Windows Support Forum

compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Q: compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-m2105-laptop-battery-will-not-charge-flickers-from-ac-battery.81237/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hi, I hope someone can throw some light on my problem. I recently repaired a laptop Presario 1200 (model 1215EA) (Broken screen). The battery had also come to the end of its life. I've purchased a new battery, however every time I try to charge it the battery LED pulses slowly six times, remains solid for about a minute (during which time the battery charges) then it just flashes until I remove the power supply and reinsert it. I've managed to charge the battery by removing & replacing the power supply, however, this took ages... I've updated the bios etc... Any suggestions??

Regards Andy
N.B. I've noticed that once it reaches 89/90% it keeps going and charges the battery fully (100%)...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-battery-charge-problem.259099/
Relevancy 83.39%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 83.39%

Hello I ve been using a Dell inspiron from about years now and exactly after years of my buy the battery failed and it started showing me to battery charge! Bought battery still and dell my doesn't laptop a new replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! I didn t take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in After - months of such usage My battery completely failed and doesn t Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! even offer me even a minute of backup when i remove the power socket Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type After i removed my defected battery I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine its charging well but at some time it says quot Plugged in But not charging quot Which is rare for any new battery which is bought brand new This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup it is providing me a backup but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it Which I think should not be present it also says quot Low battery quot when there s already of battery left I ve also followed some online steps updated by BIOS to the latest nbsp Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc i would love to get this problem solved I m using a PA- family adapter which is also a replaced one So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated THANKS

A:Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..
the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.
so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.
1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.
click "More power options"
2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"
3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.
4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!
5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.
6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values
                   --> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)
                   ---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)
Now once that's done, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE EXCLAMATORY MARK ON YOUR BATTERY!!!!
So I hope this works!
Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19465162
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi Guys,

I have replaced the battery of my laptop after using it on AC supply for about year after my old battery died.

I get this error message.
"The AC power adapter type cannot be determined
Battery may not charge.
This problem might be solved by:
Connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher."

But I am using a 65W Dell Adapter that I got with my laptop.
BTW, I tried the steps for disc AC >> Start>>Uninstall MS ACPI >> Insert battery>> Restart. This process did not yield any favorable results.

Please help!!!
Thanks,
Nitin

A:Replaced battery on laptop, Battery not taking charge.

If you take the battery out and just use the adapter, will the laptop boot up without errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340766-replaced-battery-laptop-battery-not-taking-charge.html
Relevancy 82.46%

HP g - b us Notebook PCHere is the situation LED charge whi... battery charging battery shows and not Laptop and symptoms nbsp Battery not charging Battery icon indicates battery being charged but it sits at Have bought a replacement HP battery and that battery will not charge also it sits at which I assume is the initial charge it came with nbsp Run the HP Support Assistant and both batteries fail the test saying that cell is bad cells to have charge but cell has a reading even in the new battery Is there a problem accessing charging Laptop battery not charging and battery charge LED shows whi... cell When the battery is installed and the AC adaptor is unplugged and the laptop is turned off the battery charge LED shows a white LED red amber indicates that it is charging the battery now the only time the LED goes out is when the battery is physically removed Before the problem began the battery charge LED would be off when the battery was installed and the charger was not being used Now the battery charge LED goes off only when the battery is physically removed What I have tried Cleaned the contacts Bought a new HP battery Tried the complete discharge method of turning the laptop off removing the power cord and battery and holding the power on key for over seconds Have done safe restarts Reset to HP recommended settings Suggestions recommendations

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-battery-not-charging-and-battery-charge-LED-shows/td-p/5806061
Relevancy 81.22%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 106.64%

Hello,

I just bought a refurbished Compaq NC6400 and since it had been on the shelf for over a month, the battery was fully discharged. I put the notebook on charge (almost 5hrs now) and the charging indicator is still in amber (charging). Is this normal? The battery pack is more than warm too.
ps. I've kept the notebook turned off while it's been charging.

Relevancy 104.49%

I have an older SL laptop which has been working very well But recently the battery power was continuing to diminish until recently it stopped holding a charge altogether At this stage the orange battery indicator started to blink continuously at a rapid rate I am still able to power up the laptop with my power cord connected Purchased a new battery to replace the old and assumed light would go to green after charging Unfortunately after several hours connected to the charger the battery light continues its constant orange blinking Went through the process of uninstalling the ACPI file as noted in another post Followed these steps Disconnect AC Shut down Remove battery Connect AC Startup Under the Batteries category right-click SL510 light not flickers battery charging; battery all of Microsoft's ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall note that it is all right if you only have one Shutdown Disconnect AC Insert battery Connect AC Restart your computerAfter completed this process battery light continues to blink rapidly and battery doesn't seem to want to charge or provide any indication that battery is inserted in computer This happens whether I'm using either of the -power adapters I have for this laptop What can I do to SL510 battery not charging; battery light flickers get this fixed nbsp Thank you in advance for any assistence provided

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/SL510-battery-not-charging-battery-light-flickers/td-p/2258787
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi,
When I switch on my laptop today, I got the warning "Warning battery cannot be identified. System cannot charge the battery." If I plugin my adapter, laptop is running on AC power, if I remove the plugin, laptop is turned off. I have downloaded latest BIOS update but still the problem persists.
Details: Dell Inspiron 3521, Windows 10, latest BIOS V14.
Please help!

Thanks,
C.S Harsha

A:Warning battery cannot be identified. System cannot charge the battery.

Is the battery OEM or an aftermarket battery?  How old is the battery? I know of Windows 7 OS having issues with recognizing some batteries and were relatively easy to fix.  I do not know if it carried over to Windows 10.  I will have to look up the article to find any relevance.
Zax

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683083
Relevancy 100.62%

User comes in my office and lost the battery clip. The clip you use to release the battery. When i use a pen to open the clip i can eject the battery and reseat it, but the laptop will not boot from the battery and will not charge the battery. Is there a way to make the laptop know the battery is present without the lock clip? and how does this clip work? I think this notebook can work fine the next couple of years. Or is anybody has a battery clip for the hp probook 6550b, i will be pleased if you can send it to me, i will pay for the stamps ofcourse.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Battery-will-not-charge-after-i-lost-the-battery-lock-clip/td-p/5623707
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi, ..... I am new here, please bear with me.  My battery stopped charging, so tried new lead, didnt work, tried new battery, didnt work... did the take the battery out disconnect AC, hold button down for 30secs trick.... didnt work....   LED lights were both white to begin with but after re- booting  I now have a solid orange battery  light. Laptop doesnt start if I take the battery out and just use AC, but I read somewhere that some Lenovos do that..... so .... any ideas as to what might be going on? I have read a lot of posts about possible solutions but no luck, so here I am, thanks in advance Elaine

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-battery-wont-charge-new-battery-new-lead-done-button-press/td-p/3377526
Relevancy 98.47%

I have a Vaio VGN-NR120E, it's about 3 years old and it's been a while since the new battery started to die (it lasts about 15 minutes when working on just battery). I got a new battery just yesterday, and it was working OK, but when I went to plug the computer to the AC for charging, it reads "plugged in, not charging". I've been looking around the web and see a lot of people have the same problem, but their solutions haven't worked for me. I've tried uninstalling/installing the ACPI compliant control battery thing, shuting down my laptop and taking battery out/in in many different combos, but nothing's working.

When I put the old battery in (which still charges, but as I said only lasts about 15 minutes), it charges normally.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

Relevancy 98.47%

Hi guys!
i recently purchased an used NC4400 laptop for work....

i chose that model because i have several years working with it and is one of the most rock solid laptops i ever have tried...

but this time i think the seller sold me a defective one...

the seller sold me this one without battery and without charger, its ok for the price (70bucks) i already have couple of those batteries around there and some chargers...

when i receive it, i plug it to the ac and after 20 minutes notice the laptop don?t charge the battery, i tried another battery and the same, i decide to try the battery in another nc4400 i have and it charge it fine.... so is not the battery, and is not the power adapter...

i checked the BIOS and it is exactly configured like the others nc4400 i have here.

what is wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

A:Laptop won't charge the battery

Well it sure sounds like the issue is with the laptops charger and that's not a good thing, but the laptop runs fine off the ac adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320192-laptop-wont-charge-battery.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Please help. My Hp Pavilion Dv7 windows 7 64 bit, will only charge my battery when my computer is either off or in hibernation mode. When computer is running battery reads plugged in, not charging.

A:Laptop battery will only charge when off.

It may not need charging ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-will-only-charge-when-off.965183/
Relevancy 98.47%

Funny thing, first it won't see my primary battery (which is probably normal, the dumb thing only held 5 minutes anyway, it most likely died), second it will not charge my select bay battery (which holds 3.5 hours of charge) if the laptop is off, it only charges it when it's on. If I have it plugged in when it's off to try and charge it the Power LED is green and blinking and the Select Bay Battery LED is amber and blinking and no charging happens. I tried removing the primary battery to see if it was causing this and it still did the same thing...anyone know what causes this? It's a Tecra 8100, PIII 750, 512mb ram, Windows 2000 SP4. I checked the manual, it's says nothing about the power light flashing green and nothing about the battery light flashing amber. Thanks for anything guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-wont-charge-when-laptop-is-off.549547/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi all I apologize as Laptop Battery Not Charge Will I m Laptop Battery Will Not Charge sure there are quite a few similar posts but I haven t had success with some of the standard remedies so I figured I would start a new Laptop Battery Will Not Charge post Computer Asus laptop running windows Problem Laptop powers on and runs fine Laptop Battery Will Not Charge but the battery will not charge When I initially boot up the battery icon looks like it is charging but then stops At any time when hovering over the battery icon it says plugged in charging but it never charges It is currently at Things I have tried I have tried a different charger I have tried to uninstall the windows acpi drivers I have tried to uninstall asus branded battery drivers I have tried rebooting shutting down and pulling the battery and hot swapping the battery Details and things leading up to this My battery has been functioning fine and has been holding a charge nicely it is about years old I recently had my laptop power off unexpectedly a couple times probably due to heat which led to me to not being able to power it on at all I disconnected the battery and power cord held the power button down to discharge it and then it powered back on just fine In the process of tinkering around I accidentally wiggled the RAM chip loose which caused the laptop to not boot up but that was resolved by getting the ram chip back into place probably irrelevant but i figured i would call it out Any ideas I feel like it is a software or driver issue since I ve been experiencing pretty decent battery performance up until it just altogether stopped charging On some of the things I have tried is there specific order I should do things in Thank you so much for the assistance nbsp

A:Laptop Battery Will Not Charge

The battery might have become corroded/damaged, but it could also be the battery bay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-will-not-charge.1128670/
Relevancy 98.47%

I have a Dell Inspiron E Laptop Just yesterday Battery Laptop Will Charge Not I was Laptop Battery Will Not Charge using it on battery which was at full charge when I took it off AC Power About a month ago I had the battery replaced because my old one Laptop Battery Will Not Charge provided me with a charge lasting only minutes and for a college student it is not easy to drag around the power adapter everywhere I go It has been running fine until today From what I can tell the light that goes on when the battery is charging does not come on when the computer is on but when it s off it comes on Everything I ve checked says my laptop battery is quot performing normally quot and what not I highly doubt It s the outlet that I am using as I Laptop Battery Will Not Charge ve been using it for days with no problem The last thing I have to check is my power pack but I don t just have another one lying around Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop Battery Will Not Charge

About a month ago, I had the battery replacedClick to expand...

If the battery is under warranty, have it replaced
Did it come from Dell? or elsewhere

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-battery-will-not-charge.116520/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello I have an Acer won't Charge Battery Laptop Aspire - and the battery will not charge no matter what I try If I plug the charger in without the Laptop Battery won't Charge battery inserted the laptop will run perfectly fine But as the battery will not charge and is now dead if I insert the battery with the AC adapter plugged in the laptop will power on for a few seconds then will just die I have tried replacing the battery the issue persists I know that the AC adapter works because the laptop will run solely off of it and it will charge the battery of another laptop perfectly fine I ve tried reinstalling the BIOS with the latest version and holding the power button to release excess power Nothing seems to fix it Do you think this could be a motherboard problem I have removed the keyboard and shell and there seems to be a cable in front of the DC power jack which says quot TO I O quot Could it be an issue with that cable I m all ears so if any of you has a suggestion that might work that would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 98.47%

I hope this is ok to post here.

I have had this problem for a while now, my laptop hasnt been charging very well if at all, but luckily my mum has the same laptop so I used her charger for a while which seemed to work. But now it won't charge on either and my laptop went completely dead last night.

But today I tried switching the battery from mine and my mums laptop, and that worked fine. My battery charged in her laptop, and her battery worked fine in mine. But when I switch them back, I can no longer charge it.

What could be the problem here?

A:Laptop battery won't charge?

Do you still have the warranty? If so I would recommend to leave it for service. And yes, this is hardware related, it has nothing to do with Windows.

There is a laptop support here:
Laptop Support - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-battery-wont-charge-640097.html
Relevancy 98.47%

My daughter has a Dell Inspiron 600m (so do I) and it won't recharge her battery. We keep swapping her battery and mine so that my laptop can recharge her battery. Any idea what I need to look at or why?

Relevancy 98.47%

Hi,
I recently bought a new battery for my laptop Inspiron-15 N5010. But the battery stops to charge after about 89% and in the notification i see that it says "89%available(plugged in, not charging)" . What could be the possible reasons?? I set the settings in POWER OPTIONS to default also.
PS: I bought original battery only with original dell seal and packet. But I bought it in Snapdeal online E-commerce site.

A:My new laptop battery does not charge after 89%

Does the system correctly identify the AC adapter (F2 at powerup to check) or does the adapter show "unknown"?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995143
Relevancy 98.47%

Not sure if this is a Vista thing or a Dell thing but the computer (Insperon 1545) will not charge the battery when plugged into the pwr adapter. When booting there is a message that says the wrong adapter is attached and to use the correct one. Also in the tray when I mouse over the battery icon it says "Plugged in, not charging". I have tried a second pwr cord without success. I have read forums suggesting that Dell uses a 3 wire cord and that the middle pin is there to tell the computer what adapter is attached. The computer runs fine when plugged in to the adapter it just will not share with the battery. I am trying to make the computer ignore the "incompatibility" and allow the battery to charge. Any suggestions?

A:Laptop will not charge battery

Hello This should be able to help you =] http://en.community.dell.com/support-forum...5/19532416.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341285/laptop-will-not-charge-battery/
Relevancy 97.61%

My laptop seems to be completely out of charge, and the only way to use it is to plug it in. If it becomes unplugged, then it immediately shuts off. I am running Windows 8 Pro on a Samsung Series 9 Notebook (P900X3B). It is not a fresh installation of Windows, it was updated from Windows 7.
The battery indicator in Windows 8 states that the battery is at full charge, but it really isn't. I can't remove the battery because it is built into the laptop. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks, HB

A:Laptop battery always at 100%, doesn't charge at all

Hi -

Samsung does make some sacrifices in order to keep the Series 9 so thin and light. The battery, memory, and solid state disk are not user replaceable.
They’re sealed up inside the laptop case, and while you might be able to remove some components and replace them by performing minor surgery on the notebook, you’ll probably void your warranty in the process.

About all I can find .........................

See Series 8 >> Samsung ATIV Book 8 Review and scroll down to Battery life -

Is this yours ?? Or do you mean the Series 9 ??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547202/laptop-battery-always-at-100-doesnt-charge-at-all/
Relevancy 97.61%

I am running windows 8 pro wmc on my HP laptop. One month ago I have bought a new battery. From last one week, when I start my laptop it shows that "plugged it, not charging". When I shut down down, it started charging the battery. After a full charge, my laptop performs good and battery worked for almost more than 2 hours.

Please help me. Whats the issue with my laptop. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:My laptop doesn't charge battery when it is on!!!

Maybe you need to Calibrate the laptop to the new battery: Calibrate Laptop Battery

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30246-my-laptop-doesnt-charge-battery-when.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi there,
My laptop battery wasn't holding charge and a box popped up asking me to keep the batteries maximum charge to 80%.
I have since replaced the battery but my laptop only charges the new one to 80%. I have tried the power options and the advanced power options but i cant figure out how to set it to charge back to 100%.
Any help would be much appreciated,
Cheers
Russ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-charge-problem.984250/
Relevancy 97.61%

I recently installed a new laptop battery. I drained it and recharged it. Now it no longer will charge to 100%. Usually in the 90's but never fully charge. The charge light never goes off like its suppose to do. Any ideas on what I can do or might not be doing greatly appreciated. This is the second new battery within a couple of months.

Relevancy 97.61%

I was recently given a Dell Inspiron laptop to troubleshoot The machine would not charge its battery Since the machine was charge Solved: battery won't new Laptop a couple of years old I d assumed that the battery was at the end of its useful life and bought a replacement The new battery charged up with no apparent problem and I Solved: Laptop won't charge new battery thought the issue was solved But now I ve heard back from the owner and the original problem has come back Evidently the first discharge cycle was OK but then the machine refused to recharge the battery again If you hover the mouse over the power management icon in the tray area a message is displayed quot available not charging quot And if you attempt to run the machine on the battery it very quickly dies so the battery is truly not getting recharged to any significant degree This is the same behavior that I thought I d fixed by getting a replacement battery The owner also tells me that she has seen some sort of pop-up warning related to the battery or charging functions but her description is very vague and I don t really have any idea how to reproduce the warning whatever it was So now I m thinking that the battery management circuitry is defective My immediate question is whether the charge management function is built into the battery itself or if it is part of the system motherboard The machine is running Vista SP nbsp

Relevancy 97.61%

I charge this one, and it says 100%. then 1.5 to 2 hours later it's 10%. Then I get home, plug it in, and in 5 minutes it's saying 44%. it's been plugged in 15 minutes or so, and it's 100% again? that don't seem possible.

something seems strange to me, not right. I've never owned a laptop before so is this normal? I do know this PC is 5 years old and was always plugged in. it's never been used unplugged before now.

I have a compaq C700 notebook.

thanks for any help.

A:how long should a charge last on a laptop battery?

I would drain the battery completely and then recharge it. The time between charges depends on the device and what you're doing. If you're doing stuff like video encoding or other cpu\gpu intensive things, the battery will get used up faster.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295702-how-long-should-charge-last-laptop-battery.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi,
I am using a HP Laptop, 6314tx. It has been 1 year and 9 months since I am using it. In the past couple of months, I have experienced a battery problem. My laptop battery doesn't charge more than 33%. It was 67% first, then came down to 43% and now 32%. Sometimes, it shows '100% available (plugged in, charging).' But, when I click on the battery icon, it again shows as '32% available (plugged in, charging).'

Is there any solution to this?

A:Laptop Battery Wont Charge

Hello Mrigankp,

You might use this HP battery test to see what the health of your battery is. It may be time to get a new battery or charger. You can read more about this test here.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/221235-laptop-battery-wont-charge.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi
my windows xp hp pavilion entertainment pc is turned off and won't charge, I think it might be the plug but I'm not sure...
It's so annoying cos I can't do anything until I get some advise...
Can anyone help me?!?!?
Thanks...

A:My laptop is turned off with no battery and won't charge

Your laptop isn't going to "charge" with out a battery installed, because there is no battery in it to charge. Do you mean, it doesn't power up without the battery installed but the power adapter attached? Then you may have a bad power supply and or DC adapter on the laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-laptop-is-turned-off-with-no-battery-and-wont-charge-402271.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I have a Toshiba Laptop and the laptop will not charge the battery, in the power window the battery meter reads 100%, but when I unplug the laptop it shuts off imediatley. The battery and power supply (cord) is new only 3 months old. Any ideas!

Relevancy 97.61%

Hey, im using an acer aspire. I think I dropped the laptop twice yesterday by mistake when it slid off the bed whilst I wasn't looking.

The charge light comes on, but it doesn't charge. I really need help, and im not experienced with computers. My charger connects to a small hole on the right hand side of the laptop.

Acer 3680
Model number : ZR1
I really really need help, this is the 3rd time my laptops failed me. My dad bought it and he'll be dissapointed in me a lot and i'll have to go through a hard time if he finds out again that I messed it up. =[

-Thanks in advance, Shafski

A:Laptop Battery wont Charge.

Oh yeh, and when i try connecting the charge to the thing where it charges it, and then take it out after a while, it has some weird smell... like a fuse lol.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-wont-charge.694858/
Relevancy 97.61%

Getting a new laptop tomorrow and I was wondering how long a should charge it for before switching it on. I read online that you only need to charge it until its full but I have heard you should charge it like you would with a new phone, about 8 hours or so. So which is it and would it be bad for my battery if I did charge it for 8 hours straight?  The laptop battery is buy from the : www.laptopkeyboardsworld.com                       

A:How long to charge laptop battery on first use?

Hi, Please read the following Qs and As:   http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-long-to-charge-laptop-battery-on-first-use/td-p/1837137
Relevancy 97.61%

I bought this HP laptop not so long ago, and just recently it has stopped being capable of operating on battery power. In addition, it is constantly charging the battery, but the battery charge meter does not rise. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it myself, or will I simply have to part from the laptop for a few weeks/months to send it back to the manufacturer?

Relevancy 97.61%

Hi We have an ASUS K Jr purchased in April last year At the start of this year the hard drive packed it in while I was trying to download something on ITunes and it would not start up again We were moving and so didn't get around to taking it in for a couple of months Anyway a couple of weeks ago we went it in to ASUS and the hard drive was replaced under warranty -year warranty battery won't laptop Asus charge The laptop is Asus laptop battery won't charge working fine now on AC power but the battery will not charge I've tried Asus laptop battery won't charge shutting it down taking the battery out restarting it and putting the battery in while it's on but no dice I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the power management driver from quot Device Manager quot It was saying quot plugged in charging quot on the battery icon but the quot power bar quot on the icon would stop moving within a few seconds of putting the battery back in and the power level would stay at Yesterday it started saying quot plugged in not charging quot Is this because the battery was left in the laptop while it wasn't working Is it just coincidental that the problem started after the hard drive was replaced I am not against getting a new battery but I don't want to fork out for that and then find out the battery wasn't the problem Is there something else we should try

A:Asus laptop battery won't charge

You can likely take the battery to a service center to have it checked, or find someone with a laptop that uses the same battery to see if yours will charge. Of course, it never hurts to have an extra battery around.

Incidentally, I think it a good practice to somehow 'mark' those removable components to ensure that no monkey business has taken place with the servicer. Most are reputable, but as in all occupations, there are those who are willing to excercise immoral practices.

Also of possible help, I haven't checked any of these links, but you should find some useful info:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...s-battery.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=how+t...x=&startPage=1

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/164757-asus-laptop-battery-wont-charge.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Greetings--- I am a novice at fixing problems. When my Dell INSPIRON 8600 LAPTOP boots up it starts with this message " The Ac Power Adapter type cannot be determined. This will prevent optimal system performance" It then gives me 3 choices F1 continue boot -- F2 utility setup -- F3 ignore message in the future.

The laptop will not run unless plugged into charger as the battery is less than 7% charged and I receive a warning about the same.

THE BATTERY WILL NOT CHARGE UP BECAUSE????????

I have had this laptop for 4 years and have had 0 problems til now.

Does anyone have an idea on what to do now?? Laptops are portable but I have to stay tethered to the cord to use. THANK YOU scoop2.2

Relevancy 97.61%

Hi, I'm new to the forum, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I haven't used my laptop for a while as I'm home for the summer from University and have been using the home computer. I turned my laptop on for the first time in a couple of weeks today and for some reason I can't get it to charge.

The battery light is staying green all the time despite there being 0% battery available. The laptop (on Vista home premium) works fine when plugged in but as soon as I removed the cable or turn the plug off the laptop just goes off.

This hasn't happened before and I'm baffled. Can anyone help? Much appreciated,

Sean.

A:Help needed - laptop battery will not charge

Sounds like the battery is dead and needs to be replaced. You say you haven't used it for a while so it's possible that the battery has completely discharged and may not be capable of recharging.

This is just my opinion as I have no knowledge of laptops or their batteries so if you want to wait for one of the experts to help feel free

Nearly forgot welcome to the forum hope you enjoy being here

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240563-help-needed-laptop-battery-will-not-charge.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I have an Alienware 14, and recently it refuses to charge past 45%. I'm aware it may be an issue with the battery, but the thing is that it used to do this a while back, with 53%. and then one day, it just fixed itself and i've been fine at 100% for months, until yesterday when it just went down to 45% (as i';m looking at it now, it says "46% available (plugged in, not charging) does anyone know what might be the reason? I've tried updating the BIOS, i've uninstalled and reinstalled the Compliant battery thing in device manager, and i'm still unsure what could be the issue here.

A:Laptop battery wont charge past 45%

Hi JOVVVVV,
Are you using the original Dell OEM adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible?
Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point. Check the battery health in BIOS (if applicable).
Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983979
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi all nbsp I have recently updated my nbsp HP ENVY TouchSmart -j ea Notebook PC from Windows to Windows and updated the BIOS of the Laptop nbsp Now the Battery is refusing to Charge nbsp I have tried uninstalling the drivers whilst the battery is connected and not connected but the Battery still will not charge nbsp It is coming will not and Laptop Charge Now Updated Recently the Battery up with the Primary Battery - Replace but unsure whether this is due to recently Upgrading to Windows or the BIOS or just coincidental as its a three-year-old Laptop nbsp I have looked into replacement batteries but I am unable to find the correct battery On the Battery it has the below information which I can not find on the HP Website nbsp Recently Updated Laptop and Now the Battery will not Charge PI Notebook BatteryReplace with HP Spare - CT DGAQC RY B AO Mfg date nbsp Has anyone else had this issue Is there a new battery to replace nbsp - Does anyone know any reputable companies that sell Notebook Batteries in the UK nbsp Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recently-Updated-Laptop-and-Now-the-Battery-will-not-Charge/td-p/5742200
Relevancy 96.32%

I have a dell Inspiron 8200 XP Home ed. , it runs great on the power supply ac. I put a new battery in and then it runs off the battery and not the ac , the battery isnt charging either.Is there something i need to change? I checked hardware settings , nothing about making it stay on ac power.

Relevancy 96.32%

I acquired a used HP Compaq w laptop a few months ago I recently noticed that the battery charge light doesn t come on I didn t notice this initially because I set it up as a desktop with exterior monitors and never unplugged it from the dock I wanted to use it in my bedroom last night so I became aware of HP coming light off battery/charge won't run on not Laptop the issue then I ran a check on the battery and it tested good The software shows charge is but when I unplug the laptop from the docking station it will not run HP Laptop won't run off battery/charge light not coming on off battery I tested the battery with HP HP Laptop won't run off battery/charge light not coming on Battery Check and it tested good I tried the HP Laptop won't run off battery/charge light not coming on following solution I found on HP forums shut down pull battery hold power for seconds plug into AC power back up re-insert battery Didn t Work I tried an uninstall of the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver with no change at reboot I also tried using a different battery that I know to be discharged and the software shows it at so it s not my software incorrectly reading a full battery The charge indicator did not come on for either battery I put in Laptop runs fine off AC power plug Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA Quadro FX M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus Sophos Anti-Virus Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:HP Laptop won't run off battery/charge light not coming on

Hi kannmoore and welcome to TSG.

It looks like there's a problem inside the laptop. To check try charging a known working battery overnight.

If the above doesn't work can you power the laptop directly without using the Docking Station ? If you can try that as well to see if it makes any difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-wont-run-off-battery-charge-light-not-coming-on.1110902/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi Yesterday I was using my laptop when I noticed the battery was going down It seemed to be an adapter issue because there are two lights on the laptop nbsp Light A Connection light signalling that the power cord is connected Light B Charge light signalling that the battery is charging nbsp Both lights were off nbsp nbsp At my school we have the same adapters computer battery won't on. charge when Laptop turned is for little Netbook computers I borrowed one of these chargers with the consent of the school Techs nbsp nbsp When I plugged the new charger in my laptop was off Both Light A and B were on I tried turning on my computer but it wouldn't I disconnected the adapter and battery and held down the power button for a minute I plugged in my charger but it still wouldn't Laptop battery won't charge when computer is turned on. turn on I plugged in my Battery as well and noticed Light B turned on The battery was charging I unplugged the Adapter and attempted to turn on my laptop It worked Both Lights were off the Battery was in and it worked nbsp nbsp However when I plug the adapter back in Light A turns on and Light B doesn't When it plugs in the battery symbol changes to charging symbol but only for a few seconds It then returns to the normal battery symbol When it shows the plugged in symbol it says 'Plugged in not charging' nbsp nbsp When I shut it down or have it in sleep mode - the operating system is not running both Light A and B turn on with the Adapter and Battery plugged in When it turns on the battery has clearly increased in charge nbsp nbsp Can someone please help me I can not run it for more than hours at a time - and that's after charging for hour nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Laptop battery won't charge when computer is turned on.

Sounds like the charging board is bad inside the PC.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Laptop-battery-won-t-charge-when-computer-is-turned-on/td-p/386481
Relevancy 96.32%

I have a Asus K53SV laptop. I have replaced the battery and the charger. While the laptop will run on AC power it will not charge the battery. It says plugged in not charging. If I restart the laptop I get an error screen that says the charger is not recognized. Is there a solution to this? I know there is an identification pin in the plug end of the charger and it is still there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-wont-charge-battery.1103210/
Relevancy 96.32%

few days ago my AC charger pin demage then i repaired my charger now laptop working  on AC charger but charge the battery  

A:laptop work on AC charger but not run nd charge the battery

@khwaja107207? Did the pin get damaged???  REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-work-on-AC-charger-but-not-run-nd-charge-the-battery/td-p/5720539
Relevancy 96.32%

My battery will not charge.  The laptop will only turn on if it is plugged in with the charger.  Does this mean that I need a new battery?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Battery-will-not-charge-Laptop-only-turns-on-with-charger/td-p/5808227
Relevancy 96.32%

Toshiba Satellite P-105-S6084 Laptop won't fully charge original or new battery, won't run on battery only...

A:Laptop won't operate on battery only, fully charge

So it runs ok when the charger is connected ? With the battery in or out ?

Try a different charger if you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-operate-on-battery-only-fully-charge.1078696/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi all,
I have recently purchased a D430 laptop that comes with Vista. I found that there is no way I can set the charging scheme (i.e. charge only when battery power falls to xx%, etc that I found in my old IBM one). I don't want it to cycle at high percentages as it would degrade the battery fast. Removing the battery is not a good solution - it seems this model is designed to have the battery attached all the time.
Any suggestions?

A:Dell laptop battery charge settings?

Have you tried using another battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-battery-charge-settings.91774/
Relevancy 96.32%

SOLVED - SEE SOLUTION 2 REPLIES DOWN

Howdy.

Symptoms: Dell Laptop (about 1 year old) only turns on when charger is plugged in. The second the charger is pulled out, the laptop shuts off. The laptop does not seem to charge as it doesn't even recognize a charger as being plugged in. I'd really hate to spend $150 for a new battery/installation already. It has been doing this for 1 day, since coming back from Vegas where I took the laptop with me.
Is there are fixes to this?

A:Solved: Does My Laptop Need a New Battery?? It doesn't seem to charge

Depending what type of battery, they can be pretty short-lived. If NiCad, they die fairly quickly if recharged when they are not completely dead. They need to be "cycled" and die before being recharged or they "remember" the point they are at when charged as being their new minimum and will not hold much charge.

Lithium batteries and NiMH should last a long time.

Check with Compaq for a battery calibration utility for your machine. It may be that simple. But if the battery still doesn't work right, it probably needs replacement. The chargers are almost never the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-does-my-laptop-need-a-new-battery-it-doesnt-seem-to-charge.793354/
Relevancy 96.32%

With the Charger plugged in, laptop works fine but battery is not charging. Replaced the battery and same problem. any ideas as to what else it coud be?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-ENVY-laptop-won-t-charge-just-replaced-the-battery-and/td-p/5822358
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi, I've had this Elitebook 8570w for about 3 months now, and have taken almost perfect care of it (and the battery), but the battery is acting up. This problem just started today. The battery charge shown isn't correct. It says it's, say, 70%, but shuts down because the battery is too low.  When I plug it in and turn in back on, it displays the correct percentage, but as soon as I unplug it the percentage starts showing incorrectly again. I've tried reinstalling the driver, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Right it says it's at 79% but I know it should only be at about 20-40%. Any help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Battery-Not-Showing-Correct-Charge/td-p/5830047
Relevancy 96.32%

Hey everyone new to the forum, name is James.

So basicly my laptop battery stopped holding a charge and is not be read as connected.
This happened because I was working to fix a physical issue and had removed the battery and put it back in multiple times while my charge cord/ power core was connected.

Hense I can't use my laptop without it being plugged in anymore, so I was wondrring if this is fixable if so what would something like that run me?

A:Laptop battery charge, and connection question

The cost of a new battery will depend on what make & model laptop you have because the price varies by manufacture. First i would try cleaning the connectors between the battery & the laptop because some dirt may have gotten in there & could be interfering with the battery's operation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-charge-and-connection-question.1141316/
Relevancy 96.32%

I have an HP DV T series notebook that is starting to irritate me I run Ubuntu on it and was for minutes will only it, charge it just laptop My reseat I then ~20 goes if battery on for the longest time I finnally made the upgrade to and that is when the symptoms started My battery will charge but only for about minutes then my laptop ignores the My laptop battery will only charge for ~20 minutes if I reseat it, then it just goes fact that the charge is in In order for it to start charging again I have to turn it off reseat the battery and it starts charging again The light next to the charging port is lit up but the battery indicator light on the front does not light up indicating a charge nor does the battery charger in Ubuntu The battery still has a healthy life prior to this happening days ago it worked just fine It will also run just fine on AC power if I take out the battery Because this started happening with the Ubuntu update I backed everything up and switched to Fedora hoping it would solve my issue Unfortunatly that is not the case I have tried reseating the RAM taking out the CMOS for a couple minutes Has anyone every seen this before or have any ideas nbsp

A:My laptop battery will only charge for ~20 minutes if I reseat it, then it just goes

Have you considered going back to Ubuntu 12.04 ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-battery-will-only-charge-for-20-minutes-if-i-reseat-it-then-it-just-goes.1086191/
Relevancy 96.32%

hi charge does battery laptop Cheap not fully guys Cheap laptop battery does not fully charge I recently purchased a mah v battery from Ebay for my toshiba m -s laptop to replace the v original battery Instead I got a mah V battery unsurprisingly the front LED charging light Cheap laptop battery does not fully charge never goes green and the charging meter win xp goes up to but stays on quot charging quot without changing to quot on ac power quot like with my older battery Either the battery is f ked or more likely - the laptop is not designed to give sufficient voltage for this battery Here s my question though I can deal with the battery icon not changing as long as I know for sure that it doesn t draw more current than a battery that reports quot I m full quot I m about to start traveling with the laptop and I need a long lasting battery that will spare my vehicle s battery as much as possible I think that when this battery goes to the closest it s going to get to be fully charged the computer power circuit is not able to charge the battery anymore and thus there is no loss and the laptop will actually draw just the power that it needs to keep running also I get about - hours of run time from a supposedly mah battery sound a bit too short no I just can t recall what I used to get from the original mah or so battery I m no good when it comes to electricity so your help is appreciated thanks Shawn nbsp

A:Cheap laptop battery does not fully charge

The "Cheap" laptop battery may not be compatible with the Toshiba laptop, but if you can get over 2.5 hours of runtime on it, be happy. I don't think the battery will damage the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-laptop-battery-does-not-fully-charge.144231/
Relevancy 95.89%

What can I do if my battery won't hold a charge or simply won't charge?

Thanks
Bill

A:Battery won't Charge or Battery won't Hold a Charge

Best thing to do is to first understand some of our battery technology - check out this document: HP Notebook PCs - Understanding Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technologyhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784  Then to test your battery follow the instructions in this document: HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-won-t-Charge-or-Battery-won-t-Hold-a-Charge/td-p/5698104
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi, Error message is '(25% available, plugged in, not charging)'Have already tried the following:- Battery unistall/re-install- Removal of battery whilst power cable and laptop is booted and reinsert (numerous times!!) Charges for only 2-3 seconds then back to the error message again Laptop dies completely when power cable is removed or when laptop screen is closed down. I am reluctant to buy a  new battery in case it does not resolve the issue.  Computer is not that old and was rarely used until only recently. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Battery-will-not-charge-laptop-dies-when-power-disconnected/td-p/5690995
Relevancy 95.46%

Im having an issue charging my laptop battery battery adapter turns wont ... charge Laptop with on but AC the i have tried a the fix where you uninstall the drivers from the device manager and nbsp shut Laptop turns on with AC adapter but wont charge the battery ... down the computer and boot back up but it wont do anything nbsp The computer will turn on with the AC adapter connected and the battery out Computer will turn on with the Battery in and the AC adapter disconnected Computer will turn on with the battery in nbsp If the computer is turned off with the battery in and i plug in the AC adapter nothing happens it would not charge it Laptop turns on with AC adapter but wont charge the battery ... If the computer is off without the battery and I plug in the AC adapter the power light with the little lightning bolt will flash once and Laptop turns on with AC adapter but wont charge the battery ... it would allow me to turn on the computer nbsp So i dont know exactly whats going on nbsp I tried to turn on the computer with the AC adapter only and windows shows it recognizes its connected but if i plug in the battery it would automatically change from saying that is connected to disconnected and stars running with the battery juice only even when the AC is still connected nbsp Some how i feel like the battery overrides the AC adapter and i dont know what to do nbsp Please help nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-turns-on-with-AC-adapter-but-wont-charge-the-battery/td-p/5819942
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello Thanks for visiting this thread and any advice you have The Laptop this is in regards to is a TOSHIBA A -S not the C of my specs I'm finishing a few upgrades on this older backup of mine replaced screen RAM upgrade clean up and the battery was in need of replacement So I purchased a new replacement on Ebay I know right and it is working ok but there has been a few red flags There was a brief episode with battery level and charge status but I seemed to correct it by following some instructions on other threads here It's now stable and HOWEVER it reports it has wear level and will only charge to using of it's capacity I've uninstalled and then scanned for hardware changes the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver this seemed to straighten out battery level charge status flags Checked and made small recommended changes to power saving option critical level etc Drained it completely and recharged fully Help 25% new but Installed charge, level? 100% wear Laptop battery, per instructions Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or advice as to why a new battery would be limited to capacity and be fully charged Here are screenshots

A:Installed new Laptop battery, 100% charge, but 25% wear level? Help

Did you calibrate the battery as described in this article:
How to Calibrate Your Laptop
(Scroll down to "How to Manually Calibrate a Battery")

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367037-installed-new-laptop-battery-100-charge-but-25-wear-level-help.html
Relevancy 95.46%
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi Friends,
Notebook Gateway Solo 3350 have problem not work on baterry.
When I plug in Adaptor, Notebook works ok, but not charge battery. I think battery fault and replace new one with full power, and check again but not work with battery. Maybe problem on motherboard.
Please help me to repair this trouble.
Thanks All.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-wont-charge-gateway-solo-3350.593911/
Relevancy 95.46%

Asus u jc-a laptop My laptop charger cable is in pretty bad shape You see the Battery Doesn't Laptop Charge, Problem? Charger or wiring broken in the wires on the top part thus you see the grey wiring inside When i charge my laptop recently the charger Laptop Doesn't Charge, Charger or Battery Problem? would go on and off Such as charging then not charging I then took a look and the green light on the laptop charger is green then dims then green again over and over again So the only way i can fix this issue is unplug the other part of the charger theres parts then put it back together over and over Laptop Doesn't Charge, Charger or Battery Problem? again then connect it to my laptop Many times it has same issue However few times i would get it to work and thus it would be charging However few times it would have same issue where problem arises again But few times however if i make sure i dont move any part of the laptop charger cable then it would always be charging which is good and thus working So i figure it has to be my laptop charger as you see its broken the wiring part and its mainly at the top of the wiring near the place where you plug it into laptop Well i then read online that it might be the battery So I then took out the battery and just connected my charger to my laptop without the battery Obviously it shows no battery detected however the laptop doesn't have an issue with the power going out Thus it shows green light all the time on the charger Does this mean i have to get a new battery as oppose to a charger First thought was charger is bad since the broken wiring in certain places and thus its in not so good condition but it has zero problems with power when battery is taken out and im plugged in Im going to most likely get another charger as this one is pretty bad condition but curious if the battery might be the issue

A:Laptop Doesn't Charge, Charger or Battery Problem?

The charger also provides AC power so doubtful that's the problem. It could be the battery or the charging circuit on the motherboard. Former is usually less than $100 to replace but the latter is much more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348617-laptop-doesnt-charge-charger-battery-problem.html
Relevancy 95.46%

my battery show that it good and shows a 90% charge  but will not power the laptop or charge  it says plug in not charging if i pull the power cord out it shuts off

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/battery-still-good-but-wond-charge-or-power-laptop/td-p/5640791
Relevancy 95.46%

My Toshiba P755-S5198 battery loses charge even when the computer is shut down (not sleep, not hibernation -- powered off by clicking "Shut down" at the Start button). The rate at which it discharges is alarming -- 15-20% per day. I've checked the BIOS to see if by chance something was enabled that would drain it, but nothing is. It's only just over a year old and has always done this.

What's draining the battery?

Relevancy 95.46%

I own an Alienware Sentia m3200. Before recently, the battery held a charge for about 4 hours of use. Now it rarely hits even 30 minutes. I think that it must have gone bad, and am prepared to buy a new one, but...

Is there any chance that this could be any other thing? Any at all? Because I sure can't go spending this money for nothing.

Thank you very much to all who can help me out.

A:Sentia m3200 laptop battery 30 minute charge

the runtime of a laptop is directly affected by the useage, and of course power settings in windows. assuming the lappy now runs for 30 mins under the same circumstances as it previously did for 4 hrs, the battery is indeed at fault.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sentia-m3200-laptop-battery-30-minute-charge.56351/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello, I've only had the Acer Aspire One D250 laptop for less than a year, and the battery already started to fail. For some reason, it never charges up to 100% and after leaving it charging, the white light starts blinking
Akku Acer Aspire One D250,Adapter Acer Aspire One D250

A:my Laptop battery Acer Aspire One D250 won't charge to 100

What's the max charge it will hold? Also, what does this white blinking light mean exactly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242806-my-laptop-battery-acer-aspire-one-d250-wont-charge-100-a.html
Relevancy 93.31%
A:Samsung Q430 laptop wont hold charge. Is it charger or battery

It is highly possible it's the battery.

How old is the laptop?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/samsung-q430-laptop-wont-hold-charge-is-it-charger-or-battery.55755/
Relevancy 92.45%

I ve got a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT P laptop that I just recently got a new battery for The old battery had reached the off is Laptop Laptop Charge Battery Doesn't if end of its life only lasting for about - minutes if I was lucky Anyway I got a new battery but Laptop Battery Doesn't Charge if Laptop is off it was not the original Sony battery it was a comparable one of a different brand for less then half of the price of the Sony When charged it lasts a good hours no problem but doesn t seem to charge when the laptop is off Yesterday I turned it on it said it had remainng I charged it for about minutes and then it read Upon unplugging it it again read but with another minutes plugged it it went up to and stayed there when unplugged I should also note that I ve reformatted the computer so it only has Sony drivers that the device manager said I lacked Was the lower priced battery too good to be true or is there an easy fix to this problem Appreciate the help in advance Zach nbsp

A:Laptop Battery Doesn't Charge if Laptop is off

a bios update is often needed when using a different battery than what the laptop was designed to use, and since you bought a generic battery, i highly doubt that Sony will provide support of any kind for it.

Check Ebay for actual Sony brand batteries (not another generic), you can get them on Ebay for 1/2 (or less) the price that you would pay in a store or from Sony

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-battery-doesnt-charge-if-laptop-is-off.43551/
Relevancy 92.02%

Warning:the battery not recommended for this system,the system will not be unable to charge this battery
I bought a new battery and nothing solved
And try another charger and not solved the problem
 i must work when he plugged in charger only and the battery fully charged and the light sign turn 2 times on yellow light and 1 time on LED light 
any suggestion for help ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995948
Relevancy 91.16%

I need to replace the CMOS battery on the motherboard of my Compaq Presario 1200 Laptop. Does anyone have instructions on opening the case to access the battery?
I have been able to get the case open enough to access the Hard Drive but can't figure out how to get all of the way to the battery which, I believe, is very near the back of the unit under the hinges to the screen.
If I were able to remove the screen, I might be able to get that part of the case apart.
Suggestions please,
Thanks,
Pilithigh

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I own a Compaq Presario laptop AMD K II MHz V MB RAM GB HDD x CDROM model number VQLIN or years old I think and the darn thing won t power on I gave it to my sis and it came back dead She had taken it to compusa I bad Dead laptop battery? - Presario Compaq 1247 believe where the guy told her to replace the battery When I plug it into the wall socket the LED to indicate it s plugged in comes on but the one that indicates the battery is charging doesn t The battery has a light indicator to say how much charge is in it and none of the leds come on I guess Pressing the power button has no effect whether or not the battery is inserted into its bay I d bring it to compusa here but they charge just to look at the machine since a battery costs less I thought I d try getting a new one first but it seems strange to me that the computer won t boot when the battery is out of the bay Am I barking up the wrong tree Should I be looking for other causes fried motherboard maybe I dunno Thanks mucho for any help at all or even Dead laptop - bad battery? Compaq Presario 1247 sympathy - FaxData nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

hi,
i used hp compaq 6730s laptop which will be two yrs this june, my os is window vista biz, my laptop suddenly went off while running on battery and say d battery could not hold charges again and now is only being boot and powered when on ac adaptor charger and immediately i remove charger d laptop will be off. I ran an hp battery check and it showed red and write replace. Is d battery not good again? Can i do anything to make it work again?
Thank u, wakss.

Relevancy 90.3%

Help! How does one open a Presario 1070 Laptop (circa 1996, "1000 series", Pentium 133MHz) to get at the RTC battery?
...acellier

A:Compaq Presario 1070 Laptop CMOS battery

Well I know my laptop RTC battery is in the same place as my memory just need to take out 4 screws out a bottom panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-presario-1070-laptop-cmos-battery.402343/
Relevancy 90.3%

I recently inherited this laptop, and am stuck on the suggestion to "Calibrate" the battery since there is no tab in the Power Options to do this. I've hunted thru all the places I can find, looking for the calibration option, without success. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

A:Compaq Armada M300 laptop battery calibration

Using Google to do a search can be very useful for a topic like this.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B2GGGL_enUS176&q=calibrate+compaq+laptop+battery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-armada-m300-laptop-battery-calibration.498423/
Relevancy 89.87%

I bought the laptop used. it appeared the battery wsdead. I bought a new battery. The battery would stay at 53 percent and when i would unplug the charger it would immediatly shut off. i troubleshooted in the device manager and reset the laptop. Nothing happened. I reset a second time and the battery was charging and the laptop would run off battery power. this soon stopped working. I continued to troubleshoot. i got it to charge again and run off battery power but now it will again not run off battery power. the battery is now at 74 percent so i know at some piont charging was happening. this is very frustrating. Iv built a gaming pc jst recently and i feel like i should be able to figure this out. Any help would be much appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-envy-360-wont-charge-wont-use-battery-power-battery-level/td-p/5747439
Relevancy 89.01%

Is it possible to install the battery into a Compaq Presario 1210 yourself? I am very mechanically inclined but have never opened a laptop...
thanks, Dan

A:Installing internal battery into a Compaq Presario 1210 Laptop..is this possible?

Since all laptops already come with a battery in them, I don't understand your question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-internal-battery-into-a-compaq-presario-1210-laptop-is-this-possible.50207/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello DELL COMMUNITY,
I can't believe this is an unsolvable issue...
my Studio XPS1340 isn't that old...
and my battery was replaced by warranty a little over a year ago...
it was charging fine...then suddenly, when I rebooted, I got:

WARNING: The battery cannot be identified.This system will be unable to charge this battery.Press Any Key to ContinuePress <F2> 2 times to enter SETUPPress <F12> and Any Key to enter Boot Menu
Do I just need to replace the battery?

A:WARNING: The battery cannot be identified. This system will be unable to charge this battery. Press Any Key to Continue Press <F2> 2 times to enter SETUP Press <F12> and Any Key to enter Boot Menu

Hi,
I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. You can follow the steps below:
Drain the residual power of your computer and recaliberate the battery by following the steps below:

Power off your computer. 
Remove all the external peripherals  (printers, scanners or any other USB device) connected to your computer.
Please remove the AC adapter and battery of your computer. 
Press and hold the power button of your computer for 10-15 seconds to drain the residual power. 
Release the power button
Keep the battery out for atleast 2 - 3 hours.
Then insert the battery and charge it overnight with the system powered off.
Insert the battery in and connect the AC adaptor.
Then power on the computer and see if it works.

If the issue still persists, you can update the BIOS of the computer.
Note: Make sure the ac adapter is connected and the battery is charged 10% or above to update the BIOS. Also, disconnect all the external peripherals before updating the BIOS. All the programs should be closed and documents saved.

Click on the below link: http://dell.to/Th8z4k
Click on “Download File”.
Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
Click on “Download Now”.
Save the BIOS on your desktop.
Once the BIOS is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.

Please reply with the findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19477614
Relevancy 87.29%

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

A:Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello there I have Battery.. 1YearOld at battery Laptop left. 20% off powers unexpectedly an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium bits GB Ram and HDD At Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery.. the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Can someone please tell me what is causing my year-old laptop to power off for no reason at all when battery has just remaining Do I have to buy a new one or what Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery..

Hi there .. Do you have Power4Gear Installed ... If so i would look into the Settings for that could be a power plan so save Battery life ... It should also be able to tell you your Battery's Health status ... I have no idea how good this Program is could be total crap ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322529-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-battery-left-1yearold-battery.html
Relevancy 86.86%

It's so strange. Today when I turned on my laptop, suddenly, there was a message that my battery has problems so the computer might shut down suddenly. I tried different strategies, like uninstalling the battery driver, or letting the computer completely die. When it turned off itself at 6%, I turned it back on, and it was at 2 minutes battery life. Then in a few minutes, it said 4 minutes battery life for 6%. Now, it's passed an hour, and it says 3 minutes, but changes sometimes to 1-4 minutes. The battery meter is completely wrong, and I don't know what to do since it is closing the computer way too early. I'm still not sure what the problem is. Please help me.

A:Laptop Battery Meter is Completely Wrong and it says there's a problem with the battery

How long have you been using the laptop with battery? Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471577/laptop-battery-meter-is-completely-wrong-and-it-says-theres-a-problem-with-the-battery/
Relevancy 86.86%

my battery was giving 1.5 hour power backup from last 4 months... then last month it decreased to 1 hour...from couple of days it decreased to 1/5 hour(with error 'Consider replacing new battery') and yesterday i was using on battery power... and battery had 34% power remaining.. suddenly battery indicating light turns orange and pc shutdown... after that.. my pc is not charging battery... and if i run pc on battery.. it work 10 to 15 minutes ( with orange light.. and on task bar.. battery icon giving error "No battery is detected" ) and then shut down.

today i run laptop on battery power and open setup..and there was error "No battery installed" in battery info...

what happened.. can anyone tell me????

i forgot to tell you that... according to battery's LEDs.... my battery is healthy enough.. but now only 1 led is working...

A:My laptop running on BATTERY and giving error 'No battery detected'

Your battery has failed and must be replaced. They're only good for three or four years. Happens to all laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238716-my-laptop-running-battery-giving-error-no-battery-detected.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I bought this computer an year ago in Septermber 2014, my device is out of warranty. Since past one month (a month after installing windows 10), my computer went all crazy. First, the fan starter brrrring, a constant noise and I have no idea how to deal with, its not the dust I checked that. And since a week and a half my screen started flickering on battery. At first if battery dropped below 25% the screen flickers and recently the batter percentage got bigger and bigger. Now, screen flickers at 90% battery. If I use chrome to watch youtube, the screen flickers even faster, I loosed up a lot of places online. No result. Please help!

A:Y40-70 screen flickers on battery

did you find a solutionto your problem??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y40-70-screen-flickers-on-battery/td-p/2220360
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi, i have a Dell inspiron laptop that wont start. the battery light flickers constantly (red in colour), and the screen doesnt light up, i hear the fan running for a few seconds and then its all quiet. powering it without the battery only lights up the power and num lock indicators with nothing on the screen. i tried changing the battery and the power pack. i suspect something on the Motherboard is fried, please help.

A:Battery light flickers

Sounds like a fried board to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-light-flickers.752532/
Relevancy 86.43%

I am becoming more and more concerned about my laptop's battery each and every passing day. When I check the bottom right of my computer screen to check if my computer battery is completely charged, it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". I have had to buy two new batteries because of the same thing and they also read "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". When I unplug my laptop from the power source, it turns off automatically. I cannot even bother calling Dell to check this issue for me because I bought this computer off the street for $35.

My question in general is how do I get this problem fixed and how do I keep an eye on how my laptop computer charges correctly (or not)???

A:General Question about laptop battery charging AND 0% battery

Some reading and testing for you

Why is my Laptop battery not charging? – Drivers.com updates

Laptop Battery Not Charging | PCWorld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcDvp2A7Fss

The common method is:
- Create a System restore point
- Uninstall (Under the Batteries category in Device Manager) the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery.
- WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
- click Scan for hardware changes

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/371230-general-question-about-laptop-battery-charging-0-battery.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi out cuts battery power, on laptop battery good my girlfriend in Beijing has an Acer Aspire S latop She bought a new battery for it laptop cuts out on battery power, battery good a while back and told me it was no good I was in Beijing recently messing around with it and found that actually the battery is fine lasts for gt hours but when unplugged and running on battery power the laptop often just cuts out suddenly loss of power I took the battery out and had a look and cleaned all the connections but they seem fine The next part is the strange part and which I hope might give someone a clue as to what s going on When it cuts out it will never restart again unless the mains power cable is plugged back into the laptop As soon as that s done and the power button is pressed it starts up again and the cable can be taken out immediately I mean immediately - you can plug the cable in push the quot power on quot button and pull the cable back out in less than a second and it will start up and run fine on battery again until the next time it suddenly cuts out without warning Because any unsaved data is lost and because the laptop cannot restart without the power adaptor this very portable and light laptop is now reduced to having to be kept at home all the time and plugged in which is exactly the opposite of what she bought it for Anybody have any idea what the problem could be or suggest some tests that could be done to find out She took it to a local computer shop but the guys there had no idea Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-out-on-battery-power-battery-good.1164783/
Relevancy 86.43%

Recently I noticed that the amber LED on my HP Probook 650 G1 flashing constantly, even when the laptop is powered off.   The System Tray battery indication is 100%, fully charged, when on AC power and 100% on battery power shortly after undocking.    I find the Probook won't power up if AC power is not available (no response when pressing power button) but remains powered when I remove it from the docking station.    Have the electronics that control this LED flashing and power up when not on AC gone bad?    Is this an indication of other failure? thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-won-t-power-up-with-battery-but-battery-is-fully/td-p/5655982
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi i have a XPS M dell laptop and bought a new battery wich came charged to the instructions said that i should discharge the battery to and then chargeit to for first time I used the laptop withouth cord until it was then i plugged it but the amer light that should battery testing of of or port need dell a i help a Hi, a battery laptop appear it is not when i plug the laptop with the battery installed then i check the energy administrator i have xp Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell and lubuntu and it both was the same and it said quot charging quot but it stayed in i let it more than hours plugged but never charged the battery it is still in and the light of the battery doesnt turn on I dont know if the battery is bad because it worked when had charge or is maybe the laptop that is not charging Is there a war to check if this port is charging electricity to the battery i have a multimeter and i know how to open this laptop Any information would be helpful as i havent been able to found information on this and also is there a way to know with the multimeter if the battery is allowing energy to charge it i hope you have understood im still klearning english thanks for your time nbsp

A:Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell

Testing the DC jack on a laptop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrsUsyxzk1M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-i-need-help-testing-a-battery-or-a-port-of-battery-of-a-laptop-dell.1131320/
Relevancy 86%

When on battery my screen flickers to the point that the laptop is unusable.  No problems while it's plugged in.  This issue started under Windows 8, but only appeared when using heavy graphic applications like Photoshop.  Under Windows 10 it starts happening almost immediately when unplugging the power. I've tried changing the power options to ensure it's set to maximum performance while on battery, and tried both on and off for the adaptive display options with no improvement.  I've seen "replace the LCD panel" as a solution in another thread but that does not seem to be a logical fix given that the system works fine under power. Anyone have any other suggestions?  This seems to be a common problem, so I'm hoping there's a driver/update fix.  Has anyone tried getting a new battery?Thanks!!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y40-80-Screen-Flickers-while-on-battery-Windows-10/td-p/3443248
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello fellow techies,
I have a situation with my Compaq Evo N600c battery or something in that directions, so I need possible solutions. My laptop needs to be plugged in at all times, which makes it frustrating because its a portable laptop. If it becomes unplugged the laptop will turn off within 10 seconds flat. I fear that this will, if it hasnt already done so, mess up my electric circuits among other components. Can any of you suggest or recommend options I can use to diagnose the situation. I would like to find out what the problem is, whether I should buy a new battery or some component or prong that I need to replace? Thanks for the feed back!

Linda

A:Battery will not charge or hold charge?!?!

Yup, sounds like a battery problem.

First, make sure the battery has a charge. Most laptop batteries have a button on them somewhere you can push that will give you the power level. Alternativly, there should be a utility in windows or the BIOS that will allow you to check the power level.

If the battery has no charge and isn't charging, then replace it with a known good one and see if it will charge up when the laptop is plugged in.

If the good battery won't charge up, then there is a problem with your motherboard.

If the battery has charge but won't power the system, then there is a problem with your motherboard too.

If this is the case, then the best you can do is contact the laptop manufacturer and get them to replace the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-will-not-charge-or-hold-charge.283721/
Relevancy 84.71%

Thanks for reading this ??battery battery Laptop calibration?? issue i have never posted anything in my life but i am stumped and need some help I got a dell inspiron and one day i was running it while it was Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration?? pluged in and i unpluged it and the laptop just quot Bloop quot shut off i tried turning it back on but nothing just as if i had no battery in it at all when i pluged it back in it fired up like normal i checked Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration?? the battery meter and it said full then charged up to full but still it wont run off the battery as soon as i unplug it it shuts right off Someone told me to run the battery calibration but my bios doesnt have an option for it at least i cant find it i know it has it somewere because when i first bought this laptop the screen was broke and when i bought a new one for it and booted it up it said i had to run the battery calibration befor it could start quot not sure why quot but i did watched it drain and charge so i know it's in here somewere do you think this would even help Also i think i updated the bios so it might have had an older bios witch might have had the battery calibration and the new one i put on doesnt It has verison A now i tried quot downgrading quot to A and A but it doesnt let me Says i have a newer verison and cannot install an older verison Stinks this problem kinda takes the quot Mobil quot feature out of a laptop Any help would be Awesome

A:Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration??

i'm afraid the battery calibration program is only used to initialize new Li-Ion batteries which need to be prepped with an initial charge-discharge cycle.

It sounds to me like you have a battery composed of 32 (probably AA sized) cells.
One of those cells has died and hence you see only 97% charge. Unfortunately losing a single cell prevents current from entering or leaving the battery so your battery will not discharge correctly therefore shutoff without discharge.

I think you need a new battery. Although it may be possible to replace the single bad cell, other cells may be degraded also - if one cell failed, why not others? unit could have been exposed to heat etc.

Although I was an engineer for Gould, I am not a battery expert!

good luck!
Simon

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/109826-laptop-battery-issue-battery-calibration.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I bought a new battery and power supply. Laptop still will not work unless plugged in. Why?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/New-battery-won-t-charge-either/td-p/5655167
Relevancy 83.85%

I have an acer laptop and it has been working great for the past year but now my battery won't charge to 100%. This only happened recently and my laptop is plugged in for awhile but it'll only read to 80%, 2 weeks later; 53% and now its only 28%. The thing is.. my laptop IS charged. when i unplug it, I get my usually lifespan of the battery before i have to plug it in again to recharge and it only charges to x% again. I've tried "draining" my battery and letting it charge again but it won't charge to 100%. Is there anything I can do to make my laptop read my battery correctly again. Thanks so much!

*I should add its an Acer Aspire with a 6-cell Li-ion battery and this is the only problem I've had thus far with my laptop