Windows Support Forum

Random FPS drops in LoL and Dota 2

Q: Random FPS drops in LoL and Dota 2

For the past couple of months, I've noticed an FPS drop across all my games. I usually play games like League of Legends and DotA 2 so they aren't really CPU heavy. I thought maybe it could be overheating. This is currently my fan status:

PC Specs:
Manufacturer: HP
Processor: AMD Phenom 8550 Triple-Core 2.20 GHz
Memory: 3GB RAM
HDD: 640GB
Video Card: GeForce 9500 GS

Not great, but it should be more than capable of running these types of games, they're not high end on graphics.

I've tried cleaning inside a couple of times.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random FPS drops in LoL and Dota 2

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Random FPS drops in LoL and Dota 2

Is that reading at idle?

If so, you have some worryingly high GPU temperatures.You should try cleaning the dust from GPU fan/heatsink. The CPU temperatures are also pretty mediocre, so I'd clean the dust from that fan as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-fps-drops-in-lol-and-dota-2.189731/
Relevancy 58.05%

Seeking for help.A game maniac here.The crash happen at totally random.sometimes it happen, sometimes it don't.Could happen mid way in the game or could happen at the start of the game

A:Random BSOD when playing Dota 2 only.

It seems that you have uploaded the SF diagnostic tools itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309034-random-bsod-when-playing-dota-2-only.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm getting random BSOD usually on the main menu of DotA Sometimes my laptop restarts without any reason Sometimes in first boot of my laptop im getting black screen then I need to hard reset up to times then it will launch windows start up repair to have system restore I'm not getting these for the past few days I also reformat my laptop and still getting BSOD for opening DotA on first attempt Is it my ram gpu mobo I just want to know if its a hardware problem or software so that I can return my laptop to the shop where i bought it months old laptop bought it last July year warranty My Laptop Specs Model ASUS N SL Processor i GHz RAM GB Gskill MHz Video Card Windows Getting random usually or BSOD DotA 2. while openinng in GT m Nvidia version HDD ST AS Windows Windows bit Ultimate SP Here is my minidump I hope you can help me so that I can return this to ASUS Pls give me some advice Thanks in advance

A:Getting random BSOD in Windows or usually while openinng DotA 2.

Hello, welcome to SevenForums!

The dump you've attached points to memory corruption, most likely caused by a driver but it can be bad RAM as well.

Two tests I'd like you to run, Memtest and then Driver Verifier if Memtest comes back clean.

Quote:
Memtest:

Read the following to test your memory for errors.

Driver Verifier:

Read the following to enable Driver Verifier. Use Driver Second if Memtest finds nothing, as it's likely a software / driver issue, we just aren't being told what it is, and hopefully Driver Verifier will than force a crash if it finds the violating driver.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, my recommendation is to set a backup / restore point as in severe cases Driver Verifier can break your Windows. If you have difficulty getting into Windows, boot into Safe Mode and disable Driver Verifier there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216607-getting-random-bsod-windows-usually-while-openinng-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Specs Windows Ultimate x Retail The machine is mostly custom so I date the age of it at about - Years Story is this this kid BSOD's after DOTA Reimage games Random during asked me to fix a machine for him he had a few hundred root kits and viruses no anti virus etc So you can imagine the machine was in bad shape I decide to just wipe it and reimage it for him After that was done I looked at the temps and they were extremely high Random BSOD's after Reimage during games DOTA so he had the machine over-clocked so I reduced the clock speeds and set it back to default clock speeds The machine was still running hot so I pulled the mobo and fan turned out who ever built it didn't do a good job they used an entire tube of thermal grease on the processor I removed the greased pulled the processor and noticed the idiot also had thermal grease on the bottom contacts somehow So cleaned everything with alcohol and duster then wiped the leads clean with a eraser cleaned again with alcohol Temps are perfect the machine runs like a dream now I gave him the machine back he started getting BSOD on several games but he plays DOTA the most and that's where he is getting the random blue screens most of them seem to be related to direct x but im unsure I attached the docs needed Thanks Guys

A:Random BSOD's after Reimage during games DOTA

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213715-random-bsods-after-reimage-during-games-dota.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hi. ive just done a fresh install of Windows 7 pro 64bit, installed over 240 Windows updates and the latest OEM Drivers. so far ive alreay gotten 2 BSOD while playing dota 2. at some Point the Screen would freeze and horzontal stripes would appear which Forces to me shut down the Laptop by pressing the power button. ive attached the logs etc collected by ur script. System specs etc should b included. thanks a lot for your help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391108-random-bsods-playing-dota-2-no-error-code.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys I've had this really persistent quot freezing quot Random youtube 2, DOTA (Error while videos freeze 41) watching playing problem with my PC from 'June ' now I've tried to solve it to the best of my knowledge regarding these issues but it just won't go away So what happens is my PC freezes randomly for no reason while I'm watching youtube videos or playing DOTA It doesn't occur all the time and I can't replicate the freeze because of that but here's what happens Random freeze while playing DOTA 2, watching youtube videos (Error 41) PC freezes randomly at DOTA loading screen It's right after all the players have accepted to play in the found match find match process and the game Random freeze while playing DOTA 2, watching youtube videos (Error 41) takes us to the loading screen loading resources and stuff I presume now this is where my PC freezes It's happened many times from June and sometimes it's happened as much as times in a row and sometimes it doesn't happen at all for quite a few matches Rare PC freeze after DOTA match is either won or lost and the game is about to show the players the score screen This happens occasionally and is very much the same freeze as the loading screen one Freeze while watching Youtube videos no specific types of videos eg captions HD p but it happens just as much as the freezes that occur during the DOTA loading screen Note - After the freeze everything inside my cabinet from the PSU to CPU seems to be working running ON just as if it were doing so normally and I have to reset my PC manually at which point it completely powers down for a few seconds and then restarts with the quot didn't shut down properly quot screen this happens every time Any help regarding this issue and how to fix it would be much appreciated I don't know what's causing it

A:Random freeze while playing DOTA 2, watching youtube videos (Error 41)

I know that you are not talking about a BSOD, but if you post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, we may have a closer look at your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264644-random-freeze-while-playing-dota-2-watching-youtube-videos-error-41-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a DLink DIR655 router on home network. I have an XP laptop and two Vista HP desktops. Using a 802.11g/n mix.

Increasingly but random in nature I lose my internet connection. It comes back in about a minute or two. Last night while I was searching help for the route it dropped. It may have given a clue: "the gateway is measuring network connection, accessing this web page might effect measurement" It doesn't seem to be any one web page.
I'll now start anew. I have seen the router log pages but I don't see anything directly. It must be the router or the network as all computers and the wireless signal are effected.

Between drops all seems ok. I am using McAfee AV, but it was "expired" for a few weeks and I still had the drops.

Comments?

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I ve actually been Random drops FPS having a problem ever since I built my computer Random FPS drops and no one s been able to help me fix it yet What will happen is that in the middle of a game so far every game I ve played at a random time my FPS will drop from whatever it s at to - fps and hold there until I restart my computer Sometimes this happens after min sometimes after an hour or But it always happens My computer s specs are Antec NEOPOWER ATX W Power Supply Foxconn FXME Socket SIS FX Micro ATX Intel Motherboard eVGA -A -N -AX Geforce MB DDR X Video Card Rosewill GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC I ve tried pretty much everything Updated drivers checked heat replaced PSU replaced RAM and RMAed the video card I don t want to replace my motherboard yet because my friend told me to post here first Anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance -Fenwich nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-fps-drops.407618/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there I currently have a studio 1747 from Dell. I play some video games on it mostly from steam such has CS, CSS, the new CSGO TF2 etc. Lately ive been getting random FPS drops in game. I could be running fine at about 150fps for 5-20 mins then all of a sudden it drops to about 20. At first I thought it was caused by overheating but then I went out ad bought a cooling pad with three cooling fans to put underneath it and I'm still getting this problem. Im beginning to think that maybe this laptop just cant handle pc gaming? But my starting FPS is at about 120-125 before these drops. Any solutions would be great!

Relevancy 52.03%

I will try to describe the problem the best I can I have tried to have a few friends help me with no luck so far basically the issue im having and im told it could be a virus or a windows issue but when I am playing games online or on skype every - m or so I will have what I think is a connection loss it is not showing a Help Random Appreciated Having Drops connection loss in the system tray which is why I was told Having Random Drops Help Appreciated it might be a windows issue I do not have any cell phones microwaves or anything like that near my computer and I am running on a wireless line - bars at all times usually around mbs connection any help is greatly appreciated I can post specs or more if I get any replies im on a laptop G s asus g series Router Modem it is a combo unit Cisco DPC and im on cox communications internet thanks for the help Jeff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497319/having-random-drops-help-appreciated/
Relevancy 52.03%

Recently bout the past week or so i have been getting like secound lag or fps drops in my games and it happens every - minutes I know its not that my computer cant handle Lag FPS Random or games drops in it the games that im playing worked fine before i tried turning graphics down also did nothing I have malewarebytes and kaspersky on my computer and neither one found the problem and still random lag spikes They are online games Random Lag or FPS drops in games and i restarted my router i redid the graphics drivers Now im stuck and dont know where to go next to try to fix it Random Lag or FPS drops in games Also its just the games i had one run in windowed mode and my internet explorer surfs at normal speed i can talk on msn messenger with no lag its just the games Windows Vista bit AMD Phenom X Qaud Core GB RAM Nvidia GeForce i know crappy but im in the process of upgrading it soon Kaspersky activated product not trail let me know if u need anymore information nbsp

A:Random Lag or FPS drops in games

Unfortunately for you allot of online games don't like being played in windowed mode (despite the option being there) with the majority builds out there, i for one never play in windowed mode as it drains that extra resources.
It has something to do with the information sent from your pc and their server and vice versa and information getting mixed up and trying to resolve itself or just lost which usually ends up in connection loss and you have to re-logg back in.

The build you have is ok (even though i'm not a vista fan and would suggest upgrading to XP or windows 7) and the GeForce 9100 series cards from my experience have been temperamental.
Does the same issue happen even in full mode for you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-lag-or-fps-drops-in-games.870539/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone nbsp I bought this nbsp HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - -ak nl in on games Random all FPS drops February As i love gaming and travel a lot this seemed a pretty decent option for Random FPS drops on all games me However after the first - months of flawless use while i mostly played games like The Witcher Diablo Dark Souls - all of them at a minimum of fps it began to show some issues nbsp Basically once every - or more minutes but this depends on the game i'm playing fps drops by or more especially in more engaging and graphically heavy moments nbsp This happens on every game i'm playing which is now World of Warcraft but i also tried other games and the same thing happens nbsp nbsp I tried updating drivers reinstalling games cleaning the inside of the notebook using a fan beneath it reinstalling Windows reloading the default HP settings - with no use I then tried with the HP telephonic assistance which tried to change some graphic settings withing the nVidia control panel and installing some HP drivers No use nbsp nbsp At that point they told me to send them the notebook so they could try to fix it They kept the notebook for weeks after that they sent it back to me claiming they changed the motherboard And the problem is still here nbsp nbsp I don't know what to do anymore to be honest This notebook should be able to run these games at a decent framerate and it's not doing that anymore Any advice

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Gaming/Random-FPS-drops-on-all-games/td-p/5780026
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all I have just recently In the past two weeks have a problem with my frame rate random plunging down into the - range It happens with every game and I ve installed new drivers and rolled them back I can think of no one thing I did to start this trend DxDiag ------------------ System Information in drops games FPS all Random ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JOE-PC Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer EVGA System Model nForce i SLI BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E Random FPS drops in all games GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB Random FPS drops in all games used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Random FPS drops in all games Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS DA amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver Version English DDI Version BGRA Supported Yes Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- B- CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x DA Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D ... Read more

A:Random FPS drops in all games

Try re-installing the drivers you want. They may be corrupt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-fps-drops-in-all-games.1056210/
Relevancy 52.03%

Not sure if others have had this issue, but I have been having my wireless drop on me randomly no matter where I am located from my AP. Haven't really found anything that has been setting it off, seems random. All other machines on wireless are keeping their signal, also I've tried 2 different AP's and 2 different routers. This happens on all of them.
Maybe there is some crazy wireless setting I am somehow missing but.

also, using a Dell 1490 wireless its got a broadcom chip

Thanks for any help.

A:Random wireless drops

Hello Suka, welcome to the forums!

Have you installed the driver for you chip?
I would also recommend try a third party adapter to see if the problem persists.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/6027-random-wireless-drops.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I have a 100Mbps broadband connection through Shaw, using the Motorola SURFboard® SBG6782 modem. The problem is every hour or so, seemingly random, all computers in the network lose the ability to browse or start new connections for roughly 1 to 5 minutes. Any connections that are already active, such as downloads or streams, continue without interruption. While down I am able to ping all computers on the network, and the default gateway with no issues.

My first thought was the DNS, so I changed it in the router to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4), however the problem persists. I'm at a loss for what could be causing this other than perhaps the modem, but it is less than 2 weeks old so I wouldn't expect a hardware problem. I have factory reset it and it did not help. Shaw is equally confused, they tried re seating the connection and that too had no effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 52.03%

Ok so here is my problem I have had my computer for about months now and had been able to play games without any problems at all I have mainly been playing counter-strike cs s C amp C Renegade and AOE III I am running on a Pentium ghz ram with radeon sahpire xt and for the past months everything has run perfectly I could run cs and renegade with fps no problem ran smooth as can be no matter how much action was on the screen But a few weeks ago the performance in games has gone done greatly For instance cs and renegade will run perfectly fine for minutes then the fps will drop from Random FPS drops 9600 with down to for a few minutes then back up to for another few minutes and repeats this cycle no matter how much action is on the screen My drivers are all up to date I have done virus scans spyware scans defraged and done registry clean up but still nothing has helped I check process and close any unecessary ones I have not changed any of my graphics cards settings they are all the same as before So anyways im not really a genius with computers so any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Random FPS drops with 9600

Sounds like you have done alot of the right things to try and solve your problem.

You might possibly be having heat issues with your graphics card, or even the CPU chip.
I suggest the following:

Open your case and clean it with DustOff, or something like that. Try running the games with your case opened so the chips can cool (might even try directing a desk fan towards the innards).

If it doesn't look really in need of cleaning, and the above suggestion doesn't work, a HIjackThis! log might be helpful. If you post a log a qualified person will help you further.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-fps-drops-with-9600.570353/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey everyone sorry if this has been posted before but I have absolutely no clue what to search for Currently I have desktops and one laptop connected to a Linksys WRT G Router The two desktops are upstairs and are connected through wireless while mine the problem is wired The laptop varies Random Connection Drops between wireless and wired What I m experiencing are random connection drops while using the internet Random Connection Drops Without any Random Connection Drops prior warning pages on the internet will just fail to load and I ll get lag in any game that I may be playing eventually leading to a timeout Most of the time under network connections it still displays me as being connected even though I can t load anything To fix this I have to right-click and disable the connection and then enable it again sometimes having to unplug the cable from my computer A few times that doesn t work so I have to go upstairs and reset Random Connection Drops my router I don t know what the problem may be but I recently reformatted my computer and I have the problem now and as well as before the reformat nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I'm new here.
Long story short, I have Verizon, they can't/won't help me.

I have a verizon 7500 modem/router, connected to my pc and xbox 360 (both wired).
I've been having random internet drops for about 3 weeks now. Verizon tried everything from lowering my speed to sending a tech guy out, nothing helped. All of their line tests say nothing is wrong, which obviously isn't the case.

Can anyone save me from this hell? It would be appreciated greatly.
I've attached my HJT log so take a look.
Thanks.

p.s. I have XP sp3.
My antivirus is Norton 360.
If any other info is needed, just tell me and I'll try and get it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-internet-drops.156645/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok so i upgraded my graphics card from a Geforce GT to FPS Drops 550 GTX Geforce Random ti a Geforce GTX ti I can be on my computer for several hours - with no problem at all then all of a sudden i get a major fps drop making games unplayable and streaming media such as Netflix lag while also making my browser to lag big Geforce GTX 550 ti Random FPS Drops time while watching videos I haven't had this issue with any other streaming media such as youtube It almost feels like the problem occurs while watching Netflix then sometimes ill open a new tab Geforce GTX 550 ti Random FPS Drops to check facebook or multitask and then notice a major lag spike I got into habbit of noticing this closing netflix opening a game like Dead space and seeing how ridiculous my fps has dropped A simple restart will solve this temporarily Geforce GTX 550 ti Random FPS Drops which then several hours later the problem comes back All my drivers are up to date my temps seem to be fine Heres my specs Motherboard - MSI G TM-P LGA Intel G Micro ATX Intel Hard drive - Seagate Barracuda ST DM GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot GPU - Geforce GTX ti CPU - Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz PSU - APEVIA WIN- XSPX W ATX V EPS V Power Supply RAM - Gigs

A:Geforce GTX 550 ti Random FPS Drops

Would just like to point out that IMO you have a really small amount of RAM.
AND you shouldn't be using your computers for several hours straight.
Kind of like a car. Are you going to drive a car from Beijing to Paris without stopping? Hopefully not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/251835-geforce-gtx-550-ti-random-fps-drops.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I got this laptop from a friend of mine he hasn t used it much lately but he used to play all kinds of games on it no problems The only two games I v tried so far is World of Warcraft and League of Legends but in both Ill be running perfectly fine and then just have sudden FPS drops from down to - every seconds for - seconds Just enough to make me stop games. playing while FPS Random drops what I m doing completely He reformatted it Random FPS drops while playing games. right before he gave it to me HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC AMD Radeon HD G gb ram So far I v updated the graphics drivers currently says its in device manager Checked the temps with SpeedFan running about C not doing anything and C while playing games for awhile Doesn t go any higher Also nothing is running in the backround and it does it with high or low settings in the games I don t think that s high for the temps and the driver should be right I don t know what else could be causing an FPS drop like that unless a piece of hardware is going bad nbsp

A:Random FPS drops while playing games.

Try setting your pc to high performance rather than ballanced in power mangment settings. It often works with Laptops. I myself had the same problem a few years back with a desktop, I cleared my whole computer and reinstalled the game, seemed to work, but it was more of a short term fix, ended up buying a new desktop. Hope you can get this sorted, I know how frustrating it is!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-fps-drops-while-playing-games.1131759/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi ive been getting alot of problems recently with random spikes of lag which freeze and jitter my pc for 3-4 seconds before returning to normal , this only occurs while playing games. Not sure if this is a temperature issue as its currently running at around 60-70 degrees on both the cpu and motherboard

I recently opened my pc to clean and remove dust when this first started occurring and this did no solve it , im not sure whats going wrong so any guidance would be appreciated .

Specs :

Amd Phenom x4 9650
ASRock k10n78m
ATI radeon hd 5770
4gb ram ddr2
Windows 7 32bit

Not the best pc in the world but has ran perfectly until recently on all games , so not sure if i need to invest in some cooling stuff or what im not sure.

A:Random FPS drops and screen freeze

Your issue is most likely heat related.

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings.

What program are you using to monitor the temps in Windows?

Install HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the temps at idle and under load.

If your temps are still high after cleaning then it may be time to clean and re-apply some thermal paste.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-fps-drops-and-screen-freeze-649510.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have this frame rate drop that is random in all games i play multiplayer and single player (right know it is starwars galaxy, call of duty, and battlefield vietnam). I have a 2600+AMD, GA-7vt600 gigabyte motherboard, 128mb 5900 and 1gig of ram, Windows XP. i have all the latest drivers and even when i lower the settings to the lowest level the game still does this from 90 fps to 1 fps in a split second and goes back up to normal. It does this at random times like evey min or so. Please help thanks

A:Random frame rate drops

do you have a sound card? I used to have frame drops before huge explosions or really dynamic sound effects until i purchased a sound card. I dont know if it will help you but just a suggestion...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-frame-rate-drops.241536/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been having these freezes for about months now happens randomly sometimes twice in one minute sometimes once every minutes very noticable playing online games I tried everything from formatting to buying a new network card Today I installed zonealarm and it keeps blocking connections that seem to happen during the connection freezes Please help I need to get Connection Random Drops 1-5sec this resolved before the th Random 1-5sec Connection Drops I'm playing in a online tournament and Random 1-5sec Connection Drops these freezes make it almost unplayable in my online games quake warsow and quake Here's my hijackthis log and a screenshot of zonealarm Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System SnoopFreeSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS SnoopFreeUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Xfire xfire exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail google com mail R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run Repair Registry Pro C Program Files Repair Registry Pro RepairRegistryPro exe -s O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run kav quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run SnoopFreeUI SnoopFreeUI exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup Xfire lnk C Program Files Xfire xfire exe O - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htm O - Extra button Web Anti-Virus - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus scieplugin dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-1-5sec-connection-drops-129179.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to work around random disconnections with Nvidia nForce Network adapter- there doesn't seem to be a W-7 64bit driver.

I just purchased a D-Link DGE 530T PCI adapter tonight. It is listed as W-7 compatible. It did not work and there is no driver available according to the phone help. Any help would be appreciated before I chuck W-7 to go back to XP-64.

A:Random Drops of Wired connections

Post the harware id strings. Right click in device manager, on the adapter. Details tab. Change dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste results to here. That's how we can find a driver if it does indeed exist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35388-random-drops-wired-connections.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi i'm looking from a little help, after some searching I have found a couple of articles talking about the atheros 5006 adapter failing and if im not mistake there are a few solutions but I have found nothing talking about the 5007 adapter.

Can anyone suggest any potential solution and is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Thanks
M

A:NC10 wlan random drops

Quote: Originally Posted by maccamac

Hi i'm looking from a little help, after some searching I have found a couple of articles talking about the atheros 5006 adapter failing and if im not mistake there are a few solutions but I have found nothing talking about the 5007 adapter.

Can anyone suggest any potential solution and is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Thanks
M

I found drivers for the 5007:
Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter FREE Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2165-nc10-wlan-random-drops.html
Relevancy 51.17%

In many games My computer runs at 60 fps, the framerate will suddenly and randomly drop to around 10 fps, making the game unplayable. This is almost always accompanied by my gpu load spiking to 99%. this lasts for a minute or two before going back to 60 fps. it usually ends up happening every 10 minutes or so. Games affected: skyrim unturned left 4 dead 2 Games unaffected: hotline Miami Civilization V Team fortress 2 My specs:Intel i7 4712 processor Nvidia Geforce GT 750m graphics card 16gb RAM. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/random-long-severe-fps-drops-some-games-4597093/
Relevancy 51.17%

hello all I have been having this problem for a couple months now I am a noob so bear with me usually at least once a day only slow to internet speeds drops random for a couple hours my internet will have random slow downs that occur every minutes or so these slow downs only last about seconds but the internet speed random internet drops to slow speeds drops so low that I can not even load Google it will also disconnect me from any game I am playing I have ran a full system scan with Norton and got nothing my specs are OS random internet drops to slow speeds Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M Mb random internet drops to slow speeds Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc N Jq Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled Thank you in advance for any help it is much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-internet-drops-to-slow-speeds.1068381/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey all Perhaps one of you will be able to help Here are the specs of my notebook which is an Acer Aspire G Intel Core Duo T Ghz Gb RAM Nvidia M GS HDD with an external drive which can contain up to TB but i don t think this Slowdown huge drops Random FPS games, in one is relevant to the problem and hum oh yeah i m running Windows Vista bit a modified version So here is my problem I m Random Slowdown in games, huge FPS drops what one could call a gamer and there s some months now I had slowdown problems in some graphic intensive games They happened at random while I waqs playing my FPS would drop from let s say to which made the game unplayable I then realized that the problem was caused by my graphic card downclocking itself because of overheating i think I managed to solve this problem Now another problem similar to this one emerged While I m playing sometimes the performance would be greatly reduced but this time the graphic card isn t downclocking itself so I wonder what s causing the problem I must restart my PC to be able to game normally after a slowdown or another solution that I found was to minimize the game for a while or exit the application and then when I try to game again it works perfectly nbsp

A:Random Slowdown in games, huge FPS drops

Can you increase your total RAM from 2GB? Check your Windows startup programs, and limit them as much as you can while playing games. Have you installed any new Antivirus or other malware programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-slowdown-in-games-huge-fps-drops.125122/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am getting random CPU spikes whilst playing games, it lags a lot and Ive noticed a drop in fps when Firefox is running. Though I have a good system which should be able to handle this.

Can someone please advise and what the think the problem is?

A:Random CPU Spikes - FPS Drops In Game - Firefox lag

Can you export the specs to this page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-spikes-fps-drops-in-game-firefox-lag.204180/
Relevancy 51.17%

The Wi-Fi connection drops intermittently, it doesn't disconnect, it just drops. When I check the Wi-Fi in the Task Manager Performance tab, it goes from normal to 0 Sent and 0 Received packets every couple of seconds.
Here are things I have already tried:

Unticked "Allow computer to turn off this device" in the Power Management tab.Put both Plugged and Un-Plugged on "Maximum performance" on my power plan.Changed my channel.Changed location of my laptop.

Here is the Speccy snapshot: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/u...JLyLP0CV8SSHlX

A:Wireless connection drops at random intervals only for me.

You have the Ralink 3290 adapter, it is a known problematic adapter. Can try the solution in the second reply here: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter, Problem: connection ... - HP Support Forum - 3616723

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67604-wireless-connection-drops-random-intervals-only-me.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a computer which I built myself which has been running fine for over a year now until recently. When playing a game it will randomly lose all internet connection and won't recover until a reset, otherwise when it drops internet it will freeze the whole screen or a blue screen of death will pop up. I'm using Windows XP SP3, tried downgrading to SP2, tried updating drivers, removing video card and using onboard video, all the same result. Not sure what information would be useful but I'll post my DxDiag. Please help

A:Random internet drops/freezing//BSOD

Forgot to mention I've monitored the temperatures for both my CPU and Video card and they run around 38c. And seem to receive to correct voltage based by manufacturer. Also ran a memory test with MemTest86+ no errors found.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-internet-drops-freezing-bsod-648867.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi So I've had this problem since I got this computer and haven't been able to solve it Basically when I am playing a game and my computer is plugged in then my fps will randomly drop from around to around If I run off of battery power then I stay at fps This even occurs when the battery is disconnected and I am running only off the AC adaptor I only experience these issues FPS Aspire Random plugge... E5-571 drops on when Acer when playing games like Counter Strike or Dota and not for example Undertale which is much less intensive It also does not occur when watching videos or browsing the internet I have tried changing the power plan settings changing the maximum power management settings and upgrading the graphics drivers I Random FPS drops on Acer Aspire E5-571 when plugge... am running windows but this problem still occurred before I updated from Could it be an issue with my charger One reason I think it might be is that it never displays the correct time untill fully charged right now it says minute untill fully charged despite the fact I only have a charge I have also considered trying to update the BIOS the current version date is Insyde Corp V Any help would be greatly appreciated Solved Go to Solution

A:Random FPS drops on Acer Aspire E5-571 when plugge...

The current bios is 1.31 and there are 5 bios upgrades between you and that. That's a lot of change.  I would definately update the bios and if you don't have the latest grafics bios, that too..I'm sure your  power settings for plugged in are the same as battery.Go back to Processor power management and set both battery and power to 99%.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Random-FPS-drops-on-Acer-Aspire-E5-571-when-plugged-in/td-p/427038/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.17%

My internet connection drops and comes up at random intervals, like it drops for 5-10 seconds and comes up and stays for half an hour and sometimes it dorps for 15min. and comes up for 5-10 seconds..... anyways, the router lights go down too(except wireless and power indicator) Please need help on this........ Here's details:-
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 2630QM @ 2.00GHz 65 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 1656 (CPU1) 64 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics Family (HP)
Radeon HD 6490M (HP)
Hard Drives
466GB Hitachi HTS725050A9A364 ATA Device (SATA) 45 °C
Optical Drives
hp DVD A DS8A5LH ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device
If you need more, please tell me..........

Relevancy 51.17%

Greetiings everyone I ve been using a Dell Vostro laptop with the following specs FPS Dell Vostro 1520 Random Drops in Win x Intel Core Duo P GHZ GB Ram nVidia GeForce M GS Since Random FPS Drops in Dell Vostro 1520 a few months back whenever I run on a game it gets random FPS drops from early on -Just a few seconds from being started- not allowing me to play at all no matter how soft the game is in graphic matters I have tried from games like League of Legends to Dragon Ball Online RPG maker based games browser based games -Facebook games and such- and I always end up by having random FPS drops to All my drivers are updated I made a clear windows instalation yesterday to be sure if there was something OS related and it seems not even in compatibility mode my games won t run properly I m now appealing to you in the following question Does anyone have any idea on what could be going on Thanks for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance from the responses

A:Random FPS Drops in Dell Vostro 1520

Siegfriedv,
Unfortunately, there are no Windows 10 drivers available for download for this computer. Dell did not verify Windows 10 on the Vostro 1520 laptop. Also, the Vostro 1520 laptop was designed for small businesses and not gaming. 
Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19992255
Relevancy 51.17%

I have this daft computer that only seems to have issues no one has ever heard of Games Audio Temporary Drops In Random Once again I'ved searched google and a bunch of forums with no hits Basically I'll be playing a game and for no apparent reason the audio will drop or mute completely A few seconds later it will come back on This will happen Random Temporary Audio Drops In Games throughout the game Random Temporary Audio Drops In Games at approximately - seconds on and - seconds off I have had the issue in three Random Temporary Audio Drops In Games games so far some older some newer some graffically intense some lightweight Windows Freecell works just fine though in case your wondering lmao Now I have concluded that this must be a system setting of some sort All my drivers and codecs seem fine and it only happens on ONE user account I don't know how I screwed it up but hey it's me Can anyone think of a solution for this because I am drawing a complete blank Event Viewer is claiming to be blind at the moment so it's no help at all Since this does not happen on any other account I doubt it's a hardware issue Also the games do NOT lag at all so I doubt it's a memory issue either

A:Random Temporary Audio Drops In Games

You can delete this topic, I replaced the OS.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292335/random-temporary-audio-drops-in-games/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok so here's my situation Hours Drops Random Specific Connection During I will try to make it make sense as much as possible We have a Random Connection Drops During Specific Hours home network with two laptops IBM ThinkPad XP and Sony Vaio-mine W and two desktops HP XP and Compaq XP along with a wired-networked OfficeJet AIO and a wired-networked PS On a Belkin N Gigabit Router Everything is on Cat the gigabit router was on sale and cheaper at the time so why not Anyways this is the problem I am Random Connection Drops During Specific Hours having It is with my laptop specifically the Sony Vaio running Windows Every day between the hours of around PM local and around AM local I can be on the internet on Facebook watching something on Hulu streaming a movie from my laptop to my console or playing a game it doesn't matter My connection will seemingly drop out When it does I try to ping the router at and when I DO get a response it's roughy - ms before a response comes back if it comes back at all After about minutes it slowly returns--as in pings will come back but will take ms ms ms ms and then back to lt ms like normal This can happen as many as ten times in a night or as few as three I do know for a fact it WILL happen every night So I tried something I turned off my wireless and plugged into the network via Cat and not only did my internet connection come back to normal but it does not drop at all I thought it might be the wireless radio but the other laptop that connects via wireless never has this problem either At no time does the quot status quot of my connection change It consistently says I have Internet Access I'm stumped It just started happening one day with seemingly no reason and has done it every night since I'm sure there's a reason for it I just can't figure it out

A:Random Connection Drops During Specific Hours

No doubt the problem would be gone if you just used a different router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/81400-random-connection-drops-during-specific-hours.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a problem where out of nowhere the internet goes out i cant even access the my router address the thing is that my macbook that's connected to the router wirelessly even sometimes. Random drops, internet access can't router never loses connection when my desktop that's wired loses connection the macbook Random internet drops, can't even access router sometimes. is still fine virus scan found a trojan yesterday but i deleted the files that Active Virus Shield Random internet drops, can't even access router sometimes. found after doing a scan today i found none on the virus scan ad-aware SE finds this registry problem every time tho no matter how many times ad-aware removes it Name Windows Category Vulnerability Object Type RegData Size Bytes Location software microsoft windows nt currentversion winlogon quot Shell quot explorer exe scvhost exe Last Activity - - Relevance Low TAC index Comment Description General Windows Security Issue Your system security may be compromised The specifics of the possible compromised item are listed in the comments section Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS scvhost exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Other Active Virus Shield avp exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Other iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files C-Media Middleware CmSkype exe C Other Active Virus Shield avp exe C Other Atomic Alarm Clock AtomicAlarmClock exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C America Online waol exe C Other iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CADI NotiMan exe C America Online shellmon exe C Other iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Other Soulseek slsk exe C Other MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Other Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Other HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe scvhost exe F - REG win ini run C WINDOWS scvhost exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - E A A C-F -DDA - C- D A B FC - blank file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET quot C Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE quot O - HKLM Run RCSystem quot C Program Files Creative Shared Fil... Read more

A:Random internet drops, can't even access router sometimes.

You have a variant of the SDbot virus showing in your log. Even though the Virus has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, there is no way to be sure what information has been stolen from your system. If you do any banking or have recently paid for goods or services online you will need to change all passwords where applicable and it would be wise to contact your bank or credit card company to inform them of your situation. This also applies to passwords for any confidential sites you use such as Paypal, Ebay, Email etc... The infection you have has the ability to download and execute files, log keystrokes, Redirect connections, Sniff sent packets for information & Steal personal information so it is a very serious threat.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
Choose your usual account.
Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum with a new HijackThis log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/random-internet-drops-cant-even-access-router-sometimes-133903.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there I m having quite a problem with my wired connection dropping constantly It began seemingly randomly while the computer was idle It drops completely no pages or programs will load or update after being connected drops random a wired Constant in XP Solved: connection. usually for around Solved: Constant random drops in a wired XP connection. five minutes In order to get it to reconnect I have to go into the network connections in the control panel and use the repair option on the Local Area Connection After doing this about five or so times it stopped working telling me it was unable to renew the IP I then discovered Solved: Constant random drops in a wired XP connection. that the static IP I had set being my first attempt to solve the problem had reverted Solved: Constant random drops in a wired XP connection. to an automatic IP config after setting it back to a static one I was once again able to use the repair option I ve done a virus and malware scan as well as renewing the TCP IP stack Any help would be greatly appreciated Specs are Windows XP Intel Dual Core GHz G RAM Marvell Yukon E NIC nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey everyone I looked around a bit and although I found quite a few similar issues I was unable to find any exactly like the one I'm having Basically every weekday during the approximate hours of am- pm my internet will constantly drop By this I do not mean it completely stops working I mean that every few seconds or minutes my internet will cut out for about seconds The reason that this is such a huge problem is I play online video games and working random part-time hours quite often places me in between these hours when playing Also these drops take place even if I'm not on games My computer will usually be the only one online and no matter what I'm doing even just doing something like reading an article online the problem persists Period Random Time Specific During Internet Drops My ISP is Comcast and my router is an ASUS RT-N U Here is my system information Quote OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name KYLE-PC System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Random Internet Drops During Specific Time Period Version quot quot User Name Kyle-PC Kyle Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys I should also mention that the router is new and the problem existed before I bought Random Internet Drops During Specific Time Period it I believed that my old router was the problem and clearly I am wrong Also my router has a WEP on it so there shouldn't be anyone leaching off of my network These also are nowhere near peak hours which adds even more confusion I do live near a school which would normally be open around these hours However it's summer so that isn't the case Thanks in advance for any help

A:Random Internet Drops During Specific Time Period

You should change your wireless security to WPA2 with AES encryption.

The WEP you are using now is outdated and easily hacked into and usually will not work correctly with Windows 7 drivers. This could also cause the connection problems you are seeing now.

You should also uninstall any third party A/V software on this system as they are famous for causing such as you are describing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244219-random-internet-drops-during-specific-time-period.html
Relevancy 49.88%

OS Windows Hardware Sony VAIO Powered by AC History The computer is about years old and the symptoms Wifi at Adapter Network times (Windows random drops 7) out described below started either abruptly or gradually some - months ago Symptoms The network access icon in the right of my task bar will show - bars of signal strength I'll leave the computer for several hours and Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7) when I come back it shows bars with a red x over it I click it Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7) select troubleshoot and the Windows Network Diagnostics window pops up and says quot Problems found quot A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken quot - Detected quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point quot - Fixed upon which the icon goes back to or bars and I resume my network connectivity This takes all of one minute or less However if I need to do a lengthy download this unexpected action will stop the download in the middle of the night TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS I tried a side-by-side comparison with another laptop and the Sony VAIO lost the network connection in the manner described above while the other computer didn't I went to Manage Wireless Networks removed all networks including my home network and then rebuilt the wireless networks by re-entering my home network I was then able to access my network However the wireless network adapter still shut off in the middle of the night I went to Power Settings Change advanced power settings Advanced settings Wireless Adapter Settings Power Saving Mode and observed that quot Plugged in quot states quot Maximum Performance quot Thanks for your help

A:Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7)

This might help - the following commands restore Windows IP and Winsock to known good values

Open an Elevated Command Prompt

Tip
Standard keyboard shortcuts for Copy (Ctrl-C) and Paste (Ctrl-V) shortcuts do not work in Command Prompt.

Enabling the Quick Edit Mode in Command Prompt makes Copy and Paste operations easier.
See step 4 in Command Prompt - Copy to Clipboard to enable it.

Copy in Command Prompt: hightlight the text you want to copy, then press ENTER.
Paste in Command Prompt: right click with your mouse.

In the elevated command Prompt window type the following commands
Alternatively, you can copy the commands, one line at a time and paste it in the Command Prompt Window

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ipv4 reset all
netsh int ipv6 reset all

exit

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317950-wifi-network-adapter-drops-out-random-times-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So prior to this whole mess there was a major pop-up that stopped access to Windows It loaded prior to any program even explorer I fixed this by CTRL-ALT-DEL and quot running quot explorer exe then disabling a few one by one until I malware, drops. connection AV Random randomly programs won't install, found it After this I tried to install Norton Endpoint and this is where the trouble began The install would hang then get interupted so I had to try again However since then I have started getting random pop-ups including the most recent one quot last wow com quot I tried to run quot gmer quot but the program would crash after a few seconds of starting it I was however able to get the DDS Also combofix will not work in either safe mode nor normal even with the wow Here is the DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by user at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Random malware, AV programs won't install, connection randomly drops. - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning disabled Outdated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch Random malware, AV programs won't install, connection randomly drops. svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Nero Random malware, AV programs won't install, connection randomly drops. Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG Configuration Utility WG CFG exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop av dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks UrlSearchHook Class - e - fd - - f e fc - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO LimeWire Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB LimeWire Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll uRun IndxStoreSvr E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot c program files common files nero lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe quot ASO- B - DAE- -A F- A E uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun swg quot c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot mRun NeroFilterCheck c program files common files nero lib NeroCheck exe mRun NBKeyScan quot c program files nero nero nero backitup NBKeyScan ... Read more

A:Random malware, AV programs won't install, connection randomly drops.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Who instructed you to run ComboFix? As stated in the disclaimer you had to pass when running ComboFix, it is not intended for unsupervised use.

As you also should have read here in Step 2 of our NEW INSTRUCTIONS thread:

Why we don't ask you to run ComboFix from the onset

As stated by the author of ComboFix:

ComboFix is a very powerful tool which when improperly used may render your machine to a doorstop.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Save it to your Desktop.Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following: Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Under the Scanner tab, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart your computer.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy/Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

I need to see a gmer log in order to help you. Please try running gmer again. Make sure no antivirus scans are scheduled during the run.

If it still crashes, try running gmer in Safe Mode.

If you still have trouble...Please download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your desktop.
Double-click RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.
Click the Report tab, then click Scan
Uncheck the first three boxes, then click OK
When prompted to Select Disks for Scan, make sure C:\ is checked and click OK
Wait till the scanner has finished then go File > Save Report
Save the report somewhere you can find it. Click Close then Yes
Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in your next reply.
Note: If you get a message 'Rootkit Unhooker has detected parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?', click Okay

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-malware-av-programs-wont-install-connection-randomly-drops-524567.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone Our college Drops Random Wifi During Summers on College Dorms Internet dorm is like a story building with two corridors on each level having a wifi router after every meters that serves probably rooms each room having Random Internet Drops on College Dorms Wifi During Summers people The internet is provided to us by our ict dept which for some reason no one knows where it is So the problem is that during summertime especially this issue comes up guys sitting in the same room s getting a perfectly smooth internet and the others internet drops after every few seconds for about seconds At times a guy sitting in my room will be getting disconnections but i wont Other people on the floor are facing this issue too I have confirmed that the channels being used by the wifi modems routers sorry i dont know the difference is either or on all of them The wifi signal remains the same during this quot disconnection quot period I still see bars but i cant surf or if im downloading it goes down to kbps for about seconds or more then comes back for a little while before disconnecting again I cant understand the issue What just happened now is that on a pc my friend was using a usb tp link tl-wn n to access wifi and he was facing disconnections All he did was come to my room get my roomates tp link same model and its working perfectly for him now Please for the love of goodness help me

A:Random Internet Drops on College Dorms Wifi During Summers

Yes that is very common in Dorms. It all depends on how they have the WIFI A/P's are set up.

The IT group could also be using the Summer break to upgrade equipment, replace bad Ethernet cables, switches, etc.

You need to go talk to the IT dept. for the school and see what is going on.

My son had to use a Netgear Ac USB external adapter with a USB jumper to get a proper signal in certain areas on his campus.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65739-random-internet-drops-college-dorms-wifi-during-summers.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all As the title states I m having several connectivity issues which don t seem to be fixed with any suggestions I ve encountered in other threads The nutshell version With different gateways I ve had connection drops both wired and wireless which are increasing in severity as time goes on starting as of about months ago The long version I moved to an apartment a while back bought my own gateway Motorola Arris SURFboard SBG signed up for Time Warner Cable s Mbps bought Chromecast installed PLEX media server I ll explain the significance shortly and Bizarre, + (Wired & Prolonged Connection drops Random, Wireless) Frequent, ditched cable For three weeks Random, Frequent, Bizarre, & Prolonged Connection drops (Wired + Wireless) everything was gravy then I started getting connection drops on all my devices I use the ethernet cable for my laptop wireless for Chromecast Ipad Iphone etc It started with only a couple drops a day for about seconds each automatically fixed on its own I noticed it happened at first on high demand sites or while surfing plus streaming from PLEX to Chromecast but as the drops increased in frequency and severity lasting longer and requiring me to power cycle the gateway to reconnect it started happening without cause the connection Random, Frequent, Bizarre, & Prolonged Connection drops (Wired + Wireless) lights would go out on the gateway even when I wasn t actively using it Eventually it escalated to the point where Random, Frequent, Bizarre, & Prolonged Connection drops (Wired + Wireless) most of the day my connection would be cycling in and out continually and unfixable no matter what I tried restarting gateway computer amp Chromecast What was really strange was that while some devices would be disconnected others would work fine Also sometimes I could be online despite the gateway and connection icon saying otherwise For example I d have a playlist loaded on PLEX streaming to Chromecast and my wired connection would drop no pages would load no accessing email etc but PLEX would continue streaming my playlist to Chromecast and playing all the media files Other times Chromecast would give me connection errors the Iphone also but the Ipad and laptop would connect with no issues After hours on the phone with TWC support troubleshooting to no avail they sent a tech out to check the lines She checked the lines inside and out ran diagnostics on her laptop checked settings on mine checked the gateway settings and finally decided that this was not TWC s fault at all the settings were all good properly configured so it must be a defective unit I replaced it with a rental which the tech gave me while I would decide what to do next Two weeks later the rental started doing the same thing exactly as I described above Within a week it had escalated to be just as bad as with the last gateway Since it was from the same manufacturer Motorola Arris I figured I ll buy a highly reviewed one from another brand since maybe my computer just doesn t like the company or something So I bought the Netgear C The first weeks were gravy again but as of days ago the same exact connection issues have started It has not yet escalated to anything more than a couple of drops a day fixable automatically but I don t want to wait until it gets terrible again to start troubleshooting The reason why I mentioned PLEX and Chromecast is because I m suspicious they one or both might be to blame based Google searches and the fact that prior to this I ve never had similar problems and I haven t added or removed any software since moving in here I ve tried just about every advice I can find online and clearly I can no longer assume this is the third defective gateway in a row From what I ve seen asked in other threads I use Norton and always have since I bought this laptop about years ago plus Spybot SD which I only use for scans every now and then and not running all the time Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Ver... Read more

A:Random, Frequent, Bizarre, & Prolonged Connection drops (Wired + Wireless)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-frequent-bizarre-prolonged-connection-drops-wired-wireless.1135717/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello and thanks for reading!

(attached: Xirrus Wi-fi inspector network screen shot & screen shot of other networks in range)

About 8 months or so this started happening...i have yet to figure it out.
(The router worked fine for years before this.) I'm not too tech savvy, i read through the other post concerning wireless disconnects.

My internet connection goes out at least once per day.
It almost always happens when I visit Google Maps or search in Google Images.

This happens on my laptop and desktop.
It only happens when the laptop is wireless and the desktop is going through the router.
(so it seems to be a router problem-If I plug the desktop directly into the modem, that seems to solve the issue.)

I have up-to-date firmware.
I've tried changing the channels to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
Terah

A:Internet coonnection drops when i visit Google Maps and other random sites

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-coonnection-drops-when-i-visit-google-maps-and-other-random-sites.978844/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok so my laptop has been on its last legs for a while now always something Recently the fan stopped working of freeze. info! Lots Internet applications at intervals, random drops so I have to diligently make sure it doesn't overheat I was playing an online Internet drops at random intervals, applications freeze. Lots of info! video game days ago when it overheated and crashed forced shut off to de-powered state to prevent damage not a bluescreen When I brought it back up Internet drops at random intervals, applications freeze. Lots of info! I started having some really bad problems The game I Internet drops at random intervals, applications freeze. Lots of info! was playing wouldn't start citing quot Memory at address eaff could not be written quot After deleting the whole game and restarting the computer I got it re-installed it works fine now that's resolved I guess I think this crash broke something though because now my internet keeps cutting out at random intervals and Chrome keeps freezing The Chrome freezes actually almost always predict an internet drop So I booted into HP's system diagnostics and ran a memory test it says I passed Ran a full scan hard disk passed processor passed WLAN passed PCI Devices pass battery pass Basically everything is passing but I can't actually complete a full scan because it takes hours and apparently is really using my system to its max ability which is making it critically overheat and shut off So I booted into a recovery CD to see if maybe a system file was corrupted during a power loss crash but apparently I am mis-remembering how recovery CD's work and my only options are to restore to factory default or restore to an earlier point not to just re-install all the necessary system files Next step was wait for one of the outages and run windows network quot Troubleshoot Problems quot tool it did it's thing and actually miraculously gave me some sort of real problem other than quot Check that you're connected to the internet quot What it told me was quot Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn't exist quot My Chrome no connection error code is quot DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET quot Please don't read this last line and tell me to change my DNS server with no further explanation There are other computers in the house and they are connected to the same wifi and are having zero problems Also DNS issues do not explain my chrome actually freezing Also we're using google's DNS servers Attached is a rar with all the diagnostics I could get my hands on and here is a contents list as well Quote Directory of C Users Amantis Downloads Computer Diagnostics CPU Z DIAG AMANTIS-LAPTOP txt DxDiag txt pingplotter png lt DIR gt Guild Wars crash dump Crash dmp lt DIR gt Windows Network Troubleshooting Diagnostics lt DIR gt NetworkConfiguration cab ipconfig all txt route print txt D - F- - - ED Diagnose Admin ETL Also as a Google Drive link

A:Internet drops at random intervals, applications freeze. Lots of info!

Quote: Originally Posted by Amantis

snip

I think this crash broke something though, because now my internet keeps cutting out at random intervals, and Chrome keeps freezing. The Chrome freezes actually almost always predict an internet drop.

snip

So I booted into a recovery CD to see if maybe a system file was corrupted during a power loss crash, but apparently I am mis-remembering how recovery CD's work and my only options are to restore to factory default or restore to an earlier point, not to just re-install all the necessary system files.

Next step was wait for one of the outages and run windows network "Troubleshoot Problems" tool, it did it's thing and actually, miraculously, gave me some sort of real problem other than "Check that you're connected to the internet". What it told me was: "Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn't exist."

My Chrome no connection error code is "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET"
snip

1. Sounds more like a socket problem. We talk about that in 3.

2. For corrupted files, use chkdsk: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../ee872425.aspx
Edit: Ah, sorry. I always mix up chkdsk and sfc. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

3. Open command prompt (type "cmd" in search and enter). Type "netsh winsock reset", enter. You can also do an "ipconfig /flushdns" but it should be okay after a restart.

Any more problems?

Also, I suggest using specialized tools for things like memory testing (memtest) and the HDD manufacturer's disk tools (Seagate, WDD, ...they all got their specific tools).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/368411-internet-drops-random-intervals-applications-freeze-lots-info.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Soo I went ahead and bought a GTX see troubleshoot. waiting (random needed framerate to ideas drops) Fresh for funds while spec box for complete specs As expected it has been nothing but trouble Here goes When playing games as the title describes I get random framerate drops Or actually I could maybe call it random framerate upspikes It used to Fresh ideas needed while waiting for funds to troubleshoot. (random framerate drops) be drops but now it s upspikes Randomness describer In TF very similar fights in the same map sometimes give me - FPS sometimes - FPS never seen it go below Why I have no idea It used to be drops as said usually - sometimes the lower Fresh ideas needed while waiting for funds to troubleshoot. (random framerate drops) range but at the date it only stays up there in the values it really should be for a while few minutes every two to four gaming sessions I use fairly low settings res x Well medium-very high shader shadow water etc x AA x AF Fairly low for GTX as even my previous card HD handled similar settings better Further randomness describer In Heroes of Might amp Magic V I sometimes play the same exact fight a few times over to get the best outcome possible least troops lost I usually have an FPS of max settings still TOO low for this old not graphics oriented a game but once in a while while doing the exact same fight or even the same trip on the world map to the enemy viewed from the same angle EXACTLY the same everything I get FPS What I have done Before installing the GTX Used Driver Sweeper in safe mode to completely remove the Ati drivers after uninstalling them After Tried a few drivers the ones on the disk xx can t remember and the very newest ones currently in use None made a noticeable difference Checked the temp GPU-Z never logged anything higher than deg C except for the C PCB temp for a minute bug Power should be sufficient will check voltages with wait Speedfan and HWMonitor report V as wonder if any program will show the correct voltage Off to test soon Lowered game settings drastically Did not help basically not at all The low tide was as low anyways High frames got higher but that s hardly any help What I will do Get a new motherboard CPU and power supply In that order going for a Gigabyte X-UD Phenom II and We ll see Prices are a bit fluctuating I know it s a bit bad idea but I will do it anyways in that order If the StealthXtream is not faulty and I see no way it would ve coped for months if it was it should be enough to run those parts at stock clocks Hmm HWMonitor says the quot NVIDIA nVIDIA-nForce Pro quot CPU temp is a constant C Under that Mainboard is C My CPU Core temps are - and - at idle What could this be about Thanks for any help as usual nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fresh-ideas-needed-while-waiting-for-funds-to-troubleshoot-random-framerate-drops.831765/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, we have a bunch of computers(70 aprox) connected to a domain. Since couple weeks ago very strange issues started occuring, internet and network access(path to network share is lost) would come up at random times and on different machines and would last for about 10-20 seconds it would re-connect again.
All the computers are using private addresses.

Most machines are windows 7, some are xp.

Using Windows server 2003 as dc.

Since the occurance is so random it's very hard to pin point the cause, hopefully someone has come accross this issue in the past.

A:Internet Access + Network Access drops for 10 seconds at random times

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-network-access-drops-for-10-seconds-at-random-times.1025789/
Relevancy 44.72%

Please help me, I'm always encountering BSOD when I opened applications in the past. I formatted my pc and changed OS. My PC got good on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit in opening browsers but when I played Dota 2, I found out something, it always occurs only when playing Dota 2. This is the archive file AQUINO-PC.rar Please help me ASAP. I'm always "Abandon" in my games Thanks in advance.
[Edit]
Here's the zip file AQUINO-PC.zip

A:BSOD while playing Dota 2. (Only when playing Dota 2)

Hello and welcome Joshua mate we need the dump files - or at least I do see these and post back

Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
&
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371985-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-only-when-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hello friends im just asking how can u fix this lag -_- i followed some instructions to reduce lag but there is no use it is lagging again and again i set the settings to low and nothing change i play before dota 2 its fine and i reformat my laptop its lagging now my processor is :
intel ® core ™ i3 cpu M 370 @ 2.40GHZ 2.39 GHz and my video and my video card is intel ® hd graphics can anyone help me thanks

A:dota 2 lag

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy It would also help to know the make and model of this computer. If this is a custom build, please post the make and model of the PSU.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494303/dota-2-lag/
Relevancy 39.13%

guys i dont know why im getting BSOD right after playing dota 2 or while im playing and i tabbed it back to desktop, i always getting a BSOD. is there some other way to fix this? btw i save something in msinfo because this maybe a key to fix this. hope sum1 help me with this. thank you

A:BSOD at Dota 2

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318822-bsod-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey I have this issue in Dota where everything quot stuttering Dota 2 stutters quot every few seconds as seen in this youtube video https www youtube com watch v VjQwltXsODs You can see it happening at and It s like I drop a few frames but that s not what the net graph is telling me I cannot figure out what causes them as they are not always present They usually turn up after a couple of games but sometimes even from the get-go Restarting Dota does not help neither does restarting my computer Sometimes it disappears again randomly or diminishes to be barely noticeable Because of this issue I have just formatted my computer in order to Dota 2 stuttering fix it but the problem persists I have a stable internet connection which my roommate also uses for Dota and he has no similar problems so I assume it is not that Specs Intel i - gHz GB ram Nvidia GeForce GTX Running Windows Does anyone have any ideas for further troubleshooting Regards Saltz nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dota-2-stuttering.1150060/
Relevancy 39.13%

I think after the last update (REKINDLING SOUL) my fps dropped from 80-120 fps to 20-40 fps.

My system specs:
AMD 1075T cpu
4Gig DDR3 ram 1333
R9 280x
Antec 620 watt psu
Mecer LCD (1440x900)
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 motherboard
60 ssd steam installed
1 TB hard drive DOTA 2 installed on.

Latest version of Fraps (11/10/2014) shows max 45 fps in game. Does anyone else have the same problem? Metro 2033 max out settings I get 30-65 fps.

Any good benchmarks software to run? Or any other suggestions.

I have a funny feeling that it is software related due to update. my gtx 550 ti max out on 30 - 60 fps in dota 2 same system. Deleted all nvidia drivers and then installed R9 280x drivers.
Does anyone running nvidia card have the same problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fps-drop-help-dota-2.1135264/
Relevancy 39.13%

This is a really strange bug. I can't figure out why it's not letting me specifically set the hotkey Alt+W for a command in the game. I can set Alt+Q and I can set W alone, but just this combination doesn't work. I'm so confused and I have no idea how to even begin to figure this out, so I came here.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/51935-cant-use-alt-w-hotkey-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have an urgent problem here it s been bugging me for a long time my computer keeps hanging - min into the game Dota a custom-map of Warcraft The weird thing is these incidents only happen on warcraft games Other games like counterstrike or Rakion do not have such occurrence Also note that my computer was initially fine months ago without having these hangings when playing Dota However ever since the trojan vundo attack which I had purged with instructions from malware section of techguy org these problems started happening with extreme frequency It will hang almost everytime I play a warcraft game Some people that I ve consulted said that [Warcraft Dota TFT] the computer s processing speed is getting low due to RAM and may cause games like Dota which has high FPS to hang However I have freed up most of the existing RAM with cleanup programs i e CCleaner it indicates there is still G Also I don t think graphic card is the problem as previously I have no such encounters So I guess maybe there re hidden trojans that may be hogging up my bandwith which hinders my computer processes causing Dota to freeze Any help would be appreciated thanks alot Here s my HijackThis logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Dota [Warcraft TFT] at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System DkLog exe C WINDOWS system dkvcm exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WUSB Gv exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C WINDOWS System dkcktkn exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system TrayIcon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Corsair Memory Corsair Memory Dashboard md exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files SafeNet iKey Series Software DkAutoReg exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Sprite Software Sprite Backup SpriteService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files VideoMate ComproRemote exe C Program Files Common Files VideoMate ComproScheduler exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com sg R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Pro... Read more

Relevancy 39.13%

Just recently I have been experiencing VERY Low fps in the game. During battles I get around 1-2 FPS. This happens in every game no matter who the host is. I never had this much of a problem before. I would get lagged a little but I wouldn't be this bad. I use all the lowest settings and I don't run any background programs while i play. I have a 3 GHz processor with only 512 mb of ram. I figured that may be the root of the problem but it has been fine for a couple of years. Now i cant even play because the fps is so poor. Can someone help me figure out how to locate the problem and fix it. Thanks.

A:Low FPS in DoTA (warcraft 3)

Do a spyware and virus check, to make sure that there really are no background programs running that you don't know about. Also, get the latest drivers for your video card, there may have been a patch or something to the game that takes advantage of newer drivers.

You might also want to try reinstalling the game if nothing works, just back up your saved games or any custom maps you may have.

Also, how old is the computer? Has the dust been cleaned out recently? If not, that could be a problem, it could be getting too hot, so the CPU is slowing down so that it doesn't overheat.

Those are the first things that come into my head, let us know what you try and if anything works!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-fps-in-dota-warcraft-3.620250/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi guys I have problems with my PC when i install dota2..when i want to shut down pc it wont,i have to unplug it from wall to shut it down,and then it wont start..i have to wait few hours to start up..when i delete dota 2 i dont have this problems...any ideas?

A:Dota 2 problems

Maybe it is causing too much heat on your machine??

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127879-dota-2-problems.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

Well, after several years of using Windows 7, I've got my first BSOD. Yes, first

I got the BSOD in the middle of a local game against Bots. I've noticed a drop in FPS after this new feature was implemented in the latest update of DOTA 2.

I'm attaching the file here following the instructions. Thanks in advance.

A:Dota 2 bsod

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {fffff8800c8410d0, 2, 0, fffff8800426013e}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for eamonm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for eamonm.sys
Probably caused by : eamonm.sys ( eamonm+313e )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8800c8410d0, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff8800426013e, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034b9100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034b91c0
fffff8800c8410d0 Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
eamonm+313e
fffff880`0426013e 483933 cmp qword ptr [rbx],rsi

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88006c14260 -- (.trap 0xfffff88006c14260)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8800426013e rsp=fffff88006c143f0 rbp=fffffa8007e8d0c0
r8=fffff88006c14510 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa800420f010
r11=fffff88006c14578 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
eamonm+0x313e:
fffff880`0426013e 483933 cmp qword ptr [rbx],rsi ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800032801e9 to fffff80003280c40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06c14118 fffff800`032801e9 : 00000000`0000000a fffff880`0c8410d0 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06c14120 fffff800`0327ee60 : fffffa80`009e82c0 fffff800`03270d34 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0c8410d0 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`06c14260 fffff880`0426013e : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04c36880 00000000`000007bc fffff880`01dffff8 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`06c143f0 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`04c36880 00000000`000007bc fffff880`01dffff8 ffffffff`ffffffd6 : eamonm+0x313e

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
eamonm+313e
fffff880`0426013e 483933 cmp qword ptr [rbx],rsi

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: eamonm+313e

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: eamonm

IMAGE_NAME: eamonm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 50a4f5d2

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xD1_eamonm+313e

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xD1_eamonm+313e

---------
Your BSOD was caused by Eset antivirus. Please remove it with the Eset Removal Tool to test: Uninstallers (removal tools) for commo... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280651-dota-2-bsod.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi everyone, first of all thank you for taking time to help me.

I recently bought new RAM (old one was 2x2go DDR3 1333Mhz), Now I have 2x4go DDR3

1866Mhz (XMP enabled) I have done a torture test (blend all cores loaded) with prime95

64bit for around 45 minutes with no BSOD at all. My only overclock was to increase the

intel turbo boost ratio up to 4.2Ghz. I got some BSODs playing dota 2, so I went back to

bios and put it back to default except for XMP and I still have the BSOD.

A:New RAM, BSOD playing dota 2

Welcome aboard

First, you need to update DirectX

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880076307ac, fffff8800b413420, 0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+fec )

The installed one is old enough.

Code:
kd> lmvm dxgmms1
start end module name
fffff880`07600000 fffff880`07646000 dxgmms1 (pdb symbols) c:\symcache\dxgmms1.pdb\0901C357E9E846EE8C2FBCC8107163201\dxgmms1.pdb
Loaded symbol image file: dxgmms1.sys
Mapped memory image file: c:\symcache\dxgmms1.sys\4CE799C146000\dxgmms1.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
Image name: dxgmms1.sys
Timestamp: Sat Nov 20 15:19:53 2010 (4CE799C1)
CheckSum: 00047A89
ImageSize: 00046000
File version: 6.1.7601.17514
Product version: 6.1.7601.17514
Second, You are also getting some hardware faults.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800980d028, be200000, 5110a}

Probably caused by : hardware
To deal with it, follow: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Third, Run memtest for at least 8 passes: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Let us know the results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250270-new-ram-bsod-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

hey guys...

i hope you guys can help me....i'm really having a hard time figuring out why pc goes blue screen of death whenever i play with garena(gg client)....when i had vista...it always crashes(bsod) even on 1v1!!!!i switched to xp and it still crashes 6 out of 10 times.....but when i play on my own...it doesnt bsod... the worst thing it can do is shut the program....only happens rarely.....

i have a laptop computer with:

T2050 1.6 ghz
2gb ram
intel gma 950

i hope you guys can help me with my problem.....thanks!!!

A:BSOD on warcraft dota?

The laptop may be overheating...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-warcraft-dota.128090/
Relevancy 38.7%

Guys help me please... My laptop keep Bsod especially when playing dota 2
I got different BSOD everytime
1. irql_not_less_or_equal
2. system service exception dxgmms1.sys
3. dpc watchdog violation

and many many more...

Here is my minidump :

Dropbox - minidump

Thanks

A:BSOD playing dota 2

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill your system specs more completely in.How to fill in your system specs:
Attachment 33919
Attachment 33920

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/19223-bsod-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Pentium(R) 4
3.00GHz
2.00 GB RAM
256 7800GT graphic card

how can i play dota without laging ... T.T

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lagging-when-playing-dota-362558.html
Relevancy 38.7%

i've been experience BSOD while playing dota 2 after changing a new videocard. i experience 1 BSOD per 1-2 games at first. but now it's like 2 BSOD per game. i think it's increasing as time passes by. need help please. thankyou.

edit: only happens when i play dota 2.

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi guys, I don't wan't to bother you but its getting annoying.

I reformatted my pc last night because of BSOD.(I intended to clean install anyway)

After re-installing everything I still getting the BSOD. So I did a memtest, no problem on that area.

Attachment 274329

BSOD happens only while playing DOTA 2.

A:BSOD while playing DOTA 2

Lol? Again?

Hey mate, it is all stop 0xF4. Can you supply the MSINFO32.nfo file?
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295528-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

hi guys i was playing dota 2 and suddenly my pc restarded and i got BSOD here is the file please take a look at the file and help me oh and nothing in my pc is overclocked if someone can help me it would be awesome thanks a lot and have a nice day! and i also got the BSOD at 1:29 am
and here is my System Specs
OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V GEN3
Memory G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
Graphics Card ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5
Sound Card HT | OMEGA Claro Halo
Hard Drives 1TB SATAII/128GB SSD

A:I got BSOD while playing dota 2

hi guys someone please help me please thanks a lot!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311360-i-got-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi guys, everytime I play a game called dota2, I get the BSOD. It only happens when I play this game. Any will gladly accept any help or advice you guys can give me. Thank you.

A:BSOD when playing dota 2

Hello,

It appears that you are running Windows 8. This forum is for Windows 7. However, we do have a website for W8. Please visit: Windows 8 Forums and we will assist you there!

-Gamer

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347776-bsod-when-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I was playing dota 2 when suddenly my computador gives me BSOD with random error, 0x0000000a and 0x000000003b...

My computer couldnt start after the BSOD so i disassemble and reconect my hd, memory ram. 25% of the time i was able to go to my start up menu desktop, otherwise my computer dont even turn the screen on, i had to press the power button and then press it again until i got lucky and start the windows.

One time i was able to run the BSOD analysis and then it was very dificult to start my computer again. It seems that this problem was getting worst and worst even without doing nothing to affect my windows...

Today i was able to run the system restore and im able now to use my computer (until now) but i am seriously thinking in format my pc.

A:BSOD while i was playing dota!

I have run memtest i got this error

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346937-bsod-while-i-playing-dota.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi everyone,
I have been getting random bluescreens while in a CS:GO or Dota 2 game, they happen at random times during the duration of my gaming session. I have also did a clean uninstall of my GPU driver and reinstalled from the AMD website. The Blue screens are mostly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, together with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that after I reinstalled the GPU drivers, it stopped for a few days and started again, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383293-bsod-while-playing-cs-go-dota-2-etc.html
Relevancy 38.7%

BSOD is happening after starting dota2.Not immediately but after 5-10 min.
BSOD does not happen for any other cause.

Please help
The related files uploaded.
Thanks

A:Bsod while playing dota 2

I would suggest updating your OS.....you have not yet updated to at least Service Pack 1. Apply all updates, then see if the system is stable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311822-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

hello guys

i have encountered bsod for the couple of days... ive got an i7 -4790 , 2g palit video card , 4 g ram ...i really need your help guys coz i want to know if its my ram or video card...

i have attached my .dmp files..

A:BSOD after closing DOTA 2

Allot of important info is missing from your zip, please follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to grab all and upload a new report here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379294-bsod-after-closing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have uploaded my system info file
Please help

A:BSOD while playing dota 2

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311774-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

So, I haven't checked my temps, or cleaned out the rig recently (will do that tomorrow), but it seems like the more demanding a game is, the more frequently I get a BSoD. Sometimes it won't happen for weeks. Today it's been excruciating.

Sometimes if I try to reboot immediately after the computer fans and lights will start running, but then crap out after a few seconds.

Can anyone give me an opinion?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8004B69028
BCP3: 00000000BE200000
BCP4: 000000000005110A
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\042814-17456-01.dmp
C:\Users\Linus\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40950-0.sysdata.xml

A:BSOD: D3, ESO, DotA 2, help me nerd!

Please upload the dump files by following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330004-bsod-d3-eso-dota-2-help-me-nerd.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

i have been experiencing crashes while playing DOTA 2 mostly. Started seeing it awhile ago, thought it might be a graphics thing, so i turned the setting all the way down, and it seemed to work for the most part, but it started popping up again.

i was due for a new graphics card, so i upgraded from my amd 5770 to a new amd r9 280. played one game on lowest settings against bots, worked fine. played another game on default settings against other players and crashed again.

usually is not a BSOD, it will either crash and restart, or freeze and need to be re-booted.

this is a homebuild, a few years old specs are

amd phenom II x4 955
amd radeon r9 280
8gb ddr3 1600 ripjaws
gigabyte motherboard
any help would be appreciated

A:Crash, mostly while playing DOTA 2

Whilst the .dmp files don't specifically isolate the cause, I see lots of tcpip references, pointing to a possible issue with the network drivers.

Start by checking that your Realtek and Broadcom driver are up to date (they look outdated to me) - check the manufacturers site for drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363973-crash-mostly-while-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

During nearly every match my game would freeze and cause a machine check exception, just happends in dota, I can play other games Like GTA V without issue, but Dota. First I thought it was overheat issue cuz the temperature was at 65?, now i boosted my fans and i got 50? while playing, so thats not the problem. Tried changing the compatibility since I have Windows 10 enterprise, switched to Windows 8 and 7 compatibility but still have the same problem. Tried also the max fps 60 in the console so processor works less (was at 120 fps), lowered resolution and continues to shut off randomly starting I do not understand what happens, I'm close to leave dota, already 2 days without play due to 24 hours of penalty for abandonment x 2, cant play until if fix this.
What can i do?
PC specs: I7 5775C 8gb ram I have no video card, but that shouldnt matters the integrated is Iris 6200

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50956-bsod-when-i-play-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello guys, I get the BSOD everytime I play dota 2. It used to happen before but it stopped after i changed my windows from 8.1 to 8 again, now its back again. I've attached the required file for you guys. Any help, tips or comments will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD when playing dota 2

Hi meaculpa31 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Sun Oct 5 05:36:00.229 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\100414-36878-01.dmp]

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64

Built by: 9200.16912.amd64fre.win8_gdr.140502-1507

System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:37.941

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiInterruptDispatchNoLockNoEtw+34a )

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff802aae6f99a, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
BugCheck Info: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)

Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff802aae6f99a, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: ffffffffffffffff, Parameter 1 of the exception
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005_R

PROCESS_NAME: System

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1E_c0000005_R_nt!KiInterruptDispatchNoLockNoEtw

BIOS Version F2

BIOS Release Date 08/10/2012

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Product Name GA-78LMT-USB3

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sat Oct 4 09:49:23.046 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\100314-23618-01.dmp]

Built by: 9200.16864.amd64fre.win8_gdr.140309-1509

System Uptime: 0 days 23:49:34.193

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+3ecfe )

BugCheck C4, {91, 0, fffff880009cff40, 0}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000091, A driver switched stacks using a method that is not supported by
the operating system. The only supported way to extend a kernel
mode stack is by using KeExpandKernelStackAndCallout.
Arg2: 0000000000000000
Arg3: fffff880009cff40
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_91

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc4_91_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_

BIOS Version F2

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Mon Sep 29 10:10:36.655 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\093014-32463-01.dmp]

Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247

System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:08.372

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiInterruptDispatchNoLockNoEtw+34a )

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8030f4e0d6a, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
BugCheck Info: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)

Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8030f4e0d6a, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: ffffffffffffffff, Parameter 1 of the exception
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005_R

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1E_c0000005_R_nt!KiInterruptDispatchNoLockNoEtw

BIOS Version F2

**************************Mon Sep 29 06:28:57.446 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\092814-38220-01.dmp]

Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247

System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:32.163

Probably caused by : Pool... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54913-bsod-when-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I just finished building my new PC and I am unable to start Counter-Strike Global Offensive The game starts and then suddenly just goes back to desktop no error messages nothing DOTA starts just fine and I can play it just fine no problems whatsoever Sometimes I manage to stay in CS for like to minutes but launch, does wont DOTA 2 CS:GO mostly it just shows a black screen and back to desktop it is My PC is Asus Z Pro Gaming Intel i K GeForce CS:GO wont launch, DOTA 2 does GTX Gb DDR RAM x Gb Samsung GB EVO SSD quot SEAGATE BARRACUDA TB quot nothing CS:GO wont launch, DOTA 2 does there atm in fact dont even see it but thats just Windows issue right Cooler Master B V W ATX One thing I noticed was that Steam installs Microsoft vc redist package and directx everytime I start DOTA and when I start CS GO it installs directx again everytime I ran the Microsoft RAM tester and it didn't find anything wrong with the RAM I've also tried verifying game cache of CS GO and also reinstalled it nothing helped My graphics drivers are the latest version Any suggestions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/cs-go-wont-launch-dota-2-does-1069730.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi there. i've been getting this blue screen Death for couple of days , i've never experienced this before ,
i've changed the whole windows for the BSOD but still i keep getting the blue screen while playing dota 2, any help would be appreciated,

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386586-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey! dota2 worked fine on my pc for three months but then it started giving bsods so i set the graphics to low but it didn't help and i kept getting this one bsod after starting dota2 for 5-10 mins: DXGMMS1.sys

Here is my system information collected by SF Diagnostic tool and Dm log collector:

A:BSOD while playing DOTA 2

It appears a piece of hardware is faulty, either the GPU or CPU.
I recommend running Prime95 and Furmark to see which hardware piece is faulty.

Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {ee000000, 2, 1, 82e78620}

Probably caused by : hardware

---------
*** Possible invalid call from 82ea3b7d ( nt!MiInsertPageInFreeOrZeroedList+0x1e7 )
*** Expected target 82e785f0 ( nt!KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLockAtDpcLevel+0x0 )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328521-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

Ive been playing dota 2 for a while, but recently I started to have some BSOD all the time, just when I play dota 2. Can anyone help me?

Cheers,

Every single dump is blaming your ATI driver.

Code:
fffff880`0372b438 fffff880`0a331b61Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
atikmdag+0x7eb61

4: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`0a2b3000 fffff880`0b31d000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Mon Sep 15 23:21:08 2014 (54176654)
CheckSum: 00FFED07
ImageSize: 0106A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Download the 13.9 driver from here then use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc. Reboot and install the 13.9 driver.

Note
When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/350223-bsod-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

hello, I have been having BSOD crashes ingame while on Dota 2. Here is the zip file uploaded, thanks

A:BSOD while playing Dota 2

Hi kevtk.

There are multiple issues.

One is the failing WiFi.

Code:
>[ 16, 2] 0 0 fffffa8009a5a050 00000000 00000000-00000000
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwNs64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwNs64.sys
\Driver\NETwNs64
Args: 00015400 00000000 00000005 00000003
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8009c08c70 00000000 fffff800034d0210-fffffa800c95cd40 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\vwifibus nt!PopSystemIrpCompletion
Args: 00015400 00000000 00000005 00000003
And the driver is old.

Code:
Image name: NETwNs64.sys
Timestamp: Sun Sep 18 14:56:48 2011 (4E75B958)
It is apparent that an update to the driver is supposed to fix the issue. Download and install Intel? PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7 which works for your device Intel? Centrino? Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150.

The other fold of the issue is display/graphics.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800ddf2010, fffff8800f3c051c, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+91951c )

---------
Uninstall the installed latest version of the display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller and then install 340.52 WHQL only.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348862-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all, im new here

it happened when i was playing dota 2 online, always appear BSOD. Here I attach dm log collector

thanks before
sorry for my bad english

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380300-help-me-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey guys, I recently had some BSOD problems with any online game and it was fixed by one of your BSOD helper dudes

Ever since then (only about a week ago) I've been able to play any game without a crash, except for Dota 2.

If anyone could help me out with my problem, here is the minidump file of the BSOD.

Thanks,
Travesh

A:BSOD Only While Playing Dota 2

Quote: Originally Posted by Travesh

Hey guys, I recently had some BSOD problems with any online game and it was fixed by one of your BSOD helper dudes

Ever since then (only about a week ago) I've been able to play any game without a crash, except for Dota 2.

If anyone could help me out with my problem, here is the minidump file of the BSOD.

Thanks,
Travesh

Hello Travesh,

Dump file didn't have anything specific to Dota 2. If it's only happening a specific game then it could be the game itself. I saw you have already ran the MemTest86+ and came out clean.

If your Overclocking the processor pleas stop it. Try to contact thier support and see if there is any updates or patches available because seems like it's very common problem with Dota 2.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Shyam\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\072912-29250-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Debug session time: Mon Jul 30 01:49:53.504 2012 (GMT+5)
System Uptime: 1 days 5:31:33.022
BugCheck 50, {fffffa80524c0428, 0, fffff800035dc11c, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiEmptyPageAccessLog+dc )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: IDVault.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!MiEmptyPageAccessLog+dc
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffffa80`524c0428 00000000`00000000 fffff800`035dc11c 00000000`00000005
BiosVersion = F11
BiosReleaseDate = 07/19/2010
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = P55M-UD4
MaxSpeed: 2670
CurrentSpeed: 2664

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243491-bsod-only-while-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey playing BSOD Dota when guys So I've been having this issue for a couple of years now where I can be BSOD when playing Dota playing Dota for any amount of time before my screens suddenly drop out like they've lost connection and begin to flash My computer will run for a while longer given I can tell when I've got music playing but if I leave it for long enough it will fully crash bsod This is a problem which tends to be bad for - weeks then it will be fine for a few months before reoccurring again I used to have x gtx cards in I always thought that was the problem so I always used to switch them out and the slots they were in currently only have the one in Decided to finally look into the problem a little more for the first time last night looking at my most recent dmp file the errors I was getting - WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for win k sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win k sys Probably caused by nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm I googled the nvlddmkm sys issue and that seemed to point to a Nividia driver issue I followed what was suggested online and did a clean install of my graphics card driver just before and as soon as I opened up Dota it crashed usually it wouldn't happen until I'd connected to a server to start playing a game so if anything it made it worse Any help suggestions as to what would be causing this issue would be much appreciated Here is a dropbox link to my DM Log Collector findings - Dropbox - DYLAN-PC-Fri zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/401400-bsod-when-playing-dota.html
Relevancy 38.7%

? OS - Windows 7
? x64
? Has had multiple installs of Windows 7 (Full Retail)
? System is under a year old
? Last install of OS was about 6 months ago

? AMD X4 955
? Nvidia GTX 550 (tow way SLi)
? Asus Crosshair V Formula
? Corsair GS800

Thanks for any info I can get. I think it is related to the SLi drivers.

A:BSOD during Skyrim and Dota 2

Hello bluemoonshiner and welcome to TSF!

Various different bugchecks, one of them being x124 hardware. Since we're only seeing one, I don't think it's CPU related unless I missed one as there's no consistency of x124.

On July 12th, you got a BE bugcheck in which the driver SteelBus64.sys (SteelSeries Bus Enumerator) tried to write to read-only memory. Since then, it has not shown up in another dump file, but it still listed in your modules list as the same time & date (so it wasn't updated or removed).
I would recommend making sure the software / driver for this device is up to date here. If it is at its latest version, I would recommend removing the device just to be sure this is not the culprit.

dtsoftbus01.sys is listed which is the Daemon Tools driver. Please fully remove/uninstall DT from your system as it is a very popular causer of BSOD's. Optional visualization programs are: MagicISO, ImgBurn, PowerISO, etc.

Driver(s) in need of update:

Quote:

regi.sys - Mon Apr 16 11:19:10 2007 (InterVideo regi.sys driver). Update if available here.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-during-skyrim-and-dota-2-a-656393.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I know I have another open thread, but this BSOD is unrelated to the other one.

When I am playing Dota 2 (PC Game) I often get a BSOD a couple of minutes in. I tried turning overclocking off, and lowering the graphics settings, but it still happens. My video card used to overheat (up to 105C at some cases, but usually below 100C) but the fan was cleaned and now it stays at a reasonable temperature. I'm afraid it might have suffered permanent damage from the heat. Is that consistent with the error I'm getting? (0x00000116)

EDIT: I forgot to add that the BSOD used to happen very occasionally when playing DOTA 2. Then over time they became more common until they happen more often then not now. That's why I think it might be heat damage.

A:BSOD When Playing Dota 2

Hello kotoran.

The BSODs you uploaded are showing stop 0x116, that indicates display/graphics related BSODs.

It may be caused by some elements like an incompetent graphics driver, failing GPU, overheating, dust allocation, and insufficient power supply, mainly.

In that case, I would suggest you to do the following.

For the graphics driver, check the version of the driver in device manager.
Right click on my computer > choose manage.
In the resulting window, click on "device management" in the left pane.
Expand the "display Drivers" by clicking the triangle in front of it. It will show you Raedon HD 4800.
Right click and choose property.
Click on the driver tab of the property window.
Take a screenshot and upload it here.
Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know about the wattage of the PSU.

Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8008a4c010, fffff88003d1deec, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+8eec )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8008a4c010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88003d1deec, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+8eec
fffff880`03d1deec 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`057e29c8 fffff880`04531054 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`08a4c010 fffff880`03d1deec 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`057e29d0 fffff880`04530d5e : fffff880`03d1deec fffffa80`08a4c010 fffffa80`08515d50 fffffa80`08e8d410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`057e2a10 fffff880`0440ff13 : fffffa80`08a4c010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08515d50 fffffa80`08e8d410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`057e2a40 fffff880`04439cf1 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`0001033d 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`057e2b20 fffff880`... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298141-bsod-when-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello even though my problems are mostly associated with Dota I crashes, Dota mostly and 2 during BSOD's still consider this not a gaming related problem in itself To be concise I've been having BSOD's mostly while playing Dota lately The timing of the event seems to be completely random and doesn't require anything effect-heavy to happen on the screen The problems appeared after I fixed some similar problems with Dota by changing its BSOD's and crashes, mostly during Dota 2 registry writing rights I am not at very advanced level with computers so I cannot remember where I did this but it didn't seem to be very deep dug and instructions for this did not warn for anything hugely fatal Here is the actual guide I followed Ultimate DOTA Crash Prevention and Repair Tips - Blog by alishathomaz - IGN In addition to this I cleaned the registry with Ccleaner disabled Vsync and AA from Dota and put it on borderless windowed -mode After these changes the game ran perfectly for about weeks after which BSOD's started The BSOD screen itself informs me that it is a video scheduler error code If I remember right I haven't tried that many things yet just sweeped the video drivers with Driver Fusion and reinstalled the most recent drivers I just hoped that my dumpfile might shed more light on the problem Computer specs CPU Intel i - k ghz GPU Nvidia GTX Ti RAM gb OS Win -bit Attached is my dumpfile concerning the most recent crash today I'm sorry if this message is chaotic or something vital is missing I'm just very agitated about my computer acting up Just ask me for any information and I will supply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-and-crashes-mostly-during-dota-2-a-875162.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello, please could anybody help me? I get the BSOD when I play DotA 2.. its not imediately but after 5-10 mins. I have tryed to install the newest drivers for everything including my graphic card. I also tryed to set everything video on minimum but it didnt help as well. Thank you for your hints.

A:BSOD while playing DotA 2

Hello,

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html instructions. This way we can assist you further.

-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242613-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Around last week i been getting BSOD crashes , this happens mostly when i shut down a program (dota 2 , skype , internet browser , etc) and sometimes the computer freezes and then it crashes.

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348537-bsod-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

everytime im finding match in Dota 2 i get BSOD after the loading screen..

Please help me with my problem..

A:BSOD when playing Dota 2

Please Help us in our problems >.<

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328060-bsod-when-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

bsod while playing dota2 in early game
thanks for any help

Attachment 342815

A:BSOD playing Dota 2

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/354927-bsod-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi techies out there, I have been playing Dota 2 for over 100 hours on my laptop and it is fine until the past recent week. My laptop is a month old and nothing happens when I play Dota 2 for the past 20 days or so.

Attached my dump files and dxdiag please have a look at it.

Checked all the dump files and it is caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Tried reformatting my laptop and it isn't helping.

Hope you guys can read my post and help me solve my problems.

Attachment 205487

Attachment 205488

Attachment 205489

Attachment 205490

A:Always BSOD when playing Dota 2

No DMP's were included...

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32. To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222475-always-bsod-when-playing-dota-2-a.html