Windows Support Forum

Alienware has no sound

Q: Alienware has no sound

Hi I got this issue relating on my Laptop Soundcard which I cannot resolve At that time my laptop is working perfectly but then my sound card just disappear after days not working sound Alienware has no with the box I then reformat the box hoping to have my sound back guess what Alienware has no sound it doesn t work I have all the correct drivers and I m sure did not add any hardwares during that time no dropping no viruses I assume updated free AVG if I must say there s no issues at all Then I took it to the local technician they didn t Alienware has no sound have a clue either they recommend a hardware repairing no guarantee but I refuse I took it back home and turn on the laptop to see there a new hardware found I put my drivers CD and install it right away so there I was got my sound to working again Until I was out of town for a few days and left my laptop untouch and now here it is again turn on the laptop and sound gone again It is truly weird and annoyance and my question is is this hardware Alienware has no sound issue or software and how am I about to solve this if the technician can t help me I m just wondering has anyone ever encounter this issue before please guide me Alienware m i-R Intel Core Duo T GB GForce Go MB Intel High Definition Sound nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Alienware has no sound

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Alienware has no sound

usually can be driver error. do UNINSTALL and restart before install again.
just a reminder: my laptop have no sound when it's in the max volume;
it also have no sound after standby / hibernate (if use other driver)

well, for me, most of the case, hardware error are rare. if it do, you might ask for warranty.

have you try connecting a speaker to it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-has-no-sound.75972/
Relevancy 52.46%

hey guys, i just got the m9700 laptop from alienware in the mail yesterday and ive had some problems with the sound. everytime any audio plays, the sound skips and sounds like something isnt plugged in right i guess. ive uninstalled and reinstalled the sound driver and nothing works. also, whenever i start up my computer, the startup noise skips. im running vista. anyone have any ideas? i really hope i dont have to send back my computer

processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology ML-44, ~2.4GHz
sound: (SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-alienware-sound-problems.559347/
Relevancy 52.46%

Have a mx11 Alienware notebook. Got it in 2010 or 11. New hard drive put in a month ago. When hard drive was replaced they went ahead and put Windows 10 on.
So the windows 10 acts up, updates not installing, that kind of thing, and a few days ago I lost sound. The equalizer bars jump like it has sounds but it doesn't.
No beeps bloops or any sort of Windows chimes either.
Someone told me that Windows 10 is not going to make drivers to support my device; I suspect the cause of losing sound is Windows 10... so I want to revert back to Windows 7. I need sound! I've tried everything I know to get the sound back, all suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

A:No sound on Alienware mx11

Hi and welcome to the Tech Support Guy forums!

First you might want to check if your computers sound is actually muted.

Right-click the small speaker icon in your system tray (down right corner) and then click on "Open volume mixer".

Make sure that under the volume bar of your speakers there is a blue speaker icon and NOT a blue speaker with a red crossed circle (if the latter is the case, then simply click on the icon to un-mute your audio).
If the above doesn't solve your problem then you should make sure that your laptop recognizes any available audio playback devices by:
Clicking on the Start button, typing "Sound" and clicking on the found "Sound" app.
There you should be on the "Playback" tab by default and should see at least one playback device: Speakers.

If you don't see any devices or if they are there but not working properly (which seems to be the case), then you should download the audio drivers for your device from the manufacturers website:
For Alienware M11x (first model in series): http://downloads.dell.com/audio/REALTEK_ALC665_A02_R266767.exe
and install the drivers on your system, followed by restarting your laptop and testing if your speakers work now.

If neither helps, you should grab a pair of headphones and connect them to your laptop and try playing a song or something on it. Whether you the sound plays from your headphones or not will determine if the problem lies in the software part of your audio device or in the hardware part (dead speakers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-on-alienware-mx11.1168900/
Relevancy 52.46%

I just aquired an Alienware M9700 with xp loaded, and that's about all. I was not getting any sound with xp, then just upgraded to Windows 7 Pro sp1 and still have no sound.

I attempted to populate my computer fields on your website using your System Info tool, however I received an error of some sort any only some of it came over.

It appears that I have no audio/sound device, is that possible on a laptop? I hope I just need a driver, or many drivers, who knows.

I sure hope someone can help me. Thank you in advance!

A:No sound on Alienware M9700 Win 7 Pro

Dell does not list this model on their web site.

If this system originally had Windows XP, the sound chip may not be Windows 7 compatible. Generally, if the sound chip is Win 7 compatible, and no sound driver is installed, Windows will install the generic, basic function "High Definition Audio Codec". If its not installing that you may be out of luck.

Dell has a forum, Alienware Club, for Alienware users. You may want to post there to see if someone can help you, with this apparent older model (may have been made before Dell bought Alienware?).
Alienware Club - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/341659-no-sound-alienware-m9700-win-7-pro.html
Relevancy 52.46%

ok - my goal for today is to make my XPS M1530 look and sound like an alienware computer, this laptop was a gift from my parents, but i kept wanting the alienware computers, but this one doesn't compare to how bad they were at the time, but now I realised how cool it would be to have a massively good computer with amazing looks like an alienware laptop. So i was wondering if anyone has the alienware sounds theme avaliable? I also want anything avaliable and usable on my laptop. (I already have AlienGUIse and it worked perfectly, and i also used rainmeter, and rocketdock to make it look cooler.

A:alienware sound theme

I am in need of the same sound theme/s. If anyone has the same, please share the sound files or at least let me know where I can get the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/161821-alienware-sound-theme.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello guy I took my laptop to the technician and they open up my laptop and running the test On Alienware Disappeared Sound and discovered that my laptop soundcard is not damage but the wire may be loosed so they tighten it up to my amazed it work again but to find that the speaker onboard is working but not for the sockets both mic and headphone technician tried again but to Sound Disappeared On Alienware the same result they literally shook their head I took it home and reinstalled from Vista to XP pro hope it just a software conflict or whatever and then it work both sockets and laptop speaker but only for a short time cuz if I restart it the sound just disappear again My head is completely numb now cuz I can t think of how to fix this stupid laptop s sound of mine Also I am curious why EVEREST displayed Intel GBM ICH -M - High Definition Audio Controller on my laptop but instead it said I m using Realtek HD Audio is that the issue to my laptop s sound disappearing nbsp

A:Sound Disappeared On Alienware

Hi,

Try registering with the pc makers site and downloading the chipset driver....this needs to be installed 1st and rebooted before an audio driver is installed...get the audio driver here as well...once you register..you should be able to find your systems drivers

http://support.alienware.co.uk/Prof..._Pages/Restricted_Pages/driver_downloads.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-disappeared-on-alienware.77824/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have windows 7 professional on an alienware m9700. I have not had sound for over a month and have been trying to figure it out since. My sound icon in the tray has the red x through it and in my device manager I do not have "sounds, video, and game device"(or whatever it is called). I have a yellow sign on the multimedia audio controller which is located in "other devices"

I have searched the internet and tried all different solutions that didnt work.

please help.

Mike

A:alienware m9700 no sound

Mike would you post a snip of the device mngr for us? And if you would go inot your user cp and fill in your system specs as best you can. Thanks and welcome to seven forums we'll get this sorted out. Fabe checked out the techware labs review Nice Lappy. Searching for drivers now. didn't Dell take over alienware?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/30813-alienware-m9700-no-sound.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear Admin,

Please help me how to fix my Alienware laptop. I've been experiencing cracking sound everytime I play music or playing games. It sounded like the speaker is somehow damage or crack. I have done all the fix and tweaks from alienware support. even reinstalling all the sound drivers. And finally I've tried to refresh my PC. But the problem still occur.

Thank you in advance for your response

A:Alienware m17x r4 Sound cracking

mazedrvr It sounded like the speaker is somehow damage or crack.
Hello. Plug in headphones and listen to them. If you do not hear the crackling through the headphones, but do hear it through the speakers, then probably the speakers need to be replaced. In that case, contact tech support to have the laptop repaired, if it is still under warranty.
If you hear the crackling through the headphones and through the speakers, then the speakers are probably okay.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19982001
Relevancy 52.03%

hey guys i just got a new laptop and im having a huge problem. ANY audio that comes out of the speakers is crackly. even when i startup the system, the vista startup noise pretty much lags and sounds just...crackly! it has integrated sound btw. ive reformated twice and it doesnt fix the problem =[. pleaseeeeee help me! heres some specs:

amd turion 64 mobile technology - 2.4ghz
2gigs ram
nvidia gforce go 7900 gs
soundMAX integrated digital audio

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I have an issue with my alienware sound card(sound is distorted)
I've already written this question and support advised me to update bios and drivers.
I updated audio, video drivers and bios. And it seems that when I watch youtube videos or llisten to audio files on the internet  there are no issues now.
But when I hear system sounds or listen to local audio files I can still  hear distorted sounds. Could you please help me to solve this issue?
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19982950
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok so wierd some My sound problems. having is new alienware here's what is up I got my alienware m xr a few months ago and i really didn't notice it to much then but the audio out jack creates quite a bit of static during music playback I recently noticed this because i bought myself some new Klipsh s earbuds and an afterglow universal wireless gaming headset and with both of these new products i noticed this buzzing on a new level Previously i have My new alienware is having some wierd sound problems. only used my sony earbuds and my decent creative labs speakers for playing back my audio but both of my new My new alienware is having some wierd sound problems. devices are noise isolating and that makes the buzz much louder and very apparent even when My new alienware is having some wierd sound problems. playing music in games Furthermore the headset plugs into the usb port for the wireless receiver and then also into an audio jack to produce game audio chat is sent through the usb port separately and when i am listening solely through the quot chat channel quot of the headset the hum is much quieter and i believe only being caused by the wireless receiver found in the left ear of the headset and it doesn't bother me that much however when i listen to the audio channel that is coming from the audio jack the buzzing becomes very loud and a different high pitched element is added to it Overall what i am mainly wondering is what can i do about my situation to decrease or hopefully eliminate that buzzing noise or at least the high pitched squeaky sound that is created As a sidenote i believe my computer comes with onboard audio powered by creative labs recon di drivers and software Thanks in advance for any help i receive -Lukas

A:My new alienware is having some wierd sound problems.

Wireless devices, even wi-fi, have been known to cause noise in audio.
Does this do it when on battery power? or only on AC power or both?

There is a special Alienware owners support section on the Dell Community users forums. It may be best to post there and see if those familiar with your model can help. Alienware Club - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/272740-my-new-alienware-having-some-wierd-sound-problems.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hey guys i just got a new laptop and im having a huge problem. ANY audio that comes out of the speakers is crackly. even when i startup the system, the vista startup noise pretty much lags and sounds just...crackly! it has integrated sound btw. ive reformated twice and it doesnt fix the problem =[. pleaseeeeee help me! heres some specs:

2gigs ram
nvidia gforce go 7900 gs

A:crackly/distorted sound on alienware

Um.. you downloaded the newest drivers for your sound card from the Internet right? Try typing in dxdiag in the command prompt and making sure that directx is detecting your sound card. Also while in dxdiag you may want to turn down the directx "hardware sound acceleration level" under the "sound" tab. Also check out ----www.lost.eu/42bbb----

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crackly-distorted-sound-on-alienware.76226/
Relevancy 52.03%

2gigs ram
nvidia gforce go 7900 gs

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I just got my laptop 2 weeks ago and it makes this grinding/rattling noise randomly from time to time. Also, when I shake the laptop very gently, the same sound goes off. I've updated all the drivers and BIOS. The laptops only been used 5 times.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993886
Relevancy 52.03%

2gigs ram
nvidia gforce go 7900 gs

A:crackly/distorted sound on alienware

Please DO NOT Double Post, as it tends to confuse the issue with two Teams trying to assist you.

You have already posted here.

This Thread is now Closed.

Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/crackly-distorted-sound-on-alienware-153588.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hi,
brought a second hand laptop that arrived without some drivers not operating. I've got drivers from the alienware website & also tried drivers downloaded by "driver genuis"... but still hasn't worked. I read some problems with XP SP2 so i intalled SP3 & also tried a fresh install of vista with still no success, so i'm back to my XP sp2 image. After reading other posts on here i checked my BIOS but its got no audio options
Device manager has a yellow mark on "Vinyl AC'97 Codec combo driver (WDM). Legacy audio drivers has no yellow mark but nothing listed in its properties.
Please help as this has been driving me nuts for about a week now!
thanks
jason

Relevancy 51.6%

They were in the Alienware Audio screen where it says Maxx Audio Pro. There used to be an equalizer, and all kinds of different sound settings, like rock, pop etc etc. I haven't messed with it since I got the computer a year or so ago. I wanted to change the sound profile and it's missing!  No luck trying to find drivers.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19991362
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm trying to install a Sound Blaster Z on my R5, as I don't particularly care for the integrated sound card. What is the correct procedure for doing this (i.e. what do I need to disable, etc.)? I went into the BIOS, but I don't see anything about any integrated devices. My apologies if this has been asked before, but I've searched Google up and down, and I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19988606
Relevancy 51.6%

New 17 R3 delivered today.  No subwoofer.  Really subpar sound from working front speakers.  However, headphones work well and eq works great with them.
Is there a chance that the subwoofer isn't connected?  No sound at all coming from it.
Checked device manager and everything is fine.  Tried installing driver from Dell found in my account.  Still no subwoofer sounds at all, not even a crackle.
Seems weird for a new AW build to be missing subwoofer functionality.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19677731
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi So randomly stops M17x Sound Alienware working. when I open my laptop up and it s been in sleep mode the audio stops working nbsp Scrolling the mouse over the speaker icon says quot No device driver installed Alienware M17x Sound stops working. quot or something along those lines nbsp A simple restart of the laptop has always fixed it nbsp I have only owned the laptop since the end of September and bought it brand new and it s been doing this randomly since day nbsp Tonight was different Alienware M17x Sound stops working. though restarting the computer did not fix the issue nbsp Tried restarting or times but still did not work nbsp Also the problem never occurs unless the computer goes into sleep mode nbsp If the audio is working when I am using the computer it will remain working and does not just turn off while I am using the computer Things I tried tonight Re installed driver from Dell website restarted - Didn t work Ran the BIOS which I found as a possible solution in a different thread on this forum restarted - Didn t work Looked in my audio device properties in the control panel while the problem was going on and it just said quot No audio device installed quot So finally I shut the computer off for a while and then it started working when I fired Alienware M17x Sound stops working. it up just now nbsp So as of right now it s working but I wonder for how long nbsp Any ideas on what else I can do or should I be looking into a warranty repair replacement issue here

A:Alienware M17x Sound stops working.

I don't know if it is hardware or software related. I would have thought the BIOS but  you tried that. Next time it happens check the Audio Service. Go to Start>Run and type "services.msc" (without quotes) then hit the 'Enter' key (or click 'ok'). The Services window will appear. Scroll down until you find "Windows Audio" towards the bottom of the list. Check that it is enabled, set to automatic, and running. If it isn't, double click on it and change the Startup type to Automatic, then click Start, Apply, and OK. If it stops in the future even when set to automatic then I would be suspicious of a problem with Windows itself.
That is all I can think of. Suggest that you post on the Alienware Club discussion board and be sure to tell them that you already have posted on the Laptop Audio board or else they might just send you back here. In the meantime you might get a better answer from someone else on this board.
en.community.dell.com/.../default.aspx
It will be helpful for them if you say the exact model name of your laptop if it is not  the original M17x, for example M17x R2, R3, or R4.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19478215
Relevancy 50.74%

I just bought new Alienware R3 17" laptop
Specs
Core i7 with 970m

It was ok for a week when one day listening to music it started to make rattling sound from woofer which is below the laptop
Both front facing speakers are ok
So in somepart of song when bass or something like that comes, woofer makes annoying rattling sound
And i am not finding anyway to just shut off the woofer..

One thing more when i tilt the laptop to 90° this rattling sound tottally disappears and woofer sound is perfect but again putting laptop straight on table it again starts that sound..

Note: i cant claim or contact dell for anything

Plz help me

A:Alienware Subwoofer Rattling Annoying Sound Problem

If you can't get any warranty support for a "new" laptop, which is odd unless you bought a stolen unit or got it outside of your country, you need to open the laptop and check how the speaker is connected and fix it.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3127933/alienware-subwoofer-rattling-annoying-sound-problem.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a rather annoying thingy with my laptop. When I do something on my laptop where noise is involved ( play games , play music , etc. etc. ) and I have ear plugs / headphones inserted , the sound is coming out of both my speakers and my headset.I do not know how long I already have the problem, I discovered it today when I took my headphones off for a moment.

Do any of you know how I can fix this? So that if I insert my headphones , the sound just goes through the headphones and not through the speakers at the same time. I Googled for a while now but I cant find a way to solve it. (Im not a PCs / laptops expert)

I use an Alienware M17x R4 with Windows 10.

I have already tried to update the drivers , remove and restart to reset them but nothing seems to work, PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance.

A:Sound coming from my headphones and speakers simultaniously - Alienware M17x R4

Hello. Please post your problem again, because half of your text has been chopped off. You might have to type it instead of paste.
Try switching to the Windows native audio driver.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on the Creative Labs Recon driver.3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.[To get back to the Recon driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]If you only have the symptoms with one of the drivers, then the other is at fault. If you have the same symptoms with both audio drivers, then it is very probably not a driver issue, maybe hardware.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19974199
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone.
I have an Alienware 15 R2 (i7 4720HQ, 970M, 16GB, FHD) running windows 10.
I have set it up in desktop mode by connecting it to ASUS MG28UQ 4K monitor, mouse and keyboard. The monitor is connected through the laptop's mini dp port.
The problem is that when I boot up the laptop with the monitor connected, the laptop's internal sound card (SoundBlaster Redcon 3di) does not function, and is not available in the audio playback devices menu. The intel display audio works, though.
But when i shut down the laptop, disconnect the monitor, and then boot it back up, the sound card is detected and functional, and stays funtional even after i connect the monitor to laptop after it has booted. It keeps working until i reboot, after rebooting the same thing happens.
Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Things i tried:
reinstalled sound card driver
windows troubleshoot

Thanks in advance  

A:Sound Card not detected when laptop boots up with external monitor (mini dp) connected - Alienware 15 R2 (4720HQ)

First, make sure that the display audio device is not 'disabled' in Device Manager. When connected through HDMI this should be enabled. If it is disabled, try enabling it and see if that resolves the problem.

Second, I would suggest downloading the latest graphics drivers from Intel. This should also update the HDMI audio drivers, and may fix the problem. You may also need 4th Generation or later CPU graphics drivers. You may want to download Intel's driver updater, to automatically search for drivers.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3122972/sound-card-detected-laptop-boots-external-monitor-mini-connected-alienware-4720hq.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Does alienware notebooks like area 51 extreme come with the alien ice cooling system because in the clip of the "alienware difference" it says there is an alien ice cooling system. Is alien ice better than any other cooling system?

A:Alienware

Maybe try asking alienware . Give 'em a call.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware.10666/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey guys~

I just wanted to know if I could change the power supply and graphic card which is on my alienware.

My Tower is http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/desk...spx?refid=alienware-aurora&s=dhs&cs=19&~ck=mn
this one.
If possible, I want to get BFG EX-1000W power supply and I want to get the ATI Radeon 5970 Graphic card.
+ my current computer spec
Processor: i7 920
Power supply: 525W
Graphic card: NVIDIA GTX 260
System manufacture: Alienware

Thanks !

A:Does Alienware allow..?

Please do not double-post. Please read the rules, especially the section entitled "Multiple Postings".

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/897848-psu-gpu-upgrade-possible.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-alienware-allow.897833/
Relevancy 34.83%

So I m going to help a friend build a computer and in return he gave me an old alienware from about with an Asus motherboard an athlon xp and a geforce fx All it had was a bad hardrive so I switched that out for a pair of gb seagate sata drives to raid I also added an extra gig Alienware help! of ddr lying around I have never used raid before so this was my first time After setting up raid I proceeded with installing windows consumer preview During the setup it couldn t detect the hard disk and asked for drivers Well since I had no idea where I would find Alienware help! drivers for a raid controller for a year old motherboard for an un- realeased os I made the decision to turn it into a linux machine I pulled out my bit copy of ubuntu and installed it It picked up the array and I installed it onto that When it was finished I proceeded to boot into Alienware help! the os but was unable too when I picked the boot device Alienware help! as hd I was unable to boot and tried all the hd boot devices So after a long day my question is How do I boot off my raid array nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alienware-help.1052249/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi,i recently installed alienware skinpack.i then uninstalled it but my icons are the alienware ones.i have tried everything to reset them-system restore,tune up utilities,etc,but no luck.

A:alienware

Hi you might take a look at method 2 here Icon Cache - Rebuild - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/alienware-850298.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey Guys,

I'm buy a Alienware Area-51 750i. But I'm not sure what to customise it with.

I dunno to get either:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz 6MB Cache 1333MHz FSB
Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 4MB Cache 1333MHz FSB

I'm meaning, Is it worth the extra £36?
The rest of the specs I'm getting are:

Alienware® Approved Liquid Cooling
750 Watt Alienware® Approved Multi-GPU Power Supply
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Alienware® Approved ASUS P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Motherboar
500GB SATA 3Gb/s 7200 RPM
20x Dual-Layer DVD±RW with LightScribe Technology

Edit : I forgot to put Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 250 -Superclocked Edition - SLI Enabled

I was wonderign if that would be a good setup. If not can you guys reccomend me somethign better. I'm also not changing from Alienware.

Relevancy 34.83%

I just used my alienware respawn cd on my computer and im not that good with computer drivers or ultilities but once i reformatted it i cannot play any online games, i tryed installing this ATI graphics cd but it still comes up with a message of go to control panel and install computer components. and now i feel like i wasted alot of money because the company doesnt warn you about losing a whole bunch of drivers! please somone thats really well at computers help.

It sounds to me like you are still missing a few drivers. Or to be more accurate, you didn't install all the drivers.

In your hardware manager, what items are showing up as yellow?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware.41957/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello, simple question. Where can I get an Alienware Area 51 tower/case. I only need the case nothing else I already have all the inside stuff including a power supply all I need is the bare case if anyone has any thoughts, or ideas on how I can get my hands on one I would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Dexter_393

Have you tried contacting AlienWare directly?

That seems like the easiest way to get it, if they will sell you just the case... Also, I haven't seen those cases for sale anywhere else, so it might be your only choice...

You can find alienware here...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware.11241/
Relevancy 34.83%

I was looking at the specs of a GTX680 and it is a smaller card than the 670. It is not as long and it only covers 2 slots were the 670 covers 3. Will the 680 fit an Alienware X51?

A:GTX 680 fit Alienware x51

The top X51 on dell.com/alienware comes with a 670, so YES appears to be the answer, although I don't know if case size changes or not from the 4 different X51 models, for 100% certainty I would call and ask them.

Only other concern is the 680 is 25 more watts then the 670, as they appear to be putting pretty weak PSU's on those systems to cut corners.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/293378-gtx-680-fit-alienware-x51.html
Relevancy 34.83%
Relevancy 34.83%

HiI have alienware 14.got it in mid 2014.Recently I installed windows 10 and it taking so much time to start.so I decided to.go.back to.windows 8.I copied my friends system image (alienware 14) to external hard disk thenthen I entered advanced settings and restored by using *image.But my wifi is not shown.so this time I choose d alienware respawn to restore.but *after restore is complete.my device stuck at start screen and wont even enter boot options,setup,diagnostics.it just shows the starting logo and no changes

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alienware-14.1153226/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on techspot! Ok so anyways I was looking around for a new computer and I decided to go with a really cheap alienware. Well i was looking at the cpu and I need some help. A) what amd processor is good for gaming and B) should i go dual-core? I was looking at the amd 64 4000+ for a single core and for dual I cant decide( they all look better than what i got ). I am also aware of the new AM2 coming soon, well ok i just found out today ( I'll buy a alienware when they make a compatable motherboard). What amd cpu's are gona be useing that. Oh and the fx series is just too much money. And one last thing money is a concern to me, so dont just say to go with the 4800+ . Thanks!

A:Cpu for new alienware

first of all Alienwares are not cheap, in fact they're quite expensive.

as far as the CPU is concerned, pretty much all AMD Athlon64's are good for gaming. obviously the higher the PR rating the better performance. just be sure to get a socket 939 platform and not a socket 754.

as far as single or dual core is concerned, applications written for single cores will run faster on a single core CPU than a dual core CPU. if you multitask then go dual core. but if you're strictly looking at game performance... then I would stay with a single core.

the video card will be the more important thing to consider when it comes to gaming. in most games the video card will have the biggest impact on performance. so if money's an issue then spend the extra on a better vid card vs. the better CPU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-for-new-alienware.49361/
Relevancy 34.4%

Does the new Alienware 15 laptop without G-Sync have Optimus or is it without this feature regardless?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19995388
Relevancy 34.4%

i have recently bought an alienware aurora m9700 laptop with sli graphics. now as far as i can see i have a tv tunor card but i dont know how to connect it as i only have a connector for a "t-cable" which i gather is for radio. alien ware dont seem to have anything on their website. i have the vista on with media centre and it say i dont have the hardware but i am not sure if it is saying that as i dont have a signal or what. i dont see a normal coax connector for the tv but just above teh "t cable" connector it says coax and in the book it says it is for tv in.

can any of you guys help me out?

A:Alienware Laptop

the specs say it has one

but his a search from knowledge base - cant get to support without an account

http://4help.alienware.com/cgi-bin/...XJvcmEgbTk3MDAgVFYgVHVuZXI*&p_li=&p_topview=1

and heres the coax adapter details
http://4help.alienware.com/cgi-bin/...XJvcmEgbTk3MDAgVFYgVHVuZXI*&p_li=&p_topview=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alienware-laptop.557629/
Relevancy 34.4%

Check out www.**********.com and see for yourself there is alienware computors for 200$$$ I already have one, and it has really helped my game playing it includes a Gforce4 and a pentium4 order it today!!! Just tryin to make gameing better for everyone!! I love counter-strike!!

Ghostface!!!

A:New alienware computor for 200$$

Link removed and account disabled -- <a href="http://www.techguy.org/rules.html">Spamming is against the rules.</a>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-alienware-computor-for-200.128703/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,
I purchased an Alienware X51 R3 (i5-6600K, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, GTX 745 4GB DDR3).  It arrived today, and I noticed a problem:
I've updated Windows 10 Home, since then the machine boots, but has a black screen.  Sometimes cold restarts or unplugging the power cable for 30 seconds will result in booting to the desktop, but most times it doesn't.
Updated the GPU drivers, same thing.  Took out the 745, used the onboard HDMI... Same thing.  Tried the Win+P three times + Enter suggestion... Guess what? Same thing.
I've updated the BIOS to the latest revision too.
Any ideas what's going on, and how to fix this? It's driving me crackers that I have a machine I can't game one (OR USE!).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19992440
Relevancy 34.4%

Sorry in advance for the long post but i've tried nearly everything to fix my PC and still don't know what is wrong Specs PC Alienware issues CPU Intell i Eight core processor GPU GTX OS Windows Home Premium RAM g And keep in mind this was a prebuilt Alienware i semi customized around years ago Maybe month after my warranty ran out all of these issues started popping up lucky me List of problems and amount of times they have happened Bluescreen maybe or times has not happend in at least - months Freezing while playing a game with sound looping usually CSGO Sometimes requires hard reboot Alienware PC issues and will not unfreeze Other times will stop suddenly and say Kernel mode drive stopped working and has recovered lt - This happens nearly everyday some times times a day Lately my PC has also just stopped displaying out of nowhere Sometimes after the PC will freeze i will reboot and when it reboots the screen is just black and there is nothing displayed on my monitor Other times it will reboot normally and ill walk away from my PC while its on the desktop and come back to see a black screen And lastly recently while playing CSGO my PC went black while playing instead of freezing and immediately after the fan s on my PC got EXTREMELY loud So i then did a hardboot aging by just holding the power button down Things ive tried to fix these problems Taken it to a PC shop for Free Diagnosis in which they ran multiple stress tests for hours and also played CSGO on my PC Ive taken it to them at least times now and they cant seem to find issue or problem and it does not freeze for them time They even told me that my ran flawlessly while doing every stress test they had UPDATED Windows Display Drivers also did multiple clean installs updated BIOS and updated any other drivers i could find Reinstalled Windows cost me since my PC came with windows already i did not receive a disc that i remember Lastly i also did a minute test on Dells product support page in which it tested all hardware software and did a bluescreen analysis SOME how my PC passed in every category and not minutes later froze up while multitasking If anybody has ANY other steps i could take to test my PC or any setting to change or ANYthing im open to try it Thanks in advance and sorry the long post

A:Alienware PC issues

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Have you been avoiding all of the system upgrade windows updates that have been released this year ?
Some have been having performance issue from some of them,
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ows-7-8-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/378789-alienware-pc-issues.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Im not sure whats wrong with it but its not even loading the OS when i start it up, it wont even go to the BIOS menu, I think i burnt out the mother board again (second or third time now) is there a chance it could be something else?
I was using it last night it froze on me, i turned it off about 10 minutes later i went back on to use it it worked for about 5 minutes, went to hell, and only shows the screen asking me to press F2 to go to the menu, and then it just stays black.

A:Alienware m7700

I need to know if it makes any beaping noise and what model of motherboard you have to address your query so if you can provide me any of this information then I can fix your problem.

If you recently made changes to your configuration or hardware setup a new case mabey then you may just need to make sure everything is connected correctly or take it apart and put it back togeather again. I have seen the connections ark (spark) and produce soot or black stuff that stops the computer from working so taking it apart may fix the problem in this circumstance.

Without any more info I can do no more for you so get me that information. You sound like you may know the model number of the computer so it should be easy for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alienware-m7700.650155/
Relevancy 34.4%

Not sure if anyone has the same problem My Alienware R was a new bought version if this year with i U G Memory G SSD M G video card bought on Deal R2 Add M.2 on 2016! SSD second Alienware Help! 13 a FIsh When I Help! Add a second M.2 SSD on Alienware 13 R2 2016! want to add a second SSD into the system it is not recognized I have tried several options with Samsung EVO and EVO pro they don t work either The origional SSD is Samsung but I could not find it in any market since it is a V A SSD Most of the people just talk about the slot but does anyone knows that the impact of different Current Surely I know how to format a new drive Help! Add a second M.2 SSD on Alienware 13 R2 2016! but not recognized Help! Add a second M.2 SSD on Alienware 13 R2 2016! is in BIOS level not in Windows level I have enter the bois and could not find the new drive I had put on I have tried use an only new drive in slot and BIOS could not recognize it either My bought Samsung SSD were all V V Thanks to anyone who can make efforts on that

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988005
Relevancy 34.4%

So I recently discovered that you can now get a GTX 1080 in to a notebook (however I have yet to find a retailer or site that sells just the GPU). Any links to a website or retailer would be lovely. With such a high performance GPU I'll will need a better CPU as well. But I am worried that my laptop cooler will not be able to control the heat. Obviously I don't want to fry my computer so confirmation on the amount of heat from a better GPU and CPU would be nice as well. Is thermal paste recommended? Also, would it be better to get a electronic store to install the components or would it be easier to install them myself (I don't trust myself enough)? Any help at all would be appreciated.Current GPU and CPU:Nvidia GTX 770MIntel Core i7-4700MQ

A:Alienware 18 - Need Upgrade Help

The largest manufacturer of MXM format video cards for notebooks is Clevo -- they have supplied systems to Dell for sale as Alienware, and supply Sager, Falcon Northwest, AVA, Eurocom and others.  
You would likely be wise to see if Dell releases a GTX1070 or 1080 for your system first -- there are no guarantees one will work at all, and with the GTX970 MXM cards still selling for  upward of $1,000, you can bet the 1070s will be $1,500 or more each, so it's not a trivial amount of money to gamble on the upgrade.
Eurocom was selling MXM upgrade kits with the required hardware for Clevo-built systems -- they may be one to try for the GTX1070 if you have $1,500 or more waiting in the wings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991723
Relevancy 34.4%

I am well aware of the issues with upgrading to Windows and Alienware laptops but I feel that those of us who own the M X should now be able to upgrade I do not understand why it was only certain systems that were tested If Dell wish to keep Alienware M18X customers then all systems capable of running Windows should be tested I feel that if this issue is not resolved then I for one will never buy another Dell system Every company should keep up to date with future OS expansions and make it possible for all to upgrade The reason I state this is the M X is not that old and does support the upgrade but as we are all aware there is an issue when installing the driver for the GPU s I would very much like to see a FIX for this so that those of us with this issue are not Alienware M18X left out and do not have to be out of pocket to purchase another product in order Alienware M18X to benefit from the upgrade nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19995382
Relevancy 34.4%

Does anyone know where I could buy one of the new alienware cases?

I already have a killer system... I just want the cool case too, lol

Thanks

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi this is my first topic as I am wondering why I am getting such low FPS for apparently an amazing system I get FPS on world of warcraft with everything maxed out but for some reason I get on tf I will post my specs and you guys can suggest a reason for why I am getting m15x alienware on FPS Low such low FPS on WOW ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Low FPS on alienware m15x Machine name JOSH-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Alienware Low FPS on alienware m15x System Model M x BIOS Ver A Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Mobility Radeon HD Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x A DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS A amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id LGD Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - BE - CF- -A A C C Vendor ID x Device ID x A SubSys ID x A Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag Manhattan ci ven amp dev a amp subsys a Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps C C - FB - F - - BF EE D Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out NV x e Frames... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-fps-on-alienware-m15x.940327/
Relevancy 34.4%

I won this Auroura ALX in a contest and now that I have it, I am at a loss as to what it is good for.It seems to run nicely, but what is the big deal why are there two video cards? I only have one monitor
4 gigs of ram, can only use two.Any thoughts on what games or that stuff are good, I'm new to all of this, but it is starting to be fun.

A:Alienware ALX, won it in raffle, what is it?

This HAS to be a joke. You won a $5000 computer in a RAFFLE? Pffft.

http://www.alienware.com/product_de...SysCode=BUNDLE-AURORA-ALX&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-alx-won-it-in-raffle-what-is-it.45153/
Relevancy 34.4%

Recently got the Alienware It s good I guess plays whatever game I want at good settings ultra in most I am encountering a LOT of bugs though that I m unable to fix at all especially when the only option is to uninstall and reinstall problems Alienware 14 My drivers software from the dell website I ve compiled a list of problems I m facing If anyone else is facing the same issues or has found ways to fix even one of them please let me know List of issues Fn F does nothing It worked at first but then stopped working Fn F does nothing Never did Alien OnScreenDisplay doesn t work at all Never worked even out of the box I don t even know what it s supposed to look like Random blue screens including Reference by pointer and Driver power state failure A few times the NVidia GPU wouldn t be detected I would have to My Alienware 14 problems reboot the computer on battery to have it work again it wouldn t detect when rebooted while plugged in Is this laptop supposed to have a 'free fall sensor' where do I find it in the Device Manager and how do I check if it's working Why do I have so many Local Area Connections There's like of them called something like TAP-Windows adapter Another bigtime peeve I can t live chat to Alienware Support because my computer wasn t purchased in the US This is what it tells me when I enter my Service Tag Am I dumb or does Alienware not provide live support to non-US customers Some probably relevant info My specs Intel i mq NVidia M GB SSD Cache Windows SL OEM Software I have installed Command Center OnScreenDisplay Autopsy I'm using AVG Free and Malwarebytes Pro

A:My Alienware 14 problems

yeah sounds like you need to just re install all of your drivers from dells site, also do you have any kind of vitrual machine software installed that would make its own lan connections? did you uninstall any of the oem software? the fall sensor would be a G sensor glued to the hdd probably(like the older macbooks) and will not be seen in the os as its at the BIOS level it might say its enabled in your BIOS though.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/49867-my-alienware-14-problems.html
Relevancy 34.4%

So I finished some work for my dad He wants to buy me a laptop as a quot reward quot I have until tomorrow to decide So far I have this from Alienware If you can make better pls post here There is no price limit as of now Thx Video Graphics Card Dual MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD - the Alienware laptop on go CrossFireX Enabled Processor Intel Core Extreme Quad QX GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Design amp Alienware laptop on the go Display Black Ripley Design Chassis -Inch WideUXGA x LCD p with Clearview Technology Keyboard Options Illuminated Keyboard Alienware Exclusive Design - Astral Blue Operating System Office software not included Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate -bit Edition with Service Pack Notebook Tuners and Remotes Without Media Center Remote Control or TV Tuner Memory GB Dual Channel DDR SO-DIMM at MHz x MB System Drive Single Drive Configuration - GB Solid State Drive Optical Drives Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc Reader BD-ROM DVD Alienware laptop on the go RW CD-RW Wireless Network Card Internal Intel Ultimate N a b g Draft-N Mini-Card with MIMO Technology The World s First Mbps Wi-Fi Adapter Sound Card Internal High-Definition Audio with Surround Sound Warranty -Year AlienCare Onsite Service and Toll-Free Phone Support Power Additional Battery -cell Lithium-Ion Battery Alienware Extras Alienware laptop on the go Alienware Mesh Cap Alienware Extras Alienware Mobile Binder Alienware Extras Owner Identification Card Alienware Extras M Protective Cloth Sleeve Alienware Extras M Keyboard Diagram Overlay Avatar Alienhead D usd as post Do your worst thx nbsp

A:Alienware laptop on the go

We have seen a number of failed Alienware laptops in our shop. They seem to be having a series of manufacturing problems, despite being purchased by Dell.

Be sure you get the longest possible warranty? And remember it is now a Dell with the contract Dell service techs coming to your house without a clue.

I would go for a high end HP, or a high end Dell or ASUS over the Alienware, dispite the sometimes appealing configurations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-laptop-on-the-go.123222/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi everyone so here is my issue My son has an Alienware X R PC from early It came with Windows and he has not had any problems with it When we installed Windows on it everything worked fine until we rebooted For some 10 Windows Alienware and reason when Alienware and Windows 10 the computer is rebooted his single monitor setup switchs to dual and the connected monitor will go from showing the loading windows screen to a black screen with a mouse cursor right clicking doesnt really do anything If I plug the monitor in using an HDMI Alienware and Windows 10 cord it will work fine The monitor he uses is an Asus VG QE -Inch LED it runs at Mhz using a DVI cable So basically everything is working fine on DVI we reboot and can see the loading screen it then goes to a black screen In order to fix it I either have to hook up the monitor with an HDMI cable or hook up a second monitor and set it to work on the ASUS again Everything will work again until we reboot again Anyone have any suggestions or need some further info It seems to only be a problem with Windows since it never did it on thanks David B

A:Alienware and Windows 10

Have you tried reinstalling the video drivers? I'm pretty sure Win 10 uses generic drivers when you install it, so updating the drivers may fix it. Hope that helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584795/alienware-and-windows-10/
Relevancy 34.4%

i no Alienware 51M HELP reaction have a alienware m quite old pentium ghz gb ram i bought it nd hand n Alienware 51M no reaction HELP i think i got cheated becoz got a big problem occur here the laptop came with win Vista n it ran perfectly fine n then i reformat it with window xp Sp recovery disc given by alienware after running finish inside the window vista the laptop start rebooting n then it can't access to window anymore so i tried pushing delete while it Alienware 51M no reaction HELP start it show this amibios american megatrends inc bios date cpu intel r pentium oem biuos ver w amikbc ver entering setup press F checing nvram initializing usb controllers Done mb ok usb device s mice auto-detecting pri master ide hard disk auto-detecting sec master atapi cdrom pri master hts m at mh a a ultra dma mode- s m a r t capable and status ok n it end like this where i expect to see it entering the bios menu so i have no idea what i should do now help thanks

A:Alienware 51M no reaction HELP

Quote:

after running finish inside the window vista the laptop start rebooting

What does that mean? . . . When you installed XP, did you delete the Vista partition and create a new one prior to installing?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/alienware-51m-no-reaction-help-187013.html
Relevancy 34.4%

A friend of mine was contemplatig the purchase if an Alienware PC. I decided to do a little research about there prices and this is my outcome. Just thought I would share it with you.

All prices are in AUD. Maybe its not so bad in the US I dont know.

Alienware vs PCManiacs​
Below is the default configuration of the Alienware Area-51® 7500

Below is the keyboard you get with the Alienware PC as you can see it is a generic keyboard, thus we can assume so is the mouse.

Below is the same thing from PCManiacs

PRICING:
Alienware:
Sub Total $2,871.00
Freight $149.00
GST $274.55
Total $3,020.00

PC Maniacs
Sub-Total: $1,527.00
Courier (Star Track Express - Deliver To Postcode: XXXX): $92.00
Total: $1,619.00

A:Alienware Pricing

Are you REALLY certain that Alienware is the best choice for your needs? Lately, we find them to be considerable trouble, both in early failures, and in difficulties getting parts and tech support. Perhaps tech support is better in Australia?
Shipping is high for what you report.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-pricing.98132/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello All,

I just bought an Aloenware 14 with the following specs:

Windows 8.1 Pro
1 tb sata
256 GB ssd
16gb ram
Intel integrated graphics
NVIDIA gforce card

Ubuntu 14.04

While I was testing out the new racing game Assetto Corsa on my computer, I had not noticed that even though my battery was plugged in, it wasn't charging. Then my computer switched off. I reconnected the adapter but then the blue led on the charger went off.

When I take out the adapter, it glows blue, indicating that the charger is ready to charge.

When I plug it in to my laptop, it stops illuminating.

I have contacted dell support but I want to see if there is an easier way to fix it.
Thanks,
997R8V10

A:Alienware Not Charging

Well,
I contacted dell alienware support and they told me to send over my laptop. I will post the problem and solution once I get it back.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/51128-alienware-not-charging.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Good selection of electronic items to chose from
http://zilalaams.freeiptv.org/fne.html Have to click on the offer you want and follow the steps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alienware-laptop.635486/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello!
I would like to upgrade my RAM to 16GB but I am not sure what RAM is compatible.
I currently have 8GB Dual Channel DDR4 2133MHz (4GBx2).
When shopping for RAM, is there a specific type I should look out for? I Know DDR4, but anything more than that? Is there RAM the X51 motherboard cannot support?

Thank you for your assistance,

Kintaro

A:Upgrading RAM in the Alienware X51 R3

You'll probably get a better response if you re-post this in the Alienware Club forum.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992765
Relevancy 34.4%

I have an alienware 17 laptop which has an onboard graphics and a 770 video card i am wondering how to completely disable the onboard so that it is always using the 770 i have went into device manager and disabled the onboard but it wont use the 770...

A:alienware 17 laptop

You need to go into the bios to disable the on board video, most systems repeatedly tap F2 during boot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524524/alienware-17-laptop/
Relevancy 34.4%

hi gang got a job enquiry about replacing screen and hinge on alienware laptop ( dell right ?? ) just want a quick link for new screen and hinge. Thanks

A:Alienware laptop (sos)

What model?
Something like this?
EBay Search

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-laptop-sos.168125/
Relevancy 34.4%

1066MHz Memory
4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz [subtract $281.25]
6GB DDR3 at 1066MHz [subtract $131.25]
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz [subtract $18.75]

1333MHz Memory

4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz [subtract $241.25]
6GB DDR3 at 1333MHz [subtract $112.50]
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz [Included in Price]

I was wondering what is the best option for Ram. I am a hardcore gamer and am always on the computer. I was going to go with the 133mhz and probably 8gb. But, is the price worth it? I am really getting that much more performance compared to a 6gb or 4gb?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alienware-m17x-ram.930291/
Relevancy 34.4%

I recently purchased an Alienware M17x. Yay me. As I went about my normal routines, Ive notised a minor issue that just bugs the crap out of me. I cannot save images/flash animations off the internet. Here is what I try to do: Rightclick, save target/image as(depending on browser). I get nothing. I have tried changing the user account type, although I was always at administrator, Virus scans, trawling the internet for help, beating my head against the wall that is known as Alienware support. Nothing works. I am a U.S. Navy sailor in Japan, so I might have trouble with certain fixes. Help me please?

A:My Alienware is Borked!!!

Hi and welcome to TSF you could try the print screen method or possibly the snipping tool info on print screen here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...flash-pictures

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-alienware-is-borked-497197.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys what is your oppinion on this laptop? also is the 620 or the 720 better for games and blu ray movies?(in your opinion) and whats your opinion on the graphics cards? nvidia or ati?

specs

Intel core i7 720qm quad core 1.6ghz or Intel core i7 620m dual core 2.66ghz??
4gbs of ram 1333mhz ddr3
Hd 5850 graphics or gtx260m???
250gb hardrive
blu ray reader
15.4 inch lcd display 16:9 1920x1080.
9 cell battery
Windows 7 home premium.
Intel wifi link 5300 wireless card.

This is a rough draft of the specs, any changes or input anybody has would be helpful.

Current price $2100,.

Link : http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DKCWFW1&s=dhs

Relevancy 34.4%

should I buy a dell xps or a alienware system....... please post if u have any comments...... THANK YOU

A:dell or alienware

cant really say because i always build my own systems from scratch it adds to the excitement and thrill of worrying if everything will work great when it is finished plus it gives me a better understanding of the bios settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-or-alienware.25972/
Relevancy 34.4%

My computer had been running a bit slow recently so I decided to reformat my drive and start fresh so I put in my Windows disc and deleted all the files from my hard BSOD on Alienware M17 drive and reinstalled Windows Everything seemed to be fine except since then I've been receiving the BSOD on average of about once per day ever since and at seemingly random times My theory is that crucial drivers were BSOD on Alienware M17 deleted when I reformatted my hard drive So attached is my BSOD Dump File I wasn't able to figure out how to save my perfmon report as an html document so that's not included If it's crucial that I attach that as well let me know and I'll see if I can figure it out System Info Windows Updated about a year ago from Vista Full retail version System is about a year and a half old OS is a little over a year old OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name TEKPHIN-PC System Manufacturer alienware System Model Alienware M System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Intel W B SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name TekPhin-PC TekPhin Time Zone Central Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Please help me figure this out Thanks so much for the help Phil

A:BSOD on Alienware M17

Hi,

Can you complete your System Specs page? Some of this information (e.g. type and make of hard disk) can help us diagnose the problem better.

Thanks,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/133210-bsod-alienware-m17.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello folks, please help me chose, which laptop should i buy.
1. The new alienware 15, 6th gen icore 5 (basically the first one) but i will upgrade to 16G ram. Giving me a total of about £1330 click here The asus Rog series for £1400 click here
Which one is worth the money? Please explain your option.
And is the uhd screen reqlly worth it
OR

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/new-alienware-vs-asus-rog-4606184/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello all Laptop runs Windows Home Premium bit oem System is less than months old Never had to reinstall OS no prior issues I've recently been getting these random BSODs on my laptop It occurs randomly sometimes during high stress on my cpu gpu gaming etc and even during low usage surfing net etc I've scoured the internet looking for answers Almost all the time when I view my dumps I see the following as a probable cause ntoskrnl exe nt I've even read on the Alienware forums that this could be due to overclocking my cpu of which I have now turned off completely In safemode the laptop can run for hours on end with no hiccups I've run multiple memory scans already - passes no issues dos checkdisks virus malware scans and even device driver on Alienware BSOD verifiers This has lead me to believe that it could be a driver issue immediately BSODs after the verifer step and restarts of which I had to do a BSOD on Alienware system restore I've retained an old set of Nvidia drivers so that I can play a few old school games I'm pulling my hair out here I'm afraid to do anything important on my laptop in fear of randomly losing corrupting files Even watching movies off of Netflix has been postponed Please advise

A:BSOD on Alienware

Try to run SFC /scannow from an elevated command prompt.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/120755-bsod-alienware.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys, i was looking at this laptop, and was wondering how good it is, and if it is a good buy for the price:

First: i wanted to know if Alienware is a good laptop brand to get? how good is it compared to hp and dell?

Alienware Area 51 M7700 Intel Pentium 4 3.4Ghz with Hyper Threading Technology
1GB Ram DDR 2 400mhz
17 inch Widescreen WSXGA (1680 x 1050) TFT LCD
ATI Moblility X800, 256mb DDR 3 PCI Express x16
80gb 5400rpm Hard drive with 16mb Cache
Memory Card Reader
Synaptics Touch Pad Mouse
Audio Jukebox music controls, allow CD's to be played even when the laptop is turned off
SRS WOW Audio, 4 Speakers and one subwoofer built in
DVD Dual Layer Burner
Multiple USB ports and firewire ports
Windows Vista Home
NO faults, damages, dead pixels, etc, pretty much brand new condition.

PRICE:- $1200

Relevancy 34.4%

Every time I cold boot, I get the BSOD-then a memory dump. After the memory dump I am given the Windows screen of running Diagnostics or Start Windows normally. I arrow down to Start normally and no problem! I can restart at any time with complete sucess. The dump show an error with .atikmdag.sys. I have read the instructions and hope I can successfully compress and Upload all the files.
My computer is an Aurora R3 overclocked to 3.4. Intel 4 core processor with hyper threading. It is water cooled and I can find nothing wrong by running all the Dell Diagnostics-hdwe. wise so I think it's a problem with the AMD driver.
There goes nothing!

A:BSOD on Alienware

Hello harmie ... please post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255209-bsod-alienware.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all,
I need some help setting up the WOL function on my pc. I disabled the "deep sleep control" in the bios, I enabled the three checkboxes in the device manager related to WOL but the WOL works only if I put the pc in sleep mode, if I shut it down it doesn't work.
Another little thing that can be useful is that when I shut the pc down my ethernet ports repeater doesn't receive signals from it but, if I unplug and replug the power cable, it shows traffic (as you can see in the image, the pc port is the number 2) but the WOL still doesn't work.
Sorry for the poor english I did my best. Every suggestion is welcome , Thank you in advance.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/129547-wake-lan-alienware-x51-r2.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi i bought a alienware 13 through dells financing and have had it for probably a month now and week of having it i had a no power issue and i sent into the repair depot and i got it back fixed but not even 24 hours after using i got the same problem i sent it in for.I phone dell and talked with a alienware live agent and wanted to cancel the financing which he told me was fine and that he would be sending me a shipping lable to send it back i still have not received any emails or shipping lables telling me what the next step is or whats even going on. I refuse to pay for something that won't work.

A:Alienware 13 Won't Power On

The point at which you can return a system for replacement ends 21 days after the system ships.
You will need to have the system repaired -- if another repair attempt fails, ask for a replacement system.
However, if you stop payments on the system, all that will happen is that you'll damage your FICO score.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987456
Relevancy 34.4%

I have an Alienware m laptop computer that I have had for only months and already the video card has gone bad I never had an overheating problem and the warranty is out As you know finding video cards for laptops is a pain in the you know what especially for Alienware laptops considering the video card isn t attached to the motherboard you can remove it When I called them about a replacement or something they said they didn t have any and told me to check three websites which none of them had it either I have searched everywhere through google ebay amazon etc to no avail When I asked alienware off Wow, ripped me them what they would have done if it was under warranty they couldn t answer me a supervisor So now I m stuck here with an unusable computer that I still have to pay about K on simply because there is no such video card in Wow, alienware ripped me off the world that would work with Wow, alienware ripped me off my laptop I m Wow, alienware ripped me off not an expert on video cards but this paper with info on it says I had a R NVIDIA GO with MB MXM Hybrid Video Card Is there anything I can do nbsp

A:Wow, alienware ripped me off

How do you know the problem is with your video card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wow-alienware-ripped-me-off.726763/
Relevancy 34.4%

why are alienwares so overpriced? how is an alienware with the same specs as a dell xps better and more expensive?

A:Alienware vs. Dell

Alienware actually makes sure all your parts will give you great performance.
Dell has this habit of saying "Intel inside" with a 3.0 ghz CPU and 512mb of RAM.
Then you buy the system and find out you can't upgrade anything in it and you bought a 3ghz Celeron with 512mb of PC133 RAM.
If your buying a DELL, look very closely at whats in it. There is almost always a huge bottleneck in the system that they expect you to overlook.

Alienware will always put great parts in their system, do a system burn in and then ship it. I have heard their Customer support is a little lacking though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alienware-vs-dell.392454/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a question, my brother is giving me his (I have no clue why) Alien Ware computer and everyone says I'm so lucky because those are really good computers! Are they really that great?

P.S. Click on the picture! That's what I'm getting.

A:AlienWare Computer!

I love mine. And just for the record- I dont believe you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-computer.13145/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello!
Need Dell specialist to comment my suggestion. I'd like to upgrade my original GTX 660 in my X51 R1 (i7-2600, 16Gb RAM, 330W PSU) to new GTX 1060 not overclocked in reference design. But I'm not sure if I'd need to fix Power issue (change original power board to D85RT (from X51 R2). The problem is that if I'll need to change power board it will be not very simple quest)) I'm living in Russia so if I'd like to change powerboard it costs near 150$ and it takes 2 month to get it (it's like overclocking price from US where it costs 42$ by x3 ratio)))))
So I'd like to know if it will be going on my stock configuration without problems (GTX 1060 on X51 R1)?
Power consumtion of not overclocked GTX 1060 is less than GTX 660 (from nVidia specs), but I'm not sure.
Thanks.

A:Alienware X51 R1 upgrade GPU

The GTX950 and the 1060 use only 1 6 pin connector so I don't see this as an issue.   You would want a Short version though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125901

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19993413
Relevancy 34.4%

I did a fresh install of windows and i would like to get everything running back to the way it use to, everything seems a bit slower now and i'm thinking its because of the drivers and i can seem to find them for this model.

Also if anyone knows how to re add my fingerprint scanner to log into windows that would be great!

Thanks, Bay_Easy

A:Anyone know where i can get all the drivers for ( Alienware m17-r1)

In reference to your sound post and this post, I now see you have a Dell Alienware.

Here is the Dell/Alienware M17X drivers (they don't list an "r1", just R2 and R3) for Vista 64 bit. They should work OK with Windows 7 64 bit. Dell does not have Windows 7 specific drivers for this model.
Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

If you are still having problems after installing the drivers, Dell has an Alienware owners users helping users support forum. Suggest you repost there, as you can get help from those familiar with your specific model.
Alienware Club - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/261012-anyone-know-where-i-can-get-all-drivers-alienware-m17-r1.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Can you connect a smart TV and blue tooth mouse and keyboard to an Alienware 17 then put it up and leave on thus using it as a desktop (tower replacement)

A:Using Alienware 17 as desk top

Yes, subject to the fact that notebooks are not designed for 24/7 operation as desktops are -- you will shorten the lifespan of the system if you run it this way.
There are plenty of less expensive ways than a high-end notebook to do this job -- if you're displaying video, even a $200 HTPC will do the job just fine without committing a $2K notebook to the job.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986545
Relevancy 34.4%

My Alienware was my backup computer until my primary computer died Now that it is my primary computer I have experienced frequent BSODs I use this computer primarily for gaming 18 on BSODs Alienware Warcraft To my knowledge the crashes have only occurred during gaming Note There should be many more crash reports so I'm not sure why only two appear in the C Windows Minidump folder I disabled CCleaner from deleting these files Win is up-to-date as are all of my drivers I don't know what else to check Purchased Sep Here are some specs if it helps Processor Intel Core i - MX CPU GHz GHz Installed memory RAM GB GB usable System type -bit Operating System x -based processor Although BSODs on Alienware 18 this info is probably redundant with the information in the attached file I included it in case there's anything helpful in it It is from quot WhoCrashed quot On Sat GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C WINDOWS memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module Unknown xFFFF D E Bugcheck code x x xFFFF D E xFFFF D E E x Error KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE Bug check description The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error Google query KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll xFFFFF E Bugcheck code xA x C xD x xFFFFF E Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C WINDOWS system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt xD FF Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF B FF xFFFFAC DD B C xFFFFAC DD B BF Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M file path C WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time Conclusion crash dumps have been found and analyzed Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further Thanks in advance for your assistance

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66960-bsods-alienware-18-a.html
Relevancy 34.4%

What is it?  I have a duo Intel core Tower. Not a Notebook. No Lenovo equipment? MBAM clean, ESET clean, 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alienware .. and I play no games..... thanks for looking

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629496/alienware-in-regedit/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello all I am hope I have come to the right place to get some help I have an Alienware Area It has been a good laptop for years although never the gamer I d hoped for So here is my problem it shuts off Alienware oddities no reason no warning just shuts off when ever If I am lucky it will boot up again if it doesn t then I don t get anything at all execpt optical drive activity if there is a disk in No video at all At first i thouht maybe over heating so I took it apart and cleaned out the dust and reseated the video card and memory and made sure all of the fan were working That made no differnece either even running it with the covers Alienware oddities off It also at some point corrupted the OS and the system files so I figured this was a good time to do a fresh install For the most part it went well and I had almost convinced myself the problem had gone away But it has resurfaced after a few days of constantly being on This time however when I rebooted I got a BSOD saying PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Alienware specs G P G memory PC M Gforce FX GO G rpm HITACHI HD I am out of ideas short of sending it to Alienware for repairs so I hope some one out there has some good info Thanks nbsp

A:Alienware oddities

sounds like a faulty memory to me. if you have two dimms, try to run the laptop with one and then the other.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-oddities.92643/
Relevancy 34.4%

Yo,
I have an Alienware M11x with Intel core 2 duo processor clocked up to 1.73 Ghz, with 4GB DDR3 crucial RAM, and Nvidia 335 GM (1GB) and I'm not quite sure how well it should cope with most modern games...

I have FIFA 11 and COD Black ops, of which FIFA 11 doesn't play smoothly on medium graphics with no AA on 1368x768 resolution (less than 30fps), and cod black ops on low graphics no AA on 1368x768 doesn't play smoothly (less than 30fps).

I'd of thought I would get better fps but maybe I'm being naive, how can I improve these fps as I'm sure I should be getting better.

Due to the hybrid graphics, it's hard to find an update for the graphics card driver that works!

Cheers

A:Alienware m11x bad fps?

I'm actually on the fence about buying one of these - want a small laptop that can game and this *seems* to fit the bill, but the FPS that you are reporting I have seen reported for those games in other places.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m11x/531858-blacks-ops-all-m11x-revisions.html

There's one thread I found with Google - apparently the Steam forums are overloaded with complaints as well. I don't know how much help you will find with that thread, but you aren't the only one having issues.

Making me think twice about getting an m11x. Sad, as it's such a beautiful machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-m11x-bad-fps.156786/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I am a IT Student A few days ago my laptop crashed with the error code xc e At first I thought it was a windows boot error Because sometimes it boots sometimes it doesnt So I restarted windows even though it was hard due to the pc booting sometimes and sometimes not After resetting I reinstalled all the drivers updates Problems? 13 HDD ALIENWARE the ALIENWARE 13 HDD Problems? BIOS and now I have this error saying an error has occured press ctrl alt delete to restart Or sometimes the check cable connection PXE-MOF Exiting PXE ROM reboot and select proper boot device or insertboot media in selected boot device and press a key Otherwise it would just boot normally I checked chkdsk when it booted and it showed no error also used the program CRYSTALDISKINFO the status was good Any info on ALIENWARE 13 HDD Problems? what should I do Please ALIENWARE 13 HDD Problems? help P s the product is still under warranty although alienware is not supported by dell in my country which is the Philippines

A:ALIENWARE 13 HDD Problems?

This actually is a boot error (the error code 0xc000000e) but the options you chose to use to fix it, probably wouldn't help.

Try inserting the installation disk (if you were given one) and boot from that. Then you want to choose "Repair your computer".

If this doesn't resolve it, then you should contact the manufacturer. If it is under warranty, it is under warranty, and they should repair or replace it.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3125411/alienware-hdd-problems.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I ve made Alienware Laptop an ordered of a laptop from Alienware and wondering how it do Area- m Processor Intel Core Duo Processor T GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Operating System Office software not included Genuine Windows Vista Basic Display Alienware m quot WideXGA x LCD - Saucer Silver Motherboard Alienware Intel PM ICH Chipset Memory GB Dual Channel DDR SO-DIMM Alienware Laptop at MHz - x MB System Drive GB Serial ATA Gb s RPM w NCQ amp MB Cache Primary CD ROM DVD ROM X Dual Layer DVD -RW X CD-RW Combo w Software Video Graphics Card MB NVidia GeForce Go Sound Card Intel High-Definition Audio Wireless Network Card Internal Intel PRO Wireless a b g Mini-Card Communications Integrated Mb Gigabit Ethernet amp K V Modem Power Additional AC Adapter - Alienware m Watt Auto-switch Adapter Warranty -Year AlienCare Toll-Free Phone Support w Onsite Service Alienware T-Shirt Alienware T-Shirt - Black - Price Includes Instant Rebate - XL Alienware T-Shirt Alienware T-Shirt - White - Price Includes Instant Rebate - XL Special Financing Offer No Interest for Months - Valid only with the Alienware Credit Card SubTotal Shipping Discount Tax Order Total nbsp

A:Alienware Laptop

Hey that's not a bad price at all. But keep in mind that Alienware's customer support has deteriorated over the years, not the least due to them being owned by Dell. I'd suggest the Zatoichi from www.killernotebooks.com. Sure, it's a Turion X2 but you can get a custom skin on it, as well as a bigger HDD for a lower price than the Alienware. Give it a shot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-laptop.69403/
Relevancy 34.4%

So I have a Alienware X51 with a Core i3 3220, 6gb of ram, 1tb HDD, and a GeForce GTX 645 GPU I have all the power requirements calculated out and the machine will handle the 650ti power wise but I don't know about the temps will my Alienware X51 handle a non blower style cooler

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19984490
Relevancy 34.4%

So I have a Alienware X51 with a Core i3 3220, 6gb of ram, 1tb HDD, and a GeForce GTX 645 GPU I have all the power requirements calculated out and the machine will handle the 650ti power wise but I don't know about the temps will my Alienware X51 handle a non blower style cooler

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19984499
Relevancy 34.4%

So just  last night when I went to sleep, I put my laptop to sleep. When I woke up the pc looked like it had been damaged. But that's not the case, or I don't think so.
But anyway, it would not turn on.
But now by some MIRACLE, the power button is glowing. And I believe its still asleep but, I can't wake it up by hard reset. Nor is it a display issue.
So yeah, Having some issues. Any solutions?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988545
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys I recently got my entire motherboard on my Alienware m18xr2 replaced after an issue. Now whenever I go to run a game no matter how basic it is the game always crashes... What could be the problem as I'm not into computers as much as id like to be.

It's also running 2 nvidia graphics cards totalling up to 4gm of graphics and 24gb of ram.

The games all worked
Prior to the mother board
Replacement and that's why I can't get
My head around the issue. I've installed a fresh version of Windows with the 30 day trial just to get it to work but no luck as of yet!

Thank you in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alienware-m18xr2-help.1167255/
Relevancy 34.4%

I recently purchased an Alienware R It has the gb m graphics card It has the intel integrated graphics from the i cpu I have an asus monitor capable of hz that I successfully get fps when hooked up to my desktop I want to hook this thing up to my new Alienware R The alienware has an HDMI port and a mini display port I have a DVI-D Dual Link cable attached to my monitor On the other end hooked up to my laptop I have an Apple Mini Display Port to DVI adapter This adapter looks get 17 Can't Alienware 144hz using R2 just like my cable the full x grid with Can't get 144hz using Alienware 17 R2 a single flat line Well when I plug this contraption in I still only get hz I also notice then when I go to Display Settings - gt Advanced Display Settings - gt Display adapter properties then the quot Adapter Type quot is set to the Intel R HD Graphics nbsp While there I went to quot Monitor quot and attempted to change the refresh rate to hz as I ve done on my desktop It s not an option in the dropdown box though I m wondering if somehow it needs to be set to use the Graphics card Next I tried to just hook up an HDMI cable I had the same results Thinking that maybe I could just disable to the Integrated graphics I went into device manager and disabled the integrated graphics then restarted my computer I noticed that it really dumbed down my display The adapter then said Basic Display Adapter So what s going on here Do I need to change some setting somewhere

A:Can't get 144hz using Alienware 17 R2

Hi,
Did you manage to find a solution for your problem, i have a similar one i own an alienware 17 880m (2014) and used to be able to get 144 hz via mini dp to dp on an acer xb270h external monitor. i did use the nvidia card with the intel disabled fn+f5. now after lots of driver updates the max i can get is 60 hz.. Any help would be appreciated

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19666591
Relevancy 34.4%

hello guys, I'm a noobie-noob asking a noobietubie question

Can I upgrade my graphic card on my alienware laptop?

reason asking is some guys say it's possible, some say it isn't.

Ty and sorry for asking a noob question.

A:Alienware M15x help please

For your notebook, it's possible.

According to the manual for the M15x it uses discrete graphics cards:

MXM 3.0 Type B compliant cards with individual power budget of 35W and 65W

You probably won't find an upgrade card in a shop, though, unlike graphics cards for desktops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/153893-alienware-m15x-help-please.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok I have a alienware m9750 with 2 7950s in SLi and 2 gigs of ram.

Ok Every game i have. Weather it be age of empires 3 or OBlivion LAGS. Ive updated drivers ive enabled sli. I dont know what to do PLease help. THanks

A:ALIENWARE issues

Bump PLEase any suggestions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/alienware-issues-278189.html
Relevancy 34.4%

My GPU and CPU overheat way to easily. I am more worried about my gpu. I can fix the cpu. My guess at idle is 50 Celsius  when playing a simple game it hits 86 C. Mine overheats way too easily I can't even play a pixel game. I would just like some assistance on how to fix the drivers. BTW I have a Nvidia 760 Ti OEM. Thank you!

A:Alienware x51 r2 overheating

You'll probably get a better response if you re-post this in the Alienware Club forum.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682833
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a 1 year old Alienware 17 R2 that has a broken/problematic LCD screen -- the colors are faded and there are violet spots all over.  I'm sure that this is a hardware issue (LCD screen) because when I connect it on an external monitor/TV, the display is okay.
My laptop is still covered by the warranty.  I purchased this in the US and moved it here in PH -- where I am based.  
How do I get support or claim warranty?  I've already did the "transfer of ownership" online, contacted several Dell Support channels (including the one in India), but I've been passed from one to another without getting help.
Who do I need to call or email so that someone can help me?

A:Alienware LCD screen

Hi 2EZ4CY,
If the screen is physically broken, then it would not be covered under warranty, unless you have accidental coverage purchased with the order. 
When you say PH, do you mean Philippines?  If you could send me a private message with the service tag of the system and your contact details, then I could check and confirm if the warranty transfer has been complete to your current residing country or not. And we could also confirm your warranty info.
Could you also write a detailed description of the issue? Also, post a screenshot of the issue?
You could choose to contact us via this forum or via Twitter - @AlienwareTech or Facebook - http://bit.ly/1Ss1Kus
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682957
Relevancy 34.4%

So after being happy about upgrading my 660 to a 770 it turned out that my so called "GAMING PC" cant be upgraded to the 770 because of the psu 250w that cant be changed to a bigger one and for the 770 it uses 250 which in this case can never work on this, so i've asked some guy and he told me that for a 250w psu you need to get a GPU that uses max 180w in order to get it to run with my x51
so bottom line i need your help to tell me what GPU should i get ?as what is the most powerful GPU can i have on this pc,thanks.

A:Need help Choosing a GPU for my Alienware x51

Why can't you change the PSU? I wouldn't want be gaming with a 250W PSU to be honest.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/335047-need-help-choosing-gpu-my-alienware-x51.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi
I've bought Alienware 15r2  on december 2015.
I have an issue with battery:
It holds charge only 2 hours. During this time I don't play games only surf in  the internet (I read text)
But it's said that it would hold charge for 5 hours on different forums
Is it battery issue?
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990075
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello i want to buy a gaming pc for around £900(i think thats around $1500), i was going to buy the Alienware Aurora but i hear alienware is very overpriced and wondered if there is a cheaper alternative, if not is there a equivalent custom build that you could suggest. my computer knowledge is very basic so if someone could link me a equivalent spec that would be great.
Many Thanks Douganaut

A:Alienware Alternative please!

heyya Douganaut, I've edited out your email, as that's an excellent way to get put on spam lists.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alienware-alternative-please.1012953/