Windows Support Forum

Make shared connection part of network

Q: Make shared connection part of network

I am networking illiterate and don't know if this is even possible. I tether my phone to my main computer then share the internet connection with a router. Is it possible to make the tethered computer and the computers on the router part of the SAME network?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Make shared connection part of network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Make shared connection part of network

Not really. you create TWO Internet connections using that cellphone and depending upon which connection is created first
(the router->ISP vs cell->Cell Carrier) the first one will dominate all traffic due to the use of the default route in the routing table in the pc. I would think that only the Cell phone usage would send traffic via the cell carrier.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/make-shared-connection-part-of-network.187438/
Relevancy 66.22%

nd topic on the forum Very handy Ok have a quot base quot laptop running windows xp pro sp It has an external TB hard drive connected to it as well as a of) (a network part Losing Solved: Stumped. connection. printer both are shared Was working Solved: Losing (a part of) network connection. Stumped. fine for the past week and a bit as far as printing from other laptops to that printer and accessing mapping the hard drive BUT over the past few days have been running into some issues The printer status on my laptop running Win says quot offline quot deleted the printer off my laptop and Solved: Losing (a part of) network connection. Stumped. tried accessing it again and can t even see it now and the mapped HD shows an X and says quot An error occurred while reconnecting to Microsoft Windows Network The local drive name is already in use This connection has been restored quot And when I click on Network on my Win laptop quot BaseLaptop quot doesn t show up anymore they are both on the same Home workgroup and I don t get what has changed or what has happened as far as I know nothing has been changed as it would have only been me changing things My own laptop doesn t even show up when I click Network on my laptop after a restart it sometimes does and after restarting both laptops I can sometimes access the shared external HD but when I tried later on it won t let me again Any idea what has gone on wrong anyone The base laptop is connected to router via cable and my laptop connects wirelessly I can still connect to base laptop from mine using VNC - and it works fine Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have having a random problem with my computer it's an Acer laptop in regards to sharing Hoc is Ad shared use when an internet being an Cant connection network internet connections I have never had a problem with creating or connecting to an Ad Hoc network when the internet connection Cant use an Ad Hoc network when an internet connection is being shared was being shared but after I had made an update to the graphics card and possibly another update was carried through at the same time i'm not entirely sure i haven't been able to do it I can't select the option to share the internet connection when i'm setting up the network like i have always been able to do and when i try to connect to a network which is sharing it's internet connection i get an error in regards to the adapter not working correctly but when a network from the same computer is made without an internet connection i can connect just fine and i don't understand what the problem is I don't know if this is relevant or not but i also bought a bluetooth usb stick so that i can use my wireless headphones with my laptop and it does have wireless networking options but i disabled them when i was trying to solve the problem My wireless adapter is an Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter

A:Cant use an Ad Hoc network when an internet connection is being shared

No replies?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223429-cant-use-ad-hoc-network-when-internet-connection-being-shared.html
Relevancy 64.93%

hey guys please i need an urgent help here i have a YES.shared network NO. connection URGENT:Wireless cable internet connection URGENT:Wireless network YES.shared connection NO. on my laptop working properly from a normal nc not wireless i need to share it on my desktop PC so i bought a USB Wireless NC TRENDnet and connected it to the wirless nc of the laptop acer aspire i succeced in connecting both wireless ncs to each other without router i shared the internet connection on my laptop but the PC still doesnt c it URGENT:Wireless network YES.shared connection NO. actually both computers cant c each other on the network i made the wirless network wizard i made the home or small office network wizar i disabled all firewalls blablabla but nothing worked IPCONFIG ALL LAPTOP Windows IP Configuration Host Name sniper Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - - - - URGENT:Wireless network YES.shared connection NO. -ED Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - - - - A-DE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway PPP adapter Internet City Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled IPCONFIG ALL PC Windows IP Configuration Host Name hak Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft TV Video Connection Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description g USB Wireless LAN Adapter Physical Address - -F -E -C -CB Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Can someone please help me? I need to know exactly what equipment is needed to connect an ISDN to an 8 computer peer-to peer network. I was told I just needed an ISDN modem connected to a one of the computers with proxy software. Then just connect all the computers including the one with the proxy software to a hub, and that's it. Everyone else should have access to the Internet from the computer with the proxy software. Can someone please tell me if that's right?
Someone else told me I needed a ISDN router connect to a hub. Then all the computers should have ISDN modems connect to them.
Can someone tell me which one is the right one? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

{Message from Reuel: I had to get rid of the ALL CAPS, so I could read it}
[This message has been edited by Reuel Miller (edited 08-07-2000).]

A:{Advice Offered} - ISDN connection shared with small network

I would go with the first option. Just remember you have to configure all your client machines with the gateway of the machine that is hooked into the ISDN modem and you should be fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-isdn-connection-shared-with-small-network.28977/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a wireless modem connected to my main desktop in a downstairs room of my house (where my Comcast internet connection is located). The wireless connectivity is fine throughout the house for the most part.

However, if I want to connect to a slingbox to my tv upstairs which requires a hard wired ethernet connection, what are my options?

I will have no permanent computer upstairs.

Can I configure an access point for this or will I have to look at one of Cicso Power type options for this type of needed connection?

A:Wireless router in part of house, but need a hardwired connection in another part

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-in-part-of-house-but-need-a-hardwired-connection-in-another-part.951659/
Relevancy 60.2%

How do I make short cut icons for L.A.N. and Wireless Network connection
in Windows 7 ?

I wish to put them on Windows 7 Desktop or send to Windows 7 Desktop like
you can with Windows XP.

Thanks..

A:Make shortcut for LAN and Wireless Network connection

open network and sharing center, then left side of screen select change adapter settings then right click on local area connection and select create shortcut.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/make-shortcut-for-lan-and-wireless-network-connection-636061.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi and thanks for looking Ive noticed on a few computers now that it takes quite a while for for these computers to make a internet / a take to while Computers make an connection network network internet connection approx a min after everything loads up including the AV After everything loads up the computers have no HD activity until a min later and it decides to make a connection Most other computers here make a connection right away I have these computers showing the network icon when connected and not connected in the taskbar notification area by the clock for personal prefference Some of the affected computers are or xp pro The s have a PCI NIC while the xp pros have an intergrated nic So that rules out any ideas with that i think Also with the affected OS difference it rules out the SP cnnection limit And any firewall ideas are kinda thrown out the window too b c s are affected So far i have only made the NIC mbps Full duplex and that didnt help I have tried to use the IE quot automatically detect network settings quot feature and that didnt seem to help should that really be enabled anyways in a DHCP workgroup enviroment I m not sure what else to try And yes i have tried different drivers and that didnt help Also note that some of the computers are nearly brand spanking new dells that came with sp with sp and installed SP The s where recently clean installed I also checked for virus s and spyware And it wasnt my AV b c i had the problem bfore the AV was installed Anyone got any suggestions Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Computers take a while to make an network / internet connection

Could be the detection rate on the switches. Are they manageable switches?Could be a spanning tree problem on the switch

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-take-a-while-to-make-an-network-internet-connection.368468/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am using Win I have an xbox connected to the pc via powerline adapters am sharing my video library and internet connection using internet connection sharing by bridging my lan and wifi connections When I am connected to my apartment s free wifi SSID Tenant Wifi the xbox can share the internet connection and access the videos and music on my pc just fine I am now trying to connect to a different wifi signal xfinitywifi When I connect the pc can use the internet through the xfinitywifi just fine but my loses connection to both the wifi and the pc in general No music no videos no netflix When I switch back to Tenant Wifi everything works normally again I have tried rebooting everything pc and powerline adapters I have tried going into the network settings and disabling the lan port wifi adapter and network bridge then re-enabling them again None of this works Any ideas Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me nbsp

A:Solved: Network bridge stops working when I make a different wifi connection?

using internet connection sharing by bridging my lan and wifi connections. Click to expand...

I thought that it was impossible to use ICS and bridge the connections at the same time. You must have found some special case that works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-bridge-stops-working-when-i-make-a-different-wifi-connection.1151765/
Relevancy 55.9%

I basically have a partition thats is now unallocated space due to me deleting the volume and I would like to make it part of my c drive again how do i go about doing this?

A:how do i make a partition part of my c drive again

Hello Bigboi,

It depends on where the unallocated space is to the right of the C: drive in Disk Management. You may be able to use Disk Management to extend the C: drive into the unallocated space.

Partition or Volume - Extend

If it will not let you do it in Disk Management, then you may need to use a 3rd party program like the free Partition Wizard to extend C: into the unallocated space instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/100913-how-do-i-make-partition-part-my-c-drive-again.html
Relevancy 55.9%

This isn't really a hardware question, but more of a editing one. I have a song that only plays only the guitar in one ear for a few seconds and I would like to make it play in both because it sounds irritating. I have tried doing this in audacity but it's just too difficult for me. When i try and just merge left and right it sounds terrible and muffled. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do something like this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555744/how-do-i-make-part-of-an-mp3-play-in-both-left-and-right/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Compaq S4120WM with Windows XP Home. I would like to be able to copy the restore information from the D Partition to a DVD so I can restore should I lose the drive. I can simply burn the info to the disk but how would I start the restore process?

A:want to make b/u of Compaq D part for restore

I usually prefer to make a Ghost image (Symantec Norton Ghost) and burn it to DVD or another HD whereby I can go back to the date of its creation. . Whenever I do a major installation or system modification, I do it again. Do frequent backups of data files, emails, etc. to a re-writable media or HD. The restore process needs boot from the Ghost system floppy/CD, but will do a complete overwrite. See if this suits your requirement.

I also seen live backup software which can do a complete and incremental backup of a live system. This has capability to do complete or selective restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-make-b-u-of-compaq-d-part-for-restore.505630/
Relevancy 55.04%

This problem I coudnt find at this Forum neither Google so that I wrote it here...

Im an ordinary user. By mistake ive created 2 unallocated partitions on a 3T HDD that I meant to be using only as a storage HDD.

I heard about the Partition Wizard Bootable CD so I booted with it to apply the changes that I want which is: To make those 2 unallocated spaces become one, format and end of story.

Then it says my HDD is on MBR mode so that I couldnt do anything, the right mouse at the option convert MBR to GPT isnt available.

On Windows at Disk Management/Storage, no options for converting MBR to GPT as well.

Whats the solution for this puzzle? Using some another software out there? which would u suggest?

A:How to make available converting MBR to GPT on Win7 or Part. Wizard?

1) Clean the HDD.
Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

2) OPEN Disk Management & set GPT.

3) Partition to suit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309082-how-make-available-converting-mbr-gpt-win7-part-wizard.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi first of all let me start by saying that this forum has helped many times in the past with tutorials usefull tips and tweaks and problem solving without the need of taking me out of lurker status but now after hitting google's th ACTIVE bootmgnr an + Can't make issues part page several times already to Can't make an ACTIVE part + bootmgnr issues find only loosely correlated solutions I've realized the urge for a more direct approach Quote tl dr How can I set one partition as active tried many methods and none worked so far the context I'm trying to recover data from a faulty HD using a linux live CD ubuntu rescue remix to image the data and try to retrieve it later on Here's where the problem starts apart from the usb from which I launched the live CD no other devices were showing lshw listed nothing except the usb itself After some Can't make an ACTIVE part + bootmgnr issues research I remembered that my MBR always gets Can't make an ACTIVE part + bootmgnr issues f up after a re-install - not entirely sure if it's when amd chipset sata updates microsoft msahci or after I move the user folders from my ssd to my hd symlinks I also recall something about sata ports creating some problems - having to use port for re install or something like that Anyway I began to try fixes for this issue when the problems with the MBR started to show it's ugly teeth again The thing is I can't launch windows repair from the install CD because it doesn't recognize the current OS It simply doesn't list it And I know I already had encountered this exact same issue and managed to repair it once I think that the sata port thingy goes in here not sure but also last time it bothered me I didn't have the time patience to search for this solution and simply formated my hd's and performed a clean install -- just so you know I have a really bad memory And not sure if this is another symptom or the cause but I also can't rebuild my MBR because - lauching startup repair win CD it goes straight to the command prompt There it simply doesn't find the devices HD's and thus I can't use bootrec bcdboot -it doesn't list win either -- e g assign a letter to where I think the MBR should be and invoke quot bcdboot c windows s b quot - in command prompt I can list the devices by using disk part but the commands also fail I'm pretty sure bootrec can't be invoked from inside win at least I couldn't launch it but bcdedit bootsect fail anyway assign a letter to the vol part where I think the MBR should be but I can't make any further changes since I always fail to make it ACTIVE -- e g diskpart - gt list vol - gt sel vol - gt list part - gt sel part - gt assign letter b - gt sel part - gt active fail as in the nd img and this is the angle I'm trying right now I'm asking how can I set this damned thing active Since I believe that once I manage to get it done I'll be able to rebuild the MBR using this method please correct me if I'm wrong in this approach I have already tried to follow this but it fails exactly because I can't set the partition as active some stuff that might be useful greyed out option in disk mgmt disk part transl quot the selected disk isn't a fixed MBR disk quot transl quot active command can only be used on fixed mbr disks quot bcdedit that I'm pretty sure is messed up btw besides the occasional need for maintenance or the odd thing such as this data recovering job there's absolutely nothing noticeably wrong with my system It boots fine secs from cold boot to desktop never hangs can't even recall last time I had one BSOD and it doesn't really bother me

A:Can't make an ACTIVE part + bootmgnr issues

Free download Magic Partition Manager Software, partition magic alternative, free partition magic, partition magic Windows 7 and server partition software - Partition Wizard Online

This tool couldn't find any drives in the same manner lshw for linux didn't.
I created an usb disk and booted from Partition Wizard to find out that the only devices it recognized/loaded were my dvd drive and the usb it was on.
edit:
this doesn't merit a new post, but I just found out that I've been using the pre-install win7 disk instead of the installation one (OEM win7 pro x64 Version). That explains why I've been going straight to the command prompt when booting from the dvd. Anyway, nothing new yet. OS isn't listed as usual, and list disk/vol/part returned no results (no disks found). And boot utils still fail because they can't find a path.
edit2:

summary

- problem:
-- MBR/bootmanager are definetely messed up (my best guess)

- symptoms:
-- can't list or find devices [hard disks] from linux live CD/similar
-- can't list or find devices [hard disks] nor the currently installed OS itself from Win7 repair disk

- thus:
- can't rebuild/repair the MBR

note worthy:
- within win7 the devices are shown and normal operations seem just fine but the tasks I need to perform are locked, not sure if by default or by fault.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/326657-cant-make-active-part-bootmgnr-issues.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm using mandatory profiles on an active directory, and I want the users local AppData (like IE history) to be part of their mandatory profile, instead of being on the machine. Is this possible, and if so, how?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/make-local-appdata-part-of-mandatory-profile.980248/
Relevancy 54.18%

I bought a new laptop and it has Windows 7 Home Premium on it. It comes with a 320 GB HDD and it has a hidden recovery disk on that hard drive. I am pretty happy with the idea of it but when it comes to the partition then I have some questions.

1 - ] I want to do partition on my 320 GB Hard Drive and create C Drive 160 GB and D Drive 160 GB.

2 - ] I do NOT want to loose hidden recovery part on this 320 GB Hard Drive while I am doing this.So I can save my computer with it if I need it later on.

Is there any way to do that ?

Thank you for your help...

Best Regards

A:Solved: How to make partition without losing Recovery part of the disk ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-make-partition-without-losing-recovery-part-of-the-disk.948963/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an Asus Eee PC WIN no inst media The touchpad stopped working a common problem on many Asus Eee PCs I learnt during an Asian trip so I had it repaired by a local shop However the repairman must have damaged the recovery partition in the process as recovery both in terms of recovery time to a system bootable? and to ISO part. covert Possible plain copy make points Possible to covert a plain system part. copy to ISO and make bootable? and factory state reinstall function stopped working I started to use a backup software EaseUS to make backup part images on a quot restore quot part and it worked well However during the last backup about ten days ago due to the terrible heat here I must erroneously have clicked quot backup partition - i e a plain partition files copy instead of partition clone alternative Few days ago I made a bad download which I could not get rid of so I wiped out the system partition and attemped to restore the system only to find that on the restore partition I had not a part clone but a plain WIN partition files copy so no restore was possible Is there any way to convert this copy of a working partition into ISO and make it bootable so that I can salvage the system

A:Possible to covert a plain system part. copy to ISO and make bootable?

Hi,

There is an easier, more reliable method, but its effectively a clean install:

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/248446-possible-covert-plain-system-part-copy-iso-make-bootable.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have set my logon screen to a custom picture and I would like to change my user account icon to show the part of the background it is covering.

Does anyone know how to do that easily without trial and error?

I can post a picture too, if it would help.

A:How do I make my user icon show part of the background picture?

Welcome to Seven Forums Caseablee. A picture would certainly help our GFX experts to answer your question.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/244626-how-do-i-make-my-user-icon-show-part-background-picture.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I actually have a printer hp 2600n and windows xp 64 bit.

I really regret to have XP 64 bit, worst version of Windows, nothing is compatible, I will install windows 7 or vista 64 in few weeks.

But at the moment I need to make a shared printer, so both, my sister and I can use the printer. Actualyl HP Printer 2600n isn't compatible with my windows version, so I installed it on my sister vista 64 bit laptop.

It's there a way to make it shared? We are both connected to the same router(both via cable).

Thanks!

Relevancy 53.75%

I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit. The PC is essentially used only by me. I'm admin of course. I do have a guest account that I recently activated for my spouse to use. The issue is over sharing files and folders. I have 'stuff' on my PC that I do not want anyone but me to access. I thought I had disabled all access to shared folders. But one folder remains accessible in the guest account. Its the RECENT ACTIVITIES. The target or path is C:\Users\guest\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\recent. Previous I had cleared the cache then removed permissions. But today I see the same files and folders are accessible. What can I do to ensure the guest account has no access to music, pictures and documents that are in my, adminis folder.

A:How to make shared folder private

Hello, and welcome to the Forums, i was looking here : Tutorial Index in the F's and found these 3 : File and Folder - Hide or Unhide - Windows 7 Forums , Encrypt or Decrypt a Folder or File , Folder Permissions
I hope one of those does what you want to do. Post back results please.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/293682-how-make-shared-folder-private.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Itunes could not connect to the itunes store The network connection timed out. make sure your network settings are correct and your connection is active

i had itunes runny perfectly since forever, tried to open in today and it gave me this error ! i dont get it, i didnt download any firewalls or anything to affect itunes in anyway.

btw i mentioned in my profile that im windows 7 by mistake, im actually vista here !

i really need help with this as im an iphone user.

looking forward to your quick response

thanks

A:Itunes could not connect to the itunes store The network connection timed out. make s

Have you updated to iTunes 10.5 yet?

Also under the Help tab in iTunes is a "Run Diagnostics" click that then press 'Ok'. Make sure that your iPhone is connected to your computer as well so iTunes can check the connection as well.

Click "Next >" as they come up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/itunes-could-not-connect-to-the-itunes-store-the-network-connection-timed-out-make-s-607997.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys,

I have two computers nearby that are connected to each other. Each one is accessible through ping command using the other's IP address. Now I want to create a folder inside one to be accessible from another one. What are the steps please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394957-how-make-folder-shared-between-two-connected-computers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have two computers One is an older desktop D I brought from work The other is a newer laptop L Both have XP Pro on them and both have a wired folder make on local visible shared Can't net connection to my Verizon FIOS router The problem I am having is that if I create a shared folder on L then I can see it on D but not vice versa D has a name that looks something like quot foo Can't make shared folder visible on local net bar com quot I have tried accessing its shared folder from L both as foo bar com folderName and as IPaddress folderName where IPaddress is the address I got from the ipconfig command on D Since this was my old office desktop I was logging into my corporate network when the computer was there When I moved it home I created a Can't make shared folder visible on local net local user with admin rights and ave been using this local account to log in Can this have something to do with my issue thanks much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-make-shared-folder-visible-on-local-net.971379/
Relevancy 53.32%

hello, is it possible to have a batch file make a shared folder?

A:batch file make a shared folder?

Welcome to TSG!

Shared as in Shared on the network, or just shared with other users on the same PC?
Both are possible.
MD - Make Directory
Cacls - set NTFS permissions
Net Share - create network share

For more info, type these commands:
MD /?
Cacls /?
Net Share /?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/batch-file-make-a-shared-folder.960553/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

My 5 win7 ultimate x64 pc will share their drive with each other completely. Without any restrictions (full read/write/modify access )

I do not want any PC asking for User Id and password when the access the shared drive.

What i know basically is i will be having same workgroup on each PC .
I will turn on Network Discovery and enable file and printer sharing.
Will turn off Password Protected Sharing radio button.
Now doing this what i need is,

1. what type of user accounts i need on my each pc? (every pc log in to with its own different user name and password)
2. In advance sharing tab,just using EVERYONE will solve my problem?(along with NTFS permissions)
3. Do i need guest account on ?
4.should i disable the user id and password for booting ?
5.Will creating homegroup instead of workgroup a better option ?

best wishes

A:Make Shared Folder Fully Accessible (unconditioned)

The way that you want it do would be more secure if each PC was in the homegroup. Without the homegroup you would also have to do 1 of 2 things. Add Everyone to the NTFS permissions and share permissions, or create each user account on the PC and give them NTFS permissions.

Unless you're on a domain then you can just add the domain accounts to the NTFS permissions.

With a homegroup all you need to do is add each PC to the homegroup Then set the access level.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274520-make-shared-folder-fully-accessible-unconditioned.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hi guys so I have this weird problem that is driving me nuts since some weeks here's the thing at work we have a corporate set up with Win Professional everything is setup on a quot domain quot we all have Dell computers and we can connect either via cable or via wireless pretty standard these days anyway if I connect via cable and login everything works perfectly access Cannot over Network on Network Corporate Drives Wireless Shared I can see the local network shares and no problems at all Problems start to arise on wireless Here's the crazy scenario - if I start PC on cable with wifi turned off via hardware switch then say I undock the PC for going to a meeting room AND I turn on the wifi everything works fine I can see the network drives all good it crunches for a few moments when I load explorer the Cannot access Network Shared Drives over Corporate Network on Wireless first time and then he quot finds quot the network drives - if I decide to go back to my station turn off wifi re-dock the PC back to cable everything works fine BUT - if say I am on cable undock the pc put on the wifi and THEN I restart the PC when the computer boots win it takes some time at boot then I cannot access the network drives anymore they have the red X and it says quot connection cannot be restored quot or something like that internet browsing always works fine and I DONT do any login on wireless I think because it's on a quot domain quot setup that is tested times in a row basically if I don't give him the cable at boot I cannot see the network drives and also when it cannot detect correctly the network drives if I restart the laptop it literally gets stuck and I have to force a reset on cable it restarts in like seconds I also noticed that when I am on cable if I go to quot network quot then I see some of my colleague's computers there BUT if I am on wifi when I cannot access the network drives then I see just myself this would make sense in a way things I already tried that didn't change a thing - enable files and printer sharing check - check client for Microsoft networks - TCP IP gt advanced gt NetBIOS quot enable NetBIOS over TCP IP quot from default that was before - flush DNS - restart winsocks with the net something command sorry cant remember the syntax nothing seems to make a difference to complicate things some of my colleagues with older dell computers don't have any issue at all in fact they are always on wifi for me it's a personal choice I like to be on cable when at the desk faster connection overall and when I go to meeting rooms I use the wireless obviously but it's very annoying that I have to remember quot not to restart quot if I am in meeting room otherwise I cannot see the network drives where we have work stuff sorry for the rant help highly appreciated thanks Gabrio

A:Cannot access Network Shared Drives over Corporate Network on Wireless

What is the make/model of Wireless Access Point(s)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308581-cannot-access-network-shared-drives-over-corporate-network-wireless.html
Relevancy 49.88%

How do I connect to a shared network drive I have setup on my Windows 2012 R2 standard server at home, from my Windows 10 pro laptop is at work?
Do I have to setup a vpn on windows 2012 server and connect to it from my laptop? Someone told me something about doing it that why, but I'm not sure?
Can someone please help me out.

A:How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?

Follow this tutorial and you will have a VPN setup on your server. It worked as advertised when I set my home server up.
Sysads Gazette Setup a Windows Server 2012 VPN - Page 2 of 3 - Sysads Gazette

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39659-how-connect-shared-network-drive-when-not-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I know this is weird but I hope to find some help.

My office is sharing space with another office. They are allowing us to get DSL feed from them for purposes of internet use "only" However, they have a network with available data ports in our space. I am thinking of just connecting my router to the data port that is available and then connect my desktop to the router. I will then use my laptop to wirelessly connect to my router. I will of course configure the router's security capabilities. I have not tried this since I have not bought the router cause I am not sure if it will work or if I should use another device for this purpose.

The bottom line is, how can I use their dat port for internet service without being a part of their network?

Please help!

Relevancy 49.45%

I was searching for a way to speed up my internet connection a few years ago and discovered something that really, really helped me out.

I started sharing it with my friends/family and eventually made a video about it.

You can check it out here. I hope it helps someone. Not everyone will benefit but some will, I hope!!!

here it is:

http://www.slowconnectionhelper.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-computer-and-internet-connection-part-2.892656/
Relevancy 49.02%

i've been having problems the aurora-part network ABI of with these quot Aurora quot pop-ups in my web browser for months and i can't get rid of them granted i'm not terribly good with computers anyway any help would be very much appreciated with this annoying problem thanks -rachel here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon aurora-part of the ABI network exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS aurora-part of the ABI network system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D iTunesHelper exe c windows system itrusk exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe D bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS Nail exe O - Hosts search netscape com sitefinder verisign com O - BHO Band Class - A- - C - EB -C B FF DA - C WINDOWS enhtb dll O - BHO Band Class - F D - - f -A - F AE C - C WINDOWS dsr dll O - BHO no name - BE- D - CEB-ADD -E A D - C Program Files CxtPls cxtpls dll file missing O - BHO no name - C C -F F- D - B - ACD AE - C WINDOWS Helper dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - AF C B-E - C -D - D ED C - no file O - BHO no name - BBF - EF-D B-C - ED A - C WINDOWS Ockpwtmc dll O - BHO SDWin Class - DB C A - E - FFA- E- AC B A - C WINDOWS System lvhno dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Search - A EE - F - B -ECF - D AC DD A - C WINDOWS Ockpwtmc dll O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run HKSERV EXE C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe O - HKLM Run Antivirus C WINDOWS av exe O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run winupdtl C WINDOWS System winupdtl exe O - HKLM Run lvhnoc C WINDOWS System lvhnoc exe O - HKLM Run S tV sqlsvpia exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot D iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run neckykl c windows system itrusk exe O - HKCU Run JavaUpdate C WINDOWS System hgor exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - D AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www sony com vaiopeople O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F E D - CB - A -AF -E E B D D NameServer thanks a lot

A:aurora-part of the ABI network

Hi raycheality

Please read through the instructions before you start (you may want to print this out).

Please set your system to show all files; please see here if you're unsure how to do this.

Please download and install AD-Aware se.
[urlhttp://russelltexas.com/malware/adawarese/adawarese.htm]Check Here on how setup and use it[/url] - please make sure you update it first. Don't run yet.

Download Pocket Killbox and unzip it; save it to your Desktop.

Please download SpyBot V1.4 http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2471.html Update the program then run it.

Please download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
Install it, and update the definitions to the newest files. Do NOT run a scan yet.

Please go to the following website
Please download Nailfix
Unzip it to the desktop but please do NOT run it yet.

Download APT
Open apt and search in the window for the C:\WINDOWS\system32\beyqve.exe r.
Open your C:\Windows\system32 folder and search for the bad file. Don't delete it yet, just leave the system32 folder open so you can see the bad file.
In apt again, Select the bad process and Click Kill3

Then immediately delete the bad file from your system32 folder. C:\WINDOWS\system32\beyqve.exe r.

Reboot into Safe Mode: Please see here if you are not sure how to do this.

Run Ewido full scan. Save the scan.log.

Clear out the files in the Prefetch folder. Go to start> run> type into the box Prefetch and delete all the files in that folder.<--XP only

Please double-click on Nailfix.cmd. Your desktop and icons will disappear and reappear, and a window should open and close very quickly --- this is normal.

Then please run Ewido, and run a full scan. Save the logfile from the scan.

Please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items:
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {02EE5B04-F144-47BB-83FB-A60BD91B74A9} - C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\SskBho.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\Userinit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [klbitjc] C:\WINDOWS\system32\beyqve.exe r
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/1822f4ef...p/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {7D40ADF2-AD68-4959-ACEC-DA96BF5E6EB7} (SpyBouncer.SBDownloader) - http://spywareremover.spybouncer.com/downloader.ocx
O18 - Filter: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: IPConfTSP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmbcatq.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ShellCompatibility - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mbxclu.dll (file missing)
Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.

Run Ad-aware se let remove all it finds

Using Windows Explorer, locate the following files/folders, and delete them:
C:\Program Files\CxtPls<--Delete this file
C:\WINDOWS\Helper100.dll<--Delete this file

Clean out temporary and TIF files. Go to Start > Run and type in the box: cleanmgr. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure all are checked and then press *ok* to remove:

Run killbox and click the radio button that says Delete a file on reboot. For each of the files you could not delete, paste them one at a time into the full path of file to delete box and click the red circle with a white cross in it.
The program will ask you if you want to reboot; say No each time until the last one has been pasted in whereupon you should answer Yes.
c:\windows\system32\itrusk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\dsr.dll
C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe
C:\WINDOWS\enhtb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\dsr.dll
C:\WINDOWS\Ockpwtmc.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\lvhno.dll
C:\WINDOWS\av.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\lvhnoc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\sqlsvpia... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/aurora-part-of-the-abi-network-67770.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok so this is my problem My PC is connected to the internet via a linksys wireless-g usb network adapter I have my xbox connected directly to my pc with an ethernet cable I want to share my pc's internet connection with my to use login to xbox live What I've been told to do is to go to control panel network connections find my wireless connection hit the advanced tab and check a box which says something like quot Allow other Shared connection computers Shared connection to access the internet through this computer quot That sounds great I've seen this done several times too My brother has the same set up at his house Here's the problem When I get to the advanced Shared connection tab in my wireless connection there is no box at all with a checkbox I have a firewall properties button which I've hit and turned on and off and everything else but no shared internet connection option What's wrong I've seen this option on numerous computers running windows xp Any help or suggestions or even questions would be great thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/shared-connection-342532.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there My last thread Vista Solved: PART 2 Wireless Connection Problems quot Vista Solved: Vista Wireless Connection Problems PART 2 Wireless Connection Solved: Vista Wireless Connection Problems PART 2 Problems quot was closed today but I d like to appeal that decision Perhaps I was unclear in my original post but the wireless network I m trying to access in my apartment has been designated for my use by the landlord as part of the lease agreement that is I m not just trying to poach another tenet s hard-earned internets The leasing company has a number of wifi networks set up in this building and they gave me the name and password to the one I m supposed to able to use when I moved in a few months ago Since then the connection has been flawless when plugged Solved: Vista Wireless Connection Problems PART 2 into the wall jack but I can t seem to get the wireless to work I thought perhaps someone could see if it s just an error on my end with regard to my computer s configurations If I need to do something with the router I ll need to contact the landlord whose office is downstairs I ve sent them a few emails about it over the past few months but they have yet to address the issue There doesn t seem to be anyone particularly computer literate working for their company so if I do need access to the router I d like to know what I should do with it instead of just pressing buttons Hopefully this clears things up and you ll be willing to reconsider answering my question As the wireless is meant to be included with the rent I d really like to start using it at some point and not have to buy additional devices if possible If you have any further questions please ask Or if this is still illegal somehow could you please explain why Thanks again nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I also have the aurora - part of the abi network popup ads here is my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Network the popups? of ABI Aurora-Part WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Aurora-Part of the ABI Network popups? Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe c windows system btcrueq exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings Bruce Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ott net index html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS Nail exe O - BHO Band Class - F D - - f -A - F AE C - C WINDOWS dsr dll O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run Dinst C WINDOWS dinst exe O - HKLM Run bwxbzsd c windows system btcrueq exe r O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe quot -quiet O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Yahoo Services - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Mess... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys Me again I m on site installing this network set-up initially posted here and I ve arrived at the secure office bit I now have 2)... (part Network questions installation a bit of a problem All routers I ve been supplied with are ADSL so there is no option to connect LAN to WAN to add a NAT layer Is there any way of enforcing something over a LAN to LAN link or if that s not an Network installation questions (part 2)... option can I put another router in the chain secure this down and daisy chain off of this Would putting a PC in the chain connected to Network installation questions (part 2)... the un-secure network and sharing this connection over CAT to a router s LAN work I know the real answer is Network installation questions (part 2)... to tell the tight bugger he needs to get a normal router for the office side I was just seeing if there are any interim solutions I could put in place with the limited hardware available Thanks as always for any help or advice you can offer Danny nbsp

A:Network installation questions (part 2)...

There are plenty of Ethernet equipped routers, you shouldn't have to settle for something that doesn't fit your requirements.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-installation-questions-part-2.919804/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have tried adaware pro bps spyware remover and xoftspy with no luck of removing this stupid Aurora pop up Here is my hijack this log file I used the HijackThis Analyzer program to get the quot new quot log Thank you for any help you can provide Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download abi aurora network (hijack - of this the log) part htm programs Security Programs Detected C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton aurora - part of the abi network (hijack this log) AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service NPFMntor - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe O - Service SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe O - Service ScriptBlocking Service SBService - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ exe O - Service Symantec Network Drivers Service SNDSrvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe O - Service Symantec SPBBCSvc SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe O - Service Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ehgedvm exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS Nail exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Band Class - F D - - f -A - F AE C - C WINDOWS dsr dll file missing O - BHO SearchToolbar - BEC AA- FC- - - B E C E - C WINDOWS System gzqum dll file missing O - Toolbar SearchToolbar - BEC AA- FC- - - B E C E - C WINDOWS System gzqum dll file missing O - HKLM Run Dinst C WINDOWS dinst exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run kswfezm C WINDOWS System flomvfy exe r O - HKLM Run aaxfumt C WINDOWS system gduwrr exe r O - HKLM Run dmtsw exe C WINDOWS system dmtsw exe O - Extra button Start spyware remover - BF DF - - F- - CD F - C Program Files WareOut WareOut exe file missing HKCU O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Start spyware remover - BF DF - - F- - CD F - C Program Files WareOut WareOut exe file missing HKCU O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF B... Read more

A:aurora - part of the abi network (hijack this log)

You have an assortment of trojans and malware...let's see how much we can get on this first pass.

Please download Ewido Security Suite at http://www.ewido.net/en/download/.

1. Install Ewido Security Suite.
2. When installing, under 'Additional Options' uncheck:
* Install background guard
* Install scan via context menu
3. Launch Ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double click it.
4. The program will now open to the main screen.
5. When you run Ewido for the first time, you will get a warning 'Database could not be found!'. Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
6. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.
* On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
* Then click on Start Update.
7. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed. The status bar at the bottom will display 'Update successful'.
8. Exit Ewido. DO NOT scan yet.

If you are having problems with the updater, you can go to http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/ to update manually.

Download Nailfix Utility at http://www.noidea.us/easyfile/file.p...50711214630636 Save it to your desktop. Do NOT run it yet.

Download dsrfix.zip http://www.atribune.org/downloads/dsrfix.zip and save it to your desktop. Unzip the dsrfix.zip contents to your desktop. This will create a new folder on your desktop named dsrfix. Do NOT open that folder yet.

Download CleanUp! http://cleanup.stevengould.org/ (Alternate Link if main link don't work - http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/CleanUp.exe ) and install it. Don't run it yet.

Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode by hitting the F8 key repeatedly until a menu shows up (and choose Safe Mode from the list). In some systems, this may be the F5 key, so try that if F8 doesn't work.

Once in Safe Mode, double click on nailfix.exe.
Click 'Next' in the setup, then make sure 'Run Nailfix' is checked and click 'Finish'.
Your desktop and icons will disappear and reappear, and a window should open and close very quickly --- this is normal.

CleanUp! deletes EVERYTHING out of your temp/temporary folders, it does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any Temporary Folders, please make a backup of these before running CleanUp!. Run CleanUp! and click on the Options button. Uncheck 'Scan local drives for temporary files'. Also uncheck those two Newsgroup entries if you don't want to delete them. Click OK and then click on the CleanUp! button. Let it run. After it's done, choose Yes to logoff.

Now open Ewido and do a scan on your system.

* Click on scanner
* Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
* NOTE: During some scans with Ewido it is finding cases of false positives.
o You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
o If Ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
o Do NOT select 'Perform action on all infections'
o If you are unsure of any entry found, select none for now as the action.
* Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
* Click Save report.
* Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.

Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click 'Kill process' for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ehgedvm.exe

Uninstall the following via the Add/Remove Panel (Start->(Settings)->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs) if they exist:

WareOut

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe
O2 - BHO: Band Class - {0... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/aurora-part-of-the-abi-network-hijack-this-log-65147.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System of Network the ABI Another popups? Aurora-Part smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS System winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS Aurora-Part of the ABI Network popups? Another system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C program files support com client bin tgcmd exe C WINDOWS system zklrzvr exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System LVComS exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe H John Bentley Extra Special Files Programs iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS etb pokapoka exe C WINDOWS etb pokapoka exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exe C windows sp update exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files LogMeIn RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeIn exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System HPHipm exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe H John Bentley Extra Special Files Programs Limewire LimeWire exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe H John Bentley Extra Special Files Programs Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www excite com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www excite com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - no file F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS Nail exe N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings user Application Data Mozilla Profiles default q dxb slt prefs js O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

I can't get rid of these pop ups. It says Aurora-Part of the ABI Network on top of each one and does it almost anytime I do a search or change websites. I have and am currently cleaning my computer using your replies to a few other people, but this one is still around. I used the one that had the winint.dll problems with McAfee and it seemed to work as well as cleaning up numerous other problems. I feel a Donation is in order as I tried numerous other resources that did nothing, but detect the problem, but couldn't get rid of them. Thanks for that and any other help.

Relevancy 48.59%

I solved a problem which I would like some thoughts on The reason is because even though I solved the problem I don't understand why it printer shared Connection with worked because it Connection with shared printer was not supposed to work I have a wireless home network set up My desktop computer is my server which I have my printers installed Connection with shared printer on which I access with my laptop The problem was that while on my laptop I couldn't connect to my printers I could access my files but I couldn't print It was working fine up until a few days ago I don't know how many things I tried to get my laptop to connect to Connection with shared printer my printers but it just would not work So today I decided to get on my laptop and leave the home group and then join it again Thinking that by doing that and starting fresh it may work When I chose to leave the home group the pop up message warned me that if I did that I would no longer be able to access my files on the home group which I understood so I clicked on OK But before I joined again I wanted to see if I really could access my files To my surprise I could actually access them I was suppressed because this was not supposed to happen So I then decided to see if I could connect to my printer and I could My problem was solved But this was not supposed to happen since I did leave the home group So you think it that with all the things that I tried to be able to connect to my printer I inadvertently had joined twice Then by leaving I didn't exactly leave but instead removed the one I didn't need

A:Connection with shared printer

Sometimes trial and error has its own logic. Maybe the homegroup had some setting that was blocking your printer access. But it's tough to say with no indication of the current state of your network. They say "if it ain't broke don't fix it." So I guess a corollary would be "If you fixed it don't try to figure out how. Just use it."

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/312155-connection-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

We are using a single 2000 workstation to serve the internet connection of several pc's.
There were no problems until we migrated our server from netware to 2000 server. The server is only used file storage, and we don't want to use it as our internet gateway.
Since migrating, we are unable to get the workstations to dial the internet. We have repeatedly set up the internet connection for sharing but are having no luck. As a philistine to 2000, I could use some advice. Is it the server configuration, or have I overlooked something on the internet enabled workstation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-internet-connection.63974/
Relevancy 48.59%

Is there anyway to share my uncle's internet connection if I live about 40 miles away? Networking or VPN wise?

A:Question Shared Int Connection

No because you would have to already be connected to the internet to make the vpn connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-shared-int-connection.770965/
Relevancy 48.59%

We have a small computer running Vista Ultimate (not on SP2) with our printer connected to it via USB. I've shared that printer and the other two Vista Home Premium clients (on SP2) connect to it over our Dlink router via ethernet. Since the SP2 upgrade when trying to print from *anything* the connection from the Vista Home clients basically hangs. Any ideas on how to fix?

A:No Shared Printer Connection after SP2

Uninstall drivers for printer,make sure you have the newest version if not update it and reinstall driver again

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/234883-no-shared-printer-connection-after-sp2.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Can I connect my desktop computer to the internet with a USB 3G AirCard, then share that internet connection with other local computers/iPad via my wireless router/modem? I assume I will need to unplug the phone line from the router so it does not look for the DSL signal.

The reason for this is that I can get 6mbits speed over 3G and only 2mbits over DSL. Also, the 3G service is 60% cheaper than the DSL service

My desktop is a HP Quad Core with 4gbytes RAM.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there I ve got a pc and a netbook both windows xp I have connected them directly via Ethernet cable and i made up ip addresses for them shared internet and Lan connection example one on each computer And then on either computer i can ping them in the command prompt and it shows they are connected and it says so in the status of the network But alongside this on my Lan connection and shared internet host pc the netbook i have my wireless internet connection which i want to share with me pc But whenever i go to check the box share internet connection i Lan connection and shared internet get the error message quot An error occurred while internet connection setting was being enabled internet connection sharing cannot be enabled a lan connection is already configured with the ip address that is required for automatic ip addressing quot And if i try to set a manual ip adress for my wireless via the properties i no longer have an internet connection The router i Lan connection and shared internet have is netgear a sky one and it is very hard to use the ip doesnt seem to be able to change very easily and from a few attempts not at all i d be grateful for the person who could help me out with this problem thank you nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I share a Internet connection through a wireless LAN to a standalone computer that is connected to the internet via satelite(ugh). The standalone PC (host) I can get to the internet just fine. From my Laptop, I cannot get out to the Internet. I can however, ping the host from my Laptop. I know that my wireless card works fine because I had no trouble getting out at Starbucks the other day.

Other info: Host PC is operating on Win2000. Laptop on WinXPPro. Properties all look like they correct.

Very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all i am new to the cite and wanted to see if i could get some help I am connection Vista shared running vista Sp My problem is that i want to use my computer to brodcast my internet connection to my wirless router so it can be shared to my other computers for example my laptop my ps My internet connection is dial up I realize that it isn t recommended to share a dial up connect because it will be slow But this is all i have at the momint I Know this will work because i had it set up like this on my win xp desktop What i did was hook my ethernet cable into the modem port on my router so my xp was acting as a modem and there by brodcasting my internet connection to the router But we resentley baught a new desktop and its Vista shared connection not working as well as i had hoped Is there any way to make this work with my vista computer nbsp

A:Vista shared connection

Do you still have your old XP computer ? Just use the XP the way you had it before. Then connect your Vista to the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-shared-connection.988038/
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok So I m currently in the process of waiting for my broadband to become activated In the Shared problems.. Connection meantime I tried to make this little plan work and I ve tried and tried all afternoon and have got very strange results Here s the setup D-Link Wireless ADSL Router IP configured to Desktop connecting to dialup shared IP configured to Laptop connecting wirelessly to D-Link Keep changing settings Strangest thing it has worked twice But when I reboot the laptop Shared Connection problems.. it stops working First time it worked it automatically detected all settings and knew that the default gateway was I rebooted and it no longer worked it thought the default gateway was I then manually specificied the IP subnet gateway and it worked then I rebooted and it didn t I ve played around with all the router s settings disabling DHCP but then it re-enabled itself etc I m not the best networking guru but I really like things when Shared Connection problems.. I can get them to work and I get a little ticked when it doesn t work especially considered it had worked moments before and the only thing I d changed was reboot the laptop Could anyone please provide any suggestions Thank you very much nbsp

A:Shared Connection problems..

Maybe I was a little vague.. ^.^ When I mean "it worked", what I'm trying to get to happen here is for the laptop to access the shared dialup connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-connection-problems.548403/
Relevancy 48.16%

Today, my internet is really slow and I diagnose my connection using IE and it said "Windows did not detect any problems with your internet connection over HTP or HTTPS, but was not able to make a successful connection over FTP".

What could have cause this?

I already tried turning off my firewall but still the same.

I'm using Nortorn Antivirus and built in firewall

Windows XP Service Pack 3

and "Use passive FTP" (whatever that means) box is checked.

I don't know what my FTP client is.

Firefox and IE latest version

I use cable connection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-internet-connection-is-not-able-to-make-successful-connection-over-ftp-403954.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This computer belonged to a former coworker and was a part of our network at my office. I have XP Home and every time I try to add an icon to my desktop, it tells me that it is in a location that is not accessible. (D: drive...I don't have a D drive!!!)

I'm totally lost on network stuff and don't have any idea how to fix this!! ANy help is appreciated!!!

A:No longer part of network, but says my desktop is on D drive, which I don't have!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-longer-part-of-network-but-says-my-desktop-is-on-d-drive-which-i-dont-have.388014/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a PC running XP Pro SP3. I recently transplanted the master hard drive from a computer with a motherboard that died earlier this week. Now it is having serious network issues. Out of a workgroup of about 20 computers, all of which it was able to access without problems before, it now only sees three shared folders, and no one can access the shared folders on this computer over the network. I know it has network connectivity, because there is no problem using the internet on it.

I would appreciate any help.

Relevancy 48.16%

is ne1 having problems with this virus, and adware

can you help me

i found a nice website that had some info but im kinda lazy so i wana ezer way 2 fix it

go here if you are having this problem
http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showtopic=4730

A:Aurora- part of the abi network, virus a.k.a nail.exe

Not so sure this was the correct area for this post, but its here so here we go!

1: To any readers DO NOT EVER FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS MADE FOR SOMEONE ELSES LOG, REPLIES REGARDING MALWARE ARE CUSTOMIZED TO EACH PERSON AS THEY CAN AFFECT MACHINES IN DIFFERENT WAYS

Aurora/Nail.exe is a known Serious Malware Problem.
The best reccomendation is to post a HijackThis in our Security Center and let one of our well trained security analysts take a look at what should be done.

We are happy to help you out!
Skate_Punk_21

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/aurora-part-of-the-abi-network-virus-a-k-a-nail-exe-58757.html
Relevancy 48.16%

So in this thread I described an interesting situation where some quot random quot machine was able to attempt a connection to a Windows XP Home Edition SP system on UDP port which is behind a Belkin Wireless G router The router doesn t have any DMZs configured and no port forwarding is configured Today another machine with an IP from china tried part router question, Network deux to connect to the above system on UDP port Once again ZoneAlarm blocked the connection attempt There is nothing running on the system which is listening on port and chat software isn t used on this machine I m going Network router question, part deux to do a firmware upgrade on the router now If another connection is blocked by ZoneAlarm again I m swapping out the router The firewall in the router IS enabled and the firewall log shows some DoS blocks from a handful of unique IPs one of which is interestingly ONE address away from the IP assigned to the router That s the latest Peace nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Okay new issue new computer I network du part jour, Solved: deux was issues a desktop from work to enable me to work from home via a vpn connection Plus a vasco token which I had never heard of but seems pretty neat situation is thus dlink switch cable modem desktops setup wall gt cable modem gt port on the switch Solved: network du jour, part deux Main pc fires right up no isses Work pc has issues Main pc is xp home work is xp pro Ipconfig all shows hostname valishome primary dns suffix node type unknown ip routing enabled no wins proxy enabled no connections specific dns suffix description com c integrated fast ethernet controller physical address is present dhcp enabled Yes autoconfig enabled yes autoconfig ip addy subnet mask default gateway the thing is running sp don t have auth to d l anything except black ice for a Solved: network du jour, part deux firewall so have to deal with that as well I do not see the switch on there so I can t ping it There are a few differences between the working pc and the non-working pc namely in the subnet mask working is and the fact that it doesn t have the wins proxy enabled option nor the ip routing enabled Double click on the local area connection it states that it is connected and sending receiving dunno why it won t hit hte internet One strange thing is that the light is amber above the nic card but dunno is that is dell specific or not Obvoiusly if it is receiving data it s getting it from somewhere so I am assuming the nic works fine Any input appreciated have both machines in front of me so can answer any q pretty rapidly v nbsp

A:Solved: network du jour, part deux

one other thing, it is running symantec av. haven't disabled/removed it, again as this is a work pc.

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-du-jour-part-deux.466995/
Relevancy 48.16%

I had shared connection between my laptop with win 7 home prem x64 and desktop with vista home prem x64 until I changed from AVG antivirus to AVG Internet Security 2011 with firewall today for both. Previously Windows was the only firewall for both. I changed the software in the desktop first. At that time I could still accecss files in my desktop from my laptop. But the sharing from both sides stopped after I made the change in the laptop. Now I can't see one computer from the other. I remember that I had a tough time while configuring sharing between these two. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Shared connection between win7 & Vista

The problem is that "AVG Internet Security 2011" is blocking the shares with its firewall. You need to turn on sharing in the "AVG Internet Security 2011" firewall. -WS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127687-shared-connection-between-win7-vista.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I ask anyone with more in depth knowledge of network connections. I am investigating for a home owners association the likely hood of receiving a Virus from a Shared Connection to the internet when their is network connected as well?

More specifics: The home owners association would like to connect to internet via golf course clubhouse DSL service which has 3 or 4 computers on their network. The HOA wants to connect to internet with a new wireless router to make wireless service available within the clubhouse. The clubhouse has server, modem and old wired router in a utility closet.

If residents come into clubhouse and connect to internet with new wireless router, what is the risk level of passing a virus to the golf clubhouse system or visa-versa???

Appreciate a definitive answer. Thank you

Relevancy 48.16%

I cannot connect to a shared internet connection thru pc to pc.
My cousin and I usually share internet connection thru adhoc..and then one day my pc doesn't recognize it as an internet connection anymore. I mean., successfully connected thru adhoc but no internet connection.
I run the trouble shooter but I am not familiar with the other two problems..and other one it says that no valid IP is set??something like that.. on the Local Area Connection..
I dunno if it is the source of my problem.,,but please help me.
And I don't know what is the IP to set.

TNXX!!!

A:I cannot connect to a shared internet connection thru pc to pc

Hi, try restarting your cousins internet/modem, and then try again, if not check your cousins firewall settings and see if the firewall isn't preventing any connections from coming in.

Go to Start-->Control Panel--->Windows Firewall--->Set it to off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185822-i-cannot-connect-shared-internet-connection-thru-pc-pc.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Help, I am unable to use a shared vpn connection anymore through my xbox.

2 out of 3 adapters have no network access, however i can use the vpn on my main pc.
I am getting the ip 169... on one of my ethernet adapters.

I have tried winsock reset.new ethernet cable. checking tcp/ip protocols.
Please help.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

So i share internet connection with my laptop via setting "allow other network users connect through this computer's internet" from my main internet card

Problem is i live in block so i have alot of neighbours in my lan and i dont want to share this internet connection with them. Is there any way to setup password or something for this sharing internet connection?

A:Shared net connection, Password setup

Hi Nerfpl. Of course there is at least a way to protect your connection. To do that you must setup your router. Do you know how to do that? If not we will try to guide you trough the procedures to do that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125838-shared-net-connection-password-setup.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Yesterday I helped my mum order a laptop online and also a Netgear WGT Router Please Connection - First Time Using Advice Shared I have a Virgin Media Cable connection and I agreed to First Time Using Shared Connection - Advice Please help her use both First Time Using Shared Connection - Advice Please the internet and the laptop she has zero computing knowledge But I have a few questions as it is my first time using both a shared connection First Time Using Shared Connection - Advice Please and wireless Firstly I have Windows Vista Ultimate and her laptop has Vista Home Basic Will this be a problem when setting up the connection Secondly will she be able to see everything that I have on my computer or be able to see what I am downloading and vice-versa Can files be moved from one computer to another ie can I send her a music file from my computer via the wireless connection Take a look at the router here I plan on using my computer with a cable like I currently have RJ- Cable from modem to PC can this be done with the router Modem to router then RJ- from router to PC Also I have an Xbox in my room Can I plug that into one of the RJ- sockets on the router and use that online too I currently connect it straight to my modem but that required rebooting the modem and swapping out the cables which is an pain in the behind What other basic but interesting things can be done with a wireless lan connection that I can show my mum Obviously these things can t be too complicated because I need to explain them easily to her I thank you for your help and patience with what I expect are some pretty basic questions Give me a PC to build and I ll have you up and running within the hour but show me a broken internet connection and I haven t the faintest clue nbsp

A:First Time Using Shared Connection - Advice Please

Azmodeus said:

Firstly, I have Windows Vista Ultimate, and her laptop has Vista Home Basic. Will this be a problem when setting up the connection?Click to expand...

Nope, no issue at all.

Secondly, will she be able to see everything that I have on my computer, or be able to see what I am downloading (and vice-versa)?Click to expand...

Not unless you enable file/print sharing on your machine and allow her access.

Can files be moved from one computer to another (ie can I send her a music file from my computer) via the wireless connection?Click to expand...

Yep, if she has file/print sharing enabled, you can access her files.

Take a look at the router here. I plan on using my computer with a cable, like I currently have (RJ-45 Cable from modem to PC), can this be done with the router (Modem to router, then RJ-45 from router to PC)?Click to expand...

Yep, that's a very normal configuration. You want at least one wired connection to the router at least for configuration of the router anyway.

Also, I have an Xbox 360 in my room. Can I plug that into one of the RJ-45 sockets on the router and use that online too? I currently connect it straight to my modem, but that required rebooting the modem and swapping out the cables, which is an pain in the behind.Click to expand...

It's what a router is designed to do.

What other basic but interesting things can be done with a wireless 'lan' connection that I can show my mum? Obviously these things can't be too complicated, because I need to explain them easily to her Click to expand...

Well, she can carry the laptop around. I'm not sure what you're looking for here...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-time-using-shared-connection-advice-please.691511/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a wired Ethernet DSL router no wireless with only working Wii Internet and hub connection not shared - a single port but needed to connect both a PC and a Nintendo Wii to the internet I had a -port Ethernet hub knocking about so hooked up the PC and the Wii to the hub and then DSL router to hub all by Ethernet Everything worked fine and was able to connect to the internet from both PC and Wii without messing about in awkward places and swapping around cables I have no idea why but it suddenly stopped working nothing changed But on switching on one day I had no internet on the PC and on running the troubleshooter process it says Problem Found Local Area Connection doesn t have a valid IP configuration Systray Notification states Currently connected to Unidentified network Internet connection not working - shared hub and Wii - no network access This would sometimes resolve itself by rebooting but now that doesn't work I know there is no problem with the internet connection PC network card or the hub since the Wii is still able to connect to the internet via the hub and DSL router and if I connect the PC directly to Internet connection not working - shared hub and Wii the DSL router the internet connection is fine All this was working fine until recently

A:Internet connection not working - shared hub and Wii

You probably just need to reset the router to get those DHCP IP assignments working again. There should be a button on the router that you can depress and hold down for a few seconds when it's plugged in. If not just unplug the router for five minutes and plug everything back into it. You may need to do the same with the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/58368-internet-connection-not-working-shared-hub-wii.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I know very little about networking so I would appreciate a very novice-level response I have a fairly good computer running Windows with gig RAM I am sharing an internet connection with a friend in another room -- we live in a small apartment building with a shared with Problem connection internet wi-fi modem and router in the laundry room There is a wire connecting the Problem with shared internet connection router to a splitter switch in my friend s room and a long cable connecting my computer to the splitter His computer has no problem connecting to the internet but when I re-start my computer it does not usually connect Problem with shared internet connection to the internet The internet connections have to be unplugged from the splitter often several times before my internet works I had bought a new long cable to see if that might fix it -- it did not This has been going on for at least a year and seems to be getting worse How might I find out what the problem is and how to fix it Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Problem with shared internet connection

Please provide us with even a rudimentary schematic of your connections, don't leave anything out

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-shared-internet-connection.1145734/
Relevancy 48.16%

We have a peer to peer shared internet network setup. It is a mix of Win 98 and W2K. We have a studet lab setup for use it consists of about 12 PCS. There has ben some concern about a student downloading a virus and it spreading through network shares. None of the PCs have an e-mail account. Is it possible or likley for a virus to spread via network shares?

A:shared internet connection and security

Absolutely. You should make sure that all systems have a good AntiVirus package installed, and is kept up-to-date.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-internet-connection-and-security.97717/
Relevancy 48.16%

I read the various things recommended to do before I post but I don't understand them and I don't know whether Problem internet connection shared with or not they are safe I know very little about networking so I would appreciate a very novice-level response I have a fairly good computer running Windows with gig RAM I am sharing an internet connection with a friend in another room -- we live in a small apartment building with a wi-fi modem and router in the laundry room There is a wire connecting the router to a splitter switch in my friend's room and a long cable connecting my computer to the splitter His computer has Problem with shared internet connection no problem connecting to the internet but when I re-start my computer Problem with shared internet connection it does not usually connect to the internet The internet connections have to be unplugged from the splitter often several times before my internet works I had bought a new long cable to see if that might fix it -- it did not This has been going on for at least a year and seems to be getting worse How might I find out what the problem is and how to fix it Any help would be appreciated

A:Problem with shared internet connection

Welcome to the forum. You say a splitter what do you mean is it a switch, hub or other make and model number. How long is the total length of the cable from the router to your PC as there is s limit. Your answer is power line adapters which will give you direct access to the router

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/123601-problem-shared-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 48.16%

i know dont laugh!! But the only access to the net I have is a 56k v90 connection and this is shared between, sometimes 8 people.!
The main reason we use it is to log on to Yahoo and MSN Messenger, IRC and browse the net.
What I want to know is if there is any way to limit the bandwidth that programs like kazaa use!
At the moment I am running a Proxy server and a firewall so I can block the ports that Kazaa uses but this seems a bit harsh.
If there was a way to limit bandwith that would be great!

Cheers

A:Limiting bandwidth on a 56k shared connection!!

Kazaa has an option to limit bandwidth to a certain amount. So this should suffice for your needs, although there is no way of stopping it being changed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limiting-bandwidth-on-a-56k-shared-connection.4106/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Connection Limited Shared No Connectivty Or I have a virgin wireless modem Shared Connection Limited Or No Connectivty and im having problems trying to share my connection im using wireless on my laptop to connect Then using a ethernet cable running to my desktop pc i have limited or no connectivty on both my laptop and my desktop local area connection but the wireless is working the ip adress of my local area connections are LAPTOP Windows IP Configuration Host Name DANS-LAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - E- - -F -A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - -D -B -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DESKTOP Windows IP Configuration Host Name DANSPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway For some reason the internet gateway isnt showing up i try to set my own ip adress but theres still no connection any help nbsp

A:Shared Connection Limited Or No Connectivty

sounds like the virgin modem is a router - is it possible to connect the desktop directly to the router ?

If you take ICS Off - does the laptop work when connected to the router via wireless OK ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-connection-limited-or-no-connectivty.969235/
Relevancy 48.16%

The facts Host Computer Clean W pro installation from scratch No upgrade Quad Across Interet Help: ICS No Shared/Bridged Connection Core intel ghz with GB on an intel board Basic workhorse machine Windows is up to date and nothing else has been installed to the machine No changes to OS from defaults upon installation Device Manager shows all attached devices are working properly USB Wireless card ICS Help: No Interet Across Shared/Bridged Connection connects to the access point just fine ICS Help: No Interet Across Shared/Bridged Connection Posting to you now on it ICS is enabled on this adapter and shows as quot shared quot Ethernet adapter is auto-configured by ICS IP and SUBNET NOTE This adapter displays as quot Unidentified Network quot with or without cable connected Under Status Details NO gateway NO DNS servers Client Computer Same basic machine as above Everything updated and functional Ethernet adapter wired with standard ethernet cable to Host All this gear is modern and will not require hardline crossover Ethernet adapter is set to obtain IP DNS automatically Under Status Detail IP Address is DNS is working properly Ping successful without errors I disabled the firewalls No improvement Reset everything to defaults Tried a quot Bridged Connection quot same quot No Internet Access quot results What am I missing In the end everything works except no internet access across the two adapters in the Host machine and there should be ICS has always just worked quot out of the box quot for me I have been using it since XP in many configurations I am posting as a last resort before I scrap the board and search out a replacement and chalk this up to bad hardware or Windows hates me and I am doomed to a miserable existence in OS hell because I have held onto XP until its last damn breath Thanks for taking the time to read

A:ICS Help: No Interet Across Shared/Bridged Connection

From what you describe it seems like the host computer is setup properly, I would try setting the guest IP to static

Code:
If that does not work I would probably try setting the DNS server to google

Code:

I would also check your network cards

Verify that a network adapter is working correctly
Open Device Manager by Pressing the Windows Key + R to open Run and type or paste
Code:
devmgmt.msc
and then press Enter.Expand the Network Adapters section, right-click your adapter, and then click Properties.
Under Device status, check to see that the device is working properly.

I have the same setup as you When I first started using Windows 10 ICS seemed to be intermittent connection and instead of playing with it and trying to figure it out I made a Windows 7 Virtual Machine and gave it a physical network card ( I have 2 ) and a USB WiFi stick and used that for ICS. After months of testing With Windows 7 and XP I finally settled on Windows Vista to share the internet with ICS.

I now have a TP link router with 3 computers NATed behind it

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41795-ics-help-no-interet-across-shared-bridged-connection.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have cable modem and a linskys wireless router. although i have 3 computers hardwired to the router.... one day one of the computers would not connect to the internet... so i rebooted the modem and router, and then the problem shifted to the other computer, after trying again, I was able to get all 3 back online again. Well it has happened again... and after being unsuccessful with getting all 3 computers to connect I decided to purchase a new modem..... well that has not worked. Anyone heard of this? All computers are running windows 2000pro. And I am at a loss....

A:Shared internet connection not working

Sometimes one PC fails to connect, sometimes a different one? Happens randomly?

Sounds like a router problem. Why did you get a new modem?

You could try reset the router to factory settings (make sure you know any important settings first), and reconfigure it. Sometimes this seems to jolt them into behaving again.

If you are not using the wireless, disable it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-internet-connection-not-working.466091/
Relevancy 48.16%

OK, not sure if this is really the right place, if so sorry.

I have a PC connected to the internet which works perfectly fine when trying to connect to google.

But my laptop which receives shared internet wirelessly suddenly can not load google (or anything google based) in either Mozilla or IE.

This only started happening a few days ago so I'm fairly certain something is up with my laptop.

A virus/spyware search did reveal some things but even after removal the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Matt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/google-wont-load-on-shared-connection-180401.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a working shared internet connection using the Ethernet Card, but I want to change the connection to the wireless connection.
I can share and unshare the internet connection, but nowhere does it allow me to change the home networking connection to the wireless connection.
The home network connection is shaded and doesn't have any change options.

help,
frustrated to the point of anxiety...

A:Changing shared internet connection

Quote: Originally Posted by gmckay

I have a working shared internet connection using the Ethernet Card, but I want to change the connection to the wireless connection.
I can share and unshare the internet connection, but nowhere does it allow me to change the home networking connection to the wireless connection.
The home network connection is shaded and doesn't have any change options.

help,
frustrated to the point of anxiety...

We need a bunch more info. Share? with how many computers? what is the network setup? do you have a modem or router? etc

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99493-changing-shared-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 47.73%

This is kind of related to the previous question I asked a couple hours ago...

My Norton Anti Virus keeps saying I am connected to a "Shared Network"//

I only have 1 PC in this house... cable hooked up directly into the modem.

Every once in a while my Norton will say I am connected to a "Secured Network"//

Im totally lost.. I am new to Windows 7... but I dont want ANYONE, but me to have access to my PC (as I wouldnt want anyone in the world to just be able to stroll into my house).

What is going on here? Who can access my files? I dont want ANYONE to be able, but me (of course).

A:Shared Network...

If you're connected directly to your modem with no router involved there is no way anyone (other than a hacker, but that's what firewalls and antivirus are for) to access your PC other than via your desk.

Norton is just barking out nonsense, I wouldn't worry about it.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/75515-shared-network.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I did a search and found this thread forums techguy org showthread php t but am still pulling my hair on the seemingly simple task wired router Linksys BEFSR with pc s connected DHCP- all is good wireless router D-link DI- with pc card for laptop my recent reconfig ended up this way from JohnWill s comments Linksys DHCP with scope with users unchanged configured d-link with wired networked with Wireless II Laptop part network? laptop this way dhcp off LAN IP- with same subnet mask WAN settings are untouched and state dynamic ip address straight through cable from uplink port on linksys to LAN port on d-link wireless sometimes the laptop gets an IP from the wired router sometimes not If i switch users win xp sp a forget it - the new users get a private default IP now Wireless Laptop networked with wired network? part II as I type this the laptop Wireless Laptop networked with wired network? part II finally got an IP from the linky but this is Wireless Laptop networked with wired network? part II flaky and sometimes not on boot I also tried connecting LAN to LAN between the routers going nuts- please help filters firewall or crossover cable needed ps- wireless log shows DHCP Discover no response every so often nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

hello to all,i have done a search,but i am still baffled.
i share my pc with someone else, i can get on line when i am logged on but when i switch users there is nothing...how do i get everything done for them to go online??? i am scared of doing something wrong and spoil it for both users.
many thanks as i know this is basics for you experts.

A:shared user new beginner internet connection help

possible theiraccount is limited and the internet is not installed on their account check when you go onto their account and or go to start control panel user accounts and see if their acc is limited, if it is then change to administrator then add the account then try it then revert it back to limited

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-user-new-beginner-internet-connection-help.522798/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok, this is a long shot so don't rack your brains too hard over this.

I've got a wireless router on the second floor of the house. My bedroom has been moved to the basement. In the basement are two computers, a laptop and a desktop. There is no cat5 in the basement yet to get the desktop on the network.

My question is this, can I share the wireless connection of the laptop and run a short cable from the laptop to the desktop to share the internet connection?

Let me know, thanks in advance!

A:Laptop's wireless connection shared with a desktop.

I'd just spend 40 bucks on a wireless card for the desktop, but a crossover cable-ethernet to ethernet- and a network bridge on the laptop might work. I've never tried to 'piggyback' off a wireless connection, but I don't see why you couldn't.

That said, greater minds than mine may see why you couldn't...I'd hang around for more input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptops-wireless-connection-shared-with-a-desktop.586236/
Relevancy 47.3%

System specs: Linksys WRTG54 with WMPG54 network cards
2 comps + 1 laptop runs wireless and 1 comp is wired.

I suddenly started to get a slow connection during any downloading of items even on webpages. My router speed acutally drops from 54kps to 48kps which I have never seen. My signal strength spikes, My internet connection stays connected for 1 min then goess off for a while then comes back on. I powercycled everything and it works well for maybe 10 mins then symtomps reappear. I thought maybe someone was downloading/uploading but I MAC filtered to let my comp online only, still same problems.

A:Suddenly Slow shared wireless connection?

If you are using wireless, check for interferance from objects and other radio-emmiting devices. You can try force the speed to stay at 54g but that depends on your router's config. Check your antenna is secured on properly (it happens)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-slow-shared-wireless-connection.83065/
Relevancy 47.3%

My current set up is as follows I pay my neighbor a to share his internet connection He uses WEP I think this is because he has a nintendo or some such that does not support WPA There is a little bit of a language barrier I just put together a couple of machines and if when I need to connect them to the internet I just do it through the wireless cards in them and connect to his Linksys WRT G Router a Increase my shared security on internet connection What I would like to do is network my machines together so that I can share files between them and backup between them and all that good stuff I would Increase my security on a shared internet connection also like it if my neighbor could not share files with me Or even see what computers I have what folders are shared etc I am just a little paranoid as his network is definitely Increase my security on a shared internet connection the low-hanging fruit in my area Every other router in range is WPA or WPA protected so if someone were to try to hack into someone else's wifi it would be his What is the best way to protect my computers from my neighbor and potentially malicious hackers I have a WRT G V currently running Tomato firmware as well as a Microsoft MN- Router My place is small so wiring in my apartment is an option but maintaining security and wireless would be sweet for my smartphone and friends with laptops Also my neighbor understandably doesn't want to give me access to his router is there a way to check to see if he has any ports forwarded if I were going to access my computer from the Web Please forgive my ignorance and feel free to point me at any faqs or pre-existing threads I missed And thanks in advance

A:Increase my security on a shared internet connection

Use your WRT54G to connect to your neighbor's Internet connection, but you'd need to buy an Access Point that's capable of connecting as a client... But you'd need an access point. Here's my idea:

Your LAN [Wired/Wifi using WPA2/WPA] --> [LAN/Wifi]WRT54G[WAN]-->An Access Point(client mode)-->Your neighbor's Net.

This way you can "pretend" as if your neighbor's Network is an "ISP", and you are "firewalling" your self off his network...

zzz2496

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80909-increase-my-security-shared-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I support a network of PC s run Windows Pro current service pack and run XP Professional current service pack There is a Windows server they all access for networked applications One of the XP machines has a laser jet attached it is shared on the network and everyone prints to this printer Recently one of the XP machines began to loose it s connection to the shared printer There does not appear to be a pattern It is intermitent printer pro XP connection shared looses intermitently to Sometimes XP pro intermitently looses connection to shared printer rebooting this computer resolves the problem sometimes we have to delete the printer and re-add it I am suspecting the problem is because the XP with the problem cannot find the printer on the network I tried to assign the printer to a standard TCP IP port rather than using the XP pro intermitently looses connection to shared printer computer name printer name but that did not work To my knowledge no software was installed that keyed off this problem I ve tried several MS suggestions but to no avail The XP user with the printing problems never loses connection to the server Any insight you can provide will be appreciated Anne nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-intermitently-looses-connection-to-shared-printer.300311/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all Well what a great community there is here My problem I am sharing an internet connection with my housemate we both connect to a router and I have long suspected him of logging my internet activity somehow For years I have just left it to an idling suspicion but now that sniffing internet connection Shared - problem. one of my email accounts has been hijacked and I ve seen him visiting the Shared internet connection - sniffing problem. exact same websites that I do I feel extremely restricted when on the internet Of course I can t get him to admit anything since I have no evidence Even if there was evidence it s not like I can arrest him My question to anyone reading this is whether there exists any networking configuration that will allow the both of us to connect to the internet while keeping our PCs completely oblivious of each other - such that our PCs Shared internet connection - sniffing problem. can not communicate with each other at all locally but can still connect to the internet I have a wireless connection and he uses a wired WPA Shared internet connection - sniffing problem. encryption is enabled but I doubt that any sort of encryption is going to help since all that is simply between me and the router and the information is being compromised at the router Both he and I have complete access to the router settings and configuration Please no suggestions that I move out this is unfeasible Thanks to anyone that can help nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I got a $7 per month plan on a server and I have a problems with FTP connection. I am trying to upload a 20MB file with multiple folders and files in it and the connection is very choppy and I literally was not able to do that since yesterday.
Does anybody knows how this work? Do they just impose some kind of limit on the connection and there is no way to get around that? This is a major obstacle and can get frustrating etc...
Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-ftp-connection-to-shared-server-environment.1040521/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi apologies in advance I m not very computer literate Around a week ago my mutti noticed that whenever she searched via Google any link that she clicked on thereafter would be redirected to an advert a site she didn t want or general spam Typically she d find that a new window popped wireless internet shared over being connection? virus up or that if she hovered over an virus being shared over wireless internet connection? URL it looked discreditable e g google www sdhshee com I m sure you get the idea It s an old computer running Windows XP protected by avast anti-virus and Ad-Aware It is the computer attached to the router providing the other PCs in the household with a wireless internet connection I ran both and avast found numerous viruses Some of which avast classified as trojans Unfortunately I can t virus being shared over wireless internet connection? relay any names or logs As far as I know they were all quarantined and then removed without issue However the problem persisted I then downloaded and used Hitman Pro which found Aruleon and something else So sorry I can t be more specific Again Hitman Pro seemed to remove it without issue Whilst her computer was scanning she used mine She found that my computer was having the same problem although I d never encountered the problem Originally I assumed that she must ve picked the problem up from one of the websites she regularly visits but they re just on-line retail sites e g eBay Oasis Marks amp Spencer nothing I d consider dangerous But then I know very very little about computers Excuse my ignorance I m using Vista and am actively protected by avast and Ad-Aware although I also Spybot - Search amp Destroy SUPERAntiSpyware Professional and Trojan Remover if I m worried there s a problem I also ran Hitman Pro but it didn t find anything on my computer Google is no longer having the weird redirecting issue however I have had pop-ups which I m ordinarily completely free of There s also a new IE shortcut on the desktop which I haven t used I m worried there might still be a problem but none of my anti-virus software is picking it up Malwarebytes Anti-Malware isn t finding anything either but I am unable to update it I use IE Is there a way to check that I m free of the virus and is it possible that it s being transmitted via our household s wireless connection Update Ad-Aware is no longer working Whenever I start up my PC the update manager loads but nothing happens I can t open the anti-virus itself either it just freezes on the loading screen before it s even launched as a window

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348706/virus-being-shared-over-wireless-internet-connection/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all

I'm using an external mobile broadband modem to connect my PCs to internet. I share its connection with an adhoc network in a Windows 7 PC. IP addressing is set to DHCP and all other computers and devices can successfully connect to the adhoc network, and they have access to internet. The problem begins when a guest computer begins to heavily use the internet, like when starts to download a file. I see the "Windows has detected an IP address conflict" error on the host computer, and the mobile broadband connection stops and won't work until I disconnect and reconnect it.

Any ideas about what's happening and how to fix it?

A:Problems with a shared mobile broadband connection

No one encountered the same?
Is there a way to disable the conflict detection?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254887-problems-shared-mobile-broadband-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have had a Xp based network for years with no problems Remote desktop connection to a shared computer The same shared computer would have various 7 connection Windows computer loses (Shared) drives that were shared Windows 7 computer (Shared) loses connection and I could map network drives from it or remote desktop to it without issues I recently upgraded my office laptop to a newer computer and it is running windows Pro Upgraded the shared computer named Grunt with shared drives to windows at the same time Ever since changing my computers to Windows Windows 7 computer (Shared) loses connection I have a problem that Windows 7 computer (Shared) loses connection has been reoccurring The Grunt will disappear from the network the mapped drives will stop working in the middle of streaming or copying a file or and the remote desktop connection will disconnect Very frustrating All computers same workgroup Windows computers same homegroup Looked online and saw that other people have had similar issues for years Some fixes on the internet said to edit the registry HKLM system CurrentControlSet S etc Problem is I have no HKLM section in MY registry What can I do to fix this problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395773-windows-7-computer-shared-loses-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey hey,

My fiance and I are both connected to our speedstream 6520 via ethernet cables. I mainly use my connection to play World of Warcraft, she uses hers for work (inbound customer service). The issue we're having is that when I play WoW while she's working, it disrupts her systems connection to her work server (i guess that's what she's connected to) and she gives me hell for it.

Is there anything that can be done so that we can both use the internet connection without interfering with the others fun/work?

Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

In my office, I have a desktop PC, which is currently connected, wirelessly, to the internet. What I am attempting to do is share this PCs connection through a network cable to a router (a Linksys WRT54G, in case it matters), so I can use my other PCs that are sans-wireless-connection, or re-broadcast the signal using the router (it already has built in wireless). All PCs are running Windows XP.

I've tried bridging the wired and wireless connections (using the 'Bridge' option under network connections) on the 'main' PC (the one in my office), to no effect.

Any ideas??

Relevancy 47.3%

Iam, unable to open a shared doc from windows xp when i try i got error message as access denied contact the administrator

A:[SOLVED] shared network

Take Ownership of the folder

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-shared-network-652907.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm new to my small company (staff of four), and I'm looking for advice on how to install our first shared network. Here is our current network status:

5 operating computers (3 ethernet connected desktops and 2 wireless networked laptops)
No shared drives, printers etc. - company files are all over the place
We have email and web hosting through godaddy.com and our ISP is currently AT&T (BellSouth)
I'm basically looking for advice on 1.) best server value currently available 2.) most cost efficient means to back-up data (mirrored drives, external tape back-up) 3.) optimum methods to establish internet connections and email service and 4.) how do I set up the server to host our company's web site.

I maybe asking very elemental questions, but it's just that I have never done this before and want to make sure I don't screw up!

A:Installation of Shared Network

1) I would guess the server hardware is totally irrelevant for you. Even any old PC will do. As for the OS, you would have to pay money for Windows, but it is probably easier to set up. A free OS would be more reliable and wouldn't cost you anything, but the set up is not as straightforward.

2) That sort of depends on what, how much and how often you want to back up.

3) Explain

4) Since you are asking the question, it is probably better if you let someone else to do the hosting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-shared-network.91824/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi
I have my main pc in one room which I use on the internet with a Buffalo Wireless Modem/Router, connected to the PC using an Ethernet cable. I have an Epson D88 connected to the PC via USB. I also have a laptop which connected via the wireless network I have setup. I now want to be able to print from the laptop to the Epson via the network, when the pc is switched on. I have gone into Printers and accessed the printer and said to let it be shared and called it EPSON. When I go on the laptop I cannot see it. What do I have to do to see printer

Thanks

Stu

A:Shared Printer over Network

The firewall on the laptop may be blocking the communication to the printer. You must enable Printer and File sharing on both computers by running the "network setup wizard"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shared-printer-over-network.92040/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi

ok i have a home network set up on 2 pcs with win 7 64bit

i have set up shared drives on both pcs ,, i have set the permisions on the shared drives so that everyone can do whatever they want change files delete files ect

so i expect to be able from one pc to cut files and paste to the other but i cant ,,, i cant even copy from one pc to the other unless i do it from the pc that is going to have the file added

why is this

am i missing something

cheers

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello people, Win7 is running flawlessly except I have this one problem. When I go to install ANY anti-virus software it kills my ability to access the shared files and folders from my Win7 machine. I uninstall the AV and all is back to normal.

Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? Any advice would be 'preicated.

dot
dot
mezz,
dot
dot
stun,
slash
slash
dot
dot
DEAD!

A:Shared Folders Over The Network

Hello LVL50RR9,

Sounds more likely to be a firewall issue rather than an AV issue. are you trying to install an AV suite that contains a firewall?

If so you need to open the required ports on the W7 PC to allow file sharing.

I normally open ports 135 - 138 and 445 for win 7 - how you do this depends on the firewall involved

hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/3331-shared-folders-over-network.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Afternoon,

I am running two PC's on a network and I'm trying to move files from one PC to another via the hidden share. I've checked to make sure both machines are on the same domain, the hidden share is still there, and they are both running XP Pro. I type in windows explorer \\PCName\c$ and I get the message that I need to check my spelling. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this working. Thanks!!!!

Relevancy 47.3%

I have no CD rom on the computer I'm trying to install XP on (it's broken) just a floppy disk. It is hooked up to the LAN though, and I have a netboot disk and tftpd32 server set up which allowed me to successfully install the Linux distribution Ubuntu. I realize I'll have to remove the linux partition before installing XP, but how do I install XP over the network?

A:Installing XP via network shared CD

Start here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304314/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-xp-via-network-shared-cd.628031/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am looking for a calendar or scheduling program that can be accessed over the network by multiple work stations, or VPN. I don't want to have to go to exchange and spend that kind of money. I know Lotus Notes use to do that, is lotus still used and any good or does anyone have any suggestions.

A:A calendar that can be shared on the network

Have you considered Google calendar? If you don't like it, there are plenty of other free web-hosted calendars out there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-calendar-that-can-be-shared-on-the-network.760138/
Relevancy 47.3%

I need to share a calander for conference room Scheduling in our office We do NOT have Exchange but most of us use MS-OFFICE 2000 How can we share the calander??

A:Shared Calander on Network

Here is a cheap alternative to buying exchange.
http://www.officecalendar.com/

You could use the OpenSource version of Zimbra which is free but doesn't offer support. Probably has more features then you need though.
http://www.zimbra.com/community/downloads.html

You could even use Google Calendar.
http://calendar.google.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-calander-on-network.525729/