Windows Support Forum

Map network drive to cloud storage, no syncing, options?

Q: Map network drive to cloud storage, no syncing, options?

Hello I am looking for a solution to the following business issue Preferably a cloud based non-hardware non-vpn solution I have data files used by some mortgage software in my office files across about meg Currently I have just shared the folder and the individual PCs accessing the options? to syncing, no network cloud drive storage, Map data just set their data location as joes-pc datafiles or something like that the data location is set in the mortgage software My main problem is that I am opening an offshore location and I need to have the remote users to also specify a networked location for the file storage I have no vpn or other hardware other than wireless routers Only a few requirements when one user has a file open if a second user tries to open the file from the mortgage software it tells the user the file is already open there is no Map network drive to cloud storage, no syncing, options? simultaneous sharing of a file and this needs to continue I do not want to sync files from the cloud to local drives since I am guessing this would lead to all sorts of sharing issues I basically need the files to act as if they are on my local network I need the files centrally located not distributed to users desktops Secondary issue would be ensuring backups happen somehow right now I just copy the files to a external harddrive once a week but I really should at least use dropbox for this or something so it is done automatically Used carbonite in the past and it encrypted the files in such a way that they were unrecoverable Ideas nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Map network drive to cloud storage, no syncing, options?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Map network drive to cloud storage, no syncing, options?

Some ideas:

1. Purchase a cloud server service.
2. Look at Logmein Hamachi.
3. For backups, use a batch file and set it to run on schedule via Task Scheduler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/map-network-drive-to-cloud-storage-no-syncing-options.189232/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello Forum I am a student trying to figure out the best way to manage my files I would like to find a seamless solution that will allow me to Create files on my home PC View and edit them on other devices and then see those changes reflected in with Local Services Cloud Storage Based Syncing Files the original file Also vice versa So far I have tried Google Drive and OneDrive but I have one primary complaint I don't like how Folders and Files must be placed within respective folder found via the taskbar For example It seems that in order to get a file to sync via Google Drive I have to place it in the isolated Google Drive folder on my PC I think what I would like is to be able to keep my files in their original location on my computer and have a Cloud storage service reference that file and its location That way I can keep everything in the right place so my workflow can operate as usual while having the luxury of viewing and editing the same file remotely Hopefully my needs were sufficiently articulated I look forward to hearing from anyone and am eager to hear about possible solutions Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/398221-syncing-local-files-cloud-based-storage-services.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hey guys Thought it might of Cons Pros Cloud storage options and various be beneficial for us to add a thread here where we can discuss the pros and cons of each of the major cloud storage vendors I'm not really trying to create an argument for which is better or worse but just gathering some information in one place for those to decide on which they like Microsoft Skydrive GB of storage or GB for free if you previously had it local app to sync a folder from local hard drive to cloud and vice versa sharing ability easy access to online copy of Word Excel PowerPoint and OneNote - no ability to throttle bandwidth upload speed - no recycle bin or ability to recover a deleted file - cannot upload entire folder via website only via Skydrive App Dropbox support for almost all platforms Win MAC SmartPhone Tablet LAN sync for faster syncs between local LAN computers Pick and choose which folders you want synced on which computers Pros and Cons of various Cloud storage options sharing ability ability to restore any file or folder deleted in past days ability to get more free space by referrals ability to throttle bandwidth local app to sync a local folder to the cloud vice versa - Only GB of free space by default Upgrade prices are GB for mo or year Upgrade prices for GB are mo or year Google Drive GB of free space Trashcan keeps all deleted files unless you manually delete them from trash Pick and choose which folders you want synced on which computers sharing ability local app to sync a local folder to the cloud vice versa easy access to Google Docs applications - no ability to throttle bandwidth Upgrade prices are GB for month Upgrade prices for GB are month Amazon Cloud Drive GB of free space by default Trashcan keeps all deleted files unless you manually delete them from trash Shell integration to easily copy folders and files using Send To Cloud Drive Music purchased or stored here can be played from Amazon Cloud Player Music purchased from Amazon MP store don't count against your quota - no automatic folder sync utility - no bandwidth throttle - no ability to share files with others Sugar Sync GB of free space extra MB for referrals another MB free for setting up a few features You can pick many different folders to sync to cloud from each device and you can choose which to sync to other devices Dedicated Web Archive folder for quot backups quot rather than quot syncing quot Keeps previous versions of each file available for quot undelete quot Integrates with my Droid so all pictures taken with phone camera are uploaded directly to Mobile Photos folder on Sugar Sync Virtual email address So you can forward emails with attachments here and it strips the email but saves your attachment Bandwidth Throttling Although it's vague You pick Low Medium or High You cannot specify a value Sugar Sync File Manager Easy way to see all of your files on your PC devices and can cut and paste files and folders Ability to share files with others - No Linux client Upgrade prices GB for mo or year Upgrade prices for GB for mo or year

A:Pros and Cons of various Cloud storage options

I don't want to necessarily maintain the master list, so if somebody has the downlow on the mobile apps, that would be great. i dont' use them, so I don't know about them, or even know what I would want out of them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/227586-pros-cons-various-cloud-storage-options.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm trying to map my box com cloud storage using quot Map Network Drive quot I found the quot Map Network Drive quot button at the top of my a "Map Mapping Network using drive" storage site cloud folder I click on quot Connect to a Web Mapping a cloud storage site using "Map Network drive" site that you can use to store your documents and pictures quot I follow through quot Choose a custom network location quot At quot Internet or network address quot I type the url where I would log into box through the Mapping a cloud storage site using "Map Network drive" internet https app box com At next I get the login prompt so I login clicking quot Remember my credentials quot when it returns indicating that my login is incorrect the number of letters in my password has doubled so of course my password is incorrect if the quot network drive quot is adding a bunch of extra characters So I go back and click on quot connect using different credentials quot and get the same result what's Mapping a cloud storage site using "Map Network drive" happening here and how do I fix it

A:Mapping a cloud storage site using "Map Network drive"

Your password looks longer because no one should be able to see how many char your password contains.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/43703-mapping-cloud-storage-site-using-map-network-drive.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Throwing all caution to the wind, Amazon has launched a new cloud storage plan in which users can store an unlimited number of files using its Cloud Drive service for just $59.99 per year. If you're after the absolute cheapest...

Read more

A:Amazon Cloud Drive now offers unlimited storage for $60/year

I love the idea of cloud storage for some things. Here in Maine it is useless. The time it takes to upload anything is abysmal at best. (180k up 50k down) With such a useless connection, cloud storage is not a useful option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amazon-cloud-drive-now-offers-unlimited-storage-for-60-year.210756/
Relevancy 70.95%

Another problem I just noticed is that my files are not syncing with Dropbox or OneDrive. Any way to get this working?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/syncing-with-cloud-1056266.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello everyone It's sad to say but my laptop is now over years options hard storage External drive, etc??? old and i'm really afraid for its health External hard drive, storage options etc??? conditions I feel like it could die out anytime soon now so I'm looking for storage methods to save all the very very important data I have accumulated I just need someplace to External hard drive, storage options etc??? put my stuff on and open it every months or so when i need it so i won't be using it frequently I've looked into purchasing external hard drives but reviews scare me External hard drive, storage options etc??? a lot saying how they only last a few months etc is this true I just need like a larger capacity USB stick that you can stuff under your bed and dust it a year later and it would still work Is there any brand that is super durable Other than that do you know of any other offline storage options I have tried a few cloud storage sites online but I'm not very reassured not having a quot physical quot copy of it

A:External hard drive, storage options etc???

External HDD would be fine. Store it in a fireproof safe that doens't get banged around. Or discs - but those have to be kept in the right environment so data rot doesn't happen. Large capacity flash drives would be alright as well, but data rot still occurs on those over prolonged periods of time (all flash storage suffers from this).

Ideally, go with both offline and online storage. That way you have a physical / local copy if something happens to the cloud storage (or if you need to transfer a lot of data quickly). And if something happens to your physical storage, then you'll have an online backup.

Best route for offline external HDD would be to buy an HDD from a reputable brand, and then buy a separate HDD enclosure that's also a good brand. That way you have warranty separate on both components and it seems like pre-made external HDD's don't last quite as long (IMO).

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/external-hard-drive-storage-options-etc-276144/
Relevancy 68.8%

I just got recommendations OneDrive? cloud -- for syncing backup and Windows I've been using the cloud backup folder syncing service Jungle Disk on Windows for a while I'm not very happy with Jungle Disk no end of bugs and problems Because Microsoft is pushing OneDrive so hard with Windows I thought I would ask a question about it Here are three features I like about Jungle Disk and I would like to know if OneDrive provides them Also if you know of other cloud backup syncing services that might be a little more stable than Jungle Disk let me know A lot of control and options about what files to backup sync how many versions to keep etc I don't want a recommendations for cloud backup and syncing -- OneDrive? quot push one button quot solution Syncing with local storage I can work locally if I want to and then when I next connect to the internet my folder is merged with the network storage Syncing happens practically in real time so you always have several not very old versions available immediately recommendations for cloud backup and syncing -- OneDrive? after a mistake Traditional daily backups that give a form of protection from cryptolocker recommendations for cloud backup and syncing -- OneDrive? My large files are vulnerable to cryptolocker I don't sync those because I can't afford to pay for the storage of many versions plus the bandwidth to sync them in real time would be prohibitive I do automated daily backups to local drives but those are connected so if cryptolocker strikes it will lock those too The solution is a form of daily backup with Jungle Disk that stores just a few old versions of every file and can't be accessed by cryptolocker Mike

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/46598-recommendations-cloud-backup-syncing-onedrive.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I intend to backup my whole system, secondary and external HDDs to Amazon Cloud. Currently my drives are not encrypted at all. I'm running Windows 10 (no UEFI).
I was wondering what is the best way to securely encrypt private data before uploading it to Amazon's cloud? I would like to have on the fly encryption, so there would be no need to create a container any sync it manually with Amazon's cloud software afterwards, but rather sync and encrypt the whole drive in real-time.

Quite some people recommend Boxcryptor, but it doesn't support Amazon's Cloud. Cryptomator seems like a good choice, but how secure is it, since it's not open source? There is also Duplicati, SyncBackPro and StableBit, do you have any experience with any? How do they compare? Any other recommendations?

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/63515-securely-encrypt-drives-before-syncing-them-amazon-s3-cloud.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I intend to backup my whole system, secondary and external HDDs to Amazon Cloud. Currently my drives are not encrypted at all. I'm running Windows 10 (no UEFI).I was wondering what is the best way to securely encrypt private data before uploading it to Amazon's cloud? I would like to have on the fly encryption, so there would be no need to create a container any sync it manually with Amazon's cloud software afterwards, but rather sync and encrypt the whole drive in real-time.Quite some people recommend Boxcryptor, but it doesn't support Amazon's Cloud. Cryptomator seems like a good choice, but how secure is it, since it's not open source? There is also Duplicati, SyncBackPro and StableBit, do you have any experience with any? How do they compare? Any other recommendations?

A:Securely encrypt drives before syncing them to Amazon Cloud

Only one recommendation - - don't encrypt with proprietary software!You'll live to regret it when you need the backup only to find that you can't decrypt it (happens all the time, just read the various forums and you'll see).Zip it up with a password using 7-Zip. That never fails to unzip, I use it all the time to back up sensitive data and unlike encryption software it's not proprietary, it just uses standard zip format.Don't back it up using online storage either. Make three identical backups on three separate hard drives, then keep them under lock and key out of sight, no need to even keep it password-protected if you do that.Online storage is not to be trusted, not in my book. The company could abort it's storage service at any time, or even go bust. You are too trusting of online storage, it's not the answer.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/securely-encrypt-drives-before-syncing-them-to-amazon-cloud/40424.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I intend to backup my whole system, secondary and external HDDs to Amazon Cloud. Currently my drives are not encrypted at all. I'm running Windows 10 (no UEFI).

I was wondering what is the best way to securely encrypt private data before uploading it to Amazon's cloud? I would like to have on the fly encryption, so there would be no need to create a container any sync it manually with Amazon's cloud software afterwards, but rather sync and encrypt the whole drive in real-time.

Quite some people recommend Boxcryptor, but it doesn't support Amazon's Cloud. Cryptomator seems like a good choice, but how secure is it, since it's not open source? There is also Duplicati, SyncBackPro and StableBit, do you have any experience with any? How do they compare? Any other recommendations?

A:Securely encrypt drives before syncing them to Amazon S3 Cloud

Hi:

There are enough fundamental differences between Win7 and Win10 "under the hood" that you might want to pose your question over in our sister forum at tenforums.com?

3rd-party software that works under 7 may not work under 10...
The folks at the other forum may be able to better assist you (even though most of them are "the same" folks as the ones here.)

Sorry I cannot help with your specific question, as I have no experience with the products you mention.
Another option, however, might be to use a different cloud backup service that already includes robust encryption?
While I fully understand the need for security, I get a little nervous when I think about layers and layers of encryption, before, during and after backup. It just seems as though there are many potential failure points that might result in the eventual loss of data or inability to recover it...
IOW, can there be too much of a good thing?
<just musing>

Cheers,
MM

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/400632-securely-encrypt-drives-before-syncing-them-amazon-s3-cloud.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Will soon get a new Win Phone.
Don't want my Outlook data synced to the cloud.
Want only local sync between phone & my PC.
Years back, when Microsoft started to require Sync-to-the-Cloud-by-Default for Outlook on PC & Winphone some folks realized a workaround.
"If I go to settings->email+accounts and change the server to 127.0.0.1 (local host) contacts etc. aren't synced, and stored on the handset. "
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/279833-how-stop-automatic-syncing-contacts-calendar-notes.html#post2502489
Is this still true? What I want to do is sync the data in my PC Outlook with ONLY the phone. So that, my Outlook information isn't in the cloud, or passed to the cloud. Move the data from my PC to the phone via a plain old USB cable. Seems like this strategy above says that's possible?
Thanks!!

A:Prevent Windows 10 Phone from Syncing Outlook Data to the Cloud

when you say outlook data, do you mean emails and contacts and calendar info? Or just something else? Is there any reason you want to do it this way?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434202-prevent-windows-10-phone-syncing-outlook-data-cloud.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I will be going to do further my BE Engineering courses for 4 yeras from now into the Computer Science field and i have heard that it requires some not too big but not too small programs to install on PC i OWN THE hp STREAM 13 laptop i know that it cant be upgraded to better SSD STORAGE but can i use an external hardisk with USB 3.0 uSB INTERFACE to store and install apps & PROGRAMS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Alternate-Upgrade-Options-options-and-storage-help-for/td-p/5666892
Relevancy 64.07%

does anyone here use, or are familiar with, the at&t locker free cloud storage program? i'm unable to log in to my account, & i'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570498/cloud-storage/
Relevancy 64.07%

What is the best cloud storage company?

A:Cloud Storage

Probably should add in what you're comparing (price points, speed, free stroage etc) so what we know what you're looking for.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/cloud-storage.59669/
Relevancy 64.07%

I just got an upgrade from 5Gb to 50Gb of cloud storage - useful for sharing on team collaboration files, and wondered if any forum members has used / is using this service at box.com.

Specifically I want to automate a backup, or the upload & download of changed files. There seems to be a basic 'app' on their site to do this, but it leaves alot to be desired (it doesn't work). I would want to use GoodSync.

I contacted their support team and they couldn't help me. Also contacted GoodSync's support crew and they told me to use WebDAV, but when I try to connect with my credentials, it says "unable to parse redirect url".

Does anybody have any knowledge of box.com?

Thanks
D

A:cloud storage @ www.box.com

Allen
I got interested in the box 'coz a friend who is an IT professional uses it, and told me about it. He told me about the 50gb upgrade. I tried to get it and found out they are discriminating the give-away. My smart-phone isn't an i-phone, I don't have an Apple computer, or an i-pad. Although I've decided after 12 years to drop Verizon, and to never get another HTC android phone, I still have a few months left on the contract. My laptop is just an i3 Toshiba with win7.

It seems that box is failing to look at the whole picture by not making the 50gb upgrade available to everyone. It won't make anyone jump to by an apple device just to get it. An i-phone may be my next choice, but box cloud trying to control this piece of free software really pisses me off! It's poor marketing strategy and will cause people like me to go elsewhere when I run out of options and the need to spend money for cloud storage becomes necessary.

If you read the simple directions, it's not hard at all to use, just limited. Just create a file within the box and drag anything you want to it. 5gb hardly makes it worth fooling with for we who are the wrong...type...box can kma!

A J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208165-cloud-storage-www-box-com.html
Relevancy 64.07%

WD My Cloud 1-Bay 2TB Personal Cloud Storage | Ebuyer.com

Any thoughts on this Please,My son is thinking of getting one and he's interested in the pros and cons.
Thanks.

A:Nas Cloud storage

Pro: Cloud = convenience

Con: Cloud = lower security*

Con: the drive will eventually fail
(Any files kept on any media should be backed up to at least one other location.)
*There is nothing that WD can do that will ever make this totally safe. The same is true for any cloud service. If it did not offer the cloud service, it would be safer. So, what is more important:
Lots of convenience or the relatively slim chance of a break in?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316179-nas-cloud-storage.html
Relevancy 64.07%

What is the best FREE and easiest to use Cloud Storage? I have read about several however I am still undecided. The battery in my laptop will not charge and I am using a power cord. Lately, it has started to stop and go black, if I am on it too long......I am very afraid I am going to loose everything, files, pics, etc. and want to get it backed up ASAP.

A:Cloud Storage

There are a few different options
onedrive googledrive are more of a sync rather than backup
I think you may find for a reliable backup service you would need to pay
I like idrive.com as you can backup all devices - but it does have an annual fee - although 5GB are free

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cloud-storage.1156894/
Relevancy 63.21%

I created a Storage pool with the following setup. Three 3TB drives with parity all in an external enclosure with eSata and USB 2/3 ports. It was connected via USB when created and had production data loaded and tested without any issues.
After a few days of use I decided to see what happened when I tried to access it via the eSata port. No luck, due to a driver on the eSata card issue with Win 8. So I powered all back down and plugged back in via USB. At this point the Storage pool went
into the state as per the screenshot below. Any suggestions to either fix the issue and/or retrieve the data that is in the volume?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/350c9231-e828-4832-aa53-890a2950f947/storage-pool-error-drive-or-storage-space-issues-check-the-physical-drives-and-storage-spaces?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi  I'd like to know if I can use the 50GB cloud storage space that I've found in the product specifications of my notebook (link: http://support.hp.com/it-it/product/HP-ENVY-15-Notebook-PC-series/5401187/model/7039012/document/c04... How can I use it?Thanks in advance, M.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/50GB-cloud-storage/td-p/5616999
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

I'm looking for a cloud storage to use with a group of people.

It should provide >5GB storage,
be usable on Windows and Linux
and free.

So I’m interested in SkyDrive, but stuck in some problems and questions:

- I don't find "My Sky Drive" to mount it as locale drive.
- What is the difference between "Documents" and "My files".
- How does the "Sharing" feature works. What does happen with the mails I enter in the formula? who can they access the files? Especially if they don't have a live ID?
- What does "Syncron SkyDrive" is? Didn't understand how it works?

Or is there a better alternative?

A:Cloud Storage (SkyDrive)

No one uses Online Storages?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/196198-cloud-storage-skydrive.html
Relevancy 63.21%

What do you think of MEGA cloud storage, by Kim Dotcom? Think it has potential? I think one concern is if it gets taken down due to copyright issues and you lose all your files stored on it.

A:What do you think of MEGA cloud storage?

I personally think it's a great site. It's designed to be takedown resistant if I remember correctly, meaning they partner with various companies to store the data. I always prefer self hosting things like this though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567657/what-do-you-think-of-mega-cloud-storage/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,

Have been thinking about the cloud storage options, and have seen several recommendations for the JustCloud outfit.

It "apparently" offers (totally) free, and unlimited storage.

I read their site fairly thoroughly, but the limitations and gimmicks are pretty well hidden on it, assuming there are caveats.

Will blame my ignorance on old age now.

So, O.K. what am I missing ? Is it really totally free and unlimited ?

How do they make a profit ?

Is the storage that is free only for a month or two, and then there is a charge ?

Or,...?

BTW: are there any (other) totally free cloud stgorage options ?

Thanks,
Bob

A:JustCloud Cloud Storage ?

Hi there .. It is not Free you need to read the terms and conditions ..
Cloud Storage From Just Cloud. Free Online Storage

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340163-justcloud-cloud-storage.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there, computer people!
I have a simple question. I am using free cloud storage through Weiyun and I installed the client for my Mac, and I have the folder on my computer to sync to the cloud. What I'm wondering is if I put files into that folder, is it also being saved to my computer (taking up disk space) as well as being put into the cloud?

Thanks!

A:Cloud Storage Question!

I do not know about how Weiyun Cloud works.

In general, file syncing over the cloud means that files are updated to all the connected locations. Latest files are kept in your local hard disk folder as well as on the cloud.

But in most cloud storage systems there are settings to sync only a particular folder or set of files.

So yes, it may be taking up space on your hard disk (and consuming network bandwidth for downloading files) depending on your configuration settings.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527570/cloud-storage-question/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello For several years now I have been backing up to an external Seagate HD Drive has only been plugged in during the backups and left unplugged normally So today ?) storage regarding HD External cloud Try (and, Bad: What Gone ? To I wanted to backup some more but Sounds like it is whirling from the sound I can hear but the icon light on the case does not light Also my PC will not recognize it So is there anything to try before just External HD Gone Bad: What To Try ? (and, regarding cloud storage ?) admitting that it has gone bad Any External HD Gone Bad: What To Try ? (and, regarding cloud storage ?) tricks hints etc to try And just wondering a Are USB Memory Sticks considered more reliable for long term storage Sandisk still the quot best quot b It seems like for quot large quot storage or even for the larger memory stick sizes say for the GB ones the only thing that makes sense for me now and for the future is to probably sign up for some Cloud Storage The Cloud storage concept has never sat very well with me due to security concerns and also the time it would take to upload to their Servers several hundred GB Ugh Any thoughts on this Who offers a really good not too expensive service I know there are many many that offer cloud storage these days I really know nothing about cloud storage What should I be aware of make sure of getting caveats etc with the particular services as I go about picking one Much thanks Appreciate the help Bob than the typical external HD

A:External HD Gone Bad: What To Try ? (and, regarding cloud storage ?)

There are knowledgeable people who might help you with the disk, however try the obvious:
- did you check the Device Manager, all ok there?
- can you use a different cable?
- a different USB port?

USB sticks are not reliable backup devices. Sandisk Extreme's are the best performing sticks atm. 2 years old test but hopefully still is true 31 USB 3.0 Thumb Drives, Tested And Reviewed - 31 USB 3.0 Thumb Drives, Rounded-Up.

Can't say anything about Cloud storage as I would literally time-out and die of old age before I could upload my data to cloud (1Mbit upload )

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370008-external-hd-gone-bad-what-try-regarding-cloud-storage.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys. Id like to offer a cloud storage solution for my customers data back up. I had heard that there are companies that work in this manner. Basically, I pay for the cloud storage and charge my customers a fee for backing up their systems to recoup my monthly/yearly cost and generate some revenue. I planned on charging them for the cloud service while in-tern waiving my wipe and reload fee if they ever need the service. Can I just use carbonite or one of the mainstream service or would that be against their user agreement? Just curious if anyone has offered this service and how they did it, or should I just create physical back up options for my customers. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cloud-storage-solution.1166022/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi we currently have a local NAS device with over 600 GB stored on it. I'm sure we have a lot of duplicate files on it. We currently back it up with a Online company. I have 2 questions.

First what are some recommendations for a file duplicate finder program? My thought is to have one of our users with knowledge of their folders run a duplicate file finder, then manually delete the duplicate files as they see fit.

Second I'd like to know what some other businesses have used as a cloud storage option. I'd like to hear your thoughts of the pluses and minuses of the companies that have been used.

Thanks for any input on both questions.

A:Cloud Storage for a business

Well...I would leave "duplicate files" alone.

600GB isn't a lot of storage, IMO.  I'm just a casual user but I have well over 5TB of data files stored on this system...and I know those files are nothing but data files.

Installing various programs may result in the appearance of duplicate system/program files...but if those files are removed from the location where the programs expects to find them...the program may hiccup.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595253/cloud-storage-for-a-business/
Relevancy 62.35%

~20 GBs of files exist on my D: drive and are synced w/either Dropbox, Skydrive or Google Drive. I am replacing my C: drive and doing a fresh Win7 install (no, I can't restore a system image).

I will eventually re-install the desktop apps for those three cloud services and point them to their respective folders on D: The physical files should still be in sync, but will each service need to go through an indexing or "inventory" process or something? Basically, is it going to take a long time until reaching "synced" or "up to date" status for each? Thanks.

A:Resync Cloud Storage After OS (Re-)Install

If helpful to anyone, Dropbox and SkyDrive are intelligent enough to recognize files that have been previously synced. Indexing ~18GBs in DB took about 10 minutes.

Google Drive isn't so smart. It doesn't offer an option to merge existing files. When manually selecting your local GD folder, it would only let me select an empty folder. After choosing an empty folder, I tried moving over folders that were previously synced, but GD would just create a duplicate folder of each from the cloud. Stupid.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279300-resync-cloud-storage-after-os-re-install.html
Relevancy 62.35%

using windows 10 with hubic cloud storage, about 2 weeks ago when clicking on the hubic desktop app to upload files I am informed hubic is already running, restarting pc and tring to open hubic nothing happens, then I get the 'hubic is already running' message. I have registered on the hubic forum but after logging on I cannot find out how to post this message, another person has a similar problem on a mac, when trying to click on their message I am told I don't have permission to access this post. has anybody here had this problem of opening the hubic app, if so how did you manage it? all help and advice appreciated

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/hubic-cloud-storage-app-open-4610126/
Relevancy 62.35%

What do you think of cloud storage? Good or bad idea? Thank you for this information in advance.

A:What do you think of cloud storage? Good or bad idea?

From my personal experience, I can tell you about dropbox. It is free and allows you to even find documents that you deleted in the past. It is stored in the cloud, and documents will not be lost due to hardware problems. I use it in conjuction with Karens Replicator with the back ups on my external drive.
The good think about cloud storage is that you do not have to worry about your hard drive going bad. You can also access, items like pictures etc, to show friends or even enemies when you are not at your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359144-what-do-you-think-cloud-storage-good-bad-idea.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My husband asked me to figure out the best cloud storage for him to share Excel spreadsheets and pictures with his work colleagues.  We already use Dropbox for our personal finance forms etc, and so I don't think we could use our free Dropbox account and make it where part of it was public, and part private.  (At least I don't think we can.)  Can anyone recommend another good sharing storage account and while you're at it, what is the best (and cheapest) way to get Excel?  I don't know if there's a free version floating out there or not.  Up to this point, we've used our Ipad's Numbers, but his new job requires Excel.  I'm hoping to drop as little money on it as possible.  Thanks! 

A:Excel and best cloud storage for sharing

If you have a Hotmail or Outlook.com email account, you can use OneDrive.Comes with about 15 GBs of free storage, and it includes Office online, so you can create Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote documents in the web browser.
Since he has Excel, he can just upload the spreadsheets, but if he needs to work on them and he's not at his PC, he can edit them in the browser. Everything gets saved to the cloud, it syncs everything between the cloud and the PC like Dropbox, and you can determine what you do and don't want to share.
And it's free.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544905/excel-and-best-cloud-storage-for-sharing/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

We are looking at moving into cloud storage, vps email and web hosting and we are just wondering what is the best way to go about this? we have the hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cloud-storage-vps-email-and-web-hosting.1096465/
Relevancy 62.35%

What is the best cloud storage company?

A:Cloud Storage in terms of Security?

Probably should add in what you're comparing (price points, speed, free stroage etc) so what we know what you're looking for.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/cloud-storage-in-terms-of-security.59669/
Relevancy 62.35%

Any suggestions on a Cloud Storage, I'm looking for a cloud storage solution that I can upload 100+ gigs. The only issue I have is, like with most my upload speed would cause 100+ gigs to take an awful long time to upload, how is this compensated ?

A:Massive Cloud Storage Suggestions?

100+ gigs is going to cost you. As for the upload, my only answer for that is "patience".

This company got a great review from Maximum PC and this page lists their chief competitors, too:
https://www.sugarsync.com/sync_comparison.html

Pricing:

https://www.sugarsync.com/products/sync_pricing.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/167099-massive-cloud-storage-suggestions.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Some years ago I began using cloud storage as an additional back up measure for my many irreplaceable storage Problem cloud sync using with files In the process I have occasionally lost some valued files and believe it was due to the way sync works When I try to find a thorough explanation on the internet I come up empty I did recently learn that there are two types of sync quot one way quot target to source and quot two way quot a k a quot mirror quot source to target as well as target to source As I understand it if you are using quot one way quot and for some reason the magic folder on your computer is empty maybe it was moved AND the quot source quot is the folder on your computer then you will lose all the files on the cloud except for trash If you are using quot mirror quot this would not happen The problem is this It seems impossible to say in the case of any particular cloud whether syncing is one way Problem using sync with cloud storage or mirror and if one way which side is the target and which side is the source Not knowing that makes it difficult to avoid losing files I have starting to disable syncing for that reason but that has undesirable results too

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-using-sync-with-cloud-storage-1102338.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Starting yesterday when I go to run an app (different programs or tools), I'm sometimes getting the following popup.
Cloud Storage Integrator Beta 1

The beta version of Cloud Storage Integrator used by this application has expired.
Please visit /n software - The Net Tools Company for an updated version.
This verion of the componet will no longer function.

I'm running Windows 8.1 pro, current with patches, onedrive disabled long ago when I updated to 8.1

This happens with different apps, and I'm wondering if this is related to onedrive somehow? Anyone else seen this?

A:Cloud Storage Integrator Beta 1

Never mind, my bad. Turns out it only happens with apps that I run from scripts, error is popping up from jpsoft's Take Command.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/73202-cloud-storage-integrator-beta-1-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I purchased a HP 110-243WB desk top PC . How do I activate the 25 GB lifetime cloud storage from (BOX) that came with the computer ?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How do I activate the 25 GB lifetime cloud storage from (BOX...

Actually cloud is a 3rd party software. Yes, it may came with HP when you first purchased the pc but for the activation of that you may contact cloud as they need to perform some sort of registration.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-activate-the-25-GB-lifetime-cloud-storage-from-BOX/td-p/5577460
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi. I've been reading about cloud storage and encryption recently. Of all the cloud storage services, Spideroak is often singled out for praise because it encrypts your document at source. Personally, I use Dropbox which doesn't do this but I can easily encrypt a document before it goes to 'the cloud' by using Cryptsync.

Anybody I choose to share that document with only needs to know the Cryptsync password. Which leads me to my question: is there any point to the encryption of files destined for 'the cloud'? Why not just password-protect them? As far as I can see, the bad guys in either scenario simply have to crack a password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382732-password-encryption-cloud-storage.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I store a number of things on Panmind cloud storage system, including a very important document of, currently, over a hundred pages. Panmind has a habit of going down occasionally and because of this I have been using a secondary cloud system to be able to access it whenever I need it. However Panmind has now been down for several weeks. Does anyone know if it has ceased to exist as I can't find anything anywhere as to what has happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/panmind-cloud-storage-problem-4604526/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi folks Want to buy an external TB HD and of course looked thru Amazon Quite disturbing reading all the reviews as neither Seagate or Western Digital shine Most of the reviews talk about their conking out in a few HD On Storage word External for ? & (right Cloud ?) Which months flimsy construction no customer service etc Seagate quot used quot to be so good wonder what happened Anyway I have to buy something Is their any kind of concensous among you experts which brand and model might prove to Which External HD ? & On Cloud Storage (right word for ?) be be the best bet Who still has the best reputation And at my age it is getting to be hard to keep up with all of this Heard about cloud-storage where you wouldn't back up to your own HD but send all the files to some other place via the web Seems like it would be awfully slow to transfer particularly videos of Grandkid of course Might someone give me a few words on this possibility please Thanks for opinions Bob

A:Which External HD ? & On Cloud Storage (right word for ?)

I bought a year/half ago one 1Tb Western Digital Elements 3,5", 7200 Rpm_Usb 2.0.

It is enough for external hard drive. the only thing is that it had no switch on/off. Just have to unplug or put it in a rack that have a switch. It is already pre-formated to NTFS, just plug & play and have a capabilities to idle.

Oops, looks you're looking for video HD Hard drive...like this one? WD Elements Play 1 TB

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/218834-external-hd-cloud-storage-right-word.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi guys I have a simple wi-fi set up at home - one laptop Vista and a PC XP both connected wirelessly I allow sharing between Storage Network Want buy a to Drive the two computers and that works fine except of course that the PC has to be switched on in order for us to access its data The simple solution seems to me to be to buy an HDD for Network Storage and just have both computers access that I plan to connect the HDD to my modem router via ethernet cable The simple Want to buy a Network Storage Drive question is does anyone recommend a particular HDD I Want to buy a Network Storage Drive ve done some research this morning and am leaning to either a Buffalo LinkStation Live GB Shared Network Storage HS-DH GL from Amazon b Freecom External Network HDD GB USB LAN NAS Drive from Amazon Both seem reasonably priced and get good write-ups - I m leaning towards the Buffalo Does anyone have any thoughts or different recommendations I reckon Gb is Want to buy a Network Storage Drive all I need for the time being and I m not inclined to pay much more than unless you advise otherwise nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hey all,

I recently purchased a SimpleShare Office Storage Server and for the life of me can't figure out why I can't map the drive in Windows XP. I can ping the server just fine. I can access its web-based administration page just fine, but I can't map the drive or see it in Network Places. I've double-checked the workgroup name for the server and it's the same as my computer. Do I need certain services enabled? Do I need to do anything with my network settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DSL Router/Modem: Westell 327W

A:Can't Map or See Network Storage Drive

Lookup

If they are both in the same workgroup and you are certain that you've made all the proper rights allowances, try mapping to the server by IP address.

E.g., in expolrer Tools\map_network_drive \\192.168.254.253\sharename. If this works, it may be a lookup problem. Try adding the server to your hosts table (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) and your XP box to the hosts table on the server. (and/or LMHOSTS)

If you can't map using IP address, let us know what the error is.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-map-or-see-network-storage-drive.51309/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello. I have a seagate Free Agent Go 250 Gb usb external drive and have it connected to my router as a storage device. The device is configured on the router's config page to allow access to the entire drive.

I am looking for a program that will allow me to install applications and
other software over the network and access/run them over the network.
Any suggestions?
Ceedo Enterprise does NOT work. So I have resoved to giving up on this program. It works fine if connected to a computer, not a router. I have tried EVERYTHING. Its a shame cause I reallyy liked it too.
Disabling UAC didn't work, neither did setting permissions, or turning off firewalls. Just doesn't work so now I am seeking help to find a program that will work.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys. I'm quite tired of using several cloud systems to farm free storage and in the end suffer with government spying my files.

Any alternative that works? I've found this Fibo for cloud and streaming, but they're not open yet. I wonder if there any similar to http://www.fibo.io/ ?

A:Safe cloud storage or torrent streaming to use?

A big portable disk works for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-cloud-storage-or-torrent-streaming-to-use.1163718/
Relevancy 61.92%

I know its not especially common but in theory of course Ransomware can attack any drives the OS has write access to these include everything from attached storage to network drives to cloud drives mounted to the OS as a volume like Windows integrated OneDrive amongst others I m wondering if there are best practices to securing these drives Of course what I want is cold cloud storage which is completely detached and never exposed to the host OS The simple method is a Dropbox-esque web interface and there are various services like that A more on Securing Comments Ransomware Storage Cloud from complicated solution which I prefer is to use Amazon CloudDrive and link it to a desktop program like Arq for management Arq support tells me the drive never mounts to the OS and is Comments on Securing Cloud Storage from Ransomware essentially managed through the Amazon web API In theory this should be secure from Ransomware illicit write actions What Comments on Securing Cloud Storage from Ransomware I m now worried about though is that a lot of the files getting put into these cloud services for storage could themselves be infected with say Ransomware or even malware more generally Say its hiding in a PDF or an Excel Macro something like that Of course it will be dormant in the storage system and unable to execute without a host But lets say I one day retrieve that file it could infect the machine Am I correct to understand that the best only real way to deal with this is to scan every file that goes into the cloud storage and hope that s sufficient Assuming all other security precautions AV anti-malware anti-exploit best practices etc etc are taken nbsp

A:Comments on Securing Cloud Storage from Ransomware

Cloud storage security provide almost a full protection and encryption however since ransomware and other threats are so good to hide through its identity hence chance of infection. Which why steer away on any multi connected networks to avoid the spread of viruses immediately.

Yes in order to deal it is by scan them, as much as possible multi engines to have second opinion.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/comments-on-securing-cloud-storage-from-ransomware.59826/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello nbsp nbsp Is there any knowledge on whether it's possible to make the Lenovo Beacon A... HDMI Lenovo Beacon and Storage MP3, Cloud DTS DD pass DD and or DTS audio through it's HDMI nbsp I just bought a Beacon and it plays avi files without audio at all it plays MP and MKV with AAC ch audio just fine but when I play a MKV with Lenovo Beacon Cloud Storage HDMI MP3, DD and DTS A... DD AC audio it somehow downsamples it to a ch signal and I can't see any options anywhere on how to make any changes regarding the audio output nbsp The whole Audio section in the XBMC settings is completely missing The Beacon tech specs Lenovo Beacon Cloud Storage HDMI MP3, DD and DTS A... say that it supports DD and DD formats but I don't know where it supports them Yes I can play files stored on the NAS via DLNA on my smart TV and those files keep the DD sound but the DD doesn't work in local play mode via HDMI of the Beacon nbsp Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp nbsp Moderator comment Please refrain from bumping your thread s post s more frequently than days Doing so unfairly pushes other members' threads downwards Bumping post s removed

A:Lenovo Beacon Cloud Storage HDMI MP3, DD and DTS A...

I think that we must wait for firmware update from Lenovo for working sound on Beacon device, but when it comes out is mystery.

OS6.build_195_v1.1.9.2.ROW after ud Lenovo Beacon Version 1.7.1013.0, OS6.build_195_v1.1.10.2.ROW, latest OS6.build_195_v1.1.12.2.ROWLenovo IdeaPad s12Ion, Levovo G580, Lenovo B5400.....

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Lenovo-Beacon-Cloud-Storage-HDMI-MP3-DD-and-DTS-Audio/td-p/2046231
Relevancy 61.92%

Can somebody tell me which type or model of disks are used in Lenovo Beacon Cloud Storage 2x 3TB HDD?Thx!

OS6.build_195_v1.1.9.2.ROW after ud Lenovo Beacon Version 1.7.1013.0, OS6.build_195_v1.1.10.2.ROW, latest OS6.build_195_v1.1.12.2.ROWLenovo IdeaPad s12Ion, Levovo G580, Lenovo B5400.....

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Beacon Cloud Storage 2x 3TB HDD type of dis...

I let you know as soon as possible.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Lenovo-Beacon-Cloud-Storage-2x-3TB-HDD-type-of-disks/td-p/2031967
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all Tech Gurus amp Saviors I am using IDriveSync Cloud application not connecting Storage Desktop is for online backup and storage and through Cloud Storage Desktop application is not connecting referrals I have earned total space of GB Problem is the desktop application has stopped working i e it is unable to connect to Internet I contacted their online support they probed my system using teamviewer but problem still persists When I try to connect the application it displays the message that quot the firewall maybe blocking the application quot I am using Windows Home premium on my Presario CQ I am not using any third party firewall only windows firewall and the programs executables are already in the allowed list of firewall I am using Avast free edition and I even disabled it and the firewall and tried to connect but of no help Can any tech guru help me Regards Yasir Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB R Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cloud-storage-desktop-application-is-not-connecting.1100384/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all;

I'm going to be upgrading to a new Windows 8 PC soon. My external hard drive is giving me problems for the 3rd time and I think I'll have to reformat it once again and lose some important files. Frankly I'm tired of this. I want to move to cloud storage and not worry about this kind of thing happening again.

What is a good cloud storage service for backing up an entire computer reliably?

Thank you!

A:Recommend a good cloud storage service?

Depends what files you actually want to back up.
Personally i use a combination of Google Drive and Skydrive, both have free accounts but i pay for extra storage on both.

There are loads more but it depends on what your needs are.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13054-recommend-good-cloud-storage-service.html
Relevancy 61.06%

No idea where to put this so I expect it to be moved. I currently take all my pictures and videos off of multiple devices and put them all on an external hard drive.  I am looking to cloud storage for these.  I don't want a program that will always be running, I don't need syncing.  I want something that I start up when I need to add files or backup.  Does anyone have a good suggestion ?

Thanks 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594946/cloud-back-up-options/
Relevancy 61.06%

https copy com r Zd hT If you like the sound of this cloud storage service click on the link and I will get an extra GB and so will you Quote Copy was created to meet the exceedingly high design demands of storage file no !!! free limit cloud Copy today s online and mobile users and to provide the advanced security and corporate features required for businesses Additional highlights of the service include Multiple device compatibility Copy works across Windows Mac OSX and Linux computers and offers mobile device support for Apple iOS iPhone iPod Touch and iPad and Android with Windows Mobile coming soon Easy file sharing without limits Copy allows users to upload and share files of any size including p videos and raw photographs without size limitations often found in email attachments These shared files and folders can be sent to anyone either publicly or privately and accessed from any location or device More security Copy provides a secure alternative to other cloud storage services Copy !!! free no file limit cloud storage Included data verification inspects data before Copy accepts it into the user s cloud storage File-level ownership is verified prior to transferring anything to other devices Copy also allows users to share files privately using Copy s built-in identify verification Company control Copy extends its cloud Copy !!! free no file limit cloud storage storage and sharing benefits into corporate environments with user and group management and added controls for proprietary company data There is a package in the AUR https aur archlinu ges copy-agent It is touted to work on most linux os s Windows Macs and mobiles I have just installed it and it works well The no limit on file size is a great feature Seems to work flawlessly Here is a link to a teensyweensy file I uploaded as a test It is well worth a read https copy com JItFzmgIWLF nbsp

A:Copy !!! free no file limit cloud storage

Looks good but most cloud storage operators have it in the smallprint when you sign up that photographs etc etc can be used by them, thats why I don't upload anything to Google or Fartbook as they can use my images as they see fit..

If this Copy cloud storage is secure and doesn't have that restriction then I will sign up through your link

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/copy-free-no-file-limit-cloud-storage.4058648/
Relevancy 60.63%

I currently use CrashPlan, but need to backup more than one computer, which doubles the price. BackBlaze used to be a top product, but don't see if even making the reviews anymore...

Looking for unlimited storage, continuous backup, image backup, good retention, all for cheap (LOL!).

Recommendations and reasoning appreciated! Thanks!

A:Best online backup options (Cloud)?

You aren't going to be able to beat the price of CrashPlan and still have the same level of safety and reliability. I prefer Carbonite myself but it will still cost more for multiple computers. Only you can determine how valuable your data is and how much you are willing to spend to protect it. Considering how much data recovery costs, assuming lost data can even be recovered (often, it cannot), unless yu can replace your data pretty much for free, shelling out the shekels for safe and reliable backups is far cheaper.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/355522-best-online-backup-options-cloud.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I've been researching this all morning so I'm reaching out to see if someone has an answer What I am trying to do is to point the Libraries in windows docs music pictures videos etc to network storage and off the local computer Then I want to hide the C drive from view The goal is the force the user to save any documents and files to a folder in their libraries for example documents or pictures which will all be located to a network storage and not to each user's local machine Hiding the C drive will give them no option to select other than the Libraries stored on the network Even if the user saves something to network storage, drive and Point C Libraries hide to their desktop it should save to storage Kind of like Point Libraries to network storage, and hide C drive Exchange it should automatically create a user folder for any new users that log in There must be a way to do this natively I found a free program that does something like this with moving the libraries but I know there is a way to do this right from windows Thanks for reading

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392736-point-libraries-network-storage-hide-c-drive.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Microsoft is running a new promotion in which they're offering up 100GB of cloud storage space on OneDrive absolutely free. Here's everything you need to know.

Read more

A:Follow these instructions to get 100GB of OneDrive cloud storage free for the next two years

I knew I've been coming to this site for 5 years straight for something good. You da man Shawn!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/follow-these-instructions-to-get-100gb-of-onedrive-cloud-storage-free-for-the-next-two-years.208699/
Relevancy 59.77%

Quote:
Features:
Transfer, store and share any files between different devices (e.g. photos, videos, files and documents)
Backup all content of your device
Use it as a file manager to access and view your facebook, dropbox, and picasa pictures and videos from one single place
Share doc, excel, word, pdf, jpg, mp3, ppt, csv, wav, txt, zip, rar, wav ? or any other file formats with others
Create a group space where you can add and edit documents, photos and other files with your friends
Move and share photos and videos with your friends without the hassle with Bluetooth sharing
Sync your files and other media to one secure place for free
Transfer files between your computer, iphone, ipad, tablet and other phones and devices for free
View images and other content on the go from any device
Import contacts from your phone by uploading them to the cloud

Younited by F-Secure 200GB Cloud Storage (100% Discount)

A Guy

A:Younited by F-Secure 200GB Cloud Storage-Free 3 Days left

Nice one cheers Bill

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/364794-younited-f-secure-200gb-cloud-storage-free-3-days-left.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all,

Over the weekend I upgraded my dsl modem to the 660 series (from the 645). The prior modem had been bridged but I was told that this was unnecessary with this new one. The new modem had an ip address that was the same as the router and so I had to change the router to another subnet. I've done all this and am up and running but I can no longer access my network storage drive. I've tried a number of things including changing my firewall profile, rebooting each piece of equipment etc.

Key players:
Belkin Pre-N Router
Linksys NSL
Maxtor External Drive
Pc-cillin Internet Security 2006

Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 59.34%

I purchased a new Coolmax CN- this week and it s incredibly slow The data transfer rates to it range from Mbps to Mbps Everything else on my network performes at a full Mbps and there are no addiction hubs switches or routers involved I have already tried using a different Cat e network cable power cycling all (Network CN-550 Speed Problem Access Storage) Coolmax NAS Drive devices on the network etc There is a brand new Western Digital Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem RPM Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem gig HDD inside with MB cache There doesn t seem to be any firmware updates for the CN- available Has anyone had a similar problem with this device or other NAS hardware Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Information Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem on the hardware can be found here http www coolmaxusa com productDetailsNetwork asp item cn- I m at a complete loss as to what could be causing the poor performance I ve attempted to contact the manufacturer via their email protected support email address but have not received any response nbsp

A:Coolmax CN-550 NAS (Network Access Storage) Drive Speed Problem

One thing I forgot to mention is when I plug the NAS directly into a USB port the transfer rates are exactly what you would expect from a USB 2.0 device. It's only when it's being used over the network that it's so slow. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/coolmax-cn-550-nas-network-access-storage-drive-speed-problem.445347/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,I'm about to buy an IdeaPad 700 (NOT Y700) as it answers all my required specs.However, from the description given on the website I can't figure out:If I buy the 256Gb SSD configuration, will I be able to add an HDD later?I couldn't get a CLEAR answer from Lenovo online chat about that so will appreciate any help! Also, I read online that Y700 owners that purchased it with SSD only had trouble with missing HDD connctor. Does anyone happen to know if the IdeaPad 700 has the same issue? Thanks!Bestm

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/IdeaPad-700-storage-options/td-p/3308622
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, I currently have a T420P and I have three hard drives in therea) mSata SSD hard drive (boot) b) spindle drive (data) c) SSD drive in the CD ROM slot using the ultrabay adapter I am using the msata ssd for booting purposes. I am interested in purchasing T460p when it comes out and was wondering how many hard drives and what types can be physically installed in the system. I would appreciate it if someone could please advise. There is too much information out there and it's really confusing. Thanks very much.

A:T460p Storage options

T460p will NOT support msata drives. Per the spec sheet, it supports one 2.5" drive (either spindle or SSD).  There's no optical drive bay, thus you won't be able to squeeze in a 2nd 2.5" drive. http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad_T460p  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460p-Storage-options/td-p/2271928
Relevancy 55.9%

I am looking to purchase a T460p and was curious to what the difference is between the SSD's I can select. I heard that the T460p uses SATA Express, and was wondering if this is true for the SSD's they are putting into the machines. Are there any differences between these SSD's apart from storage and encryption. Also, are there any performance figures for the drives from Lenovo? Here is a link of the drive configurations: http://imgur.com/8g7vWXj Thank you in adavance!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460p-SSD-Storage-Options/td-p/3330707
Relevancy 55.04%

I've got 2 computers with the above program which I use to rip CD's to mp3. One rips and stores it as Artist (folder), with an album title subfolder, that contains the songs listed as "artist-songtitle". The other computer (same media 10 version)stores it as Artist (folder), with an album title subfolder, that contains the songs listed as "track#-songtitle".
I want to change it to the first way (artist- songtitle), but can't figure out how to do it.

Any help is appreciated

Jay

A:Win Media 10 library storage options

Go to Tools > Options > Rip Music tab > Filename, uncheck Track Number, check Artist and make sure it's at the top.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-media-10-library-storage-options.585238/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys need your help once again I advice for options! Building a need Monster, storage have been Building a Monster, need advice for storage options! given a K budget to build the baddest machine on the block This machine s duties Building a Monster, need advice for storage options! will be Act as our training PC for MS Cert simulations of Server All instances of the server will be running on top of VMWare Act as our disaster recovery backup server just in case sh t hits the fan and we need our network up and running Mind you the current server is a beefy rackmount Dell running VMs of Server on top of ESXi Now this is the build I have in mind Core i ghz EVGA X mobo Corsair Dominator x GB DDR RAM GB Antec Quattro w PSU Intel G GB SSD OS CoolerMaster Cosmos Case x EVGA GTX Core Video Cards ware SE- LPML Raid Card x WD Black Caviar TB drives The real question here is what would be the best solution for storage What we had in mind was put TB drives in raid giving us TB usable storage space running from the ware raid card all in the same system instead of running this in a separate NAS Now would it be enough of a difference to run the storage portion of the system in a separate NAS or would it be fine to sort of emulate a NAS device in the same system So far I have hit about with my build If were to go with the NAS option I can easily build one myself I have tons of spare pcs out of commission with enough case space to fit everything in there It all comes down to whether or not the storage should be an external NAS or internal raid note I would be using FreeNAS to run the NAS if that were the option chosen nbsp

A:Building a Monster, need advice for storage options!

Don't forget that NAS is attached via the network. Make sure that is a DEDICATED interface
that is not accessible to the client systems.

Networking choices (today) are the 1gb ethernet, Firewire (400 vs 800), and the newest USB 3.0 devices (if you can find them).

Also consider that software RAID is not the best choice; look for a PCI card which implements raid in the hardware.
This was once the domain of Adaptec / SCSI but now you might find iSCSI devices.
(oh yea; hot-swap is almost always a SCSI feature).

Lastly, imo, I would be careful as to how much data is 'under one head', consider:
disk platters * number of cylinders * bytes per track becomes a big number for both reliability and performance.

the electronics can 'switch heads' faster than it can seek the arm
the electronics can switch heads faster than waiting for rotational delay (latency)
I would chose HDs with more platters over one with fewer,
fewer clyinders to reduce arm seeks,
and higher RPM over slower to reduce latency.

So; you have an attachment choice, a controller choice, and HD geometry considerations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-monster-need-advice-for-storage-options.141734/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Lenovo y500 with Windows 8 installed on its stock 1TB hard drive. I am getting an 128gb mSATA drive later this week and plan to install windows 7 on it and use it as my primary OS.

My plan:
1. Restore the laptop to factory settings (Windows 8 installed on the 1TB drive)
2. Disconnect the 1TB drive and attach the new mSATA SSD only.
3. Install Windows 7 on the mSATA SSD.
4. Reconnect original 1TB drive with windows 8 and then use BIOS boot menu to choose which disk to boot from. (new SSD for Win 7, old 1TB drive for Win8)

This seems to be the easiest way to set up dual booting without messing around with the MBR. I dont mind switching boot drives in the BIOS when I need to.

My question is: With this setup, can I create a separate partition on the original 1 TB drive and use it for storage / program installations for both Windows 7 and Windows 8?

A:Windows 7 and 8 dual boot and storage options

It would look like this:
128gb SSD = Win 7 boot drive
1TB HDD = 128gb Win 8 partition, ~800gb partition with separate folders for Windows 7 and Windows 8 programs and general storage.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33803-windows-7-8-dual-boot-storage-options.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I've been reading a lot about archival storage and it's kind of a depressing read At this point in time it appears that just about every archival storage medium has one or several major weaknesses Obviously redundancy can and should be used to supplement Storage -- modern seems like are lacking! It options Archival Data all these inherent limitations but that still is not ideal I would like to know what y'all use for your archival storage I have about GB of data I would like to save to a medium and then lock that medium inside my fire resistant tool resistant and torch resistant safe About GB of this would be considered of greatest importance because it contains pictures and videos of friends family and pet family members that are no longer with me I can deal with losing almost everything else but not this I have also been thinking about just how long I would use an archival medium before transferring the data to a newer technology that may very well be yet to be invented At a certain point outdated storage systems have to be replaced by necessity So I am going to guess this figure for me would be - years It might be sooner if a superior storage technology comes out but it might be later should no better products come to market or should whatever storage medium I select winds up sticking around in the future So here is a list of what I have been reading about and an explanation of the pros cons and limitations of each If I am wrong on any of these please correct me as I want to learn everything I can when it comes to archival storage m-Disk While extremely durable the costs are very high and User Reviews of m-Disk products are consistently poor While rated for years many Users are reporting major issues with burning and reading the m-Disks and have noted that many quot M-disk capable quot burners can be very Archival Data Storage -- It seems like all modern options are lacking! finicky That makes me uneasy given years down the road it might be very hard to find something that can read that m-Disk should optical disks disappear Archival Data Storage -- It seems like all modern options are lacking! completely Verbatim UltraLife DV-R or other archival-grade DV-R While only gb these have superior ratings than m-disk Archival Data Storage -- It seems like all modern options are lacking! and are more affordable While advertised as only th the longevity of m-Disk this is still years and so it's at a point where disk-based media will become completely obsolete long before I face degrades in data quality I mention the Verbatim UltraLife by name because it seems to have the best reputation among all DV-R archival disks and a reasonable price to go along with it As of right now I am leaning in this direction as the best option because I already have several external DVD burners BluRay BD-R amp Future TB Archival-Grade BluRay The and GB capacity is appealing compared to the smaller DV-R as is the intent to take BluRay disks to sizes of and GB and those large sizes will all be archival quality intended to work well for at least years On the downside I would need to buy a BluRay burner and I imagine most existing burners will NOT be able to burn the GB BR disks Further these massive sized disks have NOT been released to the public yet and so there is no guarantee that they will work well for archival storage and until that type of product is formally released there isn't complete certainty about its future MLC Flash media Most of my experience with TLC NAND has left me very displeased and so I have switched to only using MLC eMLC or SLC I have several GB Samsung PRO microSD cards and several Transcend SD cards both of which use MLC NAND and are superior to most TLC alternatives Beyond writing - x faster than most TLC cards I feel the MLC NAND Samsung is using is of extremely high quality tier and will have better reliability and endurance alike The biggest downside seems that without power the data may get corrupted due to a slow loss of el... Read more

A:Archival Data Storage -- It seems like all modern options are lacking!

The longest lasting archival medium is paper. Some of it lasted for over 2000 years.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39949-archival-data-storage-seems-like-all-modern-options-lacking.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a peer to peer lan and I use an offline backup utility for my computer, which is pretty much the only computer that does anything here. Don't get me started!

Anyway, there are one or two folders on one of the other computers that I would like to include in my backup without having to pay for another computer. I had thought to set up something like briefcase on my computer to automatically update those folders onto my hard drive periodically.

Can't find briefcase in XP.

Suggestions? I thought about having them access my forms, but if they change them and mess them up.... NO. I would rather keep the originals and also pick up for saving offsite any that they put on there.

Thanks for any suggestions. I'll also look on the web and see if I can find briefcase hiding out for download.

Carla

A:Syncing Folders on a Network?

Here's some options:

Home Network Backup

Another option is to use a batch file:

How to Backup using Batch Files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/syncing-folders-on-a-network.877917/
Relevancy 53.32%

I ordered a customized HP Omen laptop. However, I did not add m.2 to it because I thought I could put a better one inside.During customization, I saw NVMe m.2 as an option. Does this mean HP Omen m.2 socket support NVMe? I'm looking to add either a Samsung 950 Pro Series PCIe NVMe or HyperX Predator PCIe. At the very least, I'll add a SATA m.2 to it. I know NVMe is the fastest but it is very expensive.  If you could also explain me the differences between SATA m.2, PCIe m.2 and NVMe m.2, I'd appreciate it.

A:HP Omen m.2 storage upgrade options: SATA, PCIe or NVMe?

Hi, What is your machine ? HP Omen 15 (2016) does not mean anything. Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 For other question:      http://www.kingston.com/en/ssd/system-builder/m2_faqRegards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Omen-m-2-storage-upgrade-options-SATA-PCIe-or-NVMe/td-p/5824169
Relevancy 52.03%

The Belkin thing didn t work for me so I sold the pre n router I picked up a NetGear WPN which is called the RangeMax Wireless Router It works great but again no network bridge So of things eather there is a work around I tried that one posted it doesn t work for ajoining wireless routers or I need to buy new equipment So here s Wi-Fi Cloud Network Bridge or the deal guys and gals I have places that need to connect together I don t really want to make a VPN because if Wi-Fi Cloud or Network Bridge I can link all the places together I may get a T line or somthing like that installed Place A sq feet Place B little over Wi-Fi Cloud or Network Bridge sq feet Wi-Fi Cloud or Network Bridge Place C sq feet with a nd story office on the far end quot Place A quot is - ft away from quot Place B quot quot Place C quot is - ft away from quot Place C quot I was thinking about buying routers and bridging them together I am good enough with computers and networking to follow directions but Box packaging and web sites don t make it a practice of letting you know what there products can t do So can you all recomend a way of making this nightmare work thanks agian nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

My onedrive is not syching. The drive has the blue icon to the left of files/folders but it says 0% for hours.

I'm not getting through to their support. Can anyone help.

A:One Drive not syncing

Bump.

This is a really good service and I'm kind of reliant on the cloud. It's not good but it's easy.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/53215-one-drive-not-syncing.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When I sync OneDrive, does it always keep the latest file to be modified?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439863-syncing-one-drive.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, i have a problem with latest updates on windows 8.1 with mail app. When i open it it says on the right upper corner "Syncing.." for hours and nothing happens. I am using norton internet security 2013.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/35471-windows-8-1-mail-app-not-syncing-syncing-very-slow.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using the both personal and business accounts in my mac. It was all fine until I have made the changes few minutes back. After the update took place, personal account is workig fine but the business account gets tripped off and signs out automatically once it starts synchronizing. It does not work even after my tries of connecting back again.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437584-one-drive-syncing-problem.html
Relevancy 51.17%

We are a small company nbsp We are running don't for shared storage cloud permissions files folders downloaded "Everyone" New shared inherit from into six windows computers nbsp Our secretary works from home the rest of us are in the same office nbsp nbsp nbsp The Admin Computer stores all of our work files within a folder called 'casework' about GB nbsp nbsp The 'casework' folder is shared on the office network nbsp This 'casework' folder is also synced by Google Drive nbsp When our secretary works on her home computer and makes a new file New files downloaded from cloud storage into shared folders don't inherit shared permissions for "Everyone" e g letterV the new file downloads to our 'casework' folder to the Admin Computer here at the office nbsp However the new file cannot been seen on our other computers over the office network The newly created files are not shared to 'everyone' unless I un-share 'casework' from the network and then share 'casework' again nbsp The problem seems to be that the new files added by Google Drive are not inheriting the permissions of the 'casework' folder New files downloaded from cloud storage into shared folders don't inherit shared permissions for "Everyone" nbsp There are New files downloaded from cloud storage into shared folders don't inherit shared permissions for "Everyone" no options to change in Google Drive nbsp Is this a Windows problem Will Windows have a fix for this Are there any work arounds Does our secretary need to work at the office Yours Hopefully Matt

A:New files downloaded from cloud storage into shared folders don't inherit shared permissions for "Everyone"

may I know how that work case folder sync with google drive?

I suggest you contact Google drive first, we have limitation information regarding this product.

You can proof that there is no issue for sharing folder within your office network
I think that's not how online share drive work, unless your secretary can join your office network trough internet
http://www.howtogeek.com/196435/how-to-share-files-and-folders-from-your-cloud-storage-folder/
this is the example, you can ask your secretary to send file trough share drive and assign 1 admin to sync and send it to your case work folder
But maybe you will be interested with Office 365
https://products.office.com/en-us/business/compare-office-365-for-business-plans

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35d6d1aa-9bd3-4ffe-9743-174a46acea60/new-files-downloaded-from-cloud-storage-into-shared-folders-dont-inherit-shared-permissions-for?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.17%

Sorry mods I put to GB's 100 Cloud Best TB's - FREE 10 Storage Free this in general because I wasn't sure where better it would fit - Please move if needed Free cloud storage A nice idea if you have fast upload speeds but is it worth having It can be if Best Free Cloud Storage - 100 GB's to 10 TB's FREE you have a large enough cloud storage space and a real need such as only having a gigabyte SSD that came with your Surface tablet Today there are tons Best Free Cloud Storage - 100 GB's to 10 TB's FREE of companies offering small storage options from to gigs I say forget these I have found what I believe to be the best options for free cloud storage from gigabytes up to a TB to a Whooping TB's yes that reads Ten Terabytes Use at your own risk and never use cloud storage even SkyDrive for critical data Lets start with the best option if your in the USA SurDoc based in California offers Gigabytes of free cloud storage for year They charge only dollars after the free year ends to continue the service That's a Really good deal Here is a C-net article on the offer and a link to the site itself Get GB of free cloud storage from SurDoc The Cheapskate - CNET News SurDoc - https www surdoc com get-it-free These next options can be used if you are in the USA but the servers are not local to the USA so you will have to make sure your internet upload is really fast or you have lots of time China's tech giants Baidu andQihoo are currently offering TB of free space Here's the article for more info and links to the sites Think Dropbox and Box Are Generous China's Baidu and Qihoo Are Giving Away TB of Free Storage and - These may not have English translations you may have to use something like Google Translate these links do work even though they are not in English and are only question marks Lastly again from China TenCent the worlds rd largest internet company Yep you heard right so even though they are not popular in the USA this company is huge and very reputable Here's the Wikipedia info on the company Wikipedia the free encyclopedia TenCent is offering to start you off with a full free TB of cloud storage space - but they don't stop there They are offering to add TB's of space with your continued use - up to a staggering TB's of free cloud storage Hey if Sprint offered TB to TB's of free cloud storage you'd take it wouldn't you - This offer is no joke though you may have to jump through a few hoops to sign up The company is rock solid with a huge world wide customer base and it's users so far seem very happy with the free cloud storage - I cannot find any negative dirt on the web about them Here is the article - China's Tencent Is Giving Away TB Of Free Cloud Storage and TenCent website - Weiyun Cloud storage is not the best solution for Any data In this age of NSA spying and companies milking all the content for profit you never know how safe your data is or who is using that data to do god only knows what It's good however to know there are better options out there if one needs them Enjoy the info amp best wishes

A:Best Free Cloud Storage - 100 GB's to 10 TB's FREE

Yow, 7 GB of free space instantly, it wanted me to install something called "QQ" - "QQ" is who made an HDMI adapter for my iPhone 4/s

The only huge problem is that the app is in chinese!

(Edit) - Ah, you have to click the "Get 10 gigs" button, then the app instantly updates your storage.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34885-best-free-cloud-storage-100-gbs-10-tbs-free.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I want to know if there are any free solution or workaround to sync my Google Drive files/folders to another Cloud Drive like box.net, dropbox, sugarsync?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-google-drive-to-another-cloud-drive.1075551/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a lot of work I need to bring with me between home and school.. and I would like it if my USB drive could automatically be synced with a folder on my harddrive so I don't have to remember which things have changed and copy them over. I do have Groove but i'm not totally sure that'll do it... I'm also probably getting a mac soon and would be curious if there's anway to sync up folders from either operating system (right now I'm running windows xp on my desktop)

A:Syncing a folder to a flash drive

try synchtoy; I use it at to synch both an external hd for my home rig (total mirror for disaster recovery) and a usb tool for stuff I find on line that could come in handy at my job.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/syncing-a-folder-to-a-flash-drive.768690/
Relevancy 50.31%

I like OneDrive and use it on an almost daily basis, but I don't like the syncing. I wish I could access it as a drive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:How can I access OneDrive as a drive letter without syncing?

Hello OCMS213, and welcome to Ten Forums.

You might see if mapping OneDrive may work for you.

OneDrive - Map OneDrive in This PC in Windows 8.1

Another alternative, would be to use OneDrive online instead.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/60326-how-can-i-access-onedrive-drive-letter-without-syncing.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all,

My mother just got a new laptop for work. She keeps all of her files on a thumb drive and plugs that into the desktop at home then to her desktop at work. I was wondering if its possible for the files that are on the thumb drive to sync automatically with the files in the My Documents folder on her laptop. Thanks for any help.

Curtis

A:Syncing word documents with thumb drive.

Look into Microsoft's free PowerToy called "SyncToy."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/syncing-word-documents-with-thumb-drive.690317/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,
In XP I used to use "briefcase" when I used to sync my mydocuments folder on my computer to my flash drive. Is there such a functionality in Vista?
Thanks

A:Syncing between flash drive and documents in vista

Briefcase works in Vista: Sync using Briefcase - Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/syncing-between-flash-drive-and-documents-in-vista-926586.html
Relevancy 50.31%

What is the best way to setup a WD my cloud Drive Download the software setup from the internt,or manually ?

A:WD My Cloud Drive

Download it from the internet as the internet usually has the newest version available.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/44070-wd-my-cloud-drive.html
Relevancy 49.88%

MY SPECS I have an g Ipod Classic and Itunes installed on a Lenovo Thinkpad PC I have all of my music on an external hard drive I keep of off Problem hard external Ipod drive Syncing my external hard drive plugged in at all times I made sure to specify the external hard drive in the Itunes Media Folder Location window Itunes shows all of my music and plays all of my music MY PROBLEM When I plug my Ipod into the USB my computer recognizes it for a second H and then it disappears However my computer did recognize it once and it began to sync the Ipod with the Itunes but stopped after only a few songs It told me it could not sync because the file or directory is quot corrupted or unreadable quot So essentially I have two problems My computer won t recognize my Ipod and it won t sync once it does WHAT I VE TRIED Problem Syncing Ipod off of external hard drive I have tried restarting the Ipod restarting the computer changing the USB drives and plugging my Ipod in in disc mode Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Problem Syncing Ipod off of external hard drive

I got the same problem before and found why. You may be plugging both on the same side port where I notice on my PC when I put my external and my Ipod or Pen Drive the second that is connected won't be detected or is detected for one or two seconds.

You may try to connect it on the other side and if it does not work you may have to copy you music to you PC then put it to your Ipod. For me connecting External HDD on the back of my PC and Ipod on the Front works well but I don't know if it will do the same for diffrent side on laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-syncing-ipod-off-of-external-hard-drive.141295/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am using a cloud to hold all my files and folders. Is there a free way to back up this cloud in the event it fails. All the data is also on m phone's cloud.
I use external drives to image my hard drive but I doubt that includes the cloud like Onedrive drive or Drive.
Thank you
Peter

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53155-windows-10-drive-cloud.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Can anyone help me with an issue I am having with my local network I connected a Western Digital GB USB HDD to my Netgear N router via the USB readyshare connection so that everyone on the network can have access BUT While I can see and access the readyshare HDD from my laptop running win I cant see or access the readyshare HDD network - connection Network issues storage from my HTC Android phone or my WDTV Live Media Hub The WDTV is connected to the router via Ethernet and successfully connects to the internet all other devices connect using wireless access I have the latest firmware I performed a search the other day through google and it appears I may need to download an app Network connection issues - network storage for the phone to have access Network connection issues - network storage to the readyshare HDD I can connect the readyshare HDD directly to the WDTV but it means swapping and changing everytime I want access from a different device I have been unable to locate any documentation from Netgear or Western Digital I would love to smooth out the crinkles on this one as I have plans to upgrade the network storage and incorporate a new desktop into the network Any ideas

A:Network connection issues - network storage

Hi gemini2010, how about using 'SkyDrive', I can access it from anywhere but the app is not installed on any of my computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269791-network-connection-issues-network-storage.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello your site helped me in Nov with a ransomware virus The link is below syncing google removal after drive and Having with Dropbox issues Virus to Having issues with Dropbox and google drive syncing after Virus removal that thread They were very helpful However ever since then my dropbox and google drive do not sync anymore I tried booting in safe mode but got same result so it makes me think it is deeper in the registry possibly I had two computers affected by the virus but only this one with attached files was modified I updated both computers post-fix with Having issues with Dropbox and google drive syncing after Virus removal MSE Malwarebytes and Ad block Pro The dropbox and google drive sync fine on the other computer but not this one It does not sync Can you offer any assistance Thank you Malware browser ads on computer - Tech Support Forum DDS Ver - - - Having issues with Dropbox and google drive syncing after Virus removal NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by RUDI BAUKNECHT at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated B ECF CD- - -DBA -AA C ACFB A SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated C D - B - D-E - BD BB B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Samsung AllShare Framework DMS AllShareFrameworkManagerDMS exe C Program Files Samsung AllShare Framework DMS AllShareFrameworkDMS exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Broadcom MgmtAgent BrcmMgmtAgent exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Flip Video FlipShare FlipShareService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k ftpsvc C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP SkyRoom Hp Skyroom Windows Service exe C Program Files x Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Link Samsung Link exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Link Samsung Link exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP SkyRoom remote graphics sender rgsendersvc exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP SkyRoom remote graphics sender rgsender exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP SkyRoom remote graphics sender plugins ice Hp SkyRoom Windows RgsPlugin Authentication Hp SkyRoom Windows RgsPlugin Authentication exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP SkyRoom remote graphics sender plugins ice Hp SkyRoom Windows RgsPlugin Lens Hp SkyRoom Windows RgsPlugin Lens exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP SkyRoom remote graphics sender plugins ice Hp SkyRoom Windows RgsPlugin Licensing Hp SkyRoom Windows RgsPlugin Licensing exe C Windows system taskh... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/having-issues-with-dropbox-and-google-drive-syncing-after-virus-removal-964681.html
Relevancy 49.02%

What is sky drive and cloud drive? Please explain me in deatils.
Thank you :)

p.s.: I also don't know if this is the right section to ask this question or not. If not, I request the admins to forward it to the right section.
Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] What is skydrive and cloud drive?

They are both online data storage services:

SkyDrive: Skydrive - Windows Live - 25 GB Free Storage

Cloud Drive: Cloud Drive | A simple free online storage tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-what-is-skydrive-and-cloud-drive-615711.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I would like to create a bootable USB drive (OS+drivers) for Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I downloaded and ran sp76482.exe from your site. It took about two hours for the process to reach about 99.5%, then suddenly the download progress goes backward from 99.5% down to 99.49% then to 99.48% etc .. and failed to complete. I made several attempts, and they all failed. Could anyone give me a fix to this problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Failed-to-download-Recovery-Kit-from-the-cloud-using-Cloud/td-p/5686410
Relevancy 49.02%

I want to prepare a factory fresh drive so that I can use it to save backup images. Soon I will have a second drive that will only be used to store data files. Neither drive will ever be used for the installation of an operating system. From what I've read, I see no advantage to having more than a single partition on either drive. I know I want to use NTFS.

This should be straightforward. I'm finding it is not. I cannot formulate a search that points me to the right tutorial or thread. Either I get hundreds of options to consider or, if I try to narrow the options, no answer is found.

Please point me to the right discussion. Perhaps the answer will help others who come after me, too.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Format & Partition New Drive to Use as a Backup Drive or Storage Drive

Do you know how to make a partition and format a drive?

You can do it all in Windows Disk Management.

You don't need to do anything special to the drive just because it is going to store images.
Treat it like any other drive.

Format it with a single partition.

Store your image files on it. Use a folder structure if you want to---perhaps naming a folder something like "Macrium image of C partition, 060714" so you know the date of the image.

Nor do you need to use a separate drive just for image storage.

Make your images and store them like ordinary data. Back up the images just like you'd back up any other important data file. That's what they are: important data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334032-format-partition-new-drive-use-backup-drive-storage-drive.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I posted this in someone's thread but don't want to hijack completely.

I was looking for something basic for myself to clone my computers to all have the same folder structure so if I backup to separate hard drives or a flash drive I can always have the right folders without making duplicate copies in folders such as "Music" and "My Music" etc.
Something along these lines:
http://download.cnet.com/Second-Backup-Free-Edition/3000-2242_4-10405044.html
http://download.cnet.com/Easeus-Todo-Backup-Free/3000-2242_4-10964460.html

I have:

-2 laptops
-3 hard drives
-3 flash drives
Mobile SD cards etc. I want all my digital folders identical! Its getting confusing!

Also, I often have long file names that don't copy over to the external software that helps would be helpful.

Sync would be awesome: http://download.cnet.com/SugarSync-Manager/3000-2242_4-10798179.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-backup-to-hard-drive-or-cloud.1042167/
Relevancy 48.59%

Does the WD cloud external drive back up all of its 3TB on a cloud so that even when it fails, the 3TB of content is stored online so that you can get the contents back if you either buy a replacement for the drive or get one for free as part of the Best Buy black tie warranty? Can you also get a new one free if you have the Square Trade warranty?

Or does the cloud mean that it is only backed up on the hardware itself but is accessible from far away via internet connection?

A:What is the difference between 3TB WD cloud external drive and normal

A simple google search returns:

WD announces My Cloud, an external drive that connects to your home network for $150 (video)

Can't answer the stuff about warranties though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321073-what-difference-between-3tb-wd-cloud-external-drive-normal.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently purchased a My Cloud drive, and set it up as a network drive on my home computer (on the same network) by adding it as a Windows Credential. I have port forwarded the device on port 80 and tried adding it as a Windows Credential the same way on a laptop connected to a different network. I entered its address as xx.xx.xxx.xx:80, but I can't get the drive to show up this way. Is it possible to connect to it this way despite being on a different network?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63290-connect-my-cloud-drive-remotely-windows-credential.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I've posted on the problem I'm having with my Storage Space set to file -way duplication before nbsp I know I'm going to lose some files nbsp I removed one drive to reformat it to a larger clustersize and while the array was repairing itself I lost a TB drive that will no longer letter) a to Array (no get damaged Cannot drive invisible Spaces - Storage retire remains drive connect I've quot Removed quot the drive and gotten the error quot Can't remove the drive from the pool quot because quot not all the data could be reallocated nbsp Add an additional drive quot I already can't re-add the old TB drive even though I've done nothing to it because Storage Spaces says it's now an quot unrecognized configuration quot nbsp At least a disk recovery tool can find files on it though they're all named nnnnnn JPG or nnnnnn AVI or nnnnnn DOC However my TB array X can't be seen because it thinks it's lost two drives - fair enough - and even though I know I'm going Cannot get Storage Spaces to retire a damaged drive - Array remains invisible (no drive letter) to lose some files the most important of which were backed up in File History it refuses to allow me to remove the faulty TB drive nbsp nbsp I added a new disk and it STILL won't let me nbsp How can I get my X drive back All of the disks in the array are - full - there's PLENTY Cannot get Storage Spaces to retire a damaged drive - Array remains invisible (no drive letter) of space to duplicate the files that ARE down to one copy nbsp What can I do As per a suggestion in my other thread I tried a System Restore to before the point where I'd Removed the TB drive and that didn't help since I couldn't select the X drive to restore

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a703c82a-94c9-42e1-bba3-8adf9812a35b/cannot-get-storage-spaces-to-retire-a-damaged-drive-array-remains-invisible-no-drive-letter?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently had a computer custom built at a repair store A couple of weeks back my start menu stopped working because of a Windows update I decided to wipe everything and reinstall Windows I have done this many times in the past on other computers with no problem This time it was quite a headache I have hard drives I first removed the data from both drives then assumed Windows should be installed on the smaller drive After installing there I realized I had no access to the larger drive anymore So I started over and installed instead on the larger drive After doing this I finally admitted that I had no idea what I was doing I brought it back to the repair store and asked them to make it the way it was when I bought it They did so with no questions asked but I m worried about it happening again The main issue is I have no idea how the two drives are configured If I need to reinstall Windows again how can I set this up correctly These are the two drives I have Boot Drive Samsung EVO GB SSD Storage Drive Seagate Barracuda TB HDD Thank you nbsp

A:Custom Built Computer Boot Drive vs Storage Drive

Is disk 2 an external 2TB hard drive ?

Going by your pic you seem to have Disk 0 of about 50GB that isn't being used and Disk 1 of 1TB which has everything on it !

If Disk 2 is an external drive disconnect it and see if the PC still boot into Windows ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-built-computer-boot-drive-vs-storage-drive.1163513/