Windows Support Forum

Wireless adapter has stopped working

Q: Wireless adapter has stopped working

I tried looking around for a solution but can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue to mine. I just bought an ASUS usb n53 wireless adapter. I was previously using a Rosewill wireless adapter just before I installed the new one and everything with my connection was fine. After I downloaded the drivers off the disc and tried to open the utility program for the adapter I get this message: Wireless Lan Control Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Not sure what I need to do at this point. Thanks in advance for the help. Just let me know any info you need for me and I'll post back asap.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless adapter has stopped working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wireless adapter has stopped working

I tried going to the ASUS website and downloading newer versions of the utility and drivers but to no avail. I also tried turning off my anti virus software but that didnt work either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-adapter-has-stopped-working.188388/
Relevancy 83.42%

I recently did a clean installation of Windows 7 Home Premium on an old laptop of mine. I installed the driver for the wireless adapter and everything started working fine. Now, however, it seems the wireless adapter has stopped working entirely, as in, it's not a driver issue. So far, I've tried reinstalling the drivers, starting windows in safe mode with networking, and then restoring the system to a point where I knew it had been working, and none of these have worked; which leads me to the conclusion that this is a hardware-based issue. So I'm just wondering about what possibilities there are for this sort of problem to exist?

A:Wireless Adapter has stopped working

Hi Pipman,
stupid questions really, if youve not got any problem devices in device manager,
Have you set the SSID and password?, turned it on

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395233-wireless-adapter-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Winows se HP xe laptop linksys stopped working wireless adapter wpc g wireless adapter Was working fine On booting up yesterday got message quot wireless adapter stopped working Your network adpter is not working properly You may need to set it up again quot Have tried uninstalling drivers removing device in device manager Then reinstalling drivers first then the card itself as per the instructions Get part of the way through then it asks me to insert windows se cd When I do it says it cannot find file iphlpapi dll And so that s where I m stuck Running search I do have file iphlpapi dll on my computer at c windows vcm But if I type that in it is still no good Have tried downloading iphlpapi dll from the internet but then I get message cannot find services Have tried restoring the registry to a time when it was working but it still doesn t work Have tried a different pci adapter slot - no difference Haven t got another laptop to see if it s the card at fault nbsp

A:wireless adapter stopped working

nick reynolds said:

Winows 98se, HP xe2 laptop, linksys wpc54g wireless adapter.

Was working fine. On booting up yesterday, got message "Your network adpter...is not working properly. You may need to set it up again"

Have tried uninstalling drivers, removing device in device manager. Then reinstalling, drivers first then the card itself as per the instructions. Get part of the way through then it asks me to insert windows98se cd. When I do it says it cannot find file iphlpapi.dll. And so that's where I'm stuck. Running search I do have file iphlpapi.dll on my computer at c:\windows\vcm. But if I type that in it is still no good. Have tried downloading iphlpapi.dll from the internet but then I get message cannot find services.

Have tried restoring the registry to a time when it was working but it still doesn't work.

Have tried a different pci adapter slot - no difference.
Haven't got another laptop to see if it's the card at fault.Click to expand...

Hi Nick,

I have my old Win98SE disk slaved to my WinXP Pro SP2 and found iphlpapi.dll in what would be: C:\Windows\System

Faced with your situation, I would try to copy the file from C:\Windows\vcm to C:\Windows\System and try to resume what you are doing to completion.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-stopped-working.426574/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi guys.

Last night when I turned on my computer for normal usage, the wifi lit wouldn't even turn on. Obviously it's not working.

I tried restarting the computer (which will generally solve the problem. Not this time), then I uninstalled the drivers, restarted the computer and reinstalled them again. And nothing seems to work.

The WLAN adapter is seen on the BIOS, and the Device Manager too. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I don't know what to do! any suggestions?

A:My wireless adapter stopped working

Is it a USB adapter? Try switching it in a different USB port. If its an internal adapter, try removing it and plugging it back in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-adapter-stopped-working.994047/
Relevancy 83.42%

I recently did a clean installation of Windows 7 Home Premium on an old laptop of mine. I installed the driver for the wireless adapter and everything started working fine. Now, however, it seems the wireless adapter has stopped working entirely, as in, it's not a driver issue. So far, I've tried reinstalling the drivers, starting windows in safe mode with networking, and then restoring the system to a point where I knew it had been working, and none of these have worked; which leads me to the conclusion that this is a hardware-based issue. So I'm just wondering about what possibilities there are for this sort of problem to exist?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395233-wireless-adapter-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 83.42%

My friend recently had me set up a wireless network for him. For a while, it was working fine, but recently his wireless adapter quit working. He has a Linksys router and an Encore adapter. Both computers are running XP Pro.
The reason we believe it is the adapter and not the connection is because the "Link" light on the adapter will not turn on and Windows tells us the device has malfunctioned. Windows suggests replacing the device, but we hope that a 2-month old device won't need to be replaced. Also, I am posting this message from another computer connected to his network, so it's not his internet connection.

Thank you for all your help.
P.S. my friend will be making a TechGuy profile soon and will be taking over this thread at that time.

A:Wireless Adapter Stopped Working

I'd simply call the manufacturer's tech support and get an RMA. Stuff dies all the time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-stopped-working.549391/
Relevancy 83.42%

yeah well it did!!!

it suddenly cant even detect any wireless networks....

what to do?

A:wireless adapter just stopped working

What kind of adapter? PCI card, PCMCIA card, USB, internal, external.
What does Device Manager show for the adapter?
What does ipconfig /all show for the adapter.
Can you connect by ethernet cable with no problems?
Could be corrupted drivers. The adapter has died. TCP/IP stack problems.

Lifted from a post by JohnWill

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

If you think experts are expensive, wait until you see what amateurs cost you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-just-stopped-working.813724/
Relevancy 83.42%

Without any apparent cause, my wireless card stopped working. I was/am worried that my network card is shot and needs to be replaced, but I have checked the Device Manager and it says all my Network devices are working properly.

Gateway FX Series Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB Ram

Network Devices listed:
Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2
Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Any recommendations for help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Phillip

A:Wireless Adapter stopped working

Open a command prompt, Windows Key + R, type cmd and then type the following without the quotes and paste all the results back here, "ipconfig /all". Also check, open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Connection Tab and then the LAN Tab and in the window that opens make sure that all the check boxes are clear, if not clear them and close IE and re-open IE.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284117-wireless-adapter-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a Sony vaio laptop computer model VGN NR e running Windows Vista that I purchased just over a year ago I don t use it much because I bought it just for vacations or when I m working Wireless Solved: adapter stopped not going to be home which has been the last Solved: Wireless adapter stopped working few weekends I set up a wireless connection at a summer cottage the beginning of July and was able to use the internet but for some reason this past Saturday after I had been using the internet I lost my wireless connection While connected to the internet I walked away for awhile and when I got back the laptop had gone to sleep It wouldn t wake up by pressing the start button or by touching the mouse pad so I ended up holding the start button until it shut off and then rebooted When it rebooted I had a message saying Windows hadn t closed properly and do I want to boot up normally which I did but when it booted up again the wireless connection was lost I thought it might be the wireless router so I tried resetting it and nothing happened I wasn t going to worry too much about it because I thought it might have something to do with the wireless router and all would be fine when I turned my computer on at home but it wouldn t work here either I checked under Device manager to see if there was a yellow exclamation point next to the adapter but it s not even listed Just my ethernet card I tried updating the drivers for the adapater and that didn t help I had an on line chat with someone from Sony yesterday and they took over my computer and basically did the same thing I did but it still wouldn t work so they suggested I restore my computer back to the factory settings which I did and still nothing This morning I thought I d try something else I booted the computer but turned off the wireless switch Once the laptop was booted up I turned on the switch and got a message saying this was the first time I access my wireless connection so it asked me if I wanted to set up a wireless connection I answered yes and then tried to run the wizard but still got the same message I ve been getting and that s that the wireless icon is missing and the wireless adapter isn t turned on Oh and the light isn t on so I guess they re right but why Am I to assume the adapter is dead I don t know how else to get the adapter to show up under Device manager Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Hey, for about a year and a half now ive been using a wireless adapter to have internet access on a second computer, that goes off of a modem a few rooms down, and about 15 hours ago, it just stopped working.

I got a message 'Unable to connect to wireless network' and now the thing hasn't connected since last night. ive tried disconnecting/reconnecting it, restarting the second computer, it just wont connect, it doesn't even have flashes of the 'connected' LED like it would if it was normally just loosing a connection for a minute or two...please help

Thanks, Vhs321

A:Wireless adapter - just completely stopped working

can you post the following
start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

network adapters
click on the + sign

post backs whats there

also any ! X or ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-just-completely-stopped-working.679032/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi

I was in a hotel connected to the wireless network and when I tried to send the e-mail it got stuck in the outbox. The errors that I am getting are 0x80042108 (outgoing) and 0x80042109 (incoming).

From home I use this all the time and it works and I have never had problems before. I connected my phone and made it a hotspot - outlook sprang into life!

I am in an office location and the wireless also doesn't work, but the hotspot does (connected directly to the PC).

Just as a test on the wireless I also tried the webmail (from plusnet) and this does not work either.

Does anyone have any ideas why outlook will not work on the wireless and (without changing any settings) will work through my phone hotspots when connect by USB?

Confused

Frank

A:Outlook stopped working on wireless adapter

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

That is because you are using a different ISP who has a different outgoing server.

For example, if it was a Hilton hotel, the outgoing server may have to be something like [email protected] or whatever they decide to use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/outlook-stopped-working-on-wireless-adapter-905570.html
Relevancy 81.7%

My internet was working fine, when suddenly I got a pop-up from my laptop saying that wireless had been switched off. Usually this would happen if I accidentally flipped a switch, but in this case it was in the "on" position. I checked my internet, it was working (I wired into my modem to post this), but the wireless just seems to be out. I rebooted a couple of times, the first time my wireless briefly worked but shut off after just about a minute, on the second reboot it didn't come back at all.

I ran HijackThis, which showed me wserving.exe, perfs.exe and routing.exe. I tried to kill them with HJT, but they return instantly. Obviously I don't know if this spyware is what's causing the wireless problem, but it's what I've found so far. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

A:Wireless adapter stopped working, HJT shows wserving.exe.

wserving.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/w....exe-22865.htmlperfs.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/p....exe-23690.htmlrouting.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/r....exe-23691.htmlLooks like you're infected - so I'll move this over to the Am I Infected forum for some more expert assistance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187434/wireless-adapter-stopped-working-hjt-shows-wservingexe/
Relevancy 81.7%

Wireless has worked fine on my laptop for six years It worked when I used it this Wireless Solved: stopped working suddenly adapter morning Tonight I went to use it and the wireless adapter looked like it was shut off I tried to turn it on but it wouldn t because my computer thinks that no wireless adapter is present I tried reinstalling the wireless driver Intel with no success Under quot Network Adapters quot in the DevMgr Solved: Wireless adapter suddenly stopped working all that shows up is the net adapter and the Broadcom x Integrated Controller No wireless adapter Yes my computer is old and I suppose the wireless card could just be toast but I m choosing to believe that something screwed up with the software drivers I haven t installed anything or edited the registry or done anything that I would expect to have caused a change I checked my email in the morning computer was in standby all day turned it on no wireless Thanks in advance for your help OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc MG Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi all Had this particular wireless USB adapter plugged into and working fine with my Emachines t running Windows Vista Home Premium about two months ago Wireless HWUN3 Hawking USB working Adapter-stopped Worked fine received excellent HWUN3 Hawking Wireless USB Adapter-stopped working signal from our At amp t wire DSL box Decided to move the computer into the room with the box and plug in directly NOW wanting to be back to wireless when I plug in my adapter its listed under quot other devices quot in the device manager Utility won t launch No wireless signals can be found The light on the adapter is constantly green Out of ideas Been on the phone with Hawking Tech technical support or times crappy support so far by the way They had me try to re-install the driver from their website several different ways still not working So then they transferred me to level tech support guys a total dick and all he could tell me was that my adapter was now defective So I went to Fry s exchanged it same problem The Icon for the Ralink Wireless Utility which installs with the driver shows in the task bar When hovered over it says quot Ralink Wireless card Not Exist quot Not sure what that means but the utility configuration itself wont even launch None of this makes sense to me because this exact adapter worked on this very computer just a few months ago So I was thinking maybe someone out there has came across the same problem So any help would be greatly appreciated Think I covered everything Thanks in advance Ryan nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hwun3-hawking-wireless-usb-adapter-stopped-working.865693/
Relevancy 80.84%

this is for a Compaq- laptop HP brand Windows Vista-OS attached to wireless connection through broadband connection household uses VoIP internet cable-tv Over course of -weeks somehow my wireless connection stopped working After POST and launch to desktop the led on front the of laptop would change to blue then WLAN notice would always pop-up in lower left coner of screen stating the the WLAN was connected I have no idea what I can do to get this back working Laptop has built-in network adapter and ethernet capabilities for both hard-wired and wireless I working/ Ethernet Connection has Wireless adapter disappeared has stopped use this laptop when the other PC is in-use Having this option allows for multi-use of internet without having to waiting for the other PC to become free At first I thought the drivers may have been outdated This is what I have done so far as Wireless Connection has stopped working/ Ethernet adapter has disappeared I have run out of ideas as to how to resolve this issue Went to HP site and downloaded drivers for both Broadcom b g adapter and HP Wireless Assistant to my flash drive Then downloaded those drivers to my laptop Went to microsoft because error message states that drivers could not be downloaded Code- for the adapter This site based on the Wireless Connection has stopped working/ Ethernet adapter has disappeared code states that Microsoft is aware of this issue and this would not stop the network adapter and should operate properly This is not the case At present I can only connect to my wireless by hardwire cat- cable This laptop has option for Wireless Connection has stopped working/ Ethernet adapter has disappeared both but now the led stays the color quot amber quot when the laptop is on The slide knob always remains to the right on and is never turned off I check this after launch to desktop screen performed a system restore point back to a previous time when the wireless was operating properly and re-installed the drivers from my flash drive This did not resolve the issue Any assistance is greatly accepted nbsp

A:Wireless Connection has stopped working/ Ethernet adapter has disappeared

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-has-stopped-working-ethernet-adapter-has-disappeared.824187/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I m running Windows bit on a new Asus N v laptop with Atheros networking card Everything was working fine but lately I ve had some problems with the wireless network dropping out Today my wireless stopped working entirely I logged on to the to working, Wireless BSOD stopped now... attempted drivers install Adapter and quick browser profile I had and the wireless worked fine but whenever I switched back to my main administrator account the wireless adapter wouldn t enable and kept saying no wireless networks available The switch on the side did nothing at all nor did enabling it via networking Wireless Adapter stopped working, attempted to install drivers and now... BSOD or the keyboard hotkey After a while bluetooth stopped working too I could connect to my router via ethernet cable and went into device manager to update my drivers I selected my network card and checked for driver updates via windows It didn t work So someone suggested I try system restore I restored my laptop to June nd It didn t fix the wireless adapter I went back to device manager to reinstall drivers but I accidently hit quot driver rollback quot that s when my computer restarted and the BSOD appeared Now I can only avoid the BSOD by restarting in safe mode Wireless Adapter stopped working, attempted to install drivers and now... BSOD WITHOUT networking Here s the BSOD top of screen cut off to your computer DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or Wireless Adapter stopped working, attempted to install drivers and now... BSOD remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safew Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x D x x xFFFFF F D ndis sys - Address FFFFF F D base at FFFFF C DateStamp a bc Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical memory dump complete Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance This is just in time to completely ruin my end of semester uni exams and I ve already wasted many hours on this problem instead of doing an essay due tomorrow morning Can t afford to replace my laptop I d really appreciate any help Cheers nbsp

A:Wireless Adapter stopped working, attempted to install drivers and now... BSOD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-stopped-working-attempted-to-install-drivers-and-now-bsod.926903/
Relevancy 79.98%

I am getting a "Code 10" (this device cannot start) and a dreaded yellow question mark for something called "Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter #2" in the Network Adapters section of my laptop Device Manager

I run Genuine Windows? Vista Home Premium on HP Pavilion dv6000.
This morning wireless suddenly stopped working. I am able to connect to the internet using LAN and WAN.

I will greatly appreciate your expert advice. Please help me.

A:Wireless suddenly stopped working / Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter cannot start

hi and welcome all i can find on this mentions xp ie http://www.techsupportforum.com/606602-post15.html and also this you may be able to adapt it http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...rt-101894.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-suddenly-stopped-working-microsoft-tun-miniport-adapter-cannot-start-358155.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have read searched through most of the posts on this and various other sites and can t seem to find help with my problem So port working stopped Adapter/Ethernet Integrated Wireless Controller/PC Card hopefully someone will be able to help This morning when I woke up my computer worked properly I then went to work and when I turned it on I got the quot blue screen of death quot I apologize for not posting the exact wording but I did not think I would need it I restarted the computer per the instructions and it Integrated Wireless Controller/PC Card Adapter/Ethernet port stopped working booted up The computer however failed to connect to the wireless network I noticed that the network icon was not in the taskbar I then went to device manager and my integrated wireless adapter Intel Pro Wireless BG had a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark I clicked on properties and under the general tab the device status read This device cannot Integrated Wireless Controller/PC Card Adapter/Ethernet port stopped working start Code Click Troubleshoot to start the Integrated Wireless Controller/PC Card Adapter/Ethernet port stopped working troubleshooter for this device I then unistalled the controller and attempted to reinstall via the add hardware program I then received the message A problem occurred during hardware installation Your device may not function properly I then believing it was a driver issue downloaded the latest drivers from the intel website for my device on another computer I uninstalled the controller again and tried to install with the new drivers via a thumb drive I received the same error message and the controller had the yellow triangle When I clicked on properties this time I received the following message Adapter state not found in registry Next I tried to connect to the network with the onboard ethernet port This was also unsuccessful The network adapter for the onboard NIC doesn t show up in device manager I also tried the above steps in both safe mode and safe mode with networking When I returned home I pulled tmy wife s pc card network adapter from her laptop D-Link Air DWL- Wireless PC Card rev P I installed the drivers on my laptop restarted then plugged the card into my laptop I was then able to successfully connect to the network After checking my emails I shut the computer down and prepared to go by a pc card adapter for my computer Before I left I turned the laptop back on to check prices Upon restart the D-Link stopped working as well I went to device manager and it too had a yellow triangle next to it Clicked on properties and got the message This device cannot start Code Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device Uninstalled the device and the drivers and tried again Then got the message A problem occurred during hardware installation Your device may not function properly I also tried these steps in safe mode to no avail I also ran a virus scan with symantec Antivirus program Scan engine virus definition file rev These are my system specs Toshiba Portege M tablet PC Windows XP tablet pc sp Ghz processor GB ram GB HD GB available ACPI Bios version Please let me know if you need any more info and I apologize for the length of my post Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide nbsp

A:Integrated Wireless Controller/PC Card Adapter/Ethernet port stopped working

Sounds like your motherboard is rapidly dying.

If the ethernet controller (or adapter) does not show under Network Adapters and is not in Other or Unknown devices with a warning or error message check in the BIOS (Setup) to see if it somehow got disabled. If it is already enabled, or doesn't show there, see my first paragraph.

When the ethernet controller is defective it can prevent other integrated and/or PCMCIA networking cards from working. When this happens sometimes a USB adapter will work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/integrated-wireless-controller-pc-card-adapter-ethernet-port-stopped-working.815636/
Relevancy 65.36%

Adapter/Charger of my notebook g50-30 stopped working and part replacement under warranty is very troublesome. Service Order was raised and it was closed later without the delivery of the part. And, contacting back to lenovo is troublesome, no proper response. what are the other options I have now apart from buying a new one by myself

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Adapter-Charger-of-my-g50-30-stopped-working-and-part/td-p/3453638
Relevancy 65.36%

Last night I was catching up on missed TV episodes on my PC Today I turned on the monitor I had left the system running and it said that it had recovered from an unexpected shut down It didn t automatically connect to the wifi so I opened the connections window to connect to a network and it said quot Windows cannot find any networks quot I refreshed several times and nothing happened I clicked the option underneath quot Diagnose stopped installed? not HELP!!! adapter says Wi-fi working, why windows can t find any networks quot and it came back with quot This computer does not have a wireless adapter installed and configured quot I then opened up the device manager and under network Adapters the only thing is quot Intel R DC- Gigabit Network Connection quot I checked it out and it says it s working properly and I believe that this adapter is for when you actually connect Wi-fi stopped working, says adapter not installed? HELP!!! a cable directly to the PC Therefore I see no wireless adapter I can only access the web through wifi with my current internet situation so I can t take the comp online to diagnose anything but then I am at such a total loss as to what to do I wouldn t even know what to diagnose Please Help Oh and if it helps my PC is a HP Pavilion Elite m n I got it three years ago and until about two months ago it was sitting unused for about a year This is the first problem I have ever had with it Thanks so much Dee Edited to Add It s running on Windows Vista nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have an XPS 13 that I wanted to use for work this weekend, the power adapter just stopped working. It's done this a couple of times in the past for a short period, but this time it's been for 6 hours or more.
I wasted over an hour on that *** "Dell.com" website trying to submit a support ticket or something, but of course you avoid wasting time and money for contacting customers.
It is still under warranty. What do I do????

A:XPS 13 adapter suddenly stopped working.

Hi,
Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.
Please boot into BIOS <F2> and check what is the status of the adapter is listed as.
Does the light on the adapter switch off, when it is not working?
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995235
Relevancy 64.93%

Suddenly no wireless.  error message said my ethernet cable was disconnected.  But of course there was not an ethernet cable connected in the first place.  A driver issue?

A:\aspire r3700 wireless adapter just stopped workin...

No one can know for sure if it is a driver issue or not.Did you get this error after installing some kind of software?If yes, try doing a backup (if you can).Try uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling it.If this does not work, go to a service.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/aspire-r3700-wireless-adapter-just-stopped-working-WIN-7-help/td-p/419515/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.5%

I keep getting AMD - Display Adapter Stopped working error. I've done several virus scans and cleaned up whatever it found, did a registry clean... uninstalled/reinstalled video card. But still have issues.

The screen will flicker, windows box comes up saying repairing.. then get the blue screen and computer reboots.

If I disable to Video Card I don't have any issues.

AMD Radeon HD 7570

Any suggestions or do I need a new video card?

Thanks

A:AMD - Display Adapter Stopped working error.

Is this amd card a on board graphics card or a separate card? If its separate i would say it could very well be the card itself. Esepcially if you uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics card to no avail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/316146-amd-display-adapter-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm having a problem with my network connection properties window in XP. The net connection and wireless adapter (TP-LINK 802.11ac Network Adapter) work fine. When I right click on the network connection icon and select "Properties", I can see the adapter listed, but when i click the "Configure" button, the properties window just exits instead of allowing me to adjust the properties of the wireless adapter. It did work before and now it doesn't. I can still go into device manager and change the adapter settings there, just not from the network connection properties window. I'm guessing it something registry related, but not sure. Any ideas?Thanks!

A:Configure button for network adapter stopped working

Long shot that sometimes fixes oddities:Go to "Device Manager > Your Network Adapter", right click it and select Uninstall.If by any chance it asks if you want to remove Software then DON'T LET IT (probably doesn't say that in XP). Ignore other warnings. Restart computer. This procedures has simply unhooked the driver, so it will then see your adapter as new hardware and setup the software again. It might happen to get it right this time.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/configure-button-for-network-adapter-stopped-working/203676.html
Relevancy 64.07%

hello everyone so i have this USB adapter its a Sinmax dual antenna when i first got it worked fine and it was a great quot plug n play quot got great signal also used it on moms laptop to get a better signle signal is great with dual but now i took it home and all of a sudden it wont find any wifi networks there r many open ones around here and i usually just connect to different ones In network connections gt adapter settings its showing both of my usb's and the one not working has a red X but it shows it there also near the clock when i plug it in it will show a working Adapter suddenly stopped SinMax USB WIFI few wifi connections then a few seconds later it flashes to an X and i cant do anything so it looks like it works then something happends and it disables it or somthing my other usb wifi works fine im using it now but signal is weak -----i have tried with the non working one tried disable enable going to device manager no yellow or red icons its installed fine but i uninstalled it and replugged it SinMax WIFI USB Adapter stopped working suddenly back in also searched for driver online with the auto look thing i removed all preivous wifi connecteds and cleared it out i tried different usb cords ive tried safe mode with network tried restarting it seems nothing it wrong its definatly the usb adapter or some option somewere i cant seem to come across my other usb's work fine so trying to find out whats wrong ive been looking for hours but cant really find anything thanx alot guys i will also post a ipconfig thing cause alot of people seem to be doing this with problems Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Dolly gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dolly-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ca comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n USB Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - F- - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description USB Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - D- - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e f b f e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday June PM Lease Expires Tuesday July AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D -D - -E -CB- E- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ca comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c ed f fe Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c ed f fe Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap E A - B - E D-A BF- C A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Dolly gt

A:SinMax WIFI USB Adapter stopped working suddenly

Are we talking about the wireless N adaptor connection #2 that doesn't show as having a connection? For the drivers it's best to go to the manufacture's web site for the latest drivers.

You should also go into your routers setting and make sure that wireless N is enabled and that you are using WPA2 security with AES encryption?

If you can go into the network and sharing center and make sure that the wireless profile for this connection is filled out correctly.

On the working connection it looks like you have a static DNS entered there in your IPv4 properties, it might be best to remove those entries and type your DNS servers into the routers set up page instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/235908-sinmax-wifi-usb-adapter-stopped-working-suddenly.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Broadcom DW 1501 wireless-N WLAN card that recently stopped working.
The machine is running Windows 10 since Microsoft provided the free upgrade with no problems. I e been successfully connecting to the internet until a week ago. The driver is up to date but when I try to connect, it always fails. Troubleshooting says the Local Area Connection is not working properly. The device manager says the adapter card is working properly. I uninstalled the card and reinstalled but that did not fix the problem.
Any ideas?  Do I need to get a new card?
Thanks.

A:(Redirected) XPS8300 wi-fi adapter card stopped working

Best to post this in the Networking, Internet, Wireless forum, here:http://en.community.dell.com/forums/3324.aspxBev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985433
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello TSG Forums I Network Adapter Not Working! Missing Icon; Wireless Wireless ve got quite the challenge for you guys Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! I ve gone through two different tech support lines three computer savvy friends and every troubleshooting trick and tip I could scour off of the internet All efforts have been in vain thus far Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! So as to not make this post too long I ll get to the point I recently bought a new wireless adapter to connect to the internet with Previously I was using an older adapter that my room mate was lending me a Motorola Wireless USB Adapter WU G to be exact At first when I installed the motorola it didn t work I can t remember what I did to make it work for the life of me but I eventually twisted my computer s arm enough that it gave in Now it s uninstalled from my computer along with I hope all the drivers and programs that were using it So I bought a new adapter Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter - F D read the instructions carefully and made sure that it was installed just as the manual says Install the software wait for the prompt etc etc Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried to configure my connections Where the wireless detects all the access points and you put in your WEP key etc The wireless adapter seemed to be doing nothing The device manager showed the adapter with no problems and no errors but the program was stubbornly pretending that my wireless adapter didn t exist After trying multiple USB ports uninstalling reinstalling with no progress I concluded to myself that the adapter must be defective The LED light came on now and then but it was slow and very seldom I assumed that it was only recognizing that it had power So after ensuring that the previous adapter was completely uninstalled I take it back to my retailer and trade it off for a new model of a similar price D-Link DWA USB n Adapter - DWA This one upon installing at least seemed more active The LED light would blink now and then as if it were pinging for a signal of some sort So I install it again making sure that I m following the instructions to the letter When the installation finishes and it goes directly into the connection configuration it gives me an error And I quote quot Wireless Adapter not found Please insert the adapter now quot Again windows recognizes the device no errors no visible problems Also when I open Network Connections there is only my LAN line listed I have no wireless network icon and I can t seem to get it to appear So after several hours of tech support and no progress I turn to my friends who are equally baffled The last hours have been mostly dedicated to scouring the internet for clues to the problem So far I ve gone through a whole bunch of dead ends and a list or two of troubleshooting ideas Nothing so far has helped Here are the things I ve tried so far Everything described on this list unless it pertained to dial up networking Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and software several times Installing the driver without the software Installing with Wireless Zero Configuration stopped in services msc I m running a Sony VAIO with Windows XP Media Center Edition If you need to know anything else about my setup just ask Please assist if you can I m running out of options Elliot nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello!

I've got Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Every now and then I get this strange message after turning my laptop on:

HTML Code:
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.102.15.61
Application Timestamp: 45f8a9d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 000761b7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=...
The odd thing is that my internet is still working well.
What do you think is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

follow the instructions on this Dell support page:

bcmwltry.exe error, pls help - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214091-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 63.21%

The other day I went to a friends house came back home booted up my PC and my wireless network adapter wasn t working I ve tried everything to fix it It s a D-Link DWA- n Wireless PCI on network working Desktop. Wirless randomly stopped adapter netowrk adapter On device manager it just says Wireless LAN Card with Wirless network adapter randomly stopped working on Desktop. a yellow exclamation next to it And when I check what the error is it s either error or at different times depending what I ve tried to do to fix it I tried downloading the driver for it off the D-Link website nothing happens at all when I install it I tried taking it out of my computer and plugging it in I tried enabling it and disabling it on device manager I noticed one thing when it s in my computer the green light at the back that says activity next to it isn t on Could it be broken I haven t done anything to it and really don t want to buy a new one Please if you have anything else I can try to fix this it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

My google searches are being redirect to various sites and i receive a error message saying "dell wireless wlan card has stopped working" but im still using my wireless internet just fine. They both started acting up after an ill advised download from a bit torrent site. I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it found some infections but did not do anything for me, then i scanned with avg anti-virus and it found nothing. (malwarebytes and avg anti-virus are the only anti virus software i have and are both fully updated)

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista Basic
AMD Athlon 64 x2

Whenever im redirected i get 1 of 2 images in the address bar (see attachment)

A:Google redirects + Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283792/google-redirects-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 62.35%

So one day I was using a laptop wirelessly when the internet just suddenly turned off. I checked my modem and it was working fine but when I checked my router, the lights were on but not blinking. it was just a steady light. when I checked for a wireless network the name of the network I usually use didnt show up.

I tried unplugging everything and plugging everything back in again and I tried pressing the reset button on the back of the router. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

P.S. my router is a linksys WRT300N Wireless-N Broadband router

A:Wireless router suddenly stopped working (Lights still working though)

what devices do you have connected the router anything else wireless
make and model of the pc

does the PC work if you connect to the router by a cable ?
if not
try connecting directly to the modem and see if that works OK

we need to see some details, which will mean you need to copy to a working PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-suddenly-stopped-working-lights-still-working-though.964187/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have had this problem not being able to turn on the wireless radio for months I have to get it turned on now I would appreciate it if someone could help me get turn it on I have done a number of things to try to resolve the issue When I press lt fn gt F I can see the wireless radio is off I see the power on button When I select the power on button nothing happens I expect the wireless radio to power on I have tried fixing the winsock I have run this MS fix at How to determine and to recover from Winsock corruption in Windows Server in Windows XP and in Windows Vista And I have run this bat file Start of bat file called renew-ip-reset-winsock bat ipconfig release 'wireless Wireless power working, radio on can't stopped pause ipconfig renew pause netsh winsock reset catalog pause netsh int ip reset reset log pause end of bat file I have tried uninstalling rebooting and reinstalling the wireless driver I have removed the following software in this order Power Manager Driver Power Manager Hotkey Utility Wireless NIC Driver Access Connections I have re-installed the above software in the above sequence LenovoThinkPad Power Management Driver ver ku ww exe LenovoThinkPad PowerManagerVer ru ww exe LenovoHotkey Features Integration ver mvu ww exe Lenovo ThinkPadWirelessLan bgnVer iws ww exe LenovoAccess Connections ver c ww exe I have tried fixing it by re-installing the Ethernet wired driver LenovoRealtekLanDriverVer r ww exe I have tried fixing the problem by making sure this registry Wireless stopped working, can't power on 'wireless radio entry was set properly regedit HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services ndisuio Change Start to quot x quot Restart I have installed a different hard drive and restored the Lenovo CD's The wireless radio works fine So I know the hardware is working fine I have Wireless stopped working, can't power on 'wireless radio no red exclamation marks in Device Manager I have nothing called other in Device Manager I have no devices with a yellow explanation mark The wireless device is enabled and working fine I have changEd the settings on Power manager You need to go to Globalsettings on Power manger you can double click Battery to get there Then you need to click on advanced settings Under Power mangement click so it shows Disable for CPU and PCI Bus This will not hurt computer but it will keep your computer from shutting off wirelss card to save power You will need to restart for change to take effect Also make sure Battery stretch is disabled Finally choose maximum performance as scheme name I have all ms updates on the machine The laptop is running Win professional sp gig memory bit Thinkpad Model CTO L Does anyone have any idea what might turn on the wireless radio Thanks Docfxit

A:Wireless stopped working, can't power on 'wireless radio

Hello,

Seems that you've done all sorts of troubleshooting. Have you tried opening up the case and see if the card can be taken out then reseat it properly? Careful though, you don't want to damage the Motherboard.

Is your laptop still under warranty? Might want to call Lenovo Support.
If not, perhaps shop for a new Wi-Fi adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181323-wireless-stopped-working-cant-power-wireless-radio.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Dell Inspiron E laptop Windows XP that worked fine untill I have updated the WiFi driver Since IN after NOT stopped FOUND to working driver ADAPTER WiFi updating REGISTRY STATE new then I get exclamation mark on the device and I can t turn on the WiFi It had Intel R PRO Wireless ABG ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY WiFi stopped working after updating to new driver and v driver but was occassionally dropping rate so I decided to update the driver to the latest Since then I got exclamation mark on the device and was unable to turn on the WiFi anymore and when opening its proerties it prompts a message quot ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY quot and shows that device does not work properly Installation of the driver to quot found new hardware quot fails says driver quot the system cannot find the file specified quot I tried to rollback the driver but it did not help I tried to reinstall the driver but no help either Dell technician tried to repeat that and nothing changed We can see the WiFi card in the BIOS setup Dell replaced the motherboard and the WiFi card and put Intel AGN instead but it did not help I tried using WinsockXPfix that some people suggested but it did not help Pressing Fn F or any other way of enabling the WiFi radio did not work In the services msc I see Wireless Zero Configuration Status Started Startup Type Automatic Logs on As Local System Intel ProSet Wireless SSO Service Starup empty Startup Type Automatic Logs on As Local System Intel ProSet Wireless Service Management service Starup empty Startup Type Automatic Logs on As Local System Intel ProSet Wireless Registry Service Registry Starup Started Startup Type Automatic Logs on As Local System Intel ProSet Wireless Event Log Event trace messages Starup Started Startup Type Automatic Logs on As Local System In Registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Ndisuio Start I tried changing it to and to reboot bu no help I tried both Dell s drivers amp Intel s latest drivers from Intel Driver Update Utility for Intel wireless adapters The BlueTooth can be enabled and disabled via Fn F biut not the WiFi Any suggestion other than reinstalling Windows XP would be appreciated Thank you SW nbsp

A:ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY WiFi stopped working after updating to new driver

Dell replaced the motherboard and the WiFi card, and put Intel 4965AGN instead' but it did not help.Click to expand...
Sounds like their work is not finished.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adapter-state-not-found-in-registry-wifi-stopped-working-after-updating-to-new-driver.950823/
Relevancy 60.2%

Last night I was on the Internet and suddenly lost the connection. At first the laptop said that I was still connected to my network but that there was no Internet connection. I called Verizon and they said that the router was fine. But afterwards the computer couldn't recognize the network, or any other wireless networks. Today, thinking that the network adapter might need to be updated, I tried updating it but the device manager says that this is the most recent update. Yet it's still not working and I can't get online without an ethernet cable. What should I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-adapter-not-working/td-p/5807730
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer will not even load the wireless adapter it says This device has been disabled by the wireless button and cannot be enabled from the Wireless Assistent and I looked and not even loading it up.

A:Wireless adapter not working

Quote: Originally Posted by Morgancentral

My computer will not even load the wireless adapter it says This device has been disabled by the wireless button and cannot be enabled from the Wireless Assistent and I looked and not even loading it up.

I can't even connect to internet

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/290001-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

usually my adapter would sometimes get knocked off the modem and the internet would stop working and i'd have to go to network settings and reconnect and go through the whole long process. i right clicked the internet icon at the bottom right hand corner and saw "repair". being curious, i clicked it thinking it would automatically fix the connection problem. well.......boy was i wrong. it said it was disabling the adapter and in a panic, i took the adapter out of the laptop. when i put it back into the laptop, only one of the LED lights were on. then i went into "device manager" and saw that the BCM5701,Gigabit Ethernet had a yellow exclamation mark infront of it. how do i fix this??? i realy need to fix this quickly!!!!! thanks in advance for your kind help.

A:wireless adapter not working

The repair function disables and then re-enables thats how it fixes it.Re-installing the driver should fix the problem. http://download.cnet.com/BCM5701-Gigabit-Ethernet/3000-2112_4-71305.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-not-working.995563/
Relevancy 60.2%

I just recently purchased a new Windows 8 PC that does not have a built in wi-fi adapter. I have a Zyxel G-220v3 wireless adapter that does not seem to want to work in my new PC (I know it is at least 4 years old.) When I plug it into the USB port in the front of the PC, nothing happens. When I open up the devices and printers tab (from the control panel), I see it listed under "unspecified" with an exclamation point next to it, stating that it "needs troubleshooting." I right click to troubleshoot and am given a message stating that the driver is not installed. I installed the driver, but it still gives the same error message. Do I need to just give in and buy a newer (compatible) wireless adapter? If so, can anyone recommend a wireless adapter that will be compatible with Windows 8?

Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16313-my-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I just bought a wireless adapter for my PC linkseys ae It s been approximately a week and the computer has been on most of the time roughly - hours of a day not in use the whole time however Then today when I booted up my computer the wireless adapter didn t turn on It s working.. adapter wireless New not like a little USB thingy and when i took it out it was extremely hot even though it wasn t doing anything I tried multiple USB slots as well to no avail What basically happens is I put in the CD-rom installation disk then when it prompts me I plug in the New wireless adapter not working.. adapter and then it takes me to the connect to network screen at this point the adapter has it s little wireless light blinking then I try to connect to network the light stops blinking and turns off and it just tries connecting to the network for an eternity anyways help would be much appreciated i spent on the darn thing Just say if you need any info about my computer and how I can find said info I m willing to send it back for a refund just it s a minute drive I want to make sure this isn t fixable first nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Greetings,

Firstly I'm a total newbie when it comes to computers. So that said, here is my issue. My wireless was connected just fine earlier this morning. I put it in sleep mode as I headed out for an hour. Came back and it was not connected. I can't see my wireless adapter only my LAN adapter. Says it was never installed. I've browsed the forums and tried some of the advice given to others but no luck on my end. Will I have to take my machine apart to check the onboard card? Or what should I do next. My other devices are connected except my desktop. Thanks in advance.

-B

A:My wireless adapter was working....

Welcome Inthewake2011,
Sorry it has been so long to get to you for assistance , For starters, please go to device manager and make sure you do not have yellow caution on the driver for your network. If none, then go to your Network and Sharing program in Control Panel and have it config. itself to your internet provider . If this fails to fix your issue, please post back as other tests are in order at that point.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/292797-my-wireless-adapter-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

i've recently been struggling with the wireless adapter (internal) now when i switch it on, it doesnt light up, i dont even get the message that'd let you know that the WLAN has been enabled/disabled. when i check on the device manager, under Network Adapter it says that the device its working properly. im running VISTA and i have a NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller.
if there's anything else you need to know please tell me,

Thanks In Advance

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Dell XPS 400 desktop. I just purchased a Medialink MWN-150N Wireless N USB Adapter. I have never had wireless on this computer and I have always been hard lined directly to the router without any problems of connecting to the net. I installed the software, am able to connect to my network with full bars, but have limited/no activity. I unplugged everything and hooked up the modem 1st, router 2nd, and turned on the computer last, but no luck. I am still able to connect with the cable though. Please help. Thanks!

A:Wireless USB Adapter Not Working

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the manufacturer's web site.

Disable encryption and MAC Address filtering on the route and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-usb-adapter-not-working.1003461/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently purchased a Tenda W U wireless adapter for a machine in a second room Plugged it in Windows loaded the drivers and it was good to go I set it up to be an RDP server was able to connect to it without issue The only problem I had with the Tenda adapter was the range amp power so I ended up adapter... RDP with working new wireless not replacing the Tenda with a TP-Link TL-WN N I downloaded the latest driver for the TP-Link adapter installed it and was able to connect to my DSL router and to the internet Connection solid good speeds The only problem is with the TP-Link adapter I cannot connect to this machine using RDP Everything else seems fine Is there something in the TP-Link driver that would kill RDP Any other ideas on what might be causing this When I plug the Tenda adapter back in I can again connect to this machine with RDP RDP not working with new wireless adapter... no problem I'm stumped Thanks in advance for any suggestions I've done a lot of googling and haven't found any clear solutions

A:RDP not working with new wireless adapter...

Nevermind...I'm a tool. The new wireless adapter had a different IP address, so I needed to re-apply the port forwarding rule to the new IP, in the router settings. Working now, woot! Thanks to all who peeked at my post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173412-rdp-not-working-new-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Canyon CNP-WF511 that just will not work.
It installed on Windows XP and ran fine but now windows
now installs the drivers and thats it. Nothing else. The
card doesn't appear on the list of network cards. Then
though after a few restarts it asks for the drivers again.
Also the card says it supports Windows Vista. So im
supposing that it will work on windows 7. My old graphics
worked of Vista drivers so I don't see why this card
can't. The computer does recognize that there is a card
though.

Any help?

A:Wireless Adapter not working

There are W7 drivers for your device here: Download drivers and software

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/144939-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I suddenly had a problem with my usb wireless adapter Before when it was perfectly working the driver installed for my wireless adapter was RTL Everything was working perfectly the adapter and the software quot realtek wireless lan utility quot still detects my adapter But oneday I really don t know what happened my pc just started to not recognize my adapter The quot realtek lan Adapter USB Not Wireless Working My utility quot doesn t detect my adapter The quot disable adapter quot option box is always quot checked quot and when I unchecked it nothing happens I also notice that every time I plug my usb wireless adapter a My USB Wireless Adapter Not Working pop-up icon saying quot This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a hi-speed USB port quot which before doesn t appear every time I plug it in Also the quot Found new harware quot message appears every time I don t know what happen but I think somehow my pc is not recognizing the usb wireless adapter properly Because when I uninstalled the driver and re-installed it nothing happens When I plug my usb it still says quot found new hardware quot I tried using quot driver identifier quot to reinstall the driver and searching it on the net but I was surprised because the driver it was pointing to My USB Wireless Adapter Not Working was quot RTL u quot someting like that which installs quot RTL cu quot and not the original quot RTL quot The device ID is quot VID BDA amp PID quot My USB Wireless Adapter Not Working I tried installing the driver but the system crashes displaying a blue screen message and so I think it really was not the driver for it I really don t know what to do so if anyone can help I d really appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-usb-wireless-adapter-not-working.192554/
Relevancy 60.2%

I just bought a new Linksys E1200 N speed router to help with my internet, since I share it with 8 other people. But after I got everything working, the internet was really slow, then it just kicked me off and said my adapter wasn't compatible. It's a Linksys rangeplus USB wireless adapter (WUSB100).

How can I get my adapter working with my router?

A:Wireless Adapter Not Working

Been reading a few other websites and a lot of people say the firewall on the router significantly damages speed. But if I turn it off won't that invite viruses? I still have my computer firewall but still.

Edit: So I think there's a firewall on the router, plus the network is password protected, I think my adapter has security too, and then there's my computer's firewall. Should I disable a couple of these?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-not-working.1019323/
Relevancy 60.2%

I installed an Alfa AWUS H wireless adapter on my Asus u f laptop It didn t work customer support said it must be a defective unit and return One not Wireless adapter working of Wireless adapter not working the troubleshooting steps I tried was disabling the regular wireless adapter I tried that and also uninstalling it Now I have uninstalled the Alfa driver utility and simply want my regular wireless to work again I tried reinstalling the driver automatically and also others i found on the net and none work They all say device is working properly but there is a red x on the tray icon and it says no connections and there is no list of networks in range like usual When I run the Windows troubleshooter it says there is a problem with the driver but offers no solution I tried system restore from multiple points but all say it can t restore possibly due to AV program So I uninstalled avast tried again and still can t get a restore I ve been playing with this for a couple hours and can t think of anything else to try For the record the ethernet connection works fine I hope I m not screwed really don t want to have to do a fresh install

Recheck your drivers and check this Driver Download site -Driver - ALFA Network 21 Aug 2012http://www.alfa.com.tw/in/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=AWUS036H&Category=105463#Installation << Driver install directions -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468473/wireless-adapter-not-working/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I have a Toshiba Portege R835-P55X laptop with Windows 7 and recently the wireless will not work. It will try to connect to a network but will run the troubleshooter (and have no solutions) and then disconnect. The wireless adapter is a Intel Centrino n-1000 adapter and I have already uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers for it. After that did not work I replaced the adapter with at Intel Centrino 6230 adapter, but the problem is still there. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I recently installed a Linksys Wireless G-PCI adapter in my older desktop PC. It is showing up in the tray, but gives me the message "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you want windows to configure this wirless connection, start the wirelss zero configuration service. Article 871122 in microsoft knowledge base."

Does anyone have a solution for this? this adapter was in another computer of mine, and I just moved it to this one.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

A:Wireless G-PCI Adapter Not Working

Have you tried the steps that are outlined in Article 871122 ??? If that failed what happened when you used the trouble shooting References?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-g-pci-adapter-not-working.530061/
Relevancy 60.2%

hello,,
recently i've bought tp-link tl-wn721n wireless usn adapter..
dont know wether already install properly or not..
but i found wireless icon in network..it said "Enabled"..
when i tried to create adhoc...cannot..
what shud i do?

is it this usb adapter can create network n access internet via home broadband without any wifi router?

A:wireless adapter not working

If I understand correctly....
Yes you need a wireless router as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/135330-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have windows server 2012 r2 essentials on my laptop. Please help me how to enable wifi adaptor so that I can connect to wifi network. [Personal Information Removed]

Solved!
View Solution.

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W8.1 wireless card driver for that model wireless card. This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp71432.exe 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-adapter-not-working/td-p/5334875
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I work with a server with three POS workstations using Ascend bicycle POS we recently switched to ATT U-verse and got whatever modem router they gave us The three workstations retrieve all their information from the server database over the WAN that they connect through a built in other. not adapter like Wireless the working wirless card The server does not have a built in wirless card I have a WNA Wireless adapter not working like the other. N- Netgear adapter that works and the workstations can connect to the server but the signal strength is not good - so I went and got a WNA N- and the signal strength on that one is It works just like the N- Connects fine internet works but for some reason the workstations will Wireless adapter not working like the other. only connect with the N- so I cannot use the N- for anything but internet The workgroup is the same and they are connected to the same access point I am not sure what the networking problem is and why the workstations can connect over the router to the server using the N- but not the N- that works exactly the same Please Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-not-working-like-the-other.1056539/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

I have recently rebuilt my toshiba L750 PSK2YA OL702S laptop and are currently having issue with the wireless adapter

I downloaded the atheros drivers from the toshiba website and everytrhing appears to be working ok

However when I try ipconfig /all it does not appear

any advice would be appreciated

Thank You

Warwick Lyons

A:Wireless Adapter not working

Hey, you might try also clicking on the view, then 'show hidden device' and scroll down to the universal bus controller. check for conflicts there. hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-not-working.1054273/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I need help! Two days ago my wife's computer would not connect to wireless networks anymore. It said that "No connections are available". It used to tell us to turn the switch in the front of the computer on, however it is on. (Now it will not troubleshoot, I receive an error during troubleshooting). Further the device manager says the network adapter (Atheros AR9285) is working properly. I have spent two days trying everything that I can find on the internet without being able to resolve this problem. I know the wireless router is working properly because I am using it on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Your help is appreciated.

Hi Italifin, welcome to sevenforums. Do you have the wireles signal strength bars showing in the system tray at the bottom right? (It looks like 5 vertical bars of ascending sizes) If you do have it, is there a red X through it or a yellow circle?. If either of these, right click on it and select to "troubleshoot connection" and see what the troubleshooter comes up with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/180913-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone I adapter USB Wireless not working recently bought Wireless USB adapter not working this adapter Plugged the item into my desktop computer specs gigabyte p m-ud Radeon Windows -bit and it would automatically install the drivers BUT that's all it would do Then several minutes later it shoots me a popup saying quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it Asus n Network Adapter This operation returned because the timeout period expired quot Well apparently even after saying there was an error the driver installed anyways or so I think because when I check in network places the device showed up BUT it says disabled So I try and enable it It goes from enabling to enabled BUT the device still shows up as disabled I checked device manager updated to latest driver uninstalled driver reinstalled I even did a fresh install of Windows and it still gave me the quot timeout error quot I might also add that whenever I plug in the adapter everything is much slower Shutdown hangs startup hangs opening programs hangs etc I had windows troubleshooter check and it gave me the following response quot There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter quot I looked this up on google and found no help Then I tried it on my laptop Gateway P- fx and when I inserted the adapter WOW it worked everything was working fine internet goes But I don't understand why it won't work on my desktop The only reason I would think is the possible culprit is maybe MAYBE driver or hardware conflicts I'm not sure Any input would be nice Also I've heard about the kaspersky filter but I don't have kaspersky on my computer and I've looked through the forum with no luck Any input will be much appreciated Thanks in advanced

A:Wireless USB adapter not working

It looks like a USB port issue. Have you tried different ports? sounds trivial and i don't expect it to be a fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/64042-wireless-usb-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

the problem is that my internet was working fairly okay on wireless until i couldnt access somethings like online multiplayer on games so i decided to give the router a reboot see if that would do anything and its stopped the wireless working i checked on the laptop aswell working EVERYTHING! for Wireless Stopped any many other devices it ll pick up the network sometimes tries to connect if i have the setting on connect automatically but it ll vanish in about - seconds i can only connect via ethernet so i will leave a xirrus shot and a ipconfig via ethernet on of course i tried other things like - - reset and a hard reset but still the same i hope theres a solution for this Thanks sam ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users wwwli gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter WiFi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe fe b ae f IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap ECA -C A - E-A C- BE FB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd f c a eb c Link-local IPv Address fe f c a eb c Default Gateway C Users wwwli gt nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

when I went to bed last night laptop worked fine. woke up today & cannot connect to internet. red x thru icon. cannot find my centurylink wireless info. 2 days ago started getting continuous beeping alarm but still boots properly. only problem is no internet connection. am typing this post on wii using same wireless connection. everything worked fine until today. I do have 1button that sticks but not all the time.
I just checked & wired laptop seems to work fine.

A:hp g72 wireless stopped working

Welcome to the forums!

Here's a list of beep codes.

Beep Code:
Description of Problem:

No Beeps
Short, No power, Bad CPU/MB, Loose
Peripherals

One Beep
Everything is normal and Computer POSTed fine

Two Beeps
POST/CMOS Error

One Long Beep, One Short Beep
Motherboard Problem

One Long Beep, Two Short Beeps
Video Problem

One Long Beep, Three Short Beeps
Video Problem

Three Long Beeps
Keyboard Error

Repeated Long Beeps
Memory Error

Continuous Hi-Lo Beeps
CPU Overheating

We have many excellent tutorials here at the forums. Here's one that may help you track down the problem, just click on the link.

Event Viewer - Open and Use in Windows 7
You could also try removing the RAM sticks and re-seating them after blowing off the dust.

Also, have you ran an sfc/scannow to find and possibly repair any corrupted system files?

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309400-hp-g72-wireless-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys...

well I turned on my computer this morning and my wireless cannot find ANY signals and it says "no network connections".... my brothers can use the internet fine, but I can't get anything, and I've tried repairing, disabling, resetting the router, taking the power out of the router and putting it back in...

I was thinking of reinstalling the wireless drivers... I downloaded the drivers, but i have no idea what the hell to do with it, or how to install it or whatever....

Any Ideas??

Thanks!

A:Wireless Just stopped working :S

Hi, riz72.

I'm thinking your problem may lie within your DNS, so..

"Start" | "Run..." | Type "CMD" into the dialog box | You should now see a black window with a blinking cursor, this is what we want.
Now type in "ipconfig /flushdns" then "ipconfig /release" then "ipconfig /renew" | Now, finally enter "exit" or just close the black window.

Did this work?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-just-stopped-working-s-376741.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My system is Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack My wireless worked fine and all of a sudden it working My - help! stopped wireless stopped working The wireless light will not go on and my computer will not recognize any wireless networks I can connect via cable and everything is fine I have done all the updates searched with diagnostic tools and can't figure out what is wrong The 'connect to a network' gives me an error message to install wireless My wireless stopped working - help! networking hardware and verify that the correct drivers are loaded From a previous thread I saw the following message and found that everything was there except that when I clicked on WLAN AutoConfig it said that the service depends on four system components and I could only find two of them Where do I find the other two and how do I load them They are NativeWiFi Filter NDIS Usermode I O Protocol I think I will fall madly in love with whoever can help me fix this Here is the message from the previous thread that I followed From the troublesome computer verify that all your network services are Started from Control Panel gt Performance amp Maintenance gt Admin Tools gt Services COM Event System for WZC issues Computer Browser DHCP Client DNS Client Network Connections Network Location Awareness Remote Procedure Call RPC Server TCP IP Netbios helper Wireless Zero Configuration XP wireless configurations only WLAN AutoConfig Vista wireless configurations only Workstation

A:My wireless stopped working - help!

Hi and welcome to TSF can you go to device manager and look for any error flags ie yellow ! or red Xs please let us know what you find

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-wireless-stopped-working-help-516256.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My sony vaio (vista) has stopped working wirelessly. I have tried it at two locations with two different networks and modems and both times it would not work. So its the laptop that must be at fault. I can connect to the internet through the ethernet cable. Please help

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there From switching on the PC today for some reason we are unable to connect to the internet yet it s running fine on the laptop Am running Windows XP Professional SP on a HP Pavillion a uk desktop trying to connect with Belkin wireless adaptor working Wireless PC?! on stopped on ISP Virgin Media Was running fine yesterday but for some reason today we can only get limited or no connectivity Tried repairing connection Didn t help Upon Wireless stopped working on PC?! going into Device Manager however I Wireless stopped working on PC?! can get the wireless cards to show up but on in the device manager other devices quot network controller quot has an exclamation mark and says that the network controller drivers are not configured properly Bit weird considering it was fine up until now but okay I imagine that the network controller is something to do with the Belkin am I right What would be the best approach Tried start gt run gt ipconfig but unfortunately the PC refuses to show anything just flashes up and disappears straight away Any help nbsp

A:Wireless stopped working on PC?!

The Network Controller is probably your ethernet, but often other networking adapters won't work if the controller has issues. Try installing the latest driver for it for your machine from HP's web site.

Pay particular attention to the CMD in the following.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-stopped-working-on-pc.903020/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey I have a new laptop that i have Working....Help Wireless Has Just Stopped just brought with intergrated Intel wireless Wireless Has Just Stopped Working....Help and I have also invested in a wireless router which is a D-Link DI- when I first set Wireless Has Just Stopped Working....Help up the router it was fine and I had the internet wirelessly with no problems All of a sudden when I got home from work today I found that I cannot connect to the internet using the router Nothing on the laptop has changed and I have not fiddled with the router either When I go on the wireless conection wizard the laptop finds and connects to my router and this is indicated by connected and also in the properties of the connection the router seems to be working fine with no problems But when I open Firefox and IE there is no home page I have disables Norton firewall and also made sure that both of the browsers are aloud though Zone Alarm firewall so I know that it is not this that is coursing the problem Any help would be greatly apprciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I usually hit this forum every time I have a problem and am usually able to find a solution However my wireless connection went down yesterday and so far having searched through I havn t found a solution yet - here s the problem I had to re-set my modem yesterday working Wireless stopped as we had forgotten the password to the router s settings Since then however I ve not been able to get the wireless features to work - I simply keep getting a message stating that it is connected with limited access I can Wireless stopped working access the internet by using an ethernet cable into the back of the modem router but it s the wireless Wireless stopped working which doesn t seem to be Wireless stopped working working I ve tried turning it on and off again reseting the passkey and a few other methods but nothing seems to be getting it to work again I tryed calling the Belkin support line it s a Belkin f d - router but in a minute call the best they could come up with was to reformat my laptop A couple of weeks ago I used a guide found on the internet which suggested certain services could be shut down to speed vista up Since then the internet icon at the bottom right of hte screen has displayed the message connection status unknown - the dependancy service or group failed to start - could this have something to do with the problem The internet worked fine until I had to reset the modem yesterday even with this message Thanks so much for any advice or help anybody can offer nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I am not sure we are having the same issue. My wireless was working for months and months then one day is just stopped. I immediatley called the cable company - no issues there. I then bought a new router. Still had issues. When connected right to the cable, I can get out to the internet. When connected through Linksys, it was intermittent at best. I have had 3 calls with Linksys. Each time resetting, etc. Then a fellow at work said when his neighbor installed their wireless, it was causing a conflict if you will. So he has recommended I change the channel from the default 11 to 10. I will try tonight and keep you all posted. Is this similar to your issue?

Relevancy 59.77%

My cable company said my wireless adapter on my laptop does not work and isn't picking up a signal. They believe I may need to reinstall the wireless driver. I have a hp G60-535-dx and I recently updated Windows 7 and don't know if that caused the problem. My other laptop is a windows Vista and will connect to the internet and they both share a wireless router, however the windows 7 laptop will not connect to the internet. What is the best way to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 59.77%

Recently have been going thru the network wars Finally replaced my wireless router New one set up fine one laptop connects the other will NOT It s not seeing any routers at all I am Built-In Working? Adapter Not Wireless fixing to try a pcmcia wireless adapter on that computer with the internal wireless turned off to see if I can see the network It s the card that the working laptop does use I even turned off trend micro internet security to see if the firewall was blocking access somehow Is there a way to reinstall or refresh Built-In Wireless Adapter Not Working? the built in adapter How do I tell if that s what the problem is It Built-In Wireless Adapter Not Working? s a gateway laptop running vista home Internet is dsl and the new wireless router is a Rosewill N router with b g compatibility I did verify that the router IS broadcasting etc and as I said one laptop is connecting wirelessly A desktop is connecting with a cat cable Thanks nbsp

A:Built-In Wireless Adapter Not Working?

Interesting - it's the distance that is the problem. When I took the connecting laptop out into the living room, it can't find the network any more. When I brought the non working laptop in the same room with the router it connects.

I live in a flippin' trailer! Single wide! There's not a whole lot of distance...

I have never had this problem before. Suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/built-in-wireless-adapter-not-working.860113/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have my hp dv6 1152tx laptop but the wireless connection is not working after i updated it to windows 7 from vista. I have downloaded the latest driver update for win 7 driver pack sp45524 but still it is not working. i have tried check if the wifi is turned off from bios but i cannot find it there too.checked it on manage wireless network but it is saying my wireless is not enabled.Red cross on network in task bar.no icon of wifi in mobility centeri cannot even find my driver in device manager.i installed broadcom sp45524 but still nothing has worked.

A:Wireless network adapter not working DV6

Hi: See if installing this utility and restarting the PC allows you to turn on the wireless network adapter by using the software interface. This package contains the HP Wireless Assistant for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. The HP Wireless Assistant is a user application that provides a way to control the enablement of individual wireless devices (such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or WWAN devices) and that shows the state of the radios for these wireless devices. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45222.exe There is also a newer driver you can use for the BCM wireless card your notebook has... 5.100.82.139   Jul 13, 2012 http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57965.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-network-adapter-not-working-DV6/td-p/5796883
Relevancy 59.77%

I m using Windows XP service pack on a desktop computer After installing windows on a new formatted hard drive I installed my network adapter g usb and installed the software needed to run it Firstly it could detect the wireless network that I wanted to connect to so I clicked it and then clicked connect A small window popped up saying that it is trying to connect and detect the network type After a few seconds it says that it cannot connect and may be out of range but installed adapter but Wireless not 802.11g working there is nothing wrong with my router as I have tested it and it is only metres away from my adapter Now I added my wireless connection to preferred connections and typed in the SSID the WEP key to see if that made any difference I went back to scan for wireless connections but it still wouldnt connect This time when I scanned the wireless network it told me that it is automatic so it should automatically connect but even when i tried to connect no window appeared asking for a password and just tried to connect After waiting for about minutes it Wireless adapter 802.11g installed but not working stopped trying to connect and so I looked for more solutions I went to device manager to update driver but it is the latest version I tried to roll back driver but it said there arent any files to back it up so neither of these worked Then I clicked on change advance settings by clicking on view wireless networks and then configure Here I clicked on the tab advanced and changed the property IBSS default b mode from disable to Wireless adapter 802.11g installed but not working enable while my firewall was switched off At this stage when I view wireless connections my network would say Not Connected rather than Automatic and I would be able to access the internet but not at full speed Then I click on change the order of preferred networks which is also after clicked on view wireless connections and click properties after selecting my network This would bring up another window and then I clicked on a tab named Authentication Under this tab I change the top property to its opposite ie from off - on or on - off which then when I clicked view wireless connections my wireless network would be shown as connected Although you may think that there should be no problem here I decided to go off and ruin it by trying to make it go faster Being me I did something stupid I went to preferred wireless networks and Wireless adapter 802.11g installed but not working I added and identical network to the one I was connected to to see if i would receive double the packets in the same amount of time After i did that it disconnected and i tried to repeat all my steps before from uninstalling and reinstalling but it will not connect at all Any help available Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless adapter 802.11g installed but not working

802.11n can be problematic especially in compatibility with other vender's devices. 11g should be easy.

You need to use a WIRED connection to configure your WiFi router;
find the WiFi settings
set the channel
set the SSID (don't use the default!)
leave encryption off (set this latter)
and set the mode {a,b,g,n} to match your systems WiFi device
save the settings
CHANGE the admin password and save again
Now disconnect the wired connection and enable the WiFi device;
Look for your SSID and connect.

Once this works, then you can get back into the router (wired connection)
and set the encryption (WPA2) should be your first choice and WEP the last.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-adapter-802-11g-installed-but-not-working.127999/
Relevancy 59.77%

i have never had any problems connecting wirelessly to internet. when i attempted to access wi-fi internet at hotel with laptop, i got the error message "no wireless networks available". The Vista help support suggested that i may need to update my driver, but when i attempted to do so, it stated that my driver had most recent updates. Can someone please help, or clarify why my laptop is not recognizing the available network?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I've had a Linksys wireless adapter for a little less than a year now with no problems. Recently it has ceased to work. When I plug it in to any USB port, the light on the adapter does not blink like it normally does, and I can't search for networks. The adapter doesn't even show up in the device manager. I don't understand why the device would all of a sudden stop working.

A:Linksys Wireless USB adapter not working

it may have just broken
if its not in device manager you could try re-installing the drivers you got with the device or downloading and copying onto the machine
start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

network adapters
click on the + sign

post backs whats there

also any ! X or ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wireless-usb-adapter-not-working.670841/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Everyone I m usually fairly saavy and resourceful in getting a computer tech problem solved but am at my Not Working Adapter :-( End! At Wits Wireless USB wits end to get At Wits End! USB Wireless Adapter Not Working :-( this one solved I ve searched many posts for the answers and just when I think I m close the post dies So here s hoping the superior intellect of the Tech Support Guy users can save the day First the hardware Computer HP n specs here http h www hp com ewfrf wc p amp lang en OS Windows XP Added hardware New -port USB PCI card loaded and works just fine with all other USB devices iPod thumb drive printer etc Onboard USB ports are Device I m trying to install My Essential Belkin G USB Adapter http www myessentialssupport com p pid ME -USB The story do far I installed the My Essentials software and when asked to please At Wits End! USB Wireless Adapter Not Working :-( place the USB card in a USB port I place it in and get an error stating that the card did not install properly The driver is found and the computer recognizes the device as a quot My Essentials USB Adapter quot but gives the error At first I would receive a CODE saying the drivers would not load properly This error also then showed up for the onboard LAN as well yellow exclaimations on both adapters in device manager So thinking there might be some conflict between adapters I went into the bios and disabled the onboard LAN REALTEK Now after uninstalling the software rebooting and reinstalling I get a CODE error in the device manager telling me there is a problem with the USB Adapter The REALTEK onboard LAN no longer shows up a good thing I have done the uninstall reboot reinstall thing many times using the latest drivers from Belkin link shown above I cannot delete or uninstall the card in device manager I get an error saying quot Failed to uninstall device quot and that it may be required to boot the computer I went to the Bios to make sure no network related devices had anything to do with a boot sequence I ve tried booting in safe mode and installing from there I ve tried the Norton removal software to make sure any past antivirus software was not messing anything up Basically this seems to be some error relating to the drivers associated with networking I could really use some help and peace of mind and appreciate anything anyone can do to help me out Thank you for reading and your willingnes to help Jeremy nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I use Toshiba Satellite L645-S4056. I lost my recovery partition so i installed windows 7 from another DVD. Previously my laptop had home premium but i installed ultimate with a DVD. After installing computer doesnot detect any Network adapter. It doesnot even show wireless adpater in device manager so i cannot install specific driver. I went to toshiba website downloaded an exe file that install wireless driver specific to my model but still it does not recognize. While troubleshooting it says cannot detect any properly installed network adapter. Is it because of home premium and ultimate conflict ?? How do get proper driver and install it ?? Please help ASAP !! Thanks in advance

A:Wireless Adapter driver not working .

Did the Network Adapter get installed when you tried to install it? If not then did you get any message regarding success or failure about your efforts?

I think that things should work if you use your original Home Premium DVD that was supplied by Toshibs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/230670-wireless-adapter-driver-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello and thanks for reading My problem is the following I have a Gateway Laptop model MT pre-installed with Windows Vista I formatted down to XP because quite frankly I dont like Vista I found and reinstalled all my drivers correctly aside from the wireless adapter The adapter I have is the following Realtek RTL SE I have gone to the manufactures website the the Gateway website and made sure I downloaded the XP drivers I install them reboot because the installation asks adapter working Solved: not Wireless me to and when I go to Device Manager it appears as if I Solved: Wireless adapter not working hadn t installed the drivers at all It tells me The drivers for this hardware are not installed click Install Drivers to install them I click and the pop up window says quot Failed to install drivers quot Do I have to go back to Vista Is there a way I can get that wireless card working keeping XP Thanks a lot for your time If you need more specs of the parts or the laptop itself I will post if necessary Thanks again for your time nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I've got a Dell inspiron n4010 laptop running Windows 7. It recently got a virus which I believe I removed. The problem now is that it cannot connect to the internet. I do not see the adapter in device manager and attempts to identify it or install drivers for it causes the laptop to crash. I have tried using a repair disk and connecting to wifi through a usb adapter but all attempts have failed.

I am thinking of just replacing the wireless adapter. Based on this what is your opinion of the following?
1) Do you think this will solve my problem
2) How do I determine which cards are compatible with this device?

Thanks,
Matt

A:Wireless adapter not working. Replacement?

I've got a Dell inspiron n4010 laptop running Windows 7Click to expand...

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on that Dell?

Is it running Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

It recently got a virus which I believe I removed. The problem now is that it cannot connect to the internet. I do not see the adapter in device manager and attempts to identify it or install drivers for it causes the laptop to crashClick to expand...

We don't know the nature of the virus and how you believe you removed it, so my guess at this point is that the Windows operating system is damaged.

Are you unable to connect both wireless and ethernet?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-not-working-replacement.1153967/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I just purchased a Pendo Pad 10.1 running Windows 10. I tried to connect it to my home WiFi and found that there was no option for this although researched proved there should be. When I troubleshoot it said that there is a driver or hardware problem with the Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter. I factory reset the tablet and the problem still persists. I've tried to find the drivers online but haven't been able to and I'm not sure how to find the right ones when the tablet wont connect to the internet. When I purchased it I was told that it had been used very briefly and was factory reset, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem. If you know where I could find the drivers online or another way of fixing the problem please let me know.

Device Status
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Driver Version: 5.93.102.19

A:New Pendo Pad Wireless Adapter not Working

Hi,
we have exactly the same issue reported here
see post #9
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-driver-needed-urgently-please.1164776/
Thank you all for reply. After contacting Pendo, I;m told that this particular model of PendoPad looses WiFi drivers after a reset. So Pendo has had quite a few very unhappy customers with the same problem, they also tell me that Microsoft is aware of the problem, and a will eventually, maybe, in the near future ,hopefully soon have a solution.
Pendo will replace my PendoPad with a comparable one if Microsoft is unable help.
So, how long should I wait?Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pendo-pad-wireless-adapter-not-working.1165084/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a desktop pc that the ethernet card died in so i just went and bought a belkin wireless usb adapter it just does not work If i reset my modem it works for one second then stops it used usb working wireless Belkin adapter not to hang on waiting for Belkin wireless usb adapter not working network when trying to connect now i have gotten it to connect but it goes to limited conectivity I have disabled my onboard network card ive removed all networks on my wireless list i have run the network connection wizard ive done TCP IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP For these commands Start Run CMD to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock Belkin wireless usb adapter not working reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log i have tried turning off the security on router ive tried to change the channel ive tried changing the name on router i am able to connect all my other laptops and wireless gadgets to this router HELPPPPPP nbsp

A:Belkin wireless usb adapter not working

Ever considered the device may be faulty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-wireless-usb-adapter-not-working.118422/
Relevancy 59.77%

Recently I bought a D-link wireless adapter DWA- Wireless N Nano USB XP not adapter DWA-131 D-Link with working Wireless to put into an old Compaq computer I have The D-link adaptor software loads fine but it doesn't seem to interface with this version of XP Its clear that the adaptor itself is working because I have tested it with my current computer and its fine Picks up wifi and I can browse online When I load it onto my old compaq it asks at some point D-Link DWA-131 Wireless adapter not working with XP whether I want to scan for D-Link DWA-131 Wireless adapter not working with XP connections and it picks up my wireless connection no problem Its just that when its done the connection has a red cross next to it indicating that its not connecting Anyway I have attached some screenshots that explain what I D-Link DWA-131 Wireless adapter not working with XP have done much better than these words Have a quick look at the processes I have been through I'd be amazed if anyone can help me with this one Also this version of XP seems to be customised in small ways for compaq and one of the things that I have never been able to get work was the wireless connection - which I always assumed was just the wireless card not working I never worried because I got it from the warehouse at work

A:D-Link DWA-131 Wireless adapter not working with XP

There is a firmware update for the DWA-131 here which may help:
DWA-131: Wireless-N Nano USB Adapter - Technical support D-Link

There are three listed, but for Windows you need the last one (DWA-131 Firmware v1.20).

The device uses a Realtek driver because it's chipset is made by Realtek.
It's not unusual for device manufacturer's to use chipsets made by a well-established third party, especially where wireless devices are concerned.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/d-link-dwa-131-wireless-adapter-not-working-with-xp-639281.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all
I have an orange wireless adapter that worked fine with my old orange livebox but doesn't work for the new one. The green light on the adapter is solid and not flashing like it should be. Do I need to configure something or set it to the new livebox somehow? I haven't got a clue. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Wireless adapter not working for new Livebox

Try looking through this FAQ
http://zxon.notnet.co.uk/orange/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-adapter-not-working-for-new-livebox.113149/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a D-Link wireless adapter (DWL-G122) that I have been trying to install on a Windows XP computer. After various uninstalls and reinstalls of the drivers and programs that come with it, I have found currently the best way to get it to work is leave the D-Link programs uninstalled and have Windows install the driver itself.

The problem is, it doesn't seem to keep the drivers on restarting, so every time the computer is restarted, it must be installed again. This is not ideal.

It occasionally worked when I installed from the CD, but the D-Link programs that would install with the drivers created problems of their own.

Is there anything that could be causing these drivers to be deleted every session? Or perhaps they are not being installed correctly by Windows?

The computer is running Windows XP SP3

A:Help: D-Link Wireless Adapter Not Working

Welcome to TSG.
What I might do is display the adapter in device manager.Go to the drivers tab.Note what library and driver are being pointed to.Is that the correct version driver? If not,I might go through the update driver script,and point to the driver and location that you want to use and see if that sticks over a re-boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-d-link-wireless-adapter-not-working.983911/
Relevancy 59.77%

Afternoon All Hopefully someone can help me seemingly out of the blue my desktop PC would not connect to the internet Card Wireless & not working Help! adapter LAN wireless icon on bottom right of desktop has a red cross next to grey signal bars and it says not connected - no connections are available I have a n Wireless LAN card which is showing in Help! Wireless LAN Card & adapter not working the device manager Help! Wireless LAN Card & adapter not working it is enabled the blue wireless light on the front of the desktop tower is on I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software I have done Help! Wireless LAN Card & adapter not working a system restore times on different restore points run the pc in safe mode everything but it still doesn t work windows is telling me the device is working correctly I thought it must be a dodgy card so I have just purchased a netgear wireless adapter in the hope that would work it installs the software and then says to plug in the adapter and when I do and follow the installation wizard it says the adapter is not found I have ensured the wireless card is disabled prior to doing this as I thought it may have interfered but still nothing I then thought maybe its my virus software BitDefender so I have just uninstalled it completely but still no joy I can t work out what is wrong please can someone help Many Thanks nbsp

A:Help! Wireless LAN Card & adapter not working

does it work at all if connected by a cable to the router ?
what windows version ?
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

can we see an xirrus screen shot
and an ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Ru... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-lan-card-adapter-not-working.1129938/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, my issue is that my Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter isn't working correctlyIn device manaher it says for device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed}The requested operation was unsuccessful. And i have no clue what to do. I have already tried reinstalling and uninstalling the driverIt doesn't matter what version the driver is on Also restarting the laptop does not help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Realtek-wireless-adapter-not-working/td-p/5721315
Relevancy 59.77%

I've followed some on the steps provided on here, but I still can not connect to the internet via wireless option error message appears as "there might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter" I've downloaded the latest version from the Dell support site and it still doesn't work. please help. I'm available to connect if I plug in the Ethernet cable directly to my laptop.

A:Wireless network adapter not working

Welcome jeccajo2013

Is there a button on the laptop that turns the wireless ON/OFF ? My step-daughter forgets to check this all the time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310537-wireless-network-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have recently set up a wireless network using the Belkin N Wireless router The router s connection to the internet is fine and all three of the laptops connected to the network are able to access the internet As my PC did not come with a wireless card I am using the Belkin N Wireless adapter supplied with the router After initially installing the provided software and plugging in the N Adapter Wireless working Belkin not adapter I could not find my home network using the Belkin Wireless Utility I could only see several secure local networks indicating that the adapter at least was working However after uninstalling and reinstalling the software Windows refuses to identify the adapter with a system tray window stating that a device that I have plugged in has malfunctioned and directing me to the USB root hub which defines the adapter as an unknown device furthermore the Belkin software now displays no connections whatsoever In addition the LED on the adapter is not on when it is plugged in I am running Windows XP SP Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have trawled the internet and exhausted my own ideas as to what the problem could be After emailing Belkin I was twice sent an automated response telling me to disable WLANcfg exe although I can t find any such program in the system directory or elsewhere nbsp

A:Belkin N Wireless Adapter not working

"... the LED on the adapter is not on when it is plugged in."

Assuming that's a power LED, that could be a dead adapter. Plug it into a USB in another computer and see if the power LED comes on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n-wireless-adapter-not-working.631510/
Relevancy 59.34%

My AVG anti virus wanted a restart so I decided to go ahead and restart the computer I have icons in a corner of my desktop for disabling WLAN and enabling WLAN the windows wireless config this is to get around the extreme lag that ruins being on the internet with windows wireless internet config Anyway after the reboot I click to enable it and get the message 'you do not have sufficient privileges or group policy internet Wireless stopped just working has been applied' So I can no longer enable the wireless to connect to a network But I am the admin and only use that account anyway Anyone know Wireless internet just stopped working how to fix this I can't think of how this happened it's been fine for quite a few months of me clicking the wlan on off as needed so that I don't get those nasty lag spikes I have vista ultimate bit I haven't gone wired but might have to later but that's a huge pain and not a permanant solution Side question is there another way to actually FIX this crappy searching for internet connections huge lag spike every minute problem Thanks

A:Wireless internet just stopped working

I turned off UAC and now it's back to working like before.

If I don't post again everything is fine...I don't know how UAC turned itself on..that wasn't cool. Still though, it seems like I should be able to do turn wlan autoconfig on/off with UAC on...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/235729-wireless-internet-just-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am running Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack I had a Microsoft wireless comfort keyboard for about years and working keyboard Wireless stopped never had a problem I have the OEM software which is Intellitype Pro This keyboard stopped working and my efforts to troubleshoot have Wireless keyboard stopped working all failed I went to my local Frye s Superstore and found a deal on a Microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard and mouse combo The OEM software supplied is the same Intellitype Pro I uninstalled all the old hardware software and reinstalled everything fresh and rebooted I have my PC setup with password at boot up and I was able to type in my password however that s as far as my keyboard will type Some of the function buttons do work i e My Documents My Pictures etc but I just can t type In device manager under keyboards is Microsoft USB dual receiver wireless keyboard Intellitype Pro It also shows this device is working properly I launched mskey exe and found the following The only attached device is Terminal Server Keyboard driver If I uncheck the box show attached devices only my Microsoft USB Dual Receiver wireless keyboard intellitype pro remembered Is this a problem What do I do next nbsp

A:Wireless keyboard stopped working

I ask the obvious. New batteries?

Or try a different USB port

And the receiver is not obstructed

Last suggestion, uninstall the software, and boot the machine with the keyboard attached

Prior to installing the software, make sure it is the most recent version, then install it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-keyboard-stopped-working.148464/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all I working Wireless Solved: stopped am using a desktop with Vista Home Premium Since months now I am using a DLink WUA USB external wireless network stick This product supports Windows Vista and it worked Solved: Wireless stopped working great until yesterday Without doing anything actually while I was having dinner the connection stopped working I did not change any configuration setting on the computer nor at the router Windows tells me it can t connect It suggests that I am Solved: Wireless stopped working out of range of the wireless router or that my network settings don t match my wireless network Well that is not true Signal strength is at least and the network profile did not change This is what I tried so far I replaced the USB wireless stick with a spare I happen to have No success I changes the USB port at the computer No success I moved the PC closer to the router No success I changed the router to no security no WEP no WPA No success I changed the network channel No success I updated to the newest drivers from DLink No success I unbound the support for IPv from the card No success I checked what automatic Windows update was performed in the background on Feb That was an update to Windows Defender Thus I disabled Windows Defender No success I tried an Ethernet cable to the router That works fine I googled for similar problems but could not find anything that helped me There is no addl electronic device in my home like a new wireless phone that might interfere with the wireless frequency Does anybody have an idea what could be going on here Best regards Sundance nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I am using Windows Vista home premium edition My computer is an LGR My stopped working internet Wireless wireless internet has suddenly stopped working It used to be able to connect to any wireless network with no problems but for the last month it has not been able to detect any networks When ever I say quot identify the problem quot it says there is nothing wrong with my computer and it must be the router I ran a virus scan and everything was fine ran a defrag everything was fine I know the wireless quot button quot is on I used my device manager to look at my network adapters and there are quot warning signs quot saying that my mass storage controller is quot defective quot and also pretty much all of my network adapters except my bluetooth I downloaded the newest WiFi link AGN and it s still not working I can t seem to figure out what is Wireless internet stopped working wrong with it Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless internet stopped working

Have you tried connecting using a wired connection?

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

I'd like to see this as well.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-stopped-working.907838/
Relevancy 59.34%

(Be gentle with me I am a middle aged lady not all that computer-savvy!)

My desktop PC is connected by ethernet to my D-Link G604T and I give my paying lodgers free wireless acess on their laptops.

This arrangement has worked perfectly for three years.

Now, suddenly, I am connected to the Net but nobody can get connected from their laptops.

The ONLY thing that has changed recently is that I did a reformat on my PC. That's all I did, I didn't unplug anything, just the simple reformat one does by putting in the Windows disk. Can that have caused this?

I've restarted the D-Link, and tried unplugging it, to no avail. I'm not all that brilliant with computers so I am now at a dead end.

Can anyone help?

Miss Wojtczak

Relevancy 59.34%

my wireless Internet has stopped working, I have no idea what is going on. I need some help. I have typed in the "cmd" as the addmin. I go to ipconfig/release-it tells me operation can not be preformed while media is disconnected, so i type in "ipconfig"/renew-it says the same thing........

A:Wireless Internet Stopped working

Router?

Hi Bobhope,

Do you have any other devices that usual connect to your wireless network? If so, are those wireless devices working?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-stopped-working.136235/
Relevancy 59.34%

My computer is unable access my router. The power went out for a second and clearly that did something. I have an HP p7-1174 desk top, running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. The processor is an AMD A8-3800.

There are now several devices in the manager with yellow exclamation points, all relegated to the LAN. I get a Code 31, unable to load drivers message. I ran the sfc scan and there were no integrity violations. I tried updating drivers without any luck. My router is working fine because my laptop and iPad both work online.

The problem seems to be that Windows can't load the drivers for my 802.11n wireless LAN card. I tried updating drivers but it said the driver was up to date. I tried changing manually but the only two listed were the same and when I clicked one, it said Windows was unable to load.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Wireless LAN card stopped working

Welcome to Seven Forums,

If your computer was trouble free, have you tried a System Restore and restore to a point when your Wi-Fi was working?

Boot to Safe Mode with Networking by restarting your computer, tapping F8 then selecting this option, disable your AV or Security software. Locate Device Manager, uninstall all the drivers with the ! symbol, restart your computer and let your Windows auto detect and reinstall all the drivers. See if this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242104-wireless-lan-card-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Both LAN and wireless are suddenly not working on my G Acer Aspire - up until today Solved: LAN wireless stopped and working was working fine although wireless would constantly drop out Apparently an issue with the G however updates from acer for this just froze the machine every time just mentioning this in case Anyway - now the LAN connection has stopped working too Connection is there working on other devices in house and I m on another computer connected right now It s telling me there is no internet access and message reads Windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server TCP IPv and TCP IPv - have tried using manually entering DNS settings instead of obtain automatically following solutions online Have also tried disabling the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miiport Adapter solution online again although this was more for wireless not working Disabled Firewall also and running a full virus scan now Thanks in advance for any help This is the ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Miranda gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Miranda-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Solved: LAN and wireless stopped working No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address C - - - -D - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b d e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Expires August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CC-C -AA-C - A-A -DC-CE-A DNS Servers a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller Physical Address C - A-A -DC-CE-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Expires August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CC-C -AA-C - A-A -DC-CE-A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap local lan Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

i have a westell 327W router and yesterday i changed the channel that it was set to(from 6 to 1 if it matters) and today all of the laptops that connect wirelessly stopped working but my wii and my wireless printer still work fine..Ethernet cables still work fine and the laptop shows that it has a strong signal to the router its just not connecting to it.. and i did change the channel back too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-stopped-working.138648/