Windows Support Forum

Can't access eternal network drive

Q: Can't access eternal network drive

I have 2 computers both running windows xp sp3. Both computers have all of the same services running and startup. Both computers are on the same network and CAN access the public documents folder from the server. However, only 1 computer can access the external network drive. The other gets an error of no permission to access it. Why can 1 access the external network drive and not the other? They both have the same configuration except being the same brand of computer. The network has 2 other clients running windows 7 which work fine. The server is running windows 7. None of the computers are running a firewall or other security. Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't access eternal network drive

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't access eternal network drive

Are they logged in using the same user?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-eternal-network-drive.189275/
Relevancy 63.21%

I ve been fighting with my new laptop Vista and existing desktop XP to network across my wirless router DLink I stumbled across this forum and the previous networking threads and followed the advice Then I hit a stumbling block that I can t seem to get eternal fight Vista XP network - the vs past I hoping you super smart people can help me out Setup - both computers are set up on a workgroup Wynterland - both have file sharing and printer sharing on - both have Window s firewall before all of this XP vs Vista - the eternal network fight I had zone alarm on the XP computer but took it off in case it was stopping the networking What I can do - ping each comptuer using network IP address and its computer name - see the xp computer when I look at the Network Map in Vista - access the XP vs Vista - the eternal network fight other computer s shared folders if I go to quot Start - gt Run quot and enter its Network IP address or name What I can t do - access the other computer through Windows Explorer Network - map any drives even if I enter the other computer s network IP address - can t see the printer that s on the xp computer I ve had other computers on this network before and it worked fine My final goal is to be able to share files and the printer that s on the XP computer Thank you in advance for all of your help Anne nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi sorry if this has been man, disk com, device not (my man, anywhere drive hard etc) showing USB/Eternal posted before but I searched so many threads and none of them seem to apply to my exact situation they all have the usb showing somewhere My usb external hard USB/Eternal hard drive not showing anywhere (my com, device man, disk man, etc) drive isn t showing up anywhere Not in my computer disk management device manager or by doing cmb gt DISKPART gt LIST DISK The laptop does make a sound when i plug in the drive however but the autoplay doesnt come up nor can I find it anywhere I ve also tried switching everything off tried different ports checked youtube videos followed lots USB/Eternal hard drive not showing anywhere (my com, device man, disk man, etc) of different instructions from so many threads but nothing is seeming to work The problem began when I ran a system restore this morning I then noticed the usb problem and cancelled the restore to set it back to before the restore was done but this didn t work The problem is also the same with the dvd drive On device manager both the dvd drive link and a usb link both have yellow exclamation marks next to them Please can someone help me I would be so unbelievably appreciative and grateful I have been searching for hours trying loads of different things but I just can t figure this out Thanks so much nbsp

A:USB/Eternal hard drive not showing anywhere (my com, device man, disk man, etc)

Hi horrocks001, and welcome to TSG.

Have you checked the properties of the devices with the yellow exclamation marks to see what Windows says is the nature of the warning?

Have you tried re-installing the drivers for those devices?

In order for anyone here to better assist you, it would help if you told us the brand and model number of the computer and the version of Windows running on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-eternal-hard-drive-not-showing-anywhere-my-com-device-man-disk-man-etc.1149954/
Relevancy 59.77%

http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/externa...on-hard-drive/

New Seagate Eternal Hard drive not showing in Windows 10. I never formatted it but I did copy it's files on to c drive the application only asks for you to register it. I went to clone my disk restarted and failed now I can't see it at all! Any help welcome thank you in advance.

A:New Seagate Eternal Hard drive not showing in Windows 10

Does it show up in Disk Management? If so, can you assign a driver letter to it?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/32583-new-seagate-eternal-hard-drive-not-showing-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i recently bought a windows 7 home premium tablet with the intent of using it as a portable media player. for some reason i cannot connect to my media server's shared drive. the server is running windows xp and share permissions are configured properly. but any time i try to open the share on the tablet i get a the network password is incorrect. the thing is that i can remote desktop into the server using the same username an password. so please for the love of god fix this because my sanity relies on it.

mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426992/urgent-cant-access-network-drive-incorrect-network-password/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to set VPN cannot map network connected drive network or access W7 but up a VPN with using a Windows ultimate maching as a server The current client is also W I've been through the two tutorials on this site and set it up Forwarded port to the relevant PC set PPTP and when the dust had settled the client PC accessing the internet via BT Openzone will connect to the server using a non-BTopenzone internet connection I W7 VPN connected but cannot access network or map network drive am trying to set up a network drive mapped to a share on the server but I cannot access any of the shares on the server If I try server share I just get quot not found quot I presume server should be the internal network name or IP as opposed to the external one When I 'browse' I only see the files and folders on the client PC On the server I have RAS Dial in interfaces listed as work network access type internet Home Network Access type internet Homegroup - ready to create I actually have a work group and will connect Xp machine to this server - if I ever get it working Connections LAN connection I unticked 'use default gateway on remote network' on both IPv and IPv The server is identified via no-ip com 'cos I dont have a static IP address but it makes no difference if I use the external IP address I can ping the computer using its No-IP name or its IP address but I cannot map a W7 VPN connected but cannot access network or map network drive network drive or access any network shares The server incoming connection has IPV unticked File and printer sharing ticked QoS packet scheduler ticked Under TCP IPv the allow callers to access my network is ticked assign IP address automatically Under the Local Area connection sharing tab allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection was not ticked I tried to tick it but was then forced to select a private network but the choices were only a wireless network so I left it unticked currently other PCs on the LAN share the interent connection OK So How can I set up a network drive to a shared folder on my VPN server Thanks for any help

A:W7 VPN connected but cannot access network or map network drive

Can you ping the vpn server ... sure?
Try to disable your firewall temporary

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324114-w7-vpn-connected-but-cannot-access-network-map-network-drive.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a small workgroup of 2 laptops and 1 desktop. I mapped a network drive on one laptop and when i go to access it with other computers, I get a login screen and it will not let me login with my credientials.
I checked the permissions. Any ideas?

A:network drive access

-- To which computer is the network drive connected physically?

-- Are you able to access the mapped network drive on laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-drive-access.959655/
Relevancy 51.17%

Running Win7 Home Premuim ....running on a laptop wirelessly.
I have 2 network drives one I can access with no problem the other it keeps asking for my password but says it is incorrect. I have a a wired Win XP system that can access both network drives with no problem.
Seems it is something with the accounts and persmissions on the Win 7 system. I have played with all combinations. At a loss...can someone provide some guidance

Thanks
Paul

A:Cannot access Network Drive

Hi.

If the two accounts have same user names but different passwords, make the passwords identical and problem is solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40306-cannot-access-network-drive.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Windows 7, cant access network drive
I have a Freecom 500GB Network drive, for the sake of example lets say the network name is "500". I can go into my network and see all 3 computers on my network including the "500".
I could browse 500 when I was using Windows XP. Now whenever I try to access 500 on my network, I get the error message:
\\500 is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator blah blah blah, error 1208.

I just installed Windows 7 and this is happening. I turned off the windows firewalls, I can ping the drive by IP and name, yet windows will not let me access it even though I am the administrator.

Can someone tell me what the heck is going on here?

A:Network drive access.

Hi there,

Whats your Network drive plugged into?

The issue normally comes about when you have xp machines and a 7 machine for example, they use different workgroup setups so accessing a network drive via 7 falls over, a known issue.

Try mapping the drive to your machine, Go to "Computer" and full screen the window you should see "Map network drive" as one of the options along the top just below the address bar.

If that fails try it again but this time check the box for use different credentials and the the xp login

Note: credentials.
Username: pc user who has the drive
Pass:
or it may need
Username: pcname\username of the user on the drives pc.
Pass:

Point to your drive etc and see if it allows you to access it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-drive-access-595251.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am having difficulty access my network drive. I am able to access it from my office's wifi, but if I switch to our router or phone's internet connection it says it cannot find the network drive. Is the network drive name the same on any internet connection? Do I have to do anything special to be able to access this network drive from anywhere? I am pretty new at this.

A:Network Drive access

If you are trying to do it from home. You would need to do it through a VPN connection, to connect to the work network.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/48295-network-drive-access.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone,

I have a new 2nd hard drive that I just put in to my windows 7 machine for extra storage. It is formatted for ntfs and I can see it and access it on the windows 7 machine. My other computer on my home network is running windows xp sp3. I can see the drive on the xp machine but I can't access it. It keeps telling me I don't have proper permission. I am the administrator on both machines and can transfer other files back and forth across my network with no problems. So, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Don

A:can't access network drive

Quote: Originally Posted by dc57

Hello everyone,

I have a new 2nd hard drive that I just put in to my windows 7 machine for extra storage. It is formatted for ntfs and I can see it and access it on the windows 7 machine. My other computer on my home network is running windows xp sp3. I can see the drive on the xp machine but I can't access it. It keeps telling me I don't have proper permission. I am the administrator on both machines and can transfer other files back and forth across my network with no problems. So, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Don

File and folder permissions in win 7 is different. An admin (or the admin) on one is not the same as an admin on the other because the path to the user is different. IE machine A//admin is not machine B // admin.

For you to be able to share you need to include the qualified path to the user.

Lets say you want to share the XP folder with both the admin on XP and the admin on win 7. Both need to be added.

Hope that helps

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/85597-cant-access-network-drive.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I m having trouble accessing a network drive on my home computer network--can t delete Can't network Access drive-XP it and I can t map to it I ve successfully mapped a few of the drives folders but one is giving me a headache Here s the situation I have two computers hardwired via a linksys router System quot A quot has XP Home with Can't Access network drive-XP four users family members There is only one drive and no partitions This system s power supply is failing and I need to back up user files to Can't Access network drive-XP System quot B quot System quot B quot has XP professional with a similar drive configuration as System A From this system I can see a couple of folders drives I set up Can't Access network drive-XP as network drives on System quot A quot and they are accessible I can successfully copy files from Sys quot A quot to Sys quot B quot However access is denied to one of the network drives on sys quot A quot When I try to disconnect the inaccessible drive nothing happens The drive still shows up under network drives in my computer When I click on it an alert states that the location is unavailable The drive will not go away it shows up as a disconnected drive and I can not delete it I also noticed that the drive in question is listed as having a quot RAW quot file system where as the successfully connected drives are listed as having NTFS file systems I don t know how the drive in question got listed as having a RAW file system Does this have any bearing on why I can t delete it reconnect it or access it Suggestions appreciated nbsp

A:Can't Access network drive-XP

If you're seeing RAW as a filesystem type, it's time to stop screwing around with networking and backup the files onto a local drive, perhaps a USB FLASH drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-network-drive-xp.665147/
Relevancy 51.17%

Seagate - BlackArmor 1TB External USB 2.0 Network Storage Server - ST310005MNA

So i plan on getting that Network Drive. Is there a way i can access it from anywhere over the internet without the pogo service or any other service, or if anything, a free service?

A:Access network drive

Quote: Originally Posted by cclloyd9785

Seagate - BlackArmor 1TB External USB 2.0 Network Storage Server - ST310005MNA

So i plan on getting that Network Drive. Is there a way i can access it from anywhere over the internet without the pogo service or any other service, or if anything, a free service?

yes free service called team viewer. Your problem may come if the HD or computer it is attached to hangs.
I use team viewer to access, move files, control desktop, etc.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/38576-access-network-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all I have an annoying problem I use a vista home pc network access Vista to - allow not one will drive as a basic file server storing music photos and other files for Vista network - will not allow access to one drive the whole family I can access all the shared Vista network - will not allow access to one drive folders on C on the machine with no problems but as this drive was getting full I installed a new drive E I intended to use a subfolder Great Repository as a universal store for everything I had some success for a while despite the Vista network - will not allow access to one drive fact that I had to enter a username and password each time Installing AVG internet security totally stopped access now fixed by turning off the firewall I have only been able to access the Repository files intermittently More often than not I get a message saying that it is not accessible or that I do not have permission to access it Sometimes however I am able to access and read the data I have no trouble with files in any other drive As far as I can tell I have given full permission to do everything to everybody including me I access the resource using another vista home premium PC and a win home premium pc Both have the same problems I have seen that this is not in and of itself an uncommon problem but I cannot find any way to solve the trouble when one drive is accessible and another not I should very much appreciate any tips you could offer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-network-will-not-allow-access-to-one-drive.974984/
Relevancy 50.74%

All of my computers can access each other without a problem, except that no one can access the two usb drives over the lan ( except the desktop they are connected to.
The whole idea was to be able to play my music from a laptop in the other room or at my Dad's house. I can if I move the data to an internal drive.
What am I missing???

Relevancy 50.74%

I backed up my Vista Business system using the Backup and Restore Center functionality as delivered with the O.S. Additinally, when I set up the backup I used the "On a hard drive" option and selected an external hard drive (F drive) .

My problem is that I now need to restore a file but when I click on "Restore files" I get the message "There are no backups available on this computer".

I guess I have two questions at this point.

A) Although the backup allowed me to select and backup to an external drive that was hooked to my machine, is that not a valid option?

B) If it is a valid option then why isn't it seeing the drive to restore from (yes it is plugged in and hooked to a USB port. I can see/access the drive through Explore).

Thanks for any help you can offer
Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/access-to-network-drive-back-up-248527.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Suddenly, on the same network with other Win7 computers, on which I followed the same procedure that always worked before and could view back and forth between the computers but this time the D drive only can not be accessed.
On either Asus laptop using Win 7 or with a newer one (with Win 10). In both cases all the folders within D drive that I share (and security settings) are visible and usable, but not the drive D itself on either computer. All sharing and security settings are identical with the folders that work across the network.
In the sharing center I have it share without passwords.
It keeps saying Can not access drive D.
I think I tried everything but maybe someone can suggest something.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395625-network-between-computers-cant-access-d-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

OK, I want to set up a server so that I can allow multiple people access to it. Essentially it will be a file server, but I want to let people map it like a network drive over the internet. Can someone point me in the right direction so that I can at figure out how to set something like this up? I have even been having a hard time googleing the answers i want. Also I want to set up a login and permissions. I am assuming windows will be the best way to do this.

A:How do I network drive to allow colleagues access to

Hello,

How to configure a mapped drive is here:
XP: Map Network Drive - How to Map a Network Drive in Windows XP Using Windows Explorer

Windows 7: http://www.itechtalk.com/thread3673.html

Remember to check the share permissions on the File Server. What OS are you using for this? How many users is it for?
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/218105-how-do-i-network-drive-allow-colleagues-access.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have this problem that I have used a lot of hours trying to solve I have a Zyxel NSA- Plus I have computers logged to this network - Laptop Vista wlan Can map shares on NSA- but can not access read below - Laptop Vista wlan Same as above - Laptop Vista ethernet cable Same as above - PC Vista ethernet cable Same as above - Laptop XP wlan No problem everything works - PC XP ethernet cable No problem everything works The problem - I can not log in to the network drive settings The page starts loading but it never shows - All computers including NSA- has the same workgroup name WORKGROUP - NSA- access network drive let Vista me won't 's IP is no other device on the network has this IP - I can map shares e g photo - I can open shares - Vista won't let me access network drive I can browse the content on all shares - When i click on a file the quot loading wheel quot starts spinning and the window hangs for a couple of minutes - When i double click on a file the quot loading wheel quot starts spinning and the window hangs for a couple of minutes The folder shows up empty when its done quot hanging quot and nothing else happens As it is no problem in XP but the same problem on all the Vista computers it seems like it must be a setting in Vista All help will be highly appreciated

A:Vista won't let me access network drive

Do you have a 3rd party firewall installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-let-me-access-network-drive-428341.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Guys I'm screwed I took all the pictures we had taken I a access network on can't help! drive. Please files for our christmas cards and placed Please help! I can't access files on a network drive. them on a portable hard drive that is connected directly to our router as a network Please help! I can't access files on a network drive. drive I put them in their own folder All of the files are in CR format The theory was Please help! I can't access files on a network drive. to put them there so everyone can access them and they would be backed up Today I went to view them and even though all the files are there even though I each one is mb or so in size I cannot access them I have been able to open out of the we took When I try to open them I get an error saying the file has been moved or deleted but it is still right there When I try to move them to a local drive I get an error that the file is no longer located there But they are clearly right there I don't know as much about computers as I once did but I am in the dog house and I need some help Is there anyway to access these photos or am I up S amp T creek without a paddle Thanks in advance

A:Please help! I can't access files on a network drive.

As Aaron Rogers said earlier in the football year: "RELAX". All is not lost at this point. Here is what I would do, remove the USB drive from the router and connect it locally to a computer (be sure to reboot the computer before connecting the USB drive...that way we know we are working from a clean slate).

Once you have booted up the computer and attached the USB drive, see if you can browse the USB device and try to copy your files to a local drive on your computer. Only do a few at a time to make sure it works. Let us know if this helped at all.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58181-please-help-i-cant-access-files-network-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm using XP. I have mapped a network drive to a Windows 7 computer as administrator. I am trying to navigate to Z:\Users\Mary\Pictures\Mary's Pictures. But when I navigate to Z:\Users\Mary\Pictures I don't see "Mary's Pictures". I can see "Mary's Pictures" if I'm at her computer.

What do I have to do to see all folders and files on Z?

A:Mapped network drive access

Welcome EddyQ.

do you have don't show hidden and system files unchecked in folder options? That could be the reason
or the user mary does not have sharing on her pictures folder.
rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/152036-mapped-network-drive-access.html
Relevancy 50.74%

On my desktop (AKA S4, currently running Win8.1 x64 pro) I have shared out four of the hard drives with full permissions. I have 5 PCs in my network and all can access the four drives. My sister is visiting and currently accessing my network via cat5 wire. On her PC (running Win 10 x64 pro) if I view the network in Windows Explorer I can see my desktop (S4). When I double-click on S4 I'm prompted to enter network credentials. "Enter your credentials to connect to: S4" I entered my logon S4 ID and password but it tells me that the user name or password is incorrect. What the heck should I be entering? All computers are part of the same work group (WORKGROUP) and all computers are wired connected. All computers can access the internet.

A:Cannot access shared network drive

Hi

Have you compared the settings in: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings and made sure they are the same?

You need to turn off Password Protected Sharing.

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/14473-cannot-access-shared-network-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have Seagate Nas110, a network drive directly connected to my router. Is there a way I can plug into the web adress bar a number or code that I can access the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-access-my-network-drive-through-the-internet.1039863/
Relevancy 50.74%

First of all Hi to all on this forum I'm having a problem with my network which consists of Windows Ultimate x PCs My Dell laptop access Windows cannot drive network is connected through a wireless Windows cannot access network drive router to my HTPC and both computers share their Multimedia drives where the connection worked perfectly in the old school workgroup network setup no HOMEGROUP I say workED right up until a transfer of files from laptop to HTPC got disrupted as the HTPC suddenly crashed I restarted it deleted part of the files that got transfered but now the connection only works one way HTPC to Laptop I've tried every possible solution google gave me but to no avail I've tried defragmenting the HTPC disk tried fixing errors on the disk tried removing all sharing connections and making new ones but keep getting the same message quot You do not have permission to access HTPC d quot I even tried system restore on the HTPC which was successful itself but didn't fix my problem I have both firewalls and antivirus software off for now Network discovery is turned on for both computers they are in the same workgroup I've tried reseting the router as well Can it be that the broken file transfer screwed the HTPC disk up I can access it without problems from the HTPC itself Any suggestions Thanks in advance

A:Windows cannot access network drive

160 views and still no help...?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184180-windows-cannot-access-network-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok so I have two seperate issues I will address them seperately First of all let me explain that is computer IS NOT on a domain the computer name is ADMIN I ve set up other computers in our company perfectly and only these have access network drive Problem with problems I Problem with network drive access map the network drives from the server everything is working fine reconnect at login is checked I input the username and password to access the net drive and have it remember my password Everything is peachy Everything is mapped properly The next morning I turn the computer on DISCONNECTED NETWORK DRIVE I open the network drive it says quot Cannot connect username ADMIN Administrator quot enter correct info etc with the username and password boxes None of the other computers I ve setup and built for that matter have done this and they are identical I ve checked to make sure it isn t a domain in fact it s on the standard MSHOME workgroup which pretty much does nothing in my application The quiestion remains why is it using the computer s name as a default pretext in the username when trying to access the server when I have clearly mapped it with just a Administrator username How do I kill the domain computername from the network drive access point A different computer similar problem same exact thing but the username is correct no domain or anything It wont store my password so every morning I come in it says incorrect username password and it has Administrator in the username box and retains that between reboots but wont keep the password Yes I ve checked remeber my password reconnect at login etc What is the deal with this I m thinking HKEY but want to make sure I pull the right one from regedt if that s the case so I won t kill the OS What do you think about that one My grandfather always said quot Don t force it get a bigger hammer quot I m about to use this method if all else fails nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have mapped a network drive successfully with a username and the mapped network drive cannot access password I can navigate it in Windows explorer but when I try to install a software into cannot access the mapped network drive that drive when install there is a panel that I can enter the dest location it prompts me that the drive is invalid Then I click the Brwose button to view the disks I found it just lists the local disks the mapped disk is not displaying It works on XP I tried another software this time I can see the mapped disk from the dialog popup after click quot Browse quot button but it displays as disconnected with a red X on it As I said before I have connected it successfully I can create new folder or file on to that drive from Windows explorer I double clicked the quot disconnected quot disk from the dialog then it prompts me entering username and password After I did that the mapped disk became usable

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202783-cannot-access-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a laptop vista 32 home premium and a desktop vista 64 home premium I have a linksys wrt54g wireless router running kaspersky IS 2009. I have networked both computers and both computers can find one another. I have also mapped an external hard drive and both computers can find it. The hard drive is physically connected to the desktop. I can access it through the desktop. It is mapped on the laptop I can see it I can click on it but I get an access denied message when trying to open it.

I have permissions set to full control
I have user accounts on both computers set the same
Firewall is set to allow the traffic
and the drive is set to be shared

I can't open the network drive??
Any Ideas??

Thanks,
Mike

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/203526-cant-access-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a NAS (WD MyBookLive) which cannot be accessed in Windows Explorer on my brand new Surface by IP address (or name- though that doesn't work on any of my devices for some reason). I can access the config page in my browser by IP, and two other Win10 devices on my network can access the NAS by IP in Explorer fine, and I can access other devices on my network by IP fine on the Surface but for whatever reason only this computer can't access that NAS in Win Explorer.

I just got the Surface yesterday and was able to access the NAS fine, the only thing that's changed is I renamed the device and restarted and since then haven't been able to connect. I've restarted both the PC again and the NAS but no change.

A:Unable to access network drive in Explorer

There are Networking bugs in the latest update. Read all the posts on here. Some solutions we've discovered so far might work temporarily until MS fixes the problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32261-unable-access-network-drive-explorer.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The Vista backup wizard is requiring a login with user name and password to access a backup location on the network, but rejects the login with error message:
"The network share could not be accessed for the following reason:
No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.
(0x80070534)
Please ensure that the network location is valid."

Outside of the backup wizard files can be saved and retrieved from the backup location.

The PC being backed up is running Vista Home Premium 64bit, the backup location computer is running Windows XP home edition.

Please, can someone tell me how to resolve the mapping issue between the account names and security IDs or is there some other cause for the error message?

A:Network drive access with Vista Backup

Rob posted the same problem on 7-17-08 and also had no response.

See the thread below.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/185787-network-drive-access-vista-backup.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I'm trying to map a network drive across our companies computers. On one of the PC's (just one) I can navigate to the folder by going through network, selecting the host computer and finding the drive but when I try and map the drive to My PC I am told the
pc does not have the requisite permissions.

On the host pc full control is given to everyone. I can't fathom why one pc out of all of them is not given access. Any ideas?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e85182fb-d6fa-4304-9cd7-9b41a4633da4/can-access-shared-folder-but-cannot-map-network-drive?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.88%

So i have a pc in my house which i use a file server to and have folder in there that i need access to.

I can map a network drive if i'm connected to my network at home, but want to map a network drive in my office which is in a different location.

Also i can RDC to my file server, that is when i open port 3389. Tried it and it works.

Can anyone help me map the network drive outside my home network, do i need to open another port?

https://gyazo.com/f53b2f3389d723cab34acf42c2e8aa63

(let say my ip is 1.2.3.4)

Do i have to open a port then enter something like \\1.2.3.4:someportnumber\thefoldername
Preferably want to do this without using a VPN.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/393045-access-mapped-drive-outside-home-lan-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I may have posted this before, so I apologize for being repetitive.

I have a hard drive that is connect to my modem / router via a usb connection. The drive is accessed via

\\mynetwork\NETWORKHD

After rebooting my router, this will work for some number of days before it fails.

When it fails I get a message that says something like:

---------------------------------

\\mynetwork\NETWORKHD is not accessable. You may not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the Administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

--------------------------------

What changes over time that precludes access to my network hard drive? How do I fix it. Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43836-cant-access-network-usb-shared-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i am running xp on my desktop and windows vista on my laptop, i have the network set up and the c drive is set up to share on vista, but i can not access from my desktop, i get "access is denied/contact addministrator???? please help

A:how can i access the c drive from xp to vista on a home network

Stop posting multiple threads, your thread was moved to the appropriate forum please wait for a reply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f31/...lp-381018.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-access-the-c-drive-from-xp-to-vista-on-a-home-network-381015.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I manage a SBS 2003 server where the C drive has a folder called E that is shared as a drive for network users. On their computers, they map the drive as J. For some reason one long time user only see the drive J as 1 GB, while it is actually 160 GB. The two other mapped drives show the correct information. The user is a member of the Power Users group. I've looked at it from several computers with the same result. If I log on, I can see the correct size of all the mapped drives. I added a new user and it shows 1 GB for drive J.http://static.techguy.org/smilies/confused.gif

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-partial-access-to-mapped-network-drive.778509/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a usb connected hard drive connected to my Bell 2000 router. The instructions to access this drive is to go to the Documents folder and enter \\mynetwork. This then shows the shared hard drive as \\mynetwork\NETWORKHD. If I now click on NETWORKHD I get the following:
\\mynetwork\NWTWORKHD is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contac the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Not enough storage is available to process this command.
This all worked for me under Windows 7. I am unsure if it ever worked under Windows 10.

If I plug a 2 gb thumb drive into the other port on my Bell 2000 rounter it works without any problem.

Is this a permissions problem or is there something else going on that I can fix!

Thanks for your assistance.

A:Can't access network usb shared hard drive

After many days of of trying everything I could think of doing, the problem was resolved by power cycling (rebooting) my router.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35266-cant-access-network-usb-shared-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have never had issues with shared drives until I enabled uac, now anytime I try to send a file to another pc I get folder destination access denied. How do I fix this? Win 7 x64

A:Mapped network drive says access denied

This sounds like a permissions issue, try the steps below.

1. Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

3. Click Edit. 

4. Click the name of the person you want to give ownership to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617621/mapped-network-drive-says-access-denied/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, i have a 500gb external hard drive on a vista PC. I set up a folder and shared it. i can access it on this PC and map the drive. But networked XP
machines get the error access is denied.
i have been trying to get this workin for the past 4 days now and i have had no luck.
i have been looking around the net and read something about having to have the same user account on all networked pc's. This is not an option for me because it would take to long to go around all pc's making a user account and other reasons.

can someone guide me on how i can simply press a few buttons to allow all networked users access the drive?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-is-denied-network-drive-problem.781790/
Relevancy 49.88%

3 machines involved.
Windows 7 64-bit w/2 hard drives (Machine A)
Windows 7 32-bit notebook (Machine B)
Windows XP, SP3 w/2 hard drives (Machine C)

All machines can access each other's C drive.
Both Win7 machines (A & B) can access 2nd drive on XP machine (C).
Neither B or C can access 2nd drive on Win7 machine (A).
Message: ...drive is not accessable. You may not have permission to use the network resource.
Followed a similar thread and checked all permissions locations.
All permissions show shared in every way possible.
Had no success setting up Homegroup to do it, so removed it.

A:Can't access 2nd drive over network on Win7 machine

Welcome to SF,

Please try accessing the shared drive this way:

Click on Start and type \\ComputerName\shareddrive
or \\IPAddress\shareddrive

Also, any Firewall or Security Software installed from those machines?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185546-cant-access-2nd-drive-over-network-win7-machine.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi First thing first I know this is a long question so thank you for reading I am absolutely tearing my hair out with this one I think Access Solved: Folders Network To On Drive Unable I am way out of my depth trying to solve it on my own so any help would be appreciated I have Windows Vista Home Basic on my laptop I purchased a Network HDD case and installed my own spare hard drive Solved: Unable To Access Folders On Network Drive I set it up the network HDD through the web based program and made a password protected shared folder and a non protected shared folder XP recognized everything and I can access both folders Vista however shows everything in the quot network quot folder but I then click on the password protected folder it prompts me as you would expect for a password and a user name I entered the user name and password No matter what I tried it wouldn t work after hours and hours of searching on the net I found out that I need to change LmCompatibilityLevel in the registry It was on so I changed it to I went to the folder in question clicked on it it prompted me I entered the Solved: Unable To Access Folders On Network Drive user name Solved: Unable To Access Folders On Network Drive and password and to my surprise it worked I tried to open one of the sub-folders clicked on it it starts to load it continues loading and does absolutely nothing Roughly for about - minutes The HDD is not working by that I mean not loading files or anything else while Vista is supposedly loading as I can tell from the usage lights on the back So I try to open the other folder without a password on it I can get into the folder then as with the password protected folder when I click on one of the sub-folders it just loads and loads it never opens it I thought well hold on it did before it must be the LmCompatibilityLevel setting that I changed so I changed it back to and for good measure re-booted the system and it made no difference So I went from passwords not working to not working at all I don t know if changing the LmCompatibilityLevel could have then altered some other setting in Vista somehow But any help would be appreciated Thanks Rick nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all My home network is as follows I have a desktop running Win Pro -bit connected to my router via ethernet cable It has two drives set to share on the Win7 can but on can't access drive network home WinXP map home network I have a Win Ultimate -bit laptop connected to the network wirelessly that can currently access the two shared drives on the desktop quot access quot as in can read write modify and delete files on the shared drives I have them mapped as E and F drives in My Computer on the Win WinXP can map but can't access Win7 drive on home network laptop The issue I have a WinXP laptop also accessing the network wirelessly that I need to have the same access as the Win laptop I was able to get the WinXP laptop to quot see quot the shared drives also mapped as E and F drives in WinXP can map but can't access Win7 drive on home network My Computer but when I click on either of them on the WinXP laptop I get an error pop-up that says quot E is not accessible Access is denied quot I have verified that the drive contents are fully accessible via the Win laptop What could I be missing that WinXP needs to be able to access those drives Thanks for anyone's help

A:WinXP can map but can't access Win7 drive on home network

If you need complete access to the entire drive by Everyone on your network simply go into the Security tab of the drive and use the advanced sharing settings then enter Everyone in the open box when it comes up. Use the check marks for full access as required. This link shows you how> HDD sharing

There are certain risks involved with sharing the entire drive with Everyone on your network. You should know who has access to your own network and what that means. Though it is possible to allow for access by only certain people on the network, the process required for that is much more work and I don't really feel like going into the specifics right now. From a security stand point you would be better off sharing the entire USER folder if you need that sort of access.

And before anyone tells me this isn't a very safe way to share, I'm well aware of the risks involved but keep in mind I have warned the OP and I am giving the Op EXACTLY what they are asking for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242520-winxp-can-map-but-cant-access-win7-drive-home-network.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My Windows Pro x computer computer can no longer see my shared network drive that is attached to no longer drive clients Windows access can 7 network my Asus RT-N router that is running its Samba Windows 7 clients can no longer access network drive server I have checked that the workgroup is set to WORKGROUP on both the server in the router and on my Win client system I was able to access the shared drive just fine a few days ago I have a Raspberry Pi on the network that is still able to access the shared network drive just fine This would seem to indicate the Samba server in the router is still working So Windows 7 clients can no longer access network drive I started up another old Win computer computer on the network It is also unable to see the shared network drive although it is able to see Computer on the network And Computer was able to see Computer when it booted up I have tried rebooting the router I have not made any changes in the router configuration in the last week I'm stumped Any suggestions on what else I should check

A:Windows 7 clients can no longer access network drive

You are the 2nd person with a similar problem in the last 2 days, see Win 7 machines not visible to XP machines within same network

You: Win7 machines see each other but not the others, while others see each other but not the Win7.
The other person: Win7 machines see each other, XP see each other but neither XP nor Win7 see the other OS.

I wonder if you guys have anything in common. Like a similar security software? Which one do you use?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374962-windows-7-clients-can-no-longer-access-network-drive.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a network hard drive mapped as Z which I have become unable to do ANYTHING with I can't delete anything change anything or add anything to the drive and on Take Hard Drive Denied Network Can't Ownership Access I just get that blasted quot Destination folder access denied You need permission to perform this action quot The internet has provided me with a plethora of solutions to this issue and none of them have worked I'm logged on as administrator User Account Control is totally off Windows will allow me Access Denied and Can't Take Ownership on Network Hard Drive to neither change permissions nor ownership of Z or any folder or file within Z I try giving Full Control to Everyone and it says quot An error occurred while applying security information to file name Access is denied quot I go into Advanced and click the Owner tab It states the current owner of everything on Access Denied and Can't Take Ownership on Network Hard Drive Z is quot nobody quot and if I try to change Access Denied and Can't Take Ownership on Network Hard Drive the owner it says quot Unable to set new owner on Z Access is denied quot I've tried going into command prompt and changing ownership using quot takeown f Z quot and I just get quot Z Access is denied quot I've run out of ideas Please help

A:Access Denied and Can't Take Ownership on Network Hard Drive

Have you checked permissions on the server-side of the folder that the Z: Drive maps to? Have you tried remapping the drive? Additionally, if you go server-side to this folder, what permissions are set on it? Does your account have the appropriate share permissions for this folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118668-access-denied-cant-take-ownership-network-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am going crazy trying to figure this out.

I just got a new PC: Intel i7, Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. My network map can see my WD My Book External Network drive and can manage to enter and configure the same through the web browser but my Discovery Tool states that "No network drives can be found".

I can access all files on the WD network drive on 2 other PCs with Windows XP and another PC with Windows 7 so I can exclude that the WD drive is not working properly.

I have already tried disabling Firewall and AntiVirus but the Discovery Tool cannot find my WD!

Has anyone else had problems of this kind?

HELP!

A:Solved: Cannot access files on my external network drive

Discovery tool? If you see it in networks, can you access the files on the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-access-files-on-my-external-network-drive.956690/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,

Over the weekend I upgraded my dsl modem to the 660 series (from the 645). The prior modem had been bridged but I was told that this was unnecessary with this new one. The new modem had an ip address that was the same as the router and so I had to change the router to another subnet. I've done all this and am up and running but I can no longer access my network storage drive. I've tried a number of things including changing my firewall profile, rebooting each piece of equipment etc.

Key players:
Belkin Pre-N Router
Linksys NSL
Maxtor External Drive
Pc-cillin Internet Security 2006

Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 49.02%

I purchased a new Coolmax CN- this week and it s incredibly slow The data transfer rates to it range from Mbps to Mbps Everything else on my network performes at a full Mbps and there are no addiction hubs switches or routers involved I have already tried using a different Cat e network cable power cycling all (Network CN-550 Speed Problem Access Storage) Coolmax NAS Drive devices on the network etc There is a brand new Western Digital Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem RPM Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem gig HDD inside with MB cache There doesn t seem to be any firmware updates for the CN- available Has anyone had a similar problem with this device or other NAS hardware Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Information Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem on the hardware can be found here http www coolmaxusa com productDetailsNetwork asp item cn- I m at a complete loss as to what could be causing the poor performance I ve attempted to contact the manufacturer via their email protected support email address but have not received any response nbsp

A:Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem

One thing I forgot to mention is when I plug the NAS directly into a USB port the transfer rates are exactly what you would expect from a USB 2.0 device. It's only when it's being used over the network that it's so slow. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/coolmax-cn-550-nas-network-access-storage-drive-speed-problem.445347/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All,

I am running Windows 8.1 pro. When i try to access a network location on another AD Domain (Non trusted), I get the below error.

Once i add the above path as network drive in My computer it gets mapped and works, Then if i access the path from run it works.
I have tried by FQDN and IP both don't work in Run window.
Can any one assist in finding what is the issue and how do i solve it.

Gautam.75801

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e1e3edc3-19e8-4ca8-b613-f68218333ab4/unable-to-access-shared-drives-located-in-other-domains-via-run-window-but-works-when-we-map-as-a?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys,

I'm after an external HD of some sort, so I can:

1) Upload all my important files on to it from my pc then format my HD in my PC. Then relaod my important files back on.

2) Take it to friends houses to exchange data with them.

It needs to hold around 40 gig or over.

Whats the best way/method/product? I don't have much cash so budget is important.

Thanks

EF

A:Eternal HD's via USB

you could try here for a external hd.

http://www.newegg.com/index.asp?DEPA=0

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/eternal-hds-via-usb.343830/
Relevancy 46.87%

Please help Just got back from vacation PC eternal reboot in and found that son had been using PC for surfing inappropriate sites So I changed the User profiles on all of our pc s to be Locked and require a password Tested on all and everything worked fine However this AM my main PC set up with XP PC in eternal reboot operating system the one with all my important work stuff of course will not boot up I get the HP screen with the Bios setup option then the screen that says the PC was shut down incorrectly and I can try Safe Mode Last workable configuration etc I choose one of these have tried them all by now and it says it s booting in x seconds Then the windows screen pops up with the little blue bar traveling back and forth across the bottom for about seconds and then right back to the screen with Safe Mode etc It keeps going through this cycle even if I don t choose a mode for booting Any one know what I can do nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I get BSOD always. My Windows 7 x64 is clean, license. I've done memory test and there are no problems. I checked HDD and it's good too. I even tried another HDD but I get BSODs so far. Minidumps are attached ? these are just few BSODs of millions. AIDA64 report is here too.

A:Eternal BSOD!

Welcome to SF Lttybc, please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320521-eternal-bsod.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Well, well, well.
It looks like the mystery of the disappearing Restore Points will remain a mystery forever.
I am using Windows 10 on a desktpo pc.
I have reserved 59GB for the Restore Points.
However, all the Restore Points, both manual and automatically created ones would vanish the next day when I switch on the power and power up the pc.
I don't have that many Restore Points whether manual of automatic ones at any one time; just one or two manual ones and the same number of automatic ones.
The fact is that the Restore Points were shown to be in existence proved that they have been successfully created.
I have been hunting high and low for a solution, even in the Microsoft Community website without any success whatsoever!!!
Looks like this will be forever a mystery of the IT World.

A:Eternal Mystery

Surely not a fix but possibly a workaround as I had the same problem.

I use Restore point creator @ Restore Point Creator | Toms World Tech Blog

I now get a nice fresh restore point every day.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/43614-eternal-mystery.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I know this is a long shot I m staying in what s basically a hotel for the next couple months I was properties - Internet to access can't but network, network Connected access no on their free wireless Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties networks up until a couple of days ago when it just cut off my internet access all of a sudden They have confirmed it s nothing on their end My roommates have had steady access on their computers no problem my iPhone as well I obviously have no access to their modem to make issues more difficult when I right-click any of the network connections a dialog box will appear but all the menu options are blank I can t do anything to the connections except rename them Anything else yields a message box with no message if there s any other way to access the TCP IP properties that would be great Right-clicking the connection and clicking properties is the only way I know of I have tried winsock repair uninstalling reinstalling wireless driver and just about everything else I could think of ipconfig all gives me the following output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bc hsia telus net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bc hsia telus net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ee bcd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - B- -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cgocable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap McMaster CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EB EB - D- C - B -CDD br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap no-domain-set bellcanada Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FE-CEA - DD-B CE- CA C br D E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA - D E- C A-AD -B br E F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b ecb b c ... Read more

A:Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties

Appears you are on Vista ( Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] )

and running from an Admin Login (ie Owner and other than maintenance, you should be using a Limited Account, eg: UAC but solve that latter)

Disconnect from the router
Goto Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
Right click on ?Local Area Connection? & click ?properties? option.

scroll and find the Internet Protocol V6
clear the [x] preceeding that line
click ok

get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enternetsh int ip reset
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-network-but-no-internet-access-cant-access-network-properties.149976/
Relevancy 46.44%

Guys,
I have a win 2000 going thru an eternal boot up loop.
When it goes to the startup screen (green) it reboots the computer.
Any ideas?

A:eternal boot up loop

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

Go here and get the Blaster worm removal tool . You may have to download to disk on another computer then run it . Let us know what it finds here please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/eternal-boot-up-loop.320812/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I hope this is the right Forum I have a Lenovo Computer Windows XP that will not come out of sleep mode I turn the computer in it makes no beeps but all the fans come on sleep an in eternal Computer The monitor stays in a amber lit mode If i turn the monitor off on it comes up with a Lenovo screen then states it is in quot Power Save Mode quot The keyboard does not respond to anything and the CapsLock NumLock lights do not come on This has happend once before and i turned computer off unplugged held power button for sec left for a minute replugeed turned on all fine This time still nothing i have had the top off and checked all the connections and everything looks very tight everything is spotless I have also added the step of removing the battery as well all to no avail and also tried to restart without the battery I have also tried the monitor on my other computer it all good Another monitor on the problme computer still asleep Please if someone could Computer in an eternal sleep help me i would be very thankfull b

Relevancy 46.44%

How do I connect an external camera via HDMI for use in Hangouts instead of the included webcam on my Ideapad N20P?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Chromebooks-N20-N20p-N21/Eternal-camera-connection/td-p/3343185
Relevancy 46.44%

I just bought an Western Digital World Book external drive for my office. Since wall network jacks are limited, I hooked it up using a switch. My machine works fine on the network, the WD doesn't. I can't figure whether it's a lemon or there some configuration problem. The problem with the drive is that it's hit or miss whether it allows me to transfer files to it.

It will start transferring then half way through the transfer, it will come up with an access denied error. Then I reboot the drive and it works a a few minutes of transferring and then access denied.

I gave the drive a static IP after talking to tech support, but that hasn't seemed to resolve the problem. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-move-files-to-eternal-wd-hd.797132/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm starting to accept that I'm gonna have blue screens till the second coming Just a brief background I built this machine a year ago and BSOD Eternal The Machine have been bluescreening regularly ever since I had an ati which bluescreened all the time I ended up reformatting and now have an EVGA GTX seems to be more stable overall I'm only bluescreening once a week or so now down from times a day Here's my last The Eternal BSOD Machine bluescreen error The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e x x b eb x x ea A dump was saved The Eternal BSOD Machine in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - Here's my system info Core i prolimatech meghalems cpu cooler p x d premium mobo gb corsair ram memtested and came out great xfx ati radeon rosewill watt power supply samsung f 's in a raid system resides here samsung f just for storage Windows bit full retail version Current OS install is about months old Attached is the usual health report etc Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance you guys have been fantastic Without these forums I would be pulling my hair out

A:The Eternal BSOD Machine

Hi bigge and Welcome.

STOP 0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Usual causes: Device driver, ?memory

As a priority:

ASACPI.sys Mon Mar 28 03:30:36 2005 This driver is notorious for causing BSOD's. Asus ATK101 ACPI Utility
Input your Mother board details. You'll find the ATK101 drivers under the sub-heading: Utilities.

RTCore64.sys May 25 02:39:12 2005 RivaTuner/EVGA Precision (known issues with Windows 7). Uninstall. XP software that is incompatible with Windows 7.
Bugcheck Analysis
Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [D:\DOWNLOADS\DUMPS\bigge\1_30_Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2_and_health_report\013011-23774-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e55000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03092e50
Debug session time: Sun Jan 30 09:40:04.712 2011 (UTC + 0:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 21:57:15.396
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 4E, {99, b27eb, 2, 1891ea}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc). If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000099, A PTE or PFN is corrupt
Arg2: 00000000000b27eb, page frame number
Arg3: 0000000000000002, current page state
Arg4: 00000000001891ea, 0

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_99

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: Illustrator.ex

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002f5538c to fffff80002ec5740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0a3fd108 fffff800`02f5538c : 00000000`0000004e 00000000`00000099 00000000`000b27eb 00000000`00000002 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a3fd110 fffff800`02f379e5 : 00000000`00000000 fffff680`003a3988 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!MiBadShareCount+0x4c
fffff880`0a3fd150 fffff800`02e99c23 : fffffa80`05606b30 fffff700`00007118 0000007f`fffffff8 fffff8a0`0f73b398 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x3222c
fffff880`0a3fd1e0 fffff800`02e9868a : fffffa80`05606b30 fffffa80`000000b2 00000000`000043c9 fffff800`00000000 : nt!MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet+0x307
fffff880`0a3fda90 fffff800`031aadcf : fffff8a0`0873c060 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`059ac060 : nt!MmCleanProcessAddressSpace+0x96
fffff880`0a3fdae0 fffff800`0318285b : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 00000000`7efdb000 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspExitThread+0x92f
ff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141468-eternal-bsod-machine.html
Relevancy 46.01%

--

------------------------------------------

A:Yahoo Websitebuilder - My eternal hell.

Read this: http://powerpageswebdesign.com/articles_liquid_design.htm
and this: http://www.fortressdesign.com/testing.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yahoo-websitebuilder-my-eternal-hell.27775/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I am afraid I have a crazy issue going on here My computer was starting up fine before then I attempted to install Silverlight which led me to find out that I couldn t install it because I still had XP SP So I attempted to install SP the problem is that I left the computer while it was installing and screen Pro eternal XP hang Startup come back to find it hanging on the startup screen I don t know why the computer restarted whether it was automatic or XP Pro Startup screen eternal hang due to a power loss issue or something but now all it does is hang on the start up screen I did let it cycle through for a few hours before I decided to try to restart in case it was just loading slow I can start into safe mode but not into regular mode and I have taken out all my startup items In safe mode it says Windows XP pro SP at the top of the screen but I can t run any programs or install uninstall anything so I don t know what else to do I am at a loss at this point Are there specific anti-virus programs that I can run in safe mode Any other things I can check Am I going to have to transfer all of my files via safe mode and reinstall windows I m sure I could manage that but I d rather not have to spend the time to transfer hundreds of gigs of files to my external drive Any ideas or anything would be much appreciated AMD Barton - GB Ram Asus A N X Windows XP Pro nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I am on a acer t180,uses vista,and I am on a wireless network. I was playing Eden Eternal and then they shutdown the servers for maintenance. That was on tuesday and I have not been able to play since. The servers for the game are of course back online. I have since then uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times. Every time I click on the game it says http can't connect. I am able to use the internet just fine but the game for some reason won't connect. I have tried everything and nothing works. I checked my firewall settings,router settings, other security settings and none of those solved the problem. I even contacted tech support from the game website but their suggestions did not help. I am all out of ideas.Please help me cause I would like to play the game ASAP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/eden-eternal-connection-problems.1012371/
Relevancy 46.01%

I just done a little swap with a couple of mobo's one was a chaintech apogee and the other was a gigbit kt7 triton, anyway the chaintech one is working fine but the other one when it tries to load windows it just restart its self. and continues to do that. Any feedback is appriciated

A:Computer locked in an eternal boot

Set it up with a basic configuration for troubleshooting. Only have the memory, video and CPU installed and a CD-ROM if you need it. Ho far into Windze setupdo you get?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-locked-in-an-eternal-boot.226043/
Relevancy 46.01%

How do I connect an external camera via HDMI for use in Hangouts instead of the included webcam on my Ideapad N20P?

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Chromebooks-N20-N20p-N21/N20P-Eternal-camera-connection/td-p/3343185
Relevancy 45.15%

OK I got a baffler I use XP and I do have the dreaded service pack so I don't know if this is related or not but About weeks ago my PC decided it couldn't see my hard drives Tried a few times and it was quite adamant that I didn't have any Figured I'd probably been mean to it and left it to a few hours sleep and came back and from then on it has agreed with me that it does have two hard drives However now it always runs chkdsk upon loading Not really a problem in itself most chkdsk, no games load... uh-oh, won't & defragmenting eternal except when I try to defragment my hard drives it won't let me do the second one claiming that it can't because a chkdsk scan is scheduled uh-oh, eternal chkdsk, no defragmenting & most games won't load... for it Also in a possibly unrelated tragedy some fairly basic games such as the first Sims a few simple retro games won't load citing that my graphics card isn't up the job The same d graphics card that can happily manage DVDs and every old website going If this all seems simple and obvious to you please be kind enough to share your wisdom with me thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/uh-oh-eternal-chkdsk-no-defragmenting-and-most-games-wont-load-327987.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi folks
My printer has worked perfectly for years and one day the blinking light went on and never stopped blinking. I tried unplugging the computer and printer and turning it back on to no avail, and I changed the ink cartridge. I double checked to make sure it is set as the default printer. Any tips?
Thanks
Luke

Relevancy 45.15%

okay im getting desperate here. I was trying to do a repair/upgrade installation on my xp then it froze at 39minutes remaining and so i restarted the computer and everytime i start it up it brings me a blue screen that says "windows xp:setup is being restarted........." then it brings me to a black screen with my cursor then restarts again and goes back to the same blue screen with the same message and repeats it over and over infinite times in a loop. it seems as though i cannot get to the next step. ive tried the repair but it wont accept my admin pass. i DO NOT want to lose my files so im not willing to do anything that will cause loss of data. How can i bypass the loop and regain access to my files?? please help anything will be appreciated!

A:Help can't finish a setup on windows xp because of eternal loop

HELP aNyONE?! im desperate :approve:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-cant-finish-a-setup-on-windows-xp-because-of-eternal-loop.18336/
Relevancy 45.15%

Every time I start windows I get a message that appears in a small rectangular box after windows has booted up. It says: "In order to update your computer restart now" with a yes no option. After choosing yes and computer restarts the message reappears and so on So you have to choose no. I have super-anti spyware, AVG anti virus and threatfire all up to date and scan the system regularly but the message pops up every time windows is started. Any ideas how I can ridd myself of this pest?

A:Eternal restart for update message in windows

Hello is this an XP,Vista etc... machine??

Is that the exact message?

OR "Restarting your computer is required". The message further says "The computer must be restarted before updating can continue. Would you like to restart now?"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/245612/eternal-restart-for-update-message-in-windows/
Relevancy 45.15%

The other day I turned off my computer using the button for the first time When I turned it back on it took longer as is expected due to the auto hibernate thing but when the log in screen came up the background wasn't there When I tried to log in it had my mode, log Long no eternal startup, in. safe account details with the circles and said quot Welcome quot like usual but it lasted for minutes after turning it off and trying again twice I looked up the problem and saw it might work if I started I safe mode the way to do that being shift clicking restart However whenever I would click the power button on the screen shift or not it would simply reload the profile selection screen Now I think I do know what the problem is I recently replaced my shell dll file while keeping a backup Long startup, no safe mode, eternal log in. of both the one from system and sysWOW while trying to get Long startup, no safe mode, eternal log in. a custom theme I assume it messed with Long startup, no safe mode, eternal log in. explorer and now it cant start I had restarted it several times since then but not with the physical button I was wondering if there is a way to get in to change files around without factory resetting it If needed I will post my comps details later but I don't think this is a hardware problem and it would be fairly hard to get the info what with not being able to get into my comp and all some new info i got was that when i first turn on the comp it says User Profile Service failed I looked this up and the suggestions were to open safe mode which was already established that i cant do

A:Long startup, no safe mode, eternal log in.

If you can boot with a Win 7 or 8 and get into command prompt you should be able to replace the file with the old one. Should also be able to do it from a Live Linux disk.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/47864-long-startup-no-safe-mode-eternal-log.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am trying to map network drive using invalid drive trying to access message network map "Attempt Get address." to Windows -bit nbsp The drive is a USB disk plugged right into my router nbsp Get message "Attempt to access invalid address." trying to map network drive The drive location is nbsp If I do the following at a command prompt it is successful and I can read write to Get message "Attempt to access invalid address." trying to map network drive the USB drive using file explorer at net use Get message "Attempt to access invalid address." trying to map network drive USER admin and typing in the password when prompted However if I try to use the Map Network Drive tool while selecting the quot different credentials quot option something weird happens nbsp The Windows Security box pops up to enter my credentials but then immediately a second box opens up titled just quot Windows quot nbsp The box says The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred Attempt to access invalid address Also if I use Remote Desktop Connection to try and connect with my computer at work I get a very similar situation nbsp A Windows Security box pops up to enter my credentials followed immediately with a box with the message quot Remote Desktop Connection has stopped working quot nbsp I know it should work because I created a rdp text file with my username and encrypted password in it and then I can connect I'm thinking something must be corrupt in my registry nbsp The only security software I run is the stuff that comes with Windows pretty basic machine setup quite frankly nbsp A system restore is my very last option because I don't know when the problem started so it would effectively mean re-installing the OS from scratch

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/da44d1dc-c9cd-4561-917c-0daa30c28803/get-message-quotattempt-to-access-invalid-addressquot-trying-to-map-network-drive?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a brand new acer aspire notebook and I'm trying to connect to my airport extreme card built into my iMac desktop. The laptop sees the signal just fine, but it will not connect to the internet and I get "limited access". What can I do to connect?

A:unidentified network, no network access, limited access

Hi and welcome to SF,

This is an interesting issue, from the surface of things, it looks like there is a restriction on the connection to access the internet from the built-in card. You were able to tap into the wireless card network so that narrows it down to possibly hardware, MAC address, IP restriction.

Can you do an ipconfig from the notebook and show us?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50421-unidentified-network-no-network-access-limited-access.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1750 with Windows Home Premium x64. This problem began occurring on Thursday after my brother put his hard drive from his laptop which runs Vista, into my laptop. I figured it was a stupid idea, but he stayed home and I went to school that day. (His CMOS battery needs to be replaced)

So whenever I try to connect wirelessly to my home network, my laptop considers it a public network and I have limited connectivity, which is pretty much no connectivity. Although when I connect the ethernet cord directly to my laptop, everything works fine. Not sure if that helped so let me know if you all need anything else. Here is my ipconfig/all, which is quite long.

Just so you know, I've already tried adding things to the {GUID} codes or whatever.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Unidentified Network; No Network Access; Limited Access

Hello,

I'm not an expert in Networking you may try this when someone looks at your thread Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/119966-unidentified-network-no-network-access-limited-access.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

Anyone know how to have the Eternal-September newsgroup reader display the full
names of the newsgroups, rather thank just an abbreviation ?

Using with Thunderbird.

Thanks,
B.

A:Eternal-September Newsgroup Reader & Thunderbird; Displaying FullNames

Hi:

This KB article explains how to do that: Showing full names of newsgroups - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Cheers,

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/367948-eternal-september-newsgroup-reader-thunderbird-displaying-fullnames.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys It's some days that I am trying any solution on the net including previous threads on this forum to solve my issue None worked so far Issue is here When I connect my TB WD W recognize it and its drive even shows in my computer as E But it doesnt show the content and takes forever to show the details in diskmagmt or use any other tools I have already cleaned up all my drivers multiple times and that's not working After I disconnected my WD the testdisk win software that you see there showed that it has seen the drive but shows it just when I disconnect the disk Of course the mysterious filling green bar is an open and doesn't recognize but DIKSmgmt foreve W7 takes HDD Eternal WD issue here too when I try explorer I was thinking maybe it needs time like around a W7 recognize WD Eternal HDD but doesn't open and DIKSmgmt takes foreve day to figure it but then I thought that might kill my HDD I am not expecting anything be W7 recognize WD Eternal HDD but doesn't open and DIKSmgmt takes foreve wrong with the HDD as it was just sitting in my drawer for like a week and I have important files on it Appreciate any thought or solution I have attached a screen shot Thanks a lot

A:W7 recognize WD Eternal HDD but doesn't open and DIKSmgmt takes foreve

picture af that software after disconnecting WD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393981-w7-recognize-wd-eternal-hdd-but-doesnt-open-diksmgmt-takes-foreve.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I wonder if anyone can advise update Bios 2510p Compaq failure loop)) (stuck in eternal HP me please nbsp I have an HP nbsp Compaq p notebook which on start up displays this error message nbsp 'Your Bios Failed HP Compaq 2510p Bios update failure (stuck in eternal loop)) to complete the update' nbsp A few seconds later in goes to the HP Invent screen and then back to the previous error message These two screens cycle endlessly and there is not a single key stroke I can use to gain access to the bios settings nbsp nbsp Presseing F F F or F-anything works nbsp No key commands work at all Nor can I boot from internal drive CD USB etc nbsp How can I regain access to this faulty machine to restore or repair the bios please nbsp Here is a link to nbsp images of the two alternating screens i am stuck in nbsp http postimg org gallery oa dj q nbsp nbsp nbsp P S This thread has been moved nbsp from Windows Vista to Notebook PCs - Envy Pavilion Presario - Hp Forum Moderator nbsp Solved View Solution Screen Shot - - at jpg KB Screen Shot - - at jpg KB

A:HP Compaq 2510p Bios update failure (stuck in eternal loop))

Hi: It seems you have a similar issue to this model (which is basically the same model as yours except with the 14.1" display). /t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-ZBook/Issue-with-BIOS-update-on-Compaq-6910p/m-p/2361103#M165620 Your situation seems a bit more serious than mine was, because I (an others on this thread) was able to get into windows, and flash back to F.17.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Compaq-2510p-Bios-update-failure-stuck-in-eternal-loop/td-p/5066997
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, we have a bunch of computers(70 aprox) connected to a domain. Since couple weeks ago very strange issues started occuring, internet and network access(path to network share is lost) would come up at random times and on different machines and would last for about 10-20 seconds it would re-connect again.
All the computers are using private addresses.

Most machines are windows 7, some are xp.

Using Windows server 2003 as dc.

Since the occurance is so random it's very hard to pin point the cause, hopefully someone has come accross this issue in the past.

A:Internet Access + Network Access drops for 10 seconds at random times

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-network-access-drops-for-10-seconds-at-random-times.1025789/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I'm posting this here in an attempt to fix a problem access ok, safe access mode to network - is is internet ok Unable with a laptop with no internet access in normal windows mode I believe I've cleaned all viruses off but need independent verification Spybot S D and MB's AntiMalware both report a clean machine but again would like verification Here's the DDS log and the attach file is attached DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Reason at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton On-access scanning enabled Updated A F BC C-EA - - Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok C- C FW Norton enabled C A - A C- AD -A E - C FBF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Safari Safari exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Documents and Settings Reason Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp hotmail com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q suURLSearchHooks AOLTBSearch Class ea - - db- f -d ca fb c d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dlluURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO e a - - d f-beae-d a c - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser NppBho dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO AOL Toolbar Launcher c - cb - a -b f - ea c f - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files bae BAE dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllTB AOL Toolbar de c f- - a - b-aa ed d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dllTB Show Norton Toolbar -f - -b -fbee c b df - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser UIBHO dllTB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program fi... Read more

A:Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231154/unable-to-access-internet-safe-mode-access-is-ok-network-is-ok/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello recently out of the blue my computer hasn t been able to connect to the internet I have a wireless laptop and wired xbox on the same router which can access the interet Here is a bit of my IPCONFIG Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon access router unidentified - Windows 7 network to and No Interet no Access E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - B- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f f a Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A- - - - - B- F- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Network adaptor is on automatic ip addressing I have uninstalled the bonjour service thinking that was the problem uninstalled installed and updated the network adaptor drivers and have reset the tcp ip stack none of these have worked I have tried a different cable in both a different ethernet port on my computer and a different ethernet port on my router Ive tried searching and finding a solution for two long days but have found no solution can anyone shine some light for me here and help me fix this nbsp

A:Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-unidentified-network-no-interet-access-and-no-access-to-router.960517/
Relevancy 42.14%

Greetings All So one of my users got some malware and did the cleaning up himself Windows XP Sp He says it was antivirus not too big a deal so onwards Now though he is not accessing the internet He gets a good ip address and gateway can release renew can access network resources - also can get outlook emails pop access can Cant resources? but access outlook and Internet, getting network email But no internet access no pinging though it is resolving the ip even after a dnsflush I have run the normal gambit of programs to detect any more foul play but nothing has grabbed me According to the user he removed quite a few registry entries via CCleaner and HijckThis No reg backup though So I ran a windows repair just to see if I could bulldoze the settings back in or enough in anyways No go Cant access Internet, but outlook getting email and can access network resources? So here is my HT log does anyone have any ideas Many thanks Nate -------------Log----------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot Cant access Internet, but outlook getting email and can access network resources? mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC Cant access Internet, but outlook getting email and can access network resources? WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files Iomega REV System Software RevUDF exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Desktop Sidebar dsidebar exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system WBEM WMIADAP EXEC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeE HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http fileserv e news phpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Browser Defender BHO - A F D B- - FF -B - CCE E - C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dllO - BHO no name - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Idea SidebarBrowserMonitor Class - AD C- CE - -B -B AD A - C Program Files Desktop Sidebar sbhelp dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - Toolbar PC Tools Browser Guard - EA- A- B-ADF - D E CC - C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dllO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SIDEBAR quot C Program Files Desktop Sidebar dsidebar exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Extra context menu item Convert link ta... Read more

A:Cant access Internet, but outlook getting email and can access network resources?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296521/cant-access-internet-but-outlook-getting-email-and-can-access-network-resources/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello. I am after some help regarding installing some software called Pensions Profiler on a clients computer.

Firstly the computer - Windows XP Pro, all windows updates installed.

Pensions Profiler - Installed on their server but installed on each pc. Everyone's pc is fine except one. They have a mapped network drive linking them to the pensions profiler section of the server.

When installing, it does not get very far before displaying the following error.

Pensions Profiler Installer Information
Error 1606. Could not access network location CMNet\Network Path\.

I have checked the Microsoft site but nothing comes back into relation with "CMNet\Network Path\." part of the error.

Look forward to reading some replies.
All registry has been checked in relation to similar problems on the Microsoft support website and all registry entries appear to be fine. Error message attached as a pdf.

Thanks
Jason

A:Error 1606. Could not access network location CMNet\Network Path\.

If the installation file is an 'MSI' file (ie it uses the Microsoft Installer), this may help: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msi1606.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1606-could-not-access-network-location-cmnet-network-path.1061831/
Relevancy 41.71%

I've freshly installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit on my system that previously had Ubuntu installed, and prior to ubuntu had win7 ultimate installed. With the fresh install of win7, I receive an unidentified network/no network access issue.

Heres a list of things ive tried:

- reset the network adapter
- restarted the modem and the router
- messed around with homegroup
- reset tcp/ip
- tried connecting to a specific ip/dns/default gateway (which i retrieved with a laptop)
- ip /release /renew although i wasnt successful

Ive tried almost every single thing I could find on google. Nothing works. I connect fine on ubuntu and I connected fine on ultimate.

I havent tried installing drivers though. Because I cannot access the internet on that machine to install those drivers. Help is much much appreciated as I am tired of ubuntu.

Thanks,

j

A:Fresh install of Win7 *unidentified network/no network access*

Welcome to the forums bietzshe,

I don't know much about 7 Enterprise, but I imagine you would need to install the Lan/Network drivers for your Motherboard.
Is your motherboard the P67 FTW? Do you have a driver CD for it? If not then you will need to head over to EVGA - EVGA Download Center find your motherboard from the drop down list and download and install the Network driver there.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292757-fresh-install-win7-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hi guys so I have this weird problem that is driving me nuts since some weeks here's the thing at work we have a corporate set up with Win Professional everything is setup on a quot domain quot we all have Dell computers and we can connect either via cable or via wireless pretty standard these days anyway if I connect via cable and login everything works perfectly access Cannot over Network on Network Corporate Drives Wireless Shared I can see the local network shares and no problems at all Problems start to arise on wireless Here's the crazy scenario - if I start PC on cable with wifi turned off via hardware switch then say I undock the PC for going to a meeting room AND I turn on the wifi everything works fine I can see the network drives all good it crunches for a few moments when I load explorer the Cannot access Network Shared Drives over Corporate Network on Wireless first time and then he quot finds quot the network drives - if I decide to go back to my station turn off wifi re-dock the PC back to cable everything works fine BUT - if say I am on cable undock the pc put on the wifi and THEN I restart the PC when the computer boots win it takes some time at boot then I cannot access the network drives anymore they have the red X and it says quot connection cannot be restored quot or something like that internet browsing always works fine and I DONT do any login on wireless I think because it's on a quot domain quot setup that is tested times in a row basically if I don't give him the cable at boot I cannot see the network drives and also when it cannot detect correctly the network drives if I restart the laptop it literally gets stuck and I have to force a reset on cable it restarts in like seconds I also noticed that when I am on cable if I go to quot network quot then I see some of my colleague's computers there BUT if I am on wifi when I cannot access the network drives then I see just myself this would make sense in a way things I already tried that didn't change a thing - enable files and printer sharing check - check client for Microsoft networks - TCP IP gt advanced gt NetBIOS quot enable NetBIOS over TCP IP quot from default that was before - flush DNS - restart winsocks with the net something command sorry cant remember the syntax nothing seems to make a difference to complicate things some of my colleagues with older dell computers don't have any issue at all in fact they are always on wifi for me it's a personal choice I like to be on cable when at the desk faster connection overall and when I go to meeting rooms I use the wireless obviously but it's very annoying that I have to remember quot not to restart quot if I am in meeting room otherwise I cannot see the network drives where we have work stuff sorry for the rant help highly appreciated thanks Gabrio

A:Cannot access Network Shared Drives over Corporate Network on Wireless

What is the make/model of Wireless Access Point(s)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308581-cannot-access-network-shared-drives-over-corporate-network-wireless.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I use a Comcast broadband gateway, say that this network is called 'Home'.
Connected to the 'Home' LAN I have multiple PC's, a Wii, and a Linksys E2500 Router.
Connected to the Linksys routers LAN I have 1 PC and 1 network storage device. I would like to map a network drive from a PC on the 'Home' LAN to the storage device on the Linksys router LAN.
The PC on the Linksys LAN is mapped just fine to the storage device because it's on the same LAN, I cant seem to connect anything from my 'Home' LAN to my Linksys LAN. Is it possible to do this type of mapping?
Both PCs use Windows 7.

roadmaster

A:How can I Access a Child Network From a Parent Network in Win7 64bit

Why did you add a second "router" (i.e. the E2500)? You describe only a PC and NAS connected to it, which I assume are both wired-connected to the E2500. Doesn't sound like you need any of the wireless capabilities of the E2500.

What you really should have done is get a "switch", not a router, to satisfy your needs to connect that PC and NAS. A switch has none of the firewall and security features that a router has. It's simply a "port-multiplier" which has one upstream connection port (say to a wired port on your primary Comcast gateway, i.e. modem + router combined), same as your E2500 is currently connected through its WAN port to your Comast router. The switch also has an additional number of downstream ports, to allow devices in its physical vicinity to be wired-connected, same as your router did. So to the downstream wired devices currently connected to your E2500 the "switch" device looks identical, and provides the identical access to the Internet.

But the switch will provide unblocked access to all other devices on the primary LAN hosted by itself as well as by the Comcast router. And it will also provide unblocked access to all downstream devices, to any upstream device (like your first computer). Everything connected through the switch appears identical to how it would look if connected directly to the primary router, and access between ALL devices is now possible and unrestricted by firewalls and security (since there's no second router involved).

The net effect is to provide wired connection of all the downstream devices to the primary router, as if they each had their own individual wired connection to the primary router. But they don't each have their own wired connection obviously, they're simply sharing the one upstream connection from switch to router, splitting the bandwidth (of that one upstream connection) as needed whenever they need to.

So, using a simple inexpensive reliable "gigabit switch" such as the Netgear GS105 instead of your E2500, you would connect the same cable between the Comcast router and your current E2500 to one of the ports on the GS105. Then you'd connect your second PC and the NAS to two more ports on the GS105. Bingo, presto, the second PC and NAS are now part of the primary Comcast LAN's attached devices, exactly as if they had been connected directly to one of the wired ports on the Comcast box.

That's my suggestion. A home LAN with two or more routers isn't "friendly" because of the firewall and security issues (which can be disabled, but really shouldn't come into play at all). You simply want the "port-multiplying" function of a "switch" at the remote room locations around your house, to provide additional wired Internet connectivity (say to smart TV's and players) where you have only one ethernet cable run to that room.

The multiplexing effect of a switch provides no greater than the upstream maximum speed to any of its downstream connected devices, but as long as they're not all working at the same time you might as well have full speed to each downstream device. Otherwise, they will "share" the upstream bandwidth.
NOTE: if you actually do need wireless capability in the neighborhood vicinity of that GS105 switch (which itself only has wired capability) because the wireless range of your primary Comcast WiFi router doesn't reach far enough with sufficient connection quality and speed, you can add an inexpensive "wireless access point (WAP)". This is another form of "switch" which includes both wired and wireless capability (like a WiFi router). The wireless network radiating around the WAP is a SECOND wireless network in your house, and is facilitated by the wired connection between the WAP and the primary router.

If you need this (i.e. remote WiFi to areas of the house where the primary WiFi network can't get to), we can talk more about it. But th... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/355300-how-can-i-access-child-network-parent-network-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Have had this problem for awhile, when I first boot up I can access the network through my wifi router at home with it being the default gateway. After being up for maybe 5 minutes with network activity, I then time out trying to reach my default router and cannot access anything else.

I'll attach the files below. Note that the ark2 file is after running a full scan and the ark.txt was the initial scan. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 41.71%

I have had my laptop for around a year and a half now, I've never had one single issue. I moved into a new house in August with 4 different roommates, we all have windows computers, tablets, xboxs phones ect.. For 3 months my computer worked 100 percent never had an issue with the internet, and then all of a sudden I tried to connect and it won't connect to the wireless router at my house. Nothing has changed same router, same computer, same connection ect. I have tried everything, theres no itunes, no adobe, I have tried disabling ipc6 and it randomly will reconnect. Its entirely randomly, when I returned from winter break no one was home then it stopped working again randomly and stopped any help would be appreciated.

A:Unidentified network access No internet access in windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by imthebest

I have had my laptop for around a year and a half now, I've never had one single issue. I moved into a new house in August with 4 different roommates, we all have windows computers, tablets, xboxs phones ect.. For 3 months my computer worked 100 percent never had an issue with the internet, and then all of a sudden I tried to connect and it won't connect to the wireless router at my house. Nothing has changed same router, same computer, same connection ect. I have tried everything, theres no itunes, no adobe, I have tried disabling ipc6 and it randomly will reconnect. Its entirely randomly, when I returned from winter break no one was home then it stopped working again randomly and stopped any help would be appreciated.

It's difficult if not impossible to nail this reoccurring problem down to any one thing as there are many possible causes and solutions.

Many of the solutions are covered in the link below, the comments show many other possible solutions that may help. I would read them all carefully and see if one of the solutions applies in your case.

Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318820-unidentified-network-access-no-internet-access-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I tried to find a relevant thread but no luck..

I have a small network at home that consists of 2 laptops in the same workgroup accessing the cable modem/gateway wirelessly and 1 desktop in a different workgroup accessing via ethernet cable.

The laptops have printer and file sharing enabled so that my wife and I can share files....duh

My daughter uses the desktop exclusively and I want her to have internet connectivity (which she currently does) but I don't want her having any access to the laptops.

Will this setup prevent infection of the other 2 machines if she gets a virus/spyware or otherwise downloads something unsavory?

I don't know if it matters but we also have a network printer with a static IP that we all can access.

Thank you for your help

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello. I have a problem recently where this website I try to browse to for an online Madden video game league simply will not load. I can access it and use the forum just fine on my phone via cellular connection, or even other WiFi networks. But my phone on my WiFi and either of my computers wired into my router, it never allows me access.

I have FIOS and an Actiontech WI424WR router. Every other website works just fine. I have logged into the router and checked every setting I can think of.. firewall, parental controls, access/deny lists, website blocking, nothing looked out of the ordinary. I cannot even ping the website. I also did a complete reset of my router this morning, same issue. Any ideas?

A:Cannot access one website on my network, outside of my network it loads fine

what happens when you try to access it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595315/cannot-access-one-website-on-my-network-outside-of-my-network-it-loads-fine/
Relevancy 41.28%

I had Windows Vista and everything was fine today Windows No Network Access, since - 7 Unidentified downloading Network I decided to use my free Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 Windows upgrade and I can't connect through my router It started when I downloaded Windows and I went to connect and it showed my network it said quot Unable to connect to quot network quot quot Then after a little why it didn't even show my network their at all It just said quot Unidentified Network No network access quot Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 I've tried nearly everything I'm connected now through the modem but obviously I want to fix this situation with my router so I can Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 connect through my router Also every since I got Windows I can't go to my routers IP address at http - it just won't open the page I was going to reset all router settings to default but it wouldn't let me access it I did read a lot of the other threads on this subject I've tried Disabling then Enabling Local Network Connection didn't work Please help me guys

A:Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7

This problem usually has to do with a secondary default gateway in the Windows 7 network adaptors Ipv4 settings. The link below shows you how to fix that problem.

http://pocketpccentral.net/blog/2009...blem-resolved/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89905-unidentified-network-no-network-access-since-downloading-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

For some time now my internet would be fine for 1hour after booting up my computer and then the network would then fail to be recognized. I have followed multiple tutorials on the internet, with countless suggestions, where other people have had the same problem. Some seem to fix the problem for a short time and then it comes back a week later.

Currently I am having to use my phone to connect to the internet.

Any changes I have made to try and fix it I have reversed. Except when I formatted my PC to try and fix it but again was only temp fix.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Willing to remote if needed but do not know how good the connection would be through my phone.

Many Thanks

A:Unidentified Network - No Network Access - Win7 64bit

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would help me to diagnose this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243224-unidentified-network-no-network-access-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello Forums I'll start off with the scenario that brings me here Today I managed to redecorate my bedroom where my computer sat on top of a shaky wooden desk That desk is now gone caput and replaced by a much bigger sturdier and prettier glass replacement Before I dissasembled the computer to re-decorate I was able to browse the internet at ease There were no Network; - Powerline Unidentified No Network Adapters Access problems at all However after the new desk was setup - and all Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters wires replaced in their correct slots Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters I find that I am unable to connect to the internet or Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters even the house's network For the past year I have been wired to the router using a RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC It was plugged into an extension cord in my room into the Ethernet port in the back of my computer Downstairs it's twin was situated no less than feet away from the router - plugged into the first port Now when I boot up the computer the network notification presents the following message quot Unidentified Network No network access quot and sometimes presents a yellow next to it So I am reduced to typing on my mother's laptop - which has no problems connecting to the network I am able to use the ipconfig release command but unable to use the renew - it hangs in the command prompt then tells me that the DHCP server cannot be located The IP beforehand was reverted to - before all of this I was I've been attempting all sorts of fixes for the past hours To no avail any help would be greatly appreciated EDIT I'll also mention that the DNS server and IP settings are set to automatic EDIT Windows Network Diagnostics have determined that quot Local Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration

A:Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters

The router itself would present you with a new Local Area IP, thus the prefix of 192.168.0.*, so I can almost guarantee that it's not your computer acting up. Personally, I'm not too sure on why or how it gave your computer the middle-finger, but it seems to be the culprit..

I'd try resetting your router back to Factory Default settings (Unplug its power source for about 5-10 minutes), plugging everything back in, and seeing how it goes from there.

EDIT::

Also, when you get the chance, I'd check to see if there are any available firmware updates for your router... just saying. Hope all is well mate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200400-unidentified-network-no-network-access-powerline-adapters.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a yellow triangle over the network icon - it says no network access - but I have a working network ? Can surf anywhere ? Ideas ? thanks

A:yellow triangle - no network access - but working network ?

Total, could be a corrupted user profile or driver issue

Network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288029-yellow-triangle-no-network-access-but-working-network.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey.
Recently my other computer has stopped being able to access my files on this computer through the network, and stopped having access to the printer. This computer can still access files on the other one, through the network, so im not quite sure what is wrong. Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Relevancy 41.28%

My neighbor came over two days ago after complaining that she could not stole neighbor My to network access network! my key wireless my access the unsecured network in the neighborhood I felt bad for her so I told her she could use my computer to access her school website I noticed that she had written something on her hand not paying attention I let it go She immediately quot had to go put the baby down for a nap quot and about seconds after she was gone my Wii started going in and out of connection and my Dell pc started running really slow So now I am convinced she stole my wireless network key off of the side of my wire gateway modem My network quot was quot secure until she got the network key The above is obviously not important My question is how can I block her computer completely from my network My neighbor stole my wireless network key to access my network! without disabling my wireless access I have gained access to my system summary via gateway wire net I named all of my computer devices including my ipad ipod iphone android phone and pc so her s is the only one I do not recognize When viewing it does not give me the option to click on the unknown pc it only allows me to view the computer devices that have connected to my newtork I have reset my modem and changed what I think is the router password but I want to make sure that her computer has zero access to my network I am a complete novice I do not know much about computers so please bare with me Any information will be greatly appreciated nbsp