Windows Support Forum

Burning A DVD/CD over a network

Q: Burning A DVD/CD over a network

recently my Lite-on DVD burner died (lol @ lite-on)
i was wondering can i burn a dvd on my mums burner from my computer (she doesn't have enough room for the stuff lol)

if you need more details then tell me

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Burning A DVD/CD over a network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Burning A DVD/CD over a network

no reason why not - except that you need to keep the data flowing across your network link so best not do anything else while the burn is in progress.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-a-dvd-cd-over-a-network.84110/
Relevancy 45.15%

is it possible to burn audio cd's over a network by using windows media player or itunes without actually dragging the audio files to my computer
like clicking on the other computer's playlist and burn right there plz help
or if u guys know any program that does that

another problem it seems when i play windows media player on my laptop the music continues to play the mouse and keyboard moves but i cant click anything or stop the music or nothing i can use the keyboard to get taskbar but cant end no tast or anything

A:burning over a network

For the first question, as long you have the rights to the files, then you should be able to burn over the network. Note that if you use iTunes, you will have to add the files to your library. You cannot burn music from a shared music list.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-over-a-network.629760/
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 39.13%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 38.27%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 36.98%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 36.98%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 36.98%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 33.97%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 32.25%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 28.81%

i have windows 7 and i installed virtual box (ubuntu) to do this.

i want to have two linux gateways and those two machines should either have the same NAT or public routable ip address.
basically i want to install openswan and configure the ipsec. in order to do this i need two linux gateways.

can anyone guide me how to setup two linux gateways to do this??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-network-to-network-hosst-to-host-network.1045773/
Relevancy 27.52%

My operating system is Windows XP and I have Windows Media Player 11.
I am trying to burn a disc, but the player tells me to "Connect the burner and restart the player." I havent uninstalled the burner. I looked in My Computer and the burner is still there. The burner is a Sony CD-RW crx216e. Thanks for your help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.699425/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a dell inspiron 1100 and it doesn't burn cds can I burn a cd with any programs or do I have to get another cd drive

A:burning cds

you need a drive capable of burning CDs. If you have a very old computer, you may not have a burner. Yes, you can replace it with a burner if you need to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-cds.83603/
Relevancy 27.52%

prob I have a problem possibly with my cd rw I need to change it seems that CD copies are intermittant depending on how what I use ok here are some Burning CD's scenarios gt make a CD music using NTI cd program question gt do I need to save the tracks as wav OR mp question gt do I need to close the disc gt then the CD quot generally quot plays on my own pc win se media player on my home hi-fi decks and DJ decks and car CD player gt intermittant does not on play on other peoples hi-fi decks I tried on my laptop and got a lot of jumping untill I upgraded to MP Burning CD's so the question as a DJ I make a lot of demo disc s what is the best way to make CD s so they will work on a lot of differnt hardware and OS s PC s should I gt only burn in wav gt get a more expensive writer nbsp

A:Burning CD's

1)The tracks can be saved on your harddrive in either format. But when you burn them, burn them as .wav as not all players can recognize .mp3
2) I have also had better success by burning at less than top speed. on my 48x burner I got my best quality/performance @24x At higher speeds the last tracks became distorted.
3) I have always closed the disk, if not closed I will not be readable except by a CD/RW

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.307261/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi!

I just burned my first DVD the other day.. put 3 movies from my computer on the dvd. I tried to watch it on my computer after and it worked fine. But later when i was gonna try it out on my dvd player, all that worked was the audio on the movies... I used DivX to burn.

A:Help With Burning!

Your DVD player may not support the DivX codec.

Check the manufacturers website for your DVD player.

You should be able to find the relevant details there.

Hope this helps,
Cornzey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151423/help-with-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

Can someone help me? Often once I download something onto a CD, I can no longer burn anything else on that CD. Sometimes I can. I have used the XP program and the Roxio program and the same thing happens. Just keeps saying to put in a writable CD.
Thanks in advance.
Merry Christmas
SW

Relevancy 27.52%

I can't for the life of me get Windows Media Player 10 to burn a CD for me. When I try to access the Help menu, it shuts the player down completely. HELP!!!

Relevancy 27.52%

ok so my mom emailed me about this problem, but i dont have access to her computer because im an hour away from her.

I am trying to copy some photos onto a CD but when I put the blank CD into the “D” or “E” slot it says “insert disk” although I put one in.

When I put in a DVD it recognizes it but does not want to save as it says some things may be lost.

?

any suggestions

P.S when i was there a week ago a opened the computer up and everything was plugged in ok.

Relevancy 27.52%

I consider myself pretty computer savvy but i can not figure out how to burn a DVD... I was able to burn video's from my hard drive but i cant burn from a DVD... As far as i know there is no way to Rip a DVD to my hard drive. Does anyone know a program that i can download (for free) so i can burn a DVD.. Thanks

A:Burning A Dvd?

I use DVD decrypter 3.5.4.0 to copy and write DVD's. it's an old version but it works like a charm. They tell me DVDfabdecrypter is the newer version.

To copy a DVD to your hard-drive; click "mode" (top toolbar) "ISO" then choose "read". Choose a destination of course. (click the folder opposite "please select folder"). Then click the play button at the bottom.

To burn a DVD; click "mode" > "write", Click the folder under source, opposite "please select file" to locate the ISO file you just made. Double click the ISO image (ignore the mds file)
insert a blank DVD and press the play button, and your all set. This is assuming that your ISO image will fit on a standard DVD. You may need a program to shrink it to fit a standard DVD. They say DVD shrink will work. Since I never copy protected DVD's I really can't tell you how to do it. I do a lot of legal on line trading. All the DVD's I copy are legal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105083/burning-a-dvd/
Relevancy 27.52%

why is it that when i burn a music cd on my vista premium 32 bit, i cannot play the cd on any other cd player , i have heard of something called mastered , what is this and how do i change to it if i need it , im a newcomer with a lot to learn, and my pension wont pay for a lot , thank you.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/205970-burning-cd.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I have some mpg's and avi's I want to burn on to DVD, mainly holiday clips taken at different times. I want to put menu's etc, on the DVD, but I don't know which is the best software. I could really use a tutorial of somekind, if anyone knows of one I'd be greatful. I'm not sure whether to convert the files first, that's why I need a tutorial.Cheers.

Rob

A:DVD Burning

You could try this site:

http://www.videohelp.com/author

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.284882/
Relevancy 27.52%

can anyone help me?

i need to find some cd buring software for the MAC OS that will burn cd's and make bootable cd's like nero does for the pc.

cant find anything that does this.

Thanks,

Caine

A:CD burning?

Disco or Roxio Toast

Also for just burning just files you can just drag and drop then click burn. For burning isos and images you can use Disk Utility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning.65621/
Relevancy 27.52%

can anyone help me?

i need to find some cd buring software for the MAC OS that will burn cd's and make bootable cd's like nero does for the pc.

cant find anything that does this.

Thanks,

Caine

A:CD burning?

Disco or Roxio Toast

Also for just burning just files you can just drag and drop then click burn. For burning isos and images you can use Disk Utility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning.65621/
Relevancy 27.52%

When I use iTunes to burn a cd, it says "cannot find cd burning software" and other programs say I don't have a CD burning drive. How can I fix this? Any info needed I am happy to giveEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Help With Cd Burning

Is this a recent problem or have you never been able to burn CDs.Some general troubleshooting things you can try:If you recently installed some burning software, uninstall/reinstall it.Use the fix given on this Microsoft page.Clean the laser using one of those drive cleaning kits.Open the Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc"). Locate the CD/DVD drive, right click on it and select "Uninstall". After it has uninstalled reboot the computer (it will be automatically reinstalled).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163984/help-with-cd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

when i burn cds can you tell if i use a cheep cd will it skip more then if buy a good name brand cd?

Relevancy 27.52%

I have some videos on my computer that i want to burn on a dvd dsic and play on my magnavox dvd player, which format do the files need to be, i've tried to convert the files to mpeg 2 but they wont play, what format do i convert the files to, to play on dvd's, my dvd burner is called cheeta

A:Burning Dvd's

so yall act like yall cant help nobody

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156105/burning-dvds/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have an audio file (mp3) that I am having trouble burning to CD. The mp3 is 42 minutes long as it is an entire album. The problem is that it only burns about 20 minutes of it to the CD. When I play it in Windows Media Player it shows and plays the full 43 mins. but when I open it in Easy CD it only shows as 20 mins. long and it only burns about half of the file. Any ideas what the problem is and how to get the whole file to burn? BTW I am using EZ CD Creator 5 Platinum with all updates.

Relevancy 27.52%

advice what's the best freeware software for burning my movie files on my hard drive to dvd so i can watch them on my dvd player . i have roxio easy cd &dvd creator 6 but it wont recognise my external freecom classic driveso have to burn to cd and this takes 2 cd's normally what can i do

help please

regards bluezafi

A:dvd burning

not much of a comment or suggestion....

moving this software

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.286026/
Relevancy 27.52%
Q: burning

i am trying to get my pics n home made videos to play on my dvd player so that i can see it on my tv but when i do that it dose not play on the tv just in the pc. i would like 2 see my homemade slide shows on my tv. can u help me

A:burning

In order to help answer your query, it would be helpful if you could let us know what software you're using to author your DVDs and how you're burning them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning.579482/
Relevancy 27.52%

I just did some research on the net and found out that an update is in the works for WMP to add the "Burn at once" feature. As far as gapless playing or recording goes I can say that the free copy of "Virtual DJ" allows for gapless and overlapping for playback and record. It's also great for simple editing example (I downloaded a copy of Johnny Burnette's "Dreamin'" and the lead in to the song was studio chit chat. I edited to the first note past the talk and it came out perfect!). You can do a lot with Virtual DJ free version but the mic is enabled with the paid version.

Stu

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/60155-burning-cds-wmp.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Why can't I get my burn list onto DVD-R? I made a recovery disc and everything went fine. My OS is XP, and I'm trying to do this from WMP. Thanx in advance.

A:Burning Up

Hi, I might be wrong but I think you can only use CDs. So you are trying to burn a music CD?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179126/burning-up/
Relevancy 27.52%

Background: I attempted to burn some mp3's to a CD-R using Nero. I selected the convert to CDA option. Nero appeared to burn the files. When I go to play them, nothing happens.

I've looked at the file structure of the CD-R, and it appears that the files are in fact there, and do have a .cda extention...but the WMP won't play them.

Can anyone help? What did I do wrong?

Relevancy 27.52%

Alright this probably doesn't belong in the hardware section but I know alot of you probably know the answer to this so I'm going to ask it here. My dad wants to use a CD-RW like a floppy. He wants to be able to go to FILE>SAVE AS click the A drive etc and it saves. He can't do it like that with CD's though right? He needs to burn it to the cd with a burning program? Or is there some way he can do it like floppy. I know that he can burn it with a burning program but I'm not sure if you can the other way. Thanks

Relevancy 27.52%

I have to burn a cd it has a .iso,.bin,.cue
I use nero what should i do and which file do i burn they cant all fit :/

A:Burning Iso

If you have the file in all three formats, burn the iso. Liz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-iso.300687/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, I have a hp computer. I'm using windows 98. I'm using the windows media player. "it has the Roxio cd burner." I can copy music from my computer with this Roxio burner, but only at 2x speed. If I want to copy at a faster speed, the software/computer is telling me to upgrade to the Roxio new version software, which is like $70,00 I think. I have a adaptec direct cd wizard 2.5. I also have adeptec easy cd create. I would like to use the software that I have with the window media player for copying music from the computer.
Can anyone help me.
FshrKing

A:CD burning help

Depending on the version of Win Media Player that you have it should be able to do the burning for you under the Copy to CD or device tab, also have you tried to mess with the options of any if the CD burning programs? Sometimes you can set the burn speed yourself. Hope this helps you a little.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-help.266706/
Relevancy 27.52%

im a newbie and dont know much about computers.i am trying to burn a 1 hour,16 minute video on a cd-r.80 minute,700 mb cd.can anyone help?thanks

Relevancy 27.52%

I was using ms's own burning system yesterday, but now i cant burn dvds , i cant ready them. i uninstalled the drivers and automaticly set up em but no solutions pls help. "windows couldnt end this" i cant format new dvds. pls help.

Relevancy 27.52%

Someone told me that using a lower speed causes errors because it may not be burning all the data there is sort of a void or something that it causes Sort of like in the old days on tapes if you recorded to low you would get noise if Dvd burning you recorded to high you get distortion i can see his reasoning however we are talking about digital Dvd burning rather than analog way back when Someone else on the forums told me to use half of what they are rated for others say use one speed below the max I tried to once Dvd burning again to copy dvds on another computer using Nero burned them at x it told me it was successful as usual Gave them to someone and they told me only one worked on their dvd player the other did not Do you think it is the HP Dvd burning discs using the minus not the plus or is the burning speed to high I was told that Verbatim seems to be compatible w just about everything And also am confused at burning speed to use Some same too high causes errors others too low causes errors as well I was also told that you should burn them at half of the speed of the actual max capacity of the disc i m confused Please help if you can Gary nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%

Can someone tell me if its possible to burn a cd over 80 min.,if so by how much. I need about 30 sec. TKS

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello!

Is it possible to do this...

I had burned just 2 songs onto a CD when I first learned how to do it. I wanted to add songs to the disk, but, cannot do it. It will not let me. I am using the Windows Media Player. Is there some way to add the songs or completely delete them and start over, or re-format the disc?

Thanks,

diego88

A:Re-burning A Cd

Hi diego88When you burn a music cd, in order to be played on a standard cdplayer, the cd has to be finalized after the burn. This is what ishappening in your case. After a cd is finalized, you cannot add moresongs to the same cd.You could use a re-writable disc (CD-RW) though.David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42052/re-burning-a-cd/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a burnt DVD of a camping trip myself and a bunch of friends went on and a friend of mine wants a copy of it

What do i need to do to put that burnt DVD on my computer then burn it again onto a blank DVD so he can watch it on his TV?

Relevancy 27.52%

OK, i got this computer about august 25th or something. It came with one CD drive, an 8x CD-RW/DVD player combo drive. I later added a plain old CD drive but thats besides the point. When i got it i installed Nero 5 burning software, which was the program we use on our other computer. It worked just fine until about a week ago, when i could no longer burn VCD's. Every time i burn a VCD it shuts down Nero as soon as i click the add file button to add something. I've already tried reinstalling and getting the updates. I really want to burn some VCD's and i was wondering if anyone could either tell me how to fix this problem or reccomend some free burning software that can do VCD's. Thanx.

Relevancy 27.52%

trying to burn an iso file

A:not burning

Are you using a DVD/CD-RW disc or an -+R disc? RW's are harder to work with. What is the manufacturer of the blank you are burning? Only use name brand blanks and not generics. (eg) Sony, Verbatim, TDK etc.
Only burn at the slowest possible speed for the medium.
If you are having problems with the built in Windows burner, download and use IMGBurn in my signature. And choose to burn Image to Disc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/not-burning-750897.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I have just bought the Optorite 8X DVD Writer. I'm not sure what software comes with it and I want to copy a few movies mainly for our kids, with this in mind, can anyone suggest the best software to do this.
I do know it is illegal to copy movies but I shan't be doing that, ehem!
Thanks,
Lisa

Relevancy 27.52%

What is a program that lets you burn movie dvd's? I have heard of dvd copy x but that it was pulled from the market. Any others out there to backup my movies?

A:DVD burning

There are several out there some freewae adn some you have to pay for. DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter are two freeware programs. but they are discontinued and are not being updated. of the pay for programs I prefer the combo of CloneDVD2 (from elaborateBytes or slysoft) and AnyDVD. CloneDVD2 does the transcoding and burning but does not bypass any copy protections. ( which is why the program is legal.) AnyDVD is installed and runs in the background and strips copy protections from movies or audio CD's on the fly. you can get the combo of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD at slysoft.com and if you buy them together you get a discount.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning.37309/
Relevancy 27.52%

My audio file is 83minutes, from an iRiver MP3 recorder, the cd only holds 80 min, how can I cut off 3min at the end, so I can burn it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.288891/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have tried so many different resources/people to solve the following problem and nothing/no one has been able to help, so I'm hoping someone here may be able to provide some insight. I have several CDR's burned w/ avi. data (around the 700 Mb of data) that cannot be retrieved from my CD drive. My burner successfully burns the avi's, but when I try to get it from my D drive, it spins but nothing can be taken out of it (error eg.'s read: D drive not accessible, no CD in drive, etc.). What the &*%$^ is happening here?

Relevancy 27.52%

Is there a good program to burn mp3 data cds? I want to be able to organize the tracks in folders and move them around in any order. The reason i dont like to use Nero is that it automatically puts the tracks in alphabetical order and I cant switch it back.
Also Roxio's cd creator doesnt work well on my comp so I'm looking for something different.

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all,
I'm using SAMSUNG CD R-RW for the last 5- 6 years.
Recently I tried to burn a CD wih Nero, but it went fine and in the end throwed the message Burn process completed. But nothing there is in the CD.
The second time, when i tried, it went to 99% almost and showed as Burn process failed.

Then i tried with Windows writer wizard, but the same result.

Almost I have tried with 3-4 brands of blank CD's.

Not able to figure out where the problem located CD or CD Drive? If so what to do to solve this issue?

I hope this is the Right place to raise this question.

A:CD R-RW not burning my CDs

If you used different brands of CD I am positive you can get rid of that notion. Have you tried just moving files over to the discs? Sounds like your disc drive might be going out (Or already has) Is it making any sound it didn't before? I had my disc drive on my laptop go out. Started to sound like a jet engine taking off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-r-rw-not-burning-my-cds.129625/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I need help with burning cds. For some reason I can't get any of the software on my sytem to burn cds. I have Roxio, Windows Media Player and neither one will work. Can someone here help me??? I am running XP. Thanks in advance Ms. Wrenie

Relevancy 27.52%

hi guys,

i have videos in mpg , avi that i am trying to convert to dvd (to play on my dvd player)
im using im too avi to dvd converter...when i try it straight to dvd drive it doesnt work

now i can convert the file to audio_ts and video_ts folders...but how do i burn it?
nero complains about something to do with reallocation...
somebody help me...

A:avi to dvd burning

some FREE programs to try...

Free Movies To DVD 1
Avi2Dvd
DVD Flick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-to-dvd-burning.695241/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am having the strangest problem with Roxio ECDC 5(i think is the ver) I was able to burn video cd from mpeg based files for a long time then I got one of those error report errors. No I can not burn a cd using roxio for anything. I have tried re-installing and nothing seems to work. I can use other burning utilies (nero is the one i use mainly) with out any problems. I seems though when I receive the send error report message for any program I can no longer use that program for anything. Any suggestions on how to resolve my dead programs.

A:XP and cd burning

My suggestion would be to dump Roxio and stick with Nero.

When I started using XP I had all kinds of issues with Roxio so needless to say I'm now using Nero on all of my machines.....:D

It's probably one of my own quisks but I really don't like installing two different burning programs on one machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-and-cd-burning-1995.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi can any one tell me how to find out if there is a cd burner on my system and how to burn cds if there is.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 27.52%

hey all.. i have a cd burner.. i have this .avi movie i made it dvd with a video converter.. it increased the sieze from 300mb to almost 2 gb
ii have this DVD-r blank cds.. can i burn that file in there and can they be played in any dvd player

A:burning a DVD

I'm not sure of an answer, but my post will get you back to the top for others to see again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-dvd.292569/
Relevancy 27.52%

Ok, I'm having a bit of trouble burning a DVD here, I can download them and watch them on my computer with no problem at all its just getting them onto the disc and hoping they work on my dvd player.

I have a fairly new computer (vista) and when i insert my blank DVD cd's a message comes up with the following options...

burn a dvd data disc
burn files to disc
burn a dvd video disc < i choose this one and windows vd maker came up, but when i try to add items (the film) an error message comes u and says the programme has stopped working ???

can anyone give me a hand here ?

thanks in advance

A:Burning a DVD

You may want to visit the TSG rules: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

Category I Offenses
Minor and Sometimes Unintentional Annoyances

Circumventing Copy Protection - While we believe it's reasonable to make backup copies of CDs and DVDs that you own, a lot of people break copy protection for the wrong reasons. The law is still vague, at best, as to if it is legal to break copy protection in order to make such a backup, even for personal use. (The DMCA, for example, seems to make it illegal.) As a result, we do not allow discussion of how to break copy protection at this time. If we can find a nice way to draw the line, we may reconsider this in the future as laws get sorted out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-dvd.697383/
Relevancy 27.52%

One of my kids wanted some video of skateboarders, so I downloaded quite a few small free clips but am having a problem burning them to DVD.

They are .mov, .mp4, .wmv, and .m4v formats. I have quite a few burning programs both downloaded and preinstalled but none seem to want to work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

A:Burning To Dvd?

I think you have to convert those files before you burn, I'm not that savvy with video. I got a guide for maybe what you want to do http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/268285, there is a trial for the software or you could Google for a free video converter.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109756/burning-to-dvd/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am having trouble burnning CD's from my computer that i want to play on other CD players or computers

Relevancy 27.52%

FIRST LET ME SAY YOU GUYS OR GIRLS ARE AWESOME THIS IS MY SECOND TIME USING U AND I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME LIKE LAST TIME I DESPERATELY NEED TO BURN DVD HOWEVER I AM LOST MOST SOFTWARE I HAVE TIRED SAYS SOMETHING LIKE MOVEIS NEED TO BE IN A VIDEO TS FOLDER HOWEVER I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO IT OR CAN YOU RECOMMED SOMETHING THAT WILL ALLOW ME dvd burning TO BURN THE MOVIES I ALREADY HAVE DOWNLOADED SOMETHING SIMPLE THAT WILL CONVERT AND BURN AND DO EVERYTHING I AM COMPUTER STUPID PLEASE HELP burning dvd IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF IT WAS FREE Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card VIA S G UniChrome Pro IGP Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard K M -M Antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:burning dvd

You can get NERO DVD BURNER. It is free for a short amount of time. Most people pirate the program. Which i don't suggest doing. But i do suggest!, Image burn. Its the best. Or the link below is some good choices. Good Luck your burning! Remember if your downloading illegally make sure you don't over seed xD they catch for downloading now through seeds. Peer guardian is very useful. The downloads are all free. Enjoy!

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-...rm=Windows,Webware&sort=popularity+asc&rpp=10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvd.960183/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi guy's experimenting with my CDr discs.

ok,

sceanrio 1, my 700 meg , 80min CD-R disc, when i burnt it on my home pc using the software, but I set it to burn as an AUDIO cd, it could only record some of my stuff (10 trackes), the bar meter showed up to 80 mins.

sceanrio 2, I used a DATA cdr and on same PC, but set it to write as a DATA cd not AUDIO CD and I managed to burn all my Audio tracks (20 odd tracks), showed about 250meg. with ROOM to spare

Both play fine on PC or commerical HIFI decks

???? what gives

Relevancy 27.52%

I want to burn a movie (2 hours worth) on a DVD. It won't fit normally but I think there is an option called "Extended play" or something like that, that will make it that a lot more minutes can fit on a DVD but less quality.

Can anyone help, I want to put this movie on my DVD.

Relevancy 27.52%

Hey all, I have Nero 6, which came with my drive I purchased
I try to burn a dvd(in nero startsmart, I picked "burn dvd-video files") but it asks me for some file types I have never heard of (.bup, .vob,.ifo). Most of the files I have are .avi and mpg, mpeg and wmv, is there a way to convert them so this will work? Help is appreciated......

Also, I would be willing to get another program to burn dvd's that anyone recommends....

Relevancy 27.52%

Hey I have used Dvd decrypter for a year now and I have never updated it because thay stopped makin it but I have had no problems I'm happy but I'm wondering if I am gettin the max of my Dvd Burners patential (Is there a better Dvd buring program out there)I also9 use Dvd shrink

A:Burning dvd's

So you have software that decrypts and copies DVDs.

Maybe its just me but thats illegal and unethical.:unch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvds.63042/
Relevancy 27.52%

hello,
I am looking for some help with burning copies of DVD's. i read on another forum to get dvdshirnk and cdburnerxp programs, i downloaded them but i am not really sure how to use them. i tried a few times to burn a dvd but each time it hasnt worked. can anyone give me just a basic idea of how to do it? thnx for the help. :grinthumb

A:DVD Burning help please

DVDShrink WAS a good program but it's development was halted almost two years ago when the author was hired by ahead.(Nero)

if you are trying to make copies of your commercial DVD movies and you want software that is good and easy to use try the combo of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD they work together, AnyDVD strips the copy protection on the fly as CloneDVD2 trancodes the movie.

you can download thirty day trial versions at www.slysoft.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-help-please.43032/
Relevancy 27.52%

how do you format a avi and burn it to dvd?

A:burning avi to dvd

Nero VisionExpress

I use nero vision express.

Takes an extreamly long time though. A full DVD of films (approx 3) will take anything from 12 - 24 hours

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-avi-to-dvd.43178/
Relevancy 27.52%

After trying a few things I believe my burner is OK and that it s a PC software problem Burnt a DVD using Clone and everything went through fine but file is not recognized and it appears no file was burnt at all Burnt another DVD using Roxio same result as above Always used these programs previously and all has been fine Burnt music not dvd burning CD with ordinary disk and it was OK Tried burning files to a blank DVD using Explorer and it says disk is full or not recordable Put in ordinary disk and it burns OK My burner recognizes DVD and ordinary CD s but can t burn DVD s I recently had to install a trail version of AnyDVD I had a few issues with the program and had to uninstall re-install it a few times It seems it may be the culprit in that dvd not burning it has somehow disabled something in my DVD burner All dvd not burning suggestions and help greatly appreciated as I feel if I go out and buy a new burner dvd not burning I ll still have the same problem thanks nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%

Can anyone shed some light on the procedures to burn a program
with an ISO file extension?

A:Burning iso

Depends on the burning software you are using. All it is is an image of something. Use the file > burn image option. That's what it is in Nero.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-iso.64441/
Relevancy 27.52%

Howdy,

For awhile now, everytime I burn a VCD, the last half~the last quarter (it varies, but it is always the last section of the clips, never the beginning) of the clips do not have audio. I just recently burned a VCD which had 20 clips. The last 7 or so did not have audio. A similar situation has a happened before, multiple times. One time I burned about 8 clips and the last 3 or 4 did not have audio. I am using Nero Express 6.0.0.14 Gateway. I've never had any problems with Nero other than this, and the program has always worked quite well. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is occuring?

Thanks,
CMA

(P.S. I know I posted this in the removable media section, but that section doesn't seem to get hardly any visitors. Plus, you never know, it could have something to do with XP )

A:Burning a VCD....

VCD's have strict encoding standards:
352x240 [email protected] a constant bitrate of 1150bps,and audio @ 44100/196 kbs.

What is the total length of your clips in minutes? VCD uses 10 mb/minute of time, Nero could simply be dumping the audio to fit to the cd or it's encoding the audio to VCD standard and is not being successful.
It could also be a codec problem but I am not sure how.

Try burning to cd-rw to test you will not make so many coasters.
Use something besides Nero, it's great for burning but not for making VCD's try something like Tmpgenc(free for VCD-Mpeg1)for your encoding and google the last freeware copy of VCDeasy for compilation and burning. You will get much better results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-a-vcd-77841.html
Relevancy 27.52%

OK here's one of those stupid but easiest to answer questions, I know-I know I'm a dummy but I'm learning.

I'm going to reformat so I'm copying all of My Docs onto CD, now is it ok to browse the web and use other applications while the CDs are burning if not I'll just have to sit here for hours twiddling my thumbs.

Relevancy 27.52%

I'm not sure if this is the correct board to be posting this topic, but here goes. I am a complete ignoramus when it comes to burning video files to a disc to watch on my DVD player(which also plays VCD format, as well as mp3's). What is the software utility that is used to do this? I have a few video files that I want to watch on my player, but they are currently in avi-format. How do I convert them?

A:Burning avi's to VCD

Have a butchers at the following website:-

www.vcdhelp.com

It goes into great detail what software to use, and gives detailed tutorials and guides to convert different formats of movies...

Hope this helps...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-avis-to-vcd.2786/
Relevancy 27.52%

When ripping album tracks for burning to cd, songs that segue together are broken into 2 seperate files. can these files be restored to their original form for playback.

A:cd burning

Hi, welcome TSG.

Get Audacity, a freeware audio editor/recorder, rip the CD as a wave file, import the 2 files into Audacity, slap them together and export one file, wave if you're going to burn an audio CD or mp3 if that's what you'd like to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.648040/
Relevancy 27.52%

We're using Roxio Burning Software. We're downloading MP3's from the internet. Sometimes the songs burn ok. Sometimes the first song won't play or the CD won't finalize. Any Help?

A:MP3 burning

If you are using RW switch to CDR. If you are already using CDR switch brands. Reliable brands are Fuji, Sony, TDK, and Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden. There are more but you will probably find some of those around.

Make sure you burn disc at once or DAO. It writes the table of contents first that way and there is no chance of its running out of space before it can write the TOC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-burning.69830/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a question. There was a program you could download online that would allow you to burn dvds (like the kind that you rent, not buy in a store) but Im not exactly sure if its available anymore. The kind of dvds that you rent are at a higher gb , like around 9 something, but the ones you buy are usually around 4 or 4.5 gbs. The program would compress or squeeze the file down so you could burn it to a cd. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Any help?

A:dvd burning

As far as I know rental movie DVDs are the same as the ones you can buy in a store. They can be up to about 9 GB in size.

They also usually ave encrypted copy protection. Discussing methods or programs for breaking encryption and copy protection is against TSG rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.649482/
Relevancy 27.52%

Anyone who can Help I'm totally Stumped!!

Question: I'm trying to burn audio recordings onto a CD-R. Once I burn the CD and it closes, the file name is not copied and the properties on the file state the file was burned December 17, 1994??

It does this no matter what program I use to burn the CD. Media player, Sonic, drag and drop the files from desktop to D Drive, Etc. When I play the audio it only says Track 1.

Can anyone help!!!

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-cds-52850.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a MB video file that is in Divx AVI format and I would like to burn it to VCD in order to watch it on my home DVD player I have made VCD s in the past but they are usually much smaller files The problem is in order to burn the file to VCD I have to either A chop the file up since when you burn to VCD you have to encode it in a different larger format B encode the file at a lower quality or C overburn a CD I really don t want to do B since I d like to keep it at a high quality and C just worries me for something as unimportant as a video file So I m going with A Of course I m having problems with A When I chop up the file which is in sync the audio gets terribly out of sync I have read the FAQ s on various sites such as VCDhelp com but many of the sync problem fixes seem to be Burning VCD's pretty time consuming and I m really looking for a quot quick fix quot Any suggestions nbsp

A:Burning VCD's

go to http://doom9.net and download DVD2SVCD. Switch it to AVI2SVCD mode and set the time limits (on the bitrate tab) to how many CD's you want the movie to span. (that will make sense once you try the program. Also since you want VCD instead of SVCD then make sure you check MPEG-1 instead of MPEG-2. Hit "go" and in a few hours you will have the movie on 2 CD's (image files) with no sync problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-vcds.78691/
Relevancy 27.52%

If you don't have a burning system in your computer, is it possible to be able to burn cd's by just downloading some software? And if so, what kind of software?

A:CD burning.

Its your choice... whatever burning software you want. I personally like Nero, just cuz its user friendly and it has everything...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-52115.html
Relevancy 27.52%

This is a hardware problem just not quite a direct computer problem I have had my system on a battery backup since I had an APC Ups Burning Keeps Out that worked flawlessly for years It finally died and i bought a APC XS This has a USB connection and the quot cool quot software that monitors your electrical connection The first one died after about days It popped the house circut breaker when it went When you turn it on the overload light comes on immediatly and the alarm sounded I had it replaced under warrenty The second one died the same way in days now the third one has died also I have hooked the computer up the same way as the old WHAT AM I DOING WRONG A little more detail I have the computer monitor printer scanner plugged into a power strip so I can shut them all off I have a phone answering machine dsl router port switch and a cradle for my wireless mouse all plugged in these are left on all the Ups Keeps Burning Out time according to the APC software I am using to watts The XS can supply watts All Ups Keeps Burning Out three units dies at night when the computer was off and the other things were on I did a quick google search did find one other person with a similar situation but am unable to contact him I plan on buying another unit from another manufacturer But I would like some comments first Any Help appreciated Steve L nbsp

A:Ups Keeps Burning Out

Steve,

With the demise of three units to your credit, I would be suspicious of what's going on with your house electrical...spikes, or whatever.

Contact your power company and ask them to put a monitor on your line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ups-keeps-burning-out.415375/
Relevancy 27.52%

ok i got some .avi, and some .mp4 and i wanted to know if its possible if i can burn them on a dvd so i can watch it on my dvd player.

P.S. i use nero 6

A:burning a dvd

I have actually been going through this problem the past month. I got a new DVD burner and everything, but I can burn .avi's. I found an OK program. It's a 2 program thing: Cucusoft converter, then Cucusoft burner. I use this, but it loses quality and the file size inlarges. I had a 700mb file that went into a 4gb file once converted. You can find Cucusoft over download.com. It's a demo, but if you go to their site you can buy it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-dvd.440511/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am new with windows 7 -previously used xp - how do I set up a backup to go to the cd? in xp it would go to a file and then tell you that you had files waiting to be burned. Any suugestions would be great -thank you -
el

A:cd burning

I think a CD maybe too small for a & back up to be honest.....you should ideally use a DVD..

If you want to access the back up its : Control Panel > System & Security > Back Up computer

and there are options as you see fit

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/100904-cd-burning.html
Relevancy 27.52%

hi there
i have recently installed windows 7 and have found that my 2 burning progarams have stop burning things now.
why is this happening? i have nero 9 and an old version of roxio. both worked fine until i got windows 7.
i just tried to burn a disk with media player and that also didnt work.
my cd drive is fine so is there any answers?
thanks heaps

A:Burning cd's and DVD's

Hi,

Are you getting any error messages or anything when trying to use these programs or are they simply not starting up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/54935-burning-cds-dvds.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Windows Media Player series that won t burn cds After I downloaded music and created a playlist I was unable to burn my cd At the top of my media player it said Copy quot All Music quot to quot Roxio CD Burning quot but when I clicked quot Copy quot a box appeared that said quot No devices capable of burning disks were found on your system Please check your hardware and drive connections and try again quot I don t understand what s going on because in the quot Status quot field after I pressed quot Copy quot it showed that it was completed however no Burning CDs Help songs were burned I even Help Burning CDs tried downloading a Roxia trial offer and a box appeared that said quot No recorder quot But I proceeded to Help Burning CDs try again and still nothing I don t want to keep downloading programs that s just going to take up space on my computer without being useful nbsp

A:Help Burning CDs

Obvious things -

1.Go into the properties of the CD drive in My computer.Make sure "allow CD burning from this drive is checked"

2.Go into the Device Manager and make sure it`s recognized and doesn`t have a problem.

3.Reinstall CD drivers and associated software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-burning-cds.48320/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a windows 7 Acer laptop.
I have a film which i am trying to burn from a Windows Live DVD maker onto a blank DVD.
My drive is called DVD RW. I bought DVD + R disks.
The film is not being copied to the disk, it is just staying blank.
Should i be buying the DVD - R disk?
What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

Relevancy 27.52%

I recently got a DVD burner on my computer and I hav Sonic Record Now installed so that I can burn my CD s and DVD s I downloaded some information that I wanted to save to Burning DVD's DVD but when I dragged the info to the section where it is supposed to be and then burn the DVD I don t see anything when I try to play the DVD Thought at first that maybe the DVD should be formatted but in the information I read Burning DVD's it says the program does this for me On my old computer all I had to do was drag my info or pictures onto my CD creator program and it worked fine so can t figure out what i am doing wrong here I tried playing my DVD on the computer andI saw nothing and on my regular DVD player and I got an error message and it told me to remove the disk from the player Does anyone have this program on their computer or is there another program I can try to install that might work better for me Don t understand why things are so difficult with this it is probably just me but don t understand why things that seem so simple are so difficult Thanks again for your help nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%

hello,

I have been using Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7 to burn dvds from .avi files i have stored on my pc. i have been using dvd-rw and dvd+rs at 2X and 4X and the dvd player i have shows this messed up format with parts of the movie going everywhere....however when i fastforward or rewind the dvd it returns to how it should be, but when i press play it begins to mess up, ive tried several burns, but it never changes so it is not the dvds, i wonder if it is my player or possibly the fact the .avi files are widescreen, i do not know.

help is appreciated
dan o d

A:Help with dvd burning

do the dvd's play in the pc? i've used santadvd to convert AVI clips to .vob and then burn them to disc with good success.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-dvd-burning-104779.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Does anybody know of any CD Burning software that supports the new 780 MB and 900 MB disc sizes?

Thanks.