Windows Support Forum

I need a PCI (not PCIe) DVI card (either <75w or w/power input)

Q: I need a PCI (not PCIe) DVI card (either <75w or w/power input)

Here's the situation. I have this old mITX computer I built a few years ago that I'd like to hook up to Dad's big-screen TV so he can Skype from his living-room. Problem is, the computer is VGA only and his TV is HDMI only. The MoBo has just one PCI (not PCIe) slot with a maximum output of 75watts.

I tried a PCI video card with HDMI output, but the slot couldn't drive the card. Didn't even detect it.

I believe DVI uses less power (the cards are definitely cheaper), and I could just use a simple DVI-to-HDMI cable. A native HDMI port would be better. As long as it works, I don't care. But w/o an external power input, the card can't draw more than 75watts from the PCI slot.

Anyone know of a card that fits this very specific bill? Thx.

ADDENDUM: PC only has a tiny 300watt PSU.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I need a PCI (not PCIe) DVI card (either <75w or w/power input)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I need a PCI (not PCIe) DVI card (either <75w or w/power input)

Check this one out: Zotac GeForce GT 610
It is a PCI Card (non express) that has DVI / VGA / HDMI. It is also a Low Profile and requires a 300w power supply or higher. It looks like it should work with your situation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-pci-not-pcie-dvi-card-either-75w-or-w-power-input.212458/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello,

I have a DELL Studio XPS machine. I want to install a USB 3.0 4 port PCIE card.

Have any DELL Studio XPS users added an USB 3.0. PCIE card? Where did you find the power for it.

Thanks

Stu

A:Where to obtain power for USB 3.0. PCIE card?

What make and model is the card? Most draw power from the power supply using a 15-pin SATA power cable adapter.

Something like this: Newegg.com - COOLMAX 6&#34; Cable Model SATA POWER ADAPTER - Cables

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189187-where-obtain-power-usb-3-0-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am looking for the best pciE video card under that would be compatible with my under Default Power pciE Card for Best Video Supply? $100 Dell Inspiron preferably without having to buy another power supply like I did my other computer Dell Inspiron because it didn t have anything but Best pciE Video Card under $100 for Default Power Supply? sata cables so there was no way to plug in the pin connector I believe it was from the video card to the power supply The video card I had for the other computer was a nvidia gso mb I am trying to get a video card of equal or greater performance than that video card because that video card played all the games I played on high settings such as Left Dead Call of duty modern warfare call of duty world at war and fallout etc Keeping my current oem power supply isn t too important though however if I can find a video card that will run on this watt power supply that can beat or match the video card listed above for under then all the better nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello!

I have a UAD Quad PCIe card (A card for music making, not a soundcard tho), which my computer can't find.

It has a LED light that indictates that it's getting power from the computer and so on.

System:
Windows 7 32bit Proffesional
Motherboard: Asus M4N68T
CPU: AMD Phenom 3Ghz (4x)
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics: NVidia GeForce 8600 GT

Anything else, just ask!

A:Computer Can't Find A PCIe Device (UAD 2 Quad PCIe Card)

Have you had a good look around in the bios settings? See if it's being seen there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183985-computer-cant-find-pcie-device-uad-2-quad-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I was wondering if half-length PCIe and mini card PCIe are the same thing because I was planning on plugging in an external GPU.  Thank you for helping.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-Half-Length-PCIe-and-Mini-Card-PCIe-the-Same-Thing/td-p/5690672
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I currently have Motherboard Asus P5B-Plus Vista edition which has
1 x PCI-E x16, 3 x PCI-E x1, 3 x PCI 2.2

I plan to build a data server with this motherboard and buy Promise Supertrak EX8350 which is PCI-E x4 Raid controller card.

My question is. Instead of buying a new motherboard that has PCI-E x4 slot.
Can I just install the PCI-E x4 Raid controller card into PCI-E x16 slot which is normally for video card? And Just buy a cheap regular PCI video card for PCI 2.2 slot?

Hopefully someone could help me with this and I thank you in advance.
NYSaint

A:PCIe x4 Raid controller card into PCIe x16 slot

The 4X card has the long edge connector for the socket I assume, then yes. I have a second x16/4 slot that, iirc, they say will work as a 4x slot. That said, do they make a PCIE x1 videocard for the short slot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-x4-raid-controller-card-into-pcie-x16-slot.87198/
Relevancy 65.79%

Important specs for my issue input my HP supply for Need card graphics p6716f upgrading and on power Motherboard N-Alvorix-RS -uATX Alvorix video card Integrated graphics using ATI Radeon Power Supply Internal W - V Expansion Slots PCI Express x slot for graphics card Product number to look up anything else BV AA I got my HP Pavilion p f pretty cheap and I m starting to understand why now I m trying to upgrade the hardware specifically the video card and after googling Need input on upgrading graphics card and power supply for my HP p6716f the crap out of video cards I ve realized I ll need to upgrade my power supply too My question is how can I be sure what power supply will work in my pc and what wattage would be recommended I ve tried my best to figure this out on my own but I ve hit a wall I don t know if this makes any sense but because the motherboard and processor are AMD I was thinking of sticking with an AMD video card probably in the series problem is I dont know if it ll fit in the PCI Express x slot take a look by looking up the product number on hp id post the web page but this website won t let me So there s my first problem Second if I can even get the video card installed I ll need a new power supply and I have no idea what specifications matter for installing power supplies While writing this I foudd this on newegg VisionTek Radeon HD GB DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Video Card Would this solve all my problems If so I have this feeling this specific video card will be pretty loud Let me know please nbsp

A:Need input on upgrading graphics card and power supply for my HP p6716f

Link to specs here.

Motherboard picture:

Looks like any PCI express 16x GPU will fit fine, as long as you don't mind losing one of the PCI Express 1x slots for double width GPUs.

It has an ATX power supply, so that should cover pretty much anything you replace it with, but deeper power supplies might be hit and miss and you'd need to measure whether they would fit. ATX format power supplies are made to industry standard dimensions in terms of height and width, but different ATX power supplies do differ in depth. So an ATX should fit, but ultimately it depends on how much space you have between the back of the case and the back of the DVD drives for clearance.

The power supply you choose is dependant on the GPU you choose. If you could let us know the following, we could help you select the best option for you:

1. Your total budget, for a power supply and graphics card.
2. The intended usage of the computer -- if its gaming, what sort of games?
3. What resolution and detail do you wish to play these games at. The max resolution is dictated by the max resolution of your display, but it is an important factor to consider.
4. If you have preferred shops, list them. Newegg is fine if you like to shop there though.
5. How many fans does that case have, and where are they located -- upgrading to a higher end GPU introduces heat into the case in most cases, so cooling must be considered.
6. What processor is fitted in your computer? That model number has multiple CPU options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-input-on-upgrading-graphics-card-and-power-supply-for-my-hp-p6716f.176674/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all

I have H61M-ITX board with 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot (blue @ x16 mode)
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61M-ITX/

I wan to install there PCI Express x 4 card:
http://dektec.com/Products/PCIe/DTA-2144/index.asp

I made clean Win XP SP3 install + all MB drivers on top. After I inserted pcie x4 card and boot up. Win XP didn't detect the card (though leds on card are blinking from periodically)

I then tied LAN adapter I have to check if all is fine with MB. I took this one:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=235&model=TG-3468

same behaviour - system doesn't see it but if I plug eth cable then leds on lan card blink.

please tell me what is wrong I do? I checked bios for anything related to PCIe and found nothing.

A:PCIe x4 card doesn't run in PCIe x16 slot

Have you tried updating your Intel chipset drivers? They can be found at Intel.com in the download center. They would have updates for the PCIe drivers and other assorted H61 chipset features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-x4-card-doesnt-run-in-pcie-x16-slot.189103/
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm strongly considering a P X WS MOBO for the - PCIe lanes it has available depending on who you are talking to I want to run a GPU an LSI Internal SATA SAS - i Gb s PCI-Express PCIe Card 2.0? PCIe 3.0 Graphics Running on RAID Controller Card a couple of TV tuners and a WiFi card Because of space constraints in the case the graphics card has to be kept down to a certain length to keep it from getting into the HDDs please don't suggest a larger case I just don't have room for it not to Running PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card on PCIe 2.0? mention I'm a handicapped senior citizenn and need to keep weight down as much as possible The card at the top of my list is a MSI R Twin Frozr GD OC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Even though the MOBO's PCIe x slots are rated for PCIe the most I Running PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card on PCIe 2.0? can get Running PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card on PCIe 2.0? on it is PCIe because the only CPUs available for the LDA socket on it the Sandy Bridge E CPUs will support only PCIe An Ivy Bridge E for the socket won't be available until later this year assuming Intel doesn't change their minds This PC will be used for office applications basic photo editing data storage my books music movies ripped from DVDs and BDs and personal reords web surfing listening to music and watching movies no gaming I'm too old and slow Although I'll initially just be running a single quot monitor x x and a quot TV I eventually want to replace the monitor with three quot monitors x Would this graphics card be able to handle that load without too much of a performance loss even though it is running on on PCIe x

A:Running PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card on PCIe 2.0?

PCIe 3.0 is still irrelevant at this point, there is simply no current card that can effectively make use of the full bandwidth of 2.0 let alone 3.0. It is overrated and offers no real life performance advantage over 2.0. Running any PCIe 3.0 card in a PCIe 2.0 slot will not affect performance, the benefits of PCIe3.0 are only visible while running intensive applications with a multi-GPU setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/279645-running-pcie-3-0-graphics-card-pcie-2-0-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am planning to upgrade my video card. I saw this one from Nvidia. Geforce GTS 450. I checked the specs and i saw the "bus" and it says PCI-E 2.0 x 16. My motherboard(Asus P5G41T-MLX3) has PCIe x16. I also have researched that the PCIE is backward compatible meaning the GTS 450 is compatible with my mobo. Now, my question is, will my mobo which has pcie 1.1 only be a bottleneck for GTS 450? if so, what video will you recommend so i can play new games like need for speed shift 2 unleashed?

A:pcie 2.0 video card on pcie 1.1 slot

I don't think different versions would bottleneck that much that you could notice.. What are your system specs and what resolution are you willing to play it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/194921-pcie-2-0-video-card-pcie-1-1-slot.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello guys, i'm having a bit of trouble with my Sound Blaster Xfi Fatal1ty titanium, the issue is as follows:

There's a huge heat sink that prevents the card fitting properly into the single pcie x1 slot on my board, so what i rly would like to know is if it is possible to have it working on a pcie x4, risk free ofc. I've done a few searches on this forum and i've read it is possible but i rly want to be sure before doing anything. Another doubt i have is if i need to make any changes on my bios cuz i'm not sure if pcie x1 and pcie x4 slots work on the same power specs.

Thx to all in advance

A:Pcie x1 sound card in Pcie x4 slot?

If the card performs in a PCIe x4 slot, it should be ok... I don't think you will damage anything

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-x1-sound-card-in-pcie-x4-slot.131687/
Relevancy 62.35%

Here is something I recently found out I have tired this and it works You can use a PCIe x card or a PCIe x card in a PCIe x slot They work fine So if you think you are short of PCI-e slots you may not be A shorter PCIe card works fine in a longer slot On PCIe X X and X slots the first pins are card x1 Using PCIe slot x16 in a PCIe a all wired the same so as long Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot as the PCI-Express card fits in the PCI-Express slot it should work This is not the case for the legacy PCI -bit non-express slots that are not PCI-Express Those are not compatable with PCIe cards Picture of assorted PCIe and PCI slots The top four slots in the picture above are from the top to bottom PCIe x slot PCIe x slot PCIe x slot and another PCIe x slot A PCIe card that can physically fit in any of these slots will work even if it doesn't fill the entire slot The bottom th slot is a PCI legacy -bit slot PCIe express cards will not work in this slot It only accepts legacy PCI cards Here is the PCI-Express page on Wikipedia showing pinouts etc PCI Express - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia YouTube Video showing PCIe X card in a PCIe X slot x x pci Cards Fit Into x pci-e Slot - YouTube Here are links to discussions on this subject at Tom's Hardware quot Can I install a PCI-e x Wireless network card in a PCI-e x slot quot http www tomshardware com answers -x -slot html http www tomshardware com forum - -card-slot http www tomshardware com answers -x -slot html

A:Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot

It's been like that since the beginning of PCIex !!!

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/21559-using-pcie-x1-card-pcie-x16-slot.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi All First time making a new thread here so im sorry if i do something wrong OK i built this rig two years ago here some of the specs CPU AMD ghz Motherboard Asus M n deluxe WiFi Ram gb PCIe or PCIe a video new 2 1.0 and card mhz ddr Video card XFX xt i know had to make do so as you can see i need a new video card I play games like cod PCIe 1.0 or PCIe 2 and a new video card left dead Crysis warhead and GTA IV and i like these game in the highest video settings i can have I play at a res of x The GPU i would go for is a gtx or a GTX Core So the problem im facing is would my motherboard having PCIe slow the card down gtx GTX Core or and work If it would slow down the card i would upgrade the motherboard could you tell me a model Thanks Offbow BTW im not a very good speller so im sorry for that nbsp PCIe 1.0 or PCIe 2 and a new video card

Relevancy 60.2%

HI,

Has any one modified a Power Suply to Take 12 volt DC Input?

I would very much like to hear from you, or any one you may of heard of that has done this.

I wanted to Put a desktop case etc. in my car and use it to listen to music...

Thanks to anyone who replies...

A:DC Input Power Supply (12 volt input)

A standard Computer PSU rectifies the incoming mains (120 or 240 volt) and the "chops" it in a switchmode type power conversion.

Therefore as it starts with a high DC voltage (120 or 240 V AC rectified to DC) there is no easy conversion to make it use 12 V instead. Without a complete rebuild and redesign of the PSU.

By far the cheapest and easiest way is to use an off-the-shelf 12 V inverter that converts 12V to 120 or 240 V AC, and then you dont need to bother rebuilding the power supply from scratch.

Has the advantage of easily sourced power supply units for the PC. You would likely get away with a small 200 Watt unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dc-input-power-supply-12-volt-input.215603/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have an HP Pavilion A uk computer with an HP w v monitor The OS is Windows Vista I ve No - - Graphics Signal Input New VGA Card? Input been getting the message quot VGA Input - No Input Signal quot and the monitor appears to be in sleep mode permanently I ve checked all the connections cables etc and I have also connected the monitor to an VGA Input - No Input Signal - New Graphics Card? old computer VGA Input - No Input Signal - New Graphics Card? where it worked fine I m guessing I need a new graphics card but don t know how to go about changing it I have opened up the box and cleaned it all out but am not sure what to do now Could I take out the graphics card from the old computer and put it in the new one The old computer is a Dell Dimension Windows XP Or would it be an option to swap hard drives I urgently need to access my work but the old computer got a virus and doesn t work properly I don t know the first thing about hardware really so wondered what any of you would recommend I do Just buy a new graphics card and replace the old one - in which case what would I buy Put the graphics card from the old machine into the new one How do I do this and does anyone have any diagrams Swap the hard drives so that I use the old box with the new monitor this is probably a stupid idea but who knows Please help nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello. I build this computer a year ago and upgraded slightly each time I had the chance. I upgraded to WINDOWS 10 and worked find for a while until my os corrupted and I then installed WINDOWS 7. I lost all my drivers but luckely i had the cds. But as I went to get my wifi card cd I couldnt find it. I tried looing everywhere but I couldnt find it. So i got my brothers laptop and googled my drivers but couldnt find them. Please help.

*Extra info*
On device manager i get the following values for the hardware ids
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&SUBSYS_53921814&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&SUBSYS_53921814
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5392&CC_0280

On multiple programs the device decription says "802.11n Wiresless LAN card"
Manufacture: Ralink Technology,Corp"
Please help asap. Can give more info if needed

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/394823-pcie-wifi-card-drivers-lost-windows-does-not-reconise-card.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Yesterday my laptop suddenly refuse to get power from AC source. Following the instructions on the web, I first assumed AC adapter faillure.But the adapter works well.The tiny LED next to the power inlet went off, although Windows catches the AC adapter driver and seems working.The last job I did before the problem was updating the BIOS, which is instructed by HP Support program.  I bring it to the service center, but they refused to take it since it's not a Korean-sold model (I bought it from the other country).Quite annoying because they did not take any questions at all, just repeating 'we don't accept that, go away'. Can anybody give me a solution?The battery is only half-filled, and after it dries I think it would be turned into a piece of brick.I really need a help. Thankyou in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-AC-power-failure-no-power-input-from-the/td-p/5848054
Relevancy 55.47%

im using the hp g1 280 mT it has a power supply of 180w. My question is what is the power draw from the graphics card slot and if it is a pcie2.0 or pcie 3.0. im asking this because i have  a 1050ti and it uses only 75watts and nothing more to be more specific it uses 74.5w max i havent yet put it in. im just wondering if it will work with my  pc.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pcie-x16-power-slot/td-p/5846149
Relevancy 55.47%

im using the hp g1 280 mT it has a power supply of 180w. My question is what is the power draw from the graphics card slot and if it is a pcie2.0 or pcie 3.0. im asking this because i have  a 1050ti and it uses only 75watts and nothing more to be more specific it uses 74.5w max i havent yet put it in. im just wondering if it will work with my  pc.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pcie-x16-power-slot/td-p/5846149
Relevancy 55.47%

does anyone know if there is an optimum power setting for the pcie 2.0 slots? I have 3x HD 4830 (i found out are really 4850's) but i think the max power draw is the same on both, anyway my pcie slots are defaulted to provide 25w and the rest comes via the 6 pin power connector. is there a optimum setting for the power provided from the pcie bus? or does it not make a difference? ** the pcie slots can be set from 0w - 255w**.

Thanks

A:PCIe power draw

The PCI-E slots provide 75W each and not 25W, assuming we are talking about PCI-E 2.0 slots here. So an x8 PCI-E 2.0 slot is equivalent to a PCI-E 1.1 x16 slot, and thus has the same electrical characteristics. The maximum power draw for a 2.0 x16 slot is 150W.

And no, there is no optimum setting AFAIK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-power-draw.128767/
Relevancy 55.47%

i need advice about gaming rigs...

im spec'ing up for my friend...

Core-i7 + ASUS P6T + 6Gb

if I wanted to put 2 x HD 4890's in Crossfire and 2 x 1Tb SATA drives in RAID 0 Array using a PCIe RAID card..

A) what sort of Wattage PSU or type of PSU would you recommend?
B) how many PCIe power leads would I need for 2 x HD 4890 in crossfire?

as you can see ive not built a gaming rig before...

thanks

Relevancy 54.61%

What are your thoughts on this little thingamahjig?

Quote:
Before officially launching its Intel 6 Series chipset-based motherboards, EVGA has decided to introduce the Power Boost, a little internal adapter that will provide more watts to your PCI-Express bus and thus improve overall system stability.

more at source

A:EVGA adapter provides more power to your PCIe bus

I'm not sure. I had thought that was what the power connectors on the PCI-E devices (ex: graphics card) were for.

I can also see someone possibly frying their motherboard if this adapter was connected incorrectly in the PCI-E slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/132554-evga-adapter-provides-more-power-your-pcie-bus.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer s main power supply is an average watt unit Sending OEM Dell Z Across PCIe Bus the Titan Power which is sadly not enough to power both my computer and the video cards that are in it as a Titan X Nvidia Reference design and Titan Z Dell OEM card pulled from Area- R draw about half of that under Dell OEM Titan Z Sending Power Across the PCIe Bus load on their own This is why I use an external v server PSU to provide the top power to the GPU s in my PC The external PSU usually works great and has never had issues with providing the Titan X power The external PSU has a Gigampz adapter on it to convert it into PCI power connectors for use with GPU s and such I have a relay attached to the volt power pin coming from a Molex drive power cable which allows the relay to switch off when the PC s main power supply is turned off also turning off the v external PSU attached to the system The rather frightening issue is however that when powering the Titan Z the external power supply does not switch off anymore and neither do the fans or LED s on the card This leads me to believe that somehow the Titan Z has a botched power delivery system that is feeding either volts or volts through the PCIe slot back into the system which is an issue for obvious reasons endangering my motherboard and the GPU itself among other things When the PC s main power supply cuts the relay controlling the external PSU does not loose power meaning that even though the system s internal power supply is off there is still somehow power available on the v MOLEX rail When the Titan Z is not in the system this relay functions as expected and turns off the PSU it controls just fine meaning that the computer s internal power supply likely is not the faulty piece of hardware here So my question is does the Dell supplied Titan Z just have issues with power delivery somehow I find that unlikely and if so what am I supposed to do with this dangerous and therefor unusable card In the case that someone from Dell does choose to reply no I was not looking for information on the dangers of using a secondary power supply as if used correctly they are nil and this system has served me well without hiccups for years I am looking for information on the Titan Z s power delivery system namely how a GPU could be allowed to do something so utterly stupid as to send any type of voltage back through the PCIe bus

A:Dell OEM Titan Z Sending Power Across the PCIe Bus

Secondary 3rd party power supply is not produced or supported by dell nor is it UL / CSA / VDE safety certified.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987795
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
I want to add USB 3.0 to my motherboard, but I encountered 2 types : one which is a pcie card that provides USB 3.0 output to the rear,for example this one : 2 Port USB 3 0 PCI Express PCIe Adapter Controller Card Low Profile | eBay
And one is, a front panel USB 3.0 output (with some card readers) , but instead of card connected to the PCIE slot, there is a small PCIE connection,for example this one :DC 4 Pin USB 2 0 9 Pin 3 5" Front Panel PCI E to USB 3 0 4 Port Hub Card Reader | eBay

And I was wondering if the front panel will work without having a dedicated usb 3.0 card like the first link.
I am wondering about that because , the dedicated rear PCIE card seems much larger and with many more components than the small PCIE connector of the front panel one ( I hope you get what I'm trying to ask )

A:USB 3.0 PCIE card

Yes the bottom front panel unit will power off the PSU and grab it's USB 3.0 off the PCIE slot and then the USB 2.0 off a free mobo USB 2.0 header.

The first is only (2) USB 3.0 to the rear and the internal connector again is for power from the PSU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297208-usb-3-0-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Im going to bite the bullet and get a real gfx card... I have to get a pci-express card and it has to be able to run aero ... and be under $75.00 ... any recommendations??

A:PCIE card

Here is my suggestion . Free Game too Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100254HDMI Radeon HD 4650 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards If you like ATI/ Nvidia http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500130

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/53636-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I just purchased a Dell Inspiron 570 which has integrated ATI 4200 Graphics and does have one PCIe 16x expansion slot. I emailed Dell Support to find out what "flavor" this slot is, ie. will it take a 2.0 and/or 2.1 PCIe card. The response was that it is GEN2 and will accept a 2.0 card..........did NOT mention 2.1 though. Most of the cards that I am looking at are 2.1 cards..........does someone here know IF I would be asking for problems buying a 2.1 PCIe card to install in that slot that Dell tells me will accept 2.0???

Thanks michael

A:Can I use a PCIe 2.1 card?

The cards are backward compatible to the older spec.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-a-pcie-2-1-card.150917/
Relevancy 53.32%

Plan to order from newegg, can you guys help me pick one out.
thanks.

This is my MB btw
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135239

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-the-best-pcie-usb-3-0-card.162117/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an Asus AH3650 graphics card and I am trying to work out if it is AGP or PCIe, I am pretty confused, here is a link to an image

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/571/dsc2489w.jpg

Can anyone advise ?

Cheers

Lentil

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I m having to build a new system after my current motherboard fried and I need help in the video area I currently have a Gainward GeForce Ti AGP x card with MB and I have been very happy with it for all the games that I play Because I m replacing my motherboard with a socket AMD Athlon CPU I need card - now PCIe Need AGP card to have compares that I HELP! to find a PCIe graphics card that will have comparable gaming performance as my current though very old AGP card I would rather not spend more money Need PCIe card that compares to AGP card I have now - HELP! than necessary but I need to get a card that performs at least as well as my old one so that my kids can keep playing the games they are already used to If anyone can help I would really appreciate it I ve been out of the loop so to speak for too long and need some experienced advice Also if anyone can offer QUICK advice I d really appreciate it I need to order the parts ASAP so I can rebuild the system before they come back home Many thanks Jack nbsp

A:Need PCIe card that compares to AGP card I have now - HELP!

use this chart , this will be the easiest way for you to find a comparible card. if you're interested in an ATI card, then use this chart

it will be very easy to find a suitable replacement for that card. video cards have advanced so fast over the last couple years that it will be hard to find a card with specs as low as the TI200.

good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-pcie-card-that-compares-to-agp-card-i-have-now-help.52911/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a system that I just built with Win 7 64bit Ultimate. A Biostar A85w with Realtek PCIe GBe family network card. I am trying to get WOL to work and can get it to work if the settings in Power Management is all checked on.

Allow the Computer to turn of the device to save power
Allow this device to wake the computer
Only allow the magic packet to wake the computer

If I just sleep the computer the settings are remembered. If I restart the computer all of those settings become unchecked and I am unable to WOL.

I have updated Realtek 8111 drivers and nothing helps.

I have tried to change advanced settings such as enabling and disabling SHUT DOWN WOL but it never remembers the setting after a reboot.

How can I get these settings to stick after a power off or restart?

Thanks for any suggestions.

A:WOL Power Management settings wont stick on Realtek PCIe GBE!

i have the same issue, did you find any solution?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296882-wol-power-management-settings-wont-stick-realtek-pcie-gbe.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey i just received a PCIE card from a friend Its a Nivida Series card IM sure its a PCIE card but it should still be computable with a regular PCIE slot My problem is that the computer dose not see the card But my card dose receive power because the fan runs at a steady pace I am running windows vista i know face palm right Quad core possessor I checked my bios PCIE working card not and there was an option under video to change what slot it looks in for the video adapter the options are Auto PCIE card not working Integrated PCIE or PCI Its set on Auto I was going to change it to PCIE but out of fear of never being able to switch it back i decided that would be my last resort Besides it should at PCIE card not working least bring the card up in my device manager right but it shows nothing Another thing that may be causing this Is an unrecognized PCI slot on my motherboard or so i think that s what it is the unknown device reads quot PCI simple Communications controller quot Any ideas on that BTW i tried the PCIE card not working card in my mothers computer who also had a PCIE slot and it did the same thing Ive already tried disabling integrated graphics and it did int even acknowledge the card Id like to give more specs on the card but i have no idea seeing as how i bought it from a co-worker without a cd besides how hard could finding drivers for it be anyway So please help Im in desperate need of this card to work my fear is that it is damaged in some way But lets not assume the worst thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcie-card-not-working.910413/
Relevancy 52.89%

Looking for a Pcie x4 Sata 3 with usb 3.0 card.
I want to add Sata 3 support to add a ssd. Also I want to add usb 3.0 support. I want to stay below $100. Any ideas?

A:Looking for a Pcie x4 Sata 3 with usb 3.0 card

I don't recall seing a card that will do both. You may try looking for 2 cards. I'm pretty sute you can find an X1 USB 3.0, then look for a sata3 card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/174490-looking-pcie-x4-sata-3-usb-3-0-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a dell sc 440 server with a PCIe x8, PCIe x4, PCIe x1, and PCI slot but NO PCIe x16 slot.
Some say PCIe x8, and PCIe x4 are only for RAID and SCSI drives and will not even recognize a video card. I just need a card that is capable of 3D graphics, HD resolution and Direct X 9.0. Does one exist that will fit in any of these slots? I have searched and am totally confused what the truth is here.

A:Is there a PCIe x8 video card?

I know of someone that actually cut the PCB of a graphics card from x16 down to x1. They did this because they only had a x1 card slot and needed the cards processing capability without needing a lot of bandwidth.

PCIe x16 has pinouts to sense the presence of x1, x4, x8 and x16 functionality.
PCIe x8 has pinouts to sense the presence of x1, x4, and x8 functionality.
PCIe x4 has pinouts to sense the presence of x1, and x4, functionality.
Do you see a pattern? Basically if the card fits the slot, it should work. Some slots are even open on the end allowing for x16 cards to fit in lower bandwidth slots. Some slots are even long enough for x16 cards but only pinned for x8 functionality.

When connecting in Crossfire and SLI, some motherboards will drop the graphics cards from x16 functionality down to x8 functionality.

After looking at these thoughts; I see no reason why you couldn't get any graphics card to work, if you are willing to do a little modification.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-pcie-x8-video-card.180790/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all,

I just acquired what seems to be a really old PCIe ATI card that I can't seem to install correctly. I went to the ATI support site and the drivers for the card just don't seem to work. Is there a specific order to follow when installing a GPU -- sorry, its been a while.

It doesn't go into a PCI slot but its the bigger one, looks like a big ole' AGP card but it has a sticker right on the card that says PCIe.

I can only find the drivers for a Radeon HD2600XT and I'm not sure if those are the correct drivers or not. When I first installed it everything went well and it installed correctly but the XP hardware wizard wasn't satisfied. So it doesn't fully install -- note, I do not have the original discs -- but just need the most up to date drivers.

Any help is appreciated. Happy holidays

A:ATI 2600XT PCIe card

there isn't a sticker on the bottom? there should be one with a string of numbers and the card model should be buried in that

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/262708-ati-2600xt-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Am searching for such an USB expansion card but I can't seem to find any with a 9-Pin USB header connector, do such cards exist?
Could somebody point me to such if they do exist?

A:USB 3.0 PCIe card with 9-Pin USB header

USB 3.0+eSATA/USB 2.0+9 Pin to PCI-e express 1X adapter | eBay

Originally from here:

http://www.pc-adapter.net/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/190550-usb-3-0-pcie-card-9-pin-usb-header.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I got a new USB 3.0 4-port card in the mail today. I installed the card and Windows could not find the driver for it. It came with a CD which has drivers for every product they make so I don't know which one to install. Of course there were no instructions and it came from, right China and I don't see a product brand on the box. I contacted the shipper but don't hold out much hope for a reply. I am about to write this off as a loss. Anyone have any ideas on where I might find a driver?
Thanks,

A:Driver for USB 3.0 PCIe Card

Here is a process to identify your card using the Ven and Dev numbers.

How To Find Unknown Device Drivers By Their Vendor & Device ID

Going out to eat and will return later.

Hope this helps.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/337753-driver-usb-3-0-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there - I installed a new Etron 4-port USB3 PCIE card today, and to my surprise it seems not to want to transfer files between two USB3 drives. Is that normal?

(I am going through my PC, which is still relatively fast, but a PITA! )

Thanks.

A:USB3 to USB 3 on a PCIE card

did you install drivers for it?

Also, did you connect the molex power connector? It needs more power than what PCIe can give to keep alive more than one USB3 device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271073-usb3-usb-3-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Well, just messin around on my comp i like to check the temp of my vcard periodically, but something was wrong. I notice that my sli geforce 7800's bus says x8.

Is this because its SLi? or is it because of some other thing i need to configure?

Both my board and cards are x16, i just checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pcie-x16-card-bus-only-reads-x8.467598/
Relevancy 52.89%

My friend recently bought a ATI Radeon HD 3650, he asked me to put it in his PC for him and i said ok. Opened it up and the only slot he has is Regular PCI and its a PCIe card. Is there anyway to make this work? Unfourtnatley he got the card at Circuit City for a deal, going out of buisness sale. Means no returns. Anything at all we can do or is it a waste?

A:PCIe Graphics Card

No, there's no way to make it work. Two different slots. Two different technologies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcie-graphics-card.813321/
Relevancy 52.89%

I got a wireless adapter for my desktop computer thats PCIe x1. My computer was ordered barebones online so the case and motherboard are not the same make. I think the back slot on the back of my case does not line up well with my PCIe x1 connector on the motherboard.

When I put the card in the bracket does not line up with the screw holes.
If I push card bracket to fit in the holes it looks like it might bend it.
How should I get it to fit?

A:Cant install PCIe card.

If you slightly loosen the mounting screws for the back plate of the card you might be able to wiggle it over enough to make it fit. I've seen a lot of cards which didn't want to fit perfectly into certain cases. In some instances I have gone ahead and bent the bracket slightly to make it fit. The key thing here is that it is more important to get good contact with the slot - the back plate is not nearly as big a deal, particularly since you have a wireless adapter and won't actually be plugging anything into it.

See if you have screws at the place marked with the red arrows. Loosen them enough to slide the mounting bracket, then tighten them back down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/214617-cant-install-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hiya I have a sata 1 motherboard on a windows 7 system Im trying to fit a pci e sata II card the question is do I need to install drivers first.ive gave it a try and the pc wont boot when i connect a ssd boot drive to the card, I thought it would just plug and play
regards..............

A:pcie sata II card

Before connecting a drive to the card, install the drivers from the disc or the manufacturer's website. If you just installed the card and then hooked up a drive to the card, more than likely, Windows will not be able to see the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/116406-pcie-sata-ii-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMG

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162022

I bought it from best buy 84 bucks. About to install soon, feedback later.

A:Just bought my first ever PCIE card

ouch.... nice card though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-my-first-ever-pcie-card.134853/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am buying my new rig next month this one http www bestbuy com site olspage amp ci sku tabbed-specifications http www bestbuy com site olspage amp ref amp loc amp ci src amp ci sku I am not on a budget however for my first pcie card i only want to spend under So i have some cards in mind dollars card under PCIE 100 and what do you guys think is the better PCIE card under 100 dollars buy Note I do not shop online anymore i only shop at retail stores offline VisionTek - ATI RADEON HD MB PCIE card under 100 dollars DDR PCI Express http www bestbuy com site olspage jsp skuId amp type product amp id GeForce GS MB DDR i think this version is the one with gb and http www bestbuy com site olspage jsp skuId amp type product amp id HD OC GB http www bestbuy com site olspage jsp skuId amp type product amp id I may come across other cheap pcie cards at other stores because i am going to drive around town a bit to different retail stores but those cards above are my choices which i like and may end up buying one The new card seems pretty good i seen someone on youtube running crysis on it at all high settings Now my question is this When it says this on the best buy page for the computer i am buying nbsp

A:PCIE card under 100 dollars

ummm general, the 4350 is a 64 bit memory interface, 40 SpU's, slow DDR2 card....aint nobody running crysis at high on this card, i dont care what you saw on youtube. not gonna happen. Geeeez

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-card-under-100-dollars.122110/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all I searched but did not find any threads on a USB card So if I missed one just hit me over the head okay Now for the question I see lots of back panel USB cards for PCIe slots PCIe USB in x16 card slot? 3.0 But can you plug that card into USB 3.0 PCIe card in x16 slot? a PCI-Ex slot AND have it work Or will they only work on a PCI-Ex slot Reason being I am looking at buying an MSI FXA-GD MoBo I want to use the second card slot X for my video card the fifth card slot PCI for my TV tuner card and the bottom seventh card slot X for the USB card Since this MoBo only has two rear panel USB connectors I am wanting to add a few more This arrangement will leave lots of room for air flow between cards If I put the video card at the bottom slot it will be right on top of my PSU and I don't want that Also any recommendations on which USB card to get The more ports the better Thanks USB 3.0 PCIe card in x16 slot? Bruce

A:USB 3.0 PCIe card in x16 slot?

Hi there LindenBruce

Yes, you can.
It will not occupy all lanes, but it will function PROPERLY.
That was a very common question when PCI-e was first introduced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350139-usb-3-0-pcie-card-x16-slot.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My computer indicates that 1.5V is going to PCIe which I connected to 8800 GT. The program allows me to change the voltage. Does the graphics card draw its own required energy? Should I just leave the voltage alone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcie-voltage-to-graphics-card.714827/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys and girls,

I need help. My brother's begging for XNA Creators Club Online. Hardware requirements are a graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 1.1. I need a new graphics card as my graphics cards sucks (GeForce4 MX 4000) and so does my graphics card knowledge. But I wanna change that. I have a few questions I hope someone could help answer, thanks:

1. My motherboard can plug both PCI or AGP. Could someone tell me which is superior?

2. Could anyone recommend some low end graphics card that would meet the above requirements please? My budget range is &#8356;20 to &#8356;50. MY pc spec: 1.8GHz process, with 750 RAM.

Any gems shared would be appreciated! Thanks alot techies.

Relevancy 52.03%

I am looking for a radio tuner card that is windows 7 compatable that can tune or record AM radio bandwidth also if it can detect other bandwidth that would be an added bonus

A:Does anyone know of a PCI ,PCIe card (or USB) That is a AM Radio Tuner

AudioScience - ASI8914

Cute USB Stick Receives, Records Radio | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/198834-does-anyone-know-pci-pcie-card-usb-am-radio-tuner.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My wife has a Presario HP PC which we added an Nvidia GT card into a few years back It has worked fine until a week or so ago My wife told me when I got home that her PC wasn t working so I tried to boot it up There was no signal getting to the question video card PCIe monitor This PC is about years old This is what I checked I used a different monitor Same problem I plugged the monitor cable into the onboard connection Still nothing I wised up PCIe video card question and removed the from the PCIe then plugged the cable into the onboard slot We got video display then Because of the age of the PC I checked for leakage or bulging capacitors Nothing visible I plugged the into my PC and it worked fine We bought another video card to try It didn t work but the minimum specs for the card were below what her PC has Here PC has a Sempron processor and it required a higher Athlon Here is what the PC does did When it first starts up the fan s seem to quot roar quot for a couple of seconds but settles down to normal This is what this PC has done since coming out of PCIe video card question the box and I consider it normal Over the past few months it has been a bit noisier from time to time When it was louder I pulled it out to see where the noise was coming from I determined it was coming from the power supply but it did not do it all the time The PS is CoolerMaster w With the out there has been no more noise from it since When the quot no PCIe video card question signal quot problem was happening with the and the new card the quot roar quot was constant until I did a hard shut down I haven t heard of a PCIe slot going bad per se I tried to look to see is port was somehow disabled but without the card installed it didn t show up Does anyone have any ideas I have a bit more than basic knowledge of PCs but nothing compared to those of you on here We plan to replace the tower in a couple of months but my wife is Jonesing for her Sims games nbsp

A:PCIe video card question

Your description of the problem is indicitive of a power supply that is no longer providing sufficient voltage for the application. Over a period of time the output from a power supply diminishes. You most likely need a new power supply for the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcie-video-card-question.1029432/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have been noticing some DPC latency spikes that cause my sound make popping sounds. I believe I have narrowed it down to my wireless card being the culprit. Instead of disabling it, I would like to update the driver, but I cant find any driver download from the manufacturer, or dell, or a seemingly safe download sites for it. I use DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIe Card and my current driver version is 8.0.0.239. I'm using windows 7 64bit.

A:Need driver help for WLAN PCIe Card

What is the complete model number of your Dell PC? You should get your drivers directly from Dell.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/341063-need-driver-help-wlan-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I noticed that there were some Threads about SkyStar but I was not able to understand completely what the discussion was about I have had in my possession for many years this PCIe card and s w In order to keep MS happy I tried WinX WinX made some changes to my HDD so I no longer had access to XP After several months of using with PCIe card for SkyStar TE2 HD2 Driver WinX I decided that it more trouble than it was worth so I installed Win bit on my desktop and now I'm trying to get SkyStar HD along with the TE PCIe card working again so I can watch TV I have installed the latest Software from TechniSat on my desktop which was MB big Driver for SkyStar HD2 with TE2 PCIe card I am using a Driver for SkyStar HD2 with TE2 PCIe card Gigabyte MoBo which is rather new It's Model GA- Gaming The installation of the software went rather smoothly and without a hitch What I'm now looking for is a WinX driver for the TE PCIe card Is there such a driver or is Driver for SkyStar HD2 with TE2 PCIe card that to much to hope for

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399741-driver-skystar-hd2-te2-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I need a firewire port for my video camera, and was curious if anyone has a suggestion for an inexpensive solution of an available card and driver that works well on Windows 8.

A:Suggestion for PCIe Firewire card

I try to buy Adaptec cards as they are reliable and usually work with any OS.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/17186-suggestion-pcie-firewire-card.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello! I recently bought two HP thunderbolt 2 PCIe Cards for my workstation (not an HP) and it seems either they were not correctly installed or I still need to download some kind of drivers or Bios. I would really apreciate any comment on how to get them working. My workstation is a Supermicro  Superserver 7048GR-TR and I used the only 2 free slots (10 and 11) to install the cards. I Have the instructive to install them in an HP Z820,Z620,Z420,OR Z230 which are similar HP models to my Supermicro Workstation, and the card comes with a set of different cables to adapt  depending on which Z model you have. The problem here is that in my workstation I have to leave that port of the card unconnected since there is no equivalent port in the mother board to connect it to. Any thoughts?Cheers!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/thunderbolt-2-PCIe-Card-installation/td-p/5572297
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, New to the forum. I have an HP 450-A24 Slimline and would like to know if it is possible to install a 4 port USB 3.0 PCIe expansion card?  All I have been able to find out is that the expansion port has been used. Is there any way to still add 4 port USB 3.0 PCIe expansion card?   Thanks fror your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Want-to-add-a-4-port-USB-3-0-PCIe-expansion-card-to-an-HP/td-p/5597903
Relevancy 52.03%

I just bought this MSI RX800-TD256E PCIE MSI card? has x16 Who vid Radeon RX -TD E card I put it in a brand new build I m going over all the connections double-checking if everything is right I go to hook up the PCIE power connecter from the PSU The card doesn t have one I even pulled it back out and looked all over it I ve seen different versions of this card all over the Internet so I m not sure which one is the most resent Mine has a huge copper tube extreme heatsink with a fan on the bottom A large red anodized aluminum heat spreader on the top I can t seem to get an answer from MSI they Who has MSI RX800-TD256E PCIE x16 vid card? re useless Who has this card Does yours have the power connecter Did I get a bum card that they forgot to solder on the power connecter Help please before I boot this machine up Tell me I m OK it ll draw the power from the motherboard I have a pin ATX mobo It s most Who has MSI RX800-TD256E PCIE x16 vid card? definately a PCIE card not a AGP My board doesn t even have a AGP slot Specs ABIT Fatal ty AA XE Socket T LGA XE chipset Intel Motherboard XG Vortec W PSU Pentium HT GHz Geil Value Series DDR -PC GB X GB MSI Radeon RX -TD E Video Card GB SATA Hitachi Deskstars NEC DL DVD-R Samsung floppy Zip Swiftech MCX -V extreme duty heatsink w Vantec mm Tornado fan Lian Li PC- case Windows XP Professional SP not installed yet Some Linux OSs to install later SUSE Xandros The only question is the video card and how it gets it s power Then I ll juice it up and install OSs nbsp

A:Who has MSI RX800-TD256E PCIE x16 vid card?

I believe that a PCI-e card does not need a power cord attached to it. It is powered by the PCI-e slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/who-has-msi-rx800-td256e-pcie-x16-vid-card.415730/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys,

I need to install a firewire card on my dads PC. The PC has a PCIe x16 slot, not sure what that means.

Anyhow would one of these cards off ebay work fine??

A08- PCI 1394 Card - 4 & 6 pin Firewire i Link IEEE 1394 PCI Card Windows 7 | eBay

Thanks for any help
X

A:[SOLVED] Which Firewire card for PCIe?

- 1 x 4 Port IEEE 1394 PCI Card
- 1 x IEEE 1394 Data Cable(6pin to 4 pin)
- 1 x CD Driver

If you are in Australia, you'll be looking at something like this -> Computer Alliance Pty Ltd

Both are PCI based cards.

Firewire PCIE gets MUCH more costly -> Computer Alliance Pty Ltd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-which-firewire-card-for-pcie-664895.html
Relevancy 52.03%

what is Realtek PCIE card reader?

A:realtek PCIE card reader

It's exactly what the name implies...a card reader based on a Realtek chip device. It should be physically located on your netbook and usually reads SD and SDHC cards, as well as a few other card formats.

Are you having a problem with it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/193277-realtek-pcie-card-reader.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So I ve run into a little problem that has me stumped I am building a machine for gaming Here s what I have in it Asus M N -SLi Deluxe AMD FX- GHz x Mb Gb total Ultra DDR XL Mhz nVidia GX Gb RAM Silicon Image HDD controller x PCI Express x WD Gb SATA RAID I put that SiI card in because of the nForce SLi MCP s incompatibility with those two HDD Controller and Card Video PCIe HDDs I PCIe Video Card and HDD Controller ve tried everything to make these drives work and it won t even work with only one drive Now everything works fine except for the video card I can install Vista with no problems both the bit and bit versions but when I try running Dmark or CounterStrike or any d program in bit or bit Vista I get small artifacts on the load screen then the video driver crashes Of course Vista is nice and doesn t allow that to crash the entire system and just shuts down the game and reloads the video driver I did use an old school IDE HDD as a temporary fix before I got the controller and successfully ran Dmark and all kinds of games on the same vid card I would hope this HDD controller is not the cause of all the trouble but it wouldn t surprise me if it was rolleyes I have all the new drivers from nVidia for both the chipset and the video card Anyone have any idea what it could be or any tips on what to do I greatly appreciate any help in advance Thanks guys nbsp

A:PCIe Video Card and HDD Controller

read your own post, u said the answere, and stated how u fixed it. the controller is the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-video-card-and-hdd-controller.84783/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I have a 2 year old PC with Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 8I945GZME-RH motherboard, 2.80 gigahertz, Intel Pentium D, 16 kilobyte primary memory cache, 2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache, Bus Clock: 200 Megahertz, Power Supply: P4 ATX Version 1.3 Switching power supply, AC Input: 200-240V/63Hz/5 Amp. I am looking at a budget PCIe graphics card with good performance that will enable Windows 7 to work smoothly and high end graphic games to be played. The current on board graphics is not enough for even the low end games. The 7 and 8 series from NVIDIA are hard to find and the current in the market is the 9 series. Any suggestions here please.

A:PCIe compatible Graphics Card

Quote: Originally Posted by ashutoshmishra

Hi, I have a 2 year old PC with Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 8I945GZME-RH motherboard, 2.80 gigahertz, Intel Pentium D, 16 kilobyte primary memory cache, 2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache, Bus Clock: 200 Megahertz, Power Supply: P4 ATX Version 1.3 Switching power supply, AC Input: 200-240V/63Hz/5 Amp. I am looking at a budget PCIe graphics card with good performance that will enable Windows 7 to work smoothly and high end graphic games to be played. The current on board graphics is not enough for even the low end games. The 7 and 8 series from NVIDIA are hard to find and the current in the market is the 9 series. Any suggestions here please.

If you wanna stick with Nvidia (the way its meant to be played ) My card, the 9400 GT is just what you are looking for, cheap ( i guess thats what you want) awesome, and playing those high-end games. 1gb memory of its own, and a 550 mhz Gpu.
If however, you want to cross over to ATI, they got some awesome cards too, like the 4670 which is also cheap and good (not as good, but good)

Hope this helps!
Coolness
H

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/54687-pcie-compatible-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am questions Video card PCIE for thinking a new video card will do me some good I currently have an on board NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce with MB There is an available PCI Express and I have found no version number so I am assuming version Also in what I found in research my system was built at about the same time as version was released All I can find in the online documentation is Quote This is the PCI Express connector on the motherboard It is used for graphics add-in cards PCI Express offers up to gigabytes per second GB s of peak bandwidth per direction and up to GB s concurrent bandwidth If I get a video card that is PCIE with a version higher than are they backward compatible I tend to use Office and other applications surf the net do some tinkering with video and image editing and watch TV in Media Center WMC currently consumes - of my CPU when I watch TV Netflix or recorded shows but only about recording them if I am not watching anything I get some occasional issues with video playback stuttering and it seems to be related to when the CPU usage spikes so I assume I would benefit from a slightly more powerful video card as it could remove Video card questions for PCIE cycles from the CPU and or not access as much shared memory Based on the above Video card questions for PCIE are there any suggestions for a video card that might help me I need a single width card due to the tuner card being in the next slot any suggestions I don't think I need anything very powerful but more than I have might be beneficial Any comments welcome

A:Video card questions for PCIE

Yes.

Even if you have a PCI-E 1.0 slot, a PCI 2.0 GPU will work in it.
They are indeed backward compatible.

if not a huge gamer:Maybe something like a HD5570, or HD4770 would do well for you. Depending on what you want to spend.
These run around $85 --> $110 and would do great for Video/photo editing and some light gaming even.

Unless you want to stick with Nvidia, but Im unsure off the top of my head what thier equivalent would be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/67005-video-card-questions-pcie.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I m attempting to install this firewire card into a HP Pro Small Form Factor My problem is that the card has what appears to be a -pin connector for additional power and Question PCIe Firewire a card about there doesn Question about a PCIe Firewire card t appear to be cables Question about a PCIe Firewire card in this particular model that would allow me to connect it After a while we ordered a PCI version of the card which failed in spectacular Question about a PCIe Firewire card fashion so now I m back to trying to work out a way to get the PCIe card working again Here are the various models of PC s that I have checked for cables to plug into this card that are in use at my facility I checked all of them out most did not have the needed connections for power Lenovo Thinkcentre M Lenovo Thinkcentre M e HP Pro Small Form Factor HP Compaq dc Small Form Factor HP Compaq dc Small Form Factor ----------------------------------- Is it necessary for it to be connected in order for the card to receive sufficient power Or will the PCIe slot provide enough power to the card I m also considering sending this card back and getting one that uses SATA and the newer black plastic lower profile power connections I ll be testing out the PCIe card tomorrow without the cord to see if it has sufficient power for the unibrain camera that will connect to it --------------------------------------------------------- Edit Most of the towers at my facitlity have power supplies that do not have extra Molex pin to SP connectors nbsp

A:Question about a PCIe Firewire card

Looks like I'm SOL on this one. Please close thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-a-pcie-firewire-card.1096451/
Relevancy 52.03%

As the title sort of states I have a problem whereby my nVidia graphics card is being forced to run x8 running Graphics at PCIe card x1 at a PCIe speed of x even though it's a x card It's a Dell Optiplex Mini Tower specs should be here somewhere The PCIe slot on my PC should be a PCIe slot from what I could find out on the internet I've run various pieces of software including CPU-Z GPU-Z Speccy and AIDA They all report the PCI Express slot as a slot However nVidia Inspector reports the slot as a slot Not sure why On top of that the software not nVidia Inspector all report the card to be running at x though the card is a x I'll attach a Graphics card PCIe x8 running at x1 screenie of GPU-Z and you can see what it says about the PCIe status The PCI Express slot should be as far as I can tell and according to nVidia Inspector But I have no clue as to why all other software seem to say it's only I assume this is why it's running at x and not x as it should be and the slot Graphics card PCIe x8 running at x1 is x The Graphics card PCIe x8 running at x1 BIOS revision on the PC is up to date as well and there are no BIOS options to alter the way the PCI Express works Um any ideas anyone

A:Graphics card PCIe x8 running at x1

Why not use the PCI-E x16 slot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/397852-graphics-card-pcie-x8-running-x1.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I had trouble with a Radeon 9000 PCI card and called Dell support. They said my mobo will only support a PCIE video card expansion and gave me a model number they suggest, the ATI HD347. Unfortunately, I cannot find this product anywhere? Any suggestions for a video card that will finally let me end this nightmare and run dual monitors? My only want is to have this POS running duals ASAP.

Thanks.

A:PCIE card for Dimension 3100?

I looked up the 3100 at the Dell site and your mobo will only support PCI graphics cards. It comes with integrated graphics but your only expansion possibility is with a PCI card. Your mobo has 2 PCI and one PCI-E x1 slots but you need a PCI-E x16 slot to run a PCI-E graphics card.

Check Newegg.com for a selection of PCI graphics cards. There are several listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-card-for-dimension-3100.54695/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok I've look around and don't see this addressed I'm sure I missed it somewhere Here's what I need to know PCIe a Move How SATA to 7 3 to card. Win OS for sure I purchased a PCIe SATA port card its running a Marvel Drivers My spec on in the my spec section I have this card installed and drivers installed in windows I have a clean install windows pro running AHCI mode on a onboard SATA Port I wish to move this OS drive to this new SATA port card Currently I have ports used Port is a blank Liteonit GB SSD Ports amp WD GB Blacks with data and port empty awaiting my Win OS Samsung SSD My Plan is to set up a win pro and win pro dual boot What I need to know is it possible to move my Win SSD to this PCIe card port and would it boot or is there something I can do to make it boot I want this win ssd booting before I set up the win dual boot I am more than nervous about this as installing this card broke my previous Dual boot and broke both my Win install and win install Restoring Images and Repair installs would not make either boot I believe this was due to the fact that I had both How to Move Win 7 OS to a PCIe SATA 3 card. these OS SSD on my onboard Marvell SATA ports I'm assuming the new Marvell drivers conflicted with the older ports I now have these ports disabled How to Move Win 7 OS to a PCIe SATA 3 card. in my BIOS and Win clean installed on an onboard SATA port

A:How to Move Win 7 OS to a PCIe SATA 3 card.

All you should have to do is the following:
1) shut down the PC
2) connect the Win7 SSD to the first SATA port on the PCIe card
3) boot the PC and enter the BIOS settings
4) set the BIOS such that the first SATA port on the PCIe card is at the top of the list of drives
5) save the BIOS settings
6) reboot

When you then reboot, the PC should boot into Win7 on the SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345400-how-move-win-7-os-pcie-sata-3-card.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone,I recently received my new Z640, and I having issues with detecting one PCie card that works perfectly on my "old" desktop PC (ASUS P5Q-E Motherboard). The affected PCIe card is an LSI SAS HBA 1068, where I have attached one LTO4 Tape. The BIOS is not detecting the card on any of the PCIe (it's a PCIe 8x) slots from the new Z640. I've tried to update BIOS/Firmware on the Z640 but it's still not working.Any ideas/suggestions? Do you know if there is any hardware/BIOS limitation for old/legacy cards??Best Regards,Jose Manuel Carballo

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z640-not-detecting-PCIe-SAS-HBA-Card/td-p/5670453
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys i dont know if i am in the wrong section if so please move my post Anyways i Card? Header PCIe 9pin USB 2.0 used PCIe 9pin USB 2.0 Header Card? up all my Motherboard its pin USB Headers and so i need more There are two on my Motherboard one of them being used for one of the two x USB plugs and the other one for my NZXT Kraken X water cooler so i can use CAM on it to change color and pump speed and such Left i got then the nd plug for the x USB plugs on the front panel and a case inbuilt SD Card reader wich also uses a pin Header In case you dont know the plug looks like this http www pcper com images reviews png What i need is a PCIe Card wich i can plop into my Motherboards PCIe slot i got a ASROCK Z Extreme and ALL PCI slots on it are PCIe and that it has two of those pin headers wich i can use Also preferred is if there is no extra USB plug or anything else that follows along so it should be a clean empty plate seen from outside so no extra USB or so i do only need the headers as extension Thanks

A:PCIe 9pin USB 2.0 Header Card?

I put this Internal Hub in my last 2 builds:
4-port USB 2.0 High Speed Front-Bay Hub - Black | C2G
It is also available in white. It does use one USB Port on the back of the computer so there's a net gain of 3 ports and has a power connector for the internal power supply.

I've looked at PCIe Add-in cards and will get one for my next build.
Interface Cards at TigerDirect.com

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/68479-pcie-9pin-usb-2-0-header-card.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys, new user here.
I recently bought an XPS 8900 and been having problems adding a Samsung 950 pro ssd installed in a pcie card. I wanted to use the ssd as my boot drive and the one Terabyte hard drive as storage. I installed the drivers and can see the drive in my computer but I'm having a hard time both booting from my usb drive to install windows 7 and when trying to clone drives using Acronis. While in Acroins i can see an error message but the screen flashes pretty fast so I can see where the error is. When I try boot from my thumb drive a have gotten a few different error messages as well. 
I'll add more info as needed but wanted to get this thread going to see if maybe i'm missing a step or need to set something up in the bios.

Any help would be appreciated !
Thaks! 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19980244
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all I m looking to upgrade my video card but want to avoid messing around with the PSU no idea PCIe Good PSU? 250w card video with what to do I currently run on a w PSU and most of the cards I ve been looking at require a minimum of w At the moment I ve got the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator which was standard with my HP but want to run a PCIe MB card as a minimum would be nice Most of the Nvidia series or ATI cards require at least w to run Is there any danger of running a w card with a w PSU or is it simply a matter of the card not working at all It s the first time I ve tried upgrading any system so need to tread carefully I might upgrade the processor to the Intel Core Duo Ghz processor as well in which case I guess I ll need a new PSU anyway to run it all Graphics card first though Don t mind about budget as I don t think I m looking at anything too expensive anyway Currently running HP dx Microtower with GB RAM and Intel Pentium Dual-Core GHz with Windows XP Pro Anything I ve missed let me know Cheers nbsp

A:Good PCIe video card with 250w PSU?

ok umm lets see 300+(200-250) max output. Yeah I see a big problem there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-pcie-video-card-with-250w-psu.122101/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I'm either gonna get a duelcore 2.5ghz or quadcore 1.8ghz pc soon with 6gb and 4gb memory soon and I'm wondering what kind of card i should get to go with it for around 0-100 bucks.

A:What would be a good budget PCIe card for up to 100 bucks?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102804

This card is in your budget with a 10 dollar mail in rebate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-a-good-budget-pcie-card-for-up-to-100-bucks.122884/
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay so i bout a pcie card to have wifi and bluetooth on my computer. I have a phanteks case with an asus z170-a. Now one of my usb ports wont work. Unfortunetly the port that wont work is the 3.0 rather than the 2.0. Is there a way I can set it up to disable the 2.0 instead of the 3.0 port? Thanks.

A:gigabyte pcie card usb wont work

nevermind, i dont know what happened but it fixed itself.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/gigabyte-pcie-card-usb-wont-work-276594/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, i have a texas instruments firewire pcie card. everytime i run anything through it i get a bluescreen saying: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

ohci 1394.sys

what to do? this is a brand new pcie card

A:firewire pcie card causing BSOD's

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228742-firewire-pcie-card-causing-bsods.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So I upgraded my older Lenovo A series machine to a Samsung series SSD and it boots just fine and runs perfectly if connected to the mb sata connector Problem is that it s attached from Can't card SSD PCIe SATA boot to an older machine and the SATA ports are first version so Can't boot from SSD attached to PCIe SATA card max transfer speeds are Gb s The drive is the newest SATA III capable of Gb s I bought a PCIe x card and its installed and visible with proper drivers in Device Manager I want to connect the SSD to this PCIe card to maximize the SATA III speeds but when I connect that way the system does not even see the SSD In BIOS I moved PCI SCSI to the available boot devices but the SSD is not showing at all When the SSD is connected directly to the SATA I port on the mb it sees it perfectly in BIOS and is set to the boot device in both Primary and Auto How can I get this to boot when the SSD is connected to the PCIe card I already see massive speed improvement over my old Seagate rpm HDD and I m pretty happy as-is but I really want to see what it can do attached to a SATA III port Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys So my PCIe Card Solved: Seeing Not Windows SATA I have this problem I purchased a SilverTech PCIe Solved: Windows Not Seeing my PCIe SATA Card SATA card to add more SATA ports to my computer I am looking to simply attach storage Here is the link to the card I got off Amazon http www amazon com gp product B TLCM C ref oh details o s i ie UTF amp psc I have the Asus Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard running BIOS latest version Windows Ultimate Problem K am having is for some reason Windows does not see the card when I boot up I have tinkered with the BIOS and even called Asus and they said there wouldn t be anything in the BIOS preventing the card from being detected At first I thought it was DOA so I got a replacement same thing I even purchased a different card from my local computer shop and it still does not work Bad PCI slot Well mobo is months old so I tested it with a wifi card and it detected it fine Same slot and everything In the BIOS I am not sure where it would say the cards details and the HDDs connected to it I looked everywhere I am also using legacy boot instead of UEFI bs lol Windows and all that crap I tried the manuals but I dont hae too much experience in this type of issue Anyone have any ideas I can try Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have an port PCIe IOCrest card on a III works? Anyone have an PCIe IOCrest that SATA33 card Windows on an UEFI bios motherboard I bought it from this Notes Hangs for - seconds if no Anyone have an IOCrest PCIe SATA33 III card that works? HDD SSD is connected to the card Not a symptom of being defective SATA ports are bootable Supports Optical Drives lt --------- Supports TB TB GPT drives in the description I didn't have an X slot so I used an X slot Switched on and waited through the delay as expected Switched off and plugged in a Tb HDD and a Bluray burner Switched on and waited an EXTRA second display My system used to boot in about seconds now it took about minutes I could see the HDD okay but couldn't see the Bluray burner Tried a few switch ons and offs - no improvement Contacted Uittek from whom I bought the card Got rudeness and the ONLY help they could would give - quot Our engineers say it should work on Windows driver quot Contacted Shenzhen IOCrest the manufacturer and left a support request and got nothing no reply from them Uittek claimed that Windows was quot too new quot in one of their emails so I suspect the card may not work on Windows I have a Windows system but I really don't want the card in my OLD system so can't see the point in trying it there Anyone have any reactions experiences to this or a similar IOCrest SATA III card In the States the card is sold under the brand SYBA USA I REALLY want this card and want it to work but have I been sold a lemon I certainly won't suggest anyone buy it from Uittek

A:Anyone have an IOCrest PCIe SATA33 III card that works?

I am using the following card with Windows 8.1 Update x64 with the PC listed in My System Specs and it works well.

It is also in an x16 slot.

IO Crest SATA III 4 Port PCI-e 2.0 x 2 Controller Card with Low Profile Bracket (SI-PEX40062)

Amazon.com: IO Crest SATA III 4 Port PCI-e 2.0 x 2 Controller Card with Low Profile Bracket (SI-PEX40062): Computers & Accessories

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/45998-anyone-have-iocrest-pcie-sata33-iii-card-works.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I asked yesterday about running my graphics card from the second PCIe slot for purely visual reasons after deciding that the speed decrease would be negligible if any. Firstly if you disagree with this, please let me know :P. I tried to start the computer with the video card in the second PCIe slot (PCIe 3.0, 8x), but I got no video signal to my screen with both the motherboard output and the videocard output.

Is it actually possible to run a single graphics card out of a PCIe slot which isnt the primary one?

Thanks.

A:Running Single Graphics Card from Second PCIe

Well it should be possible...

How do you figure running CrossfireX solutions would be like if one PCI-E slot didn't accept a card in it's slot?

Have you tried reseating the card properly and also remembered to replug in the dual 6-pin PCI Express power connectors? I know it sounds rather trivial, but loose connections to the slot can cause those issues some times...

As for your motherboards output, try checking your BIOS whether your integrated card has been enabled or not.. you may have disabled it after installing your dedicated graphics card initially...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/238549-running-single-graphics-card-second-pcie.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I've just built a new system with Asus Z97-pro mobo and intel 3770K processor but I need more sata III ports, I've ordered quite a few pcie cards but everytime the driver will not install on windows 8.1and only compatable with win 7 below can anyone recommend a solution?. Also I have and Asus Radr PCIE SSD, which I want to clone from my exisitng system, I've been using macrium reflect on 2-3 occassions with no joy, when I try to boot from it I get boot manger is missing, youre help would be very much appreciated, many than guys

A:Can anyone recommend a pcie card (compatable with Win 8.1) with at least two sata III

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-recommend-a-pcie-card-compatable-with-win-8-1-with-at-least-two-sata-iii.1129594/
Relevancy 51.6%

Here s my problem My motherboard is old and graphics card AGP Putting a a motherboard? in PCIe only has one AGP slot and a couple of other PCI slots I am looking to purchase a nVidia GeForce GTS but unfortunately this card like all other modern cards supporting DirectX and actually worth buying is a PCIe card I was wondering whether there was a quot converter card quot or another method that would allow me to install this PCIe Putting a PCIe graphics card in a AGP motherboard? card in my motherboard short of buying a new motherboard or buying a new computer Putting a PCIe graphics card in a AGP motherboard? altogether To clarify what I mean by converter card I mean something that you plug into your AGP slot which then converts it into a PCIe slot If there is not such a thing and I can t get this PCIe card into my PC what do you recommend as far as a new graphics card Currently I have a Radeon Pro with MB Putting a PCIe graphics card in a AGP motherboard? of memory It is an AGP card Is there anything that supports DirectX or is worth upgrading to that is an AGP card or will fit into my PC Thanks very much Erik nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I just noticed that setting in my BIOS.

A:Anyone overclocking the PCIe slot for video card?

I've seen it but always figured that it wouldn't do much but possibly cause instability, since I think the pci-e x16 slot already has more than enough bandwidth. Not sure though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-overclocking-the-pcie-slot-for-video-card.53062/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi folks this is my system
Processor
2,80 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
3072 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded
MOBO
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-AM EPU x.0x
Serial Number: MT700AK02701829
Bus Clock: 266 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0501 08/20/2010

I am trying to install the pcie video card listed above and when I start my XP Home SP3 system it does not even get to MOBO screen. If i take it out the system starts perfectly. CAn any one give me an idea as to what might be going on. I have tried the card in 2 other PCs and no probs.
Thanks for your time.
Kwisj

A:PCIE card stops XP system start

Hi I worked it out....
The PC was starting up, its that I did not realise I had to disconnect the VGA cable from the MOBO VGA and plug, and insert it into the new video card, strait away. I did not realise that the PC would automatically select the new video card!
What fun I've had!!!
;-)
Kwisj

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370500/pcie-card-stops-xp-system-start/
Relevancy 51.6%

I need a good wifi and preferably blutooth combo setup

Is PCIe a preferred method over USB dongles, or have dongle come a long way? I have room to do either and would want the best one out of the two, but would like a combo setup that can do both wifi & blutooth (obviously a strong WPA2/encrypted setup is preferred)

And also one that is compatible with Linux/Ubuntu along with win7

A:wifi & blutooth PCIe card or USB dongle?

I have always been a PCI person. when you plug it in, its in. There is no chance of it falling out, getting accidentally hit and damaged, or somehow growing legs and walking away.

https://hardforum.com/threads/wifi-blutooth-pcie-card-or-usb-dongle.1895950/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently installed a pcie esata card to my quad core dell running Vista home premium. I had a WD mybook home connected via esata. It worked immediately after install. It worked for a week or two and now if I reboot and the card is in I get an error message: AHCI bios is not installed..this appears right after Dell splash screen. cannot enter bios from splash screen. If I remove the card windows boots normally.

I really enjoyed my esata external drive..
any ideas how to fix?

A:eSATA PCIe card stopped working

Bump

Bump plz help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/esata-pcie-card-stopped-working.130753/
Relevancy 51.6%

I need to replace my wireless adapter in my laptop. My current card is an Intel Wifi link 5100 agn, which is a PCI express half mini card.

How can I tell which replacement card will be compatible? My computer is:

Dell Studio 1555
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

A:Replacing PCIe laptop wireless card

Hi VegasIP,
My name is Sudheer K and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
Here are the few compatible cards for Studio 1555 which I can recommend you :
1. Dell Wireless 1397, 4312BG, Half Mini Card
2. Dell Wireless 1510, 4322BG, Half Mini Card
3. Dell Wireless 1515, Half Mini Card
4. Wireless 5100 Half Mini Card
5. Wireless 5300 Half Mini Card a/b/g/n
Please let me know if any information required.

Thanks
Dell_Sudheer_Kota
Dell Social Media Responder

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/239091-replacing-pcie-laptop-wireless-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi! My AR5BXB63 wireless card in My MSI VR630 just failed. I'm thinking of purchasing a different mode, one which supports wireless n mode, like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/802-11n-Int...908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0b96f4ec
My question is, that will this work in my laptop? I think it will, becasuse as far as I know, PCIE is a universal interface and it should support anything I plug into it whith the same interface. Though it is mentioned on the ebay page that it will only work with certain chipsets. Who is right then? Also, there is a wifi enable/disable button on my notebook, will that work? Or is that button the reason why this wireless card won't work with any chipset?
Thanks in advance.

A:Mini PCIE wireless card compatibility

PCI-e IS universal, it will work with every MB, but your OS has to have drivers for it. Either built in, on the manufacturers website, or on windows update (I have Win 8 and it had no drivers for mine, so I had to use my power line adapter to supply internet to my computer for windows update to get the driver). So what I am saying is as long as you have a wired internet connection to use as an alternative then you should be fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mini-pcie-wireless-card-compatibility.1032594/
Relevancy 51.6%

hey guys i want a low cost graphics card for my pc .i have motherboard which has pcie x1 slot .could u suggest me list of low cost(50$-70$) graphics card having SM 5.0

A:want a low cost graphics card for pcie x1 slot

I'm not familiar with SM 5, but I believe that it is identical to DirectX 11 support.

This vendor only sells in the US and Canada, but it gives you some idea what exists:

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Video Cards & Video Devices, Desktop Graphics / Video Cards, PCI Express x1, DirectX 11

Are you sure that your motherboard has no PCI-E X16 slot? The last person that I encountered here thought that his board had no PCI-E X16 slot, only X1, but he was mistaken.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/215917-want-low-cost-graphics-card-pcie-x1-slot.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey this is an amazingly clear guide and I thank you so much for writing it but I've got a drivers WLAN DW1525 PCIe Card for XP (802.11n) problem that is only somewhat relative The Network Adapter I'm using is a quot DW n WLAN PCIe Card quot and I can't find any Windows XP drivers for it Without access to the internet I can't do much of anything past step of method and I'm left with a computer that will only start to XP and can't connect to the internet It's a good thing that I managed to get my system CDs from Dell ha Anyways are there even any Windows XP drivers for the Network Adapter I'm using I've looked around but can't find any Thanks ahead of time EDIT I managed to get my XP drivers for DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIe Card computer to dual boot Windows and XP but I still need help finding these drivers I've already looked through google XP drivers for DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIe Card and used Dell online chat support but neither helped much at all

A:XP drivers for DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIe Card

Quote:
The Network Adapter I'm using is a "DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIe Card" and I can't find any Windows XP drivers for it. Without access to the internet, I can't do much of anything past step 6 of method 2 and I'm left with a computer that will only start to XP and can't connect to the internet. It's a good thing that I managed to get my system CDs from Dell... ha. Anyways, are there even any Windows XP drivers for my Network Adapter? I've looked around, but can't find any... Thanks ahead of time.

Check out http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/w...x86/wlan/10.07

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/106215-xp-drivers-dw1525-802-11n-wlan-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I am seeking help regarding an Nvidia GTX graphic card we have but which takes up two slots on skt Graphic PCIe x1 needed card hides the mobo In the process the GTX hides Graphic card hides needed PCIe x1 skt a PCIe x socket required to install a TV capture card As a result the Nvidia card is not currently installed because it hides the PCIe x socket and I'm still using a very old video card an ATI X card with Mb ram although to be fair it has served me very well up to now So far I've been happy using the Windows Classic layout but now I'd like to join the rest of the Windows community and start using the aero facility Yesterday I tried setting up and using the aero facility only to find the graphic card is not fully up to it However I believe the Nvidia card we have should I think be man enough to run the TV card and other things I do at the same time This is where my question comes in Is there any way I can connect the TV card to the PCIe x and have the GTX installed I've been looking at flexible PCIe x adapters but cannot sort out in my own mind exactly how they could possibly be used Does anyone have any suggestions or is it a case of biting the bullet and finding a single width graphic card Yes I know a new computer would be great but we are pensioners and cannot afford to splash out on such luxuries If anyone has any ideas of how I can install both the TV card and the Nvidia GTX double width card please let me know - it would be very much appreciated Thanks Tracey

A:Graphic card hides needed PCIe x1 skt

The Gigabyte GA-EP41-UD3L has 7 expansion slots. 1 PCI-e x16, 3 PCI-e x1, and 3 PCI.
The 260 graphics card will cover the expansion slot directly below it, but the second one down should be clear. Do you have something installed in that one?
How about the PCI-e x1 slot directly above the graphics slot? Will the tuner co into there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352085-graphic-card-hides-needed-pcie-x1-skt.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a customer that bought a Lenovo ThinkCentre M52 Tower with a pcie x16 slot, a pcie x1 slot and two pci slots. The x16 slot came with a 128mb video card, but the requirement is for dual dvi outputs. I sold him an Asus EN7800GTX. It can be found here:
http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=2&l2=6&l3=0&model=589&modelmenu=1

The problem, if you look at it, is that it is so thick, that when they try to place in the x16 slot, the card bumps into the processor heatsink and doesn't fit. I basically need to find a thinner dual dvi card pcie x16. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

A:Must Find Slim Video Pcie Card! Need Help!!!!

Two of the same cards, different manufactures
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150105
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143036

could be more help for the customer price range.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/must-find-slim-video-pcie-card-need-help.486143/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Was curious what Pci slot would be best for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti to be placed into I have a z HP workstation with different Pci - Pcie slots that I could place the card into Slot PCIe x x Slot PCIe x Slot PCIe x x Slot PCIe x x Slot PCIe x Slot PCI Slot PCIe x x Any information on which to place my card connect slot card. What video PCIe my should I into and if you could explain why that is to me also I would greatly appreciate it So I could learn something as I go Also I am getting a During startup What PCIe slot should I connect my video card. HP Performance Advisor found the following potential issues with the configuration of this computer Memory Maximum What PCIe slot should I connect my video card. memory performance is achieved through a balanced configuration of memory spread evenly across all active memory channels When there is more than one DIMM slot per channel fill the inner layer closest to the CPU before adding memory to an outer layer Unpopulated memory channel - Memory bandwidth is maximized by utilizing all memory channels one or more channels in this system have no memory attached I have sticks of gb Memory type DDR Speed mhz Error correction Yes Manufacturer JEDEC ID AD Total width bits Data Width bits I have them set in on both sides So it looks like the first closest to the xeon x and then the middle one in row Same on both sides Any idea on this problem Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

WIN Ultimate bit ASUS M A -EM Motherboard I built my PC about - year ago using the above MB and OS and I am very happy with it I recently decided to install a port front USB hub The MB doesn't directly support USB but does have a PCIe slot I purchased from Scan a Lycom UB- x Ext' x Int' x port USB PCIe USB PCIe card, NEC USB 3 host controller 3 found? not card this is a powered card USB 3 PCIe card, NEC USB 3 host controller not found? as is the front hub which was puchased seperate to the card The multi software disk that came with the PCIe card is NEC Installing the front USB 3 PCIe card, NEC USB 3 host controller not found? port hub was a doodle on restarting machine new hardware was recognised and successfully installed and I know power is getting to hub I wasn't USB 3 PCIe card, NEC USB 3 host controller not found? so lucky with the software the NEC bit software installs OK but the USB host controller driver is not found If I look in device manger it is not there under Universal Serial Bus Controller which is where I assume the USB controller would show and there are no yellow warning triangles Windows simply can't find the installed software host controller driver I spoke to Scan who directed me to Lycom's driver download page there is an update so downloaded it uninstalled previous version installed update version still no joy nothing in device manger If I click start all programs I can see the software if I click on the USB Utility icon a window pops us informing USB Host Controller Drive not found Can anyone help me to resolve this issue

A:USB 3 PCIe card, NEC USB 3 host controller not found?

Anybody?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/225230-usb-3-pcie-card-nec-usb-3-host-controller-not-found.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have and external hard drive that is capable of using esata so i bought this card to give myself available esata ports on my HP pavilion a1130n. I followed the instructions as far as setup. Also, i checked to verify that the driver was installed, but everytime i go to connect my external hard drive to the esata port it disappears from my computer and i am unable to access it. Any help with this would be appreciated, whether it be helping me getting this to work or just informing me that i am unable to use this controller. Thank you.

A:help installing Rosewill Sata II/ATA 133 PCIe Card RC-216

read the reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16816132014

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installing-rosewill-sata-ii-ata-133-pcie-card-rc-216.808287/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi my first post here nbsp I'm about to buy a Z workstation mainly for Moldflow analyses but want to use it in my Ultra HD video editing in DaVinci Resolve as well Resolve performance relies on two things mainly apart of course of the CPU power nbsp - the compute GPU s - the video I O card for monitoring in RGB nbsp So I need to place the following cards in my future Z what a shame its PCIe slots are not double-wide apart nbsp A modest GTX ti card for displaying my desktop in Windows as well as Resolve's UI x GTX GPUs for Resolve's computing accelration and rendering the Double-wide BlackMagic Decklink K Extreme G I O video card nbsp The only way to accomodate all of the cards I see would be to nbsp - place the compute GPUs in slots and - install the Decklink card in slot blocking slot unfortunately as decklink is double-wide too - put my system display card GTX ti in the only free slot - namely the x Slot usually hosting Z turboDrive and such nbsp My question is even if I accept the drop Can (system) card ... 1st in graphics the PCIE Slot1 be on used in my GTX ti performance due to it working in the x -only slot is such an aarangement possible - i e nbsp - will the workstation recognize and use my GTX ti in Slot as the Can the 1st (system) graphics card be used in PCIE Slot1 on ... system graphics card the only one with a monitor attached - my K preview monitor will be conected to the Decklink card of course nbsp Thanks for your advise nbsp Piotr

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-the-1st-system-graphics-card-be-used-in-PCIE-Slot1-on/td-p/5795557
Relevancy 51.6%

Dear sevenforums,

I'm trying to get my cardreader to work to no avail. I've reinstalled my driver several times but it still won't recognize the sd card plugged into the machine. I've tried setting the systemvariable devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices to 1 and see if the card is hidden somehow but it's not.
I'm using windows 7 Enterprise 64bit and haven't found a solution so far. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot the issue?

EDIT: I've tried downloading the latest realtek card reader driver and installed it but that didn't work.

My windows explorer doesn't show the sd card at all

A:Realtek PCIE CardReader not recognizing sd card

List any Problem devicesMake sure devices are connected and powered on
Click the Start Orb, type msinfo32 in the search box. Hit Enter
Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX reportClick Start, enter dxdiag in the search box
When DxDiag opens, look along the buttons at the bottom of the DxDiag window
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see a 64-bit DxDiag button. Click it to run the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Upload the file to your next post

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/365134-realtek-pcie-cardreader-not-recognizing-sd-card.html