Windows Support Forum

Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Q: Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Dear all This is my first post in this forum My Dell studio XPS mt Bloomfield i no overclocking GIGs RAM has been working well for the last years I used it mainly for internet emails presentations database work and basic Standard and High Def video editing using AVIDEMUX and DIVX software In the last few weeks great deal of noise started to come out from the PC the noise occurred soon after opening an HD or an SD video file and continued until I close the file then the noise will Core high fan? or on i7-920 load: Hot faulty CPU gradually go down back to its idle state I opened the case and did a thorough cleaning with a house hold Dyson very carefully and a lot of dirt came out but no effect on the noise After some googling around one possible reason was excessive hard disk activity I had a look at the Resource Monitor and it did show high reading and writing activity coinciding with the noise Good I thought time had come for an upgrade so I went a head and installed a new SSD as my system drive and relegated my old hard disk for a storage purposes Unfortunately the noise persisted and it had become louder in the last few days I came across HardWare Monitor software and run it at idle state then at time of maximum noise Idle state Maximum noise I can see cores temp went up from - to - Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan? fan from to and fan from to Is my CPU going to die and what is meant by the Powers Package going up from w to w Is it the fault of processor or the fans or the heatsink Sorry for the long story but please advise me on what to do Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Whoops!
I think I have made a mess trying to paste the 2 HardWare Monitor data images. Could some one tell me on how to put an image in my post as I kept getting error message that my post was too long!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-core-i7-920-on-high-load-faulty-cpu-or-fan.188882/
Relevancy 74.82%

I know this is a little nooby, but idle it's around 35-40C and when I'm just on the internet or editing it's around 50-70C. Under a full load it goes very high around 80-95C.
CPU- Intel Core i7 860 OC'd to 3.94Ghz
Any tips on if it is to high.

Relevancy 61.92%

So I purchased a new CPU a couple months ago and didn t bother to mess with the Bios after installing it Anyway the CPU I purchased was an AMD Phenom II X BE which as I understand is supposed to have all four cores unlocked from start with no need to do anything yourself Anyway some time had passed and about a month ago I was in my Bios messing around with some settings and noticed that under CPU Settings it showed something like this Core - Unlocked Core - Unlocked Core - Unlocked Core - Locked I started up my computer without making changes to check what my computer said and sure enough in task manager it only showed three cores I m almost positive that I d remembered seeing four cores in the task manage on multiple occasions before but of course couldn t be sure So I m not sure if it was always like this from when I installed the CPU or if something changed it for the first month or two I had it installed Anyway went back into Bios and changed it to Unlocked and now all four cores show as unlocked and my computer seems to be running fine but now I am unable to see the temperature readouts for each of my cores--which I understand is a side effect from unlocking cores though I shouldn t be having that problem considering the BE is supposed to come with all four cores unlocked AFAIK I m not too concerned about the temperature thing really but I m just wondering if this would have any effect on my computer or if it could mean that the CPU is faulty or something along those lines I appreciate mean CPU 965 locked core, had BE AMD a faulty? this Phenom X4 is could my II any help thanks nbsp

A:AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE had a locked core, could this mean my CPU is faulty?

I think the the X4 BE is supposed to have 6 cores, with 2 of them locked out. It almost sounds like you have an X3, with 1 of 4 cores locked out. My 970 BE showed 6 cores, with 2 locked out, when I first got it. But I think I may have over-cooked it, or something, when I enabled all 6 cores, and overclocked it, because now it only shows 4 cores. None are locked, though. It runs fine at 4GHz, with 1.5V to it, and 17V to the cooling fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-phenom-ii-x4-965-be-had-a-locked-core-could-this-mean-my-cpu-is-faulty.178734/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey all The Issue I Have recently purchased a laptop with windows XP preinstalled high-grade drive Faulty DVD on laptop on it has COA key and eveything seemed to be working until i updated the Webcam drivers Suddenly the laptop stopped working and kept getting a BSOD so i re-installed XP and re-instlled the drivers for the laptop but now the DVD drive doesn t work properly When i insert a DVD film into the drive the film will play using Power Cyberlink DVD player but if i try to open the DVD from quot My Computer quot the disc appears to be blank This also happend with DVD Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop s where i have backed up data etc Also eveytime i start the laptop up it keeps trying to install two quot Base System Device quot I have tried allowing the laptop to install these devices but each time it tells me the device quot was not installed correctly quot I am confused as to why this is and was just wondering if i had installed the correct drivers for the laptop or not or if perhaps my DVD drive is on t its way out Laptop Specs Hi-Grade Notebook Pentium INtel T Dual Core Gb RAM Gb HDD Windows XP PRO Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop SP Model No W S I do have a genuine copy of Windows Home Premium with a COA but im reluctant to install this without a fully working DVD Drive thanks in advance James nbsp

A:Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop

I can't find W76S on Hi-Grade's site, so I don't know what extras the laptop has. And their FTP server for driver download appears to be offline. Do you still have the CD/DVD w/ device drivers that came with the laptop? Perhaps try reinstalling the drivers for the webcam, card-reader, etc. from that disc.

The other option is take a look at Device Manager. Look at the properties for those w/ exclamation marks. There should be a Details tab. Select Hardware Ids under Property, and you should get couple things in the Value box. Hopefully, the 1st one will help you identify the make and from there, the right driver. If not, try using the 2nd value.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-dvd-drive-on-high-grade-laptop.168437/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,

This is my first computer build. For the most part it is playing games fine, but three times now in the last several weeks I have gotten BSODs, in Crysis 3, Battlefield 4. I didn't have the presence of mind to write down the error code.

I have attached the /zip file generated by SF.

Any ideas? I got error codes when trying to debug myself with windbg.

A:BSOD playing games under high load, High-end Intel/Nvidia custom PC

Hello i have had a look the the files you provided.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800cfd5028, bf800000, 124}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Code:
6: kd> !errrec fffffa800cfd5028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa800cfd5028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01cf956465f79ba4
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 7/4/2014 6:47:18 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa800cfd50a8
Section @ fffffa800cfd5180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 0
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000006

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa800cfd50f0
Section @ fffffa800cfd5240
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000006
CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 06 - bf fb da 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa800cfd5240

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa800cfd5138
Section @ fffffa800cfd52c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264

Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 6 Bank 1)
Address : 0x000000041e01fdc0
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086
0x124 bug check with a cache write error.

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. - H2SO4

The usual suspect of this kind of BCCode is the CPU but it's often not the the case which is why we need
to test other components to rule them out as the cause.
How old are your components?
Do you have any spare parts (or another PC) to test with?

To start with, open your case if you feel comfortable to do so. Now reseat all the connectors with the computer off and blow away any dust.

Use this link to make sure you have enough power supply:

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator.

Test and Diagnose with Memtest:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Reduce your computer to Clock Speeds.

The problem with the Stop 0x124 is that there are so many causes, so we have to take a wide approach. We will try these for now, is these don't do the trick, we can try some more tests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336744-bsod-playing-games-under-high-load-high-end-intel-nvidia-custom-pc.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi All I have just built a new pc with the following spec Asus P B Motherboard E Core Duo Stock HSAF x Corsair XMS DDR PC Saphire x pro Ultimate samsung gig SATA II HDD x mm case fans front High with 2 temps Core duo Back Edit Forgot to say I used A S on the HSAF not the standard pads I have checked and High temps with Core 2 duo re seated this Edit There is no overclock at the moment so all is at stock If I run a test with TAT and have speed fan running also after a couple of mins the temps are as follows Speedfan v System C CPU C AUX C What the heck is this measuring HD C Core C Core C These temps are about the same in Asus Probe II and with the Core and Core in TAT I tried a small overclock before only to High temps with Core 2 duo mhz fsb and the CPU High temps with Core 2 duo temp went to C but that can not be right can it The info I have read says the Core and Core temps should be higher than the CPU temp Info from here http forumz tomshardware com hardware Core-Duo-Temperature-Guide-ftopict html Any Ideas what is going on with these temps And what the heck is running at C Any help would be appreciated Thanks Andy nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I m new to BleepingComputer my name is Tom Today I bought Windows and did a fresh install really Temps Core CPU high from WinXP The hardware changes I made were adding my other k rpm raptor hd so I can run Win in raid config I couldn t get it to work for WinXP Everything has gone smooth with all the installation The problem I m experiencing is high core temps on my i - quad core When I had XP installed I was idleing at - C and running - C while running games Now I m idleing anywhere from - C and I m hitting C while running BFBC I didnt notice this until I first installed BFBC and it kept crashing on me during loading my pc shuts down completely I don t understand why my core temps are so crazy now Is it because of the hard drives in Raid config Could it be my power supply is faulty Any help would b greatly appreciated Thankyou P S I am running a stock intel cooler fan i know i just ordered a coolermaster from newegg Although I m running a stock cooler under XP my temps were still ok SystemSpecs Gigabyte P A-UD mobo Intel i - ghz g OCZ ram Asus GTX GB Xion watt PS WD Raptor k rpm hd s

A:CPU Core Temps really high

Hi Tom,
I'm no PC buff but I don't see how installing a new OS or hard drive, raid or not can dramatically increase your CPU temps. Have you checked that you didn't knock your CPU cooler some how whilst fitting your new HD?
Soon to be sorted if your fitting a new cooler.
As a reference I'm running a P67 board with an Intel 2500k 3.3GHz with a Coolermaster V8 fitted. Temps whilst browsing and light work are top 20's low 30's and 30min's or so of prime95 or an hour of Crysis2 leave it in the low 50's

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412950/cpu-core-temps-really-high/
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently have been taking notice that with ms task, speed fan and Tune up Utilities 2007 that my cpu usage is very high I checked the current processes and not one went over 20k And my cpu total usage was 50%+ and the first processor is is usually over 80% and the second is usually under 30%, even in idol time its like this. and i have only 8 items starting up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unbalanced-high-usage-core-duo.572736/
Relevancy 53.32%

I don't know but recently I am facing this wierd issue since a few days. See screenshots below

As you can see that the process svchost.exe is using way too much memory and you can also see in the second screenshot that all my cores at being used intermittently at the highest capacity when this happens my computer kind of hangs up for a few seconds although I have about 18 GB ram everything halts or even moving the cursor become very slow can some one please help me or guide me as to what can be causing this issue. I have not downloaded, installed or changed anything as far as I know. Plz help

A:Slow Pc high core usage

Hi,
Yep it's been fairly common now days sadly enough :/
I reinstalled and finally got rid of svchost.netsvcs causing 50%++ cpu usage

What were the last round of successful windows updates ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/393178-slow-pc-high-core-usage.html
Relevancy 53.32%

HP dv 6000 laptop , windows vista home preimium
Problem : temp high checked by speed fan software, GPU-63?C, Core1- 53?C, core 2 - 53?C, shutting down by itself after 15-20 minutes of run.
please tell me any other software i can try before i open the case .
Thanks

A:[SOLVED] GPU and core temp high ? please help?

Hi -

Are they the highest the temps get?

GPU-63?C = 145?F
Core1- 53?C = 127?F
Core2- 53?C = 127?F

I sometimes run an HP dv7 w/ themp higher than those. But I do shut it down to allow it to cool off, too. It does freeze sometimes requiring a hard shut down.

Have you cleaned the system w/compressed air?

How old is the laptop?
Is Vista SP2 installed?
Updated drivers?
How old is it?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-gpu-and-core-temp-high-please-help-424573.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So I left my pc on last night and I woke up with an alert from coretemp so I took a peak at it and saw this
As you can see it has a hight of over 140degrees is this something that should concern me or just a one off thing due to software etc?

A:Core temp high readings.

i checked the specs of your CPU and that is way way over the max temp..
Maximum operating temperature 71?C , get a can of air and blow all the dust out from the fans and heatsink.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/256799-core-temp-high-readings.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Hewlett-Packard DV9500 laptop and it has the T7500 Core Two Duo 2.2 GHz. CPU in it. The computer is brand new and if functioning normally. However I notice that when I am playing stringent games the CPU cores will reach 80 degrees calculus +. I am just wondering of this is normal or not. I know that temp for a desktop Core Two Duo CPU is redline. But I am less sure of the laptop Core Two Duo's.

Relevancy 53.32%

My first post on your forums So I ve just picked up a third screen for my computer at a faire good deal for an inch LCD and I core problem one CPU on High usage ve done some magic with my computer to be able to add it in and have it work nicely By magic I mean fiddle with the cables behind the computer and fiddle with the BIOS settings to enable the onboard graphics to drive the new screen Boot up went fairly smoothly although I ran into a snag If I had anything plugged into Sata ports or on the motherboard the bios would freeze up while it was scanning for drives If those four ports were empty and I had my harddrives plugged into and it would work fine Unfortunately I High CPU usage problem on one core can t use my DVD drive anymore due to ports and being used for harddrives Windows booted up fine logged in found new hardware the ATI onboard chip installed its drivers all was smooth and happy But I happened to open up taskmanager and was surprised to see the CPU usage on my fourth core was doing while the others were hovering around - I followed some advice from friends on Facebook they had me install Windows s SDK and run xperf to generate a etl file I found PCIIDEX sys took up a large majority of the CPU usage on the core followed in second by hal dll I m not really sure what to do High CPU usage problem on one core now Going to run Spybot S amp D to see if it finds anything crosses fingers Edit Windows Ultimate -bit AMD PhenomX processor gb of ram If that helps Edit Spybot came up with nothing no threats Another edit I fixed it pciidex sys was being used by my sata controller so it must be going bad or something But it s fixed for now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-cpu-usage-problem-on-one-core.998279/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
Since a few days ago my laptop fan runs very often and makes quite noise, even if I am only surfing in the internet, not playing games or something like that. I bought this laptop last January and it is a good machine and powerful, I think it is not normal this is happening. I'd like to ask you how can I diagnose if the core temperature is higher than normal values, why it is happening and how can I solve this.

A:High temperature in Intel Core i7412mq

You need to fill out your system specs with more detail so we know what we are dealing with.

You can use HWInfo64 to check temperatures and fan speeds.

Get it here. It's free.

HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

Are you sure the noise is coming from the fan?

Laptops run hot anyway. You could have a failing fan, clogged fan vents, or something that is causing your CPU to work harder than normal that is causing the fan to work hard.

Post a screen shot of what you see in HWInfo64, particularly the fan speeds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/371729-high-temperature-intel-core-i7412mq.html
Relevancy 52.89%

just joined here and i have a problem maybe all of you can help me with. on my q6600 (kentfield) g0 running on idle the cpu temp reads 82c but core temps read:
core 0 31c
core 1 32c
core 3 30c
core 4 30c
the core temps have always been around this but the cpu temp used to be around 28c. These readings came from the bios, cpuid hardware monitor, and core temp and all say the same thing. all i can think of is that i have a sensor reading wrong. if so how can i fix it so not to have a heart attack when i see this? thanks for any ideas.
my specs:
xfx780i
q6600 @ 2.4 stock w/arctic freezer 7 pro fan (and arctic silver 5)
evga 8800gts (gpu temp 51c)

A:cpu temp high but core temps fine?

CPU temp is always a bit higher than the core temps but... If the sensor is busted, then you will just have to live with it. There's no fix that's worth doing.
BTW, areyou sure your cooler is correctly seated and you have enough, and especially not too much AS5 applied? Those core temps are a few degrees over what they should be at stock idle and that cooler and AS5.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-temp-high-but-core-temps-fine.790316/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all....I know this Thread has come up before......but....I just installed the WHQL Forceware Driver 71.84 downloaded from NVidea......shows my GPU Core Temp 10 degrees (celcius) warmer than the previous Driver???

Question is.......is my Vid Card really running warmer or is it just a "bug" within the Driver????

I wound up "rolling back to my 66.xx Driver as that one shows Core Temp 49 degrees idle and 60 degrees under load.
You'd thing a WHQL Driver form the NVidea Web Site would be an absolut fool proff Driver...?

Any thoughts on this?

Regards
Bob

A:High Core Temp with new Forceware 71.84 Driver ?

From what I've seen on another site, it really is getting hotter. Someone checked the temperature of the air coming out the back of the comuter, and it actually did show it was hotter.

As I can't really see a lot of difference in the actual game performance and IQ of the different drivers, and I don't like my card to run any warmer than it has to, I went back to the 71.20 set, and don't have a problem with these.

And I agree 100% that nVidia should get this fixed, as there have been quite a few driver sets with this problem. I think I read somewhere that they have stated that any driver with a release date after March 12, will not have this problem. So if that's true they are very aware of the problem, I don't see how they could not have known about it earlier though.

By the way, you can make your temps come down by downloading nVTweak and overlocking the 2D speed to 402, and then resetting back to default if you want. The temps will come down that 10 degrees or so. The only problem is, you have to do this every time you reboot.

I'm sticking with the 71.20's. Don't ask me why I picked that one, it just seemed as good as the rest to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-core-temp-with-new-forceware-71-84-driver.23038/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I ve been having a problem with my Core i temperatures First off I fully understand that Core i s run notoriously hot however these temperatures are unacceptable considering the aftermarket heatsink fan High i7 NH-U12P Excessively D0 /w Core Noctua 920 - Temperatures CPU revision D and VCore voltages I have setup for my system After lowering my CPU s VCore voltage to v STOCK Clocks GHz reapplying Arctic Silver reseating the Noctua NH-U P SE heatsink I still get temperatures of c load I should be getting MUCH cooler temperatures with this setup around c or below load Please help i m racking my brain trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with this My case airflow should be fine though my wiring isn t as organized as i d like Note In that picture the left fan is pointing so that the air would be flowing inward I have since turned back so it is exhausting hot air to the rear exhaust fan My system specs are as follows Excessively High Core i7 920 D0 Temperatures - /w Noctua NH-U12P Case Lian Li B Plus II CPU Intel Core i LGA Revision D MOBO ASUS P T Deluxe V RAM OCZ Gold x GB DDR - - - VGA Visiontek ATI Radeon X HDD WD GB Upgrading to x SSD s in RAID in Dec nbsp

A:Excessively High Core i7 920 D0 Temperatures - /w Noctua NH-U12P

Hi Type,
assuming that you applied the thermal compound correctly, make sure that all the corners(fastening points) are secure. I have seen a number of instances where one of the fasteners was not secure and with the weight of these HS/F's, if it tilts, or pulls down just .001" from the CPU heatspreader, it will cause problems. I laid one machine on its side and the temp went down 18C.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excessively-high-core-i7-920-d0-temperatures-w-noctua-nh-u12p.136301/
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently installed the hyper 212 evo on my core i7 3770k at stock frequency after some trouble. My temps after 25mins of prime 95 are 47 C from asus AI suite and core temp the temps are 63, 60, 67, 69. This is at full load during prime 95.

Is the cooler mounted correctly and are my temps good for overclocking?

The cooler fan rpm are 850-900.

A:Core i7-3770k temps high after installing Hyper 212 Evo?

What voltage are you using? Stock voltage is usually way too high, try undervolting as much as you can without getting BSODs and you should see temps drop. But at the moment they don't look too excessive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-3770k-temps-high-after-installing-hyper-212-evo.185345/
Relevancy 52.46%

this temp is pretty high isnt it any body please advice. I just put this system together like as in its been running for about an hour! evga 680i mobo. i dont know maybe this higher temps is normal for a brand new system. anybody with a little advice would be greatly appreciated. thanx

A:intel core 2 duo e6850 runnin in high 40's celsius

Download and run everest from majorgeeks.com to see if there is anything else running a bit hot as well. Your temps are not that bad if you are working the system hard.
When you assembled it, did you perhaps use too much heat transfer compound? It only needs a small amount.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-2-duo-e6850-runnin-in-high-40s-celsius.88564/
Relevancy 51.6%

configuration would be

quad core cpu q9550 or q9300 or q96600
ATI HD4870 video card
x48 or p45 chipset motherboard (high end)
2 x 7200rpm sata-300 drives in raid
4gb 1066mhz ddr2 memory
sound card (high end)
dvd burner

I found a case that comes with an Ultra 600watt PSU, and wondering if that is enough for the configuration,

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-wattage-power-supply-do-i-really-need-quad-core-cpu-and-high-end-graphics.737692/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey, recently I've been working on overclocking my CPU, and I noticed (both in task manager and in speed fan) that one of my cores (on my Q6600 quad core processor (65nm)) is always under an 80-90% load even when it's just idling, while the rest of the cores are under a very low load. I am running 64 bit vista. Also, it takes much longer for whichever core is under a heavier load to finish a stage (of calculations or whatever) in the multi-core prime 95 stress tester. I have closed all programs that I can, except for symantec anti-virus, which you cannot close all the way (at least to my knowledge). Is this normal? And if not, what can I do to fix it?

A:Core 2 Load

This is more of a Windows question, but here is a starting point:

Look into Task Manager. In the process list, look for any processes that are using up CPU cycles. That's the first place to look. If you DO see a process that is consuming large amounts of CPU time, you'll have found your culprit. If you haven't, there's a more serious issue, which could be anything from a bad driver to bad hardware. Post back here after checking it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-2-load.111257/
Relevancy 50.74%

I need help in understanding one simple thing that I find difficult to realise of my CPU You can see my specs I filled all and Core Weird Speed Behaviour Intel BSOD Occasional Clock High i7 of them in while registering My BIOS is fully up-to-date and except the battery which does not charge this laptop works fine I am not a wealthy-enough person to buy quot spare parts quot for Intel Core i7 Weird High Clock Speed Behaviour and Occasional BSOD my laptop to test it The problem I Intel Core i7 Weird High Clock Speed Behaviour and Occasional BSOD am encountering features my CPU an Intel Core i U which is designed to run at GHz as the benchmarks state Some time ago I noticed how the quot System Information quot windows in the Control Panel states the following on the quot Processor quot line quot Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz GHz quot and I always asked myself why does it have clock speeds Today having some spare times I wanted to go in depth and downloaded CPU-Z and discovered that the clock speed fluctuates between MHz and MHz which is much over than both and GHz Is this normal I never practiced overclocking BSODs are rare month and when they happen they are always of code x hal dll is the main problem then ntoskrn exe is also considered problematic BlueScreenView highlights them both red I know it is a hardware issue but I don't know what is it related to maybe to this Thank you in advance for your help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401234-intel-core-i7-weird-high-clock-speed-behaviour-occasional-bsod.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have this problem for a long time, today I decided to kill windows, and put a completely fresh setup. But the problem still persist.

I believe the problem lies in GPU drivers, not sure whatever it is an Intel or Nvidia, but one of these is a problem for me.

So, when I installed fresh windows the sleep option was dimmed, so I couldn't get to sleep, as I installed GPU drivers, sleep option was enabled, but than there is the problem described above. No, it's not a windows issue, same problem is with Windows 8!

Looks like "System Interupts" is using 18% CPU - whatever that is, it's using 1 core.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey People
I recently bought an AMD 6 core pc

It's really slow to load, it takes a good 3 minutes to load, and theres hardly anything to load, where as my dual core laptop loads just as fast :/

Why is this?
Thanks

A:6 core computer so slow to load.

Check out msconfig -> startup to see how much stuff is being loaded at the startup. Also check the number of running processes in the Task Manager after a reboot. Check the settings in your anti-virus software. Look in the device manager for unidentified devices and otherwise check that you have the latest drivers for your hardware.

Basically, very often the laptop manufacturers will install lots of bloatware in their products and all that stuff wants to run all the time. My new Sony laptop was running 90 processes in its maiden form! Naturally, it takes time to load all that stuff.

In addition, depending on the scheduled tasks and anti-virus settings the computer may be running some scans at start-up. My anti-virus is set to run a quick scan at start-up, but if at some point I want to do a deep scan and then forget to change settings, it will try to do the deep scan at the boot time, which will tremendously slow things down.

And of course there might be a driver problem. Are you running the pre-installed OS, or did you do a (hopefully) clean re-install? Sometimes - as was the case with my new Sony Vaio - Windows will not automatically find the right drivers. Results may range from low screen resolution to unidentified hardware to slower boot times (since Windows will try to do something about that hardware at boot time as well).

Any of the above may be your problem. There might be something else as well. A lot of people will advise you to run a thorough virus scan and also a scan with Malwarebytes or a similar anti-spyware product. I have personally never experienced any such problem (all scans are always negative), but this does not mean such problems do not exist.

Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/130488-6-core-computer-so-slow-load.html
Relevancy 50.74%

ive got all 8 threads pumping away and at full load its 70'c - is this normal or even safe?

thanks

EDIT: as soon as i cancel the 8 thread load it drops instantly to 50'c then quickly to 40'c ....

Relevancy 49.88%

I've been having fits, trying to get Acrobat to work. Trying to run it, I get an error message to the effect, "Adobe Acrobat Failed to Load its Core DLL." <br>

Things lock up. I need help, to make or read PDFs. This is a current version, installed about a month ago, which worked okay for maybe a week until the above problem surfaced.

Dave O.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1023 Mb
Graphics Card: S3 ViRGE DX/GX, 4 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 34718 MB, Free - 6654 MB;
Motherboard: Compaq, 0784h
Antivirus: Norton 360 Premier Edition, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Adobe Acrobat failed to load its CORE.DLL

Uninstall/Re-install?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-acrobat-failed-to-load-its-core-dll.1068305/
Relevancy 49.88%

when im playing games like need for speed hot pursuit 2010 in the task manager cpu 0 is at full load and cpu 1 is at idle, how to resolve this issue

i think its multi core rendering because in left 4 dead it has he same issue but after i turned of multi core rendering it has a balance load at cpu 0,1, but nfs has no multi core rendering settings

BTW i have no graphic card im using hd graphics

A:(Dual core) cpu 0 at full load when gaming

Why do you think you have a problem? If the game is not multicore aware it is not going to use multiple processor cores.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/317994-dual-core-cpu-0-full-load-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello, I just built a new computer with the following specifications:

Gigabyte P55A-UD4P with latest BIOS (SATA 3.0 & USB 3.0)
GSKILL RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600 CL9 (4 x 2GB)
Intel Core i7 860 (4 Hyperthreaded Cores @2.8GHz) - TDP: 95W
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Rev. 2
Saphire Radeon 5770
Corsair 650W PSU

While testing my CPU at full load using Prime95, I noticed Everest reports my CPU power draw as over 200 Watts. If the TDP for the i7 860 is only 95 Watts, how can it be drawing over double that at its stock 2.8GHz speed?

I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thank you.

A:Solved: Core i7 860 Using Over 200 Watts at 100% Load - Is This Normal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-core-i7-860-using-over-200-watts-at-100-load-is-this-normal.897216/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello.

I've got this Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Si 3655 Laptop, with the processor stated in the title, it's pretty old. Lately it started shutting itself down while under a load (playng Terraria.. Not that big of a load really). So I downloaded a tool and it's telling me I'm running at a steady 60C while under normal everyday use (browser open with a few tabs open, steam, skype). I don't belive this is normal since my desktop is running at around 40C while gaming. I give a guess that it runs at 50C idle.

Last time it was opened for cleaning was maybe an year ago. I don't know what it's normal temps are because I've never tested the heat before.

Is this way too high for a laptop?

A:Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 Running at 55-60C under low-medium load

ive got my quad core amd processor sitting at around 45-50 idle but ive overclocked it to 2.5ghz from the standard 1.5ghz, so id suggest giving it a clean out mate

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/316678-intel-core-2-duo-p8400-running-55-60c-under-low-medium-load.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings I just started a new job and the laptop I was given is having some Smitfraud-C CoreService issues From reading previous posts I understand posting the following HJT log is the first requirement Please advise as to the remaining steps required to correct this nuisance Logfile of HijackThis core.sys, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ & core.cache.dsk, core v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core Program Files Panda Software AVTC PavSrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent Pagent exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Scheduler pavsched exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent pagentwd exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PSKMsSvc exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PsImSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC ClShield exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs USBTip USBTip exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC SRVLOAD EXE C Program Files Panda Software AVTC WebProxy exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator PavReport PavReport exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Jason LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - ADF - E E- ad - F - E CD - C WINDOWS system dcssuwll dll file missing O - BHO no name - C - - CFC- - BEAD - C WINDOWS system jkkli dll file missing O - BHO no name - A D- B- EF - D- E - C WINDOWS system ljjigfd dll file missing O - BHO no name - B EDCDFD-EDE - D - F -A DD - C WINDOWS system qlrspsmb dll file missing O - BHO no name - d -fbb - e -adb - df d c - C WINDOWS system fveeooa dll file missing O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Apoint quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet... Read more

A:core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-cache-dsk-core-sys-hkey_local_machine-wsystem-controlset001-services-core.592146/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H
processor: AMD Athlon II X3 450 (Rana)

1. Unlocked 4th core through bios ACC options (became Phenom II X4 B50)
2. Played Fallout 3 for 4 hours.
3. Converted an HD video.
4. Prime95 for 12 hours. (no crash)
5. Shut down.
6. Booted it up the next day.
7. Restarted by itself when it go to the Starting Windows screen. (5 times)
8. Went into bios and increased vcore to 1.450v and vcpu-nb to 1.400v to no avail.
9. Changed back to tri-core and Windows loads properly.

My question is, what is the problem? Why is it that even after I ran so much stress testing without crashing, yet now it cannot even load the Windows welcome screen without restarting? Did the 4th core just suddenly decide not to work anymore?

A:Unlocked 4th core, stress tested but won't load Windows anymore...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unlocked-4th-core-stress-tested-but-wont-load-windows-anymore.973927/
Relevancy 49.02%

Friends,

I got this error message when trying to open a PDF.

"Acrobat failed to load it's core DLL" error.

I have looked on thier website, but I could not find help there.

Any ideas ?

A:Solved: Adobe Reader 8 failed to load it's core DLL ERROR

Friends,

I solved this my self by doing a little more research on Adobe's forums.

Link : http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.ee6b2f2/

It turns out it was a conflict with CA antivirus and Adobe. It matters what order they are installed .
To fix I unistalled CA anti-virus> rebooted> Uninstalled Adobe Reader>downloaded Reader 8.0>installed Reader.

Now no more error messages.
Plus my system seems a little faster.

I am considering NOT installing CA Anti-virus back on my system.
Maybe I'll try AVG Free Anti-virus for a while.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adobe-reader-8-failed-to-load-its-core-dll-error.566428/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello My computer has been taking longer to load during startup and specifically sometimes will not load the desktop at all At those times all I will see is my desktop background but no icons start button clock etc If this occurs I will have to Cntl-Alt-Del and restart It tells me that it needs to end a program and the program is called U Core Root Window If I restart generally the next time the full desktop will appear Is (and U load Root.Window Core Restore) also won't Won't desktop - System something going on with registry items Is it something else It s also been running worse in general over the last few weeks but Kaspersky virus software didn t find anything I tried to System Restore and it wouldn t let me restore to any of the U Core Root.Window - Won't load desktop (and also won't System Restore) restore points so that s a separate problem Why does it do that Can it be fixed My computer is U Core Root.Window - Won't load desktop (and also won't System Restore) Dell Inspiron E laptop Windows XP Thank you so much for your help - you guys have always done wonders for me in the past Here s a HiJack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanService exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avpui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanTray exe C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe C Program Files M PSNLite PsnLite exe C PROGRA M PSNLite PSNGive exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId ... Read more

A:U Core Root.Window - Won't load desktop (and also won't System Restore)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/u-core-root-window-wont-load-desktop-and-also-wont-system-restore.1121313/
Relevancy 48.16%

Okay,here is the thing-whenever I try to launch game(Battlefieldplay4free),pc starts to lag as hell.
The process behind all that seems to be svchost.exe which stresses hdd up to 99%.Why is that so?
I have Windows 8.
PC Specs:
Athlon II x3 450 3.2ghz
2gb ddr3 ram
MSI 760gm-e51(fx)
SG barracuda 250gb

A:High load on HDD

I don't know, specifically.
A couple common reasons:
First, the program is not booting properly. Some part of it is trying to get loaded, but is not able to complete that process. The attempting-to-complete keeps the hard drive engaged.

Second: with a freebie game or app, you often accept to download files that monitor your web-searching and send the info back to home base. Some downloads don't care how much their skulking program slows down your computer. If this is the problem, it is not exactly a 'virus,' since you accepted the whole deal. Uninstalling the game may not make this problem go away.

My guess would be the second story. You can figure out if it is the first by uninstalling and re-installing. Myself, I would try to get away from that program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-load-on-hdd.196376/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I was using windows 7 since 1 month, but today I had a problem with the cpu of my laptop it's so Hot and making a high sound I don't Know why.

is there anything I could do to fix this ?

Thanks

A:high CPU load

Probably the fan get it fixed. You may also want to use a cooling pad. I would get this solved soon or you may suffer expensive damage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/48412-high-cpu-load.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,
My processor load is very high and I see, that there are many tasks called WinRARExt.exe in the task manager. These tasks push the processor load very high. I think I got maleware, but I do not know how to remove it. I used Malwarebytes,McAfee,Anti Vir and Quick Heal, but no pogram has fixed the problem. Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you understand my problem. I will be very happy if someone can help me to solve the problem. Thank´s in advance.

A:processor load very high

Hello and welocome lets review the logs from these scans.Please follow our Removal Guide here How to remove Google Redirects. You will move to the Automated Removal InstructionsIf it finds something make sure Cure is selectedNext click Continue then Reboot nowA log file should be created on your C: drive named "TDSSKiller.txt" please copy and paste the contents in your next reply.I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the button.Push NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412231/processor-load-very-high/
Relevancy 47.73%

Good morning.
We have many computers where wmi service  uses 100% of CPU and locks the computer.
We noticed that stopping the service wmi the problem is resolved.
The client is connected to a sccm server 2012 and  is  using Forefront entpoint centralized protection.
Even disabling the service, after a few days the service restart (even if it is disabled) and generates the problem.
We suspect something about WSUS or Enpoint protection but we are not sure.
Thanks for your help

Andrea

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cffcea8e-724f-4a2e-a0e6-9f1f9f7ee51e/wmi-service-take-high-cpu-load?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi. I wonder if any body can help me.

My wife has an Acer Aspire Desktop. She is using MS Explorer 11.

She is constantly getting CPU load too high messages.

I have checked the CPU % and IE11 is at 47% and that is the main problem. She also had the same % using Firefox.

I checked my own PC running IE11 and Windows 10 and I get about 7%.

I suspect that there is a problem with her version of IE, but do not know how to sort it.

Can anybody help please.

Many thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/389536-help-cpu-load-too-high-error.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i'm on a dell xps m load and cpu temps high 100% and recently noticed the computer's running too hot between - C also noticed it's spiking to cpu usage with very little running MS outlook 100% cpu load and high temps and Mozilla thanks for any help advice my HJT log is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform 100% cpu load and high temps Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr 100% cpu load and high temps Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe C Program Files I kfanGUI I kfanGUI exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY quot C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot C Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe quot hide O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKCU Run i kfangui C Program Files I kfanGUI I kfanGUI exe startup O - HKCU Run Uniblue RegistryBooster c program files uniblue registrybooster StartRegistryBooster exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Gopher Prefix O - Protocol groo... Read more

A:100% cpu load and high temps

Hello, jrault
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .
We need to run a Scan with DDSPlease download DDS, and save it to your desktop, from one of the following mirrors:This is a mirror
This is another mirror

Disable any type of "Script Blockers" or "Script Protection" installed on your system.
Double click on your desktop.
If prompted by any script blocking tools, please allow any actions taken by DDS.
When prompted to preform an Optional Scan, please select
Two reports will open. Please reply with the generated reports:DDS.txt <-- Copy and paste into your next post
Attach.txt <-- Attach to your next post
We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:DDS.txt
Attach.txt
GMER's Log
Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/100-cpu-load-and-high-temps-310458.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have encountered a problem which is manifested right now by PDEngine useage load PC low High CPU under exe a defrag component of Perfect Disc by Rasco SW using from to of High CPU useage under PC low load CPU No obvious reason for this Perfect Disc program just updated in hope of solution but no change Have not tried uninstall amp reinstall SVChost exe running consistenly at about of CPU THis settled down overnight but upoon a restart this morning we are back at Task manager reports this instance as system No better info from Process Explorer just installed to assist in fault loaction The upshot is my PC is unbearably slow particularly to load programs High CPU useage under PC low load Naturally I have performed multiple scans looking for malware amp virus Avast is always on SuperAntiSpyware used to dump the stuff it normally finds AdwCleaner amp JRT also used together with Malwarebytes amp Emmisoft Malwarebytes Beta version of Anti Ransomware also always on Only Emmisoft found problems but all were on partitions other than C amp most were clearly false positives amp not found in previous checks by Emisoft Immediately before the above I experienced A complete inability to boot after a shutdown Nothing just blank screen multiple tries to no avail Then after a nights sleep I again try just for the heck of it amp lo it boots up but with the above problems This message after the eventual restart Redemption component was not found or is not properly registered Please contact Team support for assistance Team is the developer of Safe PSTBackup a program I have used for over months without problems Support has been contacted Current system report from Belarc Advisor attached FYI ER no not allowed apparently so detrails copy pasted below in part Would be very grateful for help I don't want to risk making things worse by guessing amp playing around Operating System Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed -Feb- PM Boot Mode Legacy BIOS in UEFI Secure Boot not supported System Model Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-D H Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a gigahertz Intel Pentium G kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Main Circuit Board b Board Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-D H Bus Clock megahertz UEFI American Megatrends Inc F Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- DB ATA Device Optical drive ST DM - YN Hard drive GB -- drive s n Z E ACG rev CC H SMART Status Healthy ST AS Hard drive GB -- drive s n VP RLA rev CC SMART Status Healthy TOSHIBA DT ACA Hard drive GB -- drive s n UDTZ AS rev MX OABB SMART Status Healthy TS GSSD Hard drive GB -- drive s n B rev N B SMART Status Healthy Memory Modules c d Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM ' has MB serial number A B A Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM ' is Empty Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM ' has MB serial number A B Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM ' is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive MB MB free e NTFS on drive GB GB free f NTFS on drive GB GB free g NTFS on drive GB GB free h NTFS on drive GB GB free i NTFS on drive GB GB free j NTFS on drive GB GB free k NTFS on drive GB GB free l NTFS on drive GB GB free m NTFS on drive GB GB free n NTFS on drive GB GB free o NTFS on drive GB GB free r NTFS on drive GB GB free s NTFS on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c

A:High CPU useage under PC low load

- (Temporarily) disable all Perfect Disc stuff. What happens to CPU & memory usage ?
- Open Task Manager (Services tab), highlight "Wuauserv" and right click on "Go To Process". Does it highlight a process called "Svchost" ? Does that instance of "Svchost.exe" use A LOT OF CPU ? If so, then you have a "Windows Update" problem.

- Another possibility is that your HD is failing. Run GSmartcontrol and tell us how many red(-ish)/pink lines show up in the "Attributes" tab (Excluding "Temperature").
http://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.net/home/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620344/high-cpu-useage-under-pc-low-load/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

1st I have Intel C2D E7200 2.53GHz 3MB Cach and 4GB of DDR2 RAM

2nd now i am using Windows 7 HomePremium 64-bit and installed the RC version of SP1

i am used to use Firefox all the time and it's always opened with about 10 or more tabs and beside this KIS,IDM,Yahoo! Messenger,Media Player Classic playing BRRip's movies or non HD videos , and sometimes i open ProgDVB also

all this and more was working fine and even i can't load 50 or 60% of processor and ram but i don't know what make a full usage 100% from CPU , is it firefox and it's plugins or there is something wrong with the RC SP1 or what ??

what is System Idle Process in Task Manager ?!

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2...2010093413.png

http://i54.tinypic.com/8vqn0p.jpg

Can any one help me detect where is the problem ?!

A:High CPU load without any reason !!!

Do a clean boot and tell me what happens

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/126010-high-cpu-load-without-any-reason.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've been scouting around for an answer to my problem for a few days now, but to no avail. I'll try and describe my problem as simply as I can.

After about 2-3 minutes, my computers cores start working overtime. When I move the mouse or use the computer again it calms down.

If I am playing a game with my Xbox controller, the problem happens and will only disappear on moving the mouse or hitting a keyboard key.

I've attempted to identify if it is a process that is hogging up my resources, but when I leave task manager running this problem does not occur.

All of my anti-virus/ Malware programs have had their auto scan options turned off when my computer is idling.

I've not had this problem before, it only flared up three days ago.
Any idea? Any help is greatly appreciated

A:[SOLVED] High load when idle

Hello tifauk & welcome to TSF

Does the problem occur when you use the controller for a different game?

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

See if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-high-load-when-idle-695864.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi since today my Laptop has serious problems with a completely loaded CPU and stucking processes I found the file siszyd exe as suspicious and mentioned frequently as dangerous I tried to remove it - siszyd32.exe?? High CPU load reason with Kaspersky tool but I cannot get rid of it Could you please help me As recommended here is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by kai at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access High CPU load - reason siszyd32.exe?? scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C FW ISS Proventia enabled B FC DC- DEA- FB -BCC -B EA D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Drive Encryption HpFkCrypt exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR Watchdog exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System SCardSvr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Intel AMT atchksrv exe C Program Files ISS Proventia Desktop blackd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe c WINDOWS system ifxspmgt exe C WINDOWS system IFXTCS exe C Program Files iPass iPassConnect iPassPeriodicUpdateService exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Intel AMT LMS exe C Program Files Neoteris Installer Service NeoterisSetupService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ c WINDOWS system IfxPsdSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C WINDOWS system Prot srv exe C WINDOWS system pstartSr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Intel AMT UNS exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe C Program Files iPass iPassConnect iPassPeriodicUpdateApp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS TEMP shifld old c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Embedded Security Software PSDrt exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe c windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR Service exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k Cognizance c program files internet explorer iexplore exe c program files microsoft office office outlook exe d documents and settings kai desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google de uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt BHO BE - B- -A D - ED F ED - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLL BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper d eda -e f- d -ac - de e a - c windows system AcroIEHelpe dll BHO Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools df f db- c - d - -b d ec - c program files hewlett-packard iam bin ItIEAddIn dll TB EA- A- B-ADF - D E CC - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun H PC Connection Agent quot c program files microsoft activesync wcescomm exe quot mRun ccApp quot c program files common files symantec shared ccApp exe quot... Read more

A:High CPU load - reason siszyd32.exe??

Hi,
I managed to remove the first part and the computer ran better a for a few days.
Now my connection icons are missing the connection status cannot be opened, powerschemes cannot be accessed and Symantec finds bankpatch.C in the typical files (powrprof.dll , kernel32.dll) but I cannot remove the damned thing at all even with the symantec removal tool etc.

Can you please help me?

Regards,
Kel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278847/high-cpu-load-reason-siszyd32exe/
Relevancy 47.3%

So I installed windows bit several days ago along with upgrading the ram to gig All was well Installed all available updates Installed my normal programs winamp AVG steam etc I also play world of warcraft Installed that played high CPU load causing dxgkrnl.sys for a while noticed that the performance is not as good as it was on Windows XP with only gig of ram Checked task manager CPU is - constantly Checked the Resource Monitor its showing the load is caused by something called quot System interrupts quot From the research I did I was able to run some diagnostics that indicates that dxgkrnl sys is the culprit I updated all drivers video both sound devices I have a creative sound card and a creative USP headset but no result I did a system restore back to the very first available restore point that windows created and the issue was gone I installed my programs again one by one keeping an eye on CPU usage all was fine I spiked somewhere after I installed Games for windows live but not when it was installed Uninstalling GFWL did not fix the issue I've clean booted windows same issue dxgkrnl sys is a DirectX Graphics Kernel driver file Any ideas I'm stumped here

A:dxgkrnl.sys causing high CPU load

Thanks for doing all that research - makes things easier for us.

Essentially, if updating the drivers of your video card and other multimedia devices didn't fix it then there is a high possibility of one of them being faulty.

Remove both your sound devices, and any other non-essential hardware items and see if it fixes it.

If you wish, run the http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post2545708 which collect system information so I can see if there are any other possible software causes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dxgkrnl-sys-causing-high-cpu-load-533904.html
Relevancy 47.3%

A couple of weeks ago I installed a driver an M-Audio fast Won't CPU load Usage High Apps track audio interface i purchased - at the same time i was afflicted by the following problem occasionally when i tried clicking on any High CPU Usage Apps Won't load program anything from paint to games to photoshop the hourglass would appear before the program would suddenly stop loading If I left it loading it would finally load about minutes later I checked the CPU and was perturbed High CPU Usage Apps Won't load to find CPU usage often spiked to - or even and RAM to similar outrageous levels I have several programs running at once yahoo messenger skype etc and closing them seems to help HOWEVER these episodes have been getting more frequent and it has got to the point where I boot up High CPU Usage Apps Won't load the system and can't open anything If I try to click on anything the same thing happens even if I try to open task manager to close the offending programs I'm not even sure if they are to blame completely Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it I don't want to have to reboot and re-install everything yet again Btw how do you disable programs from automatically starting up when you boot up again Anyway help is much appreciated

A:High CPU Usage Apps Won't load

It's possible you have some malware on your machine. Try running AdAware and SpyBot to check. To stop programs loading at startup Click Start>Run then enter msconfig in the box and press OK. On the startup tab you can deselect those programs you don't want to run at startup. You will be prompted to restart your machine. See if that makes any difference.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/high-cpu-usage-apps-wont-load-154205.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone Since this is my first post I wish you all the best and thanks for your help problem svchost.exe load cpu high I really appreciate it My problem is the following Since days my cpu load is always at maximum load I searched the web and found out that many people have the same problem The funny thing and this is the reason I started a new thread is When I open the task manager or svchost.exe high cpu load problem similiar programs like process explorer the cpu load goes back to idle or normal levels The reason I found out that svchost is causing the problem is simple I killed one svchost process at a time and when I got lucky the cpu load got idle again So I ask you if anybody has an idea why this is happening and why the cpu load idles out when I open the task manager Of course this is really annoying the only thing that is helping right now is that I have the task manager opened constantly Thx in advance opt prime

A:svchost.exe high cpu load problem

Take a look at this article. svchost is a Windows application that separates running services on multiple executables. The reason they did that is so that if one service fails then it wouldn't take down all running applications together. Thus it sounds like one of your services/applications is causing an issue.

Doing the following:
Will allow you to view which processes are being used for the svchost:
Using Process Explorer can give you more information that what the normal Task Manager would.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/267039-svchost-exe-high-cpu-load-problem.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I received a pc with a clean install of XP SP3 recently and there is no audio. Device Mgr shows nothing on the HDA Bus. Audio, modem, SM Bus Controller all show question marks.

I've tried installing the drivers from IBM (PC is a Thinkpad T60). Install completes but no change in HDA bus and obviously no sound. Someone suggested I go back and do the install at the SP2 level. This is not an option as the fresh install of XP was done at the SP3 level.

Any suggestions other than doing a fresh install with SP2, installing the driver and then applying SP3?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

David

A:XP SP3 Cannot load High Def Audio Bus - no sound

and welcome to the Forum

Install the chipset driver first . . then try the sound drivers. You may need the AAU drivers:

Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver available for Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Window 2000

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-sp3-cannot-load-high-def-audio-bus-no-sound-580659.html
Relevancy 47.3%

On my client s Sony Vaio laptop VGN-SZ M with MB an ST AS Seagate HD Vaio Solved: high on CPU DPC load partitioned into twice GB and WinXPSP Home EN the system has suddenly slowed to a crawl a few days back Unfortunately it s fairly hard to get my Solved: DPC high CPU load on Vaio client to explain what exactly she s done a few days ago prior to the change in performance Here are the symptoms System usually boots to CHKDISK recommending a full check of D but never finding any issues Boot sometimes completes to a healthy low-CPU state but that s uncommon and seems limited to booting with all startup items disabled When booting with startup items enabled and when launching any application after a boot w o startup items CPU load shoots to - and things slow down to a crawl or even a complete stop Task manager shows the System process claiming around with System Idle accounting for most of the remaining Process Explorer shows that of those more than half are actually attributable to System with the rest the responsibility of the Deferred Procedure Calls RATTV gives me this top-ten of DPC hoggers histogram totals per second atapi sys acpi sys NDIS sys Apfiltr sys i prt sys tcpip sys USBPORT sys VIDEOPRT sys portcls sys ntkrnlpa exe Device manager shows no troublesome devices Seagate disk checking tells me the HD is fine Looked into that specifically what with booting to CHKDISK and all Norton tells me there s no viruses at all Event Log tells me there are no errors worth noting What could be the problem here What would be my best avenue of attack nbsp

A:Solved: DPC high CPU load on Vaio

Additional info: did a system restore from the Vaio recovery disks. The problem returned immediately after the completed restore.

Disabled all devices I could and reverted to the generic disk driver for the HD. Problem seemed to disappear.

Selectively re-enabled devices until the problem reappeared. There seemed to be a 1:1 relationship between enabling the Texas Instruments PCMCIA driver and the reoccurence of the high DPCs.

Verified the diagnosis by again disabling all devices and re-enabling them one by one. Problem reappeared with other devices as well. Diagnosis apparently wrong.

Gave up and did a clean reinstall of Windows XP. So far, everything seems fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dpc-high-cpu-load-on-vaio.740998/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I am using 32bit Windows Vista, The networking card i use is a Belkin F5D9000 MIMO G+. I can connect to the internet absolutely fine and I can surf the web but, When it comes to watching video's on youtube or playing multiplayer games e.g MOH. It just disconnects from the network completely. I have Hamatchi installed not sure if that could be a problem. We have BT Infinity @ 40mbps but on the computer i get less than 1 mbps. Even when i have my laptop sat right next to the computer i have no problems with the laptop getting about 20 mbps.

I will provide more information as asked for

Thanks,

James

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-dropping-out-under-high-load.1028841/
Relevancy 47.3%

I just installed my new HTPC.

This is the spec:
=============
AMD A6 with dedicated AGU (ATI Radeon 6530 hd)
4 GB memory
Crucial 64 GB SSD
Win7 Professional 64 bit

I dedicated 512 MB for the AGU.

I noticed that the memory load on idle can reach up to 80%.
I checked the memory resource and even if sum up all processes physical memory I don't come near to amount windows is showing me.

I have ~30 processes running.

I'm out of ideas whats eating my memory.

Any ideas?

A:High memory load (~80% idle)

Have you opened msconfig and disabled any third-party software?

Start > Search Programs and Files > Type (without quotes) "msconfig" > Startup tab:

Disable any third-party software (typically bloatware) and keep your AV and any drivers which you may need.

Hope this helps,

Harry

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/254820-high-memory-load-80-idle.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

This problem appeared after I installed IE7. Basically any CPU intensive task, such as starting applications and running multiple CPU heavy tasks at a time makes my mouse stutter very badly. It's very difficult to steer the mouse. What makes things worse is that it appears also in CPU intensive games. So in FPS, I get jerky movement because of my mouse. I had an Logitech MX700 which I recently switched for an Razor DeathAdder, and both mice have exactly the same problem. It is definitely windows related.

I'd appreciate any ideas how to fix this problem. I wouldn't want to reinstall the whole system as I'll anyway do that in two months when I get a new pc, but until then this jerky mouse is terribly annoying.

My setup specs are:
Windows XP Pro SP2
Athlon Thunderbird 1,4GHz
768 MB RAM
Nvidia TI4600

Kaerwek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-stutter-on-high-cpu-load-142546.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there,

Seem to have something that is sitting in my processes on my Windows 7 x64 machine and eating up about 71% of the CPU.

Think I picked it up from a self extracting RAR (or so I thought).  On reboot WinRAR seems to start also and tries to extract those files (not sure if that's a spoof or not)

Thanks!

A:Macromedia.exe (coin-minder) CPU load high

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498004/macromediaexe-coin-minder-cpu-load-high/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hiya I've just over CPU load when High files network copying installed the Win RC on my lab-pc It's a GHz Celeron GB DDR-RAM everything installend on some old GB PATA-HDD Two hi-speed USB Keys are used for ReadyBoost love that feature Everything works like a charm except the file High CPU load when copying files over network transfer from my High CPU load when copying files over network WXP machine I mount the SMB share which is on my WXP from the W machine and start to copy some big files Transfer speed is MB sec on MBit MB sec on MBit and MB sec on GBit When I start file transfer the CPU load pops up to while MBit is active for and MBit it jumps to and stays there until the transfer is over Since I read about IRQ issues I tried some NICs An onboard SiS- an RTL based PCI card and an Intel Pro MT Desktop adapter I thought that - at last - the Intel NIC should stop my problems as it comes with IRQ moderation and TCP UDP checksum offload None of these NICs solved my problem All these NICs run on the driver W has found for them None of the vendors had a special driver for me What I tried to do in addition - disable W firewall - disable IPv - disable QoS - tried another CAT e cable - restart the switch Netgear GS - hit the whole machine Note of the above worked I just hope you just have an idea left for me Just ask if I missed out some details

A:High CPU load when copying files over network

Update: I just found & installed the new Intel Driver V14.2. Didn't help either

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/17348-high-cpu-load-when-copying-files-over-network.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hi i'm new here im not sure where i should post my problem but this seemed like the most appropriate place i have been recently experiencing unusual fps lag in counter-strike and stuttering in youtube Before my csgo ran at fps high - vHigh settings with aa now it is unplayable dipping down to s with frequent static noises i've tried lowering settings but makes little difference Lag is worst when people are multiple people shooting I have also experienced lag while watching youtube videos the video stutters produces static noises and distorts audio I can replicate this lag and audio distortion alsmost everytime if i scroll up and down when in Steam as steamwebhelper exe uses - of my cpu when doing so I don't know to lag and static audio high load due cpu unusual what is causing this problem as my computer was fine for a unusual lag and static audio due to high cpu load long time Things i've tried Turning off and on lol Updating drivers with driver booster Scanning for viruses using Panda malwarebytes and windows defender replugging peripherals using different peripherals turning off windows aero helped a bit disabling enabling unusual lag and static audio due to high cpu load audio drivers temperatures are normal http speccy piriform com results x hFL gIpj Bq fyT Cp MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Richard administrator on - - at Running from C Users Richard Downloads Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack X Model System Product Name Manufacturer System manufacturer Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name csgo exe version time stamp x d Faulting module name EasyHook dll version time stamp x b b Exception code xc Fault offset x cc f Faulting process id xa c Faulting application start time xcsgo exe Faulting application path csgo exe Faulting module path csgo exe Report Id csgo exe Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x System errors Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client User NT AUTHORITY Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client User NT AUTHORITY Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client User NT AUTHORITY Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client User NT AUTHORITY Description There was an... Read more

A:unusual lag and static audio due to high cpu load

I would suggest not using driver booster.  You should download drivers from the manufacturer's web site.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601147/unusual-lag-and-static-audio-due-to-high-cpu-load/
Relevancy 46.87%

hello i have a question about temperatures on HD ill start with my spec MB asus m a gtd pro usb phenom b x oc ghz x gb kingston hyper-x ddr ram gigabyte hd gb corsair tx v w psu as for cooling i have in case side cooler thermaltake x mm blow air inside on cpu thermaltake cooler too one zalman cooler back x mm blow air out and a x mm cooler in front blow air inside on hdds for idle work my temperatures are normal for MB c cpu c and gpu c but under load mb temperature goes to c cpu temperature on c as i assume is ok as before i was concerned about MB temperature before put in x side fan when MB temp hit c under load idle - c but recently got high-temperature under Gigabyte HD6970 load and concerned about temps under Gigabyte HD6970 high-temperature under load load when gpu diode is c but shaders temps show c Gigabyte HD6970 high-temperature under load under load is this normal for hd or i need to think how to cool down my gpu under load before had hd Gigabyte HD6970 high-temperature under load and it hit only c under load idle c nbsp

A:Gigabyte HD6970 high-temperature under load

Your video card is running hot, make sure your fan speed is throttling up when your gpu is active.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-hd6970-high-temperature-under-load.167199/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I have a problem. In the task manager -> system resources, I see that a process called svchost.exe(netsvcs) (if I'm correct) is using about 50% of cpu. The cpu is AMD dual core 2.81GHz.
This doesn't always happen. Right now, it uses 48 %. Should I be concerned? Is it a legitimate process or malware. Malwarebytes did not find anything at a quick scan.

Please help me with this metter.

EDIT: now, the all cpu load is 6%. Bitdefender online scanner found no infection...

A:svchost.exe(netsvcs) problem cpu load high

Hi kenobi,

'Svchost.exe' is a generic process that calls 'Services' in Windows and one instance of that process may call 5 or more 'Services'. If critical 'Services' are being used, close to 50% of CPU usage may not be abnormal.

You may want to check the 'Services' that are related to this process at any given instance. To check the 'Services', running this 'Process', you may right click 'svchost.exe' and click 'Services'; related 'Services' will get highlighted. You may want to 'disable' the 'Services' that are not critical.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/278294-svchost-exe-netsvcs-problem-cpu-load-high.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm having a lot of issues recently with my computer freezing or getting a BSOD whenever I am doing something that is high load on my computer like playing a game I'll be playing a game like Mass Effect or Aion and while playing the computer will either completely freeze Screen BSOD and during Freezes high-load. up unable to do anything and my sound BSOD and Screen Freezes during high-load. will repeat the last second or so of sound and I have to do a hard reboot to do anything again or my computer will get a BSOD do a memory dump and reset itself I have tried many things to fix this problem I'm not exactly sure what is wrong though I have updated drivers turned down settings to bare minimum and done virus and spyware checks both came out with nothing Nothing seems to change I only ever have these problems though while I am doing something like playing a game It doesn't make sense to me that anything else could be the cause than the increased usage of the computer from playing these games It seems to be more BSOD and Screen Freezes during high-load. often when it is a more advanced graphically recent game like Aion compared to an older game Normally when BSOD and Screen Freezes during high-load. I get a BSOD I get one of those error messages when I reboot that say quot Windows has recovered from a serious error etc quot and sometimes I get a helpful report on a problem but I never get that message anymore and I cannot figure out the problem I have attached a dxdiag txt in hopes that someone can help me figure out this problem If anyone needs anymore information from me I'd be glad to give it Thanks in advance Edit A small extra note that's important The lower the settings the less frequent the crashes For example if I play Aion on highest settings it will crash in minutes but if I put the game on lowest settings it will take hours to crash I had the game on earlier after this post with everything on Lowest I played fine for hours then went out to a store with the game on and came back to a frozen screen In reverse when I started playing it this morning it was on near highest settings and crashed every other minute I was lucky to have logged in before it crashed It seems though that no matter what it will eventually crash The only variables are how long it takes and what type of crash I will receive

A:BSOD and Screen Freezes during high-load.

P17.sys appears to be the problem, SoundBlaster drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255600/bsod-and-screen-freezes-during-high-load/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi A few months ago I noticed my desk top PC was slow and taking longer than normal to open web pages When Task Master is launched I notice the CPU usage goes slow high Computer CPU to Usage load and and up to while web pages try to load or a program is launched Often the download Computer slow and to load and high CPU Usage process will quot freeze quot and the PC is unresponsive while the usage stays at On ocassions the PC will quot crash quot while the CPU usage is at I have no idea what is likely to have caused this problem i e whether the problem is a reult of Malware Rootkit infection or a hardware component CPU malfunction As a starting point I have followed the instructions contained in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help downloading and running the following DeFogger program CD Emulation programs if any have been disabled DDS GMERScan results for DDS and GMER are attached When running GMER not only was the CPU usage constantly at but the scan would quot freeze quot for a period before continuing Needless to say it took some time to complete the scan If it is of any help basic details of my system are Windows XP Professional Service Pack Celeron reg CPU GHz GB of RAMObviously I am keen to identify the cause of this problem in order to return the PC to a more functional state If the cause can be established then I will hopefully be able to avoid a reoccurrence Any advice to overcome this problem would be gratefully received Thank youNonic

A:Computer slow and to load and high CPU Usage

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447636/computer-slow-and-to-load-and-high-cpu-usage/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all I have posted here before about BSOD issues and I thought they had stopped after your help Alas they have returned with a vengeance The BSODs usually happen when the CPU is under load they happen often when playing DotA and every time when high under when by temps. load, CPU not caused BSOD running wprime I have ran wprime in conjunction with Hwmonitor in order to observe the CPU getting to C when at load I have a closed loop water cooler corsair H on my CPU and it is not overclocked My GPU is an R X powercolor turboduo which I have not touched OC-wise PSU is a corsair CX W Mobo is an Asrock Fatality Z X killer RAM is Kingston HyperX BSOD when CPU under load, not caused by high temps. beast not OCed Dump files attached here VAPOREON- zip I believe I have BSOD when CPU under load, not caused by high temps. followed all the steps suggested in my previous post BSOD playing Dota Terraria - Hal dll If I need to provide any more information please just let me know Thank you Update Processor has just passed intel processor diagnostic tool test -running more tests now

A:BSOD when CPU under load, not caused by high temps.

Hi adamantoise,

I see you are running on windows 10 pro.
Since this forum is for windows 8, I suggest to click here (link to tenforums.com BSOD part) and open a new thread .
There I will gladly help you.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70575-bsod-when-cpu-under-load-not-caused-high-temps.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am having system performance issues on my desktop machine I have traced the cause to one of the instances of svchost exe which is typically taking more than of the CPU svchost.exe high extremely CPU causing load and frequently up to I have a process svchost.exe causing extremely high CPU load monitor app System Explorer which shows that when this problem occurs the instance of svchose exe that is causing the problem invariably is hosting two executables that are svchost.exe causing extremely high CPU load part of the Windows Mouse amp Keyboard Center As shown by the process svchost.exe causing extremely high CPU load monitor the relevant fragment of the process tree is as shown below svchost exe -k netsvcs taskeng exe very long alpanumeric string A class ID ipoint exe itype exe The excessive CPU load is attributed the svchost exe The quot children quot typically show zero load I also have a laptop and when I examine the process tree on that machine I also find the same svchost exe as the parent of the same children but the CPU loading on that machine shows zero CPU load for the entire stack except for times when I am moving the mouse around when ipoint exe shows a few flashes of non-zero load typically which is neglibible So something is clearly amiss on the desktop The question is what and what can be done to remedy the problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/svchost-exe-causing-extremely-high-cpu-load.1167670/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi A few months ago I noticed my desk top PC was slow and taking longer than normal load high to usage slow and CPU Computer is to star up load programs and open web pages etc When Task Master is launched Computer slow to load and CPU usage is high I notice the CPU usage goes up to while web pages try to load or when a program is launched etc Often the process will quot freeze quot and the PC is unresponsive while the usage stays at On ocassions the PC will quot crash quot while the CPU usage is at Recently when I start the machine the error message quot Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service quot will appear I get around this by pressing the reset button on the front I have no idea what is likely to have slowed the PC or why the CPU usage is so high i e whether the problem is a result of Malware Rootkit infection or a hardware component CPU malfunction Thinking the problem may be caused by an infection I followed the instructions contained in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Toola and Requesting Help before posting a new topic in the quot Virus Trogan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs quot Forum I have been receiving advice and assistance from quot mOle quot Malware Response Group who after running a number of scans and not finding any infections suggested the following quot There is clearly a hardware problem and often using a resource-heavy scan such as ESET flushes them out The CPU problem plus the fact that we ve never found any evidence of malware points to a more pressing problem This topic needs to be moved to a more appropriate forum so you can get some help diagnosing this fault Here s the XP forum link quot If it is of any help basic details of my system are Windows XP Professional Service Pack Celeron CPU GHz GB of RAMObviously I am keen to identify the cause of this problem in order to return the PC to a more functional state If the cause can be established then I will hopefully be able to avoid a reoccurrence Any advice to overcome this problem would be gratefully received Thank youNonic

A:Computer slow to load and CPU usage is high

Pleasee send a PM to Mole and ask him to close your malware topic now. The absence of malware has been asserted and keeping the topic open (at this point) serves no purpose.

Website policy is to generally not have two possible topics open on the same issues, thus minimizing the chance for confusion and conflicting suggestions/approaches.

To give us some basic info, please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .

<<Recently, when I start the machine the error message "Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system. DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." will appear.>>

FWIW: Profile problems may be the result of damaged files...which, in turn, may be the result of a failing hard drive.

How large is your Windows partition...and how much free space currently exists on it?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448795/computer-slow-to-load-and-cpu-usage-is-high/
Relevancy 46.01%

Dear Community,

I successfully restored an Image to a new and bigger SSD (with Paragon), this was fine.

Problem: Activity of my computer is high despite nothing is done:
- Processor load is at least 40%
- RAM load at least 60
- AVast antivirus seems to analyse something continiously
- Mouse Icon is always with the "wait i'm doing something" turning circle

I made a SFC /scannow, no issue.

Am I missing something?

kr

Elwood

A:High Processor and RAM Load after successful Image Restore

Did that Avast Antivirus came also from the image you restored?
I would suggest getting that out from your system first, i have read so many previous post here about the status of Avast AV.
not that i am making avast look bad.
Try installing MSE instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/365191-high-processor-ram-load-after-successful-image-restore.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Computer has been acting out of character as of late someone had been using my computer and fear they visited a not so friendly site DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Erik Vaux at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Security Suite Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C high Chrome CPU and is Firefox load slow, level at windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Chrome and Firefox load slow, CPU is at high level windows Explorer EXE C windows system ctfmon exe C Users Erik Vaux AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Erik Vaux AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Erik Vaux AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Users Erik Vaux AppData Local Chrome and Firefox load slow, CPU is at high level Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Erik Vaux AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Erik Vaux AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Erik Vaux Downloads r eu exe C Users Erik Vaux AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C windows system ctfmon exe C windows system conhost exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www espnchicago com mStart Page hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSNA amp bmod TSNA uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll mURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton security suite engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra mif ba office GR A DLL BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll uRun swg quot c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot uRun Google Update quot c users erik vaux appdata local google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun RtHDVCpl c program files realtek audio hda RtHDVCpl exe mRun ... Read more

A:Chrome and Firefox load slow, CPU is at high level

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 31. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435297/chrome-and-firefox-load-slow-cpu-is-at-high-level/
Relevancy 46.01%

hard drive integrity find can someone load, cant slow, over? high look Vista cpu anything real, scan pass password Vista slow, high cpu load, cant find anything real, can someone look over? removed external virus scan done external malwarebytes scan found hit in windows temp folder internal malwarebytes scan no hits i have been removing files from startup registry HKLM and HKCU Run and there doesnt seem to be much difference one thing i see is a HUGE list of svchosts i have been looking into services and shutting them down one by Vista slow, high cpu load, cant find anything real, can someone look over? one i believe there is improvement now but i am not sure if i am done yet before it was cpu load of - on standby now its a cpu load of around on standby which seems fine but its still seems to be spiking and im not sure if im done yet computer has norton gb ram gb hdd w gigs free does not need to be defrag'd celeron cpu ghz toshiba satillite l -s Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Service Station TSS exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Easy Photo Print - DD - F- -A CA- DF AC EA - C Program Files Epson Software Easy Photo Print EPTBL dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Easy Photo Print - DD - F- -A CA- DF AC EA - C Program Files Epson Software Easy Photo Print EPTBL dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - H... Read more

A:Vista slow, high cpu load, cant find anything real, can someone look over?

this is why im here...

the computer was running AT&T wireless modem through wireless network, 3 IE8 windows, and windows update downloading 3 updates
and
svchost just balooned to 200megs ram, pid 1216, controlling following services:

wuaserv - windows update
winmgmt - windows management instrumention
themes - themes
shellhwdetection - shell hardware detection
sens - system event notification service
seclogon - secondary logon
schedule - task scheduler
rasman - remote access connection manager
profsvc - user profile service
mmcss - multimedia class scheduler
lanmanserver - server
iphlpsvc - ip helper
ikeext - ike and authip ipsec keying modules
eaphost - extensible authentication protocal
browser - computer browser
bits - background intelligent transfer server
appinfo - application information
aelookupsvc - application experience

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-slow-high-cpu-load-cant-find-anything-real-can-someone-look-over-474455.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,
I have just optimised my computer with Auslogics BoostSpeed 5 and it runs faster. After this, I used MZ 7 Optimizer to further improve performance. My computer actually boots faster but when the boot process has finished and my PC shows the Welcome Screen, my hard disk loads heavily for "no reason"(?)... MSE, some Windows 7 Gadgets and Touchpad Driver are the only startup items. Please can you help me fix this? Thanks in advance.

A:Fast Boot, but high disk load (64-bit Ultimate)

Quote: Originally Posted by DjProDG

Hello,
I have just optimised my computer with Auslogics BoostSpeed 5 and it runs faster. After this, I used MZ 7 Optimizer to further improve performance. My computer actually boots faster but when the boot process has finished and my PC shows the Welcome Screen, my hard disk loads heavily for "no reason"(?)... MSE, some Windows 7 Gadgets and Touchpad Driver are the only startup items. Please can you help me fix this? Thanks in advance.

You computer isnt any faster. It just puts off loading things to get you to the desktop faster, hence the disk activity after the fact.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/133959-fast-boot-but-high-disk-load-64-bit-ultimate.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Since about a few weeks ago I noticed that when I leave my PC idle and if I don't press any key or use the mouse for about to minutes some rogue svchost exe process will start utilizing stealthily high causes load Rogue svchost.exe process CPU about - of CPU resources As Rogue svchost.exe process stealthily causes high CPU load soon as I move the mouse pointer or press any key which is necessary if I'm to find out which process it is that process seems to vanish completely and the CPU load goes back to normal I tried to locate which particular svchost exe file it is by leaving sysinternals process explorer running I hoped to find out its PID but it seems that even its PID gets changed from one time to another It seems that the process not only stops using a lot of CPU resources when the PC is not idle anymore but that it completely stops running I ran ESET Smart Security several times and it doesn't find anything suspicious Does anyone have some suggestions as to how I could locate the problematic process and hopefully get rid of it once and for all

A:Rogue svchost.exe process stealthily causes high CPU load

Just some ideas.

Check if you have anything Scheduled.
Check and see if you have your security System to scan.
Check and see if indexing is completed.
Check and see if you have MRT running.
Check and see if you have any Auto Updating programs.
Do you have any Auto Cloud backup programs running

I would also recommend running Malwarebytes to be sure.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/lp4/...FYI_aQodaw4AWw

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361346-rogue-svchost-exe-process-stealthily-causes-high-cpu-load.html
Relevancy 46.01%

ok I started over at the am I infected http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page gopid entry I was experiencing loss Space HD - ZeroAccess CPU High Disapearing/ rootkit Load of hard drive space gigs at a time then i noticed that my cpu usage was maxed just about all the time with a svchost exe I changed my virus software from avast to advanced system care One day i saw advanced wasnt anywhere to be found so i reloaded it and scanned system found nothing i later installed avast back on when i saw the hard drive space drop and cpu usage maxed out it found infected files I moved them to chest and closed window Avast asked if i wanted to setup a scan on next startup so i did and restarted ZeroAccess rootkit - HD Space Disapearing/ High CPU Load my computer Computer was acting very slow so i exited the scan when it finally started my whole desktop was gone and started saying loading personal settings A lot of desktop icons and backround is gone all of my book marks or favorites in firefox and explorer ZeroAccess rootkit - HD Space Disapearing/ High CPU Load are gone also I tried to do a system restore to before avast and nothing changed so i reverted it back I found in my document and settings folder it made multiple folders with similar names so its loading off the wrong folder How do i get it back to the right one and fix the other problem I am also finding installers keep trying to run to i guess fix software i have ZeroAccess rootkit - HD Space Disapearing/ High CPU Load installed They had me run thru security check fss minitoolbox aswmber and malware bytes quot which malwarebytes is still scanning They mentioned i have a ZeroAccess rootkit They said make new post here and run DDS Here are the logs created by DDS DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Imprezzive at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Advanced SystemCare Ultimate Enabled Updated C DC - D - DB -B A- B ECFD AV ZoneAlarm Security Suite Antivirus Disabled Outdated D B - C- CAB- FF - B B F CF AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW ZoneAlarm Firewall Enabled Running Processes C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate ascsvc exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate ascavsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system lxdicoms exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdimon exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdiamon exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate ASCTray exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate Monitor exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k nets... Read more

A:ZeroAccess rootkit - HD Space Disapearing/ High CPU Load

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Close any open browsers, and all other programs working. Make sure you save your file if working on a document.
Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.[/b]
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDo not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Search.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).Please post the logs and let me know if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483604/zeroaccess-rootkit-hd-space-disapearing-high-cpu-load/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Dual i3-4005U A4-5000 AMD Core" Core "Quad Intel vs Core guys I've been looking at laptops they are basically identical but one has an Intel Core i - U mobile processor and GB of RAM and the other one has an AMD A - mobile processor and GB RAM The guy at the store and a couple other people I know told me that the Core i is better than the A as the AMD quot Quad Core quot processors aren't very good AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core so even though the Intel i is only dual core it will be better than the quad core AMD The other question is the RAM Is GB that much better than GB or will GB be fine for basic use That's all this laptop is for Basic use and touch apps since it will be touchscreen The AMD laptop is this one Buy the HP Pavilion Notebook - AMD A GB at TigerDirect ca And the Intel here Buy the HP TouchSmart Notebook PC - F W UA ABL at TigerDirect ca Last question what the hell is DDR L All the new laptops have it nowadays Is it backward compatible with normal DDR laptop RAM Meaning can I take a normal laptop DDR GB stick out of my dads laptop and put it into the GB i laptop if thats the one i'm gonna get Or does the DDR quot L quot part cause issues Thanks Edit Sorry i'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread If it isn't mods could you please move it Thanks

A:AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core

Hmm, I guess you should read some reviews. But just from the specs the AMD has 6 GB ram instead of 4. Has a DVD burner where the Intel shows no optical drive. It only has W8 8.0 where the Intel has 8.1. But some people may prefer 8.0.

Read reviews. See how each performs. If you don't wish to use it to burn DVD then the optical drive, or lack thereof may not matter to you.

Edit: Oh, and the AMD is about $80 cheaper.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/43107-amd-a4-5000-quad-core-vs-intel-core-i3-4005u-dual-core.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm trying to provide some desktop support for a co-worker who is using Windows on a laptop The heart of the problem as far as I can tell has to do with operating on a network with a lot of Apple machines all using OS X afaik The problem she's experiencing is cpu load and memory usage that climbs until it essentially causes the machine to be unusably slow load stable close to at memory usage typically at least - I believe it has to do with the mixed network because she does not have the same problems at home or on any other network she's used at which times I suspect a much higher ratio of Windows to Apple machines using the network involved than she has at work Also her machine is recently updated and is being updated again as I type this and I haven't found any probative entries in the event logs etc I've perused (with network high mixed X) OS usage on 7 Windows cpu load/memory and no Windows 7 high cpu load/memory usage on mixed network (with OS X) reports of hardware or driver issues It is possible that Skype enters this picture as not running it seems to help a little with the load problem However it can't be the root cause as she uses Skype at home on the same machine without problems I've searched extensively for some information that would illuminate this problem but have found very little and the most promising related questions I've found anywhere remain unanswered currently I've already followed several suggestions I've found that seemed promising such as disabling autotuning disabling RDC using Microsoft's online network diagnostics tool viewing performance and resource reports all to no apparent avail She has also replaced her original network card with a newer one Staple's told her it had to do with an old network card and or drivers which also turned out not to provide any lasting benefits she ultimately returned the new card when the problem returned Also note that this is not a file sharing issue as she isn't attempting to access files on any other local machine and vice versa afaik The OS X machines are not experiencing any networking problems either so the problem seems to be on the Windows side I'm primarily a Linux user left to my own devices though I use OS X at work and I'm pretty new to it and am rusty at Windows support and XP are the last versions I used with any frequency and it's been a few years I'm feeling a little out of my depth I'm hoping somebody here with more experience at Windows and or Mac networking can shed a little light on this

A:Windows 7 high cpu load/memory usage on mixed network (with OS X)

If you were to take (whilst the problems are occurring, of course) a screenshot of the task manager (sorted by CPU usage), showing the CPU load, and a second screenshot of resmon.exe (on the memory tab), showing the memory usage, and posting them here, that would be of great assistance in getting started.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-high-cpu-load-memory-usage-on-mixed-network-with-os-x-601580.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Guys I have have this horror issue with my PC I have even changed the hardware configuration and GUI high after 7, load Windows to fails correctly, desktop display the problem still persists My PC fails to display the desktop correctly after using highly RAM intensive applications especially Chrome but even after getting the chance to close Windows 7, desktop GUI fails to display correctly, after high load it or waiting for it to crash by itself the PC is still not able to display correctly the GUI even on other browser applications as shown in the screenshots st Hardware Config Intel Core Quad Q x GB DDR MSI P motherboard Ati Radeon x video card Software used that seemed important for me to mention NOD v Comodo Firewall Chrome Screenshot Captor SpeedFan Other mentions Aero is disabled because I've considered that it's one of the causes So I've considered that it's a RAM issue or a videocard issue and I've upgraded to Intel Core i k x GB DDR Asus P Z V-LX motherboard Intel GPU integrated in the k CPU The problem just happened times on this rig also and the RAM was not even coming close to it's maximum capacity of GB It was at GB's Also this is another videocard Intel's integrated GPU so we can exclude the videocard from the suspects My suspects some desktop manager bugs or other similar issue video memory allocation - I'm still suspecting that it can be caused by the amount of RAM dedicated to the videocard currently I think that it is at MB some poorly designed components of Chrome Screenshot Captor - still very questionable since there are enough resources on this system so there should be no fight over resources And when the system is barely used there are no issues Adobe Shockwave Flash - maybe this one I have attached a set of screenshots here these were taken on the st configuration of my PC using Q http imgur com a Mc hI Notice how it distorts the image by duplicating it and showing it in a smaller space or how does it displays those black rectangles In those moments the PC is fully functional the apps are running the background without being slowish or something but you can hardly control it like that For example I've tried to remove the mouse from the USB and then I've insterted it back the image was not displayed correctly but the mouse was recognised instantly and the pointer was controlable Same thing still happens on the new configuration Please advise me OS is Windows x SP Professional and it's Geniune There is no cracked software on this PC No games I've tried to maintain it as clean as possible

A:Windows 7, desktop GUI fails to display correctly, after high load

Not a single ideea in 4 months?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275728-windows-7-desktop-gui-fails-display-correctly-after-high-load.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi started having BSODs and freezes about a month ago thought i was related to the rams and i changed my rams to Kingston gb but i didnt solve my and gpu load) Freezes playing Crashes 7E BSOD while games(high problem t BSOD 7E Crashes and Freezes while playing games(high gpu load) happens randomly and only sometimes it gives bsods and the other times it just freezes with a buzzing noise t happens randomly and it happens almost instantly when i start playing Battlefield Bad Company x or any lower resoution bsods happen in any other game My Setup Asus M A TD-V Evo Amd Athlon II X GHz Kingston KHX C D K GX Sapphire GB Video Card GB HDD TB backup drive HDD or Watt Xigmatek Psu Windows Ultimate x Memcheck sfc scannow and chkdsk all clean did the SF Diagnostic Tool you can find the contend dont have mini dump instead i have memory dump here MEMORY rar download - shared n Eventwvr bug check says The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e xffffffffc xfffff a ff xfffff xfffff ef A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - am experienced in T would be very happy if you could help me with this problem

A:BSOD 7E Crashes and Freezes while playing games(high gpu load)

Can somebody help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/261729-bsod-7e-crashes-freezes-while-playing-games-high-gpu-load.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My Network Network x64 high Adapter load Stops 7 Windows on working has been failing and it has been happening for about Windows 7 x64 Network Adapter Stops working on high load a month or so on Windows x I dont think that the system configuration is the problem as it is happening on seperate machines One being a relatively beefed up quot Windows 7 x64 Network Adapter Stops working on high load white quot box gig OCZ ram EVGA nForce I SLI Mobo Q Quad core processor dual raid - Gig Raptors GTX SLI cards Pure Power W PS The second machine is an IBM Netbook Windows 7 x64 Network Adapter Stops working on high load S I use the Netbook as a media center connected to a Pioneer Elite HD One thing is I have a PS and have several TB Esata drives connected to an IOGear Esata Gb pciX card to my desktop My typical usages FTP from a private server Streaming music via Winamp Streaming video from pc to PS via the PS Media Server DLing demos or movies on the PS Network streaming a movie from the Esata drives to the bedroom or kids rooms Streaming video from abc com or southparkstudios com from the Cox cable modem RDC over VPN to work machinesNow I have noticed that when I am streaming HEAVILY from any of the above mentioned my network connections will simply stop working with a yellow exclamation mark on the task bar network icon after a few moments nothing in the event logs no logs or ANYTHING at all It will simply stop working no notifications or anything poof gone I have EVERY single patch driver anything I can think of installed Nothing works the timing is completely random FYI I have a NETGEAR ProSafe VPN Firewall FVX with a cable modem connection on WAN and a cellular connection on WAN these have no impact I feel on the connections because the PC may go down or the Netbook will go down depending on which one has the most load So this simply tells me that it it not a firewall router problem as I have tried using a cisco unmanaged port GB switch and I get the same problems From analyzing the systems and layout I am led to believe that it is either a network adapter driver OR a Windows problem collisions unhandled exception this NEVER happened with XP or Vista I have tried everything but a new network adapter I have tried the secondary adapter card on the mobo I have tried bridging the two I have tried daisy chaining the switch and putting each machine on its own dedicated switch linked to each other with no change When the network goes down it is only that box effected all other machines still connect to each other fine only the one with load shuts down and the only ones that shut down are Windows These machines are all wired with commercial cat e patch cables they have all been swapped for new ones lately All networking and PC equipment are on UPS so I doubt voltage variations Windows Firewall is disabled I only use the hardware firewall I do not use any antivirus I am completely out of options can anyone recommend a new route In addition when I go to the command prompt and attempt to do an ipconfig release I get an error saying that the adapter is not in a usable state Very irritating this forces me to reboot or right click disable enable on the network adapter The right click route takes almost a minute to complete Tried update driver in nvidia control panel no luck I have also turned off the networking power saver option in the adapter settings

A:Windows 7 x64 Network Adapter Stops working on high load

Hi,

Considering this issue occurs on 2 different machines, I also think this issue may be more hardware related. You may also try the following:

1.    If the computers are connecting to a router, please ensure the router?s firmware is up-to-date.

2.    Please run the following command in an elevated command prompt in Windows 7:

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled

3.    Disable SNP in Windows 7 by setting Registry as following:
Note: Please perform a full-system backup first.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
EnableTCPChimney=dword:00000000
EnableTCPA=dword:00000000
EnableRSS=dword:00000000

If the keys do not exist, please create them and assign the value.

An update to turn off default SNP features is available for Windows Server 2003-based and Small Business Server 2003-based computers

4.    If the issue persists, please add another network adapter to this computer and see how it works.

Hope this helps. Thanks. Nicholas Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/14fc08fb-f62b-4f86-b59f-d7a4d685b3fe/windows-7-x64-network-adapter-stops-working-on-high-load?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,
I see permanent high cpu load caused by 'interrupts'  - about 20%. This is Windows 7. Deactivating the I217 NIC reduces that load to about 3%. Driver version is 12.12.50.7205.
What would you recommend to do?

Thanks, Jeff

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989557
Relevancy 45.58%

My CPU temp is sitting at 27 deg. Celsius.

My Core temp is sitting at 57 deg. Celsius.

These are my idle temps.

The room is fairly cold.

I have a large exhaust fan, 1 intake fan from the top, one intake fan from the side, and a stock heatsink / fan on my processor.

I don't know what my base temps were before this started happening but under load my cpu comes up to about 45 - 55 and my core goes 75+.

They system freezes up when it idles at 75 for too long.

I tried cleaning off and replacing the thermal compound. Maybe needs more compound? But the CPU says that its cool....
ANY IDEAS!?!?

Relevancy 45.15%

My computer is running slowly and even when I have nothing else opened it causes my Yahoo Messenger Phone in calls to sound mechanical Since this is my only phone I need to be able to make and recieve calls so I need to be sure that my computer is not bogged down with processes I have an AMD with gig of ram running Windows XP Here is my HJK log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI Phone interfering with calls. Messenger High, Computer Yahoo Load MSKSrvr Computer Load High, interfering with Yahoo Messenger Phone calls. exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C Program Files ESPNRunTime DIGServices exe Computer Load High, interfering with Yahoo Messenger Phone calls. C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcregwiz exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exe C Program Files Macrogaming SweetIM SweetIM exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C WINDOWS system regscan exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http login live com login srf wa ly http mail live com default aspx amp id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - C Program Files Macrogaming SweetIMBarForIE toolbar dll O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SWEETIE - A AADCD- A - b f- F-E BB A E A - C PROGRA MACROG SWEETI toolbar dll O - BHO PK IE Plugin - E B - FF- D - D -D ACAC A - D Program Files BPK bpkwb dll O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll file missing O - BHO McAfee PopupKiller - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkil... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-load-high-interfering-with-yahoo-messenger-phone-calls.684505/
Relevancy 45.15%

hey all my Pinnacle PC Studio TV card died a couple of months Card M798 load Dscaler PCIe TV when | temp I High Avermedia CPU back Avermedia M798 PCIe TV Card | High CPU temp when I load Dscaler and I could not get a new one from Pinnacle from my local dealer So I went for the next available option which is this PCIe TV capture card from Avermedia I watch all my TV using Dscaler which imho is the best tv software ever made for windows Yes I know its no longer being updated and is pretty old but it never disappoints me and I have tried many other softwares but they have this problem or the other Anyways ever since I upgraded to this Avermedia card I am facing a peculiar problem Whenever I load Dscaler to watch TV my CPU temps shoot up like crazy by about degrees celcius from what it currently is running at Now what's weird is that there is no CPU usage from Dscaler I can understand high temps if Dscaler was burning my CPU but its not CPU usage with Dscaler running is at - but the temps are shooting up like crazy and they stay there until I turn off Dscaler Then they go back to the normal range Just so you know I have tried other softwares but they all seem to have the same problem so from what I can gather its something to do with the stupid Avermedia card and not my CPU or the TV watching software Never faced such a problem with Pinnacle but now I am stuck with it I have the latest drivers installed from Avermedia's site and don't see any fixes there around this not even sure if they are aware of this problem Anyone with any pointers to fix this would be really appreciated Thanks in advance Config i - Ghz Avermedia M PCIe TV Card GB DDR RAM Win Ultimate -Bit SP

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/396396-avermedia-m798-pcie-tv-card-high-cpu-temp-when-i-load-dscaler.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have some domain controllers on branch offices, that has 2 interface cards, as 1 interface is linked to a backup device, for this example, lets call them Network and Backup.
I have specifically defined in the config of the ATA LGW that it should only capture traffic from Network card, but whenever the backup solution starts it will generate 50-60% traffic load on Backup card, and ATA LGW then reports more traffic then it can
handle and drops some traffic.
The Network card is basically idle with nothing much to do.. CPU is average 2% and memory load is 40%, but 10Gb available still.
When backup job finishes, the Health status goes back to normal.
Bug somewhere?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9be39ad3-32a9-4a26-905c-f35f65bf83e9/dropped-port-mirroring-when-traffic-load-on-not-monitored-card-is-high?forum=mata
Relevancy 44.72%

Recently started having this problem every web page I attempt to load takes forever No other legitimate programs running using the internet Sniffing packets shows that something is hitting the web hard and constantly I'm thinking this is why my page load times are so horrendous Ran the Panda Scan that the -step guide to posting here suggested the log file from it is as follows ANALYSIS - - PROTECTIONS MALWARE SUSPECTS PROTECTIONS Description Version Active Updated Trend Micro Internet Security No No MALWARE Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location Cookie Doubleclick TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings Jacob McCool Cookies jacob mccool doubleclick txt Cookie Atlas DMT TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings Jacob McCool Cookies jacob mccool atdmt txt Cookie Advertising TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings Jacob McCool bandwidth Virus?...Please High Help! load usage? Extremely webpage times, long Cookies jacob mccool advertising txt Cookie PointRoll TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings Jacob McCool Cookies jacob mccool ads pointroll txt Cookie Atwola TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings Jacob McCool Cookies jacob mccool atwola txt SUSPECTS Sent Location VULNERABILITIES Id Severity Description MEDIUM MS - My HijackThis log is as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon Extremely long webpage load times, High bandwidth usage? Virus?...Please Help! exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS Extremely long webpage load times, High bandwidth usage? Virus?...Please Help! ehome mcrdsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Extremely long webpage load times, High bandwidth usage? Virus?...Please Help! Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files ASUS AI Nap AiNap exe C Program Files ASUS PC Probe II Probe exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files UltraMon UltraMon exe C Program Files ResChanger ResChanger exe C Program Files UltraMon UltraMonTaskbar exe C Program Files ASUS AASP aaCenter exe C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Go CTCMSGo exe C Program F... Read more

A:Extremely long webpage load times, High bandwidth usage? Virus?...Please Help!

I know it hasn't been 72hrs, but more symptoms have developed since I posted my log. They are as follows: Windows Media Center has ceased functioning, and my computer no longer recognizes my TV-tuner card. I get a message to install a "New High Definition Audio Device" upon startup, when no such new hardware device has been installed. Right clicking on anything causes Explorer to lock-up, but I can still use the Task Manager to end the Explorer task, and run Explorer.exe to restart it. Trend Micro will no longer start up, either through the startup process or by running the program. Here is a new HijackThis log file since these symptoms started:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:10:58 PM, on 9/24/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\Module Loader\DLLML.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CTXFISPI.EXE
C:\Program Files\ASUS\AI Nap\AiNap.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\PC Probe II\Probe2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTXFIHLP.EXE
C:\Program Files\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi\DVDAudio\CTDVDDET.EXE
C:\Program Files\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi\Volume Panel\VolPanel.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\TmPfw.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMon.exe
C:\Program Files\ResChanger 2005\ResChanger2005.exe
C:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe
C:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Go\CTCMSGo.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Broadband Networking\MSBNTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\WUSB600N\WUSB600N.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CADI\NotiMan.exe
C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.15\aaCenter.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfNavi.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfNavi.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Progra... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/extremely-long-webpage-load-times-high-bandwidth-usage-virus-please-help-294929.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to choose between different Dell Latitude D D laptops They come from a very good company who get stacks of laptops from Dell and sell them as refurbished as good as new at good prices http ndc co uk browse sub-Latitude D between Core 2 Core Solo, Choosing Duo and Duo Core D - html I will use it for MS Office Outlook internet and nothing much else The choice is between Core Solo GHz or GHz Core Duo GHz or Core Duo GHz or GHz The D has a brighter screen and allows Core Duo - apart from that I think D and D are identical I m hesitant about going for the cheapest but Choosing between Core Solo, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo from what I can tell Core Solo will handle all these functions well I have seen that Core Duo can be faster than Core Duo but I wonder if I will notice it on what I run At the moment I have a Core Duo GHz D which runs fine except for some freezing sometimes when I open Outlook it resolves after - seconds nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to choose between different Dell Latitude D D laptops They come from a very good company who get stacks of laptops from Dell and sell them as refurbished as good as new at good prices http ndc co uk browse sub-Latitude D D - html Duo Core Solo, 2 and Duo Core Core Choosing between I will use it Choosing between Core Solo, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo for MS Office Outlook internet and nothing much else The choice is between Core Solo GHz or GHz Core Duo GHz or Core Duo GHz or GHz The D has a brighter screen and allows Core Duo - apart from that I think D and D are identical I m hesitant about going for the cheapest but from what I can tell Core Solo will handle all these functions well I have seen that Core Duo can be faster than Core Duo but I wonder if I will notice it on what I run At the moment I have a Core Duo GHz D which runs fine except for some freezing sometimes when I open Outlook it resolves after - seconds nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choosing-between-core-solo-core-duo-and-core-2-duo.890221/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I'm buying a new computer with Vista home premium (32 bit), and I can't decide whether I should get a 2.4 quad core or a faster dual core (since it's cheaper).

I've searched about this but all the results I've got were from 2007, so I'm not sure if things changed much now.

So what do you think? will I benefit from the additional cores? or shall I go with faster dual cores?
appreciate your help

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, Currently I'm using a dual core 6850 and I'm thinking about buying a quad core. I have a PSU of 500 W as spare.

Can i replace the CPU to a Quad Core without changing the cooling system?

A:replace dual core CPU by quad core what about heatsink? in Mini Tower 755 Optiplex

heinflhs
These are the specs of the spare PSU. Aren't they better than the original Dell PSU?
That power supply is ATX and not EPS12V
Better is not the issue.  Dell power supplys are 80 percent efficient not 70 percent ATX.  The -5v rail is an issue as well as this may cause a motherboard fire or damage your system.  Its a dead giveaway that this is a power supply from 1990 to 2000.
What current is on which rails is not trivial. There is a single 12V RAIL on that unit and its max is 17A
EPS 12V units have multiple rails of 12V @ 18 amps each.  MAX Power on the 12V rails is 264w not 204w
That unit has a lot more on the 5V and 3.3V rails at the expense of the 12V rails and CPU 4 pin connector. So no that spare unit is not likely to work well if at all.

Recommended update or replacement is EVGA 750B1

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996406
Relevancy 42.57%

so which would be better:

dual core celeron 1.73ghz with 1mb l2 cache or single core intel pentium 4 2.4ghz 512kb l2 cache

A:dual core celeron 1.73ghz versus single core pentium 4 2.4ghz

I don't think there are any Celeron Processors which are dual core and so the Pentium 4 will definitely be faster. If you give me model numbers I might be of more help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-celeron-1-73ghz-versus-single-core-pentium-4-2-4ghz.623465/
Relevancy 42.57%

System specs Athlon x Windsor ghz single using stable Dual while crashes web, Athlon on core core but is randomly W tdp Gigabyte GA-Ma DS rev AMD SB His radeon MB had before x GB Dual core Athlon crashes randomly while using web, but is stable on single core Kingston DDR mhz CL xSeagate ST AS in RAID on SB Chieftec W power supply LG DVD rewriter Bunch of fans Windows XP pro bit x windows temporary I m having a strange problem from quite a long time PC just reboots randomly when I use internet applications like p p or browser It s that I can click quot favorities quot in firefox and puff reboot Leave pc for a night - reeboot at o clock I tried to find the cause updated drivers bios reinstalled windows several times - still getting the random crashes But if I use the numproc statement and run my PC as single core it stays perfectly stable for week But sadly the low power mode doesn t work then and CPU is getting hotter than in dual core mode also uses more energy However I don t think the low power mode isn t the cause - ran a prime for half a day on processor tuned down to ghz and V low power mode without a crash Ran memtest in dos mode for hours - no problems Also I have secondary XP pro without NIC drivers installed no web just for gaming and I can play for hours straight and never got any crash of this kind On the the primary OS open two windows start unpacking archive and try to browse web and I get a crash in minutes But sometimes nothing happens for a week or so Also I noticed following problems - disk read error not enough system resources to finish the task various p p programs say that - explorer windows disappearing closing usually when trying to use search on already loaded system - system locking down blank display cursor freezes when switching users but in most cases recoverable via external management log into console from another pc force logoff the user x display is back to normal - crashed on vista after minutes of usage None of above happens when using the single core but one of my applications won t start then for some reason Running out of ideas I tried to set all possible exes in windows folder to uniprocesor with imagecfg but got a nice bluescreens not surprised though Graphic card was replaced recently also I had this problem on previous hard drive though not so recently happening Temps in celsius are ambient CPU in iddle weird but true max system - voltages always in the ATX specs with vcore dropping to V in low power mode I know it s something dual core and internet related but can t figure what that could be Is it software bug Or maybe a hardware malfunction The only pieces I can think now to be faulty are processor but it passes all the tests or the motherboard itself Anything I can try before buying a half of new computer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-athlon-crashes-randomly-while-using-web-but-is-stable-on-single-core.917182/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am buying a new rig tomorrow, just wanted to see what you thought about it.

I have a choice between a $269 used pentium dual core vs a brand new 299 AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Whats better and how faster is the AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620 vs my pentium III/600MHZ?

A:Pentium Dual core vs AMD Athlon Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Depends on what the specs are with the Intel dual core and what specs you're getting with the AMD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-vs-amd-athlon-single-core-processor-le-1620.126258/
Relevancy 42.57%

Already saw differents answer but never by the one guy that say.. "Yes, i already upgrade my dual core cpu to quad core in my elitebook 8470p"I saw documents with info from hp with "3610qm 3630qm 3720qm and 3740qm" support for 8470p and 8570p models in this forum.There in JUNE 2012, The product overview:http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c03373336Said only 3610qm and 3720qm are compatible with the 8470p.But recently document i saw from hp (and i think is the reference guide more actual, january 2013 ) to 8470p and 8470w models like this:http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03659338-3.pdfthere is not clear, even this document show that only 8470w support quadcore and for 8470p show only dual core models..so i need confirmation before buy quad core model, anybody can confirm if its possible??Thanks a lot

A:HP Elitebook 8470P Dual Core to Quad Core upgrade, it suppor...

Hi, HP Elitebook 8470P is a series of many models/products of laptops and can spread over few years. Very hard to answer because we don't know which year is for your machine. Lately HP gives G1, G2, G3 ..... for some series that give us more information. The document in front of me now dated June 2013 gives another side of the picture PROCESSOR3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3740QM (2.70 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*Up to 3.70 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3720QM (2.60 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3630QM (2.40 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*?Up to 3.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3610QM (2.30 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*?Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3540M (3.0 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.70 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3520M (2.90 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3380M (2.90 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3360M (2.80 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.50 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3340M (2.70 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3320M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3230M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?Up to 3.20 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3210M (2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?Up to 3.10 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i3-3130M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?3rd Generation Intel® Core? i3-3120M (2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?3rd Generation Intel® Core? i3-3110M (2.40 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*? For  HP EliteBook 8470p Notebook PC (14")         HP EliteBook 8570p Notebook PC (15"). Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Elitebook-8470P-Dual-Core-to-Quad-Core-upgrade-it-support/td-p/5791049