Windows Support Forum

Automatic reconnection to the internet?

Q: Automatic reconnection to the internet?

Hi

I use Tiscali as my ISP and a Belkin modem + router (ADSL + 2 modem with wireless G router - F5D7632-4 ver 6)

I have been having a lot of problems with my internet connection. I often find that when I start my computer the internet connection is dropped. This means that I have to log into the router and reconnect. I share my connection with a couple of friends. The problem is that when I'm out they can't connect to the internet if the line is dropped and I'm not in to reconnect the router to the 'net. I am not willing to share my router password to allow them access to the router configuration!

Does anyone know of a way to configure the router so that when the internet connection drops it automatically reconnects?

Will

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Automatic reconnection to the internet?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Automatic reconnection to the internet?

Try a different router. You may have one of the many defective Belkin units. Also, it is possible that your DSL provider has a problem... It might be worth it to call them to see if there are problems reported in your neighborhood.
If no router is available, I would remove or disable the drives and reinstall them. I would also check with Belkin web site to see if updated firmware or drivers is available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/automatic-reconnection-to-the-internet.76040/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, my name is Ben. I've recently been having some internet connection issues.
So heres my problem.
Whenever I turn on my computer (windows 7 desktop, internet connected via cable), I surf the web/play online games for about 40 minutes then it disconnects and reconnects immediately.

Any solutions?

Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Dell inspririon 1520. When my internet wireless connection is briefly lost, the only way I seem able to reconnect is by rebooting - often several times - and with vista this takes minutes each time, and occasionally powering off the router. According to my provider this is a known peculiar cocktail between vista, dell laptops and my isp, and they don't know a solution. I wnder if anyone here does. My dell inspirion on XP is fine and my htc mobile is fine.

Many thanks for any help

A:Vista wireless internet reconnection nightmare!

Sounds like a driver issue to me, check dell's website to see if there is an updated driver for your wireless adaptor

KOACHWIZ**

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wireless-internet-reconnection-nightmare-309238.html
Relevancy 50.74%

when i am trying to open a site i my computer tries to reconnect to the
internet through another port even though i am already connected,this means
i cant view the website.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/130967-reconnection-box.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have been having this issue for weeks now and I m absolutely stumped whats been happening is that my online applications such as yahoo messenger mozilla and my online games such as Final fantasy have been disconnecting every hr exactly as soon as each application disconnects it reconnects automatically except ffxi and its good for another full disconnection/reconnection DSL hr while this is happening my connection remains solid DSL disconnection/reconnection and doesn t DSL disconnection/reconnection disconnect I have tried many things such as updating DSL disconnection/reconnection my drivers scanning for viruses unplugging my router and just testing my gateway portforwarding turning off windows firewall and even calling my isp my isp said that my SNR margin was and one i plugged another phone cord into the jack it jumped to which is acceptable from what I understand even after that dramatic increase in connectivity I still dc from my applications every hr Its quite frustrating since its only been happening for the past few weeks Im starting to think it could be my gateway but growing more unlikely as it seems to like clockwork They had me check all the filters on the phone lines and they are fine So any ideas would be very much appreciated im at the end of my rope as far as ideas thank you for your time blaze nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I m having a problem with Drop/No Reboot?? Net Reconnection W/O my home network Its a wirelans lan from linksys I m using the Wireless B PCI card on a desktop computer Windows XP Pro Here s what s happening The network runs just fine Its hooked to the network as is my lap top No problems Connects to the internet However as you probably know wireless tends to hiccup occasionally Well none of my other computers notice it They keep going Net Drop/No Reconnection W/O Reboot?? Well this one is the only computer I have for internet gaming And every so often when the net hiccups it loses internet connection And it doesn t reconnect automaticaly Instead it refuses to connect again If I go to the little computer icon on my tray that represents the internet connection and click quot repair quot it locks up the pc If I try to locate networks it locks up the pc Th only thing I can do to make it relocate the internet is reboot the computer and let it look for it when it logs on It finds it immediately and I m back in business But some days like today those little hiccups happen every or minutes and I can t stay on the internet Its driving me absolutely crazy To have to reboot five or more times in a row Its ridiculous And I m sure its something simple The problem is that Net Drop/No Reconnection W/O Reboot?? I don t know enough about networks to understand why it won t reconnect automatically Please Please somebody help me and save my sanity I m so very stressed out at this point I play net games to relax not to make me even more stressed and want to throw my pc out the window what other information do you need computer Windows XP Pro ver service pack amd athlon processor ghz gb ram Network Linksys Wireless-B PCI Adapter card Manufacturer cicso-linksys llc nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Well I have a Samsung laptop mod NP- E running Sys and I get internet access via a Ubiquity diretional wifi antenna that connects to another antenna on the next mountaintop provided by the service provider and connected to my wireless router by a long ethernet cable That all seems to work OK but the connection to my Intel Wireless N- adapter is problematic if the service provider signal drops out then the wireless adapter or maybe some sort of network extension seems to crash It will not re-establish network reconnection wireless puzzle communication with the router In fact from the Network and Sharing Center it sometimes will not even allow me to open the dialog box to quot Connect or Disconnect quot If I disable the wireless adapter including if I let the troubleshooter reset the adapter it will not re-enable under these circumstances until I reboot And when I try to restart the computer it wireless network reconnection puzzle cannot log out as though it is waiting for the network extension to finish something I have to hard shutdown When I reboot it re-establishes communication with the router most of the time I have recently unchecked the IPv option in the quot Wireless Network Connection Properties quot because I read that can really slow down Windows but it has not changed anything Any ideas http static techguy org download SysInfo exe sez Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD E A E A E A EA EA Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:wireless network reconnection puzzle

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Samsung's web site. If you already have that driver reinstall it anyhow in case the installed instance is corrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-reconnection-puzzle.1091935/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi everyone I have recently switched my work laptop from Win XP to Win and have started encountering a weird WiFi issue When I turn the laptop on in the morning it auto connects to my home WiFi without any problem but indicates that there is limited access and I can't use anything requiring internet So my first reaction was to disconnect reconnect and guess what It worked needed reconnection connection access, daily limited First gives WiFi Now every single day I have to do the same manual disconnect reconnect which is getting old fast I tried troubleshooting this issue and here are some conclusion I reached based on my testing - No such issue encountered with any Win XP machine - No such issue encountered with any Ubuntu machine - Exact same issue encountered on my girlfriend's laptop also on Win - My work laptop uses a First daily WiFi connection gives limited access, reconnection needed VPN to access the company's network but I manually launch it after the internet is connected so it cannot have an impact on the initial WiFi connection I have attached the result of ipconfig all if it can help but at this point I'm stuck Would anyone have any suggestion

A:First daily WiFi connection gives limited access, reconnection needed

Almost 200 views and no replies, either my issue is just too weird or I'm not providing enough information, am I missing something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/261491-first-daily-wifi-connection-gives-limited-access-reconnection-needed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Was organizing and cleaning up a cable nightmare. Got them all zip tied together and plugged back in. A popping noise occurred and the modern will not turn on. The part that plugs into the wall was hot and very faint odd burnt odor. Is a new one required? Or just new cable? No idea.

A:Zip tie cables. Upon reconnection loud popping noise. Modem not workin

Fieldnator89,
It's not likely the cables but the power supply (wall wart) to the modem that sounds and smells to have gone bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/339270-zip-tie-cables-upon-reconnection-loud-popping-noise-modem-not-workin.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I had Tiscali TV installed and cancelled all in the same day because my line mb would not support Tiscali TV tiscali initially said it Solved: running issue / up after back net modem Wireless router 2 reconnection would However they let me Solved: Wireless modem router / reconnection 2 net issue after running back up keep for free the wireless modem router This freebie router is an upgrade from a modem When I backed up my Solved: Wireless modem router / reconnection 2 net issue after running back up music documents etc when using a modem I had to disable my AV which meant I disconnected from the internet for security reasons whilst I was backing up my files Now that I am using a router to back up my files I still have to disable my AV which is not a problem Disconnecting from the internet using the router is also not a problem but reconnecting to the internet is - as in I have to restart my computer every time This seems like a silly way to go about things when all I had to do when I was using a modem was to double click on the quot connect to tiscali broadband quot desktop icon and choose to disconnect or connect Prior to posting this thread I did search for an answer with Thompson Speedtouch the make of the router but to no avail Is there something that I m doing wrong or missing I really Solved: Wireless modem router / reconnection 2 net issue after running back up cannot find any other way of reconnecting to the internet once I have backed up my files other than restarting my PC Any help you techies can offer will be appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless modem router / reconnection 2 net issue after running back up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-modem-router-reconnection-2-net-issue-after-running-back-up.660771/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am using a wired DSL internet connection through a modem supplied by local ISP. After starting windows I see some activity on the internet icon on the task bar like searching. Till it stops and failure sign appears I cannot connect to internet. In the mean time antivirus searching for update also gives failure notice. Both I have to do manually after that. Is there provision to connect to internet once windows started? Password is already saved

A:Automatic Internet connection

Yes, Have you tried Clicking the Network icon, clicking your Connection, and selecting connect automatically?

Enzo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/11092-automatic-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I whenever i on my internet dongle using Airtel sim it unwantedly shows downloads speeds up to 300 kbps to 1.04 mbps. Why this happens?

Relevancy 42.57%

Hey all It's my first post here so I'll try to be as helpful in my explanations as possible Basically I'm running Windows -bit free download version and am trying causing with USB Mobiles disconnection/reconnection issues issues to use my HTC ONE m with Trinus VR For the least latency I'm trying to use it through USB tethering The problem is that my computer keeps USB issues causing disconnection/reconnection issues with Mobiles dropping and reconnecting to the phone Plus even though the phone's USB tethering is on I'm not getting a 'tethering' connection only able to explore the file structure Now as far I can tell according to a google search most of the problem comes down to the Microsoft USB drivers need confirmation on this I've changed my power options and disabled the quot USB selective suspend setting quot I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the HTC Sync and HTC SyncManager software AND uninstalled all of the USB devices in the Device Manager It will still on occasion go through a cycling disconnect and reconnect pattern Do you ladies and gentleman have any more ideas that I can try Many thanks for reading this far I appreciate ANY help or advice that you can give THANKS

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/45012-usb-issues-causing-disconnection-reconnection-issues-mobiles.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Thank you so much for taking the time to read and offer your expertise I am having difficulty in directly accessing links that have been generated during a google or yahoo search I can put in a search term in Automatic Internet Redirection Explorer and get appropriate results However when I attempt to click on the Automatic Redirection in Internet Explorer link I am not taken to the site Rather I am redirected to a completely unrelated link I attempted to press the back button to retry the link I am attempting to access however that was unsuccessful My husband tried adjusting the internet options and removing cookies however these have not been successful either We believe that this may be a version of malware However we are uncertain Thus I would love confirmation if this is the problem Also I d love to know how to go about fixing this issue Thank you again Edit Moved topic from Web Browsing Email and Other Internet Applications to the more appropriate forum Also deleted the duplicate topic in the logs forum since no logs were attached and to avoid confusion for everyone Animal

A:Automatic Redirection in Internet Explorer

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433287/automatic-redirection-in-internet-explorer/
Relevancy 42.14%

I reformatted my puter with xp home sp2. my computer wont connect to the internet automatically. i believe i need to specifically allow my puter to connect by changing settings. ive done this before but cant remember how. my internet connection is through directv.net via wild blue satelite internet. its an always on connection .last time i had this problem i got help from direct tv tech support. i been calling them for a week, no luck getting someone that knows how.
under lan and network settings i have the 1394 net adapter connection, but thats all.
my modem is working fine and im on my other puter right now.

please help me. im in the middle of nowhere. lol. hours drive to walmart, 3 hours to the nearest mall

Relevancy 42.14%

hey, i have windows vista and am having constant problems, one of which is these strange self occuring shortcuts on my desktop that appaer as soon as i open internet explorer, there have been hundreds of which i delete but they keep returning here is what s few of them say (all are different)

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\http___www_nytimes_com_services_xml_rss_userland_Technology_xml_history.xml

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\http___rss_news_yahoo_com_rss_entertainment.xml

if u could help i would be extremely thankful

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/strange-automatic-internet-shortcuts-272277.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
every time i connect to the internet, my computer auto shutdown & restart, please help!!!

Relevancy 42.14%

In the internet connections under lane settings I check detect Automatic settings but when i click ok nothing happens. I had Nod32 it gave errors I completely uninstalled it and still nothing any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-check-automatic-internet-settings.1033340/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I have WinXP Home and broadband and my computer connects to the internet automatically when I turn it on. This is annoying when I don't want to go online, because after less than a minute it is trying to connect again. Could you please tell me how I can stop it?

A:How Do I Turn Off Automatic Internet Connection In Xp?

Niki,The first thing that comes to mind is to turn off the modem. However, when you do want to connect to the internet. You'll need to turn off the computer, then turn on the modem. Let the modem synchronize to your broadband network and acquire an IP. Then once that happens turn on your computer and you have internet connectivity. Thats one option. There may be others. Be (IP) SafeDa Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33553/how-do-i-turn-off-automatic-internet-connection-in-xp/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have windows XP. I installed one of the automatic updates and right after that my computer won't connect to the internet. I get a message that says try another address, check your internet etc. The internet is still working as it still tells me how many new yahoo messages that I have and I can still use Yahoo instant messanger. I also tried all of the other things listed on the page and nothing works.

Relevancy 42.14%

Every 10 minutes or so windows automatically pop up on my computer.

A:Internet Explorer Automatic Popups

Hello Stephen A. Davis ,One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.Regards,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/355923/internet-explorer-automatic-popups/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm on a metered hotspot so when I use my laptop I don't want applications to autormatically connect to the web for updates or otherthings without my knowledge and approval. I know it's possible to limit this automatic access when first setting up applications and windows, but now I have so many. Windows doesn't seem to be a problem because it only updates when I allow (usually when I'm at McDonald's ). But the other day my hotspot went dead because a fish screensaver was updating without my knowledge. I promptly uninstalled it rather than figure out how to tame it. Is there another way to limit this auto access?

A:Monitoring automatic internet connectioins

A firewall will do, just make sure to remove all pre-configured rules, which allow safe apps.
Either use an extension for Windows firewall to control outbound or use another firewall.

http://www.binisoft.org/wfc.php or http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/order.html

https://www.privacyware.com/personal_firewall.html

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/64000-monitoring-automatic-internet-connectioins.html
Relevancy 41.71%

About 50% of the time when I shut down XP, Popup states EXPLORER.EXE did not shut down, I have to do it. Please how do I correct this.

A:shutdown on XP, Internet Explorer does not shut down automatic

mpcedarok said:

About 50% of the time when I shut down XP, Popup states Internet Explorer did not shut down, I have to do it. Please how do I correct this.Click to expand...
What method are you using to turn off your compter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutdown-on-xp-internet-explorer-does-not-shut-down-automatic.414129/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I have a VBScript where I used InternetExploere.Application Object.
CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

After that, I am navigation to one login page and filling userID and Password and submitting the form.
I can able to login successfully. From that page, I have to take one Value, base on that I am generating a URL for download a file.

I can able to generate the URL and navitage to that path. Then Internet Explorer poping up Do you want to save or open the file.

Its not downloading automatically. I am using send keys and all. Sometime working fine but sometimes not working.

I wanted to change the internet explorer options to automatically download somehow. So that i will not face this problem again and again.

Please help me how I can change the internet explorer options to turn automatic download on.

I am using Internet Explorer 11 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6427c389-e4c0-46ee-b171-4f33d8129d45/internet-explorer-11-automatic-download-not-enabled?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 41.71%

My computer automatically shuts down whenever I try to connect to an internet or network server (wifi, LAN. or wireless data modem). At first it shuts down a few minutes after I connect, but now it's as soon as I TRY to connect (even when wifi is just looking for a signal).

The following message is displayed for literally a fraction of a second (I had to take a video of the screen so I can read the message).
"This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by IRIS\Iris

Time before shutdown: 00:00:01

IRIS is my computer/administrator name.

I checked my events viewer and it said something about winlogon.exe, by USER32.
Hope you can help!

A:automatic shutdown when connecting to internet/network

Crashing and shutdown problems can be symptomatic of a variety of things to include hardware/software issues, overheating caused by a failed processor fan, bad memory (RAM), failing or underpowered power supply, CPU overheating, motherboard, video card, faulty or unsigned device drivers, CMOS battery going bad, BIOS and firmware problems, dirty hardware components, programs hanging or unresponsive in the background, and even malware.Some rootkits can also trigger BSODs, shutdowns and various stop error/shutdown messages so it would also be wise to perform a scan for this type of malware. Download and scan with Sophos Anti-rootkit, Panda AntiRootkit or AVG Anti-Rootkit.Before performing an ARK scan it is recommended to do the following to ensure more accurate results and avoid common issues that may cause false detections.Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug you Internet cable connection.Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver. Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.Note: Not all hidden components detected by ARKs are malicious. It is normal for a Firewall, some Anti-virus and Anti-malware software (ProcessGuard, Prevx1, AVG AS), sandboxes, virtual machines and Host based Intrusion Prevention Systems (HIPS) to hook into the OS kernal/SSDT in order to protect your system. You should not be alarmed if you see any hidden entries created by these software programs after performing a scan.If you're using Windows 2000/XP, please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.Please be patient as the scan may take up to 20 minutes to complete.When the process is complete, the SDFix report log will open in Notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.The SDFix report log (Report.txt) will open in Notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder.Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.Be sure to re-enable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173341/automatic-shutdown-when-connecting-to-internetnetwork/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,
Since an automatic update on my computer, my computer will not access the internet. I have tried to resart the computer to a previous point pre-updates but now it will longer do this either. So i am a stuck. Can you help?

Thanks

A:Automatic updates now preventing access to internet

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan hill

Hi,
Since an automatic update on my computer, my computer will not access the internet. I have tried to resart the computer to a previous point pre-updates but now it will longer do this either. So i am a stuck. Can you help?

Thanks

I have a similar problem. Bun not from automatic updates. I updated Adobe reader(it says "Install security update). Since then It appeared in system Tray an yellow triangle with an exclamtion mark on it. If I click on it, it disappears, but my network connection has stopped working. It connects normaly, but the computer works like it would not be connected to the Internet. I unistaled the update, but the problem reappeard after 2-3 days. Now it looks that it is all OK, but I do not know what am I suposed to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-updates-now-preventing-access-to-internet-271999.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My MSN Interent Explorer sign-on screen automatically appears, without clicking the icon. I can only minimize, can't close. Called Microsoft - - they said to call my computer manufacturer?? Any ideas on how to stop this automatic screen from appearing?

A:Automatic Boot-Up Internet Explorer Screen

check the preferences for MSN Messenger

Make sure that it's not set to load when Windows starts.

May want to also make sure that MSN Explorer is not the default browser.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-boot-up-internet-explorer-screen.80900/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys I have been having all sorts of problems with my PC since I bought it It s a Packard Bell Imedia running windows media edition less than a year old Recently I had the computer taken back to PC World I know I know Update Internet Explorer problems via Automatic and after three days they phoned me up to tell me that my Automatic Update via Internet Explorer problems computer did in fact have a problem kinda like the reason I brought it in guys They recommended ressetting Automatic Update via Internet Explorer problems it to factory settings which I agreed to and I got the Automatic Update via Internet Explorer problems PC back a few days later with both drives formatted and the original software re-installed So far so good except the original problem is still there but not so bad I am following up some advice I found in these forums before submitting the main problem for analysis However I have now found that I have an additional problem on the machine When I log into Windows update internet explorer does one of two things It either immediately freezes forcing me to Alt Ctrl Del or it gets through the first stage and tells me what updates I need mb at last count It then prepares to install and prepares and prepares and prepares you get the picture When I bring up task manager it says IE is running ok but if I end task I get the standard error message asking me if I want to inform microsoft When I do microsoft kindly tells me that IE has crashed and it has no idea why Lastly before I turned it off for driving me nuts the automatic update feature with the little shield thing used to load up in my system tray but it was always stuck on It wouldn t work either I hope someone can offer some help I really dont want to have to manually uninstall IE and re-install if I dont have to as due to time restrictions and the fact that I am majorly cursed means that it wont be quick or easy I do daily scans for spyware using AdAware and Spybot and weekly virus scans using AVG which has found nothing yet I am using a netgear wireless adapter but I am not sure if that would be causing a problem as before I took the computer in it worked fine Here s hoping someone can help nbsp

A:Automatic Update via Internet Explorer problems

sounds like there's just too much to do/download and there may be issues with
your internet connectivity. Try running the MS UPDATES manually so you can
select the updates for yourself. You may need to run the Genuine Windows Validation,
but when you get to the Updates, click CUSTOM and then select
only the first Critical. Then click Install and monitor your results. Oh, be sure to
run from an account with Admin status.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/automatic-update-via-internet-explorer-problems.36755/
Relevancy 41.71%

Can any one advise on Automatic internet & by access programs unwanted the better products to view track trace and identify unwanted unnecessary outgoing internet access on my Automatic & unwanted internet access by programs XP Pc s I m using TCPview which shows a whole load of stuff however it does not show which programs are creating the connections or attempted connections One of the problems with TCPview is that some connections or attemps only appear on the screen for a few seconds then are gone thus not giving sufficient time to record anything or use the Whois function Frequently the info provided by the Whois function is insufficient or shows an error Malwarebytes protection module frequently pops up that it has blocked various outgoing connections to various IP addresses My machines have recently been hit bad by something possible me TCPview shows a whole load of automatic access that is possible not wanted and or troublesome and I want to be able to identify which what and be able to get rid of it if appropriate Because of my recent problems I m loathed to start downloading all and sundry trying to find a suitable product s only to find I ve made the situation worse A program that would list log fleeting connection attempts is a must I feel There are several sites that will examine security scan logs and hijack logs a good one being Bleeping Computer are there any sites that will review lists logs of automatic outgoing connection attempts and connections internet or otherwise like can be produced from programs such as TCPview Any help would be much appreciated Cheers

A:Automatic & unwanted internet access by programs

Might take a look at the free CurrPorts: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html.It shows the owning process of any active ports, plus a wealth of other info and options. Under the "View" tab menu is the option "HTML Report - All Items". When selected it will, very quickly, display an html report in your browser of what ever is displayed in the CurrPorts window.Edit:What about viewing logs from the firewall?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443944/automatic-unwanted-internet-access-by-programs/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello Members I have installed LogMeIn on my sisters computer it s a Windows pro OS when i do any sort of routine MS updates or general maintenance on the computer remotely sometimes a restart is in order to complete Internet computer connection Automatic restarts.... when the installtions The problem is that once i have restarted her computer remotely from LogMeIn i can t connect to her computer remotely as an internet connection is made only when she puts in her Windows username and password Automatic Internet connection when computer restarts.... when physically infront of her computer Is there a way to get her computer to establish an internet connection when restarted without having to log into the computer Her modem is a BT voyager ADSL and it s connected via USB i have set the modem username and password to be remembered and in IE within options and then Connection tab i have set it to Auto Dial using my default connection but this has not instructed the operating system to establish a internet connection prior to actually loggin into the windows desktop Your help would be very grateful Kind regards Livio nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello guys,

I am running Windows 7 64 bit, and I upgraded to Internet Explorer 10 about a month. Since then my cookies keeps on being automatically deleted approximately once a week! [Never had this problem in IE9]
Although I haven't changed any settings to my Norton Internet security, I thought it might be the problem. So I disable delete tracking cookies option in Norton yet the problem continued!

Does anyone have the same problem? Is there any solution out there?

Thanks guys.

A:Internet Explorer 10 and automatic cookies delete

The only default setting to overwrite anything in temp files set at 20 days,
Cookies do not apply to that setting,
I'd contact Norton for assistance because as far as I know ie10 is no different than prior versions it retains cookies as long as a user allows it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/285396-internet-explorer-10-automatic-cookies-delete.html
Relevancy 41.71%

When I startup my computer I may as well turn off, then on, my router. That seems to reset things as to my computer. I then have to click on the airplane icon (which just appeared recently, I think after the last update). That allows me to click "connect" to my router.

Otherwise, it's a hassle -- IP address conflicts, mainly.

This problem may have been exaserbated by my switch a few months ago, from DirecTV to DISH network.

It would be nice if things were automatic like the Windows 7 days.

Len

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/50049-internet-connection-not-automatic-since-update-win7.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I use Vista Home Premium bit and I want to install Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer at http www microsoft com downloads d displaylang en I also checked out this page at We know IE How to set IE Blocker policy for the step by step guide to install it But in Vista Home Premium bit I cannot open the Group Policy 8 Internet Toolkit to Explorer Automatic Delivery Disable of Editor When I type GPEDIT MSC from start Run and then hit the Enter key the error message says soemthing like GPEDIT MSC does not exists Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 8 After I downloaded the Toolkit I Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 8 run the IE BlockerToolkit EXE and it extracted files IE Blocker adm IE Blocker cmd IE BlockerHelp htm IE BlockerHelp-GPFilteringDialog jpg I double clicked on IE Blocker cmd and then I cannot proceeed to the next step to setup the IE Blocker Template IE Blocker adm May I ask if anyone can shed some light on this How can I install this Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer in Vista Home Premium bit properly Many thanks in advance you help is much appreciated

A:Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 8

Hmmm I am using IE8 and I have to say it is much better then IE7, and the in-private browser and malware/cookie blocking filters are nice. I have no issues with any website browsing, and If I do run into some that are not compatable with 8, I just click the compatability mode. Web slices are nice, and auto update themselves. IE8 is much more secure, and a provides a better internet experience IMO.

Originally Posted by elmo222

Hi, I use Vista Home Premium 32bit and I want to install Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 8 at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=21687628-5806-4ba6-9e4e-8e224ec6dd8c&displaylang=en

I also checked out this page at We know IE! : How to set IE 8 Blocker policy for the step by step guide to install it. But in Vista Home Premium 32 bit, I cannot open the Group Policy Editor. When I type GPEDIT.MSC from start\Run and then hit the Enter key, the error message says soemthing like GPEDIT.MSC does not exists.

After I downloaded the Toolkit, I run the IE8BlockerToolkit.EXE and it extracted 4 files:

IE80Blocker.adm
IE80Blocker.cmd
IE80BlockerHelp.htm
IE80BlockerHelp-GPFilteringDialog.jpg

I double clicked on IE80Blocker.cmd and then I cannot proceeed to the next step to setup the IE8 Blocker Template (IE80Blocker.adm) May I ask if anyone can shed some light on this? How can I install this Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 8 in Vista Home Premium 32 bit properly? Many thanks in advance, you help is much appreciated.

Premium/Basic do not have group editor(gpedit) or security policy(secpol) utilities available. Therefore you cannot add the .ADM template through gpedit.

If you want to prevent IE8 install why not just set your Windows update to "manual download/install" of available updates? That way you can "hide" the IE8 update, and it will be like it was never available. (I did that with language packs).

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/216354-toolkit-disable-automatic-delivery-internet-explorer-8-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Please help I have a Dell laptop with XP SP that I restored to factory settings as it kept hanging Since I done this over a month ago I cannot connect wirelessly however the laptop did work with the ethernet cable However from today I can t even go online using the ethernet cable No Internet address/static or automatic connection no Solved: IP as it is constantly acquiring the IP address My router is a Netgear DG G Now the old Toshiba I am using to type this works with the Ethernet cable there s no wireless adapter on this but another laptop in the house works wirelessly fine so I know it s not the Solved: No Internet connection no IP address/static or automatic router This is what I have done so far Update Dell drivers IPCONFIG renew release Flush Disable firewall Reset router DCHP are all ticked to automatic WLAN adapter working fine Services are set to started automatic Mac addresses are in the router for wireless networking Ticked acquire IP address automatically but just times out after several attempts If I assign a static IP address I am connected excellent etc but I can t connect as web page not available The laptop is sending packets but receiving nothing I have used this laptop wirelessly for the past years and using the same router so what is causing this Any more suggestion much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

After automatic online updates by MS the system was automatically set offline by MS!

Notes:
a) hardware is ok - verified by other OS
b) network connections were ok during automatic update and are still ok verified by other OS systems
c) the automatic update is the only change in the software
d) the only message was from MS browser "we are sorry you are not connected to Internet"!

Questions:

(1/5) What can be done ?

(2/5) Windows 10 advices to use online support in the situation MS update set PC offline, why ?

(3/5) How can one use online support after having forced to offline ?

(4/5) Is there any way to prevent Microsoft update to modify network drivers / drivers is general ?

(5/5) Why did the update by MS set the system offline after having completed its operations!

A:Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic

Had same problem. Connected with an Ethernet cable to router and Fios tech guys tried to fix problem. A lot of people on this forum tried to help with different solutions but I finally had to go back to Windows 7.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37278-unable-connect-internet-after-automatic-online-update-mic.html
Relevancy 41.28%

After automatic online updates by MS the system was automatically set offline by MS!

Notes:
a) hardware is ok - verified by other OS
b) network connections were ok during automatic update and are still ok verified by other OS systems
c) the automatic update is the only change in the software
d) the only message was from MS browser "we are sorry you are not connected to Internet"!

Questions:

(1/5) What can be done ?

(2/5) Windows 10 advices to use online support in the situation MS update set PC offline, why ?

(3/5) How can one use online support after having forced to offline ?

(4/5) Is there any way to prevent Microsoft update to modify network drivers / drivers is general ?

(5/5) Why did the update by MS set the system offline after having completed its operations!

A:Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic

Had same problem. Connected with an Ethernet cable to router and Fios tech guys tried to fix problem. A lot of people on this forum tried to help with different solutions but I finally had to go back to Windows 7.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37278-unable-connect-internet-after-automatic-online-update-mic.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My laptop an Acer Aspire 5735Z automatically updated and now can get local access only so I am unable to access the internet. Have tried both with a wired and wireless connection but both only give me local access. Have tried to do a system restore to several days before the update, but was unable to get the system to reset to this point and just received a message saying 'an unknown error' would not let the system go back to the week before. If I try to restore to the update point will this restore to before or after the updates or will I need to uninstall each update individually? Being such a novice at this I am now uncertain as to where to go next.

A:Solved: Automatic updates installed and now cannot access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-automatic-updates-installed-and-now-cannot-access-the-internet.917782/
Relevancy 41.28%

I can t figure out the distinction between the quot Automatic quot and quot Permit All quot Internet All Permit Security Automatic vs. Norton in (Solved) internet access controls in NIS The Help index gives maybe five lines about Automatic and I can t find a single word that explains Permit All Half of the programs like IE and Norton have Automatic I think NIS made that decision because they already had those rights following the application scan I just left them like that Others like Real Network Kazaa have Permit All I selected that but realize now I don t understand the difference Can you tell me Also I signed up for a Real Player paid program over the weekend okay it was the live feeds for the CBS Big Brother TV show please don t make fun of me When I tried to access the feeds I got an alert saying a REMOTE computer from Real was trying to access MY computer threat level Low I said Permit and gave it Permit All permission (Solved) Automatic vs. Permit All in Norton Internet Security Was that a correct decision Because I DO want it to have permission just not sure what the distinction in access levels is nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

A client of mine has several computers running Windows 2000 and Windows XP. He wants all of them to be allowed to go out to the Internet for the purposes of checking for Windows updates, but otherwise block all outbound traffic heading for the Internet. There is need for internal Intranet connections so we can't have things like shared folders between computers on the LAN be blocked. Are there any free software firewalls out there that will do this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking Windows XP SP2's built-in firewall just might do the trick for this need, but for Windows 2000 I think I need to find 3rd party software; hopefully something free.

A:Solved: Need a way to block Internet access, but allow Windows Automatic Updates

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-a-way-to-block-internet-access-but-allow-windows-automatic-updates.793363/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I recently got a computer, updates disabled slow to connect Can't internet, automatic virus on my computer one of those fake Antivirus programs that pops up I restarted my computer in Safe Mode and ran Malwarebytes and a scan with Can't connect to internet, slow computer, automatic updates disabled ESET I think I got rid of the virus because there is no longer anything popping up but my computer is now running unusually slowly especially during startup cannot connect to the internet either wirelessly or through a cable it gets stuck on quot Acquiring network address and my Windows Automatic Updates has been turned off and will not allow me to enable it Here are the viruses that my Malwarebytes scan removed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Service Pack Safe Mode Internet Explorer PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Objects Can't connect to internet, slow computer, automatic updates disabled scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Clients StartMenuInternet FIREFOX EXE shell open command default Hijack StartMenuInternet - gt Bad quot C Documents and Settings Craig Local Settings Application Data lga exe quot -a quot C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe quot Good firefox exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Clients StartMenuInternet FIREFOX EXE shell safemode command default Hijack StartMenuInternet - gt Bad quot C Documents and Settings Craig Local Settings Application Data lga exe quot -a quot C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe quot -safe-mode Good firefox exe -safe-mode - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Clients StartMenuInternet IEXPLORE EXE shell open command default Hijack StartMenuInternet - gt Bad quot C Documents and Settings Craig Local Settings Application Data lga exe quot -a quot C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe quot Good iexplore exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center AntiVirusDisableNotify PUM Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center FirewallDisableNotify PUM Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center UpdatesDisableNotify PUM Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected c documents and settings Craig local settings application data lga exe Trojan ExeShell Gen - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Thanks a lot for any help you can give me with this Craig

A:Can't connect to internet, slow computer, automatic updates disabled

Hello Craig and welcome.Did ESET find anything?The ESET Online Scanner saves a log file after running, which can be examined or sent in to ESET for further analysis. The path to the log file is "C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt". You can view this file by navigating to the directory and double-clicking it in Windows Explorer, or by copying and pasting the path specification above (including the quotation marks) into the Start >> Run dialog box from the Start Menu on the desktop.Lets see if we can connect amd get some scan logs to review.If this fails .. You can knstall these tools to a Flash drive or CD and run them off that.Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Now check if the internet is working again.ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.If needed : type these one line at a time, press enter after each line. See if it works after each.netsh interface ipv4 reset netsh interface ipv6 reset ipconfig /flushdns WIN7.. Please Download this file, Click Me Right-click on winsockfix.bat and click on Run as Administrator.>>>>>>>Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Devices List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432494/cant-connect-to-internet-slow-computer-automatic-updates-disabled/
Relevancy 40.85%

Version of IE - Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0

Operating System - Windows XP SP2

What you have tried - Manually reentering the script location

What the problem is - Automatic Configuration Script randomly drops out of Internet Explorer

Give detail explaining your problem - The Automatic Configuration Script checkbox is ticked and the path to the script has been entered however it randomly drops off on some PCs/laptops sometimes and then the users are unable to browse on the Internet. Manually reentering the details temporarily resolves the issue but the the entries have still been known to drop off afterwards. This is extremely annoying especially on remote PCs. If this has happened to anyone before, any information would be greatly appreciated.

A:Automatic Configuration Script randomly drops out of Internet Explorer

I too starting experiencing this very issue, but I didn't see any answers to this issue. Does anyone know what's causing this, and how to fix it?

Would greatly appreciate it!

Keith

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/automatic-configuration-script-randomly-drops-out-of-internet-explorer-253774.html
Relevancy 40.42%

not sure which section this pertains to specifically but quot drivers quot seems close enough issue i recently upgraded to automatic and/or detection driver automatic Disable hardware install an sli graphics configuration since upgrading my previous method of avoiding the TDR driver crash has stopped working known fix that i can't get to work anymore when running a single gpu i Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install could disable and uninstall the nvidia hd audio device then disable and uninstall the hd Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install audio controller under system devices problem solved no crashes after adding the second gpu Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install there are now two hd audio devices and two hd audio controllers upon disabling or uninstalling either controller the system automatically re-installs the hd audio devices previously uninstalled which in turn causes the hd audio controller to re-enable re-install itself to be clear all hd audio devices and hd audio controllers on my system must be disabled AND uninstalled to prevent TDR or since the upgrade full system freezes or restarts sli double TDR already tried it Drivers - Turn Off Automatic Driver Installation this tutorial does not stop automatic driver installation it just prevents the downloading of drivers from windows update tried it anyway no help How to Stop Windows From Detecting New Hardware eHow disabling automatic hardware detection as described here does not prevent automatic device recognition and driver re-installation safe mode does prevent the drivers from re-installing immediately however it also prevents most software from booting properly after uninstalling hd audio controllers in safe mode and rebooting windows promptly re-installs all uninstalled devices and controllers please help so is there any way to convince windows to stop being so quot helpful quot by re-installing these device drivers at boot or can windows be made to stop looking for uninstalled devices altogether thanks in advance

A:Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install

Disable this service:

UPnP Device Host

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/292188-disable-automatic-hardware-detection-automatic-driver-install.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Help...

Automatic Data Collection and Dashboard /Date Inputs are automatic. Metrics are predicated on the percent complete per month..

It is hard to explain, but the data accumulates hourly, daily, weekly, monthly quarterly, Simi annually and annually.

Some areas do not meet the % required for the month others do the dashboard should show that.

The dashboard should show each month the % complete and if it is on target.

Please see spreadsheet example, I can manage the most conditional formatting; I just need help to automate the process.
Thanks,
mrsmithexcels

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-data-collection-and-dashboard-date-inputs-are-automatic-492558.html
Relevancy 40.42%

This kind of problem I am seeing for the first time in my life without having a ending Search WMP launch of Automatic with shutdown automatic Windows and clue The pc is own by one of my friend First foolish thing he did was to put some customized xp into his computer Suddenly today morning he started to scream on phone about this problem I am not able to see the desktop The problem is whenever the computer starts windows media player starts up along with search windows one contain no search item another contain quot quot in Automatic launch of Windows Search and WMP ending with automatic shutdown the search item another contain quot quot as search contain the string may be different I can t remember exactly Closing one of them shutting down the system completely No restart It is like someone is opening a search box in front of me and typing the search string The problem was occurring even internet not connected While shutting down sometime it showed quot some no of users are connected shutting down will cause problem quot like that zombie system So I instructed to remove windows xp format c and install windows from original disk Much of my surprise just after installation it started showing the same symptom Internet was not connected After set up with internet I connect it via teamviewer check msconfig -- only one entry was there google update chorme was installed -- I check the processes no suspicious process was running -- There is no autorun inf file in any of the drive There was no pattern of the incident sometime click on my computer open those three windows sometime not Some time it just open up when everything is idle Sometime double click of exe s trigger this It sometime it just like flood of opening those four windows Sometime while I type any weburl it start typing that automatically I need some help Guide me if more information is needed

A:Automatic launch of Windows Search and WMP ending with automatic shutdown

Let's get some more info and go from there.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disabl... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424695/automatic-launch-of-windows-search-and-wmp-ending-with-automatic-shutdown/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all Does setting Windows Updates to quot notify for download and notify for install quot via GP edit also Driver? include automatic automatic Device Updates Win disabling Does disable Device Driver automatic installation Or does disabling automatic device driver installation need to be configured separately If the latter separate setting is Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver? it advisable to do so despite the ominous warning from M that quot your device may not work as expected quot I followed Brink's characteristically excellent tutorial for GP edit here Windows Update Automatic Updates - Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver? Enable or Disable in Windows to quot notify for download and notify for install quot Thanks for that So my questions center on whether doing so will also prevent automatic device driver installation or whether I need to and or should configure that setting separately M 's ominous warning seems to be strongly discouraging users from disabling automatic device driver updates and quot realistic icons quot For my OEM XP Vista and systems I have always gotten drivers -- WHEN NEEDED -- from the OEM not via Windows Update as the OEMs historically have done a better job than M in offering the needed drivers for their computers Is that still true under Win Assuming that disabling automatic Windows Updates does NOT also disable automatic device driver updates should I disable automatic device driver installation on this OEM Win box TIA MM

A:Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver?

Hello MM,

That will stop drivers from automatically being installed in Windows Update, but won't stop drivers from being available in Windows Update.

If you don't want drivers to be available in Windows Update, then you can disable this using the tutorial below. If disabled, you'll have to manually update (download and install) your drivers from the manufacturer.

Driver Updates in Windows Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 10driver-updates-windows-update-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

The first tutorial below you posted will turn on/off automatic installation of drivers for devices. However, I would recommend to also disable automatic updates in the second tutorial below to be safe.

Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/56958-does-disabling-automatic-win-updates-include-automatic-device-driver.html
Relevancy 40.42%

sorry i'm a newb this my first ever hijackthis usage so please pardon me if i'm a Other Slow, Connection Automatic Internet At And Pop Up Computer Ups, Popups Winantivirus Start bit slow i got this msn spyware a few days ago and since then used avg free windows defender adare free and spybot search destroy to try and get rid of it all but i j cant get rid of this problem that my internet connects automatically and i get like pop ups every secs ofwinantivirus and other stuff thanks for the timeheres my hijack this log Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS Winantivirus Popups And Other Pop Ups, Computer Slow, Automatic Internet Connection At Start Up system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system Winantivirus Popups And Other Pop Ups, Computer Slow, Automatic Internet Connection At Start Up services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System Winantivirus Popups And Other Pop Ups, Computer Slow, Automatic Internet Connection At Start Up svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exeC Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIBGE EXEC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIBGE EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk ig hl enR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www tiscali co uk broadbandR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www security k net search php qq R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www security k net search php qq R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www security k net search php qq R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllF - REG win ini load C WINDOWS system israhst csrss exeF - REG win ini run C WINDOWS system israhst csrss exeO - Hosts free grisoft comO - Hosts housecall trendmicro comO - Hosts usa kaspersky comO - Hosts ewido netO - Hosts zonelabs comO - Hosts www zonelabs comO - Hosts bitdefender comO - Hosts www bitdefender comO - Hosts download bitdefender comO - Hosts upgrade bitdefender comO - Hosts spywareinfo comO - Hosts www spywareinfo comO - Hosts merijn orgO - Hosts www merijn orgO - Hosts sysinternals comO - Hosts www sysinternals comO - Hosts onguardonline govO - Hosts www onguardonline govO - Hosts avast comO - Hosts www avast comO - Hosts safety live comO - Hosts www paretologic comO - Hosts paretologic comO - Hosts services google comO - Hosts www webroot comO - Hosts webroot comO - Toolbar no name - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - no file O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dllO - Tool... Read more

A:Winantivirus Popups And Other Pop Ups, Computer Slow, Automatic Internet Connection At Start Up

Hello,Your are dealing with several nasty infections..* Download: HostsXpertUnzip hoster to an own folder, eg C:\HostsXpert Start HostsExpert.exe, click 'Restore Original Hosts' and click OK. Then, * Download Combofix to your desktop.Doubleclick combofix.exeFollow the prompts.Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.When finished and after reboot (in case it asks to reboot), combofix will open again to gather the necessary information for the log. This may take a bit. When done, Combofix will close and a log should open, combofix.txt. Post the contents of this log in your next reply together with a new hijackthislog.Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt - unless I ask you to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98016/winantivirus-popups-and-other-pop-ups-computer-slow-automatic-internet-connection-at-start-up/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I'm not a computer wiz but I have my bro assisting me as much as he can Got a virus or something three days ago Symptoms are changing everyday Mozilla would crash instantly on being opened a popup on Internet Explorer every seconds Automatic windows updates were turned off and i have not been able Crashes, Automatic Mozilla be turned etc. Internet can't Explorer Updates Popups, on, to turn them back on since my internet speed slowed to a crawl i cannot check this site on my computer have to use my brother's whole household has noticed their internet has slowed Mozilla Crashes, Internet Explorer Popups, Automatic Updates can't be turned on, etc. down slightly as well I installed Stopzilla Ad-Aware Avast Anti-Virus and they helped a little But now i cant even open task manager i get a message saying quot Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator quot my desktop background has changed to a blue screen with a link to some site and i get popups from my toolbar saying i have spyware and regular pop ups every now and then saying i have spyware I also ust found out my computer wont let me delete anything off of it and that I should check that there is disk space or something DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Michael at on Tue Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C WINDOWS system uesiuqcr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files ContentWatch Internet Protection cwtray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Program Files ContentWatch Internet Protection cwsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe c WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C program files steam steam exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Gaim gaim exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe Updater AdobeUpdater exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings Michael Desktop dds scr Psuedo HJT Report mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe c windows system uesiuqcr exe BHO - - ED -A F- F AFC - c windows system ljJDVMDW dll BHO BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO DB - - A - B-FC E F FA - c windows system rqRHaxwV dll BHO c a e a-e - e -acb - d d e - c windows system ctgzns dll uRun Creative Detector quot c program files creative mediasource detector CTDetect exe quot R uRun NVIDIA nTune quot c program files nvidia corporation ntune nTuneCmd exe quot clear uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silent mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun UpdReg c windows UpdReg EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files ad... Read more

A:Mozilla Crashes, Internet Explorer Popups, Automatic Updates can't be turned on, etc.

Hi,

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running combofix:

Note: After downloading, make sure you rename combofix.exe to combo-fix.exe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/mozilla-crashes-internet-explorer-popups-automatic-updates-cant-be-turned-on-etc-316939.html
Relevancy 39.56%

How do I prevent Automatic restarts after important updates? I want my computer to be updated when theres an important update. I want to be told my computer was updated and needs to be restarted.

I was in the middle of something important tonight before I passed out on the couch. I woke up and my computer restarted without saving

A:Automatic Updates & Stopping Automatic Restarts

Just go into the Windows update control panel and turn off Automatic updates then set it so you control when the updates are installed which gives you the reboot option instead of doing it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62627-automatic-updates-stopping-automatic-restarts.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I am a technical support engineer and  i know its an old question but even after 3 days of searching for the solution i could not find the answer. we use a proxy script (lets assume its www.xyz.cgi) to access non intranet sites. but in some computers
we dont have connections tab in internet explorer settings due to restrictions. is it possible to enable that use automatic configuration script option without having the connection tab? i know we can set the proxy server from registry key "auto config
URL" key. but there is no registry key to disable the "automatically detect settings" and enable the second checkbox.

http://fud.community.services.support.microsoft.com/Fud/FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=b93eb804-8db1-4956-9530-a6e6078c2bcf

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d8a5758b-cd25-41cd-be0c-d4b7d42e863a/can-anyone-tell-me-how-to-enable-internet-explorer-use-automatic-configuration-script-option-from?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi Contrarily to previous Windows versions the user can no longer decide when and how to update Windows but the OS does it all by itself - at any time and unasked for This occasions unexpected automatic updates other and of to automatic annoyances How get rid and unwanted machine How to get rid of automatic updates and other automatic annoyances slowdowns - sometimes at startup sometimes at closing down sometimes in the middle of a session In my view a most annoying and disturbing interference in my normal workflow So is there any way or tweak to take Windows Updates in hands again on that level This is not the only occurrence where Windows takes things in hands Indeed despite countless telephones to Microsoft there is no way to prevent it from associating everyday graphic files like for example jpg gif png and more with its own clunky quot Photos quot utility or send pdf files to its own and even more clunky quot Edge quot - instead of opening these files to the programs or utilities one has How to get rid of automatic updates and other automatic annoyances decided to associate them with Trying to associate these via Settings helps nothing at all or just for a moment or if one is in luck for a whole session But invariably Windows reverts to its own quot choices quot The only solution How to get rid of automatic updates and other automatic annoyances Microsoft could offer was to do a clean re-install of Windows I don't call this a solution but just plain amateurism So if anyone knows how to get rid of these - with the update annoyance in the first place because for the other ones I can still workaround via quot open with quot whereas my hands are tied with those updates Thanks haku

A:How to get rid of automatic updates and other automatic annoyances

Hello haku,

Since you have Windows 10 Home, OPTION FOUR in the tutorial below may be your best option to disable automatic updates in Windows Update.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/42873-how-get-rid-automatic-updates-other-automatic-annoyances.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi Contrarily to previous Windows versions the user can no longer decide when and how to update Windows but the OS does it all by itself - at any time and unasked for This occasions unexpected and unwanted machine slowdowns - sometimes at startup sometimes at closing down sometimes in the middle of a session In my view a most annoying and disturbing interference in my normal workflow So is there any way or tweak to take Windows Updates get automatic annoyances to other How automatic and updates rid of in hands again on that level This is not the only occurrence where Windows takes things in hands Indeed despite countless telephones to Microsoft there is no way to prevent it from associating everyday graphic files like for example jpg gif png and more with its own clunky quot Photos quot utility or send pdf files to its own and even more clunky quot Edge quot - instead of How to get rid of automatic updates and other automatic annoyances opening these files to the programs or utilities one has decided to associate them with Trying to associate these via Settings helps nothing at all or just for a moment or if one is in luck for a whole session But invariably Windows reverts to its own quot choices quot The only solution Microsoft could offer was to do a clean re-install of Windows I don't call this a solution but just plain amateurism So if anyone knows how to get rid of these - with the update annoyance in the first place because for the other How to get rid of automatic updates and other automatic annoyances ones I can still workaround via quot open with quot whereas my hands are tied with those updates How to get rid of automatic updates and other automatic annoyances Thanks haku

A:How to get rid of automatic updates and other automatic annoyances

Hello haku,

Since you have Windows 10 Home, OPTION FOUR in the tutorial below may be your best option to disable automatic updates in Windows Update.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/42873-how-get-rid-automatic-updates-other-automatic-annoyances.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I'm a system admin full of users that don't bother to install the windows patches and updates. Well I've setup the desktops to automatically check, download, and install the updates.

Does this only check at the time specified?

Does it only download critical updates? windows updates? drivers?

Does it prompt the user when it's downloading and installing? Does it force them to restart their machines?

A:windows automatic updates isn't so automatic

If you're talking about Auto Updates in XP, then you can specify an exact time for the updater to check and download and install the updates. RIGHT click My Computer/Auto Update Tab. Otherwise, depending on the internet connection, update looks only once a day I believe. ONLY critical updates are brought down, you must visit the site for driver and other updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-updates-isnt-so-automatic.109191/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello everyone I have searched around a bit to see if others have ran into this problem but I have had no luck so far When I start my computer it pops up with the standard menu it uses when an OS error has caused a restart choose Restart Unless Boot Restart",,,, on Automatic Automatic "Disable I I can t get it too load windows using safe mode last known good configuration or normal mode I never even see the windows loading screen it restarts immediately Here is what I have tried I ran a check disk using the recovery console but it did not fix the problem I manually backed up the SYSTEM SAM DEFAULT SECURITY and SOFTWARE files from Automatic Restart on Boot Unless I choose "Disable Automatic Restart",,,, the root windows system config folder I then replaced those files with ones from a few days ago located in the root system volume information folder It did not fix my problem I m about to re-install windows when I decide to press f on boot and disable automatic restarts on system failure just to see if I m missing some sort of BSOD Windows completely loaded without any problems This confused me so I reversed the actions I took in step above just to see whether it would boot with the original files as long as I chose quot Disable Automatic Restarts on System Failure quot It loaded windows without a problem I restarted to see whether it would boot normally or not Again it wouldn t load windows with any options other than the quot Disable automatic restarts on system failure quot option At this point I m pretty confused Could the Automatic Restart on Boot Unless I choose "Disable Automatic Restart",,,, OS be mistaking an error and automatically restarting for no reason That is the only logical reason I can think of as to why windows will load only when using the disable automatic restarts option I have never ran across such a crazy thing Any ideas Thanks guys Jake EDIT The OS Windows XP Pro SP nbsp

A:Automatic Restart on Boot Unless I choose "Disable Automatic Restart",,,,

Any ideas? I can just re-install, but I want to figure this out. It seems so odd to me. Thanks!

Jake

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-restart-on-boot-unless-i-choose-disable-automatic-restart.852138/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi All,

I need any command or suggestions, in this case I just want to make schedule for automatic startup/on my computer and also it can be shutdown automaticly too, it's to be posible ?? maybe somebody know how to do it right which like any software or hardware, please I need somebody reply as sson as You can

Thanks,
avess

A:Automatic On

Ok, I had to check to make sure i remembered it. In the BIOS of the computer is an Auto-On Feature. Enabling this will allow for a time to be set up. Depending on your PC, teh way to get into the BIOS differs. DELL PCs usually use F1 or F2, believe the standard is the DEL button. When your PC boots, it'll usually give you the BIOS or "setup" option. I can't really tell you where the Auto-on option is in the BIOS, it differs where it is on each PC.

As for Auto off... I don't really know of any... i''ll see if I can find one for ya.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/19054/automatic-on/
Relevancy 28.38%

when I try to log onto windows, after I enter my password I am automatically logged off. Can anybody help me please?

A:automatic log off

Hi katmolburke31, welcome to TSF..

are you able to logon using Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-log-off-339609.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello,

My computerhas Automatic.SOS

I think I have infected a few others also by transfering USB drives and Word docs.

I was wondering how bad the Automatic.SOS is and how do i get rid of it. I have been trying and trying without sucsess.

It has also infected my USB drives and my camera SD card - Do i have to throw them out?

ALSO..I have a brand new ipod - if I start downloading songs will it become infected????
Please help!!!!

Thanks

A:Automatic.SOS

Remove the USB devices for now. We'll deal with those in a while.--------------------------------Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185925/automaticsos/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have cleaned my hard drive with every recommended program and I cannot automatic rid up pop ads get of Can't get rid of these microsoft internet explorer pop ups EXAMPLE You have won an Apex DVD Player Plays DVDs and MP CDs as well as read JPEGs Delivers all lines of DVD resolution Remote Control Included Compatible with DVD-Rs DVD Rs and DVD RWs Click Here to Claim your Free DVD Player Hurry This offer ends Sept I have used Hijack and the folowing registry log was created Would you review and let me know if I should remove one of these to solve my problem Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Can't get rid of automatic pop up ads Dantz Retrospect retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c program files timbuktu pro tb launch exe c program files timbuktu pro tb pro exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Music Server SSSvr exe C Program Files Sony Photo Server appsrv PicAppSrv exe C Program Files Sony giga pocket GPVSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform sv httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Common Can't get rid of automatic pop up ads Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform UPnPFramework exe c program files timbuktu pro TNOTIFY EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS htpatch exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C WINDOWS System WScript exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe Can't get rid of automatic pop up ads C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C program files timbuktu pro tb logon exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS ComboButton exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files SpyBlast SpyBlast exe C Program Files sony giga pocket usbsircs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet d series Bin hpoojd exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files WLAN IEEE b Wlreless LAN WlanMonitor exe C Program Files Sony giga pocket ReserveModule exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Action Setup VAServ exe c progra Support com client bin tgcmd exe C Program Files sony giga pocket gps exe C PROGRA Sony GIGAPO Sgpcom exe C PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System hpoipm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Jeanine Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Shellnext http clinic mcafee com clinic vso en-us vso setexp asp register yes amp oemid - R - URLSearchHook no name - D DFF D -B B- -B - C C C B - no file O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files No... Read more

Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is any software out there or documentation about getting exe's to run automatically, so there is no pause for accept agreement, put in you email etc,

i want to give an exe i have to total non IT people so they can double click and be done with it.

Best regards

A:Automatic exe's

Microsoft IExpress will do that.
However,sending .exe files to non-tech people is exactly what cyber criminals would do.You should make it very clear to these people what it is.
You should also warn them that clicking on .exe files in an email is normally a very bad thing to do.:evil:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/automatic-exes.158501/
Relevancy 28.38%

Is there a way in Windows 2000 that I can have the pc automaticaly log me off if I am not there?

A:Automatic Log off

Go to control panel and power options. You can set your computer to go on Standby after a certain amout of time has passed without using it, then you can click on Advanced and click the box for "Prompt for password when computer goes off standby" Is that what you are looking for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-log-off.142774/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,I have installed windows 10 in my Inspiron 15 3542.When I shutdown the computer, sometimes the fan keeps running till the battery drains out.
Then I have to keep pressing power button and power off the laptop.Previously I had Windows 8.1 and no issues at all.Any healpful ideas guys?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994682
Relevancy 28.38%

I share this desktop with my family and after using the Compaq QuickRestore it now logs on to the owners account, untill i deleted it, and now and message pop ups and still trys to log on to it.

How do I tunr off the auto Login?

A:Automatic Log on :(

You can do so through the registry but there is another way with a small Microsoft tweaking utility called TweakUI
Download and install TweakUI from here. You can find it on the right side in the list. Don't get the "Itanium-based" one, get the one above it.
After its installed, launch it from "Powertoys For Windows XP" from the start menu.
Find "Logon" in the list, press the plus symbol to expand it and highlight "Autologon"
Uncheck the box that says "Logon automatically at system startup" and then click the "Apply" button. Reboot if needed.

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-log-on.456279/
Relevancy 28.38%

In addition to my other thread (Important-Potential ...etc), i have another laptop (HP Pavilion) which i ran the virus scan on, now i rebooted it, after it starts up it asks me for a login password as it has "hp" as a user name & i never set any users on tyhat laptop before or any password protection, anyways, i click OK and it proceeds, right before windows starts up, it automatically logs me off and goes back to the "Log ON to Windows" screen, i tried rebooting from safe mode & it did the same procedure...so i practically cant use my HP now...any ideas?

help is much appreciated!

A:Automatic Log off

Format and reinstall, we are not permitted to help bypass passwords

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-log-off-212518.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Sorry if this has been asked before; I couldn't find any help through the search function, & Google led me to a bunch of other forums that only let me see the supposed answer if I created an account with them.

Yesterday I upgraded to XP service pack 2 (about time, I know). Now, whenever I leave the computer for awhile, I am automatically logged off. I read somewhere that doing a right-click on the desktop, then properties > screen saver would lead me to a box I can uncheck. Thing is, I don't have a screen saver enabled, so the box is already unchecked. I also tried Power Options in the Control Panel, and nothing is set to sleep or shut down or hibernate or anything.

This wouldn't be such a big deal, if I didn't have thousands of songs that needed syncing to an iPod, which takes hours!

Help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-log-off.784427/
Relevancy 28.38%

When I get to the blue login screen before I had this problem it would just say Welcome and load the desktop. Now, when I get there, there is just the button you press on your username to go to the desktop. When I press on it, it says Loading Settings, etc. and then it says Log Off. It didn't even get to the desktop yet, just instantly says Log Off after Loading Settings. I tried starting in Safe Mode but it still does the same if I try to login with Administrator.

A:Automatic Log Off

Check that your Event logs are not full using Safe Mode: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;313322

Check that Fast User Switching is not the issue: http://www.exodus-dev.com/techtips/w...n_problems.htm

You could be throwing and error during logon: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162031/EN-US/

Your Userinit setting is missing. Some adware scanners can cause this: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index...ic=43115&st=40

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-log-off-115889.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Helow everybody. I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate ,with Intel Wirless adaptor and an Marvel Ethernet adaptor. i have problems getting automatic Ip on the wireless while on the enthernet dhcp works fine. If i am gonna put automatic Ip and Dns in the wireless adaptor just can't get the right Ips. ( it says that has an Ip of 169.254.x.x bla bla which means that dhcp doens't work. If i am goona put manual Ip's things are fine. I have Internet and i see all the other Pc's in my netowrk.
Dhcp and Dns Services are automatic and running in the windows 7 Services. Also my Router one Cisco-Linksys has been set for Dhcp Server --> Enable. I don't have any idea what could be the problem sicnce the enthernet connection works fine with Dhcp and Automatic Ip's.
Any Help?
Thank You.

A:Can't Get Automatic Ip.

Before we can pinpoint your problem here are some questions that I have.

Have reloaded the router?

Sometimes these things can locked up sometimes...just reload it by unplugging it for 30 seconds or so.

Also what is between the router and the computer? (Do you have a switch or other device?)

Do you have any other computers in your network that connect to the same router? wired or wireless Do they work?

Is the computer that is having issues wired or wireless?

Have you restarted the PC? (If not try restarting it and see if the network comes back)

Ryan

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115730-cant-get-automatic-ip.html
Relevancy 28.38%

in the morning i wake up and my pc is on and i dont know why

A:My PC goes automatic on

Hello Jordi,

You can check to see what the lastwake cause was using STEP FOUR in the tutorial below. Usually, the cause is STEP SIX with the network adapter set to "Allow this device to wake the computer".

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/88062-my-pc-goes-automatic.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Recently and now more frequently there has been un-usual automatic logg off on every users pc in our domain. The users pc gets

logged off and goes back to the login window where it says " the administrator has logged in and only an administrator can login"

Then the user can login back again and is asked with a confirmation window if you would like to loggin again and end the

administrators session. The login is successfull and maybe after 15 minutes or so the system logs off again and the cycle repeats

as long as the user wants to log in again.

This has infected the whole domain users. So far, i've cleaned the pc with all possible scanners and has cleaned the pc but has

not resolved this issue.

What can i do to save the domain ? i will post the pics latter when i encounter the same again.

thanks in advance.

A:Automatic log off

Recently and now more frequently there has been unusual automatic log off on every users PC in our domain. The users PC gets logged off and goes back to the log-in window where it says " the administrator has logged in and only an administrator can log-in"

Then the user can log-in back again and is asked with a confirmation window if you would like to log-in again and end the administrators session. The log-in is successful and maybe after 15 minutes or so the system logs off again and the cycle repeats as long as the user wants to log in again.

This has infected the whole domain users. So far, I've cleaned the PC with all possible scanners and has cleaned the PC but has not resolved this issue.

What can i do to save the domain ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461409/automatic-log-off/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi My computer with XP Home used to log on automatically no password needed just with on Help log automatic start PC and windows would open on its own I don't know what exactly happened but now it always wants a password I am the only Help with automatic log on one using this computer and when the log on screen comes up it says quot the Help with automatic log on system could not log you on Make sure your user name and domain are correct then type your password again quot I press the OK button and it continues to my name and icon WITHOUT putting in a password--then I have to click on my name for my settings to load I tried changing user accounts and there it lists the users as quot Peter quot that's me and quot Guest quot and it says that quot Guest quot is turned off I can't find a solution there I then tried Run-control userpasswords and the quot users must enter a name and password quot box is UNchecked It lists two user accounts quot Administrator quot and quot Peter quot yet both have a quot group quot listing as Administrators When I get the details of those accounts both are checked as administrator I need some help I just want to turn on my PC when I get here to my studio and do a few other things while Windows turns on Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks Peter

A:Help with automatic log on

Have you tried going into the user accounts section of the control panel and select "change the way users log on and off" and tell it to use the welcome screen?

Administrator is a basic account on all xp machines, you can rename it, but you can't get rid of it (anymore - you used to be able to)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-automatic-log-on-46441.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello Everyone,
Whenever i search for any website in google and click on one of the items on the returned search list,the browser redirects me automatically to a different page,which is not the url of the clicked item.
Please help!!
I have scanned my laptop using norton full scan as well as using yahoo spyware ful scan,neither have solved the problem.

A:Automatic redirect

Hi,Welcome here. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195872/automatic-redirect/
Relevancy 27.95%

active update screen pops up and blocks part of the screen how can i control this update ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-automatic-update.552416/
Relevancy 27.95%

Every time I start up my laptop (on Windows XP) programmes start up without my activating them
- Real Player (which I just cancel)
- AOL registration (which won't go away until I've gone on to internet or cancelled it about six times).
Where can I go (on the computer) to cancel these automatic start ups?
Thank you in advance

A:automatic start ups

Click on Start the Run and type in MSCONFIG and hit OK.
Click on the Startup tab.
Uncheck anything you don't want to startup.
Click OK
Click Restart.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-start-ups-16836.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Tried to search for this topic twice but got this: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 75497472 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/tsf/public_html/search.php on line 1028

How do you set Windows XP(do not have SP3) to automatically log off a user after a set amount of idle time has passed.

I have checked the Local Security Settings and the 'Microsoft Network Server: Amount of idle time required before suspending session' setting is set to 15 minutes, but the user does not get logged out in 15 minutes. What's wrong?

A:Automatic soft log off

Hi RudyTivo,

just found this:
http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?t=274320

Have a look at the bottom post, it may be helpful

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-soft-log-off-293560.html
Relevancy 27.95%

For some reason, my computer blocks all automatic updates of all programs, such as ad-aware and AVG.

Some of them i can't manualy update

Any way to fix this?

A:No automatic updates

Check that your firewall isn't blocking them. You have to allow them through to get updates.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/182539-no-automatic-updates.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, is there any program that can automatically shut down all unnecessary programs, process...etc. when u run a game?. Or where can a user specify what to shut down after running games (programs) that he selected?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/172622-automatic-shut-down.html
Relevancy 27.95%

hi just wanna ask if i should turn quot automatic updates quot ON or choose quot download but ask when to install quot instead there are several updates already but i don t know which should i download and necessary because before got that quot nagware quot of Microsoft s genuine advantage notification blah blah which i got rid automatic updates.... of fortunately Im running using Windows XP SP just to inform you -windows XP Service Pack -windows Malicious Software Removal Tool -update for the Microsoft office system -update for office -update for office -security update for windows XP with Media Format Runtime -security update for windows XP with Media Format Runtime and -security update for windows XP -security update for the Microsoft office system -security update for Microsoft office system -security update for Microsoft Office Word -security update for Microsoft Office Excel -security update for Microsoft Office Publisher Others are for MS outlook office for SP and SP which i think i don t need or unnecessary for my system correct me if i m wrong which of those above are necessary for my system automatic updates.... so i can download and update my system if necessary thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 27.95%

On a friends computer I notice that in the task bar it shows that automatic updates is off, on clicking the pop up screen, it will not switch on but refers me to go to the control panel and switch it on there. This I have done, after restart the same red icon in the task bar to say automatic updates are off. I did remember to click apply in the control panel, which shows automatic updates as on. Never come across this before, can someone shed some light please?

A:Automatic updates

Can you try to check the service found in the Windows Services?
Click on start > run > type in services.msc then look for automatic updates.
Make sure the service status is started and the startup type is automatic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396699/automatic-updates/
Relevancy 27.95%

Anyone know how to stop the Automatic Balloon on startup stating Automatic Updates is switched off. I don't want to automatically Update and don't want the balloon telling me it is off every time I boot.

A:Automatic Updates

right click MY Computer > properties > automatic updates You can select from four choices there.

Sorry misread your post Try to right click th eballoon and se if you are given an option .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-updates.338517/
Relevancy 27.95%

my computer wont keep automatic updates turned on. it always shuts off

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-updates-334367.html
Relevancy 27.95%

I use Firefox, and am looking for a recommendation on a refresher. I use the website AESOP, which is for substitute teachers to find jobs on. However, you need to constantly click refresh so the new postings come up. Jobs go fast so they are not posted long, but I would like to use a program that would refresh fast and have an audible alert if a change appears to the page. I used a widget before, but now it is no longer compatible. Was looking at myrefresher.com. Any suggestions??

A:Automatic Refresher

Hi,

It appears that there is an add-on for just what you are looking for. Have a look at ReloadEvery.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/automatic-refresher-433445.html
Relevancy 27.95%

In my old job I used an Apple Mac. On there was a hugely useful feature, where you could tell the computer what time you wanted it to start up each morning. I didn't have to be there to press the 'on' switch - it just did it by itself and when I arrived at work the computer was already booted up and ready to go.

What I'm wondering is, does anything similar exist for PCs? I can't find anything in my current set-up (I'm running two PCs - one with XP, the other with 2K Pro). Is there anything about that I can download?

I just want the PC to start itself up before I get to work, so it can run through all the virus-checks etc. before I get there.

A:How can I set an automatic power-up?

If it is there, it is a BIOS option under the Power Saving settings. There are usually Wake-up options there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-set-an-automatic-power-up.331963/
Relevancy 27.95%

My yahoo mail Contact list has been confiscated by a message that reads hi gt gt New shopping dialer? Automatic new life gt gt How are u doing these days Yesterday I found a Automatic dialer? web of a large trading gt gt company from china which is an agent of all the well-known digital product gt gt factories and facing to both wholesalers retailsalers and personal customer gt gt all over the world They export all kinds of digital products and offer most gt gt competitive and reasonable price and high quality goods for our clients so i gt gt think we you make a big profit Automatic dialer? if we do business with them And they promise gt gt they will provide the best after-sales-service In my opinion we can make a gt gt trial order to test that gt gt Look forward to your early reply gt gt The Web address www stuffunion com gt gt E-mail stuffunion com gt gt MSN stuffunion live cn For three months I have searched for help Neither Yahoo or Microsoft can help me I have changed my yahoo password but my contacts are still receiving this message My computer has no virus It runs fast Vista using Avast antiviral software When it first happened I lost my Contacts but later found them in the Yahoo deleted file Hope you can help - this is embarrassing to me Liz

A:Automatic dialer?

Hello we should check for other malware. Please run MBAM:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.34) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213542/automatic-dialer/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi st time posting here My computer keeps shutting down mysteriously and im wondering if i have any spyware viruses that s causing the problem Also i tried fixing this a bit by trying to fix a rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPowerScheme Any tips on either one Thanks for the help if any Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE shutdowns? Automatic C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES ADAPTEC GOBACK GBPOLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLACSD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS BCMDMMSG EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C Automatic shutdowns? WINDOWS SYSTEM DEVLDR EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT HARDWARE MOUSE POINT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS GWHOTKEY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES ROXIO SHARED PROJECT SELECTOR PROJSELECTOR EXE C PROGRAM FILES ROXIO EASY CD CREATOR DRAGTODISC DRGTODSC EXE C PROGRAM FILES ROXIO EASY CD CREATOR AUDIOCENTRAL RXMON EXE Automatic shutdowns? C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SBLIVE AUDIOHQ AHQTB EXE C PROGRAM FILES ROXIO EASY CD CREATOR AUDIOCENTRAL PLAYLIST EXE C PROGRAM FILES LEXMARK SERIES LXBRBMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES LEXMARK SERIES LXBRKSK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLDIAL EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL AOL SPYWARE PROTECTION AOLSP SCHEDULER EXE C PROGRAM FILES LEXMARK SERIES LXBRBMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTFMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MICROSOFT SHARED WORKS SHARED WKCALREM EXE C PROGRAM FILES ADAPTEC GOBACK GBMENU EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE B WAOL EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE B SHELLMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE O - BHO HTML Source Editor - AE - A - D - EC- F E - C WINDOWS SYSTEM DREPLACE DLL O - BHO SearchHookObject Class - FD BC - - -B - FF C - C WINDOWS APPLICATION DATA SYSSI MSIESH DLL O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER IDMIECC DLL O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C PROGRAM FILES AOL TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run Norton Auto-Protect C PROGRA NORTON NAVAPW EXE LOADQUIET O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run BCMDMMSG BCMDMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Multi-function Keyboard GWHotKey exe O - HKLM Run projselector quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared Project Selector projselector exe quot -r O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioAudioCentral quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe quot O - HKLM Run Speed racer C Program Files Creative PlayCenter CTSRReg exe O - HKLM Run AudioHQ C Program Files Creative SBLive AudioHQ AHQTB EXE O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run System System exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run LexStart lexstart exe O - HKLM Run LXBRKsk C PROGRA LEXMAR LXBRKsk exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL AC... Read more

A:Automatic shutdowns?

You need to use the latest HJT 1.99.1
go to here and download 'Hijack This!' self extracter. double click on the file and it will self extract to C:\program files\hijackthis.
Go to that folder then doubleclick the Hijackthis.exe
Click the "Scan" button, when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.
Go to where you saved the log and click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply.
It will possibly show issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required,
so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-shutdowns.336765/
Relevancy 27.95%

OK I'm sure there is someone out there who has done this since there are plenty of websites with instructions on how to do it. I am trying to use scheduled tasks to run a defrag once a week. I created the task according to the following website:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ps/defrag.mspx

The task is set to run Wednesdays at 1:00 AM. I checked the computers today (Wednesday 8:00 AM) and it says the task has never ran. Is this because the computers were in stand-by or hibernate? Why is this task not running?

Andrew

A:Automatic Defrag

Are you sure you typed the password of the user correctly in the boxes? You must have a password for this to work.
Make sure "Run only if logged on" is not checked too

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-defrag-484400.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi I'm a newbie with Windows Vista and cannot figure out how to stop Windows Vista from Logging me out every seconds I'm coming from Windows where I can change the settings for the Log Secs 60 Off Every Automatic displays easy enough But unfortunately I'm not too savy on this new Windows Vista stuff Automatic Log Off Every 60 Secs I've found where to change to power settings but that isn't the problem The display is not asleep it just logs me off I know it's something simple feel kinda dumb to ask but it's driving me crazy and I can't seem to find the problem I bought the new computer at Sam's it was the last demo and they left the quot Sam's Club quot screensaver up can't change that either I thought I found out how but then as I'm logged in as the quot owner quot it tells me I can't change the settings unless I am the system administrator I thought the Owner WAS the systme administrator Can anybody help me Thanks in advance

A:Automatic Log Off Every 60 Secs

If it's anything like the Microsoft kiosk or the BestBuy kiosk, then it would probably be advisable to restore the computer to it's factory state using the restore disks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86391/automatic-log-off-every-60-secs/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello,

After countless hours searching online and into the depths of Vista, I've nearly given up. I cannot figure out how to disable the occurrence of Windows Vista Beta 2 automatically locking the computer after 10 minutes of inactivity. I've completely disabled any sleep features, and the option "require password after recovery from sleep", and nothing seems to do it.

In the process I've basically disabled every security feature present in this new OS, just out of shear desperation. I display presentations that may not have keyboard / mouse input for two hours, but the monitor is still being viewed. I do not want the automatic log-out to occur at all.

I hope I've just overlooked some very simple adjustment, because I really love Vista otherwise, despite its current kinks.

Sincerely,

William C

P.S. A big fat thanks to anyone in advance who can answer my question.

A:Automatic Lock / Log-out

I don't know if you've already tried this, but have you looked in Control Panel>>Administrative Tools>>Local Security Policy? There might be a setting in there. Good luck.-W.R.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56058/automatic-lock-log-out/
Relevancy 27.95%

please could someone help me. I attempted to install an epson wf2010 onto my daughters laptop but kept getting an error message 1131. now the laptop wont start up and is stuck in a loop of a blue screen with automatic repair on. I have no clue of how to solve this and would love help but please can you tell it me in simple basic terms as I as useless on computers but she needs it for school. thank you in advance

A:Automatic Repair

Hi useless90,

Welcome to the 8forums.

I am a little familiair with a few methods that might help with the startup problem, but I would need to know what stop codes appear on the screen for better support.

Without knowing the stop codes, please start with just verifying the hard drive and the system files as basic troubleshooting for this problem

Diagnostics Test

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.
Run chkdsk Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Diagnostics Test

System File Check

Please try following:

Open an admin command promptCopy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enterWhen it finished reboot your systemOpen again an admin command promptEnter sfc/scannow again

If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/72071-automatic-repair.html
Relevancy 27.95%

If "Password Required on Wake from LAN/Sleep" is set to yes, does this disable the automatic update installs that are set to update @ 3AM?

Thanks

Relevancy 27.95%

Previously i clean my computer from some malware.

after remove it successfully my windows has a problem.

when i turn on my computer. it is login to my account automatically without asking any password (it skips welcome screen).

i try to use command "control userpasswords2"

"user accounts" window appears. i check the the box of "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer"

then i restart computer. again my computer try to skip login password and some error shows like attach picture.

all i can do is click ok after that it will show welcome screen.

what happen to my computer? Help me please

A:Automatic logon

I would start by checking the following registry key.

-Open Registry Editor (click Start, click run, type regedit, press enter)
-Browse to the following key- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
-Look at the value for the item "AutoAdminLogon"
-This value should be set to 0, if it's set to 1, double click the name and enter a value of 0
-Restart your pc and you should be set.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456341/automatic-logon/
Relevancy 27.95%

So last night I turned off my computer at 9pm and it went to install updates, since then its been stuck at "installing 5 out of 20 updates" for 13 HOURS and hasnt moved a single update forward. I was wondering if I should just disconnect power to my computer as I do not want to wait for 72 hours to figure out thats it's not installing anything but stuck on a single update. Thanks for your guys help.

A:NEED HELP With Automatic Updates

First off you should have Windows update set to check for updates, but let you decide to download and install them.

I would just restart the PC, what else can ya do

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387321-need-help-automatic-updates.html
Relevancy 27.95%

my wife and I seem to have gotten a bug that re-boots our computers for no reason? We have no idea what it is causing this,
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

A:automatic re-boot ?

System manufacturer and model?

If you can boot into safe mode...right-click on My Computer.

Right-click Properties...click Advanced tab, scroll down to Startup & Recovery section, click Settings button.

Scroll down to System Failure section, uncheck Automatically Restart.

Post the error message wording, please.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452655/automatic-re-boot/
Relevancy 27.95%

noticed small hint-----Control panel-System
at the bottom saying 3 days automatic activation. Activate window now .
click - select automatic activation . it's done

Activate Windows 7 Online

A:Automatic activation

Found very helpful thank you had 1 day left on laptop did as you posted andd problem now solved.
Thank You

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/8638-automatic-activation.html