Windows Support Forum

Mozilla interrupting Music

Q: Mozilla interrupting Music

So, as I rock my tunes on WMP....and surf the web using Firefox. As I load new pages, my sound breaks, and when it stops loading...it's fine again.

P4 2.8ghz
1GB DDR RAM
Radeon 9200
200GB Hard Drive

My machine is not slow at all...but I dont know what's wrong with it. Maybe it's the browser...maybe it's the music...I just wanna fix it.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mozilla interrupting Music

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Mozilla interrupting Music

my computer is much slower than yours and i use firefox and listen to music all the time. i dont have that problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mozilla-interrupting-music.80878/
Relevancy 54.61%

I use windows xp. When I open mozilla ms pacman music plays. I can go to any page I want but the music plays in the background. I mistakenly hit the solved key for this problem. Sorry. I'm new .

Relevancy 47.3%

I have tried setting the DEP for Windows programs only. I have tried the other setting, which allows you to choose which programs are exceptions. But both ways, sometimes when I open a new tab, the DEP message pops up and says that IE has to close and asks if I want to sent a report.

How can I get rid of this thing? Do I really need DEP? Maybe it's configured incorrectly?

Relevancy 46.87%
Relevancy 46.87%

Okay gurus, I've got a really annoying problem that I can't sort out. Would really appreciate if anyone's got any ideas ...

Problem: Every 30 seconds something interrupts whatever I'm doing on the system. E.g. if I'm typing in a word processor, the word pro application window goes dead, and whatever characters I've typed for a couple seconds during the interrupt are lost, then the word pro window regains control after a couple seconds.

In the Task Manager I see that a PowerShell process pops up every time this happens, then disappears after a second or two.

The Event Viewer shows this ...

http://i.imgur.com/xdKqFQH.jpg

WSMan appears to indicate a remote process?

How do I figure out what app or whatever is doing this??

Thanks!

A:Something Keeps Interrupting My System

Run a virus check and a firewall program and see if they report anything!
Powershell is used to write scripts so somewhere you have one started or scheduled.

Also use msconfig to show a start up list and post it in a reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-keeps-interrupting-my-system.1146817/
Relevancy 46.87%

undefinedundefinedundefined

Just wondering. I have Windows XP. If I decide I don't want a web page to finish, and want to move on, is it best to first click on the red X up in the tool bar, to stop it, before clicking on the next link I want? Or is it OK to just go on to another link even if the present page isn't finished. Seems I remember with W95 that doing that could sometimes cause a lockup or other such problem. Thanks.

A:Interrupting a web page

Just input your next address and press enter/click go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/interrupting-a-web-page.279278/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hiya!

My problem is that i'll be browsing the internet (IE.6), and playing back my music files in ITunes (latest version).....if I load a new page in IE, or it has a lot of activity on that page, my mp3's will 'stutter' or 'hiccup'.(Ps. not all the time, just occasionally)
Everything seemed ok until I updated ITunes, as the older version seemed ok (I would reinstall, but the new one has a lot of new and useful features!) I had this trouble on my old desktop years ago, so maybe it's just me!
Is this a memory problem on my PC, an Itunes problem or ? problem?!
More importantly, what can I do about it?!

Thanks Techguys!!

Rob

A:Browsing interrupting mp3's..

Yes, it could be a lack of memory - a quick fix is to set the iTunes process' priority to above normal or high - but this could make your browsing slower. To do this, go to task manager (Alt-Ctrl-Del) and right click the iTunes process in the "processes" tab. Select set priority and set it to high.

Happy surfin'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browsing-interrupting-mp3s.662302/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Guys,

So I finally assembled my PC after 6 months and tried to start. It started and after a couple of minutes, BSOD caused it to restart but it never started again. Monitor showed "Entering Power saving Mode". After 5-7 minutes, I started it again but before I could see login screen, I saw Blue Screen and then it tried to restarted and as usual it never started.

I hope you guys have a solution.
PC: 4 Year Old
Intel E5400/DG31PR mobo
2GB DDR2 RAM.
Windows 7 32-bit

Thanks,
BM

A:BSOD interrupting PC start

Hi,

Please refer to the following and reply back accordingly with the required information - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-interrupting-pc-start-935674.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I run Tradestation, Firefox and Outlook 2003. Numerous times now for several months I get random bsod's sometimes while just watching the screen, in the middle of the night when it's idle, or while dragging a window. When I'm dragging a window the video will sometimes breakup first. Here are the specs...

Win7 32, OEM, originally installed 12/08 on new machine I built and never re-installed.
Chip - Intel E8500
MB - Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
PS - Corsair 650
VC - This was replaced 6/11 with an XFX brand ATI HD 5750 because the machine developed obvious video problems with the old card.
The machine is mildly OC'd.
I regularly install AMD's Catalyst driver updates and Window's updates as well. Also do weekly maintenance with Malwarebytes, WindowWasher,RegistryMechanic, and run Diskeeper and Viper antivirus continuously. No problems w/machine until last few months, except for needing to replace the video card.

Files attached, and thanks very much for any advice/help.

David

A:BSOD interrupting work

Another BSOD this afternoon with verifier.exe running. The dump files from 2 crashes today are attached.

DB

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-interrupting-work-649078.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When ii switch on my PC the loading screen comes up for a few seconds. The screen then goes black for up to 90 seconds then startup resumes.

I've tried uninstalling the reinstalling the graphic card & checked for the latest driver but no change. Any other things I can try?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/74940-something-temporarily-interrupting-startup.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello My issue is that When I turn on my computer now and log in my Wireless Internet Card will say limited to no connectivity my gf's computer right beside it has no issues and when I look at my running processes lmgrd exe is going crazy with resources and popping up a few Internet - Viral Possible Infection Interrupting versions of Pixard exe which are using a lot of resources too These files have never been a problem before they are the Lisencing and Lisence App for Pixar's Renderman used for D rendering Just tonight this problem Possible Viral Infection - Interrupting Internet has started I have run full virus scans and spyware scans and come up with nothing conclusiveI ran a HiJackThis and here is my log for itLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Tablet exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirGCFG exeC Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeC Program Files ASUS Ai Booster OverClk exeC Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEye exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exeC WINDOWS system Wtablet TabUserW exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfimon exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC PROGRA Lavasoft AD-AWA Ad-Aware exeC WINDOWS system SearchFilterHost exeC Documents and Settings PrimalOrB Desktop New Folder HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO URLLink Class - A AACF -ADF - D - A - E B E - C Program Files NewDotNet newdotnet dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run D-Link AirPlus G C Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirGCFG exeO - HKLM Run ANIWZCS Service C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeO - HKLM Run Launch Ai Booster quot C Program Files ASUS Ai Booster OverClk exe quot O - HKLM Run ASUS Probe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exeO - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run iTunesHel... Read more

A:Possible Viral Infection - Interrupting Internet

Hi PrimalOrB,

We're studying your log and will be back to you a.s;a.p.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66221/possible-viral-infection-interrupting-internet/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I would just like to tell you all of a very useful tool. It patches termsrv.dll (RDP) to allow the following features.

I take NO CREDIT for this tool btw.

The tool does multiple things. It allows you to:

1. Fully use Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 7 Home Premium and Basic (Client and Host RDP)

2. Connect to more than one computer at the same time with RDP

3. Log into a computer without interrupting the user on the computer (you can even log on with their account and they won't know)

4. Use RDP to log onto an account without a password

Note: You will need to allow Port TCP 3389 in your Firewall to allow this to work.

Download link: Attachment 151889

A:Log into multiple RDP sessions and without interrupting user

do you install this on your client computer or the one you're trying to connect to? (multiple connections being attempted, possibly on different ports)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160099-log-into-multiple-rdp-sessions-without-interrupting-user.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I'm John A struggling silver surfer Comuter literate but not a 'techie' and sometimes a bit slow trying to understand the relatively simple jargon Yesterday was fine Mundane work on this laptop A bit of Word Processing check Yahoo and Google em every action! interrupting message, Error ils continue with a MSWorks Database of my family and contacts I'm creating Oh and I also used my BBC IPlayer No new installations or apps tho' there could have been 'background' updating - during the day - of windows avg and others I'm always unaware of And I have excellent AVG Think its ver Booting up today a surprising pest I find lots of errors And later as I click each new different task then continued working the following individual examples boxes keep flashing up with the Titles chrome updater exe Bad Image BTHelpBrowser exe Bad Image setup exe Bad Image iexplorer exe Bad Image chrome exe Bad Image wmpnscfg exe Bad Image BBCiPlayer Desktop Bad Image ONENOTEM exe Bad Image and so onwith each message the same quot C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GEOC DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system Error message, interrupting every action! administrator or the software vendor for support quot O K From my now lengthy experience of this happening with nearly every click I'm guessing it's a minor problem Thank you for taking the time to read this Best regards

A:Error message, interrupting every action!

GOEC62~1.DLL is a file that is normally assoicated with Google. This product is part of the google desktop software. Many spyware programs or companies will often use similiar names so always check to make sure the hard disk location is correct for this file, it is shown below. GOEC62~1.DLL is not considered to be spyware and is considered a safe program. (See the details below for the actual location of this file.)

Check out
Goec62~1.dll file details - What is goec62~1.dll?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-interrupting-every-action-555131.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I got my new comp yesterday and it was working fine but during critical updates the power cord came unplugged and since then my computer won't work. When I press the power button it turns on for a second or two, then immediately turns off, then just continues doing this in an endless loop restart cycle. I cannot access bios and my monitor does not turn on during the few seconds that the computer has power. My power cord does not work in my current old desktop and the power cord from my old desktop does not work in my new pc..

is my computer broken, or is there a fix?
Might just ship it back Monday for a replacement.

I have tried inserting the windows 8 disc, but computer doesn't stay on long enough to do anything. I've also pressed f2, f8, f10, f12 all of those and nothing works or causes the computer to respond.

A:New computer broke after interrupting update

Sounds like something is glitched big time or you have a hardware failure.

There are ways to try a BIOS install using a USB drive in the old days. Not sure it is possible with UEFI systems though. Easiest, send it back.

A bit confused by this: " My power cord does not work in my current old desktop and the power cord from my old desktop does not work in my new pc.."

Do you have a known good power cord?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/36458-new-computer-broke-after-interrupting-update.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Toshiba Satellite Radius laptop. I wanted to reset it to default factory settings so its back to how I bought it.

After turning on the laptop, I pressed the 0 key, and it took me to Windows 8 recovery screen. I clicked on reset, and I said to erase all files.

The resetting process is taking a long long time. Only 24% completed in 1.5hrs.

Can I purposely interrupt the resetting process by holding the "power" button to turn the laptop off?

I am unsure if this resetting is occurring through Windows 8's recovery/reset feature, or it is a Toshiba software on the participation...

A:Purposely Interrupting Windows 8 Reset

Don't do that, you may brick windows and computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/59041-purposely-interrupting-windows-8-reset.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello Loads errors installation interrupting after IE9 of Last week I tried to install IE after some annoying pop-ups The installation got interrupted somehow I didn't care about that because I would never use that browser anyway Soon I realised I was not able to use Windows Live Messenger anylonger After logging in an error occurs quot Can't find ordinal in DLL-files iertutil dll quot translated from dutch so it could be a little different in English After this error msn closes directly I did some research and I read I could fix this problem by editing some internetoptions in the control panel But when I click on Loads of errors after interrupting installation IE9 internetoptions nothing happens MSN isn't the only application giving this error I experienced the same error in some other applications like paint NET Also I Loads of errors after interrupting installation IE9 can't open VMWare anylonger It runs in processes but on screen nothing happens Skype closes directly after crashing WOW won't start anylonger These are just some of the problems I experienced in the last days I scanned my computer on viruses with NOD without any results Thanks in advance

A:Loads of errors after interrupting installation IE9

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

I think the most pain-free option would be a system restore to a point before you installed IE9.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190519-loads-errors-after-interrupting-installation-ie9.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have BOINC running on my laptop, (Google it if need be, but it is non-essential to this post) and it came with a screensaver that shows information on projects I am running etc etc. Some of the things that come up have keyboard controls to navigate through different areas on a certain project. This would be great if the screensaver didn't disappear as soon as I pressed something.

Basically, long story short, is there a way that I can disable screensaver interruption via keystrokes, even if I have to install new software? This would mean a wiggle of the mouse or trackpad would still stop screensaving. I remember in previous versions on windows there was some sort of option like this. (Heck I remember screensavers with games on windows 95/98) Or is it perhaps these interactions are meant to be used elsewhere, although I don't know how that would work.

Hope you can help

Thanks!

A:Stopping keystrokes from interrupting screensaver

Hi Matthew, welcome to Windows EightForums!

You could try disabling 'Allow this device to wake the computer' in keyboard settings.
Control Panel►Keyboard►Keyboard Properties 'Hardware' tab►Properties dialog box►Change settings dialog box►Power Management tab on next window►uncheck 'Allow this device to wake the computer'►click OK...

You could try, maybe it'll do the trick.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/42045-stopping-keystrokes-interrupting-screensaver.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi All - I'm new here and need some help please System Specs Dell Inspiron GB RAM TB HD Windows Home Premium Office I was Win 8 interrupting work updates automatic in the middle of doing a presentation the other day and received a pop up saying the system needed to shut down and update I hit the quot delay quot button but the system continued to count down and then shut off restarted and for the next minutes I couldn't use the system as it went through the update process This was enormously frustrating and embarrassing since I was trying to do a client presentation at Win 8 automatic updates interrupting work the time After this debacle I reset the update option in Windows Win 8 automatic updates interrupting work to quot always ask before downloading or installing updates quot and thought this would resolve the problem allowing me to choose when to download and install any updates However this morning I was working on the laptop thankfully not when I was trying to do anything important and the exact same thing happened again The update options are still set to ask before doing downloads or installs Can someone please Win 8 automatic updates interrupting work tell me how to stop this from occurring again FYI I am not a computer expert so I'd appreciate an explanation that is designed for the less knowledgeable Thanks folks -

A:Win 8 automatic updates interrupting work

I've noticed this too. I have selected to delay an update but it restarted regardless, I also had a warning come up that it will restart my PC in two days in order to complete updates. With Windows 7 I would periodically go through manually updating my PC, usually on a Wednesday or Thursday, but have found that many updates don't install correctly when I try and do this with Windows 8, so it would be interesting to see if this is an issue or if it's just something that I didn't set up right when I installed Windows.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/23738-win-8-automatic-updates-interrupting-work.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a LONG download queue in my DAP program, and in order to do things efficiently (multiple ongoinging tasks simultaneously) I want to download my files while I watch a long movie on my PC. However every time one d/l finishes the new download brings up the DAP dialogue box which interrups the movie and I must manually minimize it each time (a REAL pain.) Is there a feature in DAP which will let me watch my video without these constant interruptions while I am downloading with DAP? Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-accelerator-plus-interrupting-movie.237697/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm a technician myself and have been doing support on PCs for a few years One of my past at the Can't house boot since the interrupting power customers just contacted me recently stating that he was helping his dad on the house and ended up tripping the broker and that I'm assuming means the power was interrupted He's now getting Can't boot since interrupting the power at the house an error when booting up stating Code find --set-root --ignore-floppies --ignore-cd wedaolu error file not found press any key to continue When pressing any key the result below is displayed Code grub dos - - memory k m menuend x b a windows with SLIC Loader default windows without Can't boot since interrupting the power at the house loader windows with SLIC Loader use alternative method windows with SLIC Loader use low memory windows with SLIC Loader full debug output windows with SLIC Loader more forceful - may crash load externel menu menu st grub command line I've never seen this before in the few years I've been dealing with PC Can anyone assist me with this I've booted up using the Windows boot CD and ran a startup repair however it didn't find the problem I've ran the following commands and came out with no luck Code bcdedit export C BCD Backup c cd boot attrib bcd -s -h -r ren c boot bcd bcd old bootrec RebuildBcd Trying to prevent reinstalling the OS

A:Can't boot since interrupting the power at the house

hmmm interesting. if you could somehow create another partion and install the OS it might help...thing is you need some bootable OS or partition manager. (i'll just throwing ideas).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-boot-since-interrupting-the-power-at-the-house-570031.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Please help Malware I believe is restricting my ability to use Google perform a system restore or go to the Microsoft Update site I can get to the Google hompage but when I press search it shows done at the bottom of the screen Use and Restore Malware Google Interrupting System with no search results When I try to do a system restore it hangs up at the point you select restore When I go to the MS Update site IE stops responding As far as I can tell i it removed every MS Security Update I applied Malware Interrupting Google and System Restore Use over the last years ii was identified by the MS Malicious SW Removal Tool but not deleted run showed infections only deleted and iii terminated my access to the HJT site with FAQ for uploading logs It may have occured as I was watching TV episodes online through Yidio strange things started to happen as I watched The HJT log is attached Please let me know if you need additional information Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jeff Jefferson at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA AT amp TNE NetCfgSv EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files ThinkVantage AMSG Amsg exe C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system FSRremoS EXE C Program Files Hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files IBM Infoprint Select ipnotify exe C WINDOWS system Pelmiced exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Documents and Settings Jeff Jefferson Start Menu Programs Startup HPZinw exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Jeff Jefferson Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www cnn com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLL BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files goog... Read more

A:Malware Interrupting Google and System Restore Use

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232256/malware-interrupting-google-and-system-restore-use/
Relevancy 45.15%

Yesterday, I started up my computer and chkdsk was running. Believing it wouldn't take longer than a hour, I let it check files. Desperately wanting to use my computer, I took a risk to restart the computer by holding the power button, which ended in up with the BSOD. I'm guessing the chkdsk had deleted or changing some important files when I turned it off.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer
manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

A:BSOD after interrupting chkdsk: error 0xc000000f

Quote: Originally Posted by zjames

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

That is: STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE > {File Not Found} The file %hs does not exist.

Test your HDD using Seatools for DOS.
(* If it gives errors, no need to do the later part of the post)

Download Partition wizard Bootable CD (the last one in the link). Burn it in a blank CD or in a USB flash stick.

Boot into Partition Wizards GUI following this instructions. When you are on the last screen, take a camera snap of the screen and upload the snap here.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

We need to see the partitions and parameters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371039-bsod-after-interrupting-chkdsk-error-0xc000000f.html
Relevancy 45.15%

About days ago my main web browser Firefox started having problems with displaying pages like there was no internet connection and the same goes for Internet Explorer My connection is fine other computer on same network is flawless and I m also logged on AIM the entire time with no disconnects I can not figure out why or what is causing this problem I ve tried a system restore and booting up in safe mode with no success I m using AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition and Solved: is Explorer Something interrupting Firefox/Internet Zone Alarm Firewall free edition I ve ran ATF-Cleaner CCleaner and Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware everything came back normal clean Also I ve uninstalled reinstalled Firefox and Zone Alarm and that didn t help anything When i first viewed this page http download zonealarm com bin free pressReleases LossOfInternetAccessIssue html i thought i found the answer to my problem As it turns out This update is over a month old and stats that Windows Vista Users were not affected I m guessing this is why when i try to download it and install it as i m using Vista an error message pops up saying quot You Solved: Something is interrupting Firefox/Internet Explorer do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications Please rerun this installation from an administrators account quot Even though i am using my admin account Here is a HiJackThis Log and a ComboFix Log- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Razer Habu razerhid exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Razer Habu razertra exe C Program Files Razer Habu razerofa exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Windows system notepad exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Travis Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateReg quot C Windows system jureg exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Habu C Program Files Razer Habu razerhid exe O - HKLM Run... Read more

A:Solved: Something is interrupting Firefox/Internet Explorer

marked solved per user, no known fix.

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-something-is-interrupting-firefox-internet-explorer.741414/
Relevancy 45.15%

Yesterday, I started up my computer and chkdsk was running. Believing it wouldn't take longer than a hour, I let it check files. Desperately wanting to use my computer, I took a risk to restart the computer by holding the power button, which ended in up with the BSOD. I'm guessing the chkdsk had deleted or changing some important files when I turned it off.Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer. 2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."3. Click "Repair your computer."If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance. File: \Boot\BCDStatus: 0xc000000fInfo: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

A:BSOD after interrupting chkdsk: error 0xc000000f

Hi -

Sorry to hear about this. More than likely, the early termination of chkdsk likely caused this problem.  Why were you running chkdsk?  Do you believe there is a problem with the hard drive or did Windows run chkdsk on its own?

See if you can boot into Recovery and run Windows System Restore.  You can also allow Windows to repair the system.

An "F" key, ESC, or combination of F keys should bring up the recovery partition, assuming your system has one.  If you bought the system with Windows pre-installed, it should have a recovery partition.

If you can't figure out how to boot into recovery, please post back with the system manufacturer and exact model number (if laptop,  turn it over & look on the bottom for a product/model number).  I can then attempt to find the owner's manual to find the boot-up Recovery key sequence.

The most common Recovery "F" key is F10.  Also try F12, F2.  If HP/Compaq, try pressing ESC during boot-up.

You could also try booting into Safemode -- press F8 key repeatedly during boot-up; select "Last known good configuration".  This would be the easiest to try first, but I'm not sure if the system will boot into Safemode with damaged boot configuration data.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577444/bsod-after-interrupting-chkdsk-error-0xc000000f/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am having a rather irritating issue with something running on Windows XP. Every so often a task will open and immediately close on the taskbar. No window pops up or anything, and I have not noticed any pattern that can cause it.

This 'task' will minimize any full screen program I happen to be running, it will interrupt my screensaver... etc. I have no idea what is causing this and I am just frustrated and sick and tired of it. I hope somebody has experienced this and can help me fix the issue.

A:Hidden task interrupting full screen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason__00

I am having a rather irritating issue with something running on Windows XP. Every so often a task will open and immediately close on the taskbar. No window pops up or anything, and I have not noticed any pattern that can cause it.

This 'task' will minimize any full screen program I happen to be running, it will interrupt my screensaver... etc. I have no idea what is causing this and I am just frustrated and sick and tired of it. I hope somebody has experienced this and can help me fix the issue.

Hi Jason_00. Welcome to TSF!

By the sound of things, you might be having a spyware/malware issue on your computer.
Having said that, I suggest that you go to the link in my signature. "The 5 Steps", and read the instructions carefully; then, lodge a HJT log in the HJT Forum, where one of the trained analysts will assist you with your issue.
Please be patient, as they are usually very busy in the HJT Forum; so if you have not had a reply to your request in say, 48 hours, go back to your thread and type "Bump". This will then bring you back to the front page and the attention of the HJT Staff.

Good Luck with it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hidden-task-interrupting-full-screen-127247.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My PC has some type of malware virus that is interrupting applications interrupting [SOLVED] Virus/Malware running applications It interrupts printing apps internet explorer apps and also interrupted the gmer exe I have included the DDS and the zip folder for Attach The following note is what pops up when the applications stop A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is available Dell Inspiron bit [SOLVED] Virus/Malware interrupting applications operating system Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack Dell Photo DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Mary at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live disabled Updated DAE- F - D - - E CFFDAA SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs [SOLVED] Virus/Malware interrupting applications C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows system AERTSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil h ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Mary Downloads dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-virus-malware-interrupting-applications-504435.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My vaio computer started shutting down I tried to disrupt the shutdown by reopening my browser It completely shutdown anyway it then proceeded to update Windows I did not want the update so I force shut it down by holding the on off button till it fully shutoff this may or may not have anything to do with my current run in with the bsod however in the days following up to the current 0x000000F4 interrupting error Update, after Windows BSOD debacle BSOD after interrupting Windows Update, error 0x000000F4 bitdefender my current antivirus has constantly been bothering me with an error message window that keeps popping up no matter how many times I close it I tried to reboot my computer only to encounter the blue screen of death I tried rebooting in Safe Mode Last Known Good Configuration debugging mode Disable Automatic Restart On System Failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Directory Services Restore Mode All attempts ended with bsod I tried the quot Repair Your Computer quot option which turned up nothing I would appreciate if someone could help me out of this mess

A:BSOD after interrupting Windows Update, error 0x000000F4

hmm... this will be hard since i have no dumps to analyse but have you tried a system restore?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378397-bsod-after-interrupting-windows-update-error-0x000000f4.html
Relevancy 44.72%

whenever my light comes on to show the hard drive is working my sound and video playback begins stuttering for as long as the drive is working, ive got no idea what to do and its been ongoing for a while now which means i cant even watch a movie on my laptop cos it gets so bad!

any help would be much appreciated people

thanks in advance, Rosko

A:Hard Drive interrupting audio/video playback *HELP ME*

Hi rosko, welcome to TSF..

has this problem just started happening or has it suddenly got worse?

Have you recently scanned for malware?

Could you provide any details of any codec packs you have installed please?

Do you have any programs which 'index' files (nero scout etc)?

Also, if you log off your profile and onto another one, does the problem still occur?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-interrupting-audio-video-playback-help-me-168724.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Having issues with a hidden program task that is running on my computer somewhere Every so often it will open for a split-second on the taskbar and immediately disappear It minimizes any full screen applications that may be running at the time games windows media player visualizations the screensaver etc I have had the issue for quite some time and I am not sure how to get rid of it I have done several virus scans adware scans registry scans and set up a task screen, full screensaver. interrupting Hidden custom msconfig with no luck HJT Log below Thanks for your time Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Hidden task interrupting full screen, screensaver. Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-aware Ad-watch exe C Program Files WinFast WFTVFM WFWIZ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization LogitechEasySync exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C PROGRAM FILES FRAPS FRAPS EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files ATI Multimedia RemCtrl ATIRW exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATIDtct EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization servicestub exe C Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization LogitechEasySync exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad-watch quot C Program Files Lavas... Read more

A:Hidden task interrupting full screen, screensaver.

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately, and, of course, all our helpers are volunteers.

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

There's nothing jumping out at me in your log, so we'll look a bit deeper.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please download combofix.exe to your desktop.

IMPORTANT - You must place combofix on your desktop!!

Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

When finished, the tool will produce a log for you at c:\combofix.txt. Post that log in your next reply.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hidden-task-interrupting-full-screen-screensaver-127292.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Hitachi 100Gb 2.5" HD running inside my laptop.

I also have an M-Audio Transit USB sound card. I have used this soundcard with this laptop and HD for several years now with no problems.

However, over the last few days I have noticed that the sound playback is regularly interrupted by hard disk activity. Whenever the HD light flickers the sound playback is interrupted - it either mutes or more usually stutters or stalls. This means that the sound card is now practically unusable.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers, but to no avail.

Can anyone help in any way please? Thank you.

A:Hard disk activity interrupting sound card playback - please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-activity-interrupting-sound-card-playback-please-help.711111/
Relevancy 42.57%

I woke up this morning and started up my computer When I opened up mozilla and began to surf a bit a random command prompt window pops up runs some dialog opens prompt randomly Command when roaming profile?) (Mozilla using Mozilla and then closes just as quickly as it began The window keeps closing faster than I can read Command prompt (Mozilla roaming profile?) opens randomly when using Mozilla what it is doing but I was able to see that it said something along the lines of mozilla roaming profile i think What is going on I have good virus protection at least I thought I did This issue hasn't caused any problems YET Please HELP ME before it DOES Also after reading the forum prep I tried running the DDS software like it says but Command prompt (Mozilla roaming profile?) opens randomly when using Mozilla kept getting Command prompt (Mozilla roaming profile?) opens randomly when using Mozilla a notification popup that says DDS is not meant to run in 'Compatibility Mode' this program will now exit As far as I know I never set my preferences to run EVERY program in 'Compatibility Mode' Just a few specific ones I checked the 'Advanced Settings' in 'Compatibility Mode Troubleshooting' but the 'DDS' program doesn't come up in the list of affected programs I am a bit stumped at this point

A:Command prompt (Mozilla roaming profile?) opens randomly when using Mozilla

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/534057 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534057/command-prompt-mozilla-roaming-profile-opens-randomly-when-using-mozilla/
Relevancy 42.14%

I never had this problem up to now. I prefer mozilla version 11 over the new one . But after I set to Not update - it still update. I feel the new Mozilla is very intrusive and hate the look of it.How can I stop version 11 updating to the new version ??

A:Mozilla deliberately making mozilla 11 update automatically

I have no clue what is Mozilla 11 but if you meant Firefox browser, read THIS 2011 Announcement posted by Mozilla.org (Hint: Try to learn to adapt to a more secured versions - Mozilla does it to make their stuff better just like Microsoft does it to Windows every second Tuesday of the Month.)i_Xp/Vista/W7Usermessage edited by XpUser

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/mozilla-deliberately-making-mozilla-11-update-automatically/1956.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Tech Guys I don amp t usually have problems using my laptop but recently I amp m experiencing this weird case where at some point of the anti-virus scan my laptop will unexpectedly shutdown thus not completing the scan I amp m also programs shutdowns causing and Unknown virus interrupting anti-virus experiencing frequent random shutdowns over the last month A week ago I noticed that my AVG free scheduled everyday scan was not being completed I usually leave my laptop open and running before I go to work in the morning Unknown virus interrupting anti-virus programs and causing shutdowns The everyday scan is scheduled at noon and upon returning home Unknown virus interrupting anti-virus programs and causing shutdowns I amp m always surprised to see my laptop shutdown-ed When I hit the power button the screen will say something like the system experienced unexpected shutdown and I will just choose the start windows normally option I then decided to change my anti-virus program to ESET Smart Security free trial and will eventually buy it depending on its performance but I amp m still experiencing the same problem Earlier today I also decided just to run nothing but the anti-virus program and at around of the Unknown virus interrupting anti-virus programs and causing shutdowns scan my laptop suddenly shutdown So I amp m guessing it is something being detected by the anti-virus program but cannot be cured removed just by a normal scan By the way my laptop is HP Pavilion dv Windows Vista Home Premium -bit OS Intel Core GHz and G RAM Below please see the HJThis Log Any help would be greatly appreciated on this very annoying and troublesome bug Thank you very much in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C PROGRA HEWLET Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http ph rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http ph yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print C... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-virus-interrupting-anti-virus-programs-and-causing-shutdowns.824121/
Relevancy 39.56%

Well this problem is always happening to me since the Day I downloaded windows 10 in my pc

When I go to Windows Update it should tell you that if your pc is updated or no or there are updates to download and install
Mine is not showing that
Instead of showing windows updates or telling that the pc is updated or outdated
it shows me the windows 10 upgrade and restart dialogue
I want to remove that dialogue and restore the old place where updates are available !!
HELP !

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/391316-windows-10-upgrade-advisor-interrupting-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Can I have regular Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird installed at the same time, or would Firebird overwrite regular Mozilla?

A:Regular Mozilla and Mozilla Firebird

To make sure it doesn't, open your "C:\Program files" folder and make a new folder named "Firebird". Then during the install, just point it to the new folder you've created.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/regular-mozilla-and-mozilla-firebird.137092/
Relevancy 38.7%

The Sonos Music System can stream music from the internet to ever room in your house wirelessly. To do this one of its components is connected to a router using ethernet cable. However I want to stream music from my external Hard drive via my Thomson TG782T Router to the Sonos Music System.
My Question is: Do I just connect the external Hard drive to the USB port of the Thomson TG782T Router or is it more complicated.
In the absence of detailed instruction (Thomson TG782T Router Manual) i need advise on how to go about it (i.e. test steaming music from this Ext Hard Drive via the router to a PC), prior to purchasing the Sonos Music System.

Thanks is advance.

A:Stream music from External Hard Drive via router and Sonos Music System

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stream-music-from-external-hard-drive-via-router-and-sonos-music-system.992482/
Relevancy 38.7%

I apologize if this has already been addressed. I honestly don't know what I'm doing. My Vista's not playing any of the music files on my computer or my iPod on any music player I use (iTunes, WinAmp, the Rhapsody that came with it), though it plays anything else that's online. Other sounds on the computer are also playing (MSN, AIM, system sounds). What it does exactly is, upon clicking any song in the media library, it shows intention to play it but then stays at 0:00, while recognizing the length of song, name of artist, etc. Did I miss something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-not-playing-any-music-files-plays-online-music-perfectly.666314/
Relevancy 38.7%

The Music partition download drive hard music and to Videos exterior from other day I posted my problem download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition with getting a new computer which had win installed When downloading all my backups which had download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition been on an exterior drive they ended up in strange places Suddenly I had libraries and the library had folders but all the folder were named differently No more My Documents download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition my this my that Instead they dropped the my which by itself would not have bee a big deal but then they put my document files into my music folder Well that got me mad I'm a head-hunter and I keep everthing in Outlook Contacts In those contacts I have links to my candidates' resumes folders I also have links from my clients to their folders However after downloading having thought I had done everything by the letter I found the links didn't work What a mess I have over candidates categorized by qualifications I have clients in a similar situation Their links don't work either Then some very nice people from this site suggested I create partitions and lose the libraries At first I was frightened I had heard of partitions but had never been courageous enough to actually try them out I was also angry with Microsoft because they changed things for no reason Time is money and I'm losing money when I have to dick around with the computer instead of on the phone head-junting Feeling defeated I bit the bullet downloaded the software MiniTool Partition It seemed easy enough but I have run into some snags In my need to get organized I deleted all the music in the music folder under libraries And I deleted the My Documents folder from there also I need to make E C amp E Conn much smaller Look C It's huge I need that space for my pictures I don't think I need H Backups because I back up to an external hard drive Disk is the external backup I think When I double click I see all my files in there including my music folder with all my music How do I get them into F Music and Videos partition Any help would be greatly appreciated Oh I almost forgot When I get a new resume in the email I generally place it in a folder for later reading Now I can't place it in E C amp E I get a message saying something like I need administrator permission Well I am the administrator Anyway - baby steps Can you help me to tranfer the music from my external drive to F Music and Videos

A:download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition

Quote: Originally Posted by rikkidegraz

Anyway - baby steps. Can you help me to tranfer the music from my external drive to F: Music and Videos?

Normally, you would just drag them (copy, not move) with the mouse--from the external drive to F:Music and Videos. Can't you do that? But I may be misunderstanding you.

However:

First I would decide how many partitions you ultimately want to end up with on your internal drive.

You need the one named system

You need C

You don't need the others.

Plan 1: put all of your personal files on C and subdivide C with a folder structure: Music, Pictures, Video, Work, whatever suits you. 2 total partitions.

Plan 2: put only Windows and programs on C, and put all data on D. Subdivide D with a similar folder structure. 3 total partitions.

Plan 3: Put Windows on C. Use several different data partitions D, E, F, and so on. One for each data type (music, video, pictures, etc). 4 or more total partitions.

I would lean toward plan 2. You seem to have chosen plan 3.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each of those 3 plans. Plan 3 works, but having a bunch of partitions can be wasteful because you can never anticipate the proper size and growth rate of the data type on a partition.

Your pictures partition is already 80% full.

If you know for sure that you want to stay with those particular partitions, you should be able to use that tool to resize them.

Or you could delete all but system and C, then shrink C to maybe 80, then make new D, E, F, etc.

So you have a lot of control.

If you have everything backed up to the external, I would disconnect it temporarily. That way you can't make an error and foul that drive up accidentally with the tool.

You had best confirm what is on H:backups.

What is supposedly on E:C&E Conn and why that peculiar name?

Report back with your ideas and results of moving those files with a mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/199250-download-music-exterior-hard-drive-music-videos-partition.html
Relevancy 38.7%

after recent/last update of groove music app in the month of july 2016, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card. i have reset my phone no.of times. it either shows few of the music or it shows finding your music.because of this handsets gets too hot and at the end my phone battery end up very fast.pls help me in this

A:afterlast update of groove music app in july, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question after recent/last update of groove music app in the month of july 2016, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card. i have reset my phone no.of times. it either shows few of the music or it shows finding your music.because of this handsets gets too hot and at the end my phone battery end up very fast.pls help me in this Your phone is desperetly tryin to update all its core apps to 10 last vrs., then cachin and syncin them. Let it finish his work plugged and wifi connected, don't make too much reset too close!!!! It will take a couple of days for stabylizing
That's a general rule, especially for older models

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435366-afterlast-update-groove-music-app-july-my-handset-do-not-show-any-music-stored-my-sd-card.html
Relevancy 38.27%

On this site, and there are many others like it people turn a regular song into something that sounds like it came from Nintendo... What program do they use?

http://jesusnes.ytmnd.com/

Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys, on my laptop i currently have this issue where my music seems to come up when your in the folder. its in blue writing and has a number in brackets which im presuming is how many files ive got in there or something like that. My computer does not have this and i also wish to remove this from my laptop without having to restore to default folder settings (although that seems to be greyed out to despite me making changes earlier)

A:Music folder displaying a my music option and a number in brackets

Hello MajorFoley,

You should be able to click on View (menu bar) -> Group by -> (none) to change the folder view to what you wanted instead.

File and Folder Arrangement - Group by - Sort by - Arrange by

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309139-music-folder-displaying-my-music-option-number-brackets.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Not being that experienced, I'm a little confused w/ the way the Library sorts CDs into genres vs the way I could sort the Music Folders. They don't seem to relate. For example, the Library lists an album under "Rock" that I would like to move to another genre but I cannot figure a way to do this. On the other hand, I know I could play around w/ the folders so that this particular CD is in the right place. However, I'm not sure that if I take the time to organize my Music folders whether this will have any impact on how the Library sorts them.
If you can shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks, Nick.

A:Solved: Windows media music library vs music folders

Mp3 music files have tags that are kept inside the files themselves. The most common ones are Artist, Album, Track Title, Track Number, Release Year and Genre. When you put a file into the WMP library, the tags are read and stored, along with the file location.

So the tag data is what shows up in the WMP library and you can sort on various fields depending on which version you have. But the files can be put anywhere and named anyway you like. Most people use a certain naming convention like Artist-TrackNumber-Title.

If you want to sort the folders by genre you could do that, but you'll have to do it manually. You can do some manipulating of folders and filenames with tag editors. If you want to give that a try get Mp3Tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-music-library-vs-music-folders.839137/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have about 2000 songs on Media Monkey, sorted into playlists, and I also have about 150 songs on Amazon Music. There may be a simple way of adding the Amazon tracks to MM, but I just don't see how it is done. I can't drag and drop, so is there another way? Can anyone help, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-music-tracks-from-amazon-music-to-media-monkey.1164973/
Relevancy 38.27%

i tried to drag it but it wouldt let me

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

What version of Windows do you have and which version of WMP?

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to put music files that are in My Music into the WMP library?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.862137/
Relevancy 38.27%

First, I wanted to listen to a clip on Amazon and I clicked "listen" for Windows Media Player and then another time for Real Player, since I have BOTH. All it would do was save it to my computer (entitled "hurl") and then I couldn't open it. It didn't even give the option of opening it--that was "grayed out."

Also, is there ANYwhere that I can just download a song without taking out a bank loan or giving them my firstborn? I went to Yahoo radio, too, and went through the sign-in procedure and then it wouldn't complete. The button just did nothing. I don't plan to do a lot of downloading music. I just want to get a song occasionally.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Solved: Listen to music clips or download music

Here is a link to free radio stations in the UK (I don't know where you are based)
http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/
Scroll down to the player that you use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-listen-to-music-clips-or-download-music.376079/
Relevancy 38.27%

ok so im hearing comming from my speakers, some music, but mostly commercials. i was browsing the web and all the sudden i hear "buy a mcdonalds big mac today!" i dont get it i went to task manager and nothing looks weird. here's ahttp://img404.imageshack.us/i/audiosnap.jpg screen shot of active tasks
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

but when i went to audio mixer there is a volume tab for "name not available" and if i mute it music goes away....i dont get it. help!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:HELP! music is playing in the background but no music program is open!

Are you close to a radio station's transmitter site and antenna? That sounds like "RFI" (Radio Frequency Interference" getting into your speaker system.

When you get it, unplug the speakers from the PC but leave them powered on and the volume up and see if you still get it. If you do it's RFI and the speaker system is picking it up or it's coming through the AC power line to the speakers. If this just started I would suspect either a bad cable ground or just a dirty plug connection somewhere in the system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/93651-help-music-playing-background-but-no-music-program-open.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Is anyone else trying to use groove with music on a network share and finds after a random time it loses all found songs. If so is the music on share that is on dynamic or static up. Trying to figure why this happens Posted from an Oric-1

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438815-groove-music-loses-music-network-share.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi There,
I have all my music uploaded onto OneDrive music folder.
Windows 8.1 Music app displays all my music on OneDrive for streaming. There's an option to download individual songs for local storage but that takes too long.. is there a way to download every single song through the Music app onto my Surface Pro 3 so that I have offline access to my music?
Thanks!

A:Force Music app to download all streaming music from OneDrive

Yes, you don't need any tools or apps, just go to OneDrive app or folder (in file explorer) right click on that > make it available offline! Now it'll start downloading everything in that folder + if you add anything to it from another device it'll be downloaded automatically

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/356729-force-music-app-download-all-streaming-music-onedrive.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am having a problem that tons of people are having with the install of the music manager but upon looking for solutions they either work for a small amount of people or they are pages long out of most peoples ability range mine at least and I am avg at least I am first getting an error code and then quot error the instance name passed was not recognized as valid by a wmi data provider quot -- both revolve around the service quot Windows Event Log quot not running I went into the registry on two keys and edited two permissions to allow to no avail I rebooted in Help Google / Music Install Problems...Please Music Manager safe mode ran cmd renamed some file to file upon restarting it is supposed to generate a new file Can anyone Google Music / Music Manager Install Problems...Please Help help One person said it may involve a new installation please no That can't be it I just did one two weeks ago Thanks so much And Happy Thanksgiving Eric

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/google-music-music-manager-install-problems-please-help-614206.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Im mad that my My Music folder is empty, how do i put my windows media player music in it? whenever i download music i just go to "Add to windows media player", how do i bring that to "My music", thx

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

i do it manually. if you right click the name of the song in your windows media player, and find the file location, go to that location, and manually dragndrop that file into your my music folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.566306/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi anybody can help me how to get Metro Music App to read and play my music library from Synology j network drive Thing is it works fine for standard windows media player so why the heck does it not work for Metro Music App When I select a song from the explorer it is played by metro but where are all the other files I have a Dutch - not yet supported region - Windows Account so cant login music and xbox I have added App music read on Metro Music drive not network does synology shared music folder to my desktop music library but explorer keeps warning me that some features may not Metro Music App does not read music on network drive work so I have also indexed the folder but still no success It gives me the creeps these complications and Windows may be loosing another user to the Apple platform which would mean spending a lot of money to replace my windows home system but at least everything is compatible - I guess please help I tried a lot already

A:Metro Music App does not read music on network drive

Originally Posted by sjengie

Hi, anybody can help me how to get Metro Music App to read and play my music library from Synology 212j+ network drive?
Thing is it works fine for standard windows 8 media player so why the heck does it not work for Metro Music App?

When I select a song from the explorer it is played by metro but where are all the other files?
I have a Dutch - not yet supported region - Windows Account, so cant login music and xbox.
I have added synology shared music folder to my desktop music library but explorer keeps warning me that some features may not work so I have also indexed the folder but still no success

It gives me the creeps these complications and Windows may be loosing another user to the Apple platform (which would mean spending a lot of money to replace my windows home system but at least everything is compatible - I guess)
please help, I tried a lot already

Hi there
Goede Morgen !!

Remember that W8 is still technically in BETA so there is more to come out.
Since multi-media and connectivity is very important this I'm sure will be fixed in the final builds of W8.

I shouldn't base your purchasing requirements against what's in a BETA build of an OS. -- Wait till the Final before making that decision -- and meantime use something like Winamp or plenty of other free music playing apps most of which can also stream to and from smart phones etc.

Cheers (Tot Ziens)

Jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/5731-metro-music-app-does-not-read-music-network-drive.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I have Windows 7 Home and when I go to Pictures all my Music files are in there as well.They are, as normal, in Music, which means I have got 14gb of Music files in there twice. This has happened fairly recently and I have not installed any music files since I bought the computer and put them in there about six months ago. I tried deleting them, one folder at a time from Pictures, unfortunately it removed some folders from both Pictures and Music, and others deleted normally. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

A:Music files appearing on Pictures as well as Music.

Panic over. I stumbled across the answer.
Start/Right click Pictures/Left click Properties/highlight unwanted folders.Left click remove.
I still don't know how it selected Include in the first place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-files-appearing-on-pictures-as-well-as-music.937082/
Relevancy 37.41%
Relevancy 37.41%

I had a window phone but now I have a android phone and I want to transfer my music I have saved on my windows phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438899-how-can-i-listen-my-music-xbox-music-another-phone.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi Everyone,

I have a very basic question. I'm almost embarrased to ask it. But, here it is! When I buy a music CD in the store, how do I put the album into the "Music" folder on my hard drive?

I have Windows Vista and Windows Media Player 11.

Thanks, Darlene

A:Solved: Adding Music to Music Folder

That is called "ripping". Use the "Rip" button at the top (or in the menu, depending what your player skin looks like ).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adding-music-to-music-folder.789160/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am not sure if the title accurately tells what my issue is. I hope I can explain it.

When listening to music on my PC, it does not matter if I use Winamp, Songbird, Quicktime, Windows Media Player, or any other software. Every so often, there appears some sort of distortion, like the drive that the music is on slows down. I dont know if it is the driver or what. Its hard to explain. You have to hear it. I dont think its the mp3 file itself, cause I could play a song and it will be perfect, but then the next time I play it, it will distort. It is really driving my nuts cause I can't find the reason for it.

Anybody out here got any ideas? even crazy ones? Thanks.

Cardnut

A:Odd distortion while playing music in any music player on Win 7 PC

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with application and system logs that can indicate application conflicts, application errors, system corruption, or system critical errors to help us determine if any of these are causing problems with your music playing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209442-odd-distortion-while-playing-music-any-music-player-win-7-pc.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Using the Windows 8.1 music app, I have properly setup my library to load from my second HDD, but it only loads 80 artists out of over 120. Anyone know why and how I could fix it? All my music is properly tagged and in Artist/Year - Album/ folder format.

A:Missing music in the XBox Music App (Metro)

Edit: Nevermind; for some reason having a file marked as AT under file attributes is bad. Not sure why they are marked as temp!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/36340-missing-music-xbox-music-app-metro.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello!
Searched the tutorial-collection from my problem, but couldn't find one there. So...

I've got my music-collection in a WD World Edition (White Light) -network drive. The path to the music is:

Network\MYBOOKWORLD\Public\Shared Music

The network drive also carries my photos and my videos.

I understand that I can make symbolic link from that location to the Music -library and that way the music should appear in the the Xbox Music -metro app, because I'd really like to use that app (and other metro apps for photo and video).

The problem is that I don't know how to make that symbolic link. I honestely don't even know wheather it works in W8 or only W7.

Can someone confirm this could be done similar way you can make it happen with SD-card.

A:Help! Music from network drive to Xbox Music App

Hi MSalo,

To create a symbolic link in windows follow these steps,

1. Go to your Music library and create a sub folder (Can be called anything)
2. Right click on the folder and select Include in Library and then select Music
3. Now delete this sub folder you have just created in the Music folder
4. Open uo command prompt and run as an administrator
5. At the command prompt type the following ...

mklink /d c:\Users\<Username>\Music\<Sub Folder Name> \\Network\MYBOOKWORLD\Public\Shared

6. Press Enter, you should get a message advising the link has been created and that's it

You can repeat this for all libraries you have setup in Windows

Regards,

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/11855-help-music-network-drive-xbox-music-app.html
Relevancy 37.41%

RE: Windows XP Home SP2 with WMP 10 Also all of the music files are stored in WMP 10 as mp3 file format and not wma format. In addition there is no copy protected music, i.e. no DRM.
How do you copy music files from WMP 10 to 'My Music' folder?
Thanks in advance for all your help!
Mike

A:Copy music files from WMP 10 to 'My Music' folder

Hi

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player and see if you find them there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/copy-music-files-from-wmp-10-to-my-music-folder-132720.html
Relevancy 37.41%

First: I recently had all my cds stolen and am now having to replace them by burning copies of them. I went out and bought some "Music CD-R" to see if it makes a difference. I only bought like 30 as a trial, but haven't used them yet. So the question is, does it actually matter if you use the music specific ones or can you use the normal data CD-R's with no loss in quality?

Second: What is the best program to just rip CD's? I have an older version of Nero but it doesn't seem to like working on XP a lot. Right now I'm stuck using WMP to upload them at 192k and then burn them back on with that. Any suggestions are quite welcome.

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I recently migrated to Windows My music collection stumbled along the way and I had to re-fetch artwork for a few albums in WMP I also Xbox album No art library or in music Music! set it up in iTunes My default app for MP s is WMP As you can see below artwork only appears when in the folder view which somewhat defeats the purpose of libraries in the first place I'd prefer to No album art in music library or Xbox Music! sort them by artist with album art displayed without a folder as it should and as it did in Windows Art appears in folder view but not artist or album view On a related note I recently added many new MP s to my collection When I opened Xbox Music for the first time afterwards it seemed to be downloading art to add it to my older albums all of which have art Then the process was somehow interrupted I believe I closed the app Then when I opened it again none of them had art I would very much appreciate your help

A:No album art in music library or Xbox Music!

Help please?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25914-no-album-art-music-library-xbox-music.html
Relevancy 37.41%

First looks at W8 and having difficulty with user interface (non touch computer)

I started the music app and cannot see how to stop the app it self, play music consantly, has forward pause and reverse buttons but I cannot find a way to stop the music (looks like play all is on).

Any help direction much appreciated.

I know I can Pause the music but how to I stop a song (or is it just the pause) and exit???

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I had recently replaced my HDD with SSD So I had backed up amp erased all the personal files including music videos etc from respective folders Actually there is no files other than system files programs softwares in the SSD now I had done disk cleanup defrag clearing of temp prefetch folders etc before starting the SSD files :( App present not lists in Music music cloning everything from HDD to SSD After replacement now I could see all my collection of songs Music App lists music files not present in SSD :( music in the Now Playing section of Music App Modern app No music files are actually present for me to locate in any of the folders when I go through for explorer I'm not able to play the music files by clicking it from Music App amp when i delete it from there by right Music App lists music files not present in SSD :( clicking it - temporarily goes away but returns when i close the App and opens it again I had unchecked amp checked the indexing option in the Music folder File Explorer - properties amp restarted system checked But still all the music files are listed in the App Could anyone suggest on how to clear the music file listings from the Music app permanently which are not really present in the system

A:Music App lists music files not present in SSD :(

Try to right click and un-install it. Then install it again from the store. Hopefully that will clear it out.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53105-music-app-lists-music-files-not-present-ssd.html
Relevancy 37.41%

while playing music through groove music i am getting error "0x8007045d ".......................................

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441615-while-playing-music-through-groove-music-i-am-getting-error.html
Relevancy 37.41%

So I searched around for a bit and found a few discussions about the Music app crashing but none appear to be the problem I'm having I can open the app and do most things in Music Xbox when crashes app music playing it Search navigate around I can even play music most of the time except for one notable exception When you click on an artist or album the app opens a smaller window in the middle of the app where you can usually Xbox Music app crashes when playing music play the song along with a few other options like Play Top Songs or Explore Artist Whenever I click play from this window the app suddenly closes This does not happen with music that I have files locally on my hard drive it only happens with streaming music I can get streaming music to play as long as I can find a play button elsewhere in the app aside from this window that pops up in the middle of the screen But if a song is already playing I can skip back and forth and navigate around the app I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and this fixes it for a little while but it eventually begins happening again It crashes with zero other apps or programs running I have AVG antivirus running but I disabled that for a while and it still crashes I noticed that when it does crash the Music app doesn't close completely as it's still listed along with other running apps if I hover in the upper left corner and drag my mouse down to view all running apps Thoughts

A:Xbox Music app crashes when playing music

well, you didn't see my post...

app dumping me back to the start screen?

same thing for me. same solution that is a band-aid (uninstalling and reinstalling the app).

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12001-xbox-music-app-crashes-when-playing-music.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Won`t allow me to download for personal usage music on my computer . Say`s I need a license to download music.

A:music media won't let me download music for personal use

Here's two free search sites I use. Use their search box. The results link directly to free downloads:http://www.downloads.nl/local/en/mp...http://www.mp3chief.com/This is a directory listing of songs someone put up:http://www.moistworks.com/mp3/

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/music-media-wont-let-me-download-music-for-personal-use/203050.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I currently have MusicMatch 10.0. I bought some tracks from their store and tried to transfer the music for a slide show to Adobe Photo Elements 3.0.,but the music will not play. I have no clue what the problem is?
Foolhardy

Relevancy 36.12%

Hello,

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this but if not, I'm sure someone will let me know!

I have a lot of music files on my hard drive and because they have come from so many sources over the last few years their file names are inconsistent. I'd like all of the music files to be in the same format in the My Music folder itself and not just in an application such as Win Amp where I can tag the music.

It's driving me crazy (I know it shouldn't!!!) and I am really not interested in changing each one seperately . . .

I know there has to be a program (hopefully, free!) that can do this easily. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much.

A:Organizing Music Files In My Music

Hi, that's always been a problem of mine until I decided to act. I didn't use a program - I spent a whole day renaming, retagging, organizing the files. If you have a program like iTunes which has a music library feature, filenames shouldn't be a problem, but if you're paranoid about filenames(like me), I suggest you do it manually. Delete all entries of the music library(if your player has one), but DON'T DELETE THE FILES. Making subfolders in My Music (ex. by artist, by genre, etc) should help. Once you've renamed everything, re-transfer them to your music library. Done!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164890/organizing-music-files-in-my-music/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have mu music collection music from not Goove music NAS reading on a QNAP NAS This is mapped as a network drive I can add this a loacation for Groove to get it's music from but while it accepts this is doesn t actualkly find any music even though it's there Odd thing the old 'Music' app did work after the upgrade to but then seemed to stop after the recent update when I think 'Groove' replaced it I found this on a MS article If you have music stored on a network or network access storage NAS drive To use a network drive with the Music app The drive must be hosted by a Windows operating system You must have Windows Search and Desktop Experience features installed You must enable Indexing for the share If you have to install or enable these features you may have to rebuild the index for the share to function correctly with the Music app However I don't know if these options are already enabled or how to check Can someone advise Thanks

A:Goove music not reading music from NAS

Just tried Groove, added my NAS . Restarted Groove and it started to load my albums (120GB+). Very slow at adding 'em. Not impressed.

Installed "Kodi" lightning fast at reading and loading all my albums.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/13888-goove-music-not-reading-music-nas.html
Relevancy 36.12%

The xbox music app for Windows 8 will not show any of the music in my library. I have narrowed it down to the fact the all my music on a 2nd hard drive.

If I move a couple of songs to the c drive and add that folder to my library, they will show up. However nothing in my library that is on the 2nd hard drive will show up

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

A:Xbox Music App with music on 2nd drive

Make sure your index is searching and indexing those folders on the second drive - Xbox music (and videos, for that matter) only see media that has been indexed by search. You may want to look at the search/indexing options in the control panel to make sure the folders containing your media are being indexed - if they are, give the index a rebuild. That can fix things (I find that on my tablet sometimes).

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11831-xbox-music-app-music-2nd-drive.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Does anyone know how to sync music with the Windows 8 music app, import playlists or such? It seems very user unfriendly...

A:How to sync music with the Windows 8 Music App?

Hello Chumly248,

I can't tell you at the moment, but I will look into it as soon as I get home...

What are you trying to synch with?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/how-to-sync-music-with-the-windows-8-music-app-675434.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, I am new to the forum and Windows 8.

I have a question regarding a new build I have. I am running windows 8 off of a SSD, and have a new HDD that I bought for everything else. I recently transferred my music over from an external HD and now when I attempt to find them in my Xbox app I can't seem to select that drive. It only sees my SSD, and I do not want to install music on that

How do I make it so my apps pull files right from that drive?

Thanks in advance.

A:How do I get music files to be seen in Xbox Music app?

Hey Sawlstone,

Welcome to the forum

have you gone through these procedures:

How to Add Music to Xbox Music on Windows 8, 8.1 or RT | Xbox Music Player - Xbox.com

Hope that helps,

Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/41528-how-do-i-get-music-files-seen-xbox-music-app.html
Relevancy 36.12%

When I was on Windows 8, I transferred all my music from my old pc to my laptop's WMP without any probs. Upgraded to 8.1 and because of some issues I roll-backed to 8.00. I now have to re-transfer all my music from my old pc to my new one again. I can't transfer music from my old pc to WMP on 8.1, my music has been transferred into This PC/Music and it won't let me dragt\copy\move it from there to WMP, Should I just delete it from This PC/Music and do another transfer please?

A:Can't transfer my music from This PC/Music to WMP on lapto

You have to start the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service for that to work, the service has to be ON and you control it from "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Media streaming options"

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36314-cant-transfer-my-music-pc-music-wmp-lapto.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My question does not seem to fit any of the existing categories.
I would like to know what hardware and software I would need to convert cassetts to cds and how to hook it up.

Relevancy 35.26%

Music band's: Virtual Darkness & The Specialists
Peter & Frank Vanderlinden
The Specialists Records
Tentoonstellingslaan 36
9000 Gent, Belgium.
[email protected]

Dear Sir,

We have a 3CD various artists compilation cd released by megarave records.
The Album info at "Fai.music.metaservices.microsoft" is wrong.
I would like to know how we can update the correct artist meta, on
Fai.music.microsoft pleas?

Regards
Peter Vanderlinden

Under my win7 Home premium, I do not have the option "Distributed scan management" under the "turn windows 
features on or off".
Like explained on microsoft answers page.
What can I do about it?
I have tried everything from this page:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-

pictures/faimusicmetaservicesmicrosoftcom-keeps-imposing/28b4bc6b-bec9-4799-96a4-

490ad043a465?msgId=f5561ee8-8c86-4eb6-9e45-baecc6646f38

A:Music Cd & album info is incorrect at "Fai.music.metaservices.microsoft"?

Hi Frank,
WMP gets most of its album information from AMG, if you find some incorrect information in the database, here is a link you can use to submit your corrections and additional information:
Data Corrections
http://www.allmusic.com/data-corrections

For convenience, you can manually edit the tags. Once you've changed them and saved the changes, then they won't be overwritten by those of the database.
You can refer to the following article to view the detailed steps:
Add or edit media information in Windows Media Player
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Add-or-edit-media-information-in-Windows-Media-Player
Regards,
Yolanda

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/355f122f-93ac-4521-8956-28175c8c7e3d/music-cd-amp-album-info-is-incorrect-at-quotfaimusicmetaservicesmicrosoftquot?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey! My comp can play music but when I play DVDs or run .avis I only get background music and the vocal audio is so low it's almost muted. I can't figure it out. I have DivX installed and AC3Filter as well but I use WMP and Cyberlink PowerDVD, no vocals from either. Do I need codecs? How do I find out which I need?

A:Music Plays / No Vocals in Movies / Background Music Plays

I've been able to boost sound with the AC3Filter and get DVD vocals now through WMP but I still am not getting any vocals from my DVDs when played through my Cyberlink PowerDVD. Any suggestions? I'm sure I'm missing a codec or something but I can't figure out what. The website I used to go to to download audio codecs for WMP11 looks down for the count so I'm at a loss.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-plays-no-vocals-in-movies-background-music-plays.131473/
Relevancy 33.11%

I deleted my music from my music app and cannot re-add it. The files were added automatically the first time, but now the app won't add them. Can I refresh the cache for the music app or what can I do?

A:Solved: re-add music to music app

Never mind, I figured out how to do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-re-add-music-to-music-app.1127285/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,
This isn't a big issue but on my PC I have these shared folders:-

Public Pictures (F:\Users\Public\Pictures)
Public Videos (F:\Users\Public\Videos)
Music (F:\Users\Public\Music)

Everything works as it should but why is Music not called Public Music or have I messed up the name relocating the default drive?

A:Public Music is just Music

This is how it should look:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/55948-public-music-just-music.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I was playing music from WMP and all of a sudden it stopped playing. I went back over to restart the music and there was nothing in my library. I went to My Music folder and there's nothing there.... check My Pictures same thing. I've been all over the internet for a couple hours and haven't found anything that references this same problem.

I ran a search for *.mp and all of my music files are still in the My Music folder. I right clicked on one of them went to properties and the check box for hidden is NOT checked.

I'm running several anti virus checks right now, if anyone has any idea on what this is please let me know.

A:All Music and Pictures missing from My Music / My Pictures

Welcome to TSG.
If the files are still there after a search, you probably have a virus,
Did you also check your sound card if it still works?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-music-and-pictures-missing-from-my-music-my-pictures.988101/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,
Awhile back I downloaded Mozilla Firefox to be my new web browser. However, I am a little confused on how to operate Mozilla.

If I click on the Netzero icon I get on the web fairly quickly but Internet Explorer is the browser.

If I click on the Mozilla Firefox icon I received the following message 'my.netzero could not be found please try again'. Also, a dialog box opens up that reads 'Firefox is not currently set as your default browser. Would you like to make it your default browser? Yes or No.' I click on 'Yes', but everytime I try to open Mozilla Firefox I am asked to repeat this.

So, do I click on the Netzero or Mozilla Firefox icon to get on the web? How does Netzero automatically open? How do I keep the default browser set for Mozilla?

?????
rlight

A:Mozilla Help

try these instructions:Firefox: " Tools -> Options ->General -> Default Browser -> Check Now"If that doesn't work, try setting ie as the default browser, then (re)set Firefox or Mozilla Suite as the default. If that still does not work, try this:Setting default browser manually * In Windows XP, go to "Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Set Program Access and Defaults (on the left) -> Custom". After expanding the "Custom" category, you will see Internet Explorer and other installed browsers listed under "Choose a default Web browser". Select Mozilla or Mozilla Firefox. If that doesn't work, * In Windows Control Panel and if Windows XP is using the Control Panel "Classic View": o Click on "Folder Options -> File Types". * In Windows XP using the Control Panel "Category View": o Click on "Performance and Maintenance". Then, click on "File Types" in the left column under the heading "See Also". Assign the following filetypes to the browser you wish to set as default: * URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol * URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy * URL:File Transfer Protocol * HTML File * HTM File (optional) Note that you may find the URL file types above under extension "N/A" or "(none)". all article here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53399/mozilla-help/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello guys I have a problem since last week when I use Internet Explorer or Firefox my CPU goes to I 100% or at Mozilla IE CPU Use i When have launched Ad-Aware SE Spybot Search and Destroy etc I have nothing Yet my computer is running so slow I'm sure it's a virus cause it's been running perfectly since Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate this Here is the log from HijackThis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SamsungMediaStudioAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files RF Wireless Mouse cm exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files mozilla org Mozilla mozilla exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings leader Desktop HijackThis exe R CPU at 100% When i Use IE or Mozilla - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - CPU at 100% When i Use IE or Mozilla C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll CPU at 100% When i Use IE or Mozilla O - BHO Need Find Bar BHO - D C E -A A- b-BCDB- B EF D - C Program Files Need Find bar bin ND FNBAR DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run YeppStudioAgent C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SamsungMediaStudioAgent exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SemanticInsight C Program Files RXToolBar Semantic Insight SemanticInsight exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run Start RF Wireless Mouse C Program Files RF Wireless Mouse cm exe O - HKCU Run BlazeServoTool quot C Program Files BlazeVideo BlazeDVD Professional MediaDetector exe quot O - HKCU Run Steam C Program Files Steam Steam exe -silent O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - Global Startup Lancement rapide d'Adobe Reade... Read more

Relevancy 29.67%

I am having a problem signing in to some forums while I am using IE8. When I input my user name and password, it says 'Welcome Alicez" and then I am returned to the sing-in page again.

However, when I perform the same thing on Mozilla, I get taken to the site right away.

Would anyone know why I am not being allowed to enter these forums with IE 8?

Please advise and thank you.

Alice

Relevancy 29.67%
Q: mozilla

Ok this is not my problem it is a problem concerning a friend and he nows less than a tenth about computers as I do My friend bought a nice computer for him and his boys a couple years ago A computer savy as he says friend of his told him to not use enternet explore and use mozilla browser Tom my friend did this and never paid any attention to his Macafee which is now months past renew date no adware or anything that with the fact that his boys have gone to all kinds of soites as unattended boys will do and now his nice computer will not hardly mozilla work I have myself listed as a beginner but I think the would be that I study ask and look for mozilla care maintence fixes for my computer so have some knowledge I am trying to help him but it seems so far none of the antivirus programs ad ware and spy ware freebies I looking at right now til mozilla we know if computer can be saved support mozilla any ideas or pointing in a direction would be GREAT Ps just a thought can he uninstall mozilla and install IE with out cleaning system up seems like not to me but thats me thanks tedw nbsp

Relevancy 29.67%

Would someone be so kind as to post a link as to where I can DL "AVG anti virus" and "Mozilla" browser? I've been searching in google and all I get is a bunch of sites that want me to join in order to DL.

I dl'ed them both before but don't remember the links to them.

Relevancy 29.67%

Please help with my fire fox 3.0.1. it occasionally freezes loading a page when 20 to30 seconds it loads the page, but not completely! a lil help is appreciated!

A:help with Mozilla

Hi Panda777,

Have a look at this article, i only found it myself last night.

How to speed up Firefox

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/help-with-mozilla-286736.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v I ve never had pop-ups show until with ups help. Please now. Never had pop Mozilla up when using Mozilla until now They give me some fake warning message saying that I need to download a registry cleaner ect I m not sure what s causing it I ve downloaded hi-jack scanned and posted it Never had pop ups with Mozilla until now. Please help. below Please help Thanks Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe Never had pop ups with Mozilla until now. Please help. C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files WDC SetIcon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Application Data gadcom gadcom exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology Drivers Elservice exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files DISC DISCover exe C Program Files DISC DiscUpdMgr exe C Program Files DISC DiscStreamHub exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - H... Read more

Relevancy 29.67%

Hello Lately I have been receiving several popups from Internet Explorer while using Mozilla This was not happening until the last week and now an ad pops up about every minutes sometimes less Today I had an ad pop up in a tab while using Mozilla too The popup blockers are on for the different toolbars but this doesn't seem to be helping Now I turned off Norton Security for just a moment at one point because of a program I am using for school but it wasn't for more using Pop Mozilla from while IE Ups than a minute or two That is when the problem seemed to start I followed the steps and the script is listed below Thank you for your help and please contact me with any questions This is a fantastic site Mike Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Michael DallaValle on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Spybot-S amp D Spyware removal -- First Restore Point -- - - Pop Ups from IE while using Mozilla UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Pop Ups from IE while using Mozilla Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM services exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM lsass exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM spoolsv exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM DSentry exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD Directcd exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM dxthvix exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exe C Program Files iRiver iHP iHPDetect exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files wmplayer wmplayer exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Xtreme Desktop xdc xdc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM tbctray exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM p pnetworking exe C Program Pop Ups from IE while using Mozilla Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Netscape Netscape Netscp exe C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyexpr exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCEVTMGR EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger Ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NAVAPSVC EXE C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE C Program Files CASIO Photo Loader Plauto exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security CCPXYSVC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM wscntfy exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files support com bin tgcmd exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cidaemon exe C WINDOWS SYS... Read more

A:Pop Ups from IE while using Mozilla

Hello, and Welcome to TSF.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Download this file - http://download.bleepingcomputer.com...a/ComboFix.exe

* IMPORTANT !!! Place combofix.exe on your Desktop

Disconnect from the internet....pull the plug!
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.
Go to -> Run -> paste in the following single line command & click OK

"%userprofile%\desktop\combofix.exe" /killall

Follow the prompts. Type "1" and press Enter to begin the scan.
Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled. A reboot should have done this.
Re-establish an internet connection.
Open HijackThis and click on 'Do a System Scan and save a Logfile'. Save the log file and post it here.

Create an uninstall list:

With HiJackThis still open Click on the configure button on the bottom right
Click on the tab "Misc Tools"
Click on the Box that says "Open Uninstall Manager"
Click on the button "Save list"
Copy and past the List from the notepad file into your post

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pop-ups-from-ie-while-using-mozilla-205938.html
Relevancy 29.67%
Q: Mozilla

Whenever I change preferences in Mozilla (like Themes) or try to save a cleaned up bookmark file using AM Deadlink, nothing happens. I believe the two are connected. I did check permissions as well as properties for the folder and I have all permissions. Any help appreciated.

Meryl

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mozilla-8415.html
Relevancy 29.67%
Q: Mozilla

I hope i have put this post in the right section.

In Mozilla Firefox my default home page is Google. When i click a new tab i want it to automatically be ready to type in the Google search bar. But when i open a new tab the cursor is ready to type at the address bar. Is this possible to change so i can start typing into the Google search bar easier when opening a new tab.
(If i have worded this badly please tell me to explain it better if you can't understand what i mean)

Appreciate any help, thanks

A:Mozilla

I would install the google toolbar, then you will have the search bar available at all times.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/mozilla-138232.html
Relevancy 29.67%

whenever i click a site i get a blank window w/ search history.
first time it happened to me.
thanx.