Windows Support Forum

Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

Q: Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 123.38%

Hi.. whenever I enter my windows xp home edition cd it loads up then it says "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system" also when I try to log onto my windows account it logs in then immediatly logs off so I cant do anything on the comuter but enter the cd and the cd cant detect hard disk drives. I think my computer is a foxconn type sorry im totally clueless

A:Error Message:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

You may need to press F6 during setup and load the hard disk controller drivers. You can download these from the Foxconn site if you know the correct motherboard model. have you registered windows XP? When you say logon do you enter a password? You need to supply a little bit more details so we can help. Cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.88043/
Relevancy 123.38%

Error Message:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system but with acer aspire t650 what can i do

A:Error Message:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

Does it have a sata drive?? If so you have to insert the sata driver by pressing F6 at the beginning of the windows install!!

The needed driver should be on a cd and/or floppy supplied with the pc!!

If you dont have them, then the acer webiste is the place to look!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.64260/
Relevancy 101.99%

Specs Compaq Presario C EA It has NO floppy disk drive The problem - installed system find did Setup in your disk hard drives not any I installed Fedora linux about a week ago after trying to get my wireless to work i decided to go back to windows I booted from the CD and installed XP When i started the computer it would not go past the XP loading screen instead it flashed blue screen and reseted and kept looping So i booted from Darik s Boot and Nuke Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system and did the automatic wipe Now the problem is that whenever i insert the XP CD i get the message quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system quot and therefore can t install I have been reading up on this topic and it seems that to get the XP CD to install you have to install some sort of Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system driver from a floppy disk during the XP installation The fact of the matter is im out of my comfort zone Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

The doesnt appear to be an option to do this in the bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.103004/
Relevancy 93%

Help Please

Im in big trouble. I was going to format my hard drive of my PC when i discovered that my system did not recognize it. This is really weird because i was using it a year now and it was working fine. The message i get is this "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system".

A:"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system".

You need to have a floppy with the proper driver then press F6 at the beginning of the Windows install process. With the proper drivers, Windows will find your hard drive (probabyl a SATA one) & will allow you to use it as a boot drive.

ps. please use the search function as this topic has been discussed quite a few times.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.59053/
Relevancy 91.76%

I'm trying to reinstall windows xp on a dell xps 400 desktop. When I put the cd in I press any key to boot from cd windows loads and then when I hit enter to enter installtion, it says "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer". I don't know what to do. Anybody know how I can install windows? Usually its simple and I delete the old partition and create new but this doesn't seem to be the case this time.

Relevancy 91.76%

Hey Im new here its my first time post I have an old vpr matrix R desktop with the integrated fasttrak raid controller in the intel mother board model D FBT It was set up as a raid strip array with two any disk did drives not hard find installed Setup gigabyte Western Digital IDE PATA hard drives they are set to cable select on two different ide cables to the motherboard It had a nasty virus so i tried to restore it with windows professional Except it gave me this error quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer quot It wont recognize the hard drives Shows in fasttrak utility but not even in the bios I tried to download the fasttrak raid drivers from intel website for the mother board loaded on a floppy Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed pressed F to load them ect and it began to work i formatted the drives and then it began to load windows until it said quot fasttrak sys could not be found quot press enter to retry esc to skip and F to quit I pressed retry first then i tried skipping it finished loading but but then gave me blue screen of death then i formatted the floppy disk tried it again and it gave me an error txtsetup oem could not be found so i am completely stumped here i dont know much about raid i tried everything from disableing the raid in the bios to switching up the hard drives cables jumper settings ect nothing seems to work i dont need a raid just want to reload my computer any ideas would be great thanks nbsp

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed

I have an idea, but it's an ugly, lose all your data, all or nothing sort of affair. Wipe one drive, then try to install it separately. If that works, install the second drive after the system is up and running as a "volume" (storage drive). You did say you didn't need RAID.
If there's malware involved, sometimes a repair install of XP isn't enough to restore the system to it's former glory.

Plan "B" would be to attempt an install on a brand new, or clean drive. This is best applied if you can borrow a spare drive, at least pricewise.

Keep in mind that there may be bits and broken pieces of the original RAID software thwarting your efforts. You should download the manual for this board before diving into the project full bore, as the book will explain the proper boot sequence and drive mode settings in BIOS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed.112915/
Relevancy 90.83%

My sister recently tried to restore her laptop to factory settings, and failed with miserable consequences. Windows 98 has been installed but when trying to boot up the error message "Insufficient memory to initialize Windows." appears. When trying to run Windows XP setup, the error message "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer."
The laptop is a:- Gateway MX6932b
The HD is a Toshiba MK1246GSX
Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

it sounds like it did a partial wipe or partial format and the current layout of the drive is completely invalid. That or somehow the hard drive actually got unplugged. Unfortunately, if the windows XP installation utility itself can't recognize the hard drive, you may have to take it out in order to re-format it.
One thing you can try however is to download and create an image of Bart PE and burn it to a CD then boot into it on that computer via the boot menu which you access by pressing a whatever key the initial screen says when you turn your computer on. Usually it's F10,11,or 12. Then open the command prompt from bart pe's start menu and type chkdsk C: /r /v
that will check for any messed up and scrambled parts of the hard drive's various parts including the data itself and the indexes of the data and possibly even the MBR. That may make it recognizable but likely not bootable.
Otherwise, you can get a SATA/IDE to USB combo adapter for quite cheap online or at a local computer store and plug the hard drive into another computer then use disk management to see if it's initialized, how it's partitioned, and format it however you want.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer-529108.html
Relevancy 90.83%

Hi, I was getting an msg upon bootup that said DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

I was afraid my DVD drive was not going to open by the way. It took several pushes of the button til it did. I insertd my Windows XP system disk closed it and hit enter.

Now it is saying Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer. I am not that hardware savvy these days. Any suggestions on what to do next?

Thanks!

Boot into Setup (Bios) and see if your HDD is listed there. If not, then it has either become unplugged or it has failed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer-669740.html
Relevancy 90.83%

I could use some expert help I have a Gateway M -E laptop that all of the sudden just won t boot up This laptop has all of its original equipment and has never been opened up or upgraded I have XP OEM Operating CD that came with the laptop so I inserted it and in any disk not installed did find Setup hard drives computer your got the dreaded quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer quot message After doing a lot of reading it appears I might need to install the SATA driver This is what I have done so far and I Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer am stuck on step Downloaded the Hitachi HD utility from their website Ran it found bad sectors fixed that and then erased the drive Reran the utility and Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer all is ok with the drive Put in new Ram ATTEMPTED to integrate SATA drive into installation process using nLite because this laptop has no floppy drive I am failing miserably at this I downloaded the SATA driver from Gateways website image Inside of the SATA Intel folder is all of this image I followed the directions on how to do this here http news softpedia com news Install-Windows-XP-On-SATA-Without-a-Floppy-F - shtml Got the ISO file made and burnt it Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer to disk and inserted it into laptop rebooted and nothing Blinking cursor I do not know if I did this process correctly I inserted the XP OEM cd and used the cd drive destination as the location for the Windows installation package I made a new folder for the installation files to be saved to and nLite copied these image installation files to the folder I created The next step is to integrate the SATA driver into the install files so I selected the SATA Intel folder image as the path to the driver and finished the process with no issues The question is Where is the driver in this folder image Did I select the wrong thing or am i so far off base I am lost nbsp

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.982146/
Relevancy 90.83%

Hi I any installed drives "setup on find did computer..." not hard disk your have a year old NEC versa P and on a reboot it came up with the vista repair tool that fixes boot problems so the user can reboot successfully It attempts to check the HD but then aborts with a message saying it is unavailable to find a soilution I automatically attempted to use the sys restore facility which came up with an error message So i used the "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer..." cmd prompt to use chkdsk which worked so im confused to whether the HD is corrupted or not which is what the vista repair tool is trying to convey through its very many error message logs which are frankly lost on me So i stuck in an XP install Cd and tried to use the repair tool but this came up with the OP thread title message I want to try and avoid a complete reinstall so any thoughts here please S cheers edit also it does not allow me to boot in any form of safe mode

A:"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer..."

What syntax did you use for chkdsk? Is there more than one hard drive in your system?
Have you used a bootable hard disk diagnostic (available from the manufacturer of your hard drive)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213315/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-on-your-computer/
Relevancy 90.83%

Heres my problem , so my computer dvd and cd drives failed i kept getting mssg select boot device and reboot. then i used a cd drive fromanother computer connected it with xp windows cd and now im getting error in setup"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" please help this computer used to work fine before and was xp before..thankyou in advance!

Check you bios settings if it is detecting your HDD.

/edit/

Check also the jumper settings of the CD drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.169834/
Relevancy 90.83%

Ok I ll try to explain as much as I can I have a computer with a Asus A V Deluxe motherboard with a AMD processor I have find disk in hard drives did your Setup installed any not computer two hard drives one is a WD and one is WD they are Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer both SATA drives connected with the thin red wire I think they are SATA I wanted to format both drives so I put in the windows XP installation CD which came with the computer it seemed to start running fine But when it gets to the option of quot installing a new copy press enter to repair press R etc quot I press enter and then I get the message quot setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer quot press F to quit I took out both drives and connected them to my other computer and formatted both drives so now they are both clean I connected them to the other computer but it keeps telling me that there is NO DRIVE CONNECTED Right now I cant get the computer running the installation fails because no drive detected I made sure to check the cables are connected properly not lose and I doubt the drive went bad because they are practically brand new and until days ago before I decided to reformat the drives they were both working fine I do not have a floppy drive in case it s a BIOS problem but if that is the problem I will purchase a Floppy drive Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance C Weber Miami FL nbsp

RTFM!

It tells you how to set up your bios to recognize/run Sata drives as IDE. In your case, unless running Vista, you would want to operate as IDE mode.

Conversely, the manual also covers how to configure your Sata drives for operation as AHCI or in Raid mode.

The manual, should you have lost it or whatever, is freely available at Asus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.101610/
Relevancy 90.83%

I bought a used laptop and the guy I bought it from told me he formatted the HD to get rid of his stuff. I was fine with that. Now, when I put my XP Pro in to install I get that message when I click to install the disk (on the screen where it asks to install, repair, or exit). I have had this before. I went to BIOS and I could not find a place to change the HD type. I plugged the HD into my desktop external enclosure and it assigned to J: and I was able to see it. It was in FAT32 format and I changed it to NTFS just to see, but it is giving the same error.

Relevancy 90.83%

I have a major in any hard drives installed your not computer disk find did Setup problem with my Packard Bell iMedia D AW home desktop Ever since I installed a Lite-On DVD-RW into it it started making a lot of noise a bit like the sound of a typewriter tapping and started crashing I removed the DVD-RW drive only for the problem to continue The computer kept crashing often showing the blue crash screen other times showing a black insert floppy disk screen sometimes just restarting itself Running the Windows disk check utility at start-up would not work - the computer would freeze while the disk scan occured I tried many times I ran disk registery programs ie- Registry Mechanic etc anti-virus software defragmentation etc etc but the problem remained Yesterday I decided I would Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer try reinstalling or restoring Windows XP again with the intention of fixing the problem without deleting my personal files on the computer However upon instertion of the disk Windows XP claimed it could not reinstall as the Windows version Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer on my computer was too recent I assumed that the reason for this was that I had installed Windows XP Serice Pack and so the version was too recent for the installation disk So I thought I would uninstall service pack and then try to reinstall Windows XP However while uninstalling service pack the computer crashed Since then whenever I try to startup Windows the computer restarts after about seconds of loading I can enter the startup screen which gives you access to entering through Safe Mode Debugging etc - however entering through these modes has the same problem though with the computer restarting before reaching Windows So I entered the computer BIOS at startup and changed it to load via CD inserting the Windows XP disk I tried to use the Recovery Console option however the error message quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer quot showed It then asked me to restart the computer by hitting F I then tried to use the Windows install option by restarting the computer and loading the Windows XP disk but the same quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer quot message showed So i cant load the computer nor reinstall the software I dont want to lose all the files on my computer WHAT SHOULD I DO I do not have any repair or installation floppy disks for my computer at the moment Further specs to the computer are as follows Packard Bell iMedia D AW Model MON-DIS Pentium Ghz Mextor D X- K GB Hard Drive nbsp

Relevancy 90.83%

I have a major problem here Could someone help me out My laptop T IBM any find did hard your installed Setup disk in computer drives not LENOVO Thinkpad no biometrics CPU type Intel R Core TM cpu T CPU speed GHz gbs serial ATA SATA AHCI mode I tried to reformat my XP Home sp to XP PRO sp So obviously I cant not back track from sp to sp because windows wont let you I tried formatting through the OS itself didnt work tried from the boot up didnt work so I thought i was smart let me deleted the partition and erase everything on it with a DBAN CD i have Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer to clean out the Harddrive completely so i could install my windows but i got this boot msg show up quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer quot so i went on a forum and tried quot http www howtogeek com howto wind d-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation quot their method I tried to make a boot ISO CD for my laptop with another computer Win home i dad s comp but i m stuck I couldn t find a -bit driver XP driver for my computers specs the intel website and manufacture don t have it on their website and I dont have a the backup CD for Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer XP home what should i do please help Thanks a-million nbsp

You have no XP CD? How did you plan to reinstall Windows? (Wiping is only a good idea if you don't plan to use the drive again. It has destroyed some drives before so they couldn't be used.) Do you have XP or not? It's not too clear from your post.

If you have a SATA drive, you need to use a workaround. XP is too old to support a lot of modern hardware.

Installing XP on a SATA drive
Install Windows XP on SATA without a Floppy
Resolving "Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation
"Many newer BIOS allow an Alternate method for SATA . . Go into the BIOS and check the 'Sata Operation' setting, change it to 'Raid Autodetect/ATA' if it is not already. Now try to install XP (Verbiage will vary by manufacturer)" - Courtesy of simpswr.

BIOS settings to try:
Claymore said:

you can change the controller settings in the BIOS.

Restart the computer and enter the BIOS.
The location and type of setting will vary with the make and model of the motherboard.
Here are some:

MAIN menu
SATA Mode
Select IDE Mode instead of AHCI Mode

====================

ADAVANCED or ADVANCED (BIOS) SETTINGS menu
SATA Drive Configuration
Select Compatibility (Mode) instead of AHCI (Mode)

====================

(BIOS) ADVANCED menu
SATA
Disable Auto
Enable Combination

====================

Set to PATA mode

====================
INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS menu
IDE Function Setup
OnChip IDE => Disabled
SATA DMA transfer => Enabled

INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS menu
Onboard Device
SATA => Disabled

===================Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.1034976/
Relevancy 89.9%

First of all, let me introduce myself as a newbie to the board, and say thank you to everyone for the fantastic info on this board.

I am trying to install WinXP Pro on a HD, and I am getting the above error.
Here are the specs:
Motherboard: intel Desktop Board D845EPI
HD: Seagate U6 Model ST340810A Ultra ATA 40GB

The HD is not recognized in the BIOS IDE Config, nor is it recognized in the Boot Device Priority list.

Any help is appreciated!

jamez

A:WinXP Pro Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Have you set the jumper on the hard drive to the correct Master or Slave configuration?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-pro-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.106618/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hello,

I am trying to reinstall windows XP on my hp a1129n pavilion, and as soon as the set up is about to start, I get setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer . I made my first and second Sata devices "Disabled" and I checked the hard drive cables and they are plugged in properly. The hard drive is Sata, so please tell me why am i getting this message? Please provide me with the steps in order to get the hard drive to be detected. Thank you in advance!

A:hp a1129n Desktop - setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your compute

'I made my first and second Sata devices "Disabled"'

So, you have the Sata drive hooked to the 3rd or 4th port ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-a1129n-desktop-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-compute-384215.html
Relevancy 88.97%

I have just replaced the IDE Harddisk on a compaq laptop with a new one. Trying to do a fresh install of Windows XP, before I can format this new disk, I get the following message...

" Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer. Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program. Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3 "

Going into the bios, I dont find anywhere that mentions SATA as in a number of forums advise to disable that in order for the computer to detect the IDE disk.

Anyone familiar with this to help with a solution?

all responses appreciated

A:Solved: Install XP: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your compute

You need your drivers for IDE/SATA depending on which it is, go to your motherboard manufacter's website and get the Storage or Sata or IDE driver from there. There should be something abnout a floppy drive and you will need to download that driver and put it on a floppy. You will then Press F6 before that screen pops up and let it see the driver and it should work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-install-xp-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-compute.776832/
Relevancy 85.56%

Hello all ,,

I have that problem when I tried to install win xp sp 2

what I have is sp1 ,,

my MB is :

GA-8VM800M-775

VIA P4M800 chipset

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 80GB Hard Drive
6V080E0, Serial ATA 3.0Gb/s, 7200 RPM, OEM

I think there is something to do with the BIOS

But I'm not quit sure what to change

plz help how to let the win cd installation can be able to see
the HD ????

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drivrs installed in your system!

Firstly you need to check on the initial boot screen or in the bios to make sure bios sees your drives, but I think the problem is that you have a sata hard drive and some boards will not see these drives unless you install drivers.

What you need to do is go onto the site that made your mobo, or use your setup cd (from another computer) And find the sata drivers - they will not be the windows drivers but a small driver utility that you can extract to a floppy disk - when you extract the drivers you should have several files, one of them will be called something like textsetup.oem or something similar, then you know you have the right one, once you have extracted these to floppy you can run the windows cd again from the computer your uinstalling windows to (If you dont have a floppy you need to attach one temporarily) and as XP is loading, insert the floppy).

Now at the first blue screen of XP setup it will be loading drivers at the bottom of the screen, and it will say press F6 or F* (one of the two) to install aditional drivers, press this key, then it will read the floppy and give you the option to install your boards sata drivers - if there are several drivers install them all one by one.

After you have done this setup will continue and it will find your drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drivrs-installed-in-your-system.92112/
Relevancy 82.46%

Hey all, I just created this account after doing some lurking on here.
I have a problem with a desktop of mine, its and Amd Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 3800+

I know that there are other threads on this problem but they only seem to have solutions for computers that have floppy drives and mine does not.

I'm not very tech savvy at all either so any bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

Sounds like a stupid answer,

Have you checked all cables .. I.e SATA and Power are plugged into your HDD? (or IDE and Power)

Poyol

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer-441270.html
Relevancy 82.46%

I just bought a new DVD Burner but figured it wasnt TOO tough to install I am less than skilled at this stuff but the guy at Best Buy basically said it wasnt hard and it could be done no problem So i opened a relatively older about - years tower unscrewed the cd drive i wanted to take out and then slid the new dvd burner in its place plugged in the necessary wires drives did installed any in find hard ??? "Setup not your disk computer..." and i thought i was in business turns out for whatever "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer..." ??? reason i couldnt see the drive when i went to quot my computer quot so i thought that maybe i plugged in the wrong wire i un plugged one plugged in another that was hanging down and then my computer just shut off now i am getting message thats telling me quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer quot am i dealing strictly with a problem where i have the wrong things plugged in or did i fry my hard drive Any "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer..." ??? help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

A:"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer..." ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.681329/
Relevancy 82.46%

i get the message "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" when i try to install windows xp on a dell dimension 5150c with a 160G WD SATA drive. the bios detects it fine and the diagnostics indicate that it's okay and norton ghost is able to access it. this post:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic18329.html

indicates that i should try setting my sata operation to "combination". i have no such setting in my bios. i have only ahci and ata for this setting. i've tried both with identical results. do i need scsi drivers to install windows? thanks for any help.

A:Get "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

This is one of the most common problems we see here on TechSpot!
What you need to do is press F6 for third-party scsi or raid controller just as the Windows install is starting. You then need to insert your SATA driver disk.
If you do not have one then you will need to go to the Dell website and download the correct one for your PC and put it on to a floppy disk.
This should get all working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/get-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.68037/
Relevancy 82.46%

I recently aquired this system Dell PowerEdge SC Intel Xeon GHz x Gb HDD Gb any did not find hard your in installed Solved: computer." disk "Setup drives RAM PowerEdge Expandable RAID Controller BIOS LSI Logic Corp HA - Bus Dev PERC SC Standard FW startup says Logical Drives found on the host adapter Logical Drive s handled Solved: "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer." by BIOS This computer previously had Microsoft Small Business Server installed on it but by the time I received it someone had replaced the OS with Ubantu I came in with all guns blazing knowing nothing about RAID SCSI or server systems and went and DBAN d the whole system because there was a lot of useless juck from the previous owners on there and my friend didn t like Ubantu and wanted a simple Windows XP installation I think i have got the HDDs online again after the dban but How do I get Windows XP installed in this bloody computer so that it runs for all intents and purposes like a powerful desktop instead of a server When i run the Windows Setup it asks for rd party drivers for the RAID SCSI I have exhausted my googling abilities trying but I can t find PERC SC RAID controllers with the relevant quot txtsetup oem quot file that Windows Setup is demanding I downloaded the Dell perc sc driver package from support dell com but it doesn t have the txtsetup oem file and Windows Still asks for it Is there a certain array configuration that enables windows to see the drives without the drivers If so details please Please help Regards Chris nbsp

A:Solved: "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer."

If you have the driver files, you should be able to slipstream them to your Windows XP disk.

Download and install nLite (http://www.nliteos.com/download.html). This program allows you to add to your current Windows installation disk such things as Windows updates, Service Packs and hardware drivers (including SATA and SCSI).

The actual usage is pretty self-explanatory. Let us know how it goes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.763905/
Relevancy 105.35%

I have a HP DV6400 notebook running MS XP PRO. Keyboard driver appears corrupt. Keyboard works in BOIS screens but not at login window. BT wireless mouse works so all I can do is shutdown, cannot type with mouse. Called HP support and they were useless. Read through all your threads, great info but none of the suggestions worked (use USB keyboard, etc). Concluded I need to repair the OS.

Booted from XP disk in CD/DVD drive, hit ?R? for repair (keyboard worked) and then received error; ?Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.? The only fix I found on line was to use a bootable floppy to install hdd drivers, see http://www.windowsxphome.windowsrein...exfullpage.htm.

I will need to go buy a USB floppy drive and floppies (in 2008 ? really?) in order to follow their solution.

Do you have a better suggestion?

A:Setup did not find any hard disk installed - Why?

Hi,
Is your hard drive SATA?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-installed-why-284362.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I am trying to install a new harddrive on a amd sempron 2500+

amd sempron 2500+
windows xp home edition

this is what shows up on the install

set up did not find any hard disk drives installed

A:set up did not find any hard disk drives installed

Enter the BIOS at startup and set the drive controller mode to IDE or ATA instead of SATA, turn AHCI or native command queuing off if there are such settings, save the settings and retry.

Else you'll need to slipstream the sata drivers on the XP CD :
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...-installation/
Get the sata drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/set-up-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-465798.html
Relevancy 104.49%

O.K. This should not be too much of a problem and one that occurs regularly, but - I have created NTFS partitions on two hard drives installed in my computer. So, Partition Magic knows the two disks are there.

Why then do I get the message "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer" when I boot up with the Windows XP setup disk?

When I boot up disk references are briefly displayed. When I go into setup, the disks are listed under "hard disk drives" as "1st drive VIA VT6420 1st HDD" and "2nd drive VIA VT6420 2nd HDD".

What do I need to do to fix this?

I thought a clean Windows XP install would be straightforward.

Relevancy 101.48%

Recently I bought this computer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-FAST-PRO-DELL-...item3a5544460a
I tried to install XP server pack 2 but this error came up "Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation". I am currently following this guide to resolve this issue.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...-installation/
But I am stuck at the driver's part, I am currently on my windows 7 and don't know what driver I am suppose to upload?

A:[URGENT]Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation

Ok Im confused.
Please clarify a thing or two.

According to the site it comes with XP.
Did it?

In your post you state that you are trying to put SP2 on it.
Is this a XP disk that has SP2 built into it?
If it is and you already have XP running you wont need that.

Please clarify and we will get you sorted out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/urgent-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation-449389.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Recently I bought this computer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-FAST-PRO-DELL...ZViewItemQQptZDesktop_PCs?hash=item3a5544460a
I tried to install XP server pack 2 but this error came up "Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation". I am currently following this guide to resolve this issue.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...d-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation/
But I am stuck at the driver's part, I am currently on my windows 7 and don't know what driver I am suppose to upload?

A:[URGENT]Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation.892008/
Relevancy 96.75%

I have a system that was custom built about 3 years ago - Guy put XP pro on it, but wasn't a "valid key". I just purchased a full version of XP Pro, and am trying to reformat my hard drive with this (I was told on a forum about 9 mos ago that my registry was seriously screwed and this was the only option). Got it to boot from the new XP CD - but then says cannot find any hard disk drives installed in computer. I have 2 hard drives - one removable (hoping to save some pics on this and not have to reformat this). Thanks for your help - Moe

A:Reformat Of Xp Pro - System Can't Find Any Hard Disk Drives

What kind of hard drive is it? IDE, SATA or SCSI? Is the drive recognized by the bios?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92759/reformat-of-xp-pro-system-cant-find-any-hard-disk-drives/
Relevancy 93.74%

I'm trying to install Windows XP. I pop in the disk, boot from CD ROM, go thru the part where it scans for stuff until I reach "Press Enter to install Windows XP", then I get the message that says Setup did not find any hard disk drives.

I have a HP Pavilion zd7000

Relevancy 93.31%

need help! got a customers dell dimension 8400 3.0 ghz 1 gig ram and a seagate 160 gig sata drive bios wont recognize the drive, try to install win xp pro to drive someone please help !!!!!!! this is a nightmare

A:error message:set up did not find any harddrives installed in your system

You need to insert the sata driver disk at the beginning of the windows install process by pressing F6 for 3rd party scsi or raid driver!!!!

This is a very common problem and nice and easy to fix!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-set-up-did-not-find-any-harddrives-installed-in-your-system.64166/
Relevancy 92.45%

I received a "unmountable boot volume" error on our laptop.
We have a Dell Vostro laptop with Windows XP

When I was trying to fix the boot error, I changed the BIOS Settings to load from CD first.
Then I loaded the Windows XP CD and attempted to run the Recovery, however, I received a message saying "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed..."

What should I do next to try to fix this issue?
We hope the hard drive is not dead because we will have a lost quite a bit of information. I will appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you.

A:Did not find any hard disk drives while trying to fix unmountable boot volume error

The hard drive is the cause of the error. If you can't afford to lose the information, remove the hard drive and put it aside. Install a new drive and re-install the version of Windows you were using... Information on the bad drive might be recoverable by placing it into an external USB enclosure and accessing the files that way

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-while-trying-to-fix-unmountable-boot-volume-error.175051/
Relevancy 86.43%

i have a sony pcv-rx with mindows xp home i just tried to do a system restore but when i got to my second cd i found out that it was damaged and wold not work I have contacted sony to order new cd s for my system restore but after one of their customer service reps sent me the wrong set I found out that they no longer have them for my system I was told by sony to get a new drives not find did hard any disc setup windows xp home So after serching i now have the xp home cd but when i go to install it i get setup did not find any hard disc drives installed i have found on the web reboot downloads and have used them but will not work I have found a download from sony that should work but the only other computer i have is a older hp with windows and i am having problems getting any downloads to a cd or floppy any help thanks cjtalbot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disc-drives.578236/
Relevancy 86.43%

I am attempting to perform a clean install of Windows XP Home Edition using a CD. Everything seems to run perfectly fine, until I get to the step asking for me to press 'Enter' if I wish to continue with the Setup.

When I do so, it leads me to a screen stating:

"Setup did not find any hard disc drives installed in your computer.

Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disl-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program."
The strange thing is, I've opened up the laptop, and the hard disk is there, connected, and as far as I can tell, receiving power.

The manufacturer-supplied disc was either lost or non-existent.
If it helps any, my machine happens to be a Compaq Presario v3530TU Notebook.

Many thanks to all who reply and/or offer suggestions.

Relevancy 83.85%
A:No Hard Disk Drives installed

your boot sector is corrupted. you will need to reformat. I hope you backed everything up!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hard-disk-drives-installed.48691/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a computer with an Abit KV8pro mother board and it has a Samsung 500GB SATA hard drive installed along with an IDE CD drive. I am trying to load XP Pro from a genuine XP pro cd. It boots up then says it finds no hard drive. This is a new hard drive with nothing on it.

I had set this computer up in the past with a different SATA drive using Windows 98 and had no problems with the drive being found. No driver floppy came with the Abit motherboard.

I have checked the bios and SATA RAID ROM and boot from SATA drive are enabled. Is there some SATA driver I need to install? If so where would I find it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

A:XP setup cannot find hard disk

You need to install the sata drivers. If you don't have floppy, see this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/resolving-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404246/xp-setup-cannot-find-hard-disk/
Relevancy 82.99%

My cousin disk hard No drives your in installed computer sent me his Toshiba Satellite A -S and No hard disk drives installed in your computer asked if I would downgrade his Vista to XP I didn t think this would be a problem at the time because I ve done this routine plenty of times I ve tried different drivers now by loading them when pressing F during the installation but none of them seem to get the installation to recognize the hard No hard disk drives installed in your computer drive I ve also tried to slip-stream the drivers onto an installation CD but that was pretty much a waste of time I know the hard drive is in correctly because it appears in the BIOS I have scoured intel and toshiba s websites looking for this driver to no avail I ve submitted a ticket to toshiba explaining my issue but still have yet to hear anything I just looked on Hitachi s website they also do not have the driver that I am looking for If Toshiba is not able to supply me with the correct driver is there anything else I can try to install XP on this machine Maybe i m not using the correct driver and someone here can point me in the right direction I m pulling my hair out with this so ANY help is VERY much appreciated Thanks Joel nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

I have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop windows xp i am trying to reformat from a dell xp desktop disk when i get to the screen where it asks to press enter to setup xp or r to repair i press enter to setup xp and it say's (setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your comp) i went into bios looks like the hard drive is detected but does not work also tried resetting hard drive still nothing.

A:No hard disk drives installed on comp

Check if the HDD is well connected or that a cable may have been out by a shock and that the cable is in good condition. If not then the HDD may be dead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hard-disk-drives-installed-on-comp.141203/
Relevancy 82.56%

I'm not one to ask for help, but I'm stuck!

I have a HP laptop that I bought from Walmart three years ago, and it had everything pre-installed (no XP disk). It has been running very slowly, so I wanted to reinstall XP to make it run like new, so I put in another, working XP disk in and restarted the computer.

When I was at the disk's blue screen, I hit enter to install XP (to reformat the drive). However, it says there are no Hard Disk Drives installed, and I can't do anything.

Now, I don't know what to do... any help is, well, helpful.

Thanks!

A:Can't Find Hard Disk Drives

You probably have a recovery partition on the hard drive.
Since you tried to load windows off of the wrong disc can you still load windows and get to your desktop?
At the bottom is the link to a post in which I helped Jendra find here partition, and then get her system reloaded/reinstalled, Please read through it until you get to the recovery part and see if that helps you and post any questions you have here

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/746688-solved-cannot-access.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-hard-disk-drives.747301/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,

Just installed XP Pro last week.... no problems . Last night, my computer will not work . I try to Repair from the CD, but the I get the same error over and over. I get the same error even if I try to run set from scratch. What to do??

Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,
i got new notebook HP dv6670ej.
i have vista on it and problems with it, i tried to format and
install windows XP but in the begin after the computer loads the files,
it shows me error: setup did not find any hard disk drivers installed in your computer.
i searched for ways to fix it, one way is to disable SATA in bios, but i dont have the option in there. other way is to make a windows installation with nLite,
but i have no idea what drivers i need for it and where to download them.
maybe there is another easier way?
can someone help me please?

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drivers

in most of the links you gave i saw that i need a floopy drive that i dont have.
and i still cannot understand what drivers i need and where to get them from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drivers.108967/
Relevancy 81.7%

my computer is an msi k9n neo v3. when i got on it one day it said reboot and select proper boot device. so i put in the windows xp pro disk and then it said

"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer. make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and any disk related configuration is correct.

how can i fix this problem without a floppy disk or using anything long and confusing?

A:Windows XP cannot find hard disk drives

If this happened suddenly after your PC had been working fine all this time, I would suspect a bad hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-cannot-find-hard-disk-drives.133321/
Relevancy 81.7%

Windows will not start for me in any mode I have a a Dell Dimension E and Windows XP Media did hard disk find drives your computer not on up any Set Center and Set up did not find any hard disk drives on your computer this is the message I get when I try to boot from my Windows install disc I have a floppy disk drive and have downloaded several different SATA and SCSI drivers And none of them worked When I hit F and put in the floppy disk with these drivers I would either get quot cannot find txtsetup oem quot or it would try to run the driver and then it would start right back over trying to load Windows and I would end up back at the same quot cannot find any hard disk drives quot screen I ran a hard drive diagnostic test and I passed everything If this is just as simple as downloading the correct drivers onto my floppy disk I would be GREATLY appreciative if someone could direct me to the correct download link As you can see I'm not the most tech savvy guy in the world but I feel like I'm one download away Someone PLEASE help me out Thanks

A:Set up did not find any hard disk drives on your computer

Hi m8008m and welcome to TSF

Go into your BIOS and see if your harddrive can be seen there.

Try booting in the Safe mode.

Tell what you find,

Best regards,
Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/set-up-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-on-your-computer-295898.html
Relevancy 80.41%

i have an hp pavilion dv5000 and at first i had a "blue screen" problem so my friend thought reformatting my hard drive will help but no i have no OS and when i try to put one in it says like "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system" please help i dont know what to do

A:HP Pavilion dv5000 cant find a hard disk installed

How did you friend reformat the HDD?

1. Under Windows
2. Under Windows Setup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv5000-cant-find-a-hard-disk-installed.78694/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi I am brand new to this site and I am hoping someone can help. I usually watch football games online on ladbrokes tv only today no joy, it came up with the error message above. Tried a friends laptop and it worked okay so it must be mine, however, I have no idea what this means, usually with error messages I google it and somebody has an answer somewhere but not this time I am hoping someone knows what it means and better still how it can be fixed.

Not wanting to sound stupid but if anybody does have a solution I am not that techy so baby steps LOL

Thank you in advance

Relevancy 80.41%

Hello Could anybody advise me My brother recently bought a Hewlett Packard computer with the operating system pre-installed He has now asked me if I can format amp partition his h d The problem is that we only have a recovery disk and not the full setup disk I contacted HP UK to get one obtaining (XP) system installed sofware operating setup disk-pre and they have told me that as far as Microsoft are concerned they HP would be acting illegally I informed them that a few years ago Tiny sent me one for my own PC so they then told me that Tiny had acted illegally This morning I contacted Microsoft UK for confirmation of this but was told it is perfecly ok for them to send a disk I then rang HP back and informed them of this obtaining operating system (XP) setup disk-pre installed sofware but they are still refusing to issue one and tell me it is illegal This is not meant to be a gripe or a moan about any obtaining operating system (XP) setup disk-pre installed sofware individual company but obtaining operating system (XP) setup disk-pre installed sofware an attempt to gain knowledge regarding my problem If I can t get hold of a full setup disk how can I do a full system format partition and re-install an operating system that he has paid to use Our only other option would be to buy the operating system again or to buy an OEM disk and hardware but surely lots of others must have had the same problem Thanks in advance for any advise info views in advance BD nbsp

A:obtaining operating system (XP) setup disk-pre installed sofware

I think HP are behaving badly here and you might approach your local Trading Standards office about them, providing they're operating from a UK address.

That said, however, the only feasible alternative is to buy an XP CD, format, install and activate with the new Product Key to give your brother a fully legal and supported OS. The other way round this is to post details of his problems - why does he want to format? Someone here will help.

If he only wants to partition, there is software that can do this without losing data. Have a look in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>COmputer Management>Disk Management and see what the present partition arrangements are. HP may have left a small partition to store data which responds to their recovery disks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/obtaining-operating-system-xp-setup-disk-pre-installed-sofware.307988/
Relevancy 79.12%

Ok i installed a TB hard drive as a slave I have GB hard with my OS on it I just added the TB for storage Now it appears that all these programs going on the TB are storing temp files or something on the GB Is there a way i can stop this I tried to copy Hard drive-Low Installed disk space TB message the GB over to the TB several times but the program that came with Installed TB Hard drive-Low disk space message the HD was crap and didnt do it so i gave up and started using the comp like normal I think my options are to make an image of the GB and transfer it to the TB then remove the GB Simply take all the personal data and non windows files off of the and move them to the TB but this will cause all kinds of problems with the registry no Remove the GB wipe the TB and reinstall windows on the TB and start the rebuilding process for the eight time this year Darn you Windows Defender and your tricky little pop ups Ok so most of this is based off of what i read and heard so don't yell at me for using the wrong lingo I am moderately computer knowledgable This was my first HD install though Any help would be fantastic

A:Installed TB Hard drive-Low disk space message

What is the size of your "My Documents folder?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-tb-hard-drive-low-disk-space-message-488534.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a HP Probook 4530swith Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. When I turn on the PC the windows does'nt start and give a option of starting windows manually, which does'nt work, and repair windows. Repairing windows with windows 7 CD did not help.

I then decided to reinstall windows 7, but while installing, on the select disk page, it shows a error saying no drives found.

I then performed a Hard Disk Test which resulted in failure saying:
Failure ID : UC7WX0-5NB67S-XD6V5G-60TF03

Please help me Whether what should I do

A:Can't find drives on installing windows 7 & Hard Disk Test Failed

It sounds like the hard-drive has died and you need a new one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251258-cant-find-drives-installing-windows-7-hard-disk-test-failed.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I am having a lot of trouble trying to get the PC to find Sata drive while tring to install Windows xp!.I have checked out different sources but they all seem complicated. It is a custom built pc with an intel motherboard. I do not have a floppy drive in it. Could someone help me PLEASE!!! I dont know what to do.

A:Cannot find any hard disk drives during windows xp install. do not have floppy drive!

You can provide those drivers from CD.
When the setup asks you to press F6 to load drivers, press F6, remove XP CD, insert driver CD.
When done, installation will ask you to re-insert XP CD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-find-any-hard-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-install-do-not-have-floppy-drive.142684/
Relevancy 78.69%

i am trying to install Visual C++ 6.0, but I am running into a problem.After I enter the CD key for the install, I get an error box stating"Couldn't find ACME setup." After this, I get another box that directs meto try again or see the Microsoft web site for general questions, then theinstall simply quits

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-to-fix-the-error-message-saying-couldnt-find-acme-setup/203704.html
Relevancy 78.26%

My Dell Vostro Laptop recently quit working Its only months old I turned it on and it came to a screen saying quot Windows dould not start because the following file is missing or corrupt quot windows system config system quot You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair quot I inserted the setup disc and booted from it when I got the the Repair option it says quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program Setup cannot continue quot So I took the computer cannot brand Disk Windows installed. Setup new Harddrive, find even harddrive a with down to the local Windows Setup Disk cannot find Harddrive, even with a brand new harddrive installed. computer store and they put in a new GB Windows Setup Disk cannot find Harddrive, even with a brand new harddrive installed. harddrive ran the setup disk again and it displayed the same missing HDD message Anyone have any Ideas of Windows Setup Disk cannot find Harddrive, even with a brand new harddrive installed. what could be wrong Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows Setup Disk cannot find Harddrive, even with a brand new harddrive installed.

Hi, and welcome to TSF. If it's still under warranty I would take it back to the suppliers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-setup-disk-cannot-find-harddrive-even-with-a-brand-new-harddrive-installed-244370.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I am trying to resolve a "Setup did not find any hard drives" error while installing Windows XP on my HP Pavilion dv9000 with an AMD Turion 64x2. I am following the information on this site:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...d-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation/

The problem I'm having is that I cannot figure out where to find the correct RAID/SATA Drives for my laptop. If somebody knows where to find the appropriate *.inf files I would appriciate it. Thanks

Relevancy 76.54%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer 'copy.exe' When I Windows cannot open my The disk drives find error is C: v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C When I open my disk drives C: The error is Windows cannot find 'copy.exe' WINDOWS system When I open my disk drives C: The error is Windows cannot find 'copy.exe' lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ACS exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program When I open my disk drives C: The error is Windows cannot find 'copy.exe' Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C Program Files Toshiba Power Management CeEPwrSvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA Ivp Swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ypager exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - HKLM Run RegDoctor C Program Files RegDoctor RegDoctor exe -Quick O - HKLM Run TrojanScanner C Program Files Trojan Remover Trjscan exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ypager exe quot -quiet O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www toshiba com O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip BDC D E- DC - D A-B C- CC AF E AB NameServer O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxsrvc dll O - Winlogon Notify NavLogon - C WINDOWS system NavLogon dll O - Service Atheros Configuration Service ACS - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system ACS exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C ... Read more

A:When I open my disk drives C: The error is Windows cannot find 'copy.exe'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-open-my-disk-drives-c-the-error-is-windows-cannot-find-copy-exe.548203/
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm trying to see if a particular program was installed on a system running Windows 7 without it being booted up. I don't see this program listed under Program Files or Program Files (x86), but I do see something listed under ProgramData that has an executable.
I talked to the vendor, and he stated that this might be what I'm looking for, but that it would show up in the installed programs. 
Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a97a4cad-72e7-4a87-a2f7-b7e5e29ebafe/is-it-possible-to-find-what-programs-are-installed-on-a-hard-drive-without-booting-a-system-up?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 75.68%

i installed prim master fujitsu3.4gbytes, primslave wdigital 2.55gb, secmaster quantum6.4gb, and secslave cdrom. the fujitsu hard drive has windows xp clean installation and was working perfectly on other pc, until i transplanted it with the other hdrives.
i can acess the bios where i configured the drives parameters, boot secuence, etc. the post detects the three drives and their capacity, and then shows this message:
hard disk(s) failure (80) i then press f1 to continue, and get the following message:
disk boot failure. insert system disk and press enter.

i wellcome any suggestions to find the cause of this problem?

bye and thanks.

Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 (2 yrs old) with Vista Home Premium, 32bit, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 4GB RAM, and 280 GB hard disk with 70% free space. On several occasions, recently, my system stopped responding. I don't get a blue screen, but I do get a message indicating that the hard disk cannot be found. Each time I run checkdisk, the only message that might be of concern is "49 reparse records processed. The other messages are: "0 unindexed files processed", and "usn journal verification comple". Once I restart my system, it boots up just fine and runs okay - until the next episode.

What could be causing my system to lose communication with my hard disk?
Thanx in advance for your thoughts.

A:System cannot find hard disk

I would do a system file check and a malwarebytes scan.

System Files - SFC Command

Tutorial:Thanks to Brink

Malwarebytes

EDIT:Schedule a disc check for next start up as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/288714-system-cannot-find-hard-disk.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Found this problem yesterday when I tried doing a clean install of Win7 due to virus-like Windows behaviour. I've had no issues previously with any HDD's. I have 2 HDD's, one internal partitioned into C and D drive, the other external as F drive (by personal choice). My system partition and recovery partition are undiscoverable in Windows' Disk Management tool, by Windows Setup, and it seems Device Manager. They are seen by Windows Explorer though. Can anyone please help with this BAFFLING situation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-hard-drive-undiscoverable-in-disk-management-or-by-setup.882834/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi,
I am using XP and I get the following message on booting up :-

"....:qttask.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk1\DR1 "

When I click Continue a number of times the message disappears and I can use the computer.

I don't know what the problem is and its effect. I would certainly like to cure the problem and would be grateful of any help.

Thanks

A:Error message - Hard Disk qttask.exe No Disk

Best to stop it starting up with XP. Go Start>Run and type in msconfig. Click on the Startup tab and scroll down to the entry for qttask.exe and then untick it. Click Apply and OK and the system will restart. When it comes back, tick the "don't show this message again" box and hit OK. You won't be deleting QuickTime and can still start it when needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-hard-disk-qttask-exe-no-disk.306603/
Relevancy 74.39%

My hard drive dissapeared. I tried unplugging the power cables as suggested but it did not fix the problem. Is it dead? It's less than 2 years old. I have a Dell with a 40g hard drive.

A:error message..hard drive not installed

gfs said:

My hard drive dissapeared. I tried unplugging the power cables as suggested but it did not fix the problem. Is it dead? It's less than 2 years old. I have a Dell with a 40g hard drive.Click to expand...

What exactly was the scenario behind this problem gfs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-hard-drive-not-installed.401976/
Relevancy 74.39%

I installed my new hard drive and when I strat my computer I get the message "REBOOT ANS SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR ISERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS A KEY"

hELP

Relevancy 74.39%

My daughter dropped the computer. It is unable to boot and makes a clicking sound. When I tried to run some tests I get the error message Hard Drive-Not installed. I am guessing the hard drive got knocked when it dropped-is there any way to put it back in place? Thanks.

A:Error Message: Hard Drive - Not Installed

More likely the hard drive is dead. They are pretty well bolted in and hard to come loose. Is it really a Dell with Windows XP? Maybe a good excuse to go buy a new HP. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Error-Message-Hard-Drive-Not-Installed/td-p/5722979
Relevancy 73.96%

Re quot Boot mgr missing press ctrl alt delete to continue quot My friend recently plugged my gb hardrive into his external disk reader right clicked on the drive when missing Solved: Op Boot installed system No on hard disk - mgr yet. shown in quot my computer quot then clicked quot Format quot to clear the disk I then plugged it back into my PC to reinstall Windows XP onto a clean disk only to find that an error message appeared reading quot Boot mgr missing press ctrl alt delete to continue quot I have pressed these keys yet nothing is happening I have tried to boot from the windows disk but obviously it cant boot as quot Boot mgr quot is missing Is their any way I can install windows or the Boot mgr file onto this disk or is it now a GB storage device PLEASE HELP Also if any one out there Solved: Boot mgr missing on hard disk - No Op system installed yet. can help please use simple terms to explain as I am far from computer literate Many thanks lskin nbsp

A:Solved: Boot mgr missing on hard disk - No Op system installed yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-boot-mgr-missing-on-hard-disk-no-op-system-installed-yet.965505/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,I have been getting smart errors on the hard drive so i decided to swap it with a new HDD which had the same issue.. Wierd but not unheard of.However i again replaced the drive and installed windows all working fine rebooted a few times with updates all good. However the next morning black screen: hard disk error please run the disk test, hard disk 1 (301) and (3f1).The hp disk test all comes back fine and the drives test fine in a seperate system.So all in all im pretty confused has anyone else come across this?Thanks,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Smart-hard-disk-error-on-multiple-drives/td-p/5666058
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a two month old Dell Studio Mini and it has been great but a few weeks ago my wife called and said when she started the computer she got a black screen that said something like quot Windows did not shut down Hard Error 2 on message Disk properly the last time would you like to start in SafeMode quot When she got it started a toolbar was missing When I got home I ran Norton DiskDoctor and immediately got a message that said quot Error on Hard Disk Master Partition Table is unreadable The Master Partion Table is physically damaged The only way to correct this problem is from a low level format quot Error on Hard Disk 2 message I tried using SystemRestore but I'm still getting the same message from DiskDoctor Have any of you had this problem My computer is still under warranty so maybe I'll have to get with the Tech guys at Dell Just curious if anyone else has had this problem and if so how you resolved it Thanks

A:Error on Hard Disk 2 message

Hi tipcom1,
This happens when when you run Norton DiskDoctor in your system, maybe the Zipdrive (Floppy Drive) is turned on in your system BIOS, Try to turn on the Zipdrive and then restart the system and then try to run the same Program in your system.

You can go to the system BIOS by Press the F2 when you restart the system and look for the Diskette Drive there and then turn it off

Hope that helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224750-error-hard-disk-2-message.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I got back from class today and my computer was frozen. I forced a reboot. When it tries to load windows XP, I get an error message that says: Operating System Not Found !!!!!!!! Can/Should I load with the boot disks? I CAN NOT loose the info on my hard drive. What should I do?

Relevancy 71.38%

I'm trying to reinstall windows. When the cd is booted and windows starts I get an error that it cant find my hard drive. I'm using a SATA hard drive, and I'm assuming its a problem with my BIOS settings but I'm not sure what to change. I know my hard drive is working because the current version of windows I have on it loads fine and I can access my files. I've also ran chkdsk /f to fix any problems. I would really appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

A:Can't reinstall windows - error message: can't find hard drive. Please Help.

Installing on SATA drive, requires an additional step:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_install_windows_xp_on_a.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-reinstall-windows-error-message-cant-find-hard-drive-please-help.502677/
Relevancy 71.38%

I'm trying to reinstall windows. When the cd is booted and windows starts I get an error that it cant find my hard drive. I'm using a SATA hard drive, and I'm assuming its a problem with my BIOS settings but I'm not sure what to change. I know my hard drive is working because the current version of windows I have on it loads fine and I can access my files. I've also ran chkdsk /f to fix any problems. I would really appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

A:Can't reinstall windows - error message: can't find hard drive. Please Help.

You probably need a sata driver for Xp cd to see the hard drive. When you first start setup you will see "press F6 to insert driver"...driver should be on floppy disk and probably came with motherboard or is downloadable from motherboard mfgr site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-reinstall-windows-error-message-cant-find-hard-drive-please-help.502676/
Relevancy 70.95%

ok so i have vista eternity 2009 64 bit... my pc is sooo slow now and got no idea why.. it lags so much now. i keep experiencing the following error message on it ->

any help will be greatly appreciated

all the best
dave

A:Hard disk problem error message

oh ya almost forgot.. i ran seatools long test and it passed.. so its not my HDD.. busy using them now... i am thinking may be my PSU (only got 350W powering 2 * HDD and graphics card) or could be faulty motherboard/CPU...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/214698-hard-disk-problem-error-message.html
Relevancy 70.95%

just like the title says my HD crashed and i could not boot on the computer i put in a new HD and tried to boot it would not work. i would see the HP screen but then i would get the error. it is a 810a model and help would be extremely appreciated. and if you really know you can email me at <email removed>

A:Installed new HD now getting "disk boot error inset system disk & press enter"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-new-hd-now-getting-disk-boot-error-inset-system-disk-press-enter.839426/
Relevancy 70.95%

I am running Windows Vista on a HP laptop that I bought in July 2008 (Windows was pre-loaded), and I haven't downloaded any additional service packs.

My computer was running fine, I hadn't installed any new software recently, or installed any new hardware. When a program was running a bit slow, I went ahead and restarted just to clear up any problems. When it restarted, it tried to boot at least 5 times, and gave me the error message that it couldn't find the operating system.

One of my friends has told me, and from what I can gather, that I need to try to boot from a disk, and then reset the MBR. However, I can't find where to get a boot disk from, and what exactly I should do next.

Any help???

A:During Boot Error Message: 'Can't find Operating System'.

The problem you're experiencing is indeed related to the MBR is you have uninstalled and installed software and hardware (which, I would like to get a list of so I can further elaborate).

Here's a good website for bootdisks.

Also, when booting press F12 and boot into your HDD instead of your CD/DVD or Network (if they're set for some..strange reason..).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/during-boot-error-message-cant-find-operating-system-373195.html
Relevancy 70.95%

While performing system restore I lost power and my hp pavillion dv6 got shutdown. When I tried to boot, using the original windows 7 64 bit cd, I get the message: Error occurd while attempting to read the boot configuration data: Status: 0xc0000225. IN the next line I see File\boot\bcd. After researching I found that my bootsect.exe file missing. I copied the file from the windows 7 cd and now I get the error message: 0xc000098. need help
Thank you

A:Error Message: 0xc 0000225 windows can't find hard drive , can't boot

I also tried the command : bootrec /rebuildbcd >> I get the message: total identified windows installations: 0 instead of 1. So, the system is not recognizing harddrive? But, I just copied all my documents from hard drives to an external hard drive. It's the boot is not recognizing the hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305434-error-message-0xc-0000225-windows-cant-find-hard-drive-cant-boot.html
Relevancy 70.95%

i have a lenovo that is fairly new. My computer was working fine and then all of a sudden i'm getting several error messages. A box is coming up that is called a disk optimizer activation. Another message box i receive says "hard drive not found. Missing hard drive". Another error message box i get says " ram usage5 is critically high". I don't have that much on my hard drive and have 2 gb of ram. something is messed up here and i don't have a clue. Please help if possible. This computer has windows vista business, NOT xp. Sorry

A:critical error windows can't find hard disk space

If you can, restore to factory default using the Recovery media.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/critical-error-windows-cant-find-hard-disk-space-543974.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I started getting this pop up message all the sudden today about Windows not being able to find hard-disk space It told me I had errors and advised me to restart my computer I did only to find on restart that all my desktop icons were gone and none of my programs were showing in the start menu anymore In addition I was still hard disk Error: cant space. Windows Critical find getting the error message I rebooted into safe mode and Critical Error: Windows cant find hard disk space. had the same issue with my programs The computer will not let me do a system restore the option simply is not there I do not know what else to do I have Windows XP I believe svc pack but I am not positive Here is the requested log It will not let me post this from my computer so I am using my phone and can't attach the other file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Critical Error: Windows cant find hard disk space. NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Amy at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS Critical Error: Windows cant find hard disk space. system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Documents and Settings Amy My Documents DownloadedPrograms dds scr C WINDOWS system WSCRIPT exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp dragcave net uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt e d- - fd- c - a f - c program files divx divx plus web player npdivx dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO DivX HiQ ddec - - cdd- e - dadaa e - c program files divx divx plus web player npdivx dll BHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun Messenger Yahoo quot c progra yahoo messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Desktop Software quot c program files common files supportsoft bin bcont exe quot ini quot c program files comcastui desktop software uinstaller ini quot fromrun starthidden uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun Aim quot c program files aim aim exe quot d locale en-US uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings amy local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun ieswqMPFEaliD c documents and settings all users application data ieswqMPFEaliD exe uRun Yciyi rundll exe quot c windows onsvbde dll quot Startup mRun ATIPTA quot c program files ati technologies ati control panel atiptaxx exe quot mRun DVDLauncher quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd DVDLauncher exe quot mRun AdobeCS ServiceManager quot c program files common files adobe cs servicemanager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin mRun CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE mRun CTHelper CTHELPER EXE mRun Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon c program files hewlett-packard hp share-to-web hpgs wnd exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl ... Read more

A:Critical Error: Windows cant find hard disk space.

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.

Please Download
TDSSKiller.zip

>>> Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.Click on the Start Scan button and wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.
If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue

If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue

If you are asked to reboot the computer to complete the process, click on the Reboot Now button. A report will be automatically saved at the root of the System drive ((usually C:\) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt" (for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt). Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file will appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
===

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
===

For AVG antivirus and anti-spyware security software users only.

Quote:

Due to recent changes in AVG and how it interacts with CF, AVG must be uninstalled to run ComboFix. You will get a message from CF stating such.

If AVG will not uninstall, it is first recommended to uninstall it wi... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/critical-error-windows-cant-find-hard-disk-space-575042.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I was advised by a computer tech to buy a new hard drive because of issues I had with my HP pavillion s3330.
After installing I got a non-system disk error message.
After going into the BIOS to make sure it was booting my HP recovery cd from the the right drive, I ran a diagnostics test and after finding no problems an error message came up at the bottom saying - Testing: BOOT PATH, Error code: BIOHD-3.

I consulted HP who said I need to create a partition for the software to be installed to.
If that is the problem then can anybody assist me with this as I have no clue.

By the way, I'm using Vista home premium.

Thanks,

Greg

Relevancy 70.52%

My Hp pavillion pc started crashing a lot recently and recovery didn't work so I told was advised to get a new hard disk which I did but now I keep getting the above error I've been into the bios and all seems to be booting from the correct drive The first time I tried the hp recovery disk it started to work but when it came to reinstalling the software it stayed on for long so I switched off Maybe that was disk Non-system with new disk error drive or hard a mistake I've run a diagnostics test all passed the test but at the end it said testing Boot path error code BIOHD- I tried putting the old drive back Non-system disk or disk error with new hard drive in and it was the same as before But I was still able to go online albeit until it crashed again HP want more money to help even though I brought the recovery discs they suggested I really hope someone can help I've been told there needs be A partition before the software can be installed Sorry if the wording is a bit messed up I am writting this from a mobile Thanks in advance Greg

A:Non-system disk or disk error with new hard drive

Have you tried to run the recovery disks again? They should automatically put a partition on the hard drive.

If it still doesn't work then there's usually one of two different possibilities:
- bad recovery disks
- other bad hardware in the system

I'd suggest running these free bootable diagnostics first: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Then, if those tests pass, contact HP to return the defective recovery disks and get a new set.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296163-non-system-disk-disk-error-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 70.09%

U mean F10 and then F9 for defaults.Tried that didn't worked.

A:Re: "Hard Disk - (3F0) BootDevice not found" Error Message

Hello,  I'll be making a post here to show you how to troubleshoot the Hard Disk (3F0) error message.  3F0 can be caused by 3 things 1. Bad hard drive or partition structure, erase the entire hard drive then use HP recovery discs to attempt reinstall of the OS and all partitions. 2. Bad hard drive data cable that connects it to the motherboard, replace the cable 3. Bad sata controller on the motherboard replaces the motherboard or laptop.   Now, the first step, is to test the Hard Drive out in the BIOS if you can get into it.  You will need to boot up the notebook and press F10. If you can get into the BIOS you will need to run the self-test. Here is a document showing you how to run the test. If you can't get into the BIOS I would suggest removing the HDD and then try getting into the BIOS again. Once you remove the HDD boot the notebook up again and press F10. If you can get into the BIOS, then the HDD is bad.  Here is a video showing you how to remove the HDD:  Another step you can take is removing the HDD and testing it out in a different notebook. If you receive the same error message on a different notebook then we will know the culprit is the HDD.  Now, if the HDD comes back OK, I would suggest calling HP @8004746836 and see what options they have on replacing or repairing the notebook.  In most notebooks the Hard Drive data cable and the SATA cables are usually built in cables that cannot be replaced unless you replace the entire notebook.  If you guys have any questions at all please let me know.   THX

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Re-quot-Hard-Disk-3F0-BootDevice-not-found-quot-Error/td-p/5469074
Relevancy 70.09%

I have been having option find could Error was Message: that not the environment entered The system this problem since I tried to download the latest version of Itunes and safari I am not Error Message: The system could not find the environment option that was entered sure whether this is a coincidence or not I have a windows vista pc It appears that I no longer have administrator status on my stand alone PC which has only one user account ie administrator I tried to uninstall Safari via control panel which gave me the error messgage that I did not have administrator status I then tried to uninstall a couple of other programs with the same result I then searched the internet to find an answer the most helpful of which appeared to be deleting hotkeys from the registry that were put there by safari Error Message: The system could not find the environment option that was entered When I tried to access thre Regedit program I got the message quot The system could not find the environment option that was entered quot I have since a system repair from the vista CD which only gave me the same error message It would appear if I try to open any program that requires an administrator status I cannot do so Please help

A:Error Message: The system could not find the environment option that was entered

Hi,

What happens if you try that registry fix from Safe Mode?

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/272036-error-message-system-could-not-find-environment-option-entered.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My computer is working a a pop up says critical error Ram memory critically high or cannot find hard disk space. I'm windows 7. Have tried to clean with registry mechanic, spyware doctor hitman pro. Nothing works

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369395/critical-error-ram-memory-usage-high;-cant-find-hard-disk/
Relevancy 70.09%

I hope I'm in the right forum, this could be a hardware issue. I have a brand new HP DV6000 laptop w/Vista installed. (I couldn't get it with XP) I purchased an identical hard drive & swapped them. When I try to install XP it gets to the point where it asks do you want to install? When I hit enter I get a screen telling me setup cannot continue because setup did not find any hard drives installed. I have another HP DV6000 with XP Pro so I tried that hard drive but as soon as it tries to boot it blue screens with a fatal system error & wants to reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I am receiving this message when turning on my laptop It just started appearing today I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E i - U -inch GB GB SSD AMD Radeon R M Full HD Windows Pro Business Laptop Computer I bought it new months ago but just started message "Windows error problem" detected disk hard a using it months ago It was very expensive so this error message I'm receiving is troubling I google'd and read people saying this is not an actual error message from Windows but its a virus I ran both Malwarebytes and ESET virus scan and both programs did not find anything I also tried running Malwarebytes in safe mode with networking I've also "Windows detected a hard disk problem" error message right clicked both C and Q hard drives clicked Properties gt Tools and checked for errors on both It did not find any errors I have backed up all my files onto an external hard drive So I really need help I don't know if the hard drive actually has a problem and needs replaced or if a virus malware is causing this popup Somebody please help me thank you EDIT I also just downloaded hdtune because I read about it on another site when I google'd this problem When I click the Health tab within the problem this is what shows And when I click the red part listed this is what shows I don't know if that helps or not I will now not attempt anything else until I receive some help here thank you

A:"Windows detected a hard disk problem" error message

The computer is under warranty...right?  So, that is where you need to go for help...the manufacturer Lenovo.
I think the Windows message is legit. Scam messages would ask you to contact the scammer by phone, etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600556/windows-detected-a-hard-disk-problem-error-message/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi Guys Firstly I SECTOR INVALID DISK HARD BOOT Message - help!! Error am apologising that this is so long but I was not sure what info you needed SORRY Can you tell I am new to this I purchased an EI system laptop from pc world a few years ago with a year warranty During the time i had it i had to have hard drives and cd dvd drives So when it started running really help!! Error Message - HARD DISK BOOT SECTOR INVALID slow even after I restored to factory settings I bought a new dell from pc world and let the warranty lapse on the other Then a friend of mine wanted to learn computing and I said she could do this on my old one I started up the machine and it worked ok but slow I had some pictures on there I didn't want to lose and wanted to put them on a disk but my disk drive was playing up again so another friend of mine told me to disable my internal cd drive and use my external drive I did this and when I switched the machine on it came up with the following message HARD DISK BOOT SECTOR INVALID - PRESS H TO RETRY HARD DISK ANY OTHER KEY FOR FLOPPY I knew something was wrong as it was ok before I disabled the CD drive or was that just a coincidence I decided the best thing to do was a full system recovery However when I did that it would only go so far and then come up with PROBLEM IN EXTRACTING PROCESS FILE WINDOWS ING MDMZYXEL ING I pressed and it would go a bit further and come up with another file that it could not extract Eventually it took me bask to the original error screen I tried again this time it didn't even enter the recovery mode it just came up with tstsetup sif is corrupt or missing status I tried again and it did the same but with different files this time The next time i tried it it went back to the recovery mode and did the same as before It seems to alternate between these two problems I presumed that the cd was corrupt and I was going to buy a new one but the only place i can find them from is telling me that it is an update a cd that they will supply and it can only be used with the system recovery CD that was supplied with the PC Obviously if mine is corrupt will this work Also I am confused as I have been told that my hard disk may have failed so there it is point in buying the cd's I don't understand how it would fail when I only disabled the drive My operating system is windows xp home edition Sorry again for the novel Joanne

A:help!! Error Message - HARD DISK BOOT SECTOR INVALID

Argh Now it is asking me for the Windows Professional CD Rom when I use Home Edition on this machine

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-error-message-hard-disk-boot-sector-invalid-457835.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Ok I built a PC a month ago and everything seemed find no problems of any sort The other night I defragmented my hard drive and shut it down and turned it on today to a memory test and the message quot Disk Boot Failure Boot on Insert system Error press first message Disk "Disk and enter" build Failure, Insert system Disk and press enter quot The computer has Error message "Disk Boot Failure, Insert system Disk and press enter" on first build access to the XP pro w sp disk only as a boot device but it will not recognize it now I have set Cd-rom as st for boot sequence then hard drive I have no floppy drive and the bios has been configured to know that I am not sure if this means anything but in the bios the IDE Channel Master says none and when I try to turn on auto detection it wont detect a hard drive The HDD is fully connected and has not been touched since I installed it a month ago I have this awful feeling that I fried the HDD when I defragmented it last night Any help would be very much appreciated But please be simple this is my first build and my knowledge at this sort of thing is very very sketchy at best nbsp

A:Error message "Disk Boot Failure, Insert system Disk and press enter" on first build

The first thing to do would be to get a new data cable for the herd drive and see if that fixes it, they are nice and cheap nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-on-first-build.94705/
Relevancy 69.23%

my desktop is Dell Dimension 8400. I replaced the SATA with a new one (seagate). The computer recognised the HD in both BIOS and chkdisk. I partitioned it to 2 NTFS parts, and set the primary active (used PQMAGIC, a very old version back to year 2000). Then I run boot from CDROM, and windows setup showed "SETUP DID NOT FIND ANY HARD DISK INSTALLED IN YOUR COMPUTER. ... SETUP CANNOT CONTINUE, PRESS F3 TO QUIT SETUP".

I don't know how many times I have got this message. Can anyone help me please. Thanks a lot.

A:windows setup cannot find installed HD

Have you tried copying the Sata disk drivers to a floppy/cd and pressing F6 just after the setup starts... remember that windows needs this extra drivers to "see" the disk.

I can't vouch for chkdsk, but the Bios would see the disk regardless if it could access it or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-setup-cannot-find-installed-hd.55709/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello Gurus!

I am loading Server 2003 on my server. I just bought Segate SCSI U320, its 73gig SCSI HD. I did Ctrl+A >>selected Disk Utility>>Selected my HD & formatted it. I went back into Array Configuaration Utilities & Initialized the disk & Rebooted. Once booted it finds the HD and then goes to the CD rom to load windows Server 2003. I hit F6 to load the drivers (not sure what SCSI drivers to load but I think SCSI 2960 drivers) The floppy was in and it took the drivers and then next thing you know it says:
Setup did not find the HD installed on your PC. I had to hit F3 to quite.

How can I resolve this issue. Am I downloading wrong SCSI Drivers? If yes what kind should I get and how do I know which one to get for that specific HD (ST373307lw)

A:Setup did not find SCSI HD Installed on your PC.

welcome to TSG, v1medep

this is the introductions forum....a place to introduce yourself, not your problem.

many forums have "stickies" posted at the top of them...it's a good idea to read them: they have a lot of valuable information

i'm moving this to a forum where you should get some help. feel free to return to the introductions forum if you'd like to start a thread and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-did-not-find-scsi-hd-installed-on-your-pc.722573/
Relevancy 68.8%

i tried to install office 2000 on my computer which runs with windows95, and i think i inadvertantly erased something important when i was trying to make room. now whenever i turn my computer on, i get this message: "invalid system disk. replace disk and press any key to continue" or something along that line. it won't go any farther than that. the problem is that i don't have the disk i installed windows95 with. what can i do.

Relevancy 68.8%
A:Error message: 4th master hard disk: S.M.A.R.T. status bad, backup and replace:

I advise you to get any important data off of the drive, before it fails, then replace it.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-4th-master-hard-disk-s-m-a-r-t-status-bad-backup-and-replace.91841/
Relevancy 68.8%

I just built a new system anI moved over my slave and master hard drive and my old cd-rom when Blue with trying system hard error drives old boot a screen new to drive from my previous system new one I wanted to wait to install I went into Blue screen error when trying to boot a new system with old hard drives set up to make sure everything was ok and it all looks good Master and Slave hard drives are detected and correct all the RAM is detected and everything looks good When it goes to boot I get the following error message quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM You can attempt to repair by starting windows setup using the original setup cd-rom Select r at the first setup screen to start repair quot So I load the setup cd-rom and set to boot from disk and get the blue Windows Setup screen and down below it appears to be working and down at the bottom is says quot quot Setup is loading files quot and flashes through all the files it s loading BTW at no point am I given the option to select r and pressing the r button at any point or throught the process does nothing Then it says quot Setup is starting windows quot The screen goes black and I get a blue quot stop quot screen quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the stop message Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to Technical information STOP X E XC X E A XF D E XF D E no idea what this is I do Master is gigs with plenty of space and Slave is gigs I ve tried to have both as slave or master to no avail One is not so I skip this Can t find these anywhere in BIOS How to disable hardware in sm I can t think of any hardware I d need to disable ANY help is appreciated Rig AMD Athlon Asus A N-SLI Deluxe XFX GeForce GT Maxtor Diamond gig HD Master Fujitsu gig HD slave gig Corsair Ram Cooler Master Aquagate Liquid Cooling system Seasonic S W PSU Cooler Master Cavalier case I had the hard drives with windows installed and the CD-Rom drive on my old rig Everything else is new Thanks again postscript I ve swapped out RAM and changed and re-changed the hard drive system to no avail nbsp

A:Blue screen error when trying to boot a new system with old hard drives

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-error-when-trying-to-boot-a-new-system-with-old-hard-drives.399386/
Relevancy 67.94%

I was using my computer and it rebooted (I didn't reboot it) and when it came back on, I got this message:

"Invalid system disk, replace the disk and then press any key."

I have a lot of data on the disk and do not want to lose it. It is a SATA hard drive 500 GB and I am using Windows 7 Ultimate as my operating system. One other thing, prior to my system crashing, Windows 7 had been doing an update in the background as I was working on a Word file and printing on some DVD's with my printer.

any help or advice would be appreciated.

A:Invalid system disk error message using Windows 7 Ultimate

Make sure you don't have any external drives plugged in and make sure you're booting from the correct drive if there's more than one installed.

Put the drive into another machine and do a backup of your files. You should have everything backed up on a regular basis, when things like this happen you'll wish you had one.

After you're all backed up, try running check disk on the drive using the Windows recovery console.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invalid-system-disk-error-message-using-windows-7-ultimate.150049/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone.

Recently, I've had problems with my computer running Windows 7 64-bit SP1. It took a long time to get from Starting Windows to my desktop. And it was extremely slow when using the computer. It took forever to open a folder or a file. This morning, I switched on my computer and I got this error message at boot:

3rd Master Hard Disk:S.M.A.R.T. Status BAD, Backup and Replace

I'm guessing my hard drive is damaged? Any way of repairing the hard drive? What are the next steps I should take? And in the event that it can't be repaired, any way to salvage the files inside?

Thank you for reading and hope you can help!

A:Error message at boot : Hard Disk:SMART Status Bad, Backup and replace

Back up the drive and replace it. It may run long enough for you to get your data off of it. I would recommend that you put a fresh install of Windows on your new drive. Yours is probably corrupt from the bad drive. I would just back up important data anyway, never mind the programs. You'll need to reinstall them anyway.

There's no real way to fix the drive, and even if you could, it would be uneconomical. Throw it away.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397310-error-message-boot-hard-disk-smart-status-bad-backup-replace.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I am working on a PC with a MS- ATX VA mainboard Pentium CPU one stick of ram it has one completely cleaned drive a video card and a DVD drive I have taken all other cards out I am using a Genuine XP disk with SP on it A Windows version Find Cannot Installed, Setup of Previous When I press F to agree to the license terms I get this message lt Setup Setup Cannot Find A Previous version of Windows Installed, cannot find a previous version of Windows installed on your computer To continue Setup needs to verify that you qualify to use this upgrade product gt I have had the disk verified as a genuine version of XP by a local tech shop who told me that there is something on the Hard Drive that the install objects to I forgot to tell him I have tryed this on two different hard drives that have been completely zapped and wiped and get the same result with both I would be grateful if anybody could help me with this problem Thanks nbsp