Windows Support Forum

New gaming PC

Q: New gaming PC

So this is my first time ever making a custom computer. Here are the stats and I'd like your feedback on it :3.

PC specs:

?CPU-AMD FX 6350 Unlocked Six Core Processor 3.90GHz (4.20GHz Turbo)

? Motherboard- ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD 990FX (Socket AM3+) ATX Motherboard

? RAM-16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro Red DDR3

?Graphics Card- EVGA Superclock ACX 2.0 - GeForce GTX980 - 4GB GDDR Graphics Card

?Storage- 2TB Western Digital Black SATA III Hard Drive (x2)
- 250GB Samsung 850 EVO Series Solid State Drive

?PSU-750W Corsair CS750M 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply.

Also, what performance should I expect on games like dayZ etc.?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New gaming PC

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New gaming PC

Good choices. What case are you going to use? I don't know the game dayZ so I can't answer that question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-pc.216604/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi Guys This is my very first post on Windows Vista Forums and Ultimate 64-bit Gaming Windows Vista and Gaming Compatibility I am eager to get into this thread First off Windows Vista Ultimate is the very best you can buy for gaming This features the bit OS version which can process GB of RAM at top speeds you can find in a new OS I would definitely recommend this OS for gaming and none other Now on to the main part of my thread Compatibility Gaming This is the most discussed issue for gamers across the US The problem is how do you get games to work specifically older games on Windows Vista Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming Ultimate Well there are solutions You could wait until the company of the game makes a OS patch for the game although that could take a while You could go into the game files and put the game into compatibility mode for your OS And You could revert back to an older OS that works for your game Which one would you choose I would choose They are always going to make games work on a newer OS Lets take the game Lord of The Rings Battle for Middle Earth amp Electronic Arts EA has already made a patch for those two that will have more chance of running on Vista If doesn't work then it's the type of computer hardware you are using The hardware would guarantee be outdated In that case just get more recent hardware It's not that difficult With a bit of research common sense and problem solving skills you can get gaming compatibility issues out of your hair I hope this thread has helped a couple of you out there Sincerely alienware Think I helped you out Click the scales Give me some rep Thanks

A:Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming

Very Smart Post!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/236286-windows-vista-ultimate-64-bit-gaming-compatibility-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys This is my first post while Gigabyte in Gaming GTX970 with SLI G1 gaming BSOD in this forum since I have not received any BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming help from elswhere BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming You guys are my only hope Okay so I recently bought two G Gaming GTX graphics cards The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers so I got the Display Driver Uninstaller from dguru scrubbed the drivers in safe mode After restart windows still used its own drivers at first but everything worked and I updated with the latest nVidia drivers Now to the issue After gaming for some time graphically demanding games AC Unity FarCry the PC would freeze and I would have a BSOD on my hands Interestingly enough this has happened with nVidia supported games but I've managed to play Alien Isolation for an extended period of time which is AMD supported Have not had any problems with Borderlands Pre Sequel nVidia supported either but it's also not as heavy on the GPU When the BSOD has happened it has happened approx within an hour of gaming sometimes within minutes The BSOD does not happen when I'm watching movies or browsing the net or working on the PC just when gaming heavy does it occur I run the system SLI enabled I'm going to include two crash dumps below By the looks of it it seems to be a driver issue so what are my options here I've reinstalled the drives but still the problem has persisted Any help or insight into the BSOD errors I'm getting would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Nahkman Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x C GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME ACU exe CURRENT IRQL f ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff to fffff c b STACK TEXT fffff f b fffff c fffff f b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f b fffff f hal HalpMcaReportError x fffff f c fffff e db e hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x f fffff f cc fffff bf c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff f cf fffff bf d nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff f e a nt KiMcheckAbort x d f x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KxMcheckAbort c fffff bf c d c lea rcx rsp h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KxMcheckAbort c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP fb cd IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x c genuineintel nt kxmcheckabort c FAILURE ID HASH bfc df - f e- c- - c f Followup MachineOwner Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre STACK TEXT fffff e b fffff cdca fffffa d fffffa d nt WheapCreateLiveTriageDump x c fffff e ad fffff aee fffffa d fffff d fffffa d nt WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession x fffff e b fffff fffff b fffffa a a fffffa d nt WheapProcessWorkQueueItem x fffff e b fffff c fffff a e fffff fffffa d nt WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine x fffff e b fffff bae fffffa d fffffa cf nt ExpWorkerThread x fffff e c fffff c fffff fffffa d fffff ffc nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff e c fffff e fffff db fffff e e nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x genuineintel processor mae prv FAILURE ID HASH e -e - e - -f d e Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming

I've been having a very similar issue, I've only got the one Gigabyte 970 G1, and I've only really tested 2 games (AC Unity and Civ Beyond Earth) and while playing both after usually a few hours they'll freeze then I'll get a bsod. They're always Bug Check Code: 0x00000124 and all have the Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+4ae61c.

I've run windows memory diagnostic with no results, I've reseated my card, performed multiple clean driver installs, checked temperatures with no problems. I can't figure out what's causing it and this is the only similar problem I can find online. I really wish I could help but it seems we're in much the same boat

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359369-bsod-gigabyte-g1-gaming-gtx970-sli-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My gaming PC has on a number of occasions shut down during gaming assassin s creed III batman arkham origins mass effect emulating ps games etc so i decided to monitor it one time with CPUID while running batman arkham origins windowed with high settings While playing my processor temp was usually in the range of Celsius but got as high as on some occasions and my vid card was in the range of mid s Celsius and got as high as on one occasion I checked the forums and googled and from what I ve read it seemed like these temps are supposedly in the normal range But after a few hours in that constant temperature my PC hung and then setup gaming (i5, down should GTX Gaming shuts What It my i in during 580)? change PC I had to shut it down manually On the What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming other occasions that I was playing other games it didn t even hang but instead shut down on it s own What always happens after this is that when i boot my pc the monitor says there s no signal and the CPU stops and restarts on it s own either once or a couple of times i have to move the cpu to another room which is a bit cooler and have to give it a couple of hours sometimes half a day before it boots normally again There were times I ve tried just leaving it in the original room before for a few days but it never boots normally when i do that I thought that the problem might be with my GPU but recently I was browsing with google chrome and when i opened a lot of tabs in succession about the PC hung again and I had to manually restart it and encountered the same booting problem I was running CPUID at the time and the temp shot up to C My CPU s normal idle temp is - C on hot days - My GPU s normal temp is C So I m really lost as to what the problem is and I wanted to ask for your help in suggesting what I can change add to my set up so that I can game and also work without worrying about this problem Here s the rest of my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping - Stock fan Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb - Stock fan Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn P A P A-S Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled Power Supply Corsair W Aerocool Strike-X GT-Bk Mid Tower Gaming Case - x mm Stock fan intake in the bottom front exhaust in the top back Two mm intake fans in the side Thanks so much nbsp

A:What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-should-i-change-in-my-gaming-pc-setup-i5-gtx-580-it-shuts-down-during-gaming.1112092/
Relevancy 36.12%

Greetings All I posted this over at both the MSI and TomsHardware forums as I think it's a hardware issue but I want to make sure it's not Z170a or 960 MSI Gaming GTX 100ME 3 GAMING Issue? a Windows issue so I'm MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue? going to post it here in case anyone has some thoughts or ran into a similar issue in the past Gents I've run into an issue on a new build that I can't nail down and need your advice on my next steps so I'll try to give you all the information I have and what I tried This is a NEW build that was built about weeks ago Everything ran fine until today when it all went wrong after a game lockup Everything worked fine today when I booted up so I decided to play Witcher which I've been playing with no issues with the exception of a freeze for a second or two in big cities when the CPU hit's but those are few Anyway at the main menu screen not playing yet today it locked up for the first time Had to use reset button as CNT-ALT-DLT didn't work and on reboot the problem appeared Problem No matter what I do I can't get GTX out of X resolution safe mode or resolve it's conflict Description of how it Boots Events Starting the PC powering on this is what happens between devices The GPU lights up and monitor is Blue active Four seconds later GPU lights OFF VGA on motherboard turns RED and Monitor goes AMBER no signal Six seconds later GPU lights ON RED VGA light goes OFF and Monitor goes Blue active At this point it loads the bios screen at X resolution and same if I enter windows With or Without the Nividia drivers installed I can not change the desktop resolution and device manager reports the device is disabled and conflicts All functions on quot Change Display Settings quot beyond X is quot greyed out quot and under quot Properties quot it's all blank Checking quot resources quot it's conflicting with the Intel CPU resources Also on boot-up a small graphic glitch appears on the screen for a few seconds wide lines then goes away Steps I've taken and it's result Removed and Reinstalled Drivers NONE Removed and re-seat GPU NONE Double Check voltages from PSU for stability fine v on rails NONE Remove all drivers and the card reboot and let Windows install it's own NONE Installed and Reinstall drivers through device manager NONE Ran SFC to check for corruption NONE Swapped out for a known good SEE BELOW Now Here's where my trouble shooting skills are at a loss Thinking it's now a GPU issue I removed all drivers and installed my old GTS to test GTS Boot events Power PC Motherboard VGA RED and Monitor Blue active Three seconds later VGA RED goes OFF and enters BIOS and Windows at high resolution Installed Nivida drives rebooted and checked settings in device manager and desktop and it's all fine at X At this point thinking the GTX is the issue which it still may be I installed it without nvidia drivers in another PC running Windows to test and it worked fine in that PC at a higher resolution NOT X as that monitor didn't support it with default Windows drivers So the card works in the other PC but not my new build at the moment worked fine for weeks and my older GTX card works in the new build which I'm using now which suggests the motherboard is not the issue or is it As the bios screen is effected by the issue before Windows loads this suggests a hardware issue not software I have close restore point from days ago but I'm not a novice PC builder so my gut is telling me it's a hardware issue so it's worthless to restore since it won't address the issue and the GTX I'm running right now works fine at those settings Thoughts Advice Next Steps PC Specs MSI Z a Gaming bios ver A G Skill Ripjaws V Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Intel Core i - M GHz LGA MSI GeForce GTX DirectX GTX GAMING ME Rosewill DU watt PSU Windows Pro bit SP Updates Hanns G HG X hz Connected via DVI to HDMI cable Nvidia Driver Version Side Note As someone mentioned this before The power supply I'm using Rosewill DU wa... Read more

A:MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue?

7-31-2016 Update

Well no one replied yet to my post but I did some more testing and the result is as follows.

I did some more troubleshooting and cleared the CMOS, swapped monitors, tried another HDMI cable and reinstalled the 960 into the new build for testing but it still did not solve the issue. Still locked at 800X600 with error code 43 (Windows disable the device because of problems) in device manager and I'm concerned about how the card itself boots and lights the RED VGA led on the MSI board. I retested it in that PC that has the 600watt PSU and an Asrock board and while it did work at a higher resolution the card behaves suspiciously during powerup as.

1. Power on All Fans and MSI logo light up.... Monitor is Blue (active)
2. 5 seconds later MSI logo goes off... fans still spinning.....Monitor is Amber (No Signal)
3. 15 seconds later MSI logo comes on......Monitor goes Blue (active)
4. Once Windows loads fans stop spinning. (Normal)

**Note** This is similar to the way it boots in the problem system (no RED led on Asrock board)

So 20 seconds total to initiate a stable signal to me is problematic and this is on the test PC not the one I built BUT I still can't rule out a problem with this MSI motherboard as that RED VGA led still comes on for a few seconds when the GTS 450 is in there (even though it works fine) and I can't find an answer to if that's normal. Sent a "support" request to MSI and their reply was "Try the card in another system and try another card in your problem system" lol. They must not read carefully as this was already covered....hahaha.

So... I need some suggestions besides those I tried and if anyone has a MSI Z170a Gaming 3 board can you please post your startup sequence and let me know if it lights the RED VGA led light on startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/399131-msi-z170a-gaming-3-gtx-960-gaming-100me-issue.html
Relevancy 36.12%

hello people im building a gaming PC and it is my first built Till now i had been playing on low end laptop back in times of NFS underground n all then i got XPS L x and xbox -S but they all have their limitations and the laptops cost a lot and dont withstand the threshold of the games of current time first PC in 1080p at 120HZ...... gaming 3D built for at gaming It all becomes very confined and limited So i have decided to go for an ALL GAMING ONLY PC built and im going to do it myself really excited about the first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ...... complete project Now ill be playing games in D ie on a D monitor but im not a very big fan of the k or UHD resolutions and will be playing at x p but at HZ instead of hz monitor so keeping all that in mind and with my research over the internet for couple of months i have decided what im buying and i need you guys to help me out finding any problem with this configuration PCPartPicker part list http pcpartpicker com p pV GX Price breakdown by merchant http pcpartpicker com p pV GX by merchant CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Newegg CPU Cooler Cooler Master Seidon M CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Newegg Motherboard MSI Z -GAMING ATX LGA Motherboard Amazon Memory G Skill Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Corsair Force LS GB quot Solid State Drive Newegg Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive OutletPC Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Twin Frozr Video Card Directron Case NZXT Phantom White ATX Mid Tower Case Amazon Power Supply Corsair CX W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Newegg Monitor Asus VG QE Hz quot Monitor Newegg Total now will all things work fine with eachother i dont want something to mismatch with the other Also if i can get a motherboard cheaper then this one which supports click Overclocking like OC gene in this case and USB Audio headers for front panel of the case I would like to save some money And im really very confused about the graphic card is going for a good move or should i stick to only Remember ill be playing in D at HZ minimum at p any more suggestions you give me will be rewarded with kisses of your loved ones today lol nbsp

A:first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-gaming-pc-built-for-gaming-in-3d-at-1080p-at-120hz.1138331/
Relevancy 36.12%

ok so let me just throw my budget out here est I'm not sure i could be more or less thats just a rough idea MY NEED I want it to be able to play games like HITMAN ABSOLUTION at - atleast And i want it to be able a Gaming Low budget. Building Computer Gaming Help. to play grand theft auto v I need help in the costs of the parts im choosing if it can be better then please suggest parts Any way I need Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. help Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. in every aspect RAM I know what RAM is Im going for to gb will ddr do the job how much will it cost Processor I believe that a i should be okay a ghz one its around right Should i pick another one GPU okay so currently I have in my laptop a Nvidia m Its an integrated card I obviously want a dedicated one Im not sure which to pick please recommend a card hopefully from Nvidia What does bit bit mean in GPUs And what memory should the card have gb EDIT i found this card http www geforce com hardware desk geforce-gt its price is around can i go for this HDD at the time of purchase Im thinking about gb hdds because if i need more I'll simply attach more so thats not a problem MotherBoard I know s it about these things My plan is to tell my desired parts to the guy at the shop from where im buying and getting it built i'll just tell which parts I want Then he'll just choose a good enough mother board for me is this ok Did i miss anything please help me

A:Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help.

The only thing that's missing is the power supply (the "PSU"), but we should wait until you select a CPU and video card - especially the video card. The PSU is an investment, so we have to make sure it's a good one.

Anyway,

RAM:

Go for a 2 x 4 GB kit or 2 x 8 GB kit. Your only choice right now is DDR3. The cost can vary from roughly $50 USD give or take $10-$20 to almost $200 USD and more.

CPU:

Which i5? 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation, or 4th Generation Core i5? The cost should be at around $200 give or take $10 to $20 USD.

Video card:

Try to avoid being loyal to one side or the other (NVIDIA or AMD) because some AMD GPUs are way better, but some NVIDIA GPUs are better.

The 128bit or 256bit is the bandwidth of the memory. The higher the number, the faster the memory can be in some ways.

The amount of memory you'd want is about 2GB, yeah. The more the merrier, but it mostly benefits textures.

You can go for any video card you want, but the GT 640 might not be an appreciable upgrade from the 410m. You'll notice it, but I dunno...

HDD:

Yeah, this is a little bit of a personal thing because take me for example: I have two 60 GB solid state drives and it's all I need. One is for Windows and programs, and the other is for things like My Documents and even my desktop.

Like the power supply, the hard drive is a bit of an investment, so try to get good ones.

Motherboard:

Not really. I would also like to see you build it instead of making someone do it for you. That way, you can make sure it's done right the first time. You won't need to know how to do anything because you can lean on us.

I also recommend posting this thread over on Overclock.net, but make it clear that you're not overclocking. They are very good at building computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297530-building-gaming-computer-gaming-low-budget-help.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi all About months ago I bought all new parts and assembled a PC for gaming school work The goal was PC, new nothing gaming gaming, during BSOD helps 0x9C to buy parts that are instantly available sold older PC to a friend and I needed a replacement fast and the price range was about - in Finland I ended up with the following parts - Fractal design Define R Black Pearl - Asus DRW- BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps F ST BLK G AS x DVD -RW - Kingston HyperX Genesis GB x GB - WD Green TB SATA III MB - MSI GeForce GTX Gaming OC Edition MB - Kingston SSDNow v GB SSD quot - Corsair CX W V - Intel Core i K GHz LGA - BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps Asus Z -K Intel Z LGA ATX Decided to save some money and buy heatsink cpu fan later since I also needed a new monitor - Running Windows Ultimate bit I haven't overclocked anything All seemed fine until I installed the first games and Bluescreens started coming up There are different BSOD Im getting more detailed info below Always Machine Check Exeption x C The thing is BSOD only comes during gaming First the sound loops and everything freezes followed by BSOD Searching for the problem I have - Formatted and re-installed everything times - Monitored temperatures with Bios Realtemp Open hardware monitor c- c with heavy gaming - Run sfc scannow chkdsk Seatools Lifeguard Diagnostic Memtest Prime Heaven Benchmark dxdiag no errors in any of them - Borrowed my old rams and graphics card back and replaced the new ones same BSOD still - Removed and put back pretty much all the parts checked the wires etc - Updated all drivers I could think of including all the chipsets and BIOS And nothing makes any difference BSOD doesn't seem to have any logic it might come right when I start gaming or after hours of gaming Record is times a day but it may also wait for days while I think I finally fixed it and then reappears While Im aware that c might be a bit too high BSOD presents itself also with lower temperatures However older speaking of - years games are mostly not crashing Watching movies or surfing in the web doesn't crash ever I also got some debugging help from another forum but weeks of sending dump files resulted this quot well MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION is considered a hardware error I am not sure how to decode the MCA EXCEPTION structure reported kd gt dd fffff ba bb fffff ba bb d a a d quot I'll paste few examples from WhoCrashed and the zip file from DM Log Collector On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal HalInitializeBios x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BBB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPT... Read more

A:BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps

hello, Lazzi and welcome to the forums. I'll try to help you, but would you please upload the BSOD Posting Instructions here. I can't download the file you linked to without an account, plus we prefer them here. This will tell you how. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also, please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

And also give as detailed a description as you can about your hardware including the Case, PSU and CPU Cooler, and place them in your system specs. These are the instructions I usually give and maybe it will help you.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367303-bsod-0x9c-during-gaming-new-gaming-pc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I i BSOD gaming am Occurring when Randomly while gaming??? and not dont know why I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it I dont know why but hopefully you can help me My Computer Stats -Intel BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Core i - K -GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD H Z - NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti GB -Corsair Vengeance GB - TB Hard Drive -Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Plus Watts -Microsoft BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Windows Home Premium -Bit Edition Link to My SF tool file should be as a attachment This the message that Windows gave me to check for solution after i restarted the BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA BC BCP FE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users dbzethioboy AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt When the BSOD occurred i copyed the code Stop x x xFFFFFA DC x FE x Hopefully you guys could help me out this is the first time i have dealt with something like this Thanks Dbzethioboy

A:BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???

Hi Welcome to SF

Unfortunately the dumps you uploaded are all 0x124 errors which are hardware related
BSOD Index
My initial thought is as this is new machine i would return it to place of purchase as something is obviously not right, if you wish to look into this then...
Have a read of this thread it will give you some things to try
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Analysing your dumps (they are all the same) they state an error with level 2 cache on your cpu

Code:
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc43138
Section @ fffffa800bc432c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal
Error : DCACHEL2_PREFETCH_ERR (Proc 1 Bank 6)
Address : 0x00000000a3edddc0
Misc. : 0x0000003206000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc59138
Section @ fffffa800bc592c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000003d1bddc0
Misc. : 0x0000007007000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc22138
Section @ fffffa800bc222c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000004f4fddc0
Misc. : 0x000000b040000086
So you could potentially be looking at a problem with your cpu or motherboard
Check temperatures and make sure chip is not overheating

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275126-bsod-occurring-randomly-while-gaming-when-i-am-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

First of all i wanna say hello and congratulations for this helpful site To the point My pc specs are GPU Twintech GT mb MOBO Asus P QL-E CPU Intel Core Quad Q PSU Silverstone Element W RAM Mushkin gb DDR So all of these except my graphics card are new I m having for about - months now been getting BSODs after a period of time playing games I While gaming[moved from BSOD gaming] ve formated my pc times so i ve realised it is nothing related to software I asked lots of ppl and technicians and told me that it was my old PSU W So i changed it with the one mentioned Same happened with the RAM before buying them - moths ago I had changed sets of RAM i had nothing still So i really need your help on this coz if u ever had this problem u d knew how it feels to try play BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming] a game and suddenly a blue pops up disturbs u I really think it is the GPU but i gotta know what pros think PS These are some of the bsod i get

A:BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming]

Hello and welcome to TSF and thanks for the compliment.

I think this is your RAM. I need you to do a test...

Please download http://www.memtest.org// It's saved as an iso so you need to burn it to a cd and boot with it(yes it's legal). Make sure you run it for each stick, as in taking every stick but one then switching. I would recommend running them overnight(each).
You may want to dust your ram carefully!
Make sure you get no finger prints on the RAM as it may damage it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-while-gaming-moved-from-gaming-460361.html
Relevancy 34.83%

So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers.
It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect.
I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if someone could recommend a way of doing a fresh install.
Also more recently my GPU hasn't been appearing on my device manager randomly, but after a reset it comes back.
I've attached the dump files following the guides, not sure if I have done it properly though.
Help would be appreciated soon as I don't want this ?1000 laptop to die

A:Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.

Yeah, you are having problems with the Nvidia driver.

Your msinfo.32 shows that as disabled though, that could just be at the time the report was created.

Where did you get that driver, it appears to be a beta driver from Nvidia.

Have you tried just using the driver from the manufacturer? They usually modify drivers for their hardware.

I can see it is an older driver but that may be your best option,

MSI Global GT70 0NC 64

How is your laptop cooling? Have you made sure the cooling vents are clean?

All that being said, here is a useful guide for Nvidia drivers,

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Try cleaning your laptop vents and doing a clean install of the driver from MSI to see if it makes a difference.

If you still want to do a clean install, this tutorial can help with that,

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331211-various-bsod-while-gaming-some-randomly-while-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

HI BleepingComputer,

I recently bought a new gaming computer. I am really happy with it, but when I tried to test her out with some new games, my whole computer crashes. The games I tried it with are League of Legends and Counter Strike Global offensive. Here is a speccy for anyone intrested http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qLb4kYSzKDwZyFeBstSWHDf. I hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance

Luke

Edit: I think it has to do with my graphic card; when run speccy while playing csgo it registered 97 degrees. Is there anything I can do?

A:Gaming Computer crashes while gaming

Look at the event viewer to find which part of you PC causes the problem, read this guide http://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson3/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562532/gaming-computer-crashes-while-gaming/
Relevancy 34.83%

So I m new to the forum and I was hoping my issue can be resolved or at least get some insight on what is causing my PC to crash The rig is brand new and I just installed windows and updated everything so it s getting really depressing gettting your new PC to crash this much During gaming or watching videos or downloading heavy programas i e Games my computer will just freeze out and I can t task manager out of it the only way out is to turn it off my holding the power button Sometime when watching a video it ll crash and a sound just loops from the speakers in the screen I ve tried Changing RAM sticks and only using one Re installing windows and all the drivers WhoCrashed doesn t give me any crash reports not even when I had it open and the PC crashed Specs http speccy piriform com results vF GuRJcFeP FEXkKQf rIZ Any type of insight would really be apreciated

A:New Gaming Rig crashes during gaming and videos

Here is a review on Newegg, about your motherboard ?
That may shed some light on your problem you are having.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/SingleProductReview.aspx?reviewid=3972564

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630217/new-gaming-rig-crashes-during-gaming-and-videos/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello Forum,

I have build a Gaming PC and i was trying to use the MSI Gaming app. It worked but nowadays when i change the mode it gives me an instant BSOD. i have uploaded the BSOD .zip file as instructed.

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards,
Jan L

A:BSOD when starting MSI Gaming App and change to gaming mode or OC mode

I already have runned the memtest. i had 10 passes and 0 errors

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335313-bsod-when-starting-msi-gaming-app-change-gaming-mode-oc-mode.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi and thxs for entering to this topic. plz help me looking for the best or very good gaming parts for my pc try to make my pc operative for 100% games at max setts.
My pc now is way outdated, i only have $1600.

PC specs now:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Dual Cpu 1.60ghz perfomance rate at 2.4ghz
Mainbord: Intel D945gcnl
Memory:1016mb (1gb)
Video Card: Intel 82945g (128mb) is almost not having a video card
Hard Drive: 160gb

A:Help me upgrading my not for gaming pc to a gaming pc!

if what you are saying is that you want to upgrade your old machine....i would not attempt to do do that. with $1600 you can build a gaming behemoth that will play anything on max settings. this is about $1100 which leaves you plenty for a 24" monitor and CD/DVD drive if you need them. you could also add a SSD if you want to improve load times as well. The GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P also has 2 PCIE slots for a future Crossfire/SLI upgrade. Also, if your not in a huge hurry, you might want to wait until March to see how the GF100's perform.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128409
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161301
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242001
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145260
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-upgrading-my-not-for-gaming-pc-to-a-gaming-pc.141913/
Relevancy 32.25%

hey i was wondering if you could help me with a small problem ive been having. i use a 8600gt on vista ultimate and have been using it for 1 year, but ive experienced a much slower gaming experience on games like cod 5 and gta 4 with vista ultimate and windows aero, yet when i reverted to using xp my problems were solved, but since windows vista basic doesnt use aero, would the gaming experience be any different on vista basic than it is on windows xp? thanks a bunch , raiyan =)

A:Vista gaming vs Xp gaming

Well i read that only the vista can use the all power of the new directx, so it should be better for games, anyway Windows Vista is heavier than the XP, even if you disable the Aero. How many RAM do u have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-gaming-vs-xp-gaming.792726/
Relevancy 25.8%

So I Built a New Gaming Rig and I m Having Two Issues with it I lll List Everything I Have Installed and I Hope to God That You Guys Can Help Me CPU - Intel Core i - k Gaming New .... Rig CPU Fan - Cooler Master Hyper EVO Mobo - EVGA -SB-E -KR ATX LGA Mem - G New Gaming Rig .... Skill Ripjaws Series GB x GB DDR - HDD - Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot SSD - Crucial M GB quot Graphics - EVGA Nvidia GTX s SLI d Sound - Auzentech Home Theatre HD Card Case - COOLER MASTER HAF X RC- -KKN Black Steel Plastic ATX Full Tower Power Supply - Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Power Supply W ATX Optical Drive- Asus BW- B ST BLK G AS Blu-Ray DVD CD Writer Operating System- Windows Enterprise Bit There s Two Major Issues That I ve Run into with this machine so far I m A Certified and this is the first time i ve had this issue One I ve read TONS of overclocking guides and i finally found all the specific settings for my motherboard pertaining to shutting off energy efficiency and power saving modes to even ALLOW overclocking after getting all the right settings it s pretty easy from there Just increase the multiplier and you can overclock it with ease Here s where my problem comes in though Increase Multiplier and voltage to about doesn t work it tests stable with prime but after a few restarts it ll take forever for my machine to restart and i ll get blue screens from time to time Increase the Multiplier and set the motherboard to auto voltage puts my voltage at about the same tests stable no blue screens so far but after about restarts it takes forever for my computer to load up and i KNOW it s the overclock because after i reset the bios settings to default and get rid of it the pc loads up within a few seconds because of my solid state That s ONE of my issues The other one i m guessing would be an easy fix that i m overlooking but i ve Tried a ton of things My Asus Blu Ray Writer is supposed to play blu rays too and i ve tried quite a few pieces of software to get it to work but nothing will make it play blu rays nbsp

A:New Gaming Rig ....

First if you plan to do overclock you should get DDR3 1600 or higher RAM instead of DDR 1333.. And your system is fast enough.... Being A+ Certified you should know system stable is the major important...

Second issue is what software you use to play bluray disc.... Window 7 not come with any software to play bluray... I don't know what software Asus COme with .... By mostly use CyperLink... They come with a Diagnostic to find what problem you have...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-gaming-rig.1039237/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone hope your all well after christmas and onto my question Since my last PC died just b christmas i have decided to build my own gaming rig and Gaming Rig New i need some advice input its all in the planning stages right now So far this is my shortlist possible changes in brackets CASE Antec Two Hundred V Ultimate Gaming Case MOBO Asus P Z -V LX S Intel Z DDR ATX or Gigabyte Z AP-D LGA Intel Z DDR ATX USB PSU OCZ Technology ZS Series W Bronze Power Supply CPU New Gaming Rig Intel Core i - GHz LGA MB or an i k for possible OC GPU PNY GeForce GTX Ti MHz GB PCI-Express HDMI RAM Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR MHz CL XMP HDD Hitachi TB Deskstar SATA GB s RPM quot Hard Drive DVD Sony Optiarc x Internal DVD Multi Writer with Black Bezel Bare also have assorted odds and ends like case fans and such like Will i need a better cpu cooler i m not going to be OCing anything for at least a year and not going Sli for a while nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Hey Geeks,

Listen i have a pretty decent gaming rig, however im having some serious problems with my System running Age of Conan

3.2ghz P4
4gb Corsair ram
9600 gt evga(nvidia) 1gb

and im getting like 12-20 fps!!!!!

could the hyperthreading actually be slowing me down....all my other games run superb, but Age of conan supports multiprocessing

can i shift to single cpu mode and cancel the HT?

All my dx9, vid drivers and windows is fully up to date
i have even trashed and reinstalled them

running out of ideas, and i cant afford a c2d at the moment

Help me out if you can
thx,
Meditrome

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-with-gaming-pc-290611.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I Like? Rig Look My Gaming How's was curious how you guys think my gaming rig will perform I want to say that I was going to get the Ivy Bridge Core i K but upon seeing it s been delayed until June I think I m gonna go ahead and get the Sandy Bridge K Do you guys think I should wait or not The only thing I am waiting on is the GeForce GTX to come out Here s my rig http secure newegg com WishList PublicWishDetail aspx WishListNumber If that doesn t come up for you guys then I ll break it down by component Case COOLER MASTER HAF http www newegg com Product Product How's My Gaming Rig Look Like? aspx Item N E Motherboard MSI P A-G http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Video Card GeForce GTX or Ti PSU How's My Gaming Rig Look Like? CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU Intel Core i - How's My Gaming Rig Look Like? K Sandy Bridge http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E So this is my proposed gaming rig From what I ve read personally it looks like IB will be about to faster than SB on some applications The only thing I must wait on is Kepler so I d like to get the but I may have to get a Ti Here s the way I like to do things now I usually do a full upgrade every to years I might not always upgrade my PSU and I rarely upgrade my case my current case is years old an old Antec case I upgrade my video card every years When I do things like this I m usually able to play all the current games out at their highest setting or nearly the highest settings with all games So I m looking to be able to play any current and upcoming games with this proposed rig for years before I upgrade the video card and to years after that I ll do a full upgrade minus the case next time and possibly the PSU So what do you guys think IB isn t going to be that much faster than SB right nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 5.6Ghz (Overclocked)
Water Cooling: XSPC water cooling kit, 360mm Xspc rad, Pump, Reservior, Red high end coolant that doesnt need cleaning for a year.
Rams: 8GB Gskill Ripjaw X 4 x 2GB @ 2133Mhz @ 1.6v
Hard Drive: 2x 750GB WD Caviar Black edition, Dual Proccessor HDD
Graphics Card: 2x Nvdia GeForce GTX 570, SLI (Both cards Overclocked @ 800/1000/1600, 100% stable for 24/7, 78c Max temp)
MotherBoard: Asrock Fatality P67 Gaming Gear, Professional series (6x Sata 3.0, Premium Gold Caps, 5x Usb 3.0, 2x Lan ports.)
Casing: NZXT Phantom, Red, Full tower, with NZXT red sleeve kit
Power Supply: Hec Cougar GX 1050w, Modular cables, 80+ Gold! (Maximum power output of 1200w)

is this rig good? im planning on buying this from e-bay..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-rig.1043877/
Relevancy 25.8%

Not sure if this goes in the XP section of the gaming one, anyway i just bought pro evolution 2008, when i go to install it it says that " The operating system is not adequate for running pro evolution 2008". Can anyone help me with this please.

Im using windows XP 64.
my spec easily meets the game.

A:XP- Gaming

How long since you updated windows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-gaming-193739.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi

I've put together a gaming PC with some help from the buying guide here on Techspot, now I'd like to know if the components will work together/if something is totally wrong...

Motherboard: ASROCK S1155 P67 DDR3 SATA6 USB3 GBE ATX
CPU: INTEL CORE I5-2500K 3.3G 6M LGA1155 BOX
Graphics: CLUB 3D HD 6850 PCIE 1GB DDR5 COOLSTREAM
Sound: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer (soundcard really necessary? or can I save some money and skip it without too much trouble?)
Storage: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 12 1TB SATA3 7.2K 32MB
SSD: CORSAIR FORCE 3 60GB 2.5" SATA3
Memory: CORSAIR DDR3-1600 2*4G CL9 KIT XMS3+CHS
Case: CM ELITE 430 MID TOWER BLACK
Power: CM GX PSU 650W 12CM ATX12V2.31 80+BRONZ
Optical: OPTI 5280S DL DVDRW 24X BLACK SATA

Budget is a little stretched, can I save some bucks somewhere without too much negative impact on performance?

Regards

A:New gaming PC

You can definitely do without the sound card imo. Its really a terrible time to buy Hard Drives now as well, they've essentially tripled in price since the floods. I'd say if you have a spare Hard Drive to use that for now until prices come down some. I'd personally hold off on the HD and just upgrade my SSD choice http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148442 is pretty cheap rite now. Besides that great choices on components, have fun

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-pc.175417/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I'd like to know if there is any way to map the right alt key to a videogame nbsp I play League of Legends among other games which as a left-handed player- requires me to use my right hand on the keyboard That is why I need to use the right Alt key among others like right control right shift etc However as I load my game and try to change my control settings mapping such buttons is impossible I've also tried using Sharpkeys to make that Right Alt key behave like a left one but it Alt I for gaming? the How Right key can use won't let me do so nbsp nbsp I believe this has to do with this button's action style When I press Right Alt it kind of stays locked or pressed until I press the next key and I believe it is traduced as a Alt next key I'd like to know if How can I use the Right Alt key for gaming? there's ANY way to remove such function and make the Right Alt work as if I was pressing Left Alt or at least any other button possible nbsp All I'd like to do is use said button on videogames How can this be done nbsp nbsp Also I have already tried changing from US keyboard to US interantional keyboard to even UK and Latin america ones and nothing happened Please help me Solving this will allow me to play my games to my full extent which is why I bought this incredibly expensive OMEN in the first place nbsp nbsp Thank you very much Francisco nbsp note id also like to add that im not sure i this pc has the x or x version of windows Im not really sure how to check it Solved View Solution

A:How can I use the Right Alt key for gaming?

No worries. Try the League of Legend forum. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-can-I-use-the-Right-Alt-key-for-gaming/td-p/5762256
Relevancy 25.8%

Okay this is the second time with a different game this is happening at very specific points in the game My Laptop's screen blacks out and goes off the computer stays on with lights and stuff but the screen just stays off like when you put off a pc but the fans keep running I then have to forcefully power my pc off to put off the entire system I don't think this has anything to do with my Laptop's temperature as I've just had the vents and Off PC Gaming While Going heat sinks ventilated recently also cause the laptop goes off at just one scene in a particular mission in both games Assassins Creed and Far Cry I don't think its my PC's specs either cause I went through the requirements of these games before getting them Please help me I've not been able to go past the stages in the game where my PC goes off My Laptop's specs HP Envy M - DX AMD A - M GHz GB RAM PC Going Off While Gaming Windows PC Going Off While Gaming -bit

A:PC Going Off While Gaming

We'll see what we can do.

Update the games to the latest patches, if they are not already in that state.

Then please see this thread, run the tool and post (in this thread) the results it gives, regardless of whether or not you've even had a bsod ever:

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/38815-pc-going-off-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 25.8%

hey i have friends that having gaming computers and i new Also to gaming PC wanted to get my own I decided to order from IBuypower com and i customized my PC Please tell me if what i got Also new to gaming PC is Also new to gaming PC good for gaming Case Standard ATX Mid-Tower Also new to gaming PC Case w W Power Supply no side window Black Silver -Tone Case Lighting None Power Supply Standard Case Power Supply Processor AMD Athlon X Dual-Core CPU w HyperTransport Technology Processor Cooling Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink Motherboard MSI K N SLI-F NVIDIA nForce -SLI MCP Chipset w Sound Gb LAN S-ATA Raid USB Dual PCI-E MB Memory MB MB X DDR - PC Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GS With TurboCache Supporting MB w DVI TV Out Video Video Card Brand Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA Hard Drive GB HARD DRIVE Serial-ATA-II Gb RPM M Cache nd Hard Drive None External Raid Hard Drives USB eSATA None CD DVD Drive None CD-RW DVD-RW Drive Special X Dual Format Double Layer DVD R RW CD-R RW Drive Beige Sound Card D Premium Surround Sound Onboard Speaker System W PMPO PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System Network Card Onboard LAN Network Gb or Floppy Drive None Monitor LCD Monitor Viewsonic quot Widescreen Q wb TFT LCD Monitor x w Fast ms Video Rsponse Black nd Monitor None Keyboard PS Key Windows Keyboard Beige Mouse Logitech Optical Internet Mouse Black USB Accessories Build-in USB Ports Meter Display None Flash Media Reader Writer -In- Internal Flash Media Card Reader Writer Beige Operation System None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only Media Center Remote Control amp TV Tuner None IEEE- Fire Wire Card None USB Flash Drive None TV Tuner None Video Camera None Headset None Power Protection None Printer None Printer Cable None Warranty Warranty Service Standard -Year Limited Warranty Lifetime Technical Support Rush Service Rush Service Fee not shipping fee No Rush Ship Out in Business Days Please let me know if what i got is good for gaming Also I am also thinking about getting a wireless internet Do you guys think that this is a good choice for gaming Thank you nbsp

A:Also new to gaming PC

I cannot recommed wireless to anyone.

To put it simply, wireless is half the speed of internet through a cable, because cables can send/receive data at the same time.

However, wireless sends, acknowledges, then receives. So no, do not get that. I recommend some form of broadband.

And whats the pricing of the pc you bought?

edit: Wireless is used for laptops and convenience. Scour the internet with it, nothing more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/also-new-to-gaming-pc.82834/
Relevancy 25.8%

Are these good parts for a Gaming PC? (Buying on Amazon)

EVGA GTX 660 Signature2 LE 3GB

Core i3 2120

ASRock Z77 Pro 3

Lite-On DVD-RW

WD Blue - 1TB

Kingston HyperX 8GB

Corsair CX500

NZXT Source 210
--Thanx, m3owm1x3r

A:Sub-$700 Gaming PC

Seems like a great build.

The i3 is something I'd be itchy about, but for gaming it should do fine.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/16553-sub-700-gaming-pc.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey looking for a good psu for gaming.
Under 50 and >350 watts
Thanks !

Relevancy 25.8%

Is this setup a good setup? Ill be using this pc for mainly gaming and recording gameplay

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2A7NUOW0CKKLW/ref=topnav_lists_1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-pc.1115836/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys, these BSOD's have occured when playing blu ray and gaming!
Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.
I have tried to open the dump files but cannot find the right program, any help where i may find it would be gratefully recieved.
Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks in anticipation
Keven

A:blu ray & gaming

Have found sticky and had a look at files, not sure what the first one is. But have uninstaled punkbuster to help combat the 2nd bsod dump, which fits in as I was gaming online with a punkbuster game at the time.
the first time i was playing a blu ray dvd, and may be connected to local power dips we are experiencing at the mo.
any thoughts are welcome still.
p.s. I have updated sound card driers to win 7 support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/33206-blu-ray-gaming.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi, I'm thinking of building my first gaming pc this summer (3 months from now). I live in Spain so the prices may be different. Tell me please how good my PC will be, what changes would you make to be better without exceeding the Budget. My budget is 650Euros. I'm NOT going to overclock.

The Nvidia GTX 700 series (780 - 770) are out. In 4 days Intel Haswell are announced. What happens in 3 months? Will prices go down?

I was thinking this:

CPU: Intel i5 3470 ( 170Euro ) or AMD FX-8320 ( 150Euro )

CPU Fan: Stock

Motherboard: AsRock B75M R2.0 ( 63Euro ) or AsRock 970 Extreme 4 ( 90Euro)

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB ( 60Euro )

Graphics Card: Sapphire 7870 Ghz Edition ( 200Euro)

RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 2x4GB ( 60Euro)

PSU: Nox Nx series 620W ( 40Euro )

Case: Nox NX-3 ( 35Euro)

TOTAL: INTEL: 628EURO ------ AMD: 635EURO

Relevancy 25.8%

hi,
today I'm going to re-install Windows on my second pc. It has got:

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @1.86 GHz
- 3 GB DDR2 Dual-Channel @667 MHz
- Asus P5LP-LE motherboard
- Ati Radeon HD 4870 X2 (actually using only 1 core)
- 600W PSU
- 300 GB Hard Drive @7200 rpm
- Windows 7 Professional 32 bit

my question is: what is the best OS for gaming on this pc? My choiches are:

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Windows XP Professional 32 bit
Windows XP Professional 64 bit

A:what is the best OS for gaming on this rig?

Hi,

It depends entirely on the games - they need to be compatible with the OS. As a rule of thumb, I would recommend Windows 7 32 bit because:

you only have 3GB RAM (64 bit won't give you any more benefit)
Windows 7 will allow you to run many applications under compatibility mode
Again, check the specific game requirements - they ultimately dictate the OS used.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265090-what-best-os-gaming-rig.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone im building a new gaming pc for pc new gaming and just wanted your guys opinion on the set up im thinking of going for and if it will all work together as this is still kinda new to new pc for gaming me and new pc for gaming also if i can improve it within new pc for gaming my budget of around - PS Im not interested in overclocking so dont worry about that Motherboard http www scan co uk products asus ta-raid-pcie- - x -dvi-d-hdmi-d-sub-atx-us Processor http www scan co uk products - hz- -gt-s-dmi- mhz-gpu- mb-smart-cache- x- Graphics Card http www aria co uk SuperSpecials raphics Card FREE GAMES productId RAM http www scan co uk products gb pc - - -non-ecc-cas- - - - -xmp- v Power Supply http www ebay co uk itm Powercool omputing PowerSupplies EH amp hash item f Hard Drive http www ebuyer com -seagate- gb-momentus-xt-ssd-st lx not sure what case yet but im edging towards this one http www xcase co uk Zalman-Z -UK-p case-zalman-z htm Alltogether it works out around not including P amp P What do you guys think could i do better is that good enough to play new games on high settings nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%
Relevancy 25.8%

Greetings!

I'm going through dad's old computer parts and want to rebuild a 90's gaming machine. There's a lot of crap in store, so I tried to do as much research as I could on the parts, but I'm still not entirely sure. So I'm going to list the specs, and I need some opinions! If you're familiar with late 90s gaming, hopefully you can judge whether or not this would have been considered high end at the time. Alright...

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 450 (450 MHz)
Memory: 128 MB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Video card: ATI Rage 128 Magnum (32 MB VRAM)
Monitor: 1024x768 LCD
Sound card: Sound Blaster Live! Value 5.1
Motherboard: Some generic Intel board.
Case: Some old beige case.

There it is! I'm looking to play old games like Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, etc. Should I expect to get decent framerates on the highest settings with these specs?

A:90's Gaming PC

You will be able to run those games fine. You are above the minimum requirements. I can not exactly tell you what framerates to expect, but they will be at a very playable rate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/90s-gaming-pc.1059304/
Relevancy 25.8%

Currently I built me a semi-powerful gaming computer I bought all the PC Gaming parts did my research and it loaded up perfect Played a few games and watch a few movies on netflix and everything was going good Until I turned it off and the following morning I got up turned on my computer and was surfing the web and BAM it turned off immediately I thought It was windows update so i thought nothing of it and turned it back on and soon as it turned it on a few seconds Gaming PC later it turned off by it self And If I left it alone it will restart and doing it all over again So I had to turn it of manually with the power switch in the back and I waited about minutes and it will boot up normally and MAYBE it will turn off by it self and start restarting itself over and over again Until I flip the switch i don t think its a over heating problem I think it has something to do with my bios I came across this Code http www xtremesystems org forums showthread php -ASUS-P P -series-Double-POST-at-Cold-Boot-Fix And that sounds just like my problem But of course I am not a professional by any means What do you think the problem is and if you please post any fixes nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%
Q: gaming

im playing the sims2 double deluxe well... not really playing it. It stops at 4% of its downloading and pops up an error msg the msg reads :

A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'E:/base/TSData/Res/Locale/Thai/UI/Fonts?FontStlye.ini' from the media. do you want to try to copy the file, or cancel the installation?

and i click retry but the same msg pops up again

please help me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gaming-490821.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I am looking to build a new PC This would be my first time I have a million questions I don t know much about this I ve looked into buying pre-assembled pcs but it doesn t seem worth it The other thing is the sites I was considering apparently are a terrible headache buy Looking to rig new gaming to deal with if they ship you a pc with malfunctioning hardware Thus I would like to build my own What are you Looking to buy new gaming rig going to use the PC for Gaming Software Development Specifically Dota and the upcoming Diablo How much is your budget - This is a big range I don t need top of the line products I want something that has a good performance price ratio and that will be able to run games well for the next - years Where are you located a k a fill out your profile Canada Are you willing to buy online Yes Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build Yes Here is what I currently have that I would consider reusing GPU NVidia GeForce MB Mem if I must but I would much rather upgrade meets Dota recommended GPU spec Would like an HD card HDD samsung sp c GB MB s transfer speed RPM Apparently HDDs are expensive right now because of messed up production I really don t mind re-using this I know that Main Memory accesses are very slow and if I was to purchase a HDD it would have TB store space and MB s transfer speed Will this difference affect the performance much Is main memory accessed that often while gaming or is everything stored in ram Watt PSU I don t know if any of this stuff is reusable so I will paste a few of my current system specs Motherboard Name Asus A N-E PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce Ultra AMD Hammer System Memory MB DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others I m hoping to purchase a big monitor I currently have a -inch monitor that I bought years ago that works very well Wondering what gamers out there s thoughts are on bigger monitors Another monitor would also be nice for programming I would also like a decent headset with mic Not picky with this one but I would prefer it not smother my ears does not have to be noise cancelling The cheapest speakers possible that are still acceptable for movies Have you already bought any parts No Do you have an Operating System OS Yes Windows and bit and Windows XP Would like to run the better option of windows Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup Not sure Depends on the above I would like to stay away from overclocking if possible since I don t really know how it s done and if it s a good idea if I use my PC for prolonged periods of time at once Other things I would like to mention Here is the processor I was hoping to get Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I Is this processor still too new this having a bad performance increase cost increase ratio from say one of the i s Since I would like the PC to be upgradable is this a good way to go I was looking at the TechSpot Enthusiasts PC recommendation They recommend a case Is this really necessary I don t care at all if it looks nice I just want the cheapest possible case that has proper cooling and can fit all my hardware The other thing is the sound card From my experience the onboard motherboard soundcard is usually sufficient Thoughts When buying a pre-assembled PC it usually comes with a year warranty How are warranties when you buy all the hardware separately How do you tell if the components you want are compatible with one-another Thanks so much I really appreciate any responses and that you took the time to read this nbsp

A:Looking to buy new gaming rig

The i7 2600 will probably take too much of your budget and won't give any benefit over the cheaper i5 2500 for gaming. If you get the 2500K unlocked version and a $30 aftermarket CPU cooler you can easily get a 30%+ overclock.

A $50 case will do just fine, e.g. COOLER MASTER Elite 430, but if you ever think of going SLI or Crossfire in the future you might want to get a full tower case.

Sound card is up to you, personally I couldn't live without mine but depends how much you like your music.

The problem with warranties on pre-assembled PCs is that you have to send the entire PC back, whereas if you bought the PC yourself you can just send the faulty component back. Personally I find warranties vastly overrated and overpriced, either the component is faulty to begin with or it breaks down after 3-4 years by which time it's obsolete and depreciated to 25% of its original value.

In terms of compatibility the only things you need to worry about are the motherboard, RAM and CPU. The i5/i7 2500/2600 use socket 1155 motherboards and DDR3 RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-buy-new-gaming-rig.178034/
Relevancy 25.8%

Im putting together a new gaming pc in which i plan to play most of the latest games (mainly fps). I have an approximate budget of $2000 (New Zealand dollars =P)

Heres what ive come up with:
Motherboard: Asustek P5B Deluxe Intel P965 WiFi-AP ATX *
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz
Memory: G SKILL 1 GB DDR2-800 (PC-5400)
Video Card: Sapphire X1950Pro PCIE Video Card
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S182D 18X
Case: Raidmax Sagitta Gaming Tower Case 520W
Monitor: AOC 196S 19" LCD 8ms 1280x1024 Silver

I was hoping someone could tell me if this would all work together and if not, recommend similar parts that would (within the same money bracket)

Any help would be much appreciated

A:New gaming pc

Nice system! making me wish I could afford it...

I'd recommend a better power supply, something like this. It's a very stable PSU, from what I've seen. Also, you might want to go widescreen w/your monitor; that's kind of up to you.

hope it works well for you (once youve got it built )

--kitty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-pc.63813/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I have permanent trouble to connect via Windows XP VPN to a friend to do LAN gaming Many different Game software cannot see the game created on the other side The setup is Game - PC - Router - Internet - Router - PC - Game we installed DMZ for both we put VPN LAN Gaming?? for both on the same subnet x and made sure there were no conflicts we tried to connect VPN for LAN Gaming?? to the VPN in different directions and swithc on who is starting the server but no help The following things are odd When one connects to the VPN the status of the connection shows the same IP for client and server Is that normal Also we cannot use the windows folder sharing why Is there a step-by step explanation what MUST VPN for LAN Gaming?? be VPN for LAN Gaming?? there to do LAN gaming Who has to connect Is this a server client relationship at all what other things have to be active to make everything work thanks

A:VPN for LAN Gaming??

many games over the years have required the host to remove there router. as far as using a virtual private network, i dont even know that it can be done. why not play outside the vpn? i may be wrong but i think you are making this way to hard. lan parties dont even need the internet. you all just hook into 1 router or hub and have the host create a new server and boom-your racin or killin or whatever. what game are you trying to play?

are you sure you mean lan gaming or are you trying to play over the internet? lan is if you are all in the same room with your computers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vpn-for-lan-gaming-31825.html
Relevancy 25.8%

having problem with games running on my familys network....we have dsl but...im runnning wirelesss to my room....anyone know of a gaming rerouter or gaming booster to help make it run better....any help would be awsome

Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys,
I was going to upgrade my cpu for the sole purpose of gaming.
Problem is my budget is limited.
Here are my current specs :

Intel core 2 duo E7200 2.53 GHz
Intel DG31PR motherboard
2 GB RAM
Zotac GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB
250 GB Hard Disk space
And some unknown junk power supply which i'm changing anyway...

After my upgrade, my cpu'll look something like this:

Same processor and motherboard
4 GB RAM ( old 2 GB + 2 GB)
eVGA GTX 275
Corsair 750W power supply

Is the upgrade ok or can i get more "bang for my buck"?
And is it enough for gaming?

A:My new gaming rig

Corsair 650TX is more than enough for that.
GTX275 will be a bad joke within a month when Ati Radeon HD 5xxx series launches. Wait and get a 5870.
Get a whole new kit, especially if you currently have 2x1 GB. You get a matched pair, and if you were to go 2x1 GB + 1x2GB, you would lose dual channel capability, and if you go 4x1 GB, you can run into instability, many, many boards cause problems with all memory slots occupied.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-new-gaming-rig.861080/
Relevancy 25.8%

i was wondering which set of RAM i should buy but.. which ones would be faster for gaming and performance. out of these 2: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220293 AND http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145184.......... wouldn't it be the patriot ram since to timings and CAS latency are both lower than the corsair or the corsair because the voltage is lower?? don't even care about the prices just wanting to know which are better for gaming. This is my motherboard that i will be using for whichever ram is better. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131381

A:Which set of RAM would be better for gaming?

The patriot is faster, look at the timings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-set-of-ram-would-be-better-for-gaming.847312/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi In a few Gaming First My PC weeks months time I want to build my first PC which will be used mainly for gaming I want this PC to last some time and My First Gaming PC be completely upgradeable I have been doing some research and here is what I have come up with so far Graphics Card Mb nVidia GeForce GTX Case NZXT Guardian CS-NT-GD -B Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case PSU SilverStone Strider ST F W Motherboard Asus P T SE CPU Intel Core i GHz RAM x Kingston HyperX Memory GB DIMM -pin DDR MHz HDD I will be using the one in my old PC which is gb SATA DVD CD Drive Can I use the one from my old PC Details below Brand Philips Type DVD RW Dual Layer Drive Model DVD Form Factor Half-height quot IDE Interface IDE ATAPI I will be using the onboard sound at first Is there any components better than on the list that s cheaper or not much more expensive Is everything compatible Am I missing anything Any other recommendations Thanks for any help Sorry for all the questions nbsp

A:My First Gaming PC

The memory QVL is located here just input your operating system.

http://asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=t4yhK6y9W9o7iQ9E&templete=2

This doesn't mean that other memory will not work with your board, the QVL list is just a list of memory that has been tested and found acceptable to use on that board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-first-gaming-pc.834991/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello

i have a gaming pc that i out together and i want to upgrade pretty much all of it.

current specs

MSI SDRAM Motherboard
1 GIG of ram
Pent 4 2.0 GHz
Wester Dig 120 gig HDD
Nvidia GeForce 6800
5.1 card

things i am going to buy, but cant decide on a motherboard

BFG Tech BFGR78256GTXOC Geforce 7800GTX 256MB
the reason i dont want ATI is because installing drivers can be a pain, my cousin has one and i dont like it, i love my older Nvidia.

i need advice on a motherboard and also
i am going to use the same hdd, sound card and of course new ram going for 4 gigs total and i dont know if i should get a new CPU.

thank you

A:Gaming Pc

If you're wanting a GAMING computer:

1. Have you considered switching to the Athlon lineup? Not really necessary, as a fast Pentium is also very sweet, but the Athlons do tend to perform a little better in gaming.
2. You won't need 4Gb of ram. 2Gb (dual channel) is really the max you'll ever need.

You mention being uncertain as to whether or not you should upgrade your CPU... I'd say yes. Yours is a little dated. It wouldn't make sense to have a 7800GTX and 4Mb of ram with a 2Ghz CPU. It would be a huge bottleneck on your system.

If you want, give us your budget, and a list of exactly what you would need and we can try and put together your system with you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc.44521/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello, I'm thinking on upgrading my pc, so i want to start with a graphic card. Mine at the moment is Radeon Hd 4800. So I'm thinking on buying between
ASUS HD5450-SL-2GD3-L / AMD Radeon HD 5450 / PCI-E 2.1 / 2GB DDR3 / 64-bit / Core 650 MHz / Memo 900 MHz / D-Sub / DVI-D / HDMI / HDCP / Low Profile or
ZOTAC GeForce GT 610 Synergy Edition, 1GB DDR3, (64 Bit), DVI, HDMI, LitePack. Btw if my mother board run Radeon Hd 4800 should it run these ones too?

Relevancy 25.8%

hi, i have had my computer for about 4 mounths now and its a p6210f hp. i like to play computer game and now when i try to play a game abery 5 mins it lags out. i have no clue and it just started. its never done this before and it nuthing to do with m,y network because i unplugd it and it still did it!

help please

A:gaming lag

have you installed anything on it lately? it sounds like there's a process that's running in the background that's causing this all of a sudden.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-lag.916261/
Relevancy 25.8%

Basically the title says it but here are the details my box at the moment Mobo gaming GPU a Need for Asus P Q Deluxe CPU Intel Q Kentsfield FSB MHz w clock speed of Ghz quad RAM OCZ DDR gig kit HDD WD Gb Case Lian-Li PC-B GPU Asus EAH ATI HD to be replaced with a new one PSU Coolermaster Real Power Pro W Okay so I built this computer exacty months ago It s pretty high end Need a GPU for gaming excepts for Need a GPU for gaming the gpu ofcourse but that s because I Need a GPU for gaming sort of ran out of money and didn t need a great GPU at the time Things have changed I think I may have burnt out my cheap dollar GPU a bit from overclocking it Evidently because after I OC d my system froze up the screen went all funny colours and my machine rebooted Ever since then gameplay has become increasingly poor every game i play has to be on the lowest graphical settings and it still lags tl dr To cut to the chase i want to buy a new GPU I want a decent one to play games in high detail such as COD COD FO oblivion etc excepts i don t want to spend too much - say AUD is my budget I will probably buy from MSY http www msy com au Parts PARTS pdf or Umart http www umart com au Please help me choose a suitable GPU because i m not very knowledgable in this area I think i like ATI but tell me i m wrong if you have to Thanks EDIT i forgot to add the PSU nbsp

A:Need a GPU for gaming

MSY: "512M 4870 Generic / ASUS 339 / 359" Great choice if you're willing to give the extra 39, will be great for gaming.
If you don't want to give the extra to it (no real need, 4850/9800GTX+ will run those games fine (my rig with the lowly athlon 64x2 5600 and radeon 4850 runs them at high and 1600x1200 resolution just fine), then: http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=82&bid=2&sid=34325 or http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&bid=2&id2=82&sid=36340

Only real difference between Ati and nVidia cards is that the Radeon lack the PhysX capability, which is a nice gimmick, but most of the time not worth the extra cost.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-gpu-for-gaming.801924/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi, I doanloaded Lara Croft Go on my Lenovo Z50-70 laptop which plays just fine using the keyboard.
I bought Xbox 360 controller of Ebay thinking it may be better than using the keyboard but after pluging it in the usb port I found I could not play the game with it.
Was I wrong thinking I could play games on my laptop with a controller or do I need to find the right games to download/buy.

A:New to PC Gaming

Well Maxal welcome to the forums. As far as I know only controllers made for pc work on computers. Unless this XBOX 360 controller was the PC compatable one. Also some controllers are made only for certain games. I'm not familier with the game you are playing but I'm sure someone else would be able to help you more.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/33466-new-pc-gaming.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I have Windows XP 32, and have 4 GB of RAM but 32 bit only recognizes about 3 GB of this RAM, now if I were to play a game say like GTA IV, would GTA IV be able to use that extra 1 GB of RAM that XP 32 bit doesn't see?
Thanks
Ken

A:Gaming and 4 GB of RAM

Nope, you'd have to get a 64 bit version of Windows to get Windows or any Windows based software to address more then the roughly 3GB of RAM you can with the 32 bit version. But I wouldn't go out and buy a 64 bit version of Windows just to get the missing 750MB of RAM back, it won't make a difference with almost any game out today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-and-4-gb-of-ram.783129/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi friends I m going to build a gaming rig amp I m short-listing here all the components I m going to buy plz suggest if I ve overlooked anything AMD FX plz don t suggest Intel as I just can t stand that brand ASRock Extreme MoBo Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM x GB SSD - Samsung Series GB HDD - Seagate Barracuda TB amp TB amp my old WD GB Cooler Master TPC CPU Cooler Lite On BD Writer NZXT Phantom Series full tower cabinet last but not the least thinking of PSU - Cooler Master GX W is it compatible with will it be enough for a little gaming note that I m not planning to overclock at all but want to make it future-proof as best as A gaming new rig I can somewhere I read that this particular PSU is compatible only with Intel is that true if so plz suggest a similar or better PSU for my rig am I missing something what else do I need to complete my rig yesterday I posted this same question but apparently it vanished from the forum I tried hard to find it but couldn t so I m posting again amp if my previous post is A new gaming rig still alive then very very sorry for my double-post plz help me friends waiting for ur valuable reply I m just a noob here amp also in building rigs so if I m doing anything wrong plz bare with me God bless u all oh forgot to mention I m using Win Ultimate -bit amp my graphics card is Nvidia GeForce not going to change it for some time nbsp

A:A new gaming rig

1 request. plz suggest me good & trusted online shopping sites & if remotely possible then from India. bcoz not many sellers sell world-wide & I'm an ebay member, but I do not trust them with costly items. several times they failed me. (read cheated me intentionally & I couldn't do a thing about it !!!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-gaming-rig.191125/
Relevancy 25.8%

Could someone reccomend a good gaming rig for about 1000 dollars. i heard bad reviews about alienwar and cyberpower
i've also looked into dell, vigor, and avadirect
what would you reccomend
i am aiming to be able to play very well most games for around the next 2 years
i am thinking of getting a good dual core processor
maybe either two good crossfire cards or one top notch graphics card
and probably either 2 or 4 gigs of ram
i don't really need huge sata drives or quad processors or 3 way sli or tons of memory
mostly i'm aiming for good processor and graphics card because those are i think the necessary parts for gaming

A:Gaming Rig Help

Well, as long as you get a good motherboard and power supply you should be able to keep up for a while, upgrading when you need to, however you may have trouble in 2 years with the new processors coming out next year and games are going to get a lot tougher to run. You really cant trust a large manufacturer to give you a gaming computer that will last you 2 years at the top, especially if your budget is $1000... I would suggest to get a list of parts here and go to a local computer store and ask them to build it for you (shouldn't cost you over $100) I cant suggest anything now, i gotta go

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-rig-help.758601/
Relevancy 25.8%

I didn't know where to put this thread so I put it in gaming.
I'm saving up for some parts to build a Gaming Rig but I'm unsure weather everything is compatible and i it will run really fast.
Here are the specs:

Intel Core i5-4690K, EVGA GeForce GTX 970, Corsair SPEC-02 - System Build - PCPartPicker

Thank you in advance.

A:Gaming Rig Just right?

First thing that stands out to me is I would not go with minimum PSU. Not the place to try and save a few bucks. Also if a big gamer may be better off with a smaller SSD (128GB) just for OS then a 7200rpm spinner for your games.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/67801-gaming-rig-just-right.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Ive just got a new computer LAN gaming and im trying to play far cry LAN gaming over LAN but ive got a few problems one comp is connected to my motorola router through ethernet and other is connected to router via usb both are running xp pro and then network is set up so i can ping each computer as well as map drives etc tcp ip is also enabled when i create a LAN game on one computer the other LAN gaming cant see it although i can connect using connect x in the game but once it loads the map and comes LAN gaming up with quot join players quot etc the background is just black and it freezes when i click on join i also have tried it with other games where only one computer can create a LAN game so that the other can see it but i still cannot join that game it says unable to join after trying to join for about a minute Im pretty new to this networking stuff but Im guessing that one of the computerss is blocking the other but dont know where the setting for this is im running internet security on both btw and ive allowed the applications and the other computer in trust control on both nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-gaming.557603/
Relevancy 25.8%

In US dollars, how much for a new PC that can play the current crop of games? And what are the general level of specs required?

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/304340-new-gaming-pc.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I really need help. I'm planning to buy a cheap cpu for gaming for my son and this is the specification the salesman gave me.

> Intel E3300 (2.5G) 1mb 800FSB CDC
> MSI G31 TM-P31 G31 Vpcie/S/L
> Kingston 2GB 667/800 ddr2
> Sparkle 9500GT 1gb ddr2 128bit
> 320 Western digital SATA
> Creative SB 5.1 VX PCI

I want to know if the specification is good for gaming like Bioshock, far Cry 2, Resident evil like that.?
What O.S. should i use Xp pro or Window 7? I'm new in building cpu so pls. bear with me.

Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I'm looking to build a Gaming Rig for around 200-350. I have the monitor, mouse, graphics card and keyboard sorted but I would like some advise with the rest. So far I have chosen:
Motherboard
ASUS M4A88TD-M USB3 AMD 880G Motherboard

CPU

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor

RAM

Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM

Hard Drive

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

DVD Burner

ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD Burner

Case

Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Mid Tower Case

Power Supply

Cooler Master GX Series 650W
Can anyone suggest any cheaper/cost effective parts that wont blow the budget and the cheapest place to buy them. Also can someone tell me that everything listed will fit together and is compatible. Thanks in advance chaps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-new-gaming-rig.1012655/
Relevancy 25.8%

I got Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit installed everything was going great, I was playing Dying Light and it was buttery smooth. Then I accidentally got malware and everything hit rock bottom. I tried to clean up everything with Avast, Malwarebytes and CCleaner but i am still experiencing horrible performance. What can I do to fix this? Help is much appreciated!!! Thank you!

Here are my specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Sandisk Solid State Drive 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

A:New Gaming PC 0 fps :(

Follow the instructions here> NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-gaming-pc-0-fps-962369.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Whats the cheapest gaming pc u can build ? thats future proof aswell

A:Help with gaming pc

Hey there, What sort of games would you be wanting this computer to play? Trouble is when you say futureproof that instantly makes the price go up massively and also no one knows that the future really holds when it computers to computers so anything could happen. You could aim to build a computer that would play all the latest games at high settings now and in a year it may only be able to play the latest games at medium settings.

Jack-O-Bytes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-gaming-pc.991060/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi sir , i just wants a good gaming experience on my hp pavilion dv3 entertainment notebook pc , i just wants to know that which just of softwares or drivers you recommend for the best gaming experience or any specified drivers for my pc

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/gaming/td-p/5778713
Relevancy 25.8%
Q: Gaming.

ey. Well i have Window's 7 and just got a new hp desktop. And i play games that work with Java software. And on the games i cant type letters, its only types numbers like "asdfghjkl" would come out like "123456789" can you help me out?

A:Gaming.

Is numbers lock on? If so try turning it off, then hold down on the shift key when turning it back on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gaming-588778.html
Relevancy 25.8%

So I've got Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - 32bit
My Pc specs are: AMD Athlon x2 4450e
3GB of DDR2 Ram 663 Mhz (or something close)
250 GB Sata 7200 RPM HDD
EVGA GeForce GT 220
1GB DDR3 PhysX OpenCL and 3D
over clocked to [1001Mhz Core Clock] [2180Mhz Shader Clock]
[1970Mhz Memory Clock]
When I play NFS Carbon With these settings it lags on Maximum only ges 25-35 FPS 28 AVG
On the other hand playing on XP with these same specs one thing different is the EVGA Nvidia GeForrce 7200 GS 512mb DDR2 512mhz Core and 734 Memory clock "not those settings for the 7200 are already OC" With a self built fan on it
it Gets 30-40 FPS 32 AVG which is very strange.

My Power supply is 400 Watts I got nothing else besides 1 graphic card at a time and a dvd drive.

A:Gaming on W7

Ok first, you are talking of two different systems. I can tell as you do not have both of those video cards in the same system.

On your W7 system, what is set to startup automatically?
What is the motherboard that you are using?
What is the make and model of your power supply?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gaming-on-w7-533850.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys, I recently bought a pre-built gaming desktop. I usually get 40-45*C when idle, and around 60-70*C when playing games like Skyrim or Crysis 2. Is it normal?

CPU: AMD FX-4100 Quadcore

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 Midi Tower black, 1X 120mm fan, Blue LEDs
Motherboard: M5A78L- M LX V2

GPU: Sapphire radeon 6870
RAM: 4GB 1333 Mhz
Power supply: Silver Power SP-SS500 500W

Any idea how I can keep the temperature down?

This is what I got after play Crysis 2 for around 45 minutes:

A:Too hot for gaming?

I wouldn't say those temps are horrible and will kill your system. However, staying cool will usually prolong the life of your parts and prevent all sorts of weird issues.
Take a look here: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...art-I-cleanliness-is-next-to-coolness.180136/
You may find some ways to lower temps. There's also a part 2 of that guide and you can find it in the "guides" section of the forum.
Hope this helps!

Oh and btw are you experience any overheating symptoms? ie. crashes, restarts, bsod's, FPS drop, etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/too-hot-for-gaming.183671/
Relevancy 25.8%

I know about nothing when it comes to ordering computer parts but I managed to scrap this together from other threads does it look decent compatible like parts are not would gaming I with rig help 500$ like available right now so gt gt My goal is to get a gaming rig that I can get smooth fps with gta iv source games and maybe even screen record though that is not a big issue I also am not really a sound quality fiend so I do not need a soundcard right now as I will probably be ordering one later when I have more money I don t even have enough money for this but close Ill also steal the cd drive from this computer and an extra I have Case http www newegg 500$ gaming rig I would like help with com Product Product aspx dred Illusion Processor 500$ gaming rig I would like help with http www newegg com Product Product aspx - - -Product Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx N E Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx - - -Product Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx CZ SXS W RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx DDR - - - - HD http www newegg com Product Product aspx - - -Product nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

I currently have this computer:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...=us&docname=c01859815&product=4007333&lang=en

I've bought some games off of Steam (Empire: Total War and Tropico 3) and they run well, but I was wondering if someone could tell me if the computer is good enough for gaming (overall). If not, what can I change. I'm a complete noob at this point and really need some help. Thanks in advance.

I don't want anything too big. Just something good enough to run at least most, if not all, games on medium. Thanks in advance.

A:I want to get into PC gaming, please help.

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/
Here you go amigo :]
This site is literally made to tell you if your computer passes the minimum / recommended requirements to play the game on high quality with good performance.

This will make it much easier for you to find out.
(There is a drop down list of almost all games)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-get-into-pc-gaming-please-help.941696/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey everyone I have recently installed a broadband system at my house The ISP have provided me with a modem so I have connected the modem TCP/IP Gaming to a hub along with two other computers This way I am able to access internet from both computers and share files between them No problems there However I encounter problems when trying to host a TCP IP game Whenever I host my freinds are unable to see me However I am able to connect to them I have tried turning all my firewall systems however the problem is still there I have tried giving my freinds both my WAN IP and the static IP given to me by the ISP however in both cases I was not visible to my freinds and they were not able to connect to me Does anyone know a possible solution to this problem TCP/IP Gaming Or a way to find where the problems lies Thank you very much in advance nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Ok so I have a list the best of the ones that I know which fit to my liking with the smoothing and skiting I want it to be smooth as SteelSeries SX cause it was the best but after - years of sets they are not making it anymore and what I have has lost the smoothing on some areas which is annoying the middle areas So I am looking for the best one to buy and it must support Laser mice cause I saw that some aren t or ppl say they doesn t work as good with optical SteelSeries SP The gaming best pad? Gaming MousePad SteelSeries S amp S Pegasus Rigid Gaming Mouse Pad SteelSeries HD Mionix Sargas Material Durable smooth and flexible microfiber http mionix net products sargas- Mionix Propus Material PVC-plastic base http mionix net products propus- Mionix Ensis Material Aluminium alloy http mionix net products The best gaming pad? ensis- and is this glidez are better than the SteelSeries ones The best gaming pad? MIONIX GAMING MOUSE GLIDEZ MOUSE FEET - ACC-GLIDEZ I am The best gaming pad? preferring the Mionix Ensis cause its aluminum just like the SteelSeries SX so it s like even better and cheaper http mionix net products ensis- The thing is what is better for Laser Mices Cloth - Plastic - aluminum nbsp

A:The best gaming pad?

Plastics are the best for lasers, I have a g700 also and use a standard anti-static mat from office depot for my mouse, I like the slight pull it take to get the mouse moving. You really have to try them until you like one, everyone likes a different feel.There are even differences into the smooth gliding ones. Mionix Propus 380 looks good to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-best-gaming-pad.185795/
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm new to posting here, so if this is the wrong section, I do apologise. I am thinking about getting a basic gaming computer for games and demanding tasks such as HD video editing. I am looking into purchasing this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/4170-QUAD-C...NLQC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1348519729&sr=8-8 Would it be a good choice?

A:New ~£400 gaming PC

That's not very good value for 380, it doesn't even come with Windows. You'll get a much better system if you're willing to build it yourself, what's your budget?

The FX-4170 is not going to be good enough for video editing/encoding, it's not even a real quad core processor. For gaming you should be looking at a 6850/6870 or GTX 650 to play at medium/high settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-%C2%A3400-gaming-pc.185643/
Relevancy 25.8%

Which of the two computers would be better for playing games?

Option 1:
Desktop PC
HP Pavilion w1907s
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 4000+ 2.60GHz
2.00 GB RAM
32-bit
1440x900
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

Option 2:
Laptop
HP Compaq Preario CQ71
Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz 2.10GHz
4.00 GB RAM
64-bit
1600x900
Intel 4 Express Chipset Family (or something similar)

A:Which is better gaming PC?

Well, the laptop is likely using shared video memory and a more anemic video card. In addition, the T4300 is no speed demon, so I'd have to lean to the desktop.

Truthfully, neither of these is all that suited for today's demanding games.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-is-better-gaming-pc.920566/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello, I din't know where to put my build so I put it here. Take a look:

Intel Core i5-4690K, MSI GeForce GTX 970, Corsair SPEC-02 - System Build - PCPartPicker

I'm a bit confused on the power supply side of things. Should I get a more wattage PSU? An 80+ Gold PSU? Any recommended PSU's that no more than 80$?
Thanks in advance.

A:Gaming Rig Everything right?

The graphics card requires a "minimum" of 500W power supply GeForce GTX 970 | Specifications | GeForce
You are buying a 500W power supply so you have very little wiggle room if you add anything else later ( another drive, etc.).
I would step up to the Corsair CX750M PS. Amazon.com: corsair 750w power supply

Also it doesn't look like your optical drive supports Blu-ray (BD).

Otherwise - that is going to a nice system. Enjoy

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/68029-gaming-rig-everything-right.html
Relevancy 25.8%

hey can anyone please tell me that , can I play games like crysis 3, battlefield 4 and thief with graphic card geforce 940m with 720p and 1080p resolutions . Is HP pavilion ab 030tx a good notebook for gaming.

Relevancy 25.8%

can you have a pc hd gaming experience? do you need a perticular monitor?
can games like gears of war be ran in hd?
help!!!!!!!!!!

A:HD PC gaming?

Almost any new game can be run in HD.
To run a game in HD, you need a monitor with a resolution of 1280 x 720 or better (1920 x 1080 would be full HD). You also need a graphics card capable of those resolutions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-pc-gaming.125300/
Relevancy 25.8%

this: iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 505 Desktop PC - AMD AthlonIIx2 240 Processor, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, 22x DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 / Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade

or...

this:Visionman WGMI-1NG701 Gaming PC - Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180, 2GB DDR2, 250GB, DVDRW Lightscribe, NVIDIA 9500GT, NO OS, 585 Watts

i found these both at TigerDirect if you wanna look there to see the specs. i cant post the links yet

i only have about a $500 limit

A:Which one of these is best for gaming?

Hi smelly,
what type of games and at what resolution are you wanting to or expecting to game at?
BTW welcome to Techspot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-one-of-these-is-best-for-gaming.136660/
Relevancy 25.8%

sup everyone.

Im about to build a new gaming rig.

So far it looks like this.

CPU : Core i5 I5-750 8 MB (Intel Boxed)
Cpu Cooler : (need some advise here)
M/B : need help here aswell)
Ram : Corsair Dominator 4 x 2 GB DDR3
Video : Sapphire RADEON HD 5850 (1 GB). (should i take 2 or just stick with 1 card, or should i pick something different?)
PSU : thinking 600 - 700W dunno what to pick here.

anyone able to lend a hand with this ?

thanks

A:New gaming PC

The first thing anyone is definitely going to ask you is what is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-pc.136687/
Relevancy 25.8%

I was just wondering of someone could give me some tips on which would be better for "GAMING".

A high end 775 motherboard with a high end core 2 duo cpu,

or an x58 mobo with the cheapest i7 cpu??

thanks.

A:X58 vs 775 - Gaming?

x58 with the i7 920.

You can overclock with it too, just takes some tweaking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/x58-vs-775-gaming.116068/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am planning on building a decent gaming rig with my tax return next year My budget is around but could change Depends on what the boss wife says lol I am hoping that all of these parts will work well together Here it is CPU AMD Phenom II x BE Ghz http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Motherboard Asus Crosshair III Formula http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM G Skill GB DDR http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E PSU Raidmax Hybrid W Modular http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Disk Drive MSI x DVD Burner http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Case XCLIO Windtunnel ATX Full Tower http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Total Price I am hoping that Gaming Rig $1,000 all of this will be sufficiently $1,000 Gaming Rig powered by the W PSU I am thinking so but not positive Will be getting another after awhile for CrossFireX setup $1,000 Gaming Rig I am sure that pricing will be very different in the several months between now and tax season but will just bump some parts to better ones if I can stay in the same range Do you folks think this build will be pushing some high frame rates nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-000-gaming-rig.138573/
Relevancy 25.8%

So heres the thing it has been about years since I last built computer I was cruising through google searching for mobo info and happened upon this nice little site here I read a couple of forums and decided to join you guys seem so helpful that I thought I would ask reccomendations as to my entire system As of right now im planning on spending between and dollars I know I want to go with a quad core CPU but as of yet have not decided which model I would also like an after market CPU cooling fan the mobo people keep telling me nforce is the way to go I would like dual graphic cards built in PC, new gaming My help sound is fine like i said i havent built a rig in about years so i have no idea to whats good or not w graphic cards As for ram and memory im open My new gaming PC, help to suggestions this system has to put fallout s spec to shame hopefully and stand up to diablo when that comes out years from now or so so i would like a system thats goin to last in advance thx for the help nbsp

A:My new gaming PC, help

seems stupid not to ask i had my eye on a nice case. but I am looking for a well vented box so if you have any suggestions as to that lmk.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-gaming-pc-help.138440/
Relevancy 25.8%

hey am thinking of buying this for gaming will it run most games ok?
Intel Core i5 2500k Quad Core 6M Cache 3.30 GHz,
> 12GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 single module x3,
> 1155 ASROCK Z68 PRO 3 - Z68 chipset - 4 x DDR3 2133 - Gig Lan - SATA 2 & 3 - USB 3 & 2,
> 500GB SATA Hard Drive SATA 2,
> No Secondary Hard Drive,
> DVD+/- RW - 22X Samsung SATA,
> ATI HD 6670 1024MB PCI Express DDR DVI,
> CiT Vantage Black Midi Gaming Case HD Audio Black Interior 4 Fans Card Reader No PSU,
> CiT 500W Black Edition PSU,
> Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler,
> Integrated Sound Card,
> No Speakers,
> 18.5 Inch Cougar Extreme Wide Screen TFT,
> BCL Keypad and mini-optical mouse kit,
> Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit,

Relevancy 25.8%

Hi New PC for gaming? All I m new here and would appreciate your replies New PC for gaming? to this post I have recently purchased a newly built New PC for gaming? pc from a friend for K but I m a complete noob when it comes to hardware Can anyone tell me if the below spec is any good and more to the point will I be able to play high end PC games without my machine blowing up I have run hardware scanners aswell as noted the hardware from a spec sheet provided to me I was also told this machine was built with crossfire to make gaming much faster will it have more affect on playing games Thanks in Advance from a computer Noob Windows Ultimate Bit Gigabyte X a UD motherboard Corsair HX w PSU Intel Core i GHz GB DDR RAM G skill Ripjaw MHz TB hard drives x Raid ATI HD Video card x Crossfire DL Optical Drive x Noctua NH-D HSF CoolerMaster Cosmos S nbsp

A:New PC for gaming?

That's a very good system indeed. And a good deal.

Your PC will easily handle all games at maximum settings without breaking a sweat!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-for-gaming.141992/
Relevancy 25.8%

I seem to be having some trouble running world of warcraft in Gaming for (wow) Help PC certain situations When exploring I run about fps which is great However in a high graphics encounter even with everything PC Help for (wow) Gaming at its lowest setting I run about fps which is not so great I am not expecting fps all the time but it would be nice to have a decent frame rate when I need it the most I am not sure if something needs replacing or if I just have something set incorrectly I am not well versed in computers Any advice or assistance is appreciated Gaming Limits I am primarily a world of warcraft player I do on occasion play Dragon Age or Civilization but Wow is my main habit Budget I am moving soon so the cheaper the better however I would prefer nothing over Computer Spec CPU Name AMD Athlon X CPU Core Speed MHz MB Manufacture Dell Inc MB Model OCT A Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Memory DDR G Power Supply Dell Inc N N- V VA VB A A A Max Output Watts About Me I reside in the United States I wasn t sure PC Help for (wow) Gaming what all I was looking at so I hope I provided all you required If not just let me know and I will try again Thank you nbsp

A:PC Help for (wow) Gaming

It's most likely your Dell motherboard and its bios that is limiting your game play. Are you running XP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-help-for-wow-gaming.143463/
Relevancy 25.8%

Can anybody view this?

Google picasa web hosting

http://picasaweb.google.com/trillionsin/Computer#

Just I posting... if anyone has any questions or is curious just leave a message.

Edit: http://picasaweb.google.com/trillionsin/Computer?feat=directlink

A:Gaming PC

Yeah I can see the pictures.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc.143071/
Relevancy 25.8%

i was wonderin if anyone can find a pc for gaming for 500$ or lower

Relevancy 25.8%

look at my pc spec and tell me why it lags in games such as medieval total war 2

Relevancy 25.8%

I am building my own gaming PC with a graphics card that support DirectX 10, but I am not sure I want to go to Vista Home Premium, because I have heard that the graphics power is limited because Vista uses much more system resources for graphics than XP. My question is, what OS should I get, XP Pro or Vista Home Premium?

A:Best Gaming OS

Don't go to Vista just yet if you want gaming.

Wait for a service pack for Vista then get it.

I will stick with XP until a service pack is released.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-gaming-os.624322/
Relevancy 25.8%

Can I run the following games in my laptop and how many fps can I play with it? -left for dead 2-Garry's mod-COD: world at war-battlefield: 1943-StarCraft 2-team fortress 2-enter the gungeon-don't starve-rougue stormers-gunscape Sorry I want to really ask you guys if I can run those because I lost my trust in system requirement testers in the internet because they once told me that my netbook isn't qualified in the minimum requirement in broforce but I did played it just right.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/S20-30-gaming-help/td-p/3367000
Relevancy 25.8%

I want to buy parts for my PC to be able to play games such as; Skyrim and Shogun 2 Total War on maximum settings.

These are my current specs

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3263 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 610377 MB, Free - 206340 MB; E: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 559894 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, G31M-GS.
Antivirus: None

Could anyone recommend parts that I could purchase to allow me to play these games at max settings for around 600

Thanks

A:Gaming with PC £600 Help

Hi.

If you want to run Skyrim maxed you need a lot of upgrades. You can look at my specs in the drop down and I still can't max out the distant objects detail and shadows. Definitely need a processor and gpu. Most likely that means a new motherboard, which in turns means new memory.

I would look into 2nd generation Intel i7's (they have 4 numbers instead of 3, like 2600) or the amd FX series which is comparatively a little slower, but they are also cheaper. The AMD Phenom II processors have come down a lot in price also, and the top end versions of those are very nice.

graphics cards you want at least an nvidia GTX560 or higher. I don't know a ton about ATI cards, but I think the equivalent is the radeon 6970, I'm not 100% sure though that could be a little be better. Again though like I said, I have a gtx 560 ti and still can't max it.

Long story short though, you will be hard pressed to come in under you budget. I'm not sure on a the pounds to dolars conversion, but your looking at 250-300 for processor, and about the same for the video card. not to mention the motherboard and memory you will need to upgrade those parts. If you could find a motherboard with one of the newer sockets that supports your memory, that would be nice.
Hope this helps you some.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-with-pc-%C2%A3600-help.1030933/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys! i want to buy a new gaming pc but i dont really understand how each of components work and how to estimate their value, soo can someone build me a gaming pc by each component in the price range of 600-750 dollars(550-650 euros) Ty

A:Gaming PC, Need Help!

What games are you going to be running and what frame rate and screen size/resolution, and single or dual displays etc? More info needed.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157256.0.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm working on a Vista machine, I checked all the hardware and it seems OK. However, I am wondering whether playing graphic intensive games (to some extent) can cause the PC to turn-off and show the BSD. The only video card in this PC is the standard onboard video.

Also, the user has a 6 year old LCD monitor, can that be the cause of the auto turn-off and BSD. I did reinstall Vista, and so far all seems fine.

A:Gaming & BSD

if the computer is fine after u reinstall Vista then most likely it was a software related issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-bsd.947479/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi, I was in the business for a new gaming LCD and was wondering what the best one out there is today for under $400. I'm primarily interested in very minimal input lag. I've read the differences between TN, TFT, and IPS panels, but don't quite understand how that translates into actual input lag. If you could fill me in on the tricks companies use to achieve the specs they post, and possibly recommend some good gaming LCD monitors (24-27" 1080p), that would be appreciated Thanks in advance!

A:Best Gaming LCD out there?

I think that Asus 24" inch is a great option, they don't have a lot of models so I think that you could find it easily because I don't remember the model and I can check it out from here. It has HDMI if you want to connect your console. It is way cheaper compare to other models. $200-250 range.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-gaming-lcd-out-there.955883/
Relevancy 25.8%

hello im looking for some advice on what parts i should be looking for to go along with what i already have

i have

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400-cpu
Antec Nine Hundred-case
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA-mobo
mouse keyboard os
monitor

i was leaning towards

EVGA 512-P3-1151-TR GeForce GTS 250-video card
Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB-hard drive
LG GH22NP20-optical drive
Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W-power supply

also the budget is around $410
thanks in advance for the advice/suggestions

A:New gaming rig

Use a 64-bit Operating System, (if running Vista) and install 4 GB memory, mached to your motherboard's specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-rig.125594/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi im planning to build a gaming rig just cpu under $600(25000php) i would like a ddr3 ...what would you recommend im playing crysis warhead

thanks