Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 on Ubuntu 7.04

Q: Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 on Ubuntu 7.04

Hi,

I just bought a Microsoft laser mouse 6000 from Newegg (specs here). I'm trying to get the back and forward buttons working in Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty). I did some modifications to configuration files as suggested by Google search results. Unfortunately, that screwed it up so that the scroll wheel controls back and forward, and the real back and forward buttons don't work at all.

The imwheelrc config file (/etc/X11/imwheel/imwheelrc) says that the xf86config file needs to allow for enough mouse buttons. But locating xf86config in the terminal returns nothing.

What can I do??

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 on Ubuntu 7.04

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 80.6%

I originally had a Logitech optical mouse, but lost the usb mini receiver. (btw can i get a new one anywhere?)

So i bought a microsoft wireless laser mouse 6000, and it worked great. Then one day, in the middle of a game, it just stopped working. The device manager says all things are good, yet it still wont respond. The green light is not flashing, is on, and when i try to reset the connection on both the mouse and receiver, it never resolves the issue.

Is there anything i can do?

Relevancy 92.88%

Hoping this is a simple fix.....
the scrolling on my mouse is choppy, when I scroll an IE page it has like a delay? Its not a smooth scroll. I have been all over my manual and support for it and cannot find anything that will change this. The settings offer up slow-fast options but it only causes the page to flip faster or slower duh lol sorry I am at a loss as to how to describe this. Let me know if I can tell you anything that would be of help.

A:MFST wireless laser mouse 6000

No one familiar? I have been digging but cannot find a solution. This really seems to be a simple fix with-in the controls but there is not any option that corrects this. You scroll and the page moves with a delay and a line as if going page by page. I had first thought it was a setting within IE but it also does this in notebook and other software programs. Even sliding the sidebar vs. scroll is choppy. Any suggestion would be nice thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mfst-wireless-laser-mouse-6000.589652/
Relevancy 92.88%

New Years Greetings I have an HP Pavilion dv March with Vista I just installed the Natural Wireless Laser Mouse several times in fact First time it worked Then after rebooting Mouse 6000 Laser Wireless Natural it came Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 up with a message with choices - install driver had already done that - don't ask Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 again - I forget what this said So I said quot don't ask again quot and that's when the mouse went dead Argh After uninstalling and installing from the disk TWICE pressing all the correct buttons on the transmitter and mouse and unconnecting the USB before this I finally downloaded the driver from online just in case it Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 was the driver that came on the disc It is Driver Version Finally got it to work HOURS LATER but not on my mouse USB port which is the PS Port that says IRQ x C I had to move the USB connector to another port I spent HOURS trying to install and uninstall this and am coming to the conclusion that VISTA is the problem Am I right I went to all the help features and did all the right things Device Manager says this new mouse is there Says it is working properly But then nothing happened until I moved it to another port I would like to plug the USB into the normal mouse port But it probably won't work Why Am seriously considering a Mac for the first time since I started using a computer in s Thanks for any and all suggestions Cheers

A:Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000

use an adaptor
http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index...id/0/id/179740
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...MP=OTC-BIZRATE

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/natural-wireless-laser-mouse-6000-a-207644.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I am having problems with installing this mouse on Windows XP. I tried all the suggestions mentioned above by DAI and while the computer recognizes the new hardware, the mouse does not work.

My husband got it to work for a bit, but it stopped working again. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

A:Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000

check the batteries are ok
reinstall the drivers
reset the mouse with on the mouse reset button on the bottom of the mouse and on the receiver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/natural-wireless-laser-mouse-6000-a-328941.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hey, I recently bought a Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 v2, and when I put the install CD in, it says it is not compatible with my version of windows which is Windows 7. So I went online to look for the software on Microsofts website, and I found it. So everything installed ok, and the mouse was working. Only problem is whenever I try to open the Control Panel for the mouse, to change my buttons or something, nothing happens. It shows a loading cursor and than stops. I've tried reinstalling the program, and I dunno whats wrong. Thanks.

A:Problem with Intellipoint Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 v2.0

why isn't anyone replying?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-intellipoint-wireless-laser-mouse-6000-v2-0.893371/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi everyone Hoping someone has for install... Mouse to Laser looking suggestions. Wireless refuses 6000 some suggestions for my new problem The problem My new Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse installs on Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 refuses to install... looking for suggestions. my laptop the way any normal Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 refuses to install... looking for suggestions. mouse should I have since decided to use this new mouse on my desktop PC instead which was successfully using a wired mouse When plugging the new mouse in the New Hardware Wizard could not install the mouse On top of all this when I reverted back to my old quot wired quot mouse the wizard could not install this mouth either Something has gone wrong and now I can t install any mice I have tried all three mice that I own and it seems that my computer is just having trouble installing mice in general All the mice install fine on other computer Behaviour -wizard says quot cannot install this hardware quot -mouse is listed in DEVICE MANAGER as quot other device quot with a yellow exclamation mark -pointer arrow remains in the middle of screen mouse doesn t work to move it around -USB ports work fine for my other USB devices I ve tried them all -Microsoft Intellipoint software is up to date installed and seemingly ok when I open it in control panel Already done -tried replacing DRIVER CAB from WinXP installation disc -tried uninstalling the mouse in DEVICE MANAGER unistalling Intellipoint and starting the whole process over again -tried changing channels from the mouse to the receiver but that isn t relevant to the problem anyways since I know the mouse works -tried copying device drivers from the the system folder of my laptop to the desktop -tried all the Found New Hardware Wizard options from browsing specific driver locations to automatic install It seems that the Wizard doesn t even bother trying to search the CD-Rom before it says quot cannot install this hardware quot -microsoft support site had no relevant topics -other forums had people with the same problem but no solutions Thank you for reading my lengthy thread Hopefully the description of the problem is concise and detailed enough that others with the same problem may find it I appreciate any help Thank you again david nbsp

A:Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 refuses to install... looking for suggestions.

Have you tried system restore?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-laser-mouse-6000-refuses-to-install-looking-for-suggestions.597519/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi Guys I recently bought this microsoft laser mouse quot bluetooth quot I bought it to replace my logitech laser mouse which was giving up on me after years I thought it was just because it was old that it was not working right as i tried everything i could It would work fine for a while and then the cursor would just slow down and go really slow across the screen for a few mins then it would work fine then it wouldnt and on and on Finally it stopped working alltogether so i brought it Mouse Microsoft Laser 8000 to the shop and got the microsoft one to replace it Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 I ve had it for less than a month but right from the off it is doing the same as my logitech did The cursor just randomly slows every so often and is very annoying it just gets worse and worse till i have to revert back to my cable mouse which i dont like at all So im wondering at this stage is there something wrong with my pc The logitech worked fine for nearly years I have all updated microsft mouse software and drivers I have tried uninstall and reinstall several times The microsoft mouse works via a bluetooth dongle that came with it which works fine when sending and receiving things with it I dont think its the recharable battery in it because i tried putting a brand new battery in it when it goes funny like microsoft suggest bit it still doesnt work right Ive also installed on different profiles on my pc aswell to see if any difference The mouse has a light on it thats green and goes red when battery is low on mine it is sometimes red when it is on the charger and is never on when its off the charger I have a microsoft wired keyboard aswell Im using a dell inspiron Windows Xp with sp home edition GHz mb ram I cant think of any programs i installed that would affect it either So im wondering now if i have another faulty mouse or is it something to do with my pc I really am stumped and have tried all i can think of I hope you guys can help me Thanks a mill robobobo nbsp

A:Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000

Has anyone got any ideas?
Please Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-laser-mouse-8000.707792/
Relevancy 78.26%

Is it unusual for a 3 month old wireless mouse to quit working?

I tried three different batteries and the light on the bottom still doesn't light up.

We hooked my son's mouse up and it works so I know it is not the pc.

I have already purchased another one as I didn't feel like going through the trouble of trying to return it to MS all for $39.99.

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi People, very simple question. Maybe I could get an answer to my question that I should had asked when I was buying. This wireless mouse uses two "AA" batteries or rechargeable batteries. Question: What about turning it off for the night or whenever I leave my computer? So that I don?t change them every two-three days. Thank you for your help with such a stupid question.

A:Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000

The mouse should go into a low power mode so it doesn't use that much battery power.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/188848-microsoft-wireless-laser-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Not sure what it is, I tried even adjusting my mouse speed up even more, it was already 3/4 of the way up, now almost 90% and it's still sticks, is lagey & just unresponsive.

I have the Microsoft Explorer mouse with the blue laser

Any idea why this would be or what I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

A:Microsoft Blue Laser Explorer mouse really lags a lot lately

Anyone have any ideas, this is getting beyond frustrating. I've restarted my computer & still have the same issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/315100-microsoft-blue-laser-explorer-mouse-really-lags-lot-lately.html
Relevancy 76.54%

When I deleted my Microsoft Mouse driver, the screensaver came back on. when I installed it, the screensaver turned off after a while. It may also be stopping me from hibernating my computer as when I click on hibernate, it blacks the screen and then locks the computer. Thanks in advance.

A:Microsoft Mouse 6000 keeps stopping my screensaver from loading.

Jaimin,

Usually, a mouse driver isn't needed. If not, try rolling back the driver to the previous one, or just uninstalling it in control panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/208527-microsoft-mouse-6000-keeps-stopping-my-screensaver-loading.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hope I don't have to buy a new set right now, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

I am a huge fan of the right-click function of the mouse.

Yesterday morning, it was working fine, but later in the day the right-click action quit working. No response at all. The left button, wheel, and other buttons are working fine. I use the right button a lot, did I say A LOT? Mainly for cut-and-paste (at least it was, yesterday.)
Keyboard is working fine, also. Batteries are good. Signal is good. I suspect I wore the little guy out.

Suggestions? or, recommendations for replacement. I like the "comfort keyboard" in this set. The curvature is not as pronounced as the earlier Microsoft Natural keyboards. Not split in the middle.

Thanks for listening to me whine. BTW, running Windows XP Home, in case that matters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-desktop-6000-mouse-right-click-stopped-working.678349/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have one around 6 moths old. Recently it started sticking. Not just where my wife spilt something on the keys (she said she didn't but, you know....) but also the spacebar, backspace keys too. I often have to hit them three times before they type.

Are these things safely cleanable? Or should I just dump it and get another (keyboard, that is ; not wife,. Mind you...........)

bob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/m-s-wireless-laser-keyboard-6000-v20.772957/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello all- I bought this wireless bundle awhile ago from woot com woot link here MS link here and I m trying to install it on my laptop So far it s a no go - I m not getting any response out of either unit I m using a Dell Latitude D connected to a dock at work so I can use my Wireless MS Desktop working not 6000 Laser Bundle monitor The mouse connector on the wireless receiver goes to a USB connection the MS Wireless Laser 6000 Desktop Bundle not working keyboard connector goes to the older standard purple connector on the dock When I plug the receiver in it turns on and it went through the add new hardware balloons in the system tray When I try to turn the mouse or keyboard on though nothing seems to happen I hit the connect button on the receiver then on the mouse keyboard and I don t seem to get any response I installed the software for each device from the MS link posted above turned the computer off plugged the receiver in rebooted and it still wouldn t work I m using XP Pro SP everything else is pretty standard except for the MS Wireless Laser 6000 Desktop Bundle not working fact that I m using a docking station - could the dock be causing the problem I tried installing the mouse when undocked my laptop doesn t have the keyboard connection but it still didn t work so I don t know if that s the issue Any suggestions or pointers I d really like to use this new combo instead my the crappy keyboard mouse I m on now Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:MS Wireless Laser 6000 Desktop Bundle not working

Bump....

anybody have any clues?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-wireless-laser-6000-desktop-bundle-not-working.656440/
Relevancy 68.8%

I had to replace my keyboard after 3 1/2 yrs since the keys were sticking and the letters worn off. I bought the Microsoft Wireless Laser 6000 Mouse with the wireless keyboard. It works great with one problem. If I enable "allow this device to bring computer out of Standby" for either the mouse or the keyboard, the computer never goes into a full standby. The fan is always running and so are some other parts of the computer. If I dont configure the mouse or keyboard that way, the computer will go into regular and complete standby but will need to be turned on with the power button to bring it out of standby. The Receiver is USB so Im thinking the reason the computer doesnt completly power down is due to the receiver needing to be active. Is there a work around or do I just stick with using the power button?

A:Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse and Wireless Comfort Keyboard

I'd stick with using the power button

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-laser-mouse-and-wireless-comfort-keyboard.466610/
Relevancy 59.34%

Laptop------ I use a 3d optical mouse which seems to work ok , it might not be the mouse, but I don't know how to phrase my question.--
this is what happens--- .n typing the question he the boy stood on t
whe burning deck.
notice how the cursor jumps or goes behind what I am typing, try this once upon it all worked perfectly, see that time it worked ok-- en isth happens -- what the heck can be wrong, it does see that last worked ok--- click the mouse and cursor shows , but when I type it does not flow with type always , even typing this its working but as I keep typing trouble will arise sooner or later usually sooner will tpe -----see--- the boy stood on the burning deck fire all around him ---sentance-- the last

A:3d laser mouse

Who makes this 3d mouse and did you look for the latest drivers off the makers website?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/319400-3d-laser-mouse.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello

i have a new problem, now my mouse is always on(the laser), even when my computer is shut off. it also turns off if i disconnect the usb. I notice this only recently started to happen. My cousin has had this problem for a long time too. Anyone know how i can fix this?

I have Inteli Explorer 3.0 with drivers.

Relevancy 59.34%

I just bought a new laser mouse to replace my old one it was a wireless mouse also from microsoft now i have a wireless micro inv mouse after a few seconds now it seems to go into hibernate and i have to click a side button on the mouse to come out of hibernate mode it seems i have to receivers one for my wireless keyboard and( old Mouse) and one for my new one when i hook and old mouse no problems? I have an Xp window system that i had built for gaming and this new mouse is not seeming to work out to great i might have to bring it back if i can't get it to work right.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laser-mouse.772003/
Relevancy 58.48%

The scroll wheel moves the cursor from side ti side. How do i make move the page from side to side like it used to.?

A:Logitech laser 660 mouse

I don't use the Logitech software but I'd imagine the setting would be.

If you can't find it I'd just uninstall the Logitech Mouse software from Add & Remove Programs and reinstall it.

You can get the latest version of Logitech's Mouseware from here: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1793,contentid=6003

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-laser-660-mouse.503080/
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently purchased a Logitech Laser mouse and I noticed if I'm on the internet for awhile when I go to use the right mouse bottom to save a file I get a error 8007ffff message.
I have Windows XP with service pack 2 and never ever had this problem with any other mouse before. The only way that I see to fix the problem is to shut down my browser and open back up again(I use Internet Explorer 6.0.) Is there an easy way to fix this problem????

A:Laser Mouse Problem

There are many and varied reasons for this error in IE, it has been around since Windows 95 and in all versions since, but I don't think your Logitech mouse is one of the reasons at all.

One common reason involves the Google Toolbar, if you have it installed then uninstall and reinstall it again.

Also clear out your Temporary Internet files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laser-mouse-problem.545020/
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently bought an advent ade-LR1 3d laser mouse and installed it as directed on my new laptop. Everything worked okay for the first week, but it suddenly stopped being picked up by the computer. The buttons worked but the cursor didn't move. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it made no difference. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. btw its cradle is plugged in via a usb

A:laser mouse problems

Sounds like the mouse is broken. If it's still new exchange it for a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laser-mouse-problems.58806/
Relevancy 58.48%

I live in Japan and recently got this mouse for about bucks My old Microsoft laser mouse the model I think was started to fall apart on me and stop working randomly so I found the Elecom mouse and got it because it had a decent dpi and wasn t super expensive Now I m starting to regret my purchase I don t new My mouse laser is annoying know why but the mouse lags A LOT When I first move it after idle it takes a second which is ok but there are times when I am using it and it lags or freezes up completely for as much as seconds or so It also slows or skips sometimes when I am moving it around the screen either taking a huge movement to make the pointer move a small distance or making a tiny movement move the pointer straight past what I was trying to click My old laser mouse never had this kind of problem so I am wondering if anyone can advise me on anything I m not sure if there is signal interference either through the desk or from other wireless objects or My new laser mouse is annoying if the mousepad a black non-reflective one but I also tried a freebie plastic one with white and blue and My new laser mouse is annoying a picture on it is messing up the laser or if this is a sign that the battery is already dying or what I just got the mouse about a week ago so this is pretty annoying especially when I am trying to play games nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

As I move my mouse in a circular motion, the motion stalls every so often. I believe there's a software incompatibility. This problem did not exist before I deleted some softwares recently. I am currently using Windows 2000 Prof. Does anyone know what might be the problem here. I appreciate any help in resolving this problem.

Thanks.

Relevancy 58.48%

Firstly, I hope this is the correct Forum for this post.

I have a New HP650 Laptop with Win 7 64bit Home Premium installed.

I purchased a Bluetooth Laser Mouse BT which I installed from the disc provided.
Initialy the Mouse worked fine, untill, win 7 went into standby mode. When I went back into Windows, the Mouse would no longer work. Nothing I attempted would recover it. Switch Off, Switch On, Press ID Button to reconnect, nothing.
I Un Installed the Program and Drivers.
I then Re Installed and it worked fine, untill, and you know the rest of the story.

This problem seems to associated with win 7 going into Standby Mode and Recovery.

Does anyone have a clue about this Nasty.

Regards
Owen Carlton

A:Bluetooth Laser Mouse BT

Does the BT transceiver plug into a USB port? Check that the two options shown below are Disabled. The first is accessed from Device Manager under the USB Hub Properties. The second is accessed through the Power Options in the Control Panel then clicking on Change Plan Settings (for plan you use) > Change advanced power settings. There seems to be a common problem with USB ports after the PC goes into hibernation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/282362-bluetooth-laser-mouse-bt.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Logitech Laser Mouse, but the wheel (for scrolling) seems to stop working after a few minutes when browsing. If I open a new browser, it works, but then stops again.

What's going on?

A:Logitech Laser Mouse

Logitech "Lazer ?? Is that the Logitech optical mouse ( i.e MX series )?
If it is do you happen to have installed the lastest driver for it ? ( not the one that came with the cd disk)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-laser-mouse.212336/
Relevancy 58.48%

Dear all,

I just bough my new laser mouse fr PC fair..
ACROX MT1 laser mouse...but when i plug into my laptop...show USB is not recognize by window...i trying to download the driver from internet..but there is not such model for downlaod the driver as well....??

Anyone can help?

Thanks

A:Acrox MT1 laser mouse cannot use??

Its probably "MTI"(the letter I not the number 1) not "MT1" Check http://www.acrox.com.tw/driverdownload.asp for drivers.

If the MTI driver doesn't work, try a few of the others as mouse drivers are usually fairly standardized.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acrox-mt1-laser-mouse-cannot-use.662111/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have two laser mice... one a targus and one a microsoft. They lasted me almost 2 months each. But after i changed the battery both are not working. The microsoft tech support mailed me something which i did not understand... how do i get rid of this problem???

A:laser mouse problems

can you post the e-mail?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laser-mouse-problems.755797/
Relevancy 58.05%

I've been having this problem for months, somehow it would disappear, lately it's not disappearing. Today I was trying to figure out what could be the cause, my only culprit is my laser mouse.

This is what happens, I'll reboot the computer, everything boots fine as usual. I'll begin to use the computer, opening a program the mouse cursor will jump or it will take effort to do a simple double-click, and finally the worse is all my icons will grow to as large as they possible can, there is no solution but to reset, if I try to shrink the icons to their original size, I can't, because they will instantly grow to the largest size. I'm making a good guess that the laser is not working probably anymore, what do you think ?

I originally was thinking my ram, silly thought, then I thought maybe my monitor, and I came the conclusion my mouse, only thing left.

A:Laser Mouse - Oh not it's growing Icons

Since you consistently refuse to provide you system specifications, how do you expect any help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/266232-laser-mouse-oh-not-its-growing-icons.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all!
I have a cordless laser mouse that has decided to act up. Sometimes it won't let me drag items across the screen - it seems to disengage itself. Occasionally, it acts as though it has been clicked twice instead of once. It even ignores clicks! I have changed batteries multiple times, and used compressed air on the bottom. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Problem with my cordless laser mouse

how far is it from the reciever? Are there any obstacles in the way (like a desk)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-my-cordless-laser-mouse.736412/
Relevancy 58.05%

The successor to the now legendary MX 700 has been revealed.

http://img16.exs.cx/img16/8692/mx-1000.jpg

FEATURES:

* MX Laser Engine provides 20 x times the tracking power of optical

* a built-in lithium-ion battery & rapid-charging base station

* Fast RF cordless delivers cordless performance that equals USB corded connection

* New thumb-button controls include universal page forward and back buttons and application switch to quickly move between open windows

* Illuminated 4-level batt indicator precisely monitors batt strength

* Wheel tilts for side-to-side scrolling, zoom with a click of the wheel

* Cruise Control rocker for speed scrolling up and down

* Deep-sculpted thumb support for incredible comfort, outside finger grips enhance control

In case my trusty MX 700 breaks, I will without a doubt get MX 1000.

A:Logitech MX 1000 - First Laser Mouse!

More photos:

http://img13.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...04_08_28007.jpg
http://img9.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img9&...04_08_28009.jpg
http://img9.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img9&...04_08_28010.jpg
http://img9.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img9&...04_08_28012.jpg

and here:

http://www.free.free.fr/sys/MX1000/ <--- Also includes a short video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-mx-1000-first-laser-mouse.15092/
Relevancy 58.05%

Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse?
I replaced li-ion battery with a AAA battery pack (NiMH), used the board that was on the ion battery pack.
The new batteries do charge , but will not hold a deep charge... need schemantics or need to know what the board on the ion pack fuction was or do I need more emf to force a deeper charge?

A:Logitech mx1000 laser mouse

...Or use the recommended batteries

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-mx1000-laser-mouse.138038/
Relevancy 58.05%

I need help finding a mouse that is as small/light as the Radio Shack Gigaware; doesn't have to be wireless. We have very limited choices here in the islands, I've been all over cyberspace but of course, I can't try it out.

I can use my right hand (after suffering a stroke) but after about 20 minutes of constant clicking (as in games) with the logitech ones (several models and $$), it's a dead end for me. The Gigaware is perfect except for battery life. Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Aloha Much,

HulaLady

A:Mouse Help Please..small lightweight laser

You might look at the Gigabyte gaming mouse. It is not small, but has 5 configurable buttons and can switch between 1600DPI and 800DPI. It is wired (no batteries) and works quite well gaming or regular computer use.The best part is it is cheap.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198553-mouse-help-please-small-lightweight-laser.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm not asking which mouse I should get. I'm really asking if laser mice are better than optical for first person shooters? I know that laser mice have a better dpi than optical, but does that mean more accurate or smoother crosshair movement in fps games? exactly how does it improve your gaming experience?

A:Solved: Laser mouse for gaming?

I switched from a Logitech optical to a Logitech Laser and besides my new laptop I think it was the best decision I have made. Its fast, smooth, and the software I found for it has allowed me to tweak out the multipurpose middle button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laser-mouse-for-gaming.769847/
Relevancy 58.05%

I believe I m having some sort of signal problem with my wireless mouse I play an online game in which you can hold down the right mouse button to look around Occasionally it will get locked like that and I have to click the button for it to fix itself I surmise that for whatever reason I click and hold down the button but when I release it it is not registering that I have done so so it just acts as if I am still holding the mouse button down Clicking it once gets the signal sent that I have released it My friend reports having the same problem with his wireless mouse yet far less frequently I ve always had little annoying problems like this with wireless mice and I m beginning to think they are inferior in overall design to something much less complicated like a wired mouse Does anyone know what my problem might be nbsp

A:Problems With Wireless Laser Mouse

Well, the connection between a wireless mouse and its receiver occasionally drops, sometimes for a millisecond or so, sometimes for longer. In your case... It'd seem a bit odd for it to only do that kind of errors.. Anyways, if you want to get rid of this problem, start by testing with a decent wired mouse... The wire is always there, whereas the wireless link isn't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-wireless-laser-mouse.788630/
Relevancy 58.05%

Just installed software and driver forWireless Laser Comfort Mouse - Product Number XA965AA#Abb When I go to the HP Mouse Control Center it says "No device found" All the basic functions of the mouse work, left / right clicks and scroll but i can not configure any of the other buttons. I've look up the support for this mouse on the hp site and it's was less than helpful, only gave me the chance to download a quick start up leaflet, very useful! Any help anyone?????????

A:Wireless Laser Comfort Mouse

Just purchased the same mouse, installed on HP PC running windows 7 as per instructions but am having same issue. Have you had any joy rectifying?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Wireless-Laser-Comfort-Mouse/td-p/1205569
Relevancy 58.05%

My hp wirless laser comfort mouse scrolls horizontally and vertically but exhibits strange behavior. By strange I mean the pointer does not respond when it hovers over minimize, maximize or exit buttons on opened windows of applications. Also, when I remove it, this behavior persists in my laptop using its touchpad and so I have to reboot and omit the use of the comfort mouse entirely. What causes this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/wireless-laser-comfort-mouse/td-p/5755262
Relevancy 58.05%

Several minutes, and sometimes less, after boot-up, the mouse becomes erratic, sometimes coming to a complete halt. Thinking it was either the interference of an outside signal or a build-up of static electricity, I have tried several things, including 1) rebooting, 2) disconnecting the power sources, 3) moving my external hard drive away from the mouse, 4) using different keypads to limit potential static build-up, 5) moving my entire system to a somewhat different location (fortunately, it's all on wheels) -- absolutely none of this works! Disconnecting the main power source and reconnecting it solves the problem sometimes, but only temporarily.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Its an MX&#8482; Revolution

The world&#8217;s most advanced mouse.

Highlights: Cordless, Hyper-Fast Scrolling, Laser Sensor, MicroGear&#8482; Scroll Wheel, One-Touch Search

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi
I have a problem with my g7 mouse , I have it 2 months now with no problems but the other day my son dropped it pretty hard. Next day i couldn't double click to login to my pc so i used the keyboard and once logged in mouse was fine. Since then the problems have gotten worse , every so often ( anywhere from 5 to 50 minutes) the buttons will cease to function on the mouse but i can still move the cursor, if I press ctrl + alt + del and then close task manager the buttons work again for a while and then it happens again . When playing games ( 2-4 hours) there are no problems . Dont know if this is a hardware or software problem. i have reinstalled both mouse and drivers , changed usb ports , system restored to a point before problems but nothing seems to work. Any help or ideas would be great thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g7-laser-mouse-problems.532005/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, I have a MS Wireless Comfort Keyboard and Mouse 6000 and have the Intellipoint and Intellitype 6.1 software for them. The keyboard and mouse lately have been acting squirrelly, for instance, when I hold down 'w' in a game to move forward, it will stop and I have to release and repress. The mouse is also acting a little jumpy. It felt like the batteries were running low so I checked the two programs above to look at the battery indicators and surprisingly, they were both 'good' and fully green. I have had those batteries installed for at least 3 months. I changed the batteries anyways to see if it made a difference. They didn't. In fact, when I took out the batteries altogether, they battery indicator still read full. Has anyone heard of the program not updating itself? The issue is new and yes, I have played the game for months now without the issue. Thanks guys!!

A:MS Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 6000

Try to uninstall and reinstall your mouse/keyboard drivers and software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-6000.70932/
Relevancy 57.62%

I tried swapping in a known-good mouse and this failed to resolve the problem. I entered BIOS setup and ensured that both the touchpad and PS2 mouse were configured to work. I uninstalled the mouse drivers and rebooted so Windows2000 would detect and install the mouse. After Windows had installed the Mouse it functioned fine however when logged out and then back in the mouse failed to work again. I flashed the BIOS on the laptop with the latest version (downloaded from HPs Omnibook support site). I installed Windows 2000 SP2. I then removed the mouse drivers again and rebooted. As of this time the issue remains unresolved. The PS2 mouse will not function. The laptop is otherwise funtional, however, and the user can navigate using the touchpad, keyboard, and pointing stick. Incidentally....Event viewer shows no errors....

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

A:Omnibook 6000 PS2 Mouse nonfunctional

Are you using a Synaptec's (sp?) Touchpad (which my lappy has)? If so, you should be able to go into control panel - mouse, and there should be some settings (over and above the default windows mouse settings if you have the synaptec drivers) to have the ps2 mouse enabled as well as the touchpad. You may also want to check out device manager and ensure that there's no conflicts between user input devices.

If you aren't using a Synaptec touchpad.. then ugh.. you may need to contact your laptop manufacturer for assistance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/omnibook-6000-ps2-mouse-nonfunctional.80490/
Relevancy 57.19%

Microsoft LifeChat ZX- The ZX- is the XBox wireless headset painted black the underside of the receiver LifeChat ZX-6000 Microsoft even says Microsoft Xbox Wireless Receiver for Windows I bought two of these sets so myself and my girlfriend Microsoft LifeChat ZX-6000 could chat on MSN without being stuck at our desks unfortunately the sound quality is useless for both of us despite promises of Digital Speaker Advanced speaker deliver crystal-clear audio Noise-cancelling Microphone The noise-cancelling microphone automatically picks up your Microsoft LifeChat ZX-6000 voice with remarkable clarity Click to expand I ve done everything I can think of to try improve the sound but the incoming volume is low and muffled and the outgoing is barely audible and badly distorted The quality doesnt change no matter the distance I put between myself and the receiver so its not a weak signal I cant think what else it might be but I know its not just me as my girlfriend has the same problem on very different PCs meaning its probably related to the ZX- or MSN Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-lifechat-zx-6000.547767/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I am new to this forum and please forgive me if i didn't do something by the rules Here is my problem i'll try to be as laser not pointer responding Wireless mouse concise as possible Just yesterday i bought Wireless Keyboard Mouse laser combo from Sweex product code KB Wireless laser mouse pointer not responding US After two hrs of work the mouse pointer stopped responding This happened after i rebooted my machine because of system freeze while playing with keyboard costumisation and copying files into the external HDD I recall killing two or three processes don't remember which one Receiver works ok on whichever USB port i put it into Mouse buttons work ok Keyboard works ok Pointer reacts a little only when exposed to direct light Batteries are new Went back to the store this morning for replacement but it worked fine on their newer comps that were for sale But same problem occurred with two older comps at work this evening My actions wereSwitched USB ports several times Swithced off WiFi changed channel to prevent interference Driver uninstall reinstall several times from CD website Mouse uninstall install device manager Uninstall Wacom Intuos Ddriver Nothing worked I am willing to fight to the death for this mouse Please help me Should i go safe mode or registry or whatever Just don't tell me to format i have so many softwares installed However no other mouse software Specs WinXP Pro Version SP AMD Athlon x Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-laser-mouse-pointer-not-responding-445102.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I cant seem to find it, checked logi site and made a post about it on there site which hasnt gotten any replies yet i figured i may as well try here, when i plugged in my g13 gamepad it automatically installed the keyprofiler, G5 mouse didnt do that, help me pls, thanks

A:G5 laser gaming mouse keyprofiler for windows7 64 bit

Hello balltillifall, welcome to Seven Forums!

In device manager, have you right clicked the mouse and selected "Update Driver Software?click image to enlarge

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/93136-g5-laser-gaming-mouse-keyprofiler-windows7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Can the Logitech VX Revolution Cordless laser mouse be used with a desktop? if not, what would be a comparable mouse?

A:Logitech VX Revolution Cordless laser mouse

Hey,

Yes it can be used with a desktop.

Nick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-vx-revolution-cordless-laser-mouse.573854/
Relevancy 57.19%

And then makes a beep noise on the computer like it just recognized it and then starts working again it's an usb mouse it's just now been doing things but when it stops my laptop mouse works perfectly.

A:Computer laser mouse stops for a few seconds

I assume by laser mouse you mean an external mouse and by laptop mouse you mean the touch pad on your laptop?Have you replaced the battery/ies in the laser mouse or made sure they are fully charged if they are rechargeable?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496935/computer-laser-mouse-stops-for-a-few-seconds/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have used for the last 8 years a logitech trackball I like the fact I dont have to move all over the table to use it just a thumb. I was wondering if a laser mouse is that much better to the point should I switch to a laser mouse with 800 resolution from my trackball with 300dpi would I notice it in gaming?

A:gaming hardware ,Laser Mouse or Trackball.

Personally I have never wormed up to the trackballs, but I can tell you that my Revolution MX is very comfortable and at the beginning was incredibly precise but after a while it started glitching unofrtunetly I bought it in the us and I can't get a guarantee over here:-(
All i can tell you is that when the mouse was in perfect shape it worked great on various surfaces. soemtimes I would watch movies from my bed which is about 3-4 meters from the computer and on the nonsmooth drapes (Not even straight) it would still work perfectly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-hardware-laser-mouse-or-trackball.759953/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm looking for a new mouse. The only thing I require is that it is a laser or optical mouse. However, I don't quite understand the difference between the two. I used to have an optical mouse long ago and I use a glass mousepad, but only the old Ball mouse I had worked on that mousepad and the optical mouse had tracking problems. I hear that a laser mouse is stronger and could work on that kind of surface, but I wanted to ask before buying.

On the same subject, I'm really not sure on what kind of mouse brand/type to get. I never really know what to look for and not every mouse has reviews. Of course, the cheaper, the better since I am on a bit of a budget, but I want a decent quality product.

Relevancy 57.19%

Yesterday, I read a column by Craig Crossman about the new Logitech cordless mouse.

The second paragraph of the article states (in part): "...The cordless mouse uses the 2.4-gigahertz frequency unlike conventional wireless mice. This gives the V400 a more consistent 30-foot range with less interference..."

That confuses me because I thought 2.4 GHz things (e.g., telephones) were to be avoided because they interfere with wireless networks, most, (if not all) of which run on 2.4 GHz.

Since this mouse is meant to be used with notebooks, and most notebooks have wireless capabilities, how can the mouse's using the 2.4-gigahertz frequency be advantageous and not problematic?

Thank you.

Relevancy 57.19%

Just upgraded my OS to Windows 7 and so far so good....the only snag is my Microsoft Wireless Laser 8000 mouse will not work.

I have not got the USB bluetooth device it pairs it but this shouldnt be a problem as it did paired with my laptop (Sony VGN-NW11S) when I was using vista.

It now pairs up but doesnt then work.

I tried to download the latest driver software to solve the issue but this did not help.

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks in anticiaption

Ben

Relevancy 57.19%

I am using LLC 2.6.0 (302) on my iMac 10.5.6. I receive the pop up window indicating that my USB MX air is connected but unable to move the cursor. I have switched the on/off slide button while holding down the left mouse button, then clicking the right mouse button five times, then releasing all mouse buttons. I still have no mouse movement at all. While doing the above I disconnected my old laser mouse. My mouse is fully charged. Has anyone had this problem. No response from logitech.

Thank You
John Flanagan

M/N M-RBP123
PID LZ848B1
P/N 832323-0000
Software version 2.6.0 (302)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mx-air-laser-mouse-imac-cursor-not-moving.807999/
Relevancy 57.19%

Now this might sound like an odd question but was considering getting this mouse (Logitech G7 Cordless Laser Mouse Usb) as i read in a review that it works on glass and having a glass desk this would be an obvious advantage over having to use a mouse mat with my infa-red Microsoft mouse if any one knows where laser mice in general or this one in particular will work on glass or does it depends on how clean the glass is and the dpi of mouse thank in advance as i already know you guys will be a great help as always

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g7-cordless-laser-mouse-usb-question.450353/
Relevancy 56.76%

yesterday I bought a Internet Keyboard And Laser Mouse from the brand Micro Innovations and i did everything it said but when im about to install it I leave the non wireless mouse that i used to have plugged in to install the software so I install it and the wireless keyboard works great but the wireless laser mouse doesnt work... any suggestions....PLEASE HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-innovations-internet-keyboard-and-laser-mouse.607543/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,
I ordered a new MS wireless laser mouse 5000 because after several yrs my old one went bad. Well, I have retained the MS wireless comfort keyboard 4000. Now, when I try to install software through CD MS intellipoint 6.3, I essentially have the following
msg.:  I'm told that that this cd is blocked because it is not compatible w/ windows 7. Another problem is that with the new mouse I can not type anything. This, of course, could be the result of not being able to install the CD that came w/ the mouse.
Now, I've tried about everything---all the downloads which  I could find, and apparently, I'm current w/ the software/drivers.  I just don't know what next to do; I'm not very experienced w/ these things.
Does anyone have any answers; those laser mice are expensive.
Thanks.
Stan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/671db8f4-c558-42fa-a0eb-422ad63a2e70/ms-compatibility-of-ms5000-laser-wireless-mouse-w-windows-7?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,
I ordered a new MS wireless laser mouse 5000 because after several yrs my old one went bad. Well, I have retained the MS wireless comfort keyboard 4000. Now, when I try to install software through CD MS intellipoint 6.3, I essentially have the following
msg.:  I'm told that that this cd is blocked because it is not compatible w/ windows 7. Another problem is that with the new mouse I can not type anything. This, of course, could be the result of not being able to install the CD that came w/ the mouse.
Now, I've tried about everything---all the downloads which  I could find, and apparently, I'm current w/ the software/drivers.  I just don't know what next to do; I'm not very experienced w/ these things.
Does anyone have any answers; those laser mice are expensive.
Thanks.
Stan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c45a0776-edba-4257-a453-c2911b3ce5c9/ms-compatibility-of-ms5000-laser-wireless-mouse-w-windows-7?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello all I am having an issue here and I am not quite sure how to resolve it I have a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse and I also have a conflict mouse router wireless MS & Laser 8000 wireless home network using a D-Link WBR- wireless router I am using Windows Vista and when I am using the mouse with my computer and the wireless network enabled the mouse pointer moves very erratically and does not move smoothly at all The computer is plugged in directly into the router with an ethernet cable it is not using a wireless NIC card I am fairly certain this is from interference from the wireless router i have tried different channels to see if I would get less interference but none of that seems to help any There does not seem to be any settings for my mouse where i can choose what channel it is running on it runs on Bluetooth The wireless router is running g and as far as I know this and Bluetooth both run at ghz Any ideas suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-laser-mouse-8000-wireless-router-conflict.635176/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an Acrox (model MOP) laser mouse and no matter WHAT I set my mouse options to (right now at slowest possible double click setting) whenever I click the left button, I will almost always end up getting a double click. I will excute files when trying to move them, open pictures when trying to delete,.......you get the picture. I checked their website......but I can't figure out how to actually INSTALL the drivers. I've done tons of drivers, but these ones get me. Anybody have any ideas.......it is REALLY aggravating trying to save when the dropdown menu is opened and closed with one click of the mouse.....takes like 4 tries before the menu will open properly and let me choose a location. AAARRRGHH !!

A:Constantly getting a double click with Acrox laser mouse

Well, regardless of the speed of the double click, if the button is set to double click it will always double click.

Anyway, go to this Acrox site (Click here), download the driver zip file. When you unzip this file, you'll find more zipped files. Select the one for your model and unzip it. Double click on the setup.exe file or open it from Start > Run. It should install then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-getting-a-double-click-with-acrox-laser-mouse.44249/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-620-Wireless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B000QRI270

I have one of these and every so often it the mouse pointer sticks for several seconds which is annoying when gaming etc. I've only had it a few months of which its been for the last 2 to 3.

I haven't got the software installed as I see no reason why it would prevent it sticking + sucks up system resources.

It does it both on my desk which is a plastic surface with a bubbly effect and a mouse mat, both clean.

Is there anything else which could be causing this or is it just due to wireless-ness?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-logitech-mx-620-wireless-laser-mouse-sticking.830933/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm used to periodic lapses when Windows forgets that I have a Bluetooth mouse & keyboard but today's behaviour was really weird.
Fortunately I keep a wired mouse and keyboard strategically hidden just in case.

I just booted into W7 and noticed on the log-on screen that the mouse was behaving erratically - would judder around the screen rather than glide.

Anyway I uninstalled it once I'd booted up and went to reinstall it. It worked but Windows asked for a restart. This had never ever happened before. It even asked for the WEI to be refreshed! I've checked and I can't see anything different driver-wise. I've gone through the motions of uninstalling/reinstalling mouse and keyboard dozens of times but never had this happen.

Comments anyone?

A:W7 Bizarre Behaviour w/Wireless Laser Mouse 8000

Have you updated anything lately? How about installing anything new?

Perhaps your mouse is running low on batteries?

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/5911-w7-bizarre-behaviour-w-wireless-laser-mouse-8000-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I just received an MX keyboard MX mouse combination and installed it on my Vista machine I had previously used a no-name wireless combo that ultimately wore out I installed the latest Logitech drivers made sure batteries were fresh that it was properly connected However the mouse is not behaving properly It acts like a regular roller ball mouse does when the ball is jammed or on the wrong surface--the cursor doesn t track the mouse motions MX600 laser problem mouse wireless Logitech I have to repeatedly swipe the mouse on the pad to Logitech MX600 wireless laser mouse problem just get it to move a little In fact I had to turn my pad over i have a stiff pad designed for laser optical mice to get even lousy responsiveness I ve tried the mouse on soft pads on the table on a piece of white paper to no avail I made sure the BIOS enabled USB mice I quot ve checked control panel settings the logitech utility but nothing there improves the situation Any advice I used my wired mouse to create this note nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mx600-wireless-laser-mouse-problem.629679/
Relevancy 56.76%

Just how good is this thing? I have the option of getting one for $18. It being a laser mouse, it sounds like a good deal...almost too good to be true. Thats why I want to ask about the quality of this mouse before actually buying it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gear-head-lm6000u-laser-scroll-mouse.759586/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am running MicroSoft Windows XP, Service Pack 3, using Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac, Build 7.0.15107, on a MacBook (2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.6.8). I have a Microsoft LifeCam HD 6000 connected through a USB hub that I use for Skype. Since I upgraded Parallels Desktop the other day, the webcam is no longer recognized by the computer. I know I could fix the problem by disconnecting and reconnecting the camera. But this is a remote computer which I control with LogMeIn, and that is not an option. Is there any way I can 'trick' the computer (Windows or Mac OS) into thinking I have done that? If you have any ideas or need more info, please be as specific as you can. I don't know much about computers. Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam HD 6000 not seen

Does the Hub have it's own power adapter? (this would increase the power provided by the USB port to the devices plugged into the hub) When you use a USB hub, it diminishes the power from the USB port. Devices that require more power like HDD's Cameras etc as a opposed to keyboards or mice, may not get recognized by the computer. Unless the Hub is self powered.
The solution is to plug the USB device directly into the computer.
You can go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager are there any devices with yellow flags? Or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Now right click any device and choose Scan For Hardware Changes, this should recognize the device and reinstall it. If it comes back with a yellow flag or as an Unknown Device, then it needs to be plugged into the computer directly and not through a hub.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-microsoft-lifecam-hd-6000-not-seen-673431.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have recently had to replace my old wireless keyboard.

I decided on the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000 due to it's curvy keyboard.

I can't fault the keyboard in anyway except I am now finding that the function keys on the keyboard are pre-programmed!!!

There are 5 keys which can be programmed and I'd like to be able to use them for things such as rename (used to be F2 on my previous keyboard) etc.

Does anybody know how I can re-program this particular keyboard?

Can somebody also tell me the keyboard shortcuts etc?

Thanks

Dave

Relevancy 56.33%

Bought a Wireless desktop just after New Years Because I had issues with my Microsoft bluetooth desktop in Vista I Had one hickup in windows with this bluetooth set and found a driver updated and just had to roll it back and has been Wireless 7000 desktop Microsoft laser fine So Microsoft Wireless laser desktop 7000 to avoid problems I went to regular wireless in the hopes to eliminate any issue Well after using the new keyboard and mouse the mouse started to freeze and got progressively worse till it became unuseable When it freezes the keyboard would stop as well but no disconect sound just freeze then come back I figured bad desktop set so i put the bluetooth set back on and no problems I put the other set on a laptop running XP and have been useing it without an issue all day so the set must be fine I know My Microsoft Wireless laser desktop 7000 PC is way outdated but it actually runs perfectly even with dreamscene on My usb is the SiS controller and i've tried drivers new and old switching ports resyncing new batteries every power save option is off still the same issue Funny is that the bluetooth receiver requires mA of power and Microsoft Wireless laser desktop 7000 the regular wireless receiver says only mA so it can't be a power issue I'm lost i got a brand new keyboard that i can't use Any help is greatly appriciated

A:Microsoft Wireless laser desktop 7000

Hello CuzzinChris, Welcome to the Forum.

If I understand your post correctly, there are 2 sets of wireless input devices involved here.

First you had a MS Bluetooth set. Then you replaced that with a MS wireless set. Is that correct?

If so, did you completely uninstall the old Bluetooth devices from the Device Manager before you disconnected them from the computer? This sounds a lot like conflicting drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/138049-microsoft-wireless-laser-desktop-7000-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, i have recently bought a Microsoft Wirless Laser 5000 Keyboard from maplins. The keyboard works fine apart from the fact that the @ key and the " have switched places, the # key has replaced the pound sign key. which at the moment no button produces. the original # key now produces \. i suspect this has to do with the drivers. i have donwloaded the lastest drivers for the keyboard, but still the problem persists. Can you help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wirless-laser-5000-keyboard.920260/
Relevancy 55.9%

I first bought the dragon war Laser ELE-G3 Dragunov Gaming DRAGON Mouse WAR ERROR DRIVER astra and it would not install on any of my usb ports I tinkered with it in the device manager DRAGON WAR ELE-G3 Dragunov Gaming Laser Mouse DRIVER ERROR and it's listed in the other devices Tried updating but I always get an error message Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device windows found driver software for your device but encountered a problem while attempting to install it USB input device Access is denied I got frustrated and traded it the next day for a new one the Dragunov model But I still get the same message Sometimes it asks for the driver I tried going to system repair f only then did it work But after restoring and going back to normal boot it stopped again I've tried everything and even downloaded the X-mouse button control but still nothing is working the led light are on but that's about it Can somebody please help Dragon war doesn't seem to have a help forum and it's facebook page is just riddled with complaints

A:DRAGON WAR ELE-G3 Dragunov Gaming Laser Mouse DRIVER ERROR

almost all keyboard and mice use the default windows driver or a similar variant.
only those with macros and adjustment features require their own driver/software, but even then the usual features of both will work until the driver/software is installed.

what does that mean for you.. well I think this is just a compatability issue with your hardware and its driver. if their website doesnt offer a specific driver to download then theres not much you can do.

you know the mouse works as youve had it working, and I bet if you boot into safe mode it will work a treat then!

basically something somewhere is conflicting. you could try updating your motherboards USB port drivers from the manufacturer of your mobos website and see if that addresses things.

other than that you could post us up your eventviewer file and see if that enlightens the cause of the issue, which may come around tona trial and error of removing services and programs.

I spent 2 years battling compatability issues with my Cyborg v5 keyboard.. it hardley ever worked first time.. I eventually decided the ?100 I paid for it wasnt worth the hastle I was going through and got something better! not a issue since.
As the range of mouse you have isnt well branded or even well cared for in terms of aftermarket support id throw in the towel, return it and try a better know brand! cant loose with corsair!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332797-dragon-war-ele-g3-dragunov-gaming-laser-mouse-driver-error.html
Relevancy 55.9%

So I'm currently having an issue with my Wireless Laser Bluetooth and hoping someone here might have some insight on it as my googlefu is not getting any results and I really don't want to replace the mouse as I'm using it in combo with the Wireless Entertainment Desktop keyboard and pretty much love this setup right now As of late my mouse has decided to basically throw itself in to sleep mode after about - seconds of no activity This doesn't happen seconds couple 8000 a Wireless after - Mouse Laser of sleeps all the time but it's getting kind of insane as bringing it out of sleep causes some Wireless Laser 8000 - Mouse sleeps after a couple of seconds serious mouse lag and or quite a bit of moving or a click to reactivate Wireless Laser 8000 - Mouse sleeps after a couple of seconds it Anyone with this mouse ever run in to a problem like this or in general The keyboard isn't running in to any issues in regards to losing signal and or sleeping and not kicking in right Unfortunately the Wireless Laser has been discontinued so I can't even get a proper replacement for it and have to get one of the new bluetrack mice but none of them are rechargeable Any help would be appreciated

A:Wireless Laser 8000 - Mouse sleeps after a couple of seconds

Frist thing comes to mind for me is; have you checked the battery status to see if it needs replaced. On rechargable batteries, there is a set number of recharges it can have and they do go bad from time to time. I would start there first, replace the battery. Here's a link to the mouse if you have not already checked it out.

Wireless Laser Mouse 8000

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/141006-wireless-laser-8000-mouse-sleeps-after-couple-seconds.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I ve got a Logitech diNovo Media Desktop Laser bluetooth keyboard amp mouse set - but its not working properly with my PC The mouse is uncontrollable - it will be fine for a few minutes then it will assume a mind of its own It always seems to run a second or behind my actual Mouse with Desktop Laser diNovo Problem Media Logitech movements which renders it unuseable The keyboard is the same but its not so much of a problem as the mouse It seems that its a Problem with Logitech diNovo Media Desktop Laser Mouse problem with a delayed signal or something I Problem with Logitech diNovo Media Desktop Laser Mouse have tried it with other PC s and it has been fine It worked fine for me in work amp I also tried a laptop in the same location as my PC - with no problems There are no other wireless or bluetooth equipment in the immediate vicinity I have tried reinstalling windows to see if that made any difference but no its exactly the same - Im running XP SP I really dont know what else to do Cheers all nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

formatted to no avail trying to solve this problem and found out unplugging this from the USB port made the Screensaver and all come on.

but I have yet to find a fix for it when it is plugged in, the HID Filter or whatever update did not fix this issue, if nothing else was probably responsible for it more then anything.

I even went into device manager power settings to disable them to wake up the computer and it didnt fix the problem either.

anyone got any ideas?

A:Screensaver dont come on with MS Wireless laser Mouse and Keyboard 5000

You could try taking the mouse batteries out. This will rule out that it is making tiny detections of movement even if unintended, while away. If the screensaver comes on, then you know it's doing this. Then, you can try lowering the dpi it uses, if it has that ability. Basically, test it out like this for a minute.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screensaver-dont-come-on-with-ms-wireless-laser-mouse-and-keyboard-5000-a-485075.html
Relevancy 55.9%

For some time now, I see that the latest mice have a high resolution + are laser

I have to admit, I'm coping just fine with an old optical mouse

Resolutions where never mentioned before?
What does a higher resolution give to you more than an ordinary mouse?

Laser?
Obviously better - but how and why?

Thanks!
OM

A:Solved: Do I need an ultra sensitive high resolution laser mouse?

Laser is actually not better, it's just newer and cooler. And harmful, in some cases, to your eyes.
Higher resolution gives you, well, more accurately moving mouse. I'd say the best thing out there, just on general level is something like the Logitech MX518. Optical, high quality, nice resolution, back and forth (or mouse4 and 5) buttons, change of sensitivity on the fly. Nothing too fancy and extra. It is, of course a bit of a gaming mouse, something cheaper will do just perfect for office work, web browsing, photoshopping, etc etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-do-i-need-an-ultra-sensitive-high-resolution-laser-mouse.802016/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok here's the thing. I bought the wirless mouse sometime last year, and I've never had any problems with it. Untill recently, it just basically stopped working all together. At first I thought the batteries just needed changed so I did that and like the light wouldn't come on at all on the mouse and the curosr on the screen wouldn't move either . So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it...still nothing. Now I have to use a gay mouse and it's really annoying. What could be wrong with my mouse all of a sudden?Oh and I have Windows XP.

Relevancy 55.9%

Has anyone experienced problems with a webcam which worked on XP but shows a red cross now using Vista. Even after downloading the Vista driver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-webcam-vx-6000-will-not-work-with-vista.870371/
Relevancy 55.9%

My friend with Vista has a webcam which has worked when XP was operating system, but although the webcam is installed on his computer, the webcam shows a red cross. I realise that a driver will be required now Vista is the OS. This is downloadable at Microsoft site.

Should the new driver be downloaded with the webcam still installed (when XP was OS) or would it be better to uninstall the software for the webcam first and then download the driver and re-install the webcam after downloading driver?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-webcam-vx-6000-driver-problem.870365/
Relevancy 55.9%

Microsoft Wireless keyboard v mouse v I have been having problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse on my new Windows bit pc Frequently the transceiver goes in and out Therefore I have to move the transceiver to another usb port The products start working fine then I get the BSOD and have to restart my computer When I restart there are no more problems for that session 6000 and mou with wireless v3.0 keyboard Microsoft BSOD However when I shut my pc down for a period of time and start up again later in the day I BSOD with Microsoft wireless keyboard 6000 v3.0 and mou get the BSOD after like minutes in At that time I have to start up my pc again Which again I have no further issues for that session The mouse cursor stops moving right before the BSOD The drivers on the mouse keyboard and transceiver are up to date I have replaced the batteries I dont know what else to do Could someone please help me I cringe every time I see the BSOD and have to start after improper shutdown It is getting frustrating I had no prior problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse on my old pc vista I have an ASUS CG desktop and it came preinstalled with Windows I've managed to take a picture of the BSOD Could someone please help Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD with Microsoft wireless keyboard 6000 v3.0 and mou

Quote: Originally Posted by hyperdisease

Microsoft Wireless keyboard 6000 v 3.0/mouse 6000 v2.0

I have been having problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse on my new Windows 7 64 bit pc. Frequently, the transceiver goes in and out. Therefore I have to move the transceiver to another usb port. The products start working fine then I get the BSOD and have to restart my computer. When I restart, there are no more problems for that session.

However, when I shut my pc down for a period of time and start up again later in the day, I get the BSOD after like 10 minutes in. At that time, I have to start up my pc again. Which again, I have no further issues for that session. The mouse cursor stops moving right before the BSOD.

The drivers on the mouse, keyboard and transceiver are up to date. I have replaced the batteries. I dont know what else to do.
Could someone please help me?

I cringe every time I see the BSOD and have to start after improper shutdown. It is getting frustrating. I had no prior problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse on my old pc (vista).

I have an ASUS CG5290 desktop and it came preinstalled with Windows 7. I've managed to take a picture of the BSOD. Could someone please help?!?!?

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

We really need the actual dmp files use these to find and upload it http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

thanks

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/58386-bsod-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-6000-v3-0-mou.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Over the past couple of days my pc has been going very slow, freezing and getting the blue screen of death. I have gone to device manager and checked that all my drivers are up to date. There appears to be a problem with WAN miniport Microsoft 6.0.6000.16518 and it will not update the drivers. Any ideas?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-wan-miniport-microsoft-6-0-6000-16518.774205/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a new Packard Bell Imedia A5518 UK computer with AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor, 4.00.GB Ram, 32 bit Operating System, running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1.

I installed my Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse and Keyboard 5000 and Wireless Desktop Receiver 3.1, with a USB connection (a Xmas present from my wife!), instead of the wired mouse and keyboard which came with the computer. The wireless mouse works perfectly but the keyboard doesn't work at all. I have tried to find information of conflicts with Vista on Microsoft Maze, but no luck, although there are many, many other conflicts shown on their website. I have also looked for any updated drivers, again with no success.

I am having to use the wired keyboard and mouse, but want to use the wireless set if possible. I would be grateful if anyone resolve this problem for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-laser-keyboard-5000-conflict.859721/
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently replaced my old keyboard and mouse with this Microsoft system. I am having a problem with the volume control buttons on the keyboard not working. The Mute button works fine, as do all of the other Special function buttons. Pressing the Volume Control buttons does nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times. Trouble Shooting the system says everything is working properly. I have checked everything I can think of, but the problem persists. It does seem strange to me that the Mute Button works, but the Volume buttons don't. Can any one suggest something to check or a setting I may have missed? Or do you think I've got a bad keyboard that I need to take back for another one. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

BTW I am using Windows XP Professional.

Thanks,
Doogie396

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-laser-desktop-4000-no-sound-control.646165/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for a KVM that will support wireless usb kb & mouse ... will enable switching between xp & ubuntu machines and ...

cost under 50 ....

anyone know of something that will do that??

TIA

A:KVM for wireless usb kb & mouse - ubuntu & XP under £50

anyone? surely someone can advise?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kvm-for-wireless-usb-kb-mouse-ubuntu-xp-under-%C2%A350.808490/
Relevancy 51.17%

My USB keyboard mouse and headset stopped working at first until i restarted and then restarts took longer and than the mouse and keyboard wont work at all after numerous boots into windows I have mouse keys enabled and a PS keyboard so I was am able to navigate to try and fix things in windows but its a pain Oddly my USB wifi antenna plugged into the top works fine but my headset plugged into the back does not work I working keyboard mouse USB windows, in Ubuntu. and but not stop have tried plugging my mouse and such into the front but that does not work either I have tried a hundred and one things and for a few days they worked until an update and i am at this point of making a thread rather than reading a hundred I have already tried several different restore points to no avail and I did not back up an older one from before big mistake I believe my system specs are on my profile but if you need them I will reply with them as soon as I can I hope you can help me to fix it or i may have to take it into the repair shop Thanks in advance -Justin

A:USB keyboard and mouse stop working in windows, but not Ubuntu.

Did you do something that triggered this or can you remember any specific event that caused any issues?

When you say it works in Ubuntu but not Windows, is this the same computer?

If its not the same computer, does the mouse/keyboard work when you plug it in to the USB port containing your wifi dongle?

For help with USB problems see: USB Driver - General Fix for Problems

Assuming this isn't a USB problem, try to uninstall your mouse/keyboard drivers and reinstall them
How to Uninstall a Mouse Driver on a Computer | Chron.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343352-usb-keyboard-mouse-stop-working-windows-but-not-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 51.17%

before I upgraded from Vista to I was dual booting Ubuntu something and when I installed I thought it deleted it but now that the boot 7 Installed work doesn't mouse in now Windows Ubuntu, screen comes up again it's still there and works Not sure if this Installed Ubuntu, now mouse doesn't work in Windows 7 could cause problems When I was installing Ubuntu a window kept popping up that said my mouse was trying to communicate with the PC and that I had to enter the PID or PIN or something but the window wouldn't stay open long enough for me to do that I've tried updating the mouse drivers and reinstalling it but it didn't work Installed Ubuntu, now mouse doesn't work in Windows 7 It was working just fine before Installed Ubuntu, now mouse doesn't work in Windows 7 this Update Afterwards I deleted the partition Ubuntu was on reinstalled Ubuntu since the boot screen wasn't coming up and the mouse works fine in it so it shouldn't be a physical problem with the bluetooth adapter or mouse I also tried using system restore but it still didn't work I can get the mouse to communicate with the PC and set up but it never works and usually shows up as not being active after I install it Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work nor does updating the drivers I'm using a Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse and a Rocketfish Bluetooth Adapter Please help using the touchpad sucks How will play my precious games

A:Installed Ubuntu, now mouse doesn't work in Windows 7

Well, I'm an idiot. I thought the pairing button wasn't working, but it turns out I just wasn't holding it down long enough. I could've sworn it used to work with just a press.

Time to play some vidya games.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/87860-installed-ubuntu-now-mouse-doesnt-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Yesterday I bought a Wireless Internet Keyboard And Wireless Laser Mouse from the Brand:Micro Innovations and I did everything it said but when im about to install the software I leave the non wireless mouse that I used to have plugged in to install the software... so I install it and the wireless keyboard works great but the wireless laser mouse doesnt work... any suggestions....PLEASE HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/micro-innovations-wireless-internet-keyboard-and-wireless-laser-mouse.607551/
Relevancy 50.31%

I bought a new wireless internet keyboard and laser mouse yesterday but when i install the software in the computer only the wireless keyboard works but not the wireless laser mouse.....when I install software I leave the other mouse in to control everything...do you think it is because of that...but if I dont leave the other mouse in how am I going to control things to install software....Could Somebody Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-and-wireless-laser-mouse-problem.607535/
Relevancy 50.31%

Lately I have been having an annoying problem with my wireless mouse. For some reason the pointer will lag, and be very sluggish and jumpy. I've had this mouse on this computer for about a year and I've had no problem. Out of nowhere this problem is happening. I've tried re installing drivers with no luck. I tried uninstalling intellipoint and re-installing it, but when I tried I got the BSOD, and then it completely disabled my mouse and keyboard so I had to use wired peripherals to go in to safe mode and do a system restore. Now everything is working again, except my mouse is still jumpy.

Thanks for any help.

A:Annoying mouse lag - Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500

Erratic behaviour from wireless peripherals, especially keyboards and/or mice, particularly where they were working correctly before, generally points to a dying battery in the peripheral. Have you tried replacing it? If it is rechargeable, it may no longer be holding charge and will also need replacing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/253795-annoying-mouse-lag-microsoft-wireless-mobile-mouse-3500-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This is really starting to annoy the hell out of me I just picked up a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse the Notebook mouse to be exact for my home entertainment center I have my PC ran to a monitor and a inch Samsung LED LCD TV for watching movies etc The problem is the HDMI cord is run threw the wall so the PC is in another room so I cant use the normal mouse on the PC I bought a bluetooth mouse due to the increased range but I'm having nothing but with mouse. 5000 Notebook Bluetooth Microsoft Issues Mouse issues I have the Microsoft Bluetooth dongle btw didn't come with the mouse the mouse actually comes with no dongle Anyway it connects fine but if I stop using it for like an hour or whatever it disconnects and nothing I do will reconnect it unless I take my other mouse go into bluetooth devices delete it and readd it all over again WHY THE HELL does it keep doing this lol It's very annoying I sit down to watch a movie and discover I cant start it without first going into the other room and readding my mouse I'm well within range and I've tried moving the bluetooth mouse to the same room as the PC to use it with the PC and it still does the same thing Help

A:Issues with Bluetooth mouse. Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000

Quote: Originally Posted by kdogg

This is really starting to annoy the hell out of me. I just picked up a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse, the Notebook 5000 mouse to be exact for my home entertainment center.

I have my PC ran to a monitor and a 55 inch Samsung LED LCD TV for watching movies etc. The problem is, the HDMI cord is run threw the wall so the PC is in another room so I cant use the normal mouse on the PC. I bought a bluetooth mouse due to the increased range but I'm having nothing but issues.

I have the Microsoft Bluetooth dongle btw, didn't come with the mouse, the mouse actually comes with no dongle.

Anyway it connects fine but if I stop using it for like an hour or whatever it disconnects and nothing I do will reconnect it unless I take my other mouse, go into bluetooth devices, delete it and readd it all over again.

WHY THE HELL does it keep doing this lol?

It's very annoying, I sit down to watch a movie and discover I cant start it without first going into the other room and readding my mouse.

I'm well within range and I've tried moving the bluetooth mouse to the same room as the PC to use it with the PC and it still does the same thing.

Help?

It's your dongle. I have the same mouse and it works absolutely fine. I'll bet you have the USB option set to power the dongle down when unused. How's the radio in the mouse supposed to wake up a sleeping dongle?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107627-issues-bluetooth-mouse-microsoft-notebook-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys. I have windows updates set to manual. Yesterday i checked for updates  and found more that 10 important updates. I selected all for installing. I recieved two _80070103  error
messages for  "Microsoft - Pointing Drawing - Microsoft Hardware USB Mouse" and "Microsoft - Keyboard, Other hardware - Microsoft Hardware USB Keyboard" updates. I looked at update history and found out 8 similiar update failures !
 I have windows 8.1 and i use wireless keyboard and mouse.  Shall i just unistall that failed updates or it might affect my mouse and keyboard performance? Thank you!

A:microsoft - pointing drawing - microsoft hardware usb mouse download fail.

Hi Alona,
If you receive Windows Update error 80070103 while installing updates, you might be trying to install a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that might be less compatible than one you already have installed.

So, if you did not encounter any performance issue about mouse and keyboard before, you can hide these updates and don't install them again.
Best regards,Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]
Niko Cheng
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/69751a1f-a0fd-4f5b-9c67-2e711db766c0/microsoft-pointing-drawing-microsoft-hardware-usb-mouse-download-fail?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I m really hoping someone here can help me My logitech corded optical mouse was working pretty well but it was a little slow so I decided to switch it out with a microsoft comfort optical mouse I XP, freeze! microsoft Mouse to from logitech switched mouse have another machine and both mice seem Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse to work perfectly there But on Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse my main machine they both lock up after a few minutes and the only thing that fixes it is rebooting I was highly suspecting it was a conflict between logitech and microsoft software at first I tried this http support microsoft com kb several times to clear the registry and start fresh But each time I ended up having to use system restore after I can clear everything out and then the USB hub is detected when I reboot but the mouse is not I check device manager and it says it has an HID compliant mouse and the mouse lights up like it has power but won t move at all Does anyone have any ideas Is there any more information I could give that would be helpful to troubleshoot Thanks so much Airmide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freeze-xp-switched-from-logitech-to-microsoft-mouse.660795/
Relevancy 46.01%

A long title indeed, but it pretty much sums it all up. I have installed Ubuntu first and then dual booted windows XP. I soon found out that the fact Ubuntu wasn't compatible with many programs (even through wine) I wanted only Windows XP on my pc.
I've searched many topics, but all described how to uninstall Ubuntu when Windows was the primary OS. In my case Ubuntu is the main OS and it dual boots with Windows and I want to rid myself of Ubuntu leaving only Windows.

What do I need to do to get the desired computer setup? Or is it irrelevant which OS was installed first and will a guide describing how to remove Ubuntu from windows work as well for my case.

Important addition: I could very well be the biggest computer-noob you've encountered thus far. So talk to me as though I am 4 year old

A:Uninstalling Ubuntu dual-booting Windows XP with Ubuntu installed first

shouldn't matter the install sequence if you want to only have Windows. Boot into Windows and then delete (from disk management) the linux partitions. This may leave your computer in a state where you can not boot into Windows. To fix this you'll have to boot off the XP install disk and boot to the recovery console, once there type 'fixmbr' without the '

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uninstalling-ubuntu-dual-booting-windows-xp-with-ubuntu-installed-first.149005/
Relevancy 46.01%

Acer Desktop PC Model AM sis ethernet adapter webstar dpx series cable in Ubuntu No Boot 9.10: Vista Ubuntu Connection Dual and Internet modem After setting up a dual Dual Boot Vista and Ubuntu 9.10: No Internet Connection in Ubuntu boot system successfully Vista connects to internet via ethernet Ubuntu does not sis ethernet driver is updated to latest version I can access the internet from Ubuntu however after shutting down the pc unplugging the power cord removing the cmos battery and reinstalling I reinsert the power cord and boot up as normal into Ubuntu and have full access to internet Simply removing reinserting ethernet cord removing reinserting pc or cable modem power cord or resetting cable modem does not work I am asking if there is a solution as to where I can log off Vista and restart pc into Ubuntu and have internet access automatically bypassing Dual Boot Vista and Ubuntu 9.10: No Internet Connection in Ubuntu all these steps I ve explained After perusing multiple forums where people have described similar if not same issues I ve yet to find a solution to this I ran ipconfig in Vista and have the results I ran ifconfig in Ubuntu and have the Dual Boot Vista and Ubuntu 9.10: No Internet Connection in Ubuntu results As these results may contain information that can present a vulnerability regarding system ip identification I have omitted them here If needed I will respond via personal message with the contents Thank you in advance for your continued contributions in aiding the computer world quot handicapped quot nbsp

A:Dual Boot Vista and Ubuntu 9.10: No Internet Connection in Ubuntu

Ubu 9.10 has known issues

If you are using Ubuntu 9.10, it has known issues with the built-in Network Manager and DSL modems (and presumably Cable modems as well)..

Currently, there is no fix (short of going back to 8.10 or hoping it is fixed in Ubu10 due out in April (iirc). Sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-boot-vista-and-ubuntu-9-10-no-internet-connection-in-ubuntu.142344/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just ran my Microsoft Windows Update a couple of days ago which included Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (Mouse and Keyboard Center). I think this is the culprit causing my problems. Now both my mousepad on my laptop and my mouse are active at the same time and I am unable to uninstall or turn off the mousepad. I've tried uninstall two different ways and neither worked after restarting and shutting down as per instructions. It is driving me crazy because it is extremely hard to type as the cursor will jump on the page and insert my typed letters into the wrong place. I have to get it uninstalled! Typing this is a nightmare and I am not dragging my thumbs on the pad or touching it in anyway. Any suggestions?

A:Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-keyboard-microsoft-usb-dual-receiver-wireless-keyboard-mouse-update.1089853/