Windows Support Forum

Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Q: Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Alright I ll make it short but informative I can t connect cable able internet Only via to ethernet to connect to the internet without an ethernet cable I have tried pressing the laptop s quot WiFi quot button but nothing has happened The light didn t even change I have tried Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable rebooting and going into BIOS to see Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable if there was on option there nothing I Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable have tried going into Device Manager and under quot Network Cards quot I got options I believe I had options though now I have only first I tried to deactivate it and the reactivate it but that just made it not work at all and when I got home and got my connection back I tried to update the drivers which is when I noticed I only had because I was at school when all showed up so I didn t have connection to update them but it just said that they were all up to date I have tried using the windows recovering tool to go back before the problem occurred Though I did get an error the first time due to my AVG being up so it couldn t complete but after that I tried doing it again with AVG off but the situation didn t change and I know the problem isn t with the router as the problem occurs with different WiFi s In the beginning it would only say quot can t connect to the internet quot over and over again but now it won t even show the available WiFi networks in the area Any help is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Any suggestions at all? if you require more information in order to come up with a solution, just tell me what you need an ill try my best to figure it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.212310/
Relevancy 87.29%

Last week i decided to move my computers (2). Internet was working fine before i did this. After I moved them I havent been able to connect except for a usb cable. Both computers are using the Windows Vista home premium 32 bit. Before all of this happened I had 2 computers and an Xbox 360 all connected. I have tried everything I can think of and none of it worked. I have charter cable internet and they were able to get on the internet fine using the ethernet cable. when i go to ipconfig/all it gives me a 169.254.216.245 IP address. I have read several places where people have been having problems with this but all the suggestions for them nothing worked for me! Please help

A:Cannot connect to internet using Ethernet Cable but can connect with USB cable

Do you connect via a modem or a router. Did you try the release/renew options when you were in ipconfig ?
If you use a router check it to see if it's still giving out IP's automatically.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/239670-cannot-connect-internet-using-ethernet-cable-but-can-connect-usb-cable.html
Relevancy 86%

I know the Ethernet cable does have a valid internet connection because i get it on my lap top. When I go under internet connections I can see that I am connected to it but it doesn't do anything. I also have a wireless internet that i can connect to but it is not that good. Anyone know how i can make it so my Ethernet cable will actually work?

A:Can not connect to internet Via ethernet cable

start > run > type in cmd and hit enter

enter the command

Code:
ipconfig/all
post the results

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-not-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable-407761.html
Relevancy 86%

For some reason, i cannot connect to the internet using my current ethernet cable. I am 100% positive that adapter is working fine, as i had maintenance come into my room and check it out, but my computer won't connect to their internet through my cable

Attached is a picture of my device manager, but even through that, it appears that nothing is wrong.

My specs are:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 6055 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1260 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 262143 MB, Free - 199514 MB; D: Total - 322732 MB, Free - 322631 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., K53SV
Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 86%

I have windows 7... I am connected to a network. However it say no internet access. I am in a dorm room with 2 others why can i not connect to the internet through my ethernet cable?

A:Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

Need ALOT more information, without more info in my professional opinion the magic unicorn is the cause for ethernet cable troubles.

What are you attempting to connect to (Modem, Router, direct to the wall, another computer)
Did you make the cable your self or did you purchase?
Were you told you have to set a static IP, or it uses a DHCP, or you don't know?
Do the 2 other people have internet access?
Have you tried to kick it yet?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-internet-through-ethernet-cable-472833.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi I know this is a recurring problem and I ve scoured the forums for a solution but everything I ve tried so far hasn t worked Just got a new modem and it works fine while connected through an ethernet cord but I can t connect wirelessly My network doesn t even show up in the list of available networks I m using Vista by the way I ve downloaded all drivers that seemed to have something to do with my problem I ve done ipconfig all Can't cable to connect without ethernet internet and these are Can't connect to internet without ethernet cable the results Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Gabrielle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gabrielle-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -D -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - E- - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I m at a loss Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Can't connect to internet without ethernet cable

You have a public IP address there, implying that your modem is just that, or if it is a modem/wireless router combo it is bridged (to act as modem only).

What is the brand and model of your modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-without-ethernet-cable.1060716/
Relevancy 86%

I cant connect to internet with ethernet cable it doesnt even show my cable is plugged in. The cable is okey i tried other computer and i got in internet with it.

if i restart my computer it comes back for like 5 -10 mins then it disappears again shows that the cable isnt plugged in and if i disable and enable the adapter it comes back again for 5 min. please help

A:Cant connect to internet with ethernet cable.

Hey hawkin,

Try to update the drivers for your LAN card. Or, if possible get an external card and plug the cable in that and check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315345-cant-connect-internet-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 86%

Hey everyone, got an issue that's stumping me.

I bought a new computer here at work, and am having issues getting the ethernet port to work. I know the port itself works because it worked on Windows 7 when I first got the computer, but when I got it, I immediately did a clean install of Windows 8.1(media that came with the computer so I know it's compatible). Since I've installed Windows 8.1, it hasn't worked.

Things I've tried:
-Disabling the ethernet adapter and re-enabling it.
-Uninstalling the ethernet driver and restarting the computer to have it installed again.
-Unplugging and re-plugging in the switch, router, and modem.
-Tried cable on a different computer to make sure it wasn't my cable or port.
-Tried a different cable with my current computer.

I don't know what else to do.

I get this error:

I've tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew, and it doesn't change a thing.

A:Internet won't connect with ethernet cable.

In elevated command:

Code:
ipconfig/all
Post output

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362457-internet-wont-connect-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 86%

I have an Acer desktop with Windows 7, and a couple of days ago I stopped being able to connect to the internet through the ethernet port. I am certain that the problem is not with the modem or the ISP, because I can plug in my laptop with an ethernet cable and it connects normally, plus I am able to connect any number of devices (including my desktop!) through wifi on the same modem. What can I do to fix this?

Relevancy 86%

I have a room (no wifi) and the room only have an Ethernet Cable that supply the internet to my PC.

Q1 How can I split the internet to another PC?

Q2 Is it possible have wifi? If yes how to setup?

Thanks

A:How to connect to internet for more than one PC with one ethernet cable

Hello skytech,

You can "split the Internet" using a wireless router (which will also give you Wifi -- see below), or you can use a switch to allow more physical connections.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is possible to setup Wifi with a wireless router.

You connect [what I assume you have] your modem to the wireless router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-to-internet-for-more-than-one-pc-with-one-ethernet-cable.1132171/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi i have just joined so new to this. I have just joined TalkTalk and managed to get on the internet only with the Ethernet cable. I'm on windows 7 64bit system, not sure what model the router is. I have tried troubleshooting, restarting, followed instructions but nothing works, i would be sooo happy if you could help

Relevancy 85.14%

First hello all..
I'm using Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Before vista i was using windows 7..
When using windows 7 i wasnt have any problem with connecting internet via wireless or ethernet cable..
As i said I'm using using vista service pack 2 and i cant connect internet with ethernet cable..
But with using wireless i can connect internet as well..
I tried the same ethernet cable with different computer with same modem..
And it works..
I think the problem is vista..
So anyone can help me with this problem?
I have serached about this problem before but there is wasnt any solution..
Please help me guys..
Thanks all..

Relevancy 85.14%

my year old Dell Studio laptop connects fine via wireless to home router and internet but I cannot connect through the ethernet cable I've done the troubleshooting disabled enabled the network adapter updated the drivers I'm using an ethernet cable which normally connects an XP so I know the cable's fine Device Manager says the Realtek PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller is working properly I found the Receive Side Scaling value Enabled so I Disabled that Shut off radio for wireless to I ethernet laptop through internet cable? connect How the do Centrino adapter Disabled wireless adapter too Restarted not only the laptop but also did a shutdown How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable? then restart of the entire FIOS with Asus Access Point home network with all devices shut How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable? down Checked BIOS setting didn't see any setting Disabled that appeared like the ethernet controller Can't do system restore I did a Repair installation of windows Home Premium last week but even before then the System Restore failed every time I've never been successful at getting a system restore to work on any XP or pc I've tried it on even though it's enabled and purports to work The laptop had been connected primarily maybe even exclusively via the wireless for years so I quot m not even sure the ethernet has ever been connected before I'd hate to buy a new ethernet controller card if i don't have to only to have the problem be software Any ideas thanks

A:How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable?

I'd say, inspect the ethernet port on the laptop for bent contact pins. Just for grins and giggles, try another cable. Try attaching the laptop to ANY other network via ethernet cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305552-how-do-i-connect-laptop-internet-through-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a small problem To Cable? Please To Via Internet Xp Me Tell How Windows Connect Lan/ethernet Pro with Windows XP Pro I need to know why can Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? t it detect Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? my LAN Ethernet cable anymore Would any of you please tell me how to make it instantly connect to the internet without me having to type in my IP address or static-address amp ect in the quot Network Connections quot section of my WinXP Control Panel Background story Recently I got a used-laptop Dell Inspiron which was pre-installed with Windows XP When I plugged my ethernet cord to the back of the computer Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? for the st time it would immediately detected the internet got connected to the internet right away Special Note Of course it was originally set-up to detect the ethernet LAN line cord whenever someone connected the LAN-line Ethernet cord to the back of the computer It detected all of the drivers which are installed on the computer until re-installed Windows on it Ever since I re-installed Windows XP SP on that computer it won t connect to the internet via Mozilla or whatever else I use as a browser It won t let me access the internet even with the ethernet card cable cord connected to it My internet-connection was lost as soon as I re-installed Windows XP Please tell me how to make my Laptop computer instantly detect the ethernet card or drivers like it did before I wiped it s memory amp re-installed XP on it Thanks in advance for your time amp help

A:Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable?

When you reinstalled Windows did you install all the hardware drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172323/please-tell-me-how-to-connect-to-internet-windows-xp-pro-via-lanethernet-cable/
Relevancy 85.14%

Last year this acer laptop was being used to at my mums with no problems with wireless internet I then borrowed it from my mum for about a through can only ethernet to to cable internet superhub connect year it was set up in my flat with no issues my mum wanted the laptop back so i took it down to my mums but can only connect to internet through ethernet cable to superhub it wouldnt work unless ethernet cable was attached to superhub even though it states that we have a strong internet connection It doesnt let me browse basically i then phoned virgin and they werent able to resolve problem they said that its not a problem at can only connect to internet through ethernet cable to superhub there end it is a problem with wireless adapter and would have to contact manufacturer iam really not convinced by this and and would appreciate any help that can be offered i am not the most computer literate person and dont have a clue where to begin with this after reading different forums i tried typing cmd into run and from results from this ive copied and pasted these results dont know if this helps Error unrecognized or incomplete command line USAGE ipconfig allcompartments all renew adapter release adapter renew adapter release adapter flushdns displaydns registerdns showclassid adapter setclassid adapter classid where adapter Connection name wildcard characters and allowed see examples Options Display this help message all Display full configuration information allcompartments Display information for all compartments release Release the IPv address for the specified adapter release Release the IPv address for the specified adapter renew Renew the IPv address for the specified adapter renew Renew the IPv address for the specified adapter flushdns Purges the DNS Resolver cache registerdns Refreshes all DHCP leases and re-registers DNS names displaydns Display the contents of the DNS Resolver Cache showclassid Displays all the dhcp class IDs allowed for adapter setclassid Modifies the dhcp class id The default is to display only the IP address subnet mask and default gateway for each adapter bound to TCP IP For Release and Renew if no adapter name is specified then the IP address leases for all adapters bound to TCP IP will be released or renewed For Setclassid if no ClassId is specified then the ClassId is removed Examples gt ipconfig Show information gt ipconfig all Show detailed information gt ipconfig renew renew all adapters gt ipconfig renew EL renew any connection that has its name starting with EL gt ipconfig release Con release all matching connections eg quot Local Area Connection quot or quot Local Area Connection quot gt ipconfig allcompartments Show information about all compartments gt ipconfig allcompartments all Show detailed information about all compartments Can anyone help thanks

A:can only connect to internet through ethernet cable to superhub

Hi and welcome to TSF I have moved you to networking for further help the info you posted is incomplete please follow the instructions here Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues
post the info here and please include a screen shot of xirrus wifi inspector this will allow the folks here more info, with which they can try to assist you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/can-only-connect-to-internet-through-ethernet-cable-to-superhub-759473.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi I m trying to set up the new lads computer in our office and I m having a problem with the LAN Im connecting with an ethernet cable and keep getting connect Ethernet using to cable Unable internet to the Unable to connect to internet using Ethernet cable Limited or no connectivity message whilst i m not a computer genius I ve followed a few steps on here so far but got no joy What I ve tried rebooting machine and router with all cables in swapping testing cable using both LAN ports on PC used alternative port on router Ran winsockxpfix flushed dns release dns checked that the relevant services are started in control panel gt services this is what i get when i type ipconfig all which means not much to me Microsoft Windows XP Version copy Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Chris Harrison gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Harry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel reg PRO GT Desktop Adapter Physical Address - E- C-C - E- F Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg DM Gigabit Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - C- D- B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Thats about the limit of what I can find to try so any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Unable to connect to internet using Ethernet cable

<<Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.223.161>>

Have a look at the following, please: http://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-DHCP-Network-Settings-on-Windows-XP .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478179/unable-to-connect-to-internet-using-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 85.14%

I cannot connect to the internet with my ethernet cable. The signal is broadcasting fine from my router, so I can connect with my wireless card, but I would rather do it directly with the ethernet. My computer fails to recognize any cable I put in and it says it's missing the driver. Windows can't seem to find my ethernet controller driver either. Thoughts?

A:Can't connect to the internet through ethernet cable. No driver?

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Please fill in your System Specs ..

The Link below will help you achieve this ..
System Info - See Your System Specs
Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345371-cant-connect-internet-through-ethernet-cable-no-driver.html
Relevancy 85.14%

hello Recently my uncle redid my other laptop to its original out-of-the-box state due to slowness Afterwards when my father plugged in the ethernet cable of Motorola s SBV SURFboard Cable Modem we use the optimum service into the computer the computer icon at the bottom right of the I internet connect ! S P E A H when work L cable even does not ethernet P E the L E screen indicated that the network was unidentified and has only local connections---therefore no internet On the laptop I m on right now the network is correctly recognized P L E A S E H E L P ! internet does not work even when I connect the ethernet cable and has both local AND internet connections Why is that I concluded that since the other laptop is quot redone quot then I must reinstall the installation cd of the modem and I did today All went well in the installation process until the near end where the cd automatically checked to see how the connection was btw the comp and modem It resulted with an error stating something like that invalid or something I forgot Thus my installation attempts of the modem on the other laptop failed I tried to reboot both the comp and modem but still failed I don t understand Why is there limited connectivity I don t even have perfect wireless connectivity I mean both of my laptops have the wireless capability and I can go around the house with the working one and find linkys with one bar of signal But I don t have the wireless modem or something that gives stable wireless connectivity to either of them---only the motorola modem that gives internet to only of the right now What should I do The solution shouldn t be too difficult I am quite young and did my best to solve this problem So I now await for the knowledge of you professionals to aid me thank you nbsp

A:P L E A S E H E L P ! internet does not work even when I connect the ethernet cable

You want to first establish a connection from the laptop to the Motorola modem, with the Linksys router out of the loop. Is the laptop running Windows Vista or XP? When you go to Network Connections or Network and Sharing Center, do you see a LAN?

If you are connecting via an ethernet cord to a cable modem, then you would not need to install any modem. The disk you have for your Motorola modem may be for installing USB drivers in case you were using a USB cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p-l-e-a-s-e-h-e-l-p-internet-does-not-work-even-when-i-connect-the-ethernet-cable.837566/
Relevancy 85.14%

So I have been unable to use the internet on my labtop for months I have another labtop that works fine and a ipod touch that connects through wireless that works fine I replaced the wireless card itself so I was able to rule that out Please help me getting it working again This is what i get when i run ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chad gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chad-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - B- - B-A - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ad df Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - B- - - -FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D -D D- - C - D C D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - connect ethernet or wireless cable. to Cant through internet - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C C - BA- CE- B- BFA br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D E- F C- D -A EC- A A C br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B FB C- B - A -A F -EBC br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE-A C- CC -AED -C D F br E D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DFEB -A - A -A C- br CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Cant connect to internet through wireless or ethernet cable. No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF D - E - E - - br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Hi, I recently got Fios installed in my home. I believe there is a box the size of a power box in the back room for the Internet.All my other devices (MAC, iPod, Blueray Player) are able to recieve instant and unbelieveable internet connection except for my Dell. I have a Studio XPS Dell computer with windows 7. I plugged in the ethernet cable in the back of my computer and into the "Fios Box" but i didn't recieve any internet. Then i bought a wireless adapter and I do get internet but it disconnects me like every 5 minutes.

A:Unable to connect to Internet via Ethernet Cable

Hello, and welcome to TSG forums.
You might try to update the driver for your network card.
When you go into device manager, are there any yellow (?) or(!) there?
VicksX

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.1023547/
Relevancy 84.28%

I've been having a problem for the last few weeks where my laptop wasn't recognizing my internet. When it stopped working I could see my connection through the network access, but it always failed to connect and the troubleshooter told me to restart my router. After trying a few times, shutting down and restarting my computer, doing a system restore, and a factory reset twice, I can connect to the internet through an Ethernet cable. However, now my laptop can't even see that any connections are available.

There are other computer in my house, all they all connect just fine. What should I do?

A:Laptop can't connect to the internet unless it's connected to an Ethernet cable

The laptops internal WIFI card has probably failed. You can get around it by using an external USB wifi adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cant-connect-to-the-internet-unless-its-connected-to-an-ethernet-cable.210264/
Relevancy 84.28%

For the past couple of years I have been fine with using my ethernet cable until now. I recently installed AVG and after I activated the AVG firewall it stopped windows firewall. I am still connected it says but I can't use any internet browser. Please help.

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi
My girlfriends parents have bought a new compaq laptop with windows 7. Connected up to the internet by cable & wireless no problem.
Yesterday couldn't do either and found it nearly impossible to get into the routers settings to check them. Kept saying limited access. I've tried various things to no avail.
Then I noticed that my iphone could connect to the router, so I ruled out a router problem.
I brought the laptop home and it wouldn't connect to our router, so I'm presuming it's a settings problem. But now I'm stuck!

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Mark

Relevancy 84.28%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 84.28%

So saturday, my friend and i build my computer. Everything worked just fine that day. Sunday i had no problem connecting to the internet. Sunday is also the day i set up a password for my admin account.

Now when i came back from work monday, i tried to log in to my computer. As it appears, i forgot my password... (same i use on everything, so i must have messed up inputting my pass)

So i did a windows reset, since i had no CD or USB to reset my pass.

I tried installing windows, and it appears 'this copy of windows is not genuine'. I thought, okay, no prob, as long as i have all options.

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi great site idea I m having a strange issue regarding internet Moved country Ireland to Australia PC had never caused any issues before and was connected to net via a wireless adapter Moved to Australia set up PC everything seems fine apart from not being able to connect to Internet Wireless - when I plug wireless adapter into usb port toolbar displays Monitor with red x so i double click and to view network list but my network isn t available but my neighbors one shows up even though according to the status of wireless network connections adaptor is internet connect Solved: or Wireless wont to PC cable Ethernet via quot Not connected quot but my network is a very strong signal and am actually using it right now on Solved: PC wont connect to internet via Wireless or Ethernet cable my notebook to send this mail so adaptor s Solved: PC wont connect to internet via Wireless or Ethernet cable sees asnother network but not my network which is metre away Ethernet Cable - Plug in cable but nothing happens no change on toolbar nothing in Network Connections Tried internet with but doesn t work stumped Am I making a simple schoolboy error here Checked Device Manager and there is a yellow question mark at Other Devices opened that and inside yellow question mark and exclamation mark over quot other PCI Bridge quot and quot Video Controller VGA Compatible Any advise cant update any drivers as I cant get PC online obviously Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

I recently bought an older Dell Inspiron 8100 just to lug around and it connects to wifi via a wireless card no problem. The problem I am having is that when I hardwire to the net via the ethernet cable, I get nothing. It's OS is Windows XP sp3. Anyone that could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,

I am having problem connecting my laptop to the internet via ethernet cable.

I am typing this from a Mac desktop that is on the same connection - no router in use, just a cable modem.

I have tried 3 different laptops plugging in to the ethernet cable directly to the modem and all say the same thing - limited to no connectivity for the XP machines, and "Local access only" for the Vista machine.

It recognizes the ethernet cable, and it searches for connectivity but does not succeed.

What makes this weird is that the connection itself is live as evidenced by my ability to type on this desktop.

Please help!!

A:Solved: Can't connect laptop to internet via ethernet cable (wireless is ok)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-laptop-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable-wireless-is-ok.759881/
Relevancy 83.42%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3766 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1755 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 597065 MB, Free - 490266 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5742
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Not Updated

Please help me, I don't know what to do.
My internet connection suddenly stopped working and I don't know how to fix it, I've restarted the computer and unplugged the modem, amongst other things, but nothing seems to be working.
The only way I can have internet connection is with the ethernet cable, but it doesn't work without...

A:Solved: Can only connect to internet with ethernet cable, does not work wireless

you have marked this - solved - has the problem been resolved now

if not
have you made sure the wireless is switched on - often there's a physical switch or a combination of the FN + one of the F keys to control the wireless

post an ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-only-connect-to-internet-with-ethernet-cable-does-not-work-wireless.1067146/
Relevancy 83.42%

Can't connect to internet, error message says check ethernet cable. Have not changed cable or replaced cable so not sure why no connection. Router is connected (all other computers with Wi Fi works). The router and computer have lights on the ethernet ports that are lit up showing connection. HELP?

A:Can't connect to internet, ethernet cable connected to router and comp

Try resetting everything by powering off - router, modem, PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/305303-cant-connect-internet-ethernet-cable-connected-router-comp.html
Relevancy 83.42%

i always use to use my ethernet cable to hook up to the internet. now when i plug it in, theres no connection and it doesnt even notice that the cable is plugged in. please help. im at university and the wifi is terrible

A:Urgent: Toshiba satellite won't connect to internet with ethernet cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-toshiba-satellite-wont-connect-to-internet-with-ethernet-cable.1071059/
Relevancy 82.56%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 82.56%

I just reformatted my hard drive to windows xp on a dell vostro 200. I am trying to connect to the internet via an ethernet cable, which works on my dell dimension pc just fine. How do I determine what is wrong?

A:Solved: Cannot connect to internet using ethernet cable after reformatting hard drive

you would need to re-instal all your drivers from the dell website - using your service tag number, on a label on the pc, or model number

Device Manager

Please Post back the results in device manager as requested below

You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.
If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

Once you are in device manager then navigate to:

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices that are listed under network adapters
are there any yellow ! ? or a X​
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

For Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-internet-using-ethernet-cable-after-reformatting-hard-drive.1105785/
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi A week ago my computer suddenly could not connect to the internet I was using a cable directly connected to the cable modem Since then I ve tried Added a WiFi router connected to the cable modem Tried using the WiFi card built in to the computer It connects but reports quot limited access quot and there is no connection to the internet and I can t access the router itself Bought a new Ethernet card installed the drivers that came with it I ve tried it connected through the WiFi router s hard ports and directly to the modem Hard resets power cycling off minutes on the modem each time and still no Using ethernet Lost Cable modem, connection Internet. to cable. connection In device manager both Ethernet cards show as quot working normally quot with no errors So does the WiFi card ipconfig shows only quot tunneling quot devices with media disconnected Lost connection to Internet. Using Cable modem, ethernet cable. I ve uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for the on-baord Ethernet the WiFi card and the new Ethernet card After reading some other posts I captured the output from ipconfig and several netsh commands I ve attached them to this post The files starting with netsh are basically the command entered with underscores replacing the spaces from the commands used to generate them I also borrowed another computer It connects both directly through the cable modem and using the Ethernet ports on the router It doesn t have WiFi so I couldn t test that method of access It can also connect to and configure the router but I haven t made any changes The router is a NetGear G N Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Sloan nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

hi i have a Windows xp PC and a Laptop I want to connect Cable by Connect pc's 2 XP Ethernet them so that i can see all the files and folders of one on other Now below are pics of my modem and my cable please tell me what type of modem is it ADSL or xDSL and the cable is connector cable or Ethernet cable or crossover cable using the cable shown joined it from PC to My Windows Vista Laptop and ran a preinstalled program is Vista to connect computers This program succesfully connected the pcs it transfered files but Main problem with this is this program shows the contents of Host PC which is OLD PC 's contents only and offers them to be transferred But i want sharing like i see in my college PCs through network neighbourhood i saw all pcs and just double clicked on any system and whoa i saw all its partitions NOTE USING ubuntu Live CD on one laptop i was able to quot see quot the other xp pc's partitons and printers but when clicked on them it asked me username and password I didnt know what these were and even on giving xp's useraccounts and passwords the user and password dialog continued popping up I couldnt see anything beyond partitions hence Now tell me how can i do same thing with both XP systems I have joined this cable see picture pc to pc But now what can anybody tell me how to proceed and start sharing files as explained in Any third party softwares who can do this work efficently are welcome Frankly i dont have any idea of networking and all but as a Electronics engineering student i want some Please tell my any good books ebooks links if you know that help me in expanding my little or zero knowlegde Thanks

A:Connect 2 XP pc's by Ethernet Cable

See how much this helps . . http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net.asp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connect-2-xp-pcs-by-ethernet-cable-269021.html
Relevancy 72.24%

This used to be a simple network trick -> connect two Windows PCs using network cable, go into adapter settings -> IPv4 -> set one IP to 10.0.0.1 and the other 10.0.0.2, then you can easily see the other computer and copy/move files.

Not when I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 (can't upgrade the other one yet, as it's work machine). Tried the above, can't see the other Windows. Symptoms include:
- Windows 10 PC adapter status shows a lot of incoming traffic but outgoing traffic stays 0 bytes.
- tried to edit group policy for default location for unidentified network (which is the case on both PCs) to be Private so I could share files
- For "Private" networks, the network discovery is set to ON.

Any ideas?

A:Can't connect two PCs using Ethernet cable any more - Win 10 & Win 7

You cannot connect two computers together using a normal network cable. Normal network cables are wired so that they are straight pass through. You need what's called a crossover cable, as these connect the transmit from one computer to the receive on the other.

These cables are fairly hard to find, so it's usually much easier to simply get a cheap network switch.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/11093-cant-connect-two-pcs-using-ethernet-cable-any-more-win-10-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently reinstalled windows and on a new hard drive and now it says my ethernet controller needs to be update. Without it i cannot use the internet without connecting to wifi, how do i update it?

A:Cannot Connect Using Ethernet Cable

Desktop or laptop ?

I`ll assume it`s a laptop, you have to download your wireless drivers from your pc manufacturers website, from another pc. Download them to a usb drive then install on your pc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/260479-cannot-connect-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I just recovered my computer to factory settings. Now, can't connect to internet. I have Vista Home Premium, no service packs (can't get on the 'net to download them!) I have no ip address when I do the ipconfig. Device Manager has no issues. It says Network Adapter is NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller. It is working properly. Newest driver. What is next? Thanks

A:Can't connect w/ ethernet cable

goto devise manager and make sure you have no yellow "?" or red"x" if you do then you need to install the drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-w-ethernet-cable-497324.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi

I am trying to link two pcs with an ethernet cable I have plugged the cables in to both computers but I cant form a connection, Can any one please explain the process.
One pc is vista and on is XP.

thanks

A:Solved: connect two PCS with an ethernet cable

Well, depending on the specific network cards, you might need a crossover cable. However, that aside, you need to Setup ICS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connect-two-pcs-with-an-ethernet-cable.745341/
Relevancy 71.38%

My problem started the day of the big cyber attack on the internet. Coincidence?

I am having the same problem as this poster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/

I've tried everything mentioned in that thread to no avail.

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit.
Vaio vgn-z610y which is 7 yr old.

Went to Device manager.. First deleted, then I updated the  driver for Intel Wifi 5100 AGN.. Then I went to the Sony site and found another driver update.

I don't see a place in Bios.to enable wireless.

The Windows Mobility utility didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what else to try..The Netgear WNR1000 v4 router is new and wifi works on my tablet..

I've removed the battery from the laptop.

I don't have a restore point so maybe I have a virus? I've run Malwarebytes, , Awdcleaner, Avast, Tdsskiller,

Please HELP!

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630521/cant-connect-to-wifi-but-can-use-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 71.38%

can anyone please help me find my default gateway for my ethernet cable from xbox 360 to my desktop pc (xp) im confused because when i go on command pormt and type ipconfig /all it shows this :

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

D:\Documents and Settings\ted>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : samwise
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-17-CE-73-A0
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.44.61
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

PPP adapter Wanadoo Broadband:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 81.79.249.152
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 81.79.249.152
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 195.92.195.90

D:\Documents and Settings\ted>

but it has no default gateway for my ethernet adapter

please help.

A:connect xbox360 via ethernet cable

I always thought you needed a cossover cable to succesfully do that. Im thinking of the first xbox though

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connect-xbox360-via-ethernet-cable-326229.html
Relevancy 71.38%

How do I setup a direct connection between my laptop running Win2000 and my pc running XP. I don't want to use a router, I just want a direct connection using a ethernet crossover cable. I can't seem to find any step by step guides on how to do this. Hope someone can help.

Relevancy 71.38%

Is it possible to use an Ethernet cable to connect two laptops together for the purpose of playing LAN games?
I have an Acer Aspire 1640Z amd my friend has an Acer Aspire 1640. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Crenshaw

A:Connect Two Laptops on a LAN via Ethernet cable

Yes, but you need a crossover cable, or you need to use a hub/switch/router with two cables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-two-laptops-on-a-lan-via-ethernet-cable.645819/
Relevancy 71.38%

i want to transfer files, remote desktop, lan gaming....actualy lan gaming works fine without doing anything just connecting the cable

but how do i transfer files and remote desktop....what software do i need??????

note:
pc1 windows 7
pc2 windows xp

A:how to connect 2 pc with direct ethernet cable

Easy Transfer.

Are they connected to a router or switch ? Do you have a homegroup setup.

You should be able to see each pc from the other and pull off each, whatever you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/260458-how-connect-2-pc-direct-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 71.38%

hi, i have 2 computers 1 is running win 2 k pro sp4 and the other is running vista hp sp1. i am trying to connect them together via ethernet cable for file sharing, ect, and i do not know how to configure the comps. can someone explain to me how to get it working. i do not know how to set it up. please help, thanx, dennis

A:Trying to connect 2 computerw via ethernet cable

There should be some kind of network wizard?

or using the cd's you got with the OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-2-computerw-via-ethernet-cable.103864/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a similar problem to the attached link:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/813381-solved-brand-new-vaio-will.html
I travel a lot and many hotels only offer wired internet.

My sony Vaio VGN TZ250n (vista home) requires the ethernet cable box to be depowered and repowered to connect via the ethernet cable. After I reset the ethernet box, I can connect to the internet. But, if the room does not have a power cord for the ethernet cable, then I'm unable to connect.

In the attached link - the member said he "turned off a plethora of useless services that were set to auto".

What services can I turn off that may help me to connect?

thanks in advance-

Relevancy 71.38%

I have recently replaced my mobo and pro. I have connected all hardware one piece at a time with no probs until it come to plugging in my ethernet cable for my internet access. It will not even get to the log on screen sometimes or it will just get past the sign on and then shuts down. The shut down is sometimes complete and sometimes the fans are still spining but no video displayed. All temps seem to be ok in the BIOS. Cable is ok as I have tested it on another system. Also as soon as I take the cabel out and reboot its seems just fine.

Have run several virus scans, only picked up tracking cookies, but there are alot so got rid but prob persists.

Any ideas would be helpfull as it is driving me nuts

Thanks

A:PC Shuts Down only when I connect the Ethernet Cable

Have you installed the drivers for the network card? If integrated on the motherboard they should have come in the motherboard box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-shuts-down-only-when-i-connect-the-ethernet-cable.761872/
Relevancy 71.38%

Time Warner just came out on Saturday to install cable internet (Road Runner). However, he couldn't get it to connect through the ethernet, it will only get online from the USB.

The whole problem is that when I click on Repair (I have XP) it says that it cannot renew my IP address. I thought the problem might be on my end, so I bought a new NIC. No change.

Then time warner gave me a new modem, and the problem still persists.

I've already run the ipconfig /release junk, and it changed nothing.

Before I moved into this new apartment, I was using T1 cable from the old apartment, so I know my ethernet slot works as well as the cords and such.

What is going on?? I'm so confused, and I'd like my internet to go thru the ethernet so that I can get Vonage phone service.

Any help would be great! :giddy:

A:Cable modem won't connect thru ethernet

hi i have one sugestion, that you probibly did alredy but its worth a chack, make shore t that you have no firewalls on including the windows firewall, post back if the probiem contunios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cable-modem-wont-connect-thru-ethernet.26116/
Relevancy 71.38%

We have 2 laptops. Both can connect via wireless fine, but only one can connect using the Ethernet cable. When plugged into the laptop which doesn't work I get the computer with a yellow "exclamation mark" triangle, which says no internet access. The working laptop is using Vista and mine, the none working, uses Windows 7.

I'd be happy to use Skype or TV to sort out the problem.

Joe.

A:One laptop can connect via Ethernet cable but the other one cannot?

Joet, welcome to Sevenforums

This sounds like a driver issue. Can you give me the full name of your laptop so I might direct you where to find the right driver? If you are able to do this on your own, feel free.

It is a LAN driver you would be looking for, and not the wireless LAN.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245775-one-laptop-can-connect-via-ethernet-cable-but-other-one-cannot.html
Relevancy 70.52%

So here I am sitting on my desktop Vista machine Acer Aspire M model being able to connect to my D-Link wifi router by ONLY using a Belkin wifi dongle I Connect dongle Only cable Can using ethernet WiFi & not via cannot get my machine to connect with an ethernet cable I have tried several different cable but still no joy When I go Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable to 'Network amp Sharing' centre in Vista I can see the Belkin Wifi connection which is obviously how I am being able to connect and type this but the wired connection just constantly says 'Unidentified' - Local Access Only Just to add some more info - I also went to the Command Prompt and typed in ipconfig renew and Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable after a few seconds got the follwing reply 'An error occurred while renewing interface Wired Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request timed out An error occured while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified Ethernet adaptor Wired Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link Local IPv Address f e ec b bd e Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default gateway fe ea c cff e Can anyone help me out here

A:Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable

....anybody?!?! Over 100 views and nobody has any idea on a possible fix?!

I also noticed a post further down which has had over 10,000 views and only 7 reponses...not holding out much hope....!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298275-can-only-connect-using-wifi-dongle-not-via-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a Netgear router (WNDR3400)

I have 1 desktop pc (netgear software installed on this)

I have 2 laptops

All 3 pc's are running Windows 7 pro

I need to change the Network Key (password) on the desktop.

Then I need to know what has to be done so both laptop pc's will connect without an ethernet cable.

A:Need help to connect laptops to router without ethernet cable

The manual that came with the Wireless Router has all that information. Basically you put the Router's IP address in your browser's Address bar, looks similar to 192.168.1.1 but last two numbers may be different, hit Enter and should open the page to your Router's Setup. You may need the user name and password, also provided in the manual. Once in you can go to the Wireless section to set up a password or change it if already there. You can also change the Network name but remember it.
The manual:
ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WN..._23MAR2010.pdf

Then when that is done you fire up the Notebooks and click the Wireless icon in the Notification Area, should show your Router and click to log in with the password you set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/347922-need-help-connect-laptops-router-without-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I was on here last night trying to get my laptop to connect to wireless internet. I'm still working on figuring that out with the person I bought the laptop from and I may end up purchasing a wireless card, but now my question is:

Can I connect to the internet right now by using an ethernet network cable plugged into my computer and into the D-link router which my desktop computer already accesses the internet from?

I plugged it in but nothing happened.

Relevancy 70.52%

I have a LaserJetprinter with a bad USB port, and I want to connect it directly to my laptop using the ethernet port. Since there is no internet at this location, I have been using the USB port.

If I connect the printer directly to my laptop what type of cable do I use (crossover?) and what kind of port settings do I use (TCP/IP?) and how do I set this up correctly?

A:how to connect printer via ethernet cable with no router

Hello,

The easiest thing to do would be to but a small 5-Port switch. The newer ones are auto-sensing so you can use either a crossover or a stright through cable.

If your PC doesnt get an IP address from a DHCP Server like a router then you will need to assign a static IP address (i.e. 192.168.0.1). You will then need to set a static IP Address on the printer which is in the same range (i.e. 192.168.0.2).

How to set a static IP on Windows 7 (Steps 6 to 10) :
Setting a Static IP Address in Windows 7 - PortForward.com

Hope that helps.

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/193945-how-connect-printer-via-ethernet-cable-no-router.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all I really hope someone can help me with this before my head implodes I ve had dial-up for years but AOL said they could give me a broadband-quality internet service with a Speedtouch wireless router and an ethernet cable They sent the equipment through I set it up on one laptop at home and it worked fine - miraculous in fact really fast So then I tried to set it up on my partner s laptop Ran the installation software and it got to the point where you connect to connect Trying router via laptop to cable! Ethernet the laptop an Advent to the router and it said it couldn t connect Trying to connect laptop to router via Ethernet cable! The ethernet cable was securely plugged in at both ends but no ethernet light was displaying on the router I called Trying to connect laptop to router via Ethernet cable! AOL and they went through everything - the laptop has an ethernet card and the netware - sorry I really am a total beginner seemed OK ie didn t have any little crosses or question marks beside it when we looked at in in quot systems information quot So the AOL guy said I might need a new ethernet card But I don t see how that s the problem if there s already one in there and it seems to be functional I ll probably go try to buy an ethernet card but this has already cost me quite a bit mostly in phone calls to AOL and I was wondering Trying to connect laptop to router via Ethernet cable! if anyone has any ideas or can confirm that buying the new card is my best option I really appreciate any help you can give nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

i just want to know if it is safe to de that cause a friend said that if i did that it would screw up the computers i want to know if it would work or not and if it is also posible to fix one computer that is conected to the other computer to fix this compressed bootmgr thing i got going on
and i am asking about a ethernet cable not a cross over cable

A:is it safe to connect two computers together with one ethernet cable

you can connect two pcs with an ethernet cable - you normally have to use a crossover cable - unless the machine are very modern and have autosensing LAN connections

would need to know more detail about this
and if it is also posible to fix one computer that is conected to the other computer to fix this compressed bootmgr thing i got going onClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-safe-to-connect-two-computers-together-with-one-ethernet-cable.963632/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello guys I recently had problems with my Ethernet internet connection I got admission in University of Cyprus and I am staying in dorms It is great here but my only problem is that I couldn t connect to the internet through Ethernet cable I Called University Apartments Technics Team and after they run some basic tests they come to conclusion that the port and the Ethernet cable was alright So I took my computer to the Computer Store because I thought that my PC was broken They told me that my PC was totally functioning my friend brought his Getaway laptop with windows Can't - limited Ethernet Connectivity Cable though connect and Can't connect though Ethernet Cable - limited Connectivity he was connected fine Fun thing is that every weekend when I go home I connect my laptop to the internet through Ethernet cable and it is working just fine And the same thing happened in the Computer Technical store But for some unknown reason the internet wouldn t connect in the Apartments I reinstalled the drivers I run ipconfing all in the CMD and the Physical Address under Ethernet was - - - - Then I run ipconfig release and ipconfig renew Without any luck I found in internet a program that is randomly changing the MAC Address of the computer but I had no luck there either But after some time I had an amazing idea And I fixed the internet connection issue for ever So I want to share this idea with you NOTE I am not a professional computer engineer so I don t know further stuff about this issue and I don t guarantee that this will work for you But it worked for me and I just want to share it with you Here it is what I have done Run CMD a You can click Windows key R and type CMD b Or you can find it from the start menu by typing CMD After CMD comes up type ipconfig all and hit ENTER A list of internet connections and it s details will pop up Assuming that you have the problem find the Ethernet adapter Ethernet line and under it you should see Physical Address - - - - - That means that you don't have an internet access I don't have - - because i fixed already the internet issue But in your condition To fix that what I did was I connected thought the Wifi to the University s WiFi RUN CMD again and type again ipconfig all This time search the line that shows details about Wireless connection My line is called Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection I think your supposed to be the same Under this line you should see Physical Adderss and digit number like F- -A - Copy that number only right click on the black section of CMD and choose MARK highlight the number and then hit ENTER to copy Open a notepad and past it there Delete the - between the numbers Now go to start Type Administrative Tools click on Settings under the search box if you are using Windows and then click on the Administrative Tools to open it Open Computer Management Open System Tools Open Device Manager Click on Network Adapters Right click on your Ethernet driver name Mine is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller And select Propertise Click on Advanced tab From the list find the Network Address Under value click the dot near the box IMPORTANT I don t know what is written in this box but for your safety copy the box s content past It In a new Notepad file and save it as Network Mac Address Backup So if for some reason this will not help you you will be able to restore the original settings NOW Final step Go to the first notepad where we copied our Wifi s MAC Address and deleted the - Copy that characters and past them into the box of your Ethernet s Driver Properties That s it Hit OK Close all unnecessary windows Now disconnect your Wi-Fi network and try to open Internet Explorer or Google Chrome After that my internet connection was working just fine

A:Can't connect though Ethernet Cable - limited Connectivity

That was a great deal of work and you described the process very well, so I'm not gonna rain on your parade and correct your misunderstanding. No worries. Network engineering is clearly not your game (right now), but you would do well as either a software tester (under a good manager) or a technical writer of some kind. Keep up the good work!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32251-cant-connect-though-ethernet-cable-limited-connectivity.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello

I have a dell inspiron 6400, and yesterday it suddenly was unable to connect to my wireless network. It has been randomly disconnecting from the network for a few weeks now, but I have just restarted my PC and it reconnects.

I can now only connect to my network via an ethernet cable.

Do I need to replace my network adapter? Do I need a new laptop? Is there a way I can fix it manually?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A:Can't connect to a wireless network without an ethernet cable

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-a-wireless-network-without-an-ethernet-cable-663997.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everyone I am writing on behalf of my friend who is having internet problems He recently moved house and he can t get on the internet wireless I ethernet Can't cable connect but wirelessly can through Solved: have suggested all the obvious things i can think of and nothing helped Does anyone Solved: Can't connect wirelessly but can through ethernet cable have any ideas I asked him to do Solved: Can't connect wirelessly but can through ethernet cable IPCONFIG ALL and here is what he got Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Peter gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Peter-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D -D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bc a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -DB- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A - C - D E-B E - CBC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F - C- D C-A - A D E br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Peter gt nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I am able to connect with my cable modem using the USB, but the ethernet does not work for some reason

It just started doing this a few hours ago

my ISP is charter communication

modem = Ambit U10CO18

whenever I try to go through ethernet I get "imited or no connectivity"

I need to use the ethernet so I can get my Playstation 3 online

it doesnt work with the PC or PS3 so it isint a PC issue

A:cant connect with cable modem using ethernet cord

If it's not a PC issue then it must be a bad cable or bad ethernet on the modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-with-cable-modem-using-ethernet-cord.734324/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi All

This is my First post. i just registered today and try to search but its unsuccessful for me.

Here is my issue. I hope you guys help me

I have 2 PC's both have WinXP Pro. i have one network card port in each pc. so i am disconnecting my pc from internet and trying to connect with my 2nd PC. but its not detecting. i am new with the networking. i am not using any router or hub as i don't have. when i connect with ethernet (CAT 5) cable both pc is not detecting each other. Try to create new network connection but it wont help at all. I need to transfer few files from one pc to another. if you guys have any step by step guide or any kinda help Pls let me know. As i need to transfer file urgently pls.

Thanks in Advance.

A:Can't Share Files when i connect 2 pc with ethernet (CAT5) Cable

Chk local connection on both laptops if the firewall is ON, Disable the firewall or chk if any antivirus shield in not letting you ping both systems if you have then disable the shield.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-share-files-when-i-connect-2-pc-with-ethernet-cat5-cable.73498/
Relevancy 69.66%

i used to be able to access the internet directly via a direct ethernet connection but now my only option appears to be the wireless network connection i don't recall when exactly the local area connection connect works via but not ethernet connection cable can wireless disappeared but the wireless is too slow amp unreliable i really would appreciate any assistance figuring out how to connect to the internet directly again i'm running windows xp home edition version wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable with service pack on a emachine desktop i have a netgear wireless pci adapter for wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable the wireless i tested the cable on another pc so i know the cable amp the ethernet connection work when i plug teh cable into my pc shouldn't a local area connection option appear on my network connections i believe i used to wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable be able to choose between wireless amp local are connection but not all i get is wireless network connection i ran ipconfig all this i what i got C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DA -Bloomfield Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description NETGEAR WG g Wireless PCI A dapter Physical Address - - B- - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday October AM Lease Expires Thursday October A M any help would be appreciated dB

A:wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable

I have no idea about your level of knowledge but I thought I'd let you know what I would do to investigate the problem....

Right click My Network places from the desktop or go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, Network Connections.

Here you should see you LAN and Wireless Connections. Make sure the LAN connection is not disabled. Right click, properties, select Internet Protocol in the box and set everything to automatic; obtain IP and DNS automatically, assuming you have a DHCP server on the network. The router perhaps? If not then manually enter the IP, subnet mask (probably 255.255.255.0) and the gateway ip. Set the Primary DNS address to the same as the gateway again, assuming the router is configured to get it's DNS address from your ISP. Click Advanced and set Enable NetBIOS over TCIP in the WINS tab.

Also check in Device Manager that your Network Card (NIC) is available, enabled and working.

Once the ethernet cable is attached, you should at least be able to ipconfig and see the LAN connection. If you can try to ping the router:
ping 192.168.1.1
You should get 4 replies if all is well.
Then try to ping an external address:
ping www.google.co.uk
again, you should 4 replies.

I know this is fairly detailed help but that would be a good start to investigate your issue.

Good luck...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-works-but-can-not-connect-via-ethernet-cable-422128.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Our house was pre-wired with cat e cable to all rooms but we have never tried to use them until we had fios installed this week Each room has an outlet with rj and coax The Fios router was installed in the closet next to the port cat5e connect won't ethernet to router in cable wire distribution center and cat5e cable won't connect to ethernet port in router when I plug in the cat e cable with an rj connector into the router nothing happens - no light on the router indicating that it recognizes the connection The ethernet connection in the room has the same result - the pc laptop and xbox all were all connected cat5e cable won't connect to ethernet port in router and none of them recognized the ethernet connection I pulled out the outlet plate in the room and the cat e cable is numbered the same as the cat e cable on the other end in the wire distribution closet and I see that they have split the cat e wiring for ethernet and phone pairs to one rj one pair to the other and left the brown pair out which sounds right based on what I have read online about splitting cat wiring for phone ethernet into an rj connector But the online instructions also say that each end of the cable should match and the connector that goes into the wireless router has all wires attached to the rj I would really like to take advantage of the ethernet wiring in the upstairs rooms so that I don t have to buy a wireless card for the pc and the xbox but am not sure about how to check the rj connections I borrowed a cable tester from my neighbor and it shows a red light which indicates a problem but I don t know on which end of the cable Then there is the crossover cable that I read about online where you switch pins if you are not connecting to a hub So is a router a hub As you can see I am not a networking expert but am trying to understand what the problem is before calling in the pros who charge for a service call and an hour I m wondering if I have to buy the tools to strip the cable and punch the wires into the new connector if I may be better off calling someone to do it for me or just buying the wireless cards Thanks for any help you can give me nbsp

A:cat5e cable won't connect to ethernet port in router

You don't need a cross-over cable. A hub, switch and router are similar devices; you do not use a cross-over to connect a computer to any of those. That's the easy part.

You are correct that you only need 4 wires for ethernet (gigabit = 1000 Mbps, however, uses 8). If the correct 4 wires are connected at each end, and they are not broken in the middle somewhere, they should work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat5e-cable-wont-connect-to-ethernet-port-in-router.917774/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi everyone
I have an Acer aspire one netbook, model D255 which operates on Windows 7.
Having trouble connecting to wifi connections. It worked fine initially, I tried turning the wifi switch on and off, it tells me that there are no wifi connections available, however everyone else Is able to connect via Wifi on their computers and myself without a problem on other devices.
On troubleshooting it's says - that an Ethernet cable is broken or not plugged in
properly, and is unable to fix the problem, as obviously I am not connected via any cable.
I looked in network and it says that the Ethernet cable is unplugged and does not show any available networks.
Urgent help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Relevancy 69.66%

I have two Apple laptops running well on an Airport Extreme wireless network. I am trying to connect a Dell Windows XP Service Pack 3 to the Airport via a USB to Ethernet LAN cable directly to the Airport for internet access. The Times Warner cable guy hooked it up and it accessed the internet just fine. I have since reformatted and reloaded Windows. I have not changed any of the cable connections. I have tried the Windows Network Wizard and the Airport Utility (which cannot detect the Airport). Windows says I have a "LAN or High-Speed Internet 1394 Connection" connected. However, Windows cannot find any internet access. The cable guy had it hooked up and on the internet in just a couple of minutes. Before I reformatted I noticed another connected network, not the 1394. Please help me get the Dell on the Airport via USB to Ethernet LAN cable for internet access. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Connect Windows PC to Airport Extreme via Ethernet cable

Install the chipset drivers from your Drivers/Resource CD or, better, from Dell's web site. Use your Service Tag for easier searching. Then check in Device Manager to see if there are still more missing drivers.

EDIT: You probably need the driver for the USB ethernet adapter also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-windows-pc-to-airport-extreme-via-ethernet-cable.807333/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have Time Warner internet with a cisco modem two weeks ago I hooked up a belkin router so I can use my laptop also. Everything seem to be working fine until a few days ago now the laptop seems okay but the desktop is slower than dail-up. I called Time Warner and they had me connect the desktop directly to the modem by passing the router and all was well but as soon as I went back thur the router the problem was back so they said it must be a problem with the router but my laptop and two printers are working fine with the router just the desktop is having an issue. My question is the modem has an ubs connection and I was wondering if I could use that to hook it to my computer by passing the router.

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi! I live in a house from the 1800's and it's built out of solid stone, so the wifi doesnt go through the walls. I stretched an ethernet cord to my room and my Toshiba Satellite A665-S6050 will not connect with it. It doesn't even register that there is a cable plugged in. Can anyone help?

A:Toshiba Satellite wont connect with ethernet cable.

Could be the ethernet cable is too long.

Put your laptop next to the router and use a short ethernet cable to see if it works. If it does, it must be the cable length that's the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-wont-connect-with-ethernet-cable.1080873/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I bought a new router to connect to my cable modem so that via reset ethernet connect Help! router cable. DNS, net adapter. Can't to Flushed I could share through USB It s a Netgear WNR the N range I was trying to find out how to set the two of them up and stupidly followed the wrong instructions setting the Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help! IP address to yes I ve tried typing that into browser tried typing the old one tried routerlogin net and com Then I tried resetting the network adapter following threads by people who had the same problem by doing the following in elevated command prompt ipconfig flushdns nbtstat -R nbtstat -RR netsh int reset all netsh int ipv reset netsh int ipv reset netsh winsock reset And Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help! then a reboot I ve tried resetting the router by holding the pin in and Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help! letting the test light flash for a good - seconds I ve tried turning it off waiting turning back on I ve tried restarting in safe mode What can I do to connect to this router again so I can restore the proper IP I don t have another laptop I can use nbsp

A:Can't connect to router via ethernet cable. Flushed DNS, reset net adapter. Help!

After you reset it to factory defaults its LAN address is set to default. Connect a Windows PC to it and show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-router-via-ethernet-cable-flushed-dns-reset-net-adapter-help.1124398/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, I'm trying to connect a
PC with Windows 7 Professional
with another with Windows 7 Home Premium
using an Ethernet cable.
PC - 1

IP Address - 192.168.0.1 Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
PC - 2

IP Address - 192.168.0.2 Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
Restart, but nothing happens, no connection between them. Anyone can help me?
Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/27921010-4f04-44f0-91f1-f1513f9eab45/cannot-connect-two-different-windows-7-home-amp-pro-computers-using-a-crossover-ethernet-cable?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 69.23%

I have just put a new hard drive in my laptop - a sony vaio
It will no longer connect to my university internet through a cable which I just plug into the wall. It has no issue finding wireless connections. I have tried changing the connection cable but it had no effect. In device manager under network adapters it lists: Atheros AR9285 Wirless Network Adapter and there are no warnings associated with that. Underneath in other devices it states that the Ethernet Controller has no driver installed. Is this related?
Any help much appreciated

A:Laptop won't connect to ethernet cable despite finding wireless connections

Hi Molly123, and welcome to TSG.

Molly123 said:

It will no longer connect to my university internet through a cable which I just plug into the wall.
Underneath in other devices it states that the Ethernet Controller has no driver installed.
Is this related?

A missing Ethernet driver will prevent the wired connection from working.
You can probably use your wireless connection to visit the support section of the the Sony web site and download the missing driver(s) and get instructions on how to install the downloaded driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-ethernet-cable-despite-finding-wireless-connections.1089095/
Relevancy 68.37%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello Guys I ve ethernet no 7 modem from can't access Win internet ipv4 - have ipv6 internet no cable been searching for the past days a solution but nothing came up to work Tried different things nothing good yet So I m directly connected to a modem cable and well my computer takes time to identify and then identifies it first a a public network i was able to change it to home Win 7 - can't have internet access cable ethernet from modem ipv6 no internet ipv4 no ipv no internet access ipv no network access Here s my ipconfig log Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheRealThing-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- -AF-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a bb de f e eb Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address a d a d f Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe bb de f e eb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e ff fe a c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers a f b a f a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -D - B-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b d bd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c e e c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained octobre Lease Expires octobre Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A - EB- BDC- -C AB E FB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D- D- E - -EB C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AF ED-DA F- CF-B B- A ECC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface C D- F- DE- C- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I was able to get the latest driver of my Broadlink card Didn t change anything I tried manually setting the IPs but honestly it was my first time ever using ipv I don t know why I had to use them also and maybe don t exactly know how to use this Windows troubleshooter tells me DNS server error If you know anything Cheers m nbsp

A:Win 7 - can't have internet access cable ethernet from modem ipv6 no internet ipv4 no

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-cant-have-internet-access-cable-ethernet-from-modem-ipv6-no-internet-ipv4-no.1136264/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello all,

I have a at&t u-verse router that is the model NVG589, Motorola

My question is:

I game on my PC a lot and would like to know, what is the best CAT cable to get that my internet box can support?

A:Best CAT Ethernet Cable For my internet?

The newest version is CAT6 but if making your own be sure to get the correct plugs to use with it. CAT5e is the previous version and CAT5 is older. There are other versions of lower number but really not suitable for much more than phone systems.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66265-best-cat-ethernet-cable-my-internet.html
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a recent problem. My computer doesn't want to connect to the internet via ethernet, however it will connect via wireless to the same network. Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

A:Internet doesn't connect via Ethernet but does connect wireless Win7

Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Click to expand...

Connected by etherent ?
Have you also tried the same cable and port with a different PC

It maybe a security suite blocking - do you have Norton , McAfee etc

post a ipconfig /all and ping tests when connected by ethernet cable only
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-connect-via-ethernet-but-does-connect-wireless-win7.972841/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys I just moved house and the internet here is a lot worse than what I'm used to so wireless is not an option. I hooked up my old ethernet cable and It says that I'm connected to the internet but I cannot load any web pages or do anything online.
My wireless does work but I get 10 seconds delay on all my games.
I've tried resetting my router and I even bought another ethernet cable thinking that my 5 year old cable had gone flaky but neither worked. The 2 LEDs on my mobo are both lit up, one blinking.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Relevancy 65.79%

I have a home network and my only PC now is a Toshiba Netbbook with XP - I also have an Ipad and an HP wireless printer connected to the network.
The Wireless Network signal strength is excellent and the Ipad and Printer connect to the Internet but the Netbook will only connect to the Internet if I run a cable from the PC to my wireless router.

A:Solved: Can only get Internet via Ethernet cable

Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

can we see an ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-only-get-internet-via-ethernet-cable.1100273/
Relevancy 65.79%

My internet keeps disconnecting and saying I need an Ethernet cable when im using a wireless adapter I recently disconnecting keeps and using I internet saying when need a y Ethernet an im wi cable bought a new PC using Windows and ever since I have started it up y internet keeps disconnecting and saying I need an Ethernet cable when im using a wi it has been having issues I am using a wireless adapter that connects to my modem which works just fine the adapter is also new but for some reason it keeps disconnecting me It loses all its bars and comes up with the symbol then comes back with full bars showing its connected It also says that I need to plug an ethernet cable onto the computer or a network cable isnt plugged in properly I have tried a lot of things and nothing is working I dont need updates whatsoever If you could help me on this I would appreciate it because it has become very frustrating Thankyou This is for a friend they couldn t upload this because their connection is terrible and doesnt last long and is continually disconnecting nbsp

A:y internet keeps disconnecting and saying I need an Ethernet cable when im using a wi

lets see an xirrus screen shot

Download and install
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/y-internet-keeps-disconnecting-and-saying-i-need-an-ethernet-cable-when-im-using-a-wi.1146897/
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm trying to get my computer hooked up for internet through this ethernet modem from at&t. I got this splitter from radio shack so the family computer (using for internet at the moment) and my computer can both be online. (family computer is a vista) it's hooked up like Vista to splitter's jack 1, splitter to modem (which works), XP to Splitter's Jack 2 and it won't work. tried swapping and XP detected the modem but couldn't connect and Vista's Died so i swapped it back. Could I have gotten a splitter with a defective jack or is it something else?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I just built a new computer yesterday and I was using a usb wifi adapter. The wifi seemed a little slow to me so I wanted to switch to ethernet cable. I picked up a 50 foot cable at fry's and connected from the modem/router top my computer. I was told that connection would happen instantly but it didn't. I tried downloading drivers, messing around in settings, and removing the battery from my motherboard for a minute and putting it back in. The ethernet cable is not the problem since it works when i use it on the other computer that is currently on ethernet cable as well.

I'm running windows 7.
Motherboard is ASROCK FM2A88M-hd

Relevancy 65.79%

So my laptop is receiving a wifi signal, but unfortunately my desktop doesn't have a wireless card. To be able to have an internet connection in both I've read I can use an ethernet cable to share the laptop's wifi connection with the desktop.
How do I go about doing this in Win7?

A:How do I share internet with an ethernet cable?

You will need what is called a crossover ethernet cable, connect the 2 ethernet ports together with it, turn on Internet Connection sharing on the Laptop before you do.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/archive/index.php/t-237754.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-share-internet-with-an-ethernet-cable.894032/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all,

I am getting a BSOD whenever i use the internet while connected with an ethernet cable. When I am online via wifi however I do not get the error message.

I am noticing that I am getting information in the BSOD regarding anodlwfx.sys

I have attached the zip file. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:BSOD when using internet with Ethernet cable

Hi usurp.

Do you use the D-Link one? If not disable it. If you ever use it, update the driver to D-Link DWA-125 Wireless N 150 USB Adapter(rev.A2) from D-Link Technical Support

Also update the driver to realtek ethernet. Go to http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false .... get the 4th item of the list (the "Win7 and Server 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program" one) and install it.

Report us for any further BSOD.

Code:
BugCheck D1, {fffff880056d1048, 2, 0, fffff88003eff875}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for anodlwfx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for anodlwfx.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Probably caused by : anodlwfx.sys ( anodlwfx+2875 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff880056d1048, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88003eff875, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030b3100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030b31c0
fffff880056d1048 Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
anodlwfx+2875
fffff880`03eff875 8b040a mov eax,dword ptr [rdx+rcx]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: System

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre

DPC_STACK_BASE: FFFFF880033A0FB0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88003399440 -- (.trap 0xfffff88003399440)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa8007771298 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa8007771860
rdx=fffffdfffdf5f7e8 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88003eff875 rsp=fffff880033995d8 rbp=fffff880056d0a80
r8=00000000000005cc r9=0000000000000000 r10=00450008ce3c6211
r11=fffffa8007771298 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
anodlwfx+0x2875:
fffff880`03eff875 8b040a mov eax,dword ptr [rdx+rcx] ds:fffff880`056d1048=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002e79469 to fffff80002e79ec0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`033992f8 fffff800`02e79469 : 00000000`0000000a fffff880`056d1048 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`03399300 fffff800`02e780e0 : 00000001`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07492af8 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`03399440 fffff880`03eff875 : fffff880`03eff490 00000000`00000028 fffff800`02faf1ee fffffa80`0773e920 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`033995d8 fffff880`03eff490 : 00000000`00000028 fffff800`02faf1ee fffffa80`0773e920 fffffa80`07740bb0 : anodlwfx+0x2875
fffff880`033995e0 00000000`00000028 : fffff800`02faf1ee fffffa80`0773e920 fffffa80`07740bb0 fffffa80`074929f0 : anodlwfx+0x2490
fffff880`033995e8 fffff800`02faf1ee : fffffa80`0773e920 fffffa80`07740bb0 fffffa80`074929f0 fffff880`03efeb99 : 0x28
fffff880`033995f0 fffff880`018e44d0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000028 fffff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365750-bsod-when-using-internet-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all I am running an IBM T P with Windows a Cisco Router quot linksys E quot My wireless has been running fine for the last few years win xp and win Today I wanted screwed internet? cable ethernet up wireless to try something I knew it wouldn't work but figured what the hell quot I plugged in an ethernet cable ethernet cable screwed up wireless internet? and hooked it up to an old PC to show a friend that you could not just plug this cable in and access another computer Well I proved I was right but unfortunately I also screwed something up ethernet cable screwed up wireless internet? in my laptop IBM now I can connect to my network I quot see quot the network I am connected to it excellent range etc but no internet connection now I know its not my router or nothing cuz my other laptops and pc's are all working fine its not the range since I have it now sitting literally next to my router I tried to recycle router and cable modem I tried restarting ugh HELP I THINK somehow windows is still looking for this ethernet connection anyone have a clue of what the heck happened here thank you so much in advance

A:ethernet cable screwed up wireless internet?

Quote: Originally Posted by rockergal

Hi all,

I am running an IBM T60P. with Windows 7. a Cisco Router "linksys E3000"
My wireless has been running fine for the last few years. (win xp and win 7)
Today I wanted to try something (I knew it wouldn't work but figured what the hell" I plugged in an ethernet cable and hooked it up to an old PC to show a friend that you could not just plug this cable in and access another computer. Well I proved I was right, but unfortunately I also screwed something up in my laptop (IBM)
now I can connect to my network, I "see" the network, I am connected to it, excellent range etc, but no internet connection.

now I know its not my router or nothing cuz my other laptops and pc's are all working fine,
its not the range since I have it now sitting literally next to my router)
I tried to recycle router and cable modem
I tried restarting
ugh... HELP!!!

I THINK somehow windows is still looking for this ethernet connection.
anyone have a clue of what the heck happened here???

thank you so much in advance

Open an command prompt and issue the command ipconfig /all and post the output.

Open Network and Sharing center and select the Troubleshoot Problems at the bottom of the Window. Post results, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91741-ethernet-cable-screwed-up-wireless-internet.html
Relevancy 64.93%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 64.93%

hey

hoping someone can help me out

I'm a 3g dongle to connect to the net, I previously set up the ps3 to connect through same via the wired connection.
That work fine for a bit, until I updated the firmware, Since then the PS can't seem to obtain an IP address and after setting a static IP it gives me a DNS error. On the flip side, my LAN is giving me a no internet access problem(ipv4) and also an unidentified network

I've changed the cable, released and renewed and reset the ipconfig and also flush DNS. I'm having the same problem with my laptop. Both were able to share the connection with the PS3 before.

(Pc runs windows 7 32 bit and laptop win 7 64bit)

Any suggestions?

A:LAN no internet access -when connecting to PS3 with ethernet cable

By LAN do you mean your network icon on the PC your dongle's connected to? I assume you're using a router right? This may be an insultingly simple tip, but did you power cycle that router yet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241420-lan-no-internet-access-when-connecting-ps3-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello So I recently moved abroad and am studying in a university residence in Europe with internet only available through an ethernet cable To have access at all it s first necessary to load a webpage in firefox cable/university internet ethernet with Odd issues and type in your username and password provided by the university each time you close out of Firefox you have to reenter your login information Unfortunately I m not particularly knowledgeable as far as networking issues are concerned but the university s residence service gave me a document that mentions configuring a proxy to connect to the internet if that says anything for reference I m using Windows My problem is that most other programs can t seem to connect to the internet - for example Skype Google chat calls are always disrupted by a network error Steam and Microsoft Security Essentials can t update I can t log in to my respective accounts from the program on my desktop though oddly enough Windows Update does work Similarly streaming video within the browser loads but never actually begins as when for example I attempt to stream a soccer match with a service similar to ESPN Opera doesn t work either as I get an error message from the university s IT service though this isn t as much of a problem All of the programs above are allowed according to my firewall settings so I really don t see what the problem would be As far as I can tell they re not blocked by the university Any help would be appreciated as I Odd issues with ethernet cable/university internet have absolutely no idea what the issue might be nbsp

A:Odd issues with ethernet cable/university internet

the university's residence service gave me a document that mentions configuring a proxy to connect to the internetClick to expand...

Mentions? You're supposed to use a particular proxy but you haven't configured it? You're not supposed to use one?

What firewall are you using?

You're trying to use these other programs while Firefox is open, right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-issues-with-ethernet-cable-university-internet.1068091/
Relevancy 64.93%

just yesterday everything was working fine then i got disconnected from the internet i checked through ethenet I was able to connect but when i plugged in the cable to wifi router it did not connect to the internet.
help.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi

i have an E-system 3115 laptop and have managed to connect to the internet using an ethernet cable to my Scientific Atlanta modem, but what i want to do is connect the ethernet cable to my Belkin Wireless G+ MIMO router and go online wirelessly.

I'm having problems doing this as it only seems to work when the cable is plugged into the laptop.

Thank you if you can help me.

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a compaq Laptop HP F running windows vista bit about years old and have had the same internet issues since I bought the dame thing I have searched the web for hours trying to find the answers made some changes but still have the same problems I have turned off all security programs downloaded drivers applied a fix patch from Microsoft enabled some functions that cable wireless bye No or internet Ethernet connection were disabled all to know avail I can connect at work via No internet connection bye Ethernet cable or wireless cbl at a friends house cbl and at home via neighbors wireless I cannot connect to my roommates Ethernet cable or wireless router running on windows XP wireless via linksys router The wireless router was recently set up and my connection was great for about a day but has not worked for weeks In the network and sharing center window it shows while I am connected to my roommates wireless network it is only a local connection that s there is a red x between the wireless network and the internet When I click on red x and run the windows diagnostics program I get There may be a problem with th Domain Name Servers DNS I had the same problem at work using a cable and the tech guy just changed some iPv settings and have never had connection problems but home is a different story I am just trying to get the wireless connection but even a cable connection would be a break through Here are my ipconfig stats Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users mwashinton gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name mwashinton-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - E- C- -E -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Tuesday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - B- -F -A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E EB EE -E - E - D - E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BB A - - F -B D - F B br F B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users mwashinton gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users mwashinton gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users mwashinton gt ping google com Ping ... Read more

Relevancy 64.93%

I Connected internet but ethernet access through no cable will try to explain my situation as best I could I have a desktop running windows XP Professional Connected through ethernet cable but no internet access x SP and my network adapter is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller The desktop is connected to the network with an ethernet cable Here is my problem Up until yesterday the internet connectivity just stopped working I am seeing a very low number of received Connected through ethernet cable but no internet access packets as opposed to the high number when it was working It is showing that it is connected to the network but I still can t access the internet Also I should mention that the desktop is at work and it is connected to a DHCP server that assigns IP addresses I have updated all the drivers and I have used Winsock Fix and Netsh but it still isn t working However the weird thing is that if assign a static IP address to it it works But I can t do this because I am not suppose to hook it up to the ports assigned to the switch for static IP s It has to be connected to the DHCP switch Why does it work when assigned a static but not if it gets an IP assigned by the DHCP server or switch Also even if I try to reset renew or release the IP when I connect again it still gives me the same IP It wont change Sorry if i m not explaining too well Again this is why i m asking for help i m not too good with these things TIA to anyone and everyone who can give me any ideas I ll try them all and i ll post back if it helps Thanks again nbsp

A:Connected through ethernet cable but no internet access

Make sure the following services are Started (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services).

DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-through-ethernet-cable-but-no-internet-access.1056583/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello guys, soo i have a wierd problem. yesterday all was good, turned my computer off went to bed. When i wake up today and turned my computer on i have no internet. i tried troubleshooting it, tried reinstalling drivers, i even used another ethernet cable and nothing works. i can go on the web through my phone via USB and sharing my phone's wifi, but other than that no internet.

This happened a couple months ago but i don't remenber what i did to fix it.
My wild guess is that it was a windows update. I'm not 100% sure but yeah. I think it updated something on startup but i was still sleepy and didnt pay attention to it.

I need serious help :\

i don't know what to provide with this help request since i'm new to the forum, soo ask away. Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 10 No internet. (ethernet cable not recognized??)

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Does the Ethernet jack work in Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-no-internet-ethernet-cable-not-recognized-1112857.html