Windows Support Forum

2.5" HDD recovery

Q: 2.5" HDD recovery

Got a customer that came in with a External HDD To cut a long story short basically what is going on is that recovery 2.5" HDD Windows doesn t recognize the drive being there under Computer but under Disk Management the drive is there I ve taken the drive out of its enclosure and directly input the SATA connector to the Mobo but under Disk Management its not assigned a letter and the name is actually blank I ve already tried to assign it a letter but it unfortunately doesn t allow me to do that 2.5" HDD recovery So to recap Disk Management see s it but Computer doesn t So what I have done so far to try to fix this problem is first I ran Spinrite ran it at level and it couldn t fix the issue Second I have tried the freezer trick none of those worked Now the drive isn 2.5" HDD recovery t making any obvious sounds no clicking or whirling sounds Sounds like a functioning drive and spins up just fine Id try to do a CheckDisk but id need to be able to assign it a letter to command chkdsk to fix volumes F amp R on that drive to work If anybody has any work around or a temporary hotfix for me id appreciate it I only need it to work once to be able to transfer files over onto my Tech HDD nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 2.5" HDD recovery

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 2.5" HDD recovery

Nevermind, after hours upon hours of grueling testing and troubleshooting I found that the problem was that it was a HDD for a mac/linux. I had to go into unbuntu and mess with Nautilus to be able to get the permissions to access the drives folders.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-5-hdd-recovery.188578/
Relevancy 51.17%

After a catastrophic computer failure, I managed to recover almost everything. However upon booting up I got the message "BOOTMGR is missing". I used the original Windows installation disk to do Startup Repair, which recovered BOOTMGR. However now every time I boot up I get a message from Windows Boot Manager asking me to choose between "Windows 7...(recovered)" and "Microsoft WIndows Recovery Console". How can I get the computer to boot straight into Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/396370-remove-windows-recovered-recovery-console-choice-bootup.html
Relevancy 50.74%

i want make a dvd disk for my compaq recovery, but it always shows "this is not a blank disk, please insert a blank dvd?". wut should i do to get a recovery dvd? (i have updated my drive, but nothing useful. i have tested my burner with nero, it works fine.)

A:"compaq Recovery Cd/dvd Creator"!!! why it always shows "this is not a blank disk"?

plz help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-recovery-cd-dvd-creator-why-it-always-shows-this-is-not-a-blank-disk.316741/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi..after a crash of the server (win2000,exch2000) we've copy the Mdbdata in another PC.
Reinstalled Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Server.
Now we're trying to mount the mailbox store (Priv1.edb 5 GB) but we receive this error:
The database files in this storage is inconsistent.
So, following the MS article n. 327156:
Eseutil.exe says that we have a "Dirty shutdown" database
"Eseutil /p" remains in "stand by" on "repair damaged database" step at 90% (the day after was still at 90%).
Any suggestion will be very appreciated....
Thanks in advan?e to everybody.

A:Help.... Exchange 2000 priv1.edb recovery: Dirty shutdown,eseutil /p remain in "stand by" on "repair

Have just spent most of this week getting our e2k server up and running again. What about backups? We spent 2 days running eseutil /p and isinteg - finally got the information stores mounted but found approx 50% of users had absolutely nothing in their accounts.
Then resorted to restoring from backup (we used MS backup)- was surprisingly straightforward and hassle free.
If you haven't backups and eseutil /p will not run you will need to try a eseutil /r to get the databases into a 'consistent' or clean shutdown state before it will let you run the /p option. Our database was 12Gb and the /p took 8 hours to run. After that you'll need to do an isinteg - but be aware there can be significant data loss.
Good luck. Lots of help here: http://www.fixya.com/support/t25426221-restore_emails_from_edb_file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-exchange-2000-priv1-edb-recovery-dirty-shutdown-eseutil-p-remain-in-stand-by-on-repair.1154515/
Relevancy 46.44%

Inherited IBM Aptiva PC. Need to delete old programs to have space on the harddrive to install AOL; however, the "uninstallms.exe" and the "win.infile" are missing. Is there anyway to recover these files?

Without the ability to remove old programs the PC is of no use. Won't be able to get online. Can't even print Word documents.

A:recovery of win 95 "uninstalllms.exe" & "win.inifile"

Hiya and welcome

What are the programs that you're trying to uninstall?

For the win.ini, try this.

Go to Run and type SYSEDIT

In there should be the win.ini.

Also, uninstallms.exe may be a trojan, so if its not here, that may be a good sign.

However, as this isn't online, can we see a copy of your startup:

Go here and download Startup Log. Doubleclick, allow the DOS window to close, then copy/paste the contents here:

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/html/downloads/download.php/id/37

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-of-win-95-uninstalllms-exe-win-inifile.167410/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all,

I'm sure there is a simple solution to this but I cannot find it, or I'm looking in all the wrong places.

This only started about a week or so ago but it comes on everytime I boot up my computer and just sits there, I answer with the option "don't remind me again" but I can't close the pop up.

How do I stop it from appearing in the first place?

Please help as it makes it difficult to work around when I can neither close nor minimize it.

Desperately,

Cmennis

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys Long story short broke bootloader and mbr but got it sorted eventually after a couple of hours reading and playing with various tools Machine boots back into XP fine with no user interaction However when logging in logs me straight back out I suspect this is because my D partition separate hdd seems to have lost its allocation while I ve been playing with the problem probably should have physically disconnected it first Lesson learnt This drive however as well as storing about TB of (containing login/partition "Special Windows' Failed recovery Folders") data of which I haven t even had time to fully back up before problem occured I know it s ultimately my fault was Failed login/partition recovery (containing Windows' "Special Folders") the location for some of XP s special folders specifically My Documents My Music My Pictures I think they were the Failed login/partition recovery (containing Windows' "Special Folders") only Special Folders I relocated Could their disappearance be causing this issue or will I have other problems somewhere It s the only thing I can think of right now Partition Wizard Home Edition s Partition Recovery Wizard tool is able to find this lost partition but gives a warning when attempting to recover see image I don t know if it plans to copy the data which could of course potentially overwrite itself since I don t have another drive big enough to copy to which I don t want to waste time doing anyway or if it just overwrites rebuilds the partitioning section at the start of the drive Is this operation going to be relatively safe Or is there a generally safer option tool for this I know there s always at least some risk involved Probably not massively worth nothing but I use the traditional style logon Username Password pair prompt and have fast user switching disabled Thanks for any input nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-login-partition-recovery-containing-windows-special-folders.1059690/
Relevancy 44.72%

Help!

My HDD recently crashed and I'm trying to recover my Outlook.pst file using the Windows Recovery Console - logged in as the Administrator. I can see the files just fine with a "dir" command. However, when I try to "copy" the file I get "access denied". There has to be a way around this? Is there some way to change the attributes such that I can copy it?

Thanks,

A:how to override "access denied" when copying files in Windows Recovery

I don't think you can do this with the recovery console. By default, for security reasons, the recovery console will only allow access to the root of all drives plus the Windows folder. There is a registry setting that will change this, but you can't change that with recovery console.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-override-access-denied-when-copying-files-in-windows-recovery-503179.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all Long time lurker first time poster I am Recovery Restore" System stuck "please Solved: insert at Partition working on a Gateway MX It was mauled by the Parite virus I used the Dr Web tool to cure all of the files But there are a few quot shaky quot parts so that I m not comfortable with the build Search comes up but there is no dialog etc So I hit F to load the recovery partition D partition on the Solved: Recovery Partition stuck at "please insert System Restore" physical drive But it looks like it is stuck mid-process I see the Gateway logo on the upper left the words System Recovery on the upper right On the left it is highlighted at Changing CD-ROM Solved: Recovery Partition stuck at "please insert System Restore" IN the main area of the window there are the words quot Completing Recovery Partition quot at the top and two windows are open in the center The one on the top has System Restore in the title bar of the window with quot please insert System Restore CD DVD now quot The window underneath has quot File copy Please wait quot in the title bar And the drive keep ejecting looking for the CD DVD What I ve done I defeated the PC Angel part so I can see the D partition What I need to do I need to reset this back to the first step so I can use this to reload the OS on the computer I have other builds of XP and I have partition management software So I COULD Solved: Recovery Partition stuck at "please insert System Restore" just install some other build But I d like to reset the restore partition to the beginning Help please May thanks in advance One Ring nbsp

A:Solved: Recovery Partition stuck at "please insert System Restore"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recovery-partition-stuck-at-please-insert-system-restore.974523/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey I receieved a Rootkit virus error 7 by 0x0000005 caused with running... Recovery" Rootkit/"Windows nothing last night alongside quot Windows Recovery quot and it emerged into something nasty today I followed the 0x0000005 error with nothing running... caused by Rootkit/"Windows 7 Recovery" fairly routine steps to remove it but realised I was still being redirected I'm running Windows Ultimate and it was pre-installed so I don't have the disk Initially I checked my internet browser wasn't using a proxy Fixed my Windows host file to read only quot quot etc Scanned with RKill and it quot terminated quot the rootkit Used Unhide to recover hidden files on the Desktop I was still getting redirected from Google so I Then checked Unhack Me found nothing Continually cleared all Cookies Tried to run TDSKILLER it did nothing but 0x0000005 error with nothing running... caused by Rootkit/"Windows 7 Recovery" Bluescreen me I then used GMER as an alternative and it's came up with scan results but nothing in red Ran Combofix - nothing Ran a full scan on MBAM - nothing found Ran a full scan on Spybot - nothing found Ran a full scan on Pandascan - nothing found Ran a full scan on CCleaner cleaning EVERYTHING possible Ran a full scan on Spyware Doctor - nothing found Installed Spyware Blaster Ran Killbox - nothing found Checked that nothing fishy was running on Security Task Manager Checked my Windows startup programs which were almost all Windows and NVIDIA I then noticed a file jlvmyfor exe in Program Files disguised as winamp which completely ruined the running of any process - including explorer exe when I restarted after a scan Now I have an error x for Firefox as soon as Windows starts up I'm guessing this is the virus trying to do something as I don't have Firefox run on startups normally jlvmyfor exe runs and I stop the process but even then - explorer still gets the same error message and I see nothing on the desktop Have just booted cmd exe and ran checkdisk and scandisk No joy Stated quot found corrupt files but was unable to repair some of them quot and I can't access the log it's directing me to I didn't get a Windows CD when I bought the laptop to recover it at all Really not sure what to do I need some of the files on the HDD Any help is much appreciated Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/0x0000005-error-with-nothing-running-caused-by-rootkit-windows-7-recovery-578117.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have installed corel draw 10 on win 2000 pro and my sys. configuration is AMD athlonXP 2500+ and 256 mb ddr ram with 40gb hdd. Installation path: D:/program files/corel (space available on D: drive is 8gb The Problem. he application (Corel Draw 10) is not allowing me to work. when clicked on any icon "Application Recovery Manager Wizard" windows popups and displays message saying "The application you are using has become unstable. This will guide you through...." I uninstalled and reinstalled the application 3 times, the same error continues...

A:Corel Draw 10 Crashing "Application Recovery Manager Wizard"

Is this the first time you are experiencing this issue with Corel Draw 10 on Windows 2000?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/corel-draw-10-crashing-application-recovery-manager-wizard.50053/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I have a HP Laptop with Windows Vista model of computer I don t recall the name Im sorry As of a few days ago a help menu for every program started popping up when I clicked on something I ran AVG and found nothing I ran Windows Defender and again nothing I ran Norton and nothing Still the problem persisted Also when I tried to open a web browser it would open a million new tabs and I would not be able to get online Finally I just relented and did a System Recovery It gave me a fresh system but still there is a help window popping up and I cannot get online and I keep running the virus programs I do have and nothing will catch it Im at a loss The only recovery I have is a drive on my computer no discs so I think it may have gotten on that drive and I cant get online through my browser really although sometimes it will open and it wall have the home page but I cannot click on the URL bar to type in another address because of the help windows that are always there and I cant do anything else to my computer that I know of If someone could help I would be so thankful Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-help-menu-persistence-virus-system-recovery.955984/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Everyone,

First post here, allow me to thank you in advance for your good help - people like me who have limited information on diagnostics and repair owe a deep debt of gratitude for your service.

I own an Acer Aspire V5-571P-6815, which has put up the Recovery blue screen of death, citing Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information. It also cites File:\BCD, Error Code 0xc0000034. It says I'll need to use the recovery tools ion my installation media or boot cd/USB device.

Thank you so much for any help you may be able to give me. I am ready to carry out instruction. I have my cell phone, iPad, and temporarily, another laptop with CD burner.

EDIT: I also have access to UEFI Firmware Settings with menu options. Thanks.

Best,

Maitai11

A:BSOD, error code 0xc0000034, Acer Aspire V5, "Recovery"

Wow, I didn't know topics were posted so quickly - I thought I had lost my post, but it turns out that it already ended up on the 2nd page...

So, I'm sorry to be bumping this, but I was just wondering if someone could get me started in the right direction? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Maitai

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57499-bsod-error-code-0xc0000034-acer-aspire-v5-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all Earlier today I was playing around with Windows Developer Preview inside of Virtualbox I tried to unable Win. disk to Recovery recover start..." is "Windows failed to install the VB guest additions which allows copy-paste between guest and host as well as other things and was told to restart the computer So I restarted the VM and got the new "Windows failed to start..." Recovery disk is unable to recover Win. version of the BSOD saying something or other that I cant remember now After trying to fix it with the recovery tool that came with the Win installer I just chose to reset "Windows failed to start..." Recovery disk is unable to recover Win. it because I hadn't really done anything So I reset it whoopdie-doo and kept messing around with it After a while I got bored of the ugly Metro UI and went back to Windows I just closed the VM Now that I've bored you enough with background info here's my problem I reboot my laptop and I can't boot quot Windows has failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix this problem lt instructions in how to use the recovery disc to repair the computer gt If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File Boot BCD Status xc f Info An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data quot So I whip out my handy-dandy thumb drive that can boot into live Kubuntu Fedora GParted and the Windows x recovery disk I've used the recovery disk before to fix my MBR a while back and it worked perfectly So I assumed it would do its thing now right Wrong It searches for Windows installations and then right off the bat tells me its found errors with my startup options and wants to repair my computer I say yes and am immediately told that it quot failed to save startup options quot There is no OS in the list of discovered Windows installations but it lets me go to quot System Recovery Options quot where I can pull up a command prompt After CDing around a bit I find my Windows hard drive in E Then I noticed that the hard drive didn't even have a boot folder Then I started Googling around and came across this I followed the instructions in options and after creating a new E boot folder but they did not work In option after running bootrec rebuildbcd it found E as a windows installation said it would add it to the boot list and then told me quot the requested system device cannot be found quot In option everything goes well until I execute quot bcdedit import E Boot BCD temp quot and I am told quot the store import operation has failed The requested system device cannot be found quot And this is really frustrating It seems like the recovery disk is only detecting my hard drive when it feels like it But wait that got me thinking Why would the recovery disk do something like that So thanking my insight to keep GParted Live on a nearby USB I spun it up to see what I could see And lo and behold there is a little yellow error icon next to dev sda my main partition with windows I right clicked to read more about it and got a big warning saying quot Cluster XXXXXXX is referenced multiple times quot multiple times and finally quot ERROR Filesystrm check failed ERROR clusters referenced multiracial times NTFS is inconsistent Run chkdsk f on Windows then reboot TWICE quot So I booted back into the recovery disc and hoped it had chkdsk It did I've only run the read-only chkdsk in fear of messing something up Is that possible Or is it safe Anyways chkdsk told me quot Attribute record lt gt is corrupt quot a couple times and eventually finished the first stage Since it was in read-only mode it didn't continue to the next stages One weird error chkdsk reported at the very end was quot Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status quot Oops and there I go again Sorry for the bit lengthy post there Please try to understand what this post is about and if you can offer some... Read more

A:"Windows failed to start..." Recovery disk is unable to recover Win.

Nevermind! I fixed it!

The recovery disk I had on my thumb drive just didn't want to put as much effort into it as recovery disk I burned to a CD a while ago (I downloaded the ISO for the recovery CD from NeoSmart while they still hosted them for free, but I downloaded the ISO on my USB from some other website I can't remember). While doing some housecleaning (it's pretty sad to see me do such a thing- I'm either really stressed or really happy whenever I house clean) I found an old Windows 7 x64 recovery CD that I had downloaded from NeoSmart.com before they stopped hosting it in favor of some paid service. I decided to give it a go, and it worked! In the third paragraph of my original post, I said that the Recovery Disk on my thumb drive told me "Failed to Save Startup Options", but with the Recovery Disk I burned to the CD, it told me to reboot my PC and (after waiting about 10 minutes for the System Restore to check and double check itself, and then reboot again) I'm back in Windows 7!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196045-windows-failed-start-recovery-disk-unable-recover-win.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,
I'd like to start out by saying, my computer knowledge is rather basic, so please, bare with me.

I've recently purchased a pre-made desktop. Upon arrival and start up today- I got the window's recovery error screen stating that hardware/software changes may be at fault. I have only the basics plugged in-I have tried unplugging them all and making sure all connections are secure, trying my old graphics card, and even dropping the ram down to 2gb. I cannot start in safe mode, nor window's normally. Whatever I choose, it goes to the window loading screen with the little orbs for about 10 seconds and restarts my computer. And ends up going to the recovery screen again. I have a reinstallation cd, but it wont read it. I have yet to call tech support for the manufacturer, but I am hoping this is something I can fix. Any ideas?

A:Stuck on "Window's Recovery Error/Restart" Loop

You say your computer is almost brand new...and I would imagine under some form of warranty.

A new computer should not be presenting with the problems you have listed - & we volunteers should not be putting at risk the rights,YOU, the consumer has under that warranty...
Be aware that attempting any subsequent hardware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty.

I strongly suggest that you should seek further advice asap.
Under Warranty terms a duty of care applies.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226758-stuck-windows-recovery-error-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

OK this is not really a start up or boot problem only an annoyance so i boot from the not in vista recovery option" listed installation "system windows installation dvd vista loads i choose the quot repair your computer quot option the quot system recovery option quot appears and the problem is my vista home premium is not listed there so basically i can't select an installation to repair if vista installation not listed in "system recovery option" i needed to i only have one OS i notice that at the bottom of the box it says quot if you do not see your operating system listed click load drivers to load drivers for you hard disks quot do i need to load a driver for my hard drive or something or what drivers is that referring to any knowledgeable mind to explain what that means what could be casing this problem about my vista installation not listing my system works just fine I'm just concerned why vista is not listed in the quot system recovery option quot thanks vista installation not listed in "system recovery option" for any help

A:vista installation not listed in "system recovery option"

Hello Gothnezz,

I believe you are referring to step 5 in the tutorial below. If so, then you can just go ahead and click on Next to continue anyway.

System Recovery Options

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261162-vista-installation-not-listed-system-recovery-option.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I ordered a Toshiba recovery USB It cost me But it doesn't work I need to restore my system because my entire hard disk - including the recovery partition - was wiped clean by a virus A laptop repair person put a cheap version of Windows on for system Can't recovery restore USB ("no bootable from Toshiba device") me but it is not the full version and various things - such as the DVD player - don't work I need to reinstall to factory settings Can't restore system from Toshiba recovery USB ("no bootable device") My USB ports are working fine When I am in Windows I can view the contents of the USB stick I have been sent It contains various folders and files including a quot BOOT quot folder and a quot BOOTMGR quot file I have been into the UEFI settings and made the following changes Disabled Secure Boot Changed the Boot Order so that USB is top of the list Changed the Boot Mode from UEFI to CSM When I restart the machine with these settings in place I get the message quot No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key quot I have four USB ports and I have tried plugging the USB stick into every single one of them but I get the same error every time HELP

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85943-Can-t-restore-system-from-Toshiba-recovery-USB-(-quot-no-bootable-device-quot-)
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm using laptop lenovo T430U, when doing system recovery process until half ways my laptop no battery then shut down. After that Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your langugae settings, and then click next
3. Click "repair your computer."

Can someone help me or tell me how to get it past the windows is loading files?

A:Stuck at "windows is loading files" when doing a system recovery

How do you know your battery caused it to shut down? Does it complete Recovery? Are you using disks or Lenovo One-Key Recovery? How do I recover my system using ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery

Make sure you are on AC power and try again.

If Recovery won't run you can get a much better install doing a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. Everything is provided in the blue link to get and keep a perfect install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/329183-stuck-windows-loading-files-when-doing-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

How can I make it tickable (un-gray it out) again?

I believe this also hinders my ability to press F8 during boot to switch to safe mode/normal startup.

Image:

A:"Time to display recovery options when needed" is grayed out.

That is odd, have you been playing with running services at all?
You may have killed something that feature needs to function.
I tried playing around with a few obvious ones but couldn't reproduce your problem here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/178841-time-display-recovery-options-when-needed-grayed-out.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Good evening people I did a clean windows recovery yesterday night left computer doing the work while I was asleep via HP recovery manager and today while setting it up I plugged in my external HDD for software installers and stuff not sure if the problem was disk" External "Local Hdd+ partition as show recovery present at the moment Later when I wanted External Hdd+ recovery partition show as "Local disk" to eject it and unplug it it didn't want to eject saying that something in it was in use although I was sure I closed everything in relation maybe a External Hdd+ recovery partition show as "Local disk" process was still on but I unplugged it anyways thinking that the ejection is not crucial for mass storage devices then when I plugged it back in later it showed as Local Disk and so did the recovery partition tat was entitled quot Recovery quot before The external HDD which is a Transcend does work properly though and when plugged the scan options notification from ESET Smart Security display its original name I hope I wasn't long explaining useless stuff and hope you guys would be of help to me thank you so much for your time

A:External Hdd+ recovery partition show as "Local disk"

what is shows in device manager?..
Disk management?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366620-external-hdd-recovery-partition-show-local-disk.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I've recently been getting this message when playing Rust and Sniper Elite V2, I also get it if I bump my computer desk too hard. I tried the "Last Known Good Configuration" fix but it didn't work, and I tried the "Repair Your Computer" option, but when I get to the log-in part, my keyboard won't work. I've had the computer for a few months but the problem only occurred a few weeks ago, and and has only been a serious issue this past week.

A:"Windows Error Recovery" System did not shut down properly

Hello and welcome Best Noob soem system specs would be very helpful mate and also try reseating all cables cards and sticks.
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/334068-windows-error-recovery-system-did-not-shut-down-properly.html
Relevancy 44.72%

How can I permanently REMOVE files found in the "Lost" folder of MAGIC RECOVERY, to decrease drive size?

I had plenty of movies in a external hard drive (LaCie trademark). One day I couldn't see anymore the folder containing all these movies, it misteriously dissapeared from the screen, but the size of the external hard drive remained unchanged!!

With Magic Recovery Pro 3.2 I found that folder including all movies, in the "Lost"- items folder.

I can select one movie and save it to another drive (e.g. C:\, D:\...), but what I want also is removing (deleting) some files from the Lost folder, in order to liberate some space from my external hard drive.

Does anyone know how to do it?

If it's not posible to do it with Magic Recovery, but it's posible with another software, please tell me the name .

thanks in advance!

A:permanently REMOVE "Lost" files with MAGIC RECOVERY

Make sure that you can see hidden and system files when viewing that drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/permanently-remove-lost-files-with-magic-recovery.888020/
Relevancy 44.72%

I've seemed to have picked up this spyware. I downloaded and ran Spyware Doctor in Safe mode and I can't seem to get rid of it. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks-

A:Removing "SMART Repair" Data Recovery Spyware

here's one solution:

"Smart Repair" Data Recovery - how to remove

here's another (more involved):

Remove/Get Rid of Smart Repair,Smart HDD Virus Removal-How To Guide | How to Virus Removal

and--if you're into You Tube--here's a video:

Remove SMART HDD Virus, S.M.A.R.T. Check Virus and S.M.A.R.T. Repair Virus - YouTube

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/227965-removing-smart-repair-data-recovery-spyware.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm trying to create a recovery for my Windows 10, and during the process I get an error saying that: "We can't create the recovery drive: A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." With some searching, I found that a common way to fix the error is to un-tick the "Backup system files to the recovery drive" message before proceeding to create a recovery drive. I'm wondering what would happen to the recovery/back-up if I did so.

A:What does unchecking "Backup system files to the recovery drive" do?

Have you read this? Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

From the Tutorial

Note
Back up system files to the recovery drive will require that the USB flash drive is large (at least 8-16 GB) enough for this.

Checking this option will give you a Recover from drive Troubleshoot option in advanced startup that allows you to reinstall Windows from the recovery drive.

Some people are getting a We can't create the recovery drive - A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive error message with Back up system files to the recovery drive checked.

If you have this issue, then leaving Back up system files to the recovery drive unchecked should allow it to successfully create a recovery drive.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/50446-what-does-unchecking-backup-system-files-recovery-drive-do.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i keep geting the ACTIVE DESKTOP RECOVERY thing.... ive done what people say to do online...
Every time i open "my documents" it Says "windows explorer has encountered a problem and must shutdown" or whatever ya know?

i have no clue how to fix this...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/active-desktop-recovery-and-windows-explorer-problem.743694/
Relevancy 44.72%

I got the warning msg that my drive "E" (system restore) was almost full. I did a disk cleanup, and a delete all restore points (including system...). After deleting approx 25 restore points and I've deleted down to 2 currently (new ones) and the only way I could get them to go was with CCleaner, My disk now shows only 4.2 free of the setting of 10.6GB. I cannot find what it taking up over 6GB on my recovery disk. What has it gone for....? I searched the internet several hours but can't find the answer. Any help appreciated...TJ

A:Unable to increase free space on Recovery Disk "E"

System Restore points take up space on C, rather than in E or a recovery partition in my experience. A recovery partition is normally put there by the manufacturer to allow you to restore to factory specifications if needed. I wouldn't ever deliberately put anything else on a recovery partition.

Who made this PC?

Can you post a picture of Windows Disk Management so we can see a visual display of your partitions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221672-unable-increase-free-space-recovery-disk-e.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i want to create recovery imag
when i try using "command prompt" (as admin) , writing image struck at 1% after 20 mins it screen displays "Error Code - 0x80070005"....
refer snap shot
thank yuu

A:cant create recovery image "Error Code - 0x80070005"

you already have a thread going with this same topic ,why start a new one ???

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/61452-cant-create-recovery-image-error-code-0x80070005.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I have an HP Laptop (DV 6646 US) with a Windows Vista installed.. During the last 1yr my laptop has been falling apart (literally) with first the audio drivers crashing, then problems with the DVD writer etc. When I bought the laptop, I had a recovery partition & was not provided a Windows Vista CD/DVD. Since my DVD Writer has crashed, I do not have the option of creating recovery discs now. Could anyone please suggest a method for me to reinstall/recover Windows Vista from the recovery partition without having to use a CD/DVD.

Thanks in advance!!

A:How to "reinstall/recover" Windows Vista from Recovery Partition without CD/DVD?

‪Windows 7 - Create a System Repair Disc on a Bootable USB Flash Drive without Burning a CD‬‏ - YouTube

Quote:

Steps followed in this video are listed below.

Assume that the flash drive is F and disk 1 in diskpart.

Create 2 folders on the flash drive - boot and sources

cd c:\recovery
dir /a:sh
cd YOUR_GUID_DIRECTORY (only subdirectory in c:\recovery)
dir /a:sh
xcopy /h boot.sdi F:\boot
echo F|xcopy /h Winre.wim F:\sources\boot.wim
cd c:\windows\boot\
xcopy /h dvd\pcat\bcd F:\boot
xcopy /h dvd\pcat\en-US\bootfix.bin F:\boot
xcopy /h pcat\bootmgr F:
attrib -r -s -h /s F:\*
diskpart
list disk
select disk 1
list partition
select partition 1
active
list partition
exit

Eject the flash drive and boot from it.

Create a USB flash drive which has the same functionality as a system repair disc - startup repair, system restore, image recovery, and command prompt. Some computers may take more time to boot from USB, although newer machines should boot faster. This method should also work with a USB hard drive.

There are a lot of things with a USB workaround, provided you have a USB flash drive to spare. That should help cover the use of a System Repair Disk, however you will need to access a feature during the BIOS stage that will allow you to activate the recovery partition.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-reinstall-recover-windows-vista-from-recovery-partition-without-cd-dvd-588174.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, my sister has Sony Vaio E-Series which runs windows 7 Home edition. She encountered a problem starting up the windows and decided to use Recovery Disk, Recovery Disk stopped working and needs additional source (disk) to run. She weren't successful so decided to stop recovery and run it again. After that the error "BOOTMGR is missing" appeared! When I put the recovery disk inside the machine it doesn't work. F8 and F4 keys also don't work. So I can't use the similar solution mentioned on the internet like running "system restore". She also doesn?t have Windows 7 installation disc to run.

Please help me solve this problem

A:Error "BOOTMGR is missing"_It doesn't allow me to use recovery disk

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

How to make Sony Recovery Disks:
View Document

How to use Sony Recovery:
View Document

How to use Sony Hardware Diagostics:
View Document

How to order Sony Recovery disks:
1.Go to http://servicesales.sel.sony.com.
2.Enter your computer's model number (for example, PCV-XXXX), and click List Parts and accessories.
3.Follow the online instructions to order the Recovery Media Kit.
If you are not able to access the Sony Direct Accessories and Parts Center Web site, contact a customer service representative at 1-800-488-7669.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/186834-error-bootmgr-missing-_it-doesnt-allow-me-use-recovery-disk.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I recently tried to install debian linux via a live USB which didn't go too well Basically my mbr and general boot sector got messed up completely So I used the live USB to re-write the mbr of Windows using quot TestDisk quot on linux which let the OS show up in my win recovery disk The first time it started repairing straight away and asked me to reboot I did so and the second time it went to the list of recovery options of which I selected repair system I think thats what it's called the first one anyway which did some more repairs and asked me to reboot again This time the repair CD still booted but said there were no problems and the OS should boot perfectly fine This is not the case removed the cd no displays "mbr" disk in screen Boot recovery problems and I still just get quot ctrl alt del reboot quot on my boot screen Any ideas what options I have from here

A:Boot screen displays "mbr" no problems in recovery disk

this has happened to my uncles laptop before, it is quite mis-leading, if you have recently installed some modules of ram, sometimes if the size and speed dont match it will show that error, this is one of the reasons that that error comes up, i assume there are many more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256896-boot-screen-displays-mbr-no-problems-recovery-disk.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello there I have a sony vaio VPC-CW FG laptop My hard disk crashed recently so I bought a new hard disk Seagate ST LT which is based on advanced format k sectors The problem is that whenever I try to recover my system using recovery DVDs an error pops up quot Windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware quot After researching a bit I found and successfully verified the st error the article http support microsoft com kb with my problem However the second " recovery Problem "Windows - can't setup vaio Sony verifying instruction does not appear there is no such line in my system As far as correcting methods are concerned The problem is that the second method does not applies to my system because the bios does not show any such option and I'm not sure how to apply the first method Please guide me step wise how do I install drivers when I can't boot into my computer Is there a way I can do that from linux liveUSB I don't have any windows installation DVD Please Sony vaio recovery Problem - "Windows setup can't " help

A:Sony vaio recovery Problem - "Windows setup can't "

Here are the attachments referred in the microsoft support article

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/207885-sony-vaio-recovery-problem-windows-setup-cant.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I am a new member and really want to get some help from all members here. I have an Axioo netbook running Windows 7 Starter. Due to some problems the other days, I decided to run a Recovery. The recovery process ran successfully, and I eventually had a fresh re-installation of the operating system. But, the problem is, everytime I turn on my netbook, I always get this annoying notification. I didn't have any user data to restore and I always clicked Cancel to dismiss the pop-up window. However, this annoying notification always appears for every startup and I must click Cancel button to make it disappear from the screen.
My question is what should I do to solve this annoying problem? I find it uneasy to always click Cancel button for each startup.
Thanks a lot for the help.

A:HELP Please : Annoying "Restore User Files" Window after Recovery

Did you import your files separately? This normally only comes up when you choose to run Recovery with backup.

Have you tried clicking Restore my Files to see what it has to offer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/103646-help-please-annoying-restore-user-files-window-after-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I have an HP Laptop (DV 6646 US) with a Windows Vista installed.. During the last 1yr my laptop has been falling apart (literally) with first the audio drivers crashing, then problems with the DVD writer etc. When I bought the laptop, I had a recovery partition & was not provided a Windows Vista CD/DVD. Since my DVD Writer has crashed, I do not have the option of creating recovery discs now. Could anyone please suggest a method for me to reinstall/recover Windows Vista from the recovery partition without having to use a CD/DVD.

Thanks in advance!!

A:How to "reinstall/recover" Windows Vista from Recovery Partition without CD/DVD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reinstall-recover-windows-vista-from-recovery-partition-without-cd-dvd.1007921/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a laptop with a fingerprint reader on it, got it enrolled with Windows Hello, everything I read tells me I should have an option to login with my fingerprint.  Nothing on the login screen.  My "login-options" are recovery questions, password, one time password.  I can find nothing on where to reset the security questions, I assume I filled these out when I set up the system but I despise them and generally ignore what I put in there.  Password works.  Where is my fingerprint option, and where do I either get rid of or reset the "recovery questions"?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19675048
Relevancy 44.72%

Since upgrading to Windows 10, on my Alienware 17R3, I Constantly keep getting a popup to "update Your Recovery Media".  I did update my recovery media immediately after upgrading to windows 10, But I still keep getting the popup every time i reboot my laptop and almost every hour or so.   I have clicked on "Do Not remind me" option on popup , but  I Still Get it!
I figured it no harm to trying to update my recovery media again just a couple days ago to see if I could get rid of the nagging popup, But I am still getting it.   Has anyone else experienced this and know any solution/suggestions?? 

A:"Update your Recovery Media" Constantly popping up. (Even after updating already)

Try asking your question in the Alienware owner club forum.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19667431
Relevancy 44.72%

I know this question has been asked before as I've read about it all over the Internet. In order to get rid of the 'Low Disk Space' message it says to go to the registry and locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer, type a new value, etc. The only problem is I don't have an Explorer key. It ends at Policies.

I've tried everything. I've tried creating the key myself, and I've tried inserting the value into the policies folder. Nothing has worked. Can anyone help?
Thank you
Brad

A:Solved: Can't get rid of "Low Disk Space" message on my recovery drive

I guess no one else is having this problem. Do you think this is a problem with HP?
Brad

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-get-rid-of-low-disk-space-message-on-my-recovery-drive.636290/
Relevancy 44.72%

This is the screen i get when i start my virtual machine of Windows 8. This is what comes written there.
"Windows Recovery Environment
Your PC needs to be repaired
This 64-Bit application couldn't load because your PC doesn't have a 64-Bit Processor. If you're using Windows To Go, make sure your USB device has a version of Windows that's compatible with the PC you're trying to use.
File:\windows\system32\boot\winload.exe
Error Code: 00xc000035a"
All this when I already have a 64-Bit Genuine Windows 7 home premium installed on my Sony Vaio Lapotop with Core i5 processor, 4GB RAM.
What should i do please help??

A:"Windows Recovery Environment" after installing Win 8 virtual machine

Windows 8 throws an error involving winload.exe when it can not boot for any reason.

Sounds to me like you might have to setup VirtualBox better or whatever software you're using. I don't use virtualization, so I can't be more specific.

In your motherboard bios settings, make sure Virtualization is on, or similar. (VT or HAV)

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/5047-windows-recovery-environment-after-installing-win-8-virtual-machine.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i just made a copy of my computer's :"COMPAQ RECOVERY CD/DVD CREATOR" porgram for computer recovery. It took 6 CDs to make the copy as it was suppose to.

as my computer made it clear ,one and only one copy of the :"COMPAQ RECOVERY CD/DVD CREATOR" can be made. im wondering why that is?

the copy i made was successfully completed,but i made the copy because i had a registry file corruption that was preventing me from doing a full reformat/recovery but my computer was otherwise working fine.. does this mean my RECOVERY SET is corrupted with that bad registy file too?

thanks ahead of time.

Relevancy 44.72%

I started to do a full "stuck" Aspire restore Acer system Solved: during (recovery) 5750z system recovery on my son s Acer Aspire z Windows Home Premium -bit using the Recovery DVD s we made when we bought it Everything was working fine through the first three discs I was called away while the Solved: Acer Aspire 5750z "stuck" during system restore (recovery) third disc was in use maybe minutes and when I got back to the machine the window was up asking me to remove disc and insert disc I did and in the hours and minutes since then nothing has happened The Acer eRecovery Management v Window is up Step quot Restore Progres quot is highlighted The elapsed time counter is continuing to run currently at hours minutes and counting the quot Restoring System quot bar is full and shows and the quot Updating System quot bar is stuck at which is where it was when I put in the th disc I am tempted to shut down the laptop and start all over again but I am afraid that it will mess something up if I do what should I do at this point nbsp

A:Solved: Acer Aspire 5750z "stuck" during system restore (recovery)

big_m:
Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

I started to do a full system recovery on my son's Acer Aspire 5750z, Click to expand...

Why?

I am NOT, sadly an expert with the Acer recovery program.

I don't know if stopping & restarting will damage your computer.

Which service pack of W7 HP 64 bit?

Logically, what choices have you; wait for X # of hours, or shut it down?

If you shut it down, boot to the W7 Recovery Environment & try a repair. It might find the files necessary to believe that W7 is currently installed.

Run Diags from Acer, that are probably built into the computer.

Which Acer Aspire 5750z? There seem to be multiple offerings.

There's a user guide here.
http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3681

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5750z-stuck-during-system-restore-recovery.1088898/
Relevancy 44.72%

My laptop, when powered up started automatically launching Windows Start Repair and loops for hours in fixing problems. I do not know what prompted this cycle to even start. I have entered the F2 screen at the start up and made it so it starts from a disk vs hard drive. I then put in the 1st recovery cd and restart. It automatically loads into the screen "Please wait a moment" and never proceeds. Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/387291-acer-aspire-v5-571-recovery-disk-stays-stuck-please-wait-moment.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Forumers nbsp nbsp I have an Inspiron and since the hard disk broke and was replaced and after upgrading to Wondows I have not been able to re-install Dell Backup and Recovery It always stop at the first step of the installation process after rebooting saying that access is denied Looking at the various logflies in the installation directory nbsp I can find the following errors - nbsp quot Error failed to close CSTDisk handle GPT quot in the DSLCheck exe log file - various errors like these in the CreateHardLinks exe log file - - nbsp nbsp Error File Not Found C Program Files x Dell Backup and Recovery Components Restore libxml dll - ErrCode - ErrMsg The system cannot find the file specified - - nbsp nbsp Error File Not Found C Program Files x Dell Backup and Can't my denied") 2330 Inspiron on install Dell ("Access is 1.7.5.64 and Recovery Backup Recovery Can't install Dell Backup and Recovery 1.7.5.64 ("Access is denied") on my Inspiron 2330 Components DBRUpdate DsProtectionIndex dll - ErrCode - ErrMsg The system cannot find the file specified - - nbsp nbsp Error File Not Found C Program Files x Dell Backup and Recovery Components DBRUpdate DsProtectionIndex dll config - ErrCode - ErrMsg The Can't install Dell Backup and Recovery 1.7.5.64 ("Access is denied") on my Inspiron 2330 system cannot find the file specified - In the SftService exe log file - - nbsp nbsp Error BOOL CSftServiceModule CreateDBRTile void Temp Link file not found C Program Files x Dell Backup and Recovery DBR lnk - ErrCode - - nbsp nbsp Error failed to close CSTDisk handle GPT Any idea about where these errors are coming from Alternatively what are other good backup recovery SW you may suggest Plain Windows features Thanks

A:Can't install Dell Backup and Recovery 1.7.5.64 ("Access is denied") on my Inspiron 2330

no replies in 7 months.  I have the same problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19612942
Relevancy 44.29%

third attempt to post I recently bought a brand new Hewlett Packard computer It prompts you Hewlett Hp full." error Packard "recovery Pavillion drive message dv2500 to back up your files and gives you the option of selecting the backup drive d or writing to dvd I selected writing to the backup "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 drive The system "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 tried to backup my files but sent an error message recovery drive full It continues to prompt me to backup my files I solved this problem by going to the HP website clicking on troubleshooting and entering the details of my computer I then found an FAQ somehow The page explained that I had been wrong to select the d drive to back up my files how foolish of me to choose one of two options "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 offered It said that the D drive was only small I must delete the file already created there and then change the settings to create a backup onto a dvd drive instead You delete the backed up copy of the file by going to start computer HP recovery d where the first folder you will find will be one with the name of your computer eg in my case Anna-PC You then delete this file You then go to start and type backup in the search box Select backup and restore center then change settings then change backup settings then give your permission to continue then select DVD rw drive e which describes itself as on a hard disc cd or dvd I wondered if there had been some sort of design error Why did they give me that option if it was not a good place to save a backup I would have thought there was little point of making a backup on the same pc you are backing up anyway Had they intended people to back things up there but not allowed enough space gb is quite a lot of space after all Many people must have stored less than gb there in blissfull ignorance that it is the wrong place I am rather mystified nbsp

A:"recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500

Actually what concerns me more is, I wonder if you have deleted files in your recovery partition.
It's usually hidden from inside Windows, so I expect no. But by chance did you receive a Windows CD or just a recovery partition (because the recovery files may now be gone)

As for the location, think of it this way, it will show all areas that you can backup to. I think even the floppy drive (if you have one) this is to give you the full choice, instead of putting restrictions on your own computer (which most don't like)

That's why.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovery-drive-full-error-message-hewlett-packard-pavillion-hp-dv2500.99700/
Relevancy 44.29%

Running System WinXP SP Hi All After Missing PC F/Wall attempted sticks (ESET??). recovery BIOS "loop". in a start My st lt - Can t count post so please be gentle with me I ll try to give all the details here I d loaded ESET security suite on day trial without any problems whatsoever When it came to remove it hrs ago I discovered I couldn t re-start my Win F Wall due to missing ICS module I gave up on that for a while and tried a couple of rd party options but got fed up spending more time answering pop up questions in s ware d load so I decided to do a disc recovery During this it announced that it couldn t find a total of Missing F/Wall (ESET??). After attempted recovery PC sticks in a BIOS start "loop". dll files thought that was what recovery was for I was given the option of searching for them which I did All went well until minutes to the end when it announced that Windows could not find ICFGNT dll without an option of letting me point it in the right direction and continued the recovery run to the end At this point as it does it went to the start position went through the BIOS push F or screen showed me a zebra crossing that turned into a white bar and promptly jumped back to the start position and has done ever since I ve tried all options through F safe but it does exactly the same I d loaded and ran a floppy NTLDR which I discovered gets you as far as I can anyway Currently useing my old HDD which the same set-up disc has installed so the system seems to be alright my st thought is set-up disc is old and marked I copied all the alleged missing files to floppy but during recovery run you don t or I don t know how get the option to use a floppy I ve even tried kicking the housing at the critical moment of start-up This I hasten to add is not a recommended practice and doesn t work but it sure made me feel better There has got to be a way to get back into the system surely There are things on there I need I mean I only wanted to repair the bloody F Wall Any Help pointers or beer will be greatly appreciated Please remember though that DOS and I if that is what is needed have no knowledge of each other TIA Elmer B Fuddled IRONY MOMENT Seeing as my yr old original XP disc looks a bit worse for wear I ve prepared a new slipstreamed nLited SP version to which I ve added all my personal stuff to fill the DVD-R it s been tried out on VMware and works a treat I ll leave it to you to guess where the ISO file is nbsp

A:Missing F/Wall (ESET??). After attempted recovery PC sticks in a BIOS start "loop".

Pull the drive out and set it to slave with the jumper and put it in another pc and start it up and let windows recognize the new hardware restart after new hardware install ((ALWAYS do that)) and then you should be able to open my computer and browse to you old hard drive (slave) and get any and all files you want

PS I have been tempted to hit slug kick drop-kick smash my computers also!!! that made me laugh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-f-wall-eset-after-attempted-recovery-pc-sticks-in-a-bios-start-loop.730988/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello;
Went to do an XP reinstall of factory restore disks (3) and never, ever had this problem. After files were copied, asked to restart PC and got a prompt stating...."cannot find ntldr"-
then asks for a boot disk presumably with this file on it- this has never, ever happened before- isn't ntldr one of the files that's copied and then installed?? I guess what I need to do is to locate an ntldr file, make a disk of it and try to get it installed so the rest of the Xp install can be completed. Thinking perhaps I have a corrupt recovery/reinstallation disk- any suggestions would be appreciated.
Webz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recovery-disk-reinstall-produces-ntldr-file-request-first-time.519972/
Relevancy 44.29%

brand new laptop HP e UEFI GPT etc upgraded to from first thing then clicked on the MS create recovery in blind hope of a clean restore inserted gb stick later found out is illegal windows version that is not removable SD-extreme gb list on toms HW as winner of all and is useless for this app so i pull out my very old SD "create disk" fails. recovery windows cruiser glide gb old slow and not win cert a good thing yes all gb extremes are windows "create recovery disk" fails. mapped as HDD not removable media and is doomed known on all forums but same error humm the cruiser shows up i device manager under removable media btw but i want to find out why the missing files error i have a HDD and SSD with latter mirrored both the orig HDD fails and SSD fails same way i parked the HDD and run only SSD but both fail my guess is upgrades to windows is cause now the screen attached my simple questions how can i find the log of these errors it's not in event viewer oddly sfc scannow works as does chkdsk and restore create works and system is Fast a lightning all HP apps works cept there version of create disk for same reasons please help me thanks windows "create recovery disk" fails. for reading ps my HP create recovery now works on the GLIDE old very old gb stick i had laying about so now im thinking HP blocks the MS create so you will use theirs but id love to know this what files are missing

A:windows "create recovery disk" fails.

How can you have a brand new laptop with an "illegal" 8 ?

You may be right about HP affecting the recovery drive process. Possible they have linked to their own version of recovery drive creator or similar.

Also possible your winre.wim isn't registered.

Try running reagentc /enable at an elevated command.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/51337-windows-create-recovery-disk-fails.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello and thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer I ve just put my new computer together and after having quite a few headaches getting my OS Drivers working c: 64) "Chkdsk /r" report? -- Recovery progress in No (XP Console Finally got the system bootable and stable and drivers working etc I discovered a new problem My event viewer had a ton of disk error s quot The device Device HardDisk has a bad block quot This is probably due to all the brute-force resets and shut-downs I had to do during all the headaches of "Chkdsk c: /r" in Recovery Console (XP 64) -- No progress report? getting everything working I m using Windows XP x and even though my system was stable I wanted to try to fix that quot bad block quot before the disk got too populated and or it started causing more problems or god forbid failing altogether I booted into the quot Recovery Console quot and ran quot chkdsk c r quot hoping to repair the bad sector I have never run chkdsk through the recovery console before Here is my question After hitting enter on the command I got only this quot Volume created on The volume "Chkdsk c: /r" in Recovery Console (XP 64) -- No progress report? Serial number is xxxxx-xxxx quot And nothing else So should I be seeing any progress report Should I be seeing quot checked scanning quot or anything like that Or does chkdsk just run without giving you any info whatsoever Now I m worried I know killing power during a chkdsk can potentially destroy a drive so I ve left the comp alone for a while probably over an hour by now and there is still nothing showing up after the quot serial number is xx quot line And after googling around and searching these forums a whole lot I can t find any indication of what I should see after I enter the quot chkdsk quot command Thank you in advance to any kind Tech Gurus who want to enlighten me here on what my course of action should be nbsp

A:"Chkdsk c: /r" in Recovery Console (XP 64) -- No progress report?

Welcome to TSG!

It should say at the least:
CHKDSK is checking the volume...
XX% completed.

THere may be one or more lines above the Percentage counter that say:
CHKDSK is performing additional checking or recovery...

Unless the x64 version is drastically different

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/chkdsk-c-r-in-recovery-console-xp-64-no-progress-report.934774/
Relevancy 44.29%

I installed Windows Xp professional on my PC and not using licensed Antivirus due to this many times I need to format because of virus attack,

so here I want to install (make ) Recovery drive on my Pc or on CD, but dont know how to do so.

plz help me regarding that matter ?

A:Windows Xp professional "Recovery Drive Disk"

You would have to have a separate drive, either internal or external that is at least as large as your C: drive is. You then can clone your C: drive to the other drive or you can make Image files to DVD's Using Acronis, or Ghost, (which cost but are great and easy to work) or use HDClone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-professional-recovery-drive-disk-572872.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello!
I'm trying to reset my PC in hopes that it will fix some issues i'm having with games, however whenever I try to reset my PC it says "Could not find the recovery environment". It says to insert my windows installation or recovery media, but I got windows 10 from the free upgrade (I upgraded from windows 7) so I don't have anything to install it. I could really use any help that anyone could offer. Thanks!

A:"Could not find the recovery environment" on attempt to reset PC

Welcome to the forum you can go an download a iso for usb or dvd Windows 10 ISO Download

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/59133-could-not-find-recovery-environment-attempt-reset-pc.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I posted this on the spinrite usenet group but it doesn (without reformat/diagnose drive use spinrite I Can to a "recovery")? t look like there s much Can I use spinrite to reformat/diagnose a drive (without "recovery")? traffic there so I thought I would thow it around to the experts here I have a GB Western Digital caviar drive that I pulled from a friend s computer The drive has showed some signs of trouble but I don t know whether it s just a few bad sectors or if I should just throw it away My friend had reformatted the drive as part of trying to figure out what was wrong with his computer so there s no data on the drive that I care about When I run spinrite it chugs along fine until it gets to at which point it bogs down in a way I ve never seen before granted I ve only used spinrite a few times before - It goes into the Dynastat recovery screen for a while and then goes back to the Graphic Status Display where I think it stays for at least several hours without ever progressing beyond - The graphics display freezes up off and on - nothing changes for a minute or two and keyboard input isn t even processed while it s quot frozen quot If I enter several keystrokes like up or down arrows I think a few of them are queued up and processed when it unfreezes - The physical drive gets very hot Not quite hot enough to burn my fingers but close As I said I don t care about recovering data from the drive so if spinrite is having trouble with some sectors of the disk I just want it to mark them as bad and move on Is there a way to tell spinrite to do that I ve only used options and in spinrite before and I m vaguely aware that there are other choices I can specify but I m not sure if any of them do what I m looking for Obviously this isn t a terribly valuable drive so I don t want to spend too much time messing with it but I have a use for it if I can get it working properly If based on what I ve described you can tell me that I should just throw it in the trash let me know thanks for any advice you can provide to a spinrite noob nbsp

A:Can I use spinrite to reformat/diagnose a drive (without "recovery")?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-use-spinrite-to-reformat-diagnose-a-drive-without-recovery.962102/
Relevancy 44.29%

On this internet computer I ve got administrator accounts and one limited user account xp home The administrator accounts quot My Docs folder quot was set quot keep my files private quot Something KOed my OS I had a fresh copy of xp ready to go in a new HD clean install so I just plugged it in as the primary drive and then plugged the bad OS system drive in as the secondary The fresh xp install files my "keep administrator private" Recovery Disaster was the same XP as the corrupted one was on the same computer and the accounts and passwords were the same since changed so I just figured I could grab quot my docs quot off the old HD and copy and paste them to the new one wrong I got around this because I had about a one month old image of the corrupted C drive then made images of my docs before reinstalling the C drive from the month old image so as not to lose a month s worth of data Disaster Recovery administrator "keep my files private" my docs were Disaster Recovery administrator "keep my files private" on the C drive amp amp amp amp and would ve been deleted when I reinstalled the image back to the C drive and had to reinstall the image of the OS to the C drive on the corrupted HD This bothers me because if I didn t have an image of the C Disaster Recovery administrator "keep my files private" drive I would ve been SOL Is there a better way to protect quot my docs quot than quot keep my files private quot or a way to password protect the quot my docs quot folders in xp home instead of just making them private I should ve installed the xp pro or the pro on this internet computer instead of the other thx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disaster-recovery-administrator-keep-my-files-private.566801/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys, sorry if this isnt enough information but my PC of 3 years has recently stopped working and i have no idea about this technology...i think my storage is corrupt or something. Anyway, i followed the system start up repair options to a "system recovery options" page which allows me to "Use recovery tools that can help fix problems starting windows. Select an operating system to repair" however there is no OS listed in the box below. I am given the option to Load drivers but have no idea what im looking for and get the "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware" error no matter what i click. Any help is appreciated as this is my only computer and i have uni work to do i shall try add pictures at a later date if needed as im currently typing this from my phone. Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/386278-windows-7-system-recovery-options-cant-find-os.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello From reading a previous posting on this site It looks like I have been hijacked by the quot File Recovery quot program It "File hijacked Computer Recovery" was program by started when I was searching for images using Firefox While searching for images I believe that I clicked on an image then the Firefox browser closed itself I did not think too much of that but after it closed I noticed that computer was not able to find any wireless signals I know there was a wireless signal coming from my router that other computers were picking up My desktop was normal looking for a minute after the browser closed and then the Computer was hijacked by "File Recovery" program desktop went black with only about icons visible Computer was hijacked by "File Recovery" program and then the quot File Recovery quot program automatically started and error messages suddenly appeared The program started quot scanning quot my C drive automatically and said that the drive was damaged and I Computer was hijacked by "File Recovery" program would need to upgrade this program in order to recover the quot lost quot files Well I could not upgrade anything since I could not connect to the internet through wi-fi and I was not going to use an Ethernet connection I am using another computer to get on the internet and transferring the log files from the hijacked computer with an USB drive Hopefully you can help me fix my problem and I thank you in advance I have posted the logs below AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Operating system Windows Professional Service Pack bits User Omari - OMARI-VAIO Boot Mode Normal Running from J malware removal adwcleaner exe Option Search Services Files Folders Folder Found C ProgramData Partner Registry Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes A CD- D - -BA -E EA EA Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Wow Node Classes Interface D A B- A F- BE -B -F E E Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes A CD- D - -BA -E EA EA Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes A CD- D - -BA -E EA EA Key Found HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes A CD- D - -BA -E EA EA Internet Browsers - Internet Explorer v OK Registry is clean - Mozilla Firefox v en-US Profile name default Profil par d faut File C Users Omari AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles b i i qg default prefs js OK File is clean Profile name bvd File C Users Omari AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles d t rty bvd prefs js OK File is clean - Google Chrome v Unable to get version File C Users Omari AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Preferences OK File is clean AdwCleaner R txt - octets - EOF - C AdwCleaner R txt - octets Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes orgDatabase version v Windows Service Pack x NTFSInternet Explorer Omari OMARI-VAIO administrator AMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Quick scanScan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUMScan options disabled P PObjects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Detected HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Start ShowMyComputer PUM Hijack StartMenu - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and repaired successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Start ShowSearch PUM Hijack StartMenu - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and repaired successfully Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected No malicious items detected end DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer nbsp BrowserJavaVersion Run by Omari at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional nbsp nbsp GMT - AV Norton Internet Security Disabled Outdated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF ... Read more

A:Computer was hijacked by "File Recovery" program

Hello and welcome to Computer Hope Forum. My name is Dave. I will be helping you out with your particular problem on your computer. 1. I will be working on your Malware issues. This may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.2. The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.3. If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to ask.4. Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans while I am helping you.5. It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.6. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.7. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.If you can't access the internet with your infected computer you will have to download and transfer any programs to the computer you're using now and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD-RW or a USB storage device. I prefer a CD because a storage device can get infected. If you use a storage device hold the shift key down while inserting the USB storage device for about 10 secs. You will also have to transfer the logs you receive back to the good computer using the same method until we can get the computer back on-line. *************************************************************************Remove the Adware:Please close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with OKYour computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.*********************************************************P2P - I see you have P2P software installed on your machine. (BitComet)We are not here to pass judgment on file-sharing as a concept. However, we will warn you that engaging in this activity and having this kind of software installed on your machine will always make you more susceptible to re-infections. It is certainly contributing to your current situation.Please note: Even if you are using a "safe" P2P program, it is only the program that is safe. You will be sharing files from uncertified sources, and these are often infected. The bad guys use P2P filesharing as a major conduit to spread their wares.I would strongly recommend that you uninstall them, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove these programs, you can do so via Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs.****************************************************Download Security Check by screen317 from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2* Double-click Security Check.bat* Follow the on-screen instructions inside of the black box.* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt* Post the contents of that document in your next reply.Note: If a security program requests permission from dig.exe to access the Internet, allow it to do so.****************************************************Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your DESKTOP.  Link 1Link 2Link 3To prevent your anti-virus application interfering with  ComboFix we need to disable it. See here for a tutorial regarding how to do so if you are unsure.Close any open windows and double click ComboFix.exe to run it.You will see the following image:Click I Agree to start the program.ComboFix will then extract the necessary files and you will see this:As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to  have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware  removal. This will not occur in Windows Vista and 7It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repai... Read more

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,135078.0.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I bought a new computer an what partitioning are Problems win7 new with system: "Recovery" For where Win is already pre-installed on partition C In addition I want now to install a second quot test quot Win system on a NEW primary partition AND a logical quot data quot partition At startup I want to choose later Problems with partitioning new win7 system: For what are "Recovery" an between the Win systems which one I want to boot When I inspect now the current partition table before Problems with partitioning new win7 system: For what are "Recovery" an changing it it looks like quot Recovery quot GB Primary MBR NTFS quot System Reserved quot MB Primary NTFS Active System quot Local Volume quot GB Primary MBR NTFS Boot unallocated As you can I have a problem If I create a new th primary bootable partition with GB into the quot unallocated quot space then all maximum primary partitions are filled I can NOT create a th primary partition which contains the logical quot data quot partition So I guess I must either destroy quot Recovery quot or quot System Reserved quot primary partition to have one more primary partition slot available Now what for are the quot Recovery quot and the quot System reserved quot partition I don't know them from WinXP Are they Win specific Or are they quot inventions quot from the computer manufacturer Sony Is quot Recovery quot absolutely necessary Why is quot System Reserved quot active From I WinXP I know only paritions as active which hold the OS and not some kind of quot pre-boot-partitions quot Thank you Peter

A:Problems with partitioning new win7 system: For what are "Recovery" an

Hello pstein, welcome to Seven Forums!

Just as a place to get you started, have a look at the tutorials at the links below.

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

How to create a dual boot using the Partition Wizard program.

Dual Boot : Create Partitions Using PWBD

Then Option Two in this one to remove the "System Reserved" partition.

Partition Wizard : Use the Bootable CD

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/112061-problems-partitioning-new-win7-system-what-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there, I have an A100 with the original recovery disk. The problem I'm having is that when I am trying to run this disk at startup [Boot from CD] it runs through the "Loading RAMDisk Image" then "Please Wait" for a short time - then it reboots! I've let it run this loop for around 10 times before trying gain, and agin, and again etc etc etc....

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get it to actually load??

I've cleaned the disk, also made a copy of it & tryed that - same problem over & over again.

Any help really appreciated!

Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

I am experiancing really big problems using my Acer Travelmate 4202LMi Laptop.

I cannot hear any sound, I cannot use my webcam, and I can't use the Acer Empowering Technology. I have tried to use the System Recovery disks to re-install windows... and It gets so far into installing it, then says "Cannot Install Operating System, Missing Partition" or something along those lines.

I need a free and easy to use software that will allow me to re-install windows on my laptop using the recovery disk.

Thanks for any help given!

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I have an ASUS M BF factory-installed Win - that came with C OS amp D Data partitions on a single GPT internal disk The C partition was about GB and the D partition was -something GB Well I didn't want it partitioned that way - I wanted a Missing"-can't ASUS get recovery partition "Some are Files larger C drive I called ASUS to ask why they did that the rep said I should keep all "Some Files are Missing"-can't get ASUS recovery partition my data and installed programs on D so it would be easier if I ever refreshed I told him that was ridiculous because a refresh doesn't delete your files but you still have to reinstall all your programs no matter what partition everything was on So when I told him I just wanted a C drive and I was going to combine C D to make it one big C drive he said yes I could do that I decided to make a smaller D partition for a SysImage later that's why you see D in the images below So I did - with EASEUS Partition Manager I see now that was a big mistake Now I can't even create a recovery flash drive because quot some files are missing quot And their Backtracker program won't even install I read much of the thread here Windows Recovery - Could not find recovery environment and I sort of understand what happened I am wondering if I can get my recovery partition designated correctly again I saw some people were successful but since I have no idea what I'm doing I was hoping one of the gurus here could walk me through my particular installation step-by-step so I don't mess it up any further Thanks very much

A:"Some Files are Missing"-can't get ASUS recovery partition

Originally Posted by simrick

Windows 8.1 Recovery - Could not find recovery environment

partition 1 - the Windows RE tools partition
partition 6 - the Recovery image partition

- You need to manually select the partition and change the partition ID.
- Open an elevated command prompt and type (or copy and paste) the following commands:

diskpart
select disk 0
list partition
select partition 1
set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
select partition 6
set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac
list partition
exit

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/62280-some-files-missing-cant-get-asus-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Short version I can't restore the is storage not allowed"? to "recovery location HELP! the backup backup I made of Windows to my new hard drive Restore refuses to recognize the new drive as a valid destination When I try to restore my image using the Win DVD I get an error message that reads quot Recovery to the backup storage location is not allowed quot Obviously it is trying to restore to the same drive I backed up Windows to How do I get my Windows setup to restore to the new drive Long HELP! "recovery to the backup storage location is not allowed"? version I had two GB drives in my PC One SATA Master with Windows on it and HELP! "recovery to the backup storage location is not allowed"? one legacy GB IDE drive also Master channel I was using for data Both drives were getting pretty full so I bought a TB sata drive with the intension of moving my Win installation to it I removed the Data IDE and put the TB sata in its place When I installed the TB drive I wanted it to be Master so I moved my Win drive to Slave I then booted back into Windows using the HELP! "recovery to the backup storage location is not allowed"? BIOS boot menu Back in Windows I ran Backup and backed up EVERYTHING to the new TB drive But I wanted Windows on that new bigger TB drive so I booted up my trusty copy of Linux from an external HDD wiped my Win drive after confirming the backup was good and moved EVERYTHING from the TB drive back to the now empty GB drive Got that TB now empty Backup of Win on the drive it was on originally Now to restore When I boot the Win DVD and try to restore my image it doesn't seem to acknowledge the TB drive though the Command Prompt sees it just fine When I try to do a Restore it finds my image but when I click start I get the error quot Recovery to the backup storage location is not allowed quot Clearly it's trying to restore to the same GB drive it was on originally which now contains my backup I tried swapping the cables to make the TB the slave since Win was on a quot Slave quot drive at the time of the backup I figured it must be trying to restore to the slave and the data drive Master but that too did not work I haven't tried it yet but my next step is to move the backup BACK to the TB drive and Restore to the GB I'm fairly certain this will work but it sure as heck means I went through a lot of trouble for nothing Can anyone tell me why I can't restore my backup to a new larger drive

A:HELP! "recovery to the backup storage location is not allowed"?

Your main problem is using a Linux disk, & moving the backup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/175453-help-recovery-backup-storage-location-not-allowed.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Good Software? File Ideas Any "My Pictures" Recovery morning all I have checked some of the other forums and topics and I havent found one where anyone has stated success with this Here is the deal somehow a user on my home system has deleted our quot My Pictures quot folder its not in the recycle bin either I am not exactly sure how long it has been gone possible a few weeks I am looking to recover the pictures that were in this folder So far I have tried quot Recuva quot which seems to recover every single web page button that I have ever looked at but nothing in the area of my actual pictures I have also tried quot Zero Assumption Recovery quot which claims to have found GB worth of pics however I previewed "My Pictures" File Recovery Software? Any Ideas a number of these and they all appear to be just web downloaded content and plus I dont have the hard drive space to recover all gigs to sort "My Pictures" File Recovery Software? Any Ideas through them all SOO has anyone had any luck in recovering pictures and if so is there any recommended software to use Any ideas will be greatly appreciated There are number of family photos that have been lost And for the record yes I backup however we are in the middle of unpacking from a move and my backups have yet to be discovered Thanks so much for any and all feedback email protected nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

hi
i install a friends laptop windows 7 ultimate.
before there was home premium but after installation we had an error mesage:
in a white screen with big fonts "can not open file C:\recovery.dat "

how can i solve this problem?

A:Installation error "can not open file C:\recovery.dat"

It is likely the Recovery Partition for the pre-installed OS (Home Premium?) is still there and causing issues.

Since Recovery is likely disabled anyway with a clean install, you should probably have wiped the HD before installing Ultimate.

However, if you want to post back a screenshot of your full Disk management drive map, we can help you remove the Recovery and any other problems while possibly preserving the current Ultimate install. This may require recovering critical boot files into Win7 but we can give you the steps to do this once we see the exact configuration.

Use the Snipping Tool in Start menu to capture Disk Mgmt, attach file using paper clip in Reply Box.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/72944-installation-error-can-not-open-file-c-recovery-dat.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094 here for which I have just made the system recovery disks. There are three system recovery disks and an additional disk called "Recovery Environment". This "Recovery Environment" is not included if you buy the system recovery DVDs from Toshiba and my little bit of Googling seems to take me to no explanation as to what the idea is behind this disk.

I suspect it is superfluous; but, what was the idea behind including it in the system recovery set in the first place?

A:Toshiba's "Recovery Environment" -- What was the idea behind this disk?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshibas-recovery-environment-what-was-the-idea-behind-this-disk.1119664/
Relevancy 44.29%

Ok, this is the first time that this has ever happened. I have an HP pavillion a340n. I tried recovering using the system recovery, but when I get to the Black screen where it has the windows xp logo that says " Please Wait " and then the computer reboots. I just made another partition using partition magic to backup my files. Would this have anything to do with it? I have 10 recovery cds and they did not work also. There has to be something wrong with the actual recovery partition. PLEASE HELP

Best regards

Marc Jacklitch

A:Read: Recovery "Please Wait" Screen Reboot!!

Anybody? I'm stumped?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/read-recovery-please-wait-screen-reboot.19909/
Relevancy 44.29%

Tried searching for the answer...my Lenovo x230 has a partitioned 13gb. It says you can recover this disk space if you create recovery media; however when I do that it says..."Windows 7 only allows one copy of the operating system." Anything that I can do? I actually don't even plan on recovering the space but just want a backup in case the partitioned drive fails.

A:Can't create recovery media "Windows 7 only allows one copy"

Hello.

Just create an image to use, have a look through the information in this tutorial at the link below for some additional ideas and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

Imaging with free Macrium

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248428-cant-create-recovery-media-windows-7-only-allows-one-copy.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hopefully I went about all the right procedures before posting this I have Windows Vista bit Just yesterday a program popped up doing a scan and of course showing lots of errors it VIRUS, "windows vista recovery" fake! looked like an authentic Windows Vista GUI but is fake I do have internet access -Desktop went black -all programs under Startup are gone as well VIRUS, "windows vista recovery" fake! as personal files Its almost as tho Windows Vista Trial edition expired but of course mine is authentic and registered I did run that DDS file as instructed to and attached the log files Hoping someone can spot something in there that I cannot see DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Kodak AiO Center ekdiscovery exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System spool drivers w x EKIJ MUI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil d exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Owner Desktop dds scr C Windows system WSCRIPT exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Unknown amp pf laptop mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Unknown amp pf laptop mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Unknown amp pf laptop uInternet Se... Read more

A:VIRUS, "windows vista recovery" fake!

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please download this file and run it.

If necessary, you can run it straight from a USB drive. You should see your files now.

I need to see a gmer log in order to help you. If you have trouble, let me know.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-windows-vista-recovery-fake-576297.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Here's some back story to my problem feel free to System Files"! on "Restoring Stuck Recovery skip this I've had issues lately where my laptop screen would turn black at random times The screen Stuck on System Recovery "Restoring Files"! just turns off and all I needed to do was hit the power button once wait and hit it again to get to the windows locked screen section I entered my password and I could continue with whatever I was doing More recently this fix has turned into a very short term solution and the screen turns off a few seconds after logging back in again I don't think it's a hardware problem because it can stay on the locked screen section without turning off At first I thought it was overheating so I used to turn it off and set it aside for a few moments and the problem resolved itself temporarily Note This happened a few months after I bought said laptop but wasn't able to send it for warranty since I was travelling abroad at the time It's been over one year now and the warranty has probably expired Earlier this week when I tried turning on the laptop it was stuck on the section where the windows logo should have appeared the loading screen I force powered off and tried again and it worked After a while that stopped working as well Now I can only get as far as the Start-up repair section I can't even go into safe-mode anymore The startup repair didn't help at all it said that it couldn't resolve the problem automatically so I decided to try a System Restore I think my computer has been stuck in the system restore for longer than it should be over three hours I can still see the progress bar moving by progress bar I don't mean one that shows the completed just one that moves from one end to the other and circles back to the front The action that's is progress currently is quot Restoring Files quot TL DR My laptop has been stuck in the system recovery process for almost three hours now The action that's is progress currently is quot Restoring Files quot I can still see the progress bar moving by progress bar I don't mean one that shows the completed just one that moves from one end to the other and circles back to the front I'm planning on leaving it overnight but if the issue isn't resolved would it be safe for me to power it off in the middle of the process I'm not too sure but I think I won't lose any of my personal files since the files being restored are system files right I'm also going to get someone to remove the hard drive from my laptop so I can keep all my data and have the laptop sent somewhere to get checked Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Stuck on System Recovery "Restoring Files"!

Update: It's been almost 6 hours now and it still says that it's "restoring files".

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/375358-stuck-system-recovery-restoring-files.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, I'm trying to do a complete recovery of my Windows 8.1 laptop (The "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" option). A few seconds after I try to initiate the recovery, I am stopped by a message that says:

"Some Media Files are Missing
Your Windows installation or recovery media will provide these files"

After this message appears I am prompted to cancel the restoration. How can I bypass this message to continue with the recovery? My laptop is 4 years old and is ready for a recovery.

My laptop was purchased running Windows 7 64bit, from which I upgraded to Win 8 64bit Pro through a free download from my school. I have my Win8 installation key, but not the download files. I upgraded to 8.1 through the Windows Store free download.

Acer Aspire 5742
Intel Core i5 2.53 GHz (original gen)
4.0 GB RAM

Thanks for any help!

A:Win 8.1 Recovery Erro: "Some Media Files Are Missing"

I have my Windows 8 installation key, but not the download files

Unfortunately, the installation files are exactly what you need. See if you can get them from a friend, or otherwise you may need to resort to google.

If you have a product key , you may be able to d/l 8,0 from MS , then go through the whole d/l 8.1 again as well. This time, select the option to install by creating media.

Maybe you could try the two setupbox workaround first as you have an 8.0 key.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37703-win-8-1-recovery-erro-some-media-files-missing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

hi peeps..i have a big problem and need advice
My Hard drive has "click of death" and my wife is ready to breath fire at me..
its got all my docs,files,memory's and such of kids,wedding,music,and my dam game saves....
I went to seagate for a quote and did the online quote thing..not much info is giving and they want around £600 to try and recover data...is there any where else that does data recovery thats safe and wont wipe the drive...im from uk and when i google it..pages and pages come up..but dont no who or where to trust..
Forgive the grammer,spelling and all that..and yes i no the old phrase..backup,backup and back up..
cheers peeps

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/hard-drive-recovery-quotclick-deathquot-4603121/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi First of all let me say that I understand written English but very poorly written and would like to apologize Is it possible not to have the partition quot recovery quot Because if you look at the two tutorials - UEFI "Recovery" GPT in Partition installation. UEFI for disk Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Install Windows with - Windows Forums - UEFI Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Install Windows with In the tutorial to install Windows in UEFI there is not that damn partition recovery while in the tutorial for Windows we can see it When I install Windows MBR mode I avoid this partition quot recovery quot by creating a partition with a name before installation I install the OS on it and everything is fine "Recovery" Partition in GPT disk for UEFI installation. no partition quot recovery quot But here since one must delete all partitions is there a solution If I create a GPT disk with a partitioning tool before installing is that it might be appropriate Tomorrow I get a DVD OEM of Windows and so far I've never installed UEFI I would avoid the nonsense Thank you for your answers

A:"Recovery" Partition in GPT disk for UEFI installation.

Welcome to the forums. Someone will help out on your question soon, I think. I am not fluent enough (yet ) with UEFI/GPT to help out.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19054-recovery-partition-gpt-disk-uefi-installation.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Not sure if it's Lenovos only but trying to migrate Windows OEM to an SSD has been a huge pain in the ass This process should not be as difficult as Lenovo Microsoft has made it I purchased a Y along with a G SSD I'd like to clean install Windows onto the SSD I HDD Disks, Recovery media" to bootable System "No SSD with did not want to copy image I went through forums for hours trying to put a recovery system on a usb with no luck even with the instructions given by a Lenovo moderator on HDD to SSD with System Recovery Disks, "No bootable media" their website I kept getting quot missing partition drive quot I broke HDD to SSD with System Recovery Disks, "No bootable media" down and paid Lenovo the ridiculous quot shipping charge quot of for the recovery disks These are my steps so far My SSD is installed and I removed the HDD until WIN was installed I'd then format it Put Disk into the optical drive Disk states it's the format sequence and starting point for restore Win actually on disk I believe Pressed the quot Novo quot button on the left side of the machine gives options HDD to SSD with System Recovery Disks, "No bootable media" of Normal Startup BIOS Setup Boot Manager and System Recovery FYI - Boot Manager lists Windows Boot Manager and EFI volumes when HDD is plugged in just the EFI's when uninstalled System Recovery only works with the HDD installed and it's Lenovo's One Key Recovery which just restores to a restoration point Went into BIOS setup Tabbed over to quot Security quot Disabled the quot Secure Boot quot Tabbed over to quot Boot quot Changed the Boot Mode to quot Legacy Support quot Changed Boot Priority to quot Legacy First quot Saved then exited Pressed the quot Novo quot button once more went into BIOS setup Tabbed back to quot Boot quot Boot device priority was now displayed with SATA ODD SSD and Network Boot I reordered to boot from SATA ODD Saved and exited Upon restart I pressed F select boot device and chose the SATA ODD It went into a DOS looking screen and gives quot No Bootable Device - Insert boot disk and press a key quot I've also tried variations of the above procedures for a few hours with no luck Not sure what I'm missing but any help you can provide is appreciated I refuse to pay Lenovo another to help me I'm done being nickle'd and dime'd by them Several posts that I've read have quot CSM quot options which I do not have so I included a few screenshots of my BIOS options for convenience I have not tried to boot from quot Lenovo Recovery System quot which is only available with the HDD installed I figured it would default to the HDD and not let me chose to install onto SSD Thanks

A:HDD to SSD with System Recovery Disks, "No bootable media"

Went into BIOS setup
Tabbed over to "Security"
Disabled the "Secure Boot"
Tabbed over to "Boot"
Changed the Boot Mode to "Legacy Support"
Changed Boot Priority to "Legacy First"
Saved then exited.

Doing the above would make Lenovo Pre-installed Windows 8 unbootable.

How to clone your HDD drive to a SSD drive.
How to Migrate OS to new Hard disk.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/27020-hdd-ssd-system-recovery-disks-no-bootable-media.html
Relevancy 44.29%

what my recovery partition contains am I missing a file I copied the recovery partition over to another block of unallocated space since it was in the way of a partition I wanted to merge with my Windows partition After doing that Disk Management displayed quot Primary Partition quot instead of quot Recovery Partition quot How do I get it to show quot Recovery Partition quot I re-registered WindowsRE using reagentc setreimage I even obtained new files for WinRE from the install wim in my ESD folder used MB on the dot and I tried this diskpart script Code rem HideRecoveryPartitions-UEFI txt select disk select partition remove set id de bba - d - d -a a-bfd d ac gpt attributes x It still displays quot Primary Partition quot All I want is for Disk Management to identify the partition as the Recovery Partition Also what is the default PBRImage Location the one that uses install wim not winre wim for Windows I'm currently using a custom one but I'm curious of the default one

A:How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management?

So despite my computer being able to boot into a UEFI-environment, I had to use a BIOS-environment script to get the desired result.

Code:
rem == HideRecoveryPartitions-BIOS.txt
select disk 0
select partition 3
set id=27
remove
list volume
exit

This topic can now be locked (although I am still curious about the default PBRImage location, as mentioned previously--so if anyone knows that, please post :3).

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/63694-how-do-i-show-recovery-partition-disk-management.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Yesterday my daughter was on her Acer Asprire laptop with Windows Vista when we had a brief power outage Following that she received a continual quot windows error recovery quot message Launching the repair mode suggested on the screen continually brings it to a blank black screen sometimes with a cursor sometimes not or sometimes a blank blue windows log in message "windows Continual recovery" error screen with a cursor Attempting to log onto any quot safe mode quot just brings it immediately back to the quot windows error recovery quot screen The only change is if I use the quot disable automatic restart quot mode which then brings me to the blue screen of death quot with the code I cannot log into anything other than those screens There was no disc that came with the computer that I have read to use when this happens On the microsoft website there was a quot hotifx quot download for the error listed but I dont Continual "windows error recovery" message know if I should download that and use it I am really a computer dummy so any detailed step by step info you can give me along with what discs or downloads to use and how to do it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

A customer picked up the Windows Vista Recovery virus and I could use some help with the removal procedure. I'm currently scanning with a newly created Norton Internet Security bootable CD. The scan takes a while and I don't know yet if it will fully detect and remove the problem. In case you're not familiar with it the virus blocks access to anti-malware apps, hides user data files and is active in SAFE mode. I can't find a way to get to the usual load points, such as "appdata" etc, to see find the virus EXE. I have booted with a rescue CD, but access to folders in the user profile is denied. Is there a removal FAQ for this one? TIA.

A:"Windows Vista Recovery" malware removal

See if the manual removal instructions here, will help Windows Vista Recovery and Windows 7 Recovery - Virus Solution and Removal

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/163750-windows-vista-recovery-malware-removal.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I ran across a similiar thread with this same issue but the hijackthis log was different than mine obviously I m stuck with a white screen labeled Active Desktop Recovery and it won t let me disable this I ve gone into Desktop properties - Customize Desktop and there s no web tab available - and in fact all of the wallpapers listed are grayed out and not selectable I can t even browse for one Something is definitely locked down here Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program error" Recovery "unexpected Desktop Active Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Active Desktop Recovery "unexpected error" Files Active Desktop Recovery "unexpected error" Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant hnm svc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant ezi hnm exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/active-desktop-recovery-unexpected-error.911835/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Everyone I am new to this forum I have been browsing it for about a week I currently have SUPERAntispyware Windows Defender and Norton Anti-virus installed on my computer I had some virus spyware adware issues that I managed mostly to remove thanks to the help of this forum The last issue I had was the Bio-Hazard on my desktop plus the Ultimate Defender I believe that those are taken care of and SAS is scanning as I type I have downloaded and ran HJTLog I will post a copy of that log Any help that I can Desktop wallpaper White with "Active Recovery" get would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared White wallpaper with "Active Desktop Recovery" SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C PROGRA VIRTUA SMARTB SprintDSLAlert exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin m SrchMn exe C Program Files Embarq TotalAccess FastLane IPMon exe C Program Files Embarq TotalAccess FastLane IPClient exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop Weather DesktopWeather exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin m IMPipe exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files ZyDAS Technology Corporation ZyDAS g Utility ZDWlan exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C PROGRA NETSCAPE NETSCA NETSCAPE EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http start earthlink net AL Search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explo... Read more

A:White wallpaper with "Active Desktop Recovery"

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-wallpaper-with-active-desktop-recovery.616700/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to recover and re-install XP to a netbook, and the recovery USB started normally, but then stopped with a message "Error Recovery Image Missing - Please Restart and Try Again"

I have restarted several times and it does not get past this point.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thank you

A:What does "Error Recovery Image Missing" and can this be resolved?

Sounds like the USB Recovery Image is not being recognized or the files you installed to the USB drive are missing or damaged.

Can you start the netbook?

Start>All Programs>Recovery Backup.
If all else fails - a USB Dvd drive can be used to install Xp - if you have the install Cd.

UKT Support - Advent 4213 Netbook
http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/laptop/4213.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-does-error-recovery-image-missing-and-can-this-be-resolved.1026532/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Dell machine here with the system recovery stored on the hard disk? You access it by pressing Ctrl+F11 when the blue Dell band appears across the top of the screen just after POST.

Let's say I install Acronis TrueImage and Acronis Secure Zone (press F11 for Acronis Recovery). Think that will destroy access to Dell's "Press Ctrl+F11" for system recovery?

A:Acronis TrueImage Secure Zone backup destroy Dell's "Press Ctrl+F11" system recovery?

IMHO, you are better served bt depending on one recovery program or another.

I have Acronis TI instaled on my machine and use it exclusively. XP's System Restore is disabled and I have no othet backup/recovery programs actrive. Just my way of doing it and so far so good. I'm sure others will have differing opinoins.

Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acronis-trueimage-secure-zone-backup-destroy-dells-press-ctrl-f11-system-recovery.726424/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a quick question about the quot System Recovery quot Gateway/Emachine Recovery" "System partition on Emachine Gateway computers with WinXP Gateway/Emachine "System Recovery" Home I'd like to do the non-destructive Windows reinstallation but I'm a little nervous about setting up internet and network connections again such a pain in the butt If you do a non-destructive Windows reinstallation using the quot system recovery quot program on the partition and you decide that you want to go back even if just temporarily can you use F and select quot last known good configuration quot to return it to pre-reinstallation condition If not can you use a disc image program like Acronis quot True Image quot to write a disc image to an external hard drive and use that disc image to return the drive back to it's original state Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've never done either reinstallation or disc image before Also for what it's worth if anyone has any experience with the Gateway Emachine quot System Recovery quot program I have a question about the process itself In non-destructive mode does the program actually do anything other than taking the root directory and tree putting it in a folder called quot my backup quot reinstalling windows and then moving the root directory back ie if I copied everything in the root directory except for the Windows folder then reformatted the disk and reinstalled windows and then recopied the folders in the root directory back to the hard drive would I essentially be doing the same thing thanks for your help - Scott

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gateway-emachine-system-recovery-204606.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I was looking thru my registry to see if there was a way to make sure that certain Icons DO NOT reappear in my systray, (I tried setting them to "always hide" but they don't listen) when I noticed that there is no know last good recovery, which might explain why I can't do AND recoveries. Any ideas on the registry changes I need?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-last-known-good-recovery-listed-in-the-registry.540906/
Relevancy 43.86%

So what can a person do when Recovery partition "D" is deleted on Windows Vista? Is that the end? There must be a way to handle it.

Since the PC is still running okay, can I create my own restore files?

Or since they all com e from the factory the same way, can I download one?

I need some really help on this one

A:Recovery partition "D" erased by accident. What to do?

I would download and use macrium reflect to save on a separate hard drive. It is the best way, in any case.
Files can be saved separately or as an image of the hard drive, using the above.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/284294-recovery-partition-d-erased-accident-what-do.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey everyone I am having a problem with a Windows Nothing?! Does in Missing, hal.dll Recovery Console Pressing "R" XP machine I have One time I tried starting it up and I randomly get this error message Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt hal.dll Missing, Pressing "R" in Recovery Console Does Nothing?! lt Windows root gt system hal hal.dll Missing, Pressing "R" in Recovery Console Does Nothing?! dll Please re-install a copy of the above file Well I looked it up on Google and found a solution at http pcsupport about com od fixtheproblem ht restorehaldll htm So I go ahead and follow that process So all the drivers load up and I am asked if I want to Continue press Enter Windows Recovery press R or Quit press F I want to get into the Windows Recovery Console so I press quot R quot hal.dll Missing, Pressing "R" in Recovery Console Does Nothing?! Nothing happens Then I try pressing Enter Nothing happens Then just for kicks I try pressing F Still nothing I have tried multiple keyboards It s not like the keyboard is off either The quot Num Lock quot greenlight is still lit and if I press a key it still makes quot beep quot sound Any ideas This is really bugging me nbsp

A:hal.dll Missing, Pressing "R" in Recovery Console Does Nothing?!

Is it a USB keyboard or a PS/2 keyboard (a round plug)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hal-dll-missing-pressing-r-in-recovery-console-does-nothing.857517/
Relevancy 43.86%

in attemp to delete a folder in one of my most important folder containing needed information, i end up mistakenly deleting the main folder contain needed informations with the use of Shift+Del button, how can i recover it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-of-deleted-folder-using-shift-del.705295/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all,

Last week my Windows (XP Pro SP2, legit. install etc.) stoped working. When I try to boot it says that Windows canno't start because of a file found in SYSTEM32/CONFIG/SYSTEM or something like that.

After reading plenty at Microsoft FAQ, and because I don't have my install disc anymore, I decided I should give a try for the Recovery Console.

So I got an original WinXP Home disc from a friend of mine (don't worry, i'm just using it to get access to the Recovery Console, I have my own licence), and started Recovery Console.

The problem is that every command I write I get "Access Denied".
What's the problem damnit and how I fix it?

Best regards,
Roi.

Relevancy 43.86%

I am in of a "Free Back/Recovery Program" that is so EASY as pie to understand. I want to backup my pc and also be able to restore and all of this has to be easy for me to run it. I will be backing up onto my external harddrive.
I have tried Acronis True Image and to hard to recover back my partitions and etc...

Many thanks & God Bless

Relevancy 43.86%

I have an HP Pavilion Desktop system here. Someone installed an off-the-shelf Windows XP Pro Upgrade which destroyed access to the System Recovery in Windows and the one that is supposed to work by pressing F10.

Pressing F10 now does nothing.

All HP offers is to ship us new recovery disks; but, it needs to be up and running on Wednesday (June 3, 2009).

I had this same problem with a Dell recently and I found a third-party boot sector fix for it; but, I cannot find a similar fix for the HP.

Anyone know where I might find something that will allow me access to the System Recovery partition?

Relevancy 43.86%

I'm trying to follow the steps here , but I keep getting "Access is denied" as soon as I try the first copy step. Any help? Thanks in advance.

A:"access is denied" in MS recovery console

You might have to remove the hard drive from this computer and install it in another computer as a slave drive and after it is able to be accessed by Windows on that computer you will have to manually backup all of your important data that you have to another media like CD-R's, DVD or Thumb drive. Then when this is done return it to the original computer as a master drive on the primary IDE cable and do the following:

REGISTRY WARNING: The details that follow require an above-average understanding of the technical topics involved. If you do not understand the Registry material presented here, either find a technically-knowledgeable friend or do not attempt to repair your system Registry yourself. Improper changes in the System Registry can render all data on your hard disk inaccessible.

I hope you have the Windows software for this machine. Please give this a try and print it out for reference

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install = http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Here is a link to a registry backup program that is absolutely fantastic it is called ERUNT

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

Remember to always keep a backup of two things:

Your registry and your data. You will never be sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-is-denied-in-ms-recovery-console.511221/
Relevancy 43.86%

F8 ----> not Show "Automatic Recovery Mode" and show ...

Shift+F8 ----> not Work

A:not Show "Automatic Recovery Mode"

Welcome to EightForums.

Boot from DVD & go to
Startup Options Menu - Boot to in Windows 8

You will find a option for SAFE MODE.

Safe Mode - Start Windows 8 in

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13740-not-show-automatic-recovery-mode.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have 2 drives with the same error message, both have data on them that I must try to recover ASAP. I will post 2 separate threads so as to not confuse the issues even more... This is problem drive #1

FYI:I recently purchased this item to get data from my husbands laptop:
"Rosewill SATA or IDE 3-in-1 to USB2.0 Cable Converter Adapter."

My drive must have failed, as the error message states:
"This disk in drive D is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

Is there good free software to help me recover the data or should I purchase something?

A:[SOLVED] Need help with Data Recovery (Drive "D") #1

Is the drive properly detected in Device Manager? Also go to disk management and see what it says (click start, run, then type diskmgmt.msc). Don't format or partition, just read what it says.
There's also the possibility of a corrupt partition table or something like that. Try testdisk. There's a thread on using it here
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f16/...er-194492.html
You want to use it to check if everything is all right. Don't make any changes if what it reports seems inconsistent with what you know about the drive (For example if you know it's a 500GB drive and it reports 200, do you want to apply changes? say no). Also browse around to see if your files are still there and intact.

One last thought I was wondering was - what service pack do you have on your current XP? XP with no service pack will not recognize drives over 128GB (possibly what the drive in the enclosed USB case is). Very unlikely scenario that you have XP without any service pack, but just checking anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-need-help-with-data-recovery-drive-and-quot-d-and-quot-1-a-318248.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi:

Will Win10 automatically "optimize" my SSD "Recovery" drive on schedule?

I have reviewed this excellent tutorial (Optimize Drives Schedule Settings - Change in Windows 10)
The System Drive and Data Drive are being automatically optimized (TRIM for the SSD and defrag for the HDD) on schedule.
And I have checked the settings to verify that the "WINRETools" partition on this OEM box is checked to be included.

However, my screen shot looks very much like the one in the tutorial, showing that the "WINRETools" partition "needs optimization" but is not being optimized on schedule.

1) Is that because the recovery partition is "hidden"?
2) Is there a way to manually optimize it?
3) Or should I leave it be?

TIA again,

MM

A:Optimize OEM "Recovery" Partition on Schedule?

The partition never gets written to after it is initially created. Optimization on an SSD (also known as Trim) only affects the efficiency of writing to it, but does not affect reading from it. That is why it isn't needed to be performed on the recovery partition.

There are two steps required for a cell location to be written to on an SSD. First the cell must be marked as obsolete (I don't know what the technical term is) when the data stored there is no longer required (such as when you delete or change a file). In order to save time during the process of deleting or changing a file, that is all that occurs initially. The second step is that the cell must actually be reset before it can be written to. Think of it as the difference between leaving a hotel room and preparing the hotel room for the next guest. The Trim function goes through and resets all the cells marked as obsolete so that they are immediately ready to receive new data.

When you change the contents of a file on an SSD, the parts that are changed are actually written to new cells, and the old data is marked as obsolete. It is more efficient to just let those old cells build up and reset them all at once than it is to reset them one at time when they need to be written to.

Since the recovery partition is not going to be written to very often (if ever after it is created), there is no need to reset the cells that might be marked as obsolete.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/56959-optimize-oem-recovery-partition-schedule.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Guys. I need your help. I forgot to unhide my folder i my drive D when I reformatted my drive C. I was using the FREE HIDE FOLDER program. Now I can't seem to find that folder even if I reinstalled the program. Any idea how I can make it "appear" again? I tried searching for it and even used a file recovery program but no success. I know the folder is still in my drive since the storage capacity it occupies can still be seen when I click properties on the drive. It's just hidden. Any Ideas please? Thanks.

A:"lost" hidden files recovery

So you just need to find a hidden folder?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-hidden-files-recovery-397075.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Greetings all I "D" the How delete partition? recovery console the and/or can I accidentally saved data to the quot D quot partition on my hard drive the How can I delete the recovery console and/or the "D" partition? designated recovery console and now it's full Now each time I boot up the computer there is an indicator in the toolbar that says quot disk space low on disk D quot I have a recovery CD so I don't really need the recovery console on my hard drive if Windows crashes I'll just boot it up How can I delete the recovery console and/or the "D" partition? off the CD Right now I want to eliminate this toolbar warning on start up Someone correct me if I'm wrong but How can I delete the recovery console and/or the "D" partition? I believe deleting the overcapacity area is the best option If anyone could give me some assistance on how to eliminate the quot D quot partition I'd appreciate it Thank you in advance - Joyce PS It gives me options for quot disk clean up quot but it wants me to delete programs and files that are saved on the quot C quot partition so Vista's tool is little help

A:How can I delete the recovery console and/or the "D" partition?

Hi Joyce. . .

Welcome to the Tech Support Forum - Vista Support!

If you are the one that saved the data then you should be able to go into drive d: and delete those items. If the free space suddenly disappeared, it may be due to an incorrect setting in Windows System Restore.

Have you tried to access drive d: in Windows Explorer?

Also, please make sure that drive d: is not being backed up by System Restore (drive d: should not be checked). Here are instructions and a screen shot:

START | type rstrui.exe in the Start Search box | right-click on rstrui.exe when it appears up top | select Run as Administrator | proceed through the screens - "Create a Restore Point".

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-delete-the-recovery-console-and-or-the-d-partition-240757.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Dell laptop Restore and 0x400110020000100A" "error 8.1 Recovery: Win is new half a year old and in optimal condition Tried the F Diagnostics and all my hardware are fine it s just a problem in my OS Win 8.1 Restore and Recovery: "error 0x400110020000100A" I tried for the Dell Technical Support but gives me quot We are unable to verify the service attached to the Service Tag or Express Service Code you have entered Please verify your entry If you recently purchased a system please try again in hours or contact us by phone quot Is the above statement is because I m using my desktop not my dell laptop for asking technical support Ironically my laptop is not functional at the moment so I can t use it I wanted to try the phone but due to circumstances unable Origin of the Problem system image restore failed mid way which ruined my OS Win quot the system image restore failed Error details The volume does not contain a recognized file system Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not Win 8.1 Restore and Recovery: "error 0x400110020000100A" corrupted x ED quot Problem Dell laptop can t get past start-up and goes on quot Attempting repairs quot for a long time without success afterwards it says quot Automatic Repair couldn t repair your PC quot which gives me only two choices to either shutdown or use advanced options I tried all the advanced options below MULTIPLE TIMES Tried turning if off and on hoping that automatic repairs might Win 8.1 Restore and Recovery: "error 0x400110020000100A" work Used a external recovery device I had a bootable USB Factory Image Backup and A DVD with Apps and Drivers Backup showing error x A everytime Tried System Image Recovery but also shows error x A Tried System Restore but say s no restore point have been created I think the previous mid way failure of the system image nbsp restore attempt corrupted drive C OS Please can an expert help me in this I browsed the net and this forum and found that I can order Ask for a windows OEM re-installation DVD is that possible I m confused with the complexity or which one is the official and up-to-date method of gaining the DVD installer Thanks in advance for any help

A:Win 8.1 Restore and Recovery: "error 0x400110020000100A"

Hi,
Please send a private message with the computer's service tag.
To send a private message, click on my name and click start conversation.
Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19642030
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

Currently I am getting the "windows error recovery" screen when I restart or power on. My laptop runs fine after that. It always like that. I tried windows repair but it doesn't fix anything. I tried to use "Use original boot configuration", the message screen is still there. I am just wondering what causes the computer displaying that screen? Please help me to fix it.

Best regards!
Vfyq

A:"windows error recovery" screen

Try in safe mode, still have the problem? Report back
Safe Mode

Try an sfc command
System Files - SFC Command
Run three times if errors are found.

If that does not fix it, try a repair install.
Repair Install For Vista[11]=Performance Maintenance

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287340-windows-error-recovery-screen.html