also-youtube-videos.919447/
Relevancy 61.92%

The Music partition download drive hard music and to Videos exterior from other day I posted my problem download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition with getting a new computer which had win installed When downloading all my backups which had download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition been on an exterior drive they ended up in strange places Suddenly I had libraries and the library had folders but all the folder were named differently No more My Documents download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition my this my that Instead they dropped the my which by itself would not have bee a big deal but then they put my document files into my music folder Well that got me mad I'm a head-hunter and I keep everthing in Outlook Contacts In those contacts I have links to my candidates' resumes folders I also have links from my clients to their folders However after downloading having thought I had done everything by the letter I found the links didn't work What a mess I have over candidates categorized by qualifications I have clients in a similar situation Their links don't work either Then some very nice people from this site suggested I create partitions and lose the libraries At first I was frightened I had heard of partitions but had never been courageous enough to actually try them out I was also angry with Microsoft because they changed things for no reason Time is money and I'm losing money when I have to dick around with the computer instead of on the phone head-junting Feeling defeated I bit the bullet downloaded the software MiniTool Partition It seemed easy enough but I have run into some snags In my need to get organized I deleted all the music in the music folder under libraries And I deleted the My Documents folder from there also I need to make E C amp E Conn much smaller Look C It's huge I need that space for my pictures I don't think I need H Backups because I back up to an external hard drive Disk is the external backup I think When I double click I see all my files in there including my music folder with all my music How do I get them into F Music and Videos partition Any help would be greatly appreciated Oh I almost forgot When I get a new resume in the email I generally place it in a folder for later reading Now I can't place it in E C amp E I get a message saying something like I need administrator permission Well I am the administrator Anyway - baby steps Can you help me to tranfer the music from my external drive to F Music and Videos

A:download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition

Quote: Originally Posted by rikkidegraz

Anyway - baby steps. Can you help me to tranfer the music from my external drive to F: Music and Videos?

Normally, you would just drag them (copy, not move) with the mouse--from the external drive to F:Music and Videos. Can't you do that? But I may be misunderstanding you.

However:

First I would decide how many partitions you ultimately want to end up with on your internal drive.

You need the one named system

You need C

You don't need the others.

Plan 1: put all of your personal files on C and subdivide C with a folder structure: Music, Pictures, Video, Work, whatever suits you. 2 total partitions.

Plan 2: put only Windows and programs on C, and put all data on D. Subdivide D with a similar folder structure. 3 total partitions.

Plan 3: Put Windows on C. Use several different data partitions D, E, F, and so on. One for each data type (music, video, pictures, etc). 4 or more total partitions.

I would lean toward plan 2. You seem to have chosen plan 3.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each of those 3 plans. Plan 3 works, but having a bunch of partitions can be wasteful because you can never anticipate the proper size and growth rate of the data type on a partition.

Your pictures partition is already 80% full.

If you know for sure that you want to stay with those particular partitions, you should be able to use that tool to resize them.

Or you could delete all but system and C, then shrink C to maybe 80, then make new D, E, F, etc.

So you have a lot of control.

If you have everything backed up to the external, I would disconnect it temporarily. That way you can't make an error and foul that drive up accidentally with the tool.

You had best confirm what is on H:backups.

What is supposedly on E:C&E Conn and why that peculiar name?

Report back with your ideas and results of moving those files with a mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/199250-download-music-exterior-hard-drive-music-videos-partition.html
Relevancy 59.77%

my movies, music and internet videos are skipping and moving slow and making my speakers sound like their blown, making my computer slow to respond to my commands.
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

A:videos and music keeps scratching, even internet videos

What are the brand, model, & model # of your computer or motherboard? Which audio card? Which video card? Which CPU? How much ram / memory?

When did the problem begin? What changed?

What happens if you play a music CD?

What happens if you play a song in "Sample Music" folder?

With what kind [s ] of video does the problem occur? A movie DVD? ONLY Streaming program?

If the problem is ONLY via internet, the problem could be:
1. Your computer's hardware.
2. The computer /server to which you are connecting.
3. Your ISP or any line along the internet.
4. A program, such as anti malware, on your computer.

Do the problems occur when you view this? BBC News - Meet the man with the 'best lawn in Britain'

If the problem occurs only when you are viewing an online item, do you connect using wi fi or ethernet?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/videos-and-music-keeps-scratching-even-internet-videos-662682.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So my uncle is having an odd issue. No matter what player he uses all his music on his computer will play ok for a bit, then slow down at random points. I have no clue as to what it might be on this one. He has reinstalled drivers, treid different players, etc. It's a powerful computer and this is not a processing problem. I think it has something to do with itunes messing with things.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-slows-down.795861/
Relevancy 58.48%

I apologize if this has already been addressed. I honestly don't know what I'm doing. My Vista's not playing any of the music files on my computer or my iPod on any music player I use (iTunes, WinAmp, the Rhapsody that came with it), though it plays anything else that's online. Other sounds on the computer are also playing (MSN, AIM, system sounds). What it does exactly is, upon clicking any song in the media library, it shows intention to play it but then stays at 0:00, while recognizing the length of song, name of artist, etc. Did I miss something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-not-playing-any-music-files-plays-online-music-perfectly.666314/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi hope this is the right thread to ask for help Here is my laptop HP dv GB RAM Intel Mobile GHz Windows Ultimate I bought the laptop used about a month ago and everything seemed fine A few days later I noticed that the fan was running a lot so I read a tutorial online and used a can of compressed air to clean out off any dust and such Right away the fan computer was much quieter My situation now is that whenever I watch a video Netflix HULU or even something stored on my HD within a minute or two the video freezes locks up Computer freeze way slows down/videos up or sound and video are lagging quite a bit I have no indications of malware virus and it seems everything else is mostly fine with the computer I did the Windows troubleshooting and it recommended lowering resolution and turning off Windows Transparency I haven t done either because I wanted to ask for help before I start changing settings I installed Core Temp about an hour ago and both Core s are running between - deg C with a Tj Max of C Forgot to mention that my internet speed is currently at Mbps I appreciate any help I can get on this

A:Computer slows way down/videos freeze up

So an update: Was watching some Youtube videos to see how if maybe temperature would go up and sure enough it did. After about 10 minutes of watching videos, the temp starting creeping up, and then the temp hit 78*C and about a minute later the "load" monitor said 100% and that correlated with the video freezing up.

I did another sweep of the fan/fan area with compressed air. Currently the temps are in the low 50's.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457797/computer-slows-way-downvideos-freeze-up/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, i am not sure if this is a virus, but i don't think so, so if i am in the wrong place please tell me, but my pc works fine, it is only when i start watching a movie or video online (Youtube, livevideo, divx, ect)my pc slows down and keeps giving me the buffering signal even though it is already buffered all the way thru, so it makes it impossible to watch a whole video smoothly, onces i stop watching the video my pc returns to normal.......can anyone help?, please and thank you.

Argenys

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pc-slows-down-when-watching-videos-online-209173.html
Relevancy 58.05%

when i listen to music or watch video on my pc it randomly slows down for a few seconds and then catches back up again.it does not matter what media player i use it always does it. it even does it when streaming radio shows.i have tried everything i can think of. everything else is working perfectly.???????????

A:music slows down then speeds back up???

welcome
what is your virus/malware protection?
how much ram is installed? give us the complete specs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/music-slows-down-then-speeds-back-up-186613.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I have a Microsoft Windows xp Media Center Edition version service pack Pentium R cpu GHz GB of ram physical memory left on winver is KB I have tried different media players window realplayer itunes limewire I have tried different types of files mp wave I have tried down loaded songs amp songs down to normal Music & up picks slows copied from my store bought cd's I have logitech speaker system amp when I do a sound check every speaker works amp all volume controls are up amp not on mute Music slows down & picks up to normal Java is up to date update I have windows defender amp live care on my system that is up to date When I play my music on my computer the music starts out okay but then slows down for a second amp then picks up again CPU will go from and then to and then back down again I'm a person that enjoys all types of music and I have tried everything that I could think but I want to hear my music the way it should sound amp not drag slow down sorta like an -track use to drag in the 's oops showing my age My other problem is when I go onto myspace I cannot hear my music or anyone else's on their myspaces but other sites with sound is okay Please can anyone help I miss amp need my music before my computer gets too old Thanks Barb

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/music-slows-down-and-picks-up-to-normal-135459.html
Relevancy 57.62%

ok so im hearing comming from my speakers, some music, but mostly commercials. i was browsing the web and all the sudden i hear "buy a mcdonalds big mac today!" i dont get it i went to task manager and nothing looks weird. here's ahttp://img404.imageshack.us/i/audiosnap.jpg screen shot of active tasks
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

but when i went to audio mixer there is a volume tab for "name not available" and if i mute it music goes away....i dont get it. help!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:HELP! music is playing in the background but no music program is open!

Are you close to a radio station's transmitter site and antenna? That sounds like "RFI" (Radio Frequency Interference" getting into your speaker system.

When you get it, unplug the speakers from the PC but leave them powered on and the volume up and see if you still get it. If you do it's RFI and the speaker system is picking it up or it's coming through the AC power line to the speakers. If this just started I would suspect either a bad cable ground or just a dirty plug connection somewhere in the system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/93651-help-music-playing-background-but-no-music-program-open.html
Relevancy 57.62%

When converting musicfiles from a given format to MP3 with dBAmp(version 12), I can't do anything else on the PC besides waiting until the conversion is ready, and when trying, it takes "hours" before other programs open and the Net I just can forget...

I have 1024Mb RAM, 3200Mhz PC AMD 64 Athlon, XP complete with SP2 and the patches/updates, IE60...

Might there be something wrong with the RAM?

A:Music files conversion slows PC down! Normal?

The simple solution is to open task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and select the processes tab. Sort on the CPU column, and you'll find the process that is consuming all the processor time. Right-click on it and select Set Priority, pick Low. This will greatly improve the situation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-files-conversion-slows-pc-down-normal.587162/
Relevancy 57.62%

Alright so to start here are my specs from what i can remember

P5nsli asus motherboard
8800 gt xfx alpha dog edition
Xfi elite(i know this may very well be the problem)
Pentium d 905 or 930 cant remember.

So basically whenever I use the internet or anything with the 1 gigabit connection I have, music starts having popping sound and cracking. I know this is supposed to be an Xfi elite problem, however I have lastest drivers and everything and it ALSO lags down the whole computer when I go on the internet(this is not a firefox issue or IE, because it does so on any program and only when using the connection)

Hear my plea and help me!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-slows-computer-and-kills-music-286207.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello

The past 2 days ive had my pc slow down randomly. i boot it up use it normally then bam suddenly slows down i can barley use the mouse and type its like everything is in slow-mo.
After i restart my pc everything is fine and i don't get it again till the next day i turn it back on.
Is there any log or anything i can check to see what is causing this or maybe a hi-jack this log?

A:PC randomly slows down

Hello

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/pc-randomly-slows-down-402409.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I am using Vista home premium, sp 2, on an HP Pavilion desk top. It seems when I am downloading a video, it seems to be buffering several times a minute. It slows it down so many times, it just stops altogether and never finishes.
There was a similar issue that I was reading, but it had no finish and it was back in '02. I have used Easy Clean to clean my registry and am currently using Norton 360 and TuneUp utilities to keep it clean and running.
Is there anything you might suggest?
lost

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello.

Until now my computer worked very well but now when I move my mouse in some games, when watching a video, slideshows or in the windows media player (with the visualisations on) slows or if I move the mouse very fast, even freeze those applications. When I stop moving the mouse everything works fine.
I checked the pc for viruses (with a Bullguard v8) but it doesn't have any.

A:Mouse movement slows the videos, games, slideshows...

hello & welcome to TSF,

now what i need to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they

now go to the (event veiwer) this is thru the (administrator tools) in the control panel
here you will find 3 to 4 subcatagories

you will want to check each of them for this is where windows keeps track of all errors
now you will want to make notes of the errors that have been recorded ( you do not have to make notes of double entries just of the dates of their happenings & how many there is)
you will get more information on the errors if you (right) click them / then select properties

also

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to slipstream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /purgecache) then enter / your pc will work like crazy / this helps in rebuiding the cache file (notice the space between (sfc & /)
#5 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & / )

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot

then get back to us

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-movement-slows-the-videos-games-slideshows-224385.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello sevenforums Community since about month im getting Bluescreens which never happened before in years It usually get the when i watch streams on twitch while games : or 0x00007A (LoL) videos STOP BSOD playing playing Error which didnt happen since BSOD while playing videos or playing games (LoL) Error STOP : 0x00007A week on my account though or currently while playing League of Legends But they dont come every game so i can for example play games in a row and nothing happens or i get one them in one game Also they can come at any game time It is kind of random to me how they appear The last two days I got about so i really need help from u guys In the last two weeks i always got this message STOP x A xFFFF FC xFFFFFFFFC E x A xFFFFF A B BE without a sound and the pc didnt instantly reboot But the last days the Blackscreen stayed like second so i couldnt see the error message on it so i dont know if the error changed but there was this buzzing sound I really appreciate help and sorry for my english skills

A:BSOD while playing videos or playing games (LoL) Error STOP : 0x00007A

Code:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
BugCheck D1, {44, 2, 0, fffff8800406a8c1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
Probably caused by : athrx.sys ( athrx+5c8c1 )
Do you have the Atheros Network Adapter installed on your PC? If so, please update it and let us know.
The other dmp file wasn't too helpful - not sure if it was my windbg or if it was just corrupted.

Also can you run chkdsk?
Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362096-bsod-while-playing-videos-playing-games-lol-error-stop-0x00007a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

After unplugging my computer (while it was still running) and plugging it back for a completely unrelated problem, my computer has started to slow down at random times causing audio/video choppiness. I've installed CCleaner and I've run virus checks with AVG Free but I really think it has something to do with how I unplugged my computer. I'm really not sure what to do at this point and I hope I don't have to send it in or anything.

My specs are as follows:

An HP Firebird 802
4 GB RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad PC Q9400 @ 2.66GHz 2.67 GHz
64-bit Operating System
Vista Service Pack 2

If you need anymore information, I'll do what I can.

A:Computer Randomly Slows Down

Hi --

Please run a DirectX Graphics Kernel diag report -
START | type dxdiag | bottom-center of screen "save..as text"

Zip up the text file and attach to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-randomly-slows-down-412325.html
Relevancy 56.33%

This just started sometimes it takes to seconds to open IE when it usually just pops computer down slows randomly up I just scaned with adware and computer randomly slows down spybot and removed computer randomly slows down all the junk but it just keeps happening I just scanned with AVG and that came up clean Other people use this computer and they are not careful where they go online I just did a scan with hijack this and here it is Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGUARD EXE C Program Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe C Program Files The All-Seeing Eye eye exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings home Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVGCtrl quot C Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE quot min O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run LDM Program BackWeb- exe O - Global Startup Defender Pro Firewall lnk O - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exe O - Global Startup VIA RAID TOOL lnk C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleTo... Read more

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi my laptop is a Dell Inspiron E running Windows XP media center edition SP genuine intel CPU T GHz MHz GB RAM ATI Mobility Radeon X I have GB free and GB used It is about years old now The problem is every now and again it slows up a lot I started checking out the down Computer slows randomly task manager to see the performance and i noticed the CPU usage constantly fluctuating anywhere from to to with no programs opened It will stop going to but normally stays moving from to I use to could play a online games as long as i wanted to but lately last couple of months if Computer slows down randomly i am on the game for Computer slows down randomly around - min then it freezes and i have to end the program and then wait for my computer to come down from CPU usage so i can do anything else It gets really annoying waiting for it to respond again I have tried disk cleaning and registry cleaning via ccleaner program and auslogics boostspeed program Also have defraged it with defraggler and defrag program via auslogics boostspeed I have always tried to keep it clean I have BitDefender Total Security and it hasn't picked up anything malicious I do have anywhere from to processes at startup but i kind of have always had that many at startup Let me know if i need to show all those processes If anybody could be of assistance it would be much appreciated THANKS

A:Computer slows down randomly

Please try downloading Winpatrol. Go first to start up programs and see what's starting with your computer. If you don't know if you use them, Google the name and see what experts say. If it isn't needed or a virus you can disable or delete it. Then go to services and do the same. You have WAY too many things running and hogging your resources. You may also want to test you RAM to make sure it's all working.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-slows-down-randomly-372380.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I'm running Windows bit Lately my slows down randomly Computer computer has been running slow at random times in usage which honestly shouldn't be happening at all since I built my computer to take a heavy load because Computer randomly slows down I'm in school for D media art and Animation I needed to power to render the graphics and handle the work load when modeling and animating my projects My mouse suddenly stops responding or Lags and jumps all over the screen my whole computer acts like the CPU usage is at when in fact its closer to maybe I've also noticed that my window I'm working in will deselect randomly as well I have no idea if there is any kind of connection to this at all It's starting to become fairly frustrating I've tried cleaning up my Hard Drive even deleting old and unused programs as well as going through each active running program and double checking to make sure it isn't a virus or malware I've ran multiple Malware-bytes scans which comes up clean Any help in identifying the issue will be greatly appreciated

A:Computer randomly slows down

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs pro... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530893/computer-randomly-slows-down/
Relevancy 56.33%

My computer has been having this horrible slow down problem since the second month ive had it it has been and a half years now and the problem will not go away Mostly everyday my computer will slow way down to the point nothing will work clicking icons pressing buttons ANYTHING will just simply not work I get the spinning blue icon that shows my computer is thinking about it and over time everything will go bright white saying quot Not - Responding quot This happens to all of my programs including Windows explorer itself This happens only SLOWS!! Computer randomly at random times usualy when the computer has been on for hours Ive checked task manager to see what is eating up my CPU because the small yellow blinking light on the PC case for the CPU is on solid light and no longer flashing But all of the tasks are at a perfetly reasonable memory usage and the CPU says it is working at - The CPU Computer randomly SLOWS!! light sounds like it is doing some serious thinking or as if i was running a full system scan but i have done nothing Ive checked the temperatures of my PC and nothing is over heating I open it up anyhow and clean any dust out that i find Ive even unmounted the fan atop my CPU and cleaned out the dust in those hard to reach areas beneath the vent Ive scanned numerous times with the AV which never finds a problem The registry has been scanned and any errors fixed but still no help Also ran diagnostics tests and even ran memtest on my computer and it hasn't found any hardware or memory issues The computer will never shutdown when it is slow like this so i am forced to a cold shut-down I disconnect the power and drain any power that may be left inside I wait a minutes and plug in the power and boot up my computer And somehow it KNOWS to be slow I wait for a long start up long log in and a long wait for my account and the computer will still be just as slow as before Leaving my computer alone for about - hours and it usually clears back up and is fast once again like it is suppose to be gt O Normally the computer is quite fast besides the random slow downs that take hours to clear up If there is anything else you need to know about my system then let me know and ill post my specs

A:Computer randomly SLOWS!!

Test with a clean boot and report results.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Make sure that the AV was a full scan and it was updated
Download and make a full updated scan with malwarebytes.

Speed Up the Performance of Vista

Possibly it is scheduled tasks slowing down the computer
Completely unattach from the internet to test. See if slow down continues.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287927-computer-randomly-slows.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello!

My name is Joe and over the past couple of days my internet has started acting really weird. I'm connected to the internet through a trendnet TEW-643PI wireless network adapter, and the other 2 computers in the house (the wired on connect to the router and another connected through a USB network adapter) arent expiriencing any problems. I play WoW and I first noticed when I started getting really high world latency and when this would happen I would go onto internet explorer and the page wouldn't load. It would just say "Waiting for page to reply" and my status bar will say 'Signal strength excellent". I've run virus check and restored my computer. Replaced the nework adapter as well but no luck! It happens very randomly so idont know what to do anymore! any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Joe

A:Internet slows randomly

Also I would like to point out that my sister is also connected wirelessly on the computer upstairs and isnt have any problems at all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-slows-randomly.983984/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all.

I have a little problem with my mouse for about a month now. I've tried looking around the internet but found no solution. During normal usage the mouse cursor would randomly slow down to a crawl then a split second later the cursor would twitch back in to "position" to where it was suppose to be. (I've noticed this is more likely to happen if the processor is busy ie: click on a link, loading page etc) I've tried everything I could think of, changing mouses, re-installing the drivers, resetting and even reformatting. But the issue always seems to come back.

I am currently using my logitech G500, however this issue is present with the razer deathadder that I borrowed from a friend.
I am using a ASUS K53SC.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

A:Cursor slows down randomly...

http://support.asus.com/download.asp...xEvf3TFaWwIvxq

Try to update your nvidia graphics driver.
Select OS "Windows 7 64 bit", expand VGA to get it.

Update the touchpad driver, too, under Touchpad.

Also, we need to see one more thing, if it is there or not.
Download and install CCleaner.
Click on Tools > Startup
Click on "save as text file" in the right bottom corner.
Save the text file on the desktop.
Zip it, and upload it here.
Following Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278772-cursor-slows-down-randomly.html
Relevancy 56.33%
Relevancy 56.33%

So I searched around for a bit and found a few discussions about the Music app crashing but none appear to be the problem I'm having I can open the app and do most things in Music Xbox when crashes app music playing it Search navigate around I can even play music most of the time except for one notable exception When you click on an artist or album the app opens a smaller window in the middle of the app where you can usually Xbox Music app crashes when playing music play the song along with a few other options like Play Top Songs or Explore Artist Whenever I click play from this window the app suddenly closes This does not happen with music that I have files locally on my hard drive it only happens with streaming music I can get streaming music to play as long as I can find a play button elsewhere in the app aside from this window that pops up in the middle of the screen But if a song is already playing I can skip back and forth and navigate around the app I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and this fixes it for a little while but it eventually begins happening again It crashes with zero other apps or programs running I have AVG antivirus running but I disabled that for a while and it still crashes I noticed that when it does crash the Music app doesn't close completely as it's still listed along with other running apps if I hover in the upper left corner and drag my mouse down to view all running apps Thoughts

A:Xbox Music app crashes when playing music

well, you didn't see my post...

app dumping me back to the start screen?

same thing for me. same solution that is a band-aid (uninstalling and reinstalling the app).

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12001-xbox-music-app-crashes-when-playing-music.html
Relevancy 56.33%

while playing music through groove music i am getting error "0x8007045d ".......................................

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441615-while-playing-music-through-groove-music-i-am-getting-error.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am not sure if the title accurately tells what my issue is. I hope I can explain it.

When listening to music on my PC, it does not matter if I use Winamp, Songbird, Quicktime, Windows Media Player, or any other software. Every so often, there appears some sort of distortion, like the drive that the music is on slows down. I dont know if it is the driver or what. Its hard to explain. You have to hear it. I dont think its the mp3 file itself, cause I could play a song and it will be perfect, but then the next time I play it, it will distort. It is really driving my nuts cause I can't find the reason for it.

Anybody out here got any ideas? even crazy ones? Thanks.

Cardnut

A:Odd distortion while playing music in any music player on Win 7 PC

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with application and system logs that can indicate application conflicts, application errors, system corruption, or system critical errors to help us determine if any of these are causing problems with your music playing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209442-odd-distortion-while-playing-music-any-music-player-win-7-pc.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My desktop computer is connected to my wireless router by an ethernet connection When I visit certain sites it takes quite a long time to load It Solved: videos internet to and halt slows problem with Odd pics a - grinding usually happens with videos or Solved: Odd internet problem - slows to a grinding halt with pics and videos forums containing pictures or animated gifs When I go to a website and run a test on my internet connection you see that it starts off with a fast connection and the speed decreases fairly quickly until it is barely registers any speed at all Download speeds seem most affected The same thing occurs with all my browsers firefox internet explorer and google chrome I can download videos off the internet but it is a laborious process I start downloading the video and it slows down dramatically after each megabyte or so If I push the pause button and refresh the download it will download the next megabyte and so on Now if I connect my laptop to the wireless I experience no problems at all I don t think I have a virus since I have scanned my computer several times and have detected nothing Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Odd internet problem - slows to a grinding halt with pics and videos

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-odd-internet-problem-slows-to-a-grinding-halt-with-pics-and-videos.1031694/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello this is my first time posting on this forum Problem I'll run a program such as Stress Tests or CS S and roughly within minutes give or take I start to stutter and soon as I close the program CS S I'll look at my processes and notice that system nt kernel is semi 13%-20% Slows [System] down to randomly. saying anywhere from - CPU in proccesses and Permance it will say roughly which doesn't sound like a lot but I feel the slow down in games moving files doing pretty much anything I've downloaded and used a lot of registry tools I've downloaded AVG i've downloaded Malwarebytes I've done tweaks to the computer thinking it was possibly just getting older even though it's a newer machine [System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly. I've spent months trying to fix this problem alone I'm finnally now asking for help When this occured I would say months ago I'm not exactly sure when but possibly in October I think it may have been when I downloaded Driver Max and updated my drivers I might have crashed while drivers were being loaded on [System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly. I can't completely remember I do remember having IObits and getting rid of it because it made it so CS S Counter Strike Source Steam could not updated I have a DXDiag file and a Hackthisfile System Specs Gateway FX CPU Intel i Nvidia GTX Gigs Ram Gigs of HD x motherboard Window Vista Home Premium SP bit Right now my CPU usage is - if you need me to take more info while this problem is going on let me know Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC spmonitor exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Creative SB X-Fi MB Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Users Mark Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL iGoogle Redirect R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL iGoogle Redirect R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page iGoogle Redirect R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - dcb -df - - - fa b f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar d... Read more

A:[System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly.

Did I put this in the right forum and if so would it be better if I took got all this information when I get the CPU usage problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/system-slows-down-to-13-20-semi-randomly-549137.html
Relevancy 55.9%

This is my first post so sorry if this isnt in the right section I have recently been having a weird problem with my laptop While gaming I has been running fine and then all of a sudden slowing down to then Computer randomly down, up slows speeds a very choppy rate for or minutes and then out of nowhere jumping back up and being just fine again for a few minutes It just continues to do that I am only trying to play Diablo and my Computer randomly slows down, then speeds up computer easily ran it the last couple years no problem Ive also noticed the Computer randomly slows down, then speeds up same problem happening when trying to play online flash games There is no slowdown however with my browser or any other program It started happening a few weeks ago when I was running Windows Vista I wanted to upgrade to Windows so I just wiped my computer and installed Windows figuring whatever it was would get cleared Computer randomly slows down, then speeds up up No luck Ive read around online for answers and i havent been able to find anything I checked and checked again for any viruses nothing I defraged and cleaered up space I ran a registry cleaner nothing Any ideas cuys Here are my specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name HOUSTON-PC Operating System Windows Enterprise -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv GA UA ABA BIOS PhoenixBIOS Release Processor AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce Go Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce Go DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS B C amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id LPLBC Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Ex Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes

A:Computer randomly slows down, then speeds up

Is this your laptop? I'm pretty sure it has no Windows 7 support from HP....Did you run the upgrade advisor before installing?Try updating your graphics card driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304476/computer-randomly-slows-down-then-speeds-up/
Relevancy 55.9%

Sometimes I'll be on facebook and suddenly nothing loads (or takes forever to load).  Things like comments, videos, etc will take forever to load up.  This started happening like 2 days ago.

Edit:  I've notice it happens with Java (I think its Java and flash).  Youtube does the same thing form time to time as well as Steam (what I use to see what games are on sale).  Even when I check stores circulars

A:Internet randomly slows down by alot.

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Click "Next" to c... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559508/internet-randomly-slows-down-by-alot/
Relevancy 55.9%

Very often my computer gets to the point where simply opening a folder takes a minute Then at other times it works just fine I'm running on Vista Home Premium have a duo core processor and gigs of ram so the computer itself isn't the problem It also takes a very long time to boot up though that may be a different problem entirely down a to slows near randomly Computer halt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by jojT at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm Computer randomly slows down to a near halt exe Computer randomly slows down to a near halt C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users jojT Downloads dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files windows live messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background uRun RocketDock quot c program files rocketdock RocketDock exe quot mRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun NVHotkey rundll exe c windows system nvHotkey dll Start mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp download microsoft com download b d bd - - d -a -f adaa f LegitCheckControl cab Handler grooveLocalGWS - FED C-F CA- -A - CB B CD - c program files microsoft office office GrooveSystemServices dll SEH Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook b a f -dda - -b ba- e cd - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c users jojt appdata roaming mozilla firefox profiles g a dri default FF - plugin c p... Read more

A:Computer randomly slows down to a near halt

Hi My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic. The topics you are tracking can be found here.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply.Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just post back here so that we know you're still here.If you still require assistance post a new set of DDS Logs and a description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.If for any reason you did not post a DDS log please refer to this page and in step #6 there is instructions on downloading and running DDS. IF you have any problems just let me know in your next reply or simply post a Hijackthis log.Thanks again and we apologzie for the delay.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220265/computer-randomly-slows-down-to-a-near-halt/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I ve been having this problem randomly for the past year or two and being the chronic procrastinator I am haven t called my ISP but instead have tried to find solutions online nearing the end of my rope so if I can t get help here I ll just have to do it ANWAY Use Embarq DSL and for extended randomly speeds... Connection 56k slows to down periods of time months it will be fine and operate about as it should but then for a few months it will start Connection randomly slows down to 56k speeds... randomly slowing down to a complete Connection randomly slows down to 56k speeds... crawl I ve gotten upwards of k ping in ventrillo Don t know a whole lot about networks but I ve picked up that trace routes are something people usually lead off questions with so heres mine heh Tracing route to google com over a maximum of hops ms ms ms ms ms ms tx- - - - dyn embarqhsd net ms ms ms tx- - - - sta embarqhsd net ms ms ms ge- - car Houston Level net ms ms ae- - bar Houston Level net ms ms ms ae- - ebr Atlanta Level net ms ms ms ae- - ebr Atlanta Level net ms ms ae- ebr Washington Level net ms ms ms ae- - csw Washington Level net ms ms ms ae- - ebr Washington Level net ms ms ms ae- - ebr NewYork Level net ms ms ms ae- - csw NewYork Level net ms ms ms ae- - edge NewYork Level net ms ms ms GOOGLE-INC edge NewYork Level net ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms qb-in-f google com Trace complete Using an Embaq series dsl modem apparently its a router as well just recently switched it to bridge mode after figuring out what it is to see if it was the source of the problem and it doesn t appear to be so and a Netgear WGR v wireless router nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Follow-up of this and this I m opening a new thread because I think we need to start over My computer is slowing down randomly especially when playing games It was worse Solved: down Computer slows randomly before because of an overheating issue Brought it to the computer shop he put back some good thermal paste and dusted the Solved: Computer slows down randomly case worked MUCH better but still slowed down The current issue The difference is that I could alt-tab and start some apps during slowdown I can play Solved: Computer slows down randomly and start up games in a few seconds but after minutes of playing as an example it slows down for a few seconds then starts back again Seeminly randomly My G LCD shows me the processor slowing down to a few percent and then going back up I brought back my computer to the shop he tried to run some tests with BurnInTest but could not even run it So he installed Windows on his own hard drive in my PC ran tests for many many hours and it all worked fine ZERO errors I get the computer back install Windows instead of Vista and same issue I didn t run anything but Steam I am nearly at wit s end I will be trying to run some tests with BurnInTest and HDTune Pro I think the problem may be my secondary data drive which holds all my games Any more ideas What can I use to run some tests Tried to start BurnInTest but it just crashes after a while during the initial launch Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All I have an HP Pavilion p - at least started as that had some stuff upgraded explained below AMD A - Ghz Quad Core with AAHD -HL board save you the time of playing when videos YouTube some PC not playing and games, but crashes others looking it up if needed What happens is the system with will just PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others freeze Occasionally the audio that was playing with stutter infinitely like a skipping CD Rarely I notice the system will stutter once or twice before totally freezing happens in a couple seconds But mostly it just stops When it freezes the only option is to hard reboot I have had this problem for quite PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others some time probably about a year or two At first I really didn't notice any consistency in the crashes seems totally random Some times it would freeze while browsing any random page be it videos forums ad ridden or ad free Any browser as well Chrome Firefox IE It also crashes when playing some games although not other games that have higher requirements e g Guaranteed to crash probably within mins if I play ' -bit Boy' on Steam about as low res as implied but I can go on and hour binges on Elder Scrolls Online or Skyrim with no crashes I have recently noticed that YouTube videos any video is a guaranteed crash within a - seconds I have tried everything I have been able to find to do to try and fix this issue but none have worked So far the hardware parts that have been replaced with new components are the RAM now x GB GEIL Enhanced Corsa PC - HDD now TB WD Caviar Green PSU now EVGA w Plus and added a PCIe graphics card which was removed from the system when it did not fix the problem so that it could be used on a system that was stable The graphics card that was used was a ASUS gb R STRIX that is currently working fine in different system Just as a side note the PSU was replaced to support the graphics card not because it seemed to have failed In fact all of the parts removed from the system work without issue in different systems That's ok I wanted to upgrade anyway I have also used monitoring software to watch the temps and volts during a crash and have never saw any temps volts spike drop or get above normal operation during any freeze This has been tested countless times and each time hardware was replaced I used the programs HWinfo and HW monitor and watched the CPU MOBO RAM graphics card no temps ever got too high or even spiked no volts surged or dropped When all the hardware replacement didn't work and temps seemed normal I even tried replacing the thermal paste used Artic Silver and cleaned the heatsink The only components in the PC that are original are the CPU and MOBO This problem has also persisted through an update to Windows and a clean install of Windows I have updated drivers for VGA LAN WLAN and updated BIOS Installed K-Lite Codec Pack unselecting all the junk it tries to install with it because I read somewhere it could be a codec issue There are probably other programs I have used and steps that I have taken to try and resolve this I just can't recall because of all different things that have been do over such a long period of time I was just hoping that someone would have some other ideas that I can try Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide any other information you might need Thanks for the time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/pc-freezes-when-playing-youtube-videos-and-playing-some-games-but-not-others-1111177.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All I have an HP Pavilion p - at least started as that had some stuff upgraded explained below AMD A - Ghz Quad Core with AAHD -HL board save you the time of looking it up if needed What happens is the system with will just freeze Occasionally the audio that was playing with stutter infinitely like a skipping CD Rarely I notice the system playing games, but when some others crashes PC and videos not YouTube playing will stutter once or twice before totally freezing happens in a couple seconds But mostly it just stops When it freezes the only option is to hard reboot I have had this problem for quite PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others some time probably about a year or two At first I really didn't notice any consistency in the crashes seems totally random Some times it would freeze while browsing any PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others random page be it videos forums ad ridden or ad free Any browser as well Chrome Firefox IE It also crashes when playing some games although not other games that have higher requirements e g Guaranteed to crash probably within mins if I play ' -bit Boy' on Steam about as low res as implied but I can go on and hour binges on Elder Scrolls Online or Skyrim with no crashes I have recently noticed that YouTube videos any video is a guaranteed crash within a - seconds I have tried everything I have been able to find to do to try and fix this issue but none have worked So far the hardware parts that have been replaced with new components are the RAM now x GB GEIL Enhanced Corsa PC - HDD now TB WD Caviar Green PSU now EVGA w Plus and added a PCIe graphics card which was removed from the system when it did not fix the problem so that it could be used on a system that was stable The graphics card that was used was a ASUS gb R STRIX that is currently working fine in different system Just as a side note the PSU was replaced to support the graphics card not because it seemed to have failed In fact all of the parts removed from the system work without issue in different systems That's ok I wanted to upgrade anyway I have also used monitoring software to watch the temps and volts during a crash and have never saw any temps volts spike drop or get above normal operation during any freeze This has been tested countless times and each time hardware was replaced I used the programs HWinfo and HW monitor and watched the CPU MOBO RAM graphics card no temps ever got too high or even spiked no volts surged or dropped When all the hardware replacement didn't work and temps seemed normal I even tried replacing the thermal paste used Artic Silver and cleaned the heatsink The only components in the PC that are original are the CPU and MOBO This problem has also persisted through an update to Windows and a clean install of Windows I have updated drivers for VGA LAN WLAN and updated BIOS Installed K-Lite Codec Pack unselecting all the junk it tries to install with it because I read somewhere it could be a codec issue There are probably other programs I have used and steps that I have taken to try and resolve this I just can't recall because of all different things that have been do over such a long period of time I was just hoping that someone would have some other ideas that I can try Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide any other information you might need Thanks for the time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-crashes-when-playing-youtube-videos-and-playing-some-games-but-not-others-1111177.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I just bought a new laptop and have been using it a few days when today while playing World of Warcraft and listening to DI.FM on my browser it crashed. I was able to reproduce this a few times with the same conditions. I am hoping you can help me figure out what is causing this issue. Thanks.

Attachment 40204

A:BSOD playing WoW/Playing music, error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEP

Is there any particular reason that you are not using UEFI or Secure Boot?
In general this model comes with UEFI and Secure Boot enabled.

Have you set the time and time zone on your system? (the flag on your profile says Minnesota, but the time is set to Pacific Daylight time).

The system also comes with a 1 tB HDD, but now has an SSD installed - did you have someone install the SSD and move the operating system for you? (We do this at work quite often - normally we do it by cloning the hard drive to the SSD).

I'd suggest running a memory diagnostic, as one of the memory dumps has an error that is suggestive of memory problems (hardware): Memory Diagnostics You may also want to run the free hardware diagnostics from here: Hardware Diagnostics

Beyond that, I'd suggest visiting the Asus website and updating ALL of the drivers there.
To start with, go by the dates on the drivers in the memory dump that I've listed below.

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Tue Mar 25 03:16:41.939 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\032514-7093-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16452.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.131030-1505
System Uptime:0 days 0:04:27.617
Probably caused by :memory_corruption
BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff800eda2ed43, ffffd00037e285f0, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c000001d, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff800eda2ed43, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd00037e285f0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2394
BIOS Version G750JM.205
BIOS Release Date 02/11/2014
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name G750JM
**************************Tue Mar 25 02:10:49.648 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\032414-7171-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16452.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.131030-1505
System Uptime:0 days 10:38:52.326
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXRstor+0 )
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff802713bff6a, ffffd00038bdad40, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff802713bff6a, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd00038bdad40, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: Wow-64.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x3B_nt!SwapContext_PatchXRstor
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2394
BIOS Version G750JM.205
BIOS Release Date 02/11/2014
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name G750JM
**************************Mon Mar 24 15:22:43.023 2014 (UTC - 4:00)************************... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43236-bsod-playing-wow-playing-music-error-system_service_excep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm not sure if I am infected or not but I have had this laptop for almost a year now and also had the motherboard replaced Ever since I received the new motherboard I feel like the laptop has been decreasing in speed more and more everyday Some issues I have is when I watch videos or play games installed or even listening to music the computer slows down for a few seconds and the audio slows down sounding really demonic Same with the video It happens about once every - minutes depending on what I am doing My laptop also gets very hot so I bought a cooling pad but that didn't really seem to help I scanned the computer with Malwarebytes and Avast Nothing came up I few seconds for a down slows Slow randomly. computer, also installed a program that optimizes and cleans the computer Seem to help a little bit but not too Slow computer, slows down for a few seconds randomly. much Some specs Dell XPS L x Intel Core Slow computer, slows down for a few seconds randomly. i - QM CPU GHz GB Ram Windows Bit Any help is appreciated Thanks -Braze

A:Slow computer, slows down for a few seconds randomly.

Since the computer isn't a year old yet it most likely is still covered under warranty at least for the hardware if you didn't purchase a protection plan.
--- Whether or not it's a software problem we don't know yet but the video (which can include the playing games issue) & heating battery don't indicate a software issue to me at least not yet
--- Although we don't know what the original problem(s) were the motherboard has already been replaced and I suspect the new motherboard should have a 1 year coverage
--- So I would imagine that's the sign of an inherent hardware problem right out of the gate 

If Dell or wherever you bought the computer from complains or sends you in circles you will have to press your case
--- I helped a friend of mine do that a few years ago on her daughters new laptop where Staples was pointing the finger at Dell and Dell was pointing a finger at Staples
--- There wasn't any magic to it, just persistent approaches that took about 3 weeks to resolve her situation, in her case the computer was replaced
Last year another one of my friends went through a similar situation with an HP Desktop in which his computer was replaced
Now in both cases each one of them had purchased a protection plan and even with that trying to address the problem was still a fiasco but again persistence paid off

If there isn't any kind of a warranty; either the basic coverage or a paid plan and you have to troubleshoot the problem yourself you might be better off taking the computer to a local computer repair shop but find out first about your warranties especially to ensure you don't do something that eliminates the warranty coverage

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490843/slow-computer-slows-down-for-a-few-seconds-randomly/
Relevancy 55.47%

Last weekend upon rebooting my computer it began to run very slowly and freeze at random points as well This seemed to happen especially often when I ran firefox There are some points where it does run smoothly My computer is Virus? Down, Freezes Slows Due and to Randomly Computer an Asus A S that I have had for three years I am running Windows x Service Pack I do not currently have the install disc with me Thank you very much for assisting me with this issue DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Eric at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system FBAgent exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Program Files P G BatteryLife exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update LiveUpdate exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ATKOSD Computer Randomly Freezes and Slows Down, Due to Virus? exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite adminservice exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exe Computer Randomly Freezes and Slows Down, Due to Virus? C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Computer Randomly Freezes and Slows Down, Due to Virus? ClientX OfficeClickToRun exe C Windows AsScrPro exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager LCDMon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files x Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exe C Users Eric AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager Applets LCDMedia exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager Applets LCDCountdown exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager Applets LCDPOP exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies External FirmwareUpdate KiesPDLR exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies Kies exe C Users Eric AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Users Eric AppData Roaming Spotify spotify exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exe C Program Files x ASUS Sonic Focus SonicFocusTray exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program File... Read more

A:Computer Randomly Freezes and Slows Down, Due to Virus?

greatether,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your logs. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-randomly-freezes-and-slows-down-due-to-virus-821898.html
Relevancy 55.47%

my mouse slows down randomly or when launching applications Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeD Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exeD Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System randomly mouse my down or slows when applications. launching TUProgSt exeC WINDOWS system ufdsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC Program Files Asus EeePC ACPI AsAcpiSvr exeD Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system igfxext exeD Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exeC Program Files Asus EeePC ACPI AsTray exeC Program Files Vista Drive Icon DrvIcon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files ViStart ViStart exeC Program Files ViGlance ViGlance exeC Documents and my mouse slows down randomly or when launching applications. Settings Jansen Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exeD Program Files WinFlip WinFlip exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXED Program Files Reimage Reimage PC Booster ReimageBooster exeC Documents and Settings Jansen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Jansen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Jansen Local Settings Application my mouse slows down randomly or when launching applications. Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeD Program Files Reimage Reimage PC Booster REI Booster exeC Documents and Settings Jansen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Jansen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeD Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exeD Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Documents and Settings Jansen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeD Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - D Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - D Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run ETDWare C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run AsusACPIServer C Program Files Asus EeePC ACPI AsAcpiSvr exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run egui quot D Program... Read more

A:my mouse slows down randomly or when launching applications.

here is another log file from advance sysytem care which says to be compatible to hijack.Logfile of Advanced SystemCare 3 Security AnalyzerScan saved at 3:59:33 PM, on 5/25/2009Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.1)MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.0 (8.0.6001.18702)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exeC:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Authentium\AntiVirus\dvpapi.exeD:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ekrn.exeD:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\mdm.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\TUProgSt.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ufdsvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exeC:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXEC:\Program Files\Elantech\ETDCtrl.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exeC:\Program Files\Asus\EeePC ACPI\AsAcpiSvr.exeD:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exeD:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\egui.exeC:\Program Files\Asus\EeePC ACPI\AsTray.exeC:\Program Files\Vista Drive Icon\DrvIcon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exeC:\Program Files\ViStart\ViStart.exeC:\Program Files\ViGlance\ViGlance.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Jansen\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxext.exeD:\Program Files\WinFlip\WinFlip.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXED:\Program Files\Reimage\Reimage PC Booster\ReimageBooster.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Jansen\Desktop\asc-setup-pro.exeC:\DOCUME~1\Jansen\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-L2MSL.tmp\asc-setup-pro.exe.tmpC:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exeC:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\MsiExec.exeD:\Program Files\Reimage\Reimage PC Booster\REI_Booster.exeD:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Wizard.exeD:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Awc.exeO2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dllO2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - D:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dllO2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - D:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dllO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent DNA] "C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe"O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ViStart] C:\Program Files\ViStart\ViStart.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ViGlance] C:\Program Files\ViGlance\ViGlance.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\Jansen\Local Settings\Application Data\Googl... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229190/my-mouse-slows-down-randomly-or-when-launching-applications/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I ve browsed this website as a guest many many times before for help over the years This is the first time I ve registered so hello community I have a couple issues First my computer is from around and it s been amazing until the past few months After prolonged usage the fan will spin at full speed and continue until I sleep the computer which is fine except that my laptop doesn wifi randomly; slows unrelated, Laptop acting up t run that hot Also my computer will randomly slow down for no apparent reason but it s consistent after a bit of usage I was thinking it s the internal video card but I see no other signs of video card problem You ll see I don Laptop slows randomly; unrelated, wifi acting up t have an antivirus up I was using AVG until a few days ago when I removed it to see if maybe that was the issue because it was the heaviest on the RAM Laptop slows randomly; unrelated, wifi acting up ALSO For some reason the Wifi in the apartment I m renting doesn t show up on my Android phone and my laptop can see it but can t connect My roommate s mac can however and so can my iPod I can connect if I m wired in It was like this when I first arrived here but after prolonged messing with the router my laptop was able to connect until the router was reset and now I m back at square one Any suggestions I d appreciate it Thanks Here is the HijackThis log if it ll help I just installed it and ran it and it says it looks like I m running from a read only device but I m not I don t know why it thinks that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows vsnp std exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Users Sun Lee AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support SyncServer exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows explorer exe C Users Sun Lee AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Sun Lee AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Sun Lee AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Sun Lee AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Sun Lee AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users Sun Lee AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www systemrequirementslab com cyri intro aspx R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Jav... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-slows-randomly-unrelated-wifi-acting-up.1051157/
Relevancy 54.61%

Basically my problem is that however no BSOD, randomly Previously got computer slows longer happens randomly next to EVERYTHING will stop responding for about five minutes except the Previously got BSOD, no longer happens however computer randomly slows lower profile applications Previously got BSOD, no longer happens however computer randomly slows such as teamspeak Previously got BSOD, no longer happens however computer randomly slows and mIRC and its been happening since july Then it will work again for a bit and then it will happen again I got windows home premium bit When it first started it would freeze so bad that it would BSOD but that has not happened recently however sometimes even TS and mIRC won't respond and you can't open any new programs up while its in this cycle plus of the time explorer exe stops responding as well We think the problem started happening when we did the windows updates we didn't do all of them but we did the majority of them at that time but it may of just been a coincidence It will happen basically no matter what i got open if its just Fire Fox or if i got FireFox WoW Diablo TS mIRC all open I just recently upgraded to service pack and the problem still occurs I've ran CCleaner malwarebyes anti virus and all came up with little to no malicious activity I would really appreciate any insight on this problem Thanks

A:Previously got BSOD, no longer happens however computer randomly slows

Even though these may not be blue screen errors, it would be helpful to get the information using http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to further assist you. Some of that information can be used to find reasons why your system hangs. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204030-previously-got-bsod-no-longer-happens-however-computer-randomly-slows.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

My pc slows down considerably after playing media files...audio or video...need any assistance that can be provided in improving computer performance..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-slows-down-after-playing-media-files-411370.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,
My computer slows down while I'm playing this game, KalOnlinehttp://www.kalonline.com
I've been playing it for 2 years now and I've never had this problem, but then I Formated my computer and the problem appeared, but the problem is not because my computer is weak, because it's not that bad, it can play Oblivion without any problems. It also slows down playing Medieval II Total War when I'm fighting in the map.
After these problems I went to get the lastest drives for my graphics board and after installing them, I still have the same problem.
So I ask you if you guys could help me out, because I don't know what else to do, Thanks.

Computer Specs:
CPU - Intel Pentium 4 3.4GHz
RAM - 1024 Mb (2X512)
Graphics - ATE Radeon X600 PRO (256Mb)
Hard Disk - 160Gb (80Gb free)

A:Computer slows down while playing games

I guess it slows down because of the CPU's internal thermal protection - in other words, it overheats.

Oblivion probably isn't affected because it requires more from the graphics card, not that much from the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-slows-down-while-playing-games.65412/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello guys, my new PC had BSOD when playing games or playing music with window media player,
can somebody help me out? Thanks a lot

System Specs has been updated.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3076

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007C307C8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

debug-meteor5210-xxxx.zip

A:BSOD when playing games or playing music

Hello and welcome meteor mate I know I can dig them out of the debug stuff but some system specs are needed mate for starters
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337434-bsod-when-playing-games-playing-music.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Really weird stuff going on The laptop can just be sitting there and we are not doing anything and IE will just pop open Also could just be sitting there dormant or in Word for example and some sound from the internet from randomly... randomly, IE opening sould playing interent could just start playing This is my work computer for a school system so security is tight at visiting suspect sites Anyway here is the log txt file Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by hcpostlethwait at - - Microsoft Windows IE opening randomly, sould playing from interent randomly... XP Professional Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GB Total RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode IE opening randomly, sould playing from interent randomly... Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink KeyboardSurrogate exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel AMT atchksrv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Intel AMT LMS exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files SMART Technologies SMART Board Drivers SMARTBoardService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel AMT UNS exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C WINDOWS System tabbtnu exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TCServer exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Interwrite Learning Interwrite Workspace IWStarter exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Intel AMT atchk exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files SMART Technologies SMART Board Drivers SMARTBoardTools exe C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagIt exe C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt TSCHelp exe C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagPriv exe C Program Files SMART Technologies SMART Board Drivers Aware exe C Program Files SMART Technologies SMART Board Drivers Marker exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings hcpostlethwait Desktop RSIT exe C Program Files trend micro hcpostlethwait exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http index htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www chumfm com MorningShow bits march swf O - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link He... Read more

A:IE opening randomly, sould playing from interent randomly...

BUMP, please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-opening-randomly-sould-playing-from-interent-randomly-311075.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi My system specs are Pentium D Ghz RAM GB DDR Mhz Mobo - Mercury PVM Pro Version nVidia GeForce MB FX AGP x - No FAN provided by the company GB Seagate SATA While playing games after about half to one hour game starts acting too slow games, Problem: down. GPU slows FPS playing gradually While While playing frame rates are reduced and game runs with pauses I am taking here the example of NFS Carbon This happens with all other games too This happens always no matter CPU GPU is overclocked or are in their GPU Problem: While playing games, FPS gradually slows down. factory settings I highly suspect this is overheating problem But when I was trying OCing I installed a mm fan on my GPU s HS it doesnt have any fans Then I ran stability test for - hours then played games for another - hours with this problem and then shutted down my comp directly and opened the case and touched the HS on GPU all took min it was dead cold I have tested this before installing the FAN too but that time HS was very hot So I am confused Anybody please help me out Answer this question too How to measure the frame rate I am getting while playing any game say NFS Carbon Can it be done through any other way than benchmarking tools for NFS Carbon nbsp

A:GPU Problem: While playing games, FPS gradually slows down.

what other programs are running. Is your anti-virus kicking in over the time frame? read the guides forum- there are at least 2 articles relating to your situation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-problem-while-playing-games-fps-gradually-slows-down.97403/
Relevancy 53.75%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 13321

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: FFFFFFFF
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 830C8C55
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Please help and answer))

A:BSOD randomly/ when playing LoL and playing a video on youtube

Code:
File Scan Data-->
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]
From your attachments, it would appear that WAT is not installed. Please download and install this:

Description of the update for Windows Activation Technologies

Now upload a new MGADIAG report here:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274642-bsod-randomly-when-playing-lol-playing-video-youtube.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Guys,

I have issues with my desktop. I randomly get the bsod (kernel data inpage error). I thought it started after I installes the new ATI drivers. So I tried older drivers but without any result. After that I thought it was an issues with Win 7 64bit. So I installed 32bit. But still I get the bsdod.

can you please help?

Win 7 32 bit
oem original
hardware about two years old.
I have a new installed os.The old one started giving trouble after 2 years.

A:BSOD randomly after playing games or playing movies )

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

You have an 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card. Win7 doesn't like these devices. They will rapidly spit out BSOD's if using Vista-era drivers. Here's my rant about these devices:

Quote:
I do not recommend using wireless USB devices. Especially in Win7 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems.

Quote:
Please uninstall all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then, download and install a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Uninstall". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

STOP 0x7A specifically refers to a problem with a missing Service Pack ( BSOD Index )
The c000009d parameter means DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED
And the memory dump suggests that there might be a hardware problem with the hard drive.
Just to be sure, please run this free hard drive diagnostic: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Microsoft Security Essentials dynamic driver showed up in the memory dump. I'd suggest:
- downloading a fresh copy
- uninstalling the current copy
- installing the freshly downloaded copy and IMMEDIATELY updating it
- perform a full system scan.

The following info is just F... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233458-bsod-randomly-after-playing-games-playing-movies.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi. Very new in this forum. Glad if you would be able to offer any help.
I've had this problem for some time now and it has been getting worse and worse.

Explorer seems to randomly freeze making all the processes super slow. I can still work inside the open applications, but saving any of the open files takes forever.
When I hover the cursor over the taskbar it is a spinning disk. The only way to recover is to restart the computer. I can't find a pattern to these freezes. Sometimes it happens immediately after restarting, sometimes I can work for days with no incident.

Thanks,
Rain

A:Explorer randomly freezes, slows computer to a halt, spinning wheel.

Hello rainok and welcome to Seven Forums.

First thing I'd suggest is running a full scan with your anti-virus of choice. Malware likes to hook itself into Explorer. Even if your full scan comes back clean, I'd suggest running some additional free scans because no anti-malware product will be 100% effective 100% of the time. (If there was such a product we'd all be using it. ) Some of the recommended free products are Malwarebytes, ESET Online Scanner, SuperAntispyware, and Comodo Cleaning Essentials.

After checking for malware you could also install a fresh copy of Windows Explorer by following these steps:

1. From the desktop, open Task Manager by either typing taskmgr.exe in the Start Menu Search Bar, pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc, Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Right-Clicking on the taskbar and selecting Start Task Manager. Then click on the Processes tab.
2. Highlight explorer.exe by clicking on it one time and then click on the End Process button (lower right).
3. You should get a prompt asking "Do you want to end explorer.exe" so click the End Process button again.
4. All desktop icons and the taskbar will disappear. This is normal.
5. Task Manager should still be open. (If it's not, follow Step 1 above to reopen Task Manager.) Click on File (upper left corner) and then click on New Task (Run...).
6. Type in explorer.exe and click on OK. A fresh copy of Windows Explorer will be installed. Your desktop icons and taskbar should reappear within a few seconds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353905-explorer-randomly-freezes-slows-computer-halt-spinning-wheel.html
Relevancy 53.32%

windows 10, 16gb ram, gtx 850m 4g ram, i7 5500u 2.4ghzThis is a new laptop. When I play games it glitches really bad but not for too long. When I check the cpu usage while playing it doesnt go over50%. The same thing happens when I install games. While they're being installed I normally listen to music from youtube and the laptop gliches then stops when I pause the video. I've ran games like nfs run, bf3, bf4, bf hardline and fifa 15. Please help me.

A:Audio glitches laptop slows down sometimes when playing game...

Make sure you dont have any viruses on your computer.  Was it always like this or this just started happening?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Audio-glitches-laptop-slows-down-sometimes-when-playing/td-p/5697299
Relevancy 53.32%

My friend has a Vista Basic 32 bit Dell desktop with 2 gig memory. Every time she plays a game it begins to freeze her computer. It never use to do that but it is doing it lately.

Any help would be awesome!!

Thanks

Relevancy 53.32%

Whenever I open a when slows/freezes files playing Computer video video file my computer gets incredibly slow It takes minutes for the file to open using Divx Player and when I use Windows Media Player the video can not catch up to the audio After I shut-down those programs my computer stays slow and Computer slows/freezes when playing video files I always have to restart I ve scanned my computer using Spybot and McAfee and haven t found any viruses Can you give me any advice Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFREE EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C hijackthis hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride r attbi com lt local gt O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExE O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Internet Optimizer quot C Program Files Internet Optimizer optimize exe quot O - HKLM Run DIGStream C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run VVSN C Program Files VVSN VVSN exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFREE EXE quot O - Global Startup Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders lnk C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Extra button SideFind HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem IMI HKLM O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Plugin for asp C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS nppdf dll O - Plugin for tiff C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - DPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

As the subject says, everytime i try to play a flash game, Video online, Or from Windows Movie player [Ive tried a few others as well, No joy]
It lags completlety, and the system in task manager is using up 40% - 75% of my CPU, making it laggy, and audio very Jumpy, so its unplayable/watchable. Please help.
System Specs
> Windows Xp Home
> SP2
> Graphics card : Raedion X6500 series w/latest drivers
> 2GB RAM
> 3.2 Dual Core Intel Processor

Any other info needed, please ask.
I really need to ressolve this problem.

P.S I Also tried a reformatt a few weeks ago, and it didnt solve the problem :/

A:Urgent : System uses 50% or more when playing Videos, Flash Videos, Flash Games etc

Firstly, I would think it is fine that your CPU usage goes to 50% when playing videos... it has to use some CPU power to do this. Now the lagging is another story. First off I would make sure that everything is being properly cooled. If you have not done so in a while, clean out the inside of the PC, blowing off any dust from the heatsink, graphics card, power supply etc. Also what sort of power supply do you have? I want to confirm it's adequate for the system. That brings up the question, when did this start happening and was anything hardware changed around that time?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/urgent-system-uses-50-or-more-when-playing-videos-flash-videos-flash-games-etc-389008.html
Relevancy 52.89%

how come when i go onto Yahoo, 2 watch music videos, on my laptop, i put the music video thing at 700K, 500K, and even 100K, the video plays 4 like 10 secs. then freezes? why? the video freezes, but i can still hear the music? any help would be great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yahoo-music-videos.468440/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all Two partitions C OS PROGRAMS and D DATA Reason Backups So i can C My D on Videos, on Documents etc Music keep Should I ? and reinstall an image of C while keeping untouched my personal files Question Is it better to keep the My Documents folder on C Reason Some programs tend to Should I keep My Documents on C and Videos, Music etc on D ? save their settings and parameters in that folder In case of crash I want to be able to put back my OS and programs and to have them working exactly like before and not having to reajust all of their settings or even worse having some programs bug because of missing incoherent settings Idea Keeping the My Documents folder on C Having another quot RealDocuments quot folder on D where I actually put my personal documents What are your thoughts and advises Idea I don't want to implement Moving the whole Users folder on the D partition Reason It's a system folder It's considered part of the OS Therefore If i want to make a backup of the OS and programs I also have to backup the entire D parition which is much bigger I won't do that What do Should I keep My Documents on C and Videos, Music etc on D ? you think

A:Should I keep My Documents on C and Videos, Music etc on D ?

Hello Adri,

I'd say it's best to leave your user folders on C: to avoid getting them corrupted.

I find the easiest way for this would be:Create a new folder on D.
Include the new folder in the library (ex: Videos) you want.
Make the included new folder the default save location for the library.
Repeat for any other folder you like.
This way you can access these folders in your libraries, and the folders and the files in them are actually saved on D.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/358771-should-i-keep-my-documents-c-videos-music-etc-d.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone. I deleted my old user account on my Windows XP Pro machine a few weeks ago and now I no longer have a My Music Folder or a My Videos folder. Either that or it just simply isn't showing up in the Start Menu and is hidden somewhere. Anyone care to help me figure out what's going on here and how I can fix it?

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7. My problem is that with any video, music, instructional or otherwise, it will play for only a few seconds, stop then start again after approx. a minute or so. This keeps repeating and makes watching any videos impossible. I first noticed it on You Tube, but now it is on any videos anywhere. I tried to preview a musical greeting card to send to a friend, and the audio on that did the same thing. I have only basic computer knowledge and don't want to do anything that might cause my computer to crash and not be able to fix it.

Relevancy 52.89%

I guess that's the term.When I watch a music video, on YouTube, it will play for a while and stop.Then the little circle of dots start spinning and spinning for infinity.I usually get impatient and go to another video.I've yet to hear and see a complete video on YouTube.Anything I can do about it? CB

A:Music videos always buffering

Is this for every video or just the videos with an absurd (and usually ugly) logo where the name belongs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-videos-always-buffering.162922/
Relevancy 52.89%

HI,Is there a way to record youtube music videos that simple to get to work and/or you tube videos.

A:youtube music videos

Are you just looking to record the music or download the video clip?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530093/youtube-music-videos/