Windows Support Forum

My gfx card hit 140 degree (Celsius that is...)

Q: My gfx card hit 140 degree (Celsius that is...)

Hello there firstly I apologize for my bad english it is not my native tongue Anyway I got a little heating problem Basicly when I start oblivion video game and play for card My 140 that degree gfx is...) hit (Celsius - minute my gfx card hits degree Celsius S and slowdowns itself Problem started just weeks ago before that I were playing it My gfx card hit 140 degree (Celsius that is...) without a single heating problem Well I gotta say there is no way in hell a gfx card could hit degree and still work and no it didn t burn itself neither did it burn cables inside the computer Problem eventually repeats itself I m My gfx card hit 140 degree (Celsius that is...) a tech noob but I could say that either there is a problem in fan or there is a software problem So all I m asking is that if there is a software problem how could I fix it Or eventually is there a way My gfx card hit 140 degree (Celsius that is...) to understand which kind of problem I got Because gfx cards warranty went off just couple of months ago and most probably I ll buy a new card instead of paying money to repair it Or I might consider buying a new fan for the geforce please share it if you people know a good fan P S I took a SS even if there was no d application was running it was showing degree o O Anyway already now thanks a lot for all helps nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My gfx card hit 140 degree (Celsius that is...)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My gfx card hit 140 degree (Celsius that is...)

That picture shows your card at 70+ degrees, not 140. The threshold means that the temperature that shows there is where the card will basically blow up on you. Although 70C is pretty hot for any graphics card, my 8800 gtx doesnt even get that hot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-gfx-card-hit-140-degree-celsius-that-is.80217/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello, I'm new here. For the past couple of months my laptop starts to throttle it's gpu at 67C,  which is quite low. I have turned off hp coolsense and have selected high performance but no use as it's locked at 67C. The gpu is GT 740M 2gb DDR3. Nvidia control panel also is configured for best performance as well.  Please help. Updating nvidia drivers don't help as well. I have updated the pc software from hp updates directly too, so I don't think it's due to bad updates. By the way I'm not sure if this throttling issue was there from beginning as I didn't use a monitoring application until I noticed the massive fps drop in games after a minute or so. Thanks in advance. 

A:Nvidia gpu throttling at 67 degree celsius and makes games l...

TessellatedGuy Please uninstall the Intel HD and Nvidia driver Reboot Install first the Intel HD driver Reboot Install the Nvidia driver Please check the Bios and uefi version Install all other 10 drivers  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Nvidia-gpu-throttling-at-67-degree-celsius-and-makes-games/td-p/5256791
Relevancy 62.35%

Pc Specs Amd Phenom II X ATI HD Watts PSU A giant fan on the side of my pc A smaller fan on the back of the pc Alright so here s the deal When gaming gaming only my computer automatically turns off after a while I believe it s because my videocard overheats since it s the most warm is degrees think card I 6850 overheating. celsius video 70-75 my HD thing in my computer But it s strange My computer turns off when the videocard reaches - degrees Celsius It isn t that hot right Also I ve installed an extra fan but it doesn t help anything not even when putting my fan speeds at Large fan around the Rpm small fan Rpm Then again I m not sure it s overheating but it I think my video card is overheating. HD 6850 70-75 degrees celsius s seems the most logical explanation to me Happens with all games Crysis Skyrim even CS S I also tried updating my drivers and putting in an additional fan but they only extend how long my pc can go without overheating the problem is still there Please help nbsp

A:I think my video card is overheating. HD 6850 70-75 degrees celsius

No, that is not too hot... though I would increase the cooling options, if it were mine... which it seems you have already done. What you report at 70 - 75 C is common, and should not put additional risk of failure. But that much heat is not good over time... and I would add special directed cooling.
However, since it is shutting down, that card may be reaching the end of its useful product life. If still under warranty, contact the maker or the seller for their opinions. It may be that the card is defective. Look to see if your motherboard manufacturer offers any ideas on their website for that model.
It may be that your motherboard itself is the weak link.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-my-video-card-is-overheating-hd-6850-70-75-degrees-celsius.174733/
Relevancy 46.87%

I just bought and installed a complete computer ( Asus P5Q with a Intel Core2Quad Q9550 2.83ghz).

I just booted up the computer and the CPU temperature in the BIOS is 99 celsius.

I didn't add any temperature paste on the CPU since there already was some paste on the heatsink but I had some problem to insert correcly the heatsink on the board.

Do you have any ideas of what could be the problem?
Do you think I should add more temperature paste on the CPU?

I will remove and put the heatsink back tomorrow as soon as I can.

A:CPU Temp at 99 celsius

It may be a defective motherboard... 99C would melt through the board. It wouldn't hurt to clean off all the thermal paste and apply a clean thin layer of fresh paste

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-at-99-celsius.122666/
Relevancy 46.87%

Very recently I started to here some weird noise coming from my computer, and then my 2.80ghz processor dropped to 2.66 and again to 2.13.

I knew something was wrong when I saw my temperature at boot was 70 celsius, and it was rising to 80 in about 20 seconds! And rising to 100 in 2 minutes

And I have no idea why it decided to become so hot because my fan is running at 1800 rpm so can someone please help!

Thanks!

A:CPU Temperature 100 celsius!!!???!!

Hello there. You may open your case and pull out the cooler for the processor and clean it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/144719-cpu-temperature-100-celsius.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys I bought a new pc a few days ago Cpu E Ghz Asus Rampage Formula Socket Corsair DDR Ram GB Asus EnGtx OC after installing vista some strange things happens Bios cpu 100 G. with too - pc hot Celsius Problem a new told me that the cpu gots C directly after booting or at any other time Also got some trouble with installing files or get connection to the web I already put some new cooling paste on the cpu It also wasn t that easy to put the cooler on Problem with a new pc - cpu too hot 100 G. Celsius the cpu because there is a relly stupid system I got the feeling that the board could braektrough if I try it harder Every time I start the pc it make some noise and an error message shows up and told me that an unknown cpu is there and that the cpu is to hot I heard some thoeries that it is necessary to update bios but i am not sure about and now I really hope that some got usefull advice s for me nbsp

A:Problem with a new pc - cpu too hot 100 G. Celsius

Why don't you go out and purchase a 3rd party CPU cooler like this one, with a metal plate and screws other than the plastic push-pin type HSF (CPU Heat Sink, fan) One failed attempt to secure the plastic pins can damage them permanently...

This is an example of a good 775 CPU cooler:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835887011

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-a-new-pc-cpu-too-hot-100-g-celsius.114429/
Relevancy 46.87%

Tried everything. Thortling Temprature Adjustments Locked. Even BIOS Advanced Settings are locked.67 Celsius Throttling for a laptop GPU is rediculous. I can't play any games without the the framerates plummeting down to 18 from 60 every few seconds.i7 4500-U 2.404GB RAMNvidia GeForce GT740M

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/GPU-Throttling-at-67-Celsius/td-p/5614273
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi folks,
I got a bit of a shock when I just opened Speccy to see how my graphics cards were going, because they (2x) generally run on the "warm" side (one at around 60C and the other around 80C) ... which, even though this PC was built "professionally" and has quite a number of fans ... is quite warm.

But the shock came when I saw that my CPU was running at 94 deg C!! At the moment, the current reading is ... 91, but it's fluctuated as "low" as 84 C a few minutes ago. It's never run THIS hot before, a bit over the max of 68C but this is now serious!

What's the best way to get the temp down in the future? Right now, I'm gonna turn the thing OFF, until there's been time for some replies from you good people.
Cheers,
BenT

A:CPU temp of 94 Degrees Celsius!

Hi and welcome to sevenforums.
You may need to reseat your cpu cooler with new thermal compound or upgrade to a better one would be my guess. Do you know what kind of cpu cooler you have? i7's need LOTS of cooling at the source. Personally, I'd look into water cooling. Since I swapped my old one for the Corsair H50, http://www.corsair.com/cooling/hydro...pu-cooler.html I've never had another heat issue.
Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/155445-cpu-temp-94-degrees-celsius.html
Relevancy 46.01%

OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x bits What was original installed OS on celsius at 31 about gaming BSOD during system None - Clean harddrisk bought Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on BSOD at about 31 celsius during gaming system or full retail BSOD at about 31 celsius during gaming version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Age of system hardware Motherboard old processor water cooler harddisk and power supply about year Case about half a year and the new processor about days Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS OS was never modified since its installation year ago CPU Old Engineering Sample of i K New Genuine i K Video Card ZOTAC Nvidia GTX MotherBoard P P -M PRO Power Supply BSOD at about 31 celsius during gaming - brand amp wattage Antec CP- Watt System Manufacturer That would be yours truly Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom No model number custom made My PC keeps crashing with a black screen of death every time I play intensive games like battlefield it happened even before I got my GTX so its not a graphical issue I cool my CPU with a water cooler which gives idle tempratures around - celsius I've tried to recreate it using an overclock tester yet my cpu is not overclocked but the process failed I first though the problem was that my CPU was an engineering sample so finally I bought a genuine i K but against my expectations it happened again so here I am Could you help me with this

A:BSOD at about 31 celsius during gaming

nVidia update tool has errors. Please:
- download a fresh copy of your drivers
- uninstall the current copy of your drivers
- install the freshly downloaded copy

Your SysTool device has issues also, please uninstall it.

You do not have SP1 installed, please do the following:

Quote:

Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates

Comodo has been known to cause BSOD's. Please do the following:

Quote:

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the Comodo from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Comodo using this free tool (requires registration): Login
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus, then check to ensure that the Windows Firewall is turned on.
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.

More to follow once the 50 memory dumps are finished running.....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-at-about-31-celsius-during-gaming-623853.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an ATI Radeon 4800 series graphics card in my DELL Dimension e510 computer and was wondering if anyone has any ideas how to get my card to run cooler...

Despite all i have tried my card runs at about 85 to 90 degrees while idle and about 95 to 120 degrees while activity is higher.

Stuff I have tried:
-Kept my case open on the side
-Adjusted fan speed to 100 percent
-Changed thermostat temp. in my house down by 3 degrees
-Changed overclock settings
-Lowered FPS limit in games to 55fps
-Updated CCC

Stuff I am not willing to try:
-Adding fans to my system as I don't think anything else will fit in my small case

I noticed this problem while running starcraft 2 when my card completely shut off to protect itself from overheating. It now overheats anytime i play and runs very hot in other games as well...

Any ideas?

Relevancy 46.01%

Ok when my computer is on and under no load my video card is at 47, the second I turn on WoW, it's increasing to 80-91.. I'm using a ATI Radeon X850 series. I'm thinking it might be fan control but I have no idea how to access this. And i was using ATI Tray Tools.. and when i closed it.. it went back to 60 under load.. which is not great.. but okayish.. so I'm think ATI tray tools had some default fan settings .. and if anyone knows how to check the fan settings please help lol

A:Really big problem, temperature at 91 Celsius

That doesn't make sense. The fan controls are in CMOS (press delete at the first screen when you start your computer to access CMOS). That's if there are any fan controls.

You could look and see, but I'm not sure that's a fan issue. It sounds like a misreported temperature. In the past most people used Motherboard Monitor to know the CPU temperature, but it appears it's no longer in development and I've not found another one yet that reports temperatures somewhat accurately. Although, there is Speedfan, but I was told that it was flaky.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-big-problem-temperature-at-91-celsius.107103/
Relevancy 46.01%

So, today I opened up my computer case, to see that it's full of dust. After 20 minutes of cleaning all the dust from the cooler, video card, motherboard, etc, I started it. All went good, and now, when I opened Minecraft 1.8 it started to lag and after ~3 minutes of gameplay it crashes. No errors, just showing the "not responding text". Before cleaning the case, it went good, but still had framedrops, such as :

Before cleaning it : Playing with stable 55-60 fps
After cleaning it : Playing with unstable 20 fps, and after 2 minutes I have this shit. The frames drop from 20 to 1. ****.

When I checked my CPU Temperature I saw that I had and still haves 92 celsius degrees. My CPU didn't had so much termic paste. Could that be the problem ? Do I need to put another paste on it?

Specs :

Nvidia GeForce 210 1 GB GDDR3
Intel Core 2 Duo E2160 (1.8 Ghz dual core)

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129586-cpu-temperature-92-celsius-degrees.html
Relevancy 46.01%

using Mozilla firefox how do I change farenheit to Celsius in the weather channel readout on the toolbar thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-fahreheit-to-celsius.1165354/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm new here, I apologize if i am posting in the wrong section.

Computer was experiencing random crashes when running software/games so I decided to swap out some sticks of ram to see if that was the issue, and it was not, crashes still occurred. I booted up into BIOS and looked at the different temps, and my CPU temperature was at 70 give or take 2 degrees, when idling normally its between 35-40...

The fan on the heatsink is running fine, room temperature is about 25 in here and the side of the case is always open.

I'm a amateur when it comes to computers, I only know enough to put one together.

If anyone could give me some insight on what to do to troubleshoot further it would greatly be appreciated.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello guys,

This is my first post over here and I wanted a bit of help with an issue I've been having with my laptop for the last year or so.

Constantly its CPU temperature is over 70 degrees Celsius and the fans are always at top speed. It does not matter how long it has been turned on for. I could turn it on after several hours off, do nothing - just load the startup stuff - and have the fans working hard. I've checked the CPU temperature with RealTemp and it constantly scores over 70 degrees.

Does anyone have any insight on this? I have done some online virus checks and found nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:CPU temperature constantly over 70 degrees Celsius

Have you ever cleaned the laptop from dust buildup that might be clogging the exhaust vent, fan, etc ?
Can you feel hot air coming out of the exhaust vent ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/393379-cpu-temperature-constantly-over-70-degrees-celsius.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone thank you in advance CPU Cronic Overheating (100+ Celsius) Degrees for your help My Cronic CPU Overheating (100+ Degrees Celsius) family s computer has been repeatedly shutting down due to overheating and I am at a loss as to what to do Here is a brief history of the problem The computer which runs Windows XP is semi-custom we took parts from our old computer put in new memory Cronic CPU Overheating (100+ Degrees Celsius) and a new motherboard and put it in a new case we bought Shortly after we set it up however it started shutting down When we were doing something strenuous it would all of a sudden freeze up and then just shut down When it came back up it would say it had shut down due to overheating We tried many things including two new fans and a new heat sink but nothing seems to have helped the problem Just this morning I ran some diagnostic programs and discovered that the processor is running at an idle temperature of Degrees Celsius When I ran a stress testing program prime within seconds it jumped up to and stayed exactly at it making me think that the meter didn t go any higher The computer is not overclocked at Cronic CPU Overheating (100+ Degrees Celsius) all I ve found plenty of information saying how to cool down the cpu but I m already employing most of the tips my C reading was taken with immediately after dusting out the computer and with a cpu fan a power supply fan and two case fans running What I really want to know is why the computer would get so hot in the first place when all the cooling stuff seems to be being done right Thank You for your answers nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hey all, I have had my laptop for maybe three years now. The temperatures never really bothered me up until a few months ago. They tend to get up to 62 degrees celsius (both cores) while watching YouTube and internet browsing, but up to 85 degrees celsius while gaming. I have heard of using a cool pad (In fact, I am using one now, except it doesn't do much, due to my laptop only having one fan on the side), thermal paste, and compressed air, but I do not have the money for any of those. If anyone can tell me what I can do, PLEASE tell me. Thanks!
-TheMuffinMan

A:HP Pavilion dm1 Notebook PC getting up to 85 degrees celsius

Other than a good cleaning, replacing thermal paste and make sure the fan is working properly their isn't much you can do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356171-hp-pavilion-dm1-notebook-pc-getting-up-85-degrees-celsius.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm just wondering if this temperature is OK. It seems a little high to me. The room temperature is about 23 degrees Celsius. While playing a game like Doom 3 or America's Army it shoots up to 65+. I have yet to find out what temperatures are good. I'm just using the stock intel heatsink and fan. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 45.58%
Relevancy 45.58%
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all I m a D designer and have recently experienced a few BSODs whilst rendering the cause of which seems to be the USB drivers according to the minidumps However I have also started to notice that my CPU temps are I7 Celsius under hitting 2600K load over 90 going through the roof caught I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load my attention when it hit degrees now it s hitting degrees under load - idle I have always aimed to keep the temps below I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load and have only really strayed slightly above this on particularly warm days so I m a little concerned that something may have I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load failed on my PC Setup details are i K professionally overclocked to GHz CPU fan seems to max at rpm shouldn t this go higher Asus P Z -V Mobo Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro mm Apache Black chassis fan x I ve had this PC for over years and never had this problem before I was inclined to think that the readings were inaccurate but both CoreTemp and the Asus monitoring software show the same temps I m going to lower the overclock in the meantime but would love some help figuring out why this may be occurring If you d like any further info please let me know Thanks in advance nbsp

A:I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load

Might be worth checking the CPU's thermal compound. The thermal bond between CPU and cooler may be weakening. If the fans blades are not clean, they will not spin as fast due to restriction of air flow across the surface of the blade.

cookiedude said:

CPU fan seems to max at 1250rpm shouldn't this go higher?Click to expand...

The Freezer 13 PRO in this review shows 1100 RPM @ idle and 1300 RPM @ full load.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i7-2600k-hitting-over-90-celsius-under-load.194109/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was experiencing some problems with my pc s performance and decided to dust it out I removed the graphics Solved: degrees 88 celsius CPU after cleaning card put the vacuum cleaner to it and put it back I Solved: CPU 88 degrees celsius after cleaning also vacuum cleaned the entire PC but didn t remove the parts for it Also had the vacuum cleaner above the cpu fan After that I started my PC again and it just shut down after start up Then when I started through safe mode which worked I was able to start SpeedFan and could see that my CPU was burning up to degrees celsius Before I shut it down again it even went as high as degrees I don t understand what Solved: CPU 88 degrees celsius after cleaning I could have done to make my CPU go from around degrees to degrees by just removing dust Is it possible the vacuum cleaner may have broken something I m not completely sure but I think SpeedFan told me the cpu fan was spinning at rpm I have no idea if this is high or low or if this should be adjusted or whatever Any insights are more than welcome and I d be happy to provide more information should you need it My specs E GHz not overclocked standard cooler GT sparkle standard cooler gb ram windows vista ultimate nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I purchased a Corsair H80 fan to replace the normal fan and heatsink that comes with the i7 980X as standard. With the old heatsink I was getting temperatures around 51 degrees celsius when idling.

After installing the H80 fan and double checking the thermal paste contact was secure I turned the PC on and opened up SpeedFan to monitor the CPU temperature.

After opening SpeedFan the CPU temperature read 45 degrees Celsius. Over a period of around 20 minutes the temperature continued to rise until reaching 62 degrees Celsius at which it stabilised. This was with the PC at 0% load.

I checked the fans were pulling air in how they should be and they are.

Something is clearly not working or setup wrong. but I have no idea what. Do I need to replace the thermal paste?

Thanks.

Relevancy 45.15%

Will going to 83 Celsius damage my nvidia GeForce gt 335m?

A:Will going to 83 Celsius damage my nvidia GeForce gt 335m?

Nope. This is more of a normal gaming temp if you're playing a fairly demanding game.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/297567-will-going-83-celsius-damage-my-nvidia-geforce-gt-335m.html
Relevancy 45.15%

also CPU 29
graphics card 49
cpu fan 1906 round/min

is this normal?

thx very much

A:Motherboard is at 61 Celsius at non-game time. Is this fine?

Is it me, or are those temps really good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-is-at-61-celsius-at-non-game-time-is-this-fine.149015/
Relevancy 45.15%

My laptop suffered a hard degrees temperatures;upto celsius high 100 CPU drive crash last week I high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius got the HD replaced earlier it was a toshiba gb rpm HD now it is a HGST gb rpm after i setup the whole laptop properly with all the drivers and all the softwares including basic utilities anitvirus etc the fan seems to be running all the time and specially when browsing using chrome it begins to sound very loud which it doesnt used to earlier before the hard disk crash Now to check the CPU high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius temperatures high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius i downloaded SPECCY To my surprise the MOBOs temperature is way below the normal thanks to indian winters P but at the same time the CPU temp all the cores is showing me degrees celsius though the base of my laptop is not even close to warm Even the GPU cores are at normal temperatures I have attached two screenshot of SPECCY indicating high core temps and high bus speed as well and the other showing way too normal temperatures for the MOBO I need suggestions whether SPECCY is showing incorrect measurements which it usually doesnt or there is some other problem which i should worry about configuration windows home basic bit AMD A- M GB single channel DDR RAM HP A single socket FT motherboard MB ATI AMD Radeon HD G M Dual Graphics HP MB ATI AMD Radeon HD M HP

A:high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius

Could be that the heatsink was knocked off the processor when the drive was replaced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/311653-high-cpu-temperatures-upto-100-degrees-celsius.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys Temps in post Celsius Fehrenht guys or Are you the here st post here but been reading this site for a few days Tons of good info on here and I would already like to thank you all Anyways last week I just build my st Pc and today just overclocked it with Gigabytes Easy Tune software Im currently running my i now stable at GHz Obviously Im new Are the Temps you guys post here in Celsius or Fehrenht to system building and overclocking but fingers crossed so far so good I am keeping a close eye on the temps and see my system reporting the following temps see attachement Hardware monitor ITE IT Voltage Volts x CPU VCORE Voltage Volts x VIN Voltage Volts xCF V Voltage Volts xB V Voltage - Volts xC - V Voltage - Volts xF - V Voltage Volts x V VCCH Voltage Volts xC VBAT Temperature C F x TMPIN Temperature C F x TMPIN Temperature C F x A TMPIN Fan RPM x E FANIN Hardware monitor Intel Core i Power W Processor Temperature C F x C Core Temperature C F x F Core Temperature C F x C Core Temperature C F x F Core Hardware monitor Radeon HD Temperature C F GPU Core Hardware monitor WDC WD AALS- E B Temperature C F x D Assembly Im not sure if these numbers are very good or UH OHhh lol wondering also if someone could review my performance information and let me know what they think Keep in mind this is my first attempt but dont really know what to monitor for other than temps etc Thanks in advance guys

A:Are the Temps you guys post here in Celsius or Fehrenht

All temps given here for over-clocking purposes are in Celsius, unless otherwise stated. 29 C is quite cool. If it gets above 70C, watch out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/65986-temps-you-guys-post-here-celsius-fehrenht.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Is there any way to lower the threshold temp for when the fan comes on? I've downloaded Dell Power Command and set it to "cool" - but it does not change the fan.
Are all 9350's set this way? Is there any way to change it? I'd much prefer if the fan kicked on when it hit 60.
(I have the most recent BIOS.)
Thanks!

A:Dell XPS 9350 - Fan does not turn on unless it hits 83 degrees Celsius.

Hi ITSGOINDOWN,
The fans are designed to run automatically when the system temperature reaches a specific point. 
If you wish to change the fan settings, you could download and configure SpeedFan and that should serve the purpose - http://bit.ly/Yznvna
This blog might help you with the configuration - http://bit.ly/2cG3Dcj
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992144
Relevancy 44.72%

this temp is pretty high isnt it any body please advice. I just put this system together like as in its been running for about an hour! evga 680i mobo. i dont know maybe this higher temps is normal for a brand new system. anybody with a little advice would be greatly appreciated. thanx

A:intel core 2 duo e6850 runnin in high 40's celsius

Download and run everest from majorgeeks.com to see if there is anything else running a bit hot as well. Your temps are not that bad if you are working the system hard.
When you assembled it, did you perhaps use too much heat transfer compound? It only needs a small amount.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-2-duo-e6850-runnin-in-high-40s-celsius.88564/
Relevancy 44.29%

Every time computer is restarted the weather gadget shows temps in Fahrenheit although I have very clearly set it to Celsius This is what I can see when booted That temperature is in Fahrenheit I click the Metro selected Metro Fahrenheits, Weather settings. Celsius showing on gadget to enter Weather and system immediately changes to Celsius showing my locations Settings are correct in data js at C Program Files Applications microsoft weather neutral neutral wekyb d bbwe js convertDataTemperature function toCelsius for var city in Weather Data cities quot temperature quot quot feelslike quot quot high quot quot low quot forEach function value index Weather Data cities city value convertTemp Weather Data cities city value toCelsius for var day in Weather Data cityData city forecast Weather Data cityData city forecast day high convertTemp Weather Data cityData city forecast day high toCelsius Weather Data cityData city forecast day low convertTemp Weather Data cityData city forecast day low toCelsius for var hour in Weather Data cityData city hourly Weather Data cityData city hourly hour temp convertTemp Weather Data Metro Weather showing Fahrenheits, Celsius selected on settings. cityData city hourly hour temp toCelsius BTW every now and then when PC booted the weather gadget shows location Anaheim California default Clicking the gadget immediately reverts to my locations I have Dev Prev installed on two rigs this happens on both Metro Weather showing Fahrenheits, Celsius selected on settings. Any ideas Kari

A:Metro Weather showing Fahrenheits, Celsius selected on settings.

Good one "

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/3879-metro-weather-showing-fahrenheits-celsius-selected-settings.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi

I've built a new system for myself and for some reason it shuts down when I try to install Vista. I noticed that in the bios settings that the CPU is running at 92 Celsius, maybe that's causing the problem?

I tried re-seat the heatsink but that didn't work, it's still running at 92 Celsius although I didn't try installing Vista after that. Does bios tell the true CPU temperature?

Will I have to buy a new heatsink? But why isn't the original one working?

Thanks

A:New system E8400 running at 92 Celsius and shuts down when istalling Vista

Sounds like your heatsink isn't on properly. It should be completely firm and not shake, wobble or jingle in any way.
Next it could be because you have no thermal compound on, so the heat isn't transferring correctly, but if you bought a brand new processor & heatsink, it comes with stuff pre-installed on the bottom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-system-e8400-running-at-92-celsius-and-shuts-down-when-istalling-vista.111373/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, As you may of seen in my other topic, ive been having some problems with my computar and i checked my CPU Temp and its at 60 degrees. Is that hot?

A:Is 60 Degree's Hot For A CPU?

Most likely.
However, you need to check with the manufacturer to determine if it is in the permisable range of temperatures for your particular processor chip. Most manufacturers have this information on-line.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28160/is-60-degrees-hot-for-a-cpu/
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok I pretty much choose this forum because Which Best Degree the is this doesn t really fit anywhere but I think I need some advice on this I m pretty torn between a few degrees career paths to go down and I wanted some advice from people some of whom should be in these fields Now initially I was told I should go for Computer Science but later on I found out that there is large amounts of Physics and A-level maths in it so I decided to go for Software Engineering as although I m not bad with maths I don t enjoy it and are not doing it at A-level I looked around and its not required Software Eng and I love programming but am Which is the Best Degree not a big fan in the maths department although I just started C C about months ago Now I have always had a strong interest in d modeling coding and creating Which is the Best Degree games and was also wondering what the best degree is for the game development field I m also a bit confused about the discrepincys between the two as they both seem to lead down the same path My Question is what would be the best degree to go for out of Computer Science and Software Engineering I also considered the possibility of doing Software Eng as a bsc and then doing a masters in Computer Science Some advice on pay and working hours would also be great Any advice would be brilliant as I can t decide and thought I might seek outside help Thanks Doctorzeus nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I've using Speccy for a while now... Then noticed some info that was false! Example: I have two 64-bit machines (netbook and pc). And Speccy says or shows or detects that VIRTUALISATION is supported but DISABLED<<<< (FALSE, RED FLAG) it is enabled! So should i be using DirectX utility for info on my system?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393175-one-these-more-reliable-certain-degree.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm not sure where this post actually belongs so I'll start here. Is there a way to indicate degrees in a Word or Email file, or any application for that matter? For instance, when writing tempretures I can write out 75 "degrees" but I'd prefer to have that little "o" above the 75 instead.

A:Solved: Degree, is there a way to indicate this?

Hold down ALT and type 0176.

Like this: 95.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-degree-is-there-a-way-to-indicate-this.495155/
Relevancy 39.56%

So hear we go
I am currently in my 3rd year of university studying Information Technology and have a questionnaire to hand out to people in the I.T industry.
This is for my final dissertation

Attached is a PDF document with a questionnaire nothing big just over a page long with a few question.

Not a problem if no ones wants to reply or even if this gets taken down but its worth a try.

Thanks
Joe Pugh

A:Who wants to help a young man get a degree

Someone opened it? is it safe?

Ill do it if its real

http://www.techist.com/forums/f155/who-wants-help-young-man-get-degree-277366/
Relevancy 39.56%

I know this is not hardware releated but.....What are jobs who needs a computer technician looking for. A+ certification with skills or a degree in computer tech. I sign up for this program called career ready in months, so i could take course there and pass the exam and be certify for computer tech.... here is the link....
http://www.mdc.edu/main/computerrepair/default.asp
Please help....

A:A+ certification or a Degree

They look for both, along with experience.

Someone who has a degree in IT, CS, MIS, etc. and an A+ certification is more likely to get a job than someone who just has one of the two.

I would say that a certification plus some experience could equal out to someone who just has a degree. But it ultimately depends on the employer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-certification-or-a-degree.1011327/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have read all posts on hijack and malware and have tried to no avail to free up my system. i am on spare laptop now. i have done all suggestions and have saved to jump drive several fixes and scans but when i copy to desktop and try to open nothing happens. i do find it strange that i cannot go to any antivirus site including the one i had eset nod32. they had me uninstall after trying several things and now i can't open back up to reload software. because of holiday i now have not heard back from them in days. i have no defrag and am redirected on everything just about. i do find it funny that several spyware sites will open wanting to sell me help. should i bite and load one you think will resolve issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijacked-to-the-nth-degree.774443/
Relevancy 38.7%

My son's 7-yr-old child was found playing on the keyboard like it was a piano. Now the picture on screen lays at a 90 degree angle. (You have to lean your head on left shoulder to read it.) When he pulls up a page it is on the same angle. Anyone know how to get it back to normal? It's a HP. THANK YOU!

A:Monitor at 90 degree angle... HELP!

I'd start by going into display properties in Control Panel, there's probably an option to rotate the screen into portrait mode for your video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-at-90-degree-angle-help.298202/
Relevancy 38.7%

mines at like 30-40 celcius is this good ram heating or is it too high?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-much-means-is-good-ram-degree.774340/
Relevancy 38.7%

I was possibly interested in pursuing a degree in network security I was just wondering is a school like ITT Tech a decent place to get a degree from if not what other schools that offer online degrees should I consider?

A:Network security degree

ITT Tech is a decent school but it can be very pricy. I got Network Security degree from a local university. Check out the schools around you and see what they have to offer. The advantage of going to a technical school like ITT Tech is that you get a little more hands on training. Or so I've been told.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411052/network-security-degree/
Relevancy 38.7%

a friend recently told me that it would be a good idea to get a microsoft technician degree. He said I could do this online, but I haven't been able to find the site. Anybody know where I could do this? Thanks.

Relevancy 38.7%

windows xp service pac 2 my grand son was using office when the desktop and functions(mouse) shifted 90 degree. to use properly the monitor is turned on its side.rebooting did not help

A:windows xp desk top at 90 degree

Hi and Welcome to TSG!

FIrst the basic suggestion. Press ctrl + alt and any of the arrow keys.

Now the advanced stuff if the above doesn't work, check your graphics card settings.

Do you happen to know what graphics card you have?
If not go to start > run > type dxdiag
When asked click yes
Wait for it to finish the scan, and then go to the display 1 tab, and tell me the manufacturer and name.

Kind Regards
Anthony

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-desk-top-at-90-degree.533505/
Relevancy 38.7%

Are you trying to fool somebody into thinking you have a degree? Do you need to replace a lost or damaged degree? We can help! Diploma Company is your #1 source for 100% premium diploma fakes from both popular schools and schools that no longer operate! We
stock the largest database of diploma documents anywhere, allowing our production facility to guarantee our clients the most authentic replica diplomas sold anywhere! Our list of popular products include fake diplomas? fake degrees, online degrees, fake college
diplomas, fake university degrees, degree certificates, college certificates, fake TESOLS, fake certificates, false diploma documents, and much more! In our company, we?ll tell you how to buy a diploma, to buy a degree, diploma order safely form Australia,
Candia, British, America, France and etc. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4482a7f7-a5fc-425c-b28d-315c4a3562e6/are-you-trying-to-fool-somebody-into-thinking-you-have-a-degree?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a presentation that I am working on, where one of the slides is a copy/paste of an excel spreadsheet. One of the columns in the excel has the text rotated to 90 degrees, but when I paste it into powerpoint, it reverts back to 0 degrees. I can't seem to find anywhere in powerpoint to set this to 90 again.

Anyone know how to do this?

Relevancy 38.7%

From the last few days my pc shutdown automatically.I had checked ram which is working.
udated my bios to latest version.
But same problem
then i enable system fan fail warning...
It gives me a continuous beep
And today when i see my pc health status cpu temp is 127..After going on windows i had installed software speed fan 4.35 it also shows temp 3 (127 degree) while temp1 & temp2 is under 45
while software like everest,realtemp showing normal temp
what should i do...

config:
intel dual core E2140 1.6ghz
gigabyte GA G31M S2L
1gb 800mhz transcend
400w iball PSU

A:Urgent help temp 127 degree

Tell us more about your monitoring software... and your cooling fans... along with case fan and case size.

First thing I would do is replace the power supply with one of more wattage and a reputation ands specs that show more constant output...

Then I would be certain I have cleaned the CPU and re-applied the thermal paste to be certain it is as thin as possible while still providing contact... as the common mistake is having to much. Too much acts as an insulator rather than a heat transfer tool.

Then I would replace the fan most likely to be ineffective.

I trust Everest and Realtemp, but I worry about your sensors.

Much more info might be helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgent-help-temp-127-degree.134251/
Relevancy 38.27%

I look at multiple solution one is to under volt the laptop on is the remove something in the vent.Is there any legit solution ?I mean i used to have an y400 with 2x gt750 m and it i had it for about 3 year and i never had an throttling issue.That laptop was getting A LOT hotter then my y700 but i could run hero of the storm without spiking when it hit 65-67 degree.I try undervolting but it didn't help that much , i tried installing a previous version of nvidia driver,i'm on a fresh install of windows 10.I tried tones of stuff nothing seams to help i wish they would come out with a bios version that let you change the temperature throttling settings.Anyone got any solution without voiding the warranty i tried contacting lenovo and i asked for a  call back but they never called back.

A:Y700-ISK GTX960M throttling 65-67 degree

Why no one from lenovo is answering the throtteling question on how to fix this seriously.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-ISK-GTX960M-throttling-65-67-degree/td-p/3301035
Relevancy 38.27%

My computer would restart over and over with the blue screen. I finally figured it was over heating I bought a new copper heat sink with a bigger fan I put it on and right away the temp was 81.

My question is is the cpu cooked or could there be some kind of sensor on the motherboad that is toast. Thanks

Relevancy 38.27%

Hello Everyone nbsp My system is HP Pavilion N TX nbsp Ever since I have bought my laptop the GPU NVIDIA GT M throttles at degree centigrades resulting in FPS drops in games as the GPU and Video memory clocks come down to stock Mhz making the game unplayable nbsp Recently I compared my my laptop with my friend's HP Envy degree at 67 740M throttles centigrades J laptop which has the same GPU NVIDIA GT M GB DDR and found that the games are completely playable I monitored my nbsp GPU temps and found that my M was throttling at around degree centigrades while his laptop was not nbsp I started digging up and end up confirming using NVIDIA Inspector Software that my GPU is set to 740M throttles at 67 degree centigrades throttle at Degrees However I cannot change the Max Temp nbsp nbsp nbsp The settings have not been touched 740M throttles at 67 degree centigrades in the above nbsp To confirm this I used NVIDIA Inspector on my friend's laptop and saw that his GPU's temp was nbsp set above degress The temps remained at degrees while playing games 740M throttles at 67 degree centigrades on his laptop nbsp nbsp What all I've tried till now nbsp I have tried to change vBIOS but could not find any article to do with M nbsp I have tried to revert back to the default OS and drivers but nbsp the problem still persisted nbsp Recently I cleaned the internal components including Fan using the Service Manual which did help but temp still reached and throttling was observed nbsp Questions nbsp Can someone help please I am having a hard time playing games on my laptop besides I am jelous of my friend and I feel like paying extra bucks for dedicated GPU nbsp has been worthless

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/740M-throttles-at-67-degree-centigrades/td-p/5659685
Relevancy 38.27%

When I take a vertical pictures, it downloads horizontally. When I rotate it to vertical, the picture is being noticeably narrowed.

In my old computer I had a program that addressed that problem, but I can't locate it anymore.

Help!

Relevancy 38.27%

A new product called 360 Desktop introduces a new way of thinking about virtual desktops. Instead of having different desktops or desktops on a cube why not have a desktop that you can scroll horizontally forever. 360 Desktop converts your desktop into a very wide never ending desktop in the shape of a cylinder. Instead of changing desktops to view different applications just scroll horizontally.
360 Desktop is even better when using one of the 360 degree panoramic wallpapers that it comes with. This will make you desktop look amazing. Best of all, 360 Desktop is free!
Download 360 Desktop Now.
Since you are getting for free, please click on the scales.

Hope you like it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/272660-create-360-degree-virtual-desktop.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi there! I have a Bloggie MHS-TS20K and am very pleased with it. However, I have stumbled upon the problem of not being able to unwrap the 360 degree footage on my mac? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Relevancy 38.27%

When I open a folder the page is reversed. Example the X to close the folder is normally on the upper right side it is now on the upper left. Every thing is justified to the right not to the left. help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397122-when-opening-folder-180-degree-out-sync.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a student who is trying to type 100 degrees F and wants to use the degree symbol. How do we get the degree symbol?

I found the degree symbol in Ariel font by going through bullitts and looking, but can't figure out how to get it in her paper. When we change to Ariel font none of the keys give us the degree symbol.

Relevancy 38.27%

I am coming to my TechSpot family for some advice I realize that this may not be the realm of experience for the majority of us due to the nature of the specific need but I decided to give it a shot Long story short My son will be entering community college this fall and will be pursuing an A A degree in Digital Design and then move on to a year institution he has been accepted into Drexel University in Philadelphia but my wife and I don t have thousand The core courses he will be doing are Color amp D Design Graphic Design Art with Computers Web Graphics amp Digital laptop? desktop or degree: design Animation and Digital design degree: desktop or laptop? Web Page Design I do know he must Digital design degree: desktop or laptop? have access to Adobe Flash CS and there will be animation software involved but I have not been able to find out anything else -- I ve tried I doubt Digital design degree: desktop or laptop? he ll be doing D Rendering during this time and even if he does the college s systems will have to do So it looks like he will mostly be doing D Illustration Animation I am going back and forth of a either building a good solid home system his current one is a year old socket with an Athlon single core cpu and XP Pro and getting him a mid-range laptop OR b putting the money into a laptop with an i processor - gigs of RAM and a dedicated card In my opinion Option A makes more sense because I will build in order to upgrade as needed but as my son has pointed out to me that in two years he will be moving on and dorm life isn t actually ideal for a PC system whereas a laptop would be The problem with the latter is that no matter how powerful a current laptop is the ability to upgrade is much easier with a PC system Also laptops can get stolen much easier plus repairing a desktop is something I can do It may sound like I have my mind up but I don t Thoughts please and recommend me some hardware I have no budget in mind at this point but I am thinking even a mid-range desktop would more than suffice Thanks nbsp

A:Digital design degree: desktop or laptop?

Well, for digital imaging you really should have an IPS monitor. That said, unless you're going to spring for a Macbook Pro, I don't definitely know what other lappies have them.

Other than that, I was in Phila Community College a few years back, and one of the security guards was robbing high end photo imaging and computer equipment from the labs. Maybe your area, has a better class of individual.

The school terminals left something to be desired also, can't speak to nowadays though.

Personally, I wouldn't spend more for a laptop than I could afford to lose. But, I have the luxury of not even really needing the $300.00 Celeron laptop I have. That sort of nulls the validity of my opinion.

Anyway, if you decide to go for a home machine, look at the Intel Core i5-2500 as a basis. PC World Magazine tested a couple of souped up desktops with that CPU. They turned in "World Bench" scores of over 200!

(Granted you have to have been following "World Bench" test scores for a while to have the s*** impressed out of you like I did.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/digital-design-degree-desktop-or-laptop.164578/
Relevancy 38.27%

I am currently a sophomore studying Information Assurance, and have been thinking about a masters in it for a while. I want to go into cyber security (mainly dealing with malware and the like) and was wondering if a masters in information assurance would help or not. Most of the job descriptions I've looked at just say a bachelors and proficiency in python, c/c++, and assembly, with no mention of a masters. It seems like skills are valued over a degree, do you think this will change in the future? thanks.

A:Is a masters degree worth it for information assurance?

Are you living in the US?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590326/is-a-masters-degree-worth-it-for-information-assurance/
Relevancy 38.27%

I know quite a bit about computers and spend a fair amount of time on it, but I don't know any business applications. I'm enrolled in college with a business degree (logistics) but don't know any programs.
What should I learn? I know that many people learn HTML, JAVA, or C++, but those seem to be useless since I'm going into business. I've tried googling 'database applications' but that hasn't really helped...
Other than Microsoft Excel, what should I learn?
And how can I learn to use programs? Should I get books like "Program for dummies?"

Thanks !

Relevancy 38.27%

Hy,My Laptop Model Is HP 242 G1. About 5/6 Months i am facing overheating issue which wasn't before. Recently Whenever I play Games or Start Android Studio or Do multitask, CPU & GPU both temperature Rises above 90 degree celsius. This Causes Huge Sluttering perfomance of Games or Others. I played High Resolution Games in laptop before Like Battkefield 4. It ran Smoothly 1 year ago. But Now i cant even play Fifa 16. I think Dust is causing this overheating.  I searched Many Forums and Youtube also, but couldn't find any tutorial that how to disassemble HP 242 G1 So that i can clean the dusts inside . Please Help me solving this issue, Thanks. Looking Forward to A Solution From HP Support Forum. Regards, Shahriar Kabir Ruddra

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Overheating-CPU-amp-GPU-Temperature-Rises-To-95-degree/td-p/5619133
Relevancy 37.84%

week old Thinkpad T boots up at C increases to C after minutes while idling not even web browsing or email fan then cools machine back to C Within minutes temperature rises to C fan turns on to cool with cycle repeating itself every few minutes With other manufacturer laptops I have laptop increase - temp C/minute Idle degree 1 owned have never seen this kind of behavior If the fan ever fails there would be a fried laptop pretty quick Running Zone Alarm v Suite which found no viruses ZA Lavasoft and Spybot latest versions and definitions find no spyware Upon bootup a logmon exe process runs but I kill that task immediately taking Idle laptop - temp increase 1 degree C/minute - of CPU resources After this machine Idle laptop - temp increase 1 degree C/minute is idling using less than of CPU resources Machine is set at lowest CPU and perofrmance settings in BIOS Machine has an Intel Ghz T Core Duo processor GB RAM GB rpm not an Intel Integrated graphics card and attached to an IBM Lenevo minidock I am thinking its perhaps a bad mother system board Other thoughts I have the IBM tech support coming to my home tomorrow nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/idle-laptop-temp-increase-1-degree-c-minute.525920/
Relevancy 37.84%

I m building a Mini PC using a BioStar IDEQ N Barebone Kit I was wondering how I m going to try to keep this thing a few degrees cooler and stable because it is going to be operating in a place that has degree Mini Solved: Advice PC 90 degree Weather for Cooling weather days a year My PCI-E and PCI slot are empty It is for casual usage so I just need the most cost-effective solution possible My PC BioStar IDEQ N Barebone Kit x x inch case h x w x d AMD Athlon Ghz stock MB -pin Mhz DDR RAM stock GB rpm Sata Hard Drive Lite-On DVD writer My Options Install RAM heatsinks I already had to Solved: Mini PC Cooling Advice for 90 degree Weather increase the voltage on my RAM to keep it running stable at stock speed Add a fan above my PCI slot to blow in air straight into the intake for the CPU heatsink Drill holes to add a fan to cool the hard drive Other Questions I m unsure of whether to use a regular thermal compound or a true thermal glue I happen to have both to keep the heat sink on the RAM It absolutely must not fall off or I risk shorting out something on the motherboard I was considering the Thermaltake A Copper Heatsinks for RAM If anyone has any ideas or Solved: Mini PC Cooling Advice for 90 degree Weather advice let me know I will be adding pictures of the case later nbsp

A:Solved: Mini PC Cooling Advice for 90 degree Weather

I found out about speed fan on this site and realized that my northbridge may be a bit hot. 41-43 "System" temp under 60% load. I'm assuming this is the chipset because I put a thermometer inside and its only 38 in the case. Also, I found out that my CPU temp measured by my motherboard is around 5-10 degrees lower than what the CPU is reporting itself. I find it silly that I can not choose to use the CPU's temp for smart cooling but I got it running for more than 24 hours without a single crash by just keeping the CPU fan at full speed.

All I have to do now is get a better northbridge cooler just in case the temp of my chipset is getting high. I can finally bring the system to the Philippines now.

Site helped a lot. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mini-pc-cooling-advice-for-90-degree-weather.565780/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi
I have a desktop with two 24" monitors hooked in.  I had been using both monitor in landscape (normal) orientation for several months with no problems.  Yesterday I rearranged my desk and now my 2nd monitor is in portrait mode, that is to say it is rotated 90 degrees so it is now more vertical.
I noticed my computer running slowly, and suspecting yesterday's change, I compared CPU usage between before and now.  With my old set-up, my CPU usage is around 8%.  As soon as I set the display settings rotated 90-degrees for that monitor, it idles at around 40% !!
Any idea what the reason for this and if there is any solution?  Thanks

A:Portrait orientation (90 degree rotation) monitor causing CPU lag!

Maybe the CPU has to rotate every single pixel AND update them so it takes a toll on your system. (Just a guess)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585232/portrait-orientation-90-degree-rotation-monitor-causing-cpu-lag/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello to everyone,
I am really satisfied with my Surface book except of one thing:
When I'm undocking the Screen from the Keyboard and turning it on the other side, laying it on the Keyboard after a while the fan (I think it's the gpu fan) gets loud. This happens only when the Keyboard/nvidia Card unit is connect with the power supply. It's not Happening in battery mode.
Does anyone of you have the Problem too?
Is there any Solutions to solve this? (I also deactivated the Nvidia gpu in the device Manager. But it didnt help)
Many thanks in advance
Phil

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435589-surface-book-problem-fan-while-turning-display-180-degree-laying-keyboard.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Recently I noticed that my resolution was maxed at and i couldnt go any higher than disabled cant blank screen graphics now and Solved: accidently card, card re-enable that and in all of my frustration and attempts to figure out why this was occuring i managed to disable my graphics card and now upon startup everything seems fine while the windows XP logo loading page is up then when the blue screen should Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card appear and the desktop all i get is a blank screen It seems like the comp is startin properly just that i have no graphics Ive tried to go into safe mode but while it begins to Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card load it then stops at agp sys which i then disabled in the recovery console but then it just stops at the Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card previous process and so on Does anyone know how I can re-enable my graphics card or fix this problem about not being able to get into safe mode I cant find anywhere in BIOS where I can re-enable it I ve also taken out the mobo batt and reset CMOS settings but still no go Any help would be hugely appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accidently-disabled-graphics-card-now-blank-screen-and-cant-re-enable-card.598471/
Relevancy 26.66%

Ok please tell me how in the world this happens...I have built them formatted them, fixed them added components many many times...This is my issue, Internet explore won't open....well it opens and I get a ap crash notification. I take out both of my different videos cards and use internal video and it does not crash. The problem is this is my living room movie file player and the video cards make a huge difference....I also need explorer as well....now Chrome works but that is not what I want...Tell me whats the problem? Sorry for the word errors using handheld keyboard

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi TechSpot folk, and thanks for in advance for anyone who can help me.

I've bought myself a new video card yesterday; HIS Radeon X1650 Pro 512mb IceQ, AGP. I went ahead to install it, and I get no picture after booting up.

I am receiving a signal to the monitor (I am not getting a "check signal" message) but no image comes to the PC. I went to put my old card in which is a Gigabyte 128mb 9600 Pro, and it now it doesn't work either!!!

Both cards are receiving power as theirs fans are chugging along.

I had also purchased a 1gig stick of RAM to complement my new video card, so I set my PC up the way it was before the attempted installation of the new card. Still nothing happening.

Current components of PC are:

P4 2.8ghz (D865PERL)
Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro 128mb
512mb RAM
DVD and Lite-On burner

A:New video card install no good, now older card doesn't work either

I don't know about the 9600 Pro but the X1650 Pro should have a power connector on it. Possibly a floppy drive type connector. Was that plugged in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-install-no-good-now-older-card-doesnt-work-either.88311/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello. I build this computer a year ago and upgraded slightly each time I had the chance. I upgraded to WINDOWS 10 and worked find for a while until my os corrupted and I then installed WINDOWS 7. I lost all my drivers but luckely i had the cds. But as I went to get my wifi card cd I couldnt find it. I tried looing everywhere but I couldnt find it. So i got my brothers laptop and googled my drivers but couldnt find them. Please help.

*Extra info*
On device manager i get the following values for the hardware ids
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&SUBSYS_53921814&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&SUBSYS_53921814
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&CC_0280

On multiple programs the device decription says "802.11n Wiresless LAN card"
Manufacture: Ralink Technology,Corp"
Please help asap. Can give more info if needed

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/394823-pcie-wifi-card-drivers-lost-windows-does-not-reconise-card.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Ok so I just recently got a Dell optiplex GX PC that has- nbsp Intel core quad processor GHz GB ram GB hard drive kinda small i know i m looking to upgrade that as well I m posting this here to see if anyone knows mainly what graphics tower!) card GX Dell for Graphics a video (not card 755 & mini the Optiplex card i could get that would make my PC gaming friendly It doesn t have to be the most amazing stellar quality card out there since iv had some people tell me that you cant upgrade these PCs much But just some good quality advice on the subject and maybe a recommendation on what card brand to get as well as the specs for it Also a recommendation for a Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) video card would be greatly appreciated as well Sorry for my ignorance on on the subject i am new to the PC world I ended up having to get this computer in a pinch because I am a small time graphics design artist Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) and my laptop died and I had orders coming in I m not looking for a quick fix to the problem so even if anyone has a solution that may take a bit or quite a few steps to get underway the help is still greatly welcomed I am hoping if its at all possible to make a good situation out of this and maybe build this PC to fit my needs Thank you to anyone who can help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989375
Relevancy 26.66%

Ok so I just recently got a Dell optiplex GX PC that has- nbsp Intel core quad processor GHz GB ram GB hard tower!) card for mini video & a Dell 755 card GX Graphics the Optiplex (not drive kinda small i know i m looking to upgrade that as well I m posting this here to see if anyone knows mainly what graphics card i could get that would make my PC gaming friendly It doesn t have to be the most amazing stellar quality card out there since iv had some people tell me that you cant upgrade these PCs much But just some good quality advice on the subject and maybe a recommendation on what card brand to get as well as the specs for it Also a recommendation for a video card would be greatly appreciated as well Sorry for my ignorance on on the subject i am new to the PC world I ended up having to get this computer in a pinch because I am a small time graphics design artist and my laptop died and I had orders coming in I m not looking for a quick fix to the problem so even if anyone has a solution that may take a bit or Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) quite a few steps to get underway the help is still greatly welcomed I am hoping if its at all possible to make a good situation out of this and maybe build this PC to fit my needs Thank you to anyone who can help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989376
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,
     I am using Dual core 3rd Generation processor with 4 GB ram and Asus H81 Board having 2 Lan cards installed 1 is onboard and 1 is PCI Express. my Adsl modem directly connected to onboard Lan card through with internet is shared to
PCI express lan card, but when i connect android mobile with USB tethering then internet will be shared on only one Lan card either on PCI Express or Remote NDIS.
                              How to share internet on both PCI Express and Remote NDIS simultaneously....?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/88703d38-5686-4bcf-a873-6944a834bf64/internet-connection-sharing-problem-with-lan-card-and-remote-ndis-card?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a PC with a built-in media card reader, and when I use the compact flash portion of that reader a certain program is always launched. I would imagine that initially I indicated which program to open. Is there any change to change that program? Thanks.

A:Program Association with Compact Flash card in media card reader

whats the program that opens up? And what are the file types?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-association-with-compact-flash-card-in-media-card-reader.443217/
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently tried to install a promise stex4650 for raid 0 on my vista 64, giga p5 ud6 system. Couldn't get it to install the os, tried for a week with tech support. Even when I created the raid on the mobo and ghosted it over it worked for a bit and then would not boot into the os. I'm returning this card and have a question. Will I get superior performance with a card since this mobo has ddr 333 and ichr 10 drivers ? Toms hardware tested cards against ichr10 and ichr10 tested faster....what am I mising ?

Also I need an affordable scsi card 50 pin to work on vista 64 for an obsolete printer and scanner any recomendations ?

Thanks, Bruce

Relevancy 26.66%

Lately, My laptop is very slow in recognizing my usb stick, or my Hard drive (usb 3.0) or my sxs cards through my express card slot. It 's also slow in recognizing my sd-cards through my card reader. I have a very fast laptop. A lenovo W530.

I just started a while ago, and I can't get it to recognize faster . Everything else works just fine and fast.... but it takes up to 4 minutes to recognize these things.

Can somebody help?

Tx

A:Laptop slowly recognizes usb stick/sd card/xpress card slot

Hey tidri. 2 things come to mind if it previously worked. One is a reinstall of all the drivers for the mobo, and the other is a full AV/Malware/Rootkit scan. If everything checks out, a full format and an OS reinstall would be my third move.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-slowly-recognizes-usb-stick-sd-card-xpress-card-slot.199010/
Relevancy 26.66%

It also slows down my computer it appears - The driver that was installed automatically says 2006 IC USB Storage-CFC USB Device

this is the hardware ID

under USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE
USB\VID_1019&PID_0C55&REV_0100
USB\VID_1019&PID_0C55

And under one of the Tabs:
USBSTOR\DiskIC______USB_Storage-CFC_301b
USBSTOR\DiskIC______USB_Storage-CFC_
USBSTOR\DiskIC______
USBSTOR\IC______USB_Storage-CFC_3
IC______USB_Storage-CFC_3
USBSTOR\GenDisk
GenDisk

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks all

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9738-generic-card-reader-drivers-installs-but-doesnt-access-sd-card.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I have lost my cd rom windows will not acknowledge that it is there although on start up is is shown as being found. thanks for the help with the video card.

A:lost cd-romdrive while installing graphics card card doesn,t work right either

Welcome to the forum Ray and Julia,

Recheck all the cables and make sure they are plugged in properly.

When you install a new video card you have to remove ALL drivers for the old card.
Uninstall the drivers for the old card in Add/Remove Programs and if you don't have the option there, check in Control Panel/Device Manager and make sure there are not 2 cards showing under Display Adapters. If the old one is still showing, Highlight it and click Remove.

Uninstall the new video card drivers, restart then re-install the new drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-cd-romdrive-while-installing-graphics-card-card-doesn-t-work-right-either.63047/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all,

I recently bought a relatively expensive sound card on Amazon and after the second boot of my PC with the card installed and working my on board LAN card decided to not work throwing error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"
The card IS enabled in the BIOS and I HAVE disabled the on-board sound card.

LAN Adapter Details:
-Make and Model: Realtek RTL8137/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
-Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
-Driver Version: 6.112.123.2014
-Driver Date: 23/01/2014

A:Realtek network card not working with external sound card installed

This sounds like an IRQ problem, which is strange because modern PCs can usually resolve these conflicts automatically. But seeing that your system is a Pentium 4, maybe the motherboard is old enough to still be dealing with the issue.

One thing you could try is to perform a Clear CMOS procedure. This will force the motherboard to re-enumerate all the devices and will often solve IRQ conflicts. Note all your current BIOS settings
Shut down the computer > remove the power cord.
Remove the 3v motherboard battery.
Move the CLRTC jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3.
Touch a metal part of the case and Press and Hold the reset button for approx. 30 seconds to discharge all power from the board.
Put the CLRTC jumper back on pins 1-2.
Replace the 3v battery > replace the power cord > boot.
Immediately go back into BIOS and reset all your preferred settings. If the CLRTC worked you will need to reset the date and time in BIOS.
If that does not work then you could try to get the 2 cards to play nice together by installing them in different locations, if you have the extra slots.

Keep in mind that when removing any card it is important to remove it from Device Manager first. Remove it from Device Manager > shut down > then physically remove the card > then restart into Windows > then you can shut down perform the next procedure.

Sometimes you can simply install the newer card in another PCI/PCIe slot and that will resolve the conflict. (You must remove the device from Device Manager in order to change the slot)

Other times you might need to remove both cards, then install the newer card first and the older card second.

Let's see if any of that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369068-realtek-network-card-not-working-external-sound-card-installed.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,

I have a "SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash" 4GB card and an internal card reader (HP desktop). When I insert the card into the reader, the green light above the slot turns on as if it recognizes the device, but it doesn't show up. Device Manager says that the driver is installed and working properly, and I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and restarted my computer. A system restore isn't really an option because it isn't my computer.

Any idea how I can fix this? Could it matter that I'm not on the Admin account on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internal-card-reader-not-recognizing-card-driver-is-working-properly-674442.html
Relevancy 26.66%

hi guys i have an lsi logic pci-x scsi card card incorrect pci bios, scsi - 20320 not lsi flashed u320 will card work now logic and I accidentally flashed it with the incorrect bios firmware while attempting to upgrade it now lsi logic 20320 u320 pci scsi card - flashed incorrect bios, card will not work now the card will not boot up and is unusable is there any way to restore or change the firmware bios on it now the reason i can t do it is because i can t boot to a floppy or command prompt BEFORE the scsi bios tries to boot the card up once the scsi card lsi logic 20320 u320 pci scsi card - flashed incorrect bios, card will not work now tries to boot up it displays quot hardware malfunction quot and lsi logic 20320 u320 pci scsi card - flashed incorrect bios, card will not work now freezes and or reboots the system and there is no way to bypass or prevent the card from starting up i have tried adding an additional scsi card and booting into a command prompt after IT boots up but my pci bus will only recognize one scsi card at a time so this doesn t work and obviously i can not repair the card from within windows because i can not even get into windows with the card installed any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated as I have searched the internet for a long time now and talked to numerous clueless tech support reps about this nbsp

A:lsi logic 20320 u320 pci scsi card - flashed incorrect bios, card will not work now

I would say you are probably hosed, unless you can get ahold of another card that may be damaged in some other way and have someone really good to swap the chips.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lsi-logic-20320-u320-pci-scsi-card-flashed-incorrect-bios-card-will-not-work-now.69892/
Relevancy 26.66%

Okay I did something really stupid It was late I was Memory on laptop A215-S7416 MicroSD the Express stuck Satellite slot Card Card my in in the dark and I wasn t paying attention obviously so here s what happened I had a SanDisk GB Micro SD Memory Card that I was using in my cell phone I wanted to transfer some pics amp photos from my computer to the phone so I decided to stick it in the Express Card slot of my laptop Simple enough right Well being the incredibly smart person that I am I put the micro memory card in the adapter but it was the wrong one So my computer pretty much swallowed it whole I can t MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop get it back out Now I can t use the Express Card slot in my computer AT ALL because the old one MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop is still stuck in there You can t really see it but if you try to put another adapter in there it won t quot click quot It won t go all the way because the old one I lost is still in there waiting to be rescued haha So my question is How do I get the memory card out of my computer I tried taking it apart but I couldn t get the part of where the express card slot is so that was no good There s a way to do this I know I m just not smart enough to figure it out on my own Which is probably a good thing because I might mess it up again lol I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop Any help is appreciated Thanks -Ashley nbsp

A:MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-memory-card-stuck-in-the-express-card-slot-on-my-satellite-a215-s7416-laptop.795517/
Relevancy 26.66%

Microsoft assured me that my Windows 7 laptop (Latitude E6510) was ready to upgrade to Windows 10.  In a way, it was... but only after I upgraded did I see Dell's caution that this model was not verified to work 100% with Windows 10.
Almost everything works (sound didn't work initially, but I found a fix online that helped), but clearly new drivers are required which recognize and drive the PC Card reader, the SD card reader, and even the CD/DVD drive.  The CD drive won't even open when pressed, nor is it recognized as a drive by Windows 10. 
Yes, these inputs can all be accessed via external USB drives,  but please provide new drivers, Dell.  For those with this model on the fence about upgrading, determine how much you need these built-in readers/drive!

A:Latitude E6510: Windows 10 works, but not CD/PC card/SD card reader

I've just upgraded my Latitude E6510 to windows 10. Most of the drivers refuse to run as they cant recognise W10 OS. I suggest anyone thinking of the upgrade not to at this stage. The Dell Driver downloads area warns of this.
Right now I have a non working keyboard, mouse pad, backlight. My biggest concern is the Nvidea graphics drivers wont install so I have fuzzy text with some of my programs (not all).
I am surprised MS allowed me to download W10?? I'm going to waste another day trying to fix this up or I'm going to have to reinstall W7. Very unproductive-not happy

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19646626
Relevancy 26.66%

hiyall

do i physicaly instal front panel card reader and a usb 2 x4 pci card before 1st boot of bios and before new install of win 7 64 , or after ?
please and thanks

A:Install front panel card reader and a USB 2x4 PCI card before first boot?

Before. Did you get a driver(s) CD with the card reader?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-front-panel-card-reader-and-a-usb-2x4-pci-card-before-first-boot.175140/
Relevancy 26.66%

My Notebook ist a Satellite Pro L770-144 and the IO ist Windows 8 Pro 64bit.
The SD-Card-Reader recognize any cards. I had installed the Card Reader Controller from Realtek with the Version 6.1.7600.30126 an Windows 8.
But the cards are not recognized.
In Windows 7 it ??works.

Does anyone have an idea?
Greetings and Thanks
Leo L.

A:Satellite Pro L770-144: Win 8 card reader doesn't recogize SD card

Hi

First question:
Is card reader recognized in the device manager properly?
If its not recognized, then you used a wrong driver.

If its recognized, the driver has been installed properly and there is another reason why SD cards cannot be used.

As far as I know the card reader of Satellite Pro L770 handles different kind of cards and different sizes.
SD: 8MB-2GB
SDHC: 4GB-32GB
SDXC: 64GB
Memory Stick: 128MB-256MB
Memory Stick Pro: 512MB-2GB
xD Card: No
mini SD: 8MB-2GB
micro SD: 8MB-2GB
CompactFlash: No
SmartMedia: No

As you can see supported SD cards: 8MB ? 2GB
It seems bigger SD cards are NOT supported.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72261-Satellite-Pro-L770-144-Win-8-card-reader-doesn-t-recogize-SD-card
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi. I recenly purchased a Dell Dimension 3000 running XP. I connect to the internet using a Linksys Wireless-G (model WMP54GS). That works just fine. However, I got a new video card, a GeForce FX 5500 and when it's installed the wirless card doesn't really work. It struggles to find the network. If it does find it it generally won't connect. Once in a while I can get it to connect but that's not very common. Once I remove the video card the network works fine. I've tried installing a variety of drivers for both PCI cards. I've tried moving the cards to different slots and the results are always the same. Any ideas as to why this would happen?

Thanks,
Matt

A:Wireless card stops working when video card is installed.

how is the power supply? Maybe adding the video card reduces the power enough to cause the nic to drop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-card-stops-working-when-video-card-is-installed.33441/
Relevancy 26.66%

Presently I have to use onboard sound card to have audio through HDMI output from video card. The external sound card installed is Xonar DG and it comes with SPDIF output header to be interfaced with video card. But I do not see no such header on the video card. I wonder what video card has such an interface header.

A:What ext video card takes SPDIF audio from ext sound card?

I don't think they meant for it to be plugged into any video card...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/260609-what-ext-video-card-takes-spdif-audio-ext-sound-card.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Is there existing external graphic card or video card for integrated laptops

?? or other suggetions ^^
it would be a great help for me hihi

A:Is there existing external graphic card or video card for laptaps

Well they have these but they just give you a port to use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/229229-there-existing-external-graphic-card-video-card-laptaps.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm helping a friend with his comp and have gone brain dead. I need to figure out what sound card and what video card he has in his computer. I'd prefer not to open it up and neither of them are showing up in the device manager. I need to find them to install drivers. Any suggestions?

A:Gone brain dead need some help finding video card and sound card

Go to CNET and download SANDRA Standard 2004. It will tell you more about your machine than you really need to know. There are a couple of other programs that will do much the same. Sandra is the one whose name I can recall at 02:38 in the morning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gone-brain-dead-need-some-help-finding-video-card-and-sound-card.298552/
Relevancy 26.66%

In the boot sequence the SD Card reader is third -- after the SSD and the CD/DVD.  It is third in BIOS and third after pressing F12 during POST.  With a card in the SD Card Reader boot fails with what I call a green screen.  When I ran the repair CD with the SD card in the slot, the message was that the boot sector was corrupt.  Why is BIOS trying to read the SD Card instead of the SSD?  The SD card is SanDisk Ultra II SD 4 15 MB/s 2GB.  Please let me know when a new version of BIOS is available. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990696
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello and thank you for checking out my post nbsp My apologies for writing a book but I'm hoping to give as much detail as needed the first go round nbsp I just received my custom-built T s -CTO and have a couple technical questions concerns about it nbsp The details of my configuration are located at the bottom of this post nbsp First off Card Nvidia Card T420s Graphics Question... Express & one of the deciding factors of my purchase was the discrete graphics card nbsp On the T s I chose NVIDIA NVS M Optimus Graphics GB Intel Core i - M Processor nbsp I was thrilled to have more than MB of dedicated graphics memory for my T420s Nvidia Graphics Card & Express Card Question... games nbsp Upon receiving my laptop though I ran the Windows Experience Index and saw that the T420s Nvidia Graphics Card & Express Card Question... lowest score was the graphics card which is identified as Intel HD Graphics Family and has MB of dedicated graphics memory nbsp After my heart started beating again I checked Device Manager and found under Display both Intel HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA NVS M listed as working with up-to-date drivers nbsp When I configured the laptop online there was no mention of hybrid graphics so I'm not sure why I have an Intel Graphics card on the machine nbsp My current laptop that I was looking to replace is a T p with a NVIDIA Quadro FX M graphics card and only that NVIDIA card is shown under Device Manager and in the Windows Experience Performance Information nbsp Thinking that perhaps disabling the Intel card would cause the NVIDIA card to take over I disabled that through Device Manager nbsp My screen went black and after feeling quite stupid I rebooted my computer nbsp The default Windows Display driver kicked in allowing me to see well enough to get back to Device Manager and enable the Intel Graphics nbsp I counted myself lucky that I wasn't stuck with a working computer with a blank screen but I'm still confused about why the NVIDIA card isn't the only display adapter on the machine and why it isn't the default main adapter nbsp Most importantly will it be usable to run my games nbsp My second question is regarding the PCI ExpressCard slot nbsp My aim for this machine was to have a HDD to store my data I selected the GB RPM HDD and a SSD to boot and run my programs from nbsp Another reason for choosing this machine was the comment on Lenovo's site stating that a user booted his T s from a solid state drive in the PCI ExpressCard slot which was exactly was I was looking for nbsp I need the CD DVD drive so I can't put the second hard drive in a caddy nbsp During configuration I chose the option for an Express Card Slot amp in Card Reader amp Smart Card Reader nbsp From what I can tell the Express Card slot is not connected to the Card Readers and I will not lose use of those ports nbsp When I opened the computer up to install more RAM I saw what is labeled in Lenovo's hardware manual as the Express Card slot apparently empty - which is great nbsp Now I need to figure out what kind of SSD to look for and on that I'm kinda lost I'm guessing that my ExpressCard slot is mm and PCI form factor rather than USB but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a not-incredibly-educated guess nbsp I'm also not sure where mSATA comes into play for me if at all nbsp Looking at SSDs on sites such as newegg com I'm unsure of what form factor to choose - ExpressCard PCI-E mSATA and or nbsp ----- nbsp The tech specs of my configured T s copy pasted from the order status are as follows nbsp I hope this means more to you than it does to me nbsp Part A nbsp nbsp VBB INTCRI - MPR GHZ M nbsp nbsp VBB GENWIN HOMEPREM nbsp nbsp nbsp which ultimately doesn't matter as I'll be booting from Windows Enterprise on my SSD A nbsp nbsp SBB GW HP US ENGLISH A nbsp nbsp SBB HD LDBCKLTANTGLDSPMBBBRD A nbsp nbsp SBB NVD PNS OPG GBICI - MP M nbsp nbsp VBB GBPC - DDR SODMM nbsp nbsp nbsp which has been removed and replaced by two GB st... Read more

A:T420s Nvidia Graphics Card & Express Card Question...

The T420s with Nvidia GPU has two graphics card that can switch on the fly, if you only want the discrete gpu, just go into your bios menu under graphics there is an option to select discrete.With the Nvidia Optimus (which is what you have), it can switch between Nvidia and Intel GPU depending on your application needs. This will allow you to conserve battery or power. Expresscard slot 34 mm slot is occupied by the card reader that you ordered. What you are talking about within the ram slot cover, is the mPCIe slot, which can be occupied by a mSATA drive. http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T420s-T400s-T410s-removal-of-4-in-1-SD-card-...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420s-Nvidia-Graphics-Card-amp-Express-Card-Questions/td-p/483519
Relevancy 26.66%

Hiya,

trying to resolve an issue with my homebuilt computer crashing while playing games. I had an HIS Radeon 5770 installed. I removed it and put in a Radeon 6670. When I powered the computer up, I got "no signal" on my display. I removed the new card and put in the old card again. "no signal"

I tried both in another PCIe slot. "no signal"

For the record, I have a Rampage III Formula mobo. There's no onboard video, so I can't try the computer without a video card.

Help?

A:Installed new Graphics card, now neither new nor old card sends signal to display

Have you tried clearing the mobo's CMOS (including battery removal) ?
Did you test the HD 5770 in another machine to see if it was indeed failing ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-graphics-card-now-neither-new-nor-old-card-sends-signal-to-display.192721/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,

I have this PC Chips K7 motherboard, it's got integrated video, but wow does it suck. I'm pretty sure there's a way that I can add my Radeon to the system, but I don't know how. I put it in today, and the screen didn't even start, probobly because of an irq conflict. What's the correct way to do this?

A:Adding aftermarket video card to board w/ onboard card

JTM said:

Hi,

I have this PC Chips K7 motherboard, it's got integrated video, but wow does it suck. I'm pretty sure there's a way that I can add my Radeon to the system, but I don't know how. I put it in today, and the screen didn't even start, probobly because of an irq conflict. What's the correct way to do this?Click to expand...

can you give a little more info about the mobo?

doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-aftermarket-video-card-to-board-w-onboard-card.294469/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello. Few days ago i bought a new laptop. HP Notebook 15-ay057nw. Everything was okey but not the graphic card and performance. I can't play games !!! ;/ Laptop uses only Intel HD Graphics. I have the newest drivers in both graphic cards. In BIOS i can not find the option to change graphic card. I set all to "max performance" but still the dedicated card doesn't work ;/Dedicated card in any apps, games are 0%. I try everything and i can not find the solution. Guys please help me i really need a helpI'm giving a prof to this the AMD Graphic card is 0%. In dxdiag the first graphic card is Intel HD Graphics. In the advanced options of resolution the graphic card is Intel. Sorry for my english, i'm polish so my english not the best. Thanks for any help-Best wishes, Luke

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-t-change-graphic-card-Dedicated-card-doesn-t-work/td-p/5793682