Windows Support Forum

a mobo that automatically overclocks? or just a faulty Temp Gauge

Q: a mobo that automatically overclocks? or just a faulty Temp Gauge

So i just Put together a brand new computer with a Core Duo E and an Asus P B-E Mobo I turned it on for the first time and went into the Bios to monitor temperature There I discovered the cpu temp was degrees C All fans are running correctly and the heatsink fan was installed correctly I turned the computer off as soon as possible to ponder this problem I came accros this article in my research http www techimo com forum t html basically it says that the Mobo was reading the temp on the cpu wrong I went back and turned on my computer for about Minute untill the temp hit c then I touched my heatsink and it felt about room temperature maybe a little cooler So my question is Could this board have a screwy temperature gauge Or is my Mobo overclocking my cpu right outta the box Thanks for any help you can contribute nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: a mobo that automatically overclocks? or just a faulty Temp Gauge

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: a mobo that automatically overclocks? or just a faulty Temp Gauge

Well, that thread did say that the mobo has temp sensor problems.

btw, I don't think its possible to get your heatsink to below room temp . It is just physically impossible. The reason why it feels that way is because metal is a much better heat conductor than air, and therefore is conducting away your body heat faster than the air around you, thus feeling colder.

Just a little info for you
Core2Duos have a max operating temp of 66C or something like that, the last time I checked. In fact, no Intel chips for PC have a max operating temp of over 70C (maybe a couple) the last time I checked, so if its registering 85C, your CPU is ready to explode or your mobo sensor is stuffed up.

I'm betting your mobo sensor is stuffed up.

If you're still worried, time to get an aftermarket CPU heatink+fan. Then you might be able to do some overclocks as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-mobo-that-automatically-overclocks-or-just-a-faulty-temp-gauge.75818/
Relevancy 74.82%

I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that puts a little temp gauge on your desktop somewhere small enough to not be annoying but readable. I have a high end laptop that gets really hot and I'd like something on screen all the time to see where its at so I know when to manually turn on the fan to cool it off more. I have everest and speed fan but what im looking for is like I said a prog that puts it conveniently on the screen somewhere so I dont have to open those progs all the time or keep them open.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154511/mini-temp-gauge/
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently acquired a toasted pc from a friend that wanted me to get it running. With the stock psu it turns on for a minute and shuts off again and automatically restarts. So I tried changing the psu with an evga 500w psu I had for a gaming build I'm trying to save up for and it still does the same thing,I've cleared CMOS twice,tried it without RAM does the same thing. It has the Pegatron M2N78-LA motherboard and was wondering if that was the issue. When it turns on it doesn't send any signal to the monitor,so that's kinda what I'm basing my guess off of.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Faulty-mobo/td-p/5690842
Relevancy 60.63%

I built my PC about a year ago and it has been working great until about months ago I started receiving a error message during startup the message was quot Bad bios checksum please insert system disc to continue with bios recovery quot Having scoured the net I found or GPU mobo? faulty very few answers The way I was getting around the problem was by switching my Pc off at the mains doing a makeshift memory dump Then after a few minutes I would turn it back on and hey GPU faulty or mobo? presto it worked fine That was until yesterday I booted it up and got into windows then GPU faulty or mobo? the monitor went into sleep mode with the message quot No Signal quot on screen I m good at problem solving and know my system inside and out so decided to put a very old graphics card into my machine to see if its a GPU issue and hey presto it worked kinda Now your probably thinking I solved my own problem well not quite When I do a reboot with the old card in the system hangs with a black screen So my question to you guys is this have I inadvertantly nuked my graphics card by the constant switching off at the mains or has the mobo s bios been the route of all my problems I am thinking of doing a complete reinstall but wanted GPU faulty or mobo? some input from anyone out their with a similar problem before I go ahead with the reinstall Any help would be greatly received as im almost out of ideas nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys I had a quick question regarding my PS keyboard not working help! Faulty Mobo?! Need on initial boot up I just finished by new build turned the computer on and get a screen on the monitor with an ABIT logo that says press tab to show POST press DEL to enter setup Now the problem is that my keyboard doesn t work Here s what I ve tried so far I took the keyboard and hooked it up Need help! Faulty Mobo?! to another computer and it Need help! Faulty Mobo?! works fine there so the keyboard isn t faulty I got a PS to USB converter and hooked the keyboard up to that to see if a USB connection would work but still doesn t I tried using a completely different keyboard as-well and it also doesn t work Is it safe to say that my motherboard is broken When I start it up it gives me the beep so I assumed it was working properly This is my first build that I ve ever put together so forgive me if it s something really simple that I just am not thinking of I just took out the CMOS battery for minutes put it back in and it still doesn t work After the first quot beep quot the lights on the keyboard will flash but then it doesn t work I also took out all hardware and put it back in checking all the connections to make sure they were secure ect Here s my hardware ABIT IP -E Motherboard Intel ghz nm GT GB Ballistics W Cosair nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

i have an emachines t the other day i was curious to see if i have ddr or ddr ram i popped the case and checked the ram but on my way i bumped my heatsink i pulled out my cpu and fixed all prongs that were bent only and then put everything back thgether and closed it up when i turn my computer on nothing happens nothing shows mobo? Faulty up on the screen the fans spin normally and it sounds like it s booting up for a sec but then my hard drive stops clicking ive tried everything new ram new Faulty mobo? video card resetting cmos running with minimal components but nothing fixes the problem i think my mobo might be broken maybe i shocked it with static i doubt i broke the cpu because it doesnt respond to anything when its not plugged in but it responds and soinds like its beginiing to boot up when the cpu is in could anyone give me some suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I upgraded my PC and used my old components to build another PC in an old case I have Everything seemed mobo now my Is faulty? to be fine up to the point where all of a sudden my LAN controller disappeared from Windows No Is my mobo now faulty? lights are flashing on Is my mobo now faulty? the port whether it's booting up or in Windows itself As a temporary measure I installed a wireless dongle which works but after about minute into booting Windows it disappears with the usual message about the USB port being able to perform faster etc The dongle eventually comes back to life In fact I also get this with any USB device I have installed the latest drivers although can no longer with the LAN controller as it can't find it anymore I tried to reinstall the OS via USB flash drive but states a system disk error instead although this drive works fine on other PCs Not only that the monitor shows only half the screen when booting into the BIOS It does show the full screen after resetting the CMOS but reverts back to shite after a reboot Is there anything else I can try before I give it the last rites I've got a feeling I must have shorted something against the case or it had a spazzy fit when it realised it was no longer my main PC Thanks very much and hope you can help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383119-my-mobo-now-faulty.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having some issues with my computer regarding sound I don't have any of it My computer was recently RMA'd due to a faulty PSU and video card I just received it back and the speakers that I used before no longer work I figured it was a driver issue and simply downloaded the - mobo ? audio Faulty No RealTek drivers but No audio - Faulty mobo ? it didn't fix the problem The AMD card comes with its own drivers I had problems in the past with their HD audio codecs and tried uninstalling them but that didn't seem to fix it either I went into device manager and located that there were drivers installed and they checked out I checked for hidden or disabled devices in quot Playback devices quot and didn't find any Things I've tried Installing audio drivers Uninstalling and reinstalling audio drivers System restore Checking proper connection of speakers Verification that speakers work By just looking at the audio mixer it would appear that the system is playing sounds because there is activity in the mixer when a song or other sounds are playing The problem is there is nothing coming from the speakers No audio - Faulty mobo ? Is it possible that my audio ports on the motherboard could be faulty I think I've run through all No audio - Faulty mobo ? the options as thoroughly as possible but if there is anything I missed or something else you could suggest I will gladly give it a shot Thanks for your time and input Related component brands Asus P -M Mobo HIS Win bit Dell soundbar speakers

A:No audio - Faulty mobo ?

What type of speaker setup are you using? How is this setup hooked up? Does the speaker system have an independent volume control if so is it turned on and all the way up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/235438-no-audio-faulty-mobo.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys I need a bit of advice I have been working with PCs for several years now and some of that in a hardware support role but this one has stumped me I have a Athlon MSI KT Ultra Mobo W PSU Gb RAM Gb Hard Disk Geforce and Soundblaster Live and the advice buy I need Mobo or Faulty before CPU usual otehr PC Gubbins I built the machine about months ago and everything was fine However two problems have started to show Faulty Mobo or CPU need advice before I buy The first is that I started to get IRQ NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL errors with the obvious BSOD that goes with it this happened during gameplay sometimes but always on shutdown or if I booted from the Win XP CD I found that if I downclocked the FSB to MHz making my CPU a then it all works ok So I figured it must be the RAM so I changed it but the same errors started when I bumped the FSB back up to MHz I have also since tried removing and or changing every component but no diffrence I did however read that MSI has problems with the AGP port and the FSB when running at MHz so I therefore think it must be the mobo To confirm this I started getting a keyboard or mouse is not connected error on boot so I had to restart it to get past the POST screen again I thought Mobo but I changed the PSU back to the one that came with the case and that error dissapeared but again couldnt run the FSB at MHz So in conclusion should I get a new Mobo or CPU or what do you guys think Cheers Magnus nbsp

A:Faulty Mobo or CPU need advice before I buy

that IRQL thing is supposed to be a IRQ conflict issue, or that you have bad drivers or hardware. I got a similar screen on my DFI Lanparty Ultra II A and it went away after disabling all onboard devices and doing a clean reinstall. after the reinstall, i enabled everything that i use again, and it detected it fine and runs great.

I'm not sure how your hard drive is configured, or if you have capability of backing up your data and the patience to do so, but if you could, i would reinstall. Maybe someone else has a more immediate fix, i'm not sure...

did you update your bios to the latest revision?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-mobo-or-cpu-need-advice-before-i-buy.10387/
Relevancy 59.77%

mobo: epox 8rda
cpu: athlon(barton core) 2.5ghz
memory: 1gb
hd: 160gb maxtor
psu: 450wt

I tried to turn on the pc and it starts up and is on for about 3-5 seconds then just goes dead. The screen doesn't display anything throughout this time. I have checked the hd on a seperate pc and that is not the problem. It keeps going through this process everytime i try and turn it on, on for a couple of seconds then just switches off. it was running smooth before this happened, no probs at all.

i thought it mite be a faulty heatsink that triggers the failsafe on the cpu and causes it to turn off b4 it burns out. however, i don't won't to buy a new one only 2 realise its something else. any suggestions...

cheers

jimbo

A:Faulty mobo, heatsink or PSU??

Heatsinks can't be faulty since they are a chunk of metal, but they can be installed backward or the latches that hold them can break off or the fans can fail.

I'd try another power supply after making sure the heatsink hasn't come loose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-mobo-heatsink-or-psu.796325/
Relevancy 59.34%

What is up with my computer now? It comes up with a screen saying
"Nvidia GeForce MX440 Bios
version 4.17.4E.69.IP
Copywright (C) 1996-2002 NVIDIA Corp
64.00MB RAM"
and gets no further but I did at lest get it turned on by shorting the speaker pins.

If you need any more info or pics to help you guys help me solve it, just ask.

Relevancy 59.34%

A friend asked me to have a look at his computer as it wouldn't start at all, no post, nothing, not even the power supply would start, so I opened it up checked that the power leads, motherboard + cpu were seated properly that the power supply lead was connected properly, It still wouldn't start.
I put in a spare power supply I had thinking his power supply had died and that wouldn't start power up either.
I'm thinking that either the motherboard is dead or the switch on the case is faulty.
Has anyone come across this situation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-mobo-or-faulty-switch.1164777/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey all, it's my firs post here So, I decided to exchange my MSI P67 motherboard because of the faulty sata port issue. They will exchange my P67A-GD65 for the same motherboard model but without this error. And the thing is - will I need a clean install of my Win7? I've heard many things about it and I'm really confused

A:Faulty P67 mobo exchange and Windows reinstall

just conect every thing up and try it... w7 might boot up ok or you might have to reinstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/158754-faulty-p67-mobo-exchange-windows-reinstall.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys this is nd or rd post on spinning are no display.Mobo Fans but faulty? this forum so if here its the wrong place please notice me So here is my story months ago i built desktop system not the greatest but which is Mobo Foxconn A vmx CPU AMD Phenom x GPU ATI Radeon R GB GDDR x GB Ram MHz A friend gave me this motherboard and i decided to make something with it The problem with it was that the pc wasnt shutting down Everytime i wanted to turn off the pc i had to unplug the power cord or to switch off from the psu's button I did this untill my hard broke about one week Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? ago Now the problem is that when i try to start my pc The cpu Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? fan and one cm fan are spinning but i get black screen Also the gpu fan is spinning for - seconds then stops I borrowed a GT GB GDDR from a friend to see if the gpu is faulty but same Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? black screen but that gpu's fan is totally spinning I took an older cpu and tried it same problem also tried with one stick of ram same problem Also when i start the pc without ram i dont get that beep noise from the speaker so i think the Mobo might be the problem here Tried my psu on another pc to see if its working properly and it is I took another psu to try it on my pc but same black screen Tried also clear the cmos same problem Now im asking you guys if the mobo is the real problem or could be something else And if you could tell me what else i could try im all ears Sorry for bad english tho

A:Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty?

Hello Poli I know you have checked out the PSU but please do this in my little ditty and post back a pic of the PSU voltage rails
Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
See this for the rail voltage info
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-specifications-atx-reference,3061.html (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.

Use PART A: and as an option you can use a digital multimeter and test the volts on the 24 pin board plug see this for the colour codes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_supply_unit_(computer) (scroll to the bottom) use the black lead to any black cable the red lead to the different rails.

Also the board is relatively old too mate so don't be surprised if it has or is going south.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370713-fans-spinning-but-no-display-mobo-faulty.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hiya,

putting this way,half a year ago when i took my cpu back to the shop for servicing - they claimed that there was something wrong with my mobo and have to sent back to factory for warrenty (repairing) and till today i m doubt something wrong with it after getting back from them....

is there any software or programe to check the mobo or graphic card's condition?

thanks

edit: i think i put in a wrong section and if it is, i m really sorry coz i m just new to here

A:how to check faulty mobo & graphic card?

You can test RAM with memtest 86+
A motherboard is difficult to diagnose at home. If something isn't working and you suspect hardware, you swap parts until you isolate the broken item.
What did they say was wrong?

Please don't apologize when posting - it's annoying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-check-faulty-mobo-graphic-card.79402/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi people of windows 8,
I am experiencing an issue with a prolific USB serial adapter on win8.1.
Google taught me the adapter works with an older driver but not with the latest one.
I can get it to work with driver version 3.2, but when I reboot, the driver is automatically reset to 3.4 and the adapter stops working. I have to manually modify this every time which obviously is a hassle.
Things I tried: in device manager, right click the device, delete the driver. This only works until the next reboot.
Manually setting the driver to v3.2-> same result.
control panel>software: there is no option to delete version 3.4, only to delete version 3.2

Could anyone tell me how to delete v3.4 definitively and to stop windows from updating to the faulty driver?

A:usb serial driver updates automatically to faulty version

You can try to rollback that driver in device manager (from 3.4 to 3.2). That should work for you and it should be permanent:

Good luck,

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41461-usb-serial-driver-updates-automatically-faulty-version.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Well around winter of my Card? Input Video Signal, No Fried Faulty Mobo? computer broke down I have recently gotten sick and tired of using a windows COMPAQ has too little ram for anything remotely modern So I am back to it my Father looked at it and he thinks the motherboard is fried No one in my family has any PHYSICAL computer problem experience though I have virtual experience It started to make a loud hoarse noise at startup The monitor sayed quot No Input Signal quot and said quot Monitor going to sleep quot We cleaned out the inside as it was ridiculously dusty and now the hoarse noises have stopped But the monitor is still messed up What I can provide -Another computer to test things -Pictures of the inside of my computer -Specifications To an extent another thing I want you to know I am not prepared to buy most things I have another computer with parts I can swap if it comes down to it No Input Signal, Faulty Video Card? Fried Mobo? but if we cant fix it we are going to buy a brand new computer If anyone can help it would be much appreciated I have little physical computer experience as in none So I dont know where anything or what anything is nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 54.61%

Within the past week we've had a computer lab create a bunch of temp files under c:\users and users are getting a message saying "You are logged in with a temporary profile".  I've logged in with an admin account and deleted the user profiles under
c:\Users and also deleted the .bak files in the registry under the ProfileList section but the machines still keep getting these temp folders up to a 1,000 or more.  One other issue that is happening is that on some not all of the workstations is students
get logged out automatically has they log in.  Is there a registry fix for these?

Brother's and Sisters all Rise!

A:Temp profiles creating automatically.

If its happening with specific users? what happens if you go itno registry and delete their registry value under profile list. log off and then back on so it rebuilds there profile?
does this fix the issue for a given user?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/27e8705a-e93a-4e4b-aa4e-21b3df11eca3/temp-profiles-creating-automatically?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.61%

Anybody out there had problems with MSI 7061 mobo reporting incorrect cpu temps? System shows latest bios ver. 3.2 which supposedly fixed this problem but bios reading shows cpu temp of 85 to 90C right after cold start. I have downloaded another bios update but the system only runs for a couple minutes before shutting down so I'm afraid I'll be in the middle of the update when it shuts down again and then... well, there goes the mobo.

Relevancy 54.61%

I have 2 temp monitoring programs on my pc and they both say my mobo is at 84c. I only have 2 fans but I opened my case and put a large house fan right in front of it and turned it on.......no change. It will also read at that temp when it is off all night and I check right after I turn it on..........any suggestions?

A:Worried about mobo temp

To verify what the software is stating, check the temps in the actual system BIOS before the computer loads the OS, during POST. The mobo temp is typically read from the northbridge on the motherboard which controls RAM, video, and CPU. Some chipsets run hotter than others but 80+ temps isn't normal for anything I'd say; you def want to check it out.

There is usually a heat sink placed on the northbridge in which you may be able to reseat if you pull the motherboard out. Perhaps applying new thermal compound and reseating the sink will provide better temps. If you are overclocking the motherboard, you may need to reset the settings to default so that the NB voltage is within factory spec.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/worried-about-mobo-temp.145016/
Relevancy 54.61%

After failing to boot several times, I discovered that my CPU temp in the BIOS was 108*C, after which the computer shut down. It was caused by one of the heatsink pins coming loose. After I secured the heatsink, the computer booted up and all was well, with an idle CPU temp around 41*C, however, there is a noticeable drop in performance when running games.

Without getting into any technical aspects, I just wanted to know if having the CPU heat up to this temperature (I started it up several times before realizing the problem) would cause damage to the CPU AND/OR the motherboard. I can understand if the CPU has been damaged, but could it also have damaged the mobo?

A:CPU and/or mobo damage after 108*C CPU temp

It can, but doesn't usually... if the temperature rise is brief... No way to know without trying it...

Often the actual temperatures are not close to what your system reports... It can handle 64 to 70 degrees without trouble, and above that it is luck of the draw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-and-or-mobo-damage-after-108-c-cpu-temp.147215/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Everyone First some background about my computer I use Windows I regularily run Ad-Aware Spybot A-squared and Spy-Subtract I also moved folder are being my Files into Temp automatically have the free version of Zone Alarm Firewall I have recently had Wareout downloaded without my consent on my system At first it caused many problems but after a ran a scan with Spybot most problems went away Although Wareout itself is still on my harddrive Now this new thing I have noticed seems unusuall and I m not sure if it s related to Wareout I have noticed that anytime I upload a new digital photo of mine into one of my photo folders that shortly after those same photos will Files are being moved into my Temp folder automatically end up in my Temp Folder C windows temp with a new file name the name becomes a string of letters and digits I do not personally rename them and move them it is being done automatically After they are moved I delete them because I dont think they should be in my Temp folder and once I delete them they will not return so this file transfer and renaming only ever happens once per photo If anyone has any comments about this and what I should do if anything I would appreciate it Thank you

A:Files are being moved into my Temp folder automatically

The fact that these photos show up in your temp folder is normal behaviour. It is part of the process of uploading the photos.DoxDesk has manual removal instructions for wareout. This involves editing the registry. If your not comfortable with doing that see How to submit a Hijackthis Log. The HJT team can advise you on the steps neccessary to remove it.To protect yourself against unwanted program installations:For some reason Install on demand is enabled by default in IE causing problems such as yours. To protect yourself against this situation do this:In Internet Explorer go to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced and take the check mark from Enable Install On Demand (Internet Explorer) and Enable Install On Demand (Other). The consequence of this will be that you will begin to see Security Warnings when something tries to install on your computer. Unless it is something you want to install (which happens rarely) always say no.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18387/files-are-being-moved-into-my-temp-folder-automatically/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey all, I have PC Wizard installed on my computer and it lets me know just about everything I've ever wanted to know, but it doesn't let me know my CPU temp while in game. Is the only way to do this to minimize the window and look at it or is there anyhting else I can do? Games in question are HL2 and CS:S. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the asus cooling specs are on a Asus A7v333 mobo. I have this board and a amd 2100 processor running, but i don't know if its running a bit hot??

I have Case at 31, CPU Diode at 57 and Socket at 49....all temps are Celsius..Is running hot or OK?? It also is very loud......Any help n getting it to run quieter as well would be great..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-temp-question.371314/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi so for some reason my PC goes into overclock mode without me even telling it to do so sometimes when i shut down my PC i cant start back up my pc when i finaly get a screen i just kept overclocks random restarting it it says that the previous attempt at overclocking had failed i didnt tell it to overclock then it asks me if i wanted to keep my current BIOS setting and i usualy say yes After that it gos to this screen that is blue in the backround and i have a whole bunch of options to do a bunch of crap other times my PC just simply freezes and i have to restart it and i have to all that and other times im plugging in speakers or my ipod or something else and the screen turns a lite shade of blue and i have no choice to restart it i then go through all the crap i explained to you i dont know why this random overclocks is happeneing please help my computer keeps overclocking please help thanx windows vista bit gigs of ram nvidea geforce Gt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-overclocks-334807.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I was just wonderng if there is any Temperature monitoring program, that can measure a Intel Pentium D 935 3.2Ghz CPU temp. on a Asus P5K mobo?

A:Solved: Temp. Monitoring Program For P5K Mobo

If you have the CD that came with the board, install ASUS Probe. If you don't have the disc, you can download it from ASUS' website. The site seems to be having trouble right now, though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-temp-monitoring-program-for-p5k-mobo.651766/
Relevancy 53.32%

anyone know if the Chaintech 5AGM2 mobe supports temp monitoring software and, if it does, where i can get the software??

A:Temp monitors for Chaintech 5AGM2 mobo

Try motherboard monitor on it.

http://www.listsoft.com/?id=7943

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temp-monitors-for-chaintech-5agm2-mobo.130373/
Relevancy 53.32%

hi!

i just set up SpeedFan, and when i am gaming, my Motherboard temp goes upto 56C and my core temperature go upto 52C.
Gpu temp is ok @ 64-70C, CPU temp is [email protected] 39C and all the fans are working...

WTF????

mobo: Asus M4A78-E
CPU: Phenom IIx4 920 @ 2.8Ghz
GPU: Sapphire 4870HD 1Gb Vapor-X

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I was just wondering what kind of overclocks the GTX 660OC edition can achieve? I have been trying to find such results on Google, However, Because, the Name of the Card itself includes "OC" google makes the assumption that I'm trying to find user overclocked results for the GTX660

The Card is a 660TI OC DirectCUII Asus.

Thanks in advance : )

A:Solved: 660OC Overclocks?

the oc in the name implies it has already been o/clocked before being shipped

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-660oc-overclocks.1098747/
Relevancy 52.89%

Sys specs Intel P Ghz Northwood Socket Asus P P -E Deluxe Antec watt TRUE power supply West digital raptor gb drives in RAID pny geforce ultra OR (mobo?) automatically PC resets nvidia mb riva video card Corsair PC resets automatically (mobo?) XMS series CMX - C DDR x Mb gig total What happened I was sitting playing a game one day and my computer just turned off I pressed the button to power it back on and started up without a display and shortly after powered down again The latest addition weeks earlier was replacement of my generic ddr ram that ran at mhz to the corsair memory which runs at mhz due to processor limitations at the moment I gave it a rest and came back and PC resets automatically (mobo?) turned on the pc again this time i got a PC resets automatically (mobo?) display and the harddrive activity light remained lite and didn t blink The system soon shut off after seconds or so So I started the steps and troubleshooting below Steps that lead to problem I turn PC on and it boots up into POST then after a random amount of time the system powers off I ve seen it go into the windows emblem during bootup at most at least ive turned it on and after bout second it turns off I ve unplugged everything but processor motherboard video card both ultra and riva card and power supply and still does this as well I have also tried a different motherboard Gigabyte GA- SG as well with same minimum configuration AND tried a different P northwood processor the Ghz model I have also swapped the power supply with a Enermax watt noisetaker and still have the same issue I ve also tried different configurations such as stick ram and dual channel ram as well Conclusion I think it may be the cables that connect to the motherboard from the case and prehaps one has problem in it Any thoughts ideas or past possible solutions are welcome please nbsp

A:PC resets automatically (mobo?)

Put the parts together outside the case and see if it runs normally. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the back plate touching one of the motherboard ports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-resets-automatically-mobo.23000/
Relevancy 52.89%

when power supply is plugged in =/

A:mobo turns on automatically

Crick said:

when power supply is plugged in =/Click to expand...

What? What do you mean?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-turns-on-automatically.62281/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,
just like to know if anyone out there knows or has a really good overclock for a Core 2 Duo E6850 cpu? I want to have a good and stable overclock so if any one would like to share their settings and method of getting those clocks that would be great =)

A:Any good overclocks for Core 2 Duo E6850?

There is a "Overclocker's .com that you could try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-good-overclocks-for-core-2-duo-e6850.100451/
Relevancy 52.46%

I just got my new PC running with the Gigabyte Z x Gaming motherboard and Intel Skylake k My memory is Corsair Vengeance LPX and it's base speed is With XMP enabled it runs at So once I got everything installed and running I went back into my UEFI BIOS and enabled XMP to profile the only option and the memory now runs at XMP on overclocks Gaming enabled CPU Gigabyte 7 as expected However now the CPU is automatically bumped up to GHz instead of the stock GHz If I disable XMP the overclock remains at even though XMP is disabled and the XMP enabled on Gigabyte Gaming 7 overclocks CPU memory is back to I wanted to run XMP but I didn't think it would force a CPU overclock also I found this on another site about this issue quot The most troublesome quot feature quot of the firmware is that if you enable an XMP profile or change the memory multiplier the CPU is automagically overclocked by applying the highest turbo multiplier normally only used if one core is busy to all turbo states no matter how many cores are active For a Core i - K this tweak means that if more than one core is active you'll be running at GHz rather than GHz A lot of modern boards play games like these with multipliers but what makes the Gaming 's behavior particularly nefarious is that the firmware shows the default non-overclocked Turbo multipliers while XMP enabled on Gigabyte Gaming 7 overclocks CPU actually using the overclocked ones To make matters XMP enabled on Gigabyte Gaming 7 overclocks CPU worse there's no single config option say quot Enhanced Turbo quot that disables this behavior Instead you have to set the four turbo multipliers to their proper values of and manually Nasty quot http www bjorn d com gigab x-gaming- So I have no experience with overclocking Is this bad I just wanted the memory to run a bit faster at since that's what the box listed it as being capable of Should I be worrying that the CPU is overclocked like this automatically Is this normal What else has changed in the BIOS after enabling XMP I want all the cores enabled and I want turbo enabled also What do I set to bump it back to stock GHz if I want to Even in Gigabyte's EasyTune software it now lists the default as GHz

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/54268-xmp-enabled-gigabyte-gaming-7-overclocks-cpu.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Right I have this problem with my graphics cards that I ve been trying to fix for a while game settings working not properly, Radeon R9 applying Overclocks not CCC 280X CFX I am using two R X cards in Crossfire They re overclocked from to MHz by the manufacturer The symptons are mainly these When I use MSI Afterburner to overclock the cards the Radeon R9 280X CFX Overclocks not applying properly, CCC game settings not working overclock applies at first but after a few minutes it defaults to MHz Changing the clock again has no effect it just stays at MHz whether I try to overclock or underclock The same is true for the memory clock Here s a picture showing how it looks According to GPU-Z the clocks apply correctly to the nd card The power limit slider seems to be working Increasing or decreasing it leads to marginal changes in benchmarks All the games I ve tried completely ignore the D application settings in Catalyst Control Center Changing things like AA and AF have no impact on image quality or frame rate even when I tell it to override application settings These problems have persisted even though I ve tried different graphics cards I used to have a single HD and had the exact same problems I also tried reinstalling a fresh version of Windows in case it was some sort of software problem but the problems persisted This has led me to believe there might actually be a problem with my motherboard as that s the only plausible source of the problem that I haven t tested I have no idea how the motherboard could be the problem but I updated the BIOS just in case It didn t help I m pretty much out of ideas but maybe someone here has an answer My specs are X Radeon R X Intel Core i k Asus P Z -V GB Corsair Vengeance MHz DDR Crucial M GB SSD Windows If there s anything relevant I ve neglected to mention please ask nbsp

A:Radeon R9 280X CFX Overclocks not applying properly, CCC game settings not working

bump If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/radeon-r9-280x-cfx-overclocks-not-applying-properly-ccc-game-settings-not-working.1146523/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all,
I just installed Windows 8.1 on a brand new Samsung 850 Pro (after some trouble) and I'm trying to assess the performance to make sure everything came out all right before I go to all the trouble of reinstalling my applications. Here are my results from AS-SSD benchmark -- they seem lower than the advertised numbers, but maybe that's nothing. Let me know if these are fine and how I can improve (just wanting to make sure things are set up correctly, not wanting to squeeze every number out of this thing).

(I've already double-checked to make sure the drive is aligned, though the default 8.1 installation should have accounted for this if I understand correctly)
Regards,

A:Trying to gauge SSD performance

Samsung Magician is asking me to enable AHCI mode in order to boost performance, but I'm not sure how to do this.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/61885-trying-gauge-ssd-performance.html
Relevancy 46.44%

A crude low resolution gauge has appeared on my desktops lower right corner. I have no idea how it got there. I tried to screen shot it with the snip tool but the resulting image shows only whats behind it. Like a vampire, it casts no reflection. I will take a picture with my phone and add it to the thread below. I tried the task manager and shut down all processes that I wasn't sure of. None of them made the gauge go away. When the computer restarts, this gauge is the first thing to load. It loads a moment before even the login screen. It's also the last thing to disappear on shutdown. This thing won't go away with any game, app, full screen vids, nothing.

A:Mysterious 'always on top' gauge won't go away from my desktop.

Phone pic

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399410-mysterious-always-top-gauge-wont-go-away-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Spoiler Highlight to read nbsp Gauge, Battery ve... to 1.0.17.0 from the V. Updating IMPORTANT nbsp IMPORTANT A few days ago around December th I tried to update the battery gauge on my notebook with Windows from the battery gauge Updating the Battery Gauge, from V. 1.0.17.0 to ve... version to the battery gauge version but I could not manage to update the battery gauge and the previous version v which I had installed on my notebook was uninstalled and now I cannot install neither version of the battery gauge on my notebook nbsp I really appreciate if nbsp someone from Lenovo nbsp could help me solve this problem and tell me what do I have to do to install on my notebook the Lenovo battery gauge whether it is version or version hopefully the last one but I wouldn t mind installing version until the new version gets fixed nbsp Can someone from Lenovo tell me what do I have to do to install on my notebook either version of the Lenovo Battery Gauge nbsp Thanks a lot for your help nbsp Yours truly Cristi n Palau

A:Updating the Battery Gauge, from V. 1.0.17.0 to ve...

I have the same problem and I have tried to install the 1.0.21.0 from a manual download from the Lenovo Support site as well as via the System Update utility.  Both fail and leave me without a battery gauge.  The System Update utility shows that I need the update each time I run System Update Utility.  Solution anyone?ca-palau wrote:Spoiler (Highlight to read) IMPORTANT!!!!!! IMPORTANT!!!!!!A few days ago (around December 11th, 2015) I tried to update the battery gauge on my notebook with Windows 10, from the battery gauge version 1.0.17.0 to the battery gauge version 1.0.21.0, but I could not manage to update the battery gauge, and the previous version (v. 1.0.17.0, which I had installed on my notebook) was uninstalled and now I cannot install neither version of the battery gauge on my notebook. I really appreciate if someone from Lenovo could help me solve this problem and tell me what do I have to do to install on my notebook the Lenovo battery gauge, whether it is version 1.0.17.0 or version 1.0.21.0 (hopefully the last one, but I wouldn`t mind installing version 1.0.17.0 until the new version gets fixed). 1. Can someone from Lenovo tell me what do I have to do to install on my notebook either version of the Lenovo Battery Gauge?!!!! Thanks a lot for your help!!!! Yours truly,Cristián Palau  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Updating-the-Battery-Gauge-from-V-1-0-17-0-to-version-1-0-21-0/td-p/2227834
Relevancy 46.44%

Aloha,
I have a HP 7110 all-in-one printer and know how to override the ink level gauge but how do you restore it back to normal?? TIA

Mahalo,
doogdoog

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overriding-hp-ink-level-gauge.490706/
Relevancy 46.44%

At some point in the last few days or weeks, the green battery indicator simply vanished from my X1 Yoga (Win10) without a trace, and it seems I'm not the only one with that problem. I tried downloading it from the support page, but the software was removed from the list, and a link from google only leads to a "page-not-found" message. So, what's going on? Will there be a new version of the battery indicator? Why was the old one uninstalled and not just simply updated via system update?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-Battery-Gauge-gone/td-p/3390729
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi nbsp I'm using the Lenovo Y - model and I had updated to Windows when it released I once used the Express charging mode and now there are issues with my laptop nbsp My battery gauge is stuck at it doesn't reduce at all I get no warnings for low battery levels and it randomly switches off when the battery reaches I reset all my power options to their defaults and then also followed the steps in this thread https forums lenovo com t Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series Battery-showing-full-charge-at-all-times m-p nbsp hi nbsp Just proceed with nbsp nbsp open gauge 100% at Y40-70 stuck Battery - Device Manager expand the entry for Batteries right click on and the nbsp Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery nbsp and select nbsp Uninstall nbsp - nbsp do not uninstall anything else here nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Restart the computer The driver will install automatically Check the battery indicator if it will be properly sync nbsp Regards Solid Cruver nbsp However that has still not solved my problem nbsp I tried this method as well - https forums lenovo com t ThinkVantage-Technologies How-to-perform-a-battery-gauge-reset ta-p nbsp Y40-70 - Battery gauge stuck at 100% but I can't seem to find any of these nbsp Power Manager gt Battery tab gt Battery Maintenance nbsp I uninstalled one key optimizer restarted and re installed it but that was of no help either nbsp I read in other threads to uninstall lenovo energy management but I can't seem to find that installed anywhere for me to uninstall nbsp I used one key optimizer to calibrate my battery didnt work either nbsp Whenever my laptop switches off and I connect the charger and switch it on I can see the power gauge increase and reach But when I disconnect the adapter it remains stuck at The battery life is still normal works about - hours depending on usage My laptop is barely - months old nbsp I had changed my settings for my graphic card to maximize performance when on battery for a few applications and games I'm not sure nbsp if nbsp that could also be something to consider nbsp Please help me out Thanks nbsp Kunal nbsp nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity Solved Go to Solution

A:Y40-70 - Battery gauge stuck at 100%

I have the same problem...  I also have Y40-70. What's going on Lenovo? Too many problems in just 1 year :@

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y40-70-Battery-gauge-stuck-at-100/td-p/2191278
Relevancy 46.44%

Noticed twice that my battery gauge toolbar was not showing.  I went to toolbars and the Lenovo Battery Gauge was selected.  NOt sure why the battery gauge was not on the bottom bar then.  So i desected and re-selected it and now it is showing again. What is going on here?  My pc is a Lenovo Yoga 700.. about a month or so old. Ok, now like 10 minutes later it disappeared again and i right-clicked that area and the battery gauge appeared again.  this is the bigger green gauge btw.  Wonder if the auto hide on the bottom toolbar is causing this? Well, add this to the list of unsolved weirdness. This happened again after that.  May have to do with the bar being auto-hidden.  After a while being hidden, when it comes back that battery gauge is gone. Strange.

A:Battery gauge in toolbar

Try installing this to see if it helps: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-700-14isk/downloads/D...

I'm a Lenovo advocate, part of the Lenovo INsiders program. I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Battery-gauge-in-toolbar/td-p/2272142
Relevancy 46.44%

Does anyone know if Lenovo has removed the toolbar battery guage in an update? If not, is there a way to get it back?  The setting doesn't exist in Lenovo Settings and the toolbar is missing from the list of availble toolbars.  I have the latest software installed, even reinstalled the lenovo dependency service. Thanks!Ed

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-Battery-Gauge-P50/td-p/3401085
Relevancy 46.01%

hi guys i want to know how do i perform reset of battery gauge in a situation where there is lot of power break down in my country like i cant have a 6 hours electricity in a day every 2 hours or 5 hours electricity goes out so please guide me to a  solution?

T61 , T420 , W520

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/how-to-reset-battery-gauge-W520/td-p/3337379
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone !I am trying to get back the BatteryGauge in the Windows taskbar but everything I tried failed :- in the LenovoSettings app : the switch is ON- when I right click on the windows taskbar, I can see the BatteryGauge toolbar but when I click on it, nothing is happening- I search in the windows registery and it seems that the files for this taskbar are located in c:\program files\lenovo\batterygauge... I don't have this folder on my HDD- I tried to download the installation file from Lenovo website (the file bg10ww23.exe) but when I install it, nothing is happening neither... For your information everything is "up to date" on my computer : latestest version of Thinkpad Dependencies / LenovoSettings app / Windows 10 64bits / etc. Can someone send me a ZIP file with the files located in c:\program files\lenovo\batterygauge\ ? ThanksFred

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-YOGA-Battery-gauge-disappeared-gone/td-p/3465147
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an x220 running windows 10 and I recently left it idle and unplugged for ~2 months.  When I started it back up again the battery gauge was way off.  The gauge drops down to about 7% within 5 minutes or so but it will continue running for >2 hours while playing videos and surfing the internet.  They battery report claims a design capacity of 62,160 mWh and a full charge capacity of 3,110 mWh. I have tried to reset the battery gauge by full charging and the fully discharging the battery about 5 times to no avail.  Any thoughts?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/X220-inaccurate-battery-gauge/td-p/3357141
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi maybe it was already posted but little had no results so i'm opening another message - there is no fix nbsp I have Y P with Windows alomost a year still have waranty For now I'm using nbsp Battery Gauge Reset several times The last time appear a problem I started nbsp Battery Gauge Reset and Battery Gauge not Reset Y510P charging after when the PC goes it power off and I can't power on it nbsp After some Y510P not charging after Battery Gauge Reset struggle i found a way to nbsp charge nbsp it I have to follow these steps exactly Turn the machine off Remove the battery Remove power cable from the laptop Remove the powercable from the socket Insert the cable in socket Insert the cable in laptop Start the laptop Insert the battery while the laptop is starting nbsp Then I start to search a solution I tryed everyting that I found nbsp I already measured my voltage on the power adapter and that seems to work properly reset BIOS to default setting power off the PC and hold down power button for - seconds reinstall Lenovo Energy Management charge battery and disharge from this acticle nbsp http mobilesupport lenovo com us en products laptops-and-netbooks ideapad-y-series-laptops ideapad nbsp remove battery and uninstall windows battery driver then insert battery back Nothing helped nbsp Is there a fix for this problem or I have to go to service

A:Y510P not charging after Battery Gauge Reset

Hi guys. I try with my car power supply for PC and it works. When I put car power supply to Y510P it alarm me for high current drain for a 1 second and then alarm power off and PC and car power supply works fine. When I put AC power supply it doesnt work but after it have no DC voltage on the out. I have to unplug it from wall soccet and plug it again to works. I think that AC power supply have any high current safety system and power off the voltage.  Maybe problem is in battery.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y510P-not-charging-after-Battery-Gauge-Reset/td-p/1626692
Relevancy 45.15%

Please can you help regarding the Battery Gauge which have disappeared after the latest Lenovo Settings & ThinkPad Settings Dependency updates. Regards.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/ThinkPad-W510-Battery-Gauge-is-gone-after-latest-Lenovo-Settings/td-p/3430829
Relevancy 45.15%

My Lenovo battery gauge / indicator disappears. I'm on Windows 10. If I right-click the taskbar and remove then re-add it, it comes back. And by disappear I mean it goes invisible but the space it takes up is still on the taskbar. Has anyone else run into this and found a fix? I'm using version 1.0.23.0 of the Lenovo Battery Gauge. I've reinstalled it. I've tried prior version. Nothing seems to fix it.

A:Win 10 - Yoga 3 Pro Lenovo Battery Gauge disappear...

I have the same issue on my ThinkPad S540 with Windows 10. In my case the icon will reappear when right-clicking on the spot where the gauge is supposed to be.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Win-10-Yoga-3-Pro-Lenovo-Battery-Gauge-disappears/td-p/2252771
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all, Lenovo Companion asked me to update Lenovo battery gauge( V 1.0.45.0) and somehow the updating failed. Result is I've no more Battery gauge and if I try to install software from this link: http://support.lenovo.com/ie/it/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x20... installing stuck and doesn't work. It does the same even with older version of this software.Can you help me please?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-300-BATTERY-GAUGE-disappear-after-update/td-p/3353451
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a problem with my battery gauge which doesn't seem to show the right battery level and at this point my laptop just dies with no warning when the gauge is at around 40 %. The battery gauge reset doesn't help at all. I've even tried with a new replacement battery, but the results are the same.I hope there is a way to fix this.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G580-battery-gauge-reset-problem/td-p/3396881
Relevancy 45.15%

The Lenovo Battery Guage on my T420s, running Windows 10, just disappeared on me this morning.  It looks likes Windows did an update overnight.  I checked and the guage is still enabled.  Any suggestions?  ? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420s-Lenovo-Battery-Gauge-Just-Disappeared/td-p/3422584
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone I have the on issue Z30-A-181 Win10 Portege battery gauge mentioned notebook model and I'm having an issue with the battery gauge on Windows Once the laptop is charged to and the Portege Z30-A-181 battery gauge issue on Win10 charger cord is removed the gauge never goes down It remains at until the battery is completely drained and the machine powers off entirely it does not hibernate sleep as it should at around because it does not acknowledge that the battery is low it still thinks that it's fully charged I don't get any sort of battery level warning it goes from on to off just like a desktop PC would do Portege Z30-A-181 battery gauge issue on Win10 if you pulled the plug Rebooting does nothing the battery still displays The only thing that appears to help is disabling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under Device Manager - gt Batteries uninstalling its driver and rebooting Then the gauge displays whatever percentage of charge is left in the battery correctly Unfortunately that does not fix anything because once I charge the battery back up to the problem manifests anew the gauge won't drop I again need to disable the battery control uninstall its driver and reboot Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this will be greatly appreciated

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85549-Portege-Z30-A-181-battery-gauge-issue-on-Win10
Relevancy 44.72%

Anyone experience the same problem W550S for window 10 unable to Perform Reset under "Battery Reset Gauge" on menu "lenovo setting". Further, unable to install power managment 1.67.12.16 nor 1.67.12.14.

A:W550S window 10 "battery reset gauge" failure

I have a similar problem with my X1 (20A7).  Did all the latest updates yesterday (Sep.13, 2016) and now power manager doesn't open if you double click the batttery - nothing happens.  And to get the battery to show up, I had to unload TP settings dependency, re-run the PM driver, then reload TP settings dependency.  Still can't open power manager.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/W550S-window-10-quot-battery-reset-gauge-quot-failure/td-p/3430054
Relevancy 44.72%

Anyone experience the same problem W550S for window 10 unable to Perform Reset under "Battery Reset Gauge" on menu "lenovo setting". Further, unable to install power managment 1.67.12.16 nor 1.67.12.14. after upgrade from 8.1 to 10In addition, whenever you open any lenovo setting, system update or companion, it always left several window update tools .dmp  files on C drive

In addition, whenever you open any lenovo setting, system update or companion, it always left several window update tools .dmp  files on C drive

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W550S-window-10-quot-battery-reset-gauge-quot-failure/td-p/3430247
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello Reset Lenovo Problems Y410p Gauge Battery everyone My name is Kevin and I've had my Lenovo Y P for a little less than years nbsp So recently I downloaded Battery Bar as I was realizing that my battery duration was slowly receding Battery Bar a program that shows battery level and wear stated that my cell battery Lenovo Y410p Battery Gauge Reset Problems had experienced wear I browsed the internet for specific tips on how to increase my battery duration and came upon battery recalibration I tried it a couple times manually but I didn't get any results nbsp So I then turned to the battery gauge full-charge discharge function in my Energy Management After running that through the night I realized the next morning that the battery was depleted and I couldn't turn on my laptop or even charge my battery unless I followed the steps - Remove the battery from the laptop - Plug in the AC adapter and use the laptop without a battery - The battery can be reattached The battery is able to start charging nbsp - If I remove the AC adapter for a second and reattach it it will not be recognized and it will not charge the battery nbsp As of now Battery Bar shows that I have wear of mWh which is significantly less than the full capacity of a cell battery however it's still better than what I had before Anyways does anyone else have this problem And if you have how did you resolve this issue Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y410p-Battery-Gauge-Reset-Problems/td-p/3378921
Relevancy 44.72%

As shown in the title, my lenovo battery gauge wont show even though i have enabled it on lenovo settings please help thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-WIndows-10-Battery-gauge-wont-show/td-p/3462608
Relevancy 44.72%

Anyone experience the same problem W550S for window 10 unable to Perform Reset under "Battery Reset Gauge" on menu "lenovo setting". Further, unable to install power managment 1.67.12.16 nor 1.67.12.14.

I have a similar problem with my X1 (20A7).  Did all the latest updates yesterday (Sep.13, 2016) and now power manager doesn't open if you double click the batttery - nothing happens.  And to get the battery to show up, I had to unload TP settings dependency, re-run the PM driver, then reload TP settings dependency.  Still can't open power manager.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W550S-window-10-quot-battery-reset-gauge-quot-failure/td-p/3430054
Relevancy 44.72%

1. After install Windows 10 from 0, with all programs and drivers, the battery gauge disappeared from taskbar. Thinkpad Yoga 260 with Companion 3.38.0.0 & Lenovo Settings 3.66.3.0 (comparing SSD old & new, now, after install all, I don`t have BatteryGauge folder in c:\Program Files\Lenovo\)2. Driver Intel Wireless AC8260 ver.18.40.0.9 & driver Intel Wireless Bluetooth 18.1.1539.2349:a - with bluetooth mouse Logitech M557: internet speed in wifi ok.b - with bluetooth mouse Logitech M557 & bluetooth speaker Anker A3143: internet speed in wifi dead (extremely slow speed)

A:Thinkpad Yoga 260 wifi problem & the battery gauge...

Hi virgilserviceit.

There is always good to check the support page of you Thinkpad model. With your full model number you can find exactly the support page.

This is the support page for the general Yoga 260 product.
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

You can download the Lenovo battery Gauge from here:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds105165

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Yoga-260-wifi-problem-amp-the-battery-gauge-disappeared/td-p/3297722
Relevancy 44.29%

I dont get this. Sometimes I notice one time say (3hours, 20mins), and it will say 100% left. Then 10 seconds later I check it again and it will say 2hours left with 100%. WTF is this BS from toshiba? Is there any other software I can use? Cause obviously toshiba is playing false games with me. I cant even read my battery gauge properly cause the thing keeps jumping.

A:Centrino laptop - battery gauge in taskbar jumping all over the place

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/centrino-laptop-battery-gauge-in-taskbar-jumping-all-over-the-place.277943/
Relevancy 41.71%

What does this mean:  C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Local\Temp\ScrC777.temp\_FRBatch.pac was not found, and how can I resolve it?
I usually see it on start up  after "sleep".
Thanks

A: C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Local\Temp\ScrC777.temp\_FRBatch.pac was not found

Hi TedRayWesty,
When your computer ?wake up? from ?sleep? mode, the RAM will be able to respond to a wake-up event and calling files for program. There might be a calling failure. I searched about your temp folder name and the temp file name and seems like it is not a system
file and it is called by some third party software.
Try following steps to resolve your issue
Please perform a clean boot and see if the issue still persist.
Check the other contents in ScrC777.temp folder see if you could identify the software.(seems like some Security Software or Anti-Spyware)
Uninstall it and delete the temp folder see what happens.
About clean boot in Windows 7
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0
Regards

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/267bec6d-7d8c-44c4-a88f-ed5a07801b7f/cuserstedappdatalocaltempscrc777tempfrbatchpac-was-not-found?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 41.71%

CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

Used to show ok, I am certain...In the BIOS when I boot the PC it shows ok approx 60-65oC

But not in the aforementioned apps....cant think why

Thanks

A:CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

Those programs are not reliable for AMD platform, This AMD OverDrive? Technology should give you much better look at what's going on. For temperatures look at "Temperature margin" Higher, the better at 10c or so it will start throttling like crazy. It also provides many more details than any other monitoring program.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36372-cpu-not-showing-temp-open-hardware-monitor-core-temp.html
Relevancy 41.71%

CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

Used to show ok, I am certain...In the BIOS when I boot the PC it shows ok approx 60-65oC

But not in the aforementioned apps....cant think why

Thanks

A:CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

Those programs are not reliable for AMD platform, This AMD OverDrive? Technology should give you much better look at what's going on. For temperatures look at "Temperature margin" Higher, the better at 10c or so it will start throttling like crazy. It also provides many more details than any other monitoring program.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36372-cpu-not-showing-temp-open-hardware-monitor-core-temp.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Here is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Java j re bin jucheck exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mm tray exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKAgent exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKCU Software ~DFCA9F.tmp and folder and I %temp% delete i cant in have files JETBBAE.temp these my Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http mysearch myway com jsp dellsidebar jsp p DE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me I have these files in my %temp% folder JETBBAE.temp and ~DFCA9F.tmp and i cant delete com mywaybiz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywaybiz R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe deSrcAs dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B I have these files in my %temp% folder JETBBAE.temp and ~DFCA9F.tmp and i cant delete D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - I have these files in my %temp% folder JETBBAE.temp and ~DFCA9F.tmp and i cant delete BHO McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dll O - BHO no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe deSrcAs dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run QBReminderFlash quot C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks Atom QBReminder exe quot O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateSe... Read more

A:I have these files in my %temp% folder JETBBAE.temp and ~DFCA9F.tmp and i cant delete

* Click here to download ATF Cleaner by Atribune and save it to your desktop.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.

Under Main choose: Select All

Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox:
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All

NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera:
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All

[*]NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-these-files-in-my-temp-folder-jetbbae-temp-and-dfca9f-tmp-and-i-cant-delete.622328/
Relevancy 41.28%

I know there are posts against Temp in and but no location 'Temp' of Variables 'TMP' Changed files? and posts for this tweak for relocating the TMP and Temp files in Variables but more posts say to relocate it OFF an SSD Changed location of 'TMP' and 'Temp' in Variables but no Temp files? drive My Computer is fairly new running OS Windows Premium Bit on a gig SSD with tet disk drive for data I created a folder on my D Disk Changed location of 'TMP' and 'Temp' in Variables but no Temp files? drive called D Windows Temp Files - then went to Advanced system Variables and edited the locations of both my TMP and Temp Rebooted right away and now it's been over a month but nothing is vissable in the new folder Changed location of 'TMP' and 'Temp' in Variables but no Temp files? all Hidden and System files are enabled in view My computer updates etc etc are running fine I checked the new Variable settings I edited and they are both still there D Windows Temp Files If I remember correctly I think the default use to be user profile appdata local temp lt but I'm not possitive Can someone answer a quick question Thanks Bobkoz Shouldn't I be seeing them in the new folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/381724-changed-location-tmp-temp-variables-but-no-temp-files.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My CPU temp is sitting at 27 deg. Celsius.

My Core temp is sitting at 57 deg. Celsius.

These are my idle temps.

The room is fairly cold.

I have a large exhaust fan, 1 intake fan from the top, one intake fan from the side, and a stock heatsink / fan on my processor.

I don't know what my base temps were before this started happening but under load my cpu comes up to about 45 - 55 and my core goes 75+.

They system freezes up when it idles at 75 for too long.

I tried cleaning off and replacing the thermal compound. Maybe needs more compound? But the CPU says that its cool....
ANY IDEAS!?!?

Relevancy 40.42%

The title says it all all my data in C:\Users\TEMP and now temp account is gone.
Im sorry if my grammar sucks because im not english but anyways,
Yesterday i logged in on my pc and i logged in A temp user and I copy pasted all my data from my main User file and Put it all in the C:\Users\TEMP\desc File.
and today i logged in again and now im in my first profiel The main user but when i try to copy paste everything back like how it whas and the C:\Users\TEMP file is gone.
i need that data back i hope someone can help me.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58060-all-my-data-c-users-temp-now-temp-account-gone.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi!

I have this problem with Asus p5q3 motherboard my system temp goes up to 60-70(celsius) and cpu (intel core 2 quad q9550) temp is low as 30-40(celsius).
So how can system temp be that high?

A:Help system temp high and CPU temp low?!

That can't be right - I'm guessing that the reported temperature is simply wrong.
What are you using to monitor these temperatures? I suggest trying Speedfan in Windows: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/190965-help-system-temp-high-cpu-temp-low.html
Relevancy 39.13%

DFI fxb-m h amd phenom BE When I flashed my bios yesterday I noticed that my cpu was somehow overclocked It was running at ghz and v I went in the bios CPU Core temp higher than temp returned the temps back to the stock speeds Before the bios flash my temps according to Everest CPU temp higher than Core temp which is accurate were around - - Now after this whole thing they are - - My CPU temp is C higher than the core temps I m sure that this is the case I ve checked bios settings cpuz showings everest showings Everything is as it should be except for the cpu temp I know that these temps are good and some people would say to just leave it alone but I want to figure this out I ve been thinking and I thought that maybe the bios before were wrong and the temps were wrong so actualy the showings now are the correct ones i think is highly unlikable Need some help with this issue nbsp

A:CPU temp higher than Core temp

I'd say don't worry about it.I have a Q6600 that has different temps for each of its 4 cores and the CPU temp is almost always 10 degrees lower. Although, a while back in my motherboard forum, there was a discussion about a new BIOS update that reports higher temps for my motherboard, so it might be possible that the new BIOS is modified to report different/more accurate temps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-temp-higher-than-core-temp.863614/
Relevancy 39.13%

Is it a good idea to run the %temp% and c:\windows\temp commands every month or so, even if your not having any problems, just as a matter of maintenance?

A:%temp% and c:\windows\temp questions

I'd advise you to use something like this utility, free, we use this a lot here >>> http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

How often to use is up to you, I would think every week or two, based on how much the computer is used.....
On some I use it almost daily and especially on machines kids here use.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

TFC only cleans temp folders. TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail. TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.Click to expand...

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop

Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Also you might benefit from this utility which does a good job with Temp Internet Files and Cookies etc, (deleting Cookies will result in you and
other users having to manually Log In to your regular web accounts that use logins....so make sure you and they know the usernames and passwords!

use ATF cleaner as follows:
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Caution: This program is for Windows 2000, XP and Vista only
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
If you use Firefox browser
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.Reboot.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temp-and-c-windows-temp-questions.1013386/
Relevancy 39.13%

Have Windows XP Home Ed Serv Pack Have a number of quot Temp quot directories on the C root directory Directory names such as quot Adobe Acrobat temp quot - quot Console temp quot - quot Display Files in Temp Temp Not Directory temp quot - quot DLA Writing Temp Files Not in Temp Directory temp quot - quot McAfee temp quot - quot Intel chipset temp quot Near as I can tell these directories were created when I installed these programs but not completely sure I have learned the hard way that quot Not all temp directories can or should be deleted quot Have no problem keeping these directories in the C root directory IF THEY ARE NEEDED Otherwise want to keep HD clean lean mean TWO QUESTIONS Are these directories needed after install If NOT needed why don t these install programs clean the garbage off the HD after install when no longer needed Not cleaning-up after install seems like quot Malicious Indifference quot to the user s best interests after that user paid for and installed that software mfg s program It s malicious laziness and indifference Cyberbear nbsp

A:Temp Files Not in Temp Directory

Cyberbear said:

Have Windows XP Home Ed (Serv Pack 2)

Have a number of "Temp" directories on the C root directory (Directory names such as: "Adobe Acrobat.temp" - "Console.temp" - "Display.temp" - "DLA Writing.temp" - "McAfee.temp" - "Intel chipset.temp").

Near as I can tell these directories were created when I installed these programs, but not completely sure.

I have learned the hard way that, "Not all temp directories can or should be deleted."

Have no problem keeping these directories in the C root directory IF THEY ARE NEEDED. Otherwise want to keep HD clean, lean, mean.

TWO QUESTIONS: 1. Are these directories needed after install?

2. If NOT needed, why don't these install programs clean the garbage off the HD after install, when no longer needed? Not cleaning-up after install seems like "Malicious Indifference" to the user's best interests, after that user paid for and installed that software mfg's program. It's malicious laziness and indifference.

CyberbearClick to expand...

Hello from my understanding of tempory files you do not need these after the program has been installed. I delete these on a regular basis my-self so you should be able to. Click start, run and type %temp% and press enter, this will take you to the tempory folder.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temp-files-not-in-temp-directory.607293/
Relevancy 38.7%

Putting together a build for a friend however I believe the motherboard may have been damaged or was fans off Build, no New mobo, beeps fan psu cpu not Mobo light, case powers green damaged upon my taking part New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps in the build I assembled the parts a w thermaltake psu an asus mobo e intel processor western digital hard drive New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps gigs of GSkill ati hd gpu and an LG dvd drive Posted gave an error message about cpu fan error I google it it seemed to be relatively harmless While in the bios the computer s signal disappeared I attempted a reboot to no avail No error codes cpu fan stopped spinning Removed memory no error code removed no error code case fan connected to the motherboard spins when powered on motherboard shows green light no signal detected I tested the processor in another rig and it worked fine and the cpu fan spun fine Tested another power supply with said motherboard and the motherboard fan would not spin and it would not post and no error codes Is my motherboard dead Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps

check and recheck the connections on the board, if unsuccessful, make sure you haven t short-circuited the mobo, ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-mobo-green-light-psu-powers-case-fans-off-mobo-not-cpu-fan-no-beeps.132515/
Relevancy 38.7%

This problem has the configuration listed in my system specs below which have just changed recently My OCZ Vertex died RMA'ed but sold and replaced with the Transcend SSD quot SATAIII GB Also sold my GPU Now trying to get everything back on track I reinstalled my OS on the SSD but I can't for the life of me get the HDMI working When reinstalling I knew it was normal onboard mobo Mobo HD - HDMI? ATI detecting not Radeon ASUS 4250 for only my Dell CRT to show up via its VGA connection but then the main ViewSonic HD monitor never came on I finally realized it wasn't responding to anything The ViewSonic HD monitor is the only thing plugged in right now on both VGA amp HDMI but Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo will only work on the VGA It had been working fine before the OCZ SSD died No VGA problems The onboard ATI Radeon Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo HD is fully updated and all the drivers are installed and updated to the best of my knowledge There is an update for the BIOS on the ASUS website that I had never installed ever but the only change from before was the SSD so that should not matter I've even made sure I installed the specific driver for the monitor from the disc it came with I tried playing around in BIOS and for once no matter what graphics device order I set i e IGPX-PCI-GPX-etc it always reverted to the mobo's VGA And obviously Device Manager is showing no yellow question marks and is generally no help right now Again there is NO longer a standalone GPU video card in this system just the ASUS M A TD-V EVO USB 's onboard internal graphics ATI Radeon HD Is there something I'm missing Anything I could possibly try Any ideas FYI I knew my OS image was horribly out of date so I didn't bother trying to reinstall that Also since the GB size of the SSD is smaller now wouldn't it not work anyway Well that's moot

A:Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo

It's plausible that your HDMI port on your MOBO is dead. Is it possible to obtain a GPU and try it's HDMI port?
It could be your monitor as well, do you have access to anything else supporting HDMI and see if your monitor connects?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252936-mobo-not-detecting-hdmi-ati-radeon-hd-4250-onboard-asus-mobo.html
Relevancy 38.27%

My pc open file automatically, then automatically shut down
when I running my pc, it create pop up sound then open file automatically
then pc get shut down.
watching any video file, this create more problem.
when i scan all of my hard drives but any virus or virus activity didnt appear.
My antivirus up to date besides i tried many type of antivirus as well.
please give me some suggestion as soon as possible.
what should i do?

A:My pc open file automatically, then automatically shut down

Boot into System Recovery Options to System Restore to a point before the problem began.

Establish a Clean Boot first and then work through the other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7, working in Safe Mode if necessary.

Keep us posted on your progress.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310971-my-pc-open-file-automatically-then-automatically-shut-down.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all,

I have a MSI k7 pro via kt 266a mobo with an athlon xp1600, served me well, however time has moved on.
1/ MSIs website states the max cpu my mobo can take is xp2100 (upgradeing cpu would be cheapest option). Does anyone know any different?

2/ There are some good "bargains" in mobos, as low as 80 bucks Australian, able to take an AMD 64 3200 , based on SIs chipsets. Of the chipsets available, eg, Sis , Via , nforce, are folk noticing any "real world" difference between them.

I occasionally edit and render video-rendering times not a key consideration and occasionally play Lomac and Il2 flight sims. Thats it. Apart from surf the net.

Your input appreciated. Thanks

A:Advice required for mobo update or mobo replacement

i just bought an ecs N2U400-A MB, i already had a couple xtra processors so i didnt need to get the combo, but if I had got the combo, i beleive it came with an athlon xp 2400+ for around $100 american. so far i am very happy with the quality and performance of this new board. BTW, it is an nFORCE2 board

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-required-for-mobo-update-or-mobo-replacement.17718/
Relevancy 37.84%

Does ATI cards conflict with this mobo?
ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro ATX AMD Motherboard
I heard there would be 'cause the mobo is a VIA. Is that true?
Should the mobo conflict with any of these below and forgive me for the video in a CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos board,
SAPPHIRE Radeon 9550 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card and or
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO AGP 4X/8X

A:ASUS mobo in conflict with ATI cards? (reaschering the mobo)

Have you asked ati yet? Read what the mobo manufacturer has to say about it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-in-conflict-with-ati-cards-reaschering-the-mobo.30766/
Relevancy 37.84%

http h www hp com ewfrf wc document cc us amp docname c amp dlc en amp lc en amp jumpid reg R USEN The above link is to the HP specs for the machine The mobo is overheating and yes i ve done all the reg maint stuff Let s call it dead bury it and buy a new bride I did upgrade the video and sound last year but those devices should be good for a few more yrs This pc is strictly for gaming music and my embroidery machine software I have never replaced a motherboard nor cpu before though I ve done all else My concern is that in my eagerness to get this girl back up an running I overshoot and choose a board - mobo Intel w/ Replacing Solved: pls. help mobo RC410-M ECS that won t support the current devices I d love to replace the cpu right now Solved: Replacing ECS RC410-M mobo w/ Intel mobo - help pls. too but w bdays and christmas coming Solved: Replacing ECS RC410-M mobo w/ Intel mobo - help pls. I can t afford it So help me geniuses What motherboards would support the pos Pentium D S DC GHz socket but still allow me to celebrate my nd birthday with a new cpu a quad ohh ahhh next april I have searched and searched and it s probably staring me in the face but I can t figure out the mobos I m guessing some of these would work but again brain doesn t work as well as it should and I just cant figure it out http techreport com articles x Thanks for your help Peace ohbrandi nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all ,

Is there a way to stop logging of temp files at C:Windows\Temp ?

I deleted everything in that folder which was about 5GB and also emptying the recycle bin soon after but within an hour another set of temp files almost 5GB are again loaded in that same folder. Now my hard drive has no more space left. I have deleted that folder several times in one day but theres no end to it filled up.
Is there a way to stop this ?

A:Solved: How can I stop Windows from Logging temp files at C:Windows\Temp?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-stop-windows-from-logging-temp-files-at-c-windows-temp.424416/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have read several posts about issues with this already MOBO MOBO OS to 7 from Need on new files maintain and baked. HD I had an ECS P M MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO Pro-M V with a Pentium I had a primary and MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO secondary hard drive as well as a DVD RW on it My brother-in-law originally build the computer some years ago I got the dreaded call the other day quot Honey the computer won't turn on quot DOA fried MOBO I ordered a Biostar A G MOBO with integrated graphics audio and LAN cards Popped in an AMD Athlon X G and two DDR G Ram sticks Fired that puppy up on my old hard drive It ran through some system checks and nada I keep getting back to nothing I had a system backup set up to run but the destination drive ended up being full without my realizing it and now I'm up shit creek becuase the drive won't boot I've got some important business stuff on that drive which I know I can recover but I would just like it to get up and run I have the install CD and it is a direct from Microsoft CD Nothing specific to the old MOBO What to do This was supposed to be my swan song New computer and I was going to be rocking it out zilcho Please help me out

A:MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO

Describe "I keep getting back to nothing" in more detail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211207-mobo-baked-need-maintain-7-os-files-hd-new-mobo.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Howdy I m at my PSU/Mobo spin New fans won't LED green, Mobo wits end here and I was hoping one New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin of you could point me in the direction of something else to try Working on friend s ish eMachine ick because his motherboard chipset heatsink fell off New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin Used some thermal adhesive to stick the sucker back on but when i hit the power button nothing happens However the motherboard led is on So I pop in another working PSU that I had laying around with the same thing happening At this point I figure the motherboard got fried and ordered a no name gateway oem motherboard I throw it in and have the exact same issue I try shorting the power pins to see if it was my power switch and nada It might be that the processor was killed but wouldn t the psu fan start up in that case Or I ordered a dud motherboard with the same symptoms At this point I m just not sure what step to take to resolve the problem Any advice nbsp

A:New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin

Run the motherboard outside the case with just CPU and memory installed. See if it starts. If not, the CPU could be fried or you have a defective motherboard. I hope you didn't use the old power supply with the replacement motherboard, if you did, you probably fried the 2nd motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-led-green-psu-mobo-fans-wont-spin.115091/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm upgrading a computer and I'm having difficulties with loading. I am replacing just the mother board, processor chip, and the ram chip. I am re-using the hard drives, cd/dvd drives, and everything else.

I've upgraded from:
an AMD chip to a P4 3.0e w/ HT
an unknown AMD mobo to a DFI PS85-BL ver B1 mobo

I will be using 512 mb ddr 400 pc3200 kingston ram

I already called DFI and they said that I need to unistall the system drivers. Of course, I tried uninstalling all device drivers and then shut down and rebuilt computer. When I booted, the computer asked for safe mode or boot normally. No matter what I select, it automatically reboots.

Any ideas, instructions, or definite fixes?

A:Upgrade Issues. Upgrading from AMD mobo to P4 mobo.

Watching over Gotham City...hey it's dark out here

Why Do u Wanna Upgrade to Pentuim 4
Just Asking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-issues-upgrading-from-amd-mobo-to-p4-mobo.20691/
Relevancy 37.41%

Here is my mobo, will be here Thursday.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157139

I want a Phenom II soon. I then started (after I purchased the motherboard first) got interested in getting an X3 and trying to see about unlocking the 4th core.

I have searched around and can find little information about anything other than Biostar and 790 chipsets unlocking the core.

If anyone has information that could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and if anyone here has this motherboard, how do you like it?

A:New Mobo, quick question (CPU/Mobo Related)

The motherboard looks pretty good... I am an Intel man though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-quick-question-cpu-mobo-related.125107/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am trying to put together a Server running for my home I have a two computers running socket MOBOS and CPUs I have enough pieces to put together another computer CPU RAM Mobo Graphic card Besides this old gear I have a special server case and RAID card I tried to get the computer set up a while back and got errors from the MOBO I made a half attempt to work it out but do newer 939 Mobo Socket purchase a Mobo or not have the time or patience I figured I would just buy another inexpensive mobo and get it going Based on the prices I am seeing for this mobo Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo it has turned into a collectors item and worth more now than when they were cutting edge Should I just suck it up and pay for a Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo old MOBO or should I upgrade my home theater PC to a newer MOBO with new Ram and CPU then take that mobo for the Server That computer runs fine now with a CPU but a newer socket would allow me options for the future without paying a premium for old school technology If you suggest a newer MOBO I would appreciate suggestions on which MOBO and CPU for a Micro ATX case good for a HTPC BTW I am on the road more than at Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo home so most of my work is done on a newer laptop nbsp

A:Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo

You can do mobo/ 2GB RAM and a X2 AM2 for around $150, I would go that route.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-939-mobo-or-purchase-a-newer-mobo.858269/