Windows Support Forum

Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Q: Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the correct place but here it goes my Sell insperion laptop worked just fine as of a couple of days ago. We ended up connecting it to the Ethernet cord and it works. We've tried restarting it numerous times and it doesn't recognize any networks. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Have you checked under your Device Manager to see if the WiFi was disabled for some reason? Does your Dell have a physical WiFi button, and is it turned on? You could also go to the Dell website and download the WiFi device drivers for your specific laptop. Un-install the WiFi drivers, reboot and then re-install them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped-working-now-only-works-wired.212471/
Relevancy 72.24%

I ve got a regular desktop pc and a laptop Both are running Windows If both machines are wired file and printer sharing works like expected If the laptop is on the wireless things go sour The machines don t see each other I can t ping the laptop from the desktop or vice versa Strangely enough if I ping the desktop from the laptop by IP address the desktop will reply At that point the desktop will see the Solved: doesn't file wired-wired works, sharing wired-wireless laptop too and sharing file printer amp media works fine But if Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't the connection is idle for a couple of minutes Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't they won t see each other anymore I ve tried all kinds of things disabled IPv on both reconfigured file and printer sharing disabled the firewalls on both But none of these changes have had any effect whatsoever I have also tried to give everything the same name SSID workgroup and network name on the desktop but that had no effect either More info - Wired and wireless clients are on the same subnet - The router is a Linksys WRT- N - AP isolation is disabled - uPnP is enabled on the router Does anyone have any clue how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I am having an issue with the wireless on my laptop It started out as all working, Wireless works not wired network connectivity last night but Wireless not working, wired works I was able to get the wired networking up and running by using sfc scannow I have tried a couple ways to reinstall the drivers for the wireless card which is missing from the device manager and I get errors depending on how I attempt to install the On to the specifics Here is the TSG info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc TKV Antivirus CenturyLink Online Security Updated and Enabled This in on a Dell Inspiron the wireless is listed on the Dell website as WLAN half mini card I downloaded the driver package from Dell and when I run the install at makes it about of the way and then I get this error quot ERROR quot HARP REL quot has occured and Setup cannot continue quot If I got to device manage and try to update the driver for the quot network controller quot I have to point Windows to the folder aand then I get this error quot The specified procedure cound not be found quot Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance nbsp

A:Wireless not working, wired works

HARP_REL_5_3 828Click to expand...

not much documented on that error other than a HP forum entry which commented on wrong driver

using the service tag number on the machine (please post the service tag number) - are you sure you have the correct driver
can we see a screen shot for the device manager and also see below for how to identify hardware - may help make sure we have the correct driver

right click on the device with a yellow!
Properties
Click on the Details Tab
Under Property - drop down
Select hardware ids
Right click and select all.
Then right click again and select copy.
Copy and paste that here.

The Hardware ID's. VEN & DEV. Look them up here.
http://www.pcidatabase.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-not-working-wired-works.1028275/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey im new to this forum and i am frustrated with my internet Im currently using a Western Digital box wired to the box and to my PC It worked for a couple of days then suddenly it stopped working yellow exclamation mark Heres my Ipconfig Quote Windows IP Configuration Ethernet Working Internet Wired Stopped adapter Local Area Connection Wired Internet Stopped Working Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe df f Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap vc shawcable net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F B - B - E- B- D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B B - - DA- -BE C D Media State Media disconnected Wired Internet Stopped Working Connection-specific DNS Wired Internet Stopped Working Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C AF -E F - B-BC -F C FCCDCD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPCONFIG ALL Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Bobby-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List vc shawcable net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe df f Prefe Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D -E - - - -F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vc shawcable net Description ASUS n Network Adapter Physical Address BC-AE-C - D-A -DC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c e bb c a d c Prefe IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday October Lease Expires Wednesday October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D -E - - - -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap vc shawcable net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c ee c fce cd rred Link-local IPv Address fe ee c fce cd Prefer Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E - A- C - A- CA E br br br Media State Media disconnected br Connection-specific DNS Suffix vc shawcable net br Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter br Physical Address - - - - - - -E br DHCP Enabled No br Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes br br Tunnel adapter TO Adapter br br Media State Media disconnected br Connection-specific DNS Suffix br Description Microsoft to Adapter br Physical Address - - - - - - -E br DHCP Enabled No br Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes br br Tunnel adapter isatap F B - B - E- B- D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B B - - DA- -BE C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Addres... Read more

A:Wired Internet Stopped Working

According to the ipconfig you aren't getting anything from the router for the wired connection so resetting the router might be a good place to start.

How many of those Tunnel adaptors are showing up further down the ipconfig?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256237-wired-internet-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an IBM Thinkpad t30 2366 with a Cisco Systems PCI Wireless LAN Adapter. I usually never have any issues with the wireless internet but lately everytime I go to my usual hotspots, I'm unable to browse. The wireless network icon in my tray says I get an excellent signal (I also don't get the limited or no connectivity balloon) but when I try to browse I get nothing but blank pages, that's to say, not even the "problem loading page" screen, just blank. The status bar indicates no loading going on (not filling up at all) and quickly indicates "done." all this happens only when I try to use wifi, wired browsing still works fine. I'm using firefox on windows XP SP3. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ruydiaz

A:Solved: wifi not working, wired browsing works

When you're connected to one of these hotspots, please do this.
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-not-working-wired-browsing-works.889094/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have my internet hooked up to a DSL Modem and a Wireless Wired working ? not but Wireless Connection works Solved: Router But I had Solved: Wireless Connection works but Wired not working ? configured the Wireless Router wrong that I couldn t connect to it using a WiFi I was going to reconfigure it but the Netgear Router was outdated that their reconfiguring URL no longer existed So I went out and got a NEW Netgear Router Prior to the NEW Router I had a Laptop and a PC connected via DSL Cable connected in the Wireless Router Now with the NEW Router I had just purchased I connected everything just like I had done with my previous Router Wireless Connect works great but I can t connected using the DSL Cable connection It does not respond I tried connecting the cables to different ports but it didn t work My PC mainly needs the wired connection cuz it s where I play my Online games I tried playing with my Wireless connect but it lags very bad Can someone help me figure out how to get the wired connections to work Wireless Router Netgear N Wireless and Dual Band Router nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Connection works but Wired not working ?

how many pcs are connected by wire?

lets see an ipconfig /all with just the cable connected
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-works-but-wired-not-working.1030548/
Relevancy 69.66%

A friend s WinXP: GMail wired) when works (on working only wireless, not laptop is running Windows XP He s connected to a TP-LINK wireless router which in turn is connected to the internet through a Juniper WiMax modem All websites load fine with the exception of GMail and some google-related sites Somewhere in the middle of the redirects during authentication it just spits out a blank page and sits there This happens with FireFox and this happens with IE WinXP: only GMail not working (on wireless, works when wired) This also happens when I use a SOCKS proxy which operates on port Only GMail and the few google sites like search results don t work Everything else works fine Network connectivity is fine DNS is being resolved properly I can WinXP: only GMail not working (on wireless, works when wired) traceroute the google webservers ping yahoo everything else with no problem This isn t a cache related issue I have completely removed FireFox - deleted the profile folders and re-installed Cleared cache in IE as well - yet the problem persists This isn t a firewall antivirus issue i ve disabled them all and re-enabled them without any change There s no malware or worms viruses or rootkits of any sort Now here s the crazy part If i disconnect the laptop from the wireless router and connect it directly to the Juniper WiMAX modem it starts working fine Everything works GMail and all I connect the modem back to the wireless router and the same problem comes up again Other devices on this wireless router don t have any such problem an iPhone and another laptop So to summarise google some sites don t work when i m connected through the wireless router this problem is only on this laptop but when i connect the laptop directly to the WiMax modem everything works fine All my friend really needs is GMail to start working but that refuses to do so even through a SOCKS proxy Anyone have any thoughts nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-only-gmail-not-working-on-wireless-works-when-wired.803446/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello I am new here I have an HP Pavilion entertainment laptop Everything Wired just working jack fine wireless internet not works but was functioning just fine Then windows update happened It was a critical update that cannot be undone I performed the update Immediately after all of the preinstaled HP software quit working I fought and fought and I have most of it working again but all of it is very buggy and crashes a lot HP Help and support and HP health no longer work I had to install the vista versions and I run them in compatibility mode They still don't work rite Another critical update was released and then my internet port on the side stopped working My laptop cannot connect to the internet through it but will via wireless In the hardware manager my internet card shows up as the driver failing to load It is Realtek PCB family controller Uninstalls and re installs don't work I even used a registry cleaner registry first aid to uninstall it so as to remove all the registry keys Letting windows Wired internet jack not working but wireless works just fine try to install Wired internet jack not working but wireless works just fine the driver fails as does letting the realtek software try Also every reinstall just adds a number to the end of it I am on Wired internet jack not working but wireless works just fine Realtek now I need to get this driver to work but it will not I am not seeing a whole lot about it so I guess this isn't a common problem Everything else I have works fine so far as I can tell I also tried using the file browser to hunt down all things realtek related and delete them Windows just gives me the new hardware box puts back what I deleted then tells me the driver failed What can I do I am very challenged with computers so please forgive me if this has a simple solution Thank you

A:Wired internet jack not working but wireless works just fine

Run Windows System Restore - choose a restore point prior to the installation of the Windows Update you mentioned -
START | type rstrui

What is the exact model number of the HP laptop - look on the label on the bottom.

Registry cleaners are unnecessary and can cause registry damage -

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...er-401950.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post1722857

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wired-internet-jack-not-working-but-wireless-works-just-fine-583738.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I never had a problem before but one of my usb ports stopped working. I just get a message saying that i exceeded the power level. When i tried it on other ports that particular mouse doesn't work in any of them, however my other mouse which is wireless works.

Any ideas
Thanks

A:Usb port for wired mouse stopped working, says exceeded power level

Probably a short in the mouse circuit board or cable and is drawing excessive power from the USB port. May be time for a new mouse.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/284705-usb-port-wired-mouse-stopped-working-says-exceeded-power-level.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I m new to the forum and I ve been looking for a solution to this problem for about a week and have seen several similar problems but nothing seems to work There are two computers in the house both Compaq running XP both connected to the internet the same way that is to say same phone line modem router There is no file or printer sharing everything is wired and the configuration hasn t changed for months Anyway all of the sudden on the PC that s giving me problems aka Cardarn Jr started coming PC the still on on works DSL other working stopped one up with Firefox s quot server not found quot error and IE reports quot page cannot be displayed quot I took the my usual actions of letting the modem and router rest for a while before I started troubleshooting I plugged Cardarn Jr straight into the modem and got the same results I ran the ISP s support tools and it reported that everything was fine and since this PC works I m inclined to agree I DSL stopped working on one PC still works on the other used the modems diagnostics and it also reported everything to be fine speedstream modem provided by ISP I can ping myself and google from the command prompt and the modem s diag tools Also if I enter a sites IP address Firefox will show the page but no links will work So far I have looked at ipconfig all and it says Host Name CardarnJr Primary DNS suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing enabled No Wins Prox enabled No Desc Realtek RTL Family Fast Ethernet NIC DHCP yes Autoconfig yes IP Adress Subnet Mask Default gateway DHCP Server DNS This all looks fine to me but i did a release flushdns renew anyway This didn t help so I did some searching and did ran netsh commands suggested in anoter thread i remember the jist of one was reset winsock and the other was reset ip the winsock one seemed to work but the other one just came up with a the cmd prompt again now feedback on all Everything is still coming up the same and I have no idea what to do now And THANKS to anyone who gets all the way to the end of this post and still feels like helping oh BTW the PC was connected to the modem with a linksys router when the problem started if that helps any nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I get the message microsoft 8 has stopped working when trying to print spreadsheet or database, i have tried the microsoft download solution and at the end i just get the blue screen, i am contimplating doing a uninstall and reinstall with the microsoft 8.5 disk. I am a little apprehensive about doing this with vista and would like to know if anyone has had success with the reinstall solving this problem and if this the solution? Can i expect any ny problems with the reinstall? I am using a dell dimension c521 with visa home premium 32 bit.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/166710-get-microsoft-works-8-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

microsoft works 8 stopped working cannot get into my data on the calender
microsoft was pre loaded on my window vista system

Relevancy 65.79%

pre loaded software microsoft 8 stopped working cannot get into my calender where my work is help please

A:microsoft works 8 stopped working

please do not duplicate posts here
closing this post

continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/1066298-microsoft-works-8-stopped-working.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-8-stopped-working.1066302/
Relevancy 64.93%

Error C0000218-Registry file fail,Cant load{HIVE}file--/systemroot/system32/config/sam. Running XP spk3-HP Compaq Presario,Preloaded.Had to make 11 Recovery Disks on purchase.Dont have XP Disk.
i can run built in system restore,BUT i cant run PC Recovery so i can run system back to original. i dont know what has happened to cause this problem. Computer boots up and internet running-all a bit slow though-Somehow i've also lost all my spare H/Drive space-approx 40Gig.Only downloaded 1 small program, dont know what the heck is going on.
Any assistance greatly appreciated,
Sincerely TONY

A:pc recovery stopped working,sys restore works

I wonder what file you downloaded, and did you install any software or hardware in front of this crash? If not, it sounds like a HD crash to me. But check this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830084

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-recovery-stopped-working-sys-restore-works.768084/
Relevancy 64.93%

Ah please help me this is bizarre and driving me the up the wall!

I was playing a game then noticed keyboard wasn't working, randomly! I exited using mouse and found keyboard wasn't working in windows at all. I rebooted and got the same result.

Ive tried a different keyboard and it does the same.

What is odd is it works at the login screen, if I log in to my other acount its fine! yet on my normal user account it doesn't work

Tried driver reinstalling, system restore and msconfig to start up in diagnostic.

Any ideas?
Oh please someone must have an idea?!
Thanks
David

A:Keyboard stopped working but works on different user!

Try removing the drivers and rebooting. Control Panel>Device Manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/44961-keyboard-stopped-working-but-works-different-user.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Firefox 3.02 stopped working. I upgraded to 3.03, then tried a clean reinstall, then tried going back to Firefox 2. Tried running Firefox in Safe Mode. Also disabled Norton, and Windows Firewall. Also tried uninstalling Windows SP3. Nothing worked! IE and Outlook Express work fine. Before this happened I uninstalled the free Norton Corporate Edition which came with my new computer and installed my university's Symantec Antivirus 10.1.5.5000. I read somewhere that Norton uninstall can cause this problem, but don't know what to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-stopped-working-ie-works-fine-298823.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My system is a dual boot system XP Pro SP and Vista Ultimate SP Intel motherboard w chipset and a E CPU stopped card in in working works XP Vista, Videop GB RAM Videop card stopped working in Vista, works in XP and it had a Geforce GT M video card installed The other night I rebooted from Vista to XP and when I booted back Videop card stopped working in Vista, works in XP to Vista later there was no video when the OS reached the GUI i e it has video through the boot screen with the scrolling bar Back in XP everything works great in Vista it worked in safe mode only I disabled the video card in safe mode and was able to boot to Vista I tried updating the driver to v but the issue still existed So I contacted Nvidia who had me try driver and but still no video with the video card enabled Next they want me to try driver but I was convinced the card had failed in some weird way so I installed a new GT with GB RAM Same problem I looked at the monitor's settings and there wasn't much to adjust in the OSD and I am befuddled by the fact that the entire thing works perfectly in XP Of course I could try a restore point to see what may have changed but that was when I found out about the problem with losing your restore points when you dual boot with XP info here Any one have a suggestion about where I should look next

A:Videop card stopped working in Vista, works in XP

This is driving me nuts, my only remianing choice seems to be a reload of Vista, which means rebuilding the dual boot, and reinstalling everything! Anyone have any help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/videop-card-stopped-working-in-vista-works-in-xp-278057.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Tonight there was a lightning storm, I can't imagine how that could have had this effect, but I can't ignore the timing either. IE and Firefox just flat out quit loading anything

The address is not valid

Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

But AOL explorer alone works beautifully......Though runs of speed tests are showing a shakey download/upload stream, although I'm still getting 8 megs/1 meg, and again IE and Firefox just flat won't work.

HELP please? Anyone?

A:IE just flat stopped working, but AOL explorer works fine

Have you tried a system restore to an earlier date?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-just-flat-stopped-working-but-aol-explorer-works-fine-266711.html
Relevancy 64.07%

This afternoon I left my computer on still stopped headset usb working, Speakers suddenly works and everything was fine I came to use it later and it had automatically restarted and was at the log in screen The sound no longer works through my speakers I plugged in my USB headset and the sound does work through them SOFTWARE Windows XP SP Device Manager had a yellow for quot other devices quot then two sub devices like this Other Devices Speakers suddenly stopped working, usb headset still works SM Bus Controller High Definition Audio OPERATING SYSTEM OS Windows XP SP HARDWARE Gigabyte P Speakers suddenly stopped working, usb headset still works motherboard C-Media HD Oxygen sound card WHAT IVE DONE I googled the missing High Definition Audio driver and found other people saying to go to your motherboards website and reinstall the latest drivers I found three different drivers listed there and downloaded all three under 'audio' quot Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip quot quot Microsoft UAA Universal Audio Architecture Bus driver quot under 'chipset' quot Intel INF installation quot I tried installing the quot Intel INF installation quot first It was only a MB file but the installation progress just went from to to till it restarted and it didn't look like it was doing anything so I alt ctrl del closed it I then installed the Realtek Function driver and I think this is just for sound settings on the onboard sound which isn't what I use since I have a separate sound card I also reinstalled the sound card's drivers and that didn't do anything

A:Speakers suddenly stopped working, usb headset still works

Oh and I also did a system restore and that didn't help either. I checked all of the connections with the speakers and they are all where they are supposed to be. When I turn the power from the speakers off and on I can hear the sound it makes, that low *thud* sound.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/speakers-suddenly-stopped-working-usb-headset-still-works-459234.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My dad is using Microsoft Works 7.0 on his Windows Vista laptop and for some reason the Calendar has randomnly stopped working.
Everytime I try to open the calendar I get this message;

I have tried reinstalling the program but it still shows that message.

Any idea how to get it to work again or what might be causing the problem?

Many thanks.

A:Microsoft Works 7.0 Calendar randomnly stopped working...

Anyone?

I don't think it's actually uninstalling Works completely because when I reinstall it the history in Works is still there...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-7-0-calendar-randomnly-stopped-working.792963/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello My name is Vladan and I have had a problem occur yesterday My internet stopped working I immediately tried my phone s wireless connection and saw that it was working fine so I tried laptop wireless and it too was working When I plug works Network stopped troubleshoot Ethernet working,Wireless in my network cable it stops working My ethernet internet connection status shows that Ipv and Ipv have quot no internet accsess Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works quot It s not just my laptop s wired internet that stopped working it s Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works the whole network I have in my apartment consisting of two more computers who also lost their wired-ethernet internet accsess I suspect something is wrong with my router since it relays my internet but wireless works fine so I m stumped When I plug in my cable it shows limited connectivity I have tried ipconfig release - renew I have tried netsh Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works winsock reset and netsh int ip reset log txt I have tried netsh winsock reset catalog also I tried netsh int ipv reset reset log and it said the following Resetting Interface OK Resetting Neighbor OK Resetting Path OK Resetting failed Accsess is denied Resetting OK Restart the computer to complete this action I don t know what is this quot failed and accsess is denied quot but it might be the problem I have rebooted my router several times but also with no results I have checked DHCP settings for both router and laptop adapter and it all checks out I have check IP filtering and MAC filtering on router and it all looks fine I use no firewall nor could that explain the whole network of no wired internet The only thing I haven t tried is MS fixit tool should I I don t think that would work since it s the entire wired network that is the problem My router is Cisco EPC EuroDocsis If you need any further information I can provide I have some IT and Network background so I can follow some advanced instructions How can I define the problem and how can I resolve this issue Any help or assitance would be greatly appreciated I have reposted this with some added info and because I used the wrong social tag in my previous post since it was my first Thanks in advance VladanHello My name is Vladan and I have had a problem occur yesterday My internet stopped working I immediately tried my phone s wireless connection and saw that it was working fine so I tried laptop wireless and it too was working When I plug in my network cable it stops working My ethernet internet connection status shows that Ipv and Ipv have quot no internet accsess quot It s not just my laptop s wired internet that stopped working it s the whole network I have in my apartment consisting of two more computers who also lost their wired-ethernet internet accsess I suspect something is wrong with my router since it relays my internet but wireless works fine so I m stumped When I plug in my cable it shows limited connectivity I have tried ipconfig release - renew I have tried netsh winsock reset and netsh int ip reset log txt I have tried netsh winsock reset catalog also I tried netsh int ipv reset reset log and it said the following Resetting Interface OK Resetting Neighbor OK Resetting Path OK Resetting failed Accsess is denied Resetting OK Restart the computer to complete this action I don t know what is this quot failed and accsess is denied quot but it might be the problem I have rebooted my router several times but also with no results I have checked DHCP settings for both router and laptop adapter and it all checks out I have check IP filtering and MAC filtering on router and it all looks fine I use no firewall nor could that explain the whole network of no wired internet The only thing I haven t tried is MS fixit tool should I I don t think that would work since it s the entire wired network that is the problem My router is Cisco EPC EuroDocsis If you need ... Read more

A:Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-troubleshoot-ethernet-stopped-working-wireless-works.1155132/
Relevancy 63.64%

So this happened before. I bring my computer over to a friends house for a couple days, then when bringing it back to my house and hooking it back up the mic does not want to work with skype or any program that records.

Had this happen last week then it just fixed itself. As of right now everything is plugged in the right spot, all the checks and green bars move when i talk into it in the windows settings. Even when I go to monitor mic option i can hear fine, it is working.

Just for some reason it is not working with any chat program. It is not working in skype, steam, and windows recording. WTF is going on here

A:Mic stopped working with programs, works fine with monitor check?!

Check that the device the mic is currently plugged into is set as the default device:

The level indicator and monitoring functions will still work for non default devices, but only the default device will be used with applications (unless the applications themselves have the option to override this).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/199655-mic-stopped-working-programs-works-fine-monitor-check.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello,

Yesterday, my internet through wireless stopped working all of a sudden. It was working good till I closed my pc and went out for a few hours. When I returned and tried to access, it simply does not connect. I get an error saying "Windows was unable to connect to abcd (router name)". I tried to plug it into the router through ethernet and it works perfectly.

I have tried to uninstall the wireless adapter and the lan adapter as well. I have tried it in safe mode. I have tried to delete the network also but now that left me with inputting the password everytime I want to connect.

I am living in a student accomodation with 6 more people and all of them's is working good. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate Edition on Dell Studio 1555. The router is a Netgear one for the Virgin Media Superhub.

Thanks a lot

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,

I have an Aztech ADSL 2/2+ modem and a Dlink DGL4300 wireless router.

I set up my modem and when wired to my pc, it works.
I followed the manual to install the wireless router, so that my pc is now connected to the wireless router, but somehow I'm not able to get the internet.

It works again when i replug my pc direct to the modem.

Can any1 help me please?

I set up my wireless router to connect to internet via PPPoE, settings are fine. do i need to reset anything and in any particular order?

Thanks,

Tom

A:Wired to modem works, but wired to router does not

tom4u said:

I set up my wireless router to connect to internet via PPPoE, settings are fine. do i need to reset anything and in any particular order?Click to expand...

The modem has the PPPoE connection; Your wireless connection to the router should be straight ethernet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-to-modem-works-but-wired-to-router-does-not.118642/
Relevancy 62.35%

Wifi suddenly Solved: Wifi still but suddenly works Ethernet, with iPhone/iPad stopped wor working, stopped working works with Ethernet cable works with iPad and iPhone but not with Sony Vaio laptop wifi Have spent hours on the phone Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, but works with Ethernet, iPhone/iPad still wor with Internet Service Provider who went through all settings and checked everything checked CMD prompts and changed SSID created new channels etc I m using Windows and have McAfee What could have caused this to suddenly stop working How do I get it to work again I have checked my wifi is still on it still connects to the wireless modem router D-Link and at start up has a yellow triangle with exclamation mark inside then that disappears and says internet is connected on internet bars icon but no browsing is possible at all with any of my browsers chrome Firefox explorer Have disabled McAfee firewall have restarted in safe mode but nothing is helping Have tried on different wifi connections with same problem I restored to the last date I could use wifi and it didn t change anything Help please nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, but works with Ethernet, iPhone/iPad still wor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-but-works-with-ethernet-iphone-ipad-still-wor.1118774/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Dell Studio with Vista and Wifi capability I ve had the computer for a year and a half and I ve never ethernet wirelessly, connect Solved: Wifi working, suddenly but wont stopped works had a major problem with wireless connection before Any problem has been purely because of a low connection strength or because I was in a classroom I m a college student in which multiple people were trying to Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works connect at once Eventually it always worked I was home for the weekend and connected to my primary wireless connection and all of a sudden I lost connection and could not reconnect I tried restarting and shutting off both the computer and wireless router I tried resetting the wireless router I tried turning on and off the Wifi button on my computer Still cannot connect I plugged in an ethernet cable into my internet directly from the router and it runs fine that is how I am on the internet on my laptop at the moment I will not always have access to an ethernet cable when I go back to school later today and I have a project I need to research so I m kind of in a rush to get this figured out Also it s just so much easier connecting wireless and obviously I d like this fixed Anyway I read up on other people s similar problem and I don t know if I changed something or messed up but now whenever i click to view Wireless Connections the router for my house has a red x next to it and says quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot Even before it said that I could not connect And it used to have full signal strength It would say it can t connect and I could either view other connections and or try again or diagnose the problem If hit to view others I would try again to no avail If I hit diagnose it would say that there may be a problem with the wireless internet or something like that and then there would be three options two of them to plug in set up a LAN connection and a third to quot view troubleshooting for low wireless connections quot but I ve tried the last option before and all of those steps even though I know the connection is strength I know a little about computers but not a lot especially with internet connections If you need me to find out any information or post anything else that would help let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated I really need this fixed ASAP so please let me know Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-wont-connect-wirelessly-but-ethernet-works.883599/
Relevancy 58.48%

This is a strange problem. I have been using my Toshiba Satellite M45 Notebook (XP Home SP2) for about 3 months using the wireless connection. works fine. I believe the Ethernet wired connection worked when I bought it too but I can't remember.

Recently, I tried to connect to the internet using regular wired Ethernet on my home network using Internet Explorer (IE).

IE will only connect to 2 pages. Google and Toshibadirect.com. Everything else times out.

I tried Mozilla Firefox with the exact same results.

When connected via the wire, I can ping to any web site I want, Yahoo, etc and get a response... but not their website.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello All I m new to the site and after having been tasked to fix my girlfriends computer I m left scratching my head I don t know what she or her son did to this machine but everything I have tried has not worked So any help would be greatly appreciated Machine - Dell Inspriron INSP OS - Vista -bit SP Issues - Cannot start internet browsers outside of safe mode Every time I have tried I get an APPCRASH Error IE - Internet Explorer has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp d d Fault Module Name iexplore exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp d d Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Firefox Stopped stopped starting Process Client DNS Host Errors. IE and Working, APPCRASH working has Firefox, (Rundll32) Has and When - Firefox has Stopped Working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name firefox exe Application Version Application Timestamp fda Fault Module Name firefox exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp fda Exception Code c Exception Offset b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f When trying to get into Control Panel gt Internet Options Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name rundll APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp b e Exception Code c d Exception Offset a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Intermittently after logging in DNS Client has stopped working Hasn t happened since I APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. ran AVG PC Tuneup I do not have a problem signature at this time Though I do remember the fault was in svchost exe DNS or something like that I will post it if it happens again What I ve done is install AVG Malwarebytes Spybot S amp D and AVG PC tuneup All have found problems And fixed some of them though I still cannot get online I have tried to do a startup repair without the Windows Disk but I cannot log in Any ideas or help you may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Here is the DNS client has stopped working error

DNS Client has stopped working

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe_Dnscache
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000250fb
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7373
Additional Information 2: 38d9ec761cde35dc7ff9a3014cbc1e9a
Additional Information 3: 007a
Additional Information 4: f2126b35ab5de9a1c961e83e18b5e24b

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460265/appcrash-when-starting-ie-and-firefox-dns-client-has-stopped-working-and-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-errors/
Relevancy 54.61%

I just got home from my vacation only to find my internet stopped working I wireless wired not but works, does tried wired works, but wireless does not a few things like resets and trouble shooting none of this worked so I hooked my laptop to a wired a connection and amazingly it worked I figured the router had just had some little hic up and was back to working but as soon as I unplugged the cable it went back to not working Heres all I know my router is a netgear wrn model my laptop is not the only thing that can not connect through a wireless connection as my ps and itouch can not Also my laptop is not the wired works, but wireless does not only thing that can connect through a wired connection as my xbox can too According to my laptop I have full signal strength but says I have no internet connection a weird thing is that at one point the wireless did work but really slowly and would drop the connection pretty quickly If any more info is required for help please post and I will tell you ANY and all help will be much appreciated as I have been at this for a few hours now nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have a problem for which none of the tenths of solutions I've found work I have a router configured as an access Works, Wired Lan does not Wireless point for both wireless and wired connection Wireless works OK Wired LAN does not at the moment I have no idea why this might be as I've tried different checks to make sure everything is set up properly First of all in Network and sharing center I can see that I am connected to a network that is connected to Wireless Works, Wired Lan does not Internet my IP gateway dns are all exactly what they should be Windows knows there is a connection to the Internet but I can't access it with LAN I also have windows XP and linux installed and both work perfectly I have this router for about years now and the only OS's that gave me any trouble were Vista and though I didn't keep vista to long I have to mention that most of the time Lan in windows works just not these couple of days I've reset my router a couple of times changed the order of the cables took a look at the firewall but nothing works I've inserted the main Internet wire cable directly into the computer and it works After installing the system all works OK and without any other changes it stops Sometimes it just works sometimes it does not I think that it usually stops after I take out the lan cable for a few hours while the computer is running restart and after that no business As I said before windows detects everything to be in perfect working order Even the troubleshooter find's no problem Any ideas I'm open to suggestions short of reinstalling my system

A:Wireless Works, Wired Lan does not

Welcome..to the Forum...Have you checked internet adapter setting, i mean its ip address and all...I think those should be according to the router settings...may be blank i.e. automatically acquire or set what u have given in router...you can access these settings at: Open Network and sharing center > Change adapter settings > select desired adapter > right click 2 open properties > select ipV4 and its properties...to see the ip address configuration in LAN

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/22873-wireless-works-wired-lan-does-not.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I need help with a wireless VPN connection.
I have a work laptop that is using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
At home I have a brand new Linksys E2000 wireless router. I setup the router and it works very well for normal internet traffic with 3 different computers.

But the problem is when I try to make a wireless VPN connection on my work laptop. The VPN connects, but then disconnects.

However, when I connect my work laptop to the router with a cable, I CAN connect to my work VPN just fine. I really need the wireless to VPN to work.

Do you have any ideas?

A:VPN works wired but not wireless

Does anyone have any specifics on what I should check?
I have seen many other people on the forums with the exact same issue I am having. I have tried many solutions that i have seen that corrected the very same problem for other people, but none of the solutions have worked in my case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-works-wired-but-not-wireless.928690/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all!

I am working on a sony vaio that is having connectivity issues. At first i was not even able to connect to internet by wired connection. I had to turn on the DHCP in the services which i thought was odd it was off. So im guessing there is something also turned off for the wireless as well and im not sure what it is. I know sony vaio have a wireless switch on them and mine is on i have checked that. When i try to diagnose why there are no wireless connections I get " Windows Wireless Service is not running" and i dont know how to fix that. It tells me to contact administrator. Any thoughts help thanks!

A:Wireless not seen but Wired works

Hi
You didn't specify the O/S we are dealing with but here are some things to check...

Services > WLAN AutoConfig
Settings: Started, Automatic, Local System

Specifics...
General tab
Startyp type Automatic
Service Status Started

Log On tab
Local Service account

Recovery tab
First failure: Restart Service
Second failure: Restart Service
Subsequent failures: Take No Action
Reset fail count after: 0 days
Restart service after 2 minutes

Dependencies tab
This service depends on the following system components
+Extensible Authentication Protocol
 +CNG Key Isolation
  +Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
   DCOM Server Process Launcher
   RPC Endpoint Mapper
  RPC Endpoint Mapper
 Native WiFi Filter
 NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol
  RPC Endpoint Mapper
The following system components depend on this service
No Dependencies

Device Manager > Network adapters
Locate and Uninstall* the Wireless Adapter, Reboot Windows and let the O/S Reinstall the device.
* If you are asked to remove any software associated with the device answer NO

Lots of luck and Please keep BC posted!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550291/wireless-not-seen-but-wired-works/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I'm experiencing a weird issue with my laptop. I'm running windows 7 on it and everything is working fine, but when I plug in the ethernet cable my computer will not connect to the internet. I tried updating the driver for the ethernet port (not the wireless), I tried disabling and enabling the ethernet connection through the control panel, and nothing. I also tried plugging in the ethernet cable and disabling the wireless option on my laptop too, and that just left me without any connection at all.

On my other laptop I plug in the same ethernet cable and the port lights up and the network icon changes to the wired one. On this one it's like the port is dead.

Please advise, and thank you for your time!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-works-wired-does-not.1160802/
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently set up my network and if I connect to it via wireless I can connect to the internet, but if I try wired I cannot.

If anyone can help me that would be wonderful, thanks in advance!!

A:Wireless connection works, wired does not.

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the wireless turned off and the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wireless-connection-works-wired-does-not-965265.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Without touching anything, six months ago my Dell Laptop (XP) worked wirelessly in the house but not now. In fact now it will not even work wired to the aux port on several Netgear bridge/amplifiers around the house. It only works wired directly to the Linksys E4200 N-router.

A Mac and another PC work fine here, wireless.

What's happening?

Relevancy 54.18%

hello
i make a small office network for internet sharing and file sharing with d-link wired swtch.now i aslo want to wireless networkig .is it possible that both network works(wired and wireless).i have simple dialup wireless usb conection which speed near about 230.4 Kbps.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
I'm having a problem with my internet connection. My wireless connection shows that it has a poor signal strength but for some reason I can only connect wireless using a wire? I find it strange because I can't connect to the internet using just the wire. After I've connected the wire, I have to connect to the wireless connection.
I'm sorry if I'm not explaining the problem well enough but English isn't my native language.
System: Windows 7
Router: Speed Touch
---------------------------------------------------
Problem solved, I just had to disable the wireless adapter...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-works-but-not-wired.1110411/
Relevancy 54.18%

Situation:

I have a dell desktop that is connected to the internet through a bridged westell modem and a linksys wireless router. This computer recently had some virus/spyware/malware trouble so I downloaded some protection and scanned and auto cleaned the PC. Now the dell desktop can't connect with the router let alone to the internet but my wireless network is fine.

Things I've already tried:

People have suggested that I may have deleted some of the NIC drivers in the virus scan and indeed in the device manager the NIC icon had an added exclamation mark. Therefore, I've re downloaded and reinstalled the driver and the device manager icon is now back to normal. Unfortunately, the internet still doesn't work.
I really need help.
Thanks

A:Internet works for wireless but not wired

Have you tried connecting another computer to the router by ethernet or used another cable just to elimate those as possible problems?
You might try uninstalling the NIC, then reboot the computer and let it rediscover and reinstall the NIC. Sometimes just reinstalling the drivers witout removing the device from the system doesn't work.
Other than that, I am not sure what to suggest right now.

Information that would be helpful.
Computer make/model and OS.
NIC make/mode and driver verision and date.
Router make/model
Are you using DHCP on the router and is TCP/IP set for autodetect or are you using static IP addresses?

Copied from JohnWill post.
When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Please note there is a space between the T and - and also G and /

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-works-for-wireless-but-not-wired.833256/
Relevancy 54.18%

Yesterday about mins after my internet was fixed my main laptop suddenly cut off my controller I used it on this laptop all year but 360 on one won't controller pc another works Wired on read with no issues till yesterday Every time I plugin the controller Wired 360 controller won't read on one pc but works on another now it gets usb error code not recognized And it silently creates a restore point with quot Installed Directx quot every time I plug controller in -I uninstalled amp reinstalled driver nothing -I tried a restore back to days ago nothing changed -I ran directx nothing yet again -Tried every port with nothing else connected nothing -I tried unplugging everything shutting down holding down power to drain amp waiting - hrs before turning laptop back on Didn't work either All my games have been installed over a month ago never had this issue At first I thought well maybe the controller took a dump Plugged it in my ol gateway amp it worked flawlessly So negative on bad controller I tried all usb ports amp get the code still with controller My flash amp external drives read amp work fine on all ports So its definitely not bad usb ports either Can someone please help me get this working again without doing a complete clean reinstall over this one small issue Everything else on the laptop is just fine

Relevancy 54.18%

My buddy has a laptop issue when its a wired internet connection.

When its wireless, it has no problems with the internet, everything works fine.
But when its wired, webpages will still load, but youtube videos wont work, anything that consists of streaming doesn't work, and he cant even use LogMeIn.com

I have connected other laptops to the same cord and there is no problems. so i know its not the cord and i imagine its not the router since everything still works fine with other computers.

A:Wireless works, wired doesnt

Try re-installing the network driver (not the wireless one). You can download it from the laptop maker's website only. Don't download a driver from anywhere else because laptops need custom-made drivers which only the laptop maker can supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-works-wired-doesnt.1036316/
Relevancy 54.18%

Having issues with one of my PCs in my Home Network. I run DSL/Wireless Router and all my wireless devices run good but my ethernet connection on my Main PC's has issues. Hard to explain but it seems to work fine after booting machine but after a short while of surfing, it loses speed. It doesn't lose connection, just speed. Have done multiple speed tests and the same bad results. I have tested my laptop on the ethernet connection and seems to work fine. Replaced the PCI ethernet adapter in the machine and did not fix the problem. Tried all ports on the router, same results. Any assistance would be great!

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I m running Windows XP Home Service Pack on a Toshiba laptop with built in wireless It connects just fine to the internet with my Belkin wireless router at home When I take it to my ex-wife s house who does not have but works Laptop wired?! - wirelessly not wireless internet I plug in her Ethernet cable to my network port My laptop does Laptop works wirelessly - but not wired?! not connect to the internet I ve tried it again at home with my wired cable and it doesn t work here either - it always searches for the wireless first I disabled the wireless adapter with Device Manager but to no avail Finally I tried it at work and the message came up quot This device Laptop works wirelessly - but not wired?! has an IP conflict with another device on the system quot I turned off all computers turned off the router turned off the modem turned on the modem turned on the router turned on the laptop FIRST I ran ipconfig release through the command prompt I received a notice saying something to the effect of quot You cannot perform this action while the device is unavailable quot It is STILL defaulting to the wireless connection It CAN T be this hard I ran the Internet Connection wizard saying to detect automatically and Windows unhelpfully ends the wizard with quot You should already be set up to connect to the LAN quot Very frustrating Is there some easy step I m missing So that I can switch from wireless to wired with ease nbsp

A:Laptop works wirelessly - but not wired?!

If the router has DHCP enabled, and if your "LAN" card is enabled and working properly, and if in your LAN card's IP/TCP property you have chosen "obtain IP address automatically" and "obtain DNS automatically", and if your cable is ok, then it should work. Click the "repair" on the card in case of problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-works-wirelessly-but-not-wired.590635/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a home network The PC main and laptops PC is wired Modem-Router-PC Laptops are wireless The laptops are able to pick up the signal and connect The rd laptop is XP Wireless-It will not pick up any signal in the networks According to the computer there is no network signals within range Which it is in doesn't Wired works, wireless range for when I take of the other laptops that has connectivity in the same location they pick up the signal just Wired works, wireless doesn't fine When I move the laptop to the pc and do modem-router-laptop with a wired connection connection is fine Device manager shows PCMCIA card as a yellow Wired works, wireless doesn't question mark needs correct driver But I didn t think that the pcmcia card had anything to do with the wireless connection as Wired works, wireless doesn't the slot in the laptop has always been blank It is a HP laptop couple of years old Oh it has worked before maybe about weeks ago and as far as I know no hardware software changes have been made since then I have even tried to manually enter the SSID and security key and still no luck I have made sure that I have all the windows update s done HP tech support was no help as I kept on telling them about the pcmcia driver they kept on telling me to install graphic video card drivers Router is broadcasting SSID Any advice Oh and will buying a PCMCIA card be an alternative fix to get a wireless signal nbsp

A:Wired works, wireless doesn't

Well, I just showed myself that essential IT question everyone should ask 1st.

I needed to enable the wireless switch on the laptop. It is amazing to overcomplicate things when all it is most of the time is a switch of a button, a restart, or cord unplugged.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-works-wireless-doesnt.111786/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all I've had some intermittent problems with my Comcast internet going out recently no lights on the modem so I called them DNS works wireless Wired failure, this afternoon to see if they could identify the Wired DNS failure, wireless works problem Short of scheduling a site visit they were unable to determine what is periodically causing internet failure As soon as I hung up the phone with Comcast I started having issues on all my electronics The modem has full lights on and appears to be working perfectly but both my desktop Windows and Xbox refuse to connect to the internet due to quot DNS lookup failed quot error - a problem I've not encountered before Strangely my laptop works without issue over wireless Plugged in my laptop has the same problem as the desktop and Xbox Connecting straight from my desktop to my modem results in the same DNS failure My electronics can see eachother on the network I've replaced my router with a different router - the result were the same but I also lost wireless on my laptop to the DNS monster I've disconnected and reconnected the modem and router dozens of times On my desktop I've tried multiple browsers have reset all my network settings have flushed the DNS Cache have restored my computer to yesterday's settings and have switched my DNS lookup to Google's free settings No luck No matter what I try I'm unable to connect to the internet I will never preemptively call Comcast again their response to my follow up call was quot we know you have problems - that's why we scheduled a technician for you quot They were unable to grasp that I wasn't having immediate problems before I called them Any ideas for how I can get my electronics back online would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Brett

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wired-dns-failure-wireless-works-601310.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok so first here is a diagram of my current network which is attached.

The main problem I am having is being able to view the Server that is on the wired network from the netbook when using a wireless connection.
However, when I plug the notebook into the wired network I can then view the server.

Both machines are running windows 7.

So far I have tried:

unjoining both homegroups and rejoining.
resetting all of my equipment: modem, hub, and wireless router
renaming the SSID of the wireless to be the same name of the network that the server is connected to.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS - I call it a server but it is just a computer with lots of media

A:Wired works. Wireless cannot see other devices.

Can you provide ipconfig /all details of the notebook, when it is wired to the Netgear (??) and when it is on wireless. I gather you cannot ping the service when using wireless?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60977-wired-works-wireless-cannot-see-other-devices.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey. So I made a post a while ago and got recommended to buy a Netgear router, which I did. I bought this one, which is the one I was recommended.

Ok so the problem;

We have 2 laptops and 2 Pcs in my house, the 2 Pcs used wired internet and work fine, but the 2 laptops use wireless and that's currently not working. The laptops find the router, but can't connect to the internet through them. I've followed the set-up but they still don't work. Any advice please?

I know I must of left somthing out and you guys will ask me to provide certain info, i'll try respond asap.

Thanks guys.

Relevancy 54.18%

I not Solved: works, Wired but wireless have been trying to figure this out for two days now and this is my last ditch effort Yesterday I was able to connect wirelessly perfectly fine and now it won t Our iPhones and PS are able to connect to the WiFi Solved: Wired works, but not wireless but my laptop just refuses I can connect to the internet from my laptop when I plug in an ethernet cable but not wirelessly What Solved: Wired works, but not wireless I have tried Resetting WINSOCK and TCP IP Disabling all encryption Power cycling the router Updating network card drivers Just about everything else I could think of ISP Charter Router Modem Ubee U C Connection Wired and wireless Encryption type WEP WPA and unencrypted Network card Atheros AR OS Vista Host Name Phil-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E - C- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d dff f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday May AM Lease Expires Wednesday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - E- - B- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd f f a bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday May AM Lease Expires Wednesday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FDF C- - -A E - AF B F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B D -B - A D- D- A br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B D -B - A D- D- A br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Routher: TRENDnet TEW-633GR 802.11n + Gigabit Router.
PC: Running Windows XP
Laptop: Running vista.

The laptop can talk to the internet. But when the PC tries to talk to the internet, through the router, it has problems. Most of the time I get no data back, but occasionally I'll get a little. Web pages always timeout. Though I've at least once had a ping return (with 75% Loss).

I don't think there is anything wrong with the cables because it is the same cable I used before I had the router and it worked fine.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 53.75%

this morning i got those 2 errors pop up, and i cannot get into system info, cannot do a system restore
running windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epower-tray-has-stopped-working-oddpwr-has-stopped-working.1028791/
Relevancy 53.75%

HI I'VE INSTTALED WINDOWS PROF ON MY PC I M TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS ULTIMATE BY CLICKING ON SETUP EXE AN ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS ON MY PC Windows has working stopped working has stopped or installer setup.exe BUT THE ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING SAME THING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING AND ALL OTHER SETUP IN THAT DRIVE ARE SAYING SAME THING DON'T KNOW WTTD HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP I'M IN BIG TROUBLE NOTHING IS GOING TO INSTALL ERROR Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name setup exe Microsoft Windows Operating System Application Version Application Timestamp a Fault Module Name setup exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a Exception Code c Exception Offset f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline E Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working

Hi,

Lets start here:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278753-windows-installer-has-stopped-working-setup-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Intalled a new router Linksys Cloud yesterday Immediately after that the computers that were connected to the network could no Wireless router not after Works Does installing new Wired longer access the internet My laptop and my ipad can access the internet wirelessly The laptop which was not connected to the network when I connected the router can access the network both wirelessly and wired Printers attached to the network will print without a problem Finally I took an old computer out of storage running WinXP and hooked it Wireless Works Wired Does not after installing new router up to the wired network It too has no problems accessing the network So have to assume the issue is a software issue with the two computers that were hooked up to the network Wireless Works Wired Does not after installing new router when I changed the router I have read the posts here - I did a stack reset on one of the computers but no help I removed Norton and Team Viewer which in other posts people said they had issues with to no avail Since I dont have a wireless connection to the computers that cannot access the internet - I cannot download TSG SysInfo However here I did copy the ipconfig lines below from the desktop thats not responding Connection Specfic DNS Suffix Link-local IPv address fe a fb b db c f a IPv address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Computer running Windows SP Gateway i with gb RAM Was working fine until I replaced the router I tried going back to the oldrouter Netgear same issue - no wired internet connectivity nbsp

A:Wireless Works Wired Does not after installing new router

can we see an ipconfig /all from a working PC and from the non working PC - make sure we know which is which
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should work for all windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R
For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

then type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-works-wired-does-not-after-installing-new-router.1088010/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi - I just setup a new modem, worked with the ISP to properly configure it so it works when it's directly wired to the computer. But when I try to connect it to the wireless router (Netgear WGR614) I can't connect to the Internet. The ISP gave me the login & password info from the modem and told me to change the Basic Settings of the router with that info, which I did. Can someone help?

Thanks!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 71468 MB, Free - 20764 MB; E: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 256744 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0HJ054, , ..CN6986163T09A9.
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 53.32%

My laptop can access the internet wirelessly but not when its directly connected (wired).....The internet/cable modem is not the problem as my other laptop can connect wired to the same modem.....any help is greatly appreciated

A:Toshiba laptop works wirelessly but not wired

can you post make and model of the Machine
also device manager and ipconfig /all when connected by cable
start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab> (not required on vista, lefthand screen should have)
device manager button>

network adapters
click on the + sign

post backs whats there

any ! ? or X
-------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-works-wirelessly-but-not-wired.794591/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Motorola Surfboard SB Cable Modem hooked up to a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router Model WRT GS wireless Wired connection works but Solved: not and Solved: Wired connection works but not wireless a Netgear Dual Speed Hub DS Two days ago I noticed significant lag issues with the wireless internet on my Xbox and I thought our unprotected WiFi might be getting stolen I put a WPA on it and continued playing and it seemed to have helped However my family and I noticed that our iPhones began to have problems with the WiFi even after putting in the WPA password the phones were unable to access the internet First I tried messing with the DNS address on the WiFi settings on the iPhone then I changed from WPA to WPA then I took off the password completely and the problem persisted I reset the modem and router unplugging and reconnecting everything countless times still to no avail I m using Windows on my laptop which I have directly connected to the router The wireless signal is still in the air and I can connect but I can t use it None of these issues existed before I put the WPA password on the internet Here s the ipconfig all from this computer Windows IP Configuration Host Name MainComputer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R WiMAX Physical Address -D -DA- - D- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - -C -D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - E- F- C-C -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe da adc c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday January AM Lease Expires Thursday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - A- - E- F- C-C -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A EB- AA - A -AAEA- B A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ac c ac c Preferred Default Gateway c c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap C DD D- E - DF -A - A B AEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EB EF -C E- A - E - B C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c d b d d e Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe d b d d e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap CBC -D - B -BA F... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Netgear wgr614v6 router. Currently, I am using an AirportExpress for my macbook, printer and inspiron 1545. I want to switch to the Netgear because it has more ports and it is compatible with my Netgear gaming adapter.

So I go through the setup process (I am setting it up on the MacBook) and it works fine while connected via ethernet cable to the mac. However, when using it wireless, it shows up in the network preferences area with a green light that says connected, but web pages do not load. It looks like they are going to, but it just says loading forever. I have the WPA security enabled and the device access list disabled. I am very new to networking and even fairly new to macs. I still cannot figure out the problem here. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Netgear router works while wired, but not wireless

Can't help you much with MAC, but standard operating procedure is to get the wireless working with no security first. Then enable the WPA-PSK and try to reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-works-while-wired-but-not-wireless.897877/
Relevancy 53.32%

My machine is dual boot Win x Linux I m using a wired Broadcom ethernet card and a cable modem Only one computer is connected and I have no router In the middle of surfing on the Win OS my connection dropped I rebooted to windows and got a red X in the sys tray No connection no network connectivity I booted again into Linux this time and it works fine So this is a software issue for sure I would think Win 7 net no - wired no ipconfig, works connect, only w/linux At least it s not a problem with the wires or my ISP or anything I also downloaded and ran the broadcom diagnostic utility for my NIC and all the tests passed The quot Network and Sharing quot screen shows no connection just diagram of computer gt X gt Globe but the properties screen in the device manager shows it s connected with no problem although it shows Win 7 wired - no net connect, no ipconfig, works w/linux only packets transferred It also reports no problem with the driver but I re-installed it anyway Most mysterious of all is that running ipconfig all doesn t show the card at all It s completely missing The only thing it returns is the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface and a to adapter Both are reported quot Media Disconnected quot and neither has a DNS suffix IP address or Default Gateway listed The property screen that comes up when you right-click the Local Area Connection on the quot Network and Sharing quot screen and double click the IPV line returns the message quot Windows couldn t automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter quot IPV and IPV show no connectivity That s the best and only hint I ve gotten so far as to what is going wrong but I can t find a clue of how to correct it The network troubleshooter acts like it is resolving the problem but is useless in the end and just reports that my network card is quot experiencing problems quot Duh This is what I ve done so far Installed newest drivers I could find Power off on the modem and rebooted warm and cold multiple times Did full virus and malware scans Reset winsock Reset IPV and IPV TCP IP stacks to installation defaults Cleared and registered DNS cache Release and renew current IP address Checked Hosts file for any strange entries Checked all services and process lists for any remnants of any possibly interfering process Repeatedly boot into safe mode with network connectivity Uninstalled network card in device manager and reboot cold and warm Unchecked IPV and both topographical protocols one at a time and rebooted after each change Uninstalled AVG Comodo Firewall Open VPN and Wireshark all of which were present for a week or more when everything was running just fine Spit cursed rendered my clothes and tore at my hair Spent hours on google trying to figure this out Running Linux PLEASE If anyone has any idea what s going on here please chime in I have wore out my google finger and have not found anything like what I m experiencing here At least most people get something reported in their ipconfig window I can t use a system restore because evidently the VSS shadow service has been turned off lately TIA nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a problem much like chrisg s I have a Webstar Scientific-Atlantic Modem Netgear RangeMax wireless router and Netgear USB on the computer that is running wireless I cannot conect to the router to change or set up on the wired computer The wirless works fine I have trouble connecting to internet and must retry many times until it may or may not work I thought maybe the was sucking all my juice so I turned it down to half but I still cannot load my router page - it cuts out I did what you asked of the last guy Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Wireless Solved: works, doesn't wired John gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name downstairs Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - A-C - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Solved: Wireless works, wired doesn't Address fe aff fec Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Tuesday June PM Lease Expires Friday June PM Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - E- -B -D - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address e e e b d IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled PING REPLY Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings John gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

The issue with my internet is that it works whenever i use my wireless internet, but doesn't work if i use wired. I know my router works because there are 2 other computers connected and they work perfectly. Also I know my cable is fine because i use it for online play with my playstation. My computer recognizes that there is a cable plugged in but i can't get a connection. Is there something that can be done.

Im running:

Windows XP
Netgear WG311 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter

Please help me out if possible.
Thank You

Relevancy 53.32%

I have Solved: Works One Network Wired Two Computers, - a wired network issue I m hoping to get some help with My wife and I bought a Solved: Wired Network - Two Computers, One Works new house and the previous owner has a system running through the attic and walls so that every room has a phone cable internet connection box in the wall looking kind of like a massive phone jack plate I set my computer up first plugged my ethernet cable into the wall box and I m good to go My wife didn t set her computer up until a few weeks later but when it came time to connect to the internet she had no connection We had no problem with our simple wired network in our apartment so I was confused I checked the cable no damage to it or the port although the port seemed a little loose to me and tried another one no help I did notice that there weren t any lights coming from the ethernet port on the back of her computer I ran ipconfig and found that she obviously wasn t pulling an IP address I moved her computer to another room to see if it was the box in the wall no help Even though I didn t think it would help I powered down both the router and cable modem out in the garage turned them back on rebooted her computer no help I went to Control Panel -- gt Network Connections -- gt LAN and it was titled quot Local Area Connection quot and said quot network cable unplugged quot beneath that I right-clicked to try and repair but quot repair quot was greyed-out so I couldn t even use it I checked the settings in Device Manager and all was normal I even un-installed re-installed her network card no help Defeated I let it slide for about a month because it s not a life or death issue For some reason my wife decided just to try her computer again one day It magically was connected to the internet My computer was still fine and all was right in the world A week later and her computer magically doesn t connect anymore All of the old symptoms have returned and it s like we hit a time warp and went back to where we were a month ago She s got a Dell Dimension E running WinXP SP with the standard Broadcom NIC which I think is part of the motherboard What should I do Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Can anyone help please?? We have a wireless router and our 2 laptops work fine (ie can connect to internet wirelessly via the laptops) BUT our desktop PC, which is older (2004) and is connected by cable to the router suddenly cannot connect to the interent, etc. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

A:[SOLVED] Broadband works wireless-ly NOT wired?

Couple of things you can try. Open Network connections on the desktop PC and right click on your NIC. Select "Repair" and see if Windows can fix the problem for you. If that doesn't work then go into Device Manager and find the NIC. Right click it and select "Uninstall". Click okay on the prompt that comes up. Reboot the machine and let Windows reinstall the NIC.

Try to establish where the break in connection is by pinging the router or doing a Tracert on an external website (www.microsoft.com ?). This will tell you how far the signal is getting. I suspect that you aren't connecting to the router and it should be okay once you do the above processes. If not then check the cable (preferably with another known good one).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-broadband-works-wireless-ly-not-wired-330691.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello My wireless connection has been working just fine but it randomly just dropped I tried to reconnect but was unable to so I restarted my laptop After it booted up again my laptop did not automatically connect to my connection like it normally does so I manually connected and everything seemed fine A couple minutes later my connection dropped again I reconnected only to have it drop a couple minutes later I restarted my laptop but now I am unable to connect at all but issue, Wired works however Wireless Solved: if I use my ethernet cable my laptop can connect to the internet just fine I ve tried trouble shooting restarting my router and looked at my network adapters in device manager I also tried to connect to my friend s router and ended up with the same result Also when I restarted my laptop once It said something about a pipe name could not be obtained Not sure if this is part of the problem or not but it was an error message that I have never seen before Thank you Solved: Wireless issue, Wired however works in Solved: Wireless issue, Wired however works advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

As the title says The wired connection from my computer won't connect to the internet but it works fine with the wireless connection. This just started a couple of days ago. Any ideas as to what could cause this?

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a strange situation i have a netw, wired home wireless doesn't works, Linksys wireless-g router I have a laptop with windows server on it named quot DAVEG quot with ip with both ethernet amp wireless adapter with only the wireless adapter enabled no ethernet cable i have a desktop with windows xp on it named quot DAVE DESKTOP quot with ip with both ethernet amp wireless adapter with both connected to my home router I have both my desktop and laptop local drives shared and can access them with the quot xxxx quot notation in start-run in either direction with the wireless adapter enabled on my laptop not with only the wired connection when i have my wireless adapter enabled on my laptop i can both ping my desktop by IP and by name and the same goes for home netw, wireless works, wired doesn't pinging my laptop IP and host name- both work when i have my wireless adapter disabled on my laptop i can only ping my desktop by IP not by host name - and the same for my pinging my laptop from my desktop - only the ping by IP works any ideas why also of note is that when i do a tracert in either direction the address of the router does not show as one of the hops My guess is this is due to APIPA but that really a problem that I m aware of also i am able to ping internet addresses both by IP or URL from the laptop regardless of which connection is enabled Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-netw-wireless-works-wired-doesnt.1073255/
Relevancy 52.89%

This is the other random problem i am having all the normal things did not work sfc scan,malwarebytes etc etc no viruses etc clean pc....reinstall unistall drivers blah blah blah....Apparently its not grabbing a proxy from the network it seems

ipconfig / all shows this

A:Yellow Icon Over Wired Internet Connection but still works

DHCP should be enabled...set to obtain address automatically.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20403-yellow-icon-over-wired-internet-connection-but-still-works.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Edit Solved Issue related to driver for network adapter Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R Rev http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Many thanks to etaf I have been using a wireless USB adapter to connect to the internet but it drops the connection at random times I decided to run a wired connection to the router but I can t seem to get it to work The first time - Wireless works, wired computer Solved: doesn't Same I tried I got this quot Error Your modem or other connecting device has reported an error quot So I looked it up The main things I found were a Windows bug with the file raspppoe sys and a problem with Virtual PC I am running Windows but do not have Virtual PC The suggested fix was to replace raspppoe sys with a quot working Solved: Wireless works, wired doesn't - Same computer quot one from vista I downloaded it from the Microsoft site and replaced the file Now I get quot Error A connection to the remote access server was not made because the modem was not found quot I am still able to connect via wireless CMD ipconfig all with the wireless Windows IP Configuration Host Name UberPandora Primary Solved: Wireless works, wired doesn't - Same computer Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific Solved: Wireless works, wired doesn't - Same computer DNS Suffix Description Linksys WUSB N Wireless-N USB Network A dapter with Dual-Band ver Physical Address - - C- - F-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a be e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday October AM Lease Expires Saturday October AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - - C- - F-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c f fc bb c c Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c f fc bb c c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DD F - - F -B F - EE EDE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Just wired Windows IP Configuration Host Name UberPandora Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I bought a Belkin G Wireless Router about 8 months back.

Starting a few weeks ago, I've had to set a static IP address to my recently built computer (sitting at 192.168.2.10 right now) for it to not disconnect every few minutes.

I then noticed that no wireless devices (tested with 2 Laptops and Ipod Touch) could connect. If I restarted the router and did NOT connect anything to it, it would connect with local access only. If I attempt to set the router up using the CD that came with the packaging, it claims it cannot connect to the internet, and then proceeds to actually kick me off the net.

Does anyone have any clue what coulda caused this?

As far as I know, I've not changed anything.

A:Cannot connect to Wireless, but wired works fine, with kinks

Which OS? Is the NIC adapter (USB, PCI, PC-Card Bus, miniPCI (onboard))

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-but-wired-works-fine-with-kinks.150288/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a wireless network for my parents. I have a Belkin Play N600 router (model F7D8302) that I'm trying to hook up to an Acer desktop running Vista. The modem is a Siemens Speedstream 4100. I have a cable going from the ethernet port of the modem to the modem port on the router. The pc is connected to one of the other four ports in the router. The wireless works fine, but I can't get the wired connection on the desktop working. The Internet light on the modem is not on, but the modem works fine when connected directly to the pc. I've tried power cycling and resetting everything, but it's still not working. Any ideas? Thanks.

Relevancy 52.89%

My girlfriend is currently having some issues with her network We had a lot of issues on the initial install but I think those have all been sorted out since her wireless internet was working fine for about a week This morning she could log and chat in AIM but could not open any websites No Networking Issues Websites Wired Works, - AIM Wireless and via Firefox or IE I had Wireless and Wired Networking Issues - AIM Works, No Websites her restart her comp and then all of the internet went away and she couldn t even connect to AIM Wireless and Wired Networking Issues - AIM Works, No Websites anymore She bypassed the router and connected directly to the internet her apartment provides internet via numerous ethernet ports throughout the rooms there s no modem via the port in the wall and still nothing It shows that there s a local connection but no internet She lives with two roommates and neither one of them were home at the time so she couldn t check to see if they were still getting a signal I believe they are because one of her roommates appears to be on Facebook at the moment Anyway I did a bit of Googling and came across some similar issues and the problem seemed to be a virus spyware or her firewall She s currently running an AVG computer scan while she s at class to check for viruses and I m going to have her install Ad-Aware to check for spyware when she gets back Are there any other suggestions anyone can give me At this point in time I have no idea what the issue is and it s sort of stretched to the limit of Wireless and Wired Networking Issues - AIM Works, No Websites my networking knowledge I m working on getting some more information as to whether it s a virus or something but until that point does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a three year old HP Laptop with Windows Vista home premium SP2, 3 GB RAM. Never used it with a wired connection, and had no connection problems with a wireless. Recently I had no wireless connection available and tried to connect to a wired connection. No success. Tried to get to the original driver for NVidia nforce network connection, and it worked! A few days ago, windows updates had an option to update this driver, and I updated it (while I was using wireless). I now have tried to connect to wired LAN, and no connection again! System restore has not helped. Device manager lists three network adapters: Broadcom 802.11 b/g WLAN, HP Netserver 10/100TX PCI LAN Adapter (with a yellow sign. no updates for the driver found), and NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller.

Grateful for any help in getting it connected with wired LAN.

A:Solved: No connection with a wired LAN. Wireless works perfectly.

whats the exact model of the HP Laptop - looks like you need the driver for the LAN Adapter

lets also see if possible to copy device manager and ipconfig /all and also xirrus

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-connection-with-a-wired-lan-wireless-works-perfectly.962761/
Relevancy 52.89%

So I just got the new Virgin Superhub I set it up and fine connection is works Wireless but slow wired everything connects fine but for some reason I m getting the full speed through the wifi on my xbox phone laptop but my desktop which is wired straight to the router is only getting mbps max and upload So I set it up into router mode and plugged in my old linksys which worked for a time but after about an hour will always disconnect sporadically I called the Virgin engineer out and he replaced most of the wires and even some of the stuff out in the box in the street but had the same conclusion with wireless fine and desktop not It works limitedly Im writing this on my desktop but if I try to do anything more than surf reddit or other low bandwidth required things it will disconnect I know it is capable of working because for a time I had the computer running at over mbps and when I plugged directly into the modem Wireless works fine but wired connection is slow it was fine but obviously only I could use it and nobody else then The other strange thing is when the laptop was plugged in via wire it seemed to work fine so it leads me to suggest I have some settings or drivers incorrectly setup I m using a Windows bit PC I should probably mention that I m not that good with tech so if you do have a suggestion can you please explain simply nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

The router is a DLink WBR - 2310. I had been receiving internet through a DSL provider, and both wired and wireless connections worked fine. I've hooked up this router, and the wired connection is working by the wireless connection is not. The Wireless Network Connection says that I'm connected, but when I open Firefox with the wireless connection, but no wired connection, no webpages will load. Any thoughts?

A:Trouble with Router; wired connection works but wireless does not

could be a firewal blocking - have you switched off the firewall on the PC

any other PC able to use the wireless connection ?

Do you have wireless encryption enabled - if so try taking that OFF - by logging into router and removing wireless secruity

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download and install
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

Then run the program and post a screen shot of the program running
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
---------------------------
Wireless Profiles
- Vista:
- delete the wireless profiles
Start
control Panel
classic view
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
--

- XP
- delete the preferred networks
start
control panel
network connections
right click on the wireless connection listed
wireless networks tab
in the preferred network list
click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-router-wired-connection-works-but-wireless-does-not.902265/
Relevancy 52.89%

The subject says it all--my laptop, which wirelessly connects to the router, works perfectly. My desktop, which is wired into a LAN port of the router (and I've tried different ports), works for a time, then cuts out. When I try to repair the connection, it can't renew the IP address. What's going on?

Relevancy 52.89%

I have no idea what I have done to my computer.
For a reason i will keep to myself, I recently booted my computer from a Slax cd. When I rebooted my computer to Windows, I lost all of my internet connectivity on my desktop. My ISP is Verizon (FiOS) and I have the ActionTek router that they supply. Every other connection through the ActionTek router works. I am currently using a laptop that is wirelessly connected to the ActionTek, and I am able to connect to XBox Live using a wired connection to the router.

The operating system of the internet-less computer is Vista.
Below are some screenshots that may be helpful.
So far I've tried: repairing the connection with Vista, resetting my router, and uninstalling and reinstalling my network card from device manager.
Please help.

Relevancy 52.89%

All of my wireless devices are able to connect to my wifi but my desktop computer which is a wired connection gives me Error 1068: Dependency service or group failed to start.

In ipconfig/all I show: IP routing enabled:no wins proxy enabled: no and the default gateway address is blank.

I have Windows 7 64x and my ISP is AT&T Uverse and they say my gateway should be plug and play.

I saw this post http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1053204-wins-proxy-ip-routing-not.html and I tried everything listed but no luck.

I also tried everything that was detailed in the following post : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...pendency/7963d72a-5d73-44fe-8316-058c46235737 (Yes I did backup the registry first)

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

Relevancy 52.89%

I just upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate from windows 7. It is a clean install. I have attempted to download all relevant drivers, including wireless adapters. My wired connection works fine, however, my wireless connection does not work. The troubleshoot claims that DNS is a possible issue. I have powered off and on all router and modem equipment to no avail. Any new ideas?

A:Upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate. Wired works but wireless does not

Quote: Originally Posted by polishbeans

I just upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate from windows 7. It is a clean install. I have attempted to download all relevant drivers, including wireless adapters. My wired connection works fine, however, my wireless connection does not work. The troubleshoot claims that DNS is a possible issue. I have powered off and on all router and modem equipment to no avail. Any new ideas?

You will need to post a screen shot of your ipconfig/all so we can see what's going on with your network interface.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247083-upgraded-windows-7-ultimate-wired-works-but-wireless-does-not.html
Relevancy 52.89%

System Windows Home Premium bit SP Laptop ASUS K F At my previous location I connected to the Internet via DSL modem At my new residence I connect via cable by Cox Communications Modem/router: Works, Not Wired Cable Wireless Does Cox supplied a cable modem router UBEE model DDW This is a DOCSIS WiFi modem that has Cable Modem/router: Wireless Works, Wired Does Not wired Ethernet connections The wireless connection to the modem works fine and I get my required download speed However the wired connection does not work When I look at network adapter settings it shows the LAN network cable as quot unplugged quot I have tried different Ethernet cables without success When I called Cox they suggest I go to their office and get a new modem since the wired portion of the modem may be bad But could the problem be on the computer end Wired Ethernet did work properly via DSL at my previous residence Is there something I need to do now that I have cable rather then DSL Or is the consensus that the modem is bad and I need a new modem nbsp

A:Cable Modem/router: Wireless Works, Wired Does Not

When I called Cox they suggest I go to their office and get a new modem since the wired portion of the modem may be bad.Click to expand...

I agree. Or better yet, buy your own and avoid paying rental fee. I have Cox too, BTW and you don't have rent from them and, over time, end up paying a lot more than if you buy your own. I have my own DOCSIS 3.0 modem connected to my own wireless router and they work just a well as that device you rent from Cox. Yes, they cost more up front, but compared to a year or two in rental fees, pay for themselves. Or if you like them all in one box, you can go that way too. Here is Cox's list of "approved" devices. Something to think about.

Yes, it could be your computer. But since this same computer worked before via Ethernet with your DSL modem, unless the computer was dropped or something during the move, it should work fine here. But still, unless you have an Ethernet "card", it is not likely any damage occurred. And motherboards have used integrated Ethernet for many years so hardly anyone uses an actual "card" any more.

Ethernet is Ethernet. It does not matter if your network connects to the Internet via cable or DSL.

One thing to understand, you have a "4 in 1" integrated network device from Cox. This device is really 4 totally discrete network devices that just happen to share a case, main circuit board and power supply. You have in this one box (1) a modem serving as your gateway device to connect you to the Internet. (2) A router to connect your network to the modem. (3) A WAP (wireless access point) to connect your wireless devices to the router. And (4), a 4-port Ethernet switch to connect your Ethernet (wired) devices to the router. Four separate devices, in one box. And again, Ethernet is Ethernet.

Note that there really is no such thing as a "wireless router". That is a "marketing term" only for an integrated device that has both a WAP and a router (and typically a 4-port Ethernet switch too) in one box. Same idea with a wireless modem. I say this to emphasize that Ethernet is Ethernet, regardless if connecting to the Internet via a DSL modem or a cable modem.

So, since your computer's Ethernet worked fine before, it should still now.

Do you see any errors indicated in Device Manager?

Since your wireless side is working, that means the integrated modem, integrated router, and integrated WAP are all working. Note the WAP typically connects to a 5th Ethernet port internally.

Two things to try. (1) You could have a bad Ethernet port on the Cox device so connect your Ethernet cable to a different port on the Cox device. You should see some lights on the back of the Cox device showing that port is active. If you do, that would suggest your computer's NIC is working. Swapping cables was the first thing to try, so you got that covered.

Another thing that might be causing this and that is if your computer was set before to use a "static" (fixed) IP address from your DSL modem and now your network is set for "dynamic" (DHCP) IP assignment. That is not commonly used, I must say, but if your old DSL service required it, or for some reason you manually set it up that way, it could mean the IP your computer is using is not the same as the new Cox device expects, and you will not have access. See these procedures to make sure your computer is set to "Obtain an IP address automatically". And if necessary, follow these procedures to force Windows to get a new IP assignment from your Cox device.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/cable-modem-router-wireless-works-wired-does-not.303972/
Relevancy 52.89%

OK first off I'm a newbie to this forum so hello all And I'm also pretty much a newbie to Vista also but know XP alot so should be able to go along with any HELP! way, in wired works PLZ either Wireless signal doesn't but comp help Here's the problem I had someone move into my old office amp his computer Dell Vista Home gbRam GBhd nVidia network controller is now going to be the one wired directly into the router amp modem with the rest of the comps in the house getting wireless signal as they Wireless signal works but wired in comp doesn't either way, PLZ HELP! had been for the past years When I first plugged his comp in amp installed the Netgear router from the disk the install screwed up in that his comp was getting the internet cause it was plugged via ethernet but the rest of the house couldn't cause there was no wireless signal Also shown by the wireless light not being on on the router but all the other were power LAN port amp internet So I uninstalled the router since wasn't working correctly unplugged it all from the comp to restart fresh Went and did the install again but now the wired in comp is not getting any kind of internet signal at all either being plugged directly into the modem directly into the router or even trying use one of the wireless USB adapters that are running on the other comps just fine on it right now but even that way there was something not allowing it to install correctly and get an internet signal just kept saying can connect to a local network but not to the internet rebuild this blah blah blah Somehow way the vista computer is not accepting an internet signal It says it is connected to a Local Network but then there is an Red X thru the next line that goes to internet this is in the Network amp Sharing Center Also on the router which now won't install from the disk cause says it can't find the Internet but shows on the lights all the correct lights are now lit up power wireless signal Internet amp even the LAN port but the key one which is a quot check mark quot light isn't cause it can't connect to the computer but router is doing it job so its something on the computer I've tried rebuilding all the adapters resetting IP address unplugging and resetting all modems amp routers at least times with up to minutes unplugged I've had Comcast here times they said to unistall the nVIDIA Network Controller reinstall it nothing What the heck is going on I've been fighting with this for over days now and I jsut can't get it right Can someone tell me how to make this piece of crap Vista comp work before I tell him to wipe the whole thing amp put XP on it cause its done many other problems before also but another time for that Any amp all help is greatly appreciated Thanks for your time and reading all of this but I'm so frustrated just had to describe everything I've done Travis

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227084-wireless-signal-works-but-wired-comp-doesnt-either-way-plz-help.html
Relevancy 52.89%

This problem appears to be a variation on the hardy perennial quot foo quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot problem My Win machine originally had a DSL Wireless works, internet doesn't switch wired connection through a router using an Ethernet cable and it worked great I used the same router Wireless internet works, wired switch doesn't for wireless and to connect with a home network to my other computers running XP Pro Then I changed to FIOS and a new wireless router that had to be located in a non-wire-reachable location No problem a USB wireless dongle and the win box was happy again and could see the internet via wireless However I could not connect the rest of my network also in the non-wire reachable location I want to use the main box the win one as the internet connection and connect the printers and other computers to it via cable and a switch The LAN is showing as the dreaded Unknown Public connection which cannot be reset the diagnosis is quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot and I've tried setting up ICS making sure the security settings for files is NOT bit the IPV and are set to automatically gather IP settings on all machines and I'm running out of ideas I don't let Microsoft automatically update anything so I don't think it is a driver issue The win ethernet card worked great when it was the only connection I think I saw a connection on one xp pro box before changing the IPV settings on it but I can't be sure I got a brand new D-link ethernet switch to try and make this work both connector lights are green but no data is being exchanged Here's the latest ipconfig -all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Coyote Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description ZyXEL G- v Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - -F - B-BB- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday July PM Lease Expires Monday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Further diagnostic ideas gratefully received Thanks in Advance

A:Wireless internet works, wired switch doesn't

Hi wish I could offer a solution but I cannot unfortunately....

I am actually wondering if you could help me out I also have a Zyxel G-220v3 usb wireless adapter that I bought from Verizon Dsl Dept. Since Zyxel has made this verison of the card only for verizon dsl customers the software cd that came with it is unreplacable!

I was just hoping that you might be able to send me a copy maybe by email?

Thomas Miller.
Tomm2079 at Gmail Dot Com

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99860-wireless-internet-works-wired-switch-doesnt.html
Relevancy 52.89%

H'Okay, So I'm trying to hook up the internet to two computers.
One computer(windows vista) is wired straight to a router.(This one-->http://www.sigelectronics.com/core/media/media.nl?id=18358&c=666363&h=4a8711b8216d4c4aea31 )
The other(Windows XP) is hooked up to one of those stick-internet-recievy-thingies. (This thing: http://www.yinfor.com/blog/archives/images/dlink-wua-1340-wifi.jpg )

So, the one with the stick thing works all nice and dandy, but the one that's hooked to the router won't work. A pop-up thing comes up and says that both computers have the same IP. But, I thought that was supposed to be how it worked with a router?

So... I have no idea what to do about this. : S
Help?

A:Internet problem, wireless works, wired doesn't?

All devices on a network must have a unique IP address. If you have assigned one or both a static IP address then change it/them. If both are using dynamic addressing then shut them both down and unplug the router. Then plug in the router followed by booting the computers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-problem-wireless-works-wired-doesnt.984142/
Relevancy 52.46%

If I plug in to my router directly I can browse my workgroup, access all shares without a problem. When I disable my onboard LAN card and enable wireless, I can't browse my workgroup or even ping the other computers by name or IP on my network.

I can browse the internet wirelessly, ping the router and the IP and subnet are the same when I'm using wireless or wired connection.

I removed and added client for MS networks, file and print sharing, removed all wireless security from my router and it still does not work. I don't know if its my Dell wireless card or an OS problem and don't know what else to try.

Any ideas?

A:cannot browse home network through wireless, wired works fine

On the pc that giving you trouble open this:

click on start
click on run
type: cmd
type: route print

See if it can see your network or your router when you connect wired or wireless?

click on start
click on run
type: services.msc
scroll down for wireless zero configuration make sure that's enabled

also look for network connections and make sure that's enabled
also computer browser is enabled
make sure xp firewall (built-in is disabled)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-browse-home-network-through-wireless-wired-works-fine.65882/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I formatted both my laptop and desktop computer When i did with my laptop everything was great Wireless still worked Of course i have my linksys router connected to get the wireless I then formatted my desktop Its a dell When i did this everything seemed great However i noticed that if i remove my wireless router and just connect my cable modem wired it works However when i connect my wireless router then my wireless internet works but my WIRED connection does not work It has this message that says can't connect Can someone help me here I don't think this has ever happened before I mean there were many times where my Works, Wireless Wired Doesn't Internet Connection Work desktop got formatted and my wired internet worked and i could not get my wireless connection to work But never had i had my wireless work and my wired connection not work Can someone help me on this The one thing i did this time was after i installed the drivers with my windows cd i then deleted the old windows file that was about gb Could that be a Wireless Internet Works, Wired Connection Doesn't Work reason

A:Wireless Internet Works, Wired Connection Doesn't Work

Hello Dynamite, My name is Dusty, and hopefully I am able to help you out some.

Do you have windows updated? Also, Windows update can check for drivers automatically.

Do you have a LAN driver and wireless adapter driver installed? If windows update doesn't find them, look them up on your motherboard's manufacturer's website and your adapter's manfacturer's website, respectively.

Follow this link to uninstall/reinstall wireless adapter: Internet speed suddenly slow?. Believe it or not, It may help with your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200719-wireless-internet-works-wired-connection-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My laptop can connect wirelessly to my network but it cannot connect via it s wired NIC Actually skype will still work but outlook mail and browsers do not The Wired fine other. one Wireless is issue: works home, DHCP at not the cat cable is Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine ok I Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine have tested it on another computer The NIC is ok My wired connection works just fine at my other house let s call it Location which Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine has a similar setup So in summary At Location my wireless connection receives an expected DHCP IP Address of At location my wireless AND wired connections both receive expected addresses I don t connect them at the same time At Location here is the problem my wired connection receives a crazy address When I ipconfig release and renew this wired address it doesn t change Any ideas Thanks Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address ------- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d d ed f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August AM Default Gateway fe aff fefb b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address -------- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe xxxxxx Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway fe aff fefb b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled My configuration is Cable modem - gt DIR- router - gt dlink -port gigabit switch then off the -port switch are DAP- wireless access point extender -port dlink gigabit switch Windows pc s XP pc s a bunch of stereo equipment tv xbox etc nbsp

A:Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine

kcrouse96h said:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-------
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c959:894d:d1ed:6f%12(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 116.86.68.15(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.254.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::226:5aff:fefb:5b26%12
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.17.0.48
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00--------
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80xxxxxx(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.30(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::226:5aff:fefb:5b26%11
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : EnabledClick to expand...

Notice that the WiFI IPv4 address and the gateway+dns addresses are all on the same subnet (a requirement :grinthumb )
The Wired Nic is a mess; the IPv4 address is not connected to the same gateway + DNS subnet.

For Win/XP, uninstall IPv6;
For your Win/7 just disable IPv6 and reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-dhcp-issue-works-at-one-home-not-the-other-wireless-is-fine.151171/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a laptop that I usually use physically connected to my router, but sometimes I use it wirelessly when I want to lie down in bed. After using it wirelessly yesterday for about an hour, I brought it back to where I normally connect it with an ethernet cable but not I can't access the internet even with the ethernet cable plugged in! And wireless doesn't work either!

(I've always had issues with the wireless on my laptop, but the fact that I can't connect with an ethernet cable concerns me!)

I have "Limited or no Connectivity" for my LAN Connection and Wireless. I desperately need some help because I cannot afford a new computer (and I also doubt I need a new one). Hopefully it's not a hardware issue... can you guys help me get to the root of the problem. I have NO IDEA where to start!

Relevancy 52.46%

Okay I have a dandy that Dell couldn't fix I can't get my Windows Professional Dell system to recognize a wired e'net connection I know the cable is okay because I can connect it to my Windows Toshiba laptop next to my desktop and it works great On wired doesnt computers Dell - recognize other PC works on enet my Dell tower I just get a message that a cable isn't connected Dell came out and replaced the port Didn't Dell PC doesnt recognize wired enet - works on other computers fix it I completed uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them Didn't fix it I inserted a separate gigabit eNet card and drivers That didn't work either by the way the green light comes on the back of the card so it's obviously making a physical connection I have reset and restarted my router tried different physical ports and cables and unplugged my OOMA telco device to make sure that wasn't interfering Windows troubleshooters are useless I have a combination router modem from Time Warner which is what I'm blaming - Arris DG A Could there be some sort of port restriction or conflict that I'm having on my desktop This is something that I'm not versed in fixing or diagnosing so pointers are appreciated

A:Dell PC doesnt recognize wired enet - works on other computers

Addtitional data. I'm using Windows Firewall. AVG Anti-Virus. Here's the ipconfig info

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : CSMC-WORK
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : F8-B1-56-D2-A1-14

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 10-08-B1-FB-17-B8

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 10-08-B1-FB-17-B7
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2606:a000:4525:5e00:5546:775f:523c:e411(Preferred)
Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2606:a000:4525:5e00:57e:e9c5:75bd:a3fc(Preferred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5546:775f:523c:e411%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.6(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, July 04, 2015 12:30:14 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, July 04, 2015 3:00:14 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::aeb3:13ff:fe77:3057%11
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 219154609
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1D-1D-DE-CB-10-08-B1-FB-17-B7
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 209.18.47.61
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374593-dell-pc-doesnt-recognize-wired-enet-works-other-computers.html
Relevancy 52.46%

After i turn on my computer the microsoft keybord 600 works perfectly, even show up in the mouse and keyboard center to be configured. Then after a while it stops working and windows says it cannot find a install driver for it WUT? Every time i turn on my pc, the keyboard works for a little whlie then stops again, same error.

In My device mananger the Keyboard goes from working to the code error 38 (driver still is memory), to 45 (device is not connect) to 35 (i dont quite remember about this last one).

1. I try to disable the automatic driver install,
2. Reinstalling my chip set driver,
3. Uninstall all my usb drivers.
4. Reset Bios to the factory settings,
5. Unplug from main power for a couple o minutes
6. Remove the Upper and LowerFilters from the reg

Any help is aprecieted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/389388-wired-keyboard-600-works-util-windows-says-cant-find-drivers.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My Netgear WGR v router stopped functioning as a wireless hub several weeks ago The two PCs that are connected by cable to the router still work fine Only the wireless devices do not connect connections not Netgear wireless works WGR614v6 with router wired but The symptoms with my Sony Vaio laptop Windows Vista SP are that it quot sees quot the network and attempts to connect but takes longer Netgear WGR614v6 router works with wired connections but not wireless than usual to resolve the connection and then either announces quot connection unsuccessful quot or quot connected quot Either way what I get as confirmed in the Network amp Sharing Centre is a quot local only quot connection with no internet access and an inability to quot see quot any of the other PCs on the network The laptop is about m from the router and the signal strength is fine I have used the laptop on several other networks successfully since the problem first appeared The problem predates the installation of Vista SP which I did only last week I have tried the following fixes without success Restarting the router and cable modem and all PCs numerous times Updating the firmware for the WGR Netgear WGR614v6 router works with wired connections but not wireless v to version quot V quot Disabling Netgear WGR614v6 router works with wired connections but not wireless the WEP settings and trying to connect to the router as an unsecured network Re-enabling the WEP settings and re-setting-up the WEP keys on the laptop Ensuring that the aerial antenna is secured and pointing up pulling the router out from under its shelf and into the open I haven t tried restoring the factory defaults on the WGR v because it would be very tedious to re-enter everything from scratch and I thought I d ask you first - Is there a fix for this or have I got a terminally ill and or unfixable router Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there,

I'm having this strange problem i never had before, yesterday when i turned on my laptop, strangely i couldn't find my wireless network on the list, i can see all the neighbors networks that always show up but NOT mine! I adding a wireless network manually but that didn't work either so i removed it, then i plugged in the cable and its working perfectly, but i just can't figure it out why wouldn't the wireless work. I tried clicking that "connect even if the network is not broadcasting" but that didn't make any changes!
I have a dell inspiron 1525, windows 7, ZyXEL Prestige 600 router

ohh and yes, this last week i would sometimes loose signal from my adapter, i usually had to switch it off and then on again and it would work. But i have no idea what should i do now !

Please HELP!

A:wireless network suddenly doesn't show up, but wired it works?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-suddenly-doesnt-show-up-but-wired-it-works.955310/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I browsed the similar inquiries and solutions that concern this issue but I was unable to come to any resolution thus far.

Simply, my problem is that my computer no longer recognizes when an ethernet cable is attached to my computer. At my school there is a wireless network and a wired network and for the past year I've used the wired network because it is so much faster. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, my computer stopped connecting to the wired network and I've noticed that it no longer even recognizes the plugged in cable. The lights do not power up on the side and under network properties the LAN network announces that there is a cable unplugged...

Like I said, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device driver in the manage devices window but this was unsuccessful in solving the issue. I'd appreciate any help or insight on this problem.

Thank you.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I have a Linksys router and Everything is connected right, but if I don't have my wireless adapter in, I can't get any response from the network. There's no other computers I can test anything but when I troubleshoot the issue it says "you may not have a internet adapter" or something like that, I can't remember and it won't come up while the net is activated... Please help.

A:Wired not working, wireless is (need wired cause I'm using room mates wireless)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-not-working-wireless-is-need-wired-cause-im-using-room-mates-wireless.855453/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm experiencing a problem with my wireless network. Nothing seems to be able to connect to my wireless network. It seems to have occurred after I installed a new copy of windows 7 onto my sister's desktop. A message appeared saying we have the same ip address. I believe that is the problem. I've tried renewing our ip address on both desktop but it won't give us new ip address for some reason. pls help

A:Solved: Wireless network not Working but wired working (same ip address conflict?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-not-working-but-wired-working-same-ip-address-conflict.1090204/
Relevancy 51.6%

I get these two error messages every time I start my computer, is there any help? I have an Acer 4810T

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oddpwr-has-stopped-working-and-epowertray-has-stopped-working.1129242/