Windows Support Forum

Old processor: Intel Q9550 still good enough for my use?

Q: Old processor: Intel Q9550 still good enough for my use?

So I purchased the Intel Q9550 about four years ago, and I'm wondering for how long it will hold. I recently purchased a new graphics card: SAPPHIRE RADEON HD7870 2GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP, and I am wondering for how long this old processor can
last before I have to change it to something better. Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Old processor: Intel Q9550 still good enough for my use?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Old processor: Intel Q9550 still good enough for my use?

Thats a question that only you can answer for yourself. If you are still happy with it then it is still good enough for your use.

Personally for Intel CPU's any quad core is still plenty of power for an average user. I might shake my finger at a LGA775 dual core but not a quad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-processor-intel-q9550-still-good-enough-for-my-use.184846/
Relevancy 76.97%

Will i see a notable difference in gaming performance? I have 4GB of RAM and GTX570.

Thank you.

Relevancy 75.25%

I used to have celeron a couple years ago, and it sucks.
Computer is not stable at all, but it might have changed now.
What is your opinion on this one?

A:Is Intel Celeron a good processor?

Still low end.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-intel-celeron-a-good-processor.279787/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi people, i am in the market for a new processor and i just wanted to know what are some good one made by intel. I have heard of the i7's and i5's but i'm wondering which kind i should get. The main purpose I want to buy a new processor is b/c of gaming mostly and some video rendering. The current processor i have now is a intel Pentum D 2.8GHz, and its a about a six year old PC. I have upgraded the ram and GPU thats a 06 model. So is it worth it to upgrade or buy a new PC and will i have to get a new motherboard if I upgrade my CPU.

A:Whats a good processor to get(intel)

Yes you would also have to buy a new motherboard to upgrade to a more modern CPU since yours is so old. You can do some research by going to the Intel site and researching new motherboard socket types and processors and be sure to match the socket type to the processor you are interested in. You would also have to upgrade ram and quite possibly the video card depending on what type of games you want to play.

You can either buy a new computer or build your own which will get you more hardware for the money and you may be able to use your old case, DVD player, power supply but prior research is the key.

First: select a budget for your build/new computer.
Second: select hardware, and features that you want ensuring hardware compatibility
Third: ensure power supply is powerful enough to run all your modern hardware, Newer higher end cards require a 500 W+ power supply. Most store bought computers also contain a low rated cheap power supply.

Fourth: Keep posting as you choose hardware/features of your own build or pre-built computer so other members can advise on whether items/computer chosen match your needs, are a good deal and most of all compatible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156109-whats-good-processor-get-intel.html
Relevancy 72.24%

THIS IS NOT AN OVERCLOCKING GUIDE A lot of people have problems with this combination The P N-e motherboard does state that a processor motherboard. Guide P5N-e Q9550 with a using to it supports Guide to using a Q9550 processor with a P5N-e motherboard. nm processors and Guide to using a Q9550 processor with a P5N-e motherboard. Quad-Core processors However if you are just a plug-n-play kind of PC builder you are going to hit some problems problems which occur with this setup are Processor running at GHz instead of GHz Processor cores running at very high temperatures when idle for example this may not seem hot but let me tell you it is when playing UT the cores go very high for example If you have this combination and have the above problems this is how you fix each one Before you read any further make sure the motherboard BIOS is ver or later If your BIOS is lower than this version you will need a USB drive Download the BIOS firmware from http support asus com download download aspx and extract it to the USB drive Make sure the USB drive is plugged in and restart the computer Press DEL to enter BIOS then go to Tools gt EZ-Flash Once there you should see a list of files which are on the USB drive scroll down until you find the firmware and select it If you do not see the files in your USB drive press tab and change the target drive in the left pane Once the flashing starts the rest is automated so just wait Once it is done power off your computer for mins and remove the power cord or toggle the toggler what lol I m not sure why this has to be done but somebody said it is best to do this Processor running at Ghz This problem is caused by the P N-e motherboard setting the CPU multiplier to x by default The Q processor requires the CPU Multiplier to be at x This can be set in the BIOS Go to Advanced gt CPU Configuration and you should see CPU multiplier set this to x F and speed problem solved I know the above image uses x but it s just an example Running hot This problem caused me a fair bit of worry until I realized what was going on The CPU is designed to run on - V yet the P N-E SLI motherboard and possibly other boards sets it to V Yeah it gets fairly hot because of that To Fix this go in to BIOS and head over to Advanced gt Jumper Free Configuration set the AI Tuning to Manual then go into Voltage Control Here change the VCORE Voltage to Press F and you are now set Problem solved I hope this helps all the people who are having trouble using the Q processor with the Asus P N-e SLI motherboard nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/guide-to-using-a-q9550-processor-with-a-p5n-e-motherboard.854926/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey I consider myself moderately tech an Will Q9550 an 410? XPS in Intel work savvy but I don t know all that much about processors so excuse me if this is a noobish question I got Will an Intel Q9550 work in an XPS 410? an XPS just about years ago right before Will an Intel Q9550 work in an XPS 410? going to college Also since I m new it isnt letting me post links and when I just post the URLs and say remove link Will an Intel Q9550 work in an XPS 410? it s still blocking me from posting it so sorry no direct links I ll try to suffice It has an Intel Core Q CPU Nvidia GTS MB GBs of DDR Ram So I m wanting to upgrade the CPU and Video Card CPU Intel Core Quad Q Yorkfield GHz sorry no links allowed for Newbs like me Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX FTW Edition MB Not really relevant to the problem I m just providing it so you guys don t think I m just upgrading the CPU and leaving the crappy vid card I know it ll work and also for the super observant among you I know I have to buy a new PSU because of the s stock watt PSU It also might be worth noting that since buying it I ve downgraded from Vista that came with it to XP Pro both bit So I was looking around and saw that the socket is the right one but that sometimes the chipsets aren t compatible Here are the details I could find on my MotherBoard Manufacturer Dell Model CT Chipset Intel R G Express Chipset Though on CPU-Z it also says P not sure if that matters Socket LGA Documentation again sorry not allowed to link so exuse the ghettoness Google quot XPS Documentation quot gt English gt Service Manual gt Specifications Google quot Intel desktop chipsets comparison chart quot gt Scroll to P or G they re the same as far as I can tell So at first glance it would look like the Processor I want wouldn t work but according to the documentation the one I have right now wouldn t work either So I assume the documentation is just outdated I saw somebody I believe on this forum in a post from about a year ago who was actually trying to upgrade to the processor I have right now Apparently Dell just updated the BIOS so it would work with them So now contrary to the documentation the chipset supports Quad Core Processing but would it support the newer quad core processors Hope that s enough background on the situation Sorry if this post is a little rambling I ve been trying to figure this out for hours and my brain s a little fried nbsp

A:Will an Intel Q9550 work in an XPS 410?

I dont think that it will will work, but may i ask why do you want to upgrade your CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-an-intel-q9550-work-in-an-xps-410.133920/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there i have recently got an intel q9550 quad cpu.My problem is that in task manager it only shows 1 core i cannot chage it either to see all 4 cores.It was fine before i played a game then after the game it only showed my pc is using 1 core.I have restarted a few times but nothing also i am running xp x64 is they any bugs with this or is they anything i should know about.Any adive is very appreciated thx.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-q9550-problem.842443/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all. Simple question.
Would a Intel Q9550 Quad core CPU be worth the $100(AUD) I can get one for, over my current CPU?
I know my rigs old but shes all ive got for now until I built one from scratch in about 2 years time.
Uses are web,email, gaming, some photo editing, storing/opening manuals/catalogues and some 3D work such as google sketch ect....Any/all help appreciated.
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5G41T-M LX (LGA775)
VS248 ([email protected])
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series (XFX Pine Group)
465GB SAMSUNG HD501LJ ATA Device (SATA)
SONY DVD RW DRU-840A ATA Device
ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device
PSU Silverstone 500w SST-ST50F-230

A:Intel Q9550 worth $100 (AUD)?

The Q9550 is still a solid quad core CPU, especially in comparison to the E7500 which is a bit anaemic thanks to its 3MB L2 cache (the Q9550 of course is blessed with 12MB). If completion time is a priority for content creation then it does represent a decent upgrade for your system.

I wouldn't recommend any overclocking adventures with that board though. While virtually any Q9550 (especially the E0 revision) runs at 400 FSB ( 3.4GHz) or better with anything above the stock cooler, the power draw goes up fairly markedly also, so stability is very dependant upon the voltage regulation of the board and the PSU's capacity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-q9550-worth-100-aud.207146/
Relevancy 70.52%

I bought GTX 570 and found that my current CPU(intel X6800) cant handle it to its max, so i found Q9550 for a very good deal. Since i cant afford changing the entire motherboard that supports DDR3 RAM just for socket change, i intend to stick with LGA775 for a while and upgrade to Q9550 CPU.

In your opinion, how does this CPU handle modern gaming?

Thanks!

A:How is intel Q9550 handling modern games?

erm, anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-is-intel-q9550-handling-modern-games.1029384/
Relevancy 70.52%

hey yall, i come here whenever i have a problem, and you always are very helpful. so i come with a relatively simple problem. i just bought an intel quad core q9550 2.83ghz cpu. but whenever i start up, it says its running at 2.67ghz. my question is this: how can i clock it up to the specified amount (i have never attempted an overclock before, so i appeal to your collective years of wisdom).

A:Overclocking of an intel q9550 quad core

HI Darth,
I have an idea what it might be. have you checked in your bios to see what your multiplier is set at? i suspect it might be at 8. and i think you have a place where you can fine tune and add that .5 to the multiplier. another thought is that the dynamic energy saver, is changing the X down and up to 8.5 under load. im a AMD guy, but i have heard of this. im sure one of the more lernid in here will be more specific.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-of-an-intel-q9550-quad-core.113034/
Relevancy 69.66%

I just purchased an Intel Q9550 to replace my 6300 (core 2 duo 1.86).
It is running much slower than it should be (2.0)
I am guessing it has something to do with the FSB? Idk.
Or is this the speed stepping...?
The only reason it concerns me, is I'm not seeing a noticeable difference between my new processor and old. And am seeign spikes up to 70%, even when nothing was running.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My motherboard supports Quad cores by they way.

Windows XP SP3
Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L Motherboard
Intel Q9550 Core 2 Quad 2.83ghz
4GB of Kingston Memory
Intel G31 video card
Motherboard supports FSB up to 1333.

A:Intel Q9550 running at 2.0ghz...HELP please!(photo inside)

The Q9550 with E0 stepping wasn't fully supported by your board until BIOS revision
F7.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2693

Does your BIOS need to be updated?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-q9550-running-at-2-0ghz-help-please-photo-inside.826611/
Relevancy 69.66%

Right motherboard or what's q6600 for a memory CPU? and good q9550 now I am looking between the q q q and q processors I am looking at either x or p chipset motherboards and DDR memory no ddr The video card I will what's good motherboard and memory for a q6600 or q9550 CPU? be using is ATI HD with a possible nd one of them for the future with crossfire Also I need a motherboard that supports memory remapping so that windows will recognize all GB of DDR RAM that I will be using My question is mainly what memory should I go with I want low timing memory say no worse than - - - but what speed Let s take DDR - mhz memory for example Let s say we overclock the bus speed on the CPU what's good motherboard and memory for a q6600 or q9550 CPU? to mhz quad pumped mhz With an multiplier this would be ghz cpu clock Now in this configuration the memory would be completely synchronous with the cpu fsb right Another situation- say we have the q which has a bus speed of mhz quad pumped mhz Going by the same logic to get with the memory you would use mhz memory but to me that seems way too low I am getting confused so can someone just tell me with a certain bus speed say mhz for the q series cpus or mhz for the q s series cpus what the proper ddr memory speeds I should be using Also I am wondering if it is recommended to get a higher clock memory than you actually need and underclock it to allow for lower timings Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey People! I'm new here... Greets for everyone!

Anyway, I wanna build new system and now I am looking for the best processor to use?

As motherboard I am using Biostar Hi Fi A85W and I wanna put 6 GB DDR3 RAM on it. My graphics card will be my prior GTX 450. what do you guys think? my budget will be 200$

A:Good processor for good price?

Well, the best processor you can get is the A10-6800K which will work perfectly with your budget of $200. I believe the CPU is only about $150.00 at most retailers online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-processor-for-good-price.194459/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am building a new system and now I am looking for the best processor to use? As motherboard I am using Biostar Hi Fi A85W and i wanna put 6 GB DDR3 RAM on it. My graphics card will be my prior GTX 450.

any thoughts?

A:What good PROCESSOR for good cost??

what do you intend to do with the machine? Gaming, light or heavy? Video editing, CAD, etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-good-processor-for-good-cost.1104102/
Relevancy 52.46%

Better processor for a laptop - AMD or Intel?

Relevancy 52.46%

Will intel introduce any new processor family in the year 2011?

Relevancy 52.46%

Can i have an honest opinion if any of these AMD processors will be more future proof, Best for gaming, best for multitasking and overall best

Intel i3 2120

AMD Athlon II X3 450 3.2GHz

AMD FX-4 4100 Black Edition

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

AMD FX-6 6100 Black Edition

AMD Athlon II X3 460

I will be using 4gb of RAM and a GTX550 ti as my graphics card
If you could suggest any other good CPUs for under ?90 i would be gratefull

A:Intel i3 or AMD Processor

The FX series is the latest from AMD

The PhenomII x4 965 is last generation but still runs like a Workhorse easy to Overclock

The Intel is last Genration as well

I5 Ivy Bridge is the latest I5 Sandy bridge latest or was according to the members here there are some with intergrated graphics some don't depends on your budget and standards there is a K series etc

For some Intel is the way to go and The other half AMD

I would say if you are on a Budget get what works for you with that being said there is never going to be Future proof anything in 2 years or less the next big thing will be here so choose wisely

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/250587-intel-i3-amd-processor.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey I am new to this site thing.. I am an IT student and I use my computer a lot for general use and on the internet so I do a lot of multi tasking. Which CPU would be more beneficial and why?

I am just wondering if I should go for the Intel or an AMD...????

Thank you heaps

ITgal xxx

OOPS sorri just been reading the previous post about this...Got the info I need thank you!

A:Should I go for a Intel or AMD processor

I would defently go with amd, but what's your price range?

A lack of knowledge is a a burden

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-go-for-a-intel-or-amd-processor.44255/
Relevancy 52.46%

Which processor are you using and how it is better than the rival ?

A:Is your processor the best ? (AMD VS Intel)

@sinu

That is such a difficult question since there are advantages and disadvantages to both - like everything else IT. In any case, if given the choice, I would choose Intel for best compatibility.

Performance from either AMD or Intel - even on the low end - is more than likely sufficient for daily, typical use - unless you are running CPU-intensive softs.

AMD has a price advantage with decent performance, but AMD firmware and drivers can cause problems with some security softs - especially Comodo. AMD is constantly updating its softs and this causes Comodo to detect it as Unrecognized and then sandbox it. On my system some AMD\ATI drivers were sandboxed and it caused all sorts of problems until I fixed the issue locally and Comodo white-listed those files.

On top of it all, ATI was absorbed by AMD, but AMD never digitally signed those ATI files... so that's another issue.

Only through experience does one really know what the pros and cons are for both hardware and software = no clear cut answers.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/is-your-processor-the-best-amd-vs-intel.49116/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

Trying to decide on new desktop PC with W 10.
No gaming.
Just household use, internet and Photos, etc.

Think I would notice any difference if I order one with a 4 th generation Intel processor rather than
the newer 6 th generation ?

Other than speed, I imagine, any other meaningful differences ?

Thanks,
Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/385137-4-th-6-gen-intel-processor.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Ok so i know i should just upgrade my motherboard, RAM and processor but dont really have the money to do so. I am looking at the Pentium D processors for my Gigabyte motherboard. Here is a link with compatable processors listed:

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=2257

The Pentium D 950 is the highest on the list compatable.

There all pretty cheap online, just wondering which one to get. Thanks

A:Looking at new Intel processor

Yea you don't have a lot of options for processors, so I would just opt for the one you picked. If they are cheap enough it will suffice until you can upgrade. Personally, I would try to find an even cheaper used chip to use, unless you need a new cooler as well.

The 945 seems to have the same credentials, so you could look for either...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-at-new-intel-processor.162137/
Relevancy 52.46%

(self explanatory)

Also do Amd processers and Amd Gpu run better together

If I was to get Intel or Amd please state what variant to get!

A:Amd or Intel processor?

AMD GPU > Intel GPU
AMD CPU < Intel CPU

If you want an i5 then get an i5, if you want an i7 then get an i7, and so on... Depends on your needs. You may get by with a Pentium G620

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/6389-amd-intel-processor.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there,

I finally building my first PC. Learnt how to do it years ago at college but never had the moeny to do it until now. Processors have moved on a bit since then and I'm no really sure whats what.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a Pentium D and Pentium 4? and which is the better one to go for. Also is a big cache essential?

Damien

A:Which is the best Intel processor to go for?

Hi Damien,

damienb said:

Which is the best Intel processor to go for?Click to expand...

well, the fastest/most powerful processor is the intel Core-2-Duo. but it carries a higher price tag so it may not be the "best" depending on your budget.

damienb said:

what is the difference is between a Pentium D and Pentium 4?Click to expand...

simply put, the Pentium-D is a dual core Pentium-4.

damienb said:

which is the better one to go for?Click to expand...

that depends on your personal computing needs and your budget. a dual-core CPU will excell at multi-threaded applications and multi-tasking, but will not offer any performance boost for single-threaded applications (as most still are even today). the 2 cores on a dual core CPU cannot work as 1 single core, so a single threaded application will only run on 1 of the 2 cores.

since a dual-core CPU costs more, then you may benefit more from a faster single core CPU for the same price. even though dual-cores have been out for a while now, they have only recently entered the mainstream computer market. so as we move into the future, more and more applications will be written to take advantage of multi-cored CPUs.

as far as choosing which one, I would suggest you set a budget, then see what is available in both single core and dual core models and decide whether you want 1 fast core, or 2 slower cores.

also, why are you only considering Intel CPUs? AMD Athlon64/Athlon64 X2 processors outperform Pentium-4/Pentium-D processors

damienb said:

is a big cache essential?Click to expand...

essential?, no... does it help?, yes.
the larger the L2 cache = the faster the CPU can access the data it needs
the faster the CPU can access the data it needs = the faster it executes it's command
the faster it executes it's command = the higher overall performance the processor achieves

cheers :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-the-best-intel-processor-to-go-for.67811/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am looking to buy a processor for a really budget student pc and have about £50 to spend on the processor.

I need a 478 400 or 533 processor p4 if anyone can help i would be really thankful.
Thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

hi
is intel atom has 2 processor ?
is it has dual core ?

thank's in advance

A:is intel atom has 2 processor ?

This is the only one I found that is. Intel? Atom? Processor D510 (1M Cache, 1.66 GHz) with SPEC Code(s) SLBLA

Could be more of course.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/56764-intel-atom-has-2-processor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I need help for buying a Intel Processor.

I wanna use it for gaming.

Which one is best?

Intel i7 870 2.9 ghz

Intel i7 875k 2.9 ghz = curiousity same as i7 870 specs but higher price. Why?

Intel i5 760 2.8 ghz

Btw.

What are the advantage of GT/sec Intel??

A:Intel Processor Advice

You can get some benchmark comparisons here:

PassMark Software - CPU Benchmark Charts

The GT/sec is explained at the bottom of this chart:

Intel? Core™ i7 Processor Product order codes

I'm not up on the latest and most demanding games, but my understanding of the subject is that given a choice between:

A) A good CPU + great Graphics card
or
B) A great CPU + good graphics card

you should go with "A", since the graphics card makes the more significant difference in gaming.

Of course, "great everything" is, uh, great!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107157-intel-processor-advice.html
Relevancy 52.03%

What is the best Intel Duo Core processor that I can get (Below £200 or $390)? I will be using this motherboard...

http://www.pyramid.com/Product.aspx?StockCode=672738&ref_Source=Kelkoo&ref_StockCode=672738&ref_Type=CPC

My computer is for gaming.

I don't know that much about processors.

Relevancy 52.03%

My processor doesn't seem to have Intel VT support. I checked it by going to BIOS and I didn't see Virtulisation option there. It confirms that my processor doesn't support Intel VT right?

another question - what will I lose if I don't have VT in my laptop?

My ultimate aim is to run Win Server 2008 R2 x64 in my laptop along with existing Win 7 Home Premium x64. How can I do that? Can somebody please help me in this regard?

Thanks.

A:What if I don't have processor with Intel VT supported?

visit the intel website type in cpu type and in the properties there it will tell you if it supports VT or not, hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/51093-what-if-i-dont-have-processor-intel-vt-supported.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Have a old Intel motherboard and processor, the board is Pentium II and the processor 350 MHz. I have a problem with the processor, it show as a 233 MHz. I took it to vendor he said that the processor is 350 MHz. A memory 128 of ram was put into the board, however, it show as a 96 of ram. How can these problems be fix.

Thanks!

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everybody :
What size is the Heatsink / Fan for an LGA1155 socket ? I've tried search, but can't find that answer. The reason I ask, is that I looked at Newegg, but they don't list the size for this item. And some sites sell the processor without the Heatsink / Fan. NOTE : It DOES make for easier installation WITH the Heatsink / Fan included.
garystan

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I am thinking about upgrading my Intel Processor from a Intel P4 3.2Ghz HT to a Core2Duo processor, but I am confused by a number of things.

First of all, it says that the processor I upgrade to needs to be compatible with the Intel LGA775 socket, which my current motherboard does have, but I checked on my manufactures website and they said that my current motherboard is only compatible with Intel P4 and Celeron processors.

Does the processor have to be compatable with the motherboard as well as the socket it goes into?

Please reply,

Chris

A:Intel Processor Upgrade

Hi

What is the exact motherboard model you have ?
on your system specs you have it as ASUS, but there are a lot of ASUS motherboards...

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-processor-upgrade.107605/
Relevancy 52.03%

First of all I have a AMD FX-4170 at 4.20GHz, with an R9 270x, and my motherboard is a MSI 760GMA-P34.

I have recently learnt that my CPU is bottle-necking my Graphics a lot. During game play of Grand Theft Auto V, my processors usage is ranging between 86% and 98%, whereas my Graphics card is using about 30% to 40%.

I am in need of a new CPU but I am not in a financial position to be spending a lot, I would probably put the 4170 on eBay to get money for a new CPU. My budget would be around £100, and then however much the 4170 is worth.

Should I upgrade my current processor to one which would match my graphics card, if so, which CPU would be recommended to play games like GTA V on medium to high settings? Or should I rebuild with an Intel motherboard and a new CPU?

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Relevancy 52.03%

I am not to sure how it happened but it seems as though the processor connectors were touched and now the contaminated area is darker than the rest of the processor. ie gold and darker gold.

Will this effect the processors efficiency?
Can it be cleaned with alcohol? (no not beer) 8D

A:LGA 775 Intel processor probs

I don't know what you would have had to have on your fingers to discolor the pads. Are you sure the processor wasn't used, overclocked and overheated to cause the discoloration?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lga-775-intel-processor-probs.738085/
Relevancy 52.03%

http eyugoslavia com featured intel-six-core-processor-available-with-alternate- processor 6 core intel This is the info from the Alternate sales page Alternate is a similar company as Newegg in the US Der Intel Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition ist Intel 's erste Sechskern-CPU f r den Desktop-Bereich Die CPU mit quot Gulftown quot -Kern 6 core intel processor basiert auf der nm-Westmere-Architektur und ist ein nativer Hexa-Core sechs Kerne auf einem Die mit HyperThreading so das bis zu zw lf Threads gleichzeitig verarbeitet werden k nnen Der Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition ist mit ppigen MB L -Cache ausgestattet unterst tzt Turbo Boost bis GHz und verf gt ber einen freien Multiplikator Der integrierte Triple-Channel Speichercontroller unterst tzt DDR -Module bis MHz Details ausblenden Bezeichnung Intel Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition Modellbezeichnung BX I X Taktfrequenz x MHz Level Cache x KB Level Cache x KB Level Cache KB Befehlss tze MMX SSE SSE SSE SSE SSE Enhanced Speedstep EIST Intel XD-Bit TXT Intel VT Smart Cache Turbo Boost HyperThreading Bustakt MT s Speicher-Controller Speicherstandards DDR - DDR - Speicherkan le ECC-Speicher wird unterst tzt Nein Registered-Speicher wird unterst tzt Nein Fully Buffered wird ben tigt Nein Prozessorkern Gulftown nm max Leistungsaufnahme Watt Core Spannung Volt - Volt Bauform FC-LGA Sockel L fter Befestigung f r ATX-Mainboards Anschluss PWM-L fteranschluss Besonderheiten mit aktivem CPU-K hler Weitere Infos Alle Core -i -Prozessoren verwenden statt dem herk mmlichen Frontside Bus FSB eine serielle Punkt-zu-Punkt-Verbindung mit der Bezeichnung QuickPath Interconnect QPI Die QPI-Verbindung ist bidirektional und besteht aus zwei -Bit-Kan len von denen f r Daten nutzbar sind Mit einer bertragungsrate von GT s Gigatransfers pro Sekunde beim Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition erreicht die QPI Verbindung eine Datenrate von GBit s deutlich mehr als beim FSB der Core -Prozessoren

A:6 core intel processor

6 core 3.6 gig! Nutty!

Hehe er, how much? The curren't EE is about $995 US, that would make this one what $1500 US?

Or wil there be another round of price reductions, makeing the current EE about 500 and this'll take the 995 place?

[Edit] I actually looked at the link and yup, $1500 :P [/edit]

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/67627-6-core-intel-processor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I am looking to buy the dell m1530 2.40 ghz/3mb cache...t8300
or the dell studio 15 2.40ghz/3mb cache...p8600.

What i would like to know is if the t6600 2.20ghz would be ok or do i need to spend the extra money to get the 2.4ghz? I will be surfing the net, doing email, music and pictures. I will not be doing gaming. I would like the laptop to be fast, I do not want to have to wait a long time between screens. I am replacing a dell desktop xps 410 2.40ghz just because i would rather have a notebook.

Thank you so much for your help.

A:Intel core 2 duo processor

t6600 is fine for what you plan on doing, the processor upgrade will not make it surf any faster, most delays in surfing/page loads are due to the browser you use, or your internet connection. I notice some days that pages load faster than others, nothing can be done about this if it is due to your ISP or other problems that happen on a constant basis on the world wide web.

If the processor upgrade is not much of a price hike, less than $60, I say go for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-core-2-duo-processor.808783/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was looking at a Dell I3847-4616BK and at one place the processor simply said Core I5 while another said Core I5-4440.

Why doesn't the first have a number with it? I know there are variations such as 4440 4460 and so on but why just I5?

The two sites I checked would not do a price match because the processors were different.

Thanks
Rbuck

A:Intel processor variations

Perhaps it was generic and applied to several models.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-processor-variations.1132620/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
this is purely down to curiousity, but....

i was looking at intels website, comparing the processors, which ones are out their in the market, with a possibility of upgrading depending on my motherborad.

anyhow,
when looking on their website, i cant even find my processor i have already ?
its not on their list of processors?

i will give a screen cap of intels list,
and then a screen cap of my processor...

im obviously just missing something, or reading something wrong

many thanks in advance
stuart

A:can someone help determine which intel processor i have?

Hi, here's the link to the processor.
Intel? Core)

Paul

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223383-can-someone-help-determine-intel-processor-i-have.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm sure I'll get a lot of laughs and head-shaking from this, but it's a long story.

I am attempting to repair an OLD computer for an elderly friend of mine who simply "Won't have anything else!" The machine is an HP (looks like homemade) with an Intel Pentium II MMX processor. Anyway, her processor died, and I can't find anything on it that tells me the speed. So essentially, I don't know if it's a 233, 266, 400, etc. There must be some way to find out, but there are no numbers that I can see anywhere that will tell me for sure. It fits in a single slot and has an attached cooling fan if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Intel PII MMX Processor Speed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slot_1

It's a slot 1 PII - if you can't read the info on the side of the CPU then you are probably SOL

You might find one on eBay for a buck so I'd get a couple that were different MHZ - try one until it works.
Start on the low side - 250 or 333mhz
Also I believe you can adjust the MB to different speed CPU's with jumpers on the MB
Google is your best bet...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-pii-mmx-processor-speed.670947/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone,

I've just purchased a new computer, and am unsure about the specifics of 533 and 667 RAM. I've selected the "Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 CPU 2X1Mb; Dual Core EMT64T 2.13G 1066Mhz FSB; Conroe; LGA775" processor. The company builting the system has informed me that they can't get stock of the 667 DDR2 RAM. I was then told by a friend, that 1066Mhz FSB means that the CPU itself is optimised for 533 RAM, not 667.

Is this true for this processor? And, are there enough peroformance differences to justify waiting for 667 RAM to become available?

Thanks for your help!

A:533 or 667 RAM on a New Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

Go here to find out what RAM you need:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmfgr.asp?cat=RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/533-or-667-ram-on-a-new-intel-core-2-duo-processor.496311/
Relevancy 52.03%

hey im looking to build a desktop here soon and i was wondering if an intel core i7 860 processor works better with a certain type of graphics card. I'm looking into the high end g-cards like ATI and Nvdia, i have no preference for maker just curious if one works better then the other or if some makers dont work with intel chips at all

A:Intel processor compatablity?

Do you have a price range?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-processor-compatablity.1005592/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello guys,

Could anyone help me out deciding what I should buy? I have two options of two HP laptops with almost the same specification. One of them is with AMD Processor and the other one is Intel Pentium 4 Processor. So which one of the do you think guys is better?

Thank you

Relevancy 52.03%

My daughter is looking at buying a laptop. The two under consideration, HP and Lenovo, are similar in specs, the main difference being the HP has an AMD A8 and the Lenovo has a Pentium. I thought that the A8 is a much more powerful processor than the Pentium, but surprisingly they are about the same price so I am wondering if I am missing something here. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

Here are links:
Lenovo 15.6" TouchScreen Laptop Intel Pentium 4GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive LENOVO B50 TOUCH - 59422927 - Best Buy

HP TouchSmart 15.6" TouchScreen Laptop AMD A8Series 4GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive 15-g014dx - Best Buy

A:Which processor - AMD A8 or Intel Pentium?

I've found two pages that compare these exact processor models, but the evaluations seem to be oriented toward gaming performance.

AMD A8-6410 vs Intel Mobile Pentium N3530

Intel Pentium N3530 2.16GHz compare AMD APU A8-6410 Quad-Core CPU

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/55602-processor-amd-a8-intel-pentium.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
All of you must be knowing that Intel successfully tested its new 80 cores processor in Dec last year or jan. this year. Its clock speed is 1.7 THz and it consumes 65W (Only). And its exactly same in size as that of a simple 65nm processor. So, intel is going to launch it for home as well as corporate users.
Thus,
Does anyone here know when intel is going to launch that processor for home users?
thehacker

A:Does anyone know when Intel is going to launch its new processor?

Is this it?

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20070813comp.htm

or this:

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20070821comp.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-anyone-know-when-intel-is-going-to-launch-its-new-processor.85578/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I'm new to tech stuff and was hoping someone could help me out.

From what I know right now, when comparing Intel processors, the number beside the 'i' (such as the 3 in i3) is its relative processing power compared to other Intel processors such as the i5 and i7. I also know that the speed of a processor is measured in GHz and that, generally, the higher the number, the better.

I am looking to buy a new laptop but I don't understand what is better: an i3 processor with, say, 2.7 GHz or an i5 at 2.3 GHz. The i3 says it's faster, but shouldn't i5 be better? I would really appreciate if someone could explain, thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-processor-differences.1169096/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have been using AMD processors for quite some time so I'm unfamiliar with the current Intel Northbridges. I'm probably going to buy an Intel i5 2500K processor and am looking for a good motherboard for it. I will definitely overclock it so am looking at either a P67 or a Z28 motherboard. I am partial to Gigabyte boards. Do any of you guys out there have a preference between the P67 and the Z68? I see a lot of negative reviews on Newegg on boards compatible with the i5 processor. Looks like there are a lot of problems with lockup coming out of sleep mode. Which would you buy if given the choice and why? Would also appreciate any specific recommendations for anyone out there that has one of these boards that are solid. Thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi.

Okay. So I've discovered that my CPU is actually an Intel Celeron MMX compatible processor running at 366MHz.

Now then...is this processor the equivalent (albeit cheaper) of a Pentium II processor? If so, am I okay to purchase software (ie games) which are written for Pentium II processors running at the same speed?

Thanks to all for their assistance and patience!!
Moozer

Relevancy 52.03%

can anyone tell me if the northbridge functions are included into the intel i3 processors thx papabehr

A:Solved: intel i3 processor

Functions yes, although now called Sandy Bridge. It handles all the previous northbridge functions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-i3-processor.1131387/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am wondering if you buy an intel processor and say ur motherboard crashes will the intel i5 be compatible with newer motherboards?

A:Intel core 2nd gen i5 processor

That's a very broad question.

The i5 will be compatible with SOME newer motherboards and not with others.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219876-intel-core-2nd-gen-i5-processor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am looking for a Pentium III, 1.0 GHz, socket 370, 133 MHz FSB, Coppermine FC-PGA, for my old computer. I would prefer the retail version which includes heat sink and fan. A search through the Internet brings up several places selling the OEM version only --most of them used and/or refurbished.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a site that still sells the retail version? I would prefer a new chip but, if the seller is trustworthy, I would also consider a used one. As I said before, I would also need heat sink and fan.

I reside in the USA, so I am looking for a supplier in the USA or Canada.

Thanks.
--
tb

A:Looking For Intel Pentium III Processor (1.0 GHz)

Seeing as though it's going on a decade since Pentium III's were on the shelves, I would suggest a reputable seller on Ebay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-intel-pentium-iii-processor-1-0-ghz.804438/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was looking at this laptop and it got my curiousity up. How does a Transmeta processor compare to an Intel or an AMD?

http://www.tekstation.com/pd_transmeta.cfm

A:Transmeta Processor vs. Intel or AMD

Reminds me of a very young AMD, this is how AMD got started by making Knock-offs of Intel’s cast off designs I80486SE come to think of it the 486 didn’t require a fan ether.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transmeta-processor-vs-intel-or-amd.157811/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am very new to the world of computers. Recently I acquired an old computer and it has a Intel Pentium II processor with 399 MHZ, 128 MB of ram. I know that all of what I describe has something to do with memory and speed. But I am unsure which one is what. Also the operating system is Windows XP. Can someone enlighten me -
1. What is MHZ,and MB 2. can the system be upgraded to improve performance. ? 3. Can you direct me to a site that can teach me about upgrading or just basic computer knowledge.

Thanks!

Relevancy 52.03%

Ok, i built my computer over a year ago and havn't touched it since i built it. But my motherboard has broke on me so i ordered a new motherboard today which will arrive tomorrow.

The problem is i'm trying to remove the fan but it seems stuck when i pull it, i have turned all 4 pins/corners arround, i can;t remember if there is anything else i need to do to remove it. I've been searching the internet for a guide, even of how to install it so i can revese the steps but i can't find one

Thanks

A:Processor Removal - intel 755

Take a hair dryer and warm the heatsink at the base and "gently" twist the cooler left and right (just 1-2 degrees) and see if that will break the bond between the processor heat spreader and the heatsink.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-removal-intel-755.613131/
Relevancy 52.03%

Is the T2350 a 32 bit or 64 bit processor? I'm just wondering.

A:Intel T2350 Processor

It's a 32-bit processor.

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=29751

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-t2350-processor.970361/
Relevancy 51.6%

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AMD-Athlon-...ryZ80139QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A:Is this a good processor

It's fine, but you can get it cheaper HERE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-processor.85683/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have a Pentium 4 Dual Core 1.8GHz

I would like to upgrade it, but I don't know what to upgrade it to. I would like a fast processor that can split up the tasks so it runs faster and also one that has around 2.5 - 3.8 or higher Ghz.

Any suggestions?

A:Any Good Processor?

we need to know a few things about your current system.

1. is it a custom build, or is it manufactured (hp, dell, ect)
2. if it is custom, what kind of motherboard does it have?
3. I don't think there is a dual core pentium 4. Did you mean pentium D?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-good-processor.82974/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was just wondering if AMD Turion? II Dual-Core Mobile Processor M520 (2.3GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 3.6GT/s) was a good prrocessor.

A:Is this processor good?

Since it says that it is a mobile processor, I assume that is for a laptop. I have never used a Turion, but I have seen a lot of laptops with it, and the specs aren't bad, so I would guess that it is as good as any...unless you decide to go the Intel route. But, since I don't have recent experience with Intel, I don't know what their laptop processors are like.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/57657-processor-good.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi so I bought a PC about months ago and I love it It so far has been basically able to handle anything I can throw at it Though keep in mind I haven t tried that many strenuous activity though Keep Is PC? my GTA for good enough Processor 5 in mind Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC? I am asking this question because I know nothing about PC s I bought mine pre made just picked a good but affordable one a friend said was good My processor is a Intel Core i - hq GHz Cores Now to my question Being a huge GTA fan I of coarse want to pick up GTA on PC when its drops So I checked the recommended Systems Specs and I seem to meet every requirement but I was unsure about the Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC? Processor This is the recommended processor for play GTA on Pc Intel Core i - GHz didn t talk about cores Below are two links The one to my computer I want to play this game on and a link to the required system specs for this game As I mentioned Mostly want to know if my processor can handle it but It would be a great help as well if you could just check my specs and the recommended specs and see if everything fits or passes these recommenced specs Sorry If I offened anyone with just downright dumb questions as I said big Computer novice Thank you for your help Reccomended Specs http www game-debate com games index php g id amp game Grand Theft Auto V My Specs http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC?

Check out the following website: Can you RUN It ; Follow the directions and it will tell you. Grand Theft Auto V is on the list of games to check your system against.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-processor-good-enough-for-gta-5-pc.211286/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a hp pavilion dv2000 and i was wanting to know how good the processor is?

A:How good is the processor?

Which dv2000 do you have?

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?...&h_cc=au&h_product=1817067&h_audience=hho,smb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-good-is-the-processor.98471/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz , I want to ask if this processor is good for games because that's what i want to do on my pc

Relevancy 51.17%

Just something I picked up on the net. The new intel core i7, supposed to be faster and much more energy efficient due to 'power gates' (non-active cores shut down automatically). Any comments by the more experienced users?
Next-Generation Intel PC Chips to Carry Intel Core Name

Amplid

A:New Intel processor generation, any comments?

imo they're not bull****ting. Look at what Intel did going from Pentium D to Core 2. Much faster, cooler, efficient, etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/177153-new-intel-processor-generation-any-comments.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to Upgrade my Protege M750 with Intel? C?2 Duo processor T6670.
The Upgrade starts but after while I got message Processor not supported.
Any explanention why it is happened as even older processors are supported

A:Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6670

Perhaps 32-bit Windows 10 will run on it but not 64-bit?
Run coreinfo.exe from Microsoft sysinternals to see what features the processor has.
live.sysinternals.com - /

To run x86 Windows 10 you need NX, PAE, and SSE2
To run x64 Windows 10 you also need CMPXCHG16B and other 64-bit extensions

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/45368-intel-core-2-duo-processor-t6670.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GEBV AAA - AZBV Antivirus Quick Heal Total Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I have too stares getting quot Exception Processing Message c Parameters b bf c b bf c quot problem recently I searched solution on web and got one Regedit and in microsoft web following solution Locate and then click the following registry subkey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey make sure that the Default data Intel 4 3 Processor XP SP Windows 2.4GHz, value is DVD CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM In the right pane right-click UpperFilters and then click Delete Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry In the right pane right-click LowerFilters and then click Delete Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry Exit Registry Editor and then restart the computer My problem continues to be there as it is Can you give me any solution Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Intel 4 Processor 2.4GHz, Windows XP SP 3

Is the Quick Heal anti virus a registered copy?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-4-processor-2-4ghz-windows-xp-sp-3.1015435/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm thinking about buying a refurbished Dell OptiPlex GX960 Mini Tower that supposedly has an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz processor, but the label on the front of the case says "Intel Core 2 vPro inside"

(See screenshots)

From what I've been reading at the Intel site, the vPro processor is actually an Intel Core i5 series model.

Can one of the hardware/processor experts out there shed some light on this?

Relevancy 51.17%

I understand that if I buy a new computer with a a fast Intel Skylake processor, I can not run any operating system except Windows 10. In other words, I can not run Windows 7 or 8.1. Is that so and why? Thanks for any answers you all have. Brad

A:New computer with Intel Skylake processor

Hi, Brad: You can install W7, 8.1, and W10 as long as there is driver support for the notebook you plan to buy. The problem with the Skylake chipset is there is no native USB2 support, and there is no USB3 support in the windows 7 installation media.  So the media errors out stating a required CD/DVD driver is missing (which is the only error it knows how to report when that happens). If you plan on running W7, what you have to do is to run this tool which puts the USB3 drivers into the W7 USB installation media.  There is a readme file on the link with instructions for using the tool or converting a W7 installation DVD into a W7 installation flash drive. The tool has to be run on a PC with W8.1 or W10. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility There are many forum posts regarding this issue and the USB creator tool is the solution.  Here's two for example. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Problem-installing-Win7-on-ProBook-440-G3-HDD-... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Problem-installing-Win7-Pro-on-P...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/New-computer-with-Intel-Skylake-processor/td-p/5819408
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm kinda confused at the moment because on ASUS.tk it says that the mobo P5P800-VM (865G chipset) supports 65nm processors (like the P4 651), but on Intel's site it doesn't say anything else except that the 65nm P4 651 is not shown as supported on the 865G chipset.
So my question is: Does the mobo P5P800-VM support the Intel P4 651 processor?
I'm asking this because, over the 650 on 90nm, the 651 has a lower power consumption and is cheaper. Plus I have an AGP video card and DDR400, so I can't afford the new techs, because I would have to change everything.
Please answer my question as soon as possible. Thx in advance

A:ASUS P5P800-VM & Intel 651 Processor?

I just double checked Asus' website specs for that motherboard, and you're right. They do have that CPU listed as being compatible which to me means they have tested it and it is a supported CPU. I'd say you should be good to go

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5p800-vm-intel-651-processor.48065/
Relevancy 51.17%

If I put this processor in a 800/530 MHz FSB mboard, will there be a data slowdown or loss (the processor has a 400 MHz FSB.) Or will this be like memory and revert to the slower and just operate as 400 MHz?

A:Solved: Intel Celeron 2.7 GHz processor

No, processors are not like memory. You have to look at the board specifications to see what procesors are supported by a particular board. What processors are supported by a particular board are dependent on three board components, i.e. the chipset, the BIOS and of course the processor.

The 2 machines I primarily use are pretty old socket 478 machines. One machine has an Intel D875PBZ board with an 875P chipset which will only support specific Pentium 4 Extreme Edition and Pentium 4 processors with a 800MHZ or 533MHz FSB. The other has an Intel D865PERL board with an 865PE chipset that will only support specific Extreme Edition Pentium 4 processors, Pentium 4 Processors, Celeron D processors and Celeron Processors with an 800 MHZ, 533 MHz. and 400 MHz. FSB.

You need to check the manufacturers specifications for your specific board to see what processors are, OR are not supported by that board. Intel states for each board the following statement; "Use of unsupported processors may result in improper operation, damage to the desktop board or processor, or reduced product life."

You can install the Celeron 2.7GHz. processor and it may run, however if it does run you still have the risk of damage to the processor and/or board unless that processor is specifically supported.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-celeron-2-7-ghz-processor.804360/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

I need your opinion. Which one of these Intel processors would be better?

Intel® Pentium® M Processor at 1.6 GHz
or
Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor supporting Hyper-Threading Technology† at 3.33 GHz

I am having a difficult time deciding. Dell is telling me that the first one is the more advanced. And are no longer offering the second choice.

Any info would be great!!!

Relevancy 51.17%

I am told that these drivers will enable windows 10 to take certain measures to increase my battery life.  I cannot find these drivers anywhere, companion, System Update, support page.  I do see some windows 8 drivers via google, but I'd prefer something a little more official. Thanks! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Are-there-Intel-Collaborative-Processor-Performance-Control/td-p/3319179
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi my daughter is looking to buy her first laptop and it is down to me somewhat a novice to choose the best ones Her main criteria is that it should play the sims processor the for AMD Intel Which sims v Solved: 3 Obviously I can t take it back if it doesn t so I need to make Solved: Which processor for the sims 3 AMD v Intel sure I make the best choice We ve narrowed it down to two but it boils down to AMD processor or intel dual core I was always taught to choose intel Solved: Which processor for the sims 3 AMD v Intel pentium over any other processor but opinion now seems quite divided Anyway here is the spec of the two Solved: Which processor for the sims 3 AMD v Intel we are considering MSi-CR AMD Turion Ultra dual core M processor GHz processor speed GB DDR RAM in screen size Resolution x pixels GB SATA hard drive Multi format dual layer drive ATI Radeon HD graphics MB graphic memory Multi card reader USB ports e-SATA port Bluetooth HMDI MP webcam b g n wireless enabled Windows Premium operating system installed and Samsung R - Free -Year Pre-Registered Warranty Free -Year Pre-Registered AVG Internet Security Intel Pentium dual core T processor GHz processor speed GB DDR RAM in screen size Resolution x pixels GB SATA hard drive Multi format dual layer drive Intel GMA X M graphics in card reader SD SDHC MMC USB ports MP webcam b g n wireless enabled Windows Premium operating system installed Weight kg and here is the sims spec http www thesims com game systemreq Any help will be really welcome I don t want to get it wrong Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

i thought i5 processors are supposed to have more than 2 cores, this one i have is a laptop processor intel i5 2520m . it has 2 cores and 4 threads, my desktop computer is a core duo its processor has 2 cores and 2 threads. is this i5 processor that much of an upgrade?

A:intel i5 processor only 2 cores? normal?

Some I5's are dual core and some are quad core
it all depends which I5 you have

http://ark.intel.com/products/famil...[email protected]

Your particular one is 2 core only
http://ark.intel.com/products/52229/Intel-Core-i5-2520M-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_20-GHz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-i5-processor-only-2-cores-normal.1139707/
Relevancy 51.17%

im looking for just the processor, motherboard, and ram for a new pc.
iv been looking and i don't know if intel is worth the price compared to AMD

Eruption Quad Core AMD 3.6GHz + 8GB Memory Motherboard Kit | Maplin
or
Intel? i5-3570K 3.8GHz + Asus P8Z77-V LX + 8GB Memory Motherboard Kit (Used) | Maplin

Ideally i want 16gb 1600mhz of ram quadcore 3.6ghz processor and any motherboard with at least 2 usb3 ports.

Intel is good but the price is high and the one i like isnt quad core. amd is cheaper but i dont know how good it will be.

i will be gaming and video editing.

also with my gpu nvidia gforce gtx 650 1g ddr5, will it take 2 1920 - 1080 monitors?

A:AMD or intel processor bundle advice!

Hi,

Personally, I love Intel processors. I agree with you that they are expensive and sometimes "over priced" as well.

But, that can not be the reason not to buy Intel. I found a link Intel VS AMD CPUs for you to check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314182-amd-intel-processor-bundle-advice.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I understand that if I buy a new computer with a a fast Intel Skylake processor, I can not run any operating system except Windows 10. In other words, I can not run Windows 7 or 8.1. Is that so and why? Thanks for any answers you all have. Brad

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/New-computer-with-Intel-Skylake-processor/td-p/5819398
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to compile a list of Intel stock processor part numbers that shipped with Intel retail boxed processors If you purchased an Intel socket socket or socket retail boxed processor that came with an Intel stock cooler if you have your machine opened up or have the original packaging any information you can post in this thread would be deeply appreciated If you happen to know the sSpec of the Cooler INTEL Need Numbers Help Processor With processor and could post Need Help With INTEL Processor Cooler Numbers that also it would be great For Instance post the information like this Note The sSpec is etched on the front of the processor and also on the end of the box in which it was shipped The sSpec will be a character alpha numeric or Need Help With INTEL Processor Cooler Numbers just a digit alpha number beginning with S Cooler Model Number E - Core Duo E sSpec SLB J If you don t know the sSpec that s fine the processor and cooler number are the most important but the sSpec number helps when there a processors with the same numbers but different stepping I am only interested in stock coolers that shipped with the processor not any rd party coolers Also if someone has already posted the cooler model number for the same processor you have but you have a different cooler part number please post it Intel uses several different suppliers for their stock coolers and a cooler with a different part number may have been shipped with the same model processor Thanks for any information you can provide nbsp

A:Need Help With INTEL Processor Cooler Numbers

Cooler Model Number: D60188-001
Core 2 Duo E6550
sSpec # SLA9X

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-intel-processor-cooler-numbers.843964/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello guys,

My system Samsung v25 with intel PSU 2.0GHz is running at 200MHz!!!

i have reformatted many times, but no success

any help

A:Intel 2.0 GHz processor running at about 200Mhz? Help

what is telling you that?
are you perhaps confusing CPU speed with FSB speed?
have you looked in the BIOS to set up your CPU?
what is the exact CPU you have? run this utility and let us know
http://www.intel.com/support/processors/tools/piu/sb/cs-014921.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-2-0-ghz-processor-running-at-about-200mhz-help.966029/
Relevancy 51.17%

Here is my pc specs:

Intel Pentium M 740
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (Build 7600)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 1 Cores - 1 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Pentium M processor 1.73GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2)
CPUID : 6.D.8 / Extended : 6.D
CPU Cache : L1 : 32 / 32 KB - L2 : 2048 KB
Core : Dothan (90 nm) / Stepping : C0
Freq : 1729.08 MHz (133.02 * 13)
MB Brand : TOSHIBA
MB Model : HTW00
NB : Intel i915PM/GM rev 03
SB : Intel 82801FBM (ICH6-M) rev 03
GPU Type : ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600 SE
DirectX Version : 11.0
RAM : 2048 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 266 MHz (1:2) @ 4-4-4-12
Slot 1 : 1024MB (4300)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Melco
Slot 2 : 1024MB (4300)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Melco

I would really like to be able to update/upgrade my processor.

Toshiba M70

Thanks ahead of time, clovis

A:What processor can I upgrade to from an Intel Pentium M?

"I would really like to be able to update/upgrade my processor"...

Why? Upgrading the CPU in a laptop never gives much gain in performance. You are limited by the 533MHz data bus. You can increase the system Ram to the max allowed (you may have the max memory installed already) and install a bigger capacity hard drive. Doing this will give you a good increase in performance, much more than just changing the CPU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-processor-can-i-upgrade-to-from-an-intel-pentium-m.165780/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an old computer with following configuration.

Intel Celeron Processor 501 Mhz with 192 MB of RAM

I recently loaded Windows XP 2002 Home Edition with SP3 onto this system. The computer after that is very slow and hangs.

The system is basically used only for internet surfing and checking webmails.

Do I have to upgrade the system to P IV or will upgrading the RAM to 1 GB solve the problem ?

A:Will Windows XP run with Intel Celeron processor

It's better to upgrade in P IV because you will face this kind of problem time to time when browsing the internet. make sure to have a ram of 512 MB or more and when using internet do install a good antivirus software to make your pc fast and virus free.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/will-windows-xp-run-with-intel-celeron-processor-507584.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I purchased lately a processor E8600 and in the package of it I found the chip of the processor which you have to install and no CD inside.
I know how to install the processor manually, my question here is, Is it required to install drivers for processors? I found no CD in the package so I was wondering, for example, when I had the Graphic Card I had to install drivers. What about the processor?

A:Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Processor

the system bios will automatically detect the cpu for you , if you fill in your system specs in the userCP we will be able to give you a more definative answer

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/75587-intel-core-2-duo-e8600-processor.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

Recently bought a Dell Inspirion with the Intel i5 M520 2.40 GHZ processor and 4GB of RAM.

Installed Windows XP SP3 on it with no problems though when I look at my Task Manager I see only 24 Processes running and the CPU Usage is running at about 25% across the board for the 4 chips. This is with no applications running except for explorer.exe.

My other computer is XP SP 2 Core Duo 2.5 and with no apps running the cpu never seems to go above 3%.

Wanted to see if anyone out there had any experience with this and could provide some information as to what needs to be done to resolve this.

Appreciate all insight and please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-i5-520-processor-and-windows-xp-issue.907493/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am considering an Dell Precison 64-bit workstation with an Intel Xeon Processor. I would like to know whether the Floating-Point Unit (FPU) is 64-bits. I have Googled on the web and searched on the Intel web site and cannot find the answer.

Thanks,

WWBD -

A:Intel Xeon Processor FPU precision

I suggest that you contact Dell about this. I bet they are much better about answering questions BEFORE you buy than AFTER.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-xeon-processor-fpu-precision.379651/
Relevancy 51.17%

By the end of this year, four cores will have replaced dual-core systems on the very high-end of enthusiast systems. AMD will be offering its 4x4 platform that enables the use of two dual-core processor and Intel will be first to offer a quad-core processor: Code-named "Kentsfield,"

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/09/09/preview_kentsfield_processor/

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, has anyone got anything to say about this new processor? I'm looking into an all in one PC and all that I'm looking at have the T series processor. I know it consumes less power....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-skylake-t-series-processor.1165767/
Relevancy 51.17%

Intel recently changed the format for their processor Intel Spec Finder Processor spec finder In my opinion it is now a quot jumbled up mess of garbage quot I would use stronger language but TSG would censor the wording I previously used Intel Processor Spec Finder the Intel Processor Spec Finder quite often for information Intel Processor Spec Finder such as CPUID sSpec numbers etc Some of the old information is still available however to find sSpec numbers on certain processors takes a lot of searching and in some cases its nowhere to be found I have yet to find the CPUID numbers for any of the processors that I wanted the info for Although I can t find pertinent information needed information I can now find the Launch Date the number of Processing Die Transistors the Package Size Processing Die Size and other information that I don t know why anyone would ever need to know or use The new link to all the information is http ark intel com Default aspx On the page header is a link to Send Feedback If you use the site and like the new format send them feedback that you like it If you despise it as much as I do PLEASE send them some feedback as to how they have now FUBARED the site I can t post the language I used in my feedback to ARK but it damn sure wasn t pretty I fail to understand why Intel took a feature that was easy to use and gave great information and totally messed it up The feature wasn t broke and didn t need fixing If you are a builder repairer or just casual user that used the Intel Spec Finder as a reference and you are dissatisfied as much as I am PLEASE let them know nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-processor-spec-finder.931939/
Relevancy 51.17%

What, if any, are the advantages of using a desktop with an Intel Xeon quad core processor instead of an Intel Core 2 Quad processor?

Several refurbished Dell WorkStation T5500/T7500 series desktops have arrived at the Newegg and Overstock sites, and I'm thinking about buying one of them.

I'm currently using refurbished Dell OptiPlex 780 desktops that have an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, but I'm thinking about moving up from duo to quad.

--------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Folks,

The last computer I have purchased was about 4 years ago so I am a little behind on the technology.

I would like to purchase a Sony laptop to be used for home use, internet surfing and downloading music. It will not be used for gaming.

My question - in general is an Intel Centrino Duo Processor sufficient enough to handle this ?

( Other specs - OS Vista, 3 GB DDR2 RAM, 250 GB HD - DVD Burner.)

A:Intel Centrino Duo Processor Question

It will. It won't be the fastest possible, but it will handle general use just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-centrino-duo-processor-question.748025/
Relevancy 51.17%

my fujitsu primergy server chipset supports both Intel® Core™ i3-540 and Intel® Xeon® processor X3440. does anyone out there know if both fit in the same socket?

Relevancy 51.17%

I have ordered a new Dell PC. I got an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. I know that it is probably real stupid that I didn't ask earlier, but what exactly is Intel Core 2 Duo Processor?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I am crrently upgrading M58p upgrade Processor Intel my computer and was wondering if the Intel Processor upgrade M58p Intel i will work in my computer nbsp nbsp I have already upgraded the ram the video card power supply so the last thing on my list is the processor nbsp here is what my system has now nbsp SYSTEM INFORMATIONComputer Manufacturer nbsp Computer Model nbsp Operating System O S Microsoft Windows build -bitOperating System Build O S Operating System version System RAM GBCD or DVD Devicehp DVD A DH ACSHRSystem Hard Drive OverviewSystem Total Storage Size GBLocal Disk C GBUsed space GBFree Space GBGRAPHICS INFORMATIONGraphics Product NVIDIA GeForce GSVideo Memory GBMOTHERBOARD INFORMATIONManufacturernot detectedModel nbsp AA Numbernot detectedBIOS Vendor nbsp BIOS VersionLENOVO CKT AUSBIOS Release Date System Memory GBSound CardSoundMAX Integrated Digital HD AudioPROCESSOR INFORMATIONManufacturerIntelModelIntel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHzIntel Processor analysis toolsIntel Processor analysis toolsCPU Speed GHzLink to Processor SpecificationLink to Processor SpecificationWIRED NETWORKING INFORMATIONWired Networking ProductIntel R LMbased NetworkCon troller OE M Driver Version nbsp nbsp WIRELESS NETWORKING INFORMATIONWireless Networking Product nbsp Driver Version nbsp I can't afford too much so I am looking for the best processor for the least amout of money nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp Thank you nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Intel-Processor-upgrade-M58p/td-p/3385360
Relevancy 51.17%

Better a amd quad core to play or an Intel ...hummm

A:AMD or Intel as a computer processor for gaming ¿?

That's too general in my opinion. Could you be a bit more specific? If you're planning on a new rig read http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic133075.html

Should answer a lot of your questions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-or-intel-as-a-computer-processor-for-gaming-%C2%BF.133587/
Relevancy 50.74%

INTEL BOXED PENTIUM III 1GHZ (1000MHZ) 133FSB 256K FCPGA RETAIL BOX
INTEL D815EPEA2U PENTIUM III FCPGA 133FSB ATX MOTHERBOARD RETAIL BOX WITH AUDIO

Relevancy 50.74%

I recently purchased a brand new athlon 64 3200+ clawhammer on ebay for $140 with shipping I don't know if I got a good deal or not on it. It has a processing speed of 2 ghz and L2 cache of 1 mb. Its model # is 6784321903 if you want to try to find more info on it. (I do know this an old core they don't make any more but does that matter.)

A:Did I get a good deal on this processor?

For the same money you could have bought the better, more modern Socket939 AMD64/3000-Venice core, including heatsink and fan AND a 3-year warranty.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103537

Socket 754 is already getting long in the tooth. The price you paid seems fair.
If you don't plan on top-gaming, it will still see you through many years of normal use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/did-i-get-a-good-deal-on-this-processor.29559/