Windows Support Forum

Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Q: Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Dear all This is my first post in this forum My Dell studio XPS mt Bloomfield i no overclocking GIGs RAM has been working well for the last years I used it mainly for internet emails presentations database work and basic Standard and High Def video editing using AVIDEMUX and DIVX software In the last few weeks great deal of noise started to come out from the PC the noise occurred soon after opening an HD or an SD video file and continued until I close the file then the noise will Core high fan? or on i7-920 load: Hot faulty CPU gradually go down back to its idle state I opened the case and did a thorough cleaning with a house hold Dyson very carefully and a lot of dirt came out but no effect on the noise After some googling around one possible reason was excessive hard disk activity I had a look at the Resource Monitor and it did show high reading and writing activity coinciding with the noise Good I thought time had come for an upgrade so I went a head and installed a new SSD as my system drive and relegated my old hard disk for a storage purposes Unfortunately the noise persisted and it had become louder in the last few days I came across HardWare Monitor software and run it at idle state then at time of maximum noise Idle state Maximum noise I can see cores temp went up from - to - Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan? fan from to and fan from to Is my CPU going to die and what is meant by the Powers Package going up from w to w Is it the fault of processor or the fans or the heatsink Sorry for the long story but please advise me on what to do Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Whoops!
I think I have made a mess trying to paste the 2 HardWare Monitor data images. Could some one tell me on how to put an image in my post as I kept getting error message that my post was too long!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-core-i7-920-on-high-load-faulty-cpu-or-fan.188882/
Relevancy 27.52%

Intel is gearing up to release their next-generation Skylake processors as early as next week, but before they've been able to release any official information, a set of benchmarks detailing the flagship Skylake CPU's performance have leaked onto the web.

Read more

A:Intel 'Skylake' Core i7-6700K performance reportedly revealed

No surprises here. Keep Calm and Carry On... Strong dollar and no sensible impovements in IPC, that's gonna be even tougher year for PC manufacturers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-skylake-core-i7-6700k-performance-reportedly-revealed.217458/
Relevancy 23.65%

While the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X has been praised for its compact PCB and powerful closed-loop liquid cooling solution, many Fury X owners noticed that the pump block included with the card emits an annoying high-pitched whine, ruining what...

Read more

A:AMD revises Radeon R9 Fury X pump block to kill high-pitched whine

Kill every sound, AMD, but the whining will continue...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-revises-radeon-r9-fury-x-pump-block-to-kill-high-pitched-whine.216096/
Relevancy 23.65%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 24.94%

AMD is today launching the A10-7870K, a new, high-end desktop APU that provides minor spec bumps over the company's previous desktop APU flagship at a similarly competitive price point.

Read more

A:AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

The pricing is what kicks Intel in the nuts, which is great if you going for a low budget computer and don't mind not having a dedicated video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-the-a10-7870k-a-new-high-end-desktop-apu.213480/
Relevancy 24.08%

Many in the PC gaming world are turning their attention to AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 300 series launch and specifically, the R9 390X. According to the latest scuttlebutt, this card will ship with two different SKUs - an air-cooled version...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon R9 390X variant will come water-cooled with High Bandwidth Memory

Having to resort to water cooling just to be on par with nvidia what a joke
amd with their hot running primitive brute force gpus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-r9-390x-variant-will-come-water-cooled-with-high-bandwidth-memory.212772/
Relevancy 24.94%

Oculus VR on Friday revealed the recommended hardware specifications needed to deliver the best experience when using its upcoming virtual reality headset.

Read more

A:A high-end PC will be needed for the best Oculus Rift experience

I don't get it? It's supposed to be peripheral device. like an LCD screen, just with inbuilt mouse pointer. What does your PC specs got to do with performance, other than necessity to setup the resolution for inbuilt displays? What does it mean 'games and applications created for the Rift in-house'? Does it mean it will require custom games and applications, no support out of the box for existing games? If that's the case, their VR is gonna die faster than 3D. Please tell Me I'm mistaken?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-high-end-pc-will-be-needed-for-the-best-oculus-rift-experience.213137/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
the following are the specs of my computer:
Asus P8Z77-V- LX2 Motherboard
Intel i7-2600CPU @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM DDR3 668.5MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

I lag on almost every single game, including League of Legends, Maple Story, DotA 2. Most of these does not lag on my low-mid end laptop and I find it very annoying why has it been lagging on my PC. I thought it was a faulty graphics card back then when I had the ATI 6970M graphics card then I upgraded to the GTX 780Ti and it still lags.

I notice miracle happens when I was using my 6970M graphics card, whenever I uninstall and re install the driver of the graphics card at the "Manage my computer" program, the lag disables and I am able to play all games with no lag. However, after restarting, the lag resumes and I must repeat the same step to remove the lag. However, with my GTX 780Ti, it does not work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-pc-lag-while-gaming.213241/
Relevancy 27.09%

AMD is poised to make quite a comeback if a leaked slide proves accurate. The slide in question details AMD's Zen core APU and Greenland HBM memory-powered graphics and arrives courtesy of Fudzilla.

Read more

A:Is AMD's 16-core 'Zen' processor real? Leaked slide provides details on stout chip

This chip looks amazing, and is certainly enough for AMD to make a huge comeback. I really hope this is true.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-amds-16-core-zen-processor-real-leaked-slide-provides-details-on-stout-chip.211380/
Relevancy 23.65%

Leaked specifications from a pair of upcoming Intel Skylake processors have hit the web. If accurate, we could see Intel pumping out CPUs with high clock rates on par with the company's existing Devil's Canyon offering.

Read more

A:Leaked specs for upcoming Intel Skylake CPUs reveal high clock rates, 95W TDP and more

@shawn
I read that the performance jump between Broadwell and Skylake will be like what we saw with Prescott to Conroe. Do you believe this is possible with the unlocked Skylake-S parts? Have you heard this rumour?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-specs-for-upcoming-intel-skylake-cpus-reveal-high-clock-rates-95w-tdp-and-more.212186/
Relevancy 24.94%

So to clear out what my hardware is my core is an intel i LGA For a bit of background - A few months back I encountered this problem that my high temperature with too constantly Problem CPU fan started to malfunction Though a few hours later the fan started to work again I used a flashlight to look into the CPU and yeah it was spinning Both of Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high them at equal rates So onto the actual problem I few days ago I just got my PC fixed since my vid card malfunctioned Fearing it was overheating I downloaded speedfan and now constantly check my GPU temperature However what worries me now is that it constantly reads my CPU temperature to be around - Celsius The frightening thing is it s ALWAYS at that range Even when I just turn my computer on despite it being in air-conditioning the temp is always at that range I also asked the guy who fixed my PC and said that it was a problem but that C is standard for a PC that s been used for hours Since I m kind of lazy to screenshot upload I ll just type out what it reads in Speedfan CoreTemp and CPU Thermometer Speedfan GPU C System C CPU C AUX C SMIOVT - C HD C Core C CoreTemp Tj Max C Core C Min Max Core C Min Max Load varies from - CPU thermometer reads relatively the same with a - C range What the hell is up with my PC and what can I do to solve it nbsp

A:Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high

Hello, omni23414.
It could be a miscalculation on the part of the on-die sensors, or a horribly failing cooling system.
I've checked Google for that chip's average temps, and they aren't supposed to be that high.
My CPU isn't a multi-core, so it by default doesn't generate much heat, but it's overclocked enough to make a toast.

Try disabling any 'Quiet fan' features in your mobo's BIOS, and check the temps.
For how long have you had this problem? Only recently, or since Day 1 of the assembly?

Try taking off all the fans and checking them individually. Check whether any fan is malfunctioning. If none is, it could be a case of bad case airflow. Or miscalculated temps.

Still, give me some more details on which programs you mostly run, how much load they give the CPU. I'll abuse Google for more information on your case.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cpu-temperature-constantly-too-high.179473/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I ve been monitoring my computer s temperatures and I must admit I m not happy with what I ve seen After gaming my FX- has been reaching temperatures above the C max recommendation temperatures FX-8320 high Stock with that AMD has in place The highest I ve seen so far Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures is C which is just outrageously high I m running my FX- at completely stock speeds with the stock fan on a Gigabyte FXA-UD rev motherboard Now as of writing this thread I Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures have already ordered a Cooler Master Hyper EVO as my research suggest that this is a very capable fan for an FX- xxx series processor at stock speeds and maybe even a modest overclock as well I actually intended to get this cooler earlier in my system s life but I ve been lazy and frugal and figured that the stock fan would be fine for stock speeds I also figured my spacious Antec case with a ton of fans at max speed would ve been enough Anyway what shocked me is that when I built this system I kept a very close eye on temperatures during gaming and I never would exceed C under load and idled around C Now quite a while down the line the same cooler can hardly keep the processor below C under load but when the machine is idle I get really low temperatures so low it s at C at some points I ve included a screenshot of both these situations So frankly put what the hell is going on here My idle temperatures are better than ever but my load temperatures are worse than ever Could I have an inaccurate sensor on my processor As precautionary measure I already cleaned out all of the dust filters in my Antec quot Illusion quot case photo also included I also opened that puppy up and blew as much dust out as I could off of the components so it s not real dusty in there anymore The heatsink fan combo was properly secured so it doesn t seem to have become improperly seated over this time Despite this I haven t seen an improvement in temperatures Any assistance in figuring out what the deal is here would be greatly appreciated My specs are as follows AMD FX- GHz Vishera Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD rev G Skill Sniper GB DDR - RAM Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WindForce Western Digital Black TB SATA-III HDD Antec Illusion case Antec HCG W PSU Windows Ultimate SP x x mm Antec fans mm Antec fan nbsp

A:Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures

Have you cleaned the actual cpu cooler? If it has as much dust as your filter does, that could really affect the efficiency of the cooler. I have both a 8320 in a build and a 8350 and I use AIO water coolers such as Corsair H80 or H100.
The CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is a very good air cooler. Take your time mounting it and be sure to use quality thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stock-fx-8320-with-high-temperatures.202655/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey all Made an account here as it looks like you guys are the best about I ve searched google already for a solution but everyone else only seems to have a variance of about C or so and I have - C of temperature difference Does anyone have an idea as to why I built this PC years ago but recently moved it to a new case and have gamed on it multiple times since then and no issues However yesterday I was on Youtube and the system crashed It repeated that offence a few times all triggered by watching the hotter other cores 60C Core than #0 3 a video I ve since done a Prime blended test for mins and the temp results are in the screenshot attached but no errors or warnings were presented after I passed that Prime test I initially though this might ve been the Core #0 60C hotter than the other 3 cores GPU overheating but that s only new and it s fine anyway idling at C or so I currently have a Corsair C cooler and I did dissemble it and reassembled it but to no avail I d really appreciate any help Just as I m about to post this with only tabs open on Chrome and nothing else Core is at C and the other are around - C nbsp

A:Core #0 60°C hotter than the other 3 cores

Can you open up task manager and screenshot what the performance tab states after about a minute?

That will show us the CPU usage on a per-core basis and could help identify the cause.

Secondly, the corsair C50 cooler doesn't really ring a bell. Are you sure it isn't the H50?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-0-60%C2%B0c-hotter-than-the-other-3-cores.207720/
Relevancy 33.11%

I got a new laptop recently (this past Sunday) and ever since I turned it on I've had horrible issues with WiFi. It's tothe point where I'm ready to return it to the store and just go without a computer. Keep in mind I'm not very tech savvy, so I might not know what you're talking about.

It's very slow and won't stay connected to the internet. 4/5 times it doesn't load the web page I'm trying to load and after about 5 minutes after powering on it disconnects from my Wi-Fi and refuses to reconnect. The troubleshooter says it's a router issue but resetting the router doesn't do anything at all and no other device in the house is having any issues. I haven't downloaded ANYTHING to it yet. In addition, when it /does/ connect to my Wi-Fi, trying to open any web page brings me to a "you are not connected to the internet" notice.

I have no idea what to do. I need a computer for work but I'm so sick of having problems with them.

A:Brand new laptop; faulty wifi process?

Set up the laptop next to the router where the signal should be strongest. Are you sure that you are connecting to your own wi fi network and router? When you switch on the laptop it will search for in range networks and when you spot your own you are asked to give the password before you can use the internet for the first time. If that's not happening maybe its logging you on to a neighbouring unsecured network (no password set) where the signal is weak. If I click on the wireless icon bottom right in my taskbar it brings up a choice of available networks. My icon looks like a set of steps and so the icon shows how strong the signal is. Check that you are connecting to your own router and see how strong the signal is. You mention other devices that work OK but haven't given any details.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-laptop-faulty-wifi-process.207589/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I've got a problem. My GPU GTX780 GHz is making a buzzing / whining sound at very high fps and I mean 300+. I tried to google it but most buzzing seems to be made by PSU however PSU has nothing to do with fps. And I assume that the power consumption is roughly the same when playing Crysis 3 120 fps or Dead Space 2 400+ fps.
Yes I know I could use v-sync but sometime it causes noticeable input lag.

Is it normal? Safe for the GPU? Does it go away?

Thanks for info

A:GPU buzzing / whining at very high fps

What is you PSU make and model? When was the last time you cleaned your system out (physically powering down, opening the case and removing all the dust - especially on all the fans)? Do you monitor your internal temps when you game - if so what are they when you game? Have you overclocked anything?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-buzzing-whining-at-very-high-fps.207333/
Relevancy 24.94%

Now I know this question has been asked quite a few times but the results always vary and it appears really dependent on the hw So Recently I have been hearing an interrupted high pitched whistle from the case It is not too loud but interrupts when pitched High whistle PC coming from somewhere I need to ex read High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC something and concentrate It is not a singular long beep High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC but series of small beeps When I opened the case I tried to High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC listen where it goes from it does not appear to whistle from the electric source and CPU Graphics Net card Motherboard are too close to each other to properly determine I tried to listen with a straw but it always appears to emanate from someplace else when using this method I tried to dust everything firm the screws nothing helped The issue started about two or three weeks back I purchased the PC about a year ago and the user have not reported anything similar the last change was adding a new CPU fan about four months ago The Rig Mobo ASUS M N -AM SLV CPU AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPU Fan Coolermaster Hyper Evo Ram x GB PC AM Vga AMD Radeon FDD in apacer sln HDD seagate GB sln E C Cdrom DVDRW LG sln Advice very much appreciated nbsp

A:High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC

That noise could be either:

FAN
HDD
PSU

Is this system OC = overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-whistle-coming-somewhere-from-pc.206833/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello,

Nowadays most of the PCs have a multi-core CPU with a clock speed in GHZ. My question is about that clock speed and the cores.
For example consider a CPU which has a 2 actual cores and 2 virtual cores (e.g., Intel core i3) and the computer system properties shows the 3.0 GHz as clock cycle speed.

1- Does that (say) 3.0 GHz show the clock speed of each core (from that core i3 CPU so that totally speed will be 4*3.0 GHZ = 12.0 GHZ!?) or that 3.0 GHZ is the entire speed of all cores?

2- Do the virtual cores have the identical effect as the actual cores in performance!?

And as well as I have a question about ROM .
Do ROMs anymore exist in current new PCes?

Thanks.

A:Multi core CPUs

abbasi said:

Hello,

Nowadays most of the PCs have a multi-core CPU with a clock speed in GHZ. My question is about that clock speed and the cores.
For example consider a CPU which has a 2 actual cores and 2 virtual cores (e.g., Intel core i3) and the computer system properties shows the 3.0 GHz as clock cycle speed.

1- Does that (say) 3.0 GHz show the clock speed of each core (from that core i3 CPU so that totally speed will be 4*3.0 GHZ = 12.0 GHZ!?) or that 3.0 GHZ is the entire speed of all cores?

2- Do the virtual cores have the identical effect as the actual cores in performance!?

And as well as I have a question about ROM .
Do ROMs anymore exist in current new PCes?

Thanks.Click to expand...

Well yes each "Core" including virtual's (Normally the hyperthreaded ones famous on Intel CPU's now) will show up with the same clock speed base as the real cores. Windows specifically views a processor that contains 2 cores and 4 threads (IE an i3 on desktop for instance) as a quad core processor in the processor hardware area.

Do the virtual cores have the same effects as a physical core in performance? No, the virtual cores are not as good as a real core. So for instance having the same processor spec to spec wise with 4 cores versus one with 2 cores and 4 threads the 4 cores would win out in overall performance. Hyper threaded or virtual cores do help but they are not as good as the real deal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-core-cpus.205966/
Relevancy 18.92%

I used RV042 10/100 4-Port VPN Router. I've configured the dual WAN, and enable Load Balancing for faster internet. But if I accessedhttp://ipchicken.com/ my IP Address is always chaging? How can I setup the router sticking to just one IP address?

A:How to "Load Balance" without changing the IP?

Let me preface by saying....taking two circuits and using them at the same time, even with protocol management from the LB is most likely not worth the effort.

But for the sake of the argument, the first hurdle you have is that both circuits need to have static IPs. What type of connections are they?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-load-balance-without-changing-the-ip.205897/
Relevancy 21.93%

Laptop wont load bios or OS Interesting wont load Laptop bios OS or issue here When I press the power button the HD activity led light comes on for just a second I feel the HD spinning up and running the fan kicks in and runs then nothing No Laptop wont load bios or OS leds flahing just power led no beeps no screen and no bios I v discharged static build up battery out power button held down quot and tried both mains amp battery to no effect There were no precursors to this issue So I can deduce the laptop is unable to complete POST in pre bios despite the lack of beeps yet can supply power to fan amp HD Now the GPU is Laptop wont load bios or OS GForce m GS aware of the issues with the xxx series I v kept the air flow clean and use a laptop cooler Possible suspect though it never ran hot and all worked fine till I turned on a couple of Laptop wont load bios or OS days ago Now I understood that a failure of the xxx series usually presented a degraded screen lines etc rather than failing post I m backed up and use my second laptop so nothing urgent just a oportunity to learn I am interested in hearing from hardware geeks and their thoughts nbsp

A:Laptop wont load bios or OS

Seem to have been redirected here for some unknown reason !!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-load-bios-or-os.205327/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello guys,
I built myself a new PC and it is pretty loud so I am worried I didn't made a good seal between thermal paste and a CPU, I use a stock AMD cooler and the CPU is AMD Athlon X4 760K, no overclocking.
Max temperatures that my BIOS showed was I think 69C-71C.
Should I be worried and should I replace thermal paste or it's all OK?
Thanks in advance.

A:High temperatures on AMD CPU?

That seems a bit hot. AMD recommends that the 760K stay below 74C and you are approaching that point. I would recommend putting $35 into a Hyper 212 Evo. that will ensure cool temps on the cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-temperatures-on-amd-cpu.205049/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys
lately I changed my windows from 7 ultimate to another 7 ultimate
then my hell started ... my CPU Usages just jump high with out any reason ... when no program running it jump to 15% ... browser take more than it should take ... and if I open any online game it jump to 70-80% which should not happen I used to open all things I want at once and have near 20% cpu usages
I tryed every think closed back gorund programs and scan for virus or malwares I tried a lot of things but still nothing no change still high ...
how can I fix this ?!!!!

A:High CPU Usage

Hello, can you post your full system specifications? Also, are you sure this new Windows 7 copy is legitimate and not pirated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-cpu-usage.204817/
Relevancy 22.36%

Can anyone help me figure this out?

My new GTX 670 is regularly hitting 88%-99% load when running DirectX based games & benchmarks, causing it to quickly overheat and "emergency shutdown" my (64bit) Win7 PC after about 10 minutes.

But if I use OpenGL, the GPU load (via "GPU-Z") is closer to about 8% (but doesn't look as good.)

I discovered I can keep the load below 70% by setting games to "limit the refresh rate to 120MHz", but 70% is still WAAAAY too high.

Anyone have any idea why DirectX (v11) might be taxing my GPU so badly? Thx

A:70% GPU load under DirectX but 8% under OpenGL?

Because it's supposed to? Nothing is wrong with 70% if temperatures are okay, like 90*C range.
You can turn up fan speed or cap your framerate until temperatures are decent otherwise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/70-gpu-load-under-directx-but-8-under-opengl.204477/
Relevancy 27.95%

HI Will this processor fit a
Biostar TA970 Socket AM3+ 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard.Have now find out it dosent so disregard.

A:AMD phenom 9650 quad core processor 2.30ghz

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=623#cpu

You mean the Phenom 965BE 3.4ghz quad core? If so that's an AM3 cpu and it shows support for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-phenom-9650-quad-core-processor-2-30ghz.203920/
Relevancy 33.54%

A recent power outage has caused some of my hardware to function oddly...
My tv's hdmi ports seem to still work for say a ps3, but when hooking up to my gtx 760 I get "No Signal"?
I only have one hdmi port but several other dvi ports. My smaller monitor(plugged into dvi port 1) is functioning normally. It also seems the gpu is still functioning because I booted Dota 2 just fine with 60fps(vsync). Could this outage have fried the hdmi port? Should I be worried, should I return it or just buckle down with 2 dvi connectors? I was gonna test out hdmi to dvi cables to test my theory but am unsure what to do otherwise.

MSI TF/OC 760
TV:NS-39L240A13

A:Faulty HDMI port?

Did the pc->tv work before the outage and did the pc suffer immediate power off too?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-hdmi-port.203802/
Relevancy 27.95%

I m kind of obsessed with fps on Will cod intel on i3 3240 core ghosts? bottleneck 760, the gtx my games and on wow with vertical sync I get steady fps but sometimes it goes to and when goldshire is packed it goes to like when theres alot of people I ve ordered the Intel Core i - K GHz Ivybridge will games be much better with this upgrade I also got gb of ram azrock z extreme mobo corsair w power supply need to upgrade that too for overclocking right now im running cod ghosts well enough for it not to affect Will intel core i3 3240 bottleneck the gtx 760, on cod ghosts? my gameplay probably but I m aiming for constant fps so my pc beats ps and xbone I sold my ps graphics card is this one http www kfa com hof shtml I think it s best on the market massive card and seems like it has nice overclocking capabilities but I cant overclock because of my powersupply maybe my powersupply could be bottlenecking even without overclock I m having suspicious thoughts that my mobo is a bit disfunctional cuz when I swap ram slot and put gb stick of ram on A slot and the other one in B my pc wont start initial boot process overall im happy with my new system tbh Here is my system specs KFA GeForce GTX HOF MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card NPH DT KXZ ASRock Z Extreme Intel Z Socket DDR Motherboard Intel Core i - GHz Ivybridge Socket LGA Processor W - Retail Kingston HyperX Blu GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz Dual Channel Kit KHX C D B K GX Western Digital Caviar Blue TB SATA Gb s MB Cache WD EZEX - OEM Single Platter HDD Corsair Builder Series CX w Modular Plus Bronze Power Supply CP- -UK Corsair Carbide R Compact ATX Case - Black CC- -WW Cooler Master Hyper Evo CPU Cooler Antec Formula Nano Diamond Thermal Compound NVIDIA PROMOTION WATCHDOGS Special Edition PC Game - Email Download View your codes here DHL Worldwide Express VAT Order Total Thanks guys Chris I don t pay VaT where I live but since this is like one of the only sites that ship to where im from the shipping goes up so it s nearly same price as if I were to pay vat with no shipping Just seen a review on my psu someones complaining that it pulls back gpus or something AvoidFirstly not to complain about OCuk they ve already replaced my first unit no questions asked Currently on my second CX M soon to be third - and hopefully different PSU This particular model seems to suffer horrendously with coil whine under GPU loading Incredibly disappointed with Corsair quality control The unit buzzes when the machine is turned off and really ramps up to varying frequencies and amplitudes under gaming loads Avoid at all costs If like me your stuck with a size constraint of mm thro case restrictions then really do look elsewhere nbsp

A:Will intel core i3 3240 bottleneck the gtx 760, on cod ghosts?

Guys?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-intel-core-i3-3240-bottleneck-the-gtx-760-on-cod-ghosts.203728/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone I own the Acer Aspire G- and I ve had it for a little over two years now One 5552G-7641 Aspire with Temperatures Acer Extremely High of the main problems I have with it is its temperature Right now when all I have open Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641 is Firefox and iTunes the temperature according to Speedfan is as follows HD C Temp C GPU C Core C I have the rear of my laptop suspended about cm in the air by putting two bottle caps in the rear corners This is an attempt to promote better cooling When I play video games it overheats to the point that the laptop shuts off automatically I understand that the majority of overheating issues is not cleaning enough And indeed I have never cleaned my laptop before However opening the laptop or bringing it to a tech-guy is not really an option at the moment I have read on many forums that using compressed air is efficient but I have also read that it can be extremely dangerous on laptops because of water moisture Also they seem to only pertain to desktops With that said I am here to ask for advice as to what to do with this thing The only ventilation hole is on the left of the laptop and takes up about of the side If any additional information is needed I will gladly provide it Thank you nbsp

A:Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641

Speedfan is not accurate 95% of the time. Tell me the readings using Realtemp: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-high-temperatures-with-acer-aspire-5552g-7641.192887/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop which I have just discovered has a faulty battery, and although it is plugged into a power socket, won't start up. Any thoughts on how I can get around this?

A:Starting Dell laptop when battery faulty

Remove the battery...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starting-dell-laptop-when-battery-faulty.202880/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello , I made the mistake to turn off 1 of my cores .. I am with Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B980 2x2.40Ghz .. I misslicked something in msconfig ... God I don't know what I was doing there and now when I start my Task manager it shows only 1 core .. Please can you tell me how to turn my second core again .. Not from msconfig / boot / advanced options (this is only for the start of the windows)

A:I turned off my second core and I don't know how to turn in ON ..

Msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Uncheck Number of Processors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-turned-off-my-second-core-and-i-dont-know-how-to-turn-in-on.202586/
Relevancy 28.38%

I bought a new machine, basically to work with VM Workstation, but I'm wanting to know if there is more to this machine by tweaking it or should I just leave it as it is?

A:New Intel Core i7 4820k potential

I would leave it as is, there is no reason to have that much extra performance on the chip if your doing VM workstation stuff. You can overclock it if you want so long as you have a decent cooler attached, but I do not see a reason for you to do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-intel-core-i7-4820k-potential.199789/
Relevancy 22.79%

I was hoping I wouldn t have to post on the forum I hope I chose the right category to post it in for advice but after reading endless threads all over the net I am still left with a problem I can t seem to figure out Basically there are load won't 3 websites websites that I know of that won t load on my laptop at home Google com Facebook com and Amazon com I ve tried to disconnect my WiFi and turn my phone into a hotspot but they still won t load They all work on my phone both on 3 websites won't load the WiFi and the mobile network They also work on other PC s I use Firefox but I have tried Internet Explorer Chrome Safari and Opera and none of them can open these sites A few of the advices I ve read and tried are Replacing http with https Did nothing Flushing by 3 websites won't load opening a command box and writing flushdns I did it correctly and it did not work I have my computer set up with a login password the reason I post this is because I read somewhere that setting a login password might help This is how desperate I am I haven t done a System Restore because the dates offered aren t after this started to happen which is over a month ago I m from Iceland and for some reason google is does work I have a year old Acer with a Windows bit OS Is there anybody out there that has the slightest idea of what is causing this Many thanks in advance nbsp

A:3 websites won't load

Suspect your hosts file is contaminated
get a command prompt

cd \windows\system32\drivers\etc​
look for each domain name in the hosts (should not be present)
(If you see something like 127.0.0.1 ***.google.com, then you can't get to google.com). Here's the test sequence:

find /I "amazon" .\hosts
find /I "facebook" .\hosts
find /I "google" .\hosts​
Here's my content for each (notice while I have some hits, none are the basic domains (eg google.com, facebook.com and amazon.com are all missing. Entries shown stop advers from being displayed)

find /I "amazon" .\hosts
# [Amazon.com]
127.0.0.1 rcm.amazon.com
127.0.0.1 rcm-images.amazon.com
127.0.0.1 alexa-sitestats.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 springclick-ads.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 adtago.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 sync.cmedia.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 ecommstats.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 exitsplash.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 load.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 ncads.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 tracking.opencandy.com.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 viewerstats.docstoc.com.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 www.assoc-amazon.com
127.0.0.1 trk.cetrk.com #[s3-1.amazonaws.com]
127.0.0.1 ads.smowtion.com #[s3-1-w.amazonaws.com]
127.0.0.1 s.amazon-adsystem.com​
find /I "facebook" .\hosts
# [Facebook]
127.0.0.1 ads.ak.facebook.com
127.0.0.1 creative.ak.facebook.com
127.0.0.1 facebookinc.122.2o7.net
127.0.0.1 facebook.com.img335.tk
127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com.img335.tk
127.0.0.1 facebook-videos.de
127.0.0.1 www.facebook-videos.de
127.0.0.1 rrstryhf.facebook-videos.de​

find /I "google" .\hosts
# Entries with comments are all searchable via Google. #
127.0.0.1 google.tucows.com
127.0.0.1 mt34.mtree.com #[Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 refer.ccbill.com #[Tracking.Cookie][Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 www.toons-for-adult.com #[Google.Warning]
# [Google Inc]
127.0.0.1 domains.googlesyndication.com #[Parking Service]
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com #[Google AdWords]
127.0.0.1 video-stats.video.google.com
127.0.0.1 ssl.google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com #[Google Analytics]
127.0.0.1 4.afs.googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 partner.googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 www.googleadservices.com
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][209.85.128.0 - 209.85.255.255]
127.0.0.1 analytics-api-samples.googlecode.com #[Google Analytics social tracki
ng]
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][64.233.160.0 - 64.233.191.255]
127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net #[pagead-dclk.l.google.com]
127.0.0.1 tpc.googlesyndication.com
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][66.249.64.0 - 66.249.95.255]
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][72.14.192.0 - 72.14.255.255]
127.0.0.1 clickserve.us2.dartsearch.net #[www3.l.google.com]
127.0.0.1 googleads2.g.doubleclick.net
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][74.125.0.0 - 74.125.255.255]
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS6432][216.73.80.0 - 216.73.95.255]
127.0.0.1 blueadvertise.com #[Google.Diagnostic][2013-01-02]
127.0.0.1 click.atdmt.com #[McAfee.Cookie-Atdmt][Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 www.e-googles.com
127.0.0.1 www.adjuggler.com #[Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 gcounter.cn #[Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 1.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 2.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 3.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 4.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 5.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 www.bgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 bgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 www.fgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 fgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 google.dospop.com
127.0.0.1 www.google.dospop.com
127.0.0.1 google.panet.org
127.0.0.1 google123.web1000.com
127.0.0.1 google3.it
127.0.0.1 www.google3.it
127.0.0.1 www.google4.it
127.0.0.1 google4.it
127.0.0.1 googlebar.jps.ru
127.0.0.1 googlebawt.com
127.0.0.1 www.googlebawt.com
127.0.0.1 googled.it
127.0.0.1 www.googled.it
127.0.0.1 goo... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-websites-wont-load.201626/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

I reviewed the forum but could not find exactly what I was looking for. I am a computer user not a builder. I am considering a high end Mac
3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5
This is like $3.3k USD. Will I get as much out of this as say a high end alien ware desktop? I am a geezer and prefer the Mac for the all in one design and aesthetics. I usually keep my Mac's for about 5 years then get a new one. Given I'm not price sensitive and my concerns, will I get as good a gaming experience on this as I would a high end gaming PC?

Thanks

A:High-end Mac versus gaming PC

The higher resolution of the iMac will mean you definitely won't be able to max out all games. Also, there's not many games to start with - Steam is probably your best resource here.

I, along with anyone else here, cannot recommend an iMac for you, unless:
- You desperately need OSX.
- You need an All-in-one form factor for some unknown reason.

$3.3K is laughably-high, and more than enough to buy parts and pay someone to build it for you. For comparison, $800 parts (<$1000 including building fee) will demolish the above iMac in gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-mac-versus-gaming-pc.200069/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,
for the past 2-3 weeks I have been experiencing very high ping and lags pikes in every game that I play, my pc is virtually brand new and doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm 100% sure it is my internet connection, however I cannot pin point what is going wrong, I have IOP (internet over power) to my computer and I also have a wireless connection to my computer however I get the pinging problem with both of these. I have reset my modem multiple times, and I am on cable internet. After each reset I might only get 1-2 mins of good gameplay until the spikes start again, it is very frustrating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:High Ping and lag spikes in every game

Try one or the other, don't use both simultaneously. Powerline ethernet connections can be a beast of their own to troubleshoot dropped packets & lagg. Disabled the wireless, then try the wired connection for a while & see if issue persists. Then do the same, disable wired & try wireless & see if issue persists. IF the issue is still there, then I'd try to connect PC to the modem directly, this may require a really long ethernet cable, but doing so will allow us to test the PCs network card. IF the issue still persists after a direct connection to the modem, then I'd call the service provider and have them replace the modem - it may have a bad LAN port(s) that are causing the issues.

Post back. Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-and-lag-spikes-in-every-game.199179/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello all I made a post regarding the performance failing of one of my supply power affect hard performance? drive/computer Faulty hard drives The conclusion we came to has unfortunately not resolved my problem and I am beginning to think my Power Supply may be the culprit Faulty power supply affect hard drive/computer performance? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Before I go into details here is my current Hardware Q GHZ GIGABYTE EP -DS R GB PC mhz x gb x gb Nvidia GTX mb requires x pin power adapters Asus Xonar soundcard requires floppy power adapters Windows x Jeantech W PSU modular PSU PCI-E nodes and nodes for other devices gb HDD operating system tb HDD data tb HDD data tb HDD data - added recently ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My original problem in brief Upon accessing certain files in one of my TB drives I hear a distictive quot click lockup halt quot sound and then the entire system crashes first the drive will become inaccessible then windows explorer will crash followed by the mouse and eventually a BSOD after a minute ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I bought a new TB a month ago to replace what then I thought was a failing TB drive Since the problems have become quot random quot and happen across all four drives tb tb gb tb I am now considering my PSU the culprit Jeantech Absolute w It seems logical to me Sometimes while performing tasks which put stress on several HDD s at the same time my computer is quot choking quot running as fast smooth as it should but with sudden freezes with those HDD quot click - stop - restart quot sounds Booting into windows is failing from time to time freezes on the quot starting windows quot screen or DISK BOOT FAILURE Insert system disk The PSU is modular - could certain quot plugs quot in my PSU are faulty I haven t tested this extensively but in some cases when the computer is not starting up at all using different power ribbon cable combinations seems to help Also I had to remove my DVD drive completely when I first installed the new TB I bought and I don t think my computer will start at all with it plugged in anymore so my PSU MUST be having a hard time coping with all the components If it is of any relevance I use an Nvidia GTX which requires x PCI-E pin power connections hard drives power is supplied via THREE modular ribbon power cables - two HDD s share power from the same ribbon cable lastly worth noting I use an asus Xonar sound card requires floppy power connector several symptoms suggest the PSU any thoughts nbsp

A:Faulty power supply affect hard drive/computer performance?

a 1000Watt shouldn't have any problem coping with the components that you have, i would recommend that u borrow a power supply from a friend and try it out on your computer, maybe the power supply is old and is not supplying proper voltages on all the rails....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-power-supply-affect-hard-drive-computer-performance.160966/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello everyone I m using AMD FX- W with Gigabyte GA- A-DS I ve been using this CPU on the MB even on the F bios version even though the CPU is not officially supported only the W version and only from F a bios So here is noise high CPU VRM pitched or makes the problem I ran OCCT test and after about minutes or so there is a constant high pitched noise coming from somewhere around CPU area which lasts for around seconds then stops When that happens I can hear the CPU fan slowing down and temperatures decreasing which CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise would normally point to throttling the temps are very low so it s not that After seconds it just comes back to normal the test is still running and after a few minutes it happens again etc However the CPU usage frequency and voltage all stay unchanged I CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise ve checked in OCCT CPU-Z and AIDA at the same time and that is a bit confusing since I don t even know what s happening Could be some safety instructions from the mobo because of CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise the high TDP processor At some point I tried overclocking and I got to GHz with the stock voltage but I can t go any further even with the voltage bumped to V but that s not my primary concern even though it could be that I got a bad cpu example I just mentioned this because the problem could be related as there could be compatibility issues but the CPU is working fine while it shouldn t work at all considering the mobo manufacturers compatibility list I searched all over the internet and I haven t found anyone with the same problem as I m having I found that some people are complaining about coil whine and after searching more on that I can tell that this is not coil whine but more of a high pitched quot beep quot noise not that loud at all that is constantly heard for about seconds So if anyone has an idea what s going on I would be very thankful for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-or-vrm-makes-high-pitched-noise.198621/
Relevancy 28.81%

I've been dealing with this for a while now. Basically, when core #3 is turned on, my computer will run for a bit, then blue screen randomly. Usually pretty quick. I have been through many reinstalls, definitely not software. Tried cleaning, re-applying thermal paste. This is a 3 year old processor, and this has been going on for about 1 1/2 years. The only fix I have is in the bios, to turn the processor off. My mobo is the Asus m4a87td-usb 3, evga gtx 570 superclocked and so on. I've also noticed, I have never been able to overclock my processor or my graphics card even little without blue screening, if that helps. Even with the auto-tune. I have a case with plenty of large fans and air flow.

A:AMD 1090T 1 core not working

Are you running the most recent bios for your MOBO?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-1090t-1-core-not-working.198027/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

I have been looking to build a PC for about 2 months, First I was sure id want to build a full tower desktop but lately I have been interested in the idea of a mini PC,

I want to use it for gaming on ultra graphics ( BF4 and Elder scrolls online when it releases) and watching movies.

What Im most worried about is the temperatures, but ive read around and it seems it shouldn't really be an issue with a good case with proper fans and a good cooling GPU,

any recommendations on parts?

I have been looking on Thermaltake Armor A30 SECC case and im waiting for nvidias price cut in November kinda, else I will probably go with one of the new AMD cards,

A:Building a mini PC for high end gaming

What is your budget for the project? Helps to have a reference point of what you'd like to spend and max you can spend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-mini-pc-for-high-end-gaming.197010/
Relevancy 24.51%

I can disply my Apple MacBook Pro on my 64-inch TV screen. But the MB Pro has refresh only to 60 Hz. On the big screen this causes very noticeable flicker. What computer box or video card would I need to produce a disply on 64-inch at high enough refresh rate? (not sure what will be high enough). (Am using HDMI of course).

Thanks very much for any help!
btsyly

A:Vid Card with high enough refresh rate for 64-inch screen?

Something is wrong with your connections. 60Hz is plenty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vid-card-with-high-enough-refresh-rate-for-64-inch-screen.197646/
Relevancy 24.94%

http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/bf4-loves-high-speed-memory

This was posted by Corsair a couple of days ago. What does everyone think? Is this just an attempt to get people to upgrade to shinny corsair ram, or is this finally a reason for gamers to have good ram/ overclock our current sticks?

A:Battlefield 4 loves high-speed memory?

No way the average FPS increases by 20 just by adding faster RAM (1920x1200 ultra graph)... BF3 barely gains 3 FPS from high speed RAM. It is just bloated graphs and marketing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battlefield-4-loves-high-speed-memory.197380/
Relevancy 25.37%

About two days ago I was messing with my resolution in my computer whe I saw something wired that I never seen before and that was that there was some higher resolution than I change and high too Resolution can't it seen before so I set it as that Everything worked Resolution too high and can't change it fine intill I started to play swtor and when Resolution too high and can't change it I quit the game my computer screen whent blank and all it said was the resolution that my comp can hold I have a Nvidia GTX Ti I done everything I know that might solve my problem but nothing works I tried to run my computer on my onboard graphic card and it works fine and I can see everything The problem only happens when I tried to run it on my other graphic card I tried to run it on safe mode and change it through there but it still does not work I don t know if is because the graphic card is not getting enough power or something like that Can someone plese help me this problem is driving me crazy If anyone knows what to do please tell me that will really help me I have a Nvidia GTX Ti W power supply nbsp

A:Resolution too high and can't change it

First: Try changing resolution through Screen Resolution menu (Right-click on desktop)
Second: Try changing it through Nvidia Control Panel
Third: You monitor will have an auto-calibration function, accessible by the buttons under it, or any software provided by the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-too-high-and-cant-change-it.179944/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I recently posted a topic about upgrading my z socket mobo to and newer higher end board with way cfx sli support But now I am going to be selling my Msi z board and my intel k to a buddy at work and with the money I will be upgrading to the newer k or Haswell High Mobos end the k High end Haswell Mobos if High end Haswell Mobos it is released in time and if it is socket High end Haswell Mobos Now with that said I have around - budget on a new Z board with way cfx sli support I m only spending this much because with this setup I don t plan on upgrading to a new processor mobo for a couple of years Here are the motherboard I have been looking at MSI Z Xpower flagship board http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Asus Maximus VI Extreme http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Gigabyte GA-Z X-OC Force http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Gigabyte G Sniper LGA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Now as far as the boards go their all very similar the Asus Republic of Gamer boards seems to be a lot of peoples choice when it comes to Gaming Rigs but then MSI Xpower board seems to have the best On board audio and On board Lan Chipset which would be nice because three s will probably cover all the PCI Slots but the board has the highest price tag So out of my choices listed I m just wondering which board seems the best to go with when it comes to BIOS and high overclocking on both the CPU and three s in Triple CFX By the way this is a Gaming Pc Thanks a lot for opinion s and comments for which to go with nbsp

A:High end Haswell Mobos

The 4820K will be socket LGA 2011. It will not work for this build (Z87).

When looking at high end boards, you do not need to look at onboard audio and LAN since enthusiasts usually like to buy sounds cards and high end network cards. But the Xpower comes with a Killer networking card already, so that is out of the way. You may want a sound card though.

All the boards have their advantages, like the Xpower has a killer (brand) LAN card, the ASUS has great quality and features (like the OC panel), and the Gigabyte, well, I dont know xD.

Keep in mind though, the Xpower motherboard is an XL ATX. Make sure your case can handle it.

I would recommend the ASUS since I love ASUS boards and they have great quality, but the MSI one is also tempting, just make sure your case can fit it. It really comes down to color schemes since all have great features. The Gigabyte may be loud since it has chipset fans, so I would avoid them.

If you are doing a triple xfire configuration, I really think you should water cool them since they will really heat up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-haswell-mobos.195831/
Relevancy 27.95%

Help please, I want to upgrade a bit and looking to find out what, if any, processor I can replace the 1.86mhz with.

cheers

A:Medion Core 2 duo 6300 1.86mhz upgrade

What are your full system specs? What is your budget? Finally, what is the use of this pc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/medion-core-2-duo-6300-1-86mhz-upgrade.194237/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am looking to build my own PC as I can't afford 1,000+ to get someone to make one for me, I will be using it for gaming and communication and a little college work, I will probably be using Bullguard to protect it and OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office with a Win 7 64bit OS.

Bearing this in mind what would be the best Processor for the Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor and what would be the maximum Memory and Storage I could attach to it? ( I preferably want 8GB of Memory and 1tb of storage ) but I can be flexible.

A:What would be the best motherboard for a Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor?

The CPU you want is the i5 3570K. That runs on the socket LGA 1155. When you are on a budget, any mid range mobo will suit your needs. Use the savings from the mobo towards a better HDD or even an SSD. You will also need a GPU.

I would recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. As for RAM, 8GB is enough. As for the HDD, 1TB is great. I recommend the WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

Make sure you can get in a GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-the-best-motherboard-for-a-intel-core-i5-3-4-ghz-quad-core-bx80637i53570k-processor.195497/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm having a problem with my laptop, it seems to have a massive drop in performance. I have a AMD Athlon II M300 (2.0Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache) dual core processor. After noticing the lack of performance I checked my windows base score (crude I know) and the score has reduced from 5.7 to 2.9 (it's pretty much halved) The laptop struggles to do medium powered applications and I'm thinking one of the cores has went down (is this even possible?) I've tried using cpu checkers and the speed what comes back is 2.01 ghz, is this right for a dual core, I'm not really sure how it works. Also this test was done directly after a clean install of windows. Any help and advice would be appreciated, thanks. James

A:Dual core processor problem

Check your power profile settings in windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-processor-problem.195267/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi guys sorry for yet another thread like this but my specs are a tad bit lower than the usual quot is X good for or overkill quot thread plus I barely got any stock knowledge or experience for this gen of cards games my current specs are Windows bit Intel Pentium Dual E ghz GB RAM GT GB Coolermaster Extreme Powerplus w Samsung inch x and I plan to either get a or however I just realized the might be overkill for my res already and besides my Dualcore might bottleneck it also and I d prefer on saving rather dual core? with fine already 1366x768 7750 and than getting the fastest I can especially since I also think I need a better processor So do you think this setup plus a to replace the enough for somewhat current games excluding the real machine hogs that aren t really that good like 1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core? Crysis like say Tomb Raider Far Cry or Skyrim will be good enough I don t really need to max these atleast get fps medium high no AA low 1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core? shadows on any of those because this can t even do that nbsp

A:1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core?

The CPU will bottleneck the GPU either way. You wont be able to play C3 on high settings, maybe not even medium. C3 is one of the most demanding games out right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1366x768-already-fine-with-7750-and-dual-core.195527/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello, I need a list of mobo that is compatible with my said processor.

and I ask if where can I buy it on Las Vegas, Thank you so much.

A:Mobo for Core 2 Duo E7500

Newegg
TigerDirect
Amazon
eBay
I can't give you a list. It would be easier to simply look up the specs on the motherboard you are interested in. This day and age, the list is rather limited. If your OS is an OEM copy of Windows, you could be de-activating your copy with a different motherboard. If you possibly can, it is best to get the exact same motherboard.

As for shopping locally in Las Vegas, it might be better to ask someone locally. Members here are located all around the globe, and may not know anything about Las Vegas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-for-core-2-duo-e7500.195216/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all I m a D designer and have recently experienced a few BSODs whilst rendering the cause of which seems to be the USB drivers according to the minidumps However I have also started to notice that my CPU temps are I7 Celsius under hitting 2600K load over 90 going through the roof caught I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load my attention when it hit degrees now it s hitting degrees under load - idle I have always aimed to keep the temps below I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load and have only really strayed slightly above this on particularly warm days so I m a little concerned that something may have I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load failed on my PC Setup details are i K professionally overclocked to GHz CPU fan seems to max at rpm shouldn t this go higher Asus P Z -V Mobo Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro mm Apache Black chassis fan x I ve had this PC for over years and never had this problem before I was inclined to think that the readings were inaccurate but both CoreTemp and the Asus monitoring software show the same temps I m going to lower the overclock in the meantime but would love some help figuring out why this may be occurring If you d like any further info please let me know Thanks in advance nbsp

A:I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load

Might be worth checking the CPU's thermal compound. The thermal bond between CPU and cooler may be weakening. If the fans blades are not clean, they will not spin as fast due to restriction of air flow across the surface of the blade.

cookiedude said:

CPU fan seems to max at 1250rpm shouldn't this go higher?Click to expand...

The Freezer 13 PRO in this review shows 1100 RPM @ idle and 1300 RPM @ full load.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i7-2600k-hitting-over-90-celsius-under-load.194109/
Relevancy 21.07%

weeks ago I had to email a ton of complaints to broadband supplier sky for giving my aweful speeds they finally answered and gave me great speeds for standard line mb Youtube 4/5 problem, Load/Buffer at minutes Video intervals Wont s Download However a week after I noticed that Youtube Videos will stop loading completely it happens frequently after or minute point sometimes shorter Youtube problem, Wont Load/Buffer Video at 4/5 minutes intervals or longer This is a real annoyance as I use the site for a lot of things my close friend said he had no such problems Virgin Broadband However my other close friend has been experiencing the same problem he is also with Sky Broadband This will happen on ALL Browsers that I have tried I will have no other problem with any other site other than Youtube Me and my friend only have one factor I could possibly think would affect us and that is Kaspersky workstation AV other my other friend on Virgin also has this I am more than willing to blame and complain once again to Sky but I have no actual proof so it s an empty threat for them Any of you care to enlighten Thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-problem-wont-load-buffer-video-at-4-5-minutes-intervals.194302/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi,can I overclock i5 3450 from 3.1 ghz to at least 3.2 ghz with using only the stock cpu cooler?
I am using gigabyte b75d3h
I know the following points:-
1.3450 is "non-K" hence cannot be efficiently OCed
2.b75 is not suitable for OCing
3.only 0.1ghz increase wont bring any major improvement

I am doing doing it only for fun!
Also if I successfully OC to 3.2 ghz then will it perform like a 3470?

Thanks in advance

A:Overclocking core i5 3450

Yes, that much of an overclock should not bring any major heat problems.

It's going to be a challenge without an unlocked chip, but you should be able to do it with. Happy overclocking :d

With the specs I've read on the two, besides the boost function it should perform on the same level.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-core-i5-3450.192780/
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently installed the hyper 212 evo on my core i7 3770k at stock frequency after some trouble. My temps after 25mins of prime 95 are 47 C from asus AI suite and core temp the temps are 63, 60, 67, 69. This is at full load during prime 95.

Is the cooler mounted correctly and are my temps good for overclocking?

The cooler fan rpm are 850-900.

A:Core i7-3770k temps high after installing Hyper 212 Evo?

What voltage are you using? Stock voltage is usually way too high, try undervolting as much as you can without getting BSODs and you should see temps drop. But at the moment they don't look too excessive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-3770k-temps-high-after-installing-hyper-212-evo.185345/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys quick Core or wait? i7-3930k + 680 GTX question regarding a computer revamp upgrade I have been on x BE Ghz no unlocking supported for my mobo and GB for a while and it just does not cut it anymore My system is rather bad so I need to upgrade ASAP My question is Shall I wait to see what Intel and NVIDIA will unveil in next few weeks months I can hold of buying until late May At this moment I am looking to go with Corsair Dominator Core i7-3930k + GTX 680 or wait? Platinums x Core i7-3930k + GTX 680 or wait? GB Mhz for looks and partly overclocking capabilities and also will get another sticks later down the line to take advantage of Quad Channel Asus SABERTOOTH X Socket i k to be overclocked EVGA GB So far I have Cosmos Samsung GB Pro - purchased and need pretty much the rest of the of the gear Obviously the built above does not include peripherals such as Screen and Keyboard and Studio mic It is primarily going to be used as Gaming Photoshop After Effects Sony Vegas Fraps Recording Illustrator and possibly C D focused workstation If the next shipment of new CPUs won t be much of a upgrade from the current I will get the k but if the performance is significant then obviously il TRY and hold it off So far I have only saved up for the Case SSD and Mobo RAM and CPU HDD since I had x TB and got lost during RMA and the other is failing Futureproofing Will socket be replaced any time soon or will it be less then - years before new socket arrives I know that downscaling the chip will require new MOBO but would I be able to upgrade in future for the socket let say - years maybe I am stretching it Thoughts Regards Karl nbsp

A:Core i7-3930k + GTX 680 or wait?

Well, rumors are that Intel will reveal Haswell-E (Sandy Bridge E successor) in Q4 13'. The rumor is that they will skip Ivy Bridge-E. If the Haswell-E rumor is true, then it will be a big upgrade over Sandy Bridge E, but if it is Ivy Bridge-E as expected, then it wont be much of an upgrade. I would say if you can hold off for now. I say this because if the reveal in the future is disappointing then you can get SB-E cheap. Not many new games are being released anytime soon (not that I know of), so your 460 is enough for now. It is solely your choice. nVidia wont release their 700 series until Q4 also. But regular Haswell (non E) will be unveiled in June. It offers a 7-12% improvement in performance over Ivy Bridge. If you arent gonna be doing hard core photoshop, like projects @ huge resolutions, then I would say go for the i7 4770K in the future. If you are a graphic designer (you do PS and Vegas for a living), then you will gain from the 3930K. The 3930K OCed to 4.5GHz tears through PS and After Effects. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-3930k-gtx-680-or-wait.190962/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everybody I have been having a huge problem this sound High-pitched PC from last month with my computer which I hope someone will be able to help High-pitched sound from PC me with The problem A high pitch squeak sound is coming from inside my PC It appears to be coming from my graphics card or somewhere above on the motherboard I am not a hardware geek at all so in all honestly I really do not know I am almost sure it is NOT coming from my fans or my PSU though it does sound like a voltage problem Here is a VIDEO I filmed of my PC making the annoying sound The facts The noises are random and not related to anything They will appear when I m doing nothing and they will appear when I m doing loads of stuff The noises last between - seconds The noises started occurring AFTER I installed my new SSD http ocz com consumer vertex- -sata- -ssd - I had never heard them before I cannot RMA it unfortunately After installing my new SSD I formatted my PC and installed Windows and that drive Note I am almost sure that the sounds are not coming from the SSD or HDD NO sounds during startup or in BIOS People can hear the sound through Skype EVEN WHEN MY MIC IS MUTED I find this very odd and I hope it might be something to help locate the problem Some days there are sounds all the time but I have tried going hours without sounds What I have tried already I have tried unplugging my secondary HDD I have tried disabling EIST mode in BIOS read it somewhere on a forum I have tried cleaning my PC of all dust I have tried to make sure that all cables are properly connected I have tried connecting the PC directly to a wall socket to see if it had anything to do with that My PC specs Intel Core i K GHz Gigabyte Z AP-D Motherboard GB Memory Kingston HyperX DDR NVIDIA GeForce GTX So that s the specifics of my problem I really hope someone will be able to help me with this Best regards Rasmus of Denmark nbsp

A:High-pitched sound from PC

It maybe somewhat related to the noises mentioned in this thread.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-psu-coil-whine-or-something-else.191221/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-sound-from-pc.191420/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi after a restart of my laptop Dell Inspiron high Sound definition problem/IDT the audio wasn t working I hovered in the tool bar and the sound was with a red X meaning problematic I clicked it and the window started searching for the problem which was Sound problem/IDT high definition IDT High Definition Audio Codec I continued by clicking the windows to solve it but it didn t and the problem remained In the msinfo -- gt Componets-- gt Problem Devices it says IDT High Definition Audio Codec error code I don t know what that means I downloaded a new driver but it was a rar file I extract it and they were some componets similar to IDT but I don t know what to do I clicked the setup but it didn t do anything or any other applicaton in that folder Please a little help as I can t seem to find any solution neither restarting solves the problem neither pressing again and again for windows to automatic solve the problem tech specs are windows ultimate b and laptop Dell Inspiron nbsp

A:Sound problem/IDT high definition

Does your PC have a Realtek audio controller? Go to device manager and collapse the Sound, video, and game controllers tab as shown in the link below (cant post an image from dropbox straight in). Tell me what is listed on it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7svnb31j7alwal/Dev-Mgr-View.JPG

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-idt-high-definition.191506/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey all, I would like to make my laptop a bit more powerful by adding a new processor (I've already upgraded my RAM). It's a Compaq Presario CQ62. Would anyone know whether an i5 or i7 would fit it?
Thanks in advance.

A:Intel Core i5/i7 processors in my Compaq laptop?

You cannot change a CPU in a laptop. You have to buy a completely new laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-i5-i7-processors-in-my-compaq-laptop.191426/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, is there any difference in performance between the above mentioned cpus at 3.4 ghz?

A:Core i5 3570 vs 3570k

There are two differences:

1. The i5-3570K is clocked 0.1 ghz higher than the i5-3570. This isn't a very large difference, isn't very important.

2. The BIG difference between the two is that the K version comes with an unlocked multiplier. This will allow you to overclock the processor to higher clock speeds (easily beyond 4 ghz) IF you have the correct type of motherboard (Z77) and an adequate CPU cooler. This allows for quite significant performance gains.

Are you planning a build or an upgrade to a system? If so, can you give some details so I can make a recommendation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-3570-vs-3570k.191275/
Relevancy 27.95%

Few Questions

My Cpu is an intel i5-3570k it should be 3.4 ghz and Maxes to 3.8

something in the bios seems to make my cpu take benefit in games and gets my cpu up to 4.1 ghz sometimes

I am using the Stock Cooler

Max temp ive seen atm is like 41Celcius

when will I be looking at problems which temeprature should be the stop point and which will be making my chip degrade

any help would be grateful

A:Core i5-3570k overclocked automatically? Do I need a custom cooler?

I bet you have an ASUS motherboard, they have preset OCs. 41C is fine, but I would recommend buying this cooler just to stay safe: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099&Tpk=hyper 212 evo&IsVirtualParent=1
It will extend the life of the CPU. Plus, disable turbo boost when OCing.
If you want to go beyond the 4.5GHz mark (look for safe OCs online first), buy this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018
Note: Sometimes heavily overclocked CPUs have a shortened life.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-3570k-overclocked-automatically-do-i-need-a-custom-cooler.191099/
Relevancy 25.37%

I don't really know why, or really what the names of these even mean but TMPIN3, AUXTIN, and TMPIN4 are noticeably high. And to be honest I've never even seen them on there before today. Should I be worried?

A:High temperature fluke?

Where are you seeing these temperatures and what do you mean by high?
Can you give us any more information (aside from none)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-temperature-fluke.190947/
Relevancy 28.81%

Basicly the core i5-3570k is running at 1600 when im just browsing the internet and I dont really like that so is the ram which si running at 680 mhz while it shoud be 1600 how to fix this I know that it goes to these figures just to save energy ect but I dont like it

A:I5-3570k core speed

Change your computer power options to 'High performance'. That will fix the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i5-3570k-core-speed.191059/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi guys after having a lot of research I have found that or this type of high end gpu will overkill high-end suggest with any GPU 7950 this Would you rig? or the for my demandsi don t want to waster my hard earned money but want Would you suggest the 7950 or any high-end GPU with this rig? performance and long run in other words futureproof I know nothing is futureproof in tech more than - years MY rigRO i MOBO gigabyte b d v Ram gb ddr PSU CM watt GPU HELP ME About me I am a casual and normal gamer Would you suggest the 7950 or any high-end GPU with this rig? MY RES something in inch led monitor I want to play games in normal settings if possible to run game in high so why should I will miss it I want to play games about - or years smoothly without upgrading my system MY fav games Sleeping dogs gta air assault will be stronghold mainly I play strategy and gta type games mainly not others genres much MY QUES as on my demand I need more powerful PRO than powerful gpu thats why I choose i Should I need more powerful PRO found on net that or same level card like it will fill up my demands easily is it TRUE if true or wrong tell me some name of cards what about where should I invest more What I want Run game for - yrs smoothly don t greedy about gaming experience correct me if I m wrong N B SORRY BAD ENGLISH MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl nbsp

A:Would you suggest the 7950 or any high-end GPU with this rig?

What's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-you-suggest-the-7950-or-any-high-end-gpu-with-this-rig.190906/
Relevancy 27.52%

I ve only had my PC for about a year now and it s been going slower by every passing month I ve never installed anything E218 Dual Pentium slower running Core than rated on my PC except games from Steam and Windows Update stuff and graphics card Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated drivers from the official AMD website My Intel Pentium Dual Core E GHz is now running at GHz I always keep my PC clean and virus Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated free yet for some reason the CPU has slowed down a lot and games that I used to play before are almost unplayable now A friend suggested that I might have to update my BIOS but he also said that up and it could ruin my PC forever and I ve got just as much PC experience as a turtle has speed I recently upgraded to Windows -bit from Windows XP -bit but my CPU still remains at GHz I ve never overclocked or fidgeted with anything on my PC I sometimes carefully hoover out the dust on my CPU but I already had this problem a while before I hoovered my CPU When I m on my desktop my CPU temperature is always at around C in-game it s around C so it s not overheating I hope you can help -Love Panda nbsp

A:Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated

Try changing your power settings. I would switch it to high performance mode. Now, what are you using to monitor your CPU ? Are you getting these figures while the computer is idle or doing simple tasks? It could just be down clocking itself because of speed step.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-e218-running-slower-than-rated.190364/
Relevancy 28.38%

I want to buy a new motherboard I already bought 8GB of DDR2 ram but im not sure if it will work on ASUS P5Q SE PLUS motherboard I think this has the speed of 667Mhz can anyone please give me some sugestions what motherboard I should buy that supports core2quad processors and that supports 16GB of ram! Cause I wanna upgrade it from time to time! Thanks in advance!

A:Motherboard for Core 2 processors and 16GB of RAM

Well, to answer you're first question, yes, that motherboard supports that type of RAM.

I cannot, however, understand why you would purchase DDR2 ram. You will not be able to find a whole lot of DDR2 compatible motherboards for sale, and even less core 2 processors. I highly recommend you return that RAM, and get current DDR3 RAM along with a current generation Motherboard and CPU.

Give us your budget, and what you will be using this PC for, an we will be able to help you choose the correct components to buy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-core-2-processors-and-16gb-of-ram.190119/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I am new here. My pc recently restarts playing some games which is strange to me. I did some internet research and found that it could be me psu or gpu.
My pc spec:
Intel core i7 870 (base clock)
Intel motherboard dh55pj
Sapphire hd 6870 igb
Transcend ram (4+2) gb
Samsung 500 gb hdd
Thermaltake smartpower 550 watt psu 80+ bronze

Also I borrowed a friends` 6850 gpu+ 450 watt psu to see if there is anu problem in my mobo or processor but it was just fine. But I gave my friend my gpu psu combo and he faced problems like mine after using them for 1 week.
So now I am certain that either my gpu or my psu has gone bad. but I cant know for sure which one.Any helps.....

A:Faulty GPU or PSU?

Does your friend have a 500W PSU so they can test your GPU with their PSU? If they can test just the GPU, it might answer your question.

Actually 500W has head room, a 450W PSU might be enough to test for a week or so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-gpu-or-psu.188680/
Relevancy 25.8%

I built myself a pretty nice HTPC lately. I...don't exactly know what to do with it now.

Currently, it sits there recording TV shows with a dual tuner. Sometimes I make it transcode the files to MP4 video.

Some ideas I had for the build:
- Even though it'll be wireless-only, it could stream to other devices.
- It has Intel HD4000 graphics, so I can hook up gamepad and play some chilled games on it I suppose.
- ???
- Profit.

So, what would you make a PC that sits under your TV do, if you had one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-htpc-what-do.189779/
Relevancy 28.81%

What is the speed of ram should I use for intel core i7 3930K, how much mhz

A:RAM for Intel Core i7-3930K

The real question is which RAM modules the motherboard supports. The question can not be answered simply by the processor specifications. It's the motherboard that dictates which memory modules can be used.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-for-intel-core-i7-3930k.189077/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, the 3450 costs around 20$ more than the 2400, then which one should I buy??
Thanks in advance

A:Core i5-2400 vs i5-3450

I haven't compared performances but they should be comparable in performance. They i5-3450 is a die shrink and would consume less power. There is also better integrated graphics compared to the i5-2400.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-2400-vs-i5-3450.188899/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi there!

Straight to the point:

Tablet specifications:
- Manta Tablet PowerTab 10" HD MID1001
- CPU - Cortex A-8 1.5GHz
- GPU - Mali-400
- 3D OPEN GL V2.0
- Ram 1GB
- Android ver. 4.0.4
- compile number - crane_axmid-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120803 test-keys
- kernel 3.0.8+ [email protected] #52

Problem:
- slow page load (if any!) - tested on default browser, chrome, opera, opera mini, etc etc
- no reaction for stopping loading pages

Thoughts:
- not a router problem (802.11n WPA2/AES)
- other android devices working well on that hotspot
- Google Play working well on tablet, no lags, no interference (same other online soft - skype etc)
- tried system restore, default settings, changing router settings

Techspot is my last hope. Help me!

A:Slow browser failing to load pages on tablet

Download a terminal emulator, do some pings.

Check the advanced setting for the Wifi, there may be some weird DNS entries or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-browser-failing-to-load-pages-on-tablet.188781/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everyone,

So, my problem is that I get pings of around 400ms when trying to play games online. I don't have this problem on my Laptop but got a new PC a few days ago and I have had the problem since I got that.

Here are my speedtest results:

​ ​I tried with both my windows firewall on and off and that didn't solve the problem. Also, I am using windows 8. Anyone have any ideas?​ ​Thanks in advance!​ ​

A:High ping - only in games?

What games are you trying to play?

It might be that it's simply that your connecting to the wrong servers on your games (playing with people far away and such)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-only-in-games.188508/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I am going to built a pc for high resolution gaming so I can play latest games and upcoming games next year ...
my pc specs will be -
cooler master haf 912 advanced mid tower cabinet
ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
i7-3770k
and 8 gb ram

so guys I want your reviews and if u feel like suggesting me pls go ahead
thanx

A:Building a new PC for high-res gaming

Looks like a good balance of components to me. Out of curiosity what power supply was you considering for the build?

For a single "SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3GB GDDR5", you will need at least a 550W PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc-for-high-res-gaming.188441/
Relevancy 28.38%

I bought this video card

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006

and was wondering if my current CPU would bottleneck it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=uk&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c02839589#N168.

I doubt it will, but I would like some input on it. Thanks!

A:Is my Core i7 2600s bottlenecking my HD 7950?

I hope you have at least a 500W power supply. If not you will need one for that card. As for the CPU, I think you will be fine with the i7-2600S. My only other concern would be, if you have clearance in that HP case for the HD 7950.

Radeon HD 7950

500W (or greater) power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommendedClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-core-i7-2600s-bottlenecking-my-hd-7950.188100/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys, I have lately upgraded my pc to Core i5 3330 and Asus B75-V plus 4 GB ram 1600 MHz running win 7 32 bit, so far so good. In device manager and BIOS I can see the 4 cores available BUT task manager or CPU-Z just show 2 cores!!! and other softwares make use of 2 cores only.I've updated BIOS to the latest version(801) but nothing changed.
Can win 7 or 8 64 bit or something have an effect?
I'd appreciate it if you friends help me get out of the hell and tell me what's wrong with my PC.

A:Does the Core i5-3330 have 2 or 4 cores?

It should be 4 cores and 4 threads. Go into your BIOS and make sure you haven't disabled any of the cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-the-core-i5-3330-have-2-or-4-cores.187920/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I m having issues with my latency and I think I know the cause Today while trying things to fix the problem I stumbled upon this page in my router telling how many open sessions each connected device currently has On my network there are connected devices both are pc s One mine has a wired connection while the other roommate has a wireless connection My amount of open sessions ranges from to with peaks to while my roommate has to with peaks to I read up on the internet and came to the conclusion that this is not good I also read that these issues are often spyware virus related There is only one problem in fully determining roof through the Sessions" latency, High "Open the cause I don t have any access to my roommates computer If I m sure of the cause I can alert him about it but otherwise there s nothing I can do about his end One last thing I read about it was that the router may High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof also be doing something wrong with the sessions but I don t quite understand what that was Something about keeping old sessions or something maybe someone else knows more about this Any help would be massively appreciated Marty P S I ran quot CurrPorts quot on my computer when about sessions were running and it came up with a list of around unkown processes system processes and chrome processes nbsp

A:High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof

The unknown processes are sockets which have been closed and awaiting to be cleared - - not to worry, BUT
which CurrPorts column heading are you seeing this in?

btw: Your OS and the version of CurrPorts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-latency-open-sessions-through-the-roof.186940/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am going to buy a new PC with 680 gtx Sli. If I equip it with a i7 3820 not overclocked (I.e. standard 3,6 Ghz), could the 680 gtx Sli be limited by the CPU? Would a i7 3930k be a better choice? Worth spending more money? In a nutshell, if I decide to equip my 680 gtx Sli with a 3930k rather than a 3820 what fps boost range could I expect to gain playing at 1920x1080 all filters ON (AA, AF, AO and so on)?

A:Core i7-3820 or i7-3930k for 680 GTX SLI?

At 1920x1080 I think you'll have no issues running almost any game out with either CPU and SLI 680s @ vysnc - even if you decide to run with a 120hz monitor. Only with games such as MMOs where you are typically CPU bound anyway will you see issues... or Metro 2033 & AvP.

I see you're looking for a lot of input on this - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=370635

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-3820-or-i7-3930k-for-680-gtx-sli.186883/
Relevancy 24.94%

Will a Radeon 7770 Make Magicz its the overclocked version obviously 1gb ddr5 resoltuion 1366x868 or w/e the standards are lol will it be able to run battlefield on high/ulti

cpu I3 2120

A:Radeon HD 7770 in Battlefield on high/ultimate?

Well, at that resolution the 7770 would perform alright at medium/high settings, but don't go expecting any ultra maxed out settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-7770-in-battlefield-on-high-ultimate.186856/
Relevancy 24.94%

After watching videos of Arma 2 and DayZ on YouTube, I now want to play those games more than anything. Problem is I don't have a gaming computer or laptop. After looking into some options I feel like a laptop might be best for my needs, but my question is could a laptop run these games on high settings with still getting high fps and run smoothly? I barely know anything about computers so I could really use the help. I checked into some Alienware laptops, and was looking at the m17x. Would that be able to play this game with high fps?

A:Will this laptop play this game at high fps?

This link may help. - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M Review

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-laptop-play-this-game-at-high-fps.186298/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a i7 860 cpu with 8gb of corsair ram at 1600 clock speeds.
I have a 750 watt psu and a intel p55wg motherboard.
I want to overclock this as high and stable as possible and I have overclocked many amd proccessors but never intel.

Any help would be great, I have found reviews and guides but they dont make much sense. Sorry for bad english this is written on my phone.

A:Core i7-860 CPU overclocking

Saw this one my phone, be home in twenty minutes. Shouldn't be hard to oc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-860-cpu-overclocking.186246/
Relevancy 28.38%

I can either get a i7 920 or phenom II. Which one should I get?
I am using then for gaming.

A:Core i7-920 vs Phenom II x4 3.7GHz for gaming

Which stepping is the i7 920? The D0 overclocks much better than the C0 stepping.
But if they're the same price (including the price of the motherboard) I'd say go for the i7 920, mine still plays all modern games without any problems. Or if you can find an i5 2500K or 3570K for around the same price then go for those because the 920 is already 2 generations old and a bit of a power hog.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-920-vs-phenom-ii-x4-3-7ghz-for-gaming.186175/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello guys.
mu issue is more less common,at my home the electricity is neva stable..its on and of most times...so I woudnt say I used the switch button to turn my pc off.
but a lito while ago,I have this problem of checksum error default loading..poping on the screen,my mouse, keybord not rensponding with some strange noise..(bips) its wen I visited this site read about som tips on the CMOS battery changing ,jumper settings and re-set , but it neva worked so I went for repair it was ok..they tod mi the noise was the one of the RAM was faulty.but wen I went home I tried the other RAM teking off the current RAM one the pc replaced with the one he clamed was faulty was ok..that ment the RAM was finebut the RAM slot was nt not ok...nw same thing has happened and am prity confused...

A:Faulty RAM?

Are you having trouble with your keyboard, or is English not your first language?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.186050/
Relevancy 24.94%

Do you nee AF past 2x at high resolutions like 1080p on the pc?
I am asking this because I hear rumors that it doesnt do anything past 2X on high resolutions?

A:Anisotropic filtering past 2x on high resolutions?

FYI: the wiki says

In 3D computer graphics, anisotropic filtering (abbreviated AF) is a method of enhancing the image quality of textures on surfaces of computer graphics that are at oblique viewing angles with respect to the camera where the projection of the texture (not the polygon or other primitive on which it is rendered) appears to be non-orthogonal (thus the origin of the word: "an" for not, "iso" for same, and "tropic" from tropism, relating to direction; anisotropic filtering does not filter the same in every direction).Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anisotropic-filtering-past-2x-on-high-resolutions.185505/
Relevancy 22.36%

Online gaming pc and xbox live both work great Websites are hit and miss Okay a little back story On around I woke up to find a very spastic internet connection Video games like world of warcraft steam games etc worked just fine No Most web won't issues.. load others at with all, no do sites sluggishness whatsoever Most web sites won't load at all, others do with no issues.. However basic websites all widely varied and unconnected would sometimes load other times they would just pretend they were loading circle repeatedly spinning like it would happen anytime You could leave that up for an hour sometimes without it timing out I chalked it up to a number of things We d just had several storms roll through one of which being a hurricane Two days later after work we called the cable provider because it hadn t improved even a little bit and I work with animals and have to routinely do research associated with my job I d get maybe of websites to load some I d never been to would work great others wouldn t even load when I frequented them in the past Yet this entire time we can STILL play online games on either the computer of the Xbox The man from the cable company ran us through some basic things they pinged various sites everything came back fine even for sites that refused to load After an hour on the phone the man was stumped Everything on their end and ours both appeared to be just fine So he tells us to give it a little time maybe something was slightly off Told us to call back in a few days if the problem didn t resolve Well two days later there was no change whatsoever We called back got the same sort of run around and basic tests finally they say to just bring the router to the local office and swap it out because that s the only possible thing they can think of We did this morning and nothing No change Exact same issues I ve since then searched through old and new forums trying to find a concrete way to get this back in order but resetting winsock and things of that nature have done nothing For details Windows Main OS is Mozilla but tried google chrome and IE with identical results Norton anti-virus have also disabled this and the firewall just to be sure but no luck Spybot search and destroy had used it in the past but only reinstalled it after issues began just to be sure There are two computers that are run through the modem with identical issues and one wireless laptop ARRIS router from Cable One have went into the configuration screens for it but have not been able to note anything amiss Right now I am able to look these things up because google works fine if I just want to search Clicking the links that pop up as a result either takes several clicks will pretend like it s loading but sit there spinning indefinitely or very rarely just time out altogether However I have taken to clicking the cached version of the website and that works just fine even when I have never been to the site myself personally ANY help would be appreciated It s very frustrating to pay so much for a service and then when you do finally have time off or actually need to research you are kind of just out of luck yet I could take a lazy day and play video games without problem Maybe my router is trying to get me to take a vacation Really don t want to reformat if I can avoid it and considering it s affecting multiple machines I m not sure it would help nbsp

A:Most web sites won't load at all, others do with no issues..

I'm using Firefox and it shows me some critical info when I access a URL

looking up xxx
connecting to xxx
waiting on xxx
done and the page is shown
(1) is the DNS lookup - - if this takes too long, the browser should show a timeout
(2) after finding the IP address of the url, this is where the connection is made and there can be
multiple issue at this point

connection reset (ie too many concurrent requests)
completed connection but no data at all
(3) data is being read by the browser and will continue in this state until there is nothing else to send.
Chrome & Opera will stall here forever {nothing shown} if (4) can not be reached

one test of the URL in question is to use TRACERT DOMAIN.NAME to see if it's possible to even
reach that server right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/most-web-sites-wont-load-at-all-others-do-with-no-issues.185446/
Relevancy 24.51%

So this has never really been an issue before until just recently My HD got so corrupted that I had to reformat the drive and reinstall all the recovery components After doing all this I was reinstalling games back onto my system and have been having some intermittent issues with shutting down which just recently got worse When playing games like Sims or Dungeons games that are graphically intense and larger the computer now will shut off within - down overheating high and shutting games G73 on laptop end Asus minutes No graphic anomalies and I am able to turn Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down it right back on without the computer baring me due to an overheated system The system doesnt shut down when running movies or playing games like fallout or other bit games I ran hardware monitor and speed fan when I was running dungeons and got the following data HW monitor reports Min Max C Therm Intel core i QM Core Core Core Core ST AS Assembly Air Flow ATI Mobility Radeon HD TMPIN Speed Fan reports Speed fan only sees one CPU Fan running at a range of - RPM However my laptop has two fans within it should it be reporting CPU Fans When running dungeons the fan jumps to RPM The GPU temp is normally C but when running dungeons it jumps to C Im running an Asus G Jh gaming laptop The BIOS is version Intel core i CPU Q GHz Memory mb ram HD gb gb of gb free OS Windows Home premium bit build My question is whether or not one of my fans isnt working anymore Which happened a year ago and I had to replace it or is something else going on that isnt kicking my fans on to cool the system down for gaming I dont tend to hear the fans whirring loudly anymore like they sort of did before when things got a little too hot nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down

It may very well be your fans again. You may need to open it up and clean it out with a can of air. Try replacing the thermal compound or pads. This may solve your problem. Plus inspect the motherboard for any lose connections. I am sure some one else here will have a few more suggestion to help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-overheating-on-high-end-games-and-shutting-down.185380/
Relevancy 27.95%

My core speed or the multiplier don't drop in idle
bios setup everything is automatic
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5272.301415.589480272&type=1&relevant_count=1
core i7 980x
x58-ud7

I also when I get into bios same thing no drop
latest bios and default setup

A:Core speed or multiplier don't drop in idle

Hmm; I'm sure these are the FIXED ratings of the chip, not the ACTIVE usage.
The Win/7 Task Manager->Performance->Resource Monitor clearly shows active usage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-speed-or-multiplier-dont-drop-in-idle.185031/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi everyone Core HD 4000 graphics i5-3570k I started buying my computer parts and have Core i5-3570k HD 4000 graphics eveything I need but the following CPU GPU OS Aftermarket heatsink I was going to wait till I could Core i5-3570k HD 4000 graphics purchase all Core i5-3570k HD 4000 graphics the above before placing my next order but the graphics card was the main thing burdening my wallet However I was like quot duh quot the CPU has built in HD graphics I could just go ahead and hold off on the Graphics Card and atleast be able to fire up my system and check everything is in good working order as well as have a PC that is working rather than a cardboard box full of plastic metal My questions are If I were to use the Integrated graphics for the time being after I bought a GPU in the future the CPU would automatically detect a aftermarket Graphics card and completely stop using the built in one right Since I am not going to be using the Integrated graphics for long term I should go with a cheaper CPU with less built in graphic power refer to Q cause after I buy the GPU I won t have no need for it Any one have any CPU Heat sink suggestions that will fit my case HAF and as far as OS goes do I really need a fancy version of Windows or just the most plain I only plan on playing games music and minor web browsing Thank you all sorry for my large thread nbsp

A:Core i5-3570k HD 4000 graphics

Where are you going to purchase your parts from? Are you any where near a Micro Center? What power supply are you considering? Will you be overclocking? Windows 7 64 will more than suffice; I run it. I have that very same cpu in my new build.

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-3570k-hd-4000-graphics.185056/
Relevancy 19.35%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 25.37%

Apperantly this is probably some problem from our router which the company gave us apperantly its Outdated but if it was wouldnt it been doing this ages ago so it couldnt be malware because I scanned the whole system and the problems I had I deleted them all but can really problems in the company cause 24/7 high ping and bad internet

A:High ping for three days

You will probably get more help if you give more information.

Right now, this is about it:

In computer gaming, a ping, also known as a high ping or low ping, is a measurement of how fast the connection to the game server the player has. For example, a player with a low 50 ping is going to have a better game experience than a player with a high 250 ping. To help with server response times some game servers may only accept users who have a low ping.Click to expand...

Are you referring to gaming?
What is you 'high ping' number?
There can be a bottleneck between the router and the ISP, outside of your network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-for-three-days.184410/
Relevancy 24.94%

I just bought a new laptop MSI g60 with 670m its awsome but when I got on youtube it plays fine on 240p but anything higher and it flickers pink! I installed flash player. Is there something I'm missing?

A:YouTube flickers pink on high res

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-flickers-pink-on-high-res.183207/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

So I have had a big problem with my computer. It does not happen that often but when it does it is really annoying and scary. My computer just shutsdown and a screwed up noise goes through the speakers and the fans goes sky high! It happened one time when I play crysis 2. I played it for like 5 minutes before it happened. I booted the computer up and then I had a look at my temps which where around 50C. Started up crysis again and played for like 10 minutes and it only went up to 70C. So it is not an overheating issue! What should I do?

Thanks for any help!

A:Computer turns of randomly and fans go sky high!

shameless bump!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-of-randomly-and-fans-go-sky-high.184322/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have got fx 8150 processor and hd 6670 gpu but still can't run high end games like ME3 and crysis2....even deus ex human revolution stooped running after 6th level!!.......when I checked the requirements my configuration was more than suffice!...plaese any suggestions??....should I call up the manufacturer as its only a month old?

A:Got latest hardware but still can't play high end games like ME3 or Crysis 2

The 6670 is really a weak card for a game like Crysis 2... though it should fare a bit better with ME3. I think DEHR falls somewhere in the middle. Your GPU is your likely bottleneck on that system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-latest-hardware-but-still-cant-play-high-end-games-like-me3-or-crysis-2.183324/
Relevancy 24.94%

My pc seems to get very high CPU at times which makes the computer very slow especially the internet which goes straight to not responding Recently it has been doing it alot where the CPU and computer fluctuate between being normal and silent to then suddenly loud with CPU upto - and at some few loads couple times every CPU high minutes PC a has My points much higher This fluctuates a lot e g every minuite on average I put CPU processes tab in Windows My PC has high CPU loads a few times every couple minutes Task Manager -When silent and normal System idle process seems to be around then then jqs exe popped up a few times as well A few iexplore exe names pop up especially fuctuating under System idle process at the top The CPU can be low around - with the odd high numbers fluctuating and appearing up to -When loud and slow the CPU can be up to fluctuating higher at times System idle process is up to avp exe is up there aroudn and more Around - iexplore exe around and much higher names appear with some above system idle process jqs exe popped up a few times again The CPU seems to move about to high s even when quiet and then it leads to being noisy within a minute since being silent nbsp

A:My PC has high CPU loads a few times every couple minutes

my pc hit 100 in the CPU today, making the internet freeze, until I ended the internet programme in task manager. Why is the CPU getting this high?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-has-high-cpu-loads-a-few-times-every-couple-minutes.181145/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I'm running two XFX HD 5770's at 850/1200 mhz, 85% fan speed. Air flow is pretty decent, although the PSU sits a little close to the bottom card. While gaming I'll hit up to 76-77C but never over 80C. I've read a few posts and reviews and heard that these cards can run sub-90C fine, but a lot of these included users running their fan speeds at like 60% or below.

My question is : Is reaching almost 80C at 85% fan speed too high? Is it safe to run this for 3-5 hours a day/ 7 days a week?

Thanks for any info/help you can give

A:CF 5770 load temps

If your cards are right next to each other then yeah, they will run pretty hot.

It's pretty common to see GPUs running at 80-90C and they're designed to take that kind of temperature anyway, wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. 3-5 hours a day isn't really that much compared to bitcoin miners who run 24/7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cf-5770-load-temps.182402/
Relevancy 28.38%

So I recently built myself a computer. I have a 500GB Hard drive, and during the installation of windows I forgot to make a partition.
I already tried making a partition the re-installing windows on that, but for some reason it kept failing.

so I'm wondering if there's a way to move all my core Windows NVIDIA Program Files etc. into just one folder. then possibly make it hidden. would that work? is there any way to do this?

A:Shifting core files big problem

If you head into the Administrative Tools in Control Panel you can create a partition by shrinking your existing C: partition by the amount of space you want to use for a second one.

There is absolutely no need to re-install Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shifting-core-files-big-problem.182351/