Windows Support Forum

Wired network not working but Wi-Fi is

Q: Wired network not working but Wi-Fi is

Hi there I ve been searching countless web pages and saw some other people having similar problems as me but I cant find any solution to mine My internet connection was fine until the router went down for maintenance I suppose ipconfig shows that I have an IP address and default gateway as normal The connection on the wired interface is showing I m connected to the internet but I can t ping outside of the default gateway When I tethered an internet connection from another system using the same cable and socket I can use the internet on my pc I ve also tried most of the things I could find but it is still not working Here are the things I have done till now gt ipconfig release gt ipconfig flushdns gt ipconfig renew gt netsh winsock reset catalog gt netsh int ip reset reset log hit gt ran system restore gt installed new drivers for the onboard NIC gt made sure there are no proxy settings and ipv and ipv are set to automatic gt uninstalled all antivirus and disabled firewalls gt plugged in the cable to another system and the internet Wired working Wi-Fi not network but is still works My limitation is I live in an apartment where the connection is provided only via wall Wired network not working but Wi-Fi is socket to their router which I have no access to But since the wall socket is still giving internet on another system im pretty sure it is my pc s problem Please help System spec windows bit Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wired network not working but Wi-Fi is

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wired network not working but Wi-Fi is

Post a log of ipconfig /all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-network-not-working-but-wi-fi-is.188787/
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm experiencing a problem with my wireless network. Nothing seems to be able to connect to my wireless network. It seems to have occurred after I installed a new copy of windows 7 onto my sister's desktop. A message appeared saying we have the same ip address. I believe that is the problem. I've tried renewing our ip address on both desktop but it won't give us new ip address for some reason. pls help

A:Solved: Wireless network not Working but wired working (same ip address conflict?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-not-working-but-wired-working-same-ip-address-conflict.1090204/
Relevancy 64.93%

ok so ive got my Dell precision M90 laptop dual booted with Ubuntu 7.10 gusty gibbon linux and windows xp se2 and on the ubuntu side i dont have this issue so i know its not hardware related, but on the windows side xp just wont connect to the internet through a wired connection. i can use wireless but i dont have it where i am now, only wired, and i miss my clan on rappelz. but back to the point, ive tried everything i can think of the solve the problem but to no avail. ive done everything from open everything to automatic to specific ip addresses and dns even tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing worked so any help would be fantastic.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wired-network-not-working-205416.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi. I'm having internet issues out of no where. It started last night. My wired network computer isn't connecting but it seems the wireless is working on my phone. I searched around and saw some things like uninstalling the device adapter, that didn't work. I tried unplugging the cable mutiple times and that didn't work. I troubleshooted the network and it says it doesn't detect an Ethernet cable. I'm not sure what is going on here

A:Wired network not working?

can we see an ipconfig /all please

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-not-working.1154350/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I'm new to networking and have never tried a wired connection from my ps3 to pc(made one wireless connection last year on home pc). Im using a Vodafone dongle so no router. I have connected the two via ethernet cable and the connection is there but "no network access" is below the Unidentified network. tried a couple of different things but no luck. If anyone has the time or inclination to help, it would be much appreciated.

A:Ps3 to PC (W7) wired network not working

Have you tried to create a home network or adhoc network.?
In network settings one of the questions when you setup is do other users connect through this PC, say yes. and continue with set up.

Raz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142208-ps3-pc-w7-wired-network-not-working.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all Have a different problem them most I have a compaq pc running Vista bit This PC has a wired connection to a wireless netgear router which not wired working Internet but working network is in turn connected to a Linksys DSL modem To the wireless router i have laptops wirelessly connected All four computers are setup on a network so file sharing and printing can be managed The PC acts as the main file server and printer server Just overnight the PC stopped connecting to the network The internet is working fine as normal but no network connection Other laptops on the network have normal internet connectivity but cannot access anything on the PC and no printing either The PC behaviour is has also become strange Task Manager will not open in a window but the green icon will sit in the system tray None of the Network options from Control Panel or quot Network quot in the start menu will work window will open but will get blank screen Performing a ipconfig release or renew will hang for about hrs before i killed it Ran AVG and Windows antivirius and antimalware Malwarebytes without a single hit Even System Restore Internet working but wired network not working from Control Panel will not open Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Internet working but wired network not working

Sounds like you have something corrupted. Let's start by resetting the stack.
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows 7.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-working-but-wired-network-not-working.927442/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am networking 7 business computers to allow for sharing large files. The same 7 computers (with one exception) were previously connected wirelessly to each other and to the internet. The wireless network worked succesfully but was too slow. The internet is no longer needed on all but one of the computers and so I have removed the security key for the router from these computers. Yesterday I connected all 7 computers to a gigabit switch with CAT 6 cables and replaced the desktop PCs old ethernet cards with gigabit cards. I think all of the computers have been connected correctly, but I still have zero communication between the computers on the network. Where do I start?

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I've been having problems with my wired network adapter It no longer seems to be operating but my wireless connection still works fine I plug in the ethernet cable to my laptop and there are no LEDs lit up on either end of the CAT cable receiving plugs Normally these light up when the ethernet is active I not adapter network wired working believe that I've isolated the problem to my computer rather than the router or ethernet cord because I've attached the ethernet cord to a different Mac laptop and had an active connection I've also tried to bypass the wifi router and connect the ethernet cord directly from the the cable modem to the computer and that didn't make any difference So far I've tried the repair option on the wired network adaptor and it has instructed me to plug in an ethernet cord which is already plugged in and that didn't make any difference I've wired network adapter not working reinstalled the network adapter and that didn't make any difference I've also reset the tcp ip stack and no difference The details on my setup wired connection doesn't work Wireless does ISP comcast Type of broadband Cable Modem Arris Surfboard SB Wifi Router D link Dir Anti Virus AVG Firewall Windows firewall iponfig all output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP wired network adapter not working Configuration Host Name XXXXXX-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd wired network adapter not working dc comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-C -DE-A -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F - -B -AE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description EasyTether Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd dc comcast net Description Broadcom b g n Physical Address -F - -B -AE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a aeb ccc e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Tuesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - - - -F - -B -AE- DNS Servers fd a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -F - -D -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F - - -AE - B CA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D C - D - - DB -D F ED D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D E -C F- F - E- CB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd dc comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd dc comcast net Description Microsoft ISATA... Read more

A:wired network adapter not working

Does it work in Safe Mode with Networking?
How about another account? - User Account - Create

Create a manual System Restore point - System Restore

Download and run Download Complete Internet Repair - MajorGeeks as admin in Safe Mode with Networking.
Select options:
- Reset Internet Protocol
- Repair Winsock
- Renew Internet connections
- Reset Windows Firewall

see if this helps, if not download the portable version of Tweaking.com - Windows Repair
Run as admin in Safe Mode with Networking and de-select options:
7 / 8 / 9 / 12 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 21 / 23 / 24 / 25 / 28.01 / 29 / 30 / 31 / 33

If this fail too, then download Linux Mint MATE (Download - Linux Mint) and boot with it (no installation needed, it will run from the RAM), see if you can connect with wired.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/375600-wired-network-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Last Sunday my Wireless connection died My broadband supplier is SKY it s a Sky wireless router Ralink I can connect wired network working unavailable wireless using the ethernet cable but the wireless connection is unavailable Sky were unable to help said it must be a hardware issue I ve tried manually entering the TCP IP settings reinstalling the router with the Sky installation CD tried all the Windows XP Connection diagnostics etc quot View wired network working wireless unavailable Available Wireless Networks quot fails to find any Sky did not believe me when I told them I had only ever been able to see my SKY wireless connection they said I ought to be picking up neighbours as well Either side of me also have wireless connections but the router never ever saw them only my own I have tried system restore to roll back to a time when the wireless network worked OK but nothing I ve tried has fixed the problem I should add that my Sky router has been working fine for two years or so Sunday s crash coincided with a virus alert after viewing a web page about reupholstering a chair I downloaded some free anti virus software but when I tried to register it I couldn t get online so called Sky They were able to get me back online with the ethernet cable I then purchased and ran Norton Anti-virus and cleaned up the laptop generally with Ashampoo etc and various registry cleaners It should now be virus-free and optimised I can of course let you guys know the exact makes and models of everything Just wondered if you had any ideas I could try Cheers Paul nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-working-wireless-unavailable.868978/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a wireless network set up with desktops and a laptop on it one desktop is still cabled and not wireless My son has wired wireless working not machines network, and all a PS hooked to the router as well for online games I added the fourth desktop today and was able to get online for a short time but now can t get online I get the dreaded check your network connection page on that desktop He can t get online with his PS The desktop is wireless just installed it today I open up wireless and wired network, not all machines working the Netgear connection on the desktop that won t connect and there is no connection I click connect and it says the signal is excellent but then i can t get online I have checked the cable for the PS and find nothing wrong with it The other desktops one wireless and one not and laptop are fine so I am clueless as to wireless and wired network, not all machines working what is going on I have unplugged and plugged in the cable don t know what else to try for the wireless I have DSL so I have a router from the provider but there wasn t enough ports I have a network printer also so I added a second Netgear router One wireless and wired network, not all machines working port on the router from the provider has never worked I also have a wireless access point for my laptop which is new and came wireless Where do I begin to figure out the problem nancy nbsp

A:wireless and wired network, not all machines working

We fixed it, by resetting the router. The desktop and PS2 work now.

Nancy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-and-wired-network-not-all-machines-working.407522/
Relevancy 63.64%

PC can see all computers PC and PC can only see each other longer not Network after virus Wired working they cannot see PC This Wired Network not longer working after virus has only happened since the virus infections earlier in this week All viruses have been cleaned or deleted with the help of Cheeseball I can ping PC PC is visible in view workgroup computers but when I click on it it says quot diningroom is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer quot I have the same version of Zone Alarm on all three computers and they previously were able to see and communicate with each other until the recent virus infection I have not made changes in ZA I am using the D-Link DI- Router I have not made any changes in the router program either because I am afraid to mess around by myself in there Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated I used Network Places all the time This is the main computer that my son uses all day long that is why I need to be able to access it from my computer nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hey there I recently upgraded my motherboard CPU and memory and since then I am only able to connect working [SOLVED] network) not (Unidentified Wired Win7 connection in to the internet using my wireless connection Before the upgrade I was able to connect using my wired connection without a problem I've also added an old ethernet card to see if that can connect but it doesn't Both wired connections hang on quot Identifying quot for like one minute before settling on quot Unidentified network quot I've tried disabling enabling the adapters resetting modem and router updating router firmware uninstalling reinstalling updating adapter drivers Ran out of ideas There's another Win computer Home -bit wired to the router that can connect just fine so I'm not sure what the deal is Not sure if you need my system info or not but here it is anyway Win Pro -bit ASUS M A TD EVO AMD Phenom II X T G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB DDR PC EVGA Geforce GTX Antec TruePower Quattro W If I was unclear about anything or you [SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network) need more info let me know Thanks for the help

A:[SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network)

eeek, I dont know sounds

what is you're isp I think maybe you would have to talk to them about it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-wired-connection-not-working-in-win7-unidentified-network-543506.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there I would really appreciate any suggestions for this I unable internet same wireless get network at help, a working Please wired time to and Solved: have searched the internet high and low for a solution I am running Windows xp pro I work as a video editor and where I work we have a wired network sharing video between the different computers at gbps This is on a static IP I also want to use the internet while I am working by connecting to our wireless internet with a wireless adapter via DHCP My problem is if the video network is running my wireless internet constantly goes down every minutes I have found an interesting way to get it to work again is to switch http and http through proxy connections on and Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time off until it comes back But after a year of doing this every minutes I AM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF IT Is there any way for me to get these networks working happily at the same time I have read about setting up static ip and dhcp at the same time but when I type in ipconfig all my settings say I am already seem to be running a static ip and dhcp with the wireless wouter Or maybe the sheer volume of the video network will always squeeze out the internet while it is running I am reasonably intelligent and computer literate but no expert any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Capture Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connect ion Physical Address - - -AE- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff feae Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Primary WINS Server Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS USB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - -CC Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe cc Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe f Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt nbsp

A:Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-unable-to-get-a-wired-network-and-wireless-internet-working-at-same-time.691805/
Relevancy 56.76%

computer is intel, Msi
B75MA-E33,

all drivers are installed, and re installed.

I put in a new graphics card, and all of a sudden , it has stopped working.
I am using a wireless adapter and turned wireless on my modem to use the internet.

I prefer wired internet from the ethernet cable though - this has "broken"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380391-wired-ethernet-cable-not-working-network-adapter-not-found-red-cross.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I have a Linksys router and Everything is connected right, but if I don't have my wireless adapter in, I can't get any response from the network. There's no other computers I can test anything but when I troubleshoot the issue it says "you may not have a internet adapter" or something like that, I can't remember and it won't come up while the net is activated... Please help.

A:Wired not working, wireless is (need wired cause I'm using room mates wireless)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-not-working-wireless-is-need-wired-cause-im-using-room-mates-wireless.855453/
Relevancy 52.03%

I ve got a regular desktop pc and a laptop Both are running Windows If both machines are wired file and printer sharing works like expected If the laptop is on the wireless things go sour The machines don t see each other I can t ping the laptop from the desktop or vice versa Strangely enough if I ping the desktop from the laptop by IP address the desktop will reply At that point the desktop will see the Solved: doesn't file wired-wired works, sharing wired-wireless laptop too and sharing file printer amp media works fine But if Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't the connection is idle for a couple of minutes Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't they won t see each other anymore I ve tried all kinds of things disabled IPv on both reconfigured file and printer sharing disabled the firewalls on both But none of these changes have had any effect whatsoever I have also tried to give everything the same name SSID workgroup and network name on the desktop but that had no effect either More info - Wired and wireless clients are on the same subnet - The router is a Linksys WRT- N - AP isolation is disabled - uPnP is enabled on the router Does anyone have any clue how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I am trying to add a new network-ready printer Brother MFC- N to my existing wireless network The printer is connected to a LAN port on the back of a wireless router The pre-existing wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW S wireless router a wired Windows XP Home desktop and a wireless Windows XP Home laptop The network has MAC address filtering and WEP security enabled I wired WEP network with Solved: security wireless printer on network turned off both MAC and WEP security when installing the printer and the wired desktop was able to detect the printer after going through quot add network printer quot I got the printer s MAC address from the printer test page and added that to the router and turned the MAC filtering back on and still ok I was able to detect the printer from the wired desktop and print I then turned on the WEP security Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network and suddenly the wired desktop no longer detects the printer tried pinging printer s IP address If I turn off WEP the desktop again recognizes the printer I m not sure why WEP is affecting communication between two components that are both wired into the router I haven t even tried to get the wireless laptop to communicate with the printer yet since I can t even get the wired desktop fully working first I don t want to disable WEP security so that is not an option Brother support says Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network its an issue with the router Is there some setting I need to change on the router Alternatively I think if I got a wireless print server and entered the WEP Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network key into the print server it would work but then there was no point in getting a network-ready printer in the first place I could have just kept my old non-network printer Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I need to start by saying I only have a patchy knowledge of networking I have been involved in the Networking of a museum with a set of quot Show quot computers which display video and for this reason cannot have anti virus installed becuase of the performace hit and also the risk of pop-ups on the videos They do however need to be connected to the internet as some are interactive and allow people to send simple emails and they all need to allow remote support when things go wrong It seems the networking was not thought out very well initially and there is a single wireless router which serves the staff and public on a secured wireless network but wired network a wireless a secure alongside network Creating also serves the quot Show quot machines via a wired connection from one of its ports which then connects to a master switch which serves the show machines Now the wired and wireless is on the same network and everything shares the same IP subnet xxx and this is not a good situation in terms of the securuty of the show machines on the wired network So I need to work out a Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network way to totally separate the wireless network which will be very prone to people Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network opening viruses in their emails etc Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network from the wired network which will be the show machines which wont be touched by anyone I want to achieve this in the simplest and easiest way and have been reading about the possibility of setting up a second wired router behind the current wireless one with a different subnet IP address to which the quot Show quot machines could be connected The WAN port on this second router would connect to a LAN port on the wireless router and thus the show machines could get their internet but separated from the dangerous wireless network Does this sound like a sensible start Will the fact that the wired router and show machines are on a completely different subnet to the wireless router and wireless devices mean that the wired network will be protected Or do I need to do more And is this likely to work Many thanks for any advice Cheers nbsp

A:Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network

That's the standard way to protect one set of machines from another, while allowing all to use the same internet access. The reason it works is the NAT layer on the second router--it protects its LAN from the other machines the same way it protects from the big scary internet.

If you are using Windows on the "show" machines try Microsoft Security Essentials. It should not adversely impact performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-secure-wired-network-alongside-a-wireless-network.1021598/
Relevancy 51.17%

My computer is a bit Win SP with Pentium Dual Core Ghz and Gb of Ram on a wired network My wife has a Cannot Network from Computer Wired Network Ping a on Wireless similar system using a wireless network She can ping my IP Address but I cannot ping hers We both have full access to the Internet We are using the same workgroup and both computers have file and printer sharing enabled and IPv addresses and DNS server addresses selected automatically The problem appears to be with my computer but I don t know how to solve it Please help Here are my system stats Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Cannot Ping Computer on a Wireless Network from Wired Network Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P G -M LE Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I have sort of an odd problem I have a desktop computer that is connect to the internet wirelessly Everything works fine there I also have an xbox connected to the desktop via working properly. fine, working Wireless not Wired an Ethernet cable I use this connection primarily Wireless working fine, Wired not working properly. to stream movies from my computer to the xbox Today in the middle of a movie the movie stopped playing and gave me an error saying xbox isn t connected to the computer any more I checked the physical connection and everything was fine I looked at my desktop running windows Wireless working fine, Wired not working properly. xp and noticed my LAN connection wasn t properly running It said I have limited or no connectivity So I tried repairing it renewing it disabling and re-enabling it Nothing worked In fact I get this error quot An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out quot I also noticed I have a xxx xxx IP address if that helps at all EDIT Forgot to mention I also reinstalled the driver for the LAN card nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I have a comcast modem connected to a netgear wireless router (wgt624). The wireless router connects to a netgear switch (fs108) which from there goes to the pc's in the house. My wireless network works fine but I cant get a connection through the switch.

The ip address through the switch: 169.254.63.132
The ip address through the wireless router: 192.168.1.4

I know thats bad how do I fix?

A:Wireless network good wired network no go

Well, you isolate what the issue is. It could simply be a defective switch or cable.

Since that switch has auto-MDX, you should be able to simply plug a cable into any port on the switch to the router and connect computers to it on the other ports. It's really that simple. If that's not working, and the same cables work when connecting directly to the router, the switch is dead.

Did you try different ports on the switch? Sometimes, only one port dies, and if it's the port that the router is connected to, you won't get any connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-good-wired-network-no-go.834640/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok so I have a netopia modem wireless router Its all set up Heres the problem Wired computer directly through ANY of the ethernet ports can access router and each other but cannot access internet Cannot ping outside my LAN but Network Good/Wired Wireless Bad Network can ping every other computer inside Wireless connected computers CAN access internet and all computers within my LAN Tried multiple computers multiple patch cables Thought it might be modem but if it was modem then I wouldnt be able to access other computers on my LAN when wired but I can That s what is wierd No firewalls are set up on computers hardwired I even have RealVNC on one computer that IS hard wired into modem router and I can access it via any other computer so wired network is working Its like HTTP settings to wired ports Wireless Network Good/Wired Network Bad is blocked Any ideas At amp t doesnt know either but they agree its probably not router NOTE I also hooked in a second router from the modem and tried from THOSE ports Still same problem nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

so i've been trying to fix this for the best part of a week now and its finally got the better unidentified network no network wired access of me and i'm resorting to doing the thing no man wants to do and i'm wired unidentified network no network access asking for help My comp just doesnt seem to be able to get a connection through wired unidentified network no network access the ethernet anymore which is considerably faster and more reliable when it does work all i'm getting is unidentified network no network access i have tried running the troubleshooter disabling the wired unidentified network no network access windows firewall and avg but no joy checked the ip is dynamic reset router adapter and pc tried some reset dns catalog command tried ammending the network type and values in the NIC adapter properties none of these worked so i set them all back to what they were before and nothing has made any difference also tried an ip config release and renew but again nothing thanks in advance for your help heres the ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Gumdrops gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gumdrops-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Edimax EW- PIn Wireless PCI-Express Ad apter Physical Address - F- F-E -CE-AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c b bb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC-AE-C - F-C - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e cb bec d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers fd d e c a ff fe c NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A- - -A E- C F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BFD -AA B- EC -B -A DFB AA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394078-wired-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am totally new to networking and have been reading up for a week now and cannot work my issue out I realise this is most likely basic questions but total learning curve is a Network Network and Solved: Wireless Wired testing me out I have just purchased a new PC and the OldPC is still good and works fine so I would like to network even if for short time to move large files over Both PC s run XP Home in SP I have a Speedstream Modem with a Belkin Wireless N Router connected to it and through to new PC with Ethernet Cable I have added a Netgear Wireless G USB Adaptor to OldPC Both are connecting to net and work fine Also purchsed a crossover cable and I tried connecting OldPC to Belkin Solved: Network a Wired and Wireless Network Router and was successful - still got net on old PC so everything seems ok there I have Trend Micro trail version on new PC - at least for a short time and AVG Internet Security on OldPC On the Trend Network page I can only see new PC I can log into Belkin Router and see both PC s Also connected at times are PS and an IPod While I had the crossover connected I could see entries on the Belkin for OldPC However no matter all above the original intent to network the via wireless and or crossover I cannot see either from the other PC When I go to My Network Places and select View Workgroup Computers is says that I do not have access Obviosly I have done something wrong I also suspect it may have something to do with Access Pont but not sure How do I get setup nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I set up a wireless network on my router some time ago It's called Balmer I can't connect to my wireless network with my Windows laptop any more However if I connect an ethernet cable to the router from that laptop it connects just fine as long as the cable is connected However it identifies the WIRED network as Balmer I change? Wired as has network do same network name wireless - I how would really like this laptop to connect to the Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change? wireless Balmer network so I don't have to plug in the ethernet cable I think the problem with the Windows laptop is that it seems to think Balmer is a wired network at the same time as there is an actual WIRELESS network with the same name I wonder if that is confusing the laptop somehow and keeping it from connecting wirelessly If so what do I do about it I've tried deleting the Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change? existing wired network connection but it only gives me a Merge option the delete option is greyed out I should mention that my Windows laptop connects wireless to Balmer just fine as does my cell phone Clearly something is messed up in the network settings for the Windows machine alone I'd really appreciate some guidance on how to get the Windows machine connecting to Balmer wirelessly again

A:Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change?

When you set up your network did you happen to change the password? My network has the same name whether I connect wired or wireless. That should not be an issue. If you connect Wired, you do not have to enter a password. Disconnect the Ethernet cable and click on your wireless icon, if it says connected, click on it and you should have the option to disconnect. It should show you all connections available to it. Click on your network, click connect and you should be asked for a password. Enter the password and it should connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388056-wired-network-has-same-name-wireless-network-how-do-i-change.html
Relevancy 50.31%

ok here is what i have main desk top is and a and comps ps3 a and networking wired wifi 3 one wired wired printer help has this help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard First International Computer Inc AU PCB x C E B Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled it also has a belkin usbwifi alltel g air card what i need help with is want to conect and share the internet and files this comp though a linksys wrt g router that is wired to the ps and a d-link hub the d-link hub is wire to desk tops and a laptop and a hp printer where do i start for some reson i can only have ether my desktops and my main on net or my ps if ps is on and i want to start net on a comp i have to shut off ps and restart all comps what am i doing wrong nbsp

A:help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired

lets see an ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-networking-3-comps-wired-one-wifi-and-a-wired-printer-and-a-ps3-wired.1020626/
Relevancy 48.59%

Here is Network Network Wired and Wireless the scoop I have Wireless Network and Wired Network two Desktops connected thru a D-Link router DHCP is disabled and both computers are manually configured IP Computer Computer As far as each computer seeing each other this is a perfect setup for me Now I needed Computer to access the internet thru another router Wireless Network and Wired Network in the building thru a wireless connection so Wireless Network and Wired Network I bought a USB wireless adapter When I plugged in the Wilreless it gets the following information DHCP Now here is my issue if my wired network and wireless internet are both plugged in I have no internet whatsoever my two desktops still see each other If I unplugged my wired network I can surf the net with no issues I can t eliminate any of the routers as they are very far away from each other What am I missing on my setup What shoud my DNS be on either cnnection wired and wireless What should my gateway be on either connection wired and wireless Does that matter at all Any help clues would be greatly appreciated Thanks Eddie nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, so I am trying to connect my Xbox 360, PS3 and laptop up to the internet. There is already a desktop connected. I am trying to use a linksys 5-port workgroup switch. I have the cable from the from the modem (comcast provided) plugged into the switch, the cable for the desktop and then a cable linking it to another switch. The desktop connects just fine. The second switch has cables running to the xbox, ps3 and laptop. all of the lights are on both of the switches, however i get the message limited or no connectivity on the laptop and the network connections test fail on the game consoles.

Please Help!!

A:Trying to set up a wired network

Yep, no surprise there. You can only connect ONE TCP/IP device to the Comcast modem, so most folks make that a broadband router so they can share the connection.

Buy a broadband modem and this will all work out as you expected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-set-up-a-wired-network.791422/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, I cannot seem to connect to the internet with a wired network through an ethernet cable?

How can I fix this?

Kind Regards

A:No Wired Network

Goto Start>Contorl Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center, on the left side of the screen, Click on Change Adapter settings, Check if Local Area connection has a Red X on it... If it does Right click and select Enable.. try connection 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503884/no-wired-network/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi SOrry if this has been asked before but I want to delete my Network and start a fresh. Can't for the life of me find how to do this. Any help or tips?

A:Wired Network

You can start by running regedit, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Delete all the entries under profiles.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38180-wired-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just purchased a Netgear PS608NA network switch. I'm not sure if it's working or I'm not using it right. The brief instructions say that an indicator light will light up at each of the 8 ports when a cable is installed. These lights flash when power is turned on but not when cables are plugged in. I have several tested cables and have tried all ports in different combinations. The lights don't come on and the info from the router does not pass through the switch. The router modem is configured to send info through the Cat 5 cable. Wireless mode has been turned off. Thank You.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Motorola sbg900 that may be intermittent. I want to leave broadband wireless and connect 2 PC's with already installed Cat 5. I don't need the wireless feature. Can I buy a cable router, preferably Linksys, and hook that directly to my COX cable source. Linksys with 4 output ports would be sufficient. Thank You.

A:wired network

I would call Cox and ask them the question. You are paying them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network.876769/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi SOrry if this has been asked before but I want to delete my Network and start a fresh. Can't for the life of me find how to do this. Any help or tips?

A:Wired Network

You can start by running regedit, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Delete all the entries under profiles.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/38180-wired-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a laptop and a desktop PC both running windows XP SP2. I have a wired linksys BEFSR41 router and when I plug my desktop into it the lights on the Ethernet ports flash on both the computer and the router and I get a messaged about the wired LAN on my desktop, but it cannot connect to the internet through it. If I run the internet coming out of the wall directly into the desktop it works fine and is able to connect. I also have a wireless access point plugged into the wired router which my laptop can connect to with no problem. Any Ideas on how to get the desktop to connect to the internet?

Relevancy 48.16%

Okay, this is weird. I have a winXP pro on my machine, and on it there are no problems with wireless network, but I can't connect to the wired network. Normally, when I plugged in the cable, it was auto-detected, but now my computer doesn't see the wired network. On Linux on the same computer there are no problems with either wired or wireless.
Could you give me some reasons why it doesn't work/tell me what to provide to narrow down the search?
Thanks.

A:Wired network

Well, the fact that it works wirelessly in Windows, and wired in Linux leads me to believe it's a driver issue in Windows for the wired NIC. That's where I'd be looking first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network.778295/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I have a lap top and a desk top, and am thinking about a wired network, as I think it would be the simplist way for me to do it, I know I will need a modem router, and I think I will need a long lenght of ethernet cable to connect them, but I am unsure about the lap top, someone told me I would need some kind of an adapter that I put into the lap top, can anyone tell me what equipment I will need. The lap top is set up to the main phone socket and the lap top is about 10 foot away in the next room. Is it possible to set up a network, this way, any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 47.73%

Our network consists of 3 Desktops, all Windows 7 Home Premium, and one printer, using ATT DSL. It's presently wired through a 2Wire 2701 BHG wireless router modem/combo. It works well, when wired, but is the older G type. The upgrade plan is to use a TP-Link TD-8816 modem/router combo configured as the modem and a Netgear WNR2000 modem/router combo configured as the router, will it work and will it work with ATT. How should the TD-8816 be configured for modem only and the Netgear WNR2000 for router only. My research indicates it can be done but the manuals are impossible. FYI, Dumped my wireless due to slow speed and constant drop offs. ATT was no help. Thanks for your input.

A:Wired network configuration help.

It's very much possible. The modem shouldn't need any configuration, it's the Netgear device that just needs configuring. You'd need access the Netgear device's config settings via Ethernet and change the IP address of it, disable the DHCP server on it as only one DHCP server should be running on the network, which you want your modem to be. Connect the Netgear device to the modem via Ethernet, and configure the SSID to be the same on both devices.

When you set up the router's IP address, keep it out of range of the modem's DHCP server, so duplicate IP addresses won't be given out, for example your modem's IP is 192.168.1.1, so the first IP it gives out on the network will be 192.168.1.2. Setup the Netgear router's IP address to be 192.168.1.99, to keep it out of the IP pool of the modem.

This diagram should help:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213907-wired-network-configuration-help.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay after being tired about the unreliability of wireless i decided to run an ethernet cable from my router to my computer my wireless connection was really messed up up and it usually crawls at terrible speed and disconnects a lot Im running Vista but my laptop keeps connecting automatically to various wireless networks the only way I can get a connection through my cable is by disconnecting from wired a Question network about a network and then plugging the cable Question about a wired network in Is there a way I can make sure my computer is connecting through my ethernet connection every time instead of wireless and also how to properly configure everything for ethernet I was thinking that I could turn off my wireless adapter through device manager however im unsure if this would mess anything else up - also im not sure which it is under network adapters I have Atheros Wireless Network Adater and SiS Ethernet controller If anybody has any ideas how I can set everything up Question about a wired network so my ethernet connection works properly it would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Question about a wired network

Just disable the wireless connection, either in Device Manager or in Network Connections, that won't upset anything else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-a-wired-network.753910/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there I am currently setting up a computer network i m a total novice but I understand what to do i think I have a few questions that i want clarified We already have hardlink installed via the router for the whole unit and it would be to complicated to install a wire going from place to another well over Ft plus Setup Wired Network lots of concrete So that have wired us up a hardlink into one of the offices This hard link works fine with no problems I have purchased some Cat e cable Port switch and some patch cables and some single face plates Would I be able to Plug a patch cable from the hardlink into the port then a wire from the port into the wall port faceplates that link our computers then plug a wire into the port and into the computer in that office Would I be able to install a server over this network via Ethernet patch cables As I have setup a wallport faceplate with cable connecting the rest of the network Can Wired Network Setup I have a single wire going from one face plate to another face plate Then have a single wire in from the next wallport face plate from previous plate and one wire out to the next wallport face plate and the same again to another face plate Would any of these methods Wired Network Setup work as I have already wired up the cable to the back boxes and luckily I haven t wired them into the face plates Many Thanks If anyone wants to know what i mean in drawing PM me and I will send you a drawing of what you require Also all the computers are using Windows Professional and the server will run on Windows Server nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Alright so I just did a fresh install of Windows build x Everything works just find except my network adapters I'll detail system specs after I explain the problem When i connect one of my cables the computer attempts to identify the network It doesnt I check IPconfig and it gets all DHCP information from my Linksys router but no internet connection I have IPv turned off on both adapters as well as the VMnet adapters i use for VMware Workstation I attempt to ping google only wired - local network com and it comes back ping request could not find host I attempt to ping the router and says host unreachable IPconfig data - Local Area Connection Local Area Connection shows up the same with IPv Address Connection-specific DNS Suffix oxfordnetworks net IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway The Gateway itself sees the Win computer but when i ping from the router local only network - wired to it times out Also I attempted to update the network drivers using the Intel Pro v Vista x drivers and the installer wouldnt let me install the drivers because of quot software not built for your operating system quot System Specs Supermicro X SAX x motherboard core i ATI XFX Extreme Edition gb x gb Corsair XMS WD AAKS GB Western Digital HDD x LG SuperMulti DVD burners Everything EXCEPT the network is working flawlessly on this sytem

A:local only network - wired

Hello Jrdonnaruma,

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Oxfordnetworks.net is a local outfit. We must practically be neighbors.

Only idea I have is to try installing the Vista drivers in compatibility mode: Info here if needed: Compatibility Mode

Hope this helps and that you enjoy the forums.
Please keep us posted.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/7977-local-only-network-wired.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Good day everyone i hope you guys can understand my english anyways i am experiencing a problem with my laptop which is samsung u a i am disconnecting to the internet if i am using a wired Wired network problem network but i dont have any problem when it comes to wireless when i tried to troubleshoot it i got Wired network problem these message quot Invalid IP configuration quot but i set it to automatic obtain and quot Cannot found default gateway quot i do the ipconfig all and these is the result Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ram-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -A -DE-E - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - - A- -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe Wired network problem GBE Family Controller Physical Address E - - A- - Wired network problem - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b e f bd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February PM Lease Expires Friday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DD-DB-D -E - - - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c b f fe Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe b f fe Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled PLEASE HELP ME

A:Wired network problem

Hi and welcome to the forums

If you can't connect to a network, there might be a problem with your network adapter. You can try using the Network Adapter troubleshooter to automatically find and fix some common problems.

Open the Network Adapter troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Click View all, and then click Network Adapter.

Here are some common reasons for network adapter problems, and related solutions:

The network adapter is disabled.

To enable the adapter:

Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

Right-click the network adapter icon, and then click Enable. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

The network adapter needs to be reset.

To reset the adapter:

Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

Right-click the network adapter icon, and then click Disable. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Right-click the adapter icon again, and then click Enable. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

The adapter is now reset. Try connecting to the network again, or run the Network troubleshooter to verify that your network adapter is now working correctly.

Open the Network troubleshooter by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Troubleshoot problems.

The network adapter driver is missing, isn't working, or is out of date.

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

If you reset your network adapter and you still can't connect to a network, you might need to update the adapter driver. (Updating the driver can solve the problem of missing or failed drivers, as well as outdated ones.) To update your network adapter driver, follow these steps:

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.? If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Double-click Network Adapters, right-click your adapter, and then click Properties.

Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.

If Windows can't find the driver on your computer and you don't have a connection to the Internet, you might need to contact the network adapter manufacturer or your computer manufacturer to get the driver. Check the information that came with your network adapter or your computer to see if you have a disc that contains the drivers.

Once you've updated the driver, try connecting to the network again, or run the Network troubleshooter to verify that the adapter is updated.

Open the Network troubleshooter by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Troubleshoot problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278514-wired-network-problem.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I set up connection to 2 of my pc's through a wired connection to my router. How do I set up the PC portion of it so I have a network? Both pc's are using windows 10 pro. I havent done this since windows 98 so its been a while. Any positive help is appreciated.

thx

A:configuring a wired network

If you have two (or more) devices connected to the same router they are already on the same network.

With Windows 10 then you can try to use a Homegroup or you can enable file and printer sharing. I think that enabling file and printer sharing is similar to the following (I can check later if this doesn't work) ...

Short description for Windows 7 and 8/8.1 file and printer sharing:

Go into the Network and Sharing Center from the Control Panel or from the Network icon in the Notification Area. Your network must be designated 'Private' (or 'Home' or 'Work'). Click on Change advanced sharing settings. In the Private or Home or Work section you can configure File and printer sharing, Public folder sharing, and Password protected sharing.

You may want to change the Workgroup name. To check it or change it right click on "Computer" and select "Properties."

You must uninstall or properly configure any non-windows firewall (security suite).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-a-wired-network.1162599/
Relevancy 47.73%

I need help from a person knowledgeable in setting up a Wired Home-Network system I have a Laptop amp Desktop they have Windows XP Home and Windows XP pro operating systems respectively They both have the windows Office program An HP All-on-one printer I wish to share the printer and files between the two computers Verizon DSL is my ISP I have Venison s Westell Versa Link model W modem and have bought a Linksys model BEFSX ver Router I have spent over hours off amp on trying to get the network going to no avail I have on-line with Linksys support for over hour and Network Wired Problem they are unable to help The biggest problem seems to me is that the Modem will never Wired Network Problem recognize the router I ve tried everything I m beginning to think that the modem and router are not compatible but no one seems to know Do I have the wrong equipment My computers both connect to the Internet via Venison s modem no problem at all What equipment do I need to accomplish my objective nbsp

A:Wired Network Problem

Hold on a second, according to Westell, the modem is not just a modem, its also a 4 port router with firewall! That might explain your difficulties. You need to put the Linksys aside, and use the Westell as both the modem and router. There is a port for the DSL Line connection-----and there are 4 Ethernet Ports, a Wireless Antenna conector.

Once you are configured, then you need to follow directions on how to share folders and a printer. It has been discussed many times on this forum . There is one right below your post on this forum.

This might be of use for any questions you have on the Westell.
http://www.westell.com/content/sales/327W.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-problem.416432/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello there,
Can anybody enlighten me please is it at all possible to set up a network between two computers when one is on a wireless connectio and one wired but both connected to net through same router?

Originally i didn't think it was possible and had dissmissed it as an option for my mothers set up but i'm now questioning the logic for dismissing it. Anyway i'm sure someone here has the required knowledge. Thanks a million Max.

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a ethiernet cable that I can connect to my pc and get internet, when I connect that same cable to the wirless router, I can't get internet, what am I doing wrong. The PC I am using connect to other wireless routers on the same network, but this ethiernet cable only work on pc when put in direct

Relevancy 47.73%

I want to connect 2 computers together to send data from one to the other. Then I'll copy a partition to an empty computer.
Thanks for help.
Bill

A:How to set up wired network in Windows 8.1

This depends on what infrastructure you have. If your both devices are wifi enables, you can create a Wifi hotspot and connect other to share files. If you have a Lan cable, you can make then acting as LAN.

Reply with your machine details (Hardware and availability).

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37442-how-set-up-wired-network-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have my wireless all setup nicely, but I prefer mostly wired connection. My router just says on it that it is a wireless router. Can i get also a wired connector out of this? Any help on how to set a wired connection would be helpful. I already have a ethernet cable connected to my desktop and i have Win 7 Home Premium.

Relevancy 47.73%

My wired network adapter no longer displays when I open "view network connections". It was working fine until yesterday. I have a HP Compaq dc7100 SSF computer. OS is Windows XP Pro. I installed a usb adapter to get a wireless connection but want to go back to the wired connection. It uses a Broadcom driver for windows xp. I downloaded the network adapter driver from the HOP website for this computer but canot get it to display so am unable to use it. Hope someone can help.

I have attached the Network adapter file I used.

A:Wired network adapter

There are a few possible reasons why it would not show up.

The first and most likely is: The network adapter has been disabled in the BIOS settings.
Reboot your computer and press F10 when it first shows anything on the screen. Go into networking and make sure the ethernet adapter is enabled.

The other reason it could be missing is you have a motherboard problem.

My first thoughts are the BIOS issue.

Hope this helps,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382001/wired-network-adapter/
Relevancy 47.73%

i am having wireless router, is there any problem while connectig to internet if i connect my computer to that router via wired and wireless using two NIC card, both are enabled(active), at the same time

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am setting up a network using wires There are two computers One of my computers has been networked before so I know that is ok but this other one hasn t The motherboard manual says that it has a RJ port quot This allows connection to a LAN through a Network Hub quot This is the computer I want to be the master What is a network hub Do I need to buy one I am going to town soon and so need to know what I need So far I am thinking that I only need a wire to connect the two computers Do I need anything else really Setting - a up network help! need wired Is this RJ what I need or do I need to buy a NIC Basically I have a computer with a network card and I think my other Setting up a wired network - really need help! has a network card RJ and so I think that I only need to buy a wire I am dumb at networking Also is it simple to get an internet connection on the connected computer And do the two network slots have to be compatible or anything Both are using XP Thanks Help really needed appriciated Dan PS on the computer with the RJ port in device manager under network adapters is shows my modem and net adapter Is this what I need And do I need to install anti-virus firewalls on the computer not connected to the internet nbsp

A:Setting up a wired network - really need help!

Yes, if it's a RJ45 jack, then it will work just fine. You don't have the local area connection listed under the network adapters, so you probably need to install the drivers for the network adapter.

Hub.. Where were you going to connect the computers? If you are just going to link the two computers, then all you need is a crossover cable. If you actually have some network device to connect the computer to, then you already have your "hub".

No, you don't need a firewall if there's no internet connection and you trust the other computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-wired-network-really-need-help.50567/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am having difficulty networking computers and getting them to access the internet i have the default computer set as automatically configue ip and dns and it has connected with ip and as the subnet mask the default gateway is though a us robitcs router and i can ping the default gateway fine and i can fully connect to the internet through this pc without any problems however when i go to the nd computer that i want to network i cant ping the default gateway and i Network Router Wired via Help have obtain ip address automatically and dns server automatically however it cant retrieve an ip address and just Wired Network via Router Help comes up with an error and therefore i am unable to connect to the internet i have tried lots of different ips and nothing seems to work at all i disabled all firewalls and anti virus too i cant seem to get computer to connect to this one i am gaining internet access with now Can anyone help Simple answers only too nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys,

I recently bought a DLink 905DX from ebay. It came with a power cable (nothing else.)

I'm having trouble getting it all to work.

My setup is like:

NTL modem -> hub (dlink 905DX) > pc1 + pc2

(using straight ethernet cables).

The internet simply does not work (I have yet not tried file sharing but from what I can see thats not going to work either).

I've tried resetting ip address, tried restarting modem + hub but all have failed.

Please advise.

Relevancy 47.73%

I have an old USB wired (Cat5/Cat5e/Cat6, ethernet, LAN, NIC...) network card, but ever since I installed 64-bit Vista Ultimate, I can't find any products with drivers for the OS.

Has anyone had any luck with a USB network card on Vista x64?

In advance,
1. Yes, I need x64 to break the RAM barrier on this computer.
2. It's a laptop, and I don't need more cards to remove when I undock it.
3. Two networks at a university: one from the school with autherntication, and the other goes to my small in-room network.

Relevancy 47.73%

My HP Pavilion DV7-1132nr laptop computer has a webcam built into it. I want to know if I need to be on a wireless connection in order to use it. Can I use the web cam on AIM running on a wired connect????

A:Webcam on Wired Network?

To your computer, there's no difference between information sent over a wired connection and a wireless connection, so there should be no problem using it over a wired connection. If anything, it will probably work better!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/webcam-on-wired-network-406776.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The problem started about 2-3 weeks ago completely randomly. Every 2 days or so at different times my computer will completely drop its' connection to my USR5461 router and begin looking for the automatically assigned IP address that Windows XP provides. The only fix I've found so far is to reboot the router. The other people connected to my network aren't having this problem so I imagine it is isolated to my machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

So this doesn't make any sense to me. I have vista home premium x64 installed on my custom desktop pc and I've always used a wired connection to a netgear router and cable modem to get it on the internet. Recently, I unplugged the ethernet cable WHILE THE COMPUTER WAS OFF and reconnected it WHILE THE COMPUTER WAS STILL OFF and now I can't connect to the network. It calls it an unidentified network and it only gives me local access. I've tried the diagnose and repair, reinstalling network drivers, and resetting my router. What's my problem here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Can't Connect to Wired Network!! Please Help!!

Hi BigSexy,

This doesnt mean something about just cause u removed the cable and reconneted this happen. its most liky that there may be a problem with the cable or the Network Card. So What you can try is try connecting the cable to another computer and check to see wheter that computer works. if It does then you could check your network card by replacing it with another card. Also Check the router wheter Its working propely by connecting it to another pc,.

Hope this helps
Cheers !!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/215628-cant-connect-wired-network-please-help.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello guys, Recently I sold my Desktop And brought A new Laptop which Is A Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo
3D Inspiron 17R Turbo laptop | Dell India

As I had desktop So I had A broadband Wired Network Connection. But Here in my laptop I have a LAN Port but I have A Powerful Intel Centrino Wi-Fi.

So my question is that is there any way to make my wired connection as a wirless So that My broadband connection would be at home but I could get its network In my laptop Anywhere I go through my Laptop Wi-Fi.

Please Help Me.......

Thanks.........

A:How To Get Wired Network As Wirless?

Yes, but you will need to buy such a service from your mobile phone carrier, which will come with a 3G/4G usb adapter. It's very popular this days. Not sure what you have available in your country. Other wise you will need a wireless router for you home network which will do wired and wireless connections.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20547-how-get-wired-network-wirless.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hello I am having trouble with my internet connection wired problems network 7) (win it was working fine up until a couple of days ago but now it has completely stopped It is a wired connection and does not appear to use a modem the wire comes in directly through the wall strange i know but apparently it s common here in russia The provider uses its own dialup connection program which appears on the desktop double click it and the computer connects to the internet - wired network problems (win 7) at least it used to Now when you open the program it says the internet is connected however it is not if i open the status tab it gives the following information IPv Connectivity No network access IPv Connectivity No network access Media State Connected I have run ipconfig all the details are as follows Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Sandra gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sandra-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing wired network problems (win 7) Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ultra net ru PPP adapter UltraNet - Internet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description UltraNet - Internet Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address C - -FE- -CE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ultra net ru Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - E-ED-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd e c de f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE- - - - - E-ED-F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef b dd c f e bf Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe dd c f e bf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap D - B - B -A -D C C E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap ultra net ru Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ultra net ru Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - F F- A-B B -B CE FC ABD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP ... Read more

A:wired network problems (win 7)

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

As far as I can tell the ipconfig /all information looks reasonable and you may have to contact your provider is this is not a firewall issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-problems-win-7.1077659/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I have just rebooted my Laptop and Windows 7 is now telling me that there is no Internet Connection, the Cable is working fine as the router is showing a full Gigabit connection and I can connect to my NAS fine.

But if I connect to the same router Wirelessly I have no problems!

As I can connect to the Internet wirelessly obviosuly my Cable Connection is working, and the Internet cable between the Laptop and the router works (or I wouldn't be able to access my NAS), so I am not sure what could be causing this.

I did last night install some Windows Updates so not sure if this could have caused the problem!

Any ideas.
Thanks,

Gavin,

A:No Wired Network After rebooting

Quote: Originally Posted by gavinjb

Hi,

I have just rebooted my Laptop and Windows 7 is now telling me that there is no Internet Connection, the Cable is working fine as the router is showing a full Gigabit connection and I can connect to my NAS fine.

But if I connect to the same router Wirelessly I have no problems!

As I can connect to the Internet wirelessly obviosuly my Cable Connection is working, and the Internet cable between the Laptop and the router works (or I wouldn't be able to access my NAS), so I am not sure what could be causing this.
I did last night install some Windows Updates so not sure if this could have caused the problem!

Any ideas.
Thanks,
Gavin,

Hi Gavin and welcome.
If I'm not mistaken you are saying that your wireless setup is working fine but your direct wire from your laptop to your router doesn't work.

I would ask myself I installed something prior to this bootup that may have caused this. Any new software install of Win7 updates?

I would first turn off my wifi on my laptop and then try to hookup to the wired router. I know this may sound strange but it's an quick and easy elimination just in case.

I would then check my network card under device manager and see if it has an error by a large exclamation point. I would also check and see if I have the latest drivers and try to update (wirelessly of course)

This is just a start. Let me know what you find out?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80426-no-wired-network-after-rebooting.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I've been searching around for a fix to my issues but I cant seem to find one so Ill try just taking a stab in the dark and seeing if anyone will reply Now I am using my on-board RTL C NIC to connect to a Netgear DG Gv using a cat cable My network connection state varies from full access to none at all Sometimes I turn the computer on and it works fine other times I have to disable then enable the NIC - times and eventually it works then doesn't work It also appears that when all the planets align and for some reason or another I can actually get on the network that the NIC gets quot overloaded quot with information then just disconnects me Say for example I can go around facebook and google that sort of thing fine when said connection is working but say Network Issue Wired if I want to load up something like World of Warcraft it appears to break my connection I have tried using Gigabytes drivers on their webpage specific to my mobo I have gone to Realteks website and used their latest drivers and I have also just used the bog standard windows drivers it appears when I do uninstall the device and then reinstall it with Wired Network Issue one of the drivers the device appears to work but then after - minutes maybe the device fails me again I've been reading around and I have disabled the Bonjour service and set up the network as quot Work quot network This issue seems to come and go too It appears to hang around from a day or somehow repair itself and be fine for another - weeks and break again Actually since Sunday I have been having this problem Saturday I was pretty much downloading all day at my max kbps Go go Australia's amazingly fast internet no problems at all We have other computers on the network laptops One using the other using Vista They do not have any issues at all Anyway here are IPConfig's One where my network connection is fine The other where it is broken INTERNET WORKING Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jays-Computer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - F-D - E-CA-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December AM Lease Expires Thursday December AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address cf e d d e c Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe d d e c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap AEC D -E - E -A D-F D FD E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes INTERNET BROKEN Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jays-Computer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - F-D - E-CA-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December AM Lease Expires Thursday December AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap AEC D -E - E -A D-F D FD E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Wired Network Issue

Your Netgear DG834Gv2 shows support for Windows 7. From what I see everything should be up and running. A cmos clear may fix the board if that is the problem. I would also try to reset the router and see if it helps.

Shows support for Windows 7 > Maybe a firmware update will help but it mentions nothing about Windows 7. http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/2327

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...4Gv2&os=64-bit

Gigabyte also shows support for Windows 7 and your board.
GA-EP43-DS3 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver

I think that computersplus means this setting in power settings. Just go to the wireless adaptor setting and tell it not to sleep. I'm not sure if you are using wireless or not. Don't know if that will help or not but works sometimes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50575-wired-network-issue.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'll start by telling you all that I am an avid PC Gamer (World of Warcraft mostly), perhaps that might be of relevance.
I'm going to be getting a 2nd computer in the next few weeks and have decided to go with a wired network as opposed to wireless due to instability concerns.
However, in order to connect the 2nd computer to the Ethernet Hub, I will need to run a 50ft Ethernet Cable (Either Cat5E or Cat6, have not determined).
My question is... Will the speed lost due to the length of the cable be anything significant enough to interfere with something such as WoW?
(I am currently using Time Warner's Roadrunner internet, 5mbps)

Thanks!

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I hope somebody can help me with this Recently today I changed from Wireless to Wired connection Everything was working fine until I was installing drivers on my brother s computer I thought that maybe there was some management software for the card Intel Pro VE I mistakenly went to the Intel site for the drivers and software instead of the Dell site I have a Dell Dimension I installed the drivers and now it says that it is connected but when I try to access the internet it doesn t work I have tried using system restore driver rollback new drivers different settings etc but none work except for when I removed and reinstalled Network problem Wired the network component in Add Remove Programs and then restarted After that my PC showed that skype was connected I tried Messenger Google Talk and IE but they don t connect at all After about mins though Skype was offline and didn t come back online So can anybody suggest something I m thinking maybe something to do with the TCP IP or maybe i m completely off track nbsp

A:Wired Network problem

What does your device manager show in the Ethernet Adapter section? In your local area connections is the only one listed the Ethernet adapter you have? If there are more you may want to disable all the others until you have it working. What is the IPCONFIG /ALL of this PC that isn't working does the Ip scheme match what the routers IP is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-problem.438015/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I have this unidentified network problem when i'm using a wired connection. Wireless is fine and all but wired no.
Here is a bunch of things i tried:
-Reinstall Driver
-Bonjour service uninstalled, and reinstalled
-enable and disable driver
-Reset router
-Static IP
-Updating driver
-Switching to different routers (Same problem on all routers i tried) Current router: Linksys WRT160N V.1
-Disabled IPv6
-WOL and Shutdown link to 100 Mpbs first
-Also tried different cables
-Giving network address to present with random Letters a-f and numbers 0-9
-Putting only manual DNS
-Tried on different computer still doesnt work
-Wont even work on PS3

So is there anything else i can do? i've tried almost everything. I dont think its my router as i tried different routers. What could it be?

A:Unidentified Network Wired TRIED EVERYTHING

When did this problem start? Were your wired devices previously able to access the network?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125041-unidentified-network-wired-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am currently Not working Wireless ;( Wired connected and able to view pages when Im connected to my cable modem w ehternet But when I try doing to wireless with my router and wireless card it shows that I am connected but when I try to view pages in FireFox I get quot The server cannot be found quot I did Ip config but when I did it I was connected wired If I need to do it when Im trying to view pages wirelessly please let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated Here are the results Wired working Wireless Not ;( for IP Config Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings HP Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name livingroom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nc rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nc rr com Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - - -BC-A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM C Documents and Settings HP Owner gt nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey I need help on my computer so I have a Windows Home Premium desktop and I connection not working Wired upgraded it to windows pro then downgraded to Windows Home Premium using the disk in the original box When I upgraded to Windows PRO the internet is still working When I downgraded to Wired connection not working Windows Home Premium the internet stopped working I have Prolink H N PLDTMYDSL I am running on a x Windows Home Premium desktop I have a wired connection Ethernet cable not blinking orange but the green light is on I am using a DSL Local Area Connection Home Network Realtek Wired connection not working PCIe GBE Family Controller I did not installed any antivirus because my internet is not working I cannot do ipconfig all because I do not have my internet But I can show you my IPCONFIG ALL in our old wired computer that has internet access Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sith Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain name Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain name Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address xxx Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday June AM Lease Expires Tuesday July AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled I have removed from what I think is important to save our privacy like Link-local IPv Address DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID Physical Address And of course blocked the three numbers in IPV Address If these stuff are not important and you need it to help me please let me know NOTE I posted this on our old wired computer that has internet access I'm trying to fix our other computers internet NOTE If you need more information about it let me know and tell me what do you need Thanks in advance -Cris EDIT I might not be able to see all the comments due to school and stuff Sorry in advance

A:Wired connection not working

Cris1,

You do not need internet to do an IPCONFIG /ALL, just a command prompt.

There is nothing that violates your privacy on the resulting output.

With all due respect, posting the output of a computer that doesn't have a problem, doesn't really help us help you.

We're going to need that info from you. Please post an ipconfig /all from your computer.

You might also want to ensure the drivers are up to date, the cable is not faulty (swap with the one on the other computer that is working).

If you are not getting a link light then it's not seeing your modem/router at all.

thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336092-wired-connection-not-working.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I live in an Working Wireless Wired Not but apartment complex and my internet was out this morning Wireless Working but Wired Not so I called tech support to come look The guy ended up replacing the modem that s a part of their network with a Netgear one We have a Netgear router that didn t work with it Originally only plugging into Ethernet ports worked so I tinkered with it for a while After Googling for a while I ended up using a Belkin MAC address in the router page instead of the default The MAC address I found and used is BD C B I unplugged the modem after that and after replugging the wireless works just fine Unfortunately the wired Wireless Working but Wired Not connection no longer works Here is the ipconfig all from my laptop wireless Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kien gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kien-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - F-E - - E-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DB- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - D- -DB- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd mi comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And this is when the wireless is turned off and it s plugged into the ethernet Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kien gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kien-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - F-E - - E-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - D- -DB- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ff d caf f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DB- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd mi comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help would be greatl... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I am pretty darned stumped I just recently got a new router and set it up for wireless only as everyone in my family uses that exclusively Well today I bought some Xbox live time and wanted to connect through wires Only it doesn t work at isn't wired Wireless but working all It won t even acknowledge that a wired is present in there yes both ends are secure and this is while the wireless is working I tried connecting to my computer to no avail turned the wireless off I have a Belkin Wireless Advance Router F D - v I m unsure whats the problem as everytime I fixed my internet the internet wasn t working But this time it is but it s just the wired that s not even registering to anything It s the only light on the router not lit Also when I try to connect it says Error and then a long paragraph about Logging or whatever and how I should contact my ISP which stumps me because I m connected nbsp

A:Wireless working but wired isn't

also I can not access the 192.168.2.1 page unless I'm connected wirelessly. It won't show up if I turn wireless off and use only wires.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-working-but-wired-isnt.907841/
Relevancy 47.3%

Although it says it is connected to Local and the Internet, nothing loads on a browser or connects for updates. The wireless works (Although one site cannot be accessed since this problem started), and I've reset the computer and router/modem.
Custom build

I'll get the results of ipconfig/all up in a bit.

Thanks!

Relevancy 47.3%

There was a thunderstorm working Wired not connection yesterday and my power shut off for a moment I heard a loud pop from my computer as it shut off and am fearful Wired connection not working that something went wrong Today I noticed that my network access was really slow and it seems that my computer is using wireless and not the wired connection i normally use It is showing up as quot unidentified netowrk quot with quot No network access quot checking the properties on it I have packets sent I have a Wired connection not working static ip address and so i disabled this to see if it is something with that Now i get a default x x and have no gateway I have run the windows troubleshooter reset the router reset the computer replaced the network cable changed ports on the router ipconfig release renew netsh winsock reset forced a valid static ip again Note that the wireless is still working fine for all devices but i cant get the wired connection working at all Please help IP config since I know you will ask C Users anon gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Akuma-DPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address FC-AA- - C-F -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - C-A - - F-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - C-A - - F-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd f d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday April PM Lease Expires Tuesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- F-E - - - - - B- A-FE DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BDBA -AE - B -AAB -CFC B FF CE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBC E - AC - E -A -F BA B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Wired connection not working

hi do you have the yellow and green lights flashing next to the Ethernet port?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367097-wired-connection-not-working.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Can someone please help me??

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey

I recently had a wireless router connected to my windows xp computer and working fine throughout the house, but now the router has broken and i cant connect from the modem to the computer directly with the cable. There is nothing wrong with the cable just that the router is broken, but the wireless still working using a wirless range extender. the computer cannot connect to the internet but finds a wierd ip adress and no default gateway. Any help would be appreciated

THanks guy

Raul

Relevancy 46.87%

I have 4 computers hard wired together using a netgear gateway router RT314. All these computers hooked to the internet by cable modem. Want to add a laptop to this network using DLink DI-624 wireless router.Laptop has
a wired and wireless nic installed.
What would be the step by step instructions to add this wireless router to the wired router.

Relevancy 46.87%

I've been having an issue with all the printers and print servers on my network. They work great with my wife's computer which runs XP, but my computer which runs 7 won't print. Tried a Cat 6 cable on one and got some results. This might be the solution that seems to elude everyone.

A:printing with Windows 7 on a wired network

Can you print through telnet?

Also, can you print, bypassing the network and using the correct windows 7 driver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-with-windows-7-on-a-wired-network.987021/
Relevancy 46.87%

My problem is that i have a wired network and do not have any interest in
running a wireless network.
But in vista there are options only to setup a wired network.
How can we setup a wired network in vista?

Relevancy 46.87%

Good Afternoon I am running a home network and the computer in question is Win Wired Connection Network Problem - bit Dell desktop connected to the netword via CAT- cable Other wireless computers reside on the network too For the past several days it has been dropping its connection to the Internet sometimes spontaneously and always on reboot When I go to the Network amp Settings page after the connection drop I see attached two Wired Network Connection Problem networks My network Wired Network Connection Problem and a public network so quot multiple networks quot appears on the network map To regain my connection to the Internet I have to go to quot Adapter Settings quot disable the LAN connection and then re-enable it That gets me back to the Internet but doing this several times a day is no fun I tried drect connecting my cable modem to the computer avoiding the router and all that appeared was a Public Network I could not seem to connect to Can anyone offer some insights as to what is going on with my computer and how I can resolve it The only changes to the system in the past week were the MS updates installed automatically Help is appreciated Thanks Doug

A:Wired Network Connection Problem

Hi DougR,

Try to do a Power Cycle.
How to Power Cycle (Restart) your Internet Modem & Router

I'd highly recommend a firmware update of your router if you have not done it yet. You may obtain/download from the manufacturer's site. To install the new firmware, use a wired connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131634-wired-network-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have a clean w install with latest updates I plugged the computer into LAN via standard ethernet cable and everything looked alright however it seems that there is some problem with downloading (wired) network Strange issue files be it through browser or a different service such as win update Usually the download starts normally downloading about - megabytes but then the download freezes as if the internet connection had disconnected Thing is it hadn't I can still browse websites and ping hosts The downloading sometimes randomly resumes for another kilobytes to megabytes though generally not more Other computers not running windows in the LAN do not Strange network issue (wired) have this issue which leads me to believe it's not connected to router nor ISP Sometimes it also fails to load a webpage hanging untill a manual refresh is performed or untill I replug the ethernet cable Things I have tried - Update ethernet drivers - Try different speed amp duplex - Update windows to the latest - Disable windows firewall and smartscreen Has anyone encountered a similar issue Strange network issue (wired) Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Strange network issue (wired)

First, I would change the speed and duplex for Auto Negotiation since if you set Half Duplex this can cause packet collision which result in an unstable connection.

Try to boot your machine into Safe Mode with Networking as this can see if a third party application is causing issues. Also please run a full system scan with your Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes to ensure that you machine is free from malware as this can affect network performance - Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

To boot your machine into safe mode please follow this tutorial (OPTION THREE ONLY) - Safe Mode - Start Windows 8 in

Note
Please replace all references of 'Safe Mode' with 'Safe Mode with Networking'

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29342-strange-network-issue-wired.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I work in a small office, and we have a network already in place however we are opening a career center and the computers in there do not have wirless cards. There is an ethernet port in the room so I am wondering if I can just place a wired router in that room and connect all the computers to that or do I have to buy wireless cards since there is an exisiting network in place?

Thank you

A:Wired Router on Existing Network

Hi:The ethernet port/cable is connected to:
Modem or router.?
Do you need to share resources with pcs on the existing network ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-router-on-existing-network.898018/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have both, wire and wireless networks. My wireless is working just fine...but not my wired network. Don't ever recall ever setting the wired one up, cause i rarely ever used it...BUT, we all know that we should have one working in the event the wireless one has screwed up, and need to go to other sites. Any ideas, why it won't see the server, but the wireless would?

A:Solved: Wired network not seeing the server

What is wired into your router? If there are no wired connections to it from your server or any other devices they will never be able to access it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-network-not-seeing-the-server.1033370/
Relevancy 46.87%

I need to grow my wired home network rooms have Cat cable from my Home Wired Network a Expanding router to wall jacks in various rooms I have a D-link wireless N router D- I think with ethernet ports the wireless feature of the router is used occassionally by guests with laptops or smart phones of the ports run Expanding a Wired Home Network to Windows XP desktop computers and one port to an Xbox live I have a broadband cable modem also going to Expanding a Wired Home Network the router and all ports have excellent connections to the internet I have wired Expanding a Wired Home Network more rooms with RJ outlets for possible desktop computers and one of the rooms with an extra RJ outlet for a networked printer At one time I wanted to put one of my desktops and an Xbox Live in the same room that only had one jack and I wanted them both to be able to connect at the same time I purchased a Linksys Cisco port Workgroup Switch Mod EZXS W Attached it to the ethernet port in the room via the Uplink port and plugged in the Computer and the Xbox and although they both worked they both didn t work at the same time The Linksys Switch is quot Compatible with half- and full-duplex mode support the Linksys EZXS W can work doubling the speed of normal half-duplex devices The Linksys EZXS W boasts five auto-sensing ports and Uplink port with NWAY technology to automatically detect the cabling type and speed and optimize transmission rates to match the needs of connected devices Advanced Store-and-Forward Packet Switching and Signal Regeneration features help maintain data accuracy and integrity even during heavy activity quot Now it looks like I have enough equipment to expand my home network by but I am confused as to how it should be hooked up and where the cable modem the wireless router with ports and the port switch are placed in the system and how they all get connected Also do I need anything else in terms of equipment or wireing to make it work Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all I have read multiple threads on this board in the process of trying to fix this problem and none have been able to resolve it Here wired network Frustrating problem is my issue and all the details Wireless works no problem on this laptop but for some reason wired doesn t this Frustrating wired network problem is my girlfriend s new laptop Here are the things I have checked and know to be working The cable is fine I have tried it on previous computers The router is fine I have swapped ports and every port works with my desktop computer but not with this laptop There are no known problems with the ethernet device according to the device manager the drivers are up to date it is enabled and still wont work when i disable wireless all together I have also tried uninstalling the card completely and reinstalling to no avail The lights on the ethernet port light up and flash as usual orange and green lights Windows troubleshooter doesn t help I m out of ideas on my end I have tried everything I can think of I don t believe the ethernet device is caput because just a few days ago my gf had no problem connecting to her parents network via cable Any help would be much appreciated The laptop is an Acer Aspire running Windows Professional -bit nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I am setting up a home network I have two computers With Network Printer Wired Problem in the same room They are wired I use Verizon DSL My modem is Westell and the router is Linksys The computer that is connected to my printer is a Compaq Presario and has Windows XP SP The Printer is an HP PSC The Printer and Presario is four years old The other computer that I am hooking to my net work is a Acer Wired Network Problem With Printer Aspire It is less than a year old It has Windows Vista They both con- nect good to the internet I can t get the Acer to work with the printer Are all Printer able to work on a network I have tried a lot of thing trying to get the printer going so far no luck One question the Add Printer Wizard ask is Enter the printer server and printer queue name Where Wired Network Problem With Printer do you get this info to do the configuration Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have been through every forum I can find trying to get this one last machine of mine on the web I can see all the network machines no - but Static Internet Network IP Wired, shared folders etc but can not get on the net It is an XP pro SP It has a wired connection to the same switch the other computers that work are wired to It has a static IP address with the same gateway and DNS as the other machines It also has a good IP address that is not being used by anyone else on the network HELP I m tearing my eyes out with a small salad fork ip sub gateway the DHCP router connected to the switch DNS When I go and loook at the properties of the connection it shows Network but no Internet - Wired, Static IP packets being sent and received but still no internet I can not Ping anything but itself I know it s something small but I am in utter confusion and dismay I have tried the quot netsh winsock reset quot trick I have tried the WinsockxpFix download and even tried a different NIC but to no avail Help I will be dead from confusion soon nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a network of 4 computers at home, all connected to a modem and router...I will soon be introducing another computer (a laptop) and obviously with the portability I would prefer (with its built in wifi) to be able to go online anywhere in the house with the laptop...however I'd rather not have to fork out for a wireless access point when only the laptop will make use of it...

I have an idea, and would like to know if it is possible; could I add a usb to wifi converter to one of my existing computers, and then set the laptop up to connect to that computer as the gateway (which in turn connects to the router as the gateway)...is anything like this possible? or even just an rj45 - wifi converter or something lol

thanks for reading folks!

A:I would like to add a wireless connection to my wired network...Help if possible!

Yes.

Windows XP comes with a bridging feature meaning you can "bridge" two network connections.

So you set up an ad hoc wireless network on one of your desktops and bridge the wireless connection with the wired one. Then you can join the ad hoc network with the laptop and you will efectively be a part of the wired network too.

A tutorial here: http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/windows-xp-bridge-setup.asp

PS
A cheap access point would still be a much better solution..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-would-like-to-add-a-wireless-connection-to-my-wired-network-help-if-possible.20192/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi TSFians,

Actually I am using win7 (64bit) with wired connection. So all of sudden it stopped recognizing the network and shows "Limited and no connectivity" I have tried the other wired connection as well but same error for all while on those connections other machines with the same built are working fine.

I have tried by replacing NIC driver and clearing winshok entries but all in vain. But when I reimaged one of the impacted laptop it is resolved so obviously it is not hardware or router fault.

Please if you have any suggestion I would appreciate your help.

Thank you!!

A:'Limited Or No Connectivity' with Wired Network

Have you tried using the laptop in the place of one of the other computers that is working normally ?? It could be as simple as a damaged cable!

I couldn't understand what you meant by

Quote:

But when I reimaged one of the impacted laptop it is resolved so obviously it is not hardware or router fault.

could you please explain.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/limited-or-no-connectivity-with-wired-network-1022650.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a cable modem>dlink wired router>GigaFast Ethernet ez800-s switch.I have 6 pc's connected. Surfing the net is all it is used for. Randomly when the pc's are turned on, one will say limited or no connectivity.Refreshing the IP does nothing. Turning off PC and and Modem>Router>switch and turning back on, connection works, but another pc on the system will not connect. I've tried a new router and a new switch to no avail. It all worked fine for 2 years untill 3 months ago. I can't figure out what happened since. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

A:Wired router network problem

Have you tried using fixed IP addresses for each of the PC's ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-router-network-problem.58318/
Relevancy 46.87%

I currently have a wired network in my home with 3 pcs in the house and two in the garage. I use direcway satellite as my isp version 4.10.
Is there a way I can hook up a wireless router with my wired network and have wireless available to those who visit my home with their laptops with wireless modems? And if so how do I do it. I have a wireless router but tried once to add it to my network but there was a conflict and I gave up. Excuse my ignorance on the subject but I am learning as time goes by.
Bob H

A:mixing wireless and wired network

bigbobh said:

I currently have a wired network in my home with 3 pcs in the house and two in the garage. I use direcway satellite as my isp version 4.10.
Is there a way I can hook up a wireless router with my wired network and have wireless available to those who visit my home with their laptops with wireless modems? And if so how do I do it. I have a wireless router but tried once to add it to my network but there was a conflict and I gave up. Excuse my ignorance on the subject but I am learning as time goes by.
Bob HClick to expand...

yes.

most wireless routers can be hardwired also.

i run the the laptop from the hardwired router/rj-45 cable to the wireless access point.

i have all systems acquire the ip address automatically in tcp/ip properties.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mixing-wireless-and-wired-network.372663/
Relevancy 46.87%

The complexity messiness of my office network is getting out of hand and I m planning to rip it out and start from scratch Configuring a wired office network I ve got about wired devices spread over rooms plus a couple on wifi Configuring a wired office network Internet is from a BT fibre and a BT business hub At the moment a single router port goes into a port gigabit switch which then runs off to other switches in different rooms I ve also got a couple of machines acting as Configuring a wired office network file servers I ve got an accounts department that has a lot of heavy traffic internally so I need to make sure that their internal traffic doesn t slow down the network as a whole But they still need to also access the same shared files as everyone else Also it would be great to support a guest wifi login that allows internet access but doesn t allow access to other devices on the network So to configure Should I run all wired devices back to a single port switch Or run to a separate switch for each room Should I use separate switches one for each pair of rooms each running into one the router s ports Would this allow greater concurrency How would I separate the accounts department s heavy traffic from the rest of the building s network traffic while still allowing file sharing Thanks nbsp

A:Configuring a wired office network

Do you have a closet or central location where you can locate all the IT equipment?

Personally, I would identify a closet/room to have house the IT equipment. Spend the money to have drops installed in the wall in the various rooms and then have all the cabling pulled back to this central closet/room and terminated into a patch panel. This would necessitate at a minimum a wall rack installed. At each location where you want a network drop installed, I would have at least two Ethernet jacks per drop.

I would use a single 48 port switch that has stacking capability. If you out grow the number of ports on the 48 port switch, you can add another switch to the 48 port you have now and have it act like one big switch.

Guest WiFi isn't a problem with a business class access point. I would look into products from Aerohive, Ubiquiti, Aruba Networks, or Meraki. These devices have a captive portal feature much like what you see in hotel settings.

As far as the account department's heavy traffic, what do you mean heavy traffic? What type of protocol/traffic are we talking about here? Your network doesn't appear to pose a large strain on any current switch. Other than isolating the accounting department for possible network usage, is there any other reason why you would want to isolate their equipment from the rest of the corporate network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-a-wired-office-network.1160758/
Relevancy 46.87%

So I had a very very very long post all ready to go because I lost my xp home network and could not get it set back up After over a week and hours after hours of pouring over Tech Guy posts and other internet sites trying anything and everything posted Wired/Wireless Network Home XP to get the network back to working order I finally found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow here http forums techguy org networking -windows-xp-home-my-network html Of the four things listed in Services Workstation Server XP Home Network Wired/Wireless TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser some of them were disabled and not started Once I made sure all four items were on Automatic and Started I had my network back and running So THANK YOU Tech Guys you are the first place I turn when I have a problem Second now I need help adding a laptop to the network or other suggestions Two Desktops both on wired network Have laptop I connect wirelessly to router for internet I attempted to XP Home Network Wired/Wireless add a wireless network to main Desktop using the setup wizard which has me use a USB drive to save settings but when i put the USB into laptop and let it run I loose internet connection I already had and it just says quot Acquiring Connection quot FOREVER Now the main thing I want to be able to do is access files on Desktop used as server and also be able to use printer which is plugged into Desktop from laptop my printer is not wireless I can ping D from laptop by name and IP but can only ping laptop from D by IP address not name don t know if that is important or not Any help on this all computers running XP Pro Svc Pack nbsp

A:XP Home Network Wired/Wireless

have a read here
TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial
http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net.asp

how to share a printer on XP network
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-network-wired-wireless.950744/
Relevancy 46.87%

Howdy all.

I'll start by describing my current setup..

Vista Home Premium computer w/ Linksys WRT54GL router (this computer is wired)
1 Vista Ultimate Wireless Laptop
1 Vista HP Wireless Laptop
1 Windows XP Pro Wireless Laptop
1 Vista Ult. / Win 7 Pro Wireless Desktop

I have a Windows XP Pro machine I'm trying to wire into the router. I know the NIC and ethernet chord are good as I tested them with ICS w/ my 7 machine -- connected fine.

When I plug the cable into my router, however, the following occurs:

"Acquiring Network Address . . . " for about two seconds
"Disconnected (w/ the red X)" for about two seconds
"Acquiring Network Address . . . " for about two seconds
"Disconnected (w/ the red X)" for about two seconds

..and on, and on without end. I'm just wondering what it is I'm doing wrong. I'm not a big networking guy, so any help would be appreciated.

A:Wired Network Connection Issue

Sounds like a driver issue. Check you device manager for NIC driver error. If no error, update driver. If all else fails, uninstall NIC driver and then reboot, this will install the original driver that came with the system. It could be a bad NIC card as well. Easy to check, pop out old one and put in a new one, driver should load automatically, then plug in cat5e cable.

Also, check for adware, malware, spyware, trojans, worms and virus's. These sometimes can effect your system in a bad way and cause conflicts with hardware and software. Start here first then do the above if issue is not resolved by cleaning the PC from bugs.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245638-wired-network-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have 2 computers connected by an ethernet wire to a router. I have tried to network them. I can see computer #1 along with all shared files from computer #2, but when I try to view files on computer #2 from #1, I can only see the name of the computer, but no files. I get the following message:

//Oldgateway is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found.
I have set the files to share and they all have the hand image on their icons. Both computers are Win XP, but one is Home and one is Pro.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Peg

A:Solved: Wired Network ...is not accessible

I resolved this one myself. It finally occurred to me this morning that while I had #1 computer's firewall set to allow file sharing, I hadn't done the same with #2. It is now working fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-network-is-not-accessible.526653/