Windows Support Forum

Acer won't boot up

Q: Acer won't boot up

I have an acer aspire 5315 and when I boot it up with the power adapter plugged in nothing happens. Then when I boot it up using only the battery power, it attempts to boot but this only lasts for a few seconds and shuts off again.any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer won't boot up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer won't boot up

Remove the battery and try the AC only and see if it boots up?

Also what happen prior to this issue?
Did the laptop shutdown after a crash?

Check AC power that AC power cord and adapter can be replaced from online vendors cost is pretty cheap. I own two ACER/GATEWAY laptop and ACER Netbook both use the same AC adapter. To test your adapter you need what is called a multi- AC/DC tester it has positive and negative leads. If you don't want to get to technical you can replace the AC power adapter.

1. Rule out that the AC power adapter is defective?
2. Rule out that the Battery is defective or just plain dead?
3. If AC power only without battery installed won't start-up the laptop then you know AC power adapter is bad.
4. Check the pin connection using a flashlight to see if the pin inside the laptop is bent? If this is bent or damage then the laptop needs to be repaired. Normally this would be easy to fix most trained service tech would replace the module for the power adapter if such a part exist or they would replace the entire MOBO (motherboard).

Is the laptop running Windows 7 or 8?

Your model AC Adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Supply-19V-3-42a-1-77mm/dp/B001MQ694W if you need to replace it that battery is on this link too. Both are really not to expensive. You should always have a replacement battery and AC power adapter around just in case of problems like this one.

Also if it's not the AC adapter or battery then you're looking at a defective MOBO (motherboard) or defective HDD. This laptop would need to be troubleshooted though to make sure what's the issue could be. But with the above info you should be able to figure most of what the issue could be.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-wont-boot-up.189783/
Relevancy 49.02%

can anyone help, i restarted my aspire 1642wlmi last night. when i restarted it everything was going normal untill it got to the blue screen that says acer aspire series, before the users of the computer show up. it just freezes on that screen. i've restored all the default settings and that hasn't done any good. thanks for your help on the matter. i do appreciate any info that you can give me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wont-boot-up-past-the-blue-acer-screen-acer-aspier-1642-a-323847.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 48.16%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 43%

My Acer Aspire 5612z, Dual-core celeron, 2GB ram, vista home premium 32bit, has two separate problems. Screen is filled with vertical red blue and white vertical stripes, if I tap the screen frame then the picture is ok for 30 mins or so, then goes stripey again. (Poss fault on FL board?).
Second, Laptop boots, 20 seconds, to Acer screen then stops.
Can only switch off power from that point.

A:Acer Aspire screen problem and only boot to Acer screen

Tapping the screen you could have a loose connection from the LCD Panel to the MOBO connector, but you see if you did the screen would dim out. In your case you have the the same issues that tell me that the LCD Panel is faulty. If this unit is still under warranty then have ACER service the unit or take it to ACER dealer who can either send it back to ACER or they can order the panel and replace it for you at no cost, but then it has to be under warranty. If not you'll have to pay the cost of ordering the part, labor to install it. Find out cost prior to signing any agreement.

On your other issue, did you replace or upgrade the battery or memory? If not then remove the battery and plugin the power only. Try this again does it boot the ACER logo and Windows. Can you put your ear down to the keys or palm rest and hear the HDD spinning up?
If not either the HDD is DOA or faulty power module on the MOBO or just bad MOBO. Again same as above if it's under warranty call or take it to ACER factory service dealer.

Make sure if you had a good battery on this laptop that all switches are switched to the lock mode for the battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-screen-problem-and-only-boot-to-acer-screen.140058/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have an Acer Aspire M T with a SSD Gb Gb HD When I bought it I made it dual boot resizing it partition inside Windows and then installing Ubuntu Ok worked fine for last months Now after getting some bloatware that turned my dev tools broken I needed to make a clean Windows installation After playing around with its SSD I opted to use the factory restore of the system It gave me a quot clean quot Windows installation but as expected I lost grub as the boot manager Trying to restore it I changed the boot mode do Legacy instead of EFI But now I am not able to enter BIOS again Cannot Legacy Acer Boot Bug - anything boot and I don't know which is the current boot order as it only gets quot frozen quot in the Acer logo with options to enter Set-up with F or Boot Order with F but no one of this options works I tried to start with a Windows installation disk Acer Legacy Boot Bug - Cannot boot anything an Ubuntu installation disk or even a bootable USB with Windows and Ubuntu but none of this options seems to be working Anyone knows something I can try before attempting to send it to repair Maybe a way to reflash or reset BIOS

A:Acer Legacy Boot Bug - Cannot boot anything

Try pressing and holding the Fn key, then the Function key (ie F2 or F12).

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56434-acer-legacy-boot-bug-cannot-boot-anything.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Model no. ZRF Screen went black. Won't boot. Tried to reinstall Chrome OS. With sad card. Also with USB flash drive. Each time I got message that unexpected error occurred. Tried to open and dis- re- connect battery, but couldn't get open. It was stuck where the power supply enters.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Acer-CB5-571-won-t-boot/td-p/441995/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an Acer Aspire V - It was upgraded to Windows from Windows I tried a windows system reset because it had a lot of junk on it and I wanted to start fresh Half way through the reset the PC said it had failed My only option was to click OK It rebooted and then would not boot past the Acer logo I let it sit for an hour or two like this I then decided to reinstall Windows fresh from USB Same thing I tried a DVD as well Still frozen V5-551 not anything boot Acer will I then removed the hdd and tried a different one that was brand new Same thing When I remove all the drives and Acer V5-551 will not boot anything USB drives and DVDs it Acer V5-551 will not boot anything says there is no bootable device When I plug in just a USB install drive or just a Windows install DVD it freezes It seems nothing will boot at all I tried some other boot media like a live linux disc and Hirens but nothing will boot nbsp nbsp Here's the kicker I saw on some other forums that setting the BIOS to Legacy would help with this I press F to get into the BIOS and it says ENTER CURRENT PASSWORD I never even set one on the BIOS I never set one on the BIOS on any of my machines nbsp nbsp I either need to nbsp Find a way to boot something anything at this point Get a default BIOS password or get the password somehow Clear the CMOS somehow removing the battery on the motherboard for a few hours did nothing Trash it nbsp nbsp I don't want to go with because it was JUST working Does anyone have any tips or similar experience

A:Acer V5-551 will not boot anything

Here are some images of various stages of troubleshooting http://imgur.com/a/G7rhO 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-V5-551-will-not-boot-anything/td-p/441557/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 40.42%

Model no. ZRF Screen went black. Won't boot. Tried to reinstall Chrome OS. With sad card. Also with USB flash drive. Each time I got message that unexpected error occurred. Tried to open and dis- re- connect battery, but couldn't get open. It was stuck where the power supply enters.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Acer-CB5-571-won-t-boot/td-p/441995
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a acer that will not give display or bootup. The power on button lit up but no display or cannot even hear the hd startup.

Help please.

Patrick

A:Acer PC won't boot up

Hi emmanp01,

This tutorial may be helpful, it sounds as though your machine isn't posting.

Once you have tried the steps, we will have a better idea as to whats going on because it could be a number of things. Hopefully you should get it up and running through the guide however.

Let us know how you get on

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-pc-wont-boot-up.129554/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi There,
I need some help with this Acer Aspire 7004wsmi, the pc wont boot up at all, when you press the power button it goes green for on but then nothing else happens. I have removed the hard drive and the ram and still once i put it all back together it still wont start. I have tried removing the battery for an hour but the fault is still there.
can anyone help please,
mick

A:Acer - No Boot

Hi,

this sympton can be caused by many things, some of these include, faulty RAM, faulty cpu, faulty graphics chip, cracked solder on motherboard/components, power issues the list goes on.

If its a faulty component then simply removing it for a while then putting it back in isn't going to make a difference unfortunatly. Unless you have other components available for testing then i'd recomend taking it to someone who can check everything out for you - someone who has spare parts to hand who can do the trial and error checking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-no-boot-604085.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all I have a Acer G and it won t boot up When I press the on button the fan on the PSU and fan on the processor start and the power on green led is lit as is the amber led - which I thought was only lit when in standy hibernation mode There is a slight burning smell not sure if the pc s fried itself or if it s just dust The harddrive does not spin and there is nothing on the monitor - it just doesn t get that far There are no post start up beeps Here s some more information which may confuse or help when boot Acer won't up I Acer won't boot up first looked at it it started up well as described above anyway when I turned the mains power on which it shouldn t as it has its own on off switch on the PC When I took the battery out on the motherboard and tried again it didn t start automatically I had to press the on off I thoughts are that with both green and amber LED lit it is trying to tell me something I have not installed any hardware or played with the hardware before Any suggestions on what I can do Thanks guys nbsp

A:Acer won't boot up

The problem (I think)

Hi

Just had a brain wave and checked the power supply unit, it stinks! Took it out and it looks as if a capacitor (?spelling) has blown. I guess there was enough power to run the two fans and LEDS???

My next question is, I assume these power supply units are easy to replace. How do I go about getting one with all the power cables I need? For example, mine powers the following:

CD, DVD, floppy, motherboard, media card, hard drive

Do I find someone to fix the power unit or can I buy a new one specifically for my PC?

Last question, anyone reading this from Australia and ideally Brisbane - know which shop????

Thanks guys and gals

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-wont-boot-up.33267/
Relevancy 39.99%

We have an Acer Aspire 3690-2900 with an Intel Celeron M processor 420. It has Windows Vista Basic operating software with Phoenix Technologies Bios. It boots to the ACER/Intel screen and at the bottom left say,"Press to Enter Setup. When you press it goes to a page and the last few sentences says "Videos Bios Shadowed" and the next says "XXXX Bios Shadowed." The "Entering Setup . . . "
It stops there and does not do anything else. If you press a key on the keyboard, they will just beep. Any thought on how to get this up and running? Thanks to all who reply. Sparkknock.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-wont-boot.641563/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an Acer Aspire asa85-uc521h desktop that only boots the Acer Logo. I turn it on and it makes one beep, the lights and fan come on and it stops at the Acer logo screen. I have tried del and f12 as per screen instructions to no avail. I have tried to start with a cd, removed and returned the cmos both with the same results. Can someone please help

Relevancy 39.99%

Will not boot even in safe mode

A:Acer 5320 will not boot

Hi and welcome to TSF what have you tried ie remove all power including the battery then hold down the power button for 30 to 45 seconds,remove and reseat your ram,checked the ac adapter is working

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-5320-will-not-boot-677133.html
Relevancy 39.99%

About a year and a half ago i bought a acer V3-571. for the last 4 months, every once and a while, it decides not not turn on. this is what happens:
When i press the power button the power button light was well as the power indicator lights turns on for only about 5 to 10 secconds then it turns off.
The screen does not turn on, it just stays black.
eventually, after pressing the button for a couple of days it decides to turn on.
some times this problem lasts only a day but sometimes it last a couple of weeks.
i have tried all of the typical things: press the button down for X amount of time, or strip the pc first then press the button. none of these work reliably.
i just want to know what is happening and how i can prevent it from ever happening again?

A:acer v3-571 boot fail

is it plugged into the charger when trying to do it? if so culd b bad charger/bad battery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-v3-571-boot-fail.1112665/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi! This morning I turned on my laptop. It booted normally. I was able to go online then it crashed . The screen that flashed was so fast I couldn't read it all. I went to advanced system care and scanned and repaired as it said. Restarted fine then crashed again . I attempted a restore and it crashed in the middle of a restore. When I restarted in safe mode...it tried to scan for start up problems..but crashed then too...now I turn it on the fan come on for maybe 2 seconds and nothing else happens. I have not downloaded any new software and it was working fine yesterday. Anyone with any suggestions ?
Thank you!

A:Acer laptop won't boot

Only few suggestions I can make regarding simple hardware checks:
- Run with battery alone (unplug AC adapter)
- Run with AC adapter alone (remove battery)
- Remove both battery and adapter and press power for 30 seconds, re-plug and see if it boots
- Remove HDD (possibly 4-6 screws holding the HDD bay) and see if it starts

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377375-acer-laptop-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My son's Acer Aspire AM5100 won't start. Fans didn't even start. Opened, found tons of crud on CPU heat sink, removed fan, cleaned off heat sink, replace fan. Still no start. Removed CMOS for one hour, held power button on for one minute. Fans finally started but no boot. No beep. Reseated all plugs, removed and reinstalled RAM. No burn marks on Mobo. What next?

Relevancy 39.99%

when i start my computer it said that the bootmgr was compressed. I sorted this by unchecking the compress drive with the recovery tools. It still doesnt load, i get the manufacturers logo at the start as normal but then i get a black screen. I got the startup repair diagnostics and it said a patch is stopping it from loading properly. Can anyone help me???

A:acer boot problem

if you have a solution please email it to me at [email protected] as i am currently using a phone internet and the email is much easier to access. Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-boot-problem-447222.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Any one able to help I can't restore my acer computer to factor windows failed to start a recent hardware or softwere change might be the cause to fix the problem. Insert the installation disc witch I don't have at I got it second hand what do I do

A:my acer computer has will not boot

I'm having a lot of trouble parsing that collection of words. If your problem is that you do not have a way to install or recover a genuine legal Windows the solution is to purchase a genuine legal Windows from a reputable retailer or get acquainted with Linux distributions.

Have you tried booting to 'last good configuration' or to Safe Mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-acer-computer-has-will-not-boot.1078560/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an Acer Aspire that worked for about months and now boot my please Acer Cant hellp will not boot through to Windows For a long time it would flash the Cant boot my Acer please hellp green around the power make a weird noise and then quit After reading some advice on this forum though I was finally able to get to the ACER splash screen Now when I turn the power on the ACER splash screen will load and I am able to get into my BIOS settings with F After that though a black screen with a blinking cursor underscore not mouse pointer in the top left hand corner What I have tried so far Pressing the Lock keys while at the black screen --My result The computer acknowledges these by their corresponding lights coming on Popping a CD in while at the screen --My result The CD drive sounds like it is reading the CD but nothing happens on screen or audiolly Tried with software CD and music CD Putting a cordless mouse's usb stick in the usb drive --My result The mouse will light up which tells me the usb drive is working but nothing changes on screen Holding SHIFT to try to get sticky keys to come up --My result Nothing happens Typing Windows Key R c windows explorer exe to see if anything will happen from that screen --My result after quot L quot everything I type beeps nothing appears on the screen when typing I have tried typing miscellaneous other things as well but after a few words the laptop seems to stop humoring me and just starts beeping with every key CTRL ALT DEL --My result The computer shuts off as soon as this combination is hit Booting with just power cord just battery and both --My result The same with any I have also verified the power cable works with another laptop Alt F to get to erecovery --My result The same black screen verified D D recovery enabled in BIOS Leaving it on the black screen for an hour --My result The screen still there Downloading a Windows Vista repair iso and burning to disc Setting boot to CD from F --My result Sounds like disc spins black screen with cursor appears and then screen goes blank and laptop turns off A motherboard analyzer from ebay --My result Code --FF appears can not find the manual to figure out what that means though Eating ice cream --My result I forgot to start the dishwasher and have no clean spoons Okay so the last one is not relative to the computer issue but it sure adds to the frustration for me - About times instead of the black screen with the cursor it will say NVIDIA Boot Agent A line about NVIDIA copyright A line about Intel copyright Underscore cursor and then it will shut right off I can not figure out when these come up what is different than before Once and only once it came up with this after the ACER splash screen NVIDIA Boot Agent Copyright c - NVIDIA Corporation Copyright c - Intel Corporation PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent It stayed on for about seconds and then turned off I copied it as closely as I could knowing it would probably turn off but there are probably some missed punctuation words or mistyped numbers I do not really have any experience with all this behind-the-scenes hardware stuff but I can follow directions so if anyone has some helpful suggestions I would really really appreciate it From browsing this forum it has become apparent that Acer Aspires are not necessarily the most reliable laptops I hope though that you can respect that if I would think of an answer like quot get a new laptop quot or quot buy something that works quot as great advice I probably would not have bothered writing this all out please hellp

A:Cant boot my Acer please hellp

Is the HDD detected in the BIOS?

Verify that the HDD is listed in the boot options.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-boot-my-acer-please-hellp-486817.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Last night I downloaded to my laptop from 2 cd's from church services. When I was in the middle of downloading the 3rd one, my screen went blank and my laptop shut down. I let it cool down overnight and tried to boot up this morning. After I push the power button down, it acts like it is going to try to start and then it just totally shuts down. Please help!

A:Acer laptop will not boot up

Have a look at Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-will-not-boot-up.125486/
Relevancy 39.99%

So i wanted to factory reset my Acer Revo rl80. I went into settings and did it so it deletes all files and settings and apps but doesn't fully clean the drive. I left it for an hour and came back and it was at 1%, then I left it over night and it was still at 1%. I turned off the computer and left it for a while. When a turned it back on it was stuck in the boot screen . I read up and did alt f10 so it went to the trouble shooting guide thing. People said to factory reset the computer and so did acer when I contacted them. But the computer just got stuck on 1% like before, even though I left it over night. I think that my only option is to use the recovery disk, but they got lost. I was wondering what I could do or if I can rebuy the recovery disk? Thanks

A:Acer Stuck In Boot

Sorry your having problems with your Revo 80.... You should be able to get a eRecovery from the Acer Store You can get there by clicking the Acer Logo at the top of the page, Your country area of support. Then click on Acer Store icon it will be top almost far right. Then Far right should be eRecovery. You can Click this link and go right there. I took out the Steps for you  http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/ Then with your SNID or Serial # you can get your Media for your system. They will send everything as it came and should set it back with everything as if you just brought it home from the store... I have a lot of systems, and I to lke to loose the USB for my Recovery. So I now have them in Envelopes with name of the system and date when made. Then put them in my Drawer. Before they would get tossed around the desk area for a while end up in a box and wouldn't find them until long after needing them LOL... Hope this HelpsJames

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Acer-Stuck-In-Boot/td-p/407408
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. When I try, it show Acer logo and don't go far. It show "insert bootable..." . I check in BIOS the order and it is HDD first nad CD second. I haven't chance to make a choice like "rescue or restaure or else. In BIOS I can make the choice to boot on Windows 7 or 8.1 but it's not booting with one or the other. I think it's need an reinstall disk but I don't have this disk and I can't have access to partitions. Do I can have a reinstall disk ? Is it free or I have to buy ? Please help me.Daniel 

A:I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. Whe...

i don't think that you are able to select windows 7 or 8.1 from BIOS, maybe it's a bootloader that gives you that option. press Del to enter BIOS and check if D2D support is enabled, if not, enabled it and then press F10, save and exit.at next reboot, press Alt+F10 to enter Acer erecovery, if this doesn't work, you need to buy Acer recovery disks. Acer recovery mediaif you are in the US you can buy it:http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/if you are outside the US, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-and-it-s-not-boot-When-I-try-it-show/td-p/420902
Relevancy 39.99%

#aster56 I was just wondering if you managed to find out what your problem was, cuz I like you got mine from bright house but it is too late to take it back as it's all paid for now and iv had it for 5 to 6 yrs now since March 2008, it's been a brill computer and iv had no problems whatsoever but now it's like yours won't boot up, won't recognize USB mouse monitor or keyboard. Tho the fan is going and DVD drive opens, but I haven't opened the back, I was just using it and it was going slow I just clicked the mouse a few times and it went off, and hasn't come back on since, I am quite upset as I had loads if photos videos and music I hadn't backed up. Any chance of it coming back to life or has it had it?

A:Acer M5100 won't boot up

Assuming your computer won't turn on or won't display anything on the screen you may want to start by trying a working power supply from another computer, that's usually what goes first in many computers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-m5100-wont-boot-up.1119032/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an Acer Aspire ZC desktop which i been having problems with for the past few weeks This is needed very badly it is used for my business which i use the internet all day and credit card sales Unfortunatly i didnt have an internet security on it at the time When i rebooted my computer weeks ago the acer logo would appear and it would show it is loading but would never go past this part I am very frustrated I have tried to go to last know config ive tried the Alt F and tried system restore system reset and also in the BIOS I was told to make sure the D D was enabled which it was that didnt work Im not to bad on computers and have fixed these problems before but not this time I am running windows Im in desperate need of this running properly asap I registered today as i was told that the answers are here so if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate it Thank You

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-will-not-boot-Please-help/td-p/463312
Relevancy 39.99%

I've had the netbook for about 2 years, and it has performed very well.

One night I shut it down normally and the next morning when I turned it on windows XP Home edition started normal for about 20 secs, and a fast blue screen comes up which I can't read.

Then a b&w screen comes up saying windows could not start, and gave me several options. I've tried them all.

What happens is windows tries starting but I always come back to the black and white screen.

I can't get into safe mode.

I have the factory restore disks, but don't want to lose the data on the hdd.

Is the hdd toast?

A:Acer Aspire One won't boot

On the Safe Mode menu there is an option to disable the automatic reboot. That will allow you to check the blue screen for error codes.

When you say you can't get into safe mode does that mean you get the blue screen when booting to safe mode also?

Chances are the data is fine but there's no way to know without additional testing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-one-wont-boot-559819.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I fell asleep with my laptop on my bed and in the morning I found it on the floor open. It didn't seem to receive any external damage at all, though every program froze up. Thinking that it would help, I turned it off and turned it back on. Now it won't boot past the acer logo. It gets to the green acer logo and just stays like that. Can someone please help? This is the only laptop I have and will have fir a while.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/acer-aspire-will-not-boot/761.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Acer Series 230/280 notebook with XP won't boot. Instead I see a white screen that flickers intermittently to black for the first minute or so, then just reverts to the blank white screen. The HD light is on at first, then goes out, and nothing happens. Then it lights again for a while etc.

I put the system CD in and booted. Essentially the same thing happens, tho I can hear the drive working. Ditto when I try disk 1 of the Recovery CD.

I tried following instructions to hit the F2 key, but nothing happens.

I'm using external power, not the battery.
Help?

A:Acer Notebook won't boot

Time to take it to the shop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-notebook-wont-boot.757601/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

I have an Acer 5101AWLMi laptop running XP media centre edition. When the power button is pressed, the unit powers on (fans spin and power light comes on) but no display. I have tried to connecting to a monitor but no output is detected???

I have tried removing ram / swapping ram but still no joy

Any help appreciated

Thanks

A:Acer 5101AWLMi will not boot

FAO Mod's: Can you please move this to the laptop support forum? Sorry!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/acer-5101awlmi-will-not-boot-649146.html
Relevancy 39.99%

So i wanted to factory reset my Acer Revo rl80. I went into settings and did it so it deletes all files and settings and apps but doesn't fully clean the drive. I left it for an hour and came back and it was at 1%, then I left it over night and it was still at 1%. I turned off the computer and left it for a while. When a turned it back on it was stuck in the boot screen . I read up and did alt f10 so it went to the trouble shooting guide thing. People said to factory reset the computer and so did acer when I contacted them. But the computer just got stuck on 1% like before, even though I left it over night. I think that my only option is to use the recovery disk, but they got lost. I was wondering what I could do or if I can rebuy the recovery disk? Thanks

A:Acer Stuck In Boot

Sorry your having problems with your Revo 80.... You should be able to get a eRecovery from the Acer Store You can get there by clicking the Acer Logo at the top of the page, Your country area of support. Then click on Acer Store icon it will be top almost far right. Then Far right should be eRecovery. You can Click this link and go right there. I took out the Steps for you  http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/ Then with your SNID or Serial # you can get your Media for your system. They will send everything as it came and should set it back with everything as if you just brought it home from the store... I have a lot of systems, and I to lke to loose the USB for my Recovery. So I now have them in Envelopes with name of the system and date when made. Then put them in my Drawer. Before they would get tossed around the desk area for a while end up in a box and wouldn't find them until long after needing them LOL... Hope this HelpsJames

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Acer-Stuck-In-Boot/td-p/407408/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. When I try, it show Acer logo and don't go far. It show "insert bootable..." . I check in BIOS the order and it is HDD first nad CD second. I haven't chance to make a choice like "rescue or restaure or else. In BIOS I can make the choice to boot on Windows 7 or 8.1 but it's not booting with one or the other. I think it's need an reinstall disk but I don't have this disk and I can't have access to partitions. Do I can have a reinstall disk ? Is it free or I have to buy ? Please help me.Daniel 

A:I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. Whe...

i don't think that you are able to select windows 7 or 8.1 from BIOS, maybe it's a bootloader that gives you that option. press Del to enter BIOS and check if D2D support is enabled, if not, enabled it and then press F10, save and exit.at next reboot, press Alt+F10 to enter Acer erecovery, if this doesn't work, you need to buy Acer recovery disks. Acer recovery mediaif you are in the US you can buy it:http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/if you are outside the US, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-and-it-s-not-boot-When-I-try-it-show/td-p/420902/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.99%

Someone please offer some suggestions....my laptop will not boot. It starts up and gets to the windows vista screen where it says: configuring update stage 3 of 3 0% and then restarts and does it all over again and again and , well you get the point. I have tried system repair and it cannot find errors or at least can't seem to fix anything. I have tried all system restore points, but to no avail. I am at my wits end....please help!

A:Acer Laptop will not boot!

Hold f8 when your computer is first turned on....

From there navigate to your restore option and choose to do a start up repair...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-will-not-boot.871472/
Relevancy 39.99%

My laptop came with Windows and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows Acer Aspire boot E5 won't with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding Acer Aspire E5 won't boot the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD Acer Aspire E5 won't boot A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help

A:Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

I set my laptop to sleep in Ubuntu and I can't do anything with it. I will have to do a hard reset. My question: Will my warranty be void if I remove the plastic plate on the bottom to disconnect and reconnect the battery? Thanks for any help. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-522g-Warranty-question/td-p/440806/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi guys I would really appreciate some help with my laptop problem I usually use my laptop before bed close it on battery then use it the next day without issue for a year or more now I assume it goes into sleep mode However I woke up to what seemed to be a dead battery the other morning So I plugged in however when I powered on the laptop would not get to the Windows screen - It would go to the first screen with the white Acer logo - Then a line would flash a few times on the very top left of the screen - Then the screen goes black - Touching the power button here kills it instantly A quick Google brought up a number of things to try the most legitimate seemed to be booting in safe mode and Acer boot 1830t will not to try repair from the Windows disk Booting in safe mode which I was told is F did nothing brought me to the same blinking curser than blank screen The repair failed Acer 1830t will not boot and told me http oi tinypic com lj wf jpg So where do I go from here Obviously I want to get this unit running again if nothing else get what's on the hard drive off Thanks a lot in advance

A:Acer 1830t will not boot

Hi and welcome to TSF please see this How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-1830t-will-not-boot-661166.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My laptop came with Windows and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was Acer Aspire boot E5 won't normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No Acer Aspire E5 won't boot hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

A:Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

I set my laptop to sleep in Ubuntu and I can't do anything with it. I will have to do a hard reset. My question: Will my warranty be void if I remove the plastic plate on the bottom to disconnect and reconnect the battery? Thanks for any help. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-won-t-boot/td-p/440569/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.99%

Vista Basic Home - Acer Aspire M1640
Intel Dual Core
E2160 1.8 GHZ

2 G Memory
320 G HD
DVD Writer
CD-Rom

Will not boot up

Recognizes HD & DVD [BIOS] ... but after Acer Flash Screen ... screen goes black with

flashing white line top left corner ...... Any ideas??

Anyone else have this happen ...what was cause
Hardware Issue?

A:Acer M1640 Won't Boot Up

can you get in safe mode? start tapping the f8 key at the acer logo...see if theres a "last known good configuration"..good luck

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266257-acer-m1640-wont-boot-up.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am trying to do a clean install on an Acer Aspire 5536 by booting from CD.

I already have Windows 7 Home installed. I am hoping to install Windows 7 Ultimate (which is what I have on CD).

I have the CD in the drive. I restart my computer and press delete 2 or 3 times before windows start-up and access "Windows Boot Manager". It allows me to choose what operating system I want to boot, only giving me the option of Windows 7 (the one I already have installed). This screen also allows me to access "Windows Memory Diagnostic.

How can I access the BIOS to boot from cd?

I have tried everything suggested online, but it leads me to the same screen.

A:How to get Acer laptop to boot from CD?

It would really help to know which Acer model you have. Different models might have different procedures. Basically, you need to change the boot order in the BIOS so the computer boots from the CD/DVD optical drive as the first option. On some Acers you would do the following:

1 . Reboot or turn on your Acer computer.
2 . Immediately start clicking the "F2" key and keep clicking until you see the BIOS setup menu.
3 . Select (highlight) the "Boot" option in the BIOS setup menu using the left/right or up/down arrow keys on your keyboard and then press "Enter" to display the list of boot devices.
4 . Select a boot device, for instance the CD/DVD drive, with the arrow keys.
5 . Press "F6" repeatedly (or whatever key Acer says to use) to move the chosen device to the top of list. This will set the the new boot order on your Acer computer.
6 . Press the "F10" key (or whatever key Acer says to use) to save the changes to BIOS.

At this point your computer will still be on. Open the tray for the CD/DVD optical drive and leave it open. Turn the computer off. Now insert your Windows 7 Ultimate disk into the optical drive and close the tray. Power on the computer and watch the screen carefully. You should see a prompt to press any key to boot from the CD. You can click the spacebar for example and your computer should now boot from the Ultimate disk.

Or, you may get a prompt at startup to press a different key for a one time change to the boot order. If you get that kind of prompt, make sure your Ultimate disk in in the CD/DVD tray, press the appropriate key, select the CD/DVD optical drive, and follow any additional prmpts to boot from the Ultimate disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/270057-how-get-acer-laptop-boot-cd.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My laptop came Aspire E15 won't Acer boot with Windows Acer Aspire E15 won't boot and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E15-won-t-boot/td-p/440569/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.99%

Dear sir,When I try to start my laptop, a page named insydeh20 setup utility appears. When I press ESC and try to exit the page, the laptop restarts and again comes to the same page. I have tried by pressing f9 to load the default settings and exit by pressing f10 but nothing happens.Can you help me in this problem?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Can-t-boot-windows-in-my-Acer-es1-512/td-p/440325/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.99%

I have seen a few threads, but no answer.

Acer 1410, Windows 7

I have ran a factory restore 3 times , but it continues to loop during start-up. There are no relevant options in the f2 screen.
It seems to be failing to boot the OS.

Anyone ?....

A:Acer 1410 No boot

Can you boot from a CD and get to a command prompt?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-1410-no-boot-533621.html
Relevancy 39.99%

my acer aspire 5536 boots but the screen is blank, tried to revive it by pressing F10 to no avail. i even refreshed the ram (removed and re-inserted it), and the hard disc too. nothing. tried to boot directly from the mains. all i can hear is the fan running but not the 'beep' i want to hear. what shall i do? pls
acer aspire 5536
15.6" HD LCD
4GB memory
320 GB HDD

A:acer boot problem

Reboot tap F8 during your machine post logo. Select advanced options if any. This will bring up Windows 7 Repair Environment select "Repair Your Computer" Select Command Prompt

type in

CHKDSK /F

Hit enter.

This will attempt to repair any errors. When completed try booting Windows again.

If that don't work follow the same step above but type in

CHKDSK /R

hit enter.

this will attempted to recover and files which might be in bad sectors of the disk if any bad sectors are present in the HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-boot-problem-618767.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everybody I ve been having this problem for the last months or so more often recently Quite simply I can t get my O S to boot Vista Grr My laptop prepares to boot to the O S but then I get that black screen After countless attempts or a couple hours time BIOS boot Solved: ACER Vista up Won't PC with works and it fires up but within - minutes it just shuts down on it s Solved: ACER PC with Vista Won't boot up own On I did a sys restore which helped for a half a day then the same issues again Today I believe I followed all the recommended advice from Windows I used the disk clean up lowered resolution changed appearance to Win Vista Basic etc Windows Defender says my computer is running quot normally quot A sys health report says of my RAM is being utilized but I can t see any programs to uninstall beyond what the disk clean up took out I just can t get this thing to stay running last time I was on it I was in the iTunes Store if that helps any I am desperate for any help anyone can offer I m pulling my hair out with what to do next I m not a technical lughead but I don t know this stuff as well as some of you folks do PLEASE HELP p s I got it on now running in safe mode with network options nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I have an Acer travelmate 4220 laptop which won't make it all the way through booting up. The windows screen comes up then it checks the hd for problems then it loads as far as the desktop background but no icons appear and it will not respond to any keyboard commands. I've tried 'last known good config', alt +F10 etc and it won't even boot in safe mode. I'm hoping there is a command I can press on startup to restore factory settings from the secret partition to save me having to track down an xp cd to reformat? Any advice and ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Bryan.

A:XP failing to boot on Acer 4220

I know that you said it won't respond to any keyboard commands but to double check have you tried ctrl alt del? Also does the mouse pointer come up and if so can you move it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-failing-to-boot-on-acer-4220-a-499794.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello everyone!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but ...
I have Acer aspire e1-571 laptop for a while now more than one year. Recently it started to boot really slow. Not the windows part but the time between pressing the power button and Acer logo appearing.. Was very long about 10 to 20 min. I searched for a solution, and I tried removing the bios battery and putting it back. But now it dosntieven boot up anymore. I waited on it all night all nothing. The lights are on I even hear the fan but nothing the screen doesn't show anything.
Could anyone help me with this.
Thanks in advance.

A:acer aspire laptop won't boot up.. help !

Try reseating the memory. If you have more than one stick, try booting with just one stick, and then alternating. Sometimes, it can be the memory slot itself, so try the other.

Also, be sure to have all external devices unplugged: USB sticks, hard drives, mice, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-boot-up-help.1146294/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have Acer 5520 Acer duo-core , and its 2 years old. But after some time it wont boot .I get a black screen with a flashing cursor in the top left corner right after bios finish. I cant even boot from CD/DVD - same thing. So i cant run any repair.

This happend me allready but after two days computer started working again - and after that again fail to boot , and same - 1 week working normal , and then 2,3 days it wont boot. Really STRANGE!

Only thing i noticed it is that my graphic card crashes and retrives while i work in vista. It has most recent nvidia update so i cant update it anymore.

i read here someone say it apparently the problem is caused by incapatability with the ati graphics card and vista (??) and to upgrade Bios.

Has anyone had same problem or any Advice for me. Is Bios update my best shot for this problem?

Help Pls!

A:Vista Acer Laptop won't boot, Help Please

Hi Jonzyy,

Welcome to Vista Forums! I'm going to give you the best advice I can given the circumstances you revealed in your post and knowing nothing else about the situation (which makes it very difficult because there's so much information not provided and/or not available under the circumstances).

If you can't boot normally, can't boot into any of the safe mode options (I assume you've tried them all - if not, do so), and can't boot to CD/DVD then you essentially have no way to access the system. If you can't boot from CD/DVD, then the issue isn't the hard drive because that isn't necessary for that type of boot - so slaving the drive to another computer for testing will not help but it may allow us to access some report logs which may help identify the problem. It could be a number of hardware problems (motherboard, CPU, processor, graphics card - though that's unlikely to prevent a DVD boot or a safe mode boot, or even the power supply) but those are very hard to test without replacements to swap out or special equipment unless the system detects and reports these in log files. Do you have another PC to which you can slave the hard drive to see if we can access it to retrieve some diagnostic and reporting logs? If so, and you can access the drive, post back and we'll advise you what to copy and attach to a subsequent post.

If you can't boot in any fashion, including CD/DVD or USB drives, then there's no way to update or flash the BIOS because you can't get the new BIOS files to load. If the computer manufacturer has updated BIOS available for your computer and your version of Vista, then by all means update them to see if that helps (maybe on one of the days your computer decides it's going to work if such a day occurs again).

If all this sounds like too much hassle or too complicated or you don't want to wait for your computer to decide to work again (if that ever occurs again), then I recommend you take it to a reputable computer repair shop (NOT Geek Squad or any of those other big store centers) where true professionals can service your machine (or you can send it back to the manufacturer for service). If you have data you want to save and don't already have a good and recent backup, then the slaving process described above is about the only way to do it (if it works) and you can then copy your data to the other computer or to an external HDD attached to that computer or to a DVD on that computer. I suggest this as the troubleshooting process frequently ends up wiping out everything on the hard drive as they try to find the cause and formatting and re-installing a working OS is a natural step in the process.

I hope this helps. To be perfectly honest, it appears from your description to be some sort of hardware failure (though it it still possible that it is software, but not as likely). Where we go from here is pretty much up to you and how you decide to proceed (or if you have the resources, skill, and/or patience to try some of the options provided). At this point, even I might consider a computer repair shop (or the computer manufacturer) to be the most reasonable answer even it it isn't the cheapest potential solution.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284168-vista-acer-laptop-wont-boot-help-please.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I lost the shredder 64 file. I followed the instructions to restore the computer and after it finished it said it would reboot and to wait for the reboot. I did not reboot. There is a message on the screed that says "Setup is starting services" it never goes any farther. I tried the alt F10 and it did not work either. I bought this computer as a reconditioned unit and it worked perfectly until I tried to get the shredder 64 back. I tried putting a rescue disk in the D drive but it doesn't recognize it.

Jeff35

A:Acer 5733 Wont boot

Not enough information to help. Please run this. http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5733-wont-boot.1140545/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello there,

I need help in fixing my acer laptop

I was watchin video, stopped it, hibernated my laptop, came back and now laptop won't boot. The laptop boots and gets to multiple os choice menu and restarts. This happens even if i choose to boot with different os.
It's an acer laptop (aspire 5630):

These are the things i have tried so far:
I tried booting with safe mode but no luck.
I tried Last Known Good Configuration, no luck.
I tried repair installation several times. It starts the installation, copies all the files and attempts to restart and i come back to square one.
I have reset my bios to factory setting, no luck.

What is frustrating is i get no error message at all.

Specs:
Acer Aspire 5630
centrino duo
2gig ram, 160gb hd
Win xp sp2

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Komla

A:My acer laptop won't boot (keeps restarting)

Welcome to TSF....

Give this a try:

Stuck on last known configuration screen

If you have a Full Operating System on CD then you can try this:

1. Configure the computer to start from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. For information about how to do this, see your computer documentation, or contact your computer manufacturer.
2. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.
3. When you receive the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.
4. When you receive the "Welcome to Setup" message, press R to start the Recovery Console.
5. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you have to use from the Recovery Console.
6. When you are prompted, type the administrator password, and then press ENTER (if none was set, leave it blank and press ENTER).
7. At the command prompt, type bootcfg /list, and then press ENTER. The entries in your current Boot.ini file appear on the screen.
8. At the command prompt, type bootcfg /rebuild, and then press ENTER. This command scans the hard disks of the computer for Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000, or Microsoft Windows NT installations, and then displays the results. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to add the Windows installations to the Boot.ini file. For example, follow these steps to add a Windows XP installation to the Boot.ini file:

a. When you receive a message that is similar to the following message:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
[1] C:\Windows
Add installation to boot list? (Yes/No/All)
Press Y hit ENTER.

b. When, you receive a message that is similar to the following message:
Enter Load Identifier
This is the name of the operating system. Type the name of your operating system, and then press ENTER. The name is either Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.

c. When you receive a message that is similar to the following:
Enter OS Load options
Type /fastdetect, and then press ENTER.

Take the CD out of the drive.

Type exit then press ENTER.

Note: The instructions that appear on your screen may be different, depending on the configuration of your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-acer-laptop-wont-boot-keeps-restarting-241869.html
Relevancy 39.56%

my acer aspire 4920 can only enter the setup menu...(by pressing F2 when the acer screen comes up) booting from cds does not work at all...
the logo menu shows up and after that just a black screen with nothing at all...it cant boot up at all and doesnt even reach the windows logo menu...what can i do to salvage the data?

A:Acer aspire 4920 cannot boot at all

Remove the hard drive, buy a USB enclosure for that laptop hard drive, and connect it to a desktop coputer. You should be able to access the data that way

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-4920-cannot-boot-at-all.103911/
Relevancy 39.56%

I m troubleshooting the following problem for my parents They purchased a Acer Aspire AS -C G Mnrr quot Notebook - AMD Fusion C- GHz - Red - x WXGA Display - GB RAM or boot won't Acer HDD Ram to Aspire Disks - GB HDD about months ago Last week my father turned it on and it did not detect the HDD and as such would not boot I tried running a Windows Install DVD to repair it It took longer than normal minutes to get to the installation screen and the over all process ran Acer Aspire won't boot to HDD or Ram Disks very slowly hours and to no avail as it was unable to fix the MBR Acer Aspire won't boot to HDD or Ram Disks or any other portion of the HDD Afterwards I removed the HDD from the laptop and used Acer Aspire won't boot to HDD or Ram Disks a SATA to USB connector to see if another computer could see the disk Said computer found partitions which was correct but the primary and secondary partitions would not load and teh tertiary would only partially load After that I decided to just attempt to re-install Windows over the existing drive but was not holding my breath about it as I believe the disk is dead but upon inserting the disk all I could get to was the windows black screen with white loading bar on the bottom indicating that it was trying to load the installer but it stalled on that screen for over an hour at which point I just shut off the computer I ve re-seated the RAM to make sure that wasn t a problem as well Also according to the parents the laptop has not taken any nasty falls Any suggestions or is this thing just a brick now Thanks Joe nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

This is my first time ever needing to ask a question online for any reason I can usually find the information I require this time however I cannot I have an One Boot Aspire Acer Failure Acer Aspire One D - that I haven t been able to figure out after what feels like exhausting every option I am about to give up on it which I d really like not too since the hardware still seems functional in every way After turning the machine on it takes an abnormal amount of time -- seconds or so -- to enter POST It will display the ACER screen with Fast boot Acer Aspire One Boot Failure mode enabled and the POST info when disabled In either instance the screen only appears for second enough time to see it detect the HDD and to see the F bios and F boot order options I can access the BIOS it will detect the HDD and appears to work Acer Aspire One Boot Failure normally I can enter the boot menu also The problem occurs immediately after the POST when accessing the HDD The screen flashes a lit black then turns completely black with no back light then after about a literal minute it will restart and repeat I have tried multiple HDD s and they both have the same issue I have also ran diagnostics on the RAM If I remove the HDD it will report back that No Bootable Media was detected whereas it auto reboots with the HDD in it will not auto reboot in this case I ve tried to boot from Windows AND Linux DVD CD s as well as USB drives with bootable Linux the problem is that in POST the PC WILL NOT DETECT ANY USB DEVICES and that goes for in the BIOS as well I can change the boot orders to be correct remove the HDD insert both USB CD DVD ROM and a bootable USB and then press f to access Boot menu Once there the only thing that appears is the network boot option and with the HDD in I see the HDD option as well but never any USB options This prevents me from flashing the BIOS or doing any other CD based diagnostics I know the hard drives are OK but I don t know if they have any OS on them I d like to be able to install one via DVD but I can t boot up my netbook with a HDD in it without it rebooting and it wont detect any external DVD ROM i have So in conclusion the only way to make POST stable without auto reboot is to remove the HDD and sit at the quot No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key quot screen However it still continues to take about seconds to start the POST It will not detect anything extrnal via POST or inside BIOS I tried flashing the BIOS I cannot When starting the netbook with Fn Esc keys held down it boots the same way Can anyone help me with this does it sounds like a BIOS Mobo issue even though it starts up and POST s OK without HDD inside it when I know the HDD s are working nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-boot-failure.1068620/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,

A friend just gave me a Acer am1640 computer but it has a problem. When i try to start it I just get a black screen with nothing else showing. Any idea of what could be causing this?

A:Acer am1640 wont boot

Have you tried booting up in Safe Mode?

Good luck
Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-am1640-wont-boot.1007356/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys I was reading How to get Acer laptop fail boot Acer on duel to boot from CD and seemed to be making progress but unfortunately the discussion fell flat and my problem persists I recently duel boot on Acer fail purchased an Acer Aspire V Touch which came pre-installed with Windows Single Language Unfortunately I need this Laptop to run Windows Professional for work In the past I have played around with Duel booting on my Desktop however this Acer is proving to be quite a challenge Thus far I have managed to create a new Volume using duel boot on Acer fail the disk management application in Windows I have also managed to set the first boot device in the F bios to the CD DVD rom by configuring it in the Boot tab as first boot device Now in theory the Laptop should boot from the Disk while restarting which doesn't happen I have also spammed F trying to access the boot menu to no avail Every-time the the laptop just boots straight into the log screen The ideal would be where I would have Windows and Windows duel boot when booting the laptop Please assist

A:duel boot on Acer fail

ok update: I have set the boot option to legacy boot which made the laptop boot from CD. The Win7 installer loaded fine. I then when into the drive options, deleted the partition I made and then chose create partition like I always did with fresh install. After I did that I got a message that read: Can not install windows on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT.

I have no idea what is wrong, and if I am going about this in the wrong way. Any assist would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/313236-duel-boot-acer-fail.html
Relevancy 39.56%

My laptop is a Acer aspire z running windows home premium bit and my problem is my laptop will will 5738z boot. Aspire Acer not not start When I turn my laptop on it starts to run like normal GPU fan starts Disk Acer Aspire 5738z will not boot. drive kicks in and the LED for the on button is working but nothing on the screen I've tried too do alt f for a restore nothing happened I've also tried to plug it into a monitor and my tv Before this occurred it had been turned off during boot don't ask why I cannot answer that and I preceded to take it apart to fix the overheating issue due to acer not putting fan holes on the bottom of the laptop thanks Acer - - and I didn't realise something was wrong with it until I reassembled it and tried to turn it on So I'm not sure whether is corrupt BIOS a hardware problem or corrupt MBR my own personal diagnosis don't know whether it's right or not Also I have tried turning the laptop off taking the battery out letting the motherboard discharge then pressing the power button for a minute leaving it for a minute putting the charger in then turning it on

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/acer-aspire-5738z-will-not-boot-647773.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Well I've got this problem and couldn't find any solution in here that helped me.

I've formatted the C disk where windows 8 was on and then tried to install windows 7 from with a boot USB.
Did didn't work. I've tried literally everything.

1. I've the right boot order.
2. I've turned of secure boot.
3. I've tried it with a DVD.
4. The USB and DVD boot both work on my laptop.

It looks like whatever I do I always get this text in my screen:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected device and press a key"

Has anyone any idea what this can be? It gets really frustrating that this PC is unresponsive to any change and will not boot anything. Much thanks for the help in advance.

A:Acer Aspire XC-603 Boot problems

Work through these steps to Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

It sounds like your boot media is not formatted correctly. If you have UEFI BIOS then flash stick must be formatted using only Option 1 of UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
and must then be booted only as a UEFI device. Delete all partitions to clear formatting and install.

If problems persist report back any BIOS settings related to UEFI, CSM, Legacy BIOS, Secure Boot, and BIOS Boot Priority order. Pictures will help. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/360671-acer-aspire-xc-603-boot-problems.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hello i am having issues repairing my daughters acer lp she believes it is a virus the lp will start up and goes into the windows boot manager window status xc f i am unable to go into any safe mode and once i try different sorts of bootups the lp will start power cycling itself it does work fine if i run a scanner and or it s just sitting there i have downloaded avg usb scanner but find it a little confusing it says there are errors but no viruses as of yet i ve also tried creating a usb boot ini but that didn t work and started confusing me i probably did that wrong i read xp would work because it acer cycles will not boot and power was probably the boot ini that was corrupted i also looked into creating a iso disk but atm all i ahve to work with is a g usb flash drive or external harddrive i am thinking it might possibly be registry error and wondering if there is a usb bootable program i can use i would appreciate any help at all feels like i m going in circles at this point acer will not boot and power cycles lenore

A:acer will not boot and power cycles

adding i've tried to get the kaspersky rescue disk but receiving a error message unable to locate grub.exe...little to advanced for me with the code that needs to be entered. i tried installing grub onto usb but that didn't work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453545/acer-will-not-boot-and-power-cycles/
Relevancy 39.56%

Having problem boot Acer 7520 a bit of a problem with an Acer laptop yesterday it crashed to a white screen with bits of static on it almost like the graphics card had overheated I switched it off and left it for a while and now its refusing to boot up When you press the power button it begins booting and the Acer 7520 boot problem lights come on but after a couple of seconds it powers down then tries to start again It never gets far enough for the screen to come on and it will Acer 7520 boot problem keep doing this cycle until the power is unplugged and the battery is removed Ive tried the following without any luck Booting up with battery removed and power in vice versa - no effect Opening up the back and cleaning all the dust out of it - no effect Removed one of the two ram chips and tried booting then same with other - no effect removed both Ram chips and tried booting - no effect the fact that it isnt even complaining that there is no ram in it leads me to believe something in it is seriously messed up Re-seated hard disk - no effect Removing battery and unplugging from power and leaving overnight - no effect So its looking like its a dud but if anyone has any ideas for other stuff i can try i would be very grateful nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

My Acer Extensa G won t boot boot Acer 5635G Extensa won't up When I press the Acer Extensa 5635G won't boot on button I can hear the hard drive spin on and the fan turn on the light to indicate that the laptop is on comes on and so does the bluetooth indicator light However the screen doesn t turn on and after approx seconds everything turns off then after another couple of seconds the laptop turns back on by itself with all the same stuff happening HDD spinning fan power light on light and bluetooth light screen stays black and it just sits like that indefinitely No matter how long I leave it on for when I press the power button again it instantly switches off I ve taken out and checked the hdd on another pc and it works fine I ve taken out and tried the RAM in the different slots and I ve tried plugging it in to a different monitor via the VGA port Same thing happens no matter what I try even with no HDD or RAM in it Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

My wife's Aspire one (has no hard drive) got an infection, caused a lot of problems, I removed a malfunctioning AVG, and tried to run a Panda scan but it stopped booting up, the ctl-alt-f10 did not give me the boot partition but an error message about a missing .dll file and the message error is 4. I cant find a way to start up in safe mode, I only get the initisl startup screen, then the system goes dead with a blank white screen. Any answers?

A:Acer Aspire One wont boot up. Help

Hello, and sorry for the delay. If you still need help, please follow the steps below.Try this please. You will need a USB drive.Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Press Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType the following and press enter:

dd if=/dev/sda of=mbr.bin bs=512 count=1

Press EnterAfter it has finished a file will be located on your USB drive named mbr.binRemove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to mbr.bin, zip it up and attach it to your next reply.This will allow me to have a look at the MasterBootRecord of your drive and see if it is infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406660/acer-aspire-one-wont-boot-up-help/
Relevancy 39.56%

my netbook is acer one10 and i can't set up/boot usb. there are only few tabs in the bios only boot priorities.
boot option #1 [UEFI: IMATION
boot option #2 windows boot manager

secure boot menu
secure boot disabled
secure boot mode standard

A:How do I boot usb from the bios set up in ACER one10

USB Drive - Boot from within Windows 8

-or-

- Connect your USB flash drive or insert your DVD.
- Restart the computer.
- Press the correct key to enter the boot menu (see this link for help).
- Select your USB/DVD from the boot menu.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70669-how-do-i-boot-usb-bios-set-up-acer-one10.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hi please help, i'm trying to fix a family members laptop, when it boots up it freezes on the "starting windows" screen, i've tried loading the repair cd but it seems to hang when its loading...any ideas?

EDIT

hard drive doesnt seem to be recognised in BIOS or in kasperky rescue cd??

laptop specs

acer aspire 5552
windows 7 home premium
AMD ATHLON II Z2 PROCESSOR P320
ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 4250
3GB RAM DDR3
320GB HDD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-boot-up-freeze.1123560/
Relevancy 39.56%

Does anyone know how to disable the Acer logo screen that pops up everytime I start or reboot my Acer Travelmate 2480 (Windows XP)?

Thanks for any help!

Chip

A:How to Disable Acer Boot Screen

Did you look in the bios?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-acer-boot-screen.668909/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone I checked all the threads here but didn t find the same case I am experiencing I have an Acer Aspire Win Vista bit Today I regularly started up the OS it was on Freeze mode turned it off regularly and after a few minutes turned it on again I did this because when i de-freeze my pc sometimes it happens that it does not catch the wireless connection After mins I realized that it was stuck in a loop first Acer white screen with Acer logo and possibility to get to BIOS by pressing F then a short black screen with a little white line with possibility of pressing not Aspire Acer Vista boot will - F F and so on I tried safe mode and all those things but no way my laptop will alternate continously the white Acer screen Vista will not boot - Acer Aspire and the black screen with no way out I tried with Vista will not boot - Acer Aspire a Vista Dvd made by someone else since mine was pre-installed on the laptop and I didn t have any Vista dvd or cd Also tried with a Cd with Ubuntu on -in both cases changing the Boot Priority Order in the BIOS making quot USB CDROM quot number instead of n in the priority order But no way Made the memory test check but it s ok I have important data both on C and D what can I do to save them thanks everyone edit I never get any error message It just gets in the loop restlessly it could go on forever if i don t power it off And I did not install any updates or software or whatever nbsp

A:Vista will not boot - Acer Aspire

Are you hitting the F8 key early enough, you should start to tap on it as soon as the Acer logo dissapears.

You have set the USB CDROM to first in the boot order, are you using an external CD drive? The drive in the laptop will not be listed as a USB device, you need to set the internal CD drive to 1st in the boot order.

You can buy a device called a USB Hard Drive Adapter for about €10. If you get one you can remove your hard drive and use this device to connect it to another PC. You can then extract all your files and run some diagnostics on the drive which I can give instructions for.

If the copy of Vista you have does not exactly match your version of Vista and is at the same service pack level, or higher, it will not work. It should boot the laptop but you will not be able to use it for any kind of repair as it will produce an error. You can download a Vist repair disc for your version from here: http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

Just checked the above link and downloads are suspended but may be back soon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-will-not-boot-acer-aspire.1004524/
Relevancy 39.56%

hello my aspire one one cant boot this happened after revoming the battery when the computer had frozen i have followed advice on http forums techguy org boot cannot Acer Aspire one D257 windows- -new-acer-aspire-one-d html answered by Mark Malware Removal Specialist with posts Acer Aspire one D257 cannot boot below are the logs Scan Acer Aspire one D257 cannot boot result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-EEAQ IF on - - Running from F Platform WIN X OS Language English United States Boot Mode Recovery Attention Could not load system hive Attention System hive is missing Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved ATTENTION Software hive is missing Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately Drivers Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately NetSvcs Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry Any associated file could be listed separately to be moved One Month Created Files and Folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved One Month Modified Files and Folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved Known DLLs Whitelisted Bamital amp volsnap Check There is no automatic fix for files that do not pass verification C Windows explorer exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System winlogon exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System svchost exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System services exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System User dll IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System userinit exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System rpcss dll IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System Drivers volsnap sys IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows system codeintegrity Bootcat cache IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System winsrv dll IS MISSING lt ATTENTION Restore Points Memory info Percentage of memory in use Total physical RAM MB Available physical RAM MB Total Pagefile MB Available Pagefile MB Total Virtual MB Available Virtual MB Drives Drive f GRMCPRFRER Removable Total GB Free GB FAT Drive x Boot Fixed Total GB Free GB NTFS MBR amp Partition Table Disk MBR Code Windows or Size GB Disk ID FDC Partition Active - Size GB - Type C End Of Log kindly assist me thank you nbsp

A:Acer Aspire one D257 cannot boot

Drive x: (Boot) (Fixed) (Total:0.03 GB) (Free:0.03 GB)Click to expand...

Your boot partition has nothing on it because the size and the amount free are the same.

A computer will not boot if there is no "boot record".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-d257-cannot-boot.1138080/
Relevancy 39.56%

Desktop stop booting up right. When i turn it on, it doesnt go into the BIOS. I have to clear the CMOS to get it to boot up regurlaly again. 
Also when i took out the ram to see what it was, It did not beep or anything. After I clear the CMOS it works fine again for a few time until i leave it off for a few hours.

A:boot up problems with acer m3100

replace your CMOS battery, it is failing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523459/boot-up-problems-with-acer-m3100/
Relevancy 39.56%

Can any tell me if and how the preboot splash screen can be changed.

The one that flash's "Acer" or "HP" before the Boot screen.

Thanks

A:Acer Pre-Boot Splash Screen

Welcome to the forum.

Check in the BIOS configuration for such an option. Usually there isn't. Otherwise changing the boot image is very difficult, and risky.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/375478-acer-pre-boot-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have an Acer laptop Z When I try to turn it on it goes to the black Windows Error Recovery page From there I have several choices but no matter what I choose it just gets stuck on the black Microsoft Corporation page with the running green bar above it If I start in Safe Mode it starts but then gets stuck on a black page with lines of commands gibberish to me on it I can still do an F but not sure what to do once in there I can also do a del then F And Alt and just about any of those commands but I still end up up Vista 5610Z on boot will Acer not with the same results which is looping or getting stuck I do not have a Vista recovery CD And even if I did the CD-Rom never worked on this laptop anyway Yes I bought it new but just never use it and never bothered getting it fixed my mistake Actually the CD-Rom not working seems to be a common problem with this model too And people have in-home fixes for that I am finding too Like squeezing the laptop to get it to work lol Anyways does anyone know what else Vista will not boot up on Acer 5610Z I can Vista will not boot up on Acer 5610Z try to get it to boot Or do a System Recovery for Vista Or go into F and fix something from within there Thanks so Vista will not boot up on Acer 5610Z much

Relevancy 39.56%

I cannot fix this at all, it's really annoyed me and I don't know that to do.here is what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkgrLcnKwyY

A:Acer e5 573 stuck in boot up loop

Hello, Have you tried this: 1. Shut down your laptop2. Disconnect the AC adapter3. Wait few minutes4. Follow this procedureNote: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol on the bottom of the laptop.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-e5-573-stuck-in-boot-up-loop/td-p/458955
Relevancy 39.56%

hi

need a bit of help here please
win 7 64bit wont boot , error says something like nothing bootable can be found. the acer recovery disc doesn't see the os and there doesn't seem to be a backup image created earlier.

im offered option of loading drivers if the os isn't listed but as i dont have an original disk i get nowhere . pressing the load drivers button  opens recovery disk contents which is no help

A:can't boot using acer recovery disk

Hi there.
Have you verified that the CD/DVD drive is the first device of the boot order?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588081/cant-boot-using-acer-recovery-disk/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi thereI have just created a USB recovery disk Using a 16Gb USB flah drive using the acer E Recovery utility on a travel mate p2 notebook after I have tried t boot off the key it complains that the boot files for the device are missing or contain errors this is despite the wizard saying everything went ok has anyone else had this issue

A:Acer recovery usb wont boot

which windows OS version is installed? BIOS is UEFI or Legacy?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-recovery-usb-wont-boot/td-p/415620/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.56%

I have an Acer Aspire M1100 that I bought for my late wife in 2008. It has been sitting in the corner of my living room virtually untouched for 6-9 months. I have not used it as it is using Windows Vista and is incredibly slow in comparison to my laptop.

I have recently decided to try and sell it as I need the space but it refuses to boot up. I switch it on and occassionally the monitor flashes up ACER followed by NO SIGNAL but does nothing else. I have tried different monitors on it and checked all the connections but always get the same result. I can hear the internal fans whirring and the 'on' light comes on but nothing else.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 39.56%

After Acer welcome - screen simply goes blankI.e. no boot up taking placeSorry I don't understand what 'Exact OS' means - Linus shown below was the default

A:how do i restore an acer aspire E15 that will not boot up?

Can you get into Safe mode?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-restore-an-acer-aspire-e15-that-will-not-boot-up/1547.html
Relevancy 39.56%

computer has error message Boot config file missingsome required info. error code 0xc000000d I do not have recovery disk

A:how do i get boot disk for Acer Aspire es!-711

The recovery files are on your hard drive. You should have created the recovery disc the day you bought the computer. Have a look at this:https://neosmart.net/blog/2012/wind...Or you can try a factory restore but you will lose all your files.http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answer...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-get-boot-disk-for-acer-aspire-es711/1974.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Im not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but I have an Acer Aspire M Desktop computer that has a boot and posting issue I got this machine with this problem and I'm in the process of restoring it So sometimes it posts and boots and sometimes it doesn't When it doesn't post or boot at all sometimes the cd drive light flashes constantly and there is no live screen at all Other times the cd drive light does not flash but the media card reader light is on sometimes both and sometimes neither If I let it sit like this for about minutes it will restart Aspire Acer boot issues itself and go Acer Aspire boot issues thorough the bios and boot properly Thats only when its cold like if its been off for a few hours If its been on for a while its like every other time Acer Aspire boot issues i turn it on there is either post and no boot or no post at all Ive reset the bios by jumper and by removing the cmos battery It does not beep at all when it does not post or not boot I read that I should try updating the bios but for some reason it wont let me It says quot Error loading driver quot Or quot incompatible with current OS quot I downloaded the correct drivers for the machine and the only one it wont load as far as i know is the bios update I've already replaced the cmos battery with ones i know are good but to no success I checked the ram and the processor to ensure they are seated correctly and they are Any ideas I need help with this Here are the machine specs to my knowledge Acer Aspire M AMD Athlon X processor ATI Redeon onboard graphics It is running windows vista x home premium I installed it fresh The bios version is R -B which is the older one It has GB or memory that I put in when i got the machine it had none These are pictures of what I see when I do try to run the file on that computer I took extra pictures to show which files im opening I transferred them off that machine to my laptop Maybe I'm not opening the file correctly Any help at all would be appreciated I would have tried to load the bios from power on I read online if i hold the fn and escape key it will load it from a usb if i name the files correctly but the keyboard I have that will work with this computer do not have an fn key FML My laptop does but that isnt gonna help me with the acer Sorry I typed so much just wanna be sure you guys are on the same page as me I would appreciate any help Thank you

A:Acer Aspire boot issues

Have you installed SP1 and Sp2 and subsequent updates?

Since the CD lights come one and then nothing afterwards, it sounds like a hard drive problem. I'm assuming the CD drive is the first boot device in the BIOS.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300417-acer-aspire-boot-issues.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Have an Acer desk top that when powered up I immediately get a window that says to press F1 to start. This screen appears every time I power it on. Even resorted to getting a PS2 mouse and keyboard. Once in a great while it will finally boot into Windows 10 but my mouse is frozen and can't do anything. I can't get to my BIOS or anything as it shows that screen with press F1 to start and stays there. Don't know what to do with the system as it doesn't boot and give me mouse or keyboard access. Bought it off Ebay but kept it in the box until my old desktop died so it was after the 30 day return policy. Any ideas? I am leaning towards a bad hard drive but hope that isn't it.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

A:Acer desk top will not boot Windows 10

#1:   Reset the BIOS back to factory default.  In case you are not sure how to do this, power down and unplug the power cable from the wall socket. Press the power switch for 5 seconds (clears the capacitors). Open the case and remove the CMOS battery for about 10 minutes. It looks like a small, silver coin about the size of a nickel. Many computers also have a small jumper switch usually located close to the battery. Move the jumper to the side, wait about 10 seconds, then move it back to original position again. You can check your computer manual to find where this jumper is located. Then reinstall the CMOS battery again; make sure you get the polarity correct, if you put it in backwards the computer will do some really strange things, and possibly not boot. Replug the power cable and boot.

#2: Try to enter Safe Mode; if you don't know how to do this post back or see the manual (if one came with the computer).

Post back with the results of both the above. Please include the make and model of the computer, we are working in the dark here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628013/acer-desk-top-will-not-boot-windows-10/
Relevancy 39.56%

Ok, so my just over a year old laptop fell off of my bed today. When trying to turn on the black acer screen comes up and a few seconds later it restarts. I have tried f 8, just beeps, f 12 still nothing but beeping, alt 10 same. I have tried removing the harddrive and starting it, still nothing. I then tried removing the ram one at a time, still nothing. Could the mother board off went bad? Any ideas? Thanks

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I think that the problem started when I turned off the laptop directly using the power button when laptop was doing something After that on next bootup it got won't travelmate acer P253-E boot. into the repair - diagnose loop I looked at some help online and I stopped that by setting the default acer travelmate P253-E won't boot. recoveryenabled to NO using editbcd I also activated the F key nbsp it takes nbsp me to windows boot manager which says there is a problem with winload efi error xc f and says OS couldn't be loaded as a required file was missing or contains errors I can get into troubleshoot area and tried refreshing and resetting PC but unsuccessful both times the nbsp response was there was a problem attempting to do these I had made a rescue USB nbsp but no success nbsp nbsp There is a winload efi there - don't know if I can copy paste that one into the X drive source area I guess I have to format C drive and reinstall windows The OS was already installed on the laptop will Acer or Microsoft send me a disk to do this Will I need the windows product key If so how do I get it Thanks for any help

A:acer travelmate P253-E won't boot.

You could get the recovery media from Acer, But try formating the hard disc using the hard disk formating utility ( you could get it from hard disk manufacturer website for free) the use the recovery media you have created and install the operating system. You do not need product key if you are buying the recovery media from Acer. Make sure you follow all these steps before doing the reset using recovery media. 1. Completely shut down your computer. 2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS. 3. Use the right arrow key to select Boot tab. 4. With Boot mode highlighted, press Enter, and then use the down arrow to select Legacy BIOS. 5. Press Enter. 6. Press F10, and select Yes to save the change and exit the BIOS for the computer to restart. 7. Completely shut down your computer. 8. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS. 9. Use the right arrow key to select SECURE Boot tab. 10. Disable Secure boot 11. Use the right arrow key to select Boot tab. 12. Select the proper boot device as first boot device and press F10 to save and exit --------------------------------------------------?--------------------------------------------------?----------------------------- Remember to mark "Accept as Solution",If I was helpful and the post solved your problem. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/acer-travelmate-P253-E-won-t-boot/td-p/384018/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.56%

My Notebook is shutting off when the WinXP boot screen appears, this only happens when the AC adapter is not plugged in.

When running on AC everything is fine, when running off the battery I can go to the BIOS screen, boot up linux and everything works great.

If I try to boot to XP it just shuts off at the XP boot screen.

Any ideas?
/FG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-notebook-shuts-off-on-boot.671051/
Relevancy 39.56%

I need your help people I have a practically brand new ACER ASPIRE month old max and I was experiencing some reboot failures and also having problems turning the computer on how's that Well for example when rebooting the computer it did not turn back on kept a black screen no sounds in other words wasn't booting So I manually turned it off by holding down the power button and then back on sometimes it took a couple of tries to make it work but usually that did the job The same logic goes for powering it on form the start Now at this moment the computer won't boot up at any means not that I know of I noticed that the HDD light isn't blinking at all So I though that maybe for some reason the computer could not access the HDD the other LED indicators lt is that correct aren't blinking either actually they blink just one time when I hit the power button and then stop The power button stays on So I did some research and found that it could be a BIOS problem the solution I found is for the Acer Aspire One notebook therefore I couldn't figure out a way to make that work on the didn't even try 'cause I know how risky messing with the BIOS is -- Quite a text right there hum Okay so here I'm Can anybody help me please I honestly don't won't Aspire 4553 boot Acer up know what else to do BTW here are the articles I found http apevere blogspot com ck-screen Acer Aspire 4553 won't boot up html http en kioskea net forum affich- -won-t-boot-up A little more research and I found that this problem is called quot The Black Screen of Death quot motherfukc sorry Found this site http www acerlaptoprepairs info there are a few articles showing how to recovery the bios and stuff but there is none regarding my model I'm honestly giving up hope I'm running out of time too Am I in the wrong section 'Cause nobody seems to have interest in helping me

A:Acer Aspire 4553 won't boot up

Well first, if this is a new laptop it is under warranty and you should first attempt to return it for replacement or repair. Making major changes on your own may void that warranty.

If the laptop will not boot at all you could try a power reset:
To perform a power reset:
Remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter or the power cord from the computer.
Press and hold down the power button on the computer down for 30 seconds and then release the button.
Plug in the AC adapter or power cord again, reinsert the battery, and power on the computer.
The BIOS upgrades for the 4553 show corrections to a no-boot situation, so you may be on the right track with a need for a BIOS upgrade (but see point one above). The problem is that you need to be able to get into the BIOS to do an upgrade on most machines, so until you can get it to BOOT that option is not available.

Flashing the BIOS is serious business. Do it wrong and you turn your shiny new laptop into a brick. So let's see if you can get into the bios first and check some things. Usually you press the DEL, F2, or ESC key when the laptop first starts to get in (check your screen - it will say what key somewhere). Don't make any changes unless you are sure of what they do. Just check to see you can get in and look around, then we can take it from there.

Also, be sure your model number is exact: 4553 and not 4553g. Installing the wrong BIOS will cause a very bad day.

Your 4553 laptop BIOS versions are here:
Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 4553

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/148375-acer-aspire-4553-wont-boot-up.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have an Acer Laptop that will no longer bootup when I turn it on it keeps restarting and It didn't come with a CD. I tried booting it in Safe Mode but it does the same thing. What can I do?

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi boot acer cannot [SOLVED] netbook I have this Acer Aspire One netbook AO h- db working on Windows A few days back it just refused to start-up when the power [SOLVED] acer netbook cannot boot switch on The blue light on power switch is lit and the fan [SOLVED] acer netbook cannot boot runs but no HDD activity Can go into F setup and when pressing F button repeatedly sometimes times it starts up normally Can go into Safe Mode There is no problem at all while the pc is running works superbly - it only cannot restart or switched on normally Action taken so far Checked CMOS battery V OK Did thorough virus scan with AVG SAS Malwarebyte and Spybot - no virus found Upgraded BIOS from V to V Did Chkdisk and memtest and phisically cleaned RAM connector Did Recovery to Factory Default Reinstalled windows updates and Acer drivers Disassemble PC and cleaned out dust No battery installed - works on mains all the time Intel R Atom CPU N Ghz RAM Gb HDD Hitachi Gb OS Windows Startup Repair Problem Signature Prob Event Name Startup Repair Offline Prob Signature -do- unknown AutoFailOver No root cause OS Ver - Locale ID StartUp Repair cannot repair this computer automatically send info ab the prob Please Help me solve this problem

A:[SOLVED] acer netbook cannot boot

Did you check your hard drive connection? Sometimes it helps to remove the hard drive completely from the system and then replace it back into the system. See your system manual for steps to replace the hard drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-netbook-cannot-boot-671672.html
Relevancy 39.56%

acer aspire desktop wont boot. An blue screen error message is coming up saying problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer. Also says to run CHKDISK /F but this cant be done as I cant get to DOS. Also message at end stop 0x00000024.
I have pressed F12 on startup and gone to boot menu but it still goes back to blue screen in Safe Mode and Last Known Good Configuration.

A:Acer Aspire wont boot

Hi and welcome to TSF see if the info here can be of help Windows XP Blue Screen error message: 0x00000024 - Microsoft Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-wont-boot-681177.html
Relevancy 39.56%

i have a acer gateway ne570 and it won't boot up and i have tried the bios and it still detects the hdd but the first boot priority is windows boot manager which is the only thing in the boot option menu when you press enter where the "no bootable device, hit any key" box comes up after booting up the notebook and when the gateway logo appears. I've had it for over a year now and the hdd still works and my notebook didn't come with a recovery disk or recovery usb. And I've also used the alt+f10 key which brougt me right back to the "no bootable device, hit any key" box. So anyways what do i do? 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:acer gateway ne570 won't boot up and i have tried ...

you need a windows PC to use the window creation tool. to boot from CD or USB, press F12 at boot and then choose the correct boot device.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/acer-gateway-ne570-won-t-boot-up-and-i-have-tried-the-bios-and/td-p/382455/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.56%

Boot normally -- it hangs on "Starting Windows" animation forever.
Boot safe mode -- it bluescreens.
Boot with a recovery CD (or try Repair Installation directly without a CD) -- it hangs on the green loading bar forever.
I dual-boot Ubuntu and can get into the Ubuntu partition fine so I don't think anything is necessarily wrong with the harddrive, but the Ubuntu partition is tiny and I rarely use it and can't access my Windows files anyway.
Is there anything I can try that'll help repair whatever happened? I just want to run a checkdisk utility or something similar that'll repair whatever got botched.
My laptop: Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS7740G-6816 Notebook Intel Core i5 480M(2.66GHz) 17.3" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

A:Can't boot into my Windows 7 64-bit Acer laptop

If you're using GRUB to dual boot then it can corrupt Win7 beyond repair. We see these literally every day here. The way to set it up safely is on separate HD's booted via BIOS Boot Menu, or this method: Dual boot Ubuntu-Win7

To start Win7 you should mark the Win7 partition Active, then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times until Win7 starts on its own and holds the System Active flags, then follow the steps in the tutorial in first paragraph. Partition - Mark as Active (Method Two)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223601-cant-boot-into-my-windows-7-64-bit-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi thereI have just created a USB recovery disk Using a 16Gb USB flah drive using the acer E Recovery utility on a travel mate p2 notebook after I have tried t boot off the key it complains that the boot files for the device are missing or contain errors this is despite the wizard saying everything went ok has anyone else had this issue

A:Acer recovery usb wont boot

which windows OS version is installed? BIOS is UEFI or Legacy?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-recovery-usb-wont-boot/td-p/415620
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey gang,I have an acer aspire axc-603g that is stuck in a loop boot after running windows updates. I can't get it to boot to a Hiren's CD or USB drive. I've tried disabling secure boot in the bios and enabling the boot menu but whenever I access the boot menu the only option that shows up is "windows boot manager" which then sends me back into the boot loop. The bios version is P11-B0I'm at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606225/acer-aspire-wont-boot-to-cd-or-usb-drive/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have acer laptop model 1E-510 problem is very serious this laptop came with windows 8 installed on it now want to instal windows 7 but when go to bios change boot option there is only option UEFI no lagacy option so when I do some possible setting restart computer no boot option comes up only show windows oder option in bios boot option I set first boot to usb drive and also tried to boot from external dvd but no luck someone told me update bios then lagacy option will come but no idea how to update bios

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/128248-acer-e1-510-laptop-no-boot-option-help-plz.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Acer V35 Mobo won't boot from floppy drive. Just issues "Insert system diskette and press<enter> key to reboot" message.

Have tried several levels of MS-Dos, IBM-Dos & Win 95 boot disks. Have also tried known good floppy drive & cable as well as freshly formatted floppy diskette.

Does ACER require a proprietary system boot diskette??

Does anyone know what this ACER BIOS is looking for??

Lower left of screen shows:

ACR1BE-IO7-960408-R01-C0 Copyrite 1990-1996

BIOS panels show Bios V2.0 in upper left.

Thanks !

Relevancy 39.56%

We have a netbook that crashed this afternoon - went to the wall paper when we were doing a virus scan

Did the scan - found the virus - deleted the virus - computer monitor went to the wallpaper.

Netbook has been shut down and started back up, several times. Now we get the wallpaper.

I can push F12 and start it in safe mode. But there are no icons and right clicking on the mouse does not bring up the normal menu,

Control Alt Delete brings up the task manager that shows a bunch of stuff happening - but none are shown as icons on the desktop. There is no task bar at the bottom either.

ANY help you can offer - would REALLY be appreciated

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-netbook-will-not-boot.863596/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,

I have an acer aspire 5100 that does not even boot. It crashes early and tries to reboot without success. None of the other booting modes work either, all crash early. I can go to the bios with f2 and something seems strange. In the boot priority order, I have:
1: IDE 0: TSHIBA MK6034GAX-(PM)
2: IDE 1: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N-(P
3: SATA:
4: PCI BEV: Realtek Boot Agent
5: USB HDD:
etc. usb all empty.

Shouldn't the hard drive be in SATA?
I don't know how to solve the problem. A boot disk maybe?
Thanks,
Serge.

A:acer aspire 5100 does not boot

1 is a hard disk
see here
http://sdd.toshiba.com/techdocs/MK6034GAXTechnicalNotes-RevA0.pdf

do you have the recovery CDs at all?

None of the other booting modes work either, Click to expand...

I assume you mean safe mode etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5100-does-not-boot.870064/
Relevancy 39.56%

i have a acer gateway ne570 and it won't boot up and i have tried the bios and it still detects the hdd but the first boot priority is windows boot manager which is the only thing in the boot option menu when you press enter where the "no bootable device, hit any key" box comes up after booting up the notebook and when the gateway logo appears. I've had it for over a year now and the hdd still works and my notebook didn't come with a recovery disk or recovery usb. And I've also used the alt+f10 key which brougt me right back to the "no bootable device, hit any key" box. So anyways what do i do? 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:acer gateway ne570 won't boot up and i have tried ...

you need a windows PC to use the window creation tool. to boot from CD or USB, press F12 at boot and then choose the correct boot device.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/acer-gateway-ne570-won-t-boot-up-and-i-have-tried-the-bios-and/td-p/382455