Windows Support Forum

Graphics card not detected

Q: Graphics card not detected

Wow so I just received my new in the mail today and guess what it doesn t work Well here s what I did so far I uninstalled all nvidia graphics drivers which I used for my gso Rebooted to complete installation Disabled onboard video drivers Shut off computer Installed into motherboard Booted up Now I don t get any video from the card outputs itself so I used my onboard video output to log into windows I tried installing the CCC but the installation failed or something like that I check the device manager and there detected card not Graphics isn t any sign of the showing up Now I m a little scared and not sure what to do The appears to be powered cause my computer is x louder with that damn fan Its just that it won t be recognized by device manager and the drivers won t work Thanks guys Edit When I installed the I had to move the hard drive and cd sata cables from the first and second port to the third and forth ports Whenever I boot my POST says your system last boot fail or POST interrupted Please enter setup to load default and reboot again I press f to bypass this Also when I go into system for some reason it only detects GB of RAM I have bit windows lt -- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed Reinstalled Windows same damn problem Also I m starting to think that the graphics card is defective as even the bios cannot recognize the card on boot And I believe that is the reason for the Graphics card not detected POST failing nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Graphics card not detected

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Graphics card not detected

Also, when I go into system, for some reason it only detects 3.87 GB of RAM... I have 64 bit windows 7 <-- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed.Click to expand...

That's probably because your onboard video is allocating some of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-not-detected.167268/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt Solved: On board Detected Graphics card Graphics not m and one more thing In one of the game I checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card it Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through graphics not graphics card Onboard detected device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt m and one more thing In one of the game I Onboard graphics detected not graphics card checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change it can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

A:Onboard graphics detected not graphics card

Hi , The option is the one where the nvidia card and intel on-board are shown, and the BIOS should select the nvidia card as priority if it can, and has a choice.
It's sometimes known as 'Primary Video' & the option is called PEG.
Make sure you save the settings when you exit or they won't be changed from before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-graphics-detected-not-graphics-card.182102/
Relevancy 64.5%
Relevancy 64.5%

My motherboard had quit working on my system so I bought a new one to replace it At the time the motherboard was working my GPU was as well detected fine fans running playing games Now that I ve replaced the motherboards they re the same model my GPU isn t being detected The fans are spinning and the pins are connected so I know it s powered on The program TechPowerUp GPU-Z version is showing my Graphics Card as the quot Microsoft Basic Display Adapter quot I ve tried using AMD s autodetect utility but it says it can t find drivers for my system When I attempt to plug my DVI cable in to my GPU I don t get a signal When I plug it in to my motherboard I get Card Graphics not detected a signal Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A L-M USB Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled The GPU is supposed to be detected as a XFX R X Thanks for any assistance nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

My computer has a video card (NVidia) intergrated with the mother board and for some reason my computer refuses to detect and use it. I have tried reinstalling drivers, and still does not work. I am getting very frustraited and would very apreciate some help. 

A:graphics card not detected with 23k-121

Hello @TheNikachu, Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are not seeing the integrated graphics chip, despite trying to install drivers. I am happy to help with this. When you check in device manager is there any entry at all for the graphics adapter? Is there anything showing up that is an unknown device?  If so try removing the unknown device and then scan for hardware changes, from within device manager. Let me know if it pull up the graphics adapter or not. If it does, then try using the HP Support Assistant, to find and install the correct driver. Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/graphics-card-not-detected-with-23k-121/td-p/5580274
Relevancy 64.5%

I just had a friend send me an agp video card I followed the installation instructions that came with it but when I plugged the monitor into the new card there is no video detected I am not very smart with computers as far as tech stuff goes so I had a couple friends of mine who know a lot more than I do try and help They really couldn t figure out the problem either They re not looking at it I guess so kind of hard to figure out the issue I ll give information on my computer motherboard type as well as graphics card type below It is an AMD Athlon Processor GHz MB of RAM Running windows XP home edition service pack The graphics card is a Radeon HD Pro The motherboard is K V-MX S I m not sure what else to put as far as computer information I tried a few different things like disabling the display adaptor in device manager and when looking in BIOS it was set to AGP for primary graphics display or whatever If it ends up that it is the card itself can anyone tell me what Not AGP Detected Card Graphics kind of graphics cards would be compatible with my computer so I can go and purchase one I want to be able to play games Thankyou Anyway if someone could help me I would really appreciate it Thankyou nbsp

A:AGP Graphics Card Not Detected

I'm a little unclear on what you did. Are you saying you plugged in the monitor to the Radeon HD 2400 while the PC was still running? If I've misunderstood that, then when you boot up the PC, you are seeing the motherboard splash screen and can get into the BIOS? If so, then it just won't boot into Windows? Could you clarify?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-graphics-card-not-detected.113249/
Relevancy 64.5%

I bought a new graphics card for my pc (Sapphire Radeon HD5570) and is not detected by my motherboard.I m running an ASRock conroe1333-d667 motherboard.
I tried so many things to make it work..I formated my pc, I changed settings in BIOS and made PCI-E primmary video adapter, I removed and inserted again the CMOS and still the card is nowhere in the device manager...I also want to say that the graphics card fan is working...plz help me because i m starting getting mad!!!

A:My graphics card is not detected...

Whoa, why did you do all that? Flash the BIOS with "ASROCK Conroe Bios 1.83 (or newer)" and "Save and Exit" BIOS
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=ConRoe1333-D667 R3.0&o=BIOS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-graphics-card-is-not-detected.175722/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I ve had excellent success getting help from this site in the past so I thought I d give it another go I recently bought a new graphics card for my also new compaq presario computer My com came with an nvidia geforce integrated card and I card Help! New not detected, graphics bought an nvidia geforce gt card Literally the day before I got this new card a friend brought over a gt card and threw it in my computer the card auto installed on startup and worked like a charm Starcraft looked great So with great confidence I tried installing my when it came in the mail today I plugged it into the only viable slot pci x or something and turned on my computer and there was no option to auto install drivers Not to be deterred I threw in New graphics card not detected, Help! the included install cd and installed the drivers that way but to no effect My computer still in no way recognized that the card was there I checked this by clicking run in the start menu I m running windows btw and typing dxdiag which is something I saw while googling around for help The resulting window said that currently my card was the card included with the com So after closer inspection I saw a power cable that came with the card it had pins and I saw only one possible place for it to be plugged into my New graphics card not detected, Help! psu so I plugged that in Now when I turned my computer on the moniter would not display anything the power light would glow or orange instead of blue whether it was plugged into the graphics card itself or in my computers VGA input Before without the graphics cards power cord plugged into the psu the moniter at least worked with my regular computers VGA slot My two cents on what s going on To me it seems like when the power cord is being used the graphics card is finally powered and therefore all I d need is to accept it installing the drivers like I did with my friends card although I ve already installed them with my install cd but the moniter can t display anything cause it s not yet installed I don t know what to do if I use the power cord I can t see but if I don t the card isn t detected Help I m posting this from my phone so I can give better info if needed soon nbsp

A:New graphics card not detected, Help!

Bump? Sorry I'm not good with computers if there is any major info I missed let me know and I can get it for you. I appreciate any help immensely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-not-detected-help.926630/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,
I have a Gigabyte AMD socket AMD 2 Motherboard with a onboard graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 6100) but recently i bought a new graphics card GIgabyte Geforce 7200 GS.
I have place it in and tried to change the bios by disabling the onboard graphics card but there wasnt a definate option. There was 2 options that refered to graphics cards in Advance Bios Features, the two were; Init Display first and Onboard GPU.
In the Init Display first, there was 3 options, PCI slot, Onboard VGA or PEG. (which do i select?)
In the Onboard GPU, there was two options, Enable If No Ext PEG or Always Enable ( of course Enable If No Ext PEG but is this the way to disable it?)

When i put the card in and insert the plug to the graphics card, my monitor would not detect the graphic and the screen would remain black.

Any Ideas? Thanx in advance

A:New graphics card not detected

You should select PEG display first. This may sound kinda dumb lol, but does your new card have a power connector on it (it may be a 4-pin normal connector, or the new PCI-E 6 pin connector)?

If so, check it out, also you might want to try to reset the BIOS.

And BTW, welcome to TS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-not-detected.103811/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey there guys Background story trying to get my brother's old computer working It's a Falcon Northwest and the graphics card in it is an Nvidia GTX M I formatted the HD and installed a clean version of Windows on it The graphics card that appears in the dxdiag and display device etc was a quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot From what I read up on it it seems like Windows defaults to this when it cannot recognize the card I attempted to download and install the appropriate drivers from the Nvidia site but upon running the installer it gives me a quot No compatible hardware found quot I read that I would first have to uninstall the quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot in order to properly install the correct drivers so I went ahead and did that However instead of listing the standard vga now it just lists quot n a quot No card shows up anywhere really The Nvidia installer is still unable to install the drivers still doesn't find compatible hardware The computer is either a or Falcon Northwest DRX If you have an suggestions on something I haven't tried yet please let me know Basically everything I've found is quot install the proper video card drivers Detected Card Graphics No quot but that doesn't seem like it's gonna fly

A:No Graphics Card Detected

Quote: Originally Posted by duen

I read that I would first have to uninstall the "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" in order to properly install the correct drivers, so I went ahead and did that.

No, you don't have to do that.

Quote: Originally Posted by duen

However, instead of listing the standard vga, now it just lists "n/a". No card shows up anywhere, really.

It will if you uninstalled the standard VGA driver.

Was this card with this machine from day one, so it was a known working card with the original set up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/304980-no-graphics-card-detected.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My graphics card is not being detected by windows xp. I was using the computer and was installing a windows update when the computer monitor just turned black and the signal got lost. I rebooted the pc but the monitor still didn't receive a signal. I connected the monitor to the onboard graphics plug and went to device manager and the graphics card didn't show up under display adapters. After uninstalling the drivers and updating the bios it still doesnt show and I tried reinstalling new nvidia drivers but it says the nvidia setup program cannot locate any drivers compatible with your hardware and it just closes. Video card: Nvidia 8600gt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-not-detected.875213/
Relevancy 64.5%

So recently my Pls] Detected [Need Help ? Getting Not Graphics Card laptop felldown and got damaged I managed to fix the screen etc etc nbsp nbsp But Graphics Card Not Getting Detected ? [Need Help Pls] when I rebooted it back and when I tried to open Catalyst Control Center it said No amd graphics driver installed or is not functioning properly Please install the amd driver appropiate for your amd software nbsp nbsp And in the dxdiag it shows only MB of graphics instead of G or smtng and in the Device manager it Graphics Card Not Getting Detected ? [Need Help Pls] shows only Display Adapter for AMD Radeon G nbsp Along with these all the swtichable graphics option in the Catalyst Graphics Card Not Getting Detected ? [Need Help Pls] Control Center were gone nbsp Im sure I have installed all the right drivers provided by HP for my laptop model and I tried reinstalling them each time nbsp Also when I ran the AMD AutoDetect Utility for dricers it detected my GPU as nbsp AMD Radeon HD G and not nbsp AMD Radeon HD M nbsp nbsp So Is the graphics card broken If so is there any cheap way to fix this instead of replacing the whole motherboard nbsp Here are the Specs nbsp of my laptop nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PS My internal Graphic Card is nbsp AMD Radeon HD G and My deticated Graphics Card is nbsp AMD Radeon HD M nbsp Please help I dont even know what the problem is yet nbsp

A:Graphics Card Not Getting Detected ? [Need Help Pls]

Do you see two video cards (display adapters) in the control panel? Seriously, it would be odd for the motherboard to get damaged so that only the discrete video was bad...I would think if that got physically damaged the computer would refuse to boot up. I might suggest a reinstall of the operating system. I suspect software corruption resulting from the fall. You can also try to run a full UEFI diagnostic by tapping F2 as you power up. Let's make sure the hard drive is not damaged. What damage was done and what did you fix already? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-Card-Not-Getting-Detected-Need-Help-Pls/td-p/5592656
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey I need help with my computer as i cannot play the Sims anymore I get the following error Failed to find any DirectX c compatible graphics adapters in this system Please make sure you have a direct X c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer The application will now terminate I ve looked all over not Graphics card detected forums trying to find an answer but none have helped I ve run dxdiag and it says that there is no device and that the system is using the generic video driver Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer I don t know where it s gone wrong and this is all i know about my system Specifications SOLTEK System Model ERV BIOS Version American Megatrends Graphics card not detected Inc T Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Version x Family Model Stepping Speed MHz Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Hardware Video Card null DirectX Version DirectX c Any help would be appreciated the Sims used to work perfectly fine before Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-not-detected.829659/
Relevancy 64.5%

i have a dell n5010 it came along with windows 7 home...now since i formatted and installed ultra my graphics card integrated amd radeon is not detected,,installed the drivers as well instead i have a vga one giving a max of 12x7 resolution
one more thing i had a 64 bit home now i have ultra 32 bit...is it because of that?

its similar to this problem
Graphic Card not detected after format; drivers can't be installed

help plz!

A:graphics card not detected

As best as I can find, Dell has no listing of Windows 7 32 bit drivers, they only have 64 bit drivers. Perhaps if you could contact them, they could provide you one. Is there a reason you switched to 32 bit from 64 bit?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/243817-graphics-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey all Cant Second detected not - card graphics SLI seem to get the two Nvidia GTX to show up in my device manager I only get the one And there doesnt seem to be any SLI option in nvidia control panel l My Specs OS Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit CPU Intel R Core TM i - K Quad Graphics Nvidia GTX Motherboard P Z -V Memory gb Corsair DDR PSU Corsair TX Watt I was using a WATT PSU before so I upgraded to WATT PSU in hope it would easily cover it both GPU s are fitted in Second graphics card not detected - SLI the PCI-E amp slots as directed by the manual Ive tried running one card individually in each slot to see if its the slots but the GPU s work in both slots and same is said for both cards they both work individually There doesnt seem to be any options in the Mobo bios ive tried updating it to the latest version still no avail Ive tried uninstalling all drivers using drive sweep then reinstalling drivers version latest for one graphics card in PCI-E slot then taking it out and installing the drivers again for other in PCI-E slot then putting them both in Again no joy Ive got the little strip thing that runs between the slots on the outside of the graphics cards forgive cant remember name Tried with or without that Seriously stuck anyone got any clues nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/second-graphics-card-not-detected-sli.1052198/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi just installed win 7 upgrade from vista on my sony LT1S.

Now video wont play

no blu ray or dvd play back or live tv through media center.

I have just checked my win exp score and it has come down to 1.0 !

Graphics -nothing listed

Gaming graphics-not detected

dedicated graphics memory-0mb
dedicated system memory-0mb
shared system memory-0mb

I have unistalling the driver,on restart it says it is loading standard vga driver.

I have tried loading the driver froom sony and Nvidia but no joy

All was fine before the upgrade.

Has anyone got any ideas (i have asked sony support but after previous experiences i am not holding my hopes up1

Thanks

A:Graphics card not detected

Go to device manager, right click the graphics adapter in question under display adapters, choose properties, details tab, change dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste what is there to here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/32858-graphics-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi

I recently had to reinstall XP and since then my graphics card (Geforce FX 5200) isn't detected in device manager, although the monitor is plugged into it and works fine.

Is it likely to be something to do with the motherboard drivers because I had to reinstall the onboard sound drivers for it?

I tried to install the latest Geforce drivers but the program said it couldn't detect a viable card either.
Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

We bought a GeForce 9600 gt graphics card online and got it in the mail and installed it. Then we needed an adapter, so after some research, we got one. I have a dell inspiron 530.

I tried plugging the monitor cord into the new card spot, and the monitor stayed black, like in power save mode, so I plugged the monitor into the motherboard again. I've looked on the GeForce site for the bios, but the site says it can't detect the hardware.

I know I need to download something for this to work, but I can't get any information that's helpful on the matter. Could you guys help me out?

A:Graphics card not detected?

Hi did you install the driver for the card

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/graphics-card-not-detected-678038.html
Relevancy 64.5%

This is probably a silly question but it has been frustrating me for a while now I have recently bought a new PC with two video cards one nearer the bottom of the tower Not Card Graphics Detected and the other closer to the top The lower one works fine but I really want to use the other one as it has an HD connector and I would like to try it with my monitor using an hdmi to hdmi cable The problem is that I cant seem to get my system to Graphics Card Not Detected detect Graphics Card Not Detected it no despite my best efforts At the moment I Graphics Card Not Detected am using an HDMI-DVI cable which I suppose is as good but one of the reasons I bought this PC is because of the second video card withthe HDMI connection Could anyone please let me know how to solve this Any advice offered is greatly appreciated OS - Windows Vista Ultimate x Processor - Intel Core Quad Q at Ghz Memory - Gb RAM Video Card In Use - Nvidia Geoforce Undetected Video Card - Nvidia GeForce NForce i Please see attached Image though I m not sure how helpful it is nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-not-detected.826480/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi This is my first post on this forum so sorry if it is in the wrong place I have just upgraded from Solved: Detected Graphics Not Card Vista to XP I have an Inspiron and everything has went smoothly apart from installing the graphics card drivers I have an Nvidia GeForce GT Solved: Graphics Card Not Detected graphics card and I tried installing the drivers from the dell website but they won t work since I don t have vista I have tried a few from the NVidia website and other websites and they haven t worked I keep getting an error message saying there are no drivers on my Solved: Graphics Card Not Detected pc which will work with the hardware or something to that effect I was told that my graphics Solved: Graphics Card Not Detected card probably isn t getting picked up since it isn t showing in device manager What can I do If you need any more information about my machine just ask If you do recommend drivers make sure they are for XP not Vista Thank You nbsp

A:Solved: Graphics Card Not Detected

First things first going from Vista to XP is not an upgrade it's a downgrade. The "problems" with Vista where overblown and a computer made for vista works perfectly fine with it.

If you can see your monitor then the computer is picking up the graphics card, it's likely listed as a generic VGA device or something like that if you don't have the proper drivers installed.

You need to go to the Dell website or the Nvidia website and download the Windows XP drivers for the GeForce 8600GT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphics-card-not-detected.818649/
Relevancy 64.07%

Well I'm not sure if my graphics card fits either because when I plug it in to the PCI-E x16 slot, the gold teeth still show.

Any thoughts? Cheers.

Relevancy 64.07%

Dell GX270
500w Power Supply
2.4 GHZ Pentium 4
2048MB RAM

I recently installed a third party video card, so I can function with a dual monitor landscape deal. However, my on board video card is not detected. I tried downloading drivers from intel and dell. All say files are corrupt or missing. I can easily splurge the 4 bucks for a dvi/vga adapter, however I'd rather just stick with what I got. The back of my PC looks like a Fire Marshall's worst nightmare. The neighboorhood would probably be evacuated. Anyways, suggestions? Quick fixes (other than a hard adapter)?

Thanks!!

A:On Board Graphics Card Not Detected!!!

It is probably disabled it the BIOS.

The BIOS may be auto configured depending on which video adapter has the screen cable plugged into to.

See if you can enable it in the BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/on-board-graphics-card-not-detected-482177.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I know this question is asked a lot but my question is whether or not my computer can handle my new graphics card, if my computer isn't detecting the graphics card because it's DOA or just installed wrong. as far as research goes my computer should be able to handle the graphics card, it came with a AMD Radeon R9 200 and i tried installing a MSI Radeon R9 270. As far as physical difference between the graphics cards the R9 200 had 2 PCI-E power sockets, the new one only has one. would it be not enough power? outdated hardware? i installed the driver it came with and made sure i uninstalled the old one but still detects my old GPU.

CyberpowerPC
Apevia X4 Dreamer
Processor: AMD FX™-8320 eight-core Processor 3.50 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
X16 PCI-E 1
MSI 760gm-p34

Relevancy 64.07%

First let me say I know my system is old its dated and I have a feeling its on its last legs or something My system spec custom built pc about years ago Pentium ghz processor MB Ram Windows Home basic bit OS Graphics card ati radeon hd pro My issue a few days ago my system Solved: Graphics being Card not detected started having Solved: Graphics Card not being detected major problems Windows wouldn t load kept crashing wouldn t even defrag or run anything ect So I decided to reinstall windows vista I have very little knowledge of computers I know defrag registry cleaner and antivirus And how to download crap Thats about it So Solved: Graphics Card not being detected I reinstall windows and after a few hours of messing around I seem to get everything up and working again It defrags I can run programs and internet and everything seems awesome Then I try to run Oblivion I get an error The game was able to play before I reinstalled windows I googled the situation--and after a bit of digging I discover my graphics card is disabled I ve spent all of this weekend trying to figure out how to reinstall my graphics card now I have the original cd it came with--tried running that once or twice and no go I go to the site and install all the drivers Nothing I try completly deleting everything ATI related and clean my registry then I try reinstalling the drivers--still nothing Graphics card is not detected by device manager I try installing that ATI Tool thingy---doesn t even pick it up Then I read that going into BIOS and Solved: Graphics Card not being detected disabling integrated video should work--so I go into bios and nothing says integrated video--but I have an integrated devices menu so I go in there and disable everything I can find--start up my comp and try to reinstall the card one more time--still nothing I m out of ideas You guys have any suggestions I really hope my card isn t dead---it needs to last me until I m done with school---just one more year - - Edit if by some horrible stroke of luck my card is dead anyone know where I can find a simillar card that will run oblivion doesn t have to run it on max that is in a college kids budget nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Lenovo z ideapad laptop which has a Nivdia GT M graphics card and an Intel R HD graphics Currently running Windows nbsp nbsp It had recently come to my attentoin by graphics not l... my being detected Nvidia Card is that i was getting a significantly lower FPS when gaming upon further investigation i Nvidia graphics Card is not being detected by my l... realised that the games were all running using the Intel graphics and not the Nvidia I then realised that i was unable to open the Nvidia control panel I immediatley tried to find some solutions and as i had not updated the drivers in some time i went to the Nvidia website to try and download the latest driver for my graphics card after i uninstalled the previous versions using DDU and of course the installation failed in the first step displaying an error message saying ''The graphics driver could not find compatible hadware'' I also tried to install older versions of the driver compatible with windows but it still displays the same error message Geforce Experience did not work and reinstallation of it failed nbsp nbsp 'Display adapters' in device manager only shows the Intel R HD graphics and does not show any signs of the nvidia graphics card i have also read in other forums that people have found their drivers under 'other devices' but this does not appear for me in device manager It's almost as if the Nvidia graphics card never existed nbsp nbsp I finally visited the lenovo website to try and find the drivers here as i thought they may have been modified slightly for it to work on the laptops nbsp nvidia driver for Lenovo Z nbsp However form what i saw the latest drivers i could find only supports up to windows and was released in What would happen if i tried to install this driver on my windows device nbsp nbsp nbsp I also found a video detailing how to edit the INF files to allow the computer to recognise the GPU but im afraid of messing with those things and My VEN ID was which he mentions in the comment that that ID would pose a problem when carrying this process out for reasons i dont know nbsp https www youtube com watch v HKwFHU ka I nbsp I am unsure of exactly when this problem arised and so i cannot use the restore points However i do know that i never had this problem when running windows and the graphics card ran perfectly should i consider rolling back to windows if its possible nbsp As of now I'm stumped and wondering if i should factory reset my computer and pray something good happens i only know the very basics about computers so this has me worried Apologies for the long message any help would be MUCH Appreciated Thank You nbsp CPU intel R core TM i - QM GHz nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Nvidia-graphics-Card-is-not-being-detected-by-my-lenovo-z500/td-p/3454761
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I am having problems with a Graphics detected longer no being card ASUS GTX gb I have only been using this card for to years with slight overclocking Yesterday while I was playing a game CS GO my computer shut off as if it had lost power and then tried to restart itself after a few seconds and seemed to go in a restart loop I held the button down and found that I was getting no signal to my monitor but could tell I was booting into windows I plugged into Intel integrated video and and my screen started working so I opened up Graphics card no longer being detected device manager and only the integrated video was showing up under display adapters I have swapped graphics Graphics card no longer being detected cards with an older computer I can't seem to get a signal from the in the older build while the old AMD that I put in my newer machine is working just fine The fans on the spin normally and led lights next to the power connectors light up normally I Graphics card no longer being detected called ASUS support and confirmed that the card is out of warranty I'm not sure if the problem with the graphics card is something that could be easily troubleshooted on this forum and fixed but I figured I would give it a shot before I go out and buy a new graphics card If you have any suggestions please let me know

A:Graphics card no longer being detected

When was the last time you cleaned it?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/graphics-card-no-longer-being-detected-277487/
Relevancy 64.07%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P G -M LE - card detected PSU Graphics problem? not Rev X x MF A G Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Hi I m pretty Graphics card not detected - PSU problem? new to opening computers and adjusting their hardware but recently tried to install a graphics card into my desktop computer The only graphics card at the time was the onboard one I tried to install a Sapphire Radeon HD PCI-E card I disabled rather than uninstalled the onboard graphics card doing this on the device manager I put the new card in it seemed to click into place and I m sure it was in all the way I plugged the monitor into the card s VGA port turned it on and - no image appeared on the screen I plugged the monitor back into the onboard graphics card port and an image appeared When Windows loaded it did not detect any new hardware I looked on the internet and some people seemed to suggest that I should go into BIOS and somehow tell the computer to look in the PCI-E slot for a graphics card there I couldn t find any settings that allowed me to do that - making me wonder if other people have the same BIOS options that I do Opening up the computer again the fans on the card it s a half-height card for a slim desktop case hence fans plural seemed warm which I thought must mean that it was taking power But eventually I took a look at the PSU and say that it said Total Output Power W The card however had minimum requirements of W Ah I then removed the card again as I understood that taking more power than the PSU could provide would damage the components Okay so these are my questions which I would be very grateful if anyone could answer Does it sound like having too small a power source is my only problem Would the result of too low wattage normally be that the rest of the computer would start up as normal but that the new graphics card would not work and not be detected If I were to get a new PSU - it looks as if the case is designed to fit a PSU of a specific shape Would a higher wattage PSU necessarily be physically bigger Or should this not be a problem If I were to replace a W PSU with say a W PSU then assuming equal levels of efficiency would the W PSU draw twice as much power from the mains for all of the time that the computer was on Or would it just draw as much power as it needed for whatever it was doing at the time If the graphics card were plugged in would it be drawing its full ration from the PSU all of the time or would it only go up significantly when it was being used for demanding activities such as playing games If it is just a matter of getting a new PSU I think I ll do that but if it just leads to me having to get loads of other things upgraded as well I might have to give up as I m only expecting to use the PC for a couple of games anyway Thanks very much if anyone can help nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I recently upgraded Graphics Card Detected Not Nvidia Being to Windows Professional -bit Everything was working fine and dandy until one day I turned off my computer I Nvidia Graphics Card Not Being Detected have a dual monitor setup One monitor was connected to the integrated graphics card on the motherboard while the other monitor was connected to the Nvidia Geforce GT When I turned the computer on the next day the monitor connected to the GT stayed in a black screen I discovered the Device Manager stopped detecting the graphics card altogether as well However when I hit the windows P button to extend and go into screen resolution it shows monitors However the one connected to the GT says quot Another Display Not Detected quot and the resolution is grayed out When I move my mouse over the mouse goes onto the other screen even though it does not detect the graphics card and the monitor is black I have tried and searched EVERYTHING I have found MANY other people with the same problem and no solution I switched monitors to make sure they both worked I have gone into the BIOS and switched it to load the PCI Express graphics card instead of the onboard g-card there is no option to disable the onboard g-card in BIOS I went into the Nvidia Management options to make sure it was set to allow dual displays I have installed older drivers tried compatibility with Vista unplugged and replugged the graphics card Is there anyone out there who has actually solved this problem Does anyone have any unique ideas Thanks

A:Nvidia Graphics Card Not Being Detected

By any chance did you install the NVIDIA beta drivers? If so they are broken for the 8600GT right now (been documented EVERYWHERE)

The only way to fix it is to system restore back before the driver was installed OR a reinstall of Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/118124-nvidia-graphics-card-not-being-detected.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello people of Bleeping Computer!
This is my first time posting here and I have encountered an issue on my computer. About a week ago I some how managed to pick up the ZeroAccess rootkit. Instead of battling the rootkit, I decided to reinstall Windows. Now I reinstalled Windows three times today because each time I reinstalled Windows, my graphics card was not detected. Instead for my AMD R something graphics card I have the default one named "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter." Previously on my other copy of Windows which was infected, my graphics card was detected and everything. I would really appreciate some assistance on this issue I am facing.
Also, I have not installed Windows Updates yet but I don't believe that will help, I will update this thread once I install the updates.

I have yet to hear from you guys and your support and all suggestions are appreciated!

Regards,
Chris

A:Windows 7 Graphics Card Not Detected After Reinstallation

Update//
Should I upgrade to Windows 10 in hope to fix this issue?

Regards,
Chris

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616837/windows-7-graphics-card-not-detected-after-reinstallation/
Relevancy 63.21%

SO i just upgraded from vista to Windows 7 on my Laptop and now my g.c. wont be read like alot of others. Ive tried going to nvidia and find a drive but none work. they keep saying there is no card that can be found and all that fun stuff so if any one can help me id appreciate it.

MY SPECS
Gateway FX Laptop
Model # P6831
Proc Intel core 2 duo t5550 @ 1.83 GHz
Video card i know its a Geforce 8800m but dont know if its GT or GTS

A:HELP!! Same problem as many. Graphics card wont be detected!!

Quote: Originally Posted by JoeyDynamite

SO i just upgraded from vista to Windows 7 on my Laptop and now my g.c. wont be read like alot of others. Ive tried going to nvidia and find a drive but none work. they keep saying there is no card that can be found and all that fun stuff so if any one can help me id appreciate it.

MY SPECS
Gateway FX Laptop
Model # P6831
Proc Intel core 2 duo t5550 @ 1.83 GHz
Video card i know its a Geforce 8800m but dont know if its GT or GTS

Have you checked BIOS to see if the card is enabled?
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/119254-help-same-problem-many-graphics-card-wont-detected.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

I bought a laptop this time 2 years ago. Suddenly wile watching a hd film in bed my laptop over heated and then crashed. So I waited then booted up again and now my good graphics card is not working
It is not being detected in device manager at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

some details on laptop and graphics card. cost me a good bita dosh so would like to get it fixed
Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core?i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card AMD® Radeon® HD 7970M - 2GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

A:Laptop Graphics card suddenly not detected

Ouch if the laptop over heats and shuts down and not recognized again it could actually be physical damage to the video card. Another way to test if the video card has completely failed is by plugging an external monitor into the display port on the laptop. It could connect via hdmi, vga, or possibly display port. If a picture appears on the monitor then it could possibly be software related if you dont see a picture the video card has failed for sure. If it has failed you will more than likely have to replace the motherboard. In rare chance the video card may not be intergrated to motherboard but I doubt it. If you know someone that could whats called (re-flow) the video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-graphics-card-suddenly-not-detected.206677/
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently updated from Vista to Windows I installed all some of my old games Victoria and Mass Effect to be specific and neither works I checked my graphics settings and according to the Device Manager I only have the quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot I know this is wrong I've played dozens of games on Vista and never had this problems I've been looking around some old forums and apparently this is quite a common problem BUT I bought my computer and years ago and I have no recorded nor can remember what exact model my graphics card is I seem to be in a catch I need to install a driver for my PC to recognize my graphics card but I need to be able to know what my graphics card is in order to do that but since my computer can't Graphics Windows Detected not 7 - to Updated Card detect it in the first place I have no idea which it is It is all quite frustrating and I just want to be able to play my games

A:Updated to Windows 7 - Graphics Card not Detected

Brand and model number?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/220952-updated-windows-7-graphics-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I guess a little background is necessary GT) Graphics not Card Solved: being (GeForce by New 9600 PC detected because I may be on the Solved: New Graphics Card (GeForce 9600 GT) not being detected by PC wrong road Solved: New Graphics Card (GeForce 9600 GT) not being detected by PC altogether I was on my computer when the monitor lost its input so I did a hard reboot and when I restarted it the image came on for a few seconds before losing input again I figure it must be the Graphics card overheating so after leaving it off for Solved: New Graphics Card (GeForce 9600 GT) not being detected by PC a while I see that it s now receiving no input at all so I go buy a new one When I took out the old card GeForce also I think megs it s fan wasn t budging so I figured it might have just been overheating due to that but now I m not so sure I just installed a GeForce GT as well as a new stick of RAM because hey why not but that s working perfectly and it s not picking anything up I realize that I ve still got my on-board card so I plug my monitor into that and now it s working but nothing I try is detecting the new card though I know it s on because I can hear the fan When I try to install the drivers off the CD it gives this error quot The Graphics Adapter installed in this System is not compatible with the current set of drivers quot Then it directs me to PNY tech support page but I m like eh I ll ask Yahoo Answers because hey again why not Ok that s all I know to say but there may be some information I m neglecting Let me know if you need anything else Also this is the first time I ve tried installing a card so it may be something obvious and I hope it is but try not to be disappointed I m only one man EDIT Oh also I tried BIOS chose PCI and it s still defaulting to the on-board I ve also downloaded the drivers from nvidia com but it s just popping up with another incompatibility issue nbsp

A:Solved: New Graphics Card (GeForce 9600 GT) not being detected by PC

Something to try: Get into the BIOS and disable the on-board video in there. Save the changes and then turn off the computer. Install the new card. Connect your monitor to it and turn on the computer. Let us know your result.

This worked for me. See this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/781979-solved-device-cannot-find-enough.html

What part of the world are you in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-graphics-card-geforce-9600-gt-not-being-detected-by-pc.782411/
Relevancy 62.78%

my windows 10 pro cannot recognize  nvidia card and only intel card avilable in device manger the second gpu card not showing .. i tried the leastest drivers from nvidia and lenovo drivers but nothing helps 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/nvidia-graphics-card-not-detected-on-my-y700-15isk/td-p/3480805
Relevancy 62.78%

I have the Asus-N61JV notebook with Nvidia Geforce GT 325M grpahics card on Windows 7 32 bit. I downloaded the version 197.16 driver from Nvidia. By default my notebook detects the driver as standard VGA graphics adapter. The Chip type is detected as ?Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics ChipSet?. Now when I follow the manual driver installation the message I am receiving is ?Installing this device is not recommended because Windows cannot verify that iy is compatible with your hardware?. ? , I thought of ignoring this message and proceed with the installation but then paused to check if any one else is facing the same problem. Any idea?

A:Nvidia Geforce GT 325M graphics card is not detected

Well, if you want to install the latest driver for this graphic card, you can find it here.

NVIDIA DRIVERS 197.16 WHQL

Or you can try the one available on the Asus website.

It should work just fine either way, despite the message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/79195-nvidia-geforce-gt-325m-graphics-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I've been having a bevy of issues with my computer ever since I restored it after getting a virus After reinstalling W I've never been able to play a single video game on my computer really defeating the purpose of an Alienware When detected Acceleration Windows not Direct3D Graphics by disabled, Card I try to run Unreal Tournament the error Direct3D Acceleration disabled, Graphics Card not detected by Windows message Direct3D Acceleration disabled, Graphics Card not detected by Windows reads CRITICAL ERROR Please enable Direct D acceleration You can do this by starting dxdiag and enabling it in Display tab after installing DirectX b or later and latest drivers Woohoo So I went to dxdiag and it says that DirectDraw Acce Direct D Accel and AGP Texture Accel are all disabled I went to see what the graphics card is because I forget and Windows can't even tell me what card it is I have no clue Also I can't even use the ethernet port on the computer to hard wire a internet connection I have to use my wireless usb plug in from Netgear Help please Windows Home Premium bit Intel i Quad Core GHz GB ram Unknown graphics card

A:Direct3D Acceleration disabled, Graphics Card not detected by Windows

Quote: Originally Posted by aceylone777

Hi, I've been having a bevy of issues with my computer ever since I restored it after getting a virus. After reinstalling W7, I've never been able to play a single video game on my computer (really defeating the purpose of an Alienware). When I try to run Unreal Tournament 2004, the error message reads CRITICAL ERROR: Please enable Direct3D acceleration. You can do this by starting dxdiag and enabling it in Display tab after installing DirectX 8.1b (or later) and latest drivers. Woohoo. So I went to dxdiag, and it says that DirectDraw Acce;, Direct3D Accel, and AGP Texture Accel are all disabled. I went to see what the graphics card is, because I forget...and Windows can't even tell me what card it is. I have no clue. Also, I can't even use the ethernet port on the computer to hard wire a internet connection; I have to use my wireless usb plug in from Netgear. Help, please!

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Intel i7 Quad Core @ 1.73 GHz
4 GB ram
Unknown graphics card!

Sounds like you need a few drivers, beginning with the ethernet and graphics drivers.

I assume that an Alienware laptop has a service tag, like other Dell products. Take the tag information to support.dell.com. You'll end up here:

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

Switch the OS choice to Win 7 X64. Entering the Service Tag should cause only updates for your specific hardware to appear. (The M15X laptop appears to have been built using either AMD or nVidia graphics.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/228920-direct3d-acceleration-disabled-graphics-card-not-detected-windows.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all Recently my computer under gaming conditions started exhibiting graphical issues in which issues / dxgkrnl.sys) detected BSOD other card graphical often (Graphics not and black white squares would appear on the display area before crashing This progressed to more serious graphical issues frequently resulting in BSOD I took the video card to a friends card where it came up with the same similar errors Error on Device Manager only thing I can think of now is possibly to flash the video card BIOS OS amp Original Windows Home Premium x OS Version OEM - BSOD and other graphical issues (Graphics card often not detected / dxgkrnl.sys) Although I don't think there are any changes Hardware Age All Years Broke years to the day CPU Intel i- k Video Card Nvidia GTX Mother Board ASUS P Z -V LX Memory x Kingston DDR GB PC PSU XTREMEGEAR W Sorry that I haven't provided logs from Performance Monitor as my video card is currently sitting in a box beside me - but just say if they are required and I'll pop it in and give it a whirl Any help confirmation even if of death of the video card would be amazing Thanks in advance

A:BSOD and other graphical issues (Graphics card often not detected / dxgkrnl.sys)

Bump!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-and-other-graphical-issues-graphics-card-often-not-detected-dxgkrnl-sys-948890.html
Relevancy 61.92%

i have a geforce fx 5200 8x agp 128 mb graphic card. it worked fine for me for about an year. but now suddenly only 64 mb of video ram is detected by my system. i checked the 'dxdiag' dialogue box and it also shows only 64 mb of video ram. reinstalling the drivers, the card itself and tweaking different bios settings has not worked for me. what to do? how can this happen? can a part of video card memory just die like this? if not, then what can i do to restore the 'hidden' 64 mb of it? any answers, suggestions etc. will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

A:GeForce Nvidia fx 5200 128mb graphics card, only 64 mb is detected?

I haven't looked up the specs on your card, but usually they are split in two ie 64 + 64 = 128Meg . Even though it's only one card.
I know my 512Meg Vid card does this. It reports two cards in Device Manager as 256M (even though it's only one card)

I don't know all the ins and outs, but I suppose it's faster doing it this way

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-nvidia-fx-5200-128mb-graphics-card-only-64-mb-is-detected.103723/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys,

I've got a Aspire V3, with a GT 730m and Intel HD4000 inside it. My problem is as the title states, my system does not recognize the GT 730.

I've had the laptop for 2 and a half months now and I had no problems for the first month, but since then my card has caused a great amount of frustration.

It's at random, but the problem starts with the card crashing, a BSOD and then the system not recognizing the card. My fix for getting the laptop to re-recognize the card is hooking up a monitor and then uninstalling the Intel card and then rebooting it a time or two.

However this time I am unable to get it to detect the card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A:"An Nvidia graphics card was not detected in your system."

It sounds like a hardware issue to me unfortunately.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/27955-nvidia-graphics-card-not-detected-your-system.html
Relevancy 55.47%

i have installed this new videocard gt 430, i reinstalled graphics driver but windows shows microsoft basic display adapter as current display does not detect gt 430
my monitor is plugged in videocard but detected as basic display adapter and not detected as gt 430 and my game lags what should i do

A:display plug in graphics card (has display) but does no detected

Where did you get the driver from ?

Did you find a Windows 10 driver for that card ?

What did nvidia come up with, what driver did you install ?

GeForce GTX 430 | GeForce

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/374281-display-plug-graphics-card-has-display-but-does-no-detected.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

A:Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Now this card has DDR3 memoryClick to expand...

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-a-ddr2-memory-graphics-card-with-ddr3-sli-graphics-card.890912/
Relevancy 51.6%

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XP

A:TV Tuner Card, Graphics card, Disabling Shared Graphics

RichardB49 said:

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XPClick to expand...

You sure can!!,not sure what you mean by shared graphics though

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-tuner-card-graphics-card-disabling-shared-graphics.336971/
Relevancy 51.6%

My graphics display suddenly stopped for my computer. My PC is not even recognising my monitor, I tested my monitor with some other PC's and it is working properly. I though graphics card not working.??

But since my existing graphics card is gone and there is no on board graphics card on my PC I am not able to uninstall existing graphics card and install new one.

Could some one please suggest me what to do in this situation to see some thing in monitor so that in can start doing Uninstall/Installtions.?

Thank you very much for your replies in advance. I really apprecite it.

Thanks
Satish.

A:How to install graphics card when the existing graphics card in not working.

You could always stick the new one in and boot up in safe mode. Then proceed to uninstall all the remnant drivers. That *shouldn't* cause any problems, but it may be choppy when you boot up.(I've had this happen before, swapping a Riva TNT2 for a GF6600).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-graphics-card-when-the-existing-graphics-card-in-not-working.54327/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi for the last months ive been trying to fix a but Nvidia Random not card with restarts card graphics graphics AMD problem that ive been having with my computer about months ago I did a major pc upgrade where i replaced my motherboard processor ram heat sink power supply and case the only things I used from the original computer where HDD's SDD and my AMD radeon HD gb Now ive have the most strange issue where i can be watching a video off the HDD or surfing the web on youtube etc and not long after I Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card start the activity my computer will turn off like if I had flicked the switch on the back of the power supply and then it boots back up again and will run fine until i start up an activity again and then it does exactly the same thing and reboots there is no BSOD shown nor Dumps Created Ive tried many things to sort this out and have RMA'ed the power supply and the motherboard the motherboard wasn't a direct replacement as they didn't sell my original board anymore which was a gigabyte ga-x -ud now i have an asus p x deluxe I have tried only plugging in one HDD SSD and then tried a spare HDD when that failed i have tried one ram stick at a time and still nothing now heres where it gets strange whilst trying to rule out differnt hardware i switched my AMD card out for a very old mb pcie x nvidia graphics and since then my computer has been running marvelously i can have it playing videos for hours days even although i havent properly tested for days and not a single problem at all The main difference between the cards is obiously one is nvidia and the other is AMD the nvidia one doesn't require any form of external power from the power supply where as the AMD one requires pin connectors and the AMD card is Massively more powerful when compared to the nvidia one the AMD one can run Practically all new titles on max with ease whereas the nividia card struggles to play gta sa on medium so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board a damaged AMD card a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be Any help is appreciated Joe P S sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

A:Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card

Quote: Originally Posted by cannotdisplay64

so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board, a damaged AMD card, a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be. Any help is appreciated.

Joe

P.S. sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

The comparison you are making between GPU brands is pointless as a diagnostic. The MAIN difference I can see is that one card requires external power, and the other one does not. A proper diagnostic would be to test another GPU that requires external power.

I've heard that the specific PSU you bought will sometimes not power all the hardware it is supposed so.
People saying it could barely power a SSD, or even an extra fan.

My thoughts. Try using another PSU, try using a similar GPU. Use your old PSU and see if it still happens for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/276583-random-restarts-amd-graphics-card-but-not-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.88%

ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" Can anyone help me with this error message? I can hear the windows startup sound but it shows no display so i plugged the cable into the motherboad and an error box opend wich stated "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" with no additional information. I searched online and found that asus smart doctor can cause this and they recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers to fix this problem but the pc is not picking up the graphics card to reinstall all the needed drivers. I also found people with the same problem and after they did a clean install of windows7/vista and all the drivers the error box still appeared. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A:ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD"

Do you have the PCIe set as first to initialize in the BIOS? Also, have you tried the card in another slot on the MoBo? Have you tried cleaning out the slot with canned air? Have you tried using a pencil eraser to gently clean the contacts in the GPU where it plugs into the PCIe?

And please, thoroughly fill out your System Specs by clicking on the tab under your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/228579-asus-gt240-graphics-card-error-can-not-find-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I just installed my graphics card and it hasnt changed performance much My intregrated card uses mb ram I think I have mb ram and it still says mb ram card my My is graphics intregrated graphics messing card with new after installing the new card it did not free it up I guess the old controller is messing with it In the device manager I disabled the display adapter before installing the new card However My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card it was a nvidia controller and there is lots of nvidia stuff in the device manager since my new card is using nvidia My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card software also I really dont know what else to to disable or uninstall The display adapter is now the new card that part is working I guess The card I just installed is d fuzion Specifications GPU NVIDIA GeForce MX Bus Type PCI Memory MB here is the link to more specifications http www dfuzion com cards pci asp These are the specifications on my computer Microsoft windows xp home edition version service pack Emachines T AMD Athlon processor ghz it says mb ram tho I have mb and mb rams sticks in it nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I have new dell with ATI RadeonTM X300.. it supports 2 display mode.. I was wondering is it better to use one graphics card with dual screen.. or having two graphics card on same system. I have extra dual head GeForce FX5500 from my old system.

I am using system for video editing and graphics.

thanks for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dual-head-graphics-card-vs-two-graphics-card.456202/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now.
I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I needed. So, I tried just plugging it in and seeing what happens but it doesn't seem to work, I have tried looking for results around the internet and BIOS but they don't seem to work. The three monitors which I have plugged into my GPU, work perfectly fine, but, as I said, the motherboard's VGA port doesn't work. I have heard that such thing definitely is possible, but I cannot find out what I need to do.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/46662-z97-use-integrated-graphics-card-along-external-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

If my motherboard currently has an intigrated graphics card, but has a PCI-E slot, do I need to do anything special after inserteing my graphics card and installing the drivers, or should it just work right away?

A:How do you switch from an integrated graphics card to an "external" graphics card?

Most modern PCs will detect the new installation of the PCI graphics card and automatically disable the onboard graphics, so yes it should just work.

If for some reason you have problems, you may have to make a change in the bios, I cannot be more specific because each bios is different depending on manufacturer, and model of the motherboard.

Install the card, connect your monitor to it and boot up, when you get into Windows install the driver and reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-switch-from-an-integrated-graphics-card-to-an-external-graphics-card.922726/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi My name is Apoorva I am from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for an onboard graphics card and an external graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go between External graphics Graphics Shared) Card Difference (384MB (128/256M & Onboard for an external graphics card for a new Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this external graphic card is MB or MB Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M and as Onboard graphic card already provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Laptop which I am looking for falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Apoorva nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-between-onboard-graphics-384mb-shared-external-graphics-card-128-256m.702994/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

Does anyone know a good Graphics card for use for medium gaming, but mostly on using Adobe Software, for example, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Please find below link to Upgrade options I'm looking at for my old PC:
http://www.novatech.co.uk:80/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-N43051

Recomended the entry level 6600GT lineup for Gaming

I'll list too, in case break in link:

Processor: Athlon 64 3000
Heatsink and Fan: Original Manufacturer
Memory: 1x 512MB 184 PIN 2.5V 400MHZ
Motherboard: NF4UK8AA-8EKRS
Socket Type: 939
Memory Slots: 4x DDR
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) Ultra
AGP Slots N/A
16x PCI-Express Slots 1
1x PCI-Express Slots 2
PCI Slots: 4
CNR Slots: N/A
Onboard Sound: 7.1 channel AC97 (Realtek)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) MAC + PHY (Vitesse)
Onboard Graphics: No
USB Ports: 4
Parallel Ports: 1
Serial Ports: 1
Form Factor: ATX

Look forward to hearing on your advise, Best Regards

A:Whats a Good Graphics card for Gaming and using Adobe Software-Graphics

I've done a lot of research on this because I built a new system back in August. While I am not much of a gamer, I needed a very good NLE machine. However, the card I chose is quite the gamer card but had all the extras I needed to run Adobe Video Collection.

I picked the Connect 3D Radeon X850XT Platinum card from Tigerdirect. At the time it was $350 but I know it's cheaper now. It's got everything you need for a demanding application like Premiere Pro 1.5 and its related software. 256MB of GDDR3 memory and dual DVI outs. I highly recommend this card. I've been using it since the start of September with Adobe and it's great.

Your CPU and memory are a bit more of an important factor with rendering and burning though. My new PC has a 3.4Ghz P4 and 2GB of 533Mhz dual channel RAM. It's an exceptional increase in speed and productivity over my old 2.4Ghz and 512 Rambus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-good-graphics-card-for-gaming-and-using-adobe-software-graphics.37997/
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay I m really depending missing card, Overheating, and adapter graphics graphics not VGA working. on you guys to help me out here So my computer is overheating at temps above C My Nvidia Geforce GT m wont update from the nvidia download page nor from device manager I was just simply updating my drivers from Device Manager when I went Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. to update my VGA Graphics a screen came up and said an error was encountered with Nvidia GeForce GT m Now device manager says VGA Standard graphics adapter cannot start Could this be causing overheating I m also getting strange crashes in League of Legends Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. since this happened where I get a Black Screen and need to hard reboot my Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. computer sometimes after games Anyway its like my Nvidia graphics card is quot missing quot or something P S I also have an under laptop cooling fan Edit Also would restoring to factory settings return my drivers to default again and possibly fix this problem Here are my Computer Specs quot Model Alienware M xR Intel R Core TM i CPU U GHz Installed RAM GB usable Windows bit Display adapters Intel R HD Graphics and Standard VGA graphics adapter nbsp

A:Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-missing-graphics-card-and-vga-graphics-adapter-not-working.1045832/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all Video card appears to be reaching the end of the road with regular crashes of x type After extensive attempts card Enabling method onboard graphics graphics/Disabling to fix it the conclusion is that the card needs to be replaced I plan to acquire a completely new computer when I go overseas in days time Until then a band-aid solution occurred to me to last this week use the onboard graphics integrated in the motherboard instead of the failing discrete graphics card Some background info Motherboard is GA-G M-ES L Graphics card is nVidia GT Current display interface is DVI connected to graphics card VGA cable available My method is Update motherboard GA-G M-ES L drivers Uninstall discrete graphics card nVidia GT drivers Reboot and access BIOS Via BIOS disable graphics card and enable onboard graphics Save and shutdown Disconnect DVI monitor cable from graphics card also from monitor Connect VGA monitor cable to motherboard also to monitor Boot Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method I would lke your opinion on this planned course of action which potentially could be nigh unfixable

A:Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method

That is just how you should do that, it's unremarkable.

Should not be a problem at all, it's routine, you could add another card later and be just fine after disabling on-board again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/291302-enabling-onboard-graphics-disabling-graphics-card-method.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I m having a problem others seem to encouter but can t get it resolved I bought a ATI Radeon X Pro MB PCI-E card I have an Emachine T computer with built in ati xpress Specs found herehttp www emachines com support product support html cat desktop amp subcat T-Series amp model T My problem graphics on new installing card Emachine/onboard-graphics Problem is after installing the card my computer doesn t recognize the hardware As soon as I put Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics the card in my monitor will not work The computer boots up and the monitor has power but no picture The card fan is working i can hear it Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics I take the card out and it works fine Here is what I have tried -Called emachines for support and after disabling my onboard graphics still doesn t work they say call ATI -Tried support from ATI no help they say its the computer -Tried disabling in BIOS but it doesn t offer a selection for that It also does t have a PNP feature Only first initial display which I tried on PCIEX -Plug Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics monitor to both card and onboard -Check MSI website and I do have updated BIOS I can tell that the onboard graphics are disabled due to large scale print I tried uninstalling the drivers but when i turn it on it detects and installs the built in graphics I just can t get the monitor to work whenever the card is inserted If it would work I could manually install the hardware and drivers I m thinking I need a different BIOS that would let me use PNP and disable onboard graphics Any help I would greatly appreciate this is my first time to this website and I thought I would try it before taking my computer to a shop to see if they can fix it Just scared of what they might charge since I only paid about for the card Thanks in advance Kevin nbsp

A:Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics

An extreme option

As you do have the option of a working computer prior to installing the new card I would back up any files that are important to you..
Then, before I would pay someone else BIG bucks, I would put in the new card and try a fresh install of windows. Force it to recognise your new card. The drivers that Windows will pick should suffice until the install is done and you can then install the card specific drivers from your disk.
This is given ONLY as a choice. I am not sure this will solve your problem but IT IS something this cheap bas____ would try before paying someone else.

Good Luck and check back, maybe someone else will contribute a better idea.
Greg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-installing-new-graphics-card-on-emachine-onboard-graphics.41175/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am Techsavy from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for Dedicated Between Card Onboard Graphics Graphics a Difference Solved: an onboard graphics card and a dedicated graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go for a dedicated graphics card for a new laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this dedicated graphic card is MB or MB and Onboard graphic card on the other hand provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card Laptop which I am looking for Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Techsavy nbsp

A:Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-between-onboard-graphics-a-dedicated-graphics-card.759339/
Relevancy 47.73%

I usually make a habit of checking Event Viewer EV on a regular basis having installed new drivers and a new graphics card this morning without a hitch I decided to check EV since this was a rather big change to the system Sure enough there was some new entries However Graphics Event related??) new entries Viewer graphics (NOT Card New when I looked into them they offered little information as to what the problem was When I used the link to see what online information was available the Microsoft site came back New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) with no information fixes for this problem These errors do not seem to be affecting anything but I just wanted to know how you folks think I should proceed Here are the two errors and what info I could pull from EV Device Center New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) - - System - Provider Name DeviceCenter - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer PC Security - EventData Unknown Node text -- gt Second error will be in the next post

A:New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??)

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom0.

+ System
- EventData
\Device\CdRom0
0E00800001000000000000000B0004C001010000000000000000000008480700000000000000000005B9060000000000FFFF FFFF02000000580000840204000001200612080100000000000004010000000000000000000040538B0A80FAFFFF00000000 0000000010B0830A80FAFFFF000000000000000000000000000000001B000000020000000000000000000000700004000000 000A00000000530000000000000000000000
Binary data:

In Words

0000: 0080000E 00000001 00000000 C004000B
0008: 00000101 00000000 00000000 00074808
0010: 00000000 00000000 0006B905 00000000
0018: FFFFFFFF 00000002 84000058 00000402
0020: 12062001 00000108 00000000 00000104
0028: 00000000 00000000 0A8B5340 FFFFFA80
0030: 00000000 00000000 0A83B010 FFFFFA80
0038: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
0040: 0000001B 00000002 00000000 00000000
0048: 00040070 0A000000 00000000 00000053
0050: 00000000 00000000

In Bytes

0000: 0E 00 80 00 01 00 00 00 ..?.....
0008: 00 00 00 00 0B 00 04 C0 .......?
0010: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 08 48 07 00 .....H..
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 05 B9 06 00 00 00 00 00 .?......
0030: FF FF FF FF 02 00 00 00 ????....
0038: 58 00 00 84 02 04 00 00 X..?....
0040: 01 20 06 12 08 01 00 00 . ......
0048: 00 00 00 00 04 01 00 00 ........
0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0058: 40 53 8B 0A 80 FA FF FF @S?.????
0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0068: 10 B0 83 0A 80 FA FF FF .??.????
0070: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0078: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0080: 1B 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 ........
0088: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0090: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A p.......
0098: 00 00 00 00 53 00 00 00 ....S...
00a0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I just wanted to add that when I go into Device Manager there is no problem with the CD/DVD. I tried updating the driver through DM and Windows says the driver is up to date. I popped in a CD and it reads and plays no problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/276096-new-graphics-card-new-event-viewer-entries-not-graphics-related.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello there, I am looking for a dirt cheap, Windows 7 suitable graphics card for use with a PC designed for multimedia purposes (watching films, listening to music etc). I would like to be able to use the full visual effects Windows 7 has to offer. It must have an S-video output and be compatible with the Asus M3A78-CM Motherboard. I have 1 PCI Express x 1 slot free and 2 x PCI 2.2 slots free.

Please provide some suggestions, doesn't have to be brand new.

Either that, or something like the Gadmei XGA/VGA LCD TV BOX. I want to connect my PC with the motherboard mentioned previously to my CRT TV (Panasonic TX-28PL4 Quintrix). The motherboard has onboard graphics via dvi and vga outputs. The TV has an S-VHS plug on the front, as well as RCA Audio/Video sockets. On the rear, it has 1 spare scart input.

What are your thoughts?

A:Graphics Card/Onboard Graphics for Media Centre PC

the graphics card listed in my specs may only be 64MB, but it surprisingly runs aero.
If that seems to be not quite what you're looking for, another card I would recommend is the nvidia 8400GS. It may be 512MB, but thats about as high as it's specs go, but you will need a more powerful PSU (300W+). The 8400GS is about ?30 and a vga to RCA adapter seems to be about ?5 (i recommend you buy the adapter before the card).
The one in my specs just has a VGA port, but the 8400GS has vga, dvi and hdmi (i think the hdmi may need some further cabling in the case, not sure though)

NB (the card listed in my system specs may actually be the GeForce 7200GS, all system information programs tell me that it could be both and there's no sticker on it. all i know for (kinda) certain is that its 64MB )

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/158089-graphics-card-onboard-graphics-media-centre-pc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i am looking to buy a new graphics card to upgrade from the integrated crap that is ati x200 series 64 mb which although i didnt realize really wasnt what i needed to play battlefield 2142 and battlefield 2 so please help me i don have a clue what im doing in this area i have pci-e slots and a £100 budget

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-upgrde-from-integrated-64-mb-graphics-to-real-graphics-card.654809/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently purchased an Acer Veriton M G desktop which has an i - processor Windows Pro bit and Intel HD to PCI-E Graphics to HD graphics install disable how card Intel Graphics listed as the video card I also purchased a PNY nVIDIA Quadro FX PCI-E card for improved picture editing and home video viewing and editing I have already replaced the original wattt how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card power supply to a watt Antec Truepower I had on hand and boosted the RAM to gigs from the original Question Am I getting any improvement in visual quality or system speed with the Quadro or is it a waste of money and I should just save up to buy a bigger video card This card was on sale for If I am getting improvement then I need to ask another question Question Instructions for the Quadro installation are as follows --Uninstall the existing VGA driver -Remove the existing Display Driver via quot Add or Remove Porgrams quot -Shut down your computer --Remove your Existing Graphics Board or Disable Integrated D Graphics Controller skipping instructions on how to remove existing graphics board -Systems with integrated also know as on-board D graphics may require you to disable the integrated D graphics system Consult the owners or vendor manual that came with your PC on how to properly do this So how do I disable the onboard just uninstall the driver The only driver how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card I can find on the uninstall menu is quot Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver quot does this sound correct I did find the option in BIOS and it is currently grayed out I assume it will activate when it senses another graphics card Acer wants me to access their Pay for support system to learn how to disable the onboard so I m searching elsewhere now Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card

It's likely to be an improvement, but check it and see.
Onboard graphics are disabled in the BIOS (Try looking under "Integrated Peripherals" or something similar.
You probably don't need to do this, but it's nice to know how.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-intel-hd-graphics-to-install-pci-e-graphics-card.942178/
Relevancy 47.3%

What I really want to know is how to disable my Radeon HD 4350 graphics card, so that I can swap to Intel HD on-board graphics.

This is so I can compare the two on their Windows Experience Index.

Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there, so I just installed windows 7 on my friend's computer. Previously they had a ATI graphics card (not sure which version) but now it says it has a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Because of this, the resolution isn't displayed correctly and everything is enlarged. This is very annoying. Can anyone help please?? >-<

Relevancy 47.3%

Friends,

Lately I have been having graphics problems in games. There are these " artifacts", wierd shapes, triangles, ect that appear and "shot" through my screen. it is hard to explain what it looks like, except that it is NOT normal.

It is hard to say when these appeared. I have recently got a different monitor. It is not new. It is a Dell CRT monitor. I replaced 1 CRT with another because I am cheap .

I have the latest drivers, I think, for my graphics card ( GeForce 5700 LE ). Not great , but not terrible. I play the games with either low or medium settings. I ran a benchmark test that was terrible.

Any ideas as to weather it is the card or monitor?

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello there, I am looking for a dirt cheap, Windows 7 suitable graphics card for use with a PC designed for multimedia purposes (watching films, listening to music etc). I would like to be able to use the full visual effects Windows 7 has to offer. It must have an S-video output and be compatible with the Asus M3A78-CM Motherboard. I have 1 PCI Express x 1 slot free and 2 x PCI 2.2 slots free.

Please provide some suggestions, doesn't have to be brand new.

Either that, or something like the Gadmei XGA/VGA LCD TV BOX. I want to connect my PC with the motherboard mentioned previously to my CRT TV (Panasonic TX-28PL4 Quintrix). The motherboard has onboard graphics via dvi and vga outputs. The TV has an S-VHS plug on the front, as well as RCA Audio/Video sockets. On the rear, it has 1 spare scart input.

What are your thoughts?

Relevancy 47.3%

I just plugged my monitor into the new card (HD4770) and it works, did not disable or uninstall the integrated graphics. the integrated is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE chipset. The performance index went higher on paper but other than having better resolution I don't see a huge improvment. I still have video lag trying to watch streaming hd movies and my new camera (Panasonic Lumix ZS7) wont play video in HD over my computer. Must I disable and even uninstall the old integrated graphics too or am I missing something else?

A:I just installed a new graphics card, must I disable the old integrated graphics?

Have a look in your bios to see if it has an option to boot from pci-e or intergrated.
What is the motherboard you are using?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/281312-i-just-installed-new-graphics-card-must-i-disable-old-integrated-graphics.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a H535 and added a PCI GeForce GT610 that will support up to 2 monitors. I can get both onboard and PCI to work using 3 monitors, except when I have to turn off the computer.  Then the onboard graphics card fails to activate.   Here is what I have to do to get it working correctly again (I call it "the shuffle").Turn off computerUnplug PCI cardTurn on computer (boots using onboard graphics)Turn off computerInstall PCI cardTurn on computer Then everything works fine again until I have to turn off the computer at which point I have to do the shuffle again.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H535-using-graphics-card-and-onboard-graphics-after-reboot/td-p/3372482
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay so a little while ago after installing a windows update I began not Detected Driver Graphics to experience problems with games not running because no graphics card was detected Before the installation msinfo said I had a AMD HD M and now it is saying I have an AMD Radeon R M x I bought the computer with the M x but it also said it was an M I contacted Cyberpowerpc and they said it was an upgrade which was not unusual for them to include a different graphics card than the one Graphics Driver not Detected purchased so Graphics Driver not Detected I didn t ask any more Graphics Driver not Detected questions Well I tried previously to uninstall Catalyst completely and reinstalling it but after restarting my computer after the uninstall it just starts a blue-screen loop before a login page can even be prompted I restored my laptop to the Windows update and just re-updated my graphics card so it shows the M x again and not the Not quite sure what to do from here so looking for any suggestions Also tried putting in the fangbook drivers CD and I can t run the install driver feature From looking at the contents of the CD it would appear it was designed for Windows which I have windows Please help not quite sure what to do from here usually good about fixing these things Also I have a Fangbook EVO HX - with some slight upgrades off the stock computer nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-driver-not-detected.207871/
Relevancy 46.44%

My Nvidia graphics card has a small cooling fan that is not always working right and I want to uninstall that card and use the
onboard graphics that was installed when i first got the desktop. Will the onboard graphics take the place of the uninstalled card or will I have to reinstall the graphic desktop before I unstalled the bad graphics card.

Relevancy 46.44%

My computer Simultaneously and Card Graphics Onboard Use Graphics a Dell Inspiron desktop Use Graphics Card and Onboard Graphics Simultaneously has a VGA port and an HDMI port built onto the motherboard for integrated graphics I have recently installed an Nvidia GeForce GB dedicated graphics card and it has DVI ports and mini-HDMI port I have a DVI monitor and a VGA monitor DVI-VGA adapter used connected to the graphics card I was trying to connect a projector to the VGA port on the onboard graphics but I couldn t get it to use the onboard graphics with the card installed In BIOS gt Advanced gt Graphics Options there is one setting Intel Multiple Monitor something It has two options Auto and Disabled currently Auto Its in-BIOS description states that it can use both onboard and dedicated cards to run multiple monitors However no luck Windows has shown a third monitor in the display settings with a bunch of quot Attempt VGA Connection quot options Selecting one and choosing Extend Desktop opens a quot Unable to Save Settings quot error Ubuntu does nothing to recognize anything Is it possible to use both the onboard and Nvidia graphics together Or am I better off buying a mini-HDMI to VGA adapter and connecting it to the Nvidia card and the projector Thanks for reading all my extended description PS I would like to get this working in Ubuntu currently but getting it in Windows and Ubuntu would be a bonus nbsp

A:Use Graphics Card and Onboard Graphics Simultaneously

Most of the time, no. Installing an addon card disables the onboard chipset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-graphics-card-and-onboard-graphics-simultaneously.1111649/
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently got a bare bones system that I have put together When I turn on the computer though there is no video at all The fans and lights and harddrives and the LCD on the front of the case all come on but my moniter doesn t seem to be getting a signal of any kind There is no sound like the beeps that would say that it is going through the boot up process I have checked this computer out on another moniter as well as testing the video card in another computer Same results with the moniter and the video card works fine in the other computer It is a Asus K V-MX motherboard and an AMD Sempron processor I was extremly careful with these so there would be no electrostatic discharge I obviously cannot change the BIOS as I can t see them so does anyone have any suggestions for me Thanks a lot P padyn View Public Profile Send a private message to padyn Find More Posts by padyn Add padyn to Your Buddy List Add padyn to Your Ignore List Reply Options Reply Reply w Quote Edit Delete nbsp

A:no video card graphics nor online graphics

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

What is the ram & psu make and model?
Try clearing the cmos, per MoBo book.
First check to see that you used MoBo's stand off's correctly and
that the MoBo is not shorting out on the case.
Do a bare setup, only the essentials. Can be done with or without case.

1.cpu heatsink/fan
2.MoBo
3.1 stick of known good ram
4.video card
5. keyboard
6.monitor

Un-hook all power & data cables (except the power to MoBo)
remove all addin cards.
This is just to get you to the bios screen.
Failing this, try booting without any ram just to see if you get any error
beep codes, same with video card.

This should help getting some trouble shooting in order.
G'Luck and let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-card-graphics-nor-online-graphics.46486/
Relevancy 46.44%

I just picked up an HP dx2000 desktop computer that has the "Intel Extreme Graphics 2" onboard video card. Im trying to play World of Warcraft on the machine and it is a bit jumpy due to what I assume is the graphics card. The system has 1Gb of RAM so I dont believe it has anything to do with the RAM.

My question is, will my system benifit from a PCI graphics card or is the bus too slow for PCI to show any type of improvement? The only reason I say PCI is because the system does not have an AGP slot.

Thanks!

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay so I ve just had to turn my graphics card off This is because the problem that has plagued me (Graphics Corruption Graphics Card) Problem for the better part of the year has gotten worse The problem THIS This first started in the first Q of the year During a game HL GarrysMod the graphics screwed up The thing is when I got back to desktop everything worked works fine Just the graphics are b ggered royally After an email exchange with the sellers of the graphics card An Abit Radeon SE Dabs I got them to take it back and quot fix quot it By quot fix quot I meant that after using the quot fixed quot card for a while a couple few months it happened again around September So I asked them again but the warranty had expired so no Graphics Corruption Problem (Graphics Card) help Graphics Corruption Problem (Graphics Card) there So I simply didn t play any games Apart from a small period of time in October Where it worked for some reason then started screwing up again I haven t been able to play any D games I then reasoned that it struggled on the D factor So I started playing D games like CnC RA and Baldurs Gate But then recently they started to screw up too So I stopped playing games But now tonight the card started screwing up on the desktop So I disabled the card More information While the card was away getting quot fixed quot my stepdad lent me a spare card of his which he no longer has an Nvidia When i put it in the motherboard wouldn t recognise it So we did everything we reinstalled windows we did the drivers again and we finally came to the conclusion that it was the motherboard So we put in a new mobo and it worked This card worked without a hitch I believe that this may have been caused by not uninstalling the previous drivers before putting in the new card However what I want to know is Was this error caused definitely by the card And will I have to get a new mobo when I get my new graphics card Christmas YAY I would like help and advice Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 1545
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I checked the ratings of my components and they came out like this (scale of 1.0 to 7.9):
Processor: 5.5
Memory (RAM): 5.5
Graphics: 3.9
Gaming Graphics: 3.4
Primary hard disk: 5.8

What do I need to do to improve the graphics of my laptop? Do I need to get a new laptop?

*Additional information: I live stream on twitch.tv and I want a good set up for gaming preferably on the computer I currently have. Some of the games I try to play have a lot of lag during the streams and I tried everything to reduce it, but I think it is just my graphics card isn't strong enough. If you want to check out my stream here is the link: www.twitch.tv/diirtyxweezy

A:Do I need a new processor to improve my graphics or do I just need a new graphics card?

This laptop is not a great gaming laptop. There's nothing you can upgrade on it. If you are serious about gaming, use a up-gradable desktop PC or be prepared to spend a great deal more money on a gaming laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-new-processor-to-improve-my-graphics-or-do-i-just-need-a-new-graphics-card.187802/
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently received a BS error from my graphics card. After uninstalling it and using the most up to date AMD Graphics Drivers to reinstall my graphics card in hopes that it fixed the issue, it cause the BS to come back. I then Uninstalled the graphics card again and now I am stuck.

I have no idea what I am doing but my goal is to get my graphics card working on my computer properly again. If anyone can help, it will be very much appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/394286-using-amd-graphics-drivers-reinstall-my-graphics-card-causes-bs.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I currently have two monitors connected and was wondering if the graphics card able to support a four monitor display without any issues.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Is-the-current-graphics-card-Integrated-graphics-using-ATI/td-p/5742906
Relevancy 46.01%

my computer is AGP DDR can i use DDR2 or DDR3 card's in my computer?

A:AGP DDR graphics card to DDR2 graphics card

Your motherboard RAM and the video card's RAM can be different. So it won't be a problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-ddr-graphics-card-to-ddr2-graphics-card.94126/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have problem with my ATI HD 6300 not detected by windows even in Device Manager . I selected also Switchable graphics on BIOS but still not working .. please help me ! i've reinstalled windows to ... same problem help me guys

Untitled.png ?584 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G570-Amd-graphics-not-detected/td-p/3337932
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Everyone I m having some issues with my new laptop and would really DirectX11? Not Detected by Driver Graphics appreciate some help I m trying to run some games with DirectX enabled but I can t due to DxDiag not detecting my AMD m drivers I ve attached the and -bit versions of DxDiag as well as the MSInfo export which shows the drivers are up-to-date Here s what it lists in DxDiag Code Name AMD Radeon HD M Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp F amp amp Driver n a But from the MSInfo file it shows this Code Name AMD Radeon HD M PNP Device ID PCI Graphics Driver Not Detected by DirectX11? VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Graphics Driver Not Detected by DirectX11? amp F amp amp Adapter Type ATI display adapter x Advanced Micro Devices Inc compatible Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD M Adapter RAM bytes Installed Drivers aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx Graphics Driver Not Detected by DirectX11? dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver Version INF File oem inf ati mtag R B PXAI section Color Planes Not Available Color Table Entries Not Available Resolution Not Available Bits Pixel Not Available Memory Address xA - xAFFFFFFF Memory Address xC FC - xC FFFFFF I O Port x F - x FFF IRQ Channel IRQ Driver c windows system drivers atikmpag sys KB bytes PM Note the bottom lines of each code section in DxDiag it says Driver N A but in MSInfo the driver is listed My laptop is an Alienware M x with switchable graphics Intel HD Graphics and AMD m - I use the Intel unless I m gaming Thanks for your time and your help Kallak nbsp

A:Graphics Driver Not Detected by DirectX11?

You should use one graphics card and one only. Switching between the two would cause problems such as this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-driver-not-detected-by-directx11.1068814/
Relevancy 45.58%

Recently I noticed that my resolution was maxed at and i couldnt go any higher than disabled cant blank screen graphics now and Solved: accidently card, card re-enable that and in all of my frustration and attempts to figure out why this was occuring i managed to disable my graphics card and now upon startup everything seems fine while the windows XP logo loading page is up then when the blue screen should Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card appear and the desktop all i get is a blank screen It seems like the comp is startin properly just that i have no graphics Ive tried to go into safe mode but while it begins to Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card load it then stops at agp sys which i then disabled in the recovery console but then it just stops at the Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card previous process and so on Does anyone know how I can re-enable my graphics card or fix this problem about not being able to get into safe mode I cant find anywhere in BIOS where I can re-enable it I ve also taken out the mobo batt and reset CMOS settings but still no go Any help would be hugely appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accidently-disabled-graphics-card-now-blank-screen-and-cant-re-enable-card.598471/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so I just recently got a Dell optiplex GX PC that has- nbsp Intel core quad processor GHz GB ram GB hard tower!) card for mini video & a Dell 755 card GX Graphics the Optiplex (not drive kinda small i know i m looking to upgrade that as well I m posting this here to see if anyone knows mainly what graphics card i could get that would make my PC gaming friendly It doesn t have to be the most amazing stellar quality card out there since iv had some people tell me that you cant upgrade these PCs much But just some good quality advice on the subject and maybe a recommendation on what card brand to get as well as the specs for it Also a recommendation for a video card would be greatly appreciated as well Sorry for my ignorance on on the subject i am new to the PC world I ended up having to get this computer in a pinch because I am a small time graphics design artist and my laptop died and I had orders coming in I m not looking for a quick fix to the problem so even if anyone has a solution that may take a bit or Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) quite a few steps to get underway the help is still greatly welcomed I am hoping if its at all possible to make a good situation out of this and maybe build this PC to fit my needs Thank you to anyone who can help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989376
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so I just recently got a Dell optiplex GX PC that has- nbsp Intel core quad processor GHz GB ram GB hard drive kinda small i know i m looking to upgrade that as well I m posting this here to see if anyone knows mainly what graphics tower!) card GX Dell for Graphics a video (not card 755 & mini the Optiplex card i could get that would make my PC gaming friendly It doesn t have to be the most amazing stellar quality card out there since iv had some people tell me that you cant upgrade these PCs much But just some good quality advice on the subject and maybe a recommendation on what card brand to get as well as the specs for it Also a recommendation for a Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) video card would be greatly appreciated as well Sorry for my ignorance on on the subject i am new to the PC world I ended up having to get this computer in a pinch because I am a small time graphics design artist Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) and my laptop died and I had orders coming in I m not looking for a quick fix to the problem so even if anyone has a solution that may take a bit or quite a few steps to get underway the help is still greatly welcomed I am hoping if its at all possible to make a good situation out of this and maybe build this PC to fit my needs Thank you to anyone who can help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989375
Relevancy 45.58%

I have lost my cd rom windows will not acknowledge that it is there although on start up is is shown as being found. thanks for the help with the video card.

A:lost cd-romdrive while installing graphics card card doesn,t work right either

Welcome to the forum Ray and Julia,

Recheck all the cables and make sure they are plugged in properly.

When you install a new video card you have to remove ALL drivers for the old card.
Uninstall the drivers for the old card in Add/Remove Programs and if you don't have the option there, check in Control Panel/Device Manager and make sure there are not 2 cards showing under Display Adapters. If the old one is still showing, Highlight it and click Remove.

Uninstall the new video card drivers, restart then re-install the new drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-cd-romdrive-while-installing-graphics-card-card-doesn-t-work-right-either.63047/
Relevancy 45.58%

My switchable graphics not detected in BIOS and not even switching after re-installing OSD.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19682336
Relevancy 45.58%

Dear Forum, My HP laptop automatically upgraded to Windows 10 and now I am getting a message that sates ? No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.Can someone please advise me on how to fix this issue. Thank you,

A:PC upgraded to Windows 10, no AMD graphics driver detected

SlamJam Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but not all the older PCs do well with the Win10 Upgrade, due primarily to the lack of HP Win10 drivers for the hardware present in those PCs.Without your detailed product number, I can not confirm whether or not HP has Win10 drivers for your PC, so please follow the directions in this link to find the detailed product number of your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001If that is not possible, then look for a sticker on the PC that includes the product number and post that here.  If the battery is removable, the sticker is likely to be in the battery compartment. We can proceed once you provide the information.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/PC-upgraded-to-Windows-10-no-AMD-graphics-driver-detected/td-p/5654690
Relevancy 45.58%

Hiya,

trying to resolve an issue with my homebuilt computer crashing while playing games. I had an HIS Radeon 5770 installed. I removed it and put in a Radeon 6670. When I powered the computer up, I got "no signal" on my display. I removed the new card and put in the old card again. "no signal"

I tried both in another PCIe slot. "no signal"

For the record, I have a Rampage III Formula mobo. There's no onboard video, so I can't try the computer without a video card.

Help?

A:Installed new Graphics card, now neither new nor old card sends signal to display

Have you tried clearing the mobo's CMOS (including battery removal) ?
Did you test the HD 5770 in another machine to see if it was indeed failing ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-graphics-card-now-neither-new-nor-old-card-sends-signal-to-display.192721/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an Alienware m14x laptop with a GeForce GT 650M graphics card, but lately my games have been recognizing the "Intel HD graphics 4000" as my graphics card.

Anyway to disable the intel card without messing anything else up?

A:Games only recognizing Intel graphics card, but using a real card

I don't know to much about Alienware computers. But the first place I would look is in the BIOS. My old T400 had an option in there to disable the integrated or discrete graphics cards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/293282-games-only-recognizing-intel-graphics-card-but-using-real-card.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My friend had been having some trouble with his graphics card it kept crashing during games and eventually seemed to burn out all together So he bought a new one When he installed it the network was gone he had to reinstall his network card drivers then he updated his graphics card drivers Everything seems peachy He loaded up starcraft II and the game crashes to desktop everytime He can t even select a mode to play So he uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them Now the game loaded at work dont' and same card network card time. the graphics up just fine and he can play BUT when network card and graphics card dont' work at the same time. it loads up the network crashes and he has to reinstall the network drivers After the computer restarts he loaded up starcraft II and now it crashes again So it seems like everytime he updates the network drivers it screws up the graphics card and everytime he updates the graphics card drivers it network card and graphics card dont' work at the same time. screws up the network card I ve never heard of a problem like this so I m at a loss to help nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello and thank you for checking out my post nbsp My apologies for writing a book but I'm hoping to give as much detail as needed the first go round nbsp I just received my custom-built T s -CTO and have a couple technical questions concerns about it nbsp The details of my configuration are located at the bottom of this post nbsp First off Card Nvidia Card T420s Graphics Question... Express & one of the deciding factors of my purchase was the discrete graphics card nbsp On the T s I chose NVIDIA NVS M Optimus Graphics GB Intel Core i - M Processor nbsp I was thrilled to have more than MB of dedicated graphics memory for my T420s Nvidia Graphics Card & Express Card Question... games nbsp Upon receiving my laptop though I ran the Windows Experience Index and saw that the T420s Nvidia Graphics Card & Express Card Question... lowest score was the graphics card which is identified as Intel HD Graphics Family and has MB of dedicated graphics memory nbsp After my heart started beating again I checked Device Manager and found under Display both Intel HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA NVS M listed as working with up-to-date drivers nbsp When I configured the laptop online there was no mention of hybrid graphics so I'm not sure why I have an Intel Graphics card on the machine nbsp My current laptop that I was looking to replace is a T p with a NVIDIA Quadro FX M graphics card and only that NVIDIA card is shown under Device Manager and in the Windows Experience Performance Information nbsp Thinking that perhaps disabling the Intel card would cause the NVIDIA card to take over I disabled that through Device Manager nbsp My screen went black and after feeling quite stupid I rebooted my computer nbsp The default Windows Display driver kicked in allowing me to see well enough to get back to Device Manager and enable the Intel Graphics nbsp I counted myself lucky that I wasn't stuck with a working computer with a blank screen but I'm still confused about why the NVIDIA card isn't the only display adapter on the machine and why it isn't the default main adapter nbsp Most importantly will it be usable to run my games nbsp My second question is regarding the PCI ExpressCard slot nbsp My aim for this machine was to have a HDD to store my data I selected the GB RPM HDD and a SSD to boot and run my programs from nbsp Another reason for choosing this machine was the comment on Lenovo's site stating that a user booted his T s from a solid state drive in the PCI ExpressCard slot which was exactly was I was looking for nbsp I need the CD DVD drive so I can't put the second hard drive in a caddy nbsp During configuration I chose the option for an Express Card Slot amp in Card Reader amp Smart Card Reader nbsp From what I can tell the Express Card slot is not connected to the Card Readers and I will not lose use of those ports nbsp When I opened the computer up to install more RAM I saw what is labeled in Lenovo's hardware manual as the Express Card slot apparently empty - which is great nbsp Now I need to figure out what kind of SSD to look for and on that I'm kinda lost I'm guessing that my ExpressCard slot is mm and PCI form factor rather than USB but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a not-incredibly-educated guess nbsp I'm also not sure where mSATA comes into play for me if at all nbsp Looking at SSDs on sites such as newegg com I'm unsure of what form factor to choose - ExpressCard PCI-E mSATA and or nbsp ----- nbsp The tech specs of my configured T s copy pasted from the order status are as follows nbsp I hope this means more to you than it does to me nbsp Part A nbsp nbsp VBB INTCRI - MPR GHZ M nbsp nbsp VBB GENWIN HOMEPREM nbsp nbsp nbsp which ultimately doesn't matter as I'll be booting from Windows Enterprise on my SSD A nbsp nbsp SBB GW HP US ENGLISH A nbsp nbsp SBB HD LDBCKLTANTGLDSPMBBBRD A nbsp nbsp SBB NVD PNS OPG GBICI - MP M nbsp nbsp VBB GBPC - DDR SODMM nbsp nbsp nbsp which has been removed and replaced by two GB st... Read more

A:T420s Nvidia Graphics Card & Express Card Question...

The T420s with Nvidia GPU has two graphics card that can switch on the fly, if you only want the discrete gpu, just go into your bios menu under graphics there is an option to select discrete.With the Nvidia Optimus (which is what you have), it can switch between Nvidia and Intel GPU depending on your application needs. This will allow you to conserve battery or power. Expresscard slot 34 mm slot is occupied by the card reader that you ordered. What you are talking about within the ram slot cover, is the mPCIe slot, which can be occupied by a mSATA drive. http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T420s-T400s-T410s-removal-of-4-in-1-SD-card-...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420s-Nvidia-Graphics-Card-amp-Express-Card-Questions/td-p/483519
Relevancy 45.15%

i got this error in my friend Hp laptop with some failure id

HP Graphics Video Check detected an issue while running. Invalid task bar settings. Invalid test parameters. Please verify and retest. If problem remains, copy down Failure ID code and contact HP support.

i have done uninstall and re-install of graphics drivers again the same error occurred.

any troubleshooting tips ??

thanks in advance

A:HP Graphics Video Check detected an issue while running.

Need that error code.... and all the specifics of the laptop and the issues.

Why was the check being run in the first place and what else is going on?

...And what did HP support recommend?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/287777-hp-graphics-video-check-detected-issue-while-running.html
Relevancy 45.15%

It all started when last night the graphics on my computer went haywire and I m not sure how to fix that or if it can be fixed Also I cannot acess the help and support center I get a message that there is a Malicious Script Graphics and XP Script Detected Windows Malicious Problem Error Windows Script Host Shell Object Reg Write helpctr exe It reconmends to stop script so I say ok and then I still cannot access the help Malicious Script Detected and Graphics Problem Windows XP center so I do it again and the message continues to come up How do I fix My other question is this and maybe this is where the problem started we started up the computer the other night and my husband had a computer game in the disk drive and we had an error message come up ntldr is missing we ended fixing that by taking out the game and rebooting and now we have those other above problems not sure if they are related or not I m really hoping our graphics card isn t shot We have a HP computer from Walmart we bought years ago any help would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Malicious Script Detected and Graphics Problem Windows XP

1. Start Norton AntiVirus.
2. In Norton AntiVirus Options, click Script Blocking.
3. In the How to respond when a malicious script is found area, click Ask me what to do (recommended).
4. Click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malicious-script-detected-and-graphics-problem-windows-xp.397330/