Windows Support Forum

2100: Detection Error on HDD0 (Main HDD); Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

Q: 2100: Detection Error on HDD0 (Main HDD); Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

Hello everyone,
One fine evening while watching a movie, my laptop stopped responding and in frustration I switched off the laptop by holding the power button long enough to turn off. Next Morning it showed a blue screen and a message to recover my windows, which I failed to do and by the afternoon this message showed up. Detection Error on HDD0 (main HDD) and hence forth I've been unable to install windows from a USB drive since ( and I suppose) it is not able to read my HDD. I do not care about my data at all, I just want my laptop up and running. If I can have the data back it will be perfect otherwise I don't mind not getting my data back. I know for a fact that my Hard disk is fine because I went into command prompt, diskpart , and list disk, and saw the status of HDD as healthy, this is after the error (detection error on HDD). SO my question is: Why this error? IS there a problem in the motherboard? Why the error shows once and then doesn't show the next time and then comes up again.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 2100: Detection Error on HDD0 (Main HDD); Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 2100: Detection Error on HDD0 (Main HDD); Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

The error might be bad sectors, but I'm not sure. if my guessing is correct, you might have to get a new drive to replace. also you need to reinstall OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2100-detection-error-on-hdd0-main-hdd-lenovo-thinkpad-yoga.212391/
Relevancy 119.04%

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga with a GB SSD and an i processor nbsp I received it on April After two weeks of normal use it crashed and gave this error Detection error on HDD Main HDD I could not get it to boot I took it to a computer repair shop and they Lenovo warrantee replaced the SSD It worked for about a week then crashed again same error My tech guy said that it might be a bad board frying hard drives but Lenovo insisted on replacing the hard drive again Ten days later same crash I unplugged it and put it on Detection HDD0 (Main on 2100: HDD) error a shelf for the 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) weekend intending to take it back to the 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) shop Monday morning I plugged it in and it started up normally nbsp It has been working normally for three days but I am worried about getting the same error and crash Can you tell me what might be happening and if there is anything I can do to prevent a recurrence nbsp This seems to be a common problem across many machine models but I haven't found any solutions to it nbsp nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD)

The connector or the data controller board could be shortcurcuiting the ssd.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/2100-Detection-error-on-HDD0-Main-HDD/td-p/1588494
Relevancy 119.04%

Hi all i am discovering the same problem as most people here I have an expensive Yoga Thinkpad about euro's in januari warranty endded in januari my extra rd yr warranty i have bought is missing by Lenovo i forgot the registration but in the mean time i have send the supportdesk from Lenovo al the documents including pincode from the (Main on is HDD0 HDD) Detection 2100: ... Where error card and now they say de extra warranty was canceled and or credited Nothing of that poor service for such a great brand But now my problem about weeks 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) Where is ... ago all of a sudden my SSD stopped and generated this error It's a Samsung M TD from the same series as Lenovo mentioned Because of Lenovo's attitude of not servicing Oh yes the supportdesk guy said SSD Failure needs to be replaced for new i went on to the Internet how to open the machine and without any damage that was no problem I have a computer repaircentre myself and i tried to replace te Samsung SSD with a Gb Kingston SSD a Gb Kingston Fury SSD an Intel Gb SSD All brand new right out of stock non will work So i took the old original SSD tested it in another PC and it works perfectly i could install Win and boot from it I put it bak in the Yoga nothing the error again So i thought it would be the mailboard or controller but curious a i am i took an old Gb harddrive no SSD and guess what The Yoga booted up without any error messages external DVD connected and i could install an OS whatever Win Win no problem Then i did the same trick with a regular WD harddrive Same story worked perfectly So the mainboard neither the controller isn't damaged I phoned Samsung about the SSD and they say that the Gb series are OEM and the firmware on it is completly Lenovo's Samsung doesn't even support the firmware on those drives because that will probably kill them My conclusion it's a structural problem caused by Lenovo self and they have to call the machines with problems back to their repair centres to repair them for free i'm almost certain that all your machines doesn't have a hardware failure but it's a software problem Who is gonna bring them to court I can prove what i have tested Or you can replace all your SSD's for HD's and use your systems I am courious for Lenovo's reaction

A:2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) Where is ...

I had the same problem on a S230U Lenovo Twist. I replaced the MB and the HDD and the HD connector/controller and had the same problem. By accident, as a result of testing I installed the HD without the bracket that holds it in place. Voila it has not failed once since then. It has been running flawlessly for 2 months or more now. I havent bothered to reinstall the bracket since it is running great. There is almost no extra room in the HD compartment so I am not worried about it flopping around. Only thing I can figure is there is some kind of static buildup with the bracket installed. I tried bending the bracket to see if I could make it contact the MB to discarge static if that was the case. No good. Removed the bracket, and it worked immediately. I don't know if that will work for you but it worked for me.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/2100-Detection-error-on-HDD0-Main-HDD-Where-is-Lenovo-s-action/td-p/3287068
Relevancy 117.49%

Hello I got this error each time after hard reset or any on T440p Detection 2100: HDD0 HDD) (Main error non-standard unexpected poweroff Detection error on HDD Main HDD nbsp I found workaround how to boot each time in this T440p 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) situation i press F to load Diagnostic Utility at boot time then T440p 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) see error message press ESC to continue booting into diagnostic utility and here I already see my hard drive So just do nothing quit from utility to restart laptop And now it see hard drive and boot as usual nbsp BTW if I boot from USB flash drive and do hard reset T440p 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) it throw same error but for m SDD instead of sata HDD nbsp I have stock WDC WD JPVX- JC T hard disk and stock SanDisk SSD U GB Model of laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T p nbsp AN RT BIOS GLET WW nbsp All with lastest firmware respectively A and U B Latest updated BIOS nbsp Please suggest any appropriate solution because I can't figure out this by googling by myself

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440p-2100-Detection-error-on-HDD0-Main-HDD/td-p/3346022
Relevancy 113.46%

Hi there guys! First of all, it's my first time to post something here. Just recently purchased a Thinkpad Twist. However, after a few days, all of a sudden, I always get the error 2100: Detection Error on HDD0 (Main HD). I'm not sure what exactly is the problem though because after a few minutes, when I restart, it'll load Windows 8 back and eventually after a few browsing and use of computer, will force restart stating there's a problem encountered, etc. Once it restarts, it gives the same 2100 error again. Please help me guys as I'm really frustrated. I can't seem to use the computer normally without force restart due to error and loading windows 8 thereafter due to 2100 error.

A:Thinkpad Twist s230u 2100: Detection Error on HDD0...

I have the same problem. When I reboot the computer it keep on showing this error and it happened very often. But when you try a few time reboot it may be OK . So frustrated......I will call the support center...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Twist-s230u-2100-Detection-Error-on-HDD0-Main-HD/td-p/938651
Relevancy 95.79%

hello.  I have a E540 laptop with a ssd.  Recently I have gotten this error when starting up my computer : 2100 detection error on hdd0.  To get past it I have turn off and on the laptop multiple times.  Does anyone have a fix?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E540-2100-detection-error-on-hdd0/td-p/3386943
Relevancy 95.79%

hello.  I have a E540 laptop with a ssd.  Recently I have gotten this error when starting up my computer : 2100 detection error on hdd0.  To get past it I have turn off and on the laptop multiple times.  Does anyone have a fix?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E540-2100-detection-error-on-hdd0/td-p/3386943
Relevancy 95.79%

when this error pops up the only thing that is noted as [failure] is my media how do i solve this problem 

A:2100 detection error on HDD0 [mainhdd]

Hello ryuyankataso, welcome to the community,

could you maybe post which Lenovo notebook you have as this will help members to assist you best.  Quite often this error wil indicate that a hard drive has failed but can also mean that it has jogged loose and just needs removing and replacing.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/2100-detection-error-on-HDD0-mainhdd/td-p/2238428
Relevancy 95.79%

Hi,  I need to upgrade the firmware of the SSD and when I put the SSD in Lenovo laptops in ROM mode. I get the following error "2100 Detection Error on HDD0" as disk can't be read.  After this it asks me to press "ESC" to continue. I want it to go to PXE boot when the DISK failure is found as I push OS in the RAM and then treat this disk as secondry (SSD) and then recover it.  My boot order is set as :: SSDPXE  Can some please help how can I avoid getting in the Press ESC to continue and make machine reboot automatically? By the way its 440P lenovo machine I tried this stuff on. Any help is appreciated. Thanks-Vishal

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/2100-detection-error-on-hdd0-boot-PXE-in-RAM/td-p/3481075
Relevancy 85.87%

Hello, I've bought a S540, december 2014. Since a few weeks I'm getting the error:"2100 : Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD)"A clean install of Win10 doesn't work, he just isn't able to find the HDD so I can't install win10 on anything. Q1) Anyone agrees that this is way to soon for a HDD to die? Lenovo service centre in the Netherlands is not willing to do anything because one year of warranty is expired, really annoying.Q2) Current installed BIOS-version is 1.57, current downloadable version is 1.66. Could it be that a BIOS update will result in a detectionable HDD?Q3) If so, how can I update the BIOS via USB since the HDD is not available and my S540 doesn't have a CD-ROM player? See http://support.lenovo.com/nl/nl/downloads/ds038373 which only mentiones via a working Windows (HDD) and a CD-rom player. Arnord

A:S540 2100 Detection Erro on HDD0

I have the exact same problem.. I've changed the harddisk (Samsung SSD 840) to a brand new Kingston SDD (240 Gb). and it still does the same problem. I've had it in for diagnostics twice, but they can't seem to find the problem. Once in a while the computer detects the harddisk and I'm able to open windows (otherwise it opens the boot-menu), and it stays stable for somewhat 10 min and then the computer freezes and restarts.  I've had the detection problem for quite a while now (since March), and just restarted the computer and continued working until I turned it off myself. But the problem became worse, and now I can't even use it. I really hope you can help me. I love to work with this model, and I don't want to buy a new computer since I just started studying again and urgently need one..Thanks in advance! kgrovep

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/S540-2100-Detection-Erro-on-HDD0/td-p/2269127
Relevancy 81.22%

Hi, I bought my P50 like 4 months back and suddenly it has started to throw this error when the machine is starting up."2100: Detection error on SSD1 (M.2)". I have run the tests in BIOS mode and all the tests got passed. I have faced the error 2 times now and after keeping the machine down for few minutes and switching back on resolved the issue. But I can't be sure it will solve the issue next time.Just bit of a background to the error. I have started my machine this morning, and from Windows login screen machine sudddenly restarted saying "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". And on the restart I got the error. I do have a feeling that this not related to actual hardware, but firmware etc.  Any ideas would be highly appreciated. Thanks.Jaliya

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/ThinkPad-P50-2100-Detection-error-on-SSD1-M-2/td-p/3353616
Relevancy 110.08%

I got my X1 Yoga on 28 March 2016. After nearly 2 months with 5-10 BSOD breakdowns per day, Lenovo Support UK changed the SSD drive. So if you have BSOD 2100 detection error, I can only recommend to change the SSD drive, and dont listen to all the excuses for not doing so by Lenovo. After new SSD drive, my X1 Yoga has been performing ok.Only 1 BSOD, WDF violation, when I tried to uninstall McAfee.So SM 951 can be a crappy drive, but the new SM 951 apparently performing better. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-BSOD-2100-Detection-error-critical-process-died/td-p/3337121
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi there, i have laptop Lenovo laptop which getting 2100: Detection error on HDD0. Does it means that my HDD gonna die soon? Or the machine as other problem which related to HDD 2100 error? What is the solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2100-error-on-hdd0.1168111/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hallo I have a failed HDD In the past initialization Error (HardDisk 0xc000000e Drive) error 2100: (2) HDD0 I have usually been able to help myself to at least retrieve any data from the HDD But this time the problem seems to be different If it has any bearing this is the first time since upgrading to Windows and operating for I can't remember how long since without any issues As I always have in the past this HDD is formatted with a separate partitions for the OS and program files and for my data This has usually this been enough to retrieve my data by installing the drive in a second Thinkpad using a second HDD adapter and retrieving the data These days I also keep most of my data 0xc000000e Error 2100: HDD0 (HardDisk Drive) initialization error (2) on a NAS but 0xc000000e Error 2100: HDD0 (HardDisk Drive) initialization error (2) I do have some folders on a D or Data drive which I would like to retrieve This time however I cannot even 'see' the drive at all Not when I try to boot from it or as a second HDD using an adapter It is not even visible under Disk Management in case it needed to be initialized again So this time I seem stuck unable to help myself In the first instance I get the Error HDD Hard Disk Drive initialization error when booting from the drive When I press ESC to continue the computer tries to initialize the HDD or something and from memory I think displays an 'unable to boot from any device' screen and shows the status for the devices without any operating systems When I try the same with the affected HDD but this time with an installation disc inserted I do not see the 'Press any key to boot from CD or DVD' By the way unlike before with XP neither Win ThinkPad I have seems to boot automatically from the optical drive giving you the 'Press any key to boot from CD or DVD' option I have to select F to select an optical drive from the BOOT List Is this normal If so it's news to me Anyway and instead boot goes to this screen with the exceptions noted below Except that above the Status line read Title Boot BCD And the Info line instead reads An error occurred while trying to read from the boot configuration data With the affected HDD I seem to be stuck in this loop unable to progress beyond this screen Whereas when I try the same with a different HDD either in of two T x ThinkPads I have I do then seem to able to progress to the 'Press any key to boot from CD or DVD' option Just to be sure I have swapped HDDs and put a T HDD into the affected T p and again seem able to progress to the 'Press any key to boot from CD or DVD' option thus I hope ruling out any hardware issue in the T p other than the affected HDD Just prior to the failure the system or typing seemed to hang sometimes for no apparent reason Changing windows or finding the cursor sometimes took forever At the time it was very hot and I suspected the heat or possibly malicious software In hindsight I suspect I missed the obvious signs hat the HDD was probably failing and should have backed up Can anyone recognise the problem and help me to get the HDD up and running if only long enough to recover some folders and files

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391483-0xc000000e-error-2100-hdd0-harddisk-drive-initialization-error-2-a.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hey guys, I'm a PreMed student who's life revolves around his laptop. I'm always on social media, watching some show, listening to music, doing an essay, taking notes, updating some website, or emailing some person on campus. Of course, my old laptop broke. It was a Dell Inspiron. Now, I have a campus job and have been saving money(so money is not factor necessarily). After researching my options, I've narrowed my choices down to the three previously listed laptops. I just want to know which do you guys suggest and why?

A:Surface Book vs Lenovo Yoga 900 vs ThinkPad X1 Yoga

By looking at your requirement, you prefer on-the-go PC that lets you do all that on a decent budget, SP4 is better than SB(if you want lightweight device and decent battery life), Lenovo's are pretty good too. X1 w/o OLED seems to be a better buy in terms of ultraportability and battery life. You could wait for others to chime in.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/412029-surface-book-vs-lenovo-yoga-900-vs-thinkpad-x1-yoga.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello all nbsp I've got a user who's T s just goes to the ThinkPad logo and then after several seconds moves on but never gets to loading Windows We just get nbsp Detection Error on HHDO I had another T s so I swapped drives Now the T s that wasn't booting boots fine So I assumed the hard drive was going but the odd thing is that the nd T s which now has the problem drive in it doesn't give me the error The catch is on Error Detection 2100: HHDOcan the drive is encrypted with BitLocker and no combo of passwords or finger swipes will let us proceed So my dilemna is I can't tell if this drive is bad because I can't see it I ran Lenovo Bootable Diagnostics and they said they couldn't scan because it was encrypted I put the drive in an external dock and connected it to a Windows system and the drive doesn't 2100: Detection Error on HHDOcan show up under the Bitlocker to Go section Is there any way to tell if this drive is completely done It would be great to get data off of it but I can't seem to find a way Everything I find seems to require a drive letter and this drive has none Even booted into a live Ubuntu with the drive in the laptop and it wouldn't see it nbsp Thanks all nbsp

A:2100: Detection Error on HHDOcan

A lot of people have had this issue with perfectly good drives, and some have said they resolved it by going into setup, and then saving settings upon exit.   Others have said that by pressing F12, entering the boot menu and selecting the HD will let it boot as well.    Another said that by changing from SATA to Compatibility in the BIOS, restarting and then setting SATA back to AHCI will force a reset of the drive so it will boot too. Not sure if any will work for you, but you might put the drive back in the original system and give it a try (if you have not already anyway). I did see also where Amy_Lenovo posted in the same thread that a fix was found for the X250 ThinkPads, but that it required the system be sent into Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/2100-Detection-Error-on-HHDOcan/td-p/3396599
Relevancy 84.28%

Good day dear forum members! My brand new X1 Carbon arrived fully loaded......with errors. Right out of the box it hit me with a BSOD (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED). The system boots from the second attempt, but BSOD pops up every 5-10min. All drivers/BIOS updated. 1TB Samsung nvme ssd (PM961 f/w3L0QCXY7) seems to be using a driver dated 6/21/2006 and so does its "Standard NVM Express Controller". Samsung nvme driver cannot be installed because it claims there's no suitable ssd, Samsung magician doesn't recognize the drive either, however, it is properly identified in the device manager. Any suggestions before I ship this back..? Any help appreciated.

Moderator note: post edited to comply with Community Guidelines

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-4th-2100-Detection-error-on-Storage-Device-M-2/td-p/3329120
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,I am looking for a solution, uncomplicated and straightforward, to type special characters which I used to do via Numeric Keypad and Alt-Codes. Combinations of Fn+Alt have not worked for me. I would be greatful for a short answer.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Alt-Codes-on-Lenovo-ThinkPad-Yoga-460/td-p/3399154
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey Guys I'm rather confused about the pen support for the new Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 15. I've read quite a bit about it and find the information quite inconsistent. Some say it does support active pen some say it will in april and some say it doesn't. What I would like to know:A.) What kind of pen technology does the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 15 support atm?B.) Are there any changes in sight? / When? / What changes?C.) Can I write on it while resting my hand on the screen aka has it palm rejection?D.) How good is it for note taking? Can it keep up with my writing speed? Links to videos where I can actually see it being used / tested would be greatly appreciated.

A:Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 15 Active Pen

From what I know there isn't too much information out so far. But here's what I found out. First off, the current Thinkpad Yoga 14 and 15 don't support pen digitizers at all, and will not in the future.Secondly, the Toshiba Encore 2 Write apparently uses the same technology. See this thread. Here's what I know:- It's called Wacom "Active ES" as in Active Electro Static.- It's battery powered. Unlike Wacom's older technology, you need a battery in the pen.- Palm rejection is more of a driver thing and not the technology. So it works, basically.- People say it feels "different", not sure if that means better or worse.- Precision is apparently very good, perhaps even better than the older tech without battery.- Pen lag (speed) doesn't seem to be an issue. Might even be better than the older technology. Other than that I personally couldn't find any information about whatever will be built into the Thinkpad Yoga 14 and 15 Only that they call it "Active Pen" and that it will be out in April. Also that the displays will support something called "anypen" which basically means you can use any pen-shaped metal object to write on the display. But that isn't really of any interest to me because I want pressure sensitivity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-15-Active-Pen/td-p/2045089
Relevancy 81.7%

Seems like Lenovo for some probably sincerely Yoga P40 FHD Lenovo in Thinkpad Europe? only hillarious reasons has decided to put out the P to European markets only in FHD WITHOUT the option to upgrade to wqhd nbsp nbsp This decision to me seems to render the whole equipment useless and leaves me wonder to whom are they making their laptops for My first guess would have been customers but the more I think about it the less I believe it to be so nbsp nbsp If there's someone from Lenovo listening here's Lenovo Thinkpad P40 Yoga only FHD in Europe? something to consider nbsp Putting out P in US only in WQHD and not even giving that as an option to European markets is just simply silly Also as you produce another viable option for anyone who's looking for an alternative for Surface Book which is the Yoga I'll give you a tip on that too you probably shouldn't max it's ram to gb but let it go w-i-l-d on the full nbsp nbsp You almost had it right Close But no Not this time nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Lenovo Thinkpad P40 Yoga only FHD in Europe?

Yes that is also one of the decisions I just do NOT understand! Just for completion if Lenovo decides to read it: Thinkpad is mostly business users - I get that. But the TP line is also advertised as "high end", especially the X1C. So why on earth does the whole TP line come with Intel 520 graphics ONLY (in Europe !?). At least for T and X series there should have been either an Intel CPU with IRIS or dedicated graphics aimed to provide high erformance for those who want it and are willing to pay for it. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-Thinkpad-P40-Yoga-only-FHD-in-Europe/td-p/3271657
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey, I've had about a week to work and play with the Thinkpad P40 Yoga. If you have any questions about the device that aren't in my review, go ahead and post them in this thread. My Review:http://arthurhwalker.tumblr.com/post/141188794998/lenovo-thinkpad-p40-yoga-review

A:Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga P40 - Review

Very nice review! Thanks for sharing!! 

-

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-P40-Review/td-p/3285875
Relevancy 81.7%

My laptop doesn't turn on anymore Here is what I have to do to turn it on I tried many sequence of steps but this is the only one that works every time -Disconnect battery and CMOS battery-Press power button ten times then press and hold for seconds-Connect power adaptor and press power button nbsp At this point my laptop turns on but I have to reset my time and date in BIOS of course this is normal since I disconnected nbsp the CMOS batter Once I turn my laptop on my batter shows that it is charging and it On Yoga Won't Lenovo Turn 14 Thinkpad is at I dual boot and both Ubuntu and Windows show the batter charging at As soon as I unplug my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14 Won't Turn On AC adaptor the laptop turns off again and I have to repeat the sequence above again to turn it on This happens consistently However if I shutdown my laptop the right way without unplugging the AC adaptor at any point it turns back on normally This happens of both my Linux and Windows OS nbsp What I've tried -Uninstalling battery Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14 Won't Turn On drivers and restarting my laptop-Updating to Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14 Won't Turn On the latest power management drives from this Lenovo websiteI also read that some HP laptops have software issues that doesn't allow the laptop to switch from AC adaptor mode to battery mode I believe this might be the issue I'm seeing but I couldn't find a way to check this setting nbsp I don't think this last detail is related but when I shutdown Windows I see a message saying Closing app and restartingAsusSGPLusBTServerThis app is preventing you f rom restartingAlong with a message The instruction at x e a referenced memory at xffffe The memory could not be read Click on OK to terminate the program Thanks for your help in adavance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-14-Won-t-Turn-On/td-p/3384143
Relevancy 81.7%

There are no problems only and Lenovo to Yoga X1 upgrad... ThinkPad other...how solutions Lenovo offers WiGig or LTE-Moduls Huawei or Sierra Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga and other...how to upgrad... at the configuration on various ThinkPad models nbsp ThinPad X Yoga nbsp ThinkPad X nbsp TP X Carbon th Generation nbsp ThinkPad T etc And not both nbsp Through my solution nbsp at the same time use of nbsp both are now possible And the Lenovo warranty remains valid nbsp I have one Lenovo ThinkPad X Yoga FQ GE nbsp to get it to work with the LenovoThinkPad WiGig Dock nbsp you will need aIntel Tri-Band Wireless-AC Lenovo nbsp JT nbsp andLenovoThinkPad WiGig Dock nbsp nbsp DescriptionDock FRU PN Power Adapter FRU Line Cord FRU Marketing part number nbsp CUU ThinkPad WiGig Dock - US CA X Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga and other...how to upgrad... HM N A USYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - EU X HM N A EUYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - ANZ X HM N A AUYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - Japan X HM N A JPYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - China X HM N A CNYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - TW X HM N A TWYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - UK X HM N A UKYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - Denmark X HM N A DKYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - Switzerland X HM N A CHYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - Italy Chile X HM N A ITYes nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp This all is simple just remove the Intel wireless AC- and put the Lenovo JT AC - inside now you only need a third WLAN antenna Space is enough on the battery Just stick the antenna on it Connect the antenna cables Install all the driver and the System will work like a charm And that was it Best regards nbsp and have fun nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-20FQ0044GE-upgrade-to-the-Intel-WiGig/td-p/3450047
Relevancy 81.7%

There are no problems only solutions Lenovo offers WiGig or other...how Yoga and to ThinkPad upgrad... Lenovo X1 LTE-Moduls Huawei or Sierra at the configuration on various ThinkPad models nbsp ThinPad X Yoga nbsp ThinkPad X nbsp Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga and other...how to upgrad... TP X Carbon th Generation nbsp ThinkPad T etc And not both Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga and other...how to upgrad... nbsp Through my solution nbsp at the same time use of nbsp both are now possible And the Lenovo warranty remains valid nbsp I have one Lenovo ThinkPad X Yoga FQ GE nbsp to get it to work with the LenovoThinkPad WiGig Dock nbsp you will need aIntel Tri-Band Wireless-AC Lenovo nbsp JT nbsp andLenovoThinkPad WiGig Dock nbsp nbsp DescriptionDock FRU PN Power Adapter FRU Line Cord FRU Marketing part number nbsp CUU ThinkPad WiGig Dock - US CA X HM N A USYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - EU X HM N A EUYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - ANZ X HM N A AUYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - Japan X HM N A JPYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - China X HM N A CNYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - TW X HM N A TWYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - UK X HM N A UKYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - Denmark X HM N A DKYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - Switzerland X HM N A CHYesThinkPad WiGig Dock - Italy Chile X HM N A ITYes nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp This all is simple just remove the Intel wireless AC- and put the Lenovo JT AC - inside now you only need a third WLAN antenna The other antennas remains behind the screen what I noticed after The overall reception strength has risen significantly By the new arrangement of the antennas nbsp Space is enough on the battery Just stick the antenna on it Connect all the antenna cables Install all the driver and the System will work like a charm And that was it Best regards nbsp and have fun nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-and-other-how-to-upgrade-to-the-Intel/td-p/3450047
Relevancy 81.7%

I?m currently experiencing issues with inconsistent digitizer pen pressure/sensitivity.When painting within CS6, the strokes will suddenly and randomly grow thick and bold, despite brush settings for opposite results, and without a change in the pressure I apply to the screen. I am running CS6 on a Lenovo ThinkPad S1 Yoga, with a Windows 10 64-bit OS.Is this an issue with my Lenovo, Photoshop, Windows 10, the pen, or something else?What steps can I take to resolve this matter once and for all?

A:pen pressure w/ lenovo thinkpad s1 yoga

Hi

Maybe you can try updating some of the driver related to the Pen.

There is the Wintab Driver for Windows 10. Check if you need to update it.
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds041384

Other thing that also may help is doing some "trial and error" with other pen related software, link using Inkscape and configuring it with the pen just to try it out.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/pen-pressure-w-lenovo-thinkpad-s1-yoga/td-p/3291658
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey, i know the topic where here, but you never talked about my model, the ThinkPad Yoga 14 20DM003RGE.Is there any possibility to use the Active Pen from Lenovo or any other kind of digitizer? Greetings, Lion.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-14-20DM003RGE-Pen/td-p/3308289
Relevancy 80.84%

I recently bought a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260 with Windows 10 Pro 64 bits. I instaled Intel Wireless Display Software to see the desktop on a TV. The software works with the Samsung TV I have where I work, but it does work with the Samsung TV I have at home. The Samsung TV model I have is the UE55F6400. When I tried to connect, the connection works for a while, but after a time I receive the message "Video Data not compatible" ("Datos de Vídeo no compatibles" in Spanish). Of course I instaled the newest drivers for the notebook and the last firmware of the TV. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-260-WIDI-does-not-work/td-p/3335551
Relevancy 80.84%

HelloI'm enountering many stutterings and freezes while working with the laptop. Starts with not following up with my writing in word and also happens while I'm working with AutoCAD.Details of the Laptop:Systemmodel: 20DQ003QMZi7 55008GB RAMRunning Win10 CPU load idles at around 15% and RAM roughly 20%What information can I provide to get rid of this problem? Isnt very enjoyable to work like this.regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-15-stuttering-and-freezes/td-p/3341860
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi All, i just purchased a brand new Thinkpad Yoga X1 and out of the box the touchscreen isn't recognized by windows and neither input via fingers nor via pen works. I would greatly appreciate it, if anyone could tell me if it's just some wrong settings or if the laptop is faulty. Thank you in advance,Torben

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X1 Touchscreen does not work

Welcome Torben1. You could first try to run Lenovo System Update to see if there is any updates.2. If no updates or problem persist after updates, contact Tech Support.

PeterThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 
Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee
=====================================
List of Sound Enhancement Thread
W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Chromebooks-11e-X-and/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-X1-Touchscreen-does-not-work/td-p/3295853
Relevancy 80.84%

HelloI'm enountering many stutterings and freezes while working with the laptop. Starts with not following up with my writing in word and also happens while I'm working with AutoCAD.Details of the Laptop:Systemmodel: 20DQ003QMZi7 55008GB RAMRunning Win10 CPU load idles at around 15% and RAM roughly 20%What information can I provide to get rid of this problem? Isnt very enjoyable to work like this.regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-15-stuttering-and-freezes/td-p/3341860
Relevancy 80.84%

I recently bought a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260 with Windows 10 Pro 64 bits. I instaled Intel Wireless Display Software to see the desktop on a TV. The software works with the Samsung TV I have where I work, but it does work with the Samsung TV I have at home. The Samsung TV model I have is the UE55F6400. When I tried to connect, the connection works for a while, but after a time I receive the message "Video Data not compatible" ("Datos de Vídeo no compatibles" in Spanish). Of course I instaled the newest drivers for the notebook and the last firmware of the TV. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-260-WIDI-does-not-work/td-p/3335551
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all, Recently bought a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20DM) with Windows 10. But randomly the screen is flickering for a few seconds, then is back to normal. If a connect the HDMI to a TV, the laptop screen is flickering while the TV is working fine. I already updated Windows and all the drivers. Any idea or suggestion? Thanks and regards,Jose

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-14-screen-flickering/td-p/3364927
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi Everyone, A few days after I received my TPY 15 with Windows 10, it began to register random ghost touches which close and open windows, pause videos and such.  It typically happens when I power up the computer (startup, coming back from sleep/hibernation), I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem and if there's a solution.

A:Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 15 Ghost Touches

Hi Can you please post the complete model number of your TP Yoga 15? I don't have that one, but will it be something similar to this thread? Do you actually see on Windows the "animation" of the touch screen being used?...that circle animation that Windows shows when you touch the screen ? Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-15-Ghost-Touches/td-p/2198432
Relevancy 80.84%

I have ben dealing with problems with this touch screen since I got the laptop.  It has been continuously ghosting, while it got better after the June update, it still ghosts without touches, until you start using the touch screen.  When using the touch screen it starts drawing gray lines in between the point im touching and the point its ghosting to (the lines arent always direct). I recently wiped my the drive, reimaged to a backup from april and tried reupdating it.  When I got to the touch screen drivers, I got through the initial setup and told it to open the update when finished but the machine froze.  Now when I try to reinstall, I get to the finish page on the update tools install, have it open the updater, but the program immediately closes.Any help would be much appreciated.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-Thinkpad-X1-Yoga-Touch-Screen/td-p/3457194
Relevancy 80.84%

I just both a new lenovo thinkpad yoga S3 14", and I was surprised to see that when maximizing any application window (fullscreen), all screen went black and started to flicker / blinking immensely. My first reaction was to "ALT+TAB" but it didn't work so I did "WINDOWS KEY + M" to minimize the fullscreen window and the problem stopped. Then I ensured that all windows and lenovo updates were installed. Restarted the computer again and again but the problem persists. Anyone with the same issue? What's your advice? - I ran the hardware verification tool from lenovo with no issues- laptop model is: 20DM009KPG    

A:Lenovo thinkpad yoga S3 14 - maximize / fullscreen...

Same laptop S3 Yoga 14. Same problem before repairs and after repairs.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-thinkpad-yoga-S3-14-maximize-fullscreen-flicker-blinking/td-p/3312035
Relevancy 80.84%

The other day I was closing my ThinkPad Yoga, and I noticed a bad-sounding crunch. I tried opening and closing it again, but there didn't seem to be a problem. But I noticed today that something definitely has happened. Now, my hinges are out of alignment with one another. The right hinge looks OK, but the left hinge looks kinked forward. This causes the screen to be lopsided when in laptop mode, but it it also noticeable when the laptop and screen is flattened out. See in the the following image how the right hinge is flat, but the left hinge is kinked up?  Is there anything that can be done about this?

A:Lenovo Thinkpad S3 Yoga 14 hinges are out of align...

Ouch.... that's gotta hurt  I just grabbed my TP Yoga 14 to see if there is a way, without forcing it, to turn it into that position and it is not possible. Maybe it is time to send you machine to the local Lenovo Service Center and ask if the warranty will take over that. Regards 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Thinkpad-S3-Yoga-14-hinges-are-out-of-alignment/td-p/2210901
Relevancy 80.84%

Does anyone know the part number for the ThinkPad X1 Yoga? I usually buy a spare or two.

A:Part Number for Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga

For the whole unit? The PSREF will have them: http://psref.lenovo.com/

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Part-Number-for-Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Yoga/td-p/3339583
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi Everyone I just received my new Lenovo ThinkPad Lenovo 14"? to restore S3 factory Yoga ThinkPad Need S Yoga quot UltraBook http shopap lenovo com au en laptops thinkpad yoga-series yoga- I do not want to start using my new laptop until I update to Windows I am aware that in order to update I need to click on the Windows Icon Button in the taskbar at the bottom right hand corner of the screen From here I am supposed to enter my email address However here is the challenge after installing all available Windows Updates said button has DISAPPEARED I have downloaded and run the win fix full zip file as suggested at CNET http www cnet com au how-to how-to-get-the-windows- -upgrade-icon-if-its-missing After trying all of the fixes all I can say is that one fix managed to crash my new computer to the point of requiring an immediate shutdown and a memory dump I am now thinking that the best course of action may be to return my new laptop to factory default settings Can anybody suggest how I can go about returning this unit to factory default settings I don t just want to erase files preferences etc instead I Need to factory restore Lenovo ThinkPad S3 Yoga 14"? want to return Windows to Need to factory restore Lenovo ThinkPad S3 Yoga 14"? it s factory issued state Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:Need to factory restore Lenovo ThinkPad S3 Yoga 14"?

If you're logged in click on the Start button and type "Refresh" (w/o the quotes). One of the "finds" should be "Remove everything and reinstall Windows"; click on that.

If you can't log in check your documentation. If it doesn't have that little "Lenovo" or "OneKey Rescue System" button beside the regular power button then there must be some key or key combination you need to press upon power on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-factory-restore-lenovo-thinkpad-s3-yoga-14.1152455/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all, is there an apapter to be able to use the ThinkPad power adapter (or an power pack) with the "USB power adapter" (the one with the little "horn" on the side (sorry, that is no professional description).  Thank you and best regards,DanStrg

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-adapter-to-Thinkpad-power-adapter/td-p/3452696
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi Everyone I just received my new Lenovo ThinkPad S Yoga quot UltraBook ThinkPad Yoga quot Laptop Tablet Hybrid Lenovo Australia I do not want to start using my new laptop until I update to Windows I am aware that in order to update I need to click on the 'Windows Icon Button' in the taskbar at the bottom right hand corner of the screen From here I am supposed to enter my email address However here is the challenge after installing all available Windows Updates said button has DISAPPEARED I have downloaded and run the win fix full zip file as suggested at CNET How to get the Windows upgrade icon if it's missing - CNET After trying all Need ThinkPad to 14"? factory Lenovo Yoga restore S3 of the fixes all I can say is that one 'fix' managed to crash my new computer to the point of Need to factory restore Lenovo ThinkPad S3 Yoga 14"? requiring an immediate shutdown and a memory dump I am now thinking that the best course of action may be to return my new laptop to factory default settings Can anybody suggest how I can go about returning this unit to factory default settings I don't just want to erase Need to factory restore Lenovo ThinkPad S3 Yoga 14"? files preferences etc instead I want to return Windows to it's factory issued state Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo

Can you boot to Safe Mode? If so, you can refresh Windows 8 which should keep files, but reset settings and such.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/need-to-factory-restore-lenovo-thinkpad-s3-yoga-14-a-1024426.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,I have a problem from the first day I bought this computer, couple of months ago.When I plugged headphones to the headphones connection, I sound static and really annoying noise from them. Sometimes it stops, but whenever I play sound in the computer it always in the background.After a bit of researching I found that what cause this is the Nvidia drivers that installed, when I disable them, it stops.How can I fix this? I don't want to keep these drivers disabled since I need to use the Nvidia video graphic from time to time.(btw I tried to switch between Realtek drivers to windows generic drivers, It didn't work) Thanks in advance!

A:Lenovo thinkpad yoga 14 static noise from headphon...

Hi.
Welcome to the forums.

Can you please post the full model number of you Thinkpad? Are you using Windows 10?

I have a TP Y 14 (20DM008UUS) with one of those ThinkPad In-Ear Headphones (57Y4488) (and Windows 10 64bits) and I don't apreciate any static sound while hearing music or videos.

How are you disabling the Nvidia drivers, from Windows Device Manager? Disabling the NVidia display adapter worked for you to remove the noise sound?

I always try to keep the Thinkpad Yogas driver up to date. Do you want to give it a try updating the Nvidia and the Realtek drivers?

Let me know your model number and we will check the support page for the latest drivers.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-thinkpad-yoga-14-static-noise-from-headphones/td-p/3293026
Relevancy 79.98%

I've been having trouble with the fingerprint sensor on my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga laptop (type 20FR) for the last week. It is now completely unresponsive after working just fine for months. In device manager it says "This device cannot start (Code 10)." I've tried disabling/enabling the device form device manager, uninstalling/re-installing the drivers, and wiping stored fingerprints from the BIOS settings. After wiping the fingerprints from BIOS settings and re-programming the fingerprint sensor from the Windows Hello settings menu, it worked for a day, but then the issue with the finger print sensor crashing returned. What do I do?

Capture.JPG ?41 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-fingerprint-sensor-crashes/td-p/3456762
Relevancy 79.98%

The fingerprint scan function stopped working yesterday for my computer. I googled for a solution and I found one I tried to follow it. One of the steps was to update the bios and I did and it worked for one hour or so and then stopped working again. I couldn't do the other steps at all since I don't have anything software called Lenovo fingerprint manager pro on my computer and I can't find it anywhere online for Windows 10 either. Does anyone else has the same problem as me? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P40-Yoga-fingerprint-scan-stopped-working-for/td-p/3395091
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello, i noticed that when i'm turned on laptop to tablet mode (physically) wifi stops working or wifi signal becoming very low.  I'm using Lenovo thinkpad yoga 14. Maybe you have a solution for this problem?

A:Lenovo thinkpad yoga 14, wifi problem on tablet mo...

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you please post the full model number of your Thinkpad Yoga 14?
Are you using Windows 10?

I may suggest you first to try to update the Wifi drivers and maybe some other of the system driver of you Yoga.
Here are my general tips:

1) Try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Patches
2) Try Lenovo System Update to get any new/missing drivers.
3) Try to install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows App Store, Lenovo Companion also has a "update driver search"
4) Sometimes all that software does not recognize some updated / missing driver. Check Lenovo's Support Site and search for your specific model drivers (use the full model number of your Thinkpad).

After that we can try a little bit more. For example I also like to test it on some other Wifi networks just to be sure it is not a compatibility issue with the Wifi Router.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-thinkpad-yoga-14-wifi-problem-on-tablet-mode/td-p/3426981
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello, I was hoping that someone could shed some light on this subject. When I first bought this computer the only issues that I had were that the Windows 10 settings as well as the control panel settings were not indexed properly, and would not show up when I searched for them. After performing a recovery multiple times without any luck using the built in recovery option I decided to use the Windows 10 recovery media creation tool and reinstalled Windows 10 that way. This fixed the settings indexing problem, but now I have another problem. I can't seem to get the auto-rotate feature to work at all. I have installed the drivers for my particular model of laptop through the Lenovo Support page but my screen still won't rotate when I change orientations. Any information/suggestions would be a big help. Thanks!

A:Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14 auto-rotate problem

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I was not able yet to be sure which is the driver that manages the autorotation on Windows 10 for this TPY 14. But I think it can be good for you to install the latest driver available for it and some Lenovo tools that are utilities to manage the computer.

Here are my general tips.

1) Try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Patches
2) Try Lenovo System Update to get any new/missing drivers.
3) Try to install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows App Store, Lenovo Companion also has a "update driver search"
4) Sometimes all that software does not recognize some updated / missing driver. Check Lenovo's Support Site and search for your specific model drivers (use the full model number of your Thinkpad).

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Yoga-14-auto-rotate-problem/td-p/3372611
Relevancy 79.98%

I recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20FY). The problem I've been having is when the battery reaches about 25%-30%, it suddenly drops to 6% and I'm alerted to charge the battery. Any idea what this is happening and how I can fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Yoga-14-battery-suddenly-dropping-to-6/td-p/3442360
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi Everyone I just received my new Lenovo ThinkPad S Yoga quot UltraBook ThinkPad Yoga quot Laptop Tablet Hybrid Lenovo Australia I do not want to start using my new laptop until I update to Windows S3 factory 14"? Lenovo to Yoga Need ThinkPad restore I am aware that in order to update I need to click on the 'Windows Icon Button' in the taskbar at the bottom right hand corner of the screen From here I am supposed to enter my email address However here is the challenge after installing all available Windows Updates said button has DISAPPEARED Need to factory restore Lenovo ThinkPad S3 Yoga 14"? I have downloaded and run the win fix full zip file as suggested at CNET How to get the Windows upgrade icon if it's missing - CNET After trying all of the fixes all I can say is that one 'fix' managed to crash my new computer to Need to factory restore Lenovo ThinkPad S3 Yoga 14"? the point of requiring an immediate shutdown and a memory dump I am now thinking that the best course of action may be to return my new laptop to factory default settings Can anybody suggest how I can go about returning this unit to factory default settings I don't just want to erase files preferences etc instead I want to return Windows to it's factory issued state Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo

Hi Everyone,
In an attempt to fix this I first followed the 'Remove everything and reinstall Windows' instructions at the link below -

How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC - Windows Help

The above procedure did indeed restore my computer to the original Factory defaults.
However unfortunately when I booted up, entered my initial details, and got to the Desktop the 'Upgrade to Windows 10 button' was still missing.
My next port of call was to install all Windows updates, about 750 Megabytes, which I did. Then after several reboots, related to the updates, I once more returned to the Desktop only to find the button missing again!
I have now downloaded the Windows 10 iso from the link below, and will post back with my progress -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Kind Regards,
Davo

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69297-need-factory-restore-lenovo-thinkpad-s3-yoga-14-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Right So hello and thanks in advance Solution showing... Lenovo 14 - ThinkPad Center: Yoga I have a ThinkPad Yoga updated and running the latest version of Windows Home -bit First of all I have to point out that this issue could not be an issue with app incompatibility because all Lenovo apps and programs are working however LSC seems to be throwing up a strange error message It has been displaying the ThinkPad Yoga 14 - Lenovo Solution Center: showing... same errror message since moment one of ThinkPad Yoga 14 - Lenovo Solution Center: showing... upgrading to W this issue wasn't present in W Under system I get a Software Update critical warning and it says Windows Update You never updated Windows Status out of date Last update not available To update your operating system you must run Windows Update Launch Strangely enough no amount of clicking on the launch button will actually start wUpdate And that's it I've already recieved downloaded and installed a dozen updates and the message is still there On another post here in the forum I read that if updates weren't set to download and install automatically I would get that error but I haven't changed any update settings Everything is automatic Instaling downloading everything Any ideas nbsp nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to Subject line to improve visibility clarity Have a good day Solved Go to Solution

A:ThinkPad Yoga 14 - Lenovo Solution Center: showing...

Looks like we're in the same boat. Got any snacks while we wait? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/ThinkPad-Yoga-14-Lenovo-Solution-Center-showing-strange-messages/td-p/2146051
Relevancy 79.12%

Please help!! My Lenovo Yoga wend to a completely black screen and will not power down or reset itself

A:Lenovo Yoga Thinkpad - black screen, wont shut down

How to remove the battery from a Lenovo Yoga ThinkPad

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-yoga-thinkpad-black-screen-wont-shut-down.1160081/
Relevancy 79.12%

I normally have a C:/, H:/, J:/, N:/, X:/, and Y:/ drive, but in a mysterious phenomenon I have lost all of those. I have work to save on those drives, and they are inaccessible. I have attempted to go to Disk Management, but I am denied "access rights," presumably as I am not a licensed IT guy. If there is anything that can be done, I need it done.

A:Missing Network Locations--Windows 8.1, Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

You needn't be a licensed (or even unlicensed) IT guy to use Disk Management, but I am guessing that you are using a work computer that is probably in a domain and you will need to get help from your IT department.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-network-locations-windows-8-1-lenovo-thinkpad-yoga.1160084/
Relevancy 79.12%

I updated to Windows 10 immediately when I started up my new Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga. I now find it will not auto-rotate screen when I shift from laptop to tablet, portrait to landscape etc. How can this be enabled?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P40-Yoga-enable-screen-auto-rotate-for-windows/td-p/3415312
Relevancy 78.26%

I am having an issue with our Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga's connecting to our MDT server When I boot to Windows PE and try to connect to the deployment share I No to Yoga Found Thinkpad Networking 12 Booting WinPE Devices When Help! Lenovo receive the message no networking devices found on this machine I was able to find a link to MDT drivers Help! Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12 No Networking Devices Found When Booting to WinPE on the Lenovo site https support lenovo com us en documents ht I have imported this driver into MDT and created a selection profile I have ensured that the driver is in the boot image I have also tried injecting the drivers manually while booted into PE Just for good measure I even tried the drivers for the Think Pro One Link Dock and Help! Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12 No Networking Devices Found When Booting to WinPE for the USB to ethernet dongle I have researched the web for solutions on this issue and tried all that I have found thus far Oh by the way I have even totally recreated the MDT server from scratch and I still have this issue with the Yoga I have other models of Lenovo computers and I can connect to the MDT server in PE on these machines Any advice or assistance would be highly appreciated as I am under the gun to get this up and working

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591499/help-lenovo-thinkpad-yoga-12-no-networking-devices-found-when-booting-to-winpe/
Relevancy 77.83%

How to fix it? Been reading all the problem here but it didn't help me. It suddenly happen when I try to power on the Laptop. Been using it for 2 years this only happen now please help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-x230-2100-error/td-p/3332688
Relevancy 75.25%

I purchased an X Yoga (M.2) X1 error SSD Yoga - on Detection w GB SSD i a couple months ago - loved the laptop nbsp Detection error on SSD (M.2) - X1 Yoga After a week or so using it I started getting random nbsp blue screens of death nbsp Following the BSOD the laptop sometimes reboots normally other times displays an error during boot Detection error on SSD M nbsp If this error message is displayed the laptop won't boot and has to be restarted again nbsp After restarting anywhere from one to five times it returns to function normally nbsp nbsp After experiencing the same problem intermittently for a couple weeks I finally called Lenovo and reported the issue and registered to return the laptop ordered a brand new one again X Yoga GB SSD this time i nbsp nbsp After waiting a couple weeks for delivery I received the new laptop a few days and freshly installed all of my software transferred my data over from the faulty laptop and got back to work as of yesterday nbsp Everything seemed fine but then nbsp again today I got a BSOD with the new laptop and the same SSD error nbsp nbsp I can't find much information about this error via Google search and only found one or two posts on the forum here referencing it that aren't very helpful nbsp It seems like this must be a relatively uncommon problem but I've had it with two independent laptops nbsp I haven't installed any exotic software or made any customizations to the laptop - it seems unlikely that I am causing this problem myself nbsp What in the heck is going on here nbsp Did I receive two nbsp faulty X Yogas nbsp in a row with two months in between nbsp Seems impossible since this is not a common issue on the board here nbsp I'm incredulous - please let me know if you have any ideas nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Detection error on SSD (M.2) - X1 Yoga

Does anybody have a clue as to why I would have this SSD detection error issue on two laptops in a row?  The new laptop continues to bluescreen with a "Critical_Process_Died" message once or twice each day, seemingly at random.  It sometimes refuses to boot with the "Detection Error on SSD (M.2)" message.   I'm getting ready to send this second X1 Yoga back to Lenovo in the next few days if I can't find any explanation for this. Any advice from Lenovo?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Detection-error-on-SSD-M-2-X1-Yoga/td-p/3292430
Relevancy 73.96%

Recently I was in the middle of using my laptop when it bluescreened and crashed Now I'm not proud of this but for some reason this is not an uncommon sight I bought this off of eBay a couple months ago and it worked fine for a few days before randomly bluescreening often Now I tried to change and install all the eight drivers and while that solved most issues for awhile But then I received a detection error main T430 Detection bootup? error on Thinkpad hdd on startup Now I actually fixed it that time and none of my files seemed to be damaged which is strange given the nature of the error but I didn't question it Now however the error is back seemingly inspired and I can't seen to get my laptop to simply boot I ran the Thinkpad T430 Detection error on bootup? memory test and it passed and I don't even have an ssd so I don't know what the issue is or why it was fixed last time I changed the SATA to compatability and then back to ahci and reset it I think it might have to do with a faulty or corroded contact but I have not opened it to check If it's anything like last time I'm willing to bet that there is actually nothing wrong with my drive but something is again causing it not to be detected I do have photos if that will help but they need to be compressed so for now I hope this will be enough

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T430-Detection-error-on-bootup/td-p/3394719
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey everybody nbsp I just received my P last week as a replacement for another Lenovo device So far everything seems to work fine with one exception nbsp Pen... Touch P40 Yoga: ThinkPad / Touch Lenovo Screen When I turn the screen over to the tablet position the touch screen and the touch pen show erroneous behaviour a As soon as I make the first input with the touch pen I cannot make any further input with my finger so the touch input is simply turned off The Windows setting to ignore touch input when the stylus is used is not active b When I try to tap buttons at certain areas of the screen especially at the upper edge the cursor of the stylus starts jumping around and shows up at the lower edge of the screen That means that when I for example tap on the X symbol in the upper right corner to close a window I actually click on some of the symbols in the system tray in the lower right corner nbsp This problem stops occuring as soon as the angle between the two case parts screen and keyboard reaches exceeds approx It does not matter if Windows is in Tablet or Desktop Mode I already Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga: Touch Screen / Touch Pen... tried to manually install another Wacom driver mentioned at https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga Wacom-Tablet-Service-for-ISD-Driver-Win and https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile P -Yoga-issues td-p I had no luck trying driver versions and nbsp I would really appreciate your help since this issue makes working in the tablet position virtually impossible nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P40-Yoga-Touch-Screen-Touch-Pen-Issue-in-Tablet/td-p/3480881
Relevancy 69.66%

My P40 Yoga has started giving me the following error message when starting up: "This system does not support batteries that are not genuine Lenovo-made or authorized. The system will continue to boot, but may not charge unauthorized batteries." Does anyone know why this occurs and how to fix it? I had seen older posts for other models that require the battery to be removed, but I believe the P40 Yoga's battery is integrated / not intended to removed by the user. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/ThinkPad-P40-Yoga-Battery-Error-Message/td-p/3455246
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi!I have this problem with my Thinkpad Yoga S1, type 20CD-0038IX:I tried to update it to Windows 10, but it gives me error 8024402C.Lenovo Solution Center gives me error WWF00F008-RL7BPH ? Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260.What is the problem? What can I do?Please, help me!Thank you very much!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-yoga-S1-update-to-windows-10-error-8024402C-and-on/td-p/3419055
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello nbsp Today morning after utilizing my laptop all of my programs froze I decided to shut down my computer after everything was frozen to try to reboot Lenovo Pro 2 - Yoga Boot Error it but I received the error Windows Boot Manager Failed nbsp I tried utilizing many of the commons solutions to try to fix this problem such as changing the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy but that did not work also my hard drive was detected while I was in the BIOS menu nbsp nbsp I also tried to do a reinstallation of Windows because I thought something was wrong with the operating system but every time I get past the Windows Logo I put the Windows installation files onto a USB and set that as the priority Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - Boot Error when opening up the laptop I get a blank screen after the logo finishes This also happens when I tried to switch it back to Legacy There I would get nbsp a black screen I was wondering what was wrong with the laptop Is there any way for me to fix this I also really need the files currently on the hard drive as they were not backed up nbsp Please let me know if there is anything I can do Thank you I apologize for the very blurry screenshot I just wanted to show what screen I get after getting past the Windows Screen I cannot get past the Lenovo Screen if I try to access the USB from the boot menu nbsp nbsp Blue Screen png KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-Pro-Boot-Error/td-p/3392240
Relevancy 67.08%

Good morning, Every time I test my hardware it gives me an error in the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 with the code WWF00F008-UL7ZDJ. Something is falling with the local connection. I already contacted the suport service and they told me to download the driver. I did that but that didn't solve my problem...Any suggestions?!Thank you,Cláudia

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-YOGA-3-14-Hardware-Error/td-p/3335527
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello nbsp Today morning after utilizing my laptop all of my programs froze I decided to shut down my computer after everything was frozen to try to reboot it but I received the error Windows Error Boot 2 Pro Yoga - Lenovo Boot Manager Failed nbsp I tried utilizing many of the commons solutions to try to fix this problem such as changing the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy but that did Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - Boot Error not work also my hard drive was detected while I was in the BIOS menu nbsp nbsp I also tried Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - Boot Error to do a reinstallation of Windows because I thought something was wrong with the operating system but every time I get past the Windows Logo I put the Windows installation files onto a USB and set that as the priority when opening up the laptop I get a blank screen after the logo finishes This also happens when I tried to switch it back to Legacy There I would get nbsp a black screen I was wondering what was wrong with the laptop Is there any way for me to fix this I also really need the files currently on the hard drive as they were not backed up nbsp Please let me know if there is anything I can do Thank you I apologize for the very blurry screenshot I just wanted to show what screen I get after getting past the Windows Screen I cannot get past the Lenovo Screen if I try to access the USB from the boot menu nbsp nbsp Blue Screen png KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-Pro-Boot/td-p/3392240
Relevancy 66.22%

I am hhaving difficulty finding an acceptable scaling mix between resolution, system scaling, and edge scaling. At 1080p, 125%, 125%, os navigation is mostly fine, but edge text is way too large. At 1080p, 125%, 100%, edge text is way too small. At all combinations text is inflated (but crisp) in certain elements while fuzzy in others. What scaling combinations work best for you? I am considering returning this to Best Buy and upgrading to a Pro 4 / Book, or even a Mac. The scaling is ruining an otherwise great experience.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/ThinkPad-Yoga-14-ThinkPad-Yoga-460-Scaling/td-p/3389711
Relevancy 66.22%

The following error message occurred when I started up my Lenovo Thinkpad T60 laptop: RUNDLL An exception occurred while trying to run "C:\PROGRAM\Thinkpad\UTILIT 1\PWRMGRTR.DLL,PwrmgrBkGndMonitor"
I clicked on the OK button and it started up but I don't know what the problem is.

A:Rundll error message on Lenovo Thinkpad

Hi you could try system restore to a point when it was working ok alternately you could uninstall and reinstall the power manager software from lenovo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rundll-error-message-on-lenovo-thinkpad-761689.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have problem with my laptop after changing the screen of my yoga 500 later. it is changing to tablet mode automatically without rotating screen I mean when I am using laptop in laptop mode it changing to tablet mode without rotating if anyone has a solution mean please explain me to solve it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/LENOVO-YOGA-500-14IBD-mode-error/td-p/3384632
Relevancy 65.79%

Its about two weeks my E120 encountered this problem. At the first cool statup I get Fan error! only once and after a reset its fine. When the fan starts, it makes alot of noise, even in low speed. when system gets a bit warmer, noisey fan calms a bit down. but not quiet. I removed both keyboard and the cover below, and removed all the dust (not much dust) by an air blower. But the problem still exists. Should I change the fan or it still have a chance to live?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E120 - Fan Noise / Fan Error

Just change it. They don't cost much.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Edge-E120-Fan-Noise-Fan-Error/td-p/833057
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Lenovo Yoga Tablet running Windows When I attempted to update the operating system to Windows Yoga Tablet 2 - Lenovo 0xc0000225 Error Code there was an error I m not sure what exactly the error was or what caused it as I was not monitoring it at the time and now the tablet will not boot to any operating system When I turn Error Code 0xc0000225 - Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 it on it says quot Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart quot Then it restarts and loads a page that says quot Recovery Your PC couldn t start properly A required device isn t connected or can t be accessed Error code xc You ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media If you don t have any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer quot I have done some research and it appears that I will need to create a USB recovery drive but I am not confident in exactly how to do that in a way that will work on my tablet I am not partial to any particular operating system between Windows and I just need a functioning tablet Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-0xc0000225-lenovo-yoga-tablet-2.1156866/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a few-months old Yoga 2 11 that was working perfectly, until a few weeks ago when I went to use it in tablet mode the display screen went all out of whack. It turns the screen, but only half of it - the top half of the screen is turned and the menu bar shows up in the middle of the screen, and the bottom half looks like the screen in regular computer mode.  I've tried restarting, tried turning tablet mode off, but every time I flex it back to use as a tablet this happens, virtually making that feature unuseable. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution for it?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Yoga 2 11 Tablet Mode Display Error

Solved: installed updated "Lenovo Yoga Mode Control for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook" from Lenovo drivers site.  Works fine now.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-11-Tablet-Mode-Display-Error/td-p/3361457
Relevancy 65.36%

So, I've had some instances, where I'm doing something on my laptop, and then my computer screen suddenly blacks out for less than 1 second, and then turns on again. After that, I would get a notification that the Intel HD Graphics 520 driver on my PC has crashed and recovered. Then I decided to do a hardware scan, found that the Mathematical Operations Test in Video Card failed, and got the code WVC007002-UL7CAF. I thought the failure would be the cause. Therefore, how would I fix it?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-700-14ISK-graphics-error-WVC007002-UL7CAF/td-p/3417893
Relevancy 64.93%

I have two staff members with different Yoga models, but with the same pen issue. Say, for instance, OneNote is open. The pen doesn't draw or write, but it can select and still be recognized. When I try using an old stylus from an HP Elitebook, it works TOTALLY fine - even the button on the pen functions properly. This suddenly started after months of the Lenovo pens working fine. I thought maybe it was a driver issue, but it can't be as the HP pen works.... I'm thinking it's the pen itself just getting worn down? It looks okay though but may be just a little loose... Any help / direction would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/ThinkPad-Yoga-S1-AND-Yoga-12-pen-stops-drawing-writing/td-p/3441041
Relevancy 64.93%

Recently after getting a fresh install of windows 10 on my ThinkPad T450s, I occasionally get BSOD while in the middle of doing various tasks (word processing, web browsing, onenote, etc.). Because of the fresh install, I downloaded many applications so I don't know what's causing the issue. The error code is 0xdead039e, but I couldn't find any information about it online. Any help would be appreciated.

DESKTOP-92VPPHA-Wed_01_20_2016_135015_19.zip

Model: ThinkPad T450s
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20Ghz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Hard Drive: 500 GB HDD
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500

A:BOSD Error Code 0xdead039e on Lenovo ThinkPad T450s

All 4 dumpfiles are :

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwtw02.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Netwtw02.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck DEAD039E, {121e0009, 12507ba, 11af0000, 0}
Probably caused by : Netwtw02.sys ( Netwtw02+7f2d5 )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Unknown bugcheck code (dead039e)
Unknown bugcheck description
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000121e0009
Arg2: 00000000012507ba
Arg3: 0000000011af0000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
Debugging Details:
------------------

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xDEAD039E
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) x86fre
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800f44cf2d5 to fffff80149750770
STACK_TEXT:
ffffd000`ca869768 fffff800`f44cf2d5 : 00000000`dead039e 00000000`121e0009 00000000`012507ba 00000000`11af0000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`ca869770 00000000`dead039e : 00000000`121e0009 00000000`012507ba 00000000`11af0000 00000000`00000000 : Netwtw02+0x7f2d5
ffffd000`ca869778 00000000`121e0009 : 00000000`012507ba 00000000`11af0000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`f4455124 : 0xdead039e
ffffd000`ca869780 00000000`012507ba : 00000000`11af0000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`f4455124 ffffd000`cd8c0004 : 0x121e0009
ffffd000`ca869788 00000000`11af0000 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`f4455124 ffffd000`cd8c0004 fffff800`f46f9d24 : 0x12507ba
ffffd000`ca869790 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`f4455124 ffffd000`cd8c0004 fffff800`f46f9d24 ffffe001`29580040 : 0x11af0000

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_IP:
Netwtw02+7f2d5
fffff800`f44cf2d5 cc int 3
Netwtw02 Tue Nov 03 15:21:07 2015 is your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
Update to the latest windows 10 driver 1/14/2016 http://support.lenovo.com/nl/nl/prod...thinkpad-t450s
Also update the Intel Mei driver find under chipset and Intel Rapid storage driver find under storage.

Also your Malwarebytes is outdated, update or uninstall and install the latest version.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38117-bosd-error-code-0xdead039e-lenovo-thinkpad-t450s.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Have a Lenovo Yoga 2 running Windows 10. Booted up the computer this morning and received the following error message: "Error starting local HTTP service for Lenovo Service Bridge. Please check if one of the following ports is available: 50123, 50124." Couldn't connect the computer to the internet, even though it showed the computer is connected to Wifi. Tried uninstalling service service bridge and it uninstalled successfully I think. Rebooted and then got temporary spuratic internet access for a moment but now it is gone again. Has anyone had this same problem and solved it? Please help. I'm not particularly skilled at Windows troubleshooting so any help and advice you can provide will be much appreciated. (P.S. I have lots of trouble with my computer since upgrading to Windows 10)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Lenovo-Service-Bridge-error-starting-local-http-server/td-p/3445148
Relevancy 64.07%

Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- WGA Data-- gt Validation Status Genuine Validation Code Cached Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - - - - WD Windows Product Key Hash J bZA mhcZqo ndlXzMli JtGo Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID BE F D-C B- AEC-A C - D BF Is Admin Yes TestCab x WGA Version N A professional 7 a X230 on 0xC004E003 win Lenovo error activating on code Thinkpad hr error code 0xC004E003 on activating win 7 professional on a Lenovo Thinkpad X230 x Signed By N A hr error code 0xC004E003 on activating win 7 professional on a Lenovo Thinkpad X230 x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x WGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Visio Professional - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt BE F D-C B- AEC-A C - D BF lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -BBBBB lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt CTO lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt G ET WW lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Pacific Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Visio Professional lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt DF E D lt Val gt lt Hash gt Zl I UD zxZ WF qmVCFXWY lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt nbsp Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Input Error Can not find script file quot C Windows system slmgr vbs quot Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus N A Event Time Stamp WAT Activex Registered WAT Admin Service Not Registered - x HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current MAAAAAAAAwABAAEAAAACAAAAAgABAAEAln UkhwvcBMOKZwFJEr h xF qvYWZZj OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes but no SLIC table Windows marker version N A OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent N A BIOS Information nbsp ACPI Table Name nbsp OEMID Value nbsp OEMTableID Value nbsp APIC nbsp nbsp nbsp LENOVO nbsp nbsp TP-G nbsp nbsp nbsp FACP nbsp nbsp nbs... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a761243-da0c-4e58-8943-92eaae936b1b/error-code-0xc004e003-on-activating-win-7-professional-on-a-lenovo-thinkpad-x230?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 62.78%

I have recently bought a Thinkpad Yoga 460 with Thinkpad Pen Pro. I leave it in the laptop slot for charging for more than a day and it gives me only a few minutes of usage. As per the user guide, it should be 80% charge in 15 seconds and 100% after 5 minutes. But it runs out of charge very soon. It shows me the low battery level indicator as soon as I use it on the screen. First day of usage (appox 4 days ago) it gave me about 30 - 45 minutes of continuous. But after that not more than 5 minutes. Please let me know if this is an issue with the Pen or Laptop charging port. Is there any way I can troubleshoot it?Please also let me know the average usage time for the pen, if you are continuously using it.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Thinkpad yoga 460 - Thinkpad Pen Pro not charging ...

Hi
Welcome to the forums.

I do not have that kind of pen, but I think is the one that has some "bronce contacts" at the top of the pen. I had read some other post about it, just in case check that "contacts" to make sure they are touching with the charger when you put the pen into it's holder. Sometimes the contacts may move.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-yoga-460-Thinkpad-Pen-Pro-not-charging-properly/td-p/3268981
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello, My Lenovo yoga 3 pro 1370 is barly 5 months old, this morning when i tried to switch it on. it is stuck at the lennovo screen.I treid accssing the BIOS screen but even if the press the button it still wont go past the lenovo logo screen.Please help  Thank you,Shyam Jampala

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-08 at 18.08.07.jpg ?80 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-yoga-3-pro-1370-wont-boot-past-Lenovo-logo-screen/td-p/3476216
Relevancy 61.92%

My son accidentally got his leg caught in the cord of his laptop when he got up and the laptop  fell approximately 2 feet to the tile floor.  It boots up but stays on the Lenovo splash screen.  If I go into the BIOS and select System Recovery it goes through the "Loading files..." process, the Lenovo splash screen appears with the dots going in a circle but, then after about 2 minutes of that the screen just goes black.  If I tilt the screen forward or back I can tell it is still backlit just with nothing to display.  Anything we can try?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-doesn-t-get-past-Lenovo-splash-screen/td-p/3443745
Relevancy 61.92%

New Yoga 700-141SK: Ran the Lenovo Support Center Hardware Scan and the Video Card Mathematical Operations Test has failed rendering the Report: WVC007002-UL7BPL. Is there a tried and proven solution out there? I have had a look at the solutions on the forum and am not satisfied that the solutions offered prove that the problem has been resolved. It is reasonable to expect Lenovo to make available a solution as a matter of course instead of end-users of "afflicted" Lenovo devices having to request/search for a solution(s).

Lenovo Support Center Hardware Scan - Video Card Mathematical Operations Test Result Code; WHD00V000-UL7BPL.JPG ?98 KB

A:Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 700-141SK Lenovo Support Cente...

Hi there, Wistert -
Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

A service tip has been released concerning the WVC007002 Mathematical Operations Test error message.  This is a false negative and can be ignored; it does not affect the system's functionality or performance.

Link to Service Tip;
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT105222

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Ideapad-Yoga-700-141SK-Lenovo-Support-Center-Hardware/td-p/3373920
Relevancy 61.06%

Friends from Lenovo I write you because on August th trying to install the new Windows Anniversary Update I had to do a reboot of my notebook and in the process I X220 ThinkPad Lenovo Hotkey notebook for Lenovo lost most of the programs and drivers that use my notebook to Lenovo Hotkey for Lenovo ThinkPad X220 notebook work properly nbsp I already installed most of the drivers I lost that day but I still haven t found and install the correct driver for the hotkeys of my notebook nbsp So far I have tried with the files r vu w and jvu ww but none of that files is the correct one for my ThinkPad X notebook which I bought in the year nbsp Therefore I need to ask you if you could tell me how can I get download the CORRECT hotkey file for my notebook so I could download it and install it on my Lenovo notebook nbsp Friends from Lenovo could you please tell me how can I get the correct hotkey file for my notebook Lenovo ThinkPad X in order to download it and install it on my notebook THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP nbsp Yours truly Cristi n Palau

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-Hotkey-for-Lenovo-ThinkPad-X220-notebook/td-p/3400573
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all nbsp Excuse nbsp me while I vent for a while here before asking my questions Warning - vent starting below nbsp So my ststem refused to start one day a few months ago nbsp I Board System Main 13 Yoga think I was waking it up from being in sleep mode nbsp Note that my system was out of warranty at this point nbsp So I searched around the internet but did not find too many solutinos that did not involve opening the bottom cover of the machine nbsp So eventually I chatted with Yoga 13 Main System Board Lenovo tech support who mentioned that it sounded like a dead system board nbsp So fast forward a few months my machine has been running fine while it is on but if I turn it off or put it in sleep or hibernation mode it will not come back on for several hours nbsp As of today it has been off for about three days so I asume that the board is finally dead nbsp I did some searching around with new search terms and it looks like this is a very common problem fairly early in the life of the system nbsp Yoga 13 Main System Board I tried to find out if Lenovo did a recall on this but could Yoga 13 Main System Board not find any information so I went to Lenovo's site to find the part number for my system board to see if the cost of it would be worth the repair nbsp However the site does not accept my laptop's serial number for some reason nbsp So I did a chat with the parts amp accessories sales department nbsp They were able to tell me that they do not have the part in stock but do not have the part number to give me what nbsp They referred me to a parts phone number nbsp I called that number this afternoon but they could only help me if I knew the part number already what so they referred me to tech support nbsp Unfortunately that tech support number could not serve Ideapad systems so they referred me to the correct one nbsp After trying and donfirming that I was correct in noting that the website rejects the serial number tech support informed me that they had a listing for almost every part for the system except the main board what nbsp So I was then referred to a parts number whose office was closed by the time I had been through all of these steps nbsp Okay now that my venting session is over I have two questions Does anyone know if Lenovo recalled this system or the main board in it nbsp I know that this is a very optomistic question but I have never had a laptop that only lasted for two years and really cannot afford to buy a new one at the moment Does anyone know the part number for the main system board for the i version of the IdeaPad Yoga nbsp Please excuse my rant and thank you in advance for any information

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-13-Main-System-Board/td-p/3335988
Relevancy 59.34%

I got my Yoga probl... Rejection Detection/Palm Yoga Stylus 260 Tip around days ago I first updated my windows to the new release so I'm not sure if the problem was there from the begining The pen is not working as it should be the tip is not detected or detected by some offset usually it goes into bottom of the screen besides taskbar For example I start writing in onenote and suddenly instead of writing on the current line it is writing some wiggly things on the bottom of the page This is not only happening in onenote or inking apps even when I'm using the pen for selecting lines in a webpage jumps happen nbsp nbsp Is this a pen problem or display digitizer Also nbsp I'm not sure if this is a driver problem or hardware problem I tried to rollback to original installed windows to test that using factory resseting but I couldn't windows keeps the upgrade I checked the wacom driver it is recent even more recent than the one available on wacom's website I tested both I changed the pen and inking setting made the handness to right hand and Ignore touch input Yoga 260 Stylus Tip Detection/Palm Rejection probl... when I'm using my pen to on but nothing helped It is really frustrating because I mainly bought this notebook because of its stylus So anyone else had the same problem Any fixes Yoga 260 Stylus Tip Detection/Palm Rejection probl... for that nbsp nbsp Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Chromebooks-11e-X-and/Yoga-260-Stylus-Tip-Detection-Palm-Rejection-problem/td-p/3399013
Relevancy 59.34%

I got my Yoga around days ago I first updated my windows to the new release so I'm not sure if the problem was there from the begining The pen is not working as it should be the tip is not detected or detected by some offset usually it goes into bottom of the Tip 260 Stylus Detection/Palm Yoga Rejection probl... screen besides taskbar For example I start writing in onenote and suddenly instead of writing on the current line it is writing some wiggly things on the Yoga 260 Stylus Tip Detection/Palm Rejection probl... bottom of Yoga 260 Stylus Tip Detection/Palm Rejection probl... the page This is not only happening in onenote or inking apps even when I'm using the pen for selecting lines in a webpage jumps happen nbsp nbsp Is this a pen problem or display digitizer Also nbsp I'm not sure if this is a driver problem or hardware problem I tried to rollback to original installed windows to test that using factory resseting but I couldn't windows keeps the upgrade I checked the wacom driver it is recent even more recent than the one available on wacom's website I tested both I changed the pen and inking setting made the handness to right hand and Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen to on but nothing helped It is really frustrating because I mainly bought this notebook because of its stylus So anyone else had the same problem Any fixes for that nbsp nbsp Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-260-Stylus-Tip-Detection-Palm-Rejection-problem/td-p/3399013
Relevancy 58.05%

I just bought a Thinkpad Yoga from Best Buy and upon opening, found that the pen pro included does not work. I'm on the most updated version of all the drivers, and the touch screen and multitouch with my hands still work. After taking an multimeter to measure the voltage of the pen, I found that the pen just wasn't charging. I'm a bit hesitant to check the voltage of the charging silo itself but my suspicion is that the pen is dead. Could this be a software problem? Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Should I return to pen and the laptop to bestbuy or just the pen? Or should this issue be brought to Lenovo instead?

A:Thinkpad Yoga 460 (Best Buy) - Thinkpad Pro Pen do...

I don't have a 460, but I do have a 260, which is a smaller, but VERY similar machine.  I had the same problem and I believe it is not the pen.  Before you do anything, you need to unplug the machine and disable the internal battery.  You do that by going into the BIOS and under the config tab, look under power.  There will be an option to disable the battery.  When this is selected, the machine will turn off.  The battery is re-enabled the next time you plug it in.  IF THE BATTERY IS NOT DISCONNECTED, YOU WILL CREATE A SHORT AND BLOW A IRREPLACEABLE FUSE ON THE MOTHERBOARD.  Remove the pen and look inside, where you will see 2 contacts.  My guess is that one or both got pushed back into the housing during manufacturing process.  You can take something fine and sharp like a needle and gently free them so they will pop back out.  Once I popped mine out, the pen charged very quickly and I never had another problem with it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Yoga-460-Best-Buy-Thinkpad-Pro-Pen-doesn-t-work-or/td-p/3298550
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently purchased the thinkpad pen pro. What driver do I need to make the pen work? When I talk to tech support, they only tell me I need to download the driver, but can't tell me which one. I have windows 10 if that helps.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-yoga-11e-thinkpad-pen-pro/td-p/3426112
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I ordered for a P40 Yoga couple of days ago, inbuilt storage is 256GB SSD, there is an additional M.2 slot, can I add a 1TB HDD in that slot? Spec says max is 512GB SSD, so I am not sure about this. I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-P40-Yoga-HDD/td-p/3338065
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I'd like to know when the WQHD resolution for the thinkpad yoga 460 will be avaible in france or italy? The funny thing is that on the product description in the italian site the WQHD option is mentioned, but on the configurator the option is not listed. thanks in advance,Acero  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Yoga-460/td-p/3380752
Relevancy 58.05%

My 2 days old yoga 260 makes a ticking noise in the right hinge always when I open the notebook or move the screen open a little bit. It is irritating and I am concerned about the build quality of the hinge. What to do?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Thinkpad yoga 260

My hinges are quiet  and smooth, but they are tight and sturdy so that the screen is stable in any orientation.  I'm sorry, but without hearing or feeling yourem there is no way for me to say if yours are "normal", but it is common for a tight hinge to make a little noise when it begins a motion.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-yoga-260/td-p/3310250
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I'd like to know when the WQHD resolution for the thinkpad yoga 460 will be avaible in france or italy? The funny thing is that on the product description in the italian site the WQHD option is mentioned, but on the configurator the option is not listed. thanks in advance,Acero  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Chromebooks-11e-X-and/Thinkpad-Yoga-460/td-p/3380752
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,is it possible to use the free M.2 WWAN port for a second M.2 SSD 2242 (e.g. a Transcend MTS400 M.2 SSD 256GB SATA III)?Originally installed in my YOGA 460 is a LITEON 256GB SSD SATA3 2.5 inches.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Yoga-460/td-p/3308797