Windows Support Forum

PC turns on then off (newly build)

Q: PC turns on then off (newly build)

Hello its my first post!
Well anyways I just build my first ever pc using tutorials like (Austin Evans) well I build it turned it on, and all the fans would work then right after stop! Sometimes I get one bleep from the psu, What should I do as im really annoyed as I spent hours do this!

thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC turns on then off (newly build)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PC turns on then off (newly build)

Since you say the machine tries to boot, I'll assume the front panel connectors are correctly connected.
Make sure all cards, memory, and cables are properly seated. Including the 4pin/8pin motherboard power connector.
Try a different PSU. I had a PSU go out that acted this way, after an instant shutdown. Yours could be a DOA that acts the same way.
Try a single RAM module at a time. Switch modules if the first one doesn't help.
Try with all unnecessary components disconnected. Any damaged component can keep the PSU from receiving power good status.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turns-on-then-off-newly-build.212476/
Relevancy 61.06%

hi there just finished building my new pc and it won t boot up when i hit the pwr switch it shows the graphics card info on screen then restarts it continues to power up and restart over and over again the intervals differ sometimes but it never gets past the vga info here the strange thing i pressed the reset cmos button and it booted up past the vga and came up with quot cmos wrong setup quot so starts over newly then up off and built Solved: pc, over turns i have access to the bios I check sys info and its reading all the ram cpu is working at correct speed and its temp is below C fsb is correct what done so far pulled everything out and reseated cpu reseated motherboard and checked scews weren t touching tracks on the board removed all non-essential components about to test psu but like its unlikley please help spend on a sweet pc and cant use thx in advance just though i d add in that Solved: newly built pc, starts up then turns off over and over its using a water cooling system and no plugs connect to the cpu fan does this matter shouldn t specs INTEL CORE QUAD Q go-stepping MSI P D Solved: newly built pc, starts up then turns off over and over Platinum THERMALTAKE Big Water Cooling Kit gts oc email protected email protected CORSAIR TwinX gig x Gig DDR nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, lately I have been building a computer, this is my first time in doing so and i am very close to finishing. However, when I turn it on all my internal lights turn on and all of my fans start spinning but for some reason the BIOS wont show up on my monitor, (and I have made sure the monitor is plugged in correctly, etc.)

Does anybody know what might be the problem?

A:Newly built PC turns on but doesn't boot

Something not connected or seated correctly would be my guess. Can you list the hardware you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-pc-turns-on-but-doesnt-boot.159737/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, the problem I am having is really getting on my nerves. When the power button is pressed, the comp turns on for about 4 seconds than turns off (no beeps coming from mobo). After it shuts off it turns on indefinitely with no display. Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

A:Newly built comp turns on for about 3 seconds then restarts

What motherboard are you running and what is the rest of your setup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-comp-turns-on-for-about-3-seconds-then-restarts.165051/
Relevancy 60.63%

Here are some things I ve noted It worked just fine on ANOTHER monitor I just received a new NO built display on newly but turns monitor computer on CPU heatsink and installed that Now tried to start up on a DIFFERENT monitor and will newly built computer turns on but NO display on monitor not get a newly built computer turns on but NO display on monitor display although the fans are all on The output is through DVI and my video card only has DVI outputs so newly built computer turns on but NO display on monitor I cannot test with analog I tried reseating the video card and that doesn t seem to help I really doubt its the monitor because I have another computer just used to connect to it using the same DVI cable and it works fine Basically the only thing I ve done is install this new heatsink One thing I did note is that this heatsink comes with a quot backplate quot that allows you to screw the heatsink in instead of using the crappy pushpins that are now standard for intel boards The quot backplate quot has some double sided very strong tape and I placed it on the back of the motherboard as instructions noted I noticed that the sticky part touched pins on the bottom of the board - Maybe the sticky tape was conducting electricity somehow But then I thought - well then the computer would just short out and shut off I m stumped appreciate any help thanks nbsp

A:newly built computer turns on but NO display on monitor

i'm very concerned now... I tried connecting to the monitor using the VGA-DVI adapter supplied with my video card... still no display.

Also I've noticed that my usb keyboard and mouse are not getting powered when the computer is turned on.

ALSO, if I push my power button, the computer is not shutting down like it normally should ( I have to hold it down for ten seconds to force it to shut off).

has something happened to the motherboard? Could the backplate that I put on for the heatsink really be causing this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-built-computer-turns-on-but-no-display-on-monitor.760411/
Relevancy 57.62%

Guys i m having a problem with my USB ports on a system i just assembled Let me start from the beginning i m currently using newly build system, a USB problems with please help an old USB laser laptop mouse i m still waiting for USB problems with a newly build system, please help my new keyboard and mouse to arrive for which i have no software cause its so old when i first booted up the system it didn t work at all so i had to use a ps mouse instead Upon second boot i entered BIOS to see if USB devices are enabled and they were after that it started working I have usb ports on my system in the back that come with the mobo and case ports in front It worked for a while and was plugged in the mobo then all of a sudden i get a message in windows that the USB port has malfunctioned and the mouse stopped working So i plug it into a different port and it works When i booted the system today the mouse wasnt working again so i had to try different ports before it worked After that i decided to test all of the ports most of the times they work but sometimes they don t I don t understand what is going on here is it a common problem with new systems Could it be that this is a software problem may be i should wait till i get a new mouse that comes with a cd and install it May be i need USB drvers is there such a thing P S What do i do about the malfuntioned USB port is it dead nbsp

A:USB problems with a newly build system, please help

In Device Manager ensure all your Root Hub Power Management check boxes for shutting off to save power are UNchecked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-problems-with-a-newly-build-system-please-help.78042/
Relevancy 57.62%

My new build wont power on all I hear is a few high pitch sounds coming from what I think is the psu My specs SSD GB SAMSUNG Pro TB HDD from previous build it was working fine days ago TB HDD from previous build it was working fine days ago GPU GTX GB from previous build it was working fine days ago MSI GTX GAMING G GeForce GTX GB -Bit on it's way newly wont build power My on in the mail Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX My newly build wont power on V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply My newly build wont power on from previous build it was working fine days ago Heatsink Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler CPU Intel Core i - K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core GHz Motherboard MSI Z -Gaming Intel Z Motherboard Memory CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory My newly build wont power on Please help me

A:My newly build wont power on

Here's a list to work on from member TVeblen:
Strip it down and then add components back, one at a time, to try and isolate the offending component.

The test (power off, power cord unplugged):

• Disconnect everything externally connected except the mouse and keyboard (printers, USB devices). If you are not using a wired mouse and keyboard see if you can borrow one.

• Disconnect the power and data cables from all the drives inside the computer (Hard drives, DVD/CD drives).

• Remove all the cards installed in the PCI slots including the video card.

• Remove all the RAM sticks (same rules as above).

Now connect the power cord and turn the PC on.

• The motherboard should start beeping. You should get a beep code that tells you there is no memory. This is good, it means the processor is functioning and the motherboard is good so far.

• Now add one stick of memory in Slot A1 and power on. More beeping: "no video card" beep code. This is good.

• Then add the video card and connect it to the monitor. You should get no beeping and you should see the BIOS screens, ending with the message that there is no boot device.

If you get no video then switch the one memory stick installed for another one and test.

Continue adding components one at a time.

If at any point the PC fails the the last component added was the problem one.

If you removed everything and there is only the Motherboard (with integrated video), processor, and power supply to contend with and it does not POST or show anything on the screen, then the problem is one of those three.

If you have tested by using another power supply then you are down to two. CPUs rarely fail, so motherboard is the most likely guess.

Try performing a CLRTC or Clear CMOS as a last ditch effort, and check the 3v battery. Both long shots, but what do you have to lose at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348896-my-newly-build-wont-power.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I just finished building my computer, but it won't start. When I connect the PSU a red light starts burning on the motheboard power switch, but when I press it nothing happens, even fans aren't moving.

Right now I have together following parts:

Motherboard: Asus P5Q-E P45
PSU: Zalman ZM600-HP
CPU: Intel E6750 with Scythe Ninja heatsink (and nexus fan)
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 2Gt DDR2-800 PC2-6400 (KVR800D2N5K2/4G)

I also had my Ati HD 5770 graphics card but it didn't have any effect.

I have attached 20+4 ATX cable to the motherboard, and 4+4 CPU power thingy too. 3-pin heatsink fan is attached to the 4-pin CPU_FAN slot in the motherboard. Those are the only connections I have right now, what did I miss?

Thanks in advance!

A:Newly build computer won't start

Go through the steps in this http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/580000-troubleshooting-guide-problem-builds.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-build-computer-wont-start.993510/
Relevancy 57.19%

So on my nearly -year old build that s been running just fine I ve run into an interesting new problem as of late Lately I ve noticed that at times it will do this interesting build randomly newly Old pause-freezing?.. thing where it looks like it hangs totally unresponsive from any input cannot even change keyboard numlock capslock scroll lock monitor freezes and audio totally stops but only for about seconds then it continues as if Old build newly randomly pause-freezing?.. nothing had happened It seems to happen most often while gaming anywhere from to minutes between bouts but Old build newly randomly pause-freezing?.. it happens even when doing normal web browsing as well Usually seems like I hit a key or click on something right as it happens but no key action in particular causes it Now things that I m trying to consider would be the problem --Just started using it again after months of leaving it at home turned off from getting back from college dorms Might be something about old hardware I doubt it but it s a possibility I guess --Updated my ethernet driver since I got back --Updated various software on my computer since I ve gotten back This is all I ve got - I haven t figured out why it s continuing even after a couple restarts since I ve used it P S It did actually freeze once while writing this so it seems to be capable of happening at any time nbsp

A:Old build newly randomly pause-freezing?..

Ok, now I'm encountering a new issue. (Now posting from alternate computer...)

Now, after installing some Windows Updates, including monitor and video card drivers, my computer only stays on for about 5 minutes, before flashing a blue screen at me, and then turning off, and restarting.

Not only that, but also, after about 30 seconds of logging in and letting Windows make it to its desktop, my monitor goes entirely black for a second or two, then when it comes back up, it's reduced the monitor's display resolution to its minimum (800x600 in this case).

If however, I stay at the login screen, and don't choose a user and log in, it appears to be stable. It's only after I go through the motions of actually logging in and starting to do anything that it starts doing these things now.

I'm seriously thinking it's a driver issue, but now I can't even get the driver rolled back in time before it crashes and restarts... Any help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-build-newly-randomly-pause-freezing.965178/
Relevancy 57.19%

so my old hdd went bad so I ended up replacing it with a new Samsung evo 850 ssd and "upgraded" to win 8.1 pro from win 7. Now I'm faced with the problem that when windows tries to load, it'll boot the win icon then my screen goes black, my mouse and keyboard shut off by my computer remains on. I have no idea how to fix this and it's becoming increasingly frustrating, PLEASE HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-build-computer-and-win-8-1-pro-failed-to-start.1154654/
Relevancy 57.19%

Dear Tech Support,

Two weeks ago I build a computer for my friend, but it keeps getting random blue screens. Blue screens can occur multiple times a day.

I could not find what is causing the blue screens or fix it.

The blue screens happen at random times.
Its a clean install of Windows 7 retail,
All drivers on the PC are the Latest ones on the manufacturers site and I have the latest direct x installed.

I tried reinstalling windows, but that didn't help either

System Specs:
Intel Core i5 650
MSI H55M-E33 Motherboard
GeIL Value Dual Channel Kit 1333 hz 2x 2GB (4GB Total)
ASUS EAH4870/2DI/1GD5

I will attach the blue screens from before and after the New install

If i need to add any other information please say so.

Thanks in advance,
Stefan Dinkelberg

A:Random bluescreens on a newly build computer

What rating power supply did you use?
A 650W minimum should be ok there, less than 650W and
you may have problems.

Without reading those dump files, many random problems
can be caused by poor quality memory.

http://www.memtest.org/

Download a bootable ISO of memtest and run a memory test for
a couple of hours.
If tests fail, swap memory modules and see if that helps.
Check there's no grease or fingerprints on the gold contacts
as well.

Also, go through the motherboard BIOS, check no settings have been
change or overclocked byyour friend, hope that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bluescreens-on-a-newly-build-computer-507887.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Guys&Girls
I've recently built a new system with 2x2TB drives, one with my OS on and one with my Music etc on..

When i power on the machine, it starts to boot up, then throws an error message, instantly, then instantly reboots so i am unable to view it, and then it boots straight into windows, it's as if its trying to boot from the wrong hard drive.

I then installed Partition manager, to look at my drives, and this is what i got.

I thought maybe this is the problem, as disk 1 is not my C:

Any help please?
Thankyou

A:Newly build PC hard drive problem

Maybe this would also help

ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/233989-newly-build-pc-hard-drive-problem.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Guys,

I recently built my own computer. It was running great and still is, but its randomly crashed when using it. The first time I opened spotify and started a song and then it crashed, and this morning the same thing happened but with Borderlands 2. I started the game, not even loaded enough to get to the title screen, and the computer crashed. Here is my crash report, hopefully that will help.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 18441

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: FFFFF8800C5F1000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800430EFA0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\122413-2917-01.dmp
C:\Users\NutImNot\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-26192-0.sysdata.xml

Here is my SF Diagnostic folder:
If anyone could help me out that would be wonderful!

A:Newly Build Computer Crashes randomly (BCCode:d1)

From what i can make of the files that you uploaded; to me it appears that you could have one or more bad ram modules. Especially if it just bluescreens like that while playing games. Usually thats most likely caused by either bad hardware, ram, or corrupt system or game files. Try removing all ram sticks/modules; then start with one and go one by one to see if you get any after a particular number of modules. The number that it bluescreens at could mean either that module is bad and or possibly the slot on the motherboard is bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316017-newly-build-computer-crashes-randomly-bccode-d1.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My system computer, is newly build format to missing restart press - BOOTMGR ctrl+alt+del can't is AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot ASUS M A XTD EVO Motherboard GB RAM -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR ATI Radeon HD GB GDDR I am sure that everything is assembled correctly and everything is compatible My system recognizes everything I have in it The first thing I tried to do was install windows onto my system from a burned copy I have as my original disk is at a different location My installation errored out during the quot Expanding Installation Files BOOTMGR is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart - newly build computer, can't format quot process and during later attempts would just stop loading at various percentages I assume that is a problem with the disk itself so I tried a friend's copy I know this disk has worked for him When I put the disk in and try to boot from disk it doesn't give me that option it just says quot BOOTMGR is missing press ctrl alt del to restart quot It's strange because I can still boot from the first Windows disk I used but it will not install correctly I'm unsure as to why I can't boot from the newer one I have I'll be getting my original XP disk shipped to me and I'll give that a try My DVD drive is first on my boot priority list I even tried updating my BIOS from the disk that came in my motherboard packaging I'm going to give it a try on some other OS disks to see if it will format my drive and install Anyone have any suggestions This is driving me absolutely insaaaane

A:BOOTMGR is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart - newly build computer, can't format

Hi and welcome to TSF try post 2 here http://forums.techarena.in/operating...ms/1324215.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bootmgr-is-missing-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-newly-build-computer-cant-format-476608.html
Relevancy 53.75%

just "finished" a first time build. Had trouble with windows 7 at the beginning, kept freezing during setup of password and product key. After a number of tries it now just turns on for around 3 seconds and shuts off, then again for around 7 sec and turns off, repeats. Would love some insight on this issue. Thinking it might be the motherboard or pcu but dont really know how to tell.

specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QXMZ99 (the corsair power supply is actually 430W)

So far i have tried resetting ram, motherboard battery, pcu, pcu fan. external build with just power supply, pcu, and ram (did the same thing). Also went through those tomshardware checklists.

Relevancy 53.75%

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I am having a bit of a problem. Just put together a new box and I can get it to turn on but there is nothing on screen. The screen actually goes into power save mode like it doesnt even know the computer is on. This is only my second build. Everything in the box turns on but the keyboard and mouse dont light up. specs are-phenom 2 940, gigabyte ma790gp, corsair tx650w, 4gb g-skill 1066, 9800gt, wd caviar 640gb, antec 900. Any help at all would be great.

A:New build turns on, no bios

This is one of those baffling questions that makes you pull your hair out. My approach is to always start with the least expensive and easiest options. Check all the connections first. It could be something as crazy as the cable or wire from the monitor to the computer being faulty. Do you have an extra monitor you can try? Work your way down to the motherboard being the very last suspect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-turns-on-no-bios.122219/
Relevancy 53.75%

I just built a new i3 SB machine with a gigabit board. It was working fine for 3 dys put win 7 on it, but now all of a sudden it just shuts off as soon as i press the power button.

I took the board out and looked at it and i powered it on outside the case but it still does it. Everything looks kosher to me.

A:New PC build turns off within a sec of power on

Could be a few issues, maybe the power button is getting stuck in and just powering down the machine.
Mobo or PSU might be defective.
What I would do is unplug all hardware and just use the bare minimum and see if it still powers down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154792-new-pc-build-turns-off-within-sec-power.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone.A few months ago i bought a bundle of parts in a special package from TigerDirect. I put the computer together and it boots fine. All lights turn on and fans are spinning, but no display comes up. I can't even get to a boot menu. All the parts are new so i doubt this is a problemof faulty equipment. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

A:Custom build turns on but has no display

Whats the PC's Specs?
Check to see if the video card is getting power
Make sure your GPU is compatible with MOBO
Make sure everything is properly fitted.
Have you tried with a different monitor? or diffirent connections? like DVI if your using HDMI or vice versa

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-build-turns-on-but-has-no-display.168300/
Relevancy 52.46%

This same problem was posted here by another member and I read the other thread responses, but no answer was discovered. I am having the same issue the system boots on its own every night. I have done all the scheduled task checks and disabled everything I could find, but it still turns itself on nightly.
I have checked the BIOS to no avail can't find anything there either. Looking for help. Thanks in advance!

A:My home build PC windows 7 turns itself on during the night.

You can always turn off the surge protector, then it can`t come on at all.

And you`ve already checked this, correct ?

And make sure "Allow this device to wake the PC" is unchecked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327155-my-home-build-pc-windows-7-turns-itself-during-night.html
Relevancy 52.46%

This is my rd system build and having a very irritating problem I bought a ECS G T-M motherboard along with a e processor and a gb stick of ocz high performance premium module DDR mhz When i start it up the system hangs It doesn t beep but all the fans and lights go on like normal It goes to the boot screen and lists my cpu and memory but stops there It says to press DEL to enter bios or F for BBS popup But nothing happened when i tried both I tried clearing the cmos by both reseeding the jumper and also removing the cmos battery and when i did this it no longer had the option on bios! not New build boot, but won't help system the turns even to boot into bios DEL This is really getting frustrating and don t know what the problem is New Build System Specs ECS G T-M Motherboard Intel E Duo Core gb OCZ DDR mhz memory Ultra Power Supply pro Lifetime Series gb WD Hard Drive SATA New system build turns on but won't boot, not even the bios! help LG DVD-RW Burner Antec Case nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-system-build-turns-on-but-wont-boot-not-even-the-bios-help.112602/
Relevancy 51.6%

Quote:

However, small changes are there if you look. In build 10031, the Start menu has gained a degree of transparency. Windows 10 for phones also includes transparency on its Start menu, though the implementation is slightly different there?on the phone, it's the tiles that are translucent.

Going further back, build 10022 moved the new virtual desktop button from the middle of the screen to the right-hand side.

With the current Windows 10 preview still feeling very unfinished, particularly in areas such as the new settings app, the small scale of these changes is a little surprising.

Windows 10 Start menu turns transparent in new leaked build | Ars Technica

A:Windows 10 Start menu turns transparent in new leaked build

Interesting....

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-start-menu-turns-transparent-in-new-leaked-build-968705.html
Relevancy 49.02%

After getting a couple blue screens I am having the following issue When I turn my computer on the fans and drives all start up After approx seconds the computer shuts itself off After another seconds the computer turns itself back on again This time it stays on but i have no monitor output I don t hear a beep video Computer on has turns then turns no output off back on, turns but which tells me it is probably not posting I have read a few other threads that have a similar issue but not the same I am thinking it is either the mobo GPU or PSU I would like any guidance and assistance that you guys can give me on this specifically what i should look at first and how to diagnose Thanks system specs below ASUS P Q Pro ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Duo E GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor EVGA GeForce GTX Core -P - -AR Video Card Antec EA W Power Supply OCZ GB x GB -Pin DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Memory nbsp

A:Computer turns on, turns off then turns back on but has no video output

Motherboard Short

I have helped somebody who had a similar issue and it was the motherboard being shorted out by the case. We took the motherboard out of the case and it booted up just fine. Something you might want to try before purchasing new components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-turns-off-then-turns-back-on-but-has-no-video-output.152198/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys I just built my first pc and whenever I switch it on everything is working and all the fans are spinning and stuff so I think everything is plugged in properly but when I plug it into my monitor with a hdmi cable there is "no signal".

A:Can't access bios on.newly newly built pc

I also tried spamming f10 or delete and other buttons on my keyboard when it switches on to access bios but I have a mechanical keyboard and nothing seems to happen

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/cant-access-bios-newly-newly-built-pc-4609433/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an external DVD CDRW drive that keeps being added then removed added then removed. That is all that it does. You know how Windows XP does. It plays that little two tone sound each time a device is added or removed...it is so annoying. I cannot use the drive as it does not stay "added" long enough. I am stumped...I have never heard anything like it. Have you?

A:External DVD CDRW Drive turns off, turns on, turns off...etc.

Did the unit ship with drivers? ?
It also might be a cable issue. Inspect that cable or try a new one and or another USB port. If you have it on the front of the case try it on a rear USB port. I've seen machines where the front ports carried less power than the rear ones.

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-dvd-cdrw-drive-turns-off-turns-on-turns-off-etc.24677/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I m having trouble with two of my desktops Desktop Problem When all cords and such are plugged in I press the power button The desktop turns on for about - seconds and then HELP! restarts turns repeatedly, black turns on to on and screen Desktop other restarts The bios doesn t flash the os doesn t boot As far as I can tell the desktop restarts indefinitely Any ideas what s going on here --Desktop Type HP Pavilion a W I found someone with a similar problem here Desktop Problem HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen I bought some M Dust Remover a few days ago I disconnected power along with everything else from a desktop of mine Pulled the cover off and started blowing the dust out of the case I put everything back together plugged it in and the desktop doesn t work It boots to a blank screen with the the power and hard drive led s stuck on on the front of the desktop The led on the back of the power supply turns on I can hear the hard drive spin up it detects the cd dvd drives floppy drive and then just hangs with the led s stuck on Anyone have an idea what might be going on here --Desktop Type Compaq Presario S NX Thanks for the help I m hoping to get atleast one of these back online w o buying a whole new desktop -Chris nbsp

A:HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen

Hi&#8230;.

Desktop 1:

Do you see anything on your screen at all while this is happening?

Have you tried to press the setup key to see if the BIOS will come up and make changes?

Do you have any USB devices (other than keyboard or mouse) hooked up? If so, try disconnecting them and see if it will at least POST or attempt to go into the OS.

WARNING: Before checking the capacitors, disconnect the power cord on your system and press & hold the POWER button to allow the power to discharge! Also, you should always ground yourself before touching computer components to prevent static discharge!

Just FYI, some of the motherboards in this series of HP&#8217;s have issues with the capacitors.

You should take a look at the capacitors to see if the tops of them are raised or discolored. Also, if you put your finger on the top of the capacitors, they should feel as if they are INDENTED and not flush or raised. Raising or discoloration (up to and including a black tar looking substance on the tops indicate a leaking capacitor).

Desktop 2:

Any POST sounds (beeps) produced at all?

Have you tried the monitor from Desktop 1 on this one?

Anything at all displayed on the monitor, to include CHECK CABLE message?

Recommendation: Open the case again and ensure that all the cards, memory, drive cables and so forth are all connect properly and not loose or dislodged.

Do you know how to RESET your BIOS to default using the onboard jumpers?

Here is a detailed link on troubleshooting this issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...cc=us&dlc=en&product=338684&rule=4566&lang=en

Thanks and keep us up-to-date!

Shane

Found another good link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...788&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=338684&lang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-desktop-turns-on-and-restarts-repeatedly-other-turns-on-to-black-screen.666195/
Relevancy 42.14%

I HAVE READ OTHER SIMILAR THREADS ------ My PC actually has the fans turns few shuts after on off seconds, PC retarded, back turns lights AND can t even get anywhere on the BIOS gb ram GT GHz Intel Pentium D gb HD CD ROM Foxconn P A mobo My mom took my PC away from me I got it back and it is retarded now I start the PC the fans come on lights are all good then PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on about - seconds it shuts off and then comes back on by itself When I turn the power on the monitor does not show anything at all I have tried many of different things Different PSU problem is not the PSU D C the CD ROM HD so it can t be one of those as PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on a failure stick of RAM my memory is fine Checked ALL of my cables they are connected properly checked many of times unconnected then reconnected alot Replaced the grease between heat sink CPU can t be my CPU or overheating problem Heat sink Fan is properly mounted not loose at all and is flat All of the aluminum capacitors on the mother board are perfectly fine not leaking and PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on are on proper Reset the mother board a few times well thats MOST of the stuff I have done there is probably more but I can t think of what else I have tried at the moment And BTW can t access BIOS so don t ask if I can get into it Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on

Reset the mother board a few times....Click to expand...

Do you mean you have tried resetting the bios jumper, on the Motherboard?
If not do that.

Also, have you tried disconnecting all HDD; Floppy; CD data cables (from the motherboard end (actually I'd do case fan too and front USB connection to motherboard)
If this works, you will need to put one back in at a time, until you find the problem

Usually this fault is related to faulty Ram or CPU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turns-retarded-shuts-off-after-few-seconds-turns-back-on.100697/
Relevancy 42.14%

Referring to a Toshiba Tecra 9100, model no: PT910E-602SF-EN

The power button normally doesn?t turn it on at all, though occasionally it boots up normally, starts to load windows, then always cuts out after 5-15 seconds anyway.

It still charges up the batteries fine, but won?t turn on. I?ve checked the ram, hard-drive, and I re-set the bios to defaults - nothing stops it from cutting out if you can get it to turn on.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Any help appreciated, it?s the second time one I?ve had - the same problem last time!

Thanks

A:Tecra 9100 turns on intermittently, and turns off after 10-15 seconds

Hey,

Have you already tried cleaning the fan? Maybe a lot of dust is blocking the fan so the notebook can?t start and turns off itself due a higher temperature. It would be worth a try cleaning it.

But in my opinion you have everything done what you can do and it looks like a mainboard malfunction. If cleaning the fan doesn?t help I think the mainboard is defective or something else. If you are familiar with notebook disassembling you can try to repair it yourself with second hand parts. Otherwise it?s time for a new notebook I think?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?61352-Tecra-9100-turns-on-intermittently-and-turns-off-after-10-15-seconds
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

My friends computer turns on for 5 seconds and turns off and during that 5 seconds preiod the computer makes a weird noise like beping sound.
His computer is Dell and its XP iam affarid i dont have much of his computers specs. If any one can suggest how he could solve it.

thank you for reading and helping

A:my friends computer turns on for 5 seconds and turns off again automaticly plz help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-friends-computer-turns-on-for-5-seconds-and-turns-off-again-automaticly-plz-help.850533/
Relevancy 42.14%

Somtimes I turn it on and it stays on for about three seconds then turns off then on for another three seconds somtimes the lights are very dim red and the fan barly spins and most of the time it dosnt even turn on. Will this happend to me about three month ago and one day it just started working normally but now its been broken for a while and I tried to fix the power button I seen that was the problem on some forums but that didn't work I tried alot of things but nothing seems to work and just turned it off one day and it stopped working so i dont know if its the power source but just give me something to try please.

A:My comp turns on for 5seconds and turns off or dosnt turn on at all

Have you tried checking on the fan/ ventilation? i use to have this problem with my P3. fan was jam with debris/ dust. when i boot up, it was fine, once i go in to window it freeze. After i got the fan moving (cleaning the dust) it works fine.

Hope it works for you.

Oh, Zenosincks mght have a point there too. Thought my experience was on the CPU. Cheers,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-comp-turns-on-for-5seconds-and-turns-off-or-dosnt-turn-on-at-all.99341/
Relevancy 42.14%

Trying to build a system for my brother. I put the 3200+ Athlon XP CPU in and with the heatsink. It turns on for maybe a few seconds and then turns off.

People were saying heatsink but I have tried it on 2, one is the ALK-800A, then some CoolerMaster one. I have to admit the CoolerMaster was originally from my 2100+ setup but still, it's all copper.

I do notice when I remove the CPU, it stays turned on. I know pretty sure this CPU works as I tested like hours before I put it in my brothers. Cant do that now since it was a quite a drive back home from college.

Jumpers? Settings? Anything?

Relevancy 41.28%

I just swapped my PSU and GPU with RMA ones, swapped out all power cables with new ones and reconnected everything.Tested PSU by itself. It works.It was working prior to me taking out the parts for RMA, but one of those hardware were causing shut-downs.Now when I push the button power after putting in the new parts and connecting everything, it'll start up then stays shut off with the 2 phase LEDs lit up. A green and a yellow.Any suggestions to what the problem is?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158604.0.html
Relevancy 41.28%

So, I installed Vista yesterday and it was working like a charm and last night I turned the computer off.

I woke up this morning, pressed the power button, lights/fans/computer came on for a few seconds (3 seconds approximately) and then the computer just shut off instantly, then another 3 secondsish later it turned back on and did the same thing, and it keeps doing it.
The only way I could fix it was by unplugging the power cable and turning off the switch at the power socket, I thought it may was a one-off thing.

I left the computer on, got back about 6 hours later and the computer was off (nobody turned it off, no power blackouts etc), I turned it on and it did the same thing. So I had to turn it off at the power etc and it boots up fine and it works.

This wasn't happening until I installed Vista.

Thanks in advance.

A:Computer turns on for a few seconds then turns off [loop]

I just realised, I haven't been shutting the computer down, just been clicking the power button in the Start Menu (which I have just realised isn't shut down - hovered over it: Keeps your session in memory and puts the computer in a low-power state so that you can quickly resume working). I'm fair sure this is "Sleep" (Vista noob).
I just went into Power Options and saw that Sleep was set to 1 hour, so I'm assuming:

* Last night I put my computer into sleep
* Today it went into sleep by itself (after 1 hour)

Therefore it's a problem with the sleep mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-turns-on-for-a-few-seconds-then-turns-off-loop-388872.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I m looking for some advice and guidance I am not a technical expert on computer hardware I understand the basics and that s about the extent of it My current PC is a Dell desktop tower it runs Windows it uses an Intel Core Duo processor It is a few years old I d estimate or years old I plug my PC into a Belkin surge protector multi-outlet device which plugs into the wall electrical outlet My problem is that recently the PC randomly has been instantly powering-down and then a few seconds later powering-up again and rebooting This happens twice or turns then randomly turns quickly PC off on itself back times a day on average I have no explanation for it I do know that it s highly annoying and I m concerned and want to do something to fix this problem before any permanent damage occurs to PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on my PC Last week I searched the internet PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on briefly for advice and the two possible causes that popped-up in search results were A overheating or B issues with the power cord Given that over the past week in my spare time I have totally rerouted all the cords and wires behind PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on my computer desk to ensure that no wires were tangling pulling or weighing-down on the power cord for my PC I also totally dusted out the cabinet and backside of the PC tower and gently vacuumed the quot fan quot area on the back of the PC to ensure it was free of dust and lint I removed some random objects from the PC cabinet CD s mice keyboard etc to ensure that there was plenty of quot airflow quot around the PC tower presumably to ensure no overheating I rerouted several electronics that previously shared the Belkin multi-outlet device to another electrical outlet in the room I m not sure if any of these actions was helpful or not but I know that my PC is still having the same original power-off power-on issue no change I also updated and ran the quot Malwarebytes quot anti-malware software and the full scan showed no infections problems identified I am at a loss at this point and would appreciate any help or advice I ve owned several PC s over the past decade or so and I ve never encountered this problem with any of them nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys I need help, during startup Windows Firewall turns off upon system startup and then turns back on a few minutes later, then network connections open up to finish up my bootup process. I have SP3, and this little problem is causing my computer to startup slowly significantly. I have tried scanning for viruses and spyware and have found none, so I really don't know what's causing this to happen.

A:Firewall turns off and upon startup and then turns back on

That's normal, in my experience.

Not just with Windows firewall but any other firewall I've played with...the network connection is the last line of system defense when the system boots.

The firewall won't allow contact with the Internet...until the system is totally setup and out of danger. The firewall activates (along with the other startup items), then the network connection is made.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348323/firewall-turns-off-and-upon-startup-and-then-turns-back-on/
Relevancy 41.28%

My computer turns off then pressed again and turns on fine. This maybe due i went cheap and got a psu with case but i believe it needs to warm up for it to turn on.

Thanks for the help!

Relevancy 41.28%

Today i got this Gateway W350a T-Series T-1625 Notebook,
the client told me tha it just stopped working .
so i turn her on an the fan starts for about 3 seconds the lights
turn on too but then she turns off the screen stays black because
it turns off so quick has anybody had this issue before ?Im going
to take her apart and make sure everything is ok inside but im allways
looking for advised.

Thanks for any help in advanced

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-turns-off-for-a-quick-second-than-turns-off.1044369/
Relevancy 41.28%

Seems I have the same issues as "someonedying" had,

here's my spec.

CPU - Intel Core i5 760 - LGA1156
MoBo - ASUSTeK P7P55D-E LX
RAM - 2pcs of Corsair Dual-Channel DDR3 2GB
VidCard - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
PSU - Fortron/FSP Everest 80Plus 800

when I turn my computer on, all the lights, the fans together with the MoBo lights turns on for 1 second, then it turns off for 3-4 seconds then turns on again until the OS loads..

when I restart my computer, this doesn't happen anymore.. It only occur when I completely turn the computer and UPS off..

I bought this system a month ago. I have to option to bring this to the shop where I bought it but I want to know what the possible issues are.. Most of computer shops here in our country replaces some parts w/o the owner's knowledge.. >.<

Please help.. Thanks =)

A:My PC, turns off for 3 seconds after turning on then turns back on

Seriously, I'd take this back to the shop and have them fix this at their expense. I would also take note of the parts you have now and compare them when it is returned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-turns-off-for-3-seconds-after-turning-on-then-turns-back-on.157147/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello I own Toshiba Satellite C55-C1984.

Immediatlty after I turn on my laptop, it turns off and turns on again after few seconds with no apparent reason.

Should I worry about this?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91055-Satellite-C55-C1984-turns-off-and-turns-on-again
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok so I m computer and back right on then turns turns off having a problem with building my computer I used to have a working gaming pc but i decided to upgrade so i upgraded my case my motherboard and my PSU After i re-built everything and was planning on turning it on all the fans started spinning and the Led s turned computer turns on and then turns right back off on but only for about seconds it then turned off What i figured out is that whenever my CPU cable is plugged in this happens but when it is unplugged it doesn t shut off but also no Bios shows up The HSF always spins very slowly and slowly stops working My Motherboard doesn t have onboard graphics so i need a GPU Pleeeeeaaaase help me i really want it to work and sorry for the nooby question I have seen similar problems on other Forums but i didn t quite get it and i thought with my specifications it would be easier for me to understand Here are my specs Motherboard gigabyte FXA-UD PSU Corsair RM Processor AMD FX GPU AMD radeon vtx d and case probably unnecessary thermaltake level gt snow edition And ps Pleeeeaaaase help nbsp

A:computer turns on and then turns right back off

Processor: AMD FXClick to expand...

You didn't fully describe the AMD FX processor you have. Here is the supported list of FX processors for that motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-and-then-turns-right-back-off.1130433/
Relevancy 39.99%

First off hello fellow tech peoples Now to business Specs - ASUS Maximus Vi Hero - Intel i - k - NVIDIA GTX Ti - x GB RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum - Corsair H i - Corsair RM PSU The Issue As I ve mentioned the computer either goes -OR- Off Computer On Contin On and Turns Twice and Off Turns into two states it either starts up fine until about error code - CSM Initialization then pops back down to and shuts off It then proceeds to turn on again for a split second before turning all the way off and never back on again The second state is that it turns off again at error code and turns back on but it will infinitely repeat this process Both states do not display anything on screen and do not boot into the BIOS screen Tried and failed solutions - I ve already checked up on the POST Checklist and Computer Turns On and Off Twice -OR- Turns On and Off Contin tried all solutions - Everything is firmly connected everything that CAN be connected IS connected - I ve tried to start it up with every combination of RAM sticks in all slots in slots and a single slot as well as none at all still get the error no RAM installed gives me error - All components are firmly seated in their respective slots - The PSU is a newly acquired one straight out of the box - I ve disconnected each component and tested it without them and have still received the same problem - I ve tried resetting the CMOS battery to no avail - I initially believed it to be an inoperable case fan but I got that working and it still gives me the same problem - I ve also tried plugging in the PSU to both a wall outlet and surge protector Both haven t had any effect If it helps a bit prior to this problem when starting up the computer only the PSU fan would spin for a split second No power to the rest of the motherboard just to the PSU and it wouldn t power on again unless I unplugged the PSU s main cable from the wall I ve been tearing my ears off trying to get this thing to work for the past hours at this point I m absolutely spent I m starting to think that it might be the motherboard that s gone AWOL but I can t tell for sure Any help regarding this is extremely appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-and-off-twice-or-turns-on-and-off-contin.1157475/
Relevancy 39.99%

okay so i am able to turn my computer on for a few seconds but then it automatically shuts itself off after a few seconds but the thing is after letting it sit for a couple seconds it says something about how the clocks on my processor have been overclocked too high and asks if it wants me to restore them, so i do that and then the computer works fine, but then when i turn it off and turn it back on it does the exact same thing until i get that message again.

any ideas on how i can fix this?

i've tried manually reducing the clocks on my cpu even though they were already at stock clocks and that didnt work

system specs:
windows 7 ultimate 64bit
intel core 2 quad q6600 @ 2.4ghz standard clocks
4gb ddr2-800 ram
ati hd 4760 1gb ddr3

please and thank you

A:computer turns on for a few seconds then turns off

Try resetting the bios on the motherboard.

You can do this by opening up the computer and remove the battery and then reinstall. There are also a jump to do the samething, but you have to look at your motherboards manual /user guide to see where it's located.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246355-computer-turns-few-seconds-then-turns-off.html
Relevancy 39.99%

So when I plug the LAN cord in to the computer the lights on the LAN card turn on. But when I turn on the computer the LAN card turns off. I've installed the most recent drivers and still nothing. Is there something that I am missing?

A:Lan Card Turns off When computer turns on?!

Make and model of computer?
Make and model of the LAN card?

What, if any, error messages are you getting?
Have you gone into Properties for the LAN card to see if it has any diagnostics?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-card-turns-off-when-computer-turns-on.876462/
Relevancy 39.99%

When I boot up my computer or restart, and not always but most times, audio from my home web page of ESPN comes on. No web pages have been opened. I can adjust the audio. If I go to the web page I can see which videos the audio came from and if I open them they are behind. It just goes away after a bit 5-10 minutes. Any way to know which port is open or if there is a problem. I am on DSL.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/when-computer-turns-on-web-audio-turns-on-305448.html
Relevancy 39.99%

my laptop turns on then suddenly turns off after few seconds. any suggestion regarding this issue? is this a common issue on hp laptop? thanks in advance. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/my-laptop-turns-on-then-suddenly-turns-off/td-p/5761152
Relevancy 39.99%

I leave my computer on for a long times like 1-4 weeks at a time so that may be part of the problem but it doesn't get really hot (it has 7 fans so yea) but back to the problem when its started i turned it on and i wasn't looking and then it turned off (still not looking) and it turned off again and then it on (looking this time) and i saw it booting up then i saw it froze at the windows 7 logo and then either i turned it off or it turned its self off then. Now when i turn it on it turns its self off after few seconds. but when i leave it alone for a day it stays on for 5-15 seconds.
If you can please help me!
my specs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AMD-FX-8350-4-0GHZ-16GB-DDR3-500GB-38496000-/201156598215?

Relevancy 39.99%

I have an older Compaq laptop that usually works fine, but now when I press the power button it just lights up a few of the lights, makes an odd beeping noise and immediately turns off. Nothing appears on the display and it never goes farther than that. I?ve tried a "hard reset" and reseating the ram modules, but neither worked and I have no idea where to go from here.

A:laptop turns on for 1-2 seconds then turns off

Welcome nabbed_clones.

Could you mention the make and model of your laptop please and explain what the odd beeping noise is (e.g., is it a quick one beep noise, or long beep noise, or many different beeps?) Any other sounds?

(Have you tried turning on the laptop with the mains power plugged in and the battery out?).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-turns-on-for-1-2-seconds-then-turns-off-582508.html
Relevancy 39.99%

hello im trying to figure out what is causing this this problem in for few own turns a turns on on computer its Solved: then off my computer i just got a new asrock g m-s r mother board because my old motherboards pci slot stopped working and now after putting everything together the computer will turn on for about seconds and then shuts itself off this is really frustrating any help would be appreciated edit i also want to mention that i bought new ram with the motherboard Edit i Solved: computer turns on for a few then turns off on its own also got it to go into bios once but it shut off while i was in it as well Ok so another edit after searching the forums i have been trying many things to find the problem still cant figure it out tho things i have tried i have removed everything from the motherboard such as Graphics card sound card hard drive dvd drives and the ram even the front panel usb i did this by taking them out one by one never putting them back in and testing by turning it back on this is still very frustrating any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

This problem suddenly happened when I came home from school. I have tryed a new power pack, the same happened, I have tried a new motherboard, the same happened.
I have also tried the trick with the paper clip to see if my power switch is broken, but again its the same problem.

Please help, i am so frustrated

A:HELP - my pc turns on for 1 second, lights up and then turns off.

I don't know if this would be it but I have seen this type of problem on a computer that turned out to have a bad power and reset switch. One way to check to see if this is the case pull off the wires for the power switch and reset button going to your board. Then you would want to find something like a screw driver or something that you could cross the power pins with and see if the machine does the same thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-pc-turns-on-for-1-second-lights-up-and-then-turns-off.100265/
Relevancy 36.98%

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but i was wondering if anyone could help me with my computer A few days ago when i went to turn on my computer it powered on but didnt post then seconds later it powered itself off Right after this it proceeded My turns Help please, computer turns off then itself on to cycle through powering itself on and off continuously till i shut it off Nothing appears on the screen and all the fans are spinning When i tried to replace the power supply it seemed to be fixed and i used the computer for an hour or so before it froze i reset it and from that point on it has Help please, My computer turns on then turns itself off gone back to powering on and off again I ve had the computer for about - years and if it helps the specs are as follows Intel CPU not Help please, My computer turns on then turns itself off overclocked Gigabyte GA-X -DS XFX GTX Cosair x mb DDR Ram Coolermaster PSU w RS- -asaa-a GB SATA Harddrive I havent replaced any parts in the computer at all Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

my computer turns on,, i see the windows windows xp logo but then it turns off by it self.help!!!

A:my computer turns on but then it turns off

Don't worry - This is a common issue - I ask, can you boot into the OS using SAFE MODE?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-turns-on-but-then-it-turns-off-363999.html
Relevancy 36.98%

hp z820 turns on and turn off. doesn't show any video. i have changed the powersupply but no results. any help would be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/hp-z820-turns-on-and-turns-off/td-p/5682249
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello everyone. I have an HP compaq computer with a Samsung SyncMaster 740N monitor. I noticed yesterday the screen was doing something weird. It almost looked like the colors were moving. I turned my computer off and this morning I turn on my computer and the screen pops up for a second and then turns off. I turned my monitor off and on again. The screen comes up, but then turns black. What is the cause? Do I need to get a new monitor?

A:Monitor turns on for a second and turns off

maybe electric power cable is loose connettion. Pls check and change power cable

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-turns-on-for-a-second-and-turns-off.150725/
Relevancy 36.55%

My win pro build hasn't received the November update build while my other win home versions have I know I'm not the only one having this problem but here's my two cents On my xw I upgraded from win pro to win pro as soon as was available some months ago I still receive other windows updates I downloaded 1511 the 10240 November pro build build received 10 win update hasn't the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu Both sfc and dism have no issues I would burn it do a disk but I've read other users say its just reinstalled build instead I was using another random win pro computer at work today and noticed it hasn't received the November update yet either Anyone else with win pro that did get the update Maybe this issue has more to it like when I upgraded to pro I had an issue with onedrive I don't really use it so I only disabled it from win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 startup in the task manager but it as a service disappeared except for registry entries and program files and win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 I haven't found a way to reinstall it yet I know I could do a clean install of windows but that's not my style I move from pc to pc over the years using disk images win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 This onedrive issue is the only problem I've come across that I haven't figured out without a clean install I mean I wiped onedrive from my system completely registry keys and all but attempts to reinstall fall short error corrupted file During the attempted installation it places all its registry items and files including the file it says is corrupt Copy those files that are working on another computer no dice sfc and dism no issues I'm getting off track I was hoping the November update would fix it but now that's an issue too Maybe Microsoft delayed the November update on win pro Thanks in advance

A:win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

RE : I downloaded the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu.

Did you burn the iso to a bootable media, then insert the media to the computer ?
If that was what you did, then you would NOT see the Mount option.
Instead, you would see the Setup option. Use that to start the installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36509-win-10-pro-build-10240-hasnt-received-november-update-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 to Build 7601?

An Icon Pack was saying install on to 7600 only and after I checked my regedit, I learned that I have 7601 (Probably SP1, I don't know).

Would I have any problems if I install the icon pack?

Thanks.

A:Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 on to Build 7601?

You can normally install icons anywhere you like, on any machine or system which uses them, they are merely small graphics of various types. Unless the "Icon-pack" is using software to install something else, ( in which case be careful what it does), you can install it anywhere.

Some "Icon-packs" make extensive changes to system files, are dependent on the system to which they are installed, and best avoided.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155091-can-i-install-icon-packs-designed-build-7600-build-7601-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future

A:why my windows mobile 10 build has transformed to an insider preview build

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future Go to settings - Info and check build version.
Annyversary Update is nothing else than Redstone that became official and replacing old Threshold, read the news ;)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436478-why-my-windows-mobile-10-build-has-transformed-insider-preview-build.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi everyone After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows build Version or build I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update KB keeps trying 10 (build 10240) update to original Windows build from Unable to install however Windows Update always fails to install this update giving me this error quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240) want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot No error code is provided I took a look at setuperr log within the Windows BT folder and this is the only error present Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL String enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBCL FileShare unsigned long gle x I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue as i'd like to move up to the AU - Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63725-unable-update-windows-10-original-build-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

So recently after the November build release I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update After which it seemed my home network was thrown out of newest build. to previous back rolling after find build Cant wack I immediately rolled reverted recovered to previous build But now everything is out of wack Most of the time I have to restart my computer just so it'll communicate with my printer to start printing And restarting the computer is twice as long if it restarts at all Most of the time It gets stuck in the quot restart quot progress animates the rotating circles and I have to press the restart button on the computer tower with great regret and dread Transferring files from one windows device to another is a hit or miss I'm pissed I'm not literate when it comes to networking and was super happy how everything was But now not only is my wifi home network out of wack but my computer itself is wonky I figure I might as well reinstall the newest build in hopes that it'll at least fix a fe of the problems But anytime I check for updates the newest build no longer shows up Can someone please help

A:Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Mount the ISO file, run setup.exe from the fake DVD drive created by mounting the ISO file.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39036-cant-find-newest-build-after-rolling-back-previous-build.html
Relevancy 36.55%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Satellite-P50-A09M-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 36.55%

Everytime I try and updated or patch a problem on my computer I get this message (Version of Source build is not target build) and I'm unable to download repairs. What can I do I have tried a few things but same message.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90827-Updates-issue-version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 36.55%

My current system was upgraded to windows 7 32bit from vista 32bit (I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade disc when it was first released). I am going to build a complete new system. Can I install windows 7 64bit from the same windows 7 disc? Or do I have to buy a new windows 7 disc? Is there a way around buying a whole new disc?

A:Solved: New computer build work with old build's Windows 7 Disc?

It won't activate and you will end up in Safe Mode permanently. One machne = one license. You need to buy another full version. But you can do it if you don't use 7 on the old machine. You will just have to activate by phone and explain. Then if you go online with both, one will deactivate and go to Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-build-work-with-old-builds-windows-7-disc.1005746/
Relevancy 36.12%

I've been stuck on build 11102.rs1_release.160113-1800.
Going to Settings. Update & Security, Check for updates says "your device is up to date".
Checked for updates at least 10 times and always get the same response "Your device is up to date".

I don't want to download an ISO and clean install - I'd like to get the insider updates through
the standard update process.

Any suggestion or solutions?

Thanks

A:build 11102 will not download latest build 14271

Try this - worked for me in a similar situation.

I deleted all folders in the software distribution folder, selected to leave Insider Program from updates menu, rebooted, rejoined Program and then it found the updates. Try just deleting folders first and checking for updates. That works for some but did not for me (it was the leaving and rejoining that seemed to do the trick).

If you try rejoining and leaving, make an image backup of 11102 first, just in case leaving and rejoining should cause it not to activate (especially if you never started from a valid 7/8 licence). Good idea to make the backup anyway in case the upgrade fails (you would then have to go back to 10586 and start afresh)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/41994-build-11102-will-not-download-latest-build-14271-a.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I am trying to install Windows Build from Windows Build I Install Windows 10586 10 Build Build 10240 From have just received the Windows Update Assistant popup telling me I'm not running the latest version of Windows I have it downloaded but it will not install The computer check Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 said my computer is good to go Asus AllInOne Model ET I've tried several times and each time it reaches the computer restarts and then it goes into quot reinstalling your previous version quot and I'm back to Build I know there are other people with the same problem but no solution One website said to delete quot Windows old folder as that may be a problem using Disk Cleanup but it doesn't show up on my Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 computer under quot Clean Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 up system files Previous Windows installations There is a quot Windows old quot folder on my C drive but it is full of empty folders I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and delete it There is also a new folder called Windows Upgrade with files in it Hope someone can help thank you

A:Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240

Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? That seems to have been what's caused it for me. Unfortunately I seem no longer to be able to trigger the update, darn it, as Windows now feels it has updated and all's fine (it hasn't).
uninstall the Razer software and try again. Hopefully it hasn't messed you up completely.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433934-install-windows-10-build-10586-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 36.12%

If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications?

A:Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)

Yes. Mount the ISO file as virtual DVD by double clicking it and launch the Setup.exe to start upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65102-install-rtm-build-14393-over-preview-build-14931-a.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My current system specs are below is getting a bit dated and frankly I m just itching to build a new computer Since the days of pentium hyperthreading socket and AGP video cards are long gone I m looking for some advice and or guides on where to look for ideas I like to play games although I wouldn t consider myself a gaming geek in that I need the latest card and processor But I do like quality I guess what I m looking for is a decent mid range system that ll make look FSX and Vista look good without breaking my bank I new Want any you'd guides recommend? good system, to build 'build' a m partial to Intel ASUS and ATI but I d really be willing to try anything as I know the market changes like the winds I m not real keen on the latest in technology for instance all I know a RAID to be is something we d Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? do in the middle of the night to the sorority houses looking for panties Any Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? ideas or general directions you can point me in would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-new-system-any-good-build-guides-youd-recommend.70046/
Relevancy 35.26%

utorrent isn't working too well whereas it usually does and I want to know what is the best utorrent for vista ultimate x64 build 6001 and also what are the best tweaks and settings for the version I should use please tell me the best/most ideall version and aqlso link me to a tweak/settings guide thanks. NOTE: I DO NOT USE UTORRENT TO DOWNLOAD ILLEGAL MATERIAL

A:Best Utorrent Build For Vista Ult. X64 Build 6001

hi ,,, i also use utorrent,,, as regards tweeks, there is not much you can do,,, its more to do with your hardware if you want faster and more stable downloads and what profile your broadband is,,, im on an 6meg profile and achive about 5 meg as im about 2km fromthe exchange,,, i use a site called kitz.com in the uk and they sugest useing a router and resetting the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unitif files collide then it has to be sent again,,, if the mtu is set to high it could be to fast and collisions happen and it has to be sent to you again slowing the download,,, default for ethernet setup on a windows os is 1500,,, to high,,, i reset mine to 1423 and torrents take less time now because files dont have to be re sent.http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/index.htmlook in ADSL tab at the top of the page and then "tweeking mtu" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149849/best-utorrent-build-for-vista-ult-x64-build-6001/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello,
After updating to this insider build my start menu,cortana menu,WiFi menu and action center do not work,how can I fix these?

Also sfc /scannow does not work "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - FIXED with batch file

Settings menu will not open since the start menu wont,even the personalization menu from the desktop does not open.

A:Windows 10 build insider build 14295

Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46396-windows-10-build-insider-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 35.26%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi All,
I am currently running OS 7 Beta RC Build 7100. Were do I get this newer version, is there a big difference? And am I able to upgrade to the newer Beta?

I realize that October is fast approaching for the RTM but I plan to keep running the Beta for a couple of months past the Grand Opening.

Is it possible that all the updates that I have received equally add up to the newer build?

A:Upgrade from Build 7100 to Build 7264?

I'm still wondering where people got build 7600. :/
I'm running the same build as you, but this beta is gonna expire soon, so we got no choice but to get the RTM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19147-upgrade-build-7100-build-7264-a.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Somewhat unusual situation here. A machine running the latest build (11102) got badly infected by malware. It was such a major attack that I was about to reload the earlier day's image from my Windows Home Server. But it seemed even easier to revert to the previous build, not yet removed from the Windows.old folder. This I did, and everything soon was running fine as expected.

The issue is that the Updates check is not offering Build 11102 again. This isn't a showstopper; I'm sure there will be another newer build soon. But it would be nice to be back up on this latest build, just as all my other Win10 machines are running.

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

A:How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

Hi,
If you have set it on Fast ring, it will be updated after 24 hrs, so need to be patient.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38539-how-get-latest-build-after-reverting-earlier-build.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I built the PC and have all the hardware installed. The disc that came with the mother board is in the reader drive. No signal is detected by the monitor. I am unsure if it has a BIOS.
here is a link to my parts list

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/alanhenry/saved/PNFtt6

i have reseated everything twice with no results.

A:new PC build. first time build. no signal to monitor

have u plugged in the TWO power plugs on the motherboard
have u plugged the power for the video card
have u checked the case to mobo power wire is in the right spot
the video card u have requires a minimum of 500w power supply.......... u have purchased a corsair cx 500 which is not up to the job, while being a fine psu for onboard video........it is underpowered for your system

the motherboard u chose is a tad low end see reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-first-time-build-no-signal-to-monitor.1148801/
Relevancy 35.26%

Microsoft released Windows for PCs build today the first Insider Preview build since the Anniversary Update was launched last Tuesday The company noted that it might take a few hours for the build to show for everyone As promised earlier this week there s not a the Here's for new Redstone first in PCs 14901, Windows 10 build build 2 what's lot that s new There are just two known issues Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build and one new feature Here s what s new Improving Product Education As part of an effort to explore new ways of educating our customers on features in Windows we are testing out new notifications within File Explorer They re designed to help customers by providing quick easy information about things they can do or new features they can try to have a better experience with Windows If you want to opt out of these notifications you can do so by unchecking Show sync provider notifications from the Options menu in the File Explorer View tab Dona Sarkar head of the Windows Insider Program took the time to mention Windows Mobile which was the one version of Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Windows that didn t get an Anniversary Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Update last week She said that the team is quot laser-focused quot on getting the AU to Mobile and she thinks that they re almost ready According to Dona you can help by installing build on your phone and submitting feedback nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/heres-whats-new-in-windows-10-for-pcs-build-14901-the-first-redstone-2-build.62327/
Relevancy 35.26%

Build 237 (2015-02-10) BETA

IMPROVED: Malware removal on Windows 8.

Build 236 (2015-02-10)

FIXED: Handling of Proxy Auto-Config (PAC) files.
ADDED: Command line switch /proxy=<noproxy|auto|wpad|http:|serverort>
Example: /proxy=http://server/pac.js
IMPROVED: Remnant scanner.
Download Links
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro.exe
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro_x64.exe

A:Hitman Pro 3.7.9 Build 236 Final/ Build 237 BETA

Beta Download:
http://www.hitmanpro.com/beta

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitman-pro-3-7-9-build-236-final-build-237-beta.42101/
Relevancy 35.26%

Windows 7 has reached RTM builds
and there will be several candidate builds in RTM.

first candidate build of RTM is build 7260.

6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110 - RTM branch build

compiled on 12 june.

You may ask why the first assembly win7_rtm has already been collected on 12 June not 15 June. There are several working groups involved in the process of assembling win 7 RTM build and will be assessing the quality of assemblies. Once the assembly is collected and its quality is confirmed, only then they put to the vote.

you may take time to understand all of these steps and procedures, so only the assembly from June 12 and June 15, attained the status of the real candidates for the final RTM release.

Edit :Link Removed.
but im not sure in news thread we quote links but not allowed in discussion threads
any reason for that!!!

A:Windows 7 Build 7260 (first candidate build of RTM)

Airbot pls do your job

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13378-windows-7-build-7260-first-candidate-build-rtm.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I plan on using this computer for games like FC Crysis Civ LoL look computer build, a good build? this First does like Arma Kerbal SP CoD SimCity torrenting and multitasking gaming music or gaming skype or all three I plan First computer build, does this look like a good build? on building it within the month I prefer performance over cost I have Windows Ultimate -bit I have a quot Samsung T B x Bose USB speakers and a mouse but I will need a keyboard I also have access to wired internet I m just wondering if anyone First computer build, does this look like a good build? has any suggestions on these parts seeing as I am new to computer building I did a good amount of research so far And also if these parts would fit and work well together Thank First computer build, does this look like a good build? you CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus P Z -V PRO GEN ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LP GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD GB Video Card Wired Network Adapter Intel EXPI CTBLK Mbps PCI-Express x Network Adapter Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Antec Basiq Plus W PLUS Certified ATX V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS - DVD CD Writer Keyboard Lite-On SK- BS Wired Standard Keyboard Total from Newegg nbsp

A:First computer build, does this look like a good build?

The build looks good. I only have one question. Is the on-board LAN (network adapter) not suitable for your needs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-build-does-this-look-like-a-good-build.191395/
Relevancy 33.97%

What's new in HitmanPro 3.7.7 Build 205 Beta:
August 26th, 2013

FIXED: Processing of ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad startup entries.
FIXED: Processing of Task Scheduler jobs.

Download

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitmanpro-3-7-7-build-203-3-7-7-build-205-beta.17869/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

Ive recently built a new comp and put win 7 on it. Now, I was wondering about the new/differant builds. Looks like I have build 7100. And thus far really like, alot!

Should I download a new build?

What are the differences? Will I notice?

Where Do I get new builds?

Thanks alot!

A:Should I upgrade My Win 7 build to a newer build???

The new build (7127 is the only new 1 so far) is available on most torrent sites. If you are having no issues with the RC build 7100 then you may not notice any difference, although, 7127 does seem a bit faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11123-should-i-upgrade-my-win-7-build-newer-build.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi All
I'm Tired Of Still Formatting My PC When Evered Anew Build Is Released
Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Formatting ?

Thanks

A:Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Format

Quick Answer: Yes

You could upgrade from a build to another build but it is recommended to do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15285-can-i-update-win-7-build-build-without-format.html
Relevancy 33.97%

All I would really appreciate your input on my final first Build: About my build, advice order ever C2D to please spec for my first build Intended Usage - Heavy multitasking C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please - Mail browsing downloading movies playng music with Mediaplayer decoding movies online poker - Games - Warcraft Flight sims RTS Other Info - I will be using my existing Dell inch LCD running x - I will experiment with moderate overclocking but this is my main system so I want a stable box that will run for - years - I don t want the extra complexity of RAID - I am not interested in SLI I will buy the top of the line DX graphics card next year the current choice is only a stop gap - Based on what I have heard above the minimal cpu impact I am going for on board sound rather than a separate card - In future I see myself upgrading to C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please quad core - I will run XP as my main OS with Vista on its own partition until I am happy to move to Vista late next year Will also have another OS partition on the main Harddrive C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please for messing around with Linux Questions - What are your general thoughts - How does my memory choice look - Does my PSU look ok for the future I would like a modular unit I won t go SLI but do see myself having Quad core and a beefy DX GPU as well as SATA devices - Is there an ATI alternative to my graphics card choice as I hear ATI is the way to go right now Also I want to avoid reinstalling my OS if I move to an ATI DX card I have hear that you should reinstall the OS if you are changing between ATI amp Nvidia drivers - What s the view on my case I want something with good cooling quiet space to move around in and good looking Suggestions Spec These parts are available in online amp local stores i live in Holland Processor - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - P W DH Deluxe Intel X I changed this from a Gigabyte DQ after hearing about a lot of memory problems Cooler - Zalman CNPS AT Memory - GB - OCZ DDR PC - Platinum Revision CL - - - OR GB Corsair XMS TWIN X DDR MB CL Video - XFX GeForce GT MB will upgrade to DX card s next year Hard Drive - Western Digital Raptor WD AD - Windows XP Vista Linux Games partitions Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda - another of these to be added later for backup Case - GigaByte D Aurora I have been bouncing between a Coolermaster Mystique a Coolermaster Praetorian and a Collermaster WaveMaster now I have this choice PSU - OCZ Modstream W or Antec NEO W Floppy cardreader - Mitsumi in FDD Cardreader Optical - NEC AD- A DVD burner nbsp

A:C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please

Good, except for the E6600. Get the E6400 and overclock it (should overclock well with that board and your ram, without blowing up your processor in 3 years). Will save you quite a bit of money that way.

Also just a personal recommendation. Get the Enermax Noisetaker II 485W PSU instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c2d-build-about-to-order-my-first-ever-build-advice-please.58811/
Relevancy 33.97%

I just installed a SSD, Crucial M4 64GB, which for now is connected via a SATAII header. If connected to the SATAIII, where it should be, it, or any drive, appears as a USB card with the Safely Remove icon.With it on SATAII it doesn't get the most performance. Any drive on SATAII shows as a normal HDD in computer. I have a 320GB HDD on the SATAIII header for storage in this snip.Performance seems a bit off for a SSD too, but I think that will improve after TRIM has more time to work.

A:SSD newly installed

The "eject devices" icon is actually perfectly normal if you're running in AHCI mode, because of the hotplugging feature that comes with it. Since you'll never unplug your OS drive of course (and it probably wouldn't let you anyway), just ignore the icon.

You say it doesn't appear with devices connected to the SATA-II ports vs. SATA-III. That makes me wonder if you have separate BIOS settings to configure either one as IDE or AHCI, independently of the other.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/197396-ssd-newly-installed.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I recently bought a copy of Windows 7 and installed it, put the product key in and it has been working fine for a few weeks. Suddenly, it's saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine." The computer has only ever had Windows 7 on it. I read that it could be an issue if I used an "upgrade" version of Windows 7. I'm not sure if that's what I have or not. I ordered "Windows 7 Premium." It says, "Includes Windows Anytime Upgrade" but it doesn't say it's an upgrade version.

Now, when I try to put the product key in, it's saying it's invalid. Can anyone help me? I tried calling Microsoft but keep getting a busy signal.

A:Newly installed Win 7

HiDid you activate it? It will run 30 days without activation and then give you that error message.I have never hit a busy signal with Microsoft. Are you sure you are calling the right number? Do not use a number from Google search.Activate Windows 7 on this computer Activate using the telephoneIf Windows isn't able to activate online, you'll have the option to activate Windows 7 using an automated phone system. Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, right-clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Activate Windows now.‌ Click Show me other ways to activate. Type your Windows 7 product key, and then click Next. Click Use the automated phone system. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Click the location nearest you from the drop-down list, and then click Next. Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process. When prompted, enter the installation ID that's listed on your screen into your phone's keypad. Write down the confirmation ID that the phone system gives you. Type the confirmation ID into the space provided under Step 3 in the activation dialog, click Next, and then follow the instructions. If activation isn't successful, stay on the line to be transferred to a customer service representative who can assist you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470848/newly-installed-win-7/
Relevancy 33.97%

Could someone take a peek at this HJ log for me The only thing I see that looks questionable is the last ups formatted on newly pop HD line Could someone verify if this is needed Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec pop ups on newly formatted HD Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files STOPzilla Stopzilla exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings KERVEN SERVICE Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www subarunet com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B pop ups on newly formatted HD - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO pop ups on newly formatted HD BrowserHelper Class - E F - - D - F B- D B D - C WINDOWS system StopzillaBHO dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IST Service C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run STOPzilla C Program Files STOPzilla Stopzilla exe autorun O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF A C-E A- F- BA - F B F Installer Class - http www xxxtoolbar com ist softwares v regular cab nbsp

A:pop ups on newly formatted HD

Read this:

http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/pf/adware.istbar.html

And you might want to remove Windows Messenger as it is a source of trouble. See this:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/messenger_removal.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-ups-on-newly-formatted-hd.274637/
Relevancy 33.97%

fresh install of XP home SP and device manager has yellow question mark under a few things under quot other devices quot i managed to download and install drivers for my audio to work the sound plays Newly installed SP2 XP and all but heres a list of things with the question mark -Other Devices --Audio Device on High Newly installed XP SP2 Definition Audio Bus --Network Controller --Other PCI Bridge Device --SM Bus Controller --Video Controller VGA Compatible I have a VisionTek Radeon HD Pro mb video card i added thats what the monitor is plugged into and im getting video the screen is very laggy tho if Newly installed XP SP2 i move a window around The video connection does not work with the monitor connection that came with the computer only with the one i installed Display properties Default Monitor on resolution by I really just need help getting this computer back online i put a drive finder program on there also i could use the search online option for drivers for the rest of everything my PC specs Product MPN MPN RE AA Key Features Processor AMD Sempron GHz Chipset What is quot Chipset quot NVIDIA GeForce LE Installed Memory MB DDR SDRAM Operating System What is quot Operating System quot Microsoft Windows Newly installed XP SP2 XP Home Edition HDD Size GB Optical Drive Type DVD-ROM DVD Burner CD-ROM CD Burner Recommended Use Home Use Processor Processor Type What is quot Processor Type quot AMD Sempron Processor Speed What is quot Processor Speed quot GHz Processor Manufacturer AMD Socket Type What is quot Socket Type quot Socket AM Processor Upgradability Upgradable Installed Qty Max Processors Qty Motherboard Bus Speed MHz Video Output Interface PCI Express Memory RAM Technology DDR SDRAM Installed RAM What is quot Installed RAM quot MB lt ---UPGRADE TO GB --IS RECOGNIZED AND WORKING FINE Max Supported RAM GB Number of Memory Slots x Pin DIMMs Supported RAM Speeds MHz Installed Cache Memory KB Technical Features Integrated Input Output Ports USB x RJ Lan Port x PS Mouse x PS Keyboard x RJ Phone Jack x Input Expansion Bays x quot External Access x quot Internal Access x quot External Access Expansion Slots PCI Express x x PCI x Hard Drive Hard Drive Capacity What is quot Hard Drive Capacity quot GB Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA Hard Drive Rotation Speed RPM Controller Type Serial ATA CD DVD Optical Drive Type What is quot Optical Drive Type quot CD-RW DVD-ROM Combo Optical Drive Read Speed x DVD x CD Optical Drive Write Speed x CD-R Optical Drive ReWrite Speed x CD-RW Audio Video Graphic Processor NVIDIA GeForce LE lt --UPGRADED READ ABOVE Video Out Ports Pin D-Sub VGA port x Audio Input Microphone Jack x Line In Audio Output Type Headphones Line out Integrated Audio AC Audio Codec Modem Modem Type Fax Modem Networking Networking Type Integrated Network Card Data Link Protocol Ethernet Fast Ethernet Dimensions Width in Depth in Height in Weight lb Warranty Warranty Year Miscellaneous OS Certified What is quot OS Certified quot Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Family Line Hewlett Packard Compaq Presario Please help

A:Newly installed XP SP2

Hi -This site has the latest drivers for your Vision Tec Radeon HD 2600 card - That can be one problem -The others should be able to be found by normal driver search in control panel -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308980/newly-installed-xp-sp2/
Relevancy 33.97%

my brother is home from college and he was apparently downloading some not so clean files from a p p site yikes anyways his computer is now acting up and Newly PC... infected it happened halfway through one of the downloads the welcome screen takes abnormally wrong there is no internet connection and when I whipped out Newly infected PC... my toolkit flash drive I was going to install avg free and it continuously pops up with quot download manager has Newly infected PC... stopped working quot dialog boxes Newly infected PC... Ever since I moved to my ibook I have been out of the virus game because there are so little amount of viruses for macs so I am definitely competent don t be afraid to tell me what to do in technical terms anyways here is his hijackthis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exeC Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Windows System Macromed Shockwave SwHelper exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exeF HijackThis exeC Windows System mobsync exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C ... Read more

A:Newly infected PC...

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.1.Please do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!2.Please reply to this thread, do not start another!3.Please tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.4.Please tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.5.Please try as much as possible not to run anything while executing a fix.If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly.Download LSPFix.exeDownload this program and save it, you may need it later to connect to the internetLSP fixdon't run this unless you happen to lose you internet connectionIf after the fix you are unable to connect to the internet please run this program as followsnavigate to where you saved the file and double-click on it to start the applicationNow that the application is started you will see a screen with two sections labeled Keep and Remove. If you just want to fix a broken chain, you can just click the Finish button.I would like to get a better look at your system, please do the following so I can get some more detailed logs.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyGmerDownload GMER Rootkit Scanner from here.Double click the .exe file. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consentIf it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NOIn the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...IAT/EATDrives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\) Show All (don't miss this one)Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finishOnce done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log fileSave it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entriesNote: Do not run any programs while Gmer is running.information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from GMER3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321193/newly-infected-pc/
Relevancy 33.97%

My Log? Hijackthis D/l Newly computer has been acting funny Newly D/l Hijackthis Log? asking me about going to a secure server even though I m not signing into any email or anything so I downloaded the new Hijackthis and here s the log anything looks phishy let me know please Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro Newly D/l Hijackthis Log? HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Newly D/l Hijackthis Log? lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system PackethSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system oobe msoobe exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- br br B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ALUAlert quot C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALuNotify exe quot quot LOWDISKSPACE C quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck SystemRoot System svchost exe -k netsvcs O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SRFirstRun rundll srclient dll CreateFirstRunRp O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - br br - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d - br br BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-d-l-hijackthis-log.702574/
Relevancy 33.97%

Well today I ran out to staples to go on a shopping spree... well I only bought a 200GB HDD that was on sale for $70 and then a $20 rebate. Well I get home to find out that there is no room to put this new HDD. Now when I say no room I don't mean there isn't a slot in my computer for it (because there is) but there isn't a place to plug it in with the ATA cable.

I really want this HDD installed for extra space (Anime, movies, games, etc.) but I don't know a way to do so without taking out the other HDD. I'm also not too literate on this side of computers so any help is appreciated. If I'm not making any sense please tell me.

A:Need help with a newly bought HDD.

Two hard drives can be fitted to each mobo ata connector, you probably just need to buy a new data cable that has two hard drive plugs on it instead of one!!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-a-newly-bought-hdd.60326/
Relevancy 33.97%

I just installed window 8 and loving it so far. A few questions. How do I delete all the old programs from windows 7? I want top reload the ones I want. I want to have more disk space and clear up the hard drive. I want to get rid of all the programs I loaded on windows 7.

Also, how do you search for programs? The old task menu in od, windows had the search with accessories.

Aside from that all is great.

Thanks

A:Newly Installed

Hello Teak, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Luckily, you can uninstall programs the same way as in Windows 7 through Programs and Features.
Programs and Features - Uninstall or Change a Program - Windows 7 Help Forums
The Apps screen will show you a list of all installed programs that you can open them from. It'll be easier to use than searching for them.

Apps Screen - Open in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/39208-newly-installed.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Okay, so i just formated a dell Inspiron 1300 laptop with a XP Media Center Version 2005 w/ update rollup 2. The operating system came with my dell desktop. Now i'm having problems witht he internet connections and such, im not sure how to set them up or anything. and the drivers and utilities CD doesn't seem to be helping at all. any help would be appreciated.

A:Newly formatted XP problems

for setting internet connection goto
start>all programs>accessories>communications>new connection wizard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/newly-formatted-xp-problems-200583.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hallo I have just recently bought parts for my new computer but sadly there is a problem When I assembled the computer and powered it up bios just woudn t load up The power is ok W the fans on graphic card and on the processor are running and I just don t know what it could be wrong The components are - Radeon HD link http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx newly assembled with Problems PC pid ov - Gigabyte GA- XA-UD link http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid ov - AMD FX- link http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E - Corsair Vengeance x GB MHz link http www corsair com memory-by-pr hannel-ddr -memory-kit-cmz gx m a c Problems with newly assembled PC html - ssd crucial m gb link http www crucial com store partspecs aspx IMODULE CT M SSD When i saw that there is zero responce on screen the s a message that there is no signal I also tried with just ram stick tried tothe of them in different slots I would greatly apreciate your response Regards nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

I just built a PC I am almost positive I connected everything correctly according to the book I got with my motherboard and when I pluged it in and it the ower button nothing happened.
I have:
400 W power suply (powmax)
P4 2.4 GhZ
Intel 845 motherboard
512 DDR ram
AGP video card
DVD-Rom drive
powmax case

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Relevancy 33.54%

I reformatted my computer with windows xp OEM and updated it from microsoft and registered it. I installed my graphics card with no problem, but my soundblaster live 5.1 sound card will install but have no sound. When I troubleshoot and go to volume control it does not give me an option to unmute the volume or turn it up. I am lost.