Windows Support Forum

Laptop specs

Q: Laptop specs

Hello I'm going to buy a laptop for webbing, work, streaming movies but mostly gaming. I am wondering if it can run league of legends with constant 60fps without shadows but high resolution or minecraft with 100fps+ and maybe bo2 with smooth gameplay. The laptop is a Hp envy Intel i7 8gbs ram and gtx 850m with 4gb ram, here is full info http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnl...n_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_9#page_loaded

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop specs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop specs

Laptops are lousy gaming machines due the absence of a decent GPU.
I use my Dell (see profile for specs) for web development all the time and have
Apache, PHP, Perl, MySQL for local testing - - really cool!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-specs.212625/
Relevancy 49.88%

OS Name Microsoft? Windows Vista? Home Basic
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TOSHIBA-PC
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite M200
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2450 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 1.40, 8/7/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale Republic of the Philippines
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
User Name toshiba-PC\Superman
Time Zone Malay Peninsula Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 123 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.24 GB
Available Virtual Memory 805 MB
Page File Space 1.28 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

is it good or bad?

A:is this the specs of my laptop?

This is the sytem spec(Attachment), if you click UserCP, you can fill out your system specs.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238728-specs-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am a non geek so the specs I see are in geek language could someone tell me what I need in order to do the following I use to I Need buy Specs Laptop, a want Skype constantly and hate having to plugin a head set unless I am in a public place I travel a lot so lighter is better I might even consider one of the smaller computers as well as bigger laptop that can act more like a desktop I play and make I want to buy a Laptop, Need Specs videos I run lots of software programs simultaneously I like listening ot music while I browse I want my computer to be able to act like my TV and I want to buy a Laptop, Need Specs DVD player Overheating is a big concern So what are the specs I need I think as a manufacturer I am going to look for a Toshiba or ASUS if I am satisfied I can get the Asus serviced I might even consider a MAC although my last MAC was horrible and I had new fans one new battery and one new hard drive before I gave up and used it for nothing but Skype All help appreciated Take care BoomerMary nbsp

A:I want to buy a Laptop, Need Specs

we need to know you max budget and country you are in
a lot of machines come with webcam and mic integrated - so that would solve the skype issue
a lot of the small light machines do NOT have a DVD included - so that means taken more equipment around - there a couple of exceptions, I looked at a toshiba and samsung yesterday - 1.92 Kg
I play and make videos, I run lots of software programs simultaneously,Click to expand...

I would suggest you need a good CPU and a machine with 4GBs of memory
now you will pay a lot more for the CPU _ hence the need to know budget

A lot of machines have HDMI output now -even the cheap range - so that should connect to a HD TV - what connections do you have on the TV

I purchased quite a good machine on Wednesday - HP Q62 series - i3 processor, 4gb memory HDMI for less that £400 in UK (on special offer at Staples)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-buy-a-laptop-need-specs.942565/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi guys, i have a laptop toshiba m200 satellite and i dont know the specs of it, can anyone tell me how to know the specs of my laptop... tnx

A:how to know the specs of a laptop

Originally Posted by juanputik

hi guys, i have a laptop toshiba m200 satellite and i dont know the specs of it, can anyone tell me how to know the specs of my laptop... tnx

Hi juanputik, click on startmenu,> all programs > accesories > system tools & click on system information. Or try this handy tool developed by one of our members
http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...info-tool.html

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238722-how-know-specs-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, just wondering if anyone could advise if the following combo is any good for games on a laptop, just to play in med detail of course. Will it run games like dragon age origins and Rift?

Intel i5 480m, Nvidia Geforce GT 420M, 4g DDR3, it is a dell xps

i have a desktop which has an ati radeon hd 4670, amd phenom II x 4 955 and 4g ddr2, will i get similar or worse performance?

Did a bit of searching but not quite sure about all the stats.

Any advise greatly apprecated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-laptop-specs-please.173315/
Relevancy 49.88%

I need to buy a computer for college, so it should last me about 4 years. I'll mainly just be using office, browsing the web, listening to music, and watching movies every once in a while. I'm going into computer and electrical engineering, so I should be able to use some programming apps.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10192008

Is this computer adequate?

Is AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core unreliable/outdated?

Also, should I go for 32 bit or 64 bit Vista?
is 3GB of DDR2 system memory enough to run Vista smoothly?

Thanks you VERY much for any answers!!

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a laptop and need to know as much about it (specifications) as possible. Is there a program I can download and install that would give me this information?

All I know at this point is it's an:
HP
Windows 8
AMD A8-4500MAPU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.90 GHz
Memory/RAM - 6.00 GB (5.47 GB usable)
Product ID: 00179-60282-92509-AAOEM

Also need to know the maximum ram I can install? This computer is running very slow with nothing running at startup, Windows Updates are up-to-date. Nothing but the applications that came with it when it was new which are very basic ones are on the computer. The hard drive is virtually empty, and I did a restore to factory settings not long ago (month ago).

Anti-virus program (Norton 360) shows no viruses, SuperAntiSpyware shows no problems, Malwarebytes shows no malware. Temp folder emptied using &temp&, Internet cache empty, no defrag is suggested to be needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-specs-on-my-laptop.1158232/
Relevancy 49.88%

AMD ACER ASPIRE NOTEBOOK Operating System Linux Platform AMD Turion Mk Processor GHz x Kb L Cache Supporting AMD PowerNow amp Technology And AMD HyperTransport Technology Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress System Memory Mb Of DDR MHz Memory Upgradeable To Gb Using Two Sodimm Modules Dual-channel Support Display say specs u LAPTOP this on What can of the in WXGA Acer Crystalbrite TFT LCD X Pixel Resolution Graphics ATI Radeon Xpress Integrated D Graphics with up to Mb Of Shared System Memory ATI Dualview Support Million Colors Mpeg- DVD Hardware-assisted Capability S-video Tv-out Audio High-definition Audio Support Storage Gb Hard Disk Drive -in- Card Reader What can u say on the specs of this LAPTOP Supporting Secure Digital Sd Multimediacard MMC Memory Stick MS Memory Stick Pro MS Pro Xd-picture Card XD Optical Media Drive x DVD-super Multi Double-layer Drive Communication WLAN Acer Invilink b G Wi-fi Certified Solution Supporting Acer Signalup Wireless Technology Lan Fast Ethernet Wake-on-lan Ready Modem Kb Itu V With Ptt Approval Wake-on-ring Ready Profile Size And Weight W X D X H Mm X X Inches Kgs Lbs Power Acpi Cpu Power Management Standard Supports Standby And Hibernation Power-saving Modes Battery W Mah Li-ion Battery -cell -hour Battery Life -pin W Ac Adapter Special Keys And Controls - -key Keyboard Inverted T Cursor Layout Mm Minimum Key Travel Touchpad With -way Scroll Button Function Keys Four Media Keys Play Pause Stop Previous Next Four Cursor Keys Two Windows Keys Hotkey Controls Embedded Numeric Keypad International Language Support Four Easy-launch Buttons Empowering Key Internet Email User-programmable Two Front-access Communication Led Switches Wlan Bluetooth I O Ports Pc Card Slot Type Li Three Usb Ports VGA Port S-video Tv-out Ntsc Pal Port Headphones Speaker Line-out Jack With S Pdif Support Microphone-in Jack Line-in Jack Ethernet Rj- Port Modem Rj- Port Dc-in Jack For Ac Adapter is it good for gaming D and for photoshop nbsp

A:What can u say on the specs of this LAPTOP

For photoshop and basic everyday things like e-mail,spreadsheets,surfing the web,etc. it is more than enough. For gaming 3D, you are better off with a dual core with a dedicated graphics card. AMD Turion 64X2 or Intel C2D with ATI or Nvidia dedicated GPU and possibly a 7200rpm hard drive. Asus laptops are geared more toward gamers as are the Acer Ferrari series laptops. Alienware would be the best but are very expensive. Serious gaming is best done on quad core desktops since gaming laptop produce so much heat. I'm also not familiar with gaming on Linux. Gaming is best done on Windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-can-u-say-on-the-specs-of-this-laptop.778046/
Relevancy 49.88%

Someone has posted these specs on a laptop he has for sale:

Dell Inspiron 5160, Pentium 4, CPU 3.06 GHz, 1.83 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

What does he mean by "CPU 3.06 GHz, 1.83 GHz"

Is it 3.06 GHz or 1.83 GHz? Which is it?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys, my mom is planning to buy a laptop for me. Can you suggest what is the best specs that is capable for programming, gaming and high end software for video and image editing? Thank you and God bless.

A:laptop specs

does she have a budget
This will be quite expensive
What sort of gaming

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-specs.1167274/
Relevancy 49.88%

Dear All lenovo men I need to know the exact full specs of this laptop ??specially about processor and graphic card and also its price in middle east ??I searched all the internet to find exact specs and i found some general information which didnot saticfy me.and i want to know about its warranty. It is bought from saudi arabia and his owner try to sell it to me here in egypt so deos its waranty going in egypt ???Here is  the label down the laptop ?   Thanks & Best Regards,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/I-need-to-know-laptop-specs/td-p/3430799
Relevancy 49.45%

hey guys. so im not too sure on what my detailed specs of my laptop are. is there any program that you can run that will tell you every spec of your laptop? thanks

A:Detailed Specs for laptop

Yes, do a Google search for Everest, download the free version and run it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/detailed-specs-for-laptop.81765/
Relevancy 49.45%

I just got a new laptop as a present for my birthday it on Low specs recommended WoW fps laptop s a gh dual core with crappy m graphics and gb ram I went to system requirements lab and made sure I could run WoW on it I passed the recommended settings but it runns horribly on this computer I m not looking for fps Low WoW fps on recommended specs laptop max settings here I just want to to run well Low WoW fps on recommended specs laptop on the low of the low I currently have all settings on low and am getting fps with defender on I don t see how a laptop that passes recommended system specs is only getting fps on all low settings I ve updated drivers since I ve gotten it and the only thing that seemed to increase performance was disabling Defender Is there anythign else I can do to increase performace Beacause I think my system should be handling the game a little bit better I just want to get near fps on all low settings My dad had a or so year old laptop that would run WoW pretty well on and this laptop isn t getting anywhere I found a problem when messing around with the game some more When I go to windowed mode this happens http i photobucket com albums oo Foe wowproblem jpg Could there be a hardware problem perhaps Or is this just a software glitch I ve updated all of my drivers nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Well here we go again another day My some specs advice laptop Could please have I of on this PC engineer has come up with three new laptops two with touch screens and only one with no touch Here are the details of the one that he is offered me for a good price Could I please have some advice on the specs of this laptop Please Many Thanks Acer Aspire E series Processor Intel Core i - U Dual Core GHz Intel Turbo Boost up to GHz Screen quot x HD Resolution Operating System Microsoft Windows -bit RAM GB DDR Hard Drive GB Optical Drive Could I please have some advice on specs of this laptop DVD Rewriter Records DVDs x amp CDs x amp Dual Layer Super Multi Graphics Integrated Intel HD Graphics Wireless Could I please have some advice on specs of this laptop LAN Wireless b g n Wireless Network Card Gigabit Fast Ethernet Integrated Webcam Integrated Webcam with Microphone Card Reader -in- card reader SD SDHC MMC USB Ports x USB x USB Bluetooth Bluetooth Speakers Integrated Sound Could I please have some advice on specs of this laptop System VGA Port External VGA Port Kensington Lock Kensington lock slot Charge Time Hours HDMI Port x HDMI Port Warranty Months Acer Collect amp Return Battery Life - Hours up to hours with power management Weight - Kg This Model Kg Thank You

A:Could I please have some advice on specs of this laptop

This looks like a nice laptop if you do not mind having a low resolution.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49829-could-i-please-have-some-advice-specs-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys I've just bought a HP 6735s Laptop,it has 1gig Ram,AMD Sempron SI-40 2GHz Processor,160HDD & Vista Basic.I Believe the mobo is a HP 30E4 KBC Version 94.1B? not sure and was wondering the limitations on upgrading? Also has a ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Card,is it any good? cheerz

A:HP 6735s laptop specs

Hi Jaffa,

It depends what you want to upgrade.

Is this your lappy?
HP Compaq 6735s Notebook PC specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products

Realistically the only upgrades worth considering would be a bigger HD and some more RAM. Going to 2GB at least would make it feel a bit more snappier.

As for the 3200, it depends what you want to do with it. If it's for games, then unfortunately no, it's not much chop in that department.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218549-hp-6735s-laptop-specs.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Greattings, the question is about my new laptop is the laptop good for video editing and for entertainment purpose because im not good with computer's components and any other stuff, so here are the laptops specifications:
Acer Aspire E5-573G
Processor generation - Broadwell (Intel)
CPU:Intel Core? i5-5200U Processor 2.2 GHz - 2,7 GHz Turbo
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 - 1600 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 940M - 4 GB DDR3
HHD: 1000GB - 1TB 5400 spin./min
give me any suggestion how i could improve it or what kind of other laptops i should use from all of the above mentioned and thank you for viewing this. :)

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/help-suggestions-about-laptops-specs-4600100/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone I m looking to get a laptop sometime in the near future as a portable supplement to my desktop system In looking through the specs I m finding that I ve gotten somewhat out of touch with the way processor speeds are measured Back when I was your age I sound like an old man on a ti raid you could tell how fast a processor was by it s clock speed or model number AMD s were etc Intel s were etc You got the fastest processor you could afford by picking the highest number you could afford Now it s gotten really confusing with bit processors dual cores quad cores and slower clock speeds are Processor Specs Laptop faster than higher ones sometimes And I m sure half of it is just marketing and buzzwords Basically my desktop machine has an AMD Athlon tm Processor GB RAM x and I m running a bit operating system I would like for my new laptop to be able to match or exceed my desktops speed but have no idea how that translates into modern processor speeds though If someone could explain this that would be helpful Or if someone knows of a great laptop deal etc and wants to share Basically I m looking for or inch good resolution No bundled commercial operating system Less than Not ugly I build my own desktops and am not opposed to building my own laptop if there s an advantage to it Thanks Nick nbsp

A:Laptop Processor Specs

Is this good for $1,443, w/ free shipping?:

Processor: Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4 GHz 800 MHz FSB 4 MB L2
Ram: 2 GB - 2 x 1 GB DDR2 667 MHZ
HD: 120 GB 7200 RPM SATA
Display: 15.4" Widescreen WXGA+ (1440 x 900)
Graphics: nVidia 512 MB GeForce 8600M GT
Audio Output: Realtek ALC 268
Networking: Ethernet (LAN), WiFi
Wireless: 802.11 agn
Expansion: Express Card
Ports: VGA, 4x USB 2.0, MIC-In, Headphone Out, FireWire 1394, S-Video
Camera: Built-In Webcam
Card Reader: 3 in 1 Card Reader
Battery: 9 Cell Lithium Ion
Battery Life: 3 hours
Dimensions: 14.20" x 10.43" x 1.74" (WxDxH)
Weight: 5.9 lbs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor-specs.675356/
Relevancy 49.45%

These are some specs for a gaming laptop I am looking at: PROCESSORNEW Intel® Core? i5-430M 2.26GHz (2.53GHz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)

OPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

HD DISPLAY15.6? High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife? and Camera

MEMORY4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz

HARD DRIVE500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)

GRAPHICS CARDATI Mobility Radeon? HD 5470, 1GB
OPTICAL DRIVE8X CD/DVD Burner + Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning - Enhanced Burn/Authoring

BATTERY OPTIONS85 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)

WIRELESS CARDIntel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6200

BLUETOOTHDell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Internal (2.1)

SOUND OPTIONSSoundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled
Just wondering if this would be good for an ok-ish gaming laptop.

A:Specs for Gaming Laptop

This looks like a nice laptop. Whats the model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-for-gaming-laptop.205950/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys,

I wanted to know what are the specifications I should really focus on when I want to buy a laptop ( What's good, what's bad ..etc ).

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi. I'm looking into buying a used laptop on ebay. What i need/want it for is to be able to do media and for it to run quicken. For more specific reasons on the media stand point; is to run internet explorer, iTunes, and perfect world international. (mmorpg) Which processor should i choose? I want it to run fast but i'm a lil short on cash. My budget is $0- $400. If i can get it cheaper great if not...I don't know HELP!

Relevancy 49.02%

As my post says I need the specs of both drives, paticularly the type of termination (active, etc). (I am definately NOT a SCSI savvy person)

Heres my problem I have a proprietary graphics computer that uses standard SCSI hard drives up to about 340mb for saving images. It is compatible with most Quantum LPS/Prodrive and Conner drives, especially the 120mb and 270mb versions.
Anyway I got a large number of IBM WDS3160's due to the lack of the latter and they do not work properly.

With the ibm drives I have problems with line noise and detection.

What is the difference (electronically) between an IBM WDS-3160 and a Conner 30100 drive? Is there any way I can get the IBM drive to function similarly to a Conner 30100?

Please note that I am only using one drive in the system.

Thanx for any help

A:Need IBM WDS-3160 specs and Conner cp30100 specs major trouble

I believe I've found a difference between the two drives, it seems that the conner unit automatically enables SCSI parity and the ibm drive makes no mention of it.
Do any of you think this could be the issue? If so how would I enable parity on the ibm drive?

Thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-ibm-wds-3160-specs-and-conner-cp30100-specs-major-trouble.116852/
Relevancy 49.02%

I m in the Navy and getting ready to go on a ship so you can imagine how that goes I want a good gaming laptop to use in my time off to keep me busy I would like to play Oblivion single-player time killer and I can get into FPS and RTS games especially if there are others involved in the action too So keep that a to gaming (specs buy Looking laptop inside!) in mind when you re looking at this I ve never been much of a big-time pc gamer so I m not exactly up to par on graphics card standards and such But here is what I m looking at right now Toshiba is having a sale off on select customized laptops until May st So they quote this system at a retail of some dollars but since there Looking to buy a gaming laptop (specs inside!) is a sale its only Toshiba Satellite P -ST CPU Intel Core amp Duo Processor T GHz MB L MHz FSB Operating System Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium -Bit Memory MB PC DDR MHz SDRAM MBx LCD quot Diagonal Widescreen WXGA TruBrite display x Graphics Controller ATI Mobility Radeon amp HD with MB DDR discrete memory up to MB allocated Looking to buy a gaming laptop (specs inside!) shared graphics memory HDD GB HDD rpm Serial-ATA Optical Media DVD SuperMulti DVD SuperMulti -R double layer with Labelflash amp drive Looking to buy a gaming laptop (specs inside!) Mini-PCI WiFi Intel Wireless WiFi Link AGN a g n Bluetooth Bluetooth Version EDR Battery Lithium Ion battery -Cell mAh All this for So is this a good deal Is there a better option out there for close to the same price range Will I be able to play some high end games such as Oblivion I d appreciate your opinions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Engineering laptop for my wife in graduate school. Run about $2500 for everything , I really dont know but is this a good laptop for her and would anyone have any other suggestions about going about building one? Looking for longevity, reliability, speed, price is not an option.

Toshiba Laptop
Satellite P100-ST7211 -
Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz; 2MB L2 Cache; 667MHz FSB), Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition, Sunlight Copper, 1024MB PC5300 DDR2 667MHz SDRAM (512MBx2), 17" Widescreen SXGA+ TruBrite™ display (1680x1050), NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7600 with 128MB discrete graphics memory, 100GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial-ATA), DVD SuperMulti drive (+/-R Double Layer), Intel® PRO/Wireless LAN 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g), Bluetooth® (v.2.0) + EDR, Li-Ion Battery (9-Cell),

Toshiba 4-Year SystemGuard + 2nd/3rd/4th Year Extended Service Plan

Toshiba 512MB USB High-Speed Flash Drive

NETGEAR. 802.11g Cable/DSL Wireless Router

Toshiba USB Mini Optical Scroller Mouse with Retractable Cord

Targus Retractable Network ISDN Cord

Garmin GPS 18 USB Package

A:Laptop built - plz comment on specs

"Building" one is not an option, in the context of buiding a desktop.

All laptop parts are usually proprietary to the maker, there is no such thing as a "generic" laptop motherboard, case etc.

Hence buying a branded one, but perhaps exercising what customisable options within any model is about as far as you can go.

My advice is, find the lightest you can get with acceptable speed. After lugging it around all day, you will soon see what I mean.

The laptop you suggest seems a bit heavy for me, but the price goes up as the weight goes down .... The weight suggests its more of a "desktop replacement" than a very portable laptop. I would be aiming for something under 5 lbs, but perhaps I am a wimp...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-built-plz-comment-on-specs.495929/
Relevancy 49.02%

I had a free old Dell Inspiron 1100 fall into my lap today. It needs a screen and I'm also thinking of upgrading the processor.

Can someone tell me how I can find out what socket type the processor is and what the fastest Pentium 4 processor is that it will take?

I have seen Pentium 4 processors before that were the same speed and because of some other detail about the processor, one would work in a certain system and the other would not. So, are there details about the processor selection I should know?

A:Solved: Need help with specs on thios laptop.

Sorry to have bothered. It's a socket-478 and 2.4 GHz is a fast as this board will handle. Fortunately, I had a 2.2-GHz in a drawaer in the shop. I replaced the 2.2-GHz Celeron with the 2.2-GHz Pentium 4 and the performance jumped considerably.

Celerons are definitely better . . . than nothing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-with-specs-on-thios-laptop.860940/
Relevancy 49.02%

Having trouble on HP website finding my specifications for my laptop that is locking up on me.I am looking for mother board type and manufacture and hard drive info. A earlier post was answered by someone saying I needed to replace the hard drive. Naturally I want to put back the same hard drive. Can anyone tell me where to find the hard drive specs.  From HP for the DV9230US?Thank you in advanceSteve

Mr Steve2007

A:Trouble finding HP specs. for my laptop

No need to put back the same hard drive but if you want to do that you can just pull the old one and look at it. HP used a variety of different brands of hard drives then and still does. You can replace it with any 2.5 inch wide and 9.5 or 7mm thick SATA laptop hard drive of which there are infinite options. Your model is past ordinary support. HP has pulled all the Manuals and spec pages.  From what I can find, it was a 100gb 5400 rpm drive which is too small really in today's computing world. I suggest a 250 or 320 gig drive and in the US you are looking at around $40 for it on amazon.com or similar. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Trouble-finding-HP-specs-for-my-laptop/td-p/5844638
Relevancy 49.02%

Sir I hav bought new Dell Inspiron N5520 core i7 8gb ram 1gb internal(Intel) and 1gb external(AMD) graphics card , 1 TB HDD
With this specs my my system is slow?
I've installed oracle Xe Database,other oracle ADF software's and Jdevelopr 11g
please tell me when i had not use these software , why my computer is still slow?
including boot time

A:My hi specs dell laptop is too slow

When you purchased the laptop, did you erase all the bloatware that usually comes along with it? You can look into optimizing the laptop by getting rid of services and processes you don't need and you can think about purchasing a SSD for a real speed increase in read/write. This forum has great guides that can help you optimize your laptop, you can take a look at them here : Tutorials - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/287017-my-hi-specs-dell-laptop-too-slow.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello First thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer me I am a recent high school graduate and as a graduation gift my grandparents are going to buy me a new laptop My grandpa was Buying Specs. with Help Laptop New Custom Please a former employee Buying New Laptop with Custom Specs. Please Help of Hewlett Packard and he gets a significant discount from buying HP so the laptop must be an HP Also the price limit is He is going to have it custom-made Buying New Laptop with Custom Specs. Please Help by the HP people according to certain specifications I want need Can you please help me decide what specifications are best I don t know what much of the information about computers means and I want to make an informed decision about what is best with help Buying New Laptop with Custom Specs. Please Help from experts Some of the things I deem neccessary are as follows Windows WebCam At least GB of memory I will likely need more based on my major Wireless Internet capability Microsoft Office I know there s a lot more to computers than this I just don t know what is deemed acceptable in terms of the specifications or what is considered the minimum one should have in terms of these specs Please give me a list of specifications I should have for my new computer followed by a short description reason why that is neccessary Any help you can give me is very much appreciated even if you only have one recommendation I welcome it as it is much more than I know myself Thank you again for your help nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone I hope I am posting in the correct forum I need some help in deciphering what will be the best option between a couple of laptops Need specs, comparing is the in option?? better please help which laptop that I am interested in The laptop that I purchased is HP Intel Core Duo T GHz MB DDR SDRAM GB hard drive dv ca http www futureshop ca catalog proddetail asp logon amp langid EN amp sku id FS amp catid I purchased it because of the Core Duo and the large HD GB not that I would need that much but the other laptop that I wanted to purchase was sold out so Future Need help please in comparing laptop specs, which is the better option?? Shop sold me this one at a discounted price of The salesman did a great job of selling this one and it all happened so fast that I didnt have a Need help please in comparing laptop specs, which is the better option?? chance to ask any questions It looked like a great buy except when I received Need help please in comparing laptop specs, which is the better option?? an opinion from a friend I was told the graphics card is not the greatest and that MHz system bus is too slow compared to its specs The laptop that I wanted to purchase is the HP Pavilion AMD Turion X Dual Core TL- GHz GB GB hard drive dv ca http www futureshop ca catalog proddetail asp logon amp langid EN amp sku id FS amp catid I was told that this was comparable in speed to a Core Duo and apparantly it has a better video graphics card and the system bus is MHz So my question is can someone please tell me which is the better laptop between the two based on all of the specs the link for each will provide more detail I don t really need GB of hard drive space GB will be sufficient So having said that if someone can compare everything else for me the difference in the processors speed other features etc I would greatly appreciate it Thank you nbsp

A:Need help please in comparing laptop specs, which is the better option??

While the bus on Intel and AMD processors is different, the AMD may have the 1600Mhz HyperTransport bus while the Intel one uses a 667Mhz Front Side Bus, and the clock speeds are slightly lower on the Intel but the overall performance should be quite similar. The design of the Core 2 Duo's is very efficient and well suited to laptop designs.

The integrated video on the Intel one might actually be better, synthetic benchmark numbers (like 3DMARK06) on the Intel GMA X3100 are actually quite good for an integrated graphics chip, better then on the Geforce 6150. Neither is a gaming solution but for average use and the Vista Aero interface they are more then adequate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-please-in-comparing-laptop-specs-which-is-the-better-option.627927/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, i'm new here hope you can help me with my query.. Thanks

I have a lenovo g570 essential series and its almost an 4years old. It has 2 gb ram. I use it only for making word documents and browsing. It lags frequently and the chrome browser often says not responding. Is that legit? What are some of the ways to ensure maximum performance? ( i already have avast anti virus, ran ccleaner several times, and cleared cache)

thanks in advance..

A:laptop lags a lot although specs are decent enough.

Its the 2Gb ram thats killing it, thats the bare minimum for W7 Ultimate.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392540-laptop-lags-lot-although-specs-decent-enough.html
Relevancy 49.02%

PROCESSOR - Intel® Core™ i7 2760QM 2.4GHz (3.5GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)
OPERATING SYSTEM - Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
WIRELESS CARDS - Killer™ Wireless-N 1103 a/g/n 2x2 MIMO for Gaming & Video
MEMORY - 6GB DDR3 at 1600MHz
VIDEO CARD - 3.0GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M using NVIDIA Optimus™ technology
HARD DRIVE - 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE - 8x SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Slot Load Optical Drive
SOUND OPTIONS - Soundblaster® X-Fi™ Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled
BLUETOOTH - Internal Bluetooth 3.0
So, these are the specs of the laptop I'm considering buying. I want to know what you guys think of it, and what do you think it costs? Also, is there anything else you would consider for a higher end laptop for gaming?

Relevancy 49.02%

First, what 'types' of hard drives are there? Yes, I really don't know what I'm asking, but every time I read a laptop review, there's either a Serial ATA, HDD, or just normal ATA. What's the difference between them? I've noticed that most laptops have SATA; is it the norm for laptops?

Second, what Intel processors can be used in laptops? I know that the Core family is obviously used, but what about the Celeron? I've never seen any Celeron processors in laptops. Would Celerons be better performance and efficiency-wise?

Third, if a laptop has a NVIDIA graphics card, is that good? I read somewhere that if a NVIDIA graphics card is in a laptop, that's good enough for a frequent gamer even if it's the worst NVIDIA card. A side-question: what's the least best ATI card needed for a frequent gamer?

A:Quick questions on laptop specs

SATA is the standard used in both desktops and laptops nowadays. Faster than ATA. HDD just stands for Hard Disk Drive.

Intel Core 2s are pretty much the best laptop CPUs. Celerons are old and quite crappy.

Hmm. Depends on the games you're going to play. The crappiest NVIDIAs and Atis are both enough for very light gaming, but you'd need to look for Nvidia 8xxx series or GT1xx series and Radeon 3xxx, preferably better for something you could actually call 3D gaming enjoyably.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-questions-on-laptop-specs.844368/
Relevancy 48.59%

Which Intel P4 Processor and what storage options to use?

Hello everyone. I need to spec out a new testing PC for work, so I'm asking for some opinions. The role this thing will play is a VMware test machine. I will be creating VMware images to run application tests, break/fix, troubleshooting, etc. The operating systems on the images will likely be Server 2003 and XP. So I was thinking of 2 gigs memory, but that may be too conservative. The help I really need is with the CPU and storage. I obviously want a multi core/hyperthreaded CPU, but which one? Hot swapapble RAID would be nice, but what level, and do I need a stand-alone RAID controller or can I use the mobo's?

Thanks all, in advance.

A:Specs I need, give me specs. Opinion Sollicitation for work PC...

The Xeon Line of CPU's usally do very well in a server like setup. Alot of the time you can get the dual CPU motherboards. If you perfer though maybe one of the new Intel Dual Cores will run well, although im not sure, most servers I know of run dual Xeon's.

As for storage, if you have the money, get SCSI contolers and RAID SCSI drives. They are alot quicker.

And 2GB of RAM seems fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-i-need-give-me-specs-opinion-sollicitation-for-work-pc.35001/
Relevancy 48.16%

it s a year and a half old and I ve barely used it since it s soooooo slow and messy Can t major Good useless laptop, lag specs, exchange it because of a problem with the warranty and if I want to repair it with the original manufacturer I might as well buy a new laptop from a different brand X x Specs HP DM - SF Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows dition Familiale Premium Good specs, useless laptop, major lag bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated I tried a few diagnostics software that didn t tell me much aside from the fact that it performs below standards for this model And tested the Ram to see if the problem came from there The ram test results were normal performance But that s as far as I got without opening it up I really want to fix it myself if I can so if you could suggest some diagnostic tools that could help me figure out what the problem is or some tools to Good specs, useless laptop, major lag open it up and dig in and below are the symptoms with no other programs running Major lag can t even see what I type as I type it of the time Music can t play a single song without the sound breaking up and screeching Video Can t play video without Good specs, useless laptop, major lag stopping and pixelating every few minutes Firefox the image freezes or black s out completely whenever it feels like it Chrome stays on top so I have to minimize it if I want to look at anything else Word can t see what I type which is a problem when it skips letters I type on top of regular typoes that take forever to fix Thank you for any assistance or pointers you can give me nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

My friend asked me to fix his laptop since all he knows how to do is go online. I took it home with me and took a look and the thing has so much spyware and adware in it that it takes nearly 5 min just to start up. So when i finally got to windows I looked around and he doesn't really have any programs or files that I can't replace or re-install. So what I want to do is restore the laptop back to how it was out of the box. Only problem is he has no recovery disk. It is an Averatec laptop, an older one, and wanted to know if there was a way to do this without the recovery disk? I called averatec and they wanted $20 for the disk and it will take 7-10 days to get it. I was kinda hoping to do this this weekend. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, Thinking about getting a 2nd hand laptop Lenovo Yoga S1 which appears reported on the Lenovo site as 'Product: Yoga Laptop (ThinkPad)  Product MTM: 20C0S0UG00' but I cannot find its specs anywhere. Could someone point me to a document with its details pls?  Thank you!

A:Where to find the specs of "Yoga Laptop (ThinkPad)...

Hi.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer. I good starting point it is aways the PSREF books, (http://psref.lenovo.com/) but on this case I was not able to find the model you are looking for.

Maybe someone else can give us hand on which is a good place to look for it.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Where-to-find-the-specs-of-quot-Yoga-Laptop-ThinkPad-Product-MTM/td-p/3372261
Relevancy 48.16%

It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally going to buy a laptop. Running/learning Photoshop is one of the primary reasons for the purchase, so I'm looking for minimum specs that my laptop should have.

I'm not talking the minimum specs that Adobe requires, I'm talking about minimum specs to get reasonably good performance from Photoshop.

Thanks all.

A:What are some minimum laptop specs for running Photoshop?

Laptops are quite cheap these days - to get a machine with 1GB of memory is quite common - staples in UK had a deal just before xmas for a machine for £399

I use photoshop on 512M of memory editing 27MB files OK
my laptop is a HP dv5094ea
1GB of memory
seperate 128M graphics card - few have seperate cards - most are intergrated
AMD Turion64 and it works great with PS

however, I do prefer a big monitor when doing detailed work - so you may find this the limitation

hope that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-some-minimum-laptop-specs-for-running-photoshop.535075/
Relevancy 48.16%

hi all
Having decided to keep my CSc camera and editing raw files, I have exposed the speed / capabilities of my currrent laptop (dell xps i7 (2nd generation) with 8gb ram). Last year I installed an ssd which made a colossal difference but think the processor (i7 2670QM 2.2ghz up to 3.1ghz) is now limiting (possibly the ram too 1333MHz DDR3).
i have a budget of around £1200 max and don't have space for a desktop. I borderline hate dell as I have had two of their laptops, and work laptops, which have all had issues. So would rather not stay with dell.
Any recommendations for that price? I have seen hp 360 and Lenovo yoga as good alternatives with great reviews.
Is an i7 a must or an i5 good enough too? Is 16gb ram key or 8gb enough with later expansion if needed?
thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-photo-editing-specs-thoughts-4611042/
Relevancy 48.16%

I got a used HP off of craigslist, because my Toshiba laptop crashed. I replaced the Hard drive with the one from the Toshiba, but now the CPU thinks it's still a Toshiba! It's trying to look for drives that don't exist, the Bit rate is mixed up, and i can't do certain things because of it! The OS was from the Toshiba, and i'm not sure which specs are contained in the Hard drive. Please help!

A:Toshiba Hard drive specs on HP Laptop

Hello there, It's apparent that you are trying to run the HP machine by replacing its HDD with a third part HDD (Toshiba in this case).However, the computer works best (with all its features and modules) only with the platform that it built on (which includes the operating system as well).Please try to replace it with its geneic HDD and the OS it came with, and check if it works fine.I'm sure there would be no problem after that.  Cheers!

I am an HP employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Toshiba-Hard-drive-specs-on-HP-Laptop/td-p/5627025
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey Guys I respect everyone s opinion To Good Record Specs Laptop Enough Games? Are My I have come to you guys with a problem and a question So currently I record games with Reflector for my Ios Android Games and Elgato for my Console games Now I am trying to record PC games I tried recording the last few days Are My Laptop Specs Good Enough To Record Games? and have only run into problems Are My Laptop Specs Good Enough To Record Games? with lag and other issues So I was wondering if my laptop specs were good enough to record PC games without lag or other issues I have a Asus Notebook Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz GHz RAM GB -bit Operating System x -based processor GeForce m graphics card TB Hard Drive Windows and currently using Open Broadcast Software to record my PC gameplay And I have only tried to record the new game Stranded Deep So I have been having problems with Lag in all my gameplay unless I turn down my quality to toaster mode Are these specs good enough to actually record smooth good quality gameplay out of Or do I need to upgrade my equipment Let me know if you guys need any other information Thank you guys for any help You guys are always helpful nbsp

A:Are My Laptop Specs Good Enough To Record Games?

Where are you getting the games from that you are recording? ie: Amazon, game manufacturer's websit etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-my-laptop-specs-good-enough-to-record-games.1142720/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have Toshiba harman/kardon with intel cpu t3400 2.16ghz and 3072MB ram.
There was windows xp on the laptop before now i'm going to format the laptop and put a new clean windows on it.

What windows version i can put on it higher then windows xp ? Will it hold winmdws 8/8.1 ?

A:Can i put windows 8 on my laptop ? Hardware specs inside

Run the 8.1 Upgrade Assistant: Upgrade Assistant: FAQ - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57485-can-i-put-windows-8-my-laptop-hardware-specs-inside.html
Relevancy 48.16%

[lease help bought my laptop used have no reboot disk and want to take it back to factory specs how can i do this without buying the disks from compaq

A:need help taking my laptop back to factory specs

Hit the f10 button repeatedly until your recovery partition comes up and then follow the prompts. (When you start/boot)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-taking-my-laptop-back-to-factory-specs.1027932/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hewlett-Packard Compaq Pressario CQ40-104AX ? Bigbasz’s Personal Blog

Ignore the language, I just want to show you the specs (scroll down a little bit to find it).

FYI I upgraded this laptop's RAM to 3 GB.

I use Driver Genius regularly to keep the drivers updated. And of course Ccleaner to keep the system clean.

I'm pretty sure this OS is free of virus/malware.

Not sure if you know DotA (defense of the ancient), but this laptop can barely play DotA. I use 1024x768 screen resolution. When the battle starts, it lags. Thanks to the lag, I often lose the battles. -.-

And no, I am not interested to play other games. Just DotA on this laptop.

Kindly give me suggestions to improve the performance? Maybe downgrade to XP?

A:This laptop specs aren't good enough for Windows 7 Ultimate?

If you upgraded RAM to 3GB I'm not sure downgrading to XP would give you much more than let's say 5-10% speed up, if that much, probably not. The problem is with laptop you can't upgrade much beyond memory and you already did that. I'm not familiar with the game, but is it graphic intensive, CPU intensive or both? Lower resolution to 640x400, see if it helps any, check system resources during game, does it run out of RAM and trashing the hard drive, is CPU pegged at 100% and can't do no more, is the graphics too intensive and need to lower the settings? At the end there is not much you can do. You could try to see if overclocking is possible for CPU and GPU, could probably get 5-10% if it's doable, maybe upgrade CPU all together (I think they go up to 2.4GHz). At the end new faster laptop may be less expensive in the long run.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/210726-laptop-specs-arent-good-enough-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 47.73%

in choosing between a laptop or a desktop, I am
comparing these two with the same specs:

Acer Aspire AS5750-6461 15.6" Notebook Computer
2.3GHz Intel Core i3-2350M Dual-Core
4GB of 1066MHz DDR3 RAM
500GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000
1366 x 768 Native Resolution
SuperMulti DVD Burner
802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Gigabit Ethernet
Integrated Webcam, Microphone & Speakers
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
$395

vs.

Lenovo IdeaCentre H330 Desktop PC - 778-05PU
Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz / 4GB DDR3 / 500GB HDD /
DVD±R/RW / Intel HD Graphics 2000 /
$500 + 20" ($120) = $620.

$220 for what? 1GHZ and 4.4"?

Relevancy 47.73%

The laptop just runs very slow. I need the laptop to run faster. No games are played on it. Maybe some overclocking or just some basic cleaning info or value changes. Thank you

Compaq Presario 2500
win xp home sr2
Inel celeron 2.40 GHz
2.39 GHz, 192 MB ram
Radeon igp 345M

A:Compaq laptop slow.. specs inside, need speed

Howdy,

I would get some more memory in that laptop if you can

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-slow-specs-inside-need-speed.535274/
Relevancy 47.73%

Im looking into an affordable laptop and i play mostly battlefield 2, and oblivian. im looking at this laptop and it appears to be decent for my price range, and im not just buying it for the gaming but it looks like it will do that too. does anyone know anything about this or have one or know how well it will run these games?

heres the specs.
http://www.gadget-inspector.com/notebooks_reviews/gateway_notebooks/gateway_mx7527_review.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-mx7527-is-this-a-decent-laptop-check-the-specs.621069/
Relevancy 47.73%

My (h)ell laptop is running extremely slow. Last time this happened a couple of months ago and I did a restore to factory defaults

Please help.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have an hp dv6t-1359 specs are

Windows 7 Home Premium

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 298 GB
Disk partition (C 198 GB Free (285 GB Total)
Disk partition (D 2 GB Free (13 GB Total)
Media drive (E CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Total available graphics memory 1695 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1631 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.1872
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Network Adapter Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter

A:Need opinion on current laptop specs and suggestion for new video card

You can't upgrade the graphics card in a laptop. What programs cause it to crash?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-opinion-on-current-laptop-specs-and-suggestion-for-new-video-card.137757/
Relevancy 46.01%

I made a previous post about a computer I was planning to buy and whether Fallout 3 can run on those specs. But there's been a change of plans. The computer is sold out and outta stock so this is my second choice to buy Costco.

Would this computer with these specs run Fallout 3 at least above medium settings?

HP Pavilion e9280t Desktop
Intel Core i7 Processor
1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650
9GB RAM
1TB Hard drive
Windows 7 Home Premium

A:(Different specs) So would this computer with these specs be able to run Fallout 3?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/different-specs-so-would-this-computer-with-these-specs-be-able-to-run-fallout-3.879533/
Relevancy 34.4%

- im BLOODLUST from cebu philippines im just years old and i dont know much about harware components im about to build my own PC but im not sure about my hardware components can any help me budget and chose the right component PROCESSOR -Athlon w fan boxed -P MOTHERBOARD -MSI K N NEO-FSR for athlon -P RAM -PQI MB PC DDR -P HARDDRIVE - gig Seagate sata -P MONITOR -LG quot T SH Flatron EZ black -P -Size quot Max resolution x Video input RGB Analog Inteface Pin D-Sub Regulation Compliance Low Radiation TCO- MPR-II Safety UL CSA TUV-GS SEMKO EMC FCC-B CE VCCI- X-RAY DHHS HWC ROV Ergonomics ISO - Power Saving EPA Energy Star ETC GOST C-TICK Cabinet Black OPTICAL DRIVES -LG X GSA- B multi dvd-writer -P -LG x x x x CDRW DVD black -P TABLE -Delta A blue w holder -P Specs My CASE -ROGA CX aluminum w kybrd only -P COOLING SYSTEMS -Coolermaster Aero Lite -P -Model ASB-V Blower s new design let the cooler able to blow towards the center of the heat sink More powerful blowers produce larger air pressure than traditional axial fans External fan speed adjustment on PCI and quot bracket allows user to set the desired fan speed to RPM without opening up the chassis Improved thumb-clip to avoid blocking with PSU or RAM modules -Thermaltake TR - M speed control -P -Coolemaster Fan mm -P VIDEO CARD -Inno d FX MB -P TOTAL US dollar P Philippine Peso -what can i upgrade degrade to minimize my cost nbsp

A:My Specs

So is $930 your max budget? Well you could save a little by not getting a CDburner ,as you already have a DVDburner listed. If you want to be playing games, you might want to go for a better graphics card, so maybe goto a 3000 athlon chip rather than the 3200 if you cant increase the amount you can spend.

Cant really help more, without knowing what your max budget is, and what you will be doing with the machine (games playing/just browsing net/etc)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-specs.402732/
Relevancy 34.4%
Q: specs

First I appologize for the many partial threads.I am trying to uas my phone to communicate with you and it is new and uframilar here are the p
Intel pent 4
8kd
512 km
Intel 865pe or 865g
8 channel
32 bits
Dual channe
Ddr sdam
Integrated intel pro10/100

Windows xp pro

A:specs

Which thread are you replying to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/specs-686318.html
Relevancy 34.4%

How do I see what kind of PSU I have?

I'm a moron, but I'm anappreciative one.

Thanks.

A:What are my PSU specs?

I am assuming that this is a desktop. Just open the side of your PC and on the label of your PSU will be the watage rating and sometimes that ampage rating.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-my-psu-specs.1034616/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey everyone new to the boards Im an avid counter-strike source New rig: specs? CSS player trying to run the game on a single-core very outdated machine and am about to upgrade Ive been looking into Puget Velocity Micro and Falcon- Northwest systems Im still debating but New rig: CSS specs? the Falcon machine looks a bit too good to pass up Heres the possible specs TJ- - Black Anodized Silverstone Watt Strider - Modular nVidia nForce I - SLI Intel Core Duo E GHz Zalman CNPS B-ALCU LED GB X GB MHZ DDR x nVidia GTS MB Integrated On-Board Audio Seagate GB MB Cache SATA Lite-On X DVD -RW W Lightscribe Sony in Floppy-Black Windows XP Pro - Bit Samsung amp - x Enermax Quiet Mag-Lev Fans Year - Parts and Labor Known issues with this configuration None System Price question would this be a good setup for high FPS games such as css I used to have pretty bad choke and reg and around fps I want an extreme increase in performance what do you guys think nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi

My friend wants to play this game:

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

His current computer is not upto much so he wants to buy a cheap system to play it on. By the looks of it, this system looks upto it, but i'm not sure on graphics provision. Can someone take a look and see if it is (we're gonna put another 1GB of RAM in)?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Compaq...t=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item3a73c9c652

If not, can you recommend a video card that I could fit to this system so it can cope with the game?

Thanks for your help...
I.T Girl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs-help-please.1051805/
Relevancy 34.4%
Q: Specs

Okay I need detailed specs of a Dell Dimension 4100 desktop pc.. i know its old but i just need the specs(i.e- motherboard,max ram etc...)

THNX SO MUCH

A:Specs

http://www.labdv.com/leon-lab/pc/multiboot/dell_4100_en.htm
Do a Google search next time. There are 260,000 results for Dell Dimension 4100.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs.401595/
Relevancy 34.4%

PC specs:
4GB RAM DDR2 800 Kingston
XFX Geforce 8800GT 512MB
Core 2 Duo E7200
Motherboard Asus P5QL PRO
One DVD Writer Sony
One Hard Disk SATA 320GB

What should be my choice of PSU?

A:PSU for the following specs?

A solid 450-500W PSU will be enough. I recommend the Corsair 450VX as the best choice for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-for-the-following-specs.114142/
Relevancy 34.4%
Q: specs?

het could some of you people at the tsg post your specs in here, i justr want to see how my specs stand up again other people eg if my computer is fairly good

Relevancy 34.4%

I want a basic graphic design desktop for to run illustrator indesign and photoshop I have windows xp sp and eventually want to add a sound which go of please to with these specs card for music and possibly a second drive later I have been advised novatech are a good company to supply computers and have seen these specs below on their site but no mention of mother board also a price from dell direct which has also been advised I will get moniter as seperate element not included in this budget and I have operating system Sound card and second drive I will get later on which of these specs to go with please thanks if you can cast your eye over these specs and tell me which of these specs to go with please what you think novatech ---------------------------------------- Intel Core Duo E GB memory GB hard drive DVD writer NVIDIA GS Mb graphics Midi ATX case System price inc vat ----------------------------------------- as above but GB hard drive NVIDIA GT Mb graphics ---------------------------------------- and heres a spec direct from dell Intel Core Duo E processor GHz MHz MB cache Specifications - Base MB ATI Radeon HD graphics card Specifications - Video Card Memory MB MHz Dual Channel DDR SDRAM x Specifications - Memory Hard Drive GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Specifications - Hard Drive Optical Devices DVD -RW Drive read write CD amp DVD Specifications - Optical Devices thanks sam nbsp

A:which of these specs to go with please

-The specs are almost identical for both computers with the exception of the Graphics Card.
-I would not worry about upgrading the graphics on the first one if you don't plan to play games.
-320GB will probably not be enough space if you plan on saving lots of high resolution pictures and/or graphics (if it is for professional use).
-The Novatech is going to have a smaller case, if this makes any difference to you.

I would say go for the Novatech for the lesser price (and because I'm a Nvidia fan boy )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-of-these-specs-to-go-with-please.754026/
Relevancy 34.4%

Okay, so I got a computer about a year ago, i thought it would still be good for gaming for now but the new games that I play it just doesn't work with great as I'd expect. I have a small list of specs, Not really sure on how to dig up more.

Someone tell me what I need to improve to have a decent/good gaming computer.

Windows XP
Pentium 4 @ 2800 GHZ
1024 MB of Memory
160 GB Hard Drive
1.00GB of RAM
Radeon X300 SE 128MB Hypermemory

If you need more tell me how to get it and I'll place it here.

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all,

I'm new to Techspot so thought i would give this a try!! Just bought some new parts for my system to upgrade it to the new spec as below -

Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13Ghz*
Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mobo*
Radeon X1900XTX 512MB w/ Accelero X2 Cooler
2GB DDR2 5400
250GB Maxtor SATA HD
80GB Maxtor IDE HD

The parts with * next to them are in the post now! I am currently runnign Vista Ultimate with a P4 3.6Ghz on a Asus P5ND2-SLi Mobo.

Can you guys tell me if Vista will run quicker and smoother with the new mobo and CPU and will my games run faster eg. R6 Vegas, GRAW etc??

Any comments will be greatly appreciated as i wanna make sure i've made the right hardware choices. Thanks all.

A:New Rig Specs - Help!!!!

the c2duo you picked processes about 3x faster than you old p4 actually, and the p6w board has great features, I think you'll notice a world of a difference with the new items, As a c2duo and Asus owner myself. I definately noticed a difference when I upgraded. Go for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-rig-specs-help.74193/
Relevancy 34.4%

Not sure if this is in the right section - mods feel free to relocate!
I want to build a cheap PC and put a DVR card in it. What specs do you think I should have in order to properly run a 4ch DVR card?

I already have the monitor and all that junk.. Im talking the raw specs. do i need more than 1GHz? is 1G RAM enough? I have an 80G hdd that should work .. so what Processor MIN is okay?

thanks!
(sorry x-posted)

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I m new to your forum of specs with the Help PC next my but I joined up because the replies in other threads seemed quite friendly unlike some forums I know of Anyway I m planning on building a new PC to use for recording music I m an amateur musician I ve made a list of Help with the specs of my next PC components I m planning to use but having not followed the developments in the PC world too keenly for the last couple of years I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to check the list below and make sure eveything will work together All suggestions are also welcome --- CPU Intel Pentium BTX Socket GHz MB EM T Motherboard MSI P N Diamond Socket nForce SLI PCI-E ATX UPDATED to a different motherboard as the old one didn t support SATA- RAM Corsair Memory TWIN X A - XMS - x MB DIMM CAS What I m worried about here is have I got the right type of each thing and are they getting the best out of each other --- HDD Hitachi Deskstar T K GB S Graphics Gigabyte GF MB TC PCI-E Just like to know really if these will work with the motherboard and if the HDD will achieve SATA with said motherboard --- No question about these really just in case you re interested grinthumb Power supply Antec SmartBlue GB was thinking of upgrading this the higher power version not sure if there is any point though Case Antec P EU PC Case Performance One Series DVD Drive http www dabs com ProductView aspx QuickLinx TS --- I realise this is quite a big task for anyone to sift through so no worries if nobody has the time Thanks Rick nbsp

A:Help with the specs of my next PC

I just did a calculation of your PSU needs and you're at about 300w or so. I think you'll need a better PSU than a 350, otherwise you'll be working it pretty hard. MINIMUM you should get is a 380, but you should consider a 450w I'd say, especially if you ever plan to upgrade anthing or add another HDD for example.

But good choice for looking at the Antec PSUs. They are trustworthy. Oh, and I love that case you are looking at too.

I don't know enough about Intel based systems, so can't help you there. Hopefully someone comes along soon. cheers!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-the-specs-of-my-next-pc.35455/
Relevancy 34.4%

Specs:
Motherboard: Aopen MX46-800N
Bios: R1.01b

Processor:
CPU Vendor: Intel
Type: Pentium 4
Frequency: 3000Mhz = 200Mhz * 15.0
Core Voltage: 1.47V

Ram = 480MB

These are my Specs, Would I be able to Run Vista.. Even though Video Driver Not Supported?
Everything Passes according to Pitstop. My XP My Jetwater-co

Relevancy 34.4%
Q: Specs

Does anyone know where I can get a list of PCs, cpu, buses, cords, RAM, Processors, speeds of things...etc and their specs that have been around since PCs have been around. Something like a good study sheet instead of going over notes? If so, can you please direct me to one. Much appreciated.

TIA

A:Specs

bruinator said:

Does anyone know where I can get a list of PCs, cpu, buses, cords, RAM, Processors, speeds of things...etc and their specs that have been around since PCs have been around. Something like a good study sheet instead of going over notes? If so, can you please direct me to one. Much appreciated.

TIAClick to expand...

Just google it, there are lots of review sites

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs.469900/
Relevancy 34.4%

Here are my final specs, tell me what you think?

Also would a i7 be worth the extra money for a future proof pc?

Also would all the stuff fit in the mid-tower case i listed or will i need to get the full-tower version?

A:PC Specs

For those who do not have Excel or do not want to risk downloading a file, here are the specs.

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance Performance Memory Module 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Unbuffered CL9 DIMM Memory for 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core systems
Corsair Hydro Series H60 2013 model High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Windforce2X 2GB GDDR5 Dual Link DVI HDMI Display Port PCI-E Graphics Card with FREE ASSASSINS CREED III Download Coupon + Free to Play bundle
(free accessory)*Assassins Creed III Nvidia Download Coupon
(free accessory)*NVIDIA F2P £100 in game for GTX 660 and above
MZ-7td250bw - Samsung 840 SSD
Seagate 3TB Barracuda Hard Drive - 3.5" SATA-III - 7200RPM 64MB Cache
NZXT Phantom 410 Black Orange Special Edition
Corsair Gaming Series 2013 Edition, 800 Watt, 80+ Bronze, ATX
Samsung S24b300hl LED LCD Widescreen 23.6" HDMI Monitor
TP-Link N600 Wireless Dual Band Pci Express Adapter
Liteon Ihas124 24x Dvd±rw (dual ±r)/ram Sata Drive (internal Black)
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit DVD - OEM
HDMI Cable 1.4 Black 2 Metre
Build looks fine. The Mid-ATX case is fine and what most people use, barely anyone needs the extra room, mostly drive bays, of a full ATX case. The i7 may be a bit faster for gaming but the i5=3570k does pretty much as well in most games from what I've seen. If you want to invest a bit more money then upping the video card to the 670 or 680 may give you more gains.

Also, you could have just posted this to one of you original threads to keep proper thread flow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-specs.1093905/
Relevancy 34.4%
Q: 7 specs

How low can they go? Will it run on this pc:

Athlon XP 3200+ (I think, might be 2600 or 2800+)
1.5GB DDR
some ATI video card in AGP, not powerful at all compared to now standards.
100GB hdd 5200RPM

I know 7 will run well on netbooks, how well will it run on this? I'd like to replace the existing bunged up install soon and 7 seems like a good candidate.

Thanks ^_^

Relevancy 34.4%

I want to make a pc and here is my specs please tell me if the pc will be able to build and tell me what you think Graphics Card http www amazon co uk Gigabyte-Ge XPHO ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Processor http www amazon co uk Intel-Gener s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - MotherBoard http www amazon co uk Asus-P Z - XPHM ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Cooler http www amazon co uk Cooler-Mast s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - SSD http www amazon co uk Samsung-Ser s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr specs please PC help - RAM http www amazon co uk Corsair-CML s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Power Supply http www ebuyer com -corsair-tx- w-v -psu- plus-bronze-certified-cmpsu- txv uk Hard Drive http www amazon co uk Seagate-inc GS ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Monitor http www amazon co uk Acer-S HL s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Case http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid CA- -CM amp tool Windows http www ebay co uk itm Latest-Mi ting Software Software SR amp hash item PC specs please help d aef e W-LAN http www amazon co uk TL-WDN - X ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - PSU http www amazon co uk Corsair-Pro s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - nbsp

A:PC specs please help

closing duplicate, please respond here.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1093216-will-my-pc-work.html

also please remember that the sort of posting you are participating in can easily be construed to forum flooding.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-specs-please-help.1093215/
Relevancy 34.4%

Im looking at a new machine with the following specs. Dont need a high end gamer but want something that will be ok for mid range stuff/games and keep my young teenagers happy.

Its a P4 2.8 800FSB
Epox 4PGMI i 865ge 800fsb, DDR400, SATA,VGA
Legend 512mb DDR (PC3200)
Hitachi 120G 7.2k 7200rpm 8M cache
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB DDR TV/DVI
BenQ 17" LCD 16ms

Need reliability.

Is the video card ok?

ta as always

Relevancy 34.4%

OS Version: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional x64 Edition, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 3
2.9 GHZ
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1430789 MB, Free - 1304949 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, N68-S UCC, ,
Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

just wanted to know if this was good enough to run the game

A:GTA 4 Specs

Use a website called http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ copy that and find the game will tell you exactly if your hitting minimum/recommended or maxing out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gta-4-specs.1002415/
Relevancy 34.4%

If I remember right, I have seen a link to click on that will show me the specifications on my computer. Couldn't find a posting with that link though. Sure would like that if you would. It has XP OS.

Thanks

A:How to get specs on my PC?

siw will give you pretty detailed info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-specs-on-my-pc.1022194/
Relevancy 34.4%

PC100, 133, 266, 600, 800, 1600, 2100, 2700...DDR, SDRAM, RDRAM, DIMM, SIMM, RIMM, Rambus, ECC, buffered?

It seems like every company has a different way of specifying RAM. Can any one help me understand the popular types? Which are compatible or may be different names for the same type?

Thank you,
rich

A:RAM Specs...What do they all mean??

Too lazy ( or drunk ) to type it .. instead follow this links
http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/98q4/981024/index.html
and
http://anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=113&p=8
and
http://anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=113&p=1
HTH

Now back to drinking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-specs-what-do-they-all-mean.79511/
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok i ve enquired about having a computer built and have been sent possible specs I want people who know what their on about to voice their opinions please The computer is just for day to day use however I do like a bit of flight simulator so I want a good everyday type machine Are these short-form-factor style computers too small to cool ventilate properly ASUS P M A - AMD Athlon II X GHz GB DDR MHz GB MB cache SATA HDD X DVDRW Dual Layer SATA Direct X Graphics with HDMI out in Card reader Wireless-N Windows Pro bit SHUTTLE SHU-SG J - Intel Dual Core E GHz GB DDR MHz GB MB cache SATA HDD X DVDRW Dual Layer Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X Wireless-N Windows Pro bit SHUTTLE SHU-SN SH - AMD Athlon II X GHz GB DDR MHz GB MB cache SATA HDD X DVDRW Dual Layer Geforce DX Graphics with specs these which 3 of HDMI All in One Card Reader Wireless-N Windows Pro bit nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%
Q: specs?

Are these specs good enough to SMOOTHLY run the new Flight Simulator X???
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 3800+
500GB Seagate 7200RPM HDD
Ati Radeon x1300 PCI-E 512MB Graphics card
2048MB RAM

A:specs?

Yeah, I think so: http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulatorx.aspx#sysreqs

The system is leaps and bounds above the requirements for the game which are as follows:

* Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 / Vista
* PC with 1 GHz equivalent or higher processor
* 256 MB of system RAM for Windows XP SP2 / 512 MB Vista
* 14 GB available hard disk space
* 32x speed or faster DVD-ROM drive
* 32 MB DirectX 9 compatible video card required
* Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
* Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
* 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs.509506/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys just wondering if my specs would run Windows 7 or if I should just stay with Xp Sp3 until I can upgrade some hardware? Thanks in advance.

A:My Specs.

Buy a new laptop. You don't have enough memory, the gpu is obsolete and 4200RPM hard drives are too slow to run 7 indexing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/36015-my-specs.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I'm buying a new PC that can hopefully handle high-end games and flight sims such as FSX, and picked up a leaflet today from the local shop.
Below are the specs of their top-of-the-range model (£629/ 1100 dollars), do you think it'll do straight off the shelf or shall I ask them to fit a more powerful processor or vid card or whatever?

INTEL QUAD CORE Q6600 2.4 Ghz
4 GB DDR II 667 Mhz RAM
500 GB SATA II HARD DRIVE
DVD+/- Rewriter & DVD Drive
9600GS 256Mb PCIE Video
WIN VISTA Premium Edition

A:Will these specs do?

MickinDevon said:

Hi, I'm buying a new PC that can hopefully handle high-end games and flight sims such as FSX, and picked up a leaflet today from the local shop.
Below are the specs of their top-of-the-range model (£629/ 1100 dollars), do you think it'll do straight off the shelf or shall I ask them to fit a more powerful processor or vid card or whatever?

INTEL QUAD CORE Q6600 2.4 Ghz
4 GB DDR II 667 Mhz RAM
500 GB SATA II HARD DRIVE
DVD+/- Rewriter & DVD Drive
9600GS 256Mb PCIE Video
WIN VISTA Premium EditionClick to expand...
That's pretty good as far as the specs go, but the price seems high for RAM that's 667mhz, and a 256mb video card.

I would expect at least 4gb 800mhz RAM and a 8800GT or 9600GT 512mb video card for that price.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-these-specs-do.744364/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi & good day What is ram specs for G40-70 model. There is two slots in my laptop so i want to install 2*8Gb, total ram will be 16Gb but i need to know ram speed and specs please to buy . Here is what recorde on the genuine ram :  4G 1Rx8 PC3L-12800S-11-13-B4  Thank You

????????_??????.jpg ?2144 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G40-70-ram-specs/td-p/3433813
Relevancy 34.4%

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/45683141.png/

Link to specs there, Also running on a Geforce 9400GT

Upgrading PSU from 230W to 550W soon.

Someone please let me know.

A:Can i run WoW with these specs?

Yes, but you will probably have to set graphics setting to "low-medium" to prevent severe lag in crowded areas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-run-wow-with-these-specs.841049/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all!I was wondering a couple of things regarding the P70's built-in optical drive. 1) Is it a DVD burner? 2) Can it read (and burn) Dual-layer DVDs? 3) Can it read (and write) BR discs? 4) Is it "hot-swappable" the way it was on really old thinkpads (e.g. T40, T42, etc)?  If not, is it at least removeable? 5) what speed DVD drive is it?  What speed CD drive is it? 6) Where could I have looked this up online and saved you guys from looking this up? Thanks!

-----------IBM T40: XP PRO SP3, 14.1" 4:3 display, 512MB DDR RAM, 40GB HDD, ThinkLight, DVD.Lenovo Ideacentre H215: AMD Athlon II X2 215, 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 64-bit Win7, AMD 760G.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-DVD-specs/td-p/3398825
Relevancy 34.4%

How to Get Better FPS in GTA San Andreas, Before, When i bought this Lenovo Laptop, I Could Still Get Like 30-45 FPS, But within the Succeeding Days, I'm only Getting like 20-25 FPS. Or Even Lower Than That, I Tried Using GameBooster ( IoBit ).. But the Maximum it Can give is around 28 FPS.

Any Help I Could Get From those Good People in here?
I'm Kinda Newbie in this Forum, Sorry For My Bad English

Anyway, I'm Running my Gta San Andreas with The Lowest Option, Like those videos in Youtbe.

Computer Specs:
?Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
?CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 1.86GHz
?Ram: 503 MB
?Video Card: Mobile(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

A:How to get better FPS with these specs

try upgrading your ram!! Ram always shows immediate performance changes!! and video card? Does your mother board take agp or pci video card? minimum requirements for cpu 1ghz. I always found that game to be like world of warcraft if you don't have gig of ram the game does not work that great!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-get-better-fps-with-these-specs.162868/
Relevancy 34.4%

MB GA-945P-S3 (up to 4GB DDR2 memory / LGA / LAN / Audio / VGA / 16x PCI-E)
Core2Duo E4300 1.8GHz / 800 / 2mb cache
1 GB kingstone DDR2 667
160 GB Western SATA 2
XFX 7600GS 256MB video card
Asus DVD RW 18x
400W case with 3 fans

Note: ill be using it to play games and all that is around 500$

A:What do you think of my new PC specs?

Can i overclock using this mobo? reply asap! buying today!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-of-my-new-pc-specs.652784/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hopefully this is the most appropriate forum for this I have a PC that is about - years old and while it has been upgraded many times it s showing its age when I try and run any of the new games No surprise there I have a bit of money to spend and am considering going the Alienware PC route I already have an Alienware laptop and am happy with it I customized the PC I d like and it came out to with shipping and taxes Below are the specs - do you see anything that would be worth waiting a month or two to drop in price The price is crazy but I want a system that will be future-proofed for at least a year or two What do you think Are there any new GPUs or processors on the horizon that would be worth waiting for if only to make the below specs cheaper Thanks in advance ----------- Area- on with Help specs new PC Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Alienware P Chassis Alienware P Chassis with AlienIce Video Cooling - Conspiracy Blue System Lighting Alienware AlienFX System Lighting - Astral Blue High-Performance Liquid Cooling Alienware High-Performance Liquid Cooling Acoustic Dampening Alienware Acoustic Dampening Power Supply Alienware Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply Graphics Processor Dual Graphics Processors - Dual MB NVIDIA GeForce GT - SLI Enabled Video Optimizer AlienAdrenaline v Video Performance Optimizer - More Info Memory GB Low Latency Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz - x MB Motherboard Help with specs on new PC Alienware Approved NVIDIA nForce i SLI Motherboard Operating System Office software not included Windows Vista Home Premium DirectX Ready Desktop Tuners and Remotes Without Media Center Remote Control System Drive Single Drive Configuration - GB SATA Gb s RPM MB Cache Storage Drive Additional Storage Drive - GB SATA Gb s RPM MB Cache Optical Drives Single Drive Configuration - X Dual Layer Burner DVD RW w LightScribe Enthusiast Essentials Dual High Performance Gigabit Ethernet Ports Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer High Definition Audio - More Info Monitor No Monitor Keyboard Premium Keyboard - Alienware USB Full-Size Keyboard Mouse Premium Mouse - Standard Optical -Button Mouse with Scroll Wheel Warranty -Year AlienCare Toll-Free Phone Support w Onsite Service AlienRespawn AlienRespawn v Recovery DVD Windows Vista Edition Removable Storage Alienware -in- Digital Media Reader Writer nbsp

A:Help with specs on new PC

go to this site and get all that same stuff for about a 1/4 fo what you would pay... www.geeks.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-specs-on-new-pc.97705/
Relevancy 34.4%

can any one tell me if the IBM aptiva E26 desktop came with a 1.0 or 1.1 USB port.

A:usb specs

Go into device manager and look at the USB Controllers. If they say "ENHANCED" then you have USB 2.0, if not its 1.1

Storage_man

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-specs.334244/
Relevancy 34.4%

I once had only GB ram and GB HDD and MB GFX I couldnt play anything or install Help new with specs! my anything or work on After Effects or Illustator I saved Help with my new specs! up bought a few cool stuff and i still have very high CPU usage when i run any of these programs or games Its frustration New Specs Help with my new specs! Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack Processor AMD Athlon tm X Help with my new specs! Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available DirectX Version DirectX c GFX Card name NVIDIA GeForce SE MB Problem Sad frame lag in most of the games and I think i have a decent spec to run games in good resolution But i have to put all the setitngs to a minimum and still there is frame lag CPU Usage when i run any program Please post your suggestion to make my buy a successful buy I really worked hard and bought it all Thanks nbsp

A:Help with my new specs!

Addition!

EDIT: The first time i assembled it. I could play FIFA10 and Sudden Attack NA flawlessly without any frame lag but as days went by its slowly lags and today its beyong worse. I quit 4 games in rage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-my-new-specs.163066/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi... Im helping a friend with his puter and he wants to install a second HDD in his Gateway P4 machine running XP Home. I'm a Win98Se guy and I know how to do what I want on my machine but I'd like some input on how to do one thing on his.

How can I determine the specs on his current drive so he can purchase a second drive to match it as close as possible. I know I could open the tower and look at the drive, but I'm asking is there a way to view the info with some built in feature with XP? I could always install AIDA32 to view the info on drives as I do on my system, but he would have no use for the utility after that. Just trying to minimize the procedure.

Thanks... Raybro

Relevancy 34.4%

I just purchased my PC parts (coming tomorrow!!) and I was wondering what other people's computer specs. Well here is my PC spec.

Antec 900 Case
ABIT IP35-E LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
EVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz
Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667
Sythe Ninja Plus Revision B (CPU heatsink)

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi My buddy is building me a computer and he sent me a list at Could specs please these look someone of the components he is gonna use to make me a desktop I was wondering if someone could look at the list and let me know if I am getting a good deal and how you would rate the computer and if you had any suggestions Motherboard ASUS P GD Could someone look at these specs please P LGA xPCI-E X xPCI-E X GbLan SATA amp IDE Raid CPU Intel P LGA- E w HT RAM OCZ PDC-K x M PC Kit - - - GB Total Video SAPPHIRE Radeon X XT MB PCI-Express x Sound onboard -channel HD audio HDD WD Caviar SE G rpm SATA M HDD Caviar SE G rpm SATA M CD X DVD int IDE Black DVD GSA B X X Dual Layer DVD RW Oem Black Case Scorpio Mid Tower BLUE w o PS PS ATX w P Power Supply So there it is The whole thing after tax will be CND nbsp

A:Could someone look at these specs please

The hardware is top notch, in the states I would charge about the same including labor so yes it's a great deal. One suggestion get as much cooling as you can the P4 Prescott’s get very hot as does the Northbridge, and memory, typical temps in my P4 3.2E are around 50c to 64c and system temps are around 24c to 27c and this is a socket 478 with 5 case fans (3 in 2 out), the LGA's get even hotter. Read more on this here-- http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041114/p4_560-06.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-someone-look-at-these-specs-please.306126/
Relevancy 34.4%

First off, I would also like to know if either one of these could run games like Battlefield, Fallout 4, Battlefront, DayZ, on at least high or ultra settings at 30-60 Fps.

Intel Core i3 - 4130T Dual Core
nVidia GeForce GTX GPU w/2GB GDDR5
4GB DDR3
500GB 7200RPM HDD

- Intel® Core? i3-4160 Processor
- 500GB SATA III HDD
- 4GB DDR3 Memory
- NVIDIA GTX 750 1GB GDDR5
Just to let you guys know these are both steam machine hardware. 459 for the first one and 499 for the second.

A:Which one of these PC specs are better?

Can you link us to both systems? Also, what is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-one-of-these-pc-specs-are-better.216780/
Relevancy 33.97%

Good evening First off I used to have WindowsME on a Toshiba specs. WindowsXP Laptop I now have Dell Dimension Desktop running WindowsXP home edition I use Outlook Express and cannot for the life of me get the spell check to work I have Microsoft Office installed and the spellcheck works fine over there But when I type out a letter in Outlook Express and click on spell check I get a little grey window to pop up and it says quot an error occured while the spelling was being checked quot and a button that says ok and that is my only choice Then if instead of checking spelling and I WindowsXP specs. just click on send it says quot The spellcheck on this document was halted Do you want to send anyway quot and my only choice is yes or no Somewhere in all of my quot investigating quot on my computer it said something like if I had a bit spellcheck would not work and here is my problem I have looked at everything possible that I know of and cannot and don t know how to go about WindowsXP specs. finding out if I have a bit or a bit How do I find out Here is some info on my computer Dell Dimension series Intel pentium processor GHz MB DDR at MHz MB GEForce MX Graphics Card with TV-out GB RPM Hard Drive X Max Variable CD-Rom Drive Factory Install and I have the quot flat panel display and a bunch of other stuff I have only had this new computer one week and I am not familiar with it at all the only thing I understand is that it is a Dell all those numbers I just typed might as well be a foreign language because I do not understand them at all Sure would appreciate an answer from someone Thank you sherri nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

I have printed out my system information. Can anyone help me break it down for my system specs in my profile? I am a CIS student and I am still trying to figure out what specs my PC has. I am interested in figuring out how to determine what kind of hardware I have (memory, graphics cards, etc) and how I can upgrade to make it better.

I am also interested in trying to do a backup to an external hard drive. I've never done this before.

Thanks in advance!!

A:Help determining specs?

Here's my system information.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65174-help-determining-specs.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Very High Performance P Intel Pentium FSB Motherboard Model BOXD PERLK - RETAIL Specifications CPU Supports Intel Pentium processor with a MHz mPGA -pin Supports Hyper-threading Chipset Intel PE IDE x IDE RAM Double Data Rate DDR support Slots x AGP X and x PCI Ports xPS x USB Firewire see pics Onboard SATA Onboard LAN Gigabit Intregrated Onboard Audio Intergrated Channel Audio Intel Pentium CGHz k socket Hyper Threading Technology MHz FSB - RETAIL Specifications CPU GHz Type Pentium Northwood Cache K BUS Mhz Socket Retail box with Heatsink and Fan -year MFG Warranty VANTEC AeroFlow VP -C For Intel P Retail Vantec Vertical Aluminum Fins with Copper Core Heat sink T Comp What Think? You Specs M D fan and triple clip for secure instalation Specifications Supported Socket type Material Aluminum with copper Fan Comp Specs What You Think? Speed RPM Air Flow CFM Bearing type T M D Dimensions x x mm Life Cycle Hrs Comes with thermal Compound WD WESTERN DIGITAL quot SPECIAL EDITION quot GB RPM MB EIDE HARD DRIVE MODEL WD JB - OEM DRIVE ONLY Specifications Size Gigabytes Interface IDE ULTRA ATA Seek time ms RPM Cache MB OEM Drive alone Year Manufacturer Warranty CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series Low Latency Twin Pack GB x MB x MX PC- LL With Black Heat Spreader Retail QTY Specifications Speed MHz Organization x M x CAS Latency - - - -T Memory type DDR Part number TWINX - LL Samsung CDRW x x Combo x DVD Black mb Cache Model SM- BENB - OEM Specifications Interface EIDE Data Transfer Rate Read CD X KB sec Read DVD X KB sec Record CD X KB sec Rewrite CD X KB sec Buffer Memory OEM Pack MB Burst Transfer Rate PIO Mode MB sec UDMA Mode MB sec Average Access Time DVD ms CD ms Adopting Superlink Buffer Under Run Proof Technology OEM Pack BLACK PANASONIC MB DENSITY FLOPPY DISK DRIVE MODEL JU- A- P - OEM DRIVE ONLY Specifications mm inch height High reliability with aluminium diecast base Long life with direct drive spindle motor OEM Drive only BLACK Bezel - One Year Warranty ATI OEM SAPPHIRE RADEON PRO MB DVI TV X AGP OEM Specifications Chipset ATI RADEON PRO Memory MB DDR RAM Bus AGP X -bit memory interface First to fully support DirectX and the latest OpenGL functionality New SMARTSHADER technology allows users to experience complex movie-quality effects in next-generation D games and applications -bit floating-point color precision allows for a greater range of colors and brightness Ports VGA DVI S-Video Ideal High Performance Athlon XP Asus Motherboard for AMD Athlon XP Duron Processors Model A N X Deluxe Retail Socket A AMD Athlon XP Duron support AMD XP quot Barton quot Chipset NVIDIA nForce SPP nForce MCP-T FSB MHz IDE x ATA RAM x -pin DIMM Sockets PC PC PC non-ECC DDR Slots x AGP Pro X x PCI Ports x USB Onboard Silicon Image Sil A Controller w ports NVIDIA SoundStorm Audio Processor Unit with Dolby MCP integrated Com MAC Broadcom AC L PHY LAN Firewire Ports MCP-T integrated IEEE a Realtek PHY AMD ATHLON XP quot Barton quot MHz FSB PROCESSOR CPU- RETAIL Specifications CPU GHz Type XP Barton Core Cache K L BUS MHz Socket A RETAIL Included Heatsink and fan Seagate GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Barracuda ST AS - OEM Specifications Size Gigabytes Interface Serial ATA Seek time ms RPM Data Transfer MB sec Cache MB OEM See pic Year Manufacturer Warranty Requires additional Power adapter VANTEC s STEALTH SF L x x mm x x quot Fan -Ballbearing DC V W Amp RPM CFM -pin with -pin adaptor Thermalright SLK- -U Heatsink ONLY All Copper heat spread AMD Athlon XP Palamino Thoroughbred and Barton and up Intel Pentium- socket- GHz and above Dimension L x W x H mm - Top without fan L x W x H mm - Bottom without fan Retail CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series Low Latency Twin Pack GB x MB x MX PC- LL With Black Heat Spreader Retail Specifications Speed MHz Organization x M x Memory type DDR Sapphire ATI RADEON Atlantis PRO MB DDR DVI TV-out CRT AGP BULK Specifications Chipset RADEON Pro Visual processing unit VPU Memory MB DDR -bit memory Eigh... Read more

A:Comp Specs What You Think?

>Also, do you think that 430W PSU will work for supporting my crazy ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB, motherboard, processor, crazy CPU fan, crazy memory, etc?

No, not that particular 430W PSU. I definately would not recommend it, unless of course you want your PSU to blow up one day. I suggest a Enermax PSU. You could probably even get by easily with a 350w Enermax PSU. I use one myself and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm not sure about the power requirements of the 9800 pro compared to the 9700 pro but I'm sure its not THAT much of a difference.

Although as far as the rest of the components your planning on putting in this system(s) I would say go for a Enermax 430w to be safe. Better safe than sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-specs-what-you-think.6017/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok, I'm going to buy a new computer and am going to customly make it. Screw Dell and CompUSA and Gateway, etc. This is my 2th computer I will make because I'm a freak .

1) My Case (water cooled): Koolance PC2-601BW

2) Motherboard and Processor: Something good for overclocking and P4 2.6- 3.0Ghz, board must be 13" x 12" or less (case).

3) Power Supply: A good power suppy able to handle a new powerful video card (I read about power failures with new video cards).

4) Video Card! I need tons of help on getting a good video card. There's so much to chose from! I'm a hardcore extreme to the max gamer person. I play all the latest games.

5) Sound Card: I've got a SB Audigy 2 Plat.

6) RAM: 1024DDR fine?

7) Windows Operating System: 98SE/Win2k/XP? I gotta be able to play CS!

A:New Comp Specs

Nice specs! Processor should be fine, have you considered an Athlon processor? The Opteron's should be available shortly!!

Antec and Enermax make good PSUs if you are looking.

I would wait with the video card; there are some good ones on the way, mainly NV35, which I would consider worth waiting for at the moment. Although if you can't wait, the ATi Radeon 9800 PRO is currently the fastest GPU on the market.

What speed RAM are you getting? This is very important! Try to get 1024 DDR PC2700 or more. Any less than this is not worthy of the rest of your components.

And finally, I would recommend Windows XP Pro. Having used all of your listed operating systems, I can say that XP is the most compatible and stable, closely followed by Win2K. A second choice to XP would be Windows 2000 Professional.

I hope you make the right choices for the rest of your hardware! Good Luck!

BTW, I would double check all of the components you buy are compatible with each other. Example - motherboard and video card: make sure that if you are getting an AGPx8 video card that your motherboard supports AGPx8 and so on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-comp-specs.5202/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

For few months now the softwares cannot detect the installed hardwares [e.g. BIOS, System model, manufacturer, processor...] The dixdiag won't show anything [n/a], the software Speccy crashes every time [unknown system error 0x80041002] --similar fate for CPUZ, the system properties can't fetch anything either.

The system is working fine.

What could be the reason?

I cannot give my specs info because of that, all I know the motherboard is manufactured by AMD [AMD Smaphron LE...] and a Nvidia [Nvidia GeForce 6150SE...] built-in card.
**Attachments included about partially successful attempt with CPUZ.

A:How can my PC again detect the specs?

Try opening services.msc from the run command on start menu, check to see what services are disabled, right clik them, select properties and set to manual. Reboot the computer, go to start, run, type msconfig, OK, go up to tools tab, select system information, clik the launch button, is everything showing there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/199103-how-can-my-pc-again-detect-specs.html