Windows Support Forum

Netbook not recognizing network controller - code 28

Q: Netbook not recognizing network controller - code 28

I just updated my Asus Eee PC 1015PN from Windows starter to Windows ultimate. Everything seems fine except for my Network controller. It says there are no connections available and it doesn't look like it recognizes my network controller.

In Computer Management, under device manager, in Other Devices - the only thing listed is Network Controller with a yellow exclamation mark. When I double click on it, it says the manufacturer is unknown and the drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28). I tried to update the driver through the system but it doesn't find anything.

In Everest, Network, PCI/PnP Network, it lists Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller and Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter. That is the only mention of my wireless adapter I could find.

Any help would be much appreciated. I can provide more info if need be. Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Netbook not recognizing network controller - code 28

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Netbook not recognizing network controller - code 28

it lists Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller and Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter.Click to expand...

It sounds like you should have 2 network controllers - one wired, the other wireless.

Are you saying it's just the wired Ethernet connector? or both not working? Did you try the ASUS web site? If one of the connectors is working, i think the ASUS site offers the option to detect your model and tell you drivers needed. Or look up your model manually on their site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-not-recognizing-network-controller-code-28.164478/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi All .
I deleted lots of old programs and the next time I tried to access the internet I couldnt.
After some advice I got to the stage of finding a yellow fag with an exclamation mark on the Network Controller it tells me that the driver for this device are not installed (code 28) it offered to update but obviously it cant as there is no internet access . I can use this PC to download Drivers and install them onto the Dell Inspiron 560.
Any help would be appreciated . Thanks John.

A:Network Controller (code 28) no interna

Hi
You should be able to get the driver from Dell if they support win 7 install the chipset driver first then the network controller.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/362516-network-controller-code-28-no-interna.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently reinstalled windows xp and i've put all the discs and everything and yet this error continues. I can't get access to the internet. In the network connections area, it is blank. I also can't click the download driver button because it won't be found since there is no internet. I have a Dell Dimension 2400. Please tell me how to fix it. I heard you could find the network card and go to their site for drivers but I don't know that information for my computer, any help would be much appreciated

A:Solved: Code 28 Error: Network Controller

If you go to the drivers section of the Dell website: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen and enter the Service Tag number for the computer, it should show downloads for the relevant drivers.

Copy the drivers to a USB drive or CD, then install on the Dell computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-code-28-error-network-controller.802769/
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently installed Windows 8.1 Pro on my computer. I have an ASUS M32BF.
I can't connect to the internet because drivers for my Network Controller are missing. I have a WiFi antenna that came with my PC, and an ethernet cord.

How would I get the drivers I need? (I'm using a laptop that has Windows 8.1 Pro currently, and no drivers are missing)

*Also, should Network Controller be under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager?*

A:Network Controller is missing drivers (Code 28)

Download them from here: M32BF Drivers & Tools

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68683-network-controller-missing-drivers-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

hello I hope I can get some fresh ideas Ivetried alot of different things and nothing seems to be working first off this is a new fresh install of windows i had to download and install via updates This computer is fully updated It is an older computer but I only use it for my TV to store Movie Videos ASUS M A -EM AMD Phenom ghz gb gskill ram blueray drive tb seagate tb wd kingston gb SSD after a fresh install everything worked fine until i tried to connect to my local network the onboard NIC has an error code it is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family NIC after finding this i uninstalled and went to Realteks website and got the newest windows bit drivers ran the install and it updated the drivers but the device still cannot start so i uninstalled again and picked the drivers manually and Cannot PCIe Network 10 Controller code Realtek GBE start that didn't Realtek PCIe GBE Network Controller Cannot start code 10 change the issue either So i checked the back of the computer and noticed that non of Realtek PCIe GBE Network Controller Cannot start code 10 the activity lights were lighting up on the NIC so i pulled the ram and battery AND power cord and let it sit ive delt with a similar issue before where a NIC would stay asleep and not wake up after a wait i turned it back on and noticed that i had an orange light glowing again on the NIC After setting up the bios i booted back into windows only to see that as SOON as the driver were automatically installed the lights in the back go out and of course the device cannot start error At this point I cant think of anything else to do I do have a wireless card in the pcie slot that works fine could that cause the onboard not to work or am i Just SOL and this is just a Windows issue should i just go and buy a PCIe network card any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Realtek PCIe GBE Network Controller Cannot start code 10

Welcome to the forum jonilink!

Have you tried going into Device Manager and selecting update the driver, then let me pick and go through the list? There may even be a generic Microsoft one that gets it working.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54071-realtek-pcie-gbe-network-controller-cannot-start-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey, i have a compaq presario V3000 (mine is a V3015nr), When i bought it, it had windows xp and the ethernet and wireless connection worked well, then, i decided to upgrade it to win 7, but then, the drivers just crashed, i fixed this and everything was working well, but then, this error appeared and since that i'm unable to use wireless connection...

I've serached a lot of drivers but all of them are for Windows xp, or windows 7 x64...

Mine is an Windows 7 ultimate x32

Please help me finding out the solution, or a least some drivers...
Thanks if you're decided to help me...

A:nVidia nforce network controller, (device do not start (code 10))

So let me get this straight:

You had XP and upgraded to Windows 7, (which is what, home premium?)
Upon upgrade several of your device drivers malfunctioned?
Which drivers failed, and how did you fix them? Re-installation of the operating system itself, or, of drivers individually (if you installed individually - then which?)
You say after fixing the drive errors another error appeared. What error?

I'm sorry, I need more information to help you out

If I'm misunderstanding, and your drivers are still going haywire, please list the names of the drivers and if possible the device AND the hardware driver name/model

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/240372-nvidia-nforce-network-controller-device-do-not-start-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an Asus 1215N and I recently upgraded the RAM from 2 1 gig sticks to 2 2 gig sticks after having installed Windows 7 x64. The netbook is only recognizing 2.74 gigs of the RAM. I made sure that the motherboard can handle the upgrade and the Crucial website claims it can handle up to and including the 4 gigs. I did a memory diagnostic and that still didn't yield any results. I called Asus support and they told me that they couldn't help me because I installed a different OS than what was originally on there. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-netbook-not-recognizing-installed-ram.1035391/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey all I've been running windows pro bit for just under a year now Couple days ago the computer windows7 not Adapter/controller recognizing Help! LAN was on just sitting idle while i was around the house then i noticed this message pop-up the windows firewall was not active and if i Help! windows7 not recognizing LAN Adapter/controller wanted to activate it ever since then i have not been able to get the computer to recognize any sort of internet connection Im on a wired connection to a wireless router D-Link Xtreme-N Dual Band Gigbit all other computers connected to the router work fine there is a red cross in Help! windows7 not recognizing LAN Adapter/controller the little network icon in the taskbar If I click that icon it says No connections available If I click troubleshoot it says Problems found - There might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection adapter If I look in the device manager there IS an entry for Network Adapters in fact there are two Realtek PCIe GBE family controller which i recognize as the one from my motherboard Asus P P D-E Pro WAN Miniport PPPOE i have no idea where this comes from but it has a yellow exclamation sign above it I have uninstalled from the device manager and let windows re-install it on reboot i tried installing drivers from the CD the mobo came with i tried going on another computer and getting updated drivers from the Realtek website none of them worked if i try to uninstall the WAN miniport it does not disappear If I look in BIOS the contorller is there and ON Reboot swapping ethernet cables restarting router scanning for viruses malware with MSE Webroot Complete Malwarebytes finds nothing If I rollback to an earlier restore point it doesn t help The only thing i can remember that happened before the loss of connection was an update to TuneUp Utilities and Webroot Secure Anywhere both of which i've since uninstalled to see if it was one of those but still nothing Also completely disabling Windows Firewall doesn't help either Searching around the net has yeilded little help I'm so frustrated any help would be appreciated Is the miniport the problem

A:Help! windows7 not recognizing LAN Adapter/controller

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Have you also tried a different patch network cable? or move it to a different LAN Port of your router?

If you have a separate Modem, have you tried plugging it straight to the Modem bypassing the router?

If that didn't help at all please provide an ipconfig /all output while your computer is connected to the router.
Click on the Start Menu search box area type cmd, right click on cmd see at the top, and click on Run as Administrator. From the command prompt (black screen), Copy and Paste these ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt . Please attach the .txt file to be found in your Local Disk 'C' on your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204490-help-windows7-not-recognizing-lan-adapter-controller.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I just had my netbook formatted and installed Windows Ultimate -bit I've saved Netbook 350 Emachine Video Controller my drivers on Local Disk D and all has worked fine except for the VGA Intel It says quot This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software quot so I tried to download one from emachines site but it gave me the same product and so I got the same message again I've also searched on google for a driver that is compatible for my -bit OS but I still got the same message This is how my Device Manager looks like As you can see I have a quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot that only supports a resolution of x and that doesn't fit my screen that needs a x resolution And Emachine Netbook 350 Video Controller also the quot Video controller quot has a yellow exclamation so I tried to quot Update Driver Software quot and chose quot Search automatically for updated driver software quot but Emachine Netbook 350 Video Controller I only got this message Someone knows how to fix my problem so I can use an appropriate screen resolution for my netbook I would highly appreciate your help Thanks xx

A:Emachine Netbook 350 Video Controller

You'll need 64 bit drivers. I don't see any at the Gateway/emachines site.

Have you tried these?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...=%0ADrivers%0A

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/239095-emachine-netbook-350-video-controller.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently upgraded my GPU and when I restarted the system after downloading the drivers my internet connection was down I checked devices and there wasn't even a network adapter detected I narrowed it down to a driver issue but on the MSI installation disc there options Chipset VGA Driver LAN not controller. issue. recognizing onboard Windows LAN Audio USB and RAID drivers unfortunately the LAN option is not highlighted When I manually enter the install disc and access the Realtek driver folder it downloads but then says it could not find a network adapter to load to I've tried resetting my MoBo purging drivers switching RAM and probably a dozen other things Nothing seems to work It's as if the LAN controller on my MoBo simply disappeared It's not my internet connection because I'm typing this from a Windows not recognizing onboard LAN controller. Driver issue. laptop using the same CAT and same router as my CPU uses and I really don't think I damaged the MoBo because everything is fine except for the LAN Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows not recognizing onboard LAN controller. Driver issue.

Hello there, welcome to sevenforums!

Could you tell me exactly your motherboard model? since you've already stated that MSI is the manufacturer.

I'm not sure how could it disappear, but things happen.. are you sure you're unable to find it inside Device Manager?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/184586-windows-not-recognizing-onboard-lan-controller-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 54.18%

There are three unknown devices in my Device Manager Image from Device Manager The one labeled Network Controller recently appeared After Controller Controller Unknown Video Devices and - Multimedia (x2) Network windows loads sometimes the Found New Hardware Wizard will appear This is what pops up Unknown Devices - Multimedia Video Controller (x2) and Network Controller I opened up Everest to investigate this I went to Devices- Unknown Devices - Multimedia Video Controller (x2) and Network Controller gt Windows Devices Here is an image of the unknown devices I found Images taken from Everest Ultimate Edition I have reformatted my PC recently to TinyXP WinXP Pro unfortunately the previous Windows didn t come with an installation CD I Unknown Devices - Multimedia Video Controller (x2) and Network Controller have no idea what drivers I would need to download for the the Multimedia Video Controller As for the Network Controller I m guessing I ll be needing a driver called Harris Intersil PRISM g Wireless Adapter I have a CD labeled Wireless LAN b g Device which contains document information unfortunately it doesn t contain any drivers I ve tried searching for the driver however ended up unsuccessful I have uploaded a text document containing a summary of my computer View my report here Report generated using EVEREST Ultimate Edition I hope the information I have provided is adequate nbsp

A:Unknown Devices - Multimedia Video Controller (x2) and Network Controller

Your Asus PTGD1-LA motherboard is apparently installed in a HP or Compaq PC.

If the model is SR1318NX, drivers for your onboard video and ethernet are here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=449732&lang=en

If that isn't your model, what is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-devices-multimedia-video-controller-x2-and-network-controller.565174/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a toshiba m55 laptop, it would not get past the blue screen, i reinstalled windowsCD after installing i could not get on the web, checked device manager and under others found i missing missing Ethernet controller, network controller and the PCI Modem, however i could get on the web with my air card. anyone know a site where i can download whats missing?

Relevancy 53.75%

just upgraded my Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop from windows xp to windows 7 Home Premium. The multimedia Audio Controller and Network Controller are missing and I can't connect to the internet. How can I download these drivers to a flash drive and then install on my laptop

A:missing multimedia audio controller and network controller

Have done some looking around. From what I have found in many forums is that Vista drivers should work with Windows 7.

Post at Dell forums says the Sigma Tel Stac 975X AC97 audio driver listed for the Insperion 9300 at Dell Support will work for Vista and Windows 7. The file is a zip, so downloasd and save the file to the flashdrive. Then load it on your laptop, unzip and run it.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=3&fileid=128550

None of the Netwrok dirvers at Dell Support are for Vista.

For the network controller I would suggest going to the Dell Support and find out what the original configeration was for your system. Go to this page, select Original Configeration tab and enter the Service Number for your computer. It will e on a tag on the bottom.

http://support.dell.com/support/top...nfo/details?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~tab=2&~ck=anavml

Once you get your network divices names, go to the device manufacturer's site and check for Vista/Window 7 drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-multimedia-audio-controller-and-network-controller.872492/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey

I just recently switch my hard drive ( 320gb HDD 5400 rpm ) to a Samsung 840 EVO 250 Gb.
I'm currently missing some files and I can't seem to find those drivers help?
Btw it's a laptop here the model if you wanted to know : Asus X401A

Network Controller
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_E054105B&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_E054105B
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&CC_0280

PCI Device
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&SUBSYS_14F71043&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&SUBSYS_14F71043
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&CC_FF0000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&CC_FF00

SM Bus Controller
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&SUBSYS_14F71043&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&SUBSYS_14F71043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&CC_0C0500
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&CC_0C05

A:Missing some driver: SM Bus Controller, PCI Device, Network Controller

I also forgot to mention a fresh install of Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/339267-missing-some-driver-sm-bus-controller-pci-device-network-controller.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Acer Aspire 5820T

Hard drive blew so had to replace it and reinstall windows, however these two devices Network Controller and PCI Simple Communications Controller issues are not installed correctly with error message in Device Manager of (Code 28) for both.

I have installed all appropriate drivers from Download

these being:

Chipset Intel Chipset Driver 9.1.1.1024 2.3 MB 2010/04/08
Lan Atheros LAN Driver 1.0.0.33 4.6 MB 2010/06/23
Modem LSI Modem Driver 2.1.94 1.4 MB 2010/04/08
Wireless LAN Atheros Wireless LAN Driver 8.0.0.259 21.1 MB 2010/04/08

However the only device that was activated correctly after installing these was the Network Adaptor.

I therefore have no internet on this machine due to these two devices not being activated.

Please help.

I have phoned Acer but unless I go to there Premium support number at 50p/min, they can't help me.

A:Network Controller and PCI Simple Communications Controller issues

Hello badbud65. Welcome to the Forum.

Are you sure your wireless LAN device is Atheros and not a Broadcom or Intel?

Did you install this?:
Card Reader Alcor Card Reader Driver 1.2.17.05001 6.7 MB 2010/04/08

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/180125-network-controller-pci-simple-communications-controller-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

.I reprogrammed my laptop Samsung with the model code NP-N102S-B02NG. so when I'm connecting my laptop to the wi-fi i cannot connect because it has no driver for Ethernet and Network Controller driver. so I waana ask how can I have those driver?
I need your help so that I can already use my laptop. thankyou

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1325e3dc-3dcd-46ad-a467-fa734eb53aed/i-reprogrammed-my-laptop-samsung-with-the-model-code-npn102sb02ng-so-when-im-connecting-my?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 52.89%

Why would Samsung make it so that you cannot use Windows recovery? They supply their own tool but I've always used Windows recovery...

A:Backup error code 0x81000033 on Samsung netbook.

hi,not sure about samsung ,but most of these utility can be uninstalled ,by simply going to control panel programs and feature and uninstalling any crap installed by samsung , like samsung utility or how ever they have it named
found a list of the utilites/bloateware that the Samsung has , and a bit of a discusion on what sompeople use or uninstall .
Samsung Programs/Utilities

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/15977-backup-error-code-0x81000033-samsung-netbook.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My wife has a Sony Viao netbook model # PCG-21313c that was running slow. I took out the hard drive, formatted it and tried to boot a fresh install using a bootable flash drive to install the windows 7 debug check build disc (it has the starter version on it. Everytime it gets to 25% complete for extracting files, it says it can not install, that it may be corrupt, so I tried vista just for kicks, and it gave me the same Error Code: 0x80070070, wifes pist please help.

A:Trying to do a fresh instal on a netbook getting Error Code: 0x80070070

Why are you using the debug check build version?
The debug version is really meant for driver developers to use while troubleshooting/debugging new driver code.

Do you now have the drive installed in the laptop?
Have you tried formatting it during the install process?
Are you entering the product key as part of the installation process?
If you are try Skip entering the Windows 7 product key and complete the installation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trying-to-do-a-fresh-instal-on-a-netbook-getting-error-code-0x80070070-908810.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello. I need help. My laptop HP G42 230 BR simply stopped to access the internet and I notice in the device manager that the Network Controller & pci simple communication controller drivers are missing. I tried installing some drivers I found online but with no success. I formated and reinstalled windows 7 and still the same. Please, how can I fix this issue? Any help would be really appreciated! Thak you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Controller-amp-pci-simple-communication-controller/td-p/5658004
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I recently loaded windows xp home edition on my dell latitude x300. I noticed when the after the installation my network card and sound card did not work. I checked the device manager and there are question marks next to the “other devices” tab. The following were not installed and can not be found to install: Video controller, Video controller (vga compatible), network controller, and sound controller. First, does anyone have an idea why this happened? Second, where can I find the drivers to fix this? I do have another laptop of the same make and model and I was wondering where I could find the drivers on that to burn and use? Thanks!!!!!!

A:Drivers for Video controller, network controller...

You can download the drivers from the following link:

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...&s=dhs&SystemID=LAT_PNT_P4_X300&os=WW1&osl=EN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-for-video-controller-network-controller.420503/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
I just installed windows 7 proffessional 32 bits on a Acer Aspire e1-531 and there were many drivers that unsucessfully installed. i found 4 out of 6 missing drivers but i can't find the 2 remaining which are Network Controller and PCI Simple Communcation Controller
If anyone could have it would be appreciated

A:Network Controller and PCI Simple Communication Controller

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller right click select Property's / Details Tab ... There should be some PCI Ven Numbers Please post them ... Install the Driver for the Card Reader from the Link below ..
Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/356065-network-controller-pci-simple-communication-controller.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Bought New HP 15-be005TU  NoteBook. :=) Installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit).Unable to Connect to the network. No Wifi, No Lan.After few tries understood Network Controller, USB Controller and BCM43142A0 finding "No Drivers"Please Help. Rao DS

A:Network Controller, USB Controller, BCM43142A0 No Driver Fou...

Hi: You need these drivers... Wifi: The package contains the Broadcom wireless LAN drivers and utility that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72879.exe Bluetooth: This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver and software for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 devices and is compatible with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 and earlier versions.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72617.exe Ethernet: This package provides the driver for the Realtek Ethernet Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74233.exe USB: This package contains the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74851.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Controller-USB-Controller-BCM43142A0-No-Driver-Found/td-p/5775337
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I need network controller and 3D video controller driverNetwork controller:PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_2231103C&REV_003D VIDEO CONTROLLER:PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1140&SUBSYS_2337103C&REV_A1

Solved!
View Solution.

A:I need network controller and 3D video controller driver

Hi: You need these drivers... Network controller This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp69033.exe 3D VIDEO CONTROLLER: This package contains the driver that enables the NVIDIA Graphicsin supported notebook models that are running a supported operatingsystem. File name: sp67265.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-need-network-controller-and-3D-video-controller-driver/td-p/5741617
Relevancy 52.46%

I have hp mini. I can not access wireless network.  network controller and video controller. Hardware Ids isPCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1483103C&REV_01\4&2F6E2D52&0&00E0PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&SUBSYS_1584103C&REV_00thanks.

A:hp mini network controller & video controller

#HPExpertDayPCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 7:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-81598-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_1488103C&REV_06Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-79549-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=usPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&SUBSYS_1584103C&REV_00http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-93287-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&... ALSO Try installing HP Support Assistant which will automatically download and install drivers/updates:HPSA Link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-mini-network-controller-amp-video-controller/td-p/5627805
Relevancy 50.74%

After reinstalling Windows 7 on my desktop the USB Controller and Network Controller are both under 'Other Devices.' I cannot connect to my wifi or use the two USB slots on the front of my computer.

A:USB Controller & Network Controller under 'Other devices'

You need to install the network drivers...the USB controller drivers should have installed with Windows.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587747/usb-controller-network-controller-under-other-devices/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a small office with 5 computers. All are Windows 7 and networked via a domain and a central server. Internet is T1 - we have a modem, router, and switch in that order. One of my computers just stopped recognizing the network and has no internet. I have checked all the cables and know that the internet is running to the computer because I have a VOIP phone on the same line that works fine.

The computer can recognize the Network card and says that it is functioning properly. All other computers are functioning properly and are all able to see the network and have internet.

Any thoughts?

A:Network card not recognizing network

lets see an ipconfig /all and ping tests
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-not-recognizing-network.978466/
Relevancy 49.88%

We have about 6 gigs of music we want to transfer to the second computer. The first is operating windows XP and the second is operating vista. Unfortunately neither computer seems to recognize each other. I have connected both using a LAN through some no-name router.

I have opened and allowed file sharing on both computers and there isn't any firewall blocking each computer's access. Looking for some help.

Do the two OS communicate with each other or are they incompatible on the network?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

A:Network not recognizing...

On the XP system, do this.

Vista compatibility with earlier versions of Windows.

On your Vista machine: Start, Run, regedit

Navigate to the following folder:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

In the right, double-click "LmCompatibilityLevel"

Change the value to 1 (probably currently 3)

Restart your computer

Here are also some general debugging steps, take them in order until you fail.

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

PING each computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. You can obtain the IP address of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG. This should work for any Windows version. A failure here needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs: Workstation, DHCP Client, DNS Client, Server, TCP/IP Netbios helper, Computer Browser.

All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Neighborhood, make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-not-recognizing.595018/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am connected to a home network I have complete internet access and I can access files on other computers manually not via the GUI My Network magic recognizes the network it is on my computer from a previous network setup However I Not Network Recognizing cannot get Vista to recognize that I am connected to the network or internet If I were to go in to network and sharing right now it would show no connection and say it can not detect a network I am a member of the work group The automatic network discovery is Not Recognizing Network now off though it was on not too long ago and did not have any affect on the Not Recognizing Network situation It seems to go on and off of its own accord It seems to ignore me when I try to turn it on I choose the radial next to on then click apply and nothing happens Now at the same time if I disable my LAN then Enable it Vista recognizes that it is connected to a network However while it is trying to identify the network it stops and goes back to showing no network and not being able to find a network to connect to Any ideas cause I've worn myself out trying to figure this out I won't be surprized if I've merely overlooked something simple Thanks Guy with uncreative username

A:Not Recognizing Network

Hi, Atsivx64U, and welcome to the forums.

You should first and foremost check to make sure that the network card is properly updated with the latest drivers (you'll probably need a blank CD to burn them to disc from another computer with Internet access to get them from your motherboard / computer's manufacturer's website.

Also, some more detailed information about the Vista computer such as system specifications would be helpful.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/176069-not-recognizing-network.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm working on a Dell Dimension 4550 with Windows XP, just did a clean and reformat, everything was going just fine with updating device drivers until I got to the Ethernet Controller driver. I've been reading through the threads here and I've seen other people with this issue, but I tried their fixes (Intel's download area as well as Dell's support/downloads) and not been able to do anything.

I'm also having trouble with finding the SM Bus Card. I have all the blue install disks, but I tried each one of them when prompted to search a disk and it found nothing, any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Ethernet Controller Code 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetjones81

I'm working on a Dell Dimension 4550 with Windows XP, just did a clean and reformat, everything was going just fine with updating device drivers until I got to the Ethernet Controller driver. I've been reading through the threads here and I've seen other people with this issue, but I tried their fixes (Intel's download area as well as Dell's support/downloads) and not been able to do anything.

I'm also having trouble with finding the SM Bus Card. I have all the blue install disks, but I tried each one of them when prompted to search a disk and it found nothing, any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ethernet-controller-code-28-a-207190.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i recently installed a 320gb hard drive in my asecaspire 5315 series laptop i the placed my upgrade vista premium disk in installed that perfectly tried to connect to the internet and failed.
i checked the device manager and i have the dreded yellow exclamation mark under ethernet controller it says the driver for this device is not installed. (code 28*
please help

i also have a problem with my standard vga graphics adapter.
this is saying "this device cannot start (Code 10) "

any help would be awsome thanks

btw i run vista premium 2gb of ram 320 hdd and a intel celeron(R) CPU if that is any help.

A:ethernet controller code 28

download the NIC drivers, and motherboard drivers from acer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ethernet-controller-code-28-a-390496.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all,
I've been trying to solve this problem for around two weeks and simply cannot. I've been lurking everywhere, but nothing has seemed to help, so without further delay, heres the problem. I reformatted my computer after a crash, and have not been able to get online due to a Code 28 regarding the ethernet controller (I'm writing from a different computer). I know I need a driver but cannot because all of the download links lead me to microsoft which scans the computer you're on to see what you need. You can't just simply download it :( btw, I'm using a wireless connection, with a Marvell Wireless Adapter 88W something (there was a ton of random numbers/letters). In terms of specs heres what I'm using:
emachines T3410
AMD Sempron Processor 3400+
2.0GHz
1600Mhz FSB
256 KB L2 Cache

Modem:
56 K ITU V.92

Network:
10/100 MBps Ethernet LAN

Thanks so much for your time!
-nocarsgo

A:Ethernet Controller Code 28

Hi,
I have responded to your thread HERE

Please try to avoid double posting, it can get very confusing. If you make a mistake, you can always contact a MOD to correct it for you.
I will close this thread to avoid confusion.

Thanks,
Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ethernet-controller-code-28-a-325993.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i was given a labtop its a asus model is a u52f but i can not get on the internet with it im on another computer at the moment but i have not networking drivers or ethernet controller driver the labtop crashed i reformatted it. it had windows 7 but i put windows vista on it what do i need to do

You can download drivers from the Asus site but they only have Windows 7 drivers. You would need to find out which ethernet and wifi adapters are installed and then try to locate the driver from the manufacturer of the adapters. You could also try the Win7 drivers and see if they work.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Knowledge U52F

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ethernet-controller-code-28-a-570448.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi i am really hoping i can get help with this one of my comps had no sound and when i checked the device manager it said no driver was installed so i hit system restore and got the sound working again but now it wont connect to 28 ethernet controller code the internet telling me a cable is unplugged i ran all the diagnostics and checked and changed all the cords then went back to device manager which tells me that there is no drivers installed for the ethernet controller quot ethernet controller code quot i have no idea where to find it on the net and am really hoping someone could please tell me here is my dxdiag if that helps Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab The system is using the generic video driver Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer Direct D functionality not available You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input ethernet controller code 28 Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay ethernet controller code 28 retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name vga dll Driver Version English DDI Version unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD vga sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B - AAEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Microsoft LifeChat LX- Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID USB Vid e amp Pid f amp Rev amp MI Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name usbaudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d n a Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags x Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run Description SoundMAX Digital Audio Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS F amp REV A Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name smwdm sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d n a Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Analog Devices HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags x Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management Yes EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm Yes Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Microsoft LifeChat LX- Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name usbaudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags x Description SoundMAX Digital Audio Default Sound Capture No Default Voice Capture No Driver Name smwdm ... Read more

do you have the make and model of the PC

based on the above info

--------------
System Devices
--------------
Name: Ethernet Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_100E&SUBSYS_80EE1043&REV_02\3&267A616A&0&58
Driver: n/aClick to expand...

http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=100e&device_search=Search
the link to driver for xp is here

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18717/eng/PROWin32.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-controller-code-28.984536/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I've bought a TP-Link USB Wireless Adapter (Model: TL-WN722N) and I can't seem to make it work.

I have updated every driver on the pc except that Ethernet Controller - PCI bus 4, that i can't seem to figure out what it is.

At this point I'm not even sure what the problem really is, because i can get connection by ethernet cable on the desktop and i can make the Adapter to work on my Laptop.

A friend told me that apparently my PC already had a wireless adapter i just needed the antena, so i used one of his and still nothing.

Maybe something is in conflict, i don't know.

I saw on another thread that this might help:

-Other Devices
---Ethernet Controller
-----Details: Device Instance Path:
-------PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_1033147B&REV_01\4&132A9A3C&0&00E3

Thank you all in advance.

A:Ethernet Controller - PCI bus 4 (Code 28)

Let's start by addressing one thing at a time.

Quote:
I have updated every driver on the pc except that Ethernet Controller - PCI bus 4, that i can't seem to figure out what it is.

Is that the PC with the "Other Device" info you showed at bottom of your post?

What's the make/model of the computer or motherboard with the "Ethernet Controller" problem you mention? On that specific machine:
List any Problem devicesMake sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX reportClick Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next post

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335075-ethernet-controller-pci-bus-4-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

For several days now, every time I boot up my PC, an error message is displayed for about two seconds, and I was able to read what it was before it disappeared.*

It was a driver issue.So, I checked my drivers and it immediately told me which driver is having problems.* It was the APJHHSYL IDE Controller, under the Storage Controller listing, and its error is listed as Code 39.

I have no idea of what to do, because I Googled the name and it came up with no matches.* My PC's OS is Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

Also, this isn't my first time with driver issues.* Two weeks ago, I had a problem with my CD/DVDW driver, but a rollback to its previous Restore point fixed that. Should I be concerned I keep having driver issues?

A:Storage Controller Code 39

Hello, it's me again...after two weeks. I'm still having the same problem. I tried using a system restore point, but even the earliest restore point had driver issues.

Every time I boot up my PC, there's a big chance of it not working. Like, on the desktop, some programs will not run--such as Firefox or AIM or AVG, so when I try to close them, that's when everything freezes. Sometimes I have to restart two times before the PC will finally "work."

So, what's up with that? How do I go about this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/storage-controller-code-39.739444/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a server located on my home network that I would like it to show up in file explorer automatically without having to type in the ip address. To get auto discovery to work I have
Control Panel/Adminitrative Services/DNS Client running
Functional Discovery Resource Publication ? Auto
SSDP Discovery ? Auto
UPnP Device Host - Auto.
but it still doesn't work any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35216-not-recognizing-network-automatically.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My hp computer is not recognizing any network adapters. Im running windows 7.

A:not recognizing network adapter

moved to network forum

can we see an ipconfig /all and device manager

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
How do I get into Windows Device Manager?

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb
In the Start Search box type
device manager and then press enter

-------------------

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/not-recognizing-network-adapter-644604.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer isnt recognizing the network in my home, or any network. Absolutely no networks show up. Yes, the LAN switch is on. Tried to enable boot options from the boot up menu and that didnt work. Tried to see if it was the network adapter drivers. That's also not it. PLEASE HELP! Acer MS2220 with vista home basic on it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

A:Computer not recognizing network

Welcome
Microsoft has a good troubleshooting guide
Troubleshoot problems finding wireless networks
If all else fails try with another computer. Is it the computer or router or ISP?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294951-computer-not-recognizing-network.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have been having this problem since yesterday. After having to change my wireless modem and having installed it succesfully - i believe- the xps does not recognize the network, It connects with limited access and the network icon has a yellow triangle with a ! mark and it kepps saying that the network is not identified and it is identifying it which never does. The WIFI catcher identifies the wirelss network.

I had this network running ok until then. I have run the various repair utilities to no avail.. Should i connect to the modem -Netgear- with a cable and perform the repair routines that way? Any suggestions will be appreciated. . BTW it is a cable DSL service provider. Thank you.

A:XPS M1530 not recognizing network...

Supply the following information please.

OS running on all affected systems
Make & models of all equipment (routers, network cards, modems).
Wired or wireless?
What wireless encryption is in use? (WPA, WPA2, WEP, None)
Browsers being used (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera,...)
What security software is installed? (Firewalls, AV, Spyware, Malware,...)

Open up a command prompt (Start > run > cmd)
Type the following bolded commands and post the results for each affected machine.

ipconfig /all

Note: To post results of commands, alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > select all >
alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > copy > paste in a message here. If you are on
a computer that can't connect to the internet then paste the contents in a text document and save it to a
portable media like a flash drive, then use an internet capable machine to post the contents.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/xps-m1530-not-recognizing-network-386706.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hey guys i am connecting to the internet using a school network but lately sometimes my computer does not recognise the network and when it does i can only connect to the internet for like only a few minutes. i have tried to change and network card and still same problem. i am the only one in the building having this problem. i am using windows 7. can anyone help me??????:c ry:

A:not recognizing school network

Quote: Originally Posted by kudzai21

hey guys i am connecting to the internet using a school network but lately sometimes my computer does not recognise the network and when it does i can only connect to the internet for like only a few minutes. i have tried to change and network card and still same problem. i am the only one in the building having this problem. i am using windows 7. can anyone help me??????:c ry:

First can you fill out your system specs in the User CP page (Make sure to list what build of Windows 7 you are using (Windows 7 RC as an example)? Afterwards go ahead and update the drivers for your ethernet card

Post back results

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20805-not-recognizing-school-network.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hey guys i am connecting to the internet using a school network but lately sometimes my computer does not recognise the network and when it does i can only connect to the internet for like only a few minutes. i have tried to change and network card and still same problem. i am the only one in the building having this problem. i am using windows 7. can anyone help me??????

A:not recognizing school network

Hi and Welcome to TSG,
What has your school IT dept suggested so far??

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-recognizing-school-network.852212/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I have a vertex 3 240gb ssd and asrock z68 extreme4 motherboard (I plugged the ssd into one of the sata slots which I believe are the same).

For universal serial bus (USB) controller it tells me: the driver is not installed (code 28)

How can I correct this?

thanks

A:universal serial bus controller code 28

Quote: Originally Posted by darquan

Hi, I have a vertex 3 240gb ssd and asrock z68 extreme4 motherboard (I plugged the ssd into one of the sata slots which I believe are the same).

For universal serial bus (USB) controller it tells me: the driver is not installed (code 28)

How can I correct this?

thanks

Get the correct Vertex driver and install it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/167283-universal-serial-bus-controller-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I really need help, i have a wireless card i use interent wirelessly(sry for my english) , i reinstalled windows 7
these are my specs:
AMD athalon 64/Opeteron HT Hub
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm_ Processor 3200+ 1.80GHz
Mainboard:Asus M2n

A:Ethernet Controller (code 28) is missing

Welcome to seven forums.

Have you installed the motherboard drivers? Normally the cd contains the ethernet driver.

Edit: Sorry I assume this is a PC not a laptop??

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/184652-ethernet-controller-code-28-missing.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My DVD/CD stopped working and I got an error Code 39. I found a suspect driver file (stld.sys) and removed from my drivers file, but now I keep getting an error code 10 on the storage controller. The driver won't update, I tried everything. Also - my DVD/CD is only reading music CD's. Anything else, it just gets stuck and won't read any DVD/data disk I put in.
Any ideas?

A:Error code 10 on Storage controller

Try uninstalling the DVD in Device manager, than reboot PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/139869-error-code-10-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager shows the little yellow question mark for the PCI Simple Communications Controller. Update Driver->Install Automatically fails. As a result, I have no CDrom drives. Device Manager shows Code 39 for the CDROM drives attached to this bus. The other PCI bus has both hard drives and works fine.

The box is a 5 year old Dell Dimension 2400 running Windoze XP SP2. This, of course, used to work. System Restore doesn't go back far enough to correct the problem. It seems like the same driver should handle both buses but apparently not. I've searched both the Microsoft and the the Dell sites for something as simple as some knowledge base thing to help out and/or downloading a new driver and can't find anything helpful.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance, Dave

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pci-simple-communications-controller-code-28-a-193702.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Windows XP SP2

Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Other->PCI Simple Communications Controller shows Code 28. The 2 CDROM drives attached to PCI1 are not recognized and their drivers show not installed. The 2 hard drives attached to PCI0 work fine.

This, of course, used to work. Must have been bad for a while since System Restore doesn't save enough restore points to go back and correct. I use the CDROM drives rarely.

Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn shows the CDROM drives so not a hardware problem.

Help! Thanks, in advance.

Dave

Relevancy 49.02%

I've been away at college for about months since early January and when I left my computer functioned just fine I shut it down properly took the power cables out and took the power strip with me When i got back tonight for spring break my USB Host Controller won't start I've had this problem before and I needed some electrical work done on it and it worked fine after I got that I really do not want to put out the money to get more work done on it poor college student and so I wanted to know if there are any other things I can do Code USB Host Error 10 Controller before I send it to the shop to get it fixed like any ways USB Host Controller Error Code 10 to make sure its not a software issue or a loose connection or something Anyway from what I remember of my system's stats it's got an Intel Celeron D processor at GHz i know i know bad processor GB of RAM and i'm not sure of the motherboard model but I can get it if needed Thanks EDIT oops i posted this in the wrong forum didn't i sorry i'm running XP SP

A:USB Host Controller Error Code 10

Hello and Welcome to TSF

I moved this to the appropriate forum...

Answer some questions?
1. Do other USB devices work on the system?
2. Is USB enabled in BIOS setup?
3. Is the BIOS up-to-date?
4. Have updated device drivers been tried?
5. Are any USB hubs being used?
6. Is the PC in question a portable (laptop/notebook)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-host-controller-error-code-10-a-232186.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Driver provider is unknown, so I cannot download the correct ethernet controller driver. I've currently tried to update the driver, but it can't find any driver software for it.

A:Ethernet Controller Driver, (Code 28)

Welcome to the forum,

You need a few drivers, can you run this and post the log it creates,

System Information File - Create in Windows

Or,

If this is the computer in your specs, those drivers can be found at this link,

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-H97M-D3H (rev. 1.0)

Just put Windows 7 64 in the choose your OS.

You need to start with the chipset INF and the other two in that section,

Then the Realtek LAN.

You also need your USB 3.0 driver,

And unless you are going to disable the onboard graphics one of those Intel VGA drivers.

You have a GeForce GTX 950 listed in your specs, you'll need drivers for that too.

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/397845-ethernet-controller-driver-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all,

My family and I are traveling abroad for a three week vacation (yay!). The hotel we are staying in (and as is probably the case with future hotels) does not have a WiFi connection. However, there is one ethernet port/cable that we have connected an Acer Aspire One netbook to, and it is currently connected with pretty good speeds. What I'm wondering is, is there any way to set up a secured wireless network through the netbook and the hard port connection? It seems that Windows XP Network Set Up Wizard is really not a whole bunch of help on this particular subject.

Thanks for any help you can give.

A:Set up wireless network through netbook

If you want something easier get an inexpensive wireless router.

You can setup an ad-hoc wireless network between the Aspire One and other computer(s). Don't encrypt the network until after you get it working, 'cause it doesn't always go smoothly and you don't need any extra complications.

Then bridge the ethernet and wireless connections or else enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the ethernet connection. Depending on how the hotel network is setup both these methods may work, or maybe only one, or maybe neither without additional work on your part. Did I mention a wireless router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-up-wireless-network-through-netbook.1002614/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
I have a Tablet PC with Windows 8 Release Preview installed.
The Tablet PC is equipped with a x86 Intel Atom Z670 processor and the Marvell 88w8787 Wifi/Bluetooth chip.
(Also ref. as AZUREWAVE_AW-NM387 WiFi/Bluetooth)

Previously, Windows 7 installed with wifi connection was working good via the Marvell AVATAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor driver installed. File version: 14.57.8025.39, dated: 02/29/2012.

After doing both a upgrade install(keeping Win7 files) and also a CLEAN install of Windows 8 onto this same Tablet PC, my Network Adaptor is stating errors, and not working.

Kindly, how do I go about fixing this problem?

Sincerely, HWayne.
Flatoak Co., Ltd.

A:Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor

Hello,
I'm still having trouble installing a driver that supports by x86 Intel/Atom Z670 Tablet PC running Windows 8.

The WLAN module inside my Tablet PC is from Azurewave.

To be specific, '88F105-012000 WLAN CARD.AW-NM387..802.11 b/g/n SDIO...W/BLUETOOTH(V3.0)..LEAD-FREE..AZUREWAVE'.

My Tablet PC wifi connection worked OK with Windows 7, but now fails with Windows 8.

Any advice and/or recommendation?

BTW, this is related to the earlier POST: Marvell AVATAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor driver installed. File version: 14.57.8025.39, dated: 02/29/2012.

This driver installed and worked for Windows 7, but fails in Windows 8.
This driver is the driver that automatically gets identified by Windows UPDATE for my Tablet PC type.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/7036-marvell-avastar-wireless-n-network-controller-sdio-network-adaptor.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a box that get a dhcp address with the proper gateway and mask it will ping loopback address when I ping the gateway I get general failure It cannot identify the network domain and therefor will not connect and get internet access I can reimage the machine but would like Stops Computer recognizing Network to know the process and reason it cannot communicate with the domain I was attempting to unjoin it from the domain and rejoin the domain When I attempt to rejoin the domain I get a notice that Computer Stops recognizing Network it cannot contact a domain controller I have assigned a static ip mask and dns server address and still the machine will not communicate I have deleted and recreated a host A record in my dns server Then I try to rejoin the domain and still get a message that the dns server successfully querried the dns server for the record and identifies the dns server names but cannot contact a domain controller I have had three machines do this to me I would like to find out how or why this happens in order to prevent any further issues At this point it seems my only option is to reimage the machine and rejoin the domain but I sure would like to better understand how this could happen I have tried flushing cache registering dns reseting assigning static ip Why can I not force this machine to find the Domain controller

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/952641a6-4b0c-4147-8d2f-b68f72de7055/computer-stops-recognizing-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 48.59%

My Epson Workforce 615 printer is not recognizing our network. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

I am using a D-Links 655 router for our networking.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi TSF Last week I put together a computer This is my third and the first two work well This one works almost perfectly however there is one error that I can't seem to get around Windows is having issues connecting to the network I have a functioning ethernet cable plugged in but it isn't recognized When I try to diagnose the problem I get the following error quot Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter driver quot When I look at the device manager the 'Network adapters' node is gone making most of the solutions I've seen for this problem useless My mobo ASRock h m u s LAN driver I downloaded ASRock gt Products gt Motherboard gt H M U S gt Download Atheros Lan driver ver OS Win bit I'll post other specs if needed Thanks in advance for any help I know next to nothing about networking so problems like this tend to scare me

A:Windows not recognizing network adapter

By chance is the Adapter disabled in the BIOS? Have you tried "searching for New Hardware".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-not-recognizing-network-adapter-660272.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently got my vaio laptop fixed (a headphone jack was broken) and now i'm having real difficulty connecting to the internet. The wireless connection has "excellent" connectivity, and everything seems to be working properly, but internet explorer (and firefox) refuse to connect. the really perplexing part of this is that the actual network is being recognized. However, both of my browers are refusing the connection. On firefox, the error message says "The connection was refused" and on IE, the error message says "Internet Explorer could not open search page". Please help!

A:recognizing wireless network, but still can't browse!

That might happen if the router has WEP or WPA enabled, and the laptop doens't have the correct encryption key loaded. Try to disable encryption on the router for a test and see if that helps. You will then have to enable encryption, and make sure you enter matching keys on each end.

Open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recognizing-wireless-network-but-still-cant-browse.419560/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hope the experts in this forum can help me with this very persistent and irritating problem that i've status and 1073741819 - app code Controller Services been having with my Windows XP OS - So a dialogue box pops up saying ' to help protect your computer Windows has closed this program name Services and controller app'- When you click 'close' a furthur dialogue box appears which says that Services exe has terminated unexpectedly Status code - Then a furthur dialogue box appears and a sec countdown begins which restarts the computer Can anyone please help me This occurs everytime the computer restarts and i can't get any work done This Services and Controller app - status code 1073741819 is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Services and Controller app - status code 1073741819 v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files DesktopAuthority DaMaint exeC Program Files DesktopAuthority DesktopAuthority exeC Program Files System Center Operations Manager HealthService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exec windows system slclient exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exeC WINDOWS TEMP RJCCBD EXEC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client CNTAoSMgr exeC WINDOWS system slagent exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system dumprep exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC DOCUME MMCLOU CED LOCALS Temp miniagent exeC Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cedar-foundation org R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www cedar-foundation org R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by NovoscoO - Hosts url adtrgt comO - Hosts googleads gdoubleclick netO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager SystemRoot system mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run systray C windows mstre exeO - HKLM Run OfficeScanNT Monitor quot C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe quot -HideWindowO - HKLM Run Regedit C WINDOWS system regedit exeO - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce TSClientMSIUninstaller cmd exe C quot cscript systemroot Installer TSClientMsiTrans tscuinst vbs quot User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe User 'Default user' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce TSClientMSIUninstaller cmd exe C quot cscript systemroot Installer TSClientMsiTrans tscuinst vbs quot User 'Default user' O - Startup miniagent exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup EPSON Status Monitor Environment Check lnk C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x E SRCV EXEO - Extra context menu item ... Read more

A:Services and Controller app - status code 1073741819

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259456/services-and-controller-app-status-code-1073741819/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Thanks in advance I've been having this problem for around days now and it's infuriating I can't use any of my back USB Controller Code USB Error: 10 Host Renesas ports because of it I'm only going off of the front two ports for a keyboard and mouse as we speak I'll start by saying how this problem started basically I can't determine the cause I usually leave my computer on for extended periods of time but turned it off due to excessive heat in the room When I turned it back on Renesas USB Host Controller Error: Code 10 the problem started Nothing happened any different before restarting than any other time no drivers installed nothing updated etc Now this happens every single time I reboot even when I somehow end up fixing the problem through a weird combination of rebooting reinstalling the drivers and uninstalling the drivers I'm still not sure what exactly fixes it as right now I'm still trying to just constantly uninstall reinstall and restart in hopes it will work as that seemed to fix it a handful of times Anyway on to the problem I get the exclamation point in Device Manager when drivers are installed when I reboot from everything being okay here is the properties and the error code this device cannot start code No amount of disabling enabling the driver fixes it My hardware ID is PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV When I try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers it gets the same problem I've tried several different drivers from different download locations and different file sizes I've also tried pointing the automatic updater to the folders of the drivers to manually install them without the software Renesas USB Host Controller Error: Code 10 which just leads to the same exact problem When the drivers are uninstalled through the device manager the device merely disappears However when I completely uninstall the drivers installed by software via the Control Panel it turns into a default USB controller with error code drivers not installed predictably Reinstalling drivers goes back to step at code Trying to have Windows Update get the drivers automatically doesn't find any drivers Some info about my system Motherboard z mpower usb port hardware is on this mobo BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc V OS Windows bit Service Pack Build Thanks in advance again this problem has been driving me crazy I'm all about solving problems myself as I'm a self-renowned 'techie' but I'm just at a total loss for this case

A:Renesas USB Host Controller Error: Code 10

Since you feel it's a driver issue try System Restore since it will bring you back to the condition 2 days ago (choose proper date).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/renesas-usb-host-controller-error-code-10-a-706433.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys I have a Sony Vaio and i cant Sony VAIO Ethernet 28) (code controller seem to get my ethernet to work Now ive contacted Sony and they have said Sony VAIO Ethernet controller (code 28) that i can buy Sony VAIO Ethernet controller (code 28) a recovery disc of As a student that is way to much money Now i hopefully can explain all this without getting it to packed Ive checked for any drivers on the sony sites The only driver i saw that had some word of ehternet P was 'ethernet driver' and i downloaded that Now the driver installs in like - seconds which seems not right checked at my drivers and still was giving me questionmarks Now there are drivers that come up with a questionmarkthose are in dutch but hopefully experts know what it means -Base system - ethernet controller - sm-buscontroller When right clicked i can search for drivers on the internet but that doesnt work either Last but not least my modelnumber is SVE AA M and my product name is SVE A V EB I hope someone can help me out with this Thanks Tim

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/385795-sony-vaio-ethernet-controller-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all,

I noticed today that my USB3 do not work any more, and after checking device manager, can see a code 10 error for usb xhci compliant host controller

I have tried un-installing and reinstalling this, but still the error.

Trying to update the driver just tells me that the most recent driver is installed.

The option to rollback driver is greyed out.

This worked a few days ago as use these ports a fair bit.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47457-usb-xhci-compliant-host-controller-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

How do i fix High definition audio controller(Code 10) I need full answer how to fix it and why does it happening,please i beg you thank you very much if you read this.(Windows 7)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e88bf6b6-2554-4283-a891-2459c56d4cf9/high-definition-audio-controllercode-10?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I've searched this forum, and others, and haven't found a solution for this problem.

I have no sound for anything. I have a Realtek AC'97 audio, running Windows Service Pack 3. My motherboard is an intel corporation one. My laptop is a sony vaio pcg-z1wamp.

In the Device Manager it shows the following: "Device cannot start (code 10)".

I've tried installing several new drivers; I've uninstalled and installed the device; I've tried updates and some of the solutions suggested on this forum. Nothing has worked.
Hardware issue & problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Realtek AC'97 audio controller, can't start (code 10)

I ran everest, see below
Motherboard:
CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium M, 1687 MHz (17 x 99)
Motherboard Name Sony Corporation PCG-Z1WAMP(UC)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Odem i855PM
System Memory 1024 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (11/21/03)

Display:
Video Adapter MOBILITY RADEON (16 MB)
Video Adapter MOBILITY RADEON (16 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Mobility Radeon (M6)
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor (12001)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801DBM ICH4-M - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-controller-cant-start-code-10.146585/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just replaced the OEM hard drive because of the original HD failure. I re-installed from the original DELL "reinstallation" CD. NOW I can not get to the internet. My devices for the Network show the yellow "?". A code 28 error appears.

Some suggestions to download drivers etc. could work but, if you can't get to the Internet then how do I get the Driver for the Ethernet controller installed?

I am working for my Primary PC to get an answer for this "moronic" Dell problem because of their proprietary motherboard etc.

What I want is to be able to DOWNLOAD the Drivers to my current PC and then copy them to the 8250 and execute the update process there.

Any help/ideas are appreciated.

tt

A:Dell 8250 - CODE 28 (Ethernet Controller).

Download the drivers on another PC and transfer them to the affected PC with a USB thumb drive, hard drive, CD, or DVD.

Here's the link for the downloads for the your Dell: http://support.dell.com/support/dow...D=DIM_PNT_P4_8250&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Its easier to use the Download with Browser option rather then using the Dell Download Manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-8250-code-28-ethernet-controller.924377/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all, for some reason, I'm getting an error code 12 with my sound. This...obviously means it's not working. I just bought the computer(e-machines) which came installed with Windows Vista Home Premium(SP1).

The High-Def sound is integrated, and it appears under System Devices>High Definition Audio Controller.

Quote:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

I don't see how anything is conflicting with it. The only other sound-relevant thing is "System Speaker", which I already tried disabling.

Specz
Manufacturer: Acer
Model: ET1641-02w
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1) (32-BIT)
Processor: Intel Celeron CPU (Numer:E1400) 2.0ghz
Ram: 2048
Graphics: Integrated Nvidea 7050 256MB Shared Memory

Thanks!
Steve

Relevancy 48.59%

First post here. ~~So I recently dealt with a virus, and I reformatted my PC. Everything is working fine, however I cannot connect to the internet via direct connected through cable to my router.

Manufacturer: Cyberpower Inc.

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Operating System: Windows 7 service pack1 64-bit

I saw another post about the same issue that was fixed by getting a motherboard specified driver. I don't know if I can use those drivers seeing as how I don't have the same motherboard. Atleast I don't imagine. I don't know how I'd go about finding out what motherboard I have. I'm a bit of a noobie here.

A:Code (38) ethernet controller driver issue.

Hi Chris and welcome to W7 Forums

This sounds very much like a driver issue. Either it is missing, or it has not installed correctly. Whatever the case, we cannot help you any further until we have details of what hardware we are dealing with. Since you are more than likely to be using a desktop, the make/model number of the motherboard (or computer manufacturer if it is Dell, HP, etc.) will be of great assistance. For laptops, we will still need the manufacturer/model number.

This Tutorial should help you fill in the required information: System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/251031-code-38-ethernet-controller-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Dell Inspiron 14 3421
Intel i3 processor
4GB RAM

I had upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. All the USB ports worked fine for a few days. Then suddenly, the laptop went off while playing the game Thief. (This usually happens when the laptop heats up too much, not a big deal.)

When I turned on the laptop, the two USB 3.0 ports stopped working. There was no power in either of the USB 3.0 ports. I checked this with a mini USB fan.

I went to the device manager and found a yellow triangle before Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.
When I double clicked on it, in the device status box, it showed "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

I thought it was a problem with Windows 10 and degraded the OS to Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and installed and updated all drivers, hoping it would help. But still the same problem exists with the USB 3.0 port.

Please Help!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395590-intel-usb-3-0-extensible-host-controller-code-10-please-help.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I installed Windows on to this computer while off line and used it USB Standard Host 10) Controller--(code OpenHCD for two weeks while off line and it worked perfectly I then connected to the Internet and completed my work before shutting down Upon start up it said do not shut your computer down while updates are being installed and everything was fine then I started back up the next day and no keyboard nor was there any mice Thank goodness for touchscreen for I was able to restart but still no keyboard or mice I then went looking for drivers for the keyboard mice and motherboard I already had the latest and greatest I then went to device manager and found caution on four OpenHSD USB Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller--(code 10) Host Controllers--none could start code I then deleted all the drivers and restarted again but to no avail I then took the computer off the Internet and reinstalled Windows and everything worked great for three days I then reconnected to the Internet and everything went good until I shut down and restarted you guessed it those damn updates again and the same problem again I then went on line and could not believe the number of people with this same problem and as I read the thread's they was being told it was a hardware problem and there is no way in Hades it is hardware it is software Now I realize I Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller--(code 10) am years old and I am no longer the sharpest tack in the box but this is ridiculous Has anyone here come across a solution for this I would really appreciate any help that I can get I put this computer together myself and it uses a Asus Sabertooth FX motherboard AMD Phenom - X - T Processor Thank you Gene

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60669-standard-openhcd-usb-host-controller-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have gone to the Gateway site but there is no driver for this located there. Same for the sticky here that goes to the ACER site (It seems to be invalid). Anyone got any ideas that will help? This laptop has the AMD A6 CPU. Thanks. The laptop is running WIN7 Pro 64 Bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/382649-gateway-nv55s-sm-bus-controller-error-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

my controller was working fine until 1 day when i plugged it in the windows didnt recognise it and a message appeared saying usb device not recognised and the error was code 43.i have lost 2 of my joysticks just like this.pleasss can anybody help????

A:my xbox 360 controller for windows has error code 43

noboby has the solution to this??? please some body help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/176789-my-xbox-360-controller-windows-has-error-code-43-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok I have an Asus Eee pc. One of those 10" deals that had Xp and now has 7 pro installed on it.

It has one gig of ram as well.

My problem that I just don't have an answer to is this.

The laptop works just like I expect it to other than it taking about 2-4 minutes to connect to my wireless network. It drives me nuts.

As it comes out of sleep it has to locate and connect to the network and then it just seems to take forever to load up the home page of the browser. After the wake up and the first page load you can close it and reopen it as many times as you want and it will go fast.

It only takes forever coming out of sleep mode. This problem also happened with xp as well. Any ideas?

I really want it to just get connected as fast as a normal laptop.

A:Netbook with Windows 7 network trouble

try upgrading ram, and maybe considering a faster hdd maybe even a ssd

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59078-netbook-windows-7-network-trouble.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Just loaded windows 7 home premium on my hp netbook 110-3103si. It loaded alright but deleted my drivers including the network so I can't connect to internet to download a driver. How can I get a driver(s) back on the machine?

Tried several sites to download to external hard drive on different computer but it won't install when connected to the netbook.

A:How do I download network drivers to hp netbook

Go to hp website and enter your netbook details into the support section to find the driver. download to harddrive and install

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/216546-how-do-i-download-network-drivers-hp-netbook.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently purchased asus 1005 ha netbook.The problem is that windows says it is not able to connect to network.I think that I put in the wrong security key for my router.My question is how do I go back and change the key.
Thaks

A:Unable to connect netbook to network

Reset your router by pressing the reset switch (usually there is a small hole on the back of your router) this will reset it to its default settings... hope this helps..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/76064-unable-connect-netbook-network.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Can someone help me out -

I have an HP pavillion Desktop - Vista OS Connected to a Lynksys Wireless Router
The Printer is an HP Deskjet 6980 - Wireless Capability but have it cabled to one of the ports on the router. Using Hi speed cable connection for internet.

I can connect my HP DV6000 Notebook no problem (also Vista) but -

I have new Netbook (Acer D150) running XP. I can connect to the internet but can't locate the printer to add it.

Any suggestions???

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey I Controller No Solved: Adapters Missing Network Network - m quite a beginner when it comes to computers but I do know these things Under lt Device Manager gt the Network Controller has a yellow triangle icon with an exclamation mark and as for the network adapters I only have two bluetooth and one Marvell Yukon Ethernet Now I Solved: Network Controller Missing - No Network Adapters just got a new hard drive and I completely reinstalled a clean Windows Home Premium Therefore I m rather sure that my drivers are missing My laptop is a Samsung NP-R -JT US I have downloaded Edit AND installed all the drivers yet the network controller still does not work and I still don t have any wireless Network Adapters I would like to know if this means that my NIC is broken or if I simply need the right driver I have tried to update the drivers but finding them online seems to be impossible and I have no Solved: Network Controller Missing - No Network Adapters CDs or backups What are my options Thanks CubinJ nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

We have around 20 computers that are networked at a small radio station. It's a mix of Windows 7 and Windows XP computers. On Friday, one of the 7 machines has randomly stopped seeing all the computers on the network.

There are only 4 out of 20 showing up on the network. None of the other computers have this issue. Sometimes I am able to manually contect in Windows Explorer using the \\COMPUTERNAME, other times it doesn't work. I've already rebooted the router and switch and tried safemode with Networking and no luck.

A:Windows 7 computer not recognizing all computers on network

Exactly the same issue that just recently happened. I'm thinking a Windows update is causing it.

The strangest aspect is that the number of other computers you see is constantly changing on refresh.
Anywhere from 0-6! Ugh.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371578-windows-7-computer-not-recognizing-all-computers-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey,  I recentely updated my home wireless router. After I changed it my computer stopped identifiying my home wifi. It's literally been a month and I'm struggling. I tried everything possible, downloading a new driver, updating all networks, trouble shooting EVERYTHING. I even called HP and brought it to Geek Squad.  Everyone laptop works besides nine, all the other devices in the house work besides  mine. Extremely fustrasted and need my laptop to attend to my work. Please help me fix this thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-g250-not-recognizing-wifi-network-undefined/td-p/5831874
Relevancy 48.16%

After replacing a power supply and reinstalling windows my computer has not recognized its own ethernet port, a pci slot wireless card, or any other network related hardware. This has been very frustrating because nothing seems to work. Other hardware plugged into the pci slots work fine such as the video card. I have tried adjusting options in the bios and even flashing the bios to a newer version but neither have worked. I had the newest drivers installed for the wireless card and ethernet port installed(realtek) but the hardware is not even recognized at all in the hardware manager. The only device with a yellow question mark was a device labeled as "SM Bus Controller". Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix the issue?

A:Windows XP not recognizing any network related hardware

You need to install the Chipset driver.

What make/model PC? If custom built then post the MB make/model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-not-recognizing-any-network-related-hardware-525148.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello people Here is the situation v.3.12 - not Netware drive computers recognizing network We have an old server running NetWare v Yes it s as old as the hills Yesterday Netware v.3.12 - computers not recognizing network drive three of our computers suddenly did not have network access The only thing we know that happened is the power went off to the building However the server is plugged into an APC machine which should have kept it running Maybe that has nothing to do with it There are six total machines which normally are attached to the server Now when we try to run our applications which are located on the server we get an error message that says quot The drive or network that the shortcut refers to is unavailable Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and then try again quot There is no f drive on My computer I am thinking that I have to access the server and possibly re-add users I know that computers were logged in under the same user In fact it s the same three that lost access Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Netware v.3.12 - computers not recognizing network drive

Hopefully Squashman will come along, I think he uses Netware, though probably not version 3!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netware-v-3-12-computers-not-recognizing-network-drive.616454/
Relevancy 48.16%

OK SO I HAVE TWO COMPUTERS running Windows Xp that are CONNECTED TO A ROUTER THEN CONNECTED TO A MODEM, COM1 THE INTERNET WORKS FINE, AND IS SHOWING A LAN CONNECTION WORKING, AND INTERNET GATEWAY CONNECTED, AND THE ROUTER SHOWS UP ON THE MY NETWORK PLACES. ALSO MY WIFI WORKS FINE TOO! BUT COM2 CANT SURF THE WEB, IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE ROUTER IN MY NETWORK PLACES, AND THE INTERNET GATEWAY IS NOT SHOWING UP IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS, BUT THE LAN IS, AND IS SHOWING A CONNECTION. i have tried restarting everything, i tried connecting the COM2 straight to the modem, tried new either cables, nothing wrong with my service or modem or router, its just the COM2, Please help im so ready to give up right now! Thanks in advance Patricia

Relevancy 48.16%

Please help!! I Installed an optional update for my lan network card on the 17th of this month and since then the lan card is not recognizing my ethernet cable. I tried to uninstall the update but it won't let me.....i have tried everything under the sun to get the connection working and i finally realized that the update may have affected the connection.

I am stuck at this point......

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/261983-lan-network-card-not-recognizing-my-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I set up a network several years ago with help from you guys. The network was to use a printer between an old desktop with XP and a laptop with Vista. This has worked very well until several weeks ago. I would logon to the network on the laptop through the desktop, type in the password and I was good to go. Suddenly the password does not work. The printer works fine through the desktop. We have had several lightening storms in our area recently. Any advice appreciated! Thanks!

Relevancy 48.16%

I have just installed Windows 7 Pro on my desktop. I am connecting the Ethernet cable directly from the router to the computer and it says that the drivers are missing.
I have a linksys cisco model number wrt400n and a Scientific Atlanta modem.
I cannot seem to find the drivers needed.

A:Error code 28 on Ethernet controller (Missing Drivers)

Hi sups9,

It is likely that the drivers for the 'Ethernet Card' installed in the computer are not installed. Please Check its status in 'Device Manager': Click 'Start' > Type 'devmgmt.msc' (without quotations) in the 'Search Box' > Tap 'Enter' (Device Manager appears) > Locate and Expand 'Network Adapters' > Check if a 'question mark/exclamation mark' is observed besides any 'network device' (You may also look through the whole list to see if any other device is listed with such a mark, under 'Other Devices')

If yes, right click the 'Device' > Click 'Properties' > Click 'Details' tab > Select 'Hardware ID' from the 'Property Drop Down' > Capture and share 'Hardware ID details'.

Do reply with the findings; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/280036-error-code-28-ethernet-controller-missing-drivers.html
Relevancy 48.16%

hey guys I'm new to this forum. I have a problem with finding appropriate Audio driver after installing windows7. My multimedia audio controller must have not carried over from windows XP or is incompatible.
I already tried downloading a Realtek audio driver and think i followed directions correctly, however there is still no sound and the error message has not gone away. ergo, no sound. I took some screen caps to help you guys see what I've done so far

PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER FIND ITS VOICE :P

A:Multimedia Audio controller error code 28. where&what kind should I DL

Hello and welcome to the forums, cogitoergonom!

Please fill up the rest of your system specs by following this tutorial so we can help you better:-

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/238141-multimedia-audio-controller-error-code-28-where-what-kind-should-i-dl.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone!.I have an issue here and hopefully someone can help. Somehow files on my system got corrupt. I was informed to place my Windows XP CD in the tray and restart the computer. After restart, I would be able to perform a repair or a new installation. But you know Murphy,s Law! When my computer begins to boot, Ireceive the following message, "Fast Track Controller is not attached to any drive. This is Code7".
First, I have no idea what this is. Secondly, I have set the BIOS to boot from the floppy and the CD ROM. Neither one works. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:Fast Track Controller not attached to any drive. Code 7

i know that its something to do with bios i though im not fammiler with it personally.
i did however manage to scroung this up i quote

the problem is that the onboard Promise raid controller has no drive plugged into it but has not been disabled in the Bios.

hit Del at the POST screen to enter the Bios, then under the "Advanced" menu, submenu "Onboard devices configuration" set "Onboard Promise Controller" to disabled and the job's done.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fast-track-controller-not-attached-to-any-drive-code-7-a-114845.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Greetings to all,

I'm operating Windows XP and installed Audigy Sound Blaster and driver from Audigy online, but still no sound. I went to Control Panel > Add Hardware. The panel says that my Multimedia Audio Controller is not operating because the driver is not installed-Code 28. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

A:Audio Controller is not operating because the driver is not installed-Code 28.

Try reinstalling the chipset driver off your motherboard cd and then reboot...then reinstall the audio driver and reboot...that should solve your problem

If you dont know these details, use the following program to post back your mobo and chipset details..

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-controller-is-not-operating-because-the-driver-is-not-installed-code-28.75873/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I don't know what's wrong with this.I have no sound for anything. and even when I try to stream videos in the internet, the video automatically pauses for about every 12 seconds.

I don't know what to do but I think you guys can help me.
I also have a Realtek AC'97 audio for VIA(R) audio controller. I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 3. My motherboard is VIA VT8237R plus.

I'm having the same problem:
Device cannot start( code 10)

I also tried to install that vinyl_v700b
but every time the installation starts, my conputer tends to restart. That's why I can't install that one.
what's wrong? Can you guys please tell me what to do?
thnx. I cant really watch videos nor play music files.

Thanks again.

A:Realtek AC'97 audio controller not working -- error (code 10)

Apart from the audio driver, it is critical to have the right chipset driver installed. The VIA southbridge needs to work properly to interface with the vinyl audio processor.
So try installing the chipset driver first, and then the audio driver. And of course make sure all MS updates are installed, including the MS UAA driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-controller-not-working-error-code-10.183501/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all please see attached dxdiag for my system specs note that this is a big desktop PC this morning i noticed a device in the device manger which isn't working properly Normally if it's not a major issue i'd consider that sort of thing a silly nitpick However i'm currently experiencing a major problem which manager: controller, device in USB host Code 43 Unknown shall have its own thread later and i need to start eliminating possible suspects i tried to research this little issue and i found some steps that seem really good for major discrete components unfortunately usb host controller is a generic entity i'm not honestly sure if it even corresponds to any particular usb headers or external ports I've already tried the basic steps of disabling enabling it un reinstalling the device restarting the computer leaving it powered off for five minutes etc anyways details the device is listed under the Universal Serial Bus controllers section of the manager as Unknown Device When i open up the properties menu i see the following info Device type USB controllers Manufacturer Standard USB Host Controller Location Port Hub Device Status Windows has Unknown device in manager: USB host controller, Code 43 stopped this device because it has reported problems Code going by instructions i found Unknown device in manager: USB host controller, Code 43 elsewhere i was trying to hunt through the details tab for the hardware ID Unfortunately that option only reports the value USB UNKNOWN so far the only ray of hope i've found was some mentions of a problem related to laptop batteries unfortunately this is a desktop PC so that advice wasn't applicable please provide advice and troubleshooting steps

A:Unknown device in manager: USB host controller, Code 43

Well...the first thing I would do...is delete all "controller" items under USB in Device Manager.  Not bother with "hubs" or any other listings, just the items with "conrroller" in the listed description under USB.

Reboot after removing all such.

Code 43 Errors

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542757/unknown-device-in-manager-usb-host-controller-code-43/
Relevancy 48.16%

Greetings I access this forum seeking controller Nforce Networking 10 Nvidia error code help on my current problem described as such I am recieving an error on my nvidia nforce network controller wich is the Nvidia Nforce Networking controller error code 10 built in ethernet on my Biostar Motherboard NF -A this Code error as u already know its described as quot This device Cannot Start quot I have already tried reintalling all drivers onthe nvidia products the Mobo has and it didnt work ive disabled enabled manually from the Hardware manager and uninstalling and installing none of em work What i do know is that it started when i reset my router and all of a sudden my computer did not want to conect to the internet what i usually did when that happened is disable enable the conection wich just resets the IP in the conection as u again i say Probably Know the problem is that when i tried disabling it at that same moment my computer just crashed and restarted no erros screens tho just restarted When the computer came back up the ethernet was quot working quot but no conectivity to internet Let me tell u that it was not my Modem or the router cus my sister on her comp was working perfectly i then tried repairing the conection since i was starting to dislike the disable option from the last result and when i did repair it crashed again After a few crashes what hapened was the computer just stoped recognizing the drivers or the device wich now has a permanent Error Code quot This Device Cannot Start quot on the Device Manager screen Yellow Exclamation mark and all on top of the Nvidia Nforce Networking controller device I currently am conected thru a wireless on the same computer but i preffer my ethernet conection since the wireless router im using atm is not the best of routers henceforth making the conection slower I do want to fix this cus im a gamer and i do preffer the steady good conection i had TY for reading this if u do and hope u can help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-nforce-networking-controller-error-code-10.719205/
Relevancy 48.16%

So, I have a brand new HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC. The other day, all the USB ports stopped working. Looks like I have a couple unknown divices missing drivers. This is what I get.. AMD USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller 0100 (Microsoft) Code 28.  I cant find this driver anywhere, even on the AMD website. I've also updated my BIOS and chipset and just about everything else I can think of and the USB ports still dont work. They get power, I can charge a phone through them, but the laptop doesnt see what is connected.  Anyone know where to find this driver? Thanks

A:AMD USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller 0100 (Microsoft) Code...

Hi @KFM1 , Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue on your HP Pavilion 15 Notebook and the USB not working correctly. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices. I would go to the device manager and uninstall any USB devices. Restart the notebook. Here is a driver for your Notebook and Windows 8.1. I would be happy to assist if needed. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Please let me know. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/AMD-USB-3-0-Extensible-Host-Controller-0100-Microsoft-Code/td-p/4680024
Relevancy 48.16%

Yesterday I did a fresh install of windows 7 home premium. Everything went well, until I installed the drivers for the motherboard. I have an Asus Sabertooth z77 motherboard. I installed all the drivers with the installation disc's I already had laying around. I have uploaded five images which may be helpful.

I will translate the last image
" The drivers for this device are not installed" (Code 28). No driver is chosen for the deviceinformationkit or the element(?). Press update driver to find a driver for this device."

If you need any of the other images translated, just post a reply in the thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/394672-driver-usb-controller-not-found-error-code-28-dev-manager.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just Replaced My old Internal CD/RW (Memorex) with a Shiny New LG GCE-8526B, And I was told by the Manufacturer to make it the Secondary Master. Oh, I'm running 98SE on a Pheonix 1100 Gb , with 288 mg Ram. And a 30 gig HD! With 23 gigs of FREE SPACE left!
I've gone to VIA to update all the Drivers and I am still getting this code 10 thing!! So, I update it, again, and Everything looks Great in the Device Manager!
But the CD/rw is NOT Recognised or does it read ANYTHING I put in it. Do I have
a NEW DOORSTOP, or what??

Relevancy 48.16%

My Acer Aspire (previously Windows 7 Home Premium) was a sluggish computer, was too many useless programs I have installed. I wanted to start all over and reinstall Windows 7 using a disc. I did a Windows 7 professional custom installation, and my Acer was like brand new, but the problem is, I cannot connect to the internet using wi-fi or ethernet. I checked Device Manager and I saw under the Other Devices tabs that Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, and PCI Simple Communications Controller have the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. The status for the devices say The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28) and everytime I try to install driver the device driver software was not successfully installed. Any ideas to fix this without opening out my laptop? (very risky)

A:Ethernet Controller drivers for this device are not installed Code 28

Hi zak970 <Welcome to the forums go here Acer | Download and enter your model # and get the drivers you need

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300902-ethernet-controller-drivers-device-not-installed-code-28-a.html