Windows Support Forum

Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings

Q: Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings

Hi again I ve been having some problems with my computer lately beginning May which began when I finally got tied of fixing XP I defaulted and asked a local computer store to install Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, Modular *Award FJ settings with BIOS* Win Home Premium onto my WD Gb IDE drive which I Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings had purchased from them months prior About two or three weeks later my MoBo suspiciously started to fail Not one to cast aspersions I took it back and paid them another AUD to tell me that it was the MoBo then paid another Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings Gigabyte reseller to confirm the same who was Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings intrigued that if you flicked the board on the bench it would re- boot as though someone had been a little over zealous in tending to it So three GA- KNXP with DPS and two GA- KNXPUltra FJ MoBo s LATER I finally attached my WD Gb HDD Win to a new configuration thats the configuration not the MoBo they re all nd hand from my mates in China AND WOW Microsoft Critical Updates Conflicts and my Nvidia GeForce AGP card still not updating correctly Call to Microsoft was within the three day window for validation of install who suggested clean install which is fine as in the three weeks Win was in use I was mostly just finding my way around the newest OS offering from Microsoft The Win boot disc would not load The support staff sugested I download a new Win iso incase the Genuine DVD was corrupted Still not working was suggested the Drive might be the issue just happened that I had a new SSD in the draw Was able to atleast format that using the broken Win I actually believe that if I knew how to change the BIOS settings to reflect what I am trying to get the OS to run installed in the bays of my machine I would atleast have a platform to begin to get a stable boot- to-OS Which the gentle folk at Microsoft would at least have a greater opportunity at a successful transition of OS The board I m using is just too OLD for the young- guns of today I have updated my BIOS using the Gigabyte bios program here I need to know the settings needed to configure the board GA- KNXPUltra FJ here with the Award Modular BIOS v PG copyrighted - to see just the HDD SSD just as conected drives NOT as SICI RAID devices A manual to assist with the CMOS Setup quot Award quot Utility perhaps it might be useful Sorry if this seems to be a RANT Does anyone have any recollection of these times gone by please Edit I had a copy of Ubuntu-KK- and when I ran it as a live CD I found that the SSD that I had set as the Boot from device was prefaced with name sici- ID number of drive size of drive in Kb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-8knxpultra-fj-with-award-modular-bios-settings.188678/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 107.07%

Does any1 have the download for this bios? cauz i dont have it and i need it to fix the pc

BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v6.0
BIOS ID: 10/28/2002-I845PE/ICH4/IT8708-P4PE
BIOS Date: 20021028
BIOS Vendor: Award Software, Inc.
BIOS Version: ASUS P4PE ACPI BIOS Revision 1002
BIOS Size: 524288
Chipset: Intel 2560 rev 2
OEM Sign-on: ASUS P4PE ACPI BIOS Revision 1002
Motherboard Model: System Name
System Name: Chassis Manufacture
System Model: Chassis Version
Base Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Base Product: P4PE

A:Award Modular Bios V6.0 Bios Download

Custom built PC? Post the full model number and revision (rev) of the Motherboard, it will be printed on the motherboard.

If it is a Store bought PC, what make and model is it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-modular-bios-v6-0-bios-download.903519/
Relevancy 86.43%

ROM PCI ISA BIOS P VP-A Award Software INC xp pro sp old puter BSOD long ago Award Software Bios settings- Solved: SystemRoots System config SAM Want to repair xp pro OS Of course can t find my full xp pro cd Have teenager I do have OEM xp pro CD but puter won t boot from it Boot Sequence is A C SCSI I can highlight sequence but can t seem to modify same How do I change boot sequence to either quot D A SCSI quot or quot E A SCSI Solved: Bios settings- Award Software quot or any another option to delay booting from C This is very old puter maybe Bios should be updated changed Probably better to get it running st HDD might be split I know that at one time it had partitions but that was before a puter shop installed Solved: Bios settings- Award Software xp pro Solved: Bios settings- Award Software Don t remember much else about it but it does have a few files I would like to recover TIA Ax nbsp

A:Solved: Bios settings- Award Software

your os, as such, really has nothing to do with the bios,
you didn't mention the brand or model #,
with MY IBM, i just hold the ctrl[control], key down,
about every manufacturer has some little quirky way of getting to the bios,
you can't reach that from within windows,
hence, my comment about the os not a factor above,
so whatever your documentation you got with it says,
or post same and someone here will help,
once into the bios,
use the arrow keys to move / highlight the selection on the screen,
1st boot device, 2nd boot device, etc.,
press the 'enter' key,
the choices then show up,
either like a drop-down list or a little splash on top of current window,
use arrow keys to pick choice,
hit 'enter' to accept choice,
continue your choices until finished,
make sure to choose whatever your bios says,
as 'accept changes' or 'save changes'
whatever along that line,
follow prompts to exit,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-settings-award-software.799340/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I built a new computer a few months ago and have had nothing Windows Gigabyte settings 10 disk BIOS 970A-DS3P MBR to fresh to install ?? but trouble from using a GPT system for the first time - Now after a complete system crash Windows a couple of days ago I have deleted all partitions and created new partitions as Gigabyte 970A-DS3P BIOS settings to install Windows 10 to fresh MBR disk ?? MBR They are now sitting there empty waiting for me to take the opportunity to push in the new Windows x DVD I just burned Question As I am getting a bit weary from the error messages popping up related to the GPT stuff and the BIOS settings does anyone have any recommended settings for the following so that I could expect a first time Windows installation and an evenings TV viewing instead of banging my head Gigabyte 970A-DS3P BIOS settings to install Windows 10 to fresh MBR disk ?? against a brick wall BIOS Features Boot Mode Selection Storage Boot Option Control Other PCI Device ROM Priority Peripherals OnChip SATA Type SATA Hot Plug on PORT etc I'm thinking of starting with everything in Legacy mode and crank it up from there as I go along What do you think tia

A:Gigabyte 970A-DS3P BIOS settings to install Windows 10 to fresh MBR disk ??

What size is the hard drive?
You'll need to use GPT if your drive is over 2 tb or partition the drive into 2 - 1 gig partitions

Here is a .pdf link for your mother board, it explains most of the bios settings, where they are and what the default settings should be
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...3p_v.2.x_e.pdf
If you have the free version of windows 10, you have to upgrade it from Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 first. If you have already done this then your all set to install a clean copy of 10
You should use AHCI mode, and you can get the drivers from Gigabyte's web site here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=5216#dl

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/gigabyte-970a-ds3p-bios-settings-install-windows-10-fresh-mbr-disk-276102/
Relevancy 69.66%

I tried to booting the computer Block error checksun BIOS BIOS Boot Award and received the Award Boot Block Bios and BIOS checksun error BIOS checksun error Award Boot Block BIOS It detects the cdrom but I don t have the CD Where can I get the cd like where to download it HP Media Center Windows XP SP Motherboard ASUS P LP-LE LimeStone Pentium D I don t remember the rest I found the site for the motherboard http h www hp com ewfrf wc cc us amp product amp dlc en amp docname c Backgorund I was having some probelms which the computer wouldn t start at all and a really loud sound the fan made so I called my insurance and they came and change the mother board twice and added a new cooling fan and power supply All this took two months for waiting for the parts and making an appoinment with the tech After replacing the motherboard twice the tech told me I m gonna order new harddrive I don t think is the motherboard or the fan Before leaving he suggested me to call me inusrance and tell them that you want a new computer cause its been more than two months and there has been four calls already So I called the insurance and got a new computer and kept the old one A week after receiving my new computer I took the old one for repair but at didn t at the end after they told me how much it would cost me to get it fix Now I m deciding to do it myself but I boot the computer and received something about Award Boot Block Bios I remember the tech putting a cd to the computer when he tried booting it up Where can I get a copy of the cd or is there a site to download it from Before I installing a new harddrive and XP Vista if i can i need the cd nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

i have a computer i got from my aunt, when the computer starts up, at the top of the screen it says award modular BIOS v4.51PG

at the bottom it says: 08/21/1998-ALADDIN5-2A5KKB0DC-00

i want to know if there is an update for the bios, because i want to use a Maxtor 80GB hard drive.

Relevancy 66.22%

ive been having probs with xp, and i think i need to disable the onboard sound on my moboard. but there is nothing in the bios that allows this to happen. any ideas?

A:Award BIOS help

go in to BIOS in advanced/onboard PCI Devices Control and that brings up Onboard PCI Audio, then disable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-bios-help.97564/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an ancient machine which has a major problem at the moment. It stems from the fact that I removed the CMOS battery in an attempt to reset the BIOS password which was lost. The BIOS is Award BIOS and no back door password works even though I tried hundreds off the net.
I reinstalled the CMOS after 10 min or so and switched the machine on only to find a blank screen and a continuous intermittent beeping...each beep lasting 3 secs or so....thats all it does..cannot boot to windows cannot enter the BIOS....NOTHING...
Any ideas?????

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi guys, got a problem, which needs to be resolved ASAP.

I'm not being able to boot from a WinXP CD. CD is working 100% fine, boot sequence is set correct. Even if I set to disable any other boot media but CDROM, GRUB still shows up. I can do fine on linux, but I need win to continue working.

A:award bios: not being able to boot from CD

hey spektrum, what you can do for now is to use a bootup disc (like for win98se) and then just run the winxp disc from there.

you can do this by using a floppy disk::
ftp://infas.lzuu.lt/Boot_disk/win98se/boot98se.exe
(win98se boot-up disk)

or a usb flash stick::
http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-bios-not-being-able-to-boot-from-cd.830680/
Relevancy 65.36%

I need to upgrade my BIOS so my 200 MHz AMD-K6 will recognize my new 20 GB hard drive. The only problem is I can't find where to get my new BIOS? Does anyone have any hints?

thanks

A:Award BIOS upgrade

Generally the bios upgraded come for the motherboard manufacturer or the computer manufacturer.

You could probably get away with using a disk overlay if you can't find the bios. Most harddrive manufacturers offer them for download to install drives on older systems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-bios-upgrade.58097/
Relevancy 65.36%

hI

does anyone know the max hdd size for the award 4.51PG
and if say it was like a 10 GIG max and i installed like a 20 gig would it even recongize 10 of it?

A:Award bios 4.51PG

It depends on what version date you have on it, since it is a flashable bios.. If you find a drive it doesn't support you should be able to flash it. Newest is from Oct 2002 here:

http://www.bios-drivers.com/companies/147.htm

but I wouldn't flash it unless you definately had too. Better find out the model of your motherboard as well since the manufaturer may have made a few changes to the generic bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-bios-4-51pg.123806/
Relevancy 65.36%

My apologies if this has been dealt with enable BIOS USB won't Award in before I ve spent days trying to get a Belkin F U USB Port USB card to work in conjunction with Windows se Processor Model AMD-K tm D processor Speed MHz Performance Rating PR estimated Type Standard Mainboard Bus es ISA AGP PCI USB i c SMBus MP Support No MP APIC No System BIOS Award Software International Inc PG System System Manufacturer Product Name Mainboard First International Computer Inc VA- Chipset Model VIA Technologies Inc VT C AT MVP Apollo USB won't enable in Award BIOS VP MVP System Controller L External Cache kB Pipeline-Burst Write-Thru Front Side Bus Speed x MHz MHz data rate Total Memory MB SDRAM Memory USB won't enable in Award BIOS Bus Speed x MHz MHz data rate Windows froze on the first attempt to install After a lot of online research I found that this was a clock mismatch problem and I got it to install USB won't enable in Award BIOS after downloading a fix which was supposed to be unnecessary with se I took every reference I could find to USB out of Device Manager took the card out manually restarted shut down put the card back in started up and it installed normally The USB OPTi C PCI to USB Open Host Controller and USB Root Hub are now showing normal in Universal Serial Bus Controllers in the Device Manager No yellow exclamation marks are anywhere in the Device Manager The Award Bios shows USB Controller Disabled in Integrated Peripherals and there is no other option - I expected to be able to toggle between enabled and disabled but it won t Also disabled are various IDE options and one HDD just above the reference to the USB I tried to get a BIOS update from Award and after initially telling me we have just the thing for you boy are you going to be a happy bunny or something very similar they wrote and said we ve taken the money from your credit card but you already have the latest BIOS - or something even more similar Belkin refer me to everybody else except them Should I quit now while I m ahead The floppy disk drive is still working after all nbsp

A:USB won't enable in Award BIOS

Normally, your USB BIOS would only be required to allow BOOTing a USB HD.

Your Belkin USB is not accessed at BOOT time, so stop fussing with BIOS.

If you have modem-->router setup, then the drivers are not required at all!

Use the Modem->Router using Ethernet cable and from the router->pcs as well.

Otherwise, modem-->pc(USB connected) requires a driver.

Does this clarify/help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wont-enable-in-award-bios.70619/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have just added a new SSD drive does recognize 1720 Inspiron in modular boot bay not BIOS sequence HDD in the modular bay of my Inspiron The SSD drive in modular bay is accessible if I boot using my normal harddrive or USB DVD-ROM drive for OS installation which I managed to install on the SSD drive Once boot using my regular HDD I can see the drive is set to Disk in Windows Disk Management And my other HDDs Inspiron 1720 BIOS does not recognize modular bay HDD in boot sequence as Disk and Disk I can boot thru HDD or HDD by selecting them in boot sequence However the SSD drive is not available as part of the boot sequence in the BIOS setup or F boot sequence The BIOS though recognize that there is an SSD drive attached Inspiron 1720 BIOS does not recognize modular bay HDD in boot sequence in modular drive bay My Inspiron is using the latest A BIOS and I could not find a way to include the SSD as part of the boot sequence The boot sequence works when I put back the DVD-ROM drive which boots without any problem with any bootable CD DVD Is there any way I can make the modular bay SSD bootable other than of course putting the SSD in the HDD or HDD caddy which some thing I do not wish to do Please help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-1720-bios-does-not-recognize-modular-bay-hdd-in-boot-sequence.210955/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have just added a new SSD drive in the modular bay of my Inspiron The SSD drive in modular bay is accessible if I boot using my normal harddrive or USB DVD-ROM drive for OS installation which I managed to install on the SSD drive Once boot using my regular HDD I can see the drive is set to Disk in Windows Disk Management And my other HDDs as recognize does Inspiron 1720 bay sequence boot HDD modular not BIOS in Disk and Disk I can boot thru HDD or HDD by selecting them in boot sequence However the SSD drive is not available as part of the boot sequence in the BIOS setup or F boot sequence The BIOS though recognize that there is an SSD drive attached in modular drive bay My Inspiron is using the latest A BIOS and I could not find a way to include the SSD as part of the boot sequence The boot sequence works when I put back the DVD-ROM drive which boots without any problem with any bootable CD DVD Is there any way I can make the modular bay SSD bootable other than of course putting the SSD in the HDD or HDD caddy which some thing I do not wish to do Please help

A:Inspiron 1720 BIOS does not recognize modular bay HDD in boot sequence

I don't think so.

But, this would be best asked on the Dell Laptop forum, where there are those more familiar with Dell products and BIOS.

Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366040-inspiron-1720-bios-does-not-recognize-modular-bay-hdd-boot-sequence.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Looking for password to get into BIOS to run floppy drive.
My computer will only boot from "C"

A:BIOS passwords for Award BIOS

The password was created by whoever owns the computer. Talk to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-passwords-for-award-bios.179235/
Relevancy 64.5%

How can I update my Award BIOS?

A:Solved: Award BIOS update

I am no expert, but when I needed to update my BIOS in an old Compaq, someone here suggested to go to their website and click support. Type search what you need and it should be available with instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-award-bios-update.781202/
Relevancy 64.5%

Sometimes when I install drivers I get the message that my BIOS is out of date including updates from AMD if I go to the Phoenix site it says go to the motherboard manufacturer or run Biosagent if you use this you pay for the update but you do get this info so is it worth e-mail gateway support using the Award winning opinion BIOS boisagent or just leave well alone Info from biosagent BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS Date August th BIOS ID -C PVGM-GB- A HE BC- -None BIOS OEM C PVGM-GB V - PG Chipset Athlon rev SuperIO Unknown Manufacturer Gateway Motherboard GM B System onfo OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name PAULGEORGEBA-PC System Manufacturer Gateway System Model GM B System Type X -based PC Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United Kingdom Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name PaulGeorgeBa-PC George Time Zone GMT Award winning BIOS opinion Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys

A:Award winning BIOS opinion

I checked out the BIOS Agent update, and researched it, and there are alot of complaints that the "update BIOS" is usually the same one that is available for free from the OEM, or in some cases, has bricked a system.

I suggest you not spend the money on a BIOS Agent subscription, and instead go to your OEM, and see if there is a BIOS update for your system.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/212960-award-winning-bios-opinion.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone this is my first post so bare with me I ve been trying to install Windows XP Home Edition for the last couple of weeks without success I ve searched this forum and found some ideas from other people who are suffering the same sort of error Award How I update do BIOS.... [Resolved] messages I get and have tried the suggestions put forward by other forum [Resolved] How do I update Award BIOS.... users So far not so good I gave in and called Microsoft and they say the problem is being caused by my BIOS and I need to update it Unfortunately I am at best an intermediate computer user and am unsure exactly how to do this Can anyone help me and explain in plainest english I get lost fast when people use too much technical speak what steps I need to take in order to update my BIOS Heres what I ve got and what I ve done so far BIOSTAR M VKD motherboard Award Modular BIOS v PG vkd f I ve been to the BIOSTAR web site and downloaded the vkd f update from the M VKD page and also Awd exe but so far not done anything with them I ve read people s comments about being very careful when updating you BIOS so I m a bit worried that with my limited computer expertise I m going to do it wrong and kill my poor pooter PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a couple of years old hp I am rebuilding for a friend. The model is an Pavilion m8124n with an OEM Asus mobo. I just went to test it before installing it back into its case using the bare minimum (processor, heatsink, monitor, psu, one stick of ram and a keyboard). As I powered it on, it began beeping. One short beep followed by one long beep then a short pause then it repeats. I did not see anything on the monitor.

I tried to google the code but was unsuccessful. I need to know what the issue is whether be ram, video or mobo.

Please help!!!

Motherboard Specifications, M2N68-LA (Narra2) HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8124n Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (Canada - English)#

A:Award BIOS Post Codes

i seen this before it is the hard drive

let me get the correct web page

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/49248-award-bios-post-codes.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey, I keep getting a screen that says Award BIOS on it, some sort of setup screen every time I turn my pc on.

It has options for 2 different cpu speeds to be selected each time, with various other options associated with the F1, F2 etc buttons.
I manage to get past the screen by saving settings and xp loads as normal, but no matter what I do, it keeps coming on each time I startup the PC.

What's going on?

Specs:

-Athlon xp2200+ 1.36Ghz
-1GB RAM
-30.6 GB HD remaining out of 80GB
-nvidia geForce 4ti4200 128mb graphics card
-ASUS A7v333 motherboard

A:Award BIOS screen on startup

Open the System Configuration Utility and check your boot paths

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/award-bios-screen-on-startup-183477.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm trying to install a Quantum Fireball model LCT15 (15gig) hard drive into a system with a Matsonic motherboard with an Award version 4.51 BIOS. Questions:

1. Do I need to download and install utility to flash the bios?
2. If not...how do I set it up? The system sees it, but it locks at "verifying dma data".
3. If I do need to flash the bios...can someone point me to the flash upgrade on the net?

Thanks,

Dan

Relevancy 64.5%

Oh no...
A friends pc, with bios password. I've replaced the battery to get rid of the password. Pc gives one long and three short beeps while booting, and stops after that. I've checked the videocard - without success.
Who can help me out of this?

Relevancy 64.5%

My mums computer has all of a sudden been getting a Phonix - AwardBios V6.00PG page when starts. It has all the usual stuff in it about hardware etc but has never done this before? It has a "Press F2 to continue" and a " Press F1 to enter set up" at the bottom.
When you press F2 it then goes to a selection of 2 what i think are operating systems to use to bootup. Yet it onlyhas the 1 on the HD.
I am lost here.
Thanks in Advance

Relevancy 64.5%

I just purchased a 30 gig ata 100 maxtor hdd.The award bios on my m7vkb biostar board is june of 2000.Auto detect worked fine??The drive went in as lba/30737mb.Thats the same as default.I used maxblast to make 1 partition.I inserted a win98 boot disk to get the cdrom driver,typed 'setup' and then windows said '30,706,386,512 bytes'=28.5 gigs. 30,737,000,000 is what I thought it should say.What happened to 21mb?
Is it the fat system that rounds these numbers off to suit the windows operating system,or did I do something wrong? Another thing is I have 16mb clusters.How would I change them to 32 mb? Would 32 give better performance? My bios is so up to date that I can't enter any settings on the ide devices manually except access mode.The drive shows up as a generic ide disk also.HELP!!!I know a little about computers but I don't know alot more.

Relevancy 64.5%

first of all , please forgive me if this is a re - post . before this thread gets modified, please point me to a helpful post instead .

so , I ' m trying to install windows xp on a very old p3 with no usb port on the casing . so , i have to use an external hardware ( please see screenshot ) to be able to use usb . i ' ve verified the usb to be bootable . but the problem now is the BIOS doesn ' t seem to show the option to boot from USB ( screenshot ) . i ' m not able to use CD / DVD to boot since the upper IDE slot is not working - fixing it is not an option for me . the hardware to use USB must be okey ( already checked with replacements ) . the HDD is blank so i can ' t enter windows to update BIOS either . any help in this situation would be really appreciable . thanks in advance .

A:P3 Award BIOS Has No Usb Boot Option

USB not showing on boot menu

USB boot support came way after P3's went to market...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313735-p3-award-bios-has-no-usb-boot-option.html
Relevancy 64.07%

The file downloaded as a 182 KB file with the filename
8052k1214.zip
and subsequently unzipped into a 256 KB file with the filename
2k1214w5.bin.

How do I run and use this file?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 64.07%

I recently turned on my pc and it went straight to the award bios instead of windows desktop It was on the advanced tab In the middle of the screen of into pc windows/fans bios instead award below threshold goes was a square that said in it quot manual quot and below it it said quot quot To the right there s pc goes into award bios instead of windows/fans below threshold a message that says something about pc goes into award bios instead of windows/fans below threshold me having to choose the cpu speed due to a new cpu being installed But pc goes into award bios instead of windows/fans below threshold I haven t installed anything In order for me to work on my pc I have to select either quot manual quot or quot quot exit and save changes Then the pc works fine But I have to do this every single time I power up my pc I also noticed the date and time are incorrect in windows and bios Went to bios and adjusted both No luck Did a system restore-no luck Any help would be greatly appreciated specs Windows XP Pro asus p pe-x mb ghz p gb ddr ram gb maxtor hd and gb western digital hd nbsp

A:pc goes into award bios instead of windows/fans below threshold

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Sounds like you may have a dead cmos battery. Replace it and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-goes-into-award-bios-instead-of-windows-fans-below-threshold.49226/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so ive been here several times over the past or so years with this same issue and every time I think I have it solved but to no avail here is the issue my computer was working long bios) short? 2 beep 1 (award fine one night and in the morning it wouldnt start I click the power button and everthing sounds fine until Its suppost to give a single beep but 1 long beep 2 short? (award bios) insted it gives me long and short beeps I have an Award bios and when I went to check out what this means it says it quot Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information quot so im not sure what this means other than the video card is bad the video card is pretty new and before I go any further i guess I should say that the last time this happend I fixed it by resetting my cpu and before you say it yes I have already tried this nbsp

A:1 long beep 2 short? (award bios)

hmm

Sounds like the video card bit the bullet :dead:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-long-beep-2-short-award-bios.99547/
Relevancy 64.07%

You ll need these utilities cbrom exe bmp epa exe A simple search should lead you to something Everytime your PC starts you may be forced to see a full screen logo of the manufacturer of your motherboard or PC I m not talking about the loading screen either which you can change in Windows anyways Well say no more to these advertising with logos motherboards Award your bios: change billboards and customize your own logos If you have a mobo that uses Award bios mine is version and I don t know if this mod works for previous versions and are getting tired of the same old logo when your PC starts follow my MOD if you want to call it that Note I just learned this a few minutes ago so do this at your own risk blackeye As always back up your current bios but you should be able to download them if you don t want motherboards with Award bios: change your logos to back them up I certainly don t backup mine There are many versions of motherboards with Award bios: change your logos cbrom and I just happened to use cbrom First step is to make a bitmap logo that s x bit and make sure you save it as bmp The file size of my logo was kb so make yours the same until everything works out fine For simplicity put cbrom exe your bios file and the bitmap file in the same directory In a dos prompt change to the directory where the files are located Type cbrom your bios file logo your bitmap file If everything worked out you shouldn t see any error message Basically what this does is replace the old logo with the new one inside the bios file Next step is to flash your bios and see if every thing worked out fine or maybe not If you want to go a bit deeper you can also change the small Energy Star compliant logo in the top-right corner of the screen after the initial logo is displayed This step is a bit more involving and I don t have time to show the details since I ll be going to school in a few minutes Remember the Golden rule never blame erwin rolleyes If you don t like your logo simply reload the old firmware nbsp

A:motherboards with Award bios: change your logos

Originally posted by erwin1978
Note: I just learned this a few minutes ago so do this at your own risk. Click to expand...

What is the source of your info?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards-with-award-bios-change-your-logos.1049/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi all
when i turn my comp on this messag eappear

award plug and play BIOS extension V1.0A

and i cand do anything just restart and long press to turnoff
plzzz
helllllllllllp?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-plug-and-play-bios-extension-v1-0a.558403/
Relevancy 64.07%

BIOS Question

I have an Abit BX-133 RAID motherboard which has Soft Menu III. I wanted to alter something in the Soft Menu III setup, but all the options, apart from CPU Operating Frequency and Spread Spectrum Modulated, are unavailable for me to alter. I can see them but can't change them. I opened my PC up and checked that all the DIP switches were set to the OFF position as it states in the manual. Can anyone tell me how to make these options available? For you information, I just wanted to alter the AGP transfer mode option.

Cheers.

Si

Pentium III 933MHz
Windows Me
Abit BX-133 Raid Motherboard
ASUS V8200 GeForce 3 (28.32 Drivers)
256 MB Ra,

A:Award Bios Soft Menu III question

On some of those utilities, they are written for several different models of motherboards. Some functions may not be availible to you ever because of your model of board. I have a Giga-Byte board with Easy Tune III and cannot use it with XP until they update the bios. Short answer may be, your out of luck. If I find any more info I will let you know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/award-bios-soft-menu-iii-question.1169/
Relevancy 64.07%

When this PC has sat in a releativly cool enviroment, it will boot up just fine. But let it get warmed up good, say having it on for 5-8 minutes and it will not boot up!

It gives the "Award Boot Block BIOS V1.0" and will not go any further.

The BIOS is "Award Modular" Version 6.00P

Do I have a chipset problem? Do I just need to update the BIOS?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

A:Award Boot Block BIOS Error

Correction to BIOS Version above: should read 6.00PG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-boot-block-bios-error.546816/
Relevancy 64.07%

For the last 2-3 months, I've been using my newly build computer without a hitch. Yesterday, went to fire it up and nothing a split second of juice then nothing. Opened up the case and read the error code on the motherboard AW9D-Max.

The error code 8.2. means "Enable ATX Power Supply". Unfortunately, this discription is terribly vauge....did my power supply crap out on me? Can you have a bad power supply and still have some juice running to it?

I'm starting to think that the answer can only be found by someone else who had to deal with this...getting nowhere fast with Abit.

Power Supply: Antec Neo HE550

A:Post Code 8.2. (abit award bios)

2 posts on this problem mmarshall

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/post-code-8-2-abit-award-bios.72682/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I was looking to update my motherboard drivers and there i found update for
my BIOS. My mobo is MSi K8N NEO4 Platinum [MS-7125] 1.0. I downloaded update for BIOS, and i got 4 files: 7125 - Text document that says what is that update doing. it says: This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
- Improve compatibility problem with nVidia graphic card
- Improve stability problem when doing overclock behavior.
Im getting a new nVidia gpu, and + my system is unstable when oc so i really need this update. I also got a exe. file, and some 160. file. when i click that exe file nothing happens. Last file i got is called How To Flash the BIOS.doc. Do i have to read that file in order to update bios?? I dont understand English very well, is FLASHING bios updating BIOS?

A:How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

Unless you are having a problem that the BIOS update will solve, I recommend not flashing the BIOS. There is a risk. If something goes wrong with the flash whether it's your mistake or a power outage or something else, your motherboard could become useless. This is a risk especially if you are not sure how to read the instructions on how to do it.

Do you have a problem that you think updating the BIOS will fix?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-update-phoenix-award-bios-v6-00pg.143414/
Relevancy 63.21%

switch the power on and nothing happens except for a continuous beeping. any ideas?
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 98 Second Edition (H3660) [WIN98SE]

MOTHERBOARD: RM Aopen MX36LE MicroATX VIA Apollo PLE133 Chipset [MX36LE]

CPU: Celeron 800MHz KNI (100MHz Front Side Bus)

RAM: 64MB (SDRAM) (upgraded to 256mb)

VIDEO: VGA Integrated Via VT8601 [_ATRI2D]
SOUND: Integrated AC97 Audio (AD1885 CODEC) [0AVIAC97]

Relevancy 63.21%

i', trying to fix a friends PC - other post in this forum has provide the details however i cannot understand the boot sequence (note i am trying to fix remotely by phone)

Award Medallion BIOS v6.0, An Energy Star Ally
asus a7v-133 acpi bios revision 1005a

the boot menu
this implies a boot sequence

1) cd rom
2) floppy
3) dvd
4) ide harddrive

however, it wont boot a bootable CD or a bootable floppy - it it does is boot he hardrive - unfortunately the problem with the PC is it boots up logs in and then logs out again

cant find any manual / screen shots so i can see how to change sequence and if indeed this is the sequence.

In order to fix this PC i need to boot from the CD or floppy to copy a system file - or if all else fails rebuild the system.

other post here
http://forums.techguy.org/t279306.html

Relevancy 62.78%

hello!! i'm a newby, in need of some serious help!! i just bought a new KT333 dragon motherboard, with an athlon 2100 processor, all new everything really. i'm trying to get in to format my hard drives, and when i'm in the bios, it only shows "floppy" as my choice, and i can't get it to change the boot sequence so i can boot from the cdrom (my windows xp disk). please help! i'm tired of calling and being on hold for 30+ minutes with soyo company!! thank you in advance for any help or ideas!!

Relevancy 62.78%

I m helping someone with a machine that s not booting It has a Phoenix AwardBIOS v PC with an ECS RS- -M motherboard For some reason when the system is booted it gets past the POST and displays a quot Code E line quot message and stops I ve looked up code BIOS Award Phoenix POST Solved: Question about the quot E quot code as best as I can and it seems to mean quot Check force recovery boot quot scroll to near the bottom of the page That s cool but my question is what does quot Check force recovery boot quot actually mean and what action is needed to deal with it The system can t boot from the hard drive but CAN boot from a Linux liveCD I tested with The hard drive is a SATA hard drive maybe - GB in size and I connected it to another computer Windows XP system and ran a chkdsk on the drive and it found some corrupted files and kb in bad sectors I m Solved: Question about Phoenix Award BIOS POST code thinking the quot Code E quot message is relating to the hard drive which I think is suspect but I would like to know what the quot Check force recovery boot quot message actually means Any ideas Thanks Peace nbsp

A:Solved: Question about Phoenix Award BIOS POST code

No to sure but at a guess....it cannot find a Operating System and cannot find a recovery partition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-question-about-phoenix-award-bios-post-code.1015015/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi
I just moved my system (Asus M2N sli deluxe) to a new Antec computer case, and installed a large Noctua heat sink. Still using the same video card (Asus en7200gs). when I tried to boot up I got the error code. Makes sense b/c I don't get any video. I tried re-seating the video card and tried a different slot. No luck.

I just ordered a new video card to try out (I could use the HDMI upgrade anyways), but I have doubts that will fix it based on other inconclusive threads I have read.

What else could the problem be? Could it be the new CPU heatsink? Maybe the motherboard is bowed? Anything else I can try?

A:Award BIOS - 1 long, 2 short beeps - video error

Just try the new video card when it comes in. The beeping may mean that the motherboard is okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/award-bios-1-long-2-short-beeps-video-error.172328/
Relevancy 61.92%

I've got a PC Chips M841LR board which works fine but it won't let me install my new Xtasy 64MB Geforce 2 PCI card. I tried it in windows 2000, & now in XP. It seems like this is a common problem but I've yet to see a decent solution. Here's what I've tried,

-disabling &/or uninstalling onboard video drivers & rebooting in vga
-disabling shared video memory (default is 32MB)
-rebooting in vga then installing video card's drivers and restarting

When ever I boot back up my computer locks up with the mouse cursor in the center of the screen. PC Chip's support is not existent, I've seen supposed IRQ reassigning solutions & that confuses me a little bit. I've pretty much given up, please help!!! Thanks in advance,
-Jay Callicott

A:Can't disable Onboard Video on PC Chips M841LR Board - Award Bios, HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-disable-onboard-video-on-pc-chips-m841lr-board-award-bios-help.89141/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just flashed the BIOS for the above motherboard. My motherboard revision is 1.6. As part of the instructions it was recommended i load optimized defaults. Not realising at the time it would change some of the settings i clicked yes.

Can anyone who knows this motherboard recommend some settings to change that I haven't done already.

1) I changed the a drive to disabled as I don't have a floppy drive
2) Boot order i changed to HDD, then cd rom
3) HPET to 64 bit
4) USB Keyboard Disabled
5) USB Mouse Disabled

Should that do it and the rest is automatic or can anyone recommend anything else?

Thanks.

A:Recommended Settings for Gigabyte EX58-UDR3?

Generally speaking the settings I change are:

Disable onboard audio
Disable onboard Video
((If it has it and using hardware for these))

I also always set 1st boot device as CD Drive (this way it checks if your trying to boot from a disk before starting Windows)
2nd Boot device HD
SATA Mode AHCI
HPET 64bit
No Floppy

Also, if I were you, after the flash and setting to Optimized defaults, let it boot back to Bios and then power down completely.
Then start up and make the changes you need too.

This way, the MOBO actually restarts. Otherwise it just makes changes and keeps running
Likely not needed, but the way I prefer to do it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/71096-recommended-settings-gigabyte-ex58-udr3.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an Asus A8N-E mobo and want to flash my bios, however like I said, the Award flash utility is nowhere to be found. So how do I do it?

Relevancy 54.61%

Ok here is my current rig Gigabyte GA- DXR motherboard Can be seen at http www giga-byte com Motherboard Products Products GA- DXR htm Socket A Athlon Thunderbird GHz CPU GB PC DDR-SDRAM Maxtor GB rpm hd Soundblaster Audigy Platinum audio card Visiontek Xtasy GeForce TI MB Video card or watt power supply for the life of me I can t remember At the moment I am looking to do some upgrades Primarily I want BIOS Flash, mb Gigabyte to speed it up I looked on the Gigabyte website for CPUs and according to the site the fastest CPU that motherboard BIOS Flash, Gigabyte mb can handle will be an AthlonXP From the looks of it though it will require a BIOS flash in order to do it I have a few questions Does anyone know of any great bad aspects of the AthlonXP chip What would be the best CPU heat-sink fan solution for it Would watts be enough between the video card and that CPU or will I need to upgrade the powersupply as well I checked the BIOS version on my system and I have F which has the correct drivers settings to be able to run AthlonXP Would I be better off just getting a AthlonXP and not have to mess with the BIOS flash or should I go for the AthlonXP and upgrade the BIOS I m not sure how touchy Gigabyte motherboards are for BIOS flashing have never done one before and don t want to mess this one up as it s my main PC at home If I want to go for the BIOS flash there are a couple of different utilities on Gigabytes page One is QFlash and another is BIOS Anyone have any experience using these utilities Which is better Also On the BIOS page of the site they list the most recent version as F and can download it which I have But it is an exe file Is it as simple as throwing that exe on to the desktop of that computer and just running it or does a BIOS Flash utility still have to be used nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

f12 and delete keys are not working on boot up but will after booting to windows...
GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 6.0) AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3

A:can't Access Bios on gigabyte mb

Are you using cable USB keyboard?

Possible causes of this are:
- you are just pressing power button on PC. In windows select restart - this is real restart cycle in Windows 10. Normal power on /off is sometimes so quick you are not seeing BIOS options all.
- user is putting PC to sleep instead power off
- using wireless keyboard
- pressing Backspace instead of "Delete" key

Try these and report back

edit: if non of the above works, try to clear CMOS (take out battery, or short circuit jumper - read manual)

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/63349-cant-access-bios-gigabyte-mb.html
Relevancy 54.61%

just installing a new mother board with a XP2400 proccesor. Can do everthing but have no idea about the dip switch settings. at the moment its set to default or automatic. I cannot for the life of me understand the charts given in the gigabyte manual. can someone explain to me what the dip switch does and how I am to use and set these?
Cheers
Alastair

A:XP2400 proccessor in gigabyte GA-7VT600 - dip switch settings

Looking at the Thermal and Electrical Specifications document from AMD shows that the Athlon XP 2400+ has a an actual clock speed of 2000 MHz (2 GHz). The effective front-side bus (external) clock speed is 266 MHz, but the actual front-side bus speed is 133 MHz. As can be seen from the table in the CPU specs, the 2400+ has a multiplier of 15x. So the external clock is multiplied by 15 to get 1995 MHz (approx 2 GHz).

On page 10 of the GA-7VT600 manual, the setting for SW1 (CPU CLOCK) is referring to the front-side bus clock speed. If the CPU front-side bus clock speed is 200 MHz effective (100 MHz actual), the switch should be set to on. Otherwise (as is the case with your 2400+) SW1 should be set to off (auto).

If you have the GA-7VT600 1394, additional switch settings are shown on page 10 of the manual. The table with CLK_RATIO (for the CK_RATIO switches) simply refers to the clock multiplier of 15x. When SW1 is set to off, the settings of the CK_RATIO switches are ignored and have no effect.

Note that the motherboard BIOS setup utility shows actual clock speeds, not the effective ones.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp2400-proccessor-in-gigabyte-ga-7vt600-dip-switch-settings.218625/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Folks!

I am having trouble with my computer. i could not get to move my keyboard, once it gets to BIOS....and when i get to windows, it will freeze at the log in screen...Any idea what is going on here?

A:Gigabyte GA-P35-D3SL - cannot control BIOS

Try clearing the CMOS. Remove the button battery for a minute or two with the computer unplugged. Reinstall the battery and restart the computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-p35-d3sl-cannot-control-bios.130282/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a GA-M68MT-S2 Rev. 3.1 mobo. I am having problems with the computer locking up at times so I wanted to update the BIOS from FB to FC. I put the file to (got it from Gigabyte website for that board for the OS I am running) ... update the BIOS on a flash drive. I have it in the USB port on the mobo. When I go to Q Flash and ask it to update the BIOS it tells me drive not found. Can't do it while in windows either ... what can I do???

A:Can't Update BIOS On Gigabyte MotherBoard

1. Is the flash drive formatted FAT file system
2. QFlash

Updating the BIOS with the Q-Flash Utility

A. Before You Begin

From GIGABYTE's website, download the latest compressed BIOS update file that matches your 1. motherboard model.

Extract the file and save the new BIOS file (e.g. X79UD7.F1) to your USB flash drive or hard drive. Note: 2. The USB flash drive or hard drive must use FAT32/16/12 file system.

Restart the system. During the POST, press the <End> key to enter Q-Flash. Note: You can access Q-Flash 3. by either pressing the <End> key during the POST or pressing the <F8> key in BIOS Setup

For full details please see user guides
http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/HowToReflashBIOS.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-update-bios-on-gigabyte-motherboard.1158605/
Relevancy 54.18%

I updated this motherboard BIOS from FF to FHH by a Floppy disk image. All went well and it showed success. I then chose to power off and now whenever I power on, there's a message saying scanning for hard drive BIOS image. It doesn't go past this message, it simply powers off and goes through the same cycle all the time. I can't even get into the BIOS.

I reset the BSOD by pulling the battery and jumpering the two pins near the battery, but this doesn't help. Anyone have a resolution that will help?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-ga-m57sli-s4-rev-2-bios-issue.839738/
Relevancy 54.18%

I just got this board as part of my new system and the bios is totally confusing Gigabyte please Mobo help bios RV2 GA-N680SLI-DQ6 me I was wondering if someone good help give advice on the best way to have the settings set One of my problems is that my memory is but the mobo runs at I don t understand all the different MAC Lan amp Lan settings I have the PC going to the internet through a router so I only need one Lan but don t know which one to use and set in the bios In the bios DD v is marked as FAIL and in red I don t want to get heavily into overclocking but would like to get the best settings for my system Many thanks in advance My system Intel Core Duo E CPU x Kingston Hyper GB Kit memory MHz Gigabyte GA-N SLI-DQ RV Mobo Razer Barracuda AC- Digital Audio Card XFX PCIe GTX xXx Video card Thermaltake W Toughpower PSU WD GB SataII HD x WD GB SATAII HD Compro T HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater water cooling Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo bios help please Samsung BW quot monitor Samsung Syncmaster quot monitor Silverstone TJ Tower nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-ga-n680sli-dq6-rv2-mobo-bios-help-please.630745/
Relevancy 54.18%

I tried to install the GA-7VAX motherboard w/ 512Mb of PC3200 ram. When turning on the power all I get from the motherboard is one long beep and nothing else. I know usually 3 beeps means video problem but haven't ever had this problem.

Does anyone know where I can get the error code descriptions for this?

Or if someone knows the problem could you please share it with me?

I have looked through the motherboard manual that came with it and it has nothing about the boot error tones!?!?!?

any help appreciated.....thx

BarryOke

A:Gigabyte motherboard not booting to bios

We would have to know the BIOS brand....is it Phoenix, Award, American Megatrends...??

[EDIT} Here is what it says about Award BIOS 1 long beep=memory problems:http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/award.htm

There is a list of reccommended brands of 3200 RAM chips...look it over, did you use any of these brands? Here:http://tw.giga-byte.com/support/support_ddr400.htm
Most RAM is guaranteed- if reseating does not clear up problem, try swapping modules and slots they are in...try running with just one in. All else fails, RMA the RAM, send it back for refund or replacement...hope you get it fixed!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-motherboard-not-booting-to-bios.101504/
Relevancy 54.18%

Gigabyte 7 problem gigabyte-bios-windows GA-MA G-UD h Amd Athelon x x mb memory W psu tetabyte HD Thanks for previous tips Finally got the beast to post but having repeated problems loading windows gigabyte-bios-windows 7 problem from bootable disk Also tried with XP x bootable DVD as well as Linux bootable DVD Formatted the hard drive on another machine after each test When I try install windows itstarts to load window and says windows will now reboot to continue When it reboots it starts all over analyzing my setup When I try installing in safe mode it turns off at the same spot when loading files When I try to install UBUNTO linux it starts to install linux and turns off After each setup I tried the fans will start but I have to leave it off appr minutes before it will and post after starting Someone suggested upgrading the Bios but I don t know how to do that when I can only get to post screen without windows loaded Question is this a bios issue I have removed the battery amp shorted it when power is off Anything else I should test thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I need to replace the hard drive on a machine with the above mobo and consequently need to flash the bios for the bigger drive. I have tried to flash the BIOS but it won't change the version installed.
I assume there must be a jumper or something I need to reset to enable me to flash the BIOS but I have had a look at the manual downloaded of the gigabyte website but cannot see anything to reset.
Has anyone any suggestions what needs to be changed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-586tx3-bios-update.28242/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi. Im looking to open cores 3 and 4 on a kuma 7750 X2. this could be done by setting in BIOS option ACC to auto and EC firmware to hybride.
now I flash my board to the new bios f5a with succes but the option EC firmware is missing. any idea?

A:gigabyte ma790x-ud4p bios f5a

how do u open the 3rd and 4th cores on a kuma???
are u following a online guide or ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-ma790x-ud4p-bios-f5a.838196/
Relevancy 54.18%

My board have dual BIOS so I guess it means the spare(?) BIOS is the backup in case of crash. If that's the case do I have to set it up or is it loaded with the defaults?

A:My Gigabyte B75 motherboard with dual BIOS

Yes its basically your spare tire as far as motherboards go. Lets say you are flashing your BIOS and the power goes out. In most situations with a single Bios, this will mean your MOBO is basically dead. If this happens, you simply restart the PC and it does it automatically.

For more information, check this out:
--GIGABYTE--DUAL BIOS WEB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312419-my-gigabyte-b75-motherboard-dual-bios.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a couple of questions about my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 motherboard.

What version of ACPI does it support? I have read (and the Award BIOS agent tells me) that it is 1.0. However, I thought Vista requires ACPI 2.0, and the board does work (and is marketed to work) with Vista.

If I Flash the BIOS:

- will my mirrored RAID array be destroyed (and is it easy to rebuild without reinstalling Vista if so)?

- is OEM Vista likely to require reactivation/validation?

Grateful for any advice. Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-965p-ds4-acpi-and-bios.72996/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey all,

I've got a Gigabyte 790FX DS5 mobo and I was tweaking some stuff in the bios when I noticed an unusual option. The option is called Xpress Route. It's disabled right now and it's discription is that it improves video card performance when enabled. I searched all through my mobo manual and I can't find anything about this option. I've googled it and found nothing.
I just hesitant to turn it on because it's disabled default for a reason right? Does it cause instabilty when enabled?
Anyone have any info on this Xpress Route option?

specs: Crossfire 3870, Phenom 9600 2.3ghz, 790FX, 2gb(1066) ram......yeah it's a Spider platform.

A:Gigabyte 790FX DS5 bios question

Xpress Route enable to improve the performance up to 25% (on PCI-Express port)

But may cause overheating damage

Try at your risk

edit:
I bet tomshardware !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-790fx-ds5-bios-question.98871/
Relevancy 54.18%

hi . i seem too have something setup not correct when i run @bios and do the update from server it ends on 100% with a window that reads : Runtime error.

(as far as i could tell everything was setup properly, it just does not update through server)

i want to utilize this programe. please help

A:Windows 7 32bit / Gigabyte @BIOS

Do not update your bios through windows!! Do it from within the Bios!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251764-windows-7-32bit-gigabyte-bios.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Gigabyte has been swept into turmoil surrounding low-level security vulnerabilities that allows attackers to kill flash protection, secure boot, and tamper with firmware on PCs by Lenovo and other vendors.
Unconfirmed reports suggest the hardware vendor has used the "ThinkPwn" vulnerable code, thought to be born of Intel reference code, on four of its motherboards: Z68-UD3H, Z77X-UD5H, Z87MX-D3H, and Z97-D3H.
Researcher Dmytro Oleksiuk revealed the vulnerabilities in a post to Github stating that can “disable flash write protection and infect platform firmware, disable Secure Boot, [and] bypass Virtual Secure Mode (Credential Guard, etc.) on Windows 10 Enterprise” thanks to a flaw in the SystemSmmRuntimeRt UEFI driver.
Pwn pundit Alex James then reported that Gigabyte looks affected by the System Management Mode BIOS vulnerability saying on Twitter that many other Gigabyte models are likely affected.

Article

A:Nasty BIOS bug slugs Gigabyte, hackers say

Pretty sure I have one of these motherboard in my desktop computer (custom built). Hopefully a BIOS update will be released that will address that issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619105/nasty-bios-bug-slugs-gigabyte-hackers-say/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have a gigabyte W laptop with GeForce GS running windows bit Recently the pc started overheating to the point of automatic shutdown It seems like the fan is working in minimal speed not getting any commands from the pc itself I tried all obvious solutions including cleaning the fan heatsink and trying to control the fan speed using all kinds of software nothing laptop problem Fan/Bios Gigabyte W576 with worked Finally a guy from the Nvidia boards suggested I try updating my Bios so I did from ver G c to G G That did work and I could finally hear my fan working at high speeds Unfortunately after a few hours it stopped working again I tried updating the Bios again Also tried rolling back and updating again the Bios and nothing helped so far Please help me with this I got no more ideas and I cant afford to send my pc to a lab cause I Fan/Bios problem with Gigabyte W576 laptop need it for school Reply With Quote nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Everybody

Some years since I last posted here. Just goes to show how more reliable and stable hardware and software has become!

Here is my problem

In 2005 I bought a computer with a Gigabyte MB Model GA81915P duo pro Rev 1

This mb provides 3 IDE channels and 4 Sata channels with intel 915p chipset and Via VT6410 raid controller

The system was set up in the retailer with 1 x 160mb ide hard drive.

I have bought 2 sata hard drives that I wish to install without raid configuration and remove the ide drive. The bios set up will not allow me to enable the sata ports.

I can navigate through bios setup main menu items but cannot navigate through or change within say advance bios features, I can read them but the up down arrow keys do not work. So I cannot enable the sata ports [which are currently disabled.

Any suggestions please

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 motherboard MA785GM-USTH. I have tried several times to set the BIOS to boot first from a cd/dvd. It does not change the boot order. I continues to boot from my hard drive. I want to boot from a UBUNTU CD and I can't. Can someone help?

A:My Gigabyte BIOS won't change the boot order

My short answer here to this, is that it sounds like your BIOS needs a swift kick in the pants! Maybe the BIOS just needs a jump start, maybe to get things back on track. This is just a real quick little fix, if it works.

1. Remove the computer from power, unplug the power cord from the power supply.

2. Take the side panel off your computer case, exposing the guts of the machine.

3. Look for the motherboard, then look for a small shiny chrome colored battery.

4. Remove that chrome colored battery off the motherboard.

5. With the battery removed, take your hand and press the (power) button on the front of the case.

6. Keep that button depressed and or pushed for approx. 30 to 40 seconds, while your computer BIOS is drained of it's power and hopefully it's current setting.

7. Let off the (power) button, replace the chrome battery back onto the motherboard, replace the side panel of the case and reconnect the computer power cord to the back of the power supply.

Now turn on your computer and see if that helped take care of some things! Again, this is just one of those quick fixes that may or may not always work.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-gigabyte-bios-wont-change-the-boot-order.164757/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all This GA-X48-DS5 Bios checksum backup error - Gigabyte is my first Gigabyte board Anyhow here is what is happening just watch the vid http www youtube com watch v -jURmpBuTk So I ve left a couple of things out during the video At first I just got into BIOS and checked it out I was trying to find what speed the default memory was so I could set it to However I never made it that far w o it freezing Then I guess the BIOS got was messed up because after a couple of POSTs to BIOS and the quot normal screens quot I started getting POSTs to the Dual Bios screen That is when I read to reset CMOS take it down to one stick of Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 - Bios backup checksum error RAM and then try and Flash your BIOS with Qflash That is where I was when this video was made I haven t done anything from here Thanks all Sam my system CASE ANTEC NINE HUNDRED BK RT MB GIGABYTE GA-X -DS X RT PSU OCZ OCZ MXSP W RT CPU INTEL C Q Q M R RAM Gx Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 - Bios backup checksum error OCZ OCZ FX GK R HD G WD SATA M WD AADS CPUCOOLER ARCTIC P ACFZ -PRO R DVD LG GH LS X LS SATA GPU HIS H FT GP Radeon HD GB nbsp

A:Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 - Bios backup checksum error

Hello.

I did look at your video you posted on another forum.

I can point you to try:

The error points to:
Bad or old CMOS battery.
BIOS update.
Disconnecting power from computer without shutting down computer
Reset BIOS back to defaults and see if that fixes the issue.

Buy a new BIOS battery.

If you downloaded the Q-flash/BIOS update it maybe corrupt try redownloading.

If that is your PSU you keep pressing down and it keeps restarting the computer then you can put that under continualy bad shut downs,this can cause a mulitude of hardware issues.

JB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-ga-x48-ds5-bios-backup-checksum-error.852380/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a gigabyte motherboard model GA-7VM400M F4 I need a new Bios. Techspot has it on there website but I can't download it. im unable to find anywhere else can anyone help please?

A:Gigabyte motherboard model GA-7VM400M F4 I need a new Bios.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You should be able to find a bios update HERE.

Unless you have a specific reason for updating your bios, I don`t recommend it.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-motherboard-model-ga-7vm400m-f4-i-need-a-new-bios.60138/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi people.
Can anyone tell how I would go about updating my BIOS?
I need to update it to fully support my AMD FX-4100 Processor.
This is the motherboard http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3907#ov
I have gone onto where it says downloaded and I downloaded the latest BIOS
But when I clicked run nothing happened, Is this meant to happen?
and I don't want to have to flash my BIOS as a lot of places say its a bad thing to do, unless that is the only way of doing it?
Also, how do you find out what is your current BIOS? I thought it told you when you went in the BIOS but I couldn't see it anywhere?

Please could someone help me. Thanks!

Relevancy 53.32%

Hellow so today i orderd my first gaming pc i was really happy until i tried messing with it so i started messing with it because i was having problems opening up BIOS everytime i restarted my computer i held shift while restarting also i spammed i held onto all the keys imaginable while Gigabyte ( Motherboard CMOS errors BIOS and ) my computer was restarting to try to open up the bios it kinda Gigabyte Motherboard errors ( CMOS and BIOS ) worked it showed up the big pointer arrow that BIOS has but after that it Gigabyte Motherboard errors ( CMOS and BIOS ) turned pitch black so Gigabyte Motherboard errors ( CMOS and BIOS ) after that i started looking for tutorials on what i could do to make it work so i found a brilliant tutorial remove de CMOS he said after i removed the cmos when i turn on my computer it apears the gigabyte logo and pitch black it goes nothing happens i dont have pendrive or a cd reader i can use i can probably get a pendrive easily what can i do to get this to work i need help i have been the past HOURS working on this looking at a black screen cannot help but shed some tears specs processor intel i - motherboard GIGABYTE GA-B M-D PH CHIPSET B gpu gigabyte gtx x gb ram kingston HyperX what do i have to do i didnt not understand what i did and i found no explanation for what happend either besides that i cleared the CMOS i thought my BIOS was locked and i had to clear the CMOS to be able to access the BIOS again i have the graphics card and the mother board's cd's with me if i have to use them can i it be done with a pendrive any help would be insanely appreciated in my moments of helplessness

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/gigabyte-motherboard-errors-cmos-bios-4605201/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I'm new to building PC's so bear with me... Im building a small server computer with an Gigabyte E-350 motherboard and I wondered what type of keyboard I'll need to set the bios up. Can I use just any plug-and-play usb keyboard wired/wireless, or will I need an old school keyboard with the round pinned connector (S/PDIF is it?). If your all wondering why I am asking this, its because the motherboard has not turned up in the post yet.

I was looking at something extremely small so I can hide it away, as I will only need it for accessing the bios, as I will be accessing this machine via a web browser/network using an open-source program called FreeNAS once the bios has been setup.

Thanks in advance

A:Keyboard Query For Bios Setup With Gigabyte E-350

If it is this board GIGABYTE GA-E350N-USB3 Motherboard/CPU Combo Motherboard/CPU Set - Newegg.com a USB or PS-2 keyboard should work. (S-PDIF is an audio connector I believe.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S/PDIF

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/283438-keyboard-query-bios-setup-gigabyte-e-350-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Quick question. I have a Z77-D3H motherboard. I have been having crashes, mostly when playing BF4 and when the game starts up. When I mean crashes, I am talking about a hard shutdown and reboot. I did a memtest-no issues. PSU is relatively new. I was just playing around in BIOS tonight and saw that my OS was set to "Other OS"-I then selected Windows 8 option and I have been playing bf4 without it crashing. Literally I didn't have that option set when I first came home from work and it crashed on me 3 times in a row without even getting into the game.

I never heard of this before or else I would have looked in there...could that have been causing crashes?

System is I73770K
16 GB Ram
GTX 660 graphics card
Windows 8.1.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42050-gigabyte-mb-windows-8-os-option-bios-crashes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I need some help!!!!!!!!!

I found a BIOS updation program in my Mother board cd... whn i updated my BIOS and restarted my comp.... it doesnt even show the flash screen... what might be wrong??.... What should i do to revert to old BIOS settings??... plz help....
my thanks in advance...

A:Trouble after updating BIOS (Gigabyte Mobo)

You will have to take out your BIOS ROM chip and reprogram/replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-after-updating-bios-gigabyte-mobo.27561/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone,

I built some months ago a new desktop computer. But I got some different BSOD. So, I tried to fix them by updating drivers, testing RAM with Memtest, testing Hard Drive and use MalwareByte to find threats. But I still have the problem. Yesterday, I found on Gigabyte website that Core i5 4430 processor needs F8 BIOS to work correctly. I updated the Gigabyte BIOS from F5 version to F8 version. I did a BIOS backup before doing this. Now, I have the folowing problem: I had two BSOD (one yesterday evening and one this morning). Both are 0x00000124 BSOD. I think they are BIOS-update related.

How can I solve my problem ? I put in attachement all the files generated by DM Log Collector.

A:BSOD 0x00000124 after BIOS update on Gigabyte H87-UD3

0x124's are usually always hardware errors.

Run this CPU stress test on the VERY HIGH TEST setting and upload a screen capture image once it is complete:
CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338699-bsod-0x00000124-after-bios-update-gigabyte-h87-ud3.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys whenever I boot up my Gigabyte X48-DS4 I always get this BIOs screen that says like "SATA AHCI BIOs iSRC v1.07 Intel corporation blah blah" (something of that nature) that takes like 10 seconds to detect all my devices (My Harddrive and HDDVD/Bluray drive)

Is there anyway I can get rid of this screen, or shorten the time the computer stays on it? It really prolongs boot up time.

If needed: I have a Gigabyte X48-DS4 with a 750GB 7200.11 Seagate Barracuda harddrive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-x48-sata-ahci-bios-quesiton.747731/
Relevancy 52.89%

Need major help here I used the bios update program that update bios Gigabyte problems EP35C-DS3R now gigabyte Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R bios update now problems gives you on cd called bios I wanted to check for a bios update because with this new build it would not Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R bios update now problems boot up with sticks So I just put in one and got it to post and boot I then installed vista bit home prem then installed motherboard drivers from supplied cd Everything was fine but when I tried the same boot with the other stick of memory in it wouldn t boot I figured it was a bios setting Maybe have to bump the voltage a bit or something But first I used the bios software to check if there was a newer bios It found one and which was F b and now I find out the quot b quot is for beta but its quot supposed quot to be stable Anyway the bios update seemed to go fine It downloaded and installed then it said it would now restart Well it now just sits on a black screen saying its searching for the bios file or version or something like that and it does nothing and goes nowhere I tried many times I pulled out one stick of memory and left the one good one in and tried again Still the same I ended up clearing cmos and tried again Same problem Anybody use this bios update process before and really does anybody know how to get back to being able to start up my machine again I just want to be able to get in and load the old bios file that the bios program made a backup of and is sitting in quot my docs quot What or where do I look for way out of this nasty loop nbsp

A:Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R bios update now problems

Thanks for the link Zenosincks. I gave everything a shot. Tried every combo possible. Also, don't see a bios clear on this board. The board is now on it way to "The Egg" and replacement following shortly.
I'm keeping the F2 bios on the next board and not even going to screw with it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ep35c-ds3r-bios-update-now-problems.102349/
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently ordered a custom computer with the following specs Case Antec P ATX Black Mid Tower Motherboard Gigabyte EP -DS R Memory OCZ Reaper Hpc Edition PC - DDR GB X GB DDR - CL - - - Dual Channel EPP Memory Processor Intel Core Quad Q Quad Core Processor LGA Kentsfield GHZ FSB MB Hard DriveWestern Digital Caviar SE GB SATA RPM MB OSMicrosoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition BIT DVD OEM Graphics CardDiamond Radeon HD MB GDDR PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out It came with everything supposedly checked to make sure it was running fine Well when I first went to boot up it didn't give me - Gigabyte BIOS GA-EP45-DS3R Issues updating MB the POST beep and it went as far as the vista loading bar then a black screen and nothing I reset Issues updating MB BIOS - Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R it and tried once more and it did the same thing I turned it off pulled everything out and reseated it and it started up and launched into Vista I thought I had fixed it but once I rebooted again the same problems occurred After doing some reading on the Gigabyte site it appears it's a common problem with the MB and all I have to do is update the BIOS and everything will be fine After I downloaded the correct file from the site I tried to run the flasher from the desktop and it tells me it's not compatible with a bit OS I have no idea what to try now how can I update my MB BIOS if it won't update on a bit OS I don't have another HD with a bit OS I can install and I don't have a floppy drive to try and do it from DOS Any ideas

A:Issues updating MB BIOS - Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R

what bios are you currently running? is it F8? I had a similar problem building a rig for a mate with that mobo i had to drop the memory speed a little using the divider in bios , try that and see how it goes , they have a problem with 1066 ram i think , but it seems from the site an update has solved it , worth a quick try though

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/171436-issues-updating-mb-bios-gigabyte-ga-ep45-ds3r.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am installing Windows 8 and the Gigabyte mainboard gives three options regarding the OS

Which one to choose??

Originally Posted by BIOS

Windows 8 Features
Other OSWindows 8Windows 8 WHQL

Obviously it is one of the Windows 8 options. Both will unlock a few new settings like the Compatibility Support Module (CSM) or (not visible on the screenshot) Secure Boot. But the new options are exactly the same if WHQL is chosen or not.

The manual very helpful and I am being sarcastic here.

Originally Posted by "Gigabyte GA B85M-HD3 Manual

OS Type
Allows you to select the operating system to be installed. (Default: Other OS)

So, which to chose and why and what do they do?

A:Confusing WHQL BIOS setting on GIGABYTE mainboards

From what the attachment show, I would say the Windows 8 setting would be for the Windows 8 Secure Boot only, or may be considered as Windows 8 UEFI only. In this mode, Windows 7 would not be allowed, Secure Boot Certified OSes, such as Windows 8 or Ubuntu 13.04 would. You can test by booting to a Windows 7 Install DVD in the UEFI configuration. It may allow the boot up to a point (possibly the 4 colors coming together) but should throw an error message or put you back into the bios setup if Windows 8 secure boot is active.

Windows 8 WQHL is probably restricted to a UEFI boot but will allow Windows 7 or other Non-secure boot OSes in UEFI mode.

The other is for other OSes and may be needed for Legacy (MBR) systems.

The important thing to watch is the CSM. If it is disabled, you are in Windows 8 Secure Boot. If it is enabled, you will be able to boot Windows 7.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/39857-confusing-whql-bios-setting-gigabyte-mainboards.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I want to make my IDE the primary hard drive and SATA the secondary. By default windows selects the SATA but I have issues with partitions and I want to use the IDE instead.
In my advanced features bios I am given three boot devices to choose as I will, but if I want to boot from a hard drive it doesn't give me a choice so it selects primary device being the SATA.
The standard cmos features show the SATA on channel 0 master and i'm given three options - none, auto and manual. Nowhere do I see an option to change the IDE to primary. How do I do this?
I have a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l mobo

A:Cannot change boot disc priority in Gigabyte BIOS

In the Advanced BIOS Features you have First boot device; Second boot device; Third boot device. Take a look at the item just above those: Hard Disk Boot Priority

Highlight it and press "Enter." You should see all your hard drives listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-change-boot-disc-priority-in-gigabyte-bios.151847/
Relevancy 52.89%

I was just wondering does anyone know how to use the gigabytes X58A-UD3R's bios to adjust memory timings? when i started up my computer (that i just built) the memory (OCZ 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 Gold 8-8-8-24 - http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr3_pc3_12800_gold_low_voltage_triple_channel) was only running at 1066MHz and the timings were 7-7-7-16. So does anyone know with the bios how to change them to the correct ones listed? I believe you do it in the MB Intelligent Tweeker menu.

A:Gigabyte x58a-ud3r - bios and memory timings

anyone? even for any other of the new gigabyte motherboards? because im pretty sure the bios is pretty similar across all of them (the newer ones anyway)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-x58a-ud3r-bios-and-memory-timings.930320/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi
I have a perfectly working card, but now it's a brick as I flashed it by an accident.
I need a bios of the 128mb version of X1300.
Please try to help me - If anyone has this card, please pm me - If you don't know how to extract it's bios, I will show you, it's very simple and will not damage your card.
GV-RX13128D-RH
Already contacted Gigabyte's Techsupport, they want me to RMA the video card, too bad it's out of warranty, they are less than helpful and since I don't want to start cursing, I will stop here about their support.

A:Gigabyte's ATI Radeon X1300 128mb - bios needed

you can dump the card's BIOS easily with GPU-Z, so if you can't find the right file your best bet may be to just buy another one, used. i can't seem to dig up any BIOS files on any of Gigabyte's international sites or on Tech PowerUp either, and I don't have an X1300 but i may know someone who does. i will post back if i find anything out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabytes-ati-radeon-x1300-128mb-bios-needed.156156/
Relevancy 52.46%

Can anyone provide me with screen shots of how i should set up my bios for 64 bit as i have had issues and had to remove the cmos battery .

A:Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R V2.0 Quad Core Bios setup from scratch

Sorry its a q6600

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/274603-gigabyte-ga-p35-ds3r-v2-0-quad-core-bios-setup-scratch.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I ve recently installed a SATA gb Seagate disk amp a gb Western Digital HD suffice to say I messed up the xp install several times In the end I had the OS spread across drives boot drive and system drive unintentionally I ve also installed a new Zalman cpu fan heat temps c idle Ever since then my machine takes at least seconds from when I press the power button to when the BIOS actually beeps It also takes ages to detect my HD s I was originally Boot/BIOS time GA-K8nspro Long initialisation Gigabyte for running the F BIOS no probs until this incident I reflashed to f and now when I boot the the Long Boot/BIOS initialisation time for Gigabyte GA-K8nspro xp complains that I have a quot Missing or Corrupt c windows system hal dll quot dead I realise that this is Long Boot/BIOS initialisation time for Gigabyte GA-K8nspro pretty terminal But when I used gigabytes dual bios thingy and booted from the backup F revision XP loads fine but it still takes ages to initialise ie beep and the HD s still take ages to detect sometimes not at all knock It just seems generally flaky on boot Anyone have any ideas any help would be greatly appreciated cheers Athlon fsb s Gigabyte GA-K ns pro Rev F at the moment MB Corsair CMX - C x Gigabyte x pro MB Jeantech w PSU nbsp

A:Long Boot/BIOS initialisation time for Gigabyte GA-K8nspro

given my past experiences with said problem/board (you'r eno tthe first this axact thing has happened to), i'd say the board is bad and needs to be returned. it happened to me on pcs i was building for people on 6 non-consecutive occasions, all with the same gigabyte board as you. after much testing, i acertained that there was an electrical fault within the board's pcb and replacing the board fixed the problem every time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-boot-bios-initialisation-time-for-gigabyte-ga-k8nspro.29460/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Gigabyte Z X UD H motherboard and the USB ports developed problems The motherboard has separate USB connectors that can be used for front panel USB ports The front panel in my case a Coolermaster has two USB ports One port developed an intermittent - it would connect and then Windows and would report the external hard drive required formatting and then would reverb back to fixed Gigabyte Problems on Post USB 3.0 BIOS - a Info Update MB displaying the drive contents On the second port I would get a message that if I connected the device the external hard drive to a port it would work faster I tried the separate USB interface that was supplied by Gigabyte with the motherboard and the same results Info Post - BIOS Update fixed USB 3.0 Problems on a Gigabyte MB I have another PC with USB ports and the device worked OK on that PC I went through all Info Post - BIOS Update fixed USB 3.0 Problems on a Gigabyte MB motherboard port connections and got the same thing I had the latest Intel drivers but I reinstalled them with no help I tried the Intel motherboard chipset drivers and no help I had the latest BIOS version and reinstalled it with no help and resetting the CMOS memory did not help I contacted Gigabyte with the problem and was issued an RMA but held off as the PC with the problem is my recording studio system and it would have been an issue to have it out of service for an extended period and although I have an USB device it wasn't something I couldn't live without so I never used the RMA and let it expire I decided to look into the USB port issue again tried the USB device and got the same errors I checked on Intel USB drivers but there was no update I was on the Gigabyte site yesterday to see if any driver updates had been issued and noticed there were two quot Beta quot BIOS updates - neither mentioned anything about USB but I decided to upgrade the BIOS just to see After the BIOS update the USB ports now are back working properly I don't usually suggest BIOS updates to users because of the potential for problems should the BIOS update fail and corrupt the BIOS but in this case the Beta version update fixed a problem

A:Info Post - BIOS Update fixed USB 3.0 Problems on a Gigabyte MB

Hi fireberd .. Just curious did the BIOS update say "Beta BIOS", there is a BIOS update to "Improve USB legacy support".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/303763-info-post-bios-update-fixed-usb-3-0-problems-gigabyte-mb.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Guys I am new here to this forum and i really hope you can help me out here If you take a look at this topic http www techspot com vb topic html you will see a description that looks a lot like my problem The only thing different is that anymore Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 startup bios doesn't flashed, I have a Gigabyte GA-K NS- motherboard I have used Bios Flash files before on other motherboards and experienced no problems but as of days ago the problems began I ll start with the beginning I was playing Battle Field when suddenly my pc crashed into a BSOD I rebooted the machine and it worked again then after a few minutes again a BSOD but now when i rebooted it said the Windows System folder was not accessible or missing I should repair this with the Windows Installation CD So i did Repairing worked according Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 bios flashed, doesn't startup anymore to Windows reboot same error message I ended up with a complete re-installation of Windows no problem there since my pc was getting a little bit slower and reinstallation Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 bios flashed, doesn't startup anymore was inevitable in the near future But then the second problem came My Videocard ASUS A - MB did not have the right drivers so i installed them Still i couldn t play Battlefield which made me sad I had tried everything else but nothing worked So someone mentioned a Bios Flash I had done that before on other motherboards with success so i thought piece of cake done in minutes Bios Update F downloaded from the Gigabyte site after the DOS-installation my pc rebooted saying my Memory modules had changed from Dual Memory to Single Memory What the After initializing the Hard drives and my cd-rom and DVD-R player it comes to the point of looking if there is a bootable CD-rom-disc in either of my players If there is it will boot from CD and if there isn t Windows will startup But just at that point my computer started to reboot and retry the whole process again So tonight i tried to flash the Bios again untill now i still could access the Bios with DEL-key flashed it again with Version F found on Gigabyte site That s the point where i am now if i reboot the machine now after the Bios Flash succeeded message it doesn t show anything anymore i can t use my keyboard to go into Bios nothing I tried to reset my CMOS with the three quot soldered quot points on my MB but also that doesn t do the trick I removed the battery and tried it again but still no luck Here are my specs Mobo Gigabyte GA-K NS- Proc AMD Athlon x Kingston Dimm MB DD I think i have to look for another motherboard but hope someone can tell me what to do Thanks Martin sharks nbsp

A:Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 bios flashed, doesn't startup anymore

Try the other options in this Q&A:

My computer has failed to start up, its power LED, case and processor fans, and the reset button don't work. Is this caused by a motherboard failure? -

http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/MotherboardProblems.htm#failed

Do the fans work properly?

If they do, also test the RAM with a utility such as Memtest86

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-k8ns-939-bios-flashed-doesnt-startup-anymore.38342/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
When I press Restore Settings button in BIOS setting (through F2 when Dell logo is displayed at booting) then the dialog with two options is shown:

BIOS Defaults
Factory Settings

What is the difference about these two options (BIOS Defaults vs. Factory Settings) please?
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984839
Relevancy 51.17%

Good evening!
A week ago I reinstalled Windows 7 in EFI mode on my laptop, and now I've got this problem: whenever I turn on my computer after a shutdown, the BIOS says "System Resuming" instead of "Press F2 to enter settings". This makes impossible for me to access BIOS settings. Previously, my BIOS used to say "System Resuming" only after a hibernation. The weird fact is that - as far as I remember - this thing started happening only after a few days.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance :-)

A:I can't access BIOS settings because BIOS assumes Windows is resuming

Try doing a shutdown command from a CMD window, or Start button / Run
The command is shutdown /s

See if entering the command manually makes a difference in how it starts up

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343868-i-cant-access-bios-settings-because-bios-assumes-windows-resuming.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys I restored an image created with Macrium Reflect on my wife's computer Custom build with Asus P Z -V LX mother board and everything went fine until rebooting when i got to the quot Please press DEL BIOS access UEFI Cannot Bios, to settings or F2 DEL enter press Please or F to enter UEFI BIOS settings quot then everything stopped I have tried F DEL F F just about Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings all the F combinations and nothing works I have two SSD drives one with Win Pro and one with Win Pro not connected at the same time and neither of them will boot up I have tried changing the jumper pins from and to and for sec to clear the RTC Ram in CMOS then returned then to and and tried rebooting no change so i removed the battery and repeated the jumper pin swap then reinstalled the battery and still no change cannot get passed press DEL or F to access the BIOS settings I even downloaded the latest BIOS and updater as shown and put them on a USB flash drive together and tried the Macrium Rescue disk and still nothing happened and it will not open the BIOS maybe i got it all wrong I was hoping someone here might know how to put it right i am out of idea's and any help would be greatly appreciated System Specs Intel Core i K Ivy Bridge GHz MB Motherboard Asus P Z -V LX LGA ATX Motherboard Memory G Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings Skill GB Kit x GB DDR Ripjaws X C MHz Samsung Series GB quot mm SSD SATA x Win and Win Storage Drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX quot TB MB RPM Graphics Card Leadtek Quadro MB DVI DP Optical Drive LG CH LS x Black SATA Blu-Ray Combo Drive Retail Pack Card Reader Shintaro in quot Sound Card Integrated Gigabyte GZ-X Black Mid Tower Case - Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings W PSU Power Supply XFX Core Edition Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional OEM Bit Anti Virus Trend Micro Maximum Security Keyboard amp Mouse Microsoft Wireless Desktop Monitor Asus VE H quot Full HD WS MS LED Thanks Guys

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393901-cannot-access-bios-please-press-del-f2-enter-uefi-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently took a BIOS update and I later on found out that it has messed up my Notebook. File transfer speed has been riduculously slow, games and movies stutter occasionaly. Everything has changed and it does not look good. Product Info: Model: Pavilion AB522TXOS: Windows 10 64-bit ( updated to the very last) RAM: 8 GBProcessor: i5-6200U

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Downgrade a BIOS update or Optimising BIOS settings

Hey @Rahul_mk,  I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community. If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s),  please let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. I understand that you did a BIOS upgrade but it did not take well to your HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522tx. You mentioned that your Notebook is now slow and games and movies are stuttering.  Many HP Notebooks have an HP BIOS Restore tool that may recover the BIOS from an earlier version and restore basic functionality. Please follow the documentation to do a BIOS reset.  Have you tried to perform a hard reset?Which BIOS version did  you upgrade to? You said that Windows 10 is up to date.Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant for updates also?  You can try following the below steps to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup Settings:In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.Select Load Setup Defaults.Select Save Changes and Exit (pressing F5 and the Enter key will also load the Setup Defaults).Press Esc and then Enter to exit Setup.If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with any information you think may help me find a resolution for you. Please also let me know if the BIOS reset works. If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. I am glad that you joined in!  Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Downgrade-a-BIOS-update-or-Optimising-BIOS-settings/td-p/5692324
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello:

This is my first post here, so hi to everyone.
I just got an ASUS X401a Notebook and I want to use a flash drive to boot from Linux.
I need to change the sequence in the BIOS so that the flash drive is first choice to boot from.
I have no problem accessing the BIOS utility, but it allows me to alter only some settings. Those in blue colored font I can change those in black font I cannot. What drive to boot from first is in black and not adjustable.
I used command line to work as admin and I also set up a password for admin in the BIOS to access the BIOS utility, but still no go; some things are allowed to be changed some aren't.

Any help is appreciated.

A:BIOS: Can access BIOS utility, but cannot change settings.

Is it asking for a password or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250502-bios-can-access-bios-utility-but-cannot-change-settings.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a HP 2760P and I'm running Windows 7 64bit,I did a clean install since I replaced the harddisk, I installed HP Protect Tools. Problem:Most of the BIOS settings are grayed out, I can't change anything. Do I need to login to the BIOS as Administrator or so? When I enter the BIOS I get asked to login.I can only login with my Domain-Account, I can't enter another account name.I therefore login and see the bios-settings.However most settings are grayed out."Set Administrator Password" is also grayed out. How can I enable the BIOS-settings?Do I need to Login into the BIOS as an Administrator? How can I do that, during entering the BIOS it only let's me login as my regular domain-account or how can I even set an Administrator-Password? Thanks and best regards 

A:BIOS settings grayed out, Login To BIOS as Administrator?

leonardlin wrote:I have a HP 2760P and I'm running Windows 7 64bit,I did a clean install since I replaced the harddisk, I installed HP Protect Tools. Problem:Most of the BIOS settings are grayed out, I can't change anything. Do I need to login to the BIOS as Administrator or so? When I enter the BIOS I get asked to login.I can only login with my Domain-Account, I can't enter another account name.I therefore login and see the bios-settings.However most settings are grayed out."Set Administrator Password" is also grayed out. How can I enable the BIOS-settings?Do I need to Login into the BIOS as an Administrator? How can I do that, during entering the BIOS it only let's me login as my regular domain-account or how can I even set an Administrator-Password? Thanks and best regards What I have found is that this situation arose for me when I logged in to the BIOS as a regular user after installing HP ProtectTools and enabling Pre-boot authentication.  I needed to log in as an admin user. However, in my case, I had yet to set up an administrative password for the BIOS prior to setting up HP ProtectTools.  What I needed to do was the following set of steps: 1.  When the system reboots, it SHOULD give you the option to log in to the BIOS as a guest or registered user.  Log in as GUEST into the BIOS instead of a registered user (wierd, but it works).2.  Go to BIOS Security settings and create a BIOS admin password.3.  You should then be able to edit additional settings, although you may need to log out and then log in as guest and type your new BIOS admin password. Hope this helps! Best Regards,Eric 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-settings-grayed-out-Login-To-BIOS-as-Administrator/td-p/1060073
Relevancy 49.88%

Im starting this thread so that for all who have unlocked their bios for wirelesscard whitelist removal or what ever, using the link on techInferno using svl7 mod can have a guide as to what settings can be used to improve the performance of their y510p and what settings to stay away from.  For those who have difficulties in retrieving the files from techInfernos website can pm me. Any and all suggestions and requests are welcome. Happy modding.

A:Y510p Bios mod, Best unlocked bios settings.

I would do this, but after paying 1000 for this laptop, that risk of bricking the bios..

Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y510p-Bios-mod-Best-unlocked-bios-settings/td-p/1689193
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a VN7-572G. The presented BIOS settings are sort of lackluster for a gaming laptop and I know what I'm doing enough to tinker with more advanced settings. I've examined the BIOS for this laptop and there are a ton of locked-away settings. Unfortunately, there is some sort of BIOS security implemented that prevents me from just flashing a modified BIOS onto this laptop. Is there perhaps some sort of way to officially access more advanced settings or any way of requesting one from Acer?

A:Advanced BIOS Settings and/or Unlocked BIOS? (VN7-...

Hi, Short answer, NO. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Advanced-BIOS-Settings-and-or-Unlocked-BIOS-VN7-572G/td-p/448010
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Western Digital 1 TB USB 2.0 that I have connected to a computer that has Gigabyte connection to my NAS which can handle Gigabyte speeds.

I am only getting 30.1MB/s.

Is there any settings I can do to windows so that it can send faster?

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

A:USB2.0 HD Transfer over Gigabyte Network to Gigabyte NAS

You're doing well. Large file transfers on my system via USB 2.0 are only about 24 MB/s. I did notice when I plugged my Seagate USB 2.0 external into my SIIG USB 3.0 card, sequential reads and writes were about 15% improved. I just plugged the USB 2.0 drive in while I was waiting for USB 3.0 docking stations.

If you have a free PCIExpress slot you may get some improvement plugging the USB 2.0 into the USB 3.0 card. But using SIIG USB 3.0 docks and WD caviar black internal drives I find the drives run at full speed. Only thing is now the price bubble is preventing me from increasing my stock of internal drives.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196922-usb2-0-hd-transfer-over-gigabyte-network-gigabyte-nas.html