Windows Support Forum

Specs I need, give me specs. Opinion Sollicitation for work PC...

Q: Specs I need, give me specs. Opinion Sollicitation for work PC...

Which Intel P4 Processor and what storage options to use?

Hello everyone. I need to spec out a new testing PC for work, so I'm asking for some opinions. The role this thing will play is a VMware test machine. I will be creating VMware images to run application tests, break/fix, troubleshooting, etc. The operating systems on the images will likely be Server 2003 and XP. So I was thinking of 2 gigs memory, but that may be too conservative. The help I really need is with the CPU and storage. I obviously want a multi core/hyperthreaded CPU, but which one? Hot swapapble RAID would be nice, but what level, and do I need a stand-alone RAID controller or can I use the mobo's?

Thanks all, in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Specs I need, give me specs. Opinion Sollicitation for work PC...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Specs I need, give me specs. Opinion Sollicitation for work PC...

The Xeon Line of CPU's usally do very well in a server like setup. Alot of the time you can get the dual CPU motherboards. If you perfer though maybe one of the new Intel Dual Cores will run well, although im not sure, most servers I know of run dual Xeon's.

As for storage, if you have the money, get SCSI contolers and RAID SCSI drives. They are alot quicker.

And 2GB of RAM seems fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-i-need-give-me-specs-opinion-sollicitation-for-work-pc.35001/
Relevancy 102.34%

hi guys,
i need an opinion on this GPU specs.

tnx.

A:Need an opinion on this GPU specs

That is an HD 4850. It is a decent mid-ranged card, comparable to the nVidia GTS 250, and should be able to run almost any current game at high settings, when run at lower resolutions. Is that what you are looking for? I was not really sure by your question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-an-opinion-on-this-gpu-specs.137703/
Relevancy 101.05%

Intel Pentium 4 630, 3.0 GHz, 2MB L2, 800 MHz FSB, Socket LGA775 $212.00
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA/150 250GB 7200RPM 16MB Buffer (OEM) $116.00
Corsair DDR2 PC2-4200 533MHz Value Select 1GB 240-pin $119.00
Asus P5GD2-X Socket 775 Intel 915P Chipset Dual-Ch DDR2 600 $118.00
XFX GeForce 6800GS 256Mb DDR3 TV-Out DVI-I PCI Express Graphics Card $245.00
LG 52X CD-RW/16X DVD-ROM Combo Drive (Black) $35.99
AOpen QF50D (Black) Mid Tower Case w/ 350 Watt PS and Air Duct $68.00

total: $913.99

Few questions:

is 350 Watts enough?
how does the 6800 GS stand up to the others?
how can I improve this system but still stay budgeted under 1000 and i'm using www.canadacomputers.com

A:System specs - need opinion

350w is enough but a with a auper cheap PSU it might die early

Personally , I would recommend AMD over a similarly priced intel system but thats up to you.

Are these prices in CDN or USD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-specs-need-opinion.45071/
Relevancy 99.76%

Please read the specs of each computer and use your knowledge of which computer is better or make any suggestions on what i should change like the video cards or too computer give the please on i help should Need which buy i specs any other option on the computer everyones help would be greatly appreciated I was thinking the amd Need help on which computer i should buy i give the specs too please computer but all info and know how would be great Once again thank you very much to all who participated This the first system AMD Athlon x Dual Core Bit Socket K Cache Cooler Master Aquagate R Liquid cooling system ASUS A N-SLI Deluxe nForce PCI-EX SLI DDR SATA GB LAN iEEE GB PC DDR x GB Dual Channel When choosing video card please refer to board s specifications for compatibility Check more info SLI Dual GeForce GTX Mb DDR PCI Express X cards GB Western Digital RPM SERIAL ATA UDMA m cache Hard Drive Dual Cooling Fan Internal Need help on which computer i should buy i give the specs too please GB Western Digital RPM SERIAL ATA UDMA m cache Hard Drive Dual Cooling Fan Internal Samsung X DVD-ROM Drive black Samsung x x x DVD CDRW Combo Drive black or white Sound Blaster Audigy- ZS WIRELESS G PCI NETWORK CARD USB Adapter Card port PCI Thermaltake Tsunami VA DBA black W side window front USB amp IEEE Case Exhaust fan Video card cooling fan This is the second computer Intel Pentium GHz FSB K Socket Cooler Master Aquagate R Liquid cooling system Gigabyte N-SLI Quad Royal nForce dual core SLI PCI Ex DDR S-ATA GB LAN When choosing memory please refer to board s specifications for compatibility Check more info GB x GB PC DDR Dual Channel When choosing video card please refer to board s Need help on which computer i should buy i give the specs too please specifications for compatibility Check more info SLI Dual GeForce GTX Mb DDR PCI Express X cards GB Western Digital RPM SERIAL ATA UDMA m cache Hard Drive Dual Cooling Fan Internal GB Western Digital RPM SERIAL ATA UDMA m cache Hard Drive Dual Cooling Fan Internal Samsung X DVD-ROM Drive black Samsung x x x DVD CDRW Combo Drive black or white Sound Blaster Audigy- ZS WIRELESS G PCI NETWORK CARD USB Adapter Card port PCI Thermaltake Tsunami VA DBA black W side window front USB amp IEEE Case Exhaust fan Video card cooling fan nbsp

A:Need help on which computer i should buy i give the specs too please

For a start, it would be great to know what you will be using your computer mainly for. Personally, I would go for the AMD one. Straight away. But if you let us know what you will be mainly using it for then we could look into it a bit more for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-which-computer-i-should-buy-i-give-the-specs-too-please.49719/
Relevancy 98.47%

As my post says I need the specs of both drives, paticularly the type of termination (active, etc). (I am definately NOT a SCSI savvy person)

Heres my problem I have a proprietary graphics computer that uses standard SCSI hard drives up to about 340mb for saving images. It is compatible with most Quantum LPS/Prodrive and Conner drives, especially the 120mb and 270mb versions.
Anyway I got a large number of IBM WDS3160's due to the lack of the latter and they do not work properly.

With the ibm drives I have problems with line noise and detection.

What is the difference (electronically) between an IBM WDS-3160 and a Conner 30100 drive? Is there any way I can get the IBM drive to function similarly to a Conner 30100?

Please note that I am only using one drive in the system.

Thanx for any help

A:Need IBM WDS-3160 specs and Conner cp30100 specs major trouble

I believe I've found a difference between the two drives, it seems that the conner unit automatically enables SCSI parity and the ibm drive makes no mention of it.
Do any of you think this could be the issue? If so how would I enable parity on the ibm drive?

Thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-ibm-wds-3160-specs-and-conner-cp30100-specs-major-trouble.116852/
Relevancy 96.75%

I have an hp dv6t-1359 specs are

Windows 7 Home Premium

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 298 GB
Disk partition (C 198 GB Free (285 GB Total)
Disk partition (D 2 GB Free (13 GB Total)
Media drive (E CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Total available graphics memory 1695 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1631 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.1872
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Network Adapter Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter

A:Need opinion on current laptop specs and suggestion for new video card

You can't upgrade the graphics card in a laptop. What programs cause it to crash?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-opinion-on-current-laptop-specs-and-suggestion-for-new-video-card.137757/
Relevancy 92.02%

I made a previous post about a computer I was planning to buy and whether Fallout 3 can run on those specs. But there's been a change of plans. The computer is sold out and outta stock so this is my second choice to buy Costco.

Would this computer with these specs run Fallout 3 at least above medium settings?

HP Pavilion e9280t Desktop
Intel Core i7 Processor
1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650
9GB RAM
1TB Hard drive
Windows 7 Home Premium

A:(Different specs) So would this computer with these specs be able to run Fallout 3?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/different-specs-so-would-this-computer-with-these-specs-be-able-to-run-fallout-3.879533/
Relevancy 86.43%

I don't know if I'm even wording this question correctly but I think you guys will get my meaning hopefully.

My current MB (cheapo ASRock GEPro-M2) is:
IDE1: ATA 133 / Ultra DMA Mode 6
IDE2: ATA 133 / Ultra DMA Mode 6

I am about to purchase a new HD (this one hopefully) which is listed as ATA 100.

Does my new HD have to be ATA 133 or is it backwards compatible like RAM?

My current HD (Samsung Spinpoint P Series 80GB IDE ATA133) is about to give up the ghost, it's doing a scandisk on me sometimes twice a day (BT killed it I think). I'm going to keep the beater for BT only and use the new one for my system.

Thanks for advice in advance,
istrain

A:Solved: ATA 133 MB Specs, Work With ATA 100 HD?

Yes. Your ATA100 drive will work just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ata-133-mb-specs-work-with-ata-100-hd.430900/
Relevancy 85.57%

Processor: CORE I7 3.5G 8MB SR0 920492 (i7-3770k quad core)
OS: GFC-02050 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit OEM
Motherboard: ASUS SKT.1155 INTEL Z77 ATX
Power Supply: Cooler Master Extreme 725W

And with this video card
Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 1280 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI-I/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Limited Lifetime Warranty Graphics Card, 012-P3-1570-AR: Electronics

And if not, could you tell me what i would have to do to modify it for it to work? Thanks

A:Will this video card work with these specs?

It will be just fine. The only limitation is the size of your case, as it is a fairly long card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/251635-will-video-card-work-these-specs.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello and if you are reading this i need your help okay so i m sort of a a computer. review together my if they'll specs, I work Building don't Please know noob with computers I know more than the average person my knowledge level is currently sitting at quot have a vague idea of how to build a computer quot I have been doing a little research since i want to build my own computer and these are the specs i chose Case Thermaltake Armor A Case Cost CPU Intel Core i Cost Graphics Card ASUS GeForce GT GB Low Profile Cost Monitor ASUS VH H in Widescreen LED Monitor Cost Memory G Skill ECO F - CL D- GBECO x GB DDR Cost HDD Samsung SpinPoint F Building a computer. Please review my specs, I don't know if they'll work together TB HD SJ Cost SSD Corsair Force Series GB SSD Cost Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z Building a computer. Please review my specs, I don't know if they'll work together A-D B Motherboard Cost Building a computer. Please review my specs, I don't know if they'll work together Optical drive ASUS DRW- B ST X DVDRW Drive Cost Power Supply Gigabyte Odin W Cost CPU Cooler CoolerMaster Hyper CPU Cooler Cost TOTAL I m from Australia so i cant use newegg which blows because newegg is awesome so im using a website called vww pccasegear c m its where i found all the specs SO anyway please if you have a minute just scan over the specs and give me a heads up on if everything is compatible it all fits and works together I m not being ripped off on a scale of average everyday pc thats a few years old to custom built computer with insane specs please rate these My price range is at most Much appreciated nbsp

A:Building a computer. Please review my specs, I don't know if they'll work together

What is your intended usage for this computer?

It looks OK, but the GPU is weak if your considering the build for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-please-review-my-specs-i-dont-know-if-theyll-work-together.168858/
Relevancy 83.85%

What VIDEO CARDS Work on my computer? (I have COMPLETE specs)

Ignore my other posts, I have found my computers complete specs, can someone tell me an affordable (less then $100) video card that can run WoW well?

here link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=bpb11683&lc=en

A:What VIDEO CARDS Work on my computer (have COMPLETE specs)?

In my specs, it says AGP 4X 1.5v, does that mean any video cards that say 8X i cant use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-cards-work-on-my-computer-have-complete-specs.38137/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I'm writing about a problematic computer - my work computer As far as the specs go the computer should be just fine handling complicated tasks normal specs with work Incredibly seemingly slow computer and doing it in a breeze especially the work tasks I throw at it but instead it is unbearably slow taking about seconds to open an email to view it about seconds to open microsoft word or excel or access as well as almost a minute to load internet explorer and the home page All this wait time adds up to Incredibly slow work computer with seemingly normal specs very little productivity and great frustration The specs are GHZ or so Pentium Processor with gb of ram It is a Dell and I would give the model number if I had remembered to write it down Baseline the computer runs at - CPU load Task manager gives me the following information The CPU doesn't go above when loading pages opening documents etc It is not a Incredibly slow work computer with seemingly normal specs slow CPU issue Commit Charge is MB MB Total physical memory is k available total kernel memory with paged Peak commit charge of a total and limit processes are running This is all within limits of normal operation There is nothing out of the ordinary except for this exceptionally slow usability No programs use too much memory Office programs use the most out of them all and no programs use too much CPU The hard drive isn't full and is defragmented The strangest part is that I have some networked drives as links in my start menu the sort of links with the arrow so you can highlight it and navigate the folders with the start menu open and browsing through those folders is a BREEZE It takes no time at all I can probably browse networked folders as fast or faster than the folders on my computer Is it a hard drive issue What can I do I'm pretty sure office tech support won't be too happy if I start taking out the HD and installing my own What ideas can you propose

A:Incredibly slow work computer with seemingly normal specs

I have some basic "shotgun" suggestions.

Run run a slow optimize with MyDefrag.

Check Device Manager, click "show hidden devices" and uninstall all flagged devices.

Check Event Viewer and look for errors under "Application" and "System"

run "chkdsk /f"

Take a hard look at your processes. One, you might be infected. Two, anything that has "update" in it is probably unnecessary. Google updater, Adobe updater, Java updater, HPUpdater, all of that is worthless crap.

Take a look at your Services. Turn off "Error Reporting" and "Help & Support" which are on by default and do absolutely nothing for you other than use up system resources.

What's the AV software ? It might have a problem, scanning every little thing you do, has an error, reports the errors, tries the scan again, etc... Is it bloated AV software, like Norton ? Is there more than one installed ? Many dummies think that having Spybot, Ad-Aware and Pest Patrol installed will make their computer extra, EXTRA safe, when instead it slows it to a crawl, unless the AV softwares are conflicting in which case it doesn't work at all.

Remove as much unnecessary installed software via Add/Remove. Also, with this in mind, use lighter freeware (like Foxit) rather than bloated proprietary software like ADOBE (crap!) Reader.

Grab your IT Tech by the scruff of his neck in one hand and his pocket protector with the other, and drag him into your cubicle and make him optimize your machine. If he can't, or refuses then beat him with his slide-rule, give him both a wedgie and a noogie before sending him back home to his mother's basement. Then find another IT Tech.

Too many people assume that the IT guy is only there to fix black & white problems. If it's not "broken" it must be good. There's a lot of grey in between those two points, and the world is just chock-full of IT guys looking to make money sitting in the air conditioning. If your IT person is not enthusiastically interested in maximizing your computer experiences (and therefore your productivity), there are 10 recent college grads looking for an entry level position doing that person's job waiting just outside the door with resume's in hand.

There were too many numbers when you reported your RAM, and I have a minor bout of micro-narcolepsy. Is it 2 Mbytes, or what ? Increasing RAM is always a good idea. XP can see up to a maximum of 3.5 Mbyte, but in order to get the RAM to run in dual channel you have to think about certain things, like matching speeds (DDR) and sizes. Think the safest thing to do is try to get 2 X 2 Gbytes of RAM and just let the excess 500 Mbytes go to waste. Also, check what speed the RAM is vs. what you motherboard can run. If the M/B can handle DDR 400 and you've only got PC2700 (DDR 333) then there's an opportunity to get a slight tweak.

Check your BIOS and make sure some goober hasn't messed with the settings so that they are running slower than they have to. The last computer I fixed had the FSB set to 100 Mhz when it could have been running at 200. Video speeds should be checked too, and tweaked to their max. Don't try to OC. Too much time for not enough benefit.

There. That should keep you busy for a while.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/incredibly-slow-work-computer-with-seemingly-normal-specs-414136.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I dont know if this video card works on my computer :

XFX GeForce 9800 GT 256-bit GDDR3
Newegg.com - XFX PVT98GYDLH GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
YouTube - XFX GeForce 9800 GT Video Card

So I was wondering if someone could give me an answer.
Here are my system specs :
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Vista Home Basic
Service Pack 1
Manufacturer : eMachines
Rating : 3.3
Memory (RAM): 2 GB
32-bit Operating System
Processor : Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz, 2999 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processors

BIOS version/date : Intel Corp. CF94510J.15A.0038.2007.0226.1646, 2/26/2007

System Type : X86-based PC
Total Virtual Memory : 4.21 GB
------------------------------------------------------------------

And sorry about giving so much specs, I just want my repliers to have an exact answer and I want them to be sure.

A:Will the XFX GeForce 9800 GT 256-bit GDDR3 work on my current system specs?

as long as your psu can take it it should

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/245946-will-xfx-geforce-9800-gt-256-bit-gddr3-work-my-current-system-specs.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have been working with apacer ddr2 800 mhz for awhile without any problems. I just wanted to have something faster so i bought a 4GB kit consisting of 2x 2GB corsair dominator that are suppost to work at 1066mhz at 5-6-6-18. But when i try setting it in bios to 1066 it shows me 1067.If i try that speed my latency jumps above the posted spec to 5-7-7-23. Are there any suggestions to what i should do?

A:Corsair ddr2 dominator 1066mhz won't work at the posted specs on my asus m3a79-t

what happens if you set the timings to auto? it all depends on the motherboard really... and since you were using ddr2 800 before, i would set the timings to auto and see what each module reads using CPU-Z. also, have you tried just setting it to 1065... just for kicks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-ddr2-dominator-1066mhz-wont-work-at-the-posted-specs-on-my-asus-m3a79-t.139799/
Relevancy 75.25%

I was just wondering seeing as i might buy CSS for my PC. Below are my system specs:
Gigabyte Nforce3 Mobo
1 Gig Crucial ddr400 ram
Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 overclocked at 290/443
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Onboard 8ch Audio

Your advise will be great, like if theirs anyone out there with similar specs that can tell me what GFX settings to use and stuff like that. Thanks

-MahaGamer

A:Will Counter Strike Source/DOD source work on my System?(specs inside)

you can probably expect 60 fps on medium settings, maybe a little better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-counter-strike-source-dod-source-work-on-my-system-specs-inside.434765/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I'm buying a new PC that can hopefully handle high-end games and flight sims such as FSX, and picked up a leaflet today from the local shop.
Below are the specs of their top-of-the-range model (£629/ 1100 dollars), do you think it'll do straight off the shelf or shall I ask them to fit a more powerful processor or vid card or whatever?

INTEL QUAD CORE Q6600 2.4 Ghz
4 GB DDR II 667 Mhz RAM
500 GB SATA II HARD DRIVE
DVD+/- Rewriter & DVD Drive
9600GS 256Mb PCIE Video
WIN VISTA Premium Edition

A:Will these specs do?

MickinDevon said:

Hi, I'm buying a new PC that can hopefully handle high-end games and flight sims such as FSX, and picked up a leaflet today from the local shop.
Below are the specs of their top-of-the-range model (£629/ 1100 dollars), do you think it'll do straight off the shelf or shall I ask them to fit a more powerful processor or vid card or whatever?

INTEL QUAD CORE Q6600 2.4 Ghz
4 GB DDR II 667 Mhz RAM
500 GB SATA II HARD DRIVE
DVD+/- Rewriter & DVD Drive
9600GS 256Mb PCIE Video
WIN VISTA Premium EditionClick to expand...
That's pretty good as far as the specs go, but the price seems high for RAM that's 667mhz, and a 256mb video card.

I would expect at least 4gb 800mhz RAM and a 8800GT or 9600GT 512mb video card for that price.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-these-specs-do.744364/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey everyone new to the boards Im an avid counter-strike source New rig: specs? CSS player trying to run the game on a single-core very outdated machine and am about to upgrade Ive been looking into Puget Velocity Micro and Falcon- Northwest systems Im still debating but New rig: CSS specs? the Falcon machine looks a bit too good to pass up Heres the possible specs TJ- - Black Anodized Silverstone Watt Strider - Modular nVidia nForce I - SLI Intel Core Duo E GHz Zalman CNPS B-ALCU LED GB X GB MHZ DDR x nVidia GTS MB Integrated On-Board Audio Seagate GB MB Cache SATA Lite-On X DVD -RW W Lightscribe Sony in Floppy-Black Windows XP Pro - Bit Samsung amp - x Enermax Quiet Mag-Lev Fans Year - Parts and Labor Known issues with this configuration None System Price question would this be a good setup for high FPS games such as css I used to have pretty bad choke and reg and around fps I want an extreme increase in performance what do you guys think nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Okay, so I got a computer about a year ago, i thought it would still be good for gaming for now but the new games that I play it just doesn't work with great as I'd expect. I have a small list of specs, Not really sure on how to dig up more.

Someone tell me what I need to improve to have a decent/good gaming computer.

Windows XP
Pentium 4 @ 2800 GHZ
1024 MB of Memory
160 GB Hard Drive
1.00GB of RAM
Radeon X300 SE 128MB Hypermemory

If you need more tell me how to get it and I'll place it here.

Relevancy 68.37%

Im looking at a new machine with the following specs. Dont need a high end gamer but want something that will be ok for mid range stuff/games and keep my young teenagers happy.

Its a P4 2.8 800FSB
Epox 4PGMI i 865ge 800fsb, DDR400, SATA,VGA
Legend 512mb DDR (PC3200)
Hitachi 120G 7.2k 7200rpm 8M cache
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB DDR TV/DVI
BenQ 17" LCD 16ms

Need reliability.

Is the video card ok?

ta as always

Relevancy 68.37%

Hopefully this is the most appropriate forum for this I have a PC that is about - years old and while it has been upgraded many times it s showing its age when I try and run any of the new games No surprise there I have a bit of money to spend and am considering going the Alienware PC route I already have an Alienware laptop and am happy with it I customized the PC I d like and it came out to with shipping and taxes Below are the specs - do you see anything that would be worth waiting a month or two to drop in price The price is crazy but I want a system that will be future-proofed for at least a year or two What do you think Are there any new GPUs or processors on the horizon that would be worth waiting for if only to make the below specs cheaper Thanks in advance ----------- Area- on with Help specs new PC Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Alienware P Chassis Alienware P Chassis with AlienIce Video Cooling - Conspiracy Blue System Lighting Alienware AlienFX System Lighting - Astral Blue High-Performance Liquid Cooling Alienware High-Performance Liquid Cooling Acoustic Dampening Alienware Acoustic Dampening Power Supply Alienware Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply Graphics Processor Dual Graphics Processors - Dual MB NVIDIA GeForce GT - SLI Enabled Video Optimizer AlienAdrenaline v Video Performance Optimizer - More Info Memory GB Low Latency Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz - x MB Motherboard Help with specs on new PC Alienware Approved NVIDIA nForce i SLI Motherboard Operating System Office software not included Windows Vista Home Premium DirectX Ready Desktop Tuners and Remotes Without Media Center Remote Control System Drive Single Drive Configuration - GB SATA Gb s RPM MB Cache Storage Drive Additional Storage Drive - GB SATA Gb s RPM MB Cache Optical Drives Single Drive Configuration - X Dual Layer Burner DVD RW w LightScribe Enthusiast Essentials Dual High Performance Gigabit Ethernet Ports Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer High Definition Audio - More Info Monitor No Monitor Keyboard Premium Keyboard - Alienware USB Full-Size Keyboard Mouse Premium Mouse - Standard Optical -Button Mouse with Scroll Wheel Warranty -Year AlienCare Toll-Free Phone Support w Onsite Service AlienRespawn AlienRespawn v Recovery DVD Windows Vista Edition Removable Storage Alienware -in- Digital Media Reader Writer nbsp

A:Help with specs on new PC

go to this site and get all that same stuff for about a 1/4 fo what you would pay... www.geeks.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-specs-on-new-pc.97705/
Relevancy 68.37%

Specs:
Motherboard: Aopen MX46-800N
Bios: R1.01b

Processor:
CPU Vendor: Intel
Type: Pentium 4
Frequency: 3000Mhz = 200Mhz * 15.0
Core Voltage: 1.47V

Ram = 480MB

These are my Specs, Would I be able to Run Vista.. Even though Video Driver Not Supported?
Everything Passes according to Pitstop. My XP My Jetwater-co

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I m new to your forum of specs with the Help PC next my but I joined up because the replies in other threads seemed quite friendly unlike some forums I know of Anyway I m planning on building a new PC to use for recording music I m an amateur musician I ve made a list of Help with the specs of my next PC components I m planning to use but having not followed the developments in the PC world too keenly for the last couple of years I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to check the list below and make sure eveything will work together All suggestions are also welcome --- CPU Intel Pentium BTX Socket GHz MB EM T Motherboard MSI P N Diamond Socket nForce SLI PCI-E ATX UPDATED to a different motherboard as the old one didn t support SATA- RAM Corsair Memory TWIN X A - XMS - x MB DIMM CAS What I m worried about here is have I got the right type of each thing and are they getting the best out of each other --- HDD Hitachi Deskstar T K GB S Graphics Gigabyte GF MB TC PCI-E Just like to know really if these will work with the motherboard and if the HDD will achieve SATA with said motherboard --- No question about these really just in case you re interested grinthumb Power supply Antec SmartBlue GB was thinking of upgrading this the higher power version not sure if there is any point though Case Antec P EU PC Case Performance One Series DVD Drive http www dabs com ProductView aspx QuickLinx TS --- I realise this is quite a big task for anyone to sift through so no worries if nobody has the time Thanks Rick nbsp

A:Help with the specs of my next PC

I just did a calculation of your PSU needs and you're at about 300w or so. I think you'll need a better PSU than a 350, otherwise you'll be working it pretty hard. MINIMUM you should get is a 380, but you should consider a 450w I'd say, especially if you ever plan to upgrade anthing or add another HDD for example.

But good choice for looking at the Antec PSUs. They are trustworthy. Oh, and I love that case you are looking at too.

I don't know enough about Intel based systems, so can't help you there. Hopefully someone comes along soon. cheers!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-the-specs-of-my-next-pc.35455/
Relevancy 68.37%

If I remember right, I have seen a link to click on that will show me the specifications on my computer. Couldn't find a posting with that link though. Sure would like that if you would. It has XP OS.

Thanks

A:How to get specs on my PC?

siw will give you pretty detailed info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-specs-on-my-pc.1022194/
Relevancy 68.37%

I want to make a pc and here is my specs please tell me if the pc will be able to build and tell me what you think Graphics Card http www amazon co uk Gigabyte-Ge XPHO ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Processor http www amazon co uk Intel-Gener s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - MotherBoard http www amazon co uk Asus-P Z - XPHM ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Cooler http www amazon co uk Cooler-Mast s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - SSD http www amazon co uk Samsung-Ser s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr specs please PC help - RAM http www amazon co uk Corsair-CML s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Power Supply http www ebuyer com -corsair-tx- w-v -psu- plus-bronze-certified-cmpsu- txv uk Hard Drive http www amazon co uk Seagate-inc GS ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Monitor http www amazon co uk Acer-S HL s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Case http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid CA- -CM amp tool Windows http www ebay co uk itm Latest-Mi ting Software Software SR amp hash item PC specs please help d aef e W-LAN http www amazon co uk TL-WDN - X ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - PSU http www amazon co uk Corsair-Pro s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - nbsp

A:PC specs please help

closing duplicate, please respond here.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1093216-will-my-pc-work.html

also please remember that the sort of posting you are participating in can easily be construed to forum flooding.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-specs-please-help.1093215/
Relevancy 68.37%

I just purchased my PC parts (coming tomorrow!!) and I was wondering what other people's computer specs. Well here is my PC spec.

Antec 900 Case
ABIT IP35-E LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
EVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz
Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667
Sythe Ninja Plus Revision B (CPU heatsink)

Relevancy 68.37%

can any one tell me if the IBM aptiva E26 desktop came with a 1.0 or 1.1 USB port.

A:usb specs

Go into device manager and look at the USB Controllers. If they say "ENHANCED" then you have USB 2.0, if not its 1.1

Storage_man

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-specs.334244/
Relevancy 68.37%
Q: Specs

Okay I need detailed specs of a Dell Dimension 4100 desktop pc.. i know its old but i just need the specs(i.e- motherboard,max ram etc...)

THNX SO MUCH

A:Specs

http://www.labdv.com/leon-lab/pc/multiboot/dell_4100_en.htm
Do a Google search next time. There are 260,000 results for Dell Dimension 4100.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs.401595/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi My buddy is building me a computer and he sent me a list at Could specs please these look someone of the components he is gonna use to make me a desktop I was wondering if someone could look at the list and let me know if I am getting a good deal and how you would rate the computer and if you had any suggestions Motherboard ASUS P GD Could someone look at these specs please P LGA xPCI-E X xPCI-E X GbLan SATA amp IDE Raid CPU Intel P LGA- E w HT RAM OCZ PDC-K x M PC Kit - - - GB Total Video SAPPHIRE Radeon X XT MB PCI-Express x Sound onboard -channel HD audio HDD WD Caviar SE G rpm SATA M HDD Caviar SE G rpm SATA M CD X DVD int IDE Black DVD GSA B X X Dual Layer DVD RW Oem Black Case Scorpio Mid Tower BLUE w o PS PS ATX w P Power Supply So there it is The whole thing after tax will be CND nbsp

A:Could someone look at these specs please

The hardware is top notch, in the states I would charge about the same including labor so yes it's a great deal. One suggestion get as much cooling as you can the P4 Prescott’s get very hot as does the Northbridge, and memory, typical temps in my P4 3.2E are around 50c to 64c and system temps are around 24c to 27c and this is a socket 478 with 5 case fans (3 in 2 out), the LGA's get even hotter. Read more on this here-- http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041114/p4_560-06.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-someone-look-at-these-specs-please.306126/
Relevancy 68.37%
Q: Specs

Does anyone know where I can get a list of PCs, cpu, buses, cords, RAM, Processors, speeds of things...etc and their specs that have been around since PCs have been around. Something like a good study sheet instead of going over notes? If so, can you please direct me to one. Much appreciated.

TIA

A:Specs

bruinator said:

Does anyone know where I can get a list of PCs, cpu, buses, cords, RAM, Processors, speeds of things...etc and their specs that have been around since PCs have been around. Something like a good study sheet instead of going over notes? If so, can you please direct me to one. Much appreciated.

TIAClick to expand...

Just google it, there are lots of review sites

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs.469900/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi & good day What is ram specs for G40-70 model. There is two slots in my laptop so i want to install 2*8Gb, total ram will be 16Gb but i need to know ram speed and specs please to buy . Here is what recorde on the genuine ram :  4G 1Rx8 PC3L-12800S-11-13-B4  Thank You

????????_??????.jpg ?2144 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G40-70-ram-specs/td-p/3433813
Relevancy 68.37%
Q: specs?

Are these specs good enough to SMOOTHLY run the new Flight Simulator X???
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 3800+
500GB Seagate 7200RPM HDD
Ati Radeon x1300 PCI-E 512MB Graphics card
2048MB RAM

A:specs?

Yeah, I think so: http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulatorx.aspx#sysreqs

The system is leaps and bounds above the requirements for the game which are as follows:

* Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 / Vista
* PC with 1 GHz equivalent or higher processor
* 256 MB of system RAM for Windows XP SP2 / 512 MB Vista
* 14 GB available hard disk space
* 32x speed or faster DVD-ROM drive
* 32 MB DirectX 9 compatible video card required
* Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
* Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
* 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs.509506/
Relevancy 68.37%

PC100, 133, 266, 600, 800, 1600, 2100, 2700...DDR, SDRAM, RDRAM, DIMM, SIMM, RIMM, Rambus, ECC, buffered?

It seems like every company has a different way of specifying RAM. Can any one help me understand the popular types? Which are compatible or may be different names for the same type?

Thank you,
rich

A:RAM Specs...What do they all mean??

Too lazy ( or drunk ) to type it .. instead follow this links
http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/98q4/981024/index.html
and
http://anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=113&p=8
and
http://anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=113&p=1
HTH

Now back to drinking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-specs-what-do-they-all-mean.79511/
Relevancy 68.37%

Not sure if this is in the right section - mods feel free to relocate!
I want to build a cheap PC and put a DVR card in it. What specs do you think I should have in order to properly run a 4ch DVR card?

I already have the monitor and all that junk.. Im talking the raw specs. do i need more than 1GHz? is 1G RAM enough? I have an 80G hdd that should work .. so what Processor MIN is okay?

thanks!
(sorry x-posted)

Relevancy 68.37%

Here are my final specs, tell me what you think?

Also would a i7 be worth the extra money for a future proof pc?

Also would all the stuff fit in the mid-tower case i listed or will i need to get the full-tower version?

A:PC Specs

For those who do not have Excel or do not want to risk downloading a file, here are the specs.

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance Performance Memory Module 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Unbuffered CL9 DIMM Memory for 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core systems
Corsair Hydro Series H60 2013 model High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Windforce2X 2GB GDDR5 Dual Link DVI HDMI Display Port PCI-E Graphics Card with FREE ASSASSINS CREED III Download Coupon + Free to Play bundle
(free accessory)*Assassins Creed III Nvidia Download Coupon
(free accessory)*NVIDIA F2P £100 in game for GTX 660 and above
MZ-7td250bw - Samsung 840 SSD
Seagate 3TB Barracuda Hard Drive - 3.5" SATA-III - 7200RPM 64MB Cache
NZXT Phantom 410 Black Orange Special Edition
Corsair Gaming Series 2013 Edition, 800 Watt, 80+ Bronze, ATX
Samsung S24b300hl LED LCD Widescreen 23.6" HDMI Monitor
TP-Link N600 Wireless Dual Band Pci Express Adapter
Liteon Ihas124 24x Dvd±rw (dual ±r)/ram Sata Drive (internal Black)
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit DVD - OEM
HDMI Cable 1.4 Black 2 Metre
Build looks fine. The Mid-ATX case is fine and what most people use, barely anyone needs the extra room, mostly drive bays, of a full ATX case. The i7 may be a bit faster for gaming but the i5=3570k does pretty much as well in most games from what I've seen. If you want to invest a bit more money then upping the video card to the 670 or 680 may give you more gains.

Also, you could have just posted this to one of you original threads to keep proper thread flow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-specs.1093905/
Relevancy 68.37%
Q: specs?

het could some of you people at the tsg post your specs in here, i justr want to see how my specs stand up again other people eg if my computer is fairly good

Relevancy 68.37%
Q: 7 specs

How low can they go? Will it run on this pc:

Athlon XP 3200+ (I think, might be 2600 or 2800+)
1.5GB DDR
some ATI video card in AGP, not powerful at all compared to now standards.
100GB hdd 5200RPM

I know 7 will run well on netbooks, how well will it run on this? I'd like to replace the existing bunged up install soon and 7 seems like a good candidate.

Thanks ^_^

Relevancy 68.37%

How do I see what kind of PSU I have?

I'm a moron, but I'm anappreciative one.

Thanks.

A:What are my PSU specs?

I am assuming that this is a desktop. Just open the side of your PC and on the label of your PSU will be the watage rating and sometimes that ampage rating.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-my-psu-specs.1034616/
Relevancy 68.37%

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/45683141.png/

Link to specs there, Also running on a Geforce 9400GT

Upgrading PSU from 230W to 550W soon.

Someone please let me know.

A:Can i run WoW with these specs?

Yes, but you will probably have to set graphics setting to "low-medium" to prevent severe lag in crowded areas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-run-wow-with-these-specs.841049/
Relevancy 68.37%

MB GA-945P-S3 (up to 4GB DDR2 memory / LGA / LAN / Audio / VGA / 16x PCI-E)
Core2Duo E4300 1.8GHz / 800 / 2mb cache
1 GB kingstone DDR2 667
160 GB Western SATA 2
XFX 7600GS 256MB video card
Asus DVD RW 18x
400W case with 3 fans

Note: ill be using it to play games and all that is around 500$

A:What do you think of my new PC specs?

Can i overclock using this mobo? reply asap! buying today!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-of-my-new-pc-specs.652784/
Relevancy 68.37%

I want a basic graphic design desktop for to run illustrator indesign and photoshop I have windows xp sp and eventually want to add a sound which go of please to with these specs card for music and possibly a second drive later I have been advised novatech are a good company to supply computers and have seen these specs below on their site but no mention of mother board also a price from dell direct which has also been advised I will get moniter as seperate element not included in this budget and I have operating system Sound card and second drive I will get later on which of these specs to go with please thanks if you can cast your eye over these specs and tell me which of these specs to go with please what you think novatech ---------------------------------------- Intel Core Duo E GB memory GB hard drive DVD writer NVIDIA GS Mb graphics Midi ATX case System price inc vat ----------------------------------------- as above but GB hard drive NVIDIA GT Mb graphics ---------------------------------------- and heres a spec direct from dell Intel Core Duo E processor GHz MHz MB cache Specifications - Base MB ATI Radeon HD graphics card Specifications - Video Card Memory MB MHz Dual Channel DDR SDRAM x Specifications - Memory Hard Drive GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Specifications - Hard Drive Optical Devices DVD -RW Drive read write CD amp DVD Specifications - Optical Devices thanks sam nbsp

A:which of these specs to go with please

-The specs are almost identical for both computers with the exception of the Graphics Card.
-I would not worry about upgrading the graphics on the first one if you don't plan to play games.
-320GB will probably not be enough space if you plan on saving lots of high resolution pictures and/or graphics (if it is for professional use).
-The Novatech is going to have a smaller case, if this makes any difference to you.

I would say go for the Novatech for the lesser price (and because I'm a Nvidia fan boy )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-of-these-specs-to-go-with-please.754026/
Relevancy 68.37%
Q: specs

First I appologize for the many partial threads.I am trying to uas my phone to communicate with you and it is new and uframilar here are the p
Intel pent 4
8kd
512 km
Intel 865pe or 865g
8 channel
32 bits
Dual channe
Ddr sdam
Integrated intel pro10/100

Windows xp pro

A:specs

Which thread are you replying to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/specs-686318.html
Relevancy 68.37%

- im BLOODLUST from cebu philippines im just years old and i dont know much about harware components im about to build my own PC but im not sure about my hardware components can any help me budget and chose the right component PROCESSOR -Athlon w fan boxed -P MOTHERBOARD -MSI K N NEO-FSR for athlon -P RAM -PQI MB PC DDR -P HARDDRIVE - gig Seagate sata -P MONITOR -LG quot T SH Flatron EZ black -P -Size quot Max resolution x Video input RGB Analog Inteface Pin D-Sub Regulation Compliance Low Radiation TCO- MPR-II Safety UL CSA TUV-GS SEMKO EMC FCC-B CE VCCI- X-RAY DHHS HWC ROV Ergonomics ISO - Power Saving EPA Energy Star ETC GOST C-TICK Cabinet Black OPTICAL DRIVES -LG X GSA- B multi dvd-writer -P -LG x x x x CDRW DVD black -P TABLE -Delta A blue w holder -P Specs My CASE -ROGA CX aluminum w kybrd only -P COOLING SYSTEMS -Coolermaster Aero Lite -P -Model ASB-V Blower s new design let the cooler able to blow towards the center of the heat sink More powerful blowers produce larger air pressure than traditional axial fans External fan speed adjustment on PCI and quot bracket allows user to set the desired fan speed to RPM without opening up the chassis Improved thumb-clip to avoid blocking with PSU or RAM modules -Thermaltake TR - M speed control -P -Coolemaster Fan mm -P VIDEO CARD -Inno d FX MB -P TOTAL US dollar P Philippine Peso -what can i upgrade degrade to minimize my cost nbsp

A:My Specs

So is $930 your max budget? Well you could save a little by not getting a CDburner ,as you already have a DVDburner listed. If you want to be playing games, you might want to go for a better graphics card, so maybe goto a 3000 athlon chip rather than the 3200 if you cant increase the amount you can spend.

Cant really help more, without knowing what your max budget is, and what you will be doing with the machine (games playing/just browsing net/etc)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-specs.402732/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys just wondering if my specs would run Windows 7 or if I should just stay with Xp Sp3 until I can upgrade some hardware? Thanks in advance.

A:My Specs.

Buy a new laptop. You don't have enough memory, the gpu is obsolete and 4200RPM hard drives are too slow to run 7 indexing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/36015-my-specs.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok i ve enquired about having a computer built and have been sent possible specs I want people who know what their on about to voice their opinions please The computer is just for day to day use however I do like a bit of flight simulator so I want a good everyday type machine Are these short-form-factor style computers too small to cool ventilate properly ASUS P M A - AMD Athlon II X GHz GB DDR MHz GB MB cache SATA HDD X DVDRW Dual Layer SATA Direct X Graphics with HDMI out in Card reader Wireless-N Windows Pro bit SHUTTLE SHU-SG J - Intel Dual Core E GHz GB DDR MHz GB MB cache SATA HDD X DVDRW Dual Layer Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X Wireless-N Windows Pro bit SHUTTLE SHU-SN SH - AMD Athlon II X GHz GB DDR MHz GB MB cache SATA HDD X DVDRW Dual Layer Geforce DX Graphics with specs these which 3 of HDMI All in One Card Reader Wireless-N Windows Pro bit nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I once had only GB ram and GB HDD and MB GFX I couldnt play anything or install Help new with specs! my anything or work on After Effects or Illustator I saved Help with my new specs! up bought a few cool stuff and i still have very high CPU usage when i run any of these programs or games Its frustration New Specs Help with my new specs! Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack Processor AMD Athlon tm X Help with my new specs! Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available DirectX Version DirectX c GFX Card name NVIDIA GeForce SE MB Problem Sad frame lag in most of the games and I think i have a decent spec to run games in good resolution But i have to put all the setitngs to a minimum and still there is frame lag CPU Usage when i run any program Please post your suggestion to make my buy a successful buy I really worked hard and bought it all Thanks nbsp

A:Help with my new specs!

Addition!

EDIT: The first time i assembled it. I could play FIFA10 and Sudden Attack NA flawlessly without any frame lag but as days went by its slowly lags and today its beyong worse. I quit 4 games in rage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-my-new-specs.163066/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi

My friend wants to play this game:

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

His current computer is not upto much so he wants to buy a cheap system to play it on. By the looks of it, this system looks upto it, but i'm not sure on graphics provision. Can someone take a look and see if it is (we're gonna put another 1GB of RAM in)?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Compaq...t=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item3a73c9c652

If not, can you recommend a video card that I could fit to this system so it can cope with the game?

Thanks for your help...
I.T Girl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs-help-please.1051805/
Relevancy 68.37%

How to Get Better FPS in GTA San Andreas, Before, When i bought this Lenovo Laptop, I Could Still Get Like 30-45 FPS, But within the Succeeding Days, I'm only Getting like 20-25 FPS. Or Even Lower Than That, I Tried Using GameBooster ( IoBit ).. But the Maximum it Can give is around 28 FPS.

Any Help I Could Get From those Good People in here?
I'm Kinda Newbie in this Forum, Sorry For My Bad English

Anyway, I'm Running my Gta San Andreas with The Lowest Option, Like those videos in Youtbe.

Computer Specs:
?Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
?CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 1.86GHz
?Ram: 503 MB
?Video Card: Mobile(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

A:How to get better FPS with these specs

try upgrading your ram!! Ram always shows immediate performance changes!! and video card? Does your mother board take agp or pci video card? minimum requirements for cpu 1ghz. I always found that game to be like world of warcraft if you don't have gig of ram the game does not work that great!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-get-better-fps-with-these-specs.162868/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all,

I'm new to Techspot so thought i would give this a try!! Just bought some new parts for my system to upgrade it to the new spec as below -

Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13Ghz*
Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mobo*
Radeon X1900XTX 512MB w/ Accelero X2 Cooler
2GB DDR2 5400
250GB Maxtor SATA HD
80GB Maxtor IDE HD

The parts with * next to them are in the post now! I am currently runnign Vista Ultimate with a P4 3.6Ghz on a Asus P5ND2-SLi Mobo.

Can you guys tell me if Vista will run quicker and smoother with the new mobo and CPU and will my games run faster eg. R6 Vegas, GRAW etc??

Any comments will be greatly appreciated as i wanna make sure i've made the right hardware choices. Thanks all.

A:New Rig Specs - Help!!!!

the c2duo you picked processes about 3x faster than you old p4 actually, and the p6w board has great features, I think you'll notice a world of a difference with the new items, As a c2duo and Asus owner myself. I definately noticed a difference when I upgraded. Go for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-rig-specs-help.74193/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all!I was wondering a couple of things regarding the P70's built-in optical drive. 1) Is it a DVD burner? 2) Can it read (and burn) Dual-layer DVDs? 3) Can it read (and write) BR discs? 4) Is it "hot-swappable" the way it was on really old thinkpads (e.g. T40, T42, etc)?  If not, is it at least removeable? 5) what speed DVD drive is it?  What speed CD drive is it? 6) Where could I have looked this up online and saved you guys from looking this up? Thanks!

-----------IBM T40: XP PRO SP3, 14.1" 4:3 display, 512MB DDR RAM, 40GB HDD, ThinkLight, DVD.Lenovo Ideacentre H215: AMD Athlon II X2 215, 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 64-bit Win7, AMD 760G.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-DVD-specs/td-p/3398825
Relevancy 68.37%

OS Version: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional x64 Edition, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 3
2.9 GHZ
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1430789 MB, Free - 1304949 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, N68-S UCC, ,
Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

just wanted to know if this was good enough to run the game

A:GTA 4 Specs

Use a website called http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ copy that and find the game will tell you exactly if your hitting minimum/recommended or maxing out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gta-4-specs.1002415/
Relevancy 68.37%

First off, I would also like to know if either one of these could run games like Battlefield, Fallout 4, Battlefront, DayZ, on at least high or ultra settings at 30-60 Fps.

Intel Core i3 - 4130T Dual Core
nVidia GeForce GTX GPU w/2GB GDDR5
4GB DDR3
500GB 7200RPM HDD

- Intel® Core? i3-4160 Processor
- 500GB SATA III HDD
- 4GB DDR3 Memory
- NVIDIA GTX 750 1GB GDDR5
Just to let you guys know these are both steam machine hardware. 459 for the first one and 499 for the second.

A:Which one of these PC specs are better?

Can you link us to both systems? Also, what is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-one-of-these-pc-specs-are-better.216780/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi... Im helping a friend with his puter and he wants to install a second HDD in his Gateway P4 machine running XP Home. I'm a Win98Se guy and I know how to do what I want on my machine but I'd like some input on how to do one thing on his.

How can I determine the specs on his current drive so he can purchase a second drive to match it as close as possible. I know I could open the tower and look at the drive, but I'm asking is there a way to view the info with some built in feature with XP? I could always install AIDA32 to view the info on drives as I do on my system, but he would have no use for the utility after that. Just trying to minimize the procedure.

Thanks... Raybro

Relevancy 68.37%

PC specs:
4GB RAM DDR2 800 Kingston
XFX Geforce 8800GT 512MB
Core 2 Duo E7200
Motherboard Asus P5QL PRO
One DVD Writer Sony
One Hard Disk SATA 320GB

What should be my choice of PSU?

A:PSU for the following specs?

A solid 450-500W PSU will be enough. I recommend the Corsair 450VX as the best choice for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-for-the-following-specs.114142/
Relevancy 67.51%

Someone has posted these specs on a laptop he has for sale:

Dell Inspiron 5160, Pentium 4, CPU 3.06 GHz, 1.83 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

What does he mean by "CPU 3.06 GHz, 1.83 GHz"

Is it 3.06 GHz or 1.83 GHz? Which is it?

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I play counter strike source, my fps on the game hasnt always been great so i decided to start upgrading from:
-Basic asrock mobo (doesnt support dual core nor pci-e)
-Pentium 4 3GHz cpu
-1gig ddr memory
-420w psu
-7300GT 256mb AGP gfx card

I've got all new specs since apart from my pent 4 which im going to have make do with for now.
New specs:
-Gigabyte P31-SD3L mobo
-2gig ddr2 OCZ memory
-600w ez cool psu
-8600GTS 256mb DDR3 pci-e gfx card

Its all working once i put it together and with all the same settings as before its giving me even worse fps than my old specs when these are alot better.
I know the game is cpu-based but still this should gain me more fps and its not doing, all drivers are up to date iv tried loads, any suggestions, please. thanks.

A:New specs not working well

What is the RAM speed, old and new?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-specs-not-working-well.107436/
Relevancy 67.51%

AMD Athlon 64 2800+
512RAM
80GBHDD

is that good?

would that help me with games such as football manager and masses of music files?

thanks reuben x

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi.

Where can I download Windows 8?
Can I find and download Windows 8 at Microsoft downloads page? Give me a link?

Will Windows 8 go with a specs of such PC?:
AMD dual-core Athlon II X2 on 3.0 GHz
a Gigabyte motherboard, on a 780G chipset (with built-in graphical adaptations, can run SWAT 4)
a 2 GBytes of system memory (only)
incl. ATI Radeon HD 5750 w/ 1 GByte of GDDR5 memory (amazing on its own)
an 500 GBytes HDD with an NTFS file system on it (7200RPM, usual)
one DVD+RW 32x

Many thanks!

A:getting Windows 8? specs

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/system-requirements

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Windows-8.1/categoryID.62684800?tid=s29BnRfIY_dc&cid=5250&pcrid=47812641173&pkw=download%20windows%208&pmt=e&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=pointitsem_Microsoft+US_google_5+-+Windows+8&WT.term=download%20windows%208&WT.campaign=5+-+Windows+8&WT.content=29BnRfIY&WT.source=google&WT.medium=cpc

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561530/getting-windows-8-specs/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everybody. OK, stop booing or I'll send Marion my Predator after you. Here's my problem...... one of my problems. I am trying to fill in all my system specs. I have used, with some success, the tutorial here on SF and been able to fill in some specs. Others, I knew and was able to fill in myself. Others I have been able to fill in from the manual I received from Acer (not very helpful). I still can't find the information regarding the motherboard, PSU and card. I have tried all the above methods as well as Googleling for the specs on this specific Acer. I also went to the Acer home page and tried to get more info (waste of time). Does anyone have any suggestions (insert joke here) where else I could check for this info?

A:System Specs

Hiya pal

The specs that you are trying to fill in aren't normally required for a laptop, as the name and model is usually sufficient. But this is your MB PGY02.001 Laptop Motherboard
Your case is not necessary as it's a laptop. And you don't really have a PSU (power supply unit) you have a power adapter which is more than often 19V

Hope this helps a bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/127011-system-specs.html
Relevancy 67.51%

hi i bought a new motherboard yesterday but i dont know Need Motherboard on specs! help what kind of spec to put in the mohter board Need help on Motherboard specs! is ECS K M -M skt all in MOTHERBOARD K HT Supports Cool n Quiet Technology for a Quieter PC DDR RAID RAID support Serial ATA AGP X Channel Audio LAN ATA USB Specification CPU SUPPORT Socket for AMD K Athlon processor High-performance Hyper Transport CPU interface Support transfer rate of mega-transfers per second CHIPSET VIA K M amp VT North Bridge VIA K M South Bridge VIA VT MEMORY x -pin DDR DIMM socket support up to GB Support DDR DDR SDRAM EXPANSION SLOT x AGP X X slot x PCI slots GRAPHICS Integrated S UniChrome Pro D D Graphics Share memory MB AUDIO Realtek ALC -Channel audio CODEC Compliant with AC specification LAN VIA VT L Mbps Fast Ethernet PHY REAR PANEL I O x PS keyboard amp PS mouse connectors x USB ports x RJ LAN connector x VGA port x Parallel port LPT x Serial port COM x Audio port Line-in Line-out Mic-in INTERNAL I O CONNECTORS amp HEADERS x -pin ATX Power Supply Connector amp -pin V Connector x FDD connector supports two K MB FDDs x IDE connectors x Serial ATA connectors x USB headers support additional USB Ports x Speaker header x SPDIF out header x Front panel switch LED header x Front panel audio header CD in AUX in headers CPUFAN CASFAN connectors STORAGE Support by VIA VT -- x Ultra DMA devices -- x Serial ATA devices RAID amp RAID configuration SYSTEM BIOS Award BIOS with Mb Flash ROM Supports Plug and Play A APM Multi Boot DMI Supports ACPI revision specification FORM FACTOR Micro-ATX Size mm mm what can i put in what kind of ram n processer -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- nbsp

A:Need help on Motherboard specs!

Well, here's what processor you can put in:
CPU SUPPORT
Socket 754 for AMD K8 Athlon 64 processor

And your RAM:
MEMORY
2 x 184-pin DDR DIMM socket support up to 2 GB
Support DDR400/333/266/200 DDR SDRAM

Do some searches on places like newegg.com for components that match these specs, and you should be good to go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-on-motherboard-specs.489066/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello, well i am new to this website and well i just wanted to ask you guys what u think about my computer specs gaming wise, is it a good computer to play games on for now or do i need to upgrade?

Here are my specs
Dell
Optiplex 330
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66 GHz 2.67 GHz
3061 MB of Ram
32 bit operating system
Windows Vista Home basic

just ask if u need more information... Thanks!

Relevancy 67.51%

I was wondering if there is a website that has information about computer motherboards and so forth.

I am planning on buying a laptop off Ebay, but I want to know what the motherboard can handle (more RAM, different video card, etc)

If you know of any sites along those lines, I would greatly appreciate a reply.

A:Specs of Computers

What you do is find out who made the PC (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.) or if it is custom built.
Then go to either the website of the maker (Dell) and look up the model of the PC (Inspiron 5100), or in the case of a custom built, find out what Motherboard they used (ASUS A8kxxxx), go to the makers website look up the Mobo, and find its specs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specs-of-computers.400989/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, just wondering if anyone could advise if the following combo is any good for games on a laptop, just to play in med detail of course. Will it run games like dragon age origins and Rift?

Intel i5 480m, Nvidia Geforce GT 420M, 4g DDR3, it is a dell xps

i have a desktop which has an ati radeon hd 4670, amd phenom II x 4 955 and 4g ddr2, will i get similar or worse performance?

Did a bit of searching but not quite sure about all the stats.

Any advise greatly apprecated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-laptop-specs-please.173315/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I'm very PC-illiterate, (just a grunt wargamer and flight simmer) so when peoples sometimes ask me what my system specs are, I don't really know what to tell them.

I want to briefly tell them-
My OS
My Processor strength
My RAM
My vid card

I know I'm Win XP Home SP3, and I know my vid card is Nvidia 9800 GTX, but what confuses me is my processor and RAM.
Here below is how they look when I select "Sys Info', I presume my processor is an Intel 3.33 Gig is that right?
But what's my RAM horsepower, what exactly does 'physical and virtual' memory mean?

Processor- x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3332 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.46 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

A:What's my system specs?

"Available Physical Memory 2.46 GB"That is your actual system memory .["Virtual" memory is the Windows "swap file" & is not actual system memory]You have a 3.33GHz CPU

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231278/whats-my-system-specs/
Relevancy 67.51%

hey guys:

im getting some new hardware from my grandparents for christmas, theese are probably what im getting, tell me how they are:

ASUS Geforce 7800GTX EN7800GTX, ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe Motheboard, A-DATA Vitesta 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM System Memory ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820211014 ), thermaltake armor full ATX case

total::

$980.18

how are theese specs...

any suggestions on hard drives..

if no im just going to use what i have now, 1x 40GB slave, 1x 160GB primary.

also, i might get the X-Fi sound card...tell me your opinion on that...

Relevancy 67.51%

I'm going to be building a new computer for the first time... what do you think of these parts?

(unless specified, all parts are Retail versions through newegg.com)
Case: A-Top Gladiator 450W ATX Mid Tower, $50
Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 ATX (includes audio and LAN), $110
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Socket 939, $470
Video Card: eVGA Geforce 6800GT 256 MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16, $310
RAM: CORSAIR 1 GB (2x512 MB) 184-Pin DDR 400, $80
Hard Drive: Seagate 7200 rpm 300 GB Serial ATA150, $200
DVD Drive: ASUS IDE, $25
DVD Burner: LITE-ON IDE, $50
Floppy Drive: SONY 1.44 MB Internal (OEM), $10
Monitor: ViewSonic 19? 4-5ms, $420
Keyboard: Logitech USB + PS/2 wired, $30
Mouse: Logitech 8 button w/ wheel USB + PS/2 optical, $30
Speakers: Logitech 32 Watts 2.1, $35
Headphones: Sennheiser 3.5mm/6.3mm, $20
Operating System: Windows XP Home w/ SP2 (OEM), $90
(Belking Anti-Static Wrist Strap, $6)

Total $2000

Anyone see anything wildly incompatible or unreliable? Another question - how easy is it to set up an SATA hard drive? I've only installed IDE...

Thanks for the feedback!

A:Help on new computer specs

Case: A-Top Gladiator 450W ATX Mid Tower, $50Click to expand...

my advice is to get a name brand case, such as antec, thermaltake, or raidmax. stick to one of said brands when choosing your case and power supply, making sure you get 480 watts or better.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Socket 939, $470Click to expand...

if you truly need that extra power, that's your call. however, an a64 3400 or up would still be a great cpu, and would cost you much less. make sure the one you buy is a 90nm process and utilizes a san deigo or winchester core. stay away from newcastles.

Video Card: eVGA Geforce 6800GT 256 MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16, $310Click to expand...

i's stick to a card made by msi, gigabyte, or asus. if you go with an sli motherboard, get a card with said feature.

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 ATX (includes audio and LAN), $110Click to expand...

'tis a solid choice. if you are going to be buying another identical video card in the near future, get an sli motherboard and video card. otherwise, get the non-sli version of that board. of course, is you don't have an sli capable board there is no need for an sli capable video card. also, ensure your choice has ncq support for harddrives.

Hard Drive: Seagate 7200 rpm 300 GB Serial ATA150, $200Click to expand...

get a maxtor diamondmax 10 with ncq support, as they are superior to any other models on the market at this time.

Speakers: Logitech 32 Watts 2.1, $35Click to expand...

okay for gaming, but you will be dissapointed if you like to blast music (like myself)

how easy is it to set up an SATA hard drive? I've only installed IDE...Click to expand...

sata is even easier than ide, on account of the lack of jumpers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-new-computer-specs.28046/
Relevancy 67.51%

I?m shopping for a new laptop. Very like Aspire V3-372-34W8, but I need specification for its i3-6157U CPU. I?ve asked Intel. They replied they sell those CPUs in bulk quantities, the chips come without a thermal solution (heatsink), therefore they won?t tell me the specification of the chip. Logic, huh? See this discussion: https://communities.intel.com/message/424143 What?s the frequencies of that CPU (Processor Base, Graphics Base, Graphics Max)?What?s the GPU, is it Iris 550?Has that chip 64MB eDRAM / L4 cache?Does it support Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)? Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)? Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)? Thanks in advance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/i3-6157U-CPU-Specs/td-p/458668
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello, Currently using a laptop with following Display specs and am perfectly fine with it. However, with many people complaining about P50 FHD display, I was wondering how the display stacks up against my current display. Couldn't find more details on P50 display specs. P50 Spec:FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, 300 nitsBut following document shows this display to be ONLY 250 nits, WHY?http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool%5CSys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad%20P50/ThinkPad_P50_Platform_Specificatio... Current Spec:Type (TrueLife) - 15.4-inch WLED WXGA+ TrueLifeNative resolutions: WXGA+ 1440 x 3 (RGB) x 900 at 262 K colorsRefresh rate 60 HzOperating angle 0°(closed) to 140°Luminance: WLED WXGA+ 300 cd/m2Viewing angles (L/R/U/D deg) min @ CR or ? 10: WLED WXGA+ 55/55/50/50Pixel pitch: WXGA+ 0.2304 x 0.2304 mm Thanks,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Display-Specs/td-p/3442529
Relevancy 67.51%

I m building a computer online at XiComputers and I was hoping I could get some feedback on the options I have chosen This is the first time I ve done this and I don t want to screw up Any help is appreciated specs with new computer Help Thanks cpgreen PS If you think I m getting ripped off or can recommend another place to look please Help with new computer specs let me know l Xi MTower SLI Workstation Base Configuration Upgrades And Options AMD Athlon X Bit Dual Core DC x KB Hypertransport Help with new computer specs l MB DDR MHz PC x MB Dual Rank Interleave l nVidia GeForce GT M DDR PCIe SLI-Ready Dual Head xDVI l No Monitor l GB RPM SATA MB s WD Raptor MB Cache lt ms l Optional GB RPM SATAII MB s NCQ MB Cache ms avg seek l HD Ctrl According To Motherboard and HD Type Selected l DVD RW DL R-R LightScribe Double Media GB x w SW-Media l CD-RW x x ATAPI w Software - media l MB quot Floppy Drive l CreativeLab X-Fi Xtreme Music bit Digital Sound l On board GB Ethernet on board LAN l No Keyboard l No mouse l Windows XP PRO Workstation CD-ROM w manuals act reg SP l Resource CD - contains Diagnostic links amp Drivers l Quick Reference Guide and Xi Computer Manual l File System NTFS File System selected l Multi I O Card reader Internal in USB l Additional Parallel Ports Total PCI Card EPP ECP l SIIG FIREWIRE a b DV-CAM KIT Port PCI w SW l PCCARD PCMCIA DRIVE PCI VERSION l PCCARD PCMCIA Cards Backload PCI VERSION l Adaptec USCSI- PCI Controller l Asus A N -SLI Dlx Nvidia NForce xPCIe x DDR - x GbNic -SATA Gb RAID - -AC l Power Supply conforming with selected case l Total of Years System HW Warranty P amp L FOB Xi l Xi MTower ATX Black-Silver T-Free-Lock Top USB - bays- W- xBB Fans Sub Total FONT nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi i been trying to fill out my system specs can someone check if i done it right some bits missing? don't know how to find.
Thanks

A:My System Specs

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

This will help. Just download and you will see all the information that you need. Thank you for filling out your specs.

What you have looks great. Do not know about the accuracy; it looks accurate.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275664-my-system-specs.html
Relevancy 67.51%

A friend of mine has just bought himself a second hand computer from one of those computer shows, and unfortunately the guy that he bought it off did not know what hardware was installed in it..

is there a program around that he can run in it that will give him a printout of all the hardware that is on the machine ?? such as the type of motherboard, the CPU speed, the type of CD-Rom, the type of video card and all the other bits and pieces that is in there..

A:Computer Specs

A program that I find the most simple and that gives a good amount of information is Speccy. This should provide the information you guys are looking for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/234693-computer-specs.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok, I'm going to buy a new computer and am going to customly make it. Screw Dell and CompUSA and Gateway, etc. This is my 2th computer I will make because I'm a freak .

1) My Case (water cooled): Koolance PC2-601BW

2) Motherboard and Processor: Something good for overclocking and P4 2.6- 3.0Ghz, board must be 13" x 12" or less (case).

3) Power Supply: A good power suppy able to handle a new powerful video card (I read about power failures with new video cards).

4) Video Card! I need tons of help on getting a good video card. There's so much to chose from! I'm a hardcore extreme to the max gamer person. I play all the latest games.

5) Sound Card: I've got a SB Audigy 2 Plat.

6) RAM: 1024DDR fine?

7) Windows Operating System: 98SE/Win2k/XP? I gotta be able to play CS!

A:New Comp Specs

Nice specs! Processor should be fine, have you considered an Athlon processor? The Opteron's should be available shortly!!

Antec and Enermax make good PSUs if you are looking.

I would wait with the video card; there are some good ones on the way, mainly NV35, which I would consider worth waiting for at the moment. Although if you can't wait, the ATi Radeon 9800 PRO is currently the fastest GPU on the market.

What speed RAM are you getting? This is very important! Try to get 1024 DDR PC2700 or more. Any less than this is not worthy of the rest of your components.

And finally, I would recommend Windows XP Pro. Having used all of your listed operating systems, I can say that XP is the most compatible and stable, closely followed by Win2K. A second choice to XP would be Windows 2000 Professional.

I hope you make the right choices for the rest of your hardware! Good Luck!

BTW, I would double check all of the components you buy are compatible with each other. Example - motherboard and video card: make sure that if you are getting an AGPx8 video card that your motherboard supports AGPx8 and so on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-comp-specs.5202/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok, I am a novice when it comes to hardware. I am looking for a something to Boost my gaming to the point where The Elder scrolls: Oblivion would run fine on my system. Right now everything is factory. So I am wondering what I need to increase my capabilities to that point, Which I stated earlier. I am willing to spend 150$ right now for upgrades, and need to know what I would need for the job. I wrote down my specs when I joined. I dont know if you can see them,but if you need them I will be happy to post them. I am thinking I need a very nice video card and more ram. But how much ram and what video card? And maybe a price on how much I would have to spend. I am taking all recommendations. In advance I appreciate the help and advice.

Thanks.

A:Gaming Specs

I cannot find any information or pics of your system at the instance, so I cannot say anything definite.
These two should be good for you: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008 + http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161287
The 4670 will in a few weeks be replaced by 5650, which will perform the same or better, cost a little less and produce less heat, consume less power and have DirectX11 capability (which you don't need/can't even use for Oblivion, but it'll be good to have).
More RAM would help, too, but I really can't know what kind as I can't find any info on things. Please post back in this thread soon so that I get an subscription update and won't forget to get further into this when I have a bit more time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-specs.856729/
Relevancy 67.51%

I ordered a gaming PC about a year ago and now want to upgrade due to a faulty video card. This is what my PC would look like if I upgraded now;

motherboard: Msi 770-G45

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 945

Ram/memory: 4 GB DDR3

Graphics card: Geforce GTX 260

PSU: hec XP1080 1080W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V / EPS12V CrossFire & SLI NVIDIA HYBRID-SLI Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

So, are these parts all compatible, is my motherboard compatible with a directx 11 gpu? Please reply if they look compatible or not. Have a nice day!

A:I need help with the specs for my gaming PC

benmenftw said:

So, are these parts all compatible..Click to expand...

Yes

benmenftw said:

is my motherboard compatible with a directx 11 gpu?Click to expand...

Yes, insofar as motherboards aren't dependant upon which DirectX API the card is capable of utilising. Graphics card compatibility is dependant upon the slot interface the motherboard uses.
Your MSI board uses PCI-E graphics slot
GTX 260 uses PCI-E graphics slot
Match made in heaven

benmenftw said:

Graphics card: Geforce GTX 260Click to expand...

The GTX 260 isn't DirectX 11 capable, so why DX11 is an issue is a moot point.

benmenftw said:

Please reply if they look compatible or notClick to expand...

Done

benmenftw said:

Have a nice day!Click to expand...

You too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-with-the-specs-for-my-gaming-pc.158717/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi there

How do I see my computer specs in the GUI.

A:Computer specs

Which GUI?
GNOME? KDE? Aqua? Xfce? LiteSTEP? OpenWindows? CDE?
Or, which operating system?
Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Mac OS, QNX, BeOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-specs.63032/
Relevancy 67.51%

Barely has the dual-GPU mayhem died (!) down, than we are on the verge of AMD's HD 5770 successor -the HD 6790.
Expected date of birth- 5th April

All the speculation that's fit to print can bre found at Nordic Hardware

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-hd-6790-specs.163126/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, i was looking to build a gaming pc and have put together the following as a plan but wondered if it will be any good, will it play new games and at high settings\ or would you recommend any adjustments?, I have a tight budget so any help is appreciated.

CPU ? AMD Phenom II x4 Black Edition (AM3, 3.20GHZ, 8MB Total Cache), Operating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium (32bit), 4 GB Kingston DDR2 Ram, 500w Power Supply
Asrock K10N78M Motherboard, Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB PCI-E Graphics Card
500GB S-ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive, Sony Optiarc 24x SATA DVD Burner
X Blade Silver ATX casing, 2 x Akasa AK191SM fans and standard Heatsink and CPU fans

A:Help for specs on gaming PC

Drop down to a Phenom II X2 55x series CPU and get a more powerful video card instead. Also, what're the specs on the PSU? (brand and model number)

Lastly, I'd recommend the Cooler Master HAF 912 and the NZXT Beta EVO as better cases. Choose whatever fits your budget best, but the HAF 912 is the better of the two IMHO.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-for-specs-on-gaming-pc.158620/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have an Everex IMPACT GC Basically it sucks After all the trouble I ve gone through to get it running right tried with both vista and then xp I still get bluescreen And still have other problems And everex won t help since I ve voided the warranty So what I ve decided to do is replace every single piece of hardware getting help hardware specs need in the computer Basically to build my own PC from scratch some a you might say it s a waste to even buy the everex if I m gonna do that but need help getting hardware specs this wasn t my plan from the beginning it just happened this way But yeah need help getting hardware specs from the website I got SPECIFICATIONS Display quot CRT x Processor GHz VIA C -D Processor KB L Cache GHz MHz Memory MB DDRII MHz SDRAM DIMM Slots GB Maximum capacity Hard Disk Drive GB SATA rpm Optical Drive DVD-ROM DVD -RW with Double Layer Support Graphics VIA Chrome amp HC IGP MB shared memory MB Maxumum shared memory Audio VIA VT A Vinyl High-Definition Audio Codec Analog -Bits Max Resolution kHz Max Sampling Digital -BIts Max Resolution kHz Max Sampling I O Ports DB -Pin VGA Port USB Microphone Port Headphone Port Serial Port Parallel Port Modem K data fax modem LAN Base-T Fast Ethernet Card Reader -in- Card Reader CF Type I II MicroDrive SD MMC SM MS MS-Pro Accessories Keyboard Mouse and Speakers Included Power Supply Watt Total Peak Power switched - V A - V A - Hz Click to expand Things I ve already changed SPECIFICATIONS I ve grayed out the monitor above because that one didn t come with the quot special quot my sister got this PC with Processor GHz VIA C -D Processor KB L Cache GHz MHz Memory GB x DDRII MHz SDRAM DIMM Slots GB Maximum capacity Hard Disk Drive GB SATA rpm Optical Drive DVD-ROM DVD -RW with Double Layer Support Graphics XFX GeFORCE GS nVidia Audio VIA VT A Vinyl High-Definition Audio Codec Analog -Bits Max Resolution kHz Max Sampling Digital -BIts Max Resolution kHz Max Sampling I O Ports DB -Pin VGA Port USB Microphone Port Headphone Port Serial Port Parallel Port Modem K data fax modem LAN Base-T Fast Ethernet Card Reader -in- Card Reader CF Type I II MicroDrive SD MMC SM MS MS-Pro Accessories Keyboard Mouse and Speakers Included Power Supply Watt Total Peak Power switched - V A - V A - Hz Click to expand Things I KNOW I m gonna get sooner or later Sound Card Processor Hard Drive Motherboard Power Supply I m not sure what the motherboard is though I know it s by VIA but other than that I m unsure I can open up the computer and find a model number though if that d help But basically I need help with stuff I m not sure of what yet though one thing is that I need to know the difference in motherboards and how they connect to the other stuff I don t wanna buy a new motherboard thinking they all connect to everything ie power supply cd dvd drive etc the same way then get it and they don t connect right I also need a motherboard that takes DDRII MHz SDRAM Since I ve already bought two GB sticks of that kind for the motherboard I have now no sense in wasting RAM I ll most likely buy from newegg com so if anyone could help me out I d appriciate it majorly and find a motherboard that takes that kinda RAM and whatever that d be great Or at least point me in the right direction for how to find this stuff out on my own PS Here s the website for what s supposed to be my PC http www everex com products gc gc htm Notice that they spelled quot Maximum quot wrong under the Graphics under Specifications haha Turds nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi there

How do I see my computer specs in the GUI.

A:Computer specs

Which GUI?
GNOME? KDE? Aqua? Xfce? LiteSTEP? OpenWindows? CDE?
Or, which operating system?
Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Mac OS, QNX, BeOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-specs.63032/
Relevancy 67.51%

OS Name Microsoft? Windows Vista? Home Basic
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TOSHIBA-PC
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite M200
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2450 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 1.40, 8/7/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale Republic of the Philippines
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
User Name toshiba-PC\Superman
Time Zone Malay Peninsula Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 123 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.24 GB
Available Virtual Memory 805 MB
Page File Space 1.28 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

is it good or bad?

A:is this the specs of my laptop?

This is the sytem spec(Attachment), if you click UserCP, you can fill out your system specs.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238728-specs-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I m a musician mainly a performer but now I m getting into more writing where I need to be able to run notation software like Sibelius along with Kontakt for playing back samples My old Dell Dimensions isn t really cutting it now I m looking for the lowest cost system Need specs! on help new Upgrading to PC! I can get or have built Any suggestions Specifics - - Upgrading to new PC! Need help on specs! GB of RAM ideally i know xp can only handle GB but i hear about a way of tweaking it to get more and if i Upgrading to new PC! Need help on specs! can tweak xp pro would you recommend that over windows vista - this comp will NOT be used for gaming so i don t think a high end video card is necessary - fast processor for running samples -entry-level pro soundcard Also would you recommend having someone build me a PC or buying one preassembled I suppose the good thing about the preassembled stuff is that you can call customer support if have a problem My Current System Dell Dimensions Intel Celeron CPU GHz GB RAM Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:Upgrading to new PC! Need help on specs!

My first observation would be that unless you're into computers then I'd recommend either buying off the shelf or having it built. It's not that difficult anymore but from the way you stated your question I'd assume you aren't a PC geek.

The next thing is price, what's your maximum dollar amount for a new machine and do you need a new monitor too? The lowest cost system can be $300 dollars but won't satisfy you. Give us a limit, OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-to-new-pc-need-help-on-specs.606457/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello
I'm looking for presice advanced power options spesifications.
For instance, I wanna know exactly what the attr. for "Wireless Adapter Settings>Powers Saving Mode>Maximum Power Saving" are.
Anyone here know where I might find something like that?
I tryed googel'ing it, but I didn't find anything relevant.

One more thing, since I'm on the subject, does the power settings for "plugged in" affect the life span of the battery in any way?
I'm thinking, since you can use "Maximum Power Saving" on "Plugged in".
Who would wanna do that? And what would be the point?'
So many questions.. :P

A:PowerOptions specs.

Is there no one here who has an answer for me?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/250948-poweroptions-specs.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have printed out my system information. Can anyone help me break it down for my system specs in my profile? I am a CIS student and I am still trying to figure out what specs my PC has. I am interested in figuring out how to determine what kind of hardware I have (memory, graphics cards, etc) and how I can upgrade to make it better.

I am also interested in trying to do a backup to an external hard drive. I've never done this before.

Thanks in advance!!

A:Help determining specs?

Here's my system information.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65174-help-determining-specs.html
Relevancy 67.51%

http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/pages/print_specs.php?subcat2=intelp45gamer

I have designed this PC online and I was wondering, is it worth? Or could I get a better deal somewhere else?

A:PC Specs - Is it worth it?

We can't see it, it's personal information for you. Post links to the parts of it or at least the names and model numbers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-specs-is-it-worth-it.777371/
Relevancy 67.51%

hi i have a gateway with these specs Code EVEREST Home Edition - Lavalys Inc -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Report Wizard Computer ADMIN-PC Generator admin Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center Edition WinVista Beta Date specs checking - - Time checking specs Summary -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Media checking specs Center Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Computer Name ADMIN-PC User Name admin Motherboard CPU checking specs Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Intel Pendleton D PT PCI AGP DIMM Audio Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i D System Memory MB DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter RADEON Family Microsoft Corporation - XDDM MB D Accelerator ATI Rage R Monitor Gateway FPD quot LCD LIC B Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative SB Live Value CT Sound Card Storage IDE Controller Intel R BA Ultra ATA Storage Controller - B SCSI RAID Controller Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive MAXTOR L J ATA Device GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B ATA Device x x DVD-ROM Optical Drive LITE-ON LTR- B ATA Device x x x CD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Network Adapter Atheros Wireless Network Adapter Network Adapter Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Modem BCM K Voicemodem Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller Intel BA ICH - USB Controller B- USB Controller Intel BA ICH - USB Controller B- USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device USB Human Interface Device Debug - PCI -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- B D F Intel MP Memory Controller Hub B- Offset A Offset F Offset Offset E Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset D Offset A Offset A F Offset B Offset C Offset D E B AF B Offset E A Offset F FC F B D F Intel MP AGP Controller B- Offset A A Offset C C A Offset FF FF E F Offset A Offset Offset FF AF F F Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D E F Intel BA I O Controller Hub ICH B- Offset E Offset D D Offset FF FF A F A F Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset C Offset Offset A Offset B C Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F F B D F F Intel BA ICH - LPC Bridge B- Offset F Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset B A D B B B Offset Offset Offset FF FC Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D F Offset E C F Offset F F B D F F Intel BA ICH - ATA- IDE Controller B- Offset B Offset Offset A FF B D Offset Offset A E B D Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F F B D F F Intel BA ICH - USB Controller B- Offset C Offset Offset EF B D Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F F B D F F Intel BA ICH - SMBus Controller B- Offset C Offset Offset A EF B D Offset A Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F F B D F F Intel BA ICH - USB Controller B- Offset C Offset Offset EF B D Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F F B D F ATI Radeon DDR Video Adapter Offset B FF Offset E C FF Offset A Offset Offset A Offset F Offset F Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D F Intel PRO VE Network Connection Offset Offset F F FF C DC Offset Offset DC Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D FE Offset E A Offset F B D F Atheros g Wireless Adapter Offset C A Offset E FF Offset Offset A C Offset C Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A... Read more

A:checking specs

I cannot really see anything in the links you have given, but I take it you are changing you PC case and nothing else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/checking-specs.513907/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi.

Where can I download Windows 7?
Can I find and download Windows 7 at Microsoft downloads page? Give me a link?

Will Windows 7 go with a specs of such PC?:
AMD dual-core Athlon II X2 on 3.0 GHz
a Gigabyte motherboard, on a 780G chipset (with built-in graphical adaptations, can run SWAT 4)
a 2 GBytes of system memory (only)
incl. ATI Radeon HD 5750 w/ 1 GByte of GDDR5 memory (amazing on its own)
an 500 GBytes HDD with an NTFS file system on it (7200RPM, usual)
one DVD+RW 32x

Many thanks!

A:getting Windows 7? specs

You just posted the same question about Windows 8 in the W8 forum. I responded there - you can use the links I provided to find what you want to know for W7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561531/getting-windows-7-specs/
Relevancy 67.51%

Very High Performance P Intel Pentium FSB Motherboard Model BOXD PERLK - RETAIL Specifications CPU Supports Intel Pentium processor with a MHz mPGA -pin Supports Hyper-threading Chipset Intel PE IDE x IDE RAM Double Data Rate DDR support Slots x AGP X and x PCI Ports xPS x USB Firewire see pics Onboard SATA Onboard LAN Gigabit Intregrated Onboard Audio Intergrated Channel Audio Intel Pentium CGHz k socket Hyper Threading Technology MHz FSB - RETAIL Specifications CPU GHz Type Pentium Northwood Cache K BUS Mhz Socket Retail box with Heatsink and Fan -year MFG Warranty VANTEC AeroFlow VP -C For Intel P Retail Vantec Vertical Aluminum Fins with Copper Core Heat sink T Comp What Think? You Specs M D fan and triple clip for secure instalation Specifications Supported Socket type Material Aluminum with copper Fan Comp Specs What You Think? Speed RPM Air Flow CFM Bearing type T M D Dimensions x x mm Life Cycle Hrs Comes with thermal Compound WD WESTERN DIGITAL quot SPECIAL EDITION quot GB RPM MB EIDE HARD DRIVE MODEL WD JB - OEM DRIVE ONLY Specifications Size Gigabytes Interface IDE ULTRA ATA Seek time ms RPM Cache MB OEM Drive alone Year Manufacturer Warranty CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series Low Latency Twin Pack GB x MB x MX PC- LL With Black Heat Spreader Retail QTY Specifications Speed MHz Organization x M x CAS Latency - - - -T Memory type DDR Part number TWINX - LL Samsung CDRW x x Combo x DVD Black mb Cache Model SM- BENB - OEM Specifications Interface EIDE Data Transfer Rate Read CD X KB sec Read DVD X KB sec Record CD X KB sec Rewrite CD X KB sec Buffer Memory OEM Pack MB Burst Transfer Rate PIO Mode MB sec UDMA Mode MB sec Average Access Time DVD ms CD ms Adopting Superlink Buffer Under Run Proof Technology OEM Pack BLACK PANASONIC MB DENSITY FLOPPY DISK DRIVE MODEL JU- A- P - OEM DRIVE ONLY Specifications mm inch height High reliability with aluminium diecast base Long life with direct drive spindle motor OEM Drive only BLACK Bezel - One Year Warranty ATI OEM SAPPHIRE RADEON PRO MB DVI TV X AGP OEM Specifications Chipset ATI RADEON PRO Memory MB DDR RAM Bus AGP X -bit memory interface First to fully support DirectX and the latest OpenGL functionality New SMARTSHADER technology allows users to experience complex movie-quality effects in next-generation D games and applications -bit floating-point color precision allows for a greater range of colors and brightness Ports VGA DVI S-Video Ideal High Performance Athlon XP Asus Motherboard for AMD Athlon XP Duron Processors Model A N X Deluxe Retail Socket A AMD Athlon XP Duron support AMD XP quot Barton quot Chipset NVIDIA nForce SPP nForce MCP-T FSB MHz IDE x ATA RAM x -pin DIMM Sockets PC PC PC non-ECC DDR Slots x AGP Pro X x PCI Ports x USB Onboard Silicon Image Sil A Controller w ports NVIDIA SoundStorm Audio Processor Unit with Dolby MCP integrated Com MAC Broadcom AC L PHY LAN Firewire Ports MCP-T integrated IEEE a Realtek PHY AMD ATHLON XP quot Barton quot MHz FSB PROCESSOR CPU- RETAIL Specifications CPU GHz Type XP Barton Core Cache K L BUS MHz Socket A RETAIL Included Heatsink and fan Seagate GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Barracuda ST AS - OEM Specifications Size Gigabytes Interface Serial ATA Seek time ms RPM Data Transfer MB sec Cache MB OEM See pic Year Manufacturer Warranty Requires additional Power adapter VANTEC s STEALTH SF L x x mm x x quot Fan -Ballbearing DC V W Amp RPM CFM -pin with -pin adaptor Thermalright SLK- -U Heatsink ONLY All Copper heat spread AMD Athlon XP Palamino Thoroughbred and Barton and up Intel Pentium- socket- GHz and above Dimension L x W x H mm - Top without fan L x W x H mm - Bottom without fan Retail CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series Low Latency Twin Pack GB x MB x MX PC- LL With Black Heat Spreader Retail Specifications Speed MHz Organization x M x Memory type DDR Sapphire ATI RADEON Atlantis PRO MB DDR DVI TV-out CRT AGP BULK Specifications Chipset RADEON Pro Visual processing unit VPU Memory MB DDR -bit memory Eigh... Read more

A:Comp Specs What You Think?

>Also, do you think that 430W PSU will work for supporting my crazy ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB, motherboard, processor, crazy CPU fan, crazy memory, etc?

No, not that particular 430W PSU. I definately would not recommend it, unless of course you want your PSU to blow up one day. I suggest a Enermax PSU. You could probably even get by easily with a 350w Enermax PSU. I use one myself and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm not sure about the power requirements of the 9800 pro compared to the 9700 pro but I'm sure its not THAT much of a difference.

Although as far as the rest of the components your planning on putting in this system(s) I would say go for a Enermax 430w to be safe. Better safe than sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-specs-what-you-think.6017/
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently bought a new laptop, and although I am not upgrading it now, I would like to eventully get a RAM upgrade for it.

However, I don't know the bus speed of my current ram, and I definatly don't want to buy ram of a slower speed?

Is there a free program you know of that can generate this information?

A:Finding RAM specs

CPU-Z...

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

That's free and will give you most of your system specs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-ram-specs.537837/
Relevancy 67.51%

ok i wanna build my own desktop, and i am about to order the parts, so ijust wanted to ask the pros here if all of these parts match, or i should change one or two:

motherboard: Asus M4A78-E
CPU: AMD Phenom II 920 X4
video card: Sapphire HD4870 1GB VAPOR-X
power supply: Asus P-50GA 500W ActivPFC ATX2 12cm
Case: Aerocool S9 Pro
HDD: Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200rpm/32MB
memory: Kingston DDR2 4GB 1066MHz HyperX CL5

two more questions:
1- do you think i need more than 500W of power supply?
2- the case has a HUGE 40Cm fan. do i need an extra cooling system?

thanks

Relevancy 67.51%

Looking at going to a LCD and what wondering what I should be paying attention to in the specs listed for monitors.

Would a Lower MS be better then a higher one. I do game most of the time and needs an idea what to look for.

Thanks

A:Monitor specs

If you're a gamer, a lower MS is much better. You also want to go with a widescreen monitor. Generally a monitor with 5MS or lower is better for gaming.

I have provided a few links of monitors with low MS.

SAMSUNG 941BW Black 19" 4 ms (GTG) Widescreen LCD - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001088

Niko NIKO-1920W Black 19" 2ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824232007

CHIMEI CMV 946D Silver-Black 19" 2ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824252011

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-specs.542969/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey,

I am Craigslisting my brandnew pavillion 9000 which I paid 3,400 dollars for. I have the following problems

1. I did not get any lit. with the computer because it was a floor model

2) I lost the power cord in a recent move and it is out of power.

3. People at compusa ask like I am crazy when I call them and ask for the specs

4. These models start at 900 bucks, and I (and my customers) can't find one at the HP site or the compusa site for more than 2,200. That means this one is fully loaded, but I don't know exactly what it is loaded with cuz I can't get the ding-dong specs. Help please!

Relevancy 67.51%

AMD ACER ASPIRE NOTEBOOK Operating System Linux Platform AMD Turion Mk Processor GHz x Kb L Cache Supporting AMD PowerNow amp Technology And AMD HyperTransport Technology Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress System Memory Mb Of DDR MHz Memory Upgradeable To Gb Using Two Sodimm Modules Dual-channel Support Display say specs u LAPTOP this on What can of the in WXGA Acer Crystalbrite TFT LCD X Pixel Resolution Graphics ATI Radeon Xpress Integrated D Graphics with up to Mb Of Shared System Memory ATI Dualview Support Million Colors Mpeg- DVD Hardware-assisted Capability S-video Tv-out Audio High-definition Audio Support Storage Gb Hard Disk Drive -in- Card Reader What can u say on the specs of this LAPTOP Supporting Secure Digital Sd Multimediacard MMC Memory Stick MS Memory Stick Pro MS Pro Xd-picture Card XD Optical Media Drive x DVD-super Multi Double-layer Drive Communication WLAN Acer Invilink b G Wi-fi Certified Solution Supporting Acer Signalup Wireless Technology Lan Fast Ethernet Wake-on-lan Ready Modem Kb Itu V With Ptt Approval Wake-on-ring Ready Profile Size And Weight W X D X H Mm X X Inches Kgs Lbs Power Acpi Cpu Power Management Standard Supports Standby And Hibernation Power-saving Modes Battery W Mah Li-ion Battery -cell -hour Battery Life -pin W Ac Adapter Special Keys And Controls - -key Keyboard Inverted T Cursor Layout Mm Minimum Key Travel Touchpad With -way Scroll Button Function Keys Four Media Keys Play Pause Stop Previous Next Four Cursor Keys Two Windows Keys Hotkey Controls Embedded Numeric Keypad International Language Support Four Easy-launch Buttons Empowering Key Internet Email User-programmable Two Front-access Communication Led Switches Wlan Bluetooth I O Ports Pc Card Slot Type Li Three Usb Ports VGA Port S-video Tv-out Ntsc Pal Port Headphones Speaker Line-out Jack With S Pdif Support Microphone-in Jack Line-in Jack Ethernet Rj- Port Modem Rj- Port Dc-in Jack For Ac Adapter is it good for gaming D and for photoshop nbsp

A:What can u say on the specs of this LAPTOP

For photoshop and basic everyday things like e-mail,spreadsheets,surfing the web,etc. it is more than enough. For gaming 3D, you are better off with a dual core with a dedicated graphics card. AMD Turion 64X2 or Intel C2D with ATI or Nvidia dedicated GPU and possibly a 7200rpm hard drive. Asus laptops are geared more toward gamers as are the Acer Ferrari series laptops. Alienware would be the best but are very expensive. Serious gaming is best done on quad core desktops since gaming laptop produce so much heat. I'm also not familiar with gaming on Linux. Gaming is best done on Windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-can-u-say-on-the-specs-of-this-laptop.778046/