Windows Support Forum

Connect Vista laptop to XP wireless home network

Q: Connect Vista laptop to XP wireless home network

Connect vista to wireless home network

how can I connect a vista laptop to existing wireless home network with other 3 xp machines.

I followed googled info but keep chasing my tail as all effords end trying to make an internet connection.

My router is Negear wired & wireless capable in which 2 PCs are wired & an Acer netbook wireless connected, all 3 XP machines.

Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario CQ61 Notebook PC
2.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core
160gb HD, 3GB Ram
32 operating system

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Connect Vista laptop to XP wireless home network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Connect Vista laptop to XP wireless home network

How to connect to a wireless network in Windows Vista.

Come back if you have problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-vista-laptop-to-xp-wireless-home-network.189516/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi, I tried to post this yesterday with no success:-

How can I connect a vista laptop to existing wireless home network with other 3 [COLOR=#000096 !important][COLOR=#000096 !important]xp[/COLOR][/COLOR] machines.

I followed googled info but keep chasing my tail as all effords end trying to make an internet connection.

[COLOR=#000096 !important][COLOR=#000096 !important]My [COLOR=#000096 !important]router[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] is Negear wired & wireless capable in which 2 PCs are wired & an Acer netbook wireless connected, all 3 XP machines.

[COLOR=#000096 !important][COLOR=#000096 !important]160gb[/COLOR][/COLOR] HD, 3GB Ram
32 operating system

A:connect a vista laptop to existing XP wireless home network

you did and had replies
please do not start new posts
continue here - reply required
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1088071-connect-vista-wireless-home-network.html

closing this post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-a-vista-laptop-to-existing-xp-wireless-home-network.1088130/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi all

I have a toshiba windows 7 Laptop, and its always been connected to my Virgin Internet wirelessly for bout 2 years. However now when i switch the laptop on, it does not connect to the wireless internet anymore. My network comes up in the wireless network connections box but as soon as i click on it it pops straight up and says windows was unable to connect to xxxxx etc.

I have tried turning of router etc for 10 seconds and plugging it back in but nothing. i have checked my wireless adapter card for drivers and it says i have latest drivers.

Everything else in the house, ie phones, playstation etc connects to the network fine, and when i hard wire my laptop to the router again it works fine (am using laptop now to type this)

So i am at a loss....

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks all

Chris

A:Cannot connect to wireless home network any more with laptop

I personally would first check drivers for updates and make sure they're all working correctly.

You could also completely remove the wireless configuration that you have for the access point. Then re-add it.

If that doesn't fix the problem I would try a system restore if it was available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/259026-cannot-connect-wireless-home-network-any-more-laptop.html
Relevancy 91.16%

My son just bought a brand to home laptop won't connect network New wireless new Dell Inspiron M laptop Windows Home Premium and we can t get it to connect to our home wireless network Other New laptop won't connect to home wireless network computers and devices on the home network can connect with no problem He can connect at home via ethernet plus he can connect New laptop won't connect to home wireless network to a different wireless network at a friends house both with no problem I have tried contacting our ISP provider trying online recommended fixes resetting router etc - nothing works Wireless connection symbol on his laptop shows our home network is there that it is connected yes we are using correct security key but that the laptop has no internet access I saved screen shots of ipconfig they are saved as jpg files and attached to this post Also here is further info on the laptop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RXDMJ Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

Hi guys thanks for taking the time to check this out Basically I have a mates laptop that I have tried to get To Won't Connect Wireless Laptop Network Home connected up to our wireless network In the network there laptops and one desktop and apart from the laptop in question connect fine to the router netgear The laptop is an Advent G Advent with an Intel Pro ABG wireless LAN network card XP Media Center Operating system When trying to connect up it complains that it has Little or No Connectivity and the connection status claims quot This Problem Occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer quot According to Laptop Won't Connect To Home Wireless Network Network Connection Details the IP Address has been set to Subnet Mask I have also checked whether the DHCP service is running and it is fine Also it had the same situation in Service Pack and is now on Service pack If anyone could share some light on this would be very grateful Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

connect vista to wireless home network

how can I connect a vista laptop to existing wireless home network with other 3 xp machines.

My router is Negear wired & wireless capable in which 2 PCs are wired & an Acer netbook wireless connected, all 3 XP machines.
160gb HD, 3GB Ram
32 operating system

Relevancy 89.01%

Hello,
We have two laptops at home which connect to the same wireless network. I just took one of them on a roadtrip and when I got back, I could no longer connect to the wireless network - I can't even "see" the connection. It keeps saying "no wireless networks were found in range." (obviously I am posting on the other laptop!)

I suspect that my frequent connecting to other wireless networks while on the road may have squirreled up the wireless settings but I have no idea how to fix it!

Thanks for your help!
Rob

A:Solved: Can't connect to home wireless network after travelling w/ laptop

Assuming that your SSID broadcast is enabled try a System Restore to when the connection was working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-home-wireless-network-after-travelling-w-laptop.634871/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello and thanks in advance for your help. I have an Acer Inspire laptop running Windows XP. A few months ago it suddenly stopped connecting to my home wireless network, while all of the other computers in the house connect to the network without a problem. The network still shows up in the list of available networks; when I click on it to connect, it looks like it's trying to connect but it never actually does. My dad thinks that using my laptop at an airport wifi hotspot may have something to do with the issue (the problem started right after I returned from a business trip...).

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 86.86%

Ok.. When i came back from my mom's birth day i saw that my little brother's computer was on but my laptop was off, so i turned it on and NO Internet connection?! not even my neighbor's would show like the usual for some reason.. They wouldn't even show my Local Internet.. but every computer and laptop works except mine.. i checked for viruses none.. Malware none.. Driver was up to date so that was no problem.. but now i don't know what to do.. and If you do PLEASE put it step-by-step.. I have Linksy's Modem and a Vista Toshiba laptop. Please HELP?!

Relevancy 79.12%

She keeps loosing connection then has to wait until network - connect wireless still home connect/doesn't win 7 looses it decides it can connect again She would wait about five minutes and then click on something and would gain access http www sevenforums com network-s reconnect html the symptom has been occurring for at least a month and more We are on a wireless still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network network Uverse and have not had any problems with this still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network wireless network One thing i notice is that her icon for the connect shows one less bar than mine shows I should be the same they are both HP machines and sit in the same spot when it is not connected and the icon is clicked it does not show our connect name as an option Sometimes rebooting solves the problem sometimes clicking 'connect' does It will work for a while and then she looses the connect I am not sure that her problems started when she got that quot conduit quot search malware I had only partially removed it it was still resident when another tab on her firefox was opened Yesterday i found some additional information to remove the settings from registry and thought that had cured it But apparently it did not we are now back to the disconnect problem last i tried it it wouldn't even connect on restart Right now she is saying that its been doing pretty well for about five minutes Probably wont last long I don't really know why this all started I think it went back before the 'conduit' thing got installed She usually doesn't say anything to me she sits there and waits until it will connect so i don't always know what's going on Need suggestions as to look for settings to be changed etc By the way i got her repair disks and tried a repair its windows home and it decided there was nothing to repair Please help we are tearing our hair out - J

A:still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network

How far away from your computers is the router? Also; have you tried to power cycle the modem and router? If not; i would try that. Unplug both the modem and router; wait about a minute; then plug in the modem first; let that boot; then plug the router back in and let that boot. Try doing that and see if it helps the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324656-still-looses-connect-doesnt-connect-win-7-wireless-home-network.html
Relevancy 78.69%

hello i am trying to connect to my fiances home network on my dell inspirion 8200 it connects fine at home with out having to configure anything, but at my fiances house its giving me problems the connection will pop up as soon as i click connect it tries to but then this comes up. unable to connect to selected network network may not be in range but the thing is that im right in front of the wireless router. someone please help

A:trying to connect to my home wireless network but it odesnt connect,

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-connect-to-my-home-wireless-network-but-it-odesnt-connect.1087684/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi there,
I am hoping that someone can help me with my problem.

i am unable to connect to my home wireless network although i can see it and the strength seems to be high. i have tried making the network unsecured but still cannot connect.

other computers in the house (one running windows xp the other a mac) seem to connect with no problems what so ever.

this has happened since i bought a new router ( a linksys wrt54gx)

i am running it in mixed mode as my wireless card is type b while others in the house are type g.

i am running vista and my wireless card is: AM1772 wireless lan

when i tryed typing ipconfig /all run flashes up very fast and writing scrolls down then closes before i can even attempt to read it.

any help would be great
thanks

A:Cannot connect to home wireless network

when i tryed typing ipconfig /all run flashes up very fast and writing scrolls down then closes before i can even attempt to read it.

You are probably doing that in the Run command box. Instead type cmd first then the IPCONFIG command, or simply go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.

Not too sure if the router can handle both .b and .g simultaneously. Other than that, I would suggest checking the SSID and key and make sure that the info on your machine matches the router's configuration. Also if you are using permit/deny access, make sure your notebook's MAC address is allowed to connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-home-wireless-network.717165/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a work supplied laptop. Used to be able to connect to my home wireless network - this stopped working last week. It can connect to other wireless networks, both at the office and other public places, but can't connect to my home network.

I've tried:
Manually creating the wireless network
Removing the profile from regedit
Removing the profile from ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvcs\Profiles

It sees the network and attempts to connect, but never successfully connect. I have other laptops at home that are working just fine. The network is setup with WEP security, and I've entered/reentered the password several times.

Note, when I started this, the home network did not appear under the Manage Wireless Networks list in the Network and Sharing
Center.

I'm at a loss on what to try next....

A:Can't connect to home wireless network

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful then re-enable encryption and try to reconnect.

If WEP doesn't work try WPA(2)-PSK. Vista and newer versions of Windows sometimes struggle with WEP, especially with older routers. A firmware update, if one is available, may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-home-wireless-network.1090682/
Relevancy 76.11%

Although my laptop indicates the network and good signal strength, I cannot connect to the internet

A:Can't connect to home wireless network

You have to contact your ISP and they give you specific instructions to connect through them, assuming you already have an account.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-connect-to-home-wireless-network-279647.html
Relevancy 76.11%

for some reason... i cant connect to wireless coneection..it says/ "windows was unable to connect to 2wire"
here's the screenshot.
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1148/18565954.png
anyone please help me

Relevancy 75.25%

i've problems connecting to my wireless network. i do not face this problem in the past until recently i've some problems with my laptop. after i re-format my laptop, i faced with this problem.

here are some of the images i took. hope it helps on your understanding.

i need help!

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,
I am unable to connect to my wireless home network. All the other wireless networks work but not my home network. It just wont connect. Wont even give me the option to type in the password.
I have tried restarting both the laptop and the modem to no use. Also, I have reinstalled the wireless driver but to no use....Help?
EDIT: btw, I used to be able to connect to this network a few hours ago, my modem was acting strange so I reset it....and now this

A:unable to connect to wireless home network

Quote: Originally Posted by tilsid

Hi,
I am unable to connect to my wireless home network. All the other wireless networks work but not my home network. It just wont connect. Wont even give me the option to type in the password.
I have tried restarting both the laptop and the modem to no use. Also, I have reinstalled the wireless driver but to no use....Help?
EDIT: btw, I used to be able to connect to this network a few hours ago, my modem was acting strange so I reset it....and now this

How did you reset the modem? was it a reboot, or a full reset?? Try disabling encryption (turn off passwording)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99562-unable-connect-wireless-home-network.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all Before we start Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION AD Antivirus None Additional info on my machine http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId c Background I was surfing yesterday when all the sudden my connection !! connect everything trying I Solved: network... could wireless after Cannot to home dropped I have never been able to reconnect since then see attachment quot Network quot Solved: Cannot connect to home wireless network... after trying everything I could !! for current state Interestingly enough all my other devices connected to the same network continue to work perfectly fine phones tablet Only the PC seems to refuse to connect Prior to this issue all devices were connected on the same network for years without any problems at all What did I try Pretty much everything that I could think off and found on internet including Check that the password I entered was correct Reboot computer modem Deactivate reactivate all possible configurations of network cards Uninstall reinstall Wireless LAN Card drivers including newer versions of the drivers Update motherboard chipset drivers Virus and malware scans with AVG anti-virus System restore to time when internet worked Clean format and reinstall of Windows incl new partitioning Deleting the wireless profiles under Start gt control Panel gt classic view Solved: Cannot connect to home wireless network... after trying everything I could !! gt network and sharing center gt manage wireless networks Run Windows built in diagnostics tool before and after reinstall The result is always the same quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point - not fixed quot Deactivate Windows built-in firewall I do not have any other firewall or anti-virus installed AVG has been removed after scanning the whole computer ipconfig release and ipconfig renew flushdns Set a static IP gateway DNS etc Install Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and run diagnostics Where I m stuck now Everytime I double-click on my network windows requests for my network password I enter it and the message quot Windows was unable to connect to dvr- quot pop-up comes immediately Interesting unexplained even after all I did facts Wireless profiles I do not see any wireless profiles under Start gt control Panel gt classic view gt network and sharing center gt manage wireless networks ipconfig results Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thibaud-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address C-B - D-F -DF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C F - D- E -BEFA- B B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ipconfig CMD results Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reseting Global OK Reseting Interface OK Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log There s no user specified settings to be reset Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector diagnostics results See attachment quot Xirrus quot Current Wireless card settings after I tried everything See several attachments quot Wireless card quot Conclusion It seems the problem is coming from the fact that my DNS IP adress is missing but I feel I have tried everything to fix it without success Any idea Thanks thibaud nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connect to home wireless network... after trying everything I could !!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-home-wireless-network-after-trying-everything-i-could.1141425/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

Yesterday my computer disconnected from the Internet and wouldn't reconnect. It said that something was unplugged. I have a home wireless network with several computers and the others still work fine, so I assumed it was a problem with the PCI Adapter (Edimax IEEE 802.11g Turbo Mode). I bought a new one (Tenda TWL541C(P)), but that doesn't work either. It installed OK and I set up the wireless network without any problems, but it just says "Card Unplugged" and Site Survey is greyed out, so I can't get onto the network.

Please can someone tell me what I need to do to get back online?

Thanks,
Joe

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I have set up a wireless network in my home using s d-link N+ 300 DIR-655 and the desktop that is directly connected to the modem and router can connect to the internet and my laptop can access the wireless network and get online but I have another desktop that cannot connect to the wireless network. It can see it but when i try and connect i get the message that it was unable to connect or sometimes that i was able to connect but have limited connectivity. Im not really computer savvy but i follow directions well so any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been driving me crazy and i have done everything i know how to correct it and I am sure that i have the correct WPA password in there so that is not the problem.

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

My laptop with Windows 7 64-bit is not being able to connect to the home wireless network. But other devises like iPad and iPhone and Mac laptop can connect to the same wireless network. However I can connect to the network if I connect my laptop directly to the wireless router using a network cable.

I have tried upgrading the firmware in my wireless router but no luck. THis laptop had no problem before connecting to the same wireless network. But since I came back from the back home couple of days back I am seeing this problem. But my laptop can still connect to my my-fi devise wireless network.

I have tried running the netsock commands listed in a similar thread in this forum but no luck.

netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

I ran all three above and rebooted the laptop but lo luck.

Please help!

Relevancy 75.25%

Hello I have network to to Unable Home connect wireless Verizon FIOS modem router Have a PC connected to it via hardline works fine the laptop cannot connect wireless to it The Laptop was able to connect to other wireless networks When Unable to connect to wireless Home network I try to connect to home it Unable to connect to wireless Home network says quot limited or no connectivity quot When I connected to a router port with cable but it worked fine when I disconnected So it seems to me that it is having trouble with acquiring ip When I chose quot repair quot it tried renewing ip and got ip address instead of the usual x and could not connect I tried giving it a static ip but it did not work Also I tried changing the channel once did not Unable to connect to wireless Home network work And I disable the XP firewall I am wondering if perhaps changing the ip addresses on the router itself may fix the issue perhaps in the x range perhaps with multiple open networks in the area there is some kind of mixup Any help would be greatly appreciated I have tried with another laptop sitting outside the house and it went online and acquired ip correctly Thanks Marlon nbsp

A:Unable to connect to wireless Home network

depazm said:

Hello,

I have Verizon FIOS modem/router. Have a PC connected to it via hardline, works fine, the laptop cannot connect wireless to it. The Laptop was able to connect to other wireless networks. When I try to connect to home, it says "limited or no connectivity". When I connected to a router port with cable, but it worked fine when I disconnected. So it seems to me that it is having trouble with acquiring ip. When I chose "repair", it tried renewing ip and got 169 ip address instead of the usual 192.168.1.x. and could not connect. I tried giving it a static ip, but it did not work. Also, I tried changing the channel once, did not work. And I disable the XP firewall. I am wondering if perhaps changing the ip addresses on the router itself may fix the issue (perhaps in the 192.168.10.x range), perhaps with multiple open networks in the area, there is some kind of mixup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried with another laptop sitting outside the house, and it went online and acquired ip correctly.

Thanks,
MarlonClick to expand...

Mine did the same thing this afternoon, I typed in the WPA/WEP key again and it worked.
I did try the one I created a while back but didn't work, then I used the one that was written on my modem/router and worked 100%.

Hope it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-home-network.701404/
Relevancy 75.25%

My laptop will not connect to my wireless network, it only gives me an "Limited or no Connectivity" message. My wireless network does appear on the windows "Wireless Networks" screen, but when I try and connect to it it gives me that message. I have already entered the network key from the bottom of the router. Me router is an e-wire home portal 1000HW. I know that I am not doing something right from my , but since I am no pro with this stuff I cannot figure what it might me. If you all can give me any step by step instructions as to set up the network I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

I am running windows xp in both my desktop and laptop. I am able to connect to other various wi-fi networks (ie. barnes & noble).

A:Solved: Cannot connect to home wireless network

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.
Make/model of the broadband modem.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

I suggest disabling encryption on your router to see if you can connect, then enable encryption as a separate step. Also, use only the HEX key option for WEP, don't use the passcode option. If possible, use WPA encryption.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-home-wireless-network.622150/
Relevancy 75.25%

After doing a clean install of Win XP Pro on a friends laptop I am having the following issues connecting to his secured wireless connection An Apple Macbook in the family has no issues connecting wirelessly After selecting his wireless network and entering in the password when I had the settings set to quot Obtain an connect Unable to wireless to home network IP Address automatically quot in TCP IP Properties it kept on attempting to acquire the address When I selected quot Use Unable to connect to home wireless network the following IP address quot and entered in Unable to connect to home wireless network the IP Address Subnet Mask and Default Gateway it told me I was connected but I still was not able to view web sites either through IE or Firefox I had the quot Preferred DNS Server quot and quot Alternate DNS server quot fields empty I will attempt to use as the quot Preferred DNS Server quot and as the quot Alternate DNS server quot If that doesn t work could the supplied password be incorrect Are the DNS Server addresses I will use pretty standard What would prevent me from using the quot Obtain an IP Address automatically quot option to connect successfully When I tried to access the settings of the Unable to connect to home wireless network Linksys G router I did not have the correct user name and maybe password also I hope my friend knows the correct user name to modify the settings of the Linksys router Thank you for your expertise and time nbsp

A:Unable to connect to home wireless network

Try to connect without encryption first. A router reset to factory default settings will allow you to login!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-home-wireless-network.606004/
Relevancy 74.39%

--I wasn t sure if home server was more based on XP or Vista so i put it here-- hi all I have a router and a wireless internet connection and i recently installed windows home server How Windows Server i a connect network? wireless do Home to on How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network? an old desktop something i ve been meaning to How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network? do for quite some time However on the first bootup when it had completely finished installation It automatically loaded up an internet explorer page with a microsoft url It said the page How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network? could not be displayed - great - No internet sort of needed for a server I went to new network connection and chose quot always on quot and it said it should already be working chose repair Well the thing is i don t know where the icon is that s usually in the system tray on XP and vista to connect to a wireless network How do i connect via to a wireless network Does it need to be plugged in directly via ethernet to my router Thanks Nappymonster nbsp

A:How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network?

home server was not designed to work wirelessly, this is explained within it's documentation. you do need to hard wire (cable) your home-server computer back to your network switch or router for it to log on and receive the internet. hope this helps
bob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-connect-windows-home-server-to-a-wireless-network.721529/
Relevancy 74.39%

I One connect device home won't wireless network Solved: to recently upgraded my wireless router from D-Link DIR- to D-Link DIR- Before the changeover all of my devices were connecting to the router although I had several problems with dropped connections etc The Solved: One device won't connect to home wireless network devices in use were - Desktop computer - Laptop computer - All-in-one touchscreen computer - Netbook - iPhone original model Solved: One device won't connect to home wireless network - HP TouchPad tablet - Sony Blu-Ray player - Two internet radios Aluratek and Livio - Wii ALL of these devices were connected wirelessly to the network When I set up the new router I used a different network name SSID but kept the same security key password All of the router settings were kept the same e g WPA- etc After Solved: One device won't connect to home wireless network the new router was up and running every single one of the devices listed above connected after an initial setup with the new network name of course EXCEPT the All-in-one touchscreen computer I ve tried over and over and it refuses to accept the security key password The desktop laptop and touchscreen are all running Windows -bit Home Premium After doing some research I tried some suggested solutions but nothing seems to work Nothing on the problem computer has changed since it was last connected to the old router I checked the quot Properties quot of the network device on both the Desktop which has no problems connecting and the Touchscreen and they are identical WPA- AES etc And I m positive I m entering the security key correctly I ve rebooted the router and the computer several times and now I m at a loss as to what to do next I suppose I could try connecting with an ethernet cable but I d rather not move the computer if I don t have to and of course that wouldn t really solve the problem Any ideas Thanks in advance for any advice P S If it would help I can paste in the log of the router showing the various ACK NAK action which I freely admit I don t really understand nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

I had my home network set up and it worked just fine Desktop restore to Solved: Can't network wireless home connect w XP Home SP laptop w XP Media Center SP Linksys WRT G amp desktop hard-wired laptop wireless File sharing printer sharing all good Explorer exe file on laptop corrupted had to burn out the hard drive and recover reload Now can amp t get network back up Set up fine apparently on desktop but can amp Solved: Can't restore wireless connect to home network t make the connection with laptop Have run network setup wizard several times tried every different permutation I can think of with my low level of tech experience Wizard on laptop seems to set up network but desktop MSHOME network only sees desktop and when I try to see MSHOME with laptop it tells me it s unavailable and to ask network administrator may not have rights etc I saw you help another with similar problem but haven amp t been able to get her fixes to help this one What should I try next or what further info can I give you nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Our home computer has a wireless connection set up and the Internet is working. My laptop can not connect to the home wireless network. It says that it is connected, but i "this page can not be displayed" shows up when i try to open the Internet. My school is wireless and the lap top has no problem connecting to that network. I'm wondering if I'm forgetting to do something when trying to connect to the home network. Please help! Thanks!

A:Can't connect laptop to home wireless

Remove any stored wireless profiles on the problem laptop and search for new networks. You'll have to reenter the encryption key, then you should be able to connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-laptop-to-home-wireless.817545/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 73.96%

ok so the other day i got my internet turned back on. i plugged my modem and router back up and plug the CPU up ... needless to say nothing happens. So i go into the options mess around with stuff and now it detects something, but it will not connect to internet just says Identifiying... I am connect by hardwire. I can also pick up the Signal wirelessly but cannot connect for some reason. it says its "hidden" network. now my mom has connect on her laptop soooo i know its possible but she doesnt know how she did it.

A:Cant connect to home network (Vista)

Check your event viewer for TCPIP errors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-home-network-vista.72954/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad R i With Windows XP Pro SP to not network connect Laptop home the will and it will not Laptop will not connect to the home network connect to my home network wirelessly or via ethernet When I run the new connection wizard it says my Intel PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection is disconnected It recognizes the ethernet connection but when the wizard finishes nothing has changed my network connections window is still empty I have been able to connect wirelessly and via ethernet before but I had to use Lenovo s Access Connections However I downloaded WinPcap and list checker for hosting Warcraft games After trying to set those up I couldn t even use Lenovo s Access Connections to connect to the network Quite frankly I would rather just use the Windows XP networking stuff since it seems more straightforward if it would actually work that is but I have never been able to set it up My brother has a Lenovo Thinkpad R and it has the same networking hardware as mine His works and mine doesn t The drivers for his Intel network adapter drivers are version and mine are but neither of them are the most recent so I m not sure why that would be the problem I have tried the most recent drivers but those don t work either Also he has NET Framework while mine is only Would this make any difference I can t test it yet but I will next If you need any more info I would be happy to provide it Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop will not connect to the home network

The update from .NET framework 3.0 to 3.5 is a security update, and should be applied.
This may (but, imho, probably will not) fix the connectivity issues...
Proset is at version 12 now, but I prefer using the Windows Zero Config to manage network connections.

Have you tried running Internet Explorer?
It has a Network diagnostic tool built in, and I have used it a couple of times to repair connections.
One of the most recent repair issues with my wireless concerned transposing digits in the WEP key.
Worth double checking.

Other issues... I am not a gamer, let alone Online gamer... so others will be more help with those concerns.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-not-connect-to-the-home-network.130975/
Relevancy 73.96%

Good evening I am having problems with my home network named Dlink Jones I use a WiFi based adapter off my laptop to pick up the connection but for some reason it hasn t been connecting Currently I m picking up another connection but this one is much weaker than my home network connection I tried to reset the firewall settings but I didn t have any luck getting the connection to become established That being said I m not the most computer literate person in the world so I don t know if I reset it properly My WLAN is on and I can see the light I have internet connection but not to the preferred network and I also have this System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C home With Wireless to connect Problems Having Cant Internet connection, network Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus Norton Internet Security Disabled Please tell me if there s anything else I need to add for you to help me out nbsp

A:Having Problems With Wireless Internet connection, Cant connect to home network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-with-wireless-internet-connection-cant-connect-to-home-network.1032516/
Relevancy 73.96%

I am not sure what the problem is but my laptop wont connect to the wireless in my office, it connects fine to my wireless network at home... plz help!!

A:pc only connects to my wireless at home but wont connect to the network in my office

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-only-connects-to-my-wireless-at-home-but-wont-connect-to-the-network-in-my-office.994089/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi my laptop msi gt- dragon edition windows is having problem connecting to my home network its always disconnected showing the red x sign limited connection and sometimes do Help! connect laptop so to home network to wont Laptop but able other The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot I have tried everything format factory setting delete network flush dns etc but its still not working I have to switch off and switch on the router everytime to connect to the wifi for a short time period after that it will disconnected again my router is tp-link wr nd help here is my ipconfig all status Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Help! Laptop wont connect to home network but other laptop able to do so Corporation All rights reserved C Users nabskim gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MSI-nabz Help! Laptop wont connect to home network but other laptop able to do so Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address E- -E - F-CB- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address C- -A - F- E- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer Wireless-N GHz and GHz Physical Address C- -E - F-CB- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c aa f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Sunday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - C- - C- -A - A- -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C C-CD - FA- E - CEB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd ec f ff Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ec f ff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users nabskim gt nbsp

A:Help! Laptop wont connect to home network but other laptop able to do so

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-wont-connect-to-home-network-but-other-laptop-able-to-do-so.1130844/
Relevancy 73.1%

Setting up a home network with my new computer and my old one Vista The Vista system can't home on 8.1 connect network Windows Vista to can see connect to and access my computer But Windows 8.1 can't connect to Vista on home network my computer can NOT connect to and access my Vista computer even though it can see it I ve tried everything YES I have sharing enabled Yes both computers show up on the network When I try to access my old Vista using the home network I Windows 8.1 can't connect to Vista on home network get the following error message WINDOWS CANNOT ACCESS NETWORK-NAME Check the spelling otherwise there might be a problem with your network Then when I quot diagnose quot the issue Using windows I get this message quot You re computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource NETWORK-NAME is not responding I m at my wits end I want to access my old computer using my new one but I can ONLY access my new one using my old one it s the complete reverse of what I want Any suggestions nbsp

A:Windows 8.1 can't connect to Vista on home network

"NETWORK-NAME" is the host (or computer) name of the Vista, right?

Is at least one user account on the Vista password protected?

If any firewall (other than Windows') or security suite on the Vista is it properly configured for the desired access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-1-cant-connect-to-vista-on-home-network.1125782/
Relevancy 73.1%

My laptop can no longer connect to my home network Laptop will network network home connect every to my except It used to connect fine but I was having problems with my graphics card as every time I went on Youtube it would crash As a result I sent it into ASUS it is an ASUS K J Series and got the motherboard and the hard drive replaced After this Laptop will connect to every network except my home network my laptop seemed to be working great It connected to a variety of networks including home networks and public networks However it cannot connect to the network in my apartment I know this network works and is connectable as my roommate s laptop works perfectly fine So I know it is not a problem with my laptop since it connects to other networks and I know it is not the network since other laptops connect to it I ve tried resetting my adapter I ve tried turning off the firewall and I am simply out of ideas Also I ve tried the trouble shooting option numerous times after trying a variety of things that usually fix the connectivity but it always says that the problem cannot be detected It s starting to be really frustrating especially since I m in university and sharing a laptop when both my roommate and I need to do work is not convenient Thank you Prudence nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Hello Sorry if this has already been covered I have tried searching but don t really no what I m looking for I have a netgear dg series router at home but am having trouble laptop Work connect won't home network to accessing the Internet with my work computer I have connected dozens of personal Work laptop won't connect to home network computers and wifi devices to my network without trouble but with my work laptop I am stumped I originally tried setting up the connection myself I was able to connect to my network but had no Internet access The techies at my school then manually input all the necessary settings from an ipconfig all that I ran on my personal computer This made no difference to the issue the computer connected to the network but still no Internet The final thing I checked was whether I could access my router setup application through internet explorer I did this by going to http and using the default username and password That worked fine and I could access all the wireles settings and even change the Encription code Even after that I couldn t access the internet I m hoping it s a simple fix any help would be awesome Thanks Sebastian nbsp

A:Work laptop won't connect to home network

hi there try go into your network and sharing center and bridge your connections...
are you using wireless?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/work-laptop-wont-connect-to-home-network.1002052/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there,
I have just recently bought a Dell Inspiron laptop and am unable to connect to the network I have already set up at home. The desktop connects fine, my old laptop did and my sister's laptop (or anyone else for that matter) is able to connect to the network.
My computer recognises that the network is there and records a stron signal however, when I click to connect it doesn't ask for the password (which I know) and automatically says it is unable to connect.
Which settings do I need to change? I am hesitant to change the home computer settings as mine is the only laptop that has problems connecting.
Thanking you

A:Unable to connect to home network on my laptop

Remove all the stored network profiles from the new laptop and search for a new wireless network. It should ask for the password in this case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-home-network-on-my-laptop.814312/
Relevancy 73.1%

Why is it that I am able to connect my laptop to my home network, but my cousin is unable to connect his laptop to the same network? He and I have both been unsuccessful in trying to make a connection with his laptop. We were very careful to enter the correct information -- Security Type; Encryption Type; and Security key/passphrase -- so I cannot understand why his laptop won't connect, especially since entering the same info allowed my laptop to connect. Obviously, there is some other reason why we've failed thus far. Could it be that we're missing a vital step in the process? At one point I unplugged my router for 20 seconds and plugged it back in. Obviously, that didn't work.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who might be able to help. Thank you.

Relevancy 72.67%

My home network has several componants DSL down up and wireless down up My windows xp computer is connected to the wireless vista ultimate is connected to DSL but both are part of my home network and I am able to share files This part is fine it is hard wired My laptop xp pro wireless or hard wired sees the home hidden network is Vista a my wireless network says home network all is good Problem my tablet vista premium can Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network only connect to wireless down wirelessly is not able to share files Not part of home network file sharing and discovery are on It will connect to home network hard cable and share files when I get thwwat part figured out It is a member of home network Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network How do I correct this Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network problem I am using a DSL modem to a monowall router with wireless to switches through out the house The wireless signal from a different provider Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network through a meg I think anttena also goes to the mono wall router Monowall router is working correctly at least hard wired The purpose of a wireless home network is to sorry be wireless and able to move around and share files Sorry if it is confusing I had it all working with xp Vista is a problem that I have not figured out yet Help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/181414-vista-says-my-home-network-wireless-hidden-network.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Alright so I have two Windows computers, my laptop being Vista and my home network computer which is connected directly to the router is XP and then there is a Mac but I don't think it would interfere.
So basically whenever I look at my connection it says it's connected to "Unidentified Network" (Then my router name) and it says the access is local only.
I don't know how this happened, I've been connected to the internet using this computer and router for almost a year now and I've changed nothing.
But maybe you guys could come up with some specific troubleshooting steps?
Oh yeah and neither ethernet or wireless connection is working.
Thanks guys.

Oh yeah and the connection only works if the laptop is in safe mode.

A:Laptop Won't Connect to Home Computer Through Ethernet or Wireless

I think you're saying the network looks like

Code:

modem--WiFi.Router---wired.XP
|
+---- wired.Mac
|
+ ..... WiFi or Wired Vista laptop

The Mac and XP can use the Internet (can they share between them?)

Vista can not share (but can it use the internet?)

On vista try this
run->ipconfig /all >mytcp.txt​and attach \user\yourLogin/mytcp.txt to your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-computer-through-ethernet-or-wireless.124192/
Relevancy 72.67%

I am having a strange problem with my wireless internet in my house. We have ATT highspeed internet and a wireless network set up. My roommates have had no problem connecting to the wireless internet, but my Dell Inspiron Laptop with Windows XP will not connect for some reason. It recognizes the network, and I am sure I am entering the correct password for the network. It says that it is connecting to the wireless network, but nothing happens. This is odd since I am able to connect to other public wireless networks. I am not sure what is causing the connection problem. Please let me know if you have any idea how to figure out what the problem is. Thank you.

A:Dell Laptop Can't Connect to Home Wireless Internet

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. Use WPA-PSK if possible. If you have to use WEP use a HEX key, not an ascii passcode.

If unsuccessful also try to connect via ethernet and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-cant-connect-to-home-wireless-internet.746969/
Relevancy 72.24%

For some reason my cousin is now unable to connect his Toshiba Windows laptop to my home network I don t understand why I m able to connect with my Toshiba Vista laptop but he cannot We ve had this same problem before but I can t recall what we Solved: cannot laptop connect home network. to 7 Windows did to fix it For what it s worth my router is a BELKIN N F D - ver and I m pretty sure my Security is WPA - Personal and my Encryption Type is TKIP The strange thing is that last night and this morning the situation was reversed He was connected to my network while I had lost my laptop connection and was unable to reconnect last night and this morning When I tried connecting I kept getting the Solved: Windows 7 laptop cannot connect to home network. message quot Connected with Limited Access quot but I couldn t get online Out of frustration I went in and fiddled with my network settings Actually I believe I went in and created a new network although I used the same network name I let the computer choose my new security key passphrase which I entered and voila I was back online immediately When my cousin came in I gave him the new security key passphrase and told him he d probably need it to get online Unfortunately it didn t work for him So now the situation has been changed to where I m online and he isn t As I said this same sort of situation happened at least once or twice before a few months back There was a time when he could get online and I couldn t and then there was another time when I could get online and he couldn t It s too bad I can t remember what we did to finally straighten things out I m pretty sure the solution was quite simple I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who can tell me what must be done in order to get both of us back online simultaneously This is probably a stupid question but could the directional positioning of the router be affecting his ability to connect Even if that were a possibility I don t believe that was the answer the last time we had this problem Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I recently bought a windows laptop running vista to do windows testing on for web development I use macs normally I was shocked to find that I can t simply push connect enter a key and then be connected to our home wireless network no of course not because it s windows and nothing is easy or practical Anyhow before I go on an anti windows rant I actually need this working So at home we have a wireless network secured by a bit WEP to connect Can't network on Vista wireless key On our macs I simply push connect enter this key and we re away With my new vista machine I go to Network amp Sharing Center - gt Connect Can't connect to wireless network on Vista to a network and click our network I m then immediately met with a screen that says quot Press the configuration button on your access point quot I have no idea what this means Down the bottom of the screen there is an option that says quot I can t find the configuration button I want to enter the network key or passphrase instead quot Which I click The next screen I click quot Enter Select additional log on information quot but this brings up a user name password login domain screen I just want to enter my bit key and be connected How and where do I do this Please help before I throw this laptop out the window in frustration I m using a D-Link DIR- wireless router Also when I run quot ipconfig quot in the command prompt I get quot Media State Media disconnected quot For all adapters listed Is this right Thanks nbsp

A:Can't connect to wireless network on Vista

You also cannot connect by ethernet?

I'm having trouble understanding why anybody would buy a computer with Vista installed. Is this a used computer? If so, is the OS also pre-used or is it a fresh install?

The next screen I click "Enter/Select additional log on information" but this brings up a user name/ password/ login domain screen... Click to expand...

I'm struggling with understanding where this is coming from. Not a problem with the way you described things; I just don't remember ever running across that when I had Vista.

Try disabling encryption on the router and see if you can get a connection that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wireless-network-on-vista.1005091/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello After our wireless network had itself a moment where all wireless devices disconnected for a period of about minutes one of my machines specs below has been unable to reconnect to any wireless network All other wireless devices running different operating systems have reconnected though the one running Windows now seems to have redirect virus the subject for Wireless Connect Network Vista Cannot to a different post I suppose Thoughts All requested logs appear below Thanks Pluto jm OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Vista Cannot Connect to Wireless Network Acer Aspire Z V Base Board Serial Number Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Not Updated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Vista Cannot Connect to Wireless Network Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Vista Cannot Connect to Wireless Network Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Startup Mechanic StartupMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows System spool drivers w x E FATIFCA EXE C Program Files Acer Acer VCM AcerVCM exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Acer Acer VCM acp HID exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m aspire z R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ask com o amp l dis R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m aspire z R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m aspire z R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook UrlSearchHook Class - - E - FD - - F E FC - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook YTNavAssist YTNavAssistPlugin Class - EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTNavAssist dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO vShare Toolbar - C - BB- -AF E- FAEDACF - C Program Files vshare vshare toolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO ShowBarObj Class - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x ActiveToolBand dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- ... Read more

A:Vista Cannot Connect to Wireless Network

Hi. It's been four days since my initial post so I thought a bump was in order.

Also, it seems the computer is having trouble connecting ONLY to my home network. I took it elsewhere to another secured wifi network with which it is familiar and had no problems at all.

Looking forward to a reply.

Thanks,
pluto95jm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-cannot-connect-to-wireless-network.995690/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have computers now I have had of the computers with Windows XP for years with DSL no problems I am using the Wireless-G Broadband Router model no WRT G on my main desktop I installed the Linksys Wireless G USB Network Adaptor to the new pc that came with Windows Vista When i try to connect to my secure wireless network it says it taking longer than usual to connect Then it displays the message that i have limited or no connectivity This Power Spec V computer did not Wireless with Network Won't Connect with PC New Vista come with a dial up modem so i had to purchase an external dial up modem and now i can connect New PC with Vista Won't Connect with Wireless Network to AOL only thru dial up and not DSL This is very frustrating I don t know what to do New PC with Vista Won't Connect with Wireless Network Do i need to purchase a USB Network New PC with Vista Won't Connect with Wireless Network Adapter that is compatible or designed to work with Windows Vista Also it won t connect me broadband pppoe i get an error nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

hi i am using a laptop with vista home and am having daily aggravation i can t connect to wireless network until i do one or all of the following reset nic reset router run vista diagnose and repair restart the computer disable connect won't network. wireless vista to enable wireless lan vista shows wireless networks are available and the name of the network ows up on network and sharing center sometimes when it does vista won't connect to wireless network. connect i get limited or no connectivity when i run diagnose i get different results vista won't connect to wireless network. at different times i am currenly on the network with this laptop and here are the results of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Rachel gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rachel Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe db f d a dd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday July AM Lease Expires Saturday July AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - B- - F- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B BCA -C EC- - E - E br BF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f f fe b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f f fe b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Rachel gt please help nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

why is it that when i take my notebook outside of home network and i try to connect to others (wired or wireless) i get a modem popup.

I'm used to xp and find it ?? to connect elsewhere.

Any info?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connect-to-wireless-network-via-vista-233562.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello Recently I temporarily lost all wireless connectivity to the netgear rangemax wpn version router wireless connect to Vista won't network I share with my upstairs neighbor located in his apartment Connectivity was restored a few minutes later to all computers except for the Vista won't connect to wireless network one running Vista SP XP and reconnected immediately The Vista -bit computer can see the network but cannot connect I have run the network diagnostic tool several times and the result is always the same - the security is incorrect it is not incorrect I have pasted an ipconfig report below If anyone has any suggestions or would be willing to take on my case I would appreciate it Thanks JMundy Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jim-and-Stewart Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nyc rr com Description Ralink n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - B-D -C - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - A- - E- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap nyc rr com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A B - C- F- C D- FD DB EF B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395245/vista-wont-connect-to-wireless-network/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have purchased a new Dell laptop with Vista loaded. I am trying to connect this to my existing wireless network where I already have 3 XP laptops connected. I am able to find my network and connect but only have limited access and am not able to connect to the internet. When I look at the connection details, the ip information is not populating. I have also tried to connect directly to obtain the IP addresses but this has not worked. I have tried to manually enter the gateway, subnet IPs but can only obtain limited access. My wireless network is connected to a cable modem and is a secured network. Thank you.

Relevancy 72.24%

In my house I have an airport extreme and then a dsl modem which has wireless. I've always connected to the modem wirelessly as it is faster than using the airport. However after restarting the modem vista will no longer connect to it even though it is working. It will however connect to the airport which is strange as the airport is connected to the modem, so I do know the internet is working. When I diagnose the problem it tells me it's a unknown error. Any help in trying to get connected again to the modem would be a great help. Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-connect-to-wireless-network-240539.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My office recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 7, but I cannot connect to our wireless network, which does appear as the first among 6 available Wireless Network Connections available to connect to. Windows Network Diagnostics states that "there is a problem with the wireless adapter or access point". As of last week, the previous laptop running XP connected to this wireless network fine. I can connect to the internet by connecting the ethernet cable straight to the router. Please advise on what i may be doing wrong.

A:New laptop will not connect to wireless network

Welcome to the forum replassurg,
Which router are you using, model number and version would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/52544-new-laptop-will-not-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey

i'm trying to connect my laptop to the internet but it doesn't connect to the router even when i enter the correct network key?

my laptop connects to all unprotected networks just fine but when i have to enter a key it never works? this isn;t me trying to rip off internet but when i use the correct key it just says trying to connect then it never does actually connect.

everyone else in the house i'm living in seems to be able to connect to it using the network key but my laptop is the exception?

thanks x

A:Can't connect laptop to wireless network with key

Have you installed the latest drivers for your laptop? How about the exact make/model of the laptop? Is this internal wireless, or an add-on USB or PCMCIA card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-laptop-to-wireless-network-with-key.754240/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a wireless network DI- router All was working fine till I had a possible security breach not sure if it was or not which caused me to discover many new ways to tighten up my wireless connection Unfortunately somewheres along the way my laptop a Fujitsu P running XP Home decided it didn t want to play any more The other computer on the network a PC running Windows connects fine The primary computer is wired to the router Here s connect won't network to wireless Laptop what I ve changed in the router config Yesterday Reduced the scope of my DHCP server so it covers only the of computers actually connecting Set static IPs for those three computers Laptop s in the Laptop won't connect to wireless network middle of the addys available Set router to only allow specific MAC addys This worked fine yesterday Turned off SSID broadcasting It was on cause the laptop seemed to need it originally but yesterday it didn t - was working fine At this point the laptop had no problem connecting to the network or to the internet through it I had made no changes to the laptop just to the router config TODAY Changed my SSID and channel This I think is where it all went wrong But WHY I ve set them the same on the laptop and by diety it SEES the wireless connection Reduced the signal strength The laptop s less than a foot from the router nuff said it sees the connection as I think that s it I made no change to the laptop config until it was apparent that it wasn t going to connect any more The laptop DOES see the wireless connection reports a quot connected quot status Fat lot of good it does me though cause everything else is like the network doesn t exist It cannot ping the router or the primary PC request times out The PC can ping the router the other computer on the net but not the laptop again times out When I boot the laptop with DHCP automatic it sets the quot Autoconfiguration IP Address quot to something bogus and that s all she wrote It s like it isn t even looking for the router though I ve even set the Default Gateway in the TCP IP properties I ve tried setting the General setting to using specific addresses but that didn t work either I ve turned off the firewall thinking it might be the problem no difference I ve tried the quot repair quot option to no avail I d appreciate any ideas even obvious ones I m thinking that I might be missing something really obvious or else I ve just discovered another reason to upgrade my laptop Thanks for any assistance jmc nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

My laptop won t connect to the wireless internet connection in my house even though one particular connect wireless won't to network Laptop it will connect to any other wireless network and all Laptop won't connect to one particular wireless network other phones and computer seem to connect to this network fine It just says the connection is local only Every once in a while it will connect for a reason I don t know but when I try it again the next day it won t work However the laptop will connect with the ethernet cable The wireless provider TalkTalk have said I might need to try installing or reconfiguring Wireless I googled this and followed the instructions to set the WLAN autoconfig and wired autoconfig to automatic but that hasn t fixed it Any help mucjh appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc KY nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hello there. Been having issues with my wireless connection lately. The issue I am facing is when trying to connect to the wireless network in my house, it will constantly say connecting to the network, but never connects. If it doesnt do that is switches between connecting, limited acces and back to connecting to no end. My laptop is a DV7-6199US running Windows 7 64 bit. I have already tried rejoining the network, resarting the router itself, installed the latest networking drivers for my laptop and multiple system restarts. LAN connection works just fine to the router, but not wireless. Also to not is that there are 2 laptops and a desktop in the house that can connect to the router just fine.

A:Laptop won't connect to wireless network

Hi You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.               2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine. 4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit. 6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well. If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-won-t-connect-to-wireless-network/td-p/2972555
Relevancy 71.81%

All attempts to network with my to Cannot connect any wireless laptop connect meets with the same error quot unable to connect to network quot preceded by the system hanging for a lengthy amount of time Windows advises me to unplug the router and plug it back in which obviously isn't an option Here are some screenshots for whatever they might be worth ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting I'm not running any firewall but Windows Firewall This problem has only cropped Cannot connect to any wireless network with my laptop up recently At first I was only having the problem with public wifi networks -- at home using my own wireless router there was no trouble Then I deleted my home wireless profile as a troubleshooting procedure and I can no longer connect to it either Here are some additional specs for whatever they might be worth OS Version Microsoft Cannot connect to any wireless network with my laptop Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NWQAA Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Any assistance at all would be very much appreciated

A:Cannot connect to any wireless network with my laptop

and welcome to the Forum

Why is power cycling the Modem and router "not an option"? Please post back with exact make/model of all the networking equipment and exactly how they're all wired together

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/cannot-connect-to-any-wireless-network-with-my-laptop-640528.html
Relevancy 71.81%

The building I m staying in has wi-fi connection I can use my iPhone to connect to the my with connect to network Cannot laptop wireless wireless network there fine But for some reason I am not able to do so with my laptop When I click on the Wireless Network option on my laptop it will show the names of all wireless networks that Cannot connect to wireless network with my laptop are in range but when I click on my building s network name to connect there will just be a window pop-up saying it is quot Waiting for the Wireless Network quot for a while and then just disappear without anything happening and the laptop would not be connected to the network I tried clicking on the nearby Cannot connect to wireless network with my laptop buildings networks where I could receive the signals in my room and they all can be connected fine Just only the one of my building that does not work with my laptop My Cannot connect to wireless network with my laptop laptop is pretty old but I can use it to connect to wi-fi anywhere I ve been traveling so far Normally once I turn the wireless network on it will search and connect to available networks it could find automatically But in this building even though my laptop could find the network and the status is set to quot Automatic quot nothing would happen and seems there s no way to make it connect The fact that I can use my phone to connect to the building s network and that my laptop can connect to any other networks beside this one seems there is something in particular here that makes my laptop not being able to connect to just this network of my building I do not have the access to the building s router though I can only ask the building staff to reset the router but nothing happend still Is there something specific I could ask them to check with the router or with my laptop somehow nbsp

A:Cannot connect to wireless network with my laptop

try renewing your IP address. right click on the wireless network connection icon in the bottom right corner of your desktop and click repair and just wait till it tries to repair it, this may solve the problem or it might not so Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wireless-network-with-my-laptop.893606/
Relevancy 71.81%

I recently got my laptop s hard connect to network Laptop wireless cannot drive replaced and now I cannot connect to my home wireless network Laptop cannot connect to wireless network or the neighbour s either for that matter Important points -My laptop cannot connect wirelessly to any network or computer -My laptop can connect wired ethernet cable to the network -My laptop can connect wirelessly using an external usb wireless adapter -Other computers can connect wirelessly to the network -I own an excellent quality Belkin N Wireless F D - So far I have tried in any and every order -reinstalling drivers -reinstalling the router modem itself -made sure the passwords mac address filtering and firewalls on the router are all disabled -changed the channels on the router -made sure the TCP IP options are set to Obtain address automatically -disabled and re-enabled my network cards in the device manager -reset the WINSOCK entries to installation defaults and reset IP IPv IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults -entered into cmd the following - ftp localhost which yielded a ftp connect connection refused Here is my Sysinfo OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc M Va BSN Antivirus None ipconfig all with wired connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D- - -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe eb c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January AM Lease Expires Friday March AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ipconfig all WITHOUT wired connection Windows IP Configuration Host Name -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D- - -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Xirrus Screenshot NOTE My network is the quot Dinh Fam quot network I hope this is structured well enough for you to get... Read more

Relevancy 71.81%

I ve just setup a new netgear router DG GV in my home We have two laptops Problem is my laptop which we used to setup the network and router is fine and works the other laptop can t find the network First off it s ethernet port isn t working so can t get wired internet Secondly the laptop does find networks a lot of them but not a single one is ours I ve tried moving it around at different distances and nothings worked so far Went to the netgear guys the other day Told us to turn on access control That got both of us finding the network but neither of us allowing to connect I turned it off and both of us connected Then this morning it stopped working again and turning on access control didn t do anything apart wireless to 'new' connect laptop Can't network from stop me connecting I sent them this info but tbh their english is crap and it takes them days to get back to you What do i do Laptop specs are Dell Latitude x windows XP sp with Can't connect 'new' laptop to wireless network an intel pro wireless BG network connection and i haven t hidden the ssid Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

I have just purchased a new laptop. The new HP mini 110-1100 with windows 7 and i am unable to connect to any network. I have reinstalled the drivers. I have another laptop which is able to connect to the network and it is a Vista. Any suggestions on what i should do?

A:New laptop can't connect to wireless network

Setup a static ip address for the wireless adapter in Windows.

If no help, disable security on the router temporarily to test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/43122-new-laptop-cant-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello all.

Just today I moved my router and modem from my room, directly connected to my laptop, and brought it downstairs to connect to my new desktop which I'm on right now. The internet is working perfectly on here, but I went back up to discover my laptop will not connect to the same network. I've tried all the Windows solutions to no avail, and it just says Im connected with limited access so short of connect the laptop directly to the router again, which kind of defeats the purpose, I'm at a loss. Thanks for any help, and if you need any specs let me know.

Router: Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G
Computer: Dell Inspiro 1720

A:Laptop Will Not Connect to Wireless Network

Are you SURE you plugged the modem into the WAN port of the router, and now one of the LAN ports?

Let's see this from the working machine?
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wireless-network.868393/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi Having some Wireless Network Laptop cannot via connect problems with my daughters connection to the wireless network No matter how many times I add the network details it will not connect It constantly says there are no networks in Laptop cannot connect via Wireless Network range Laptop cannot connect via Wireless Network I have changed the settings and made the network Open but still no joy IPCONFIG on the laptop comes up with nothing - it says disconnected The desktop is working fine no connection problems I use an ASUS WL g router IPCONFIG on the desktop shows this - Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Iain gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL PCI-E Gigabit E thernet NIC Physical Address - A- D- C-EB- D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Click to expand Networking is not something I know much about so any help would be gratefully appreciated especially as both my wife and my daughter will try and throw me off the desktop if I don t get this fixed nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I ve recently purchased a new router Linksys WRT N I was successfull conecting the router to the modem and setting up the router My friend has an iphone and he was able to connect to the wireless network However I cannot connect my laptop to the network My wireless switch is not disabled I can see the network laptop to wireless connect Cannot network but I can t connect to it I keep adding the network details it just doesn t work I figured since my friend is able to connect to it with his iphone then the problem is in my laptop My network adapters are Intel R PRO Cannot connect laptop to wireless network Wireless BG Network Connection Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC There are no yellow exclamation or interrogation marks in the device manager I also tried resetting Cannot connect laptop to wireless network to installation defaults using netsh int Cannot connect laptop to wireless network ip reset reset log netsh winsock reset catalog Both commands were successfull I restarted the laptop and still nothing So this is my ipconfig all output Windows IP Configuration Host Name carole lt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - - D- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November PM Lease Expires Wednesday November PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - - F-AD- - E I ve been working on this for consecutive days now If anybody can please help I would appreciate it greatly Thank you Carole nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

I recently moved into a new house and cannot seem to connect to their wireless network. The other two laptops work perfectly fine and visitors are able to connect with ease but I'm unable.
The network will pick up the next door neighbors connection but not my own. I have added the new network with the correct passwords, I have also checked the device manager for any thing wrong or missing. I have restored the firewall settings, disabled and then enabled the wireless network connection.
What else can I do???

A:Laptop will not connect to wireless network

i have moved to networking
lets see a screen shot of xirrus and see the wireless environment - see below
turn off any wireless security on the router and see if you can now connect
lets see an ipconfig /all and pings - see below
remove all the wireless profiles and reconnect and re-enter the passwords - see below

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to
--

Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the preferred networks
start> control panel> network connections> right click on the wireless connection> listed w... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wireless-network.964418/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys i have a D-link wireless router and i cannot connect on my laptop. it connects fine with my asus netbook but on my dell it wont connect. It just keeps on saying acquiring network address and then re configures and starts over. The password is correct. If yall have any suggestions it would be greatly apprciated.

Relevancy 71.81%

Ok....I bought a TP-Link wireless router.... then I install it to my PC...
OK the internet connection goes well..... it was connected.....
then I try to connect the wireless network using my second PC....
and it also goes well.... it was connected
but the problem starts when I'm tryin to connect my sis laptop with the wireless network...
it detects the wireless network but cannot connect to the network.....
I thought it was my sis laptop wireless problem..... but when i try to connect it using my father laptop..... still it cannot connect to the wireless network....
when i'm tryin to connect to the network... it says 'there was no connectivity or the network is not within the range' but i put my... i just presume it is my laptop ok..
i put my laptop next to the router.....
need help here..

Relevancy 71.81%

Any help gratefully received Here's my issue Setup Wired home network behind a NAT enabled router to cable modem to internet provider Vista pc's and XP No software firewalls because of NAT on router Windows firewall disabled although checkboxes for remote desktop are checked Norton installed for virus protection but firewall disabled Security settings for blank password access enable as described in quot http www mydigitallife info trick-to-enable-and-allow-windows-xp-and-vista-remote-desktop-login-without-password-or-with-blank-null-password quot for example All stations have remote desktop enabled Allowed RD connections running connect to home to I network Cannot Desktop Vista (Ultimate) on can but Remote XP any version of windows All pc's are visible on the network tree Cannot Remote Desktop to Vista (Ultimate) on home network but I can connect to XP and I can browse directories and files from any station using windows explorer I have not added any additional users except for the default id I use to log in at each station which is granted by default according to the quot Select Remote Users quot option in System Properties Remote Problem From a Vista box I can start remote desktop and log in to the XP box no problem From the XP box via the remote connection or by sitting directly at the XP pc I bring up remote desktop and select a Vista box by name or by ip address I get the message quot This computer can't connect to the remote computer quot I've done a lot of searching on this issue but can't find a solution Next problem is to get web access going via dyndns

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-remote-desktop-to-vista-ultimate-on-home-network-but-i-can-connect-to-xp-271231.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a combined wired amp wireless home network based on a Linksys WRT G router Due to limitations XP setup wireless or Vista Can't network using connect of our Tivo s b wireless only which for now must be wireless I m using WEP encryption The problem is Can't connect wireless using XP or Vista network setup that I cannot connect to the network with either of laptops using the wireless setup features built into either XP or Vista For whatever reason I m not getting past the WEP handshake I ve tried entering both hex and ASCII versions of the key--no dice Now it gets even curiouser I can and have gotten both laptops to connect through XP by installing Intel ProSet wireless and overriding the Windows wireless controller With ProSet I input the SSID and key and I m up slick as can be So you ask quot What s the problem quot The problem is that ProSet is not supported by Vista Therefore the laptop I set up to beta trial Vista cannot connect wireless I know the issue has something to do with the encryption protocol key but for the life of me I cannot figure out what The only difference I can identify is that the ProSet wireless setup asks me to define the encryption level -bit meaning a -character ASCII or a -character hex key while both XP and Vista simply have a blank that will accept either I have no clue why that might be significant but it seems to be Any assistance would be greatly appreciated this is beyond frustrating nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hello So my parents are having a problem with connecting to a wireless network The router in question is the linksys WRT N and they are using a windows Vista computer The router is not theirs so it is unlikely that they will be allowed to change any big settings When they first moved to where they are their computer picked up the network fine and connected fine and everything was dandy However like a day later the whole network went down network Vista cannot to connect computer wireless for everyone and when it came back up Vista computer cannot connect to wireless network they could no longer connect to it Ive been troubleshooting with them trying to find a solution and have tried many different things I have tried editing the registry in a few ways reinstalling network devices changing settings on the computer all to no avail There was one new piece of information that they found out today though was that when they changed some security setting on the router from quot Young Teen quot Vista computer cannot connect to wireless network to something else they were able to connect again but everyone else on the network was not They are not sure if that is the setting that was changed for sure and to me it sounds like it might be wrong I cant get to their place because they are a few thousand miles away and the lady who owns the router is supposedly not very accommodating so I am asking for help here Is there anyway to fix this without getting into the router If you need any more information I will be glad to provide what I can Any ideas or tips would be very appreciated EDIT She just found out her iPhone cannot connect either not sure how that affects things nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

I have an old laptop, a compaq presario/906US and I want to connect to the internet via the wifi network at the house i'm moving into. What do i need to add to my laptop so that i'd be able to do this?? Thank you.

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I am having trouble connecting my girlfriends laptop 7: Please Windows Help! Laptop on network wireless to connect won't to the internet using her Windows laptop via a Dlink router with Virgin Media The laptop previously had Windows Vista installed but I recently upgraded it to Windows For about weeks the laptop connected Laptop won't connect to wireless network on Windows 7: Please Help! to the wireless router fine but stopped working about days ago for some unknown reason out of the blue We have tried various methods to fix it including disabling the wireless network adapter and enabling it again we have tried updating the driver for the adapter but Laptop won't connect to wireless network on Windows 7: Please Help! we get a message saying that the Laptop won't connect to wireless network on Windows 7: Please Help! driver currently installed is the latest driver It also won't let me roll back to the previous driver as that option is faded out in the properties box I have took her laptop to my house today to try and connect it to my router which is also with Virgin and is working fine on my computers at my house and the laptop won't let me connect to the network and it keeps saying there are no network connections available I understand that usually it displays a list of connections you can log on to but the laptop is not finding any connections at all On Thursday we attempted to connect to the internet by plugging in the blue wire that came with the router and that works fine It's just it will not connect wirelessly What really baffles us with this problem is that it worked fine for a couple of weeks then suddenly stopped working Could it be an update that was installed that has caused the problem perhaps I have also tried using System Restore but that hasn't fixed the problem either The wireless adapter is called Atheros AR G Wirelss Network Adapter Please help as my girlfriend needs her Facebook fix and is very close to throwing her laptop out of the window

A:Laptop won't connect to wireless network on Windows 7: Please Help!

given that your wireless adapter is switched on and enabled in windows and in bios and ...at any time after this point you can stop if the wireless starts working again...

Disable any firewalls or antivirus apps that are installed.
Make sure you have the correct passkey for the network
Delete all wireless network properties from the manage wireless networks page and reenter your wep or wpa password if you have one.
Use windows to manage wireless network connections.
Uninstall any third party "wireless managers"
Reinstall windows
I'm sure others here can think of a few things that It haven't, but if you get to this point and it's still not working, it's possible there's a hardware failure

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/102595-laptop-wont-connect-wireless-network-windows-7-please-help.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there I am currently experiencing problems connecting to my Network with one of my laptops The connect Laptop wont network to wireless main laptop I have connects fine so does my xbox my iPhone and other phones in the house to the WiFi If I open up Internet Explorer I get the error Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage I have the option to diagnose connection problems and when I click on that it says Windows cannot resolve the problem Please contact your network administrator or Internet service provider If I go on Start Connect to then the Laptop wont connect to wireless network network in use it says Windows cannot connect to Example Once again I try to diagnose the problem and I get the previous error message Windows cannot resolve the problem I m guessing this could be the route of the problem yesterday I had to remove the network on my main computer and add it again in order for me to get the WiFi on my new iPhone I used the same network name and password though Thanks in advance for any replies I am alright on computers but not with networking Harry nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Ok

I've had my wireless network around 3-4 weeks and after returning the first router to the shop as it was broke i now have lost connection on the networked laptop, i can still access the internet on my desktop computer but when i try to access the router page on the desktop PC at www.192.168.1.254/ it wont show the page.

i have done ipconfig and its showing my ip address as 192.168.1.1 default gateway is 192.168.1.254 the subnet is 255.255.255.0

when doing ipconfig on the laptop its showing 0.0.0.0 for all the above

how is it that im connecting to the internet no problem but the router page isnt showing this seems to me that the router is not working for some reason.

what can i try to get everything working again?

thanx..

A:wireless network wont connect on laptop

can you post an IPCONFIG /ALL for both machines here

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-wont-connect-on-laptop.459623/
Relevancy 70.95%

hello
my second laptop (with xp) won't connect to the new wireless network i've set up though it detects it.
i tried using the ethernet cable and it works but of course i'd like to use the laptop anywhere in the house if possible.
i've looked around for solutions on the net and tried ticking/unticking various boxes but havne't got anywhere..

can anyone please help?
i'm writing from the laptop that gets the connection

thank you very much

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello all Here is a hopefully brief description of my problem I have recently moved and I brought my wireless router with me from my last home The wireless router is a D-Link DIR- Wireless N Router I reconfigured the router with a new Solved: not with wireless Can laptop connect to network connection name password and security key Upon trying to Solved: Can not connect to wireless network with laptop connect to the wireless network once it was fully reconfigured no problems reconfiguring whatsoever I was getting the quot Windows was unable to connect quot message Since then I have been able to connect successfully to the network with an iPod Touch Xbox Playstation and my roommate s laptop I have tried resetting the router and modem with no success I can see the wireless network in the available connections list and other networks in my area I can also connect to the internet through this router manually using an ethernet cable which I am doing now to post this message I submitted my computer s specs using the SysInfo app given at registration I will also include an IPCONFIG ALL as I have seen this requested in other threads like this one These are the results of that note this was run while connected through the wireless router using an ethernet cable Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kalmah Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List fm shawcable net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -F - A- F- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix fm shawcable net Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address C- - - - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cb a d d ed Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway fe ff fee b c DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e b ba e be bd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe b ba e be bd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D DDA - CED- - A - CCAA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap fm shawcable net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix fm shawcable net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

I have My connect wireless not my network Laptop will Solved: to a Dell Inspiron laptop Xp home edition service pack I am able to access internet with cable but not wirelessly I have looked at several posts and tried them but nothing has Solved: My Laptop will not connect to my wireless network worked so far I unplugged the router and reset I know I am missing something I unplugged cable and ran Solved: My Laptop will not connect to my wireless network an ipconfig all and saved to a disk Here are the results Any help would be appreciated Thanks Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Rabbit gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name cary Primary Solved: My Laptop will not connect to my wireless network Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - - F-D - - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - -F - - -A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Rabbit gt nbsp

A:Solved: My Laptop will not connect to my wireless network

To add info. i am able to connect to an unsecured connection but not my own. It says Validating identity

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-laptop-will-not-connect-to-my-wireless-network.1054530/
Relevancy 70.95%

I m going to try to include as much info as I won't Can network wireless view connect but laptop can but please bare with me as I m struggling with all of this and am utterly frustrated after weeks of trying to figure out what s going on Basically I have a Gateway laptop it s about yrs old has had some issues in the past and is now operating on a bootleg copies of Windows tablet XP I have been connecting Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect to the wireless router that is set up in our house but there were some connectivity issues recently and my mother reinstalled Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect it and set up the network all over again Now I cannot connect with my laptop The network will show up as available to connect and when I click on it it asks for the WEP key which my mother set and I type it in and nothing happens It doesn t give me an error message that I typed Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect in the wrong key The box simply goes away and I stay unconnected Nothing on my laptop was changed in anyway from when it was connecting to when it wasn t There is another Newer Dell Laptop in the house and that can connect to the wireless network and work without issue I m at a total loss as to what I should do and its becoming quite a sore topic in our house Please Help if you can The router is a belkin router if that helps at all nbsp

A:Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect

no help with pirated versions of windows here

closed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-view-wireless-network-but-laptop-wont-connect.948772/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all,

I have a quick (?) question for you:

My step-son has just bought a "Siemens Amilo Pro" Laptop, it had been setup by the guy we bought it from when he brought it around, I was at work at the time and didn't know the password for our Wireless connection. When I got home I found the passkey and tried to connect the Laptop to the internet.

It just says "Low or No Connectivity" and cannot access the internet. I have checked that the passkey is correct (by going onto Belkin's site) and it is the generated key that I was given.

I had managed to set my second computer up in this way, but the laptop will not.

Anyone got any ideas?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello all My laptop is the only device that is unable to connect to the wireless internet in my new house There are at least two other computers and three other phones including mine that have no problems connecting to the network My laptop is a Dell XPS M running on Windows Vista The wireless router is a Cisco Linksys Model No WRT N I have never had a problem connecting to any wireless networks in the past but when I try to connect to this new network it fails every time After the first two minutes it says quot Connecting to network taking longer than usual quot and then it says quot Connection failed quot because the network timed out I have Norton Antivirus and have disabled the both the Norton and Windows that the network to cannot connect device is Laptop wireless only firewalls And I tried to find a driver to download but I couldn t find any that were compatible with my computer and the router I have run out Laptop is the only device that cannot connect to wireless network of options and am close to just buying a new router I would appreciate any help you all are able to provide Thank you in advanced nbsp

A:Laptop is the only device that cannot connect to wireless network

are you paying a subscription to norton ?

can you connect to the router by cable- and does it workok

whats the model of the wireless adapter - should be in device manager - see below

we have seen issues with a particular adapter and vista like this - AR5007(EG) and a driver update often resolves it

Remove the wireless security
Is your wireless security enabled?
if so - log into the router and remove the wireless security - now see if it will connect.
if it does - log back into the router and try with the wireless security enabled again

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.
Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Device Manager
Post back the results i... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-the-only-device-that-cannot-connect-to-wireless-network.1089961/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have reloaded windows vista from the hard drive for a customer, it is a esystems 4315. Before the reload it would connect automatically to the preferred network. but now I have to switch on the wireless switch every time. I have set the settings to connect to the preferred network on boot but it still will not connect automatically. I have also downloaded the latest drivers

A:laptop will not connect to wireless network on boot

Sometimes those things come with small apps that you can us to manage the adapter, was there any GUI like interface that was their before and not there now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wireless-network-on-boot.959253/
Relevancy 70.95%

Well I was uploading some videos on Youtube on my laptop when the wireless connection just went off on its own It could still detect my home wireless network but when I try to connect to it from the list of available unable network wireless to to Laptop connect networks it just stops halfway while trying to connect and refreshes the list again When I tried right-clicking and the connection icon on the taskbar and choose repair I always end up with quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following could not be completed Connecting to the wireless network quot I don t think it has anything to do with the settings in the laptop because I get the same thing when I restored my C-drive to how it was months ago using a back-up The house computer that uses the local area connection can still connect to the internet but I m not sure whether any settings were changed here that would affect my laptop I can t really restore the stuff here too to before my problem coz there s s lot of my dad s stuff are in here So is my problem because of something to do with the settings or did something in Laptop unable to connect to wireless network my laptop got spoilt nbsp

A:Laptop unable to connect to wireless network

I assume you've already tried rebooting the laptop. Next step would be to shut down all computers; unplug the router; plug in the router; boot computers. If still a problem please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-network.858328/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a laptop in my home that couldn't connect to my network, it shows exteremely weak signal for my wlan, I have mac filter in the router, and checked that mac address is added to the filter, encryption configuration is fine, and it was working before a week , it can connect to any other network in other places except mine, I tried to take the laptop to my work and wireless is working so fine.

what could be the problem ?

A:My laptop connect to wireless networks except my network

Can another laptop connect to your wireless router without any problems?
Disable MAC filtering temporary, just for testing
Disable WPA2 encryption on router temporary, just for testing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222880-my-laptop-connect-wireless-networks-except-my-network.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Windows 10 -  HP Notebook model Eo69M3DM. All of a sudden it cant connect to my router for wireless.  Error message "cant connect to this network. Bell Fibe network - reset modem many times, no effect. Did most of the items on the HP troubleshooting list with no effect. Took battery off laptop for 5 minutes. Driving me crazy!!   Making me wonder if I made a mistake buying an HP. Help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-quot-can-t-connect-to-this-network-quot-wireless/td-p/5822751
Relevancy 70.95%

i have a toshiba laptop win xp a netgear router an aol is my internet service provider and it uses a wep key. my laptop connects fine with ethernet cable it finds my network but wont let me connect i type the network key an it starts tring to connect but doesnt then it cant find the network. i have had it connected wireless b4 an the signal strength was always good. i have even managed to connect to someone elses network by guessing the key can any1 help me???

A:laptop wont connect to wireless network

Is wireless enabled on the router?
Did you configure the routers wireless interface for dhcp?
You did disconnect from the wired connection before trying the wireless?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-wireless-network.737256/
Relevancy 70.95%

long story short: my laptop's charger broke, so it has been sitting around for a while now, unused. before it broke, i could connect to the internet, no problem. also before it broke, my mothers desktop computer was the "main computer" or whatever for the wireless network. since then, her computer fried, so she just uses her desktop, and the router still sits at her desk. my moms laptop and dads laptop both connect to the internet, but mine won't. i've tried manually entering the IP/default gateway/etc, nothing works. it sees that the network "taylor" is available, usually above 85% signal strength, but it won't connect.

someone please help me. a friend just moved in with me and always wants to use my computer, so i'd really like to have my laptop up and running so he won't bother me anymore!

A:i'm having trouble getting my laptop to connect to my wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-having-trouble-getting-my-laptop-to-connect-to-my-wireless-network.470095/
Relevancy 70.95%

Here is my setup Home Computer Dell Inspiron -bit Operating System Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz GHz Installed memory RAM GB GB usable Windows Home Premium Service Pack Wired to D-Link Verizon ADSL Router ModelDSL- B The Problem My son recently went on a trip and took my Laptop Specs below He accessed the Internet through his Nokia phone and now that he is back we cannot get it to work in our home It does see the network but I keep getting a message saying that it cannot not connect I tried the steps in the troubleshooting section but to no avail In addition I checked the router settings to make sure the right MAC address was entered I also checked to make sure the laptop Internet button was on Laptop Specs ASUS Notebook U F Series -bit Operating System Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz GHz Installed memory RAM GB GB usable Windows Home Premium Service Pack Wireless Network Adapters as taken from Device Manager Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN MAC Bridge Miniport Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter TSG SysInfo for Home Computer but Solved: Network See's Wireless Laptop Won't Connect Desktop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc XR GT Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled TSG SysInfo for Laptop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc U F Antivirus Trend Micro Internet Security Not Updated Any help would be Solved: Wireless Laptop See's Network but Won't Connect greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

I have a laptop from work that I use at home and I have able to access the internet at home using my secured wireless network. The techs at work had to remove all information on the laptop recently and reload it.

Since the laptop information was relaoded I have been unable to access my secured wireless network using the password, but I can access my neighbors wireless unsecured network. My daughter also uses my wireless network and has had no problems accessing the network.

Can you help me?

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I recently bought a new Gateway Laptop.
http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668261.php

But the problem is I heard from the site I ordered it from (Newegg) I 've seen lots of reviews saying they cant get the wireless card to work for wireless internet.
I have the laptop now and when I try to connect with my router it doesnt work.My friend found a driver for it and it saw and connected no problem.
The next day the internet also works but that evening it doesn't even see it.
I restart a few times and it saw it but it says it can not connect to it.
What could be the cause of this. I'm planning to send this back but I got I deal on it and don't want to give it away.
Any help is appreciated.

A:Gateway Laptop can't connect to wireless Network

Welcome to TSG:
Make and models of modem and router ?
Simple things to try first:
Change the wireless channel being used.1/6/11 in US.
Download any more current firmware for your router(if standalone router)
Reset the router to its default config.Hold the reset button in for at least 15seconds.
And just to set aside concerns about the wireless card,I would do this :

Let’s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. Adapter status should be “working properly and enabled”

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.841740/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I have a old laptop fujitsu Amilo m g running on just newly reinstalled win xp home edition I thought I had successfully installed all relevant drivers including intel R pro wireless abg network connection adaptor I am getting available wireless connections in my area including my neighbours which all require a network key and come up in list security enabled wireless networks WPA this network requires a network key when you double click on to wont Old Network connect Wireless laptop a neighbours network I get the dialogue box asking me for their network key My network doesn t have this dialogue box coming up come up asking for network key Under its name on list it says quot security enabled wireless network quot but no WPA is mentioned on my network When I click on it it says quot if you want to connect to this network click connect quot which I do I Old laptop wont connect to Wireless Network then get quot please wait while windows connects to the TNCAPC F E network - detecting network type quot an error message comes back which reads quot windows is unable to connect to the selected network the network may no longer be in range please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again OK quot I click on ok I have refreshed my network list I am situated near my router I have reset my router My new laptop running win connects fine along with my ipad amp iphone etc to my router so I cannot understand what is happening here I have even tried manually adding the network in and I am still not having any joy I have a CMD and ipcong all for you if it helps Please help as I am demented with all this This old laptop has connected wirelessly before to my network but because I had to reinstall windows xp I am having all these problems In device manager I have a yellow exclamation mark under other devices- modem device on high definition audio bus I don t know if that affects this I would greatly appreciate any help or advice nbsp

A:Old laptop wont connect to Wireless Network

try going into the router and disable the wireless security
now see if the PC will connect to that network ok

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-laptop-wont-connect-to-wireless-network.1113671/