Windows Support Forum

plz HELP pc wont boot correctly

Q: plz HELP pc wont boot correctly

im not sure where to put this but im in kind of a crisis right now.

When I boot my computer, the monitor just stays black, then the pc beeps once and a wierd voice says something through the speakers which i cant understand for the likes of me (its too fast and static-y).

BUT

im able to HEAR everything being booted up perfectly. I can hear the XP welcome music and hear the beginning services being started up. When i press the button to turn it off (since its still all black) i hear the shut down music.

WHAT HAPPENED!! please help. i need my comp more than ever right now.

is there any way i can reset all the mobo settings on the mobo itself? help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: plz HELP pc wont boot correctly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: plz HELP pc wont boot correctly

Unplug the system and wait a few hours (30 mins)... While you wait check the monitor connections to see if any pins are bent. See if the power you connect to is faulty. Check all connects and don't do it in dim room.

If everything checks out okay try to turn it back on again. If you can reset the Monitor back to factory.

When you boot-up the system right after press F8 a few times then put the system in SAFE MODE. See if you can get into that and something should show up.

What were you doing prior when this was happening?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plz-help-pc-wont-boot-correctly.83280/
Relevancy 66.22%

hi

my pc wont boot up correctly or shut down,i turn it on and all i get is a black screen ,i retry 3 or 4 times and still the same so i turn of all the power and leave it for a while and go turn it back on and it starts ok but a little slow and the same for when i shut it down it gets so far then frezzes so i have to just log of by turning off at mains does any 1 no why this is ??????????? i just took the cover off and used an anti stactic duster inside ,,, there was a lot of dust its all clean now and now rebooted 3 times now with no prob but not sure if its gonna stay like that please can som1 help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pc-wont-boot-up-correctly-or-shut-down-457467.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Mod Edit Moved from Am I Infected to Malware Removal Logs - Hamluis Hi Can somebody please help The other day on my PC I clicked to close a popup saying I needed to update my flash player It wasn't Adobe but looked very similar so I clicked the 'X' to close it A windows then popped up and vanished Almost instantly after I got a warning saying that Windows Defender had been turned off When I clicked the shield to look at it My pc hung and crashed I rebooted it and ran Malware Bytes to remove anything that might have infected my PC and it found file I ran Avast Antivirus to which found nothing I rebooted the PC again but as it loaded the initial welcoming screen appeared then the mouse cursor but then the screen went black I could still move the mouse cursor but do nothing else I reset the Pc and entered Safe mode with Networking to try and find a solution Wen I opened up Google Chrome a warning came up that said Infection with Sirefef Gen C and suggested to run Microsoft Security Essentials So I downloaded it to find I couldn't install it in safe mode I can't run my PC in normal mode and don't know how to get it to any form of stability I've since rebooted a couple times and now my PC doesn't even run in correctly boot PC help my and Please wont now trojan Sirefef safe mode it loads up and stays on a black Please help Sirefef trojan and now my PC wont boot correctly screen with a working mouse pointer My PC is i CPU GB Ram bit W OS Ultimate I do have an old bit version of windows on another hard drive so I booted that but can't get any internet access to update MSE and Please help Sirefef trojan and now my PC wont boot correctly also can't carry out any boot scan on the other drive that the bit OS is on Hopefully somebody can help me out of this mess Your expertise is greatly appreciated Moderator Edit Moved topic from Windows to the appropriate forum Queen-Evie

A:Please help Sirefef trojan and now my PC wont boot correctly

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00833257

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494856/please-help-sirefef-trojan-and-now-my-pc-wont-boot-correctly/
Relevancy 64.5%

I first noticed a problem when a command prompt window popped up during startup exe After some searching I discovered it was a trojan located on c root directory I decided to try and scan to remove it I used Adaware and AVG free and didnt get it only found a few low risk tracking cookies I then tried SpyBot but during the update process it decided it needed to install the new version so it went ahead and did this then informed me i needed to reboot I selected not to right away I scanned with System Mechanic to remove junk and obsolete files and got rid of them all I then did a registry scan and deleted everything system mechanic found I then deleted the installation exes and shortcuts that had been added to my desktop by Adaware and Spybot I also have zone alarm running all the time When i came to restart my pc it passes pass run correctly or in safe mode. PC screen wont boot the windows XP main screen but then freezes on the PC wont pass boot screen or correctly run in safe mode. Acer brand screen It also will not boot into safe mode I just get the normal safe mode screen but with the operating system details printed across the top and no start menu input options etc Ive removed and reseated the RAM and the battery Im really stuck as to what to try next Its an Acer Aspire laptop about years old Ive done something to kill it but nothing massively different to what i have done in the past Im fairly good with these things but im feeling a little lost for ideas Hope someone can help Andrew nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Windows Vista Home Basic, It was taken apart by my son who is obsessed about computers, And he did not take it apart to be fully ruined, all he did is take out 1 thing of memory out of 4 there is, and the hard drive he broke the data slot, and I am using a different vista hard drive to boot it up. And it only show the black screen with the dell startup and show bios under it in a sentence, and it says F2 for boot set up, and F12 for something else, I forget. And the thing wont let me hook up a keyboard, it will only give it power for 10th of a second. if you can help, please help.

A:My Windows Vista Home Basic computer wont boot up correctly.

Hi JOSEPHLAPINSKI,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please run the on-board diagnostics <F12> and capture any error code or message you receive.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19759156
Relevancy 62.78%

Ok, I hope someone can help. A friend gave me a Dell E520 w/XP that was in a fire. There was no visible damage except for a bunch of ash inside the computer which I cleaned out with some air duster. When i first tried turning it on I recieved the message Floppy Diskette Seek failure....press F1 to continue or F2 for setup. Pressing F1 gave me the same message. So i changed the boot seq. and Disabled the floppy controller. Now when it trys to boot i get No Boot Device Available. Ive made sure all the cables are secure. Everything is connected. So now Im out of ideas, Im stuck and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

A:Dell E520 in fire...no visible damage...still turns on...wont boot correctly...

Depending on how hot it got or if electricity was involved in the fire it could be a bad hard drive or a bad motherboard, do you have any drives to try in it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-e520-in-fire-no-visible-damage-still-turns-on-wont-boot-correctly-349357.html
Relevancy 58.48%

get this message: updates not configured correctly, reverting changes.

stuck in a loop, keeps trying to start but wont. safe mode didnt load/work, neither did last known configuration.

any ideas how to get this to boot/work again?

update: trying repair from the install dvd. see if that works.

A:wont boot after installing updates. updates not configured correctly reverting change

Startup repair from the dvd did not work.

I did use this registry defrag program. wonder if that did something to the registry?

Free Registry Defrag

I generally avoid registry cleaning programs because I don't trust them. thought id try it once to see what happened. not sure if this caused the startup issue or something with the windows updates I installed caused it. I did do several restore points. would that help me fix the issue?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/301698-wont-boot-after-installing-updates-updates-not-configured-correctly-reverting-change.html
Relevancy 55.04%

The other day I safe in boot boot, centre wont wont load mode, wont repair Computer updated my laptop which is a Dell Inspiron R running Windows home premium when I updated the computer booted ok took longer than usual I restarted the laptop but this time it wouldn't boot up it came up with a black screen saying repair windows recommended or start windows normally I clicked repair windows it said searching for problems attempting repairs this took about an hour and a half but unfortunately did not resolve the issue I sent the error report to windows I restarted the laptop again attempted booting it in safe mode no luck and Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre the same other various options I can try but no luck they all just crashed the laptop and began restarting it tried repairing it again and this time it took my to a screen with various options like load backup open cmd and format my hard drive loading the backup did nothing and wasn't sure what to do with cmd so decided to part ways with my stuff and format the hard drive Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre I Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre did this and the laptop was formatted but the OS was still on the hard drive and it was like the first time I opened it all of my personal things were gone but win home premium was still there I set it back up again installed AVG anti virus etc downloaded a few movies ran fine the next day it said windows updates need installing so I did updates were made turned my laptop back on and again it was booting up and crashing followed the steps I mentioned before noting was working after messing around with it for an hour or so I finally got safe mode whilst in there I did an AVG scan alot of files seemed to be locked and AVG wasn't scanning them wasn't sure why AVG wouldn't scan them tried to undo my last update but when I followed win 's steps it would't allow me to turn on the windows centre thing it told me to turn on I wasn't sure what to do i thought maybe its a virus or maybe because I'm in safe mode anyway restarted it and continued crashing went to the repair centre and it searched for errors again found none so I formatted it like last time using the dell data recovery unit think that's the name of it formatted it again went through the processes when i did this last time the pc was ok and started normally like it was brand new booted it up but this time it kept crashing again and again safe mode wont open the repair centre just gets stuck on a blue screen every time I'm really stuck on what to do if anyone can help that would be great I've tried on other forums but got no help sadly and unfortunately don't have the Windows installation disk I would happily totally format the hard drive totally as I have other OS on other disks just not the windows one Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre

Hello there,

It seems like you did not perform a clean installation of Windows and that's why your system is acting up. 

Follow the steps below to install a new copy of Windows:

1. To format your hard disk during Windows 7 installation you will need to start or boot your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive. Insert your Windows 7 disc in your CD/DVD drive. Please note: will need to restart or turn on your system with the disc in the drive. 
2. After turning on your system with the CD in the drive go ahead and press any key when prompted during your computer post routine and then follow the instructions presented on screen. If you don’t see this go back to step 1 to setup your BIOS to boot from CD or USB flash drive depending on your installation media.
3. On the Install Windows page simply enter your preferences and click next.

4. Accept the Windows license agreement.

5. On the “Which type of installation do you want” page go ahead and choose the “Custom” option.

6. Select Drive options (advanced) on the “Where do you want to install Windows” page.

7.  Select the partition that you want to change, choose the formatting option you want to perform and then follow the instructions.
When allocating space choosing the default MB size for your drive is typically the best for most users since you want to take full advantage of all your disk space.

8. Click “Next” for the installation to proceed.

Hope this helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551378/computer-wont-boot-wont-boot-in-safe-mode-wont-load-repair-centre/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am using an acer laptop and for a few weeks have removed countless of viruses off if it. Today when i went to power it on it said No bootable device. i always keep the computer on sleep by shutting the lid so starting it up was weird. Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-start-correctly.1166746/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have been having a problem that I have been trying to troubleshoot for a while but its now getting worse. Some websites i go to are not loading properly. Either they look right but none of the hyperlinks work, or they load in text only format along the left side of the screen. Also it is effecting game servers and chat systems ie ventrillo and skype.

Thank you for helping! If there is any other information I can give you, let me know

A:Websites wont load correctly WIN 7

Have you tried different browsers? Does it occur on all of them?What browser(s) are you using? Name and version.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549405/websites-wont-load-correctly-win-7/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

this is what my Twitter page looks like: http://i48.tinypic.com/2uz40ma.jpg

What is going on?

this occurs in safar as well, but not on my other mac which is on the name wifi.

What is it? My connection? I've tried turning off my modem, but the problem remained. I've also tested my connection on my laptop and didn't have any problems. I've restarted my computer, deleted cookies from my browser, tested another browser (safari). Nothing. They both still look like that.

(Another strange thing I've noticed: on Gmail, some of the image icons aren't loading.)

Any ideas?
Here's another weird thing I noticed: When I search for something on Google Images, only the first few images load: http://i50.tinypic.com/34q1pcl.jpg

thank you so much for your help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/twitter-wont-load-correctly.1067973/
Relevancy 50.31%

I cannot get Adobie Flash to function correctly. Additionally about 50% of the pictures I see on sites have a red X or the square / triangle / circle logo on them. I have repeatedly installed the Flash Active X from Adobe?s site. The flash animation comes up and shows that I have successfully installed flash, yet I am still getting red X's and many flash animations don?t work.

I have XP Home SP3.

A:Flash wont work correctly.

G'Day audiobahn, Welcome to TSF!

Please try this workaround...

Go Start > Run > type in the box C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

Now copy the Flash9e.ocx file and then pasted it back in the same directory.

You will have created Copy of Flash9e.ocx; rename it to Flashe.ocx.

This effectively will give you two files; Flashe.ocx and Flash9e.ocx, both the same file; although with a different name, in the same directory.

This generally stops the issue you have described.

Post back with the outcome.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/flash-wont-work-correctly-275475.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok so I just finished buying a Thermaltake Armour Case and a Striker Extreme mother Board With two 8800 GTX BFGs and I can't get the Mother board to mount. It just dosen't line up with the slots in the rear of the case. Has anyone else gotten this Case/Motherboard Combo to work. IF so How? Were did you mount it?

Relevancy 50.31%

I cannot get Adobe Flash to function correctly. Additionally about 50% of the pictures I see on sites have a red X or the square / triangle / circle logo on them. I have repeatedly installed the Flash Active X from Adobe?s site. The flash animation comes up and shows that I have successfully installed flash, yet I am still getting red X's and many flash animations don?t work.

I have XP Home SP3.

A:Flash Wont Work Correctly.

Uninstall using the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller here, and then reinstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160768/flash-wont-work-correctly/
Relevancy 50.31%

HiTechspot

I have had my custom built pc for nearly a year now, as of yesterday it has decided to not start up correctly after installing windows vista updates.

system--

intel core 2 duo e8400
asus p5qpro motherboard
ocz reaper 8500mhz i think 2gb each
seagate barracuda 500gb sata drive
windows vista 64 bit

Bassically what happened was i installed the updates for the computer restarted ut and updates where completecontinued playing online and then switched off. I have tried to switch the computer on now but no luck i get this stupid message saying

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key.

Like i said everything was working fine and has been since building the computer almost a year ago.

Help would be very much appreciated and sorry if the post is in the wrong place.

Thanks Baltan

A:Updated now wont start correctly

A quick update it seems that the computer is not recognising my hard drive anymore.

what is going on please help thanks..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updated-now-wont-start-correctly.136318/
Relevancy 50.31%

It startet a while ago My computer startet to become slow and started to freeze alot and from time to time i got bluescreen Yesterday my computer freezed so I had to computer correctly... My start wont turn it off when i tried My computer wont start correctly... turning it on the windows loading screen came up My computer wont start correctly... but nothing more happened I tried to start it again and this time the start up repair thing came up and started to find the problem It was running for an hour and didnt find the problem So it restarted and the same thing happened - again I restarted it and I let the windows screen load for a really long time and it worked but my computer used TWO hours to start up I thought it got fixed but then I had a bluescreen after i tried to used it Now Ive tried about times to start it up it not that slow in the start up but trying to run a program makes it really slow and always end up by giving me a bluescreen My bluescreen says something about driver irql not less or equal What is wrong Is there a way I can fix this Sorry for my bad english Im norwegian so nbsp

A:My computer wont start correctly...

Ive tried to restart the computer because it freezed.. and it takes about 15 min or more to start up the computer.. and thats only from i turn it on until i write my password..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-start-correctly.1041737/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have recently purchased a Samsung L313 camera and when I play a video I have taken with this camera, it plays ok on the camera, but when transferred to the computer I only get sound.
My computer plays AVI files from my previous Samsung Digimax A6 camera ok. I changed the new video size and frame rate to the same, but still no joy
my operating system is Vista Home Premium
Thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

So my co worker asked me to look at her laptop its a toshiba tecra m The boot keeps hanging up on the system file agp sys I went on the internet and the :/ wont agp440.sys complete on off hangs Windows wont disk boot boot and up found a windows xp pro disk to try and replace the system file using recovery After a learning how to add SATA drivers Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/ to the windows xp boot I was able to detect the hard drive and just before windows setup screen comes up the computer blue screens with a x B stop error I read that the battery could cause this so i carefully took apart the computer and replaced it with no change I put a windows disk in to see if i could use Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/ the recovery console in it and suprisingly it booted no problem i was able to use command prompt but with no idea what the problem is i have no idea what to do with it If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated Thanks for reading the problem hope someone has an idea any more info needed Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/ just ask thanks

A:Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/

Info on 7B STOP errors...http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm, scroll down to 7B in left column.

IMO, you have compounded the situation by using a "downloaded" version of Windows, since I suspect that such may contain embedded malware as part of the package.

Any number of things may have caused the initial hang, as you can see by reading the data at the Aumha website.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299638/windows-wont-boot-hangs-up-on-agp440sys-and-wont-complete-boot-off-the-disk/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,

My PC was working correctly this morning and then when I came home from work and turned it on the machine doesnt load past the bios splash screen. Sometimes the one screen pops on after that says some info with the drives, ram etc but it turns black quickly with a little white line that flashes on or off in the top left like a command prompt but I cant type in anything. CTRL ALT DELETE does nothing (makes it go completely black). If I go into bios it sees all my drives correctly and the priority 1 is set to my SDD which has windows 7 on it. Theres no disc in the cd drive or usb sticks, etc. I even unplugged the cd disk drive and main HDD so theres only 1 boot possibility and I get the same result...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/401576-cant-boot-past-bios-sees-boot-drive-prio-correctly.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey all,

My dad recently asked me to snatch some videos off of You Tube. They're tributes to fallen firefighters that he was trying to get to take and show around work meetings and what not. I managed to download them with a firefox plug-in (DownloadHelper I believe its called), then I used the Pazera converter to convert them from .flv to .avi as I thought .avi would work in pretty much any media player.

I e-mailed him the videos and he tells me the audio works fine on Windows Media Player, but the associated videos aren't playing (it's instead showing the default kaleidescope swirls). Any idea what went wrong or how I can do this differently so that he can play them on a regular Windows machine at home or work without him having to download anything extra?

Thanks so much for your time.

A:Downloaded .avi files wont play correctly

You are missing a codec that is needed to play the video properly. It should allow you to choose which codec to use.

Quote:

Supported video codecs: XviD, DivX 3, H.264, WMV, MPEG4-FFmpeg, S-Mpeg 4 v. 2, Motion JPEG (MJPEG).

My guess is that to play that video you will either need DivX or XviD...alternatively you could convert them again and put them in WMV format and it would probably work automatically.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloaded-avi-files-wont-play-correctly-220974.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have been using this forum to correct a laptop that i have I have re-installed xp home and wont after correctly it problems. start Laptop using with no then installed all the updates The laptop has been working fine with no problems Laptop wont start correctly after using it with no problems. for at least say weeks now This morning when i switch it on i am Laptop wont start correctly after using it with no problems. told windows did not start correctly The only way to start the laptop is by using safe mode I tried the other options but did not start just go round in circles I thought that i would repair windows but once it started to read the disc i am told to select windows which is shown as C Windows so i select this but then asked for the Administrator password I am now stuck Please can you advise how i can find out this password or should i just re-install windows again For the amount of items on the laptop its not to much of a bother for me to do this BUT where does this password come from as i do not remember asking for it when i installed windows month ago thus re-installing it again is going to create the same question in later months of which a password was not inserted or am i incorrect nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Ok so I wanted to install windows xp and did so over my vista. But then when i realized that half the drivers dont work for XP i decided to revert back to Vista until the drivers become available....however when i tried reinstalling the reinstallation endded with a black screen with my mouse in the middle....i held the power button in until it turned off and now every time i start the computer it goes to the safe mode screen where you can choose to start in safe mode or use a previously working configuration and then when i click the previously working setup option it brings me to that screen where it shows the little scrolling bar thing on the bottom of the screen like it usually does before booting windows but it stalls on this screen....somebody please help

A:Windows Vista Wont Reinstall Correctly

See the section titled "Using Dell PC Restore by Symantec" at the bottom of page 131 of the "Dell Inspiron 1720 Owner?s Manual":http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...df/DT549A00.pdfor, if you don't have a PDF reader:http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...20/en/index.htmFrom what I read there, it will return your computer to the state at which it left the factory. There are also other sections in that area of the manual that describe other methods of restoring your system.The section "Restoring Your Operating System" begins on page 130 and describes 3 options to accomplish this. The one I mentioned above is the second of those three options. From the contents of your other thread here (Why did you start a new thread?), I think that might be the best place to start.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101697/windows-vista-wont-reinstall-correctly/
Relevancy 49.88%

trying to install drivers for via audio chip VT2021.

tried drivers from their website and from the motherboards gigabyte site.

windows 10 install standard drivers with no controls.

so Im trying to install the drivers from via and gigabyte and for some reason the installer is trying to install 32bit instead of 64bit. so the vdeck software wont run stating I need the 64bit version...

the installer is 64bit and 32bit.

I had these drivers install before, but did a clean install and now its not working.

I have audio with the ones windows update installed, I just dont have the audio control software, as it wont install the right version.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/62211-via-audio-driver-wont-install-correctly.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Packard Bell with a Pentium 2 233 mhz processor. I purchased a Diamond Viper V550 AGP card last year and when I formatted my hard drive recently it would not install correctly. I set the display adapter to standard PCI display adapter (vga) as I did the first time I installed it but the Plug and Play did not locate it upon reboot. I then insatlled the drivers manually and rebooted. Upon loading windows stopped at the "windows is now starting" prompt and froze. After several attempts, through safe mode and various drivers from both Diamond multimedia and Riva I am now booted through with the card installed as a Viper V550 but it is on windows ASD list because it cause windows to stop loading. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:My video card wont install correctly

There's only a couple of things I can suggest. One would be: Have you tried to download the bios flash for your card?
Two would be: In the computer bios is there an option like "assign irq to agp"? and "initialize agp first"? You want to be sure to let the bios assign an irq to the agp and make sure it tries to init the agp first instead of pci. Hope this helps you out some.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-video-card-wont-install-correctly.33347/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I ahve recently downloaded IE only to find that it didn't want to work correctly as i keot getting a bar pop up asaying all blunder correctly IE8 restore parts XP after wont that it wasn't running properly with the add ons So XP wont restore all parts correctly after IE8 blunder i decided in my wisdom to re install IE and this is where things went wrong It downloaded and said it had done its job but when i went onto the internet the page would not load It kept attempting to but would never make it The status bar would go to the end then the page would try to re load After a short whjile i managed to get the page up only for the error box to apppear and internet had to close This went on for ever so i tried to system restore to an earlier point which fails to rectify my problem It restores but will not put the internet right That matter is still unfixed I have cable broadband and have a wirelss router feeding my laptop and that part is still working and the computer says that the internet is working fine but as i said i cannot get it top open a page HELP PLEASE

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-restore-all-parts-correctly-after-ie8-blunder-291586.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Particularly the site that hosts my webpage (website animal). I can not view my website or theirs. Also in many searches I get just blue links on the left side instead of the normal layout. This all started when I logged into my myspace after a long time. I ran a scan and quarantined a "Trogan".

A:Internet wont pull up some sites correctly

Hi -

I suggest that you have your system reviewed by a Security Analyst.

Please follow these steps - NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-wont-pull-up-some-sites-correctly-574261.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The files am having issues with trojan or virus are the following CC tmp thru CC tmp CCA tmp thru CCF tmp c windows temp JET C tmp C windows temp Perflib perdata dat please the here norton Hijackthis correctly is - remove wont log help I have tried deleting all the norton wont remove correctly - here is the Hijackthis log please help files and they just seem to return also ran updated norton and was unable to remove the that way either Below is the full HiJackThis log from this morning Any help will be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc norton wont remove correctly - here is the Hijackthis log please help exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS norton wont remove correctly - here is the Hijackthis log please help system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Bluetooth Monitor BtMon exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Protector Suite QL psqltray exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM... Read more

A:norton wont remove correctly - here is the Hijackthis log please help

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Sorry for the delayed response. If you have not received help elsewhere and still need help please follow the instructions in IMPORTANT - Read This Before Posting A Log and post the two text files, main.txt and extra.txt produced by the Deckard's System Scanner, as it has been a while since you posted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/norton-wont-remove-correctly-here-is-the-hijackthis-log-please-help-250053.html
Relevancy 49.45%

ok i have windows home premium gb ram comletely updated i am using windows media player to burn music to a cd-r disk which i have always done in the past only difference is now im using a x instead of Solved: music wont to correctly disk burn a x i dont know if this is the problem or not all the songs im burning are in mp format when i burn all the songs to a x cd-r the first or so songs play fine when i play then in my truck in my cd player after that it takes multiple passes of the cd player to find each individual song after that it makes a skipping sound Solved: music wont burn to disk correctly as though its searching for it or it cant find it or read the disk at times it will even eject the cd and say there was an error reading the disk i tried different setting through windows media player including dropping it down to a x slowing it down using wav format etc still nothing when using the x cd-r it will play almost every song in my truck without hesitation except for the last one or songs the Solved: music wont burn to disk correctly songs all play fine through my media player Solved: music wont burn to disk correctly after they are burned however once i put the cd-r in my drive i go to C and look at my drive where the cd-r is located its showing that there is nothing on it that there is used on disk if i double click the drive it gives me this error this file does not have an program associated with it for performing this action please install a program or if one is allready installed create an association in the default programs in control panel basically i cant open the file by double clicking on the drive but if i right click my drive and click quot open quot it opens lol so confusing never had that problem will even open in any player i want funny thing is it show nothing on disk when i look at my drive all i really care about is why i cant burn these correctly to cd and that it only burns thah first and and the player has a hard time burning the rest nbsp

A:Solved: music wont burn to disk correctly

Audio disks often appear empty to Windows. They have been converted to a different format.

Try the disks in other players, try a different brand, or try burning at a slower speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-music-wont-burn-to-disk-correctly.1005366/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone well first my problems begun awhile back but they ve worsened most and slow correctly. install going wont Computer updates recently My computer constantly installs updates but none of them are ever installed correctly Every Computer going slow and updates wont install correctly. other time I restart my computer I have to wait a good minutes waiting for the quot installed updates quot to be installed its always updates and they never install It s frustrating ugh I ve been meaning to do something about it but I don t know anything about computers and found this forum luckily Also my computer has been getting a lot of popups It s making my computer lag horribly and I just want it to be smooth running again Please help I guess I should be posting the HJT text too lol Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe c Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system mspaint exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot c Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run DPService quot C Program Files HP DVDPlay DPService exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Windows Mobile-based device management windir WindowsMobile wmdSync exe O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft A... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-going-slow-and-updates-wont-install-correctly.824589/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have uninstalled and reinstalled (admin) the latest driver several times. I dont have any USB 3 devices yet and have nothing plugged into a USB 3. I am starting to think my last option is to disable all USB 3 on my computer but when I get a USB 3 I will be screwed. Any Thoughts?

A:BSOD from USB 3- Driver wont install correctly/device cannot start

Hi
You have only 2 minidums and they are also bit old.
So,i'll reply according these minidumps.
Update software\driver for NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (previous issues w/BSOD's)

http://www.renesas.com/support/index.jsp
Remove symantec\norton from your system (for testing purposes).
Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials with windows firewall enable.

Finish with this steps and post back with results\news.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219514-bsod-usb-3-driver-wont-install-correctly-device-cannot-start.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer has managed to recover from the blue screen of death times in days i ran malewarebytes and norton finding little to nothing i have run everything and gone threw your instructions to the T can you please help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Spencer at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Security Suite Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe slow, run of screen correctly extreamly death, Blue wont C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe c CAMWorksFlexLM lmgrd exe c CAMWorksFlexLM lmgrd exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Blue screen of death, extreamly slow, wont run correctly Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Kodak printer center KodakSvc Blue screen of death, extreamly slow, wont run correctly exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X EKIJ MUI exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe c CAMWorksFlexLM teksoft exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp search conduit com SearchSource amp ctid CT uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton security suite engine ips IPSBHO DLL BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dll TB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun RDReminder c program files regclean pro RegCleanPro exe -rem mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun EKIJ StatusMonitor c windows system spool drivers w x EKIJ MUI exe mRun AppleSyncNotifier c program files common files apple mobile device support AppleSyncNotifier exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot ... Read more

A:Blue screen of death, extreamly slow, wont run correctly

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423240/blue-screen-of-death-extreamly-slow-wont-run-correctly/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have windows 7. There are two accounts on my computer and i am allowed to use one. They are both admin accounts and i am under parental controls from the other admin account. I only have time constraints. I am allowed to use all programs but when i click on certain programs i need the other admin accounts password to use them. I need help fixing this issue. Thank you for the help!

Relevancy 48.59%

am running office 95 pro on a machine with windows xp.
while trying to create forms for a wizard data base useing the form wizard i get the error message "the instruction at "0x5009e038" refrenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "read". "
Anybody have any idea whats going on or how to fix it. I have no clue. I even tried reinstal of office and ran scan disk. Also the form will create once but will not save the second form always gives the error.
office keeps telling me it is configureing, live pix wont run it gives a similar error to the obove one. I'm about ready to reformat the hd and just start over. also i intend to upgrade my office pro but haven't had the cash as trying to start business and is expensive.

kass

A:office keeps trying to configure and access wont work correctly other issue too

I suspect that Office 95 probably has compatibility issues with XP. How about changing to Open Office? It's a free office suite that will surely have more capability than Office 95, and it's also format compatible with newer Microsoft Office products for file exchange.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-keeps-trying-to-configure-and-access-wont-work-correctly-other-issue-too.327611/
Relevancy 48.59%

Compaq Presario v vista Home Premium looking at my update history updates were always successful until when a kb update Updates not Vista 60 correctly wont configuring and install errors - failed F from there occasionally an update will work but most wont there are hundreds and hundreds of failed ones listed currently we have important and optional update that havent installed one time i tried downloading them and it failed then the next time id downloaded installed rebooted then said they didnt configure correctly and reverted I see no obvious trend in which ones work and which dont and listing them could take forever i could post screenshots of the list if that would help I can see that windows defender updates work security updates for vista or net 60 Vista Updates wont install - errors and not configuring correctly framework dont tend to rarely they will i went through a bunch of the most recent errors here they are each came up on multiple updates A F F - service pack gives this i tried quot microsoft fix it quot not the quot aggressive quot one though i tried the repair bet thing on the microsoft site other than that i have tried turning off my firewall we had a google redirect virus not long ago that we ran about a gazillion fixes and antivirus things for so im thinking its not a virus problem although i cant rule out that one changed something in any ideas thanks in advance

A:60 Vista Updates wont install - errors and not configuring correctly

Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2.Well maybe not directly related but I checked my update history log the other day and there were 22 updates that failed. If you right-click on each failed update you can copy info and paste it into NotePad so you can read the info and paste the update link into your browser. e.g.Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2507618)Installation date: ‎14/‎04/‎2011 17:23Installation status: FailedError details: Code 8024200DUpdate type: ImportantA security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.More information: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=212224I downloaded all the 22 failed updates and tried to install them but they all came back with 'Update does not apply to your system'

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392540/60-vista-updates-wont-install-errors-and-not-configuring-correctly/
Relevancy 48.16%

Belkin USB Wireless Connector - Installed correctly (apparently) but still wont work?

I recently had to reformat my computer, and I got the drivers and everything working again.

But now when I install it says it install correctly and the program files are there, but then. When I go to run the main Belkin program it get a Broadcom.dll error.

It did work before I had to re-install Vista.

And I've tried everything, including getting new drivers from Belkins website, and I ran them, but again no luck.

Any help would be good

Kind regards,
Simon / Sekonda

A:Belkin USB Wireless Connector - Installed correctly (apparently) but still wont work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-usb-wireless-connector-installed-correctly-apparently-but-still-wont-work.747820/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to update my friend's display driver. First I downloaded the new driver, uninstalled his old driver, and installed the new one. I rebooted the computer and checked to a site called DriverAgent.com that scans your computer and tells you what drivers are out of date and scanned his computer. It said that the driver was still outdated, and his games still crash or freeze up. I tried doing the same thing agian but it did the same thing. I also tried downloading the driver from a different computer and installing it on his, but it just wont install correctly. Does this sound like a hard drive problem at all? He is running Vista and is using a Nvidia GeForce 7800GT. Any help would be great!

A:Display driver wont install correctly! Hard drive problem?

Closing duplicate thread, please continue with your previous thread here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/688997-help-display-driver.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-wont-install-correctly-hard-drive-problem.689218/
Relevancy 48.16%

This happen after when i ignored a AVG update as im working in middle of spreadsheet which need to be done in this week and when i tried to copy and paste and the laptop were freeze and wont let me able do anything so i press "off" button to shut thing quick rather as i set my off button to hibernation mode.

When i turn on, The acer logo show then blank page. Tried pressig F8 to go Last Known Good Config and still the blank page. Also with Safe Mode. Blank page!!!

I perfer if you can change your method if i need to insert CD as it's netbook and it dont have CD drive and also i have blank USB ready to add for booting.

Thanks for any help in advance

Relevancy 46.87%

I am running Windows XP Professional, and after installing new RAM recently I encountered a problem. I found out it was because I had the wrong memory module for my motherboard. Now I have the correct memory module installed, but XP won't boot. I get through the BIOS screen, and then I get a screen that asks if I want to load the OS in Safe Mode, Last Known Good Settings, or Load Windows Normally. None of the options work - any one I choose gives me a blank screen with a white bar on the bottom, or sometimes just a blank screen. I disconnected all peripherals and left just the monitor and keyboard attached. I've heard that I can try to reboot the OS from a CD, but I don't want to do that unless I have to. I also don't want to mess with the BIOS too much as that seems to be OK. What should I do next?

A:XP won't boot correctly

do a repair
set the comp. to boot from cd first in the bios
pop in the xp cd and reboot
choose install
ignore the first repair option and continue with install
when windows finds the previous installation
then choose repair
you will have to reload sp1 and any ms updates and probably your video drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-boot-correctly.218576/
Relevancy 46.87%

My dil is having problems with her computer Will correctly boot up not and sent me the following info can anyone tell me what may be going on with it She is using Windows XP but I don t know much else about her computer except that it is an older one and I think it is a Dell but not sure Thanks so much for any help at all Dedee I get an error message when I restart my computer it says quot A problem has been detected amp windows has to shut down to prevent damage to your computer PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA this problem has continued it says to disable remove any new soft hardware Disable BIOS memory options -caching shadowing Restart the computer then press F pick quot advanced startup quot options then quot Will not boot up correctly Safe Mode quot Technical Info STOP x xc A x x D DA x I ve followed the directions several times but I keep getting this same message amp I don t know what else to do Can you help me please Thank you nbsp

A:Will not boot up correctly

Hi first thing to check - is the Ram [memory]
Turn the computer off and disconnect it from the power
Take off the side of the case and touch the bare metal chassis to discharge static.
Remove Ram from their slots

Plug in the RAM [one stick at a time].
Also try different slots.
Ensure it is seated correctly.

While you are doing that..
Reseat Video card.
Check Hard drive and Motherboard connections [IDE]
Take them off and reseat them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-not-boot-up-correctly.913379/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi Sorry about any typing errors I m having to use my phone browser as I ve bust my desktop somehow Yesterday I added some memory RAM and was very careful to ground myself and I didn t use any tools - magnetic or otherwise When I rebooted the keyboard and mouse didn t work I rebooted several times before I worked out that the keyboard was ok during the black screen part of the start process so I used the F keys to boot in safe mode but it made no difference I was advised to remove the internal battery for mins or so but that also made no difference I Correctly Please - Help Won't Boot am stuck Any help please My computer specs Please Help - Won't Boot Correctly are a mystery to me but I know I ve added them to all my other threads so if you think you can help me please check there if you need the specs A big thank you if anyone can help me solve this I m right out of it here Cheers Moose nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone I am having a problem with my computer Yesterday my electricity went out and then immediately came back on It wasn't off for more than seconds My fiancees computer booted right back up and I thought mine had too I went to my My up won't correctly boot computer computer later and saw that it was off When I turned it on it seemed fine but I noticed My computer won't boot up correctly that none of my desktop icons were on the My computer won't boot up correctly screen The taskbar wasn't there either I was able to move my cursor around and when I moved it to the bottom of the screen the taskbar and the clock started to appear although they didn't load completely I decided to restart and see if that helped I tried but my computer froze Since then I have tried many things to fix it and none have worked I am writing this in safe mode which is the only mode that allows me to do anything If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it I am at my wit's end and I am really worried that my computer is fried Please help Thanks Lillian

A:My computer won't boot up correctly

My thoughts being that the electricity went out it could have caused a surge and in turn did some damage...However if your running in safe mode the damage could be from your video card only... that would be a good thing or none of the above... sorry about that!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-wont-boot-up-correctly-240531.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello. I'm running Windows 8.1 on my Surface Pro 2. I have this problem every now and then: I turn on my computer, and I'm greeted with the Start screen. Everything seems normal until I try to go online. All my wireless connections, WiFi, Bluetooth, are not available. My desktop background is black with "Windows 8.1 Pro" on the bottom right hand corner. I open Control Panel and it's empty. The option to turn on Bluetooth and wifi is also empty. When I go to settings, there is no Bluetooth toggle. Anything to do with the system like Control Panel, device Manager, Manage networks is all empty. The folders are there, but when I click on them, they are empty. This happens every once in a while, but it freaks me out. I have to restart my computer, and that seems to take care of the problem. Does anyone know how to not make this happen anymore?

A:Windows 8.1 will not boot up correctly

Sounds like a memory issue, if system files and folders disappear like that. It shouldn't say Windows 8.1 pro, because that would indicate that Windows isn't activated. If all your WiFi settings disappear when getting online, that's either memory, or a virus. Do an Antivirus scan, and check to see if Windows is activated.

How long have you had the Surface Pro 2? If its under warranty you may want to use it and get it repaired.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61351-windows-8-1-will-not-boot-up-correctly.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello

Recently my computer has stopped booting up correctly. When I turn it on, the boot screen comes up fine. Then the Windows XP logo. Then the screen goes blank. After about 30 seconds of a blank screen, the cursor will show up. However, nothing else shows up, like the login screen. After about two minutes, the background of the login screen will show up, but not the login screen itself. It just hangs at this point.

I have tried doing a system restore to a restore point from earlier this week, however, it still hangs at the background of the login screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Windows will not boot correctly

That's not strange in XP that's why backup programs are very important, XP's System Restore isn't enough.. You might have installed too many programs/applications. A virus may also cause such problems.

I would recommend using a LiveCD now to backup all of your important files somewhere in the disk and reinstall WinXP to have a fresher system.

You don't want to solve it the hard way unless you really want to be an expert.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-will-not-boot-correctly-413411.html
Relevancy 46.44%

ok my wife is using a dell XPS 410 with vista 32bit. we had a power bump a few days ago and sudenly her computer would turn on but before it could get to the windows login screen the monitor would turn off. ran start up repair and system restore and that seemeed to fix problem. the next day it did same thing, i opened the case and blew out the dust and it seemed to work but today it started doing the same thing have run start up repair about a dozen times and managed to get it in safe mode with networking once but now can't get back to safe mode. any thoughts would be most appreciated
thanks

A:Vista won't boot correctly

ok i am currently running the diagnostics from the utility partition. so far under the testing option " OS won't boot" everything has passed. i am wondering if this is something that could be windows related or if it might be a hardware probem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-boot-correctly-533590.html
Relevancy 46.44%

OK so I installed a game on steam and then about seconds into the game my screen froze Nothing would respond so I turned off the computer Then when I went to turn it back on it took forever for the computer to POST Then when CD XP boot correctly will but MBR broken, not it MBR broken, but XP CD will not boot correctly did it got stuck on quot Verifying DMI pool data quot So I figure my MBR is bad I'll just get a xp oem disc and boot to the CD and fix the MBR So I make boot to CD ROM the only option in my BIOS Then when it posts it says press any key to boot from CD Then I got this swedish message after I pressed a key tryck ned valfri tangent om du vill starta med cd-skiven which translates to press any key to start with CD-ROM So then I hit a Key and I was expecting the XP setup stuff to pop up so I could hit R for Repair and do fixmbr But instead it loaded into my OS and it booted up like normal So I really feel like it MBR broken, but XP CD will not boot correctly is the MBR that is corrupted and I want to fix it but that's the only way I know how to fix the MBR The OS is installed on a WD IDE drive The motherboard is a Biostar TF SLI I have windows XP SP and I was using a windows xp sp disc I just think it is really weird that it booted up to my XP installation Any thoughts

A:MBR broken, but XP CD will not boot correctly

OK, since it let me in windows i downloaded the biostar flashing utility and cleared the cmos and installed the latest mb firmware. Then when i restarted i was able to boot to the cd-rom and put in c:/fixmbr and c:/fixboot . Now the computer still gets a disk boot error unless the windows xp CD is in the drive. When I leave the CD in the drive and do not hit any key to boot to CD, then the computer boots to xp correctly. But if i take the CD out then i get the disk boot error.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mbr-broken-but-xp-cd-will-not-boot-correctly-481614.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hello my dell PC will not boot up correctly everytime i try to boot it up it gives a screen saying it did not boot up correctly not will up PC Dell boot correctly and gives me choices of how to boot Dell PC will not boot up correctly up but if i pick any Dell PC will not boot up correctly of them it will go to the windows XP loading screen and just send me straight back to the dell loading screeen which sends me to the booting screen in an infinite cycle The only thing i have done lately that could have caused this was installing a driver that lets a PS controller work on the computer but it worked on another computer so i think it is something else just thought i would mention it since i have no idea why my computer is messing up Also the computer does not beep once at all during this process Also when it is going from the windows XP load screen back to the dell load screen the CD drives flashes times of course i am typing this on a another computer

A:Dell PC will not boot up correctly

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.Type: chkdsk /rIt's important to have a space before the "/".To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273906/dell-pc-will-not-boot-up-correctly/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys I not Help! Windows correctly! will boot have what seems to be a Help! Windows will not boot correctly! serious problem with my computer Well to start off with I'm on another computer right now as we speak Also my computer that I need help with is a Windows XP with Service Pack installed On my computer that I normally use I began experiencing weird things happening last week I noticed that pop-ups would pop up after every few minutes and that when I would search something on Google- the links would re-direct to random websites I've had this same problem two times already in the past but managed to get rid of the malware that was causing it- from another tech support crew Its weird that this is happening again because I dont remember ever visiting a site that contained malware or anything I never did ANYTHING like that Why the heck would I randomly get a virus Unless someone else in this household used my computer and got on stupid sites with it grrrr So last night I went to GeekstoGo com I began to follow their procedure of maleware-removal before i created my topic I downloaded and ran TFC which is their first option- as you can see Until it stopped and asked for a reboot So I continued with the reboot and thats where my problem began After I tried rebooting Windows stopped and told me quot We're sorry but we could not restart correctly quot or whatever the message was So I tried again it did the same thing THEN I tried re-booting in SAFE MODE and it did the same thing I tried again same thing I just wont reboot at all I dont know what the deal is I then tried using the Windows Recovery Console I ran the scans but that didnt help The scans told me that it could find nothing wrong I thought about actually RUNNING the recovery console which apparently gets rid of installed programs and what-not but I decided to leave that alone since I'm not THAT much of a computer wiz And besides what if I ran it and it got rid of all my stuff but if I were to try and reboot again it STILL wouldnt work I dont know I'm just trying to be cautious because I have sooooo much on my computer My pictures my music some artwork and things that I've written and created that I would never be able to get back I know it isnt good to hold materials high but this stuff is precious to me I hope you guys can help But then again I dont know how much you'll be able to help considering I'm not really able to do anything on that computer NOTE I created this topic on their GeeksToGo forum but the guy who tried helping me well I couldnt understand what the hell he was trying to tell me to do because he lacked punctuation commas etc It confused the hell out of me and I'm already annoyed and stressed about this so I decided I might as well come to you guys Who have helped me in the past You'd think if someone were to give me professional help he she could AT LEAST use good grammar and punctuation

A:Help! Windows will not boot correctly!

BUMP! Its been a while.

I would also like to say, if I didnt before, that I do not have a Windows XP CD. My friend, who is computer-smart, gave me steps on how to use the XP Repair thing. Where you boot the computer from your CD drive and click "Repair an already existing Windows XP installation." He said that should work very well, and wont lose my data and files!! Unfortunately, I dont have a damned CD. BUT! I do have the serial and all that jazz on the side of my computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-windows-will-not-boot-correctly-437197.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

So when I came back from class today, my computer was off and so I turned it on. It never got passed what seems to be the BIOS screen (I don't actually know what it is, but that's what I think it is).

I have a Predator G Series G5900, with no modifications.

Attached is the photo of the screen I have when I turn on the computer.

What I have tried:
- Unplug every USB device and take off the power supply. Hold the power button for 30 seconds. Reboot.
Thanks in advance,
Christian

A:Computer won't boot up correctly. Please help!

Have you tried pressing F2 or F8?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-up-correctly-please-help.1028246/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey, I'm a computer user from South Korea, and I'm having trouble with my desktop computer.

Sorry if there are any English typos, or what not.

I have similar problems to the user "samalama," where the computer will only load to the point of my wallpaper.

No icons, no ability to access the task manager, no ability to access safe mode, no nothing.

I've visited the sites recomended by the user Rich-M, but they provide no solutions.

Any help?

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I m having trouble with my correctly boot does Laptop not laptop It is a Microstar International MSI GX- running -Bit Windows Professional When I power it on it does not boot right away It will sit there with the power light on and the hard drive light will blink occasionally but the screen will remain off Not just black but off The battery is fully charged and I usually leave it plugged Laptop does not boot correctly in I also have all sleep options in quot Power Options quot set to quot Off quot or quot Never quot because this thing does not do well with Sleep mode When it first started doing this yesterday I tried hard booting it and also removed the battery and cleared the circuit memory Nothing worked Finally I tried holding Function F which is the sleep function on my keyboard and it worked The screen came on and it began booting It s not as though the monitor wouldn t turn on It just would not boot until quot woken up quot Once I hold Function F it goes and runs fine I m only pretty sure that this solution wasn t coincidental but the last three times I hit those buttons it started up But this is annoying Any ideas on what this could be nbsp

A:Laptop does not boot correctly

Power it down as far as it will go.
Then hold the power button down for 10 seconds.
Boot up and see if you can enter the bios setup.
Check the power options in the bios and make sure the
power button is not set to standby.
May be that the windows power settings didn't take and holding
the power button for 10 seconds should put the computer in
a complete shutdown so the next time it boots it will reread the registry.
Checking the bios won't hurt though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-does-not-boot-correctly.956352/
Relevancy 45.58%

nbsp nbsp Evidently while trying to take advantage of the Windows Upgrade somehow some damage was done to a system is up return back to code: not to problem 0xc0000001 to able up order me laptop Toshiba with able didn't boot the and correctly, boot my Windows Error a being Windows after from preventing in 10 thoughts? 8.1. Any the download to upgrade am I file s from my old nbsp Windows OS pertaining to a missing or Error code: 0xc0000001 is preventing me from being able to boot up after a problem with the Windows 10 upgrade didn't download correctly, and I am not able to boot up my Toshiba laptop in order to return the system back to Windows 8.1. Any thoughts? damaged file nbsp windows system boot winload exe nbsp nbsp which in turn rewflects Error code: 0xc0000001 is preventing me from being able to boot up after a problem with the Windows 10 upgrade didn't download correctly, and I am not able to boot up my Toshiba laptop in order to return the system back to Windows 8.1. Any thoughts? an Error code nbsp xc nbsp At any rate as a result I am not able to boot up without an installation disc nor perform the requested quot Restart quot to continue with the Windows reinstallation because of this Error and missing file s and am at my wits end nbsp Please does anyone have any idea what my best course of action might be at this point as I have seeminglly tried everything that I could think of for the better part of two weeks now nbsp Last night a gal that lives a few doors down checked in on me because she hadn't seen me for those two weeks and was just pretty concerned about whether I was allright or not and she suggested that I take the laptop to an outside Technician but unfortunately I am a disabled nbsp U S Veteran and I just don't have alot of money to work with nbsp If someone could please help me with this litlle bit of a predicament I would surely appreciate it more than you could ever know nbsp Thank you nbsp And I Wish you Happy Holidays nbsp nbsp nbsp -Otto Pedersen

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d94da9ff-01ed-40ad-9fde-b9ea54f95ad2/error-code-0xc0000001-is-preventing-me-from-being-able-to-boot-up-after-a-problem-with-the-windows?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 45.58%

Hiya guys,

Like the title says, yesterday I upgraded my dad's oldest office computer from Windows Vista Home Premium x32 to Windows 7 Ultimate x32. The installation went fine, although it did take quite a bit of time. When the installation finally finished, we got to the loading bar screen, then a mouse appeared, then it took us to System Recovery options. Automatic startup repair didn't work, it won't recognize our back-up hard-drive and we literally can't do anything. Fortunately my dad has a few other computers at work and he was going to just use this one as an extra, but I'd like to fix it.

Is my only option to somehow re-install Vista and restore? Or is there something I can do to keep 7 on there?

A:Upgraded Dad's Computer to 7, now it won't boot correctly

Some specs on that computer would help someone to try and help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/301727-upgraded-dads-computer-7-now-wont-boot-correctly.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I've had almost nothing but problems with this computer since I bought it two years ago but correctly won't locks Vista boot up, things have really gotten bad lately Until recently it would occasionally lock up nothing would happen but after about seconds it would unlock and go about its business Now it locks and won't unlock Everything freezes Then I get the blue screen of death telling me about a kernel error Then it reboots And EVERY time I turn it on now I get quot diskette drive seek failure quot Vista locks up, won't boot correctly and I have to hit F to boot then it gives me the options to start Windows in safe mode or normally I start it normally at that point and it seems to go fine until the next time it freezes up which happens easily four times a day just to me and at least a couple times a session to others in my household who use it It's Windows Vista Home Premium it Vista locks up, won't boot correctly says bought it in November Running on a Dell My e-z bake solution would be to get the important stuff I need off the hard drive and onto an external then reformat and re-install the OS Would that be a fix Anybody else ever see this problem before This has never been a good computer OS but it's gotten much worse lately Thanks

A:Vista locks up, won't boot correctly

Yours is a good idea but I would go one better
Go to the support site of the hard drive manufacturer and download their diagnostic utility and see what shows up

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268931/vista-locks-up-wont-boot-correctly/
Relevancy 45.58%

My sister installed about windows updates Vista on her computer She ended up with the font being messed up which I see now on the windows forum is a known problem She couldn't after correctly installing Won't updates. boot figure out how to fix it other than to restore back to before the updates Then she started installing the updates in sections She installed the Cumulative Security Won't boot correctly after installing updates. Update for Internet Explorer It said that she needed to restart to complete the update so she hit the button to restart It started to restart and but just sat there for about minutes or so So she hit the power button to turn it off and then turned it back on The windows icon appeared and the status bar fully loaded but then it just sat there on a blank screen We turned it off and on again and it still did the same thing I tried hitting F and it didn't do anything I hit F and it went to options but I have no clue what I should be doing in there if anything So can you help me What do I do now I've posted this on the windows forum but I wanted to try here as well Also I've tried a couple of times to hit F to boot in safe mode and it doesn't do anything I also hit F and it brought me to a boot menu I hit 'diagnostics' and it didn't do anything I then hit the Fn button and am doing the Pre-boot System Assesment It did the initial scan and it said nothing was wrong and asked if I wanted to continue with the rest I clicked yes but it hasn't finished yet

A:Won't boot correctly after installing updates.

When you tap F8 at boot do can you get to the screen that says "Repair your Computer"? If you an access that, you should be able to do a System Restore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567109/wont-boot-correctly-after-installing-updates/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello , please say me how to correctly install .iso to cd , i need from
cd open boot (Like windows installing or etc)

A:Correctly install .iso to cd (need work boot)

Hi desoft,

Welcome to Techspot.

You will need to install something like MagicISO or NERO to burn to disc. Once this has been installed you will be able to double click on the ISO file and the rest will be done by the software.

To boot from CD/DVD make sure it has been changed correctly in the BIOS.

On booting your PC press F2 or DEL to get into your BIOS.
There you can change your boot priority. Change it to your CD/DVD drive and save the cnages and exit. Your PC will reboot.

hope this Help
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correctly-install-iso-to-cd-need-work-boot.157001/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am using Windows XP. Whenever I first boot the computer will do nothing. I have to shut it off with the off button.I then reboot and only after I run check disk can I use the computer. I have been putting the computer into hibernate when I am through for the day.
Thanks for any help. james

Relevancy 45.58%

I tried to set up a dual boot of windows and windows xp was installed first and xp took over and wouldn't Didn't correctly and up boot xp 7 set dual of let me load at all I tried to fix the issue by deleting the partition with windows xp on it Now all I have is the original C drive with windows The issue is Didn't correctly set up dual boot of 7 and xp the computer still won't recognize windows only xp I have a Gateway DX desktop computer It was originally running windows bit but I'm not positive which version of it had I tried hitting f to go to the windows advanced options menu but no matter which option I try to go with I get the same error quot Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem Could not read from the selected boot disk Check boot path and disk hardware please check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information quot I tried a factory reboot although I don't really remember how I did it and it still gives me the same issues I managed to pull all the files off of the hard drive and save them so I'm no longer worried about loosing anything I just need to get my computer fixed so I can use it again Any help toward this goal would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Didn't correctly set up dual boot of 7 and xp

Boot the Windows 7 install DVD and run Startup Repair up to 3 times. That should fix it: See here: Startup Repair

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here: Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River.
Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

The COA sticker on your computer will tell you what version of Windows 7 you have, but it's most likely Home Premium, but it may be 32 or 64 bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255619-didnt-correctly-set-up-dual-boot-7-xp.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I bought this computer as a refurbish about 7 months ago. It came with Windows 7 installed so I upgraded to Windows 10.It has been a very reliable machine until recently. Last week it suddenly failed to recognize the LAN connection. I checked all of the connections and there were no issues. I decided to perform a recovery through the windows recovery system.The recovery failed. I then went into the HP diagnostic tools. I ran the memory and disk diagnostics and they both came back successful. I then ran the run-in test and it just continues to loop. Any ideas? Help would be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Elitebook-8440p-will-not-boot-correctly/td-p/5733116
Relevancy 45.58%

Good morning - I have for the correctly Unable boot Vista to past couple of days been working with Geekstogo and have encountered some issues as a result of that - I have posted the following info Unable to boot Vista correctly on the Vista forums as well - just looking for a way to get my computer to boot back up like it used to Ok - a few days ago I discovered a virus on my system a browser redirect tried several malware removal programs but was unsuccessful I went to Geekstogo for help - installed amp ran several programs including Malwarebytes amp OTL - I could not run GMER - the system locked up when I tried I was then instructed to run a fix through OTL included at the bottom of this post This was supposedly so that I could then successfully run GMER to find the rootkit virus and a way to remove it Upon rebooting my system the Unable to boot Vista correctly desktop was black with only the recycle bin I only have limited access to my files - this message is on my desktop upon starting C Windows system config systemprofile Desktop is not accessible Access is denied When trying to run the GMER exe I receive the following message C The dependency service or group failed to start At this point I'm just trying to get back to my regular boot process without system recovery amp reistallation of Windows Vista just yet I'm really hoping you can help please It should also be noted that I have tried booting via an OTLPE iso disk amp and was unable to run OTP once the system booted OTLO - HKLM RunOnceEx Flags Reg Error Invalid data type File not foundO - HKLM RunOnceEx Title File not foundO - AppInit DLLs C Windows system DLL - C Windows System DLL O - MountPoints e - - dc-a - b db b Shell AutoRun command - quot quot E system viewer FlipVideoforPC exe -- File not foundO - MountPoints e - - dc-a - b db b Shell Flip Video for PC command - quot quot E system viewer FlipVideoforPC exe -- File not foundO - MountPoints F Shell - quot quot AutoRunO - MountPoints F Shell AutoRun command - quot quot F LaunchU exe -- File not foundNetSvcs BtwSrv - File not found ---- M -- C Windows System drivers lhhng sys -H-- M -- C Windows System wupd dat ---- M -- C Windows System DLL ---- M -- C Windows System WORK DAT ---- M -- C qurk exe Services Reg Files Commands purity resethosts emptytemp Reboot --c --

A:Unable to boot Vista correctly

Please refrain from asking for help from others while you are being instructed by someone helping you elsewhere. Any modifications you make can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the Helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer. If you had posted your log here, similar rules would apply. We would ask that you refrain from asking for help elsewhere.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you still need assistance after finishing with geekstogo, please post back

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287126/unable-to-boot-vista-correctly/
Relevancy 45.58%

I set my Win7 Pro computer to a static IP. Reboot and the computer can't get to the network, forget the internet. Give it a DHCP IP, then immediately give it the static it had and it works fine.

What is the fix for this ridiculous issue?

If there is no fix, does anyone know a script I can have run at startup that sets the NIC to DHCP, then back to the static I want?

A:Win7 still can't boot with static IP correctly?

Are you certain that you are setting the IP and the Netmask properly? What are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/146299-win7-still-cant-boot-static-ip-correctly.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I was having a memory issue (all my memory was being used from startup with no processes listed as using any more than usual and my computer was running much slower than it should be. I read that the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool would be able to identify what the problem might be. It ran, but as Windows was booting back up, it just hangs at the black boot screen with the Windows logo and the swirling dots and won't go any further. I don't know what's going on or what to do next.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Edit: A Windows Update rollback has fixed the problem, but I really wish I understood why my memory was having a problem before (the memory usage is back down to normal now as well)

A:Windows will no longer boot correctly

So you did a System Restore. I don't think a Windows Update would have caused the RAM to fill up. So it was just incidental that the previous restore point was created by a Windows Update. Did you install any new programs lately ? Next time when you check Task Manager, click on 'more details' at the bottom, that would reveal all the programs running, including all Windows components.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-will-no-longer-boot-correctly.1161776/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I m new here and I am in desperate need of help I know my way around some stuff but apparently this is not enough so I come to you I was playing around with a program called PartitionMagic because I wanted to convert my external harddrive from NTFS to FAT but it didn t work so boot Unable into correctly Windows to I tried another program Partition Manager As soon as the installation started the computer had a BSoD and has started having this every time Unable to correctly boot into Windows I try to boot the Computer At first I thought this was only caused by the harddrive but I put Unable to correctly boot into Windows it to a Unable to correctly boot into Windows test by removing the harddrive and adding my laptops harddrive instead Sadly the same thing happens It boots into the Windows logo and then a BSoD appears restarting my PC yet again I ve tried launching the Startup Repair but it results in failure The description tells me that the quot Boot Configuration is corrupt quot so I tried searching for a fix on this That led me to trying bootsect exe and bootrec exe on the command prompt through both the advanced startup repair thing and through the Windows Installation DVD Even though all the commands I ve ran say they were executed successfully it still gives me a BSoD on startup As a last resort I tried to format my harddrive through the Windows DVD This is where I noticed that it recognizes my harddrive but tells me there is only or so mb on it Also if I try to do a system restore it gives me quot an unexpected error A device attached to the system is not functioning x F I m out of ideas on how to fix this so I come to you guys to help me Please do tell if I have forgotten to give any additional information needed for you to help me I run on Windows bit nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Windows 8.1/Linux Mint

Hi
I’ll try and explain as briefly & simply as possible.
My boot order is ODD/USB/HD, boot speed normal & Secure boot disabled
but when i try to boot a disk you can hear the drive activate, start to spin slowly
and then full speed by this time Windows has already loaded on the desktop.
I tried and tried but without success.
But then a curious thing happened!!
While I was still in Windows and the disk was still in the drive but not
running I went to my PC Settings navigated to the UEFI screen and entered
the BIOS/UEFI. I checked all the settings again and it is as above and when I
click to exit the disk bursts into life and boots into ‘Linux’ in this case.

Any help or advice appreciated

Cheers

A:Boot sequence not working correctly

Look in UEFI for a setting called Legacy or CSM boot. Not many disks can boot with UEFI enabled even with SecureBoot disabled.

What is the make and model of the computer. Most modern computers can access a boot menu at startup that will let you pick the boot device. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619167/boot-sequence-not-working-correctly/
Relevancy 45.58%

Recently installed TrackIR and when using it in-game ArmA things went as expected Today I experienced a couple of weird crashes The first one the game froze and the entire OS hung and I waited a couple of minutes before I returned to desktop CTRL ALT Delete task manager and ended the game's process Opened the TrackIR software that also crashed restarted it and that was working fine In case you don't know TrackIR has a couple of drivers - one for the USB and one for the software that controls it The second crash I returned to the game and not shortly after the same crash occurred except this time I couldn't return to the desktop smashing all types of shortcuts ALT F to close game CTRL ALT Escape amp CTRL ALT Delete to open task manager and a blue screen came up with something along the lines of quot Something went wrong with your PC we're collecting some stuff and we'll restart quot It reached stayed there for a couple of minutes before I decided to force reboot And now I'm here can't boot into windows Sometimes I'll hear the startup sound and my peripherals will turn on LEDs will enable but nothing appears on screen Tried changing from HDMI display input to DVI-D to no avail Other times nothing will happen I do not have AVG only Windows Defender Edit Removed the TrackIR drivers through device manager then removed video driver and then I could temporarily boot into correctly boot System [DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION] can't windows before I'd get a BSOD or a blank screen again I had enough time to remove the TrackIR software but it doesn't stop the crashes These have been added to the SF Debug zip

A:System can't boot correctly [DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION]

Hi pal it was happening to me. Close auto-installing drivers. Uninstall current drivers and install your manufacturer's drivers. Google how to do it

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59391-system-cant-boot-correctly-dpc_watchdog_violation.html
Relevancy 45.58%

We ve got an older computer with an Abit BH motherboard that I believe is v and not v In BIOS if we set the boot order for CD-ROM any seems boot ideas? from CD-ROM, to Can't correctly set be though... BIOS first we can t get any bootable CD-ROMS Can't boot from CD-ROM, BIOS seems to be set correctly though... any ideas? to boot--instead the C drive gets booted And strangely enough the CD-ROM light even comes on Can't boot from CD-ROM, BIOS seems to be set correctly though... any ideas? at startup we can hear the disk start spinning too yet it does not get booted BIOS always then boots the C drive We of course verified that the bootable CDs are indeed bootable on another computer Yet we can change the order so that the floppy drive A gets booted first and it works to boot from a floppy We even successfully updated to what I believe is the final version of the BH BIOS version SS Still we can t boot from the CD-ROM We know the CD-ROM reads disks fine because after booting into Windows C drive we can access the CD-ROM with no problems Does anyone have any ideas We really could use some help Thanks for any assistance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-boot-from-cd-rom-bios-seems-to-be-set-correctly-though-any-ideas.722146/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys, I was just browsing the internet last night, and the computer froze on me. I hard-killed it, and tried to turn it on normally. It didn't work, and once I rebooted again, it led me to "start windows normally" and "start up repair tool". It didn't recognize my OS, and I didn't know what devices to load, so I clicked next. It led me to the advanced system recovery options (startup repair, system restore, system image recovery, windows memory diagnostic, and command prompt). I've tried every single one of them, and none of them work except for command prompt.

I started looking up what to do when you're at the command prompt, but I have no partitions, and when I tried to create one, it said it couldn't because of an I/O device error.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401693-windows-7-does-not-boot-correctly-os-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 45.58%

A few days ago I awoke to see that my computer had frozen up I thought nothing about it and decided to go ahead and restart but quickly noticed that the computer would not boot up at all It managed to access the Windows XP loading with a single bar but there was no further activity After performing an additional restart nothing would happen the power is functioning correctly or so it seems but the monitor remained blank and there was no further activity I noticed that the light often found below or near the power switch which blinks when the PC is in activity didn t light up or boot correctly. not BIOS? Won't will even Computer get to blink at all either I m at a loss of what to do I suspected the power supply unit ceased to function correctly and had replaced that with a brand new one which is an exact replica of the old one The computer is fairly old but it has proven dependable with the exception of this incident Here are the specs I m running Windows XP HP Pavilion AMD Athlon GHz GB Hard Drive ASUS A V-VM Motherboard GeForce MX - X MB DDR GB RAM Again I cannot even access a BIOS setup screen since there is no display Simply starting the computer yields nothing but it is being powered correctly I can hear the fans turning as if it were normally on and the power supply was even just recently replaced I have heard that resetting the CMOS settings might help me access BIOS but I don t know how to do that nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%
A:[SOLVED] Computer won't boot up correctly.

Did you try system restore to a point before the updates you can do it in safe mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-wont-boot-up-correctly-670670.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey I installed Vista had the BOOTMGR is missing error and now - after Repairing - everytime I start Vista it either gives me a Blue Screen or just restarts XP works fine though Yeah forgot to all do boot with stuff the How correctly? Vista uninstall I mention it s a Dual Boot system I want to uninstall Vista Googled a bit and here s what I ve found http www tech-recipes com rx vista how to uninstall vista dual boot machine So i ve got a How do I uninstall Vista with all the boot stuff correctly? few questions When working with How do I uninstall Vista with all the boot stuff correctly? XP XP is installed on C E is for software D is for games and Vista is on V When working with Vista Vista is on C and I think XP is on D The point is that the partition names are different how comes When applying fixboot and fixmbr should I set a specific partition Since the partitions are different in each OS how do I know which one to set and what happens if I How do I uninstall Vista with all the boot stuff correctly? leave it blank I mean quot fixboot quot alone for example without the quot partition quot afterwards Is this guide verified My computer has a terrible tendency to give me BSODs randomly make necessary system files disappear and so on So I have to be sure it s genuine Thanks nbsp

A:How do I uninstall Vista with all the boot stuff correctly?

Please, anyone...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-uninstall-vista-with-all-the-boot-stuff-correctly.616024/
Relevancy 45.15%

Occasionally my Laptop (Windows 7, 3gb RAM, Compaq Presario CCQ61) doesn't boot up correctly. As in normally the problem is ''Windows cannot find an OS'' thats not the exact wording but somewhere along the lines, its a blue screen and there is also some other writing underneath. I tap the off button to turn off and then i turn on again, sometimes it boots up fine and works good but sometime like it says run system repair (reccomended) so you do and it go's through steps and tells you to do a system restore which I do then it does work...but then maybe a week later you will open the lid and it won't respond (the mouse won't move and you have to hold the power button the turn it off., its starting to get annoying at this stage, considering restoring to factory settings...any advice much appreciated! thanks

A:Laptop occasionnaly doesn't boot up correctly.

http://search.hp.com/query.html?lang=en&qp=&hps=Home&hpn=Home&la=en&cc=us&hpr=http%3A//h41131.www4.hp.com/us/en&hpa=http%3A//www.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html&charset=utf-8&qt=operating+system+not+found

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408802/laptop-occasionnaly-doesnt-boot-up-correctly/
Relevancy 45.15%

I hope you guys can help I have an Acer One Laptop with No CD ROM drive last night I had a power failure on it whilst working on it As it rebooted it power failed again After trying to restart it up again it is stuck on the Windows XP with the loading banner repeatedly going across but not booting I have hit the F button to access the bios and when I exit with no changes it offers me options to go into Safe mode Last known good menu Safe in network safe with command prompt give drives and lets me in just puts it into the Windows XP loading screen forever and a day I have not tried Not tried I load into Safe move and did a system restore but hit has not cured the problem As the Laptop came preloaded it did not have CDROMs and it has no CDROM to correctly other problems boot Windows unable + XP: DVD player Can anyone assist on what to do next nbsp

A:Windows XP: unable to boot correctly + other problems

If you wish to restore it to its original state when you bought it you could try pressing alt and f10 while booting this will bring up the recovery program on some acers and restore the original settings from a hidden partition.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-unable-to-boot-correctly-other-problems.949508/
Relevancy 45.15%

When I push F8 upon booting Windows XP Home "Edition...the system comes into the correct window which gives me all the proper options to boot into Safe Mode. I press SAFE Mode with Network support. I press ENTER.....and the proper safe mode scrolling appears....but suddenly the system does not complete the safe mode...but rather it reboots into the normal Windows Boot-up and goes on to boot into the Windows Sign-in Window.

I need to Boot into SAFE MODE. But the system will NOT allow the Boot into any of the SAFE MODE Options....What can I do????

A:Safe Mode Boot does not activate correctly

Check suggestion here.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/smsysconfig.htm

'Note: Windows XP will continue to boot into Safe Mode until the System Configuration Utility is configured to again boot normally'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-mode-boot-does-not-activate-correctly.825663/
Relevancy 45.15%

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I have an acer netbook, running win xp that started with google redirect problems. Had trouble getting AVG Anti virus free because it would start up. Finally did and did not find any problems. Had to download malwarebytes anti malware program and ran it and it did not find any problems either. Windows updates were downloading but were not installed because computer would freeze up. Now, the computer will not reboot correctly, keeps going in loops. Occasionally, get blue screen error with stop error:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF765A71D, 0x9FD79580, 0x00000000)
atapi.sys - Address F765A71D base at F76500000, DateStamp 4802539d

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

A:google redirect, now netbook won't boot correctly

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerPlease take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting. If you will be unable to respond (e.g. vacation, travel, etc.), please let me know ahead of time.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again as instructed below, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.In addition to my questions above:How far does it make it before you get into the loop?What version of Windows is this? XP, Vista, 7?Do you have access to working computer and an empty USB flash drive? We may need this to access the unbootable computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407208/google-redirect-now-netbook-wont-boot-correctly/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
I have a somewhat wierd setup. I dual boot vista, but i dual boot between a 32bit and a 64bit version (no xp, all vista).
Now, i don't need the 32bit version any more, so i want to get rid of it, but i want to make sure i do it correctly, and don't end up restoring it all.

I installed the 32bit last, so it is the default option in the bootmenu, which i really want to get rid off.

Any experiences with this?

A:removing dual boot vista correctly.

Hi nicolai,

you may want to have a look at this ...

Download EasyBCD 1.7.2 - NeoSmart Technologies

which allows you to edit the vista bootloader (install and run from x64 version which should be where the Bootloader runs from as this was first install)

once you disable the 32bit from appearing in your boot menu should be a simple matter to clear/reformat it's partition using the Inbuilt Disk management or your favourite 3rd party app

hope this helps

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/185075-removing-dual-boot-vista-correctly.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey there I am very sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum but I really don t know what the reason for my problem is I own an Acer Aspire Laptop and it has Windows Vista on it Unfortunately I cannot provide that sysinfo because my Laptop isn t working and I m writing this from boot Acer correctly Solved: Laptop won't another one So here is my problem When I turn it on it shows me those things a big acer logo quot start windows normally quot Solved: Acer Laptop won't boot correctly quot starting windows quot makes that windows sound goes black then a somewhat darkblue colour then it does nothing at all anymore and I have to turn it off by pressing the power-button for a few seconds I have already tried to boot in safe mode and that worked perfectly fine As I got this Laptop via school we were provided with a Reboot-CD but my CD drive decides on its own when it s working so that s not an option either Well I would very much appreciate your help Thank you Malin nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

When booting my computer to Windows bit normal mode a couple of things happen during each reboot When loading windows the screen will flash a couple of times boot won't to normal mode. 7 Windows correctly and if it doesnt freeze will go to the desktop become very slow and eventually freeze When it does get this far I've noticed that the color of the taskbar has changed from what I had it set at After loading windows instead of Windows 7 won't boot correctly to normal mode. showing the desktop a black screen appears with the mouse curser and then nothing I am able to enter safe mode without any problems and have tried various things to fix the problem such as Use msconfig to disable all services other than those from microsoft As well as uncheck all start up programs The only difference I seen at times was if windows was going to a black screen and cursor after unchecking start ups windows will continue to the desktop lag and then freeze Ran malwarebytes avast and advanced system care I'm freaking out cause classes start in less than a week and without my computer I'm screwed I'm not sure what other information to give but will find out whatever is needed Many thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 won't boot correctly to normal mode.

Try booting to safe mode and creating a new user account. Then boot to Windows normally and log in with the new account.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wont-boot-correctly-to-normal-mode-596069.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I hope you guys can help I have an Acer One Laptop with No CD ROM drive last night I had a power failure on it whilst working on it As it rebooted it power failed again After trying to restart it up again it is stuck on the Windows XP with the loading banner repeatedly going across + other XP: unable correctly Windows boot to problems but not booting I have hit the F button to access the bios and when I exit with no changes it offers me options to go into Safe mode Last known good menu Safe in network safe with command prompt give drives and lets me in just puts it into the Windows XP loading screen forever and a day I have not tried Not tried I load into Safe move and did a system restore but hit has not cured the problem As the Laptop came preloaded Windows XP: unable to boot correctly + other problems it did not have CDROMs and it has no CDROM DVD player Can anyone assist on what to do next nbsp

A:Windows XP: unable to boot correctly + other problems

Check your bios to see if it has the option to boot from a usb device. If so you can do one of two things. 1). You can create a bootable usb flash drive which contains recovery console or 2). you can purchase a usb cd rom device and create a bootable disc with recovery console. Either way you are gonna need recovery console. This is, of course, assuming your computer doen't have a built in recovery option. Give the model number of your computer please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-unable-to-boot-correctly-other-problems.153238/
Relevancy 45.15%

it keeps getting stuck mid boot, it wont work in start up repair or safe mode. 

before this happened I got two bluescreens earlier in the day. 

I have gotten blue screens before but nothing were I couldn't boot my computer. 

Thank you in advance

last known good config won't work either. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623127/windows-7-wont-boot-wont-boot-in-safe-mode-or-repair-mode/
Relevancy 45.15%

Last night I updated windows 8.1 from windows 8.
It got to the stage where it needs to restart so it done that started the configarations and once it reached 100% it restarted.

Since then what happens is when i press power on the samsung logo comes on the screen then the black screen with the windows picture then the bsod comes up for around half a second and it restarts. then it constantly does this.

The whole cycle only takes a few seconds.

Ive tried booting in safe mode but this isnt working so I downloaded kav rescue on another computer and saved it on a flash drive, But it wont boot off this either.

Any ideas?

A:Windows wont start after 8.1 update wont boot in safe mode

What does the BSOD state? Most times it is a driver issue with the Display drivers. Other times it is hardware.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46169-windows-wont-start-after-8-1-update-wont-boot-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello Today I noticed that I could not open my start menu with neither the windows button ctrl esc menu various and problems other wont mode appear wont Start boot, Safe or a click of the mouse I've also had a problem the last couple of days saving opening Safe mode wont boot, Start menu wont appear and various other problems files in one of the programs I used to make music I tried to go into safe mode to do system restore but the safe mode didn't boot It scrolled all the system files on the screen but then just stopped and nothing happened So I tried the other option forget what it's called that lets you perform various other system restoration tasks I brought up the system restore screen from there but got an error that said something about corrupt files so it could not perform the restore I checked again and all my restore points had been deleted Lastly when I click computer all the drives are blank with no names Safe mode wont boot, Start menu wont appear and various other problems beside them only the icons I can still click them and they seem to be functioning normally so I don't know if there is a relation to this I don't know if some registry files were deleted or if there Safe mode wont boot, Start menu wont appear and various other problems is some other problem I didn't notice the start menu safe mode blank icon issues until I just recently installed the latest windows update Sorry if this seemed a little long winded but I would appreciate help from anyone Thanks adub b

A:Safe mode wont boot, Start menu wont appear and various other problems

Hi -

Try a repair/ install - http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/safe-mode-wont-boot-start-menu-wont-appear-and-various-other-problems-536176.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok it all started when i was dloading a program to make windows setups msi Then i decided i didnt like it and uninstalled it After Cant display Monitor boot, safe Windows wont picture. access wont mode tht was done I decided i was going to stick with Inno Setup I have used it before and liked it But then i noticed all or most of my desktop icons were missing And all the start menu ientries were missing So Windows wont boot, Monitor wont display picture. Cant access safe mode i figured i had a virus SO i went to do a system resotre But found that i oculdnt find it due to to missing folders So i decided i would then try to boot into safe mode When i tried to boot it said it cannot find a file same with normal mode Ubfortunely i dont remember what it said I think it said windows cannot find NRDL press ctrl alt delete to reboot or somthing like that Any ways i tried a few more times and it all failied SO then i tried the Windows wont boot, Monitor wont display picture. Cant access safe mode windows recovery console Nothing I really didnt know whre to go with it Then i decied to go into the bios and reset Or i thought i was resseting them I seleteced quot fails proof settings quot But then Windows wont boot, Monitor wont display picture. Cant access safe mode i rebooted and things got worse My monitor is now getting no signal it says it is ocnnected though So i cant see what i am doing Please any ideas I have a Programming project that i have been working on for months now i dont wanna lose that And a Lang arts project I am very computer savvy but i have tried everything and yes i tried a differ monitor No Dice Specs Xp Home Nvidia TC amd Standard Monitro Plese help i need my computer i cant go on without it -T nbsp

A:Windows wont boot, Monitor wont display picture. Cant access safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-boot-monitor-wont-display-picture-cant-access-safe-mode.422353/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hell everyone This weekend I formatted my HDD and re-installed Windows XP and am having problems getting it to boot up correctly It starts fine the black loading screen with the XP logo etc but once it gets All XP: Correctly/At Not Screen Windows Welcome Stauls Boot; on Booting on to the Welcome Environment it screws up It will load to a black screen with the cursor the cursor can be moved around and then after a period of time - minutes or longer it will load to the Welcome screen However it just XP: Windows Stauls on Welcome Screen on Boot; Not Booting Correctly/At All stays on this It loads the typical bluish welcome screen with the cursor but then it just stops I got it to load all the way to Windows once and everything on the desktop seemed to be fine - wasn t slow seemed normal However I can t get it to just quot load quot normally every time I don t think its a video card problem I am thinking maybe its the disc Its XP Pro and I ve installed Windows off it dozens of times One more thing though this format and re-install was planned this weekend However Friday night I was backing up all my data for the re-install and our power knocked out turing off my pc abruptly I restarted it and everything seemed fine so I went ahead with the format on Saturday Another tid bit they may be useful is I have been cleaning the dust off my motherboard with compressed air as of late This may help I don t know If anyone has any help or advice it would be very appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:XP: Windows Stauls on Welcome Screen on Boot; Not Booting Correctly/At All

Will it start in safe mode? If so once you get to desktop, right click the properties of my computer and click the hardware tab, then choose device manager. Any exclamation marks or question marks there?
If safe mode doesn't work I'd try doing a repair install:
* Make sure the BIOS is set to boot from the CD (put the CD above the HD in the boot order)
* Insert the XP CD and boot to it
* When you see " To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER", go ahead and press ENTER
* You will now see an option to repair Windows by pressing "R". Do not select this option - it will only take you to the Recovery Console which is not what we want to do. Instead, choose to continue the installation
* When you see the license agreement, press F8 to agree
* On the next screen make sure your current XP installation is selected and then press "R" to repair XP
* At this point XP will begin to install on top of itself, replacing damaged, missing or altered system files. Follow the instructions on the remaining screens to complete the Repair Install. It will look very much like a normal (new) OS installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-windows-stauls-on-welcome-screen-on-boot-not-booting-correctly-at-all.717701/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello All

Please Help if you can. I have an amilo L/T l series 512mb, it had xp sp2 on it. Someone was using my laptop and ignored 4 trojans and although i could go into safe mode, this has also stopped working. So far these are the problems I am having, no partition found, xp recovery disk will start but fail after first step, cant repair and cant go futher with installation. I am a relative novice and laptop is out of warranty. I dont have a floppy drive and how do i access dos to run chkdsk??? Please any help will be appreciated

Johno

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/amilo-l-seris-wont-boot-and-recovery-cd-wont-work-218622.html
Relevancy 44.72%

All of a sudden, I turn on my lap top (lenovo idea pad flex 10) and it takes forever to Load, then says windows 8 wont boot or something.
Takes me to a blue screen and I tries to system restore but that also won't load and go through. Help please?
I went to advanced options and pulled up the box you type **** in butI don't know what to put km it to make windows boot!

A:windows 8 wont boot and system restore wont work

You need to be much more specific about what your problem is. I can't tell at all from your post what's really happening, and neither will anybody else. What exactly happens? What exact messages do you get? What "advanced options" are you talking about? Also, it appears this site's profanity filter has blocked something in your post. Using such language is not helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-wont-boot-and-system-restore-wont-work.1148418/
Relevancy 44.72%

I wanted to transfer data to another hard drive and i hooked it up as a slave drive to my main drive and the first time i booted it up it did nothing and then i restarted and and wouldnt boot and gave me the message

NTLRD is missing
Please press any key to restart

then i unhooked the second hard drive and rebooted and got the same message, i hooked the second drive up to its original machine and got the same message on it too. what is goin on hear now nothing will boot. please need help, i cant lose all that data on both hardrives!

I sacraficed the first hard drive and format it and then when i go to install windows xp on it at says

Fatal Error:
One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.

The parameter is incorrect.

Please Help!

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi first time poster

Full specs: MSI Z68a-GD80 i5 2500k Gtx680 Asus Hitachi Deskstar 1tb (boot) KingstonSSD120gb (games)

So last night I shrunk my HDD partition by 100gb, intending to dual boot W8. Never got round to installing it, but when I turned on my PC tjis morning it won't boot. It shows the manufacturer logo then goes to a black.screen with a blinking underscore

I decided to try putting in my W7 disk in to repair, but it starts loading windows filesthen givesme an error about not bring able to communicate with a device.0xc0000009 I think. I thought my HDD might be the issue, but it does it also when my HDD is unplugged and just my SSDpluggedin

Worried my PC is bricked at this point cause I can't boot or repair from disk. Advice appreciated!

A:Need Help. W7 wont boot after resizing partition. Recovery wont work.

Try a linux boot disc and see if you can change the partition size a tiny bit with that. Gparted is your best bet:

GParted -- Download

If you can, that may fix the error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/307293-need-help-w7-wont-boot-after-resizing-partition-recovery-wont-work.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I wanted to transfer data to another hard drive and i hooked it up as a slave drive to my main drive and the first time i booted it up it did nothing and then i restarted and and wouldnt boot and gave me the message

NTLRD is missing
Please press any key to restart

then i unhooked the second hard drive and rebooted and got the same message, i hooked the second drive up to its original machine and got the same message on it too. what is goin on hear now nothing will boot. please need help, i cant lose all that data on both hardrives!

I sacraficed the first hard drive and format it and then when i go to install windows xp on it at says

Fatal Error:
One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.

The parameter is incorrect.

Please Help!

Relevancy 44.72%

OS Windows Vista Basic SP Hardware Intel Pentium Dual Core e processor gb ddr gb rpm sata hard disk gb allocated for recovery system DVD RW R Nvidia GeForce up to mb Packard Bell turn most Wont but sometimes even bsod. on does Newbie wont boot, times, Imedia d uk I give quick summary Im not at all good with tech knowledge mth old pc Wont boot But is temporamental Sometimes will turn on make noise and the dvd drive can open Other times wont even power up or even the odd time i get to the american trends black screen with some commands like f for SETUP f bb Newbie bsod. Wont boot, wont even turn on most times, but does sometimes popup Also noticed it said checksum bad My girlfriends pc this is It happened when she was using farmville Got the bsod PC was working really amazingly Newbie bsod. Wont boot, wont even turn on most times, but does sometimes beforehand like brand new Very little software on it and no music or movie downloads No file sharing Satisfactory AVG etc bsod arrrggh I noted down what i could from the first one before it restarted automatically PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA down the page after a bit of warning about recent software or hardware installations or missed windows updates this technical info STOP x xEE x x FQ D x collecting data for crash dump initializing disk for crash dump After autorestart it done a repair startup which at first looked like working and everything it seemed fine So i opened firefox browser which reopened the farmville page that had been on at the previous bsod Well it happened again except this time it froze After mins nothing was happening Still the same bsod as st time around except nothing was crash dumping I decided to turn off at the mains and press on button few seconds later Then i got black screen with options REPAIR STARTUP recommended START WINDOWS NORMALLY Use arrow keys to navigate Arrow keys didnt work to let me select the startup repair so it tried to start normally The screen just went black as in nothing happening After min I thought i would cut power and try to see if it would automatically try another repair startup but this time i tried to hold in f to try and get into safe mode Didnt work Just went to black page with American trends at top which usually pops up for a second at regular startup But it just stuck there It said down the page bad checksum and i had the option F SETUP f BB POPUP I wasnt sure what to do here I tried space and enter but nothing seemed to be working It was stuck again so I turned power off again

A:Newbie bsod. Wont boot, wont even turn on most times, but does sometimes

If I leave it alone for a few hrs, the system might seem like its going to work, the on switch goes blue lit, theres the normal beep it makes, the three lights on the keyboard flash, then i get packard bell screen for split second which gives me options like enter BIOS, but that scares me. Then it will go straight to the American Trends page i explained earlier and wont go further

Then if you switch power off again and see what happens, it may not even power up next time, no blue lit on, a split second of fan noise then nada. Or it may have nothing happen except you can hear the fan running and the dvd drive can open

Of course she cant find her vista disc!!! We will find it 2moro somewhere though. There is no important data on the pc so if it was possible to reinstall vista I would just leave it in to get fixed. I got quoted 25 pounds.

Can anyone help me out or have any clue. My brother had a problem last month with a firefox update which gave him similair trouble. But lucky for him, it resolved itself after 3 days of turning it on/off and hoping for the best

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/newbie-bsod-wont-boot-wont-even-turn-on-most-times-but-does-sometimes-534674.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys,
I have an issue with HP Pavilion p6-2316s which runs on Windows 8. have an issue where it goes to screen and tells me that "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC. Press Advanced Options to try to repair your pc or shut down to turn off your PC". Log file: C:\windows\System32\Logfile\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Need help on this issue if any of you know what's going on. Thank you. Please let me know if you need more info on the machine itself

jacal78

A:Windows 8 wont boot and wont do Auto Repaires

Do you have your Windows 8 CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-wont-boot-and-wont-do-auto-repaires-735537.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My hp2000 laptop in perfect condition and I am and I keep it very well maintenanced both physically and internally everything works great until I get a Windows 8.1 upgrade when I logged out I ended up having to charge my laptop later and it was blank white for maybe two seconds once I plugged it in then go to straight Amber and then do nothing and every time I take it off the charger and try to power it up and it finally just blink and then nothing I've tried to do it hard reset 20 - 30 times and I am getting nothing please help me figure this out

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-2000-laptop-wont-boot-or-it-wont-ha-rd-reset/td-p/5681525