Windows Support Forum

Major Sony VAIO problems - graphically, freezes, blue screens etc

Q: Major Sony VAIO problems - graphically, freezes, blue screens etc

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ18E which is experience some major problems at the moment.
Firstly, I get 'nvlddmkm' problem about every 10mins or thereabouts which causes the screen to lock, go fuzzy, blank the screen and then revive and become functional again.

This can eventually, or straight away, lead to a total fuzzy screen lock-up where I simply have to hit the off button to restart the computer.
This is also interspersed by various other screens such as those below; mixed pages, blue screen, which seem to have come from the Matrix.

The computer is about four years old and the front left of it can get very hot.
Is it just knackered?
Would a re-format and re-install do the trick?

Any ideas or solutions?

Cheers,
Tom.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Major Sony VAIO problems - graphically, freezes, blue screens etc

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Major Sony VAIO problems - graphically, freezes, blue screens etc

The Nvidia graphics chip on the motherboard is probably over heating. The CPU/GPU cooling port may be clogged with dust or the thermal pads or paste need to be cleaned and replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-sony-vaio-problems-graphically-freezes-blue-screens-etc.189216/
Relevancy 100.62%

I am working on Sony Vaio laptop that BSOD's right after starting up. I have run the FRST utility but cannot seem to determine what might be causing the crash. I have looked up the error code given at the BSOD, but cannot find that number specifically. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have attached the frst.txt file.

A:Sony Vaio Blue Screens seconds after startup

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===We Need to Diagnose Your Blue Screen (BSOD) 1. When you boot your machine, press F8 to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enterSafe Mode 2. Select "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure", as shown here:When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:A file name might be listed too. Please report this in your next post.===

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455314/sony-vaio-blue-screens-seconds-after-startup/
Relevancy 99.76%

win7- 64bit on Sony VPCEE31FX Vaio a couple years old.
using external Dell monitor successfully for a couple years.
Starting today, I get blackouts, about 2 seconds duration, maybe 2 per hour, and each time I get a Desktop Windows Manager alert in the Task Bar.
When I click View Problem Details, I get event: APPCRASH and Application Name: DWM.exe.

I did some searching and found a suggestion to run a SFC scan to check for any corrupted files. I did and it found no difficulties.

Today I also had two Blue-Screens come up. The messages stay up maybe 15 seconds, so I couldn't copy much. First one suggested running Memory Check, which I would do if I could find it. I searched my computer and found no Memory Check. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and found no memory errors.

The second one said System Service Exception.

Not sure what to try next...........

-Chuck N.

A:Sony Vaio laptop screen-blackouts and blue-screens

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479963/sony-vaio-laptop-screen-blackouts-and-blue-screens/
Relevancy 94.6%

I am trying to repair a Sony Vaio PCG-FXA47. The video is garbled and unreadable. I uninstalled the video driver, when I restart there is no change. I connected it to a good monitor I get the same screen.
What is next? Is the video card replacable? What is wrong with this laptop?

A:Sony Vaio PCG-FXA47 major video problems

Are you using the correct drivers from SONY?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-pcg-fxa47-major-video-problems.338376/
Relevancy 86.43%

Ive been a comp tech problems?? Sony Blue Lines Random Vaio other wonderful and and for a few years now and this is the Sony Vaio and Random Blue Lines and other wonderful problems?? weirdest problem ive ever seen First their hard drive died After running DFT on the drive i diagnosed it was the SMART controller They Purchased a new WD After I installed windows on the machine I noticed strange blue lines appearing during BIOS and the Win XP splash screen When I got into windows I noticed that the names for the login were faded looking Once in windows it self if you hit the start button all the icons look like they mesh together and dont display right unless I mouse over them And in windows when I open IE next to the cursor there are vertial pink lines Anyone got any clue on this one The correct Drivers are installed and still getting the same problem Also On this Sony Vaio they have a quot Sony Vaio and Random Blue Lines and other wonderful problems?? recovery quot parition on the orginal HD but because the SMART is going dead I cant boot into Normal mode or quot Setting that worked last quot Is there anyway I can pull it off and install that version of windows on here so i can get my spare copy and key back I can access the files when the drive is the Slave but I dont want to fart around with the drive with it being on its last leg Sony PCV-RZ C JIC anyone is wondering

A:Sony Vaio and Random Blue Lines and other wonderful problems??

Found the problem with the lines. It seems that the video card (GeForce 4 ASUS) was going bad. Replaced it with my old Voodoo3 3000 and it runs like a champ. Having no more issues with funy graphics. New hard drive is now working fine. JIC anyone gets the same problem.

Still need to know if anyone knows how to get the partition off the drive with windows on the new HD, so i can get my key back. Thanks.
-TD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-and-random-blue-lines-and-other-wonderful-problems-102230.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey everyone I Sony VGN-FS think) Vaio Problem (I Major think I ve done something to my laptop that is causing it to almost crash About a week ago several of the keys on my Sony Vaio VGN-FS Major Problem (I think) keyboard popped off and I wasn t able to get them back on So I ordered a replacement keyboard and it came yesterday I followed an online guide to replace it by first removing the plastic strip above the top of the laptop then unscrewing four connecting screws and finally sliding out the keyboard s ribbon from a clamp I replaced the new keyboard and reattached Things worked fine Today I installed a new CD-RW DVD drive I think this is where the problems started I unscrewed the entire back of the unit including the RAM door and what I gather was the HD Once all removed I removed the old cd drive and installed the new one The HD has four screws connecting it to the base and has a pin-attachment After all this was done I restarted and a couple of things happened First I got an error message before windows even loaded saying quot lsass exe error unable to open quot then the computer restarted windows loaded successfully this time but I have a new hardward wizard requesting permission to install ACPI Uniprocessor PC It says it doesn t pass windows logo testing What is this all about Did I reconnect the HD improperly Does anyone know what the lsass exe error is all about Oh between rebooting and successfully starting I received another error saying my virtual memory was low and the computer just stalled with the caps lock num lock and scroll lock lights all lit I had to just remove the battery and restart Any ideas what is going on nbsp

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS Major Problem (I think)

Make sure the Hard Drive is assembled in is holder correctly and is secure... A loose hard drive connection may have corrupted the hard drives data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs-major-problem-i-think.81090/
Relevancy 81.7%

Model SVJ running bit When I start this it immediately goes into Preparing Automatic Repair followed by Diagnosing Your PC Needless to say that is soon followed by Automatic Repair Couldn't Repair Your PC I've been exasperated by computers in the past but this might be stretching me to the point of no return When I go into Troubleshoot after it tells me it can't fix it automatically I tried a Restore No Restore Points Then I went to the command prompt navigated to C Windows and did a Fixboot Need Troubleshooting Help With Sony VAIO Major Tap 20 Fixmbr and a Rebuildbcd The first completed but the rebuild found Windows installations I went back into Troubleshooting and selected Refresh Your PC which keeps your files but fixes Windows problems No go - There was a problem refreshing your PC No changes were made I got out a Windows disk and looked for the optical drive There is none I got out an external CD reader popped in the disk and went to plug it in to a USB port Uh-uh There is only frickin USB ports on this monstrosity One is used for the keyboard and the other for the mouse Incredible How can Sony have been making computers for umpteen years and design a Windows machine with ports I have no USB Need Major Help With Troubleshooting Sony VAIO Tap 20 hub so I unplug the mouse turn off the PC plug in the external reader hit the Assist button which allows you to get into the BIOS boot from an external device etc I go into the BIOS change the boot order save the changes go back to the Assist screen and hit the key to boot from an external device I get a message - No Operating System Found I'm pleading for some assistance from someone who has some knowledge of how this unit works or doesn't work My meager bag of tricks is about empty Update I used another PC to clear some space on an external HDD then used the Rescue Disk option off of Advanced Troubleshooting Since I still only have the USB ports I had to unplug the keyboard It's now rescuing the Documents Pictures and Favorites onto the external drive

A:Need Major Help With Troubleshooting Sony VAIO Tap 20

Since you can get into a command prompt, maybe you could look in the windows\system32\logfiles\srt folder and see if you can find the srttrails.txt file. If you do, copy it to a flash drive, or somewhere you can access and read or attach it.

The text file might give us some indication of what could be wrong.

Also, when you boot and look at the bios or boot device menu and see if a Windows Boot Manager is present and can be selected.

Did you have any external drives plugged in either before or when the problem first occurred?

You can get a wireless mouse/keyboard combo that only uses one USB port, if it becomes necessary.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46996-need-major-help-troubleshooting-sony-vaio-tap-20-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi Guys

I was updating my friends computer last night. The system was running very slow so I cleaned his registry and removed the junk files using Ace Utilities.

I then proceeded to run Windows update that told me it was going to install Windows Service Pack 1.

It was stuck on 15% for about an hour so I cancelled it and tried again. It eventually completed and I restarted the computer.

Now the Vaio welcome screen starts up, the screen goes blank and files appear to be updating in the top left hand side of the screen. It gets to one line and that line flickers continuously. I left it like that overnight but there is still no change. Restarted the computer a number of times and still no change. I am also unable to start it on safe mode.

HELP!!!

A:Sony Vaio/Windows Vista major problem!

If there is a recovery partition you might have the option htere to do a system restore. On boot look for an F_ key to load to recovery partition.
Good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-windows-vista-major-problem-373360.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I had posted this on another thread concerning a blue screen in a drives and query BSOD Screens on Vaio checking external Sony Sony Vaio but was advised to remove it and start a new Sony Vaio BSOD Screens and query on checking external drives thread which I m doing here I have a two year old Sony Vaio bit with Windows Home Premium Service pack I had no problem with it until I put on Norton when blue screens started generating I posted on here a week ago and uploaded a zip file and followed the advice given after analysis I got onto Norton Sony Vaio BSOD Screens and query on checking external drives Community as advised and uploaded the contents of the BSOD screen which only occurred when I started the computer They gave me a link to a Microsoft Knowledge base article at http support microsoft com kb which in turn led me to the following hotfix - http hotfixv microsoft com Windows WindowsServer R sp Fix free intl x zip exe I downloaded this Hotfix and got no BSOD for a week when I got another one The contents of the BSOD screen I got after one week were as follows - A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer APC INDEX MISMATCH If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardwear or softwear Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced start-up options and then select safe mode Technical Information STOP X C X A X X FFFF X FFFFF B Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance After this happened I removed Norton finally using the Norton Remover tool and I installed Microsoft Security Essentials did a virus check which was clear but when I shut down the computer I got another BSOD screen the contents of which were as follows - DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardwear or softwear Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced start-up options and then select safe mode Technical Information xxxStop x D COXFFFFF D D OX X X XFFFFF DOD ArcSoftKSUFilter sys-Address FFFFF D D base at FFFFF DO D atestamp a a ArcSoftKSUFilter sys-Address FFFFF D D base at FFFFF DO D atestamp a a This BSOD kept hanging so I had to turn off the computer eventually without generating a dump file I then did a hard drive check on my c drive which has no errors I am trying to do one now on my external e and d drives but when I typed in chkdsk e into the command prompt it said Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges you have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode Could someone please tell me how I get around this so that I can check these external drives I m not a computer expert and the computer was in a repair shop for days and they could not fix it other than to tell me to remove Norton which hasn t worked I should also mention that while I was downloading the file from Windows Seven Forums to upload a zip file for a bug check I got another BSOD file which said - The IO Manager has detected a violation by a driver that is being verified Technical information Stop x C COX XFFFFF E XFFFFF A BA D XFFFFFFFFC BB HIDCLASS SYS Address FFFFF E base at FFFFF E datestamp ce a From some of the BSOD screens I ve been getting I m wondering if it could be a driver problem I checked my device drivers on windows and they are updated automatically and are apparently in working order I was advised to a system repaid scan which I did and the contents are as follows - Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This pro... Read more

A:Sony Vaio BSOD Screens and query on checking external drives

Code:
VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
You need to disable driver verifier as it may create false BSOD-s.

Please disable verifier according to its tutorial below and let us know if you are still getting BSOD-s.Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/277950-sony-vaio-bsod-screens-query-checking-external-drives.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I have a vaio and it has had windows from new and just recently it has been freezing with no errors What happens when i turn it on it starts normally and freezes startup vaio after Sony loads windows then aftr about minute it locks up as if it is trying to open something The light on the laptop is solid orange as if it is busy doing something but Sony vaio freezes after startup if i open task manager it says cpu usage and the ram is using only gigs If i leave the computer on for - hours it will un freeze and be totally normal again It did it once at first and i removed the program that i thought was causing it and it didnt happen again for a few days until i updated windows I dont have any restores from when it was working good so what can i do to fix this Sony vaio freezes after startup Thanks Dan Windows home premium bit Service pack i ghz gig ram

A:Sony vaio freezes after startup

Also when it freezes the mouse and keyboard still work i can click on programs but if i do they either wont open or will take ages to open.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223885-sony-vaio-freezes-after-startup.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a sony Vaio laptop that hangs on shutdown occasionally, and will occasionally totally freeze. Funny thing is I can use alt-Tab but I can't change programs.

I also had a couple of total reboots the other day, which I attribute to bad update with a .NET Framework update. Once I stopped running a program that was using my USB/Serial adapter, the laptop stopped rebooting itself.

I am running Win XP Media
PC Tools - Spyware Dr with Anti-Virus
PC Tools Performance Tools - Registry Cleaner (which seems to find registry issues constantly)

Thanks,
Randy

A:Sony Vaio - Hangs and freezes

.Net Framework would not be causing freezes and reboots. But your USB adapter might. Remove it and see if the problems still persist. Be sure to blow out all fans with compressed air and make sure laptop is well ventilated from the bottom. Just to eliminate overheating.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-hangs-and-freezes-582765.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,
I have a problem with my laptop lately. When I play games or watch youtube, it freezes. I thought it was the heat, so I took it to the service and did full cleanup and paste change. They said that all hardwares are looking fine, no physical damage, but laptop still crashes even when it's cold.Did malware and virus scan-clean, did triple ramtest check-clean, graphic overcloac test- no crashes. I went in safemode and opened 10 youtube videos and 3 games at once-works fine. Only suspicion left on my new battery charger because the old one died because of sudden electricity charge at my home so I bought some replacement "Europower XRT" model XRT90-190-47--SON. Here is my speccy.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qdhUybnNlcH3osUR4yWODOJ

Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop Sony Vaio freezes

Wait until it freezes, then recover and then Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618151/laptop-sony-vaio-freezes/
Relevancy 75.68%

hello everyone, im actually posting this problem for a friend of mine who is having a problem with his comp. When starting his comp it just hangs at the Sony logo and he cant get it past that. Cant get into bios after trying a number of keys. Any suggestions as to what it could be? im stumped since he cant get into bios or safe mode.

Relevancy 75.68%

I got a Sony Vaio that likes to freeze Sony completely freezes Vaio up within roughly - minutes of using it I've been able to install Malwarebytes and Avast as the complainant thinks it's a virus because it started happening a week ago Whenever I run Malwarebytes or Avast it Sony Vaio freezes completely locks up completely I tried diagnostics on the hard drive and it did't find anything other than I believe it was telling me I should do a defrag Computer freezes during analyzing process of defrag It would also freeze during boot-time scan from Avast And out of times if it was running decent and I need to properly shut down or restart it will freeze on shutting down splash screen Windows is up to date I found a forum stating to update the SATA drivers did that and now it just runs sluggish and eventually creates a snowball effect to where I have no choice but to force shut down It will do all these things in Safe Mode as well SPECS Sony Vaio VPCEE FX PCG- L Windows Home Premium SP -Bit AMD Athlon II Dual Core Processor GHz GB - RAM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589058/sony-vaio-freezes-completely/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am having the exact same issue that Member WyteNyte had in May of last year His solved thread was titled quot Restore is freezing up during installation quot Member Mark ending up with a solution for his specific computer after having him utilize the program FRST It will definetly help to read that thread in order to better assist me gt http forums techguy org windows- -restore-freezing-up-during-installation html I am performing a full factory restore Vaio Sony during Win restore freezes factory 7 to get rid of Malware that has slowed everything down I have Sony Vaio Win 7 freezes during factory restore done the full restore multiple times and it always hangs up at Installing Microsoft Office which is a trial version that comes with the computer from the factory At some point an error message pops up saying the Restore cannot continue Because of this there are several programs from the factory that are not installed on my computer after this hiccup I have performed the same steps that helped WyteNyte solve his problem by using FRST to gather the information user Mark requested I will post my results from the scan on my computer hopefully someone can give me a similar fix for my specific model CPU which you can find in my profile Thanks All Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by ben administrator on BEN-VAIO on - - Running from C Users ben AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE Y MYHH Loaded Profiles ben Available profiles ben Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Sony Vaio Win 7 freezes during factory restore OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Sony Vaio Win 7 freezes during factory restore Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic ery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe Realsil Microelectronics Inc C Program Files x Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x DDNi Oasis Service Oasis Service exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run cAudioFilterAgent gt C Program Files Conexant cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe - - Conexant Systems Inc HKLM Run SynTPEnh gt C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run IntelWireless gt C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe - - Intel R Corporation HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon gt C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation Internet Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist if it is a registry item it will be removed or restored to default HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com gws rd ss... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-win-7-freezes-during-factory-restore.1144165/
Relevancy 74.82%

My knowledge of computers is, at best, rudimentary, so please pardon any omissions. I have a Sony VAIO VPC EE2E1E which uses Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit). Its ram is 3 GB; its HDD (SATA), 320 GB; its CPU, AMD Athlon II P320 (2.10 Ghz).

As of yesterday, it has been freezing randomly. The HDD light turns off and the keyboard, along with the touchpad, stops responding. If I'm listening to music, it repeats the same millisecond over and over. (It sounds like someone getting stangled with Auto-Tune). The screen stays on--as do the power and caps-lock lights.

Anyone have any idea what I should do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-vpc-ee2e1e-freezes-randomly.1013204/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Vaio desktop, and when I leave it for a period of time and come back, it freezes up when i open a program and then does the microsoft error report thing and won't do anything. anyone have this problem or no what the heck is going on , its kind of annoying.

A:Sony Vaio Freezes up after not being used for awile .. anyone have this problem

I would try configuring the settings under power management in the control panel. Don't allow it to go into hibernation or shut down in any way on it's own. configure for never, never, never, never. uncheck the box that allows for hibernation and the box that prompts for a password upon wakening.

Also, check out blackviper website. Configure your Pc better by shutting off unessessary programs like the microsoft error reporting. Start-->run-->type in services.msc.

The blackviper website explains it all..............

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-freezes-up-after-not-being-used-for-awile-anyone-have-this-problem.332507/
Relevancy 74.39%

I've had this computer for less than a month, and this already happens. Funny how the world works. I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit.

So I start Norton Anti-Virus for a full scan, and it gets about 3/4 of the way through before the laptop shuts down on its own. I figure maybe it finished earlier than I thought, so I attempt to boot up, and as it tries to start Windows, I get the wonderful blue screen.

Information on the blue screen reads:
"Stop 0x0000007B (0XFFFFF880009A97E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)"

When I attempt to do Statrup Repair, the information reads:
"Root Cause Found: Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck 109
Parameters= 0xa3a039d89ece68c8, 0xb3b7465ef14ca28a, 0xfffff80000bba5e0, 0x1)
Repair Action: System Files Integrity Check & Repair
Failed, Error Code= 0x490"

Windows 7 came preinstalled on the laptop, which means I have no reinstall disc
Please help!

A:Sony Vaio Blue Screening

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406194/sony-vaio-blue-screening/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello it's my first time in this forum from recommendation of a friend these past couple days I've been receiving this blue screen out of no where I was wondering if you guys know the solutions for this Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID The Blue Screen mentioned this error x EA Additional information about the problem BCCode ea BCP FFFFFA B BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Andy AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is Sony Vaio on Screen Blue not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US Blue Screen on Sony Vaio erofflps txt The zip contains the minidump my friend recommend me to add for you guys to know more about the situation Please let me know if you guys can find the solution

A:Blue Screen on Sony Vaio

Hello, and Welcome

Those dumps point to atikmdag.sys which is part of your graphics driver. Uninstall your graphics driver and install the latest version.

What is the model number of the Sony?

What is the graphics chipset used. RIght click Computer > Properties. Click Windows Experience Index link in the middle of the window. Click "View and Print Detailed Performance and System Informtion" Middle Right.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565966/blue-screen-on-sony-vaio/
Relevancy 74.39%

Used laptop that I received for christmas yesterday has now shut down three times with blue screen Sony Vaio Sreen Blue After the Sony Vaio Blue Sreen first time I installed Avast and it found two malware files and two corrupted files in the boot scan It has shut down twice since then once in the middle of the scan I am not sure what you will need to know but here is what the error found message reads Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFDA B B BCP BCP FFFFF C E EF BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WER tmp version txt If anyone can help I would be beyond grateful The laptop is amazing and runs so smoothly blue screen aside I would hate for my christmas present to be a dud nbsp

A:Sony Vaio Blue Sreen

was it new or used? If new, I would take it back for a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-blue-sreen.175213/
Relevancy 73.96%

After weeks on a daily basis trying to solve the problem that i will describe here i'm asking for your help Win7 - x64 Vaio randomly VPCF13LOE freezes Sony to find a solution I have a Sony Vaio VPCF LOE with Windows x professional instaled Windows Sony Vaio VPCF13LOE - Win7 x64 freezes randomly quot freezes quot randomly Sometimes i work with my laptop all day long and nothing happens sometimes it freezes each fifteen minutes or so I reinstalled win recently so the computer doesn't have much software to cause conflicts but the drivers Mesures unsuccessfull already taken Hard Drive diagnostic test ok result Ram diagnostic test ok result In Safe Mode the computer performs normally not freezing so that tells me its not a hardware problem After instalation he froze I rebooted the laptop and went to the device manager and noticed drivers for wireless - The driver for Atheros i installed after i profiled the hardware - The native generic driver of Win for for the wireless board - The Win driver for virtual wifi dont know what that is Thinking in a driver conflict i uninstalled the native generic driver of Win for for the wireless board and the Win driver for virtual wifi I rebooted the laptop and after minutes it froze again Before freezing i noticed that the native generic driver of Win for for the wireless board was successfully uninstalled but the Win driver for virtual wifi was there again this Sony Vaio VPCF13LOE - Win7 x64 freezes randomly time with the - like this Win driver for virtual wifi I rebooted the Sony Vaio VPCF13LOE - Win7 x64 freezes randomly computer unistalled the Win driver for virtual wifi and rebooted again I went back to the Device manager and saw Win driver for virtual wifi After a while the computer froze again Not being a hardware problem i bought a new disk and new memory ram chips Still Freezes It's not an overheating issue also Conclusion It seems to me that there might be a incompatibility issue between some Win service and the laptop or a drivers conflict If it's a Win service thing I cannot identify on the Event Log what service is creating the freezes Is there some way to see what services are loaded in normal boot and what are loaded in Safe Mode I appretiate any suggestions answers and solutions anyone might give Thanks in Advance

A:Sony Vaio VPCF13LOE - Win7 x64 freezes randomly

Hi freribeiro,

Sounds like a malfunctioning graphics card, but we'll explore other possibilities.

Please can you go to: Start > Type: Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System - Then scroll down to the 'event time' when the freeze occured then screenshot the events before and after it.

Thanks

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/372398-sony-vaio-vpcf13loe-win7-x64-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello all,

My laptop was working really well until Friday night, when I turned it on and logged on. Then when I launched up google chrome, the system froze, after a few minutes it was still frozen so I did a dirty shutdown and held down the power button.

Since then, it's been a nightmare. I've twice done a system repair which both times took about 7 hours.

Now I'm stuck with this situation, whether I start windows normally or in safe mode, I cannot get past the logon screen as it just freezes almost within a couple of seconds.

Can anyone suggest what to do? I'm not that good with the technical aspect so you may need to explain things in a bit more detail.

Many thanks
Ollie.

A:Sony Vaio VPCEE2E1E Freezes at Login Screen

Hello memoman and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "system repair". There's System Restore that can (hopefully) restore your computer to an earlier date/time before the problem began.

System Restore

There's Startup Repair that may fix certain problems, such as a missing or damaged MBR boot file that might prevent Windows from starting correctly.

Startup Repair

Then there are diagnostic/repair scans that can sometimes fix startup issues.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

And then there's something called a Repair Install where you try to rebuild the entire Windows 7 operating system without affecting your user accounts, personal data, programs, system drivers, etc.

Repair Install

Did you try using one or more of these tools and if so, which one(s)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235444-sony-vaio-vpcee2e1e-freezes-login-screen.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all This computer keeps blue screening usually after around mins Windows Vista Ultimate -bit SP GB Core Quad Q Ghz Here are the details Problem signature Problem Event Screening Vaio Blue Sony VGC-RT1SU Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BB FFFF BCP BCP BCP EDEC OS Version Service Pack Product Files Sony Vaio VGC-RT1SU Blue Screening that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER DAB tmp version txt Please find these files attached Can t attach the dmp file so here it is copied from Windbg Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version X Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File J Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is Invalid Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path Use symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path After setting your symbol path use reload to refresh symbol locations Executable search path is Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized Sony Vaio VGC-RT1SU Blue Screening The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath Unable to load image SystemRoot system ntkrnlpa exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntkrnlpa exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntkrnlpa exe Windows Server Windows Vista Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Machine Name Kernel base x e PsLoadedModuleList x f c Debug session time Wed Nov UTC System Uptime days Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath Unable to load image SystemRoot system ntkrnlpa exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntkrnlpa exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntkrnlpa exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A bb ffff edec WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for win k sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win k sys Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis Either you specified an unqualified symbol or your debugger doesn t have full symbol information Unqualified symbol resolution is turned off by default Please either specify a fully qualified symbol module symbolname or enable resolution of unqualified symbols by typing quot symopt- quot Note that enabling unqualified symbol resolution with network symbol server shares in the symbol path may cause the debugger to appear to hang for long periods of time when an incorrect symbol name is typed or the network symbol server is down For some commands to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced nt KPRCB Either you specified an unqualified symbol or your debugger doesn t have full symbol information Unqualified symbol resolution is turned off by default Please either specify a fully qualified symbol module symbolname or enable resolution of unqualified symbols by typing quot symopt- quot Note that enabling unqualified symbol resolution with network symbol server shares in the symbol path may cause the debugger to appear to hang for long periods of time when an incorrect symbol name is typed or the network symbol server is down For some commands to work properly your symbol path must... Read more

A:Sony Vaio VGC-RT1SU Blue Screening

Gathering background data:Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476730/sony-vaio-vgc-rt1su-blue-screening/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello
I bought Sony Laptop VAIO laptop in Jan 2012. right after one week, i start getting Blue screen. i call Sony tech support and they said i can send the laptop and they will check.. but look like its a software issue... can some one pl. help before i send it back to Sony for repair.

Here is my Spec

Its Windows 7 home Premium, service pack 1, 64 bit.
- the original installed OS on the system?
- an OEM or full retail version? OEM

- What is the age of system (hardware)? 2 month
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 2 month

A:Sony VAIO Laptop Blue Screen - Please Help

I see you have Norton.

Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's.
I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218554-sony-vaio-laptop-blue-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I keep getting this screen almost daily. What should I do to fix that??

A:I have Sony Vaio Vpceh18fa. I always get a blue screen. what should ?

Hello . please post a dump file for the BSOD crew to see what is causing the bsod pls: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD[2]=Performance%20Maintenance

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/357512-i-have-sony-vaio-vpceh18fa-i-always-get-blue-screen-what-should.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Sony Vaio Windows 7 laptop and I'm having issues with freezes on it. Whenever I let my laptop go into screensaver mode for a couple hours with the ethernet cable plugged my laptop freezes, I can't wake it - causing me to hard reboot it holding the power off for 5-10 seconds and rebooting it. Whenever my ethernet cable is not plugged in and goes into screensaver mode for 2+ hours I am able to wake my computer up - wireless connection. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574402/sony-vaio-windows-7-laptop-freezes-w-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello all this is my first post here but you all seem so very friendly and helpful so thank you for providing such a welcoming atmosphere My wife has a Sony Vaio laptop that seems to work just fine and she also has taken very good care of it over the years but it seems to occasionally and more regularly hang or freeze when in use It is typically within - minutes after it has been started Either everything will freeze or applications will stop responding and the mouse will still move but it is just a loading circle icon when hovering over the start menu This also tends to happen when the computer goes to sleep and then is woken or regularly explorer Sony laptop Vaio hangs freezes back up Here are the specs from the Sysinfo app Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus None I will run the suggested tools and post the results below Thank you for your help nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Hey people got my dad s Sony VAIO and erm when i press the on button i get a blank blue screen no bios no vaio logo zilch so i done various things including ATX Reset Taking battery and ac adaptor off holding button for secs and starting uo Fail Reseating the RAM and ATX again Fail Reseating HDD Fail I just thought i d do it but i knew it would do nothing lol Replacing RAM and ATX Fail Clean fans with Duster just incase its overheating fail point failed because I managed to get to Sony - Blank BSOD HELP! Screen Blue NOT VAIO BIOS into windows and you know tried to recover the computer Factory Reset as soon as it restarted Blue Screen again and well it started a few times and then problem kept coming back and still does Any tips tricks solutions maybe All help appreciated Lots of love too all Personally think its the MOBO or graphics card which are on their way out or already out lol nbsp

A:Sony VAIO Blank Blue Screen NOT BSOD - HELP!

What is the model # of the computer.
50% fail sounds like you have memory problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-blank-blue-screen-not-bsod-help.1053980/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi there,

I bought a Sony Vaio VPCZ227GG almost 2 months back and its been running perfectly until the last week. There have been no hardware updates, system installs etc. only the recommended Sony Vaio Care driver udpates.

I will be using the laptop for a while and then it will just crash. The laptop stays on the screen it was on before the crash but the mouse, keyboard, basically everything is dead. The only way to cycle it is to power down.

I have attached all the files as per the BSOD posting instructions and would really appreciate any help or guidance.

System Spec
Windows 7-64 bit Came preinstalled
Intel? Core? i7-2640M Processor 2.80 GHz with Turbo Boost up
8GB Ram
256 SSD Drive
Intel Onboard Graphics
AMD Radeon External Graphics via Media Dock
Full Retail
Hardware and OS less than 2 months old.

Thanks

Adrian

A:Sony Vaio VPCZ227GG Freezes with no errors, event log entries or dumps

No DMP file in the upload, try this method.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/220125-sony-vaio-vpcz227gg-freezes-no-errors-event-log-entries-dumps.html
Relevancy 72.67%

So my laptop has started to freeze a minute or two after start up even though it was working fine a few hours ago hours laptop working fine freezes up, after a VAIO start Sony was few ago I was sat talking to a Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago friend over facebook chat when my laptop started screaming with a really high pitched noise I had Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago to turn it off to stop it When I restarted it and booted it back up it said it was defragging something Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago it was a while ago and I cant remember what it said after that I logged in and now it freezes after a couple of minuets I ve tried system restoring it and using the built in memory repair and it still wont work However once I disabled all the non microsoft services it boots up and doesnt freeze untill I try to open a program I can start it in safe mode but thats about it I ve spent the past couple of hours searching for a solution but can t find one so ay help will be much appritiated I m using my Xbox to access the internet at the moment but I can turn on my laptop incase anyone has a possible solution nbsp

A:Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago

Try running Memtest86 a few times and tell me if any errors come up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-freezes-after-start-up-was-working-fine-a-few-hours-ago.191245/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi folks somebody recommended this forum to me as it helped them out Here s hoping you might be able to do the same for me I have a month old Sony Vaio VGN- FE H and it went out of warranty on December nd Unfortunately it also seemed to die a month later in January of this year whilst I was months pregnant with my first child bah Fast-forward to many Computer - Sony Blue Vaio My Boot Is Dead? On Screen months of online technical support later which has basically been a sham as they just keep on closing my queries and trying to SELL me the recovery discs that Sony Vaio Blue Screen On Boot - Is My Computer Dead? I feel should have been included with my initial purchase I have done a little searching online and somebody with the same issue or at least a very similar one bought the recovery Sony Vaio Blue Screen On Boot - Is My Computer Dead? discs and they didn t actually work anyway I cannot even access Windows or operate the computer in safe mode the Sony Vaio logo appears then a BLUE SCREEN message A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down in order to prevent Sony Vaio Blue Screen On Boot - Is My Computer Dead? any damage to your computer Disable or uninstall any anti-virus disc defragmentation or backup utilites Check your hard drive configuration and check for updated drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your comp x x fe xf cc c xf cc xf fc ntfs sys - address fc base at f datestamp eeaI ve tried to install a licensed copy of Windows belonging to my Brother and it just reached the actual installation bit and the same blue screen appears I can t seem to access anything via the function keys apart from F and I can t do sod all from there it appears I m currently on maternity leave so I don t have the money to shell out on repairing a relatively new computer that seems to have just given up through no fault of my own Does anybody have any suggestions How would I go about running this CHKDSK F and whatnot Would I need a boot disk I have seen some available for download but I m pretty clueless My computer has Windows XP installed MANY THANKS in advance PS I feel absolutely cheated by Sony btw I have been into their store and they treated me like an absolute imbecile and basically said it wasn t their problem and gave me the number for a helpline p per minute I appreciate it is out of warranty now but it was a mere months out of warranty when I first paid them a visit after just giving birth and they looked at me like I was expecting something for nothing I spent frigging notes on the thing A little bit of support and a nudge in the right direction wouldn t have gone amiss

A:Sony Vaio Blue Screen On Boot - Is My Computer Dead?

I am sure someone will be along with more ideas but to start you off,May one ask ; what antivirus program was on it and was it fully updated? Did you have Service Pack 2 installed??What kind of 'death did it apparently die?Did it suddenly play up or gradually and how?For what had the computer been used? When you press the F2 key what, if any, choices do you see and what happens if you attempt to select any of them?I guess you cannot even disable your Antivirus program?One wonders if it is infected or a hardware/software problem ( ps; Congratulations on your 'new arrival' I hope not too many sleepless nights for mum ? )

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172710/sony-vaio-blue-screen-on-boot-is-my-computer-dead/
Relevancy 70.95%

Problem: My laptop crashes 8 times a day with a blue screen of death with the following message: A problem has been detected and Windows closed to prevent damage to your computer DRIVER_POWER_STATE_Failure
xxx STOP: 0x0000009F (0x00000003,0x87D2A030,0x82D22AF0,0x88A9FD30)

Details about my laptop are:

? OS - Windows 7
? x86 (32-bit)
? Age of system: 3 years
? Age of OS installation: 1 day (W7)
? CPU: Intell Core 2 Duo Processor T7200
? Video Card: Nvidea GeForce Go7600 with 256MB/Mo dedicated Video Memory
? MotherBoard: Sony Laptop Vaio VGN-AR21S
? Power Supply - brand & wattage: (Microsoft ACPI, Microsoft AC adapter, Microsoft Composite battery)

As requested by jcgriff2, I followed his instructions and added his requested information in a rar file (including performance monitor report and autoruns info).

please help me,
regards
skywalker2508

A:Blue Screen Of Death with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ FAILURE on Sony Vaio with Windows 7

Here is the attachment of all collected info

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-of-death-with-driver_power_state_-failure-on-sony-vaio-with-windows-7-a-456853.html
Relevancy 70.95%

wen undocking my vaio notebook from docking station, I the screen crashes, shows blue with error message about bios updates-cannot finish reading as computer starts to reboot itself. Have installed bios update thru sony. Their solution was to wipe hard drive clean-that would be very involved. How can I find which software or program created this problem and remove it? Help!!!!!!

A:blue screen error on undocking sony vaio from docking station

Disable the reboot and post the error message.
http://www.winvistatips.com/disable-...estart-a84.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-error-on-undocking-sony-vaio-from-docking-station-315309.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Ok so in the past 3 days I've been encountering numerous blue screens and freezes, all random, blue screens such as WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and then just freezes in general, I have no clue what the problem could be, could anyone help? If you need more info feel free to ask. it now bluescreens on launch and then restarts, it also shows a sort of graphics card advertisement, something about ultra durable. also now does automatic repair which does nothing and goes to windows screen or diagnosing which then instantly goes back to the windows screen. Even the loading for the windows screen freezes, its all completely random, PC ran perfect and then all this ******** started.

A:Blue screens and freezes

Hi .... and welcome to the forums ...

If the system is fairly new, and under warranty, you certainly have the option to have it repaired under the terms of the warranty. Blue Screen errors can have many causes, the most serious of which are hardware issues. Terms should be listed in your purchase paperwork.

It's been a few days - did you find a resolution to the errors already? If so, well done. If not, read on:

Diagnostics:
To rule out faulty or failing hardware as a cause, run a few diagnostics. If diagnostics are built-in to the system, run those (on some systems available from a UEFI or BIOS menu as system power on ... often by pressing a special function key ... consult the manual for your system online for those details). Test at least the system memory and the hard drive. If other tests are available, run as many of them as possible.

If no diagnostics are built-in, you can try using bootable diagnostic CDs to test things. A free open-source tool called "UBCD" (for "ultimate boot cd") contains a reliable memory diagnostics (MemTest86+) and several hard drive diagnostics (which can test many, but not all, hard drives). Instructions and the download are available at Ultimate Boot CD - Overview

Try to test the hard drive using diagnostics from the manufacturer of the hard drive (such as DataLifeGuard for Western Digital, SeaTools for Seagate/Maxtor, HDT for Hitachi/IBM...).

System Restore
If you are able to boot into Safe Mode, try a system restore. Use a restore point from well before the trouble started.

Startup Repair
It sounds like your system is caught in an automatic Startup Repair loop. If you have access to another, known-clean & working Windows 10 computer, you can use that computer to create a Windows 10 DVD. Using the Windows 10 DVD you can either try an in-place repair reinstall, a System Reset (saving your personal files, or not: either is possible), or various other repairs (obviously, "Startup Repair" isn't working to well at the moment ...).

To simply create a System Repair DVD: use the working Windows 10 PC -
1) Right-click the Windows 10 Start Menu icon
2) Select Control Panel
3) Select File History
4) Select System Image Backup
6) Select Create a System Repair Disc
...and follow the onscreen instructions. (basically, put a blank DVD in your DVDRW drive, and create the disc).

You can use the System Repair Disc to start the PC when it is so unstable it won't start reliably ... and try a System Reset or a Startup Repair when booted from the CD.

Let us know if you have questions - Good luck!

To try an in-place repair reinstall, you'd need to create a bootable Windows 10 installation DVD. Here are the instructions for that:
Create a bootable Windows 10 DVD

Go to the Microsoft Windows 10 website:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

1) Once on the Windows 10 site, scroll down to the section "Need to create a USB, DVD, or ISO?"
2) Click on the blue option button "Download tool now"
Once the download is complete, double-click MediaCreationTool.exe
3) "Getting things ready" will appear for a bit.
4) Agree to the License Terms by clicking on Accept
5) "Getting a few things ready" will appear.
6) On the following screen, select "Create installation media for another PC".
7) And click Next.
8) Select your preferences: language, Windows 10 version, bit-depth (the defaults are English, Windows 10, 64-bit)
9) Select ISO file.

If the iso is created on a computer already running Windows 10, simply put a blank DVD in the optical drive, right-click the .iso file you created & select "burn disk image". Otherwise use a DVD burning capable prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/blue-screens-and-freezes-1119473.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi My Packard Bell Laptop is driving me wild It is a bit old but has been working fine till now When using the compute usually browsing on Google Chrome the screen freezes the cursor still works but ctrl alt del is useless and it blue screens and restarts It is happening everytime I turn the laptop on but the time it happens varies I am now running in Safe Mode with Networking and it seems to be fine I have tried System restore to the earliest point possible and it doesnt fix the problem Screens XP Blue Freezes & I have also run CCleaner and Spybot and cleared anything found I am running Avast Anti Virus Packard Bell Easynote W Mobile Amd Sempron Processor RAM Mb Help Please Hijack this Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on XP Freezes & Blue Screens Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS XP Freezes & Blue Screens System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings James FITZI XP Freezes & Blue Screens Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings James FITZI Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings James FITZI Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings James FITZI Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Documents and Settings James FITZI Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings James FITZI My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run RMC C WINDOWS system drivers RMC exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run NetStat Live C Program Files AnalogX NetStat Live nsl exe O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Documents and Settings James FITZI Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c ... Read more

Relevancy 70.09%

I haven't been able to get my system running stable since a clean install of Windows 7 Professional 64 a few months now. The computer is about 3 years old. Local pc tech shop installed 7 64 Pro on a brand new hard drive (2 months ago) that was tested prior to installing the OS.

I've included required reports. I believe my memory has been thoroughly tested and is running well. The only thing I haven't done is uninstalling Avast though not sure why it would be a problem software.

Thanks in advance for help!

TT

A:Blue Screens and Freezes still going on randomly

Avast was implicated in at least 3 of the 5.

Avast can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221609-blue-screens-freezes-still-going-randomly.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Guys Really need some help as i am now at the end of my teather with my W install seem to get random blue screens and complete freezes of the system no mouse or keyboard responses and anything that seemed to be working on screen freezes Have done numerous mem tests no errors on cycles and removed kaspersky last night then played CODMW and bluescreened after a while As it stands this is the most unstable system i have ever built and its so damned frustrating any help really really appreciated - want to and help noob freezes screens with blue spend whatever free time doing anything or than trying to figure out whats going on with this The details of my system Selfbuilt Win pro bit - probably classed as retail as its an education install so full and not OEM ASUS M A T USB AMD - new in last month bios AMD athlon X - months old G corsair dominator RAM running - - - months old noob help with blue screens and freezes nvidia GS - yrs old

A:noob help with blue screens and freezes

Quote:
4G corsair dominator RAM running 9-9-9-24 @1600 12 months old

--> Attach your CPU-Z screenshots:
1 - MEMORY tab
2 - SPD for each slot

---> Update drivers:

HDVidvx.sys Sat Oct 13 05:47:33 2007
Not sure what software/device it is, probably www.guillemot.com

SaiH8000.sys Fri Apr 04 07:26:34 2008
Saitek Hid Driver

nusb3xhc.sys Thu Jan 21 22:22:21 2010
motherboard driver for USB 3.0

Rt64win7.sys Wed Jun 23 05:10:45 2010
Realtek PCI LAN

Crash Dumps:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [F:\a\Minidump\D M P\DMP\011511-23883-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c16000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e53e50
Debug session time: Fri Jan 14 19:07:32.293 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:05:03.698
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck D1, {fffff80001ada9b2, 2, 8, fffff80001ada9b2}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff80001ada9b2, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff80001ada9b2, address which referenced memory
Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002ebe0e0
fffff80001ada9b2
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
FAULTING_IP:
+6261303437663432
fffff800`01ada9b2 ?? ???
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: BlackOpsMP.exe
TRAP_FRAME: fffff80000ba2cc0 -- (.trap 0xfffff80000ba2cc0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=00000011788dc140 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=00000000000756eb
rdx=00000000000000eb rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80001ada9b2 rsp=fffff80000ba2e58 rbp=00000000000756eb
r8=fffffa800518c210 r9=00000000000000c2 r10=00000000000000eb
r11=0000000000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
fffff800`01ada9b2 ?? ???
Resetting default scope
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002c85ca9 to fffff80002c86740
FAILED... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/137918-noob-help-blue-screens-freezes.html
Relevancy 70.09%

i was scanning my computer using SpyBot Malwarebytes and AVG just to make sure Blue after Screens scanning? and Freezes nothing was up and right before the Malwarebytes and Spybot could finish my computer froze with my cursor still being able to move around and went into a blue screen Freezes and Blue Screens after scanning? i wasnt able to write down the numbers since i wasnt prepared but then after i went into SafeMode i tried scanning again to make sure there really isnt anything wrong but right before all scanners were finsihed it crashed again Thid time i wasnt ready to write again either But when i re-started in SafeMode and the same thing happened i took pictures on my phone before anything happened and wrote down other information that popped up from the quot Windows had just recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot pop up when it opened in safe mode again i own a Dell Inspiron and the operating system is Windows Home Premium i believe if there's any other information i didnt provide and you guys need just ask and i'll try to find it out -What the Pop-up said- quot Problem Freezes and Blue Screens after scanning? Signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP FFFFF FC A BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP E CO BCP FFFFF C B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that can help describe the problem C Windows Minidump lt file number gt dmp C Users lt my username gt AppData Local Temp lt file name gt xml quot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freezes-and-blue-screens-after-scanning-618106.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My computer has become unusable and i have a major project due next week I have scanned it with ESET and found nothing It Blue screens over and over or the keyboard and mouse just freeze completely This is Computer often Screens Freezes, Blue occuring more frequently each day I tried going back to a system restore before the problems began but within hours the problems were back When the computer starts backup i get the quot Computer Freezes, Blue Screens often This system has recovered from a serioius error quot and then the error report says possible virus but i find nothing on scanning Thanks for your help Sarah DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV ThreatFire On-access scanning enabled Updated B B A - C - - D- FFC E AV ESET NOD Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C Running Processes C windows system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C windows System svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C windows System WLTRYSVC EXE C windows System bcmwltry exe C windows system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe svchost exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C windows system nvsvc exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDAgent exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSSvc exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C windows system dllhost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDEngine exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C windows Explorer EXE C windows System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C windows stsystra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager Docmgr bin WavXDocMgr exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSTray exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Vidalia Bundle Vidalia vidalia exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files GPSoftware Directory Opus dopusrt exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files Vidalia Bundle Privoxy privoxy exe C Program Files Vidalia Bundle Tor tor exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files UltraEdit- uedit exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings User Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader c d-c - c - -fce ad c - c program files snagit SnagItBHO dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-... Read more

A:Computer Freezes, Blue Screens often

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/238272/computer-freezes-blue-screens-often/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I need help with diagnosing what the problem is with my computer Sometimes it freezes while I m working and there s blue screens I bought a new motherboard new graphics card new RAM and new SSD hard drive weeks ago The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer s memory and detected no errors Here is the problem info HWMontior BIOS temps and voltages CPU-Z and HWMonitor reports are attached as a txt file dmp and xml files from the blue screen are attached as a zip file Thanks to anyone who can help me TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Intel and freezes Computer Screens Blue Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI G M-P Combo MS- Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer freezes and Blue Screens

The minidump shows the error as 116 which relates to your graphics card driver, either you have an outdated driver installed or there is a fault with the card. The bios snapshot shows the voltages are ok but have you checked the PSU is powerful enough to supply the graphics card with what it needs.

Check the power supply is sufficient by Googling for the graphics cards minimum requirements.

Visit the Nvidia site, download and install the latest driver for the graphics card.

If the power supply is ok and after you install the latest driver the problem still occurs with the same error code I would suggest returning the card for a replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-and-blue-screens.1104878/
Relevancy 70.09%

Have gotten a few bluescreens but mostly just freezes out of nowhere. From what i can tell it's mostly when i am watching a video or playing StarCraft2 / League of Legends.
Looked in the Event Viewer and it said Kernel-Power Event 41 for the times it crashed.
When I brought it in to a guy to get fixed he couldn't get it to crash.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit(6.1, Build 7601)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: D5468AT-ABA ALONPAV
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8550 Triple-Core Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM

Not sure what other Info i need to submit, sorry. I'm getting really frustrated any help would be great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-freezes-and-blue-screens.1051589/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi i have custom build gaming computer i recieved as a christmas present years ago Its on its last legs already as i plan on getting a new one in a few months but i need this to last till them I've had this computer in different shops in the past year and nothing has been fixed Screens, Freezes, and Blue Buzzing! because they cant recreate the phoblem im causing or thats the excuse i get My computer will blue screen and scroll some jibberish I have to manually turn the computer off with the switch in the back If i turn it on right away it will usually freeze on the Windows loading screen If it makes it back on it will BUZZZZZZZZZZZ during the majority of the windows loading Blue Screens, Freezes, and Buzzing! screen If i Blue Screens, Freezes, and Buzzing! have too many pages open in a browser it will BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ Mostly i use this computer to play World of Wacraft and anytime i get into a really populated area my computer will BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I know NOTHING about computers absolutely nothing except how to turn it on and play my game With that being said i dont care why this computer blue screens freezes or buzzes What i do care about is not being annoyed by the buzzing PLEASE can anyone tell me how to turn the buzzing off Im willing to run this computer into the ground fry the memory overheat the whole dang thing i dont care I just really want to know how to turn off the buzzing The last guy i took this computer to says he turned the temperature alarm up loud enough for me to hear it Im assuming this buzzing sound is what he turned up I want to turn it down and play in peace lol

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screens-freezes-and-buzzing-608488.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My daughter went to some Harry Potter site and my Symantec Endpoint Virus scanner caught some virus attack from that site But the virus got by SEP I used Malwarebytes to clean but I am still having issues with browser redirects freezes of OS amp blue screens The BSD freezes Redirects, blue screens & stated something about pcmcia sys and iastor sys sp I do have access Redirects, freezes & blue screens to a Windows XP install CD in order to boot off it if needed -Andrew DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by adouglas at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning disabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system savedump exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost Redirects, freezes & blue screens exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C lotus notes nsd exe C lotus notes nslsvice exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C lotus notes ntmulti exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrpservice exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe c Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery ADM IUService exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Logger logmon exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT TPFNF SP exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Lenovo AwayTask AwaySch EXE C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Wallpaper Master Wallpaper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotif... Read more

Relevancy 70.09%

hey, i recently got random bluescreens happening around 1 time each half hour. sometimes it just freezes and i gotto restart my computer my self, and sometimes it pops out to bluescreen, i've tryed to reinstall windows, didnt help.
the weird thing about the bluescreens is that it never happens when im gaming, just when im not doing anything, or browsing on the internett, sorry for my poor english! and i hope anyone have any idea what i can do about this,

im using W7 x64!

A:Random blue screens/freezes

I dont know if this is any help, but i started getting the freezes when watching full 1080 hd movies on youtube, my first thought was that my geforce was defect, but i could still play starcraft2 on full graphics without having a single freeze.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-blue-screens-freezes.151457/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I've been getting BSODs and constant freezes for a while now They started happening right after my laptop was forcibly turned off by a dead battery OS - Windows -bit Windows OEM version came pre-installed on system Age of system hardware years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS No reinstallation CPU - AMD Athlon II P GHz Dual-Core Video Card - ATI and Screens Blue Freezes Toshiba Mobility Radeon HD Series MotherBoard - Satellite L D Power Supply - brand amp wattage - Targus watt System Manufacturer - Toshiba Exact model number - L D-S or PSK lU- I'll include the rest of the BlueScreen information in the Toshiba Blue Screens and Freezes next post but this is the first BSOD info I received after restarting my computer to factory settings Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP FFFFF FC BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP BCP FFFFF CB OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Orbacedo AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

A:Toshiba Blue Screens and Freezes

9/27 3:02 PM

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000000000045CB
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF80002A4B995
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Bucket ID:
X64_UNKNOWN_SYSTEM_FAILURE_ON_MACHINE
Server information: f65f1329-8a48-48b0-917e-e2a2f6bc9e8a

9/27 2:08 PM

Problem signature

BCP1: 00000000000045CB
BCP4: FFFFF80002A4B995
Bucket ID: X64_UNKNOWN_SYSTEM_FAILURE_ON_MACHINE
Server information: cfc59ca9-9883-4248-b67d-c340e10b4261

9/25 2:51 PM

Problem signature
Locale ID:

BCP1: 00000001000000DD
BCP4: FFFFF80002A59995
Server information: b434fed6-585c-463a-901a-752279819317

9/18 3:11 PM

Problem signature
OS Version:

BCP1: 00000000000000DC
BCP4: FFFFF80002A4D995
Server information: 92011fbd-ab5a-4206-b431-a893e03677b9

9/13 10:37 AM

Problem signature

BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002A62117
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 000007FFFFFA0000
Server information: d539776d-1820-40cf-ab97-b7443f259c25

9/10 3:43 PM

Problem signature

BCCode: 19
BCP1: 0000000000000020
BCP2:
FFFFFA80025F5B00
BCP3: FFFFFA80025F5C20
BCP4: 0000000004120050
Server information:
bc7f8dd1-d61d-4d23-b63f-133cb18afb02

7/11 7:59 AM

Problem signature

BCP1: 00000001FF0008E4
BCP4: FFFFF80002AA0995
Bucket ID:
X64_UNKNOWN_SYSTEM_FAILURE_ON_MACHINE
Server information: 79fb388c-3180-4492-a3fb-8ff4599de93c

7/5 9:45 PM

Problem signature

BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002D6FFEA
BCP4: 0000000000000018
Server information: bacc9d98-4e95-4e4c-91ac-a0f2be1d0242

7/5 12:59 PM

Problem signature
Locale ID:

BCCode: 7a
BCP1: FFFFF8A0062E08D8
BCP2: FFFFFFFFC0000185
BCP3: 00000000013E8860
BCP4: FFFFF9600016269C
Server information: 0ea2a7d9-9ee7-4204-848c-a985b419b9d9

7/3 1:18 AM

Problem signature
OS Version:
L... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/toshiba-blue-screens-and-freezes-675132.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm getting freezing and blue screens when I play games and only ever when I play games. They point to nvlddmkm.sys which is an Nvidia system file. I've tried updating my graphics driver, I've tried rolling back but nothing works. I only have my motherboard drivers, antivirus, google chrome, Skype, steam and a game. I've tested it on multiple games but no luck. Now when I try to perform a clean install on Nvidia drivers I get the error message "the requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user mapped section open".
Please help. I have no more ideas at all on what to do, I've tried formatting my HDD but after I install everything it still blue screens and freezes.
I've sent it off to the manufacturer to test for a hardware fault but they found nothing at all.

A:Computer blue screens and freezes please help.

If manufacturer found no faulty hardware, sounds like it is most likely a driver or your game is overheating the computer. Get Core Temp which monitors CPU heat and something to monitor your GPU heat (like NVIDIA inspector) and make sure they are in safe ranges. Apparently NVIDIA has a problem with crappy drivers... so it could be you using a new driver from NVIDIA that just sucks . Or a number of other drivers like sound/display/etc... make sure those are up to date.

I am having this problem too. Last month I my comp started freezing during gameplay. I solved it momentarily by playing in windowed mode, now it is affecting that as well. I don't BSOD, just freeze hardcore and have to hard reset . I rolled back NVIDIA drivers from the vary latest version and disabled sound devices/driver. I don't know if this fixed it though...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523808/computer-blue-screens-and-freezes-please-help/
Relevancy 70.09%

i have a Compaq 32 bit with 1.00gb of ram and windows vista home premium. recently i have been having more issues than usual. one of them is if i login to my computer then go somewhere, the chances are when i get black i would have a blue screen or it would have froze. it was working fine before with minor update issues. i regularly run ccleaner and use tune up utilities and i was wondering if all of my issues are connected. after it freezes and i restart it seems to work for a bit but i want to resolve this issue. any help would be appreciated.

A:Vista freezes and gets blue screens

Welcome
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294222-vista-freezes-gets-blue-screens.html
Relevancy 70.09%

hello.

for the past couple months my computer has been randomly freezing and/or restarting itself. i changed the automatic restart thing, so now its showing error messages. most recently shown was this:

STOP: 0X0000000A (0XC1FCF695, 0X000000FF, 0X00000000, 0X804E1503)

i tried googling it but to no avail. if i remember correctly, it seemed that the problem started only when AOL was open - the computer would freeze if aol was open..but not the problem has increased in frequency freezing up to 7-8 times a day with and without blue screens. i have not installed any new hardware in the past 6 months and when it seemed that aol was the problem, it had been on my computer since i bought it.

any ideas?
thanks!
erica

Relevancy 70.09%

Hey I ve got this brand-new laptop blue-screens and spontaneous Freezes detailed in my specs for school purposes Problem is I ve been noticing recent issues that Freezes and spontaneous blue-screens have occurred over the past two or so days My family paid almost two thousand dollars USD for this and it s been extremely reliable up until now I really need it for school and I honestly have no idea as to why these issues would happen My machine will spontaneously freeze completely- that is to say everything will just completely stop and I will have no control whatsoever The screen still displays the last frame I was on and nothing more The only solution I ve found to this is holding the power button in to induce immediate shutdown This prompts the black screen quot Windows has detected an improper shutdown what would you like to do quot upon restarting and offers boot options in safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt and booting normally I ve also been noticing that it will spontaneously crash to a blue screen that says quot windows has encountered an error and needs to restart If you get this error screen again check to make sure your drives aren t full quot etc I d like to screenshot it but as it automatically performs the restart moments after that screen shows up and after the OS dies I can t However when it finally does restart I get a window that looks like this I know my drives aren t full I m using about of the Gigabytes available on this harddrive The only thing I ve done recently is use CCleaner to fix some registry issues that was about two days ago and I ve since used the backup to reverse any damage done I know using any program to mess with the registry can cause a lot of harm but I m very inept at using computers and hardly thought it might result in issues this badly As far as that goes I ve only installed Adobe Reader and Cisco Clean Access that s it I m using the -bit edition of Windows Vista This has been going on as I said for the past two or three days and it s increasing in consistency I don t think I can successfully boot the machine and shut it down any more one single time without this error showing up Can anyone possibly tell me what might be wrong or what might have caused it nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, I need help with diagnosing what the problem is with my computer.

Sometimes it freezes while I'm working,
and there's blue screens.

I bought a new motherboard, new graphics card, new RAM and new SSD hard drive, 3 weeks ago.
The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors

Here is the problem info:

HWMontior

BIOS temps and voltages

CPU-Z and HWMonitor reports are attached as a txt file.
dmp and xml files from the blue screen are attached as a zip file.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Useful information!

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 8191 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 60954 MB, Free - 16629 MB; D: Total - 610480 MB, Free - 463083 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, G41M-P33 Combo(MS-7592)
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A:Computer freezes and Blue Screens

This  looks like a problem with you video driver.  You might want to update it and see if this helps.  Always go to the manufacturer of you graphic card or chip to download drivers.

Edit:  I personally am not comfortable opening download which I don't know exactly what the content is.  This is why members are usually asked to copy and paste the results of logs from scans.  Nothing personal, just seflpreservation for my computer's health.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502772/computer-freezes-and-blue-screens/
Relevancy 70.09%

Within the last few weeks my computer has been blue screening and freezes Blue random screens without making a minidump file this all started when it was storming and I switched my computer off at the wall Something happened and my computer thought it was and it took me to bios when I booted it up again maybe I need a new cmos battery but mainly it has been freezing anyway I checked event viewer and found it saying quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first Blue screens and random freezes This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost Blue screens and random freezes power unexpectedly quot but it doesn't really say anything else My most recent freeze up happened a few hours ago and there is really nothing I can go on that I can think of I know my computer isn't overheating or anything like that as well I've been hoping it'd blue screen again to get a minidump file but it's been a while since it's done that so I decided I'd post here Also I configured my blue screens so that they should create a minidump and that the blue screen will freeze so I can read it as well If there's no success here I'll probably just restore my computer to defaults Also I probably won't check this thread until tomorrow since it's pretty late here Thanks in advance D Power supply RX- AE Motherboard M A X-EVO-ASUS Processor AMD fx core ghz Graphics cards crossfire AMD HD 's Ram gb

A:Blue screens and random freezes

Hi,

Hmmm....I am thinking it's possible that your power supply is the culprit here. I googled that model and it looks like the manufacturer is "Raidmax" and I have to say, Raidmax don't make really great quality power supplies. May I ask, do you have a spare power supply laying around to test on your computer?

You can also purchased one for testing purposes. Keep the receipt so you can return the power supply later. If you do decide to purchase one, I recommend getting good brands such as "Seasonic" and "XFX". Hope everything works out well for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-screens-and-random-freezes-912098.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey guys I ve got a computer that continues to randomly freeze and has once come up with the error quot IRQ IS LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO quot I originally thought it was the memory I ran memtest but on the th error checking method on the st pass it froze and black boxes came up on the screen I tried again and again with each stick of ram and the same thing happened each time I m not sure what to try out next Mobo PSU or CPU look Freezes Screens and Blue Solved: like the obvious answer to me but all of them are going to be hard to test I don t have a spare AMD CPU to try and all of my PSU s are in use atm It will take some time to get it out My other thought was that if it was a PSU problem wouldn t the computer just turn off instead of freezing I ve had that problem before Any help would be great Brent nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

2 days ago i was using computer, when i shut programs everything on desktop was gone, all files said they were empty. i did a system restore from a previous date and then they all returned. then i began receiving a message box which said center stage unable to complete. it continues to pop up, then periodically i am getting a smile in the left hand corner of screen. this has caused great difficulty with the internet. it either redirects me to the wrong pages no matter what search engine i use, or i have to click on specific site 4 to 5 times before it will actually go to the site. i have been reading different threads on internet stating that it is a problem with sony vaio. i have also purchased a new nortons virus program installed and scanned whole computer and it still has not fixed the problem, can anyone please help.

A:problems with sony vaio

Hi codfish10,

Generally I would say that it looks like a malware, but lets check a few things first before going down that road:

What exactly is that "center stage" fault, could you please provide us with the full error message and/or a screenshot of the event.

If you run the PC in Safemode (Press F8 during startup), choose "safemode with networking", does the problem persist there aswell?

What page are you being redirected to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-sony-vaio-596574.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi there

I have an old Sony Vaio laptop that i have stuck some more memory in and formatted before installing W7 ultimate. however i am having issues installing drivers for some of the hardware, specifically and most essentially the centrino wifi setup and the graphics chipset

the model is a Sony Vaio VGN-FJ3S/W that runs and intel pentium m 740 processor and Intel? 915GM centrino chipset

i've tried the sony website but its only supported driver downloads top out on windows vista and those drivers dont work

any suggestions of help much appreciated

thanks

Ben

A:Sony Vaio Problems

done some digging, seems intel havent released and drivers for this old chipset that will work with windows 7 :-(

oh well best sell the old girl then! sad times!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/160896-sony-vaio-problems.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I have this epic piece of junk Sony Vaio Problems Vaio with Sony New laptop brand new that I am helping a friend set up There are a couple of blaring problems Things seem to freeze up at times I can't click at certain times and the biggest issue is that the system appears to hang and or go at an EXTREMELY low Problems with New Sony Vaio speed during certain functions One example is Windows Update I'm quite familiar with Windows Update on XP I've never used Vista but I would think it would be similar I've never seen Problems with New Sony Vaio updates take this long and these aren't large updates either This screen had stayed like this for almost minutes No movement on the progress bar whatsoever Eventually it starts up and will finish but it takes FOREVER http i photobucket com albums p pia DSC jpgThere were other updates too that were rather small under mb that just froze for Problems with New Sony Vaio an eternity before finishing at best going VERY slowly I'm talking having to wait minutes for updates that should have taken minutes Some of the updates required a restart at which point I could have written a couple of novels by the time it finally booted into windows after various reboots and a strange screen I have never seen before black dos like screen with escalating counting numbers with file names This computer is brand new right out of the box from Comp USA It looks very cool but performs like crap Could this be a lemon I've never had a brand new computer act like this yet I've never used Vista - so I'm not sure what to think Here's just a few of the many errors I'm getting Log Name SystemSource Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOMDate PMEvent ID Task Category NoneLevel ErrorKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer Sederia-LaptopDescription DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Sederia-Laptop lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt WSearch lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name SystemSource Microsoft-Windows-ServicingDate PMEvent ID Task Category NoneLevel ErrorKeywords ClassicUser SYSTEMComputer Sederia-LaptopDescription Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-sl-SI-LP-Toplevel from package WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux Feature Pack into Absent Absent stateEvent Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Servicing quot Guid quot bd f b -fc - a -a -b a a c quot EventSourceName quot Microsoft-Windows-Servicing quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Sederia-Laptop lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt UserData gt lt CbsUpdateChangeState xmlns quot http manifests microsoft com win window... Read more

A:Problems with New Sony Vaio

Being a new system, you've got to be aware of the warranty, and of the time lost attempting to fix the issues (plus any time it may be out for repair).

So, my suggestion would be to backup any information on the system and proceed with a restore of the system to factory specs.
This will tell you, in short order, if the problem is hardware based or software based (the warranty covers hardware).

If the restore doesn't fix it, this indicates that the problem is most likely in the hardware. Then, either send it in for service or exchange it for a new one (depending on the reseller's return policies).

If the restore does fix it, then there's a software issue that will have to be troubleshot if it recurs.

FWIW - my experience with Sony laptops is that they are very good computers - but every once in a while a lemon will slip through and it's a genuine pain to fix it and keep it fixed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214890/problems-with-new-sony-vaio/
Relevancy 70.09%

First off...

When my vgn-fs920 laptop was new i had a set of speakers plugged into the front headphone jack and my brother knocked it off the bed and it broke the headphone jack on the computer. Is there anyway that can be repaired?

Second...

My ignorant brother knocks it off again last night and cracks the LCD screen...
do you know where i could get one for a fairly good price?
is it easy to replace?

A:Sony Vaio Problems...

You better keep the next laptop off your bed, or keep it away from your brother...

Phone jack is part of the motherboard $400-$700

LCD screen $1000

All this equals save for a new laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-problems.91634/
Relevancy 70.09%

Sony Vaio vgn-fj270 hard drive went bad, friends computer and when she got the blue screen of death she wanted to save some stuff so after going online and researching she entered msconfig and did something to the boot.ini, now I have purchased a new hard drive for her and installed it, put in the Windows XP Home disc, formatted the new drive and finished step one of the os install, when the computer restarts it will not start from the HD, instead it keeps going back to "to boot from cd press any key", I have entered setup and set the machine to boot from HD first but nothing works, any Ideas?

A:Sony Vaio problems

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNFJ270&LOC=3#/manualsTab , take a look at Sony instructions for replacing hard drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425307/sony-vaio-problems/
Relevancy 70.09%

(I hope I spelt that right!).

Could someone tell me, on the Sony vaios' are the usb ports (on the back) connected directly to the main board? As I am wondering if it is possible to repair or replace them?

Any help much appreciated.

A:sony vaio usb problems

that depends on your model. most vaios use integrated USB than is built right into the motherboard. other models have a pci card installed.

sony vaios are terrible computers, especially from the standpoint of assembly and component choices. so don't be surprised if you finally get the stupid case open and find that you can't do anything about the problem.

perhaps more detailed information of your problems would help...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-usb-problems.43657/
Relevancy 70.09%

New Sony Vaio VPCEB4AFD (Canada only) laptop with blu ray disc player/burner. \it plays DVDs but not copy protected blu ray discs. I have learned about AACS and ICT which may be my problem but have no idea how to get an access key or even update the current one if it even exists.

Anyone else had to fdigure this out?

A:blu ray problems on new sony vaio

Problem solved but thanks anyway

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blu-ray-problems-on-new-sony-vaio.987251/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello, i have been having some problems with my Sony Vaio lately.

Whenever i start it up it seems to hang at loading explorer.exe and it just shows a blank screen for about 5 minutes and then loads everything up.

The mouse touchpad and buttons are also playing up, i have to click things atleast 6 times before they will open up and the scroll on the side of the touchpad will not work. I do not think it is my something wrong with the touchpad and buttons because i plug in a mouse and it is having the same problems.

I have attached a DxDiag, thanks.

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello everyone I have been trying to work on my mother s Sony VAIO PCG- B L laptop for the past short while The situation occurring with it has become quite frustrating and I am not exactly sure what the problem could be The laptop is running Windows XP Home Edition SP with MB RAM It uses a Ghz VAIO Problems... Sony AMD Athlon processor Here is the problem When booting the computer a message stating quot Operating System Not Found quot is displayed and nothing more At random times it will actually boot into Sony VAIO Problems... Windows but after awhile the hard drive makes clicking sounds sequentially kind of like quot click click click quot Unfortunately I am unsure of what model manufacturer hard drive the laptop has within it I have been trying to find a good bootable floppy diagnostics utility to find out this information so that maybe I could perform a low-level format and some other tests on the drive to see if there is a problem there I was told by many people that this could probably be fixed by doing pattern testing read write testing and low-level formatting the drive Any help would be greatly appreciated I think that the first Sony VAIO Problems... step would be to find a good preferably free bootable floppy diagnostics information utility in order to find the name serial number of the hard drive so that specific drive utilities from the manufacturer could be downloaded and utilized Thanks in advance for any help with this whatsoever I just hope that this problem can be fixed without having to purchase a new hard drive and have it installed as I am currently unable to work with hardware under skilled Thanks everyone Take care nbsp

A:Sony VAIO Problems...

Sounds like a dying harddrive. Some of the VAIOs actually have easily accessible HDDs from the back (usually just 4 screws and 1 back panel), you may be able to open it yourself to take a look.

Otherwise if it's still in Warrenty, you can try contacting Sony.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-problems.423921/
Relevancy 69.23%

Ive asked about this on a few different sites but it keeps getting worse and I haven't found the issue yet I of New screens and blue freezes lots having Computer just recently built a new computer with the help of my friend Its specs are -LG DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH NS - OEM -SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive -G SKILL Ares New Computer having lots of freezes and blue screens Series GB x GB -Pin New Computer having lots of freezes and blue screens DDR SDRAM DDR PC COLOR blue important COLOR blue important Desktop COLOR blue important Memory COLOR COLOR COLOR Model F - C D- GAO -Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I -Antec NEO ECO C W Continuous Power ATX V v EPS V PLUS Certified Active PFC COLOR blue important COLOR blue important Power COLOR blue important Supply COLOR COLOR COLOR -MSI N Ti PE GD OC GeForce GTX Ti GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card -ASRock Z Pro LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB COLOR blue important COLOR blue important ATX COLOR COLOR Intel Motherboard My Mouse and Keyboard are -Rosewill Gaming Keyboard RK- -COOLER MASTER CM Storm Xornet SGM- -BLON I am running windows ultimate x I've only had it for around a week as of right now I have had several BSOD where the only message is quot hardware failure Contact Manufacturer quot I had one today with a message but when I went to get the log it wasn't there Just today it BSOD while playing Dark souls and it completely locked up while playing Borderlands Previously I've had it BSOD while on the internet and while editing with Audacity Last night I ran Memtest once on each ram stick and they both passed I also ran furmark for a few minutes until my temp evened out Anyone know an easy way to diagnose what the issue is or have any suggestions on what I can do I'm running out of ideas and I really want to make my new comp work well At one point I discovered my COLOR blue important COLOR blue important CPU's COLOR blue important fan COLOR COLOR COLOR wasn't working due to it hitting a wire so I fixed that After I tested both sticks with MemTest I put both back in and started the computer It wouldn't start and instead would only run for a few seconds and then power down and I think it would restart I unplugged it and re-plugged it and it worked again Is there any possibility that the power supply or motherboard could be the cause of all these problems Is there anyway to test for either Just today I had my friend reseed most things in the computer I also did a reformat but now I notice that the computer clock won't stay set after I shut it off It did this before but now I'm wondering if it is related and maybe the motherboard is the issue Do you think the time issue could be caused by something else or is that still just the COLOR blue important COLOR blue important MOBO COLOR COLOR If so since the MOBO is still in warranty should I just return it for a replacement instead of buying a new battery Also I decided to try OCCT Somone online reccomended trying the linkpack test firtst After running it at it lasted minutes of the I set it for and I received the message quot Core over maximum value value reached Max Value quot Does this mean my CPU is bad I'm not really sure how to interpret it Also ran the PSU test and got the same message with Core instead of this time Also got with CPO occt test Just now I Was just sitting on my computer with Occt open and not running and the whole system froze up and I unplugged my peripherals and replugged then and also received a black screen with just the message Parity Error Not sure what this means As it is I am RMAing the MOBo to at least fix the clock problem Maybe it will fix the rest

A:New Computer having lots of freezes and blue screens

Just in passing. If you are overclocking STOP. Revert to default.

Check all the cables, FANS, parts, and reset them.

Verify all the parts are compatible with each other from place of purchase.

Replace the CMOS battery (since it wont keep time)

Try booting with only essential devices hooked up (keyboard, monitor, mouse)

Try booting in safe mode (F8)

Try booting from the OS dvd.

Good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/new-computer-having-lots-of-freezes-and-blue-screens-667914.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, I've had this laptop for 3 years, and it initially had some problems with the display driver not responding and then recovering. Then it was fine until very recently where the display driver started causing freezes and blue screens very frequently.

I've uninstalled the display drivers and tried different kinds: none have managed to fix the problem. Right now I am using the standard VGA driver, and there are no problems. However, now I cannot use any graphics heavy software such as games or Photoshop.

Can anyone help me? My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1520, and the graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT.

Thanks in advance.

A:nvlddmkm.sys causing freezes and blue screens

Hi and welcome to TSF the driver should be here Drivers & Downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/nvlddmkm-sys-causing-freezes-and-blue-screens-573934.html
Relevancy 69.23%

um i created my own thread lasttime but what ever dont go nuts at me i only have minidump i recently ran windows debug manager with the symbols which pointed me to the driver for my razor diamodback mouse and as i recall getting a virus this virus must of infected the driver that or windows updates installed an xp or vista driver which i have seen it do before i have had no more blue screens since i deleted the old driver from windows system and installed the proper windows driver off the razer website this is purely incase i missed something and i know i could still receive a bsod or freeze as i have had kernel power errors before last one was due to an overheating cpu as the place i got my old computer made forgot to put thermal compound on the cpu so yea this is only to see what happened and to help others out there with the hideous kernel power error

A:ntoskrnl.exe causing blue screens and freezes

This .dmp file is 3 weeks old and would not provide any useful information... let us know if you are having any specific problems...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/107906-ntoskrnl-exe-causing-blue-screens-freezes.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I built this PC about months ago ASUS A V DELUXE AMD Geforce GT Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Seagate Barracuda GB RPM M Cache Serial ATA DDR CRSR Voltage Blue and Screens Freezes, Some Fluctuation, MB X The following problems have pretty much plagued me from the start or fairly soon after building it I ve finally been annoyed enough to try and fix them This was the first computer I built so I don t know much about them and need your help Thanks Problem Asus Probe shows the voltages it monitors fluctuating a lot especially the v v As Voltage Fluctuation, Freezes, and Some Blue Screens low as or so to Never above v - v - Vcore - I haven t paid much attention to the last voltages until this post so they could be fluctuating more The v jumps around the most and Asus prob pops up and beeps at me every now and then when it goes below or so These numbers jump around the most when I play games such as World of Warcraft Problem Computer Freezes Mostly while playing games the computer will freeze First the computer beeps then my picture stops moving then I can t move the mouse then the sound loops and eventually stops then everything comes back in reverse order The screen might go black but I haven t noticed it recently This also has happened by just browsing the web Overall lasts about - seconds I can also go a day or two without it happening to not being able to play World of warcraft at all as it will freeze or times in a row Problem Blue Screens Sometimes I get a blue screen and have to restart the computer I haven t really paid attention to what they were saying until today I figured out how to look at dump files today and the errors stop codes or whatever were mostly A KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR and a couple F CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION Out of files were F s the rest A s I only had files as I reinstalled windows about weeks ago So those are my problems and I don t really know what to do Some more important information is I built another pc exactly the same as mine for my cousin I think it was before I realized mine had a bunch of problems lol with the exeption of a different case Same brand Thermaltake different model but with the same power supply His doesn t have any problems No freezes or blue screens and his voltages are very stable and always higher than mine His v is higher than v higer than etc His voltage lines on the graph stay straight mine are always jumping around even when no programs are running Mine also has more fans than his to Anyways thanks for any help I ll be out of town from July th Sun until the following Sunday I ll check this post up until I leave and when I get back P S My monitor went out on me a week ago I have to pay the shipping for a new one arg nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voltage-fluctuation-freezes-and-some-blue-screens.29981/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there I bought an Alienware computer with Win on it not quite years ago and haven't had any problems for a long while Recently I get a huge ammount of random freezes mostly in or right after start up and I have to then force shut down the computer random (0x0000003B...) screens and Blue freezes to get it working again I thought at first that it was just because of the heat and just gave it some time Now the crashes Blue screens (0x0000003B...) and random freezes get more common and are often related to a blue screen I am not sure which part of it is relevant so I'll try to write everything down I found on it xD I will try to take a picture next time it happens I get the error code x B x C D xFFFFF A A xFFFFF ABD x a bit further down I think it says win k sys - Address FFFFF A A base at FFFFF not so sure about the second part but I tried to write everything down as good as possible I tried googling it and found several posts with parts of the codes but I wasn't sure if the same things would be relevant for me if it's not all matching exactly I will upload my system info and my sf file if you need anything else please tell me

A:Blue screens (0x0000003B...) and random freezes

Welcome to SF!

The .zip you uploaded contains two dumps which are not recent, (08/09/2012 & 22/06/2013)
but both suggest a driver misbehaving.
22/06/2013 Bugcheck:
Code:
BugCheck D1, {fffff8800294dcd8, 2, 0, fffff88001921b5a}

Probably caused by : ndis.sys ( ndis!ndisReceiveWorkerThread+19a )

Code:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8800294dcd8, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88001921b5a, address which referenced memory
Although not pointing to a particular driver other than a legitimate Microsoft driver,
ndis.sys, we can by association look for probable causes.

Code:
fffff880`0b245bd8 fffff880`019219c0 ndis!ndisReceiveWorkerThread
fffff880`0b245bd8 fffff880`019219c0 ndis!ndisReceiveWorkerThread
fffff880`0b245b48 fffff880`01921b5a ndis!ndisReceiveWorkerThread+0x19a
fffff880`0b245288 fffff880`019a50eb ndis!ndisMIndicateNetBufferListsToOpen+0xdb
By going through your drivers I can see that your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
driver is very old.
Code:
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys
Image name: Rt64win7.sys
Timestamp: Mon Mar 22 11:57:14 2010 (4BA73EFA)
Driver Reference Table - Rt64win7.sys
-=Download The latest version=-

Code:
Description: Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1594878)
Version: 7.073
Update Time:2013/8/1
Size: 5951k
Remove Daemon Tools, it's known to causes issues with Windows 7.
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite
Uninstall Daemon Tools using the Add or remove programs utility found the Control Panel.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

Cleanup your startup by following this tutorial, basically only your Anti-Virus should be there.
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

If you're experiencing anymore issues feel free to post back here!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302134-blue-screens-0x0000003b-random-freezes.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi All I have screens blue Constant freezes, and restarts been suffering a few issues with my PC crashing at seemingly random points Generally one of the following happens at random points when running my PC PC Halts and screen freezes Blue screen Constant freezes, blue screens and restarts of death displays briefly before PC resets itself I get numerous errors here PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA for example was one however there are a number of different errors I have also received Computer restarts itself immediately A relatively new symptom is that when booting into windows it will restarts around the point that the login screen displayed and loop continually until I power off The system at the moment seems to be ok for approx minutes on cold-boot however will always ultimately fail If I am lucky I seem to be able to get an hour out if it I do not believe this to be a windows issue as I have dual boot XP Vista and Linux and all operating systems will crash in the same way I have tried the following Replacing RAM with brand new RAM Disabling integrated sound card Replaced PCI-Express graphics card with brand new card Disable on-board LAN Moved RAM to different ports When I originally replaced the RAM the PC was working perfectly for a few days however after going on holidays for a few days I came back to discover the same symptoms had re-surfaced I have run windows memory test again today and this is reporting mass errors yet again Personally I am running out of ideas and believe this is likely a CPU Motherboard issue but if that is the case I will have to fork out the money to buy a new PC I would prefer to get a bit longer than months out of my relatively new PC If anyone has any other suggestions theories as to what else might be causing my problems here please let me know Thanks in advance Chris nbsp

A:Constant freezes, blue screens and restarts

I'm having freezing too.....if worse comes to worse and you could use a new MB they are probably like $150 I'm guessing and you might be able to install yourself. No reason to fork out lots of dough.
pete

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-freezes-blue-screens-and-restarts.784458/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all i'm new here My brother bought a Dell Inspiron laptop with Vista a few months ago for and sold it to me a few weeks later for However since i have had this laptop i have had many problems I used to have an older Dell laptop with a Celeron processor and Windows XP and running games Football Manager on this computer was fine But since having this better laptop it feels a lot slower than my older laptop and there have been numerous times when the laptop has just frozen and takes roughly minutes to start working again My main problem though is that i have had countless blue screens These have happened roughly one every day or two for the past two-three weeks but in the last day or so i have had at least five A friend told me that Vista had known problems with Norton Antivirus which i was using so i deleted this and installed McAfee a week ago but as i said the blue screens continue When they occur it does not state which files have caused it and although it does provide a line or two of technical information it say quot Beginning dump of physical memory quot and restarts the computer within a few seconds The Multiple Blue Screens, Crashes And Freezes annoying thing about this for me is that there is not one particular thing that i am doing when the blue screen occurs it happens at any time i appreciate that i haven't provided any technical information but Multiple Blue Screens, Crashes And Freezes i am currently downloading Multiple Blue Screens, Crashes And Freezes HijackThis so i should have some information soon In the meantime Multiple Blue Screens, Crashes And Freezes can anyone see a possible cause of what is happening

A:Multiple Blue Screens, Crashes And Freezes

Please don't post the HiJackThis log with your next post. If you're interested in posting one, follow the instructions here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/Here's a link on how to find more info about the BSOD's: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491With that information we can start at trying to isolate the cause.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159143/multiple-blue-screens-crashes-and-freezes/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all,

Purchased a Lenovo G580 yesterday with Windows 8 on and before I give up hope and return this computer I was looking for some advice.

Yesterday throughout the day I was getting blue screens and having to restart the computer - to do with ntoskrnl.exe, igdkmd64.sys, CLFS.SYS, WppRecorder.sys, dxgkrnl.sys. I was advised to check my drivers so I updated what I could find and the Intel website updated a number of drivers.

Now I am not experiencing these blue screens but if I leave the laptop say ten minutes unattended the screen freezes and becomes very pixelated and I have to restart.

Is this likely to be a hardware fault or could there still be some technical tricks I could yet try? I could easily return the laptop but didn't want to uninstall everything and get another if there's something I can yet do.

Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys, im not sure if this is the right section or not but oh well.

I have a sony vaio VGN-NR31J/s laptop, and i recently installed Windows 7 ultimate, it runs perfectally but im having some issues with my battery.

First problem is that i only get about 30-40 minutes maximum battery life, opposed to the 3 - 3.5 hours i had on vista.

The other problem is that it takes a whopping 5 hours to charge back up!

i have no idea whats causing these problems, i have installed the most up to date drivers for everything, installed sony vaio power management and tweaked every setting possible, but still no change.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thankyou.

Ritz

A:Sony Vaio battery problems.

With Lithium ion batteries, you will want to turn off sleep and hibernate and drain them once per month.

Completely drain the battery, then fully charge it.

It will help, but it may be beyond repair if you have never done this.

It can't hurt to try it.

You can also go in to advanced power options and change the settings on the battery.

Good luck. Hope this helps in some small way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/54184-sony-vaio-battery-problems.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a Sony Vaio BX563-B. I have encountered a black screen; no matter what I seem to do, I cannot get it to light. It seems to be getting power (the fan runs, the CD drive spins, etc.) but regardless of whether on battery power or AC, I cannot get it to respond.

I have run the computer on battery until exhausted, allowed the machine to recharge, and still no result. Help?

A:Problems with Sony Vaio Screen

Either the backlight or inverter has failed. You need to replace one or the other, and there are only24 screws of four different sizes to remove and reinstall... but it is the screw covers that are the difficult part on a Sony.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-sony-vaio-screen.140313/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi

My friends Sony VAIO (running XP with SP3) shows the WiFi is (apparently) all working fine but for some reason it will not connect to any sites like Google etc. This laptop hasn't been used for a few years and we are trying to download any available updates but we just cannot get it to connect.
Have you any advice please?
Thanks in advance.

Jon

A:Sony VAIO with internet problems

Can you connect using a hard-wired connection?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-with-internet-problems-648605.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,

Everytime I start my laptop, it loads up gets onto my homepage and then after about a minute freezes completely, meaning that I have to press the power button to turn it off and on again.

Please advise as to a remedy to this situation

Kind Regards

Daniel

A:Sony Vaio Technical Problems

Freezing can indicate an over heating issue. Clean out the inside the pc with a can of compressed air, if it is a laptop clean all air vents with a can of air. Keep the laptop elevated from bed, couch, and carpet like surfaces consider a cooling pad.

If you have a desktop access BIOS look at the temp and voltage readings. Also post the make and model of your machine, and PSU make and model including wattage. Custom build same thing including the brand and model of your motherboard, and graphics card if any.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-technical-problems-646320.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Now bearing in mind im not very tech minded here is my problem:

I have a Sony laptop with in-built WiFi, running on vista.

Now, when im at home it finds my network and connects straightforward.

Yet, when im at my girlfriends place, it finds the network no problem, full signal yet when i try to connect to it it doesnt want to know. When I click to diagnose the problem I just get a "wireless association failed due to an unknown reason" message.

I know the router at my girlfriends place is working fine because a computer upstairs connects to it and so does the Nintendo Wii.

So basically I know the WiFi in the laptop is working an I know the router is working, they just don't work together.

Any ideas?

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Robbie

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, I hope that i am posting in the right place and giving the right information, apologies if not.

I bought a new Sony VAIO a week ago, and i am generally pretty happy with it, i just have some slight problems with wireless connections. When i connect with the wifi at home or in a place with free wifi, the connection sometimes will last for a minute or tow and then cut out, and the only way i can reconnect is by restarting my laptop, which is a pain. Turning the wireless switch on and off doesn't help and often when i try to reconect windows explorer doesn't respond or says it cannot find any networks. Any idea if there is a simple fix?

I have a VAIO VGN-NR38M running on Vista Home Premium.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-wireless-problems.764912/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys

Ok so I was handes this sony vaio laptop model pcg-7141L to fix because of viruses. Well I removed the hdd and hooked it up as a external and dis virus scans, house call found 8 and mse found 1. So I hooked it back up to the laptop and tryed to boot but I got a start up repair screen that said it couldn't repair the problem. I can't find any restore points or recovery options and sfc/scannow refuses to even work all I get is a "windows was unable to start the repair proccess message. I'm trying my vista 64 erd disk as soon as I boot it but I don't know if sfc will work from the cd or not.

I've tried safe mode but the pc reboots, now I'm running out of options on how to fix it. Any body have any ideas I can try?

A:Problems with a sony vaio with vista HP 64

I suggest you connect the HDD as a slave to the other system again, copy your personal files out, reconnect the HDD to the original system and reinstall Vista x64.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-a-sony-vaio-with-vista-hp-64-a-484503.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have posted a few other times recently regarding this epic piece of junk Sony Vaio laptop that I am helping a friend set up It was performing so poorly that I disabled many services to help speed things up a bit I was told here that disabling services could lead to more problems so for the sake of troubleshooting I ve restored the system to the state it was in right out of the Vaio Problems Sony Solved: with New box There are a couple Solved: Problems with New Sony Vaio of blaring problems Things seem to freeze up at times I can t click at certain times and the biggest issue is that the system appears to hang and or go at an EXTREMELY low speed during certain functions One example is Windows Update I m quite familiar with Windows Update on XP I ve Solved: Problems with New Sony Vaio never used Vista but I would think it would be similar I ve never seen updates take this long and these aren t large updates either This screen had stayed like Solved: Problems with New Sony Vaio this for almost minutes No movement on the progress bar whatsoever Eventually it starts up and will finish but it takes FOREVER http i photobucket com albums p pianoman DSC jpg There were other updates too that were rather small under mb that just froze for an eternity before finishing at best going VERY slowly I m talking having to wait minutes for updates that should have taken minutes Some of the updates required a restart at which point I could have written a couple of novels by the time it finally booted into windows after various reboots and a strange screen I have never seen before black dos like screen with escalating counting numbers with file names This computer is brand new right out of the box from Comp USA It looks very cool but performs like crap Could this be a lemon I ve never had a brand new computer act like this yet I ve never used Vista - so I m not sure what to think Here s just a few of the many errors I m getting Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Sederia-Laptop Description DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Sederia-Laptop lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt WSearch lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Servicing Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User SYSTEM Computer Sederia-Laptop Description Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-sl-SI-LP-Toplevel from package WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux Feature Pack into Absent Absent state Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Servicing quot Guid quot bd f b -fc - a -a -b a a c quot EventSourceName quot Microsoft-Windows-Servicing quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z... Read more

Relevancy 69.23%

A friend of mine has a Sony Vaio. His battery although fully charged gives only 15-20minitues of usage. He then bought a new battery and it gives the same problem. HELP!

A:Sony Vaio Battery Problems

I assume you are talking about a vaio laptop???
The best thing he can do in my opinion is sell it asap and get a proper laptop.
Sony make good tv's and stereo's, but their vaio pc's and laptop's are rubbish.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-battery-problems.51583/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello, I own a Sony Vaio VGN-BX51XP. I recently installed Windows 7 but lost all the drivers. I tried to search for drivers for Windows 7 but there aren't any, the only ones I could find were for windows XP.

Is there any solution to this?

Also, I didn't unnistall windows xp first, I thought I could just delete it after installing windows 7, and I did delete all the files in the windows xp folder but it still ocupies 15gb, and when I turn on the pc it still asks me which windows I want to initiate.

Any input on these 2 questions would be appreciated.

A:Sony Vaio problems with Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by ytsephill

Also, I didn't unnistall windows xp first, I thought I could just delete it after installing windows 7, and I did delete all the files in the windows xp folder but it still ocupies 15gb, and when I turn on the pc it still asks me which windows I want to initiate.

This is a no-no.

What you need to do is a clean install. Back-up your data externally and boot from your windows 7 CD. Select Custom Install, format the drive and install.

Hopefully Win 7 will install drivers for your hardware and we can help you from there on even more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/24307-sony-vaio-problems-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello folks,

I Messed up and didn't do my homework about problems with installing 64bit Win 7 on a Vaio that doesn't offer windows 7 drivers. I've managed to fix most things, but I tried updating my video card and it put the standard vga driver on it, not recognizing my 8400m GT. I've fixed it before, but forgot how, and I cannot find a .inf that is compatible with my card.

Also, if anyone is feeling ambitious I've got a few other problems... I cannot get the Synaptic Touchpad to be recognized by DevMan. It sees it as a standard usb mouse. Its hardware id is ACPI\SNY9008. I'm also having random bluescreens, and cannot close most games that I'm playing if they are cpu/gpu intensive games. It just stays as a black screen until I close it through task manager.

Thanks for any help in advanced.

A:Sony Vaio VGN-AR630e Problems

I managed to fix the GPU problem by myself, but if anyone has any ideas on the others let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/143583-sony-vaio-vgn-ar630e-problems.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi folks I really need some advice from computer experts here Last night I was on my laptop listening to music surfing the net etc then all of a sudden the screen just went black Now I left this for minutes Help: screen Sony problems vaio to see what would happen after this I decided to shut down it by pressing down the on off button I left this for a few minutes to cool down then when I turned on the laptop the Sony Vaio sign showed up -all seemed fine then it went black again I done this another time and got some messages on the screen acknowledging the laptop had not shut down properly I then chose the option to enter the laptop in a 'safe mode' i think where all the icons were much larger and Help: Sony vaio screen problems the laptop had all the essential programs on it From here I chose to shut down the laptop properly so I went Start gt Shut Down I then left the laptop for a good minutes then decided to see if it was ok When the Sony Vaoi sign showed up the graphics were all fuzzy then the screen went black with yellow dotted lines running down the screen I then left the laptop overnight and switched it on this morning the message then came displaying the 'full System repair' option So I chose it displayed loading bars showing its progression etc Then the screen went back to black with the yellow dotted lines runing down it Anyone know what happened Can you help me I really need my laptop for coursework at university right now My Laptop is the Sony-Vaio-VGN-NR

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283546-help-sony-vaio-screen-problems.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello Friends I am new to this forum I need your help My wife has a Sony vaio vpccw fx that came with windows home bit from factory We had to install the professional windows version on it to run some software It installed fine and I works ok I guess The problem is that It does not want to recognize its own battery and It will go into hibernation all the time I cannot place the battery on it It is the original battery and was working fine before I was able to charge it for some days but now nothing There are some function keys such as the brightness control and so on They do not work either The device manager only displays a messages that reads other system devices base system device I tried to reload 7 vaio 7 unpgrade problems!! to Sony from pro all the drivers from the sony web page including the battery manager one and nothing does anyone have a clue it would be greatly appreciated

A:Sony vaio unpgrade from 7 to 7 pro problems!!

Try reinstall the Sony Windows 7 x64 from factory Recovery,
than do a anytime upgrade.

Anytime upgrade only adds-on the Programs & Features from version to version.
Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/155170-sony-vaio-unpgrade-7-7-pro-problems.html
Relevancy 69.23%

SONY VAIO-Skype installation problems
I have SONY VAIO laptop model PCG-7Z2L (VGN-NR120E). I try to instal Skype free software on it. I downloaded the installation-execution file and try to run (install) it. Here the problem starts. A message pops-up from Skype: We are having problems conne cting to the download server. To download an alternative installer for Skype click the 'Download' button.

When I click that button everything repeats itself coming to the same popup message
What I need to do?

A:SONY VAIO-Skype problems

You already have a thread on this problem going here - http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/1055544-sony-vaio-skype-installation-problems.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-skype-problems.1055646/
Relevancy 69.23%

Friend has a Sony Vaio he asked me to look at needed network driver. I went to control panel and clicked device manager, got the following error message. "The specified service does not exist as an installed service." I have never seen or even heard of that problem, however he said network driver was needed so i went to Sony downloaded the driver onto flash drive, when tried to open with Sony got same error message as above. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Specs. Sony Vaio VGN-FE890 Windows Vista Home Premium sp2 32bit Intel Core 2 T5500 3GB ram

Relevancy 68.37%

Alright so I've been using my PC for two years no problem The computer first gave me a garbled screen with lots of colours when I was watching a video After this I got the same error when watching a video with a BSOD with a driver irql not equal error so I deinstalled my new graphics driver and did a using error screens screen, freezes Garbled PC. blue and when full virus scan and did a malwarebytes scan nothing found there I did a memory test no errors After this test I got a relaunch and Garbled screen, blue screens and freezes error when using PC. it didn't pick up my hard drive restarted and it worked fine for hours until I got the garbled error and after that I restarted it and the screen froze In all cases Garbled screen, blue screens and freezes error when using PC. I had to hard restart I'm really bad with computers Garbled screen, blue screens and freezes error when using PC. so if you need any info I will need a bit of help getting it Thanks for all help I really need it as I don't want to have to spend an extreme amount of money to fix my poor PC P S some errors in event viewer said the drivers could not be loaded browsers had to stop and there was a kernel issue

A:Garbled screen, blue screens and freezes error when using PC.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375074-garbled-screen-blue-screens-freezes-error-when-using-pc.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello this is my first time in here and i hope someone experienced can help me solve my problem without pre-installing my windows.

I have windows 7 Ultimate : (Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]) with latest updates.It freezes very often and lately started to give me blue screens .... i think the problem is some software which i installed or maybe a driver ...not sure :

I have attached the mini dump of the system crash and i really hope someone to tell me what the problem is.

Thank you in advance.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Freezes/Blue screens ,dump

The dump file blames klim6.sys - your Kaspersky Lab Intermediate Network Driver
As such, please do the following:

Quote:

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: http://www.carrona.org/freeav.html
- uninstall the Kaspersky from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Kaspersky using this free tool: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's

Also update your USB Modem/Serial Device Driver - "Huawei Mobile Connect" package as the driver is from 2007 ( ewusbmdm.sys Mon Dec 24 05:14:56 2007 (476F86A0) )

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Sat Sep 25 06:11:12.391 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 9:10:21.469
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klim6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klim6.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kl1.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kl1.sys
Probably caused by : klim6.sys ( klim6+290f )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: System
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments fffff6fc`4004e000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`030beac2
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-ultimate-x64-freezes-blue-screens-dump-516914.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I recently had a thread on the Windows Vista forums about problems with blue screens and the like happening only when doing something that is a high-load to my computer hard problem unknown Screens, freezes, Blue like playing a game After showing my dxdiag I was given the suggestion that my sound card was the issue I have replaced the sound card as well as disabled it before replacing it it is not the issue I heard that Windows was more stable in issues like this so I prompted to install it I upgraded my system so all my drivers programs etc are the same Regardless here s the problem When playing a game for instance I can sometimes play this game for hours on end and other times I can play the game for minutes No settings changes nothing done to the hardware nothing Eventually the system will either hard-freeze or give me a blue screen In the result of a blue screen I get no error information just a generic quot If this continues to happen quot nonsense In checking the Event Logger I have found this error message at about the same time my computer froze most recently - System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x Blue Screens, hard freezes, unknown problem - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer PC Security - EventData param sptdAlso this is the same error code x for every System wide crash in the event logger I would attach a dxdiag in case there may be some information to help someone help me but I cannot find a location to input attachments Any help would be great Note it says the audio driver is unsigned all that nonsense but with or without that card or any sound card in the system I still experience these problems The sound card is NOT the issue Edit After quickly looking through the event logger more I found this critical error It was marked CRITICAL - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - Blue Screens, hard freezes, unknown problem T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer PC - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp Is that just because it hard froze and I had to turn off power myself It s something about power

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259258/blue-screens-hard-freezes-unknown-problem/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi guys,
a couple of days ago my computer started getting blue screens of death, now sometimes my computer gets a small second freeze and makes a sound like the computers crashed before it fixes itself, if it doesnt freeze, it makes the same sound but blue screens instead and when it happens, the file that apparently crashes is different every time,
for some reason the collection program isnt working for me either, it seems to freeze at steps as well when it is running the system info report, nothing else happens and the folder in my documents does not appear, ive had it run for 30 minutes and nothing's happened
i am currently trying it again at the same time im posting this

A:Random small freezes for a second and blue screens of death

Keep trying to run the collection app.

Start with these free, bootable diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239604-random-small-freezes-second-blue-screens-death.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have windows 7 professional 64 bit and it won't shut down by itself. It will only freeze at the shut down screen or restart.

This is a new computer and for reference, I have uploaded the MSINFO file. Please help! Thanks so much!

A:Windows 7 - Crashes when shutting down (freezes and blue screens)

As a follow-up, it runs perfectly normally, this just happens when I shut if down. Could it be one of the drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239236-windows-7-crashes-when-shutting-down-freezes-blue-screens.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Compaq presario BW MB upgraded RAM WIN ME IE- SP My hard drive is about months old bought brand new formatted in fat NOT partitioned the first problem if it is a problem is it is reporting that I have only GB hard drive when it said on the package it was supposed to be a GB hard drive GB free used when I formatted it I installed win and went up from there to and then to ME It now has METhere is only one error I know of Which is a hardware error I never installed the driver for the internal modem cause the driver is reccomended for win only So when the found new hardware thing pops up at startup I hit cancel I keep getting fatal exception blue screens and out of resources warnings all the time I ran avast antivirus scan your Mcaffee stinger scan adaware spybot and bazooka scans I went to run and typed MSCONFIG and changed to selective startup and turned off alot of unnecessary stuff I clean my temporary internet cache and history files out pretty often at least once a week But I still have the problem Spybot adaware and bazooka all found nothing Fatal Blue Freezes Exception Screens Errors/ wrong Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Blue Screens Fatal Exception Errors/ Freezes Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC PROGRAM FILES ALWIL SOFTWARE AVAST ASHSERV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXEC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC PROGRAM FILES ALWIL SOFTWARE AVAST ASHWEBSV EXEC PROGRAM FILES EARTHLINK CONMGR EXEC PROGRAM FILES ALWIL SOFTWARE AVAST ASHMAISV EXEC PROGRAM FILES SPYBOT - SEARCH amp DESTROY TEATIMER EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXEC PROGRAM FILES EARTHLINK ETOOLBAR EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXEC PROGRAM FILES MOZILLA FIREFOX FIREFOX EXEC WINDOWS SLRUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MDM EXEC WINDOWS DESKTOP MY BRIEFCASE HIJACKTHIS EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie ton search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www earthlink net partner more msie ton search htmlO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLLO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - Toolbar no name - C - F - -B A - EE - no file O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorunO - HKLM Run avast Web Scanner C PROGRA ALWILS AVAST ASHWEBSV EXEO - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrSchemeO - HKLM Run ConMgr exe quot C PROGRAM FILES EARTHLINK CONMGR EXE quot O - HKLM Run ashMaiSv C PROGRA ALWILS AVAST ashmaisv exeO - HKLM RunServices avast C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeO - HKLM RunServices StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXEO - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrSchemeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Startup EarthLink ToolBar lnk C Program Files EarthLink etoolbar exeO - Startup PowerReg SchedulerV exeO - Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Plugin for spop C PROGRA INTERN Plugins NPDocBox dllO - WWW Prefix http O - DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA -Oh By the way RESTORE is turned off and the quot Temp quot folder is empty so that can't be the problem either

A:Blue Screens Fatal Exception Errors/ Freezes

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58982/blue-screens-fatal-exception-errors-freezes/
Relevancy 68.37%

Low Battery Warning and replacement on SONY VAIO Desktop RSV320.

I have replaced the two 3220 type batteries twice in the past three months after never doing that the first 2 1/2 years I have owned it.
Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-pc-rsv320-battery-problems.53930/